[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ - Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 801
Thread images: 63

File: disease.png (63KB, 714x130px) Image search: [Google]
disease.png
63KB, 714x130px
Why do I have to make a new thread?-edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
http://pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>173777438
Stale bread
>>
Second for aboleth traps
>>
So I hear ya nerds are getting BULLIED?

LMAO losers
>>
>>174318804
i am not getting bullied, i am being attacked by 2 people at once that said "i can't win my game and i have no idea how to stop that guy who is sieging my capital, therefore i attack a random guy just for the fun of it".
that while being attacked by an AI and a player who thinks i am too uncontested to being left alone.

i guess afterall it is bullying.
>>
>>174318924

LMAO NERD
>>
Agartha, you there?
I would would be willing to trade the full amount of gems you have suggested.

Just say the word and we can do the trade this turn.
>>
Mictlan has an A9 bless and not much else.
>>
Yes, send me the gems.
>>
>>174323725
Asphodel is eating mictlan.
>>
>>174323806
Sending them over, don't forget your end of the bargain.
>>
>>174323806

You have some earth gems for trade friend?
>>
File: 1492446226782.jpg (74KB, 660x783px) Image search: [Google]
1492446226782.jpg
74KB, 660x783px
If is safe to have Dwarven Hammers and Copper Arms held by UW mages? Would those items rust and eventually disappear?
>>
>>174328451
They're magical, they don't rust.

Copper wouldn't rust in water even if it wasn't magical, anyway.
>>
>>174328841
How does copper oxydation work?
>>
Hey /domg/, what is the best bless for tengu?
>>
>>174330770

W9 for survival/attack power, S9 for survival, F9 for attack power.

Probably W9 is your best bet.
>>
>>174328451
Dont think copper rusts
>>
File: 1476853383678.png (66KB, 235x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476853383678.png
66KB, 235x250px
How do I deal with Kalaisa (Apsaras/Cleansing Water) as an undead nation?
>>
>>174331573
Of course it does, you never used a copper pan before?
>>
What is the difference between enfeeble and weaken?
>>
Niefelbro, got your message.
I'm fine with you taking 49.
Would you mind compensating me for it ? I'm just asking for 51 gold, one turn of income from the province, since I didn't lose any soldiers taking the province. I'll leave it with 0 PD.
>>
>>174329015
If I remember right, that only affects the very outside. While it will technically rust, copper doesn't experience the destructive rusting all the way through iron does.

I was actually talking about dominions logic, though, copper equipment in dominions doesn't rust underwater

>>174332062
Undead are actually a good counter to Asparas, because they ignore awe. Asparas without awe have to rely on their defense only.

Cleansing Water is a lot more annoying to deal with.Could you try positioning defensively and forcing the enemy to come to you? Cleansing Water is only range 25. If your enemy positions their mages near the back and their troops advance you could end up fighting outside their range.
>>
>>174332062
>>174334653
>Undead are actually a good counter to Asparas, because they ignore awe
Well, mindless undead are.

Most undead are mindless, but I just realized you might be talking about Therodos whose spectres are not mindless.
>>
How do I win games?
>>
>>174339374
Luck mostly.
>>
>>174334134
Sure thing.
>>
>>174332062
Is that you, Lukas? Great taste in doujin
>>
>>174332062
I'm Kailasa fighting an undead nation currently so hopefully you don't mean me,
but I don't have any Asparas so I think I'm good

But it depends on your undead, if you have skeleton hordes I would be more worried about an Earthquake trap, and would constantly move a unit in the magic phase ahead of your stacks to clear out traps.

If you have tougher Undead I would take anti mage blob counters as they can Light of the Northern Star some Yogis and spam AN on your precious high prot/hp guys.

Really depends on a lot of factors especially your research, but you could in theory divide your undead up and use some bait at first to tire out their Yakshinis a bit. A W3 minimum mage spamming a W2 -20 fatigue spell will be super hard to tire out unless you cast Rigor Mortis. Then move in some mindless undead to hit their asparas. Also undead archers/javelin throwers would make quick work of asparas with their low prot.
>>
>>174339374
Roll your snow ball faster and further. Same as most strategy games I suppose, Star Craft, Civilization, chess, Risk...
>>
>>174340875

Not always. Often its better to not be the clear leader.
>>
>>174343295
Eh. If you can deflect to bats/undead/birds then you can snowball safely.
>>
>>174343643
T. Nick
>>
>>174343643
t. Malakal
>>
This needs to be an item.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%A1br%C3%B3k
>>
>>174343295
I would agree more if Dom players weren't so fucking irrational. I'm not usually good enough to put myself in the lead, so I generally try to aim for that, and I'll worry about being deposed once I can make it to top dog.

After watching someone run away with a game countless times, I've decided that strength is power. The challenges of getting perfect information and playing your hand as well as you can are such that most players can't stop a good player in a strong position. Just look at what the fuck is happening in Fourth Turning.
>>
>>174346018
I think you legitimately killed yourself in 4th with your obnoxious diplo
>>
>>174346018
You mean Ur is about to win the game because people spent the first 50 turns pointing at, variously, bats, elves, and atlanteans?
>>
>>174346280
That may be the case anyways, but I'm not elves.
>>174346415
Yes, this pretty much. Though Atlantis told me they only put Ur at 3-4 thrones. I don't think Atlantis would sell their main rival short.
>>
>>174346832
but who are you then?
>>
>>174346018
>I'm not usually good enough to put myself in the lead, so I generally try to aim for that, and I'll worry about being deposed once I can make it to top dog.
This is my winning strategy. Also why I advise finding an expansion strat that gets you 20 provinces or more year 1
>>
>>174347079
>tfw easily the biggest in a game and have a good lategame plan
M-maybe I'll finally win one.
>>
>>174347976
unfortunately, I have a plan to stop you.
>>
>>174347079
Isn't that pretty much impossible with some nations? For example EA C'tis and LA Ulm.
>>
>>174348068
who am I?
>>
>>174348129
I was meming

>>174348098
Earth snake, maneater
>>
>>174348129
Sauro
>>
>>174348068
Ah, but I've been waiting for somebody to stop him and I have a plan to stop them and take the win!

>>174348220
Some nations really need a different kind of pretender to manage late game. LA Ulm absolutely needs blood and death on their pretender for instance.
>>
>>174348220
New player here. What makes Earth Snake so special and how should one build him and why should one build him that way?
>>
>>174346970
Arco. VH would have you believe that the Atlantis-Arco axis is too much for them, but if taking 5 provs was all it took for me to defeat them, they never had a chance. Also, Atlantis reports they haven't defeated any armies, only raiders and thugs, so VH is very much still alive.
>>
>>174348437
>LA Ulm absolutely needs blood and death on their pretender for instance.
E4B3D3 maneater.
>>
>>174348384
there's no way I'm going to win in Fast, I literally don't hold any thrones, I don't have a mobile pretender, nor recruitable H3, and my prophet is a scout
>>
>>174348757
Oh man I totally forgot fast existed thanks to Lukas
22:31 GMT on Wednesday March 8th Hosting delayed by -24 hours.
20:47 GMT on Sunday March 12th Hosting delayed by 24 hours.
19:42 GMT on Wednesday March 15th Changed e-mail address for Marverni.
06:50 GMT on Friday March 17th Hosting delayed by 4 hours.
13:42 GMT on Saturday March 18th Hosting delayed by 24 hours.
18:16 GMT on Sunday March 19th Hosting delayed by 12 hours.
18:20 GMT on Wednesday March 22nd Hosting delayed by 6 hours.
00:47 GMT on Thursday March 23rd Hosting delayed by 72 hours.
16:01 GMT on Sunday March 26th Hosting delayed by 12 hours.
03:00 GMT on Wednesday March 29th Hosting delayed by 3 hours.
15:05 GMT on Thursday March 30th Hosting delayed by 8 hours.
15:38 GMT on Saturday April 1st Hosting delayed by 4 hours.
21:16 GMT on Thursday April 6th Hosting delayed by 24 hours.
02:03 GMT on Monday April 10th Hosting delayed by 24 hours.
05:33 GMT on Monday April 10th Hosting delayed by 24 hours.
00:31 GMT on Wednesday April 12th Hosting delayed by 24 hours.
14:39 GMT on Wednesday April 12th Hosting delayed by 144 hours.
22:02 GMT on Wednesday April 12th Changed e-mail address for Mictlan.
00:04 GMT on Thursday April 13th Hosting delayed by 144 hours.
>>
>>174348924
>Hosting delayed by 144 hours.
Jesus Christ, find a sub if you need that long
>>
>>174348757
You don't need to throne rush if you can just snowball. I definitely don't think you have it in the bag, though. Furries aren't far behind, and bats can never be counted out especially Sy.
>>
>>174349709
post score graphs
>>
>>174348541
You just give Erf Snek loads of E and make him awake maybe with dom9. He recuperates so does just fine.
>>
My standard awakensake is dom5, e5 if I literally just want expansion and scales. If my nation has native earth, I'll take E6 for EBDW
>>
File: 20170418195510_1.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170418195510_1.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
>>174348719
LA Ulm doesn't have Maneater, they do have Earth Serpent though, it's not very good for them.
>>
>>174350107
LA Ulm absolutely has Man-Eater, what are you talking about?
>>
Hey guys I'm curious about a couple of global spells. Like mechanically. How does BoT and Foul air work? What conditions trigger their effect and what are the exact effects? I always hear about them being super powers, but I never can figure out how exactly they work.
>>
>>174352015
Burden of time is more of a pain in the ass then a game winner.
>>
Whens dominions5
>>
Just a confirmation that the game won't end while there are players who want to keep playing.

Sorry for the ones who don't want to.
>>
>>174339374
Buy the thrones/get people to give you their thrones.
>>
>>174352385
No biggie, i'm going AI on all 3 of my malakals.
>>
File: doggo.png (238KB, 618x481px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.png
238KB, 618x481px
>>174348719
>bloodhunting with popkill 100
downright epic. youd be ebtter off with pic related than that
>>
>>174352015
Burden of Time
Causes a small amount of unrest and popkill
Every month all units age a few years
Causes afflictions depending on age?
Maybe something else?

Foul Air
Any damage a unit takes inflicts disease
>>
>>174352490
You use it as an awake expander and then a count summoner, retard. The poop kill is negligible. Maneater can actually expand in LA. Doggo dies like a bitch to any remotely difficult province.
>>
>>174352490
>using pretender to bloodhunt
>>
>>174352607
There's no need to be that rude to the differently abled, anon.
>>
>>174352493
So for BoT do we know if it's % popkill/month or a static number or a special secret recipe? Do we know how much each unit ages by? Same for all units or a static number or a ratio? Affliction is already dependent on old age, does BoT increase the likelihood or keep it the same?

For Foul air does preexisting afflictions affect disease chance? How about long range spells like seeking arrow? If seeking arrow doesn't kill a commander does it "inflict" disease triggering damage?

Thanks guys. I couldn't really find any specific details about these spells (goddamn illwinter you would think he could at least post some formulas).
>>
>>174348542
Oh, Atlantis finally killed one army. I wasn't angry because it was an 'oh no, Atlantis is gonna kill' moment, but more because it was an 'oh no, you have to understand this is going to be a big stupid fight we both wind up losing because of'.

Hell, maybe I even beat Atlantis 40 turns after the game already ended because Ur (or even someone else like Kailasa) claims all the thrones - since Atlantis elected to fight one of the other big powers with the least thrones, himself being another big power with scant few thrones.

As for Arco, sum1won has been *very* careful in avoiding the horror spamming golem, so would be nice to have a good use for that. As an aside, I learned that pocket lich > dual wielding smashers in a golem fight.
>>
>>174353026
No clue about any of the formulas.

For Foul Air I think all sources of damage inflict disease which includes stuff like seeking arrow
>>
>>174353223
>Atlantis killed an army

Post pics. I like seeing battles.
>>
Can we get a tips for beginners + things everyone should know kind of thing going on in this thread? I would like to learn hiw to play this game properly but don't really know all that much where to begin.
>>
>>174348924
>>174349086
Lol this actually needed to be delayed because someone was out of town and no one would sub a major power if I recall correctly.

>144 hours
This is baby shit. Try 7 weeks. Kichikou didn't get a turn in for 7 weeks. Olathe is averaging a turn every 4 weeks right now.
>>
>>174357601
IT

DEPENDS
>>
>>174357601
Play multiplayer, notice how someone kicks your ass. Learn lesson. Rinse, wash, repeat.
>>
Can a non-commander unit return from another dimension? Say, if I enslave mind a void creature and it doesn't come back with the commander?
>>
>>174322020

Let's do it.

>>174323806

This isn't me.
>>
>>174359509
S̵͇̳̠͈͚ͬͩ͒ͦ̾͛̅͟ȩ͚̹͖̿͆̌͋ͫ̇n̼̪͙̲̳͊ͣ̓̊̐̌̎͌͜d̰̟̿ͭ̽ͪ̽̎ͮ͝ ̰̞̖̦͖͛ͧ͂̈̈͌͆m̟̙̘͓̠̤͍͇͒͟ĕ̵̛̟̰̝̼͓̪̤͖̃̒ͮ͢ ̦̪͆͋͑͂͝ṯ͙͙̠̺͕ͭ͋̋̿h̸̩̹̜̹̯̭͕ͪ̓̑ͤ̂ͬ̇͂ͨe̱͕͉͈̲͖ͭ͐̈́ͅ ̣͓̼̩̬͙̗̄̑̋͒̒̈͜͟g̤̟͚̺͊͛ͦͪ̍̀͟͢e͍͙͙ͬ͆́͞ͅm̶̧̨͓̜̮̻̤̜͎͎͊ͮͪ̓́ͯ͑̚ş̧̺͖͎̘͖͇̮͍͇ͤ̓̍̾͠
>>
>falseflagging
>getting todger flashbacks
please no.
>>
>>174359509
>This isn't me.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Oh well, enjoy those death gems. I don't need those earth gems immediately, just make sure they arrive next turn.
>>
>>174360185
Forgot my stupid nametag.
>>
>>174357601
based on the mistakes i most frequently see newbies committing these are my tips:

-Dominions 4 is a multiplayer game.Stop playing single player, just test the first 15 turns of expansion
-before joining a game you should have tested expansion up to completion of the first fort, asked the thread for god design and know what is the very first spell you are going to research. you can make up the rest along the ride.
-after building armies for expansion 90% of your gold will go into recruiting mages to research; still have more gold? build another fort and lab and recruit more mages.every turn. for the entire game.This game is about magic.
-you should almost never buy Province Defense. just 1 point everywhere and 15 where you are building forts. it's not a good investment.
-put 1 single armored unit alone isolated upfront to catch all the enemy arrows. works only against indipendents provinces or undisciplined archers.
-start sitesearching in the first 12 turns, unless you want to rush/fear being rushed and need good magic spells.you'll want all the gems you can.
-against an equally powerful player eventually ( after you are done taking minor provinces with just armies) you will need to field all or almost all your mages and use all your gems. he's gonna do it, what makes you think you can get away with any less than that?
-battle magic is the real deal.you can't keep using your mages just to summon permanent troops, craft items or cast battle enchantments. go cast 40 fireballs each turn and summon 6 earth elementals, you'll see how scary it gets.mouse over commander scripts in the battle screen and use ctrl+number to copy and just the number to paste scripts.
>>
Toppest time to declare your war with Agartha there Ulm.

How is it going?
>>
>>174360185

They are coming. I was in the process of changing my turn to send you them last turn when the new turn came in.

>>174359749

No ge̶ms for b͝ulli͢es̀
>>
>>174357601
>>174360372
And to add onto this while Dominions is a multiplayer game and you should get into PBEM as soon as possible, it's ok to take single player a little past turn 15 to play around with battle magic. When I was starting off I would go a little past expansion and kill my closet neighbor to see what kind of battle magic worked with my nation.
>>
So who is worried about those vampires he recently summoned

I'm not
>>
>>174360372
-never trust a throne. always assume there are hidden mages summoning 3 giant elementals and 80 skeletons. use a scout attack on retreat to see.
-never trust a fort.always assume the mages inside will summon shit and slow down the battle while you get arrowed down and lose all your men.or even worst mass earthquake. use a scout attack on retreat to see or come prepared
-do the above when you can.
-immobile pretenders are fucking invincible. respect them, you need the right sacreds or dedicated thugs with smashers.
-try to branch out to all the magic paths after midgame.you can live without a couple but why would you? there was a nice reference guide to boosting and breaking into magical paths. but Desura has been shut down.shame.
-putting all your dudes in one gigantic army rarely works.take lands and take back lands with few medium armies that can threaten to gather up and do a joint attack.
-DUDE.SUPPLIES.LMAO.(solved with Nature items)
-the first war is stronglings vs weaklings who failed to expand OR people doing diplomacy against someone who think (have been convinced to think) is scary.Don't be the weak one, expect backstabs to happen in alliances.
-take the thrones later, but always build a fort on them.
-As the game start look at throne requirements. how many thrones do you need to win assuming you get the good ones? if it's 3-4 thrones expect a lame and quick end, hopefully with your victory.
-stop letting me recruit all the mercenaries for cheap.most of them are good for expansion with pretty much all the nations but xibalba and pangea.
-recruits scouts, information is a coin.
-setting up the army for a fight is hard and there are many things to learn. but please, do not get your good/summoned troops stuck behind your crappy troops. don't let your mages be picked off by archers or birds and stop burning your people with missplaced fire elementals.
-thugs need to be fatigue neutral in almost all cases.
>>
What do you think about a mod that gives certain pretenders specific automatically casted battlefield spells? Like Solar disk or Lord of the summer plague getting #onebattlespell "heat from hell", or Linnormr getting foul vapors.

>inb4 "that's overpowered"
I know. Its only intended as a curiosity.
>>
>>174361876
Thelkines or whatever you call them already cast foul vapors dont they? I dont think it would be that bad, gods are supposed to be strong.
>>
>>174362038
do they? Huh,so they do.
>>
>>174361876
I would be ok with this if there was a point increase. It would make a lot of sense lore wise. Though I suppose it would be even more OP for expansion.

>Bitch Queen casts Howl
>Son of Fenrer casts how with Jotun Wolves
>Dagon casts Earthwuake
>>
>>174361876
What I want is a mod that gives everyone a 5 thousand pretender points so we could have a game filled with fully blessed sacreds, maximum scales and awake SCs.
>>
>>174361876
that sounds completely fine IF properly costed and doesn't ruin viable pretenders.Keep an eye on how much it is oppressive a turn 15 war or if it enables the pretender to expand alone ( which may or may not be a good thing).

the game does need more ways to make pretenders interesting and different.
>>
>>174361030
That who recently summoned. You need to be more specific here. We're all blood nations here (okay, almost all).
>>
>>174362978
is fountain of blood causing rain to fall too silly?

>>174363662
the lowest the cost can be set to is 0. best way I can think of is to manually set #pathcost 0 and #startdom 10 for every pretender. On that note, has a new modding manual been released yet?
>>
File: summod.png (34KB, 718x510px) Image search: [Google]
summod.png
34KB, 718x510px
>>
>>174365109
blood rain, I mean.
>>
>>174365109
The better questions is: "is that too metal?" And no, no it's not.
>>
>>174365851
so far, I have

#modname "Pretenders of mass destruction"
#description "pretenders w/ onebattlespells"
#version 0.1
#end

#selectmonster 109 --dagon
#onebattlespell 458 --earthquake
#end

#selectmonster 605 --Son of Niefel
#onebattlespell 604 --warriors of Niefelheiem
#end

#selectmonster 656 --fountain of blood
#onebattlespell 989 --blood rain
#end

#selectmonster 401 --bitch queen
#onebattlespell 693 --howl
#gcost -500
#end

#selectmonster 1229 --son of fenrer
#onebattlespell 693 --howl
#end

#selectmonster 1097 --Lord of Summer Plague
#onebattlespell 823 --Heat from Hell
#end

#selectmonster 1384 --Solar Disk
#onebattlespell 823 --Heat from Hell
#end

#selectmonster 1561 --Father of Winters
#onebattlespell 828 --Grip of winter
#end

#selectmonster 2801 --Linnormr
#onebattlespell 821 -- foul vapors
#end

#selectmonster 2755 --Hun Came
#onebattlespell 584 -- darkness
#end
>>
what exactly is the point of Astral Tempest?
>>
>>174360956
That said, I will respect the agreement. I will also be taking the province across the river because I think it had a nice site in it.
>>
>>174365142
I want the divine power Mao picture plz
>>
>>174366890
Apu Llapa definitely looks like it should cast storm or wrathful skies, or both.

Titan of the Sea should cast friendly Currents.

Devi of Good Fortunes should cast Will of Fates and maybe the Oracle too.

Should Phoenix cast Phoenix Pyre automatically? I really like that idea haha
>>
>>174366890
Virture or Solar Eagle casting Solar Brilliance might be too much especially since they don't have the paths for it. But I really like the idea of them leveraging sun to burn their enemies.

Horned one could also cast Mass Animal Friendship
>>
>>174368080
updated
https://pastebin.com/TvqUAgKa
>>
>>174367348

Squid you here? Fancy to have a talk in the steam chat?
>>
>>174367780
shit. missed the will of the fates ones.
>>
>>174366890
Be aware that spells that trigger once rather than being continuous Enchantments will happen just before the battle. So Earthquake will just show as some units missing from the enemy army and random damage on others. Might not be the effect you are looking for.
>>
>>174371246
thanks.
>>
>>174371246
>a literally uncounterable earthquake
Fuck me in the ass.
>>
>>174370092
In there now.
>>
>>174371246
Just make it autocast, so it occurs every single turn then.
>>
TC, you're taking 23, right? That keeps up with the straight line border thing.
>>
>>174379451
have you decided who youre going to shit on yet? I'm pretty curious about who itll be
>>
Hey jobbingxibalba Abysia are you there? Check your steam chat please.
>>
>>174382353
Yes, and I'm pretty sure their cap is in range.
>>
File: They call it the drop.jpg (830KB, 1000x905px) Image search: [Google]
They call it the drop.jpg
830KB, 1000x905px
>>174383275
>>
>>174383275
>>174383456
Wait, is it real?
>>
File: netrunner-i-got-a-rock.jpg (48KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
netrunner-i-got-a-rock.jpg
48KB, 200x295px
>>174383679
>>
I love ichtyids!
>>
>>174388651
What other troops use nets?
>>
>>174388962
Mermans
>>
>>174379451
shirley would like to.
I don't have any troops left in the area so it'll be a few turns though if you're okay with that.
>>
>>174391042
Yeah, np
>>
It's TNN, by the way. In case anyone was wondering.
>>
>>174394430
t. malakal
>>
>>174394430

Fake giants.
>>
Wow WTF I hate giants now.
>>
>>174394808
nuthin personnel

but nah, man, everyone else I neighbor is really chill.
>>
>>174394919
>everyone is chill with early game rush machine giants
Gee, I wonder why?
>>
>been seeing a lot of talk about this game and it looks fun so I get it
>try to learn a bit and then finally start a game
>have a starting commander and some spear people
>get my ass whooped by a bunch of kappa
I have it on easy so I'm steamrolling everything now after a few embarrassing losses in the beginning. Need to up the difficulty, or maybe play online but I don't think I have a grasp on every mechanic I'd need to do that. Fun though. I'm glad I got this. My god right now is that oracle fountain.
>>
>>174397870
Yeah that's the way to do it. Just play and fuck around and just focus on one thing that you like or whatever. Then after you get your feet wet learn some specific stuff like mechanics and such and join an MP game. Lose (or win maybe, I won my first MP game). and keep dying and learning. It's fun to learn strats your enemies use against you and now you use it against them or other enemies.
>>
>>174397870
I played 70 hours of single player before I thought about getting into multiplayer. I'd probably play it more but I hate how long it takes for the turns to load as the game goes on.
>>
>>174398452
you need 600 hours.
>>
>>174398614
I played 100 hours before I joined. It's never about hours, but about when you grow some balls..

>>174398452
If you don't like the speed of pbem then join more than 1 game. It doesn't have to be only 1 game at a time even if all of them are your firsts.
>>
>>174398838
I mean in single player. It takes progressively longer to load as the turns go on and the nations get bigger. I'm in 4-5 games now and up until recently I was in about 15
>>
What do I need to know about middle age asphodel that sets it apart from ermor?
>>
>>174399639
Growth gets you more manikins. So does temples on forests I think. Also you can actually guys.
>>
>>174399757
Thanks man, what was the last thing you said though?
>>
>>174399849
Recruit guys I meant. You arent totally freespawn like ermor.
>>
>>174397870
Also do kappas count as demons for them to be affected by banishment and such?
>>
>>174400128
Nope. They would have a demon tag if they did.
>>
>>174399639
You have both living and undead priests. Living priests (Centaurs/Dryads) can preach but not reanimate, while undead priests (Carrion [x]) can reanimate but not preach.

Carrion Ladies are worthless most of the time.

Regular provinces get freespawn manikins and the occasional mandragora. Forest provinces get more of the above, plus carrion beasts, manikin versions of your recruitables, and I think Sagittarian Carcasses.

Growth scales increase the number of freespawn you get, while Magic scales increase the chance of getting a good unit.

You can pretend to stale for 16 turns.
>>
>>174401002
Does reanimation spread dominion (like I believe it does for ermor, correct me im retarded)
>>
>>174401118
Opposite is true, dominion reanimates
>>
>>174353856
>>174353026

Thau 5 Burden of Time D5 70 Causes greatly increased aging for units. Increases unrest across the world
each turn. Also kills about 2% of the world's population each month.
Population in provinces with a Death scale die a little more swiftly.
Thau 6 Foul Air D5A1 75 Any unit that gets wounded will automatically gain the Diseased affliction.
Unrest increases worldwide.
fifty gorrillion turns looking up the dom4 manual from the op.
>>
>>174403018
I think they are looking for specific formulas instead of a general description.
>>
>>174403018
>>174353026
>>174403230

Sure.

~2%. No, but probably an exploding d6 like everything else. All units. Probably keeps it the same.

No, why should they? Yes, because a unit is getting wounded. Yes, because seeking arrow damages the commander.

All things inferred from the manual.
>>
>>
>>174366890
How about that golden immobile bull statue casting army of gold? It's balances because its immobile and you would need S3 and labs to move it around. And still, it would only work for defensive army of gold traps.
>>
>>174407328
I realize that's probably the joke, but Revive Lemur Acolyte requires D2. I am not about that life.
>>
>>174367780
Phoenix definitely should cast Phoenix Pyre, might actually make him useful (that's how it was in CBM in Dom3).
>>
>>174366890
How about monolith casting rain of stones? ;^)
Turn 10 monodrop in your cap.
>>
>>174407734
Monodrop doesn't need any buffs
>>
LA blood magic Ur comprised of mostly humans when?
>>
>>174408957
So Assyria.
>>
>>174360372
>-you should almost never buy Province Defense. just 1 point everywhere and 15 where you are building forts. it's not a good investment.
Province defense is great. Surprise 20+PD can beat weaker raiding groups and sometimes thugs, or give you a quick infusion of chaff if you're lacking units.

15+PD will often defend against moderately sized flying raiding parties. If you bump up important provinces when you're invaded it can do a lot to limit Caelum or Xibalba's ability to expand all over your land.

PD shouldn't be relied on to

>>174361342
>-thugs need to be fatigue neutral in almost all cases.
A lot of thugs can beat reasonable amounts of PD (20-30) without being fatigue-neutral.

If they put a silly amount of PD down, it's generally better to send multiple cheap thugs than make a fatigue-neutral thug. Those cheap thugs can split up after the province is taken, whereas a single thug with more investment will be heavily overgeared for other provinces.
>>
Are there any Dominions 4 AARs that any of you would suggest? Preferably complete and/or multi-perspective ones would be really nice.
>>
>>174366890
>>174369894
Moloch - Blood Lust
Divine Glyph - Solar Brilliance
Great White Bull - Growing Fury
Great Black Bull - Growing Fury
Annunaki of Growth and Rebirth - Relief
Great Mother - Mass Regeneration
Serpent of Chaos - Darkness
Colossal Head - Marble Warriors
Statue of the Bloody Mother - Purify Blood
Oracle - Will of the Fates
Idol of Sorcery - Light of the Northern Star
Idol of Beasts - Beast Mastery
>>
>>174411392
https://devnada.wordpress.com/drama/
This is my favorite one, a guy playing MA Ermor soon after Dom4 came out.
>>
>>174413354
>Tribless Ermor being first played in RP house rules game
I wonder if the player thought he was actually just memeing and it turned out to be great by accident
>>
>>174416073
That's exactly what happened, actually. Tribless Ermor wasn't possible in Dom3 because without empowerment you needed an awake god to summon your mages. But he still deserved the victory, the level of thought he put into his strategy was massive, as you'll see if you keep reading.
>>
Should I make this into a dominions map, once I fix the seams?
https://gifyu.com/images/VelikaJebenaMapacc8f3.jpg
>>
What gear should I put on Bow of War Sleepers?

I've already given them Eyes of Aiming.
>>
>>174418501
>putting a bow of war on a sleeper
>using sleepers as anything other than morale boosters
>>
buff SC's and SC pretenders
>>
>>174421581
The only things that need buffing are the generic, low cost chassis. Give the Bane Lord another 10 HP and it'll be fine. Recognise that they are tools for specific situations, which they still do perfectly fine.
>>
>>174418578
Why not both?
>>
>>174421581
Give them all one battle spells like Telkhines
>>
>>174421581
Buff archers and crossbowmen

Even blessed sacreds with wind guide are complete shit

And that's before the enemy mage creates a storm or casts arrow fend.

Can't do shit underwater either.
>>
>>174422705
archers are meant to be massed. Just like in real life
>>
>>174422579
Why would you make baseline what makes Telkhines unique? They're already very hard to get. They deserve that battle spell. Meanwhile, SC pretenders can easily be obtained by any nation from the beginning of the game. It would not only be overpowered but also unfair to give them a battle spell too.
>>
>>174421581
SCs are fine.

SC pretenders could use a buff. More low-research SC items and more varied SC items would help a lot, since right now you basically need const4 or trading to put one out in the field.

>>174422705
Sacred archers are a waste of money. You don't get anything worth the price increase. Just spam cheap archers and put flaming arrows on them.

Cheap archers/xbows with flaming arrows are pretty good, even through storm. Arrow Fend will shut them down, but it's not a spell which is commonly researched early (and many nations don't have air to cast it).
>>
>>174422835

Maybe but this makes sacred archers useless.
>>
>>174427776
give all sacred archers bows of war
now one archer is thirteen archer
>>
Did they adjust pretender costs in the past couple weeks? I got an error in a new Llama game I've started that my I cheated, and when I try to recreate my pretender I'm negative 10 points... I don't have mods that should alter pretender creation, but I also don't see anything about pretenders(other then auto healing costing more, which my pretender doesn't have?) in patch notes in the past couple weeks?

Its the Annunaki of sweet waters chassis.
>>
Will seeking arrow friendly fire? There's a big stack heading for my besieging army and I want to snipe their commanders when they attack me next turn.
>>
>>174417164
Looks neat.
>>
>>174417164
I like it, but you need to have port connections to all he islands.
>>
>>174429364
summod and similar mods can change pretender cost, did you use any such mod or did you not and the game requires one?
>>
>>174431791
Magic phase before movement phase.
>>
>>174431791
I don't think long range magic can friendly fire. Like if u cast seeking arrow on your friendly prov it won't hurt any of your comms. Unless ofcourse it's death magic and it has a percent change of killing with disease or whatever.
>>
>>174433575
Ah, so seeking arrow is always guaranteed to hit the commanders at are in the in province I see in my current turn but next turn?
>>
>>174433853
Yes, they get hit before they move.
So you have a chance to take out a battlefield enchantment caster for the battle that is about to take place.
>>
>>174433021
One age and a bunch of different worthy hero versions are all I have
>>
>>174431791
no it won't
>>
If I have a commander with Crystal Shield and Crystal Matrix and a bunch of slaves with slave matrix, is there any way to ensure that the auto-buff of Crystal Shield hits the slaves?
>>
>>174436267
I assume that their unique id matters. try putting the crystal shield + crystal matrix as the last commander that'll be a part of the communion.
>>
>>174436842
Well in addition to the unique id, the shield has to cast after the matrix as well.
>>
>>174436982
Indeed, I have no idea how to solve that.
>>
File: bronze age armor.jpg (156KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bronze age armor.jpg
156KB, 678x1024px
EA best age
>>
>>174441908
>yfw your historically accurate armor makes you look like a retard
>>
>tfw when you come back from 5 days of vacation and 2 people still haven't taken their turns
>>
>>174443529
>tfw its always the same fucks who take forever
>>
>>174441908
>>174442132
What I want to know is why they went through all the effort of armoring him up only to leave his arms uncovered.
>>
Do you think we will finally be able to recruit both a mage AND a normal commander on the same turn in Dominions 5?
>>
>>174445408
I'm guessing it was a technological limitation at the time. Maybe they wore thick cloth sleeves or somesuch
>>
Mexco Waiting for 2h file
>>
WTH natgen!
WTH!
>>
>>174445554
But they got shit on his legs. Couldnt be that hard to make a smaller version for his arms.
>>
>>174445408
>>174445554
Basically steppe peoples started the trend of armoring your arms. Those heavily armored bronze fags were chariot riders and steppe niggas likewise rode horses so could get loads of metal on themselves.
>>
>>174443529
are you Mexco in Circle?
If not I need to restart. Again.
If so, DO UR TURN REEEE
>>
what have the devs been up to recently?
>>
R'lyeh lets try again, you here?
>>
>>174452662
Working on CoE4 and making a rogue-like by all accounts
>>
>>174452837
He's in chat but he's also dead.
>>
>>174452915
i play coe4 and enjoy it, but the last patch was last nov
>>
>>174452915
a rogue like would be cool, I like to rp in CoE and dominions a lot so itd be neato to have a roguelike.
>>
>>174452915
Where did they say they were doing a rogue-like?
>>
Is it possible to mod the underlying mechanics? This game would be perfect if you could do little things like click on a faraway province to have units walk there by themselves (I recently played my first game and fuck map move one). Being able to mod labs so they vacuum in blood slaves hunted within one province would be amazing to reduce micro for blood.
>>
>>174455580
and would be OP
fucking OP man wow
>>174452662
floorplan
>>
>>174452662
trade & taint when
>>
>>174455580
just play caelum
>>
>>174454197
Pls respond, I'd actually really like a dominions rogue-like. I know they would probably fuck it up but I would still probably put some time into it.
>>
>>174456820
>dominion rogue like
>every turn takes twice as long to resolve as CoE
>>
>>174457874
>constantly losing equipment to deer
>>
>>174455580
no, mods can do limited things.

there are keybinds to make moving blood slaves faster but i can't remember them
>>
>>174459953
Damn, that sucks. Pretty sure it's ctrl-v to pick up and ctrl-z to drop off or something.
>>
>>174456820
There was some talk on the Discord where some people who have Illwinters ear talked about it.

Seems it might be cancelled or suspended for now though. But at least it seems to be what they were spending their time on fairly recently. The floorplan thing apparently came from the generator that was going to be part of the game.
>>
Yomi, the ghoul thing was a mistake. I clicked the wrong province without noticing. Pls no bully.
>>
>>174462340

Was wondering about that, you killed some of his guys, good work!
>>
>>174462965
they actually removed themselves.
>>
Hey elf bro, you going for (110) this turn?
>>
fuck those dirty spics.
anybody want their spot before I restart? (you've got about an hour to respond)
>>
>>174466058
your game is fucking cursed
>>
>>174466218
I noticed.
watch someone is going to start staling turn 5 now.
>>
>>174466314
people should know by now that only works as asphodel
>>
>>174466058
What's the deal with the mods? I might be interested
>>
>>174467414
https://pastebin.com/nTtgHER9
it's a nation gen game, all of the nations were randomly generated by a program.
>>
>>174467526
>https://pastebin.com/nTtgHER9
Eh playing a mod nation game blind seems fun and a good oppurtunity for a let's play. Sure. Who do I send a pretender in for?
>>
>>174468937
Here probably. http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MasterTheCircle
>>
>>174468937
Mexco is who dropped, but feel free to pick anyone.
Mexco is pretty strong, but there are other good options left.
>>
>>174469929
pls no rizopolis
>>
File: Cool fight.png (59KB, 491x415px) Image search: [Google]
Cool fight.png
59KB, 491x415px
Hey guys, we had our first real fight already. Elves committed their hero and some expanders to the fight. Since my squad had less than five guys in it, they lost a morale check pretty quickly and bailed, in spite of the fact that the elves couldn't really kill them. A bunch of the elves got fatigued out and stayed in a sleepy ball where the giants had fought them, but some managed to get in the way of the retreating giants and die, including the hero. Looking forward to more fighting!
>>
>>174472876
I don't understand what a city in a failing state has to do with anything
>>
File: 1468650975505.jpg (422KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1468650975505.jpg
422KB, 960x1280px
>first throne I claim pushes my scales in a direction I don't want
>every fucking game
>>
File: 1376256207707.gif (944KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1376256207707.gif
944KB, 400x225px
>>174475661
>first throne is the throne of bureaucracy
>>
>>174475950
For some nations that shits dope.
>>
>>174476343
>-100 gold a turn
>dope
For who? MA Ermor?
>>
>>174417164
It would be a fun one. And it's nice to see that there are still people who do their initial design work on traditional media.
>>
>>174475950
>playing as niefelheim
>first throne is Summer
>>
>>174476621
It can never reduce a province's income below 0
>>
>>174476981
That's not a bad throne, desu. It gets you a new path
>>
11.34 on GG.
I think that's the cheapest it's ever been.
>>
>>174482514
It's been like $5 before
>>
File: Burden of Time.jpg (92KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
Burden of Time.jpg
92KB, 600x488px
>>
File: 1479560037887.png (344KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479560037887.png
344KB, 700x900px
>>
>>174493891
What I want to know is why the knight of the deep has his merhorse but the elf doesnt have his actual horse.
>>
>>174455580

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NIEFEL KILLED A GOOD MAN
>>
>>174465254

Yes. I was planning on looping around that throne.
>>
>>174473114

I got so close to the end with my hero surviving, too.
>>
>>174495949
Yeh, he's pretty awesome. Earth magic is great, and his built in weapon hits really hard and never misses on account of its AoE.
>>
>>174496397
I always wonder why more giants dont just have aoe attacks.
>>
>>174500792
It'd be op as fuck on a recruitable
>>
>>174500854
Hill giants and shit should at least have it.
>>
>>174500965
It'd be cool on a high tier summon, at least.
>>
>>174413354
This one is really nice, although all his AARs are very Ermor focused. Any AARs you guys would recommend for a look at other civilizations?
>>
>>174475950
What's wrong with that?

5 temple checks is very nice for a level 2 throne, and dominion conflict bonus is great (only other place you get it is the throne of the pantokrator).

5% more income on all your provinces can also make up for 100 gold by midgame if you're a decent size.

I wouldn't be unhappy to have that as my first throne, even with order 3. I probably wouldn't claim it immediately, but the dominion bonuses would be good for later.

>>174477329
And if that's true, it's even better than I thought.
>>
I love Dryads!
>>
>>174449774
I'm not, sorry.
>>
how i remove elf
>>
>>174501489
That's by far the most entertaining AAR I've found, even though I'll never play an Ermor MP game.
>>
Ded thred
Ded gaym
>>
>>174507061
Figure out a way to kill their thugs cheaply, make sure you have plenty of it spread around your lands. Don't leave your forts undefended, and be prepared to lose any provinces which aren't directly adjacent to a fort with troops+mages.

If you're not a nation which can match or beat them at raiding, you'll need to focus on taking their forts. Invade them with a few (or just one if you're small) large armies and focus on cracking forts. Bring siege bonus if possible, so you can get in faster.

Your army should come prepared to deal with air combat spells and more thugs.

Of course, this will change somewhat depending on which elves you're fighting.
>>
File: 5iUGz4D.jpg (79KB, 1421x570px) Image search: [Google]
5iUGz4D.jpg
79KB, 1421x570px
Well this was entertaining.
>>
>>174517585

IS THIS MANOEUVRE CALLED STEEL REHN?
>>
File: RcleHvH.png (681KB, 858x562px) Image search: [Google]
RcleHvH.png
681KB, 858x562px
>>174517773
BATTUL BRUVAS

TODAY THE ENEMY IS AT OUAH DOAH
>>
>>174518353

3 prot? Wot
>>
>>174518634
looks like hes invulnerable, so bonus protection against normal attacks. probably a strange attempt at balance, or fluff since their armor is basically impervious to normal weapons but they can still be hurt
>>
>>174518353
>not poor amphibian
Space marines can breath in water
>>
>>174452662
dungeon floor generator
not even kidding
>>
Will 35 MR stop you from killing yourslef on a crapload of blood vengance sacreds?
>>
>>174469929
>>174472876
Had trouble finding a nation I liked, but I combed through them last night and am now in and memeing as hard as i could concieve.
>>
Mictaln here for FastTurnsAtSnerdrynHigh

Something is fucked up with your servers.

I've submitted my fucking .trn file and sent it back to the server twice and I just got a message reminding me to do my turn because it will be hosting in 12 hours. Why the fuck is nothing working at all? I'm doing my turn, grabbing the fucking .trn file in the folder and attatching it to a reply directly to this address. Why on earth is it acting like I've never sent in my turn? I'm just going to drop this if your servers don't even work.
>>
>>174520086
You need to send the .2h file not the .trn file
>>
>>174518353
Wait, there is a 40k mod? Please give me some sauce on this.
>>
Golem with Stymphalian Wings, Vine Shield and Charchoal Shild (fighting undead so awe is useless).

Yes or no?
>>
>>174520302
Lol. The most expensive donation I've heard of. Also depends what undead your fighting.
>>
>>174520208
It sends me a .trn file and I have to send back a .2h file? Why?
>>
File: tha empras fureh.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tha empras fureh.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>174518634
>>174518886
Earth is giving +1.

2 base prot felt appropriate because bulletproof ribcage-plates and whatnot. But I spent all of 20 minutes on this so it's not terribly well thought out.

Also not sure why he's a priest, and I have no idea how he's getting Awe.

>>174520297
It's just a quick thing I made. Start as Ulm or another nordic nation and you can choose him as your pretender

https://www.dropbox.com/s/igfs8afhw3xae7t/Spess.rar?dl=0
>>
>>174520420
Tomby Wyrms.
>>
>>174519382
Define "crapload". With enoughs tickets anyone can win the lottery.
>>
It's been suggested that we move to a 48 hour timer.
Any objections?
>>
>>174520598
200 something.
>>
>>174520495
The .trn file is the turn, and the 2h file is your changes. If you check a single player game it uses the same system. As to as far as why it does this, I have no clue. But it's pretty fucking convenient that you only have to pay attention to the file extension when sending a turn.
>>
>>174520652
Also Ragha will need a 72 hour extension.
>>
>>174520810
The problem with that is some lay man (such as the retarded mictlan) do not have "visible file extension" or whatever it's called enabled in their browser. I don't actually remember a time when i didnt have that enbled so i dont remember what it looks like but i think some ppl confuse the two.
>>
>>174520921
After this turn that is.
>>
>>174520525
I'm managing the Warhammer (Fantasy) mod compilation, let me know if you ever want to do a sprite or two for any of the nations! That space marine is good work.
>>
>>174520557
>200 sacred literal worms.
Those things can die to anything unless they are blessed with magic damage or BV. I think even a normal army could kill them i dont think trample would be a good idea getting surrounded by blessed anything. Remove flying and charcoal for brand and cheap revig.
>>
>>174521385
They do have BV and trample doesn't trigger BV.
>reinvigoration on a unit that doesn't accumulate fatigue
Seriously dude?
>>
>>174519382
>>174520754
Someone chime in if I'm wrong.

It depends on your strength, HP, and whether you have regen or not but with a little regen you should be fine. Basically blood vengence base rolls at 10 if I'm not mistaken so with DRN hitting 3 crits then busting that's still only 30- 35 ish. With you base rolling at 35 you would have to bust and they roll 4 crits for you to be affected, which with 200 sacreds to kill can happen still but maybe only once or twice.

So assuming you do get hit you you now need to factor in how much damage you're doing and whether that'll insta kill you or not. I believe blood vengeance damage is AN but there's not a lot of chassis that'll insta kill themselves so you should be fine. Here's where the regen comes in, while it's possible that you could get hit by blood vengeance a handful of times it's extremely improbable that it would be consecutively so if you can regen between turns that'll help tremendously, so if you're using a golem hope you have N9.

And that's of course assuming your not taking too much damage from the sacreds too outside of blood vengeance too badly. But yea with 35 MR it's extremely unlikely you'll get hit but it's still possible as >>174520598 pointed out.

What kind of sacreds are they? 200 is a lot so I'm assuming it's freespawn or suppayas.
>>
>>174520302
Replace the wings with boots of the behemoth if you want to trample. And a starshine cap so that you can tele instead of fly
>>
>>174523890
pretty shitty advice desu
>>
>>174520525
I think hes getting it from the leadership. Same thing happened to me once.
>>
>>174521524
Are you not casting etheral or astral shield? If you enjoy fatiur go for it. Also you are assuming the enemy cannot fatigue the golem through magical means. Like I said enjoy your donation.
>>
Where do I get AINoRecruit mod from? And what other mods should I install?
>>
>>174525691
Google. If you're starting out, none.
>>
>>174525834
I found one but it seems rather ancient. From november 2013. Does it not need to be updated constantly to work properly?
>>
>>174523890
I agree with the other guy. That sounds like a recipe for a free donation. Trample replacement might be a good suggestion (but flying boots would be prefered to that). But casting tele is a dum idea to fatigue your 0 encum golem to death. Do you guys believe that golems cannot be fatigued or something?
>>
>>174525972
It depends. As always. If youre playing alone its fine. But if some other mook has a different ediion then you both need to share the same version.
>>
>>174525996
Ritual tele, not in battle tele. If you give it flying boots, it lands in the middle of a swarm of wyrms, hits enough of them with its brand to kill it. Woo, awesome. Trample bypasses that. CS gives more killing power as well.
>>
>>174525972
Also
>ancient
>2013
Stop making me feel old.
>>
>>174526182
I think it'll reach turn limit before it'll kill enough, but test that theory and let us know how it works out.
>>
>>174526242
>see a car from 2007
>still think of it as pretty new
>suddenly realize its 10 years old
>>
Should I just manual search with my mages or is it better to monthly ritual the search spells?
>>
>>174526989
I think generally you are better of searching manually unless you already have a lot of gems to spare searching or are using voice of tiamat or something.
>>
>>174520652

I support this.
>>
>>174526989
In general, mages. Use site search spells on high-gem provinces, like wastes and thrones
>>
>>174526989
Use X2 in as many paths as possible then look for provinces that have weird scales in them (like D3 if you took G3) and use a sitesearch spell on them. Anything beyond that is probably not worth
>>
>>174526989
Manual in almost all cases. Unless you're playing with unusually high gem sites and your mages are only level 1 in the path, the answer is manual.

Also - the Anti-Bat Alliance is reborn! We just killed 100 bats with no losses - that's the power of Hinduism.
>>
>>174526989
If you've got lots of W income, Voice of Tiamat is worthwhile.

Otherwise, only use spells to search if you're extremely rich or you have to. or just akashic knowledge every province if you've got 30 astral income
>>
>>174527498
Then the 10000+ rest of the bat colony swarms into all your provinces and Mictlan stabs you while you're distracted.
>>
>>174526989
Wait wait wait you guys I think we're mistaking what this guy is saying. I don't know if he's aski g if we should site search by walking or using rituals with manual spells or automatic monthly ritual casting.

For me I do all three. In the beginning I use my mages to walk to provinces to site search. Then once i get some gem income i always manually site search ritual. I only auto if im bored or testing something. I alwys find that spending extra gems to SS with rituals is worth the investment (unless you're in an immediate war). As always, it depends.
>>
Any games recruiting?
>>
>>174528584
I think aBoneToPick and ElfingAround are still not full
>>
>>174528584
a bone to pick is the only one left i think

>>174528663
elfing around and nobatsallowed both went away forever
>>
>>174528738
my lols
>>
>>174520921
>ragha subs
>sub immediately asks for an extension

Sad!
>>
File: scripts.png (12KB, 663x243px) Image search: [Google]
scripts.png
12KB, 663x243px
>>174519382
>>174519382

in how many hits do you expect to kill a single one of those sacreds? remember that if you use an AOE weapon that doesn't istantkill you might cause several hundreds more blood vangeance checks.
what's the magic dominion of the zone?

anyway it sounds like a coinflip being hit once and unless you are in magic 2 dominion with each sacreds taking 2 hits to kill we can bet you to not get blood vangeance twice.
unfortunately the enemy sacreds attacks, with their increased strength, are probably the ones who are going to kill you if you don't have regen or a very big stack of hp and protection.

it also sounds like you might hit the turn limit, but i guess it would end with the sacred getting morale checks.
>>
how do I use the inspector to search for for instance just rituals up to air 3 and stuff like that?
>>
>>174530412
Ticking boxes is too hard for dominions player base now?
>>
>>174531138
There is not a single tick box that would allow me to search for just Air 3 spells. There is a tick box to search for all of them but no filter for a specific path number.
>>
>>174531286

Tick air spells, tick combat or rituals and then sort them by path required? Wow
>>
>>174531889
Yes I can do that however I did not ask for that did I now? I asked if it was possible to just get a list of specific spells such as ONLY the Air 3 spells and nothing else.
>>
>>174532336
>ONLY the Air 3
>>174530412
>up to air 3

You might be retarded, anon.
>>
>>174532441
I guess. Well that was a cock up on my part and I apologize. Now is it possible to do what I described in >>174532336 ?
>>
>>174532534
It's not, AFAIK, since path req isn't a named key in the inspector.
>>
>>174422705
LA Man's Defenders are actually quite good.
>>
>>174531889
>>174532336
Can't you just scroll to the Air 3 section after following the above steps
>>
File: 1462907780431.jpg (13KB, 605x146px) Image search: [Google]
1462907780431.jpg
13KB, 605x146px
>>174528738
>>
Where do I learn how to build a pretender properly? And about what kind of pretenders I can build?
>>
>>174514528
Thanks.
>tfw cheap unit spam nation with no way to remove thugs
gg
>>
>>174535510
what nation?
All of them have a way.
>>
>>174525608
Guess I'll give him some boots of youth since those don't cost real gems. Thanks for the advice.
>>
First time playing Asphodel in summod, and also summod in general. It says I can generate nature gems from templed forests, but how exactly to do I access this?
>>
>>174540948
build temples in forests
>>
>>174541230
Literally the only reason I ask here is because I just did that and received no additional gem income.
>>
>>174541429
Let us look through summod's mod

#newsite 1804
#name "Carrionland"
#path 6
#level 0
#rarity 5
#decscale 3
#gems 6 1
#end

#newevent #req_freesites 1 #rarity 5
#req_fornation 49 #nation -2
#req_pop0ok #req_capital 0
#req_maxpop 100
#req_dominion 5 #req_rare 20 #req_temple 1 #req_fort 0 #req_forest 1 #req_land 1 #req_nositenbr 1804 #req_site 0 #addsite 1804
#msg "Carrionland Created. [Carrionland]." #nolog #notext #end

Requirements
-play Asphodel
-forest province
-land province
-free site slot
-temple in province
-at least 5 dominion
-less than 1000 population

Now you get a free site that gives 1 nature gem.
>>
Are there any use for Hama Dryads? You can find em through primal forest site. 40% homesickness sucks. Actually are there any uses for any homesickness units?
>>
>>174542860
I dunno against human players but against AIs I already used them as a defensive army to protect a sieged fort.
>>
File: don't kill yourself.jpg (113KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
don't kill yourself.jpg
113KB, 650x650px
>>174542385
>-at least 5 dominion
>-less than 1000 population

There we go, thanks.
>>
>>174543234
Sounds like a terrible waste of mage turns. Ok thanks.
>>
>>174542860
The stuff with homesickness is useful as a defensive force. It can move one space out from it's home as long as it moves back.

So if you summon them on your front lines they can react to any invasions.
>>
>>174542385
>less than 1k pop
>as aspho
Fucking hell sum1
>>
>>174528040
Quite possible. But at least some of us are trying. If I lose, at least I'll get to start another game, without everyone ignoring Sybats.
>>
>>174546582
>another game, without everyone ignoring Sy
lol no
>>
>>174546842
In this game everybody loses with BoT up.
I changed my win condition from winning, to preventing bats from winning.
>>
File: win.png (10KB, 455x380px) Image search: [Google]
win.png
10KB, 455x380px
Look like everyone went AI so I win.

Highlights of the game:
- Atlantis deciding to "just pass through" my territory with a huge army of shamblers to reach the second pool during expansion phase. I killed his whole army so he proceeded to do nothing for 30 turns and then went AI.

- Tribless Ashdod blobbing and then getting ganked by my neighbors. He defended his cap for a long time until he got domkilled. His neutral cap remained unoccupied for some 10 turns as a sign of respect.
>>
>>174548719
Atlantis didn't contact you at all with a passage payment?
>>
>>174548719
Boo. Post charts. You don't win til you're Pantokrator in my book you unascended-rejector. Boo
>>
>>174548918
>Atlantis didn't contact you at all with a passage payment?
His first text contact with me was on the same turn he marched into my territory. He obviously underestimated monkeys and was hoping to strong arm his way through.

>>174548939
>Post charts
Could cast eyes of god. Gimme a while.
>>
>>174534118
>Where do I learn how to build a pretender properly?

this thread, /v/anheim chat and by playing multiplayer and theorycrafting builds on your own.

>And about what kind of pretenders I can build?

each pretender can do multiple things and those things could either strengthen your nation main power or aiding it by covering its weaknesses.Another big ideal to follow is to cover or strengthen your nation at one point in time and decide when to conquer half the world based on that.
these are the major roles your pretender can cover, you want to score well in multiple areas if possible.I wanted to make a list but it's too late in the night, but basically it's EVERYTHING you can imagine with sitesearching god, superfighter(against enemy armies), crafter(of non booster items),summoner( unless of national summons or mages that break you into new paths), researcher, gem generator(few god have this ability), capital rusher, assassin,event or gold generator ( few gods have this ability) BEING THE WORST/most situational to design around.
Priorities in designing for your nations should be:
-expanding
-winning the first war
-a bless for early and/or lategame(not all nations want a bless)
-having the economy that better suits your troops and mages in different times( gold VS gems? how many production scales?)
-access to national summons or different paths of magic

note 1: when designing an expander god try to find out what is the cheapest option first. it needs to expand 99% of the times against 80% of indies, nothing more matter.
note 2: when designing around casting a spell or breaking magical path look out for boosters and summonable mages and what are the highest costing spells of that path. you'll find out, for example, than more than 5 earth is useless and if you can't reach Air 4 you won't be able to get any higher with boosters.
>>
File: 20170420234506_1.jpg (224KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170420234506_1.jpg
224KB, 1366x768px
>>174549372
More highlights:
- Agartha going FULL RAPTOR and transforming into burd and alpha striking all of Marignon's provinces.

- Asphodel, who has doing really well, rushing down AI Sceleria, stealing one woodland province from me and bringing down a typhoon of monkey shit on his head. Ended up taking all his land even though I didn't want it.

- C'Tis, who I rushed down earlygame after scouting that he had Sceleria in his capring during expansion, holed up in his capital and spammed bane venom charms. I finally took the fort turn 35 after over 20 turns of sieging it, mostly with throwaway commanders and undead. When I took it the cap was reduced to 30 income.

- AI Xibalba and AI Sceleria who despite bordering me only attacked my enemies. Sceleria especially made life miserable for Asphodel and helped me win that war more quickly.

pic related: my build, scales bandar
>>
File: 20170420235319_1.jpg (90KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170420235319_1.jpg
90KB, 1366x768px
>>174550120
commencing graph dump:

provinces
>>
>>174550120
How did that work? What did you do without sacreds?
>>
File: 20170420235323_1.jpg (69KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170420235323_1.jpg
69KB, 1366x768px
>>174550337
forts
>>
>>174550446
Wait until everyone else AIs, from the look of it.
>>
>>174526242
A 4 year old mod is ancient for a multiplayer videogame

>>174526681
A 10 year old car is not that old
>>
>>174550669
Its more the fact that I realized 2007 was 10 years ago. Getting old man.
>>
File: 20170420235326_1.jpg (95KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170420235326_1.jpg
95KB, 1366x768px
>>174550505
income

>>174550446
Expand with elephants/markata. Fight early/midgame wars with Yogi spam, Bandar, Atavi Archers and Markata. Lategame get conj and blood and summon mages. Broke into blood using Devasura the hero.

>>174550519
I lead in all graphs forr most of the game. I admit it was a pretty disappointing turnout because all game I was preparing for a big coalition war that never came. Mostly because my main rival Xibalba didn't have the will to fight. I can't blame him since Xib is so shit in MA.
>>
File: 20170420235329_1.jpg (79KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170420235329_1.jpg
79KB, 1366x768px
>>174550936
gems
>>
>>174550861
Oh, I feel you
>remember as a kid that by the time I turned 21 my brother would be 29
>now big bros married and almost 30
My god
>>
File: 20170420235332_1.jpg (64KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170420235332_1.jpg
64KB, 1366x768px
>>174551094
research
>>
File: 20170420235335_1.jpg (103KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170420235335_1.jpg
103KB, 1366x768px
>>174551254
dom
>>
>>174550936
Man I was hoping Bandar would be my top MA choice for starting out multiplayer because I love the monkeys, but I have no idea how to work them. I found a sort of guide that makes use of a rainbow pretender and a lot of summons, but I might be too nub to pull any of it off.
>>
File: 20170420235337_1.jpg (88KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170420235337_1.jpg
88KB, 1366x768px
>>174551420
markata spam
>>
>>174551224
Time is a cruel bitch. Every year goes by faster and faster and makes my lack of accomplishments more and more embarrassing.
>>
>>174551497
I'd recommend going a cookie cutter bless like W9 and decent scales and imprisoned instead of rainbow.

Bandar's nonsacred troops can be used effectively but you have to know what you are doing. The sacreds are strong and all your unique summons are sacred so no real reason not to take a major bless. I did it because I was trying to meme.
>>
What nation has the best heroes?
>>
>>174552451
Therodos
>>
>>174551969
Ill give it a try, any advice on what spells to rush?
>>
>>174552818
If you are getting rushed you can use Star Fires and Tangle Vines as ghetto battlemagic. Communions are also useful in this sitution to boost your tangle vines casting N mages (summod only).

Your initial research goal for serious early-mid game war should be conj 4 evoc 5 thau 1 so that you can cast Light of the Northern Star to boost your Yogi to S2 so that they can spam Stellar Cascades. Cascades will fatigue your opponent's troops so that even a Markata can walk up and kill them.

After this get a load of Alt to buff your troops defenses and Conj for better summon.
>>
>>174552553
Actually that's painfully true. I know no other hero that can turn1 autocast a global spell every fight for free.
>>
>>174552818
>Rushing spells as Bandar
Unfortunately, nope. Short of Ulm trying an innovative thug strat, Mind Burn/Paralyze/Soul Slay aren't super viable. Rush Conj in case you end up facing Vans, White Centaurs, etc. so you can get a couple Yakshas - Earth Meld is way more effective than Wild Tangle. But other than Alt 5 for Wooden Warriors you have no real rush candidates to avoid an early death. You need Conj 6 for Kinnaras, then Alt 7 for Fog Warriors and you're golden. If you went with a normal monkey pretender (i.e. at least one major bless) you would probably go for Conj 5 for Gandharvas and Thaum 6 for Celestial Music.
>>
File: this is a dev.png (8KB, 931x102px) Image search: [Google]
this is a dev.png
8KB, 931x102px
Is Kristoffer just an idea guy?
>>
>>174555290
Could be he mostly does research for the units and nations and shit.
>>
>>174555290
How much do you remember about shit you did fifteen years ago?
>>
>>174556152
I was three then so nothing. I guess I can understand it though; all the acid damage was cunningly hidden behind names like "Acid Rain" and "Acid Bolt" and had its own unique sprites to make it less recognizable.
>>
>>174553742
With WH there's one for atlantis that drops antimagic every battle
>>
Trying out a full-scales EA Ermor. What's supposed to be their strength? Ulm has better troops, Arcoscephale has roughly equal troops and better elemental communions, Sauromatia has better sorcery communions, C'tis has better death magic, and Machaka does Banefire better.

My best guess is that Ermor's best features are that it has a good ratio of depth/diversity, that they can recruit Augur Elders from every fort, and that their troops are technically above average for humans, but it's EA: there are few resources around, they have poor paths to buff with, and other nations have powerful cap-onlys with rec-anywheres that are "merely" effective in addition to their superhuman low-resource troops. They just seem weak.
>>
>>174550120
Yeah, I noticed you had a full wrap on the world and I was like "I can't beat that"

Birding Mari was fun as fuck though, i doubt any Agartha has ever done that before
>>
File: 1489950617549903446.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1489950617549903446.gif
14KB, 416x416px
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MagusAssistance

Wow, it's a non-meme MA game! I'm so excited!
>>
>>174559346
>non-meme
>summod
>>
>>174560230
t. Ermor
>>
>>174559346
theres already been a ton of MA games that failed to start, do fucking late or early if you want more people
>>
>>174560741
>late is popular
how did this happen all the nations look so boring
>>
>>174557752
Yeah I guess, but what the hell kind of indie is going to cast spells that need anti-magic for? For any rush nation with spells? Not really useful if you ask me for expansion. Other than expansion that's generally pretty good. But places too much responsibility on a single commander.
>>
>>174552451
Doesnt berytos have the best hero?
>>
>>174546582
I never felt ignored. I've been battling multiple opponents since year 1.

Also, post graphs.

>>174548090
Could've done that more easily with an awake monolith, desu.
>>
>>174561856
Sorry, year 2*
>>
>>174561172
Honestly I find the late age nations more appealing than the MA ones.

But I'd put EA above either.
>>
>>174551594
Want me to end the game?
>>
>>174562047
An EA game started like 5 days ago m8.
>>
>>174562193
It filled, like, instantly. We could probably get a somewhat larger game going (like 12-15 players)
>>
>>174562298
Who said I didn't join that one?
>>
>>174562358
The dude you responded to said he liked EA. What I'm saying is that EA is poplar now and we could get more of them.
>>
>>174562358
no one even knows who you are
>>
Why is MA so unpopular? Doesnt it have the best of both worlds?
>>
>>174562501
It isn't. It's just one guy who doesn't like it. LA is by far the most unpopular age.
>>
>>174562501
It got so popular that all the games were MA and people got tired of there being no other games.
>>
>>174562643
I mean, I understand why that's so to. It's because people already have issues expanding, which is compounded by LA indies giving people harder times.

And this warps the game, because whoever started next to said players who failed to expand has a massive advantage. And while that happens in all the ages, it is way more common in LA
>>
How exactly does one use the debug mod?
>>
>>174562501
MA is worse than EA, and LA is probably the worst. But they're all fun. The biggest issue is MA is the most popular age, there's always games in MA and they just pile up. Then there's some EA games, but never as many as MA. then There's barely any LA games so it always feels fresher. That's really the big thing for me at least
>>
>tfw no qt dominoes streamers to "watch"
>>
>>174563539
I just find very few of the MA nations interesting to play compared to EA, and even to LA.
>>
>>174563574
Maerland's vids with his son are p adorable
>>
So if I was interested in joining a /vg/ game, or any game really, where do I find one?
>>
>>174559346
>map has 11 LARGE farms
wew
>>
Berytos 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Helheim 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i Waiting for 2h file
Tir na n'Og 2h file received

I'm starting to take this personnely
>>
>>174563574
I've thought about uploading dominions videos to youtube but i dont think streaming would be the best idea.

>>174563853
I agree, but by popularity its definitely MA>EA>LA.
>>
>>174564407
Do it
>>
>>174564407
Eh, last I saw it was EA>MA>LA, but EA and MA are so damn close in how many games go up it's probably seesawing.

More like EA/MA >>>>> LA
>>
>>174564602
Yeah. Which is shame, because LA has my two favorite nations: LA Ulm and Lemuria.

>>174564541
Maybe for the next roleplay game I join, or if I start a singleplayer game.
>>
>>174565021
>or if I start a singleplayer game.
I hope you're meming
>>
>>174564218
tell you wat bby just 4 u I will not 2x turn.
>>
>>174565223
RINGRINGHELLOISTHISCOALITION?I'DLIKETOORDERAGANGBANG
>>
File: 1423264611737.png (68KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
1423264611737.png
68KB, 298x400px
>>174565272
HERRO YOU WANT FRY RICE WIF THAT?
>>
>>174565358
YESPLEASEANDALSOEGGROLLSWAITASECONDISTHISCHINA?
>>
File: yup.jpg (97KB, 1073x316px) Image search: [Google]
yup.jpg
97KB, 1073x316px
>>174565447
YES DIS CHINA
YOU WANT FO PICK OR DERIVERY?
>>
>>174565070
Mostly, but single player games can be kind of fun on rare occasion. Just scripting mages and SC's to slaughter thousand strong stacks of deer tribe and militia the AI hurls at you gets old pretty quick but you can win a single player game in an afternoon if you're just itching to run through and have fun.
>>
How can people play blitzes? A few turns in and there is way too much shit to take care of each turn for it to be possible to do in a blitz and not lose ones mind in the process.
>>
>>174565913
for some reason in my past few games none of the AI has used anything but national troops. I remember it being annoying a few years ago, but it hasnt cropped up and im not using any mods.
>>
>>174567085
Who knows, maybe they finally patched the AI to not suck as much. I know summod claims to change the AI as well so if you use that it would be why.
>>
>>174566346
first 12 turns its just muscle memory. Past year 2 you grow a new aneurysm every other turn.
>>
>>174567368
Maybe. I haven't installed anything but the base game, haven't bothered to learn how to yet anyway.
>>
>>174559346
Joined as ermor ;)
>>
>>174572487
i actually really hope ermor and asphodel both join so i can be marignon and have even the smallest purpose in existence
>>
>>174559346
>http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MagusAssistance
I sort of want to join just because I've never played on this map. Sort of.
>>
>>174573164
I'm working on a pretender right now for a similar reason, and to mess around with magic enhanced more
>>
>>174559346
Divided between Xib, Oceana, or Asphodel. Should I innovate?
>>
>>174574637
I am. Sort of.

Story events are off. Does that mean frequency of events is also decreased, or do story events just take the place of regular events that would happen?
>>
Why do Ashdod and Gath get "strange fire"? They can't cast it with recruitable mages, and they can't summon anything that can cast it either. It only seems to exist to be objectively superior to Holy Pyre.

Okay Ashdod gets it on .00825% of their Talmai Elders, and Gath gets it on .0109% of their Kohen Gadol, but it's not exactly likely.
>>
So, is the admin just going to let Xibalba stale out while Ur eats his stuff? Because that's what it looks like is happening right now.
>>
>>174575485
Well Xib did submit last turn, and I was talking to Ur and apparently Xib is fielding demonlord SCs, so maybe it's not as bad as it seems.
>>
>>174574637
I'm torn between Ys, Shinuyama and Marignon. If Ermor or asphodel joins I'll probably do Marignon, if not it depends on if there's another water nation or not since poor Ys is just a land nation stuck in the water
>>
>>174575485
Xib staled one turn. The real staler is TNN, but hilariously he's been completely ignored all game while Atlantis and Vanheim fight right next door.
>>
>>174576014
Yeah, but it's an objectively shitty position that has no real influence on the game except as an extension of one of those two.
>>
Would you rather have f4w9n9d4b9, or f9w9n9b9, or w9n9d9b9 for an innovative bless?
>>
>>174576974
Eh, it could have been used to opportunistically stab Helheim when they were fighting Agartha, or again now that Ur/Kailasa is eating Helheim.
>>
If I was trying to come up with an innovative strategy, and I was able to hang on with Dom 4 until I rushed someone's capital and built 5 temples vs the AI, what sort of things would I need to do differently to do it vs players?
>>
>>174578135
How? The only players TNN shares more than one province with are Vanheim and now Atlantis.
>>
>>174577924
If I had to take a quad bless I'd take the second one. Jags ahoy.
>>
F9 is underrated. More att or def is great
>>
>>174583197
Well, I guess what I mean is f4-8 is good as is w4-8 but with the quickness thing in water being so great you don't see the minor as much
>>
>>174562106
yes.
>>

join gaem
>>
>>174575213
It runs in their civilization. Hinnom can't summon thunder goats with any nationals except Grigori.
>>
>>174579790
TNN borders Helheim you know. Sure, its a 1 province connection, but they're also cloud trapezing thugging ELVES.
>>
File: WHO WINS.png (39KB, 403x335px) Image search: [Google]
WHO WINS.png
39KB, 403x335px
TNN took a stand to defend a farm province that had a mounted commander on it, potentially because a fort was under construction. We certainly had a fight there!
>>
>>174587107
Did you both run away without killing any units?
>>
>>174587290
No, I just intentionally covered up that part so that people could guess who won
>>
>>174587321

I dont think TNN has anything that could kill giants unless he took a F9 bless or it is a heat province.
>>
File: Losses.png (60KB, 493x427px) Image search: [Google]
Losses.png
60KB, 493x427px
>>174587415
TNN is running cold scales, but he did have something that could kill a giant! One died to a combination of smite spam from his prophet and elven spears.
>>
>>174587491

Cold elves? He is fucked until t-strike comes online and even then its eh until he can amass mages.
>>
>>174587581
We'll see! He went Alteration first, and even cast Earth Meld with his hero a few turns ago, so he'd need to pivot to get to lightning evocation.
>>
>>174587801
You're making Dominions look like fun and I want you to stop.
>>
>>174566346
More experience with dominions helps a ton.

I use hotkeys heavily to script, so it doesn't take me long unless there's a major battle coming.

I usually have a decent idea of what good research goals for the nation are before I start as well, so I don't need to spend time mucking around in the inspector looking for useful spells.

I barely even look at battles unless the result surprises me, can usually tell what people are doing by their army composition and positioning.

All that plus other miscellaneous shortcuts make it much more manageable to do turns quickly.
>>
>>174587885
Dominions early to mjdgame is fun, tactical and quick to play. It turns into an unfun slogfest lategame. You have to micro bilions of commanders and one false step and your armies get RoS'd.
>>
>>174590201
dominons late game would be more fun if it were less tedious
>>
How would you make the late game less tedious though? Other than having Throne settings that ensure the game ends before you reach it, of course.

Dom3 did it by mainly revolving around single powerful units rather than massed mage blobs. That works pretty well, but the downside is you end up invalidating armies which makes all nations play pretty much the same.
>>
>>174595058
I think the number of commanders you accumulate should be limited. It could be done by adding scaling to upkeep. Your first commander would cost 1x upkeepwhile your 200th would cost 5 or 10 times more per turn. It would also prebent unstoppable blobs from steamrolling everyone. Problem is this would make upkeepless nations even more op so they would need severe nerfs.
>>
>>174595726

Not really an issue in most cases, you can copy paste orders for them.

>>174595058

Scale down game sizes, less provinces mainly.
>>
File: 1486453145008.png (23KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
1486453145008.png
23KB, 212x172px
Tell me again why Yomi, the literal Oni nation, doesn't have access to Oni ritual summons
I have the gems
Let me summon more Dai Oni for fucks sake
>>
What is the best nation in EA or MA to remove elf
>>
>>174600875
Hinnom
>>
>>174600875
Vanheim
>>
>>174600875
Ulm
>>
>>174600875
Xibalba
>>
>>174600697

Why would you ever want to do that? They're a waste of D gems when you have access to those paths already.
>>
>>174595058
One way is to make you get there faster. So put research on easy.

Then when you get access to lategame magic you won't have nearly as many mages that you need to script.

If you want you can also up the site frequency to have a closer amount of gems to what you'd have in a "normal" lategame.
>>
/vg/s opinion on summod?
>>
>>174604836
Mostly good changes, then some stupid stuff. I think I prefer it to vanilla but it's nice to play both to keep things fresh.

Most people seem to like it more than I do though
>>
>>174595726
Yeah let's Nerf the shit out of all those OP nations who rely on massed mages, like Arcoscephale
>>
>>174590194
relying on armies in the first place is a bad idea. Each army should be specialized for their tasks otherwise it's a cost opportunity to be deploying the wrong armies. SC for example could take that RoS easily (usually). Or have some other counter.
>>
Hey guys what are some ways to kill massed sacred BV troops?
>>
>>174597936
Player count is more important than province count, if you want a fast game.
>>
>>174601824
how can EA ulm remove elf
>>
>>174607839
rain of stones.
>>
>>174607839
Flaming arrows.
Stellar cascades
>>
>>174608743
>>174609000
Any other innovative ways to remove sacred BV? Those two methods are basic "mass kill" spells. What about something that doesn't proc BV or a method in deterring/withstanding BV?
>>
>>174609545
Mass Enslave
>>
>>174609662
No astral or 9 spells.
>>
>>174609545

Tramplers, hordes of skeletons/chaff, elemental spam, assassinating/seeking arrow the priests, convince someone else to do it.
>>
>>174610253
Thanks these are pretty cool. Why do tramplers not proc BV?
>>
>>174610465
Reasons
>>
>>174607839
What's BV?
>>
>>174610465
Poor coding probably
>>
>>174610253
>>174610465
I think we just had a discussion of a SC with trample (boots of trample or trample flying armor). So this has got me thinking. What is the fatigue of a single "trample step"? Does it depend on size of the unit trampling or the difference in size of the trampler and tramplee? Is the previously mentioned trampling SC for BV troops a viable option? The last thought up SC was flying armor + vine + charcoal shield golem or something.
>>
>>174612428
A trampling golem will incur no fatigue because he has no enc.
>>
>Where do I get it?
>It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

Can you please delete this section?

Your general always comes up when I search "rsg" in the catalog
>>
>>174612812
>this applies to every general
>cannot click enter twice to skip /domg/

No.
>>
>>174612683
Yes I know that for a golem, but what about a human or whatever, something without 0 encumb.
>>
>>174612812
just for you I will specifically add "fuck /rsg/" to the OP next time I make a thread.
>>
>>174612812
>fucking runescape general
I had to go and check just to see if that was a real thing
>>
Got a message at FastTurnsAtSnerdrynHigh that the game is being hosted in 12 hours. I didn't get an email with my turn after emailing back my shit yesterday. What is going on? I sent in two emails even.
>>
>>174612428
>>174607839

Does poison damage like poison cloud, foul vapors proc BV?
>>
>>174613449
Poison doesn't regardless of source. Spell, breath, weapon, doesn't matter, poison doesn't trigger it.
>>
I really don't know how to play this damn game.

Can you guys give me an advice on what to do? What kind of pretender to make, what research to do, what units to build, what spells to cast?

I know that it all depends from game to game and I am not asking for the specifics but rather what I want to know is the know-how on how to look at the nations and decide on what pretender to build, what spells to research and so on.
>>
>>174615740
It depends ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>174610465
>Why do tramplers not proc BV?
because when you trample something you know your feets are going to get bloody anyway so you are psychologically prepared and you don't care about the blood being vangeful. you also can just don't look at your enemy but keep your sight straight up which helps.

in normal combat or even when you throw a spell, you see directly the blood of the enemy coming out and since it's vengeful you have to do a MR roll to see if you are psychomagically prepared to look at it.
>>
>>174612812
where did this meme start, i've seen it so many generals
>>
>>174612812
what about searching for "/srg"?
>>
>>174615740
Get research with specific goals in mind but, also make sure your research path doesn't leave you defenseless in case shit hit the fan along the way.

Simple Example:

Say you are Abysia and you have a lot of Fire. Your best midgame combat option is Fire Elemental spam. The fasted way to get it would be to pump all your weak early research into conj. However along the way up to conj 5 you would have no combat magic to defend yourself against enemies. You would have to scramble and tech some low-end battlemagic quickly. The delay you have in getting your mages combat ready could cost you the game. That's why it's a good idea to pick up a little bit of Thau and Evoc before going all out into conj. Thau 2 will get you bonds of fire and Evoc 2 give you flare which is a ghetto fireball. After that you can safely go full Conj, picking up Lesser Fire Elemental and Pheonix power along the way to Fire elemental. The points you invested in Evoc and Thau are not wasted though since they are along the way your secondary research goals like Prison of Fire, Fireball, Fire Storm and Pillar of Fire.

tl;dr don't research stuff early game that can't improve your combat potential, lots of noobs go for stuff like constr at the start and die to bless rush.
>>
>>174607839
Hello IVV Bogarus :^)
>>
>>174613089
Read the manual.
>>
>>174617726
Construction 2 is fine for Owl quills, if you can make them - and construction 3 sometimes for Legions of Steel.

Construction 4 is only a rush consideration if you have recruitable SCs that can immediately benefit from it. And even then you're better off grabbing conjuration (E-power), Alt (so many buffs), and sometimes ench (regen).
>>
>>174616486
>it's another newfag tries to blend in by posting dank memes post
>>
>>174617726
Is constr still a bad thing to rush for if you're a blood nation (i.e. if you need those sanguine dowsing rods)?
>>
How exactly does one use spells like Fists of Iron? Cause I mean the mages would cast it only if it was scripted and even if you do script it it doesnt get cast because there is no one ever in range at the proper moment.

This game really needs a repeat spell cast kind of commandwith which you could repeat cast the same spell over and over.
>>
>>174620324
i t d e p e n d s

but generally, yes, you want to first have battlemagic. You can bloodhunt less efficiently without rods, but you can't bloodhunt at all without provinces, and many bloodnations need magic to hold them
>>
>>174620417
>How exactly does one use spells like Fists of Iron?
You don't. There are numerous spells that few people will ever use because they are objectively inferior to other spells.
>>
>>174620196
It really does depend anon, nations play so differently there really isn't much in the way of general advice that isn't obvious or written out plainly in already existing guides.

>>174620324
Typically you want an early game goal, a mid game goal, and a late game goal. Sanguine dowsing rods are important but first you have to get the rods, then make them, then start blood searching and researching blood for them to do anything. So they would ideally be a mid game goal after you've researched a little evocation or enchantment or whatever your nation can do early game since if you rush construction for an item with no combat potential all you'll get is bless rushed.

>>174620417
It's situational, like all the caster centered aoe spells. If the enemy has flying guys rushing towards your mages and is using the same tactics over and over again you can script a counter to it. Or you can put your guy behind a long line of really tough blockers and have him cast it from behind the troops. Count your squares and a lot of options opens up
>>
>>174620578
>It really does depend anon, nations play so differently there really isn't much in the way of general advice that isn't obvious or written out plainly in already existing guides.

But I am looking for a guide so general that thanks to it I could pick up and know how to play any nation, existing or not.

Basically things that an experienced person looks at and does.

To give an anology on what I mean:
Imagine a person that pretty much never cooked anything in his life and you give him a bunch of ingredients and tell him to cook. What he will have to do is look at a very specific recipe and follow it exactly without really understanding what he does and why.

Then imagine an expert chef that has cooked a thousand meals. Give HIM a bunch of ingredients and he will be able to cook anything he wants out of them. Because he understands how cooking works, how to use the tools he has and how to use the ingredients he has.

I want advice that will allow me to become the chef. I want to be able to look at any nation and build a pretender and make a strategy that will work.
>>
>>174620578
Anon, in plenty of other games "it depends", but in plenty of other games they manage to write guides dealing with how you should make decisions. If they can do it, why can't Dominions?
>or written out plainly in already existing guides.
Most already existing guides are shit.
>>
>>174622586
we too lazy to type out 400+ pages of a guide
>>
>>174620578
>if you rush construction for an item with no combat potential all you'll get is bless rushed.
But anon, what if YOU are the bless rush?
>>
>>174621637
>>174622586
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Beginner%27s_Guide

wowee. you can also ask for lets play recommendations, theres a few good players out there that have done them and talk extensively about what they do.

>>174622809
more like its already been done on the wiki and on the forums and people arent going to bother doing it again for somebody too lazy to google "dominions 4 beginner guide".
>>
>>174623000
>theres a few good players out there that have done them and talk extensively about what they do.
There's like one and he's done one series.
>>
>>174623204
Who?
>>
>>174623286
https://www.youtube.com/user/sy/videos
>>
>>174623796
Woops wrong Sy
https://www.youtube.com/user/Alcoway/videos
>>
>>174622586
Beecause dominions has a far greater number of meaningful possibilities. Nobody has energy or dedicaiton to cover all of them
>>
>>174623000
You know there's no reason not to give new advice. It's not like you're going to have the exact same view as any other person.
>>174624314
It has a lot of possibilities, but not an unmanageable amount. Diplomacy has far more possibilities than probably any other game, seeing as all its strategy comes from people, yet there's tonnes of generic "how to think" guides.
>>
>>174623286
um...sorry sweetie, he's my husbando, not yours.
>>
No one answered my question. Is there a way to make Dom 4 viable? Dominion score is the easiest thing to increase in game, and I think I want to take the risk of getting Dom killed early over decreasing my income by percent over an entire game or reducing my RP by 1 on every mage forever.
>>
>>174625002
it depends.

on the nation youre playing. i can see it working for ulm since they have priests very good at pushing away enemy dominion. it also depends on how close to another person you start, on more crowded maps you run a greater risk of being domkilled
>>
>>174624686
Taking into account only nation as a diference.(Not pretender chassis, bless, paths or scales[Also not overall strategy of player])
You can also assume you are making a guide on how to beat another nation as x nation, not as a guide of how to defend/attack as x nation the y nation.

Only in EA:
>Ulm vs acro
>ulm vs absya
>ulm vs ...
>27 seven more of these
Taking in account all the 30 nations it'd be 435 guides to make.
>>
>>174625624
Yeah but that's not even remotely what we're talking about.
>>
>>174625624
actually it'd be 870 because ulm vs abysia =/= abysia
>>174625779
but it is
>>
>>174625624
So what, you think anon's asking for 435 recipes?
>>
>>174625847
ulm vs abysia =/= abysia vs ulm*
>>
>>174625346
Unfortunately I can't say too much due to OpSec. Even discussing it might clue players in to look for Dom kill opportunities. It is a nation with priest mages across-the-board. Any general advice on maintaining candles would help, especially if someone is trying too Dom push. And some discussion on Dom spread mechanics would help as well.
>>
>>174625624
>>174625880

I am asking how to use the tools and the different ways to cook stuff rather than all the stuff that can be cooked from specific ingredients.
>>
>>174626037
Ah... Just play SP :^)
I once read all the guides I could, asked the thread and chat for sugestions and tips. Made a good pretender and guess what? Spawned next to giants who rushed me early game and vanquished me. Plans of mice and men I guess.
>turn 10
>senpai how to beat giants as marveni on turn 10
>u just use that thaum 9 spell a lot dude
>>
>>174626037
So are you looking for stuff like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJbGwwZwQYg
>>
>>174626037
Just play the fucking game anon. The knowledge is all out there, search for it on forums and discussions and here. Then go and use it in a game, and eventually you'll get the hang of it
>>
>>174559346
joined as bakemono
send halp
how to into?
just erfsnake all the way?
>>
>>174629730
You can have a decent sloth dump for extra points, growth is good to have because of your very good expensive old mages. You can either go with a bless and make sure you have the paths to summon a bunch of tengu as soon as possible since theyre flying sacred that are pretty solid, or you can expand with an awake and rely on your other summons and very good sorcerers to win. conjuration is a good late game bet either way because of dai-onis being summonable and even unblessed tengus being solid flying troops. youre a really weak nation no matter what but not the weakest
>>
>>174629007
>one important strategy with column
[TRIGGERED]
>>
Can someone explain this to me?

On the left you can see DebugSensei forging screen.

On the right you can see a Constr 8 pretender with all paths up to 4 forging screen.

On the left obviously debug mod and summod is enabled and on the right just summod is enabled.

Both are Early Game Ulm.

What are those items on the left that don't show on the right? There is stuff like Ring of Dwarven Gold that doesn't even show in the inspector.

Are they event related items or what?
>>
>>174629069
>The knowledge is all out there, search for it on forums and discussions and here
That's what he's doing you stupid nigger

Christ you're as bad as the "google is your friend" faggots.
>>
>>174631869
There are some unique items that come with certain pretender chassis' or heroes and can't be removed.

That ring I think is on the Eldest Dwarf?
>>
>>174631869
its exactly what >>174632121 said, some stuff comes with heroes or pretenders and isnt normally available otherwise.

>>174631932
But google is your friend anon.
>>
File: magic path boosting.png (637KB, 960x5257px) Image search: [Google]
magic path boosting.png
637KB, 960x5257px
I have no idea why no one has done this before but here is the magic path boosting guide from desura that is now dead. Maybe someone should add it to the pastebin or something. Not really sure how actual it is with the game changes though.
>>
>>174637587
Probably because it was also on moddb.
http://www.moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/dom4-magic-path-booster-guide-by-telos
>>
>>174637860
Well I guess the pastebin should be upgraded with THAT then.
>>
>>174637963
The pastebin needs a near total rework imo
>>
>>174638176
JUST

DO IT
>>
>>174638226
sorry, I'm too busy doing my turns
>>
Tsihsith Waiting for 2h file
Phuidh 2h file received
Caolbasagh 2h file received
Uganoon 2h file received
Lumbuor Waiting for 2h file
Gaeni 2h file received
Vancirony 2h file received

If someone else drops this game, I'm out too
>>
>>174638834
Well if two people drop this game, I'm out two.
>>
>>174639336
Well if three people drop this game, I'm out two.
>>
>>174639846
You're out three you numerically illiterate mongoose.
>>
>>174638834
I just forgot to do the turn sorry.
>>
How much is a gem worth in gold? Lets say I wanted to buy some gems early (turn 15ish), mid (turn 30ish), and late (turn 50+)?
>>
>>174641674
As much gold as you're willing to pay for it (or sell it for).
>>
>>174641674
It depends
>>
>>174607839
>>174617727
If you're actually rus, you have a TON of tools based on which mages you've been massing. Occultist skelecommunions, elementals of all flavors work great (you've got fire, earth, air), flaming/wind guided arrows, stellar cascade spam, matriced earthquake traps to nuke them pre-bless (hella expensive to set up, but worthwhile if you have a ton of squishy enemies), and plague if you already have vampire lords out

I'd say that a majority of Rus's standard tactics work. The only thing you're really missing is evo spam
>>
>>174644973
Speaking of this, I have always liked Bogarus lorewise. However I have never played them because they feel too rainbowish for me to figure out what to do with them.

I guess what you said sounds like a good advice.
Is there anything else I should know when playing Bogarus?
>>
Lumboor here. I'm a cock gobbling faggot
>>
>>174647685
Someone remind me what Lumboor has again and also why we have until 1 am on sunday to send in the turns.
>>
>>174646364
Bogarus is one favorite nations basically because of how rainbow they are. If they get Baba Yaga, they have EVERY path. They have so many different options available, it can actually be difficult to figure out what you want to research first and which mages you want to make. You can even do different tactics with the same research based on which mages you put into a communion and which you use as ancillary casters. It's awesome.
>>
>>174631932
The poster didn't do something sensible likw read up on different nation guides and try to figure out the common threads and how that matched up with his play experience. Or even post a few specific questions about things they weren't getting.

No, they literally came on here and posted "tell me everything about how to play Dominions". Did they really think someone was going to write a 10,000 word essay on every nuance of Dominions on an imageboard?
>>
>>174648731
Does it matter?
>>
>>174642824
>>174643786
Aight let me focus the question more then: How much would you sell a fire or earth gem for after the 40th turn if you had fire paths on your mages in the middle age?

I'm assuming earth is really useful, but it looks like fire is a lower-value path.

I'm trying some innovative alchemy gem-trading strategy
>>
>>174649104
a) Fire CAN be directly alchemized for magic, so obviously you want to ask for more than that
b) Fire->lightless lamps->lots of RP with no upkeep cost (aside from horror marks, I guess, but those don't really count)
>>
>>174648107
40g s1 and maverni tier troops
also because I lumboor are the admin
>>
>>174648805
Does anything here? We're posting about a video game, if "mattering" was a criteria nothing would get posted about at all
>>
>>174649836
The fuck are you talking about? If this game is something you enjoy, then it matters more than most things.
>>
>>174625002
You're not realistically going to boost very high from 4 anyway though. Depending on the map, even two extra points of domstrength might be a lot to get from temples, and only on an absolutely memetastic map will you get all the way up to Dom10 if you start from 4. Considering that on a scales build, you're going to want your dominion to spread sooner rather than later, it's really not worth it.
>>
>>174649240
Yeah, I was thinking about offering other players the opportunity to trade gems for gold, but it's pretty hard to justify alchemizing for gold when you can just make lightless lanterns all day long.......

Also, does anyone know if Alchemist's Stone stacks with inbuilt alchemy bonus?
>>
Domg, what do you do when a game isn't fun for 90% of the players but the guy supposedly having fun won't be able to win for at least 40 more turns?
>>
>>174651780
Go AI if you're not having fun. Life's too short to spend it doing things you don't enjoy.
>>
File: 1417018860747.gif (191KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
1417018860747.gif
191KB, 300x150px
>>
So, can we just call this game for Ur? I think literally everyone has decided he should win the game after all, and I'd be willing to concede to him.

Will put it up to a vote if people are interested.
>>
>>174653410
t. malakal
>>
>>174608703
Easily, but it depends on the type of elf you're fighting. Destruction, Earth Meld, archers buffed with Flaming Arrows, Blade Wind, Tangle Vines are obvious solutions.
>>
How do I EA Ulm? What are some good innovative pretenders and strategies?
>>174654148
>that ulmite mind
>>
>>174653360
I might join but it is too late to figure out how right now. But if the game will still be up in some 12 hours Ill most likely join.
>>
>>174654268
Ulm has superior, stealthy, cheap troops and amazing magic diversity. Mages are a bit tricky to use, though, since their paths are usually low. I suggest either an awake expander (E6N2 boar, for instance) to snowball early and win the game fast with some low-research E magic (str of giants, legions of steel, EQ) or a booster forger (A4E4 titan, various rainbows) to actually make use of all the paths you have in mid/lategame.
>>
>>174654870
Not this guy, but I agree with what he's saying, and to add onto it Ulm is uniquely good at using a dormant titan because they can natively gear him up and want to have alt research for their early game battle magic, so they can field him as an SC pretty easily to push during a year 2 war
>>
>>174654406
No worries. The map has start locations for 12 land nations, I'll wait until we fill up before starting it.

By the way, there's still a lake for one more aquatic nation. I'll add one more slot if R'lyeh/Atlantis/Oceania/Pelagia signs up.
>>
What scales for MA ulm? Order 3 Temp (+/-)3 Drain 3, then what?
>>
>>174617726
>However along the way up to conj 5 you would have no combat magic to defend yourself against enemies.
Except for the lesser fire elemental at conj 3...
>>
What are good research goals for w9 heat ragha for year 2 wars against squishy human nations?
>>
>>174655901
Prod to expand comfortably (it's less of an issue later on, since your mages produce resources) and Growth because more gold = more mages and more troops. Some Luck is alright too, if you're running misf IRL and/or are worried about gemloss events because of Drain.
You may want to have Temp scales closer to neutral - your troops are already quite vulnerable to fatigue. Cold1 or Heat1 are fine (the latter is probably better because of Magma Eruption).
>>
>>174655901
need more resources for dem programs

>>174655376
pls no, Ys deserves all the water. They don't even have any heroes. They're not even in the manual.
>>
>>174656753
fuck you and your moustache bullshit ragha youre fucking dead
>>
>>174657192
???
>>
>>174657485
I think a guy joined an RP game as ragha with a pretender called mr mustache or some shit a few weeks ago.
>>
>>174654137
More like t. Arco, Atlantis, Abysia, Vanheim, Agartha (before he left) - at least.
>>
>>174657192
>>174657765
Ahh. You wanna tell me what he used to messed you up anon?
>>
>>174658041
Probably standard W9 gryphons.
>>
>>174658041
hes getting his shit kicked in because almost every other player in the game is attacking him for being That Guy
>>
>>174657765
thank fuck for the anti ragha squad
>>
File: THAT GUY in a serious group.png (303KB, 1146x319px) Image search: [Google]
THAT GUY in a serious group.png
303KB, 1146x319px
>>174658381
>>
>>174658163
>W9
>not 52 pts cheaper at dom7 F9
It's like you don't want the ultimate blenders to blend ultimately
>>
File: seriousautisticrpgame.png (73KB, 901x278px) Image search: [Google]
seriousautisticrpgame.png
73KB, 901x278px
>>174658551
>>
>>174658678
He sent a message begging me for help. I didn't respond.
>>
File: goddammit.png (703KB, 1807x526px) Image search: [Google]
goddammit.png
703KB, 1807x526px
Fuck's sake

We're the only two people left

I just want to end this game and get on with our lives so I can focus on more active RP games

Why the fuck would you go full tryhard
>>
>>174658573
if only i was brave enough for f9w9 :(
>>
File: Assassin Elves - Removed.png (1KB, 93x27px) Image search: [Google]
Assassin Elves - Removed.png
1KB, 93x27px
We did it, gang.
>>
File: seriousautisticrp2.png (151KB, 919x380px) Image search: [Google]
seriousautisticrp2.png
151KB, 919x380px
>>174658741
he sent me one other message as well, early on when i was more afraid of being gryphoned
>>
>>174658793
Is this fucking Autistic RP? Why havent you niggers killed me yet? I'm too lazy to set myself AI.
>>
>>174659014
I don't have eyes on him, how dead is he now?

I've had decent RP with my neighbors, at least.
>>
>>174658849
It leaves you with 35pts.
At heat3
>>
>>174659067
If you're Abysia, you died like last turn.

I've just been chilling and waiting for Hinnom to accept my marriage proposal so everything can be fuckin' sunshine and rainbows, but now he's casting every blood global and throne rushing.
>>
>>174659228
Why did it take so long for me to die anyway? Last I checked Hinnom was sitting on my cap with some SCs I wouldnt have been able to beat and I had like 2 candles left. Also I thought we were pretty much done, thats why I didnt do anything after I set the monkeys god on fire.
>>
>>174659187
but I like gold too much :(
>>
>>174659547
I have no idea. I just wanted a nice comfy RP game, and instead Hinnom's given me this to deal with.
>>
>>174659142
still pretty alive, he has all his fortresses still. the war just started like 4 turns ago. hes lost two armies though, but i know his pretender a bunch of sacreds are still roaming. i know at least one other nation is attacking him, i dont have eyes to see if others are as well.
>>
>>174587491

I took heat scales, actually. The cold is from an event.

Also I am ded.
>>
>>174595058

What made SCs so powerful in Dominions 3?
>>
Fucking bats, I really hope other people are having better luck fighting them. Or that anybody else is fighting them at all
>>
File: dom4 settings.jpg (82KB, 461x541px) Image search: [Google]
dom4 settings.jpg
82KB, 461x541px
Would these settings to be too memey? The idea is to make the early and mid game longer.
>>
>>174624686

Where do I learn how to think?
>>
>>174664848
Why starting with 5 provinces if you want to make the early game longer?
>>
>>174664767
All your provinces raided in a single turn by bats?
>>
>>174664069
unfortunate
>>
>>174665464
Not all, but a lot. I can take back a couple every turn and have plenty of money but im really resource blocked and he can just swoop around and take more. my commanders that were sieging his castle got assassinated and so thats fallen apart, I haven't seen anybody but mictlan attack him on a serious offense but im hoping its just my lack of scouts.
>>
>>174665397

Because the money and resources are halved.
>>
>>174665883
Berytos and Lanka threw a few groups his way, despite Berytos having his cap under siege by ghosts.

Blame those sneaky elves.
>>
>>174666086
Fuck spooky ghosts for rushing Berytos instead of removing bats
>>
>>174666730
To be fair, they're both pretty high on the removal list. So's Mictlan, and then Lanka right after them. So much blood...
>>
>>174666086
I knew Lanka attacked some, but i had eyes on his fortresses and unless it happened really recently i think im the only person to even attempt shutting one of them down

>>174666852
nothing should be higher than bats since theyre consistently one of the biggest threats
>>
>>174667006
I'm not saying bery's higher. Just that it's high
>>
Vanarus or Pythium?
>>
>>174668179
one of those is a lot better than the other, but just pick the one that sounds more fun
>>
>>174668386

Is Pythium better? I'm a little more familiar with Pythium but haven't played much of either.
>>
File: m72xbqPedk1rnnzfro1_250.jpg (17KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
m72xbqPedk1rnnzfro1_250.jpg
17KB, 250x314px
>>174653360
Joined as Asphodel.

Marignon anon get the fuck in here.
>>
>>174669290
I already joined as Ys, but with asphodel and scelaria in i might be changing. Hopefully there will be an ermor too, then I could even use the summod thing for converting deadlands
>>
>>174669290
Ulm here, don't put temples on my border and you get a discount.
>>
>>174664545
I've never actually played dom3, just repeating some differences I've heard about from people who did.

Resistances were better. They gave % reduction rather than flat and you could get 100% (immunity) fairly easily.

Afflictions didn't exist, so SCs didn't lose slots and slowly become useless over time (and also didn't have that annoying chance to suddenly lose their vine shield mid-fight).

Luck was way better (50% chance to ignore each instance of damage), which gave them an amazing extra layer of defense.

Gem-gen items let you get a ton of resources to summon and gear them with. Gems are relatively more scarce in lategame now.

>>174664848
I'd expect blessrushing to be a major issue with very difficult research and with that lack of money.

Nations with strong sacreds could likely attack and siege people before they even get a single research goal done.

>>174668179
>>174668593
I'd say Vanarus is a lot better.

If Pythium looks cooler to you, you should play them. You're unlikely to win your first game against humans regardless of what nation you pick, and a new player may not be able to properly utilize the strengths which make a nation more powerful in the hands of an experienced player.
>>
>>174674175
Afflictions existed, but for various reasons, they were less common.

One additional thing you've missed is that crits are now more common. In dom 3, they wouldn't happen without substantial fatigue; this has been changed so that they happen more often. Additionally, weapon damage types effectively increased damage from physical sources.
>>
>>174674175
Without summod, vanarus is somewhat but not overwhelming better. With summod, they're about even, possibly minor edge to vanarus,
>>
>>174675650
Thanks for the corrections, I suspected I'd get some stuff wrong.

What made afflictions more common in dom4?

>>174675734
Vanarus has amazing troops, a lot more magical diversity, and blood magic.

Pythium has angel summons and massed S1.

I think Vanarus has by far the better toolkit, at least in vanilla. I'm not sure what changes summod makes, since I don't think I've played as or against either nation with it active.
>>
Anyone in IVV around?
>>
File: 1457825560789.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1457825560789.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
Prophets & pretenders should have recuperation by default, while having the actual recuperation trait should just further increase chance of removing affliction per turn.
>>
>>174676723
Erfsnek that has a chance of removing afflictions every combat round? <3
>>
>>174676381
The main issues are that 1.) Pythiums troops are actually very solid. They don't take buffs well, but they're incredible expanders and blockers at the price. Vanarus's troops are better, but it's not all one way.
;
and 2.) Pythiums mages are waaaaay more focused. Magic diversity is nice, but vanarus's comes at a cost, and that cost is that many of your mages are not easily deployable for whatever plan you choose. Pythium has the opposite problem.

summod doesn't buff bogarus and meaningfully improves angel summons.
>>
>>174676381
Not entirely sure, but anyone who has played both has noticed the difference. I think its the way crits and limb hits work.
>>
>>174677709
>1.) Pythiums troops are actually very solid. They don't take buffs well, but they're incredible expanders and blockers at the price. Vanarus's troops are better, but it's not all one way.
Your shitty chaff being slightly less terrible isn't much of an asset compared to troops which remain among the best throughout the game.

They're not even amazing blockers - when I tested chuds tore through equal gold of them in short order (100 legionares vs 40 chuds took 6 turns to rout).

>2.) Pythiums mages are waaaaay more focused. Magic diversity is nice, but vanarus's comes at a cost, and that cost is that many of your mages are not easily deployable for whatever plan you choose. Pythium has the opposite problem.
Unless you're not planning to use anything but Pythium's S1 mages (which is far worse diversity than I was considering), I'm not sure how you can say that.

215 gold is extremely expensive for just about anything you can do with a A1W1S2 mage, even if you shove him in a communion (which incurs even more costs).

Vanarus' mages pay extra for diversity, but so do most of Pythium's. At least most of Vanarus' mages can be useful without a communion backing them up.
>>
>>174677709
>many of your mages are not easily deployable for whatever plan you choose
Less than a quarter
>>
>>174676723
>tfw no superpancakes for breakfast
Why live.
>>
>>174682605
They're pretty easy to make if you have a rice cooker
>>
>>174682750
Is there a way to do them without it? A giant pan for example?
>>
>>174680429
It's around 1/2 tbf, if you're at the skill level where you can do nothing but mindlessly T-strike your enemy.

My only grief with Vanarus' mages is the sages being mm1 being seriously obnoxious from time to time.
>>
>>174653360
Joined as Pangea.
>>
While clearing out my old laptop, I found an AAR I wrote 2 years ago. I'm going to post it again.
>>
File: army.png (80KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
army.png
80KB, 1024x575px
>>174691660

DOMGNOOBDISCIPLESNOGRAPHS is over. This is a game summary/AAR from my (Marveni's) perspective. I didn't take any notes during the game, so this is all in retrospect. Victory was by Thrones of Ascension - 12 points out of 22 present on the map.

==Teams==
Fomoria/Marverni - 3 order, 3 productivity, 3 growth, 3 luck, 1 magic, dom 8
Xibalba/Agartha - minor earth bless, minor scales, dormant pretender
Ermor/Beytros - minor earth bless, good scales, imprisoned (?) pretender
Lanka/Mictlan - W9B9 bless, poor scales
Niefelheim/Atlantis - unknown

==Timeline==
(dates are approximate)
T01 - Beginning of the Ascension Wars
T06 - Atlantis begins skirmishing with Mictlan
T12 - Fomoria/Marverni declare war on Xibalba/Agartha
T18 - Xibalba loses its only expansion fort to Fomoria
T20 - Xibalba loses its capital, and is defeated.
T25 - Beytros/Ermor launch a surprise attack on Fomoria/Marverni
T33 - Atlantis loses its main army to Mictlan and stales for a turn
T35 - Beytros loses his earthsnake to an unwise solo attack on a large Marverni army
T36 - Agartha loses his earthsnake to massed mind hunts
T40 - Agartha is domkilled
T42 - Atantis, having his only fort sieged and with no forces remaining, goes AI.
T47 - Beytros loses a fort to Marverni
T49 - Overcompensation, God of Fomoria, ascends.

==Wars==
=Fomoria/Marverni vs Xibalba/Agartha=
(turn 12 - 40)
We made the decision to attack Xibalba/Agartha at around turn 10 - our expansion had gone quite well, and both our nation's borders touched the enemy (Fomoria bordered Xibalba, while Marverni bordered both of them). They seemed to have expanded fairly well themselves, but the many scouts we had in their territory (courtesy of 3 indie scout provinces close to our capitals) indicated that most of their provinces did not have PD.
>>
File: dominion.png (55KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
dominion.png
55KB, 1024x575px
>>174691750

We had previously agreed a non-agression pact with them, and opinions within the team differed on whether to honor that. Fomoria thought that we should simply launch a surprise attack, better to exploit their weak PD (he has played a lot of Solius Infernum so treachery comes naturally to him), while I wanted to give a turn's notice. In the end, I won out, and despite the warning we gave, the opening turn of the conflict captured 8-10 of their provinces, for the loss of 2 scouts.

The war after this proceeded rather chaotically. The initial plan was for Fomoria to take Xibalba while Marverni took Agartha, but early loses on the Xibalban front prompted the redirection of all of my armies down towards Xibalba instead. His fliers gave us some trouble as raiders, and ultimately we took him down by putting two very large armies on his two forts - forcing him to react to us, rather than the other way around. He was unable to break massed giants/heavy infantry and was knocked out soon after.

Agartha performed poorly during the opening stages of the war, being mostly outmanuvered, not launching any raids, and generally not really contributing anything until after his team mate had died. In the later stages, he became a real thorn in our side.

Agartha retreated to his capital and started mass-summoning Magma Children, using gems from Xibalba's death basket and possibly also getting gifts from other nations. We had no confidence that our early game, magicless armies would be able to crack this, so we decided to attempt a domkill instead. This was a bit of a mistake.
>>
File: research.png (73KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
research.png
73KB, 1024x575px
>>174691840

For the next 20 turns he would periodically break out and cause a bit of havoc right in the core of our territory - Fomoria attempted to attack him at around Turn 30, but his thunderstrikers were beaten back by Curse of Stones, Olms, and many Magma Children. Instead, we decided to continue with the domkill plan - priests and Stone Idols were dispatched, temples were built, and many blood slaves were sacrificed. Through all this he would ocassionally launch raids with little armies or his Earthsnake, forcing us to divert our resources from other fronts. If only he had not been allergic to PD (he never bought any PD in any provinces he raided) and coordinated better with our other enemies, and had been a bit more aggressive in his attacks, he would have caused us real problems. As it was however, we were able to keep him bottled up with a Fomorian army and a few independent commanders on proviince-flipping duty.

Eventually he left his earthsnake exposed, and I put 5 mind hunts on it. A few turns later, the domkill finally took effect.

=Mictlan/Lanka vs Niefelheim/Atlantis=
(Turn 5 - end)

This war started during the early expansion phase - Atlantis was fighting for space with Mictlan. The whole war was rather strange from my perspective - Niefelheim was no where near the action, while Lanka and Mictlan both bordered Atlantis. Despite this, the war seemed to drag on much longer than it should.

Atantis made no use of his stronger strategic position, and instead massed a large army on land. Mictlan responded by massing a large army opposite him. They stared at each other and slowly built up forces for many turns, fought one big battle that resulted in the utter destruction of Atlantis, and that was mostly it. Mictlan waited 10 more turns and then sent a bunch of blood summons into the water to finish the fight, while also sending surface armies on the long journey to attack Niefelheim in his homeland.
>>
File: gold.png (78KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
gold.png
78KB, 1024x575px
>>174691921

Niefelheim seems to have expanded well in the early game, but never successfully made the transition to mid-game armies and strategy - his armies only ever had one commander, usually an eccentrically geared Niefel Jarl.

Our scouting was a little thin for this war, as we had no intel underwater and both Mictlan and Lanka were patrolling heavily. I thought it took much longer to finish than it should have, though - As far as I could tell, Lanka made no contribution to the war at all. He seems to have spent 49 turns sitting in his territory, reanimating undead, researching, and doing nothing much. If he had sent his hordes of undead on underwater raiding missions the war would have finished promptly - by the end of the game, Niefelheim and Atlantis had not built any forts.

=Fomoria/Marverni vs Ermor/Beytros=
(Turn 20 - end)

The war opened with a surprise attack by Ermor and Beytros towards the territory we had newly conquered from Xibalba. The Xibalban territory was poorly fortified and lightly defended, and so they made early gains, taking ~8 provinces and threatening to link up with the Agarthans, which would have caused much disruption throughout our territory. We knew the attack was coming, but it came sooner than we hoped - another 5 turns would have seen us much more secure in our new territory, and the Agarthans defeated. Instead, we turned our attentions towards the new threat.

Beytros was using Sabbath communions with Brides-in-Waiting to access Fire Arrows and other battlefield magic. His armies consisted of many archers with some heavy infantry components. He also had a cloud trapezing Earth Snake setup to use Earthquake, and labratories in most of his provinces giving the snake excellent mobility on the defensive. Ermor had large conventional armies that lacked mage support in the opening stages of the war. He also had 20-30 PD in every province. This made trouble for our raiders but implied inefficient use of resources on his part.
>>
File: gems.png (54KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
gems.png
54KB, 1024x575px
>>174692007

In addition to the area around the old Xibalban territories, Beytros and myself also shared a border defined by a long river, across which our capitals were only 4 provinces apart. Beytros made a rather big strategic error by neglecting to defend this border, and so I sent across the river a vast horde of starving Marverni heavy infantry, backed up by a mage contigent based around Light of the Northern Star and Stellar Cascades. There was also a large number of sacred Boars, but these proved uneffective without a bless.

My forces crossed the river and met no resistance. Rather than sieging the first fort they came to, the army split 4 ways, and within a few turns had most of Beytros's territory captured, and all his forts under siege. I did not expect to hold my gains, as my armies were threatened by the earth snake and some new armies Beytros assembled. However, the greater tactical flexibility granted by large, simple blocks of heavy infantry shut down his recruitment for around 6 turns and resulted in the bulk of the war being fought in his territory. My attacking army was eventually chased down and defeated, but by this point the war on the Xibalban front was over, and fresh armies were in position to attack.

One amusing thing about the war was that my armies lost almost every real battle they got into - I kept messing up my scripting so that my mages did nothing, and massed fire arrows would easily wipe out my conventional forces. It reminds me a little of the Hundred Years War - Beytros won many Agincorts and Crecys, but was ultimately out-manuvered strategically (or maybe just drowned in bodies).
>>
>>174682605
Just make a waffles anon. They can be as good as giant pancakes, but it depends
>>
File: forts.png (50KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
forts.png
50KB, 1024x575px
>>174692087

Beytros's Earth Snake proved a particular challenge. It only moved around using Cloud Trapeze, and as Beytros had labs everywhere it would appear, disrupt one of my armies, then trapeze off before I could prepare a response. It ambushed one of my armies in a cave province, they had around 20 mages and 150 infantry. 2 Earthquakes killed the entire army. I think this success made Beytros cocky - a few turns later, it solo attacked my main army (30 mages, 300 infantry). This army was scripted to counter it - all the mages cast Luck or Ironskin on themselves, then spammed Paralyze. As the attack came in a plains province rather than a cave, the earthquakes were less disruptive to my basic infantry, and eventually the snake was paralyzed and killed.

On the Xibalban front, Ermor's large army was stalled for many turns sieging Xibalba's old capital fort there. I had put 100 slingers inside of it, so the siege progressed slowly. In my opinion he would have been better served raiding over the fort to damage our income and increase his own. He was forced out by a thunderstriking army from Fomoria 8 turns after the initiall attack. It was on this front that massed mind hunts first entered the war - 6 of them hit Beytros's army and so blocked Fire Arrows from going up, resulting in an easy win by Fomoria's thunder strikers.

After a fluid 10 turns of warfare, things eventually entered a stalemate. Ermor/Beytros had been kicked out of the Xibalban territory, but my armies in Beytros had also been destroyed. Everywhere was dense in soldiers my forces had proved unable to defeat Beytros in the field, and Fomoria's forces were distant and with long supply lines. There was no room for any further raiding.

We were not confident that we could win this war in any reasonable time, and we were worried about being attacked by other powers. Instead, we decided to go for thrones and try to win the game.
>>
File: provinces.png (60KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
provinces.png
60KB, 1024x575px
>>174692171

==Thrones==

12 ascension points were needed to win, and there were 22 on the map. This implied that it wasn't necessary to beat everyone to win the game. By turn 40 we held 6 points. some astral windows indictated that there were 2 3 point thrones held by indies just outside our borders. It was very useful to find out that Astral Window can be used to reveal discovered magic sites in a province.

We conquered the 2 3 point throne provices, and claimed them on turn 48 - Fomoria's God, a Monolith, teleported, while my Solar Eagle flew. It would have been nice to have access to H3 priests.

==Opponent Evaluations==

=Xibalba=
We didn't see much of Xibalba as he went out quite early. His fliers gave Fomoria a real headache - they're good raiders and are hard to catch. However, he left many of his provinces with 0PD, and usually did not put PD in provinces he just conquered from us, which meant that his raiders did not have as much effect as they should have.

=Agartha=
Agartha scripted his armies well, but needed to be much more aggressive with them - they mostly just hovered around his capital. If he had launched a nice big attack early on, we would have not been able to concentrate all our forces on Xibalba like we did. He also made the same mistake as Xibalba - most of his provinces had 0 PD, and he did not put PD into the provinces he conquered.

=Beytros=
Beytros had really good battle scripting. I was unable to beat it on the field - I countered by just trying to avoid ever having any massive army vs army battles without first tipping the scales with a bunch of mind hunts or something. I think he should have given more thought to his initial attack plan, as it felt like my big raid into his territory took him by surprise. I also think he should have been more aggressive with raiding, as most of the war was fought in his territory. His sailors would have been very effective here.
>>
>>174692260

=Ermor=
Ermor bought too much PD. All his core provinces had 20-30 PD, and provinces he conquered would often be given 20/30 PD straight away, even if it was a near-certainty that the province would be reconquered the turn after. This is a quick way to waste 450 gold. His scripting started weak, but got strong after a couple of miss-steps. He used big communions of Flamens to throw out lots of fireballs and Fire Arrows and stuff. I think he could have tweaked the ratio of slaves/masters in his communions a bit.

=Niefelheim=
Niefelheim did quite well in early expansion, but never succesfully got the hang of the mid game. He did not build any forts, and so his armies were very short on mages. He should build more forts, and also recruit indie commanders to lead armies. I like to have lots of indie commanders with my armies to give me the flexibilty to divide them if needed, and to be more resistant to remote attacks.

=Atlantis=
Atlantis did not make enough use of the water - raiding is very important in dominions, and water nations get to raid with impunity which is great. He should have built more forts and not given Mictlan the chance to engage him on land with those scary blessed Jaguars.

=Mictlan=
I didn't see much of Mictlan. He seemed to do pretty well. I'd usually urge him to raid more, but raiding water nations is kind of tough. He had lots of cool unique blood summons, but they had 0/2 construction gear on them, which is a bit of a waste in my opinion.

=Lanka=
Lanka was not aggressive enough. He expanded well and how built a good blood economy, but he did not seem to do anything with it. As far as our scouts could see, He did not get involved in the war with Atlantis. His undead would have made really handy raiders here.
>>
>>174692308

Fomoria and I spent most of the game worrying about his impending attack. It seemed obvious it would come - he sat with a whole lot of forces on the border to large, rich, undefended regions of Fomoria and Marverni. We were engaged to a drawn-out war with 2 other powers and would have been quite vulnerable to an attack from a 3rd front, but without his intervention it was clear that we would eventually win. One of the 3 point thrones we needed to win was adjacent to his territory - we assumed that at the least, when we took that province an attack would come, but it didn't.

==Final Thoughts==

This is my first game of Dominions 4. Previously, I had played two games of Dominions 3, and the new disciples mechanic is really interesting. Also, turning score graphs off seemed to change things - we spent most of the game waiting for the whole world to unite against us, but it never happened. Was this due to limited scouting on their part? Or simply the usual trouble of organizing a grand coalition in a winner-takes-all multiplayer game? I'm interested to know how good everyone else's scout cover was - we were at almost 100% by turn 20, but then we had the advantage of 3 indie scout provinces and an Atavi province.
>>
>>174692386

Thoughts two years on: I think this is the game of Dominions I have enjoyed the most. Because such a big part of the game is about research and discovery, it's kind of more fun when everyone is a bit crap and has the flexibility to try out lots of stupid strategies and make lots of mistakes. Once everyone learns the meta it becomes comparatively boring.
>>
>>174692469
Games where everyone is at the same skill level are fun. Not so much when you have one shark in a pool full of salmon who steamrolls everyone
>>
File: 1479426802097.png (357KB, 336x505px) Image search: [Google]
1479426802097.png
357KB, 336x505px
>>
File: malakal.png (175KB, 1241x155px) Image search: [Google]
malakal.png
175KB, 1241x155px
ded
>>
>>174695791
>dsds3 the pic
>>
>>174699104
Speaking of dsds3 we should really roll back to 24h turns
>>
>>174693491
If that's the Magus he can have my 'ass'istance any day
>>
Haven't touched the game since the days of k8 (i.e. 2 years). How did the meta change?
>>
>>174701085
we use summod that nerfs bats and MA ermor and gives a tiny bit of help to some nations that were left in despair like EA Abysia.
>>
>>174701220
Is RoS unchanged?
>>
>>174701336
RoS costs 2 gems now, so A1E1+Boots can't first turn it anymore
>>
>>174701459
dem EA Ulm nerfs
good change tho
>>
>>174654870
>out stealthing elfs
kek
>>
Do jews need a buff? I feel like people think jews are OP because they were good in Dom3 but you can't reliably SC in Dom4.
>>
>>174702271
Ashdod needs their mages to have a linked 2?FES random as well as a 1?FES random, and its non-cap only D mages need to have FD or D2 only. Hinnom needs cheaper blood hunters, but aside from that they're okish. Gath I've never played so I have no opinion
>>
>>174702565
Hinnom is fucking trash in every respect.
>>
>>174702765
Their chariots are better elephants. And really, they want to be using demons and other blood summons as troops, and use their Ammi to buff them but with Kohens costing 240 gold they can't get a good blood economy going easily. I'd say bring Kohens down to 175 gold and suddenly Hinnom can compete with the other EA blood nations, or at least in the early game
>>
Since when are Knights of the Chalice recruit everywhere in summod? MA Marignon is bonkers good now.
>>
>>174658982
fucking already ?
>>
>>174703625
They still have no magic diversity and fire magic is shit.
>>
>>174703254
There's also the whole 'blood hunters that eat their population' thing, and a sacred whose cost makes them unusable, because it also caused unrest and eats pop, while not being even close to good enough to justify it.
>>
>>174702109
An ulmish stealthy raiding party costs less than an elven stealthy raiding party. That means that for the same gold, they can take more provinces.
>>
>>174704609
The popkill from bloodhunters is outweighed by the popkill that patrolling away unrest makes. It's there, but 80 pop a turn isn't that bad if you're constantly at war with people and taking their land. The sacreds, yeah, they suck, but Se'ir are better sacreds anyway. Both problems are solved or mitigated substantially by lowering Kohen gcosts
>>
>>174703625
They're really not. Knights of the Chalice still aren't that good and they're stupid expensive, and almost all your mages are old. Fire magic is also not that great, and you have no real diversity.
>>
>>174703625
They're rec everywhere in vanilla
>>
>>174703625
>incredibly expensive, both resource cost and gold sacreds with a meh statline. Even with a W9 bless they suck because you can't mass them.

No, Mari in Summod has better strats than mass KotC. Tribless flags that you pillage your own provinces to freespawn are far better because you can mass them. Hell, B9 monobless flags are better than any bless on KotC because you get 2 squares filled with them for the same cost as a KotC and with enough you shutdown evo, and that's WITHOUT the freespawn ones.

Mari is still shit with this build, however, because their mages are still old as fuck and have crap paths.
>>
>>174705321
Why not both flags and and knights and a bless that benefits both?
>>
>>174705623
well for flags you take an imprisoned Baphomet with no scales to get F9S9B9. The No Scales bit kinda stops you from getting KotC in any large amount. KotC want W9 or N9Ex and scales. W9 doesn't really help flags, and N9Ex certainly doesn't.
>>
>>174705623
Because knights are stupid expensive and b9 flagellants will do just fine on their as blockers for your mages which is really all that matters. All the points you would spend on a second major bless could go towards some path diversity for your pretender and growth scales so your old ass mages dont die. Marignon also has a retarded mechanic in summod of taking Ermor deadlands, which deadlands are dumb on their own, and converting them into astral pear sites which just further makes them the go kill ermor guys with no potential outside of that
>>
>>174705829
>which deadlands are dumb on their own, and converting them into astral pear sites which just further makes them the go kill ermor guys with no potential outside of that
Deadlands are one of the better summod changes, dude
>>
>>174699104
>tfw you died early in dsds3
>>
>>174705829
>your mages which is really all that matters

The mages are crap though. Blocker + mages Marigon will peter out mid/late game due to crap magic. Not to mention B9 makes fire magic weaker as your evoc mages will also die to bv.

I think Marignon basically has to blessrush. Big bless lets you blob earlygame, grab a lot of indie provinces and use indie mages to diversify your midgame magic.

> deadlands are dumb on their own
t. burrhurt vanilla ermor shitter
>>
>>174703625
KoTC are rec-everywhere in vanilla.

The bigger changes for marignon is more flaggies and the battlefield fire-casting buff.
>>
>>174699547
Why? It's starting to get hard moving all my units around within 24 hours.
>>
>>174706715
just lose a few of them :)
>>
>>174706856
Alright meet me at my capital ;^) I'm TNN by the way.
>>
File: C9OmOIzV0AA4zLp.jpg (493KB, 744x656px) Image search: [Google]
C9OmOIzV0AA4zLp.jpg
493KB, 744x656px
>>174707085
>elves
>>
Lumboor here.
Sorry guys I'm going to have to go AI
:^)
>>
>>174621637
Here anon, this was a helpful way for me to start thinking about Dominions: http://www.moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/primer-nation-evaluation
>>
I like W9D9 on summod Mari. Every bless is suboptimal across your four sacred chassis, mages and thugs and knights and flags. But WD helps knights be killy and helps mages and flags survive. Plus it breaks you deep into two off paths, but you might have trouble getting the gems you need.
>>
>>174707085
t. malakal
>>
Looking for a sub in a Lucids steam game
late game tri-bless nazca
Any candidate?
>>
>>174712234
What tribless? How large are you? What's your upkeep? How many Royals? How many Coyas and Hurins? How many forts? What's your income, both gold and gem?
>>
>>174653410
I would love to be declared the winner without having to fight for or take thrones in order to win. I don't think that is a thing that is going to happen though. People might like me but not THAT much.
>>
>>174653410
Nope.
>>
>>174712685
WBN with a splash of AE, so teleporting oracle of doom.
map is valanis and I have 45 provs, 1 capital, reduced vanheim to just his cap and his forted throne, he called in agartha that managed to get one of my forted thrones and is now sitting on it with hundreds of sentinels casting astral tempest, moreso, agartha is invading by the sea, I just cast sea of ice, lets see how much it is going to stay up
income is 2800 upkeep is 2589
16 RM in cap
about 5 roaming Inca, no Coya, just hurins
7 forts
gem income: F9 A17 W5 E16 S13 D17 N16 B3

Diplomacy: Only 3 nations left, me, Ulm that just swallowed my sceleria neighbour with easy (tarts + elemental royalty) and Agartha that is using lots of mindless lifeless summons and crystal mages. At the moment at peace with Ulm, but shouldnt have let them grow unchecked, I was busy with vanheim/agartha
I now have 5 points out of 9 to win, Agartha has 4, Pelagia2, Ulm 2, Vanheim 1
Thrones: 1lvl3 2lvl2 8lvl1
Van is holding his throne with 2 RoS dwarves, Agartha stole one from me lvl1 a couple turns ago, there is a lvl1 in sceleria lands close to my lands.
It is not the best, but it is a winnable situation
>>
>>174714432
Hello Helheim
>>
>>174653410
If you pay me the price that he paid you to leave your throne undefended, I'll stop attacking you.
>>
>>174714626
w9e2a1b9s9 is the god, I misstyped
also lots of boosters and gems to use and those a1n1 heretics
>>
>>174714679
That sounds like the sort of agreement that lasts all of 0 turns.

I already got suckered into something like that before, not exactly interested in doing it again to a much greater extent. Besides, I still have a fair(ish) amount of lands I need to reconquer.
>>
>>174714679
I Have never paid anyone to leave their thrones undefended. On a related question, is that a thing I can do? Like, can someone give me some throne prices? That would be baller. I might be able to win if I could just buy a few and not have Atlantis out-bid me on them.
>>
>>174715486
I seem to recall an addition of water bottles to my inventory, but I might be mistaken, given how I always need more to protect vs the constant assassination spam.

And Atlantis isn't trying to outbid you, he wants to be *paid*. That's the opposite of being outbid.
>>
>>174715604
The only person that has gotten a lot of water gems and/or water gem items from me is Pelagia in exchange for Nature gems. And Therados once, and Agartha once. And Niefelheim once, and Oceania once, and Vanheim once. Not all for nature gems though. How many water bottles did you say a throne cost? And which nation would you happen to be again?
>>
What do you usually put on For You lords beside Brands and Vine Shields?
>>
>>174716167
Flying boots
>>
>>174651780
try to play in smaller maps, with few thrones to take.
>>
>>174716167
it depends on what they have to take down, possibly nothing, but flying boots in one way to avoid *some* counter-thugs as well as letting you have fun in choosing what province hit next.Oh and it also allows you to use them in and out of armies really fast.
>>
>>174715604

>Atlantis isn't trying to outbid you, he wants to be *paid*
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>174720009
I assumed this >>174714679 was you. It made no sense for it to be Arco after all, since Arco already gifted his own throne to Ur.
>>
just
just do your turns please
>>
>>174723103
listen to this anon, he is wise beyond his hours
>>
>>174723103

>open turn
>look at all the fights going on
>start getting sweaty and dizzy
>close turn

Sorry, I can't.
>>
>>174722501
>Arco already gifted his own throne to Ur
What are you talking about?

We're late enough in the game that literally everyone has sufficient scout networks to know this isn't the case.
>>
>>174702271
>>174702765
I've played Hinnom in a private MP game and they were absolute shit. Maybe not worse than Therodos (I haven't played them) but definitely worse than the other land nations. You pay way too much for blood hunters, and as a bonus your blood hunters kill a fair bit of population. Your sacred giants kill 20 pop and generate 2 unrest EACH, your mages all pay like 30 gold for being giants and despite your theoretically decent magic spread you have NO crosspaths to do anything any other nation with e.g. ES or EA or FE can do. You get a pretty good summon in the Se'ir, but your blood econ is shit. And your only other blood summon is Blood 9 so you're fucked long before you get them. It's incredibly irritating how you have to pay through the nose for shitty non-crosspathed mages, and meanwhile you're about as predictable as Abysia cause obviously you're just gonna be thugging your cap-only guys.
>>
Is there interest for a noob-low medium EA summod game?
>>
>>174727318
Trying to pad out your win rate even more eh malakal?
>>
>>174727318
Well, I'd like to join a noob game. Are there any others currently recruiting btw?
>>
>>174727660
>Are there any others currently recruiting btw?
KEKED
>>
>>174725515
Clearly not, or you would. The throne adjacent to Arco's cap ring - and 7 provinces away - is owned by Ur.

If you're not going to refer to that as Arco gifting a throne to Ur, than I'm not going to consider handing the other European throne to Ur as selling it to him either.
>>
File: 20170422175820_1.jpg (270KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170422175820_1.jpg
270KB, 1366x768px
how dis for ea ulm
>>
File: 20170422140019_1.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170422140019_1.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
how this for MA ulm
serious questior
>>
>>174728345
I'm an authentic noob but with that low scales I would pick something else than productivity; resources are only useful in early game, what you really need eventually is just gold since each fort has its own resources
>>
>>174728550
Why awake? What can that effectively expand into?

If it can't expand, it shouldn't be awake - dormant is vastly better for rainbows.
>>
>>174727904
Arco has never had that throne. That's not gifting. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>174729469
That throne is well into Arco's domain of control. That's hardly 'making shit up'.

If Arco can't even defend the shit right next to his capital, he has 0 right to bitch about other people giving Ur thrones.
>>
I can start a Noob game up, but I'm no noob so I'd just be the admin. Is there any interest?
>>
>>174728345
EA ulm isnt as reliant on resources, so you can dump those production points for magic to help your research out a lot.

>>174728550
I'd recommend setting him to dormant and upping your s level to 5 or 6. itd unlock more items to forge and late game spells, as well as making you way less vulnerable to being mind hunted. s 2 is just a mind hunt target really. being dormant is best for rainbow because after 1 year you'll know your borders and have enough troops to protect your rather vulnerable pretender.
>>
>>174730230
>mind hunt

I really hope you mean magic duel. Mind hunting S2s is not my definition of 'fun'.
>>
>>174729796
You claimed arco gifted ur a throne. Arco has never had that throne, nor transferred it. The fact that arco could have done a better job at expansion doesn't mean that arco gave ur a throne. To claim otherwise is lying.

The fact that arco hasn't declared war on Ur to take territory that you think Arco should have claimed is not the same as inviting Ur to take your throne. It's a false equivalency.

Ur conquered that throne. Only one player has claimed to have deliberately given Ur a throne, and that player is Vanheim.
>>
File: hLdB8uO.png (296KB, 478x489px) Image search: [Google]
hLdB8uO.png
296KB, 478x489px
>>174730230
Is this better?
>>
>>174730964
Yeah, but why are you so set on a major bless for EA Ulm? If you must N9, take it on a monolith that can summon golems or on a tree for very, very cheap.
>>
>>174731173
Won't a major bless help my shamens?
>>
>>174730919
Arco's the one player I've seen actually confess to care about Ur's position, and his solution is do everything except fight Ur, even over the throne right next door. Insofar as I'm concerned, despite his claims, he's been throwing the game to Ur harder than me.

As an aside, Agartha also gifted Ur his throne, but that was more a dying gift to keep it out of the hands of the dudes actually killing him.
>>
>>174731265
That depends? Does one intend to thug the shamans?

I'll admit that might be quite . . . innovative. If you do I'd advise N9E4 though.
>>
>>174731265
Yeah, but then take E4, that's a much better mage bless. Your sacreds work best with W9 anyway, but it's not worth it to take a bless. Just go full scales with an awake expander that has E that you can pump up, or an imprisoned super caster and scales or a dormant rainbow. Of these options, go for the fucking expander, the others are fucking meh
>>
>>174731265
I'm not him, but that's not the question. Do you want a major bless? Yes? Then why not taking a monolith or tree? You'd get the same and even more
>>
>>174730919
Also, unlike Arco who didn't seem to get anything for effectively handing Ur their throne, Vanheim actually received items required to keep strategically important mages from dying from Earth Attacks from Atlantis.
>>
>>174730919
If I had a path to get to Vanheim, then I would totally accept that gifted throne. Far be it from me to look a gift horse in the mouth. However for that to happen I would need to either fight Arco, who has armies in the only direct path from me to Vanheim and will absolutely not be willing to give up Pan's capitol so why try, or beat Helheim AND take a province from Niefelheim to get there. Only other options would be taking out the Whole of Xibabla, or walking through literal thousands of ghosts in forts.

I would love to take the throne, but it doesn't seem feasible in the next ~20+ turns, which means it probably isn't going to happen.
>>
>>174731606
What is the usual non-innovative strat?
>>
File: yRGPHo7.png (293KB, 444x462px) Image search: [Google]
yRGPHo7.png
293KB, 444x462px
>>174731929
>>174731608
Awake expander?
>>
So each candle represents 10% of the pop in a prov that believes in your pretender yeah? So what happens if Ermor kills everything in its dominion? i.e. if it only has candles on 0 pop provinces, does Ermor peace out?
>>
>>174732163
Certainly not. Take a Thrice Horned Boar or an Earth Serpent with high E
>>
we did it boys
we got to the bump limit
now it's time to take the next step
we need to make a new thread
i believe in all of you
>>
>>174731929
It's more a meme on MA Ulm, who bad players sometimes thug out the Master Smiths.

Shamans are probably actually better due to having stealth.
>>
>>174732757
Time flies when you go off topic.
>>
>>174731861
>effectively handing Ur their throne
You keep repeating lies like this, and then wondering why nobody is willing to accept your diplo any more.

>>174731438
>arco is throwing the game by fighting ur instead of me.
You're not fighting Ur either, and at least Arco hasn't handed the leading player a throne.
>>
>>174732254
Undead worshipers I guess.
>>
>>174732887
why can't the fucking lazy shitheads make some gold then?
>>
>>174732956
Because they work for free I imagine.
>>
>>174732858
You keep saying that, except I'm not. I'm also not bordering Ur (unlike Arco), haven't already given a throne I could actually contest (unlike Arco), and haven't moved all my armies away from Ur to fight someone else (unlike Arco).

Keep in mind I didn't hand a throne to Ur, I had to give it to him in order to fight off Atlantis. I even told Atlantis I'd have to do so if they kept fighting, but I guess they figured I was bluffing?

Of course, I *only* gave the throne to him - no other provinces. It's on him to get there. Fortunately Arco is gonna make sure all our armies die killing each other so Ur can casually clean up.
>>
>>174733062
Wait wait so we're getting poorer because people are working for us for free?
>>
>>174734763
Taxation. You can't tax 0 income skele families.
>>
>>174734763
If they arent getting paid or buying anything they also arent paying taxes. There is no flow of money.
>>
>>174734994
Their still producing more than they spend, for free.

imo the only explanation is that they're not as efficient producers as living humans. Maybe they even don't produce at all - like zombies.
>>
>>174735106
Producing what? skeles don't need food or housing so all they do is stand around. They don't spend anything either (other than entropy). Income of the state is dependent on taxation, not production of good and services. You're misunderstanding the difference between accountables and cash flow.
>>
>>174735106
Well they are ten times worse at fixing castles.
>>
>>174735349
But just as good at breaking them.
>>
>>174735312
>Producing what?
Well, aren't some nations lore-wise using them as free, never-complaining and never-tired slaves?
>>
>>174736197
Yeah but those nations also have living people in them and it only seems to end up actually working out for agartha.
>>
>>174729215
It researches, getting you into good spells already by the end of the year. As MA Ulm probably you want either Conj5 (E Elementals) or Conj3 (Epower) -> Evocation (Iron Darts).

I'd get a Sage rather than a Dorf probably though if I went with that style.
Or if you insist on the Dwarf, there's a few adjustments. N1 is enough for Thistle Mace + Moonvine Bracelet + Thorn armor.
B2 is enough for Bloodstone and Thorn armor -> other B boosters as long as you equip the armor.
F1 is enough, make a Fire Skull that you pass to a F2 smith who can cast the F3 mage summon (forget the name now)
E4 isn't needed either, with Boots+Bloodstone+Elemental Staff you can forge and cast pretty much anything with E3 or even E2 (when you get E3 on rare smiths, can do Earthblood Well then).
W1 is enough to get Bracelet and robe.

You can't get to vampires with just D2. But not sure if thats a sensible goal anyway. Getting more S for a Ring of Sorcery would get you there though.

Dom4 can be enough when you have an awake. Not a no-brainer, but worth considering here.

I wouldn't want to do Ulm with only Prod1. Want to switch to Blacksteel asap.
>>
>>174736197
You're still missing the point. Here's a basic scenario. Population A has 100 people and population B has 1 mage + 99 skeletons. Pop A produces 100 apples and pop B produces 100 apples (as you mentioned they are slaves). Pop A eats/sells/buys apples producing a flow of cash within the population which the state could tax. Pop B has only 1 mage that does only so much as a single person.

While both populations produce the same number of goods (an approximation) only 1 population will be taxable. Skeletons are slaves and therefore have no demands and therefore no goods to tax (housing, trade, food, etc).

We can argue that the single mage will be taxed, but you forget that he is part of the state (your recruitable). They are negative net income due to the fact that you pay them a salary yearly (not the other way around). I guess this assumes that they don't have demands, but then again you micro manage their monthly lives so maybe they don't have demands?

tldr; skele produces no demand, no economy, no taxes.
>>
>>174737074
Somewhat Keynesian, but most functioning economic models function approximately the same way. Demand is king in economics. Unless there is some kinda backwards magic-communism going on I'd say this is a reasonable explanation of why skeles produce no income.
>>
>>174737074
I still disagree. Here's why.

First case scenario:
People produce 100 apples. They own these apples. They sell them to each other, and you tax them. Let's say each apple is 10 gp. Through taxations, you get 1 gp per apple sold. The rest is still owned by the people. You now have 100 gp.

Second case scenario:
Skeletons produce 100 apples. They can't own anything because they're mindless, so these apples are yours. You sell them to other countries. You don't get to tax anyone but you still sell these apples for 10 gp each. You now have 1000 gp.
>>
>>174737384
In ermor the apple trees would also die though.
>>
>>174737668
Valid counter argument for apples. But the problem still exists for artificial products, like craftmanship. Why don't you get rich from your skeletons mining for precious metals, constructing costly buildings for free, or making work a Fordist factory night and day?
>>
>>174737917
So Ermor should get 10x the income, but not be able to recruit indies, so they can use their gold exclusively for bribing other players to attack Ur?
>>
>>174738115
Yea, or for constructing buildings.

At least, that's what should happen lore-wise IF skeletons are able to work. If they're literal zombies that can only eat people and nothing else, then I said nothing. And also, I don't mean it should be the case gameplay-wise.
>>
>>174737917
>>174738319
Buildings would also take 10 times as long to make though since most undead are mindless shits. Also trade outside your own nation seems to be a rare occurrence.
>>
>>174738115
Also, they'd get extremely well equiped soldiers for no resource cost, since resource production would be virtually infinite through skeleton work
>>
>>174737384
I think income is already accounting for the trade with bordering nations/provinces etc. Otherwise the economic model is lacking export/import immigration/emigration. And unfortunately the treasury that "you" have control over does not account for goods produced within provinces because otherwise dom4 will turn into EU and you would micromanage every produce/good that is developed. Which drives me to the conclusion that the player is merely the head of the counsel only for war.

The responsibility of the treasury for goods is probably left to someone else (which explains why we can't control tax anymore).
>>
All this discussion at the end of the thread's life. Like tears in rain.
>>
>>174738645
>I think income is already accounting for the trade with bordering nations/provinces etc.
Doesn't change the argument at all. People own a part of what they produce. You can only tax a fraction of what they sell.

In contrast, skeletons don't own anything. You don't have to tax them because you own EVERYTHING they produce. Even if you don't tax anyone, you still own more as if you had through taxation a fraction of what people produce.
>>
>>174738940
It takes them ten times as long to produce anything and they are unsuited to anything that requires precision. Yeah sure you should build that castle for free but it should also take you 80 turns. They should be able to make weapons for free but they would probably be shit quality. You should be able to use them for mining but more than likely they would end up collapsing the mine on themselves through a combination of poor craftsmanship and lack of caution while working.
>>
>>174735106
Producing what?
Trading with who? What kind of idiot trades with Ermorians? Where's the cash coming from?
>>
>>174739385
>Producing what?
See >>174737917 and >>174738446

>Trading with who? What kind of idiot trades with Ermorians?
In the real world, people really don't care if the people they trade with are bad. Capitalism is like that, you only care about the money. Many people are trading with bad guys and don't care. Same goes with dominions, I don't see why Ermor wouldn't find greedy people to trade with.
>>
>>174739342
Yea, I agree with that. I only disagreed with the Keynesian logic. But skeletons being very inefficient at producing anything seems plausible considering the fact that they're mindless.
>>
>>174739750
"People they trade with are bad" is much easier to ignore when they're not mostly mindless skeletons.
>>
New one is up you niggers
>>174739867
>>
>>174739923
No, I don't think so. Someone wants to give you cheap goods and make you rich; if you're a true capitalist, that is to say a true trader, you accept without asking questions.
>>
>>174738940
Did you not read the rest of the post?
>>
>>174740049
Yes, I did. This post doesn't explain why taxations would get you more money than just owning everything from the begining. Taxations are always fractional, so they can't alone explain non-undead nations being richer.
>>
>>174739750
>>174740015
In dominions though you are at war with literally every other nations unless you are playing disciples or some shit.
>>
>>174740394
That's a cold war most of the time then. "Peace" exists in dominions, as well as trade (at least in the form of gems) and declaration of war (AIs send you a message before breaking peace).
>>
Ermor is one thing, but utilising skeleton economy should at least make Sceleria the richest nation by far.
>>
>>174740328
Because undead dont really make anything and when they do it takes them forever and is of low quality or is made out of magic.
>>
>>174740612
I already accepted this argument several times. I only criticized the taxation argument.
>>
>>174740608
It did didnt it? They all got so rich and lazy that they tried to get undead to do everything and accidentally killed themselves by opening a gate to the underworld.
Thread posts: 801
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.