[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 160

File: Tokyo_Item_Shop_SMTIV.jpg (351KB, 1225x892px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo_Item_Shop_SMTIV.jpg
351KB, 1225x892px
New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey" further info and teaser:
http://shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfkAh4iZ6o

>Starter guide
http://i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
http://pastebin.com/kHK2a6dR

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
http://pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
http://pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
http://pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
http://smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
http://pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread: >>174844730
>>
BEHOLD
>>
File: Breaking Hoys.png (301KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking Hoys.png
301KB, 640x360px
Reminder that Garu is just a meme Zan.
>>
File: 1493118638118.jpg (326KB, 1009x1497px) Image search: [Google]
1493118638118.jpg
326KB, 1009x1497px
Is Alice our girl?
>>
>>174992321
Why are Minotaur and Mudusa such bullshit?
I even had some of the few buffs introduced and I still got fucked plenty of times.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (112KB, 1062x1500px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
112KB, 1062x1500px
For some reason I completely forgot that this existed.
>>
>>174992749
This is a No Girls Allowed Club, but she can be /our/ mascot.
>>
Never played these games before so I'm starting with SMT4 because I got a hacked N3DS.

But dude, where are the girls? all I'm seeing are these fags wearing swords on their hips. I get to have a girlfriend in the game at least right? I mean I heard this is like Persona
>>
>>174994469
>I heard this is like Persona

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>174994469
Girls are gay
>>
>>174992749
Alice is my girl.
>>
File: IMG_0155.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0155.png
7KB, 420x420px
>Mfw played through SMT1 shooting everything and spamming Zio spells on bosses

Did nobody play test this game?
>>
First time playing smt4a, kinda want to use a magic build for my first playthough. so is 3 magic 1 ag 1 luck for every level ok?
>>
>>174992806
easiest time of my life with those two, asmodeus is the real casual killer
>>
>>174996135
Yes.
>>
>>174992806
4's difficulty is weird. I steamrolled both those two but got absolutely buttfucked on yamato takeru and king kenji.

It just matters really what demons you have and how prepared you are that determines fights, I guess.
>>
File: 20170414_153852.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_153852.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
I got some charms to make a Messian necklace with. What should I do? Should I get some kind of chain that holds three and use a peace sign for the third one?
>>
File: IMG_0157.png (72KB, 781x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0157.png
72KB, 781x576px
Where my neutralfags at?
>>
File: top_0893.png (61KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0893.png
61KB, 400x240px
>>174994469
>But dude, where are the girls? all I'm seeing are these fags wearing swords on their hips. I get to have a girlfriend in the game at least right? I mean I heard this is like Persona
>>
>>174996462
Thanks
>>
Majin Tensei translation when?
>>
>>174996991
Sick Zelda reference.
>>
>>174994469
You get a girlfriend depending which path you go down - thinl of it like advanced S Links. If you please the guy with the afro the most, he turns into a big titted angel later. If you make the guy with the spiky hair happy, then you get to fuck a female version of Lucifer. If you make the girl happy, you'll get in the sack with her, obviously.
>>
>>174997373
>>174994663
>>174994743

Stop dodging the question faggot

Are the only females in the game the demons? saw a dyke haircut fary called pixie so far
>>
>>174998030
>>174996991
But no, really why is there a triforce. I don't get it.
>>
File: [SMIRKS].png (2MB, 1774x1024px) Image search: [Google]
[SMIRKS].png
2MB, 1774x1024px
>>174998210
Just a get an actual gf if you want one.
>>
Just finished Final today.

I actually really liked it, and I've played all mainline, DDS1 and 2, Raidou, the works. Found the characters to be cute, difficulty felt just right on War, the added music was good, villains were pretty well written to make up for some of the questionable dialogue, gameplay was fluid as fuck. Did feel a bit Persona-y in parts and the final dungeon was a drag but it was overall solid.

Why does /smtg/ hate this game again? Is your collective personahate boner that hard?
>>
File: top_0695.png (53KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0695.png
53KB, 400x240px
>>174998210
>saw a dyke haircut fary called pixie so far
>>
>>174998472

My lifestyle is too tight for wasting time with a girlfriend who will take things slowly and other emotional clingy shit

All four of those dudes just look plain silly but It's good I don't get to see them when fighting
>>
File: satantum3.jpg (387KB, 1280x1016px) Image search: [Google]
satantum3.jpg
387KB, 1280x1016px
>>174998650
Because the alignments were butchered into nonsense. Merkabah and lucifer were retconned into not even vaguely trying to not come off like assholes. And the divine powers were basically a tease, because krishna is the best alignment representative in the series and you're not allowed to side with him. Not only that, but for some reason during the fight against him he is trivialized and presented as if you beating him is a given on both endings.

Since the alignments were retarded, your team by definition had to be too. With no ideological conflict, that is replaced with bad sexual tension between bitchy milfs and six year olds.

In the end, you are forced to choose between only two endings. The retarded happy go lucky ending that is so fukken positive that you resurrect everyone from the egg, and the autism ending where you legitimately decide that a world where people are too retarded to have friends would be a good one. Both options are horrible, and yhvh manages to be the biggest letdown in the series, by being not ONLY pure evil, and borderline retarded, but cowardly as well. The game doesn't even coherently explain yhvh's motives, because it assumes you don't care.

The sole good aspect of the final part of the game is satan. And even he makes no sense, since he is depicted as having no ideology for ?? reason. At least his assesment / judgement lines about you are cool.
>>
>>174998859
>lifestyle is too tight
The fuck does this mean

>don't see them while fighting
>don't see the guy second from the left, whose portrait is in every single battle, while fighting
Nice, almost fell for it.

>>174998650
It's the law of any game series. The most recent entry is garbage, the second most recent was bad but serviceable, the third most is good, fourth most is amazing, etc.

Just wait a few years and people will be praising Final as one of the quintessential SMT games like Nocturne's being praised for now.
>>
>>174999345
>>Just wait a few years and people will be praising Final as one of the quintessential SMT games like Nocturne's being praised for now.

It is true that now everyone praises IV, despite it being shat on until final.
>>
>>174996401
King Kenji was harder though.
>>
>>174999345

Duh, he's the MC why would it matter? I'm saying all those dudes are violating the uniform code with dumb shit

>Bare chest instead of Plate carrier
It's like you want to get insta-killed
>Wearing scarfs and a colored choker
Those 2 dudes would be killed by friendly fire definitely
>>
>>174999183
>alignments were butchered into nonsense
I wouldn't say that. It just got shifted from Law and Chaos to Neutral-Light and Neutral-Dark. This is a spinoff so I doubt we'll see anymore of this in mainline.

>merkabah and lucifer
They act pretty much the same as in 4, my man.

>fight against him he is trivialized
Well, he is the main villain of the game. I agree that not being able to side with him was a letdown (though with odin seemingly being a big part of SMTHD we'll have to see) but the idea that the big bad guy shouldn't be defeated because he's a villain is retarded. Or at least that's what I'm getting from your argument.

>bad sexual tensiom between bitchy milfs and six year olds
I always love this kind of hyperbole, because it makes utterly no sense. I thought the Toki/Asahi fight was kinda dumb but it didn't overpower the plot or other characters.

>both options are horrible
No? I get to be a god in one and I get to save everyone in the other. I'd say those are fairly good outcomes.

>yhvh is terrible
Well, he is a villain, I would assume he would act like a bad guy.

>satan
Agreed, liked that part of the final dungeon the most. Made up for a lot of it.
>>
File: 1467231760861.jpg (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1467231760861.jpg
8KB, 320x320px
>>174998221
Look at his hat.
>>
>>175000270
>I wouldn't say that. It just got shifted from Law and Chaos to Neutral-Light and Neutral-Dark. This is a spinoff so I doubt we'll see anymore of this in mainline.

The problem isn't just shifting to light and dark even though that itself is retarded. The problem is that its crammed into a pre existing world where law and chaos exist, but then flanderizes them both into only having their shitty qualities. Basically shitting on IVs plot.

>They act pretty much the same as in 4, my man.

If you say this, you really didn't understand their iv characterization. Lucifer in iv dies talking about hopes and dreams. Lucifer in iva is basically "mwa ha ha, I want to subjugate all humans." And the angels in iva literally always sound halfway between angry and disgusted. A narrator has to inform you in a random scene that merkabah is not meant to be angry in that scene, and in fact has no real emotion. Something that the game sure as fuck butchered the presentation of.

>but the idea that the big bad guy shouldn't be defeated because he's a villain is retarded.

Huh? My point was that when you fight him it acts like your victory is assured. A weird 180 from the fact that the divine powers were treated as the strongest side earlier on.

>No? I get to be a god in one and I get to save everyone in the other. I'd say those are fairly good outcomes.

They're narriatively stupid ones though. Of all reasons to become a god, deciding that friendship needs to be cracked down on is one of the worst.

>Well, he is a villain, I would assume he would act like a bad guy.

Most villians are presented as smart or at least not cowardly. yhvh here doesn't act self aware at all. You are left wondering how he even got in charge when his intelligence seems on par with a thirteen year old school bully who doesn't understand why other people don't like them. The reveal that he was manipulating chaos all along didn't even matter, since he was an asshole from the beginning either way.
>>
>>175000953
>pre existing world where law and chaos exist
Well, yes, it's merely a different take on the matter which is more neutral-centric. It's a bit similar to Law in 2 and how that game definitely revolved around it but you could take different paths. I do agree that law and chaos could have been handled differently in Apoc but it wasn't the focus of the game to begin with.

>didn't understand their characterization
Lucifer in 4 dies talking about how pissed he is that his paradise was brought low by a son of man in neutral and on law says that you were the stronger man in the end, all the while being a closeted lawfag that secretly wishes for order on chaos. That was expanded upon in Apoc, and he certainly wasn't an asshole in either game. I also don't remember that merky bit, was that in mikado or at ichigaya?

>your victory is assured
I still don't get your argument. He's the main baddie, he's going to be defeated, that's a staple of any RPG, though yes, I am disappointed you can't side with him. That he was presented as super powerful early on doesn't mean he can't be beaten.

>narratively stupid one
Well, the whole point of anarchy is that your natural abilities are held back because you have to be dependent on others. That's some basic ancap shit. Don't know what else to say.

>yhvh doesn't act self aware
The guy's a deluded tyrant that everyone, even a lot of his supporters if 2 is anything to go off of, hates. Your argument boils down to "I don't like this character" but he's a villain to begin with, so I don't know why that's a bad thing. You can make the argument he's badly written, I suppose, but that's not what you're saying.
>>
File: sin megumi tensai.png (642KB, 1080x1380px) Image search: [Google]
sin megumi tensai.png
642KB, 1080x1380px
Am I doin' it right?
>>
>>175003725
Memetastic as fuck, anon.
>>
>>175003725
>there is no tsukihime anime
I kek'd
>>
>>175002349

1/2

>Well, yes, it's merely a different take on the matter which is more neutral-centric. It's a bit similar to Law in 2 and how that game definitely revolved around it but you could take different paths. I do agree that law and chaos could have been handled differently in Apoc but it wasn't the focus of the game to begin with.

A game with a shitty law and chaos with only neutral options is dubious enough. But even that is tolerable. The problem isn't just that it had bad law and chaos sides. Its that it is presented as part of another game that had better ones, but is retconning them for the sake of a new plot. Its not like the sides even got corrupted over time. This takes place right when the end of IV would, but they are simply different, with all good qualities stripped to make way for shitty ones. Merkabah was one of the better characters in the series before, but got butchered entirely.

>Lucifer in 4 dies talking about how pissed he is that his paradise was brought low by a son of man in neutral and on law says that you were the stronger man in the end, all the while being a closeted lawfag that secretly wishes for order on chaos.

He has more lines than his death lines. If you answer right on neutral, he sounds semi tolerant of your choice. Not sure what you mean by closet lawfag, but there's no indication of that. Someone strong taking power is part of chaos, not a deviation from it.

>That was expanded upon in Apoc,

Not really. It was there to be there because he's lucifer and its what he does. Apocalypse more or less ignores anything positive about thier goals, to flanderize them just into "people you shouldn't like." The early chaos ending itself if you take it implies nothing positive about it at all. It just talks about people living in fear because they have no choice.

> I also don't remember that merky bit, was that in mikado or at ichigaya?

At the last showdown.
>>
Does anyone know where to get good SMT shirts?
>>
>>175004002
I honestly don't know what counts as a meme these days.
>>
>>175004457
Redbubble, you can also make your own there if you don't see what you have in mind. Wearing graphic tees is faggot shit anyway though.
>>
>>175003725

>Yusuke for P5

You're alright, kid.
>>
>>175002349

2/2

> he's going to be defeated

The player knows this, but the characters don't have a reason to. The point is that he is as far as you know the main villian. But the fight against him on either ending amounts to your tema basically saying "give up retard you have no chance" and him realizing this during the fight. For the stupidest reasons possible no less, because apparently human willpower means you were fated to win, even though most games imply that gods are way stronger than humans and its rare for humans to win.

>Well, the whole point of anarchy is

The ending isn't called anarchy. Anarchy refers to chaos. It was the american fanbase who got confused and started using it to refer to dagda. The official name is massacre.

But this makes no sense even in the plot. In game its clear that your other teammates are useful since they do rescue you. The idea that you'd be stronger alone not only makes little sense, but even if it was true, it doesn't explain why you in particular are someone so strong that you could just use your solitude to get strong enough to challenge yhvh almost singlehandedly. The fact that this was your plan is so narriatively incoherent that it makes the entire ending shit. Not two levels earlier you couldn't break out of a prison alone, but apparently you're strong enough to kill the overlord of all gods alone now.

> You can make the argument he's badly written, I suppose, but t

A character with no positive qualities including ones necessary to keep power somehow having power is in fact being badly written. How did he get power to begin with if he's dumb as a sack of rocks? And how does he keep up the charade to manipulate people if he is this stupid? And -why- is he this big of a coward? There's no reason for half of this other than to make him as unlikeable as possible. Him being pure evil would have been fine alone. The rest was just additional nonsense that made him not a worthy foe.
>>
File: Ice is just meme water.png (60KB, 1284x857px) Image search: [Google]
Ice is just meme water.png
60KB, 1284x857px
>>175004470
Everything.
>>
>>175004642
Subtle graphic tees are p good though.
>>
>>175004642
I'm gonna pick this up:

https://www.redbubble.com/people/maiaarts/works/24866057-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne-hitoshura?grid_pos=62&p=mens-graphic-t-shirt
>>
>>175005204
I hope you're joking
>>
File: Kenako REBORN!.jpg (37KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
Kenako REBORN!.jpg
37KB, 720x340px
>>175003725
Yusuke is to pure for this world
>>
>>175003725
>>175004684
>>175005478
Still haven't touched P5. What's so good about Yusuke?
>>
>>175005613
He's extremely airheaded in a very refreshing way.
>>
>>175005613
If you havent I really do suggest not going on /v/ or /pg/ this game has many twists and its a shame if you where to get spoiled

Yusuke is cool becuase despite being a guy, Atlus made an endearing "autist" eccentric painter that ist OVER THE TOP like P4. Cool dude who wastes his money on stupid shit in the name of art/ for his friends. I also really like how he dislikes you untill a certain point in the story

I hated P4 alot but I am really happy how P5 turned out.
>>
>>175005613
He's a guy that's really passionate about art, but he's not a gigantic hipster about it.

He's a tiny bit socially inept in some situations, but among the core group he's very relatable and can have normal conversations

you know, like a human can
>>
>>174999183
I hated what they did to Satan and how Lucifer and the 4 archeangels are a part of him because why not.
>>
>>174999506
Everygame gets its turn in the mud
SJ, Nocturne etc

They only games i dont see getting shit on is Overclocked and DDS1-2
>>
>>175006576
>Tiny bit
I'd say more than a tiny bit, anon.
>>
>>175006797
What about KMT
>>
>>175008080
He doesn't have trouble communicating or anything

Like he doesn't stutter or sperg out at shit.

He's just the kinda guy that buys two lobsters and then gets mad when someone assumes it's to eat them.
>>
>>175009643
Too obscure.

But the moment more than 2 persons start to show some love for it, you can be sure that it will be shat on too.
>>
>>175009643
older snes games dont count
Am playing throught KMT 1 but I got lost since I stop playing for a bit. Its pretty good but fusion is more simplistic since you cant have demons carry over any skill like in SMT I or SMT II

Speaking of which

SMT if... WHEN?!
>>
>>175004220
>retconning them for the sake of a new plot
Well, yeah. That's the point of the game, it takes place in an alternate timeline. The good qualities aren't really stripped away, it's just that they're not focused on as much. And how was Merkabah 'one of the better characters in the series' in 4? He was a delusional genocidal retarded lawfag that wanted to kill teenage girls over manga. If anything he appears more reasonable in apoc because we actually see him as a source of inspiration for mikado and gaston, while in 4 the angels never interact with humans.

>more lines than death lines
Don't shift the goalpost. And anyway, chaos doesn't have kings or rulers, it's every man for himself. Lucy in 4 was a bit too quick to jump to "well how bout you become a king to rule them all". This makes sense considering Satan's existence proves he was a lawfag in the end.

>ignores everything positive about their goals
Their goals are the exact same between games - even the ending cutscenes are the same as 4's. They're both 'bad' endings because Shesha Flynn is still running around.

>at the last showdown
At YHVH? Still don't remember. Regardless, his voice is so robotic to begin with that it's hard to tell he has emotion anyway.

>human willpower means you're fated to win
Well yes, that's a big part of Neutral and the game as a whole. Humans have the power to reject gods instead of being ruled by them in Law and to progress and evolve without Social Darwinism in Chaos. I mean we kill gods in basically every fucking SMT game, it's not really a new thing at this point.

>official name
My bad.

>makes no sense
The reason you become so strong in Massacre is because you transcend your humanity by becoming dependent on no one, that's the whole point of the throne scene and stephen's dialogue. Dagda even talks about literally the entire game - call it bullshit but it was an established plot element, not just a random dbz powerup.
>>
>>175010746
>SMT if... WHEN?!
20XX! He is still on time!
>>
>>174992749
Yes, along with Scathach, Pixie, Nekomata, Lilim, Succubus, Kikuru Hime, Angel, and Ame no Uzume
>>
>>175004780
>if he's this dumb
Well he was smart enough to make a scapegoat in Lucifer and powerful enough to make all ancient gods bend to his will. Most people don't know YHVH's true nature, anyway, they probably see him as a benevolent creator god.

I'll admit now they probably did go too overboard with making him unlikable but I'm willing to overlook that as villains are meant to be actual scumbags. Besides that, YHVH isn't really the main villain so much as Krishna, whose motives and character were far more interesting.
>>
File: 14_1.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14_1.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Man SMT is a lot funner on Paradise mode. I'm finally able to enjoy this series.
>>
Its because of the Persona influence that all these recent megatens got

>shit writing (SMT4:A)
>Doi instead of Kaneko for new demons
>Changing Kaneko's character designs for generic animu trash like Doi's

I can't believe they touched in such a perfection of game that is Strange Journey for no reason. Its so hard for him to leave the flower fields for a minute just to draw Alex's design and some new demons?

I'm fucking sick of these /v/ threads saying P5 is better than mainline, when the big problem is the persona pandering after that mistake of anime.
>>
>>175013230
P5 is better than mainline
>>
>>175013230
Best timeline
>>
File: Pascal the philosopher is here.jpg (42KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pascal the philosopher is here.jpg
42KB, 850x400px
>>175013230
>P5 is better than mainline for rehashing things mainline did except making them accessible to people who can't stomach going through an entire game without high school social simulator bullshit
P5 is mainline for idiots.
>>
>>175013230
>>Doi instead of Kaneko for new demons
Kaneko is retired my man it has nothing to do with persona

And Maphisto, Cleopatra and the mermaid are great. Not everything is persona's fault

>>175013645
I wonder where the new P5 fans are going to end up. On the Persona or the SMT side.
>>
>>175013905
Kaneko is really retired? I will miss him so much, I feel bad for pirating all SMT games before buying a 3DS.
>>
>oni horde summons reinforcements four times in one fight
Does Apocalypse get pissy and refuse to cooperate if it detects you killing enemies in ways it considers too cheap or effortless or something, like instant kills?
>>
Has anyone done a full transcription of SMTIV Offical Artworks?
>>
>>175014235
And pirating them after, I assume.

I hope fucking persona wins if smt """fans""" continue to keep pirating from companies like atlus that barely keep their head above the water.
>>
>>175014235
That are kill.
He did some guest art work for some manga but he has a hand off approach now. He was barely involved in SMT IV.

>>175014624
>I hope fucking persona wins if smt """fans""" continue to keep pirating from companies like atlus that barely keep their head above the water.
You sound like a massive faggot
Also Persona already won, they said it themselves, its their flag ship series. Selling a product that has you killing *record scratch* is alot harder then high school stuff. Also Atlus is doing great fiscally.
>>
>>175014396
no, you can just randomly get up to 4 horde battles. later in the game you get a partner that's able to instakill an enemy at the start of a fight and right after the enemy takes its turns, and since hordes count as just one enemy, they have a possibility of oneshotting hordes very easily. or you could just carry trafuri/estoma
>>
>>175014624
>pirating
World of strength baby.
>>
>>175014624
Nah, I bought SMTIV/SMTIV:A/Soul Hackers special editions and almost Strange Journey too, but its rare to find a copy in my country.
>>
>>175014761
>>175014836
fuck you faggots, I pirate shit all the time from big triple A corporations like Nintendo or stuff. Atlus doesn't deserve the same sort of treatment when I can pay for their products, and no, they're not doing well enough fiscally to endorse this kind of behavior. >>175014861's piracy is fine since there's no reasonable way for them to get the game, you two are being assholes.

if persona's won already, great. I hope SMTHD and 5 are delayed forever just to spite shitbrains like you.
>>
>>175015167
Can't be mad about persona winning, what's fair is fair, sales is power. Kaz, I'm already a waifufag.
>>
>>175015167
>Atlus is't doing well financially
That explains WHY they opened up a new studio, made new 3D HD demons, made P5 3D, working on multiple games etc. Atlus has always been Niche and now P5 is making them more mainstraim, to say Atlus ist doing well is dumb.

>implying I am a piratefag
I buy all their new shit if It interests me (fuck DAN) but shut like DDS 1-2, Raidou 1-2, P1-P2EP If I were to get them physically it wouldt go to atlus' pockets and fuck buying digitally. Get off your moral highhorde LAWfag.
>>
>>175016576
>highhorde
Need to stop playing so much W3.

When will we get a SMT RTS/GSG/4X game?
>>
I just beat demifiend in DDS. Do I get exclusive bragging rights?
>>
File: 1467098440245.png (737KB, 720x630px) Image search: [Google]
1467098440245.png
737KB, 720x630px
when will we get this?
>>
File: 1490587380196.png (586KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490587380196.png
586KB, 400x480px
>>175017706
After this masterpiece.
>>
File: SMT1.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SMT1.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: SMT2.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SMT2.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>175010928

>Don't shift the goalpost

A line he said two text boxes before dying isn't shifting the goalpost. It was obviously at the point where he realized that the fight might turn against him.

> And anyway, chaos doesn't have kings or rulers, it's every man for himself.

Lucifer has been called a king since early in the series. Gotou was a dictator. Kenji is a king. In desu demons have lords and courts. You don't seem to understand chaos. A strong person becoming a leader by their own power is not anti chaos. People are to know that they don't -have- to follow them. But they do if they don't want their ass beat / see mutual benefit in it. The point is that their power structures don't have universalist pretensions. They are structures of their own power that others are free to reject.

>Their goals are the exact same between games - even the ending cutscenes are the same as 4's.

I'm talking about personality and depiction. The characters are retconned into blatant anti-charismatic assholes, and this tone is carried over into their goals. Sure, the ending might be implied to be the same on paper. But if you play ivs chaos then ivas chaos, you note that iva openly calls it a bad ending. Not just because the divine powers. It simply treats lucifer as just an evil figure. If any positive references are taken out it implies a darker tone.

>I mean we kill gods in basically every fucking SMT game, it's not really a new thing at this point.

Usually its treated as surprising. A story where you were always going to win is less interesting. But that's not even this story. That becomes this story for some reason exactly when you fight krishna.

>call it bullshit but it was an established plot element, not just a random dbz powerup.

Mentioning a stupid plot point ahead of time doesn't make it less stupid. If dagda said true power came from bananas early game, and it turns out that you could beat yhvh alone using bananas, it still wouldn't make it make sense.
>>
File: SMT IF....jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SMT IF....jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>175018079
I have the right side as my phone wallpaper
Looks pretty cool desu
If I can get that as a wallpaper and sighned by Kaneko that would be rad
>>
File: SMT3.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SMT3.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>175011339
That's the point. Him being smart enough to do this implies cunning. But when you face him he has no cunning. He acts like he legitimately just has no clue whats going on other than thinking he is amazing, and legitimately not understanding why other people don't like him.

Him being pure evil is fine. But at least make him come off smart. And not cowardly. Being depicted as cowardly is the fastest way to make someone unlikable. But this makes him not even likable as a villain. And it makes all the dialogue with him weird. Toki calls him quick to forgive, and it seems genuine. Was it meant to be, or is that just more bad writing. And satan tells him he has to assess whether he is reasonable or not. But one conversation with him is more than enough to realize he's not. (Sure, at that point satan saying this was clearly rhetorical, but even so).

The point is that both main villains weren't treated as valid adversaries. Krishna was treated weak and pathetic by the time you met him for no reason, even though twenty minutes earlier you were acting like you had no plan to beat shesha... but fortunately that wasn't an issue because after telling you this he removed himself from existence forever. Then you go from trivialized krisha to yhvh who acts actively afraid of you before you even meet him. For an ending of a game that should have been the most epic ending yet, what we got felt underwhelming and like it was just trying to be II but stupider.
>>
File: SMT Raidou.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SMT Raidou.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>175015167
I honestly don't even care desu. If Atlus goes under, it's because they keep releasing the same shit with different animu skins, except it takes them like twice the time to make games as other people it seems like, unless they're just lazily reusing everything or busy remaking every single last gen game.
>>
File: SMT SJ1.jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SMT SJ1.jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: SMT SJ2.jpg (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SMT SJ2.jpg
100KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: SMT4.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SMT4.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1484543173077.jpg (434KB, 1694x2398px) Image search: [Google]
1484543173077.jpg
434KB, 1694x2398px
Vote for best mainline game here
http://www.strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
http://www.strawpoll.me/12100304

ETERNAL BATTLE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL
>>
>>175018590
Can you post the image? I want it also.
>>
File: SMT 2 poster.jpg (1MB, 2405x3600px) Image search: [Google]
SMT 2 poster.jpg
1MB, 2405x3600px
>>175022616
Took a second on google, was the third one in images. Step it up senpai
>>
>>175023000
This has text all over it, it's gross!
>>
File: Chiaki185_9826.jpg (44KB, 185x255px) Image search: [Google]
Chiaki185_9826.jpg
44KB, 185x255px
>Demi fiend sleeping
>Phone starts to ring
>Pixie: "Ugh, who could it be at this hour"
>*Cute music starts playing*
>Chiaki: "Hi Demi."
>Chiaki: "Sorry to text you so late."
>Chiaki: "I was wondering if you have plans for tommorow? I'm going to crush the weak under my heel and I'd appreciate if you came along."
>What will you do?
>Accept
>Decline
>>
>>175023692
>Implying that does't add to the overall antithetic

>>175023724
Accept
>Next Persona game has you kill your friends for reasons
How would you guys feel about Persona then?
>>
>>175024180
Indifferent as usual. Would be funny to watch the personafags react to that.
>>
>>175024180
If that were to happen then I could finally rest in peace knowing that Persona was just a giant learning exercise to (slowly) get normalfags into SMT.
>>
>>175024256
>Personafag waifus Law gal
>goes chaos
>has to kill his waifu
Would be pretty sweet

>>175024418
Persona 5 is taking a bigger intuitive then P3/P4 to get normies into SMT it seems with negations and stuff.

Hopefully Atlus markets SMT x Switch as well as P5. I think they will since they showed that teaser in the switch presentation
>>
>>175024703
two of my boys played P5 and enjoyed it so much that they're interested in the SMT HD project. I hope it comes out on more than just switch but I highly doubt it will.
>>
My compendium is at 106% and I have all the demons from Nemechi and all the standard ones. Do I have to get the final forms for Zeed as well? Two of them were at Type 1 in the Compendium.
>>
>>175024180
>first fusion tutorial results in dagda
>he's the games mascot
>>
>>175026956
Likewise. But in some presition it seems that SMT x Switch is for PS4 as well. Which is good since I only used my PS4 and got it for Blood bourne and now P5 and that digimon game with art from Yusuda.

If its only for switch then it looks like am buying a switch then
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 1185x874px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 1185x874px
>>175026956
Well, it's going to take forever to come out anyway. It's going to take even longer to come over to the US. By then, I'm sure the Switch will have a decently sizable userbase. If SMT HD is marketed correctly, it could do quite well. But it all depends on what the game is and how Atlus and Atlus USA handle marketing.
>>
In DDS1, why does iron stomach sit right next to a 50k macca mantra right next to AP divide when
>Ache only happens at this point due to use of Devour
>Devouring requires more strategy and/or longer battles and Ache prevents reward from said strategy and/or longer battle, treating it in a way similar to how most other games penalize you for using a quick cheap strategy, like casting Death on all your enemies
>There's only 3 skills under demon beast, one of which is just random devour
>Ache is fucking annoying and looks as if its basically just set up to be an "unskilled" penalty so you have to actually set someone up to use devour at an already existant cost of using a skill slot.
>>
>>175027569
I'm not mad, I'm just confused.
>>
>>175027552
Says HD project and not SWITCH project so lets hope it comes to more platforms. PC included please ffs

>>175027404
>Reverse your Social links boyo
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 1200x675px
>>175027708
I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Remember that the site was up before the Switch presentation. It could have said HD project because they wanted to keep the fact that it was coming to Switch a secret until the presentation. It would be awesome if it were multiplat though.
>>
>shido is flynn
I knew I recognized that voice. Guess we know what would happen to Flynn if the nukes never launched.
>>
>>174999183
I thought everyone was being an asshole to Lucifer for no apparent reason in Apocalypse. Him and Chaos were the second best group in the game because Adramelech, Lucifiuge, Belial, and Samyaza had some personality. The Lucifer being a pawn for YHVH was a major letdown because Atlus couldn't do one simple job and add Helel sprite to game to reflect that he's a servant of the lord.
>>
>>175013230
How can you hate on Doi? The artbook revealed that he does understand mythology and some of those designs could've made it to the game if the writing wasn't shit, or the writers weren't fapping to Inanna and Toki.
>>
I've been trying to get my alignment back up to neutral in SJ ever since going chaos

Is there another way of affecting alignment other than dialogue choices?
>>
>>175028790
>no Helel 3D HD model in P5
Really worried they might drop it now

>>175029028
Talk to the pixie in the village. Its in the tips and tricks
>>
>>175027545
speaking of which, is that Digimon game any good?
>>
>>175023724
>Pixie: "You need to sneak into a Dungeon tomorrow, you don't have time for that"
>>
>>175027569
For now get everyone to devour equally, just wait until that amount of money is not such a burden.
>>
File: CutInCom_0_06_14.000-2.png (61KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
CutInCom_0_06_14.000-2.png
61KB, 512x256px
>>175023724
Will she crush my head on Valentine's if I bang Nekomata and Pixie too?
>>
Anyone got a link to the DDS Integral soundtrack? The link in the OP is dead
>>
>>175029070
Yea its pretty good. Am a sucker for Mon games though but even then the models look good. The Apocalypse happens as well it reminded me a bit of Digimon tamers (Season 3)

Its long as fuck and I stop playing because I got hit with a wall but I plan on finishing it after P5 NG+ There is a sequal to it coming out. And the Digimon game am talking about is Cyber Sleuth not digimon world
>>
>>175029063

I don't think I'm far enough into the game for that

Oh well, I guess I'll be chaos for now
>>
>>175014396
No, it's sorta implied that Inanna was keeping herself alive by birthing hordes of demons faster than you can kill them.
>>
So apparently all these years I've been wrong about SMT. I thought the teacher was the neutral hero, like the fact that she can't do anything because her sponsor doesn't exist symbolizes the long shot humanity has.

How the hell is Isamu and his enablist reason supposed to represent neutrality?
>>
>>175030346
Stop trying to force alignments where they don't belong mate. Some games don't have alignments, and that's OK.
>>
>>175030346
Every Reason representative is law, the teacher is neutral, and Lucifer is chaos.
>>
>>175030610
But the other two reasons are basically chaos and law, just with the types of demons switched
>>
>>175030346
think of it like sitting back and watching the action unfold. everyone can choose what they want to do. also, I didn't even know nocturne has alignments.
>>
File: 15730_134781.jpg (223KB, 1409x1392px) Image search: [Google]
15730_134781.jpg
223KB, 1409x1392px
This album is fucking great.
>>
>>175030760
Name?
>>
File: 1446276517327.png (155KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1446276517327.png
155KB, 500x376px
>>175030913
ATLUS Best Selection Megami Sekai Megaten World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mSIBFvmJSQ
>>
>>175030346
The devs said outright that Nocturne is all chaos, all the time.

The various reasons are just various kinds of chaos mentalities that exist.
>>
>>175030760
FLAC link plz
>>
>>175031336
so to sum it up:
SMT2 is a very law heavy game, and most people here couldn't care for it.

Nocturne is a chaos heavy game, and most people here love it.

Final is a neutral heavy game, and a lot of people here hate it.

So /smtg/ is full of autistic chaosfags and virtually no neutralfags? nice to know.
>>
File: Sever ur Ties.jpg (70KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sever ur Ties.jpg
70KB, 512x480px
>>175032289
Law fag checking in
>>
>>175032289
It's not really that simple. Most people like Nocturne because it was pretty goddamn fun.
>>
>>175032289
You can like or dislike any game while having whatever alignment you want. Don't be dense.
>>
>>175031459
>FLAC

I wish
>>
>>175032489
>>175032547
and here come the autistic chaosfags with their inane damage control.

it's ok, guys, it's all right to be biased towards video games based on babby-tier philosophy, just know you guys are a joke in the patrician scene
>>
>>175018358
How have I never seen this If... one?
>>
>>175032579
I just need to but these damn CDs and rip them for everyone, but they're stupid expensive and also CDs.
>>
>>175032667
Sure, I agree.
>>
>>175032971
Yeah, they are either obscenely pricey or cheap on second hand JP sites that don't do international shipping.
>>
>>175033309
You should be able to use a middle man service then quite easily. Try shoppingmalljapan It's like five bucks or so and I had a pretty good experience using them.
>>
File: IMG_4447.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4447.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
is my sera good?
>>
>>175033567
Just make sure you give her opposite skills and stats as serph.
>>
>>175033309
>>175033560
in that case, is there like, a list of the Megaten soundtracks available on CD?
>>
>>175032971
So you downloaded it or heard it on youtube?
>>
>>175033821
check on vgmdb.net it usually lists obscure CDs even those fan re-arrange albums in some cases
>>
>>175033840
I've aquired what I could from the sticky and other sources, but I haven't purchased any yet. I've listened to many on youtub but the audio quality is trash. I guess I have no idea what you're asking tbqh
>>
Open world SMT game when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69xKtGiJtX8

Fallout NV with demons/negitions/fusing would be pretty fucking dope.
>>
/pg/ is literally build of shit when it comes to discussing alignment

Are the Persona protags neutral throughout all the games and is Philemon a lawfag?
>>
File: 1469436015523.jpg (177KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469436015523.jpg
177KB, 1280x1024px
>>175034417
>Fallout NV with demons/negitions/fusing

I want this. Badly.
>>
>>175034571
It cant be THAT hard to mod in right?! Lets get to it /smtg/

Joshua Graham would be the best Lawfag since Amane
>>
>>175034571
I really can see this theme working, but I doubt the Atlus devs have the skill to pull it off.
>>
>Can't open a door because my stats are too low.

Fuck you YHVH
I put all my level up stats into only magic luck and agility
Fuck
>>
File: Screenshot (371).png (908KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (371).png
908KB, 1366x768px
>>175034724
Almost everyone would go Law just because of Graham alone if he was a Law rep in a SMT game.

Helps that he got a great voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34A-ODy9u1Y
>>
What demons would Flynn use if he was a Super Boss of a game?
>>
Does anyone know if >>175034984 can be fixed with incense abuse? I'm currently on NG+ and I really really wanted that Chaos armor in the last dungeon.
>>
>>175035285
Cute ones.
>>
>>175035285
Masakado, Koga Saburo, and Asmodeus, probably.
>>
>>175035398
>>175034984
What game? I dont remeber needed stats to open a door in SMT 1 or 2 but its been a while. I also didt know SMT 1 or 2 had chaos armor. I know SMT 1 had Messiah armor
>>
>>175035671
it's in yhvh's universe in final.

>>175035398
yeah. I think some of the stats have to be at 200 or something ridiculous though for some of the doors.
>>
There's a saddening lack of Ashera hentai.
>>
>>175035186
NV was truly an amazing game and I wish Obsidian would make more open world games because bethesda has been droping the ball and is kinda shit now.

Until SMT x Open world happens, Ill just play morrowind and pretend to be a demon summoner. and always kill the gods in that game.
>>
File: God YHVHoward.jpg (261KB, 455x489px) Image search: [Google]
God YHVHoward.jpg
261KB, 455x489px
>>175036073
Hate to say this, but, we're just gonna have to accept that Todd is God now.

> Ill just play morrowind and pretend to be a demon summoner. and always kill the gods in that game

Sounds like fun.
>>
When will physical skills stop being linked to mp? This is one reason I like Persona more.
>>
>>175037023
SMT V
>>
>>175037023
Really dont know why they did this shit with SMT IV

>>175036403
It is. Conjuration is the bomb in Morrowind. Summon as much demons as you want. I just wish Morrowind was a bit harder like, your enemies can do the same kind of broken shit you can do or something. But I know its just a dumb dream.
>>
What does the "curse" status effect do in SMT2?
>>
>A persona game brought back getting items from demons

Man I hope SMT 5/HD has this shit.
>>
>>175037752
Phys skills costing MP started in SJ.
>>
Which one of these should I try next?

SMTIV
IVA
DS2RB
DS2OC
>>
>>175041698
>DeSu2OC
U mean DeSu 1 OC

and why would you start SMTIV:A before IV?
its a sequel to IV.

I say IV but if you love Srpgs then I say OC
>>
>>175041956

I just went onto Freeshop and tried to look for SMT stuff. Soul Hackers, IV/IVA, and DeSu 1 and 2 were the only ones there. Since I just beat SH, I want to see what the other games are like.
>>
Which demon is the best at giving cummies?
>>
>>175043227
Mishaguji
>>
>>175043227
Lailah
>>
Will we see another mainline smt on playstation bros? I miss it
>>
>>175045059
I hope so. I'm tired of these shitty handheld games.
>>
>>175045059
i dunno bro, maybe make a petition?
>>
File: u6DgGcD.jpg (62KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
u6DgGcD.jpg
62KB, 720x405px
Is she, dare I say it... /ourgirl/?
>>
>>175042612
>>175041698

>Since I just beat SH, I want to see what the other games are like.

Persona 1 on PSP (with original music patch) and SMT1 on iOS are most similar to SH that are actually translated

Out of the ones you listed though, I guess go for IV
>>
File: nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.png (14KB, 509x399px) Image search: [Google]
nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.png
14KB, 509x399px
Did the 3rd Digital Devil Story ever get translated?
Also anyone know what the fuck happens in the rest that seemingly don't actually exist?
>>
File: 1489593331749.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489593331749.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>goho-m is pun on "go home"
woah
>>
>>175045059
I thought the new SMT was going to be on PS4 and Switch
>>
Playing Soul Hackers atm but have a couple questions.

I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with Zeed. Right now I just fused him with a strong physical demon so he can auto attack, but also has some support skills but he doesn't feel all too useful at the moment. Any suggestions? Also do I need to revert him to Dolly Kadmon and then fuse with a Hero demon to get the transformation?

Also, is it worth selling a Dream ticket or should I use it? The demon it would apply to is Katakirauwa
>>
>>175047194
Just give me at least japanese version.
>>
>>175046256
SMT 2 is also translated (fan) but it gets the job done

>>175042612

Also SJ is another first person dungeon crawler like SH so check it out. Its getting a remake/port on the 3DS with more demons and another route so wait if you want
>>
File: img_cdcover.png (1020KB, 660x700px) Image search: [Google]
img_cdcover.png
1020KB, 660x700px
what is this
http://megaten.extsm.com/
>>
>>175048857
looks like a drama cd maybe?
>>
>>175003725
>Apoc
>none of them
The divine powers were good
>>
File: AriochSMT.jpg (1MB, 1976x2432px) Image search: [Google]
AriochSMT.jpg
1MB, 1976x2432px
hey its me ur persona
>>
>>175004220
The presentation of The Divine Powers could havd been so much different. They should have filled the vacuum after Lucifer and Merkabah are defeated, instead of being able to wage war against both of them right off the bat. Would be fitting for Lucifer warning you against it, too. And the fact that you cannot side with them is the game's greatest crime, but at least Odin is getting a new chance in SMT V.
>>
>Devil Summoner untranslated
There's a script, right?
>>
>>175049875
I'm pretty sure, but no one with the knowhow has the will to insert it into the game
>>
>>175035285
Minotaur with Labrys Strike
>>
>>175049932
You fags. Why do we do nothing but spend time on Anatolian slate etching boards?
Fuck this, if no one figures it out in 5 years, I'm learning myself.
>>
>>175050119
Someone is apparently doing the PSP version. Don't expect it anytime soon though.
>>
>>175050119
>Altus announces an enhanced port that's getting localized as your doing the finishing touches on it.
>>
>>175050348
When are if... and Persona 1 going to be remade in the PQ engine?
>>
>>175050417
PQ was boring as fuck dude
>>
>>175050417
id rather have them updated on the P5 engine
>>
File: 1488353834027.jpg (92KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1488353834027.jpg
92KB, 960x638px
Attempt number 13 on the last bossrush in DeSu OC.
>>
File: 1921281274612341.jpg (77KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
1921281274612341.jpg
77KB, 1200x960px
After someone mentioned the hard mode hack for Nocturne a few days ago I gave it a shot and I'm just dying over and over again in the tutorial. Is the entire game going to be like that because if so I don't even feel like resetting for another three hours to get through. The tutorial was already pretty shit on hard mode but this is beyond silly
>>
>>175054415
>guys i started playing hard mode and it's hard will it stay hard
>>
>>175054524
Well that hack advertised that it rebalanced a whole bunch of shit, INCLUDING the tutorial section to "make it harder but more fair". But it pretty obviously didn't do shit to rebalance it and just made things hit so hard you have to reset over and over until you dodge everything.
>>
File: 62124197_p0.jpg (82KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
62124197_p0.jpg
82KB, 900x675px
>>
>>175051870
Good luck son of man. Its my favorite boss in SMT I think. Fun as fuck

What route did you go?
>>
>>175054760
I don't get it.
>>
>>175055138
nanashi
>>
File: 1492609372347.jpg (201KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492609372347.jpg
201KB, 500x750px
>>175054875
Amane.

I got to the last fight yesterday but messed it up. It's totally doable but RNG is just not with me today.

I really want to finish it up because the sequel is dropping in my mailbox today.
>>
>>175029265
>I wrote a comment without fully explaining the context at all (and they start thinking I'm referring to something else on top of that...)
>Just generally horribly explained
This should teach me to write comments right within the few minutes before I leave for work.

You mentioned devouring equally? I assume that has to do with AP Divide, but honestly I was just looking at Iron Stomach which I, by sheer chance, happen to know will prevent ache.

I don't really have any major issues right now with devouring equally. I'm not really having too many issues with the game at all, really.

The only thing that bugs me just a little bit is that they didn't quite design ache the way they should've.
Like, its inherent from the design of devour that you will end a lot of battles with it.
Why then did they make it possible for this sequence of events to transpire: 1) Defeat last/only enemy with devour 2) Get ache status 3) Battle ends with no chance to recover from ache 4) AP and XP are tallied. No AP.

I got frustrated a few times with this because sometimes I'll be on my way to switch up my mantra after one or two of my characters mastered their current mantras and I'll go up against an enemy thinking I'll just give all the AP to a character that hasn't mastered their mantra yet, but then just as the battle ends my character gets ache and I'll get 0 AP.
That makes no sense to me, especially since the odds are against it happening thus making it still worth doing.

Its not so bad. If they designed it so either you got ache *after* the AP is tallied for the battle that causes the ache (with a little textbox message or something to inform you), there was an actual meter for how 'full' you are, made it impossible to get a he after the last enemy is killed, or did actually quite a number of other things to prevent this situation, there really wouldn't be any problem.

But I guess its obvious how they would overlook this...
>>
Are there any good video playthroughs of if... where the person playing gives at least some translation of the story and also isn't annoying?
>>
>>175056648
Yeah
>>
>the final boss of dds is THE FUCKING SAVE POINT FROM NOCTURNE
And I thought capcom were masters of reusing assets.
>>
>>175057269
nah the captain is fromsoft
>>
Nobody likes Soul Hackers except people who don't give a shit about gameplay and just want muh atmosphere and muh demon waifus.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>175057558
delet this image
>>
>>175057558
That's nocturne
>>
File: Devil's fuge 2.jpg (21KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Devil's fuge 2.jpg
21KB, 256x192px
>>
>>175056051
Amane is one of the only good law routes imo. And its one of the funnest in DeSu 1. 8th day is great as well
>>
I love memes
>>
File: QuetzalcoatlSMT2.jpg (607KB, 1780x2508px) Image search: [Google]
QuetzalcoatlSMT2.jpg
607KB, 1780x2508px
>Best Atmosphere: Nocturne
>Best Gameplay: Nocturne / Digital Devil Saga
>Best Story: SMT2 / Persona 2
>Best Dungeon Crawling: Strange Journey
>Best Demon Recruitment: Soul Hackers
>Best Characters: Persona 2 / Digital Devil Saga
>>
AFTER SO MUCH WHINING

AND HELP FROM THIS THREAD

I FINISHED MY FIRST NON-PERSONA SMT GAME

DEVIL SURVIVOR OVERCLOCKEd

FUCK BEL

FUCK MIDORI

REEEEEEEEEEE SO GLAD TO BE DONE
>>
>>175059136
>Best Demon Recruitment: Soul Hackers
?????
Soul Hackers demon recruitment is ass
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131KB, 1440x1080px
Playing Nocturne, how do I fuse New Jack?

Is there a side boss I have to beat, or is there another demon I have to hold on to? I couldn't find anything about him on FAQs
>>
>>175059212
I don't think it's ass, it's a slightly expanded SMT1/2 system.
The demons themselves are ass.
>>
>>175059137
Kill yourself
>>
>>175057558
I want to play it for the great music and demon husbandos.

Would I be disappointed?
>>
>>175059283
Stop that I take pills every morning to not think like that
>>
>>175059368
No, you will most likely have fun. Don't be surprised though that other people didn't like the game.
>>
>>175059487
I've heard that the mechanics were outdated(?) as it's a remake and all, but as long as it's not really broken or a chore I don't particularly mind.

Have most people here played it, or is it a game that a lot of people parrot things about?
>>
>>175059212
Nah. It's easily the best when it comes to negotiations. If you didn't like them you probably don't like talking to demons in general and would rather just have something like fucking P4
>>
>>175059463
Make me bitch boy
>>
>>174992046

Do you think they'll use press turn or demon co-op for Deep Strange Journey?
>>
>>175061973
Both
>>
>>175059707
I played it, I don't know if other people have, but I didn't like it.
>>175061973
I haven't seen any info that would point to them changing the combat system.
>>
>>175061973
Probably Persona's One More at this rate.
>>
>>175061973
It still uses the same system from the direct video
>>
File: 1294882711143.jpg (124KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1294882711143.jpg
124KB, 960x720px
>>175057665
Just got wrecked on this mission yesterday. Are the rest of the bosses this bullshit?
>>
>>175069290
He was one of the easier ones
>>
smt sucks
>>
Just wanted to say p2 IS combat and negotiations suck ass. Other than that I really like it. According to the pastebin I shouldnt bother making better personas either?
>>
>>175074315
The combat is fine though.
It's just a timeline combat system similar to FFX, but with autobattle.
>>
>>175073983
;_;
>>
File: 1492266743254.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492266743254.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>mfw I still haven't played SJ but I've played everything else
>mfw I am not interested in the remake at all, can't exactly put my finger on it though

>>175074315
I want to play both Persona 2's through again. Dat Velvet Room. I find them comfier to play with guides so I don't get upset over missing rumours/Personas.
>>
>>175074648
Its not awful but its terribly slow and doesnt explain how fusion skills work for example. I've just discovered its chrono trigger like in the battle vs the principal because they combo'd two Agis. Idk the game seems fun but they didnt know what they were doing with the ui's desu. Maybe im just in a bad mood and not used to it.
>>
>>175074961
Its my first time so I dont wanna use a guide but Im not used to not fusing persinas and I think thats whats confusing me more. I've been at the velvet room but I still dont fully understand how to get new ones or if its even worth it
>>
>>175075293
Dude just use a guide, there is absolutely no shame in using one for the P2 games.
>>
>>175075108
Ok, I agree, the game doesn't tell you how it works very well at all.
The PSP version is even worse because it tries to force the game into some weird pseudo P3/4 ui and it doesn't work at all.
The fusion spells work by passing turn on the members that are earlier on the timeline so the characters participating in the fusion spell act at the same time.
You find out fusion spell by varying the skills you use with the characters, which is something you should do anyway so you can level up the rank of the persona.
>>175075293
Getting new personas works by getting cards from demons and buying them from Kaneko in the velvet room.
You can also dump your old personas to Igor to get items after you've max ranked them.
>>
>>175075293
Honestly, use a guide. There is no way you're going to be getting Alice/Odin/Vairocana if you don't use one (or you're very thorough or lucky). I won't even mention mutations.

Are you playing the fan translation or the PSP version? I've only played the fan translation so I don't know if anything fusion-related was changed. Didn't like the whole "let's make P1/P2 look like P4, even though they're wildly different games" thing Atlus did with them. It's a shame there's still no "perfect" version of Persona 1.
>>
File: top_0469.png (159KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0469.png
159KB, 400x240px
this is some castlevania dawn of sorrow shit
>>
>when you've played them all realize that SMT nerds will still think you're a casual because you haven't played Nocturne
WHAT
DID
THEY
MEAN
BY
THIShttps://youtu.be/n6Ji9wSZqZM?t=172
>>
>>175077386
>when you've played them all
> haven't played Nocturne
Ehh?
>>
File: 1492822609528.jpg (88KB, 608x626px) Image search: [Google]
1492822609528.jpg
88KB, 608x626px
>>175077386
Ha.
>>
So when are we going to get the chaos version of YHVH who ends up being an actual bad guy and not like lucifer who ends up pretty much always being a cool guy? Why is atlus so biased against law and blaming everything bad in the series on law reps?
>>
>>175079769
Law represents western religion and nips hate western religion
>>
>>175080182
>>175079769
The one time YHVH and law ist shit is in Desu1. Even then chaos is just edgy shit with neutral being the only semi decent option half the time. Team maniax works on both mainline and desu games so idk what is going on there.
>>
Ouroborous is fuckin my ass /smtg/

What level should I be at for this fucker? I'm 40 right now. I'm also chaos alignment and there don't seem to be many decent chaos demons around this level

I'm tempted to use passwords once again
>>
>>175034724
>>175035186
I can't believe that /smtg/ is the group that finally gets me to play NV.

>>175030760
SMT doesn't have any albums with orchestral arrangements, right? I feel like that would be a really good thing.
>>
>>175059137
>SO GLAD TO BE DONE

Yep, sounds like an smt game alright.
>>
File: 1477396315686.png (337KB, 616x819px) Image search: [Google]
1477396315686.png
337KB, 616x819px
from a loyal friend
to a fuckable waifu
behold,
the future of Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>175084174
We did that last game.
>>
>>175077386
DEMI KIDS DARK >>>>>>
>>
File: 3jWkJpN.png (116KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
3jWkJpN.png
116KB, 500x278px
>>175081660
>not playing every black isle/obsidian game
>>
>>175080780
Your demons basically have to be all the same alignment to beat him. What's the problem? Is he healing your damage off too fast, is he overpowering you, what?
>>
>>175083396
Yeah but the sequel dropped in my mailbox today so I started playing that at once.
>>
Is there any good iOS emulators out there to play SMT 1?
>>
>>175084905
I managed to scrape together some chaos demons that knew fire moves and managed to beat it

Now for round two I guess

The unfortunate thing is I have almost no demons that can use buffs
>>
>>175059137
Grats my man. Tower of Bel is a really fun fight

Now go fight Lucifer the TRUE final boss of DeSu 1
>>
>>175090548
DeSu 2 has a slink sort of system so since you are a personafag you should like it.

AO gives you lucifer if you max him out so focus on him if you want the rest of your playthroughs to be cake. Purple Mirror is also another demon that is OP
>>
>>175091298
Oh, son of a bitch

I'M FUCKING NEUTRAL NOW

Gotta make neutral demons I gues
>>
File: 1421368833615.jpg (451KB, 1604x2484px) Image search: [Google]
1421368833615.jpg
451KB, 1604x2484px
>Isis in DDS1
FUCK YOU.
>>
>>175081660
It has one
https://youtu.be/epn7Ne7-iMc
>>
Playing SMT:A and have a question. Does alignment work like it did in IV or do we just outright choose an ending like Stephen kinda implied when we first meet him? I ask because a lot of the choices in this game so far aren't so much Law vs. Chaos as they are Nice vs. Dickhead and I'd really be annoyed if not being a douche forced me on the Law path.
>>
>>175097971
There are two major endings, and you can choose them at will, but if you choose an ending that contradicts the majority of your choices you will either lose all your items, or all the demons in your COMP.
>>
>>175097971
You get to choose, yeah.

There's two early endings, Law and Chaos, and then there's the Friendship and Massacre split later on which, while you can freely choose with a prompt, there are drawbacks based on how you acted throughout the game (For example, if you were friendship mcgee and go Massacre, you get penalized, and vice versa.)
>>
When Soul hackers 3DS was new, someone apparently wrote something in Java to solve the MAG Grab game but the file was deleted YHVH knows when. How do I git gud at it?
>>
>>175098463
>>175098769
kk, thanks!
>>
>>174992046
>people even on /smtg/ tell me Persona is good
>buy P5 because of this
>Animu cringeshit
>waifu pandering everywhere
>WOW JOKER UR SOO KOOL
and people praise this garbage?
>>
fuck

even after some brand new demons, ouroboros second form just fucks me

wave of death straight up ohko's my entire party, except for me
>>
>>175101207
you don't fight the second form until after you destroy the energy sources, right?

just take the time between fights to swap out for demons that can buff/debuff and then go to town since the regen'll be gone.
>>
>>175101151
if you just got the game you would be in the part where no one likes you at school and there is one girl who is to busy dealing with the fact that her friend (almost) killed her self because of her.

If you wanna shitpost go to /pg/ please
>>
>>175101151
>Animu cringeshit
>waifu pandering everywhere
>WOW JOKER UR SOO KOOL

That's the appeal of Persona tho. If you took those away, nobody would even care it exists like just about any other Atlus game.
>>
>>175013230
The samurai have got an awesome designs

and Doi's demons are great. Not his fault the kame rider guy drew a significant portion of the new demons in sMTIV
>>
>>175101779
ohhh that """""deep""""" moment that all the people call "on par with SMT"
Some girl gonna suicide because she was abused
Also cmon , i am close to the end and this is gonna be my first and last persona game if every one is like this.
Absolute garbage Harem/Shounen shit and is a disgrace they use demons for this.
This pandering is VN Harem levels of bad.
>>
File: Narcissus.jpg (1MB, 990x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Narcissus.jpg
1MB, 990x1607px
>>175101956
Sounds shallow and narcissistic to me.
>>
>>175101728
Do buffs transfer if you switch demons out?
>>
>>175102062
>ohhh that """""deep""""" moment that all the people call "on par with SMT"
No one called it deep, no one said that moment was on par on SMT. And there is only harem shit if you want it to be senpai. No girl is on your dick from the get go.

>and is a disgrace they use demons for this.
Now you sound like a spazz.
>>
Honestly P5 is't as anime cringe heavy as P4. Its rather grounded 'cept for that one part where Ryujii "dies" and all the girls kick his ass which was dumb.
>>
Are there any good SMT related channles on youtube? Fither is a massive faggot.
>>
>>175102594
I think Morgana throwing a hissy fit also falls under the category of anime shenanigans, otherwise I agree.
>>
>>175101956
Why are so called atlus fans the most bitter and critical of atlus and why are normies their true biggest fans? really boggles the almonds

>>175102252
they don't, but that shouldn't be a problem. just go and get some demons that can use rakukaja and tetraja and keep one of your fire spamming demons and the second form is a joke.
>>
>>175102809
No.
>>
>why are normies their true biggest fans? really boggles the almonds
Persona only fag detected
not even deserve a (YOU)
>>
>>175102880
He was being a massive faggot, but at least he admitted he was and said sorry. Its a shame how right after nu-persona is finally starting to head in the right track, Hishino left to make Re:fantasy and now fucking Wada (P4 spin off dude) is in charge of persona. Out of all the SMT games I played, P4 is the only SMT game I can say I hate.
>>
I fuckin did it, I defeated ouroboros

just barely though

I got really lucky and it wasted a lot of turns using mahama and didn't use that thing that gives status effects to everyone
>>
>>175103156
the only people I see liking persona on 4chan are the casuals and dudebros on /v/.

surprising that all I see is constant whining, moaning, and bitching about it on /smtg/, whose blanket of discussion technically does include persona.

and now that I think of it, the same goes for final as well. really gets those axon terminals heated up
>>
>>175103775
>/smtg/, whose blanket of discussion technically does include persona.
1 and 2 sure
The others? /pg/ exist for a reason.
I don't consider P3-5 megatens.
>>
>>175103209
I doubt they'll make Persona 6 until Hashino is back from his elf RPG.
>>
>>175103951
>I don't consider P3-5 megatens.
P5 has negotions and shadows are now have demon designs. That's more megatan like then DDS 1-2 Persona is my least liked spin off series and I hate P4 but fuck off.
>>
>>175104168
I hope his elf RPG has SMT demons. I would love a Medieval SMT game that is't last bible. God its enemy designs are trash

>>175104205
Can we talk about this for a second? Why is Persona just now finally leaning towards SMT?
>>
>>175104398
it's most likely a ploy by atlus to get more people into SMT.

Back with P3 and P4 there was no desire to do anything SMT related considering SJ wasn't really that big. With the success of 4 and Final, though, atlus is probably saw an opportunity for their purseowner buyers, which is probably why we're getting DSJ and SMTHD, with possible plans for SMT5.
>>
>>175104781
They kind of fucked up then by not putting Shin Megami Tensai on P5 then.

Hopefully SMTHD is't just for the switch
>>
welcome to /smtg/ where all we do is talk about how bad persona is
>>
>>175103000
Just telling it as it is. I'm not an Atlus dicksucker anymore. Their games are OK, but honestly I'm becoming almost indifferent to them since it's the same shit over and over. Like I don't know why people want this >>175104398.

Like, I'd like to see some different RPGs from them, not just slap some demons in there, shift this here and that over there and call it a new game. Might as well just put more effort into the actual mainline SMT if all you want is another SMT game.
>>
>>175105505
Nigga every spin off game is differnt. Persona has VN aspects, dds is akin to ff, desu is Srpg. You can't say it's the same sbit becuase they have the same enemy designs. Their enemy designs (smt demons) are one of and if not the best enemy designs in any Jrpg franchise out there so it's no wonder why people want them in more games you loon.
>>
>>175106110
They re-use demon designs because it's cheap. Not that that's a bad thing

These are really niche games, so them only having to design a handful of new things each game means they save time and money.

Those demon models in Persona 5? We're gonna be seeing those things for like the next 5-10 years
>>
>>175106570
Sweet. Only model that was kinda weak was metatron. The rest looked great.
>>
>>175103775
>using the word dudebros unironically
>thinking Persona is mainstream
>>
>>175107398
Persona fans are not different that Fifa/BF/COD/Halo fanboys anon. Also yes , persona is mainstream.
>>
>>175107602
lmao

P5 barely cracked a million units
>>
>>175107776
that's huge, every 15 year old is playing it
>>
>>175108221
You need to go outside more

or do something to gain perspective
>>
>>175108412
I think you do, nigga.

Even people that barely care about JRPGs have heard of persona at this point, if only for dumb shit like the homophobia accusations or ammo for the console wars.
>>
>>175107602
>Yo dude what yah favorite waifu bruh!
>>
>>175057558
I like its gameplay.

>but it's not a flawless 10/10 game
Whatever, I still enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>175108652
Heard of it, maybe, not playing it.

Also just cuz nerds on websites talk about it doesn't mean it's mainstream

Go talk to some rando on the street, they probably won't know what Persona even is
>>
>>175097836
Thanks, and I mean it. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. I fuckin love french horns, dude.
>>
File: Smt2-3.png (170KB, 1228x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Smt2-3.png
170KB, 1228x1079px
>>
>>175106110
Well that's good for you then, I guess. I don't want to bother with their games anymore beside Persona, which is the best they can offer and the definitive experience from Atlus. Like wow, DeSu, such a unique and novel experience. Basically a bunch of Persona VN segments, then throws you on some open field where the combat is basically just from any other game they've released lately. Feels like an SRPG second and they should've put more effort into their "mainline" game. If the fantasy game is just more slapping demons into shit and calling it new, they can wait until P6 until they get anymore money from me. Here's hoping it's something different and hopefully an ARPG this time. :)
>>
>>175108949
>heard of it
Well yes, if a large amount of people are aware something exists, then it's popular.

>nerds on websites talk about it
And nerds in colleges, high schools, universities...you do know people discuss vidya in public and not always just on fourchan slash vee and vee jee, yes?

>go talk to some rando
Most people on the street don't even know what fucking number president trump is, what the actual situation in syria is, and can't point out pakistan on a map.a good 70% of people are pretty fucking dumb and just care about their next paycheck and meal, dude
>>
>>175109931
GTAV is mainstream

GTAV has sold like 30 million+

Persona 5 has sold 1 million.

Also people being dumb has nothing to do with the argument. Persona 5 is not mainstream.
>>
>>175109806
fuck, dude, can you even enjoy plot, music, gameplay, any of that anymore without worrying about 'definitive experiences' and shit? it sounds like you just don't like video games in general, not even just atlus games, because you're so burned out on them. i'd suggest getting a different hobby then coming back or it'll lead to shit like this where you're complaining to a bunch of anons on a vietnamese tapestry board
>>
Need some help on P5, I'm trying to get Futaba Passionate Listener trophy in NG+ and I'm at the end of the 7th palace, is there any area in that palace or mementos where there are tons of enemies with AoE ailments?
>>
>>175110529
wouldn't it be better to ask /pg/?
>>
>>175103000
>be a normie
>become a fan of Atlus games
>suddenly stop liking them because anon said so

K.
>>
>>175110661
No one talks about any in-game tips there it's all
>MAKOTO IS GREAT
>MAKOTO IS SHIT
>GORO IS HOT!!!!
>PANCAKES
>MUH WIFE
>>
>>175110990
oh
that sucks, sorry
>>
>>175111042
It's ok, I don't like posting Persona here, but that place is fucking shit.
>>
>>175110290
If anything, people that care about that sort of thing are more likely to appreciate those things you mentioned more is why they'd look for the better experiences. You act as if there isn't a constant war for people's attention as it is, and people have other hobbies that garner the same attention with a limited amount of time during the day to be spent on them.
>>
MT2 has the best boss theme
>>
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3299/

Has anyone done a full run with this? Is it fun?
>>
>>175113261
I remember some other anon complaining about how much harder the tutorial level was despite what it claims.

Which is something, considering hard mode already is RNG.
>>
Guys its time to throw in the towel.....P5 is LITERALLY the perfect SMT game....we had a good run but its time to just let SMT go and play the much superior game, Persona 5......
>>
>>175113921
rip true megatent
>>
>>175113921
>SMT is no more dungeon crawler but just a VN+waifus
truly best line
>>
>>175114535
Desu was truly ahead of it's time.
>>
>>175114535
Persona 5 has the best dungeons in the series though
>>
Give it to me straight brehs, is Dagda a decent character or am I just biased towards liking him because I'm Irish?

I'm only like halfway through the game so far though.
>>
>>175114960
he's best after krishna
>>
>>174992046
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Ji9wSZqZM
>Shin Megami Tensei nerds still think you are a casual because you don't play nocture
What he mean by this?
>>
stop crossposting
>>
>>175114821
This.

SMTfags will still never acknowledge it because P5 has cute girls that you can date in it. SMTfags are basically like little children who are afraid of girls because they think they'll get cooties if they get too close lmao
>>
>>175114960
He's good. If someone tells you his ending is shit you should ignore them, they're just unable to disentangle what they think SMT should be and their own personal morals from what occurs in it and thus can't look at it objectively.
>>
>>175115142
Can't we all just get along?

I like both mainline SMT and Persona

For different reasons.
>>
>>175115142
>SMTfags will still never acknowledge it
false
played P5 and still mediocre compared by SMT
And
>afraid of girls
oh yes "chicks that suddenly want the D" and the constantly "OH JOKER U DA BEST" are not fatties weabo pandering.
>>
>>175048623
You can read the summary here
http://hiro.moo.jp/owariya/basic/story/basic3.htm
>>
File: 1429506100782.png (173KB, 694x708px) Image search: [Google]
1429506100782.png
173KB, 694x708px
>>175115142
The Amala Labyrinth is better than all P5 dungeons combined

>people unironically believe that Shido's Cruise or Okumura's Space Station are """"""good"""""
>>
Is Nocturne one of the greatest RPG's ever made?
>>
>>175115330
NONSENSE
FUCK LAWFAGS
>>
>>175115843
No
>>
>>175115898
Why not?
>>
>>175115843
The SMT series is actually bad

>>175115837
Big dumb mazes does not automatically make a dungeon good
>>
>>175115837
But the castle dungeon is SOO DEEP
You need to do A LIBRARY PUZZLE
Take that mainline!!
>>
>>175116030
I've been playing Strange Journey, and I'm in Fornax

There haven't even seen basic puzzles. I guess there were those teleporters in Eridanus, but that hardly qualifies.

I didn't know good dungeon design was just bland as hell mazes.
>>
>>175116030
Better than majority of nocturne dungeons desu
>>
>>175116662
>>175116797

SMTfags BTFO
>>
File: 1476104812829.gif (351KB, 419x233px) Image search: [Google]
1476104812829.gif
351KB, 419x233px
>>175118282
HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER
>>
File: 1492900193767.jpg (98KB, 498x597px) Image search: [Google]
1492900193767.jpg
98KB, 498x597px
>>175119409
SHUT THE FUCK UP YUKIKOE
>>
File: 1468568661362.jpg (100KB, 972x515px) Image search: [Google]
1468568661362.jpg
100KB, 972x515px
>>
>>175120889
The cutest king/messiah
>>
>people for falling for such obvious bait

Wew

Besides we all know that Desu OC is the only goof SMT game.
>>
>>175122252
Don't know about that, but it is thanks to DeSu that we have the best SMT girl
>>
File: -1964463009.jpg (615KB, 1686x1152px) Image search: [Google]
-1964463009.jpg
615KB, 1686x1152px
>>175122673
She is a bea in the manga
>>
>>175122252
Persona 5 has objectively better dungeons than SJ or Nocturne and is also a better game overall than both of those games. Its the truth, sorry if you cant handle it. Feel free to call this post bait if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>175122805
Definitely gonna start reading it soon.
>>
>>175122871
>a better game overall than both of those games
top kek senpai
>>
>>175123134
>N-no P5 t-totally isn't b-better!! It c-can't be!!!

Pathetic.
>>
fuck off back to /pg/
>>
>>175123370
Well in your amazing high quality post you claimed P5 had 'objectively' the best dungeons without explaining why or how.

I decided to respond with a similar quality post, friendo :^)
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>175123370
>>
File: 1611141.jpg (226KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1611141.jpg
226KB, 800x800px
>>175122252
Nah 2 was goofier
>>
>>175090757
Dude what? Play the Super Famicom version, or play it on a $30 craigslist iPod touch, it only needs iOS 5 to run.
>>
>>175123707
DeSu3 featuring Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Survive series when?
>>
>>175050548
Fuck you buddy, you just suck at video games
>>
>played SMTIV/IV A/Persona 3-5/DeSu1-2
>finally get to nocturne
>it's the best one

HOLY FUCK I'M IN LITERAL HELL TRUDGING ALONG THE BODIES OF DEAD DEMONS I'VE PUNCHED TO DEATH
>>
>>175114821
no, no it does not. the broken stealth bullshit kills any good vibes the dungeons have.
>>
anybody have that meme picture of the incoming YHVH call?
>>
File: brudda.jpg (88KB, 579x493px) Image search: [Google]
brudda.jpg
88KB, 579x493px
>>
NEWS WHEN

>>175124364
play sj next
>>
File: 1493253588668.jpg (30KB, 321x482px) Image search: [Google]
1493253588668.jpg
30KB, 321x482px
>>175124730
>>
>>175124947
planning on waiting for the 3DS remaster. is that a bad idea?
>>
>>175125082
ehhhhhh. Doi's art and the new waifu both point to Major Tonal Shifts and that just doesn't sound okay.

there's a good let's play thread of it on the LPArchive, he goes really in-depth and it's a fun read
>>
>>175125339
waifu bait was added to Apocalypse too but it's still superior to IV. iunno, maybe if i got the SJ itch ill play the DS one but I have hacker one and if... to tide me over.
>>
File: 1020831.jpg (309KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1020831.jpg
309KB, 600x600px
>>175125082
How much do you like Yukiko anon?
>>
Was there some kind of rebalance in the US version of Eternal Punishment? I've played Innocent Sin on the PSP but for some reason EP has way fewer encounters and I actually have to grind. What's going on?
>>
>play nocturne first because /v/ tells me to
>get stuck at matador, realize on my own I have to abuse buffs
>keep doing that for a while
>get bored because that's literally all you fucking do for every fight, be it major or minor
>drop it around second kalpa
>move onto 3ds games, 4, Apoc, SH, DeSu 1 and 2, like them all to varying degrees
>play smt1, smt2, and sj, like them as well
>decide to maybe try out nocturne again, decide fuck it and move onto dds, raidou
>finally come back to nocturne
>begin to actually like it again, find battles pretty fun, begin to really enjoy atmosphere
>realize at some point my love is wearing off rather quickly, try to beat game as fast as i can
>begin to feel my disgust creep back as soon as i get masakados because i know all the voids will make the game into an even bigger joke
>get to final boss on tde, beat him, he's a pushover because le world of str and freikugel
>"To the final battle...where our true enemy awaits!"
>oh shit here it is, this'll be the hypest thing ever, THIS will redeem the game
>fucking credits begin rolling
Hol-ee mother of fucking god. How can ANYONE like this game? It's just such a fucking drag on every level, and this is the WORST ending I've seen in a megaten, no, any video game. How do people praise this shit unironically? Is it the music that sounds extremely dated, is it the atmosphere that I've seen done better in 50s Dracula movies, is it because it's their first game, what? It's more fucking tedious and easy than PERSONA of all goddamn things. And people say things like Final and DeSu2 are killing the franchise because ""muuuh waifus and muuuh persona"""? Well this fucking game killed the franchise for almost a decade and now I can see why. Fuck you, /smtg/, you bunch of mouthbreathing fucktard apes.
>>
File: 1352671652371.jpg (61KB, 784x522px) Image search: [Google]
1352671652371.jpg
61KB, 784x522px
Should I play Strange Journey or just go to Deep Strange Journey?
>>
>>175126567
>Well this fucking game killed the franchise for almost a decade
you sure about that
>>
>>175126567
i like it because it is metal and hardcore

i ended up getting to it after SJ, 4, and 4 apoc

i have a similar feeling in regards to SJ but i think SJ just maybe bullshit maybe our first game is likely to be our worst since we need to git gud
>>
>>175126990
deep
>>
>>175126990
you should stop tripfagging and kill yourself

>>175126567
calm your autism
>>
>>175127202
I like it.
Thanks.
>>
File: 1489798180046.png (87KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1489798180046.png
87KB, 500x369px
>>175127265
>>
>>175127265
Why would you even tripfag

are you that starved for attention that you're okay with everyone hating you just as long as you get your precious (you)'s?
>>
>>175127142
No mainline for almost a decade and P3 and P4 being the only megaten-related things people cared about until 4 came out? I'd say so. And SJ doesn't really count, and it didn't do well.

>>175127145
I got gud. It's too easy to get gud in Nocturne. I played every game on the hardest difficulty I had available and in none of them do debuffs and buffs shut down bosses like in Nocturne, and none of them have anything remotely as broken as the Magatamas could get. It's such a fucking pain to get through it since you're just throwing the same attacks at the same monsters with super low variety. the fact that there was barely any story for me to care about didn't help, either.
>>
>>175128001
This.

Nocturne is trash compared to P5.
>>
I'm starting Raidou 2
what should I name him?
>>
>>175128161
Raidou Raidou
>>
>>175126065
anon you're hurting me
a lot of my biggest issues with IV come from the awful characterization of the alignment heroes
there's this emphasis of like, YOUR FRIENDS ARE IMPORTANT but also the world is ending
also izzaboo is a trash character and ruined the game for me
>d-do you like my manga anon-chan

SJ is the series' last hurrah of the old games' tone and style, and it's a shining example of how great that style can be

i don't trust doi to handle it properly

>>175126347
persona 4 irritates me to no end but she's my favorite p4 girl
>>
>>175128105
No, Nocturne is bad compared to every other SMT game I've played. But it's still better than Persona.

Even Final shits all over P5. Your spinoff series is pathetic, don't take words out of my mouth and use them for yourself.
>>
>>175128351
Name an SMT game better than P5, I dare you.
>>
>>175128161
if you name him Raidou it asks who are you Raidou or Raidou the input name vs the title
>>
>>175128417
deez nuts
>>
File: 1460489689518.jpg (77KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460489689518.jpg
77KB, 358x500px
>>175128417
SJ
>>
>>175128417
Persona 4 arena
>>
>>175128541
>those godawful dungeons
>that awful combat
>that terrible music
>that annoying fusion system

LOL
>>
>>175128290
>emphasis of like, YOUR FRIENDS ARE IMPORTANT
There's about as much emphasis on that in 4 as there is in 1 or 2.

>world is ending
What? Are you thinking of Apocalypse? The world isn't in danger in 4, it's just you're choosing to shape it how you see fit.

>izzaboo is a trash character
Well, yeah, if you point out one aspect of the character and exaggerate how bad it is I suppose any character can be called trash.

>last hurrah of the old games' tone and style
How?

Doi will do fine. Don't be a pessimist.
>>
>>175128632
epin
>>
>>175128417
P4
>>
>>175128632
the only accurate thing you said was the music being irritating. dungeons are best in the entire franchise.
>>
Why is Final so much better than IV from a gameplay perspective?
>>
>>175128417
Well, I said Final shat all over P5, didn't I? And for how much I dislike it Nocturne is still a better made game.

The extent of P5's characterization for the main cast ends at like the 2nd palace, the plot is virtually nonexistent outside of beating up some local baddies, the combat is just regular SMT (though worse, because it has nothing that makes regular SMT combat good) with a bunch of flashing lights and colors to appease kids and autists (or both like you), music is nothing special and honestly was better in fucking Persona Q, and the shit they did with including demons and negotiations is embarrassing.

Final for all its faults had the Divine Powers and Krishna, all P5 has in the villain department is some twink detective and Demiurge being your classic lawshitter. I know which one I found more interesting.
>>
>>175129029
the overworld map was actually navigable for one
>>
>>175129029
More variety in demon types, demon affinities meant demons weren't just "use X until the next best demon type becomes available", demon specific abilities and fewer special demon fusions made them more desirable, more options for teambuilding through new status effects, hama/mudo change, smirking was fixed so that it wasn't retardedly powerful like in 4 and felt balanced, etc.
>>
>>175126557
The other way around really. Innocent Sin was already the easier of the two on ps1, and then they went and made it even easier on the psp. So the jump from IS psp to EP ps1 is very noticeable.
>>
>>175129029
STRfags finally back on top
>>
File: 1493087957164.jpg (23KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
1493087957164.jpg
23KB, 246x275px
Anybody got a clear data save file for Nocturne they could share? The PSN version.
>>
Why are Strange Journey's dungeons good

I'm legit asking. I'm in the fornax dungeon, and they've been fine, so far

Not really anything spectacular about them
>>
>>175130383
Because SMTfags need to try to convince themselves that P5 isn't better than every SMT game in existence

That cats out of the bag that Nocturne is shit so now they have to pretend that SJ is amazing so they can maintain some sense of superiority.
>>
>>175130383
EO's are just straight better at dungeon design.
>>
>>175130614
look, I love P5, but I was just trying to ask about SJ
>>
File: DemiFiendFight.jpg (107KB, 943x573px) Image search: [Google]
DemiFiendFight.jpg
107KB, 943x573px
Hi, /smtg/. I have a problem that's not directly related to Megaten games/manga, but I don't think /v/ or /pg/ know enough about Megaten to help me out.

I know that this is going to sound incredibly autistic, but I cannot function in social settings unless I imagine myself as a Megaten character. No, I don't go around saying "Hee-ho!" or try to summon demons or anything. I just feel myself with the overall demeanor of a Megaten character. I can pass off as a normie well with this.

I choose Megaten characters that already compliment my personality. My main 3 are Demi-fiend (When I'm feeling quiet but confident), YHVH (When I'm feeling a bit smug/cocky) and Nanashi (When I'm feeling a bit edgy). I also have a rotating list of Megaten characters that I can use. I've done Jack Frost, Yuriko, Metatron, Magatsu-Izanagi, Oni, Angel, etc...

But my problem is, I have a Christmas party with my co-workers tonight, and I'm not sure which Megaten character I should be. I want to be a bit more outgoing and talkative than usual, but not TOO much. I had a bad experience with Mastema this spring, when I got a bit TOO confident, so I don't want to use him. I'd like to try a SMTIV:FINAL character, but I'm not sure which once. I like Cleopatra, but I feel like she would make me come across as an autist. I was actually thinking about Raidou, but his chances of being in a new game hurts him a bit.

Do you guys have any ideas for a Megaten character that would be sociable and confident, but not too much so?
>>
>>175130049
NA version btw, if that makes a difference.
>>
>>175130614
I like P5 a lot, but I'd still probably put every other SMT i've played over it besides 4:Final
>>
>>175126567
I just like to punch demons in their faces for 50 straight hours.
>>
>>175126567
Kinda amazing how much you wrote and said nothing about the game
>>
>>175130614
good lord dude, we all actually played these games before P5. fuck off to /pg/ if you're just here to fucking troll.
>>175130383
my reason for loving them is part mechanics, part design. The speed, feel, and the way DS draws everything is just fucking perfect. Like, SMT has sluggish garbage dungeon crawling on the SFC, but damn SJ just feels perfect. I also enjoyed most of the dungeon designs, they felt good to go into blind, and when I was ready to smash my DS i looked up some maps. I'm a first person dungeon crawling fag, and SJ has done it the best fo far. Overall it was te most satifying SMT I've played. I felt like a fucking god-king at the end.
>>
>>175130383
ebin pits
ebin locked doors
>>
>>175130780
>christmas party
>>
>>175131198
yeah its a late christmas
>>
>>175130780
thanks for the retro pasta
>>
File: Majin Tensei (J) (V1.1)-0003.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Majin Tensei (J) (V1.1)-0003.png
4KB, 256x224px
Or perhaps he's wondering why is there an english keyboard, in a Japanese game computer.
>>
File: TK-2016-05-05-018-001-Harajuku..jpg (281KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
TK-2016-05-05-018-001-Harajuku..jpg
281KB, 1000x1500px
http://tokyofashion.com/photos/?location=Harajuku

If you look up Tokyo street fashion it literally looks like SMT NPCs
>>
>>175133781
Japs use normal keyboards nigga
>>
>>175133982
i love how SMT1 had sprites for pre-apocalypse civilians and they're only used for like the first 30 minutes of the game
>>
>>175134043
I thought they use these.
>>
File: RondeJapan.png (2MB, 1151x988px) Image search: [Google]
RondeJapan.png
2MB, 1151x988px
Just about to play this, what should I expect.
>>
>>175133982
Wow anime IS real.
>>
>>175134197
See how many you can guess are traps by the thumbnail
>>
File: dv106jp_white.png (55KB, 961x334px) Image search: [Google]
dv106jp_white.png
55KB, 961x334px
>>175134143

you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>175134556
Pretty sure it was a joke on their part famicom
>>
if there was one untranslated SMT game you could get in english, what would it be?
>>
>>175134858
Devil Summoner
>>
>>175134858
EOV
>>
File: Shin Megami Tensei if...png (698KB, 4096x3584px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Megami Tensei if...png
698KB, 4096x3584px
>>175134858
Shin Megami Tensei if...
>>
>>175134858
IF...
>>
>>175135235
this is basically translated tho, right? it's just in a inconvenient pdf
>>
>>175135156
This
>>
What are some other good First Person dungeon crawlers out there besides SMT and EO?
>>
>>175136335
arx fatalis
>>
>>175136335
Wizardry
Might and Magic
Elminage
Eye of the Beholder
Gold Box DnD games
Legend of Grimrock
Ultima Underworld
>>
File: darkspire.jpg (23KB, 425x382px) Image search: [Google]
darkspire.jpg
23KB, 425x382px
>>175136335
>>
I decided to start replaying Nocturne today. What's re recommended emulation settings for it in PCSX2? I wanna make it look super pretty.
>>
>>175137278
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/streamlining-megami-tensei-ps2-games.111194/
>>
>Atlus - the kings of reused assets - bothered to make a new model for slime Mara in P5.

We're getting a Nocturne remake, aren't we?
>>
File: tumblr_oncl5vQqdu1r2jog6o1_1280.jpg (150KB, 1276x633px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oncl5vQqdu1r2jog6o1_1280.jpg
150KB, 1276x633px
>>175137681
>>
File: SMTIII_Ad.jpg (561KB, 670x800px) Image search: [Google]
SMTIII_Ad.jpg
561KB, 670x800px
>>
>>175136640
>>175136740
>>175136814

Which one of these is the best for a dungeon crawler newfag?
>>
>>175137681
Damn, DDS runs bad on some machines huh?
I might grab em on PS3 if they go on sale.
Nocturne is one of the easiest to emu 3D games I've ever played.
>>175137909
God I miss Kaneko so much. The art for SMT2/3 is some of the best in video games.
>>
>>175136335
Operation Abyss is the most SMT-like dungeon crawler I've played in years, and the first game just got a Steam release. I highly recommend it.
>>
>>175137278
also make sure to get it running in widescreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTYo-WPdEjw
>>
File: Legend_of_Grimrock_screenshot_04.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Grimrock_screenshot_04.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>175137954
Legend of Grimrock since its a modern take on the genre that play more like a modern version of Eye of the Beholder. It is real time though and its pretty puzzle heavy too (tough ones too).
>>
File: uh oh.png (856KB, 1030x791px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.png
856KB, 1030x791px
Something seems amiss here. Also getting a weird juddering effect whenever there's any text boxes onscreen, is that normal?
>>
>>175135235

If.... you could finish your fucking sentence?
>>
Is there some website listing in which areas can you find each demon in SMT1/2?
>>
thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EvHAhK8J7k
>>
>>175138461
Behold, my desk.
>>
>>175139741
You're desk is a bit... different.
>>
File: 1492388184987.jpg (174KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1492388184987.jpg
174KB, 500x550px
>>174992046
why do people not like SMT 4/apocalypse? Sure there were some plot holes but the gameplay was super good and the characters/voice acting were great.
>>
>>175139845
Personally, it feels closer to the Persona series than the older SMT games. The core series really nailed that feeling of oppressive bleakness. Even for all the darker stuff happening in IV, it just doesn't have that feeling of dread, y'know?
>>
>>175139845
not enough hardcores, i got lost in tokyo, dungeons are MH maps
>>
>>175139845
They drew a girl and called it a boy
>>
>>175139845
It falls flat on just about everything
plot is shit
characters are shit
combat (despite the maymay that its the "best in the series) is bad
bosses are easy

let me just make demons that are the exact same as the last ones but with more hp/mp.
Custom tailoring demons will kill SMT, I felt like I was playing with cardboard cutouts with slightly better stats each time I fused.
>>
>>175139845
i fucking love Tokyo/Mikado
Is my favorite SMT
Samurai are fantastic with the contrast of Tokyo
>>
>still no HOMPs with ai frosts
>>
>>175140136
>WELL COME HE HO TO THE CAHEDRAL OF SHAHOS
>>
>>175140259
WHERE HEEMONS GATHER
>>
File: smt4f_new.jpg (347KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smt4f_new.jpg
347KB, 1280x720px
can all the SMT:FINAL babies go home?

>Hey I'm Nanashi, (Nanashi means no-name) and I cut my hair like a faggot and don't speak.

>Hey, I'm Asahi and I love Nanashi,- NO WAIT NO I DONT XD\ (I really do though ;)"

>Hey, I'm Nozomi and bananacakes.

>Oi ohm dahgda an kill ur friends XD

>I'm Danu, Don't kill your friends, Kill my son k?

>I'm hallelujah and I'm a half-demon and I think you're really cute Nanashi, you're just like me uwu

>Hi, I'm Navarre. I'm the same character from the last game, but I'm a shitty attempt at a mascot character.

>Hi, I'm Toki, Im here so Lolicons buy the game, However I'm way too fucking ugly to sell the game.

>Hello, I'm Steven and Atlus has no idea what to do with me anymore. Remember me from SMT1?

>Hello, We're Merkabah and Lucifer. We're nothing like we were in the last game. Here's what we want to do with the Yamato Reactor.

>Hello, I'm Satan my design is worse and-あなたの悪魔に頼る
>>
>>175139845
>>175139987
>The core series really nailed that feeling of oppressive bleakness.
This.
The story had cool ideas, and the gameplay was really good, and it was pretty challenging in some areas, which are all nice.
But all mainlines, SMT1 through 4 have fantastic atmospheres which 4A doesn't have. 4A feels like a Persona they tried to smash into a SMT.
>>
File: giga milk.jpg (110KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
giga milk.jpg
110KB, 500x500px
>>175140765
what if Nanashi was a girl
>>
>>175140765
>Toki
>Lolicons

I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>175140765
Lolicon here and I have no attraction to Toki.
Nanashi on the other hand
>>
>>175140917
because she looks like fuck ugly martian
>>
FUCK LAWFAGS

FUCK YHVH

FUCK YOU
>>
File: 1493009064208.png (82KB, 239x286px) Image search: [Google]
1493009064208.png
82KB, 239x286px
>>175141040
Looks like someone here is smart
>>
>>175140765
>Hi, I'm Toki, Im here so Lolicons buy the game, However I'm way too fucking ugly to sell the game.
Don't talk shit about my waifu you fuck. Toki was a mature young lady who loves her master
>>
File: 58731268_p1.png (159KB, 800x677px) Image search: [Google]
58731268_p1.png
159KB, 800x677px
>>175140765
Please leave IV:A alone, it introduced the best antagonists in the series.
>>
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
>>
File: tumblr_mbm7jpH8C11qc17mzo4_1280.jpg (480KB, 584x804px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbm7jpH8C11qc17mzo4_1280.jpg
480KB, 584x804px
Is if... translated yet...
>>
>>175140917
>>175140963

Who is Toki for?

Also for me I'd like SMT4 more if it wasn't on a trash handheld with trash screens. Not even trying to do that epic console war thing I just legitimately hate the 3DS hardware and wish Soul Hackers, Survivor and SMT4 got put on any other modern system.
>>
File: vandarkfrost.jpg (82KB, 274x618px) Image search: [Google]
vandarkfrost.jpg
82KB, 274x618px
>>175141040
FUCK YUU
>>
File: 1476673391398.jpg (159KB, 600x644px) Image search: [Google]
1476673391398.jpg
159KB, 600x644px
what about smt final sends me into an autistic rage?
I get fucking angry just thinking about it please help me
>>
>>175141158
Was there any new Demon art for if... I know all the bosses are new, but there's no actual artwork of them, just the sprites.

Hopefully it will come in Kaneko Works vol. 4
>>
>>175141158
It's AGTP so no, not when there's a few hundred other obscure games to be done!
>>
>>175141289
>>
>>175141238
It's a mainline game and it's shit.
>>
File: HikaruRender.png (223KB, 371x746px) Image search: [Google]
HikaruRender.png
223KB, 371x746px
>>175141238
>>
>>175141158

What's the next best thing to if...

I tried playing SMT I, but couldn't get into it. Would I have better luck with SMT II?
>>
File: agi man.png (104KB, 299x392px) Image search: [Google]
agi man.png
104KB, 299x392px
>>175141120
I brought Odin and Krishna to kill YVHV

But fuck fat buddah man
>>
>>175141317
Seriously, have you looked at the guy's twitter lately? The new hotness is an obscure Super Robot Wars spin-off. He's had games on his slate going on 15 years without much, if any progress, and he decides no, this new SRW game no one asked for is much more exciting!
>>
File: 1491784197249.png (3MB, 1824x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1491784197249.png
3MB, 1824x1026px
>>175141238
it BTFO out of yamai and right wing extremism
>>
>>175141289
I love fan-translations, but sometimes it seems weird to me how so many games almost no one has heard of get translations, but games belonging to popular series like SMT still go untranslated or for a while, something like Ace Attorney Investigations 2.
While something like Loli JRPG #23 gets full translation officially + VA work.
>>
>>175141490
guess I'll just go learn moon runes
>>
>>175141403
why wasn't she named lulu?
>>
File: SMTII-Aleph.jpg (68KB, 485x944px) Image search: [Google]
SMTII-Aleph.jpg
68KB, 485x944px
>DUDE UR AKTUALLY THA MESSEIH NOW WORK FOR US LUL!1111!!!!!!!!11

Why didnt Aleph stop to question any of this? Why did he blindly go along with everything? Is he retarded?
>>
>>175141542
He had a huge thing where one of the Tactics Ogre games had an official translation and release on PS1, but because the SNES version hadn't been translated, that had to be a priority. Then there was the whole Mystic Ark debacle, where someone sniped a translation out from under him.

AGTP may have been the ones to bring the SMT games to attention in the West, but someone else seriously needs to kick the chair out from under them and get some shit done.
>>
>>175141542
>Surprised a loli game gets translated
You dont know how depraved people are

On the subject of fan translations how is P2EP for PSP?
>>
>>175141721
he's a man-baby who was hooked into video games all day
>>
File: 765656879.png (800KB, 807x900px) Image search: [Google]
765656879.png
800KB, 807x900px
>>175141469
Agreed, it's incredible how fucking useful they remain from the moment you fuse them to endgame, Odin was my main physical attacker for most of the final dungeon and the first couple of Fiends; Krishna is a top tier debuffer and healer, easily my favorite Divine Power.
>>
>>175141856
So you're saying /smtg/ will willingly become lawfags?
>>
>>175142015
already did.
Law is for thinkers and patricians.
Neutral is for fedora tippers and neckbeards.
Chaos is the same as Neutral but with katanas and vape pens.
>>
>>175141735
Really? That's honestly stupid as fuck. I hate ripping on fan-translators, but really, if a game is in english in a playable state, theres no need to retranslate another version.
>>175141805
I know people will buy it for fanservice, but I just find it odd that companies think its a safer bet then the next game in a big series like Ace Attorney or something. Maybe loliRPG sells better.
>>
>>175141805

There is no translation for eternal punishment psp.

One of the reasons I will not start P2 yet.
>>
File: 1493268658508.gif (4MB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
1493268658508.gif
4MB, 480x324px
MFW some normie friend of mine enjoys Persona
>>
File: 1446097642663.png (26KB, 510x556px) Image search: [Google]
1446097642663.png
26KB, 510x556px
>>175142213
Feels good being Law.
>>
SMT should honestly be scrapped so we can have Persona 6 faster. I mean think about it. Nobody fucking buys these games, and the faster Persona is released, the more sales for Atlus.
>>
File: 1492290307967.png (222KB, 758x758px) Image search: [Google]
1492290307967.png
222KB, 758x758px
>>175142316
>extreme normie friend loves Persona
>me and another friend are SMTfags
>we talk about SMT so much when we hang out that he slowly gains interest
>will play SMT4 soon and then SMT3
We are converting him though if hes a fucking lawfag he can go back to Persona
>>
>>175142316
Haven't you heard? P5 literally made all of SMT irrelevant. Its one of the best games ever made and blows games like SJ, Nocturne and DDS out of the water.
>>
>>175142316
which personable
>>
>>175142483
This "p5 kills the SMT franchise" meme kills me because I dont like Persona but love p5 but also mainline. I like mainline more for sure but they can coexist.
>>
>>175142396
We should just accept SMT1, II, if..., Devil Summoner, Persona 1, and Soul Hackers as the old series and Nocturne, DDS1&2, and Persona 3-5 the new series

Persona 2 is the transition between the two

and Yamai should stop working on things like IV because he's clearly bad at it and work on Raidou again.

Get the Strange Journey/Radiant Historia/Tokyo Mirage Sessions directors to work on SMTV
>>
>>175130780
So did this guy ever get the help he needed?
>>
>>175142269
Yea but is't some fan translating site working on it

>>175142434
I FINALLY got my friend into SMT via DDS1-2 he loves the cast but he is in for a rude awakening when he plays Nocturne

>>175142570
I feel the same way. Its more P4's fault then P3 I think. But I dont like P3 all that much but love P5. Shame Wada is in control now just when it got good
>>
>>175141721
The SMT protags never question anything. Hell, Beelzebub outright calls Demifiend gullible for collecting the candelabras without knowing their purpose.
>>
>>175142681
It's a copypasta made by a self-loathing shitposter. It was like that from the start.
>>
File: 2420143-heroine.jpg (18KB, 206x640px) Image search: [Google]
2420143-heroine.jpg
18KB, 206x640px
>tfw no qt loyal girlfriend to keep me company in the demon infested remains of destroyed tokyo who always has my back no matter what and spams mazoinga on everything

JDIMSA
>>
>>175142824
I was actually thinking of the topic of copypasta earlier today, and how they usually start (or used to, anyway) with one autist being completely serious, but I guess these things are being made for shits and giggles now. Slightly disappointing.
>>
File: 1493259613125.png (86KB, 206x198px) Image search: [Google]
1493259613125.png
86KB, 206x198px
>>175142483
Yeah didn't you read the interview?
Persona is L I T E R A L L Y atlus's flagship now
SMT IS DEAD
>>
File: 1493009398190.jpg (100KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
1493009398190.jpg
100KB, 700x467px
>>175142712
I hope my friend enjoys 4. I figured 3 would be too lonely for him plus I think 3 is best enjoyed after playing other SMTs just to see how ambitiously different SMT3 is.
He knows what to expect and how to play them so I hope he has fun and sees the light.
>>
So for anyone here who played P5

do the enemy types ever get more complicated or am i just going to be hitting monsters weaknesses, knocking them down, and then all out attacking rinse and repeat for the entire game? Just got to Futaba and im struggling to find the will to continue.
>>
File: 1467944951837.jpg (34KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
1467944951837.jpg
34KB, 467x350px
>>175143187
>not holding them up for money
Jesus christ son.
>>
>>175143187
There's a common, higher level enemy in Futaba's dungeon that has no weakness, and a few more in later dungeons. I played Hard mode too and stuff always seemed to have a lot of HP even after hitting weaknesses.
>>
>>175143187
Yep. Thats the game. Most of SMT is just "hit the weakness and enemy die"
>>
File: 1474643512985.png (95KB, 223x236px) Image search: [Google]
1474643512985.png
95KB, 223x236px
>>175142434
>>175142316
Do you guys really have an issue with people enjoying Persona? I get that people shitpost and the SMT vs Persona thing is a meme, but sometimes I do wonder..
>>
>>175143412
Nah, in my case at least it's all jokes/shitposts. I like Persona (5, at least, haven't played any others beside it and 3 and I didn't like 3) but its just cool getting my friend into mainline when it's one of my fav series, and he's genuinely interested himself.
>>
Are there any weapons or decent items I can get by holding up enemies in P5, or is it always just junk you get?
>>
>>175143549
and to add, my other good friend loves SMT as well, so hes the only one that isn't into it so all 3 of us being into it would be fun.
>>175143562
I just took cash and bought what I needed. Demons I always felt never good items in SMT.
>>
>>175143562
I always check to see if the Item talk option is red and selected it if it was, otherwise I just AoA'd. I think I got quite a few useful items out of it, but still a lot of junk.
>>
>>175134154
>Entry so bad it killed the sub-franchise
Majin Tensei got reincarnated as Devil Survivor at least.
>>
File: 1436237560610.png (315KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1436237560610.png
315KB, 540x540px
>>175135235
>if...
I think you mean "Shin Megami Tensei: Fates: Conquest" or "Shin Megami Tensei: Fates: Birthright" or possibly "Revelations: Shin Megami Tensei: Fates: Persona: Be Your True Self".
>>
>>175143751
I just wish someone would translate the MT series. The second one has a great storyline, from what I've read.
>>
>>175143904
Apparently one of them did something like IV's Blasted/Infernal split before IV did.

>>175142832
>you will never borrow Nerve Bullets from your girlfriend before a nuke hits and she sends you to the spirit realm
Fuck, dude.
>>
>>175144145
Yeah, the second game, Spiral Nemesis. Go watch some footage of it, it's really impressive for a SNES game.
>>
>>175143904
>looked at translation progres
>40%
>last updated 2006
Fucking why do fan translators do this? Make a project and never finish it only makes other translators not fucking do them as well
>Aoin genisis
Of fucking course
>>
>>175143751
I'd say Kartia is the Spiritual Successor to Majin Tensei since it has the same team

Devil Survivor is the spiritual successor to Langrisser in that regard though
>>
>>175144463
Yeah, that's not counting the fact that it's been on his slate since about 2001. Of course, because of the way the fantranslation community works, because he's called dibs on it, no one else has stepped up to do it in the 16 years - 16 years! - since.
>>
Why do i need to pay my medbay bills?
Isn't this exactly what taxes are for?
>>
File: 1485180948872.gif (995KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485180948872.gif
995KB, 500x281px
>Play SMT 4
>Encounter
>They go first
>Megaton Press
>"Beyond the river is the land of the dead..."
Where are the null phys demons?
>>
>>175142660
>Get the Strange Journey/Radiant Historia/Tokyo Mirage Sessions directors to work on SMTV

Well, nothing is known about SMTV yet so we can hope.
>>
http://tradukosoft.tumblr.com/post/97790891230/persona-2-eternal-punishment-announced

Welp they droped it for no real reason it seems since the traielr they made is gone now
>>
Do we have a discord? I swear I remember there being on at one point but I could be mistaken.
>>
File: Screenshot_14.png (13KB, 618x81px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.png
13KB, 618x81px
Bowie is SMT confirmed
>>
>>175146618
Listen to Station to Station

Dude was on to some serious Occult shit
>>
File: 1484901915612.jpg (151KB, 975x962px) Image search: [Google]
1484901915612.jpg
151KB, 975x962px
>>174992046
>strange journey 2
my dong is preemptively expanded
they better fucking not put nu-smt characters and dlc in though
>>
I beat SMT Final a while ago and I'm thinking about giving it another play through. I went with a physical build the first time around, how are gun or magic builds? Are the all pretty viable?
>>
>>175147223
>strange journey 2
(lol
>>
File: C6pGfz5WgAIfPej.jpg (30KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
C6pGfz5WgAIfPej.jpg
30KB, 400x240px
>smt desu OC
>doing yuzu route
>most of my party is around lvl 48
>Barely kill Loki mission where he is lvl 54
>try next one and the guys are around 59

So I guess I really have to grind, but fuck why did they made Levels so important in this. Usually in other smts its not that important and more about how good the demon or strategy is. Here if you are more than 5 levels apart you notice it really strong.
>>
>>175147990
Get good
>>
What's with this general and responding to bait. No different from /v/ bait and response at times
>>175137705
>Maniax team works on it again
>free saving at any point is added
>>
>>175148148
more like get grinding free battles
>>
File: 1492630721960.jpg (299KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
1492630721960.jpg
299KB, 800x467px
QUICK LOCALIZE THE NAME SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI TO MAKE IT APPEAL TO A WIDER AUDIENCE
>>
>>175148167
Don't forget adding Demi-Chie
>>
>>175148490
True Goddess Reincarnation
>>
>>175147418
As expected of a frogjak poster, really.
>>
>>175148490
GOD PUNCHER
>>
>>175148490
Satanic Pokemon.
>>
Going to start playing Nocturne on Hard on NG+ Any tips?
>>
>>175148490
Persona: Digial Goddess Resurrection.
>>
>>175148490
demon summoners
>>
>>175148167
Saving at any point for Nocturne wouldn't really matter. That game has plenty of terminals/s-terminals all over. Fuck I'd argue my saving was more conservative in 4 than in 3.
>>
File: 031.jpg (99KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
99KB, 400x240px
>no affinities
DROPPED
>>
>>175149339
Shit posting aside, more news came out?
>>
>>175148490
Yokai phone
>>
>>175149339
what did affinites even do for buffs/debuffs? just less MP right?
>>
File: 2083040-heqet.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
2083040-heqet.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>175148682
PRAISE KEK
>>
>>175150361
Yeah, up to -50% cost, so it's pretty huge
>>
>>174992046
Hey guys! im currently playing nocturne thefirst time, doing a magic run. But im constantly asking myself what other stats should i level up, and how much.
Any tips?
>>
>>175150375
Thinking about maxing out one of these in SMTIV:A as a joke. What skills should I put on her besides repel wind?
>>
>>175057558
>Likes games with good atmospheric immersion over perfect mechanics
I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>175151027
I just tried to figure out why some people consider it a masterpiece and think that people who don't like it just don't "get it".
>>
So, I just finished SMT2.
>shitload of backtracking
>ways to trigger progress even more obtuse than first game
>takes like half of the game for the story to start going anywhere
>interface and movement shittier and slower than the first game

Why the fuck does everyone prefer this over SMT1?
>>
>>175151119
Oh, well I don't really have an answer for that. I've never played the game and I"m pretty drunk right now.
>>
>>175151295
>He fell for the SMT2 is better than SMT1 meme
Lol
>>
>>175151561
>>175151295
SMT 1 fags are delusional idiots SMT 2 is a masterpiece
>>
>>175152050
The only good character in SMT2 is Zayin. It's like they forgot to make the other characters relevant to the plot in any way.
>>
>>175152050
>>
>>175151295
>ways to trigger progress even more obtuse than first game
I agree with everything but this. I felt SMT 1 was way more obtuse then 2
>>
File: 1492669884312.png (52KB, 300x348px) Image search: [Google]
1492669884312.png
52KB, 300x348px
>>175152830
The gameplay is far better in SMT 2 what are you even talking about kiddo? Not to mention SMT 2 has more demons which and more plot events, SMT 1 has, "the happening" Lawfag dieing and chaosfag going full edge then the climix. SMT 2's story is where it truly shrines.
>>
File: Laughing Anakin.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Anakin.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>175120889
>Anal fucked Amane because vaginal was a Sin
>>
>>175153142
Most of SMT2 is doing a bunch of shit completely irrelevant to the story like fighting on the arena, collecting the Masakado parts, collecting the pillars, doing errands (kill x demon, save y person)

SMT1's tight storytelling is much better.
>>
File: [YASO MAGATSUHI INTENSIFIES].jpg (297KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
[YASO MAGATSUHI INTENSIFIES].jpg
297KB, 640x459px
>>175140128
>Samurai are fantastic with the contrast of Tokyo
I agreei. It's a real shame that IV:A didn't have anything important in Mikado besides the DLC and IV didn't have more of it.

Man, still thinking about IV with IV:As system and Twisted Tokyo Fiends instead of RNG fiends
>>
>>175153675
The setting of 4 with Mikado was so amazing, it's probably my favourite SMT setting.
It was the first one I played back when the deal came out with FE:A and getting a free 30 bucks (I had played SJ for like an hour before but thats it) and I had no idea the series took place in Tokyo or anything about it so when we go down the elevator into Tokyo my mind was fucking blown.
>>
>>175153628
>SMT 1 babies everyone
All those tasks set up to built up the world of smt 2. In smt 1 the world just got nuked while in 2 it's slowly rebuilding it stuff.

am just yanking your chain son of man I love both games but I just like SMT 2 more How smt 1 sets up its world in the begining is 10/10 though much better then F4 which had the same premise kinda. World getting nuked and u get Teleported to it.
>>
>>175153863
Smt iv setting is really fucking good and one of my favorites in SMT, but IV:A, I felt did a poor job. IV:A is just alot of mis opportunities but as much as I shit on it, it's still better then most if not all other Jrpgs in the market other then other smt.
>>
>>175154119
I 100% agree. 4A is a fine game but holy fuck it wasted that setting and a lot of potential.
>>
MY
>>
>>175157160
SEE
>>
>>175157194
MEN
>>
>>175157225
COMING
>>
File: Abel has spotted his fetish.jpg (30KB, 218x299px) Image search: [Google]
Abel has spotted his fetish.jpg
30KB, 218x299px
>>175157160
>>175157194
>>175157225
>>175157327
>>
>>175157575
Has anyone here fapped to a SMT character? Not counting Persona, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>175157632
Toki, my wife.
>>
>>175157632
Including Demons or no?

Answer's yes, either way.
>>
>>175157862

Hello Muhammad.
>>
>>175157862
I figured a 4A character would show up.
>>175157874
Demons do count, yes.

I'd prob fap to the teacher from SMT3 if she had porn
>>
File: 1491694990032.jpg (56KB, 479x463px) Image search: [Google]
1491694990032.jpg
56KB, 479x463px
>>175157632
No ho!
>>
>>175157946
As-salamu alaykum
>>
does anyone have the strange journey art where jack frost is holding on to the arm of the demonica suit guy
>>
Is there an in universe reason for the smirk system or does being a smug cunt just make you really powerful for no reason?
>>
>>175158096
Where's the full image?
>>
>Hey kid, swear the oath you won't betray us
>Kiss my ass
>well, fuck, I believe in you
10/10
>>
>>175159916
Best moment in that kusoge
>>
>>175160105
Yeah, great moment but I wish I had to fight some of those scrub Hunters because of that. Some of those fuckers had it coming.
>>
>>175159916
Thats the start of 4A right?
>>
>>175148490
Persona: SMT
>>
File: 1421726393752.jpg (113KB, 362x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1421726393752.jpg
113KB, 362x1000px
>>175158840
I think SMTIV talks about how 'perception' shapes shit, so maybe your confidence leads enemies to 'perceive' you as being unstoppable. If you look like you can't be hurt or that you're landing every hit then your enemies will think you can't be hurt, and therefore have a harder time hurting you.
>>
File: 1493217537223.png (48KB, 438x469px) Image search: [Google]
1493217537223.png
48KB, 438x469px
Be honest /smtg/ how much faith do you have in the current SMT developer team?
>>
>>175161353
Less than FROMsoft's b team
>>
>>175161353
As much as possible
>>
>>175161353
On one hand that switch trailer was pure kino.
On the other hand that told us nothing.
>>
>want to save law heros GF
>will turn me into law fag and off the true path of neutral
>>
>>175162243
>will turn me into law fag and off the true path of neutral

Not taking the path of God.

What kind of heathen are you?
>>
File: do i faggot.png (60KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
do i faggot.png
60KB, 500x437px
>>175162601
>being nothing but a vessel void of free will
and id rather not go full faggot and not go full animal with chaos.
fighting for man and taking the best of both worlds is what smart men do.
FYI jack frost is neutral so why arnt you?
>>
>>175160369
No. It's after the whole Tsukiji Konganji infiltration. After everyone finds out Nanashi is a puppet to Dagda and therefore suspected of betraying the Hunters when he and Asahi released Krishna.
>>
>>175161353
I have more faith in them than almost every single other developer team around.
>>
File: WVW69kR0upcGiXJl3G.jpg (209KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kR0upcGiXJl3G.jpg
209KB, 400x240px
>Lv 57
>Going 3 St, 1 Ag, 1 Lu

>Blight
>Javelin Rain
>Nihil Claw
>Grand Tack
>Mudoon
>Charge
>Spirit Drain
Any thing I'm doing wrong? Is Spirit Drain worth it or should I just switch it for some other physical skill?
>>
>>175162958
Why does Atlus have such a hardon for neutral?
>Law is a vessel void of free will
>Chaos is Lucifer himself tier.

Also, Pyro Jack best brother. (except in SMT because fire is a useless magic.)
>>
File: o1Z6bfQ.jpg (53KB, 1290x600px) Image search: [Google]
o1Z6bfQ.jpg
53KB, 1290x600px
Is the artwork of Nanashi pointing his finger at his head one of the most iconic/famous illustrations in the franchise now?

Swear to god you see it everywhere you go nowadays
>>
>>175162965
Oh yeah, I remember that now.
I think I chose "kiss my ass" as well.
>>
>>175163696
It reminds people of persona 3
>>
>>175163798
>I think I chose "kiss my ass" as well.
Only bondfaggots would not choose "Kiss my ass".
>>
>>175163696
Nanashi is a cutie :3
>>
>>175163448
>be controlled
or
>choose free will and fight gods
why would you want beings that have no part in the real world to swoop in and all of a sudden say whats right? like they know anything.
>>
>>175163696
anyone else do this for senior photo?
>>
>>175145285
You can get a demon with phys and gun res right in the beginning of SMTIV (that ghost warrior). Get him because he's pretty useful in the early game up to Minotaur.
>>
>>175142316
>My friend is enjoying something that has no effect on my personal life and that makes me upset.

SMTism is fucking sad.
>>
>>175161353
IV:A was shit but it's still better than most JRPGS
>>
>>175165771
tell me when it has a grope-mode
>>
File: lol wut.jpg (90KB, 480x750px) Image search: [Google]
lol wut.jpg
90KB, 480x750px
>>
>>175166314
Little did she know
>>
File: 1477449235753.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477449235753.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
>>175165771
The classic "it's a good game but not a good X game option select"
>>
File: 1444594263813.png (20KB, 510x556px) Image search: [Google]
1444594263813.png
20KB, 510x556px
>>175142316
>mfw I enjoy both SMT and Persona
>>
>>175165771
Exactly this.
>>
>>175165989
SMT Switch will feature demon petting don't worry.
>>
How should I organize my teams in DeSu? How important is placement on the map? How do I upgrade my skill slots?

I've only been using the hero so far. I just leave Atsuro and Yuzu at the bottom of the map because theyre useless
>>
>>175168504
Atsuro's a good melee/tank character for most of the game, you can use him right the way to the end. Yuzu's an okay mage, but you'll get better characters so you can sideline her before long. Each team, you want at least one of your demons in each team to have some kind of movement skill. Giving a character a demon with Evil Wave essentially turns them into a ranged unit. Double that up with one of the teleport or double movement skills and you have a handy sniper who can finish off enemies or soften them up nicely.
>>
File: 1461699576749.jpg (83KB, 791x999px) Image search: [Google]
1461699576749.jpg
83KB, 791x999px
>>175157632
>>
>>175157632
Lots of the demons. Anthony did nothing wrong.
>>
Should I play original Maken X or Shao?
>>
>>175150823
>nocturne
>magic run
You fucked up.
>>
File: hiroko2.jpg (244KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
hiroko2.jpg
244KB, 600x750px
>>175157632
Kinda hard not to.
>>
File: KWE.jpg (372KB, 1836x1540px) Image search: [Google]
KWE.jpg
372KB, 1836x1540px
>>175157632
Yes.
>>
>>175169828
Shao. If you get it running on PCSX2, let me know. I can't get that shit to work.
>>
>>175169828
It's worth playing the original just to see what it was like. I finished it, but holy shit was it hard. Shao's not perfect, but it makes a lot of needed gameplay changes, like super attacks not using health. The translation is a lot more accurate as well, and has a database that goes into the backstory, which is nice. The soundtrack was remixed between the two games as well, together they make one of my favourite OSTs in the franchise.
>>
>>175168504
Mass produce Mokois
>>
Anyone have that picture that says /smtg/ on it with the Strike Team members killing each other?
>>
>>175172628
I found it using the booru.
>>
>>175172882
Thanks baby
>>
File: 1491426800800.png (196KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1491426800800.png
196KB, 872x632px
Persona protags
>Larger dicks
>Fun to be around
>Interesting conversation anytime you want
>Nicely dressed and groomed
>Crack jokes all the time
>Will take you places
>Broad social spectrum
>Know interesting people you will be introduced to
>Behave like real men
>Smile on their faces most of the time
>Can dance and cook
>Chills in the school

Mainline """protags"""
>Tiny dicks
>Socially awkward
>Quiet
>Inhibited socially
>Boring
>Prefer to stay home
>Hate to dance
>Sad faces
>Make you cringe
>Creepy
>Often have either anger or anxiety issues
>Shoots up the school
>>
>>175174046
Marry me Makoto!
>>
>>175174046
But the mainline protags do all that stuff besides being at school when talking to demons.
>>
>>175140886
what if gigashi nanda moshi desu hakanaru zettaishou?
>>
File: huge dick.jpg (92KB, 450x601px) Image search: [Google]
huge dick.jpg
92KB, 450x601px
At what point did the devs decide to keep the goofy hunting minigame for DDS2? Its awkward and janky.

>>175174046

Best girl. Serph canonically has the biggest dick across all games and spinoffs, though, to be fair.
>>
File: 1475987073890_0.png (364KB, 359x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475987073890_0.png
364KB, 359x750px
>>175174046
Mainline protagonists are cyberpunk fashionable, great at conversation, incredibly manly, and are known to dance furiously. Cease your lies.
>>
File: 1492652938970.png (251KB, 819x745px) Image search: [Google]
1492652938970.png
251KB, 819x745px
>>175174046
FUCKING PERSONACHADS GET OUT.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>175174046
Makoto is trash and the second worst character in P5, a game with only 2 bad characters.
>>
>>175174046
shit, when do I get my DSP email
>>
>>175174046
>hate to dance
>>
>>175176846
Aleph is pretty much a persona protagonist though, true SMT protagonists are like demifiend, quiet and badass like me.
>>
>>175161353

smt4 was mediocre and i havent play 4a yet but it looks like oktau bait.
>>
File: 58731268_p8.png (196KB, 812x1000px) Image search: [Google]
58731268_p8.png
196KB, 812x1000px
>>175157632
Hoo boy.
>>
>>175177237
>4a yet but it looks like oktau bait
I don't think you know what people are talking about when they talk about "otaku bait".
>>
>>175178729
>>175177418
>>
>>175177418
>not actually a girl

Closet homos were a mistake
>>
>>175179196
>Judging a game by fan art
>>
>>175179408
fujos love gay shit though
>>
>>175179591
Don't a lot of fujos identify as lesbians
>>
>>175179673
You can literally judge the amount of female posters in a thread by the amount of gay shit that gets posted.
>>
File: Kirby's Dream Land.jpg (32KB, 260x226px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby's Dream Land.jpg
32KB, 260x226px
KIRBY X SMT WHEN1111
>>
>>175179936
Nanashi should have been a reverse trap
>>
>>175174046
so u saying
>persona profags
normieshit
>smt chads
really bros?

sounds ok with me
no wonder why persona shit is mainstream with lonely faggots
>>
>>175180714
>Makes you cringe
Checks out
>>
File: 1492999127217.png (224KB, 891x627px) Image search: [Google]
1492999127217.png
224KB, 891x627px
Finnaly got a friend into SMT via DDS1-2, he says he loves the cast and is one of the main resons why he plays it. What other SMT games do you guys think has a cast on par with DDS 1-2? P2 but the combat is kinda lame what else? I have not played DeSu games yet how are they in terms of cast?

He also just started college so he does't care to much for highschool shit so cant recommend him P5
>>
>>175134154
enjoy charlie watts
>>
>>175181545
The cast is enjoyable in DeSu 1. I haven't played enough of 2 to have an opinion.
>>
>>175181545
Apocalypse
>>
File: 58f5610c2297d.jpg (314KB, 1235x683px) Image search: [Google]
58f5610c2297d.jpg
314KB, 1235x683px
Someone fucking did it.
>>
>saving lives gives you law points
>law path ultimately means committing genocide
This alignment system wasn't very well thought out huh.
>>
>>175163696
Atlus is trying to get the Borderlands crowd.
>>
>>175134858
Eternal Punishment portable
>>
>>175184836
nah that's just how lawfags are
>>
>>175134858
NINE
>>
File: Deep Strange Hoy.jpg (164KB, 970x1160px) Image search: [Google]
Deep Strange Hoy.jpg
164KB, 970x1160px
Hoy.
>>
>>175188127
Oh hey Yukiko
>>
>>175188127
I DONT WANT ANIME SHIT IN MY STRANGE JOURNEY
>>
>>175188127
>HoyComp and Space Gun

She looks like Yuyuko and Abel had a retarded child together.
>>
>>175188794
Same, but I want to fuck her still
>>
>>175188794
lawfag girl was pretty anime
>>
>>175188127
Hi!
>>
https://twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/857634240669798400
What do?
>>
File: ass.png (2MB, 1519x1137px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
2MB, 1519x1137px
>>175188794
>girls are anime
>>
>>175146618
He even had a coven of witches trying to steal his semen so they could create the Antichrist.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1448x1474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1448x1474px
>>175191957
Goddamn it! I guess it's time to learn moonrunes.
>>
>>175191957
I asked when is If.. and majin tensei coming out and to stop adding so much stuff on his plate if he can't finish. I got blocked what happend
>>
I NEED a get smoked Dagda
>>
>>175169701
Worst heroine
>>
>>175055138
Peace and Anarchy
>>
>>175195858
>implying the two are separate things
>>
>>175181545
I think P2 is your best bet and the combat isn't any worse than most JRPGs from that era
>>
DeSu 2's writing is so garbage it makes my head spin. They're trying to make it seem like Ayn Rynd's Global Playground of "Meritocracy" has some sort of weight and it's seriously the worst argument for a route I've seen.

>B-but muh freeloaderz!
>W-well, I had it hard, so everyone else should!
>I may be a useless aggressive shit who hasn't contributed to society yet, but in this world I totally won't get killed off!

It's the most fedora-tipping, /pol/ tier, aggravating bullshit. Oh, and the music in this game sucks, too.
>>
>>175196558
>/pol/
>Liking Ayn Rand
>>
>>175196558
For Chaos to make sense it needs to be less Ayn Rand and more Kropotkin.
>>
>>175196558
Just pick Daichi/Alcor route then.
The characters were great even though the factions weren't..
>>
>>175196558
Commie free loader detected
Yamato's contribution to society is pretty big my man. If he wast there the world would have been beyond fucked and humanity would't have been able to make a wish to have it reborn.
This is assuming if Bunny and co., Ronaldo the commie and physduck to never appear.
>>
>>175196747

That's the thing, someone needs to sit down with that white haired bastard and have him read The Conquest of Bread. That's what I liked about other chaos ending in the series (like KMG2).
>>
>>175196558
DeSu 2 in general was pretty shit. Gameplay was solid of course, even though the maps felt a lot more bland than DeSu 1's.

>and the music in this game sucks, too.
Fuck you.
>>
>>175165771
How can a game be shit if it has good gameplay what the fuck?
>>
>>175198882
Because good gameplay in an RPG isn't a big deal and only makes things sweeter if they're already good
>>
File: 1489157908943.jpg (32KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1489157908943.jpg
32KB, 650x488px
>>175199002
>good gameplay in a videogame isn't a big deal
>>
File: bwFK0s7.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
bwFK0s7.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>175148490
NEW GODDESS METEMPSYCHOSIS
>>
>>175199002
>good gameplay in an RPG isn't a big deal
Let me guess, IV is your favorite SMT.
>>
>>175199552
Wouldn't that be the opposite since the gameplay is one of the only redeeming features of SMT IV?
>>
File: 55796442_p2.jpg (285KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
55796442_p2.jpg
285KB, 800x1150px
>>175199751
>the gameplay is one of the only redeeming features of SMT IV?
No? Did you mean IV: Final?
>>
So is DDS considered the best overall "package" of SMT in terms of having good gameplay, story, characters, etc?
>>
>>175200391
It doesn't even have fusion/negotiations, fuck no.
>>
>>175200391
Its unironically Persona 5
>>
>>175200391
Its a really great series but it doesn't have good old demon fusion. In terms of COMBAT, story, and characters, I would consider it one of the best though.
>>
File: bot_0024.png (111KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bot_0024.png
111KB, 320x240px
>>175196558
>>
>>175200391
Depends on whether you have an autistic obsession with fusion and think it needs to be in every game or else it is shit.
>>
>>175200391
Nah, that would be Strange Journey
>>
So what's the general opinion on "vanilla" SMT IV?

I didn't care for it when it released and got treated like a leper, did the general consensus shift or is it just Final that people don't like?
>>
>>175201290
That was the honeymoon phase, these days everyone can agree that it's the worst SMT. Good OST though.
>>
>>175201290
IV on its own still has an interesting setting and story. Even while it was the new hot thing people were pointing out all the gameplay and design flaws it has literally every other post, not much changed there to be honest.
Apocalypse its kind of the other way around, the story is completely uninteresting and the characters largely obnoxious, but the gameplay got a lot better
>>
>>175201290
I like it. Worst SMT is II by my reckoning
>>
>>175201584
>IV
>worse than II or I
Lmao, these games were pure garbage, even worse than Soul Hackers.
>>
>>175202109
>but the gameplay got a lot better
It was 90hr long borefest dogshit though.
>>
>>175202834
Unlike IV it just had actual dungeons, I didn't feel like it dragged at all. Until YHVH's bullshit of course
>>
ok guys how the FUCK am I supposed to beat training battle 6?

I spent the past half hour on this shit.
>>
>>175202191
>worse than Soul Hackers

So is there no good SMT game for 3DS?
>>
>>175203365
Persona Q :)
>>
>>175201290
I liked it alot
Demons being able to use and learn any move is dumb but I like demon whispering and how you can search and fuse via the compendium is a god send. OST is one of, if not the best. Setting is great. I liked the gang but wished them becoming alignment zombies felt more neutral new demon designs are garbage. Smirk is cool. I give it a B- compared to other SMT games.

>>175203365
The worst SMT game is better then most other jrpgs desu
>>
File: yhvh.jpg (298KB, 700x798px) Image search: [Google]
yhvh.jpg
298KB, 700x798px
If I transfer save data from IV to IV:A, will Flynn still be Flynn, or whatever I named him?
>>
New thread
>>175203698
>>
>>175203702
He'll be Flynn.
All transferring does is give you some bonus items and like titles/backgrounds for that streetpass card stuff
>>
>>175203820
Fuck. Why did I even spend five minutes thinking up a name
>>
>>175164627
I graduated in 2007, so no.
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 160

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.