[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Institutionalization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Cover.jpg (354KB, 1600x1586px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
354KB, 1600x1586px
Greetings /vp/. I'm relatively new around here. Have been using 4chan for almost a decade, but only this year found out Pokemon had its own dedicated sub-board. Please excuse my plebeian knowledge.

Last game I played was Pokemon Blue, and the last time I played it was in 2001. Due to real life circumstances I never acquired any other Nintendo handhelds nor pokemon games; I have also never tried any of the sequels through emulation. Nevertheless, I kept reading news about Pokemon games every once in a while. Now, someone I know has re-ignited and I've been considering saving up so I can get Sun or Moon when it launches.

In the meantime, which game (which I can play through emulation) should I start playing to freshen up?

Thanks in advance.
>>
black/white
>>
Heart Gold/Soul Silver or Fire Red/Leaf Green
>>
>>26867689
oras, best games in the series
>>
>>26867689
black white, black white 2, heart gold soul silver and platinum are the only games you need to play until sun/moon
>>
None you fucking idiot. The second you touch a game you ruin what could have been a magical playthrough of sun and moon because you'll realize every tame is the fucking same since red and blue.

Save your fresh playthrough and experience a new game with the internet.

For fucks sake.
I mean did this guy really just ask to "freshen up" on goddamn pokemon?

>b-but my ivs and metagames, he should learn em meanwhile
nah, piss off
>>
Black and white and black 2 and white 2 or heartgold and soulsilver.
>>
>>26867689
>Have been using 4chan for almost a decade
No need to lie, anon.

My suggestion is HG/SS.
>>
>>26867689
>>26867728
Ignore this retard, just play them in order. skip ruby sapphire, and diamond and pearl.
>>
File: 1466104177191.jpg (34KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466104177191.jpg
34KB, 700x700px
While i think Black and White and then Black 2 and White 2 are better choices (and fit your criteria) you should spring for a 3DS and just get a Gen VI game so you can start getting some mons to transfer to Sun or Moon through bank when it comes out for filling out the Dex or getting some shit for post game battling.

>>26867707
shouldn't you be in an Unpopular Opinions thread?
>>
Wow, I expected immediate harassment. What a kind board.
>>26867694
>>26867702
>>26867707
>>26867710
Are all these emulated perfectly? Also, if you all don't mind, what's the average completion time of these games?
>>26867728
>I mean did this guy really just ask to "freshen up" on goddamn pokemon?
I think a 20-year gap in videogames (P.Blue was released over 20 years ago in Japan) makes wanting to freshen up warranted. There is much that has changed, hundreds of pokemons whose names I don't know nor can recognize and a ton of story I've missed. I likely don't have the time to play every single game until November, so I thought It would be better to ask for the "essentials".
>>
>>26867774
I would give an average of 15-20 hours to complete the main story with some side stuff on most of them. Post game could give 5-10 hours depending on the game.
I recommend:

Essentials:
>Heart Gold / Soul Silver
>Black / White

If you have enough time:
>Black 2 / White 2
>Platinum
>Emerald
>>
>all these retards suggesting he skips gens/plays the remakes
play the games in order, like you should with ANY fucking videogame franchise, don't skip anything
so Gold/Silver/Crystal
>>
>>26867740
Actually, it's almost 12 years; I found the site around Christmas 2004, but I'm not an "oldfag" by any meaning of the word... I mostly browsed /r/ since back then it was an (imho) incredibly efficient way to find sources of things you wanted, and /n/ for cool animal pictures (it was later changed to /an/ in 2006 iirc). Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
>>26867747
Will I have enough time to finish them all?
>>26867764
That would be ideal, but I can't afford a 3DS and a Gen6 game right now. Quite poor. I'm starting to save as much as I can come next month though.
>>
>>26867918
Pokémon isn't a story driven game and both FR / LF and HG / SS offer objectively better experiences than the original games.
The dude doesn't have enough time to play every single game before S / M
>>
>>26867907
I was thinking of going Crystal > Emerald > Platinum > Black > Black 2 > X. I don't know if the last one is playable through emulator though.
>>26867918
>Play the games in order, like you should with ANY fucking videogame franchise.
Would you say playing all versions from each generation is needed?
>>
>>26867689
>and the last time I played it was in 2001
>>>/b/
>>
>>26867764
it's not a unpopular opinion
>>
>>26867689
I think Gen 3 is a good place to start. Easy to emulate, easy to get into. I recommend Firered and Leafgreen, but R/S/E are solid games as well.
>>
>>26867988
I would instead suggest:
FireRed > Emerald > Platinum > HeartGold > White > White 2 > X

I think FireRed is a much better introduction to the series. Gen 2 is classic, but honestly, it can be such a headache that you can skip it no problem. Plus, FireRed is a Kanto game, so it should be familiar for you.

Emerald is the best Hoenn game, so you just have to.

Platinum is debatably the best game in the series, rivalled by HeartGold and SoulSilver, so both of those are highly highly recommended.

I would go for White/White 2, personally, but that's because of my own preferences in version exclusive mons, mostly. By this point, you can check out the exclusives and decide for yourself. Both are awesome, though.

X and Y are just okay. They're the most recent, though, and worth playing. Plus, it has an amazingly wide selection of Pokemon. Like, holy shit. You can catch over half of every Pokemon just in that game.

But it's a good series, man. Remember that getting burned out on Pokemon is very possible, so don't feel bad taking breaks between games. Play something else, get away from it.

And have fun.
>>
>>26867936
A pokemon game at my fastest can be completed in two day so probly
>>
>>26867689
Emareld.
the only way to play pokemon is on 400% speed.
>>
Thanks everyone for indulging me.

>>26868439
Why FireRed? Isn't it a remake? I still remember some of Blue.
>>26869015
I assume you mean 400% emulator speed? Is that fun?
>>
>>26869261
no don't do 400% speed he's memeing

and you can start anywhere man. pokemon is easy. fire red is a good start because it's based off of the first gen, memorable pokemon and it's got good pacing

if you want a COMPLETELY different experience go with Black or White. All new pokemon you won't recognize and you can't find any old ones.
>>
>>26869261
>>26869291
im not memeing
but yea, maybe 400% is too much. but i still think pokemon is too slow at times.
>>
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
>>
>>26867689
>>
Shit tier list
>no mystery dungeon
>no shuffle
>>
>>26868224
Yes it is. In fact, saying that ORAS aren't the worst remakes and second worst games in the franchise is an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>26869336
200-400% is good for grinding/stupid easy fights (Team X)/skipping story. It eoesnt ruin anything.
>>
>>26870469
You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>26870469
Why is Diamond & Pearl nowhere on your list? Do you only play remakes/second releases of the game?
>>
Is there a playable X/Y ROM and emulator ?
>>
>>26871996
I'd like to know this too. Same for ORAS.
>>
>>26868224
Yes it is, now stop showing your age you underage faggot.
>>
>>26867689
>Have been using 4chan for almost a decade
>I've been considering saving up so I can get Sun or Moon when it launches.
There is no reason for you to lie on /vp/, considering the average poster's age is 15. Platinum and BW are the best options.
>>
>>26875382
I'm a neet parasite. Since if I get a job, I'll have to start paying some medical bills, my net income wouldn't actually increase. Therefore, I need to save up.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.