[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1096

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

File: 1503571880126.jpg (78KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1503571880126.jpg
78KB, 500x333px
/dag/ btfo Edition

Previous: >>186907031

News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Tyranny and Andromeda are out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (romance confirmed)
>Cyberpunk 2077 likely out before June 2019
>Bioware's new IP- Anthem, set for fall 2018
>Divinity Original Sin 2 coming out on September 14
>Dragon Age: Knight Errant #4 comic is out

Sales:

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Stuff:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
http://pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>http://www.dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
http://dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
http://dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to listen something!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNG_szaXNNU
>>
>biodrones are too retarded to keep their own thread alive
Leave /wtc/ alone you wankers
>>
Who am I?
>>
>>187158338
>>
File: 1499431017387.png (401KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
1499431017387.png
401KB, 600x789px
>>
>>187156448
And so is the Golden City blackened, with each step you take in my hall, marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting. You have brought Sin to Heaven, and doom upon all the world.
>>
let it fucking die you idiots
>>
>>187163563
Why?
>>
>>187163805
it has no reason to exist any longer
>>
>>187163908
Why not?
>>
>>187163563
>>187163908
It's here so that you retards stay out of /wtc/ with your shit, its that simple
>>
>>187164553
That explains a lot
>>
>>187164046
Let it rest for a week or two, then I will make a proper, active thread.
>>
>>187165591
Wouldn't it be easier to just not go to threads you don't like?
>>
>>187165591
>active thread
"Activity" is dependant exclusively on how much that one spammer replies to itself and dumps Leliana images. Nobody else cares at this point.
>>
>>187166049
There are multiple Leliana posters. None of them is a spammer.
>>
File: 1495748166658.jpg (106KB, 650x743px) Image search: [Google]
1495748166658.jpg
106KB, 650x743px
>>
>>187166151
>muh reputation
Then why the fuck were you spamming /wtc/?
>>
>>187166316
Why were you spamming witcher-shit here?
>>
>>187166376
I fucking wasn't. Don't change the subject. You were spamming and your posts were getting deleted.
>>
>>187166445
You are one deluded motherfucker. Take your bitch ass back to your thread and leave us the fuck alone, you cuck.
>>
>>187166524

>>187057830
>>187049904
>>187108278
>>187148482
>>187149130
>>187015624

Look them up in the archive, retard. One of you Leliana posters was spamming.
>>
Is Andromeda not getting any expansions?
>>
ignore leliana faggots they have autism
>>
>>187166707
Something like this isn't fun when it happens to you, eh?
>>
>>187166808
>moving the goalpost again
Just admit you took the opportunity to piss people off in /wtc/ and start doing the same thing you were doing in /dag/ until it died.
>>
>>187166982
I can't since I wasn't part in any spamming at any point ever.
>>
>>187167039
Then why are you even replying to me, retard?

>>187166151
>There are multiple Leliana posters. None of them is a spammer.
Proven to be wrong.
>>
>>187167186
Why do you assume only these spammers would get involved in this, you fucking spammer? Take it to IRC or whatever private messaging if you genuinely want to "discuss" this crap.
>>
>>187167454
Look at the deleted posts and tell me with a straight face it's not the one who spammed "winnie" and "umm"

Fucking brain damage.
>>
>>187167586
So why did you do it?
>>
>"original Leliana anon" starts by defending her "impersonator", only to turn around and accuse someone else of doing it
Priceless.
>>
File: 1459435471616.jpg (39KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459435471616.jpg
39KB, 620x400px
How about we just forget this and go back to daily program?
>>
>>187168909
We know your tactics. Ain't working.
>>
Just finished Inquisition/Trespasser, here are my thoughts.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience thoroughly, though there are some aspects of the game which are less than optimal. Firstly, the open world. At least to me the open world seemed quite forced in some places, as the Hinterlands with literally dozens of random quests that held very little significance to the story. It also doesn't help that the Hinterlands is the first area in the game, and leaves a distinctive impression on the player that can be difficult to change/break, which I think results in a large portion of the negative feedback in regards to Inquisition's world. If I had to rate the areas in an overall sense (quests/aesthetic) as good/mediocre/bad, I'd do so as follows
Good - Forbidden Oasis, Exalted Plains, Hissing Wastes, Emerald Graves
Mediocre - Crestwood, Western Approach, Storm Coast, Emprise du Lion, Hinterlands
Bad - Fallow Mire, Hinterlands
Hinterlands is on there twice intentionally, I like the overall design of the place, and some of the quests, but it's just too bloated.
Now, on to the meat and potatoes of any post Mass Effect Bioware game - the characters. Though I feel like most of the characters underwent some sort of major development over the course of the story, i.e., Blackwall's revelation, and Cole's spirit/human journey, it seems as if some characters are missing this sort of development. On the other hand, perhaps it's not necessary for all the characters to undergo a fundamental change in personality over the course of the game. I feel a bit conflicted on this one. One thing I wished for more of with the companions was banter. In Origins, it seemed as if in any bit of downtime your companions would start talking, but in Inquisition there's large swaths of time where you're just walking/riding around in complete silence. I understand that in Inquisition there's physically more ground to traverse, meaning there's more downtime. (1/4)
>>
>>187169047
Although this may not be true, it also seemed like there was less dialogue with companions in Skyhold than there was with companions in camp in Origins, but this may just be a result of there being more companions/people to talk to in Inquisition in comparison to Origins. I romanced Cassandra this playthrough, and felt like it was pretty well done. No qualms there. I particularly enjoyed dialogue with Cassandra, Iron Bull, and Dorian, while I was a little put off by Solas' personality, though this is explained very well by the story revealed in Trespasser. I very much disliked Sera, but that may be because I managed to unintentionally piss her off in terms of approval by making decisions that she didn't like in dialogue/quests.I initially disliked Vivienne, but I came around to her personality, in part because of her solid loyalty/companion quest. Varric is a solid bro companion, I liked seeing his interaction with Bianca. On the topic of companions, I had Bull in the party when he betrays you in Trespasser, and I was expecting a sort of painful goodbye, instead of a literal "nothing personnel, kid" moment, though that may be a result of me letting the Chargers die to secure the alliance with the Qun. On a tangentially related note, I've read a common criticism that the Inquisitor doesn't have much of a personality as the Warden can have in Origins. Though this is true, much of the Warden's "personality" choices in Origins just boil down to either being nice, or being a complete cunt. Inquisition doesn't let you be a complete dick in a lot of situations, so I can see why that would irk some people, but it doesn't bother me all too much. (2/4)
>>
>>187169139
Onto quests. I agree with the mob here in that a big weakness is the general lack of agency the player has in quests.
In Origins, there was almost always some sort of decision you could make in even the simplest of quests, even if it just meant killing a Halla, or something equally trivial. In Inquisition, there were comparatively very few quests in which your character has a choice, it's simply boils down to complete x objective for y reward.
I feel like the main quests, however, were quite well done. They provided brilliant visual/story setpieces such as being in the Fade at Adamant, or walking the halls of Halamshiral. Choosing between the mages and templars didn't really seem to have a ton of affect on the endgame of the story, though choosing the Orlesian ruler has implications for the story beyond the game, and choosing the sacrifice at Adamant was a great moment, at least for me.
My Warden ally was Loghain, so it seemed quite fitting to send him off to hold off the Nightmare. It seemed a good end to a complex character's story.
While I'm sure the Winter Palace quest gets flak for its excessive diplomacy, I really quite enjoyed it, though the court approval mechanic really rushes the player and discourages them from collecting Halla statues and getting whichever ending they please.
I thought the ending of the base game was fine, in contrast to what many others online have said, but Trespasser was a definite good conclusion to the Inquisitor's story. Trespasser feels like the concentrated Inquisition experience - character interaction, beautiful environments, meaningful story moments, interesting lore, and not a lot of open world stuff, though exploration is still possible.
Loved Trespasser. Trespasser's striking score also made me realize that the base game's score, while not terrible, only had a few distinctive tunes in the 40+ track endeavor. I like the tavern songs, though. (3/4)
>>
>>187169239
Lastly - the combat. It's impossible to deny that Inquisition's combat is really quite simple, and it can quickly devolve into MMO-style button mashing, especially if playing on the lower difficulties.
Though this was my first playthrough, I did it on hard, for the tutorial on normal was a little too easy. Even on hard there were very few moments where I actually had to think about what I was doing in combat, and not just rush in spamming my abilities.
This is in very sharp contrast to Origins' combat, which I found very difficult, even on normal difficulty. Though Origins' combat was difficult to pick up, it came to the point where I was carefully picking what gear to equip, and using the tactical camera as much as I could to ensure a smooth battle.
This resulted in difficult, but immensely satisfying combat. Inquisition's is on the exact opposite side of the spectrum, where the player gets to feel more powerful, and perhaps have more fun in the game, but there is rarely a difficult encounter that results in a truly gratifying victory.
I know, it's probably wrong to complain about a game being too easy when I'm not playing on the hardest difficulty level, but Nightmare just seems like it would be very similar to Hard mode, just with encounters that last longer and aren't even necessarily more difficult to win.

Good game, doing another playthrough probably soon. There might be some things in this that seem rambly, or flat out incorrect, so feel free to call me out. (4/4)
>>
>>187166316
I was not spamming /wtc/. What the fuck. If you see a Leliana image with 4chan numerical file name, then the poster behind than post is not me.

The person who is spamming "Winnie, Uhm, old Leliana images" is probably the falseflagging Liara poster.
>>
>>187171079
behind that post*
>>
>>187171079
>obsessing over some random poster who probably isn't even here anymore just because they didn't like you
lol
>>
>>187171218
Liarafaggot is always here because he's an obsessed NEET with no life.
>>187098563
>>
To add to that, the final posts in the last normal thread were the same 'I WAS HARASSED ;_;" shit he posts whenever he's not falseflagging as a Lelposter.

>>186978962
>>186981656

It's over lads, he's never going away as long as /dag/ exists, time to abandon ship.
>>
>>187171218
He is always here. He is either the one complaining about "Winnie posts" or the one who is spamming "Winnie" posts.

>>187171492
Wait, and who are you?!
>>
>>187171652
Bye bye!
>>
>>187171652
Yeah, those two posts are his.
>>
>>187171710
An anonymous drifter who goes wherever the waifus take him.
>>
>>187171861
Again, faggot?
>>
>>187172054
Now that we triggered him, I smell an incoming rant about how some boogeyman ruined his life by "shitting on" (he loves this phrase) his waifu.
>>
>>187172054
Seems like a good strategy, the lel degenerate is now here so /wtc/ is more bearable. Now keep bumping this pile of stinking shit to keep him here so I can have a good time somewhere else, will ya?
>>
>>187171079
Get a trip.
>>
>/dag/na
It is supposed to be /dag/anons. At least falseflag correctly...
>>
>>187172280
>falseflag
It is supposed to be "false flag". At least false flag correctly..
>>
>>187172760
Whoops!
>>
>The second Lelposter never mentions he is a Lelposter
Hmm.
>>
>>187173253
>>
>>187176118
Let it die so we can make a new proper one. The thread theme is a troll and the whole thread is filled with non-gaming stuff.
>>
howdy /dag/
>>
>>187178715
>>
>>187180393
>>
Don't die.
>>
What even happened to /dag/?
>>
>>187189673
It accepted its death, no idea why it took so long. Also maybe the spammer idiot has to go back to school because summerfag break is over.
>>
>>187189673
/dag/ is sustained by three posters. Two Lelposters and the Liara/Morri poster (the one who bitches about everything, complains about Lelposters being spammer when they are not, likes samefagging, etc). Both Leliana posters got tired of him and left, and now you have the lonely Liara poster bumping the thread 24x7.
>>
>all morrigan posters are the same person
Nice try, Lelposter.
>>
>>187191442
Isn't one of the lelposters a half Morri poster?
>>
what's /dag/'s opinion on Dragon Age Redesigned again? I'm replaying and I cant remember if it was worth the effort.
>>
>>187191575
Yes, probably: >>187083273
>>
So I got DA:O free on Origins way back and I'm finally getting around to playing my first modded run. How do I obtain the DLC? The in-game method isn't working for some reason and I can't make heads or tails of Origins. Shit is retarded. Would pirating work with Origins games?
>>
>>187192637
How's your download speed? It's much easier to pirate the whole GOG Ultimate Edition and apply another small patch. This way, you will be up to date and have all DLCs.

That little patch is difficult to find on public trackers for some reason, so let me know if you need help.
>>
>page 10
>>
D - Dragon
E - Age
D - General
>>
Any way for me to pirate the white march and merge it into my Steam copy of PoE? Or maybe a way to pirate the whole game and move my save file? I'm a bit of a poorfag at the moment but WM atleast Part 1 has some great spells my Ice Wizard could use earlier than Spell Level 5.
>>
>>187206908
Maybe try downloading https://rarbg.to/torrent/csbldka
Run setup, point it to where the game is installed and don't apply the crack at the end. Steam may or may not check DLC ownership.
>>
>>187190759
Nah man I'm pretty sure the spamming piece of shit just had to go back to school to repeat 9th grade for the 3rd time and is too busy doing homework.
>>
I hate the dumb Mass Effect OP. Please make a Dragon Age themed thread.
>>
>>187216537
This thread is nowhere near the bump limit.
>>
>>187217196
Do you really want to post in this thread for like 4 more days? Just look at that Shepard's face.
>>
>>187217454
Does anything prevent you from posting about Dragon Age in this one?
>>
>>187193563
I downloaded the GOG ultimate edition. Thing is, I already spent an evening modding my Origins copy, is there a way to move all my mods to the pirated version? I already copied the modded, would replacing the pirates version's override folder do it? I also did some mods via NMM, I can just change the game path from that to the pirates version's, right?

Also, what's this about a patch?
>>
>>187219435
>*I already copied the modded override folder
>>
>>>/v/388238765
>>
>>187219435
Yes, moving the override folder should work. No idea about the NMM, but for dazip mods DAO-Modmanager is quite good and it can also work with overrides: http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/277/

Patch 2.1.1.5 for for the GOG version: my.mixtape.moe/rexufr.zip
>>
>>187223338
Thanks a lot, anon!
>>
>>
Lesser Lyrium Potion
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.