[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asg/ - Absolver General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 806
Thread images: 141

File: ABs olver.png (120KB, 554x640px) Image search: [Google]
ABs olver.png
120KB, 554x640px
Abs-olver Edition

Weaklings: >>188012979

Rudimentary Map
http://i.imgur.com/Na8qQOr.png

>Wikis
https://absolver.gamepedia.com/Absolver_Wiki
http://absolver.wiki.fextralife.com/Absolver+Wiki

>News
https://www.absolvergame.com/news

>Hairstyles in game
https://imgur.com/a/TlMXk
https://imgur.com/a/rm56U

>Where the fuck is XYZ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUJMP527k
>>
>Connect to servers once
>Game crashes
>cannot connect after I restart
>decide to just finish off the last two bosses and take on the final boss offline
>done with that, and now I still cannot connect to the servers.

Help, I just want to absolve.
>>
first for HAYMAKER
>>
>>188090140
>that feel when you feint a guard breaker into a charged haymaker, tanking a hit, learning a move, and kill a player

More like Hypermaker.
>>
File: forestdwellers.png (69KB, 751x368px) Image search: [Google]
forestdwellers.png
69KB, 751x368px
What is your favorite set? I like just about anything in forest.

Specifically Forest Dweller pants and boots, also frog mantle is classy as fuck when you upgrade to red mantle with yellow spots.
>>
when does the servers fix come out?
this shit is getting annoying as fuck already.
>>
>>188090140
I guess haymakers are a bit too slow, eh?
>>
>>188090430
Also, forest has best masks.
>>
>>188090543
Eh, it just armored the first post and hit anyway.
>>
Great I didn't want to fucking play tonight anyway.
This shit is going to kill the game very fucking quickly if they don't shape up.
>>
>>188090430
How does one get that sick hood
>>
>>188091148
>get on around noon
>"huh servers are down, guess I'll do something else"
>clean house for about 5 hours
>servers still down
>make dinner
>servers still down
I'm about to uninstall this for a game that I can actually fucking play.
>>
>>188091247
say it with me
P V P
V V V
P V P
>>
>>188091359
>V V V
>>
>>188091247

>>188091359 is wrong
In reality what you need to do is send Devolver a couple thousand dollars to buy some servers that fucking work
>>
>>188091346
The ultimate refund-circumvention strategy is to frontload your games with several hours of tepid, halfbaked PVE so players won't realize the servers are complete garbage until it's too late.
>>
File: 20170902183947_1.jpg (185KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170902183947_1.jpg
185KB, 1600x900px
>beat game on alt
>keep the sword from final boss without having to summon it with shards
>level up
>it's gone

Well that was neat for a moment. That said are servers still down. Because fuck this is annoying
>>
>>188091473
>>188091346
>>188091148

>Playing a fighting game on PC.

If like you enjoy playing in the cheat-engine honeypot version of the game.
>>
A pvp focused game having literally constant network issues and not a single fucking bit of news about it both reeks of incompetence and spells very poorly for the future of the game.
I'm really fucking mad.
>>
>>188091448
pee pee tee hee
>>
>>188091678
have you beat your bosses according to your trial level?
or farm those essence miners for sweet kicks
>>
>>188091629
>That said are servers still down.
If I launch the game to check and they're down then Devolver wins, so I'm just gonna never launch the game. Checkmate faggots.
>>
File: rip best girl.jpg (84KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
rip best girl.jpg
84KB, 848x480px
Have they said anything about these fucking servers. 85% of the game is PVP and I can't fucking play.

Holy fuck I'm mad. LET ME LIKE THIS GAME YOU FUCKING SHITS
>>
File: S97N5lr.jpg (261KB, 1724x1078px) Image search: [Google]
S97N5lr.jpg
261KB, 1724x1078px
>tfw you notice your opponent is trying to block 2 moves and then dodge->counterattack your 3rd
>start feinting every third
>kick his ass
>>
File: 20170902214953_1.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170902214953_1.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
Real talk, khaltbros:

How do I get a 4th charged attack for my alts?
>>
File: insight_acquired.webm (3MB, 924x520px) Image search: [Google]
insight_acquired.webm
3MB, 924x520px
huh
>>
>>188091943
they posted this about it on wednesday

>We are aware that some players are facing big lag issues, preventing them from enjoying the online experience in Absolver.
We apologize for the rocky start, the team is working night and day to improve this. We have a couple of major fixes in the works, which should be deployed next week and should improve these issues. Thank you for your patience!

i hope they realize that by "next week" it might be too late. if i hadn't spent time beating the single player part in offline mode and gone past 2 hours, i would have absolutely refunded. so i guess they scammed me out of my money whether they end up fixing it or not. either way, i'm very upset at the whole situation.
>>
>>188092474
>next week
Far too late. Godfucking dammit, this game was really great for the four fucking hours I actually got to play it.
>>
>>188092052
>tfw you have a basic functioning brain
Well done.
>>
>>188092474

I normally wouldn't mind waiting but I just don't have the free time I did when I was a kid. It's just frustrating when so much of the game is locked behind PVP. And don't get me wrong, I fucking love PVP and want to PVP, but christ.

How do you fuck up this badly. With actual MMOs I'm generally a bit more forgiving because I never, ever expect a launch to go off without a rocky start. But this is a fighting game without local multiplayer, so I can't even fight friends.
>>
>>188092616
you can play it even more and it'll still be great next week
>>
>>188092421
The reserves are E M P T Y
>>
>>188092474

I feel like this is a bit heavy-handed. It's not surprising to have this situation given the circumstances, but absolver is just that unique of a gaming experience that I feel like it's worth dealing with whatever technical difficulties are going on to play it.

There aren't really any other games I'd want to play atm, if I have to wait a week then so be it. I was willing to burn my $26 from the start for the chance at a legit game to move on to from dark souls 3, but I've already put over 30 hours into the game so I honestly sincerely cannot complain. It can only get better from here.

They aren't ubisoft. Give them a chance, man.
>>
MagnumDong really seems like a 4chan name. If you're here, thanks for the assistance.
>>
>>188092892
The problem is these issues can murder a multiplayer game before it even has a chance to take off. I'm only harsh on them about this because I don't want it to end up like so many good multiplayer games do and die from idiotic technical issues.
>>
>>188092474
>can't even wait a week
>just played a few rounds, got off, tried to connect again and successfully connected (US, east coast)

Jesus this fucking ADHD generation I swear... it's not even that bad.

In b4 australia
>>
>>188092892
>pay for a game
>it doesn't work
>"i can't complain!"

i don't know why you're sticking up for them. this is unacceptable.
>>
Remember to thumbs up even when you're lagging and not in control of the fights.
>>
>>188092892

Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely return to the game. Hell I'll still play it even offline to fuck around with different styles (comfy with Forsaken, learning Windfall, about to try Khalt 45). I really like this game and I'm not about to give up on it.

But people really are pretty fickle. And people CAN and WILL give up on this shit. That's my big concern. Not just the fact that I can't fucking play the game the way I want to (as it was intended, I mean), but the fact that the playerbase and word of mouth might take a negative hit as a result.

I get that it's a smaller studio, and that's one of the reasons why I'm giving it some leeway, but it's still unacceptable. What's worse is it's a holiday weekend and this would've been the perfect time to maximize sales and spread the word
>>
>>188093176

Because all other games right now are garbage so I'm gonna hitch my wagon to devolver's star and pray they fix shit because the core game is beautiful and they're specifically focused on PvP (compare that to dark souls which I've invested thousands of hours in, and PvP was "an afterthought" in that game)
>>
>finally get a PvP match
>"unreal 4 has crashed"
I'm fucking done.
>>
>>188093354

I mean like, I understand your point but there really isn't an alternative game to absolver at the moment. I'm not happy about the connection issues either but there's anything better, so I'm just gonna hope they fix shit. They aren't ubisoft and have specifically said they're gonna release a big patch soon, I can wait a week, hell I could wait a month as long as it meant, at some point, I'd be able to play the shit out of this game.
>>
>>188093331
fuck that bug tilted me so hard because for the first few second i kick ass and then suddenly my moves arent working and i can just spam emotes
feels fucking bad
>>
File: 1491037940989.jpg (53KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
1491037940989.jpg
53KB, 760x570px
>>188093356
>PVP was an afterthought in Dark Souls
jesus dude, just stop posting
>>
File: 1486518691148.jpg (8KB, 283x255px) Image search: [Google]
1486518691148.jpg
8KB, 283x255px
>>188092892
To be honest a game should be ready to play on release day. Were they not expecting people to want to play the day it came out? Products have release dates and should be operable 100% that day.

With that said, it all depends how long it takes Slo to finalize its intentions.
>>
>>188092421
Yeah, there's a bug with load zones were sometimes they don't trigger, so you just wander into the lowpoly preload version of the area. Happened to me on my first playthrough going from Bird Callers to the Twin's bossfight.

Did you know that the stairs that lead up from Bird Callers don't spawn in until the area is loaded? I had to climb up the hill to the side, which was left unblocked by foliage because also none of that loaded.
>>
>>188092892
>>188093143
I think the issue people have with waiting a week is that the playerbase will take a drastic hit over that week and that when companies give these sort of timelines they always go over. Oceania was supposed to have servers by Friday. Shit is still fucked.
>>
>game freezes
>alt+f4
>40 minutes later still hasn't closed
>>
>>188093736
He's correct though? Pvp was secondary for the developers of dark souls and the game wasn't balanced around the idea of players fighting other players.
>>
>>188093630

>there isn't an alternative game to Absolver at the moment.

And therein lies my dilemma. I want to play Absolver while I have my very limited free time (working 55 hour work weeks).

I cannot play Absolver when I have said free time. So as a result, I'm kind of buttsmashed over this. Again, they're a smaller studio so I'm willing to give them some slack, but it's still frustrating as hell.

I have other fighting games I'm still very much interested in playing, but GG Rev2, Tekken 7, and SFV are not games I wanna play atm. Absolver's got me hooked despite those three.
>>
>>188093964
secondary =/= afterthought

also it wasn't secondary, wrong on multiple levels
>>
>>188093986
Hold out for the new Marvel vs Capcom
>>
File: womyn.jpg (64KB, 507x595px) Image search: [Google]
womyn.jpg
64KB, 507x595px
>>188093736

Take your own advice, kiddo.
>>
Is there any way to find out what server you're connected to? I heard the Oceania server was added late, but I'm still getting rubberbanding like crazy whenever other players show up. 1v1 works fine, though.
>>
File: absolver chad.png (181KB, 2518x1024px) Image search: [Google]
absolver chad.png
181KB, 2518x1024px
Ran out of things to add. Wanted to make it less about shitting on one particular style and made it more general.
>>
>>188094121

Hell no. Even if the system looks fun, I just cannot get into a game with a roster I can't stand
>>
>>188094284
>a roster I can't stand

There's just no helping bad taste.
>>
>>188093986

I mean fuck, dude, just do something else while you wait, it's really not a big deal. You're already working a fuckton, maybe just straight-up sleep more. It's not like the servers are down 24/7 there's just some connection issues every so often. Just have other shit to do, get some other hobbies man ffs 55 hour work weeks sound awful.
>>
>>188094476
B-but muh X-Men!
>>
>>188092385
just check the moves available my dude. you can't use the ones you haven't unlocked yet, but you can still see every move available. not even sure if you can go 4x charged attack though in all honesty, idk man
>>
>>188094178
You're fucking braindead if you seriously think PVP was an afterthought in the Souls series, especially post-Demon's
>>
>>188094476
>>188094563

>Marvel's side sucks
>Capcom's side is mostly recycled bullshit

I mean if you guys are okay with that cool but let's not pretend this wasn't lazy
>>
File: Working those thighs.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Working those thighs.webm
1MB, 960x540px
oh good
>>
Does anyone have any mean kick decks? I'm looking to change up my old deck, and I want some fast and flashy feet.
>>
>>188094820
Since when has Capcom ever put effort into their games?
>>
>>188094820
>>188094563

>Complain Capcom is recycled bullshit
>Complain Marvel's side sucks because it lacks recycled bullshit.
>>
>>188094761

It took over a year to nerf the giant seed in dark souls 3, let alone the summoner class issues that still plague the game. Need I say more?

Like, go to /dsg/ and try presenting your case that dark souls is PvP-focused in its development. If you can't pull that off, then fuck off thanks.
>>
>>188095119

>characters no one wanted versus the same shit we had last game that nobody wanted last game
>>
>>188095180
Just wait until the next phase of movies is out and everyone will be jerking off over the Marvel side of the roster.
>>
>>188095173
From being shitty and slow at balancing is somehow a case against the fact that multiplayer, and especially invasion-based PVP, has been a defining, central trait of the series since its inception, one that the entire series has been shaped by a designed around, and in no way an afterthought as previously described?

Yeah, you're a moron.
>>
rofl

>dueling on library map
>duel is 1-1
>my opponent almost pushes me off the ledge with attacks while i'm blocking, breaks my guard
>come within a literal half an inch from falling
>my opponent tries to finish me with that drunken forward stumble move
>manage to just dodge out of the way
>the guy drunkenly stumbles off the ledge by himself
>kills himself immediately again after respawning in shame

that almost redeemed today's annoying duels
>>
File: xAW0UaF[1].png (25KB, 765x441px) Image search: [Google]
xAW0UaF[1].png
25KB, 765x441px
Making a spreadsheet with various things:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=0
92 out of 96 moves. I think the only ones left are the Stagger ones. Also have a bit of equipment and build stats there, latter pic related.

Also a discord: https://discord.gg/Eqrxcn9
>>
Has anyone made fists only work yet or is that just a dream
>>
File: ss (2017-09-02 at 07.36.31).jpg (63KB, 300x746px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-09-02 at 07.36.31).jpg
63KB, 300x746px
Fresh prospect here, any tips or tricks? Been donking abut learning moves by dodging shit and trying to get some neat kick shit going. Where can I get a cool cape.

Also is this server thing gonna be a while, have the devs commented? I wanted to try my deck in pvp.
>>
I need more punches so I can get rid of these pansy punches.
>>
i feel like my enjoyment of duels has gone down by quite a lot

my first thought used to be

>can't wait to see if this guy is as good as me or even better

now it's

>oh great i wonder what this guy's gimmick is
>oh it's that fucking double fist sweep into a billion other ducking attacks

usually i just end up mashing the one good, fast mid attack i have and the whole fight feels like a waste of time

maybe it's time to retire the jab considering about 80% of the game's population has built a counter deck specifically for dealing with it
>>
>>188094110
Secondary literally means an afterthought.

Primarily, they thought about PvE. After, so, second, they thought about PvP. So it was an after thought.
>>
>>188096354
just try reconnecting few times, the servers are up methinks
>>
>>188096512
By putting it in the right thread you sperg.
>>
>>188096354
there's a cape you can pick up in the docks. it's on a slightly hidden ledge you have to drop down to. there's also one in the essence reserves but that's not until after you've killed all the marked ones so if you're really early you can't get it yet.

the capes all look pretty ratty and bad though. the one you get from beating the game is the only decent one imo.
>>
>>188096354
try to learn as much as you can from enemies just to make sure you have an extensive move library

dont focus on one style of combat too hard until you have all the moves necessary. i.e: a boxing deck might be fun, but without the right moves or absorbs, a low kick will fuck you up all day

make sure you understand your own deck. even if you need to super simplify it, having a deck you know how to use is more important than having a deck that has a ton of shit that you dont know how to whip out at a moment's notice

if you want to connect, just keep hitting retry no matter what.
>>
File: 1411880509927.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1411880509927.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>188096557
>Secondary literally means an afterthought.
You literally don't know what "afterthought" means, or you are literally equivocating to avoid admitting being incorrect on the internet.
>>
File: 4174901481094014.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4174901481094014.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
There's a hidden item down in this little alcove, that sits on the box. An essence miner cape, you just have to run at the opening and you'll land in the area
>>
File: block parry2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
block parry2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
so I did this.
>>
>>188097372
I'm 'literally' not doing anything besides telling you how to correctly use the semantics you were just arguing about. You can google their definitions if you insist on arguing.
>>
i refunded this game yesterday, i didn't like grinding very much and the whole school system was kind of dumb, anyway enjoy faglords.
>>
How do I avoid that mid-helicoper stagger move?
>>
>>188097607
Well done, would if I could.
>>
I cant believe i spent 2 hours killing myself trying to get the Calbot NPC to spawn....and i still didnt got him
>>
>>188097607
mad cause bad lel
>>
>>188097754
dodge or parry or block or absorb or do the other kind of dodge or the other kind of dodge or use the other other kind of dodge or use an attack that has a parry property
>>
>>188097856
is there any specific zone it spawns in? i've seen and heard outside the tower and in the essence reserves. is it just a completely random world spawn?
>>
Struggling with Windfall for over 10 hours has trained me for the piss easiness of Forsaken.

Windfall -
>Have to predict four directions, not unlike Mount and Blade
>Doesn't always guarantee a punish or stamina because wonky execution
>Regular dodge is better
>Spamming opens you up for attack and drains stamina
>Animation is long as fuck

Forsaken -
>durr two directions, totally fooled you
>hur, if I attack during a feint I get punished, it's balanced I swear
>Garuntteed punish go- I mean guys, git gud
>>
File: ss (2017-09-02 at 07.54.59).jpg (92KB, 702x568px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-09-02 at 07.54.59).jpg
92KB, 702x568px
>>188096774
>>188096710
>>188096576
I'm in.
Thanks lads, have a picture of when I started skidding around at the first "not bonfire" I got to.
>>
>>188098010
I heard the same, so i made my checkpoint the altar at Tower of Adal and i kept running to the location i heard it was saw (right outside the black gate) if i didnt saw him i only went up the stairs and killed myself to get other spawns.
>>
Gravity vs Earthquake?
>>
>>188097928
i played for three hours but it was alright at best, the map was kind of shitty so i had trouble finding the marks and i just wasn't having that much fun, the servers were also going down so i could barely play and just ended up refunding it.
>>
>>188098197
Gravity for pin point accuracy, for pinging healing cowards.
Earthquake for proximity and combining, and it has a shorter animation.
>>
File: 1499725184503.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1499725184503.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>188092892

>No Man's Sky
>nothing like it!
>no multiplayer
>game dies

>For Honor
>nothing like it!
>shitty multiplayer
>game dies

>Absolver
>no game like it!
>shitty servers
>mfw
>>
>>188098168
They should allow warping from "not bonfires" after the first game is beaten.
>>
>>188097754
I don´t think you can dodge it, you gotta take the hit/block it. Though something i noticed is that there is quite a winddown animation after the hits, so if you attack right after the two hits are done you can always get some hit in if you have a fast enough opening
>>
>>188097431
ncie timing anon
that guy should have feinted after the first parry honestly
>>
File: 1472272480578.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1472272480578.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>>188098160
>regular dodge is better
>>
>>188098160

I started Forsaken first, got decent with it, then rerolld Windfall since the servers are fucked.

I want to like Windfall but I feel so fucking vulnerable. Only played as it for a few hours (beat the game in like, 2 hours), but goddamn this is frustrating.

About to try Khalt 45. How is it?
>>
>>188098505
Kahlt is my favorite. It makes you super aggressive since you can restore your stamina with absorb.
>>
>>188098472
As far as distance and getting out of shitty situations, yes. It even gives you a stamina and learning bonus some times if you happened to take Windfall.
>>
>>188098160
Windfall always guarantees a punish if you do it right. Even if you avoid light jabs.

Forsaken only, rarely guarantees a light punish. Most of the time the enemy can dodge/block.
>>
Alright i give up, almost 3 hours. Anyone on PC has the Calbot that can teach me?
>>
>>188098210
wow it really is a mad cuz bad holy shit, I'm so sorry

I hope you have fun in skyrim and destiny2 anon, I thought you were just shitposting.
>>
>>188099584

The weak and the casuals will get culled before the big connectivity patch comes out, mark my words. And nothing of value was lost...
>>
>>188097607
I refunded it too.

While I could see the fun in customising your deck and the potential this game had, the start is a very slow slog. Given the numerous server issues and the declining player base I just couldn't risk investing more time into the game and going over the 2 hr refund limit only to get stuck with a dead region, shit servers, or the establishment of a cookie cutter meta that destroys any sense of variety.

If the game isn't dead by the time it goes on sale I may give it another go.
>>
File: 1424663685325.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1424663685325.gif
799KB, 200x189px
i'm going to fucking explode

i'm still that anon that was stuck on the 3rd rematch of the final boss
this shit isn't fun, like at all.
I'm losing hope, and I don't even have PvP to keep me satisfied
>>
>>188099793
Yeah man let's just cull a huge portion of the playerbase before the game has even found its footing. Great idea.
>>
So I got to hunting path, said path wasn't loaded, there was a flying tree, fell off the world and am now stuck at a black screen.
>>
POST WEBMS (preferably new ones)

>tfw literally outplayed
>>
>>188099916
Strive on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny24zPeQLks
>>
>>188099906
I REALLY doubt there will be a cookie cutter meta. There's too much stuff that's left to player taste.
>>
>>188099916
Beat her in 2 tries naked.
Surely it can't be that hard.
>>
>SERVERS UP
>OH FUCK
>PVP NOW
>fight my first Stagger opponent
>kick his ass round 1
>second round there's noticeable lag but not enough to really fuck me over
>he kicks my ass
>can't figure out wtf he's doing, play defensively
>get hit as soon as I lower guard or attempt to parry
>lose
>third round
>we both seemingly DC
>servers down again

I am. So mad
>>
>>188100056
It's certainly possible. We're not even a week in yet. Someone will figure out some maximum damage or unavoidable string
>>
File: 1424666836938.png (290KB, 708x715px) Image search: [Google]
1424666836938.png
290KB, 708x715px
>>188100052
and to add to that, I tried to cheese her by spawning a weapon then dying, then quickly reviving and picking it up.

she fucking disarms me in one hit god fucking dammit.
>>
>>188099923
>huge portion

Nah just the casuls and people who get mad that they can't just do the equivalent of R1 spam against anyone who isn't complete shit. We don't need those people shitting up the community tbqh.

Leave the general too please, you don't have the game anymore so no sense in you continuing to shit up the thread. Thanks.
>>
>>188100261
I'm not the guy who refunded the game but if you're dumb enough to think what you just posted then the community definitely isn't benefiting from your presence.
>>
>>188099024
>Forsaken only, rarely guarantees a light punish.

That is not how this playthrough is going, guessing left or right is opening up dudes all over. Taking on multiples is a fucking breeze now. At least the NPCs, so I'll take your word for it before I go online.
>>
File: catnyet.jpg (147KB, 1024x860px) Image search: [Google]
catnyet.jpg
147KB, 1024x860px
I really like this game and invested some time into it and beat it for that sweet absolver poncho.
BUT they really gotta iron out this server bullshit ASAP, because not being able to play the multiplayer is basically not playing the actual game, and lagging during fights really fucks everyone over. (Especially trying to parry).
>>
>>188099916
>>188100259
I'll never understand why so many casuls get mad when they actually run into a challenge, instead of it making them all the more motivated to git gud. I mean, it's partly a meme, but it's actually serious if you think about it. Is it a millennial thing? Or whatever they're calling the current generation of under-20's?

She's kicking your ass? GOOD. Guess what? It's not impossible. You know what that means? It means you fucking suck. What does THAT mean? It doesn't mean quit, it means GIT. FUCKING. GUD. PRACTICE, EXPERIMENT, ASK PEOPLE BETTER THAN YOU FOR ADVICE. Stop crying like a little fucking bitch, sorry. not sorry.
>>
Am I just REALLY bad, or is this Ama marked one in the bird's nest or whatever fucking cheating?

I killed her the first time through, but going back around she starts with a sword this time and just totally fucks my world up. What the fuck do I even do against infinite stamina winddodging ass?
>>
>>188097431
why isn't the animation coming out?
>>
>>188100479
Leave any time my dude.
>>
File: 1427489177367.jpg (48KB, 625x429px) Image search: [Google]
1427489177367.jpg
48KB, 625x429px
>>188100552
I'm not even complaining about the difficulty you sperg I'm upset that it just isn't fun, fighting a bot that input reads with 10 times your health pool is annoying, not a "challenge".

throw in some fun, unique mechanics to spice up the fight and make it feel like a final boss that you're defeating for the third time and i'd be perfectly fine with that but this shit is mind numbing.
also I'd tell you to fukken come at me and get yo ass kicked but the servers are fucking down again god fucking dammit yes i'm still mad
>>
>>188099916
dude you just gotta cheese her to be honest senpai. just get a hit in and then get out. repeat this until she dies, and take it slow. When she gets her sword out either start using heavy hitting attacks to knock the sword out of her hand or equip a sword.
I beat her on my first attempt and i have not won a single fucking 1 v 1 structured dual.
>>
>>188099989
>>
Yea this game is going to die suuuper quick if they don't fix the servers, I mean it doesn't have much staying power but its going to be dead by the end of next week at this point.
>>
>>188100859
>losing to an NPC
>"fukken" come at me and get "yo" ass kicked

Sad.
>>
>>188098160
>Windfall
>hard
Yeah man, dodging jabs sure is hard when 3 out of 4 of the fucking directions works against them. Atleast you don't need specific moves to fight Forsaken, you HAVE to have wide sweeps and moves you can't side dodge otherwise Windfall literally couldn't be hit.
>>
>>188100917
Bitchslapped to death, fucking brutal. It's always so satisfying to beat ability spammers though to be fair.
>>
>>188101056
have you tried using something other then mindless aggression?
>>
>>188100508
yeah now try timing it while lagging. It fucking blows.
>>
>>188100552
Yikes. I can tell you're gonna be one of those guys who's autistic enough to be recognizable even without a name. See you around I guess.
>>
File: Absolver - butt kick.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Absolver - butt kick.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>188101154
My personal favorite is giving them the ol' hank hill
>>
>>188101056
Play Windfall, its actual 4 directions. You need to know every moves single direction. Sure you can dodge jabs, but yeah sweeps top and bottom like a regular fighter, Tekken for instance.

Not to mention moves with double strikes, or really fast lower sweeps (staggers double strike) where the animation is faster than the evading commands animation. When you do pull it off it looks janky as hell.

Every wonder why no one shows off super awesome Windfall gameplay? Because no one can pull it off unless it's a vert/jab, happy newbie.
>>
>>188101440
>dat dodge spam when parried
embarrassing.
>>
>>188101440
BWA
>>
>>188100685
I was holding the block button.
>>
>>188101524
You can dodge moves in multiple directions, windfall isn't the only style that gets ass raped by sweeps, literally everyone does.
>>
File: 1431023784730.gif (1007KB, 273x429px) Image search: [Google]
1431023784730.gif
1007KB, 273x429px
>>188100892
Thanks niggie I just followed your advice and just went in, jab, jab, double-jab and dodged out over and over for about 10 minutes until she dropped dead

I guess fuck me for trying to actually go at it like if it was a duel.

also
>getting to pvp rank 60 without winning a single 1v1 duel
jesus christ man, I wish I had your resolve
>>
Jeez, after using Stagger since day 1 parrying is so fucking easy. Jesus Christ dude, this is dumb.
>>
>queue for 1v1
>game sits at loading screen for ages
>go back to sitting next to the pvp queue rock after a while with no game played

wtf? this is really frustrating.
>>
Man sometimes I get fucked up by the most random NPCs. I beat the game pretty easy, but every now and again I run into some fucking Windfall NPCs that avoid after the first hit and are constantly on me. I just lost two moves from one that had no health because he just decided that I'm not landing ANYTHING anymore and he's going to keep me in a corner.
>>
>>188100261
Yeah only the casuls want to actually play the fucking game. Fucking casuls demanding functional multiplayer in a multiplayer game.
>>
>go down three matches to some fudgin jab spammer
>start to just throw out power moves
>win the next four matches against him

Fuuuudge this game is sastisfying when you start to get somewhat dece at the combat.
>>
S E R V E R
E
R
V
E
R
>>
File: Chickenhawk.png (23KB, 105x105px) Image search: [Google]
Chickenhawk.png
23KB, 105x105px
>>188102601
>Fuuuudge
>dece
>>
I just want Calbot

Does this broad spawn in any specific area? Or does she just replace enemies randomly?
>>
>>188104150
Heard several locations it can spawn, i saw a youtube video of one of them and kept killing myself over and over trying to get the fucker to spawn, no luck
>>
File: 1958185151.jpg (296KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1958185151.jpg
296KB, 1024x576px
>final boss just becomes a massive health sponge in later fights

also hows my /fa/
>>
File: afterimage.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
afterimage.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>188099989
>Everyfuckinggamevswind.jpg
>>
>>188104150
I've had slapbitch turn up on the big stairway leading into the tower, just ahead of Golden(Shower) Cup man
>>
>>188104342
where yo timbs at?
>>
>>188104627
i don't like almost any of the shoes. A lot of outfits go better shoeless
>>
How the fuck do I beat the drunken moveset. Shit is so annoying to fight.
>>
>>188102853
:^)
>>
File: 20170903_001855.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170903_001855.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Anybody feel like a fightclub? I'm at the marked one's tree in hunting grounds. Keyword is
/tigerstyle/
>>
Puroresu moveset when?
>>
are the PC servers up?
>>
>>188105036
if you're going to ask things like this you should specify ps4 or pc, and what region. and stop awful quality pictures of your screen.
>>
>>188102143

I've been using kahlt since day 1, finally found a random encounter with a forsaken school I could join, took me like a half hour against the swamp miniboss guy to keep it permanently. Has nothing to do with stagger my man, parry is just OP in this game and really really easy to use, any braindead idiot can use it on reaction the amount of parry frames must be through the rough compared to, say, dark souls.
>>
rip servers, time to grind moves

first for fuck ama in her tight windfall pussy, and not even pleasantly. just fuck her till she bleeds, that fucking cunt.
>>
>>188094263
>has literally never seen an attribute point in his life
>>
>>188105101
No. Don't expect them back up until morning.
No one plays video games on saturday night after all.
>>
>>188099916
killed her by spamming heal and going in playing it slow, focusing on not getting hit
>>
boy i'd sure love to edit the absolver movelist location document and let people know where about 30% of these moves can be found but a big old nasty lock is in my way
>>
>>188099916
I killed her all 3 times by whipping out the prebaked Stagger deck and spamming the bottom left Alt and two normal attacks over and over.

Literally don't be bad. The AI is actually garbage.
>>
>>188105550
In response to this
>Calculated the perfect min/max of his attributes
>>
>>188106042
>never puts anything over 20

Or a corollary for Chad,
>dumps every attribute point into will
>>
>>188091247
>>188091359
wait I thought the first marked one dropped it
>>
Games decent. It ain't great.
Connected to the servers and finding people fucks with the game hard. It respawns all enemies. Was mid fight, cleared 2 out of 3 enemies, the other 2 respawned because I connected with people apparently. Parry system is super god damn tricky. Kinda tough to read which side an attack is coming from at such speeds.
>>
>>188104865
From my experience, donkey kahlt works great against stagger style. You can absorb most of the multi hit moves and get some nice hits in or get some needed stamina back to get out of the flurry of those damn punches.
>>
File: 20170902235624_1_1.jpg (56KB, 413x748px) Image search: [Google]
20170902235624_1_1.jpg
56KB, 413x748px
tell me /asg/ would you spar with me?
>>
>>188106861
you look like an npc
>>
File: 6I98w2u.png (450KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
6I98w2u.png
450KB, 610x610px
>>188098160
hurr hurr, I'mma burr and I ain't scurred a' no thing cuz I'm a fursaken and I jus' purry urrythung

HURR!
>>
Tfw servers are putting me up against fucking BR's so none of my fucking gold links come out and these stupid third world niggers are fucking teleporting out of my chains and spamming fucking charge And sweep moves holy shit fuck these goddamn servers.
>>
I skipped For Honor and suck at anything too technical (i.e. SF, GG, BB, KoF, etc) online.

Is this the game for me? Once the servers get fixed anyway?
>>
>>188107315
Download pirate copy, try it out. I did and loved it so I bought it this morning.
>>
who the fuck decided that defensive moves should be bound to FUCKING MOUSE MOVEMENT

I waste half my parries on immediate second parries, because the game is just sensitive enough to detect me PHYSICALLY PICKING UP MY MOUSE and returning it to the center of my mousepad.

I just want to bind my mousebuttons.
>>
definitely starting to run out of patience with the server issues
>>
>>188107480
>playing with kb+mouse
This isn't FPS or RTS, get a fucking controller you mong.
>>
>>188107008
Then my goal was accomplished
>>
>>188107672
Are you me?
>>
>>188107778
Yes.
>>
>>188107672
>>188107778
>>188108153
Samefag
>>
>>188108279
Hey, someone has to talk to themselves and keep the rest of us pleased we're not schizophrenics.
>>
while we wait for servers someone play tic tac toe with me

o|_|_
_|_|_
_|_|_
>>
>>188108625
o|_|_
_|_|_
x|_|_
>>
>>188099989
See, that stagger helicopter thing, what's the best way to deal with that?
I still won that round tho
>>
>no work tomorrow because it's a holiday
>expecting server problems to be solved after 4 days of problems

Why would I have thought otherwise.
>>
>finally connect to servers
>finally connect to a PvP match
>get in
>controller won't work
>keyboard won't work
>guy just beats me up
>close game
>restart
>can't connect to servers
I'm done with this game.
I really don't want to be, but I am.
This is probably the fastest purchase to uninstall time I've ever had.
>>
>>188108681
o|_|_
_|_|_
x|_|o
>>
>>188108683
parry right or jump it, it's a low attack. Or just hold block.
>>
>>188108683
Don't attack into it like a dumbass. Dude was spamming two moves over and over. Either block it and dash out when he tries to punch, or use your fucking defensive ability and parry/absorb/jump/backstumble that shit.
>>
>>188108751
this is quite the exquisite meme we have going here
>>
>>188108802
o|_|_
_|x|_
x|_|o
>>
>>188109090
You lose, you idiot. You fucking played yourself.
>>
File: ♂♂♂ ! ! !.jpg (38KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
♂♂♂ ! ! !.jpg
38KB, 473x357px
>>188109090
YOU FOOL

o|_|o
_|x|_
x|_|o

IT'S OVER, THIS BATTLE FAVORS ME!
>>
>>188109090
rip in pieces X
>>
File: 1444761777693.png (123KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1444761777693.png
123KB, 356x256px
>>188109090
>>
>>188109149
>>188109164
>>188109228
X lost on the first move. It doesn't matter anyway though, since whoever goes first will never lose. At worst, they'll always tie.
>>
Anyone else feel that its kind of lame how there are specific moves that break khalt absorb? Why aren't there weaknesses for parry? You can even parry FUCKING SWORDS. Honestly they should make weapons not parryable OR at the very least, you can parry them but you won't end with frame advantage. Currently, forsaken parry always ends with the forsaken player having frame advantage.
>>
>>188109413
Forsaken class most busted class desu
>>
>>188109458

busted in good or bad way? They are probably the best out of all the classes primarily because of how parry always ends in your favor. With absorb, you can get stuffed AND there are specific moves that specifically break khalt absorb. There are no moves in the game that can't be parried.
>>
File: 1405877730195.jpg (106KB, 869x810px) Image search: [Google]
1405877730195.jpg
106KB, 869x810px
>>188109413
>Currently, forsaken parry always ends with the forsaken player having frame advantage.
Why would you tell lies on the internet? Are you a baddie?
>>
>these server issues

Fuck

Is there a list of gear you can get, and how to get it?
>>
>>188109801
Don't think there's a full list yet, but 90% of it is through PvP.
>>
File: Still won that round tho.webm (2MB, 1160x674px) Image search: [Google]
Still won that round tho.webm
2MB, 1160x674px
>>188108836
>it's a low attack
>jump it
Huh, it certainly didn't look like one
Looked like it was attacking the waist so I got confused
>>
>>188109614
Exactly. If your starting class wasn't Forsaken you're pretty much shit out of luck.
>>
>>188110010
>>188109614

My school is always up for takers :^)

if only the servers worked tho
>>
>lose match
>win match
>infinite loading screen match
This game is so advanced and confusing....
>>
File: Goodbye.webm (2MB, 1160x674px) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye.webm
2MB, 1160x674px
huh
>>
>>188110636
He was guardfagging so hard the game timed him out
>>
>>188109632
How am I wrong? If you are forsaken, and you parry, you will always have frame advantage. It's a small frame advantage but you can still act first after you parry.
>>
File: the slap.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
the slap.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>mfw finally learning Calbot
>>
>>188111921
where god dammit
>>
>>188111150
Only if you actually land it. If they feint and you parry nothing then it's a guaranteed punish for them. Shitters like you who think parry is so good you can just auto-pilot to victory are my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
>>
>>188112062
there's a random chance anywhere normal npcs spawn. In my case, it was in the bird caller's outpost just up the ramp
>>
>>188112062
I had one spawn in the hunting grounds and one in cave area before the last boss. I'm pretty sure you have to be an absolver before she shows up. It does ~15 damage.
>>
>>188112183
>>188112331
he's an armorless npc with a black mask and blonde hair apparently, i'll keep an eye out for him and pray to god i get it
>>
>>188112171
He's not arguing that parry has frame advantage on a whiff, that doesn't make any sense.

The term frame advantage requires that both players are committed to an action, usually someone getting hit or blocking, or in this case, getting parried/parrying. Frame advantage on whiff is nonsense.
>>
Does blocking an attack action as a free action? When the strike hits the block, and I press an attack button; does it start during the block or frames after?
>>
File: 2017-09-03 08-30-28.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-03 08-30-28.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>do a sweep low
>somehow windfall dodge down and it counts

Nani.
>>
>>188114291
outskilled
>>
>>188114291
you should have accounted for that, really.
>>
File: 1494658157209.jpg (110KB, 1024x763px) Image search: [Google]
1494658157209.jpg
110KB, 1024x763px
>>188090379
>that rhyming
>>
Do multihits go through parry? You don't know how many times I've parried that backwards staggered move just to get hit anyways
>>
>>188114654

Why? Because it's literally the first time I've seen that happen, and I've been stuffing windfall ducks with that move since I started my kick-deck 2 days ago. I can't account for something that I'm pretty sure is a bug.
>>
>>188114782
With minimal adjustment, it's literally a limerick.

That feel when you feint a guard breaker
Into a charged haymaker
Tanking a hit,
Learning a bit,
And easily killing a Player
>>
I hope whoever programmed the AI for the caped niggers in Essence Reserves dies in a car crash
>>
>>188115149
If I had a webm of muhammad ali dodging 21 punches in 10 seconds I'd post it.
>>
>>188114824
Yes. Doublehits seem to be the meta to ignore any and all work done into abilities.
>>
File: windfall.gif (2MB, 268x202px) Image search: [Google]
windfall.gif
2MB, 268x202px
>>188115452
>>
>>188114824
>>188115808
When you parry you stop all momentum. It's why it's the best stance. Even if it didn't let you get a counter jab in it still would be the best simply because it stops pressure.
>>
>>188106538
Say it with me;

Marked ones
Do not
Randomly Drop
ANYTHING

Only the bosses that are instanced (Colliseum, twins, Ristyn) will give you their mask, and only after you beat them three times, which requires higher and higher CT level.

Don't fucking farm marked ones, they will not give you anything.

And no, Jinn Mesca is not a marked one. Yes he drops his mask.
>>
File: stats.jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
Recommendations for these last 9 points?
>>
>2 good matches
>game freezes
>exit and restart
>repeat
anyone else?
At least I can connect now I guess.
>>
>>188116247
Honestly I'd just dump into health.
The stats in general don't seem to make much of a change, though I'm only at level 30.
>>
>>188115964
>parry
>get killed anyways
>stops pressure
??

It's not like everyone doesn't already spam shockwave when pressured.
>>
>>1881162472
18 str
20 dex
20 end
>>
File: Absolver - Is this For Honor.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Absolver - Is this For Honor.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>188116506
yeah. its been pretty bad today.
>>
>>188116706
woops meant
>>188116247
>>
>>188116619
It's a full second before your opponent can act again on a successful parry. That's roughly 1/60 of a full fight in absolver. You end up doing it at minimum a dozen times. That's a lot of time you get and no one else does. It doesn't cost a shard. It removes the pressure whereas the other two stances you still have to act.
>>
>>188116706
>>188116785
That's kinda what I was thinking, thanks
>>
>>
>>188116739
>>188116953

>unironically making webms where you literally mash one string
>>
>>188117138
if it isnt broken, dont fix it
>>
>>188116910
It's also the riskiest of the three, what is your point?
>>
If anyone's up and wants to duel me on PC NA i'm at the Tower of Adel shrine (the bottom one, not at the top)
>>
>>188116739
Does hook counter side dodges or something?
>>
>>188117361
if you delay the input when you think they're going to dodge, it will connect.

webm unrelated
>>
>>188117282
>It's also the riskiest of the three, what is your point?

Have you even tried it? It's the easiest of the three. Absorb has too many weaknesses to be effective and windfall is only for input reading ai.
>>
>>188117439
Risky doesn't mean less effective, it means that Forsaken undergoes a larger risk when using their ability than windfall and kahlt. Parry being better is justified because of how much more risky it is to use than dodge or absorb. How do you go about nerfing parry without making it the worst of the four styles? If you put its usefulness on par with dodge or absorb it would be a larger risk for a smaller reward.
>>
>fight someone
>all he does is walk backwards and then jab once
>beat him 3-0
>randomly get him again
>he does it again
>attack him more relentlessly
>he's a forsaken
>he only tried ONCE to parry

Like, motherfucker, I started parrying your jabs after a while. At least do me the honor of fucking trying to give a shit to win.
>>
>>188117757
It's not risky at all. It's much safer than windfall and stagger. In some cases it's less risky than absorb. Like you know someone is running absorb so you use your armor breakers more often.
>>
>making deck
>random parts of the deck keep disappearing
Has anyone had this issue? This is the worst bug I've encountered by a wide margin, I've wasted 20 minutes just redoing the same shit
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-23_15-47-54.png (53KB, 196x330px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-23_15-47-54.png
53KB, 196x330px
Alright I'm convinced I've been fighting a bot for the last hour.
I've 3-0'd this dude like, 20 times. He's 10 levels higher then me and knows some harder to get moves, but he can't even block or dodge.
At first I thought it might be a kid playing or something, so I tried to through out easy to read slow moves to see if I could help him learn to dodge or block, but he just does nothing and spams the same 5 moves over and over.
Do people actually AFK farm in this game already or what?
At least I learned like, 95% of the drunken move set.
>>
>>188118329

Yeah, restart the game. You might have to redo the deck, happened to me quite a few times.
>>
>>188118393
>Do people actually AFK farm in this game already or what?

There's at least like, 3 different people in this general that seem to just afk farm because "hurrdurr i dont like pvp"
>>
>>188118418
Bet it has to do with Encounters being enabled. That causes the most random bugs.
>>
>>188094263
>Wanted to make it less about shitting on one particular style

I don't know man, virgin windfall versus chad khalt practically writes itself:

>keeps anemic arms close to body
>bunny hops in fear at the twitch of a foot
>walks too fast
>spends more stamina dodging than attacking

>holds arms out for maximum armpit ventilation
>high fives self before every fight
>wears bright rainbow stripes to confuse foe
>never blocks, lets attacks rain off him in a shower of gatorade and cool ranch doritos
>has no defensive, only gets stamina back for more attacking
>attacks exclusively by spinning in place to strike with all five limbs, head included
>>
File: 20170903095801_1.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903095801_1.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
I wanna hit that sweet 200 before this afternoon.
>>
>>188117970
>It's not risky at all
t. never played Forsaken

If you fuck up a parry expect to take a 360 tornado kick to the face.
>>
I think I may have fought an NPC in a combat trial. Nigger brought his sword out and once he dropped it, he would not attack, only block and try to get back to the sword so he could pick it up.

Literally NPC AI.
I know it's not an NPC, dummies.
>>
Recommended stat distribution for a Forsaken shitter?
>>
>>188118572
>If you fuck up a parry expect to take a 360 tornado kick to the face.

This applies to all 4 and parrying is the 2nd easiest of the 4.
>>
Is it me or do some of the kicks have really jank hitboxes? The spin kicks hit even if you're nowhere near them.
>>
>>188118521
You look exactly like a guy who stomped me earlier today. Name?
>>
>>188118987
Definitely not true lol. Parry has the largest lag after a whiff by a wide margin, and it's a lot harder to land than any of the others
>>
>>188119098

Voerman. If I beat you, you should join my school. Because such are the rules of a true Hong Kong brawl.
>>
>>188118987
Objectively false. You cannot be punished as hard for whiffing absorb or avoid as you can for whiffing a parry. Its why feinting is so good against forsaken.
>>
>>188119257
Ah, the guy I fought was called Prussian Nationalism. I haven't even unlocked schools yet, I'm admittedly terrible. Slowly learning how to parry properly, but even that's a tough ride with my reaction time.
>>
i don't mind losing but holy shit, losing every game is horrible. don't know what to do, fiddled with decks for hours, lost every match today with a few fluke wins
>>
>>188092474
>incoming spergs that will actually lose all the braincells they grew playing this game in one week
I'm already late by four posts
>>
File: 2017-08-31 22-32-20.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-31 22-32-20.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>188119031

Yeah, they have phantom range something fierce. Which is why it's always best to either dodge/blueberry/parry them. Pretty sure that's how I'm winning most of my fights, simply based on the fact that their hitboxes are pretty ridiculous sometimes.

Like here, as much as I'm cringing at this was the point before I could put a kick in every slot, he keeps dodging back and at least 2 dodges are well out of range from the kicks - he still gets hit and rubberbands back into range again. Although, this guy could've literally just windfall ducked under any of them and punished me hard for it
>>
>>188119368

Show your deck, and what style you are. What are you having problems with?
>>
>>188119507
I already closed the game, I need to just stop playing. I don't have any fighting spirit left, maybe tomorrow will be different.
>>
>>188094263
>not the virgin prospect
>>
File: 1448704112499.png (392KB, 494x465px) Image search: [Google]
1448704112499.png
392KB, 494x465px
>>188117138
>first webm shows lag (which can stuff with what stance you're in)
>still decide to shittalk people to stroke your epeen

This isn't reddit pal
>>
File: 4bd.jpg (64KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4bd.jpg
64KB, 1000x1000px
>10 combat trials levels
>9 belts and 1 shirt
what's the fucking point.
>>
>>188119116
>parry
>harder to land than the others
Is this what Forsakenbabbies actually believe?
>>
>>188119746

Neither of which matters in the context of the fact of what I wrote to you, you absolute retard. Read it again and actually address what's written there instead of making some loose argument that has absolutely no ground, especially making anecdotes that come out of nowhere.
>>
>>188111921
the move so good it already got a kotaku article written about it
>>
>>188119887
I play Windfall actually, Forsaken was my first character though, and I was blown away when I tried the other two styles at how much easier they all were to land. Kahlt takes some getting used to but it's still easier since direction doesn't matter. Windfall is definitely the easiest.
>>
File: 2017-09-03 10-26-10.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-03 10-26-10.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Finding someone who can actually chain-parry is a rare commodity, and actually pretty thrilling.
He kicked my shit in twice.
>>
>>188119831
You think that's cool? I got the same leather shoulder straps 4 times in a row. No color difference. No stat difference.
>>
>>188119947
I'm not even the guy I'm just telling you to stop being a tryhard
>>
I really wish they would fix Drunken Crane's hitbox ASAP. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have such an extended hitbox, as well as hidding middle for no apparent reason when you're still hitting higher up animation-wise than most hooks that only go top.
>>
they keep flaunting that bostaff in their previews and I am just getting more and more excited for it
>>
I swear stagger is fucking bugged
Every fucking hit option on dodge doesnt track, it doesnt hit hard, and it doesnt fucking hit anything unless they are clipping through you

who the fuck thought this was okay?
>>
File: 1450346088133.jpg (137KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1450346088133.jpg
137KB, 323x454px
>Viewing moves in the attack list menu doesn't preview them
>>
anybody on PC EU can help me unlock forsaken?
just need to block attacks

steamcommunity com/id/marcspc
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (226KB, 667x719px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
226KB, 667x719px
>>188120185
>tfw catching the flow of someone's entire deck and parrying everything
>>
Wouldn't it be epic if they added a V for Vendetta mask!!
>>
>>188122118
sorry i made this post i thought it would be funny but it's cursed
>>
>>188091632
>Fighting game on 30fps
Disgusting
>>
Just started playing yesterday and I'm not sure I'm getting the hang of it. Had to turn off online due to lag, and every fight with an NPC feels like just a back and forth until they decide to not block my roundhouses and haymakers.

Was picking Khalt and just using the hard hitting and cool looking attacks a mistake? For some reason I thought this game had grabs and figured Khalt would be the one most likely to suplex someone.
>>
>>188122314
Hackers or low FPS, I'll always pick low FPS.
>>
>>188093939
Jesus dude just jse the task manager.
>>
>>188122512
Enjoy your cinematic experience.
>>
>>188122327
Make a new character and try out Forsaken or Windfall, they're both more immediately understandable for a beginner.
>>
File: 1405792188240.png (1MB, 1165x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1405792188240.png
1MB, 1165x1079px
>>188122512
>hackers
Ah, the go-to excuse for shitters. Makes sense.
>>
>>188122327

This:
>>188122816

Dunno what's wrong with Khalt, but I took to Windfall immediately after switching.
>>
>>188121559
Works for me :^)

But seriously, the dodge attacks all have a perfect attack window so you're supposed to use them to quickly start up your combos after avoiding an attack
>>
>>188122327

The big thing is all about attacks countering each other, so a lot of thought needs to go into your deck and what's immediately available with a single button press from what stances, and what kinds of attacks you want to be weaving in when you're putting on the spam. You can do things like flying kicks that strike downward and forward to punish sweeps, rising uppercuts that punish jumps, sidestepping attacks that punish forward attacks, and so on. There are also hyperarmor attacks, attacks that specifically break hyperarmor, attacks that drain huge amounts of stamina if blocked (thus leading to easy guardbreaks), and attacks are easier or harder to dodge on a not-exactly-specified basis - some will track like a guided missile and others fly wide if your opponent so much as twitches.

You have to be able to do quick attacks to punish slow windups and feel out your opponent. You have to be able to do heavy hitting attacks to punish guardbreaks. You have to be able to duck, jump, sidestep. You have to be able to use breaking attacks to get past turtles. Regardless of your defensive style, a huge amount of thought has to go into your deck, or else you're bringing a knife to a gun fight - and you have to train a lot with your deck to be able to do everything it's capable of.

For your information, Khalt is, despite being the easiest to use, the hardest to get to an advantage with for a newbie. The important realization is that the bigger the hit you absorb, the more stamina you recover from it - and since you avoid hitstun, you punish post-absorb with a fast attack before they recover. You have to be constantly attacking, always at low stamina, and then using your opponent's attempts to punish you to refill and keep on going. Newbie aren't going to have the filled-out movelists and knowledge of how to build their combos and rotate through them all the time to perpetually be in a state where they can take advantage of the refill.
>>
File: fa.jpg (133KB, 529x991px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
133KB, 529x991px
i the shoulder, undertop, overtop & elbow mix but dont have any /fa/shion boots, pants or mask..
>>
>>188093847
launch steam and the game in offline mode, that was the only way i could get bosses to trigger and mobs to spawn outside of the first zone i log in on
>>
>>188122958
Khalt has seriously slow startup on all of its basic moves, and its defensive method is super unsatisfying compared to stonewalling a strike or dodging it completely.
>>
Finding moves out in the world is a real pain. Anyone tried discord for move trading? How are your experiences?
>>
>>188123374
Especially since you have to hit to regain the lost health which is easier said than done with the slow-startup hits that you mentioned. Kahlt is seriously some tough shit.
>>
>>188114291
kick decks look so fucking cool, where'd you get that avoid low kick?
>>
>>188123671

Which one? I use like 3 in the webm. But generally, bird village or the stagger-style npcs basically has most the moves I use.
>>
>>188119351
you can join schools before you can create them anon, don't think there's a threshold for it
>>
File: 20170903115729_1.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903115729_1.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
Got some weird mask. Green n' shit, despite the fact that the description says it's made out of alabaster.
>>
>>188123743
how do you deal with quick attacks with your deck? Is it reliance on guarding + dodge moves?
>>
>>188123876

Parry, or dodge moves. Usually the first 1 - 2 rounds against someone is pretty painful if they use a quick-hit deck where I want to learn the patterns so I know where to parry.

Honestly, I have much more problems with people using slow decks because I'm so used to fighting quick decks that I parry on reaction to movement, and then get hit by a big fuckoff haymaker in the parry-miss stun.
>>
>>188123743
oh yeah whoops, I was talking about the cool one at 2-3 seconds, I'm at bird village rn so I'll have a look. Are there any stagger school beyond the jinn?
>>
>>188092385
>That stagger whirly doodle in the bottom right stance
Very un-Khalt my dude
>>
>>188124032

Yeah, they pop up after you beat the game and become an Absolver. Once that happens, basically randomizes enemies everywhere with a small bias for certain enemies in areas, and stagger-style enemies pop up fucking everywhere with moves that not even Jinn has. But the kick in particular you can get from Aba or Ama or whatever the Marked One is called in the Bird Village. She'll usually do a right jump kick into a right jump kick into that one kick.
>>
>>188092385

There's only 3 charged moves.
>>
anybody has khalt school I can join for unlocking it?
also would be nice if we can train for unlocking it
PC EU
>>
File: Is this retarded.jpg (33KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
Is this retarded.jpg
33KB, 665x574px
>Fucking PROSPECT GEAR is in the drop list for multiplayer
>>
>>188124785

All pieces of gear found in the drops from the combat trials are a slight bit better than the stuff you find dropped from the enemies. Even the prospect gear.

I really want to find the prospect top from trials, the normal shirt looks sick.
>>
>>188124296
ty ty gonna go listen to some podcasts and grind rn
>>
File: 1496469642722.png (270KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1496469642722.png
270KB, 665x574px
>>188124904
NO I MEAN THE STARTING GEAR THAT STARTS IN PERFECT CONDITION
>>
File: q.png (96KB, 616x250px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
96KB, 616x250px
>Library
>>
Literally every single Dark Souls related name has dashed off and tried to heal when I've fought them. And literally every time, they get Gravity'd after they cast it and they don't seem to realize that Gravity stops it if left unblocked so they become so much more aggressive, thinking they're gonna heal up.
>>
>>188125965

Real talk, the heal and heal over time is fucking tiny and makes basically no difference by itself. It's the resulting lifesteal that gives it strength.

If someone pops heal and is able to confirm a combo without getting tickled once in the next flurry of blows, they deserve that heal.
>>
>>188126840

I definitely agree but that said using the heal after winning a round to repair some extra damage is a great way to maintain a lead since you are pretty much assured to get the full 20% or whatever it is it heals.
>>
Whoever just spent 3 minutes teaching be the slap in Combat Trials

Sorry for ankle kicking you so much. Thanks for the slap
>>
>>188126840

I'm aware, it's just a funny observation that currently 100% of the 7 people I've fought with Dark Souls names have all used shockwave->heal and then tried to run around and let it heal them.
>>
>>188125965
Soulsbabbies can't into real skill, news at 11.
>>
File: 20170903131143_1.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903131143_1.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
>>188118521

12 minutes too late, dangit.
>>
So I have not seen it in this thread but in the last one I saw multiple people saying that you cannot chain the staggered Dodge into a combo. Were they just stupid or what because you definitely can
>>
this game is absolute fucking shit.
>>
>Am australian
>Supposedly australian servers are out, but i keep getting matched with people from china and india
The fuck is this?
I'm happy to wait more than 5 minutes for a match if it guarantees i'm not facing a fucking chink, because host advantage makes it complete ass for either player.
>>
>>188127138

/v/ is that way lost Prospect
>>
>>188125965
>gravity stops regen
good to know
>>
>>188127138
Wanna give a reason as to why or are you just going to whinge?
>>
>>188127205
shit servers, button mashy gameplay, no skill required, no direction. it's shit. devs should kill themselves.
>>
>>188127145
if australian servers are full it sends players to asia server
>>
>>188127145
Oceanic server fellow Ausbro, we'll never get good shit.
>>
>>188127319
how do you australians play anything
didn't your PM say something about "Australians don't need fast internet"?
>>
>>188127293

Here's your (You) little buddy that totally earned it
>>
update when
>>
>>188127379
Our previous PM, the luddite Catholic semonary dropout. Current one advocated for better internet but got overruled by the conservative cucks who would rather spend money on dumb shit like a FTTN network that's slower than the DSL that lots of people are already on.
>>
>>188127203

I tried to find the footage, but I couldn't. Gravity can kill 1-hp people.
>>
>>188127551
Australia's politics seem all kinds of fucked up. I'd have imagined the australians to be very liberal in general (not in the meme american sense, but more generally so), instead you have these freaky conservatives who think 0,5 mbits/s is acceptable infrastructure for a modern country.
>>
>get absolutely smashed by the same guy for five matches
>finally start to take rounds off him
>tenth and last round is my first win
Feels good
>>
>>188127738
Nah, Australia is a very conservative country overall. We're racist as fuck and anti-intellectual to the core, despite every worthwhile Australian contribution to the world coming in the medical sector.
>>
Im looking for Underknee kick and scissor kick, does anyone know where i can find them?
>>
>>188127850
And yet you have HDI scores flowing out of your ears. Must've done something right.
>>
>>188127954
>Must've done something right.
Kept the darkies as a minority it seems.
>>
>>188114291
Are you online? I want to join your school.
>>
>>188128052

I'm at the Bridge. I'll do my usual, I'll set the keyword to legwork. I'll assume you are EU.
>>
>friend is shit at dark souls and always ends up rage quitting
>tells me to buy this game so we can play it
>look it up
>wonder why he likes it because the main reason he sucks at dark souls is he tries to play it like a button masher and never does anything like attack baiting or whatever
>get absolver anyway
>he plays it like a button masher and never does anything like attack baiting or whatever
>ends up rage quitting

dunno what I expected
can't co-op bosses either so when we are playing I'm spending most of the time sitting around waiting for him to beat a boss

anyway is there any more content after ticking off the marked ones on the map?
or is it just move grinding and pvp?
>>
>>188128337
Incoming, i'd downloading right now so i will be lagging.
>>
>>188128363
In this case it's no meme, PVE really is training for PVP.
>>
>>188128416

You need to go through the recently met players > find my name and then press "join school" to get in. No input from me, I can hear you moving around so I assume you're emoting or something.
>>
>>188128458
can't really be bothered with the pvp in this game
I was trying it yesterday and literally every single one of about 10 matches was against the one guy (with full exiting and everything in between)
>>
>>188127917
Not sure where I got them, but if you're eu pc I can teach them to you
Alternatively go check out essence reserves, the long and short cape npcs there have a bunch of kicks
Also the npcs in birdcaller's with the poncho with three yellow dots on them
>>
>>188128582
Done and done, i will be a student in your school until i can create my Muay thai shcool.
>>
>>188128623

Cheerio. Go and kick people in the head.
>>
>>188128623
It's called Forsaken, bud.
>>
>>188128620
What region and platform? Im EU PC>>188128681
>>
>>188128713
>>188128681
Whoops fucked up there, was gonna say that Muay Thai deck isn't only Forsaken moves.
>>
My Heal and schockwave have dissapeared from my inventory, how do i get them back?
>>
>>188129019
I've seen people say to quit out of the game entirely then start it again.
>>
>>188129234
That didn't work, shame since heal is the best ability.
>>
File: 52367.jpg (85KB, 1200x791px) Image search: [Google]
52367.jpg
85KB, 1200x791px
>His style is not windfall
>>
>>188128713
Not sure if you replied to the wrong guy, but as I said I'm also eu pc
If you're the one looking for scissor kick and underknee kick feel free to add me, steam url is crvnsq
>>
Rolling a new character, any of you PCucks wanna co op?
>>
>>188129768
>co op
It's fucking nothing, unless you want to spar and trade skills.
>>
File: 20170903211209_1.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903211209_1.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
What gives, why can't i equip this on alternatives?
>>
>>188130042
because it finishes in the same stance
>>
>>188130042

Depends what its start up frame is. And if its a back start up or a forward start up.

Just because it ends in left doesn't mean it is left.
>>
>3 trials with 3 faggots from god-knows-where lagging the shit up and winning
fucking hell
>>
>fighting guy
>lagging, teleporting non-stop
>nothing but quick moves
>has shockwave
>it's the ledge map
fucking epic
>>
what is the timing on moves like Surging Palm and Testuzanko? it seems to be very inconsistent when avoiding thrust attacks
>>
>>188092385
Isn't this setup really easy to defend against?
Lets say you start from top right, you have a 3 move string which loops into itself and doesn't pressure guards, then your only alternate from it is a Haymaker. People can hold block until they see the Haymaker and will easily figure out the 3 move string.
>>
I need to learn Forsaken. Anyone in a school for it that wants to send me an invite? My in-game name is Meyrink, I'm US region.
>>
>Chose Kahlt
>Didn't realize it was the school the devs hated with a passion and that the defensive is completely useless and is a shittier block
>Can't do jack shit to all the metatards spamming wide kicks and light attack because block don't registers, absorb is useless, and it's impossible to get into the stance with the counter because getting hit reset the stance you're in.

How retarded were the devs to not see the meta coming?
>>
>>188131932
>Didn't realize it was the school the devs hated with a passion
Link an url to this please.
>>
>>188132036
have you no reading comprehension?
>>
>>188131932
the parry and windfall dodge aren't nearly as good as you think

at level 60, almost everyone has loaded every string with mixups, and aren't running anything especially easy to read. i honestly almost never parry anymore since it's not worth it to risk taking 150 damage to parry and deal 40 with a parry jab, it's almost always better to wait for an opportunity to sideways dodge or go for a sweep while they're hitting high

absorb isn't a defensive ability at all. it's a pressure tool. you hammer your opponent with hard-to-read heavies while absorbing whenever they try to hit back, effectively keeping them starved for stamina
>>
File: Disgusting.jpg (9KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.jpg
9KB, 199x200px
>>188129516

>His style is windfall

Windfall is the most broken thing is this game. all their super Armour.Armour breaks. the ability to just spam dodge five times with no drawbacks. Free stam gain. I made and windfall and its a fucking joke. The game becomes a cake walk.
>>
>>188132210
>no source
You made a claim. Now prove it.
>>
>>188132354
I'm not the guy
he obviously meant it as his own interpretation
he is saying that the class sucks
often when a class or style in a game sucks its considered that the devs neglect it because they don't care for it and have favouritism for others
>>
>>188132435
Maybe he's just bad and the class is fine.
>>
>>188132510
I don't disagree with that, all I'm saying is that he didn't mean that the devs literally said they don't care for the class
>>
>>188130784
They really need to just remove the tower and library, I've never seen anyone, even outside this place, say a single good thing about them unless it was shitters desperately mashing shockwave every time they can.
>>
more low attacks when
>>
>>188132229
The PvP counter to Windfall is to have a string full of fast swinging moves that will catch side dodges and force people to guess high/low while recovering fast enough that they get little/nothing if they do manage to dodge it.

The PvP counter to Forsaken is to stagger your attacks with feints and slower moves to throw people's timing off.

Staggered attacks can lose to people who just jab in the gaps, or regular dodge out. Strings of fast swinging moves that catch dodges are just good in general. Forsaken is better in PvP than Windfall because fighting Forsaken forces you to use more punishable options.
>>
>>188132354
>Forsaken stuns people and break combos
>Windfall can avoid any move
>Stagger can avoid everything too with extra damage

Meanwhile Kahlt literally does nothing, you cannot absorb and counter with a punch when someone is spamming golden light blows, all it does is delay the damage you're taking. If you have time to absorb you have time to block, and blocking is all around easier.

The stamina gain on successfully absorbing is worthless, again, because there is literally no way for your character to follow up with an attack if the guy in front of you just spams quick attacks or attack who dodge the move you cannot do because you're forced into a stance
>>
>>188132836
I read it that way, but I assumed he meant it literally because people around here usually do. Most anons are delusional with rage over the pettiest things and distort reality on purpose to emphasize their need to feel validation.
>>
>>188133157
lmfao

the thing this game needs is quicker mid attacks

everyone's spamming sweeps because all the sweeps are just as fast as mid attacks, so there's no reason to actually be running standing mid hitting stuff
>>
File: 2017-09-03 15-05-00.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-03 15-05-00.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
It's always fun when the enemy lags so much that /I/ can't do anything.

At least it worked itself out when he hit me once before because previous to this nonsense, I couldn't even move. Couldn't even swap stance, it'd just slap me back in the old one. Decided to spam dodge until he killed me, but not that it helped much with the general lag when he had a 5-punch string that comes out all at once.
>>
>>188133239
>He doesn't have charged abilities set to his alternates so he can absorb and then get a free attack in to heal and go on the offensive.
>>
>>188133239
That's not how you use it. It's an offensive ability, not a defensive one. You sound like you don't know what you're talking about, no offense.
>>
>>188132229
>he doesn't know armor breaks are useless
>he doesn't windfall instant loses against sweep - sweep chains
>he doesn't know windfall is the weakest style in the game
shitters never leaern
>>
>>188133524
>he actually avoids left-right instead of up-down in this sweep-heavy meta
>he doesn't know that hyper armor is meta and have at least one armor break alternative attack to deal with it
>he thinks windfall is weaker than stagger
shitters never learn
>>
>>188133421
And how do you use it? It's good to take back stamina but then the other guy is still going to spam light attacks which you can't interrupt or dodge because everyone runs a full sweeping deck with bullshit reach.
>>
>>188133643
how you dodge up-down?
is that windfall exclusive?
>>
>>188133919
Yes, only windfall can dodge up and down. That's it's strength. You can jump over sweeps and duck under abusive horizontal overheads like drunken paw.
>>
>>188133643
Armour breaks aren't the counter to Haymakers. You should be dealing with them on reaction, not pressing slow punishable attacks on a guess and hoping you catch them.
>>
>>188134048
>guessing
It's called a read. And armor breakers are not slow, they beat every hyper armor move in the game by design, as intended. Git gud.
>>
>>188133643
>admits hyper armor moves are strong
>denies that having one at any point in any string isn't

Where did the stagger touch you?
>>
>>188134198
>Making "reads" against attacks that every class can see and dodge on reaction.
Enjoy your 50/50s while I'm here doing guaranteed punishes.
>>
>>188133390
Shit's fucking weird, dude.
Seems that almost everything that happens is dictated upon the host's client.
<50ms it's almost unnoticeable, Around 100-200MS it's pretty much impossible for the person that isn't host to dodge or parry.
I take it we're seeing something well over 500ms there where the host client simply doesn't even register your abilities for seconds at a time
>>
File: 2017-09-01 20-28-15.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01 20-28-15.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>188134306

Although, I do prefer something stupid like that, that technically gets "fixed" on a death, than something like this where you're suddenly fighting for the fourth dragon ball.
>>
>>188134446
I have to admit, I've had a good chuckle at the instant-transmission fights that happen, even if they're a clusterfuck completely devoid of mechanics
>>
File: 1481849851684.png (206KB, 748x639px) Image search: [Google]
1481849851684.png
206KB, 748x639px
I can easily do very well with Kahlt, Forsaken, and Windfall, however I get the most enjoyment out of Stagger style even though I'm not that great at it, maybe only win 30 to 40% of my games with it where as with the other stances, I win about 90% of the time. What does a good deck look like with Stagger style? I also feel like I use way more stamina with combos when in stagger than the others.
>>
>>188131665

It only loops back on itself if you just R1 spam, both the 1st and 2nd moves end in the top left stance so you can also just throw in a pause or a dodge in there to switch stances. It's a pretty important concept actually, knowing that it's not only the final move of a string that switches stances.

That said the first stance isn't really meant to pressure guards, it uses a fairly fast and good reaching kick to space people and get in a few hits. I'm generally not getting in on people and just mashing trying to gold chain forever, I get in a few hits and back off or dodge to the side or block and find a place I can dodge and counterattack.
>>
>>188096137
>Windfall Dex Weapon
anyone already doing this? don't want to start another Windmeme charakter but i want a weapon gale pretty bad
>>
>illusion twist kick
does anyone ever hit anyone with this?
>>
File: 20170901203146_1.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170901203146_1.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>188134569

Not to mention, this.

>when you lag so hard that you suddenly ascend to final bossdom.
>>
>>188124331

Well shit. Good to know, at least.

>>188124223

Double hit moves are too good, can't help it.
>>
>>188134860

I do, all the time. A good like, 50% of people like to start with low sweeps, so I hit them with Illusion Twist Kick. It's much faster than it looks like in the training room, for some reason.
>>
why doesn't everyone just wear the most resistant and heaviest shit possible? it's practically impossible to catch up to trying to keep distance
>>
>>188133524

Nigger what system you on so I can whoop your ass real quick. Fucking Windfags talking shit.
>>
>>188134904

Hey Voreman how do I add you. I want to fight you. Are you NA?
>>
So windfall is the worst class right?
>Every class has dodge anyway
>Aren't gaurenteed any bonus for using your class' dodge
>Need to track 4 directions of dodge
>Need to know the exact right time to doge against moves
>Most moves seem to track your doge anyway because fuck you
>>
>>188134647

I haven't tried it yet, but there were some people talking about an all-dodge-moves deck might work well with stagger in voxel's stream last night. Was thinking of making one today in fact. There are at least like, 2 guardbreak moves that also count as dodge moves like the jumping elbow strike, so you can still have some versatility.

The moves with the arrows pointing down or up or to the side. Apparently they all scale with mobility so you just wear super light shit and go stagger. Don't know if it'll be any good but it should be interesting.
>>
>>188135439

No anon. Kahlt is the worse. I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE OF THESE FUCKERS IN LIKE 30 HOURS!
>>
Is there any way to delete duplicate equipment from the inventory?
>>
>>188134647

Are you NA. Add me and I'll show some tricks. I am a hundred percent stagger. that means the school, deck, and weapons. Do not fall into the garbage trap most stagger players do. Stagger is fun as fuck and can be deadly as all hell.
>>
>>188135550
windfall is literally counter intuitive though, much of the time you get punished for trying your class' special instead of just blocking
>>
>>188135326

I'm not NA, no. And there's a region lock currently, so we'll have to wait until after the patch that removes the region lock from invites to do battle.
>>
File: 1447145808753.gif (2MB, 162x149px) Image search: [Google]
1447145808753.gif
2MB, 162x149px
you know what bugs me

>forsaken and kahlt have realistic moves that obey the laws of physics and look sensible
>you can easily parry them on reaction because the character's body moves in a logical flow

>windfall and drunken master especially have cuh-razy physics-defying meme moves that either shouldn't hurt at all because there's no weight behind any of it
>going on your knees or leaning behind and flailing your fists like a retard deals the same amount of damage as a very strong-looking forsaken kick

i feel like using forsaken/kalht moves is bad because they look logical instead of dumb anime bullshit
>>
File: 1499708242662.jpg (91KB, 200x350px) Image search: [Google]
1499708242662.jpg
91KB, 200x350px
>fight some NPCs with a guy
>pause then guy attacks me
>I defeat him and revive him
>he immediately pulls out a sword and attacks me
>I disarm him and beat him to death again with his own sword
>revive him again
>forgot I had like 15 - 20% HP so he kills me with his sword
>does the "No no" emote and doesn't revive
I don't know what I expected

(I love FFA PvP)
>>
>>188135550
kahlt is probably the hardest style to play against good parry king\dodge bro\swagger, or maybe its just me, im forsaken and just guessing.
>>
What level do you need to join a school?

Is there a Forsaken school?
>>
>>188135550

Kahlt is great, several streamers main Kahlt, whatchumean?

Couple of people in this thread, myself included, main Kahlt. It's not noob friendly so maybe that's why you haven't run into many like memesaken because muh parry king meme? It has the largest stamina boost in the game but a lot of people think it gives you poise or some shit when it doesn't.
>>
>Be Me
>BE stagger bro
>See another stagger bro
>OH COOL! LETS HAVE A GOOD FITE!
>He just spams his lunge attack into the spin attack
>Catch on and learn how to counter it.
>He still spams lunge into spin
>Beat his ass 3/0
>He quits

I am seeing a lot of staggers do this cheese. The worst part is its easy as fuck to counter. I guess because it does low and the low is hard to dodge and shit. But still. AT LEAST KNOW SOMETHING ELSE! YOU GIVIN MY SCHOOL A BAD NAME!
>>
>>188135991
desu, people should not get revived with full health.

>>188136432
Kahlt is just fucking annoying.

Stagger is the objectively best style.
>>
>>188135636
What's your steam IP, papa?
>>
>>188136432
I also stick to Khalt and have been finding it to be a pretty good at keeping up pressure, I've gone through a couple fights using it to absorb an enemy poke that would try to put me on the defense and then just hit them back with a charged attack to keep on pummeling them without stopping my tempo.

Feels really great when you absorb back up to full stamina off of a bunch of quick jabs to, and stuff a slightly slower attack with your own opener and heal everything back.
>>
File: 1498788147825.jpg (55KB, 687x663px) Image search: [Google]
1498788147825.jpg
55KB, 687x663px
>>188135856
i was studying some of martial arts myself and its really satisfying for me to use deck most of moves i can pull off myself like mawashi or pushed back breaker kick (ushiro geri) and such.

And then you see those idiots with 360 spintowin crap
>>
>tfw a guy literally quits out of a match to join your school

obaby
>>
File: 20170903101733_1.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903101733_1.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
Easiest unlock of my life. Now to get windfall and I'll have all 4 unlocked.
>>
Running out of stamina should have the same effect as your guard being broken
>>
File: maximum snownigga.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maximum snownigga.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Wish sound worked for webms on 4ch, had a song on that was syncing perfectly.
>>
where abouts is the tower of adal marked one?
>>
>>188137015

Upload to mixtape.moe then.
>>
>>188128363
ouch, that me
>>
>>188137041
>From the pillar thing
>go through the buiding
>after you cross the room, there will be some stairs to your right
>go UNDER them
>clench your anus
>>
File: snownigga drunkard.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snownigga drunkard.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 2017-09-03 16-12-23.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-03 16-12-23.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>this guy whips out a pair of gloves instead of a sword
>decide to give them a whirl

Having only used kicks for so long, jesus christ punches feel so much responsive, and so much faster. I almost miss them a little bit now. But no, I've committed to a style now.
>>
>>188136921
how do you master a style? anyway I've been fighting with Stagger for some time and I just don't really see anything that tells me how far I am on it or anything.
>>
>>188137321
Dodge with your style dodges for hours.

works best if you use a friend.
>>
>>188136921
>>188137380
>dodge with your style dodges for hours
So you're saying if I tap back and forth with Windfall dodge for hours I'll get Forsaken's parry?
>>
>>188137316
Oh hey, that's me.

And it clearly wasn't my best match please help, what did I do wrong
>>
>>188137321
>>188137630

You join the school of someone with the style you don't have, then you use it successfully over and over enough times. There's a bar that fills up similar to learning moves, works the same way (if you die you lose the progress).

The swamp dude miniboss is perfect for it since he goes left-right-left-right punches moves most of the time, very predictable.
>>
what the fuck is the point of parry in this game

if i know what side the attack is coming from, i'll just dodge

even if i mess up the timing, i'll still have high chance of dodging the attack
>>
>>188138238
You stun the enemy, meaning they cant attack for like a second, so you can start bashing their skulls in.
>>
>>188138238
You won't be saying this once you start running into enough of the sweeps and wide moves that can't be default dodged out of.
>>
>>188136594

Wimp Lo

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198150248607
>>
Where the fuck is the girl with the slap move????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>188137685

You tried, that's what matters.

A few tips from me at least.

Your strings are very fast, but they don't really do much damage to anybody who is the slightest bit more armored like myself. I'd add in some mixup there, like a rolling uppercut or whatever they're called that lets you dodge highs. Some sweep that you can feint-skip to if need be.

Get Drunk Crane, it's probably one of the best string-starting punches in the game because of it's stupidly massive hitbox and the fact that it hits middle rather than high, so people can't low-sweep it.

You used your Khalt as a defensive tool to try to remove pressure, use it offensively instead. Whenever I'm winding up some big fuckoff kick, Khalt up and then haymaker or some other punch. Those Khalt people are really difficult to deal with because you never get a moment of reprieve to check the situation.

And also, feint. Once I figured out the sequence in your combo, I almost parried you every time after the first jab. Feints are distinctly made to fuck up Forsakens and if I'm stuck in the parry-lock, you can open up with a big fuckoff smack right in the eyesocket.

That's about it. Take it with a grain of salt though, I have a pretty niche playstyle that I haven't deviated from so I don't know what makes for better general decks.
>>
>>188138507
what is the slap move everyone keep mentioning
>>
>>188138625
It's literally just a regular slap. Does negligible damage afaik.
>>
>>188138625
it is Calbot.
you get an achievement for unlocking it.
But it doesn't combo into itself like the npc can.
it's just a fast slap that deals like 15 damage.
>>
>>188138295
you get the same opening from a dodge more or less

>>188138325
even against sweeps it just feels awkward. i'd rather take my chances with a dodge or a haymaker, considering that sweep can always turn out to actually be a stagger meme move that doesn't behave logically at all
>>
>>188139524
lol, no

You don't interrupt their combo just dodging.

You doge to the side and they spin,
you gonna eat that kick.
>>
>win some, lose some, still trying to figure shit out
>check out absolver on twitch, truetalent is the most popular atm
>"i haven't lost once in 5 days, trying to see how long i can go without losing ever"

welp, fuck me I guess
>>
>>188138796
Ending a match with this must be satisfying as fuck though.
>>
>>188139925
He's really good. Don't worry about it. If you're dedicated to improving, there will be more people that are worse than you than people who are better because most people don't give a shit about learning.
>>
Anyone on eu pc got sidewind thrust? Got every other move if you need any
>>
Are there any other soulslike fighting games out there, or is Absolver the only one atm?

As someone coming from dark souls 3 I'm fucking loving this game. Even the PvE farming for moves and fashion is seriously chill as fuck, people say it's shit but I actually enjoy bullying the NPC's and learning their combos until they become predictable. I feel like those kind of skills carry over to PvP as well, I feel like I'm starting to pay more attention to people's strings they use over and over now.

PvE: Chill, not too stressful, can have something going on in the background like music or a stream, generally don't feel too pressured.
PvP: The fucking opposite. Probably one of the most intense emotional experiences I've had in a game in a long time, when you lose sometimes you fucking rage like crazy and when you win sometimes it feels ecstatic. Super stressful and requires your full attention, but in a good way.

People keep saying the PvE is shit but I actually really enjoy just chilling in offline mode while listening and half-watching """pro""" PvP absolver streams to try to learn what I can, a lot. Like, a LOT.
>>
>>188140127

No he's not, lmao. He literally just spams, like he does in every single other game he plays. You can even tell that if he loses a single round he gets his asshole so clenched up that he just bites it together and goes "Nnghmh, good round, good round ye ye." - as usual, as he does in every game.

Or perhaps he just goes back to his old fun times in MKX and For Honor where, if he was about to lose, he'd always just start flicking his lagswitch. I wish I remember what channel it was that had pretty obvious proof of it in For Honor. Gonna try to look it up. Which would make it even funnier because if he's the host, the audience can't even tell that he'd be lagswitching in this.
>>
>Killed Jinn like two dozen times now
>Refuses to drop his mask or anything
>>
>>188140506
but then if he hasn't lost a best of 5 in the past 5+ days with "literally just spamming", what does that say about the game, then?
>>
>>188139524
usually dodge to a jab is enough to interrupt a combo

and usually when i try to parry a big kick, my first thought afterwards is "why didn't i just jab instead" considering that's the only punish i can really get out of it

and for some reason, parrying is the only thing in the game that has input queueing.

>oops, you mistimed your parry while blocking, now you gotta eat the NEXT attack as well that first one you fucked up

there even appears to be a wind-up to the parry, so the total amount of things that can go wrong with it are:

>you might do it too early and eat an attack
>you might do it too late and eat 2 attacks
>you might do it in wrong direction, as if it's possible to know what direction the "lean backwards and throw 2 punches" stagger move comes from
>you might have attempted it against a gold-stringed attack, in which case you never had a chance to even parry it in the first place (but you'll still take the damage you fucking retard)
>>
>>188140504
pve is chill as fuck mane, dont pay attention to the fools
>>
>>188140506
>Or perhaps he just goes back to his old fun times in MKX and For Honor where, if he was about to lose

proofs? i want to see this
>>
>>188140804
>"why didn't i just jab instead" considering that's the only punish i can really get out of it
Buffer your attacks and you can get a 100+ damage hit in, like side kick
>>
>>188140717
Nothing really, the game's been out for a total of 5 days, so there's still waves of poor faggots who bought this thinking it was just Jackie Chan Souls who have no idea how to function in even a loose fighting game.
>>
>>188140717

Though, he's lying when he said he hasn't lost in 5 days. He lost to a guy, the guy came onto the stream and gloated and he banned said guy during his recent Absolver streams, so either he refuses to "count" that loss, or he's absolutely delusional.
>>
quoted the post, meant this post >>188140804 for this post >>188139636

>>188140950
buffer??????????????
>>
File: T_Pictos_TearSet_02_Shoulder_01.png (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
T_Pictos_TearSet_02_Shoulder_01.png
21KB, 256x256px
anybody know the location of the npcs that wear this set?
>>
>guy I'm up against repeatedly breaks through my stagger forward dodge with a single jab
What the fuck?
>>
File: 20170903_111955.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170903_111955.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>188140504
>when you lose sometimes you rage like crazy
I raged so hard after beating a guy 3-0 and then losing the rematch 2-3 that I hurled a school binder across the room and dented my wall. Pic related.
>>
>>188140504
>People keep saying the PvE is shit but I actually really enjoy just chilling in offline mode while listening and half-watching """pro""" PvP absolver streams to try to learn what I can

Same, I don't get where people whine about the PvE so much, it's relaxing and I can really work on memorizing how things look, the timings and learning the beat for gold stringing my own moves and all that shit.
>>
>>188140804
Watch necronamasal's vod's on twitch, he's the best Forsaken out there, or at least he won the beta tournament
>>
>>188141439
>Watch necronamasal's vod's on twitch, he's the best Forsaken out there, or at least he won the beta tournament

for what reason
>>
>>188141163

As cited by Buddha.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
>>
File: feels.jpg (19KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
19KB, 620x576px
>>188141163

I know that feel man. I know that feel.

You know what the worst thing is, though? When you and the other guy are both super low health and his move happens to land just a millisecond before yours does so you die and he gets a heal. Hammerfisted my desk so hard I thought I sprained it lol.
>>
>>188141105
They spawn after you reach level 40 or something, they're all over the place but I farmed them at the colloseum. Check the arena itself, the room with the stairs up and the short landing before Ristael

>>188141512
So you learn how to properly use your parries? Isn't that what you're bitching about, being bad at parrying?
>>
Can some Prospect suggest me some good podcasts about news\gaming while i grind my pve stuff?
>>
>>188141428
Exactly, exactly. It's just chill af I love it. I actually like collecting new moves too, feels good when I run into an NPC that has a move I don't have yet I'm like "oh, neat, new shit". And it's useful too, like you said you can practice and get used to the attack strings of different mobs because they generally just have like 2 strings they use over and over again, or fight the minibosses which are kind of like duels but not really.
>>
>>188141646
Not exactly what you're looking for, but No Such Thing as a Fish is what I listen to. It's a bunch of researchers sitting around sharing and discussing their favorite thing they learned that week. It's pretty much a podcast of fun facts.
>>
>>188140942
>>188140506
>proofs? i want to see this
2nd
>>
>>188140942
>>188141970

Still searching for it. I have to go back through my browser history around february or march.
>>
File: 20170903_113132.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170903_113132.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>188141609
>hammerfisted my desk so hard I thought I sprained it
stop being me ;_;
>>
>>188141627
>>So you learn how to properly use your parries? Isn't that what you're bitching about, being bad at parrying?

this post has no relevance to my post whatsoever
>>
>>188142121
Shit, be careful anon. Keep hitting your desk like that it'll pick up the move and come right back at you with it.
>>
What are the level at which you can refight bosses? I'm level 40 and finished my third fight with Kuretz (additionnaly, he has extra dialog if you fight him a fourth time), and I don't want to go all up the Tower or to the Outpost to see if I can refight the others yet.
>>
File: 1503124136934.png (1MB, 1690x941px) Image search: [Google]
1503124136934.png
1MB, 1690x941px
>>188141918
will check it out, thank you
>>
there's a new meme happening where i feel like i'm constantly outplaying my opponent, and then they get one string out and that takes out 30% of my health. they'll be at like 80% after 30 seconds of poking them with jabs and light kicks

is everyone at level 60 now using fucktons of armor or something?
>>
File: ss+(2017-09-03+at+05.41.27).png (32KB, 586x493px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-09-03+at+05.41.27).png
32KB, 586x493px
How angry does one have to be, to actually add someone else and moan at them in a chat?
>>
File: 1498782813562.jpg (157KB, 884x902px) Image search: [Google]
1498782813562.jpg
157KB, 884x902px
>>188142930
>been playing the game since day 1
>decent at pvp
>still no hatemail
what am I doing wrong
>>
>>188140679
Maybe get a friend with you to do it. There's more drops if you're in coop and both of you get the loot anyway.
>>
>>188143276
Existing. Kill your enemies
>>
File: 1501406362324.jpg (109KB, 823x744px) Image search: [Google]
1501406362324.jpg
109KB, 823x744px
>>188142930
Jesus how embarrassing.
>>
>start absolver
>get 5-0 in arena
>thought to myself "first loss will probably be to a good player"
>face a lagging trash can with super predictable moves
>lose because he teleports all across the map
its really sad bad players sometimes get rewarded
>>
File: ss+(2017-09-03+at+05.17.50).png (7KB, 577x51px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-09-03+at+05.17.50).png
7KB, 577x51px
>>188143276

Use a deck that isn't cookie cutter and you'll also get stuff like this.

>kick-deck
>spammy bullshit

I literally can't spam with my deck. That'll just get me killed.
>>
>>188143601
>match after that game crashes before its even loaded
are the devs serious
i mean, dayz didnt have this shit
>>
>>188143712
>front kick my opponent off the ledge 5 rounds in a row after gold linking him into the corner on that retarded plus-shaped rock map
>not even a single piece of hatemail
WHY. HOW ARE YOU NOT EVEN ANGRY??
>>
File: 2017-09-03 16-31-05.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-03 16-31-05.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>188143712

Which is this guy. Perhaps he should get some situational awareness before making claims about skill.
>>
>>188142129
>and usually when i try to parry a big kick, my first thought afterwards is "why didn't i just jab instead" considering that's the only punish i can really get out of it
This tells me you're bad at parrying
Watching a good Forsaken player could correct that wrong impression

Which part do you not understand?
>>
>>188144248
which part was wrong??? stay with me senpai
>>
>>188144315
see >>188140950

Don't worry, I'm here for you. Together we can make you understand
>>
what is there to do after you finish campaign?
are there more weapons to unlock besides the 2 swords and 1 set of wargloves?

what is behind the combat trials stuff?
>>
>>188144403
buffer?????????????? english doc
>>
>>188144405

You combat trials to level 30 - 40 - 50 to fight the bosses again, then 60 - 70 - 80 to fight them a final time. Might have the numbers wrong, I can't recall.

There are more weapons, yes. You get them from random drops for leveling up in combat trials.
>>
>>188144556
does anything change on the higher boss modes?
or just heatlh/damage numbers
can't be bothered if thats the only difference, none of them were interesting to fight first time around
>>
Anyone got some spicy profile comments?
>>
>>188144520
Queuing an attack by pressing its button while you're still in the animation of a different attack
>>
>>188144815
that doesn't guarantee a second punish??

you can buffer with a punishing jab too???
>>
>>188144743

They get one or two new moves each, nothing unique though. More health, no difference in damage really. They drop their respective chest-piece/mask. Twins drop a mask as well, for some odd reason.
>>
Feels good.
>>
>>188144923
Is ironic autism your only defense mechanism? How is that working out in real life for you?
>>
>>188145330
Mad
>>
>>188145451
u jelly m8? :^)
>>
File: 1440974529000.jpg (84KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1440974529000.jpg
84KB, 680x680px
>>188145330
Same, but I didn't get the achievement for it which annoys me.
>>
Anyone know where to learn Back Hop Wrist?
>>
>>188123517
It's here >>188096137

>>188134838
These are builds I theory crafted based on softcaps. "Weapon" is a bit misleading, but at around 16 Will effectively doubles your Tension Shard generation which makes saving up for a weapon more feasible. In actuality, there's a lot more it can do, and can be the "magic" build of the game. If you feel like grinding a weapon, it's a decent build. You don't lose that much hand-to-hand damage if you maintain a largely dex build.
>>
File: memecenter_crying_pepe.png (65KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
memecenter_crying_pepe.png
65KB, 412x351px
>most of the strong meta stuff is goofy breakdancing ballerina bullshit
>>
>>188145890

Same actually, even switched back from my last one (windfall) to rakkio's NPC school again and still nothing. Is it bugged or something?
>>
>>188146030
Jinn, probably. Otherwise just from PvP: it's a popular move.
>>
>>188142930
im going to start making a collage of these

but we also need an absolver version of the feels good guy rubbing his face
>>
>truetalent still hasn't lost a single match all day today

feels fucking bad, man. is everyone just shit, or am i missing something here?
>>
File: 2017-09-03 18-15-39.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-03 18-15-39.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>guy acts cocky since I didn't bow to him
>at the end of the match he gives a thumbs up
>on his screen, he probably beat up some clueless retard
>on my screen i'm watching this guy unleash the fist of the north star

At least I know it won't lag much when I host unless it's a distance problem since I have a 250/100 connection. But we can't be all so lucky.
>>
Do you have to win all three rounds to retain move experience in PVP? I'm always way too distracted to pay attention to move learning during fights.
>>
>>188142930
>I'm reporting you anyways

lmao, good thing steam reports don't mean shit
>>
>>188146749

No just rounds. Every time you kill him you'll see the experience turn from blue to white and hear the ding sound.
>>
>have 3 characters
>2 kahlt .45s
>1 forskin
>100% winrate on 1 kahlt
>scared to pvp with him now

What have I done to myself?
>>
I'm honestly amazed how they had the balls to release a multiplayer game that shits itself every single time a person joins in.
I mean whats more fun than being beaten to shit by someone that isnt even on your screen?
Yea thats really fucking fun, thank you Absolver devs.
Yes i'm mad.
>>
File: 1434584212925.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1434584212925.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>188147494
>Playing only 1 game
>>
File: 20170903184011_1.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903184011_1.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
Regular advertisement if you need a Forsaken school on PC, EU. Do note, my chosen deck is 100% kicks.
>>
>>188146623
>all of his videos he just blocks then starts mashing when he thinks he has an opening
>never avoids
>never dodges
>opponents do the same if not worse

I guess EU is full of baddies
>>
>>188147792
can you post the gear you've got on
>>
File: 20170903184411_1.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903184411_1.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
>>188147895
>>
>>188148008
fly af desu
>>
>Level 45 in pvp
>Not a single cool mask to show for it

I just want the one that is also a hat.
>>
File: 1442431877533.png (1MB, 1047x937px) Image search: [Google]
1442431877533.png
1MB, 1047x937px
>>188147792
You are a cancer I enjoy beating every time. I fucking hate that a week in, there is already a meta. Video games have fallen so far from the light.
>>
>>188148573
I am level 85 and have gotten nothing but dupes of shit I already had. The one time I rolled a mask it was a Tear Chief mask.
>>
>>188148008
I don't think I have more than like 3 of those pieces, and I'm CT level 40. I keep getting all the same shitty gear you get from story, and tons of dupes.
>>
>>188148721

What are you talking about, Snake? Outside of Forsaken, there's pretty much nothing meta about my deck.
>>
>>188149040
He's whining about kicks because he doesn't understand that there are defensive options outside of dodging into people's slow fucking sweeps.
>>
>>188149040
Most peoples decks are starting to evolve into mostly/all kicking, and/or sweeping.
>>
>>188149361
>can't find npcs that sweep or kick
nice
therefore I will never be meta
>>
>Finally found a Kuretz student

If anyone needs Windfall on NA I'll be in the essence mines getting sword implants
>>
>he still rages over "kicks" as a general term instead of looking at them as sweeps or dodge attacks individually and countering them accordingly
I grind wins off of the people you get destroyed by
>>
>>188147792

You don't really need to get help from the internet to get all of the different styles in all honesty. I just ran around and toggled from encounters to invitations back and forth to get new people into my world, until I found someone with a school I didn't have that I could then join. The it's just a matter of going into offline mode and finding some close by mobs to use your ability on over and over until you keep it permanently, then go online to find someone from another style you need.
>>
>>188149627
can't find NPCs that sweep or kick

What?
>>188149784
I usually destroy people with the build, I just hate seeing so many people going into kicks. Reread the post.
>>
>>188149784
honestly i feel like people in general in this game don't understand the concept of "spacing" at all. like in dark souls if you have a spear you don't just fucking run into a guy with a straight sword and start R1 spamming, you try to position yourself just ouside of his hitbox and you move forwards and backwards until you can either punish a whiff, or he gets too close while being passive and you can land a free stab or two on him before backing off.

so many people just think this is "get in close and then gold chain until you run out of stamina: the game". never see anyone appreciating the ability to back off and outspace people.
>>
So I joined the npc school, can equip the movedeck, can't see any way to select stance though, even if it says in school menu it should be available. What I am doing wrong?

Also, do I learn the moves just by using the deck?
>>
>Walk around the world
>Pass through where Jinn can spawn between the city of Adal and the Twin bosses
>One random NPC sees me
>I start beating him to warm myself up
>He pulls out a large emerald sword

Shame you can't steal weapons off NPC. Can you get swords or wargloves in pvp?
>>
>>188150127
Select your fucking stance
You know when you meditate, there's a style tab? That shows your current style? Fucking click on it.

It works the same way as literally every other equippable in the fucking game.
>>
>>188150127
By stance, you mean the defensive skill? Just go in meditation, in the menu where there's your style just select the icon and press A.
>>
>>188150183
>Can you get swords or wargloves in pvp?

Yep, you get some gloves off Kuretz, the last bosses sword and shit like that, you equip it and then it costs shards to take out but never perma breaks.
>>
>>188149361

Well, fuck I dunno. Block/dodge/parry them? I've been doing this shit since day 2 when someone was making a boxing build and I wanted to make the opposite. That's about it.

>>188149789

I'm mainly offering if people want to try the deck out.

>>188150183

You can get swords and wargloves from pvp drops, yes.
>>
>>188150127

You learn the moves by finding people in the world to fight who have them and blocking/ability-ing them enough times successfully. You keep the style permanently (even if you switch to another school) by using the ability (in this case, the stagger dodge shit) succcessfully a bunch of times. There will be a blue circle XP bar thing like you get when using moves, works in the same way.

You don't HAVE to use the basic deck they give you, it gives you more XP in the school in combat trials but that's about it and that doesn't really matter at all. Has nothing to do with learning the style permanently or the moveset.
>>
>>188150183
Yup. That sword in particular is the River Gladius.
>>
>>188150398

Can NA connect to EU at all? I already have all the styles permanently but I'd give it a shot for the memes. East coast, if it matters.
>>
>Watch notalent
>His deck is just big wide kicks and sweeps
>>
>>188150583

Currently, no.
>>
>>188150324

Yeah, I knew where the menu was, but my game decided to stop letting my mouse clicks being an acceptable substitute to Enter key for some reason. Derp.
>>
>>188150667

Fuck. Welp, RIP kick deck I suppose
>>
>>188150423

I meant can I learn the moves in school deck I don't know by using the school deck, not by hunting for that one faggot at the top of Tower of Adal that has Drunken Donkey Punch move or something. Guess that's a no.
>>
>>188147792
I'd like to try it out.
I think you beat my ass a couple of times.
I'm just bad.
>>
File: 20170903161451_1.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903161451_1.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
>>188148008
where you at right now? I'd like to join your school of kicking shitters apart.
>>
>use shockwave defensively on any ledge map
>opponent immediately start ledge baiting rest of the match
i wish we could filter those shite maps from combat trails, they're never fun
>>
How do I get good at this game, man. The AI is actually kicking my ass at some points, although that might be because they do a bit of input reading. But I keep setting up a combat deck, then get kinda confused or forget it where I am in the rotation.
>>
>>188151230

That's what I meant, no you can't learn the moves just by using the school deck they give you (the "basic" stagger deck). You need to fight someone using the move and block/ability it enough times.

That said, if you don't have moves from it, you can use them anyways with the school deck, but you can't change anything in it, you have to use what they give you.
>>
>>188151595
>>188151802

I'll be at the Guidance Bridge, with the keyword "legwork". Without quotations, obviously. A bit afk, so I won't be fighting or anything.
>>
>>188149784
okay faggot how do you "deal with them accordingly", then? let's hear it.
>>
does anyone knoq if progress towards unlocking a style permanently carries over when you switch schools?
>>
>>188152187
very unlikely, i wouldn't risk it
>>
>>188152187
you lose all progress unless you finish the school first
>>
>>188152003
how do I find you? I set the pw at the invitation tab, but nothing happened.
>>
>>188151230

What should I put all my points in.
Also where do I get gear?

I wanted to get to 60 but jesus Christ the trials with no gear and no stats are hell.
On counter on a Forsaken and I lost half my HP
>>
>>188152123
Sweeps are slow, jab at them
Dodge attacks are weak, block them
The trick is to get good and recognize them
>>
>>188152902

You need to be in Encounter, and then go down once and put in the keyword.

Are you also EU?
>>
queued up 4 times so far today

1. guy doesn't even walk up and try to fight, just runs in circles and hides behind pillars in the colosseum. i leave.
2. guy teleporting all over the place due to lag. i leave.
3. doesn't connect. after 5 minutes of staring at a load screen, i'm kicked back to the queue altar.
4. library map. i leave.

pretty fun game dudes
>>
>>188152853
>had parry max
>school rewards max from pvp
>left stagger for forsaken
>lost everything
finishing didn't do me any good
>>
>>188148721
Are you retarded

There is no 'meta', the games been out for a week. Even if there was a meta it doesn't mean shit
>>
File: 1434143788570.jpg (47KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1434143788570.jpg
47KB, 620x620px
>>188152941
>that cropping combined with that filename
>>
>>188153434

Nah you are retarded. Spin to win is totally a meta. Deal with it. footfags are meta and not cool. Spam your sweeps and 50/50 parrys and stop pretending you have any real skill.
>>
>>188148721
Thanks to the Absolver community being full of autists it won't take a month for everyone to give up on some strong meta build because every time they'll go "alright, now I've got the same overpowered build as everyone else" they'll just get smashed by some random dude that actually knows how to play
>>
>>188153549
iyaa gomen gomen
>>
>>188153590
what drives you to make such stupid comments i wonder
>>
>>188153402
oh i just asumed you may once you're finished, i left stagger with like sliver of xp left for a school in here and when i went back it was all gone
>>
>>188153858

Watching salty Foreskin fags cry because they really can't play the game and think there 50/50 lol you cant dodge deck is good.
>>
>>188153379
>4. library map. i leave.

Well, you can't blame anybody but yourself there. Just fight on the small arenas on the map.
>>
Any fellow autist (NA, PC) want to finish their Attack list with me? I'm personally missing (Attack locations are based on Attack List submenu in the Meditation menu):
[Forward Right]
Drunk Stomp
Jar Bash

[Forward Left]
Handstand Kick

[Back Right]
Whirlwind Double Punch
Backfall Strike

[Back Left]
Underknee Kick
Double Fist Stretch
Back Hop Wrist

And like 3 unknown moves:
[Forward Left]
One after Rising Kick

[Back Right]
One after Backfall Strike
One after Eye Poke

If you need anything taught to you, I can do it as long as it's none of these moves here.
>>
>>188153960
can't blame me for wanting to fight a person and not a ledge
>>
File: immortality.jpg (35KB, 900x178px) Image search: [Google]
immortality.jpg
35KB, 900x178px
>Someone says the masks enable absolvers to subvert death
>Twins says they found a way around it
>Coliseum boss says that he used to be an essence reserves addict
>He cant leave the coliseum because the reserves are under him
>Then he says this

I'm pretty sure there's some nefarious shit going on. Also, if you run into a guy named 'Sorrow,' just leave.
>>
>>188153007
yes, i am.

Encounters -> search by keyword -> legwork, doesn't do nothing.
>>
>>188154298

Sorry, I was just typing. I had a power outage, I'll be on in a bit again.
>>
>>188154420
ah, thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>188127203
Shockwave does too if not blocked.
>>
File: dodges u.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dodges u.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
Rate
>>
>>188154208
My guess is that we're a kind of slave to the golden spirit thing that gives us the mask at the start. Final boss says something that hints towards it when fighting her a second time
>>
>>188154096
I can teach Drunk Stomp, Double Fist Stretch, and Back Hop Wrist, but need too many to count lol. Name a place and password if you want to get those.
>>
>>188154420
how much is "a bit"?
>>
>>188141059
What's the streamers ingame name? I want to know when i kick his ass.
>>
>>188154096

Hey man, I can teach you Jar Bash, Handstand Kick, Backfall Strike, Double Fist Stretch, and Back Hop Wrist on NA PC. Where you wanna meet? I'm looking for several moves atm but primarily Back Tripped Kick, Jumped Spin Kick and Grab Punch.
>>
>>188155105

Wow Another dodge low kick build. You NEVER SEE that.
>>
>>188155105
Going to get parried all day/10
>>
>>188155208
Name some random ones and I'll teach ya.

>>188155514
Tower of Adal, keyword "grinding"
>>
I desperately need Handstand Kick and Double Spike Kick. Could anyone teach them to me?
>>
>>188155105
not filling out your deck is so stupid.
>>
>>188152187

Once you get this message to pop up you keep it forever even when switching schools: >>188136921

Also see me here: >>188145330

idk about progress in a school but i don't really give a shit about any of that, i can make my own decks and whatnot.
>>
>>188155598
It's more about using fast kicks, it's just that most of the fast kicks in this game happen to be sweeps because Sloclap knows nothing of balance. The only moves here that're actually chosen because they dodge are the bottom stances, because I like having them to chain to when people try to dodge and punish.
>>
>>188155781

Come join us here
>>188155753

I can teach you Handstand Kick. Name is Altombre.

Sorry >>188155753
had to leave cause my UI was fucked, coming back now.
>>
>>188155753
I'm in, would love to finish Jumped Light Kick, Handstand Kick and Pushed Back Kick
>>
I must have missed some shit, because I don't have Grab Punch or Jumped Spin Kick. Sorry man.
>>
Do we have a list of "best moves in the game" (possibly with explanations of why) yet?
>>
>>188155753
>>188155753
>>188155753

Alright if you're joining this school post what your name is and what the fuck you need to learn

I'm Altombre, I need to learn Back Tripped Kick, Jumped Spin Kick and Grab Punch first.
>>
>>188156532
Im beggar su, I need donkey slap, twist back kick, tripped kick, back tripped kick, and underknee kick
>>
>>188156503
No, because there are no best moves, and never will be.
>>
>>188155208
That's all I know lol.

No no no, means I'm out of stuff in this little deck I built
>>
File: Wannabe Windfall.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Wannabe Windfall.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
God damn, I love dodge moves so much.
>>
>so upset about lag i wrote a negative review
never in my life have i done such a thing
>>
>>188156723

Alright, I've got donkey slap and tripped kick. Made a deck, let's do it.
>>
>>188156723
>>188156532
>>188156129
>>188155781
>>188155514
>>188155208
You guys need to remember that you need to let the person that you're teaching kill you lol. I wish this game had a chat.
>>
>>188156532
ironBlue, Drunk Stomp, Double Fist Stretch, Back Hop Wrist

I think I showed the wrong guy all those moves lol. Sorry guy!
>>
Does Jinn stop spawning on the bridge by the tower after a while? I wanted to learn some moves off him but he's gone now.
>>
>>188156904
What was that kick? 360 Nado?
>>
>>188093964
>>188093356
if it was an afterthought there wouldnt be covenants and shit, you're thinking of demons souls
>>
I want to build a kahlt strength build using ALL kahlt moves. Is it reasonable to pull this off? Any tips/suggestions?
>>
>>188156723
>>188156723

Hey man, so I'm looking for Jumped Spin Kick, Back Tripped Kick, Scissor Kick, Spinning Wide Hook, Grab Punch or Underknee Kick. I saw you have Jumped Spin Kick!

Altombre is the name
>>
>>188155105
This is complete cancer and I hope it gets nerfed soon.
>>
>>188157438
No, he'll always be there as long as you're not in the world of someone that's killed him
Alternatively you can walk towards the bird columbary, he has another spawn on the way there. Same with the hunter's path, in that little cove that forms a circle.
>>
>>188157438
Best place to farm him is the Bird Tower where you kill the double team fur collar guys. Just run from the altar up the path towards tower of adal and back
>>
>>188157443
That's 360 Tornado Kick.
>>
>>188157586
I have a bunch of those. I need double spike kick, spiral palm, grab punch. KetAk-Haar
>>
>>188157586
beggar here ill grab scissor kick and spinning wide hook
>>
EU PC, who needs moves?
I'm chilling watching livestreams, don't whine about lag
>>
>>188157627
oh, i just realized i'm in an online game. even though everyone else in the zone left, i guess i can't reset it by resting myself.

i guess i'm just used to being in offline mode that i get confused when i actually can connect.
>>
[Forward Right]
Drunk Stomp
Jar Bash

[Forward Left]
Handstand Kick

[Back Right]
Jumped Spin Kick
Knee Strike
Collar Chop
Whirlwind Double Punch
Backfall Strike
Grab Punch

[Back Left]
Underknee Kick
Double Fist Stretch
Back Hop Wrist

And like 3 unknown moves:
[Forward Left]
One after Rising Kick

[Back Right]
One after Backfall Strike
One after Eye Poke

Add me on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/madeofmush) so we can organize some move trading and and have a way to chat.
>>
>>188157761
I still need,

Back Turn Wirst
Back Hop Wrist
Twist Back Kick
Spiral Palm
Grab Punch

KetakHaar
>>
why this game looks like dark souls to me?
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1833x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1833x1022px
rate my stagger deck
>>
>>188157619
Dodge attacks have the demerit of being slower/weaker than attacks without statuses, literally get like two attacks that hit the ground and you'll dominate them
>>
Welp, I'm done with trying to be viable with PVP on with Windfall. Dodging four directions of uber-fast combos is crazy hard.
>>
>>188158249

We've got a 3 man fight club at Tower of Adal bonfire. Keyword is "grinding"

I'm Altombre, I can teach you Jar Bash, Handstand Kick, Jumped Spin Kick, Collar Chop, Backfall Strike, Knee Strike, Double Fist Stretch, and Back Hop Wrist.

>>188158420

I can get you both wrist moves right now
>>
File: 20170903144224_1.jpg (63KB, 442x758px) Image search: [Google]
20170903144224_1.jpg
63KB, 442x758px
>>188106861
Let's fucking go m8
>>
>>188158521

The funny thing is the only moves that are fast enough to contest low sweeps and also hit the ground are, in fact, low sweeps.
>>
>>188159582
Doesn't illusion kick hit grounded and also dodge lows?
>>
>>188159332
I hate how most of the shoulders have 10 belts on it, ruins the chest part
>>
>>188158249
Alright. I'm "Mush"
>>
>>188159582
Just roll with Donkey Slap mate
>>
>>188159697

It does. It's my go-to for anti-low sweep.
>>
>>188158249
Actually, I think it's full. I can't join.
>>
>>188158851
Sad isn't it? Forsaken is the only path to True Victoryâ„¢
>>
File: 1468319417521.jpg (57KB, 295x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468319417521.jpg
57KB, 295x720px
Having played all three classes, I can say that Windboys are objectively the best. Kahlts can be broken. Forsaken are 50/50 and get completely fucked if they get their timing wrong. Wind doesn't get penalized for dodging at the wrong time. In fact, it can give them an edge in battle to frequently dodge.
>>
>>188159582
One or two low sweeps are enough to counter a full deck of them

>shitters will try to argue this fact
>>
>>188158851

360 spin
360 low spin

gg no re. if you want a real challenge play Stagger. Its like a shitty windfall.
>>
>>188160050
nobody cares fag
shut up and jam
>>
>>188159950

that's weird, there's only 3 of us. Is that the max?

>>188159827
Does that hit low? Do you know if Bounce Knee hits low? I just want to do Kahlt shit but I feel like I keep incorporating all these Windfall and Stagger moves just to be relevant.
>>
>>188159735
It helps fit that Final Fantasy vibe
>>
>people complaining about server issues
Works on my computer.
>>
>>188160050
and Stagger is like having a needle shoved into your urethra. Most fun because of the challenge, but below the level of the other 3.
>>
>>188160360
It does, and it's twice as fast as it locks, and it hits twice so charge attacks are useless, and its range is fucked because of the weird tracking
>>
>>188160050
Show me your sick dodge moves.

I need the motivation.
>>
>>188160360
Yeah, 3 is the max for a group.
>>
>>188160575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mTzhtabKgA
>>
>>188160360
yeah the maximum people in an instance is 3
>>
>>188160360
Bounce knee doesn't hit low and can be evaded with a high crush. Jumping light kick hits mid though.
>>
File: file (4).png (990KB, 1248x696px) Image search: [Google]
file (4).png
990KB, 1248x696px
*stops your low kick*
>>
File: 1463428906624-pol.jpg (250KB, 1137x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1463428906624-pol.jpg
250KB, 1137x1012px
>>188160836
>kb+m
>>
>>188160707
Dude, no.
>>
So what does being in a school do? Do you get to use the moves of your mentor? I kinda wanna try master footfag's deck
>>
>>188160992
>implying
I'm not a nerd, when I need a screenshot I use Gyazoâ„¢ and my mouse
>>
File: 1433608012257.jpg (34KB, 476x488px) Image search: [Google]
1433608012257.jpg
34KB, 476x488px
>>188160992
>assuming he plays with kb+m because the interface switching to it while he was taking a screenshot
>>
>>188160992
I play KB+M.
>>
>>188145330
how you do this?????
>>
Does it require a certain level to make Jinn show up? I beat the game already and am lvl 27. He didn't show up in any locations.
>>
>>188161320
First you have no life

Then you go join schools and use defensive abilities from that school to dodge attacks instead of sitting around shitposting /asg/.
>>
>>188161697
lvl 30
>>
what an awesome way of fighting

>spam heal and the forward drunken stumble with hyper armor
>hit him but he doesn't lose the heal so i lose the trade

what direction do i even fucking parry a drunken stumble

not like i could anyway, he throws it immediately after i do anything
>>
File: Forsaken's Nightmare.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Forsaken's Nightmare.webm
3MB, 960x540px
P O S T W E B M S

>tfw you finally figure out how to annihilate the parry king menace as kahlt[/spoiler]
Technically 3-0, really hate the gravity kill levels like this it's pretty bullshit
>>
>>188162061
Thats why you should take at least one armor breaker.
Winged back kick is an armor breaker and also a really great gap closer. Put it on alternate
>>
>>188162068
i fucking hate shockwave
>>
>>188132229
I wouldn't hate windfall as much if it wasn't played exclusively by warping assholes with shit tier connections.

I love watching a guy get stam for winddodging a fucking feint. I don't know how that works, but I guess the game was shitting itself trying to figure out where Goku was going to instant transmition to next.
>>
>>188162440

I believe you mean stopping attacks (the red ones), right? Double hits also work. Hell even guardbreaks will bust a charged move if you start them early enough (since they're slow).

Plenty of options for dealing with everything in this game, the more I play and better I get, the more I feel like the whiners are the gold link jab spam people who get mad when their one trick pony doesn't work.
>>
I rolled windfall and I'm having trouble understanding the combat deck stuff. Can someone post a decent deck for Windfall that I can build-off of? I have no idea what even makes a proper deck
>>
What's the best way to train stagger?
>>
>>188162489

I just hate the two arenas that feature prominent ringouts, man. The one with the circle in the middle and the library. Fuck those maps

>>188162708

I will say I am a tad salty as someone who's trying to make a heavy-hitting Khalt boxing deck, people who gold-link spam hyper fast low sweeps are annoying as fuck. Even if I absorb a hit I can't counterattack fast enough to stop the spam
>>
>>188160836
Another Patriction fighter that knows Down/Left stance is reserved solely for the fuck you elbow.
>>
>>188162714
the deck i use, could be improved a lot but i still dont have all the moves
fast attacks on alt for stance switching and fast punish after dodge

>>188162832
i fucking lost that duel because the guy refused to fight anywhere else and i got no time for this shit, just wanted to get it over with
>>
>>188154502
>>188155407

Sorry, it seems that the power outage is most likely not gonna be fixed today so if ya'll could hold on until tomorrow, if you haven't found other schools who do the same thing by that time.
>>
>>188162489

I stopped using shockwave to be honest, I use gravity instead since it's much more useful (gives you a free hit, fucks up their stamina regen for a bit) and found out it's great for fucking over people trying to back up to heal (by having someone kick my ass with that same strat, lol). Mostly on this stage now I move to a balcony area to fight, I won't fight on the stairs. I'll wait all day if I fucking have to idgaf. The other gravity level with the hole in the middle is gay as fuck too, but it's at least a lot more manageable to avoid getting killed by shockwave cheese. Still sucks though, hope they do something about it at some point.

I feel like most people have an unwritten understanding on this, though. Most people are like "yeah let's not fight on the stairs that's gay", so you KNOW if someone is like "lol stairfight me bruh" they're a fucking faggot.
>>
100 UNIQUE MOVES.

Its a miracle if you can see more then 5 different ones in 20 match.
>>
>>188162068
>technically
gravity kills still count imo, since both players are equally able to deal with them, I don't really push for them but they're legit. nice webm though
>>
>>188163037
sorry, wrong pic, this is updated one
imma replace spiral palm with something else, just dunno what yet

>>188163236
same, i hope they nerf shockwave a tad bit, like blocking or using high attacks does not push you, similar to earthquake
>>
>>188163236
I use Shockwave and Grav because Kunt-method's defense skill is shit for getting out of certain jab strings, and because blowing 1 crystal for a safe chance to regen stam is always going to be useful.
>>
>>188163421
how do those parry attacks work?
are they worth getting?
>>
File: 1504262028687.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504262028687.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>188162068
>>
>>188163640
if you played for honor, think crushing counterstrike
they basically parry any attack on their start up
>>
Any OCE's wanna do some sparring? Really digging the game and wanna get more into deck building and really refining. It's the one game where I can really feel when I get better at it and that feels fucking good.
>>
>>188163573

Remember kids! You can use stun and the flying elbow move for a free hit!
>>
>>188163727
>kickedintonextweek.webm
>>
>>188163640
Practice the move to get a feel. They have a parry window from the start of the attack until the blow lands.

If you really know your deck well, then yes its extremely worth getting IMO. Totally fucks people up because most of them dont know wtf just happened
>>
>>188162832

A couple of tips for a fellow kahltbro:

1) Charged attacks are your friend. Use literally all of them, I like them for all of my alts so I can basically use them at any point. They even link to each other so I could technically charged attack spam if I wanted (most I do is 2 in a row, mind you).
2) Get some fast moves and some long reaching moves, I like the jump kick myself as you can see (which also dodges over sweeps). A spacing tool that can get combos started for you. It's possible to outspace people if you're mindful of it instead of rushing in all the time. Sometimes, backing up as they come at you is better than moving forwards.
3) Mix shit up. It's especially good to have a mix of moves and speeds and directions when you have a charged attack alt setup like mine, because at any time you can just hyper armor through their shit if they try to jab you or ever come at you with some weak fast shit. Dodging is still quite reasonable even with 15 mobility, minimum "normal" mobility, so throw that in some times.
4) FEINT. Learn to fucking feint, throw it into your combos like you could see in the original webm I posted. This is especially important against memesakens, it completely fucks them. When you combine feints with charged attacks, it makes it incredibly hard to deal with your shit because now if they try to counterattack a feint they may catch a haymaker to the fucking skull. Charged attacks are slow which means if you combine them with fast and medium-fast moves, you can be incredibly unpredictable with your timings.
5) Last but not least: ABSORB CANCEL. Apparently you can do moves and if you absorb right after it cancels the recovery time or some shit (and fucks with anyone trying to counterattack during combos). Actually saw it while watching a recent Peeve VOD, you can see it here: twitch tv/videos/171585193 at around the 3 hour 32 minute mark. Watch how he plays and destroys Peeve. Learn.
>>
File: Kickboxer 1.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kickboxer 1.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>188162714
I'll spoon feed you anon.

Despite what people say here, Windfall is the most difficult class. So don't beat yourself up, everyone has got your number on PvP. It's high reward, but you need to be GOOD to utilize skillfully

An easy newbie friendly deck for me at least. This will help you feel a bit more in control. You will NOT become a PvP god with this deck. No way, you need to train those reflexes up to do that because this game is fast:

First row, fast combo, fastest you can muster, have it lead to the second string
The alt for the first row should lead into your fourth and be a guard break that you can pull out, that will be the row with your big "signature move".

Second string with a mildly threatening move, like a guard break, or a medium slow damage have it lead back into your first for a six hit string that you can practice when you're on the punish.

The alt for the second row should lead into your first, so you can get back to your fast combo if your guard breaks whiffs.

The third is a utility row, like a dodge low or high attack. It should only be one. Your choice of going back to second or first.

3rd alt should lead to your finisher in case you need to pull that out quickly.

Fourth leads back to the first, make it quick.

The fourth alt is your big finisher. Keep it on alt so that you don't accidentally string it on a combo and get punished after a dodge. You only want to use this when you break a niggas guard.
>>
File: 20170903153448_1.jpg (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903153448_1.jpg
199KB, 1920x1080px
>>188164545

This is a good summary of the knowledge I've cultivated as a Kahlt main, getting to level 60 recently. Let me know what you guys think, and if you want to add anything. I maxed out the text allowance.

Also forgot, here's my deck I was referencing. Might not be perfect but it's done well for me thus far. Definitely feel like using all 3 charged attacks as alts (especially having them all link together) is the way to go imo, wish I could have all 4 alts be charged attacks, really.
>>
File: Death by a thousand cuts.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Death by a thousand cuts.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>188162068
>>
>>188164697
>Despite what people say here, Windfall is the most difficult class.

...who says it isn't? The "4 directions vs. 2 directions" argument is made all the fucking time here. The main complaints are that it's the weakest class, not about it's difficulty. In fact, it's considered weak because the difficulty is high but the payoff is low, pretty much the opposite of forsaken's parry.
>>
>>188165154
Haha, then I agree. Glad we all are on the same page.
>>
>>188164545
>Peeve pulls out the sword but gets shit on anyways
Man what happened to Peeve. He used to be the most tolerable and chill out of that whole Soulbrandt shit but now he's just a dick. Gets salty and petty really fucking quick now.
>>
>>188165745

What can I say? This game brings out the worst in people. I love it :^)
>>
How should I be applying my attribute points?
>>
>>188165042

how do you make webms

I have a ton of mp4 videos of absolver on my comp but don't know what program I should use to convert them
>>
>>188166471
I was just gonna ask the same question, i was also gonna ask what bit-rate i should have on my recording software
>>
>>188166471
ffmpeg or webm for retards.

>>188166610
70mbps is decent.
>>
>>188166365
20 endurance
15+ vit
15+ dex
15+ strength

got 20 20 dex str for max dmg
or 20 vit and 20 dex/str depending on your deck scaling
>>
>>188166471
I use webm for bakas. Does the job although it can be a pain getting long webms in good quality.

>>188166610
Depends on the resolution. I usually stick to 1200 to 1800kb/s
>>
>>188166657
I'm not used to github, how do i download the program and not just a lot of dev stuff?
>>
>>188166951
Click the download as zip button?
>>
Nothing gets me harder than dominating another forsaken with parries
>>
>>188167014
I found a releases button, it seems to be the right thing.
>>
>>188166951
https://github.com/WebMBro/WebMConverter/releases
>>
>>188167086
Nothing gets me harder than feintfucking parry king forsakens. You can almost feel the panic through the screen.
>>
File: 1484966990277.png (239KB, 372x508px) Image search: [Google]
1484966990277.png
239KB, 372x508px
>Feint against a Forsaken
>Fucks him up

>Break against a Kahlt
>Fucks him up

>Feint against a Windfall
>Does nothing
>Break against a Windfall
>Gets dodged

How is Windfall the worst class again?
>>
>no mask drops
>3 elbow dupes
>6 undershirt dupes
>5 shoe dupes
>2 shoulder dupes
>2 belt dupes
>3 pants dupes

come the fuck on. I should at least be able to scrap or trade these worthless dupes
>>
File: Absolver Stats.png (110KB, 451x717px) Image search: [Google]
Absolver Stats.png
110KB, 451x717px
Where do I put my last few stat points?

I'm rocking Kahlt atm but am thinking of picking up Forsaken or Stagger down the line, I like having options. I don't get much gains from the Vitality as Kahlt, but huge gains in Forsaken. Endurance would be most useful for all styles, but Dex isn't that useful for Kahlt but I'm worried I'll feel it if I do Stagger or Forsaken in the future.

WHAT DO I DO
>>
so where's the fight club?
>>
>>188167446
>use your parry to punish them
>use your absorb to punish them
>watch them fail to punish you because they'll just eat a charged move after doing their fancy jump
>>
>>188165154
>pretty much the opposite of forsaken's parry.

Why do you people keep saying this. Parry only guarantees a super light attack. So a jab. Which never happens unless you're running jabs for every single starter move, since your direction always changes when you parry.
Windfall ALWAYS guarantees at least a light attack. If you Avoid a super slow move you can usually get a heavy off.

The tradeoff is that Windfall always guarantees results but is harder to Avoid, while Forsaken is easier to parry but only gets results like half the time.
>>
>>188167446
>Sweep against a windfall
>Fucks him up

Also guardbreaks really aren't shit against a Kahlt, mainly because of how slow they are and I believe they're all straight/vertical attacks so they're super easy to just dodge to the side. Kahlts also know guardbreaks go through absorb, any good one will specifically be looking out for lava limbs and those attacks also make a unique sound during windup if you listen carefully. If anything, I'd be more worried about stopping attacks and double hits, things that counter charged attacks. Guardbreaks are nothing to a (good) Kahlt.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>188168021
>Sweep
>He jumps
>>
>>188167853
I thought side kick and anything faster was guaranteed on a parry?
>>
>>188167735
what continent?
>>
>>188168285
EU
I created one, keyword
1v1mefgt
>>
>>188168360
just gonna kill boss
>>
>>188168280
Who on earth told you that.

If a parry netted 130dmg every time it'd be broken as shit.
>>
File: ragna shitpost.png (732KB, 825x618px) Image search: [Google]
ragna shitpost.png
732KB, 825x618px
>>188168127
>Leg Breaker
>He gets fucked by a 50/50
>>
>>188168127
Windfalls aren't good enough to jump, and it isn't easy to bring down the punish.

Play windfall.
>>
File: 395.jpg (45KB, 546x789px) Image search: [Google]
395.jpg
45KB, 546x789px
>>188168127
>high swing
>enemy does low attack
>he gets 5-6 free hits on me by spamming this at convenient times by total chance

really fuggin annoying tbqh
>>
>>188168280
It does, he's just a retard that thinks he knows the class he doesn't play
Side kick is a guaranteed punish, with proper buffer timing. Souce: use it all the time
>>
Anyone know what the "Gamemode Level" is?
>>
>>188169237
>by total chance
Have you noticed this one mechanic in the game, called stances and starting moves?
Reading the starting moves of your opponent's stances isn't rocket science when two to three of their alts are obvious alts
>>
>>188167853
>Parry only guarantees a super light attack
wrong, 0.6s move is guaranteed if you buffer the attack
>>
>>188169281
Your Combat Trials level. Presumably you will have a different level for each gamemode when they add the other 3 gamemodes.
>>
Do you need to be level 60 and/or be at 100+ in trials to get matched against anyone semi-competent?
>>
Wow Marski your outfit is really good looking.
>>
>>188169708
Post outfit.
>>
File: good.webm (3MB, 944x588px) Image search: [Google]
good.webm
3MB, 944x588px
>>188162068
ok how's this
>>
File: 1427838757267.png (72KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1427838757267.png
72KB, 360x360px
>>188170342
*teleports behind ur bitrate*
hehh............
>>
>>188169413
Says who? Is there a video of this? Or is this some data table that popped up on reddit out of the blue
>>
File: 20170903222631_1.jpg (32KB, 188x452px) Image search: [Google]
20170903222631_1.jpg
32KB, 188x452px
>>188169880
was hard getting a good screenshot of him but here.
>>
File: 1491080767516.jpg (24KB, 278x253px) Image search: [Google]
1491080767516.jpg
24KB, 278x253px
>try out the main duel mode
>get jabbed to shit
Man, my deck is way too slow. Time to git gud.
>>
>>188169401
..im aware. I'm not really even sure what you're trying to say honestly, besides pointing out obvious facts. I was saying that during these fights these guys had low/high moves as openers, and were mashing them. Occasionally they would duck my attacks by total chance.
>>
>>188170729
just load your deck with high-dodging moves like everyone else
>>
>>188168360
suddenly everybody disconected
>>
Hey, fight club bros. Did the servers just kill themself?
>>
>>188170729

Speed, range, damage, special attributes, doublehits... these are all important considerations to overall strategy which should be figured out long before you even enter the ring my friend. Need to be able to figure out what you're going to do to deal with any given situation, and knowing the situations you need to deal with only comes with experience (and getting your ass handed to you on the regular).
>>
>>188170553
Literally try it, the timing isn't even hard to pull off
I can tell you that like 80% of my side kick punishes don't get blocked, but feel free to blame that on people not blocking the moment they're parried rather than my inability to get the timing right
>>
>>188170553
twitch tv/videos/171502654
the guy that played from the beginning and is around 300 combat level
he explains it somewhere in this vod
>>
How come my parrys don't come out sometimes? I'm not in hit stun or anything.
>>
does every boss have a chance to drop their gear? been farming Dormek(at the bottom of tower of adal) but she hasn't dropped anything at all
>>
>>188171469
I'm pretty sure that mark ones don't drop anything, period.
>>
Post your fight songs, /asg/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaY1ihyBtbA
>>
>>188171097
yep
>>
>>188171670
Feels badman
>>
>>188171371
I think there's also an explanation from greymaiden somewhere, it's why they consider forsaken overpowered
>>
>>188171602
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xGudKuFMsE
>>
>>188171454
i've noticed the same

either the parry has a wind-up or the lag affects it

the parry also has input queueing if you use while blocking an attack, which makes it come out immediately after the attack blocking animation is finished

the parry is pretty infuriating to use imo
>>
new bread baked when
>>
>>188163236
I refuse to fight off of the stares, it feels a lot more instense on the stairs. I don't use shockwave there though, infact I don't use any powers (except from heal after I finished the guy off) unless the other guy uses them first
>>
>>188171371
He brings it up during the fight at 4:03:15 if anyone else was curious
>>
>>188171602
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omhx-7gGMX8
>>
>game freezes in combat trial loading screen
>every single time
nice i got banned from arena
>>
File: 20170903165343_1.jpg (426KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903165343_1.jpg
426KB, 1920x1080px
Post low weight fashion

pictured: my bird
>>
>>188173567
Forgot to mention, this outfit is 27 Mobility
>>
File: 20170902215104_1.jpg (87KB, 342x818px) Image search: [Google]
20170902215104_1.jpg
87KB, 342x818px
>>188173567
You should at least post your mobility as well, mine is 24.
>>
>>188173567
nice leggings, dweeb
>>
>>188172867
he brings up a parry in a long fast attack chain
ie imput parry when you get hit/block to parry the following attack

i was talking about input buffering an attack after a successful parry
witch lets you land a 0.6 or 0.5s attack, don't remember now
>>
File: DDBTe5MXUAAXbvK.jpg (79KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DDBTe5MXUAAXbvK.jpg
79KB, 1200x675px
Quick question, will this game die in a month just like for honor did?
>>
File: 20170903135855_1.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903135855_1.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
All right, to anybody who was interested in Voerman's deck but discouraged that they cannot connect because he's EU, I have created a NA replica school for you.
Region lock lease is coming soon, but if you're not willing to wait, I'm here with the password "Mother".
>>
>>188173856
Absolver feels like a way more solid game than For Honor did.

That said; if the developers can keep it up with content, adding new styles and maybe even areas as time goes on (and good balancing), I think Absolver's a game that might stay around for a long time among PvP fans.
>>
File: rage.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
982KB, 320x287px
SAVE EDITOR SO I DON'T HAVE TO FARM FOR FUCKING CLOTHES WHEN
>>
>>188174127
How about you post this deck of his?
>>
Any NA ps4 fight clubs?
>>
>>188174214
go play DS3 with CE, disgusting nigger
>>
>>188174127
This thread is on auto sage, but post it again early next thread.
>>
File: S4t0SqQ[1].png (11KB, 468x177px) Image search: [Google]
S4t0SqQ[1].png
11KB, 468x177px
Just noticed this, posting as a PSA.
>>
>>188174448
Windfall just can't catch a break.
>>
File: 1495739242156.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1495739242156.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
What is the recommended amount of Will?

Do "caster" builds work?
>>
>>188174323
See >>188032884
It's a pure kicking deck. Though I think I replaced jumped light kick with a sweep to confuse people with the first set.
>>188174332
Will do.
>>
I wish I could avoid the fucking hole maps. Two matches in a row I've had no skill stupid faggots sitting next to the ledges spamming shockwave, fucking shoot me
>>
>>188174639
Apparently it's great on Stagger, but most people recommend 6 or 8 I believe
>>
I just saved a replay, what tool do i use to cut it?
>>
File: im a simple man.jpg (84KB, 644x683px) Image search: [Google]
im a simple man.jpg
84KB, 644x683px
>>188173567
you all guys so busy like you trying to impress someone
no, im totally not trying to act like i have cool gear from arena drops
>>
>>188175373
>>188175373
>>188175373
New thread.
>>
>>188171371
>>188172867
There's not explanation or example of being able to pull off certain attacks after a parry. All he said is that you can 'buffer' a parry if the enemy is spamming, which is what you're supposed to do anyway.

>>188171361
I have tried it, that's why I'm saying it. I'll do some fights with the sole intention of trying out what works after parries, but I've had 50dmg kicks and punches be dodged and counter-parried after my own, by good players.

If someone would show me actual evidence or even a good video of explaining it then great.
Thread posts: 806
Thread images: 141

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.