[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dadg/ - Darkest Dungeon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 562
Thread images: 153

File: man at arms.png (210KB, 406x283px) Image search: [Google]
man at arms.png
210KB, 406x283px
"THIS LINE WILL NOTE BREAK" edition

>Wiki for everything:
http://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
http://arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
http://i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg (embed) (embed)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
http://www.darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer mod for non-backers (Musketeer is recruited through the caravan)
mega:#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8

Last thread: >>170428092
>>
Dead gen until more Crimson Court info?
>>
>>170844421
It's kinda pointless to put it to that with how soon things are coming out. No reason we can't just keep up some casual discussion until then.
>>
>idiots say highwayman is the least useful hero

Those opinions of shitters never fail to amuse me.
Finished Stygian with 2 deaths in DD4 and HWM is my favorite damage dealer for any dungeon.
>>
File: 1458688725959.png (470KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458688725959.png
470KB, 600x600px
>>170844542
So what are you all doing in the mean time? I'm trying to kill all the bosses so I can finish off DD quests properly. I'm taking my time playing through the game but I wish half of the time there were quests worth doing but as it stands, I have most of the trinkets I want and almost everything maxed out.

Didn't realize I would be burnt out before hearing anything about CC. It's been way too long.
>>
would you rather heal Compulsive or Egomania with a free sanitarium use?
>>
>>170844965
I'm playing Stygian mode and find myself in a bit of a quandary. I'm not even half way through the mode and I've got plenty of level 5s, so I'm not worried about time, but I don't want to spend time and money on champ dungeons or bosses. I don't think my teams are quite ready for DD though because I don't have enough deeds for full level 5 equips yet. So I'm debating how much time and resource I want to risk to get it all together. Anyone else playing Stygian have this problem?
>>
>>170844965
I wanna finish the game at least on normal mode before crimson comes out. I have like 19 heroes on lvl 6, about 130 something weeks into the game, and beat every boss under lvl 5 except swine god.

For some reason im just super reluctant when it comes to actually fighting the bosses and doing the darkest dungeon.
>>
>>170845526
Right along side you, grown too attached to my heroes to risk using them.

I've gotten better recently, done half the champ bosses and Vvulf, as well as gotten almost all the Ancestor trinkets from long champ quests. But still coming up with excuses not to set foot in DD or champ Weald
>>
>>170845873
Oh for some reason im not all that attached to my heroes, I've lost plenty good ones over the past months of gameplay, but for some reason I just super avoid the bosses.

Maybe I should just get on with it. Stop being such a little bitch.
>>
File: 20170312192003_1.jpg (208KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170312192003_1.jpg
208KB, 1366x768px
I dragged this fight longer than I expected.
>>
Just met my first Virago. Thank god for GR crits cause my Leper and BH were not prepared. Lesson learned
>>
Is there a link to the kickstarter stuff, like art our soundtrack? Want to check those out.
>>
File: Asd.png (921KB, 1277x704px) Image search: [Google]
Asd.png
921KB, 1277x704px
Oh cock

You know what

Fuck it. Im gonna do it. Its only a lvl 1 shambler. Worst case I can try to run and get wiped.
>>
>>170849912
You should do it after completing your quest. It's only a few steps away.
>>
File: Fug.png (938KB, 1277x702px) Image search: [Google]
Fug.png
938KB, 1277x702px
>>170849912
He lived on death's door while afflicted against a 4 turn buffed clapperclaw.

Based fucking manatarms.

Not mad about the other bounty hunter, he was lvl 1 anyway.

>>170850541
of course I did.
>>
>>170844734

That's cos he was complete trash until the Antiquarian update, and now he's still only useful for his melee abilities.

He's not bad but he's still only half a hero. At least he's not Crusader.

>>170844965

Trying to do Stygian, but i'm gonna speedrun it like that guy who finished the game in 18 weeks.
>>
>>170845439
Compulsive imho
>>
>>170845439
Egomania only affects a total of four curios while Compulsive affects all of them.
>>
File: At least I lived..png (997KB, 1275x700px) Image search: [Google]
At least I lived..png
997KB, 1275x700px
>When you get dicked by the collecter

Better overconfidence my ass out of there. I just got the shrieker's prize quest also, what do I take on it?
>>
>>170853347
Bandaids
Kills the nest first
>>
File: Damn son.png (960KB, 1277x704px) Image search: [Google]
Damn son.png
960KB, 1277x704px
>>170853347
hoooooooly fucking shit thats a lot of stuff. But i thought the shrieker gave you back your trinkets?

God damn he hurts, almost got him though, got him down to about 30 hp. Got lucky with my houndmaster, bless you rngesus.

>>170854683
I got a little bit of everything cause I didnt know what to expect.
>>
>>170854819
Is it worth locking corvid's eye on said houndmaster?
>>
>>170854950
+ACC and +Scouting right? I locked mine in ASAP
>>
>>170855134
Then I made a good choice. God rid of slowdraw alongside it too.

I hoped I'd get corvids eye on my arbalest though, but I supposed HM is good enough.
>>
>>170854950

If there's a "Top 5 quirks" then Corvid's Eye and Corvid's Grace are in there. It's one improved regular quirk + a unique quirk in one slot, and you can only get them in that rare Shrieker encounter.

Absolutely no reason you shouldn't lock them.
>>
File: Pelagic_Shaman.png (373KB, 817x950px) Image search: [Google]
Pelagic_Shaman.png
373KB, 817x950px
It really bothers me that the pelagic enemies all have visible eyes. I do like the touch of the shamans wearing the tiara though.
>>
File: eyes everywhere.png (196KB, 453x693px) Image search: [Google]
eyes everywhere.png
196KB, 453x693px
>>170857014
But Anon, if you think about it,
All the really alien/monstrous things have visible eyes.
Eyes are a symbol of the Thing's influence in earnest. [/spoiler.]
Look ALL around in the Darkest Dungeon. Look at all those eyes.
>>
File: 1468001689179.jpg (15KB, 267x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468001689179.jpg
15KB, 267x300px
Just fucking did the third Darkest Dungeon level and FUCK THE FUCKING FAGGOTY FUCKING TELEPORTING CUNT. I was about to kill him and the FAGGOT teleported my party T H R E E FUCKING TIMES. Everyone's dead because of that stupid fucking spell. I hope whoever thought that was a good idea dies in a car crash.
>>
Rank from best to worse class you'd want to share a campfire with.
>>
>>170862570
Best: GR. snuff it up and fuck.
>>
>>170862570
Religious camping skills in a party with 2 or more religious characters are fucking bananas.
>>
>>170862562
>he didn't bring a plague docter
>>
>>170862570
Houndmaster best camper. Doggo protects you from monsters while you sleep, scouts the dungeon, and licks your face to remind you why you're fighting.
>>
File: jester_sprite_attack_lute.png (130KB, 442x563px) Image search: [Google]
jester_sprite_attack_lute.png
130KB, 442x563px
>>170862570
Best tier: Jester
Runner Up: Highwayman and Grave Robber
Okay tier: everyone else
cuddling with leeches tier: Plague Doctor
>>
>>170864435
>You get picked on for mockery
>>
File: 189102385.png (140KB, 508x400px) Image search: [Google]
189102385.png
140KB, 508x400px
>>170864582
>it's another Jester telling nonstop Leper jokes episode
>>
File: Webber.png (134KB, 573x449px) Image search: [Google]
Webber.png
134KB, 573x449px
>>170862938
I'll take the backdoor, anon ;)
>>
>>170862938
Snuffing seems a bit shady for a lady like that.
>>
>>170871993
She's a shady lady.
>>
>>170872158
This is very true. PD doesn't seem super clean either.
>>
dazed
>>
REELING
>>
File: 1482112642712.png (459KB, 519x483px) Image search: [Google]
1482112642712.png
459KB, 519x483px
About to BREAK

Anyway is mod support added yet/soon? Havent played and checked the general in a while.
>>
>>170880841
From what I've seen on steam I'm estimating it's gonna be ready in the next two weeks.
>>
>>170878880
>>170879953
a boat to break
>>
damn i still need that fucking shambler map trinket and im already at week 120 kek
>>
File: Prepare Yourself.png (290KB, 343x432px) Image search: [Google]
Prepare Yourself.png
290KB, 343x432px
Post your shitty game ideas for Darkest Dungeon anons.
> New Champion Ruins enemy with high dodge (semi-similar to Shrieker's) that absorbs and adds onto himself corpses to increase it's size, hp, damage and move set. At the cost of losing it's dodge and speed.
> New defense missionc in an area, where it takes place in a single room and you begin to fend off wave after wave of enemies that get increasingly difficult until you fight a New Boss. There are camping breaks however, to ensure your party doesn't get completely fucked.
> Weald Broodmother boss, that covers the entire map with alot web traps (which only just apply a slow debuff but no damage) and if they catch someone, you engage combat with her or a group of spiders.Once she's low or when it's turn 4 she immediately retreats back to the Boss Room to massively regenerate health, buying you more time to explore the dungeon and activate traps without getting engaged upon by her but you will still get attacked by normal spiders.
>>
>>170881972
>enemies that do nothing but stall the fight by gradually lowering your acc to 0 so you have to retreat from them

Would actually teach ppl that there is a retreat option

>every ~10th attack is a massive crit so you cant use them to heal up
>>
File: injury and despondance.png (57KB, 671x588px) Image search: [Google]
injury and despondance.png
57KB, 671x588px
>1 damage away from one-shotting HoD
>>
>>170844965
I just made a ghoul variant with a mouth in the chest, he maggot carrier, it's attacks spawn maggots that gain bonuses agains bleeding targets, it also can inflict 2 new illments, gangrenous necrosis and septicemia.
>>
>>170884421
Damn son how'd you manage that?
>>
>>170887443

Leper with +damage amulets, stacking revenge and PD buffs on him, some decent quirks and then landing a crit
>>
>>170887638
Oh neato, I'll need to give that a try sometime.
>>
>>170884421
Difficulty?
>>
>>170891532

Hardest.
>>
>>170891765
Good man
>>
>>170881972
I like the alternate map boss idea. reminds me of the later DD missions and throws in some added variety to places we've seen before.
>>
So I'm just starting out and I'm not sure what do do with attacks that move your party around. It seems like some of the moves that have this effect are really useful and can help you with when you get surprised, but others are for classes where you usually wouldn't want them to move and it feels weird to use them. Any advice?
>>
File: 1404335154989.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1404335154989.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>Finished DD1 with houndmaster, occultist, PD, and bounty hunter
>Prepare for my first foray into DD2
>No idea what the fuck i'm going to do
>Assume that the talismans of the flame are referencing some sort of powerful attack by a new enemy, and since there's three, I can only assume you need to guard or protect one of your party members who aren't using the trinket
>Bring MAA, Leper, Arb, and Occ
>Buy literally all the food, holy water, antivenom, and bandages available
>Panicking because I can't use my good trinkets and have to choose the most important ones for each class to bring along
>Start up the mission and realize I didn't buy torches, even more stressed due to the possibility of this being a massive fuckup
>Manage to equally maintain stress with careful use of campfires, but my Arb becomes afflicted
>Occ gets a resolve check
>Stalwart
>MAA gets one
>Stalwart
>take time healing up and stunning the remaining templar when I kill his allies to prep for the next battles
>Finish the dungeon my first try, relatively easily, probably would have still been A-ok even if everyone became afflicted

Such a fucking satisfying, successful feeling, boys.

Also, the endgame in this is really satisfying. I feel really tense, I guess it's the fear of the unknown and each new iteration of the darkest dungeon being differently dangerous and filled with things you don't know how to prepare for, knowing you could lose your A team, but you'll carry back the knowledge of how to better perform next time. Also the whole atmosphere of things, as well, and the new ancestor dialogue.
>>
>>170884987
Are you making a variant mod pack? Sounds fun desu
>>
>>170900615
The bigger the risks and the stakes, the bigger the satisfaction. The soundtrack at the end really helps.
>>
>week 32 Stygian
>Guild 66%
>Blacksmith 84%
How am I doing lads?
>>
>>170902421
Skills are much more important.
>>
>>170902503
Skills are not more important. The most important thing is upgrading your weapons
>>
File: 1377400520344.png (229KB, 336x420px) Image search: [Google]
1377400520344.png
229KB, 336x420px
>Tfw mastering long champion dungeons

Haha holy fuck anons, every long run brings in about 80 crests, and 20-30 of a couple other heirlooms.

My inventory each time is literally just all heirlooms, this is ridiculous.
>>
>>170904575
For each weapon upgrade is a small jump in dmg and crit. Upgrading skills become more important so they count for every time you use them. Compare being able to do 1-3 more dmg with a stun that never fails or upgraded heal that lets you survive a attack with 1 more hp. Upgrading certain skills give accuracy and crit boosts on top of that. Upgrading party buffs give them better potency to make them worthwhile and usable. Take into account that you don't have the trinkets you need to make certain skills much more than usable at early game like HM's baton, jester's stress heal, PD's vial, occultist's incense, leper's forunate bandlet (you shouldn't use him until after you get a ACC trinket through) or adom's restraining/dmg locks.
>>
>>170905082
Welcome to the Got Gud club.
>>
I know I'm late but I just got this on Vita and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed, everything is pretty close to pushing my shit in, is this normal?

Also, I just barely beat the collector, is that a boss or a normal enemy?
>>
>>170906214
The Collector is a regular mob, at later levels you fight 4 of them at the same time and they each summon 3 heads. The screen actually adjusts/zooms out to accommodate them all, it's very intimidating.
>>
>>170906354
Shush you. Don't spoil the surprise.
>>
>>170906214
It's normal at first. The entire game is about risk management, and pushing the rng in your favor.

The Collector is a miniboss of sorts that appears randomly sometimes when your inventory is partially full of loot, I think.

Some general beginner's tips i can give you would be something like:

-Feel free to dismiss low level people who pick up bad quirks, and become afflicted if they don't have any money put into them through armor and skill upgrades
>Don't everbe afraid to run from fights, and missions as a whole, if it means saving a good hero, or one you spent a lot of money on
>Always being a little bit more food than you think you'll need. if you're doing medium or long missions, keep in mind the requirements for having a feast for the when you camp, so you can restore health and stress easily
>Bring one person with a campfire skill that negates nighttime ambushes, trust me, they'll fuck you over HARD sometimes
>learn that the curious you encounter in hallways and in rooms
>Scouting is incredibly useful, it lets you see traps, predict what's coming and set routes accordingly if you need toa void a fight if your team isnt doing well, and lets you chart out secret rooms. it als entirely prevents you from being surprised, even at 0 light
>Buy more supplies than needed, learn what locations need what supplies for the curios and enemies/ status effects contained therein
>Target the backline stressers right away. You can heal damage easier, but stress is more difficult to deal with, and can result in affliction checks which can add on to the piling stuff which will screw up your runs
>Generally try and run teams with good synergies, people who can attack from most spots no matter what their formation, people who can stun, etc.
>Healing isn't always the best course of action, and you may do better to try killing the enemy first and heal when you're safer

You'll learn more over time, but I hope some of this general information helps a lot.
>>
>>170906974
Wow I fucked up that post a lot

Shameful
>>
File: IMG_9402.png (154KB, 572x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9402.png
154KB, 572x379px
>>170843961
>critical Treebranch Smackdown
good fucking lord
>>
>>170901934
Had one up already, but the code its really outdated as its from beta era DD, im updating it and now that I've become experienced with photoshop I can do the artwork miself instead of delegating it and ending up with just a recolored version.
>>
>tfw finally got Ancestor's Lantern
Torchless Runs are now basically a piece of cake.
>>
Hypothetically, is houndmaster the best choice for this trinket?

Now here me out on this one. There are a number of reasons why I think there isn't another hero more suited for this:
>dodges count more when your hero is at death's door than anything since it increases your hero's chances of surviving a DD check
>he has ranged attacks to strike any position and make the most out of the trinket buff
>he even has an AoE attack + dog treats to increase his lethality
>can self heal if you need to back out on using the trinket
The gimmick focus is to use houndmaster without healing him until he hits DD and finish off most enemies. He should be equipped with another trinket or quirk to boost his dodge and speed so you can negate the chance of him dying prematurely and give you opportunity to choose fight/self heal. Killing enemies before they do potential harm to him is priority and focus on healing him if there is a chance that he lands on DD with a DoT in effect.

Your main strategy is to bring more food/bandage/anti-venom just so you can fix him. Don't gamble the trinket's effects if there is a chance your houndmaster will get DoT. When you decide to use the seal, have him bodyguard people to increase his dodge and center the damage towards him so he can get DD faster. Buff his spd and dodge over damage which he can muster with 2 unlocked remaining quirks or bonuses against beast. When he hits DD, have him wipe out enemies and heal him whenever you feel like there's a good chance he won't make it. Recommended quirks to give him are evasive, quick reflexes, unyielding, last gasp, clutch hitter, second wind, Beast x-er and other damage quirks.

Discuss.
>>
>>170898609
Torrent where?
>>
>>170898609
>4 More days till it comes out in Europistan.

FUCKING GOD DAMN IIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
>>
>>170911367
Why did it get delayed, according to the wiki it was scheduled to release 3 days ago.
>>
>>170908473
I lost 2 lvl 5's to that dumb fucking skill today, a crusader and a hwm.

FUCK
>>
>>170911808
I dont know, but I know it came out in America a while back, in japan on the 23rd and its coming out in europe on the 17th.
>>
>>170909187
I personally use Jester when fucking around with Death's Door stuff. Your idea isn't a bad one, but Jester has the other highest Deathblow resist trinket in the game and I personally find that extra 12% more valuable.
>>
>>170912203
Maximum Death's Blow resistance caps at 87%

But if you can deal a shit ton of damage with finale then that would be interesting.
>>
>>170912640
>Maximum Death's Blow resistance caps at 87%
>implying that'll ever make a difference
>>
>>170912851
>20% increased chance to avoid permadeath
Yeah.
>>
File: 1478159814291.jpg (268KB, 1440x1682px) Image search: [Google]
1478159814291.jpg
268KB, 1440x1682px
>going for that ach with starting duo
>leveling them on easier stuff
>Swine King
>Occultist stunned by Wilbur twice in a row
>King crits Dismas
>Dismas ripostes him and kills him
And then Dismas died on Swine King from Wilbur
>>
>>170915391
>taking them to boss fights
>not just leveling them up on short missions
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>170915776
True true.
Oh well.
>>
>>170915391
The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago
except he riposted and killed wilbur instead
>>
File: 132414235.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
132414235.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>170915391
>he takes the cripple class duo to bosses
even tho crusade is honestly not that bad, you can set it with a man at arms an constantly push it back with the stun to spam holy lance.
>>
File: hmm really turns my tides.png (65KB, 200x309px) Image search: [Google]
hmm really turns my tides.png
65KB, 200x309px
>leper is a dude who got leprosy but wants to do good with what life he has left
>abomination is a dude who got forcibly turned into a demon but wants to use his unholy strength for good
>leper: NO I HATE THAT GUY
really... makes u.... go huh.......
>>
>>170916483
It's implied the Abom did it himself.
>>
>>170917241
Where?
>>
>>170916483
Leper is a religious fanatic and abomination is walking, talking blasphemy.
>>
>>170918423
Some of his barks imply he was a scientist beforehand and that he fucked something up.
>>
>>170918423
he most probably went full Hag and at some point started to experiment on itself, it is stated the Hag once was an attractive lady, and probably the only one the ancestor had any professional respect for, now she's probably trapped on her "abomination mode"
>>
>>170916483
>implying hew and rake wouldn't be the most broken combo ever
>>
Feels 40s man
>>
>>170922540
>only ever hit for 22
>>
>>170922960
>implying thats bad.

8-17 hitting for 8 5 turns in a row says hi.
>>
>>170851842
Can you stop trying to share your shitty opinions about f you didn't even finish Stygian?

Both HWM and Crusader are completely viable heroes and I did Stygian with no deaths and HWM in most of my parties, VVulf and DD1 without a single problem.
>>
File: 20170306004700_1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170306004700_1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1200px
Red hookers better fucking add level 6 missions in DLC.
>>
Should I go for a Tome of Holy Healing or a second Berserk Charm? I have Junia's Head but I lost my Sacred Scroll to alcohol.
>>
>>170908473
That's why I never go to the Weald without Maa who guards first 2 positions.
It's a strategy but at the same time it's a limitation that cuts other unreliable ways to do the dungeon and that encounter.

There are lots of such things in DD, corridor Shambler in pitch black is one of the most obvious ones. Hardcore fans who finished the game on NG+ full dark multiple times complain about devs' inability to fix the balance and make game more versitile.
When you look for efficient ways to play it on NG+ and especially full dark, the game becomes really tiny with the options you can use to succeed. Which is a shame.
But people who waste 100+ weeks won't see it anyway.
>>
>>170925485
Sacred scroll is overrated garbage anyway. You cut the chance to stun enemies and that's dumb.
>>
>>170926023
It's decent when paired with healing head for maximum heal potential, it's pretty funny watching the enemy team attempt to put a dent in you when you can heal a quarter of your entire teams heal in one turn.
>>
>>170925010

HWM is useful but his ranged skills are strash.

Crusader doesn't do anything other heroes can't already do better.
>>
>>170926023

Judgement is far more useful than the stun, and the -speed makes a Healbot Vestal much more effective. It's literally one of the best trinkets in the game because its downsides are meaningless.

At Champion level just having a stun doesn't do anything, enemies will shrug them off if they're not backed up with trinkets, which is why people use Hellions, Plague Doctors and Houndmasters if they need good stuns.
>>
File: 1474947714792.jpg (201KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1474947714792.jpg
201KB, 786x1017px
Need a dancer class that's stronger when paired with Jester.
>>
>>170931280
>Dancer class
Why was this the first thing I thought of?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykqO8D_7g3Q
>>
File: 20170313141245_1.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170313141245_1.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>170926023
>>170926860
>>170927945
I think I should go for the Berserk Charm and make some gold, at least for now.

I can get the Sacred Scroll back from a Shrieker can't I?
>>
>>170931280
are we putting on a show for these monsters now?
>>
File: 1435640142417.png (62KB, 387x235px) Image search: [Google]
1435640142417.png
62KB, 387x235px
>>170932372
I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>170932138
>tfw you have three sacred scrolls and you weren't even trying to get them in the first place.
>>
File: 1460377413798.jpg (46KB, 632x472px) Image search: [Google]
1460377413798.jpg
46KB, 632x472px
>>170909187
>>170914271
The big issue with Death's Door resistance is that it's much better to build your hero to avoid getting there in the first place rather than planning for it. You have much better options that do the exact same thing you're talking about that don't require him to throw his body onto the monsters and waste a trinket slot.
>>
File: 1891015468.png (374KB, 1093x869px) Image search: [Google]
1891015468.png
374KB, 1093x869px
>>170932753
>>
>>170931280
>Another music based shuffle class that gets a buff when paired with the other music based shuffle class
I could dig it
>>
File: Maggot_carrier.webm (940KB, 644x464px) Image search: [Google]
Maggot_carrier.webm
940KB, 644x464px
Is it looking good famulan? I need feedback.
>>
File: dd grave robber no logo.jpg (57KB, 736x650px) Image search: [Google]
dd grave robber no logo.jpg
57KB, 736x650px
>>170936415
The fingers look off somehow. Kind of like he taped sausages to his knuckles. Looks good otherwise.
>>
>>170936839
To be fair everyone's fingers look off in this game
>>
>>170937146
Yes, but most models don't draw attention to it by coloring the fingers and the rest of the hand in complimentary colors. I think it would probably look much better if the fingertips were the same color as the rest of the hand.
>>
File: Maggot_carrier_B.webm (906KB, 582x464px) Image search: [Google]
Maggot_carrier_B.webm
906KB, 582x464px
>>170936839
>>170937609

they used to be of a very dark red and they didn't stand out as much, but the mix of bright green + red + pink make the dude look like a gay pride flag, it was just one to many colors, figured I should paint them with one of the one I was already using while still pointing at the fact that those are more claw and less finger.
>>
File: 1462976487033.jpg (238KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1462976487033.jpg
238KB, 1024x768px
I want to put Martyr's Seal and Book of Rage on someone and keep them at death's door the entire dungeon.

What class should I use, and what would be the best way to keep them alive? I'm guessing Row4Manowar and maybe an Auntie?
>>
File: 1488568233009.png (464KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1488568233009.png
464KB, 557x605px
>>170939787
that looks much better
>>
File: IMG_9286.jpg (125KB, 800x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9286.jpg
125KB, 800x803px
why do people ship the warrior poet with the doctor
>>
MANY FALL IN THE FACE OF CHAOS
>>
File: 20170313160631_1.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170313160631_1.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
>first Veteran dungeon on Stygian
>not satisfied with the loot
>put out my torch from Radiant one from tile before a hall fight that was scouted
>Shambler
what the fuck
>>
Do I seriously need to equip accuracy boosting trinkets on each person for champion dungeons or am I getting RNG fucked? I've missed about half my attacks and I'm getting relatively shredded despite maxed equipment and skills.
>>
>>170940238
>sick man and a doctor
>a romantic poet and a stoic scientist
>both serve for the better good of the people through different ways
>both have a mask
>>
File: 9QkUVeI.png (284KB, 740x587px) Image search: [Google]
9QkUVeI.png
284KB, 740x587px
>>170942723
even disregarding the shipping, Plague Doctor would obviously have an interest in studying Leper's condition
>>
File: abomination comic.jpg (137KB, 650x1180px) Image search: [Google]
abomination comic.jpg
137KB, 650x1180px
>>170917241
Here you can see the abomination, restrained by three of his future selves as he is branded(with his consent of course) with the mark he carries, which is evidently the cause of his bestial form
>>
>>170925334
I would totally love to see randomly generated darkest dungeon missions
>DD1 style missions where you fight mostly cultists and have to kill a boss
>DD2 style missions where you have to activate the doobity booblies or somethin
>DD3 style missions which are exact carbon copies of DD3 but randomly generated, with loot, and the cysts show up on the map if scouted
>>
>>170943434
call it the darkester dungeon
>>
>>170943234
No, the mark is just that, a mark so that any who see him know immediately that he is a monster. Those guys are probably just religious fanatics. They captured him not to turn him into a monster but to mark him and lock up and torture him for being an abomination of nature.
>>
How do I find the barks for each heroes/npc please? I don't know where to find them in the files
>>
>>170939825
Why would you want to do this
>>
>>170944450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA
>>
>>170942447
Jester Battle Ballad and MMA Command are your friends in that case, although I don't have that much of a problem with accuracy in Champion dungeons.
>>
WHY DOES SQUIFFY GHOST HAVE SO MUCH FUCKING HEALTH
I CAN'T PRIORITIZE HIS HEALTH POOL OR I GET SLASHED AND REVENGED
I CAN'T LET HIM LIVE OR I GET OFFKILTERED TWICE
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>170945027
>tfw you always kill him by turn 2
I only get a bit nervous if he brings a bloated corpse with him.
>>
>>170945239
How? I'm currently in a long champion cove with Arbalest, Graverobber, Vestal and Hellion, and despite everyone having max skills, max equipment, AND everyone having +20%-25% damage trinkets, It's taking me fucking forever to kill anything down here. Just spent FOUR rounds of everyone spamming attacks on a fucking octopus before it died. I feel like something is wrong here.
>>
File: 1487594786797.gif (163KB, 190x199px) Image search: [Google]
1487594786797.gif
163KB, 190x199px
>Encounter the Shrieker first time
>40 grand in a nest
>second happening
>lets make a group to murder it this time
>kill it with some poor RNG
>lose lvl 6 grave robber
>dont get gems from nest
>dont get stolen trinkets back

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>170945995
overconfidence fill in the rest
>>
>>170945027
>check wiki
>55 hp
>33 dodge

jesus fuck.

The fucking snibbety crab has 42 hp and barely 33% prot.

What in the fuck.
>>
>>170946151
Squiffy ghost will only stress you out unlike the crab, its meh.
>>
>>170946310
>implying its not worse.
>>
File: Uca_Crusher.png (433KB, 818x965px) Image search: [Google]
Uca_Crusher.png
433KB, 818x965px
>>170946151
>42 hp and barely 33% prot
what are you on about
>>
>>170945903
I run PD - Vestal - GR - MaA 90% of the time and they have no problem killing a Ghast by turn 2.

>blight
>thrown dagger
Usually within killing range by then. Next turn I can blight again for 12 damage before he acts again, Pick for damage, Judgement for damage, and whatever the MaA feels like doing, probably Crush or Rampart if I feel he'll survive.
>>
File: 20170314003823_1.jpg (269KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170314003823_1.jpg
269KB, 1680x1050px
>>170946409
Dunno i met two last time in a long dungeon and well....i had only one two crazies n in the last room out of ...13-14 fights i think?
>>
File: uca crusher.png (60KB, 322x722px) Image search: [Google]
uca crusher.png
60KB, 322x722px
>>170946538
oops wrong image
>>
Could someone tell me where I can consult the hero barks in the files, please?
>>
>>170946409
You're usually able to kill him before he does his big party-stress attack if you brought a half-decent party in. Even if he gets it off you can still stall forever with shield fish and snibity snabs to stress heal back to 0, it's just tedious to do.
>>
>>170946694
The hell, list of all cove enemies shows the uca crusher at 42 hp 33% prot like I said, but clicking on it shows what you're showing me.

I got bamboozled.
>>
File: ha HAAA.png (129KB, 442x562px) Image search: [Google]
ha HAAA.png
129KB, 442x562px
>>170947071
lol tricked
>>
>>170947071
What you are seeing is the hp for the crab_A, the version for the enemies that appear in lvl1 and 2 dungeons, as he has doesn't appear until lvl 3 dungeons its never used ingame (just like ghoul_A and the other biggies)
>>
File: Fishman_Crabby.png (101KB, 1231x635px) Image search: [Google]
Fishman_Crabby.png
101KB, 1231x635px
>>170947409
whoops, forgot the link
>>
>>170947578
Do you know where I can consult the hero barks, please? I'm getting desperate
>>
>>170947689
You mean read the banter?
>>
>>170947689
Localization > dialogue.string_table
If you change anything click on the autorun on the localization folder to update the libraries or it will show up as code teal text in game
>>
(reposting from /v/ thread)
I've had a hero idea tumbling around in my head for a little while.

It would be some kind of Witch or humanoid creature that's able to take in other party members stress. My current idea is that the hero eats memory so here's how I imagine a few abilities would go.

>(Consume Memory) Heal party member stress, small heal self, debuff/stun target
>(Regurgitate) Heal own stress, damage self, damage and debuff target enemy
And whatever other stuff to fill it out.
>>
File: woof.png (112KB, 493x445px) Image search: [Google]
woof.png
112KB, 493x445px
>>170947689
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DarkestDungeon\heroes\houndmaster
be warned her bark is worse than her bite
>>
>>170948050
Thank you a thousand times, my friend.
>>
File: jester.jpg (667KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jester.jpg
667KB, 1920x1080px
>>170948082
why would we need something like this when Jester can already heal off stress without hurting himself
>>
>>170948262
jester is so 2016, what about the new leaked incoming scorpiovaeden class, the songstress?
>>
File: 1485762553036.png (191KB, 630x776px) Image search: [Google]
1485762553036.png
191KB, 630x776px
>>170949108
DON'T YOU START AGAIN WITH THIS SHIT I SWEAR TO GOD
>>
Lost my first level 6 today. Hellion vs champ Hag. She got potted, spat out on DD then deathblowed before I could get a heal on her.

All you had to do was survive one hit!

I'm sorry I failed you
>>
>>170949302
>>
File: SongstressZULUL.png (38KB, 442x629px) Image search: [Google]
SongstressZULUL.png
38KB, 442x629px
>>170949302
you where saying?
>>
File: 1487273640430.png (49KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1487273640430.png
49KB, 500x370px
>>170949363
Do not ruminate on this fleeting failure - the campaign is long, and victory will come.
>>
>>170949440
Story behind this webm?
>>
File: drunk homosexual.jpg (30KB, 638x356px) Image search: [Google]
drunk homosexual.jpg
30KB, 638x356px
Hey
I heard there was an update that reduced grinding
how is it? I didn't mind the grind, I'm just curious since I stopped playing a while ago.
>>
>>170949582
drugs
>>
File: 1481178079976.png (228KB, 336x395px) Image search: [Google]
1481178079976.png
228KB, 336x395px
>>170949582
Drugged to oblivion?
>>
File: 1489257777589.png (92KB, 733x852px) Image search: [Google]
1489257777589.png
92KB, 733x852px
>>170949451
I feel like these two would really get along great
>>
>>170949481
Pour one out for the fallen
>>
File: BoneZone.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BoneZone.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
>>170949451
>That airbrush coloring
>That terrible line art
Why can't no one go over there and tell this guy he sucks? And what sucks even more is his past stuff wasn't as terrible as his new stuff. They were still bad but none of the eyesores we see here. Is AJ the only worthwhile custom enemy/class modder out there? I mean yeah most of his stuff are often just kittbashes of existing assets but he has good coloring taste and makes do with what he have. Also that Necromancer looks pretty good desu
>>
File: Oracle_Hero.png (1MB, 2140x766px) Image search: [Google]
Oracle_Hero.png
1MB, 2140x766px
>>170948082
got you covered m8, a million steps ahead, a shame is never gonna be finished

>>170950340
M-m..my work is pretty good to desu desu desu...
>>
File: corben.jpg (347KB, 1073x1650px) Image search: [Google]
corben.jpg
347KB, 1073x1650px
>that feel when people will never put Richard Corben inspired art in the game
Its great with Mignolas stuff actually, he drew some Hellboys.
>>
>>170951361
H-hold up, there's a comic based on The Music of Erich Zann?

Shieeet mang, that was one of my favourite Lovecraft shorts.
>>
>>170884987
>I just made
great joke my man, I distinctly remember the maggot carrier coming with the combat overhaul mod that came out like 2 years ago
>>
>>170951831
Corben drew whole collection of Lovecraftian shorts and is drawing some Hellboy lately too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellboy:_The_Crooked_Man_and_Others

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/11/exclusive-dark-horse-preview-richard-corben-casts.html
>>
>>170952208
Noice
>>
How do you make use of a Vestal?

She's naturally slow as fuck making her open for every crit and stress spell. Low speed and 0 dodge.

Doesnt help her heal is below average.
>>
File: feather_crystal.png (37KB, 72x144px) Image search: [Google]
feather_crystal.png
37KB, 72x144px
>>170952787
>>
>>170952787
>Her heal is below average
>Unarguably the best healer in the game with a powerful single heal or a semi-powerful all party heal, which can be buffed to doing +63% with trinkets
Oh no! It's retarded!
>>
>>170952787
Buff her healing with trinkets and use her as a secondary stunner. Unlike Occultist she is consistent with them.
Thats about it.
>>
>>170952787
Two healing trinkets + Divine Comfort Spam.
>>
File: sBKQeLG.gif (3MB, 1097x498px) Image search: [Google]
sBKQeLG.gif
3MB, 1097x498px
The spirits are restless, I fear the pack they struck goes beyond the limits of mortality....
>>
>>170952939
Look m8 I'm starting out here so it's kinda hard to make use of her when she's last to take a turn and heals 5 when Occultists can heal 16.
>>
>>170953451
Sooner or later Occultist will heal for 0 for 3 turns in a row and you will be foaming at your mouth.
>>
>>170953451
I mean, would you prefer she had really high speed and acted before your party had taken any dmg? You know that what went trough the developers minds, dont cha'?
>>
>>170948262
Because I want there to be more than one class that can heal party stress from the frontlines.

>>170950747
Looks cool, why is it never going to be finished?
>>
>>170953601
Nobody ever is skipped if their speed is low enough right? Sometimes it felt like a vestal missed multiple turns before she could make a move.
>>
File: crusader.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crusader.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
>>170953764
>I want more than one class that can heal party stress from the frontlines
>>
>>170953925
You can put them in minuses if you want it too, its basically initiative and not speed in tabletop terms.
>>
>>170953925
Next to the HP bar there's a symbol that shows whether or not a hero has taken their turn yet.
>>
File: DD Paranoid.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
DD Paranoid.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>170953931
Jesters and houndmasters can't heal party stress from the frontline.
>>
So did you guys finish the game on Stygian yet?
How difficult is it
>>
File: World End.png (393KB, 670x484px) Image search: [Google]
World End.png
393KB, 670x484px
>>170954745
You need to bring a few extra torches, but otherwise it feels about the same until you get to champion dungeons. Still pretty easy if you know what you're doing, though.
>>
>>170955112
Yea i noticed curve really evened out after i had rocky start from apprentice to veteran.
So what kind of compositions do you use?

Groups based around marking and.../buff/debuff ones and one based on movement?

Anything else?
>>
>>170954745
I still haven't beat it on normal
>>
>>170953421
Now this I like.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (25KB, 919x175px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
25KB, 919x175px
>>170955413
At least you arent that guy who gives up after the tutorial.
>>
>>170953931
Yes? Preferably one I can pair with an Abomination as well.
>>
>>170956084
Best thing for another stress healer would be to heal mutiple stress targets for a smaller amount.
>>
File: 1488679448709.jpg (28KB, 441x301px) Image search: [Google]
1488679448709.jpg
28KB, 441x301px
>>170939825
Make it a Highwayman and guard him with a MAA or Dogman.

Ideally he would have Unyielding and DoT resistance quirks as well.
>>
GREAT IS THE MEME THAT KEKS ON ITS OWN
>>
File: haha pol party names.png (575KB, 636x1574px) Image search: [Google]
haha pol party names.png
575KB, 636x1574px
>>170955387
I only trained the 16 heroes I wanted that are necessary to beat the game. Four of those heroes were Vestals so I could send one on every darkest dungeon mission. For regular quests I didn't really care about party composition, so I just sent out whoever needed XP the most.
>>
Just had my most fortunate boss run yet.

>Occultist, Highwayman, Jester, Crusader
>fighting veteran lvl Necromancer
>running dungeon
>bless one god shrine for 30% damage buff on Crusader
>he finds two more and raises the buff to 70%
>don't camp so the buff stays
>use highways riposte to bring crusader to pos three and lance the Necromancer
>57 damage in one lance hit
>kill him and camp for stress reduction

Kinda worried how I'll kill the Necromancer Lord. His auto stress attacks are brutal and almost made my 0 stress team reach 100
>>
>>170958712
You should focus on disabling him more so that he doesn't get time to summon. If you know how to fight Necro then he's hands down one of the easiest encounters in the whole game.
>>
I wish this guy made more mods.

http://www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/41/
>>
do you guys prefer the deck stage coach thing or the "standard" stagecoach setting?

If I understand this correctly, with the deck thing on, the classes that show up are less random and more spread out over time, right?
>>
>>170961102
T-t...thanks sempai, just yesterday I started updating the code since they changed some wording in the buffs / quirks library and monter AIs txt.

I'm working hard; tomorrow i'm going on a trip and comming back in a week, hope they realease mod support by then.

If you want somerhing in particular just tell me, I'll slave away for you.
>>
>>170962959
Your mods are neat and the art is good.

Make sure to replace the dogs in the Vvulf invasion. It's weird that they're skeletal.
>>
>>170962959
It would be neat if you made a "swine surgeon" mini boss that could summon swine hookguys and craft corpses into new and exciting forms. Also, more collector heads are always neat. I have an idea for more head related puns.
>>
>>
>>170933168
Good luck with that at times. Suddenly a bunch of enemies crit the same person in a row and they have blight on them. Have fun.
>>
>Wipe Swine God with Wilbur on 1hp
rng pls
>>
>>170966803
That's real cute.
>>
DD on switch when Redhook?
>>
File: 1486860546673.jpg (220KB, 1120x1784px) Image search: [Google]
1486860546673.jpg
220KB, 1120x1784px
>>170968048
That's why you get this wonderful thing called speed so you can deal with some of the enemies before they get the chance to move. Or if you're not even talking about the first turn I'm not sure why you'd let yourself get into a situation like that. I'll always say 90% of the time if a hero dies it's your own fault.
>>
>>170968610
Doesn't always work because it rolls for initiative so you can always get an unlucky roll there.
>>
>>170969765
>During each turn, each unit is assigned a random number ranging from 1 to 8, to which its SPD value is added
Considering the odds it's very unlikely their entire side will move before you since usually they have a few slow fat fucks on their side who would not only need high rolls, but also need YOU to get low rolls in fact stuff like the Swinetaur wouldn't be able to outspeed some ridiculously fast heroes like mildly speed-boosted Grave Robber at all even with max roll. It's the equivalent to saying I could get unlucky and get struck by lightning when I walk outside so I should wear protective gear for it.
>>
>>170952787
I used to think the same before buffing her up with a bunch of heal boosting items, now she's my primary healer with the Occulist becoming dedicated to debuffing and yanking the enemy's chain around
>>
File: 20170313230439_1.jpg (221KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170313230439_1.jpg
221KB, 1280x720px
These are the only level 5 guys I have, wish me luck.

>>170862570
>>170864435

>not wanting to get drunk with hellion

>>170881972

>rust monster expy that inflicts damage and defense debuffs that last until the end of the dungeon

>>170918423

His barks say that alchemy caused his demon thing, and other barks imply he was a scientist.

>>170931280

>shortstack class
I don't think my dick could handle it.
>>
Looks like the GDC community talk that John did this year go released. Pretty good watch, a few good thoughts here and there and some stuff I personally hadn't noticed since I never really posted on the forums during EA.

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024247/Circle-in-the-Dark-The
>>
File: 20170314000045_1.jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170314000045_1.jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
>it's a "everybody fails their first deathdoor check" episode
>>
Is there something wrong with my game?
>No hwm, arbelist, crusdader has ever spawned, and I'm past week 50
>Gunslinger not in the game
>>
File: 1337491323650.jpg (6KB, 233x103px) Image search: [Google]
1337491323650.jpg
6KB, 233x103px
>>170976947
>all those slides with memes and shit that we created over the years
>>
File: We are survivors.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
We are survivors.png
1MB, 1600x900px
> it's a "everybody gets virtues" episode
> it's a snibbety snap nearly bleeds your Occultist to death.
>>
>>170977647

Might be a problem with "deck based stagecoach" try going to the options and disabling it.

>gunslinger

You mean musketeer? You need to mod her in, the link to it should be in the OP.
>>
>>170977647
>>170980179
The just released a patch that should have fixed it.
>>
>>170950747
oh neat, I never see that reposted ever so I wasn't sure if it was even real. Are you still continuing this? Please say you are.
>>
>>170976947
Thanks anon, I've been looking for this.
>>
>healing coral doesn't remove diseases anymore
That's one medicinal herb wasted. ;_;
>>
>>170983362
When did it ever do that? I've never seen it remove anything but quirks.
>>
>>170983553
This.
>>
>>170979954
They really increased the drop rate of the journal pages by a shit ton. I remember playing this game right after it released and only getting a single page after my first 40 weeks.
>>
>>170980886
I have some bad news for you anon...
The red hook modding forum account of the dude who uploaded the files has been
Inactive for a million years, for what Im able to piece togheder the dude knew only how to make artwork and paired himself with another dude who knew only how to do the programming side of things, google for "darkest dungeon proyect herbert west" to check the post.

Tldr: Rip
>>
>>170984434
I didn't even know they existed until week 200+.
>>
>>170986931
Fucking Christ that's some ungodly terrible RNG.
>>
do we have a more accurate eta than 'early 2017'?
>>
>>170989460

For Crimson Court? It's supposed to come out in April.
>>
>>170989564
fuck

there is a national holiday tomorrow in my country and im taking the rest of the week off but both darkest dungeon and dark souls dlcs are coming out later this month or well in dds case in april then

dunno what to play then
rip
>>
>>170984548
we're talking about the Gypsy Occultist reskin right?
>>
File: 1487598347316.gif (2MB, 293x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487598347316.gif
2MB, 293x240px
>>170989617
Let me name some slightly rares things for you then
>Age of Decadence
>Mordheim
>first Star Wolves

Also this if you can dig old stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axqRgDkWXA0
>>
>>170980179
>Might be a problem with "deck based stagecoach" try going to the options and disabling it.
what the fuck I didn't know of this.
why is this shit enabled by default ? since like week 5 I only had like always the same 5 classes
>>
File: 20170110211619_1.jpg (249KB, 1340x688px) Image search: [Google]
20170110211619_1.jpg
249KB, 1340x688px
>>170989617
>>170991886

If you're into those top-down perspective RPGs, I had a lot of fun with Underrail and Expeditions Conquistador.
>>
>>170992305
Conquistadors is good?
Underrail is okay but its really poor game to do early rerolling. You literally have to heavily invest into builds before they pay off.
>>
File: 20170111050637_1.jpg (232KB, 1340x688px) Image search: [Google]
20170111050637_1.jpg
232KB, 1340x688px
>>170992371

I think so. There is flexibility in how to fight in combat with various classes and items you can use in battle, as well as various options for how to handle situations outside of battle as well. I'm kind of glad it came out a while ago, I think maybe a game where you can play a white guy mowing down a bunch of brown people might have caused more butthurt if it came out today. For the record, I think it handles the setting pretty well. Even though you can be Mr Nice Guy, you can have plenty of encouragement to be a jerk depending on what your team is like.
>>
>>170895340
some moves, like the jesters's finale, the HWM's point blank shot and the GR's lunge are very strong and you want to build your party in such a way that they can use the ability immediately every fight and then move to another position were they spend the rest of the battle. that means putting the jester and HWM to position one, for example. it is not the ideal position for those heroes, but it doesn't matter since they only spend a single turn there anyway. then, after every battle you reset the party order again so you can do the same thing the next turn. that is one way to get the most out of those attacks.

other attacks like holy lance or slam are only insurance for shuffles though. They are not worth building your party around that.
>>
>>170991938
Can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure the point of the deck — as imperfect and janky as it is — is to lean more towards healers appearing in the coach so you'll never be without one no matter how many die consecutively in your roster.

It's on by default because it's more inconvenient to have too few healers than too many, by their judgement.
>>
>>170993324
You can put GR in fourth place for two lunges and any party will greatly benefit from HWM with point blank and duelists advance.
>>
>>170993324
>other attacks like holy lance or slam are only insurance for shuffles though. They are not worth building your party around that.
yeah, why would I ever want to double crit the backrow with my crusader
>>
>>170993581
I don't understand the point of your post. I mentioned most of those things.

>>170994134
the crit chance is only slightly higher than on smite. And it can't hit rank 2 anymore, so if there is no rank 4 enemy you can be stuck without target because the crusader is super slow. And if there is a high priority enemy like a thrall in rank 1 or 2, that is pretty bad as well. I really don't think that it's worth it.
>>
>>170983362
Nigga, just bring a GR with snuffbox or PD with leeches, trinkets that cure diseases would be absolutely useless.
>>
>>170994873
>Holy Lance: 14% Natural Crit chance at level 5
>Smite: 9% Natural Crit chance at level 5
what? also Holy Lance hits position 3 and 4, which is pretty unlikely that you'll only have 2 enemies to be fighting. either way that's why you run Inspiring Cry to get rid of anyone's stress. and if there's really only 2 enemies in the front you're fighting I think you're fine with one character just stress healing unless your heroes in the front are really THAT weak.
>>
File: 1368236510233.jpg (21KB, 273x262px) Image search: [Google]
1368236510233.jpg
21KB, 273x262px
Does the achievement for bringing dismas and reynauld to the end trigger when you start the quest, or do you need to finish it with both of them? The way the achievement is worded seems like you only need to bring them.
>>
>>170958594
>bringing Reynauld and Dismas on the final quest and letting one of them die

Poor form.
>>
>>170881972
>you can somehow recruit monsters to your party
>you can have a 2-tile character in your party, maybe a monster or maybe just a huge swole dude like the big brigand man
>a trinket that gives your guy a massive amount less stress taken but a proportional amount more hp damage taken and vice versa
>a trinket that gives you 1 max hp but a fuckton of dodge, damage and deathblow resist
>a quirk and trinkets that relate to trap disarm chance
>quirks that make your heroes able to apply random statuses "Hero attacks can bleed" or something like that
>quirks that make your heroes able to randomly be statused by any attack "Hero is likely to bleed"
>>
File: BAIT.png (121KB, 553x585px) Image search: [Google]
BAIT.png
121KB, 553x585px
>>170999452
>>a quirk and trinkets that relate to trap disarm chance

there are several trinkets that increase trap disarm chance.
>>
I should start naming my characters unfunny things.
>>
File: rare plum pepe.gif (1021KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
rare plum pepe.gif
1021KB, 600x726px
>>170881972
Bosses now have a deathblow state
>>
>>170999925
Oh, whoops. Didn't realize.
>>171000173
>enemy that works like a player where it has a stress bar and deathblow resist
>>
>>171000469
>Rival party of adventurers dealing with the same shit you are.
>>
>>170997852
You only need to enter DD4 with the boys, they don't need to survive or succeed
>>
>>170881972
>ability to hire mercenaries for gold (fusilier/cutthroat) only after vvulf has died to fill in a party slot
>can fit them with trinkets
>amount of provisions slightly reduced to compensate
>only appear on certain weeks, not all the time to prevent cheese
just in case you don't have to bring dismas and lose him to smackdown shenanigans desu
>>
>>171000758
>rival party of adventurers from a rival hamlet of a rival heir of a rival ancestor who resurfaced a rival old god
>you gotta go fuck their shit up so they stop coming after your shit
>>
>>171001031
"Give me back my deeds you fuck"
>>
>>171000969
>mercenaries are strong but are used to fighting people so they're actually pussies to the mental stresses of diving into cthulhu bullshit
>and they straight up refuse to go to the darkest dungeon, maybe to champ bosses
would be a cool tradeoff
>>
>>171001124
>you have to stop their rival ancestor by going into their rival darkest dungeon and slaying their rival heart of darkness
that's tellin em
>>
>>171000969
>>171001129
>and you can hire cultists that are the other way around, pretty weak in combat but almost unbreakable in terms of stress
>>
>>170927436
The Crusader is one of the best heroes, keep your shit opinions to yourself.
>>
>>170931280
only if it's Aria and she's permanently on death's door
>>
Post some of the things you’d love to see added to the game via dlc or patch

>a Size 2 hero, like a mounted spearman, for exemple
>enemy groups focusing enterely on party shuffle mecanics (either by shuffling themselves or your heroes)
>usable items that can be used to affect the enemies (exemple: bombs, debuffing stones, poison grenades that are usable by everyone)
>>
>>171002220
>abomination and occultist have ensured we never see a proper eyeball-covered monstrosity character
reeee
>>
I'm glad you fags have zero input on the game because your ideas are offensive garbage
>>
>>171002716
give a better idea if you're so great
>>
It's week 36 in Stygian and while I've completed the Guild and almost completed the Blacksmith, most of my guys don't have their 3s and 4s let alone their 5s

I'm really getting worried about having enough gold to upgrade.

I just need some fucking secret rooms. I take the Map and Seer Stone everywhere and have been crit scouting but no secret rooms in like 6 runs.
>>
just beat DD4 for the first time.
what to do now
>>
File: Shaun.jpg (156KB, 736x641px) Image search: [Google]
Shaun.jpg
156KB, 736x641px
>>171000758
>>171001031
>>
File: 20170314091552_1.jpg (198KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170314091552_1.jpg
198KB, 1366x768px
Well, I finally pulled through and did it.

If I had any emotions left at this point, i'd probably cry. Rest in peace.

What a nice moment. If I hadn't already been SPOILED by this general, I feel like the sudden shock and realization of what i'd have to do would be much more memorable, but still, it was very nice. I wish more games had as satisfying of a finale and endgame as this one. The ancestor fight was awesome, too, having to actually fight him, after all this time.
>>
I want to kill people to get the requirements to revive Reynauld and Dismas but I want it to look pretty and have one of each headstone aside from the Final Boss and Darkest Dungeon ones

who do I kill for each headstone and how?
>>
>>171006743
kill people with occultist bleeds and goblet trauma
>>
what setup would you guys suggest for beguiling siren?

there was this dude the other day telling me about a group but i forgot about it
>>
>>171007323
Pick things that can attack from all positions and occultist for healing since he has eldrich bonuses.
>>
>>171003564
Stygian your shit up
>>
>>171008370
i went with occultist, graverobber, bh and leper

leper was prob a stupid idea
>>
>>171008773
Sounds fine but i would rather have a crusader or man at arms over leper.
>>
>>171008849
i was worried that i might prot buff with man at arms
>>
>>171001349
There is an entire eldrich paralel version where their ancestor fucked up and summoned the hearth of darkness to our realm and now they have to break the bindings to take it back before we kill it
>most of the shit our ancestor did was made possible by their ancestor also fucking around on their end
>other than halting our progress they have to deal with regular shit invading deir domains like random panicked townfolk ruining rituals (swine equivalents), summoned crusader armies (for experiemnting on) offering organized resistance (skeleton equivalents), bandits being bandits, and regular fauna causing allergies and shit (weald), a circus group calming everyone to death (cove)...

Fuck vampires, i want to murder clowns with unspeakable abominations before they cheer them up enough to reject their "gifts".
>>
>>171008930
If she doesnt take man at arms he can riposte everything she dishes out in kind.
>>
>>171008930
You can dictate who she tries to seduce with Holy Water, as she's programmed to seduce the character with the lowest Debuff Resistance. So you could give him the buff and she'll never go after him.

My MaA has a Debuff Amulet because I always use Bellow and she never tries to seduce him.
>>
>>171009230
>>171009053
well im already mid dungeon so i cant change

i hope it will work out

i have cove quest at least
>>
So /dadg/, who are you going to give the Crimson Curse to?
I'm going to give it to my Musketeer so she becomes even more like Lady Maria!
>>
File: Capture.jpg (124KB, 522x756px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
124KB, 522x756px
>>171009420
You will be fine dont be a babby.
Here have a picture from one of my Campaign books.
>>
File: 20170314181649_1.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170314181649_1.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
nice i killed her!

now the crew...that will be harder
>>
>>171009762
Vampire Grave Robber sounds hot.
>>
File: 1456100192964.png (225KB, 1305x908px) Image search: [Google]
1456100192964.png
225KB, 1305x908px
>>171009762
>""""""""""""Lady"""""""""""" Maria
>>
holy shit can that fucking shrieker fuck off already

lost my fucking man at arms
>>
File: 1487333276569.png (62KB, 1111x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1487333276569.png
62KB, 1111x1111px
>>171011273
>>
can i just walk back and forth in a pitch dark dungeon to maybe get summoned by shambler?
>>
>abandoned first playthrough and decided to start from the beginning, didn't go into the darkest dungeon
>tfw lost more heroes to Brigand 16
Pounder than during all floors of darkest dungeon during second playthrough
>if you exclude HOD deaths I lost 0 people in DD itself in blind run
this fucking matchman and his dodges
>>
File: 1488759501539.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488759501539.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>>171011273
Basically what I do is, if you're just trying to survive and don't want to kill the nest, load up your party with the tankiest heroes you have available, with a vestal at the back with healing trinkets.

Guard her with a MAA, or just leave her be if you don't have one, and give her, and everyone else trinkets that buff their base hp, like the life crystal. Buy bandages, and just spam the vestal's area heal every turn. Never came close to losing someone this way.
>>
>>171008618
what's the difference between stygian and NG+?
>>
>>171014972
NG+ no longer exists. It's just Stygian now, and Stygian is harder than NG+ was.
>>
I refuse to believe that enemy crit chance doesn't go up in Stygian
>>
>>171015879
Who told you it doesn't?
>>
File: ben.png (225KB, 889x615px) Image search: [Google]
ben.png
225KB, 889x615px
>>171016818
>>
File: Darkest Dungeon Heroes.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest Dungeon Heroes.png
1MB, 1366x768px
I wouldn't mind someone doing a less amateurish version of something like this.
>>
File: 1455218191640.jpg (336KB, 1360x767px) Image search: [Google]
1455218191640.jpg
336KB, 1360x767px
>>
do you generally cure Rabies or do you keep it and try to counterbalance the -10 ACC?

2 of my guys have it and I got free Sanitarium this week, so I could cure them both.
>>
File: 1453515087013.png (34KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
1453515087013.png
34KB, 493x276px
>literally used grave robber like maybe twice in my 111 hours
>try her out again and start using lunge
>>
>>171022813
IKTF, only with Finale into stress heal/BB Jester
>>
>>171022727
I usually keep it. Even the Disease page on the Wiki immediately points out how beneficial it can be.
>>
>>171022727
it gets a lot worse at higher level dungeons since everything has dodge out the ass. i would never keep it on a leper, maybe on an arbalest or GR.
>>
What Quirks are generally worth locking in?
From what I've gathered, the following are:

>Warrior of Light, Early Riser, Photomania(?) (supposing I'm not doing dark runs)
>On Guard
>Quickdraw
>Quick Reflexes
>Slugger/Unerring on melee/ranged
>Eldritch Slayer/Hater (because of DD missions, I presume?)

What about stuff like Evasive, Deadly, Tough etc.?
>>
File: tickling blow.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
tickling blow.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>171024115
the accuracy quirks are good as well. defensive quirks like evasive and hard skinned are great on healers and support (vestal). evasive is otherwise only good on people that have already high dodge, like HWM, GR or dog. i sometimes keep prot on MAA for the lultz. deadly is not good enough, precise striker and co are better since they offer a higher crit buff.
>>
>>171003670
I like this reference
>>
File: 1482439374275.webm (863KB, 240x426px) Image search: [Google]
1482439374275.webm
863KB, 240x426px
>>171022813
>still haven't used her because fuck shuffling
>haven't used abom either because fuck stress
>barely use leper, crusader, highwayman. if i do, its mostly for noveltys sake

i consider fucking antiquarian more useful than the guys above because she at least something unique to the table which is not outclassed by others.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>171024825
>still haven't used her because fuck shuffling
Then don't use her for shuffling. She does just fine staying in ranks 2 or 3 and throwing daggers/darts.
>>
>>171025175
>Tfw 150 acc misses

GOD

FUCKING

DAMN IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT.

But when she lands those 30/33 dmg flashing daggers umf.
>>
>>171025259
Hit chance caps at 90% regardless of the displayed number. But yeah, Flashing Dagger crits are amazing.
>>
>>171025617
even the "hero chance to hit" tooltip displays the actual number.
>>
>>171024115

- Instalock Tier-
On Guard
Corvid's Grace
Corvid's Eye
Eldritch Hater

- Great Tier-
Quickdraw
Quick Reflexes
Early Riser
Eldritch Slayer

- Good Tier-
Photomania
Steady
Tough
Hard Skinned
Natural Swing and Natural Eye

As a general rule for quirks you want:

Speed. It is an extremely important stat, probably the most important. Barely any trinkets actually provide it, and many of them penalise it. For many heroes quirks are their only source of increased Speed outside of buffs, so they stand out as super strong picks to lock.

Accuracy. Damage is overrated since it's something you get from loads of trinkets. Accuracy is much less common so getting it in Quirks is very useful, and when regarding DPS as a concept in general, you need your attacks to hit as often as possible.

Late Game stuff. Stuff that's useful early on like Weapon Tinker is pointless to lock, the point of locking quirks is that you are building a strong hero to use at the end of the game. This is why the anti-Eldritch quirks are super good because Eldritch is all over the Darkest Dungeon and is common enough outside of it that it's not too situational.

Quirks like Corvid's Grace are still good because you get two very useful above-average buffs for the economy of one quirk slot.

There are other fringe cases where a quirk is worth locking - Bounty Hunter with Man Slayer, Houndmaster with Beast Slayer, Arbalest with +20% healing skills, and so on.

Steady is a great skill in general but is far more valuable on Abomination, and +Speed is great but actually not that worth locking on a Bounty Hunter since you want him to move after Marks have been applied, etc. etc.
>>
I just received my first Wolves at the Door event, what should I expect? I have plenty of maxed heroes.

I fucked up my last encounter by not asking, I assumed the crow was an actual dungeon with a boss at the end and brought a bunch of torches and shit, and my team comp was fucking awful for the fight.

I'm trying not to spoil myself too much, but it feels like the game punishes far too hard for playing blind. I brought two Lepers to my first hag fight, guess how that went.

I don't want to wiki this, but I also don't want to be raped to death.
>>
>>171024803
I'm glad you like it.
>>
>>171033769
Don't send your A-team
>>
>>171033769
Bring a MAA with maxed Defender, you'll find out why. Not knowing this will fuck you up greatly.
BH is nice, since most the enemies are obviously human.
>>
>>171027547
assuming one character had quickdraw and quick reflexes and I have a free sanitarium, which one would you lock?
>>
File: 1418675331370.png (46KB, 330x750px) Image search: [Google]
1418675331370.png
46KB, 330x750px
>fought the heart
>uses THAT move
>>
File: s83HOKu.jpg (50KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
s83HOKu.jpg
50KB, 604x604px
So I beat the lvl 1 Hag but had to retreat against the veteran one.

Which is a better tactic?

1. Use Prot debuff and focus all attacks on the pot so its gone then kill Hag

2. Use stunners on Hag after freeing someone so I can get one free turn to attack before she tosses someone new in the pot
>>
>>171040038
The second one. You can't debuff the pot. It's also worth just getting a really solid team together and having three of them deal damage while someone burns in the pot.
>>
>>171040038
Neither. Let her put someone into the pot and focus her down.
>>
File: 1489175473633.webm (824KB, 654x465px) Image search: [Google]
1489175473633.webm
824KB, 654x465px
Soon
>>
>>171040038
Ignore the pot and just attack the hag.
>>
Is it just me or does Radiant mode really fuck up the relation between hero levels and town upgrades?
I'm in week 27 or something now, got a bunch of lvl 5 and 6 herores, but my Guild and Blacksmith are only up to lvl3 upgrades except weapons which is at 4.

Problem is that I got a shitload of Champ missions which I'm afraid to do because my heroes arent upgraded far enough.
>>
File: 1484265078311.jpg (1MB, 3063x2139px) Image search: [Google]
1484265078311.jpg
1MB, 3063x2139px
>>171017732
I love it when I cast is so big that I can't fit all of them in my mind's eye at once.

And they're all distinct mechanically and aesthetically. Good shit.
>>
>>171033769
you'll fight high level brigands and hounds. Bring bandages. The vestal is good for divine gracing it
The boss battle has a predictible attack that does a lot of damage (a lot like the prophet or swine king) so you are going to want to either have an occultist use weakening curse or a man at arms defend against it

You will also need shovels.
>>
>>171042254
Needs musketeer added to the picture
>>
>>171043184
It wouldn't apply for the majority of people, so I can understand why they didn't include her.
>>
>send rookies to grab some cash in the cove
>absolutely zero money invested
>realize I picked the boss mission
>decide to retreat if things go ugly
>they beat it
now I feel bad firing them
>>
>>171036891

If it was a utility hero with stuns or debuffs, Quickdraw

If it's just a standard damage dealer, Quick Reflexes
>>
beast slayer / hater is equally good as eldritch quirks for DD because most of the enemies are beast / eldritch.

When you are short on time like in Stygian, you should lock beast slayer / hater or if you have it.

DD4 team can have human slayer / hater.
>>
>>171002881
I didn't even bother with shambler (killed it like 2 times) so I had no map at all and I finished Stygian with 70 weeks / 0 deaths except plot ones. After you finish blacksmith / guild upgrades and maybe stage coach (I had it fully upgraded) you should stop taking any busts and other shit and focus only on gold. Sell shitty trinkets as well.
Also I had a single antiq level 6 who helped with the gold.
Finished DD1 with level 5 heroes without any virtue abuse and the only death door was at the end of the boss when my vestal got crit fingered after having like 1/2 hp but survived.
>>
File: 18941568485.png (1MB, 1369x747px) Image search: [Google]
18941568485.png
1MB, 1369x747px
just when I thought he couldn't get any better he kills the Shambler AND gets Slugger, is this the god Bounty Hunter?
>>
>>171050861
Human slayer / hater are also good for DD1 since half the enemies there are human cultists.
>>
Is there anyway to unlock a positive quirk?

Say if I accidentally let one reinforced from curio interaction.
>>
File: How distressing.png (231KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
How distressing.png
231KB, 720x304px
Hey /dadg/, I'm about to fight the drowned crew for the first time. What kind of comp should I bring, what should I be worried about?
Has to be now while I have this sweet Gentle Tide event
>>
File: YrRmELw.png (414KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
YrRmELw.png
414KB, 800x500px
>tfw you let an innocent puppy die in a dungeon
>>
>>171053892
Without giving away too much, you're going to want to make sure every character has an ability they can use from rank 1.
>>
>>171053892
Leper, Jester, Hellion, or Highwayman up front. They can reliably one shot the Anchor Guy once his Prot drops. I'd argue the Leper is the least reliable of the 4 since he can't move himself forward with an attack. After that just get PD, Crusader/Occultist (The plan here is obviously to use Holy Lance if you have a Crusader), and some other class (You could bring 2 of the four)
>>
File: In all my dreams I drown.jpg (260KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
In all my dreams I drown.jpg
260KB, 1680x1050px
>>171054701
>>171054705
Handled with the greatest of ease, thanks for the tips.

Sad my Jester's Finale was just short of a killing blow, but the secret room haul and zero stress boss kill soothe that wound
>>
What are some good quirks to lock in for certain classes?

I really want to lock in Photomania and Warrior of Light for Crusader.
>>
>>171058591
anti eldritch stuff is good if you're planning on using them for the darkest dungeon

You're mostly going to want direct combat buffs. Stuff like slugger, or eagle eye, or tough.
>>
>>171058747
Alrighty; thanks.
>>
I just got the event "Shrieker's Prize"

Do I have to fight the Shrieker now if I want the trinket or will the quest stay available until I do it?
>>
>>171048280
it was a houndmaster with both and unerring on top.
ended up paying for the second one to lock it in too.
>>
>>171060063
You have to do it now.

It's recurring though, so you might get it again later.

If you do it, buy all the bandages and herbs; ignore everything else. You fight the Shrieker immediately. Focus down the nest, or just survive long enough and you'll win. Stunning the Shrieker will prevent it from fleeing, so be careful.
>>
>>171058591
look here >>171027547
>>
>>171060376
Ok, I'm not sure if my guys are ready for it.

I think I might go in with two guys with defender and two vestals.
>>
>>171060660
The SHrieker and the Nest both occupy two spaces and the nest is often shuffled to the back. Be prepared.
>>
The more I play, the more I appreciate full damage teams with a mix of stuns and self heals. No need for a fragile dedicated healer when everyone can patch themselves up and limit damage so easily.

Shame the Arb never seems to hit as hard as she should. Bandage is great, but her reputation as a backline assassin is sadly over exaggerated.

Houndmaster has surprisingly become my favorite class.
>>
>>171061180
The enemy can't hurt us if we burn them down before they hurt us.
>>
>>171061180
>eliminate all but their front ranks so that they can only attack your rank 1 and 2
>spam guard dog on other frontline
>never get hit
>EVER
>stress heal and hp heal without stress penalty because two enemies alive

damn it feels good to be a houndmaster
>>
>>171061180
arbalest doesn't really pick up until later levels when her crit chance goes up
>>
File: Virtuous.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Virtuous.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>171065910
Wisdom
>>
File: 1456534231719.jpg (187KB, 480x713px) Image search: [Google]
1456534231719.jpg
187KB, 480x713px
>>
Is there a way to decipher Abominations barks?
>>
dazed
>>
>>171069169

You mean when he's transformed? I believe it's just animalistic snarling and growing. I heard the occultist uses some Lovecraftian language when he's afflicted, but it's mostly nonsense.
>>
>>171069169
Not to my knowledge. It's just a lot of snorts, grunts and growls,
>>
whats the best setup for the first darkest dungeon

im at week 132 and i should probably start trying it kek

first playthrough and massive pussy
>>
>>171075175
Shuffle parties or parties that work from any position are an absolute must. Bring all of the bandages.
>>
>>171075175
Jester and Crusader are good choices for their stress-healing, since this dungeon does a good job of driving your heroes insane. Bounty Hunter works well too since there's a lot of human enemies.
>>
>>171075710
unfortunately my jester and my crusaders are quite bad in terms of quirks
>>
>>171075815
I didn't pay attention to quirks at all on my first playthrough and still did well on all the darkest dungeon missions. Having good positive quirks helps, but you don't really /need/ them. If you have bad negative quirks you can just purge them in the warrens/cove/sanitarium.
>>
>>171076119
negative i dont have but my positives are pretty lame
>>
>>171075710
welp i just got my crusader killed kek so i have to level a new one
>>
File: 1415635032659.jpg (167KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
1415635032659.jpg
167KB, 500x717px
>>171061180
For sure, having a couple people with some form of self sustain, and a stun or two is the way to go.

I don't even transform wit the abomination anymore, I just keep him in rank 2, stunning, doing minor damage, and healing all damage and stress he soaks up with being in the frontline.
>>
Looks like RH is hiring a bit more. They're pretty fucking serious about this expansion.

http://www.darkestdungeon.com/job-posting-programmer/
>>
File: ded jew.png (1MB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
ded jew.png
1MB, 1280x723px
I deserved this
>>
File: Thiccest Dungeon.png (724KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Thiccest Dungeon.png
724KB, 1280x1280px
>>171080625

Crimson Court comes out next month, but that job position is 3 months, with the chance to be a permanent member of the team. What do you think the programmer will be doing once CC comes out and most of the bugs are worked out? Working on a second DLC? New monsters?
>>
>>171081579
Potentially, but they said on twitter they want the extra staff members for help ironing things out with CC's release and subsequent patches. I'd bet money they've put some big changes into the DLC and they don't want another Corpse and Hound update incident to happen, so they're preparing themselves.
>>
>>171081738
This. Glad they're learning from past mistakes.
>>
>>171081738
I wasn't around for those incidents what were the issues with them?
>>
>>171080625
>They're pretty fucking serious about this expansion.
It can't be CC dude. Like Misha said it literally comes out next month. It's done. It's getting the final refinements and coats of paint right now.

If they needed additional programmers it'd already have been announced as delayed.
>>
So, my AV suit Norton just flagged darkest.exe as a virus.
trojan.gen.8!cloud
Any ideas?
>>
>>171083948
I think that's an issue that popped up a patch or so ago. Have you updated to the latest version? If yes, then tell Norton to stop being retarded.
>>
>>171083948
>Using Norton
>>
File: 1458505051813.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458505051813.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
honestly i just want to finish my fucking playthrough and be done with this game

but too pussy to start the final dungeon
>>
>>171088004
stop being a pussy then
you can go back to being a pussy after first floor of darkest dungeon
>>
>>171087808
Fucking what
>>
File: 20170314150916_1.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170314150916_1.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
I don't like Stygian ;_; it's just boss rush mode

There's no breathing room ;_;
>>
>>171087808
>her heath bursts into a hearth of antidarkness
>>
This isn't too OP for the sader now is it?

Buffed the heals a bit but changed who it effects at what levels.
"battle_heal" .level 0 .heal 2 3 .launch 1 .target @~1
"battle_heal" .level 1 .heal 3 3 .launch 1 .target @~12
"battle_heal" .level 2 .heal 3 4 .launch 1 .target @~12
"battle_heal" .level 3 .heal 4 4 .launch 12 .target @~123
"battle_heal" .level 4 .heal 4 5 .launch 12 .target @~1234

"inspiring_cry" .level 0 .heal 1 2 .launch 1 .target @12
"inspiring_cry" .level 1 .heal 2 2 .launch 12 .target @123
"inspiring_cry" .level 2 .heal 2 3 .launch 12 .target @123
"inspiring_cry" .level 3 .heal 3 4 .launch 123 .target @1234
"inspiring_cry" .level 4 .heal 4 4 .launch 123 .target @1234

>>170887638

R A B I E S
A
B
I
E
S
>>
>>171069169
Not that I'm aware of, but the other heroes seem to be able to tell what it means since they receive benefits from the Aboms virtuous snrrfs. Which I find very amusing.
>>
>>171081548
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>171088004
Well you can find your game save location and make copies if you're so worried about royally fucking up.

Go to your Steam file location, userdata, and search for profile_
>>
Liveeeeeeeeeee.
>>
I said liiiiiiiiiive god damn it.
>>
>>171027547
Pretty good list and reasons. I'll say crits are worth locking but not as consistent and useful as accuracy or damage. Plus they're better off with high crit fighters like jester or occultist so if you're not going to wait for another quirk to pop up on heroes then by all means lock it in so you would at least have one good quirk instead of wasting time trying to find a perfect one.
>>
>>171083614
>MUH CORPSES
>MUH LEPER IS USELESS NOW
>MUH STRATEGY OF JUST ATTACKING THIS GUY UP FRONT AND LETTING THE FUCKERS FROM BEHIND SLIDE DOWN IS USELESS NOW
>>
>Tfw Leper only has shitty quirks on him
goddamnit I just want him to get a Hater or a Slayer Quirk.
>>
File: IMG_9510.jpg (126KB, 1108x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9510.jpg
126KB, 1108x1280px
>>170843961
would someone please explain to me why I keep getting nothing but Occulists and Grave Robbers? i've been in need of a Crusader and Man At Arms for about a few real life weeks now and haven't gotten any of them
>>
Just got an update, anyone know what that is?
>>
>>171081738
Good, nice to see them learn.

The Corpse change was ultimately good for the game. Made combat deeper and added value to units that could target the back ranks and moves like Iron Swan and Plague Grenade. But it was so poorly communicated and implemented (anyone remember when corpses had just as much HP as the enemy did when alive?) that people flipped.
>>
>>171108332
it's 15 meg so it's probably nothing
>>
New patch:

Darkest Dungeon Build #17687

Added trinket outline fx to quest select.
Moved tutorial option to other instead of gameplay so its saved app wide.
Fixed various typos
Updated Town Fair town event text to accurately state that all treatment facilities are free.
Fixed a duplicate Party Name
Fixed Invisible Obstacle bug
Fix center on map when tabbing when Auto-Center option set to OFF
Hooked up new starting room backgrounds for plot quests.
Added Close Button when choosing mode on new save file.
Fix to deck based stagecoach bug resulting in premature shuffling.
Shrieker Nest loot adjustment
Plot quest reward trinkets, (Trophy/Darkest Dungeon Talisman) are no longer valid for trinket retention because you can never lose them.
Added missing activity log strings
Fixed two small bugs relating to the Crow Town Events
>>
What do you guys go with on your MaA?
Crush or Rampart? Bellow or Bolster? Is Retribution worth it?
>>
File: 1459466997562.jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459466997562.jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>171113280
S'bretty good.
>>
Can debuffs put stats into the negatives or would the stat just bottom out at zero?
>>
>>171113280
boy am i glad its in there
>>
>>171113217
>Retribution
That + guard results in a -lot- of damage. It's pretty great.

It can finish off really low-health dudes which is useful at least
>>
>>171103498

It's really hard to justify stuff like +1% crit but I suppose it adds up.

Good on heroes like Graverobber and Hellion where they have multi-hit moves to abuse the crit chance, as well as single-target moves with high crit chance built in.
>>
>>171113562

They stop at 0 I believe. So reducing Prot on an enemy without any won't increase the damage it takes.

Presumably the percentages based ones (i.e. reduced damage) that say 117% damage reduced or whatever still work, but are capped at 90% effectively.
>>
Radiant game, doing a run on the Hag witch.
Vestal, Jester, Houndmaster, MAA. Path is a path, have to go through all but two of the rooms. Getting there, RNG is being a bit annoying. Run into the collector halfway through. Fucker drags out the fight upwards of 15 turns, keeps spamming collect call. Finally kill him and the HwM ghosts, spend 6 or 7 turns recouping stress losses and healing up.
The very next room shits a fungal clawer, a giant and a fucking virago at me. I make the mistake of not focusing the virago, take down the clawer, then the fungus comes into play, I fail to kill it in time and call it quits. The Houndmaster gets tested upon legging it.
>>Vigourous
Fuck yeah I can do this, chug down some of the food I'm carrying then go right back in.
I'll kill the fucking virago first, I have this surely, NOPE a cavalcade of misses drags it out. Jester gets tested in the middle of the fight.
>>Powerful
Fuck yeah this will surely pay off, just let me kill the clawer like an utter fool so the virago can shit out another fungus. Focus the funshroom, giant crits twice in a row, three guys at death's door, we're officially done here. Manage to retreat without any fatalities, and for some insane reason decide to cure the MAA from blight before running back to the hamlet. Actually yell as I hit W instead of E and march back into the room for a third time. Take a hit or two mashing the retreat icon, get out, get gone.
No casualties, decent loot, MAA broke into fearful and so did I.
I love this game.
>>
>>171111708
cant they just remove the fucking shrieker meme once its beaten?

seriously its just a shit concept
>>
>>171118263
Then how are you going to get your lost trinkets and shrieker trinkets?
>>
>>171118263
What do you mean? Whats wrong with the shrieker? 7x Trapehezons is nothing to scoff at. Also the chance of getting your trinkets back is great.
>>
>>171118407
>>171118592
>doing great
>casually farming up chars
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>SHRIEKER HAS STOLEN 8 OF YOUR DRINGETS:-DDD
>forced to fight that cunt
>get stress
>beat it easy
>get shit
>stressed
>bad quirks
>wasted week
>nothing gained
>>
>>171118726
>SHRIEKER HAS STOLEN 8 OF YOUR DRINGETS:-DDD
>get shit

Why not just ignore it then if the trinkets arent worth fighting it for?
>>
>>171106038
check in gameplay options, you probably have deck-based stage coach turned on
>>
>>171118923
>Why not just ignore it then if the trinkets arent worth fighting it for?
get shit was implying that im getting money which i dont really need anymore

you are gaining nothing by getting back your shit that should not have been stolen in the firstplace

how can a fucking bird steal strinkets anyway

especially 8

fucking 8 clawed motherfucker
>>
>>171119096
Wait, the shrieker only takes trinkets that you lost when you got party wiped/ had heroes die and retreated. I didnt know it also stole trinkets.

But That normally seems like too good of a bonus without the drawback of it also stealing some of your trinkets no?
>>
>>171119096
it's an extremely easy fight, the only thing you'll end up with is stress which you already said money isn't an issue so what's the problem? it's not even a long fight, nor do you have to buy provisions for it.
>>
>>171118923
Not him but I hate the fact that I have a ton of trinkets and they don't say which trinkets Shrieker took so it's hard to ignore if he took all your head/ancestral trinkets by chance.

Normally, it's easy to do his quests if you're focused on either destroying his nest or surviving.
>>
oh right i get it now

its because of the fucking multicultural bitches who always want black people to be in video games

so the shrieker is the nigger who is stealing shit

i hope we are getting some qt muskateer with a giant penis to represent the thai asians too

>>171119253
>>171119275
so again

the fight is easy its just a pointless time and wasting my time to the heal up my characters or even remove quirks

whats the point really

i dont even die and lose shit like ever anyway
>>
>>171119440
>giant
i meant tiny
>>
>>171119440
Because you're not the only one that plays this game and people appreciate the option of being able to recover their lost trinkets at a risk?

>its because of the fucking multicultural bitches who always want black people to be in video games

>so the shrieker is the nigger who is stealing shit

>i hope we are getting some qt muskateer with a giant penis to represent the thai asians too

Oh hi /pol/
>>
>>171119575
>Oh hi /pol/
common be nice im just joking obviously

tho the fight is still pointless and annoying
>>
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, I HAVE TO START PLAYING

>but then crimson court comes out
>lvl 1 missions are skipped with my strong-ass party

fuck you
>>
=/
>>
>>171120482
Couldn't you just retire 4 of your adventurers and get some fresh recruits?
>>
File: LETSGOOOO.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LETSGOOOO.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Vet
>Get dicked on by a thrall that managed to dodge 3 attacks and explode on the party putting 2 on DD
>This kinda shit happens all run, missing, stress build etc
>MaA breaks into focus, ok cool. Vest breaks into focus, dope. GR breaks to selfish, fuck. HM breaks into vigourous.
>You know what fuck it lets go
>GR hits 200 and heartattacks but doesnt die and just goes to deaths door
>finish the fight, finished the quest
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
>>
>>171126054
It was champ. Im dumb. Level 5s in a level 3 quest kinda dumb.
>>
File: 1386403107843.jpg (16KB, 241x247px) Image search: [Google]
1386403107843.jpg
16KB, 241x247px
>Bounty hunter with slugger and damage trinkets gets Abusive
>>
>tfw playing this on steam
>don't like the way it feels on my computer because it's a piece of shit but like the game.
>wanted to get for the vita keep forgetting
Are the versions the same?
>>
>>171127898
Mostly. Steam version is the best through because of the controls.
>>
File: unclean giant faggot.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unclean giant faggot.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
fuck off dude
>>
>>171128036
It overheats my computer but fuck most things do.
>>
>>171128561
You should give abomination his damage lock paired with transformation lock. The speed and damage increase suits him and he already has a ton of health so he's like a above average bounty hunter in terms of damage and health without the mark reliance.
>>
>>171128785
the team already had plenty of damage, so I just utilized his stun and blight since he was the only one who had either and only transformed when absolutely required. I utilize all of his trinkets though, honestly they're all good depending on how you run him it's pretty great.
>>
Don't make fun of me too much but I honestly don't see why Occultist is so good. Debuffs seem like a waste of time except vs Bosses and his heal is too unreliable to compete with putting a vestal on your team. His other abilities just seem mediocre too.
>>
>>171128561
This is my main gripe with the game.
At the end the enemy dmg range per enemy is WAY too large. Any dude can be hitting you for 5 then 30. You just cant prepare for that shit. You cant take calculated risks because you dont know the variables. Your guys have to be at max health at all times, or enemies incapacitated 24/7, and even then almost any enemy can 1hit you to deaths door. Thats bullshit. I would much rather have a guy hitting consistently for 20-25 than one hitting anything from 5 to 30, because the latter it truly boils down if the RNG says you are fucked or not in the case when you eventually HAVE to take a hit, regardless of your input.
>>
>>171130521
that team finished the dungeon all alive with near full health and little to no stress so
>>
>>171130521
The weald-giants are one of the only enemies in the game that can 1-shot heroes from full health, though.
>>
>>171128561
I suggest bringing an occultist with you and weakening the fuck out of the giants.
>>
>>171131058
To be fair, they have really strong attributes that's near mini-boss tier. Their move skill can fuck you over, poison against high prot/DD and can potentially ohko a hero while moving him.

While it makes the game always challenging even at lategame quests, it leaves players too vulnerable to party wipeout with certain parties that it limits the type of people you want to bring around.
>>
>>171130224
>Debuffs seem like a waste of time except vs Bosses
Until you don't land that stun on the Giant or Swineatuar then you will be happy that they aren't smacking the shit out of your party. Or you can use it on other heavy hitting enemies in the Darkest Dungeon.

That along with a melee attack that hits ranks 1, 2, 3 with a damage boost to eldritch and a double hit back rank attack with a damage boost to eldritch coupled with his critical rate in which he will be getting crits 1/5 to 1/4 of his attacks and he is a competent utility attacker.

Not only that he is a team player with the ability to put down marks for classes that benefit from it along with his speed so he can often get a mark down before certain classes that can utilize it can act.

If you want to you can use an Occultist and a Vestal in the same party, he doesn't have to be a dedicated healer and he has access to a ton of skills from rank 3.
>>
>>171127898
Vita version doesn't have Radiant update yet. You also have to get use to the controls since they decided to make them as awkward as they could.
>>
>>171132139
>debuffing a swinetaur
nigga just kill his buddies and he can't do shit
>>
>>171133958
You'd have to kill his buddies and destroy their corpses. I also don't like letting him have the option to crit on two guys at once with crunching backhand as well.
>>
>>171132420
that sucks maybe I'll just deal with my toaster turning into an oven.
>>
>>171134689
are you running a bunch of glass cannons or something? even without debuffs my champion heroes can take a crit crunching backhand just fine
>>
Has anyone compiled a guide to the Darkest Dungeon?
>>
File: CuayTH8XEAALI1b.jpg (532KB, 1379x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CuayTH8XEAALI1b.jpg
532KB, 1379x2048px
>>171139467
if you mean the actual darkest dungeon itself the wiki is helpful enough, even has maps
http://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Darkest_Dungeon_(location)#Quests_and_strategy
>>
>>171139467
The guides in the OP are outdated but leads to the right direction of what you should aim for. Ask anything here and people are willing to help.
>>
File: 1393488410307.gif (839KB, 450x402px) Image search: [Google]
1393488410307.gif
839KB, 450x402px
AHHHHHH WHEN IS THE UPDATE ON THE DLC COMING RH PLEASE I CAN ONLY BE SO PATIENT.
>>
File: img000002.png (159KB, 991x599px) Image search: [Google]
img000002.png
159KB, 991x599px
>>171141427
>tfw waiting for ds3 and dd dlc
>got bored of for honor because 'git gud' is turning out to be a chore
>literally nothing to do in dd other than finish bosses
Release me.
>>
Is HWM any good or just meme?
>>
>>171143756
Yes.
>>
File: 1459043878387.gif (612KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1459043878387.gif
612KB, 320x180px
>>171143756
>>
>>171143756
He's one of the classes that makes up for his lack of support to be your sole pure damage dealer. He has an attack for every position and gives you a wide selection what he should be focusing (AoE, shuffle, ranged, pure melee, DoT) so that means a flexible skill set you can't go wrong with. PBS and duelist advance go well together and his range attacks are okay, if not better than GR's. On that note, Melee GR is great in a shuffle party but her range game is somewhat lacking compared to your other choices.
>>
>>171145460
>>171144328
>>171143815
tyvm
>>
File: uh.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Collect 3 medicines, medium
>Have all 3 by 3rd room

uh
>>
>>171151283
Go explore the rest of it.
>>
>>171152298
It's a meme 4 HM run, I wasn't going to over-commit.

Overconfidence...
>>
File: 20170315192808_1.jpg (244KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170315192808_1.jpg
244KB, 1366x768px
Oh FUCK boys.

After sacrificing them together to the heart, Reynauld and Dismas were chosen to be resurrected! Who do I pick to bring back?
>>
>>171153864
>rare event brings both back
>can only choose one
Suffering at its finest.

Flip a coin.
>>
>>171153864
100% Dismas

Reynauld can go fuck himself that kleptomaniac piece of shit.
>>
File: 20170316023033_1.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170316023033_1.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
damn do i love the Ancestor's Idol

You can drop it on whoever has the most stress when they reach a hundred then take it off immediately after and give it to someone else
>>
>>171153864
Reynauld, so that he can return to his wife and kids !
>>
>>171153864
Dismas. He earned his shot at redemption. Reynauld gave up what he had, squandered it.
>>
>>170864827
What did the leper say to the whore?

You can keep the TIP!
>>
File: 1484939710484.jpg (244KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1484939710484.jpg
244KB, 1024x576px
>>171000173
>TFW you steal this pepe without entering the code.

D E V I L I S H
>>
>>170862570
Mostly just basing these of their camping skills and not thinking too hard about it.

Houndmanster (dog)
Man at Arms (get a crash course in combat and tactics)
Grave Robber (do some snuff together, tell off-color jokes, and enjoy whatever she snagged from town)
Jester (funny guy with interesting things to say but he keeps on ribbing on people a bit too hard)
Hellion (get wasted but have to listen to her rant about how religion is bullshit)
Crusader (get to listen to inspiring speeches but he keeps bringing up god)
Highwayman (guy is kind of weird but he tells some good jokes sometimes)
Vestal (is generally pleasant but can't stop talking about god)
Antiquarian (get to experiment taking some strange powders)
Arbalest (only cares about medical care, her crossbow, and telling everyone else how to march)
Bounty Hunter (guy just talks to himself about his plan and leaves in the middle of the night)
Leper (has leprosy)
Occultist (won't stop talking about /x/ related shit, and even puts out the campfire like a fucking asshole trying to talk to old gods)
Plague Doctor (damn drug addict won't stop experimenting with her own concoctions and even tries to test out some of it on you)
Abomination (difficult to rest next to a monster)
>>
Wait - let's collect ourselves.
>>
File: abo.jpg (288KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
abo.jpg
288KB, 2000x2000px
>>
>>171171868
Stop bullying.
>>
File: 20170316043159_1.jpg (398KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170316043159_1.jpg
398KB, 1920x1080px
God damnit what the fuck was I thinking
>>
>>171153864
Neither. Let them rest.

Plus I wouldn't trust anything that crawls out of the darkest dungeon and pretends to be """reynauld""" after he got killed by the heart.
>>
>>171178738
Overconfidence is a quick, efficient, merciless and often shambler shaped killer.
>>
I don't mind the idea of people dying, but every time one person dies on a quest it goes tits up and soon everyone is dead.

But even if we make it out, the question is how do you deal with losing trinkets?
Almost all of my best and most-used trinkets I only have one of, and have only seen one in 60 weeks. How is it possible to win without them?
>>
>>170847176
Is that musketeer girl a skin for arbalest, or a new character?
>>
File: 1 ded jew.png (861KB, 1281x722px) Image search: [Google]
1 ded jew.png
861KB, 1281x722px
>>171094292
random shambler when i was being greedy in the dark. thought it was a wipe for sure
>>
>>171179114
You can get lost trinkets back with shrieker missions
>>
>>171179114

>But even if we make it out, the question is how do you deal with losing trinkets?

If a hero dies, and you finish the battle anyways, you get the dead hero's trinkets along with the rest of the loot.
>>
File: asd.png (331KB, 550x784px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
331KB, 550x784px
>>171178738
>>
>>170992305
>Expeditions Conquistador
Oh man that looks fun. Is the entry complicated? I always get bored before I start having fun with Grand Strategies for example.
>>
File: 20170125225037_1.jpg (272KB, 1340x688px) Image search: [Google]
20170125225037_1.jpg
272KB, 1340x688px
>>171180024

I don't think so. You get a nice little tutorial that explains combat to you, and then another tutorial that explains items. The max number of fighters you can field at a time is six guys, and you start your expedition with ten guys, so you have a full team right off the bat. Like Darkest Dungeon, you need XP for your heroes to level up.
>>
Redhook when are you going to port this gem to the switch?
>>
File: 1475185645040.png (266KB, 784x285px) Image search: [Google]
1475185645040.png
266KB, 784x285px
>>171180414
I appear to have completely misunderstood the genre, for some reason I automatically asiggned it to be a management game in my mind. I'll look into this, thanks.
>>
File: 20170102004216_1.jpg (244KB, 1346x636px) Image search: [Google]
20170102004216_1.jpg
244KB, 1346x636px
>>171180527

Well, you manage your heroes like you do in Darkest Dungeon. Except instead of going insane, they sometimes get injured and you have to heal them before they can be used again. Like DD's quirks, you can get little feats to make them better in battle (except instead of being randomized, you pick the feat upon leveling them up.)
>>
File: 20170316050341_1.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170316050341_1.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>171178738
SHAMBLER A SHIT
GET REKT
>>
>>171180024
Play Victoria II you scrub. And don't stop until you like it. It's the best god damn game in the world
>>
File: 1446528846586.png (77KB, 307x327px) Image search: [Google]
1446528846586.png
77KB, 307x327px
>>171178738
>>171181217
>>
File: 1458521503436.jpg (705KB, 1080x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1458521503436.jpg
705KB, 1080x1620px
>>
>19MB Update
>It's fucking nothing
There's barely anyone doing decent palette swaps anymore other than the guy who redid the Affliction/Virtue Poses to be properly colored
>>
Anyone interested in modding join this group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dd-workshop/
This allows you to participate in the soft-launch of the workshop.
>>
>>171191690
>Check out discussion board
>It's mostly scorpiovaeden
>>
File: class mods.png (345KB, 1296x602px) Image search: [Google]
class mods.png
345KB, 1296x602px
oh wow.
>>
anyone have a tip on how to color properly? I got the brushes, I can do the line art just fine but I can't seem to color it the way they do in the official artwork
>>
>>171157576
If he decided to not return to his family after seeing the horrors of war, what makes you think seeing the horrors of a world eating mind raping god would change his mind?
>>
>>171153864
>boss makes you pick who dies
>then event makes you pick who comes back
this game is so rude
>>
File: 20170317002854_1.jpg (243KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170317002854_1.jpg
243KB, 1366x768px
oh hey I wonder if anyone still remembers I was making a Dr Doom Skin for Leper. I really like how his Combat Idle came out
>>
>>171199203
What does his other sprites look like?

Also, I find jester at his best with starting the match using Finale to make it a 4v3 then use him to buff or stress heal until his debuff wears off. His bleed skills are okay but not as great as his other tactics.
>>
>>171199203
I think you need to turn up the saturation and brightness on his cloak a bit.

>>171199476
Same here, I always give my Jester a Quick Draw Charm
>>
I command you to live!
>>
>>171204559
Dead posters bumping dead threads... forever
>>
>>171205530
Will we all meet our maker in the end?
>>
I brought my colleagues back with much of their intellect intact - a remarkable triumph for even the most experienced necromancer. Freed from the trappings of their humanity, they plied their terrible trade anew: the dead reviving the dead, on and on, down the years. Forever
>>
>nomad new year
>50% off on trinkets
>Dodge Stone & Stun Charm

Fuck gypsies...
>>
Is there somebody who knows how to extract audio files from the game?
>>
File: Jester solo.gif (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Jester solo.gif
2MB, 720x540px
>>171216020
Easy, you just have to Wait until the Crimson Court DLC adds mod support because right no the files cannot be opened
>>
File: 20170316133844_1.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170316133844_1.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
For vet cannon boss, Grave Robber with damage trinkets is great. Her knife toss will instakill the matchman, AND the accuracy buff is good because the battle lasts a long time and eventually your accuracy gets so good you're practically guaranteed to hit him every round.
>>
File: llhFTueHS7w.jpg (34KB, 600x732px) Image search: [Google]
llhFTueHS7w.jpg
34KB, 600x732px
>>171218464
Well thank you anyway
>>
>30+ weeks
>multiple bonus recruits
>still not a single extra crusader

what the fuck
>>
>>171171868
show the part where he goes beastmode with his melee bonus damage trinkets and rakes them into oblivion
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-16+at+05.11.50).jpg (100KB, 800x389px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-16+at+05.11.50).jpg
100KB, 800x389px
>im feeling like fucking dying anyway
>oh right i didnt bring torches
shit
>>
File: villain.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
villain.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>171199203
Agree with >>171201032 the cloak could use some color adjustment, but other than that the mask looks neat.
>>
>>171222560
>oh right I didnt bring torches

Dont worry anon, he's gonna know you wanted to meet him and will greet you at the most inopportune moment imaginable.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-16+at+05.20.44).jpg (12KB, 374x80px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-16+at+05.20.44).jpg
12KB, 374x80px
>>171223161
oh he sneaked up and gave something to someone alright
>>
File: 1457974077955.png (492KB, 676x640px) Image search: [Google]
1457974077955.png
492KB, 676x640px
>>
>>171213942
>don't upgrade number of trinkets available
>be surprised when all two of them aren't rare
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-16+at+06.05.52).jpg (132KB, 1205x372px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-16+at+06.05.52).jpg
132KB, 1205x372px
>leper glitched out at 200 stress
>renauld has had four heart attacks and lived
>no one can hit anything for shit

for fucks sakes

this is going GREAT

just GREAT
>>
>>171227784
>no torchlight meaning you haven't been using the crusader's stress heal at all
>antiquarian
>no strong healer while bringing a character that cant self heal
>>
>>171227784
>Aunti q on a boss?

Que passa?
>>
>>171227784
>Bringing a party comp that shit to a boss fight
You did this to yourself anon
>>
File: Bump in the night.png (15KB, 150x141px) Image search: [Google]
Bump in the night.png
15KB, 150x141px
>>
>>170954745
Its a boss rush, managed to beat it on 77 though you have limited trinkets to play with. Unless you have perfected the vvulf run and have the luck of an ecaflip to drop the aria box.
>>
>>171234597
You think the rabble ever gets bullied for being the weakest skeleton?
>>
>>171242714
Yeah, they get stun bullied by me while I top off my heroes' stress and health.
>>
>>171191931
>that fucking astronomer
>>
File: 1455263061197.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1455263061197.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>171219694
they added it early bois
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/dd-workshop
lets gooooooo
>>
>>171245985
inb4 crimson court breaks all the mods
>>
>>171245985
Oh shit didn't know they'd softlaunched. Fuck yeah.
>>171248201
Of course.
>>
>>171242714
>weakest skeleton
They're the weakest enemies in the entire game. Even maggots bully them.
>>
File: DD Abusive.png (191KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DD Abusive.png
191KB, 400x400px
>Quickdraw jester
-Kills one enemy
-then gets focused down and murdered by the other three foes because he now has no dodge
-eats all your weed
-Solo Jester
-Goes first anyway because jesters are fast
-Never gets hit by anything and keeps anybody in your party from ever getting hit either
-Can still finale in emergencies
>>
File: HERESY.png (270KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
HERESY.png
270KB, 800x700px
>>171251391
>not keeping a man-at-arms to guard the jester

Its like you wanted fish to fist him
>>
File: zVFIAIDi.jpg (24KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
zVFIAIDi.jpg
24KB, 322x322px
Vulf and his merry band of raiders are at my doorstep. I've never fought him before and the way people talk about him has me scared. I've got a decent selection of Lv 5 heroes (no lv 6). What kind of team should I assemble for the job? What bullshit should I look out for?

I understand he has a bomb bucket that does damage every time you attack it. Is this like the Hag pot where it is useless to go after it, or are you supposed to suffer the damage and burn it down?
>>
>>171254804

If you have a MaA, make sure to bring him and some protection trinkets, since you'll want someone to guard at Vulf's battle.
>>
>>171166980
This is the cannon camping tier list
>>
File: 1365831214366.jpg (8KB, 141x255px) Image search: [Google]
1365831214366.jpg
8KB, 141x255px
>>171254804
It's a weird mix of the Prophet, Brigand pounder, and necromancer.

Basically Vvulf throws a bomb to a random position on your line, and at the end of the round he detonates it for massive fucking damage, like the prophet's calamitous prognostication. Bring a MAA to guard whoever is targeted and keep guarding to keep the prot buff up and minimize damage. The bomb barrel has a riposte effect and it hurts whoever hits it unless they kill it in one blow, but then Vvulf just summons another one, like the brigand matchman, so it is fairly useless to attack it. He also summons random bandit units to support him, and deals stress damage and stuns with his other attacks I believe.

the area the battle takes place in has three side rooms with ancestor's trinkets in each, so if you're able, go out of your way to acquire them all.

Basically you'd need a MAA, i'd say a vestal for area and direct heals and ranged damage, and people who can deal decent damage to positions 2 and 3, because Vvulf summons a brigand raider or two to stand in front of him sometimes.

You'll be fighting entirely human enemies up to him, and theyre mostly a mix of level 1, 3, and 5 bandits, with madmen thrown into the mix. Make sure to focus on the wolf-headed bandit gunmen, because they deals tress damage on top of their more damaging blanket fire, if i'm not mistaken. Bring several shovels too to avoid taking stress damage from the numerous blockages in the area.
>>
>>171255402
Will a houndmaster with high dodge and watch-dog do? Or are the bombs auto-hit? I'm away from my computer, but I think one of the few good classes I don't have a lv 5 of is the MAA (
>>
>>171255438
I'm glad you like it.
>>
So I just finished a medium dungeon, nothing out of the ordinary, but when I finished I noticed my brawler's gloves were missing from my trinket chest.
The fuck happened? I checked the activity log and it didn't say anything. Can you accidentally sell things?
>>
>fight shrieker twice
>get corvids resilience both times

At least it's not a negative quirk, but damn.
>>
File: 20170316233148_1.jpg (442KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170316233148_1.jpg
442KB, 1920x1080px
>>171260502
Whoa sweet jesus fuck I just noticed I suddenly have TWO Ancestor Candles and Ancestor Tentacle Idols.
What the shit is happening
>>
>get masochistic Vestal after fighting a shambler
>"YES, INFECT ME, WOUND ME!"
The fuck is this game doing to me?
>>
File: 1475817929638.png (189KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1475817929638.png
189KB, 500x281px
>Do simple dungeon
>All of my guys constantly miss their attacks
>They all become selfish stealing any loot I find
>Forced to quit only halfway through

I ended up dismissing all of them for that shit.
>>
dazed
>>
File: file.png (157KB, 352x598px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
157KB, 352x598px
>don't play for months
>reach first champion level dungeon
>this fucker

oh jesus christ, what the fuck. He's so goddamn fast with AoE crits out the asshole
>>
File: 88bbf7e6cd299e56a1fd12ffdb098a43.jpg (185KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
88bbf7e6cd299e56a1fd12ffdb098a43.jpg
185KB, 1024x575px
LIGHT FUCKING DAMN IT

All my best trinkets and four champions killed in the first damn 5 fucking steps of a long Cove dungeon to get the ancestors coat.

Five steps and a Collector shows up, his highwayman heads ALL crit and his man at arm head gains 75% prot.

Wanted to at least win the fight after killing the collector but no a head murders my last standing hellion.

Fuck me I feel like putting a bullet to MY brain or restarting this masochism.
>>
>>171263417
>send rookie antiquitarian out to make money
>curious and money obsessed retard allies all open the curios so no antiques are found outside battle
>>
>Vvulf destroys my barracks
>can't recruit new heroes
>have 3 level 1 heroes perpetually missing a spot to actually do missions

suffering
>>
>>171275161
This is forever my fear, I avoid it at all costs every game.
>>
>>171275161
>>171277329
>Stygian mode
>Wait until everyone is at the top of level 4 before getting them to 5th
>Never hold more than 15 trinkets so "Thief in the night" can't spawn
You can never be too careful.
Thread posts: 562
Thread images: 153

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.