[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I played another monster game and I saw an interesting mechanic:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IL012_13.jpg (6KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
IL012_13.jpg
6KB, 180x135px
I played another monster game and I saw an interesting mechanic: what if Pokémon could get seriously hurt during battles?
>>
>>25074561
In the anime series.
Pokémon can.

In the Game Universe.
Pokémon can't.
>>
>>25074569

> In the Game Universe.
> Pokémon can't.

That could be just gameplay to make the game easier through.
>>
I think for them to do that they'd need to differentiate a black out and the trainer getting a game over (dying) by losing to a wild Pokemon in some areas or to team villain members. In these higher stake battles a KO'd Pokemon might need a day or more to fully recover depending on how much extra damage they took from the last attack.
>>
>>25074573
Possibly but there is no evidence of that.
>>
>>25074586
Lore-wise, there are various graveyard-type places throughout various type regions, one of which is specifically for deceased Pokémon.
>>
>>25074622
I need undeniable Evidence please.
These are Pokémon who were likely too old. Pokémon can die from old age too.
>>
>>25074636

Marowak ghost in Red/Blue
>>
>>25074636

Well, humans managed to cut Slowpoke tails. If they had inhuman resistance that wouldn't be possible.
>>
>>25074651
It's currently unknown. How Slowpoke was actually kill by Human.

They cut off It's tail, after they successful kill it.
Somehow.
>>
>>25074643
Fainting (FNT) (Japanese: ひんし near death) is a status condition featured in which a Pokémon is no longer able to battle.

once the Pokémon faint. the Pokémon match is over.

If Pokémon continue to attack the Pokémon who has fainted.
It is going to kill that Pokémon.
>>
>>25074636
What about that huge war mentioned in X/Y? Or the pokedex entries talking about certain predatory pokemon's method of hunting and killing? It seems the best method for killing Pokemon is using other Pokemon. So it's not impossible for a Pokemon to accidentally get maimed in a trainer battle.
>>
>>25074661
>>25074674
I'd tell you to go back to your threads about the metagame since you can't understand lore evidence, but your English is broken enough for me to instead tell you to go back to >>>/int/
>>
>>25074679
Once the Pokémon faint.
The Pokémon match is over.
>>
File: 375px-620Mienshao.png (77KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
375px-620Mienshao.png
77KB, 375x375px
>>25074683
Mienshao kill Pokémon.
Using the long fur on its arms like whips, it launches into combo attacks that, once started, no one can stop.
>>
>>25074687
Through gameplay and story segregation, but attacks can be fatal or have lasting damage. Like all combat sports there is always this risk. As pointed out we know they have the strength to kill one another. So if the final blow was too hard it's possible it could kill them.
>>
>>25074700
Nope. If the Pokémon faint and the other Pokémon keep attacking it, then it will die.

Pokémon can't be kill so easily or at least, there is no evidence of a Pokémon die during a Pokémon battle.
>>
>>25074687
So? The same rules apply in rl boxing but that doesnt mean nobody's died from it
>>
>>25074561
how does this function in the other game you played?
>>
I doubt GF will ever play the "serious card" again. They must have had pretty bad feedback from the Lavender Town back in the days. Shit made me depressed and cry as a kid.
As a matter of fact, Gen 1 is the only generation in which Channelers appeared. Cases of "possessions" by ghosts have probably been as many through the next 5 generations than in the Pokemon Tower itself. Generation 2 literally got rid of the Pokemon Tower to put a Radio Tower in its place. Even the following places with similarities (Mt. Pyre, the other Pokemon Towers in the following generations) never displayed a disturbing aspect like Lavender Town, and the few cases that choose to tackle the horror theme are riddled with the clichés of modern media (Old Chateau, Haunted House) that do not make a real impact (okay, there are human ghosts, but it's more played for the mystery/spooky aspect than anything else).
GF does not want to put their main target (children) through serious themes like risk of death or coping with loss because it would backfire heavily, as it is not within the PEGI limitations and they shouldn't play the parents role. Also, a "Grave wound" would probably be accompanied by a "bleeding" effect, which is definitely what the game devs want to avoid.
>>
>>25074839

Monster Rancher Advance

If you took a critical hit which damage managed to knock it out, depending on how much damage there is a chance your monster would get gravely injured, staying locked in a hospital for weeks/months before returning.

Like when a golem did 999 damage: he jumped and squashed my poor INT monster.
>>
>>25074661
No, they didn't kill the Slowpokes, they just cut the tails off and the tails grow back.
>>
>>25075904
> they just cut the tails off and the tails grow back.

So... why did the trainer try to stop them? I mean, the tails grow back so what's the problem?
>>
>>25075009
Gen6 had the Stonehenge place that was the resting place of Pokemon killed in the war.
>>
>>25075917
Because they were kidnapping people's Slowpokes.

And it's probably pretty painful for the Slowpokes even though their reaction is delayed.
>>
>>25074561
I remember playing an essentials game once where your Pokemon had a 1/16 chance of dying upon fainting. You would then have to revive them for a considerable amount of cash.

I never really thought of it as extremely edgy or anything, it was just something that was there that you didn't want to have happen. No gore or blood or anything, just really annoying. I wonder how something like that would be regarded if it was in actual game.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.