[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ - Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 709
Thread images: 59

File: FUN.png (369KB, 958x404px) Image search: [Google]
FUN.png
369KB, 958x404px
>>171950049

Took Forever Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
http://pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>172101787
Your research goals are strange to me.
What nation is this?
>>
>>172102182
EA Arco running awake dog that needed mindhunt
>>
>>172102405
So you just got mass flight access?

Or is there some other spell I can't think of right now that needs those two paths?
>>
>>172103983
If he's playing with ME, then there's actually a bunch of stuff in Ench 7. If not, there's two gemgens (EBDW and Stellar Focus), treelords, solar brilliance, life after death, and (as you pointed out) mass flight
>>
>>172104848
Now, admittedly, none of these are spells I'd prioritize over RoS or FW or even golems for that matter, but eh.
>>
>>172104848
Yeah, but none of those need Conj 4 or Alt 4.

I guess he could just need those for other things.
>>
>>172105006
Oh, yeah, no I assume those are unrelated
>>
What makes MA Ermor good and Lemuria bad?
>>
>>172107428
Skeletons are way better than ghosts, because their attacks are not negated by magic resistance.

Lemuria also has no lictor equivalent to give them heavy hitting power behind their chaff.
>>
>>172107428
MA Ermor has a top tier mage (dusk elders) that costs significantly less than Lemuria's mid-tier mages, since Lemuria pays for immortality on its dudes. Ermor gets both a bunch more units, and they have actual weapons instead of spectral weapons so their attacks aren't negated by MR. Ermor has awesome sacreds that it can either summon or reanimate and Lemuria doesn't. Ermor is in an era with more gems and less gold. Ermors forts go up more quickly. Ermor has reliable reanimation whereas Lemuria has to roll for ghosts. Lemuria's rely on being ethereal rather than having prot, so they get owned even harder by stuff like flaming arrows and fire shields that are already good against undead. Lemuria's units can fail morale checks whereas Ermor's are largely mindless.

Mostly it's the mage costs, sacreds, and that Lemuria's units are MRN. Summod makes Lemuria significantly better, and also slightly less cancerous since they need to hold land and aren't as good at spamming forts and holing up inside of them
>>
File: 1489319725818.jpg (582KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489319725818.jpg
582KB, 1920x1080px
How to LA Pythium in summod? Serpent cult?
>>
>>172108395
I would have put down immortality as a benefit to Lemuria.

It lets Lemuria do much riskier tactics with their mages and deploy them much more frequently than MA Ermor. It is especially important since both have low-astral mages with very high costs per-mage that are perfect for magic duelling.
>>
>>172108772
The cults play differently. Fire Cult is the most straightforward, since it gives recruitable sacred heavy infantry and some thugs and so on. It's like Pythium with more tools. Serpent Cult pushes you to use hydras, which are pretty bad if you don't have a massive bless for them. Even if you do, they're a bit hard to support and don't let you do the only thing pythium does well (get ahead on research with foreign rec mages and do diverse battlefield spells) since you have to dump scales to get it. If you want to go for spamming assassins then, like, you can but it's taking fort turns away from magery. Fertility cult is kinda like vanilla pythium, but just better since you get your foreign rec research better. You also get some weird animal summon stuff and an unreliable remote assassination spell, so you have a few more tricks but they aren't actually just stronger in the way that the fire cult's stuff is. If you actually like vanilla pythium's weird diversity-focus thing, then fertility would be good. If you want pythium but with actually worthwhile units, go fire/bull. If you just want to tribless hydras and die to fire elementals, go snek

>>172108959
Yeah, but he was asking specifically what makes MA Ermor good and what makes Lemuria bad. Lemuria is also better at holding forts since its stuff isn't mindless and does some battlefield stuff better. They're different; I was just going over relative disadvantages.
>>
How do I play as an Asphodel? W9 god and black centaur spam? Should I make some centaurs to reanimate or rather focus on alt research? What are the best scales for freespawn?
>>
Don't fucking die
>>
>>172112840
Growth 3 Magic 3 Luck 3 for max freespawn, but it's not hugely important
Recruit mages for research; even Ermor wants to spend its gold on recruitable mages when it gets halfway decent indies, and Aspho is only halfwise a popkill nation

go W9 or W9N9
>>
ded at 17 posts
>>
Are there any ongoing recruitment for a games?
>>
>>172116729
>>172116729

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=aBoneToPick
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ElfingAround
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TheWheelHasTurnedOnceAgain
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAdman
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EA_innovativethrones
>>
>>172116721
So lets get some discussion going.

What is, in your opinion, the best recruit-anywhere unit (non-commander) in the game?
>>
>>172116910
Indie raptors. 10 gold, low resource flying lances. In FrogAndToad I just birded Marignon.

As Agartha.
>>
>>172116964
That's not a choice I expected at all, but understandable.

I think powerful combat units are more valuable, but it's hard to measure how much value flying gives you.

I'm not sure an indie counts as rec-anywhere, but spire horn are rec-anywhere and basically the same.
>>
>>172117101
Oh, I see what you mean. Chud Hirdmen or Einheres then, probably.

Spire horns cost less than indie raptors and are better so yeah
>>
>>172116910
Chuds hirdmans. Two attacks, berserk, fairly good stats (17 HP, 16 prot +2 with berserk).
>>
>>172117721
I hate that dual wielding units are more often than not better than weapon+shield units. It's like, you take a shield unit over a dual wielder when you face archers, but never again. Ambidextrous should be a rare ability, not standard on every single fucking dual wielder
>>
>>172117993
>Dual wielder without ambidextrous

dude, what?
>>
>172081559

I believe Xibalba was in fact invading you because we clashed this turn. Anyway we can settle as is.
>>
>>172118051
That's literally what dual wielding is like in the real world. Among other reasons why it's a stupid idea.

Dual wielding from a historical perspective was mostly (key word there, mostly) long weapon+much shorter weapon. In western combat it was mostly cut+thrust weapons like rapiers and sideswords+a parrying dagger or a buckler. Yes, in western martial arts sword+buckler falls under weapon in both hands. Fighting with two long weapons is difficult and pretty much pointless because you don't actually get two attacks. You can strike with one weapon, and rotate your entire body around to strike with the other, which takes just as long as rechambering a strike with the first weapon, or you can strike with both at once which does fucking nothing because of the way our bodies are built.
>>
>>172117249
>>172117721
I'd argue einhere are substantially better than chuds. Better damage output and lower cost outweighs the lower health.

>>172118326
>Fighting with two long weapons is difficult and pretty much pointless because you don't actually get two attacks.
Is there any unit which actually does that in dominions, though?

The closest I can think of are vanhere/einhere/chuds, which use a broadsword (len 2) and short axe (len 1).

I don't mind the unrealism so much, I'd just like some more variety in viable units. It'd be nice for units with a defensive focus to be viable, or offensive units which focus on a single powerful 2h weapon rather than dualwielding.
>>
>>172118659
C'tis Falchioneers dual wield falchions.
An arming sword and axe is still difficult to do, and you can't even effectively parry with the axe. It's more fun yeah, but I would like to see ambidextrous be more rare so that dual wielders aren't automatic picks.
2h weapons suffer from not really giving good bonuses. They don't have the punch of 2 weapons, the length bonus isn't useful on non-pikes and they lack the defensive bonuses of a shield. I'd like to see bigger bonuses to +atk and +def for greatswords, and higher damage bonuses for stuff like battleaxes and halberds
>>
>>172118981
I'd like something like a damage penalty for multiple attacks. Justify it by saying you can't hit as hard per weapon when using two of them.

That leaves multiple weapons good for dealing with relatively lightly armored foes, especially ones with shields. They'd lose a ton of damage against armor, leaving them less good in that situation. You already see it happening with troops like jaguar warriors if they're not strength buffed.

2h weapons should be more useful to punch through the protection of troops in heavy armor who can't dodge well. They'd lose a lot more damage against lightly armored troops who can block or dodge their hits entirely.

At least, that's how it'd work without mage support. I'm not sure how it'd go heading into midgame or lategame.
>>
Raise dead or horde of skeletons?
>>
>>172120238
If I remember right, raise dead requires corpses (generally generated by units dying in the fight). Go with horde of skeletons, it's much more reliable and just as good in many situations.
>>
>>172120238
>>172120561
Just tested it, it requires corpses.

It can cast with insufficient corpses, but will only summon as many soulless as there are corpses. If there are two corpses your mage will still cast raise dead, but you'll only get two summons out of it rather than the 10 it says.

That's not a problem later in the fight, but might be early on. If you really need soulless, I'd try leading with a few shadowblasts to make some corpses from the enemy army.
>>
How good is purgatory against undead? Does it destroy percentage of them based on candles or what?
>>
>>172118326
To be fair a lot of the guys who dual wield are not human or if they are they are special like TCs Wushu fuckers.
>>
>>172122271

Its very good. It burns a lot of undead and the more candles you have the faster they burn.
>>
>>172122271
>this kills ermor
>>
>>172123756

Yes, its a great counter if you can get your dominion on Ermor.
>>
>>172118072
I'm glad your not wanting to fight me meant you were going to take two more of my provinces.
>>
>>172130861
>trusting Malakal
>ever
>>
>>172130861

There was no reason to stop fighting before I received any response. One sided cease fires never end well.
>>
>>172134278
Hello Lemuria.
>>
>>172135197
Well, he's not wrong. If you're fighting, you keep fighting until the truce is agreed to. If you need to exchange provinces, you can set that up after the fact. Until the other side actually agrees to stop fighting, though, it's stupid to ever stop
>>
>>172136006
Thats just dumb. Attacking while you ask for peace means no one is ever going to take you seriously. All you have to do is not attack for literally one turn so you can see a response and not being able to do that doesnt exactly paint you in a good light.
>>
>>172136660
If you're fighting someone competent, a reasonable number of provinces will change hands every turn. You can still be in a stalemate situation where both sides would benefit from peace while having a volatile border where each side takes 5 provinces from the other. Making a peace offer without attacking, and then waiting for the response means that you lose 10 provinces in that situation if the other side decides to say no. If you get a sudden uptick in your war, then saying no becomes much more appealing as well.
>>
>>172136883
You cant just ask for peace while attacking someone, thats just common sense. They arent going to accept you logic because you just fucking attacked them and they will get butthurt over it and keep fighting.
>>
>>172137125
Well, presumably they were attacking you as well. Yes, you can't attack someone out of the blue and then ask to keep those provinces peacefully. If both of you are fighting across your border, though, it makes total sense to be like "Let's stop this." If you get an offer like that and are uncomfortable with the provinces that you just lost, you can always ask for them back as a condition to the peace.
>>
>>172137125
Maybe they should have responded in the first place then.
>>
>>172137505
The problem isnt them not responding its attacking before they have a chance to respond. But if they did have a chance to respond and didnt say shit thats on them.
>>
>>172134278
If you still want peace I need those two provinces back.
Otherwise as soon as I clear Ulm off my fort this turn my army turns north.
>>
>>172137463
All you have to do to show you are serious is not attack for one turn. You can still move your guys into position so they can defend against an attack. You arent going to take that much from them in one turn and if you can why are you bothering to ask for peace in the first place.
>>
>>172136883
you can ask for a fast response and they certainly can't do a full aggression within one turn.
>>
>>172137985
>>172138014
Do you guys, like, not spread out your troops across a broad front? Are volatile exchanges really that alien to you? Both sides are on 'full aggression' all the time in an actual war, and Dominions massively penalizes defensive play. This is especially true if you're the one that's better at raiding but worse at a straight fight.
>>
>>172138014
Yeah, if you're talking out of game it's no problem.
>>
What afflictions does Ur's pretender heal in cap in summod and how fast? Because either I have shit luck or some of them won't heal at all.
>>
>>172139949
none; it's bugged and s1w doesn't care
>>
>>172138546
conversation should happen before having full armies on each other borders.
>>
>>172140129
He's making a peace offer during an ongoing war. If you aren't at war yet, you don't need to make a peace offer
>>
>>172140451
>If you aren't at war yet, you don't need to make a peace offer
/domg/ - smart people general
>>
>>172140814
I can't offer you peace if we're not already at war. That's like me offering you your life; looks more than a little threatening. You could agree to some kind of non-aggression pact or other deal though.
>>
>>172141301
Not him, but it's called prevention (NAPP). And then backstabbing.
>>
How do Grip of Winter and Heat from Hell interact? Does the one that gets cast second overwrite the first? Do they just cancel?
>>
>>172143112
They stack
>>
>>172143959
That's so ridiculous, I love it. Thanks!
>>
>>172143112
They stack, oddly.
>>
>>172139949
It will never recover from the shame of dying to PD.
>>
>>172146620
somebody post the fenrir that died to 1pd
>>
>>172137965

I expected a battle but got nothing. Sad!
>>
>>172148876
I had a few giggles when my bog standard scout killed almost 20 after being caught by an army of over 100.
>>
>>172151658
why were you expecting a battle? Ulm is the only one actually fighting me, Ragha and Bats were vulturing provinces and I was taking them back by killing their raiders.
>>
>>172151658
also, you wanted peace....
>>
>>172152180
What the fuck is Agartha doing.
>>
>>172152180
>>172152349

What? You promised to clear Ulm off a fort and you didnt deliver.
>>
>>172152428

Who is this?
>>
>>172152428
Being a little bitch about my coastal forts. Joke's on him, I already popkilled out all those provinces.
>>
>>172154007

Ehhhhh
>>
bump

guys argue about sth
>>
>>172158663
You're ugly
>>
>>172158663
HP bonus/malus from dominion for pretenders should be a flat value, not percentage. Discuss.
>>
>>172159478
No, that's gay.

Let's talk about Ragha instead. How would you design it to actually use its hot v cold mechanic?
>>
>>172158663
Asphodel is more fun than MA Pangea.
>>
>>172159683
MA Pan is toppest tier. MA Aspho is still okay, but not nearly as dominant
>>
>>172159618
I wouldn't give it temp tolerance for starters. That just encourages you to go to 3 in one scale and means if either of the scale variants is slightly better than the other you will only see that variant.
>>
>>172159618
Force Ragha's provinces to always go to Cold 3 in winter and Heat 3 in summer.
>>
File: 20170326235958_1.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170326235958_1.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
Police and Niggers, that's right
Get out of my way
Don't need to buy none of your
Gold chains today

>this is a year 5 army

What the fuck are you doing my colored neighbor, this is disgusting to look at.
>>
>>172159618
Give it low level and cheap national spells to change the temp scale in the province the caster is in.

Make both hot and cold options complement each other, instead of just being different flavors of mages, so that going neutral and recruiting with the seasons is less dumb. Maybe cold has better priests and heat has better sacreds. I dunno, lots of ways to try to make pairs better together.
>>
>>172159986
At least you tried buddy.

>>172159830
It's such a cool concept, it's a shame that you end up needing to go one way or the other.

>>172160594
That's a decent suggestion.
Maybe just have cycles so that whatever scale you have you can only recruit the units half of the year?
Or include that you can recruit both in the transitionary seasons?

Actually fuck that, best way is to have temp scales influence recruitment volume, not just a binary check of whether or not you can recruit them at all.
>>
>>172160765
Sorry. I was kinda lost in the aspho/pan thing. You're right
>>
Anyone played a Magic Enhanced game yet?
>>
>>172152180
I'll have you know I haven't successfully vultured a damn thing.
>>
>>172162793
its goofy and barely balanced, but its kind of fun to see just how goofy and to mess with particularly fucked stuff. the new magic items are generally pretty fucking broken and some of the spells are just dumb. i havent been able to cast it in a multiplayer game yet, but the domkill one seems really goofy, and i did get to spam out bladestorms which are just even better bladewinds
>>
>>172159792
How exactly does one stop dom10 awake carrion dragon barreling down on you year 1 with 150+ manikins?
>>
>>172164556
have you tried curling into the fetal position and crying?
>>
>>172162793
no but I made one!
>>
>>172163508
There's a new version out that nerfs some of the items: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2927&view=findpost&p=40008178
>>
>>172165501
I really want to play a LA game os Jomon just to try out their fancy katana thing. If the items are a little better balanced that would help, but I feel like some of the spells need work too, but I don't have enough experience to really elaborate on them outside of speculation
>>
File: Scrubulm Wolfgod.jpg (62KB, 688x597px) Image search: [Google]
Scrubulm Wolfgod.jpg
62KB, 688x597px
>>172148876
>>
>>172164873
There's a new version that comes packaged with Summod
>>
File: file.png (95KB, 288x338px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
95KB, 288x338px
Reminder to take your fucking turns.
>>
>>172168172
I'll update before we start, no worries m80
>>172167584
thanks
>>
File: 1415103504147.jpg (61KB, 356x438px) Image search: [Google]
1415103504147.jpg
61KB, 356x438px
>>172168652
>>
File: Forester Bob.png (396KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
Forester Bob.png
396KB, 600x825px
>>172171391
>>
File: The God of Abysia.png (10KB, 386x352px) Image search: [Google]
The God of Abysia.png
10KB, 386x352px
Every thread until you like it.
>>
NEVER
EVER
>>
>>172174626
jokes on you I love lolis
>>
I surrender
>>
What's the latest pirated version? The latest I have is 4.22
>>
>>172184370
For what purpose?
>>
>>172184506
So that I can play it as a time waster. I'm too scared to watch anime, and I don't know if Civilization is a game I might like.
>>
>>172184675
You can't really do multiplayer with a pirated version anyway, so just use what you've got.
>>
File: 1466332870194.jpg (20KB, 185x182px) Image search: [Google]
1466332870194.jpg
20KB, 185x182px
>>172184675
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>172184790
I know that. But it's fun for me to just create a big blob and play SimCity against bots.
>>
>>172185016
And summon the eater of the dead as ermor.
>>
>>172184675
why are you scared to watch anime
>>
>>172186756
maybe he doesn't want to slowly turn into a moe loving fag?
>>
I love olms!
>>
>>172187123
That's pretty easy if you aren't subhuman

Moe is cancer, learn to appreciate good storytelling.
>>
>>172187267
kys
>>
>>172187267
Olms are pretty ok.
>>
>>172187267
olms are more human than weebs
>>
>>172187123
moe is trash, i only appreciate the finest of anime, such as One Piece, Legend of The Galactic Heroes, and Nanna.

>>172187267
EA agartha is one of my favorite nations because of the olms and big fat creepy looking guys. And they can cast burden of time just fine and not be too bothered.
>>
>>172187546
I'd like One Piece a bit more if half of every new episode wasn't taken up by the intros and recaps.
>>
File: Read.jpg (44KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Read.jpg
44KB, 500x282px
>>172187546
>One Piece
>anime

Christ, that thing is nearly unwatchable. It's a series of recaps held together by panning over still images. The manga is infinitely more tolerable than that no budget abomination.
>>
>>172188154
Dont forget 10 minutes of random characters shouting and/or crying.

It used to be fun once. I wonder when all the recap shit got so bad. Some of the early fights were the shit.
>>
Do f9 or d9 apply to ranged attacks? f9 says it doesn't, but i'm seeing some flaming arrows
>>
>>172186756
Because I'm stupid, and I'm afraid that I'll be watching something I won't like or that the 4chan Empire will take offense to me watching and/or liking.
>>
>>172188940
You have some strange proclivities my dude.
I enjoy watching bleach, and bleach is the epitome of bad, just be yourself senpai
>>
>>172191016
Can you just link me the latest version of the dom4 crack?
>>
>>172191016
Bleach was pretty ok until after they rescued whatshername from the execution with the fire bird spear.
>>
>>172191114
I don't have one.
I haven't seen one posted since before the cave patch either
>>
>>172191270
When was the cave patch?
>>
>>172191430
xibalba and Agartha improvements, I think it was roughly a year ago
>>
File: 1399531478898.jpg (263KB, 1472x694px) Image search: [Google]
1399531478898.jpg
263KB, 1472x694px
>>
File: The God of Abysia comes back.png (9KB, 386x352px) Image search: [Google]
The God of Abysia comes back.png
9KB, 386x352px
>>172174626
I found him again later. Afflictions were healed and he was toting a just man's cross.
>>
>>172198525
Legends say Helheim is buttmad even to this day.
>>
>>172198525
Oh man I should've saved the pictures of bob in fourth. Had over 222 kills on his hands before he died his first death.
>>
>>172159618
First of all, nerf zhayedan heavily or make the cold sacred equally valuable. As they are now, they're too good to miss out on.

Make its temperature recruits 'sticky'. If you go into cold, you keep cold recruits until you get heat scales, and vice versa.

Right now, neutral temp ragha can only recruit good mages half the year. This would increase that to the whole year round everyone else gets (including heat/cold ragha).
>>
>>172188684
they should apply.
>>
>>172184675
you can download dominions 3 as a free demo on the dev's website. it's close enough to dom4 that you will see how shitty single player is and how the only way for mature men to enjoy this game is to play multiplayer, which imply we all have to fund Illwinter's cocaine trips.
>>
File: 1490205425796.png (559KB, 775x775px) Image search: [Google]
1490205425796.png
559KB, 775x775px
>>172154007
>biggest player in the game
>too busy quarreling with squids to take advantage of his position
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>172208774
>Letting somebody fight alone against a cancer nation

It'll end badly for you in the long run, y'know.
>>
>>172211636
I'll be fine.
>>
ded
>>
Does anyone ever go for 9 Levels in the Pretender's Magic path to get bonuses like Regeneration for their sacred troops? Is it stupid to try building a sacred army starting on the first turn?
>>
>>172216420
Many many many nations have great sacreds for expansion with x9s. Giants are the poster boys of x9x9 blesses.
>>
>>172216420
Depends on variables family.
Water is rarely taken less than 9.
Nature all the way to regen depends on how much health and other defense they have and whether they care about regenerating.
Others are more varied.

Just look at the sacred unit, imagine if it has a bless effect or not and think about how good that would be. It's a fairly basic thought exercise.
>>
>>172216556
Thanks, then I will try rolling Fomors.
>>
>>172216669
Yeah, I figured Regeneration won't do much for squishy humanoids.
>>
Two very basic questions I'm unsure of the answer to:
Shape changing, Zhayedans for example:
If blessed or otherwise buffed prior to shape change, do they retain these effects?
Is a barkskin unit no longer barkskin if it changes shape?
If it is wounded before is it wounded the same in the other shape?

Other question is, how does ethereal interact with protection. Do both apply or are you tossing away a unit's protection in favor for the ethereal roll?
>>
>>172217056
Buffs carry over between shapechanging units, as far as I know. Maybe there's a specific variety which doesn't, but every one I've encountered has had buffs carry over.

Ethereal and protection stack perfectly fine. It's just most guys with intrinsic ethereal have zero protection because they don't wear armor.
>>
>>172216890
it can be worth taking if they're very good, like vanheres. N9W9 on EA vanheim works quite well
>>
>>172219402
I thought the N9 there was for the thug lyfe
>>
>>172220362
yeah but it helps the vanhere as well. They only regen like 2 HP/turn but that helps since they're at their best when berserk, and you want them to stay berserk for as long as possible
>>
Game now displays a tip on the main menu. Thanks Johan!
>>
FrogAndToadmin, please set Atlantis AI or sub him kthx
>>
I joined a game today and intend to go AI on the first turn because I hate the admin. Felt very good
>>
>>172221234
What game?
Also.going ai the first turn doesn't do much, you want to go AI turn 10/15 after being last every turn and not doing doubles, maybe stale once or twice before going ai
>>
>>172222226
it's a secret
And I will try that second one. Also I will attack him the turn I AI so that the AI is hostile to him
>>
>>172222553
>Also I will attack him the turn I AI so that the AI is hostile to him
Devilish.
>>
>>172222553
>>172221234
>>172222226

i don't support ruining games for other people, but i do like vangeance...what did the Admin do to you that it's worth avenging and shitting on other people too?
>>
>>172216890
It's good for jaguar warriors, since they have a second shape which also benefits from the bless. Combine with B9 and the real fun begins.
>>
>>172222553

This will do absolutely nothing, since the AI will just redo the turn.
>>
>>172222553
make sure you go with something ridiculous like a high Dom immobile in MA Ctis dominion
>>
Where's the best position to put mages so that they don't get raped by arrows during a seige (attacker side)? Assuming you have archers and front line chaff.
>>
>>172226458
Far away from your archers.
Not too close to regular troops.
>>
>>172226551
Do the towers have a preference for archers or something?
>>
>>172227027
Overlooked the siege bit.
>>
Does glamour help protect against aoe spell like EQ?
>>
>>172227545
Nope. I dont think glamour even helps against regular arrows.
>>
>>172224950
I joined as statue of fertility Ermor
>>172224426
fuck
>>172223151
He refuses to postpone for anyone, but postpones for weeks for himself. He basically plays disciples by having at least one IRL friend in every game that they are allies all game. He "forgets" trading deals
>>
>>172228171
>tfw 700 monkey archers that cost half a gold a monkey kill 30 elves
its worth it desu, even if its not actually worth it
>>
>>172228589
Just attack him first and wait until he counter attacks. You'll go AI and he'll end up attacking you because you were at war, thus pissing off the AI.
>>
>>172228971
so 350 gold for 600 gold kill? I think that's worth it.
>>
>>172229198
they dont actually cost half a gold a piece, theyre like 5 or something. theyre terrible but its still funny
>>
If I have priests preaching on a fort while other commanders are sieging it, and they break siege, do the priests join the fight?
>>
Does anybody want to trade their death gems. Giving nature,fire or earth ones.
>>
>>172230752

Everyone in the castle fights the besieging army if it breaks siege. if they didn't, the hordes of wolves/skeletons you've been summoning for chaff would just melt on the first turn without any leadership.
>>
>>172231240
You mean the besieged army right?

The besieged army would fight the priests who have been preaching as well as those who have been sieging
>>
>>172221065
k
>>
Does anybody know how guard towers work in a seige? Like what are their attack priorities, how much damage, etc?
>>
>>172231459

Whoops, misread that. Yes, the besieged army would fight the priests who have been preaching as well as those who have been sieging.

But still same answer. If you have a priest set to "preach" and a commander set to "siege" (presumably with an army attached) on an enemy's fort, and the enemy sets his commanders to "break siege" inside the fort, the priest will participate in the fight, regardless if it is "maintaining siege" or "preaching"

literally thousands of hours to test.
>>
>>172230803
Will check if I need anything once I'm home.
>>
Found a version from mid-July.

https://mega.nz/#!3wpkWIKQ!v1THky_egFtEua0kiZQ-aPbVjCKgWRHwrHMEGD6YFvc

Anything newer than this one?
>>
>>172232126
Thanks. I'm a newer player, and I've never done this interaction before.

What would be the easiest way to set up a game where I could control two sides at once without it being PBEM?
>>
>>172232892
You can just set two nations to human controlled in single player. Just keep clicking on the AI difficulty until it changes to human.
>>
What are the worst, most useless, no utility units in the game?
>>
>>172234005
Your current nation's sacreds.
>>
>>172234005
i really struggle to find xibalba's dart throwers any useful compared to their lance friends.
i don't even know how to script them since they won't even fly if i tell them to fire.
>>
>>172234868
But burning ones are pretty strong.
>>172235058
That was another thing I meant to ask. Do all flyers with a ranged weapon not fly if told to fire? Because thats some bullshit.
>>
MEMES SHALL SAVE US.
QUICKLY CREATE MEMES
>>
>>172238628
It's not a meme but Pangaea's nymphs are some hot stuff. Wild naked women with horns, long messy hair and goat legs? Genius.
>>
>>172239184
10/10 would put it in their goat anus
>>
File: australian bops a kangaroo.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
australian bops a kangaroo.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>172239184

>no Australian nation

Let's correct that, shall we?
>>
>>172240305
That dude was a brave mother fucker. That kangaroo could have disemboweled him.
>>
>>172239353
Morale+DRN/14 would be awed by goat anus.
>>
>>172240489

If kangaroos are so tough why didn't it disembowel the dog?
>>
File: 1378588559751.gif (246KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1378588559751.gif
246KB, 360x240px
>>172240305
>yfw Australian Pangaea
>kangaroo pans
>spider centaurs
>crocodile minotaurs
>>
Which nations can build naval forts in Middle and Late?
>>
>>172240913
They normally wrestle dogs and dingos to the ground before they fuck them up. Also the dog was wearing chest armour since they were out to hunt boars.
>>
>>172241078
What nations can build forks in Middle and Late?
>>
>>172241263
Where is the joke dobson
>>
>>172241348
In a fort
>>
>>172241078
Jomon is the big one.
>>
>>172235421
Burning Ones are okay, but their hideous defense score does them no favours, and means that they're more vulnerable than most sacreds to being countered by simple good positioning, since almost everything is going to shred them if it gets the first attack in.
>>
Does anyone have a cached version of the booster guide I can check out, since Desura is currently dead?
>>
>>172241078
literally just open dom4inspector and check what nations have UW recruitables

>>172242919
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1guUcu_b1jTKzYZ3vNWIrENioLqlIFvDFVzlfhQEt6CI/edit
or use archive.org
>>
>>172243046
Which do you think is the best, then? Second-best, in case the best is a self-destructive nation.
>>
>>172243643
MA Agartha, LA Xibalba and LA Atlantis are top tier. LA Mictlan is p good. MA Xib can be strong too, depending on the map. Other ones are on the weaker side.
>>
>>172241486
For you.
>>
>>172232658
Would still like an answer to this post.
>>
>>172235058
>>172235421
Xib's dart throwers are used precisely for that rare situation where you want your units to not fly and not be in line formation. It's a pretty niche case, but I used it a few times with natgen bats that had darts

In summod, lance bats are useless because the clubswords do 14 damage on every swing, whereas lances do 14 damage on the initial strike and only 10 damage per hit afterwards. The 30% armor piercing is generally not worth the damage dip, since most things against which it's relevant will also require a second hit to kill, at which point the club swords are better.
>>
>>172242628
They have solid prot and HP, so even things that hit them first won't necessarily kill them.
>>
So would you prefer this or Civilization for playing Simcity?
>>
>>172246440
Probably Simcity since you cant build more than three buildings in dominions.
>>
>>172232658
what is it nigger
is it the actual game?
>>
>>172245141
Maybe, but the point is that while they're good for expanding, Burning Ones are pretty mediocre against actual players unless you go super heavy on a bless.
>>
>>172248451
Double blessed burning ones are pretty great, mea familia. They're up there with vanheres and frosty giants for early game rushing. Abysia's issue isn't that burning ones aren't great; it's with actually doing stuff in the later part of the game, since nief and vanheim both have way better magic and can use the bless for their thugs while Abysia can't really do recruitable thugs.
>>
>>172234005
Cavemen.
>>
What's the difference between each "Magic Research is x" variable in game setup?
>>
File: 20170327220923_1.jpg (10KB, 58x293px) Image search: [Google]
20170327220923_1.jpg
10KB, 58x293px
>"bats are declawed now, they won't amount to anything anymore"
>"better stop attacking since they are out of the game"
FOOLS, ALL OF YOU
DON'T TELL ME I DIDN'T WARN YOU WHEN THEY WIN THE GAME
>>
>>172251562
Just put up like 10 PD and you're set.
>>
>>172251562
>niefelheim
>struggling against Bats
Why not just, like, walk onto their capital?
>>
>>172251913
>Heat 3
>>
>>172253183
so bring a few more giants?
>>
>>172253183

Use a werewolf noob
>>
I'm not asking for advice, just raising awareness among the other players that stopping bats eradication is a huge mistake.

>>172253373
So why I have all my giants at his caps he just caps all my provinces in two turns?

>>172253440
Way to early in the game. Don't even have revenants in the game.
>>
>>172253776
If their cap is under siege, they have no money with which to buy more bats. Then, when you catch their raiding parties with your giants, their losses are permanent
>>
>>172254808
Sorry, I was a steadfast member of the Anti-Bat Alliance, but after cowardly, selfish elves attacked there's no way I can help. My sole purpose is to keep elves busy for as long as possible...unleash the wolves!
>>
>>172253776
sorry m9 my scouting is atrocious. All I saw was you and his capital when I stopped and I have no desire to fuck with bat's Cap
>>
>>172256886
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>172258172
Why didn't you convince me not to drop out when I did?
>>
>>172232297
>>172230803
I do have a lot of deathgems I have currently no use for and I would very much like earthgems.
>>
>>172250934
magic research is easier makes you need less research to get more magic, magic research is harder means you need more. idk how you could possibly not immediately get that
>>
Please join:

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TheWheelHasTurnedOnceAgain

!
>>
>>172259308
Do you have a chart handy for what the values are?
>>
>>172259164
I didn't know, obv
>>
>>172260190
So are you fighting bats again?
>>
>>172259692

LUKAS STOP MAKING GAMES SO U CAN BADMIN FFS
>>
>>172260345
abonetopick is not Lukas, I can confirm it because I'm the badmin, and last time I checked I'm not Lukas
>>
>>172260963
We are all Lukas on this blessed day
Use just the combined mod, tho. It already includes both
>>
Amuys here.
I can resume work on my mods now that I just graduated the first and hardest part of Nuke School.
>>
>>172261781
Congrats
>>
>>172260052
no, theres only a few options and multiplayer games are always on normal because anything faster makes it go by way too fast. just look at them yourself
>>
>>172263485
So where do I look up what the values are for the higher research levels?
>>
>>172261781
>Amuys is a nuke
I don't know how to feel about this.
congrats, you do great work and are insanely prolific, so if your coding is anything to go by you're gonna make a great nuke
>>
>>172261082
thanks, I actually wasn't sure.
Will change when I update the mod
>>
>>172261781

Did you abandon your career in getting stabbed?
>>
>>172265508
That always struck me as more of a hobby
>>
>>172265613
Like Steven King and getting hit by cars
>>
>>172263639
just research them you goober, set starting provinces as high as you can and money as high as you can and then you can play with however many schools there are human players you control yourself and make the chart you want to see. itll go by really fast
>>
>>172265957
Was kinda just hoping this information was already documented somewhere, but okay.
>>
>>172266205
like i said, its never used in multiplayer and most people dont even use it in singleplayer unless theyre just really goofing around.
>>
>>172266478
easy research is standard for smaller blitzes to make stuff that isn't bless-rush more viable. difficult research was actually fun in the game I played with it, and I'd be down to run another larger game using it. early magic is still important, but it really extends the midgame and makes stuff like ros and golems take longer to come out
>>
>>172266205
After spending 5 minutes testing each setting and googling the research chart

Level n; research for level (total research)
Level 1; 50 (50)
Level 2; 100 (150)
Level 3; 200 (350)
Level 4; 400 (750)
Level 5; 700 (1450)
Level 6; 1300 (2750)
Level 7; 2400 (5150)
Level 8; 4400 (9550)
Level 9; 8000 (17550)

Multiply by
Very Easy:0.4
Easy:0.5
Normal:1
Difficult:2
Very Difficult:4
>>
>>172267771
Thanks my dude. It's curious that Very Easy and Easy are so close
>>
>>172266712
not many people play blitzes in general i dont think, but that does make sense. and i feel like difficult research would make bless rushing really strong, or at least make them much harder to counter. though it might be itneresting depending i suppose
>>
File: Daedroth.jpg (299KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Daedroth.jpg
299KB, 1024x768px
>>172240937
>crocodile minotaurs
>>
New Discussion
What if you make bless effects ridiculous but they only apply when your god is alive and awake?

Ex. Imprisoned A9 W9 E9 F9
Gives airshield and glamour (A9)
Quickness and liquid body (W9)
Reinvigoration and Ironskin (E9)
Flaming Weapons and uh... Heat Aura (F9)
but these blesses only apply after around year 3 when your god wakes and turn off when your god dies
>>
>>172269538
airshield+ glamour might convince me to actually take A9 outside memes
>>
>>172269538
Awake blesses are already decent. With this sort of thing in place, you'd pretty much never see anything else. With those examples, you'd basically see E9 earth snakes run by every nation every game
>>
>>172269538
>Flaming Weapons and uh... Heat Aura (F9)
Fire shield nigger come on. Heat aura would knock out your own guys wouldn't it?
>>
>>172261781
Voice of El mod when? REEEEEEEW
>>
Dominions 4 but every time you fight a battle, you play a Conquest of Elysium 4 game with that army as your starting units
>>
File: 1412551191536-0.jpg (8KB, 176x137px) Image search: [Google]
1412551191536-0.jpg
8KB, 176x137px
>>172270890
>>
>>172270890
I actually really like conquest of elysium and rarely lose against the AI, i havent played 4 that much since i just dont play games too much anymore but i had over 500 hours in 3
>>
>>172234005
I've been playing for two years.
I'm still trying to figure out how to make EA C'tis serpent dancers work. They're literally sacred militia with less damage.
>>
>>172234005
id have to with >>172250404 on this, i cant think of anything worse than cavemen.

>>172272384
I have no clue how to play EA c'tis, but some units just dont work anon.
>>
>>172201715
Fuck you nick
>>
I love LA Lentia!
>>
>>172274163
What? I didn't kill him the first time.
>>
>>172276132
Yeah you did though unintentional. Imagine the god of death dying to a stone statue.
>>
>>172276337
No, I actually didn't. That was Moat. I killed him the second (and last) time.

Unless we're not talking about Fourth, in which case I'm just confused.
>>
File: Het.png (450KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Het.png
450KB, 640x480px
>>172270890
>>
File: shinjihashadituptohere.png (167KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
shinjihashadituptohere.png
167KB, 306x273px
>>172269538
>heat aura
Yeah, that's exactly what Marignon needs.
>>
>>172276520
Oh right sorry you're right. Forgot who's who for a second. For all that were watching during fourth hope yall had a good time because I did lol. Anybody have screenshots? I can't believe I didn't save those. If I go digging in my email logs I can probably find em.
>>
Hey guys how do you guys successfully storm forts? Do you put mages waaay in the back to save them from archers or do you put them to the side away from archers but still close enough to hit inner defenders with spells? Any cool fort siegeing strategies?
>>
>>172279894
Sit on all the forts till they go AI
>>
Anyone interested in a normal vanilla EA game? I can summod if desired. xibalba and lanka will be banned if vanilla. Otherwise game on.
>>
>>172116836
All these meme games suck. Can we play a normal game?
>>
>>172280475
madman's only meme is that it's not a meme
>>
>>172280196
If you're going to change the normal vanilla EA experience by banning nations, you might as well summod
>>
>>172280196
>dogpile lanka and xib on turn 1
>do not be diploed into not doing that
Jesus christ people it's not hard.
>>
>>172280196
EANoMeme

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/135512625253673621/

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EANoMeme
>>
>>172280816
>>172281034
>Then proceeds to play Xibalba to win the game

Ok sure Xib is allowed...
>>
File: 20170327204937_1.jpg (52KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
20170327204937_1.jpg
52KB, 1024x705px
I'm glad I came back to this game.

Also, what's the deal with Man's baller-ass special knights? Those guys are pretty strong.
>>
>>172282474
Man's everything is pretty strong
>>
>>172282474
>>172283181
Man is scary as fuck.
>>
I think I'm going to host a mega meme game, using summod and ME, along with the chocolate thrones and sites, an all nations in one age mod and some nation mods like warhammer and the pymous ones (ledan and those other two), maybe allow a special request nation as long as it isnt the super OP ones. You could have penguins fighting dwarves fighting MA ermor fighting EA jotunheim, itd be cool i think. I'd have to edit some stuff though because I know when you add in a lot of nations they tend to start interacting with each other in weird ways
>>
File: Ow.png (556KB, 728x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Ow.png
556KB, 728x1680px
>>172283181
>>
>>172283780
>warhammer
>ledan
>not super OP
Senpai...
>>
>>172283780
easiest way would be to copy paste in whatever nations people request into a .dm and check for conflicts
>>
File: RemoveOrBeRemoved.png (6KB, 230x186px) Image search: [Google]
RemoveOrBeRemoved.png
6KB, 230x186px
>How's the removing going guys?
> ...Guys?
>>
>>172284670
theyre not OP on the same level as some of the mod nations, like the doom ones or a couple of others. and some of the warhammer nations are just really good by vanilla standards instead of super OP. i just want people to be able to play a vanilla nation if they really wanted to, xibalba or MA ermor or a few other nations would do fine

>>172285193
thats actually a pretty good idea, thanks anon
>>
>>172286029
you can even throw whatever vanilla nations want to join in there too, just be careful of MA ermor/Lemuria and some of the other spawning nations having massive conflicts because of the way that mod cmd works
>>
What in tarnation is happening in fourth turning?
>>
I'm not awol, I just thought I'd already sent in my turn.
>>
File: 1465762376405.jpg (122KB, 635x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465762376405.jpg
122KB, 635x600px
>>172285657
I'm AI'ing myself. I know too well what late-game with 99 AIs is like. I probably could've won if I tried hard enough (stay tuned for AI with enchanted forests lel), but that's just not worth it. I don't have anything to prove to Lukas and Moa, and it will just be a total slog, so I'll save them the trouble.
>>
>>172287693
>says to be elves
>in a game with only Eriu/Vanarus/Vanheim left

Literally which nation even are you?
>>
>>172289110
Oh. I forgot. Vanheim.
>>
>>172286831
Everyone is keeping true to the tradition of going in on the people that go in on Bats.
>>
>>172286831
I attacked bats with Ur, because he had four thrones and as the name says that's when everyone turns on you.

Helheim and Kailasa punished Agartha in the name of the weeb, Niefelheim took a dive into Atlantis with the world's greatest underwater army, but that has since been destroyed.

Arco and Atlantis are going all tsundere on me. Pretty sure Aran got another death basket or two, not sure where from but its usually a safe bet.

Machaka is still hanging onto life . . . somehow. Therados, aiming for the toppest vulture award, vultured a bat throne and is currently in the process of consuming Pelagia (or trying to at least).

The entire world forgot TNN even existed because their glamour is more OP than the usual elf glamour.
>>
>>172289468
>Helheim and Kailasa punished Agartha in the name of the weeb
I feel pretty vindicated now. Domo arigato you baka gaijins.
>>
File: cath2.jpg (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
cath2.jpg
9KB, 225x224px
saved the thread.
>>
What are the most efficient uses of gems, out of combat?
>>
>>172294194
empowering everyone to astral 1
>>
>>172289468
>Niefelheim took a dive into Atlantis with the world's greatest underwater army, but that has since been destroyed.
You can't just say this and not post a battle report
>>
>>172294194
Crafting and rituals. What a stupid question.
>>
File: Madoka the magi killer.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Madoka the magi killer.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>172294723
Thanks for the non-answer.
>>
>>172294951
You expect answers when you post worst girl?
>>
File: but what does it depend on.jpg (113KB, 250x437px) Image search: [Google]
but what does it depend on.jpg
113KB, 250x437px
>>172294951
Okay, here's a better answer
>>
>>172294951
>what's the most efficient use of gems in every situation ever
IT DEPENDS

Here's your answer. Now read the fucking manual and play some SP.
>>
>>172294194

The most efficient use of fire gems is fire sneks.
>>
File: Manual.jpg (129KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
Manual.jpg
129KB, 665x574px
>>172295286
???
>>
>>172294661
>a battle report
>implying there was only one

Will see if I can dig them up some time tomorrow if the thread needs saving.
>>
File: read the manual.jpg (283KB, 811x599px) Image search: [Google]
read the manual.jpg
283KB, 811x599px
>>172296263
>>
File: GhostLoli.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
GhostLoli.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
Tips on Therodos for a friend?
>>
>>172298382
Vanilla Therodos is unplayable.
>>
>>172296263
>>172296969
>>
>>172298481
I spam EA R'lyeh in vanilla. Therodos can't be that bad.
>>
>>172298872
HAHAHAHAHA

It can.
>>
>>172298872
Go watch the badnation game on youtube, where people specifically drafted nations to be as fucking terrible as possible (including giving one dude nothing but standard units)

Now understand that all of those nations specifically made to be terrible are far better than vanilla therados. People legit could not make a worse nation.
>>
>>172281034
>implying
>>
File: thanks for asking.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thanks for asking.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>Founded a research fortress on a well of pestilence
Fucking A.
>>
>>172299665
So who's actually winning in that game, in terms of size / research / whathaveyou
>>
>>172299768
no one yet, it's turn 20 because
>fast turns
was a meme
>>
>>172299768
Who knows. I LITERALLY can't afford scouts.
Elves probably.
>>
>>172300010
You can generally get an idea for who's big and who's been left alone to tech up by that point
>>
>>172267771
>>172266205

It is. On the Dom IV Wiki. In the first post of the thread. Every thread.

http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Research
literally just added the research setting parts.

work on the wiki, yall.
>>
>>172279894
Give your mages armor, buff them with anti-physical or anti-missile defenses, or just accept you're going to lose some. Where you put them depends on what you're doing.

Buffing troops with body ethereal to bypass the chokepoint created by the fort walls is a pretty fun strategy.
>>
>>172244015
Jomon is honestly pretty good.
>>
The download link for the map was actually broken (hosted on desura) so I changed the map to leaking land.
I also bumped it to two starting provinces.
>>
File: llama.jpg (176KB, 829x572px) Image search: [Google]
llama.jpg
176KB, 829x572px
>>172304621
Check the map list on llama.
>>
>>172299768
Elves have a lot of money cause I haven't been able to fight them for my lands, I'm currently holed up in my 3 forts. Bats are still alive, Nief is attacking them seemingly without help. Not looking so great, for me or the game.

>Elves are completely busy in my territory, hint, hint
>>
Mict: 21-23
3+ forts

Sauro: 16-18
7 forts

Nief: 16-20 (volatile)
1 fort (just lost one)

Bats: 17-20 (volatile)
3 forts (just stole one from Nief)

Yomi: 17-21
unknown forts

Helheim: 16-18, not a lot of forts

Kailasa: 1 unsieged fort, 2 sieged forts

Marv: Capital, 2 other provinces

Therodos: 12 provinces, unknown forts

Bats and Frost Giants are swapping provinces a lot, and probably cut off from some of their income.I'd guess that Sauro's leading in research, followed by Mictlan or Yomi. Mictlan or Yomi are probably the richest, but Sauro's up there too since they have nice scales
>>
>>172307878
Make sure to deathbasket elves or bats.
Maybe some day /domg/ will finally learn.
>>
>>172308771
What bless is Mictlan running?
>>
>>172309739
n9b9
>>
>>172309091
By deathbasket, you mean give THEM gems? I've offered gems for a couple of things but nobody's taken me up on them, so right now my gems would go to Nief for his altruism.
>>
>>172310824
If your whole goal is to take down Helheim, why not just bribe one of the big dogs into doing it? Mictlan, Yomi, or Sauro could each solo Helheim without too much issue.
>>
>2017-03-27 18:41:11 +0200
>Impassable borders no longer counted for start locations
>>
>>172311376

Yessss, wooo finally!!!
>>
>>172311187
I've offered, but so far no one's done it. In case it was unclear, anyone attacking Helheim will be rewarded with whatever I have.
>>
>>172310824
Yes, if you decide to give up, give them your gems. The holy duty of every /domg/ player is to remove bats, elves and cancer nations.
If they refuse to do that, let them burn. Maybe they'll learn once they drown in winged darkness.
>>
>>172314208
What about birds, furries, ACTUAL furries, backstabbers, and dindus?
>>
>>172314208
bats dindu nuffin
>>
>>172314541
Birds are just bats without stealth, so yes.
>>
>>172314871
Birds also don't blood
>>
>>172314541
dindus literally dindu nuffin
>>
>>172314541
You forgot giants.
>>172315727
They aren't master race, therefore they must be purged.
>>
>>172316978
they were kangz tho
>>
>>172314871
>>172316978
Birds are fine, it goes bats, elves, then maybe Pan. Giants are good, but they can't super-raid like the others.
>>
To the MAdmen; would you guys be willing to accomodate a newb player? I have about 15 hours or so in, so I at least have half a clue of what I'm doing (though that was a while ago, I'm probably going to have to get some SP time in to refresh my memory), but I'd just like to make sure in case I end up getting immediately ANAKITE'D or something to that effect. Would still need to brew up a pretender et al for the game as well, so is there anyone I could discuss that with?
>>
>>172319225
I can help somewhat, hop in the discord. I'm not IN MAdman so I can give you help without it being revealed
>>
>>172319225
It's fine, as long as you're okay with dying before year 1 ends.
Ask for advice in /v/anheim steamchat, Dominions 4 discord server or #dom4goons on synIRC.
>>
>>172319225
Dude join it'll be fine
NO PAIN NO GAIN
>>
>>172319225
Join because losing is the fastest way to not lose. You look at what tools your opponent used and use them in your next game. You will probably lose quickly here, no offense
>>
>>172319225
Find one or more of the experienced players on steam who aren't in the game and ask them a bunch of questions.

I'd suggest you post here asking for pretender advice, but doing so right after announcing you're a new player is probably not the best idea.
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EANoMeme

3/8

Join for vanilla EA game. Anybody can join.
>>
>>172259257
50 for 50?
60 for 60?
>>
>>172319225
it's the only way to learn. join.

just pray you won't border me, because i know no mercy
>>
>>172319764
I presume the one with alguLoD as what appears to be admin is the right one?
>>
>>172322179
Yes, but I have to leave now. Just ask for help and they'll be happy to give you some pointers!
>>
>>172322256
No worries, I have to dance around lectures/coursework for the next couple of hours myself.
>>
>>172321825
joined, i am somewhat new so please don't hate on me.
>>
did ctis from MadMan ask to be deleted?
>>
>>172318652
t. Birds
>>
>>172321825
Jesus this filled fast.
>>
>>172321825
>tfw you pick abyssia but at least youre not therodos
im not at the absolute bottom of the barrel
>>
>>172325001
Damn, no room for a ninth? Also I'd really recommend Summod, for Xibalba and Therodos if nobody else
>>
>>172322756
I did, I just decided I would rather play any number of nations more
>>
>>172327141
>No summod
>That's the point
>>
File: 1481280795222.png (117KB, 391x284px) Image search: [Google]
1481280795222.png
117KB, 391x284px
I, for one, welcome a regular game after a few months of summeme's tyranny on /domg/.
>>
>>172327597
You do know you also can host games right?
>>
>>172327862
Well, yeah, but you need a premium account on llamaserver, so . . .
>>
>>172327371
Cool. Just declare bats the winner then if the player is good, they should be able to 1 v All.
>>
>>172327141
what does theredos do that is supposedly so broken?
>>
By the way, C'tis staled last turn.
I hope this was a one-time thing.
>>
>>172329837
theredos is brokenly bad, not good.
>>
Also, do you still want to trade gems Agartha?
>>
>>172329837
Nothing. They're legit less threatening than any of the story events.
>>
Can I go AI? Would rather not micro hordes of undead against the AI.
>>
>>172329837
i actually wanted to play pelagia but once i saw theredos in the game i just felt too bad doing it
>>
Does quickness work on ranged archery units? And does it change how quickly crossbows can fire?
>>
BET ON YOUR MERCENARIES FOLK

stop giving games away just because someone menaged to get them all at the minimum price. they are extremely good for expansion of al but some of the gold-based dual bless nations.
>>
>>172331087
but then how will you win?
>>
>>172283780
I'm down for another scrubwarriors.
>>
>>172330128

What was the deal?
>>
>>172283780
Sandeth included?
>>
>>172335286
Since sandeths dudes have crazy prices could you whittle them down by running around taking their provinces instead of fighting them and starving them for gold like you might try on giants?
>>
>>172336072
Sandeth does not have an upkeep so they won't desert from lack of income and any provinces they have become worthless after ~5 turns from popkill and unrest anyways. I think the best way to fight Sandeth is to spam temples and sit armies along their borders to domkill them. Sandeth can't counter temple spam, they have 800 gold temples, and will be forced to bring their limited immortal units out of their dominion.
>>
>>172330128
Don't forget about me. I asked you previously how much gem are you willing to trade.
>>
>>172325001

OFC people dont want meme games and we only had those for a long time
>>
>>172335286
i distinctly remember playing as sandeth before in sp but i cant find the nation now anywhere, do you have a link to them?

>>172335084
ill end up making a thread on steam eventually and shilling it here. its just going to be a pain making sure none of the mods mesh with each other, sinc ethat happens easily when you have like 10 custom nations all in one
>>
>>172342934
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3020
>>
>>172343408

Doesnt seem so strong and troops are ass, whats the catch?
>>
>>172339090
Did you? Depends. How much are you willing to trade?

>>172335279
I think I actually confused you and Ulm there.
Or were you looking to trade gems too?
>>
>>172348126
Reform
>>
>>172348126
Every single troop is immortal and can reform during battle after being killed.
>>
>>172348814

How good is that shit?

>>172349587

Are they? inspector only shows reform.
>>
You have 43 hours until you stale, Yomi. Submit your turn.
>>
>>172353440
only 5 hours have passed since first turn sent
already complaining about stales
>>
I found a Jervellan Wall the same turn I started building a castle, and it still says "continue fort construction". What should I do?
>>
>>172355017
It doesn't matter. Bonus - you can't build fort improvements other than labs or temples anymore
>>
>>172353957
it should only take like five minutes for a first turn, but then the host shouldnt have set the first turn time limit to fucking 2 days
>>
>>172351805
They super are.
>>
>>172355208
That's still a whole grand pissed away for nothing.
>>
>>172355654
Eh. Getting the Wall is kinda like having your fort finish early. It would have been better to build it somewhere else instead, but it doesn't hurt you to have it done sooner
>>
File: 1471082984737.jpg (479KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471082984737.jpg
479KB, 1920x1080px
Does the F9 bless affect ranged attacks? The description says melee, but the visual effect for my blessed archers shows flaming arrows.
>>
>>172356514
yes. So does D9
>>
>>172355479
Think Yomi is probably either sleeping or working
>>
>>172348225
Mate you are dense as shonen MC. Do you even look at yous? But I will repeat it again. I have 60 earth gems and I m looking for death gems. 1:1 trade or at least 2:3 trade.
>>
>>172357992
>Mate you are dense as shonen MC. Do you even look at yous?
I'm switching between phoneposting and regular posting. (You)'s are lost along the way.
> I have 60 earth gems and I m looking for death gems. 1:1 trade or at least 2:3 trade.
A 1:1 trade could be arranged.
We can do that trade this turn if you want. Will do my turn tomorrow and send you the gems.
>>
>>172360637
This turn then. I will also play my turn tomorrow.
>>
>>172294661
Niefelheim invaded me with about 6 niefel jarls, 8-10 gygas, 6 skratti batteries, a bunch of niefel Giants, and some minimal chaff. They killed about 300 deep ones and shark tribe, and a number of sea trolls and fall bears that were set up for killing ryleh over two battles, and then lost the whole thing apart from some jarls when they tried to storm a fort with my demilich in it.

Then they tried the same thing again and got swarmed by quickened marble warriors living water, and lost all but one niefel jarl who is currently running around being a nuisance.

They ultimately set back my conquest of ryleh by about a dozen turns, which is a massive pain in the ass, but not an insurmountable one.
>>
I'll need a 2 hour extenstion tomorrow as I'll be gone for the whole day and will only come back in the evening.

>>172360939
Yes.
>>
ded
>>
>>172101787
dontstaledesusempai3 ctis here, nighers broke into my apt and stole my compiter among other things. that is the thing about Brazil, you better look for a sub.
>>
>>172364243
The Ulminati strike again!
>>
>>172364243
Should have summoned a watcher.
>>
>>172365072
C'tis doesn't have the magic for that
>>
>>172355554
>>172351805
>>172351805

Testing with them reveals some quirks. None of your troops have upkeep, but they are pretty expensive and seem to be entirely cap only. Everything has map move 3, but nothing flies, you can't cross water, and you only have wasteland survival. On top of that, your dominion spreads unrest pretty hard, making it tough to recruit your awesome cap only everything. You have super expensive temples and forts, making pushing your dom pretty tough. You get mundane researchers, but they have an inept researcher malus. Your only decent labrats are your 420 (death recruitment 20 granted) super mages, that get an S1 random and are perfect for mind duel nonsense. Pretty much everything gets regen, but pretty much everything is under 20 health, and even then get regen 5%.

You can't play like it like standard domkill and just expand outside your dominion for more cash, since everything is immortal and you dont want to lose any of your very precious units. You also can't really play it tribless since you can't reanimate sacreds like Ermor can.
>>
>>172287693
Shall we call it done then, Eriu?
>>
>>172365072
Speak not the Watchers,
Draw not the Watchers,
Write not the Watchers,
Sculpt not the Watchers,
Sing not the Watchers,
Call not the Watchers' name
>>
>>172366183
Suggestions on taking Sandeth's capital? Their immortal labrats are all assassins and can cast elementals and skeletons
>>
>>172371491
hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>172371491
>>172371564
domkill or make someone else do it
>>
>>172371491
Just cast like 100 Murdering Winters on them.

Eventually they will surely be too afflicted to properly mount a defense
>>
>>172371951
They can also summon shitloads of chaff for cheap as well as just summoning their regular units.
>>
>>172366183
t. alex2015sa
>>
>>172372314
He doesnt allow them in mod games he runs because they are busted as shit.
>>
What's the best summon in the game and why is it Huli Jing
>>
>>172372702
summoning horrors
>>
>>172361061
They set back your conquest of R'lyeh by about as much as R'lyeh did.
>>
>>172372702
Sentinels
There is no better vanilla summon than unkillable rocks
>>
>>172372702
toads and abysian ancestors
>>
>>172364243
Finally got access to a computer, text was full of typos anyway because of cellposting and bus. But I would recomend people to find a sub for me as quickly as possible and to give a turn extension.
>>
File: 1412551621072-0.jpg (43KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
1412551621072-0.jpg
43KB, 400x356px
>>172374761
anon, that's a worse excuse than "I'm in the hospital because a methhead stabbed me"
>>
>>172374761
How serious of a sub would you like?
>>
>>172375293
That meth-head created a chain of events that led to Carlix joining the domg team, so I'm pretty sure that it was all worthwhile in the end
>>
You know what I want? The ability to artificially inflate your spellcaster's path levels for the purposes of scripting and planning so the words are colored correctly based on the level they'll be at after communions and path boosts. Right now it's telling me I won't be able to cast all the spells in the list because it thinks it needs the gems for level boosting but I know it's going to be enough.
>>
>>172377519
I want a functioning battle simulator so that I don't need to worry about any of this.
>>
>>172377519
It's really not that hard. Look up communions in the book, and that's it. No hard math here. It's literally addition.

As usual read the manual.
>>
>>172378087
reading comprehension
>>
>>172378087
I obviously know all that. I'm just not 100% sure whether or not they're going to burn the gems anyway. There's no way to be 100% sure of that without testing that specific battle which is a needlessly huge pain in the ass.

To clarify: I know what the answer is regarding levels and ability to cast spells. I just want to game to display that data accurately.
>>
>>172378087
What if my manual is out of date because its a physical copy?
>>
>>172379612
Then you should handwrite in the missing pieces
>>
>>172379612
>If you want a printed manual which is highly recommended
>we recommend your manual to be out of date
>>
>>172380146
i really liked using it when it had all the nations and was right, really convenient and kind of fun in an old school way. now its still kinda neat i guess, im glad theyve added stuff though so it doesnt bother me

>>172379853
if it had room i would, but its missing several nations too so theres no way to
>>
>>172375295
I've postponed for 24 hours so you can maybe get a sub. Go to the steam group /v/anheim and enter the group chat for us to contact you.
>>
Game: EANoMeme
Turn number 1
Next turn due: 14:40 GMT on Thursday March 30th

Abysia 2h file received
Berytos 2h file received
Lanka 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Xibalba 2h file received
>Yomi Waiting for 2h file

>Last nation to join
>Last nation to send in turn

Why do people do this?
>>
>>172380776
>turn due thursday
>its fucking tuesday
>>
>>172381090
Have you never played a game before? All first turns are 48 hours extended. Even still as the last nation it's easiest to send in a turn before any other nation. Instead of arguing you could've sent in your turn.
>>
>>172381828
im not yomi, i already sent in my turn hours ago
>>
>>172382129
I'm not in this game. I just want to keep this thread alive. No hurt feelings.
>>
>>172382457
its going to be awful, im abyssia and some poor soul picked theredos and theres a xibalba and a lanka
>>
>>172382738
Form a grand alliance to make theodoros win without theodoros finding out he's being boosted.
>>
>>172383540
even better, itd fuck with some autists statistics about which nations win and how they use that to balance them in their mods
>>
Post ichtyids.
>>
File: 1490639530408.jpg (33KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490639530408.jpg
33KB, 600x477px
>>172385304
this is an ichtyid right?
>>
>>172385780
Nah, try again.
>>
File: BattleOfMictlan.png (422KB, 626x758px) Image search: [Google]
BattleOfMictlan.png
422KB, 626x758px
Elfs Memes can't melt Bat Walls
>>
File: 0150_2.png (7KB, 92x104px) Image search: [Google]
0150_2.png
7KB, 92x104px
>>172386472
surely this must be it
>>
>>172386871
REEEEEEEEE, THAT'S NO FISH!
>>
File: 1054_2.png (1KB, 39x40px) Image search: [Google]
1054_2.png
1KB, 39x40px
>>172387106
here have a fish with tits
>>
>>172386546
Bane Lord?
>>
>>172388235
20 Fire eles. Classic
>>
>>172373861
>unkillable rocks

There are so many ways to kill them it isn't even funny.
>>
>>172383953
If you are talking about sum1 then he is already a quack for making these dumb mods that are supposedly "balancing". But either way I don't think it's possible for Therodos to win any kind of serious game. Ever.
>>
>>172388872
expound
>>
File: Me.png (260KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
Me.png
260KB, 600x625px
>>172380776
>>
>>172392695
You are a thing of beauty
>>
>>172390386
i think some of his changes are okay, and i think some of them dont really do anything, and then some are just bad. i agree with you on therodos though, i wanted to play pelagia but i felt too bad to when i saw somebody playing them
>>
File: better do some blood hunting.png (135KB, 1132x1336px) Image search: [Google]
better do some blood hunting.png
135KB, 1132x1336px
I love jaguar pajamas!
>>
File: aztec warriors.jpg (55KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
aztec warriors.jpg
55KB, 480x371px
I love blood hunting!
>>
>>172375293
fuck you weebshit. I had half my academic life (that is not much in total) in that computer. I hope the niggers who did this die in two separate housefires.
>>
>>172391158
Heat Aura/Cold Aura fatigue them out. Elementals in general do pretty decently - Abysian units rape them, and Ulmites do to (not like Ulm needed the help). Bludgeon weapons + SoG generally does pretty well against them in general.

Horde of Skeletons can bring them to autoroute if used defensively - then all the statues dissolve. Fat-nuetral thugs/SCs can as well.

Enough T-strikes can also lay them low, though this really depends on mages vs statues numbers.
>>
Abysia Waiting for 2h file
Berytos Waiting for 2h file
Lanka Waiting for 2h file
Mictlan 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
Vanheim Waiting for 2h file
Xibalba Waiting for 2h file
Yomi Waiting for 2h file

>Yomi doesn't take a double turn
>>
How much does Burden of Time age a unit in years per turn?
>>
>>172408725
I think it is year\turn. Also kills about 2% of the world's population each month.
>>
File: 1401867324578.png (94KB, 288x326px) Image search: [Google]
1401867324578.png
94KB, 288x326px
>>
>>172415187

I hate it!
>>
>>172410552

Fairly sure its faster than year/turn. I distinctly remember it being random too. Probably DRN then.
>>
File: 1427052107985.png (700KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427052107985.png
700KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>172420654
>tfw no birb gf to blood sacrifice
>>
File: 1470509332309.png (290KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470509332309.png
290KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>172423313
Nicest Hastati you will ever meet
and twisted fucking psycopath.
>>
File: pelagian3.png (336KB, 797x600px) Image search: [Google]
pelagian3.png
336KB, 797x600px
>>
>>172364243
>turmoil xibalba
>>
>>172383540
that is standard therodos playstyle
be nice to everyone, buy a beach from someone promising an influx of trinkets, use gold to recruit mages that will forge even more trinkets, hoard W gems to get telkhine and sell artifacts for all sides of the global war. When you have critical mass of ghosts, go AI and laugh
vanilla
>>
I can't see the tomb wyrms in the inspector

where are them?
>>
>>172428054
they arent neither in "recruitable" or "summoned", so pick "all units".

Also toggle "nationals" off if you had it on.
>>
>>172428054
right behind you
>>
>>172428054
>>172415187
>>
>>172428054
Brief grammar diversion: Who are *they*.

Object pronouns, like him, her, them, are used when they're the object of a verb, not, as in some other European languages, at the end of a sentence. An example: "I called her." Her, because the verb 'called' was done TO her. She received the call.
But in most cases, you use the subject pronouns (he, she, they).
Confusingly, with some statements with the verb 'to be', we do use object pronouns, but it's a pretty rare situation that usually goes with a declarative statement: "Who stole the bike? It was him." Or simply, "Him." But you could also reply, "He did."

Yes, this is all part of my plan to keep the thread alive.
>>
>>172431262
*Where, dammit*
>>
>>172431262

Grammatic is very important to the Nazi party and you are doing a fine job Herr Obergrammatikfuhrer!
>>
>>172334252
i always bet 2 gold more than the min
this beats people who pay the minimum and also those who pay 1 more
>>
>>172433818
I always bet 3 gold more than the minimum because of chucklefucks like you
>>
>tfw all the people I've given advice to have won their games
>i still haven't won even one
t-those who can't do teach, r-right? H-haha
>>
>>172435537
joke on you i bet 4 just to shit on people like you who think they are overly smart. I don't tihnk i am overly smart myself i just do it to laugh at you.
>>
If an arrow lands on a square, does it automatically hit a unit in that square?
More specifically: shoule I be putting 3 size 2 mages in a square instead of spreading them out to each have their own square if I'm worried about arrows?
>>
>>172437629
if a size 2 is alone in a square and an arrow land on that square, there is a chance it wont hit the unit depending on the vacant space on the square
>>
>>172437818
Can anybody confirm this? If it's true I've been doing it right all this time.

But I still wonder why people like bunching their mages up (and not actually using buffs on them).
>>
>>172437991
I can. The manual can, too. Pages 93-94.
>>
>>172437991
the manual clearly say that missiles will randomly hit one out of the 6 size points of the square.
so a human mage has 2/3 chance to dodge an arrow that hits his square, while Ur mages will have just 1/2.

i think i've seen it happening once or twice. if you want to be absolutely sure test it.
>>
jesus christ will people please join the meme games so that we can get them over with? Or will the admins of the meme games just make them smaller?
>>
File: do you suck dicks.jpg (173KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
do you suck dicks.jpg
173KB, 1280x720px
>>172439808
>joining meme games
>>
>>172439808
Elf demands 12 memes
>>
>>172360939
Gems have been sent.
Hope we can do business again.
>>
RIP me
>>
>>172443357
Battle log
>>
>>172445017
Nothing to battlelog.
Bats did the old 360noprovinces.
>>
>>172439808
my memes require me to have a certain number of memers.
I also really hate small games.

And again MAdman has no memes
>>
Are there tables or guides explaining how Ragha's temp recruitment work with different temp scales?
>>
>>172446990
You get the lowest mages no matter the scales, your sacreds require at least 1 but will finish recruiting if your level changes same for your StR mates.
Your big/medium mages need at least one of their respective scale.

Take heat 2/3. You get W1 natively and can easily boost to cast the cold inducing spell, you can't easily boost to cast the heat inducing spell. Also Griffins are the best recruitables in LA and possibly the game.
>>
>>172447934
How many turns a year can you recruit from opposite Temperature with a 1, 2 or 3 scale with just the passing of summer/winter?
>>
>>172446109
Didn't you have their cap sieged?
>>
>>172449108
I tried, but your big bad giants aren't that big bad in heat 3.
Or rather the commander died and they got routed.
>>
when you play berytos, what units do you recruit?
>>
>>172449384
maek box
put special mans in middle of box
>>
>>172449487
Expansion: Elephants with small amounts of infantry for lures and squad stuffers or Colossi if you're running a double bless
After expansion: Depends on what works best for your first war. If your opponent can't handle flying, quickened elephants, you can do flying elephants. If your opponent can't handle flaming arrows, you can make your archers.
When you get demons: Literally just wizards. You want to transition from flimsy human troops to super awesome murder demons as soon as you can
>>
>>172449510
>maek box
>put special mans in middle of box
Tried, special man always ends up on the edge of the box, frequently right at the front.
Maybe skirmish formation works better for that.
>>
>>172449384
Have you tried not using giants?
>>
>>172450084
The reason your guy ends up at the edge is that they were at the very back.
>>
>>172450104
>Have you tried not using giants?
>literally just got to summon my first Revenant

>>172450229
Well fuck me.
>>
>>172448873
I can't recall off the top of my head and am phoneposting from work so I can't look it up.

I'll do the math when I get home (3-5 hours depending)
>>
>>172450274
I meant troops that weren't giants, you know meatshields like Barbs or Amazons
>>
>>172449740
so no swordsmen nor spearmen?
>>
>>172450561
Not really on option for turmoil, luck, dual blessed Niefelheim. You get some giants, struggle to ge your research goals for upkeep free reasearch/thugging and then transfer to summon based armies.

Also those troops mentioned would just be instagibbed by bats. Gonna try that not-on-the-edge boxing.
>>
>Send N9E9 thrice horned boar to cast Beast Mastery becuase enemy army had around 100 beasts
>Get hit by an arrow from PD (they had 4 archers) and go berserk
>Die

Well fuck me.
>>
>>172451019
why the fuck would you use a thrice horned boar
>>
>>172451080
They're a really cheap chassis for NxEx. They work well as both a bless build and an awake. The berserk thingy makes them vulnerable in armies, same as bulls

>>172451019
and this is why we bring arrow catchers
>>
>>172450960
You can use them as filler for elephant squads, since 5 elephants is usually overkill but you need more than that in your squads to prevent a tickle from routing them. I like the elite spearmen or colossi for that role.

Elite spears are also okay for lineholding, but they don't actually kill things. If you need someone to stand in front of your flaming arrows, they'll work adequately, but you want that line to be as thin as possible so you can spend your money on archers and infrastructure. If you're using flying elephants, you just want a small, cheap lure and, again, want to spend as little as possible. Come demons, you don't need them for much at all. Like, if you're doing little sailing raiding squads that's fine, but again your goal for your units is to be as few and cheap as possible so that your stormcaller doesn't get shot by PD when he makes an elemental. It's not that you never recruit them; it's that you recruit them in ones and twos as chaff, and it isn't hugely important which unit you use for this role
>>
>>172451554
militia best troop them
thanks for the pointers, time to beat EA
>>
>>172452179
I like using heavy spears because they're slightly more reusable, and also because having higher morale is nice with elephants. But, yes, for most purposes militia or javelin spearmen will work fine too
>>
>>172451232
I never feel comfortable using a berserk pretender for that exact reason, theyre way too iffy. but i guess it lets you use something other than the standard

>>172452179
were both going to get fucked by bats and demon monkeys, probably mostly bats. the last nation standing safe from the bat hoard will be lowly theredos since nobody will bother invading the 3 provinces they managed to take from indies
>>
>>172453256
>I never feel comfortable using a berserk pretender for that exact reason, theyre way too iffy. but i guess it lets you use something other than the standard
They're great expanders and bless builds as I mentioned. It's only when you want to use them as big combat casters that the berserk becomes a serious liability. Even then, a self-buffed stompy thing can be hard to take down until you get some decent magic online
>>
Need an extension for DSDS3 and Jobbing xibalba please. 24 hours.
>>
>>172453256
As Abysia I'm pretty sure your job is to spawn next to Xibalba and suicide charge them for the good of the people.

If you don't start next to them then clearly you need to work on your luck skill.
>>
>>172454606
if im next to them its all i plan on doing and hoping my diplomacy scales are good enough to fend off enemies. if theyre not bordering me i guess ill attack whoever ends up backstabbing the people who are attacking bats

>>172453460
ive had them die too often because they go berserk before its time, but you are right that their paths and point cost is nice. and its something a little different too, which is always fun than just using earth snake or a monolith/tree
>>
>>172455867
>Not candidly rushing your next door neighbour.

Abysia dominates 4player games due to them being so strong before the early counters pop up.

I admire your conviction against bats though, I plan to do the same.
>>
>>172457694
depends on who the neighbor is, with lanka and xibalba in the game youve got be careful. shame theres no jotunheim, wed be best buds since wed be too horrified by the others dominion to ever go to war. i hope our anti bat alliance goes well and involves minimum backstabbing anon
>>
File: sad george.jpg (118KB, 634x482px) Image search: [Google]
sad george.jpg
118KB, 634x482px
>>172450980

>turmoil, luck, dual blessed Niefelheim

Hopefully it'll work.
>>
>>172457694
>>172454606

t.Lanka
>>
>>172443357
You can do it, we believe in you. Don't let my death be in vain...
>>
File: TURBO.png (402KB, 629x919px) Image search: [Google]
TURBO.png
402KB, 629x919px
Do you love late game spells?
Do you love spamming late game spells?
Do you love global spells?
Do you hate managing gems?

Do you want to play late game but can't because some triple bless awake autistic fuck keeps rushing you turn 6?

Do you want a late game experience without committing to a game for 10 years?

I present to you: TURBO DOMINIONS!
"Everyone ragequits by year 1"

-ALL units cost >>0<< gold!
-ALL spells cost >>0<< gems!
-ALL spells cost >>0<< fatigue!
-ALL spells unlocked!

EA
Map: 10 provinces for every player
Indie Strength: 9
Score Graphs: ON
Special Site Frequency: 75
Number of starting provinces: 9
Artifact Forging Limit: NONE
Victory Type: NO THRONES VICTORY
Mods: TURBO DOMINIONS.dm (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwcRuOhUxShoN1ZiUGZWUlpPVFE/view)

Join NOW for the Ultimate Meme Experience! >>http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TurboDominions<<
>>
>>172460478
Didn't you just die to elves mostly?
You and Bats had both been posting at the start of the war that you had joined in just to take a few provinces and not to actually kill them.
>>
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3NqfFTec8
>>
>>172462991
yeed
>>
Name (1) one <uno> {singular} better cap only sacred than Griffins
>>
Have an early war against Pangea in my second game I've ever played coming up. It's against a difficult AI. I know anything works against the AI, but would flaming arrows be particularly effective if I have access to easy to spam archers?
>>
>>172468323
yep. Pan has no A and their mainstays (revelers or Maenads) don't carry shields.
>>
>>172468302
Bride in waiting
You didn't say "unit" :^)
>>
>>172468302
Black / White Centaurs.
>>
>>172468302
In a straight fight, they lose to their gold cost in supergiants (either frosties or anakites). On a small duel, I think nief or ashdod or even hinnom could reasonably just march their giants over. I'd say that the mobility makes gryphons better overall I'd say.
>>
>>172460821
Yep. But I think the elves attacked because of my participation in the Anti-Bat Alliance. Xibalba may even have convinced them to attack, which would be...good diplomancy.
>>
>>172468753
Depends who gets first turn, 3 Griffins would rape 1 bride if they get first turn, but bride with sufficient research wins otherwise.
>>172469107
2:1 ratio might not be enough to actually beat a Griffin since they have deathshape
>>
>>172470195
Also Wot4E and Vanheres
>>
>>172470195
For some reason you consider "better" as "solo fight", but I was thinking in actual fights. And brides are better in those.
>>
>>172470670
you also never specified :^)
>>
>>172470894
touche ;^)
>>
>>172470514
Vanhere maybe, but Wot5E no.
Warriors don't have enough damage or prot. you're going to lose about 1 per turn and be plinking away the entire time hoping for lucky dmg rolls

Vanehere on the other hand once berserk can actually crack the 20 prot and at 3:1 won't melt on the first turn
>>
>>172474879
B9S9F9 warriors :^)
>>
>>172475643
N9W9 Griffins :^)
>>
>tfw torn between a fluffy pretender that would work okay or a slightly better one
its for the autistic RP game so im heavily leaning towards a fluffy one
>>
>>172476215
I think gold for gold, warriors win that matchup pretty handily actually. I'd have to try it, though
>>
>>172476215
A7D8F4 stone hurlers ;P
>>
>>172476697
How can you not, honestly

>>172476717
>>172475643
The Build is W9S9B9 tbqhfam
>>
>>172476756
why d8? I feel like using that for a9 would be better
>>
Top 3 most hated globals?
>>
File: 1461509602578.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461509602578.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>172476697
>Try Bless Ys out
>can be fluffy little Morgen who has become a pretender
>or the slightly better chassis of generic mermaid god thing
>>
>>172476897
Astral Corruption, Arcane Nexus, Utterdark

The first one turns off gems, the second one should turn off gems but generally instead just lets you win because people are retards, the third one turns off gold
>>
>>172476881
I'm just pretending to be retarded, don't worry
>>
>>172474879
Having tested it before, Vanhere bless for bless and gold for gold beat every recruitable sacred in the game, usually handily.

Burning Ones in Heat 3 were the only instance they lost, and only then if the BOs got the first hit.
>>
>>172477209
That sounds right to me

It's also the case, though, that different sacreds like different blesses and that vanheres can use some of the generally strongest blesses well. Their base stats are solid and they're elves, so W9 is great. Their damage is high enough that the extra hit% from F bless helps make them killier than usual as well, and since they have a large number of attacks the same goes for a B bless against high prot/hp targets. Since their prot is pretty decent and they go berserk, N9 is very usable, and with their glamor even the unloved S and A blesses have a higher than normal impact.
>>
Is should attacking MA Ermor but not attacking MA Ermor an example of the Prisoner's Dilemma
>>
>>172476897
going off of which ones are most dangerous and needs to be shut down; astral corruption, arcane nexus, and utterdark.

if you want to count magic enhanced then any of the globals it adds that have negative effects, theyre all retardedly good.

>>172477020
im going to end up gimping myself slightly for the fluff, its a RP game so it makes more sense. now i get to stress over the name for my pretender

>>172477164
i actually really like blessed stone hurlers for fun
>>
>>172477728
>Try something out in singleplayer
>think deeply about my pretender's name for five-ten minutes
>play a multiplayer game
All Hail BONELORD SUPREME
>>
>>172477989
>Think Demilich looks like a bunny
>What's a good rabbit name
>What are some bunny properties
>Cute Fluffy Bouncy the God of Ermor
>>
>>172478204
I named my demilich after the lyrics to a girlscout song. Serves me right for letting my baby sister name it.
>>
File: ma ryleh.jpg (89KB, 524x554px) Image search: [Google]
ma ryleh.jpg
89KB, 524x554px
>>172477209

Thoughts?
>>
>>172481530
Can it expand into shark tribe?
>>
>>172481530

This question goes for everyone, not just the guy I accidentally responded to.
>>
>>172481530
This might be sad but - there is literally nothing that this thing does that a snake doesn't do better while also letting you expand more easily onto land. You don't need a coin god, since you can just take an E random slave mage onto land.
>>
>>172481530
I dont know what astral does for your kraken, you already have the best astral in the game with your mages. going for air would open up more options. im also not sure about misfortune, since i think it might make your starspawn less likely to succeed entering the void gate but i guess thats not the most important thing. i do really like the kraken though, its probably my favorite aquatic commander even if its not the best. make sure to give it a four war bows for maximum fun.
>>
>>172482105
>can't fire bows underwater
>can't go on land because you have 2 copper arms and eight hand slots
>tfw you've been taken for a ride and had one put over you
>>
>>172481530
Literally take a snek. It does everything that god does, but better.

It can even take higher E for cheaper for EBDW.
>>
>>172482338
the kraken natively has 8 hand slots and with air you can craft the amulet of the fish for it so it can go on land
>>
>>172482735
It has 4 according to mod inspector
>>
>>172482792
shit it does, im retarded
>>
Hey Sauro, who are you on Steam?
>>
>>172485848
who are you in game?
>>
>>172486884
Secret admirer?
>>
>>172488383
who doesn't love Malakal?
also I'm in fast
>>
>>172488658
I'm Sauro's secret admirer
>>
>>172482105

Astral lets me go ethereal and teleport.
>>
>>172488719
Don't forget magic duel!
>>
Assuming 1 indie province sitting between 1 army of 100 troops Nation A and 2 armies of 50 each of Nation B.

Assuming they all move in on the same indie prov, who fights it in what order? Is it determined by units sizes x num of units?
>>
File: Answer.jpg (168KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Answer.jpg
168KB, 800x800px
>>172490965
>>
>>172493090
Thanks.

Also.
>Sitesearch 12 provinces with Masters of the Five Elements, 4 of which were swamps and wastes, 2 of which were thrones.
> 5 magic sites in total, none of which were earth

This fucking game.
>>
>>172356693
Wait thats fucked. How is that not meta as fuck? AN bows sounds riddickulous.
>>
>>172497431
>sacred archers
>good sacred archers
hmmm
>>
>>172497431
D9 isn't that great.
Mrn kinda makes it suck
>>
>>172477020
meme game where you can make any build you want but if two or more players choose the same chassis for their god all those nations are destroyed.
>>
>>172497698
I know MRN makes the melee stuff suck, but I think it works slightly differently when it comes to arrows because of the infinitely greater attack density coupled with consistently low damage and complete impotence at getting through armour.
>>172497595
EA Machaka's bird archers should be sacred.
>>
>>172497595
tri-bless agartha #1, f9a9d9, the ultimate rocks

>>172497721
desu i think pretender balance is where the game struggles the most out of all of its balancing issues. most of the pretenders really are just outclassed usually
>>
>>172497595
Innovative strat time.

>Sacred/Shrouded commanders with War Bows
>>
>>172497787
That implies that you can recruit a large number of sacred ranged units.
You can't.
Cheapest and easiest to mass is probably Caelum, and even those blow
>>
>>172497796
blood nigga
strength boosts damage and range on the rocks
blood vengeance may be a decent meme anyway because everyone and their dog is going to hit and deal damage to the stone hurlers
>>
File: 1469917949113.jpg (201KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469917949113.jpg
201KB, 1920x1200px
>>172499053
Don't do it
>>
>>172500008
>almost 2000 gold
>>
>>172498854
>That implies that you can recruit a large number of sacred ranged units.
>You can't.
Well okay I'll accept that. But if you COULD mass sacred archers with the same volume relative to the volume you can get sacred swordsman relative to normal swordsman. It'd work.
>>
>>172448873

With Neutral Temp: Cold Recruits for 3 months, Heat for 3 months

With Heat 1: Cold Recruits for 1 month in Winter. Heat Recruits for 9 months, neutral temp in early/late winter.

With Heat 2: Can't recruit cold recruits. Can recruit heat recruits for 11 months, have neutral temp in Winter

With Heat 3: can never recruit cold recruits. Can recruit heat recruits every month.

Early/Late Summer/Winter move the temp scale by one. Summer/Winter move the temp scale by two.

I am 10000000% certain that all this stuff is mentioned in the manual/wiki.
>>
>>172481530
>password
You're one of those guys who starts stalling early and wants to make subbing him as annoying as possible, aren't you?
>>
>>172505274

I've never stalled.
>>
How is the Community Clash going?

Is it even a thing?

Be gentle, I've been out a while.
>>
I love Dryads!
>>
>>172511162

Dryads a cute, a cute!
>>
>>172460671
jesus, I like meme games but this is literally "A Nations Win" the mod
>>
>>172513464
>>172513464
>>172511162
>>172511162
fucking cuckers
>>
>>172503936
>Cold Recruits for 1 month in Winter.
Are you taking into account StR?

I'm not certain what happens if you start recruiting a StR mage during your one turn of cold. Does his recruitment pause after, or does it let you finish?
>>
File: 20170330123154_1.jpg (48KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170330123154_1.jpg
48KB, 1366x768px
>tfw fog warriors
>>
This general is so dead because we have no good drawfags/fresh memes.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>172523330
It seems like you failed a invasion, bird-kun.
>>
>>172525486
Could also be that there are like half the people here compared to a moderate speed general with pressing news to discuss.
>>
>>172460671
>cast burden of time turn 1
>cast volcanos turn 1
>cast horror seed turn 1
you just take death 3, turmoil 3, luck 3, drain 3, production 3 and youve got a ton of spare points and you take literally no hit for all those other things because you dont need research or gold. you can just make some fucking cauldrons all day for supplies since gems serve no purpose otherwise. this is a terrible idea
>>
do your turns
>>
>>172527813
NO!
>>
>>172527813
already did fucko, why dont you remind people to design their pretenders too
>>
I really wish the vampire queen wasnt so shitty, and I really wish I wasn't so autistic that I still use her for thematic reasons even when the master smith would be a better choice in almost every respect
>>
>>172527813
*STALLS IT*
>>
>>172521213
They can recruit StR so long as its c1 at the start of recruitment, can't they?
>>
>>172521213
>>172532637

After countless ages of running a very small test game, and years lost to going through the manual, the wiki, and every ragha guide, i have finally determined the answer.

You can start STR Cold Mages in cold 1, and they'll still recruit even if the temp changes.
>>
If only you knew how bad it really was.
>>
>>172523330
what happened was:
>peaceful with everyone
>abysia attacks me
>start dealing with him, stalemate because i have shit gem income and next to no research because lmao 3 forts 2 labs no gold
>then aspho joins the party, and I have to deal with his horseshit
>microing unsupported bird stacks, thank god everyone else is about the same skill level and I didn't lose too many
>things actually going pretty well at one point, Abysia goes AI, ulm is helping me out
>then C'tis jumps in and Ulm goes AI
>now I am fighting a four front war against 2 AIs and 2 players both of whom have very large and well supported armies
>get beaten back to cap, retreat all my troops and mages back in and hide, researching
>no one wants to poke the porcupine
>hit fog warriors
>emerge from my shell to once again try and be a peaceful fucking neighbour which is literally all I wanted to be just like in DSDS but NO ONE EVER FUCKING BELIEVES ME GODDAMN
>>
>>172533823
get out of here STALKER
>>
>>172539248
>peaceful neighbor DSDS Acro
Yeah nah
>>
>>172540954
*Caelum
Who have I attacked in DSDS or DSDS2?
>>
>>172541043
The assumption is
>bird peaceful
>>
>>172485848
I'd prefer to stay anonymous.
Hit me up at my Hello Kitty email though
>>
>>172542227
remove birbs
>>
>>172545545
What is it?
>>
Income independent from population
No population
Turn 1 all-research
>>
>>172549612
you okay friendo?
>>
File: 1488592004403.png (36KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488592004403.png
36KB, 800x800px
>failed to siege an AI MA Ulm fort twice when all it has is 21 master smiths and a crossbowman

Kill... me...
>>
>>172508213
It clashed and burned.
>>
>>172508213
As far as I can tell:

Local Florida Team, teamliquid and Former SomethingAwful Team are in a deadlocked war that will keep all of them from being contenders for winning.

rpgnet and dom3mods are basically dead and TLF (the chinese) nearly has their land nations dead. Pelagia still owns the ocean though, surprise surprise.

/domg/, /v/anheim, Clockwork, t. malakal and the other chinese are all still going strong, and are also all right next to each other.
>>
>>172556142
t. Florida team
>>
>>172556257
I don't actually know how Florida team is doing in that war, I just heard they're fighting both liquid and notSA
>>
hey admin are you here?
it says my turn 4 is corrupted. i already sent myself the turn again, downlaoded it again and it's still corrupt.
is this a solvable issue? i am new to dominions so i don't know what to do when i have bugs.
>>
>>172558652
Whew, Xibalba is new, guess we can just dogpile Lanka
>>
>>172558652
He's not on steam right now, theres a thread in the group to post in too. according to llamaserver, this can happen really rarely. just message him on steam, he's going to have to get the turn sent to himself and then he has to forward it to you. from the FAQ
>Very weirdly, a problem's happened twice where a particular turn file arrives in a player's inbox corrupt. On requesting a resend, the turn arrives corrupt again. But the file's fine on the LlamaServer, and if I change the e-mail address to my own and get it to resend it works fine. Solution: ask the admin to get the file sent to him (by temporarily changing the nation's e-mail address) and have him forward the file to you. The next turn the problem should have gone. This is super super weird, but fortunately also super rare.

congrats bat, youre special
>>
>>172559593
>>172559595
Thank you, i guess i'll contact the admin and hope i'll be able to do the turn on time.
>>
No elf gloating, me and s1w must be winning. Everyone pile in while. You can!
>>
>>172559593
>>172558652
>>172561196
This has to be some elaborate diplo from xibalba to have everyone dogpile on lanka while xibalba grows unstoppable. Don't be rused everyone! >As if I wasn't already going to kill both of them in the first place.
>>
>>172508213
>>172556142

Florida team and teamliquid claimed first 'kill' in getting the something awful players to all rage quit after a failed awake pretender rush.

First nation knocked was Sceleria on rpgnet with several more nations on the edge of it.
>>
>>172559595
>>172559593
>>172561196
>>172564187

we tried to do it and it doesn't work, even admin sees it as corrupted.
>>
>>172565994
PS:
what the fuck can i even try to do now?
>>
>>172565994
>>172566505
all you can do now is stale for this turn. pretty shitty this early on
>>
>>172566505
email Llama
>>
>>172568428
dont think theres anything you can actually do about it, this happens sometimes and its a known issue
>>
>>172568201
Forcing a stale sounds like a reasonable nerf to Xibalba
>>
>>172568873
there may not be, but if there is Llama will be able to do it
>>
Why did you do it, admin
Why did you extend elves
Are you elves
>>
What is domg's official mod/age/map choices for tourney play?
>>
>>172569818
All units sacred mod in MA on B O L I N G A R D
>>
>>172569818
i didnt even know there were tournaments, i dont think you could do a very good dominions tournament desu. too random, too poorly balanced, too slow.
>>
>>172570878
That's more vanheim but it would be oneage
>>
>>172571169
We gotta do something to cheap this shit alive desu
>>
>>172571465
were doing pretty solid i think desu, were even closing in on the post limit again. theres a new game to shitpost about and a couple of others that have the players to start if people would submit their fucking pretenders
>>
>>172571586
Ok so what if I want to me me a tourney into being? Any suggestions besides NO?
>>

anyone want a natgen game?
no mods just natgen
>>
>>172569020
Just trying to goodmin
>>
>>172573675
LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE STALING ANYWAYS HOO BOY
>>
>>172573125
I could go for another natgen game I guess. I finished up a bunch of games recently so I have some free space again.
>>
>>172556347
If you combined the provinces of team florida and the two teams they're fighting altogether, they still wouldn't be in the top 3 for province size.

Pelagia alone is bigger than any of those teams. I'd put money on either domg, rpgcodex, or TROW
>>
>>172573125
a natgen game would be fun rn, id join
>>
>>172570878
MA is terrible for Bolingard, you literally need sailing to function on the map if you're a land nation, and UW is Pelagia town. Literally any other age would be better.
>>
>>172574638
>>172574231
Unholy Guard (Hoburg - colossi), 35g, 20r, Exceptional Falchion, Heavy Sling, Plate Cuirass, Leather Cap.
--- Sacred, Ranged sacred and Cold resistant
so far so good.
>>
>>172579786
I really wish there were more ranged sacreds in the game to make air blesses work
>>
>>172580260
Make minor air give scaling air shield and major air give glamour
>>
>>172582006
that would make it a lot better, but i really like the concept of it giving precision and missile range. maybe change the way precision works with spells, especially multishot spells. or make the range bonus more substantial. the biggest issue is just a lack of ranged sacreds though, caelum, LA man, and EA agartha are it i think, and agartha throws further with blood than air. if it interacted with mages better it could be great for nations like ulm with sacred priests that cast big multishot spells, or maybe if the range would affect spell aoe nations like abyssia would like it. airshield glamour would probably work a lot better though
>>
>>172508213
At turn 40ish now.

Rpgnet, TLF (Pelagia China) and Dom4mods were gangbanged early. RPgNet has two sieges caps left. Pelagia China has 2 sieged caps and all of underwater. RPGnet took chunks out of both of those; Vanheim got a smaller chunk, and domg took a big chunk off rpgnet.

Dom4mods is down to caps, but has a bit left. They were mostly eaten by Trow (Jotunheim China) and a little by Clockwork and a little by Codex.

Liquid and Florida started off ganking SA, but they quit and were subbed. The subs got Teamliquid to switch sides since Florida made most of the gains. They now appear to be stalemated.
>>
File: 0900_1.png (2KB, 45x59px) Image search: [Google]
0900_1.png
2KB, 45x59px
>>172568891
corrupt files new meta
>>
Oh boy, I sure can't wait to get home and look at my turn and see that absolutely nothing went wrong in this placid, friendly game
>>
>>172585754
anon, Malakal is in the game.
Every nation could be backstabbing you right now.
>>
>>172573125
>natgen
Make it without mega-super-duper insane-o sacreds and have someone better than me look out for disproportionately broken nations and I'll probably join up.

Although I'd also like the general adjustments that Summod brings to the game, if it's possible to mix that with natgen.
>>
>>172589368
** Great Marsh Gutuater (Fomorian), 240g, 4r, Jotun Spear, Robes.
--- 1W 3N 1.1? (nature, astral, water, fire).
--- Slow to recruit, regeneration and resource generator 25
is the most broken shit I've run across in my gen so far.
they are balanced by the fact that they don't get any mages for less than 155, but still...
>>
>>172590282
That's pretty weak, honestly.It's comparable to a Lion King, except also magic duel bait
>>
>>172590282
>>172590480
or actually, it's more like a somewhat worse Capricorn or ur shaman, but also cheaper
>>
>>172590480
it's a dirt cheap thug, with incredibly good paths, and native regen
>>
>>172590746
My dude, that's an awful thug. It's StR, has no built in stealth or flying, no magic phase moving paths, and N is a pretty bad thug path. Native regen is basically just compensation for it not being holy, since if you wanted to use recruitable thugs, odds are good that you'd just take N9
>>
>>172592294
It's comparable to a Skratti - i.e. one of the most iconic thugs in the game. Saying its awful is sort of like saying thugs in general are awful.
>>
>>172592475
Skratti have stealth through their transformation and blood magic so that they're useful when they're not actively thugging
>>
>>172592294
the N means it can enlarge and add extra regen (going from 4hp/turn to 8)
the W and randoms mean it can throw down defensive buffs and no stealth/magic move is easy enough to overcome by simply deploying them out of your army
>>
>>172592475
Skratti are fine given that they can stealth as >>172592609 said, but if the strongest thing you've found is a weaker version of a dude who's a side show thug / communion slave, then that's a pretty weak nation overall.
>>
>>172592971
pretty much, the only thing worse was the 2E1A 145(ish) hoburg
>>
>>172299734
i do this all too often
>>
>>172593281
That is insanely better
>>
>>172595447
nah, the 80g glamoured 1a1e vans were the absolute fucking worst.
>>
>>172595557
Those are probably also much better thugs than the nature giants.
>>
>>172595557
a1e1 is either stupid good or basically worthless, depending on if summod is being used.
>>
What would a sacred archer need to have to make an A9 bless actually be worth it?
>>
>>172604171
either recruit anywhere so you can actually have enough crazy high precision and range archers to make it worth something, or give the arrows some sort of magical effect and make them strong but expensive and shorter range than normal bows. that way the bonus range would do a big deal and the bonus precision would also benefit them, maybe even a slower rate of fire so theyd have to make each shot count. basically make them dependent on having the extra range and precision to really be good

alternatively, add in more combat magic that relies on precision. maybe some ranged summoning spells that are really innacurate so precision makes them a lot better. at this point i realize im just describing caelum spamming archers and lightning strikes
>>
>>172604921
archers with aoe secondaries, so the precision makes it actually hit shit?
>>
>>172604921
The game really should have more ranged summons. The one that Abysia has in ME is a pretty fun alternative to spamming fireball.
>>
>>172605090
thats one of the ideas. either that or basically guns, take forever to reload and have a negative precision modifier so only having ~10 precision on the unit would mean theyre shooting at like 8, so with an a9 bless theyd shoot at 12 instead. if you watch sacred bird archers shoot with their 17 precision they are really accurate

>>172605428
i actually really like spamming fireball since its one of the more directly satisfying spells to watch hit the enemy, though abyssia does need variety
Thread posts: 709
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.