[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 773
Thread images: 96

File: 20170426030143_1.jpg (726KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170426030143_1.jpg
726KB, 1600x1024px
This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

>Stellaris
- FAQ : https://pastebin.com/abGgZJnT (suggestions/feedback welcome, reply to OP with them)
- The Development of Stellaris http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 https://pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki http://www.stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki http://endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Endless Space 2 soon.

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - http://www.multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>Last thread: >>175677895
>>
>>175806418
>no spider
Shit OP/10
>>
Took the liberty of removing "- D.I.C.E. Summit 2016 - Civilization 25th Anniversary Panel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h65FXaJHbhE" from the OP because it's a pain to let it in.
>>
Fuck, my post got cut off.
>>175806421
Mean to continue to say that fighting them and my old rivals who joined in on the fun was the only time in Stellaris that I fought a long term war.
Where production was what ultimately mattered.
Not one doomfleet vs another doomfleet deciding the entire war unless you're so far ahead you can just shit another two hundred battleships out of your ass in parallel production.
>>
>>175806421
Yeah, your first game is always special in your own imperfection. Trying your hardest, even unconsciously cheesing the game just to survive while you make mistakes left and right - that's a really special feeling.
>>
5th for suddenly being the bad guy even though I did LITERALLY nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1478634334981.jpg (46KB, 375x592px) Image search: [Google]
1478634334981.jpg
46KB, 375x592px
>>175806418
>OP is RTS for some reason

>At least it's a good RTS

>floating mass
>floating mass with T3 production everywhere
>floating mass with T2 extractors
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
File: ___spider vs monkey.jpg (1017KB, 1500x946px) Image search: [Google]
___spider vs monkey.jpg
1017KB, 1500x946px
>>175806557
My bad, have your daily spider.
>>
>>175806887

>being a backseat gamer
>ruining gaming communiites by demanding perfection instead just lol'ing at the noob and seeing how they grow

You are the cancer wrong with video games, especially strategy games. kys.
>>
>>175806668
Oh, you needed to be next door to your friendly empire if you want them to Feddie up with you? I didn't know that...

Then again, there was this really militarist expansionist Hive Mind in between us (which is one of the reasons we got along so well), so there was really no free space to make a bridge between us without warring it.
>>
>>175806772
Was more how the end game challenge shaped up to be fought, more than just the specifics of the first game. The only issues of it being played at launch were lacking research, ship designs and actually using sectors. None of which really shaped the game. If I was properly efficient not much would have changed.

First games are memorable but not always that good. Not even always the most memorable in general. For example, I'd played most factions in Endless Legend before I played the Broken Lords.

Then I played the Broken Lords.
>>
Let's say in a hypothetical 4x game you have the ability to really up the culture/luxury of a single system in your empire, or maybe a few to a limited degree. A sort of high happiness/culture playstyle.

What should be the benefit of doing this? Should it make some sort of hyper productive population, or some kind of special bonus, or just help qualify for a victory condition?
>>
File: 1488395794141.jpg (330KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488395794141.jpg
330KB, 1280x720px
>>175806418
> Walls
> Transports
> Cybran T2 PD
> air pad
> T3 shipyard
> Generators on forward positions
> No Mass storage
> Floating mass
> No radar
> No engis
> Unclaimed shipwrecks
> Stealth towers
>>
>>175807449
>minmaxing when the game is already won
>>
>>175807118
I'm not taking his fun away from him, merely lacking comprehension of how fun can be had that way.
The 4xgen should be able to empathize more than most, the screenshot captures the late game of civ games where you're committed to ending the game but you're just fucking mashing the end turn button because there is nothing else to do. It feels like work at that point.

I'm not saying he should be capitalizing on his naval dominance(as he has t3 naval factories up uncontested it obviously isn't an issue), or pushing with cybran's cheap t4 or telesniping or something like I automatically assume the game should only be played as multiplayer ladder is.

It's just that floating resources in such a situation without showing us anything is just so bland and uninteresting.
They could be spamming meme units, they could get a good screencap of the nuke they just fired, or how good their tower defense is.
But it's just a screencap of the game being played poorly in a specific way that I just can't see anyone enjoying.
>>
>>175807736
Not everyone remembers to take screenshots in the middle of action. If you have some, feel free to post them.
>>
>>175807254
Ah, I;ve known that feel for too long now. That's why I've put off starting Stellaris until just a month ago. I know how games are nowadays - shit at the start, but """"promising"""". Well promising doesn't cut it anymore, and I want a full game experience on my first playthrough. And boy was I pleased. Fully modded stellaris 1.5 as my first game. Very nice indeed. There are still some major bugs this long after launch, as you can expect from a Paradox game, but the mod community is actually impressively active in that they even make fixes or workarounds that no problem seems to be insurmountable.

I highly recommend my approach to everyone, so you can save yourselves the ~1 year of heartache of having a game with great -potential- squandered because it was released too early, as well as maximize your initial enjoyment (and total) of the game as a whole.
>>
>>175807425
Concentrated decadence would stimulate most economies surrounding it.

Distant Worlds' resource system I can see being the best example.
Your dozens of mining colonies and hundreds of mining stations are a lot more valuable when one planetary metropolis is buying -THAT- MUCH STUFF.

Unfortunately happiness and population and hard currency are all attached together as the most bland, empty and abusable part of the game in actual Distant Worlds.
>>
File: 1439701260570.jpg (35KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
1439701260570.jpg
35KB, 417x515px
>be relaxing in my empire just researching and chill
>suddenly fanatical purifiers declare war on me
>defend myself and protect my galaxy by wiping them out
>somehow I'M the bad guy
>>
>>175807620
If you consider that group participation trophy to be a """""victory""""" then don't ever talk about about losing.
>>
>>175808000
That's fine, but if you do forget I don't see why you would try and fill the void with poor screenshots instead.
>>
>>175808257
>"if you don't play MY way, you're shit"
Lol okay.
>>
>>175808242
It's how you wipe them out.
If you have "good" ethics, you should've shot them full of cuck enclave holes.
>>
> tell Anon to git gud by pointing all the things he's doing wrong
> Suddenly I'M the bad guy
>>
File: 1479903957215.jpg (118KB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479903957215.jpg
118KB, 1422x800px
>>175808242
>expecting a game made by swedes to be good
I can think some fanatical purifiers on earth that people wont even consider removing, even while their own cities burn
>>
>a guy whines about a boring screenshot
>tell him to post a better one
>"omg i can't believe you just said that!!!"
>somehow I'M the bad guy
>>
>>175808484
The thing is they do consider it.
But they consider the fire too small.

All the meme immigration is never going to be a history defining problem.
It isn't the sort of thing that the patriotic brownos actually think it is where they can suddenly appear as 51% of the population.
It'll just get worse and worse until people do eventually decide to deal with it. And little will have been lost before that point is reached.
>>
File: 1491506035290.png (128KB, 794x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1491506035290.png
128KB, 794x1008px
>>175808539
You're dealing with two different people there my dude.
>>
> spitroast Anon for posting RTS in a 4x general
> Sitbg
>>
>>175808971
>didn't even bother reading the OP
It's sad to see how that general went to shit the moment /gsg/'s rejects arrived.
>>
>>175808325
What, you mean something like Rebel Galaxy? Freelancer? The X games?
>>
File: cknoor system.jpg (58KB, 481x322px) Image search: [Google]
cknoor system.jpg
58KB, 481x322px
>They want to rework how borders work so you only start with one system, then build a frontier outpost over a system to claim it. THEN colonize it or whatever
>They want Hyperlanes to be the default FTL then have other types to be research. Wormholes overhauled to sling shotting you across the entire galaxy.

Thoughts?
>>
>>175809201
>Thoughts?
I'm getting a refund.
>>
>>175809201
imo they should stop fiddling the base game mechanics and release these things as mods, so people can use them *if they want to*.

The only things they should release as mandatory updates are bugfixes.
>>
File: 20170426024536_1.jpg (406KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170426024536_1.jpg
406KB, 1600x1024px
Cybrans are classy as fuck, but they're also really shitty. Their Hive building makes them really good at turtling, but Supreme Commander is really good at avoiding turtling.
>>
>>175808941
>shittypaintedit.png
>>
>>175809201
Tedious and miserable.
>>
>>175809353

Developer intended experience >>> shitty player desires.

Players will gladly keep old, bad, outdated mechanics when a clearly superior one exists due to nostalgia or simply stupidity. The developers know the game a lot better then you do and can make a much better experience then you ever could. You should only consider modding after literally thousands of hours of handcrafted content you've experienced, and even that should be just to keep things fresh.
>>
>>175809353
Or steal the game options menu they're using in half their current games.
>>
>>175809953
So this is what a fundamentally wrong opinion looks like. We should archive it so that future generations can study it and learn from its mistakes.
>>
>>175809953
Im not sure if your joking or not but this is paradox. The same developers that released hoI4 without a functioning AI because they think people play that game multiplayer exclusively. EU4 has continued to recive updates that are focused towards a better multiplayer experience I dont trust those swedes.
>>
>>175809201
Kind of dumb desu.
Frontier outposts are for grabbing space resources. Planets are for pops and ports. Each has their place and don't need to be homogenized.
>>
>>175809201
Latter is an improvement as long as you can still work with just one without penalty.
Hyperlane is the most generic, but jump drives are kinda the direct successor to warp drives and wormhole makes sense for similar late game crisis evoking shenanigans.
The change wouldn't affect the game much.

Most of the time I discussed borders and their impact in Stellaris was before launch. It would be different, if better I'm not sure. But a big change that isn't really necessary.

But yeah as somebody else said, they have a lot more to fix before changing anything else.

Though again changing the drives like that would be low effort which is fine.

>>175809643
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>>175809416
You've got it entirely backwards.
I'm basing this mostly off FAF balance but that is still built on the base game without altering anything like the different buildings available.
Cybran is an aggressive faction. UEF is the turtle faction.
UEF have a T3 point defense. Cybran T2 point defense is the worst in the game.

The hive isn't really for turtling, but for booming. The two are related but quite different.
You'll build hives in team games where you're protected by others. If it's a 1v1 or something, even if you play defensive, other eco options have more priority. And your best defense is building units.

Playing defensively does actually have the advantage in supcom.

You can't hide in a corner and turtle that way, because the enemy will dominate you with that much more map control.
But if you have an only reasonably smaller control of the map than your opponent, and they push on you, you can easily have the advantage.

Reclaim is incredibly important.
If you attack the enemy and your attack fails, you just gave the enemy a fuckton of a free mass.
They can then boom with it and win with the extra luxury harass/assassin units they can afford while their defense line still holds.
>>
File: 1492473841984.png (37KB, 206x188px) Image search: [Google]
1492473841984.png
37KB, 206x188px
>>175810178
what do you mean frind
denying forced integration would be intolerant
>>
>>175809201

>people complain that the game becomes tedious at the end
>make early game slower to compensate
>>
>>175810636
>Now nobody will see how tedious the end game is because they will never finish the early game!
>Sven you are genius!
>>
>>175810636
Really roasting my almonds M83.
>>
>>175809201
default going to hyperlanes isn't too bad, as long as you can turn off the fucking hyperlane grid. that's seriously the only reason I won't use it

requiring a frontier outpost is ridiculous, though
>>
How is the new MoO?
>>
Does anyone else play with the AI Combat computers mod?

L-Missile/Kinetic arty destroyers are extremely OP with max thrusters, afterburners and the 100-distance hit and run computer.
>>
>>175811681
I do just because it lets me actually use battleships as walls instead of ineffective artillery.
>>
>>175811909
I use it to keep my carriers out of trouble, so I can equip them with nothing but enough power to keep the lights on, keeping the costs down by avoiding any weapons/shields/armor.
>>
File: shrike.png (12KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
shrike.png
12KB, 180x180px
>>175806418
>thinking I wouldn't notice the spider
pssh... too easy...
>>
>>175812069
>And now, to celebrate our fifth sphere of expansion and our complete dominion over yet another sapient species, to the esteemed admirals of our imperial fleet, I present to you, our latest carrier design!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uxk70BjH68
>>
>>175812502
lol
>>
>>175812069
I ran a three-class fleet with mostly flak battleships, plasma 60-range cruisers and L kinetic destroyers.

It's amazing how few losses you suffer when the enemy's trying to bring down battleships first instead of last.
>>
>>175812656
Does flak actually shoot missiles? I've tried running flak before but I noticed that missiles kept blasting through my screens anyway.

I've only really seen proper Point Defense and Fighters shoot down missiles. Never flak.
>>
>>175813756
I don't tend to see explosive damage in combat reports, even when I'm fighting enemies with missiles, so I assume it's working.
>>
>Cybrex precursor
>Complete the quest 2230
>Ruined ringworld right next to my capitol
Holy shit this is fuckin great only slightly dampened by the fact next patch I could had repaired this oh well still breedy gud.
>>
File: 1490410932419.png (517KB, 1014x786px) Image search: [Google]
1490410932419.png
517KB, 1014x786px
Should future 4x games feature memetic victory conditions?
>>
>>175816072
That's already Civ's culture victory.
>>
File: k.jpg (325KB, 2056x1024px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
325KB, 2056x1024px
I just lost the game , or won it not sure

Started invading an enemy planet and sending fleets somewhere when the
"THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT SAYS HOW YOU WON" thing popped up

all planets , pops are missing and there are no buildings in the planets I used to live in and my empire is no longer in the contact list or as a Enemy of neighbor empires

anyone had this happen before ?
>>
>>175816396
Yeah It's a pretty common bug, no idea what triggers it.
>>
FUN FACT:
Everything in this game is completely deterministic.
Try saving the game right before a space battle for example, then let it happen and don't issue any commands.
Reload the game, don't touch anything again. It will happen exactly the same every time. All the evasion rolls and such are not rolled on the moment, they are completely deterministic.
Just like the real universe if you could save and load.
>>
>>175816396
"Total Victory" war goal completely eliminates an empire. Don't know how to get it normally.
>>
>>175816396
Your empire contracted a severe disease that insta-kills your people and spreads at the speed of light.
>>
>>175816634
>>175816615

The war was far from being over though
i had +14 war score or something like that

well , time to go for food and start another
>>
>>175816631
That's just the rng seed, I bet. Try this instead:

Save the game before a space battle. Note how it ends. Reload/ Let the game run for a short time like a month while you fiddle around with your empire or something. Try again.
>>
>>175816775
>spreads at the speed of light
then it would take years to go between systems you dip
>>
>>175816814
Actually, the disease spread to anon, and then, when he zoomed out to view his entire empire, spread back inside into every one of his worlds at the speed of light all at the same time..
>>
>>175816631
>Just like the real universe
We wish.
>>
>>175816396
It happened to me after I invaded a certain planet. Seems like some bugged planets cause it, because after I reloaded the save before I invaded the planet, and stopped myself from invading it, I didn't get the bug.
>>
>>175817519

are you using mods ? i was using the spider armies from the mod that adds more modifiers to planets

dont know if the planet i was invading had a modifier or not
>>
Someone give me a decent name for a megastructure ascension path finisher.

I'm jury-rigging Master Builder to be a fourth path opener, then adding a finisher that increases speed/reduces cost by ~50% of what Master Builder gives - but also removes the restriction on simultaneous megastructure construction.
>>
>>175817889
Starchitect
>>
>>175817858
It actually happened on a planet that had the modifier from Colonisable Home Systems.
But then a few wars later I invaded some planets with the same modifier without any problems, so not exactly sure. Still deleted the mod, just in case.
>>
>>175809201
You're fucking with me.

These ideas are TERRIBLE.
>>
File: chasing the dream.gif (89KB, 698x479px) Image search: [Google]
chasing the dream.gif
89KB, 698x479px
>tfw can't think of an interesting bio for my fanatic spiritualist crusaders so i just write down "Have you heard the good news?"
>>
Is Distant Worlds very difficult to learn? I want something that is in-between Stellaris and Aurora 4x.

Why the fuck is it so expensive?!?!?!?!
>>
Wiz has posted a page of patch notes on his twitter. What do you guys think of things so far?
>>
>>175818431
Automate everything except taxes.

Set taxes as low as possible.

You have now won Distant Worlds.
>>
>>175818431
You can put everything on auto/ask your permission. So you can learn slowly or you can have some fun and put like everything on auto and just focus on like building and war. The main cons are the logistical part of the game are a near nightmare and main pro is you can have a fleet of star destroyers. Just pirate.
>>
>>175818596
why didn't you link them
>>
>>175819023
Sorry, I thought I did.
>>
>>175819161
>human traits are a 'balance' change
>makes them even shittier than before
It's not like it makes them any more or less realistic than they were before, since we've met zero actual aliens to compare ourselves to.
>>
>>175819504
Just let the swedes indulge in their self-hatred. We can always just create our own human species anyway.
>>
>>175819161
>Can now terraform inhabitable planets
Thank god.
>Warp nerf
Damn
>World shaper ascension unlocks atmosphere manipulation
Is that implying I cant get that tech without that perk? If so terraforming got nerfed a bit.
>Master builder buff
Sweet
>Planetary survey corps nerf
Kind of upsetting but it was crazy overpowered so ok.
Overall ok doesnt seem to address some of the real problems of the games but some nice quality of life changes.
>>
>>175819161

>Make PSC even more mandatory as your third Unity expenditure but less penalizing as the game goes on

That's aight

>Ironman now saves quarterly instead of monthly

God bless
>>
>>175819504
Adaptive makes sense at least since humans have shown to flourish in preety much any conditions only the artic really eludes us. The main problem is there is no real reason for humans in game to not be able to settle preety much every planet in the game that anyone else could. I mean we can colonize continent ones but not savanna planets? We fuckin came from terrain like that. Still your right we have nothing to compare to for all we know all other alien life is way way way better at adapting to any conditions then us and for all we know humans are fuckin strongmen of the galaxy and should be considered strong Earth is actually on the highest point gravity can be and have complex life develop we are pretty sure.
>>
>>175819161
>warp nerfed
but why?
>humans nerfed
Why even bother?
>>
I started a game with 6 Advanced start AI on a huge galaxy with 5 FEs. So far the Unbidden showed up and the weakest NPC empire smashed their portal within the year of spawning. There's still the Abberant to deal with but wow that was underwhelming.
>>
>>175819961
How are humans nerfed?
>>
>>175820445
Adaptive is pretty shitty when you won't hit the happiness limits early and terraforming becomes dirt cheap.

Wasteful makes you have less minerals forever.
>>
>>175820612
Adaptive is even less useful now that you can terraform inhabited planets.
>>
>>175819957
>>175819504
Humans lost Quick Learner because of 2016 and Trump being elected. That's the reason they gave during the stream.
>>
>>175809201

To be honest I actually though you needed to have a border over a world to colonize it first anyway. I think it's a better system but it needs something like Endless space being able to send out probes or maybe Egalitarian empire's can claim a territory then sell it off to other empire's like habitable worlds, or make habitats a more early game tech.

In fact I wonder of there's a mod that let's you build really shitty, like 2-4 size habitats, near to the early gane that could be upgraded later. I actually don't know how size works with habitats now because I never get that far.
>>
>>175819504
>minmaxing your traits on a RP-oriented race
wew
>>
Charisma/Repugnant won't affect happiness anymore, only empire relations?

Lame.
>>
>>175820723
I might actually drop the game if they make colonization any more of a chore.

How would we get enough influence to expand?

It would slow the game to a fucking crawl.
>>
File: what the heck come after 6.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
what the heck come after 6.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
>>175820785
Not like that part of the trait ever mattered anyways.
>>
>>175820708
>Swedes
>>
>>175820860

Maybe outposts that don't expand beyond a single system will be a thing with less influence costs?

Maybe build outpost, colonize, tear down outpost? Maybe more habitable planets? I just hope they put a bit more thought in it before they release it, since a lot of people are unhappy as is.

[spoilers]Mods will fix itď [/spoiler]
>>
>>175820785
It makes sense in that it was worthless or one free point respectively.

But the hilarious part is moving it from a system with some interaction and importance, to another flat modifier in the weakest part of the game.

>>175820860
Obviously if they make it so you need to shit out frontier outposts they would make them less expensive.
>>
>>175821035
>>175821061
I really don't want this change. I like the idea of my empire exerting influence over the galaxy after taking a planet; I hate the idea of having to send a satellite to 'claim' a world.

What if the AI plants satellites all over your territory and prevents you from settling new worlds?
>>
>>175821207
I actually don't like the idea of "hard" borders. I much prefer something like I can do this or that whenever I want, what are you gonna do about it?

And then they war you for colonizing that planet right beside their homeworld.

If they really don't want me colonizing territory they claim, they better back it up with guns.
>>
File: 20170406113303_1.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170406113303_1.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>175819161
If you need to claim territory with an outpost to colonize a planet then how did the Commonwealth of Man colonize a planet back in 2100? Checkmate swedes.
>>
>>175820763
Humans could have Very Strong because our planet is nearly too large to leave with chemical propulsion. They could have Weak because the average alien species is a heavy worlder that achieves spaceflight with more exotic tech.

They could have Quick Learner, Slow Learner, Adaptive, Nonadaptive, Nomadic, Sedentary, whatever the fuck you want and it would still make sense, since what an 'average' alien looks like is up to them.

So this is Paradox actually going back and saying 'you know what, we now think that if you play humans you aren't going to be RPing travellers that learn quickly, you're going to be RPing decadent cockroaches'.

And that's filed under Balance.
>>
>>175821327
>mfw CoM is hard coded not to start with a planet but a frontier outpost only
Your move, anon.
>>
>>175821421
>if you pick militarist humans you instantly lose the game
I wish I couldn't believe this.
>>
>>175816072

victory conditions were a mistake
>>
>>175821770
There should be a meter which measures the player's overall happiness level. The victory condition would be any time in the game that it is completely filled up.
>>
>>175821886
yeah good job asshole let's just make the game unwinnable for me
>>
>>175822126
git gud
>>
>>175810636
Well the two are unrelated and the early game does end too fast.
>>
Why arent carriers considered good? Ive seen mine do worlds of good but people seem to dismiss them.
>>
>>175823487
I never leave home without mine either.
>>
>>175823487
Because theyre not
>>
>>175823487
Carriers wreck ships with no point defenses. All AIs will stack lots of point defenses on all their ships as soon as they have the technology.
>>
File: I suck at creative writing.jpg (57KB, 340x362px) Image search: [Google]
I suck at creative writing.jpg
57KB, 340x362px
Is this description at least tolerable?

Also not sure on the balance, this + Master Builders will stop you going Psionic/Bio/Robot ascensions but sums to +75% speed and -50% cost for megastructures.
>>
>>175824060
Just not having any forced memes inserted in it makes it at least a 7/10.
>>
That wormhole event was really ebin.
>>
>>175823991
Explains why they did so well against the unbidden.
>>
File: 20170504155627_1.jpg (233KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170504155627_1.jpg
233KB, 1280x1024px
Going to play as these fags with the Playable Primitive + Dynamic Borders mods, thoughts?
>>
>>175825043
Tell us how the AI reacts to the dynamic borders. I can't imagine them actually managing that new mechanic well at all.
>>
>>175825043
What does dynamic borders do?
>>
>>175825571
You have to have ships in-order to have a system in your borders, cuts planet border extension by 75%, a mod to fix how borders work and prevent doomstacking
>>
File: Not Surprised.jpg (465KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Not Surprised.jpg
465KB, 1920x1080px
WE
>>
File: 20170504161657_1.jpg (214KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170504161657_1.jpg
214KB, 1280x1024px
>>175825571
Ships control borders more than planets, shared borders are infinitely more common
>>
>>175825669
>prevents doomstacking
Really now
>>
>>175826052
Whats to stop me from putting a single corvette on every sector? And how does the AI handle it? I feel like they wouldnt do it and just be pathetic to the player.
>>
>>175826097
Well, in order to have GROSS borders, you need to spread your army
>>
>>175826124
It becomes a shared sector, lots of border friction, etc. Also, I manages to build mining stations, so I think it's working

Just like in real life, you'd piss off a lot of people if you tried to control the entire galaxy.

Also, I think you need 3 corvettes (or 1 construction/science) ship
>>
>>175826214
I understand were its coming from but I feel like its easily abusable.
>>
>>175826283
It could be interesting in multiplayer but AI is too stupid to abuse
>>
>>175826214
How does it behave if you're just traversing your ships inside an allied nation's territory (like to help them fight off the Unbidden or something)?
>>
Time to fall for the hyperlane only meme

wish me luck lads
>>
>>175826532
Automatic shared borders
>>
>>175826706
Hmm... At first glance it sounds wierd, but when I think about a litlle, that border friction malus you get from generating a shared boeder from your fleet can be a stand in for tension caused by your armada's cutting through someone else's territory... I might have to try it for myself.
>>
>>175826860
>Where do 800 cruisers sit?
>Wherever they want
>>
>>175826137
all that does is force you to have a bigger fleet
>>
File: gaalsien.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gaalsien.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Genius Maniac
sweet.
>>
>>175826965

>not havin a bigga fleet anyway

look at dis grot an laff, lads
>>
>>175819161
>humans are now adaptive, nomadic, and wasteful

Given that humans are a starting race for most people, is dealing with consumer goods really what you want new players to be dealing with?
>>
Wiz was a mistake desu senpai
>>
Hello 4X General. I have a question: Is the Age of Wonders series a 4X or just a turn-based strategy? I mean it probably just belongs here in general but I'm just curious.
>>
>>175827458

>4X General

This is /stelg/ m8
>>
How broken would multiple megastructures per system be?
>>
>>175827617
Broken enough that TALL gameplay would finally be viable.
>>
>>175827617

Not very?

>habitats already can
>ringworlds technically are but are sun based so can't be, if they were planet orbiting instead then it'd be busted but funny as fuck
>same for dyson spheres, sun based so 1 only
>sentry array is pointless to have more than 1 of

That leaves you with the science nexus, which is OK but really no different than building a load of them spread out or in 1 system.
>>
>>175827458
If not exactly fitting the description it is certainly close enough for the distinction to not matter.

>>175827617
Which? Ringworld and Dyson Sphere are mutually exclusive for obvious reasons.

Slapping one of the other megastructures in a system with them wouldn't matter much.
>>
>>175827714
Imagine. The Dyson Ringworld.

A partially constructed Dyson Sphere which has just small enough slits to shine light upon the haitable sections of the ring world. Think of the possibilities.
>>
>>175827709
>>175827714
Technically you could engineer a shittier Dyson Sphere with gaps in the middle that shine sunlight and simulate a night/day cycle as the structures rotate.
>>
>>175828020
Yeah I guess, but as you say that'd really have to be it's own third thing rather than just slapping them together.
>>
>>175827942

You could just stop half way then. Just make a dyson frame and use the leftover materials to build a bootleg ringworld.
>>
>>175828170
We can call it the Huawei Sphere
>>
can you build ring worlds in inhabited systems

like can I fuck up my home world by building a ring world there
>>
>>175828510
Not without mods.
>>
>>175828541
gay

do you know of a mod that allows it?
>>
>>175828596
I don't, but I can tell you how to add it to an existing mod.

I have no idea if the game supports it without crashing though.
>>
>>175809953
This desu, armchair devs playing along at home think thy can solve game issues with their own suggestions are wrong and should know it.
>>
>>175828724
Get back to work, Wiz.
>>
What the fuck happened.
I started playing stelaris and left during 1.4 and then when I just booted it up it is now 1.6 and everything is different. Would not be such a problem if I could find a proper changelog
>>
>>175829019

fuck off you time travelling cunt
>>
>>175829019
Don't worry; what was shall be.
>>
How can we utilize oil to create a faster than light ship to escape the aliens that will eventually enslave us?
>>
File: 20170504173711_1.jpg (221KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170504173711_1.jpg
221KB, 1280x1024px
Insert thinking emoji here
>>
>>175827942
Or you could just live on the fucking sphere.
>>
>playing a hyperlane only game with my friend who's new to the game
>spawn almost inside a fallen empire, but there's one hyperlane open to me
>the problem is, this fallen empire is militant isolationist
>can't fucking expand ANYWHERE without him getting mad, so tell them to fuck off after my 5th frontier outpost is dismantled
>it's at -455 opinion but still hasn't declared war
>but friend gets rekt by harvesters so we restart anyway
I don't mind spawning next to an isolationist FE but goddamn Paradox needs to fix them. They kept going nuts about border extrusion even when I built frontier outposts a fucking long distance away.
>>
I want to make my own 4x game. Where should I start?
>>
How do I get good in Stellaris? I always lag behind AIs.
>>
>>175829961
You either lose a lot of habitable space building it close or make the whole project much more mass-intensive by building an entire sphere out to some insane radius.
>>
So which guardian is the hardest and has the best rewards? I think the enigmatic fortress wins in both.
>>
>>175831276
Energy shields, artificial gravity and other magical spells exist, im sure we could figure out a way around it.
>>
>>175831373
Yeah, but building them separately means you can have your ring with its equatorial gravity at whatever radius you want for size and then your sphere at whatever radius you can shrink it to for energy collection.
>>
So what is the difference between 4x and grand stratergy?
>>
>>175831316
The battle part wasn't too bad for me but I guess going into the shutdown phase blind would cause trouble
>>
>>175831684
The necessary autism.
>>
>>175831684
According to /gsg/? Set in the real world is vaguly historical and generally must be made by paradox but ive seen post stuff like RotK and not get yelled at. 4x is everything sid meiers strat wise. Technically both civ and EU are both 4x and grand strat go figure.
>>
>>175831884
EU4 isn't a 4X, if you don't have random new world, It's a 3X :$)
>>
>>175831884
What about total wars games? does /gsg/ sperg out about them being posted?
>>
>>175832105
A long long time ago 4x gsgs and twg were all one general.
>>175832094
>eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate
You do all 3 of those in Eu4 and dont say cause you IRL know what the world is doesnt mean you dont explore.
>>
>>175832174
>and dont say cause you IRL know what the world is doesnt mean you dont explore.

You don't explore because you know where all the empires are and resources as well
>>
>>175832446
>EU4
>Explore america
>Hey look this province made tobacco this game and that one fish and holy shit that one gold
>Hey look the quzbec tribe is a major regional power this game
>Civ5
>Explore map
>Hey look my area has marble this game and over there is gold
>Hey look France is a major regional power this game.
Really the only major difference is how much you know about your region at the start.
>>
File: BLEEDING RED WHITE AND BLUE.png (4MB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
BLEEDING RED WHITE AND BLUE.png
4MB, 1560x878px
>>175832552
>>Explore america
>Explore map
You heard it here first lads, America is the same as the entire world.
>>
>>175832762
Scuse me sir
>Explore America
>Explore Africa
>Explore Asia
>Explore Oceiana
The fact that I only know about 1/20th of the map at game start instead of 1/40th means totally different things. In fact depending on your start you could know LESS of the map then a civ start. And EU4 still meets all prereques you explore every game you exploit every game you most certainly expand only exterminate isnt guaranteed and youd have to really really go out of your way to not do that.
>>
>>175832552
You want sugar? You go to Caribbeans, and you'll always get sugar, always. There are many regions like that but EU4 makes me feel disgusted and I haven't played EU3 for a long time

>Hey look the quzbec tribe is a major regional power this game

Shit doesn't happen if you don't put lucky nations on random

Fucks like you who turned EU from a grand-strat to a 4X are cancer

What makes a grand strategy is that the game tries to convert historical devices into game mechanics instead of the other way around, fucking mana-tier distractions fucked Paradox up
>>
>>175832895
Actually while it is very likey there is a small chance you get nothing but fish and you havent played many games if you havent seen an indian tribe become strong by chance hell the incans unite about half the games these days. And your missing the point im simply arguing that both games fit into both. Look heres a list of 4x games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_4X_video_games
As you can see ALL EUs are in it
>>
>>175827458
> Is the Age of Wonders series a 4X or just a turn-based strategy?
First AoW definitely isn't, 2 and 3 could be considered 4x
>>
>>175810234
>I'm basing this mostly off FAF balance
Yeah, but FAF changes the T2 tanks and points defenses to make them less sensitive to terrain, so they're a lot better than in FA.

>>175812454
And I thought that using SupCom would get everyone's attention.
>>
>>175832174
Genres are way more than just their acronyms.
If you're just gonna determine what games are 4x based on
>eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate
then every single base building RTS game is a 4x. Also a lot of open world RPGs would also fit in.
>>
>>175833042
Any fuckwit can edit a wikipedia article
>>
>>175833439
I arue that no civ game is 4x since I can know exactly what the map is if I use a specific seed or a premade map or I can choose to start at a date were I know what the map looks like so no exploration. Not really sure what you want at this point your just covering your ears and saying what ever. No im not saying EU4 should be posted here but it is in the spirt of most of what makes 4x 4x. You could argue that a game is only 4x if its got the sid miers name in front of it. And there are games talked about on this general less 4x then EU4.
>>
>>175833665
Because we also accept city-builder and RTS.
>>
>>175833702
I remember when there was a RTS general.
>>
>>175833720
It died, just like cbg or the Banished General. That's why we accepted refugees here, before Civ6 and Stellaris came out.
>>
>>175833439
RTS is more 4X than EU
>>
>>175833439
Maybe even Sacrifice.
>>
>>175833319
Regardless, the factional differences remain constant.
>>
>>175834039
But FAF makes the T2 PD and T2 tank a bit less shitty.
>>
>>175834104
I got you the first time family.
I depart for sleep now.

>>175833471
[citation needed]
>>
>>175833665
>No im not saying EU4 should be posted here but it is in the spirt of most of what makes 4x 4x.
It's not, since it lacks both the exploration and extermination aspects. And don't confuse extermination with general war/conquering in EU4.
>>
How long until Adams?
>>
>>175834216
There is a button to quite literately exterminate native people in a province and you can genocide entire races in EU4. I feel that qualifies for extermination hell alot more then Civ 5. And I feel I already went over exploration adequately but even if you are ultra super stubborn random new world.. Never thought ide see the day ide argue for EU4 but hey one of the big complaints on gsg is EU4 is to 4x so here I am
>>
>>175830576
I'm making one in Unity but it really depends on what languages you know. Unity can be a pain if you don't know js as c# is kind of dodgy.
>>
>>175834373
Gsg is literally retarded is they think that EU4 is 4x.
>>
Is there any meta start for Stellaris?
>>
>>175834408
Kinnda funny you say that since 4x didnt want stellaris thinking it was to "grand strat" while gsg didnt want it for being to "4x". See how lines can blur wow isnt that neat.
>>
>>175834373
native people are irrelevant, population isn't represented after the colony forms and keeping and integrating them only gives you a slight buff to the province, and it's less than one click of mana.
They are otherwise only psuedo-rebel generators.
As for genociding entire races, unless you mean wiping over them with your culture(which certainly isn't genocide), there is no such thing.
>>
>>175834458
Probably, but /gsg/ proved numerous time that they're retarded, therefore they're wrong by default.
>>
>>175834593
>Litterly exterminating a people is less extermination then say civ 5 were you cant exterminate anything
Really fires my neurons.
>>175834623
This place is also retarded hell it was part of gsg for a good while. Hell all of /v/ and 4chan for that matter is retarded and should be disregarded. Could you name a source I can pull up that will sacrifice all needs.
>>
>>175834706
That place was a lot better before Utopia released. Now, it's all about "teehee I'm purging lel aren't i provocative" and "lalala rate my edgy species".
>>
>>175834706
raze city button
>>
>>175834784
Raze colony button.
>>
>>175834373
>There is a button to quite literately exterminate native people in a province and you can genocide entire races in EU4.
That's not what extermination in 4x means.
Extermination means that one of legit or main goals of winning the game is exterminating every opponent and win the game by being the only one left. That is simply is either impossible without cheating in most historical grand strategy games, or require playing specific countries and using exploits or very cheesy strats. But at the end of the day, those games are definitely not designed or balanced around conquering the entire planet (in fact, most of them have various mechanisms that discourage or heavily penalize constant warfare and conquest), while actual 4x games are or should be.
>>
>>175834373
>you can genocide entire races in EU4
There are ayyys in EU4?
>>
>>175834939
No that would be other species.
>>
Jesus, Rimworld pisses me off.
>be a colonist
>be hungry
>decide to go eat something
>there are strawberries and corn
>pick the corn
>start eating it directly instead of sitting at a table
>get mood maluses for eating raw corn and eating without a table
>while he could have picked strawberries and just moved his fat ass to the dining room
YOU RETARD DESERVE TO DIE
>>
I found a sort of work around to broken unbidden. If they just stop and start to sit around sent a corvette to their portal the AI will recall everyone to kill it then go back to eating planets. Now if only I knew why they got stuck in the first place.
>>
>>175834450
I suppose a nebulae with large starting planets with good modifiers. A nearby enclave always helps too.
>>
>>175835401
What's good about nebular?
>>
>>175834779
Purge posting has been there from the start.
It's actually has quietened down.
Besides, only a tiny fraction of it is "huehue aren't I edgy and politically subversive". I imagine you're just needlessly sensitive to the mere mention of it for some fucking reason.
>>
>>175835642
Improved chance for science and strategic resources.
>>
>>175835802
Yeah. Because we went from none at all to fucking everywhere.
Of course I'm sensitive to stupidity.
>>
>>175835902
>Sensitive to stupidity
>4chan
What your saying doesnt quite add up how are you even alive?
>>
>>175835902
If you're going to claim purge posting was rare Pre-Utopia then just admit you've only started posting here after Utopia released.
>>
>>175835993
>your
Okay, ESL.
>>
>>175836036
You forgot to point out I forgot to add the ' to doesnt if your gonna critique someones grammar on an anonymous message board at least put some effort into it for god sake.
>>
>>175836132
Okay, ESL.
>>
>>175836164
Maybe we should purge all the ESLs.
>>
>>175836256
That sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>175836256
Just from 4chan, or more broadly?
>>
File: 7643547736.png (2MB, 1275x695px) Image search: [Google]
7643547736.png
2MB, 1275x695px
>>175835017
>>
>>175836368
There's worse.
I just told a colonist to cut some stones to make bricks. That moron, instead of going to the garbage dump that was filled with chunks, decided to go pick a new chunk that was lying next to that explosive gerbil. He came back dying, only to get punched in the face because he stacked Annoying Voice and Creepy Breathing and died like a bitch.

Gonna savescum the fuck out of it.
>>
Patchnotes, fags
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-71-the-adams-update-part-2.1019086/
>>
File: schönkopf.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
schönkopf.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
So the new dev diary is out, with full patch notes on 1.6. Adams will be out next Thuesday the 9th of may at the one year anniversary of stellaris.

https://forum.paradoxplaza com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-71-the-adams-update-part-2.1019086/
>>
File: ___HUH.jpg (148KB, 596x364px) Image search: [Google]
___HUH.jpg
148KB, 596x364px
Hey check this out :

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-71-the-adams-update-part-2.1019086/
>>
>>175835394
Oh and another thing that unbreaks them. If you notice all of them AFKing with most being in thier portal sector find one of the outliers and destroy that fleet. That also unbreaks them.
>>
>* Extradimensionals now turn planets barren after destroying colonies
Really?
>>
>>175836989
Deal with it nerd. Letting them rampage should fuck things up.
>>
>* Increased warp wind-down time
F-fine! I preferred hypermemes anyway!
>>
New patch is shit, you literally can't refute this.
>>
>>175837427
> Sector AI should no longer build over Alien Pets and Betharian Stone with buildings that can't make use of them
>>
>>175837482
THank fuck
>>
>>175837404
Wormholes still on top!
>>
File: 'no'.png (32KB, 493x363px) Image search: [Google]
'no'.png
32KB, 493x363px
>Nerfed military stations as if they weren't shit already.
>Terraforming made even more common.
>Master Builders doesn't have cost reduction, making it an even more shitty choice.
Welp
>>
>>175838126
They buffed military stations sperglord.
>>
>>175838126
To be fair you still need master builder if you want to build megastructures in a somewhat sane amount of time.
>>
say i want to buy 8 copies of civ 6 because im a good goy
whats the most efficient way of doing that
>>
>>175838198
They also got nerfed you autismo.
>>
>Boosted the damage output, shield hit points and hull points of military stations and frontier outposts substantially
Buff

>Increased the distance at which military stations have to be built from each other
Nerf

>Ships caught in FTL magnets no longer warp in right on top of a station, but rather near it
Buff?
>>
>>175838562
They are going to be instantly destroyed by the Doomstack snared, so the changes are pointless.
>>
File: 1493580412306.jpg (52KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1493580412306.jpg
52KB, 500x364px
>tfw to intelegent to play anything but Pre-FTL/Primitive starts
>>
>Removed influence cost from Fleet Academy spaceport module
Nice
>>
>>175838896
FUCKING GOOD
that shit is a killer having to rebuild shit all the time and building when taking over shit all the time
>>
File: Screenshot.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
>>175806418
So /cbg/ has a ghetto in thread, right? I'm wondering what sort of intersection would fix my problem here. Not very good at traffic management; I do have traffic manager if that matters.
>>
>>175816072
>what is cultural victory
>>
>>175839167
I'd say to build a second bridge, but that would be too expensive.
>>
File: Screenshot 1.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 1.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>175839356
I'm swimming in money and kind of already have a second bridge, though in a different place. The problem is that there are too many cars for the roundabout to handle.
>>
>>175839292
Did you really take nine hours to make the same post as the first reply?
>>
>>175839450
Then encourage mass transport like buses or train.

Probably not subway.
>>
>>175839570
You think I'm not already working on that? I just want a four-road intersection with a higher throughput than a roundabout.
>>
>>175839450
then use more roundabouts. Duh.
>>
>>175839743
I'll round your fucking ass about, you cheeky asshole.
>>
>>175839450
The simple answer is that your intersection is servicing way too much.

It's servicing the bridge.
It's servicing the highway.
It's servicing local traffic that just wants to make a simple turn.

An intersection shouldn't be handling 3 major traffic flows at the same time. Break that shit up.
>>
>>175839962
OK, that sounds like solid advice, I'll try and move the highway entrance somewhere else. Thanks.
>>
How the fuck do I cleanse a planet without then losing it to neutral space that neighbours then come and steal off me? Why can't I remain in control of the planet and fill it with my own race?
>>
File: No help.jpg (500KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No help.jpg
500KB, 1920x1080px
Ya know maybe if the AI helped the unbidden wouldnt had eaten half the galaxy. I actually let them rampage for awile till the reached me. Also why is the AI so bad at fighting the crisis and why does the crisis break every 10 seconds? The damn unbidden kept AFKing for years till I tried to unbreak them only for them to break 2 seconds later.
>>
>>175840904
> Galaxy unifying under a common threat
> Implying they wouldn't bicker for decades over who gets to build the ships, who pays for them, and porking money 9001 different ways because MUH DISTRICT MUH CONSTITUENTS.

This is why overbloated federations like the EU are absolute trash and doomed to catastrophe.
>>
>>175841125
>Aliens invade
>The EU bicker over funding the army to stop them
>Russia and China stay out of it hoping to pounce on whoever leaves a moment of weakness to save the Earth
>USA and its vassal UK stop the alien at insurmountably cost.
Guess that fits my game enough.
>>
>>175836818
* Ironman autosaving is now quarterly instead of monthly
Why?
>>
>>175841430
Because they can't into split thread saving.
>>
* Removed weapons from Mining and Research stations
Fucking why.
It was not enough damage to matter anyway.
>>
>Boosted the damage output, shield hit points and hull points of military stations and frontier outposts substantially
>military stations
that's nice I guess
>frontier outposts
fuck yeah
>>
>>175841676
Probably so that they don't attack ships on their own.
>>
>>175841815
Oh yeah. Keeps them out of combat I guess maybe.
>>
>>175841676
> eeewiuwiu
> Science vessel lost
> eewiuwiu eewiuwieu
> Science vessel science vessel science vessel lost
>>
So yep this is a hugbox of doom. You would think the AI would try to fight each other if they have that much border tension but guess not.
>>
>>175841676
Typical Paradix.

Instead of giving us the OPTION of arming them even more or remove weapons - remove because lol its 2017..
>>
>>175842148
How is arming them more preferable? They will never be able to stand up to a single corvette unless you overpower them to be fortresses of their own. This was probably done to take them out of combat entirely unless specifically targeted by an enemy fleet.
>>
>>175842908
Because arming them enough would at least force AI to commit some forces to destroy them ?

Or maybe some of us want to have the OPTION of arming them and not arbitraily be denied the option ?
>>
>>175843025
Im ok with the option because to many times I had my transports wander near one and get stuck in combat with something that cant even penetrate the shields. I see were you are coming from but if it really bugs you enough toss down some forts near them.
>>
>>175843025
Mining station defenses literally don't matter after the first handful of corvettes are built.

On the other hand mining stations are the eternal MVP with more racked up scientist kills than any other force in the galaxy.

Removing a huge annoyance is well worth the non price.
>>
>>175843151
Arming and shielding transports should also be an option.
Like in Aurora.
>>
So I guess I'm turning the end-game crises off, then? They've fucking made them twice as difficult to defeat.
>>
>can't design mining stations
>can't put level 5 shields and shield caps on them
>>
>>175843209
But you can shield transports. It's also free.
>>
>>175843185
>thx paradox for removing another thing from your games and not giving me an option to decide for myself

Paradicks target at its finest.

>>175843285
But you cant arm them, you cant make an assault dropship carrier that is at least capable of defeating some corvettes deep inside enemy lines during a raid etc.
>>
>>175843375
I get were you are coming from but please think about what you are saying. You want transports to be weak corvettes so what they get 1 weapon? At best this would hold off like a single corvette and even then you would want to retreat cause the troops are way more valuable then any form of combat ship or you make transports as good as corvettes in which case why build corvettes. Just leave them unarmed youd be mad to send them anywere undefended and if they did see combat the best choice would be run and even with weapons they wouldnt get through the shield. The only very minor practacle use would be using them to snipe some mining stations while waiting for bombardment to finish but why not use corvettes.
>>
>>175843375
Anon. Removing bad choices from the game is what a good dev does. Lay off the salt.

> How do I kill corvettes
Protip: Try bringing corvettes.
>>
>>175843578
>You want transports to be weak corvettes so what they get 1 weapon?

No, i want fully designable ships without retarded slot limitations.

>>175843590
Good goy... i mean anon.
Everything Paradicks remove from their games is bad and its a good move.
Now pay full price for a game that has less and less features every update.
>>
>>175843761
If you want fully designable ships why not play galciv III or II?
>>
>>175842148
They did it so your fleets don't engage every mining station whilst you're trying to rush them across enemy space.

And so that enemy mining stations don't engage your troop ships/logistic vessels following your fleet and delay them until you send some military vessels to free them.
>>
>>175843761
In what reality ever in history have transport ships had any real weaponry? At best you could argue they should get a point defense thing. Like think about the audacity.
>Hey bro lets make our transports more heavly armed then BBs
>Why put troops on? I mean all we would do is increase cost
The only real other option is to trash transports completely and go with the more realistic choice of just making capitols carry around troops. I to would like to custom make ships but really nigga? Super armed transports? At best an expensive pointless novilty.
>>
>Corporate Dominion no longer requires Egalitarian.

FINALLY!

>Nothing about a faster robot/droid/synth construction time, or about assimilating other species into your synth empire.

FUCK YOU.
>>
>>175843960
>Nothing about a faster robot/droid/synth construction time
And I remember them saying on one of the streams that synth ascension will reduce build time in 1.6
>>
>>175843906
>They did it so your fleets don't engage every mining station whilst you're trying to rush them across enemy space.

Again typical Paradix cutting corners - instead of giving players control during combat and some ability to designate targets - they remove weapons so i wont auto engage anything... fucking brilliant.

>>175843895
>GalCiv III

Nigguh plz, i have Aurora 4x - GC III can kiss my ass.

>>175843936
When in history have we had military spacecrafts ?

>The only real other option is to trash transports completely and go with the more realistic choice of just making capitols carry around troops. I to would like to custom make ships but really nigga? Super armed transports? At best an expensive pointless novilty.>>

Or you know simple warship with additional option of transporting and dropping troops.
Or simple transport/minig outpost who wont fall to anything with a gun because mighty god aka Paradicks said you cant give weapons to you instalations.
In a world of Pirates, hostile empires and space creatures..
Brilliant.
>>
>>175819942
>Ironman now saves quarterly instead of monthly

wew now I have to endure less save lag spikes late game
>>
File: oberstein.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
oberstein.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Stream is starting. A mod highlight stream.

https://www.twitch tv/paradoxinteractive
>>
Do you guys think Unity generation is too high currently?
It's only 2277 and I've already unlocked 21 points.
I wanted to unlock ringworlds but I don't have the mega-engineering tech yet.
So now I'm just sitting on my free perk waiting for that tech.
Likewise I'm also still missing Droids and Gene tailoring, and I don't have enough perk slots left to get both megastructures -and- cyborg/psy ascension.
>>
>>175844149
Maybe that's covered under the changes they made to pop growth in general?

> * Replaced Growth Time modifier effect with Growth Speed and rebalanced related values.

We can hope, anyway.

> * You can now build stations in systems where you share borders with another empire.

Cool.

> * Rulers now gain experience and level up from ruling. Heirs gain experience at a reduced rate under Imperial authority.

Very cool.

> * Robots that are under construction no longer cost maintenance.

Definitely needed that one.

> * The cost of species modification projects is now based on the difference between the traits at the start and end of modification, rather than on the sum of the trait cost.

FUCK.
>>
>>175844251
Im not even sure if your trolling at this point but ill give it one last try. Why would you make heavily armed transports OUTSIDE OF NOVILITY? Same with mining stations. Have you ever made a fort in stellaris? Like really think for 2 seconds they suck even a top tier fortress will melt and at best you can have like 5 and they are good for a stall of like 2 months in a miracle situation. I get what you want more freedom and thats nice and all but the freedom you are asking for is novelty at best there are a million problems with the game that needs to be fixed more then a patch note saying
>Hey ya you can now but X tier weapons on transports.
And thats not even dealing with how the AI would handle custom shit like that. But please illumante to me what your fleet of transports which have a fleet strength of 1k will do against even a single cruiser? Whats that you are gonna make the transports stronger? Well then why front that cost on the transports when it would be better spent on better military craft. Either you are trolling or have never played stellaris.
>>
>>175844501
Oh, and Philosopher King is working, now.

> * Fixed Philsopher King civic not applying to your starting ruler.

Nice typo there, Paradox.
>>
>>175843960
>>Corporate Dominion no longer requires Egalitarian.

SLAVING GUILDS, MINING GUILDS, CORPORATE DOMINION HERE I COME!
>>
>>175843761
There are so many reasons your idea is wrong and you are wrong. Don't go into game design any time soon... kid... try listing them all before you get schooled.
>>
>$20 for a dlc
when will the swedish jews put it on sale
>>
File: 01pierogi_gora.jpg (109KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
01pierogi_gora.jpg
109KB, 700x465px
>>175844574
>Why would you make heavily armed transports OUTSIDE OF NOVILITY?

So i wont have to babysit them and dodge every nickel corvette/fighter/FAC ?

Oh sorry, i forgot that im talking to a retarded Paradicks fanboy who will clap anytime he is getting assrammed and denied features that were present in previous patches.

>Aurora 4x lets you arm everything you want/need
>Distant Worlds let you arm everything you want/need
>Stellaris prevents you from arming things that are prime targets in war/every pirate raid ever
>hurr durr its a good thing i cant arm my valueable instalations now !!!

Fucking retards everywhere..
>>
>>175841995
cannot even see the border between humans and blorg, fucking paradox, add more colors
>>
>>175845231
Ok paradox added guns to transports. Oh no its the AI death fleet come to shit fuck your transports what do you do? You can right click a fleet on your transports to follow them around and for the final time I know you want more freedom but its novelty there are more important things to fix then a feature no one will use not even you. But please go on call me more names thats winning your argument.
>>
>>175845369
>Oh no its the AI death fleet come to shit fuck your transports what do you do?

Are you illiterate or just retarded ?
What part of " I want to arm ( or at least have to option to decide to arm or not ) my transports/mining bases/research station/etc so they wont fall easy victim to every 30yo Corvette that comes near them" is unclear to you ?
>>
>>175845517
Has this ever happened to you ever? Honest. The AI always takes the same route into your system same with the occasional reinforcement the AI does not send hit and run squads after your mining depots. Your ideas are novel but pointless so long as every game comes down to both people making giant deathfleet no 150 strength mining depot is gonna do anything to that.
>>
>>175845517
The only unclear part of your shitty argument is where you git gud
>>
>>175845369
not that guy but your argument is retarded, the IA can perfectly calculate and intercept your transports even if you rmb them to follow a fleet, they need to add special slots for ground troops and other things on ships and remove transports alltogether.
>>
> * Added country_robot_build_speed_mult modifier.

Does this mean robots/droids/synths will build more quickly?
>>
>>175845908
Im honestly shocked people have problems with this I thought the guy was fucking with me. If you keep your transport in neutral space the AI ignores it if you can do that keep it a little behind your deathball if it looks the AI is gonna attack it then the transports are bait. Never knew people had problems with this.
>>
>>175845945
Yeah, looks like they just forgot to put it in the patchnotes.
>>
>>175845945
Apparently Wiz said in the stream that the various Synth ascension points will increase construction time, but without the ability to assimilate conquered pops into your synth empire, Bio is still better.
>>
>>175845945
Might just be mod support, they do that sometimes.
>>
So how do you beat Unbidden and Swarm now that they're 2x stronger?
>>
Does charismatic from multiple species stack?
>>
>>175846186
Maybe someone will finally take Defender of the Galaxy.
>>
>>175846186
You pray that they don't spawn in your territory, then you rush them and pray that FEs won't awaken and rekt your shit before you can stop the crisis.
>>
File: 1487270159719.jpg (60KB, 350x510px) Image search: [Google]
1487270159719.jpg
60KB, 350x510px
>>175846186
By letting them grind up against the AI and

ahahahahahahaha sorry I couldn't.
>>
>>175845657
Many times.
>>
File: 90b.jpg (17KB, 346x450px) Image search: [Google]
90b.jpg
17KB, 346x450px
>happiness buildings replaced with more shitty unity

# Buildings
* Symbol of Unity building and related technology have been removed from the game
* Artist Monument no longer affects happiness or unity as a modifier, but instead has its unity ouput increased from 3 to 10
* Champion of the People trait effect on happiness reduced from +10% to +5%
* Inward Perfection civic effect on citizen happiness removed
* Peace Festivals edict effect on happiness replaced with +30% food
* Paradise Dome building effect on happiness reduced from +10% to +5%
* Dragon Monument building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
* Dragon Shrine building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
* Stellarite Trophy building effect on happiness replaced with 15 unity output
* Cultural Center habitat building effect on happiness reduced from +10% to +5%
* Cultural Center habitat building unity output increased from 3 to 4
* Loop Institute building effect on happiness reduced from +10% to +5%
* Loop Institute building society output increased from 4 to 8
* Omega Alignment building physics output increased from 8 to 10
* Clinics now produce society research instead of food
>>
File: 1411065057437.jpg (8KB, 205x161px) Image search: [Google]
1411065057437.jpg
8KB, 205x161px
>>175846960
Blame min max faggots for that.
>>
>>175846960
You don't want your people to be too happy, do you?
>>
>>175846960
It's too easy to stack without utopian welfare, only egalitarian societies can have true happiness.
>>
>>175846960
>* Clinics now produce society research instead of food
Do we really need more society research buildings?
>>
>>175847256
Of course, it's the most useful tech tree, isn't it!
>>
>>175847238
Swedish cucks strike again.
>>
>>175847256
Don't you want that sweet Transgenic Crops XIX?
>>
>>175846960
To be fair its already pretty easy to get max or near max happiness. Of course without mods you already complete all traditions by about 2400ish.
>>
>>175847238
>
>>
>>175847238
Do you still have to be a xenocuck if you want to be egalitarian? Iirc they promised to fix it.
>>
>>175847346
They need to make something with fucking unity after completing the traditions because now the leviathan buildings are fucking useless.
>>
>>175847448
They should also fix how authoritarian and xeonphile interact.
Of course I have fucking xeno slaves, I also have slaves of my main species but you aren't crying about those are you, you swedish bitch.
>>
>>175847467
Ya its a little redundant honestly it means youll reach ultra late game eariler which means the game will be over sooner. I wonder what paradoxes end game is with all of this. Just a quick rant I really want something to do after the crisis. As it stands assuming it doesnt break theres nothing to do after the crisis except slog through and conquer everyone thats left the endgame needs a serious overhall.
>>
File: 1493679645890.png (137KB, 661x570px) Image search: [Google]
1493679645890.png
137KB, 661x570px
>>175846960
>>175847346
>>175847467
>People complain about traditions being easy to fill and Unity being useless after that.
>Increase the need for Unity.
>Then remplace all the happiness with more Unity bonus so it literally doesn't change shit.
For some reason I suspect Paradox games don't go beyond 2300
>>
>>175847645
Of course they don't. And they only play multiplayer with each other as well.
>>
>>175834458
The defining feature of 4X isn't just the 4X, it's symmetry.
4X can't be assymmetrical, players have to have level playing starts. They can play by wildly different rules like in Endless Legend, but they can't start with ten more cities.
If everyone in EU4 started with one province it still wouldn't be a 4X because Europe exists
>>
>>175847645
As the other guy said paradox had a wikedly distorted vision on their games at this point due to multiplayer I seriously doubt they ever play past the crisis and thats if they even make it to it. Honestly would be so hard to have some sort of repeating tradition like with the techs?
>>175847738
M8 I made that post 5 hours ago to show that EU4 is 4x in the loosest terms and to start something in a very dead thread let it rest you missed your chance.
>>
>>175806887
>>175807736
>>175808302
If you had actually looked at OP you would have noticed that south just got rekt by a strategic nuke. Red probably had most of his mass going in that until he launched it
>>
File: 1429838094705.gif (236KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429838094705.gif
236KB, 500x500px
So, I just got Utopia (haven't been able to play for a month or so because of reasons). On a scale of 1 to Paradox, how crushed will my hopes be when I dive in?
>>
>>175847862
>and thats if they even make it to it.
Considering the whole "Unbidden spawn 99% of the time", I honestly believe either play with Crysis off, or their games don't reach that stage.
>>
>>175847942
Pretty close to paradox.
>>
>>175847967
Unbidden spawn 99% and break 90% of those times I think the reason unbidden are always the spawn is because they need jump drive which is researched in the very early 2300s but the swarm wont spawn till the late 2300s so it never gets a chance.. Really its disgusting and I have never had the AI not break ever. Actually you know what your right they probably play with crisis off since it would "unbalance the game" I mean gee wiz what if it spawned right into johans empire no fun.
>>
When's 1.6 coming out?
>>
>>175848327
Next Thuesday the 9th when it has been one year since the release of stellaris.
>>
>>175848138
I'm more concerned about AEs, desu. Materialists awakening in early 2300s with a 500k stack and dow'ing half the galaxy while the unbidden are already raping the galaxy seem to be a bigger problem.
>>
File: M2_C_SpacePirate_ad.jpg (1MB, 3000x3030px) Image search: [Google]
M2_C_SpacePirate_ad.jpg
1MB, 3000x3030px
Does Stellaris let me play as a space pirate?
>>
>>175848430
Will saves be compatible with 1.5.1?
>>
>>175848534
They say it will but you're just gonna have to wait and see for yourself.
>>
>>175848437
Ya the AEs are also very strong and you can tell that orrignally they were supposed to awaken in the early 2400s as a last challenge. Still if any of the crisis can manage to NOT FUCKIN BREAK LIKE EVERY GAME IVE EVER HAD EXCEPT ONE they can become a threat almost unbeatable ive actually seen AEs fail against the unbidden only once but the fleets were to many 1.5mil unbidden does that to the stubborn AI who wants to tackle that head on.
>>
>>175848138
>I think the reason unbidden are always the spawn is because they need jump drive which is researched in the very early 2300s but the swarm wont spawn till the late 2300s so it never gets a chance. Really its disgusting and I have never had the AI not break ever.
Well, yeah, that's pretty much a big part of the problem. Jumpdrive is amazing so everybody wants to use it, which spawns the Unbidden, if the Unbidden spawn, then the Scourge can't spawn. And the alternative is the AI revolt that never happens because why the fuck would you refuse to give them rights?
>>
>>175848809
Its funny even with all crisis mod when the AI spawn its like 2380 and they are super weak.
>>
>>175848669
>ive actually seen AEs fail against the unbidden only
Idk, I had 3 games in 1.5 last to 2400s and in all 3 games all F/Aes close enough to the unbidden got btfo. In one game they haven't even tried fucking defending themselves, I saw them sitting with a fucking 250k stack on their last planet.
>>
>>175848954
Paradox just gave up on AI its very very annoying. No one fuckin plays multipleyer in thier games but them even in the 2 games of EU4 I did multiplayer the AI had a massive hand in what happened. Does paradox really expect everyone who plays their games to have 16 dedicated players to play all the majors? Im still waiting for the day for another game dev to muscle in on paradox as it stands Matrix is to expensive and still has weird UI. And dont even get me started on AGEOD.
>>
>Properly completing the Enigmatic Fortress event chain now yields a random Enigmatic technology rather than all of them
are you fucking me
>>
File: 1493853107605.gif (83KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
1493853107605.gif
83KB, 395x281px
>>175849353

Fake and gay, r-right?
>>
Been told hiveminds cannot into happiness mechanics.

So why is symbol of unity a start research option? Just for the 2 unity?
>>
>>175849502
Nope its real.
>>
File: 1000ydstare.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1000ydstare.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>175849353
>it gives you the shitty defense outpost debuff that doesn't even work
looks like psionics just got more mandatory
>>
>>175849630
Nothing is real.
>>
>>175849526
Symbol of Unity is geting deleted from the game in a week.
>>
>>175819693
>If so terraforming got nerfed a bit.
>Not a whole fucking lot
It means you can't do any real terraforming without wasting an ascension slot on the otherwise worthless World Shaper.
>>
What's all this Traditions bullshit? I'm new to Utopia (same anon who asked how shitty it is) and I'm pretty confused by the stuff Paradox added, raped and removed. Also what Traditions are best for militaristic empires?
>>
>>175851693
>World shaper
>Worthless
Clearly you dont visit reddit and paradox forums world shaper is a must have first pick. What the fuck is wrong with these people you save like 2k energy and minerals tops that is not worth the limited ascension perks.
>>
>>175851693
>take cost reduction away from Master Builders
>make habs more attractive by gutting colonisation for everyone except multiculti empires
>then nerf the strengths of habs
Are they just fucking with people?
>>
Aurora question.

Is it worth building some local defense ship for your colonies, or just better to have a main fleet and zip them to where they are need.

I was thinking of dedicating some shipyard space as I start expanding to some cheap beam weapon ships with long service life and have them sit in key systems to be first defenders and so on.

Stupid idea?
>>
File: Double-Tayne.gif (632KB, 722x340px) Image search: [Google]
Double-Tayne.gif
632KB, 722x340px
I can't wait until they make Hyperlane the default FTL.
It's gonna be great.
>>
>>175851842
You're thinking Mastery of Nature. World Shaper is just a buff to terraforming time.

>>175851854
No, that's why Paradox shouldn't be in charge of balance.

>>175851874
They're fucking around in the dark.
>>
>>175851968
They'll just get swatted, I'm afraid the only way to play is have a huge doomstack and only ever have more than one fleet if you're fighting multiple inferior/pathetic enemies and can outmatch their doomstack with one of yours.
>>
So we can comfirm Paradox only plays the first 100 years in their multiplayer games, right? That should explain why all the quest and shit come early but everything mid/late game is absolute shit and they throw balance around to see what sticks.
>>
File: worlds to be made.jpg (471KB, 1648x707px) Image search: [Google]
worlds to be made.jpg
471KB, 1648x707px
Currently turning these worlds into Gaia Worlds, which should I make into my capital?
>>
>>175852026
Wrong general, sorry.
>>
>>175852216
Right one, the adjecency effect of your capital building is most useful there. Specifically in the center, where it positively affects each resource without suppressing any.
>>
>>175852216
Are you running specialised planets and habs?

If yes, food and minerals are the only things planets should be generating, so right makes the best use of the T5 buildings.
>>
>>175849353
So it's worthless.
>>
>>175851693
>Nobody at all likes your bad acension perk
>You can remove it, or buff it
>You instead arbitrarily lock vital technology behind it so everyone has to take it mid-game and nobody is happy about it.
>>
>>175852878
Fuck that, I'm just going to add more meme bonuses to my megastructure ascension path and ignore planets entirely.
>>
>>175852878
They arent locking it behind the perk though
>>
>>175852786
Unless you get the power source or the decoder, yeah
So it's useless 2/5 of the time
>>
>>175853372
whoops I meant 3/5
>>
>>175852878
>>175853136
From what I got from the perk, technology isn't locked, it just gains insta-progress and remains a permanent option until researched, just like you get a Jump Drive tech for defeating Dimensional Horror.
Of course, I might be wrong, but then paradicks are just plain retarded.
>>
>>175853136
They are. The patch notes say you hve to take it to unlock the technology.
>>
>>175853595
You arent wrong.
It's not locked behind the perk.
>>
>>175853657
No it doesnt.
Source: the goddamn dev diary thread holy shit can people not read and still type?
>>
>>175853832
>>175853852
I don't want to read 11 pages of 'respectfully agree'. You're going to have to point me to where the devs said otherwise.
>>
>>175853895
" When it is taken, you will immediately unlock the Atmospheric Manipulation technology (if that technology is not already researched) and will be more likely to have other, more advanced terraforming technologies be available for research."
>>
>>175852216
left for research
middle for energy
right for minerals
choose whatever you need
>>
File: 1484413591727.jpg (438KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484413591727.jpg
438KB, 1600x900px
I wish there was a first person view from flag ship like in Homeworld.
>>
>>175853895
Anon it's on the first page and you can just Ctrl+f search for world shaper.
>>
>>175854293
>17/906
shameful
>>
>>175854293
Shit ain't to scale though so it would look wonky.
>>
>>175854632
>using sectors in 1.5
>>
File: 1447305789623.jpg (89KB, 374x479px) Image search: [Google]
1447305789623.jpg
89KB, 374x479px
>warp being nerfed while wormholes are left alone
Literally why
>>
>>175854773
Heyyy look at this tool that helps me not have to micromanage so much
Wow I'm really gimping myself if I don't use it
Time to not use it
What the fuck I'm gimping myself?????
I'D BETTER CHEAT
>>
What's the best unbidden-shredding fleet composition?
>>
>>175854932
It's not cheat. It's an edict from a mod.
>>
>>175854986
prasma
>>
>>175854986
Torpedo corvettes.
>>
>>175855134
Plasma+arc? I can smash an unbidden fleet of equal fleet strength while losing 40-50% of mine. I'm using my standard comp of 30/20/15/10 corvettes/destroyer/cruiser/battleship.
I want to be able to take down unbidden with a greater fleet strength to mine
>>
>>175855527
yes I use torpedo boats with tiny plasma shooters
3/10 of my battleships are dedicated bomber carriers, 3/10 are long range kinetic/lance, and 5/10 are arc/kinetic. All cruisers are fighter carriers.
>>
>>175855737
Destroy you battleships. Go all corvettes.
>>
>>175855737
kek, I meant 2/10 are outfitted with kinetic/lance
>>175855781
vet spam hasn't been viable for a long time now
>>
>>175855737
3/10 + 3/10 +5/10 = 11/10
I.. what?
>>
>>175856091

>not putting in 110% in everything you do

baka
>>
>>175856091
Git gud
>>
Is regenerative hull tissue worth it? 2% monthly regeneration doesn't seem that good.
>>
>>175856610
No, it's shit.
>>
>>175856610
When you fight a war in the other side of the galaxy, you'd wish you have it.
>>
>>175856782
>fighting wars on the other side of the galaxy
I'm a bit jealous tbhfam.
>t. wormhole empire
>>
>devouring swarms get whopping 0.5% monthly
We organic ships now!
>>
>>175856782
Just get Living Metal.
>>
>>175838305
G2play com
>>
how do i get asap a ring world after I just started?
>>
File: Screenshot 3.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 3.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Where do I expand to next?
>>
>>175857638
Find Sanctuary/Cheese materialists somehow. In 1.6 there'll ruined megastructures all over the galaxy and having a megastructure in your borders gives you 10x chance for the mega-engineering tech, so it may be better.
>>
>>175857638
You can't, unless you use a mod to repair them and find a ruined ringworld somewhere.
>>
>>175857641
North and East.

You want to get as far from Forest Fire Forest as you possibly can.
>>
>>175857641
Top or left, I'd say.
>>
>>175857641
Left side, top square.
Lots of flat ground and a river.
>>
>>175857641
I'd say west. Follow the river.
>>
>>175845231
t. game designer
>>
File: Screenshot (433).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (433).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
this is ridiculous
>>
File: Screenshot 4.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 4.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>175857941
>>175857980
>>175858047
>>175858073
Three people suggested a westward expansion, so that's what I did. Now what the fuck do I do with it, I wonder?
>>
>>175858380
Depends. What do you need most right now?
>>
>>175858368
Thats what you get for being a scary douche, anon
>>
>>175858547
According to the metrics I have, what I need is... Less traffic and more university-educated people.
>>
>>175858368
>And somehow I'M the bad guy

Yeah, you are.
>>
>>175858789
Then make a new district by the river and pump it full of schools 'n' shieet.
>>
>>175858368
Should've taken xenophile/egalitarian :^)
>>
>>175858368
>be a genocidal douche
>butthurt about whole galaxy uniting against him

wew lad
>>
>>175858939
This. I'm so glad Xenophile is getting buffed and Xenophobe is getting nerfed.
>>
>>175859134
What? Post proofs please.
>>
>>175859234
Read the patch notes. Xenophile races are getting a happiness boost just from having another alien species in a nearby system, while Xenophobes get a happiness penalty for the same.
>>
>>175859295
You lie to me, I just checked the changelog and didn't find anything.
>>
>>175859384
Why don't you get your eyes checked as well.
>>
>>175859295
>>175859384
Is misinformation a sport in this general?
>>
> Guardians of Zanaam are now a bit more difficult to defeat
Who?
>>
File: C-_sIoaWAAAIBPS.jpg (389KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C-_sIoaWAAAIBPS.jpg
389KB, 2048x1536px
Would you want to sing with Wiz?
>>
>>175854932
Sector AI is shit, and you're not the one playing HIS modded game. Are you gay? That's rhetorical, by the way. I already know you're a fag.
>>
File: Trustedjew.jpg (64KB, 359x398px) Image search: [Google]
Trustedjew.jpg
64KB, 359x398px
>>175859761
Fuck no.
>>
File: tree of life.png (453KB, 664x591px) Image search: [Google]
tree of life.png
453KB, 664x591px
oh fug, I should take the +20 lifespan instead of 5% happiness right? I have meritocracy and my citizens are talented, so all my leaders start at level 3.
>>
>>175859384
He pulled it out of his ass.
Might be rehearsing for his amateur-theatre play called: "The Pretending Retard"
It's about his mental health and social anxiety, set to vaporwave and k-pop
>>
File: hlscientist.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hlscientist.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
>>175859817
>Sector AI is shit
People keep parroting this over and over. I don't know what they mean.
I think they get scared when they see sectors let their food income go over +1. These people don't understand pop growth.
>>
>>175860017
>tfw the elixir of life happiness bonus still applies even if all your pops are immortal robutts
>>
>>175860017
Nah go for happiness. Unrest can be a bitch + leaders are easily replaced
>>
>>175859731
Apparently it's some event related to a preset 25 gaia planet called Zanaam, although I've never seen one.
>>
File: Stell35.jpg (149KB, 1447x910px) Image search: [Google]
Stell35.jpg
149KB, 1447x910px
Holy shit liberating and subjugating is fun. Half of the galaxy is either my tributary, the Balkan or both.
>>
So which Ascension Path is best?
>>
>>175860246
And then they all rebel at the worst moment possible and get free because of the ticking warscore.
>>
>>175860460
Psionic > Biological > Synthetic
>>
>>175860460
Biological. Nerve stapling niggers and turning your kind immortal is fun.
>>
>>175860246
What's a Balkan?
>>
>>175860460
Psionic for RP, synths for plain bonuses, Bio if you really want to micromanage the fuck out of pops for a bit better production.
>>
Friendly advice, don't try to create the league of non-aligned systems if you don't have the "form federation" tradition.
Nice game paradox.
>>
>>175860589
It's like a banana republic but with more freedom.
>>
File: 1491190355713.jpg (232KB, 495x547px) Image search: [Google]
1491190355713.jpg
232KB, 495x547px
>being decadent is now considered an atrocity, whether or not you have slaves
>>
>>175860893
What's a banana republic?
>>
>>175860748
> No alliance with anyone
> Tries to make super alliance
Git gud brah.
>>
File: fugg.jpg (75KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
75KB, 600x441px
>6 Jp's in Sol
>4 are dead ends
>one JP leads to system with Spoilers
>one leading anywhere else is a fucking nebula

Fuck this game, she clearly hates me.
>>
File: Balkan_topo_en.jpg (638KB, 840x767px) Image search: [Google]
Balkan_topo_en.jpg
638KB, 840x767px
>>175860589
I dunno.
>>
>>175861010
If so, does "Stop atrocities" wargoal make you kill yourself?
>>
>>175860589
Exploded country with lots of tiny territories that hate eachother. You know, like what nato did with yugoslavia.
>>
>>175861169
No, it's bugged. They just keep declaring war over atrocities.
>>
> have slaves
> Bad guy
>>
File: Stares in Australian.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Stares in Australian.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
>>175861010
*stares in australian*

>>175861160
Ha, it's basically a bunch of small, independent towns.

>>175861193
I know almost nothing about that part of Europe. I know the "remove kebab" guy is from there, but that's all.
>>
>>175861396
>don't want to manage 10 kinds of unproductive xenoniggers
>can't even fucking abandon planets
>have to purge and can't use diplomacy ever again
>>
>>175861552
The region is a mess, and at least part of that mess can be laid squarely at the feet of the Turks.
>>
What's a good space 4x game for in depth diplomacy, preferably a good varied AI between races.
>>
>>175861704
That explains why they all hate each others but hate muslims more.
>>
>>175861780
Stell-

Oh wait you said good. Nevermind.
>>
>>175861780
>What's a good space 4x game
stella-
>for in depth diplomacy
uuh
>good varied AI
I have bad news, friend.
>>
>>175861780
>>175862140
>>175862208
Endless space will be released the 19th. I haven't really been folling the news how is that game looking?
>>
>>175862368
Bad. It's really nothing more than an HD remake.
>>
>>175862368
Last time I played it it was really unbalanced and buggy.
>>
>>175861794
Some of them are Muslims thanks to a few hundred years of Turkish suzerainty.

Others are split between catholicism and orthodoxy.

In simple terms, the Balkans are what you get when you take a multicultural, all migration allowed empire and liberate every planet as its own xenophobic kingdom.
>>
>>175861780
Galactic civilizations deux.
Everyone is OP.
>>
>>175862368
It's nice for an afternoon with your normie friends.
>>
>>175862414
But it was going to have quests like in endless legend right?
So it will be more or less the same as endless space 1, shame.
>>
>>175862685
If you think Endless Space 2 has 'quests', then so does fuckiing Civilization.
>>
>>175862585
It worked fine under Tito.
>>
>>175862613
I have no friends.
>>175862867
I was asking because I don't know.
>>
>>175862585
You get video game land.

No, seriously, that sounds like Daggerfall. Or the Far West.
>>
>>175862927
It did.

Unfortunately, that system needed a Tito to hold it together, and they ran out of Titos.
>>
>>175863005
>beware the middle-western ottomans
>known for their camel rodeos and for herding goats on the great plains of arkansas
>>
What happens if I nerve staple every pop, will all factions disappear?
>>
>>175862602
I have hundreds of hours on GalCiv2.

I just want something new, and not a horrifying mess to get started with, like Aurora.
>>
File: 20170504193313_1.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170504193313_1.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
uh what now guys

i seem to be on good terms with my neighbors but they are all too powerful to fight.
>>
>>175863749
Then play Distant Worlds.
>>
File: city.jpg (272KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
272KB, 1024x576px
>>175858380
>>175857641
Make it not so ugly
>>
>>175858618
>>175859009
it was literally 2 stone age pops
it's only the ones with cuck ethics who have more than a -10 opinion from it
>>
>>175863912
You got thoroughly sandwiched, famlam.
>>
>>175863912
Build more corvettes.
>>
>>175864098
I like these screenshots. I see factories, storehouse, money being made.
It makes my capitalistic inner self squeal in delight.
>>
File: 20160504132558_1_0.jpg (52KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
20160504132558_1_0.jpg
52KB, 594x334px
Please respond, how do you set up your galaxy?
>>
>>175864602
Usually big, empty and mostly uninhabitable.

Something about that setup just feels right to me.
>>
>>175864098
newfag here, what game is this?
>>
>>175864602
Big and mostly empty except for a few independent planets.

>>175864813
I bet on Cities : Skylines.
>>
>>175864602
>that many empires
Hope you love defensive pact notifications out the arse.
>>
>>175864602
40 empires including mine, plus up to 9 fallen empires. I live on the edge, nigga.
>>
>>175864602
Usually spiral, stuffed to the brim, 0.5 habitable planets.
>>
>>175864439
It's not in asia, your capitalism is weak.
>>
>>175865176
I thought max FE is 4
>>
>>175865474
That's a mod, I'm honestly not sure which mod it is though, I have like 40 or so.
>>
>>175865381
Asia are mostly sweat shop : low pay, low rentability.

High tech industry is the way to go!
Food is fine too, you'll always need food. Plus you can sell all your food stockpile and pass as a philanthropist.
>>
>>175864602
not in thumbnail size
>>
File: ....png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
....png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>first time getting into the endgame of stellaris
>first time changing the race into immortal robots
>first time beating an old empire who bullied me

>first time seeing the arrival of the unbidden
>they spawn directly next to another old empire and the only other race which is on my level
>not even 10 years later the unbidden are gone

Well that was both a really nice game, and a "fast" game. i just started working on the dysen sphere (got a ring for free) and wanted to see the unbidden rolling through the other half of the galaxy...what a disappointment.
Now i dont know if i want to continue playing, just building megastructures.

also a shame that many mechanics are gone after the robot ascension. Leader age, food, habitability. Social science was just worthless after that.
>>
File: cities.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
cities.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>175864813
Cities: Skylines
>>
>>175865869
What galaxy size?
>>
>>175866237
I'm seeing 4-600 stars there, ballpark figures.
>>
>>175866237
Didnt change much at the start. So should be 600 stars, 9 other races and 2 fallen.
>>
Hold up a second, I think I'm retarded.

Hivemind empires in Stellaris aren't affected by happiness, that means that habitability doesn't really matter for them, right? You can just settle on whatever planet?
>>
>>175866697
So long as it's at least 40% habitable.
>>
>>175866697
On 40% hab it'll take you forever to grow any pops.
>>
>>175861091
What type of spoilers?

>Turned off Swarm as I find them a PITA more then fun anymore.
>>
>>175866697

As long as you meet the 40% to send the colony ship , yes

keep in mind that having low hab is a bigger negative towards growth time than having slow breeders , a big planet will take ages to fill up as ops take longer than 50 months to grow up
>>
>>175866697
You still need base 40%. You can't settle anything lower than that regardless of happiness issues or not. If you start with Extremely Adaptable trait (20% base + 20% from trait) then yes, you can spam colonies on every single planet you find.
>>
>>175866847
I suspect P's.

5k km/s speed, massive laser damage.
Cant really tell anymore as my exploration ships dont have any sensors, even smallest thermal ones.

I have all three turned on but i dont see the usual indicators of I's and S.
>>
File: 1443147358759.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443147358759.png
168KB, 400x400px
>You can't build more than one Megastructure at a time because there simply aren't enough warm bodies to go around
>mfw you can literally copy+paste new warm bodies as Synthetic, or just flash-grow clones by the trillion with Biological

Why doesn't Paradox let us just build more than one Ring Section at a time?
>>
>>175867056

>Synthetic can only build one at a time like it were normal pops
>Biological gets no innate bonuses to growth unless you trait for it

It's a gameplay decision I guess. A dumb one.
>>
>>175867025
>pick extremely adaptative
>every planet has 35% habitability due to bad weather or something
>>
>>175867208
>Biological gets no innate bonuses to growth unless you trait for it

But anon, that's what Cloning Vats are for!

Cloning Vats that only produce armies.
>>
>>175867034
Sounds like P's

its one of the reason why I wait till I get Ion age to go exploring, and I build a light cruiser with a 100 mkm size nine missile to take out the P ships. In my latest game I put a EM sensor on my main jump-scout and that saved him as soon as the P turned on its actives, he went silent and changed direction, and the P's stopped chasing him.

But S's now are just annoying to me, as I can beat them without issue, but they take years supplies of missiles to do so.
>>
>>175867315

>it's a massive pain in the ass to create a genetic caste system
>we're going to have one IRL before Biologics get it made easier
>>
>>175867423
Im building a TH equipped ships now to take a little peak into their system.
>>
>>175867440
>We're going to
Oh?
>>
File: stellaris_2017-05-04_16-28-50.png (155KB, 495x335px) Image search: [Google]
stellaris_2017-05-04_16-28-50.png
155KB, 495x335px
why must you make me choose
>>
Do you min-max or role play?
>>
File: Autism.jpg (357KB, 1318x884px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
357KB, 1318x884px
>>175867592
Good man.

My current laptop game goal is to get to 1000 systems explored, but most likely late game slowdowns will kill the game.
>>
>>175868014

You always eventually wind up in the same nebulous gruel of optimization with a veneer of roleplay, so who cares?
>>
>>175868014
A combination. Won't let myself be ineffective, but I don't choose the optimal set up either.
>>
>>175867959

It won't be like taking randos and nerve stapling them, though. It will be more cost-effective to just make a disposable slave labor caste. Make 'em ugly as fuck, too, so people won't get attached to them. Also make it so that their pain receptors are so deadened that pain would be transmitting the signal of a lethal amount of damage anyway. Why waste valuable metal and plastic on a worker class when you can provoke biological processes made of a hyper-abundant element, processes which already want to happen?
>>
>>175868084
>Gangis Kahn
>>
>>175868084
I managed to fully terraform Mars by now, Earth is still an irridated mess.

Im yet to design and build a proper warship but Mars is properly defended ( i hope ) by meson/AMM/ASM PDC's so i hope i wont have to restart the game if i provoke P's to move into Sol :P
>>
>>175868332
I know this sounds like "I meant to be retarded" but it a inside joke for myself. I know it is Genghis Khan.
>>
>>175868337
>Earth is still an irridated mess.
Ahh, did you start with a NPR in system?
>>
>>175868513
You have an inside joke... Between yourself.

That is sad and the more autistic than anything in that post.
>>
>>175868637
>>175868337
Or "How did earth get nuked"
>>
>>175863912
Find out which of the three is liked the least by the other two.
Get a non aggression treaty with the other two.
Conquer the one. Build up, then conquer the other two.
>>
Is it worth colonize a second planet in the same star system?
>>
>>175868792
In which game?
>>
File: earth.jpg (406KB, 1242x920px) Image search: [Google]
earth.jpg
406KB, 1242x920px
>>175868637
No.
I started on Mars and made Earth a tomb world after a Third World War.

I pumped so much radiation and dust into Earth atmo that 144 years after the game has started, Earth still looks like pic related.
>>
>>175868883
>Species
>Human
>Population
>0
Geez...
>>
>>175868792
No, unless it's really good or you've already went mega-wide and are colonizing for the victory condition. Better to focus on expanding your borders first.

>>175868842
This thread is pretty much Stellaris general at this point so unless otherwise mentioned, it's probably Stellaris. Hopefully ES2 release lightens up some more varied discussion.
>>
>>175868974
Hey look on the bright side, Mars has been fully terraformed into a gorgeous tropical paradise ( avg temp 34 C ).
>>
File: 20170314134435_1.jpg (2MB, 1223x1500px) Image search: [Google]
20170314134435_1.jpg
2MB, 1223x1500px
>>175869058
>This thread is pretty much Stellaris general at this point
FUCK YOU I LIKE COSSACKS 3
>>
File: 2017_05_04_2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017_05_04_2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
oh yeah jackpot, gonna terraform that fucker soon.
>>
>>175868883
Dear lord man.

RIP earth.

I would at least seed some colonies on the jovians.

Will be fun to see how long it takes for earth to get back to normal...
>>
>>175869157
34 is hell, though.
>>
>>175869058
>Stellaris general at this point
True.

Stellaris - no it not worth it.
Aurora 4x - yes, for pop growth and economics.
>>
File: tumblr_nxh7m6mCen1tpdqt1o1_1280.jpg (107KB, 1277x543px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxh7m6mCen1tpdqt1o1_1280.jpg
107KB, 1277x543px
>>175869315
Bitch please.
>>
>>175869219
Why do I never get nice shit like this.
>>
>>175869295
Well it started with 60k radiation and 50k dust.
After 144 years its halved so i suspect that it will take another 150 years to clear out.

>>175869315
That was sarcasm.
Although it still is a 0 colony cost world.
>>
File: 2017_05_04_3.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017_05_04_3.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>175869448
got another nice one i will terraform kek.
>>
>>175869536
well I am sure it will be fun to resettle earth after 3 centuries.

and on mars at 34C.

0.0 cost world is a 0.0 cost world
>>
>Latent Psionic admiral: +15% evasion
>Full Psionic admiral: +30% evasion, +15% fire rate

>Cyborg admiral: +15% fire rate
>Synth admiral: +5% fire rate
>>
>>175870169

Don't post this shit
you are making me not want to continue this fan materialist play

but yeah synth admiral needs a buff
>>
>>175870108>>175869315
>>175869295
>>175868974
>>175868637
>>175868742
>>175868084

Well both planets have shitload of minerals so it wount be a problem.

Im currently playing hide and seek with two P's vessels - their thermal is 2016 which is kind worrying..

And of course its in a fucking nebula so missile wont work here :/
Time to build a gauss equipped fighters and mow the fucker down.
>>
>>175870545
> All faction choices should have identical bonuses
Why not give synths more fleet cap.
>>
>>175870169
Chosen One isn't just a normal psionic leader. As for synth admirals, wiz got asked about that shit on the stream and didn't understand the question, so they're completely unaware.
>>
File: cat and mouse.jpg (294KB, 1379x829px) Image search: [Google]
cat and mouse.jpg
294KB, 1379x829px
>>175870641
Kingdom for fucking weapons...
>>
>>175870641
>And of course its in a fucking nebula so missile wont work here :/
P's in a Nebula.

Well that eliminates a ton of good tactics vs. them.

Let us know how you solve that tricky issue.
>>
>>175871092
>Let us know how you solve that tricky issue.

Carriers plus gauss/meson equipped fighters are my best bets me thinks.
>>
>>175871058
is that aurora or something?
>>
>>175871409
Yes
>>
>>175871409
Yep, and he in a nebula which requires close combat.

Vs. P's who the basic recommendation is "Stay away from them and wear them down at long range.

>>175871330
I was thinking Mesons, as some of the P's have thick as hell armor.
>>
>>175871614
>>175871558

Ah, I really want to get into Aurora, but I don't have free time. Even installing it seems like a hassle.
>>
I can't war in this fucking game at all I had only 800 ships before I went bankrupt meanwhile even pirates had over 1K and every fucking empire has stronger military as well.
>>
File: qravadox.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qravadox.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
So how can I benefit from this? I'm playing my first game and about 50 years in, and I made a defensive alliance with the yellow dudes to stabilize my borders while I bully the empire to the east of me. Now a forgotten empire declared war on them and dragged me in, although the forgotten empire has no war goals on me. Can I just build a large fleet to try and hit and run to get debris fields to salvage for tech? I don't know how strong they are.
>>
File: 1461072513332.jpg (119KB, 617x932px) Image search: [Google]
1461072513332.jpg
119KB, 617x932px
>my only psionic scientist gets me psionic warriors as a research option literally one month before dying
>>
>>175871614
>I was thinking Mesons, as some of the P's have thick as hell armor.

At first i will run against P's in Macharia i think. Normal system will provide more useful tactical info about their ships.

>>175871863
>Even installing it seems like a hassle.
Nigga what ? its literally unpack and play..
>>
File: Garde_Imperiale_(Civ6).png (59KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Garde_Imperiale_(Civ6).png
59KB, 256x256px
You're at a party and this guy slaps your bitch
What do you do?
>>
>>175872017
>Nigga what ? its literally unpack and play..

I know that, what I meant was I don't have time or energy to even install it.
>>
>>175871938
Something like 70k+ strong. You'll be raped until the retard AI surrenders.
>>
>>175872056
>not slapping her ass
>literally slapping a woman in the middle of a party
there's gonna be a shitstorm, I don't need to do anything
>>
>>175872056
> Deploy spearmen.
>>
>>175872223
>implying everyone doesn't know my bitch likes being treated like meat
>>
>>175872118
Ya I got screwed. within like 3 days about 3 fleets totaling 90k appeared at my capital and fucked me silly.
>>
>>175870687
How about changing the ships to either have lower upkeep/power used (needs no life support) or more hullpoints (if it's a giant flying robot with no need of a crew and therefore no hollow corridors)
>>
>>175872584
Don't forget to break the defensive pact, that retard will keep getting into wars with the FE again and again.
>>
>>175871938

I did that yesterday , 2.2k in destroyers and a few cruisers equipped with tier 4 kinetics

Made 3 decoy groups of two 60 minerals corvettes + 1 transport ship , sent it far away inside the Fallen territory

some days after ( gotta give time for the enemy to lock into the decoy ) I ran my fleet into two lone mining stations and one research station , sent science ships and moved the fleet away

2230 with tier 5 shields , armor , kinetics and tier 3 PD
>>
>>175870687
But synth rulers do give you bigger fleetcap.
>>
>all these interesting races
>picking a human instead
>>
File: 14560504707.jpg (51KB, 479x996px) Image search: [Google]
14560504707.jpg
51KB, 479x996px
>>175873258
>wanting to play as filthy ayys
>>
>>175872017
Good idea. I been playing "Real star systems" of late, so I am not good with nebula war...
>>
>>175873538
>not wanting to create a race in your own image
>just slap a generic militaristic regime or Star Trek federation rip off and call it a race
lmaoing at your life
>>
>>175872838

Can you build a few colony ships and then to the whole synth ascention thing ?

that way you keep organic pops being able to grow at the same time with synths
>>
>>175873718
No, it's been fixed in 1.6
>>
My federation is made up of 2/4 despoiling slavers.
Am... am I the bad guys?
>>
>>175873884

what ? is 1,6 out ? or are they planning to do that

post your sauces mate
>>
>>175874183
>being in a federation with AI
Why would you do it to yourself?
>>
>>175874292
Because I can turn on take point and have a huge fleet show up to be my meat shield.
>>
>>175873639
>implying there are other ways to rule the galaxy
>>
>>175874237
It's in the patchnotes.
>>
>>175874452

were are those patch notes at ?
>>
>stellaris nearing end game
>you made a star your energy bitch, you control 1/3 of the galaxy
>urge to make new game rising
every time
>>
>>175836818
>>175874545
>>
>>175874545
Not him but there:
* Fixed bug where the Synthetic Evolution ascension perk would not change the species of colony ships
>>
File: 1493871667594.gif (2MB, 560x433px) Image search: [Google]
1493871667594.gif
2MB, 560x433px
>* There is now a 30-day cooldown on insults, to prevent spamming of them in multiplayer
>>
>>175874872

HA! I will just donate a new colony to some weak empire and then declare war >cede

or give it to a vassal then integrate , both work
>>
>>175875060
> The cooldown on insults is removed in defensive wars
>>
>>175874623
The game needs more victory conditions imo
>>
>>175875294
> Not setting your own victory conditions
> Not setting your victory condition to be galaxy wide destruction at the hands of an unstoppable crisis
>>
>>175855527
Corvettes are shit against the unbidden they get rekt instantly

>>175854986
Honestly long range kinetics. Battleships fitted with nothing but kinetic batteries, destroyers with a KB and medium plasma. Cruisers with plasma, and once you can get them, matter disintegrators.

Just note that whatever ships engage in close range combat are going to take some losses. The more long range guns you have the better off you're gonna be.
>>
>>175875432
>Corvettes are shit against the unbidden they get rekt instantly

Wrong. You just need to git gud.

>suggesting battleships at all

Complete waste of resources.
>>
They're probably completely different, but how complicated is Aurora compared to Dwarf Fortress? I've played plenty of latter and was wondering how big of an initial learning curve Aurora has before getting to the meat of the game. Already played Distant Worlds as well.
>>
They should add some way to win via jewery I just want an empire of traders like TEC from Sins of a Solar Empire.
>>
>>175875489
In my current game the AI hasn't done shit against the unbidden and I'm doing it all myself. Stopped making torpedo Corvettes because they die instantly, even with maxed out shields and a capacitor.

You'll only lose battleships if your fleet gets jumped and instantly put into close range combat. You can knock off about 10k worth of fleet power with battleships and the destroyers o mentioned before your cruisers get in range.

Like my Corvettes, my cruisers get chewed up. But not as badly as the vettes
>>
File: interesting.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
interesting.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>175875698
If you find a "Migratory Flock" empire, you can exploit their 110% trade disposition and buy as many minerals with energy as they will sell you, then buying as much energy with minerals as they will sell you, repeat forever
You can literally empty almost all their stockpiles as often as you want this way
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to get unity in 1.6 they are raping everything , you can't just go and hunt the leviathans for their trophy buildings

by the time you can beat them the +15 from the building will be obsolete
>>
When will 1.6 hit?
>>
>>175875965
gamebreaking stuff man
>>
Why would you terraform when you can just genetically engineer species to adapt to worlds?

I can see the usefulness of terraforming Tomb worlds, but not any other planet type.
>>
>>175878751
Because then it counts as a different species.
>>
>>175878881
Why is that a problem?
>>
>>175868328
Because articulated arms are just straight up better.
>>
>>175878937
Because then they start asking for ludicrous stuff, like equal right, or independence, and then they start shitposting on tumblr.
>>
>>175879040
Really? That's fucking trash. I've only played a hive mind in Utopia so far, so I never felt that pain.
>>
>>175879731
>>>/soc/
>>
>>175879731
>no nipples
>shitty pec insertions
>nice arms (no homo)
3/10 would not mire
>>
>follow the psychic path
>conquer some planets in a lengthy war
>realize that there's a lone enemy pop on an uncolonized world nearby the captured planets, how did it get there I can only guess, the enemy empire must have started a colony just before the end of the war
>have the event that makes the foreign pops on the captured planets psychic but something's weird, the name of the affected race is not displayed
>the foreigners change name to super something alpha, the stranded pop doesn't change name and doesn't get psychic powers
>they are now considered the founder species of my empire while my starting race gets demoted to "residence" rights
Is it a bug or is it a swede that's trying to convey a deeper meaning in his game?
>>
>>175880090
Known bug, supposedly getting fixed in next patch. Unless they fuck something up.
>>
>>175878751
Can you genemod a pop on jungle planet to get desert preference?
>>
>>175880090
known bug
>>
>>175847916
Second post you replied to, ctrl+f nuke.
>>
>>175847916
False. Nukes cost less surplus mass and more energy than he has. Don't defend things you don't understand kid.
>>
>>175878751
Speaking of which, is there any reason to ever terraform planets into Gaia type? Do they get any other bonuses apart from habitability? And if habitability is an issue isn't terraforming to your own species' preferred planet type both cheaper and faster?
>>
Tried After The Empire.
It's meh.
>>
>>175881828
It will make them suitable for all possible species if you have a multi species empire.
>>
What are must have Stellaris mods?
>>
>>175881828
If you want to have different pops with different climate preferences coexisting for some reason.
>>
>>175881828
For multi species they're obviously great. they're also handy for gene modding into a new terrain type if you don't want to contaminate new worlds with xenos.

Beyond that there's not much in the way of resource advantage. Max habitability gives max pop growth but that's it.
>>
>>175881828
dick measuring
>>
>>175882070
I'm only using diverse rooms and downscaled ships.
>>
Anyone tried Stellar Monarch?
>>
>>175881828
Let's say you have two planets, with two different species and two different climate needs like Wet and Cold, and both are at max pop. They obviously have a high chance of migrating to a new world, which lets you fill the new world with pops quickly while the original planet pumps out new pops.

So you could either do it two ways: with two separate colony ships and two separate species and two separate planets; or with one large Gaia world.

It's probably the only reason to be xenophile. A 24 tile world flooded with ayy migrants is extremely profitable.
>>
>>175836818
Whoa, wait will they fix the assist research for science ships or will this remain broken?
>>
>>175873639
if I could do that, I'd make a race of megastructure builders
sadly that is not possible, and even if it was, megastructures literally aren't even worth building
>>
File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>But... w-why?
>>
Stellaris should have some science victory or anything that doesn't boil down to ''have more clay than the others'' it's just fucking tedious to grind planets.
>>
>>175882614
Don't act like you guys weren't sending me insults and encroaching on my borders. You knew this was coming.
>>
>>175872056
I still don't get why Firaxis left out the Rifleman unit in Civ 6. Upgrading from a musketeer to modern era infantry seems strange.
>>
File: jump drive.png (165KB, 719x301px) Image search: [Google]
jump drive.png
165KB, 719x301px
>dangerous Technology
OwO whats this?
Will researching this fuck me? I managed to kill a fallen empire ship and got this from the debris
>>
File: 1490857692353.png (154KB, 460x374px) Image search: [Google]
1490857692353.png
154KB, 460x374px
>>175883101
NO STEP
>>
Full Bombardment
>0.5 damage/day to planet fortifications, multiplied by bombarding fleet's naval capacity
>Armies' health does not regenerate
>Pops are unable to work
>15% chance each month that a pop is killed
>20% chance each month that a building is destroyed
>10% chance each month that a bombarded land tile blocker is created

Armageddon Bombardment
>0.6 damage/day to planet fortifications, multiplied by bombarding fleet's naval capacity
>Armies' health does not regenerate
>Pops are unable to work
>15% chance each month that a pop is killed
>20% chance each month that a building is destroyed
>10% chance each month that a bombarded land tile blocker is created

The patch notes mention that
>Fixed Armageddon bombing stance to properly affect planet
Does this mean they're actually turning Armageddon bombing into ARMAGEDDON bombing or just that with new patch it gets a whopping 0.1. damage increase? Why would anything nice ever happen?
>>
File: 1427559324568.png (364KB, 446x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427559324568.png
364KB, 446x600px
>>175882983
>leaving out the fucking rifleman
The development of rifling was a massive thing for war, as it made guns so much more accurate and gave them so much more range over the enemy
the few battles between troops with rifles and muskets were massacres

fucking hell, considering all the other bullshit in that game, this unilaterally proves you shouldn't let women and Indians straight from the shitting streets develop a game
>>
>>175883335
While I completely agree, it's really no different from any other vanilla Civ game. Early eras have great variety and clear differences between each civ, and around the industrial age it all fucking falls apart and it takes years for a tank to get from one city to another while air power is fucking useless.

The only good Civ game was Civ 4: BTS.
>>
>>175883330
Honestly Armageddon should slowly kill all pops till the planet is glassed and made into a death world. As it stands its so shit and pointless to be fantacal purifier. I wanna see the galaxy burn damnt.
>>
>>175884103
Yeah, it's retarded that pre-FTL species can turn their own planets into tomb worlds through nukes, but none of the actual empires can. When Paradox eventually does add super weapons DLC it's most likely going to be the same shit as the current megastructures. Unlocked way too late into the game and extremely expensive to use for no real return.

I'd just want to play tall purifiers and cleanse the immediate neighborhood.
>>
>>175883335
>shitting streets
Wait what?
>>
>>175884552
Ya and cleanse planet is pointless since 90% of the time the empire you cleansed will just recolonize the planet 2 seconds after the ends. Cleansing planets and any kind of life wipe should turn the planet into a death world were no one can live with terraforming possible of course. So far to my knowledge the only mechanic in the game that does that is the swarm. After you wipe them off a planet the world has to be terraformed to recolonize.
>>
>>175884103
>>175884552
>>175884865
Would be fun for a galactic war to decimate the whole galaxy, leaving ragtag backwoods worlds as all that's left. Would be sort of like the premise behind Distant Worlds: massive war knocks everyone back to the stone age
>>
I made a race based on Germans - declared a war on everyone, got rekt and then became a cuck.
>>
>>175862368
The others are retards, it is good.
>>
When's amplitude gonna show off the last faction, release is in two weeks.
>>
>>175885419
Sounds to me you made Sweden instead.
>>
>>175884712
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU

India has a problem with people shitting wherever they want.
>>
>>175885887
What
>>
>>175885887
>>175884712
Lots of Indians even think that shitting indoors is something only the unclean dalit should do
>>
>>175886153
(What)^2
>>
File: 1489103364401.jpg (9KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1489103364401.jpg
9KB, 275x275px
>>175885940
most of their population is feral
they choose to destroy toilets on sight instead of use them, for fear of toilet witches casting curses on them
no I am not kidding

another neat feature of india is the fact that all the disease there results in constant liquid shits, which evaporate into the atmosphere and later fucking rain down upon them, genuine motherfucking shitstorms
>>
File: 1315400404233.jpg (135KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1315400404233.jpg
135KB, 510x546px
>>175886270
>they choose to destroy toilets on sight instead of use them, for fear of toilet witches casting curses on them
>>
>>175886270
Stop with your lies
India superpower 2030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM
>>
File: stell36.jpg (34KB, 621x603px) Image search: [Google]
stell36.jpg
34KB, 621x603px
The fuck is this? I have never seen that before
>>
>>175882614
NEVER SHOULD OF COME HERE
>>
>>175885759
You're right he should have done it twice.
>>
>>175885735
Hopefully something big when the ENFER meme database or whatever ARG finishes.
https://enfer.games2gether.com/
It's currently at 75% and been jumping upwards rather quickly in the past few days. I'm going to flip my shit if it's fucking nothing or something completely retarded like Twitter integration.
>>
>>175882726

Good luck with that, Wiz has said he doesn't like win conditions. I solved this issue by making it so beating the crisis plus killing all FEs means I won.
>>
>>175886923

That's a Wraith, Anon. It floats, goes, comes around and wrecks shit. You need to find a system with a star whose colour is matching the wraith to kill it.
>>
Is it possible to have a trade focused empire in this game? I only wanna wage war when it's against my interests not just randomly sperg out like a cartoon villain.
>>
>>175888423
No
the only thing you can actually trade away is minerals, and there's nothing you ever need but minerals
>>
>>175888423
Not really.

I spent about a decade trading flat minerals for minerals per month with the AI while I was waiting for a megastructure tech once, that's all I can think of.
>>
>>175888563
Then the fuck are people always saying ''you can roleplay as anything in Stellaris'' for? The only thing you can roleplay in it is being a warlord so might as well play Warcraft 3.
>>
>>175888669
You can do what you want, you just ignore Paradox's pathetic excuse for wincons.

Hell, you can even win the game without going to war once if you're willing to just start building habitats on every rock larger than your fist.
>>
>>175888669
But can you build spaceships in Warcraft 3?
>>
>>175879027

Not so much better that it's worth using all that good stuff for worker shits, though.
>>
Is Endless Space worth playing?
>>
>>175889430
are you?
>>
Playing like France except in space is fun.
>egalitarian and fanatic militaristism
>citizen republic
>letting minorities live under your direct control and giving them decent living standards, but still discriminating against them
>liberating pops oppressed by tyrannic monarchs and setting them up as democratic vassal states.
>>
>>175889902
>Playing like France
So surrendering to everyone?
>>
Would it make sense for warmongers to be democratic?
>>
>there is a thread specifically for complaining about sectors in paradox forums
Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>175891114
I bet everyone who posts in it is automatically banned.
>>
>>175891026
Propaganda is a thing.
>>
>>175891026
>what was rome
>>
>>175891026
Depends, do you consider the USA democratic?
>>
>>175890012
old france, not nu-france
>>
File: 1488831635397.jpg (577KB, 933x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1488831635397.jpg
577KB, 933x1124px
>>175891114
>give sectors a chance
>without a choice because big ass integration/spoiler]
>food 200+480
>mfw
>>
>>175893817
>forgetting to turn off construction
>>
File: 1486891774758.png (750KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486891774758.png
750KB, 600x900px
>>175894282
they have a fuckton of 3rd-world planets. And my other sectors have uncolonized planets (not worried about the research hit at that point) so I gave the AI a chance to shine.
Nope.
>>
>>175892728
Getting stomped by Russians?
>>
File: images (1).png (24KB, 382x385px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
24KB, 382x385px
>>175889902
>Not playing Space-USSR with Egal-Militarist-Materialist, vassals used as buffers and a federation made out of puppets
>>
>>175875507
Much more. Building effective ships is a lot more difficult that plopping down some farms and workshops. Keeping dwarves happy for a long time can be difficult, but Aurora pretty much has no grace period.
>>
>>175895710
old old france
>>
What kind of new Crises would you guys like to see?
>>
>>175897443
Cuddle Crisis.
>>
>>175897443

Something that affects already existing AI empires and buffs them , creates a sort of evil federation of sorts that is hyper expansionist and wants to control all habitable planets
>>
There should be a reward for a defensive victory against a Great Holy War
>>
>>175897443
big ass celestial beings. Psionic end game+prethoryn swarm that just pops up any time
Alternatively, more than one crises in a game
that can appear at the same time
no mods
Also fucking give synthetics skins already
>>
>>175896206
>USSR was egalitarian
>>
>>175898367
The egalitarian-authoritarian dichotomy is pretty shitty desu. The previous individualist-collectivist was much better.
>>
>>175897443
Taking inspiration from fantasy fiction like Tolkien, Lets have one individual rise to power, an extremely powerful (and evil) psionic, a "Dark Lord" if you will. This individual uses his/her immense power to gain favor with the dark forces from the shroud. With these newfound pacts with the shrouds ruinous powers, he/she commands entire fleets and armies of Interdimensional horrors who seek to conquer and enslave the entire galaxy.

Think of Sauron, but in space. It would make for an interesting narrative driven crises.
>>
>>175899503
Sounds more like Horus or Lorgar to me.
>>
File: tyranids.jpg (52KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
tyranids.jpg
52KB, 500x312px
>>175898103
I always felt that the Prethoryn should be a repeatable crises.

There were multiple Tyranid hive fleets after all.
>>
>>175899503
>This idea.
>Eragon made someone rich and famous for putting Star Wars in Middle-Earth.

>I could get rich and famous for putting The Lord of the Rings in A Galaxy Far, Far Away.
>>
>>175899764
i suppose horus/lorgar would be the Sci-Fi version to Sauron, yes.
>>
So, now that we can make Authoritarian Corporate Dominions, what should I call my Leader and their Heir in an Imperial Plutocratic Oligarchy?

I was thinking 'Chairman' and 'President' but I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>175899503
Two ways this Crises can be defeated.

The first is the most obvious, just defeat the dark lord with pure brute force, send your fleets to fight through his conquered territories/minions
and just bomb the shit out of his Dark Citadel.

Alternatively, have special narrative driven events
where you have to gather "heroes" from your own empire and other allied empires, and basically have them go on sort of a narrative driven "journey" to defeat the Dark Lord themselves. Maybe you have to have your fleet escort them to their target.
>>
>>175899352
why not both desu
>>
>>175877671
Tuesday
>>
>>175899503
That's not Sauron though. Sauron was basically an angel (and also a werewolf for some reason that's never expanded upon) who followed the devil to earth to conquer shit. When god sent the rest of the angels to kick the devil's shit and put him in chains, Sauron bretended to be good and then tried to ensnare mortals to be his bitch and then got fucked over and tried to rebuild
>>
>>175900440
>Having allies
>>
Just how many of my people is the world eater going to eat?
>>
>>175900609
>and also a werewolf for some reason that's never expanded upon
Ainur have no physical body naturally. Their souls are just so powerful they don't need one. What that means is that an Ainur can easily create any sort of body it wants instantly. So Sauron, who in the early days was a big fan of Morgoth's werewolves, decided to take the form of one, not least of all because Huan or whatever was prophesied to die to the mightiest of wolves, and Sauron is arrogant.
>>
>>175900609
When i say Sauron i mean the whole "evil dark lord" villain trope thats popular in fantasy fiction, not specifically Sauron.
>>
>>175899352
They're both equally shit.
For the two to actually work they need to be further subdivided into political and economic ethic systems.

As a matter of fact materialist and spiritualist need work too. And xenophile/xenophobe are both broken for various reasons. Probably the only ethic that's the closest to working is militarist/pacifist. But that's really just because pacifist gets some busted bonuses and civics that balance the busted bonuses and mostly garbage civics of militarist.
>>
>>175899946
Bump.

Help me be creative, guys.
>>
>>175901204
CEO CFO
This isn't rocket science.
>>
>>175900473
I don't think it makes sense to have both. Individualist doesn't fit collectivist or egalitarian, so you can't have these three at the same time.
>>
>>175901204
>>175899946
President and First Son.
>>
>>175901183
Do you mean that the boosts/effects of them are not balanced? Because that's not what I was talking about. I just don't think authoritarian is really a good opposite of egalitarian, while individualist/collectivist really seems like it.
>>
>>175899946
In Korea, the Chairman of the Board is often a semi-retired company President, who has stepped away from the day to day operations and wields his power from the rear, so this makes sense -- assuming you're Korean.
>>
>>175901502
The whole cold war dichotomy is busted because you inevitably run into good vs evil reasoning and thus shit design.

If they wanted to do individualist vs collecivist they should look at modern china vs modern EU. One being a bureaucratic nightmare aimed at representing interests of various de facto minorities, while the other aims to treat everyone equally, no prejudice no excuses.
>>
>>175901797
>If they wanted to do individualist vs collecivist they should look at modern china vs modern EU. One being a bureaucratic nightmare aimed at representing interests of various de facto minorities, while the other aims to treat everyone equally, no prejudice no excuses.
Looks like you fell for the whole good vs evil thing you were just complaining about.
>>
Is this the thread where I can post my originaldonutsteel empire ideas?
>>
>>175899946
Traditionally, the most powerful person in a company is the Chairman, followed by the CEO.

The CEO is the one actually responsible for leading things, however; he's just accountable to the Board of Directors, which is headed by the Chairman.
>>
>>175902290
better have a well written bio fag
>>
>>175901994
Perhaps I was unclear. You can only treat everyone equally if you dispense with trying to represent them accurately. I.E. Needs of the many and all that. So pops that are discontent with the gov would have more reasons to be upset simply because no one is listening to them. While the individualists accept diversity of opinions and flatten those happiness penalties, perhaps completely, but at the expense of being unable to quickly adapt when necessary.

See the problem with egalitarian vs authoritarian is that it's nonsense. You can have a perfectly authoritarian democracy that elects an all powerful man to solve it's issue when they come up, see republican rome. Or you can have a bureaucratic beast with no direct input but still monitoring opinion closely and making sure to address any concerns that become troublesome.
>>
>>175902431
Sorry, to follow up: if the CEO is the most powerful person in the company who is actually responsible for running things, then his 'heir' would be the COO, the Chief Operating Officer.
>>
>>175902475
I do, they're just written on another document because for some reason the ingame box is awful.
>>
>>175901730
I'm talking about all aspects.
Individualist/collectivist and egalitarian/authoritarian never work because they always run into economic, social, or political exceptions. Xenophile/xenophobe are trash because the gameplay mechanics surrounding them are currently trash, and spiritualist/materialist are both barebones and imbalanced as fuck.

Individualist/collectivist ran into the issue of individualist incorporating free market ideals but pushing those to an extreme somehow removed the end result of a total free market, effective oligarchic corporate dominion. Egalitarian at least somewhat reconciled this, enough equality that people can compete and rise above others in the free market but not so much that #occupyearth becomes a thing when Cocacola buys the planet, and drains the great lakes to store more coke.

Libertarian should replace Egalitarian but Libertarian is a bad word now.
>>
>>175902431
>>175902736
I suppose this would make the PLAYER the Chairman of the Board, because you have the power to strip your leader, the CEO, of his or her authority.
>>
>>175902801
I find it funny that egalitarian empires can be more stratified than authoritarian empires.

Authoritarian can't go utopian standards or have any actual slaves, but a xenophobe egalitarian can have utopian founding pops and slave xenos
>>
correct ethics:
authoritarian vs libertarian
spiritualist vs materialist
militarist vs pacifist
xenophobe vs xenophile
elitist vs populist
>>
>>175903248
Furthermore, Authoritarians won't have high standards of living for anyone because that just encourages Egalitarian pops
>>
>>175903248
They can NOW, anyway.

Before, you couldn't, but 1.6 is changing that.

You can enslave your xeno populations as an Egalitarian Xenophobe.
>>
>>175903294
>authoritarian vs libertarian
I'd go one further and use the actual real world distinction: statist vs libertarian. One netting you administrative bonuses the other economic ones. You need not have dichotomy be simplistic and producing inverted results.

>elitist vs populist
That is actually far more interesting than the whole collectivist vs individualist crap, even tho I like said crap, this is much easier to make work me thinks.
>>
Noob question but can enclaves be hidden inside fallen empires/ regular empires? I've explored the entire galaxy but still haven't found a single enclave.
>>
>>175903248
Don't forget Xenophile Authoritarians eventually become slaves for their alien refugees.

I believe this is actually a cleverly hidden commentary on the state of Sweden and Europe at large.
>>
File: Shinkansen.jpg (67KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
Shinkansen.jpg
67KB, 846x846px
>>175883101
you know that retard bullshit of the fallen/awakened empires going and popping up onto your homeworld and bypassing all your shit? yeah thats what jump drive allows, it's fantastic
>>
>>175903639
>elitist vs populist
I don't know, populist carries such a bad meaning. I don't want to be venezuela, but I also don't want to be a caste society.
>>
Is there a reason why I can't allow free resettlement in my authoritarian empire?
>>
>>175904450
so does elitist
if both sides use it pejoratively, there must be some truth to it
>>
>>175904778
Because authoritarians are bad.
>>
>>175904778
ethics as a whole just feels arbitrary on whats allowed and whats not.
>>
>>175904953
maybe they should just ditch it and make empires with certain opposite policies dislike each other
>>
>>175904818
Yes, but in the real world, populist is just as elitist as elitists, but the elite is the friends of the leader of the people. It's not that I can't imagine it being otherwise, it's just that that is the current meaning of the word, so they are basically the same thing.

Wouldn't populist as you imagine just be a direct democracy?
>>
>>175904825
>>175904953
>Nomadic people united under a martial-king that destroy all permanent settlement never
Fuck this shit
>>
>>175904953
Ethics were a mistake. If they wanted the flavor it should come AFTER specific policies are picked.

Like if you have utopian living standard for some and slavery for everyone CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE AN AUTHORITARIAN PIECE OF SHIT.

Meanwhile if you have corporate shit and rock bottom living standards for all FUCK YOU JP MORGAN
>>
File: nomidium.jpg (82KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
nomidium.jpg
82KB, 600x400px
>>175905142
>you will NEVER EVER be able to carry your empire around the galaxy
>>
File: Macross_Island_Colony_Ship.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Macross_Island_Colony_Ship.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>175905142
I'd love a "Spaceborn" start, where the player has a mobilehabitat-ship, able to build more, but isn't allowed to settle on planets. Bonus if everything is a ship, ship mining/research stations, ship spaceports.

Whole civilization can just pack up and move somewhere else.
>>
>shoot man before throwing him out of plane
>somehow I'm not the big guy
>>
>>175905696
>isn't allowed to settle on planets

That's dumb desu. But Habitat Preference should definitely be a thing, and Mobile Habitats would also be cool.
>>
>>175903294
Authoritarian just need to not just be about slaves. Maybe I want a strong government but no slaves. Come on.
>>
>>175905815
>>175905696
Habitats is just so shit. How come I can only have buildings with 3 minerals if asteroids are actually really mineral heavy. Meanwhile, you can have 10 energy from the get go because SOLAR POWER.
>>
>>175905072
>Wouldn't populist as you imagine just be a direct democracy?
no. populist as I mean would be the state relies on support from the people rather than political elite. The elitists want to maintain their power whether they think it's good or they simply want to look out for themselves. Motive is mostly irrelevant for these two ethos since theyre just vehicles for power.
if you didnt want that kind of shitfest you could just go absolute monarchy or direct democracy.
>>
>>175899946

CEO Nwabudike Morgan
>>
>>175906162
>populist as I mean would be the state relies on support from the people rather than political elite. The elitists want to maintain their power whether they think it's good or they simply want to look out for themselves
Yeah, that's basically the same thing, I don't think it would make good gameplay. The only difference I can see is one maintains power through force and the other through happiness (living standard).
>>
>tfw no spiderman to make a new thread
>>
>>175906584
I can't believe spideranon is actually dead.
>>
where is the new thread
>>
What's the deal with early game (pre-cruisers) destroyers? I keep getting this feeling that they're worse than corvettes at that stage of the game. There's not a big difference in stats but every time I spec into destroyers early game my fleet does much worse for some other reason I don't understand.
Don't get me wrong, destroyers have niche uses as PD and in late game, but the former is unnecessary with missiles in their current state and the latter is after you have good sensors+chips+OP L slot weapons.
Any earlier than that, destroyers seem really bad somehow.
>>
>>175907063
you only use destroyers early on because ship AI targets them before anything else

You don't bring destroyers and the enemy does, you are going to lose because your corvettes waste time shooting at a ship that has a lot of health and does no damage all the while taking damage from the enemy corvettes.
>>
>>175907175
That's precisely why you bring cruisers as soon as you unlock them. But destroyers only have 600 health, compared to a Corvette's 300, and can't double a corvette's shields at that stage, AND has dick evasion.
So 2 corvettes is more effective HP than 1 destroyer.
>>
>>175907175
>ship AI targets them before anything else
anyone who has played this game can attest this to be false
seriously just play the game, mix corvettes and destroyers and watch how they don't die first
>>
>>175907379

That's not the point, though. There's 2 levels of starports between D's and C's, that's a very long time, even more if you don't get lucky on techs. Then there's the fact that if you're not running lasers, it's more time spent researching weapons. You can't just say "bring cruisers instead", you have to make do with what you've got, which is why destroyer rushing > corvette spam (unless torps) in the early game, when starports are a big concern.

Your op referenced pre-cruisers, so saying "bring cruisers asap" is pointless anyway.
>>
>>175907063
Large slot weapons aren't good when you just got destroyers because a large weapon is terrible when shooting at corvettes. In early game you'll want your destroyers to use mostly small weapons so they can track the enemy corvettes, they'll do great because of their tracking bonus. Once everyone starts switching to cruiser and battleship fleets you can switch your destroyers to a large + medium configuration to snipe from far away.
>>
>>175907597
maybe this works
>>
Cruisers suck. Battleship ONLY.
>>
>>175907063
Don't outfit a Destroyer with large weapons when it's just Destroyers and Corvettes you dip.
>>
Fuck I wish I could operation British habitats.
Thread posts: 773
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.