[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lite/ - RogueLITE General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 23

File: twoswords.png (511KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
twoswords.png
511KB, 1680x1050px
Dude, TWO swords Edition.

Last Thread: >>170148461

>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
http://pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
http://pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins, Modding update is L I V E
Modding Update Info http://pastebin.com/KY3Y8SRZ
Character Ideas http://pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas http://pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods http://pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV
>>
Are roguelite games just roguelikes but with actual graphics?

Because I can't play ascii shit
>>
>>170436463
Go to /rlg/ and ask that. It'll be funny.
As a serious answer though, no, they are not. Roguelikes a very specific kind of game and they are turn based with permadeath. They can have actual graphics, they just typically don't because a lot of the classic / well known ones like Crawl and Nethack are ascii.
>>
>>170438904
Is this the first time /lite/ has been created? I was expecting people talking about roguelites and pick recommendations from there.
>>
>>170436463
Nope. The prime difference between a Rogue-lite and a Rogue-like is that a like is turn-based while a lite is in real time.
Necrodancer, despite being turn-based, is a Rogue-lite as well because the turns happen in real time.
>>
>>170439740
no
it has died many times and will hopefully die more
>>
>>170439740

>is this the first time /lite/ has been created
>literally included a link to last thread

there's also a half decent list of rougelites in the OP included in one of the pastebins if you're looking for recommendations. I personally suggest Enter the Gungeon, but that game is a little bit difficult for entry level.
>>
I'm gonna go do disgusting 3d irl things for a bit. Don't let /lite/ die or Cursula will call Lord of the Jammed on you.
>>
>>170441139
God that image is disgusting.
>>
>>170441239
I think that's kind of the point. Cursula isn't really supposed to be pretty, especially if you were to see it in a lot more detail than what the game is capable of.
>>
I'm going to lose my shit trying to 100% Isaac. I just know it. Between the Hush and Boss Rush shenanigans, I'm just not good enough to fill out the Lost's post-it
>>
>>170441421
if you think that's bad then go back to rebirth and try to do it
the lost was dumbed down so the keeper could take the shittest most unfun character spot
>>
>>170441531
They were both objectively shit characters, but at least the lost had flight and free DwtD in Rebirth. I'd much rather play rebirth lost than keeper. There are some easy ways to cheese them both, but I feel like the lost has greater advantage simply because of the devil deal potential. Keeper can take devil deals as well, but it's highly unlikely you'll be able to take them as consistently and often as the lost due to his shitty coin-health mechanics basically requiring something like a strength card or judas' tongue.
>>
>>170441732
>>170441531
I tried it for a long time in rebirth and just recently got the Afterbirth DLC. I'd be fine with it if every fucking run wasn't the same as when I was doing Keeper runs. It's all health or on damage items. Dark bums, little chads, every HP up in the game. Never damage or even just some tears up for a change. It's a miserably slow grind to an inevitable death
>>
File: leplanetarium.png (639KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
leplanetarium.png
639KB, 1920x1080px
>>170442265
Yep. Those two characters highlight some of the really big core issues with the balance choices the dev team decided to make. The game is designed around accruing advantages so you're able to win but when a large chunk of those advantages are made more or less worthless on certain "challenge" characters, it feels a lot more like an rng craps shoot than a challenge character.

I much prefer antibirth's take on how to make characters challenging. Bethany and Jacob&Esau are a great example of what I would say is the correct way to make a challenge character. If you've never tried antibirth, I highly recommend it. It's a lot of fun and you can really see the love that went into this mod.
>>
>>170442595
Too bad it's been practically abandoned
>>
>>170442893
S-shut up! The antibirth team is just busy cookin' up something big..t-that's all!

I'm still clinging to this idealistic notion that one day antibirth content will be added in AB+ officially
>>
File: shanks.gif (444KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
shanks.gif
444KB, 320x240px
>>170436463
>>170439763
The difference between roguelikes and roguelites are in that roguelikes are like the game Rogue (as the name implies) while roguelites borrow some traits from it. A roguelike doesn't necessarily need to be turn-based, so long as it shares enough similarities to Rogue.

In the grand scheme, a roguelite has much more in common with an arcade game than roguelikes in general.

>Necrodancer, despite being turn-based, is a Rogue-lite as well because the turns happen in real time.
Necrodancer is a roguelite because it has persisting progress. Death will end an individual run, but all of the items and permanent upgrades you get from the Dungeon Master will persist between runs.

Also, I'm condensing the NTT copypasta a bit. I'm not so much of a dicksucker that I'll just keep copypasting the entire wall every thread -- I've just been too lazy to do it.
>>
>>170443049
Hopefully it will not so AB+ can forever be the inferior version by the lazy developers.
>>
>>170443678

I shoved your pasta into a pastebin and put it under the NT section in the OP. Feel free to clean it up some and maybe make a different pastebin to replace it if you want. I just wasn't sure what all I should / shouldn't put in it so I decided to play it safe and just put everything in there.

>>170443837
Kek. The only real reason I'd be opposed to them merging is some of the shitty things in AB+ being in Anti. Shit like Krampus' Meme laser, le trinket item rooms, and absolutely garbage Angel Rooms to name a few. There are a plenty of good things that AB and AB+ bring that I do miss in Anti though. A lot of AB specific items like maw of the void and serpents kiss, and lucky pennies, for example.
>>
>>170442595
>it feels a lot more like an rng craps shoot than a challenge
Honestly that sentiment describes Isaac as a whole for me.
>>
>>170445497
I can understand that sentiment. Still, the game is a shit load more forgiving on other characters. It's pretty damn surprising how far you can get with a shit load of "bad" items and no damage upgrades, even if it does take an excessively long time.
>>
>>170443678
all zones mode has all the items in necrodancer and doesnt have any of the unlocked extra upgrades you get from outside the dungeons. Bard is a rougelike, but the rest of the cast isnt because they have to play to the beat
>>
>seven leaf clover
>on the fourth chamber
t-thanks game...
>>
How big is bullet hell? I've been there a few times already, cleaned dozens of rooms and didn't find the boss... and then I died because I guees I'm still not gettin gud enough
>>
>>170447159
>>170443678
this
all zones bard is pretty much a roguelike, it's just that the rest of the game isn't
>>
File: teleporterrng1.png (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
teleporterrng1.png
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>170447421
>how big is bullet hell

big enough that you typically can't see the entrance on the map if you're at the boss, even if you're zoomed out all the way. Pic related was from a prototype teleporter I used at the entrance that moved me right outside the boss. Learning to navigate you're way through and avoid doing pointless rooms can help with getting through bullet hell. Boss room tends to spawn very from the entrance so you can kinda use that to find your way a bit. Still, there's always the chance of running into dead ends and such which can be annoying as hell.
>>
>>170448590
>you're
oops.
>>
>>170447159
The realtime vs turnbased thing isn't a requisite to being a roguelike. The most immediate example of this that comes to mind is Dwarf Fortress, but there are plenty of other roguelikes that function in realtime.
>>
>>170448928
I thought they were pretty stuck on the not realtime thing? What makes necrodancer not one then because it has everything else other then the turn based part
>>
>>170449503
That stems from the Berlin Interpretation, which a lot of people do not agree with. They're good guidelines for what makes and breaks a roguelike, but they're terrible as strictly enforced rules. Plus, if you're trying to tell me dorf isn't a roguelike, I don't know what to say.
>>
>>170441421
>>170442595
>>170442265
I have taken down the Hush and Blue Baby. I can't tell if this is less or more miserable than playing as the Keeper.
>>
>>170448928
>>170449503
>>170450135
I find it pretty amusing that nobody can clearly define what a roguelike is. Shit is all over the place in regards to what specifically makes a roguelike a roguelike.

I guess you could just use the /rlg/ definition since we're on this board and they're the "experts"

>Currently, one of the most accepted interpretations on /vg/ is that a game is a roguelike if and only if it has these 4 elements:

>Permadeath - Might be optional or have ways to cheat (eg. Wizard mode), but it has to be a core element of the game.

>Turn Based - Roguelikes are about thinking, not about quick reflexes.

>Grid Based - Everything happens in a grid, where every element of the game use a set space, usually one tile, although some games have multi-tiled monsters or structures.

>Randomly generated content - Since (perma)death is so common in roguelikes, every new game has to be different to keep the gameplay from becoming repetitive.
>>
File: no thanks.jpg (13KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
no thanks.jpg
13KB, 236x236px
>>170450770
>>Permadeath - Might be optional
>>
>>170450135
Dont worry im not ive never played it just trying to understand
>>
>>170439923
Seriously, the difficulty between this and stuff like Isaas is night and day.

>>170441732
>free DwtD
I too enjoy the sister maggies and red chests full of bombs, spiders and teleports to DwtD
>>
>>170447421
Bullet Hell is fucking huge, there are no shops, no chest rooms, no NPC's, the enemies are numerous and real fuckin bullshit (seriously those shotgun creeps with the bullets that go spastic after hitting a wall are a nightmare).

It's honestly challenging most of the time. Good design, skill never becomes a non-issue.
>>
>>170450770
A simplified version of my personal views on the matter:

Major Elements of a Roguelike:
> Permadeath: Death not only ends your run, but resets the Player's progress.
> Procedural Generation: the world is randomly generated so no two runs are the same
> Possibility for shenanigans: While the control scheme doesn't necessarily have to be complex (we don't need the ability to clean out our ears here), the possibility for interactions should be there.
> Grid-based movement. Rogue was intended to play like a tabletop game. While I'll say this is debatable, most roguelikes do this, so I'll put this here.
> Dungeon crawling. Rogue is a Dungeon Crawler, after all.

Minor elements (Not 100% required)
> ASCII Graphics: A lot of modern roguelikes either start out as such, or add it as homeage to the genre
> Simple Story: Most roguelikes have a straightforward plot of "find/do the thing and escape with your life", but that's absolutely not a requirement.
> Turn-based gameplay. Even though it's common practice, I see no reason for this to be a requirement.

>Rogue: Laid out most of these elements
>Classic Roguelikes: Generally follow the same format as Rogue
>Modern Roguelikes: Generally have the Major elements, liberally follow the Minor Elements
>Roguelites: Basically arcade games. They typically have session-ending death and procedurally generated content, but has a means to save your progress throughout the game.

I'd say that Necrodancer skirts the definition of a modern RL and a roguelite. By virtue of the fact that Single-Zone Mode is given much more focus (at least to new players), I'd peg it as a Roguelite.
>>
>playing with the robot
>every other junk is replaced by red hearts, red hearts when clearing rooms, shops rarely sell armor

THEY ARE NOT EVEN AIMING FOR SUBTLETY WITH THIS SHIT
>>
Man there's just so much that I don't enjoy about Sunless Sea's gameplay.
>>
>just found out the characters in EtG have alternate skins

How do I unlock? And how do I choose them? Also, how come the game itself doesn't tell me about this? It's pretty cool stuff.
>>
>>170455935
Unlock by beating the past with them. You change outfits by interacting with the outfit in the breach, which are next to where the characters are sitting around in the breach.

>>170452698
>Seriously, the difficulty between this and stuff like Isaas is night and day.
It really is, and I kinda love it. BoI can get boring fast when you get shit that trivializes the whole run. I don't wanna be able to play like a monkey and still win. EtG can get to that point though, it just's a HELL of a lot more rare.
>Sister maggies and red chests
Don't forget satanic bible and brother bobby
>>
>>170455610
Thats because shits hard what would you consider the other big rougelites like issac/ftl/gungeon
>>
>>170456346
Spelunky for sure. That game is hard as balls.
>>
>>170456346
Necrodancer also fits the bill pretty well as well as being extremely difficult at it's hardest.
>>
>>170456330
I don't even mind trivializing runs because that takes a while in most cases and it at least can be entertaining, but there are so many things that can easily gimp you or are fairly useless, like the crap we mentioned or shit like circle of protection. Why is the pilot's weapon so bad? I'm not going to blame it for my performance on bullet king but goddamn.

And I just found out the fun way that lockpicks work on the entrance to the oubliette.

>>170456889
I have no idea how I got the clears I did in that.
>>
>>170456346
>Isaac
Arcade-esque game, therefore a Roguelite.
>Gungeon
Death doesn't fully reset your progress, and has much more in-line with an arcade game than Rogue. Therefore, a Roguelite.
>FTL
__________________________________________________________________shit____________
>>
>>170457536
>FTL
>shit
Sounds like someone doesn't know how to play a game.
>>
>>170457536
I havent played much gungeon but you unlock shortcuts and stuff right? Also i like FTL but i enjoyed your description
>>
>>170457138
It's bad because if it wasn't, he'd be really OP. Discounted prices are huge and don't quit being useful until bullet hell, Two active slots allows for potential double active shenanigans, which can get broken as fuck with coolness and also doesn't come with the draw back of having to ditch the lock pick early if you find a godly active like relodestone, and the lockpick let's him take chances that other characters won't or can't. The other characters aren't gonna want to waste keys on blue and brown chests, especially early on when you need keys for oubliette. The rooms with a locked gate that have have (potentially) a locked chest behind them as well as other consumables are also a great example of when he shines. Not to mention being able to potentially get into a locked shop while you have no keys, allowing you buy one or sometimes even more than that depending on RNG. He is an RNG character, but when played intelligently, the RNG isn't affecting the run in a negative way, it's just giving him chances at a bunch of free shit that the other characters wouldn't even care about. On top of all that, you have the OPTION to gamble on shit that actually does matter if you're run is already in a good spot, and then that can cause it to snowball like hell. I really enjoy pilot, but it took me a long time to really understand what makes him powerful. Early on in playing, I probably would've said he and convict were the worst of the four, but now I'm kind of on the fence as to which I prefer more, marine or pilot, though to be fair, any character works fine for this game, since it's just about gitting gud.

There are a ton more situations that are a lot less common where pilot is amazing but I think I've built enough of a case for him at this point.
Plus his alternate outfit is just SO damn stylish, which makes him best.
>>
>>170457946
You can unlock shortcuts to later floors, plus you add drops to the pool by spending money from bosses that lasts between runs or unlocking them via accomplishments.
>>
>>170459117
I'm mostly butthurt over the fact that the lockpick failed the entire floor and some random hooded bullet got me by surprise.
>>
File: war.png (414KB, 1748x1240px) Image search: [Google]
war.png
414KB, 1748x1240px
bump
>>
File: place em.png (39KB, 1842x1048px) Image search: [Google]
place em.png
39KB, 1842x1048px
>actually using blanks during boss fights now
>quad shot and demon face
>max anarchy songs
>flawlessed treadnaught with primed primer and black powder
This run is going too well for someone like me. Place your bets on what's gonna do me in.
>>
File: 1485504315392s.jpg (3KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
1485504315392s.jpg
3KB, 104x125px
>>170465045
I belive in you anon!
>>
File: 1469232220092.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469232220092.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>170465224
>2 1/2 hp down from high priest
I-I still got this, right?
>>
File: Hunter & Convict get blanked.png (964KB, 1868x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter & Convict get blanked.png
964KB, 1868x1000px
Pop more blanks!
>>
>>170467819
Cringe.
>>
File: end me.png (539KB, 1842x1048px) Image search: [Google]
end me.png
539KB, 1842x1048px
>>170466718
Fuck hammers, and that random purple miniboss. >Huntsman, tommy gun that's totally empty, demon head, quad shot
>only enough money to reload one of them
>the rest will go to shrine healing
I don't even care about killing the dragun, I did what I set out to do this run.
>>
File: 1488978985283.jpg (15KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1488978985283.jpg
15KB, 500x405px
>>170466718
Of course
>>
>>170467987
The word alone is more cringy than anything nowadays. Almost as overused as cuck.
>>
>>170455610
>>170457536
this kind of makes me wonder what the point of the term "roguelite" even is. isaac was obviously meant to make an arcade-style game for home and not to be a real time roguelike. the similarities seem more like coincidences.
>>
>>170468319
Doesn't make it any less accurate.
>>
>>170468061
I would've had easily if I had another gun or more ammo. Quad shot didn't do nearly as much damage as I thought it would and well, the lockpick didn't really help out this but whatever, I just need to cross that fuck huge chasm and I can start seeing pasts I think.
>>
And fuck gun soul, going through all that shit again with just my starting weapon and a jammed enemy and a knight in the first room isn't happening.
>>
>>170468478
Lets tell rlg that and merge with them then well never die
>>170468771
Im bad at gungeon so i dont know what most of that means
>>
>>170469398
>Im bad at gungeon so i dont know what most of that means

Lockpicks are an RNG item you can use for a 50/50 shot at free access to a container/door that requires a key, at risk of making the lock permanently unusable. His failed five times.
>>
I've never hated Fistula so much until today
>>
>>170467819
This is my fetish, thank you anon.
>>
>>170470256
Your fetish is softcore porn with no actual nudity?
Nice.
>>
>>170470256
>>170470425
Public embarrassment, maybe? Either way it's a good fetish. Softcore stuff is nice.
>>
>>170469398
RNG wasn't kind to me and every chest I was forced to break gave me junk. I wouldn't have minded a junkan or some half heart pieces either.

>>170470530
Agreed
>>
>>170470530
>softcore stuff is nice
are you 12 or something?
>>
>>170470425
>>170470530
ENF, or in this case, EUF I guess.
Is there a source, or is it just a friendly drawanon?
>>
>>170470713
Was a delivery I got in a drawthread a while ago. Artist is called Red.

>>170470667
Dude seriously, fuck off. Let people have their fetishes.
>>
>>170470995
oh yeah, sorry kid
here, i won't bully you anymore for posting HOT PORNZZZ on a blue board
>>
>ammo drops on floor one
>key drops on floor five
STOP
>>
Hell yeah.
I feel... Awesome.
Never felt that good ever in my life.
>>
File: CZLtx1DUsAA_i1g.jpg (41KB, 576x521px) Image search: [Google]
CZLtx1DUsAA_i1g.jpg
41KB, 576x521px
>Coming back from playing gungeon to play necrodancer
>Amazing run
>+3 attack items and an obsidian crossbow
>Hand cramping so I pause before the floor starts
>Notice my crossbow is empty
>Press R to reload
>R is my quick restart key
>>
>>170474904
You poor motherfucker.
>>
File: 1432123723_ZbGUrYA.gif (1MB, 406x449px) Image search: [Google]
1432123723_ZbGUrYA.gif
1MB, 406x449px
Anyone here try necrodancer with a dance pad before?
>>
>BoI wiki doesn't list the ridiculously obvious cheese of Converter & Guppy's Paw
Weird
>>
>>170480040
Not me. I'd love to see someone attempt Bolt with the dance pad though.
>>
>>170468478
The term was coined because people got annoyed by others calling games that were nothing like rogue (save for a few minor traits) "rogue-like." "Roguelike-like" was used for a little while, but that sounds fucking stupid, so "rogue-lite" eventually caught traction.
>>
>>170480040
I'm not asian, so no.
>>
File: pekaface.png (100KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
pekaface.png
100KB, 736x736px
>Doing Delirium run with Azazel because completion
>Clicker
>...alright, I can handle doing Azazel again because he's fucking easy cough cough
>Keeper
>Now on victory lap level of OP with Keeper
This'll save some time
>>
File: Isaac.jpg (71KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
Isaac.jpg
71KB, 960x541px
Need help. I'm fairly new to Isaac, I stepped accidentaly on a D1 room and my character went batshit crazy, I tought I fucked up but it deals massive amount of damage. Anyway I have 40 coins and a reroll, what are some good items I should look for?
>>
>>170485342
You're pretty set already. Just try not to reroll again and just have fun.
>>
>>170485607
Ok thanks, I actually feel bad, I'm quite a bad player but my current set up is breaking the gam, I'll kill the womb first time with it probably
>>
>>170486170
Cherish runs like this man.
>probably kill the womb
>20/20
>decent damage and familiars
You've got this.
>>
>>170486379
I have a save file where the only runes I have unlocked are Jera, Dagaz, Perthro, and Ansuz.

It's my go to file for when I feel like having an increased chance of fun.
>>
how to get g00d at jacob Nd Esau?
>>
>>170490042
picked up judas' shadow then killed myself
is this still a jacob nd esau run
>>
>>170490042
Pray to RNG that at least one of them can get strong as fuck, orbitals, similar speeds and tear effects, and not suffering from a stroke.

>>170489738
Blank card and jera is probably the most amusing thing to abuse provided you can get a single battery.

>>170490363
Nope, do it over if you're going unlocks.
>>
>>170490471
oh, im finishing it anyways. and i died the last game it was so frustrating
>>
>>170489738
That's what I've never got about games with unlocks.

What's my motivation for unlocking trash?

I mean, in Gungeon I still haven't bought plenty of Trorc's wares, not because I don't have the credits but because why would I want a shitty Ration or Cluster Mine when it potentially comes at the price of a pack of smokes, Double Vision, the M16 or Flak Bullets?
>>
File: Achievement_5_nights_at_mom's.png (5KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Achievement_5_nights_at_mom's.png
5KB, 64x64px
So, for the 5 Nights at Mom's achievement.

Can I just kill Satan with the polaroid and it will count as a victory ?
>>
>>170491432
Are those normal trash tier or Keeper trash tier? That aside I have no idea why going through a bullshit challenge unlocks something like a pill you'll hardly ever see or an item literally no one wants, and that's not even getting into items that are just useless.
>>
Jesus fucking christ im so fast and I have unlimited ammo also 3 YV shrine procs
>>
File: canvas.png (171KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
171KB, 1920x1200px
>>170492548
pic
>>
>Playing Nuclear Throne as Rogue
>Hit Level 2
>Mutations Offered: Scary Face, Boiling Veins, Throne Butt and Strong Spirit

Yeah, I never want to see those perks again.
>>
>>170491975
Yeah, but you won't be going to the dark room.
>>
>>170492065
Ration heals you for 2 hearts and automatically gets used when you die. Cluster Mine is an active use item (these recharge in Gungeon) that is exactly as it sounds. Deals like 60 damage which isn't amazing.

Comparatively, Double Vision is an active use item that literally doubles your bullet output for a significant amount of time, while being cheaper than the cluster mine. The cigarettes let you trade Half Hearts for the "coolness" stat, which gives you drops more commonly at the end of rooms, (1+coolness)% for the first room, then +9 for each subsequent room until a drop happens, which puts it back at (1+coolness)%. Coolness also reduces active item recharge time by 5% and stacks up to 10 so a pack of ciggies can give you half length Cooldowns and much more drops for a measly 5 heart investment.
M16 is a gun with like 500 ammo that fires a clip of 30 5.5 damage bullets, reloading alternately stocks it with 3 grenades which do 35 damage (10 impact, 25 explosion), the grenades only use 1 ammo also so you just fire the grenades, reload, fire 1 bullet, reload, and fire the grenades again and it lasts forever.
Flak Bullets make your bullets split off into smaller bullets when they hit an enemy or a wall.

It's not that the Ration and the Mine are super godawful (I don't like Isaac enough that I kept playing to know what a Keeper is), it's that when you find this merchant he sells 3 random items from his pool. You're almost guaranteed to hit on something great, unless you bloat it with these eh items and I don't see why anyone would do it.
>>
>>170480040
>>170482468
im definitely want to try it on dance pad at somepoint i'm getting one itd be fun to try with bolt
>>
>>170491432
>What's my motivation for unlocking trash?
Achievements and completion marks.

That's one thing I like about Necrodancer. You can pretty much customize what appears in your Single Zones runs, and the ratio of good to bad items that show up in All Zones runs is fairly nice.
>>
>>170493210
Oh and I forgot he also sells Full Metal Jacket, which uses a blank if you have one when you would have got hit, which is amazing in a game where so much shit is retard powerful but relies on you not getting hit (meatbun, glass guan stones, Bonus HP from perfecting bosses, Metronome, Polaris)
Remote Bullets, which cause your bullets to follow your cursor at all times (retarded synergy with so many guns, think of this with the aforementioned Flak Bullets, Double Vision, and a Backup Gun which passively doubles your bullet output by mirroring every shot out your ass, and Laser Sight, which is just a flat 50% reduction in spread on all guns with a nice little laser pointer, a solid item that will almost always find use. The guns he sells apart from the M16 also are pretty good, although passives are usually better for obvious reasons.
>>
>>170493210
Oh shit, well the rations sound kind of ok for a scrub like me but yeah, I can see why wouldn't want to dilute the shop items. The Keeper is straight shit, through and through and I don't even know why it's a thing. It's worse than the lost since to unlock it you have to grind Greed mode, which is already monotonous and the machine you donate to can jam as early as the second coin. Then when you actually get the fucker it only has two coins for hp max, unless you have AB+ then there's an item that MIGHT increase it if you don't buy shit, that can only be refilled by money. Despite not red hearts like blue baby they count as red hearts for fucking you over in regards to devil deals, which you can't take or you die. Oh, and it has negative luck and subpar walking speed off the bat because why not.

>>170493693
I need that jacket ASAP, perfecting bosses isn't something I have down just yet.
>>
>>170492905
Thronebutt is the obvious choice. Face can be done without, Veins isn't really necessary unless you plan on deeplooping, and Spirit is overrated. All of the others still have a chance to show up in future mutation pools, as well.
>>
>>170494029
Yeah, shit like that was why I dropped it. It kept getting more and more obtuse. I remember looking through the unlocks at some point during this generals last incantation before the slumber and having a similar feeling to gungeon, so many challenges had unlocks which I could see no reason beyond autism for anyone to want to unlock. At least Keeper keeps to himself once you get him. Some of those Pill unlocks just look like pure pool dilution.
>>
File: fuckmonk.png (101KB, 960x573px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmonk.png
101KB, 960x573px
question about the quarts armour it reduces all hits done by enemies to 1 heart? Also, just pissed away this amazing build because i accidentally stepped on a gold pile. All i want is to unlock bolt
>>
>>170496870
Pretty much.
>Bolt
I thought I could handle fast, but that's too fast.

>>170494505
I kind of wish pills weren't a thing, the bad ones are so common and a few of the others are why tier. I think I might just focus on gungeon and give Isaac a long break after actually thinking about the differences.
>>
>>170496870
I hate wind mages with Monk. I think I'd rather take a hit from a mini-boss than let those bastards pull me into a pile of gold
>>
>>170496870
>All i want is to unlock bolt
Just you fucking wait.
>>
>>170498057
i like the challenge of playing eighth notes more than if you miss a beat you die but im not good enough for any of it apparently yet
>>
File: hyperrifle.png (39KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hyperrifle.png
39KB, 1280x1024px
This Week's Weekly is
> YV (a skin)
> Rogue Rifle
> Crown of Guns
I hope you like bullet meme builds, folks
>>
>>170492726
>eye patch
>riddle of lead
>seven leaf
>hero's bandana
>Gungine

Dear lord. you comin' for Lich's ass, right?
>>
>>170498663
>eighth notes
>sure thing I can play them on the piano easy peasy
>dies on Zone 1

A music speed up x1.5 mode would've been nice because that difficulty spike is no joke
>>
>>170496870
If you want, you can download the "Monk Rage" mod. All it does is replaces the gold sprites with big, red Xs. It really helped me out.
If you're a piratefag I can upload it for you

You really don't want bolt though. You think its fine now, but once you get to levels with swing tracks you're gonna want to kill yourself.
>>
>>170501874
>>170502705
i love how everyone is like no seriously you dont know what the fuck youre talking about and i saw one that replaced them with spikes this one is different though right? is it not on the steam workshop?
>>
>>170502705
just kidding i found it you ment if i pirated necrodancer
>>
>>170502914
We were all in his shoes once. "Wow this super restrictive character is fucking awful. I can't wait to go fast. Wait why am I missing every beat? Why am I getting killed by my own bombs?"

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454072607 Thats the mod I used. Its just a bit of a pain to get mods off the workshop if you're a pirate like me so I figured I'd offer
>>
>>170503181
>man, starting over in zone 1 sure is boring
>I can't wait to unlock the character that's fas-
>TOO FUCKING FAST FUCK
I was a fool to think I could handle Bolt.
>>
>>170503381
Fucking
Red
Dragons

Even with the spear I can't deal with them reliably unless I have a long vertical hallway to fight them
>>
>>170503181
>>170503381
>>170503468
i hope to one day git gud like you anons and i appreciate the offer. Also, monks frustrating when you die stupidly but i actually think its a neat idea and challenge and dont hate the idea behind it i just go into autopilot when there are no enemies and walk into gold like a retard
>>
>>170503762
Monk requires you to completely shatter the habit of walking forward after killing something and actually planning ahead or else you'll block your route with gold. When you unlock Bolt it's going to feel SO fucking good.
>>
>>170503468
>firebreathing asshole charging at you as fast as a Minotaur
>actual Minotaurs running around at the speed of sound
>bosses like King Conga wombo comboing you diagonally because you're too busy spamming random keys in a panic

Suddenly playing Aria feels like a nice, relaxing run where everything's moving in slow motion.
>>
>>170504072
i never thought of it but ya aria probably would feel easier after running around at the speed of sound with bolt
>>170504025
i hope i can get there i can make it to zone 3 inconsistently and I've gotten decent at planning ahead and not trapping myself i think my issue is i get to salt to fast honestly
>>
>>170504025
>and actually planning ahead
>chess boss as monk
DELETE
THIS
>>
>>170504256
yo fuck deep blues just save all your bombs for that also not him
>>
>>170504256
>grenade charm
>bombs flying over the gold instead of on it
>no space to reposition yourself

Well, time to file that under "items you should never pick up as Monk".
>>
>>170504256
>destroy everything including the boss
>gold scattered everywhere
>no bombs
Monk has made me too salty for my own good.

>>170504604
>desperate for a new weapon on Monk
>Gold [shit]
I feel like the game openly mocks you at some points.
>>
Anyone play the daily for BoI? Is it any fun?
>>
>>170504791
1st floor Pyromaniac and a bunch of damage ups. Too bad it only goes to Mom's foot
>>
>>170499289
Easiest kill of my life senpai. I got BSG and Stuffed Star so all of Hell was a cakewalk.
>>
>>170505262
No Ehwaz/Shovel/Sac room anywhere?
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.