[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 762
Thread images: 111

File: manual_front_960x1320.jpg (127KB, 960x1320px) Image search: [Google]
manual_front_960x1320.jpg
127KB, 960x1320px
Who knew this was the official artwork?-edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
http://pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Die and join the ranks of brave skeletons

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator >>167437525
>>
File: 320x240.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
320x240.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
Tell me captain, if the Federation is so good, why are there no good Dominion 4 OP images?
>>
File: ZotzCountry.png (173KB, 1075x473px) Image search: [Google]
ZotzCountry.png
173KB, 1075x473px
>>167795772
There are, but OP's a faggot, as usual.
>>
File: yomi pretender.jpg (62KB, 615x609px) Image search: [Google]
yomi pretender.jpg
62KB, 615x609px
R8 my Yomi pretender
>N9 Bless
>E4 for Reinvig
>A5 for bags of wind/gale gate (debating leaving this at a A4 because as awesome as fog warriors is 50 gem dual booster Dai Tengu's are crazy expensive.)
>Turmoil for the Oni boost
>Luck to make the best of Turmoil and to meme
>Magic to get my midgame on ASAP
>Imprisoned since most major things I'll have this guy do won't be till around year 3 anyway (this one I'm not sure on because it would be nice to have a vine shield crafter for early thugging.

I've never have played Yomi before also so I have been trying to figure out how you're supposed to get to Dai Tengu native (or if it's even worth summoning them). I see they're self summoning and also an A2 Dai Oni can summon them.

But an A2 dai oni seems pretty rare. Is it worth empowering an A1 Dai Oni to A2 to summon them if you have a lot of air gems? I mean 500 gold and 30 air gems for a A2/D3/F2/E2/H1 chasis seems like a bargain compared to some nations thug options.
>>
>>167796768
needs luck 3
>>
Where can I watch the Community Clash?
>>
>>167798708
Doesn't making it watchable make it super easy for other players to cheat?
>>
How should I gear up Golems as MA R'lyeh (no summod)? I'll be using the helm slot for the astral booster for teleport.
>>
>>167800329
Oh, and what are the best things to Wish for? <3 Thanks for the help!

I fear wishing for armageddon would kill a great swath of my cheap mages.
>>
>>167800469
Wish for friends, it'll teleport land-breathing units onto your underwater capital.
>>
>>167800637
Ahaha. Does it just choose x units at random? Any commanders? This sounds hilarious.
>>
>>167800727
I have no idea, but it happens.
>>
>>167795667
>Debug Mod:
>For testing battle formations and spells
>http://dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

Desura backup is kill my friend
>>
>>167800727
It's the entire population of a province AND every single unit stationed there. To be clear, that includes every commander and mage. Units incapable of teleportation may be immune but I doubt it.
>>
We're going to need better OP images if these threads are going to survive.
>>
>>167795667
we need more unironic dominions fanart

mistformed tuatha facing scared shitless chaff when
>>
File: Goat Sun Summoning.png (1MB, 1680x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Goat Sun Summoning.png
1MB, 1680x1010px
There's a lot of decent art already; we just don't use it
>>
>>167795772
Because Babylon 5 is better
>>
>>167804952
I love this pic.
>>
>>167796768
dump down to sloth 2, grab luck 3 magic 3
otherwise p good. Remember all you will be recruiting is 1 res demons or 4 res bakemono archers.
If you are taking the A5 almost entirely for fog warriors, I would say don't bother. Lategame yomi is mediocre at taking large armies to the battle, mostly because you are very good at casting RoS and you can easily make armies of dai oni + oni general and be immune. Fog warriors does let you take a greater variety of troops to battle, and if you can get a good blob of Shikome they will be very nasty with fog warriors + nature 9 + end of weakness/marble warriors + strength of giants.
Another way to approach fog warriors is E/S combo on your pretender. S indie mages are reasonably common (lizards and crystal amazons) and you can do some very fun communion tricks (earthpower + soul vortex + ironskin + phoenix pyre on your slaves is nice)
>>
Stale your turns.
>>
>>167810003
will do senpai
>>
>>167804854
If I were talented would I be playing Dominions?
>>
>>167795667

>it's an "only one guy in the game roleplays" episode
>>
>>167812502

>it's a 'got bored of roleplaying after five turns and switched to communicating only in memes' teaser-trailer
>>
Masuyuki couldn't sleep. He could barely eat; only half his bodyweight most days (more on weekends and mandatory drinking days). The army doc called it, ''A perfectly regular case of battle fright, nothi'' before Masuyuki swiftly and brutally killed the psychologist and devoured his body. Unfortunately, a bakemono called Beebo Grouwzer who had a habit for ground up astral pearls heard this heated exchange, and word got out. That was how you end up in some shithole, sitesearching and doing menial summoning tasks while the rest of the dai oni got to kill stuff.

In reality, it was worse than Masuyuki dared admit. Terrifying dreams haunted him. Toothless old men cackling at him and screeching, ''Dai Oni make poor super-combatants!'' Or the even worse one, about the bakemono rising up, creating their own governmental system, and the era of oni superiority coming to an end. He shuddered just to think of them
>>
Reminder that your fourthturning turn would be here already if it wasn't for Ur.
>>
>>167816126

But if I attack him, he'll probably ask it to be set to 48 hours.
>>
>>167816231
He can ask, but will need a majority for it to be delivered.
>>
>>167815145

Not going to lie those Dai Oni did a number on me, but not as supercombatants, but supercasters
>>
>>167815145
One day Masuyuki was playing strip poker with the bane lord he had summoned a few weeks earlier. They were telling each other about all the badass wars and stuff they had done, and drinking heavily. Suddenly, a massive rephaite fell from the sky about a hundred meters away. Mauyuki set about summoning as many skeletons as he could, as quickly as he could. With him, the bane lord, and some skeletons, he felt they might be able to take this guy. The giant called upon the blessing of Semeyaza, and surrounded himself with a shield of magical fire. Then he flew over all the skeletons, and started trying to stab Masuyuki in the face. The bane lord quietly slunk away, before either the rephaite or Masuyuki could notice.
Masuyuki cursed his crap equipment. A skull staff, some weightless chainmail, and some flying shoes. Not ideal for a combat situation. The rephaite, for his part, was adorned with glowing jewelry, a baroque enchanted chestplate with matching helmet, and a sword which spewed gouts of flame. All of this, he was using to try to kill Masuyuki.
>>
>>167820005
The skeleton hordes had caught up to the melee, and set about surrounding the Melqart and taking cheap pot shots. This he barely noticed, as his shield unraveled itself from his arm and set about immobilizing the skeletons with snaking tendrils of vine. The giant grinned at Masuyuki, as if to say;
It's just you and me.
Masuyuki punched him in the gut, his hand wreathed in pure energy. Surprisingly, this worked spectacularly, and a miniature geyser of pulped organs and blood sprayed from the giants back. Masayuki stepped back, then noticed with dawning horror the speed at which the hole was filling itself. The giant barely seemed phased at all, though Masuyuki noticed that he carried himself in a more defensive stance. He would need a distraction to do that again. The giant steadily rained blows on him, but he dodged them effortlessly, using his staff to turn aside some blows, ducking or juking others. Masuyuki swung hard, and connected with the giants head. It staggered back, and Masuyuki knew it was time to act. The skeletons, as one, grasped the vines connecting to the shield and pulled. It wasn't much, but just enough to pull it even more off balance. This was what Masayuki needed. He raced forward, his hand already glowing with energy, and uppercut the giant. The giants face was disintegrated, and the brain just visible through the shattered skull. One of the skeletons had climned the giants back, and now placed a rusty dagger against the brain. Already the face of the giant was half healed, one eye regenerated from nothing, the mouth and teeth reforming. The flowing flesh held the dagger in place, and Masuyuki needed no more invitation. He slammed his skull staff down on hilt of the dagger with all his might, and the giant dropped dead.
As Masuyuki placed the dragon helmet on his head, he felt his faith in Dai Oni supercombatants return. He had done it.
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AbsoluteMAdMAn

Needs one more
>>
File: 1469003165650.jpg (49KB, 486x809px) Image search: [Google]
1469003165650.jpg
49KB, 486x809px
I'll join as the last player in MAdMAn. How do I build a Shinuyama pretender?
>>
>>167807365
good post desu senpai
>>
>>167821613
Actually, forget Shinuyama I'm going to try Atlantis.
>>
Game starto.

Good luck, nerds.
>>
>>167822514
Not in this game you're not. Sorry kohai.
I'll start another one if you want, though. MA Atlantis needs to be played more, if only to highlight how shitty its troops are
>>
>>167822581
>>167822687
beh, don't worry. I'll catch the next one.
>>
>>167822748
Yeah, but if enough other people still want to play, I don't mind making the 'next one' right now.
>>
>>167822796
I'm only in the one game right now so I'll play. But I don't think anybody else has been expressing interest in new games recently.
>>
>>167821613
Imprisoned F4E4D5B2 Bakemono Kunshu w dom 8 and scales is pretty good. Minor E and D bless are good for your big sacred shamans (D bless helps with keeping diseased ones alive. In general use all shamans for combat or sitesearching, ubas are your labrats). F4 because it is cheap and Ench 6 is a given in year 3 for Shinu that is doing at all ok.
You can get O3S2H3G3L3
Alternatively;
Imprisoned E6S6 Nyorai.
You get 3 extra scales. Great for taking less sloth or magic scales. Bless is good for your shamans, but without disease protection of death bless. The extra reinvigoration and MR is better for your shamans who have cast hidden heart. Whether hidden heart is good or not is hard to say. The requirement for an unforted temple mountain is pretty hard to satisfy, and also makes it apparent where to go to kill it. On the other hand, you can build a fort on it afterwards. You can get shamans from lab+temple mountains, but it feels like weak synergy. All in all, it is a little tricky to use, but a 16 gem immortal with Bakemono shaman paths is hard to beat in gemcost.
Finally ignore all this and take an earth snek.
>>
>>167823062
If I do go Shinuyuma soon I might try one of these. Is Sloth bearable? Aren't Dai-Bakemono expensive in resources?
>>
>>167822581
>not posting pretender names
>>
this game is so fun and complex but sometimes its kinda overwhelming, still love it. i wanted a strategy game with deep mechanics and gameplay to fill the boredom and make my crippling depression bearable but sometimes i am like hours thinking, reading the manual, checking dom4inspector and mulling over all the possibilities when playing a nation. i always learn something new, how do you deal with the overwhelmingly large quantity of information?
also sorry for the bloglike-post.
>>
>>167823836
I have a job that involves overwhelmingly large quantity of information every day. Dom4 lets me relax and turn my brain off.
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FrogAndToad

New game for MA Atlantis to have fun.

Pologio is banned
>>
File: 1476139655813.jpg (104KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476139655813.jpg
104KB, 576x768px
>>167824059

Is this you?
>>
>>167824840
>game is named FrogAndToad
>zero caves for toads to make their good mages
gg
>>
>>167824963
You're right. We cave rhinos now
>>
>>167823214
>>167824840
biggame4u

To answer your question, you can actually reasonably expand with Kappa, but you can also actually get something out of not-sloth 3, unlike Yomi which basically only gets yet more of its 4res archers.
>>
>>167822581
So, is it normal for Agartha to not be underground? Really roused me by swapping the mapfile at the last second.
>>
>>167825481
It's the same map
>>
>>167825543
>Do 20 tests confirming the start in the caves 100% of the time
>game starts
>this is no longer the case

Somehow I doubt this.
>>
>>167825573
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4FvijWNFs7UMmVkQ2JoSXk5YWs/view

Was this the map you used to test? Because that's the map that is being used in the game.
>>
>>167825654
Yup.
>>
File: That's the map.png (11KB, 410x131px) Image search: [Google]
That's the map.png
11KB, 410x131px
>>167825691
Well...

I don't know what to tell you about your start and tests, because that's exactly the map.
>>
>>167825783
Really strange. Well, this will turn out either really well, or really poorly.

Just hope I'm not next to the cancer.
>>
won't anybody please post the pretender memes?
>>
Figured out what the issue is. The bonehead who made the map only set 1 cave start, when really there should have been 3 (4/5/3 all share the same number of land connections).

And since that cave has a throne, it made it impossible to spawn in caves. Thanks map maker.
>>
>>167826074
Why are thrones even placed before players?
>>
>>167826945
No clue, I didn't even know they were before this game. I bet that fucks up a lot of pre placements to be honest.
>>
>>167826074
It was Elmokki.

I'm willing to do a restart, but there's I think 2 cave provinces on the northern end of the map so you shouldn't be THAT far from one or the other if you need caves to do your premium strat
>>
>>167827749
Eh, a quick restart would be nice - its mostly certain things were decided in pretender selection based on a certain start loc (looks toward sloth scales)

The effective -10% income hit hurts too though. I was more just initially shocked it could happen at all, since I didn't know thrones were placed before players.
>>
>>167827971
You got it my dude.
>>
>>167827971
>>167828002
Are you guys not posting pretender names just to hurt my feelings?
>>
>>167828107
I'm not playing in this game.
>>
File: Pretenders.png (425KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Pretenders.png
425KB, 1680x1050px
>>167828002
Thank you very much. In exchange, I promise not to bid like 200g on the mercs like I planned on initially.

>>167828107
The pretenders.
>>
>>167828484
H-he's fast with that S3...
>>
File: HisSmileAndOptimism-Gone.png (384KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
HisSmileAndOptimism-Gone.png
384KB, 600x632px
>>167828484
>Mari's pretender is named The Pannion Domin
>Sy's quadbless Mari was named The Pannion Domin
I'd rather start next to Ermor, desu
>>
>>167829342
Don't worry. I'm not playing
>>
>>167829342

Imma just say that I'm not Sy, but you're not wrong about wanting to start next to Ermor.
>>
>>167795667
how much of a hp and strength boost do you get when you cast Enlarge?
>>
>>167829826
The manual is a bit shit, but it and CONTRL-f are good.
I don't have manual or I'd post the answer.
>>
File: 1478929909150.png (37KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478929909150.png
37KB, 640x400px
Marignon you slow bastard you bottleneck us every turn.
>>
>>167830879
Just kill him ingame.
>>
>>167830879
Just kill him in real life.
>>
>>167830879
just let real life kill him
>>
>>167828484
I honestly dont get why Nazca isnt used more often.
They are fun as fuck and good.
>>
>>167833592
expansion is difficult so people get discouraged from playing them when they test them out
>>
>>167833592
>>167824840
>>
>>167824840
I have an idea to make Atlantis work at least somewhat decently. I'll upload tomorrow. Nobody take them.
>>
>>167795667
>Who knew this was the official artwork?-edition
Fucking everyone.

This better be some meme I'm not getting.
>>
File: 1478469710630.png (136KB, 305x340px) Image search: [Google]
1478469710630.png
136KB, 305x340px
5 minutes Marignon you fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>167830879
just kill.
>>
>>167823062

What the fuckshit is this advice. How does Undying-in-battles keep your idiots alive against disease. How the fuck does this shinu expand, with what, dai baks in sloth to a massive 6 provinces? regular baks dying to every kind of indie? Is that a goddamn dai oni summoner god? Order when you're clearly going up conj and therefore want to be able to summon oni? Building shammies but no Magic? Or do you mean sorcs?

sfhjdfkldsjaklsfjhispjeapodjkldgjsskjaakljgshlafsk
>>
A fucking random event flipped the dom on my cap.
Fuck this game. I was totally making a comeback.
>>
>>167823836
it's not so big and you can always use the dominions 4 mod inspector to browse content when you need it.

what you really need to learn are what are the most used spells, but you will quickly learn it after a few turns.
>>
>>167836703
t. MokouMarignon
>>
hello /domg/.
i want to start doing commentary and uploading shitty videos on youtube as my new game start.
what programs should i use on my craptop?
what kind of setup and format do you suggest?

how do i get over the fact my voice is cringey and i only have bad mics?
>>
>>167837064
Your voice?

Confidence and talking to yourself. I understand the two do not usually go together.

Bluntly: don't pull a Sy and warble all over the place. Although Sy manages to pull his warbling off because it's cute.

>bad mics
Get a good one. They're cheap enough.
>>
>>167837064

Dunno about software, but as for format it would probably be better to do a video for each turn after you've done it, so you can cut out the twenty minutes of carefully spacing communion slaves on the battlefield and just show the interesting bits.

You'll also definitely want at least a five or six turn delay on videos compared to where the game is actually at, otherwise you're giving information to your enemies.
>>
>>167833745
I really like Nazca but already played it twice and I don't want to become Cirno.
When is waifu-ing a nation acceptable?
>>
>>167837064
>how do i get over the fact my voice is cringey and i only have bad mics?

Do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQXD7kokzw
>>
>>167837064
Don't.

We have those already. What we need are in-depth discussions about decision making. About making nation builds and pretender builds, about judging units and commanders. About basic strategies like thugs/SCs, too. We don't even have those -- I had to figure that out through the power of this general's memery.
>>167837285
Genius.
>>
>>167837556
>>167837064
>We have those already
no we don't. you can count english MP games uploads on the fingers of two hands hand, probably most nations aren't covered more than once.

>What we need are in-depth discussions about decision making. About making nation builds and pretender builds, about judging units and commanders. About basic strategies like thugs/SCs, too. We don't even have those -- I had to figure that out through the power of this general's memery.

we have some of those and i intend to talk about those topics along the video, but i can't help it if i am a shitter and the actualy 5 pros we have don't make videos.
>>
File: 1452200123644.png (81KB, 283x179px) Image search: [Google]
1452200123644.png
81KB, 283x179px
>>
>>167837939
I meant that they existed, not that we did not need any more. More would be good, just not as good as more tutorial-focused content.

I haven't seen those. D'you mind linking them?
>>
>>167839679
>https://www.youtube.com/user/Maerlande2/videos
>https://www.youtube.com/user/tokshen
>https://www.youtube.com/user/itsmu
>https://www.youtube.com/user/Alcoway
>>
>>167840219
>Maerlande2
>itsmu
>Alcoway (Sy)
These all do what you want to do.
>Tokshen
Same with him, except I also heard he has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>167837157
Um . . . . ?

But honestly, at least Sy's video have real advice and not: "here, take this W9 erf snek" like some videos.
>>
>>167840912
Sy's are the best I've seen. He goes into a lot more detail than the LP descriptive "so I moved these guys to this province to conquer it", instead explaining why he's moving those kinds of guys to that province and why he's conquering that province to begin with.

Shame he's done like ten videos.
>>
>>167841192

That's the problem, I guess. If you're going into more detail and explaining what you're doing, it takes longer to prep the video than just going "I moved the dudes to here"
>>
File: 1438399441533.png (290KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1438399441533.png
290KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>167842630
no pythium?
>>
did everyone start with 2 provinces? i didn't expect this.
>>
File: 1471232576182.jpg (1MB, 1024x984px) Image search: [Google]
1471232576182.jpg
1MB, 1024x984px
>>167796768
>Another new Yomi player falling for the Tengu trap
>>
File: 20170209084727_1.jpg (139KB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
20170209084727_1.jpg
139KB, 1600x838px
Yeah I came to brag about it. Take that you bully. No N9 shroud.
>>
>>167843873
how do ozetotl ever not kill a golem? were you doing some sick 10 squares trampling?
>>
>>167844194

Ozelotl have one +2 damage attack and two +0. If he slapped an Armor of Knights on the thing, then it'd be beyond their ability to reliably damage, even with the strength boost from B9. Golems don't have to worry about high-fatigue critical hits as well.

Damaging hits would still get through of course, but presumably not enough before autorout.
>>
>>167837064
As far as software goes Open Broadcaster Software isn't exactly state of the art but it let's you screen capture and record for free. Just google it and it should come up.
>>
How do I shinu? Can someone please tell me how to shinu?
>>
>>16784453Z
Armour of knights + luck. Starting from 80+ hp he went down to 30ish by the end. He also casted EQs and wasted time killing my boar chaff while my golem buffed up.
>>
>>167844534
He should have cast bloodlust, then.
>>
>>167845330

Golems are lifeless. They get no benefit from Luck.
>>
>>167844194
>>167845330
Whoops
>>
>>167845330
I hope you mean body ethereal, since luck does nothing for a golem.
>>
>>167845418
>>167845467
L U C K, not luck.
>>
>>167845909

Ah. Try an Iron Face next time. That'll put them beyond Ozelotl damage even with B9 and Bloodlust.
>>
>>167846043
I did. Was killed by an arch devil underwarer with ring of regen.
>>
>>167846547

Yeah. Arch devils will fuck up Golems. Iron Face + Armor of Knights is enough to ignore Ozelotl though.
>>
>>167809353
So I just did a test game and expanded fine with Kuro-Oni, so you're saying I should just mass a bunch of the little guys? I guess that would be super effective in early mid game with flaming arrows. Also I do see the value in gangs of Oni general and dai oni thugs. Especially when you get your national heros and can make blood stones for dai onis to RoS every turn without having to be near a lab.

I also tried a similar N9/S7/E4 monolith build and the rings were able to get my D4 dai Oni's summoning tarts. And with the N9 i had no problem with gift of health and the chalice. The tarts seemed redundant against the AI because they couldn't stop Dai-Oni but I think they would be super useful against other players.

>>167842805
Yea I'm starting to see the that the Tengu are not a good way to base your Yomi strategy. I think i no one would trade me an air booster, I would empower an A1 Dai-Oni if I had a surplus of air gems to get them (the mistform/trapeezing Dai-Oni would make it worth it), but now I'm thinking basing my pretender slightly around Tengu would be silly.

However I do so like the idea of an Air immobile pretender for the cloud trapeeze shenanigans with none of the magic duel vulnerability. [Spoiler]N9/A2/E4 Meme Irminsul might be my next meme game build[/spoiler]
>>
>>167847337

Immobiles can't cloud trapeze, if memory serves. Same deal with the other mobility spells. Just Teleport. It's why you don't see Irminsuls Faerie Trodding around.
>>
>>167847661
Booooooooooooooooooooooo

Well actually that makes a lot of sense now. I was sorta surprised it was something I had never seen before. Oh well I guess monolith dropping was the meme meta for a reason.
>>
Alright, interest check for a disciples game in MA.
I've never hosted a disciples game tho. How is nation picking normally handled?
>>
>>167848375
First people sign up, then the first team to sign up gets to choose nations, then the second and so on
>>
>>167848375

Snake draft works pretty well. Generally a good idea to organize teams before you get to nation picking. Randomize the order and shit.
>>
>>167848527
>>167848375
snake drafting is a good idea, and to make it faster you could just have everyone tell his preferences(top 3 nations he wants to pick) for the round, perhaps in a private message, so you could assign them all in one whoop instead of having everyone waiting in a line.
>>
File: 20170209162635_1.jpg (193KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170209162635_1.jpg
193KB, 1680x1050px
Fuck you man, I hoped you would wipe the floor with me, so I could finally go AI.
>>
>>167839616
>I'm sure to win because my speed is superior
>>
>>167849052
Occultist buttressing.
>>
>>167849794
wat
>>
>>167849052
>losing a war to someone who uses their pretender on offense
Next time buy a bow of botulf from a neighbor.
>>
>>167849817

Arcane assistance.

>>167850030

Where do you see a pretender on offence there?
>>
>>167850112
Is man not invading marignon?
>>
>>167850112
The fucking Tiwaz of War
>>
>>167850180
>>167850167

Defender's always below attacker.
>>
>>167850282
On the province level, yes, but this is marignon's last stand
>>
>>167825481
Hey, when did people start saying "rouse" instead of "ruse"? I've been seeing it over the last few days but I'm not exactly hip to the memes.

Unless you just can't spell or something.
>>
File: the joy of being elfed.gif (797KB, 844x475px) Image search: [Google]
the joy of being elfed.gif
797KB, 844x475px
>>167850880
>Not getting hot and bothered by surprises
You're missing out on 90% of what makes Dominions fun.
>>
File: 20170209170833_1.jpg (278KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170209170833_1.jpg
278KB, 1680x1050px
>this shit
>AI Atlantis killing a Skratti thug with Earth Elemental Spam
I'm not cut out for giant nations.
>>
>>167851553
>needlessly using skratti instead of a jarl
Stupid fag.
>>
>>167851683

Jarls are Size 5. They'll die to Earth Elemental trampling just as easy.
>>
>>167851683
>needlessly
Nigga, those were my first two Skratti. With another one fending of atlantis raids (not anymore) and with enough gear for another one.
I'm not sure if Cons4 is enough to properly gear a Jarl.
>>
>>167836157
Heaven sends forth innumerable gifts to nurture Man.

Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.

Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.
>>
>>167798708

I'm an emergency sub for one of the teams and everything is private business on Discord, it seems.

It seems they had to restart twice or something because the map is fucked up. Amusing.
>>
>>167821538
>>167822687
where the fuck do I get worthy heroes 5.8
>>
>>167856187

The fucking link
>>
>>167856389
didn't work
got me a folder called 5.7 that unpacked into 5.6
>>
>>167857127

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B51DS6LWagFTTzJScE9MWDEySDg/view

Jesus fucking christ how hard is it
>>
>>167848375
When are you doing this game? I would possibly want to join.
>>
>>167857245
post #3 http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3237
"the file is still named 5.6"
that was when I downloaded it
the version in-game now is updated

when I googled it I got 5.6 as the only result

so yeah fairly difficult
>>
>>167857621
The file for 5.7 was named 5.6

The file for 5.8 is named 5.8
>>
>>167837157
>Bluntly: don't pull a Sy and warble all over the place. Although Sy manages to pull his warbling off because it's cute
Sy's videos are watchable because he just has a nice voice. His videos are good because he is good at Dominions. They could be much better if he practiced or wrote a script, since he seems to just be doing these in one take.
>>
>>167857857
>Sy's videos are watchable because he just has a nice voice
I want Sy to read me bedtime stories.
>>
>>167857857
His voice is kinda annoying to listen to, but it's OK because he never lowers the game volume enough to hear him clearly
>>
>>167823062

am i having a stroke
>>
>>167851683
skratti are recruit anywhere, and have built in regen, 20% with shroud. You don't make 2 and call it a day, you make one from every fort you have with a shroud, VS, brand and either a barkskin amulet or stone boots depending on what you're up against. You just can't do the same with Jarls
>>
>>167860895
At least you can actually win battles with jarls.
>>
>>167860963
Skrattis raid PD and armies with low mage support, or they support your own armies of wolves and draugr. They aren't SCs, they're thugs. Jarls are SCs, but not very good ones
>>
Taking any donations of gold to beat back this Atlantis menace. Unless you want them to control all the sea, please feel free to donate to your local campaign office.
>>
>>167862210
fuk u
>>
File: 1310729189996.jpg (14KB, 150x155px) Image search: [Google]
1310729189996.jpg
14KB, 150x155px
>>167862465
>>
>>167862541
ur gross
>>
>>167862613

That's actually very racist you know. Tentacles is a natural and beautiful part of our race, beloved by many coastal living women.
>>
>>167862805
ew
>>
>>167860963
If you purely use Jarls you will get countered and then you'll be down an SC/High tier Thug
If you use a mix of Jarls, Skratti thugs and Skittle batteries you will have a much broader set of abilities that needs to be countered effectively

And that's the key thing really; if you only ever use one thing you're gonna get countered like the chump you are
Skittle Batteries are the best option of all three for that reason; it adds a massive amount of diversity to the mage tactics available to you (including Jarl super-casters ofc)

never just go "hurr-durr one thing is clearly best option so I'll only use that"
you'll eventually encounter a cheap counter to it and then you're fucked
>>
>>167862210
>Squids are losing despite having a type advantage and destroyed two armies when Atlantis staled

Not gonna shovel good money into a bad investment
>>
i know abysia(VanillaNewbs) had some irl problems but he's been stalling for a while now.
admin can you do something?
>>
>>167863640

I'm holding my own, but I'll take any investment to turn the tide. Atlantis is much bigger than me, so it's a good deal if you want to keep them busy.
>>
>>167864580
>I know someone has problems outside of their control in real life
>but I'm an asshole
>admin punish them for it
kys
>>
>>167864950

If you're staling multiple times in a row because your life is getting in the way of doing turns then tough shit, you should have asked for a sub earlier.
>>
>>167866732
You're so much of a NEET you don't have anything to do but wait for this game.
>>
>>167866823

I work 45 hour weeks and still get my turns done.
>>
>>167866901
Yet you have so little to do that you get buttmad when you have to wait for this game.

That's worse.
>>
>>167864730
Personally I wish you'd both stop fighting and help against the Machaka/Xibalba alliance. Both have 2 caps, and Machaka has garnets.
>>
>>167867154

Do you think I'm >>167864580 ? If you're staling, you should ask for an extension, or ask for a sub, or set yourself AI.

If you've missed multiple turns, you've no grounds to complain when the admin sets you AI.
>>
>>167867192

I wouldn't mind an end to the fighting but Atlantis, thought he'd get some fried calamari
>>
>>167867310
I wasn't sure if anon meant stalling or staling given both work in context.

Do you think >>167864950 is Abysia?
>>
>>167867583

Oh. Fair enough then. Getting annoyed at someone for "Stalling" in a PBEM game is retarded, and I have no idea why it's even a thing. If you're missing turns, fair enough. If not, what's the problem?
>>
>>167846849
Normally. Only if Xibalba doesnt have 70% of provinces with 200+ stacks of ozes running around he can just keep sending them until my golem finally dies to some lucky crits. It's basically over, but we're still fighting the good fight.
>>
>>167868214
I.e the typical nonsummoded xibalba game
>>
>>167869573

Let's be fair here. That's the typical summoded xibalba game as well.
>>
>>167870308
>>167868214
>tfw I am in this game and the guys around xibalba didn't gangraped him turn 1
>now the world is heading towards a blood magic apocalypse
>>
>>167864950
if i had a irl problem that doesn't let me play for 5 or more days in a row i think i would feel myself an asshole for not setting myself AI or asking for a sub.
or at least an extension.
>>
>>167873772
Same here, the only stalls I have are because I forgot or thought I had send the files when I didn't.
>>
>>167873772
I thought one of the players (assuming it's this guy) explicitly asked for a sub and said he had no internet for the next month
>>
>>167867192
I am happy to prevent a snowball if the nations who are larger than I am commit. But I'm not interested in attacking xibalba only for Ur and Vanheim to continue snowballing even harder against the little guys.
>>
I love ichtyids!
>>
>>167875281
Dude the bats are literally the scariest race in the game and should always take removal priority.
>>
>>167877183
t. elves
>>
>>167878353
Lel, elves ain't even in the top 5.
>>
>>167878353
Bats are just elves but they fly.
>>
>>167878353
Elves aren't scary unless they're Fomorian Nemedians; and then it's by merit of having their Giant Senpai's always lurking to step in and beat the shit out of you
Elves are just ridiculously annoying

Fucking Fomoria though
>>
Is Community Clash a thing yet?
>>
>>167877183
Bats and birds. I personally believe birbs must be exterminated before bats.
>>
>>167878798

Pretty sure it's started, unless they've had more map fuckery. Pretenders got posted a couple threads back.
>>
>>167879117

Birbs are just bats without combat effective troops or useful national summons.
>>
>>167879213
Well, we're on a third restart now - hopefully this time enemy teams won't have adjacent capitals.

Like, is that so much to ask for?
>>
>>167877183
>Dude the bats are literally the scariest race in the game and should always take removal priority.

that could literally not be farther from the truth, especially under summod.
I will not deny that bats are in the upper half of good nations, but most of their merits are often unfairly exhaggerated to the point that no one can play that nation without being in complete diplomatic disadvantage and unfun alliances, just because people hate to play against stealth troops.
A good share of their victories come from the fact they are more complicated to use than good, requiring both tactical skill and the diplomancy to keep people from dogpiling you, and that leaves them only in the hands of better than average players, who raise Xibalba winrate.

it has been shown several times that bats troops are just as efficient at handling certain task as they are terrible at others. It takes 200 bats to take Yomi's 25 capital PD it isn't even funny.
people die against bats because they don't bother using their brain and understanding that they can be easily countered by using a slightly different logic than other matchups.

just fucking put all your stuff into a square with archers in the middle. DONE. one batholocaust happened. Just put 6 heavy infantries and 6 archers patrolling your in construction fort and some PD. here you go xibalba just lost his raid squad.Set up PD traps for his raiders and then march to his capital.

Did xibalba get magical support. AWWW BOOOH. what will his stupidass mages cast with FIVE fucking precision? everything will hit their bats and sacreds more than you. They can summon skeletons...but they do't work quite well with fliers flying ahead of skeletons, do they?
what about you put up your mage support and watch a single buffed earth elemental go onto a rampage?

scared of bats sacred freespawn? Rain of stones, storm, anti-demon spells, and with summod beastmastery and xibalba is uninstalled.
>>
>>167879816
bat troops, on their own, are unimpressive.

EA bats, the nation, however, is pretty nuts. The BEST expansion in the game, the BEST blood hunting, sacred blood summons (which effectively replace your actual zotz), and sacred freespawn. Their mages are good, and since evocation is really not at all a mainstay of most mage support, their precision mallus isn't even a thing.
>>
>>167879296
>birds
>without national summons
>the nation of infinite free paths via national summons
NANIIIIII?!
>>
Hey Japan, Malakal here.
Would you mind to get into the steamchat so we can discuss on details?
>>
>>167881407
t. Malakal
>>
>>167881407
Not until you admit that Nanking was a Chinese cover-up.
>>
>>167881020

Useful, I said.

The bird summons are great for diversity and all, but you don't see anyone saying Bandar Log is great because it gets universal access to paths with it's nationals.
>>
>>167881574
all caelum needs to be good is an air gem to astral pearl 1-1 converter ability like pelagia has
>>
>>167881574
Come on, you can argue on any nation not having useful national summons, but Caelum has a LOT of great summons.

They get access to fucking N5, F5, E4, S4 via their national summons. You can literally get any paths thanks those.
Also they have an acceptable flying-ethereal thug-SC chasis that is sacred ahd has paths to move in magic phase (mistform helps, but not later on).
>>
>>167882316

And that's nice. But Bats get a bazillion Ozelotl.
>>
>>167879816
>It takes 200 bats to take Yomi's 25 capital PD it isn't even funny.
Is this an argument in favor of bats, or are you unclear on how easy it is to amass them?
>>
>>167882645
That doesn't make birb summons not useful, though.
>>
>>167879816
In summod, the StR batobs and 2 res instead of 1 res bats makes their expansion only slightly above average, instead of "lol, 50 provinces year 1, come at me bros".

Without summod, I have had 0 issues transitioning to ozzies mid year 2 - its not even hard. Might take longer with summod, due to less expansion. Your early bloodhunting though is the best in the game thanks to cheap dowsing flying blood hunters.

Xibalba as a nation has an EXTREMELY narrow vulnerability phase - from around roughly turns 10-20, though this is hardly precise. Before then, the bat swarm can seriously fuck people up - after then and its ozzies.
>>
>>167877183
If they're that scary then Vanheim should be trying to remove them. They're much bigger than I am, and even better v bats. And they're better able to gank bats right now.

Instead, they are picking off their neighbors one by one while urging people to fight bats.
>>
>>167886318

I wonder who else is trying to pick off their neighbors. Hmmm....
>>
>>167886318
>Vanheim
>picking off neighbors
No shit, next you will tell me fish swim. Vanheim is on literally the other end of the planet and you are 4 provinces away.
>>
>>167886318
>Urging people to fight bats.

I have? Also, blame it on shillwinter for not giving my dorfs, and all the indie commanders I recruit, sailing as well. I can only wonder why they didn't.

As an aside, I will begin selling storm staves soon if anyone is interested (at 0 markup).
>>
>>167886318
Also, I simply could not let the opportunity to elf the same guy twice in one game pass. Shit like that doesn't happen in just any game.
>>
File: 1486649551100.png (178KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
1486649551100.png
178KB, 400x298px
>1am
>no turns
>>
>>167887573
>send in turn that got its 12 hour warning 5 hours ago while I was sleeping
>no new turn received
I had 7 hours left to send in my turn after a completely full day and still someone is slower than me
>>
>>167886908
Vanheim now borders xibalba just as much as they bordered Fomoria. Thanks to sailing, they are at least as capable of hitting bats as I am.
>>167886523
I am literally your only reasonable option for expansion. I'm not going to ignore that.
>>
>scripting for five big battles, takes like an hour
>wait 36 hours anxiously to see how they went
>only three of them take place
>two don't even trigger gem use so everyone goes off script turn one
>other battle effectively ends turn 2 due to a lucky rout
Oh well, at least I didn't lose anything... But I really am bad at predicting where my opponents will move, even when I have total scout coverage and obvious juicy targets. Attacking is so much easier than defending. Is there any secret to getting better at this other than experience?
>>
>>167888632
I literally cannot sail to bats at all. I'm adjacent to them at exactly one province in the caves.

Like, you do realize I'm eating Ulm atm, not Marverni?
>>
>>167889192
Just never stop attacking.
>>
>>167824840
I join if someone redpill me on asphodel
>>
>>167837234
same here
lets do a all nations are nazca?
>>
>>167889606
That worked for a while, but now I'm facing a coalition of all of my neighbors.
>>
>All this diplomonstering and posturing
>Not a single person changes their mind about anything.
Never change /domg/ never change. Only way you people get any deals done is by whispering sweet nothings in steamchat.
>>
>>167890083
I'll write up a guide when I get home.
>>
>>167890701
I just always try to kill bats first whenever I possibly can.
>>
Everyone that can attack bats should. But especially Machaka and Vanheim.
>>
>>167890697
You can always create a doomstack then make a beeline for their cap if you have effective thugs and raiders. basically just take everything their armies take the turn after they move and then keep enough back at your cap/forts that by the time they are forced to go for a decisive battle you've recruited an effective second army.
>>
>>167890835
Machaka is too busy fighting Oceania . . . who was fighting bats. i.e. Machaka is a devoted Bat ally.

Vanheim at least is eating Ulm, who had been attacking a player who bordered bats, and was gearing up to actually fight bats. Annoying and opportunistic, but not literally allied with bats.
>>
>>167890996
And to clarify I was assuming since you're at with multiple of themnyou're probably big enough to create more than 1 dooms stack. And of course do your best to turn them on each other.

/domg/ can't help but backstab each other. It's like the scorpion and the fox.
>>
>>167890802
dont you dare meme rouse me!
>>
>>167889454
>not adjacent
>adjacent in one cave province

What the fuck are you looking for?
>>
>>167891630
I own that cave province. I can sail there, but with Ulm living could do nothing else - not even fucking fly to it. And if you think I'm not going to need mage support beyond Vanjarls and Vanadrotts to fight bats, you're insane.
>>
>>167890996
>>167891320
Yes, I can effectively counter two of them at once with doomstacks and mage support, but not all four. My current plan is to knock out the weakest one with the bulk of my forces, set ambushes for the rest, and keep a constant back-and-forth of raiding provinces with bite-sized armies and solo mages the moment they move their stacks away to deny income. But it's pretty much become a stalemate, and that's not going to change unless I can decisively defeat their armies.

It's not a /domg/ game, unfortunately, and their alliance has been rock solid for 10 turns so far.
>>
>>167836703
black?
>>
What is everyone's favorite map, for SP, and in general?
>>
File: 1480800033251.gif (4MB, 357x270px) Image search: [Google]
1480800033251.gif
4MB, 357x270px
>>167891006
friendly reminder that oceania raided me first and bats have been nothing but fruitful, if the people calling for bats to be dead wanted bats dead they could have done it themselves, they are just trying to cover up remove elves
>>
File: my sadness very big.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
my sadness very big.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>167836909
Goddamn it Mari, I told you to preach that shit
>>
>>167894343
t. MokouAtlantis
I'll name a tartarian in your memory, friend
>>
Okay, Asphodel

So here's the story - they've got great cap only sacreds, freespawn that are effective early, and some midgame swarm and skelly spam stuff to make anything that has issues dealing with chaff have even bigger issues fighting you. They also have what are effectively freespawn behemoths from time to time, which opponents will need conj 5 elementals or similar levels of magic invested to counter.

Between their forest rec stuff and freespawn, they can amass a number of raiding parties on the cheap and use their units to fight effectively across a wide front, and between their centaurs and manikins they can make a versatile blob of units that requires multiple answers to counter.

The sleep vines on their manikin makes it hard to deploy thugs against them, since even a reinvigorating build will be quickly put to sleep, at which point anything can kill them.

Their end game is also fairly well built in, since they're a big D and N nation, which means Tartarians. Unlike other Tart oriented nations, they're more N focused which is nice since the ancillary costs to tarts (GoH and GoR) are typically actually a bigger expense than the D costs. A successful Aspho end-game involves Mother Oak up early, then GoH when you're nearing your tart production, WoM if you can manage to swing it, and lots and lots of crazy dead titans

Unfortunately, Aspho has a transparently weak midgame, as they lack the defensive edge of Pan's seducers as well as its buff paths. This means that Aspho needs to continue relying on its early game tools for much longer, which will steadily depreciate in value while its neighbors tech up, and the midgame magic that they do have is often countered by the same stuff that kills manikins. This means that you need to rely on snowballing hard within the first two years, overexpanding, invading someone early, and putting up an early Mother Oak, in order to have the resource edge necessary to take on other nations as they get their magic online (p1)
>>
Asphodel also has a particular terrible weakness to Fire Elementals. The flame shield applies to sleep vines, meaning that your manikins will wail uselessly on the multi-form elementals and kill themselves even more quickly than regular skeletons do. The only efficient answer lies in making water elementals of your own, which requires a rare double W random or access to bracelets at Cons 6. Naturally that's a big investment in research, especially considering that many F nations will beeline for Conj 5 to field fire elementals against even less particularly vulnerable enemies. Your best bet against fire nations is just going to be to out-raid them and dodge fights whenever possible. If they try to use solo mages with a handful of bodyguards, you can also deplete their gems with sacrificial squads (though its worth noting that you get far fewer dudes than Ermor or the like).

As far as pretender design goes, because you're a popkill nation your first dumps are going to be Turmoil 3, Sloth 3, and [Temp] 3. There's arguments for either temp scale, though I prefer cold in most cases. Asphodel's freespawn actually scales based on growth, so G3 will both let you keep some semblance of income in your dom longer (as your popkill is a fair bit less than Ermor or Lemuria's) and give you more manikins throughout the game. However, since Luck and Magic are your sources of events and vital RP for summoned and recruitable mages alike, Growth would be the fourth scale to drop if you needed the points for a more Ermor-like build.

As far as your pretender goes, there's a bit of a variety available. W9 makes your centaur both significantly killier and harder to kill, which helps in using them to grow huge and kill someone quickly. N9 helps making them tankier, so they can live to use their berserk and more importantly makes N globals easier for you to keep up (and Mother Oak is mandatory). You can also opt for a rainbow-ish build if you know what paths you want, but rainbows suck.
>>
>>167894343
>>167894826
i tried!!! i couldn't do it quick enough
thank you friend! and good luck
>>
>>167895287
>>167896012
Some time ago I came up with a build but never tested

Imprisoned dom6 frost father. T3S3C3G3L3M3 A4W9E4D5 and 15 points leftover

What do you think about carrion lords thugs?
>>
>>167891006
>Ulm, who had been attacking a player who bordered bats, and was gearing up to actually fight
The only parts of this that are true is that ULM attacked marveni, and marveni bordered bats. It was fully established that marveni was already fighting someone else, and had no way to contribute v bats.
>>
As far as research goals go, you want Alt, Ench, Conj, and Evo. Ench gives your core battle magic, whereas Alt gives you Mother Oak and some useful utility spells. Conj and Evo are somewhat niche, and used to answer particular enemy tactics.

Conj 3 gives Wild Tangle, a scaling ensnare effect which is nice for your big N mages similar to how E nations love Earth Meld. Evo brings sleep cloud. Both of these are basically used to answer stuff that kills you too fast.

Alt 4 gives swarm and Alt 5 gives Mother Oak and Wooden Warriors. You want this if it's safe to take early, basically. If you need your battle magic online sooner, you go ench.

And yeah, ench is where it's at. Ench 5 gives foul vapors and horde of skeletons and ench 6 gives rigor mortis and grip of winter. Once you hit this point, many of your opponents' early game armies will stop working entirely.

>>167896307
Carrion Lord Thugs are solid raiders with their stealth, high HP pool, and built in resistances and recuperation, but they have poor combat stats (8 base att/def) so they don't fight enemy thugs well unless the enemy in question is vulnerable to sleep vines. In general, though, Aspho just doesn't need thugs. They raid/counterraid with squads of units (potentially stealthed). I'd only really bother with a Carrion Lord thug if you were fighting someone that went AI or a player that similarly used huge blobs of chaff with minimal and poorly scripted mage support.
>>
>>167896714
Oh, and I forgot to mention Shadowblast under Evo. That's your only really good direct damage spell. If you're not winning a battle by running them over with centaur, odds are you're going to be fatiguing them out instead.
>>
Asphodel's fluff is pretty cool and you've sold me on the crunch. I think I'll try them out in my next game.
>>
>>167895287
>>167896012
>>167896714
somebody put this on the wiki
>>
>>167897601
no u
>>
>>167897601
>somebody else do it
This is why our wiki is as it is.
>>
>>167897663
>>167897778
Fine, if I mess something up, dont hold it on me
>>
>>167897961
We will :^)
>>
>set up beautiful new monitor
>use it to play Dominions

why can't there be any games this good with modern graphics?
>>
>>167898002
just let me make up a name as I am not registered yet
>>
IRON BLIZZARD
>>
should there be another japanese mythos nation
>>
>>167891006
>. . .
Oh my, who might it be?
>>
>>167901050
Someone who means to confuse me into thinking that by not attacking bats, Vanheim is practically attacking bats.
>>
Ulm getting elfed twice proved that he was a retard, but Vanheim's other neighbors better start ganging up on him while he's busy pleasuring steel maidens.
>>
>>167901895
My baser instincts washed over me, I literally could not resist.
>>
>>167894072
>2Golem
LMAO

2GOLEM!1!
>>
How is kichikuo going?
>>
>>167898158
Dominions with the graphics of The Witcher 3 would melt most computers.

dem seduction attempts tho
>>
>>167900643
Sure. And more Chinese and Indian too. Plenty to explore there compared to the overdone Norse and Greek stuff.
>>
>>167906002
Japan is fine but we don't need more representation from the unwashed hordes of continental Asia
>>
>>167900643
I want to know where the hell the 'MURICA! nation is.
>>
File: Xdk7YmD.png (24KB, 479x530px) Image search: [Google]
Xdk7YmD.png
24KB, 479x530px
hey anybody else troubled by the fact that nick plays on three different accounts and generally allies with himself each time?

think about it

fourthturning he is the admin so we can't say anything about it, and community clash "they" are all on the same team??

sometimes he pits himself against himself but i'm pretty sure nick is the leader behind the tri-diplomonster gang aranickzeon

remove elves
>>
>>167890083

Dump: turmoil, sloth
mandatory scales: luck, growth, magic
consider going to cold 3 since undead/manikins dgaf
high dom isnt super necessary, since you have cheap temples, but you will be on peoples radar so they will attack/raid your shit.

black centaurs expand like fucking beasts with w9, but are otherwise awesome. keep in mind you also get forest recruitment, so a satyr party can expand too. your startingarmy can blind expand if you're not surrounded by heavy cav.

also remember you can throne up pretty much any province with a fort + lab since you can summon an H3.
>>
>>167893607

For SP? Valanis. it's pretty, and has pretty much every terrain type. If im testing expansion for a specific game though, i try to use the map for the game.
>>
>>167908639
Nah, they're different people.
>>
>10
>>
Looks like community clash will be on its 5th restart soon.

This time Jotunheim was apparently placed on the wrong team.
>>
>>167908639
They're different people. They do know each other, though, and that seems to lead to collusion, especially between Nick and Aran.
>>
>>167913285
This isn't quite accurate - usually Aran/Nick start on opposite ends of the map, so they rarely do more than info trade. Oh, and spend hours in the steam chat conspiring against each other.

It's the Nick/Lukas tag team you need to watch out for. Don't think those two have ever fought in any game ever. And Lukas is always right next to Nick it seems - he's Niefel in 4th.
>>
>9
>>
>>167914137
>Oh, and spend hours in the steam chat conspiring against each other.
Ask me how I know you're Aran.

But seriously, you shouldn't expect anyone to believe that you're conspiring against Nick when you haven't been trying to get any of his neighbors to fight him when he's snowballing.
>>
Why are Machakans clean shaven?
>>
>>167918681
To smoothly steal your gf.
>>
File: urban youth.png (2KB, 32x50px) Image search: [Google]
urban youth.png
2KB, 32x50px
>>167918820
ey gurl
>>
>>167918968
That's a big club.
>>
>>167919010
uuuu
>>
File: 1483135024028.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483135024028.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>167886991
>>167887135

I got a lot of in-game messages about you invading me, so my guess is you are doing a lot of diplo.

Also Arco attacked me saying he needed to help you kill me, or my intransigence would result in bats taking over the world, so I can kinda guess at the content of that diplo.

That said, come at me, keeb. I'm gonna show you how we do it roundear style.
>>
>>167901895

You're assuming I didn't lure vanheim onto my lands purposefully. Once his vanjarls and vanhere are dead, skyrim will belong to the germans.
>>
>>167921517
>I got a lot of in-game messages about you invading me
>I still attacked a neighbor on my other side and got butt-fucked by elves that had attacked me before
that seems pretty fucking stupid, ngl
>>
>>167914137

t. nickaranzeon
>>
>>167914137
so why IS Lukas Nick's buttboy anyways?
>>
>>167921653

The messages arrived the turn I got elfed. Less than helpful. It would have been nice if I could finish off marverni before elves arrived, but it's fine. I got another fort and enough gold to spam more maidens, and that still puts me in a better position to resist them. I'd probably be in a better position if I was willing to do endless diplo but I just don't have the time (or the energy). Fighting off elves is way more fun, anyway.
>>
>>167921806
It just seems to me that fighting a neighbor on the other side of the elf bastards that you know attacked you seems dumb. You can still take provinces if the elves are fighting someone else, and if they're not then it's even more important for your troops to be fighting them since every province you take reduces the resources they have to invade you.
>>
>>167921517
Arco's, uh, attack was pretty funny. Ulmish PD apparently stronk.
>>
>>167906002
Actually we don't have much legitimately Greek stuff. Plenty of Roman and Roman accessories, but only Arco for Greece (which misses a lot).

Norse have cool themes but are literally shit aesthetically. And I don't think we have any haakka paalle Finnish autism a la kalevala.
>>167906585
Shit taste my friend.
>>
>>167926597
>but only Arco for Greece (which misses a lot).
And Pan and Asphodel and (sorta) Therodos. I'm a huge hellaboo but it's hard for me to think of more to add for them.

>And I don't think we have any haakka paalle Finnish autism a la kalevala.
That's actually a surprising omission now that you mention it.
>>
>>167926597
Aren't a lot of the generic summons greek?

Tarts, Kydnids, Kokythiai, All the clockwork and mechanical stuff...

And aren't a lot of the pretender chassis greek-inspired as well?
>>
>>167926884
That stuff's all "sorta". Plus I was thinking of actual Greece, rather than bits of myth used as inspiration for fantastic nations.

I'm actually a hellaphobe (othwerwise known as a homophobe).
>>167926960
Yes they are, but desu that's forgivable given the nature of European gods.
>>
>>167926960
Yes.

>>167927046
>Plus I was thinking of actual Greece, rather than bits of myth used as inspiration for fantastic nations.
Yes that's all more interesting to me than their mythology but it doesn't suit the game's focus.

>I'm actually a hellaphobe (othwerwise known as a homophobe).
Classical Greece was not nearly as gay as it's currently portrayed. Except Sparta. They loved boipussy so much they almost died from lack of breeding.
>>
>>167927129
Sure it does. Marignon gets inquisitors because it is inspired by Spain. Ulm gets barbarians in the beginning and bloodthirsty barons in the end because it is inspired by Big Bad Germany. Mictlan gets Jaguar warriors. LA Tien Chi is inspired by the actual Mongols. And given the nature of ancient Greece, their "actual" history is pretty mythological.
>>
>>167927226
And Arco gets hoplites, oracles, and philosophers. Later on phalangites and hetairoi instead. No triremes, but there's no naval warfare really now.
>>
>>167927304
Yes, Arcoscephale does exist.
>>
>>167927421
So what do you want added, specifically?
>>
>>167927529
I don't. I don't much like Greece.
>>
>>167927558
Thanks for your totally redundant and pointless addition to the conversation then.
>>
>>167927618
Thank you for making up for my own lack of contribution then faggot.
>>
>>167928754
That's what your mum said when I fucked her raw
>>
>>167928890

his mum's pretty badass then

10/10 would hatefuck

>>167922283

I put that in there in case pan decided to attack at some point. was sick of losing battles I shouldn't have been losing against crappy units.

>>167921946

Couldn't push the forces I had through that choke. Vanheim works off the cap mostly. Attacking the cap leaves you vulnerable to sail raiding on this map, as well as causing them to defensive movement trap your ass. I preferred to get big and hope elves would be busy elveswhere. And then kill them later with real magic and more troops.
>>
Could somebody let me know where bat country is?
>>
>>167930905
The sea
>>
>>167930982
I knew that already.
But where is his cap?
>>
>>167931210
dont worry
we are already onto that
take care of the sea
>>
>>167931736
>Oy vey, don't worry about it goy.
t. Bats
>>
>>167931804
REMOVE ELF
>>
What's the point of pillaging
>>
>>167932684
raising unrest in a province you're not gonna be able to hold to spit in your opponents eye is about the only real use for it

blood hunting is the better way to do that though
>>
>>167932684
Guerrilla economy-damage when you don't expect to hold raided provinces.
>>
>>167930905
hey ctis, your friends the dead birds are asking for a shambler skin armor
you know what he is going to do with that :wink:
>>
AbsoluteMAdMAn has started
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AbsoluteMAdMAn

just in case Mictlan didn't notice it, it's set to host in just 20 hours.
>>
>>167933321
pic related
>>
>>167932684
Quickly raising unrest before an important battle as Yomi or Lanka.
>>
>Sniffleheim has gone AI
>immediately attacks me
>trying to push Atlantis off the land
>Arco's last two Oreides making a nuisance of themselves
Ag fok
>>
File: Astral Corruption.gif (306KB, 960x336px) Image search: [Google]
Astral Corruption.gif
306KB, 960x336px
>>
>>167932684
Forcing someone to attack you by doing it in their cap ring.
>>
>>167936650
I never noticed that it's Ulm. Always assumed it's Mictlan/Xibalba pulling off stupid blood spells.
>>
>>167937678
I thought it was MA Abyssia.
>>
File: 1476588135529.png (23KB, 387x497px) Image search: [Google]
1476588135529.png
23KB, 387x497px
Can we just forcehost?
That guy is chainstalling as you know.
>>
>>167930019
Getting through the choke isn't that difficult. Either use amphibious items, or stealth. Or both. That's what AT ULM did.
>>
>>167932684
getting money and collecting salt when you have 0 income and no chance to come back
>>
>>167933914
A damn shame. Was it because he's getting defeated or rl concerns?
>>
it's because he knew domg was dying and abandoned ship
>>
File: 20170210165611_1.jpg (117KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170210165611_1.jpg
117KB, 1680x1050px
>sitsearch your provinces they said
>>
File: 1474576714961.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
1474576714961.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>>167943149
>story events
>>
Does chaff help against soul slay spam, or will the still target your highest HP units first?
>>
>>167943380
Some "chaff" has high HP, and there's always a measure of randomness in spell targeting.
>>
>>167943380
t. niefelheim
>>
>>167943573
H-how did you know?
>>
File: 3VgTvxT.png (906KB, 1032x795px) Image search: [Google]
3VgTvxT.png
906KB, 1032x795px
>>167943634
>>
>>167943727
Nice Windows 98 m8.
>>
>>167943820
ty its for the aesthetic
>>
>>167940086
RL. He had no time for turns
>>
File: 20170210171847_1.jpg (129KB, 844x496px) Image search: [Google]
20170210171847_1.jpg
129KB, 844x496px
>>167943149
I don't want to fight that guy.
>>
>>167944489
Control Undead
>>
>>167945571
18 MR
>>
>>167945646
>he's never charmed throne titans
>>
>>167945646

Yeah, pretty low. You should be able to manage with a couple D mages easy, so long as you've got a skelespammer to keep him occupied while they cast.
>>
Where the fuck is Mictlan
>>
>>167945771
I'd still need a bunch of research.
I guess a bunch of sword barbarians would rout before beating that guy up?
>>
>>167944489
skeletons or elementals.
>>
>>167945896

Maybe? It's got shit for defence and prot, so forty Barbs should be able to take it out easily enough.
>>
>>167945896
yep
>>
>>167945896
maybe, it highly depends on how the fear checks will work out.
>>
>>167946038
it has fear
barbs have morale 9
>>
>>167946918

Fear only matters if it can force a morale check.
>>
>>167947103
Are you saying they won't get any?
>>
>>167947170

They might. But it's gonna kill one a turn tops, so two squads on a +1 morale commander should be fine.
>>
>want to play LA
>look at the inspector in search of a nation
>don't want to play LA anymore
>>
>>167947397
Make a game and play them you fag. I'll probably join.
>>
>>167947103
>>167947170
>>167947236

friendly reminder that absolutely nobody knows how fear works.
>>
File: 20170210202728_1.jpg (441KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170210202728_1.jpg
441KB, 1920x1080px
This is what you get for making me stay in the game instead of storming my capital like a real man, my black skinned friend.
It's been literal weeks.
>>
>>167949642
holy autism
>>
>>167949642
cute earthquake spam
>>
>>167949795
I got mildly triggered by the amount of turns i've been in this game trapped in my capital.
And how long it took to resummon the dead god.
And the fact that he's just been sitting there with a fat army ignoring the possibility of being quaked.
>>
>>167949642
let this be a warning to nicknight in fourthturning
>>
>>167949642
cray autisms
>>
>>167950375
>air heavy nation
>caring about EQ spam
>>
>>167948215
I know that it visibly reduces morale on units at the same time that other auras tic.
>>
>>167933321
>>167933424
>>167945773
I sent him a friendly e-mail.

If we hit the 12 hour mark and he hasn't done his turn, I'll try to sub him out and set him AI if we can't find one.

So - anyone want to sub for MA Mictlan with an unknown build?
>>
>>167950856
Also, just as a general policy - I'm fine with granting reasonable extension not Lukas extensions - reasonable ones, but if you stale twice in a row you're getting replaced, be it with a player or an AI
>>
>>167950856

Can also Unstart and let another player take the spot with their own pretender/nation.
>>
>>167951173

I GUESS
>>
>>167950856
>>167950981
>>167951173
people often forget after signing up to a game, and the game was on hold for like 3 days before resuming its filling up, maybe he will remember when he sees it.
>>
>>167943380
Best and fastest solution is, for once in all of fucking dominions, to use crossbreeding. Place them slightly ahead of the Niefel Giants, and they serve as decent soul slay fodder.
>>
>>167944020
we have a problem with people leaving and not subbing

it's a shame I really like this game
>>
>>167940086
He said RL but he was also getting btfo by Ur.
>>
>>167951634
Yeah, it's possible that he missed the restart e-mails.
>>
Any games recruiting?
>>
>>167953663
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FrogAndToad

I started it since two people said they wanted to play, but since I literally just started another MA game, I might just delete it and make one for a different era
>>
>>167953758
God no, please keep it up, I've been starving for an MA game and I couldn't join AbsoluteMAdMAn
>>
>>167950981
Stop being mean with Lukas, he is based.
>>
>>167953960
>>>>>>>>>Nations joined so far:
>>>>>>>>>None
>>
>>167953758
>yet another MA game

When was the last LA game even?
>>
Haha, just kidding I'm a retard that can't into time.
>>
>>167954269
It's another MA game because one person posted about missing the game and wanted to play Atlantis (which I like) and a second person posted and said they'd be down to join the game too.
>>
>>167938128

I have a feeling AT Ulm was facing a considerably less competent vanheim and also hadn't had quite so many calamities.
>>
>>167944489

control undead, free giant fuckoff mummy
enslave mind or charm also works, he's not mindless
>>
>>167954269

Lucky Thirteen, probably?
>>
>>167954490
While all that is true, it's pretty irrelevant to the fact that ULM didn't have to force his way through that choke point.
>>
>>167954490
Actually it was because I subbed in for that Vanheim while they were all over in Niefel lands and that Ulm used teleporting and Air Trapezing Poison golems, Golems, and Tarts along with a lot of Boats to Sail from Fomoria (which they owned).
>>
>>167954637
Anything fun you can do with that dude?
>>
>>167955317
Make a light thug
>>
Do Firebirds stack with luck scales?
Is it better to stack them all in your cap, or spread the around in more secure forts?
>>
>>167955554
Firebirds are just very, very low impact. They do stack with luck scales. It doesn't matter where you spread them, because while they do stack with each other, they just don't do very much.
>>
>>167954490
This is sort of true - pretty much every Vanheim before me immediately attacks Niefelheim, basically without exception - though to be fair, most Niefels beforehand went AI within the first 3 turns.

Had Ulm pushed through that choke earlier he would have been easily destroyed with air eles and the full brunt of my forces, since I wouldn't need to move them very far, and thus wouldn't need to sack that much research. Really, the only glaring error he made was never putting up a secondary fort for some reason - yeah, he took one from Marverni, but if he had a second fort when I first attacked, I likely wouldn't have attacked in the first place.
>>
>>167954931
>>167954931
As AT Ulm, most of my forces arrived by sneaking them through the water using 1 gem amphibious items. I did use some other assets, but the bulk of the invasion snuck across the water ahead of time. I had about 200 steel maidens hiding in that bay before popping out to siege all of your forts, and another 200 that split between your west and Iceland.

My golems dropped on your capital and on one other fort (they were vulnerable to thugs, so I didn't drop them on provinces) and the poison golems mostly moved places to collide with your thugs and high pd provinces after the initial wave. The tarts were also second wave.
>>
File: unknown.png (294KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
294KB, 640x480px
>>167952771
>btfo by Ur
>>
>>167955554

Firebirds are independent of luck scales. They're a 2% chance per turn for a "good event". Meaning that they'll grant good events even if you have Misfortune 3.

On the other hand, they don't grant good events frequently, and the specific "good events" available with shitty scales is different to the events available with good scales.
>>
File: 20170210202410_1.jpg (212KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170210202410_1.jpg
212KB, 1680x1050px
Want to be able to grab both the Mountain Vila and the Beregina as LA Bogarus.

Is that an acceptable pretender?
Could use some scale advice, since I don't exactly know what Bogarus needs (their research is supposedly very good, so maybe those magic scales are wasted).

>>167957212
Inspector says "causes events" and "bringer of fortune", so they should be doing both, right?
>>
>>167957212
Does that mean 50 of them should basically guarantee a good event every turn?
>>
>>167957778
they make events 2% more likely to occur...sort of. And 2% chance to make an event to be good. But they aren't cumulative, it checks per firebird, so 50 firebirds won't give you 1 good event per turn
>>
File: 20170210203124_1.jpg (204KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170210203124_1.jpg
204KB, 1680x1050px
>>167957778
Maybe something like this?
>>
>>167957909

About 63% odds. The rolls are per-fortunebringer, so it's 50 2% chances for an event, not 50*2% chance for the chance of an event.
>>
>>167954269
If you want a late age game, you can always make one yourself yknow.
Be the change you want to see.

And also update the wiki.
>>
>>167957941
>>167957778
Bogarus likes an awake for expansion. Without an awake, you'll want prod 3 to be able to recruit enough kaniggits quickly enough to actually take stuff.
>>
>>167957941
Take awake or prod3 - taking neither means you're likely to die due to failed expansion.
>>
>>167958348
>kaniggits
You mean their heavy cav?
>>
File: 20170210204108_1.jpg (500KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170210204108_1.jpg
500KB, 1680x1050px
>>167958353
>>167958589
I'll be testing this then.
Thanks.
>>
>>167958589
Yes. They're expensive, but very good at expanding and fighting in general if you're somehow in the situation where it's melee v melee rather than crossbows and wizards doing all the killing.
>>
What are some great LA C'tis combos? I can't put together any of the beautiful MA C'tis ones.
>>
>>167959017
Banefire with tomb chariots in front of your banefire
>>
>>167959017
N9B9 sneks
N9 goh sneks
sneks plus banefire
sneks sneks sneks

You can also be >>167959226 this guy and get your entire army earthquaked in a single turn.
>>
File: banefire.png (1008KB, 763x1080px) Image search: [Google]
banefire.png
1008KB, 763x1080px
>>167959017
>>
>>167958770

Son of Fenrer is roughly 58 odd points cheaper, while the demilich gets you all that plus d3 and 42 odd points left over. the eldest dwarf is also about 49 points cheaper, and lets you craft cool shit.

consider a chassis other than the volla, is what im telling you.
>>
>>167958770
Volla is used for W9N9, not pseudo rainbow
>>
>>167958770

An dom5 awake ormr can rock the w2e1n3 and o3p2c3g3mis1, letting you have an awake expander and have enough production scales to make more expansion parties.
>>
>>167960645
>Son of Fenrer is roughly 58 odd points cheaper
>demilich gets you all that plus d3 and 42 odd points left over
Less slots. Can't hold the boosters I need.
>the eldest dwarf is also about 49 points cheaper, and lets you craft cool shit.
That one is actually cool, although I'd have to look up what I can craft with him, that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
>consider a chassis other than the volla, is what im telling you.
I like the extra gems.

>>167960764
No.

>>167961018
I'll test that, thanks.
>>
>>167961018
>>167961572
I'd have to take n4 on him since he can't hold a thistle mace.
>>
>>167960645
Dwarf might actually be the coolest once, since he can craft his own earth boots and then a dwarven hammer.
>>
File: andrew jackson.jpg (2MB, 3465x4337px) Image search: [Google]
andrew jackson.jpg
2MB, 3465x4337px
>>167959226
>>167959226
>>167959450
>>167960313

So my best combo is one spell? That's kind of what I figured.
>>
>>167963110
Well LA Ctis is kind of geared towards banefire.
>>
>>167937985
I told you, I had to drop out.

My internet is busted and I'm stuck using my shitty netbook.
>>
>>167959017
Darkness, plague, and skelspam. With snakes and banefire.
>>
>>167963527
We know, we just wish you had set yourself AI.
>>
>>167963652
I thought the admin was supposed to do that
>>
>>167962315
consider a dom6 o3p3c3g3mis1mag1 eldest dwarf
with w1e1s1n3 with 69 points left over and dormant.

gets you all the water boosters (bracelet and robe), earth boots, dwarven hammer, starshine skullcap, crystal coin, moonvine bracelet, treelord's staff and thistle mace.

effectively giving you a w3e2s2n5, giving you mountain vilas, begerinas and leshiy's.

you can tack on a3 with the remaining points, giving you all the air boosters and cloud vilas.

the extra gems are nice, but crafting everything you'll ever need and allowing your mages to summon stuff (you have no access to air boosters otherwise for instance) is a lot better.
>>
Is Japan around? The steamchat and me are waiting you.
>>
>>167963778
Only when someone drops out without saying anything.
>>
>>167963110

Literally all of your casters are sacred, and Tomb Wyrms are phenomenal blockers. E9N9, ExN9, or N9B9 are all great. Sauromancers can throw Banefire, Skelespam, put up Darkness, and many other such things. A D4 Sauromancer with an E9N9 bless can spam Horde of Skeletons fucking forever.

Banefire is a very, very nice evocation, but it's far from the only thing you can do.
>>
>>167963974
I don't think I can set it to AI. Try and get the admin to do it.
>>
>>167964218
You totally can. Its like the first option and everything.
>>
>>167963782
Dem dworfs m8.
I mean I didn't even know they had this pretender.
Thanks.
>>
>>167963782
Well and even enough points for 1 more point in a 1 or 0 path.
>>
Hey Scotland,

Get in chat.

t. EU
>>
>>167969298
I'd go D. You have only D1 natively, so you might get some use out of a skull staff maker if you don't get a hero.
>>
>>167969472
Yeah I thought so too.
Blood Stones would be too much of a hassle to setup and blood economy is something rather uncommon for them (would be way too late anyway), given how much better ones are in LA.
And you can't quite get the S for the rings.
>>
>>167969189
>>167963782

as a follow up, if you go s1, you should try to avoid any combat scenarios involving enemy astral mages, since mindburn is a motherfucking bitch.

that being said, the access to crystal coin, moonvine bracelet, clam of pearls, etc makes the s1 probably worth it.

>>167969769
Bloodstones are almost always worth it, but i think being able to craft skullstaves wins out. you can always empower in blood easier than empowering in death. bogarus does have sort of a blood economy they can get going and shouldn't be totally ignored.
>>
>>167970048
>bogarus does have sort of a blood economy they can get going and shouldn't be totally ignored.
By this you mean "Bogarus is a blood nation and can generate 200 slaves a turn when it gets to a decent size."
>>
>>167970048
I thought of that, but thinking of it now, bogarus has lots of S mages, just stick the tiny dwarf next to a big S mage in battlefield formation at ALL times. better yet, put 2 big S mages in the same square as him
>>
>>167954645

Fuck you Sy I was enjoying that game
>>
>>167970618
soz
>>
File: Gladiator.jpg (31KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
Gladiator.jpg
31KB, 660x350px
Death matches are fun, right?

Would a short game that's decided by arena wins be fun too?
>>
File: Dom1.png (109KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Dom1.png
109KB, 500x282px
Whats up with DSDS 2? Why is no else joining? Should we recruit randoms? Join you faggots lets have another glorious game without stalling!
>>
>>167972720
>Would a short game that's decided by arena wins be fun too?

>5 years later
>no arena fights
>>
I see that Ur has been punished by Acroscephale.

>We had to take the throne that belonged to Ur for the sake of regional balance. Sorry philosopher kings.
>>
>>167972771
Is that a newb game?
>>
>>167972771
>doesn't link game

>>167972917
>those guys are fighting eachother when they should be fighting you
Everybody is going to be punished.
>>
>>167973021
I honestly don't know. DSDS 1 started as one but we learned much and some guys (for example Niefelheim) got really good. I'm still mostly noobish. We planned on having the same people play the same nations in MA, so consult with Caelum - the host, before joining.
>>
>>167973118

I'm a factor of regional balance. Our bird religion is a religion of peace.
>>
>>167972720
Wouldn't some nations have a really big advantage over others?
>>
>>167973418
Yeah I'm sure we'll see that peace when you'll do a 360 no province on your neighbour and break their cap next turn.

>2017
>letting birds live
>after he started an early war and got pushed back
>letting him eat a chainstalling player
>WATCHING ALL THAT AND DECIDING TO ATTACK THE OTHER NEIGHBOUR
This is a newb game alright. I just hope they learn.
>>
>>167970563

that's not at all how that works, but having a bunch of s mages on the battlefield will definitely mitigate the risk. a better plan might be trying to avoid having it ever in battle if you can afford it, considering you don't have a bless worth "auto-blessing" all the sacreds, you don't have great sacreds, and you have recruitable h3s that can cast divine blessing.
>>
File: toucan8.jpg (196KB, 430x279px) Image search: [Google]
toucan8.jpg
196KB, 430x279px
>>167973689
I was not pushed back per se. I just let Abysia walk into my prepared position because I knew that he would go for my throne. Ur joined in but he later retreated when Abysia got rekt. Also, I offered Abysia peace if he ceded some territory. He flatly rejected even though he had no hope of keeping these territories. Now I'm next to his cap. I assure that I plan no further expansion, although I will severely punish anyone who tries to interfere with our bird business.

>Abysia kills my prophet in a bump
>I'm okay with that its my bad also
>Makes threats in message for me to not expand "in his direction" or else I'll get rekt
>Wonders why he got birded and organizes dogpile
>Gets rekt
>I offer him peace if he cedes some territory he can't hold anyway
>He tells me to suck dick
>pro /domg/ diplo
>Bird lives matter
>>
>>167973505
Yes.

This is Dominions.
>>
>>167956797
Ur is really good. I don't get the hate.
>>
Why sometimes my mages don't trigger the gem scripted spells and cast what the fuck they want?
>>
>>167974328
Well it's pretty obvious you'll win this game.
Enjoy, I guess.
>>
>>167974328
You should be gangbanged solely on the basis of your annoying mannerisms and memery.
>>
>>167933914
All who would live in a world without love are cursed in any case; but I, the last handmaiden of Euphileia, will do what I may to deepen your suffering.
>>
>>167974445
Yeah but I mean some people can send nifel jarls and other people can send what? werehyenas?
>>
>>167974730
I don't think its decided yet. And I'm not a good player, so I think that anything can happen. We'll see.
>>
>>167974698
Could you explain what you think their strengths are?

It looks to me like they have terrible troops, and mages which are best at buffing troops (not very helpful when your troops are shit). Their forts cost 1.5x-2x as much as other nations too.
>>
>>167973223
Oh I was in the lead because I was riding amazing RNG on site searching
I had a Mirror Wall Palace for A2S2 sorceresses with ?AWSD
I had a Whispering Woods (on turn 4 no less!) for N1?FAWEN2.5 enchantresses
I had a Crystal Citadel for E2S2 Crystal Mages that came with a free Citadel and Lab (fucking hell that site is good)
I had The Crypt Underneath which is a D3 gem site with a conjuration 20 bonus and is the only thing that let me reasonably cast Brood of Garm and summon Jotun Wolves
besides that the sheer amount of gem sites (and almost none of them nature gems REEEEEE) the Whispering Woods enchantresses paths allowed me to pick up in combination with Gygja searching

I probably am somewhere at a low intermediate skill level now but at the point where I was winning (or #1 in the game at least) my estimation of my skill level was waaaaay off
I fucked up hard for most of that game. Probably the only thing I did right was dedicating mage turns to site-searching efficiently.
After-action report has shown me how I SHOULD have done everything though and I've definitely learned a lot from my mistakes
>>
>>167975035
Troops are just for blocking. Take an awake expander FC, research Maws of the Earth, and then laugh as your foreign recruit armies destroy all the bless fags next to you.
>>
>>167973118
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=DontStaleDesuSenpai2
here you go man
noob-intermediate game
>>
>>167974721

gem usage is allowed only if the enemy army has big mages, a lot of equipment, or is huge. otherwise, people would just use a shitton of random raiding scouts to force mages to cast EQ or RoS against them.
>>
>>167975259
is this nigga 4reel?
>>
>>167975328

Damn skippy.

Mages won't use gems if the enemy army is too small or isn't "worth it"
>>
>>167975328
Yes actually. Seen it myself.
>>
>>167975131
Sound nice, I'm struggling in my game.
>terrible sitesearching luck, barely any gems for thugging/summons
>no goldevents whatsoever, struggling to recruit mages
>barely any military presence, just trying to hold the line until I hit research goals
>>
>>167975328
>>167975259
>>167975328
>>167975465
Not quite. You can trigger gem spending with any 4+ path mage, including h, carrying 2+ gems, and any unit with 20 gems or more of gear.
>>
>>167975249
Meh, already in two middle age games.
Although one it going horrible and I can probably drop it soon.
>>
File: fighting-gladiators.jpg (98KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
fighting-gladiators.jpg
98KB, 660x360px
>>167972848
>Create a mod nation
>Give it access to a national wish spell
>Admin joins as that nation
>Admin has a mage wish for arena battles every few turns
That'll solve the timing problem but it probably opens a whole 'nother can of worms.

>>167973505
>>167974895
>Wouldn't some nations have a big advantage over others?
There's not much I can do about that. Some nations will be very suited towards arena battles in the first year, other nations will dominate in year four, and a few nations might never do more than waste an enemy combatant's gems. I can only hope that OneAge and some other tweaks will provide enough options that even underdogs will have a good time.
>>
Someone give me a hint on Ashdod's midgame magic , please.
>>
>>167976834
If no one gets to you before I do, I'll do another post when I get home

t. Aspho guy
>>
hi!
wat mean dis??
>>
>>167978881
Probably means you forgot to attach an image, you dummy.
>>
File: msg.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
msg.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
>>167978881
>>
>>167979156
It means he is going to elf you, but forgot to do it last turn
>>
>>167979156
It means clench your ass cheeks, the elves are going in dry.
>>
>>167979156
it means he tried to attack you this turn but moved his units in sneak mode instead
>>
>>167979156
It means he wants you to think he's going to attack you.
>>
>>167979156

it means you're totally safe :^)
>>
>>167979156
>:)
>not =)
You're fine
>>
>>167978032
Is this actually a well known player? I'm just curious, because the aspho guide was pretty good
>>
File: 1465790263239.jpg (222KB, 838x390px) Image search: [Google]
1465790263239.jpg
222KB, 838x390px
>>167979306
>>167979327
>>167979472
>>167979597
>>167979749
>>167980974
baad
how do repel

grope in dis steam sayings fire elenenals & kooni
truth?
>>
>>167981876
y u typ lik dis>

fir lemtnlz r prity kewlguiz duznt afriad elf

yumi haz strongmanz kin fite rme by ihmself f u hav teh gere 4 ihm 2 ware. ifn no stil cast meny skely do fite 4 u but hard 2 say howmenny u knede wen not kno howmenny elfmenz or ar ele

fir elemetnal vry gud spell but cost gem and preshus caster nede spred out to win meny fite
>>
>>167982878
Probably ESL or dyslexic, my man. Or maybe just a gimmick.
>>
>>167983078
>dyslexic
That's not how it works
>ESL
Either Russian kid or Yardie.

Or snowflake who thinks he needs a speech impediment to be worth noticing.
>>
>>167975159
FC?
>>
>>167984920
*SC
It was a typo.
>>
>>167892218
Yep
>>
>>167985808
what i thought
pretty funny
>>
So, 3 people in 4th Turning have now deathbasketed the people who ate them. Is domg just beta as fuck?
>>
>>167986302
I never deathbasket. I would rather see all my wealth vanish forever than help someone else become Pankoman.
>>
>>167986302
Wait, who is doing this?
>>
>>167986302
you are salty because you cant sweet talk anyone into them giving their treasure to you
>>
>>167986302
What the hell? Either give it all to their biggest neighbor out of spite or spend it all in a blaze of glory defending your cap
>>
>>167986804
Salty about deathbaskets, no. There's a difference between deathbasketing, and deathbasketing the dude eating you. The latter is the second scummiest way to deathbasket (still doesn't beat crix).

>>167986750
Hinnom, TC, and Pan. Well, at least the first 2 had the excuse of being subs I suppose.
>>
>>167986804
Soliciting death baskets is considered bad manners. Deathbasketing isn't something that should be encouraged.
>>
>get my ass completely handled to myself after the enemy spent like 10 turns fooling around failing melqart raids

now the real fun begins

remember kids: always send a scout in before attacking a major fort
>>
>>167986975
Hinnom Subbed in, and the Sub attacked me before I attacked back, then later someone sieged their cap before I could and so they sent me all their blood slaves so I would kill the guy that is actually killing them. Same thing sort of happened with the other two too.
>>
>>167986302
deathbasketing the people who eat you is more legitimate than deathbasketing your allies.

someone who murders you SHOULD get claim to your (remaining) treasury on death realistically
>>
>>167986975
>>167986302
I did not deathbasket my enemy. I deathbasketed my overlord for his help dissuading enemy attacks and staying hours helping with me when i asked for advise
>>
>>167988070
I am honored that you considered me in such high regards. I will do my best to negotiate for your former home to be taken under the wing of my Great and Magnanimous nation.

Ur, The First City
>>
>>167988070
>overlord

beta
as
fuck
>>
>>167988482
wew lad

dare say, what's the proper term who one who rules over a vassal?
>>
>>167988628
"Daddy" is generally preferred.
>>
>>167988794
This desu.
>>
>>167988070
>>167988628
>not playing to win
If this isn't a long con leading to a back stabbing you should be ashamed.
>>
>>167988896
There is some value to playing to win the next game. Aran is both charming and skilled at the game and receiving his tender ministrations as he helps you formulate a strategy is a victory in and of itself.
>>
>>167989019
>playing to win the next game
playing diplo grudges/friendships is cancer
if you think it would be in your nations best interests to murder your friend you damn well better murder your friend
>>
>>167989019
Wow you're a beta ass faggot.
>>
>>167986302

Pretty clear indication on what players are multi accounting
>>
>>167988032
Unless you shove it all off to your allies (as was done IRL) or use it in a last stand (which isn't realistic at all but is fitting).
>>
>>167989198
Not really. If I were forced to sub into Archaea, I'd deathbasket the dude who killed me for the sweet release too.

t. Pan is just a noted beta bitch. But did domg expect anything more from Pan?
>>
>>167988628
Suzerain.

Still beta af. It's the concept that's beta, not the word. Althoug fuck, daddy's sexual enough to wrap around to alpha.
>>
>>167989138
They're just unfair on new faggots too.

Plus in such situations the objectively best strategy is to go full Afghan/Mongol and pledge to suicide-wreck whatever nation dares to attack you first, each and every game.
>>
Can we please let domgnatgen die already?
>>
>>167988896
there's a point were you receive enough damage it becomes clear you cannot win. doesn't mean you are out of the game and have to stop playing. you can keep fucking around, help someone else win the game, give yourself a meta / rp objective and stick to it till the game ends or just try to be as annoying as possible until you piss off someone hard enough they conquer you. bonus points if you research RoS and drop thug cast-retreat scripts on enemy army.

y'know, playing for fun.

that said, games like fourthturning don't lend themselves to playing for fun because they way it's designed makes it awfully compepetitive

>>167989019
aran please, have some decorum

>>167989479
tell me: how would I have won the game after ulm suicided on my cap and the only way I could get him off my back was siccing everyone else on both of us?
>>
>>167989746
I think next time I provoke a pile-on war as MA Ermor I'm gonna send out a message asking who was the diplomancer who organized it for this purpose

>>167989865
kingmaking is cancer
>>
>>167989865
That's fine.

Tell me, how many provinces has Ur taken from Ulm then?
>>
>>167989865
>there's a point were you receive enough damage it becomes clear you cannot win.
Fuck that, never say die. Sometimes the dice explode IRL too. Shoot for that 0.001% chance of winning and don't be a fag.
>>
>>167989865
>or just try to be as annoying as possible
Well done you did it
>>
>>167989138
>playing diplo grudges/friendships is cancer
I meant in terms of learning the game with the (slightly romantic) help of someone else.
>>
>>167989746
>the objectively best strategy is to go full Afghan/Mongol and pledge to suicide-wreck whatever nation dares to attack you first, each and every game.

Wait, I thought that's what the best strategy was?
>>
>>167990213
It doesn't work so well without the reputation.
>>
File: 1341730774072.png (102KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1341730774072.png
102KB, 320x320px
>>167990120
thanks bby
>>
So, I'm considering throwing up a LateAge game. Summod, worthy heroes - oh

and strictly 0 diplo outside of in game messages. You may use the in game message system, and nothing else.

Any interest in a game like that?
>>
>>167990258
I meant that's what you're meant to do.
>>167990328
Love it if it were EA and RP.
>>
File: DeathGift.png (490KB, 540x552px) Image search: [Google]
DeathGift.png
490KB, 540x552px
>>
>>167990414
no
>>
>>167990414
Largest I ever got was, iirc, some 2.6k gems worth in gems and items, including nearly 1k death gems.

Revenge of Flatus was such a silly game.
>>
>>167990067
ur and ulm weren't near each other when I died.

ur's role was helping me by making sauromatia think he was gonna eat me first therefore getting them off my back, and later with resources and sound advise to prepare against an incoming ulm attack.

>>167990085
i dunno i was clearly dead on the water in fourthturning,

I guess if you have the chance to turtle and design counters against the enemy you can try a late game throne rush

late game has several attrition elements to it, you make have destroyed one of their top player's armies but by that stage they will have several forts and be able to recover the losses on a couple turns. there's very little you can do unless the enemy is a glass cannon and you crush your way through several battles.
>>
>>167989865
I actually don't talk myself up much. I rate myself 2/10 for scripting, 1/10 for strategy, and 7/10 for diplomacy personally. There are a lot of people that are way better than me at the nations they play, and the ones I am good at are not the better nations. It's other people that think I am good because it's funny to say that. That or Nicknight needed someone else for everyone to talk about instead of his Dr. Pepper habits and spread the idea I wasn't bad at everything but talking to people.

I include the latter cause it was totally him that anon'ed about the death-basketing because he is keeping track of all death-baskets in the game, of which there have been 9 I believe.
>>
>>167990361
>Love it if it were EA and RP.
There's already two EA RP games going and one of them couldn't even fill up with RPers.
>>
I swear on me mum admin if u make me stale when my GPU fried while u hand out postponements like candy to other people I am going Ai.
>>
Lanka is chain-staling too. Has anyone noticed?

I hate too say it because I'm doing pretty well, but this game may be a wash.
>>
>>167991691
t. malakal
>>
>>167991691
Does your mobo lack an integrated graphics card?
>>
Can someone upload Meropis?
Was being hosted on Desura. Can't find it anywhere now.
>>
>>167992095
Obviously. I am on my phone also drunk because normie things. Pc in the shop.
>>
>>167975249
This is DSDS1 Mictlan. Sorry guys, but I have no interest or time to learn about MA right now. Maybe next time.
>>
Can someone upload the Archaea graphic? Fourthturning only links to the .map.
>>
>>167993027
just play ulm
no learning required

oh wait ulm is already taken
shit
>>
>>167976834

Not sure exactly what you mean by 'midgame', but sure. There's a few lists of 'good spells' floating around, just look at those next time, compare them to your national paths.

Your main mage is the Rephaite Sage, also your best researcher, which is why Scalesdod is good at all. It can do a bunch of stuff. The astral guys generally want you to research Cascades for them. Otherwise, they can be used as a pit crew for Adon thugs with Bthereal, Luck, and Twist (and then retreat). E and F is where most of your grunt is. They can both spam elementals (and fire + earth is an annoying combo), the E guy can drop legions, strength, and even Marble Warriors if you have it researched on your giants and make them a bit less fucking awful. The F guy can use fireball or falling fires (depending on target), so you have strong reasons to go Conj or Evo (or both), minor reasons to go Alt, Const, and (low) Ench.

Now the other mage it's worth noting is the Emite. He's a weird little dude. He mostly gets useful with more evo, as Nether Darts is a great spell (although nether bolt isn't terrible), bane fire dart can be useful (or banefire itself with a staff and some gems), and d2 = Shadowblast City, baaaaaby. The D/E guys I got nothing.

Then you have cap mages. Talmai Elders can thug or light SC with paths and gear, Zamzummites give you D access and sometimes heavy D access, which is.. weird. They can put up darkness when elemental spamming, or use rigor if you are skelespamming although if it's come to using zamzums as skelespammers you're in a bad spot. Mostly they can generate chaff for you if you have a D income. Longdead horse, or carrion reanimation. Talmai paths mean you can put up Firestorm, and your gileadites have armour and Fire Res 5, which is another Evo use, but you won't have many with the right random, so making skull of fire off a d/f Emite and (cont)
>>
>>167990980
>9
There have only been 9 people defeated. What on earth makes you think all 9 of them submitted deathbaskets?
>>
>>167976834
>>167993224

and using the F3 Talmai you get with the skull to boost him up to F4 so you can make a hat of fire, and then put both on a F2 Sage, will stop you from losing your only firestorm-capable mage and then crying tears of blood.

Using cap mages for battle duties is a bad plan, they are slow, painful to make, expensive, and eat people. Use cheap reph sages and emites for everything you can. Hell, replace your national troops with humans anywhere you can. Build any good indie mages you find. Giants are.. giant.

E random Reph Sages can thug but they need gear. Usually, armour, reinvig item, shield AND brand, which is absurdly expensive. But with all that, they are actually a fairly sturdy thug. If using less gear than that, just don't, and give them some gems and let elementals do the walking. A mage with a few gems to spam elementals is a 'thug' in his own right.

The E random guys are also good for Destruction, which is a great spell, and Ironbane, which is a less great spell. These can help your mans do damage, but more likely, allow you to use Falling Fires instead of fireball from your F2s. This can be very helpful vs some nations *cough*Ulm*cough* that otherwise eat giants for breakfast.
>>
>>167993707
Some people death basketed before they died. Lanka, Caelum, and Sauro didn't deathbasket as far as I know.
>>
I assume i shoulnt/cant talk about conquest of elysium here?
>>
File: julius.jpg (46KB, 212x320px) Image search: [Google]
julius.jpg
46KB, 212x320px
>>167983078
>>167982878
it's someones ERP account gimmick
also
"she"
>>
>>167994525

You can and you should although in my experience there isn't that much to talk about.
>>
File: bad money after bad.png (443KB, 1067x724px) Image search: [Google]
bad money after bad.png
443KB, 1067x724px
>>167864730
it's not a good investment,
>>
>>167994952
I suppose there's a lot less to customize. Then again you can talk a lot about civilization so i dont see why you coulnt about CoE. Though maybe its because im a massive Roguelike nerd.
>>
>>167989019
Aran isn't even above average in anything other than Diplomacy, anon.
>>
>>167996461
t. malakal
>>
>>167994525
>>167994952
I'm currently playing CoE4. I think of it as a rogue-like rather than a strategy game. So far it looks like it completely removes tactics and the only way to win any fight is with mage support and huge chaff numbers. But then again I've only played like 10 hours.

Which nations do you use? I've only been using Cultists. Literally everyone else suck. Nobody else has a reliable early, mid, late summons like cultists do. The only draw back to them I see is that they're heavily reliant on blood income and can't use any other income (for better or worse). I would like to be able to better utilize all the resources around me like mushrooms and shit, but there's no way to both collect or use them.

One fun hero was the troll giant. Starting with a SC was pretty fun. At least until you meet a competent mage support army then you're fucked. Mum is pretty cool.

Is there a way to resurrect heroes? I haven't read the manual yet because I want to try every nation for myself before I spoil myself with guides and shit like that.
>>
>>167997878
And by the way is there a way to deal with insanity on a necromancer? I would love to use a necromancer, but goddamn insanity sucks. Also I've noticed that when some troops are carried by some leaders, leaders lose AP. In the same way, I've noticed that some necro minions cause more insanity than others. Is it possible to maybe have others carry necro troops while necromancers just raise them? How does the insanity/sanity formula work? Do stronger necromancers (aka liches) get insanity immunity or something?
>>
>>167975159
What's your lategame plan?

What if you don't get lucky with earth gems, and need to use spells other than Maws to fight things?
>>
>>167998534
I dont play that dude but from what i can recall from a friend who does the lich and other form of necromancers dont get insane. thats the advantage of becoming one.

Although i must say i quite like the deamonologist's blood betting mechanic. I can say a dude im quite enjoying recently is the Baron. You get all kinds of different units, being able to reinforce towns is great and so is just spawning cheap units to defend towns so you dont have to part with some of your units like in a war of attrition agaisnt the idea of exploration. Also executing bandit hives is pretty neat unless your fighting a necromancer and you dont know that yet in wich case you gave him free deals.
>>
File: pelagian3.png (336KB, 797x600px) Image search: [Google]
pelagian3.png
336KB, 797x600px
>>
>>168000478
i see an eagle king, melqart, cylops, what are the other four?
>>
>>168001871
high priest of sun is the dude next to the eagle king, i think to the right of the cyclops is a niefel friend maybe? and then i think black skinned guy is abysian.
>>
>>168000478
Eagle King, High Priest of the Sun, Ba'al, Fomorian Giant, Niefel Jarl, Anathament Dragon, Pearl King
>>
I need all Dominions reaction images as quickly as possible.
>>
File: 1398567001673.jpg (25KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1398567001673.jpg
25KB, 399x388px
>>168004469
>>
File: 1389637531474.png (86KB, 532x312px) Image search: [Google]
1389637531474.png
86KB, 532x312px
>>168004469
>>
File: 1397427351558.jpg (200KB, 785x937px) Image search: [Google]
1397427351558.jpg
200KB, 785x937px
>>
File: 1400244302115.png (75KB, 376x357px) Image search: [Google]
1400244302115.png
75KB, 376x357px
>>
File: 1417018860747.gif (191KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
1417018860747.gif
191KB, 300x150px
>>
File: ea_abysia.png (212KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ea_abysia.png
212KB, 500x375px
>>168004469
>>
File: 1417024252703.png (175KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
1417024252703.png
175KB, 640x496px
>>
File: 1425559334291.png (77KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
1425559334291.png
77KB, 600x486px
>>
File: tips_horned_helmet.png (51KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
tips_horned_helmet.png
51KB, 370x370px
>>
File: 1425559602335.png (40KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1425559602335.png
40KB, 803x688px
>>
File: ea_atlantis.png (66KB, 375x324px) Image search: [Google]
ea_atlantis.png
66KB, 375x324px
>>
File: 1433351263289.png (87KB, 713x572px) Image search: [Google]
1433351263289.png
87KB, 713x572px
A favorite.
>>
File: pearls.jpg (73KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
pearls.jpg
73KB, 480x640px
>>
File: 1481280795222.png (117KB, 391x284px) Image search: [Google]
1481280795222.png
117KB, 391x284px
>>
File: computer.jpg (215KB, 538x800px) Image search: [Google]
computer.jpg
215KB, 538x800px
>>
File: bishop_fish.jpg (79KB, 362x400px) Image search: [Google]
bishop_fish.jpg
79KB, 362x400px
>>
File: how to win at Dominions.jpg (77KB, 674x588px) Image search: [Google]
how to win at Dominions.jpg
77KB, 674x588px
Not from Dominions, but for Dominions.
>>
File: ea_oceania.png (80KB, 368x303px) Image search: [Google]
ea_oceania.png
80KB, 368x303px
>>
File: Icthyid modders.png (94KB, 288x326px) Image search: [Google]
Icthyid modders.png
94KB, 288x326px
>>
File: bait.png (21KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
21KB, 199x200px
>>
File: ea_pelagia.png (92KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
ea_pelagia.png
92KB, 350x304px
>>
File: salt.png (260KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
salt.png
260KB, 640x400px
>>
File: 1465024669437.jpg (128KB, 676x673px) Image search: [Google]
1465024669437.jpg
128KB, 676x673px
>>
File: vitalism.png (300KB, 1114x835px) Image search: [Google]
vitalism.png
300KB, 1114x835px
>>
File: fg_evil_monkey.jpg (57KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
fg_evil_monkey.jpg
57KB, 639x480px
>>
>>167989974
>kingmaking is cancer
t. Diplomanlet
>>
File: ea_rlyeh.png (95KB, 442x375px) Image search: [Google]
ea_rlyeh.png
95KB, 442x375px
>>
>>167998870
>What's your lategame plan?
To get huge in the midgame and slap something together.
>>
File: ma_pelagia.png (59KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
ma_pelagia.png
59KB, 349x320px
>>
>>168006616
This.

My midgame plan is to get huge earlygame and slap something together for midgame too btw.
>>
>>168006778
Not even memeing. That's the best way to do things. Plans only survive the early game intact if you're really lucky.
>>
File: la_lemuria.png (169KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
la_lemuria.png
169KB, 500x375px
>>
>>167997878
>I think of it as a roguelike
Kill yourself.
t. /rlg/-neckbeard
>>
Ded tred, ded gaem.
>>
>>167976834
Hey, sorry I'm late. I forgot I had a thing tonight. Anyways, Rejakor's posts here >>167993224 and
>>167993853 were mostly right in that you can largely just use 'good magic' based on the paths that you get from your mages. I'll just go into specifics about why you want a bless build, what sorts of things your different research priorities answer, and some specific magic stuff that he overlooked.

Let me start by saying that Scalesdod is suboptimal and you don't want to run it. You don't have good troops outside of your cap, your cap troops are sacred supergiants, and your mages are way less cost effective than their human counterparts. The paths on your mages are good, and you can use indy units to make up for your garbage nationals but then you may as well play a different nation.

What Ashdod does that no other nation does is supergiants. With N9E9, you can simply march onto the capital of almost any enemy nation within year 1. The reason that you go the full E9 instead of stopping at E4 is that the wee bit of extra prot and reinvig turns them from 'good' into 'unstoppable' against regular units and skeletons. The scales loss is definitely noticeable, but you make up for it by taking a second cap and a lot of extra land when your opponents are still researching their core magic. There's certain nations that you don't want to try to rush, like Ulm or Asphodel, but you can handle even other early game nations pretty well just because they won't be able to hurt your anakites.

Anyways, when it comes to your magic priorities, you'll be a bit behind year 1-2 because you spent extra gold on your insanely expensive sacreds, but you'll catch up because while your researchers are expensive, you have more land to buy them with and at 13 RP each, you can buy a lot of RP per turn. With that in mind, you want to focus your research on countering what your opponents will have at their level 5s and 6s. While they'll have them first, you'll catch up soon. (p1)
>>
File: bogus.jpg (41KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bogus.jpg
41KB, 1024x768px
Wow you guys weren't kidding about Dai Onis
They're absolute monsters Phoenix Pyre and Soul Vortex

Makes me wonder certain posters in this general would consider them mere thugs
>>
Your first goal is going to be Conj 3, because it's on the way to Conj 5 and because you want Earthpower in order to let your E2s use magic from other paths. If you're up against asphodel or skeletons, you can even use some size 3 fire elementals, but otherwise you're not going to have a lot of value here. What you research next depends on what you're fighting.

Against skeletons (C'tis, Ermor, Aspho, Machaka, Sceleria, Gygjaheim, Nazca... there's a lot of these, really) you want to go full into conj 5 for full size fire eles and some earth eles. While N9E9 anakites can smash skeletons until the sun goes down, they can occasionally be whittled away with lucky crits and once they have to go up against rigor mortis + grip of winter + foul vapors and all that awful nonsense, they're going to start having issues. Fire elementals solve these by largely ignoring fatigue problems and clearing out skeletons much faster than your giants can. Earth elementals help too.

Against massed astral (Sceli, Arco, Pythium) you actually have the advantage against Stellar Cascades and if they use it against you, elementals will work fine in helping chew through their front lines. If they instead use soul slay spam, you'll want some enchantment instead of Antimagic, which will also open up Flaming Arrows. With 7 gold slingers, you can get a lot of flaming shots raining down on them, and you can augment the effectiveness of this with Destruction from alt to pop open the armor of their heavy infantry.

Against flyers and air magic (Caelum, Nazca, sometimes bats) and against heavy infantry / earth magic nations (Agartha, Ulm, sometimes Arco depending on their research priorities), you want to get Alt first instead but for different reasons. For flyers, it's so that you can start deploying light thugs to quickly recapture enemy provinces and in Caelum's case protect against t-strike. While those nations are annoyingly mobile, you should have no problem actually fighting them (p2)
>>
Even with mage support, N9 sacreds can survive t-strikes remarkably well, and once they get the lightning res to take away the AoE 6 graze damage they can survive against whole barrages of it without too much trouble. Air elementals are a bit more threatening on account of their trample giving them high damage AP attacks, but since your sacreds have magic weapons, they can cut right through them. At their smaller size, the LR will all but neutralize them.

Against the heavy infantry nations, you mostly want alt for destruction and to match their earth melds. Given the strength checks involved, your giants should break out faster which means that even with them likely having more mages to cast it, your troops will spend less time ensnared than theirs. With N9E9, you can easily win the attrition war here. Assuming you have the destruction spam going on, flaming slings can also be pretty nice to fire into the mix since your guy will be taking less damage from them than the guys you're fighting.

Once you have your core battlemagic up, you want to look into thugs and boosters to get bigger stuff, so you get Cons to at least 4. Your god should have woken up to make a thistle mace for your N1 indies to help make vine shields with. You can do brands and various flavors of armor and elemental resistance gear pretty easily. N9E9 lets you thug kohenim and malakhim and that + alt buffs lets you make your adonim and ditanim into SCs.

Malakhim with N9 and items make excellent raiders on account of their flying MM4 + stealth. Adonim with S2 and a hat or coin can drop onto armies whose scripts you've seen to be unprepared to answer them, whereas the E2 are better against most armies and F2 have phoenix pyre. Kohenim are used mostly just because they're cheap and out of cap, so they let you turn gems into reusable raiding parties. Ditanim are capable of raiding with just their base equipment, and are absolutely monstrous to take down if your opponent can't deploy counter thugs.
>>
>>168011056
That's because the thread mistakes SC for a high caliber SC, when there's a huge difference.

Dai Oni can be countered, very easily, and when they do get countered they tend to die (or go spirit mode and drop all their gear)

High tiered SCs, when they get countered, sometimes just kill said counters anyway, because you didn't bring enough of those counters. Typically this requires an absolutely massive HP pool (needing pretender/prophet status in high friendly dom, or heroic toughness - or ideally both) and a healthy amount of regen. Prophetized Heroic Toughness Kin-Breaker can hit 1k HP, and when berserk is basically the thing that shall not die. The general version though is the fucking tree.

I've seen a 600 HP tree with 20% regen basically just not give a flying fuck it was getting slapped with 2 gatecleavers from quickened thugs, it still took them to the damn turn limit.
>>
>>168011781
Just curious, how does N9E9 Ashdod deal with N9E9 Agartha. Seems that while the giants could hurt the statues, they still had serious issues actually killing them in bulk.
>>
>>168012030
How good are thugs with smashers against statues?
>>
>>168012457
That depends, how long do the thugs survive the living mercuries/umbrals that are mixed in with the statues usually?
>>
Once you have both thugs out and your army support magic, you're essentially well into the midgame and pregame research goals won't mean nearly as much, since you will need to pivot your research to answer for the specific stuff that your opponents are doing. You'll also have different magic options based on what indy mages you find and what boosters you can trade for.

In general, though, you'll want to look into Earthquake, Rigor Mortis, and Firestorm for your battlefield clear.

>>168012030
The real threats with fighting Agartha are the destruction, which makes those 23 damage attacks carve up the giants, and living mercuries and umbrals which have a bunch of high damage AP attacks.

Against living mercuries, flaming slings work pretty well since unlike water elementals, mercuries don't have fire resistance built in. Umbrals are ethereal, but still vulnerable to the fire damage component, which makes the flaming slings a solid answer as well. Against sentinels with destruction, you want earth elementals and to hold your giants back while using lures (swarm or elementals + sacrificial one unit squads) to prevent the destruction casts from hitting your sacreds.

Once you get to just sentinels v anakites, you should be okay. Giants hit for 31/22 damage + whatever the square filler human tickles with. Sentinels hit back with 23/23. Giants regen significantly more, and have better attack/defense. You'll still suffer losses, as might be expected when fighting elite sacred summons, but yours are even better. You can buff up your giants with body ethereal and legions of steel to tip the odds further in your favor.

As >>168012457 says, if you are against ONLY sentinels, thugs might also be an answer since destruction won't work on their magic gear and smasher will pound right through the statues.But as >>168012583 points out, Agartha has other things, which I'd rather have flaming slings and elementals against. If you get lucky with gear recovery, it's still possible
>>
>>168010653
>>168011210
>>168011781
>>168012758
something something wiki
>>
>>168010653
>>168011210
>>168011781
>>168012758
You should post guides. But, like, on places where they're actually saved.
>>
>>168013068
I make videos
>>
>>168013140
Nobody watches videos. They have no purpose other than to boost your e-peen.
>>
>>168013252
Fair.
>>
>>168013252
so they have a valid and useful purpose then
>>
>>168013338
I watch your videos Sy
>>
>>168015348
[Insert hateful e-celeb comment here]
>>
File: 1406867528510.jpg (178KB, 661x716px) Image search: [Google]
1406867528510.jpg
178KB, 661x716px
>e-celebs
Is this 2014 again?
>>
File: 1403426508963.png (85KB, 816x1259px) Image search: [Google]
1403426508963.png
85KB, 816x1259px
>>
File: 1297526017213.jpg (196KB, 830x974px) Image search: [Google]
1297526017213.jpg
196KB, 830x974px
>>
File: RoS.jpg (117KB, 674x450px) Image search: [Google]
RoS.jpg
117KB, 674x450px
Let's just post good memes and talk about Dominions instead.
>>
File: 1414377850179.png (24KB, 633x236px) Image search: [Google]
1414377850179.png
24KB, 633x236px
>>
File: 1428394279472.jpg (477KB, 657x2204px) Image search: [Google]
1428394279472.jpg
477KB, 657x2204px
My favorite
>>
>>
File: 1468566896687.jpg (212KB, 735x748px) Image search: [Google]
1468566896687.jpg
212KB, 735x748px
>>
File: 1479560037887.png (344KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479560037887.png
344KB, 700x900px
>>
File: 1462697685651.jpg (187KB, 1023x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1462697685651.jpg
187KB, 1023x1166px
>>
File: Cute Skeletons.png (106KB, 446x256px) Image search: [Google]
Cute Skeletons.png
106KB, 446x256px
>>
File: luck_is_for_faggots.png (119KB, 334x196px) Image search: [Google]
luck_is_for_faggots.png
119KB, 334x196px
>>
File: typical arena fight.jpg (223KB, 1400x600px) Image search: [Google]
typical arena fight.jpg
223KB, 1400x600px
>>
File: domg answering questions.png (18KB, 358x335px) Image search: [Google]
domg answering questions.png
18KB, 358x335px
>>
File: 1461735368381.png (493KB, 899x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1461735368381.png
493KB, 899x1128px
>>
File: Caelum-C'tis diplomacy.jpg (2MB, 1800x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Caelum-C'tis diplomacy.jpg
2MB, 1800x6000px
>>
>>
File: Dude cast BoT.png (317KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dude cast BoT.png
317KB, 600x500px
>>
File: Ermor posters.jpg (478KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
Ermor posters.jpg
478KB, 1170x780px
>>
File: Muuch Muuch.png (97KB, 385x525px) Image search: [Google]
Muuch Muuch.png
97KB, 385x525px
>>
>>168016423
>>168016389
>>168016339
ah, the good old days
>>
File: Gee Omlec.jpg (110KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
Gee Omlec.jpg
110KB, 600x599px
>>
File: Git gud.png (714KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Git gud.png
714KB, 1280x720px
>>
Have our memes improved? Is forest bob just nostalgia?
>>
File: Typical Ermor Game.png (38KB, 525x1253px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Ermor Game.png
38KB, 525x1253px
>>168017818
our wealth of memes has always improved if you include forester bob in our trove. That said, we don't have much new art.
>>
>>168017818
>Have our memes improved?
No, they're much worse. Forced and inorganic.
>>
File: 1457080169803.png (93KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1457080169803.png
93KB, 557x605px
>>168018209
all memes are inorganic
>>
>>168018245
Only Abysian and MA Agarthan memes are inorganic.
>>
>>168018443
Lemuria too
>>
>>168018480
I always forget Lemuria exists. I don't think I even know their fluff. Why is Ermor suddenly ghosts instead of skellingtons?
>>
>>168018680
It's Sceleria, you fag.
>>
>>168018745
I'm a Dom 3 fag and I've never gotten used to MA Ermor and Sceleria being separate nations. Sue me.

Why is Sceleria ghosts in LA?
>>
>>168018808
Literally too lazy to live thaums go full neet and open a gate to the underworld to mass-raise dead so that they don't need to raise dead manually anymore
>>
>>168018808
They were too lazy and wanted undead to do everything for them. Then they opened a gate to underworld to summon more undead and it backfired. Pretty much how America will die in the future.
>>
>>168018808
They got too lazy to farm and opened a big soul gate to make the undead do menial labor. This totally sound plan backfired almost immediately.
>>
>>168018878
>>168018879
>>168018941
I am completely ok with this apocalypse and I hope it's how my civilization ends.
>>
>>168018941
using undead for menial labor was a totally fine plan. It was only the whole "let's commune up for a giant death ritual" thing that went wrong.
>>
>>168019054
I was talking more about the soul gate than making the undead work. Pretty sure LA agartha uses undead labor and haven't accidentally blown themselves up.
>>
>>168019121
Agartha already had their apocalypse in EA. It wouldn't be fair to give them two
>>
>>168019054
>using undead for menial labor was a totally fine plan.
t. Dustman
>>
>>168019185
I dont know, pretty sure the giant maneating jews get at least two.
>>
>>168019185
How many canon apocalypses are there, not counting the implied apocalypse during each ascension war?
>>
>>168019246
Lmao 2Shoas
>>
>>168019316
depends on how big it needs to be to count as an apocalypse. Like R'lyeh's asteroid hitting the sea probably counts, but does their void gate leaking count as a second apocalypse? Does the flooding of Xibalba count as the same as R'lyeh's star drop, or a separate one? Does MA Agartha being invaded and having all their statues smashed count?
>>
>>168019383
>Like R'lyeh's asteroid hitting the sea probably counts
Did the Aboleths do this on purpose?
>>
>>168019471
No. It was an extinction event for the aboleths. The one aboleth left didn't care because they're older than empathy and immortal anyways, but yeah. The mothers all died.
>>
>>168019509
>The one aboleth left didn't care because they're older than empathy and immortal anyways, but yeah.
So it was all that one Aboleth hero's plan? Very Late Age with him as a pretender chassis when?
>>
>>168019594
Eh. Not so much his 'plan' so much as his going along with the disaster to secure himself a position of power within the new mindblaster empire
>>
>>168019004
t. Trump
>>
dedededed
>>
>>168016873

Ah man. It's been years since that game and that exchange still makes me smile. Was entirely done in Message To All, as well.
>>
>>167975035
Non-summod; they are ok, with nice mages
with summod; better elegists means you really dont give a shit if your god dies. Shedu is amazing, and you can get nice scales with it. Your mages are powerful and versatile.
Does anyone understand how the extra affliction healing in the cap works in summod? It doesn't seem to take effect when I leave a wounded god in the cap for many turns. Is it just an extra chance to clear afflictions when calling back god or something?
>>
>>168016873
>>168021819
Can someone make a tldr of that?
I'm really too lazy to read all that text in a language I'm not native speaker.
>>
>>168022550
no

read it or not. It's funny and enjoyable
>>
>>168022550
You're the kind of faggot who reads abridged classics, aren't you?
>>
>>168019316

Uhh, UW we have several apocalypses.

Therodos gets exploded and suddenly ghosts.
Ys gets to hide UW when Tir falls (kinda light on the disaster side, though).

EA Atlantis gets hit by the Meteor, rebuilds, then EVERYONE UW gets mindcontrolled and destroyed by a psychic apocalypse in LA.
>>
>>168022897
Ys doesn't get mindcontrolled, they live happily ever after and you have no proof otherwise

moe princesses win again
>>
>>168022897
Atlantis takes back the seas Dreamlands filth.

>>168023026
>Sidhe
>Moe
>>
>>168022550
two dudes roleplays as their nations exchanging insults at each other.
i can summarize the contents but i can't summarize the fun.
>>
>here on page 10

You've done so well /domg/, I believe in you

Don't let the candles flicker out
>>
>>168022897
Pelagia almost had an apocalypse thanks to Atlantis as well.
>>
>>168027074
674 posts is good enough. Seeing how slow turns are I'd say we did good 'nuff.
>>
>>168006114
>the bat is just another tentacle
the best image of george as a dominions man.
>>
>>168011948

How are they countered?
>>
>>168023026
Doesn't Ys do what everyone does to survive to LA? Which is massive necromancy.
>>
>>168022897
>EVERYONE UW gets mindcontrolled and destroyed by a psychic apocalypse in LA
Actually, you can find flags for both LA Pelagia and LA Oceania in game files. So, uh, no.
>>
>>168023026

Stop ruining my fetish of qt red-headed warrior princess totally mindslaved by Starspawns.
>>
when will xibalban discrimination end
>>
Does Phantasmal Attack capture the province for you, or do you need to have a scout in place to steal it afterwards?
>>
>>168030739
Mostly antithugs with anti-demon weapons.
>>
>>168033998

Though they will usually skellyspam a bit, how will you get past those?
>>
>>168034032
Attack large.

And any skellyspam they use bumps their fatigue and removes a vital buff round. That's a bad idea.
>>
>>168034032
Demonbane geared anti thugs literally kill dai oni on the first turn of combat by hitting him for his entire hp.
Defensively dai oni wont have time to skellyspam against your thugs.
Offensively if dai oni is actually programmed to skellyspam (it shouldn't be, you don't set your ) it's unlikely to be the very first thing he casts and is also unlikely to stop you from cleaving his face in on the first turn of combat.
>>
>>168034365
>>168034947
All I'm hearing is that the first turn of a Dai Oni script should be one Horde of Skeletons. That plus the wolves might buy you time for the actual buff cycle to go off.
>>
>>168036784

Don't fucking do that with Dai Oni. You have D2 Sorcerers for outputting shitty chaff to block stuff while they buff up.
>>
>>168031119

>Underwater necromancy nation

Sounds extremely ____.
>>
>>168030739
Instant death spells, like disintegrate/soul slay/etc work a fair bit of the time.

Fatigue increasing spells, mostly stellar cascades. Frozen heart works unless kitted to fight against it, because of the chill affect. Anti-demon/Anti-SC weapons.

Other than the first sometimes working from lucky MR rolls, high tiered SCs like the tree won't care. The tree is quite capable of not dying, even at 200 fatigue.
>>
Quick, think up a new mechanic/spell for dom4 (something like insanity/blood slaves + magic/ domspawn units/elemental planes/ crossbreeding/etc.)

A ritual spell that makes it harder for troops to move across a number of tiles. (increase mapmovement required by 1)

I say in general they should add some more terrain-changing spells. Like Fire Dome increasing heat scales by 1 and shit.
>>
>>168038436
Atlantis?
>>
>>168040036

Doesn't have reanimation does it?
>>
How about an LA Machaka, as a domkill nation that re-animates dust walkers?

eh? eh?
>>
>>168040327
Eh.
>>
>>168040145
No, but they don't need skelly chaff since LA Atlantis has great infantry. They sure can skellyspam though, every StR mage is D2+
>>
How about we get rid of Therodos' domkill and make specters only appear in UW forts in their dominion?
>>
>>168040327
How about MA Machaka as a good nation, eh?
>>
>>168040548
Lets not get carried away now. Even summod couldn't do that.
>>
Am I the only one who didnt notice that Malphas was a demon for ages?
>>
>>168042731
Abysia didn't either.
>>
File: M A G E S U P P O R T.jpg (79KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
M A G E S U P P O R T.jpg
79KB, 1024x705px
Alternate title: 1 PD
>>
>>168044928
Shouldn't you have something blocking for those guys? Like anything at all?
>>
File: pretenders.jpg (96KB, 778x418px) Image search: [Google]
pretenders.jpg
96KB, 778x418px
DontStaleDesuSenpai2 has started
>>
File: AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg (63KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg
63KB, 400x300px
>>168045752

>There are NTR fetishists in /domg/
>>
>>168046024
shhh dont worry it
soon your hips will be moving on your own
it'll all be okay
>>
>>168045752
>Tim the Enchanter
That's a fag who staled in one of my games indefinitely. Good fucking luck.
>>
>>168046519
not him but I'm guessing Tim the Enchanter is a pretty well used pretender name
>>
>>168045150
No, but if I did they're all D2+ anyways.
>>
Gemgen Globals.
Min-cast or max-cast?
>>
>>168050486
is it something you're picking up incidentally, or something that is integral to your strat?
>>
>>168050486
min cast if you're the first casting; max cast if you're second
>>
>>168050486
min early, recast higher if it drops
>>
>>168050486
I always do something like 10 gems over the bare minimum, just to fuck people who do a minimal dispel but not break the bank. You can always recast it.
>>
>>168050486

Min cast. But make sure your caster has all the boosters you have to hand on 'em. Mother Oak cast by an N9 with a Treelord Staff and a Moonvine Bracelet is 15 gems harder to beat than if they'd cast it naked.
>>
>>168050785
I do 10 gems over if I'm not casting it with my pretender
>>
>>168050980
Why would you waste 50 gems making a treelord staff if you have an N9 just to make the global 10 gems stronger?
>>
>>168050587
The first I guess? It's my main path, but I don't have any particular summons or globals in mind.
I'm a scrub though.

>>168050663
>>168050667
Thanks.

>>168050785
>>168051026
There's always random chance involved when dispelling or overwriting, isn't there?
Just because you put a gem more in it, doesn't guarantee it.

>>168050980
Well I don't have any boosters so crafting them now wouldn't be of too much benefit.
>>
>>168051181
yeah, overcast with 2 to fuck dudes who want to take it down with 35 pearls
>>
>>168051152

Because you can give the staff to a combat caster for combat casting afterwards.

It doesn't have much benefit if that's the ONLY thing you ever use the booster for in the game, yes.
>>
>>168051181
Yeah but (if I remember correctly) it's gems + paths + DRN for both sides. If you bump by something like 10 the DRN is unlikely (not guaranteed) for the dispel to overpower you.
>>
>>168051284
There's a DRNG roll and either +5 or +10 per path level over the spell's level, so yeah, spending 2 or 10 extra gems is basically useless if there are any notable
>>
If I have one single guy with D3 how do I boost myself into higher death stuff?
>>
>>168051392

Just a single exploding d6, if memory serves, not full DRN. But yeah. Two gems are not gonna make much difference.
>>
>>168051497
empowerment
>>
Yo white, you around. You mentioned wanting to cast some eyes, and I have some pearls I might be willing to trade.
>>
>>168051497
well you can easily get to D4 with a mound king and skull staff (or just a skull staff if your guy is already D4).

After that, you've got issues. You'll need to empower, make or buy a ring, trade for a skullface, empower blood and make the black book
>>
>>168051497
is the mage undead?
if not, twiceborn gives a tiny chance of getting a path boost in D when killed
>>
>>168051497

Empower to D4, plus skull staff gets you Liches and Skull Faces, which gets you to D6. Past that you need artefacts or more empowerment.
>>
Which version of Peliwyr is DontStaleDesuSenpai2 using?
>>
>>168051497
Empower d4 -> d5 and Twiceborn suicide are about equivalent in cost, but the second method is putting your trust in IRL luck
>>
>>168018808
I told u about death magic. I told you dog
>>
>>168051734
Oh I mean I have a guy with D2 holding a skull staff sorry.
>>
>>168051820
1.3 with a few additional #nostart provinces.
>>
>>168051913

In that case you use the D2+staff to summon a Mound Fiend, which is D3 base.
>>
>>168052015
This or Kokythiad (Streams from Hades) if your D caster also has W paths, which saves the D gems for empowering to reach D5. I find the Mound Fiend more useful though since it can reanimate in a pinch.
>>
>>168052005

If it's something unique to /domg/ I'm going to need a download link.
>>
>>168052247
nostart province edits dont require a different map; just grab peliwyr 1.3
>>
>>168052247
It's not. And the link is on the game page (check admin options). Or you can just download the original 1.3 version from moddb, since you don't really need .map file (.tga is enough).
>>
>>168052175

Kokythiads are W3D3. Still gotta empower for Liches/Skullface.
>>
I want to ask a question:

how many of you are willing to put RP over winning the game?
>>
>>168052615
I am not at all willing, but I'll say that I was doing that if I lose in order to save face.
>>
>>168052547
Streams from Hades costs water gems. So you don't have to wait as many turns to empower your Kokythiad in death. Sorry for poor phrasing.
>>
>>168052615
I am highly unlikely to win anyway so its all the one to me.
>>
>>168052615
I'm willing.
>>
>>168052615

If you aren't winning at any cost is it really RP? You're fighting to be a god and the price for losing is eternal banishment.
>>
>>168052813
I don't know, if such situation presents itself in RP I think i'll concede the game.

I don't feel like finding dumb RP excuses to backstab an ally.

>>168053114
Not in my RP, my pret is not the only personality I write in and in fact is barely present RPwise.
>>
File: Jotun Jarl.jpg (250KB, 1920x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Jotun Jarl.jpg
250KB, 1920x1138px
Jotunheim and Utgard Jotun Jarls get a new sprite and +40 Leadership when made prophet

What other commanders do this?
Is it just Shillwinter bias for giants?
>>
>my upkeep is 70% my income
Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>168053910
could be worse
you could be playing Therodos
>>
>>168053843
There's some units which actually get worse when propheted.
>>
>>168053843
Looks really nice, actually. It's a shame Illfraud didn't mention it ANYWHERE.
>>
>>168053843

Abyssian Warlords are the big one. When made prophet they start dual wielding two-handed axes.
>>
>>168053843
Some abysia units get it. So do lizard kings and shamans.
>>
>>168053114
>If you aren't winning at any cost is it really RP? You're fighting to be a god and the price for losing is eternal banishment.
Fucking this. Anything else is Rejakor tier.
>>
>>168053843
Abysian Warlords become War Masters and Demonbred get a chance to gain magic.

I think MA Atlantis queens also change colour when you make them a prophet.
>>
>>168054027
Which ones?
>>
>>168053843
not sprite change as far as I know but other commanders can get their description changed upon becoming prophets
>>
>>168053843
I think some of the burds might but I'm not sure.
>>
>>168054568
NEW THREAD
>>168054568
>>
>>168054420

The key in question is prophetshape

Easy enough to look up in the inspector.
>>
Dominions 5 when?
Thread posts: 762
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.