[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/xcg/ XCOM General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 756
Thread images: 130

File: Poster_034.png (1MB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Poster_034.png
1MB, 720x1080px
No snake-fuckers edition.

Previous Operation>>186434520

News:
1)EXPANSION dropping August 29th
>https://xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>[YouTube] XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announce Trailer (embed)
>[YouTube] 112 new things in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Yes, seriously) (embed)
>https://pastebin.com/8prFHUNj (embed)
>Demo for the WotC photo booth now available: http://store.steampowered.com/app/433050/XCOM_2_War_of_the_Chosen__Propaganda_Center/

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point AMA
>http://pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1 (embed)
>[YouTube] Phoenix Point Fig Movie (embed)

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>https://pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.4 is OUT
>https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>http://pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4 (embed)

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>http://imgur.com/a/S1qfx

<<Helpful XCOM 2 Links!>>

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>http://pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z (embed)

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>https://mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>http://pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN (embed)
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>http://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html
>>
File: 1503089386679.png (982KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503089386679.png
982KB, 800x1200px
>>
File: coiled men.webm (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
coiled men.webm
3MB, 1600x900px
XCom soldiers were made to lay with serpents.
>>
File: Poster_033.png (393KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Poster_033.png
393KB, 720x1080px
>>186598253
DELET
>>
File: BF1 Autistmatico.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BF1 Autistmatico.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>And they were little better than criminals themselves from what Barzano could tell. A more devious nest of scheming
vipers he had scarce encountered - outside his own organisation, he reflected with a wry grin. Each of the cartels had, at
one point or another, allied with one other in return for short-term goals and profits, before reneging on their contracts and
supporting yet another cartel. It appeared that this was a quite normal state of affairs and it depressed Barzano immensely
to think that, as the forty-first millennium drew to a close, humanity still could not put aside its differences when virtually
every alien race in the galaxy was bent on its destruction.

>Vipers

ree
>>
File: Welkin_Gunther_Profile.png (216KB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
Welkin_Gunther_Profile.png
216KB, 400x720px
>valkyria ports never

fuck
>>
>>186598253
>Wanting to fuck Sneks who larp as thinmen.
Collaborators should be shot on sight.
>>
I'm playing xpiratez. How the fuck are you supposed to defend a new base when there's nowhere to put the defenders?
>>
I swear I cant finish any LW2 campaign because I just keep restarting after getting 3/4 through the game
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
Huehuehue ports when
>>
>>186598838
Also why has one of my retarded newbies been given a promotion when there's half a dozen other pirates who have near max stats and far better career stats?
>>
All vipers must fucking hang
>>
>10 days until cute Skirmisher waifus

I can't fucking wait
>>
>>186598114
That's terrible. That's so fucking terrible. I love it.
>>
File: Nightmaiden1.png (2MB, 1600x2227px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmaiden1.png
2MB, 1600x2227px
D E P L O Y E D
>>
File: 95% Chance to Hit.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
95% Chance to Hit.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>186598321
Get ready for a snek faction you can recruit.
>>
Wait does WOTC change Alien Hunter DLC so you don't get to play as Central anymore and just make it so the Rulers spawn in facilities now? I actually like the snake den level.
>>
>>186604686
Yeah, and you don't get the backstory on how Vahlen created them...which makes it a bit odd when you hit your first facility and Bradford starts rambling on about "Vahlen's creations". I hope Lost Towers is still included, that mission is fun as hell.
>>
>>186604686
>>186604776

You can choose if you want them the new way, or the old way, or the no way where they just spawn and rape you.
>>
>>186604865
Yeah? Cause I watched this one YT and when he integrated it it spawned in a facility. Guess I have to wait for the 29th to actually see it.

>>186604776
I actually like the story, they should have made it so that the Berserker and Archon King were the only ones guarding the facility which makes sense since they're the only 2 that left the den.
>>
This is a retarded noob question, and I should know the answer given how mlong I've owned the game, but have never tried.

How does the XCOM 2 psionics training work in regards to soldier class?
I've always put rookies in for Psi training. Can you put veterans in for psi training?
Do they get to keep any of their old abilities if so, or do they just benefit from better (or worse) stat gains?
>>
>>186604865
If you do it the old way, the Berserker Queen and Archon King will only appear when you attack ADVENT facilities, then become random encounters if they escape from those missions?
>>
>>186605017
No, rookies only.
>>
>>186605017
You can only put rookies for psi training unlike in 1 where it's a late game/chance thing where you can put your colonel and still retain their skills.
>>
>>186605017
You can only put rookies in psi training
>>
>>186605041

That doesn't sound like the old way.
>>
>>186597882
Way to break the YouTube links
>>
>>186605493
What do you expect? We didn't EVAC in time.
>>
>>186605185
It's still starting off their content the old way, going to the cave and confronting the Viper King. What I'm asking is if the other two Rulers will only appear guarding facilities and then become random encounters after that.
>>
>>186605941
Yeah I think the other 2 rulers will only proc if you go to their facility.
>>
>>186605941

Doubt it.
>>
>>186605493
No one else was making a new thread, I've never done this before so maybe you should have made it.
>>
>>186603776
modded recruit factions would be great
>>
>>186594838
That game is so shallow.

The entire strategic design and tactical layer were focused entirely around countering X-COM strategies. It didn't do its own thing.
>>
>>186606418
Well I like the Air defense feel and also the globe feels a lot more fulfilling but yeah you're right, it's quite shallow but it's fun in its own way. Just finished playing hardwest and didn't want to be burned out when the xpac comes out
>>
>>186606418
I still like a lot of things in it, like how soldiers have previous military experience and how the map has events going on like abductions and stuff that adds to casualties and stuff. The combat was also fun it was just lacking a lot of things, I'm looking forward to see if the dev can build a lot with Xenonauts 2.
>>
>>186606954
What do you want in 2? I kinda want powersuits/mechs while still having the vehicles also for the aliens to have vehicles since when you get the tank, you can basically tank a lot of hits and kill them in 1~2 shots, also better base building since base building wasn't that good imo in 1.
>>
>>186607147
Yeah also I want the strategy layer to have deeper mechanics and better air combat, which the dev has said he is planning on doing. With the switch to a 3d engine I'm hoping there will be some decent soldier customization as imo that was one of the best parts of XCOM EU/2.
>>
>>186607415
Would be a fun mechanic if you hire the pilots personally, like they have different stats and shit. Maybe fight Humans also since it's supposed to be set during the cold war right? While you fight aliens you also fight espionage?
>>
>>186605041
No, you can't have it both ways. Old way just has the Queen and King random spawn afterwards.
>>
God dammit. Here I was enjoying Marbozir's run since he hadn't been a complete dumbass, but that facility assault was just the worst. Not only did he not know what the Viper King's Bind did if you leave a soldier in it, but he had the perfect opportunity to have his Ranger shoot it in the face to force the retreat and didn't take it.

Then later he decides to sit around for 20 turns trying to make a pod move when it was obvious they were guarding the objective and when they do finally move following his Reaper and STAND NEXT TO A CAR, the fucker doesn't use Remote Start combined with the Claymore to completely wipe them out.

How can they be this bad? These people constantly clear legend difficulty, yet they make mistakes like this again and again when they have all the time in the world to think about things and just edit it out later.
>>
>>186606392
>Help one
>Others hate you more

Would be interesting.
>>
>>186609769
Because they're human and make mistakes, especially when they're playing a new, substantial expansion pack for the first time. The fact that they, as you said, "constantly clear legend difficulty" means they can't be THAT bad. I know people who can't even beat the game on Rookie.
>>
File: 20170819161239_1.jpg (249KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170819161239_1.jpg
249KB, 1920x1200px
>>186598253
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631509676

A pity the mod is dead, looking for more silly stuff for my 2nd run (imagine your evac zone was a pigeon you had to chase around).

As someone with only the base game is there any point in me getting Alien Hunters and Shens last gift before the new expansion hits?
>>
>>186609769
>Viper King's Bind
Now, to be fair, in all my walkthroughs i've never seen a full bind. Until the vid i didn't know it knocks out the soldier.
But i have to agree with the car, seeing people NOT blow shit up with Reaper is hard.
>>
File: 1497075538063.png (121KB, 330x340px) Image search: [Google]
1497075538063.png
121KB, 330x340px
>A Chosen can spawn during Terror missions
>>
>>186610198
This isn't even making mistakes. It's not even considering your options. Youtubers shouldn't have this problem, especially since he was sitting there for a good long while cutting out footage. Meanwhile you have Bahroo that's checking out Remote Start every time it popped up. Odd as well looked at least looked at it and tried to use it before moving into a poor position. Marb just got his head in ONE direction and stuck with it, instead of thinking maybe he should try a new approach when things weren't working.

It's ok to make mistakes. It isn't ok to say "I know this isn't exciting for you guys, but I'm going to do this anyway."
>>
>>186610559
I don't even remember where I first saw that it did that, but I also knew from encounters with the other Rulers that their moves were stronger then their regular variants and all of them could knock unconscious. Even if I hadn't known for a fact.

But yeah, this is getting really stupid. People are writing the Reaper off as a worse Sniper simply because of their damage. Not even taking into account their other abilities. I have yet to see anyone take Distraction, or Blood trail. They see Banish and flip their shit, but won't take Blood Trail? A free extra 5 damage on Banish and nothing. Or maybe how they could get someone other then the Reaper to set off a set claymore and use the Reaper to clean up a straggler. I've seen too many one off lethals and yet it never crosses their mind.

God it just makes the wait even harder. I am going to destroy everything.
>>
>>186598473
>Vipers

Is a word in English. Do you start flailing you arms woldly when you encounter words like "commander", "berserker" or "sniper" in other media?
>>
>>186611763
Only when we're on page 10.
>>
>>186610569
Yup, you aren't winning that one.

>A chosen can spawn during an ambush
>>
>>186611763
I actually do
>>
>>186611616
>God it just makes the wait even harder.
Well shit, looks like Jake's plans are even more devious than one could imagine.
>>
>>186613302
I don't think it's a very good plan when most people that are watching have already gotten the game. Bad play usually disways people from buying as they think it makes the game look bad.

Especially when people keep complaining that the new classes don't feel all that great. Except the Templar, I think I have seen only one person complain that the Templar is completely worthless. Everyone else loves to hate on the Skirmisher and just keep him around for his ability to command anyone.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (260KB, 1645x922px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
260KB, 1645x922px
So how does one work out mod conflicts aside from the one-at-a-time approach with every variation needing a new save?

Using most of the modlist from the pastebin but cannot fathom why Cost Based Ability Colours is not activatiing.
Mod launcher shows the following overrides (pictured) but nothing else touched that internal class
>>
>>186613893
I think it's just outdated and something in base game changed. There was some debate on if it was causing the slow down on the geoscape or not.
>>
>>186613893

>other than one at a time

You disable half your mods and if the problem is gone then you disable half of the mods of the half you had disabled before and so on and so forth until you track it down.
>>
Chaos Dreadnought&Dreadnought VP for sparks when
>>
>>>186587992
>explain
Well the two most obvious examples would be using Covering Fire as a form of crowd control since LW ayys don't like to provoke overwatch shots, and doing a massed charge into a large number of ayys, since they will try to take cover as a priority if flanked, and using a lot of people in the charge means they have to double-move to find cover, so they don't shoot back despite having a bunch of close targets out of cover. They still trigger ccs when they flee for cover, too
>>
>>186613863
>Reaper's not great when you're not reaping
>Skirmisher's not great when you're not skirmishing
>Templar's not great when you're not templing
Imagine that
>>
>>186613863
That's one way of seeing it.
Doesn't seeing those shitty moves makes you want to play it even more? "Man, i could do it so much better"
>>
>>186613863
>disways
'Dissuades.' As in opposite of persuades.
>>
Why dont they allow us to add faces
>>
>>186609769
>Marbozir uses item to reveal enemies ahead on the map
>He then double moves guy into their pod to activate them

What the fuck lmao how do you play like this
>>
>>186614041
Ok, hadn't heard about it causing issues considering it's generally considered essential..

Sadly its widespread use also means no-one has bothered coming up with a definitive list of all single action abilities and items
>>
>>186615065
But you only have a small possibility of someone that is into strategy games thinking like that. The majority don't think tactically like that, they can't see the systems that we do. They might be able to tell something was a bad move, but that's going to be a minority. Why do you think that most people think even the base game is unfair? The thing that grabs the normies more then anything is the feeling that they can do it too and that means seeing good plays and explanations for those good plays so they can follow along.

>>186615179
Thanks. I don't know why I couldn't get it out. I knew it wasn't right, but my brain just wasn't giving my the right letter. I guess I got stuck on Sway.
>>
>>186615497
Because they don't want wall-to-wall Trump.
>>
>>186615504
>"What, that activated? COME ONNNNN"

Yeah, it's pretty bad sometimes. Though I must admit, once you get Tactical Analysis, moving into a pod on your turn will have less of an impact. Aliens only getting one action on their turn means either shooting or moving.
>>
are animations faster in wotc or am i seeing shit
>>
>>186615879
Seeing shit. There is a 'zip mode' in the options, someone might have it on, but otherwise it's the same speed as vanilla.
>>
>>186615497
>>186615732

From my limited understanding, it is possible, just very hard, and the new faces would have to be variations of the existing faces, if you are curious why google "Morph targets" because that is how the different faces are done.

As far as i know, i could be wrong, maybe it is impossible and that's why modders have to add new faces as head props with an invisible head available.
>>
>>186615991
hold the fuck up, this is what it's for? i description never displays for me so i didn't use that
>>
Reapers should have a pistol primary. Less STALKER-like but I think people would understand how to use them better.
>>
>>186616478
Yeah, zip mode makes a few animations faster. Like gremlin flying and a few others, but otherwise all animations remain the same speed. What did you think it was used for?
>>
>>186616530

Mods will fix it. I'm sure we'll get a multitude of classes for skirmishers, reapers and templars once the expansion is out.

Actually not sure about Templars, they can already do everything.
>>
>>186616648
>Mods will fix it
That's the problem desu, no one is making animation mods. Pistols need new animations for primary weapon.
>>
>>186616530
No, I don't think anything would change. The complaint about their damage would stay the same. Aside from that, making pistol their base weapon means giving them Faceoff or Fanfire and I can't imagine the chaos that would cause when they can have three claymores out at the same time.
>>
File: reaper_skills.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reaper_skills.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
Is there some kind of skill tree video? Been looking for a text version but couldn't find one.
>>186615551
>feeling that they can do it too
Then it's a win-win situation? Seasoned players see the vids and want to do better, more casual folks see the cool shit and explanations and want to try those moves. Both audiences get hooked.
>>
File: 1500069118893.jpg (31KB, 432x301px) Image search: [Google]
1500069118893.jpg
31KB, 432x301px
>>186616808

Animations might be hard but your lack of faith is troubling miscreant, mods shall fix all ailments and buff THE ELDERS'S MOST LOYAL CHAMPION TO HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE AS GOD KING OF ALL ADVENT FORCES ON EARTH
>>
>tfw 10 more days

i wish i could just stasis myself
>>
Post more of the ELDER'S MOST LOYAL CHAMPION
>>
>>186617082
>more casual folks see the cool shit and explanations

That's the problem. The cool shit was coming from the streamers who actually seem to know what they are doing and have been playing 10 hours a day. Youtubers are just starting, yet have more exposure because everyone already knows them, so they have yet to get to the real cool stuff and the abilities they do have, they don't use, or use poorly and give a bad presentation of them. So far Odd is the only one that is doing well and actually gives some explanation into his thought process when it comes to engaging. Like his correct statement on not overwatching on concealment all the time, as it can be better to try to move in for a flank, or back off when they end up taking good cover and you have no follow up.

Marbozir doesn't seem to do any of this, he's like Odd in that he waffles about his decisions, but he doesn't give good explanations. In fact I haven't seen anyone make a good video explaining things like Advent AI and why it makes certain moves safe and which don't. Or why certain abilities are literally garbage and which are god tier.

I expect a bunch of floundering around by new players when it comes to using the new classes, even though their abilities are pretty easy to understand.
>>
File: 1502819880884.png (515KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502819880884.png
515KB, 720x1080px
>>186617681
>>
>>186616818
>making pistol their base weapon means giving them Faceoff or Fanfire
No it doesn't, those are Sharpshooter skills.
>>
>>186617816
So, it's gonna be rulers all over again?
>>
>>186618139
In that all the casuals think they are complete bullshit when really they are a joke? Yes.
>>
One of these days I'm going to port BF1's End of Round themes over

https://youtu.be/WC1DLT1s_hw

https://youtu.be/WGa0cQHrrdM
>>
>>186617197
and yet the only mod I've seen that changes any animations is a viper mod made for the hell of it then promptly abandoned.

Maybe it's the draw of the simple steam workshop model but it feels like there's a much smaller pool of variation in mod types compared to games where people had to scrounge around on nexus/moddb
>>
>>186618042
I mean access to them in their XCOM skill list. Otherwise their pickings would be rather slim. Only the most generic abilities like all the grenade perks, Salvo, Volatile mix, Untouchable, maybe Guardian. To deny a pistolier THE pistol skills would just be silly.

Would a stealth pistol class be completely broken? Damn straight it would. I built a sharpshooter and a rogue like that and it was freaking stupid.
>>
>>186618626

Well, LW2 and Advent Pathfinders have new animations in there somewhere. Nothing big but the sawed off shotgun fire animation and the Pathfinder's scanner animations are new. Technically laser weapons also have new animations because they like open and extend and shit when they fire.
>>
>I'll just ignore the objectives and watch ADVENT kill the lost
>Wait what's happening why are there so many lost and why am I losing
>>
>>186617082
>Is there some kind of skill tree video?

Nope, but we know all the Reapers abilites.

>Corporal
Remote Start
Blood trail
All attacks made against a target already hurt deal +1 damage Since the Reaper has pretty low standard damage, this is great for finishing off already hurt enemies in the early game.
>Sergeant
Target Definition
All revealed targets will remain revealed for the rest of the mission. Absolutely amazing for scouting. Never have to worry about running into a pod in the fog ever again.
Sharpnel
Claymore damage increased from six to eight and increases it's radius from one to three.
>Lieutenant
Born in Shadow?
If you kill with your rifle from shadow, then the chance to be revealed will not increase. Good for if you want to make a flanking shooting build, as a Reaper should be finishing off weakened or small prey and will hopefully remain undetected.
Distraction
Kills made with the Claymore put the Reaper back in Shadow. Given the damage of the upgraded claymore, this shouldn't be hard especially if paired with remote start.
????
>Captain
Sting
A special shot
Soul Harvest
When the Reaper kills with the rifle, adds 5% crit, up to 20%
>Major
Extra Claymore
Gain one additional use of Claymore, duh
Banish
Fire all shots remaining until you kill your target, all shots have their own separate aim roll
>Colonel
Homing Claymore
Attach a Claymore to an enemy, when damaged, the claymore will detonate
Annihilate
Banish will now fire at the next closest enemy if you kill the first targeted enemy. This will continue until you are out of ammo or out of enemies.
>>
>>186620429
Freaking hell

Sting
A special shot that can be made from concealment. Will not break Shadow. This ability has one charge and a 3 turn "cooldown", which means it can't be used from mission start and you must wait 3 turns into the mission to be able to use it.
>>
>>186619536
God that infuriated me so much watching Odd do that. I was actually rooting for the Assassin Chosen when she showed up. Watching all these streamers is some kind of masochistic hell for me while waiting.
>>
>>186620429
Annihilate sounds great for ammo efficiency with a superior magazine.
>>
>>186621194
Eh, it's not really that great. Max ammo you can get with the Vector Rifle and it's upgrades is 6. At the late game when you get it, it means you might kill a Andromedon from full HP and then shoot once more at something else. Waiting for a bunch of targets to be heavily damaged and using it is obviously the best thing you can do, but you aren't going to be able to wait that long most of the time.

Oh and it also has only one charge. So make sure the time is right, or it can just be a big waste. Really if I wanted to max it's potential, I would put a Repeater on.
>>
>>186621725
With Blood Trail, at max upgrades damage variance would result in 41 to 69 damage on a single target. Shame it's still getting out done by Rapid Fire.
>>
>class starts next week
>WotC releases on a lab day
Fug
>>
File: IMG_2730.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2730.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>
>>186620859
I think the only thing that really bothers me when the Assassin shows up is people not realizing they can flank and reveal her. Even with Jake saying "They have YOUR abilities, they work like you do", they just ignore it, hunker all around each other and overwatch. Even when they KNOW that Overwatch does fuck all to her. Instead they could be spreading out to maximize sight lines, so that when she runs in from wherever she spawned, she would reveal and sit there like a moron.

They do the same thing with the Spectre too, it can conceal and they just sit there overwatching. Sometimes they get lucky and the stupid thing flanks itself and it's like "Oh, there it is." Without thinking on why it said REVEALED.
>>
>>186621725
Isn't there a way to get 4 tier attachments now?
>7 shots with 20% chance of instakill.
>>
>>186622959
Oh, yes. Of course. I don't know why I was thinking that was the max. All attachments can move up a rank through a breakthrough. 20% instant kills will be rather nice. I await seeing someone hit 7 insta kills with Banish.
>>
File: IMG_2743.jpg (360KB, 1920x1243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2743.jpg
360KB, 1920x1243px
What went wrong?
>>
>>186623319
Nothing. I like them. They have this sleek and powerful look to them. Ethereals had that horrifying aspect going on, with the floating and the four arms. Avatar is better from the story stand point they were going for. The Ethereals want to be GODS and view the human form as perfection that humans are currently wasting.
>>
>>186623563
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>186623609
>dumb avatarposter calling anyone else reddit
dumb avatarposter
>>
File: IMG_2742.jpg (59KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2742.jpg
59KB, 637x358px
Ayys have the best weapons.
>>
Didn't mind the avatar concept. face mask looks a bit daft but the alternative would likely have been unmasked ADVENT with glowing eyes so probably for the best.

Wasn't a fan of the commander becoming even more of a super special self-insert snowflake by the end.
EW did it better with psionics being believably basic in humans with your 'chosen' hero simply capable of interfacing with a device rather than soloing 3 Elders of untold age and power.

God knows what they plan for X3 if it happens following that sequal bait ending.
>>
>>186623319
that question as it is is entirely subjective.

Tell us what you don't like, and more than likely there will be a reasonable explanation as to why it is the way it is, either through ingame means like lore, or irl tech/resource limitations.
>>
>>186622740
>they just ignore it, hunker all around each other and overwatch. Even when they KNOW that Overwatch does fuck all to her.

This is what the Ironman/Legend meme does to people. The idea of taking risks and playing aggressively - doing anything other than the standard beagle overwatch crawl - just doesn't occur, even when the developers continually implement systems to make that style of play non-optimal.
>>
File: Poster_000.png (1MB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Poster_000.png
1MB, 720x1080px
pls no bully
>>
>>186623803
>rinky dink plasma guns

EW plasma>2 plasma
>>
>>186624146
Noice
>>
>>186623803
I don't think I've ever seen a standard muton engage in melee attack, do they ever put that blade to use?
>>
File: IMG_2744.png (81KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2744.png
81KB, 300x225px
>>186624019
It's a step-down from the Ethereal look in Xcom EU.
>>
>>186624210
False, but you can have your opinion
>>
>>186624352
They can bayonet charge and parry melee
>>
>Enemy right next to ranger
>Shotty hit
>Fails to kill enemy
>Didn't slash before using shotty
wtf is wrong with these people
>>
>>186624648
only good one is the plasma staff but only because it doesn't look like a kids toy
>>
>>186624093
Never done Ironman, game glitches out too often for me to even think about doing. But I never found Legend to be really too much.for being aggressive. Actually being aggressive was probably the best choice in most instances.

>>186624994
They are being smart and not confusing Long War mechanics with Vanilla. Slash causes your turn to end, so he was going with the higher damage.
>>
>>186625126
Oh really?

Why does LW2 make melee so much stronger than vanilla? Is it because lump is just a fucking weeb or what?
>>
>>186625234
Because they wanted it to be a risk-reward mechanic
>>
>>186625234
It's because he needed a way to not make Shinobi suck complete ass. So he made it able to take out something close to you and still be able to Fleche another target.

I would say that WotC did it much better with the Templar for a melee focused class and the changes to Bladestorm has caused Ranger damage to skyrocket. It no longer triggers on just something coming into the 1 square radius around you, or attacking. It can now trigger on things leaving as well. The Assassin's sword also can't miss.
>>
>>186622740
Whoa, I had no idea the Spectre can conceal. But I agree with you on the other points.
>>
File: 20170815221258_1.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170815221258_1.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>186625610
>needed a way to not make Shinobi suck complete ass
lump was perhaps too successful
>>
>>186625613
Yeah, I was kind of surprised they could too. Their ability is called Vanish and like Reaper's shadow, it increases how far they can move and they can already move pretty far. If you activate them from far off, they will almost always Vanish before moving closer to you. It's a free action as well, like Codex teleport.

>>186625809
Only the people that know the true power of the Shinobi will come to appreciate that. I remember when they first put out the perk pack and I thought that Fleche was the most broken shit. Hitting for 20 damage in the early game was stupid. Because of how it counts movement, how it works with Reaper is also just way beyond anything. I know Reaper isn't the best in the base game, but that turned it into probably the best skill in the game.

How high have you gotten it? 100?
>>
File: 20170815010827_1.jpg (670KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170815010827_1.jpg
670KB, 1920x1080px
>>186625610
But did they make it so bladestorm doesn't trigger against mutons?
>>
>>186626216
No, no it still does. I think I would actually be kind of mad if it didn't. Still, Counterattack is only a chance to happen and eating the damage isn't that bad. It's the disorient I would be worried about. Besides, if you have killed something, then it misses and Counterattack has a cooldown and Bladestorm triggers against it. Oh and guess what? Templars can get Return Fire in addition to Bladestorm, and Bladestorm counts as Rend, so if you kill with it, it generates focus.
>>
File: IMG_2719.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2719.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Can you make your soldiers fat?
>>
>>186626487
>Templars get bladestorm
Gonna be my favorite class
>>
>>186626487
>something runs past your fully powered up templar
>templar uses bladestorm
>bladestorm counts as rend
>templar hits it
>have perk that gives splash to rend
>splash damage spills over your entire team, including the vip
>team was already at 1-2 health each due to viper venom
I sure hope this is a possibility
>>
>>186625024
Keep pretending blob thrower can compete with beam cannons
>>
>>186626637
Yeah, probably mine too. They get really powerful at end game. Arc wave at 3 focus, deals 6 damage to everything it hits and it can go through solid walls. Stunning Blast can push units back, meaning you can knock things off of buildings. It's also good for pushing something into a soldiers sight lines. Amplify means things take 33% increased damage and this is one of their early skills. A 9 damage shotgun blast turns into 12 and this damage increase stacks with things Rupture. Oh and did I mention it doesn't end their turn. So you can Amplify and then Rend.

Parry completely blocks a single attack, so Templars are good meat shields. Deflect gives you a 20/30/40/50 percent chance to completely negate a targeted ranged attack, depending on focus and if you have the next perk, Reflect, you have a 50% chance of a Parried or Deflected attack being returned for all of it's damage it would have done.
>>
>>186626487
Every time a muton has counter attacked me they've killed the soldier
>>
>>186626091
That's... really good to know, thanks. I'm now torn about feeling good knowing that or not. 10 days out and I'm wondering if I should evac from this general and go radio silent until release now. Decisions.
>>
>>186627249
Luckily Arc Wave only goes off on the Rend ability and not Bladestorm. I also believe it can't hurt your own people. It's basicly free fucking damage with no downside, except maybe hitting an explosive.
>>
>>186627264
>bitch beams
vs
>blob of plasma in your face

plasma lasers suck
>>
>>186627589
FACT CHECK: FALSE

Hot beam of ionized gas arcing across the air > squish squish squish
>>
>>186627423
Oh. I saw in one of the dev streams that it does highlight your people when they're in the wave, so I assumed it would hurt them, and they were careful to manouevre it so that it didn't land on the person.
>>
>>186627270
This is some Jedi shit. Wonder if the endgame will be even more boring now.
>>
>>186627760
>hot ass gas
vs
>hot AF jam

boi
>>
>>186628016
Anon the projectiles are not jam. Plasma is a gas.
>>
>>186627794
Well there you go. Still, the wave can be manipulated pretty well depending on where you slice and generally you won't have people standing among enemies. So I don't think it will be a problem.

>>186627919
Given Bahroo's stream. I would say it ultimately depends on how lucky you are, or just your build. It takes a lot of AP to get all those abilities and you don't get many points for the XCOM point pool. So if you get things like Deflect and Reflect, you are probably going to miss out on the other things. Like Pillar, just make High Cover where you want. Or Invert and Exchange. Which allows you to target an enemy or friendly and change positions. Bahroo used Exchange on one of the Avenger's Turrets
>>
>>186628267
https://clipstwitchtv//ObliviousAbstemiousFiddleheadsPlanking
>>
>Only stream up right now is a German who just got to the blacksite
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22KB, 414x119px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22KB, 414x119px
>>186628057
>Plasma is a gas

Partially incorrect.
>>
>>186628479
clipstwitchtv/FreezingLachrymoseThymePipeHype

The saga continues Holy shit Tygan, no wonder the UFO found us
>>
>>186628608
I know what it is in the technical sense. But anon seemed to think it's some kind of gel or paste.
>>
File: IMG_2746.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2746.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
DUDE ZOMBIES AND ALIENS LMAO
>>
>>186623319
The purple visor plus the white hair looks Sonichu as fuck, plus instead of a vague view of an eye through the visor they should have had a maw-ful of fangs grinning madly.

Also their AI was retarded and they usually kill themselves by trying to nuthin perssonel you and landing right in front of an unimpressed Ranger with a shotgun.
>>
>>186629453
This is why I dropped Bore of the Chosen
>>
>>186629556
Most of the enemies have retarded AI in this game.
>>
>>186629556

>they should have had a maw-ful of fangs grinning madly.

God no, that's even worse.
>>
>>186611763

I think that was some exert from a Warhammer fanfic.
>>
>>186630570
If they didn't, humans wouldn't stand a chance. Though the have changed it a bit, they actually seek out high ground if they can and seem to be better on picking different cover depending on your squad. So if you have lots of cover destruction, they try to take high cover that can't be easily destroyed. They are also less keen on taking a car if they can help it.
>>
>>186630570
Most of them are smart enough to not leap in front of your troops begging to be shot, though.

Although I did once get my ranger duo into a ruck with 3 pods during which a mech decided to run to a doorway, from being 3 squares away from both of them, directly between the two of them getting double bladestormed in the process. One missed, so he survived and fired a grenade, scratching one and blowing up a chryssalid. He didn't even go through the doorway and there was no reason to move, plus he only hit one of them with the grenade. Never seen anything so dumb from the AI before or since.

>>186630949
I'm more trying to get away from faglord to predator, but yeah it's probably faglord to edglord.

>>186631021
>exert
Excerpt.
>>
>Vague view of an eye
I'm pretty sure it's face isn't a giant eye, it's the signature giant nose that all ADVENT have since the troopers, etc were all tests of playing with human DNA.

The white hair is there to be noticeable and it does the job and contrasts well with the purple and black. Honestly I can't think of another colour that wouldn't look gaudier (glowing yellow SS?) or just wouldn't attract as much attention (more purple/black)
>>
>>186631261
>likes cyberninjas
>can't format a post
Back to plebbit with you.
>>
>>186631064
>>186631134
Do sectoids still try to mind control when they have the perfect chance to kill you?
>>
>>186629617
Fuck off goldhawk shill

Go play your puddle deep game
>>
>>186631465
I dunno, I shoot them if they're badly placed and ignore them otherwise so they waste their turns. They're too squishy to be a threat, really.
>>
>>186631465
From what I have seen? It depends on the state of their pod and if they are the last thing on the map. If their pod is healthy, they will take a flank shot. If they are down a man or two, they will try to Mind Spin or Reanimate depending on if one is on cooldown or not. If they are the last of a pod and they aren't the last enemy on the map? They will run away even if flanking. If they are the last thing on the map? It's a coin flip.

So don't count on it always going for Psi, it COULD turn and shoot you, but Sectoids will generally use Psi when they can since it's easy for them to land. But they do learn and stop using Psi if you have things like Mind Shield or Solace around now. So you can't trick them into wasting their turn every time they have Mindspin up.
>>
>>186629015
>clipstwitchtv/FreezingLachrymoseThymePipeHype

Tygan's obsession with burgers is funnier to me than anything Vahlen ever did.
>>
>>186630570
It's more they are intentionally coded to close in and engage. The difficulty in EU/EW is pods would generally hold their ground, back up to a more defencible permission or run to another nearby pod for chain activations.

I expect early on in development they realised this would only piss off players since it would mean more prolonged firefights and many many failed timers as a result

>>186631415
When did I talk about the Codex? Nothing cyber about an avatar.
>>
>>186631997
Everyone's funnier in War of the Chosen. Even Bradford. Have you heard what he says in regards to how much the Chosen talk?
>>
>>186632198
I haven't, no. Do tell?
>>
File: Avatat.jpg (317KB, 728x1457px) Image search: [Google]
Avatat.jpg
317KB, 728x1457px
>>186631134

Avatars just need a fancy helmet and a cape. Maybe long white hair instead of SSJ hair.
>>
>>186632329
That's a good idea to make them less DBZ, more non wrinkly ethereal at full power
>>
>>186632087
>Nothing cyber about an avatar.
It looks like it got fired from Naruto and it teleports.
>>
>>186632264
clipstwitchtv/BoxyVictoriousDiamondNononoCat
>>
>It's a "all the characters are voiced by the cast of TNG" game
what did they mean by this
>>
>>186631261
>I'm pretty sure it's face isn't a giant eye.
>Star control2
>Spathi were terrorized by sectoids.
>Sentient energy=Psionics

Good Lord, it all is so clear now!
>>
>>186632804
That they are amazing actors and I love them. I mean they got John Delancie, fucking Q to play Geist. It's so fucking perfect it hurts.
>>
>>186632804
on purpose obviously
>>
>>186632793
self awareness is funny
>>
>>186632329
A simple hood with the cape would do. Someone has already done a hooded ethereal mod and it does make them look pretty badass. Add a cape and yeah, they'd be damn fine.
>>
>>186598838
>>186600192
You don't. You have to decide what buildings to put up first in your new base, and if it gets detected, it's gone. On the other hand, you usually haven't invested much in it yet, so it's mostly just an annoyance. You can build one of those buildings that have small amounts of living space and storage space first to get defenses up ASAP.

>Also why has one of my retarded newbies been given a promotion when there's half a dozen other pirates who have near max stats and far better career stats?
I'm not exactly sure how promotions work, though really they don't matter besides morale mechanics and salary. I would at least turn on the option that makes it so that only soldier actively going on missions get promotions so you don't get C-Team seat warmers getting promoted.
>>
File: stop.png (1MB, 828x750px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
1MB, 828x750px
Stop watching WOTC streamers
>>
>>186634928
You're right, its too fucking frustrating
>>
>>186634010
Cool, thanks. I eventually figured a burrow/hideout was the only option. Annoying, I'd expect that to be mentioned somewhere in one of the starter guides.
>>
>>186634928
I can't, I need to know more. The more I see these fools bumbling their way through the new missions, the less I have to worry about cocking them up myself.
>>
>>186636248
>It's a "guy fires without moving or reloading 4 times in a row" stream
>>
>>186637125
>he's using a ranger with bladestorm
>>
>>186636248
Eh, I think I got the jist of it by now. Now the only thing to worry about going forward is how much the various combat intelligence give on level up for their respective levels. Good thing the increase IS RETROACTIVE, if you get the covert action to give them the next level. I hope to god the first Templar I get is a Savant. Too many abilities that are just god and I know I won't be able to decide between them.

Oh, that's right. We don't have to worry about abilities going off screen anymore, they just get put under the ones we already have. Much better then that stupid button we had to push to get it to scroll before.
>>
>>186637274
>He's not using a Ranger with Bladestorm

Seriously, it's way too good now and its really easy to get more then enough aim from covert actions to negate the overwatch penalty. Also the Chosen's sword can't miss. I have seen Arc Blade stun four times in a row, I swear it must have been bugged or something. In all my time playing, using that piece of shit blade, I never stunned.

But now, not only it, but the Ionic Ripjack, constantly stunning shit. Apparently the Tempest Gauntlet's on the Templar can also stun. STUN FOR EVERYONE! Take that fucking Stunlancers.
>>
>>186637771
I was talking about someone using a ranger with bladestorm but just having them sit in one spot and fire for multiple turns and NOT using the sword.
>>
From what I can see, overwatch vs lost is really fucking shit waste of ammo
>>
>>186638112
Oh, that is pretty bad. Fuck that shit. I mean, why wouldn't you get up in their face for some Bladestorm action? I also seriously love that Bladestorm is now a no questions asked take, since it's easy to get both it and Implacable. Man, this really changes how I think about my rangers. That implacable move isn't going to be for getting them into cover, it's going to be for rushing more enemies for sweet sweet Bladestorm procs.
>>
>>186638187
I would say it really depends on how many lost and if your guys have good aim or not. Taking out a small group of 3-4 should be fine. Though it does mean spreading out your ammo economy and that means you are essentially wasting 4 actions instead of 1.

It also depends on how close the Lost are. If you are pretty sure they can't get to you, yeah, Overwatch is pretty much a waste. But if they will reach, why wouldn't you try to take a couple out? We will have to make sure of their movement ranges. Not use to dealing with so many melee units. Bladestorm going to see a lot of love in the early game when going on missions with the Lost.
>>
File: 1169318609512.jpg (225KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1169318609512.jpg
225KB, 1200x1500px
Does anyone else watch Galms WOTC stuff? How does his stuff stack up to other Streamers/Youtubers?
>>
What exactly does combat intelligence do? Is it experience gain or action point gain?
>>
>>186638812
It determines how many personal points that unit will gain when it levels up. Standard will gain just enough points to afford the next standard ability in their trees. While the others will get steadily more points, which means that later the soldier will be able to afford other abilities on their own, instead of dipping into the shared XCOM point pool.

XCOM points are only gathered by doing things like, killing from ambush, shooting from a flank, from height. You also get a mass of points from driving off or killing alien rulers or killing Chosen.

If I remember correctly. A savant will get double the points they normally would on level up. So it's possible for a Savant to purchase both skills on their standard tree at the same time.
>>
>>186638812
Determines the likelihood of a solder gaining an ability point from certain actions (e.g. flank shots, presumably hacks, etc.)
>>
>>186638709
He is so fucking irritating. And he won't get Templars.
>>
>>186639360
I hope a successful hack gets XCOM points. That would ensure that people are taking risks on that even if the thing they get from it is pretty shitty or just completely worthless.
>>
>>186639298
>nobody uses their XCOM points
This frustrates the autism.
>>
>>186639958
Odd so far is. It's more just that some just aren't getting lucky with what abilities the first few ranks are getting. Or they are getting abilities that they can't capitalize on at the start. Rapid fire is nice, but if you can't move the guy into position to fire with it, then it's just a waste of 25 points that could have gone to getting another skill in someone elses tree.

There are also a lot of times where you simply don't need both skills in certain classes trees and think they can just save it. Also in the early game, you have a huge chance of some of your soldiers dying, which throws away the points on whoever it was you spent it on.

No, what really makes me mad is when they don't use the Covert Action to give someone they really want to power up, more points. 18 points, more then enough to get them some broken skill, like Guardian, or Bladestorm, or UNTOUCHABLE. Nope, better just save up my XCOM points and the points from the next rank to get what I want. Opps that person died when if they had those skills they wouldn't have.
>>
File: Jy0xcqF.jpg (293KB, 720x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Jy0xcqF.jpg
293KB, 720x1045px
>>186623319

The hair. The armor/gun are kind of decent.
>>
>>186623319
The hair, thru weren't feminine enough either. They needed to be thicc curvy women.
>>
File: skully_by_captsnow47.jpg (119KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
skully_by_captsnow47.jpg
119KB, 1440x900px
>>186632329
>>Avatars just need a fancy helmet and a cape.

This.
>>
File: 1454113892455.png (99KB, 555x603px) Image search: [Google]
1454113892455.png
99KB, 555x603px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hP9uWRq644

I'm late, but advent bless this anon, my sides are gone
>>
File: StacyBell'sPrettyGood.png (182KB, 1788x1761px) Image search: [Google]
StacyBell'sPrettyGood.png
182KB, 1788x1761px
>>
>>186642084
xcom2 has multiplayer?
>>
>>186643694
It has a versus mode, where you can make a team and try to beat someone elses team. Xcom 1 had the same.
>>
Jesus fuck this christopherodd guy. The enemy target he has to assassinate is sitting out of cover and he doesn't do anything.
>>
>>186642084
kek
>>
>>186644465
And when he finally decides to attack them, he has the guys attack from the edge of their attack range instead of moving next to them and getting hit bonuses and keeps missing. Fuck this guy.
>>
File: 20170609145348_1.jpg (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170609145348_1.jpg
487KB, 1920x1080px
>>186626091
>>
File: 1475691230338.png (475KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
1475691230338.png
475KB, 600x657px
>>186645208
>>
>>186632329
>>186633578

Somebody on the workshop made a replacer mod that gives them hoods, it conflicts with the enhanced ragdoll mod htough
>>
>>186646076
If you load it after the ragdoll mod it should work while keeping the ragdolls of other enemies modded still.

At least it worked that way with tiddy archons
>>
>>186625126
Slash doesn't cause your turn to end in vanilla
>>
>>186646504
In WotC it looks like it does though
>>
>>186646271
What's this now? More collaboration bait? SInce when?
>>
>>186638631
>>186638187

I think the lost and the assassin is to force players to try to use hunker down for once.
>>
>>186646076
Wrong style of hood, I think the warden gear hood looks better on it
>>
>>186646656
Hunker down is the only thing that makes half cover safe
>>
File: ljvhpU9.jpg (237KB, 1159x871px) Image search: [Google]
ljvhpU9.jpg
237KB, 1159x871px
>>186646630
They're old news, really.
>>
>>186646859
Apparently, I need to watch the news more. Forget sneks, this is clearly for more refined tastes.
>>
>>186646504
No, I'm pretty sure it does end turn. I've had many instances of being able to target sectoids in a blue move. If I could run up and slash them in a blue move, I should be able to still shoot them. This isn't possible in vanilla.

But don't take my word for it. Have this video. You see this >I symbol. That means the move is turn ending. https://youtu.be/2cN08kGYGUY?t=20
>>
>>186646656

I don't see how hunkering down would benefit against either of those, except in the rare case of the assassin shooting you. Hunkering down only works in cover, and you generally don't get cover from melee attacks.
>>
File: Valkyrie2.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie2.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>186646859

The Valkyrie was better
>>
>>186646656
Hunker down wouldn't do anything. Maybe if the bug was still present where hunker gave you defense and dodge, even if something was flanking you, then sure. But they fixed that a while ago. Now if something hunkers and you flank it, it's like it doesn't have anything.

Even if it was in, it would only matter against the Lost. The Assassin can't miss.
>>
>>186647198
But never released outside of Skittlesâ„¢ ADVENT: the mod.
And also missing nipples.
>>
>>186647376

LW2 users got it lucky with that de-rainbowifer mod
>>
>>186646859
What mod?
>>
>>186647506
I like the rainbow desu. Makes it really easy to see those grenadier fuckers
>>
>>186647913

I feel like they could have made them noticeable without making them hot pink
>>
>>186647506
What's that mod you're talking about?

>>186647913
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/64634-xcom-2-mod-index/
It's under Moomany.
>>
Overwatch vs Lost = Waste of ammo CONFIRMED
>>
>>186648051
something like LW2 back in black
>>
>>186648051

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876043724&searchtext=back+in
>>
File: 1503047057768.png (1006KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503047057768.png
1006KB, 720x1080px
>>186648140
>>186648198
Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>186648405
is that from a DLC or mod
>>
File: previewfile_1115573783.jpg (399KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
previewfile_1115573783.jpg
399KB, 900x900px
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1115573783
>>
>>186648198
This is why mods are such a great thing. People who are turned off by the "intuitive" coloration can go to mods like this. I'm also fairly certain the tint variables are exposed in the inis, but not everyone knows the RGB color codes and such.

>>186648546
It's from loverslab
>>
File: 1503033656726.png (612KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503033656726.png
612KB, 720x1080px
>>186648405
Leg and Torso pack by Kexx. Also comes with a bunch of lewd.
>>
File: Yeah.png (55KB, 661x362px) Image search: [Google]
Yeah.png
55KB, 661x362px
Aw fuck yeah!
>>
File: Nope.png (29KB, 652x187px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.png
29KB, 652x187px
>>186649135
Wait, oh fuck no.

All those firearms.

NOOOOOOOO
>>
File: bernielaughing.jpg (382KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
bernielaughing.jpg
382KB, 1200x630px
>mfw the "expansion" drops and it's shit
>>
>>186649914
Jake can still win using this one weird trick. Click here to find out how!
>>
>>186650376
there is no way jake can fix bore of the chosen
>>
File: megu head.jpg (345KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
megu head.jpg
345KB, 1280x720px
>>186650937
say that to my face not online see what happens
>>
>>186651079
do it anigay faggot
>>
B O R E O F T H E C H O S E N
O
R
E

O
F

T
H
E

C
H
O
S
E
N
>>
File: Poster_004.png (353KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Poster_004.png
353KB, 600x900px
>>
>>186649914
>>186650937
>>186651192
You are really desperate for attention.
>>
>>186653071
or desperate to keep the thread alive
>>
>Commander we are receiving reports of a new alien lifeform. This one is unlike anything we've ever seen before. Take precautions and make sure you don't make physical contact with his legs.
>>
>>186653178
No it's just boring shitposting. We haven't been desperate to keep the thread alive for months now.
>>
>>186653229
MOOOOOOOOODS
>>
File: 1503045264209.png (547KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503045264209.png
547KB, 720x1080px
>>186653178
Should dump propanda or something instead, the 'bore of the chosen' stuff is getting stale
>>
>>186653334
it was stale on arrival
>>
>>186653229
what the fuck desu vahlen has gone too far
>>
File: Capture.jpg (55KB, 400x504px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
55KB, 400x504px
Dear God
>>
>>186653541
Lol
>>
>>186653541
are you surprised memory dumps take up space?
>>
>>186653618
No, I was just wondering why my computer booted up slowly this morning and that's why.
>>
>>186653681
I sincerely doubt those influenced your boot time. If every file on my hard drive had to be loaded it'd take an eternity to boot
>>
>>186654086
It certainly does when they are the files that max out the space left on the harddrive
>>
>>186648695
Speaking of Kexx, here's what he's been doing
>>
>>186654315
that's really cool actually
>>
File: 1454186714956.png (154KB, 266x305px) Image search: [Google]
1454186714956.png
154KB, 266x305px
>>186654315
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>186654315
Looks awesome but That poor sectiod
>>
>>186654315
Baby sectoids stole andromedon suits?
>>
>>186654280
I'm not sure how that would influence boot time at all. It's mostly the CPU pulling stuff to the RAM and loading application layers.
>>
>>186654432
More like the few old sectiods remaining got shoved into the suits because they were useless otherwise

>>186653541
100 GB of logs files in 4 months? How?
>>
So Normal Promotion = Soldier AP while Skill events have Ap added to the pool right?
>>
>>186629617
Wow, OG X-Com, EU and X2 has zombies too. Did you drop those as well?
>>
>>186654552
Mostly this type of crash
>>
So chosen don't have autopsies?
>>
>>186655579
how can their bodies be real when are eyes are not
>>
File: IMG_2749.jpg (850KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2749.jpg
850KB, 1920x1080px
>the fuck are you looking at, earthling scum
>>
>>186656160
>ywn happen upon a trio of ADVENT soldiers and offer to ease their tensions with sex
>>
File: 20170816004604_1.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170816004604_1.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>186656160
D-don't post this
>>
File: IMG_2751.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2751.png
2MB, 1334x750px
The good ending.
>>
>>186657274
Please, the chosen taking control of Earth is not a good ending. The elders abandoned us
>>
>>186657119
"Hey, that guy is back and he's staring at your ass again."

>>186656160
"You want YOUR ass stomped?"
>>
>He looks forward to snore of the chosen.
>>
>>186657274
I like the ending where Commander becomes one of the elders desu. I don't see a lot of people getting it though, it is pretty hard to set up.
>>
File: ugandan snipah.jpg (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ugandan snipah.jpg
39KB, 800x600px
Wakaliwood voice mod when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE
>>
File: IMG_2717.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2717.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>186658760
Joey voice mod when?
>>
Is it wrong to want a GTA style game set in a massive ADVENT megacity?
>>
>>186653372
This, I have never seen a worse attempt at a meme
>>
>>186659592
How about this?
>>186659038
>>
>>186658760
fuck off
>>
>>186659683
I was attempting to ignore the persistent shitposters for fear we might get cyclopsfag or LOSfag back.
>>
File: YAMEROOO.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
YAMEROOO.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>>186659842
Why would you mention them by name or action?
Stop it.
>>
Anyone have the list of Skill events for WOTC?
>>
>>186642084
kek that was me at the end
>>
File: 1499651427447.png (362KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
1499651427447.png
362KB, 680x486px
>>
>>186642084
>the penis is still in the video
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ffAtk7Ia_o

hahaha holy fuck this comedy of errors
>>
>>186668504
Give me a run down. I'm watching someone that actually knows how to play the game instead.
>>
Favorite new enemy from the expansion?
>>
>>186668736
Ran half of his squad forward
Reaper exploded vehicle and activated pod
Ran the rest of his squad into cover
Muton comes by and nadesplodes the trailer psyguy and specialist were hiding behind, bleeding out one and putting the other at 1 HP
After killing the muton and healing, he moves his grenadier forward into two pods and gets flanked and misses 94% shots and explodes a flamethrower advent which explodes and kills his guy
>>
>>186668824
Hard to say. Priests seem like they will be a little bit of a bitch, with Mind control, Stasis, Sustain and Holy Warrior (mind merge)

But I think Spectre is probably my favorite as of now. It's entire purpose seems to be based around wasting your overwatch shots since they all have Lightning Reflexes. Shadowbind takes one of your soldiers out of the fight. And they can conceal themselves, so it's easy to forget they are even in the fight. Suddenly the thing just appears behind you and your careful overwatch is used up and one of your guys are down. But even if you do remember they are in the fight, can you really afford the time in trying to flank it for a reveal and trying to kill it? It also behaves and sounds like a machine, it can't be poisoned, it can't burn. But it doesn't take increased damage from Bluescreen, or Gremlins.
>>
File: 1425675362104.png (232KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1425675362104.png
232KB, 1000x1000px
Why the fuck do all my soldiers burn to death just by touching a candle? Did they never fucking learn stop drop and roll as a child?
>>
>>186668928
>>186668736
Only reason he walked away with any troops at all is because enemies prioritized shooting civvies over his guys, and for some reason the flamethrower advent guy did 0 damage twice in a row with flamethrower
>>
>>186668928
Let me guess, he complained and call it shit because "How was I suppose to know?"

>>186669054
I'm so fucking glad they added being able to extinguish yourself by Hunkering. Setting yourself on fire with plasma weapons causing a fire on your half cover was such bullshit.
>>
Why the fuck is EVERYTHING in xcom 2 tied to a timer? It's like they want me to fucking speedrun the game from the get go. They even put a fucking literal doomsday counter on the main map ffs.
>>
>>186669469
git gud
>>
>>186669641
(You)
>>
File: 20170815175236_1.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170815175236_1.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
>>186669469
EVER VIGILANT
>>
>>186669469
1. Don't worry about the Doomsday Timer, you get lots of opportunities to shut it up if you aren't a complete retard.

2. Timers aren't that big a deal, most missions you will get out with 5 turns to spare if you aren't playing like a complete bitch. Don't overwatch crawl, learn to take chances and make mistakes.

If that's still not enough for you, wait for the expansion, where not every other mission will have a timer and you will be able to take your time for once. Along with a bunch of bonuses which will do things like increase timers by two turns. Or make it so that the timer doesn't start until you reveal yourself.

Still not enough? Still hate Doomsday clock and just want to take it nice and slow? Advanced option for doubling all timers. If that isn't enough, I don't know what to tell you man, guess the game isn't for you.
>>
>>186669860
I just don't understand why the timers are now MISSION CRITICAL. It felt perfect in EW, where if you missed the timer you missed out on extra resources, and didn't fucking fail the mission outright.
>>
>>186670040
Because they don't want you to move 1 square, overwatch, repeat ad naseum like beagle
>>
>>186669860
>Don't overwatch crawl, learn to take chances and make mistakes.
XCOM 2 does not offer the player (m)any tools to manage and minimize risk during the portion of the game (first 1/4) where the difficulty is highest. After that point, the tools offered basically eliminate risk. This, combined with the Alpha Strike design, makes for a game that can barely be called "tactical" as there really isn't that much decision making to be had. Hopefully WOTC fixes this somewhat, but RNG stealth (Reapers) and RNG research (breakthrough and inspirations) makes me think they are going in the exact opposite direction.
>>
>>186670183
Then that would've been perfectly punished by losing essential resources like with meld. Seriously, I don't understand the change.
>>
>>186670183
When this is the only tool the game gives you to minimize risk, the solution isn't to prevent this strategy, but offer players more interactive ways to manage the risk.

You might as well say that grenades should not deal guaranteed damage, because it's "cheap and boring" as well.
>>
>>186670253
Beaglump
>>
>>186670243
>I don't understand the change
Firaxis are 12 IQ dumb dumb bubble gum brain retards, I told you this yesterday.
>>
>>186670319
This is my first time getting back into Xcom since playing EW. I'm basically 2-3 years out of date on information and everything.
>>
>>186670243
Because losing meld wasn't punishing enough. It was easy to grab meld if you got a lucky map generations. Getting one meld canister every two missions was seen as fine and it only got easier to get meld as the campaign went on. So they wanted you to HAVE to move, even when it would put you in a bad position, because those are the most entertaining for most people.

If you don't like it, don't play the game.
>>
>>186670889
>If you don't like it, mod the game.
ftfy
>>
>>186670889
So the solution to that is not to make missing meld more punishing, but just make it a mission fail instead?

I'm not seeing how this isn't an incredibly blunt, unimaginative change to a supposed "problem".
>>
>>186670889
>If you don't think the exact same way I do you shouldn't play the game

Get bent you holier than thou prick.
>>
>>186670991
It's basically punishment for players who like to think in order to make the game as "fun" as it is for people who don't like to think.

Basically, they took the Reddit meme of what XCOM is and tried to force everyone's XCOM experience to be like that.
>>
>>186670991
Because the whole point of meld was to make you play dangerously. It was meant to lead to a possible mission failure. They decided to cut out the middle man. It's unimaginative because that was their intention. You read the situation wrong.

So instead of making delicious candy, which only expedited the inverse difficulty curve. They got rid of it and replaced it with a big FUCK YOU.

You aren't meant to look at the timers and think "why can't I just be punished differently". It's suppose to make you lose.

>>186671097
>I want to tell the devs how the game should be

You don't like how the game plays. That's all there is too it. If you think there could be a better way, then find someone making that kind of game and offer suggestions. Throwing around that the devs are stupid for doing something isn't doing anyone any favors. It's just useless whining, that won't change the way the game is.
>>
>>186671292
>They got rid of it and replaced it with a big FUCK YOU.
Yes, and I am saying that is stupid and unimaginative. Are you so far up Firaxis' ass you can't accept any criticism of the devs decision or something?

>It's just useless whining, that won't change the way the game is.
Oh ok, you don't seem to understand generals as a concept.
>>
>>186671292
>Throwing around that the devs are stupid for doing something isn't doing anyone any favors. It's just useless whining, that won't change the way the game is.
Is this your first day on /vg/?
>>
>>186656160
>they dont just shoot the civs ass during wartime and AFTER the "terminate all their asses" order has been given
>afterwards the civ just takes their gun and dont instantly die due to them being genelocked-boobytrapped

That ending was all a dream, commanders avatar has been captured and you are playing XCOM 2 now in the simulations instead of XCOM EU as a punsihmnet, bradford is being forcefed avent-burgers while tygan is forced to watch and not get any.
>>
File: anime girl sweating intensely.png (1MB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl sweating intensely.png
1MB, 500x646px
>>186671725
>sneks forcefeed bradford burgers while tygan looks on
>>
File: 1503102868639.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503102868639.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>>186597882

>girlfriend just broke up with me
>found her in the character pool

dubs decides what happens to her.
>>
File: little varys.jpg (174KB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
little varys.jpg
174KB, 1920x1072px
>>186672106
Who lives? Who dies? It's a trick. A shadow on the wall.
>>
>>186672106
Did you really make your girlfriend in Xcom?
At least you had one... ;_;
>>
>>186672106
switch her to dark VIP
>>
>>186672106
Delete her.
IRL, of course.
>>
>>186672106

RAWLIN'
>>
>>186672106
I don't think /vg/ has dubs.
>>
File: 1378853589463.gif (2MB, 233x180px) Image search: [Google]
1378853589463.gif
2MB, 233x180px
So I want to buy the XCOM 2, because it's pretty cheap on sale. I played mostly the older X-COMs, Apocalypse being the best game in the entire series, but I also played XCOM and thought it was quite alright.

Now I read XCOM 2 is basically improvement over first game in every respect, but I also read most of the missions are time-based with hard-failstates.

I hate that, a lot. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to turn-based games, I want to min max every turn, executing precise grand plans at slow and deliberate pace, preparing for a multi-prong maneuvers. So having a damocles-sword of a timer hanging above my neck is not what I enjoy.

I know times can be removed with mods, but I also think that kinda affects the game design too much, I guess? How intrinsic are the timers and failure states (I believe you can lose your entire team at once) to the feel and progression of the game?

Also I heard performance was shit at launch, did the patched it? I know the upcoming DLC fixes it, but I'm gonna wait for sell for it, If I was to buy the game.
>>
File: 20170320022015_1.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170320022015_1.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>186673102
Mission timers are a meme. Unless you're a really bad player, they are there to urge you to play tighter, not actually make you lose.
>>
>>186645208
>96%
Might as well be 1%, famas.
>>
>>186673102
Split the difference and use a mod that only starts the timer when you get spotted.

Or just dump the timers, the constant stream of reinforcements is enough incentive to keep moving in most cases without going full hurrdurr. The timers are there to prevent overwatch creeping, if you don't play like that anyway, there's no need for the timers.
>>
Fuck this shitty game.
>>
File: XCOM 2 08.20.2017 - 23.04.48.04.png (92KB, 583x186px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM 2 08.20.2017 - 23.04.48.04.png
92KB, 583x186px
>>186675050
promptly renamed right after getting back to base
>>
>>186674121
my main problem with it is, that it defeats one of its main reasons for existing:

If you play flawless, yes they are a non-issue, but that gets boring pretty quick.

If something goes awry (which it tries to steer you into due to forcing dashes in most cases cases), you either deal with it right there and then with one of the many (mostly lategame) freemoves, isntakills, mindcontrols, and other shit, which again, gets boring rather quick; or you flat out lose becasue the timer doesnt allow you to even fall back, let alone commit more than 2 turns to a fight.

So fight boil down to: you wipe them on reveal, or ignore/disable them and rush to the extraction.

Note, im not saying move-one tile, overwatch is fun and the epitome of gameplay, but for fucks sake, give us something in between.

With changes like keeping the fire-on-reveal on niggas in then open THEN GET IN COVER TOO should be kept all throughout not just from concealment, tweak numbers so 1hitKOs (form either side) is rare and trading fire should be an affordable alternative (wihtout going to sickbay for months), more ways to deal deliberating effects rather than just flat-out disabling them... Would greatly improve the actuials engagements qualities.
>>
>>186675454
yes but that's all more complicated than implementing a big dumb stick mechanic, so firaxis wont do it.
>>
>>186675050
Watch this
https://youtu.be/rOI11iDbGoI?t=7m29s
>>
>>186675507
well then don't dish niggas wont just lay down and take it, and just mod that shit out
>>
So are the Chosen working with the Etherials or are the greater evil they were warning about?
>>
>>186643694
>decide to play some xcom 2 mp because at the moment it's the only way to play as ayylmao
>that fucking desync

never again
>>
>>186675880
Chosen are servants of the Ethereals with a bit of a ego problem
>>
>>186675050
And I thought I got unlucky when a panicked soldier decided to hide behind a van that was about to explode
>>
>>186649279
He means that his old packs won't be updated. But I bet his new megapack will be xpac compatible.
>>
>>186658052
How do you get it?
>>
>>186675880
Chosen are the Ethereals (aka the Elders) Chosen generals... so, yes, they work for them. The Chosen are competing to be the ones to recapture the Commander and bring him back to the Elders to win their favour

So no, the Ethereals are not the greater evil
>>
So if Lily is commanding the tutorial, Bradford is on the battlefield and the commander is still in the suit then who is commanding Gatecrasher?
>>
>>186677072
Lily. Gatecrasher proceeds the turorial
>>
>>186677072
>>186677232
>Lily is commanding Gatecrasher and the Tutorial
No wonder both missions are complete shit shows
>>
>>186677232
uwotm8
>>
>>186677407
The statue falling in Gatecrasher is the explosion you see in the tutorial cinematic
>>
>>186677484
Not exactly but that's the gist of it
>>
File: ded.jpg (93KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
93KB, 1920x1080px
>9 more days

i won't make it lads
>>
>>186672106

she gets raised as a zombie
>>
Piratez: how do you use ship cloaking devices? I can't figure out how to fit one to my shadowbat. Is it lacking a slot, or is it just inconspicuous and doesn't need one?
>>
File: bradford comfy.png (906KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
bradford comfy.png
906KB, 900x900px
>>186603395
>6 fingers
>>
>sudden urge to play ew
>watch some joinrbs reviews tnx while downloading
>tfw it reminded me of all those shitty maps and fucked up los

jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
>>
>>186679502
That's the trigger guard you fucking numpty.
>>
>>186679502
>>6 fingers

????
>>
File: wotc_settings.jpg (317KB, 1634x739px) Image search: [Google]
wotc_settings.jpg
317KB, 1634x739px
>>186673102
War of the Chosen introduces a new feature in the form of campaign options that allow you to set up a few things before starting the campaign (aside from the usual ones, being difficulty and DLC you want to enable). Pic related is a screenshot of it (from a youtube video which in return was from filming a screen during a presentation - hence the weird angle and awful quality).
>>
XCOM 2's new expansion seems pretty awesome. I loved XCOM1, but haven't played 2 at all yet. I'm not even sure if my PC can run it well..

2 is about 25 bucks on GMG right now, and full price on steam. When the expansion pack comes out in about a week, do you think the game + the expansion pass will be on sale together for about 40-60 bucks, or should I just bite the bullet and get 2 now that it's cheaper on GMG?
>>
R6 Mod when, I'd love fuze or jägers helmet ingame
>>
>>186680767
>tfw preordered WOTC before the discount
>tfw went on vacation and only have my phone so can't cancel and reorder
>>
>>186675050
FUCK
THIS
SHITTY
FUCKING
GAME
>>
>>186681373
>half cover

serves you right pleb
>>
File: 1469657834733.gif (3MB, 384x372px) Image search: [Google]
1469657834733.gif
3MB, 384x372px
>>186681373
>6/6 health on lancer
>getting wrecked on Veteran
>using half cover and complaining about it fucking you
>>
>>186681528
>>186681465
>putting your sniper in full cover over having high ground

spot the overwatch crawlers
>>
>>186681373
Why is your squad so spilt up?
>>
>>186681661
Ranger freaked the fuck out and ran across, then triggered the sectoid pod and proceeded to get freaked the fuck out yet again the next turn.

He took no damage which was fucking bizarre
>>
>>186681581
and see how it did end for you shitter
>>
>>186681581
>Putting your sniper in a position where it can be shot at
Squadsight exists for a reason
>>
>>186681837
>what is the high ground
Are you anakin?
>>
>>186681918
High ground gives no defensive bonuses in xcom2
>>
File: 824.jpg (71KB, 599x606px) Image search: [Google]
824.jpg
71KB, 599x606px
>>186681982
oh
>>
>>186681982
It never did in EW either. I don't know why anyone thought it did without DGG
>>
>>186682064
Because flying gave defensive bonuses
>>
>>186682108
Equivalent to half cover
>>
>>186679528
>get the urge to play LW1
>realize 60% of the missions are the same 3 UFO maps

fuck that noise
>>
>>186681982
always felt like it could or should. Something like needing to be closer to hit targets higher up or something.

Elevation gives +20aim on normal so it has its uses, grenadiers also get better angles to lob things over obstacles.

the problem is XCOM2 also added the building destruction and falling damage mechanics which make high ground on buildings incredibly risky when enemies have explosives
>>
File: 1478282057486.jpg (30KB, 295x333px) Image search: [Google]
1478282057486.jpg
30KB, 295x333px
>>186681982
I thought it did all this time
>>
File: 20170820183808_1.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170820183808_1.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
ChRIST alMIGHTY
>>
File: it was a brutal night.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
it was a brutal night.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>186683252
>98
>>
File: 1501752384807.png (341KB, 593x635px) Image search: [Google]
1501752384807.png
341KB, 593x635px
>chosen can get one-shot by repeaters
>>
>>186684509
Repeater should be deleted
>>
>>186684598
Repeater should be EXECUTED
>>
>>186672296
This, holy shit.
>>
I just started playing that Enemy Within Plus thing on Vita and why is it so goddamn hard?

There are these EXALT assholes with 10 a pack 8+ hp each spawning on you and Sectopods are nigh unkillable.
>>
>>186684674
That's XCom, baby.
>>
>>186675050
>Runs into full cover
>Takes out the roof target with a single attack
Your soldier is showing you how it's done.
>>
*heavy panicked breathing*
>>
I think command accidentally sent me a terminator rather than a rookie.
>>
File: ref field.png (117KB, 370x270px) Image search: [Google]
ref field.png
117KB, 370x270px
>>
>>186688114
At least spectres show up more often than berserkers.
>>
File: sad pengu.jpg (8KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
sad pengu.jpg
8KB, 291x343px
>tfw chosen strongholds seem to be easy af
>>
File: 20170820160828_1.jpg (474KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170820160828_1.jpg
474KB, 1920x1080px
oh god what is this meme

it would probably be 90% in xcom

was i tricked?
>>
>>186688614
This is the 1st mission after the tutorial right? Yeah Rookies have shit aim and your only saving grace is the free ranger you get.
>>
File: chosen DE.png (255KB, 542x357px) Image search: [Google]
chosen DE.png
255KB, 542x357px
MISCREANT
>>
>>186688689
Yes it is.

Also the truck that had the thing on I was supposed to hack was all on fire, so I got two of my guys grievously wounded doing it.

Up to a good start.
>>
>>186688783
You should be good if you kill the Commanders first since they can just Mark and get a guarantee crit also grenades are your friends. Also it sets the tone for the early game if you lose your soldiers there since they'll be your first group of squaddies.
>>
For someone who has never done any serious modding, how hard is it to add stuff to the game in regards to cosmetics, such as armor or weapons?
>>
>>186688114
Great, another one use item I'll never use because one use items are never worth it.

Is a one time concealment on one soldier really worth 100 supplies?
>>
what is xcom 2 like on consoles
>>
>>186689879
Mods can't fix it
>>
>>186668504
>Oh, they explode...good to know.

Did he select one of the options to skip the story missions or something?
>>
>>186684674
How does that game run actually
I remember the thought of it being hilarious seeing how poorly EW ran on the PS3
>>
>>186689967
Isn't this kinda weird he doesn't know? He was able to play Lost and abandoned with Jake right?
>>
>>186689879
>no capnbubs
>no aba, spetrum or lw
>no halo or titanfall armor

it's suffering
>>
File: 55.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
55.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>Muton can melee attack me from around the corner from full cover
>I can't do the same

That's... really fucking annoying, actually.
>>
>>186690851
Don't do it nigga
He's gonna counter-attack
>>
>>186690851
>melee attacks vs. Muton
>>
>>186669136
>Setting yourself on fire with plasma weapons causing a fire on your half cover was such bullshit.

Now that i think about it, begin shot with laser and plasma wouldnt set yourself on fire?
>>
>>186691031
>>186691010
Oh. I'm guessing that would've been a bad thing to do with my two health ranger, then?

t. first time seeing a muton since xcom 1

>>186691106
They'd set your clothing on fire for sure
>>
File: 1486328811579.jpg (108KB, 663x842px) Image search: [Google]
1486328811579.jpg
108KB, 663x842px
>>186690851
>melee-ing mutons
Oh shit nigger what the fuck is you doing?
>>
>>186691161
mutons have a good chance to counterattack, aka you miss and he smacks you with his bayonet
>>
>>186691237
Don't worry I blew his face off before I had the chance to melee him
>>
>xpiratez
I just tried to throw an electroflare into a warehouse courtyard and she threw it one (1) tile. How much Throwing do they need before I can trust these idiots with actual explosive?
>>
File: HUNK SMASH.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HUNK SMASH.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
Berserker Armor is awesome.
>>
>>186691628
Why is he naked?
>>
>>186691628
get out
>>
>>186691705
Second this.
>>
>>186691692
Berserkers eschew armor for mobility and intimidation.
>>
Round up the fucking Avatarposter, joeyposter, and buffposter and gas them.
>>
>>186691628
You are so fucking gross and annoying just stop.
>>
>>186689607
I can possibly see them being useful for soldiers at risk of being ambushed while on Covert Operations. You can pop them into concealment and just stealth your way to the evac zone, and in theory these ambushes will be rare enough that you won't need to use them more than once or twice anyway.
>>
File: 1500916260108.jpg (12KB, 236x179px) Image search: [Google]
1500916260108.jpg
12KB, 236x179px
>Was gonna buy WoC today on gmg, been thinking about it all week and finally took a decision
>It's gone from 25% less to 5% less now

Fuck, even the store banner still shows that it's on a 25% discount
>>
>>186692340
Boreposter can go to the chambers along with them.
>>
>>186670991
>>186671292
>>186671101
In my opinion, losing a timer (depending on the mission) should have been an unlimited amount of reinforcements coming your way, each turn that passes after the timer is 0 is two more flares of reinforcements of heavy hitting enemies.

Same goes to the doomday clock, instead of a insta game over, it should have been Avatars spawning in every mission you take, each month adding more and more Avatars until each mission becomes a nightmare.
>>
>>186692340
>>186692853
Why put buffposter in with them? He's not repeating retarded memes or constantly whining about the game, he's just posting muscle men in metal thongs.
>>
>>186692726
That means you'll be carrying it in an item slot each time on the chance that you get fucked when you could have a better item, a mimic beacon could do the same exact thing you just said.
>>
File: Oh baby.jpg (18KB, 227x300px) Image search: [Google]
Oh baby.jpg
18KB, 227x300px
>>186693001
This is a pretty good idea
>>
>>186672106
She ports Agents of Mayhem
>>
>>186693141
A mimic beacon will get you out of one bad situation. Being able to immediately enter concealment in a mission where you start revealed and don't have to kill anything gets you out of every bad situation.
>>
I'm gay.
>>
>>186693271
Then take phantom rangers and reapers? The only real use I see for this item is to put it on a specialist who is out of range of a hack and needs to get closer without taking a risk.
>>
>>186693434
It's alright. It's 2017 and LGBTs are getting rights
>>
>>186693592
>tfw gay
>didn't even know I never had rights
>>
Drink my pee with a cup of tea, eat my poop with an ice cream scoop.
>>
>>186693554
>Then take phantom rangers and reapers?

Who may not benefit much from the stat buffs completing a Covert Op hands out, making it undesirable to send them when you'd rather get +5 Hacking on a Specialist or something. And may be injured or needed for regular missions in any case.

Sure, the Refraction Field is very niche, but it gives you more options and that's more than Overdrive Serum ever did.
>>
Did anyone even use Overdrive Serum?
>>
>>186620429
Needle - shots taken in Shadow have +2 armor piercing.
>>186693927
I think sometimes i couldn't even make it.
>>
>>186693826
Well you're right about that
>>186693927
Once
>>
Autopsy vids of the lost, purifier, priest and spectre please.
>>
>>186692814
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/2154-buy-key-steam-xcom-2-war-of-the-chosen/

I can vouch for instant, I bought Shadow Tactics and Expeditions: Viking from it, no problems. Also where I got the Resistance Pack after the pre-order period, while they still had keys.
>>
>>186693001
Me and a friend where saying the same on release, that the timer should just start reinforcements as opposed to ending the mission.
>>
Hope captain bubs and mil camo will work with WOTC
>>
If God is so forgiving then why didn't he forgive Satan when he rebelled?
>>
>>186679232
All your ships have cloaks built in. You need cloaking devices as a material when constructing new aircraft. It's a flavor thing to explain why your ships can travel the world unmolested and get the drop on landed craft.
>>
>>186693927
I used it a couple times after I got a mod that didn't make it single use item.

Kinda handy if you know the soldier will take damage but has barely a reason to be a single use item, especially with how rare berzerkers are in vanilla.
>>
>>186694549
Cap'n'bubs won't work except for the plain balaclava and beret with no badge, because Firaxis changed the lighting system. the camo packs work.
>>
>>186694232
>$38 after 21% off
>gmg is $34 after 15% off

how about no, this website is a fucking ripoff
>>
Why is everyone in this game brown?
>>
>>186697386
Game takes place 20 years in the future
>>
>>186697386
>>186695156
>>186694060
>>186693771
>>186693434
samefag
>>
File: IMG_2508.jpg (141KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2508.jpg
141KB, 800x800px
>>186697386
Because fuck white people.
>>
>>186697334
Easy fix hopefully
>>
>>186694232
I got it from GMG anyway since it was 15% less if you had an account already and they're very trusty
>>
>>186693007
>muscle men
You mean gross fat bastards with moobs. Go be a gay chubbychaser somewhere else, skyranger has a max weight limit.
>>
File: 20170820175027_1.jpg (316KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170820175027_1.jpg
316KB, 1920x1080px
>>186683252
>>186684417
I killed like thirty guys and a Sectoid Commander reinforcement dropped right in and REZZED THEM ALL.

I was so lucky my Sharpshooter had a 100% on the fucker.
>>
>>186697826
Is he still around to update it?
>>
>>186695484
Oh. Well, at least it wasn't wasted money.
>>
File: 1502429443028.png (411KB, 605x579px) Image search: [Google]
1502429443028.png
411KB, 605x579px
>>186688731
Warlock senpai looking really fabulous on the right
>>
>>186698134
>fat

Really reaching there.
>>
>>186698267
Yes.
>>
>>186698462
REACHAROUND JOKE LOL
>>
>>186698483
Sweet. I'd hate to lose out on the Balaclava/Headphone and Cap/Headphone hats, those are great.
Any guess if the Perk Pack is gonna work btw?
It looks like the new UI for the AP screen clearly fits it, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>186692814
You snooze you loose
>>
>>186693927
I have with the mod that makes it not a single use item, it's pretty good even just for the temp mobility bonus
>>
File: Capture.jpg (11KB, 259x76px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
11KB, 259x76px
>>186697369
>$38 after 21% off
?
>>
File: IMG_2754.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2754.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
What alien do you think is the most expensive to manufacture/produce? Avatar? sectopod? Gatekeeper?
>>
>>186699534
>>
>>186699534
Avatar obviously, Chrysalid would be the cheapest because it only costs a single person (clones work) for 3
>>
>>186698556
Have you gone insane?
>>
>152% chance to hit
>miss by several tiles
God damn it, xcom.
>>
>>186701091
yea, but when you hit them twice at the same time you dont complain huh, you baised asshole.
>>
File: IMG_2740.jpg (286KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2740.jpg
286KB, 752x1063px
>>
>>186701921
Or when you 5% Execute a Chosen one.
>>
>>186701921
This might be relevant if I hit them twice with 0% chance to hit, but that hasn't happened so you're just a faggot.
>>
>>186701974
the fuck is this
>>
>>186701974
What? She'd be interrogated for information and eventually melted down.
>>
best medic classes for long war 2?
>>
>>186702723
Specialist is kind of hard to beat in that role. Gremlins make it easy
>>
>>186692853
You're just mad I'm speaking the truth. Bore of the Chosen is a blunder
>>
>>186701974
Pretty obvious the artist hasn't made it past the tutorial
>>
>>186703402
Duh, they let their soldier get captured.
>>
Why does the gremlin commit soduku when its owner dies? Self destruct on a dead man's switch?
>>
>>186693927

Oh yeah. Its great for my assaults!
>>
>>186675507
>>186671292
You guys are being silly. How can you argue that feedback doesn't matter when the new expansion is clearly incorporating people's feedback on the timers being too inflexible? Fact is that Jake has stated many times that as a dev it's not his job to tell people what parts of his games are fun, so he take feedback into consideration, and as a result, timers are being changed up in major ways for the expansion.
tl:dr: whining does change things and isn't pointless.
>>
>>186704547
>letting ayys use rookies as their officers

That might actually be a viable strategy
>>
>>186701091
What is this? og X-COM? The fact there are actual bullets make it go wonky sometimes. Specially if you are on different elevations.
>>
>>
>>186708013
i will gladly harm this snake
>>
>>186708013
behead snake
>>
>>186708013
Capture and fug.
>>
File: 1366870197119.jpg (513KB, 1403x834px) Image search: [Google]
1366870197119.jpg
513KB, 1403x834px
>>186708013
They don't show mercy to panicked rookies, why should I show any to them?
>>
phoenix point WHEN
>>
there has to be a mod to allow soldiers from your character pool to only appear as rewards for missions right? and maybe one to make sure they stay the same class?
>>
>>186709184
>and maybe one to make sure they stay the same class?

I think you can set that in the Character Pool itself.
>>
>>186709097
2 0 1 8 Q4
>>
>yfw the commander was going to be turned into a chosen
>>
>>186709240
that doesn't work
>>
File: sad.jpg (21KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
21KB, 626x626px
>>186709274
I just hope it will be worth waiting for
>>
>>186706706
>Specially if you are on different elevations.
Ah. Yeah, it was Piratez; I was sniping off the top of my transport at someone at ground level.
>>
>>186709391
No point in worrying about it much. We'll have WOTC to tied us over, + the new mods (which may get even cooler now that people won't have to worry about an expansion breaking their work), Xenonauts 2 should at least be a whirl and could be good.
Better not to think about it except when we get concrete updates.
>>
>>186709184
this can force the classes of the pool
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684929720
>>
I haven't played LW2 yet, what makes people say it's worse than LW1?
>>
>>186709580
Yeah, if you notice a 100%+ shot miss the first time, never do a follow up shot, it will miss in the exact same way. Instead, try to change your shooting position if possible.
>>
File: 1501274196870.jpg (11KB, 168x178px) Image search: [Google]
1501274196870.jpg
11KB, 168x178px
>>186687949
>averaging 7 ayys a mission

god bless
>>
>>186709732
timers
>>
>>186709732
>what makes people say it's worse than LW1?
Strategy layer mostly.
>>
>>186709826
still find it weird that they were seemingly on track with the meld timers in EW then just went full retard with the timers in X2
>>
>>186702723

I used the Field Medic mod for my medics

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=893555803
>>
>>186694232
>>186697369
>he didnt pirate xcom in it's entirety

??????????????????????
it's literally a free game
>>
>>186709732

Mission timers force you to make extremely dumb or limited strategic moves, which in turn means the not-retarded AI can take a big dump all over you

Early game difficulty curve is closer to a cliff edge. Grenade can no longer be used as a joker, flanking is unreliable because AI engagement range is outside blue move range

Strategic layer mechanics are quite messy in many cases

Basically, LW2 is what we had to deal with before War of the Chosen happened
>>
>>186710135
>>186709893
fuck that's a shame, as much as everyone hated the air game it felt so satisfying to start conquering aliens both in the tactical missions and in their resource gathering, EXALT, panic missions and global control
you really felt like you were making progress and it make each campaign feel unique
>>
>>186709969
They were pushing it even harder to see what would happen. And now they are toning it back.
>>
>tfw can't play it until 7 days after it comes out due to work
You guys better have fun for me
This must be what being cucked feels like
>>
Piratez again. So, what sort of thing lives in jungles, and can coat half the large map in hallucinogenic gas in 1 turn? Because whatever it is can go fuck itself.
>>
>>186709969

The problem is the importance of respecting mission timers in XCOM 2, versus meld timers in XCOM;EU

If you were seriously in trouble, you could just discard the Meld and go full defensive to get out of the mission alive, and the only malus is getting your supersoldier buffs later

In XCOM 2, if you're getting memed on, either you have to lose the objective, which usually always has disastrous consequences on your campaign, or make a suicide run to activate it which usually means losing a soldier
>>
>>186710746
It's the map/environment itself, not the enemies. Enemies are affected as well.
>>
>>186710823
It'd work perfectly if instead of failing the mission reinforcements just started spawning out the ass once the timer ticks down. That's solid motivation to clear out before the timer ends as well as punishment if you play too slowly.
>>
>>186711019

That's what the Smash and Grab missions in LW2 are like, they should honestly do that for regular missions aswell
>>
Will cosmetic mods work out of the box with WotC, or am I doomed to have unfabulous looking squads for a week?
>>
>>186711405
Supposedly wotc uses a different system of shaders
>>
>>186711405
Lots of cosmetics are going to be broken.
>>
>>186710895
The banshee shriek that accompanied it made me assume it was some horrible carnivorous voodoo plant, not helped by it being pitch black. I just had to sprint back out in it to scoop up a ko'd pirate. It's kind of intimidating when the map's dark and all you can see outside the aircar is roiling clouds of shit that just downs everyone in 2 turns, and you have to go back out in it.

Fuck jungles. Last time we ended up with a shuttle full of giant spiders.
>>
>>186709969
>then just went full retard with the timers in X2

The timers aren't even hard though. I think the only missions I failed due to timers were in my first few playthroughs while I was still getting used to them.
>>
>>186710627
If its any consolation, hopefully some mods will be up and running by then. At least the cosmetic ones.
>>
File: 20170324233553_1.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170324233553_1.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>>186712432
>Mistakes were made
>>
>>186714618
>Look like it's working just fine
Lily?
>>
>>186714618
I knew she was a fucking collaborator
>>
>>186714618
>I wondered how the new gear would hold up, Commander. Looks to me like it's working out just fine.
>>
>ADVENT Captain is basically a True Concealment mission in disguise

Neat

Just the part about removing the "kill everyone lol" requirement from most missions that hasn't been done
>>
>>186714618
>This isn't MY fault, the new gear worked out just fine!
>>
>>186714618
>THE GEAR IS FINE.
>THIS IS YOUR FAULT.
>>
File: usd.png (3KB, 262x76px) Image search: [Google]
usd.png
3KB, 262x76px
>>186699010
talking USD obviously. $34 is around €29 so even with the exchange rate gmg would be cheaper than your pic.
>>
File: Tygan.jpg (29KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
Tygan.jpg
29KB, 500x369px
>>
>>186716393
Are you asking for an edit?
>>
>>186716529
No, but if someone can, that would be even better.
>>
>Watching someone stare gormlessly at four enemies calmly strolling around a fucking car
>Reaper is in range and concealed, obviously has Remote Start
>Also has a Claymore Shrapnel
>Assassin is in play and SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO THE CAR
>"HMMM, HMMM. MAYBE IF I TAKE SOME POTSHOTS FROM THIS HIGH COVER"
>Gets a Stun Lancer full hit and a Katana daze on next turn

Kill me
>>
>>186718054
Ugh
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (40KB, 862x622px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
40KB, 862x622px
>xcom ew
>sectoid crits my squaddie through smoked full cover

das xcom baby
>>
I don't even bother with smoke
>>
File: radtoid.jpg (102KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
radtoid.jpg
102KB, 1024x576px
>>186721050
>>
>>186721169
It's really pretty meh in vanilla.
>>
>>186721050
>LW2 at any diff higher than rookie
>sentries hitting 2% shots on the second mission
>>
>>186721050
>>186721772
>LW2 at any difficulty
>Gunner wipes out squad with brutal efficiency
>>
File: 1503263379469.png (271KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1503263379469.png
271KB, 500x369px
>>186716393
>>186716915
>>
>>186718054
Oh, so you're watching ChristopherOdd too
>>
>>186703402

or they're just making fanart of their sexual fetish

i.e., all the blatantly canon breaking snek waifu worship / big muton cock posting
>>
>>186722947
Not bad at all
>>
>The Hunter's Tracking Shot doesn't break by just moving
>You need to break LOS fully, or hunker down and hope for good rolls
>He can do it from across the map

Aw shit. This is going to be a nightmare on forest maps
>>
>>186724529
>Jake finally makes BREAK LOS part of the official meta
/v/poster would be melting down
>>
>>186724806
Break LOS is the meta already though. There's basically no encounter that can't be won with double move + ever vigilant
>>
Luckily, they have an UI indicator to tell you when you're fully breaking LOS from the Hunter on that soldier

So I guess that you're just wasting an action, unless you're Overwatch trapped
>>
>>186725087
>wasting an action
Doesn't sound too bad, but it would suck if he targets your assault or something.
>>
>>186725445

Looking at the footage, he does have a high ability cooldown on this

So once he fails to snipe you, he's basically gonna be dashing into you, which is a perfect setup for an Overwatch trap
>>
>>186725569
>Grapples next to you
>Psshh nothin personnel commander
>>
Do we have a list of Templar abilities? Skirmisher?

And do we have a list of Chosen Weapons and their stats?

I can only find information on the assassin.
>>
>>186725569
>perfect setup for an Overwatch trap
Assuming he doesn't have immunity to overwatch or doesn't actually make non-grapple movement in your soldier's field of view.
>>
>>186725660
i'm pretty sure you would be able to find some info on hunter's equipment from the last VOD
>>
>>186725569
Please clarify. I watched Marbozir and the hunter used Tracking shot every turn.
>>
>>186723075
Marbozir is the only good one from what I can tell
>>
>>186619536
>>186620859
To be fair, I think I probably would have done something similar if I went in blind and saw the two enemy factions fighting each other.
Of course, I'd have probably tried to stealthily marked crates and gotten myself revealed like that, so it wouldn't have snowballed as hard as it did for Odd.
>>
>>186725798
It might be that he can use Tracking Shot every turn, but has a cooldown on the shot itself.
>>
It's looking like they cranked up the side missions a LOT on the Geoscape

I'm seeing about 3-4 constantly active now, and some of these are really good. Permanent contacts, free Guerilla Ops, free Engineers
>>
>>186722947
I like it!
>>
Hello, I'm a shitter. What are viable strategies when playing at the highest difficulties on this game?
>>
File: clementine awakens.jpg (57KB, 561x580px) Image search: [Google]
clementine awakens.jpg
57KB, 561x580px
>>186727932
Acquire grenades. Apply grenades to ADVENT.
>>
>>186728059
Should I stress improving grenades ASAP then?
>>
>>186727932
Romance the Sneks.
>>
>>186727932
Kill the aliens
>>
Did they change the pre-mission music? Sounds way better imo
>>
>>186724806
>/v/poster
?
>>
>>186730290
Yes and I agree
>>
>>186730290
Yes and I disagree
>>
>>186727932
Get amazingly lucky
>>
>>186727932
The most viable strategy would be to git gud. Specifically by not playing on a difficulty setting beyond your ability.
>>
>oh shit I should probably watch some shit about the new xcom
>watch tb's little summary
>starts walking around in the open in front of enemies because "hurr durr they're disoriented"
>realise with growing dread that I will never be able to watch someone be even slightly shit at xcom ever again
Beagle has ruined me.
>>
>>186731814
>unironically watching anything totalbishit puts out
>>
>>186730290

Yes and I want to drown in a viper
>>
>the jonirbs guy is playing a long war campaign 9 days before WotC drops
how does he expect to finish?
>>
>>186732916
He doesn't. He's just playing for some fun.
>>
>>186732118
>unironically watching anything
close your eyes
>>
>>186732972
ah well I just finished my long war campaign, I would play again but the expac is right around the corner
>>
watching marbozir and odd take on the ambush mission its like day and night holy shit
>>
>>186734575
[hem-hawing intensifies]
[overwatch intensifies]
>>
File: IMG_2550.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2550.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Joey voice mod pack that makes woo woo woo wooooo sounds whenever you kill an alien when?
>>
>>186735068
[losing intensifies]
>>
>>186734575

>"G-gotta stay in high cover, not make any smart plays, just take shitty shots"

I hate people who think they're strategical genuises like this

Going half-cover for a flank is a perfectly valid plan and this should be the plan starting early mid-game
>>
>>186734575
I hate marbozir's accent but it was funny watching him just abandon a mission as soon as a chosen showed up
>>
>>186735647
>Always stick to full cover
>Always blue move + overwatch
>vs lost

odd could've finished that mission 20 turns faster holy shit
>>
>>186734575
>watching marbozir
While he's much better than Odd his playstyle is overly defensive and takes little to no risk, It's not that interesting to watch
>>
>>186737276

The worst thing is that both of them purposefully never use grenades either if there's a single Lost on the mission

Even when they have lures AND Advent enemies that would definitely not like having the horde knock their way

Lure + Nades seems like an easy and obvious meta to clear Lost sitreps. Just rush in and clean the pods while they're stuck shooting down the Lost
>>
>>186736719
>I hate marbozir's accent

I think it's really adorable
>>
>>186730290
Yes and go fuck yourself
vanilla pre-mission music is great
>>
>>186738280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT5oxISiGRQ
>>
>>186738506
Either the music in-game is sped up or the soundtrack version is slower because they feel slightly off from what I remember.
>>
>>186738815
It's a lot quieter ingame
>>
Do you think people would want to watch a random nobody play WOTC if I start streaming it at launch?
>>
>>186738506
>>186738815
does feel different desu, probably just audio settings
>>186739078
i always mix the audio in games that allow it to put voices->music->sfx, hate when gunfire and explosions drown out badass tunes
>>
>>186739237
No.
>>
>>186739237
I would watch nobody who was decent at the game over all these streamers.
>>
>>186739237
You's have to advertise yourself if you want attention over the current streamers
>>
>snek pulls in rookie
>snek is directly under turret
>point blank shot. Dies instantly.

Fuck it, let's just join ADVENT
>>
>>186739658

>Letting a turret take its turn

What did you expect was gonna happen ?

Also, "under" implies it was posted on a roof. Fall damage instantly kills turrets of any level, so a single nade would have done the job
>>
>>186739750
Didn't have line of site on it before snek pull
>>
>>186739750
Turrets rarely ever hit due to their low aim, letting the Viper live was the problem
>>
>>186739237
I'll be streaming modded X2 starting tomorrow, upgrading to WOTC on the 29th. Haven't mentioned it to /xcg/ because advertising here is pretty lame, but there it is. If anyone wants to watch, that'd be pretty legit. twitch tv/bloodydoves, 7-11 PM EST, come shitpost (in a reasonable manner)
>>
>>186740094
might pop in for background noise while drawing tomorrow or something
>>
>>186679904
>beta strike
holy fuck yes I want this.
Literally the one thing I hate about xcom is how in the start of the game, literally 1 shot kills any soldier or enemy.

Finally, at long last, we can have extended drawn out combat.
>>
>>186740201
Sure man, background viewers are awesome. Maybe you'll hear some funny voicepacks or something (in prep for WOTC, I got all the Star Trek voicepacks, thought they'd be appropriate).
>>
>>186740094
>I'll be streaming modded X2 starting tomorrow
What kind of mod setup?
>>
>>186740621
I hate that 1HKOs aren't a thing for the entire game desu
>>
>>186740791
The channel actually has two linked collections that list the changes. I'll link them here for you.
Cosmetics: http://steamcommunity.com
/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102880241
Gameplay: http://steamcommunity.com
/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102892806
>>
>>186741097
Yeah, it's some of the gayest shit.

The first time I played XCOM 2, I literally didn't figure out what half of the aliens did until the final mission where you get swamped because it's so easy to alpha strike everything.
>>
>>186738272
Tali (male)
>>
Have the streamerfags with access to WotC figured out how hard the expansion breaks mods yet?
>>
>>186743581
none of them seem to be playing with any mods
>>
Who is the most annoying streamer and why is it GaLm?
>>
File: 20170820151550_1.jpg (280KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170820151550_1.jpg
280KB, 1280x720px
I really have to hand it to Jake for this game's brilliant pathing
>>
>>186747601
press ctrl
>>
>>186744849
What makes them so annoying?
>>
File: 1406609632721.png (234KB, 5000x2571px) Image search: [Google]
1406609632721.png
234KB, 5000x2571px
>mfw learning about the tile pathing glitch
this shit is so exploitive, god damn
>>
>>186749545
Tile pathing glitch?
>>
>>186749407
His whole personality is like "Trump doing a Johnny Carson impression" or something.
>>
>>186598589
And you had to say it.

Damn i want some ports too.
>>
File: 1478653573460.jpg (2MB, 2344x3740px) Image search: [Google]
1478653573460.jpg
2MB, 2344x3740px
>>186750410
I've been asking since mod tools were announced, months before the release.

I've even tracked down a dude who complied a large amount of the files:
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57070-lewd-mods-and-xcom-2/?p=1658067

I think the uniforms are appealing, and certain parts would make for excellent accessories- at the very least helpful in kitbashing soldier ideas that you can't get with the standard cosmetics.

Officer's cap in xcom 2 never.
>>
File: MULTI KILL.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
MULTI KILL.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>186751604
>>
Do you think plasma blasters, null lances, and the shredstorm line of heavy weapons will count for attracting the lost?
>>
>>186753846
I doubt Null Lance will but all the heavy weapons except the flamethrowers should attract Lost
>>
>>186706160
Then how come he still hasn't fixed his game yet?
>>
File: 06b.png (665KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
06b.png
665KB, 1500x1125px
>>
>Missions that require you to kill all lost before you can go home
Day one fucking mod Jake
>>
>>186754137
Because it's not the 29th yet
>>
>>186754205
I don't see an issue if give experience
>>
>>186754324
I see an issue with you boring me to death
>>
Why does no one want to use templar?
>>
>>186756356
Says who?
>>
>>186756356
Without donning a tinfoil hat, because all the streamers think they're bad because they (the streamers) are stupid
>>
>>186756356
Probably because the people streaming are inexperienced with using melee based classes and think they are bad
>>
>>186756356
Because they're a class that is forced to be played aggressively even moreso than Rangers, which scares those used to Overwatch-crawling their way through dangerous missions.
>>
File: big hat.jpg (48KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
big hat.jpg
48KB, 512x512px
>>186756787
>gets free movement after melee attack
>forced to be played aggressively even moreso than Rangers
What did he mean by this
>>
>>186756356
because all streamers did the story mission that gifts you the reaper and skirmisher early on, so their attention was caught by those classes
>>
>>186757016
I mean that unlike the Ranger, the Templar HAS to run in to hit in melee.
Most streamers won't use the Ranger's melee unless they're absolutely sure there's no danger, and even then they'd rather just shotgun him in the face.
In other words, Rangers are shotgunners with a melee option, while Templars are Melee-brawlers with a machine-pistol and psi-abilities that require you to commit to melee in order to power them up.

Rangers you can hold back and just blue-move and still get decent damage out of their shotguns without really playing aggressively. Templars are only devastating if you charge in and start stacking Focus.

In other words, Rangers still fit the Overwatch-crawl strategy, Templars do not. Ergo, streamers do not like the Templar, because it doesn't fit the way they play.
>>
>>186757824
>Every streamer has trouble with lost
>Templars are lost-slaughterers
really makes u think
>>
>>186757016
>Mhmmm
>>
File: eye laser.jpg (60KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
eye laser.jpg
60KB, 1137x640px
>>186758316
I may have a use for you
>>
>>186757824
>Overwatch-crawl strategy
>XCOM2

Why? The game is clearly designed and favors the player when they use hyper aggressive strategies
>>
File: liquid.png (537KB, 497x866px) Image search: [Google]
liquid.png
537KB, 497x866px
Fucking op names. Also I'm pissed that it was only 3 days which wasn't hardly enough time to infil.
>>
>>186761739
>Operation Solid Steel
>Operation Gaseous Air
>>
>>186761808
I meant more that the reward was Pliskin.
>>
>>186761837
SNAKE
>>
>>186762276
LIQUIIIIIID
>>
>>186762276
>>186762285
Zombies.
>>
Sit rep: All zombies and psi zombies
>>
File: StormNight.gif (853KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
StormNight.gif
853KB, 640x360px
>>
>>186623319

The fact everything in the game files points to them originally just being another generic enemy type that got retooled into the big boss unit of the game
>>
>>186766052

Name 16 things that point towards this in chinese while typing with just one hand and doing jumping jacks.
>>
release the expansion
>>
File: anime girl with many hands.jpg (352KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl with many hands.jpg
352KB, 1280x720px
>>186768158
Do it Jake
>>
>>186768703
That show is surprisingly enjoyable, except for the actual gaming parts.
>>
File: cyclops head.jpg (119KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops head.jpg
119KB, 637x358px
>>186659842
>cyclopsfag
But he already got the mod he wanted
>>
File: demi what.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
demi what.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>186768779
>Show is called Gamers!
>The only game anyone plays is a mobage
>>
>>186768876
They did play a shooter in the first or second episode
>>
>>186768835
>cyclopsfag got something resembling what we wanted
>still no lamia soldiers

it's not fair
>>
>>186768876
It's Japanese, what do you expect? Well if there was somebody who played eroge on it as well, it would be fairly accurate.
>>
>>186751604

VC is out on PC. What would you need to do to Port what you want to xcom?
>>
>>186738280
vanilla pre-mission is dogshit
>>
File: bradford gun.png (1MB, 934x748px) Image search: [Google]
bradford gun.png
1MB, 934x748px
>>186770117
say that to my face not online see what happens
>>
File: nothin personnel.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nothin personnel.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>186770631
wotc pre mission theme > ew pre mission theme > vanilla xcom 2 pre mission theme
>>
File: Poster_001.jpg (339KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Poster_001.jpg
339KB, 720x1080px
>>
>>186607415
IMHO the customisation is the fucking worst thing about nu-XCOM, especially 2. Every time I start a game I have to spend a significant amount of time customising my soldiers to look like soldiers and not crack-addicted homosexual welders. Aesthetically it's really revolting to me, the basic soldier stuff is alright and I really like the basic powered exoskeletons but once everyone is top-tier all the guns and armour without exception look like impractical disco vomit. Can't this shit be designed to look practical, lived-in, jury-rigged and personalised by the soldiers themselves?

Xenonauts has the reverse problem, whereby the soldiers all look nicely understated but the aliens look shit and their ships are like failed nightclubs
>>
File: shaqalaff.gif (4MB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
shaqalaff.gif
4MB, 400x253px
>>186771378
>and not crack-addicted homosexual welders.
i'm dying. holy shit, that's spot on
>>
>>186771710
sorry, son, meant to reply to the guy above me >>186771379
>>
>>186771379
>failed nightclubs

Better than UFO, where alien ships look like shredded beef most of the time.

>>186771775

Yeah, I should have read down before posting.
>>
>>186738272
>hallodisizmalbozzzzirannawullcumdooegzzcumtoo
>>
File: 51.jpg (201KB, 720x490px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
201KB, 720x490px
In the base game, how one you can only spend Intel on the final missions?

Or am I missing something this entire time?
>>
>>186772450
You can only spend it on the final missions, there is a mod that allows a version of that for every mission IIRC
>>
>>186751827
>Executed with Impunity!
>>
>>186706706

Actually, in 2 I've had shots miss then blow up cars outside the map border.

Just out of the blue, turn ends and the camera flies off for a sec to show combat fog and an explosion sound.
>>
File: 300.png (271KB, 382x535px) Image search: [Google]
300.png
271KB, 382x535px
Why is this game so damn buggy, on the final mission I reloaded my sharpshooter with the Icarus suit and they just decide to jet away to outside the map where I just have them on overwatch for the entire thing, and the gatekeeper I dominated before the Avatar room just popped up at the other end of the map as well.

Anyone else have bugs like this happening?
>>
>>186775673
I sometimes have a gremlin fly off the map and try and hack an object that doesn't exist but that's the worst actual bug that I've had
>>
>>186775673

The game can glitch pretty bad after running for a while. Did you play for afew hours prior to the bug?
>>
>>186776239
Nah only about an hour
>>
o from what I've seen War of the chosen seems to be an amazing expansion worth the price.
is there anything /xcg/ has noticed that seems bad about it before I preorder
>>
>>186776565
little customization options for hero classes
>>
>>186766052
>enemy is named PsiWitch internally
>so the enemy was retooled into avatars
Logic
>>
>>186776565
It's boring and shit

Don't buy Bore of the Chosen
>>
>>186777486
>Bore of the Chosen
Are you trying to fuck one of them?
>>
File: 1388194502073.jpg (69KB, 247x372px) Image search: [Google]
1388194502073.jpg
69KB, 247x372px
>>186769341
The ripping is already done. The link I've posted already has the models ripped into a obj format. The main two things that would need to be done would be to convert them for use into the Unreal Engine, and to rig them to the xcom skeleton. A bonus would be to make the uniform tintable/texurable with custom camos.
>>
Does anyone know how the new expansion will work with long war?
>>
>>186779419
>Does anyone know how the new expansion will work with long war?

It wont.
>>
>>186779568
How long until Lump recovers from Jake's ascension into the realm of magnificence?
>>
>>186779732
Never
>>
>>186779732
He won't. The Long War meme is over.
>>
>>186624210
ew plasma looked like stolen from some lego set
>>
>ruler gets bugged AGAIN
Fix your game jake
>>
>chateau du morte
>rum
>battle tanks
Is there anything else I can make that produces significant income? I only have so many apples and I'm a long way off tanks.
>>
cant wait for the multiple sitreps mods
>>
>>186783323
Yeah try pumping out laser canons. Best manufacturing item for cash and no special materials needed.
>>
>>186783880
>>186783323
Oops, I mean you probably already have it covered with the alcohol. Later on you can use credit chips to forge money for very good profit.
Slaves produce a steady income as well.
>>
>>186783604
the what
>>
File: viper.png (1MB, 683x1032px) Image search: [Google]
viper.png
1MB, 683x1032px
If there was a snek faction, what would be its backstory?
>After years of infiltration among humans, the vipers start to question the authority of the Viper King. They see an alliance with XCom as an opportunity to break free from their ruler and to find their true darlings.
>>
Adding vehicles would be the next step in Xcom evolution.

Discuss
>>
>>186784892
just bring back shivs goddamn it.
>>
>>186783990
>Slaves produce a steady income as well.
True, but they take a lot of workhours to produce. time= money
>>
>>186785020
Giant shivs you can sit on sounds fun
>>
>>186783604
Isn't it already a thing? I saw an ambush with a Lost sitrep and several positive ones about Advent power. Might be just an ambush thing, but still.
>>
Post SPARKS
>>
>>186784871
>implying Viper King rules all the sneks
the Elders had him in cold storage because they didn't want him running loose, then Vahlen unfroze him.

If anything, I'd think rebelling sneks would fit into the Skirmisher movement; they're tongue would function as a grapple hook too, so their moveset would be very similar.
>>
>>186785068
They also give you more space in your base. From a long term perspective, they bring in alot of money (because instead of a one time profit, they generate revenue every month) and can help free up room in your base to build stuff other than more storage space.
I think there are also many things/actions down the road that requires slaves to do, and I believe prostitution is one of them, which I've heard is very profitable.
>>
>>186784892
as the maps are now, vehicles that soldiers could get in would require tweaking maps
they just seem to small to justify having a vehicle to move around in
>>
>>186784871
i would go the opposite:
The king, as the last hope of the species surviving independent of the elders, dedicates hisss latest batch to xcom to help building up a loyal harem, and in hopes that xcom can find a way to make more male vipers.
>>
>>186785020
I want shivs back so fucking bad. I want an expendable machine unit again, SPARKs are way too fucking expensive
>>
Just started playing Xcom 2 for the first time yesteday. Im getting ready to take out the facility in West Africa, and I have the enhanced armor and mag weapons so far

Any tips for the earlyish stages of the game?
>>
>>186786969
>Any tips for the earlyish stages of the game?
> have the enhanced armor and mag weapons so far
Technically you've already made it out of the early game, and honestly it sounds like you are doing just fine.
>>
>>186784892
>xcom unit doing drive-by on some alien colaborators

straight outta xcompton
>>
>>186787064

I dont feel like im doing great though, I only have 3 or 4 people above corporal and the Avatar timer is like halfway done
>>
>>186787172
Game doesn't end when the AVATAR bar fills up. There is about a month long timer that pops up afterwards (depends on difficulty) and if you knock any bars off while this is active, it stops the lose condition from happening. Just keep unlocking regions to reach facilities while making sure to invest research time into story objectives/missions since those also push back avatar progress.
>>
>>186787327

Ah ok. Thanks for the help
>>
>>186787579
Not that Anon but I know if the "doomsday clock goes to 15~10 days till game over" it doesn't restart back to 30 days when the Avatar timer goes back up to 12 ticks. Tbh don't worry too much about the Avatar timer as long as you have a facility open also WOTC will have covert actions that reduce 2 ticks which makes it kinda less worrisome.
>>
>>186787804
There's a resistance order that reduces the avatar progress by 1 tick per month.
>>
File: 54193047_p0.jpg (49KB, 600x1005px) Image search: [Google]
54193047_p0.jpg
49KB, 600x1005px
>>186659842
I'm always around, bro. I only don't post that request anymore since, as >>186768835 pointed out, I got what I wanted

>>186769007
Chin up anon, I do hope you get your lamias someday.
>>
File: philosoraptor.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
philosoraptor.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
I'm thinking of preordering War of the Chosen, and the only DLC I own is the Resistance Pack. Is any of the other DLC worth buying? I keep hearing mixed opinions about them, sayint they're overpriced mods and such. Also, are Sparks worth using if I get that content pack?
>>
>>186684417
>ENROBRIA
>>
>>186787941
That's pretty good since it makes sure you can't lose via avatar project since doomsday clock is always 30 days but then seems like a waste of a resistance order desu.
>>
>>186788473
I would wait to pick them up till after the expansion to see how they fit in desu. They are actual dlc though, as in, it's content but it is definitely optional content.
Sparks are supposed to be worth it with the buffs they are getting in WOTC, but once again we don't really know.
>>
>>186788473
>anarchy's children
dogshit customization pack, don't touch it

>alien rulers
okay at the moment, will get better with wotc tweaks

>shen's last gift
Sparks are cool but they have shit stats atm and come pretty late, regardless if you pick the story mission and get it from there or build at proving grounds, they're supposedly pretty strong in wotc but then again, their usefulness depends on position of proving grounds in your build order
>>
>>186723518
>blatantly canon breaking snek waifu worship
Nigga I fantasize about Sith Purebloods, a species that can literally pop my eyeballs with their mind
>>
>You can cheese the stealth mission by burning down the reinforced wall with explosives or inciendaries
>Nade doesn't raise alert level as long as the squad reveal doesn't show to enemies
>The reveal trigger doesn't work if the door is still shut

STELT
>>
>>186735534
fuck off cunt
>>
>>186777730
I wish I knew how to do any of that. I have a huge list of things I want to put into Xcom for cosmetics.
>>
>>186788473
Isn't resistance pack for cosmetics only? I think most (cosmetic)mods need Anarchy's children to also work, Alien hunter's is fun, adds pretty some good weapons and alien rules to kill the monotony, they'll get a tweak come wotc where they'll only get a ruler reaction with line of sight and Shen's last gift is pretty fun narrative mission. it's kinda boring but storywise its pretty good
>>
>>186790073
>I think most (cosmetic)mods need Anarchy's children to also work,
no
>>
>>186769007
Nagas are superior to Lamias though
>>
>>186789578
>>186789848
>>186790073

Major reason to play Xcom 2 is for the mods, and I figure getting all the DLC will help with compability. That said, can you disable certain mods? I've looked at Anarchy's Children and I don't think they fit into my vision of Xcom.

Also, how are Sparks getting buffed in WotC? I honestly don't know anything about the DLC besides some story missions and you get robots, but I don't know about their abilities. Are they any like the mechs you could get in EW?
>>
>>186786508
>Viper King giving Xcom his favorites for the Commander's full enjoyment
>>
>>186790321
I believe they're getting an aim buff and you can put weapon attachments ( used to have none) also because of the will mechanic now, Sparks can be deployed in the field since they don't get fatigue.
>>
LW1. I don't understand the purpose of the Pathfinder MEC. The normal Scout soldier from which it evolves can be built with the same exact combat perks and everything.
>>
File: xcom2_psi_1.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xcom2_psi_1.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
When it comes to the standard (non-LW) classes, what are your main builds/ squad selections?
>>
>>186790321
>Are they any like the mechs you could get in EW?
Somewhat similar, certainly not the same. The main issue before was that they couldn't hit shit, and weren't as tanky as they needed to be.
There health and aim is getting buffed, and they are getting a extra armor point. You also couldn't stick weapon mods on their guns, now you can. So you can also slap a scope on them.

>>186790471
MECs have more armor and health for running over-watches. I think they can also have more mobility depending on the suit they have. Add in flamethrowers and rocket/fists.
>>
>>186790498
specialist 5 grenadier
2 specialist 4 psi
>>
>>186789493
>The player has a fixed duration (20 days on Veteran, 15 days on Commander) to reduce the Avatar project progress
Is there a change in WOTC that i'm not aware of?
>>
>>186790498

Early game one of each is nice to have, since you need to beeline towards the endgame GTS bonuses anyways

Late game you'll usually want 2 Psi alongside

WOTC is prolly totally gonna shake this up
>>
>>186790762
Danger close?
>>
>>186790859
Isn't it constant 30? fuck I'm not quite sure but when I was watching this guy stream on legend (richard hammer) the doomsday timer was on 30 days.
>>
>>186790498
Concealment shotgun scout
Combat specialist
Bluescreen gunslinger
1st Grenadier is ordinance based
2nd gun based
3rd is ordnance based

toss out the last grenadier when psi is ready
>>
>>186790498
3 Grenadiers (2 Heavy Gunner, 1 Demolitions)
2 Rangers (1 Blademaster, 1 Shotgunner)
2 Sharpshooters (1 Sniper, 1 Gunslinger
2 Specialists (1 Combat, 1 Medic)
1 Psi Op

This is also with 10 soldiers in a squad mod so everyone goes on the missions.
>>
File: 1434407047037.jpg (118KB, 452x474px) Image search: [Google]
1434407047037.jpg
118KB, 452x474px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPDgTC6XXQ8

ABA teaser or something.
>>
Does the ranger's slash only target the nearest enemy? Or is there some way to change targets?
>>
>>186792356
Tab.
>>
>>186791938
>Andromedon Prime model
Could it be? is The Bureau Sectopod finally back?
>>
WE NEED EVAC GOD DAMN IT
>>
evac to

>>186794505
>>186794505
>>186794505
Thread posts: 756
Thread images: 130

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.