[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 72

File: conker.png (973KB, 1016x765px) Image search: [Google]
conker.png
973KB, 1016x765px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
17:01 <@Twinaphex> I mean you have some cocksucker like that on reddit who talks shit about us earning $800 a month
17:01 <@Twinaphex> $800 isn’t fucking jack shit
17:01 <@Twinaphex> a streamer can make $800 in a day
17:01 <@Twinaphex> not a month
>>
>>174526463
he's right. I lose $800 on a single hand of poker sometimes. it's really nothing.
>>
Does any emulator for any system allow replacing its fonts?

I'm talking about replacing pixel fonts by more readable vector fonts or just high-resolution fonts?

(PPSSPP seems to allow something like that with a fontfix to restore native fonts)

I know about hooking text out with cheat engine but it doesn't work so well outside of visual novels.
>>
>>174527741
Games usually use a bitmap for fonts, which means replacing the texture.
>>
File: 0.jpg (16KB, 480x360px)
0.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>Finish Awakening a couple of days ago
>Try Fates on Citra
>Works better and runs smoother
The fuck? Wasn't this supposed to be much worse?
>>
so i haven't played with my emulator in a while, i used to play by using my DS3 controller together with motioninjoy, but now motioninjoy has suddenly decided it doesn't want to work anymore and i don't know what to do

any help? i found a program called "betterds3" but it does jackshit too
>>
>>174529097

aaaaaand it decided to work right after i asked here, thank you DS3 for making me look like an idiot!
>>
>>174529097
>>174529573
Wired 360 pad is like 15 bucks boyo, what are you doing.

Unless you playing older games witha
d-pad but still the DS3 is shit
>>
>>174529842

if i'm gonna play some psx game, i want a psx controller

also yes, i'm that cheap
>>
>>174529636
by the way, is it possible to damage your engine/transmission by fucking up downshifts?
not sure how deep the simulation model is
>>
>>174529997
>psx
I want this meme to die

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(digital_video_recorder)
>>
File: PSX.jpg (3MB, 1400x4525px)
PSX.jpg
3MB, 1400x4525px
>>174530274
>>
>>174530361
I never said no one called it the PSX but there is clearly a system defined as the PSX and it really isn't that hard ot type PS1 instead.
>>
>>174530361
The difference is that none of those people were wrong, since a "PSX" wasn't the name of another product yet.
Once the PSX came to be, calling the PlayStation a PSX became incorrect.
>>
>>174530274
Shame a few design flaws killed it. The outer shell looks very nice.
>>
File: xvSfAEwm.jpg (24KB, 320x313px)
xvSfAEwm.jpg
24KB, 320x313px
>>174530361
My friend, you are sick!
>>
>>174530274
>See Also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_Q

What the fuck is this abomination
>>
Is Citra dead?
>>
>>174531220
No, just progressing stupidly slow from all the bikeshedding.
>>
>>174531220
Sort of. All the devs are keeping their stuff on their own local repos because they don't want people making unofficial builds off the stuff they're working on, so basically it is as good as dead until they decide to commit all the shit they've been working on. If they ever do.
>>
>>174530361
It wasn't officially called the 'PSX'. I don't care what retard 'gaming' magazines and idiots like you call it.
>>
>>174530361
Also the fact that originally games had the executable name psx.exe on the disc (later changed to it's ID).
Sony started it.
>>
>>174532104
>It wasn't officially called the 'PSX'.
It LITERALLY was.
PSX was its codename. That's why it even emerged to begin with.
Also, most devs also used PSX instead of Playstation.
>>
>>174530507
>>174530660
>>174532104

If you weren't an autist, you'd accept both PSX and PS1 as valid abbreviations.
>>
>>174532979
And there goes your argument.
>>
>ram AI shitter blocking your racing line during a rally
>5 second penalty
>overtake cleanly but get rammed on the corner exit
>nothing happens
fuck I hate it when games do this
>>
>>174530249
Nope.

>>174530846
As you said those people are fucking idiots, there is a handful of title with which you have to still make sacrifices (like running with the main emulated CPU at 50% clockspeed or less) that run somewhat well rests runs like shit as expected.

>>174533086
>autist adress everybody telling him he's being autistic as one person
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
How are Disgaea emulations on RPC3? Last time I checked it was barely playable in 2015
>>
>>174533913
It actually might be one of the few playables one, expect graphical issues still and I don't know how it will handle the localization introduced bugs if you want to play those versions.
>>
>>174532979
They're not though, the PSX is a clearly defined different system

>>174532891
Does that mean I can start calling the Gamecube the Dolphin
>>
Every PS2 emulator except hps2x64 is a goddamn meme
>>
>>174533236
>lose argument
>a-autist! you're autistic! you have to be so I can win!
>>
>>174534787
okay
>>
>>174534756
>They're not though, the PSX is a clearly defined different system

A system that never existed in English speaking countries. Stay autistic my man.
>>
>>174534776
For a meme PCSX2 works "well enough" still not very happy with the hacky design of it.
I wonder if we will ever get cycle accuracy in my life time. Obviously PCSX2 would have to be rewritten for that to be the case.
>Better UI too while your at it.
>>
>>174535047
>A system that never existed in English speaking countries.
What does that matter?

>autistic
You still have no argument.
Sad.
>>
Repost, pls help

I keep seeing all these idiots say that those handheld GPD's with fucking atoms chips can run Dolphin at full speed.

Is it that optimized now?

What about a 3rd gen i5 (laptop) with HD4000?
Would I be able to get 60 fps w/ native resolution on the popular games like wind waker, tales of symphonia etc?
>>
>>174536678
You know with the time it took posting and waiting for an answer you could have downloaded and tested it yourself.
>>
>>174537128
I'm stuck on school internet until finals end, don't wanna risk torrenting/pirating
>>
>>174537401
Go for a DDL then.
>>
first-gear hairpins are no fun unless you're a dorifto king
>>
>>174536556
It means that PSX has always referred to the original Playstation in western countries and never to a Japanese-only DVR combo system that is a footnote in the Playstation brand.

There's no other word besides "autism" to describe your nonsensial aversion to calling the Playstation "PSX" even after getting told thousands of times that the DVR is not relevant.
>>
>>174531552
>because they don't want people making unofficial builds off the stuff they're working on

Are they retarded?
It's an open source project.
>>
>>174537509
Again, not worth the risk anon
>>
>>174530361
Haha

anti-PSX autists BTFO
>>
>>174536678
see >>174533236
>>
>>174537762
You know i have never seen a sys admin for a school who is 100% on the ball when it comes to this shit. They only give a fuck if the school receives a legal complaint. Go for a DDL. If your that concerned rename the damn iso to Ubuntu. Emulators themselves are not illegal so your in the clear for that.
>>
>>174534787

>large mass of proof gets posted of PSX referring to the PS1
>"but but muh obscure DVR no one talks about outside of PSX debates! I win the argument!"

How cute.
>>
>>174536678
>handheld GPD's
Like the GPD Win? Ignore those shills, the GPD's are all memes. You're better off keeping emulation on PCs.
>>
File: science.webm (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
science.webm
1MB, 720x720px
>>174537703
>Are they retarded?

Really makes you think
>>
>>174526463
https://www.reddit.com/user/RealLibretro

Looks like SP is back on reddit and fired whoever was in charge of that RealLibretro account.

Great, we can expect some drama soon.
>>
File: Dog.jpg (99KB, 637x633px)
Dog.jpg
99KB, 637x633px
Will an SD card have read/write speeds fast enough to not be shit on a tablet or should I use a USB for my emulators/games?
>>
>>174541439
It depends on the SD card and the SD reading hardware in your tablet.
>>
I just realized I've started measuring time by how often I need to pee
Man GT4 is fun
>>
>>174540686
>we can expect some drama soon.
DON'T TEASE US.
>>174538498
my gpd win is great. it's only gamecube that runs fullspeed, not all dolphin games.
>>
>>174542465
Guess I'll just have to try it and see then.
>>
>>174540686
Could you make it real drama this time not.
>he said something you disagree with and get butt hurt about
Because i all keep seeing is your personal grudge manifest. It also seems you are prone to sperging out at the wiki also.
>>
File: smug emudev.jpg (145KB, 924x888px)
smug emudev.jpg
145KB, 924x888px
>>174538878
You bastard.
>>
>>174529636
GT4 in general hates savestates, for example if you do something that generates inconsistencies the game will detect it and nuke your data save for your car and the in game days if you try to save after having done inconsistencies.
>>
>>174535806
>Better UI too while your at it.
First, that's not how you quote you retard, and second PCSX2 is already fantastic compared to dogshit such as Retroarch.
>>
People actually arguing over PSX vs PS1.

Stay worthless emugen.
>>
>>174545049
First, i was not quoting you retard, and second stop being such a fucking fanboy shit. Or are you going to claim that PCSX2 is cycle accurate?
I do like it, just there is problems or are you going to deny that to? It has a shit UI my opinion can't take it neck yourself.
>>
>>174545049
>PCSX2 is already fantastic compared to dogshit such as Retroarch.
This is absolutely true; superior taste, anon.
>>
>>174545049
wimp babbies, not even once
>>
>>174545674
It's not a matter of taste, it's a matter of PCSX2 having an actually usable GUI as opposed to having to put up with RA's awful XBMC shit, at that point manually editing .inis is easier and faster.
>>
>>174545049
I guess it is true what they say about here. That was the most benign post here and you just sperged out at him.
>>
>>174545440
>Or are you going to claim that PCSX2 is cycle accurate?
>reading comprehension
Please jump on a landmine you waste of air.
>>
>>174546073
I sure as fuck don't want retards that misuse quotation marks in the thread, you either bully them or they'll start to multiply.
>>
>>174545974
It is a matter of taste you dumb fucking WIMP tard
It ain't that hard to push up and down on your keyboard/controller.
>>
>>174546338
It's a matter of functionality you dutch junkie autistic fuck embezzler, and nobody right in their mind would want to use an interface meant for consoles on a PC.
>>
>>174532891
So calling the PlayStation PSX is like calling the Switch NX.

You're pretty much just admitting you're retarded.
>>
>>174546107
My post was musing about cycle accuracy in the future. Not my fault if you can't take your own advice
>reading comprehension
Seems you need it to.
The UI is shit, sorry if that hurts your feelings. It looks like it came form 2005.
>>174546263
Sperging out this hard.
>multiply
Really? you are going this far with this? lol
Faggot, makes me want to do it more to trigger sperg attacks in you.
>anon is a sperg
>>
>>174546338
Also, I said that I prefer editing inis than using that dogshit, which is the exact opposite of being a WIMPtard.
>>
>>174546594
>My post was musing about cycle accuracy in the future
And my point was entirely about you being a retard that misuses quotations marks and PCSX2 having a near perfect GUI especially compared to other emus. Kill yourself.
>>
>>174547329
>misuses quotations marks
>Such a crime. People have been executed for less
If you can't tell that was sarcasm. Better follow your own rules with
>reading comprehension

>having a near perfect GUI
Yea it's perfect alright, perfect for the trash heap.
>>
>>174547329
Oh and
>reading comprehension
Was not a quote at least be constant in your beliefs.
>>
>>174547610
>perfect for the trash heap.
lolololololol
gud 1.
gud 1.
you said it bro. i play all my games in the terminal too.
>>
>>174546479
If it were a matter of functionality, then no one would be able to use it even with a controller, which is obviously not the case. It's just that your brain is addled and can't adapt to different things, therefore it is in fact a matter of taste.

>lol u must be SP XDDD!!!1!!1

Fuck off.
>>
>>174548059
>shilling this hard for PCSX2
Okay did they get the same Pajeet who is stalking SP?
>>
>>174546741
I prefer text editing configs when creating templates for specific things. But the menu is 100% functional for general usage.
>>
>>174548340
Give me a good reason to force WIMP users to use a cluncky as fuck interface, especially when you can achieve better functionality by editing ini files, SP. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>174548772
Nice try SP false flagging like that. But we know its you.
>>
>>174548976
If anything SP will defend all of his shit decision no matter what, even if he too knows that they make zero sense whatsoever. Such as not being able to change a core's settings unless you launch content. And the piece of shit refuses to launch you have to either reinstall, delete all of the settings, or surprise surprise, edit a configuration file.
>>
>>174549691
That's exactly what SP would say. Nice try we are not buying it SP fuck of.
>>
>>174549841
Okay SP.
>>
>>174548772
You're not forced to use anything. Using RetroArch with command line launching and config editing is 100% viable (That's how Themaister used it). There's also multiple 3rd party launchers out there.

The fact is that the XMB menu is 100% usable with a keyboard or controller. Some people prefer not having to put down their gamepad or exit fullscreen mode to change any settings.

If you're wanting that Win32 menu bar interface expanded, go ask SP to put a bounty on it so it might attract someone who can add on to it.
>>
>>174549951
Nice try SP.
>>
>>174549958
You can ask him directly he is this post here>>174549691
>>
>>174549691
>Such as not being able to change a core's settings unless you launch content.

It can't see the core options unless the core is actually running. That's just a limitation of dynamic libraries.

>Refuses to launch

That's a bug that should be reported. At least you can recover by editing your config instead of being simply fucked because the settings were stored deep in the Windows registry like some software does.
>>
Some of you people have anger management issues and I'm not just talking about SP
>>
>>174550921
Yeah mudlord is a little bit on the crazy side too
>>
>>174549958
Do any of the third party launchers fix the issue of having to launch content in order to be able to edit its settings via the GUI?

>If you're wanting that Win32 menu bar interface expanded, go ask SP to put a bounty on it so it might attract someone who can add on to it.
The awful GUI is one of the things about RA that people complained the most about until now, any sensible dev would've changed it years ago, the harm's already done, and if he does something about it only now and only because of the bounty system that will only achieve one thing - demonstrate how much of a slimey kike he is.

>>174550751
>It can't see the core options unless the core is actually running.
How about, I don't know, putting a simple option for launching the system's BIOS? That would also solve issues with managing the memory cards via external programs or even worse, other emulators.

>That's a bug that should be reported.
That bug has been talked about for at least sixth months, at least the once concernig mednafen PS1 HW OpenGL.

>At least you can recover by editing your config instead of being simply fucked because the settings were stored deep in the Windows registry like some software does.
And yet digging up the EPSXE config file via regedit is easier than using the RA GUI.
>>
>>174551262
>demonstrate how much of a slimey kike he is.
To be honest i would rather him fix it now. Think what you like of the cunt and his "ethics".
All i care about is the end product. So yea put a bounty up.
>>
>>174551587
Hi SP.
>>
>>174553120
Nice try with the false flag SP.
>>
>>174551262
>the harm's already done, and if he does something about it only now and only because of the bounty system that will only achieve one thing - demonstrate how much of a slimey kike he is.
You are an over dramatic tit you know that, even more than SP is.
Sperging out about kikes this is not /pol/.
>>
>>174553905
>You are an over dramatic tit you know that, even more than SP is.
Tell that to the people on /v/ and other boards that refuse to use RA because of its GUI. I would too if it weren't for config files.

>Sperging out about kikes this is not /pol/.
Abloo bloo bloo I'm so sorry for breaching your safe space.
>>
>>174527741
No. That's why there's an entire spectrum of SNES/PS1 hacks solely dedicated to replacing annoying monospace uppercase fonts with decent variable width fonts.
>>
>>174554274
It's not about safe spaces. It's about you not looking like a drooling retard and shiting up the place.
Kike this kike that.
We get it he is a scumbag. Go fucking moan at his face in his IRC about it. Ranting here will do no good. Perhaps do something useful to hurt him and track down that proof of embezzlement. It would be funny to see him in a jail cell. Because of his "crime" of not fixing RAs interface. Among the fraud offences.
>Tell that to the people on /v/
I don't speak to the mentally retarded, but for you i will make it a 1 off.
>>
>>174553120
SP is sleeping now because tomorrow he has important talk with important people about selling Retroarch boxes.
>>
>>174555076
>It's not about safe spaces. It's about you not looking like a drooling retard and shiting up the place.
>the usual "I hate SP but I also need proofs of the embezzling" Pajeet tirade
>lowercase "I"
Oh the irony.
>>
>>174554613
Can you post an example of those?
>>
>>174555479
>Has no comeback
>Has to go on a grammar Nazi sperg out
>Thinks this makes him look any less of retard that i just called him.
Oh go vandalize the wiki. It's the only thing you seem to be good at.
>>
>>174551262
>The awful GUI is one of the things about RA that people complained the most about until now, any sensible dev would've changed it years ago, the harm's already done, and if he does something about it only now and only because of the bounty system that will only achieve one thing - demonstrate how much of a slimey kike he is.

What the fuck are you going on about? RA had no GUI to begin with when it was SSNES. So basically you're saying Themaister was not sensible because he didn't appease your demands for a WIMP GUI. If a WIMP GUI got added tomorrow, then the "damage" would immediately be undone.

How the fuck does putting up bounties for feature requests/bug fixes make SP a "slimey kike" when it's going to get paid to someone who is NOT SP? You make no sense.
>>
>>174551262
>>How about, I don't know, putting a simple option for launching the system's BIOS? That would also solve issues with managing the memory cards via external programs or even worse, other emulators.

There already is an option to "Start Core" without loading content. Problem is that only a few cores implement that so far.

>That bug has been talked about for at least sixth months, at least the once concernig mednafen PS1 HW OpenGL.

That's a core problem then. I think Beetle PSX core should be split up further between GL and Vulkan because those renderers don't mix.
>>
>And yet digging up the EPSXE config file via regedit is easier than using the RA GUI.

Hahaha oh wow. That's probably the most delusional thing I've heard in a while.
>>
>>174555479
You know if i was SP i would be so proud that i have pissed of a person so much he becomes my dedicated troll. I would continue with the ways he considers bad, just to see how far the troll would make a retard out of himself for my entertainment. It's cute as fuck.

I so wish i was him now. Just to laugh at your triggered ass. Honestly i would switch places with him at the drop of a hat, just for the pleasure of triggering you. I mean fuck man you got so triggered you vandalized the threads own wiki because of the hate for SP. The thing is i would get paid $800 a month just to trigger this guy. SP must feel great at this point.
>>
ra's netplay has to be the biggest pile of crap i've ever used.

open rom, ok, kind of a pain but w/e.
go to hosts, refresh see guy playing my rom. try to connect:
---- Load content manually. -----100% not loaded.
press f1 and game is playing.
oh. ok. thanks.
>>
>>174554274
Who cares about /v/ tbqh? They hate everything under the sun.
>>
>>174557074
>If a WIMP GUI got added tomorrow, then the "damage" would immediately be undone.
It wouldn't because at this point those people just won't give a fuck about RA, even if it improved tenfolds.

>>174557996
>Who cares about /v/
It's one of the biggest videogame forums on the english speaking internet.

>They hate everything under the sun.
And that's a shitty meme.
>>
>>174558328
>It wouldn't because at this point those people just won't give a fuck about RA, even if it improved tenfolds.

Then no one should care what such closed minded fools want. Focus on what the people who are willing to use it want.
>>
Speaking of RA, should I even bother reporting issues that affect the software renderer of the HW core exclusively?
>>
>>174558660
Don't assault him with logic mate. He will just get triggered, call you a pajeet then analyze you post for spelling errors. Then go and vandalize the wiki again.
>>
>>174558802
*Beetle PSX HW core
>>
>>174558660
>Then no one should care what such closed minded fools want
That's pretty ironic considering this general's attitude towards PCSX2.
>>
>>174559907
It's got a shit UI deal with it.
>>
File: sw-31050-03.jpg (26KB, 438x337px) Image search: [Google]
sw-31050-03.jpg
26KB, 438x337px
Will these work directly on a CRT TV that has the yellow/white/red ports, or will I need a converter box?
>>
>>174560461
cut off the tips and rewire them so blue is green and red is blue and it'll work
>>
>>174560461
No. Yellow is composite video, and Red and White are audio.

The connectors your pic shows are for component video (YPbPr), where 3 connectors are used for video instead of one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YPbPr
>>
Anyone know why Kega Fusion crashes when I try and run it fullscreen @ 4k 3840x2160.

I gave it admin, running windows basic on 7.
I cant seem to get it to work.

Is there any alternatives that would run in 4K?
>>
>>174560461
>>174561226
well it'll work, but the image will probably be black and white and you might end up damaging something
t. tried it as a kid
>>
File: A Cloud in a Cave.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A Cloud in a Cave.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>"A Cloud in a Cave" - by famous impressionist painter Pierre-Auguste Renoir. It is currently valued at over 2.4 million dollars.
>>
>>174565067
it looks like a vectorized screenshot of FFVII
how the fuck do "artists" get away with this shit
>>
>>174562016

Do you actually have a 3840x2160 screen?

Kega fusion is an ancient program that hasn't had updates in ages. Try Genplusgx core in RetroArch.
>>
>>174560005
who gives a fuck about the UI, you only use it to launch the game anyways
>hurr The Witcher 3 has an ugly launcher it's a bad game
>>
>>174565215
Anon you know that's just a screenshot and not an actual painting right
>>
>>174566680
you never know these days, money laundering is a huge business
>>
>>174566580
The Witcher 3 is a bad game though
>>
File: 1465934309237.jpg (22KB, 425x282px)
1465934309237.jpg
22KB, 425x282px
>>174567056
Down on your luck? Here, on the house.
>>
File: 239873973.jpg (713KB, 1920x1080px)
239873973.jpg
713KB, 1920x1080px
Are there shaders for n64 games?
The way it shades the polygons always seemed really strange to me.
>>
File: GMSE01-1.png (642KB, 1264x704px) Image search: [Google]
GMSE01-1.png
642KB, 1264x704px
Dolphin is a good emula-

>Issue for this bug has been open for two years.
>>
Just bought a new 1440p monitor with g-sync. Hopefully it will make some difference with emulators.
>>
>>174575870
GlideN64 can do per pixel lighting which is an improvement on per-vertex.
>>
>>174579226

Hey mudman, you smoke a blunt for 4/20? Might calm your nerves a bit.
>>
>>174579459
What I am actually jittery about is Cemu's release date.
>>
>>174577431
Nope I still hate crt-royale.

Are there any crt shaders that actually look like a crt?
>>
>>174580925
>Are there any crt shaders that actually look like a crt?

None.

You need like 4k or more at least.

Post screenshots.

Post CRT Lottes too
>>
>>174537607
You'd be right if the PSX wasn't the official name for a different product. Unfortunately it is, so you're still just wrong.
>>
So I heard Saturn emulation is decent these days so having looked forward to it, I finally got around to setting it up.

Suddenly realize I don't know of any Saturn games I'ld want to play as I'm not big on fighters or shumps and can't read Kanji. So fuck.
>>
File: Saint recaptcha.jpg (299KB, 556x750px)
Saint recaptcha.jpg
299KB, 556x750px
>>174583871

Install Mednafen.
>>
>>174583945
>>
>>174576685
What bug?
>>
>>174583945
>>174584054
Mednafen is not a game.
>>
>>174584057
The cubes.
>>
>>
>>174557074
>How the fuck does putting up bounties for feature requests/bug fixes make SP a "slimey kike" when it's going to get paid to someone who is NOT SP
>SP makes an alt account on GitHub only for getting a bounty's reward
Literally cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>174585743
>Literally cannot make this shit up.

>>SP makes an alt account on GitHub only for getting a bounty's reward

You heard it here first folks, SP is just pretending to be a Serbian dude, faking knowledge about how to write a WASAPI driver in an elaborate scheme to make money. But he was careless and the detectives on emugen have discovered his diabolical plan.
>>
>>174526463
lol that's a little less than 10k a year, still that's pretty good if it's an extra source of income. No h8 from me
>>
ePSXe has been a serviceable PSX emulator for emulating PSX games for me, but does anyone have a different PSX emulator they'd recommend? Said PSX emulator needs to run PSX games on i5 2.9ghz and intel hd 520 (compare to geforce 8800gt), which actually PCSX-R with PGXP does not at full speed, as I found out. And I don't want Retroarch anything, I want a standalone PSX emulator.

PSX
>>
>>174583871

I hear Clockwork Knight is pretty good.
>>
Is mednafen standalone comparable to its RA version?
>>
File: tumblr_ng8bhuuVMy1swo4lto1_500.png (480KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng8bhuuVMy1swo4lto1_500.png
480KB, 500x667px
>>174589321

You must install mednafen my child.

Saint Rhyphecha be praised.
>>
>>174589374

No. It some ways it is better, others worse.

Specifically, it is more accurate but comes with no GUI.
>>
>>174589513
Do I need to fuck with the config or do games just werk? And wow I'm surprised the standalone fork is better, that's good. I don't like RA.
>>
I have a problem with the PCSX2 GS plugin. it says "The plugin reports that your hardware or software/drivers are not supported."
After some googling around the consensus seems to be to install a newer version of DirectX but that didn't help as DirectX gives me a "You already have the newest shit, nothing to be done here" when I try to install it.

what do?
>>
>>174589601

haha.

beetle psx (retroarch) has pbp, gl renderer, vulkan renderer, pgxp (perspective correction), texture filters, overclocking, internal resolution upscaling. etc.

standalone mednafen psx has jack fuck all because autism, trannies and 'muh cyclefaguhurtz'.
>>
>>174590454
ePSXe has all that shit too faggola, you don't even have to choose between no gui or the worst gui of all time, you get a gui that just fucking werks
>>
>>174589321

you are shit out of luck then.

only beetle psx (ra) makes mednafen relevant against epsxe or pcsx-r. enjoy native res software rendering otherwise.
>>
>>174590532

epsxe gui is terrible loser.

muh great convenience having to click on each UI element to configure muh pad = muh great GUI

you are just a dumb kid who thinks ugly modal dialog windows are muh better and because you jacked off so much one of your hands became numb therefore all you can do anymore is push that mouse around.
>>
>>174590650
I loled
>>
>>174589323
I'll give it a go. Just weird now that I've gotten my emulator setup so I can play a few consoles I never had I can't think of shit to play.
>>
>>174590454

>beetle psx (retroarch) has pbp, gl renderer, vulkan renderer, pgxp (perspective correction), texture filters, overclocking, internal resolution upscaling. etc.

I care about precisely none of that bells-and whistles bullshit. I wanted accurate PSX emulation and that's just what mednafen delivers.

Retroarch can't even keep up with fixes to what they've got before bolt-plating on more horseshit to that poor thing.
>>
>>174590564

I would consider escaping plugin hell to be a relevant differentiating feature that stands mednafen out from the crowd.
>>
>>174566580
how much are they paying you shill? or do you do it for free?
>>
>>174593153

having your games not look like shit is essential.

native res psx/saturn games is unplayable garbage. nobody wants that. this is an undisputed fact.
>>
>>174589438
>Rhyphecha

I legit have no clue how to spell that off-hand or how to pronounce it. As such I just call her ReCaptucah.

>>174589321

Mednafen my man. But it's not a standalone PSX emulator.
>>
>>174593534

Opinions are not facts.
>>
>>174593153
Thanks for letting us know what you personally prefer, it helps

>>174594041
What bells n whistles does mednafen have?
>>
File: pgxp.png (1MB, 3200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pgxp.png
1MB, 3200x1200px
>>174594084

Mednafen has the most compatibility to for games with the least glitches. But it requires modestly high CPU power to run. And it's native res, and software only.

PGXP-PCSXR is probably the best overall for 3D right now. It has PGXP that is far more developed, and is being worked on all the time. PGXP is perspective correction for textures that has a big impact to reduce distortions. It has true CPU overclocking (powerful, but it can result in issues) as well. But it has the requisite pcsx-r and epsxe plugin hellish GUI and setup. A mess but it works.

RetroArch uses mednafen as a base, and adds to it. It gives it CPU overclock, which is a modest bottleneck remover, giving a modest FPS boost and slowdown remover. THe upside is that this CPU overclock has zero downsides. It has incomplete PGXP and Hardware acceleration implimentation as well.
>>
Jak and Daxter fully glitchless, no glitchy eyes: https://youtu.be/eduuJml97Fc
Just happened to discover this, I thought this was the inherently unfixable series, but as you can see it can be made perfect.

Anyone know if this works for D3D11?
>>
>>174597126
Why not try it?
>>
>>174597126
The PCSX2 devs fixed it, you didn't discover anything. This happened a while ago and everyone already knew about it.
>>
>>174598161
I will if no one answers, and I'll post results. Just wondering if someone knows already.
>>
>>174600217
Thanks for the quality post
>>
>>174597126
>Anyone know if this works for D3D11?
Unlikely, the eye megatexture fix is likely OGL only even if the shadow fix is universal.
>>
>>174600895
What is a megatexture? And how does it make the eyes work/look better (I'm assuming that's why eyes are megatextures)?
>>
>>174601173
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/50#issuecomment-272827456
>>
File: 1470254626655.png (34KB, 656x518px) Image search: [Google]
1470254626655.png
34KB, 656x518px
Anyone knows how to get onimusha dawn of dreams to save?
it just keeps showing me this everytime i try.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/briangin/super-nestro

>this fucking bottom barrel garbage gets funded
Apparently an RPi2 and a few cables is worth $179 these days, pay $30 on top of that and they'll throw in a cheap 64GB microSD card.

Someone please remove parasites from emulation.
>>
>>174603923
>They're gonna gut actual working consoles for this shit
>>
>>174585743
Trying too hard.
>>
Hey guys, is launchbox worth using? If so, are there other alternatives? Thanks
>>
How do I stop PCSX2 memcards from getting corrupted?
Should I just make a new card for each game?
>>
File: cover_large.jpg (74KB, 600x600px)
cover_large.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
epic dumpster bear USA titlekey
W H E N
>>
>>174604109
The Analogue NT gutted NES consoles for specific chips, and people spend $600 for one of those.
Clearly there's a market for destroying authentic hardware so "ironic" hipsters can play games at 10x the price.
>>
Bisqwit's NES palette generator has been ported to shader, so now you can dick around with the settings in real time. There's also now a version with the Consumer/Sony CXA2025AS US conversion matrix as well.

https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders/commit/24771ca41e7a791cd80912cdab4060938108c45d
>>
>>174610657
>>174604109
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>174610657
>Analogue NT
Well they stopped doing it with the Mini and I can kinda understand why they used the actual PPU+CPU since they aimed for people who want something that's not emulated (and worst case scenario removing them from the analogue NT and putting them back into the console is easy enough) the target audience is also very fucking small to begin with.

But gutting a SNES to put a fucking RPi 2 in it as anything more than a personal project on your busted SNES is completely fucking moronic
>>
>>174603923
>not just spending a few bucks to get a miniature SNES shell printed specifically for the RPi, using USB extensions for the controller ports, and rigging up a working power switch

Are people really this dumb?
Hell, the Kickstarter could have marketed that and made a much better business, since they wouldn't have a limited number of shells and a ton of people shitting on the campaign.
>>
>>174603923
Only 5 seconds in and i already need to take a walk for the ass spewing rage i feel. They fucking put a pi board in a massive fucking gutted SNES shell???

FUCKING WHY
At least others i have seen on kickstarter with pi boards in them have a shell that fits the board. There is that one that looks like a mini PlayStation.
>>
File: rip off.jpg (70KB, 1152x648px)
rip off.jpg
70KB, 1152x648px
>>174603923
Fucking over $250 and you don't even get a "brand new" one. I bet you could just buy a super Nintendo and a lot of games for that price.
>>
Reminds me of that dude who gutted an xbox dev console and turned it into his ricer PC.
>>
>>174555296
I might do this, how legal is this and should I care about it being illegal at all.
>>
>>174616284
As long as you'd obey the license's conditions, they couldn't do jack shit.
And even if you weren't, source code licenses don't hold any ground in courts, or rather, they have never been put into consideration as far as I know. Meaning, you'd just have to be careful because of copyright.
>>
>>174616284
If done by SP: honestly, perfectly moral, legal, etc.
If done by others: slimy, parasites, ripoff, semi-piracy, scum, etc.
>>
https://www.patreon.com/mednafen
>>
>>174618707
I can see it now
>they are embezzling money
>mednafens Ui sucks
etc
>>
Which is technically better, HDMI 1.4 or DVI-D?
>>
>>174619117
Technically speaking HDMI 1.4
>>
>>174619254
Tyvm. Will save me a trip to the store to replace a cable for this emu box.
>>
>>174619597
If DVI-D support the resolution and refresh rate you are aiming for I'd rather use DVI than fucking HDMI.
>>
>>174618647
Emugen version:

If done by SP: slimy, parasites, ripoff, semi-piracy, scum, etc.
If done by others: honestly, perfectly moral, legal, etc.
>>
>>174619703
Why?
>>
>>174618707
inb4 Hyper SP autist-kun starts editing the wiki page to say something like "mednafen must repent" in a fit of rage when he gets told to fuck off here.
>>
>>174619757
HDMI is DRM cancer.
Also in Windows by Microsoft decision, using a HDMI cable will report some content as 59.97Hz(TV content) instead of always running at 60Hz like a PC monitor is suppose to do.
>>
>>174619919
You have no idea how much this pisses me off. Can you even change it or is it baked in?
>>
>>174619919
Does Displayport have the same issues? Or is that the new go-to connector when available?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q61FU4UwwHU

>GT2 running at true 60fps due to gameshark cheats and CPU over clocking
>>
>>174620092
You can use CRU, I don't remember exactly how is it done but once you do it the HDMI connection will be reported as DVI.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

>>174620220
I don't know.
>>
And yes Displayport is the go-to when available.
>>
Are there any real lightguns (not infrared sensors) that work with PC+CRT+emulators?

Infrared is terrible and no where near as good as real light guns.

I just want a good setup for MAME lightgun games.
>>
File: PROMOTED.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PROMOTED.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
Emulating this. Got to the split. General consensus is to go human then non-human right?
>>
>>174621438
Basically no

You could do it theoretically, but different light guns work in different ways as do their corresponding games. If you had a light gun that was compatible with the game you were emulating, then you could make and adapter and write drivers and fork the emulator to use it all, but that's so much bullshit and probably wouldn't work for anyone else and it so niche to begin with.
>>
>>174622218
Sounds like the only way to really have a lightgun experience would be to build a real jamma cabinet.

Guess I gotta get a Aimtrak. Looks cheap and kinda shitty though. Doesn't look like some of the older arcade guns that could take a beating. Kinda ruins the genuine feel.

http://www.ultimarc.com/aimtrak.html
>>
File: download (10).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Trying to make a EmulationStation portable build, having issues with Retroarch. Can't find the save config per core option anywhere in the nightly. Did they remove it or did they bury it somewhere else?
>>
>>174621976
What is this?
>>
>>174625169
Harry Potter.
>>
>>174625557
pls no troll
>>
File: 57370_front.jpg (61KB, 640x918px)
57370_front.jpg
61KB, 640x918px
>hardware mode is completely broken
>software mode looks like utter shite

Oh PCSX2, you literally never fail to disappoint me.
>>
>>174625029
It's called "Save Core Override" in the Quick Menu now and it only saves the changes to the base config instead of copying everything.
>>
>>174613436
>ricer PC.
It was a really mediocre shitbox.
>>
>>174620293
Nice.
>>
>>174627073
I completely beat that game with little to no issues years ago.
>>
https://twitter.com/byuu_san/status/855445621309935616
>>
>>174629825
>Majora's Mask was horrendous. "Hey, how would you like to replay the same section of the game 50x because you weren't fast enough?" >_>

Majora fags blown the fuck out
>>
File: 1444239911918.png (156KB, 1423x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1444239911918.png
156KB, 1423x1340px
>>174629825
Pic related
>>
>>174629960
Maybe if you were better, you wouldn't have those problems.
At least learn the controls before calling a game bad.
>>
>>174620293
I don't recall the clipping being that insane but neat stuff anyway.

>>174627073
You got me interested, I'll take a look sometime later.
>>
>>174629960
>3D zelda
>anywhere close to being that hard
Pretty sure you're just a shitter m8
>>
>>174629960
Unironically I finished 100% Majora's Mask without ever finding out the inverted song of time.
>>
>>174625671
radiata stories
>>
>>174630329
According to the wiki, the game is completely fucked.

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Echo_Night:_Beyond
>>
>>174635145
See >>174629414
>>
>>174631160
>100%
>Didn't get song
>>
>>174637436
The song doesn't needs to register like normal songs or even show like song from Ocarina do in that wall in Termina, it's only mentioned by that scarecrow and some lady.
>>
File: gsdx_20170421225715.png (213KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20170421225715.png
213KB, 512x448px
>>174635145
Well apparently HW mode is flawless for me whereas SW is beyond fucked
>>
>>174637973
Well aware of how it works, poking fun at saying 100% and then saying they never got something.
>>
>>174638969
By that logic you would need to get every ruppie,arrow and whatever item a bush can drop at any given time, probably based on percentage to get 100% too.
>>
>>174639149
technically, 100% is occupying every possible position in every single area.
>>
>>174639149
100% would be anything that isn't erased by playing Song of Time.
>>
>>174629825
>>174629960
>>174630141

I still don't understand why anybody takes byuu seriously anymore. For fuck's sake, look at his goddamn profile pic and header.

The guy obviously belongs in fucking Cali, where the rest of the fringe-lib freaks live out their perverse little lives.
>>
Do all RA cores support vulkan, and if so, is it better than OpenGL on Windows?

I get better performance on Windows with D3D, however I doubt that it gets any support these days.
>>
>>174642367
Vulkan driver works with all cores that don't use OpenGL rendering.
>>
>>174584054
Wait, mednafen runs SEGA arcade games?
>>
so your best option for botw is wiiuiso, cool
>>
File: 1489881894442.jpg (54KB, 305x309px)
1489881894442.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
>>174627280
Thanks. I reverted to 1.3.6 and now I'm tempted to go to the nightly for that, but fuck... I just spent a lot of time configuring like 7-8 cores
Should I just do it and get it over with?
>>
Gonna build a new PC soon. Ryzen is a possibility.
Figured I'd ask since I don't think I got a response last time; Are there any emulators that don't play nice with it?

I heard Cemu doesn't, but that's Cemu and I don't see myself messing with that right now.
Pcsx2 I also heard can be a bit rough, but I also heard it's tolerable at times.

Any others known to have issues? Probably will mess around with Dolphin
>>
>>174653343
>Are there any emulators that don't play nice with it?

CPUs just work, there's no "issues". Some are faster, some are slower. Ryzen is slower than the faster Intel CPUs. If you run into a situation where you become CPU bound, a faster CPU would've fared better. Maybe a bit better, maybe a lot better. That's basically it.

What are some situations where you become CPU bound? Depends on the emulator, depends on the game, depends on the renderer backend, depends on a lot of things. Anything from N64, PSX onwards can be very CPU intensive in the right conditions.
>>
>>174653343
>Ryzen is a possibility.

Have some self respect.
>>
PCSX2 1.5.0 fucking when
>>
File: rippy_the_razor.jpg (45KB, 450x535px)
rippy_the_razor.jpg
45KB, 450x535px
>>174653343
>Ryzen
>>
>>174655282
They've certainly been pushing out enough commits to release. I've heard that they're going straight for 1.6.0, though.
>>
>>174654286
And likewise Ryzen is faster than the slower Intel CPUs whilst having more cores.

It's not a case of if it's fast or not, it's more a case of if that emulator has been optimized for Ryzen or not.

Of course emulators work better on i7's. They've been around longer and until recently they've been the king of CPU's. And the higher end ones still have really good single thread performance, which a lot of emulators like.

Hell, the 7700k is STILL the gaming king.

Ryzen isn't bad. It's pretty solid, actually. Lotta PC games like it. All those cores can juggle a lot at once. A good stream machine.

But it's also kinda new. I imagine many haven't figured out how to best use the resources a Ryzen can provide yet. Possibly ever. Which would be a shame, but hey, that's them.

I was just curious.

>>174654787
I do. I didn't say it was set in stone.
I was leaning more towards the 7700k, honestly. Figured I'd ask anyway.
>>
>>174655637
Well

PCSX2 1.6.0 fucking when
>>
>>174656230
Your guess is as good as mine. Hmm, IIRC there was some small controversy about a leak of the release preparations on the PCSX2 forums in early April. I wanna say they were thinking a month or two until release? Don't quote me on that.
>>
>>174656087
>I was leaning more towards the 7700k

This is the correct choice.
>>
>>174656445
>controversy about a leak of the release
WTF why? Whats so controversial about that?
You know i wish emu devs could leave their feelings at the fucking door, when they work on this shit.
This is the same sort of prissy faggot shit that runs the fansub community as well.
>offend me and i will drop the project, but the conditions that offend me change on the second.
How about do your fucking job and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>174656775
IDC about the stuff you brought up. I think the other devs were miffed about one dev publicly announcing release info before the others were ready to do so. Doesn't seem like a big deal, just had a brief spat on the forum.
>>
>>174656970
So they got sand up their asses about an announcement of an announcement. Fucking pathetic.
How does these cunts even function in real life?
>>
>>174657217
Dunno, but they seem to be moving along with commits, so it's not affecting their productivity, apparently.
>>
>>174656087
>optimized for Ryzen
>many haven't figured out how to best use the resources a Ryzen can provide yet

That's not how it works. Multithreading has been a thing long, long before Ryzen, even AMD's "MOAR CORES" approach is hardly new. The problem is that not everything can be endlessly multithreaded, games and emulators just so happen to be two of those things that can't be.
>>
>>174656775
The less I know about devs the happier I am. The more I know about devs the more nauseating I realize they are. Nothing I've learned about Byuu, Mudlord, Squarepusher, or any other dev makes them seem like human beings that can be tolerated for extended periods of time.

I don't know shit about hrydgard. He just does his thing with PPSSPP and its great. Fuck everyone else.
>>
>>174656970
>I think the other devs were miffed about one dev publicly announcing release info before the others were ready to do so.

That's so ridiculous I'm not willing to believe it's true until I see proof it happened. It's an open source program, there's no secret to keep, if they chose to release a new stable tomorrow what you'd get is literally the current devbuild but with a different version number on the titlebar.
>>
>Cemu's patreon
Holy shit

They better achieve almost perfect emulation by the end of the year
>>
>>174630141
>Ocarina of Time is an awful game
plays for a hundred hours
>>
>>174657714
Browse the forum. I'd imagine the thread is still there if you hunt for it a bit.

>inb4 I ain't clickin' that shit nigga
>>
>>174657561
Yea i agree.
It's not enough for them to get attention for making a emulator they have to bring their dick or lack of one,political views,their damn cats,the fucking kitchen sink in with a project.
Byuu mudlord SP and all others fucking read this and just learn we do not give a fuck about your life we just want your fucking emulator.
>>
>>174657714
It's true, I don't have a link but it's on the forum
>>
>>174657408
I wasn't talking strictly multithreading. More the architecture.

Intel Cores =/= AMD Cores, although Ryzen bridged the gap a bit, it's still there.
>>
>>174659489
Explain in detail what you mean, and provide specific examples in code.
You can't, and you're writing nonsense. That's not how it works.
>>
>>174659489
I expected a lot more with Ryzen. I wanted to feel the glory days of the 64x2. When you could say " I have an AMD cpu in this machine" and not be laughed at.
It was a good atempt but i expected the results to be more on the nose. Because intel did what intel does best and sit back and laugh as AMD just spergs out all over the place.
>>
>>174659489
>the architecture.

The architecture is x86, like every fucking desktop CPU ever.
>>
>>174656775
>How about do your fucking job and shut the fuck up.

Last time I checked, emulator making isn't a job.
>>
>>174661707
Wut?

https://www.patreon.com/cemu
>>
>>174661707
>not a job
>Checks Cemu Patron account
Yea that excuse has been long dead.
Last time i checked Your fucking political views is not the fucking job ether. But we have to put up with Byuus gentals or fucking gender identity.
Fuck your feelings and focus on your fucking project.
>>
>>174661707
That depends
>>
>>174662075
>we have to put up with Byuus

When has byuu posted here?
>>
>>174662336
Does it matter? We still here about his fucking drama from his own fucking twatter account. His fucking tirade against the USPS. Let me ask you do you fucking care about the games he supposedly "lost" then found? Are you some Celeb worshiper? Because these guys are not worth your fucking devotion. They are Emu devs with unwarranted self importance. All i am asking is to cut the fucking prissy faggot bullshit like>>174656970.
okay? Fair fucking argument.
>>
>>174662336
Hi byuu did he upset you?
>>
>>174659782
>Examples of code
Now we're just being silly.
Let's just drop it. We'll be making stupid posts at each other for hours at this rate.
>>174659843
I wouldn't go that far. Intel panicked a bit and lowered the prices on everything when Ryzen launched.

Which is a good thing honestly. Intel needed that wakeup call.

>>174661005
Derp, not the word I was meaning to use.
Chipset. Or something, I don't know. I don't even care anymore. 8 hour shifts in the sun are getting to me.
>>
>>174663014
>I don't know.
No, definitely you don't..
>>
>>174663014
>Intel panicked
I don't think they did. When you have the sort of power that intel has to crush competition. The only reason AMD is still around now is because intel would get in shit with anti-trust laws. They seem to do this thing were they only crush AMD by like 15% if they get too uppity about stuff.
It's sort of sad when it comes to innovation, because intel can sit on anything good for years.
That's why i wanted Ryzen to come out swinging and force their hand a bit.
>>
Why doesn't Dolphin have emulated motion+ support? Are the devs too stupid to work it out? Who cares if input is wonky, you should still have fucking support for it.
>>
>>174663508
No one has cared enough to bother, aside from one guy who wrote a hacky/buggy implementation that he didn't even bother to open a PR for.
>>
File: Pq2Yra4.png (175KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pq2Yra4.png
175KB, 600x360px
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/KylePittman/20150420/241442/CRT_Simulation_in_Super_Win_the_Game.php

What have I done? I made a quick bullshit image in 5 minutes, put it on the net, and it just exploded. I only posted it to /vr/ like twice. Now it's being reposted in real articles.

I put no effort into it. Right is just one of those cheap vga to s-video connectors, and it's running RetroArch, with NTSC, with a huge amount of dust, causing the screen to look way blurrier than it should. Left isn't even a proper screenshot, but an image from google images.

I could re-do the image again, but actually trying to make it sorta accurate.
>>
>>174663508
Yea it should have support,but i would just buy a cheap controller with one attached from ebay or something.
It is a shame.
>>
>>174663940
Are you bullshitting or did you really make this? I saw it posted on another site and laughed when people actually thought the right was completely accurate.
>>
>>174664310

I made it for /vr/ a few years ago. The concept is valid, but the execution is super sloppy. It wa just something quick for /vr/. I had no clue it would blow up like this.
>>
>>174662646
>We still here about his fucking drama from his own fucking twatter account.

Well why are you following him on twitter?
>>
>>174664478
>impying i am
Now your being a faggot and denying people don't post his shit in this thread. see this>>174629825
Now Fuck your feelings and fuck off.
>>
>>174664469
now come out as a transgender emudev and reap the fame
>>
>>174664785
l2filter twitter links and stop being triggered
>>
>>174665010
l2keep your drama out of the projects and i will stop. I don't care about your fucking opinions all i care about is your fucking emu.
>>
>>174664785
>denying people don't post his shit in this thread

Well that's the fault of the people that post his shit here, isn't it?
>>
>>174665239
They would have nothing to post if he did not give them ammo now would they not my dear anon?
Fucking shut up and sit the fuck down.
>>
>>174665361
>people related to emulation aren't allowed to have personal stuff on their personal social media accounts on the off chance someone from /emugen/ decides to dig it up for shitposting

Maybe people wouldn't post shit if they didn't get a reaction out of people like you, ever thought about that sweetie?
>>
>>174664785
You're just really sad.
>>
>>174665679
>people related to emulation aren't allowed to have personal stuff
Exactly. Keep it strictly business. That's all i am saying dear. Let me guess you like feeding in to the attention whore that is byuu? You fucking cuck.
>>174665776
Did i hurt your feelings dear? Fucking good go die in a fire.
>>
>>174662646
>fucking prissy faggot bullshit
>ow! the edge: the post
>>
>>174666056
Aww poor baby. So triggered.
>>
>>174666089
>has no comeback
>has to resort to the buzzword "edgy"
Fail.
>>
>>174666056
>cuck
hullo reddit
>>
>>174666154
More like i am triggering you just asking for a bit of professionalism from byuu and the like.
It's a fair argument. I see no reason why you would go against it other than you are feeding him attention and do not like what i am saying about him.
>>
>>174666190
>has to put others' arguments down with childish namecalling
>claims this makes his argument "fucking fair"
Fail.
>>
>>174666056
>Exactly. Keep it strictly business.

Or else what?
>>
>>174666324
Aww keep going.
>>
>>174666325
It is fair. I see no reason why we should have to listen to his opinions posted by others or himself. It's not relevant to the emulator. Are you telling me it is?
>>
Is Persona 5 playable yet
>>
>>174666324
>professionalism

Having social media accounts and posting your personal stuff there is not unprofessional.
>>
>>174666475
Oh your triggered alright. How much does byuu pay you to defend his ass?
>>
>>174666501
Nope, I'm saying you're sperging like mad over a small issue, sperglord. The only one making mountains out of molehills here is you. So stfu and stop posting.
>>
>>174666631
Aww nothing sweetie.
>>
>>174666517
yep, on ps3
>>
>>174666594
It is when you only do it for attention.
>>174666657
So you will fight to the death to defend his faggotry then what loyal soldier you are.
>>174666692
So you do it for free? how loyal of you.
>>174666657
>small issue
Yea Sperging out at the USPS and causing a shitstorm is a "small issue".
I call that unprofessional and an embarrassment.
>>
>>174666903
Aww keep going. Your autism is endearing.
>>
>>174666903
>It is when you only do it for attention.

Well it seems to be working just fine then.
>>
>>174666903
>emudev is srs bsns
yeah yeah, sure bro.
>>
>>174666985
>buzzwords
>no argument or comeback because he knows i am right
>>
>>174667061
I'm only trying to waste time only a Friday night sweetie.
>>
>>174667161
>thinks i give a fuck
I am right, you know i am right.
Now your going
>iiii aaammm juusttt toolllling yyyyyyoouu
it's not going to work dear. I know your crying.
Honestly may i ask why are you defending byuu feelings so much? I am just an anon with no power to challenge the mighty byuu on his throne of an cycle accurate snes emulator.
>>
>>174667484
You're a pretty sad anon. I can keep going all night.
>>
>>174667550
So can i, nothing to do. Better i spend my time triggering you about byuus feelings.
>>
>>174667638
I'm getting kind of turned on anon. Let's keep going.
>>
File: emugen4.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
emugen4.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Keep it emulation related guys.
>>
>>174667726
Sure sweety do you like gay sex with socks on?
>>
>>174667768
He says while half the thread is talking about SP and his embezzlement.
>>
>>174667812
I like to wear cute socks with nothing on
>>
>>174668069
Good because i am about to give you the pounding of a lifetime. Bite the pillow i am going in dry.
>>
/emugen/ you are the worst fucking general holy shit
>>
>>174668875
glad to be of service :)
>>
>>174663940
Left looks better though
>>
>>174668176
Anon?
>>
File: 20170422052953_1.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170422052953_1.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
Sometimes during the aerial battles in Drakengard part of the Interface dissapear, minimap, targeting and such.
Any Ideas?
>>
>>174669807
PCSX2 is a shit emulator
>>
>>174670241
Sooo... Shit out of luck?
Also weird how the screenshots have a black bar to the right. there is no such thing in the actual emulation.
>>
Jesus, Henrik. 61 commits in just over two weeks? Dude is a coding machine.
>>
>>174670348
Yeah, pretty much, check the wiki and the forum before giving up though

Don't know what to say about the screenshot black bar thing
>>
>>174670587
Who's Henrik?
>>
>>174670752
Henrik Rydgard, lead guy on PPSSPP. Seriously, check his buildbot. Last version I had was 1.4-48 early this month. They're now at 1.4-109.
>>
>>174670587
>>174670890
It's almost all uknownbrackets, not henrik.
>>
>>174671090
Well, at least he's likely checking everyone else's PRs. He's fairly particular about things, IIRC.
>>
File: 20170422052928_1.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170422052928_1.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>174670623
Yeah I always check the wiki and such and couldn't really find anything.

And I don't really care about the black bar at all, since it doesn't impact gameplay at all. Just an oddity I noticed. Seems to be some config issue as it also happens with other games.
>>
>>174670587
>>174670752
>>174670890

Thought he was cancer dying?
>>
>>174671343
Nope, that was some random shit someone on here made up over a year ago.
>>
Guys I need help, anyone here know if PS4 controllers are compatible with Bluetooth 4.2?

trying to find the best bluetooth dongle, 4.2 seem the best but I'm not sure if it will work with the dualshock4
>>
>>174673594
Bluetooth is backwards compatible, and DS4s use BT 2.1, so yes.
>>
So, does anyone know where I can grab a copy of the code to the motionplus branch of dolphin? From what I can tell, it was on jpeterson's google code page but that's just a 404 now. I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

I tried it out, and it actually controls not bad with the right settings. But it's based on fucking Dolphin 3.0, which is 5+ years old at this point. I wonder how difficult it would be to port the changes to modern dolphin.
>>
Anyone else have issues running Rondo of Blood on Retroarch with the translation patch?

It just won't load for me while the original works fine.
>>
I forgot how fucking tedious it is to update a MAME set.
>>
>>174664469

Hi fellow /vr/ denizen.
>>
>>174671274

I see you too have been introduced to the wondrous insanity of Caim and Angelus' Murder Road Trip Extravaganza.

Uh...Don't expect to enjoy actually playing that TOO much, ya hear? There's a reason the LP exists.
>>
Alright, I'm trying to setup the Beetle HW core for RetroArch. This shit just doesn't work, I put the BIOS files properly and the logo shows up but it's slow as hell and it opens in a window bigger than my fucking screen for some reason (even though I'm running it 2x IR).

Is my computer just not good enough? It's an old laptop with a crap GPU (i7 2640M @ 2.80GHz, AMD Radeon HD 6470M).
>>
>>174530361
>diablo II
>Deus Ex
>Soul Calibur
what a time
>>
File: .png (5KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
.png
5KB, 640x576px
>>174530274
>>
Is Persona 5 actually playable(30fps) or just bootable.
>>
>>174689107

I love you for this.
>>
How long do you predict until BOTW will be playable on Cemu
>>
>>174670890
You forgot that he was the original Dolphin dev

Damn, everything that guy touches turns into gold
>>
Sup /emugen/, do you use any DSP plugins on RA?

I'm replaying some Golden Sun and it'd be nice to have an improvement on the sound department
>>
>>174659489
Multithreading in Emulation doesn't matter for anything that's not RPCS3 though, and maybe PCSX2.
The Ryzen Cores being separated in CCXs could matter or not there since it's a new way of handling Cores, but that's a whole different topic (worth adding, even the Windows Scheduler had problems with it, it actually killed a fraction of the CPU's real performance. You can prolly search it up on Google really quickly)

Since the majority of emulators relies in Single threaded performance, I'd say that the only thing that matters for them is how much can 1 core/thread do on its own.

>>174688748
I won't load that big ass pic, but..
>Diablo II
>PSX
>???

>>174689224
"Persona 5 rpcs3" in Youtube filtered by Upload Date, you're welcome.
>>
>>174671274
But the black bar only happens in screenshots right?
>>
>>174696307
>Multithreading in Emulation doesn't matter for anything that's not RPCS3 though, and maybe PCSX2.
And mednafen.
>>
>>174699017
>mednafen
>multithreaded

Since when?
>>
Does Persona 3 FES run well on PCSX2?
>>
>>174699212
yes
>>
zsnes has the lowest delay
>>
>>174702779
you could say it's least retarded
>>
emugen more like emuDED
haha___
>>
>>
>>174647609
probably dynamite deka for Sega Saturn
>>
>>174621976

Yes, go Human. It is much better that way, I think.
>>
File: king of finland.jpg (21KB, 220x290px) Image search: [Google]
king of finland.jpg
21KB, 220x290px
>see pcsx_rearmed_libretro.dll.zip
>it doesn't work
>>
>>174696307
The Diablo port is surprisingly well made.
>>
The map in SJ here is doing all kinds of crazy shit. I switched from SoftRasterizer to OpenGL 3.2 and that fixed the fucky text that ATLUS games all seem to have, but here we are.

How do I fix
>>
>>174721334
You don't.
>>
>>174721334
It's probably related to DeSmuMEs inaccurate handling of texture and vertex coordinates. no$gba and medusa are also shitty like that. MelonDS is the only emulator to accurately emulate coords, but it's too fucking slow and incomplete to use. Maybe after it matures a bit someone will yank the code for that and place it in DeSmuME.
>>
>>174722443
After it matures into a usable emulator, why port anything to DeSmuME? It won't be needed.
>>
>>174668875
Have you seen /ptg/ on /g/? They give them a run for their money
>>
>>174722660
melonds will take years to reach the speed and usability of desmume, but it's code could be useful long before that happens.
>>
>>174689815
The second it becomes playable is when the devs lose half their patreon money. So a while
>>
>>174722805
This is why we don't support non-FOSS projects.
>>
Do you need a beast of PC to run that PS3 emulator?
>>
>>174722930
Call me when Decaf catches up
Should be easy since anyone can contribute right?
>>
>>174723075
To run it no not really even a meh build with an i3 and a GTX 1050 can.
At playable speed is another matter entirely and you're not doing that at all no matter your budget right now
>>
>>174723343

Pity. So all those 'playable' games on the list they have are just for show?
>>
>>174696307
>???
It's just on the cover on the far left. All of those games were being reviewed around the same time.
>>
>>174723592
They're likely fully "playable" just not at fullspeed and not without glitches, small PSN releases are much more likely to run well and fast enough, a mjaority of big commercial releases aren't gonna run well or at all for the foreseeable future.
>inb4 that one tard with P5 running at 20 fps on a $2k + build
>>
>>174724135

I see. Thanks for clearing it up anon.
>>
>>174721334
Did you try turning on line hack?
>>
>>174718338
>>174723752
Thing is though, Diablo II wasn't released anywhere else besides Windows and Mac.
>>
>>174729074
It's a gaming magazine, not a PS1 magazine.
>>
>>174527741
some games have texture packs for dolphin that replace fonts.
>>
>>174531143
a fancy gamecube that plays DVDs. what answer do you want?
>>
>>174576685
sunshine in dolphin is kinda shit unless you use little to no enhancements, at which point you may as well play it on hardware.
>>
>>174602397
is your memory card size 8mb? is there enough space? i can't think of much else that would cause save issues in pcsx2.
>>
>>174724135
>a mjaority of big commercial releases aren't gonna run well or at all for the foreseeable future.
Why? Didn't Demon's Souls run on a high range rig at 20 FPS without dynarec?
>>
>>174732601
A handful of game is not a majority.
>inb4 /v/eddit-tier meme about PS3 and lack of game
>>
>>174727958
It was already on, but I tried turning it off and nothing happened.
>>
What are the benefit of the dolphin bar? Can I just buy a usb sensor bar if I already have a bluetooth dongle?
>>
>>174739252
it's just for noobs to have a bluetooth receiver and sensor bar in one device, you can get a separate bar if you already have a good enough bluetooth dongle to use with dolphin.
>>
>>174739252
>What are the benefit of the dolphin bar?

It masks the wiimote from the OS and presents it as just another controller, this means the bar itself handles syncing, connect/disconnect, etc. like a real Wii would, making the whole process much painless. Also it has more bandwidth than going through most bluetooth stacks so there will be less issues in general (bluetooth adapter passthrough is still better though). It sucks as a sensor bar though, I mean it works but the LEDs burn out easily, they will die in no time. Oh and the bar also has a mode where it will let you control the mouse pointer with the wiimote but it's a bit jittery unless you have really steady hands, could be good for lightgun games in other emulators that don't have wiimote support I guess, never tried it myself.

Basically if you have no issues with your current bluetooth setup you can just buy a sensor bar and be done with it.
>>
why does the yandere hell meme game have choppy sound in rpcs3
>>
File: 20170422055253_1.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170422055253_1.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>174698938
Yeah only in screenshots. When I run it trough steam, the steam overlay popups are also cut off at the right allowing me to only see the left half of it, but like I said, gameplay seems to be completely unaffected as 100% of the game seems to be on screen with nothing cut off.
It's pretty weird.
>>
>>174740798
because rpcs3 is heavily indev
>>
>found a youtube channel who always upload a new video about the current best unofficial build of citra
>tfw the channel hasnt uploaded any new vid since end of Jan
What happen? I remenber after release of Sun/Moon citra keep getting new release everyday under both official and unofficial builds.
Did all those people just dont care anymore after sun/moon fully playable or something?
>>
>>174743304
yes but i haven't seen anyone else report sound problems with this game
>>
>>174531220
Jobs/university happened. It's just resting.
>>
>>174745339
>we've put it on the shelf to focus on other things

So yeah, it's dead.
>>
>>174747516
>le dolphin devs faec
I remember people saying that something exactly like this would happen and that the emulator itself would be unusable shit for a long time exactly because of Neobrain and his fuckboys. They weren't wrong.
>>
>>174747876
So doesn't that just prove my point?
>>
>>174747876
>Neobrain
nobrain*
>>
>>174748114
Best case scenario the original devs fuck off and someone that's better than them steps in, so not exactly.
>>
What's the fastest SNES emulator for a toaster? I don't care about accuracy for this shitheap.
>>
>>174729727
Oh.

>>174750127
ZSnes never failed me. I only tried Super Mario All-Stars, Chrono Trigger, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and a ROM Hack for Mario Kart on it though and there's a lot of people here who seems to dislike it.
>>
>>174750127
snes9x, I guess
>>
What's a good way, besides Skype, to share my screen with a friend?
>>
>>174750946
Teamviewer?
>>
>>174747516
RIP

>>174747876
>>174748891
I mean, I'm not sure why "earning a living" is such a revolutionary concept around here, but people just get busy. It's a matter of who has time to even look at stuff. It's not like everyone's just flailing at a keyboard utterly failing to make progress.
>>
>>174751059
Don't you have to buy like a huge business license for that? I just wanna play Persona 3 with my buddies.

Maybe I should stream it insteaD?
>>
>>174751772
Dunno. It's been ages since the last time I used it. I don't have any friends to share my screen with now.
>>
>>174751772
>with
just stream on youtube or twitch, you'll get better quality at the cost of latency
>>
>>174566580
Witcher 3 is a bad game but for different reasons.
>>174575870
Yes use RA
>>174580925
Geom looks like aperture grille CRTs, lottes looks like shadow mask CRT's, they need tweaking though.
>>174583871
>these days
You're over a decade late to the party
>>174589321
Mednafen
>>174589323
It's not really.
>>174653343
>Ryzen is a possibility.
Don't do it.
>>174750127
SnesGT is good, also snes9x
>>
>>174751772
If you just want them to watch then that's literally what streaming is for.
>>
>tfw using exclusive mode WASAPI for the first time
>>
>>174755902
you're gonna have to describe that feel to us, we don't know what difference it made in your setup
>>
>>174753950
steam streaming is also pretty decent but i haven't tried it with emulators
>>
>>174755902
>abstractkindoffeel.png
>>
>>174755902
Can you do that in Windows?
>>
>>174755902
Not as enthusiastic as you, audio is garbled to shit with exclusive mode on and with it off it's just Xaudio "sound randomly dies" edition and somehow no other audio driver works at all so I'm left either having to downgrade or suffer through with audio dying randomly.
>>
Is there a recent N64 emulator that has netplay?
>>
File: Untitled.png (564KB, 1264x704px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
564KB, 1264x704px
I did it, guys.
>>
>>174757292
One word: instant.
>>
>>174757603

Exclusive mode and shared mode both work fine on my hardware. There are still issues related to fullscreen toggling and running the menu with pause disabled, though.

Then again all the other audio drivers are working fine for me as well so IDK
>>
>>174662075
Just because someone made it their job doesn't mean others do. I know I personally don't make it my job, and I sporadically work on shit instead of being told to like a monkey on a typewriter typing War and Peace for 10000000000000000 hours.
>>
>>174757803
No
>>
Where is the best place to buy a bartop arcade kit in the US for a mame setup?
>>
What are some good Mario World romhacks that you dont have to play on ZSNES? I remember wanting to get into them but the few I tried only ran on ZSNES
>>
>>174722443
>>174722660
>>174722762

Actually, anything that replaces Desmume outright would be a net positive (provided it's not closed-source payware fuckshit).

Desmume devs are uncooperative and hostile. The exchange rate on what they provide in return for putting up with how damn difficult they are is very low.
>>
So I'm trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 for PCSX2 but I keep getting the "another installation is already in progress" error

what do?
>>
>>174770325
look for the installer process in task manager and kill it
>>
>>174773090
thanks jesus i'm retarded
>>
>>174769495
>Desmume devs are uncooperative and hostile.
Why do people lie on the internet? Everything you've said is false.
>>
>>174775216

Then explain why one of their leads refuses to fix anything that might improve accuracy for the DS Pokemon games to this day?

While you're at it, you can also explain the fallout involving their WIFI emulation that caused one dev to simply walk away.

That shit is not acceptable. And from what I understand, the same unstable fuckhead was involved in both decisions.
>>
>>174775216
Either you're zeromus or you've never interacted with zeromus.
>>
Is there a way to emulate online interactions with Desmume, like running two at once? I need to trade an item online to level it up in this game.
>>
>>174776408
No.
There used to be after someone worked to implement it, but zeromus removed the code for reasons.
>>
>>174776586
Ah well, guess I'll have to cheat then.
>>
is project64 still doing that BSOD shit or is that fixed now
>>
>>174777128
>is project64 still doing that BSOD shit or is that fixed now
fixed in newer versions.
>>
>>174754950
SNESGT, good times. I remember how I would always choose it over anything else because the intro to kirby super star didn't lag on it.
>>
File: 1454358433957.webm (150KB, 322x368px) Image search: [Google]
1454358433957.webm
150KB, 322x368px
Any N64/Saturn emulation stuff for Vita?
>>
What does CC stand for? (audio resampler)
>>
>>174775216
>>174775502
Worth adding, fixing the errors that Zeromus didn't wanted to fix was/would supposedly also fix errors in other games.

Oh yeah, and you might also explain why Zeromus literally took the code for the resolution upper from X432R and incorporated into the main Desmume, considering that he stated years ago that anything higher than native was against his "muh play as the devs intended" shitty principles, 1st Anon.

>>174776408
That pic looks interesting, may I ask which game it is?
>>
File: 51v7EqxNWhL.jpg (60KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
51v7EqxNWhL.jpg
60KB, 500x447px
>>174784938
Pretty neat little game, very slow though, apparently the 3rd and 4th are the best.
>>
File: 5la09xgyt5ty[1].jpg (99KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
5la09xgyt5ty[1].jpg
99KB, 1440x1440px
>byuu code
>>
>>174785142
Comments are for pussies.
Experienced programmers who can't read uncommented code shouldn't even bother to continue.
Only acceptable comments are to explain magic numbers unless the context of it explains it well enough.
>>
>>174785632
>Comments are for pussies.

Yeah, and variable names should be only a single letter unless you have more than 26 variables, in which case it is acceptable to use two letters.
>>
>>174785632
>>174785836
I remember how in HS my programming teachers would give you low grades if the program worked exactly as it was intended but it had no comments. Good times.
>>
What are the optimal settings to have Persona 3 FES, Nocturne and DDS run fast on PCSX2?
>>
>>174788007
>play Persona 3
>seems to run well on my toaster, no slowdows
>reach welcome speech and it starts having slight slowdowns
And I thought I could finally play something without slowdowns.
>>
>>174534776
>>not even on github
lmao
>>
>>174530274
>>174530361
The best way to see someone is an underage piece of shit is when they get triggered by someone calling the first Playstation the PSX.

Multiple magazines all over the place called it that way.
>>
>>174789365
Yep, though I've seen people acting this way a decade ago as well.
>>
does bravely default run well on citra?
>>
>>174789896
"bravely default citra" on Youtube filtered by Upload Date, you're welcome.
>>
>>174669807
Played that in pcsx2 recently and I didn't have any issues like that.
Ran 1.5.0-dev-1913 w/ OpenGL set to pretty much default.
>>
>>174669807
>>174791893
This guy's right, you should use 1.5.0 if you're not using it already.

Also if nothing works try going into software mode, it might make the game unplayably slow though
>>
>>174792220
The Merge Sprite hack that was added in the recent nightlies fixes some fullscreen effect fucking up when using above native resolution.
>>
Is there any libretro core that supports using the mouse as a lightgun?
>>
new CEMU patch is out yo
>>
File: 1492873710363[1].jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1492873710363[1].jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Notice the lack of black lines you dumb niggers.

FUCK YOUR BLACK LINE AUTISM
>>
>>174784938
Again, what do you get out of lying on the internet? desmume has fixes for the Pokemon games, and the high res code was not directly lifted from that shitty fork.
>>
File: 1492964841544.jpg (979KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1492964841544.jpg
979KB, 2560x1440px
>>174797439
But there's a really thick vertical black line right here
>>
>>174796501
leak when
I swear to fucking god if splatoon is still broken...
>>
>>174797439
>>174797721
Fags
>>
Hello Emugen, I realize I use Retroarch quite a bit and I was thinking about giving money to the pateron

since the pateron, have there been any large leaps in development that would justify my money?
>>
>>174801004
SP got a new TV, that's a large leap
>>
>>174801221
I dont care about that though, I was talking more about core updates like PPSSPP, Reicast and the Vulkan PSX emulator
>>
>>174801004
>since the pateron, have there been any large leaps in development that would justify my money?

Not really. It's probably just a monthy drug fund.
>>
>>174801004
Why don't you just give the money to me
>>
Does the PS1 redump torrent still exists?
>>
>>174802121
See for yourself if it does.
>>
>>174801004
Not really, PPSSPP updated port has been coming "next week" for over a month now and not much actual progress had come to the Vulkan cores or PGXP implementation despite being updated elsewhere.
>>
>>174802453
that's fucked, that all I wanted really
>>
File: mummified ppsspp.png (813KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mummified ppsspp.png
813KB, 1920x1080px
>>174802453
>>
>>174802536
donate and make it happen
>>
>>174803262

>Donate to Daniel's monthly drug fund
>>
Shame the new Cemu release is pretty much solely BotW fixes. When are they going to fix things like the shitty audio in TP. Guess they had to push this update out to keep their patreon from dropping. It's gone down like $2k in the last week or so.
>>
>>174802803
only if a superior standalone option existed, oh wait
>>
>>174803483
if only all those donations went to a better emulator
>>
>>174803262
I dont have any evidence that suggests that if I do, it will happen
>>
>>174803858
You won't know for sure unless you try it.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 244x206px
>>174526281
Is the DS soft moddable?
I'm thinking of doing this, but I don't want to bork my 8th gen consoles. Should I softmod a ds or a wii as a first project.
>>
>>174803796
it got donations because the progress was fast and not the other way around
>>
>>174803483
Since most of the updates are for one games, are they just hacks?
>>
Cemu 1.7.5 crack:
>>>/v/374770282
Delete serial.bin if you have it.
>>
>>174804779
>RPCS3 has existed for 5 years with nothing note worthy to show us aside from Demon's Souls you dope. Give me one good reason to donate to them. Even FUCKING Xenia has a better chance of emulating 7th gen games than RPCS3
Glad to know BOTW is all you need to get rich on Patreon
>>
>>174797439
Get a better TV.
>>
>>174804848
/v/ never cease to disappoint when it comes to being entirely fucking wrong about emulation.
>>
>>174804468
I've done the risk analysis and according to my assessment, I cant justify it yet
>>
>>174801004
WASAPI driver got created after a bounty was posted.
>>
>>174804717
>Is the DS soft moddable?

No. Just get a flashcart while they are still around.
>>
>>174804848
Does he not know that Persona 5 have been making strides on progress?
>>
> Donating to emulator creators
Why has the internet gone mad?
>>
>>174805187
Why? That would stifle his baseless claim.
>>
File: rich ebins.png (84KB, 262x368px) Image search: [Google]
rich ebins.png
84KB, 262x368px
>>174803262
>sorry boss but maybe if I got a raise, just maybe, I'd be able to finish the work I said I'd have ready last month
>why am I being unjustly fired?
>>
>>174805096
You have men at a disadvantage here, what is a WASAPI driver?
>>
>>174805401
Muh exclusive audio connection
>>
File: 1434490935604.gif (2MB, 750x396px) Image search: [Google]
1434490935604.gif
2MB, 750x396px
>>174805460
>>
So

Do you think Nier will run without many problems on RPCS3 in ten years?
>>
>>174804848
You mean a game that was released then 1 month later was on a playable state, RPCS3 was nowhere that good when Demon's Souls or any PS3 game people wanted to playcame out. Did it even exist back then?

You guys whine all the time about Cemu getting donations but you don't seem to comprehend why it got them.
>>
>>174806262
Hold on, let me write an emulator for my crystal ball.
>>
>>174806262
Who cares about RPCS3? Cemu playing one game flawlessly is all the emulation scene needs.
>>
>>174806262
probably, considering it already goes in-game.
>>
>>174806328
Because nobody wants to own a Nintendo console?
>>
>>174806262
Original NIER sucks dude, people over hype the fuck out of it.

I know first hand since I have the platinum trophy
>>
>>174806797
I'll have to play it first to see if that's true
>>
>>174806731
no, because it has made very fast progress, the Wii U is what 4 years old and BotW was playable at release, and mostly fixed less than a month after it releasedThe PS3 emu is for a 10 years old console and is nowhere in the state Cemu is
>>
>>174775216
>>174775502
>>174784938
>>174797478
>X is Y!
>false!
>You never know what it's like being with X!
>liar! Z!
Every time I go to an argument online it's always this shit.
>>
>>174806262

Nier is in Steam you nip.
>>
>>174806943
Nah, pretty sure it's because nobody wants to own a Nintendo console.
>>
>>174806873
Okay, be excited for lame ass gameplay, okay story and decent music
>>
>>174807043
The first one anon, the first one
>>
>>174807059
[citation needed]
people complain about PS2 emulation being terrible all the time and it was a very popular console

you just don't get why people got excited over Cemu
>>
>>174807207
does PCSX2 have a Patreon? make a goal of kicking out gregory
>>
>>174807267
Now seriously, the PCSX2 should open a Patreon, they would probably manage to get atleast a thousand a month.
>>
Installing a PSP game does what for PPSSPP?
>>
>>174807490
the PCSX2 team*
>>
>>174807267
>kicking one of the few competent people in PCSX2
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>174807634
sometimes you have to break a few eggs
>>
pcsx2 is such a shit emulator, people say Okami emulates great when it looks nothing like it's supposed to be, amaterasu's glowing effect is all messed up so you either get a dim ammy or you get messy effects all over the place
>>
>>174807618
You're talking about install data right?

I think it makes load times faster
>>
>>174807749
yeah I mean install data, so it actually does something in PPSSPP, thats interesting

I always avoided it

Thanks
>>
>>174807832
a ramdisk might be better
>>
>>174807267
>kicking literally the only guy doing anything worthy of note

What for? So we can finally declare PCSX2 defunct and move on?
>>
>>174807889
Why?
>>
>>174804779
That crack is fishy, I wouldn't trust it. It's probably another lostboy scenario.
>>
>>174808025
Just let the entire ISO sit in RAM and let PPSSPP read from it?

Not rocket science, and install data shouldn't even be in the same ballpark.

Just throwing out ideas.
>>
>>174808136
Shouldn't PPSSPP also be in the ramdisk for it to work?
>>
>>174808185
Doubt it. For Windows I'd recommend imdisk.
>>
File: 1488407963190.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488407963190.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>174807678
>you either get a dim ammy or you get messy effects all over the place

_he looks plenty white to me.
>>
>>174808347
Christ that looks like shit
>>
>>174808347
>jpg
>>
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/theres-no-nintendo-switch-emulator

pls remember
>>
>>174808472
>lying on the internet
I'm playing the entire switch library on my PC right now
>>
File: Okami PS2.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Okami PS2.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>174808347
Like I said that's not what the game is supposed to look like, your image shows a lot of ghosting, look at that bamboo, it ends up looking like a blurry abomination
>>
>>174808472
How would a Switch emulator handle handheld and docked mode?

What if users want an authentic crippled experience, as tailored by handheld mode?
>>
>>174807889
>>174808136
>>174808185
>>174808257
PPSSPP already has a setting for running games from RAM
System>Cache full ISO in RAM
>>
>>174809002
Huzzah! I'd assume it break even with a ramdisk then.
>>
File: IMG_2326.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2326.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>174526281
So I have a Verizon ellipsis 8 tablet and I can't seem to run retroarch. When I launch it it just goes to the menu. When I select an icon it's like it doesn't do anything else and I can't choose anything else. Is there anyway to fix this?
>>
>>174809002
Does it include install data? Quick googling reveals some games require it even on PPSSPP (due to the PSP itself).
>>
>>174808838
>ghosting

That's what happens when you upscale, shit breaks because the games weren't made to be run above their original resolution. If you want the game like it is supposed to look like, play at native resolution, and at that point you might as well run in software mode which shouldn't have any glitches whatsoever.
>>
>>174808838
>jpg
>>
>>174809323
no, install data is still in your save folder so you'd need a ramdisk for that
>>
>>174808838
Not saying it looks correct, but there's just as much ghosting around Ammy in your image.
>>
>>174809469
PPSPP cache save directory to RAM when
>>
How's the raspberry pi 3 for PS1 emulation?

Trying to get some platform that I can connect to my old TV for general emulation. I can't connect my laptop, so I considered that one.
>>
>>174807678
>>174808347
>>174808838
>>174809393

I've played around with the new hacks for a bit and basically it boils down to
>Z-fighting, improper bloom but correct ghosting
or
>Z-fighting, correct bloom and improper ghosting
So pick you poison, the ghosting happens on the real hardware too so it's supposed to be there.
Don't have the exact setting in mind but they involve sprite filtering hack, merge sprite hack and the half pixel offset hack.
Software is mostly correct but has Z-fighting for reference.

>_he looks plenty white to me.
In the original Japanese version Amaterasu is refered to by a gender neutral pronoun
>>
>>174530361

B T F O

T

F

O
>>
wat

https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1586
>>
File: beck mario.jpg (121KB, 738x777px) Image search: [Google]
beck mario.jpg
121KB, 738x777px
>>174813802

>when you obsess over some weirdo who does nothing anymore
>>
>>174807043
D
E
N
U
V
O V U N E D
>>
>try WASAPI with shared mode
>shitty audio, guess CPU can't take it
>let's go back to the xaudio driver
>open up game, play for 30 seconds
>BBRRRRRRTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>ear raped with no lube

almost got a heart attack

I guess that happens because I disabled exclusive mode?
>>
>>174805401
http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_audio#WASAPI

Exclusive mode means the program takes exclusive control over the audio device. Windows system sounds won't play and the program will be able to bypass the Windows mixer and have the lowest possible latency (usually around 2ms to 4ms, much lower than otherwise).
>>
>>174814653
Your system has some kind of problem if Xaudio is doing that...
>>
>>174815367
I noticed one change. The audio output rate is at 44100 instead of the default 48000 from before.
>>
>>174815498
>>174815367
nvm, found the issue

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4301

I guess I'll use dsound or change the rate back to 48000. Dunno which would be the better option.
>>
Havent emulated shit in awhile

Is Ratchet and Clank / Sly Cooper playable yet anons?
>>
>>174816642
Now? Yeah.
>>
So are there any systems RetroArch does that just shouldn't be done with it?

I know it forks a few things I think, but thats usually a trade off and preference. But are there anything it just is drastically inferior on?
>>
So I noticed that Tekken 3 now runs on mednafen retroarch without those graphical issues from interlacing, the models animation looks normal even without any filters or shaders.
>>
>>
>>174817476
I suppose that's a good thing

Right?
>>
>>174818163
Yes. It took me by surprise cause I'm always testing this game and updating the core but don't pay attention to changelogs.
>>
>>174818045
It's bloody RAW
>>
Anyone have a good CRT shader for PCSX2? All the ones the wiki lists are .cg
>>
Please sir, may I have a skybox?
>>
>>174820543
There isn't anything decent for native PCSX2 shaders. Try Reshade.
>>
File: 1492095788879.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1492095788879.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
Currently on PCSX2's Github page

Issues: 295
pull requests: 25
>>
Where is a non-torrent location to get the disc files for Daphne?

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Daphne
>>
So I'm trying to enjoy some golden sun and have played it for a few days now with the mgba core in retroarch, shit going fine.

Today I try to play some, and at random parts (well, not so random, so far they involve buying items) the game decides to just freeze and the music keeps playing.

Think this might be a problem with the ROM dump itself, or maybe it's the emulator? or my PC being real fucking weird?
>>
eyetoy emulation when?
>>
File: 1420583820678.gif (66KB, 699x800px) Image search: [Google]
1420583820678.gif
66KB, 699x800px
>>174820708
Switch to software renderer while in a race then back again.
>>
>>174822542
mgba is trash
>>
>>174814653
>try
>wasapi
>shared
>>
>tfw not bad GPU but bad CPU
>>
>>174824138
Should I use vba then?
>>
>take a shit on the ground
>control another dog and make him carry my shit in his mouth
dog's life is a good game
>>
File: we-will-kill-them.jpg (128KB, 467x357px) Image search: [Google]
we-will-kill-them.jpg
128KB, 467x357px
>>174824138
And I'm sure you've got a very compelling argument to back up that opinion.
>>
File: 1483882988413.jpg (67KB, 960x736px) Image search: [Google]
1483882988413.jpg
67KB, 960x736px
>>174824092
Any reason in particular why they couldn't just, I don't know, fix the issue?
>>
>>174824928
>homer simpson will never shove his fat ass in your face
>>
File: u9gyXcT.jpg (56KB, 710x480px) Image search: [Google]
u9gyXcT.jpg
56KB, 710x480px
>>174827026
No, he wont. He won't fix PCSX2 either. Though I doubt even NASA could at this point.
>>
>>174824928
Any reason in particular why doctors couldn't just, I don't know, cure cancer?
>>
>>174827756
>fixing emulation bugs is on par with curing cancer

You emudevs are such self-important scumbags.
>>
>>174827756
Why do you consider fixing a bug in PCSX2 such a difficult task? Sounds like you don't have much faith in the devs.
>>
>>174827310
PCSX2 can't be fixed but it can be made better
>>
hi emu friends, I'm looking for a cheap portable emulation solution; is the PSP still worthwhile?
>>
>>174829026
The Vita is better these days. Or you know, any Android device made in the last decade. If you don't have very high requirements you'll probably be content with a PSP.
>>
>>174829120
Much appreciated, anon. I'm not too picky, Vita is still stupid expensive and seems complicated to hack, and playing on phones is a no-go for me. I was thinking about a Vita TV as an upgrade to ky hacked Wii though. Missed the boat when those things were $20.
>>
give me some jrpgs to emulate
and dont say final fantasy, persona, or shin megami tensei
I have already finished those
>>
>>174830794
Disgaea
>>
>>174830867
Now that I think about it, Disgaea 1 and 2 already have PC ports, but the spin offs and other sequels don't, in fact, I think Disgaea 3 is one of the few fully playable games on RPCS3.
>>
>>174829897
>Vita TV as an upgrade to ky hacked Wii though

Why would you do that? The Vita TV is literally a nonportable Vita, it's weaker than a Wii.
>>
>>174830794
You finished ALL the final fantasy games?
>>
>>174831048
what specifically is worse on a vita TV than on a wii
>>
>>174831183
over the span of 10 years. yes
>>
>>174831319
But ALL of them?

Like, even the tactics and crystal chronicles ones?
>>
>>174831632
yes. its really not that hard.
been playing the games since I got 10 together with my ps2 in 01 for my 9th birthday
>>
>>174743304
>rpcs3
Wasn't it initially a java based emulator that was never intended to be fully functional to play games on? If I'm not mistaken, the lead dev at the time said that it would only serve as research for an actual PS3 emulator.

They must've had a stroke when they saw how much money Cemu was making because of BotW and then decided to specifically target some of the most popular PS3 games with bandaid code to get them in-game in order to generate false hope and Patreon hype. I don't see this emulator not being a clunky piece of crap at any point.
>>
>>174831873
EVEN Revenant Wings?
>>
>>174832072
>Wasn't it initially a java based emulator that was never intended to be fully functional to play games on?
No, that was jPCSP, a psp emu.
>>
>>174831292
The hardware.
>>
>>174832179
why is it not believable? Ive also played all of the Final Fantasy games, except for the mobile phone ones
>>
>>174833215
specific emulators, smartass
>>
>>174833409
How about you fucking google it?
>>
>>174833990
how about you fucking tell me what emulators you think run worse on a vita than on a wii because you brought it up, faggot?
>>
>>174834062
Or else what you gonna do, bitch? Downvote me? I'm not here to do your fucking homework for you.
>>
>>174834269
Back up your claim, bitch.
>>
>>174834410
No.
>>
Can anyone tell me how to fix the FUCKING crashes on 1.7.5? It's nonstop, ugh. Using stasis is a guaranteed crash almost
>>
>>174831048
I understand the non-portable aspect, I meant as a home solution, but wouldn't the Vita TV at least be in HD? I'm running 480p with an HDMI adapter on my Wii, which for a total of $14 for the whole rig is pretty damn good, but it's still 480p.
>>
>>174837713
Vita TV is 960x544 cropped to 16:9 and upscaled to 720p or 1080i, i wouldn't buy one hoping for much of a resolution improvement.
>>
my 3.20 vita TV with TN-X was excellent for PS1 emulation, but then talkman travel tokyo stopped running no matter how many whitelist hacks i tried, so i can't FTP more games onto it.
>>
>>174837305
Wait a few months before playing through the game. HTH
>>
Are i5-series laptop CPUs suitable for 6th gen emulation, particularly Dolphin? The Dolphin wiki mentioned i5 as being recommended, but then mentioned i7 for laptops.

I'd like to get a refurb XBAWKS HEUG workstation laptop and I'd like to know how cheap I can go while still being able to pull 50+ FPS.
>>
>>174838027
Fair enough, much appreciated.
>>
File: 1367244588701.jpg (28KB, 525x633px) Image search: [Google]
1367244588701.jpg
28KB, 525x633px
I have a 290X with the newest drivers installed today and i5-3570k and Mario Kart 8 has a framerate that jumps all over the place, what can I do to improve performance in CEMU 1.7.4d?
>>
>>174840014
Using a shader cache?
If you are then it might just be a case of
>AMD
>>
>>174840169
I think so, it loads shader cache when I boot up, how do I disable it?
>>
>>174840253
>I think so
So then no. Download from here and read the FAQ:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CEMUcaches/
>>
>>174808083
The crack was done this way so it would work in a similar way as a keygen. Meaning it might work on future versions.

If its fishy, my guess is the AVs are picking up the obfuscation, virtualization, and all manner of integrity checks on the DLL itself. And thus, they think its a virus.
>>
>>174802453
>for over a month
More like for almost 3 months.
>>
>>174839405
Probably would depends on the i5 SKU. I can't remember how they are marked, but some are throttled laptop low heat versions and others are somewhat close to desktop performance. Often on cheap ones they are throttled to make less heat.
>>
>>174841712
I was also thinking about going up to i7-4XXX series (something like a Zbook, Latitude, Y or W-series, etc.) because Intel are a pack of lying Jews when it comes to naming CPUs. I was also thinking that a workstation might have better cooling and might take more abuse. I'm hoping that I can get decent performance out of a ~$650 refurb.
>>
>>174832182
I heard RPCS3 started off with a similar premise as jPCSP anyway, which is plausible.
>>
>>174842863
Nope, it was always intended to eventually run commercial games.
Unless you mean because they both started as debuggers, but nearly every emulator for a then unemulated system starts out like that.
>>
>>174841712
>>174842496
Forgot to mention that I'm interested mostly in playing Gamecube games, not Wii.
>>
File: 180px-Wii-Console.png (21KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Wii-Console.png
21KB, 180x180px
What are the options for soft modding a wii and what emulators can realistically be expected to work on it?
>>
>>174843940
>softmodding
look it up yourself, faggot.
NES, SMS, SNES, MD/Genesis, GB/C, and GBA will work nearly flawlessly and at full speed. Obviously you can load in GCN and Wii ISOs as well. It's pretty nice. Get component cables though.
>>
>>174844072
Oh, and WiiMednafen gives you the Virtual Boy and Wonderswan/Color if you're into that.
>>
>>174844072
>look it up yourself, faggot.
I did look it up. There are a few options. The recommended is something called "Letterbomb", but I'm not sure of it,
I figured I'd double check for advice in the emulation general thread before choosing.
>>
What is the best way to emulate OOT?
>>
>>174829897
>Vita is still stupid expensive and seems complicated to hack
>be on firmware 3.60
>go to a website and click a button
must be 18, yadda yadda
>>
File: Untitled.png (524KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
524KB, 1360x768px
Are there any tools to analyze a Sunshine save file and tell me what fucking blue coins I'm missing?
>>
>>174845674
>trying to 100% sunshine

Now why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>174845607
nostalgia
>>
Wouldn't a PSTV be a better micro-emulation console than the Wii though?

Barring stuff like RPis.
>>
>>174846023
No, its CPU is weaker, and it can't do 240p.
>>
>>174844072
Letterbomb rules, it takes like 10 minutes to hack a wii. You can get a $4 HDMI adapter from AliExpress that looks way better (and somehow has better input lag) than component if you're using an HDTV. If you're running it with a CRT you can use whatever, and the Wii is pretty much the best for native 240p emulation. Gamecube to PS1/2 controller adapters are nice if you're too bothered by the bluetooth lag, but the classic controller pro kicks ass. Nintendont is cool and lets you run GCN ISOs natively, and even force progressive scan, and it works with pretty much any controller, even wireless.

>>174845673
I'm 28 hombre, I've just never owned a Vita. I read the pastebin and shit, but I've only touched a Vita like once, so I have no idea. I've never had an issue hacking my other shit, cut me some slack, it was just a mistaken observation based on limited knowledge of the platform.
>>
Should I use the x64 or x86 version of RetroArch? Does the x86 lack any core compatibility?
>>
>>174846607
I've been using a component cable with my Wii. Can you give me a link to the HDMI adapter so I can buy it?
>>
>>174847210
http://s.aliexpress.com/ymQFZJ7J

I just got the cheapest one I could find and I've been really surprised with how decent it is. Component gave me weird analog interference on my HDTV, this is a huge step up, and I can still swal cables and use my CRT if I want to.
>>
>>174847084
Always use x64 if you can.
>>
>>174847426
Thanks. The component looks pretty good, but I get some blurriness from it being analog. Hopefully this will sharpen things up.

>>174847481
Thanks. I wanted to be sure I wasn't going to hit some major compatibility issue like with some legacy x86-only core or something.
>>
>>174847426
>Component gave me weird analog interference on my HDTV
perhaps you just had shitty component cables
>>
Breath of the Wild is pretty good on Cemu now. Problem is that the game just makes me want to play Twilight Princess again.

After Crysis 3 was cancelled, it became apparent that the Wii U has no gaems. It's all Japanese stuff.
>>
Guys, got some question, is the borderless screen is already included in PCSX 2 ?

People keep talking about the wide screen patch but i see in the setting of PCSX 2 already included wide screen
>>
What are the best pinball emulators? Most of the info I found is out of date.
>>
>>174851367
All pinball is the same, just play the pinball included with Windows.
>>
>>174845674
Welp, I found them and finished it. Totally not worth it just for that one extra pic at the end.
>>
>>174850739
tekken tag2 still doesn't really work. That and botw are the only rasins to own a wii/u cemu-comp.
>>
>>174852030
There's also Bayonetta 2, which seems to be coming along okay. There are some decent Wii U games, but Wii U tended to get shitty ports.
>>
So not used RA in a long time. I can't seem to find the config options for Desume. My audio is full of s tatic and I'm trying to fix it. Any clue?
>>
>>174534756
Please make it stop
>>
>>174841561
Muddy, are you getting many crashes with your crack on Botw? Using stasis in a certain shrine is guaranteed to crash for me after fast travel, but other people don't seem to have the issue. Could it be related to your crack somehow? I doubt you're messing with emulator logic but it's worth asking
>>
File: 1493003232998[1].jpg (390KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
1493003232998[1].jpg
390KB, 800x531px
>>174854151
>>
>>174859067
sky not pink would not emulate
>>
>>174858784
Dunno, I'll have to play BOTW. I guess I have to start reading up on Cemu in general to play BOTW to test things.

People have been finding 1.7.5 to be buggy in general, so i dont know what the go is.
>>
>>174526281
MelonDS v0.2 is out, gentlemen.
http://melonds.kuribo64.net/board/thread.php?id=19
>>
>>174859354
How come no emudevs gave a shit about DS emulation until the past month?
>>
>>174859392

Because they're starting to realize the 3DS is the end of the line.
>>
>>174859354

>MelonDS

>Dev Country of Origin: France

Really activates my almonds...
>>
So is PSP and NDS through RetroArch junk or am I missing something?
>>
>>174861532
what's wrong with desmume?
>>
>>174861591
Audio has static. I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Other than that it seems to run okay.

I want to jam as many systems into one interface as I can so I'm hoping there is a way. Some say turning on audio sync or something does it but those directions were for the stand alone emulator.
>>
>>174861591

Everything.
>>
File: file.png (194KB, 1097x868px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
194KB, 1097x868px
>>174861591

On retroarch?

At least pic related when i try to play.
>>
>>174861591
Cutting off the nose to spite the face development mentality. Also WiFi never.
>>
>>174859354
Pretty good. Much better than that awful crap Endrift is working. Still miles behind DeSmuME in speed, though.
>>
>>174861591
Is that the one that you need a Titan Xp for to run at high res?
>>
>>174862912

Endrift is working on a DS emulator?
>>
>>174863390
Yeah, and he thought he was funny by announcing it on April 1st:
https://mgba.io/2017/04/01/mgba-2.0/

You can download a build of it on the downloads page, but don't bother. It sucks.
>>
File: fft randomizer.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fft randomizer.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
Very interesting. I remember on the Playstation how if you zoomed out, the sprites looked bad and uneven. I now know this is because of non-integer scaling. Now I'm watching some guy play it on an emulator testing out a randomizer. He zooms out and it looks fine.

Higher resolution and bilinear texture filtering seems to be what fixes it.

A less obvious example of how emulation can improve graphics.
>>
File: 1011_20_226_2007.png (69KB, 470x347px) Image search: [Google]
1011_20_226_2007.png
69KB, 470x347px
>>174863532

But...But.....How!?

Christ Jesus.

Does he really think he can support all that single-handedly? Why bother with the GB shit then? Doesn't the GBA portion still need some work? Can current processors even take a high-accuracy software DS emulator?

Goddamnit, this is going to be byuu all over again, isn't it? Shit.
>>
>>174864569
The GB stuff was just a nice side project to make sure the mGBA code was prepared to handle multiple cores, supposedly, not an actual complete and accurate emu. Is there anything mGBA doesn't emulate properly?
>>
File: 1011_46_226_2007.png (80KB, 470x325px) Image search: [Google]
1011_46_226_2007.png
80KB, 470x325px
>>174864953

I still keep seeing commits fixing actual issues like https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/commit/c9d411a762ec6ef13c3108d0479408f8326df442 (and everything that followed on from that).

Is there a whole great lot left to fix? Not that I can tell (admitted layman here). But I still wonder if the dude hasn't gone off the deep end. It's not that it wouldn't be fantastic, but I question if consumer hardware could handle it.

>The GB stuff was just a nice side project to make sure the mGBA code was prepared to handle multiple cores, supposedly, not an actual complete and accurate emu.

But his post doesn't make it out like that at all, and it's just one more (redundant, let's remember) thing he has to maintain. I've taken a look at the commit logs, man: he's largely a one-guy show. He's not getting much in the way of code contribution. What's gonna happen in 9 months or whatever when someone decides they can stomach hiring his freaky ass? That's where all this free time has been coming from: unemployment.

I say in another year at most he'll find himself struggling to maintain what he's built.
>>
>>174865471
>I still keep seeing commits fixing actual issues like https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/commit/c9d411a762ec6ef13c3108d0479408f8326df442 (and everything that followed on from that).
Sure, but fixes for that kind of stuff just trickle on as issues are found. It's not like continuously re-auditing the codebase has much of a chance of finding issues like those.

What do you suggest she do instead, sit on her ass while doing nothing? The massive majority of commits in the past months were not even GBA stuff, they were improvements to the UI or code refactors.

About the performance fears, you do know mGBA is the fastest GBA emu except for gpSP and other similarly inaccurate handheld ports, right?
>>
>>174865747
Last time I've tried mGBA on a shitty N2840 (Mobile Celeron CPU) it worked worse than VBA-M and VBA 1.7.2, if that's worth bringing up.
>>
>>174865896
Probably a video driver issue? It can run almost (~90%ish) full speed on an Old 3DS ffs.
>>
>>174865747

>About the performance fears, you do know mGBA is the fastest GBA emu except for gpSP and other similarly inaccurate handheld ports, right?

The DS is more powerful than a GBA. I have complete confidence in Endrift when it comes to the GBA. But an extremely accurate DS is another story entirely. Just because they are both ARM that doesn't mean it's trivial.
>>
File: 1440948740285.jpg (49KB, 345x383px) Image search: [Google]
1440948740285.jpg
49KB, 345x383px
>>174865747
>she
>her
kys

>mGBA is the fastest GBA emu
see pic
>>
>>174865896

Accurate emulators were never meant to be run on old hardware. The one saving grace of HLE is its ability to function on old machines.
>>
>>174866003
The point that it's not like endrift is byuu or anything. byuu's emus are slow because he writes in the code in the dumbest most straightforward way possible. endrift seems to care a lot about optimizing mgba, so there's no reason to think it won't at least be about as fast as desmume.
>>
>>174815962
>If byuu can get audio drivers provided to him and even copyright reassign them to himself for all sorts of 'reasons', then I think asking volunteers to do their part in contributing to RetroArch in the areas where we either lack the time or the dedicated devs to make it happen is not that much to ask.

Never change SP
>>
>>174865951
Oh, that totally wasn't it. I was already using the latest driver back then.

>>174866061
So mGBA isn't the fastest GBA Emulator as I was arguing, gotcha.
Also just to clarify, N2840 isn't that old, it's just weak.
>>
Why does everyone think every emulator has to cater to them and if it doesn't it's shit?
ZSNES faggotry all over again.
>>
So apparently DS may need frame skipping to run properly or the audio gets static from trying to render too many frames. Retroarch doesn't seem to carry the option over with the core which seems to be why the regular emulator works and RA gets static. If anyone cared to know. Don't think there is a fix.
>>
>>174867192
btw, I'm gay.
>>
See, some people here think mGBA is trash, but they don't give any other suggestions.
>>
>>174845186
>>174846607
>Letterbomb
Is this shit a botnet? I'm not sure if I really care or not, but I'd like to know before doing it anyway.
>>
>>174850739
Even with Japanese stuff, WiiU has no fucking games.

BOTW
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade X
Hyrule Warriors
Splatoon

Only 5 games I'm interested about in a 5-6 years console is an embarassment. Couldn't care less about more Mario or King Kong shit.
>>
Thanks to all Australian taxpayers for funding mudlord's welfare and cemu crack.
>>
Sup

I've been playing some gba games with RetroArch on the VBA-M core and now I want to play that shit on my PSP. Is there any possible way to transfer those saves?
>>
>>174873858
I've never even heard speculation about that, it's been around for a long time and is widely respected/used. You can use SmashStack or any of the game-based exploits if you're paranoid.
>>
>>174874541
>but n-no games!
>i'm going to pretend the good games don't exist.

Mario Kart 8 is the best in the series, and Mario 3D world was fantastic.
>>
>>174876292
He forgot about Wonderful 101 and tropical freeze
>>
>>174876292
>Mario Kart 8 is the best in the series

That's not really saying much.
>>
>>174874541
Also captain toad
>>
>>174850739
>Breath of the Wild is pretty good on Cemu now. Problem is that the game just makes me want to play Twilight Princess again.
That sounds more like a problem with you then the game itself considering how much TP sucked.

>After Crysis 3 was cancelled, it became apparent that the Wii U has no gaems.
Oh yeah because every Wii U owner was impatiently waiting the arrival of that turd

>It's all Japanese stuff.
That's a good thing

>>174877546
He mentioned king kong

>>174877684
The Wii and 3DS ones are the only bad games in the series and MK8 plays like Outrun 2 so it's pretty sweet
>>
>>174879363
Well yeah. King Kong ain't the King of the Dong, baby
>>
>>174879363
>That sounds more like a problem with you then the game itself considering how much TP sucked.
Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game. I think you're getting it mixed up with Wind Waker, which is one of the worst, I agree.

>It's all Japanese stuff. That's a good thing.

There's a reason Nintendo didn't have any Japanese developers on their N64 Dream Team list.

>Oh yeah because every Wii U owner was impatiently waiting the arrival of that turd

In what universe is Crysis 3 a "turd"?
>>
>>174833379
It's just that there are so many that it's hard to believe
>>
>>174867192
>>174867705
Faggot
>>
>>174880526
In this universe anon.
>>
>>174867705
>Not using the Photon theme
>Being blind
>>
How do I play multiplayer on PPSSPP?
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite to be more specific.
>>
>>174884361
And it's got shit taste in 4chan themes.
>>
Will a PS3 controller work on an unrooted android phone with a direct cable link without issues? Worried about input delay.
>>
>>174866012
>I'm non-binary (she/her), deal with it
>>
>>174841561
I thought this shouldn't happen on vmp packed stuff because of the taggant watermark (unless you used a cracked one)

By the way, wouldn't integrity checking the dlls/loaded modules and scanning for hooks defeat this crack?
>>
Why does byuu continue spreading lies about bsnes-mercury?

https://twitter.com/byuu_san/status/852631058478661632
>>
>>174888212
biology doesn't give a fuck what you call yourself.
>>
>>174888527
He is super frosty about how hard everyone DROPPED higan for RetroArch.
>>
>>174888527
Alcaro has already rebutted most of those arguments

https://floating.muncher.se/byuu/uncooperative.html
>>
>>174889723
>All the drama about Brunnis' lagfix; if someone can find an improvement and both measure and explain it, and your response is to make fun of them, you're doing it wrong. No exceptions.
>http://board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?p=28862#p28862
Wasn't there someone who had an online archive of byuu's board or something like that? Somebody should give the link to Alcaro to update this.
>>
>>174890562
Those links are to threads on the current forum, not the old one. For some reason, the links got shitted up and don't work anymore. I found that thread in the emulation subforum.

https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1058
>>
>>174884361

Tomorrow is and will always be the only 4chan theme.
>>
>>174889723
As much as I agree with him, making a whole site about how someone sucks always seems a bit pathetic.
>>
>>174888527
>>174889569
>>174889723
>>174890562
>>174891214

byuu should stick to his No-Intro audit project if he wants to actually be fucking useful for a change.
>>
>>174893453
That's just a page on his site, like a blog or something.
>>
>>174893478
>not releasing the roms
>actually useful
>>
>>174893851

If No-Intro is in any way inaccurate, people need to fucking know that shit. As long as he will actually show his work, I find that to be an extremely valuable service.
>>
File: unspecified.png (303KB, 1121x793px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.png
303KB, 1121x793px
CRT
R
EMULATION

WHEN?
>>
>>174888212
>Non-binary, she/her. BASH THE FASH.
>>
>>174893851
He has released the byte differences of the few games he has found were badly dumped.
>>
>>174898553
How does he even know that he's dumped the games correctly and that a byte hasn't been shifted while dumping?
Even if he were to take several dumps to make very sure, how does he know that his dumper isn't doing something inherently wrong?
>>
>>174888220
Yeah, this doesn't happen on legit, taggant marked versions of protectors.

And by that rate, he would use something like VMP to do just that :P Which would screw over Patreon people for being patrons (heck, he successfully does that already with DRM that needs to be online once :P).

Still need to work out what shareddata.bin does o.o.
>>
>>174900881
Funny thing, I tried asking the IEEE for access to their taggant SDK for my own personal packer. Seems you need to actually invest in some things for thier infrastructure and "contribute".

Heh, always said the AV market is a protection racket, especially if you can buy digital certificates in the form of taggants to give your DRM immunity.
>>
>>174898684
Well, he's dumped the entire US set, some Europe, and some Japanese and all except like two matched the no-intro hashes. So, I think his dumper is working properly. But other people can and should independently dump the games he finds problems with just to be sure.
>>
>>174655282
forever ago
1.6 is soon
>>
>>174656775
"offend me and i will drop the project, but the conditions that offend me change on the second."

nothing like that, pcsx2 devs are actually pretty normal people compared to 95% of other emudevs. some were just surprised at a single dev posting stuff on the public forum without discussing it or giving anyone notice
>>
>>174903001
How soon
>>
>>174904470

hard to say, but they're working on recording footage of improvements and fixed games
>>
>>174904837
Maybe on summer?
>>
>>174689107
what is this from?
>>
>>174905086
by june i think
>>
>>174900881
>>174901052
Funny how more dedicated malware authors just buy or steal legit packers and certificates so they can keep AV quiet for a while or sign malicious drivers.
>>
>>174900881
Is the shareddata shit related to USER_SHARED_DATA? Russkies say this is what denuvo relies on when accessing machine info (this and CPUID instruction which you can't easily spoof), are cemu trying to imitate them?
>>
>>174658097
>they have to bring their dick or lack of one,political views,their damn cats,the fucking kitchen sink
Are they forcing you to stalk them on twitter? It's all your goddamn fault if you're reading that. Shut the fuck up you fucking child.
>>
New Thread:
>>174910784
>>174910784
>>
>>174658097
>>174910758
But why though?
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.