[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best game Pokémon has ever made and why is it PMD2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

What's the best game Pokémon has ever made and why is it PMD2?
>>
Are these Games really good as people said? Some guys told me that the lore is more edgy and tends to be grimdark and sad.
>>
>>26318574
Not even a little bit. It's "darker" in the sense that bad things happen, but I guess anything that isn't upbeat and cheery falls into the edgy category for some fuckwits.
>>
>>26318574
They've got a lot better story, by a landslide. The ending is "dark" only because it's very sad. The music in this game is literally the best music you can get out of any ds game, and the dialogue really makes you connect with the characters. When I played it, I felt like my partner was my friend even though I was fully aware of it just being a bunch of pixels. Dungeons may get monotonous but this game isn't easy as the others. Overall the game is extremely well done though, especially the plot and characters. Would definitely recommend buying it cuz it doesn't feel comfortable on emus. But it's like 10$ so if you've got the money go for it
>>
>>26318427
I prefer Red Rescue Team.
>>
>>26318900
Funny enough Red Rescue Team was the first ever pokemon game I've played

Fuck, it might have been the first ever video game I played
>>
This game should be required playing for every browser of /vp/
>>
File: 1368065564326.gif (109KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
1368065564326.gif
109KB, 209x193px
>>26318938
I knew someone who's first game was Red Rescue Team too.
she didn't know games could be sad so when she found out the ending she was crying too much so her mom had to take away the game for a week.
>>
I love this game, OP

>>26318574
Yes
>>
>>26318994
Has she played PMD2 yet? The ending is much more sad
>>
>>26318427

I wish the writers for this game would write a main series game. Can you imagine what a competent plot would look like in Pokemon? Can you imagine MEMORABLE HUMAN CHARACTERS?
>>
OP here, while we're on the topic of PMD, what did you guys think of super mystery dungeon and do you think that PMD5 will be any good?
>>
I think PSMD is the saddest one by far. Not because of the ending, but because despite getting your partner back, they're a lifeless emotionless lump, stuck saying the same things, stuck as a hollow shell of what was once your best partner.
>>
>>26318574
I prefer the original Mystery Dungeon Red Team and Blue Team. Explorers series felt like they tried so hard to be "dark" and "sad", thing that actually the originals did better.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>26318427
But it's not.
>>
>>26319056
I can't remember. But I have a good feeling she has.
>>
>>26319091
All partners are like that in the post-game, brah.
>>
File: Bwahahaha!.gif (382KB, 488x275px) Image search: [Google]
Bwahahaha!.gif
382KB, 488x275px
>>26319094
>>
File: pkmmdsky.jpg (30KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
pkmmdsky.jpg
30KB, 250x224px
Literally the best

Not like new ones are bad, you just can't top this
>>
>>26319094
Hilarious
>>
>>26319121
I can top ants.
>>
>>26318574
>edgy
Kinda but only a bit here and there
>grimdark
In a "you can prevent this" way
>sad
Quite
>>
>>26319121
gates to infinity was an embarrassment
>>
>>26319083
I think it's better than Explorers, but that's not a popular opinion.

It better be good. These games are my only remaining ties to Pokémon.
>>
File: 100%.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
100%.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>tfw autistic enough to 100% Blue
>did like 20 Wish Cave runs

i've put so much time in these games
>>
File: groceldus.png (180KB, 393x384px) Image search: [Google]
groceldus.png
180KB, 393x384px
>>26318427
Explorers of Sky is a *must* for the Special Episodes. Into the Dark Future was the hardest I've ever felt for a bunch of pixels on a screen.
>>
>>26318427
After playing Gates, I found Explorers disappointing.

Hunger mechanic is braindead, IQ is stupidly grindy, and when combined with no afk levelling, I just tunnelled on 'me' and the partner, which made the already monotonous gameplay even more repetitive. Dungeons look really drab, and the story was a pretty big step down compared to Gates due to the dull characters. It wasn't any harder than Gates either.

Sure, there's a lot more content in the post-game, but I already got bored shortly after I finished the Darkrai event. Special episodes were excellent though.

I'm still interested in the series, would you recommend Super or Rescue Team based on what I said?
>>
>>26322776
>this unpopular opinion

I disagree with it, but some people prefer the things later games added, that's just how it is.

Rescue team is a bit less polished than Explorers, but if you like the series, give it a shot. Super sounds more your speed.
>>
>>26319121
This remains my favorite.
>>
>>26322829
Probably didn't help that my expectations were bumped up heavily with people talking Sky up like it was the second coming of Christ, but I digress.

I'll go give Super a look. Looks like it got rid of that terrible random recruitment, so that's a start at least, and people seem to think it's harder.
>>
>>26322904
I like Sky more, and super's not without its faults, but it's still very much worth a playthrough
>>
>>26318994
that's even more retarded than taking the game away because they got mad at it
>>
>>26319107
>>26319091
I keep shouting this into the void, but put me on the dialogue team of the next pmd and i will fix this

ill sit there for hours and hours and ill make flavor texts for every room in the goddamn game, some that you will only get if you do certain things so you can't see all of them in just one playthrough

just make the partner as alive as possible
>>
>>26320863
I got the highest rank on explorers
>>
>>26322776
>PMD2 had bland characters

I guess that's your opinion, but atleast our final boss wasn't a giant snowflake
>>
File: It's finally over.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
It's finally over.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>26323672
>he didn't recruit everything again and beat every dungeon

Step it up. Protip, Drifblim is the king of Explorers
>>
>>26323701
it was just a recolor
>>
>>26323737
why?
>>
>>26323741
inb4 the copypasta
>>
>>26318427
lol
>>
>>26323741
>quadruple hitting default attack at max IQ
>every move attacks twice with 1pp used, like Parental Bond at full power each time
>good typing
>minimize is autoused twice every time so you can go through later ZIS floors without taking a hit

Palkia? Dialga? Mewtwo? None of them can match the sheer damage output Drifblim can pull off.
>>
>>26323701
It was a recolour of a pokemon that had almost no build up. Primal Dialga wasn't mentioned once once you left the future, so it was more 'oh, it's that guy' than a big climactic battle, not to mention you can just stun him with items so he can't do a thing.
>>
File: Drifblim used Ominous Wind!.png (2MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Drifblim used Ominous Wind!.png
2MB, 1920x1280px
>>26323750
Is there a pokémon that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Drifblim? Let alone defeat him? And I’m not talking about Aftermath Drifblim. I’m not talking item holding Drifblim either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Ominous Wind Drifblim. I'm not even talking about Drifblim at max stats. I'm talking about Drifblim with the Minimize buffs and Unburden (with no held item and being capable of both Gust and Shadow Ball), at quadruple speed from Unburden Ominous Wind, equipped with his Breeze Scarf, a Draft Ring, control of the IQ Skills and Quick Striker for a quad hitting normal attack, with stat drinks and Life Seeds implanted in him so he has 999 HP and 255 in all stats and can perform Ominous Wind spam while being an expert in shrinking and evading attacks, while also having an immunity to Electric and Ghost attacks from the Sky and Nether Globes, and also being permanently at double speed due to the Sky Gem, and having every beneficial swap item in the Treasure Bag for a grand stat total of 275 Attack, 269 Defense, 295 Special Attack, and 281 Special Defense, after using Ominous Wind enough to hit +10 to Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense.
>>
>>26323741
Ominous Wind with the Unburden ability is broken. Allows it to attack twice without a held item, then has the chance to receive stat boosts.
>>
>>26323792
Lol until he one shots you with Roar of Time
>>
>>26318994
I cried too back when I was still a teen.
>>
>>26323798
Keep in mind, the boost doesn't have a chance to come per move use, it has a chance per target hit. You won't be getting it in a level 1 dungeon, but outside that, you fuck literally everything in the game up. And without an item, you automatically use it twice. Imagine Megamom, only deadlier.
>>
>>26323807
Hence why you just stunlock him.

The legendary pokemon boss fights were so much better in Super.
>>
>>26323807
>Lol
>>>/b/
>>
File: 200w (3).gif (646KB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
200w (3).gif
646KB, 200x112px
>>26320863
>tfw did wish cave for a wish
>floor 70s
>accidently press use on Wish Stone and it disapears
>beat jirachi and get it over with
>try again
>make it to the end this time
>jirachi asks to join instead of granting my wish
>just let it on because i thought i had wasted my one chance last time or something
Still mad and still don't get it
>>
File: 1456320579232.jpg (5KB, 196x244px) Image search: [Google]
1456320579232.jpg
5KB, 196x244px
>>26322776
>mfw

Well, pmd3 does indeed have some great features that should have been standard long before, but saying Sky is bad...
>>
>>26320863
I'd love to know just how pitifully low the number of people who've recruited them all in RT is. I think /pmdg/ has like 2 people.
>>
>>26323910
>implying i'm not one of them

i wrote the guide on wish cave there. Recruiting them all in RT is an ordeal, and one of the hardest things to do

>Exeggcute has a .6% spawn rate on 1 floor in the game
>Chansey has a .8% spawn rate on 3 floors in the game, in a level 1 dungeon
>ponyta is 57 floors deep in a level 1 dungeon
>some pokemon need absurd exp gain for a levelup, i'm talking 30-40k+ for one level past 30
>you can only recruit 3 pokemon per trip

I'd rather get Kecleon again than either of those
>>
>>26323910
I can't do it with all these games to play. I couldn't even get to Super since I bought EOMD and was still playing through Sky.
I'm fine with having my living dex in the main games, I hope Super is fun enough.

I hate to say it, but having played Explorers of Darkness a shitton of times has me a bit too burnt out for Sky. Should I just move on for now?
>>
File: Explorers of Woops__5541.png (20KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Explorers of Woops__5541.png
20KB, 256x384px
>>26323943
come back to sky after awhile. the pmd general has a .zip that has a save editor in it, you can even change your starters with it and it works
>>
>>26318427
Blue Rescue Team is better.
>>
>>26318900
>>26318994
>that moment when red rescue team is over and you partner out of nowhere decides to leave your side and never says anything worthwhile to you anymore.
left me in tears too
>>
The spinoffs in general are the only ones where you actually use pokemon for a cause. MD just happens to have the best plot of them. MD also holds the most resemblance to the main series, at least mechanics-wise. It's like if pokemon was a GOOD RPG. Unfortunately, the only thing that ruins that is that it's a dungeon crawler and is less interesting because of it. If we could have MD AND well designed environments, it would surpass the main series.
>>
>>26319061
No. Pokemon have always been the focus.
>>
>>26324877
Chunsoft should add the pre-made puzzles from Shiren to PMD. Well, not really in the mechanic learning form at least, if you get what I mean. More like a challenge.
>>
>>26324877
Agreed. While I think the gameplay is somewhat unique, it would be fucking incredible to get a free roam rpg
>>
>>26322776
Looking at it the other way, Gates is much shallower mechanically than Explorers
>>
>>26325530
Kind of boils down to how much you like the core gameplay. Since I thought it was just ok, I never really got into the real meat of the gameplay in Sky, hence why I preferred the more cut-to-the-chase stuff of Gates
>>
>>26324579
fucking same
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.