[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Little Changes You Want in Sun & Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 32

File: vaginabones.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vaginabones.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
Remove the Withdraw/Deposit options for the Box.

All Pokemon animations are view-able in the Pokedex (including fainting and the amie ones)

Idle animations for more (ideally, all) Pokemon.

Fewer (ideally, no) NPCs that stand completely still like statues.

Ability to take photos with your party again.
>>
Following Pokémon. :)
>>
>>26473785
EXP scaling.
>>
>>26473785
>Remove the Withdraw/Deposit options for the Box

why remove a feature? that's just retarded. The move option is still there and it's the default one
>>
Graphically intensive sex scenes.
>>
>>26473854
>in a kids game

keep dreaming pedo.
>>
remove HMs
>>
>>26473785
-remove team preview
-remove double battles
-easier and intuitive online mode without friend codes (still use friend codes to easily find people)
-remove any and all backwards compatibilty with previous games
-make hackmon detection 100x better
-make breeding even easier
>>
>>26473854
pomf pls go
>>
>>26473837
>The move option is still there and it's the default one
In XY at least move/organize is option #3
>>
>>26473874
>remove any and all backwards compatibilty with previous games
Do you mean with BW/B2W2 or with XY/ORAS
I doubt they would remove the ability to trade/battle with a generation that literally uses the same engine
>>
>>26473911
Hope they don't mean old Pokemon transfer/Bank compatability coz that's not gonna happen.
>>
>>26473785
Sprite based visuals in higher definition
No static 3D models
No retarded shit like sky battles or rotation battles
More emphasis on plot then battling
Make pokemon catch rates much lower and actually make them a challenge to catch
Remove the ability to save at any time and give us dedicated save points.
Increase the penalty for losing, if you lose, you pay for it. no more handholding
Make HMs puzzle relevant again
Make caves and "dungeons" puzzle heavy and require critical thinking again as opposed to being obnoxiously long hallways
Give us a rival that isnt buddy buddy best friends forever tier shit.
>>
>>26473946
>plot
Please go ruin another series.
>>
>>26473785
Give pokemon 4 addition HM slots that are exclusively for outside of battle use.
>>
>>26473946
>Remove the ability to save at any time and give us dedicated save points.

This was supposed to be about good ideas not backward steps, 2Dtwit
>>
>>26473837

MMO areas or co-op etc.
DLC every so often with new wardrobes, mega pokemon and small places. Most of this stuff should be free but I mean w.e.

Would be fantastic to have an MMO pokemon game where people can't just cheat to get what they want. While this sounds a little backwards, because the metagame is the strongest point for the game. It backs competitive players up into a corner where their "max stat legendary but still OU" is now not the best because... Oh shit they can't obtain a max stat legendary. Also makes people choose between first training and breeding their bros or their competitive team.
>>
>>26473982
>unironically preferring 3D
He's a retard, but you're an even bigger one.
>>
HM01 - replaced with machette
HM02 - Replaced with a glider/bi plane
HM03 - Push cart
HM04 - Boogie board
HM05 - Flashlight
HM06 - Scuba gear
HM07/8 - Rock climbing gear

Make HMs TMs.
>>
More gyms or 8 spread out to the point that their pokemon are level 80

All pokemon are catchable by 8th gym

More trainers and areas

Rebattle trainers every day with pokemon to match your level/evolution stage
>>
RNG Elite four.

Have the elite four always switch up their teams, always have randomized well balanced competitive pokes, and always be a new challenge everytime they fight you.
>>
>>26473785
More Pokemon Amie features. Brushing, washing, polishing, accessorizing, and such. At least new games.

Following pokemon and, possibly, riding pokemon.

More special pokemon HM interactions, like Sharpedo surfing in ORAS.

Emerald tier battle frontier.

Most birds land during battle. If nothing else, all birds land when they use roost or are under the effects of smack down, gravity, ect.

Gym Leaders with at least 4 pokemon, E4 with at least 5, and champ with 6. More pokemon on each team is better.

BOTH a Bro rival and a jackass rival.

More in-battle models.
>>
>>26473939
maybe they just don't want all the broken/hacked pokemon from previous generations being brought forward and given some form of legitimacy
>>
>>26474057
>Pokeamie faggotry

God, no. Go play nintendogs.
>>
File: 1461714506022.png (297KB, 594x331px) Image search: [Google]
1461714506022.png
297KB, 594x331px
>>26473946
Shit Changes:
>Sprite based visuals in higher definition
>Make pokemon catch rates much lower and actually make them a challenge to catch

Great changes:
>No retarded shit like sky battles or rotation battles
>More emphasis on plot then battling
>Make HMs puzzle relevant again
>Make caves and "dungeons" puzzle heavy and require critical thinking again as opposed to being obnoxiously long hallways

>Give us a rival that isnt buddy buddy best friends forever tier shit.
I don't really care what kind of rival we get, as long as they're well written
>Increase the penalty for losing, if you lose, you pay for it. no more handholding
Would be good if done right.
>>
>>26473785
MAKE MY POKEMON FOLLOW ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I personally don't care for Gen 7. I'm more excited for pokemon sage, even if it takes 3 generations to come out.
>>
>>26474066
This. pre pokemon bank x/y (which was only like 2-3 months) was the best time to play pokemon. No shit hackmons, trading, breeding and battling SUPER popular.
>>
Dark souls style penalty

>Catch pokemon and train them up
>Some TR grunt comes up to you, fucks up your day and beats you in battle
>You white out, your pokemon are stolen from you, have to go back to that spot and beat that trainer to get them back.
>If you lose again you're shit out of luck
>>
Type chart update: physical/special moves are strong/weak against different types.
>>
>>26474112
If anything, I'd love dark soul style seamless multiplayer.
>>
File: 1463389997730.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1463389997730.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>26473785
-seasons
-weather forecasts and weather being more important
-longer routes
-deeper caves
-higher mountains
-vaster ocean
-denser forests
-less tiny towns
-less story
-less railroading

-online mode which employs the same rules as battle facilities (fuck Mega Ray and Primals)
-breeding Pokemon always passes down the highest IV stats
-confusion damage is a set percentage
-6 move slots
-more battle bgm options for battle facilities plus unique battle bgm
-split people who battle online between people who want to have team preview and those who don't
-you can look for battles with people close to your age
-Little Cup online mode
-easy tournament hosting with battle rule options
-text chat for trades and battles

-more GTS filters and options
including:
-option to seek out trades looking for a Pokemon you have
-option to filter out specific Pokemon asked
-option to filter out trades looking for any and all legendaries

-challenge mode
-promised "amazing battle facility" since XY being actually amazing

I could probably go on for a long time, but you get the idea. Love the series since the beginning, but they'll need to improve on its somewhat dated mechanics a lot.
>>
>>26474166
>-Little Cup online mode
At least some sort of tier system. They know exactly how popular and how good each pokemon is, all the stats are available on Global Link, so allowing people to choose tiers would be great.
>>
>>26474166
>option to seek out trades looking for a Pokemon you have

Yes please
>>
>>26474037
>giving a 12 year old a machete
>thinking a 12 year old can operate let alone breathe in scuba gear.
>>
A dedicated, enforced Nuzlocke mode
>>
>>26474226
Why would you want a world of Pokemon where your human character does everything? Just make them skills rather than items.Or let you switch Pokémon in/out on the fly.
>>
>>26474166
>breeding Pokemon always passes down the highest IV stats

I have second thoughts about this, for some Pokemon it's actually more beneficial to have the lowest possible Speed. And Hidden Power is still determined by IV (yet another dated mechanic which needs changing). Freely change Hidden Power at a psychic medium or something and allow the passing down of a low IV with "cursed" items.
>>
>>26474226
>Realism in a fantasy themed game about monsters befriending humans
>>
File: 1464169373916.jpg (68KB, 200x324px) Image search: [Google]
1464169373916.jpg
68KB, 200x324px
>Multiple save slots
>Abundant amount of new Pokemon
>Decent story that gets me invested
>Difficulty system
>Rivals that give me the motivation to actually fight them and not just "I'm your friend now, so fight me in your first battle with me using a starter weak to yours!"
>This >>26474037
>Comfy soundtrack
>Deep lore with legendary mascots and proper locations to fight them at
>Seasons that drastically effect the environment and Pokemon, like Gen 5
>PWT with cameos ALL across the previous generations because 20th anniversary and such
>>
Victory animations at the end of battle. No more staring at Pokemon asses.
>>
>>26473874
>remove double battles
Why, Double Battles are fun.
>>
>>26474166
>confusion damage is a set percentage
I don't battle seriously, but I always liked that an attack-weak pokemon was less susceptible to confusion
not just because they can't punch as strong, but also because low attack usually indicates high special attack, meaning they may be smart enough to not punch themselves in the face as hard
>>
>>26473820
This.
>>
>>26473993
DLC no.
>>
>>26474226
>giving a 12 year old a fire breathing dragon.
>>
>Challenge Mode
- If you lose to the Elite 4, you have to beat every gym leader again.
- All fainted pokemon are transferred to your box.
- TMs are disabled.

>Actual tournament before pokemon league
>>
Rematch especially vs any trainer or gym leader
>>
Champion Mode:

After you are made champion you actually have to defend your crown from challengers in a post game mode that sees powerful trainers from previous pokemon titles challenging you for the title. Rather than a finite tournament like the PWT this could be a perpetual feature and the levels/difficulty of your challengers could change depending on your win streak. Your number of successful defences could be shown on your trainer card for bragging rights.
>>
>>26474580
free dlc. like they should have added the new megas in oras to x/y
>>
>>26474797
That could work out pretty well, if executed properly. Role-playing as Champion or Gym Leader might not be very relevant, but it's still interesting.

Also, there could be some quite expensive postgame key items which work just like HMs, so you don't need to waste team slots for HM slaves.
>>
>>26474865

DLC unlocked by Amiibos.

You know it's they're going to produce a shedload more pokemon amiibos for sun and moon to cash in so they may as well be worth having.
>>
>>26474933

>700+ pokemon amiibo

oh fuck
>>
>>26474933
TPC has a thing against Amiibo for some reason.
>>
>>26474797
I was coming to post this. I want being a Champion to actually mean something. They obviously have the capability to give you like, daily or weekly battles.

I'm so sick of becoming "Champion" and then nothing comes of it, and the guy you beat stays in the E4 as the Champion despite you beating them. ORAS was a step in the right direction by many people, including Steven, acknowledging you as the Champion but he still was the one sitting at the E4.

I want to BE the Champion god dammit. I understand this was not possible in older games due to engine limitations, but this could have been achievable as far back as fucking 3rd Gen (maybe even 2nd). Step up GameFreak.

Oh, and give us more cameos from previous Gen's protagonists. Like Red in G/S/C, that shit was so hype.
>>
Change it so that as long as you have a pokemon who can learn an HM you have in your inventory and you have the appropriate badge, you can use that HM move on the field without the pokemon needing to learn it.

ex: Poppolio is in your party, you have the Surf HM and the badge required to use Surf, you can Surf without teaching Poppolio Surf
>>
>>26474968
>I want to BE the Champion god dammit.
There's no real way to do this without having something that breaks up the gameplay a lot.
>>
>>26475051
How so? If you mean having to do Champion duties, it's obviously more relaxed than people let on. See: Steven dicking around all throughout the games he was in, not always having to be at the E4 obviously.
>>
>>26474797
>this
>>
>>26474933
I would be okay with this if I could finally use my Splatoon amiibos for something desu
>>
E4 actually have a role in the games
>>
I want more little hidden, optional areas like the bottom of Route 34 in Johto (the place you had to Surf to and had the trainers battling there). I like these cozy little secret places that you might miss because it was inaccessible when you past by it. I thought this area was awesome back when I discovered it in Gold.

Also, more Post-Game locations like the Sevii Islands in FRLG.
>>
File: 300px-Pokemon-GSC-Johto-Route34.png (61KB, 300x576px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Pokemon-GSC-Johto-Route34.png
61KB, 300x576px
>>26475115
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>26473889
ORAS postgame allows you to move "move" to the top.
I thought it'd be really handy but muscle memory makes me scroll down everytime I boot up the PC.
>>
>>26475115
>I want more little hidden, optional areas like the bottom of Route 34 in Johto
But every game has that, hell, Johto probably had the least.
>>
How about being able to hold TMs. And if your Pokemon can learn the move they can use it in battle as a fifth move for as long as they are holding the item.
>>
hard mode
less fuck buddy "rival" cutscenes that amount to nothing other than wasting my time, or at least give it some pay off instead of battling a fat dude with 2 shitmon

starter evolutions not be shit
>>
>>26475163
Not really? I mean, like really easy to miss places like the one I posted. I remember places in the other gens that couldn't be accessed till you had a late game thing, but not a lot like what I'm talking about.
>>
File: B2W2_Free_Space_pocket_M.png (4KB, 108x134px) Image search: [Google]
B2W2_Free_Space_pocket_M.png
4KB, 108x134px
More divisions in the bag for items.
Bring back the free space from BW2.
Maybe also add in a search function for the bag.
>>
>>26475187
>I mean, like really easy to miss places like the one I posted.
There are people on this board that are unaware you can catch Jigglypuff in that little crop of land off of Route 115 in RSE
I've seen some completely unaware of the Moor of Icirrus and other such places in gen 5.

They still exist.
>>
>>26475187
in johto you have like 3 of these places, there are dozens more in the games after that. I agree with you with adding a lot more "hidden places", but they have actually improved that a bit each generation
>>
>>26475251
>>26475268
Right, but I'm just saying I want more like that. Hidden places with more to them than "random shit item placed here". Trainers, other Pokemon to catch like the Jigglypuff you mentioned, etc.
>>
>>26473874
this.

I mainly just wish for the return of a singles 6x6 metagame online/tournaments. You don't have to acually remove doubles, but focus way less on that.

It's stupid that the online competitive scene has nothing to do with how the games are played in single player, so either make the whole game doubles-based (terrible idea) or bring back singles to the competitive scene
>>
>>26473785
Being able to fly to routes and other non town locations so long as they're outside.
>>
>>26474111
Wasn't that also when someone figured out that Game Freak didn't encrypt the battle or trade info at all so you could see what move your opponent picks before choosing your move and find out the shiny ID for eggs with a program?
>>
>>26473785
>Pokemon that follow you
>Deeper lore
>More challenging campaign
>In depth story
>130+ new pokemon
>Cool locations
>Exp scaling
>More customization
It's not too much to ask for right?
>>
>>26475438
I think that occurred some time after or during bank because I remember you couldn't do ranked matches at the time.
>>
>>26475466
It happened in November 2013, about a month after XY launched but a month before Bank was operational in Japan.
>>
>>26473837
>why remove a feature?
Because the feature was made obsolete by the move feature. Personally I have never used withdraw or deposit since move was introduced.
>>
>>26473874
>remove any and all backwards compatibilty with previous games
Kill yourself.
>>
>>26474966
thank god
>>
>>26475237
This. It's ridiculous how one pocket holds pokeballs, battle items, evolution items and sell-only items.
>>
>>26475410
ORAS does let you do this (without using Soar too)
>>
Something I've always thought would be neat would be beating the Elite 4 and having somebody get ready to induct you into the hall of fame when suddenly your rival bursts in and announces he just beat the Elite 4 too and has to challenge you to determine who the champion is.

Just a way to be a little different for a game.
>>
File: angry donald duck.gif (3MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
angry donald duck.gif
3MB, 267x199px
>>26473946
>>26473956
We either need to have a good engaging story-line, or a story that's so minimal it doesn't get in the way.

I'm replaying X/Y right now, and I'm so tired of clicking 'b' through endless dialog boxes about "the power of friendship you guys! <3 !! :)"
Everytime I walk into a new area there's a cut scene thrust in my face, or the goddamn holocaster forcing me to talk to one of my loser "rivals", or to remind me Lysandre wants to make the world more beautiful by blowing it up.

I just want to catch and battle Pokemon, either make a story with some substance, or move it out my way.
>>
>>26475753
They tried both and people hated the stories or lack thereof.
>>
Just remove the main scenario or make it optional/less than 10 hours.

Nobody plays for the scenario either, just adopt the Minecraft/Splatoon approach and allow the player to breed and multiplayer out the box. It's fucking stupid they keep trying to focus on the single player in a multiplayer game. Plus with less time focused on the 8-gym simulator they can finally put development time into fixing the metagame.
>>
>>26475753
You don't want plot if you just want to battle. Go back to your simulators.
>>
File: bf-map.jpg (64KB, 620x339px) Image search: [Google]
bf-map.jpg
64KB, 620x339px
>all those fun battle gimmicks
>all available to do with your buddy

Why did they get rid of it? Added so much replay value.
>>
>>26475880
Have a (You), anon.
>>
File: 35cipi0[1].jpg (67KB, 509x325px) Image search: [Google]
35cipi0[1].jpg
67KB, 509x325px
>>26475906
>posting the trash frontier
This is also the reason they dropped it.
>>
>>26475742
That's pretty much what YOU did in Gen 1 to your Rival.
>>
>>26475981
Yeah no shit Sherlock. This thread's supposed to be about little changes you'd like to see. That's a little change that I thought about a long time ago.
>>
I want the Champion to always be 5 levels higher than your highest level pokemon and use Max Revives along with Full Restores.
>>
>>26476343
Yeah no, there's a point where difficulty becomes tedium anon.
>>
>>26476405
it's not that hard man, I was replaying SS and my guys are so underleveled when compared to Clairs. It was fun working around that level gap.
>>
>>26476420
>it's not that hard man
No one said it was hard, well you kind of implied it, anyway it's tedious you're just repeating something you've done before.
>>
>>26474082
>waiting for something that will never be released
>>
The pokemon actually appear on the overworld instead of random encounters.
>>
>>26476461
Like in ORAS?
>>
>>26476468
Kinda, but I would like to see the pokemon models walking around.
>>
>>26476343
>a battle that will never end

How about not using items at all like in battle facilities
>>
>>26473874
Team preview is fine. The only people who want it removed are people who want to spam shitty gimmicks.
>>
>>26473785
requesting source on the Zinnia image. All I'm finding in google search is shitty youtube videos.
>>
>>26474054
>Randomized
>Well balanced
>Competitive
You can't have them all
>>
>>26476557
completely removes surprise from abilties like illusion or flash fire. it's not only shitty gimmicks
>>
>>26476420
they just need to make the champion battle with the ai/moveset/ivs/evs of battle maison, not make him spam max revives
>>
>>26476586
The surprise element isn't removed at all. If you show a zoroark or a flash fire user, then you pressure your opponent to always think about it when making decisions.
>>
>>26476571
Someone provide the sauce
>>
File: 1459993541068.jpg (158KB, 1265x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1459993541068.jpg
158KB, 1265x1128px
>>26474166
>less story
>>
no shitty battle maison locking up all the good hold items
>>
File: 1459460020562.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459460020562.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>26474318
Eyyy another person that cares about stuff other than competitive battling and/or collecting. Its rare to find that on this shitty board.

Every point you made would make pokemon close to perfect.
>>
-battlespot singles 6v6, but possibly with shorter animations and movetime to not make games last an hour
-detect any hackmons
-fuck off with event pokemon and make all moves and hidden abillities availible without bs like having to use a move trainer in another game and transfer or getting a mon with a ha years back through an event
-improved models, idle animations and attack animations
- no new bs like primal forms or whatever. megas are enough fuck off with everything else
-maybe a new item or two that could give older mons new sets or make shit pokemon viable
-some dank themes like kalos power plant theme
-keep friend safari
-a secound saveslot, cmon gf make it happen
>>
>>26476747
>- no new bs like primal forms or whatever. megas are enough fuck off with everything else
>-a secound saveslot, cmon gf make it happen

You might as well drop pokemon because these aren't going to happen.
Also Friend Safari was shit, I'd rather keep the dex nav.
>>
File: 1418365899135.gif (905KB, 300x175px) Image search: [Google]
1418365899135.gif
905KB, 300x175px
>>26473874
>-remove any and all backwards compatibilty with previous games
>remove double battles
>>
>>26473874
> Remove double battles

Taking the bait, but seriously? Double battles is one of the best things to ever happen to Pokemon
>>
Replacing HMs with Items does not appeal to me. Yes, there are too many HMs and some are redundant. Some should be made TMs, sure. Fly, Cut, Strength, and Surf should be the only four HM moves. When you get a certain number of badges you can use the base move outside battle but HMs would, essentially, have tiers. With Surf as an arbitrary example, let's say the player gets access to the move outside battle with the 4th gym badge--that is tier one. The 5th gym badge will allow you, outside battle, to Dive with a surfing pokemon. 6th unlocks another tier, waterfall. 7th? another, whirlpool. The former HMs sill exist (as TMs) and can be taught and used in battle whenever or when a new tier is unlocked. Strength tiers are Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb. Cut remains unchanged. Fly could have a soar mechanic at some point.

New animations would be great.

A sense of grand adventure like Gen 2 or 4 but with a strong emphasis on story like Gen 5.

Long shot but DLC outfits. Purely aesthetic paid content would be a good way for GF and Nintendo to pocket some cash.

A rebattling system like HGSS had but extend it to all trainers.

A rival that is actually a rival.

Seasons/Weather.

An engaing postgame and no maison for the third time.

Baby pokemon have more of a purpose. Egg moves, tutor moves, etc. are learned in baby stage much quicker than other stages. It gives an incentive to breeding.

Following pokemon, difficulty settings, MMO, all regions, extra save slots, IV removal, etc. are not on my wishlist. I get why people want them but those things are too unlikely.
>>
>>26476878
>It gives an incentive to breeding.
By making Egg moves, which can already be bred down, learnable by level up.
That's ridiculous.
>>
>>26473874
>remove double battles
>what is vgc
>>
>>26474982
I am ok with this
>>
>>26476925
I botched that one.

My train of thought was to make Tutor Moves become egg moves or learn-able by the baby form in games, like XY, where some tutors aren't available.
>>
>>26473785
Swimsuits.
>>
>>26473785
>Favorite Item toggle.
Like with registering key items, you can apply a favorite toggle to certain items in your bag so that they are always on the top when you sort it. At this point, there's no excuse to not have it unless they re-implement the item PC.
>>
>>26476878
I agree with having a limited amount of HMs, but why not just buff the moves? Make Cut have a chance to flinch or something
>>
>>26477028
Flinch, lower def of target, raise a stat of attacker, whatever. Hell, make it a normal move that is SE against grass. I'm fine with any of it if the other changes are implemented too.
>>
When you acquire a Pokémon with an Event Move, a Move Tutor unlocks the ability to teach any Pokémon of that species or its evolved forms that move.

This will also be applied retroactively to any event mon imported from Gen 3/4/5/6
>>
File: cookie_monster_waiting.gif (167KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
cookie_monster_waiting.gif
167KB, 500x275px
>varying modes of difficulty
>IVs can be changed, but are not completely removed (so you don't have to trash your in-game bros to the pc forever)
>Gym leaders have the same number of pokemon that you bring to the battle
>More animations for all aspects of battling, including individual pokemon
>exp share being a held item again, until the postgame where it's turned back into a key item like gen 6 was
>make breeding easier so less people will cheat
>make the postgame better than just the battle maison
>>
>>26474013
Yes yes, because nothing should ever change and what was done when you were five should be how things are done forever because sprites are perfect and do no wrong and my nostalgia everything new is shit everything old is blessed by god you fucking kids these days waah waah.

If people like you and Miyamoto were in charge of everything we'd still be in the Stone Age because you'd be terrified of the sharp shiny metal things.
>>
>>26477264
What does Miyamoto have to do with anything?
>>
>>26477320
He's the one who forces Mario, Zelda, F-Zero, and a bunch of other franchises to remain as static as possible because he doesn't believe in story or changes or anything new.
>>
>>26477372
>he doesn't believe in story or changes or anything new.
Eh, he certainly doesn't mind change if he keeps the core the same for obvious reasons but story is something he feels isn't necessary.
And it isn't, personally I still stand by what Carmack said about it in video games too.
>>
>>26477372
>He's the one who forces Mario, Zelda, F-Zero, and a bunch of other franchises to remain as static as possible
But all of them have changed over the years.
You don't have to reinvent the wheel for something to change you know.
>>
>>26477426
If there's no story then what's the point? It doesn't need to be deep and amazing but Miyamoto told them to basically remove the story from the Paper Mario games and the Galaxy games despite them both having very good and emotional stories. And look at what we get with every damn Pokemon game, always "collect mons and beat gyms while stopping evil group who are dumber than sacks of wet hammers". The only Pokemon games that actually have any kind of interesting narrative are the Gamecube Orre duo.
>>
>>26477443
See >>26477471, I never said to reinvent the wheel but you also should change the tires when they go flat. Miyamoto hated that Galaxy 1 had more story than just "Bowser take Peach Mario go save" and how Paper Mario had a bunch of individual Toad characters and fun intriguing stories and characterization.
>>
>>26477471
>It doesn't need to be deep and amazing but Miyamoto told them to basically remove the story from the Paper Mario games
You do realise that they removed it because people thought it was underwhelming in Super Paper Mario right?
Miyamoto had nothing to do with that other than that one comment of if they needed it or not.
Kudo even thought about removing it when he saw the poll results before development for Sticker Star went into full swing.

>and the Galaxy games despite them both having very good and emotional stories.
>Galaxy
>emotional
That was utter trite you pleb.
If you actually felt anything for that cheap excuse of a story you can go fuck right off.
>>
>>26474166
>gliscor with six move slots
Haha fuck you
>>
>>26477562
None of that is what the interview regarding Sticker Star said. Miyamoto was the reason Bowser had no lines, why all the Toads were the same, why there was next to no story, etc.

>SPM story was underwhelming

They're retarded, then, it had the best story of the PM games.

Sorry that I found Rosalina's story interesting and that she got more characterization in one game than the rest of the cast have had in thirty years.
>>
>>26477536
People always go back to his stance on Mario when trying to prove he "hates" story in video games.
Even when the guy states several times that he feels that they don't belong in Mario and that's what Zelda is for.

I mean, trying to put a story behind something like Mario is like putting Mayonnaise on a cake sure you can eat it but it's not going to be particularly good.
Like that other anon said with Carmack and his "Story in a game is like a story in a porn movie. It's expected to be there, but it's not that important." statement.
A story shouldn't have to be in your face in that type of game.
>>
>>26477619
>None of that is what the interview regarding Sticker Star said. Miyamoto was the reason Bowser had no lines, why all the Toads were the same, why there was next to no story, etc.

>Tanabe: Yeah. With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.

>Kudo: I originally saw it in a way that's similar to Miyamoto-san. Personally I think all we need is to have an objective to win the boss battle at the end of the game. I didn't think we necessarily needed a lengthy story like in an RPG. Instead, we looked at the characteristics of a portable game that can be played little by little in small pieces and packed in lots of little episodes and ideas. I always did like putting in little ideas, so I actually enjoyed it.

Miyamoto did ask them if a story was necessary but never said to remove it, that was all due to these guys and the fans.
>>
>>26473854
>Game Freak employee reads this
>Implements the most well animated, most intense cutscene in any pokémon game ever
>It's a fusion dance between Plusle and Minun which ends with them becoming a Pichu.
>It's referred to as a form of breeding by random exposition/hint NPC, so it counts.
>>
>>26477673
Oh yeah and Kudo was the one in charge of the script so you can blame him for Bowser.
>>
>>26477673
>we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting

Was it one person spamming No with multiple IPs, because I've seen a lot of people praising SPM's story.
>>
>>26477725
>Was it one person spamming No with multiple IPs
I doubt that considering no one thought anything of it also why would anyone do that?
>>
>>26474166
Apart from the "less story" thing, I fucking dig this. Especially the 6 move slots thing.
>>
>>26473785
BIKINIS!
>>
>>26477725
The SPM problem is that it was too much. TTYD and Paper Mario had the same quirky writing elements and interesting locales, but were tempered with a fun battle system and (usually) knowing when to draw the line. SPM went balls out with the writing to the point where several sections are legitimately arduous and obnoxious for no good reason other than because its a "joke", and coincidentally, the gameplay took a solid hit (not interesting enough to be a puzzle / platformer, not a satisfying RPG, just kind of meh), so people at the time of release did not like it. Since Sticker Star was released, people realized they'd much rather have "not perfect but still okay" SPM rather than "oh god what happened" SS, so favorable opinions of SPM have tended to crop up more often.
>>
File: snugemmers.png (110KB, 910x892px) Image search: [Google]
snugemmers.png
110KB, 910x892px
I'd really like following pokemon back, though it seems unlikely to happen.
>>
>>26478018
The problem now is that the Mario and Luigi games have stolen Paper Mario's niche and it needs to find a new one.

Which is why we're getting more stickers.
>>
>>26473785
Clickbait pic.
>>
>>26474318
Add a not!game corner where you play minigames to get tokens that you can exchange for stuff and requires no gambling and it'll be perfect
>>
A "switch item" option in the party so that I can move a hold item from one of my Pokemon without having to go through giving and taking items.
>>
>>26478125
You know that's already in the game right?
>>
>>26478102
What if there were card shops all across the region? You could collect cards and play the Pokemon TCG to earn points for prizes?
>>
>>26478151
TCG is a bit long but I would be down for that.
And you can use your winnings to buy decks.
>>
>>26478151
That would be such a smart and great move that GF is not doing it in the next century.
Both Pokemon and Pokemon TCG in the same game would be too much.
>>
Release multiple Mons at once.

Different modes: Babby mode, casual filth mode, hard AF I play competitively mode

Return of re-challenging leaders and E4.
>>
File: 1283674479385.jpg (553KB, 900x3162px) Image search: [Google]
1283674479385.jpg
553KB, 900x3162px
CHANGES THAT AREN'T ENTIRELY UNREASONABLE

>Egg Incubator / Streamline Breeding
A lot of people want to "fix" IVs, but IVs don't need fixing: they make (most) Pokemon unique and are cool, and mathematically, breeding a 5 or 6 IV Pokemon isn't all that arduous anymore. But cycling around in circles is a chore. I propose a system that automatically produces eggs and then hatches them. Because GameFreak would never just let us have the eggs, I propose it being based on a timer (1 egg every couple of hours or some shit), and you can increase the egg production and hatching rate by taking more steps or something like that.What I'm trying to do is push breeding to the background instead of letting it be the focal point its become, so people can actually play the game and also reap the rewards of breeding.

Hell, I'd even take this if it only worked off of paying BP.

>Online Battles Should Reward BP
I don't really have anything against the Battle Mansion but there is no reason to force people to do the Battle Mansion instead of using the online features

>Make Move Box the Default
Obvious

>If GameFreak is going to introduce stuff like Doubles / Triples / Rotation / Sky / Inverse Battles, Actually use them in the game
I think they add interesting variety and are fun but we never see them! Probably not to confuse kids but kids can figure this shit out if its more prevalent.

LESS LIKELY TO HAPPEN BUT I WOULD LOVE IT

>Make good HM puzzles
I understand that GameFreak isn't going to do away with HMs, but at least make them fun and interesting to use. Look at Zelda items for how they should be.

>Remove HMs, Replace with Type-oriented abilities
Water Types can swim across water. Fire Types can burn down bushes. Fighting Types can move boulders or break rocks. Grass Types can effectively use Sweet Scent. Not moves, but inherent field abilities. Still not perfect, but I am trying to retain the "using Pokemon as Partners" element.
>>
>>26478203
>I propose it being based on a timer (1 egg every couple of hours or some shit)
You can hatch more than three teams worth of Pokemon in that time what's the point?

>>Make Move Box the Default
>Obvious

>What is ORAS
>>
File: 1284012495280.jpg (139KB, 546x650px) Image search: [Google]
1284012495280.jpg
139KB, 546x650px
>>26478229
I mean move box, from the beginning, is the default. No having to get through half the game first for no good reason.

As I said, its not about total time taken, its about letting breeding actually function in the background and not being something you have to sit there and do. I just made up those numbers, but if you hatch like 10 Pokemon a day, you will probably be able to shift your breeding pair once a day or two, meaning you'd probably have a 5 IV Pokemon in a week. Without cycling around the damn island. And you could still cycle around the island if you really wanted to go faster.

I breed a lot, but let's not pretend it can't be improved.
>>
>>26478395
>but let's not pretend it can't be improved.
Sure it can but hatching isn't the area that needs it first and foremost seeing as there's a bunch of methods to cut down the time.
>>
>>26473785
You have a tablet/pc that allows you to switch Pokémon on your team on the go. Of course, this won't restore their health and shit so you still have to go to a Pokémon center
>>
>>26478151
>>26478161
My free time hurts just thinking about it.
>>
>>26473946
>Remove rotation battle
Stopreadingthere.jpg
>>
Guys what if

Stay with me on this one.

What if your rival, the gym leaders, elite four and the champion all had their pokemon nicknamed
>>
File: HGSS_National_Park-Night.png (12KB, 256x160px) Image search: [Google]
HGSS_National_Park-Night.png
12KB, 256x160px
>>26473785
>Remove the Withdraw/Deposit options for the Box.
Why do we even still have that?
>>26473811
OPTIONAL following Pokemon.

I want a radio again. Or something like ORAS's news feed. Also a cellphone, because dammit, I liked being pestered by trainers, Gym Leaders, and other NPCs.

I'd also like more time-based things, like when things happen only on certain times of day or days of the week.

In fact, I'd even like it if they close or open certain buildings depending on the day, or time of day (i.e. gyms closed at night, a sketchy underground battle facility is only open at night, the school is closed or nearly empty on the weekend).
>>
>>26473874
Smogon shill pls go
>>
>>26473993
>yet another moron who thinks a pokemon mmo is a good idea

When will you retarded faggots fuck off and die?
>>
>>26474622
>loses battle
>turns off DS
>>
>>26475906
>all of them were also playable online
I will never understand why they didn't AT LEAST bring back online play in the Battle Tower equivalent. So many good times playing with friends I don't see often.
>>
>>26478661
>OPTIONAL following Pokemon.
LOOOOOL not going to happen anon
>>
>>26478962
pfft I could make hundreds of believable movement cycles for an optional feature, I just don't want to.
>>
I hope they do more events based on day and night. Also there should be more pokemon variety based on day and night as well.
>>
>>26473785
>Ability to take photos with your party again.
Ability to take screenshots EVERYWHERE.
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1024x767px
>>26473785
You should be able to breed with other trainers
>>
>>26473785
Yo.

For real.

A difficulty setting.
>>
File: 400px-Soaring_artwork.png (194KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Soaring_artwork.png
194KB, 400x284px
Can we bring back soaring? I think it might've been my favorite new feature to ORAS. Maybe dynamic moving weather and seasons again? Maybe some dynamic trainer battles like an advanced version of the phone call system in GS?

I feel like perfect comfy would be soaring around at night, on the back of your pokemon, watching storm clouds roll in underneath you while you listen to the radio for any trouble a dynamic trainer (like "a team grunt spotted on X route") might've caused or might be broadcasting ("Lass X has put out a call for all trainers!"). Maybe stuff you could do if storms become too heavy in post game? I just want more post game stuff we can do that'll make the game seem more immersive.

Pokemon following you would be nice, I guess.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
An atb bar, or somethinget to change up the gameplay. Also, remove ivs all together.
>>
>>26478395
You can hatch 5 Pokemon in less than 10 minutes why would you want to slow that down?
>>
>>26479136
If they cut out the five hour start up animation sure.
>>
File: 1369398251271.jpg (165KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1369398251271.jpg
165KB, 1368x1026px
>>26473837
>The move option is still there and it's the default one

Then why keep the withdraw/deposit options at all? It's like having a seatbelt for your seatbelt. Redundant, retarded, and useless as fuck.
>>
>>26478618
That'd be cool
>>
>>26479293
I find deposit more useful for simply dumping 5 Pokemon from my party. Why would you take away something that doesn't hurt the gameplay at all?
>>
>>26479273
Please, explain to me what problem you all have with it. Don't want to be rude: I just can't understand how it can be a bother
>>
>>26479305
The soaring animation takes too long and it was cool the first 10 or so times but then it just became tedious and it was just quicker and easier to fly.
>>
>>26474226
>thinking a 12 year old can operate let alone breathe in scuba gear.

They give you scuba gear to use Dive in ORAS you retard. Probably because being able to breath underwater in RSE was silly.
>>
>>26479312
Isn't it, like, 7 seconds long? What could one be able to do with that time?
>>
>>26474318
>Deep lore with legendary mascots and proper locations to fight them at

Can we have small sidequests to battle them? I want to work for my legendaries. Not just find some faggot hiding in a cave, waiting for me to stuff it in a pokeball.
>>
>>26479246
>An atb bar, or somethinget to change up the gameplay.
>an atb bar

This might be the biggest change someone managed to think of on /vp/. It's sad when people's idea of a huge change in gameplay is something like having 2 item slots.

But yeah, I'm down for a change in gameplay.
>>
>>26479342
*cough cough* Emerald *cough cough*
>>
>>26479329
Not a lot, but 7 seconds adds up when you are moving around from location to location often.
>>
>>26478661
>I want a radio again.

Oh god yes. Loved the mysterious transmission in the Ruins of Alph.
>>
>>26479346
Apart from regis (which were also in RS) which legend has a sidequest?
>>
>>26473874
>-make hackmon detection 100x better

lol, keep dreaming
>>
>>26475180
That may work. You lose the ability to hold an item to have a 5th move, seems ok.

Anyone could think any broken combination that makes this stupid?
>>
I want the VS Seeker back.
>>
>>26473785
Furret learns Drain Punch
>>
>>26479370
If the point is the time wasted, why soaring at all? Even without the initial animation, it's just much more time consuming than flying directly
>>
>>26479421
The convenience of not needing to carry Fly on me. And Soaring is cool, I just don't need to watch the same start up animation over and over.
>>
>>26473785
Give customization back, jewtendo
>>
File: 1429402632029.jpg (37KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1429402632029.jpg
37KB, 500x427px
>>26479346
Yeah, the Regis. And who else? Everything else just sits there like an idiot, whether it's Zapdos in a power plant, or Zygarde in a mine. Mewtwo has sat there like a dickhead waiting for us to pelt it with ultra balls and dusk balls in not just one but TWO different caves.

Shit, you don't even get to hunt down event legendaries anymore. There's nothing like Birth Island, Flower Paradise, Faraway Island, or anywhere else where you get to go and get your legend like you're hunting a treasure at the ass end of the edge of the world. You just get it handed to you like a chump.

It's boring, and for things considered legendary, finding them should be harder than finding a zubat. There should be more to it than Go To Cave.
>>
>>26478661
>Events based on hour and day of the week
GF tried to do this in Gen 2 and Gen 4 and all they got was whiny kids.

I'd love it, it would make the world more alive
>>
>>26473785
Sorry OP but your pedo waifu shit distracts me from anything worthwhile you just said.
>>
>>26475051
>There's no real way to do this without having something that breaks up the gameplay a lot.

If you had some sort of poketch/smart watch or mobile phone as you have had in previous games it could just send you a message saying something like "Hi Champ, there's a challenger waiting for you at the league HQ." and that challenger could wait there for a set period of time after you answer the message.

Or you could just rematch the e4 and each time you do there is a different challenger to your crown at the end instead of the former champion.
>>
>>26479532

>not liking lolis

>>>/out/
>>
Amiibos could be used to unlock Mega evolutions on pokemon from older gens.

Pokemon-amie, pokem-ohana or whatever they call it this gen when it returns could be improved to be used as a training system for your show pokemon for contests.
>>
>>26479455
>There's nothing like Birth Island, Flower Paradise, Faraway Island
One of these things is not like the other.
Also Birth Island and Faraway island were gen 3 so you answered your own question.
>>
Remove HMs
>>
>>26473785
Of all the complains about Pokemon games I can summarize it with one simple solution.

Add difficulty settings.

Seriously, most of the problems you guys posted stemmed from the fact that Pokemon are fucking meant for children. Of course it will be all "power of friendship" and easy as fuck gameplay with shitty ass story. With difficulty settings this will all go away. Children can still enjoy them and adults as well.
>>
>>26476343
>Level scalling
Fuck off, bethesda.
>>
>>26479906
All three are the locations of event exclusive pokemon, all three are inaccessible without event items. And my question was directed to in game, non event exclusives. Which is why I made a point to bring up event exclusives as separate entities.

And if you want to strut around like you won by proving that there were more than just the regis with a quasi-quest in capturing them, just remember that that was Gen III, we're in Gen VI going on Gen VII. And we went backwards. We went from events being fun little adventures to events being delivered practically to our PC boxes.

All I'm saying is that they need to put some more fun in hunting legendaries. They need to make it feel like a real adventure.
>>
>>26479532
>vaginabones.jpg

I don't think they were serioous
>>
>>26473785
Alright.
>Seasons
>Taking photos with you pokemon like HGSS or without them like X/Y
>Expansive world building and MUH LORE
>For the islands to feel populated and not just some NPCs scattered around for the sake of filling spaces
>Optional following pokemon, doubt it highly due to the new 3D style
>Weather that changes without needing to go to a new area
>Specific weather happens more/less in different seasons and areas
>Soaring returns but isn't limited to a single pokemon to ride
>Optional hard-mode with a challenge mode after beating the game or atleast the E4 on hardmode
>>
>>26474166
>-online mode which employs the same rules as battle facilities (fuck Mega Ray and Primals)
>what is literally every single rated ladder except for special
>>
>>26473820
Yeah, we don't get enough EXP, I don't want to grind another Blissey farm
>>
File: kermit.png (94KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.png
94KB, 500x392px
>>26479640
>actually wanting amiibos
>actually wanting physical DLC
>>
>>26481449
They're literally cheap but decent figurines. I wish my waifu figma were 10-20 dollars rather than 90-200
>>
File: 1457636198098.png (216KB, 392x531px) Image search: [Google]
1457636198098.png
216KB, 392x531px
Every pokemon has Protect as an actual battle option rather than in a moveslot.

Now every pokemon can be viable for singles an doubles at the same time
>>
>A traditional Safari Zone
>A huge dex like XY
>IVs gone or controlable without breeding.
>Rivals that aren't bland pieces of shit.
>Starter pokemon that remain cool and interesting after evolving.
>A team that does something. Team Flare was completely fucking pointless
>Interesting lore. Pokedex entries, items with a backstory, zones like the Abyssal ruins.
>More optional / Secret Routes. I think an Archipelago of tropical isles lends to this pretty well.
>Story that's either good written or minimal.
>Being able to create custom ruleset for Online Battles
>PWT and Battle Frontier back.
>A Grass/Fire Pokemon.
>>
>>26474968
>I'm so sick of becoming "Champion" and then nothing comes of it, and the guy you beat stays in the E4 as the Champion despite you beating them. ORAS was a step in the right direction by many people, including Steven, acknowledging you as the Champion but he still was the one sitting at the E4.

I think the in universe explanation for all the games is that the player is Champ but the old one acts as Champion for Pokemon league challenges since the protag wants to do other shit.
>>
>>26475538
If you want to just remove a pokemon from your party and not bring one in to replace it, its quicker to deposit than to move.
>>
File: tusk_act_3.jpg (20KB, 169x297px) Image search: [Google]
tusk_act_3.jpg
20KB, 169x297px
>>26474494
>meaning they may be smart enough to not punch themselves in the face as hard

pic rel, low-tier humor but I still like it
>>
>>26479546
E4 could fight challenge you for title too. Why would you have to beat the again otherwise?
>>
>>26478618
Anime_girl_vomit.png
>>
File: smug.jpg (18KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
18KB, 300x314px
>>26473785
I have nothing to do so:
-sinister but not retarded crime team
-let other trainers have shinies (no preset, just randomly generated)
-randomly generated pokemon for trainers (from a strict set, not some Swimmer Anne with Charizadr bullshit)
-you may choose what type of battle do you want with normal trainers
-Champion's duties
-make Surf move faster
-give us a hard mode

Also, removing HMs is heresy
>>
>Pokemon idle animation changing dpenending on how much HP left they have

Like, when the HP bar is green they are all active and happy, and when it turns yellow/red they look sad or tired. I'd say hurt but that might be too violent for the kids
>>
>>26482657
>Also, removing HMs is heresy
Personally, I'd prefer if HMs were split up into a TM and an HM, which then would occupy a new, separate slot from moves that is only available in the overworld.

A lot of HMs historically make no sense with how supposedly the same move lets a Pokémon swim, but also summon a giant tsumani, or how the same abillity that lets them shine a bright light during a voyage through a dark cavern, lets them briefly produce light 20 times before running out of juice.

They should stay in, but they are way over due for some rework.

Seriously, just let overworld surf, light producing usage of flash, overworld waterfall overworld dive, overworld strength and flying be a non-combat HM you can teach, and create a TM for their in-battle version, or allow for the HM to teach the two things separately.
Cut and Rock Smash however could all together be just made TMs, on condition of simply implementing an extra flag for various moves that lets them stand-in in the overworld.
Seriously, why is it that Cut (power 50) can cut down a small tree but Fury Cutter (power 40+) or other moves that are about cutting the enemy and are equally or more powerful can't cut a tree down?
You need to get a gym badge to use the move in the overworld regardless, even if you have more alternatives. Just make some moves that are similar to Cut have a flag that allows pokémon with those moves to "cut" in the overworld.
>>
I want another region where I can realistically do the gyms out of order.
>>
File: YOU OWE ME.png (300KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
YOU OWE ME.png
300KB, 500x500px
>>26482657
>randomly generated pokemon for trainers (from a strict set, not some Swimmer Anne with Charizadr bullshit)
>randomly generated
>from a strict set
>>
>>26483018
>swimmers all have fish pokemon
>hikers have fighting, rock, and ground types
>>
I want an additional multiplier for when Pokemon use a non-STAB move. For example, water types do *1.2 damage when using ice type moves, but only *0.8 times when using fire type moves.
>>
>>26483018
I don't see any contardictions. Coin toss results are random (if you are not some kind of magician) even if you may only end up with heads or tails.
>>
>>26483052
That's actually a pretty good idea. Ground takes gain a boost in Rock type moves, Bug types gain a boost when using Poison moves etc.
>>
Remove 3D
>>
Cool Pokeballs like Apricorn shit
>>
>>26476009
>beat champion
>professor comes in and takes you into the Hall of Fame room
>has a long talk
>before your pokemon get registered in the Hall of Fame your rival runs in
>says he just beat the elite 4 and champion
>sudden 6th battle right at the end
>>
>>26484223
except that wouldn't work because you're the champion now
>>
>>26484307
whoops

>"I beat the elite 4, but where's the champion? That last room was empty"
>figures out you're the champion now and fights you
>>
Batch trading. I fucking hate having to sit around for half an hour trading pokemon one by one
>>
Keep the story to minimum. RBY levels, maybe even less. Focus on lore and worldbuilding instead.

Slash the number of polygons on Pokemon models by half. Don't add unnecessary background effects like falling leaves or trainers standing in the background if it makes the game tank to unplayable framerates.

Get rid of the deposit/withdraw option.

More pockets in Bag and bring back the Item PC.

Allow gym leaders to have more than 3 Pokemon, and elite 4 more than 4.

Make Exp Share a postgame item.
>>
>>26473866
TOLD
>>
>>26473854
We already got one, the conception / birth of Mr. Bonding.
>>
Anyone kinda hate OPs pic?

It's underraged clickbait as fuck.
>>
>>26485931
It's from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4DdRnFHYSM
>>
>>26485958
>Now I know you guys are wondering why there's two under aged girls in bikinis on the thumbnail
>It's because I could not find a single good quality beach picture other than this
This man has a future in politics.
>>
File: 60523072.jpg (109KB, 389x387px) Image search: [Google]
60523072.jpg
109KB, 389x387px
>>26485958
>>26486005
Oh wow, and then literally a minute in, it's shown that the beach picture is actually separate from the bikini version he posted, and it's just something else he overlayed on it.
Man this is great.

This is putting effort in your blatant fan service.
>>
File: 1379276868184.jpg (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1379276868184.jpg
18KB, 200x200px
Either remove HMs completely and replace them with key items or give every pokemon an optional moveslot for an HM that they cant use in combat. (If you want to use it in combat then you are allowed to just put it in one of your normal 4 slots)
>>
No more HM slaves.
>>
>>26486024
This pic is also like the 4th one to come up searching "Pokemon Sun Moon" in google images
>>
>>26486240
Well yeah.
That result is google giving you the video's thumbnail, since this is a popular video on to topic.
>>
Why not just make it so there are only four HMs? Cut, Strength, Surf, Fly. Increase the damage they do, give Cut a chance to make opponents flinch, etc, so that they're not completely worthless aside from Surf.

Dive? You get scuba gear so that when you're surfing your pokemon can dive underwater. Hell, you get Scuba Gear in ORAS so they've basically done this. Am I supposed to believe that a fucking shark doesn't know how to dive underwater without me teaching it? Just imagine it, that fucker's swimming around on the surface of the water and sees some fish swimming underneath it. I'm expected to believe that the shark would be thinking, if sufficiently sapient enough, "Boy, those fish look tasty and I am hungry. But sadly I don't know how to swim down!"

Rock Smash? Fuck you. Seriously Fuck Rock smash. What the hell were they thinking making it such a weak move? Sure, it's not an HM, but you still need to use it. Teaching Rock Smash to a pokemon is like force feeding them laxatives because you need some fertilizer for a berry tree. Sure, you need to do it, but it's an unpleasant experience for the both of you. But still not as unpleasant as teaching them fucking Rock Smash.

Waterfall? I don't know, I'm sure Gamefreak could asspull something. If they can make a move that shatters boulders weak as shit they can make anything.
>>
Pokemon followers again
>>
>Cut trees stay gone forever once cut
>rock smash rocks, if any, are gone forever if they block a path and are smashed
>>
>>26473874
Butthurt faggot.

If any battle style shkuld be removed it should be singles or rotation
>>
Inverse Battles freely playable online
>>
>>26474375
Because he is autistic and thinks if he doesnt like something then it shouldn't exist
>>
>>26473946
go fuck yourself
>>
>Voiced cutscenes.
>Boss fights with Pokemon.
>Break the 4-move limit.
>Allow companions to join you with their own pokemon.
>If Pikachu can talk, at the very least let Pichu and Raichu follow suit.
>Trainers in double battles should carry a max of 6 pokemon each. In other words, 12 pokemon total. Same with Triple/Rotation battles (18 pokemon).
>Make some more double and triple battles.
>Allow trainers to fight dirty. (in other words use items or something to trip up the trainer)
>Allow uneven pokemon fights. 3 pokemon against 1.
>Special events should happen with your starter. It is your first pokemon ever right?
>Travelling to other regions would be nice too.
>Explain the deal with champions and such. You beating the champion is such a big fucking deal...but afterwords they can beat you with zero results.
>Make the gym a trainable place. in other words, like an actual gym!
>>
>>26476615
Agree. The other guy is an idiot just ignore him
>>
inverse mode as a difficulty option.
>>
>>26477320
Hes a faggot just like you
>>
>>26474037
Or you keep the HMs but now every single Pokemon has a specific slot just for an HM so it doesn't have to waste a move slot. Then when booting up the HM you get the choice of the HM slot or an actual attack slot.
>>
>>26486986
just let pokemon learn infinite hm's outside of movesets and bar those from being used in battle unless you designate it to the moveset
>>
>>26476878
>DLC outfits. Purely aesthetic paid content would be a good way for GF and Nintendo to pocket some cash
once that door gets opened it is just a matter of time till we are paying for using the pokemon center more than once a day
>>
>>26475311
3vs3 singles is an official format now. Get with the system.

Too many people are used to playing bullshit simulations these days.
>>
- Nightmare difficulty option

- Post-game is the most-game

- Clothing customization option that removes clothes
>>
>>26477264
>sprites cannot ever be well done
>traditional animation cannot ever be well done
>it's better because it's new, not because we're cheap
>kids these days don't like 2d, they haven't grown up with it, they will want cool 3d stuff!

It's not nostalgia when it looks like asshole compared to Gamecube graphix.
>>
>>26487723
>implying they'd ever let you run around in your underwear
>>
>>26473837
because its wasted space. it serves no purpose and take space to program in
>>
>>26478143
Not in the party,though. Only in the box, which defeats the purpose I was getting at.
>>
>>26481509
>protect
>not "dodge it"
>>
>>26484946
Adding to this, mass releasing, I'm sick of releasing all my breeding rejects one at a time.
>>
>>26488022
maybe have a confirmation where you have to draw something on the screen to do it? Something quick like a circle, obviously. This way you can't accidentally do it.
>>
>>26488041
Make a new tab under Move Pokemon for Release Pokemon, go through box and whoever you tag any Pokemon you want, go to bottom of the screen with a new Release button, select it, "Are you sure you want to release these Pokemon?"

Should be more than enough.
>>
>>26488056
As long as there's something to minimize the chance of releasing something you don't want to it'd be fine. The problem here is GF, since they think "oh that's not playing the game right" despite encouraging it.
>>
>>26474226
I did my first scuba dive at age 13 with full equipment. It's not far off.

Machete, I'll agree with you. Though a pair of hedge trimmers would be more acceptable I feel.
>>
>>26481509
I'd be okay with this.
>>
>>26474072
Dungeons with actual puzzles are a nice idea until you have the 500th random cave encounter or use the 100th repel.
>>
>>26475854
>Story with substance
>Pokemon
>>
>>26476878
>DLC outfits
I want something to use the loads of the ingame cash we get on, not real.
>>
Anyone else what visible encounters?
>>
>>26486787
Gamefreak dont like raichu and they wish they never made him.

Feels bad my bro is so hated. He recks so many vgc16 teams in ranked battlespot
>>
>>26488199
I did it when i was 9 (im from okinawa)
>>
Composed a list of a bunch of changes ripped from this thread, modified some of them, and made what I think would be the perfect Gen 7 tweaks:
>"Move" at the top of the selections in the Box
Pokemon animations in the Pokedex
~EXP scaling
>Party photos
~A plot that motivates the player to engage in it, instead of a plot that is more of an annoyance
>Make handholding optional ("Have you played a Pokemon game before?" If no, then coddle them, but if yes, don't give them a Mega Lucario)
~No buddy buddy rival. One jackass rival you are really incentivized to beat and a bro rival that is friendly, but still wants to win (Barry-esque). Both tough teams.
>HMs can be taught to a pokemon without losing a move slot, but if the player wants to use it in battle, it will
~HMs are erasable (they're untossable anyway)
>HM puzzles return with an incentive (first floor puzzle is relatively easy and you can move on through the route after clearing it, but if you decide to tackle the harder puzzles of the lower floors, you'll get a reward for your trouble)
~Keep Morning/Day/Night (and different encounters)
>All regional Pokemon available before 7th or 8th gym
~Return of the VS Seeker (also affects gym leaders, allowing them to TRAIN with you using a scaled team, different from postgame rebattles)
>Gyms are actually places you can train
~Gyms spread out by more routes and (optional, but highly beneficial) sidequests
>Emerald-tier post-game battle system (an Improved PWT would also be fitting for 20th anniversary)
~More pokemon used by Gym Leaders
>>
Tweaks continued:
>Make region seem more vast and more like an adventure: unique, but huge designs for every land route, sea route, cave, and forest. Bigger towns filled with people.
~Weather forecasts and weather causing a lot of effects on routes (pokemon appearances, trainer appearances, weather effects in battle, etc.)
>Seasons that open up neat little optional areas (snow blocking previous path to area, etc.) and change the environment and pokemon drastically
~Less linearity in exploration of the region and more optional sidequests
>More bag divisions (as well as a free space and search option)
~Interesting lore for new pokemon and region that ties into the game
>Previous Lore Cleanup (Idk how they'd go about this, but maybe there's a guy who fixes the Pokedex and tells the player that "Indian Elephant" was a mistranslation from another region or something)
~Make sure that all Pokemon introduced in this game can be caught organically (I'm looking at you gen 4)
>Continue customization (I personally don't use it, but people should at least have the option)
~Baby pokemon have more of a purpose. Egg moves, tutor moves, etc. are learned in baby stage much quicker than other stages. It gives an incentive to breeding.
>When you acquire a Pokémon with an Event Move, a Move Tutor unlocks the ability to teach any Pokémon of that species or its evolved forms that move.
~Give certain pokemon more suitable movesets that fit their stats, typing, and lore
>Add more "unconventional" moves for certain types (more special rock moves for example)
>>
Tweaks even more continued:
~Finding legendaries post game should be a task; actually go on a challenging search adventure (Maybe with new trainers to fight) instead of finding them smack dab in the middle of a cave
>Safari Zone (where most previous pokemon reside, so people can still use their favorites in a new region)
~More than 100 new pokemon
>Secret areas galore

More time-consuming changes, but would be much appreciated:
>Entrance, idle, fainting, and (more) attacking animations
~Dynamic NPCs with routines and lives (rather farfetched)
>Following Pokemon
~Both land and sky poses for flying pokemon (would switch depending on move or field effect)
>VS Seeker battles scale the opponent trainer to you, allowing you to watch them grow after multiple fights with you
~More special pokemon HM interactions
>Victory poses after battle
~Champion Mode from >>26474797
>Event Pokemon like Mew and Celebi are released in events, but can also be obtained from a postgame system where you take on challenges and eventually find one of them

Thanks for indulging in my autism.
What do you think should be added or removed?
>>
>>26479515
>Only gens 2 and 4
>suddenly forgot gen 6's ORAS

Maybe not events, but you can obtain every legend on certain days, hours and requirements.

Perhaps it was too easy, or rather annoying, but the formula was there.
>>
File: LKBCs.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LKBCs.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>26489069
>>26489089
>>26489096
I-it's beautiful.

Only thing I would remove IVs.
>>
>>26489620
Also I'd change EVs into a skill point system where you apply them manually.
>>
>>26489620
If I had a response image on par with yours, I would post it. As it stands, I am simply cowed by the glorious creation I see before me.

Someone, mail this list to Gamefreak. Maybe they will see reason.
>>
Ability to turn off music, if only in Battle Spot. After a couple of hundred battles, I'm pretty sick of the music but I still want battle sounds.
>>
>>26489069
>>26489089
>>26489096

This is pretty much perfect.
I'd only add:

>Bring back seasons
~Make Contests as much of a quest as the Gym/Elite 4 challenge. You can choose either or both and "beat" the game in any of those "modes".
>BRING BACK POKÉBALL SEALS REEEEE
>>
Choosing the difficult before starting the game!!!!!! XY and ORAS are too easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>26475311
Try to organize a live tournament that only runs one or two days with a turnout of hundreds of people per venue with a 6v6 format. That's going to take forever. VGC's format, at least in the battle style, is okay as it is.

A 6v6 online ladder on the main game would be cool, though.
>>
>>26489630
No, EVs are meant to be a way for a Pokemon to naturally grow stronger over time, manually applying them would remove the whole point of it.
>>
Remove all 3d modeling
>>
>>26490163
True. Fuck IVs though, they can go die (except for Hidden Power?).
>>
>>26490221
You wanna go back to RSE looks? That was the last time there was no 3D modelling at all, afaik
>>
>>26475538
>>26479293
>>26487811
>I don't use something, so no one must use it!
You guys suck and are the reason why GF is fine with just removing shit.
I use deposit to get rid of breedjects from my party and to the box quickly. I use withdraw to get unhatched eggs from my box to the party.
People have uses for that shit guys. Just because you don't doesn't mean nobody else does. And I can guarantee you it doesn't take an exceptional amount of manpower to make a fucking withdraw and deposit button on the PC.
>>
>>26491234
>I use withdraw to get unhatched eggs from my box to the party
>being that inefficient with your breeding.
You're still right though. There's no reason to remove withdraw and deposit, as they still have their purposes.
>>
>>26488709
Straya, m8. Come do the Great Barrier Reef before it's all gone, when I saw it it really was one of the greatest wonders on this celestial body
>>
>>26474166
GF hire this man.

The only bad idea on here is six moveslots, which would completely break any semblance of metagame.
>>
>>26475753
Have my kids. This is the single biggest problem with BW and XY.

>>26475882
The Pokemon games are best when they're just about you having your own adventure and trying to BE THE VERY BEST, etc. A bunch of assholes telling me how much I love my Pokemon and what a great trainer I am and that I'm the only one who can save the world from Team Dipshit just gets the way of that.

Your rivals should compel you to be better, not suck you off about how great you already are.

You should stop the evil team because they're impeding your adventure, not because someone told you to or because you're the ONLY ONE who can SAVE THE WORLD. (GSC is the best implementation of the evil team format for this reason).
>>
>>26473874
>without friend codes (still use friend codes to easily find people)
u wot m8?
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.