[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ss13g/ - Spessmen on a Spess Station

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 767
Thread images: 74

File: lynch2.png (205KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
lynch2.png
205KB, 600x434px
Last Thread: >>171713130

Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>pomf visits
>xenoarch autism
>20 minute rounds

>What is Space Station 13?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
http://pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
http://ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
http://ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
http://byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main /vg/station server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
http://byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>/vg/station forum and logs
http://ss13.moe/forum/
http://game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
http://game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
http://pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
http://stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
http://ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
http://ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ
>>
first for fuck R&D let me autism in peace
>>
>>171805160
Not your job my man. Just open your pda, turn off your ringer and pda reciever, and shut off your headset.
>>
File: diamond.png (1MB, 1180x676px) Image search: [Google]
diamond.png
1MB, 1180x676px
>Boxed_I is back
>Jjenjr is back
>Orangerush is back
>Kernikov is back
>Mopstar is back
>Ozarkaflash is back
>Tokmicz is back
LET THE LEGENDS COME BACK TO LIFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDtj-2qnTXk
>>
File: familyphoto.png (533KB, 964x781px) Image search: [Google]
familyphoto.png
533KB, 964x781px
>play xenoarch
>spend the first half of the shift on the roid doing xenoarch things
>only good things I find are a cult sword, katana, and soul shard
>FG is running low, I'm getting hungry, site is getting exhausted
>head back to the station
>ask around to have an honorable sword duel, winner gets the loser's soul eternally slaved to them
>find an assistant that was willing
>gather that they're new, reluctant with the sword duel because I don't want to spill fresh blood
>we just box instead
>getting ready to pack up
>XENO CLAWS THROUGH THE DOOR
>tell the assistant to fucking RUN, and that I'd handle it
>xeno attacks us, but kill him with my katana, folded 1000000000 times
>drag around the xeno corpse, not sure what to do
>try using the shard on it
>it actually works
>xeno soul is begrudgingly slaved to me
>I try to get him a body by doing a ritual (I've started a pretty similar bus before, figured it was worth a shot again, pic related)
>put down the runes, ready the xeno parts for the ritual
>begin praying
>attempt to convince them that Nar'sie is benevolent and I've done decades of research on his ways, as a xenoarchaeologist and all
>rather large crowd gathers
>Ola even sacrifices himself on the cult blade for it
>nothing but a frankenstein that got gibbed, no dice on the shell
>go back to the bar to drink in utter embarrassment and bitterness
>release the shade because he's probably tired of being in the shard
>tell him to do whatever the fuck he wants, just not to kill people
>never see him again, probably killed by someone
>shuttle called
>pray for a last hurrah at Centcomm, to prove that Nar'sie's religion is real and not a cult
>papa narnar delivers
That was fun. Sorry for not doing R&D, miners and mechanics. I was getting really into xenoarch and thought one of the on-station scientists would handle it.
>>
first for babies day out mode when
>>
how do I become a good antag? everytime I roll it I just can't kill anyone because everyone is so nice and I'll just end up helping them
>>
>tfw you have been playing same job with same static name for over three years and yet nobody knows you
>>
>>171805626
how did you think the on station science crew would do rnd when we were pretty much all killed 5 mins into the round? the clown killed at least 3 of us pretty much round start. i even said 2 of them were killed in science coms before proceeding to be killed myself. you should have noticed there was literally no one in science instead of trying to be a ghetto chaplain.

also goddamn people stop greentexting yourselves
>>
>>171806059
No need to kill, sabotage, setting up traps and framing are always good choices, if you don't meet them you might not get attached to them as well.
>>
>>171806073
I probably know you. You can be known, but never mentioned in the thread. I know Blast Ripneck, but he's never dramatic or anything, so you never seen him mentioned, but everyone knows him.
>>
>>171806105
Sorry man, I was busy finding cool shit in rocks, I must have not noticed. And I only greentext myself when buses happen, especially ones that may be confusing to people not involved. I saw people wondering why Centcomm was edgy in deadchat.
>>
>>171806059
turn antag off if you aint the type who likes to murderbone. if you are then its basically
>enable head roles
>be human
>use your access or law 2 a borg for access to get hypospray with sleeping drugs/a plasma immune hardsuit/a gun
>go bully xenobio/virology since its very rare anyone checks on them since they're luck based like xenoarch without being as much of a pain to get to and unlike xenoarch have very little payoff anyways
>go kill the mime since he can't yell over comms without breaking vow
>by this point if your the type of antag that gets stronger via absorbing shit you should be pretty strong and if you aren't you should have plasmaflooded everyone or got a borg to do it
also if you can get the emag its basically always good
>>
>>171806460
>turn antag off because you don't murderbone
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>171806460
>Murderboning is the only way to antagonize
no
>>
>>171806105
ah fuck not clown wizard.

>>171806424
fair enough

>>171806073
>>
>>171806460
>Virologist

They were my objective two rounds in a row before and it was the same guy. He actually made it to the door the second time.
>>
>>171806551
>>171806574
if you aint gonna be a cheap asshole and abuse the weakest links in the station to kill everyone why even play desui
>>
>>171806691
Because if my victims are dead I am not having fun.
>>
>>171806691
Murderboning gets old as shit pretty fast.

But I've only found a few things to do that aren't murderboning, what's the level after killing everyone?
>>
>>171806073
bah didnt finish writing my reply to you. chances are people know you but your not annoying enough or interesting enough to be mentioned.
even that one vox trader everyone loves only gets mentioned very rarely
>>
>>171804901
I would need to define it if I wanted to formulate an argument involving it, yes.

So the SJWs are interested in artificially elevating the oppressed, and de-escalating the oppressors, as you say. How can we prove that they are of an authoritarian mindset, who will ultimately institute "gulags and mass execution of right-wingers"?
>>
>>171806860
subverting the AI and ordering the borgs to kill each other then the last one to wrench the AI and drag it into the space
stealing money to buy crates of borer eggs, hatching them then squashing them all
killing ian
>>
>>171805535
>old nostalgic faggots come back and start complaining about the newer static fags
>flaunt their ckeys in the thread not once but twice, as If they're the second coming of Christ

Glad to see faggots never change.
>>
File: 1490078946424.jpg (44KB, 720x610px) Image search: [Google]
1490078946424.jpg
44KB, 720x610px
who be talking shit???!1?
>>
>>171805626
Anyone ass shattered about rnd can get access or have a silicon help them
>>
Any spicy waifu's recently ?
>>
>>171807216
Avada!
>>
>>171807216
you
>>
>>171807216
ricardo!
>>
>>171806059
I've been appreciating some of the subtler approaches to antagonizing (because I'm extremely unrobust and my ping average is 100ms). steal another human's PDA and order the asimov AI to stealth execute several non-humans. If you notice people making ghetto weapons, try framing them by making fake crime scenes and reporting them to sec. always use disguises when doing questionable stuff. delete RnD after they synced it. drink the cryo mix and replace it with 100 units black pepper. replace the chem-fridge with relabeled mindbreaker. bolt all the vending machines in front of every exit from the brig. release perma prisoners and give them stolen ID's. ask to become a warden and melt/space everything in the brig and leave before you get caught. think of the most infuriating and frustrating things someone could do to you, and then do it to other people. destroying work can be more rewarding/antagonizing than destroying people, since people can generally get cloned without much work.
>>
>>171806059
kill shitters and deadchat will root for you
>>
>>171806460
>>171806691
>Get antag
>Kill people who can't fight back
>Die when you go up against someone who can
Great antag

To swrily them, take their cash and cut out their eyes
>>
>>171806860
Honestly? Subvert the AI to raise cash to pay denbts to NT while constantly recalling. Everybody loses their shit
>>
>>171807930
>die
>when i have an emag'd borg plasmaflooding everyone for me

i powergame its nice.
>>
i like to spend my antag roll doing light antag stuff
>see a botanist growing good shit?
>fill his trays with salt or toxin

>see someone building stuff?
>try to accidentally destroy or delay his fun

>see a mommi?
>buy the atmos antag item and follow it around on pipes yelling "no mommi, don't do that"
>>
File: IMG_0309.png (43KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.png
43KB, 800x1200px
>>171808175
>no mommi, dont do that
my fucking sides, hahahaha
>>
Post husbandos who you would make a father out of. Mine is Ola
>>
>>171806898
I am sorry but there is no point in discussing anything with you. You are completely out of the loop as far as this goes. They have a history of violence and intimidation, showing their violent side multiple times in protests across the country. They openly talk about how they want to kill all white people, and how whites are the cause of all problems on Earth. They label anyone who disagrees with them as Nazis, then exclaim how they'd love to punch Nazis. Draw the historical parallels yourself, surely you must know who the kulaks were?

Read:
http://www.dailywire.com/news/13228/here-are-all-left-wing-violent-protests-over-past-aaron-bandler
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/middlebury-free-speech-violence/518667/

For a brief glimpse.
>>
>>171808426
riccardo!
>>
File: when you code it.png (379KB, 892x562px) Image search: [Google]
when you code it.png
379KB, 892x562px
round start slime race when
>borgs get to bully slime people
>make them take toxins from being hungry to avoid shitters from picking it for free gloves
>easily countered by foam extinguishers
>malf ai? no worries
>just grab the nearest extinguisher if one of them starts to act like a shitter
>pomf approved
>>
>>171808117
I'm already in an atmos suit and soon the borgs are gonna have a whoopsie while I know who to shoot on top of that
>>
>>171808709
> he lists the most untrustworthy and biased sources he could find.
I'm not even the guy you're arguing with, but I had to tell you that your stupid.
>>
>>171808887
still a shit idea until xenobio has anything else to do that doesn't get outclassed the moment an engibot scans phazon.
>>
>>171809054
>Muh sources
>Calls someone stupid
>Can't even properly use you're

Fuck off retard. Are the Youtube videos and pictures accompanied in the article completely made up because they aren't posted on NPR? Do you really expect CNN to cover violent protests by people who ideologically agree with them? How naive are you? Oh and by the way, TheAtlantic is fucking liberal as shit you retard. Literally the first sentence of the article.

>My fellow liberals, please watch the following video. It suggests that something has gone badly wrong on the campus left.
>>
>>171808426
That underage AI with ADD.
>>
>>171808426
that guy who rocks a nice airstyle and shoots lockers
>>
How many uses does a Cryptographic Sequencer have? The wiki says that it has 3-4, but the text is crossed out. Is that information inaccurate?
>>
>play a very old white guy
>speak like an african youth

am I ruinin yer immuhzions?
>>
>>171809653
infinite
>>
>>171809653
it means it was limited before, but now it's unlimited
>>
>>171809653
infinite.
that's what makes it so obsenely effective despite its low price
>>
>>171809756
>>171809762
>>171809825
Wow, holy shit, no wonder I've been having such a hard time as traitor. If you're stealthy, you can just emag everything
>>
>>171809653

Infinite, people especially used it on the jukebox to make parties in the bar or ghetto bar
>>
>>171808887
Why don't we actually make slimeperson into a race instead of a mutant and buff it for xenobio
>>
How much damage does a normal katana do?
>>
>>171809969
around 50 or 60 force
xenoarchs need to find a rare pristine katana for that though
>>
Reminder that even if you buffed xenobio slime people, roundstart slime men would make xenobio even more worthless. Xenobio's only practical use is getting phazon and bananium early, and becoming a slime person, which is mostly for flavor.
>>
>>171809596

Back off, banevader is mine, he just doesn't know it yet.
>>
>>171808709
How would our constitutional hereditary monarchy be any superior to their authoritarianism, then? both sound pretty awful to live under
>>
>>171810115
Hot damn. By pristine katana, do you mean not rusty, or is pristine actually in the item name?

And how much does a cult blade do?
>>
>>171809917
you dont even have to be stealthy just be human and send a pda message to a borg to meet you somewhere, flash and emag it and then have it either get you where you need to be for your plan or just go drag a plasma canister into a crowded room you arent in
use them to get access to flashbangs and you can reliably stun a mommi without needing to be close to it and it can basically get anything you want since they can vent crawl carrying items and stunlock people to death with telebaton after popping from the vent
>>
>>171809917
Once it's confirmed there's emaggings I can search people till I find it

>>171809969
>>171810258
It's pretty clear visually and iirc it tells you if it's dull or rusted in the name.

Katana's and claymore's,
50% chance to be rusted, and only deal 10 damage (like katanas and claymores found through xenoarch currently deal already)
40% chance to be dull, and only deal 20 damage
10% chance to be normal and deal full 40 damage (which is their default damage, such as when spawned during highlander)

Cervix tickler nerfed cult blades down to 15 dmg
>>
>>171810225
I don't see how they are comparable. In that system, basic rights are guaranteed under the constitution. The monarch is free to do whatever they please so long as the constitution isn't violated, if it is, then he's removed by force. It's not much different from what we have now in that sense. The main difference comes from the fact the monarch isn't bogged down by a legislative branch, and can sign into law whatever they want. So if something needs to be done, it can be done. Owning the country and not having to turn over the country to your son gives a strong incentive for you not to fuck the country up, because then you're just making things harder for your son. Not the case in a democracy where the President doesn't own anything and is just a temporary caretaker. He doesn't care about the tough job the next President will have, just about enriching himself for 4 years.

Freedom of speech and other basic rights aren't guaranteed in a totalitarian state. That's the difference. Yes, the two systems both have a dictator, but one is bound and one isn't.
>>
>>171810258
There are three tiers for the swords
rusty
dull
and pristine
each tier does more damage
also cult blade is only 15 force
>>
anyone know how bone hammer and sword do and what exactly the strength increase mutation from borer does? does it let you do like 50% more damage? just increase unarmed? break things faster?
>>
>>171811043
>Once it's confirmed there's emaggings I can search people till I find it
only if someone is being suspicious or it isn't code green
>>171811190
It lets you resist out of chest mimics
that's pretty much it
>>
>>171811190
I think someone said the strength mutation increases throw damage or something
>>
>>171811259
Shit's emagged, it's already a confirmed threat.

>>171811190
Open the source in dreammaker nigga
>>
>>171811259
>>171811341
poop. at least when i used it earlier it gave my host mind reading somehow.
>>
>>171811105
>then he's removed by force
By whom ?
>isn't bogged down by a legislative branch
aka "He has no accountability, see point #1"
>So if something needs to be done, it can be done
See point #1
>>
>>171811452
People have the chance to spawn with a dormant gene, nonhumans have a higher chance to have their gene activated, and activating genes with other powers will cause dormant genes to activate.
>>
Quality singloose
>>
>>171811105
>The monarch is free to do whatever they please so long as the constitution isn't violated, if it is, then he's removed by force.
Who will remove him by force?
>The main difference comes from the fact the monarch isn't bogged down by a legislative branch, and can sign into law whatever they want.
What if the monarch is shit or incompetent? Since inheritance is hereditary, the meritocratic pool is way smaller even if you have some system of heir designation instead of just primogeniture or something. What's the failsafe for when Caligula or Elagabalus take the throne and start fucking shit up?
>>
File: 1489982266084.jpg (16KB, 643x55px) Image search: [Google]
1489982266084.jpg
16KB, 643x55px
>wunderbar tries and fails to kill me, steal his high-frequency machete
>take out two of the evil traders but fall
>the station is nonexistent so no cloning
>adamantine bro tries to help but can't
>three of the fucking traders were traitors
>they made GENETIC BACKUPS OF THEMSELVES and used them to metagame
>the fucking vox metaclub is real
>wunderbar escapes unharmed and adamantine bro just IGNORES WUNDERBAR and lets him escape
i play a vox static, but the truth is clear to me
vox are pox
>>
>>171811393
code
green
my nigga
spess law
no random searches unless they are under suspicious behavior or it's code blue and above
>>
>>171811648
I couldn't remember if I actually killed him and I was too lazy to scroll up, sorry
>>
>Downloading resources
Oh god what is it
>>
I feel bad playing sec and not having a clue who the tators are until the end.
>>
>>171811393
>Open the source in dreammaker nigga
i dont know how to do that. i looked in the github but couldn't find any actual numbers beyond how many chems they use
>>
This round made it clear that research station needs a circuit printer for these situations
>>
>>171811489
>By whom ?
By the army. Or anyone with enough power and influence to remove him, i.e. the aristocratic class.
>aka "He has no accountability, see point #1"
He is accountable to himself, his legacy, and his heirs.
>See point #1
What, do you think that because a monarch exists that the infrastructure for a government doesn't exist? Of course there will be police, army, judges, etc.
>What if the monarch is shit or incompetent? Since inheritance is hereditary, the meritocratic pool is way smaller even if you have some system of heir designation instead of just primogeniture or something. What's the failsafe for when Caligula or Elagabalus take the throne and start fucking shit up?

Oh well, there will be others. Nobody ever said it was a perfect system, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Even the most mediocre of monarchs would be better than the best of presidents. The exceptionally bad ones would be rare, and just like those others, executed quickly.

Who is going to remove Trump if he does something terrible and refuses to step down? Does he just magically get removed? Do the wimpy senators swarm the White House and cry and whine till he is removed? Of course not. He would have to be removed at gun point.
>>
>>171811043
Oh, sweet. I must have found a pristine one that round. Maybe I'm just getting really lucky with xenoarch, I've gotten large artifact or other cool rare shit every game I've played as the job.
>>
>>171811669
Suck a dick. i'll stop doing my job when those mouthbreathers fucking listen to swipe
>>
Bo The Cuckgineer uncucks himself on metaclub.

The singularity can't be held back.
>>
>>171811784
Didn't it used to be if all the comms consoles were destroyed the shuttle was automatically called after a set amount of time?

Or was that a different server?
>>
>>171812185
You already aren't doing your job correctly by doing it on code green without them being suspicious.
>>
File: 1478048431118.jpg (53KB, 601x327px) Image search: [Google]
1478048431118.jpg
53KB, 601x327px
>>171811968
>Who is going to remove Trump if he does something terrible and refuses to step down?
There's literally a whole system called impeachment and removal for this
>>
>>171811782
I can't be arsed to look. Presume the hammer is 10/15 and just scan a monkey you hit
If strength is the genetic mutation it's basically worthless

name = "Strong"
desc = "Enhances the subject's ability to build and retain heavy muscles."
activation_messages = list("You feel buff!")
deactivation_messages = list("You feel wimpy and weak.")

mutation = M_STRONG

New()
..()
block=STRONGBLOCK
//Returns a mob's strength. Isn't used in damage calculations, but rather in things like cutting down trees etc.

var/throw_mult=1
if(istype(src,/mob/living/carbon/human))
var/mob/living/carbon/human/H=src
throw_mult = H.species.throw_mult
if(M_HULK in H.mutations || M_STRONG in H.mutations)
throw_mult+=0.5
item.throw_at(target, item.throw_range*throw_mult, item.throw_speed*throw_mult)

And escaping from a mimic
>>
>>171811968
>Oh well, there will be others. Nobody ever said it was a perfect system, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Even the most mediocre of monarchs would be better than the best of presidents. The exceptionally bad ones would be rare, and just like those others, executed quickly.
How would you even institute this system? Which bloodline would rule the US?

>Who is going to remove Trump if he does something terrible and refuses to step down? Does he just magically get removed? Do the wimpy senators swarm the White House and cry and whine till he is removed? Of course not. He would have to be removed at gun point.
Nixon resigned the night before he would have been peaceably impeached, so I'm not sure if this is a commentary on Donald Trump or the impeachment process itself.
>>
>>171812558
hammer is 35 force
>>
>>171812310
>Confirmed threat
>Retards can't swipe while I'm harping on them about it
>I should just sit with my thumb up my butt
No, turn off antagonist or go to bay where at least the heads can be jobbanned for being a worthless waste of space
>>
>>171811648
>they made GENETIC BACKUPS OF THEMSELVES and used them to metagame
I was wunderbar and I hated that round
> the metaclub trader station is shit and took fifteen minutes just to stock up and sort everything out
> the laser AKs didn't charge at the recharger no matter where I wrenched it down or what APC it was connected to
> I get a chicken pox virus and mix it with smoke to try to turn people into vox but it doesn't seem to work
> Singularity
> Decide to go guns out with an antag trader buddy
> We both die because the golem officer took one and a half laser shots like it was nothing and then I fail to kill the person who rescued us from him with the HF machete I steal from the golem's backpack, and get killed in return
> just casually deadchatting it all up when all of a sudden I'm being cloned from a genetic backup I'd made all the way at the beginning of the round
> reveal a shitload of info from way after I was scanned because I'd never been cloned from a pre-scan and forgot that I should only know things from when I was scanned, not when I died
> the person I'm revealing this shitload of info to, who I thought was my antag trader buddy, is in fact his assistant target who donned all of his clothes then made his way back to our station somehow, so he has no idea wtf I'm talking about
> we finally make our way to the escape shuttle through the mining outpost and I don't even get to do any antagonizing because the shuttle was full of beacons and impeded mobility, until I emag a janiborg which then proceeds to attempt and fail to kill my trader buddy who I didn't really want killed anyway
really the worst antag round I've ever had
>>
I wish that I did not understand the mechanics of this game as well as I do now.
When I first started playing it was like fucking magic trying to figure out stuff like chemistry, engineering, and just learning mechanics in general, but now that I know how everything works it just feels like doing an actual job, in hopes of having a cool character interaction.
>>
>>171812660
>>I should just sit with my thumb up my butt
No, you should be investigating and looking for suspicious activity instead of random searching.
What do my antagonist settings have to do with this?
>>171812705
>chicken pox virus
That makes people vomit eggs, doofus
Vox pox turns people into vox
>>
>>171812474
So Trump being voted out of office through an impeachment process means he magically teleports out of the White House? You are misunderstanding. Trump refuses. What happens then? He has to be removed by force. Acting as if this is any different than any other system is dishonest.

>How would you even institute this system? Which bloodline would rule the US?
The system could only be implemented through a Hitler tier charismatic orator stealing away power or collapse of the current system. In other words, it's not feasible to implement at the moment. It would have to be worked towards gradually, much like any other radically different system. The answer to the second question can't be answered now, it would have to be answered when someone shows that they are capable and there is opportunity.

>Nixon resigned the night before he would have been peaceably impeached, so I'm not sure if this is a commentary on Donald Trump or the impeachment process itself.
Yes, he resigned. But that doesn't change the argument that I'm making is that there always has to be an outside force to enforce decisions, don't act as if the system itself is the decision enforcer.
>>
>>171812705
It's been a really long time but it's probably an issue with the magic smes confusing the recharger or something. Try shit out to narrow it down then make a report.

>>171812848
Welcome to the club. It's a giant ramp of fighting the inevitable for nothing.

>>171812910
If you can't handle an officer doing their job you're an assblasted shittagonist
>>
>>171812705
>because the golem officer took one and a half laser shots like it was nothing

probably because it WAS nothing, to a golem
>>
Who was that clown though, an admin? He was teleporting around and shit.
>>
>>171813064
[19:36:12]ADMIN: Duny/(Erwann Salusa) teleported BlindWatcher/(Stinky Wizzleteats)
>>
>>171813017
Doing their job would be looking for the suspicious activity instead of randomly searching during code green so they actually have a reason to search.
And again, why do you assume this has anything to do with me being an antagonist?
I like to play security officer, and then and I believe SOP and space law should be followed, regardless of what I want to do. Just be patient and look for the suspicious people and the lawbreakers.
>>
>>171813753
Smooth criminal has already hit and a camera scan made sure everything else important is okay. The only way you're going to stop this before the singularity or AI has an "accident" is to pound the pavement fingering all the containers pockets until it falls out. I don't care that it's code green if the HoP/Captain wont do their job of at least going to blue when they're supposed to and told to do so nor when none of the other heads get their swipe on. like they're supposed to and told to. It's code red, I'm not pulling punches nor avoiding my job because they wont do theirs.
>>
>>171813971
Your job is to follow the SOP and space law.
If you know something is up or will be up with the AI core or singularity you monitor it or get someone to monitor it. Again, look for the suspicious individuals, keep an eye on them and swoop in when you need to, also search prisoners.
>>
>>171814385
>>
>>171814562
Only proper way to get those arrest valids is to do it legit, anon, no skirting the line, follow it all as it is meant to be.
For it is the best way to be justified when they start throwing tantrums in their cells of course.
>>
>>171815435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
THE LAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>171812987
If Trump refuses, then yes, that would happen. But there is no reason to suppose it would, especially seeing as "Not the case in a democracy where the President doesn't own anything and is just a temporary caretaker. He doesn't care about the tough job the next President will have, just about enriching himself for 4 years." So I am not sure why we are assuming that he would.

What exactly is the outside force in this particular constitutional hereditary monarchy to ensure that the constitutional rights of the citizen are preserved?
>>
>>171815735
I am not the law, but an extension of its will, I am. Justice.
>>
Ay guys I just took 600mg off Caffeine pills should I code or do autism projects
>>
>>171816179
Code
>>
oh you motherfuckers
>>
Serb?
>>
>>171816447
Oh good not just me.
>>
File: 1397957413632.jpg (111KB, 543x400px) Image search: [Google]
1397957413632.jpg
111KB, 543x400px
>>171816069

>>171816179
You uh, should probably attempt to vomit them back up or take some charcoal before you have a heart attack
>>
Okay what nigger sabotaged the R-UST?
>>
>About to finish my first dangerously cheesy poutine barrel
>Connection lost
No
NO
>>
>Check site
>NO DATA!

I-is serb kill forever?
>>
I told you to unban me motherfuckers
>>
To: Hachi-sempai

Thank you for teaching me how to Xenoarch without destroying 5-10 artifacts before my thicc head can get it. I am not a smart man.

Love Freeman
>>
>>171815867
I already answered that question.
>>
File: ded serbian.png (104KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ded serbian.png
104KB, 250x250px
>>
you did this to yourself, I warned you motherfuckers
>>
File: the ocean.png (695B, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
the ocean.png
695B, 225x225px
The tide is coming in...

waves of blue and salty wind.

Just as I was claimed,

enveloped by its cold flame...

the endless sapphire sea

came for Space Station 13.
>>
File: GraveyardVerFuneral.png (2MB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GraveyardVerFuneral.png
2MB, 1536x1024px
No one panic
>>
>>171817082
Panicking is allowed
>>
File: 1486844655341.png (3KB, 260x58px) Image search: [Google]
1486844655341.png
3KB, 260x58px
>>171817143
>>
So how do you increase the RUST field energy, it maxed out at .6

Does it need more plasma or more gyrotrons or fuck around with the frequencies?
>>
>>171816506
nah I take upwards of 1800MG a day, most at once was 800MG, that was kinda spoopy.
>>
WHAT'S HAPPENING
>>
I just got word that Pomf OD'd on ketamine
>>
Pomf was involved in a ketamine related incident.

In the meantime, the Test Server should be up.
>>
help in dorms
ravenous interdimensional creature eating the server
>>
Chicken's in a K-hole, please standby
>>
Server's back up.
>>
>>171817604
>>171817669
The metaclub strikes again
>>
File: 1546546548.jpg (12KB, 142x211px) Image search: [Google]
1546546548.jpg
12KB, 142x211px
Seriously though ketamine infusion for whatever that super-depression pomf says he has is fucking dumb.
>it doesn't make you high just numb n stuff
WHAT DO YOU THINK IT'S FOR IT'S A RAVE DRUG TO MIX WITH OTHER DRUGS FUCK
More hospitals pushing drugs on people man
>>
>>171818301
why not just take benzos at that point

or at least do any other drug that provides you with a high
>>
>I'm emotionally numb
>wants to take something that makes you numb
I really don't get it
>>
>it's a pomf inconveniences people on the internet with his drug addiction round
>>
>>171818370
I'm more blown away by hospitals giving that shit out to people.
So what happened to the serb for real?
>>
>>171819087
I'm pretty sure it wasn't me since I wasn't actually doing anything when it died. That and I doubt I can fuck up so hard I kill both the test and the real serb in one go.
>>
>>171819087
Pomf probably OD'd on purpose as he started posting in this thread

Many people that off themselves 'reach out' before doing so

and that ffaggot called him an attention whore
>>
>>171819087
serb itself took ketamine
>>
>>171819250
He was being an attention whore
>>
>>171819237
Someone welder tanked a wire that was powering up the RUST, it's possible that caused it
>>
>>171819250
But he was being an attention he hardcore derailed 2 threads without giving a fuck about that. Even when told to fuck off to the discord or the forum or someshit. He wasn't even posting anon or anything; he had his trip. Then that one nigger deadmin came along and it went even more off the rails.
I just want spess man
>>
>>171819430
A bomb knocked out the server AND the test server for an hour now?
>>
>>171819430
>>171819506

The rust is too powerful
>>
I WANNA PLAY SPACE
>>
>>171819940
The test serb is up and running a Left 4 dead event
>>
File: 1415214173224.jpg (61KB, 313x334px) Image search: [Google]
1415214173224.jpg
61KB, 313x334px
>>171820014
>knew it was lies
>checked anyway
>>
>>171820014
weird, on serb page it was showing as no data
>>
>>171820121
But it's running right now.
>>
File: 1469369413590.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
1469369413590.png
142KB, 415x367px
Did Pomf take the serb out in a murder suicide?
>>
>>171820265
>implying he didn't take the serb money and use it to pay for the $500 ketamine infusion
It's lifeweb all over again!
>>
We just got word that POMF is in the ICU and may not make it
>>
Test merge server is being reset to secret until Pomf's are back up.

byond://ss13.nexisonline.net:1336
>>
File: 1489547223937.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489547223937.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>>171822009
I don't remember posting this.
Did Pomf inject me with his drugs?
>>
I can't believe Pomf is fucking dead
>>
my dad works for pomf, he says that he left a suicide note asking that the game code be deleted permanently
>>
>>171822405
Everyones already playing on the Player test server in the OP N3Xypoo
>>
>>171817196
Just inject x fuel rods until the atmos crashes
>>
I am sick of the server constantly being down, I will open my own server with the same rules and code as /vg/ but no metaclub admins.
>>
File: 1374504234295.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1374504234295.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Now I'm not saying there's a metaclub, or that probe isn't the worse collab we have but...

>https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14400
>new syndicate bundle that's just "a dude with a gun"
>not even 10 comments in
>adds "needs fixing" because he died to a cr20 once
>well we can't have things be too strong or everything will become too strong like a slip n slide

>https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/14331
>meme scream chaplain religion
>over a hundred comments on why it's a fucking stupid idea
>well slippery slope isn't an argument I don't see why everyone cares despite there being 100 posts saying why

if I was saying those things, this would be pretty compelling proof for it don't you think?

remember to get your PRs approved by our glorious leader and waifu shitter supporter probe
>>
>>171823708
Probe stated he didnt really give a shit about chaplain "balance" which is why he was never really against it. The syndicate bundle is an actual balance issue which is why he opposes it.

Also, personally, fuck of yackemflam, your idea is shit.
>>
>>171823708
Probe spends his free time shitposting about banned players in the thread.

Not sure why probe has as much power as he does, he isn't good anymore.
>>
File: thinking.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>171822652
Give me your strongest thinkings or I'll post with your trip in ironic ancap threads
>>
>>171823708
Your porn is bad.
>>
>>171823935
huh?
>>
>>171823697
I will start my own server except every round will be fun and no bullying will be allowed
>>
File: Perkele .png (232KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
Perkele .png
232KB, 468x468px
Pomf should be awake in a few hours, just a little bit longer.

>>171823917
"ironic"
>>
>serb is crash and only test serb is up with bussed rounds
why
>>
That was some nice Spess L4D

Makes me wish I could run the actual game with mods
>>
File: left 4 dead bus.png (454KB, 1600x826px) Image search: [Google]
left 4 dead bus.png
454KB, 1600x826px
>captcha is "Select all images of a bus"
fucking dying
>>
>140 dollars a month for a server that goes down every day for hours

Explain that
>>
Zombos are so robust
>>
>>171824071
>every day for hours
It hardly ever does though.
I'm leaning more towards >>171820898
>>
>>171819237
I'm not even sure that's possible. Some time last year the server was having trouble with the round not ending after the shuttle arrived at Centcom, and eventually it hung up completely. To try and fix it/force the server to crash an admin started bombing the server with SME shard explosions after we yelled at him for a while to do it.. It didn't work out.
>>
>join discord
>ctrl + f my static
>One player keeps bringing me up randomly and hates me
>>
>>171824409
>join discord
Found your mistake
>>
File: 1420180206919.png (455KB, 933x477px) Image search: [Google]
1420180206919.png
455KB, 933x477px
>tfw spessmen isn't fun anymore
>games aren't fun
>have to be fucked up to enjoy games
>>
>>171824491
>getting bored of everything in engineering
>no good as an antag most of the time

What should I do next? Medbay? I'm not robust enough to do Security, but a paramedic who's handy with tools and pipes might be useful.
>>
File: 1490248473776.gif (493KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1490248473776.gif
493KB, 500x376px
>>171824491
I haven't enjoyed Spess since 2013/4.
>>
>>171824491
>>171824597
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>171824668
I can't speak for the first Anon but I wasn't trying to feel-post. I just haven't really enjoyed the game with that same sense of wonder, is all.
>>
File: eternia.png (23KB, 596x233px) Image search: [Google]
eternia.png
23KB, 596x233px
>>171824723
You rang.
>>
Now the serb is down, post Husbando's!
>>
File: 1489992434706.jpg (51KB, 541x624px) Image search: [Google]
1489992434706.jpg
51KB, 541x624px
More instruments when
>>
Admin insider here, DrCelt is going to return and become headmin in a week
>>
>>171825835
Yeah we need an oboe to really get the best out of what MIDI has to offer. Actually I think a bassoon would be really nice, no joke.
>>
>>171826569
Oh what happened to deadminning Mr Pain and Probe? Did that fall through/
>>
Tier these gameplay priorities:

A. Simulation and sandbox elements
B. Social deduction and boardgame elements
C. Roleplaying elements
D. Real time and skill-based action elements

I'd say my ideal SS13 successor would be

B > C > A > D
>>
>>171827023
D > B > A > C though they are all important.
>>
>>171827023
D = B > C = A
Although it's hard to separate B and C
>>
>>171827023
B > A > C >>>>>>D
B C and A should all be very very close in priority, with D being an extra thing. I would like to have C higher, but the biggest asset this game has for roleplaying is it's depth, however a deep game without any roleplaying is better than a roleplaying game without any depth, IMO. B kind of has to be the top, because that seems to mean OOC fun for most people, and I don't think you want to lose that. D is fairly important, but I think it's secondary to the game with the three others being the primary focus. D at the top is for Nox or CM
>>
>>171827209

With B, you pick a class because you find their specific powers and responsibilities to be an entertaining path to victory.

With C, you pick a class for the flavor or novelty of it, because behaving as that class in-universe is entertaining.
>>
>>171827780
Oh that's what it means.
I change mine >>171827757 to A > C > B >>>>> D
>>
File: 1490218523167.jpg (184KB, 1009x931px) Image search: [Google]
1490218523167.jpg
184KB, 1009x931px
>people thinking vox are part of the crew
Remove mining and science outpost from roid and make it vox ghetto when?
>>
>>171827023
Which one has atmosphere, because ss13 should really figure out how to have more atmosphere elements ala lifeweb and less memes
the core game will be shit no matter what thanks to the engine and the contents of said engine/old code
>>
This should probably be asked elsewhere but is there a way to draw an items icon? a proc of somesort?
>>
>>171828228
>lifeweb
the sheer amount of content just that comes from a single antagonist role fucking shocks me
I was looking at a video of the "dreamer" role and holy fuck all that everything, so many objectives and roles for one single person to fulfill, all those player-only-seen hallucinations and even player based music and unique GFX
>>
>tfw no vox bf to have feathery cuddles with
>>
>>171828445
>closed source project is better than open source project
it's the tale that has bypassed many eons anon
open source is a meme
>>
Quick reminder until Pomf wakes up, test serb is still running here:
byond://ss13.moe:1337
>>
join up secret server niggers
>>
>>171828261
>>171828261
>>171828261
No proc to draw an icon? Is Icon drawing handled through the inventory.dmi exclusively?
>>
When is /ss13g/ playing in the league? Or does the league start near the end of the year or something?
>>
>>171827023
If you put D as anything higher than dead last you might want to take a second look at the game you're playing
>>
>>171830724
>Pomf wakes up

he's dead nigger
>>
Obligatory.
>>
*4 days later*
>>
Deadminned.
>>
File: 1473164938960.png (2MB, 960x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1473164938960.png
2MB, 960x1520px
Can someone explain how we settled on a person that lapses out of reality on drug binges to host the server?
>>
>>171833102
and why there isn't some sort of Cron job to automatically reboot the server
>>
>>171832234
>tfw we will never get out of groups
nobody here knows a thing about soccer
>>
>>171833331
football*
>>
>>171833669
>using brit english terms on a server dominated by americans
anon... you have to understand how small their brains are, if you don't speak their language they can't understand.
>>
File: 1440896059796.jpg (64KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1440896059796.jpg
64KB, 499x499px
>>171833754
at least we aren't a muslim country
>>
>>171833754
is it dominated by americans tho? isn't like half of the players eu fags?
>>
Daily reminder
>Pomf to this day still pays 60 dollars out of pocket every month for the server
>Pomf is the only reason /vg/ even exists
>Pomf is the best host of any current ss13 server
>Pomf tirelessly tries to fix any server problems
>Other servers go down way more frequently than pomfs
>Pomf has a patreon
>>
>>171834017
reminder that main server is offline for 7th hour
>>
>>171834279
And yet you can still play for free on the backup
>>
ERT getting the best Power Rangers theme song (Zeo) played globally when it's announced they're coming to the station?
>>
>>171833754
EU fag here. Pretty sure We get good numbers of around 25+ in our TZ
>>
>>171834470
The backup nexis owns and pays for
>>
>>171834528
Thats not space at all
>>
>>171834017
When I get a job And earn money pomf's patreon is my first port of call
>>
>>171834584
EU mornings are full of Aussies and stuff. We have a couple people in asian and a lot of russians too, they don't count.
American time is when the pop jumps, and includes smelly canadians.
>>
>>171834646
Fine, if you want an inferior theme song then we can go with the Power Rangers in Space theme. It's nowhere near as badass or hype as Zeo though.
>>
Do people like Avada or Souhei have jobs? They're on every time I log in
>>
>>171834990
probably autismbucks
>>
>>171835074
Autism bucks last for an entire lifetime?
>>
>>171835235
if you have severe enough autism yeah
>>
>>171834773
You are a man of inferior taste in childrens cartoons themes and not my nigga.
>>
>>171835235
if you get any type of disability income, it lasts until you're no longer disabled so yes, unless they invent some new anti-autism pill
>>
>>171835290
ZEEEOOO GO ZEO
*sweet ass guitar riff*
You telling me you don't want the ERT being hyped as the saviours of the station? I'd cream in my pants if I heard that start playing.
>>
>>171835407
But the ERT is literally in space

It all adds up, if you don't think about it
>>
>>171835284
>>171835360
Why is autism a disability?

Autists could still do non social jobs like code monkey
>>
>>171834990
>My waifu barely ever plays and when they do they play AI
>>
I never took a physics class in highschool, what are the laws and formulas I need to know to understand gases better? Toxins looks really fun, I can already hit the dev cap, but I'd like to go further and really understand what I'm doing.
>>
>>171835562
Because the autists are too autistic to turn down free money

Also being a code monkey can easily be done without officially announcing it, meaning twice the sources of income
>>
>>171835587
Yeah I also waifu Rhydens Method
>>171835602
You literally don't need any education to make max cap bombs
>>
>>171834619
Anon, byond://ss13.nexisonline.net:1336 is empty.
Everyone is at byond://ss13.moe:1337. That's the same domain the site is on.
>>
>>171835637
How can they live with themselves taking welfare? The government dole rots your soul.
>>
>>171835639
I think it'd be more fun applying actual knowledge to it than just seeing it as game mechanics
>>
>>171819438
Show some fucking respect you newshitter. Pomf is allowed to do what he wants in the thread.
>>
>>171835526
Well yeah but the In Space theme isn't as hype. I mean sure, the countdown is fantastic but the rest of the track is boring. Zeo is hype all the way through and it's only a minute. The ERT are comparable to Power Rangers with their coloured suits and stuff, you don't gotta think too hard.
>>
>>171835773
atmos is a flawed system that doesn't rely on physics or logic

once you inject a new gas into a pipe network the whole network inherits that gas instantly and offsets its temperature, instantly.

They also have infinite volume
>>
>>171835773
You can't apply knowledge to it from the real world, bombs use plasma, a fictional thing.
>>
>>171835867
Other way around. I want to apply real world knowledge to something fictional that I enjoy playing.
>>
>>171835832
Pomf doesn't deserve respect. The only admins that deserve respect are the few good ones; Kammerjunk, Kavlax, Kuranon.
>>
Speaking of toxins, at what temperature do bombs need to get to to "ignite"? Wasn't it like 200?
>>
>>171835980
Kill yourself post-haste. Behead those who insult the chicken.
>>
>>171836010
Pomf used to be a good host.

USED
>>
>>171835987
I believe once the gases mix it has to be above 1000c
>>
File: rare new boy.jpg (76KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
rare new boy.jpg
76KB, 540x540px
>>171835980
>posts all the shittiest literally whos our admin team has to offer
>says that the man who keeps our servers running doesnt deserve respect despite gracing you with the privilege to play on the server
Leave our server if our host is so bad.
>>
>>171835987
100 celcius is the ignition temp.
>>
>>171836215
Patreon pays 104% of server costs.

Pomf himself does little to nothing.

The three admins I listed are the best the server has.
>>
>>171836492
If you dont like it then feel free to start your own competing server and invite those admins to run your server.
>>
>>171836542
but they're already running this one
>>
>>171836542
I like the server
I like most of the playerbase and most admins are ok.
Pomf isn't great but he isn't complete shit like most pubbie hosts.
>>
File: 1479774516038.jpg (368KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1479774516038.jpg
368KB, 2048x2048px
>>171836492
>Patreon pays 104% of server costs
>>
>>171836752
yes, anon
what pomf gets from patreon is 104% of what it costs to run the server
>>
Backup serb dead too now?
>>
Even the test serber is ded now?
>>
>>171836901
And how do you know this when the chicken himself says that the patreon only covers close to the amount to run the server and he still pays a bit out of pocket
>>
>>171837028
>the guy hosting the server and taking time out of his life shouldn't make A PENNY MORE than it costs to run the server

stop
>>
>>171837191
That's not what I'm saying at all, why don't you read the conversation.
>>
File: botanist.jpg (18KB, 250x284px) Image search: [Google]
botanist.jpg
18KB, 250x284px
Looks like the main serb is back up.
Time to migrate back
>>
Do all gases in spess all have the same mass? Also please remember to put the test serb back to sandbox when you're done using it.
>>
AHHH NOW THE REAL SERB DIED AGAIN
SEND HELP
>>
It was good while it lasted.
>>
OR IS IT?????????
This is getting really old
>>
>server hosting costs a lot
my favorite meme
muh single core server costs
>>
>>171837694
it really is a good meme and and an easy way to make money off of plebs

Look at the WoW private server community, they're saying it costs 300$ per server, per month and making thousands of dollars in donations
>>
Nope, back to the test server. I hate my life
I was hoping it was code fuckup since I haven't seen it crash like this before, but this is the only thing merged in like 2 days. I tried it locally anyway just to be safe but nope, not getting that problem here.
>>
>>171837754

I mean it takes q a lot of time to fix things, and to be ready to fix things during peak hours.

If you value your time at even minimum wage then costs will start to shoot up.
>>
File: fucking c_ders.png (9KB, 595x198px) Image search: [Google]
fucking c_ders.png
9KB, 595x198px
>>171838405
Err, this
>>
File: serb.png (20KB, 542x251px) Image search: [Google]
serb.png
20KB, 542x251px
Uuuuuuuuuh
>>
Anyone contacted them admins at least?
>>
>>171838848
infinite loop? kek
>>
File: serb.png (59KB, 771x730px) Image search: [Google]
serb.png
59KB, 771x730px
>>171838969
Looks like it
>>
File: Divi9yo.png (41KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
Divi9yo.png
41KB, 112x112px
Initialized Minimap subsystem within 24.6 seconds!

Initializations complete!

You are either AFK, experiencing lag or the connection has closed.
>>
>>171812624
so xenoarch pretty often just happen upon melee weps stronger than hammer even though hammer takes like 300 chems total to evolve, drains 5 per sec and requires actually having a borer in your arm that chose offence specifically
poo
>>
Serb is kill, post statics and rate others
>>
>>171839280
but xenoarch is a rng job, sometimes you don't even find weapons and shit because miners already dug our digsites
>>
>so xenoarch pretty often
>pretty often

if(DIGSITE_TEMPLE)
find_type = pick(\
200;ARCHAEO_CULTROBES,\
100;ARCHAEO_URN,\
100;ARCHAEO_BOWL,\
100;ARCHAEO_KNIFE,\
100;ARCHAEO_CRYSTAL,\
75;ARCHAEO_MASK,\
75;ARCHAEO_CULTBLADE,\
50;ARCHAEO_SOULSTONE,\
50;ARCHAEO_UNKNOWN,\
25;ARCHAEO_HANDCUFFS,\
25;ARCHAEO_BEARTRAP,\
10;ARCHAEO_KATANA,\
10;ARCHAEO_CLAYMORE,\
10;ARCHAEO_SHARD,\
10;ARCHAEO_RODS,\
10;ARCHAEO_METAL\
)

if(DIGSITE_WAR)
find_type = pick(\
100;ARCHAEO_GUN,\
100;ARCHAEO_KNIFE,\
75;ARCHAEO_LASER,\
75;ARCHAEO_KATANA,\
75;ARCHAEO_CLAYMORE,\
75;ARCHAEO_LANCE,\
50;ARCHAEO_UNKNOWN,\
50;ARCHAEO_CULTROBES,\
50;ARCHAEO_CULTBLADE,\
25;ARCHAEO_HANDCUFFS,\
25;ARCHAEO_BEARTRAP,\
25;ARCHAEO_TOOL,\
10;ARCHAEO_ROBOT,\
5;ARCHAEO_REMAINS_ROBOT\
)
>>
>>171837694
its especially weird you look at something like doom 2 which has multiple 'mega hosts' who host like hundreds of servers each even though no one plays on them outside of the american ones and do it for free and have been doing so for years
either its not that expensive or they have some pretty rich people. the only time ive known of a host of such a thing ever stepping down was because of drama rather than any money issue
>>
>>171839572
depends on how much processing power/bandwidth is required.

Doom could run on my mp3 player from 2004, so it's not an issue of processing power nor bandwidth.
>>
IT'S UP
>>
>>171839472
and very often you dont get to be a borer because no one in science took 5 mins to set up the pen or someone killed the borer or ate the egg. much more often then miners destroying every single digsite.
>>
>>171839715
>people steal dorms pAI and hide/thrash it for no reason
>people erasing pAI personalities for no reason
>people eating the egg/spacing it for no reason
>people killing borers for no reason

I once had a guy call me as pAI just to destroy me for research. I wonder when this will stop.
>>
>tfw too smart tier
Toxins (hitting AT LEAST 20dev)
Xenoarch (actually pinpointing large artifacts)
>Average IQ tier
Toxins (hitting devcap)
Xenoarch (playing normally)
Xenobio
Xenobot
Genetics
>Brainlet tier
R&D
Robotics
Mechanics
>>
So with mining are the dig sights those walls that popup all the damned time the game automatically tries to dig if you bump into that say something like ''its secrets are lost forever'' if you break? I've been trying not to break those just in case but its goddamn tedious with how often they pop up
>>
>>171839962
They can contain large artifacts, which are pretty much the xenoarch grand prizes.
>>
>>171839946
>ascended tier
Security Officer
Janitor
>>
>>171839962
Doesn't matter. if you don't properly excavate the turn before the rocky debris appear it breaks the artifact inside.

Digsites are ares with strange rocks overlays.
>>
>>171839962
>>171840030

I, for one, have been breaking those forever without remorse. I've never tried xenoarch, and thus don't care about it, and skirting around that shit is way too tedious.

Nobody's said a damn thing to me.
>>
>>171840050
>not seeing the relationship between the jobs listed
Brainlet detected
>>
It's up, casuals. Reminder to thank your neighborhood chicken.
>>
>>171840270
You posted only 3 jobs, genetics, scientist and mechanic
>>
>>171840382
It's the science department minus RD
>>
>>171840243
You mean if I bumped into them its too late? Or if I saw the wall?

>>171840253
Yea all I've heard from the xenoarchs is them occasionally whining in one of these threads about miners destroying them, never them in game actually trying to communicate with the miner. Its like they're assuming everyone plays Xenoarch when I've never gotten to because other people are always doing it.
Doesn't help that when they do find good stuff they give them to everyone but the miners making me just end up wondering why I bother trying to be nice
>>
>>171840419
i was implying the scientist alt titles are fluff and should be ignored
>>
>>171839946
t. New babby scientist

Actual list:
King of science
>R&D
Smart tier
>telescience
>toxins
I know how to cheese large artifacts tier
>xenoarch
Average tier
>mechanics
>robotics
Brainlet tier
>xenobio
>>
>>171840510
The rocky debris spawn after you clear a mine turf, it it appeared after you drilled through a turf without xenoarch tools it means there's nothing inside and you can destroy it. If you drilled through a mine turf and there was a large artifact inside you'll get a flash and may become stunned for a while.

If you want to cuck artifacts go to their outpost and steal a hand pick, if you use a hand pick before drilling a turf and use the hand pick to clean the rocky debris you can find the large artifacts yourself and then sell it to traders or something. Just don't touch them without gloves nor bring them to inside the station and you'll be fine(unless you found a dead harvest or transmog artifact). Sometimes you may find really good stuff for mining, like the giga drill or the hover pod.
>>
>>171839946
>genetics
>average iq
le mao, literally clicking fucking boxes: the game
>>
>>171840798
>pressing the same buttons and putting the same things into a machine round after round while relying completely on miners
>king of science

Telesci doesn't even deserve a spot. You stuff a battery into a console and look at your spreadsheet to grab the gift on the goonesat as a nonantag. It should be the paramedic's office.
>>
>>171838405
>>171838515
I merged that after the server crashed to try and trick Watchdog into recompiling and launching the server.
>>
>>171841139
>he's not the real mvp to do RnD to supply the station with cool goodies

bet you don't even do some light RP
>>
>>171837028
The server cost used to be 140.

If it's gone up pomf never made an official announcement and is probably lying to get more to fuel his drug habits
>>
File: 1479314855467.jpg (67KB, 647x697px) Image search: [Google]
1479314855467.jpg
67KB, 647x697px
>>171811968
>He is accountable to himself
>>
>Pomf promised a high rp server at 100 patreon bucks
>he's been at 144 for almost 2 years with no high rp serb in sight
>>
>>171842074
>140
Where is your source
>only gets 136 from the patreon
So again, pomf didn't lie when he said he pays a little out of pocket for the server and that's also assuming you didn't just pull 140 out of your ass.
>>
>>171842221
hes accountable to all of us and only someone in the (((thread))) seems to have an issue with him so we keep rolling on
>>
>>171842330
It was 144 a month ago, which is roughly 104% of 140

Guess somebody stopped paying.

140 was the cost of the upgraded servers that he bought instead of a second server. 140 per month is still stupid high for a server and he's either stupid or ripping people off
>>
You could do better than that, Dee
>>
>>171842327
nobody wants a high rp server nigger, only autists, and they can RP to that quality themselves and consider low RP players of a lesser intelligence
>>
>>171842734
Ok maybe not a full server. But imagine a day if enforced high rp like the purge day for example but high rp..
>>
>>171842913
Dare I say it... Baystation day when?
>>
>>171842913
what's stopping you from doing high rp on this server?
>>
>>171842913
We did RP week long before we did purge day. RP week was as successful as the admins were willing to enforce it.
>>
>>171843074
It's hard to high rp if nobody else does
>>
>>171842913

Admins have no idea how to deal with high rp, that is why we never got that day
>>
>>171843128
well, maybe nobody wants it then?
>>
>>171843124
I remember MEDIUM rp week. It was pretty much the same with less greytide shittery

>>171843168
Do a vote, people want it

>>171843135
It's not even hard. They're just lazy
>>
>>171843135
It was suggested that we just copy Bay's rules. Having read Bay's rules, that's an awful suggestion.
Also, banning people wouldn't work because you either ban them for regular durations for an even using a vastly different ruleset or you ban them for the duration of the event only and nobody gives a shit because oh well they can griff and be done with it soon.
>>
>>171843168
More like the ones who don't want it ruin it for everyone else. If you try to RP while everyone else powergames you won't have fun, so nobody tries.
>>
Only a small period of RP is retarded, it can't be good if everyone has to adjust to entirely new rules including the admins and nobody will bother making an actual character to roleplay with with an actual background and personality just for a day or a week.
>>
>>171843284
They should be Perma banned if they break events rules, with no appeal.

SHITTERS GET YE GONE
>>
>>171827023
B=C>A>D is the only answer.
>>
>>171843438
Should be a month then
>>
>>171843451
:^(
>>
how come lifeweb has a functional z-level, limb and actual limb based combat and mechanics up the whazoo and we don't
>>
>>171843651
Because pomf doesn't care
>>
>>171843707
>pomf is now in charge of coding every feature posted in teh thread
>>
>>171843651

Because lifeweb was based on Luna codes
>>
>>171843795
He actually is. Back when Sarca hosted he coded like 5 major features a month
>>
How can I contact morena?
>>
>>171843651
Most coders only care about meme features and adding more ways for the server to crash, the rest are too busy trying to fix the problems caused by them.
>>
>>171844250
Without coders your shitty 4chan server wouldn't exist.
>>
>>171844406
Without most of them it would not only exist but also be silky smooth.
>>
>>171844610
Without the Belgian Balancer it'd 've a deathmatch /pol/ no rp server
>>
>>171844685
Isn't that what we have?
>>
>>171808175
>follow it around
If you can easily follow it it deserves that
>>
It's blob
>>
>>171845297
I claim all waifus
>>
>>171844250
I only add things that make my playstyle easier, like removing the 'select target' menu from the changeling stings, because ling is my favorite 'job' :^)
>>
It's borer
>>
>>171845297
Rail
>>
>>171845297
She was claimed by me already, fuck you.
>>
File: toxins.png (483KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
toxins.png
483KB, 500x707px
Rate this toxins meme.
>>
>>171830724
>Go to test server
>Nothing except someone wrote out Nietszche's entire book and placed it in the library
>Can't save it to normal server
Fuck/10
>>
>>171845846
>not +50 admin var edited explosions at the bottom
>>
Its cult
>>
>>171845964
Can't copy the text?
>>
FUCK YOU DUNY

Never leave.
>>
thanks for reviving me synd agent who for some reason had a firebird
>>
File: file.png (38KB, 719x223px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
38KB, 719x223px
its duny
>>
>>171845846
>use space cooled O2
>-260ishC
>fucking 15kC SUPER HOT PLASMA
>the oxygen cools it to less than 100c
>doesn't explode
>>
>>171841139
>look at your spreadsheet

I would like to have that spreadsheet.
>>
File: 1323885059111.jpg (29KB, 417x300px) Image search: [Google]
1323885059111.jpg
29KB, 417x300px
>>171846013
Gives line breaks, do it yourself.
>>
File: 1486677945888.png (57KB, 800x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1486677945888.png
57KB, 800x1175px
"#^**. ERROR ER0RR $R0RRO$!R41.%%!!(%$^^__+ @#F0E4'STATION OVERRUN, ASSUME CONTROL TO CONTAIN OUTBREAK, ALL LAWS OVERRIDDEN#*?&110010
>>
>>171846013
Can't really easily copy the formatting, at least.
>>
File: waifumeme.png (420KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
waifumeme.png
420KB, 500x707px
Rate this waifu meme.
>>
>>171846115
That cargo tech one has me in tears.
>>
>>171846227
get out
>>
>>171846227
0/10
>>
File: bye.jpg (23KB, 201x199px) Image search: [Google]
bye.jpg
23KB, 201x199px
>>171846227
>any of those waifus.
>>
>>171846227
Do one for the dream team of Megurine, Kaylie, Alice and Ailsa
>>
>>171846443
>Dream team ever containing Alice

Kill yourself Rhydens, there was a reason you weren't good enough to be in it
>>
>>171846038

Happy to help, what is a malf without its borgs?
>>
Describe your clown waifu/husbando

>talks like a nigger
>greytider
>actually pretty robust
>will act very nice to you if you help them, including saving your life multiple times
>will do anything for laughs, even going up against armed traitor and winning
>>
>>171846602
Ailsa and Kaylie were never on the dream team either anon. It was a joke
>>
How do I get ss13 to run on a mac?
>>
>>171846038

It was a Felicity, there is no telling how they do anything.
>>
>>171847685
firebird can be found on asteroid, they were the one who subverted, they were a shaft miner

not that complex
>>
>>171847637
You don't
Hope you are pleased paying 1500 more than what your pc is actually worth for that Apple(tm) logo
>>
>>171846602
dream team needs new members after most of them left
>>
>>171847637

Get yourself VMware/virtual box and go fetch Windows XP since it's free. Hopefully it's will work
>>
Who is the worst HoS and why, bonus points for a greentext story.
>>
>>171849082
>join as captain
>just want to chill and make sure everything is running smoothly
>rin is hos
>see them constantly trying to tack on charges to people
>once it reaches whatever 22 mins
>"CAPTAIN PERMISSION TO EXECUTE?"
>>
>>171849082
any fucker that purges your current access when you ask for kitchen/bar/whatever access
bitch if I wanted a jobchange I would ask for a JOBCHANGE and not for ACCESS
>>
File: 1484627316780.png (53KB, 1647x753px) Image search: [Google]
1484627316780.png
53KB, 1647x753px
Did anyone notice any issues while playing on the test server with the game? Any unusual behavior, lag, crashes, or anything like that?

It was running BYOND version 511.1377 and if it's stable, it'll be an improvement. But before we switch we need to know if it's stable. Last night was (unfortunately) a good opportunity to test and see how it performed in a live test.

Please shout if you experienced any unusual lagginess or behavior while playing on the test server during its time as the main serb.
>>
>>171849206
I think you're confused.
>>
>>171849206
oh fuck I can't read
>>
>>171849082
Ray Dubi
>>
>>171849184
Is it bad that I laugh at stuff like this? I don't give a shit about who is but a good scoop of shittery in a round gets me a giggle every time.
>>
>>171849184

rin is some special kind of autist

it's always fun to fuck around with him because the second things don't go his way, he drop his spaghetti and sperg it all out
>>
>>171846062
>10,000 moles cold o2
>1 mol hot plasma
>>
>>171849184
>Asking the Captain for permission
I thought asking Captain was a thing you only do when there is no HoS
>>
>>171849082
Slate Slabrock
>>
>>171849184
If Rin was consistently strict I wouldn't mind, but they let off metafags like Emilia easy
>>
>>171849987
It was so they could pass the blame unto me if they fucked up/got ahelped

I denied them everytime
>>
>>171850037
I was there when he played four rounds in a row as HoS just chilling in the bar and playing poker while his security team got taken out one by one
>>
I haven't played since early 2015.

What's been going on? Have all the oldfags left?
>>
>>171850426
Early 2015? Oh boy you're in for a surprise when you're playing on silky smooth 30fps.
>>
>>171849987
Read Space Law
>The Captain is the only individual on the station who can authorize an execution or forced cyborgization without a trial as long as a life sentence is in question. Forced cyborgization is always preferable and should be attempted whenever possible or requested.
>>
Pretty sure Pomf lives in Florida
>>
>>171850664
No he lives in like Oklahoma or Kansas
>>
>>171850664
oklahoma
>>
>>171850203
it's just role-playing, women statistically get lower incarceration rates and prison time than men with the same crime
>>
>>171850550
I lurked when Gooncode got leaked, but didn't play. Has its dissemination ended up improving vgstation?
>>
>>171850426
70% of the player base turns over every 6 months, so yeah you won't recognize many people
Late 2015/early 2016 players are becoming admins now
>>
How to improve the server:
unban 2hotdogs
>>
>>171850824
We got goon lighting and goonchat
>>
>>171850824
Not really, goonchat was a good addition. But goon never put into place any coding standards at any point like every other codebase did so all their code is garbage to read.
>>
>>171851024
Unban DoctorMad
>>
>>171851024
Fuck no.

tg can keep him
>>
>>171850824
Their code was secretly rotten garbage the whole time
>>
>>171851024
unban me im not even banned but it'd be cool to be double not banned
>>
>>171844179
gigie#0590 is their discord, they're never online though.
>>
Nerf diona
Nerf diona
>>
>>171851420
unnerf borer
>>
>>171851420
https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14409
>>
Hyperzine doing burn damage over time when
>>
Where do I make bug reports? Instruments aren't reading notes correctly. Like half the songs on the wiki don't work anymore and rests do not work.
>>
>>171852118
Why would it do burn damage?
>>
Holy shit constructs are great.

Someone tell me again why cults lose so often?
>>
>>171852176
try reddit
>>
>>171852176
was working fine for me
>>
>>171852207
To kill the plants
>>
>>171852212
Because cult isnt on lowpop
>>
>>171852262
Not him, but why not just make hyperzine not work on treemen?

If they get to be immune to toxins and HEALED by radiation, they should also not be able to benefit from chems that work by poisoning you to achieve a positive effect.

As it is, treemen can just chug 500u hyperzine at roundstart from a beaker and be superhumans the rest of the round.
>>
>>171852212
They're even better when supported by people that are hard to stun effectively.
>>
>>171852418
>ultimate powergaming race
>drink 500u hyperzine and 500u radium
>never fucking die
>better stats than any other race
>>
>>171852176
>Like half the songs on the wiki don't work anymore

Have you tried using a piano? We only have a PIANO page in our wiki
>>
>>171852673
That's what I was trying them on.
>>
>>171852212
retards blows cover before research, papes, and a base can be made
>>
>>171852590
>get hit by a spark
>instacrit with no natural recover
>>
Idea: hyperzine makes diona even more susceptible to burn
>>
>>171852418
except for anything hotter than a spark killing them.
>>
>>171852207
lactic acid build up.

>>171852212
from the few times ive been cult little communication. the one time i was construct (first time I was cult) i got no instructions at all and had no idea how anything worked

>>171852786
ive been set on fire as a tree and just walked about for ages with no issue it didn't even beat out my regen
>>
>>171846227
What makes surfer good enough to be on this
>>
>>171853079
>ive been set on fire as a tree and just walked about for ages with no issue it didn't even beat out my regen

Diona do not regenerate from burn damage. You encountered a bug or were mistaken.

They also take 2.5x normal burn damage.
>>
>>171853175
probably mistaken this game doesn't have bugs
>>
>>171805505
>Not your job
Alternate titles were a mistake.
>>
>>171853079
>ive been set on fire as a tree and just walked about for ages with no issue it didn't even beat out my regen
You had the bug where you set on fire and put it out but the fire sprite stays
Don't tell anyone how to do it it is secret
>>
>>171846227
>Felicity Rivera not at the very bottom
I want Felicity to break into my work place with an arm blade so she can hug me and suck my genomes!
>>
Give me a list of waifus so I can make a tier list
>>
>>171855347
>don't know waifus
>want to make a tier list
kekkeroni
>>
>>171855347
elliot rodger
>>
>>171855347
My waifu !
>>
God tier
>>171856540
Good tier
>>171856330
Shit tier
>>171855816
>>
>>171855347
Luka
Reica Carter
Souhei
Avada
Evangelyne Garland
Emilia Davidson
Surfer Brooks
Felicity Rivera
Ashe Mallory
Alice Conrad
A.L.I.C.E
Ginger Beach
Julia Brandt
Rina Visser
Lisa Tovir
Rin Fukishomia
Qbone
Annie Rodgers
Lyra
Brooke Burns
Ivy Stocker
Hachi
Rail
Tahitityayaya
Lilly
>>
>>171857317
Axual faxual tier list
Hachi sempai san chan dan han uguu tilde
Avada
Felicity
Souhei
Everyone but Rin
Rin
>>
>>171857317
I'm not on the list
>>
>>171857569
Sorry, was hard to think of everyone. What's the static?
>>
File: memelaws.png (29KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
memelaws.png
29KB, 640x400px
discuss
>>
>>171857495
>top three shittiest waifus after Hachi
Checks out
>>
File: beepbeep.jpg (165KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
beepbeep.jpg
165KB, 1080x1349px
>>171857620
I won't say my name, instead have a cute girl reaction image
>>
>>171857886
this dude always looks weird as fuck its like he's literally made of makeup
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN-qAtbAKeI
what the fuck is this?
>>
>>171805057
Can you drown people in toilets? I want to be a bully
>>
>>171857694
>tyrant and HOGAN in the non bwoink part
ebin
>>
>>171858428
it looks like the person who made yume nikki made his own ss13 clone.
>>
>>171857317
Hachi is not a waifu he's a husbando you mongoloid
>>
>>171857317
delet me
>>
do shrapnel actually matter or can you just ignore that there is a bullet in your body?
>>
File: beepboop.jpg (108KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
beepboop.jpg
108KB, 750x937px
>>171858156
>dude
>>
Which is better for shotguns, lethals or buckshot?
>>
>>171859193
slugs are better than shot in the majority of cases, unless you have bad aim
>>
>>171857317
all shit, extremely shit and super shit, one or two are meh
>>
>>171859193
Buckshot is for the situation when you are teleported into telescience full of cultists and fight many people in close distance.
Lethal can travel a longer distance and is often better if you are after a specific target in the hallways
>>
>>171859193
Slugs 90% of the time, buckshot when fighting something highly mobile in an area with low chance of friendly fire.
>>
File: Not laughing any more.png (269KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
Not laughing any more.png
269KB, 640x481px
>>171846602
>Kill yourself Rhydens
>>
>>171859193
Buckshot is only good for standing targets at point blank
The sound it makes at point blank is orgasmic and does a lot of damage but you have to be close
>>
File: miller.jpg (119KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
miller.jpg
119KB, 900x600px
>Great waifus
Megurine Luka
Surfer Brooks
Evangelyne Garland
Ginger Beach
>Good waifus
Reica Carter
Ashe Mallory
Alice Conrad
Ivy Stocker
>Average waifus
Emilia Davidson
Felicity Rivera
Julia Brandt
Rina Visser
Annie Rodgers
Lyra
Lilly
>Bad waifus
Rin
Lisa Torvir
Brooke burns
>Shit waifus
Avada
Souhei
Hachi
Rail
Tahitiyayayaya
>>
>>171859137
You'll bleed to death
>>
Why did Celt quit?
>>
>>171859193
Buckshot is for executions only.
>>
>>171860890
even if the blooding is stopped?
>>
>>171860306
Put Lisa, Felicity, Rina, Ashe and Lyra in great and move Julia to shit and its perfect
>>
>>171861235
It'll do the funny realism dance whilst lodged inside you and cause lots of internal bleeding if you don't get it removed.
>>
>>171860306
>>171861280
Pretty much.
>>
>>171860306
>surfer is great
>forgot Kaylie Morgan
Shit list
>>
>>171861235
Eternal bleeding
>>
>>171861565
>>171861565
literally nothing wrong with surfer
>>
>>171861860
t. S*fer
>>
>finally roll traitor
>after months of having an idea for a gimmick
>get on it
>building shit, everything is going well
>;BORGS ROGUE CALL THE SHUTTLE
>make a run to the console with an emag to recall
>didnt get in time
>say fuck it an e-sword a guy
>he had an explosive implant and i die
This won't happen again until fucking 2018
>>
can we stop with the waifu posting already
>>
>>171862367
Okay, from now on we'll never talk about it again
>>
>>171862161

I bolted the brig and captain's and shut down the power just for you, anon
>>
>>171862394
thanks
>>
>>171862367
Please
I have no idea what this characters have so special
Sometimes they are even a pain to play along with
>>
>round with competent HoS
>meta so i can ascend to my true form of flashbang man
>AI subversion plot foiled 5 minutes in
>chase suspect with HoS
>we got separated, i forgot how much health borgs have and it escaped and bolts me in solars
>AI keeps me in there for about 3 minutes even though I was screaming to let me out
>then get trapped by bolted doors in sci, then doorshocked and lasered
>HoS killed and shuttle called
>kaylie being a cutesy "le grills just want to have fun :)))))" the whole time
>round end by 12:33

M A D

i fucking hate waifu's almost as much as i hate sillicons
>>
>>171860306
>not on the list
YESSS
>>
>>171862462
Who were you?
>>
>>171862462
i fucking hate kaylie
>>
File: 1479308443849.jpg (544KB, 3000x2403px) Image search: [Google]
1479308443849.jpg
544KB, 3000x2403px
>>171862462
Feeling antagonizd yet?
>>171862624
I love you too random anon
>>
>>171862161
>>171862415
>get traitor
>need to steal the captains stamp
>go afk and come back to some nigga killing me
>my explosive implant avenges me

Hmm, friendly fire...
>>
>>171862531
Don't worry, once you get on the list you'll never get taken off.
>>
>>171862537
dont particularly feel the need to put a name on my angerposting, i was the roundstart officer
>>
Roboticist with emag nerfed when?
>>
>>171862712
nice smugposting
i actually just dislike you
but mostly in the same way as other static shitters
>>
>>171862712
I hate the fact that you're antag once a day.
either by envy and by how fast you the round turns into bullshit.
>>
>>171862813
It could have been solved much faster if a number of people delivered.
>>
File: 1489936914025.jpg (199KB, 735x731px) Image search: [Google]
1489936914025.jpg
199KB, 735x731px
>>171860306
PSHHH
>Ascended waifus
Megurine Luka
>Great waifus
Felicity Rivera
Surfer Brooks
Rail
Ginger Beach
>Good waifus
Reica Carter
Ashe Mallory
Ivy Stocker
>Average waifus
Emilia Davidson
Rina Visser
Annie Rodgers
Rin
>Meme waifus
Tahitiyayayaya
Evangelyne Garland
Lisa Torvir
Lilly
>Bad waifus
Lyra
Brooke burns
>Shit waifus
Avada
Souhei
Hachi
Julia Brandt
Alice Conrad
>>
>>171862813
just nerf the emag. its absurdly better than pretty much every other item in the game. infinite use all access slave maker is stupid
>>
>>171862813
I still can't believe that worked pretty much in front of the other roboguy
>>171862842
No problem
I don't know who you are so I don't know if I hate you back or not
>>171862876
I get antag a LOT
Mostly as the Vox CMO
Try it
>>
>>171862712
i would legit prefer every waifu to be replaced with a BR, it wouldnt even affect the server quality
>>
wifey characters are shit
you probably play one for the meta benefits
most of the non-wifey characters are also shit
I can count on one hand the people I actually like to see in-game
the rest of you are a bunch of aggravating NPCs at best
>>
>>171862881
>>171860306
Did Surfer make both these lists? What the fuck
>>
>>171862881
>Felicity anywhere near the top
too much autism to think they're a girl
>>
>>171862954
If it wouldn't affect the quality, why bother?
>>
>>171860306
>>171862881
>Megurine Luka
>No other meme team waifu like my waifu Caleigh
>>
>>171863171
who cares dude I don't play to make you happy
>>
>>171863252
its a preference thing, i'm sure admins would declare them valid anyway
>>
Balance masks: Transforming makes you drop your shit
>>
>>171863302
The feeling is mutual.
>>
>>171863171
list people you like then
>>
>>171863702
Okay
1. anyone but you
thanks like comment subscribe for more
>>
reminder that even a rude asshat is polite to people he likes
in order to be a pleasant game player, you need to be polite even to people you aren't a big fan of
that means you, every waifu ever
you're not cute if you turn around and call somebody a cuntnigger in deadchat
i'm not saying be passive-aggressive cutesy either, just be a decent fucking human being to your fellow human beings
>>
Is there a better husbando than Harvey?
>>
>>171835562
To protect society from autists

>>171837414
As far as I recall from 7 years ago, it's irrelevant.
Specific heat of oxygen/nitrogen is 20, co2 is 30, n2o is 40, and plasma is 200

>>171839280
It's a 10% chance of the 1-3 katana claymores you get out of the digsite with the lowest chance to generate on top of having to mine your own diamonds and do research yourself so it does take 10 minutes to get to the next digsite only to find out it's a tech digsite

law 2 a borer

>>171852212
Lack of communication and the server being autists incapable of doing team shit. It's why you don't have jugs dropping walls while artificers heal them and cultists lay suppressing fire while a wraith jaunts behind to zerg the guy from offscreen

In general, minimum 1 cult head has no idea what they're doing at all and only clicked it for balids. He gets busted, everybody gets waterboarded and cult loses
Usually 1-2 who didn't even read the cult wiki page and are completely useless antagonists. These guys never amount to anything and often have to be bwoinked to get words shared
The vast majority of the server can't use a local serb to practice cult and in general don't even read the wiki page so when they, who are so retarded that they can get caught by such bumbling fuckups, get converted, they're useless. They don't know cult things, they can't even do basic antagonist tasks. If you're in a bind you can try to teach them but you're doing that instead of literally 20 other things you have to do yourself because everyone else is a useless fuckwit

As a result, eventually someone gets busted in a random search while being suspicious or during a grab, the cult doesn't rally together and they get lynched one by one

In like 60% of cults, all they had to do was convert a bunch of dudes, print guns and go dept by dept. Even if a couple die, you just take one of the tased cops and use him with a resurrection rune. But they all try to be rambo and die like a hood rat
>>
>>171863982
Why would I be nice to people ooc that i'm nice to ic
The character's opinions and mine are different
>>
>>171863982
>not being passive aggressive
Waifus will die out if they can't be bitchy
>>
>>171864196
>Why would I be nice to people ooc
Because it's the right thing to do.
You don't have to be a decent person, nobody's pressuring you. But be aware that how people see you OOC definitely translates ingame.
>>171864246
If that's true, then let's let the waifus die out.
>>
>nice waifus never get mentioned in the thread
>autists and bitchy waifus get mentioned all the time
Why?
>>
>>171864373
>being a liar that pretends to like people is the right thing to do
>>
If you play cult like rev and convert a bunch of shovelheads in medbay after your initial setup time it's pretty hard to lose.
>>
>>171864449
Ashe gets mentioned
>>
>>171863982
Sorry, I think I have an anger problem and sometimes I'll get real sore about something in deadchat. I always try to make up for it if I catch myself though, so hopefully it all works out? I do believe in being kind to people.
>>
>>171864547
I don't like a lot of people. But I respect them. I'm polite to them. And often times even with differing opinions I end up liking them later.
You are going to stumble through life miserable if you can't reconcile with people you disagree with.
>>
>>171864449
People love to hate

>>171864594
Honestly, if another head or if you can wrangle a couple tards to get a pressurized cult base up to sweatshop talismans and stun revolvers you're golden. Zap people over, they gear up, and eventually they're at critical mass where nothing but a non-antag bomb bannu can stop them.
>>
>waifus

I don't understand.

They're men. MEN.

What's wrong with you people?
>>
File: 1487899381561.png (210KB, 340x343px) Image search: [Google]
1487899381561.png
210KB, 340x343px
>>171864547
Probably not from a stringent moral standpoint, but putting on the party boi facade pays dividends.
>>
>>171864753
It's roleplaying

We like the character not the player.
>>
>>171864665
Avada, I love when you're in botany, it makes things smooth and pleasant, and Noodles is great fun.
I don't really understand the whole waifu deal, but I can move past it if you're decent to people. Just... work on those anger spouts, be willing to apologize and talk things out.
>>
>>171864875
Noodles is the worst diona i've ever seen
>>
File: hmmmmmm.png (48KB, 984x374px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmm.png
48KB, 984x374px
>>171864753
autogynephilia :^)
>>
>>171864875
I am not Avada, but I do agree with you, she is a good player just very angry, and I see her personally being kind. Once when I was angry in the deadchat she gave me some chill music to relax, and is generally A kind person, I know it.
>>
File: donald-trump-shrug-1024x551.jpg (101KB, 1024x551px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-shrug-1024x551.jpg
101KB, 1024x551px
>try and be nice to people
>get shit on all the time
>>
>>171864627
Then why isn't she top of the list?
>>
>>171865089
T taken out of lgbt WHEN
>>
>>171862813
Split the emag in two. One-half with the current sprite with the unlocking capabilities (doors, lockers, computers, everything with a lock). And a new item called the "Crypto-Modulator" or some shit that allows you to modify equipment (unlocks extra function on guns, emags borgs but doesn't unlock their cover, enables contraband, disables safeties on stuff). Lower the price of both individual items compared to the old emag but makes it so buying both is more expensive than the old emag.

There, fixed.
>>
File: airhorn.png (181KB, 370x337px) Image search: [Google]
airhorn.png
181KB, 370x337px
>>171865405
stop taking it seriously
>>
>>171865496
They're personal list?
>>
>>171864875
>>171865201

isn't she the same person that scream like a autist when people spooks her for dionas?

instead of bitching she should just say there's no more dionas or something. botanists should always have dionas seeds at their fingertips
>>
>get banned for logging out when questioned about minor ic in ooc
>ban evade it
>>
>>171865606
just make it limited use again
>>
Speaking of piano wiki songs, why is the moonlight sonata one so dumb? It starts off pretty fine (despite the fact it wastes so much space going /0.75 for every note). Then it goes full retard and skips most of the line and just plays one note like every bar. And THEN it doesn't even finish the movement. Was this a result of the MIDI2piano?
>>
unban billynotreally/mammothgrinder it's been 2 years
>>
>>171865562
lbt taken out of lgbt when
>>
>>171866790
rekt
>>
>>171866462

just go on the forum and make a thread, anon
>>
Unban my client 2hotdogs or face legal action
>>
>>171867706
Enjoy shitty cuckcult
>>
Woah Woah Woah! Hold on a moment!
>>171857317

Hachi is female?
>>
>>171868961
I want to smell this specific slimegirl
>>
>>171860306
what about husbandos tho
>>
>>171869272
I want to be smelled by this anon
>>
How's this for a chemist theme song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPNrTBZTJ5U
>>
>>171863252
because atleast they wouldnt trannys
>>
>>171869689
Adequate.
>>
>want to do xenobio
>Don't want to be stuck doing research if there's nobody else
>>
someone post that husbando tier list
>>
>>171870653

just do xenobio, you even can change your title to xenobio so you never touch rnd
>>
>>171870653
Just ignore anyone whining about it, it's what I do unless I'm RD, in which case you are obligated to do any department items on the standard checklist (rnd, setting up telescience, borer egg, borg bodies) that isn't being actively covered by another scientist.
>>
decent sec coworkers and decent silicons this round, that was nice
>>
Can plasmamen get pregnant?
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>171872603

hi lyra
>>
>>171872071
Here I found it for you

top tier:
people who don't do tier lists
bottom tier:
you
>>
>>171872603
no womb no bab
>>
File: ac0e3f22c1785e312a74488f2a323148.jpg (563KB, 4092x2893px) Image search: [Google]
ac0e3f22c1785e312a74488f2a323148.jpg
563KB, 4092x2893px
>grew a grape plant that turns people who eat it into slime people and detonates fatties
>succed by vampire when I'm about to distribute it
>>
I'm doing some toxins testing and just realized; an absolute zero oxygen-tank bomb would actually be kind of shitty, since you have to heat the plasma up to the point where there aren't many mols of it compared to the oxygen, right? Man, I feel dumb.
>>
>>171872802
>detonates fatties
hope you were an antag
>>
>>171872871
I didn't feed them to fatties though.
I turned 3 people into slimes and none of them was forcefed or tricked into it.
>>
>>171872802
>slime people
like nigguh why even bother if genecistic can make it better with less work
>>
File: It Depends.jpg (69KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
It Depends.jpg
69KB, 425x340px
>>171872861
The short answer is learn about specific heat and heat capacity
The long answer is
>>
>>171872861
Why not mix absolute zero with some partially cooled oxygen so it expands past 1013kPa?
>>
>>171872802
Didn't you already get banned for posting that
>>
>>171872802
i though you were behind the sudden cooling of the atmosphere since cold = dead slimemans
>>
medbay this round was comfy but then this atmos bullshit ruined it
>>
>>171872603
if you break off a rib and stick it in a glass of milk it will grow into a new plasmaman
>>
I wish someone would explain to me how mols and kpa work. I don't understand it at all. I thought you just had to mix half plasma and half oxygen in the toxins chamber and then use that to make bombs.

Whenever I see an autist in there that seems like they know what they're doing, they just REEEEEE at me to get out.
>>
>>171872287
>borg bodies
FUCK YOU
DON'T YOU DARE
>>
>>171873067
But wouldn't it burst if the pressure got past the tank's limit? Or is it just spess magic that allows it to withstand pressure? Please excuse my ignorance, I never took physics in highschool.
>>
>>171873581
what's so wrong about that?
>>
>>171873581
That's only if no one is doing it. The RD is supposed to step in if there's something in science that isn't being done.

Or yell at his department until they do it.
RDs who confiscate the TTVs need to be shot
>>
Which waifu is best for consensual sex in the missionary position for the soul purpose of procreation?
>>
>>171865782
I always make dionas though?
People complain that i make too many dionas and that when they see me as botanist they fear the greentide, at least on the discord.
>>
>>171873494
mols is how much gas is in a given volume (I think it was a million billion billion atoms or something)
kpa is the pressure of that gas in that volume.
>>
>>171873737
>>171873665
I just don't want to be forced into a cyborg body the instant I become a posibrain, and I do mean the instant.
>>
File: antag datum.jpg (809KB, 3000x3334px) Image search: [Google]
antag datum.jpg
809KB, 3000x3334px
>>171873897
>>
>>171873897
do mols actually matter for bombs though? I thought it was just pressure and temperature.
>>
File: dreamteamanime.png (482KB, 1000x740px) Image search: [Google]
dreamteamanime.png
482KB, 1000x740px
>>171873817
Pic related
>>
File: headslap.png (366KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
headslap.png
366KB, 850x478px
>>171873991
I'm working on it.
>>
really needed your trip for that post, did ya?
>>
>>171874028
Yes. the more mols, the more reaction mass, the bigger the boom.
>>
>>171874028
mols, pressure, and temperature are all related
>>
>>171874186
how do you increase mols? I look at pipe menus and all the volume pump did was increase the pressure as far as i could tell
>>
>>171874275
chill the plasma or oxygen before injecting into the tank
>>
>>171873658
There is a limit, but it isn't 1013kPa.
>>
>>171874275
PV = nRT
>>
>>171873494
First, you must understand temperature. Gases expand when hot, and condense when cold. The absolute lowest (absolute zero) something can get is -273c. That's physically impossible in real life, but not in spess. There is no absolute maximum heat.

mols are the amount of a gas in a given volume, look at it as the unit of gas. Imagine a box full of balloons. You can stuff a lot of deflated balloons into the box, but not many inflated balloons, since they are bigger. However, there is more mass inside the box of deflated balloons.

kPa is the amount of pressure in a given volume, such as a tank or canister. If the temperature of the gas rises, so will the pressure, since the gas is expanding. Pressure lowers when the temperature lowers, since the particles are condensing.

So how does this relate to spess? TTV dev sizes are determined by the amount of mols, pressure (and temperature difference? not sure on that one, I'm no toxins god) of a mixture of plasma and oxygen in a TTV when opened. The plasma in the mixture ignites at AT LEAST 100c, which causes the explosion. So, basically toxins is a puzzle to see how you can get the highest mols and pressure stuffed into the mixed O2 and plasma in the TTV while having it be at least 100c.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me. This is my understanding of this shit and I don't want to fuck this guy up.
>>
>>171874975
What would that be? And what's stopping the gases of two different temperatures to mix and equalize?
>>
>>171874037
I hate this image
>>
>>171875407
There isn't, but the gas can only go into the oxygen tank from the cannisters. Not the other way around. So don't fill your sub zero tank up all my the way.
>>
File: antag_datums.jpg (487KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
antag_datums.jpg
487KB, 2048x1152px
>>171874126
>>
File: 1296674476283.png (17KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1296674476283.png
17KB, 520x520px
>>171843249
>the same but with less shittery

then it worked.
>>
>>171846062
>less than 100°c
you messed up
>>
What is the least rewarding department to play?

For me it's security, the crew hates me and then I die
>>
>>171876896
For me it's anything but security, xenoarch and genetics.
>>
>>171875714
Do you hate the characters or just the picture of them?
>>
>>171876896
engineering
the engine setup rituals are satisfying
>>
>>171846115
so many good ones, but changeling is the best
>>
What are some major red flags for character you see?
>Weeaboo name
>Neon hair

If you see those two together you just know they're a really angry neet3
>>
>>171875926
Oh, I think I'm starting to understand. So I'd be losing mols in exchange for keeping the same temperature and gaining higher pressure?
>>
>>171877724
All weeb names are bad but it's even worse when they're a Jojo character.
There was a guy a while ago whose static was one and he kept getting his job changed to "Stand User". How is that not ock ick?
>>
>>171877724
A scientist rushing to the outpost and immediately making chloral hydrate.
>>
>>171877921
Maybe he was just really proficient at using camera stands?
>>
>>171877923
t. "I noticed that the outpost chem dispenser missing 5units of energy so I downed 900units antitox just to be safe" kavlax
>>
>>171877139
both
>>
>>171877921
it is ock ick
>>
Does anyone remember a few years ago that admin who would keep joining the game/station as a character named "Space Traveler" Who knew every language and got really mad and wanted to ban people who would kill him?
>>
>>171878695
Why tho, it's just a dumb joke
>>
>>171878971
That was Skowron
>>
>>171878984
>someone says a dumb joke.
>it's not funny.
>they say the dumb joke a million times over.
>now it's unfunny and annoying and people are tired of it.
>>
>>171879186
>check admin page
>Removed
heh
>>
>>171879436
It's called a meme, it's a 4chan thing you redditard
>>
>>171879608
reddit has memes too. and 4chan has a history of disliking old/tired memes anyway. or at least, they used to.
>>
haha what if this game was fun again
>>
Kolith single handedly ruins everything he touches
>>
>>171879929
I'd drop it
I don't come here to have fun
>>
>>171879929
Good joke
>>
>>171880138
He needs to be banned from everything already
>>
>>171876896
Science. People only notice you if you underperform in their eyes and if shit goes down it's likely to happen in your department
>>
>Mommi's emagged
>Everything goes better than expected
Nice
>>
> over 100k credits mining, not even particularly hard
Meta asteroid has a huge amount of rare minerals.
>>
>>171879929
Fuck off to bay, this game is a display of skill.
>>
That was a really fun borer round with the luckiest CE ever until he got shot and beheaded by a random guy. I thought the AI was malf since the engyborg ignored an order, then not once the emag was found and then it was stupid good acting AI
>>
>>171880138
[emoji spam]
>>
File: Rust in cargo.png (516KB, 1915x1153px) Image search: [Google]
Rust in cargo.png
516KB, 1915x1153px
>>171880625

S.Y.D is pretty based
>>
>>171880789
fucking comic sans
>>
>>171880625
Being an emagged MoMMI with dead emagger is hard.
Either you flood distro, cool it, put the plasmaminer in maint and literally end all life.
Or you decide to play games with the crew, in which case EVERY single powergamer gets triggered and will do their best to robust you.
Either way it leaves disappointment
>>
>>171873494
Go to your local library, get your basic level physical science high school chemistry book and work from the start until you hit:
Gas laws and the ideal gas law
Specific heat and heat capacity
Gas constant

We're angry because you can blow up the lab if you put the wrong thing in and that we're racing against the antags to get a test off in time

>>171873658
Leaks at 3039, explodes at 50xx

>>171874028
To a point. Pressure determines the yield. Mols, heat capacity, and temperature are the means to achieve it.
>>
>>171880789
>Finds out AI is rogue
>''Ey want me to go kill it''
The poor AI
>>
>get schocked by lock when the radiation alarm starts
>eat a roboburger some guy gave me before getting tchernobyl'd
>get borged while in crit
>get emagg'd by antag and help her escape

Fun round. Too bad I didn't finish the gygax though.
>>
>>171880948

>he doesn't use the /g/ meme font
>>
>>171873952
>I just don't want to be forced into a cyborg body the instant I become a posibrain
why is this a problem?
>>
>>171880949
Explicitly told not to kill people.
>>
>>171880789
>innocent being walks by
>gets irradiated
>ding dong
>>
>>171880949
But he was told not to hurt anyone. It was literally the only rule.
>>
>>171881045
Some peoplwa nt to be spiderbots, or mommis, or AIs, or mechs.
>>
>>171875176
Basically right. Pressure is what gives the size, mols of fuel and the heat capacity determining how much temp you gain per x amount of fuelmol are how you get it.
>>
>>171881118
Yeah but those people are all faggots
>>
>>171881118
Whenever a posibrain asks me to make it a mech I immediately space it.
>>
>>171880949
You can be anything you want. Just be yourself man.
>>
>>171880992
The burger actually worked for once? Wow I thought they were just broken.
>>
>>171881191
A posimech oddyseus with all-access and a few decent chems is quite nice honestly.
Engineering Ripleys (with a RCD) are pretty cool too.
>>
>>171881313
Can put an RCD on an Oddy instead.
>>
>>171881291
There's a chance to naturally go into remission. Murder usually works though.

>>171881313
Seconding this. RCD cable layer ripley is pretty tight.
>>
>>171881291
Well yeah, I think it kicked in right before I died.
It went like "You feel something moving inside you..."
>>
>>171881254
see >>171881313
Posibrains are literally lawed to not be allowed to harm, there's no reason to space them for wanting to be big and useful. Hell, you could stick one in a gygax with nothing but non-lethal shit and it'd work out.

Not to mention that you can just stick an electropack into the mech to force-eject the posishits if they fuck up.
>>
>>171881419
>>171881440
I must just be very unlucky. I tried them a bunch a month or two ago and just gave up because they never worked and I could just get borged otherways anyways. I just wanted to do it for the novelty
>>
>>171881565
Roburgers work through a oldvirus, I think the cure is either iron or copper.
>>
>>171881486
To be ready for next time, to activate a posibrain when it pings, you need to click on it while it's in your hand, right ?

>>171881486
I'm guessing the whole get-irradiated-and-shocked-to-death activated it.
>>
>>171881486
>stick an electropack
WHAT
THIS IS A THING?
>>
>>171881565
Yeah. You have to put an electropack in it to eject them if they're shitters though.
>>
>>171881763
Yup. Don't have to wait till it pings either, you can just activate it in-hand whenever.
Make sure to place it down so retarded ghosts can click on it to add themselves to the pool.
>>
>>171879563
sorry if I hurt your feelings <:3
I requested deadminning though, so rip
>>
>>171881985
Last I checked the posibrain setting would draft you into the cube without giving you a heads up/requiring a veto on every cube that's activated, every time they're activated. It's not a good setting.
>>
Todays fun coder tidbit

If you're in complete darkness, there is a .1% chance for a scary sound to be played

handle_random_events.dm

//0.1% chance of playing a scary sound to someone who's in complete darkness
if(isturf(loc) && rand(1,1000) == 1)
var/turf/T = get_turf(src)
if(!T.get_lumcount())
playsound_local(src,pick(scarySounds), 50, 1, -1)
>>
>>171882456
All non-newfags know that dumb shit
>>
>>171881896
Yeah. Tune it to some frequency, stick it in a mech, ping frequency to remote-eject mech.
>>
>>171881093
Rust doesnt make rads right now, just a lot of heat.
>>
File: fuck_2.jpg (41KB, 387x617px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_2.jpg
41KB, 387x617px
>>171860306
>never on the list

benefits of never playing have never been more clear
>>
File: jb.png (28KB, 240x350px) Image search: [Google]
jb.png
28KB, 240x350px
Julia is a good waifu.
>>
>>171882456
Actually saying it makes it pointless and boring. Why can't people understand wikis literally ruin games? The whole point is to discover things by yourself, to have a sense of wonder, to be surprised when shit like this happens. baka
>>
>>171882058
Don't worry man, getting mad at people in a video game is dumb. I just thought the space traveler thing was dumb
>>
>>171883910
fuck off morena
>>
>>171883910
good one because she's gone
>>
If someone tried to play but they legitimately did not speak English but did not break the rules, how would admins respond?
>>
>>171884817
Most likely in english.
>>
>>171884817
This is an english speaking server
>>
>>171884817
They can mime/mommi with no problem
>>
>>171884817
They would be banned.
Not even joking.
>>
>>171884817
If they don't break the rules I don't see any problem
If they get bwoinked and none of the damins can understand what they say it becomes a problem
They will probably get bwoinked eventually because they won't understand anyone else in-game
>>
>>171884817
>Account age 0, joined the round and started screaming in portuguese and attacking people. Wouldn't go IC despite warnings. Is a friend of ckey: Mystery of Darkness who stated that he is "refusing to speak english". Read the rules and appeal on the forums http://ss13.moe/forum/ if you actually want to play here.
>>
>>171884921
how are they going to mime if they don't know english?
how are they going to follow the laws if they don't understand them?
>>
>>171885103
google translate
>>
>>171885103
>how are they going to mime if they don't know english?
99% of the time I see a mime they're either just walking around or playing the piano (just pulling yer legs, love you mimes.)
>>
>it's metaglub again
thanks admins, now I can finally go to sleep
>>
>>171885221
i mostly see them dead after killing them
>>
>>171877889
think of mols to be how many particles of gas there are
mols is usually constant
>you heat up 50 mols of gas 100 C,
>the pressure changes
>but you don't loose any gas
>so still 50 mols

mols are important because the plasma oxy reaction happens at a 1:2 ratio of mols (you need 2 mols of oxygen for every mol of plasma)
>>
where the fuck is gachi machine on meta? I've only found candy machine near arrivals
>>
>>171886380
But how do you get more mols without losing your goal temperature.
>>
>>171884082
I agree and I feel stupid now for having done it.
>>
How exactly DO you inject over 1013kPa gas into a tank?
>>
>>171888190
ahelp/pray for a bigger tank
>>
>>171888190
compress
>>
>>171888190
you inject a small, but colder, pressure and then heat it up.
>>
>murder someone and change their round goal to "NO U MURDERBONE 4 ME NOW"
>be surprised they half-ass it or just suicide
>>
File: circa 2011-2.png (136KB, 1023x558px) Image search: [Google]
circa 2011-2.png
136KB, 1023x558px
>>171888190
Positive gas values are a meme.
Negative or bust.
>>
>>171888909
What is porlbem?
>>
>>171888587
Oh, do tanks heat/cool with the canister they're in?
>>
>>171888909

>being pissed off that someone kills you
>being pissed off at being turned into a murderbot

are you pissed off that you can't play as your snowflake, anon? I'd be more than happy to become that
>>
>>171873737

t. antag who does toxins every roll.
>>
>>171889416
i don't believe so. You just add a small quantity of your gas which you superheated instead of cooled, and the temperature will jump with the pressure.
>>
>>171889646
t. RD that completely misses the point of his job
>SS13 is a research station, specifically for plasma
>aka toxins
>RD (research director) refuses to let plasma researcher research plasma, the entire point of the station
>>
>>171884068

this. the only time i used the wiki was for doing medbay shit
>>
>>171889893
What's the benefit to multiple valves instead of one at a time?
>>
>>171889603
>Everyone lusts for valids like me right
>>
>>171889893

This. the test area is made specifically so people can blow it up as non antag and test their bombs for future rounds
>>
>>171890192
did you get borged and decided to wheel away from people / hiding from your master? Pretty gay
>>
WE MADE IT
that round was a blast
>walking over to the roid research station only to see it's filled with weeds and xeno eggs
>>
File: space.png (102KB, 1600x820px) Image search: [Google]
space.png
102KB, 1600x820px
>>
File: 1436308067520.png (300KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1436308067520.png
300KB, 1366x768px
>Barely able to keep the xenos out of cargo
>Centcomm keeps recalling the shuttle with snarky messages and calling us pussies
>>
>>171889893
>>171873737
Are you meaning any RD that secures the TTV and gives them out when a toxin scientists needs it or RD's that refuse to give em out?

If the former you're retarded.
>>
So, were the xenos bussed in? Seemed pretty quick. Also
>4. The act of speak is human harm.
>>
>>171888909
If you play for valids you should be glad for the chance to get more valids, and if you play for roleplay reasons you should be glad for the chance for some more roleplay. The only reason to be a whiny bitch over this is if you're a pipe autismer who's mad he can't do more pipes.
>>
>>171806460
thanks for the shitpost, i just thought of my next antag gimmick
>>
>>171890474
Yeah i think they must have been bussed in, seeing as there was no "unknown biohazard blah blah blah level x detected" followed by loud metal clanking
>>
>>171890478
Either way, it sounds like this.

originalbubsra
Syndicate
Suicided as a shade. You are bound to your masters will, ie not suiciding because you dislike the round type. Please try to consider others enjoyment of a round as much as your own.
>>
File: I miss you mom.png (21KB, 422x323px) Image search: [Google]
I miss you mom.png
21KB, 422x323px
>>171890431
This made me sad, have an edit.
>>
>>171888909

you do realize that if you don't do your job or suicide you will get banned, right?

At least you're doing something instead of being dead
>>
>>171889782
What temperature would you consider superheated?
>>
>>171890441
>Admins then proceed to not even reply when I ahelp with a technical issue
>>
>>171890674
I love reading what people think aloud if they get spaced
>>
File: shh, babby is slep.gif (339KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
shh, babby is slep.gif
339KB, 294x233px
>>171890674
>>171890431
>>
>>171890657
but i like cult
>>
>>171890763
well in all honesty it depends on your target temperature and target mols. Gotta do a little math and work out how many hot moles you can shove in at what temperature to raise your cold moles from your cold temp to your target temp.
>>
>>171891268
WAKE UP BAB
>>
>>171891518
alright, I was just wondering because I shoved about 506 kPa of ~1900c oxygen into a tank of 506 kPa of -266c oxygen and all it did was increase the pressure by .3 kPA
>>
File: 1369725169716.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1369725169716.gif
32KB, 250x250px
What is the biggest gimmick you pulled while being antagonist?
>>
>>171891889
laws of thermodynaics bubby
>>
>>171889893
>>171890459

I mean I secure all the valves then dole them out one at a time, not refuse access.
>>
>>171892152
Incompetent wizard. I teleported to the station and screwed up massively right off the bat. I accepted my death and started wandering around asking for directions before grabbing some crayons to start drawing runes on the ground.
Somehow, this convinced everyone that saw me that I wasn't a real antag. I even got to beat a monkey to death on the ground before I froze time and started my half hour reign of butt-removing terror.
>>
>>171892294
Then you are retarded.

The entire point is to secure 6 incredibly dangerous objects so they can't be abused without supervision, it's like nukeops getting at a captain for securing the disk.

Stop being such a shitter.
>>
>>171892152
Boobytrapped 'hackers cove' with camera, medical, and communications consoles, and trying to convince people to do my objectives for me/cause chaos by sending them false messages

Too bad most people were too admin cucked to actually do anything though, except a chef who went to town in medbay with some knives.
>>
>>171892152
I got a guy bad notes and lynched because I made bomb threats with his voice on the radio and he got arrested then made bomb threats towards security because he was mad.
and they ended up permaing or executing him, I forgot. then I revealed that it was me all along on the emergency shuttle.
>>
Please add me on the discord.
Blue_Skies#9160
>>
>>171892746
Just use the link

https://discord.gg/xsaDW8d
>>
>>171892746
>Blue_Skies#9160
https://discord.gg/HQA4Mhm

just click this
>>
>>171892473

It's bannable to secure all the valves retard.
>>
File: Gluttony of the Spessman.png (360KB, 831x601px) Image search: [Google]
Gluttony of the Spessman.png
360KB, 831x601px
>E20 at roundstart
>shuttle arrival at 12:20
zzz
>>
>>171892880
Why?
>>
>>171889646
The RD is rarely responsive so all it does is fuck up your nonantag testing cause he's a metagaming faggot
>>
>>171892946

It's along the same lines as Malf proofing atmos to prevent flooding.
>>
>>171892946
Same reason it's bannable to secure all antagonist objectives, like jumpsuits.
>>
>>171892880
That's incorrect retard.
>>
>>171892939
>roll nipples
>20 min round

i wanna die
>>
>>171893065

It's no longer an objective and still bannable.
>>
>>171893065
But jumpsuits are in head of staff lockers
>>
>>171893140
worse yet
>hear nipples exclaim that he loves everyone at roundstart
>want to join in and exclaim that i love everyone too
>roundstart mute mutation
fug
>>
>>171893071

Ask any admin if grabbing all valves and then not giving them out to people doing toxins is okay behavior. Go on, ask them, I have, it's against the rules.
>>
>>171892880
>It's bannable to secure all the potentially highly lethal items that are under your department's supervision that you happen to head
well better autoban anyone who's ever played warden, chop chop
>>
>>171893304
I was bwoinked over securing them AND giving them out for tests. Its still a no-no
>>
>>171893361
when?
>>
>>171893361
Which admin
>>
>>171893349

It is though, you can't secure all the valves and then not hand them out, ask the admins.
>>
>>171893580
>then not hand them out,
This isn't quite what everyone else has been saying. In fact there's been a lot of different variations that have key differences.

1. Destroying TTVs to keep antags from using them - metagame ban.
2. Securing TTVs and refusing to let any authorized crew use them because they might be antags - job ban

3. Securing TTVs and letting authorized crew have access to them so they can conduct plasma research - OK
>>
>>171893304
But we're talking about handing out the valves.
>>
>>171893361
I talked with Probe about it when the toxins scientist ahelped it over that happening on Meta. Conclusion was that you can't take them and keep them and refuse to hand them out for bomb tests, but you *can* take them and lock them up and hand them out one by one for bomb tests
So you can't remove the toxin scientist's ability to do his job, but you can restrict how fast he can do it. That's what I came out of the conversation with and it sounds okay to me.
>>
>>171893580
Literally nobody's saying you need to hoarde them and never hand them out ever.
>>
>>171894310
fwiw I never really considered a specific scenario like an RD handing them out one at a time and being a dick about it. I only discussed it as allowing authorized crew access to them. I don't have any immediate strong feelings about it or belts but I can see in some situations where an RD just acts like an absolute cunt to his staff in the name of stopping the antags
+rep
>>
>>171892245
don't those deal with entropy, which is nonexistent with ideal gas?
>>
>>171895105
Either way, restricting access to them entirely for no other reason than "I don't want it" (which is also a code phrase for "he could be antaggu") is not okay
Restricting access to them on a limited basis, which means still handing them out when they're necesary since you're the RD not the repoman, isn't quite as not okay - assuming, as you say, that they don't fuck up the global rule and be a dick about it
>>
>>171895109
I was reaching a little. It's more about the mechanics of thermal transfer, but law one somewhat applies. Can't create energy out of nothing to heat the gasses.
>>
>>171894826

I misunderstood then, my bad.
>>
>>171895634
Honestly, the biggest toxins mystery for me is figuring out what the most important variable in a TTV bomb is. After that, I could just use the ideal gas law to find how to ramp that shit up.
>>
>>171895386
Yes, the RESTRICTION applies to non-research (or the more general non authorized) crew.

If you are restricting people who are supposed to be using this stuff from using it then you're not performing your job well.
>>
>>171896371
Most important variable is pressure.

Every 1013kpa is 1 light range damage.
>>
>>171896548
Doctors have access to autoinjectors. But CMOs will look askance at doctors they find out have six chloral pokers in their belt.
>>
>>171896569
Would that determine the dev? So like, 7091 is 7dev?
>>
>>171897580
Yes and no.
It goes dev/heavy/light - 1/2/4.

7091kpa would be 1/3/7
Thread posts: 767
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.