[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 758
Thread images: 130

File: o8dhxtkS0j1u8lz60o1.gif (635KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
o8dhxtkS0j1u8lz60o1.gif
635KB, 1280x1280px
Last thread: >>173278779

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
File: ohboy.jpg (560KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.jpg
560KB, 1920x1080px
Who said dealing with nobles was risky?
>>
Nice.
I'm gonna go play more Rain World.
In other news, since /igg/ is still deader than the Rimworld General, I'm also now idling 50 Hours as Titan to dig up their 2 Artifacts in Realm Grinder. R27.
>>
>>173665214
How small is too small to be rolling around for early game stuff?

I'm dead set on ironmanning, so I'm total party wiping a lot...
>>
>>173665438
I stopped playing realm grinder mostly when they did the graphical update, and there's only been like...2? significant content updates since then.

Dragons were kind of interesting but the new shit doens't seem interesting enough for me to go up 2 Rs to 60
>>
>>173665510
>>173665214
Uhh oops, I mean party size, if that wasn't obvious.
>>
File: 1489546122666.jpg (156KB, 478x524px) Image search: [Google]
1489546122666.jpg
156KB, 478x524px
>decide to finish a naked shovel run
>also got credit for not buying a damn thing
>somehow also managed to speed run it
As much as I give the default mode crap for being basic, it's not bad, it's just the other two modes just have so much more going for them.
>>
>>173665549

They actually went and added dragons? I stopped playing just before the graphical update, and ave no intent on returning. What do the dragons actually do?
>>
>>173665549
To each their own, I suppose. And yeah. Lineages at R60, extra Research Slots at R70+.
>>173665707
Dragons are the equivalent of Dwarf/Drow, but for Neutral Factions. They have ridiculous grind requirements that take weeks at a time to do for max potential.
>>
File: clerks2allover.jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
clerks2allover.jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
>>173665510
Well there's the minimum recruitment limit for the first mission. 8-9 is a good starting party, just fill it up with cheap beggars and give them each a crappy round shield. You'll loot armor off bandits. I wouldn't take the get 12 members ambition early on since it becomes a bit high on upkeep but you can push 10+ if you're in a nice cluster of cities with lotta contracts going on.
>>
>>173665707
They're neutral prestige, like everyone and their mother expected.

Their gimmick is their unique spell can do 1 of 5 things, but it's supposed to combo with spell tiers (they added spell tiers, you can unlock casting multiple of the same spell at once) and let you do better shit.

It was sort of interesting but I'm not really into it anymore.
>>
File: Untitled.png (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>173665798
Whoops. I forgot to attach the image of my slugcat in the Leg about to embark for Underhang once more.
>>
i need more pearls
where are the pearls
>>
>>173665978
>>>/trash/
>>
File: indie2017.png (2MB, 2044x1556px) Image search: [Google]
indie2017.png
2MB, 2044x1556px
>>173665108
>>
>>173666039
oh
i haven't found the trash yet
i went from outskirts to industrial to cathedral
it's very dark here
>>
Can you get A (or S?) tier guns in shortcuts? I think I've got a pretty good set of guns and I don't want to re-reoll if this is the best tiers I'll get
>>
>>173666120
it was a joke about steven universe
i don't even know what game you're talking about
>>
>>173666120
>>173665978
Lol. He's making a Stephen Universe joke.
Anyway, there's 12 of them. 1 per area.
>>
>>173666275
oh
i thought you needed, like, three any time you wanted to make friends with scavengers
i sure hope that dude i gave one to at the entrance to cathedral was a dude i needed to give one to, twelve is not very many
>>
>>173666275

Are there `generic` pearls you can give to the scavengers without having to steal them back later, or are there strictly 12?
>>
File: file.png (268KB, 510x395px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
268KB, 510x395px
>Play a hunter run to just play the game normally
>0 key drops
>even MORE key doors
>>
>>173666421
>OH. Pearls in general.
>>173666573
Yeah, there's dozens of Pearls in various places. There's only 12 unique Pearls which hold special lore that Moon can tell you about after getting some Neurons back.
You need to give her 4 Neurons for her to be able to full read some Pearls.
>>
>>173664938
>he actually thinks playing more floors puts him at a disadvantage
>he doesn't go for master rounds
>he doesn't see how having a bigger pool of better guns would make spawned enemies less of a problem
>he's fucked
>>
File: 2017_04_09_17_48_35-clp.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017_04_09_17_48_35-clp.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>173667015
>>he doesn't go for master rounds
I do, and you get 1 hit of health, which is gone soon.

Not to mention that every other item in the game that gives you a heart container doesn't give you an armor as robot for some reason.

Even if you've got good guns you're still likely to get hit on you're way there, so why not just cut out the middle man.

I've gotten close too, it's just that he KEEPS SPAMMING KNIVES
>>
>>173667159
okay. feel free to keep "cutting out the middle man," not like I've ever beaten this game or anything. you've clearly got this whole thing figured out. after all, that's why you posted right? to show that you've already learned enough to beat the game every time you play? or did I miss something?
>>
>>173667674
Sorry mister king of the gungeon I'll remember to personally felate you next time I post about the game.

Going through the game without getting hit is possible yea but I don't really want to play an even worse version of blue baby in a game where you're even more likely to get hit. It's a shitty class and I don't really want to play as him outside of killing his past.
>>
>Dance just out of reach of a yellow lizard for like 3 minutes
>Eventually nabs me in a shitty tunnel
>Drags me back
>Gets eaten by the giant blue death tentacle demon
>Also eats me instantly
>Tries to eat an orange passing by
>Flings it into the abyss below
>Then flails about, clinging to the platform from below
>Before flinging itself into the abyss
Alright then.
>>
>>173667802
no one's telling you to go through the game without getting hit once.
you assumed that, frankly because you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know how to play.
floors are resources.
you are willingly abandoning resources.
resources are how you win, until you are ACTUALLY good enough to never get hit while using basic guns, AKA use shortcuts. And even then, shortcuts eliminate your chance at being boosted. Why the fuck are you playing the game if you don't enjoy playing it?

Quit being a faggot and try the resources available to you. Shields drop from room clears, brown chests, and master rounds alike. They still show up in shops. If you weren't SKIPPING FLOORS you'd have money for them, or for guns and passives to get you so boosted you don't need them.

>1 hit of health, which is gone soon.
toxic attitude, enjoy your lost hits. your vision becomes your reality.
there is no difference between having 1 hit and having 10 hits if you are playing properly. keep this in mind, dry your salty baby tears, and play well until you get your shields back like anyone else. You have the single best starting pistol of anyone in the game, fucking use it.

>it's a shitty class
how about you save your opinions on things until you know how to use them, friend?
everyone hates robot until they win a run with him and realize he's the most rewarding character in the game. if you wind up disagreeing with that ok cool but at least you won't be talking baseless shit anymore.

>that gif
>he KEEPS SPAMMING KNIVES
please make sure to focus the knives. I know. It hurts not to focus the dragun. But the knives are what's fucking you, not the lizard. Kill the fucking knives dude.
>>
>>173668290
>toxic
>>
>>173668290
>>that gif
>>he KEEPS SPAMMING KNIVES
>please make sure to focus the knives. I know. It hurts not to focus the dragun. But the knives are what's fucking you, not the lizard. Kill the fucking knives dude.
That gif was from la few days ago, and I wasn't complaining about the spamming knives part there. I'd show you the footage I was talking about (where I focus the knives and they are then immediately replaced) but I deleted it and I don't know if this is in recycyle or not.

iirc what I was trying to do in the gif was just keep one of them alive so both wouldn't spawn, and it was going good for a while

> Shields drop from room clears, brown chests, and master rounds alike. They still show up in shops. If you weren't SKIPPING FLOORS you'd have money for them, or for guns and passives to get you so boosted you don't need them.
I would if the drop system in this game wasn't mostly fucked, even without playing robot. I tried doing normal runs for a while and they were all shitty. I'd have to get something amazing like clone and junkan or something.

>how about you save your opinions on things until you know how to use them, friend?
>everyone hates robot until they win a run with him and realize he's the most rewarding character in the game.
please explain to me his upside, because outside of a better than average starter item (and a +5% damage boost from junk, which you probably shouldn't even go for most of the time) he has no upside (battery bullets are a joke, as is the bottle of water)
or do you just mean "rewarding" as in "Woohoo I beat a game with the worst character!"
>>
also
>Why the fuck are you playing the game if you don't enjoy playing it?
i enjoy the game a fair amount, i however don't enjoy playing as robot because he makes the issues I have with the game so much worse
>>
Found the footage

The "keep spamming knives" run I was talking about had him throwing knives, me focusing them, him throwing them again 15 seconds after I kill them, and then throwing them again immediately after I killed that pair
>>
File: retardedai.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
retardedai.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
Man, the battle was going so fucking well until FIVE(5) friendly units including the knight all decided to go hit this footman's shield.
>>
>>173668595
drop system has more nuance than you're giving it credit for. the biggest problem I see in people playing this game is not utilizing their resources to the fullest. this may not be isaac but there is still a degree of gaming the system needed.

>fully explore every single floor
>LEAVE ALL KEYS ON THE MAP UNTIL YOU REACH THE SHOP (you can stop doing this later to game the system harder but for now just make it a habit)
>search for secret rooms, at bare minimum in preferred locations like shops, floor exits, chest rooms, and dead ends
>familiarize yourself with drop tiers so you know which chests you actually value for your playstyle
>hammer into your brain that the two main chests of each floor will always be a Gun and an Item
>start abusing this and aggressively breaking any chest you can justify not caring about. this is good on every character, and only better on robot. a key you don't use on cracking open a blue gun because you found a passive from the green chest is a key you can use on the red chest next floor. plus junk.

I seriously cannot talk up robot's gun more. it's amazing. that clip is fucking enormous. appreciate how much the very act of having to reload so often hampers your DPS on other guns and start getting the beautiful one-clip screen wipes you deserve.
you also underestimate your coolant and battery bullets. More damage will always make you safer. Use your coolant throughout the first couple floors on hordes of enemies or high HP targets like Gun Nuts. The more you force yourself to use it, the more useful you'll realize it is. Just bear in mind that like ALL starting actives, it's meant to be replaced. It's not supposed to feel like an endgame killer. It's an extremely useful tool for the first couple of weak floors to ride on until you find something better.
Nothing discourages you from getting hit like a massive, obnoxious BWAAHHHH that can't be regained with hearts every time you take damage
>>
File: Fuck.jpg (499KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.jpg
499KB, 1920x1080px
>>173669223
and there we have it. Personally had to kill a sergeant and both of their knights while my side fucked around. Torhelm and Alvar aren't huge loses. Reinhold can get replaced. Gisbert hurts. Hilderich was my sergeant so now I have to find someone with high resolve to recruit and be standard bearer.
>>
>>173669437
oh and every last one of you STOP THINKING CLONE AND JUNK ARE THE ONLY FUCKING GOOD ITEMS

jesus christ there are so many run-breaking items to get in this game and you people focus the rarest most ridiculous shit for no reason. you don't fucking need a clone when you save up 200 shells, get a demon door, and buy four passives, two guns, and a shot at Winchester's game.
>speaking of which it should be obvious but
>money is worth more in your pocket
>spending money cements unknown opportunity costs
>be fucking judicious about spending it so you don't hate yourself next floor
>>
>>173669437
I've played the game for 65 hours dude, and while that's not ages I know all of the common knowledge.

One of my main grievances with the game is that it's a crap shot as to whether a chest is a gun or an item, and items are almost always better than guns of the same tier (and often of a better tier).
I know it's not common, but I have come across a floor with a gun in each item room chest twice.

Like I said his starting gun is pretty good, and battery bullets is less bad since I looked it up and it increases accuracy by 50%, so I guess it's around as good as military training, which to be fair is pretty good.

I hardly ever find actives, for the second part. I've gone through so many marine runs that I forgot he even has an active because I never use it (or never find another active), Pilot's is fairly decent, and convict's pretty good too.

>>173669742
>STOP THINKING CLONE AND JUNK ARE THE ONLY FUCKING GOOD ITEMS
I didn't say they were the only good items calm your pants I was just giving examples of very good items that would make robot less obnoxious to play.

Winchester is farely rare and demon faces are even rarer.

Junkan should not be as hard to find as he currently is. He starts as a 20% drop from junk which is actually too high to just stroll along normally and get him but if you dedicate a run to just getting 10 junk you should get him just by even getting that far without any items and most likely some mediocre guns.
>>
Did I just step back into a den of concentrated autism?
>>
also key doors should be much rare than they are, because I'm lucky to not get a key door on the shopkeep or something else

i thought maybe it had something to do with curse but most of the time I don't even have any curse
>>
>>173670028
there's one gungeon anon who's usually kind of a sperg about it but beyond that it's pretty normal
>>
>>173669493
So who were these guys? Backgrounds, I mean. And who you got right now?
>>
>>173670209
which one's the sperg, though
>>
File: obit.jpg (544KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
obit.jpg
544KB, 1920x1080px
>>173670298
>Backgrounds, I mean
I don't remember their backgrounds really, just what they did on my team. Everyone I've got left is level 11(soft cap)
The three original brothers are still alive along with my two best linemen and the two billmen.
>>
Another full party wipe...

Guess I'll take a break for awhile.
>>
>buy FTL since it's on sale for $2.50 and wanted to play it for a while
>play on Easy to get used to ti
>maximum comfy
>move to Normal
>shit kicked in regularly
I feel kinda bad but I might just stay on Easy, I need the comfy more than the challenge right now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Qud1HxxVM

have any of you guys tried DEADBOLT? i've got to say, it's one of my favorite indie games. it's by the anons who made Risk of Rain and it plays kind of like a mix of Hotline Miami and Gunpoint.

you're the grim reaper and you kill the undead to collect their souls so you can send them to the afterlife. you've got a magic lighter which lets you turn into ash so you can go through pipes and ventilation shafts

it's got an amazing soundtrack and great art too
>>
>>173671462
>anons
1 anon.
>>
>>173671808
I'll correct that. Thank you for pointing it out.
>>
>>173670028
Are there places on 4chan that aren't autistic?
>>
>>173669949
>I have come across a floor with a gun in each item room chest twice
You'll forgive me for not believing you without proof. Not saying you're lying, just not going to accept something that flies in the face of both common knowledge and 200 hours of playtime off of hearsay.

Actives are definitely a bit rare compared to other things, but they're still relatively common as long as you're gaming your chances properly. Sure, sometimes you crack the gun chest first, but there's really a lot of keys. You should be able to eat the few times it doesn't work out. Pilot's is dope yeah, but even still is the same as the rest: useful, but nowhere near enough to be worth picking over most other active items. It's the type of shit you're trying to replace with a Relodestone.

It's the internet, I can hold shift to yell stuff for dramatic effect without my pants being rustled. It's just an extremely common sentiment around here that devalues the hundreds of win-worthy items I'm happy to get instead of the ONE clone I've gotten or the TWO junkans (not counting the guaranteed encounter). You really don't need them to win, and considering that clone's literal only use is giving you twice as many chances at getting the items you need to win, it seems a bit ironic that you place so little value on the overall loot from each floor.

Junkan's encounter rate from junk is 5% once you've unlocked him because he's an item. Finding him instead of a piece of junk is mainly just to meet him, not get him. After that it's just a happy accident if it happens again. If you want a higher chance at finding him, focus blue chests. Hell, even bosses can drop him. 5% is 1 out of 20. Even if you get 10 junk in a run that's still enough of a statistical improbability to never bank on it, and that's the intended design.

I see Winchester a lot desu but I meant the one that's always past the demon face. Idk if your funds affect spawn but I've ONLY found faces when I was rich or getting there.
>>
>Hush for the first time
someone (possibly multiple someones) looked at this and thought 'yes this is an enjoyable gameplay experience, i would not only want to do this again but also like a dozen fucking times at the bare minimum'

literally fucking how
>>
>>173672551
I could possibly have the footage still around but I don't think I do and I don't really want to look for it. My memory's not always the best so I could have possibly confused it for another chest in the room, but I'm pretty positive that it was the two chest room chests.

I was pretty pissed off too, because again, items are generally better than guns.

>Sure, sometimes you crack the gun chest first, but there's really a lot of keys. You should be able to eat the few times it doesn't work out.
That's the thing though. I know you're bound to get shit runs and all because that's the nature of random generation but I've had relatively few key-plentiful runs and much more recently runs where I not only don't get any keys, but the shop (and other) doors are key locked.

I was mostly saying clone for extra master rounds and drops, but again I wasn't saying they were the only good items, I was just saying they're good.

I do focus blue chests, but again, no way to tell item/gun.

>Even if you get 10 junk in a run that's still enough of a statistical improbability to never bank on it, and that's the intended design.
I don't know about banking on it, but if you get all the way through forge without items (or maybe some items if you get a good shopkeep or earlier with extra chests) I think you should at least have a higher chance of getting him than 5%. I'm mostly just a bit upset they have him as a 20% chance to get, so when you're shit at the game and can't even be carried by him you get him, but then you're unlikely to see him again.

I understand the reasoning behind "Boss forces a gun drop if you didn't get a gun" but god does it annoy me the majority of the time.
>>
>>173672904
Now imagine that fucker with the lost, the keeper, and then move on to delirium which is an even lazier and terribly designed fight.
>>
>>173673068
>I understand the reasoning behind "Boss forces a gun drop if you didn't get a gun" but god does it annoy me the majority of the time.
Now there's something we can both agree on. If I knew a better way to game that than "pray you've found a gun already" you can be damn sure I already would be.

Ultimately I don't have a problem with item distribution in this game because it feels appropriate for value. Guns are a dime a dozen, and common as fuck. You'll have some good ones, some bad ones, and more importantly, CHOICES. Because the nature of guns as equipment allows for that. Passives are a bit rarer because if you've ever balanced something you know infinite stacking is fucking ridiculous. Opportunity costs are sometimes the only way to keep things in games from being OP, and passives have NO opportunity cost. They just stack with each other, infinitely. So yeah I understand them being rarer than guns. Finally, how fucking mad/bored would you be if you just got every active every run when you only have one* active slot to keep them in?
>>
>>173673776
I'd probably like it better than getting a series of mediocre guns, but iit'd be annoying yea. Unless I've got a lot of guns and/or good room clearers most of the time I just use stock, or clear out big things and then finish kin off with stock. I think a rebalancing/changing of the rarity system itself would be good for the game (lead skin is D but jar of bees is C, somehow) but I don't really think that'd happen.

I thought the point of the blessed runs was "cycle through the guns and you pick up passive/tiems and it's fun" but no it's the opposite of fun.

Not only do you have the mediocre gun drops, but now they are literally non-existant so boss drops and half of all chest drops don't exist. They have the decency(?) to remove guns from the shop pool, why not the item pool in general.
>>
i have to go to bed i'll talk more later
>>
>>173673949
Afaict every single alternate mode is just meant to be a different challenge. This game was never designed to be comfy.

When it comes to the tiers, I honestly believe things like what you mentioned were an intentional choice on the part of the devs. For the most part, tiers are roughly indicative of something's usefulness once you're good at the game, but there are items thrown into each tier that convince me the devs also at times just wanted to keep all tiers relevant. Try looking at the contents of the tiers while keeping balancing thoughts in mind like:
-Keeping certain items out of the same tier as each other.
-Making you reach into other tiers for certain items instead of having a clear "best chest" that simply gives you all the items you're looking for.
-Keeping chest tiers from being a be-all end-all. Game wouldn't be very fun if only the best chests were ever useful. You'd just be like "wow there's a brown chest those aren't used for anything, why are they in the game at all?"
-Sometimes having worse options is actually good for a game. Generally speaking, players enjoy the experience of discerning for themselves whether something is good or not.
>>
>>173673949
Also, important note:
They do NOT remove guns from the shop pool.
They remove your ability to BUY guns from the shop.
You will see a little "Out of Stock" marker on every slot in your shop that was wasted by a gun spawn.
They're just kind enough not to let you waste your money on it too.
>>
File: uQZmw3G.png (668KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uQZmw3G.png
668KB, 1920x1080px
>This Specter Knight final boss
fucking radical
I just realized this is probably the best 2D sonic game I've played in the last decade
>>
Indies?
>>
>>173678409
Indies.
>>
File: latest[1].png (24KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
24KB, 1920x1080px
Being poor is shit, you guys ever get that itch to give a lot of money to good indie devs?
I get that feeling everytime I see the store page of Devil Daggers yet I can't even buy it.
>>
File: the real snek.jpg (33KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
the real snek.jpg
33KB, 960x540px
>it's an 'Brigand Marksman one-shots your rookie replacements three times in a row during the first round' re-run episode
>>
>>173680795
Could it possibly be a first round bug because fuck me I've had this happen.
>>
File: 1476997340497.jpg (762KB, 1500x3114px) Image search: [Google]
1476997340497.jpg
762KB, 1500x3114px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ak2EduZ-JI

14/? is a hell of a drug. Neat little game. Kind of like an exploration game or a walking sim. 14ch Eternal Gomez makes some pretty neat games.

According to his Twitter he was kind of surprised to see 14/? and 14/??? appear in the "Depth of Obscurity" image that gets posted every so often. Like right now!
>>
>>173681274
Back in my day, Sonic was good.
>>
>>173681274
nice to see one of these images I'm not in the deepest helldepths of
>>
>>173681274
Should I be concerned I dip down into "The Pioneer" section?
>>
In Underrail, which system is generally more recommended, the Oddity xp system or the Classic one?
>>
>>173666090
How about adding The Dream Machine final chapter to upcoming?
>>
File: Has-Been-Heroes-Announce[1].jpg (175KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Has-Been-Heroes-Announce[1].jpg
175KB, 600x338px
How is Has Been Heroes?
Any good?
>>
http://blog.playism-games.com/the-fan-art-of-alicemare/
>>
Bump before bed
>>
Bump while sleeping.
>>
File: oddities.png (563KB, 698x750px) Image search: [Google]
oddities.png
563KB, 698x750px
>>173682128
Oddity.The game is designed/balanced around oddity.

It's a fun system that encourages exploration and allows all playstyles to gain XP at roughly the same rate rather than forcing you to be a typical murderhobo.

Classic is only an option because it was used before Styg came up with oddity and wanted to leave it for those who prefer it for some reason.

It's pretty inbalanced right now, you will level and hit the cap far too quickly.
>>
File: Wait, really.png (77KB, 290x232px) Image search: [Google]
Wait, really.png
77KB, 290x232px
>>173681274
The Last Remnant is Oldfag tier?
>>
>>173687106
The oddity system is sweet.

It's real painful finding repeats sometimes, though.
>>
>>173690779
Don't pay attention to /v/charts.
>>
>>173690779
No, it's trash.
Source : I played it.
>>
>>173690832
>It's real painful finding repeats sometimes, though.
It's either that or you would be forced to murderhobo/open literally every container in the game for optimal results.

Which oddity is supposed to prevent in the first place.
>>
>>173691353
Well, sure. I know. I get that.

But I still get butthurt.

>Wowwwww I haven't seen this neat looking oddity before. Level time bitches!
>*plonk*
>Oh. I have. And it's a 1-oddity max type.
>>
>>173687106
You post that image, but deep inside you know that your collection is no longer complete. Stop lying to yourself.
>>
I wish Lethal League was popular
>>
>>173692894
It was never complete to begin with, I'm missing

the dice from Rail Crossing (and supposedly the gambling house if Styg added one there, no idea if he did though, I didn't check)

2 logs from I have no idea where

one quad damage module from industrial bot RNG

one black eye from DC since it wasn't there yet

and 2-headed mutant eye
>>
>>173693431
I wish I was popular
>>
>>173693512
I wish my girlfriend was less popular.
>>
>>173693725
I too wish she was less popular.
>>
>>173693818
Bitch's vagina is like a motel 6 and as loose as a hanging noose, except that unlike the nooese, it doesn't get tighter when you put your dick in it.
>>
>>173691353
I wonder why people don't implement Bloodlines XP system more often
>>
>>173694285
VtMB XP system doesn't really work outside of VtMB game format.

in VtMB the only source of XP is resolving quests, but the entire game consists of nothing but a series of quest hubs you visit one after another.
>>
>>173665214
game?
>>
File: Untitled.png (226KB, 324x302px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
226KB, 324x302px
>>173666090
>No Paradigm or THimbleweed Park
Come on, step it up!
>>
Um, Snake Pass is pretty boring
>>
>>173696976
did you play it or watch it? it's one of those games that looks super lame at a glance; it's more about having the controls in your hands and working them out.

if you played it idk sorry you didn't enjoy friend. I like bein snek
>>
>>173697078
I played two levels, and it was pretty fun, but after that I already felt the repetitive-ness sink in.
>>
File: Dream Machine release.png (3MB, 1920x998px) Image search: [Google]
Dream Machine release.png
3MB, 1920x998px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVAt5e5AY4Y

Only one month left till the final chapter FINALLY!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/94300/announcements/detail/493549917884025552
>>
>>173697296
Try just getting keystones and working your way through levels instead of collecting everything. See if you don't enjoy it a bit more once they feel comfortable spiking your difficulty a bit. Game starts off slow.

Personally, I've just been enjoying playing a level here and there and beating it at whatever pace that sets. I like the experience but it's not a game I'd sit around and play for hours
>>
>>173697515
Hmm, I'll give it another shot
>>
>>173696663
Battle Brothers
>>
File: Spess mehrines.jpg (73KB, 882x882px) Image search: [Google]
Spess mehrines.jpg
73KB, 882x882px
>>173697667
our enemy is at our door
>>
>>173697665
>>173697515
AFTER BAYONETTA WOOOOOOO
>>
>>173680718
It's 5 bucks. Sell a kidney or something.
>>
>>173697980
WE KNOW OUR DO IT AND WE WILL DUTY AND FIGHT FOR THE ENEMY
>>
File: Dream Machine.jpg (86KB, 1226x763px) Image search: [Google]
Dream Machine.jpg
86KB, 1226x763px
Not yet.
>>
File: vacation fish.jpg (34KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
vacation fish.jpg
34KB, 658x658px
>>
File: slutty mcslut.png (68KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
slutty mcslut.png
68KB, 200x212px
>>173681274
>multiple hits in Oldfag
>3 in Gregor
Contrary to the norm I feel I'm too low on that chart
>>
>4 more levels in the 2nd area of Sausage Roll
Man, this is starting to get hard.
>>
Yooka Laylee is officially out.
>>
>>173701778
not gonna lie I've been playing Banjo Kazooie and I like it
>>
BAMP
>>
>>173701518
>tfw wanted to fuck the one character whose sole purpose was to tell you what to do and insult you
>>
>>173707008
Well Slutty Mcslut was traced from a VN character so that isn't too far off.
>>
https://www.humblebundle.com/intergalactic-bundle
Spess bundle.
Galactic Civilisations 1 for free at the bottom.
>>
File: 1490748396018.gif (1MB, 199x187px) Image search: [Google]
1490748396018.gif
1MB, 199x187px
>ended up playing Battle Brothers all day due to the guy posting in here

Game is good
>>
>>173710704
It is? Make my penis hard, tell me what's good about it.
>>
>>173710704
I knew it as a good idea to tell the initial guy to blogpost about it.
>>
Does Grow Up require a beefier setup than Grow Home?
>>
>>173709352
>Rogue Galaxy is on a 2D plane
dropped
>>
>>173682128
Classic so you can grind for skillpoints when the game stone walls you at a check.
Oddity is fine for a second playthrough once you have a better idea of the mechanics and design and plan a much better build then your first time around
>>
>>173681274
These charts are all kind of awful. I think they represent the creator's personal gaming knowledge more than anything else.

In some cases entire ecosystems, not just genres, are shoehorned under inaccurate white labels. And some cases just need updating. Programming games aren't so obscure anymore after SHENZHEN I/O got so much coverage.

Many yellow labels have questionable position. Especially the roguelikes are totally fucked up.
How come a world-famous internet sensation like Dwarf Fortress is so deep down? How is Caves of Qud less obscure than Cataclysm? And HOW IN THE FUCK is babbys-first-modern-roguelike Dungeon Crawl more obscure than Qud?
>>
>>173711643
>Classic so you can grind for skillpoints
>grinding levels in Underrail
Just how bad can you possibly be?

>when the game stone walls you at a check
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>173712575
Why is the Bullyrail fanbase so toxic? This kind of attitude only hurts Styg and his future endeavors.
>>
>>173713509
Because for underage, criticizing a game means hating it.
And they're insecure about the fact that they may be wrong.
>>
>>173696775
I add things that are discussed here.
>>
>>173713509
>toxic
What exactly was "toxic" about my post?

If you need to gring in Underrial you are clearly doing something very wrong because the game was never designed with grind in mind. There is nothing "toxic" about pointing this out.

Likewise, there is nothing "toxic" about me not understanding what "game stone walls you at a check" means since Underrail has no skill checks that would prevent you from progressing the game whatsoever.

I'm sorry if your feefees were hurt for whatever reason.
>>
>>173714472
Why are you getting even more toxic?
>>
>>173714573
Define "toxic" because so far it seems like it stands for "facts that make me uncomfortable"
>>
>>173714252
Well, both are point and click adventures. Both are bretty good.
The former currently has a 100% approval rating on Steam.
>>
>>173713509
Probably the same reason the souls fanbase came up with the git gud meme.

Whenever a game is actually challenging, there's bound to be a clash between its hardcore fans and those who don't get the game and find it too hard for reasons.

But Underrail is very niche, so it shouldn't attract many players outside its target audience like the (in)famous souls games do. I really don't know.
>>
Is Yooka a girl?
>>
>>173716000
No, but Laylee is.
>>
>>173716000
I don't think so
>>
Is Stardew Valley any good? The graphism look bloody awful, but apparently you can go spelunking for treasures and mad dosh?
>>
>>173716353
Do you like labor sims?
>>
>>173716434
What's a labor sim?
>>
>>173710704
Does it give you Xcom-battle-system vibes?
(Because those vibes are my cocaine)
>>
>>173716474
Game that simulates doing manual labor
Though, yeah, you can go spelunking too
>>
>>173716906
If it means boring shit like Minecraft, Terraria or Starbound where I spend 95% of my time mining and hoping I will get useful ore, fuck that.
>>
>turn camera slightly into a wall
>it bounces back the other direction by 90 degrees
Someone at Playtonic deserves a beheading
>>
>>173674471
>Game wouldn't be very fun if only the best chests were ever useful. You'd just be like "wow there's a brown chest those aren't used for anything, why are they in the game at all?"
There are a handful of ok D-tier passives but I don't think I've ever spent a resource to open any brown chests, because they're usually garbage.

I get that part of the gimmick of the game is everything is a gun but there's so many shitty guns that are just one off jokes.
>>
>>173716353
Dosh only rolls in when you get to mass crafting bombs and nuke whole floors carefree, tanking any damage taken
>>
File: spiral knights bullies.png (177KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
spiral knights bullies.png
177KB, 500x319px
>>173713509
>Bullyrail
cute
>>
>>173716772
You mean "fuck that I missed again" vibes? Plenty.
>>
>>173717003
Did you ever play Harvest Moon?
It got a different charme, actual NPCs and level design for example.
>>173717780
The game looks like the conrols are barely above u
>>
>>173716118
Whoops~
>>
File: 1456082013991.jpg (225KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
1456082013991.jpg
225KB, 960x686px
>>173718160
It's like prodding at a bruise.
Like squirming in soreness after a workout.
Like having a beautiful girl rub her hand over your glans post-orgasm.
I love it Xcom, even though it oft makes me want to throw my pc out the window.

My only wish is for a gigantic, comprehensive rpg with a huge world and a kick-ass sci-fi setting, using a vastly expanded Xcom 2 graphical and combat engine.
>>
File: Glide64_Banjo-Kazooie_03.png (458KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Glide64_Banjo-Kazooie_03.png
458KB, 1280x960px
still fun
>>
File: Mimic with skills in Monk.jpg (103KB, 1200x607px) Image search: [Google]
Mimic with skills in Monk.jpg
103KB, 1200x607px
>>173710859
I picked up a hobo that was a squire to a minor noble, until one day he accidentally startled his lord's horse and got whipped until he couldn't walk for a week.

After being with me from two months, he went from a malnourished cripple to a bear of a man, and is now in the front and center of my line in glimmering mail and wielding a zweihander, cleaving orcs and undead asunder.

There's some pretty gud stories in batbros
>>
>>173718730
>n64 game has better textures than 8th gen kickstarter
What a shit timeline.
>>
>>173719089
Does it have magic or supernatural elements other than monsters inspired by folklore?
>>
>>173714782
How are the stories?
>>
>>173719512
Goblin shamans, necromancers and skeleton priests. No magic is available to the players, though.
>>
>>173720141
>No magic is available to the players, though.
SHIT GAME
H
I
T

G
A
M
E
>>
>>173719665
>Paradigm
Exceptionally good in every way. The oddity alone is damn good.
>Thimbleweed
Pretty good, but not amazing.
>>
>>173720791
Except you're wrong. Magic is objectively shit.
>>
>>173720791
>wanting magic in my germanic warband simulator
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmUiVXW4R5E&t=0s
>>
>>173721986
I'll probably pirate it to see if it's any good.

"It's like banjo tooie" isn't exactly awful
>>
>>173666090
Cosmic Star Heroine and Yooka-Laylee are out now
>>
>>173717898
Sounds like spelunking only start making dosh late.
>>
>>173718219
That doesn't sound fun.

>>173719089
I like this. Can you also recruits women? I'd like to have a battle harem.
>>
>>173721954
It's like fighting against people using guns but not being able to use them yourself
It's strategically retarded anon
>>
>>173722724
So basically Borderlands?
>>
File: 1459053373969.gif (484KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1459053373969.gif
484KB, 1280x768px
>>173720141
I see, thanks. I think I'll give it a whirl

>>173720791
>>173721660
>>173721954
>>173722724
Well, I can certainly get the appeal of magic in games like these. The problem is, with most devs (and forms of systematized magic), it just turns out to be "yet another mechanic" (and a mechanic that often breaks immersion at that).

The trick is to make it sparse, rare, only barely controllable, and preferably really late-game. Don't make it directly controllable by the player (even though this is what every player wants), but rather just feed drippings here and there, painting magic as something to be respected and feared.
>>
>>173714252
>I add things that are discussed here
>no spot for Gungeon Supply Drop Update
>>
>>173717870
important to consider that brown chests are the only chests that can drop a pickup alongside their loot. for instance, you could get Gun Friendship and a key or shield from one brown chest. Makes them a lot more worth it. If it's guaranteed to be an Item, I'll usually crack it open. If not I'll break it unless it's already unlocked.
>>
File: distressed stephen.jpg (10KB, 154x176px) Image search: [Google]
distressed stephen.jpg
10KB, 154x176px
>tfw you're desperate for a sci-fi RPG but Cosmic Star Heroine looks like garbage
>>
>>173723165
That's one way to do magic well, but not the only way
>>
>>173724781
Have you played Anachronox yet?
>>
>>173722724
>I haven't played the game
there is literally barely any magic
there's no fireballs or anything, it's just like some necromancery and that's it
>>
>>173715786
REEEEEEEEEEEE
GET GOOD WAS MADE BY THE MONSTER HUNTER FANBASE, SOULSFAGS STOLE OUR TERM REEEEEE
Monster Hunter is fucking bullshit though. You can mitigate the grinding by being gud cause its easy to dodge most attacks but its fucking boring and draws out 20-30 minute hunt to a full hour. The only reason you'd get killed is by being greedy to end the monotony.
>>
What if they're right and Banjo Kazooie was just artificial fun?
>>
>>173725742
>Monster hunter was a git gud game
Kek.
It was bullet hell shumps. That's why they're called bullet HELL.
>>
>>173725258
And necromancy is the best kind of magic, what's your point
>>
>>173726682
You're not allowed to use it because the game is about being a mercenary company
>>
>>173725742
I mean I always appreciated the fact that Monster Hunter was designed to allow you to achieve victory whether through skill or grinding. But yeah the existence of the grind at all made choosing either one monotonous.

>>173726064
Snake Pass is a truer successor to Banjo-Kazooie than Yooka-Laylee. Collectathons are only ever good when each collectible is individually rewarding to discover and successfully collect.

Linear level filled with a bunch of pasted-in pickups to walk through = Bad.
Characterized environment to explore with nooks and crannies serving as miniature puzzles and tests of skill that reward you with collectibles = Good.

Yooka-Laylee is just a classic example of devs not understanding what made their game good in the first place. No one cared about the fact that it was a "buddy quest," no one cared about having a bunch of thingies to grab. People just wanted a lively, charming environment with built-in reasons to explore it and see what it has to offer. Really, Banjo-Kazooie's fun wasn't any more artificial than Super Mario 64's. The 3D Mario series just actually understood what made it good and kept it going.

>>173726471
pretty sure he's saying the monster hunter community started out saying to "git gud," not that monster hunter was the original git gud game.
>>
>>173726808
Reanimating corpses is incredibly cost effective compared to hiring more soldiers
>>
>>173715786
>dark souls
>hard
>>
>>173727167
>Snake Pass is a truer successor to Banjo-Kazooie than Yooka-Laylee.
I thought I was the only one that got this impression from watching footage of both. The kickstarter game looks like a HEY REMEMBER THAT GAME? piece while failing to be as good as that game. Meanwhile snake pass looks like collecting and puzzle solving.
>>
>>173727453
Harder than Dragon's Dogma, that's for sure.
>>
>>173727453
It's a hard game. Stop bandwagoning.
>>
>>173728287
The only bandwagon is the soulswagon. It is harder than the usual aaa game from its time but it is far from something really challenging.
>>
>>173728495
>It is harder than the usual aaa game
I think being harder than an average game is good enough criteria to call something "hard"
Otherwise you can argue indefinitely whenever a game is challenging enough to be called hard or not
>>
>>173729750
"hard" in comparison to easy baby games is not the same as being "hard" in general
>>
>>173687106
>all that trash
The Underrail protagonist must be the biggest kelptomaniac/hoarder I've ever seen in a vidya.

Who the fuck would think, upon seeing this:
>Three what appear to be human shinbones, sharpened on one end and tied together with leather straps into a triangular formation. The purpose or meaning of this perverse construct eludes you.
that "Yes, I must have this."?

>Is that... a baby's hand on a chain? You can only imagine what possessed this psycho to create such an abominable trinket.
How sick, I'm deeply shaken and mortified by this twisted display of sadistic lunacy....
gimme.

>A set of four identical metal balls, each suspended by two strings. When you set them in motion interesting things happen.
I'm stranded in Deep Caverns. Tchortlings are closing in on me from the right, the Faceless are coming from the left. What should I do? I know, let's play with pendulums!

If only Vera entered your room and saw all the piles of train logs, dog tongues leaking acid you carefully removed because you reeaally needed to have them, a drawing you lifted from someone's desk, a bunch of completely ruined textbooks, human jaws, teeth, scrap glued together, empty mutagen tanks, and soup ladles stolen from ghetto hobos, she probably wouldn't be so eager to make you a councilor.
>>
>>173726064
I'm playing it right now and exploring these worlds and collecting secrets is fun. I don't know if I'd call it "artifical", but it feels meaningful.
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/272620/
Thoughts on this?
It counts as an Indie game, right?
>>
>>173733207
All previous Serious Sam licensed games were kinda poopy
It's made by hammerwatch devs so it's probably going to be boring coop oriented and boring as fuck
>>
Stop dying
>>
>>173726471
Everyone knew those games were quarter munchers, might as well call Druaga a git gud game.
>>
>>173733063
After 2 hours of playing I just felt very unsatisfied and kind of tired, it really made me question if the games of that era were actually good or if I only enjoyed it then because I was 11 and would have played any kusoge thrown at me.
>>
>>173733942
Coop games are always trash anyway.
And I'm totally not saying that because I died in Borderland 2 to a fire damage on time because all the enemies ran away.
>>
Indies are good
>>
>>173740652
What an exaggeration
>>
File: 1479781093703.jpg (107KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1479781093703.jpg
107KB, 604x603px
>Battle brothers
>saving and loading makes scary things on the map go away
Welp. I actually wanted to hit that engagement though...
>>
>>173742643
Is this still in Alpha Protocol?
>>
>>173742643
>>173742821
>hit unpause
>they come back
Guess I lied. They just weren't visible yet. Oops!
>>
>>173725056
Yeah I have, a long time ago. No motivation to revisit. Apparently Cosmic Star Heroine's got some good mechanics.
>>
File: illiterate.jpg (372KB, 639x789px) Image search: [Google]
illiterate.jpg
372KB, 639x789px
Okay, I'm going to blatantly shill now and copypaste dump some bits of the new Systemfaggotry: The Game update, because it's cool and alpha soon and I want to believe.

There are also some videos, so here's the link to the update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/posts/1856072

>Background point pool for Virtues, starting Skills, and Advantages / Disadvantages

>Instead of just stat numbers, a lot of character output has to do with gameplay styles. We wanted to include more ways to have more interesting starting characters to mess around with. Anything from making your character deaf, unable to run, various phobias, 14 years old, and lots of other ways that are reflected in the mechanics and visuals. This allows you to create interesting characters for a lot of combat variety, and also test yourself to role play fairly flawed characters, mentally, physically, or with fairly suspect past choices in their life.

>Having too low of Logic or being illiterate means all text in the game is garbled. We made all the text in the game dynamic so far as to make this full-stop:
>>
File: background - age.jpg (533KB, 639x1298px) Image search: [Google]
background - age.jpg
533KB, 639x1298px
>>173746252
>Where advantages cost you background points during character creation, disadvantages will gain you some. Here’s our current pending list for these Advantages and Disadvantages as it stands now. Originally we were going to have pre-generated characters for you to use in the alpha, but we’ll now have a character generator like in the actual game where you can create your agents, so you can put these to the test.

>Here’s a glimpse at some of the Gained, Advantage, and Disadvantage background traits:

>Age also dictates maximum Virtue availability. These are rough numbers to get an idea of how these might influence the character:

>Height Slice and Character sight and hearing visuals

>Visualizing a character’s line of sight as the character is one of the overarching visuals driving gameplay and simulation — it’s an isometric glimpse into their first-person view. Your character’s vision is also driven by stats, poor eyesight has smaller visions than others, and if you get wounded in your face or an eyeball, you can lose out on part of that radius.

>Since the original Kickstarter we’ve refined the visual for it to be more exact (it was also tile-based then). We’ve also added in an additional radius around your selected character that represents their maximum hearing range. This is the distance they’ll automatically be rolling to hear other NPCs, and is their maximum distance of influence in the game, as everything outside of it is black. (video)
>>
>>173746560
>Movement and Combat Upgrades

>Pathfinding returns, now with multi-locations during combat as well as automatic vertical navigation for you and NPCs!

>We finished off combat iterations the past few months by enhancing the way players target and roll-to-hit with it, which ultimately led to an overhaul of the ruleset. You can now aim anywhere and roll under your skill with the item to determine how successful you were to getting to your target. All item or skill usages use that model now. Allowing you to aim for things in the environment that we don't outright tell you can make for more interesting puzzles or interactivity. Lights for example can all be shot out now: (video)

>With a 3d world, thrown objects that bounce around, it seemed fitting to give the player some agency on where they are actually shooting. You no longer only attack targets, but can also attack anywhere you want, including where you expect targets to be as they are moving. If you do attack targets you can select which body part you’d like to try to shoot, and you’d track that body part until you fire or it’s no longer visible. Aiming for anything allows you to lead targets on the move or temporarily unseen (and thus unable to be targeted), or precise location to lay down cover fire for more than one target that might end up down the middle of a hallway or something.
>>
>>173746252
>kick starter
>>
File: wounds.jpg (495KB, 639x1651px) Image search: [Google]
wounds.jpg
495KB, 639x1651px
>>173746696
>Distance modifiers are no longer just static distance markers as with the original Challenge Target, but influenced by reference points around the projected line starting with nearest to the character attacking. This is all in-code in the game, but that sight-line checks for any nearby objects starting at the character and moves down to the actual target. So the idea for this is if you you have a reference for a target really far away, you can get visual bearings by aligning your shot with any nearby objects. For example aiming a burst fire into a clearing near the side of a building you hear an enemy running into would have that building act as the distance check, not the potentially infinite space behind it.

>The crosshair for melee path for slash/thrust or your projectile line is your ideal hit location, and you roll to attempt to hit that location, regardless of or if you have a target in mind. Success means you hit that target precisely (in 3d space), and failure means you deviate it from a variable amount, so it’s considered a potential failure in most cases.

>Wound penalties and visuals

>Another way of indicating health status for player characters and enemies, we're adding various states of wounded movement and idling. In the alpha you’ll be limping around if you’ve taken on particular Greater or Mortal wound, which acts a visual that you’re damaged as well as an indicator that your movement speed has been reduced.

>Going into the alpha, here are the current wound categories and all the stats they can influence:

And some other minor stuff about the death system and some boasting about unique animations that might end up looking cool I guess. Faster walking speed for mole agile characters and shit like that is good.
>>
>>173746758
It already got kickstarted a year ago, so who the fuck cares. If it ends up sucking balls you can just ignore it and move on. That's a genuine possibility, Serpents was kind of shit. But this time I really fucking want to believe.
>>
File: 20170411203543_1.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170411203543_1.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
Do the Passages stack if I get more titles?
I'm about to get the Monk, but don't want my current Passage for quick travel to be wasted.
>>
File: 20170411222431_1.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170411222431_1.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
Help me.
>>
>>173748321
>that feeling of panic when something's grabbed you
>>
>>173747786
Yes. You can have up to 10 saved.
>>
Hollow Knight is now available on Mac and Linux.
And in French.
>>173748321
Try your best to line yourself up horizontally with it, then move towards and over it. Works every time.
>>
redpill me about the double headed mutant in underrail
>>
how is paradigm lads
>>
>>173749168
Thank you.

>>173749291
I inched away ever so slowly for like a minute. Then just swung left and right and got free.
Then I got killed by him next time I tried to go back.
>>
>>173749641
I'm about to take the plunge myself. Will report findings.
>>
>>173747107
What's the point of posting about it if you can't play it yet
>>
File: doggos.png (137KB, 679x650px) Image search: [Google]
doggos.png
137KB, 679x650px
>>
>>173750305
What the fuck, man. Don't tell me you have never talked about unreleased games. Besides CD has very unique gameplay for this genre, so understanding it requires much more than just experience with rpgs.

And the alpha is coming in about a month.
>>
>>173751557
>And the alpha is coming in about a month.
I'm assuming it's backer only
Is it going to be on steam?
>>
>>173746252
>shit son, you only got 10 Int!
>Important documents and shit become unreadable
Oh my god, that sounds wonderful. Like playing Fallout 1 retard mode, but better.
>>
>>173746560
>racist
>sexist
>disadvantages
Ah yes that sweet virtue signaling money
>>
>>173752082
No idea, theey haven't talked about the specifics yet. But yeah, it's probably going to be backer only, I don't think they are ready or willing to make this into an Early Access at this point. I have a feeling this will need a lot of fine-tuning. Although they've been working with a couple of really experienced testers from the start, so who knows, maybe not.
>>
>>173752412
What I find weirder is
>Where advantages cost you background points during character creation, disadvantages will gain you some.
>Being sexist or racist gives you points
>>
Does Grim Dawn count as indie?
>>
>>173752608
Nice.
>>
>>173752608
It might end up fucking you over in the game itself. Like you need information from someone, but since the informant is a black womyn your racist and sexist character will only get the dialogue option to tell her to go back to Africa and choke on some tribal dick. Or something.
>>
>>173752608
>you'll be able to do a nigger challenge run
Andthis is only alpha, imagine when they much more stuff, oh boy
>>
>>173752934
they add*
>>
>>173752916
How can something hilarious be a disadvantage
>>
Underworld Ascendant has to be good, it just has to.
>>
>>173753080
I mean if you're trying to be diplomatic, having bad disposition with certain people would probably be somewhat of a disadvantage.
>>
>>173752916
Yeah, but I still find it odd they'd incentivize it like that.
I mean, obviously they'd need a reason for you to pick it, otherwise barely anyone would use it, but still.
What sense does it make anyway? Being Racist/Sexist allows you have a bigger background, if I'm understanding the concept correctly?
>>
Sausage Brothers
>>
>>173753198
Something like that. I assume some of the more useful backgrounds are going to have a cost so high that you won't be able to pick them without picking one or two disadvantages.

Although it would be intersting if they made it more flexible. Kind of like in Battlespire, where the points you get from disadvantages can be spent on anything, from attributes to skills to better equipment.
>>
>>173753789
Disadvantages are just a great idea in general though. Nice that they incentivize not just making your character the perfect being, allowing for more roleplaying.
>>
>>173753198
It's actually fairly common in games. Pick negative traits to give you more points for positive traits.
>>
>>173749883
Cool, I just finished Thimbleweed and I'm still in a point and click mood.
>>
>>173753198
>Being Racist/Sexist allows you have a bigger background
Nah, the points-ads-disads is the same as the GURPS roleplaying system, really.
Sexist/racist counts as disads because they adversely affect your characters likeability, or his freedom of choice, or sociability (insofar as it might limit your choices when talking to certain NPCs or something).
This doesn't specifically broaden your background or something. It's just a "bad" thing (game-mechanically) about your character, which gives you extra points to spend on something good.

>>173753928
I agree! Especially in tabletop games. It makes players play more consciously, and more balanced characters. (And for many it helps give their character-..well, "character")
>>
>>173753624
Battle Stephen.
>>
>>173721050
Tell me more about why they're good.
>>
>>173753928
Yeah. It just occurred to me, but if they are serious about the racist/sexist/etc disadvantages, they could even lock you out of certain party members. That would be interesting, devs are usually afraid of limiting party options. Even in the BGs where alignment matters your party members aren't the least bit concerned about the PC's alignment. I think Ignus in PS:T is the only one who would eventually betray you based on alignment.

Although Iron Tower seems to be interested in experimenting with it. They did the CHAR-based party size/recruiting thing in DR, and I think they are keeping it for Colony Ship, with some kind of reputation restrictions added to the mix.
>>
File: Untitled.png (442KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
442KB, 1920x1080px
>>173754323
Took the plunge. Will comment on stuff as I see them.
The Options menu is very barebones, but given it's a point & click, it's not a huge deal. Turned on the Mystery Setting. No idea what's gonna happen.
>>
>>173723954
I miss things sometimes, so reply to the chart if it needs anything added.
The update was before the chart was made, so I didn't really notice.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>173755516
Nevermind. I figured it out.
>>
Anyone touch Signal to Torvalds?
>>
>>173756147
lol rude
>>
File: do it.webm (754KB, 359x319px) Image search: [Google]
do it.webm
754KB, 359x319px
>>
>>173759446
How are those sausages doing?
>>
>>173759729
Undercooked...
>>
>>173759773
Stay strong, soldier. He who brings the glory of Sausage to light shall find endless bounty.
>>
File: d18.jpg (90KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
d18.jpg
90KB, 500x468px
I did it! I beat Rain World!
>>
>>173761154
Congrats. I'm on the verge of mental break after entering Underhang.
>>
>>173761154
I don't get this image
>>
>>173761379
at the end of evangelion everyone turns into tang

i'm not even joking
>>
>>173761154
About how long did it take you?
I still have to fetch things for the Moon.
>>
>>173761154
Congrats?

>>173761379
You're better off.
>>
>>173761193
>Underhang
Good luck, that's a tough one. If it helps, camos freak the fuck out when speared. You can also knock them off steep drops rather easily because of their waiting habit.

>>173761665
36 hours, although I didn't do the Moon run.
>>
>>173761792
>Camos
Trust me, I learned that climbing the Leg. my trouble is Oranges and Brindled Yellows now.
>>
>>173761604
I watched it, I just didn't get it at first
>>
File: asexual-lizard-whiptail-lizard.jpg (19KB, 320x215px) Image search: [Google]
asexual-lizard-whiptail-lizard.jpg
19KB, 320x215px
>>173761824
The purest form of lizard.
>>
>>173761792
I still have a while to go then.
Are you going to go back and do it?

>>173761824
I'm taking a break from The Leg right now.
Only being able to move vertically is hell, no where to hide.
>>
>>173762049
>Are you going to go back and do it?
No thanks, I think I've had enough slugcat for a while. I might just look at spoilers to be honest.
>>
>>173759446
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>173752613
sure
>>
I've played 2 hours of Cosmic Star Heroine.

Don't bother. It's for cucks and nu-males exclusively
>>
>>173764534
Where's that anon that posted about it every thread before.
>>
>>173751547
I'm finding that trading is a strong way to open the game...

Which is kinda weird because you spend so long out of battle I might be out of practice by the time shit starts getting heavy.
>>
>Shovel Knight got cameos in a bunch of games
>Specter Knight will never be one of those cheat code unlock characters in a tony hawk game
>>
>>173764534
>>173765809
lmao
>>
>>173762596
>had enough slugcat for a while
I can utterly and completely see that happening, yeah.. neat as the game though is

>>173768730
>Spectre Knight in a Tony Hawk game
aw shit
>>
>>173730149
>The Underrail protagonist must be the biggest kelptomaniac/hoarder I've ever seen in a vidya.
I prefer the term "collector"
>>
File: Trip South.png (2MB, 324x2429px) Image search: [Google]
Trip South.png
2MB, 324x2429px
>>173752613
Yeah.

Expansion when?
>>
>>173764534
Can you give some examples of what you've seen so far?
>>
>>173770382
They put a fair amount of work into the written lore in that game.
>>
FUCK

Are there regular wolves in Battle Brothers? I could have swore I kicked a bunch of direwolf asses earlier this run...

But then I total party wiped to 4, even with decent armor.
>>
>>173772187
Haahahahaha...
>>
>>173759446
You have so many delicious sausages to live for
>>
File: 2016-02-17_00002.jpg (152KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-17_00002.jpg
152KB, 1600x900px
>>173770286
We are all just trying to come by.
>>
>>173751547
Haha nice OC.
>>
>>173770286
As a borderline hoarder myself, I prefer the term 'hoarder' as it evokes the perfect vision of disorganised-yet-still-somehow-organised piles of random crap in every storage area I own.
I even get that annoying situation where I remember where I usually have a place that certain things usually are, but then I put it somewhere else and have to look for it for an entire day, which I appropriately call Hoarder Syndrome.
>>
File: 20161108230010_1.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161108230010_1.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>173776367
It's the opposite ofr me, I'm bordeline pedantic and all of my shit is religiously organized, including stuff in video games.

Pic related is a good example, that shelf is used exclusively for unique collectible stuff, in precise order of sniper rifles/assault rifles/SMGs/pistols/crossbows/melee/unarmed/armors/Southern fishing tour fishes/Beast head.

Thankfully I don't give a fuck about alphabetical order, not yet at least.
>>
>>173776904
Your room looks like a treasure grove.
>>
>>173772187
No but there is a stronger dire wolf called frenzied
>>
Hmm yes give me the jrpg cheese for a glorious end.
>>
>>173781005
jeez, if you keep this up, I'm gonna have to continue my playthrough of the 2nd game.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-01+at+06.25.14).jpg (44KB, 320x266px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-01+at+06.25.14).jpg
44KB, 320x266px
>>173781005
I hope you have SC and I'm going to have to speed up at this rate.
>>
>>173781005
Getting a bit burned out on Borderlands and Grim Dawn, how is Trails in the Sky?
The graphism trigger my Ys PTSD.
>>
>>173781335
Decent customization. Very polished. Extremely orthodox. A ton of missables and pretty guide dangit.
>>
>>173781456
>Decent customization. Very polished. Extremely orthodox.
Sounds good.
>A ton of missables and pretty guide dangit.
Sounds atrocious.
>>
>>173781506
In a world where tons of games have insane character logic and plot-induced idiocy, Trails in the Sky doesn't. But it never goes beyond exactly what it claims to be, and it states pretty early on that you're going to get a lot of side objectives that are easily missed or done below perfect.
>>
>>173781506
You have no fucking idea.
>quest listed as short
>decide to do it after making a little progress
>miss it
>>
>>173781748
I'm not good with RPGs like that. I missed a shitload of content in Tales of Symphonia because the game is always telling you to rush forward to save that girl Colette, to save the world, to save the towns.
>>
>>173776904
That looks nice. I don't have this much OCD when sorting my items. Weapons and armors go in the left locker. Unique and key items go in the right locker. Components go to the shelf, and healing items go in the footlocker.

But I keep everything at SGS, even though I had the Core City house fully renovated. I have a thing for empty buildings. Putting in furniture would just ruin their aesthetic.
>>
>>173783235
>i like empty buildings
You're pretty weird.
Do you also love tiles?
>>
>>173785948
You got he wrong guy, jack. I don't want to fuck my buildings, just don't like when good architecture is ruined with shitty furnishing.
>>
>>173781321
I don't have it yet but I got a paysafe card to buy stuff. Would prefer a sale really and will likely do a 2nd playthrough before for 100%
>>173781335
It's a top tier jrpg. It is almost scary how much better it is then the usual best jrpgs suspects. I am at 83 hours playtime on steam and that is just one playthrough; granted I REALLY made use of every NPC getting new dialogue after every main quest point so that adds up to a lot of extra walking, reading and worldbuilding. First is also cheap so a definitve must play.
>>
>>173781908
"Short" means your last chance to do the quest before you do the next main quest point. A shame it is only shown on the board and not your book.
>>173781506
It's really not that bad if you explore. on my fist playthrough I only missed 2 recepies, 2 books, 2 quests, 4 weapons, 1 armor and 5 chests.
Altought for me that is a typical percentage I get on collectables in games when playing blind.
>>
>>173788096
Reminds me of Phantom Brave. I hope it's not that ugly all the time.
>>
>>173789592
It's a game from 2001 or so, don't expect too much. Most stuff scales very nicely though except the character eyes on the models imo.
>>
Okay, so I'm playing Yooka-Laylee and it's pretty much what I expected having only played the tech demo and not having seen any videos of it after that.

So, what's the problem here exactly?

How the hell is this a 2/10 game?
>>
>>173791628
Rare collectathons are not that great to begin with but this one is outdated in mechanics and gamedesign and does things worse than the old games. A lack of fun exploring is also a huge minus.
>>
>>173770893
Yeah, especially considering it's an ARPG where story and setting are usually barebones.

In Grim Dawn they are really well made and ejoyable.
>>
>>173791767
Isn't outdated shit exactly what the people they are pandering to wanted?
>>
>>173791628
>How the hell is this a 2/10 game?

I think it's a lot of people getting their nostalgia goggles smahed and realizing a game they liked in 1998 might not work for them in 2017
>>
>>173792106
People wanted their memory, not the actual thing.
>>
File: fuckOOO.jpg (120KB, 440x615px) Image search: [Google]
fuckOOO.jpg
120KB, 440x615px
>that fucking twist at the celebration scene in tits
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>173794018
>in tits
CONTINUE
>>
>>173794121
trials in tainted space?
>>
>>173794902
Oh.

I thought you meant boobs.
>>
File: CSH001.png (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CSH001.png
446KB, 1920x1080px
So far the game has been fun. Really engaging puzzly JRPG battles
>>
>>173795037
Oh nice that came out. Good enough to add to the /indie/ 217 collage?
>>
>>173795353
I'll keep playing. I'm sure other /indie/ people will like it but I am mixed on it right now
>>
File: file.png (551KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
551KB, 1920x1080px
robot is a bad character
>>
>>173794018
Tell me more, I haven't played that in years. Does it actually have more content now?

Almost everything about that game was complete trash, but gameplay itself was surprisingly decent. Raiding that pirate ship with my freshly hacked robot doggo was cool.
>>
File: file.png (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
487KB, 1920x1080px
bad character
>>
File: file.png (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
277KB, 1920x1080px
bad character
>>
>>173707472
Which one?
>>
>>173800009
>Raiding that pirate ship with my freshly hacked robot doggo was cool.
What game are you even talking about?
>>
>Get cigarettes
fuck you too game
>>
File: file.png (551KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
551KB, 1920x1080px
Even when it's an S-tier chest it has to pick the one thing that's bad for robot.
>>
File: edge-o-meter.gif (450KB, 3100x3000px) Image search: [Google]
edge-o-meter.gif
450KB, 3100x3000px
How the fuck do you beat the Enchantress in New Game Plus of Specter of Torment?

Everything was going smooth in NG+ until I got up to her. Fuck.
>>
>Hammer hits me in forge
>Knocks me off the ledge too
>2 hits gone
>>
>>173804870
Stop being a bitch. Worked for me.
>>
File: file.png (829KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
829KB, 1920x1080px
so close, but the wrong boots
>>
>>173805380
Have you ever posted something that wasn't complaining?
>>
>playing Pillar of Eternity
>accidentally wipe out an entire cult dedicated to Woegina or whatever
>feel like I fucked up
>nobody tells me anything about it
Ummm... Yay?
>>
>>173806021
It was a secret cult.

Why do you think they were sitting in the catacombs under a ruined temple?
>>
>>173806336
Well, I understood from a discussion with a ghost that they were worshipping the Goddess of Oaths, or something.

To be frank, last time I played the game was 2 months ago. I don't even remember why I was looking after Woegia.
I'm also a bit annoyed that the level 1 adventurer that I recruited got knocked out and thus didn't made any XP.
>>
Yooka-Laylee BTFO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKNJJVEEVk
>>
File: edge farmer.png (7KB, 888x498px) Image search: [Google]
edge farmer.png
7KB, 888x498px
>>173806513
>that entire video
>>
>>173806638
You want edgy? I'll give ya edgy!

*slowly pulls out SMG...*
>>
>>173806765
*slashes your smg in half before you finish pulling it out*
Hmph..
>>
File: file.png (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>173805561
Very frequently. I was kind of complaining about robot but that last one was more of a "well that sucks" because I had gotten alien engine on zone 1. It was also just a thing to keep the thread bumped.

I do also post win screens too. Almost entirely in part that armor actually fucking dropped for once. Stout bullets and euphoria are ok too.
>>
>>173806513
dunkey already talked shit on it so RIP
>>
>>173807936
He did but it was pretty odd.

"This is just like banjo tooie...that game sucked"
>>
>>173808937
Wasn't Banjo & Kazooie very good or something?
>>
>>173809138
Yea banjo kazooie was a great game and is this game yooka laylee is directly trying to recreate (also DK64 too).

Dunkey for some reason didn't like Banjo Tooie, which was the sequel. He thought the levels were too big or something, and then he said yooka laylee had more or less the same problems.

To my knowledge tooie is as beloved as kazooie to most people, so "It's bad just like tooie" is far from a damning statement.
>>
>>173809276
>levels were too big
Unless they're big and empty, that's hardly an issue.

That reminds me, wasn't there some SM64/Sunshine-like game? I remember seeing the beta at AGDQ.
>>
>>173809604
A Hat in Time has been in development since like 2011.

It might come out eventually but I'm not holding onto hope at this rate
>>
2012, not 2011
>>
>>173809138
No it really was not.
>>
>>173806513
Honestly, with all respect for Jim's work as a journalist, his review scores are often a wank. I get the feeling that he did that just to draw some attention to his blog.
>>
>>173776904
>12.7mm sniper rifle
>dayyum
...Although, that would be kind of a waste in cramped underground tunnels, wouldn't it?
>>
>>173811259
Oh that's the jimquisition video? I lost respect for him years ago.

Not to mention that it seems like every fading e-celeb gave botw a "low" score to get people talking about them again.

Does he not have a job at escapist anymore?
>>
>>173811259
You mean like that cunt who announced he wouldn't be reviewing No Man's Sky because it wasn't No Woman's Sky?
>>
>>173811361
Underrail tunnels are hardly cramped, they are actually quite spacious and full of open areas. Some caves tunnels are kinda tight but other than that there's plenty of space.

Also Black Arrow actually sucks major ass gameplay-wise because it has very low critical damage and critical damage is what sniper rifles are all about.
>>
>>173794018
WHAT?
There's a celebration scene now?
How much more expanded it is?
You ARE talking about Trials in Tainted Space, right?
>>
>>173812068
No, it's Trails in the Sky.
>>
>>173809138
It's debatable. Thing is, I've read an article about Yooka-Laylee from a pretty diehard Banjo-Kazooie (and Tooie) fan and he thought Yooka-Laylee is very disappointed. He even went back to the Banjo games recently and still loved them, so it sounds like Yooka is just a disappointing game in comparison
>>
File: 1299235988152.jpg (57KB, 466x500px) Image search: [Google]
1299235988152.jpg
57KB, 466x500px
>>173800009
>hacked robot doggo
ayy, my nigger
Also, fucking that merc captain until she was nothing more than a sticky, moaning, panting mess was fun
>>
>>173812263
How much bad end stuff is there? The one time I played it I got abducted by some mercs or something and got turned into a breedig bitch it was nice
>>
>>173811962
Ah, makes sense.
I just started playing it. Love it so far
What would you say is the most powerful/effective weapon all-round in the game?
>>
>>173812263
>>173812393
What the fuck.
>>
>>173812635
what you've never played a porn game before
>>
File: 1487899909908.jpg (56KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1487899909908.jpg
56KB, 500x522px
>>173812393
Hrnng yeah some of the bad ends are surprisingly good despite(/due to) their depravity.
Not sure specifically, but I think there's a handful

>>173812635
lol, you're in for a ride
it's one of the few games that'll make you dehydrated from playing it
>>
>>173812746
I did, but on /d/. Not on /vg/.

>>173812778
Your picture is cute.
>>
>>173812864
>I did, but on /d/. Not on /vg/.
There's like 4 dedicated porn game generals on here.
>>
>>173800009
Anno is best doggo though
She's such a good girl
>>
Hey, about Pillars of Eternity... Do the monsters respawn? I'm worried about that level 1 monk I hired being a dead weigh. Or about running out of money.

Is it even indie? I know it had a kickstarter, but...
>>
>If you hover over the yellow chamber in the map view it'll sometimes turn into 6 eyes or the item will melt and turn into one giant eye
top spook
>>
>>173813272
It didn't have a publisher, so technically it's indie, even though the large team and Paradox as a distributor kind of pushes this to be a borderline case. But who cares, it can be discussed here anyway.

Also, nothing respawns.
>>
>>173812489
>What would you say is the most powerful/effective weapon all-round in the game?
None really.

Full psi is pretty much the strongest possible build in the game just because of how much options they have, closely followed by psi monks (unarmed with psychokinesis psi that augments your unarmed damage amongst other things), snipers and tanky assault rifle builds.

All the other stuff are slightly less effective but totally viable and fun. Pistols and chemical pistols are considered the weakest (that said, pistol make great secondary weapons on sniper builds for example) but I did finish the game with a pistol only build and never really struggled except for fighting burrowers early game where AP ammo is hard to come by.

Styg has a really nice design philosophy where every build is balanced against the game content rather than each other, so while there is some disparity between them in terms of how powerful they are, all of them are viable and feel unique.
>>
>>173814062
Well, fuck. So it's like Bound By Flames, I'll eventually get underleveled.
>>
>>173813272
>Do the monsters respawn?
No and even if they did, you stop getting XP after killing a set amount of a certain enemy type.

Which is fine by itself, but the problem is they gave very little XP to begin with, so XP from killing stuff is actually a very little chunk of total XP you get, most of it is from quests.
>>
>>173814119
Thanks for the summary!

>nice design philosophy
Yeah, I'm loving this game more and more by the minute.
Can't wait to get an OCD hoarder palace like >>173776904
>>
>>173814258
That actually stresses me, because quests are finite, so I'll eventually run out of them and be unable to level my heroes.
>>
>>173814448
I played PoE right after release so maybe it's no longer the case, but I hit the level cap way before the game ended.
>>
>>173814258
>you get most XP from quest
>not much from killing
Huh? Is that common among RPGs?
>>
>>173814810
They actually drastically decreased the amount of XP you can get since then. At first they only nerfed the bounty quest rewards, then if I remember correctly they too this even further with other quests, or further decreasing the bounty quests, or something like that, since people still kept complaining about hitting level cap too early.
>>
>>173815161
Everything you say scares me more and more.
>>
>>173814928
No, not really. Some other RPGs do it as well, like Bloodlines for example, but it's not common.

PoE tried to be unique in that regard and award XP/reveal monster stats in the bestiary for killing mosters but stop giving XP after you learn everything about them.

This sounds nice and immersive in theory, but the numbers are simply too small.

Underrail did it much better, you also get limited XP from killing enemies after you max their oddities, but XP they give is actually pretty big and it takes longer to max them out.

That and level ups in Underrail is something you always crave while level ups in PoE are rather underwhelming. I literalyl can't wait to up my skills and get new feats in Underrail because all of them are significant, meanwhile in PoE I dound myself spreading the skills randomly halfway through because I already maxed what I wanted and the rest was useless.
>>
>>173815535
I dunno, the idea of having limited ressources always stresses me. Whether it's crystal/wood/food in strategy games or gold/XP in RPGs.

Also, you would probably like Divinity : Original Sin, the combats in there are really fun. Last time I played it, an enemy throw a poisoned bottle at me, that created a cloud, so I teleported him in the cloud he created himself, and set him on fire.
>>
File: ZCqsnB.png (201KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ZCqsnB.png
201KB, 1366x768px
After quitting it like five times after playing 10 minutes, I'm finally warming up to this game.

Some things about it are really rough. Cycling through five-six turns twiddling my thumbs if an enemy wants to flee is annoying as fuck, and I really hate that there are no item descriptions whatsoever. Like, what the hell. How am I supposed to know what the dick am I buying if the only thing the game tells me is its name?

But exploration is really nice. I like looking for secrets, and the occasional TRUST NO ONE and EVERYONE IS SECRETLY EVIL hints are amusing. I like that healing is expensive as fuck and I'm never sure if I'll be able to afford it, I like looking for hidden magic teachers, I like that you actually have to explore fairly carefully if you want to find dungeons, and I enjoy the lack of map. Also the seasons and how they change the maps and open up or close off certain locations is something I always wished more games would implememt.
>>
>>173815813
Personal prefrence I guess. I like limited resources because they usually force me to use them wisely and come up with different tactics/strategies or to improvise on the fly in case I want to preserve them for later or run out.

It makes the game more interesting to me, adds another factor to take into consideration and makes for really unique, memorable moments.

Nothing like playing New Vegas with JSawyer that heavily limits your carry weight, almost running out of 5.56 ammo in the middle of an irradiated vault infested with ghouls, only to find a reloading bench and make a whole bunch of 5.56 using spend 5,56 cases and the lead/powder/primers from 5mm I found earlier by sheer luck.
>>
>>173816524
I hate limited ressources because I have to plan meticulously what I'll do with them.

And if I have to think too hard, then it stop being fun for me, because sometimes I like just picking a gun, using it for a while, and then drop it and pick my usual flaming saturnite assisted fist.
You know, for variety, without having to replay the entire game.
>>
>>173815813
>>173816524
>>173816729
How is resources (particularly in terms of crafting ammo and consumables) handled in Underrail?
Limited? Very limited? ..or unlimited as long as you have the money? (In which case, is money limited?)
>>
>>173816936
I have no idea, I was asking about Pillars of Eternity, in which apparently ressources are plentiful, but ultimately finite.
>>
>>173816936
You'll be swimming in resources. Finding truly exceptional ones sometimes takes time and luck, but you don't really have to worry about running out of stuff.

Ironically the harshest part of the game in terms of resource management are the first few hours, when you are still weak, have little dosh, even less scavenged stuff merchants are interested in, and rely almost completely on merchants for your gear. But after those first few hours all of this kind of stops mattering, and the only time it might come back is the final dungeon, if you enter it completely unprepared. But even then it probably won't.
>>
>>173816936
Resources are basically only limited very early in the game and very late in the game, at least most of them.

Early game, you won't have access to a lot of resources like AP ammo or hypos/psi boosters simply because traders stock very few, you are using a lot of them and money is still an issue.

Very late in the game you are thrown into a mega dungeon with limitied resources, mainly health hypos, antidotes and special ammo types. You can access two traders if you play your cards right though, one who sells small amounts of hypos/antidotes and one who sells some AP ammo, but it's still going ot be an issue. Better come with tons of it.

Other than that, some stuff like special ammo types and certain drugs/explosives are only accessible with crafting and might require things that are hard to get in big amounts.

For example, pic related is a craft only drug that requires gizzards enzymes and nidamental gel .

Gizzards enzymes can be obtained from borer gizzards, but you need to reach Foundry to get them first. There are plenty of to borers to kill there and oyu most likely will never run out of gizzards once you kill a bunch borers, but gotta get there first.

Nidamental gel can be obtained from demon squids, but to get them you need to fish for them. You can usually catch them deep in the cave waters, I even remember there is a certain spot that has demon squids almost exclusively, but gotta find it first and spend tons of time to fish.
>>
File: Bullhead.png (13KB, 425x252px) Image search: [Google]
Bullhead.png
13KB, 425x252px
>>173817805
Forgot pic.
>>
>>173817318
>>173817805
>>173817969
Holy crap, thanks for the info

This game just keeps getting better and better
>>
I saw someone mentioning Grim Dawn earlier. Can I reinstall that game now? Is it good?
>>
>>173812068
Nope I was talking about Trails in the Sky. I enjoyed it so much I bought the sequel right after I finished it today.
>>
>>173818376
I see. How would you compare it to classical jrpgs like Chrono Trigger, FF, Golden Sun and the like?
>>
>>173818236
> Can I reinstall that game now?
There is an expansion on the way, will probably be released by the end of this year. Might want to wait for it.

>Is it good?
Have you played Titan Quest? Because it's basically Titan Quest with improved mechanics and set in a post-apocalyptic victorian setting with swords, shields, early firearms, magic, cults, necrormancy transdimensional beings that invaded the world, etc..
>>
>>173818474
Way WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than those in gameplay, customisation and especially writing.
>>
>>173818748
I'm asking is it good because last time I played, it has some nice ideas (like food being passive health that restored your main health) that felt short (because you quickly get the magical staff +9 of undiluded vampirism of the fleeing cricket that gives you +25% HP each time you hit something).
>>
>>173819160
Shieet.
I'm going to have to try it out
Thanks
>>
>>173819160
I have pretty fond memories of Final Fantasy VII and all the fun spells you had to make the monsters' lives miserable (and of course bosses were immune because fuck you). Does Trails in the Sky allows me to be a dick too?

Diablo 2 too had really fun curses with the necromancers. It also had no shitty cooldowns like Diablo 3 have.
>>
>>173818748
>Because it's basically Titan Quest with improved mechanics
Not him but Titan Quest got me into the genre. Is there a quick rundown to what is different in mechanics?
>>
>>173819183
>that felt short (because you quickly get the magical staff +9 of undiluded vampirism of the fleeing cricket that gives you +25% HP each time you hit something).
Game gets progressivley harder. Early game is very easy, get a little more challenging towards the end.

The real difficulty starts on elite and ultimate diffiulty setting after you beat the game on normal. It's pretty standard in ARPGs.
>>
>>173819441
I think I gave up a bit after you left the mines and met the two cults, the necromancers one and the paladins one.

The reputation system makes it feel like an offline MMORPG.
>>
File: Devotion_FullView.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Devotion_FullView.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>173819414
>Is there a quick rundown to what is different in mechanics?
Everything is basically is the same, calculations, formulas etc.

It's mostly some small improvements and additions, like limited constitution bar that refills your HP when not in combat, pic related that is basically another layer of customization with different bonuses you unlock by finding shrines in the game, more damage types etc.

It really is basically a huge mod for Titan quest.
>>
>>173819592
>The reputation system makes it feel like an offline MMORPG
ARPGs in general can feel like offline MMOs in some aspects. Grinding is pretty essential for both.
>>
>>173819323
Your spells are build by your orbs you put in your orbment. What spells need what elementals is explained in your bracer book you get early on. There are cooldowns, quite big even, but there are also faster cast orbs which go really well with any caster.
For making monsters life miserable you would probably rely on orbs that put 10% effect chance on your melee attacks.
>>
>>173819738
Sounds great.
For that picture: Can you undo points when you want?
>>
>>173819870
I dunno, my reference for RPGs is Diablo 2, so I compare everything to it.
I usually consider that when :
>quests hands reward or money instead of other stuff
>you have cooldowns or restrictions of any kind on potions or spells
Then your game is pretty meh. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing was pretty terrible, in my opinion, but Diablo 3 is pretty lame too.
>no mana potions
>cooldown on spells
>yet you have mana
Either you have mana and potions, or you don't have mana but cooldowns! Not both!

>>173819897
Kinda like Path of Exiles?
>>
>>173820092
Way less excessive than the FFX/PoE board but offers still a wide variety of customisation with orb setups. Every character has orb lines which destinies how well they work as caster because elements need to be on one line.
This girl is average on everything so I but high defense, water for healing and fast cast on her which made her a very useful member in hard fights even without big damage output.
>>
>>173820030
>Can you undo points when you want?
Yes.

This is actually a major part of the whole system- each constellation requires specific amount of certain affanity that is gained from unlocking other constellations.

Example: the first constellation, "crossroads" doesn't have a requirement and is unlocked by deafult. You spend a point in it that gives you +15 offensive ability and one point of eldritch affinity.

This unlocks the "Hawk" constellation that requires one point of eldritch affinity to be unlocked. You now spend 3 points in it, which awards you with +15 offenisve ability, +8% crit damage, +4% offensive ability and 3 points of eldritch affinity.

Now this is where undoing your points comes into play- constellations can support their own requirements. So you can take that single point out of "crossroads", since those 3 points completing "hawk" gave you is enough to fullfil its requirement.
>>
>>173820873
so it's garment grids except with POE gems
neat
>>
>>173820092
>Either you have mana and potions, or you don't have mana but cooldowns! Not both!
Why not though?

Cooldowns prevent you from spamming abilites that would be too powerful if allowed to be spammable. Mana wouldn't work in that case since it stil would allow you to spam the ability multiple times in a short period of time, just for a shorter period of time.

Mana for example prevents you from using powerful channeled abilites without working on your mana regen. Cooldowns wouldn't work in this case since the whole concept of channeled abilites wouldn't work with them.

Also, mana prevents you from using multiple powerful abilites in a row since they all have their own individual cooldowns that are not shared.
>>
>>173821530
That's retarded, because it forces you to wait between each wave to recover your spells instead of just chugging down potions (or save them for the boss). It restricts your options and force you to play the way the devs intended.
>>
>>173821831
>That's retarded, because it forces you to wait between each wave to recover your spells instead of just chugging down potions (or save them for the boss).
The other alternative is being able to spam the ability. That would necessitate all abilites to be weak enough to be spammable without breaking the game.

> It restricts your options
Making everything spammable is far more restricting and homogenizes all skills.

Not to mention, the game has options that allows you to overcome restrictions that both mana and cooldowns introduce, in the form of cooldown/mana cost reductions.

The thing is you have to actually build for them and make sacrifices and as such the game becomes more diverse with different builds rather than making everything spammable.

> force you to play the way the devs intended
You are always forced to play the way devs intended, what are you even talking about? They designed the game. You are quite literally playing by their rules. Anything that devs didn't intend to work the way it does it is either a bug or something that will be patched out.
>>
>>173822606
Diablo 2 did it fine, it allowed you to use powerful abilities without cooldown.
The mana cost was insane but nobody stopped you from spamming curses, even on enemies that were already cursed.
>>
>>173791628
>>173791767
>>173792728
>>173793654
It seems to be a trend with these types of KS games. They're based solely on trying to recreate a hugely popular genre from the past, they get a fuckton of money as a result of said nostalgia, and the end product is at best a mediocre facsimile that only mimics the old stuff and at worst is a really pale imitation.

Broken Age was a bad PaC adventure game, MN9 was a bland Megaman clone, and I guess YL is doing slightly better in just being a mediocre Banjo clone.
>>
>>173822945
Diablo 2 doesn't have true nukes that do a lot in a short amount of time. It does have powerful abilites, but all of them need to be spammed.

Let's be honest here, D2 was all about spamming a few abilites all the goddamn time. Cooldowns allow for more powerful abilites that need to be used once in a while.

Different designs, saying that cooldowns are stupid because they don't follow the specific design of D2 is stupid,.
>>
File: 1416765072387.gif (233KB, 233x228px) Image search: [Google]
1416765072387.gif
233KB, 233x228px
>>173823850
Add Armikrog to that list.
>>
>>173823862
>if I don't agree, then it's stupid
I wish I figured out earlier that you were just shitposting.
>>
>>173824445
No, I specifically said why it's stupid. It's stupid because you imply that everything has to follow and cannot deviate fromt D2 design, which is simply not true.
>>
>>173815813
In my opinion Bloodlines handled "limited" XP system really well

Basically you get XP only for finishing quests, but there's no leveling and each XP point is basically a skillpoint which has very serious impact on character progression (skill levels go on scale from 0 to 5, e.g. level 1 dementia causes victim to laugh hysterically, but level 3 dementia insta-kills).

It completely eliminated grinding but it worked more or less only because quests were very very interesting. Downside is that there's barely any exploration or content in the game outside of quests.
>>
File: moebius.jpg (38KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
moebius.jpg
38KB, 460x215px
>>173823850
Let's not forget the Gabriel Knight clone. Bonus points for having the same writer/director/composer team.
>>
>>173822945
>The mana cost was insane but nobody stopped you from spamming curses, even on enemies that were already cursed.
Curses in D2 didn't stack, so spamming them had no effect on the game. It just allowed you to curse more enemies.

Also D2 spell design wasn't that good if you look back at how people would min-max the game. It gave you a very large skill tree but didn't give much freedom within one specific build.

Van Helsing 1-2 skill system was much more fun IMO, and it had both mana and cooldowns.
>>
Can someone help me remember the name of an indie game, it was 2D pixel art, main character had an orange scarf and there were large monsters, lots of snow. Obviously souls inspired. I remember hearing about it quite a bit about 2 years ago but it seems to have dropped off the radar.
>>
>>173824815
Bloodlines. You mean the First Person one, or the one with a party?

>>173825438
>Curses in D2 didn't stack, so spamming them had no effect on the game. It just allowed you to curse more enemies.
Exactly. Fucking up a click had less consequences in D2 than in D3, since you could recast it instantly. In Diablo 3, if you fuck up a confusion spell, the cooldown is something like 15 seconds. Usually enough to either have your shit pushed in, or have everything already dead.

>>173825675
If it was just a orange scarf, I'd say Furi, but 2D pixel art... Doesn't ring a bell, sorry.
>>
>>173825842
Bloodlines was the first person one. Party one was called Redemption.
>>
>There's still a lot of content to be added, quests to be implemented and that sort of stuff. But the good news is that we're pretty close to wrapping up all the major new features that will be added in the expansion.

>We did make the expansion a bit too ambitious, but hopefully it will pay off. But even if it doesn't, you guys will ultimately still profit from it with the only cost being your patience.

Hmm. This is good news, but he did not deny the speculation that the expansion won't be coming out this year. Ah well. I can wait, I just hope they are not risking too much on this expansion.
>>
>>173825934
Ha, yeah. Bloodlines was pretty fun, but I was always at a loss about what to do next.

Plus I always felt bad for giving the trinket to the insane sister, dooming the ghosts to eternal suffering, as well as yelling when I met that dinosaur in the museum.
>>
>>173826163
Which game are you talking about?
>>
>>173818079
I enjoy your enthusiasm, anon. It was so good to play this game for the first time. It still manages to give me almost as much enjoyment hundreds of hours later, but the first time is still special.
>>
So since people are talking about Grim Dawn, what is your favorite thing you ever built for those who play it?

Mind was a grenado/canister bomb spamming Pyromancer. I would map grenado to left click and canister bomb to right click and start spamming both buttons hoping that Ulzuin's Chosen would multicast the two spells many times. So many bosses got instagibbed from this shit and I wasn't even that squishy because of how godlike blast shield is.
>>
Is Dr Quacks quiz some kind of joke. I suddenly realized I blocked those parts from the original game from memory and the malaise makes me want to uninstall it right now.
>>
File: Expedition.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Expedition.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>173826692
Underrail and its upcoming expansion. We don't really have any idea when it's going to come out, but at this point they've been working on it for over a year. That's a lot.
>>
File: psionics.jpg (61KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
psionics.jpg
61KB, 640x425px
>>173824256
Aww SHIT NIGGA, Neverhood!
Damn, that's a mystifying and great game.
I remember there was this super long wall filled with parts of the world's creation myth. I read through the whole damn thing.
I was so intrigued when I found out about Armikrog, holy crap.

>>173826697
You know what really made me happy (for some reason)? Real-time regeneration psi points!
For some reason I just love the idea and feel of it. (Instead of having to use psi-"potions" or having to rest, etc.)
>>
>>173826697
For me the first time iwas even more special because it was still in early access.

>get stuck in the Tchortist elevator
>well that's it for now folks thanks for playing!
>Styg and the team went for vacation
I don't think I have ever been so impatient waiting for a video game.

>>173827128
I don't see any news on the forums.
>>
>>173827224
>For some reason I just love the idea and feel of it. (Instead of having to use psi-"potions" or having to rest, etc.)
Fun fact, psi used to regenerate only around mindshrooms a long time ago when the game was still in beta.
>>
>>173807354
do you go to oubliette just checking
>>
>>173827571
>beta
Alpha, my bad.

First you could regenerate psi points up to 40% around shrooms, later picking them up gave you 15, later psi was redesigned.
>>
>>173791971
Some surprisingly nice tunes too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3iwZHPCh6o
>>
>>173827275
I really wish I've been playing since the beginning. I didn't really understand what you guys meant by the EA having this episodic style with constant foreshadowing, but after playing the demo I think I get the idea. And it's really cool. It's almost like the timeline got slightly altered with updates, like how in the demo the earthquake damaged level 4, so it was not accessible yet. So you get all these NPCs talking about it, and it's kind of really cool in hindsight.

Except does this mean that some people had been waiting for Abram to finally move his ass to Junkyard, only for it to never happen? Ouch.

Also, this post was in the Codex thread.
>>
>>173827768
I do if I have an abundance of keys but not all the time, and certainly not during the robot run.
>>
>>173827128
>they've been working on it for over a year. That's a lot.
Underrail took 7 years, 4 of which were Styg making the engine and drawing stuff in paint.

A year is not that much.

>>173828059
>this post was in the Codex thread
Link?
>>
>>173828226
you should probably start prioritizing it over floor 1 chests unless maybe black chest. more money. more bonuses. more chests. guaranteed shield altar. easiest boss in the game. chance at abbey once you feel like a high roller. be brave friendo, luck can't favor you if you don't give it as many chances as possible to do so
>>
>>173827571
>>173827846
Whew. Well, I'm glad they redesigned it

Also, the picture in >>173827224
gives me tingles and inspiration
>>
>>173828245
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/underrail-the-incline-awakens-released.105387/page-256

I'm not saying that a year is much as criticism, just that a year in general is an uncharacteristically long time for an expansion. And it's probably going to take around a year and a half, maybe even two years in total. That's just not something that normally happens. At least I can't think of many examples.
>>
>>173828525
Well I never have to play robot again so I don't have to worry that much about it.

Blobulord is easy but the pooplord is one of my least favorite enemies.

Like I said, I'll often go there if I have the keys for it, but not always.
>>
>>173828691
yeah pooplords are the fucking worst I feel that.
still
if the rainbow chest isn't on floor 1
is it really worth a green chest to miss the rainbow chest in the oubliette?
>>
>>173829359
>Rainbow Chest
It's never worth missing Oubliette in general.
>Easy boss
>Only two annoying enemy types that can spawn here
>A ton of Brass
>An extra pedestal reward
>A full floor of potential key drops
>2 extra chests if good keys
>An extra shop
>>
>>173828665
>I'm not saying that a year is much as criticism, just that a year in general is an uncharacteristically long time for an expansion
Well, 7 years is uncharacteristically long time for a game, isn't it?

It's to be expected. Styg has a habit of coming up with more and more stuff to add as he goes. I'm guessing it's going to be a solid, old school expansion that could very well be a short game on its own.
>>
>>173829713
It's worth skipping Oubliette if you get a floor 1 Mimic Tooth Necklace from the Lock guy.
>>
>>173829713
I tried that
>>173828525
>>
>>173829359
I mean there could be a rainbow chest in the abbey too but old king is too much bullshit to do in a normal run. I beat him for the unlock and unless I'm insanely juiced I don't really think I'd bother with it.
>>
the abbey that is, i'll often bother with the oub
>>
So I just learned Styg made an interview with polish gaming site IGN and it just so happens I'm polish.

If anyone is interested:
The expansion is going to be big, "maybe even a little too big" as Styg said.

The expansion is supposed to take a little less time to beat than half of the base game- that's pretty damn long for an expansion, considering Underrail takes about 60-80 hours to beat if you do everything.

The game is also not going to come out in the first half of this year, that's for sure. They are in no rush and are going to take as much time as it gets to make it good.

Also, Styg said he wants to include more combat options that are not related to character stats- I'm guessing he means things like that gas tank in one of the teaser gifs.
>>
>>173830870
Based Styg
>>
>>173829842
Yeah, 7 years is a long time for sure. But this time it's different, isn't it? The first few years were silent, but by the time Styg came out and started talking about the game the demo/alpha was not that far away. A year maybe, I think. And since then, although the development time took much longer than what they originally expected, the playerbase was constantly engaged with periodic content updates.

There was, what, 8 months of silence between the last two patches? And the last one was big, alright. But not even close to the scale the alpha updates used to be. And Styg said they might not do another patch before the release of the expansion. So this kind of silent, behind the scenes development is new for long-time followers of Underrail, no? Unusual even for this game.
>>
>>173831165
Styg said we can expect a new dev long this month.

It's not like he's silent either-he still does post on the forums from time to time.
>>
File: 1492039091984.jpg (26KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492039091984.jpg
26KB, 512x512px
>>173819160
>Better than Chrono Trigger
Please explain yourself.
>>
>>173831384
And it's strange because this is the "traditional" method, one you usually see devs adopting for new games. Expansions on the other hand are rarely done with this approach, mainly because they don't tend to get this kind of extended development time.

Again, this is not criticism. Just observation and simple curiosity on my part. Makes me wonder if they do a sequel, which method are they going to choose. The traditional, work on the game, share some info every once in a while, then release when it's done, like most rpg devs do? Or do the episodic Early Access style again?

This time they already have the rule system down, even if a sequel will almost certainly make changes to it. So maybe large-scale fan feedback is no longer required, eliminating the need of an EA, unless they run into budget problems.
>>
>>173831497
Oh yeah Chrono Trigger is probably the best game ever if you play literally nothing that isn't mainstream
>>
>>173831497
not him, but

>customization
there isn't a whole lot of that in Chrono Trigger

>writing
Chrono Trigger just doesn't have enough content to compete. Time marches on, friend.
>>
>>173832858
>>173833069
Oh, what's this?

Too cool Chrono Trigger now?
>>
>>173830870
>The expansion is supposed to take a little less time to beat than half of the base game

So that's what
>The time it takes to make the transition is likely to be slightly less than half the time it takes to move the cradle, but if it goes to new areas, then maybe there will be more.
was supposed to mean! This had been bugging me since I've google translated that interview some weeks ago.
>>
>>173833180
same to you, you couldn't even make a time pun? low effort
>>
>>173833242
>>The time it takes to make the transition is likely to be slightly less than half the time it takes to move the cradle
wew
>>
File: tumblr_nj7sxgrrMF1u0tpkho3_1280.png (749KB, 793x588px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj7sxgrrMF1u0tpkho3_1280.png
749KB, 793x588px
monster girl gamu!
>>
File: Snake-Pass-Earth-Screenshot-.jpg (244KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
Snake-Pass-Earth-Screenshot-.jpg
244KB, 1500x844px
Snake Pass is great. Great physic platformer with a collect-a-thon side line. This year is pretty great so far indie game wise.
>>
>>173835896
I need.
>>
>>173835896
So she's Jake?
>>
>>173836176
her name is skelly!
>>
>>173835896
Oh right. That's a game. Any actually good girls?
>>
>>173836398
all of them!
>>
File: file.png (3KB, 116x50px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3KB, 116x50px
>>173836264
Did I stutter
>>
>>173835896
That font makes my eyes bleed.
Is that babby's first VN?
>>
>>173836767
It's the first big one!
>>
>>173835896
>bone babe isn't even centered in the box
>that awful font
Come on man
>>
File: Untitled.png (925KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
925KB, 1920x1080px
>Oh, so I gotta survive in Underhang for 4 cycles until I can open that fucking door
>At least there's only liz-
>>
File: ImageGlass_2017-04-12_22-14-31.png (50KB, 1562x687px) Image search: [Google]
ImageGlass_2017-04-12_22-14-31.png
50KB, 1562x687px
What do you think of this Eden's soul sprite alternative?
>>
>>173840135
As a sprite in general, better.
As an active item, awful.
>>
>Praying to the lich shrine gives you 9 curse
neato
>>
File: ImageGlass_2017-04-12_22-48-07.png (8KB, 362x371px) Image search: [Google]
ImageGlass_2017-04-12_22-48-07.png
8KB, 362x371px
>>173840135
Dataminer
>>
>>173835896
link
>>
>>173841326
Only if you beat that character's past.
>>173842553
This on the other hand is multiple factors better than the current version in every way.
>>
>>173830870
Please add cyberkatanas
>>
>>173827128
>it's going to take us seven years to get on this boat
>>
>>173823850
Takedown Red Sabre is the worst of all of them.
>>
Are Delver or Ziggurat any good
I feel blueballed after playing Eldritch and realizing how little content it had and these seem like the most similar games
>>
>>173848896
I kinda liked Ziggurat. It's the only game of that kind that I actually finished. Twice, even.

Praying to gods is still RNG and you have that shitty blur when you get hit that make sure you'll get hit a second time, but compared to Tower of Guns, it's kinda fun.
>>
>>173791628
Dr Quack's quizzes instantly makes it 4/10 software. The fact they included it and put so many of them in shows they instead of capturing the spirit of the originals they set out to make a carbon copy of those games with all the good and bad. Problem is without the substantial Nintendo budget, development time, polish, experienced development team the cracks really show.
Some of the main Rare employees they have didnt even work on Banjo besides voices, and some only worked on it for the last few months. Their credentials cant even guarantee quality if Mayles can put out a design as unattractive as Yooka and Laylee.

A Hat in Time is taking forever but I feel it will be a much better game overall.
>>
>>173848896
Ive just started Delver but I got tired of Ziggurat fast. There's a moderate amount of variety in enemies but theres little content and its drip fed to you. It really depends on how you feel about its core gameplay mechanics and how you still feel about it 20 minutes later.
>>
>>173828059
It was great. Tanner's involvement in the plot was built up perfectly, all the way to the release version from the forums early "unofficial final quest" of killing everyone in SGS.

>>173829842
>a habit of coming up with more and more stuff to add as he goes
No, it's the opposite. He always plans much more than can be realistically accomplished and makes way too optimistic time estimates, only to cut features/content down to something manageable when he starts to get an idea how long it would take.

Anyways, a major reason the expansion is taking so long is because they're also doing (or they've done, I should say) some major changes to the base game, mostly under-the-hood stuff but also some nice things. The next devlog might be about one such nice thing, at least I hope so. I've been hyped about it for too long.

>>173831165
Longer delays between updates is nothing new. They also finished DC in one go. Took about 8 months from the institute elevator to 1.0 release.

>>173832367
Who knows, they might do some kind of alpha/beta again once it's close to finished. Styg likes iterative development and they still don't have any QA or testers on the payroll, so might as well let the players participate in pre-release testing.

>>173827571
>>173828642
Fun Fact #2 - technically they just went back to the original system. The very early pre-alpha versions (back when the game was real-time rather than turn-based) also had regenerating psi.
>>
>Five Pebbles
IS THERE NO FOOD HERE?
>>
>>173851945
eat the floating brain things. No repercussions since Fives has plenty of them
You also permanently glow in the dark which is handy as hell
>>
>>173852298
Wait. Those give you food pips?
>>
>>173851712
>fun fact #2
Huh, neat.
Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to pause the game outside of combat, and I don't suppose there is.
..but it sure would've been nice.
>>
>>173852598
yup. Be careful chasing them as those blue cunts daddy long legs arent ever far away
>>
>>173852630
Pause? Welp you can always hit esc to bring up the main menu for afk pause or enter turn-based mode for "tactical" pause. There's really no need for RTwP-style pause in a TB game.
>>
>>173853006
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'd like for space to be a hotkey for entering combat, though, instead of the numpad enter key.
>>
>>173853071
So rebind it?
>>
File: 1395036403804.jpg (74KB, 402x424px) Image search: [Google]
1395036403804.jpg
74KB, 402x424px
>>173853163
oh shit
>>
>>173852738
Yeah, I noticed.
>Fly left in huge tunnel
>Tentacled fuck
>Take right path instead of up at first junction
>Tentacled fucks
>Go into side path in huge tunnel
>Leads right by a habitat and into a billion tentacled fucks
>>
File: 20170411000556_1.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170411000556_1.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>173853319
If you piss them off enough theyll follow you through tunnels
>>
>>173853582
I've found they do that in general if you make noise near a tunnel.
>>
A starving starting Dev here. Idea is, game is top down with gun, a peashooter almost but used to lock on, and a rushdown, grab, dash. On some enemies, especially bosses, you enter a 2D sidescrolling section with the rushed enemy, or enemy's inner world, Megaman zero style. Yes, you have close range weaponry then. The world itself would also have side scrolling sections and top Down sections.

Could this work?
>>
>>173855414
>Could this work?
List your skills and qualifications. Be as specific as you'd like.
>>
>>173855491
While I understand why me listing them might help, I just wanted to know if it's possible to make a game that utilizes both of these styles without automatically being declared as not good simply due to this mix.

mainly because as a still in college person that's going to work on this with highly motivated group of people with eclectic set of skills, listing qualifications or skills could result in disgust
>>
>>173855993
>>173855414
If you don't fuck it up or half ass it, it can work
>>
>>173855414
>and a rushdown, grab, dash
I'm not clear on what this means. While I don't want to go as far as >>173855491 , in terms of storyboarding you need to be clearer than this with the initial concept.

There will definitely need to be effort put into seamlessly transitioning between topdown and sidescroller, and which technique you use for that will be important.
>>
>>173855993
Sorry, it's just that ideas alone aren't enough and "idea guys" are worthless as devs. And on the contrary, even a shitty idea can make a good game.

So what can you do? Any programming experience? Art skills? Have you made any games before, maybe some simple school projects? Or any modding experience? Do you have any concrete idea about how you'd implement your game?
>>
>>173856162
Oh, story is being ironed out and mechanics will fit it, and vice versa. I was just curious if the gimmick of the game could work.

By rushdown, grab or dash I meant that after locking onto enemy, you can execute a dash towards them in straight line. On weaker enemies you grab them, possibly execute them. Stronger enemies, bosses and mini bosses would have you enter their "world". Fighting them in there not only deals damage but can disable parts of enemy of boss in the top down section and again vice versa
>>
>>173856387
Proficient in Java and some other Object oriented languages. Proficient in C. Begginer artist, I'd say Okay-ish story writer. On computer science in university, bachelor level. Skills of the rest of team vary.

Planning on working on this in Game Maker. If that were to not meet requirements, then Flixel. This has just begun so we are in early planning stages so no promises or webpage are made until something presentable enough is made.
>>
>>173856403
storyboarding does not refer to the story....it is primarily about showing the flow of an animation or event, and it applies just as well to how you intend major video game experiences, the "gimmick", to play out.

>By rushdown, grab or dash I meant that after locking onto enemy, you can execute a dash towards them in straight line. On weaker enemies you grab them, possibly execute them. Stronger enemies, bosses and mini bosses would have you enter their "world". Fighting them in there not only deals damage but can disable parts of enemy of boss in the top down section and again vice versa
that's much better.

My question now is: what is the purpose of the topdown mode? What can you accomplish in terms of shooting that can't be done in sidescroller mode? If you only have a basic gun used for locking on, why not use that gun in sidescrolling as well?
>>
>>173856387
>"idea guys" are worthless as devs
That's not entirely true, loads of positions on dev teams are basically just idea guys
Directors, writers, level designers, etc.
You just have to be able to express your ideas well

And also have good ideas in the first place, but that's another matter entirely
>>
>>173856704
>>173856387
there's also a growing need for "middleman" type devs, whose sole purpose is to take work from other devs and get them to be compatible with each other, like art/modelling and animation. How you communicate your ideas and get one dev's ideas to appear in the other dev's work can have value on its own.
>>
>>173856387
>>173856654
Attempts at game making were done early on, none published. None with any teams. No experience working in the VG industry.

This can result in either something decent, something okay-ish or a train wreck

>>173856678
That was a fuck up on my part, the storyboard bit.

360 degree shooting controls, for one. Puzzle segments on stage or Boss fights can be done in different manners and this would also allow for transition between boss phases being player dependent to a degree. it also allows for higher arsenal and such options in terms of weaponry and upgrades
>>
>>173857054
So there are other guns than the peashooter?

Those are fair points. In that case, the main difficulty would be the thing I mentioned earlier, about the technique you use to transition between modes. Letting upgrades affect play in both modes instead of separating them would also help.
>>
>>173856654
Hey, that's already better than I expected. But why game maker or flixel? Flash is dying fast and I can't think of much to say about game maker. I guess you have some experience them?

>>173856704
No, those are not idea guys. Those have real, applicable skills. Furthermore, you don't get into lead positions without real work experience in the industry.

By "idea guys" I mean faggots who want to make games because they have an abstract idea for one, but absolutely no useful skills nor even any idea what it takes to make complex software like games.
>>
>>173857439
If the only thing separating an idea guy from a developer is the specificity of the ideas then maybe you shouldn't use that term for it
There's a difference between the kind of faggots that say "I wish there was a game like X" and the kind of autists that write design documents for fun, and given that we're posting on an imageboard right now I would be inclined to more strongly associate "idea guys" with the latter
>>
>>173857720
No, the only thing separating them from developers is total lack of applicable skills. They can't program, they can't do art write, they can't compose music, etc. but hoo boy do they have IDEAS.
>>
>>173857439
>>173857417

I do have some Game Maker experience, worked a bit with it and I got license for it for a year, so might as well use it and dismiss it if it becomes a torture to use it for this game, or extend it if we are not limited by it

Yes, upgrades were meant to also affect both modes of play, and if time and effort is enough for us, there are plans of alternate routes, to alternate endings, resulting in upgrades being changed or affected depending on your path. It will be possible in this case to mix upgrades from different paths but that would result in neutral route due to not committing to either route fully.

I will pop in with link to webpage once progress is made. But I have to ask, out of curiosity. Were there any games that were popular enough, and at least one of devs discussed it on 4chan to gather this unfiltered anonymous opinion?
>>
>>173857865
I don't understand the question. I just give my opinions whenever I see someone ask.
>>
>>173858114
I meant: did a Dev of a game that made it big actually make a thread in v or visited a general for their game or series to see what was the opinion and/or complaints here? Genuinely curious on that
>>
>>173857831
And like I said, the proper expression of those ideas is an applicable skill
>>
>>173858326
Sure, that would be something I'd call a game designer.

But idea guys can't *design* games either. Their ideas are usually rather abstract and they lack the analytical ability to discern how and why games work the way they do. They have no concrete idea how to actually implement their ideas in a real tangible form, basically they couldn't even represent their gamemechanic ideas as pseudocode.

So yeah, I'm a little wary whenever someone opens up with "i have an awesome idea for a vidya", but thankfully >>173855414
isn't just an idea guy
>>
>>173858324
haven't seen that happen here, but I've only been here a few months.

I've seen one dev who went to /tg/ to discuss some stuff for his game where the game actually published, but I wouldn't say it's popular.
>>
File: IMG_3935.jpg (85KB, 1304x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3935.jpg
85KB, 1304x365px
>>173858526
Kamiya shitposted on 4chan
>>
>>173835896
This looks like ass in all aspects, to be honest
>>
>>173858324
Yes.

In some rare cases, devs/community managers who can take the abuse post on /vg/ with their reak identity. KSP had one such guy, but I haven't checked /kspg/ shitposting general in a long time.

I also know some devs who lurk anonymously and take feedback in. That might be a fairly common occurrence.
>>
>>173818376
I've loaded up my save and oh my god I can't remember what my orbments were set up for.
>>
>>173858324
I have a feeling that a lot of famous people shitpost on this site but never ever mention because of the whole "you don't talk about it" culture
>>
>>173858520
>But idea guys can't *design* games either
That's the thing though
Just designing a game with no code, art, sound and all that jazz is literally 100% ideas
Just knowing shit about vidya and being able to properly communicate your ideas doesn't make them anything more than that
>>
File: ImageGlass_2017-04-13_03-45-23.png (9KB, 408x381px) Image search: [Google]
ImageGlass_2017-04-13_03-45-23.png
9KB, 408x381px
>>173842553
>>
>>173858742
Was that actually Kamiya?
>>
>>173859826
He confirmed on twitter that it was him. The Captcha was also giving him trouble
>>
>>173848896
FPS roguelites are even worse than other roguelites

I've played Ziggurat, Tower of Guns, Eldritch, Heavy Bullets, Paranautical Activity and Fancy Skulls, neither of them are fun

Last two games are just poorly made garbage that doesn't control/look/sound passable
I did a couple of runs in Eldritch and felt really bored, mostly because stupid inventory system gives no sense of progression, combat is dull and locations are as interesting as randomly generated caves in minecraft. I might replay it to take a fresh look but I doubt I missed something good.
Ziggurat used to have very little content and it's also piss easy, I've cleared it on my first try on default settings. Other than that it had like what, 3-4 weapons and dozens of characters that have no gameplay differences?
Tower of Guns is fun until Sanctum, then it basically depends if RNG was generous to you on previous levels and your stats are high enough

Heavy Bullets is probably the only game worth playing because of it's gimmick, but you'll see 99% of content of the game in your first run.
>>
Here's fun mode:
Look for game called Fresh Body. Look at the official art that shows a girl, you will know it on steam. Read description.
Feeling hyped yet? Watch trailer and check other screenshots. YouTube it if you want. Be dissapointed in 3 seconds. Is it hard to get a game where you become a monster, a new type maybe from monster parts?
>>
File: 20170413041509_1.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170413041509_1.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
>>173859701
>>
File: 20170413041512_1.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170413041512_1.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>173861010
>>
File: 20170413040838_1.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170413040838_1.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
>>173840135
>>173840239
>>
>>173856704
>That's not entirely true, loads of positions on dev teams are basically just idea guys
>Directors, writers, level designers, etc.
>You just have to be able to express your ideas well
Ayylmao

Drawing is basically having an idea of a character's look and then being able to express that idea well with pencil
Programming is basically having an idea of some code and then being able to express that idea well in a programming language

Ideas on their own aren't worth shit until they're formalized, because only then you can see if it's any good, and then it can be iterated upon and improved, that's why words "idea guy" are used in a negative sense
>>
>>173861782
Knowing shit about your hobby and having a fair grasp on the language you speak is not a skill in the same way as being able to program or being able to into art
>>
>>173862016
Having fair grasp on the language you speak doesn't make you a good writer
Playing a lot of videogames doesn't make a you a good game designer
>>
can we all just agree that idea guys are cancer and stop trying to write a dictionary definition for it
>>
>>173862115
Every gamedev circle I'm in agrees ideaguys are the worst cancer.
>>
>>173862112
>Playing a lot of videogames doesn't make a you a good game designer
If you're going to misrepresent what I'm saying that hard maybe we're better off not talking about this
>>
>>173862330
Good
>>
>>173831497
Chrono Trigger is a good jrpg but just does not excell at anythingh but getting overhyped.
>>
File: 1325345085017.jpg (11KB, 217x240px) Image search: [Google]
1325345085017.jpg
11KB, 217x240px
>>173836131
>Snake Pass is great. Great physic platformer with a collect-a-thon side line.
>slide line
You cheeky man.
>>
>>173858324
Notch started on /v/.
>>
>>173865494
Chrono Trigger has a good time travel story, good combat, and amazing pacing
>>
>>173866002
>good time travel story
No such thing. Infact CTs time travel has so much wasted potential for the setting it is painful. Pacing is also barely there when one of the worst written bosses is there all the time.
>>
>>173866102
>trashtalking Lavos
KYS yourself til you RIP in pepperoni, gay faggot.
>>
Is there a RPG that'll allow me to fulfill my fantasy or throwing enemies down stairs, or even better, down a shaft, so I can hear them screaming as they're falling to their doom?
Something like Jedi Knight, but more RPGish and less shooty-shooty?
>>
>>173868159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c
>>
>>173868219
I heard about it, but is it good? Looks like kicking people is OP but not really satisfying, and that it's more about spikes than moats, lava, or stairs.
>>
>>173868159
dark messiah
>>
>>173868260
>is it good
It's ok, nothing to write home about.

>Looks like kicking people is OP but not really satisfying
It's pretty satysfying.

> it's more about spikes than moats, lava, or stairs
There is plenty of everything you can kick people in.
>>
>>173868472
Then it's about time I try it.
>>
>>173868260
>>173868507
It's one of the few games that allow you to kill most of the monsters indirectly.
Think slippery ice on a bridge, kicking people into spikes, throwing barrels at them...
>>
Can somebody recommend a game that is both spooky and comfy? That's my favorite combination.
>>
>>173870075
The Forest? Don't Starve?
>>
>>173870075
Subnautica
>>
>>173870226

Very good examples of the sort of atmosphere I mean, anon.
>>
>>173870307
So basically games where you build your own house and stay inside out of terror.
Let me think for a bit...
Maybe Project Zomboid, apparently you can build a lot of stuff in there (even including a reservoir that fills when it rains), and the zombies are shamblers instead of the running infected.
Otherwise, the usual open-world game, ARK (where you can shit in someone else's house, which is priceless), Kenshi (you can build your own village but it's beta, maybe even alpha).
>>
>>173870596
>ARK (where you can shit in someone else's house

Sold.
>>
>>173870714
You can also tame dinosaurs or something.
To be frank, I don't know much. I just watched a Youtube video, and saw a guy shit in another guy's house.

Since I'm immature, it made me laugh.
>>
>>173870714
Oh yeah, I also checked the wiki, to see if you can still shit in someone else's house.
You may love this :
>Human Feces can no longer be force fed to unconscious players to kill them.
>One way to kill yourself is to eat enough of your own Feces.
>>
>playing Torchlight 2
>discover that armor and elemental resistances are additive instead of percent based
>this means that armor and resistances are WORSE VERSIONS OF HEALTH in ALL CIRCUMSTANCES
>builds in Torchlight 2 therefore revolve around capping damage reduction and then stacking health with zero deviation

Holy fuck, what were they thinking?
>>
>>173871137
>discover that armor and elemental resistances are additive instead of percent based
What do you mean?
>>
>>173871221
Having 15 lightning resist in TL2 = you take 15 less damage from lightning or, in another way of putting it, you have +15 eHP but only against lightning.

By comparison, having 15 lightning resist in Diablo, Grim Dawn, PoE, etc = You mitigate 15% of all lightning damage.
>>
>>173871330
Doesn't that makes me sense that the reduction is flat? I mean, if it was percentage-based, then early/mid-game armor would be useless since it would be 5-10% reduction.
>>
Okay, don't actually bother with ARK.
>you needa campfire to get rid of leeches
You don't. In fact, trying to burn parasites like that, ticks, leeches, childrens, hippies with fire will make them puke in your wounds, which can cause an infection.
>>
>>173871402
It means that health is literally always better than resistances and armor.

Having +100 health can basically be considered having +100 of all resistances and armor for all the good they do you.
>>
>>173871534
Well, in these games, you usually get armor that boosts your health anyway.
>>
>>173871579
My problem is that health becomes the only real path. You can safely ignore all the embers that give elemental resistance because of how ineffective resistances are.

People gave PoE shit for forcing you to stack health, but in TL2 that is absolutely the only way to go.
>>
>>173871689
>PoE
Pillars of Eternity or Path of Exiles?
>>
>>173871768
Path of Exile.
>>
>>173871797
Haven't played this one.
>>
Playing Yooka Laylee, I realize why I really didn't like Banjo Kazooie. So boring.
>>
File: 1482205570201.jpg (42KB, 728x522px) Image search: [Google]
1482205570201.jpg
42KB, 728x522px
Hmm hmmmmm. Playing more Battle Brothers and I realize now that running is extremely effective.

If you're a big fucking coward who only stomps babies you can save your party a lot of grief.

The loading screen tip didn't lie!
>>
>tries Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
>sometimes kicking enemies just pushes them back and sometimes it sends them flying
>>
>>173872039
It's free and good. Also has 6 new chapters coming up this summer.
>>
>>173873545
Maybe it works like a counterhit property in fighting games?
>>173872546
>I realize why I really didn't like Banjo Kazooie
Want to go deeper into why?
>>
>>173871137
Makes me think of tree of savior which just announced to rdo all their stat calculation. As it is right now 1 strenght point=1 more attack that eats 1 hp which is of course fucking retarded.
>>
>>173873785
I dunno, I tried holding it like in Chivalry Medieval Warfare.
I managed to send a mercenary in full armor fucking flying, but a naked zombie just took a few steps back.

I'll just dump all my point in magic and use the ice trap to make people fall off ledges. Preferably while they scream. I love hearing falling people screaming, it's like "AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh... *sprotch*"
Abe's Odyssee was hilarious.
>>
Anyone else excited for mr.shifty?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/489140/

I think it looks interesting.
Stupid name, though.
>>
>>173874347
Looks like Hotline Miami with less blood and magical powers.
>>
>>173874347
>Gamespot scrub quote - "More empowering version of Hotline Miami"
What, because they were able to dodge through things they couldn't avoid by planning ahead?

As for the game, looks alright. Without trying, it does look like more of a jump-in-and-kill-everyone game than HM (which was more of jump-in-and-die-a-lot-before-you-git-gud-enough-to-kill-everyone) so it could be fun to really master the skills. Especially since it's purely melee-focus, which will probably make later levels a lot harder than earlier ones.
>>
>>173874347
Hotline Miami but with Furi
>>
>>173874738
Dear god, I hate Furi.
Cool music, nice lore, but the bosses, jesus. It's like getting shagged by an oversized squirrel.
>>
>>173874738
I also hated Furi Tbh
>>
>>173874347
More like mr shitty amirightguys?
>>
>>173714472
>>173714708
>define toxic
Why cant you just look it up yourself? Are you just pretending the term has no meaning to dismiss the fact that you fit the description to a T?

>a combination of self-centered attitudes, motivations, and behaviors that have adverse effects on subordinates, the organization, and mission performance
>lacks concern for others and the climate of the organization, which leads to short- and long-term negative effects
>consistently use dysfunctional behaviors to deceive, intimidate, coerce, or unfairly punish others
>>
>>173877110
Stop feeding it.
>>
File: 75505.jpg (453KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
75505.jpg
453KB, 1024x576px
>>173722724
>It's like fighting against people using guns but not being able to use them yourself
>>
>>173877158
Ignoring toxicity in your community only allows it to grow unchecked.
>>
>>173877252
And how many samurais died before they could reach these riflemen?

>>173877361
Feeding it will encourage it to grow more.
>>
>>173874768
try harder
Furi wouldve been a lot more enjoyable with options on how dodge functions, either going towards the reticle or the direction youre moving. This will make or break Mr.Shifty
>>
>>173877539
I did. I know that if I did the first boss as a warm-up, I would be able to take on the Diver, but I tried to restrain myself to one boss a day, and as a result, I got utterly ravaged by the Big Daddy.
Nothing you can do when you feel like you hit the wall.
>>
>>173874347
Theres a public beta from a few months back. I tried to download it but it asked for me to sign up to a newsletter so I closed it.
>>
>>173877656
I dropped it there too desu ne
>>
>>173877873
What bothers me is that I really love the music and the idea of seeing the Stranger humanizing, but the game kicks my ass so hard it basically beat me.
Next time I hear people saying Dark Souls or Hotline Miami are hard, I'll redirect them to Furi.
>>
>>173725742
what are you talking about? When git gud players hunt naked, they don't take longer than casual players, they're FASTER. 5 minute hunts without overpowered gear are a thing because of how the series has gradually gotten less tanky.
>>
>>173877110
why drag something 20 hours ago up? It doesn't exactly suggest that you'll be able to change anyone's mind.

>>173877471
the chinese had guns and crossbows for hundreds of years before anyone else. Full Plate was introduced after guns, and neither made the other obsolete.
>>
>>173878575
But it's easier to teach a man to use a rifle than teach him to use a saber. And samurais armours weren't exactly that good either.
>>
>>173878730
and? You work with what you got. You have a bunch of peasant farmers, sure hand them guns.

But farmers are supposed to be FARMING, and supply logistics are significant factors in the success of a war. They also lack the discipline and cohesion of properly trained soldiers. Soldiers that rout easily from hunger or fear are pretty low value.

A minimally trained rifleman in the above situation wouldn't be clashing with the samurai, they'd be running away at that distance.

And samurai armours were pretty good: they were just designed for different environments and to oppose different types of weapons. Hell, some of them ARE designed to stop bullets.
>>
>>173879598
But not the one you see in the pictures, and the soldiers you see aren't a militia or bandits.
>>
>>173879702
my point is that the time to train a soldier in the use of a weapon was not the main limiter in war, it was the logistics of fielding a large number of soldiers.
>>
>>173880114
And my point is that, in the context of the picture that you posted, logistic is irrelevant.

If they had giant shields ot stuff like that to get near, it wouldn't bother me this much.
Which reminds me, except Xenonauts (who was apparently bad), is there any game featuring shields?
>>
>>173880275
people stopped using shields because armor got good enough to stop bullets.
>>
>>173880590
Not answering my question.
>>
>>173880637
I don't know any game that really focuses on shields?

>It's like fighting against people using guns but not being able to use them yourself
You don't win a fight just because you have guns. Plenty of strategies against guns don't involve using guns very much, like Trench warfare. Guerrillas generally win a few fights before they can arm themselves with guns, and sometimes they don't because they can't use the same strategies with them.
>>
In Rain World, how far down does this go?
currently stuck with Me myself and I in pitch black
>>
File: CSH002.png (600KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CSH002.png
600KB, 1920x1080px
>four party members

*nods approvingly*
>>
>>173882538
When you have no idea what is going on, you're almost done. Until then, just keep going.
Nirvana awaits you.
>>
File: card game.png (12KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
card game.png
12KB, 800x600px
hey /indie/ I uploaded some games I made a year ago thought you might enjoy them, they are more little funny entertainment things like thecatamites short games though.

https://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/10589

https://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/10590
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
THIS LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT JUST ATE ME. WHAT THE FUCK.
>>
File: slogcot.png (921B, 43x27px) Image search: [Google]
slogcot.png
921B, 43x27px
>>173882789

I haven't known whats been going on since the start of the depths, I've been swimming down for the past 30 minutes please kill me
>>
>>173884168
Even baby tentacle monsters have to eat, anon.
>>
>>173885054
It'll find you.
And it will help.
>>
What the fuck? Is this what I think it is?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/586750/

What
>>
>>173884168
Which shitty game is this
>>
>>173883126
Schnell Online never bobo
>>
>>173886669
I think it's EXACTLY what you think it is

I remember playing the second game and never beating it because I got stuck in the fight with that gay zombie, and since I was trying to get the hardest achievement I couldn't grind for levels, so I never finished it.
>>
>>173886045

I've been taxied already, all my posts were with moon music playing in background with everything being either white or black
>>
>>173887062
Then just keep going.
>>173886669
>SONNY
GOD YES.
>It's a remake of the original
This is fine.
>>
I played an indie game once and it was awful
>>
>>173887438
an indie game 2 is better
>>
>>173887610
Where can I download it?
>>
>>173871330
>>173871534
>Having +100 health can basically be considered having +100 of all resistances and armor for all the good they do you.
You are not correct.

I never played Torchlight so maybe you forgot to mention something, but flat damage reduction has the advantage of reducing the damage of each hit with no limit while HP runs out.

In other words, flat damage reduction works best against many attacks that deal low damage while bonus HP is better against few attacks with high damage.

If we compare 100 bonus HP against 15 flat damage reduction, getting hit more than 6 times is going to provide more overall damage reduction (105 when getting hit 7 times for example) than 100 bonus HP.
>>
>>173832858
>>173833069
>>173865494
>No one mentions anything about Trails in the Sky itself.
>>
File: Dot.png (7KB, 183x76px) Image search: [Google]
Dot.png
7KB, 183x76px
>>173887171
Is the ending being monkey paw'd or does it really take multiple hours for something to happen? Or I'm I just impatient and retarded.
>>
>>173890132
Read the Bhagavad Gita tof ind out.
>>
>>173886669
>Sonny
Oh crap, I remember that. I never finished it, but the game was still really great.
>>
>>173890132
I don't remember it taking that long. Could be a bug.

Also when the background turns black you're supposed to move towards the light.
>>
>>173877960
>>173877873
>>173877656

Have you tried partying the Diver lasers? Because you can, even the spiraling ones. Dodge distance is my only complaint. Shoot small bullets and get close to the boss, try to snack em with sword too before entering close combat
>>
Steak should have the positions of the polaroid and negative randomly swap, just to fuck with people.
>>
>>173891067
Oh fug.
I've been moving straight down for over an hour after the taxi ride and enjoying the company of me, and myself, along with I,
I've been barely paying attention so I've must have missed it, with said light being an hour up and somewhere to the left or right.

>>173890268
I'm not the most philosophical person,
the quick run down on that thing is going straight over my head.
>>
>>173880275
>And my point is that, in the context of the picture that you posted, logistic is irrelevant.
>If they had giant shields ot stuff like that to get near, it wouldn't bother me this much.
To be fair, guns on the picture are probably muskets of some sort
You get one, maybe two shots before the enemy lines reach you, and the bullet isn't even guaranteed to fly in the direction you're pointing that thing
>>
>>173886669
Looks like an old flash game? I don't mean that in a bad way.
>>
>>173882641
>that bald cool guy fighting with fists
lol
>>
>>173891067
>>173891872

Found it, had to restart the game though
game seems to bug out if you exit to main menu or finish the game since the music keeps playing. Thanks it probably was a bug anon.
>>
>>173894338
That's cause it's a remake of a really good Flash game.
>>
I always forgot that non-PC games are also relevant.

So, about Harvest Moon : Story of Seasons, am I supposed to rush to the Seed Makers as quickly as possible? It looks quite expensive, but at the same time, it could save me a shitload of money since most of my money goes into fertilizers and seed.
>>
File: 1490233864768.png (11KB, 460x688px) Image search: [Google]
1490233864768.png
11KB, 460x688px
>>173895272
>>
>>173877110
>>define toxic
>Why cant you just look it up yourself?
Sure, let's do exactly that.

>toxic /ˈtɒksJk/
>adjective
> 1.
> poisonous.
> "the dumping of toxic waste"
> synonyms: poisonous, venomous, virulent, noxious, dangerous, destructive, harmful, unsafe, malignant, injurious, pestilential, pernicious, environmentally unfriendly;
> 2.
> Finance
> denoting or relating to debt which has a high risk of default.
> "toxic debts"
> denoting securities which are based on toxic debt and for which there is not a healthy or functioning market.
> "the financial system has become clogged with toxic assets"
>noun
> 1.
> poisonous substances.

>dictionary makes no mention of your bullshit swj term
I'd tell you to fuck off this general and other anonymous communities, but you probably couldn't take the advice. If you can't handle being honestly told you're bad at gaem you're only going to get hurt here.
>>
>>173898287
>being so butthurt he has to answer a five hours long post
Sad!
>>
>>173898450
> five hours long post
Bit of a slow reader, aren't you?
>>
File: hmm.png (376KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
376KB, 1000x500px
>173898450
That was well crafted, but you should have added another thing first to make it more authentic.
No (You) I'm afraid
>>
File: 1491512402677.webm (591KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491512402677.webm
591KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>173899928
Cute!
>>
>reinstall Grim Dawn after months
>don't remember my spells at all
>I have three saved points, don't know if I should spend them or use them
>kill everything in three hits
Okay?
>>
>>173896251
Invest early to get the big payout faster.
>>
File: Brad.png (2KB, 100x155px) Image search: [Google]
Brad.png
2KB, 100x155px
hello /indie/
this is Just some Cuck
or JSC if you prefer
and i will start a series of posts in this general where i will come here from time to time to post popular cuck characters from indie/obscure games, since cucks are are a growing fad on our comunity and it would be honor for such act for all the proud cucks out there
well, let's beging
today's cuck character is no other then Brad Armstrong, the popular vilain from the LISA series
he is a iconic character between the cuck comunity for his interections on the act of cuck in general
being cucked thee times by his father who fucked his sister, and being cucked by sticky and Rando who fucked his daughter
it's worth mentioning that while brad didn't like the idea at the start, he soon accepted being a proud cuck and moved on
another interesting part of brad's history is how he was in a cuck action being the wife the story, with Terry Hints being the cucked and Shocklord the cucker
>>
>>173901310
Kill yourself.
>>
File: CQKr2KAWgAAaLgO.jpg (25KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
CQKr2KAWgAAaLgO.jpg
25KB, 600x332px
>>173901310
>>
>>173901310
are you behind the current hgg2d ntr shitfest by any chance
>>
Where's the guy that was blogposting about Battle Brothers? Babby's first partywipe or something?
>>
>>173900802
So I just rush it, okay.
>>
>>173902337
Maybe he got a life
>>
File: C9UKybQV0AAJtD_[1].jpg (116KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9UKybQV0AAJtD_[1].jpg
116KB, 1200x675px
Bit the bullet and bought Has Been Heroes.
I'm really enjoying it.
The lane-switching and stamina mechanics make battles very intense and the bosses have some neat patterns which are fun to learn but still require quick thinking to beat, even when you know what to do.
I've won once in the seven hours I've played so far (with a few close calls which I lost because of some aggressive boss patterns which I didn't realise how to counter when I needed to) but it's never seemed like the result of bad RNG. Every death I've been able to look at the battle and see exactly where I fucked up.
Build variety seems decent so far and the item/hero unlocking system has a far bit of content so I can see myself getting quite a lot of hours out of it.
I'm not the biggest fan of permanent unlocks in roguelite games but Has Been Heroes has a fairly inoffensive way of handling it. Each time you beat the game you unlock a new hero so you can change up your party of three and there's 33 of them to unlock. At the end of each run (successful or not) the amount of enemies that you kill count as experience towards levelling "up". Every time you level up, you unlock a few more things for the item pool (299 items which have passive effects) or for the spell pool (328 spells) which is what you can get from merchants/chests/lotteries.

I'm really enjoying it so far and definitely recommend it. I just hope that once you unlock a "full" run (so you go through the full eight dungeons in one run), there's some sort of scoring system/high-score table so there's a reason to keep playing in addition to unlocking all the shit.
Daily Challenges would be a neat feature as well.
>>
>>173902709
Or maybe he himself wiped.
>>
>>173901310
I miss just some anon
>>
>page 10
>>
File: image.png (236KB, 763x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
236KB, 763x398px
>he didn't pick teutons
how does it feel not playing with the master race?
>>
File: 3fw965c0mcry.png (535KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
3fw965c0mcry.png
535KB, 500x355px
>>
>>173909552
I like to play as the Malays for their cheap infantries
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208140/
Endless Space for 1 buck.
>>
Stop dying, asshole
>>
>>173911919
Don't tell me what to do!
*dies*
>>
>>173911919
You can't tell me what to do YOU ARE NOT MY REAL DAD
>>
Grim Dawn pisses me off. I want to punch everyone in the face.

>>173909552
Chu Ko Nu > Teutonic knights.
>>
>>173913417
Sounds like a good motivation to levelup!
>>
>>173913998
No, I'm serious.
>world is fucked up, mankind if on the brink of extinction
>"boo hoo if you side with the necromancers we'll kill you on sight"
>"boo hoo if you side with that outsider that seems reliable, we're no friend of you!"
I want to rape them all, slap them around, and yell really loudly "I'M TRYING TO SAVE YOUR FUCKING HIDE, SO BE NICE OR I FUCKING KILL YOU ALL AND USE YOUR LIFELESS BODIES AS FLESHLIGHTS".
>>
>>173914158
Do what Jesus would do.
>>
>>173914289
Let myself get beaten up by Jews and crucified by faggots wearing skirts?
No thanks.
>>
File: chrome_2017-04-13_18-54-48.png (237KB, 955x535px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-13_18-54-48.png
237KB, 955x535px
>>
>>173914158
>necromancers
Good thing the Necros are the better Faction then, eh?
I kinda wish they have structured the game so every faction could be sided with including Aetherials and C'thonics. Character progression being potentially tied to it ranging from minor boosts to potentially character-defining abilities.
>>
>>173914508
Since I went poison + summoning (through I recently changed my build to go more physical), I sided with the necros, but having to fight sane humans when there's a fucking apocalypse going on makes me angry and sad.
>>
Talking about Grim Dawn

What's the most broken build?
>>
>>173914632
>sane
They're zealots. They're no better than the C'Thonian cult. They only considered you as an ally until the going got tough and forced an ultimatum on you. Necro-dudes just show up cause they could benefit from it.
>>
>>173914846
Who wouldn't have anything to gain from surviving the fucking apocalypse?
>>
>>173915303
Spoilers ahead: Kymon's Chosen is based off a lie. They are recieving their blessings from a primordial god with his own agenda named Korvaak; not Empyrion.

Even Kymon himself admits that he may have made a huge mistake in allying himself with Korvaak and that he will likely be just as bad as the Cthonians once they are dealt with
>>
>>173915451
What kind of god is Korvaak?

Also, I'm a bit disappointed in the factions, I thought they would give me new spells, but they just unlocked new merchants.

Merchants that sell stuff that is expensive as shit and LESS interesting than the stuff I find on monsters I murder.
>>
>>173915689
>What kind of god is Korvaak?
All we know is that he's a rival to C'thon.

>Merchants that sell stuff that is expensive as shit and LESS interesting than the stuff I find on monsters I murder
The point of faction gear is that it's not dependent on RNG. There are a few really good pieces that complement certain build nicely and they are always there if you didn't have enough luck to drop something better. I use faction gear all the time.
>>
>>173915689
It is incredibly ambiguous just what Korvaak is or what his ultimate goal is. All we really know is what his messenger tells us; that he intends to manipulate humanity to his own ends and that he considers Chthon an enemy.

There is a secret location called the "shrine of the forgotten god" which has a being etched on a stone wall. It is identical to a similar etching in the tomb of Korvaak, which means that Korvaak is probably the forgotten god.

The first entries of Kymon's notes mention that he came in contact with a messenger of Korvaak who offered a means of fighting the cult of Chthon when he was purging heretical shrines. The last notes imply that if there were any means of gaining more knowledge of, and defeating, Korvaak, they were probably destroyed by their purge.

I have a good hunch that Korvaak will become a major antagonist in the future.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 400x128px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 400x128px
>>173913417
*blocks your way*
>>
>>173916414
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I don't really see the point of merchants on hack'n'slash like Grim Dawn, since they usually sell low stuff that you can find in buckets by just kicking some dead corpse.
I understand that faction goods are fixed, but their stuff barely compares to the stuff I can forge or find, and it's even more expensive.

I remember Diablo 2 having a gambling system where you could sometimes get a rare or unique item (once got a helmet in Act 1 that lasted me an entire run, shit was so cash), but the usual goods are just shit compared to the rest. Unless you somehow lost all your equipement, I don't understand why you should bother.

>>173916659
So you have the aethernians, the chtonians, the undead, the bandits, and you may end up fighting Korvaakians.

It'll be a fucking miracle if mankind survive that grim dawn.
Also, the OutcastxMyCharacter OTP!

>>173914779
Isn't bleeding very good?
>>
File: J06.jpg (15KB, 602x452px) Image search: [Google]
J06.jpg
15KB, 602x452px
>>173916871
What did you say to me...?
>>
>>173916950
>It'll be a fucking miracle if mankind survive that grim dawn.

That is for sure. You actually can meet the god Mogdrogen and he will confirm that mankind's suffering has only begun.

As bad as things are now, they are going to get much worse.
>>
>>173917091
>lore tells you that 99% of mankind is dead and that the remains are sacrificed in many awful ways to the chtonians
>"it just began"
It's just like Hellgate : London, if we're going out, let's go out with a bang!

What wasted potential was Hellgate. And I waited so eagerly for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 376x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 376x348px
>>173917007
JA!
>>
>>173909552
If you want to talk about RTS, it's /civ4xg/. Age of Empires 2 is barely indie.
>>
>>173918915
well, the HD edition and expansions where made by a indie team
>>
>>173919686
Yeah, but... Oh, whatever, not like it's set in stone anyway. Plus /civ4xg/ is kinda focused on Stellaris right now, so talking about AoE2 there is difficult.
>>
File: ImageGlass_2017-04-13_20-05-37.png (19KB, 620x373px) Image search: [Google]
ImageGlass_2017-04-13_20-05-37.png
19KB, 620x373px
>>173842553
contagion
>>
>soundtrack to Cosmic Star Heroine
>>
File: 20170413201802_1.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170413201802_1.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>173920130
I need to make these a little smaller
>>
>>173883126
pak gai was fun, cheers.
>>
>>173909552
>He didn't pick Goths
>He didn't walk up to an opponent, all comfortable between his castles and walls, to see him panic once the arrows did nothing to the Huskarls.

FUCK WALLS
>>
>>173909552
>tfw we live in a timeline where AoEII got four expansions
>>
>>173920130
>>173920953
Yeah. General rule of thumb is that for symbols, large is fine. For actual items, you need to make them ~15% smaller.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 1080x1920px
>>173922454
I guess you could say...
It's the Age of Empires.
>>
File: image.png (76KB, 228x294px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76KB, 228x294px
>>173922036
to be fair
goths do have a good flood on mid/late game but they are really weak against rushes
unique units with high armor or pic related can take then pretty well
>>
File: Photoshop_2017-04-13_20-48-39.png (109KB, 921x863px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-04-13_20-48-39.png
109KB, 921x863px
>>173922586
Yep
I gotta remember to make them smaller when I move the sketch over to the 32x32
>>
File: image.png (197KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197KB, 400x250px
>>173922454
memes aside the expansions where pretty good
portuguese are pretty fun to play with
>>
>there was a KS only a few months ago by Rayman's composer to do a studio recording of a live arrangement of the soundtrack
>haven't heard about it until today
>the project failed

Fugg. ;_; Rayman's soundtrack is like my favorite video game soundtrack ever, and this sounds really sweet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7B0ZeHMjE

Although turning Mr Dark's theme into a remix of Hungarian Dance No. 5 is kind of puzzling. For what purpose? Great taste though.
>>
File: 20170413195647_1.jpg (77KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170413195647_1.jpg
77KB, 1920x1080px
>just building a bomb nest
>hibernate
>wake up to this
THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE NAP
>>
File: 1489631264895.jpg (58KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1489631264895.jpg
58KB, 640x625px
>>173924186
>AoE: We Wuz Kings Edition
>>
>>173877110
>Toxic
>Effect

>Once the Toxic meter is full, HP will begin to drain at a steady rate depending on the method of infliction. Also impedes upon stamina regeneration.
>>
>>173926274
So it's like a mix of poison and disease effects?
>>
>>173926680
It's even worse, because you can't build your resistance to toxic, and the purple moss is expensive. It also drains a shitload of HP
>>
>>173882641
That is one cool dragon
9/10, would craft
>>
>>173899928
Hrnng god damn that is adorable
He looks like he's having the time of his life
>>
File: Cats are assholes.webm (3MB, 720x444px) Image search: [Google]
Cats are assholes.webm
3MB, 720x444px
>>173927584
Cats are always cute af.
>>
>>173917605
>What wasted potential was Hellgate.
God damn this
>>
>>173927827
I'm still mad thinking how much I was hyped for that game and it turned out to be... that shit we all know.
>>
>>173927097
Purple blooming moss
>>
Indies don't die
>>
File: 20170414025412_1.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20170414025412_1.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
I needed this after tangcat.
>>
>>173932314
*autistic cat-screeching*
>>
Don't die indie
>>
>>173924186
I'm playing the Rise of Rajas campaign and I love it.

And the Africa campaigns were pretty fun, heckin hard though
>>
>>173898287
>muh SJW
Well, I guess the military does fight for social justice you reactionary retard
http://ssi.armywarcollege.edu/pdffiles/ksil3.pdf
>>
>>173898450
that's rather ironic, defending an answer to a 20 hour old post.
>>
These sausages are utterly brutal. Thank you /indie/ for showing me the way of the sausage.
>>
>>173939086
how far are you?
>>
>>173939616
I'm only on the 2nd part. 3 levels left, including Tower of Sausage, the one just up and right of it, and the one to the far bottom left.
The Tower is beyond me.
>>
indies
>>
File: CSH003.png (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CSH003.png
375KB, 1920x1080px
This game dumps a lot of customization on ya pretty early
>>
Terraria Gen died.
I'm gonna go fight the Slime King.
>>
>>173801194
you are just a bad player
>>
>>173943548
No he's a bad character. Armor dropped for once though and I beat his past on the attempt after that.
>>173807354
>>
>>173804870
why is shadow on that list twice
>>
>>173944326
it just requires you to really be on point with your dodging.

It is the same as the Blue Baby in Isaac.
>>
>>173945265
It'd be the same as blue baby in isaac if soul hearts were a miracle drop. Armor is so ridiculously rare compared to soul hearts.
>>
>>173945354
that really depends on your luck. I got about 1 piece of armour per floor. Not super great but good enough.
>>
>>173943329
long live Terraria
>>
File: 20160822173143_1.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160822173143_1.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
Once in 200+ fucking hours....
>>
File: 0bb.gif (496KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
0bb.gif
496KB, 320x240px
Don't die on me
>>
Die on me.
>>
File: 1491858874827.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491858874827.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
>go in a room
>take a handful of bullets to the face
Grim Dawn has too many ranged enemies.
>>
File: 1432228139915.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
1432228139915.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>>173953437
do you have a problem with being turned in to a pin cushion from off screen all the time?

Maybe you should git gud
>>
>>173927764
Those kids were probably torturing those cats earlier.

Cats are known to hold a grudge.
>>
File: Cat on a walk.webm (564KB, 600x326px) Image search: [Google]
Cat on a walk.webm
564KB, 600x326px
>>173955328
Animals can hold grudges? I thought it was a typically human behaviour.
>>
>>173953437
>>go in a room

>not throwing a canister bomb with the concussive transmuter or a flashbang in the room first
Do you even oper8?
>>
>>173955669
Games that feature flashbang or smoke bombs are actually rare. And in the few that allow it, these grenades are either easy to counter, or by the time you throw it, you're already dead.

Besides,
>bombs
>in Grim Dawn
>>
>>173955503
Cats certainly can hold grudges. They do have long-term memory. I read a study that concluded dogs have a memory span of about five minutes while cats' can last as long as 16 hours.

I know one of my cats is particularly pissed off if I'm gone for more than a couple of days. Not pissed off enough to attack me, but to generally act like a dick for no reason.

Cats also are one of the very few animals that display sadistic behaviours (mostly playing with their pray before killing it) like dolphins or humans.
>>
>>173932314
Cute
>>
File: 1405141860423.jpg (132KB, 669x470px) Image search: [Google]
1405141860423.jpg
132KB, 669x470px
>>173922454
Feels good.
>>
>>173956042
Tu l'as dit, bouffi.
>>
Is Stardew Valley good, or is it just some dating sim trash? I keep seeing it in my Steam recommendations but I can't make up my mind and the reviews are atrociously unhelpful.
>>
>>173955878
>>bombs
>>in Grim Dawn
?

Canister Bomb with concussive transmuter is one of the strongest skills it the game and probably THE most powerful skill in the demo tree.

It combines huge AoE with damage sufficent to clear out whole rooms of trash as long as you keep your fire or pierce damage high and multpile long stuns that leave anything that survived unable to act.

Against heroes/bosses, multiple stuns that last a fraction of a second have the advantage of interrupting the use of abilites.
>>
>>173957418
>or is it just some dating sim trash
Holy shit you are dumb.
>>
>>173957474
Oh.
I don't know if I have access to that skill.
And I don't know how to distribute my skill points.
And I'm not level 50 yet.
>>
>>173957549
>I don't know if I have access to that skill.
It's in the demolitionist tree.

>And I don't know how to distribute my skill points
Well it's up to you. Generally you want to keep your mastery bar high and max it out eventually because of all the stat bonuses it gives you.

Other than that just pick whatever skills you like using and whaever passive skills that look like they would be helpful.

Everything works fine on normal and by the time you hit elite/ultmiate you should figure it out yourself.

Attribute points are best spend in physique since survivaliablity is always good and it's easier to get offensive ability, energy and damage bonuses from gear than health and defensive ability. You really can't go wrong with putting everything in physique, or most of your points at the very least.

There is a nice tool to plan out your builds and see how skills progress with more points put into them.

https://grimcalc.com/
>>
>>173957763
Well, fuck. I picked Soldier and Occultist (the one that summons hell hounds).

Anyway, maxing out is more efficient than having a lot of spells? I guess I'll have to redistribute my skills.
>>
>>173957825
>Anyway, maxing out is more efficient than having a lot of spells?
It's best to either max a skill or put a single point in it (decent bonus at very low skill point investment). If something is worth putting more than a single point in it, it's worth maxing out eventually.

Usually I max a few active skills I like using, a few passives that are extremaly useful and put a single point in passives that I can't spare enought points to max or when I only care about maxing their modifier.
>>
>>173958036
But is it worth it to put a lot of points in attack spells? Eventually, smashing enemies with my weapon will be more interesting, damage-wise, than using spells.

I still remember all the points I put in skeletons in Diablo 2 only for them to be eventually outmatched by the monsters.
>>
>>173958162
>But is it worth it to put a lot of points in attack spells?
Yes.

>Eventually, smashing enemies with my weapon will be more interesting, damage-wise, than using spells.
Abilites/spells still scale with % damage bonuses you have.

>I still remember all the points I put in skeletons in Diablo 2 only for them to be eventually outmatched by the monsters.
Pet builds are viable in GD, but very dependent on gear with pet bonuses.
>>
>>173958303
>Abilites/spells still scale with % damage bonuses you have.
So, so it's like Diablo 3.
Shit, guess I'll recover some of the points I put in the crows and put them on some attack spells.
>>
>>173957418
Like Harvest Moon it is mainly crop farming but also features exploring and dating sim elements.
>>
>>173958956
But can I ignore the dating sim and focus on my crop, or will I miss parts of the game?
I mean, is the farming part just for money, or is it the main focus of the game?
>>
Also, bump limit.
>>
>>173957474
>>173957763
>>173958036
>>173958303
(Not him, but thanks for the useful info. Starting Grim Dawn myself, and was wondering about a lot of those things)
>>
>>173961964
Protip : don't have any remorse for the things you kill. You're doing them a favour by ending their wretched existence.

Also, new thread when? Should I make it?
>>
I made the new thread :
>>173962885

Don't complain about the picture, okay?
>>
>>173962914
WHY that pic?

I suppose it's about the same level of twiiiiiist that you see in a lot of indie games, but it's not a terribly HIGH level.
>>
>>173963052
It was either that or AI War. Plus she's kinda cute.
>>
File: chrome_2017-04-14_10-15-21.png (300KB, 512x625px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-14_10-15-21.png
300KB, 512x625px
Post your Isaac playtime and what you have left to do
http://theriebel.de/tboirah/
Thread posts: 758
Thread images: 130

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.