[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remakes are dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Sinnoh.jpg (172KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh.jpg
172KB, 800x557px
Let's look at the facts
>1. They clearly didn't want to remake Ruby and Sapphire very much, hence why all the actual remade content sucked or was cut down in the name of "convenience", and the only good parts of the games were all of the brand-new content (Zinnia aside)
>2. eShop and Bank compatibility. If they can remake Gen 1 of all things and make it PokeBank compatible, then why bother remaking, say, Diamond and Pearl? They can just stick Gen 4 on the eShop with PokeBank features
>3. Now that we've gone "full 3D" instead of tile-based 3D, the overworld style has changed too much for them to easily bring old games over to the new style. In fact, many features of the old overworld style outright wouldn't work in Sun/Moon's gameplay style. Have we seen any small ledges yet? For that matter, would ice floor puzzles, traditional Strength rock puzzles and spin tile puzzles even work in full 360-degree 3D? I don't think it would

With all of this in mind, I genuinely think we're at the end of the remake cycle. We may well get Sinnoh games in Generation 7 or 7, but I don't think they'll be remakes. From here on out, we'll be getting either VASTLY different (even moreso than ORAS) "reimaginings" of old games, or they'll take the resources they could have used for remakes to give us sequel games instead - I for one would definitely be up for a Diamond 2 and Pearl 2.
>>
Blogs go on reddit or >>>/r9k/.
>>
>>26603615
>blogs
literally what?
>>
>>26603615
>I use buzzwords for any post that's too long for me to read
You've probs got adhd or autism tbqh m8

As for you OP, I don't think remakes are over. They'll definitely need more retooling than they used to but keepbin mind that every remake so far has deviated further from its source material than the remakes before. We'll get DP remakes, they'll just be shit
>>
>>26603736
>buzzwords
Hello reddo.
>>
>>26603604
i'd rather have the original games on the eshop than remakes
>>
2013 XY ("Z" part 1)
2014 Ruby Sapphire (remake)
2016 Sun Moon ("Z" part 2)
2017 Diamond Pearl (remake)
2019 EarthZ (Zygarde game)
>>
>>26603736

If they stray as much as you think they will, I think I'll enjoy them. I'd like a full reimagining of Sinnoh, it was a great region with vastly wasted potential.
>>
>>26603604
Wouldn't mind gold/silver/crystal being remade again. Maybe they can slam red/blue/green in there too and reuse kanto in the same game. Maybe add some neat thing in where if you beat the elite 4 in the first game the red you encounter on mt silver on your g/s playthrough has the same lineup of your latest r/b league playthorugh only maxed out at level 100.
>>
Remakes aren't needed, notwithstanding the excellence of HGSS.
The originals are a product of their time, still great, and the new ability to bank mon from the eSop games gives them legs again
Nobody wants to revisit Sinnoh or Unova
>>
File: KantoPoke.png (223KB, 425x310px) Image search: [Google]
KantoPoke.png
223KB, 425x310px
>>26604446
I've never been much of a Kantofag, but now that the series is "full 3D" I definitely want a retelling of the original Kanto story. They can change the region massively, expand/redo the Rocket story, make the routes actually interesting - whatever it takes to give Kanto a breath of fresh air. I just feel like Kanto in true 3D needs to be done at some point, it's literally what every kid dreamed of during the height of PokeMania when the anime and the cards were hot shit.

Plus, you know. Cinnabar is long overdue to be completely overhauled as a real volcano island. Every piece of art of Kanto ever has it portrayed as a volcano, that flat shit in FRLG is no excuse
>>
>>26604807
It was a climbable volcano in HGSS, but it was still small. Fuck it, I want a full-fledged Cinnabar Volcano dungeon, Mt.Ember style, with Moltres or Entei at the top.
>>
>>26604857
God, Mt. Ember was fucking awesome. It was such a shame that FRLG were too scared to tamper with Kanto itself, because the new areas in Sevii were really well designed for the most part. Like, I hate ORAS as much as the next guy but I have to give Game Freak the credit since they've finally grown the balls to actually deviate from the source material.
>>
Remakes sell a fucking lot and are only half the work.

There you have it.
>>
>>26605518
>half the work
not anymore senpai
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.