[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - speedrunning general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 823
Thread images: 125

File: 1480710352798.png (462KB, 1200x686px) Image search: [Google]
1480710352798.png
462KB, 1200x686px
WE
wait for sgdq so
WE
can actually have a good OP again
>>
>>181139672
who is we?
>>
>>181139672
who is we?
>>
>4 posts late
>>
>>181139870
>4th post in the thread
>>
>page 4
>>
Don't mind this post I just don't wanna be a new IP cakeboy later in the thread
>>
>>181140086
binny apologists in /srg/ , in this lifetime, what have we become
>>
>>181140379
who is we?
>>
>>181140379
who is we?
>>
>>181140438
you should get back on stream cosmo instead of shitting up the thread
>>
>>181140865
>>181140925
>>181141426
>>181141881
>>181143091
>>181143442
>>181143842
>>181146146
get a room
>>
great start everyone
this wouldn't have happened if it were a medievil OP
>>
you're not fooling anyone Rob
>>
>>181147093
who is Rob?
>>
Let's watch some runs.
/themexicanrunner
>>
Delete this pathetic display fucking hell
>>
what is this faggot even spamming about
>>
>calling speedruns video game peformances
>>
>>181154731
What's inaccurate about that terminology?
>>
>I-I'm just beginning!
>I never said I want 49 this year!
>M-my h-hori is broken!
>I have to get used to the new controller!
>It's just a fun side project!
>I enjoy Family Reunion more!
>>
>>181154731
>>181155192
who are you quoting?
>>
>>181155192
What?
>>
File: g0b.png (2MB, 1631x1071px) Image search: [Google]
g0b.png
2MB, 1631x1071px
reminder to not respond to sm64 posters
reminder that nobody actually cares about world records
reminder that sum of best is a meme
reminder that goblin is our boy and you're letting him down by not donating to SGDQ
>>
File: OBSESSED.png (190KB, 408x612px) Image search: [Google]
OBSESSED.png
190KB, 408x612px
>>
>>181158751
>literally screeching like an autistic retard in response
>>
File: anime dreaming of wr.png (494KB, 1026x578px) Image search: [Google]
anime dreaming of wr.png
494KB, 1026x578px
>>
File: anime dreaming of WR.jpg (108KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
anime dreaming of WR.jpg
108KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>181157267
>asking for donations
how far /srg/ has fallen
>>
>>181157267
>donating to MSF
why would I want to fund MSF's illegal immigration taxi service? none of them will make the world a better place, and none of them definitely won't pick up speedrunning.
>>
>>181169962
>>181170282
thanks for the late responses!
>>
Clint will rise again
>>
>>181172719
hopefully tonight. I enjoy his streams.
>>
File: the god gamer stigma is real.png (84KB, 580x748px) Image search: [Google]
the god gamer stigma is real.png
84KB, 580x748px
>>
>>
fuck off art
>>
Once the faggot beta cucks have been removed from speedrunning, the God Gamer Stigma will be lifted and only pure runners will remain.

These are the only gamers pure enough to be worthy of the God Gamer label:

CavemanDCJ
Dram55
Feasel
PJ
Behemoth
Goose
Ivan
Ryan Lockwood
Gari
MechaRichter
IonGravirei
Dragondarch
Chanzeux
Callumbal
Cyghfer
Andy
Zoast
ZFG
Werster

If you are a nuthugger for anyone but the runners listed above, I will not rest until you are removed
>>
>>181170282
>none of them definitely won't pick up speedrunning.
You should probably graduate high school before you start having opinions on world issues.
>>
So, does Glenn lurk this thread 24/7, or did one of our bois become a janny recently? These post deletion speeds make me think the latter. Sorry for the meta-discussion.
>>
damn I'm actually looking at the gdq chat and the automoderator going off
>>
>>181173689
you know it's close to sgdq when the gdq defense force is out.
>>
>>181175007
you know you're in /srg/ when you're surrounded by teenagers who haven't accomplished anything in their lives lmao
>>
DAMN Narcissa's girlfriend is hot!
>>
will SRL be hosting a "get yourself transitioning" this year?
>>
>>181175158

youtube com watch?v=4IvOhN31Iu4
>>
>>181175065
scamming a community of autistic teenagers for 6 figures a year isn't something to brag about either
>>
>>181175374
>de hippie spacing
>>
>>181175398
>GDQ is a scam
said the teenager who hasn't accomplished anything in his life.
>>
>>181175398
let me guess you use fluoride free toothpaste and eat gluten free pizza?
>>
File: Mvc2-jin.jpg (83KB, 540x750px) Image search: [Google]
Mvc2-jin.jpg
83KB, 540x750px
>>181175432
>>
>>181175851
Due to the endlag of his moves, Jin players need to exercise adequate spacing--almost to a hippie degree. This is relevant now more than ever, as characters are just functions.
>>
>>181175398
reminder cool matty admitted that GDQ LLC receives 15% of the previous year's donation total to use as they please to host the next marathon.

reminder AGDQ2017 raised $2.2m and will receive $330,000 to host AGDQ2018.

reminder GDQ LLC still REFUSES to compensate any of the runners. if 200 runners were each given $500 that would only be $100,000 which is still less than 1/3 of the money given to them to run the event.

reminder GDQ LLC is a for profit event and runners should treat it as so. DO NOT perform unless you are paid. DO NOT work for free. THEY CAN AFFORD it but would rather profit off of the community instead.
>>
>>181176520
>MvC isnt even a speed game
https://youtu.be/HYjjp2dqzLA?t=79
>>
>>181176415
none of these things make it a scam, you underaged faggot. learn how the real world works.
>>
get those donations in early to kick cancer's butt!
>>
>>181176949
The fact that they actively state on stream that everything goes to the charity is the problem. That's a lie.
>>
>>181189375
uhm sweetie, the money goes to the charity and then afterwards goes to whatever they want to spend it on and if they just randomly decide to make a contract giving 15% of it to the organizers the next year every year, that is completely the charity's choice
ok, honey, I hope you got that. get ready for the libel lawsuit
>>
>>181189895
OK so when I file for my taxes I ca say I earned 0 dollars every year because I have an arrangement with my cat. I donate everything I have to her first. What she does with it after that is none of the government's business.
>>
>>181189375
Everything does go to the charity. The charity then uses their own money to commission GDQ LLC to organize the next event.

There is quite literally no lie there.
>>
Caveman did nothing wrong.
>>
>>181190056
Yeah, you're underage and clearly have no concept of how real life works.

If you're so sure this is an illegal scam, why are you crying about it on 4chan instead of contacting the IRS?
>>
How old is Calebhart?
I'm turning 31 and seeing all these runners and streamers get lives is bumming me out.
>>
>>181190056
A cat isn't a legal entity, but yes there are many tax fraud schemes that work something like that.
>>
>>181190245
Didn't say it's illegal. Said it's a lie. It's intentionally misleading people if they know they're going to be receiving a portion of that money back. Intentionally misleading people while accepting their donation money SHOULD be illegal.
>>
>>181190440
What's the lie?

All of the money goes to the charity. The charity then uses their budget to fund endeavors that earn more money for the charity.

This is ridiculously fucking simple to understand, and not dishonest in anyway.
>>
>>181190579
>this charity marathon is funded by the charity you are donating to
>the more you donate to the charity, the more money we receive
>this means in reality that this charity marathon is funded by your donations
>this means not all of your money goes to the charity; some of it goes to us

Just because the money GOES somewhere doesn't mean that's where it ultimately ends up. They are actively making it appear as though all of the money stays with the charity and none of it goes back to them when that is not the case. That is misleading. Every time they say "and all of the money you donate goes directly to the charity" they are leaving out the relevant and important information that "oh and then they give us some of that money". It's unethical to not disclose that when you are a working with a charity.
>>
>>181190996
its public information, as evidenced by you posting about it here. why y'all gotta do this shit every time a marathon rolls around? just bored?
>>
>>181190996
charities utilizing their budget to organize fundraisers is extremely standard practice and it's amazing that you've somehow managed to twist it around this hard in some bizarre attempt to make it look abnormal and wrong.

did GDQ diddle you as a child?
>>
>>181191205
>>181191221
Mike, be careful, your mono may get worse again, if you exert yourself like this.
>>
>>181191205
Not public enough considering they intentionally omit that information unless pressed into a corner. They certainly do not mention it on stream because they know if they do so they will receive less donations. So leaving out that information means they get to receive money from people who are misinformed about where their money is going. This is unethical.

>>181191221
It's also standard practice to be clear with your audience or donators that some of the money is being put into the pockets of the event organizers. Because that's ethical.
>>
>>181190996
>i-it's misleading!
>nobody knows about it but me!!!
>i'm a super observant detective and i figured it out but everyone else is to stupid to see it!!
>wake up sheeple!!
>>
>>181191483
>It's also standard practice to be clear with your audience or donators that some of the money is being put into the pockets of the event organizers.
You stupid fucking faggot. Absolutely zero people believe this event is being held for free. It costs money to host large scale productions. Obviously the charity is funding it.
>>
>>181191497
Most of the people who donate believe the people who tell them "All of the money goes directly to the charity" because they say it all of the time.

>>181191627
Then why would they constantly state all of the money goes to the charity? If it's clearly and obviously not the case then why would they go through the trouble to word it just like that? If all of the money is going to the charity then none of the money is going to the organizers of the event.

Do you see the lie? Do you see the reason for the lie? Do you just choose to overlook the greed because you don't give a shit?
>>
>>181191836
>Then why would they constantly state all of the money goes to the charity?
Because it does go to the charity. And then the charity uses that money to organize fundraisers, in addition to other things.

We are now going in circles because you're so paranoid and obsessed with creating a problem out of nothing that you can't fucking grasp the concept of charities paying people to raise money for them, which happens worldwide with every charity and every single person alive knows it.
>>
>>181191836
youre not actually this retarded (i know that because nobody on earth is this retarded) and i refuse to be baited like this. bye
>>
DQ3 > SM64
>>
>>181192086
>>181192243
You don't consider it misleading people to effectively tell them none of the money goes to the event organizers when money does go to the event organizers.

That's not how ethics works. Insisting people too stupid to know better deserve to get fleeced is unethical. They should not be lied to or misled in the first place.

You're failing to look at this situation like someone else. You're only interested in looking at it from your own, unaffected perspective. It doesn't matter to YOU if people are being misled because you're not being misled. This sort of behavior does not make you suitable to lecture anyone on a matter like this.
>>
glad to see i_o_l still actively speedrunning these days

sad he gave up on ever beating darbian at anything and now just runs meme trash
>>
>>181192396
>You don't consider it misleading people to effectively tell them none of the money goes to the event organizers when money does go to the event organizers.
Nobody needs to tell anyone that money goes to the event organizers because of course it fucking does. You can't plant a magic fucking bean into the ground and have a GDQ pop out. Events like this require money to happen. Stating that the charity is paying them to do it is redundant, because the event would be LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO EXIST if they weren't.

This is the most common sense shit ever and it's fucking amazing I have to explain the basics of life to you like a god damn 6 year old.
>>
>>181192396
>Insisting people too stupid to know better deserve to get fleeced is unethical.
It's not GDQs job to teach people about the basics of large scale event production.

Just like how it's not a music festival's job to teach the audience that the band is being paid to play there and doesn't actually care about partying with a bunch of faggots on LSD.
>>
>>181192905
>Nobody needs to tell anyone that money goes to the event organizers because of course it fucking does
Then it's misleading to audibly state all of the money goes somewhere else when some of it doesn't

>You can't plant a magic fucking bean into the ground and have a GDQ pop out.
Obviously. But that doesn't mean they should state all of the money goes somewhere else when some of it doesn't.

>Stating that the charity is paying them to do it is redundant
Stating that the charity is paying them to do it is mandatory if you care at all about your credibility. Have you ever heard of the term conflict of interest before? There's a reason you shouldn't trust the words of people who stand to benefit from the lies they say. They will take advantage of you.

>because the event would be LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO EXIST if they weren't.
People can raise funds from all sorts of sources. You're under the impression that the money can ONLY come from the charity which is false. It can come from the organizers themselves if they're dedicated enough. The speedrunners are expected to pay for their own travel and boarding. They're not compensated by the charity. Surely if some of the people involved in the charity are expected to pony up just to be a part of it then everyone else could as well. It would be difficult, but it can be done. Other marathons are completed without any influx of cash from a charity.

You've still not addressed the point of ethics.

>>181193459
>It's not GDQs job to teach people about the basics of large scale event production.
They don't have to teach anything. They just have to avoid misleading people by telling them a lie that can only be interpreted one logical way. ALL of the money going somewhere does not mean SOME of the money going somewhere. The fact that it changes hands sometimes does not magically clean the fucking money.

It's a lie. Explain to me why them openly stating a lie is ethical.
>>
go get some fresh air
>>
>>181193726
>Then it's misleading to audibly state all of the money goes somewhere else when some of it doesn't
All of it goes to the charity. The charity is under no obligation to contract GDQ LLC the following year. GDQ raises their rates proportionate to their draw, like any sensible business would do, and the charity can then choose to contract them again or to not contract them again. This is really, really fucking simple.

Go to bed you petulant child.
>>
>>181194056
>money changes hands for a time
>this magically means they can state all of the money goes to the charity when some of it comes back
If they're going to state all of the money goes to the charity, they'll also need to state that some of the money they said went to the charity beforehand went into their pockets afterwards. That's called disclosure.

It's unethical for you to think they shouldn't have to disclose where they get their funding if the source of their funding is the charity they're raising awareness for. It's a conflict of interest.
>>
SMS>SM64
>>
>>181194351
shut the fuck up i_o_l. nobody takes your nonsense rambling seriously.
>>
File: mj stop.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
mj stop.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>
>>181194584
One day you'll stop being autistic and have empathy for people. No one should be lied to and give their money to others on false pretenses no matter their circumstances.
>>
>>181194727
holy shit dude go to bed
>>
File: 1498788850358.jpg (437KB, 4040x626px) Image search: [Google]
1498788850358.jpg
437KB, 4040x626px
What's the next stage we're already on the last one
>>
>https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/home/2016/6/27/dept-of-fine-print-what-does-all-proceeds-go-to-charity-actu.html

Not surprising that you fucking /srg/ RACISTS would defend GDQ LLC's scummy behavior. After all, your precious "god emperor" Drumpf does it too!
>>
>>181194779
Tired of getting this argument stuffed down your throat? Come up with better points.
>>
>>181194727
>One day you'll stop being autistic and have empathy for people.
never before have i seen a more glaring case of the pot calling the kettle black.
>>
>>181194796
but i hate drumpf
>>
>>181194847
the other guy already shut down your points and reading you go in circles is pathetic
go to bed
>>
>Slayer: "FUCK YEAH SEATTLE!!!! YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK!!!!"
>i_o_l: "This is a conflict of interest. Slayer is being paid to perform here tonight, and don't actually want to be. They should not be lying to the audience like this. *tips fedora*"
>>
>>181194869
Am I supposed to feel empathy for you? You've endured no pain or hardship.

>>181195019
I read the points clearly and none of them addressed the ethics of explicitly telling people all of the money goes somewhere when some of that money comes back. It's not something charity event organizers do because it shreds their credibility. It doesn't matter how well known it is that the money comes back. The fact that it comes back at all makes the statement "it all goes to the charity" a lie. Considering perpetuating this lie results with them having more money in their own pockets, telling this lie is incredibly unethical.

I've heard absolutely nothing to refute or even acknowledge this point. Just people constantly trying to skirt it and run away.
>>
>>181195297
Not a charity. Not accepting donations.
>>
>>181195317
>I read the points clearly
go to bed dude
>>
>>181195449
>doesn't address the point
>again
>just runs away and pretends like he won

I don't know who you think you're fooling, but it sure as shit isn't me.
>>
>>181195297
lmfao
>>
>>181195297
>i_o_l is the one stopping the WCSR circuit
I fucking knew it
>>
>>181195520
ok you can go to bed now
>>
>>181195520
why would anyone need to fool you? you're doing a great job of that on your own lmao
>>
File: 1324684888539.jpg (31KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1324684888539.jpg
31KB, 500x446px
>>181195726
>>181195791
Do you feel victorious? When I ask the question "is that ethical?" do you feel righteous that you managed to resist the temptation to answer with a yes or a no? Does that make you feel like you won when you refused to answer a question that would invariably shred your arguments to pieces? Do you think you've robbed me of this moment where I rub your repulsive faces in this over and over while you try to take your ball and go home?

You got shit on. For the better part of an hour you've been getting shit on. You adopted a point of view that was inherently flawed and now your only recourse is to convince yourself that I'm autistic because truly only an autistic savant would be both able and willing to outsmart the likes of you braindead cunts.

All I wanted to say was that they shouldn't say all of the money goes to the charity. You were the ones who took offense to that idea like it somehow damages you if they're unable to say it. How absurd.
>>
>>181195317
The money goes to charity. The charity then decides to pay GDQ a bit based on what they got. Unless you can prove that the charity holds the exact physical money that is donated and then gives that to GDQ, you have no argument to counteract the statement that all money received goes to charity. Consequently, they have no need to rectify their statement.
>>
File: Go_the_fuck_to_sleep.jpg (72KB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
Go_the_fuck_to_sleep.jpg
72KB, 480x364px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udj-o2m39NA
>>
>>181196136
>~25 words makes him write two paragraphs
holy shit dude go to bed
>>
>>181196136
>You've endured no pain or hardship.
I have multiple sclerosis.

You don't know the first thing about pain you delusional fucking faggot.
>>
>>181196161
>Unless you can prove that the charity holds the exact physical money that is donated and then gives that to GDQ

That's really not how it works. Accountability doesn't disappear into the ether when money is transferred.

>The charity then decides to pay GDQ a bit based on what they got.
Not disclosing that whenever they say "all" of the money goes to the charity is the part that makes it unethical.
>>
>>181196473
>That's really not how it works. Accountability doesn't disappear into the ether when money is transferred.
When did I say it was about accountability? I'm talking about the truth value of their statement.
Can you prove that their statement that all money donates goes to charity is wrong?
>>
File: 1325960115706.jpg (17KB, 365x385px) Image search: [Google]
1325960115706.jpg
17KB, 365x385px
>>181196460
Would you be all right with event organizers for a charity for MS receiving a cut of the money donated under the pretense that they receive none of that money?

How much money would you say is the acceptable amount for them to take without disclosing it?

1%? That doesn't seem like a lot. Surely they can keep quiet about 1%. That's almost nothing.

How about 10%? Well, it is a charity event after all. They do need to cover their costs. That's understandable that they wouldn't tell the donators that they end up with a cut of the donations. It might affect donations.

What about 99%? Well, some of that money is still ending up with the charity itself so you know, it's still fine. They don't need to disclose to the donators what they end up taking away from the charity they're promoting. All of the money goes to the charity after all, and then the money comes back. Technically all of the money went to the charity, right? The charity just decided to give 99% of it back. It's not like that money could be used to actually benefit the cause. What's important is raising awareness of the charity; not the cause.
>>
>>181196864
who are you replying to
>>
>>181196460
>I have multiple sclerosis.
So this is actually Uyama posting? lmao
>>
>>181196662
Some of it comes back. Money that belonged to the charity now belongs to GDQ. Since GDQ sent some of that money to the charity beforehand, it's effectively like GDQ only sent some of the money to the charity. Do you understand the important distinction? Do I need to make a food analogy for you to grasp WHY this money is not clean unless disclosed? Do you not understand why charities and their affiliated companies need to be open with their books? Do you understand why charity event organizers typically do not explicitly state all of their money goes to the charity unless the event itself is not funded by the charity or any of its members?

It's unethical.
>>
>>181197181
You're dodging the question again.

Prove to me that the statement that all money donated goes to charity is wrong.
>>
File: You couldn't protect her smile.jpg (8KB, 236x266px) Image search: [Google]
You couldn't protect her smile.jpg
8KB, 236x266px
Wait, I haven't been here in years it used to be all introverted white male anons and speed running while lamenting the death of AGDQ's and Uyama drama bans. Who the fuck are you people and why are there so many trannies, Normans, and people who know each other off board now?
>>
>>181196864
I would be fine with a charity contracting a business to fundraise for them, yes. In fact, charities do that right now, and I'm already fine with it. The budgets are all publicly available, as is mandated by law.
>>
>>181197286
who is "we"?
>>
>>181197250
>Prove to me that the statement that all money donated goes to charity is wrong.
Some of it comes back. All of it goes there. Some of it comes back. Some of it comes back. One more time? Some of it comes back. Some of that shit comes right on back. Right back into the GDQ pockets. Coffers. Piggy banks. Coin purses. They've admitted this, but they do not disclose it openly during the marathon or on stream. They do however tell the audience over and over again the first half of this money exchange. That all of it goes to the charity. They fail to mention that some of it comes back. They know that doing so would reduce the amount of donations. Many people who watch do not know that when they say "all" what they really mean is "all, temporarily".
>>
>>181197460
>All of it goes there.
So in other words, their statement is correct. So, really, they have no actual need to change their statement since it's correct.
>>
>>181190996
>>181192086
>>181194792
who is we?
>>
post sleeping vidya so he fucking goes to bed already
>>
>>181197286
what do you mean by "you people"?
>>
File: 1290198373235.jpg (43KB, 563x415px) Image search: [Google]
1290198373235.jpg
43KB, 563x415px
>>181197401
The question is whether you think it's ethical for them to mislead people about where the money ends up.

Where it initially goes isn't the information people would consider relevant. Where it ends up is what people want and need to know. They relay the information as if people are asking the question "so who gets this money immediately after GDQ ends?" when that's obviously not what people care to know. They want to know where the money ultimately ends up, and intentionally omitting that it ends up back in GDQ pockets is unethical.

>>181197545
Looks like you really do need an analogy to understand why it's unethical to be lied to.

Let's say you're selling your car for $5,000 online. You meet up with someone who wants to buy it. You both agree that the car is worth $5,000 and he offers to give you $5,000. He says that he sent $5,000 to the bank account you specified. You check to see if the transaction went through. You see $5,000 was added to your account, and then $4,000 was taken away. You are perfectly fine with this and you hand him the keys.

Technically he did not lie about giving you $5,000. What happened to the money after that obviously has nothing to do with him and you should give him the benefit of the doubt because he technically told you the truth about where the money initially went.

Perhaps you're curious about where the extra $4,000 ended up. Maybe you would have liked it if you knew exactly where all of it was going to end up before you decided to go through with that transaction.
>>
>>
>>181197460
>Some of it comes back.
It comes back so that the event can happen again. The event is paid for with the charity's fundraising budget. Do you understand? It is included as a part of the expenses of the charity.

Does GDQ need to announce every other expense the charity has too? Surely one could deduct these things on their own by looking at their publicly available budget.
>>
>>181198149
>and then $4,000 was taken away
Your anecdote fails here, as the charity chooses to give money to GDQ. It's not taken by any means.
Try again.
>>
File: XkuRE.gif (603KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
XkuRE.gif
603KB, 300x170px
>>
>>181198149
>Where it ends up is what people want and need to know.
Where it ends up is included in the charity's publicly available budget. It is public as mandated by law, and is available for anyone to observe before they choose to donate.
>>
File: file.png (4KB, 38x46px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4KB, 38x46px
>>
>>181198464
It's like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where the information that Earth will be destroyed was publicly available in some alien bureau.
>>
>>181198339
i'm starting to believe this dude is legit retarded.

no wonder he's literally only capable of running piss easy hold right and jump games.
>>
>>181198328
>It comes back so that the event can happen again
Why it comes back is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking irrelevant. The fact that they do not tell people it comes back when they're taking your money is unethical.

>The event is paid for with the charity's fundraising budget
I know. Which is why it's a lie to say all of the money goes to the charity when some of it goes to GDQ. They're not the same company. Being hired by the company doesn't give you permission to leave out how you get your funding when you are accepting donations for a charity. Charities operate using stricter rules.

>>181198339
>>181198464
Once more, insisting people who are uninformed deserve to get fleeced is unethical. This information should be stated during the marathon. It should not be obscured. They should not state that all of the money goes to the charity when they are funded by the charity. If two statements are true, the most descriptive or accurate one is the truest.

"All of the money goes to the charity"
"All of the money goes to the charity and then the charity pays us"

Which is more accurate and descriptive? Which statement possesses information people would choose to know if they had a choice? Does this relevant information affect how much money people would be willing to donate? Is withholding this information from the public eye more beneficial for the people organizing the event? Is it ethical for people being paid by a charity to insist the money is being used for a good cause? Wouldn't anyone say that if doing so earned them more money?
>>
>>181198732
Well, no, because in this case everyone on earth can actually access it easily.
>>
>>181198920
>Which is why it's a lie to say all of the money goes to the charity when some of it goes to GDQ.
All of the money goes to the charity. The charity's budget includes fundraising.

This is unbelievably simple, what in the fuck is wrong with your brain?
>>
Hey, go the FUCK to sleep!
>>
File: ko.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ko.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>
>>181198920
>They should not state that all of the money goes to the charity when they are funded by the charity.
All of the money does go to charity. This is what they say. It's true. The charity then funds them.
>>
>>181199017
This needs to be stated during the marathon, or they need to stop saying all of the money goes to the charity as if they receive none of the money. That is the outcome they are choosing to allow people to conclude; that they are not being paid. That is what "all of the money goes to the charity" expresses. It leads people to believe that they are not being paid. It convinces people to donate more. This lines their own pockets. This is unethical.

After all of this time and all of this bullshit not a single person can unequivocally state that this is ethical behavior. All you retards can manage to muster is that it's how this marathon has been done in the past and how it's likely to be done in the future. This is not an argument.
>>
God damn, look at this wall of text. They actually have a good line up of shit this time, too bad all the runners are fucking nobodies and probably soulless tranny drones like the past couple years.

Diddy Kong Racing
SOTN
MDK
ActRaiser
Lion King
EVO
Castle of Illusion
Supermonkey ball
Sonic Generations/CD
DK 64
Tony hawk
Banjo Kazooie (STHIV+)
HL2
Silent Hill
Resident Evil / C:VX
Alexx Kid
Ninja Gaiden
Super Meat Boy
All the good Zelda's including a twilight princess to sleep through
Might and magic VI (FINALLY)
Ys Origin
Megaman races
Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart
Tetris race
Mario warpless race/Cheese 120 star
Super Metroid race (low % garbage)
8 hours of FF7
Diablo 2 (MrReddit is pretty fun but normalruns are shit)
Earthbound

>>181198005
>>181197412
Do you want to smell Torokos manko after she hasn't bathed for months? I want her to suffocate me with her plump sweetness.
>>
File: CawI9A6W0AM_1Jy.webm (350KB, 390x218px) Image search: [Google]
CawI9A6W0AM_1Jy.webm
350KB, 390x218px
>>181199119
>>
>>181199293
>This needs to be stated during the marathon
Actually, it doesn't.
>>
where were you when GDQ conspiracy theorists got BTFO?
>>
>>181199197
So some of the money comes back. Sort of like not all of the money left. In fact that's exactly how it is. The fact that the money changes hands doesn't make it ethical to leave this information out. It's a charity. They need to disclose it. GDQ is organizing the event for the charity. They need to accurately disclose when they are being funded by the charity: funded by the donations they are receiving.
>>
>>181199408
Then it's unethical. When people who are giving you money to give to a charity don't know you end up with some of that money they are ignorant. When you actively tell them that the charity gets all of the money you lead them to believe that you ultimately receive none of it. This is unethical.
>>
File: xkKXsrt.gif (1MB, 400x227px) Image search: [Google]
xkKXsrt.gif
1MB, 400x227px
>>181199384
>>
File: CawIhLzXIAE_-LH.webm (260KB, 408x208px) Image search: [Google]
CawIhLzXIAE_-LH.webm
260KB, 408x208px
>>181199579
>>
>>181199569
>Then it's unethical.
If this is unethical, then it is also unethical for GDQ to not perpetually remind viewers where every single donated penny ends up.

It's not GDQs job to express the budget of the charity. The charity does that on their own, and people can choose on their own to become informed about it.
>>
where were you when marathonshitters invaded yet again
>>
>>181199569
>de slippery slope.
>>
can we all just agree that i_o_l is a delusional cunt and a pathetic coward who is scared of speaking to other human beings using his voice and runs nothing but objectively terrible hold right and jump meme games?
>>
>>181199762
So you don't give a shit about ethical behavior. You believe people who believe lies deserve to be lied to.

GDQ is responsible for telling the truth about where they get their funding. If a portion of the money they're taking under the guise of donating it to charity ends up back in their pockets they are ethically obligated to disclose that to the people donating money.

>>181199868
That's not a slippery slope.
>>
>>181200056
>You believe people who believe lies deserve to be lied to.
The statement "all money goes to the charity" is not a lie, as has been pointed out to you numerous times now.
>>
>>181200039
who is we?
>>
>>181200039
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
File: yjKitoA.gif (2MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
yjKitoA.gif
2MB, 380x214px
>>181199716
>>
>>181200056
Okay captain self-righteous, troddle along now and watch yourself masturbate in the mirror.
>>
hey shut the FUCK up
>>
>>181200112
It's only the first half of the relevant information. Lie through omission. They're intentionally leaving out the fact that some of that money ends up back in their pockets. Disclosing that would render the first half of the statement effectively false and this revelation would negatively affect donations which is why they choose not to disclose it.

You inherently understand WHY they're not telling people that they're funded by the charity and the charity is funded by the donations. Because it's only one layer of separation between donations going to charity and donations going to GDQ.

How people could consider this ethical is beyond me.
>>
>>181200289
The death rattle of a lost argument. Enjoy supporting the unethical practices of a company piggybacking off of charities to line its own coffers.
>>
File: p_101528432.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
p_101528432.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>181200464
>I won because I'm incapable of mentally grasping things they teach you in middle school.
>>
>>181200601
Not a single person has even dared to confront the ethics of the behavior. They're trying to hide behind a semantic technicality as if that somehow makes it A-OK USA. Absolutely shameful.
>>
File: KE3NVlD.gif (2MB, 400x239px) Image search: [Google]
KE3NVlD.gif
2MB, 400x239px
just functions
>>
File: jRwVK0O.jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jRwVK0O.jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
>>181200670
>>
>>181200789
Might as well wave a white flag. I'll tip the fedora all day long if it means rubbing your face in shit.
>>
File: ZdorovKirillVladimirovich_0.jpg (100KB, 1500x998px) Image search: [Google]
ZdorovKirillVladimirovich_0.jpg
100KB, 1500x998px
>>181200862
>>
hey shut the FUCK up
>>
File: CawJYiDWAAETi6o.webm (409KB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
CawJYiDWAAETi6o.webm
409KB, 350x196px
>>181200273
>>
>>181200670
>Not a single person has even dared to confront the ethics of the behavior.
it was addressed, but you started going in circles again.

people don't take you seriously because you don't listen to reason. there is no value in discussing things with you.
>>
>>181200917
How about we talk about speedrunning?
>>
>>181201018
who is we?
>>
>>181197792
The speedrunning community
>>
>>181200039
fuck off, i_o_l is our greatest achievement
>>
>>181195297
what do you mean by "you guys"?
>>
>>181201010
It was not addressed. No one has stated it is ethical to accept payment from a charity while simultaneously receiving donations for that charity without disclosing it to the donators.

That is the behavior being performed. This is not some strange interpretation of facts. These are pure established facts. I say this is unethical. No one has stated otherwise. I've explained with multiple examples and avenues of rational logic why this is unethical. No one has mentioned how it is at all ethical.
>>
>>181201268
sure thing, scooter.
>>
>>181201307
If you can't argue the point then every post is just you reluctantly agreeing with me.
>>
>>181201356
the fact that you require the last word to feel validated is really only a testament to your insecurity.
>>
>>181201605
Vindicated.
>>
File: Poster_AJStyles.png (308KB, 507x297px) Image search: [Google]
Poster_AJStyles.png
308KB, 507x297px
>>181201091
The speedrunning community?!
>>
>trihex's stream rn
>>
File: 1497232794904.jpg (40KB, 583x438px) Image search: [Google]
1497232794904.jpg
40KB, 583x438px
>>181202197
What's this gay shit?
>>
>>181202197
>actually watching it b4 the con
>>
>>181201821
Yea, you know... the boys
>>
finally you shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1317268901679.png (74KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
1317268901679.png
74KB, 662x635px
>>181202906
Is a post like this unethical?
>>
>>181202906
sadly you didnt
>>
>>181203506
wow
>>
File: PCF use of donations.jpg (99KB, 1235x240px) Image search: [Google]
PCF use of donations.jpg
99KB, 1235x240px
you fuckers. if you want to argue about how ethical gdqs are at least use facts.

FACT: it was posted on SDA and stated by GDQ staff that money was going to be used for funding a phone app to connect to cancer patients. WHERE IS THE APP? there is no mention of it anywhere. THEY LIED.

GDQS are unethical not because they say "all money goes to the charity" but because they said what money was going to be used for and it still hasn't happened.

just like how they stated they were a global charity before the community complained that they weren't and now they finally have programs outside the US.

again MORE LIES. VERY UNETHICAL. SAD!
>>
File: srb reaction.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
srb reaction.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>still going on about this
>>
>>181205935
what do you mean by "you fuckers"?
>>
File: attendance fee.png (299KB, 1227x896px) Image search: [Google]
attendance fee.png
299KB, 1227x896px
>>181205935
here is more evidence of GDQ staff being UNETHICAL:

back at AGDQ2014 mike uyama posted this: attendance fees for a single day was $40 and multiple days was $75. he justified this because it had to "cover conference room costs". few years later, PCF releases their financial statements that shows they gave GDQ staff over $96k for that event, which was much more than needed to cover the cost of the event.

Mike LIED to the community about why the cost of tickets were so high. He and the rest of the staff PROFITED off the community WHILE lying to everyone's faces.

again. FUCK GDQs. they are UNETHICAL, SHADY, and CROOKED MIKE has to be stopped.
>>
File: file.png (165KB, 1193x801px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
165KB, 1193x801px
>over 2 years old
>>
File: srg90mGet.jpg (253KB, 1378x667px) Image search: [Google]
srg90mGet.jpg
253KB, 1378x667px
now this is a blast from the past.
>>
Is Super Mario 64 the Dark Souls of speedrunning?
>>
File: AdamHornyTime.png (62KB, 203x214px) Image search: [Google]
AdamHornyTime.png
62KB, 203x214px
>>
this thread sucks lmao
>>
>>181209650
Par for /srg/.
>>
based clint laying down some cold hard facts about sm64 speedruns.
>>
Are new tricks still being found for Super Mario 64? Think we will see sub 1:39?
>>
no one cares
>>
>>181216238
yes and movement is far from optimized.
>>
donate
>>
>>181219862
who is i?
>>
File: 1468288442151.png (88KB, 692x464px) Image search: [Google]
1468288442151.png
88KB, 692x464px
>>
>>181224945
don't drink soylent kids
>>
I love how this thread becomes InfoWars speedrunning edition at GDQ time.
>>
>>181198149
>Let's say you're selling your car for $5,000 online. You meet up with someone who wants to buy it. You both agree that the car is worth $5,000 and he offers to give you $5,000. He says that he sent $5,000 to the bank account you specified. You check to see if the transaction went through. You see $5,000 was added to your account, and then $4,000 was taken away. You are perfectly fine with this and you hand him the keys.
a literal child could point out the flaw in this analogy lmao.
>>
why doesn't i_o_l use a mic? imagine being that much of a coward.
>>
>>181227084
Yeah, he's a keyboard warrior. He also uses emulators because he's too lazy/stupid to set up a console.
>>
>>181227183
i thought it was because he cheats
>>
>>181227223
That too, probably.
>>
File: secret.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
secret.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>
>>181229683
Very shallow movement with no depth.
>>
>>181230380
SM64 fits that perfectly, yes.
>>
>>181230425
That is simply not true.
>>
>>181231397
Wrong.
>>
>>181229683
This is loads more entertaining than anything I've seen in 64.
>>
File: shockinglifts.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shockinglifts.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>181234939
>>
File: tjislandhop.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tjislandhop.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>181234939
>>181235839
>>
>>181235839
>"movement depth"
more like exploiting the physics engine to compensate for shitty controls
>>
>>181235913
>shitty controls
but they work fine?
>>
>>181234939
It's definitely more entertaining than the rest of the game because it doesn't use fludd.
>>
>>181235913
>sunshine has no tech and controls that are easy to master
agreed.
>>
Sunshine is a piss easy speedgame lmao
>>
>>181229683
>>181235839
>>181235894
piss easy
>>
>>181206949
mike has been suffering from mono for 3 years and this is the grief you give him?
>>
>>181200056
>That's not a slippery slope.
The slippery slope is that if it's unethical for GDQ to not state X budget allocation of the charity, it then becomes unethical for GDQ to not state where the rest of the charity's budget is allocated.

You know when you go to a store and they have a little box for you to drop coins into for scoliosis or diabetes or whatever? Have you ever noticed that the entire budget for the charity isn't written out on that box? The same concept applies here.

Charities pay businesses to fundraise for them. Every charity does this, without exception. You know the box I talked about earlier? The business that manufactured the box got paid by the charity to manufacture the box. The company that owns the charity's headquarters? They get paid by the charity to lease the headquarters. The box manufcaturer and the landlord company are under no moral or legal obligation to disclose that the charity made these purchases. It is the charity's job to disclose this themselves.

And yes, if someone is stupid enough to donate to a charity without learning where their money is going, they deserve to lose their money. Just like how if someone is stupid enough to eat at McDonald's every day of their life without doing research on how trans fats raise your cholesterol levels, then they deserve to die of a heart attack. It is an individual's responsibility to be an informed consumer, especially in a society where there is already plenty of regulation mandating transparency on relevant information.
>>
>>181241804
Saying "the available information isn't good enough" is a slippery slope, because where do you draw the line for what is an adequate amount of information to spoon feed consumers? At what point should the individual be obligated to take personal responsibility for where their own money ends up? You could keep tacking on more and more and more until everything is so bloated with information it becomes needlessly convoluted. Should every penny be specifically accounted for? Should every ingredient and its long term affect on the human body be listed on the menu at a restaurant? When does it stop?
>>
>>181241804
>Charities pay businesses to fundraise for them.
This is 100% true. You have to spend money to make money. Every charity does this. However, what GDQs do are a bit different. Let me break this down to you.

A normal charity fundraiser works like this. Depending on the size of the charity, the organizer can receive some money up front from the charity to pay for essential expenses. Exmples would be: venue rental, equipment rent, entertainment for hire etc. Smaller events will not receive any money until it is over and will just be reimbursed from the money raised.

This is where it gets weird with GDQs. Why would PCF/MSF be giving GDQs $250k-$300k per event when they can easily see the essential expenses are at most $50k? The logical answer is that PCF/MSF are probably under the assumption that the speedrunners are getting reimbursed for their travel and hotel and that is where most of the money goes to. Any sane business person could see that an event that hasn't changed in both location and size in a couple years should not increase their budget by almost double unless it was for procuring talent that brings in more donations. The charity probably assumes the event is similar to any musical fundraiser where the organizer pays big bucks to get the big names to perform to raise more money.

The fact that Mike and the Jew Crew are getting away without paying the runners is criminal. The speedrunners need to actually rise up and demand payment. They can't fall for the "donate your time to the charity" excuse when the charity is most likely under the assumption the runners are getting some reimbursement already.
>>
>>181243120
>Why would PCF/MSF be giving GDQs $250k-$300k per event when they can easily see the essential expenses are at most $50k?
Because as the draw increases (and thus donations), GDQs premiums increase. That's standard business practice.
>PCF/MSF are probably under the assumption that the speedrunners are getting reimbursed for their travel and hotel and that is where most of the money goes to.
They aren't under that assumption. It's extremely common (and obvious) knowledge that the runners do not get paid. If you and I know this, and all the runners know this, the charity sure as hell knows it too.
>>
>>181194792
>Females join the vast majority/totally male hobby in an effort to not play the game, but to attract attention largely uncontested from boys. Because she is not there to play the game for the game's sake, she gives a half ass and annoying attempt at playing the game and largely impedes the whole process. She distracts the non-core members

this is disturbingly accurate for speedrunning
>>
File: doffy.png (207KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
doffy.png
207KB, 400x400px
is crash bandicoot gonna have interest from speedrunners ?
>>
>posting a picture of mrhyrulegamer is a bannable offense
>>181157267
>>181208552
>>181224945
>but all of this shit is perfectly fine
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>181249063
>crying over your cancer posts being removed
>>
>>181235839
>>181235894
>20 seconds of gameplay with basic movement
boring
>>
>>181251857
False.
>>
>>181252086
Wrong.
>>
File: no.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>181251642
Ok, but what about the other cancer posts?
>>
File: annefrankdance.gif (2MB, 199x231px) Image search: [Google]
annefrankdance.gif
2MB, 199x231px
>puncay starts making fun of mrspeedrun
>he does it right so it's bad for msr
>cheese wants to do it too since puncay is his role model, has no personality and wants to fit in
>starts some half assed passive agressive crusade
>doesn't go all the way and retracts because he's scared
>msr gets a shit ton of attention from the top 1 in the game
>channel grows extremely quick
>got partenered, 200 viewers, 1500 followers in june only
>cheese still tries to bully him sometimes but fails again and again
>msr still growing and even respects cheese because he thinks he's been respected too
>alpha boys like goose see the kid is a good guy and needs help and hosts him regularly

that's how cheese made msr a shit ton of money and fame while his friends like squishy barely gets 30 viewers despite having been running the game for years and have good times
>>
>>181251642
Sure, but what about the other cancer posts? Why are they still here?
>>
>>181253839
I don't care.
>>
File: 1482733121285.jpg (184KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1482733121285.jpg
184KB, 500x370px
>>181253839
>the kid is a good guy
>>
File: summoning glenn.jpg (942KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
summoning glenn.jpg
942KB, 1920x1080px
nuke it
>>
>>181246290
history repeats itself. this has happened to every community
>>
>>181253839
Puncay was home schooled, never had any friend, his only gf was a whore who had 70 partners before him, the relationship lasted 10 days because puncay's parents didn't want him to grow up and see someone else than them.

And cheese still looks up to him lmao.
>>
>>181256126
What the fuck is wrong with puncay's parents?
>>
>>181256126
Cheese has more of a life, but Puncay has more of a personality. Weird how things turn out.
>>
>>181251642
Alright, but what about the other cancer posts? Why some cancer posts but not other ones?
>>
File: wait a minute that gap......jpg (37KB, 193x256px) Image search: [Google]
wait a minute that gap......jpg
37KB, 193x256px
>>
this place is so toxic
>>
>>181256551
Not much, as far as I can tell. I think the main problem is that Puncayshun is a bit dumb and can't find his way in life. He needs to take streaming and speedrunning more seriously, or at least find another hobby or job that he's more enthusiastic about.
>>
>>181270091
How to find passion in life when you have no practical interests
>>
>>181256551
They aren't degenerates and shield their son from Nancy's world of depravity.
>>
File: Randall.jpg (43KB, 852x848px) Image search: [Google]
Randall.jpg
43KB, 852x848px
>>
File: Randall.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Randall.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>
File: squid exposes nkr.webm (824KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
squid exposes nkr.webm
824KB, 450x360px
>>
get help rob
>>
Give me a good commentated speedrun
>>
>>181275910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaDflIPG3f4
>>
>>181275910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09sNpXd2Ufg
>>
>>181276226
>>181276409
Thanks
I like to fall asleep to these
>>
seek your local clinic nkr
>>
File: IMG_4005.jpg (42KB, 398x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4005.jpg
42KB, 398x400px
>looking at the sgdq schedule
>can't find Breath of the wild
>>
>>181279226
it's a bonus game, that way mike gets more money and everyone gets to see their precious 45 minute borefest. there is no doubt it will be included.
>>
comfy
>>
comfy is just a codeword for boring desu
>>
obsessed is a codeword for above it all desu
>>
File: empty chart.png (190KB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
empty chart.png
190KB, 2500x2000px
fill em
>>
File: blogsquares.jpg (937KB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
blogsquares.jpg
937KB, 2500x2000px
>>
File: 1463440814508.jpg (2MB, 2525x2020px) Image search: [Google]
1463440814508.jpg
2MB, 2525x2020px
>>
God Gamer AndrewG steals another one of Pathetic Grindmonkey Darbian's SMB1 world records.
>>
Goose is Haber, right?
>>
>>181290984
Obviously lol
>>
>>181290961
>implying andrewg isn't a grind monkey
>>
>No Deus Ex of any kind at SGDQ
Gay
>>
>>181290984
why are you asking this every thread
>>
>>181290047
Damn who are those turboQTs on the left?
They're not men are they
>>
>>181295094
It's a different guy this time. I'm the guy who usually asks lol
>>
>>181267028
>By posting a picture exposing that saying grind monkey phrases triggers the spam detection, Squid calls Glenn to delete the post in order to hide the truth.
you cannot hide the exposure.
>>
>>181295535
0xa101 aka Adrian
Blackantivenom
>>
File: yashi.jpg (10KB, 249x332px) Image search: [Google]
yashi.jpg
10KB, 249x332px
>>
File: 1486191184344.png (779KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486191184344.png
779KB, 576x1024px
>>
File: beatrix practices mgr.gif (906KB, 245x229px) Image search: [Google]
beatrix practices mgr.gif
906KB, 245x229px
>>
>>181301392
wtstlhi?
>>
>>181304138
There's only one hit in that gif
>>
File: beatrix practices mgr.gif (997KB, 245x229px) Image search: [Google]
beatrix practices mgr.gif
997KB, 245x229px
>>
>>181297774
just kill yourself now
>>
>>181307872
thanks for the late response!
>>
>>181296326
real pathetic samefag
>>
>>181308118
>>
>>181307872
https://oddshot.tv/s/SaaBDZ
>>
ctrl-f for myself is coming up empty
please fix with a sick namedrop!
>>
>>181139672
saw a Link to the Past randomizer race (videos/151355167) where the runners had custom sprites, but neither randomizer seems to have that option. is it some kind of beta version or did they straight up just download Link sprite swaps from somewhere?
>>
>>181246474
no
>>
>>181313037
the online randomizer tool has that feature under one of the tabs at the top
>>
>>181314180
i'm retarded, thanks
>>
>>181253839
It still baffles me that people actually watch mrspeedrun unironically
>>
Where's caveman
Where's cirno
Where's trihex
Where's coolkid
Where's noobest
Where's gocnak
>>
>>181325225
why didn't you sage?
>>
reddit.com/r/narcissacriticism
Where else am I supposed to discuss speedrunning?
>>
>>181325943
Im gonna kill u
>>
Any eta on when first chair will be sniffed?
>>
>>181326869
Depends on the editing skills of the next memeshitter.
>>
>>181327080
Xelnas...
>>
https://www.twitch
.tv/videos/155712554?t=5h24m12s
>>
>>181329148
>community closed this channel
What was it?
>>
>>181329878
is this bait?
>>
>>181329948
>now it loads
what the hell man
>>
>>181174325
>>181297774
There's a MrHyruleGamer nuthugging janitor too, apparently. Pictures of MHG get deleted immediately but pictures of literally anyone else don't go anywhere.
>>
>>181332473
Or that the person posting them is deleting them to steer the discussion towards him.
>>
>>181332995
no lol, I've been banned for posting pictures of MHG, but I've posted pictures of Trihex, Narci, iateyourpie, mrspeedrun, etc. without any repercussion. Someone is either brigade reporting it, or there's a janitor sucking MHG's cock.
>>
someone post MHG's picture
>>
>>181333405
lol get a life
>>
>>181333787
You do it.
>>
>>181333898
give me it
>>
>>181333974
Just google image search him you faggot.
>>
>>181333870
Your girlfriend is twice the size of you, MHG. Eat some food and lift some weights.
>>
File: Narcissa pre-op.jpg (123KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Narcissa pre-op.jpg
123KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>181334440
The Top Ten Epic Speedrunner Photo Shoots Stigma
>>
*yawn*

so when does /v/ get here again?
>>
>>181336083
8===============================>
>>
>>181336083
CRINGE!!!!!!!!! XD
>>
so about that cosmo clip
>>
>>181337701
which one
>>
>>181339102
the one that sounds like a horse eating peanut butter
>>
>>181339167
lmfao
>>
>>181195297
lmfao
>>
>>181336429
lmfao
>>
>>181336335
lmfao
>>
lmfao
>>
Stop being epic
>>
>>181334440
why didn't you delete?
>>
when darbian has wr
>andrewg is a has-been and people only like him bc god gamer stigma

when andrewg has wr
>andrewg is a god gamer and exposed chimpian as a grindmonkey

stay irrelevant serg
>>
>>181345139
t. simian
>>
>>181345139
>taking any monkey shit seriously
>>
>>181345421
t. grindxcucklet
>>
>>181345139
AndrewG is as much a grind monkey as anyone. That's why he is only mentally capable of running the most grind monkey games in speedrunning.
>>
>>181345484
Try using real words next time, hun.
>>
>>181345632
hell yeah, like marble madness and excitebike and dr jekyll and mr hyde and every single mario bros game and cv4 and werewolf and kung fu and track and field and donkey kong and dr mario and mike tysons punch out and balloon fight and rush'n'attack and rad racer and ghoul school and super mario world and mega man 10 and...
>>
>>181346132
Even disregarding that literally all of those are grind monkey meme games, how many of them is he actually good at?
>>
>>181346248
>its not really a speedrun unless ur the best at it
nice try serg, not taking that bait for the 1000th time
>>
>>181346248
>every game i dont like is a grind monkey game
oh magic 8 ball, when will actual speedrunners return to serg
*shake shake*
"fuckin never, deal with it"
:(
>>
>>181346657
there has never been actual speedrunners here
>>
File: IMG_0775.jpg (61KB, 334x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0775.jpg
61KB, 334x371px
Meanwhile in bizarro /srg/...
>>
>>181350085
I sure love trans! people! I hope all of them live long and fruitful lives.
>>
>>181350085
super mario 64? can't say i've heard of it...
>>
>>181350085
squid is based and not a stupid fucking grind monkey with a bird laugh
>>
>>181350435
Live, friend.
>>
>>181346532
>its not really a speedrun unless ur the best at it
No, I never claimed this. He just has to have a respectable time.
>every game i dont like is a grind monkey game
But I like several of those games. That doesn't change the fact that they're piss easy 2d speedgames.
>>
>>181350085
comfy is just a codeword for good desu
>>
>>181350435
he said bizarro world not the truth
>>
Sometimes speedrunners do these streams where they play the game in front of an audience.
When they introduce themselves, they use their online handles though.
Anyone else find that cringey as fuck?
Like instead of saying "Hey, I'm Mark and I'm going to speedrun Final Fantasy 13",
he would say "Hey I'm LewdDolphin21 and I'm going to speedrun Final Fantasy 13"
>>
>>181354464
Dude, you want these people to dox themselves? Somebody could reverse engineer their IP address and deedoss their stream. Not cool, bro.
>>
>>181354464
That's why you choose an alias that isn't embarrassing.
>>
>>181354659
I doubt that would affect their data day lives
>>
>>181354464
It's not just speedrunners who do this, my man. You'll find this to be the case across all forms of competitive gaming.
>>
Strange, Diddeh still has a high 54.
>>
>>181355073
And?
>>
>>181355126
That's an awful time and he's been streaming the game almost daily for the past few weeks. I thought someone here was saying he was good?
>>
>>181355073
and you still have a gay 69 LOL
>>
>>181355213
Has potential =/= good.
>>
>>181355280
That's pretty meaningless, though.
>>
I'm thinking about running Clustertruck.
But it would probably drive me insane.
>>
File: seyc9qS.png (7KB, 337x112px) Image search: [Google]
seyc9qS.png
7KB, 337x112px
>>181355213
>>181355280
>>181355365
>>
File: h7Gjz3g.png (10KB, 506x95px) Image search: [Google]
h7Gjz3g.png
10KB, 506x95px
>>181355779
>>
>>181354659
True. One time I had a business meeting and told someone my first name. Next thing i knew they fucking DDOS'd me. That was the last time i ever told someone my first name.
>>
that was THE LAST TIME they ever FUCKED with ME
>>
how much money did you guys set aside to donate this week?
>>
>>181357812
what do you mean by "you guys"?
>>
>>181357812
I'm not donating anything, but not because of the "stick it to the man" tinfoil hat bullshit people spout around here lmao
>>
>>181357812
$50. Let's kick cancer's ass!
>>
>>181357812
I'm not donating anything, but not because of the "let's kick cancer's butt" tinfoil hat bullshit people spout around here lmao
>>
>>181357812
$0. I can't bring myself to fund anything violent, even if it's only violence against cancer.
>>
>>181358034
>>181358103

so it's because you are just a broke nigga?
>>
>>181358224
>de triple dippie hippie spacing
>>
>>181358224
Not broke, just on a budget.
>>
File: agdq comparison.jpg (219KB, 608x1288px) Image search: [Google]
agdq comparison.jpg
219KB, 608x1288px
>>181357812
Last time I donate to a GDQ was probably in 2013.
>>
>>181357812
$0.
Honestly, it's because i have no motivation to pay for something i can get for free. And i get nothing in return for donating. So there.
>>
File: Mvc2-jin-Palette3.png (11KB, 458x154px) Image search: [Google]
Mvc2-jin-Palette3.png
11KB, 458x154px
>>181358279
>>
>>181358668
but it supports the runn- oh...
>>
File: file.png (158KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
158KB, 800x800px
>>181358717
stop being an ungrateful child. big jon got 5k new followers and partner after doing the egg roll song in tune with mario music.
>>
>>181358976
ok?
>>
>>181358976
he had partner way before that lol
>>
>>181358224
Why would I line the pockets of those lying greedy fucks? It sure as fuck isn't going towards the real talent.
>>
>>181359186
>the real talent
lmao
>>
File: gdq over years.jpg (371KB, 640x4224px) Image search: [Google]
gdq over years.jpg
371KB, 640x4224px
>>181358446
>>
>>181358976
If they want money, why do they speedrun videogames for 12 year old children?
>>
>>181359213
ok stream monster
>>
File: gdq naegleria uyama.jpg (174KB, 1310x445px) Image search: [Google]
gdq naegleria uyama.jpg
174KB, 1310x445px
>>181359234
2012 and 2013 were the magical peak years.
>>
>>181359234
even at agdq 2014, nearly every single person in the audience at any point was at least decent at speedrunning. it's almost the inverse nowadays.
>>
irony
>>
>>181359491
2014 was The Cullenining.
>>
who is ready for #chibileaks..
>>
>>181359981
What is there to leak, he's been doxxed already
>>
File: box.jpg (104KB, 256x178px) Image search: [Google]
box.jpg
104KB, 256x178px
>he doesn't even have a sub 40 igt in super metroid

Why not?
>>
File: 1491878683244 (1).png (20KB, 573x284px) Image search: [Google]
1491878683244 (1).png
20KB, 573x284px
>>181360358
>>
>>181360450
who are you quoting?
>>
>>181360487
That's not even giantess, that's vore.
>>
>>181359234
>>181358446
>when trihex wasn't an actual nigger yet
Is he even going to sgdq this? Forget that, is he even speedrunning anymore?
>>
>>181362553
AHAHAHAHAHA NIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>181362553
No. He's at Anime Expo doing IRL streams.
>>
>>181359234
and to think, its gotten much much worse
>>
>>181358690
lmao a god
>>
>>181362636
He's just a stupid nigger now, I can't find a better way to describe him

>>181363502
>IRL streams
jesus
>>
>>181366149
>>>/b/
>>
>>181366149
lol! nigger!
>>
File: IT'S REAL NIGGA!.png (2MB, 1664x1020px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S REAL NIGGA!.png
2MB, 1664x1020px
>>
>>181366605
;)
>>
>>
>>181368798
what happened, why is squid in the hospital?
>>
i wonder if this is the yr a school shooting will happen at sgdq
>>
File: 1437958682243.jpg (80KB, 778x948px) Image search: [Google]
1437958682243.jpg
80KB, 778x948px
soon
>>
File: poop.png (391KB, 405x486px) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
391KB, 405x486px
>>
>Squid still doing wrong movement for many stars.
>>
>>181370676
There is no "wrong" movement. If it works for him, it's not your business.
>>
>Squid still doing slow movement for many stars for no reason.
>>
>>181371123
There is no "slow" movement.

Time is a subjective concept and the leaderboards are full of white supremacy and privilege.
>>
>>181371123
There is no "slow" movement. If it works for him, it's not your business.
>>
>>181371328
>>181371320
>There is no "slow" movement.
lmao
>>
>>181371328
>It's not your business
>despite the fact that he's streaming it publicly for anyone to view
>>
>>181371378
t. obsessed freak who doesn't know a thing about speedrunning
>>
>>181371441
I know more than the guy who thinks you can't move slowly in a game where your time depends on how fast you're moving lmfao
>>
>>181371435
Then why don't you show us better movement that works?
>>
>>181371007
>>181371320
>>181371328
>>181371441
>>181371561
>>
>>181371561
Here's a big list with videos.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16AheTNXrkslRD2vucFxcqzp1kxamNLMaapk4dV_1aBs/edit
>>
>>181371548
>your time depends on how fast you're moving
you seriously can't be this retarded
>>
why are there so many trannys in speedruning?
>>
>>181371691
why are there so many gay people in san fransisco
>>
>being so jealous of squids basedness that you resort to a lifestyle of autism
>>
>>181371675
>He thinks your time in SM64 doesn't depend on how fast your movement is.
Might want to talk to the top runners about that.
>>
>>181371638
>copypasting a guide instead of accurately comparing what squid does wrong
Further proving you're just a memespouter who has no idea what you're talking about.
Stop posting.
>>
>>181371861
Not you then lmfao
>>
>>181371861
>l-let me just blindly say the top runners think this way without providing evidence
LMAO
>>
Cismen can run faster than ciswomen in real life. Speedrunning as a whole is based on the mascunormative norm that priviliges that which moves faster. It is no wonder that 95% of record holders are white cishet males. The whole system needs to be revamped and allow for more diverse competition than simple patriarchal speed rankings.
>>
File: merelyajoke.jpg (57KB, 500x736px) Image search: [Google]
merelyajoke.jpg
57KB, 500x736px
>>181371548
>>181371378
I mean, did you even read the posts. I even claimed that "Time is a subjective concept and the leaderboards are full of white supremacy and privilege."

Come on man.
>>
https://twitter.com/puncayshun/status/690737127194255360
>>
>>181372584
He forgot
>47 - you're a literal God that btfo me at every turn
>>
>>181372128
You're right. None of the top runners think your time depends on your movement in SM64. Thanks for informing us.
>>
The God Gamer Stigma
>>
>>181373221
No problem! Be sure to submit evidence next time you make a claim like that :)
>>
>>181373118
But neither Nero nor Xiah have a 47.
>>
File: cnFr22K.png (29KB, 570x197px) Image search: [Google]
cnFr22K.png
29KB, 570x197px
>>
>>181372584
Imagine ruining your life to the point where you pretend be an authority on a dead game with an even deader base and being so pretentious that your skill margin is decided within a small margin of minutes.

This is like some dude speedreading Lord of the Rings and saying if you can't read it in 93 minutes, your shit, but 92 is pretty decent, and 90 is mastery. Pathetic.
>>
>>181373579
>your skill margin is decided within a small margin of minutes.
It is, though. 51 is a beginner time.
>>
>>181373563
literally who
>>
>>181372128
Simply explains in his movement tutorials that your time depends on how fast your move.
>>
>>181373391
Yeah, but how much effort have they really put into 70 star.
>>
>>181374435
Where is the tutorial?
>>
>>181374497
Xiah put a lot of effort into 70 star.
>>
>>181374537
It's linked to in the guide you've never read.
>>
>>181374547
Define "a lot of effort"

Like how many hours a day and days a week for how long.
Because I thought that dude was basically 0 and 1 star only. Granted I've only been following shit for a few months.
>>
>>181374620
Then grab it and post it here. It should be easy for you since you've seen it, right?
>>
https://youtu.be/yc9oSK74ZTU?t=8m5s

Simply explains here that movement is the most important part of SM64 speedrunning.
>>
With cheese phoning it in after a couple weeks for "1:38 and WR measurement" and punchay having literally no discipline, who here backing the only true runner, ourguy Simply?
>>
>>181374954
>most important part="your speed determines your time"
LMAO
>>
>>181375104
Which you earlier denied.
>>
>>181375163
Do you really not know how to read a greentext?
>>
>>181375239
see:
>>181371675
>>
>>181375369
So you lack reading comprehension? That honestly puts this all into perspective.
>>
>>181375483
>your speed determines your time
>your time depends on how fast you're moving
These are synonymous statements. It appears you are the one who lacks reading comprehension.
>>
WHY DO FAGS ALWAYS COME IN PAIRS???
>>
File: DDr7nrhUwAA8pbC.jpg:large.jpg (68KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
DDr7nrhUwAA8pbC.jpg:large.jpg
68KB, 1280x640px
>>
really hope the entire series of threads during sgdq can just be sm64 arguing
>>
>>181375591
>>your speed determines your time
The post was laughing at how you thought "most important part" equated to speed. I guess a SM64 nuthugger can't understand how to read.
>>
>>181373784
It took me two hours my first attempt
>>
>>181375928
The most important part in SM64 speedrunning is the speed at which you move, yes.
>>
Super Mario Sunshine is better.
>>
comfy
>>
>>181376078
Honest question, did you just wake up and decide you wanted to be a retard today?
>>
comfy is just a code word for boring desu
>>
DQ3 > all
>>
>>181376217
You keep calling me retarded without raising any arguments, so I'm guessing that means you don't have any.
>>
>>181376334
word
will darko get the coveted title of "best in the west"??
>>
>>181376371
I honestly don't want to waste time when you keep proving you can't read.
>>
>Your time in SM64 depends on how fast you move.
>LOL NO IT DOESN'T FUCKING RETARD
>Yes it does, the top runners would all agree.
>Lol UNSUSBSTANTIATED STATEMENT, can't even provide evidence, FAGGOT RETARd
>Here is a video of a top runner explaining that movement is important.
>LOL YEAH OBVIOUSLY MOVING FAST IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART
>Yes, that's what I said, and you denied it.
>LOL FUCKING RETARD CAN'T EVEN READ
>What?
>YOU'RE RETARDED LOL
>>
does anyone know the settings in higan to play at 62 fps? thanks in advance
>>
>>181376586
SEETHING
>>
File: 1389490673822.jpg (130KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1389490673822.jpg
130KB, 800x800px
>>181376586
>>
>>181376661
wrong board faggot
>>
>>181376661
>>181376756
If you say so.
>>
File: 1497470890384.png (624KB, 1151x762px) Image search: [Google]
1497470890384.png
624KB, 1151x762px
>>181376586
>blind SM64 nuthuggers are THIS MAD
>>
>>181376586
>MY OPPONENT IS A MORON
>IMA STRAWMAN TO PROVE MY POINT

You're both retarded and shitting up the thread. Fuck off.
>>
looks like the crossboard shitters are coming in. Finally. this thread will be better for about a week.
>>
>>181377186
What's the strawman?
>>
>>181377234
>wanting it to be anything but gone already
>>
>>181377451
You putting everything in all caps and omitting your own name calling and insults as well, though the ladder part isn't technically strawmanning.
>>
>>181378817
It was hyperbole. I guess you could consider that a strawman if you really stretch the definition.
>>
>going through the trouble of transitioning and not taking a single voice training course

Why fucking bother if you're just going to half ass it.
>>
>>181379087
It's Cosmo. Taking any type of training course would require effort, and you know he's allergic to work.
>>
>Anele banned

lmao
>>
Chibi is actually at SGDQ.
>>
https://twitter.com/ShinyAquana/status/880890408913567744
>>
https://twitter.com/ShinyAquana/status/881174824181276673
>>
>>181381762
>>181383125
>he isnt blocked
screencap that shit anon
>>
>>181383382
Just open it in an incognito tab.
>>
50 dollars towards my good friend, Micheal, who was diagnosed with mono 4 years ago, and is still fighting. Keep up the good work, and may you finally beat the chinese MMOs you're playing all day long.
>>
>>181384003
Who??
>>
https://twitter.com/srlMikl/status/880315057577627648

Pathetic furry crying about affiliate's having sub button. Mr_Shasta's ex and known crybaby after getting exposed in Sly.
>>
>The mononucleosis was a misdiagnosis! He has something much more serious: a life-threatening case of hypothyroidism
>>
based FUCKING irrelevant tweetposter
>>
>>181385010
The only reason he is making this petty remark is because his stream is so shit and he is so unlikable that he's worried about people who watch him subbing to someone else now they have the option.
>>
hey shut the FUCK up
>>
>>181385010
People complaining about everyone having sub button is as dumb as the people who complain that their favorite underground indie band got popular.
>B-but I wanted to be special!!!!
>>
I'd like to take this moment to remind you that twitch and subscriptions killed speedrunning by turning it into a job instead of a hobby, and promoting degeneracy instead of actual skill.
>>
>>181385931
based twitch and subscriptions. speedrunning is shit and should be removed from existence.
>>
>>181385931
I'd like to take this moment to say word
>>
>>181385403
>>
>>181385931
Wrong.
>>
chibi is like seconds awway from becoming a tranny
its scary
>>
>>181387131
so is everyone else desu
>>
>>181387131
How can you tell?
>>
>>181388568
i dont really want to see his cheeb again
ive had enough of insecure feelings today
>>
>>181387131
I have to wonder what's the main factor in transitioning is: environment or genetics
>>
>>181389456
After the one handed nier automata run, I think they're pretending to give a shit anymore
>>
File: savage vs rodent.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
savage vs rodent.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>181385931
instead of CRYING about how twitch killed speedrunning maybe, JUST MAYBE, you should do something about it.

the WCSR will expose the fake speedrunners
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3hZmDqVIs

near perfect run of the hardest strat ive ever attempted. definitely the best thing ive done in sm64 by far.
>>
>>181394556
good job
>>
>>181394556
Now how about doing that for the other 119 stars.

Get off your ass and fucking PB; it's been over a year.
>>
how many trannies will there be this time?
>>
>>181396384
50%
>>
>>181396384
at least 5 that flaunt it.
>>
R/samandtolki niggas where u at
>>
*flies high above it all and bird laughs*
>>
at what time does AGDQ starts?
>>
kill or save animals? :D
>>
File: 1484151542478.webm (374KB, 404x390px) Image search: [Google]
1484151542478.webm
374KB, 404x390px
>>181400406
>AGDQ
>>
hmm, dont think ill watch SGDQ this year...
>>
hit me up with the latest and best speedrunning memes! I want to pretend to fit in during sgdq in the /v/ threads to come.

thanks for your help
>>
>>181402223
why would /v/ come here these events are fucking dead my man nobody cares anymore
>>
guys how long does it take for my stuff to dry in a drying cabinet?
>>
I just got timed out for posting ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ in chat.

What the fuck.
>>
>>181403029
I like that bear face. Mind if I use it?
>>
>>181406282
BANNED
>>
File: the-elite.png (253KB, 771x1967px) Image search: [Google]
the-elite.png
253KB, 771x1967px
Why don't they just switch to RTA already?
>(110 people)
>>
>>181139672
>top 4 m64 runners are degenerate whore tier
this fucking stream
>>
File: ultracombo.jpg (101KB, 1347x544px) Image search: [Google]
ultracombo.jpg
101KB, 1347x544px
>>181139672
Day 4 gonna be epic.
>>
>>181407871
>>181409953
>>
>>181409994
sorry for having a life
>>
croni can you please turn the bot off during sgdq thanks
>>
leave the bot on
>>
File: squid goes to ESA.jpg (265KB, 820x460px) Image search: [Google]
squid goes to ESA.jpg
265KB, 820x460px
>>
never stream
>>
>>
incessant
>>
>>181414685
lmao this one is just too good
>>
>>
>>
AuthorBulge getting mad at trolls on Reddit is one of the most pathetic displays I have ever witnessed.
>>
>Squid stopped using splits after people started calling his segments bad
lmao
>>
early marathon shitter here. you're all fags rofl
>>
>glitchless
>uses all the fucking glitches and bugs and exploits

love these random arbitrary bullshit rules
>>
>>181415747
hes just pure
>>
>>181387625
https://twitter.com/ShinyAquana
This extravagant behavior is a typical precursor of the tranny breakdown. The problem is that he's been like that for years so it may well be a different mental illness.
>>
>>181418742
>40k tweets
of fucking course
>>
>>181418056
?
>>
File: 14989958783680.png (2MB, 1902x872px) Image search: [Google]
14989958783680.png
2MB, 1902x872px
Are you ready?
>>
>>181419437
>xGDQ 2020
>there's not even a stream or donations anymore
>people just go to a hotel to fuck trannies while playing games
>invite only
>>
File: 1476563245384.jpg (44KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476563245384.jpg
44KB, 720x720px
>>181419437
ready to kill myself
>>
marathonfag here
do we still hate marathonfags?

thanks
>>
File: steamed_hams.jpg (5KB, 240x201px) Image search: [Google]
steamed_hams.jpg
5KB, 240x201px
>>181419437
>>
>>181421317
who is "we"?
>>
>Still banned in the gdq chat from a spam posted in 2013
when will the suffering end so i can spam like an autist again?
>>
Marathonfag here again

how many new runs this year?
How many wr holders are actually running their games instead of the random 13th ranked casuals?
>>
>>181422737
just make a new account
>>
>>181422895
There are no zelda runs this event right guys? surely no more multiple hours of boring uneventful runs? r-right?
>>
>>181423296
i want my link's awakening
>>
>>181422737
Ask a community member to unban you.
>>
dead doggy
>>
>>181394556
i made a webm of this
>>
I haven't played any nier or drakengard, should I wait until Halo?
>>
>>181427257
>no hat
Not legit. Get out.
>>
>>181427556
watch clemp ;^)
>>
http://taskinoz.com/gdq/
You guys gonna donate?
>>
WAAAAAH
>>
ben_cn
>>
@181428917
epic
EPIC
>>
Whoa! Haha a tranny! I love watching fake women speed run Pikmin! What a killer event guys!
>>
can you be ip blocked from making twitch accounts?
>>
stop being epic
>>
>>181430162
Fucking epic, dude! You tell 'em!
>>
I'm so proud to be here to see when chibi....

...becomes shebi.
>>
>>181350085
she
>>
Exactly how many hours/minutes left?
>>
>>181430250
Is that really Chibi? Are literal autists allowed to elect to cut their balls off?
>>
File: 1412798533710.png (31KB, 744x824px) Image search: [Google]
1412798533710.png
31KB, 744x824px
>>
Hey, shut the FUCK up!
>>
could someone post the siglemic diaper pasta please? I got the feeling that I'll need it quite a few times in the next days
>>
>>181430912
>pasta
u wot m9
>>
>>181430463
>>
has there been a tranny incident yet?
>>
is srg dead?
>>
>>181431574
no, but speedrunning is
>>
>>181431909
Other way around
>>
>Route A Nier

I hate how they speedrun incomplete games so dumb, literally 30% of the game wow good job

>1 handed
wow good job i see they need to pander for disabled people now so he got on first at prime time
>>
>>181431574

>is srg dead?

serg has been dead for years with only marathons breathing a week of life into it
>>
Is it just me or does the Twitch chat get worse every year?
>>
>>181432469
n*qqa like for real? why would people speedrun outside of gdq like get a life
>>
HOYPE XD
>>
>>181432531
what, you dont like meaningless emote spam?
>>
File: keep-calm-and-kappa--50.png (48KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-kappa--50.png
48KB, 600x700px
>>181432665
>>
>>181432469
Yeah I just come into these threads when there's a GDQ, I imagine 60% of other posters do this as well.
>>
File: 1498688759015.png (2KB, 30x26px) Image search: [Google]
1498688759015.png
2KB, 30x26px
>>
>>181432641
sgdq is gonna be so lit booiiii
>>
>>181432792
twitch chat truly is the pinnacle of modern humour
>>
>>181432812
protip: /srg/ doesn't exist outside of weeks surrounding marathons anymore
>>
get help rob
>>
sig...
>>
"Speedrunning"
>99% of the time it's just glitch abuse
explain
>>
>preshow
>tranny on cam
It keeps happening
>>
good start
>>
super mario 64: the majestic watch of a speedrun with decades of optimization
>>
hmm first tranny of the event
>>
>>181433057
Read the rules, faggot.
>>
>>181433078

PROTOMAGICALTRANNY
>>
>>181433057
>explain
The explanation is simple: you're a retard.

Anti-glitch autism is worse than speedrunning autism.
>>
>>181433095
How the fuck do you look at that and think "they were supposed to be a woman" baka
>>
>>181433117
>decades
>people haven't even been speedrunning it for 2 decades yet
SM64 speedrunning history doesn't have shit on Quake or Super Metroid.
>>
File: 1420435031596.png (45KB, 598x734px) Image search: [Google]
1420435031596.png
45KB, 598x734px
>some of the first frames of the marathon contain a tranny
>>
MAN
FUCKING
VOICE
>>
>>181433190

OMG are you for real? I thought the speedrunning community was tolerant, fuck you, you fucking bigot. She's a beautiful woman and I'd like to have sex with her.
>>
>first run of the marathon
>great new game everyone is interested in

why is this a gimmick run? it's not even a hard enough game on normal for it to be impressive.
>>
File: 1377142825583.jpg (47KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
1377142825583.jpg
47KB, 298x279px
>A fucking trap

Im so surprised
>>
he doesn't even compete in the tetris thing does he
>>
what's up with all these females (male) partecipants?
>>
>>181433284
don't worry, we're on the right side of history and we can revel in the knowledge that traps aren't gay
>>
>>181433315

She's not a trap! She's a lady! A beautiful woman!!
>>
File: IMG_2269.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2269.png
1MB, 750x1334px
what the fuck is this
>>
>GDQ lasts at least 5 min
>trap
Is there sgdq bingo?
>>
>Tune in
>There's already a tranny on camera
>They're not even running anything yet

fuck me
>>
>>181433434
THIS
>>
>>181433302
The difficulty of a game played casually very rarely has any correlation to its difficulty as a speedrun.
>>
>>181433410
at least jeff wasn't fat before jesus christ man
>>
"Contraption" is the euphemism that's yet to be banned in chat
>>
File: 1447735490672.gif (100KB, 374x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447735490672.gif
100KB, 374x400px
I'm just imagining the sweaty, red-faced twitch mods trying to keep up with the rude cisnormative chat.
>>
>>181433315
Traps are usually convincing. This is just nasty.
>>
>>181433494
uh no, it usually does. most games aren't broken enough that the base mechanics aren't being used.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 270x187px
>>181433095
Is it a trap or just an ugly woman?
>>
>>181433410

A gorgeous female human.
>>
>>181433587
>uh no, it usually does.
no, it very rarely does.

the hardest games to speedrun at a high level are literally SM64 and Super Metroid, which are not difficult as casual games by any metric whatsoever.
>>
>>181433095
25% trans intro
off to go a good start. Looking forward for 50% trans stream at Agdq 2k18
>>
WHY DOES SHE WEAR THE WIG?
>>
Wednesday is the best day just because all the runs are shorter on average.
>>
Protomagicalgirl was a moderately attractive albeit flamboyant guy on his first GDQ appearance, can you not become a woman without gaining tons of weight or losing it?
>>
>>181433607
Trap
>>
>>181433148
>>181433284
>>181433405
>>181433624
>de hippie spacing
>>
>>181433681
iks dee
>>
>>181433587
hey look the stream monster force is already here to tell us how much they don't know about speedrunning.
>>
>>181433315
>>181433374
>>181433320
>>181433410
>>181433434
>>181433467
>>181433561
>>181433537
>>181433607
>>181433624
>>181433645
>>181433654
>>181433668
>>181433681

Truly, Righting SJW idPol is the worst

By far it is the least creative
>>
>>181433561
they made a bot specifically to get rid of bigots
>>
"it's about memes xD" Yes, your mental illness is the greatest meme of this generation
>>
>>181433735
>de double hippie spacing
>>
>181433735
Thanks for the (You)
>>
goblin
>>
>>181433730
>hey look the stream monster force is already here to tell us how much they don't know about speedrunning.

I want to learn more about speedrunning, do I need to become a transwoman?
>>
File: 1435552842766.gif (112KB, 344x510px) Image search: [Google]
1435552842766.gif
112KB, 344x510px
>>181433735
don't get too mad, it'll increase your testosterone and fuck up your transition
>>
does this tranny even speedrun or are they a literal who that's only here for some cheap SJW brownie points
>>
>>181433839

No, you can openly defend them in order to be promoted and boosted.
>>
>no TAS
>traps
>no aweful games done quick
>traps
Fucking games done quick 2017 in nutshell
>>
>>181433856
I'm a white, cis, het, psychonormal, able, male
>>
>>181433643
>lists two extremely broken and optimized games

are you stupid? i specifically said that most speedruns aren't like that. something like Shovel Knight or Vanquish isn't being played in a way completely unforseen by the developer.

guess where NieR Automata falls?
>>
>>181433886
she speedruns, but basically only easy meme gameboy games.
>>
>>181433735
Cosmo pls
>>
>>181433902
>no quake
>no classic doom
>>
File: 1484021098676.webm (1016KB, 416x370px) Image search: [Google]
1484021098676.webm
1016KB, 416x370px
>>181433829
>>
>>181433901
>de hippie spacing
>>
File: klaige.png (474KB, 435x525px) Image search: [Google]
klaige.png
474KB, 435x525px
>when they sit you next to jeff instead of feasel
>>
>>181433909
who cares
>>
>>181433943
What's broken about them? Almost the entire run for both games (in any worthwhile category) utilizes the base movement mechanics of the game and nothing else.
>>
File: 67c.jpg (14KB, 630x289px) Image search: [Google]
67c.jpg
14KB, 630x289px
>>
>get into speedrunning
>turn trans
great hobby
>>
>>181433954
>she........
>>
>>181433984
thank (You)
>>
I hope he doesnt spoil anything in nier, I just got to ending A and started playing as 9S
>>
>>181433943
Optimization is what makes speedrunning hard. Every game becomes difficult to improve when it is optimized.

Learning and completing a run isn't hard to do for any game.
>>
File: boring_hands.png (173KB, 277x286px) Image search: [Google]
boring_hands.png
173KB, 277x286px
Ayyyy, the cringefest already begun
>>
>>181434109

You're next
>>
>>181433730
i'm beginning to wonder if the issue is you morons don't know what "any correlation" actually means

because for a game's difficulty as speed game to have literally no correlation with its difficulty normally, that would mean that it's being played in a way entirely different and that basically no normal gameplay mechanics are a factor. it's pretty obvious most games aren't like this, yet it's an argument for some reason. please use your damn heads
>>
File: 21essaaqw.png (882KB, 863x483px) Image search: [Google]
21essaaqw.png
882KB, 863x483px
lords
>>
tfw jhobz gets to sperg out on stream just cause he knows spike
>>
>>181434209
>tfw you'll never be that alpha
>>
>>181434201
What game do you speedrun?
>>
>>181434189
>de hippie spacing
>>
>>181434280
>das
>>
BOTW was last minute because the guy submitted last minute when everyone else promised not to.
>>
>>181434201
>that would mean that it's being played in a way entirely different and that basically no normal gameplay mechanics are a factor.
>de all or nothing fallacy
Doing things fast is harder than doing them not fast. The same mechanics performed slowly can become wildly more difficult when performed quickly. This is very simple to deduce.
>>
goblins hair...
>>
>tfw thirdworlder and have to watch on 160p

really wish they'd stream to youtube as well but I guess twitch does a lot of shilling for gdq
>>
Is that a man or a woman?
>>
WEW LE G R I N G E E XD
>>
Stupid american niggers, could you do not to show your SWJ fetish at every fucking event you cuckolds
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-02+at+12.50.29).jpg (18KB, 189x223px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-02+at+12.50.29).jpg
18KB, 189x223px
Do trannies dress like eight year old girls because they've been women for a short amount of time or latent subconscious pedophilia?
>>
>>181434554
A woman with a dick
>>
>>181434280
And hippies are the most homophobic and racist group of people alive today
>>
>>181434583
FUCKING LUL
>>
rks owns
>>
>>181434583
because of mental illnesses
>>
>>181434583
It's because they all want to be anime girls so they dress like anime girls.
>>
>>181434583
they always choose shitty hair colours lmfao
>>
I hope spike catches many spiders this year
>>
this is so fr*cking epic
>>
Does anyone have that gif of spikevegeta vomiting and catching the vomit in his mouth
>>
>>181434559

You can type cringe here, we're not twitch.
>>
>>181434164
>Optimization is what makes speedrunning hard.

which is a large part of what i'm talking about? some games are more optimized than others. some games are much more broken (as in, there's more speed tech to learn and consistently execute) than others

>>181434018
>What's broken about them?

seriously? the base movement mechanics are being used in a reductive way, but how they're being used was largely unforseen by the devs. a ton of bugs and exploits are being utilized
>>
Thank you for giving us money, we're gonna help so many people but not the ones whose political ideologies we don't like
>>
Who gets shuttle bused this time?
>>
>>181434357
And his best time is almost 3 minutes behind the top runner.
>>
USA anon, do you really mind about SWJ at events and at your streets?
>>
Decent Games Done Moderately Fast
>>
>>181434954
Is there a good reason for me to not like Doctors Without Borders? Do they help the FSA or something?
>>
>>181434916
>the base movement mechanics are being used in a reductive way, but how they're being used was largely unforseen by the devs. a ton of bugs and exploits are being utilized
But anyone can learn to do that shit. Any retard can spend a few hours learning how to do the sequence breaks in SM64. The part that makes it hard is being able to do it fast. That's how speedrunning works.

Learning games is easy. Optimizing games is hard. There are plenty of broken games that are easy to optimize and plenty of rock solid games that are hard to optimize. Every speedrunner is aware of this.
>>
Aren't they supposed to save the shitty puns for the end of the marathon when everyone stops caring
>>
>giving vulajin a mic
fun to have the first run be a muted run
>>
>>181435087
It disturbs most people, but you either just stay quiet about it or sperg out about it and make a scene. Most people just choose to stay quiet.
>>
>tranny is reading donations
ree
GIVE ME MY THICC EDOBEAN
>>
>>181434916
What game do you speedrun?
>>
File: Edobean.jpg (73KB, 792x563px) Image search: [Google]
Edobean.jpg
73KB, 792x563px
wait I thought Nier was the first game

>>181435348
>EDOBEAN
>>
>>181435402
ooohh that was nier? Thought it was some flight game
>>
ALREADY WITH THE SPONSOR """"DONATIONS""""
LMAO
>>
I feel physical discomfort whenever the donation announcer's shrill voice scrapes my eardrums.
>>
>please clap
>>
your entire wardrobe is shirts from the yeti? wtf
>>
the obsessed freak here ama
>>
>>181435590
>>181435617
Trannies
>>
>>181435590
Who is that guy announcing anyways :O
>>
is the donation reader a tranny?
>>
File: 1412582673754.jpg (25KB, 314x320px) Image search: [Google]
1412582673754.jpg
25KB, 314x320px
> We have a 100 dollar donation.
>>
I already have cancer from watching this.
Thanks a lot
>>
I miss the old GDQ
>>
>>181224945
who is this hotty?
>>
>>181435853
>guy

you got one thing right
>>
>>181435893
Of course this is Games done quick we are talking about.
>>
first game and we already 100% trannies reee not a good start
>>
These name negajokes that suck the funny out of the room whenever one is told isn't fun.
>>
>>181434916
>>181433587
You know that brokenness can actually make games more easy to speedrun, right? Including (and especially) games that are considered difficult casually.
>>
File: 1497341303752.jpg (37KB, 600x537px) Image search: [Google]
1497341303752.jpg
37KB, 600x537px
Off to a real great start
>>
>>181436194
When do we get to the asses?
>>
looks like an alright speed game and next is best halo. dunno what people are complaining about.
>>
>>181435932
Literally nothing in this game is different from usual runs.
>>
srg is so dead, just remember srg during gdq 2013
>>
File: d4b.png (425KB, 680x693px) Image search: [Google]
d4b.png
425KB, 680x693px
>>181246474
you mean the new one? ive seen all the OG crash speedrunners of all games playing it recently and trying to route it

e.g ssbm, whitepaaws ,my follow page is fucking full of it the 1-3 guys are playing it , the post naughty dog players are playing it it, the meme game bash players are playing it. Should get a good running scene
>>
>>181436423
Halo 2 isn't the next game though
>>
it's a solid game and half is a good guy but I don't think this should have been the opener
>>
>>181436706
if he wasnt disabled this would have not been on first

only on first because he's disabled
>>
>>181436534
it's still better than the /v/ threads.
>>
http://www.speedrun.com/user/Dugongue
who dat guy
>>
>>181436785
exploitation
>>
>>181436706
>isn't a literal sperg
can't really ask for anything better from gdq. it's a solid opener in my opinion.
>>
File: chad daddy.gif (2MB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
chad daddy.gif
2MB, 320x193px
>watching gdq
>>
File: dug.webm (379KB, 508x312px) Image search: [Google]
dug.webm
379KB, 508x312px
>>181436848
>>
>>181436848
>>181437023
same fag
>>
What a shame.
>>
File: bing.png (81KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
bing.png
81KB, 600x800px
how's this
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-02+at+12.27.49).png (4KB, 382x102px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-02+at+12.27.49).png
4KB, 382x102px
>>181437124
I've been exposed...
>>
>>181437232
>plushie autism
weren't they banned?
>>
>>181437224
No wonder the speedrunner community is so full of autism.
>>
>>181437303
halfcoordinated has been allowed to do it in the past, this is nothing new
>>
>>181437232
Trannies right from the get go.
>>
>>181437232
what's the point of the bingo if we all have the same board?
>>
>>181437224
wrong thread croni
>>
>>181437405
Plushies aren't banned, they just have to be approved by the runner.

Next time try pulling up your big boy pants and learning this on your own before spouting mouth diarrhea.
>>
>>181437303
Gotta hide his gnarled gimp hand from the viewers
>>
>>181437303
>>181437405
so they only banned the cute 2hu fumos, they just hate the trihex/dss/werster/bertin crew
>>
>>181437619
no bully half
>>
>>181437685
>>181437303
see: >>181437596
>>
is there no awful games block
>>
File: dad.png (580KB, 1256x1532px) Image search: [Google]
dad.png
580KB, 1256x1532px
>>181437232
Chibi's going, so these are confirmed.
>>
>>181437303
Yeah they pretty much banned all unapproved cosplay and plushies.

Now they are few and far between. Think it was that terrible fire emblem run that killed a lot of it.
>>
If you go OOB it isn't a speedrun
>>
>>181437763
When's Chibi's couch moment this year
>>
>>181437763
>chibi's going
Suddenly this gdq is sounding better.
>>
File: 1497202997253.jpg (1MB, 1070x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1497202997253.jpg
1MB, 1070x1152px
>>181437685
Trannies hate cute girls.
>>
>>181437265
Don't need to be a Sherlock to know that you come here to advertise your channel.
>>
>>181437846
Yes it is, unless the category bans OOB.
>>
>>181437763

Centers confirmed too, unsurprisingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8FBDsfON-c
>>
>>181437750
>is there no awful games block

the sonic block on day 2
>>
No one going to mention that her skirt just disappeared?
>>
>>181438162
The runner will be escorted out back and beaten for breaking the rules at the end of the run.

the audience watches in fear.
>>
this is a p.good run with interesting tricks

it's not even a gimmick run despite the one hand thing
>>
>pascal
>mum
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>181437934
Obvious bait
>>
>>181438162
It's been mentioned a million times in chat, anon.
>>
>>181438162
Apparently, Nier is marxism-friendly, so it's okay.
>>
>>181438162
Not important, let's talk about the tranny again.
>>
Why do they hug protomagicalgirl's nuts so much?
>>
i hate trannies
>>
>>181437763
shouldnt he not even be allowed there considering he has multiple confirmed times of straight up cheating in runs
>>
>>181438273
Who was the guy that got banned last time for not wearing a trump hat then got apologised too then rebanned?
>>
>>181438436
Attention whores have a habit of forcing themeselves everywhere
>>
>>181438436
They will be deported to labour camps if they don't.
>>
>>181438468
All lies it was just a prank he just likes that jump.
>>
>>181438436
Did you see the trouble that guy got into last AGDQ just for saying the word Cosmo.
>>
File: .jpg (43KB, 911x684px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
43KB, 911x684px
>>181438436
merely a coincidence
>>
got b worded on /v/ for talking about the tranny. are the mods apart of the tranny cartel?
>>
Friendly reminder to stay away from soy if you don't want to end up like cosmo
>>
why is the camera setup so shit, why does it get worse every year
>>
anonymousxdontation
>>
>>181438887
it's been that way for years sorry
>>
>>181438939
Honestly I think this might just be because of the hand-cam. Might still get better next run.
>>
>>181439073
didnt that one tranny mod get btfo by the gook?
>>
File: firefox_2017-07-02_13-52-07.png (115KB, 304x244px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-07-02_13-52-07.png
115KB, 304x244px
>>
>>181438887
NeoGAF leadership took over in 2014
>>
>>181439182
Hiro? He's selling the personal information of lurkers and posters so I'm not sure he really cares.
>>
should have added "girl who did drama class 101 needs to prove she can sing high for no reason" it happens every year

and this time it was a guy in the first fucking run already
>>
File: DDvsuj8U0AA7LyM.jpg (45KB, 400x542px) Image search: [Google]
DDvsuj8U0AA7LyM.jpg
45KB, 400x542px
>>
>>181438887
the /v/ thread i just came from is shit talking the tranny left and right
>>
>dude
based runner
>>
>>181438328
Marx is the name of one of the enemies though.
>>
*16 mins of donation reading* Noooooooo!
>>
why doesn't this guy just use both his hands lmao
>>
new

>>181440280
>>181440280
>>
>>181440208
it's not speedrunning if he uses both hands
>>
>>181440208
>thinking its viable to beat a 2 handed world record at a gdq
>>
>>181440208
one of his hands is fucked, he runs games one handed
>>
>>181421317
marathonfags die
>>
>>181415028
word
>>
H A L O
AY
L....P
O.........E
Thread posts: 823
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.