[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 791
Thread images: 96

File: Dominions4_2017-01-17_00-11-42.png (777KB, 819x880px) Image search: [Google]
Dominions4_2017-01-17_00-11-42.png
777KB, 819x880px
Ancient clown edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
http://pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Die and join the ranks of brave skeletons

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous thread >>167217138
>>
>>167437525

First for Aboleth Traps
>>
Once again you fucks let it die.
>>
ERMOR GAME
>>
I let it die, and I'm about to stale in all my games.

And there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>167439505
There's a guy in the only game I'm still in that always takes his turn within the last 30 minutes (on a 48hr turn timer). Every time I hope he misses and stales, the fucker.
>>
File: 1471980789649.jpg (80KB, 399x510px) Image search: [Google]
1471980789649.jpg
80KB, 399x510px
>Last thread people discussing whether Yomi was underpowered or not
>People who says its fine but don't say why

Okay then, sell me on this nation
How does it compare to similar nations like Niefl and Lanka?
How is it supposed to be played?

A brief look into the inspector tells me it should go awake full scales pretender since it doesn't have any decent sacred troops
Then supporting with evocations & skeletons using its many fire, earth, and death mages
>>
>>167440135
Skelly spam backed by a hundred flaming-arrows undisciplined goburins
>>
>>167440135
Dai Oni lite SCs

Skellyspam

Flaming Arrows
>>
>>167440135
Yomi has a strangely high winrate on s1w's charts, though the leading theory I've heard on that is that it may be a nation that attracts more experienced players

At a glance, I see:
-cap-only thug/SC-capable Dai Oni. It's not flawless but they never are.
-Relatively cheap heavily armoured skelespammers
-(somewhat expensive) flaming arrows with very cheap archers.
-Ability to convert gems into flying sacreds, even if they're not that particularly strong.
-Potential access to things like fog warriors and rain of stones, with boosters.

They look pretty diverse actually, I think the bigger problem is that they're EXPENSIVE. Not the best, not the worst. I'd say they're an average nation.
>>
>>167441404
Forgot to note Bane Fire, which they again can access at the probably steep cost of a booster per mage.
>>
>>167441404
Shikomi too
>>
>tfw someone gets Buer the same turn I get Pazuzu
>I already had 40 air gems saved up

It feels like winning, but the game keeps going.
>>
I've got this weird problem where my turns are coming in and being received normally but the llamaserver page isn't updating. It still says that we're on turn 15 for me even though we're playing beyond that with no problems. It isn't a big deal but I can't see who still has to send their turns in.
>>
>>167450240
Had the same problem, I just mashed F5 for a bit and it fixed itself.
>>
File: ConsiderTheFollowing.gif (671KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
ConsiderTheFollowing.gif
671KB, 300x221px
i keeping looking at CoE and keep thinking it looks awesome, but domg always says it shit. why exactly is that? all i've heard is that "it had potential" or something
>>
>>167453379
Imagine if every province you owned in Dominions was attacked by indies of varying strength every turn, PD doesn't exist, it sometimes takes multiple turns to move to adjacent provinces, mage scripting is massively reduced, and you can't set your own formations at all ever. That's early game CoE and it gets worse as it gets better.
>>
Also you have shit for income and your mages only show up as recruit options like 10% of the time at best, and if you don't have the money to recruit them then, you're out of luck for now.
>>
>>167439918

I'm doing it again today. Eat my shorts.
>>
gauls

we apologize but the romans told us to attack you and we will pretty much do anything if you say our name three times
>>
trade and taint when?
>>
>>167456724

Ulm my darling, Ulm my darling, Ulm my darling kill the swine.
>>
>>167456724
>imma move my armies down and away from nicknight on Vanheim
>when I've ALREADY been elf'd once

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>167453379
Basically your only control in combat is what to put in your army. There's no scripting like dominions - the most you can do is tell each mage to not cast a single type of spell (they'll decide themselves which to cast out of the 2-3 spells you didn't prevent them from casting)

It's really slow too. It takes multiple turns to get enough resources to recruit/summon anything early on, and see what >>167453567 said about movement and dealing with indies.

The reason why people say it has potential is that there are a bunch of things which would be really cool if the base gameplay was more fun. Hopefully some will make their way into dominions.
>>
>Ys AI'd
Just know Ys that regardless of what happens you're the real winner in my eyes.
RIP UWbowl champion.
>>
>>167440135
I play Yomi a lot. A big part of it is that, like MA C'tis, they get a lot of synergistic spells from 1 school (ench). Flaming arrows + horde of skellies + 7 gold shortbows can come online for the first war, unless you get rushed hard. And if you get rushed hard, oni's are actually fantastic troops in T3 and easily massable on demand, giving you a strong defense. Later on, you get ROS, which allows you to make up armies entirely composed of Dai Oni supercasters (who are immune to ROS), some supporting oni generals (almost immune) and some large, high health evo bait to draw gifts/nasty bows set to fire largest/other stuff away from your casters. These armies can be rescripted on the fly to do different roles (ie you can rescript some to thug rather than skellyspamming, or to throw down evos) if needed.
>>167440862
Please stop the Dai Oni lite SC's meme there is literally no better recruit-able thug/sc chassis.
>>
>>167460723
I'd argue Fomorian Kings are better. Yes, in a straight up fight Dai Oni's have superior pathing, but the Kings are all A2 - and being able to choose your battles through ritual movement is a very valuable tool to have.
>>
File: 1479452043792.jpg (181KB, 513x574px) Image search: [Google]
1479452043792.jpg
181KB, 513x574px
>>167440135
>Going full scales
>On a nation with 2 strong recruitable sacred thugs
>And nearly all of its national summons also being sacred
>>
>>167456853
Right after EA Rus and MA Ur
>>
>>167460885
Kings are also better because there's no 'triple damage to kings' items
>>
>>167460885
That's fair enough, actually. Ritual movement is pretty badass.
I've been playing around with the idea of an E6S6 fat guy titan (can't be fucked to look up the name) imprisoned with good scales. Nice little bless for your Dai Oni's, you can easily nab EBDW and Stellar focus, and you can also make use of teleporting golems later on.
Sadly no N9 means those golems aren't really going to be all that amazing as thugs though.

Though I just had an interesting idea; Stygian paths is magic movement, right? That could be an interesting spell, although right up at Thaum 8 it isn't nearly as practical as cloud trapeze or teleport.
>>
>>167461604
Never really understood this. Yes, there's a wider variety of items that can fuck up a Dai Oni - but an anti-SC thug is going to kill a Fomorian King just as well - they simply use a duskdagger instead of a herald lance.

If anything the King is more vulnerable, as its not at least protected by Phoenix Pyre.
>>
>>167461604
The existence of holy scourge doesn't make Tart SC's a joke.
I actually find that herald lance/demon bane has some problems against Dai Oni SC's. You want to fly in and get a first strike that instantly kills it, before it can complete its buff cycle (ESPECIALLY phoenix pyre). Funnily enough, one of the weaker and more often overlooked attributes of the dai oni can mess with this plan; the screen of d6 wolves summoned at start of battle can often distract the attacker and protect your oni for the first round allowing him to get phoenix pyre off.
>>
>>167463403
>what is "attack largest"

Like, don't get me wrong I think arguing that the demonbane/herald lance etc as arguments for Dai Oni are silly, when duskdaggers do the same to Kings/Jarls - except better since they don't need to worry about potential turn0 phoenix pyre.

Melqarts don't deserve the title SC - ever. They lack the paths for it. They are notable however for being a recruitable thug on a nation with healers.
>>
>>167462581
>>167463957
>duskdagger
The difference is that you can drop 5 gems on Holy Scourge or Demon Bane, give it to a human, and have him do very good damage per round.

An anti-SC thug is much more expensive than a random mounted commander with a cheap sword.

Theoretically, anyway. The math seems to check out, but I've never seen it done in practice, just heard about it.
>>
>>167460723
Alternately, go heavy into Alt. Basically every level of it makes your Dai Oni better in combat, and you pick up Maws of the Earth eventually too. Armor of Achilles/Destruction/Iron Bane are amusing. It's slower to get off the ground than diving into Enchantment, but it's also viable. And it's not like you have to specialize, going 4 -> 5 in a school is the same cost as going 0 -> 4 in a different one so diversity is easy to do.
>>
Casting Phoenix Pyre on this thread
>>
>>167465417
Alt is always the second thing I go for, but yeah you could go for it first thing (especially if you went for a N9 bless rather than a boring traditional Ex). I love maws of the earth and, by extension, blood stones. I was fortunate enough to get a blood throne in my current yomi game and being able to earth power into maws into skelespam is lovely in the midgame. Massive AOE, high AP damage with no elemental type is fucking bliss.
Literally the only thing that makes me happier than maws is ironskinned fire elementals.
>>
>>167460723
Sniffle Jarls
>>
>>167467960
>he thinks nimble charles is as good as pie oni
listen here you little shit. phoenix pyre + summon earthpower + ironskin + soul vortex + innate fear + ethereal wounded shape
VS
quicken self + 20 extra HP (actually dai oni have 3 extra hp total because of wounded shape, but if you will regen slightly more hp) + cold aura + holy avenger (lmao).

only good thing about niffle jarl SC's is that you have solid sacred troops so your N9Ewhatever bless gets some extra use. Not that dai oni care because they still SC better even with just an Ewhatever bless.
>>
>>167472241
>no soul vortex on niefel jarl
>holy avenger as a buff
I'd agree with you, but your analysis is shit.
>>
>>167450358
That did it. Thanks.
>>
Posting once again:

I am looking for a sub for two games

FourthTurning (Xibalba)
DriftKing (Niefelheim)

Both of these nations are in top notch shape, so it is not like the usual situation where you inherit a crumbling wreck of an empire. I simply don't have the time needed due to RL concerns.
>>
>>167463403
Those wolves also make pretty good batteries for a soul vortex casting Dai Oni.
>>
gibe muspelheim
the game needs more shit-eating giants and underpowered fire nations
>>
>>167479753
>Abysia mixed with Niefelheim
Sounds both boring and weak.
Well, if an earlier-than-early age was ever added, Muspelheim would be a reasonable candidate.
>>
>>167477027
You should probably note DriftKing is a newbie game. I doubt he's gonna let an experienced player in.
>>
>>167480316
underpowered and uninteresting factions are the domain of true understanders, you just wouldn't get it
>>
File: 1468566896686.jpg (21KB, 250x72px) Image search: [Google]
1468566896686.jpg
21KB, 250x72px
>>
>>167479753
>more norse nations

no
>>
How the hell do I play Man and Eriu?
>>
>>167484305
You basically play Eriu like you would play TNN except you're even more shit at everything and can't actually win a game ever
>>
>>167484447
Is it that bad? I just want to elf niggas man.
>>
>>167484527
Eriu is LITERALLY just TNN with worse everything. They play exactly the same, just more shit.

They don't get anything new, they just get worse.
>>
>>167484527
If you want MA elfing, Vanheim is your best choice.

Eriu really doesn't have anything going for them but thugs.
>>
>>167485294
What can you expect if you play with/against MA Vanheim anyway?
>>
>>167485938
EA Vanheim with Valkyries instead of Vanhere
>>
>>167473378
All dai oni can cast it without needing a gem, but yeah that was intellectually dishonest of me.
the lmao is there for a reason.
>>
>>167486241
Quickness is super good and the cold aura is underrated, since the cold aura on nipple jarls is fucking big
>>
>>167485938
Elf thugs everywhere, as usual for an elf nation.

Non-sacred rec-anywhere vanhere when they actually need to fight.

Primarily air magic (tstrike, air elementals, storm) with some earth buffs on the side and maybe a bit of blood too.

>>167486241
>the lmao is there for a reason.
I'd add liquid body to niefel jarls if you want a more serious buff list. Dai Oni could take temper flesh too.

>>167486334
Quickness isn't quite as good when you have encumbrance, since it doubles the reinvig you need to stay neutral.

Cold aura is indeed very nice, but it's nothing compared to free extra lives from phoenix pyre.
>>
>>167485220
>They don't get anything new
spies tho
>>
>13:22 GMT on Thursday February 2nd Hosting delayed by 12 hours.
>05:28 GMT on Friday February 3rd Hosting delayed by 7 hours.
>14:13 GMT on Saturday February 4th Hosting delayed by 1 hours.
>06:44 GMT on Sunday February 5th Hosting delayed by 12 hours.
>>
>>167488381
The Superbowl is today so everyone should get an extension.
>>
>>167488690
Man I watched the superbowl a couple years ago and it was shit. Yanks be talking hot mess about soccer or whatever but at least the players in a soccer match actually move for more than two seconds at a time.
>>
File: Dom1.png (82KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
Dom1.png
82KB, 500x347px
>>167437525
Play your turns niggers.

>And whoever was last and didn't take a double turn - pic related.
>>
What tactic do you prefer, to feast on smaller players so that you may challenge the bigger player(s) in the endgame, or to try and take chunks from the big player before he can reach endgame status?

This is assuming you are a mid to top-3 player, but not the biggest fish in the pond
>>
>>167490372
To live in peace :^)
>acro
>be expanding normally
>ur takes one province
>gets really close to my capital and stops
>"Fuck off monkeys"
>"no :^)"
>Conquer monkey men
the end. This is how most of my games turn out to play desu
>>
Anyone wanna sub warhammer fantasy orcs in mod nation game? Turn 61 good change to test their toys and such
>>
>>167490372
depends on nation and how much of a power gap there is between the rest of the game outside of the top 3
>>
How do you play MA Vanarus? I mean they seem to have solid infantry, but their mages are all over the place.
>>
>>167491207
F I R E B I R D S
>>
>>167491263
>don't even have the paths to summon them
>>
>>167491207
It's easy, you stomp early on and maybe rush a neighbour.
Then you lose to a nation with superior mages.
>>
>>167491207

Its fairly simple and self explanatory.

Sages cast thunder strike since they get A2 7/12 and A3 1/12. They are your main battle mages.

Remaining mages are used mainly for research but you also get plenty of AE for RoS and EF for magma eruption (with shoes).

Your troops are excellent and just need to be massed.
>>
Sy sounds like his hymen is fully intact.
>>
>>167491852
This sounds rude as fuck.
>>
i want to have sweet sweet anal sex with Sy.
>>
>>167491852
>you'll never tear a Bride-in-Waiting's hymen
>>
>>167492918
Good, virgins are pretty shit at sex desu, only good for blood spells.
>>
>>167493006
This.
>>
>>167493006

That's a non-sequitur my main man. One's proficiency at an activity can not be gauged without having actually carried out that activity. All those poor, innocent, and pure teenage girls you drugged up and sacrificed to Satan might have been sex machines.
>>
>>167493006
>not appreciating an eager student
pleb
>>
File: liabec.jpg (1MB, 3052x1864px) Image search: [Google]
liabec.jpg
1MB, 3052x1864px
>tfw still have the sprites and shit sitting around from my half-assed Dominions 4 Nation mod

>could probably shoehorn it into a functioning Class for Conquest of Elysium 4

What do?
>>
hoburg nation when
>>
>>167496205
>implying there hasn't been a hoburg nation as the default mod to be used as an example of how to mod since forever
>>
>>167496154
Senpai, I recall you posting this 2 or more years ago. Just finish it already.
>>
>>167496154
O fuk are these guys back

Don't settle for CoE4-shit. Then you'll feel maybe accomplished but nobody cares about CoE4 so it won't mean anything. At least maybe I'll play it if it's for Doms4.
>>
>>167495912
> One's proficiency at an activity can not be gauged without having actually carried out that activity.

One's skill in a proficiency cannot increase without actually practicing that proficiency. You can't be great at something without actually doing it.

>All those poor, innocent, and pure teenage girls you drugged up and sacrificed to Satan might have been sex machines.

I'm sure they would have been with a proper instructor and given enough time. But who got time for that? They had their chance, they wasted it, now they're being used as bait for horrors while their slutty sisters lay in my bed.
>>
>>167496471

/dfg/ is still probably angry with me for not finishing the mod I made with lamias and harpies too. I really should crank something out before this hard drive dies.

>>167496550

Well CoE4 is fairly simple and doesn't require a lot of effort since I already have the guys statted out and everything. It'd be as easy as making a Cabalist class and having you start as one of the red robed guys with a mastery ritual to upgrade to the red breasted robe guys.

The main time consumer in working on this mod is sprite work. Granted I'm lazy, and I just modify existing sprites, but I had some big plans about Sacred Anakhite Priests that surrendered to the Liabecians centuries beforehand and now perform Blood Sacrifices for the God of Liabec.

A CoE version would be much simpler and wouldn't require as many unique units.
>>
>>167496154
The sprites is usually the most time consuming part, why dont you just finish it out if you have that much done?
>>
>>167496467
mod nations have no legitimacy and anything that isnt the vanilla game is impure and defiled worse than the raptors
>>
>>167496918
Only the worst sort of bastard would care this much about legitimacy

Mod nations are fun
>>
Hey, I play Dominions 4 for the tightly balanced tournament environment, none of this "mod nation" doohickery that'll just throw out the supreme balance Dominions 4 is famous for, as ingeniously developed by Illfraud(TM)(R)(C)(patent pending)(OC, DS).
>>
File: modified sprites.png (5KB, 184x199px) Image search: [Google]
modified sprites.png
5KB, 184x199px
>>167496867

As I mentioned in the post directly above, you are correct. Spriting is the main time consumer. #2 time consumer is actually ironing out a playstyle that is OP within the context of other nations. That is easier said than done considering Liabec are some fusion of Hinnom, Mictlan, and R'lyeh but different than all three in some ways.

For example, the spellbook already has Astral/Blood rituals that are generally horror related spells. Considering I wanted to make a Astral/Blood nation I decided this was a good place to work out their bread and butter abilities.

The idea is to give them fairly average infantry units for their time period and encouraging them to rely on horrors. When those Thrall Brand guys die they horror mark the unit that killed them. The more slaves the enemy army kills the easier it is to summon a bunch of horrors and watch them eviscerate the enemy. In my mind the erratic behavior of horrors more than makes up for their power.

Thing is, a nation should never be a gimmick. Liabec needs powerful units that can make up for their lack of heavy armor. Demonic hybrids are an Abysian thing so I'd rather not steal those. Sharing Void Summoning with R'lyeh is a little too easy. I thought about creating tiny Gore Tide Horrors that can be summoned like Elementals (I will recolor small water elementals) using slaves instead of gems.

So basically to answer your question it's because I want the Nation to have an identity and a place in the game instead of just being something I half assed and then shat out.
>>
>>167497754

>#2 time consumer is actually ironing out a playstyle that is OP within the context of other nations.

I forgot a "not" that was supposed to go between "is" and "OP." Whoops.
>>
>>167497754
What about half horror hybrids? No one has done that so far. Or guy that turn into horrors when killed or something.
>>
>>167497754
>>167497984
Or a spell that turns guys into horrors if they get hit with it.
>>
>>167497984

>What about half horror hybrids?

My first thought is "Do horrors reproduce?" That's an interesting thought though, especially combined with that second sentence. How about a Brand Thrall that has been tied more closely to Horrors than his peers? Think of him like a Horror Bomb. He looks like every other slave but when he dies, instead of the enemy being horror marked, he changes into a lesser horror as his second form.

That sounds like fun. The horror would need to despawn after the battle but it sounds like fun.
>>
>>167458269
tyty, I didn't think anyone was even still playing besides Lukas
>>
>>167498247
Horror Seed sends a horror that can infect people with parasitic horrors and turn them into horrors so its probably not that far fetched.
>>
>>167498609

Is there a specific kind of horror that is spawned by the Horror Seed spell?
>>
File: Horror Seed.png (16KB, 308x237px) Image search: [Google]
Horror Seed.png
16KB, 308x237px
>>167498985
Dont know. I assume it just spawns random horrors.
>>
File: void cat.jpg (53KB, 302x411px) Image search: [Google]
void cat.jpg
53KB, 302x411px
>>167499196

Well how's this for an idea: Parasitized Thrall

It's a Branded Thrall with a #secondtmpshape that looks almost identical to the Branded Thrall, but has a Float Cat's tentacle face instead of a head and gains a Drain Life attack and other qualities of lesser horrors in addition to its spear.
>>
>>167499998
Sounds fine to me. There is probably a lot you can do with horrors if you think about it.
>>
>>167499998
that sounds a lot like my tabletop RPG campaign
>>
File: 1421187208051.jpg (413KB, 805x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1421187208051.jpg
413KB, 805x1200px
>tfw you spend more time modding than actually playing
>>
>>167500405
t. Amuys
>>
>>167501539
He spends more time washing the decks of his gay cruiser.
>>
Whats another game like dominions that lets me go around summoning all sorts of bullshit?
>>
>>167502004
Master of Magic.
>>
>>167502004
Dark Souls
>>
>>167502004
CoE
>>
>>167502285
Looks interesting but it might be too old.
>>167502662
You're a funny guy anon
>>
>>167502753
>but it might be too old
Yeah, it might be a bit of a culture-shock coming from the cutting edge of Dominions .
>>
>>167502814
I mean it might be too old to work.
>>
>>167502882
Have you not heard of GoG.
>>
>>167502753
>it might be too old.
It's sure older than you, fucking millennial.
>>
>>167502926
Not really.
>>167502942
Almost but not quite.
>>
>>167503018
https://www.gog.com/game/master_of_magic

It works up to Windows 10.
>>
>>167503226
Neat.
>>
>>167503471
It's also a great 4x. I wouldn't be surprised if MoM is considered an inspiration for all sorts of other games including Dom1-4
>>
File: 10126[1].jpg (78KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
10126[1].jpg
78KB, 640x400px
>>167503226
>tfw really wanna try so many older games but those old fonts at low resolutions hurt my eyes and stop me from doing it
>>
>>167501569
>more time washing the decks of his gay cruiser
It's more like fixing washing machines and coffeemakers
>>
>no game starting

how do i fill my empty sad life?
>>
>>167507081

Masturbation?
>>
>>167497754
>some fusion of Hinnom, Mictlan, and R'lyeh
Doesn't sound OP to me.
>>
>>167507393
That's the method I've been relying on lately, even supplemented with anime and vidya it doesn't seem to work.
>>
Sorry for staling last turn. My turn didn't go in because of some patch-related issues.
>>
>>167507432
It's all in the execution.
>>
>>167508132
t. 4th atlantis

and it looks like this fucked me bad enough to put the war on even footing again.
>>
File: mspaint_2017-02-05_19-49-51.png (119KB, 998x401px) Image search: [Google]
mspaint_2017-02-05_19-49-51.png
119KB, 998x401px
>>
>>167508572
>put the war on even footing
Lol, not hardly. I've been watching that, R'lyeh has 0 chance of winning without help.

It did probably cause the war to get delayed by 6-12 turns though, so it was a very significant setback.
>>
>>167513078
>R'yleh is losing
What innovative strategy let Atlantis pull that off? Mind duels to snipe the squid commanders?
>>
>>167514037
It's called expansion. Atlantis can easily beat R'lyeh when their expansion leaves them more than twice R'lyeh's size.

Part of that is Atlantis being big, but also R'lyeh being tiny.
>>
>>167514037
probably
i fed him a fuckton of pearls
>>
File: Dominions4_2017-02-05_19-37-03.png (183KB, 680x599px) Image search: [Google]
Dominions4_2017-02-05_19-37-03.png
183KB, 680x599px
I mean I've not really grown much smaller, and Rlyeh has been throwing away a lot of gold so far
>>
File: WRONG.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>167515203
>Riley
>Earth Serpent
>>
>>167515464
Snek is fine for R'lyeh
>>
>>167515464
EA mindblasters don't go on land, so an amphibious expander like the Snek is useful
>>
>>167515593
>>167515643
>not investing in your late-game with N9 golems
>>
>>167515679
As someone who did this, its pointless. The pearls were always getting spent on other things, typically boosters and rings.

N9 was useful for the tarts I guess, but not needed. EA R'lyeh doesn't really need anything but good scales from its pretender desu.
>>
>>167515203

Meant to say Atlantis, derp
>>
If I have 4 Communion Slaves, does the fatigue from one Master's cast get divided by 4 between the slaves? Or do I have to calculate the fact that the Master has 2 more levels in that path? In that case what's the final equation?
>>
>>167521669
https://www.google.com/search?q=dominions+4+communions&oq=dominions+4+communions
>>
>>167521669

Divided by five. Between the caster and all the slaves. There are various effects from base pathlevel of both the master and the slaves. Read the manual
>>
>>167521669
Divided by five first; then path level effects are applied
As I understand it if a slave has no paths in the spell a master casts then they get 2x fatigue from it also
>>
>>167521909

What's the point when it's more convenient to have more Masters casting in the first turns than less Masters casting for a longer time?
>>
>>167522131

Mages cost money and fort turns, and wasting them is rarely a good idea.
>>
>>167522242

I meant combat turns.
>>
>>167522131
Horde of Skeletons costs 40 fatigue. You can cast it 3 times before passing out. With 5 mages that's a total of 15 casts.

Horde of Skeletons costs 3 fatigue with 4 slaves. You can cast it 33 times before passing out.
>>
>>167523085
but 15 casts in the first 3 turns is more useful (at least for spells other than horde of skellies) is his point
>>
>>167523257
Sometimes yes. In those cases you don't use communions. Or less bottom-heavy communions.
>>
>>167523257
HoS communions tend to be top heavy for that reason.
>>
>>167522393

Yes. And with more masters and less slaves, you'll kill your slaves.
>>
>>167523257
>>167523336

Yes that was the point, thought there was a consensus on what was better but I guess it really depends.
>>
>>167498549
M'Gartha and I are actually in a pretty large war right now. And the Hebrews and and Mictlan are pretty much gobbling the rest of the map that went AI.

The thrones are so damn spaced out though it might be a while before anyone can make a grab.
>>
>>167523641
"It depends" is a total meme, but it's also sometimes right.
>>
>>167521859
Not that guy, but:

Fuck off.
>>
>>167524130
The answer to his question is literally in all of the first three hits.
>>
>>167524219
And also in here.

What do you think this is?
>>
File: totoro.jpg (46KB, 488x650px) Image search: [Google]
totoro.jpg
46KB, 488x650px
>>167457304

I don't think the elves are going to attack again until they have air elementals or tstrike in sufficient quantity to make my resistance moot.

>>167457000

*eyes become swirly shapes*
>>
>>167521669

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814311765
>>
>>167525007
why do u have such a weeb name

are you a weeb
>>
>>167525801
He's rjkr
>>
File: 43242353.jpg (308KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
43242353.jpg
308KB, 720x720px
>>
can commune be used outside of battle? i want to get some mages to the frontlines but they dont have enough on their own. will i just have to suck it up and empower?
>>
>>167529686
>can commune be used outside of battle?
Nope. You can make items to boost their power though.
>>
File: Niefelheim Research.jpg (147KB, 1645x372px) Image search: [Google]
Niefelheim Research.jpg
147KB, 1645x372px
Any advice on how to play mid to lategame Niefelheim?
So I have a bunch of my holy Niefel Giants and Skratti thugs, now what?

Especially could use some advice on what do do battlefield magic wise.
>>
>>167531143

Skratti turbocommunions are good shit?
>>
>>167532813
What do they cast?
>>
>>167533919

You can run sixteen Gygas off of eight Shroud+Wolf+PersonalRegen Skratti, and they regen fast enough that that can't kill them. Cast whatever you like!
>>
>>167534361
Oh well, I guess you need a little bit of bloodhuntin to set that up. And also do some research so I have shit to cast. Preferably bigger spells, since you need to make up for a smaller amoung of casters compared to other nations.
>>
>>167534361
You can run more than 16 desu. You also need only 2 skratti slaves, unless you want to reduce the masters' fatigue further.
>>
>>167535194
+3 magic boost is gud
>>
>>167535194

Shroud+Wolf+PersonalRegen is 18 HP/turn. That means you can run up to 18 casters off it indefinitely, so long as the communion is large enough that slaves never generate more than 10 fatigue per cast. That last bit is why you might want more than 2 skratti.
>>
>>167498549
>Lukas
>playing
let's be honest here
>>
>>167535513
Damage is fat/30 isn't it?
Or even fat/50.
>>
>>167535814
Pretty sure if he went full NEET and concentrated on his Dominions 4 cybersports career, he'd be a great player.
>>
>>167506000
I recently got Darkland but haven't worked it out. I've gotten distracted by King's Field. I enjoy it more than Bloodborne.
>>
>>167523773
They went AI? Thanks for the tip.
t. Mictlan
>>
>>167537106
Pretty sure he does actually spend a fair amount of time in the game, given that he has been in a fair number of games for a huge amount of time, but just doesn't actually play well.
>>
>>167535513
>more than 10 fatigue per cast
It's more like 50 iirc. Test it if you want to verify, but 2 skratti is enough to sustain the communion indefinitely.

>>167535468
The problem is that you're spending extra gold and gems for it. Like, sure, it's more skelemans or shadowblast AoE, but it's not worth 12 mage turns, 60 gems, and almost 2000 gold to get it.
>>
>>167541809
I dunno, 3 extra shadowblast aoe on every single master could end up being pretty huge if you go big on the gygjas
>>
>>167543653
It's 2 more AoE for 6 more skratti. A 4 slave turbocommunion is arguable, but an 8 slave turbocommunion is massive overkill
>>
File: Dominions4_2017-02-06_02-49-07.png (355KB, 673x688px) Image search: [Google]
Dominions4_2017-02-06_02-49-07.png
355KB, 673x688px
Atlantis pls leave and stay leave
>>
I'm going to need a sub. Our wireless bill came and was over a 1000 dollars, out internet is going to be shut off for a month while we try and get this sorted. Sorry gaiz.
>>
>>167546715
I'm also in this game. Again, sorry.
>>
>>167546715

>Wireless bill
>1000 fucking dollars

explain this meme
>>
>>167546935
I don't know, I'm posting from a mcdonalds right now. I didn't even find out till yesterday.
>>
/domg/, ganbatte
>>
File: AHHHH.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHH.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
AAAHHHHHHH

WHY WERE MY GUDUS EVEN MOVING THERE

AAHHHH
>>
File: Goat Sun Summoning.png (1MB, 1680x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Goat Sun Summoning.png
1MB, 1680x1010px
>>
>>167549459
/domg/ doesn't even ganbatte at keeping the thread alive.
>>
>>167549559
You lost like 300 gold of mages, calm your tits.
>>
>>167550037
I'm not worried about 300G.

I'm worried about the Jarls about to ram their frost brands up my Waifu's pure and unspoiled arse.
>>
>>167550193
What were you thinking when you attacked him then? It's not like Ur has much that can kill Niefel's thugs and even basic troops. And that army has, how many, around 65 sacreds + what I assume are 9 thugs + skratti? Battlefield clear with EQ isn't gonna work on that, and you don't have good paths besides E.
>>
>>167550425
Sorry, I'm retarded, it's around 73 sacreds including amazons, actually. I assume Niefel uses N9 (because why shouldn't he).
>>
>>167550425
I've got a plan.

I don't even remember sending those Gudus there, they should have been regrouping with the main force.
>>
>>167546871
Why bother. We've already got a staler and half the players are memes. I'm just playing it like a regular game now.
>>
>>167550425
Shouldn't maws of the earth work decent?

>What were you thinking when you attacked him then?
Probably "Holy shit this fucker is huge better hit him before he gets huger"
>>
File: file.png (597KB, 841x521px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
597KB, 841x521px
How do you kill prot 27 regenerating statues.

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>167552141

Soul Slay their commanders.
>>
>>167552141
What magic paths?
>>
>>167552141
Speaking from experience, you don't.
>>
>>167552141
They don't have cold or lightning resistance and their MR is 12.
Alternately, target the leadership and they should just stand still doing nothing for the rest of the battle
>>
>>167552271
Well, it's MA Agartha, so there's a lot of those magma eruption dudes there. It's not a raiding party, it's a big ass army. And Pale One mages have 17 MR without lead amulets and stuff, so I'm a little sceptical about that.

>>167552273
MA TC.

>>167552309
Elaborate.
>>
>>167552392
>MA TC
Make a communion and drop fucking rocks on them.

You have perfect paths for dealing with this.
>>
>>167552392
Gifts from Heaven, you nerd. Easy fight.
>>
>>167552435
>>167552503
That actually makes sense. I'll try.

Thing is, he has a ton of burning ones in skirmish formation as well, and rocks will kill like 1-2 squares per cast, which is bearable, but his mages won't just stand there doing nothing.
>>
>>167552141
>E9 on Agartha
>>
>>167552678
It makes 'em nearly invulnerable to infantry, but it's a trade-off, since they become vulnerable to things like gifts from heaven spam.
>>
Sotha sill This is EA Chinesenewyear Host speaking. Send in your pretender you have 48 hours.
>>
>>167552745
E9 has no relevance to GoH, it's just generally not a worthwhile pick because they already have extremely high prot and don't take fatigue
>>
>>167552745
What kind of trade-off is that? Like they were invulnerable to GfH before.

>>167552960
Reinvigoration 4 actually helps all Agartha's national mages.
>>
>>167552592
Gifts should aim for statues preferentially. Deal with magma children some other way. Maybe archers?

Once the magma children are dead, statues should be held in place by infantry fairly easily. They have low killing power, they just never die.

>>167552678
Statues get the full +5 protection, because all of their prot is natural. Going from 22 to 27 prot is a big deal.

It's a very nice mage bless too, and reinvig helps their recruitable sacreds.

I don't think it's worth the investment myself (agartha gets more out of scales, imo), but it's a reasonable choice.
>>
>>167553018
Taking an N9 is mandatory on Agartha. An E9 or B9 are very common options. An E9's protection makes them very difficult to damage, whereas a B9 means they'll fry any mage that's spamming spells at them.
>>
Is there any way to reveal elf armies, at all?
>>
>>167553234
Eyes of God should do it
>>
File: 1481734022105.jpg (86KB, 860x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481734022105.jpg
86KB, 860x960px
>>167553234
Remove elves.
>>
File: ffretro-ff05.png (119KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
ffretro-ff05.png
119KB, 512x384px
>>167552141
You're Tien, one of the few nations that do not give a fuck about how much HP something has. Drop space rocks on them until they die.
>>
>>167514121
Ryleh is bigger than they appear, because it turns out they have 6 land provinces.
>>
>>167553018
But going with E6 is much more efficient.
>>
>>167551224
Staler has been set AI
>>
>>167554504
Not disputing that, famakal.
>>
>>167546871
>>167551224
I'm considering just ending the game, honestly. It's kind of been a failure
>>
>>167554742
what? No!
>>
>>167553167
Aside from a bigger force of fatigue neutral N9 sacreds, and just killing them before they can mass statues, what can even kill N9B9 statue spam?
>>
>>167556178
Enough skelespam to force them to fight past turn limit.
>>
>>167556381
Does that actually kill them? Seems like it'd be a tossup.
>>
>>167556178
My answer to everything is army of lead air eles.
>>
>>167556445
Turn limit causes all mindless beings to die.

I once lost 200 sentinels and a couple thugged out marble Oracles to it.
>>
>>167556681
Doesn't time limit kill anything? turn 75 I think it was.
>>
>>167556026
Ok. Then I won't
>>
>>167556746
Sorta, but autorout happens first and mindless stuff dies then while not-mindless stuff just runs away.
>>
>>167557120
Did autorout also include berserk stuff? Can't remember if berserk/zombies count or not.

Think it was turn 50 autorout
then 75 or something everything vanishes.
60 or something
>>
>>167557262
Berserk goes past the normal autorout. That's the idea with putting those blood axes on SCs
>>
>>167557318
what about zombies and undead stuff?
>>
File: MalGato.png (2MB, 1674x810px) Image search: [Google]
MalGato.png
2MB, 1674x810px
>>
Shikkari, /domg/
>>
I just started playing King's Field and it's objectively better than the Souls games. Sharing this because I feel like people have a right to know how incredible King's Field is.
>>
>>167558093
Undead aren't special. Mindless units are mindless, which start to melt at autorout the same way statues and elementals and all other mindless units do. Non-mindless undead rout as normal too.
>>
Worthy Heroes 5.7 is up if anyone cares about very minor bugfixes.
>>
fucking dead thread somebody make another game or something
>>
Fine I will.

MA good?
>>
>>167568197
Okay, I'll just go ahead and make Dominions 5.
>>
>>167568264
LA
>>
>>167568264

ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>167568401
>absolute MAdMAn

MA it is
>>
>>167568350
Good, make sure you include a separate fucking recruitment tree for commanders though. Also a first person dungeon crawling minigame isn't essential but would be greatly appreciated.
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AbsoluteMAdMAn

Apparently MA Xib had a bug with WH that just got fixed. Good job, Sy.

I picked a map that uses caves, so someone can play frogs and maybe get to use this hero that had apparently been accidentally disabled for literally forever.
>>
>>167568531
Cool, I'll join as soon as I can think of a nation and a pretender.
>>
File: NOSCALES.png (148KB, 619x236px) Image search: [Google]
NOSCALES.png
148KB, 619x236px
>>167568597
Do it faggot
>>
>>167568809

ABSOLUTE MADMARIGNON
>>
File: 20160824154902_1.jpg (178KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160824154902_1.jpg
178KB, 1600x900px
Is there a mod that just unlocks pretender creation so you can make a OP pretender?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>167569442
nope
but making a custom OP pretender is pretty easy anyway
>>
>>167569540
>>167569442
custom OP pretender mod*
>>
>>167568531
can you get rid of story events please
>>
>>167569615
Fuck you story events are cool.
>>
>turn 10 as MA Abysia
>over half my mages are diseased
I guess this is what happens when you dont take growth 3.
>>
File: Contracts.png (225KB, 488x385px) Image search: [Google]
Contracts.png
225KB, 488x385px
Soul Contract Jotunheim -
Pros:
Jotunheim doesn't need a bless or awake to hit 22 provinces year 1 (with forest labs + fort under construction)
Hits Cons 2 super fast, and can actually use Cons 4 for both dowsing rods and thugging
Lets you get a nice stack of devils to go with your normal midgame magics

Cons
No N9 for bigger regen on your turbocoms and shrouded thugs
No N9 caster for contesting globas
Need to alchemize or trade for F gems
>>
File: 20170206195419_1.jpg (670KB, 1920x1138px) Image search: [Google]
20170206195419_1.jpg
670KB, 1920x1138px
>>167571029
Why not Sloth 3?
>>
>>167571247
I like expanding hard even when I have a only 2 land neighbors on my cap. Leaking Land has a lot fewer connections per province on average than stuff like snerdryn/hexawyr.
>>
>>167571309
yeah but you just get fucked by strong indies anyway
>>
>>167571349
Wolfrider exp parties can take heavy cav np
>>
>>167568531
You may want to hold off on starting that, actually, since I've got around a dozen more minor bugs to fix in WH.
>>
How often do RP threads start up?
>>
>>167572759

For threads you want /tg/. But if you meant games, then not super frequently, but occasionally? There've been two in pretty swift succession though, so I dunno when the next'll be.
>>
>>167574761
>threads
I have no idea why I said that.

And damn. I might just jump into a normal game then, whenever they start. -- How often to newb-games start? And is that even a good idea, or does it encourage bad learning?
>>
>>167574825

There's usually a game or two starting up each week. Newb games are fairly frequent, and usually moreso after Steam Sales. Dunno what's recruiting at the moment though. I'd suggest checking the /v/anheim postings. Many games get threads for recruitment there, and the newb games definitely tend to, because if you run them anonymously then Malakal joins.
>>
>>167574825
What's your steam ID? There's a secret noob game starting soon
>>
File: 1483718557134.png (232KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1483718557134.png
232KB, 439x290px
>>167575061
>>
>>167574825
Newb games are great for learning if you're new.

Everyone will probably end up playing highly suboptimally, but the most important thing to learn in dominions is how to counter enemy strategy and tactics. A newb game gives you a lot more room to get some practice in that area.
>>
>>167575061

Forgot my name there
>>
tfw no supple new players to teach the pleasure of being diplomanced for the very first time
>>
>>167575548
except diplomancing is the only applicable outside skill a player can bring in
>>
RIP Fomoria
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-06_11-01-46.png (235KB, 1440x838px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-06_11-01-46.png
235KB, 1440x838px
>>167576976
>>
File: 1396227679519.jpg (86KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1396227679519.jpg
86KB, 640x512px
>Newb
>Needs 500 hours of single player to advance
>Beginner
>Needs consistent 16 province expansions to advance
>Competent Beginner
>Needs ??? to advance
What is "???" and how do you obtain it?
>>
>>167577725
Diplomancy
>>
>>167577725
Autism.
>>
>>167577725
An actual mid to end game. So, >>167578457.

Any chump can get 16 expansions.
>>167578310
That's from competent to expert.

Experts can eventually ascend to master. However, mastery requires innovation. There is only one current master, and his name is Tokshen.
>>
>>167578517

All strategies were innovative when they were first used.
>>
>>167578517
>tfw I have innovation but I'm still a scrub
>>
>>167580807
reminder: Forester Bob was once cutting edge
>>
File: Provinces.png (237KB, 2042x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Provinces.png
237KB, 2042x1536px
Here are the score graphs from DriftKing, for anyone interested.
>>
File: Income.png (244KB, 2039x1532px) Image search: [Google]
Income.png
244KB, 2039x1532px
>>167581441
Income
>>
File: Gems.png (182KB, 2046x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Gems.png
182KB, 2046x1536px
>>167581530
Gems
>>
File: Research.png (159KB, 2038x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Research.png
159KB, 2038x1528px
>>167581625
Research
>>
>>167581358

Not really. That was a Dom4 game. SCs have been a fixture since the early Dom3 meta. It's just /domg/ were all turboscrubs then.
>>
>>167581712
>Jotun lagging
pathetic
>>
>>167581712
How do I still have better research than people? I have one province and haven't been able to recruit mages for like 20 turns.
>>
File: army.png (190KB, 2048x1548px) Image search: [Google]
army.png
190KB, 2048x1548px
>>167581712
Army
>>
>>167581530

What's that spike for everyone at the end? Well of Misery go up or something?
>>
>>167581952
I think it did actually.
>>
>>167581778

I'm pretty sure that one is Niefel, senpai.
>>
>>167581778
Note that Niefel=/=Jotun.

There are several reasons for my research being shite. Having drain scales is one. More importantly... the Niefel mages are incredibly expensive, this is the main source of problem. Both blood hunting and research has to be done by mages with 200 upkeep each. I realise now that the research issues could have been avoided by going for revenants early, but that plan also relies on not having drain scales.
>>
>>167581952
Yeah, that is well of misery cast by TC (also noticeable in the gem graph)
>>
>>167582145
>drain scales
why?
>>
>>167582374

Not that guy, but I'm guessing because E9N9 Niefel Giants are SPECTACULARLY difficult to kill, and that bless also lets you do silly things with Jarls and Skratti (Turbocommunioned or otherwise).
>>
>>167581839
Everyone can thank mictlan for the bats huge army. I was in the process of removing them when the retard decided to hit me in the back and save them.
>>
>>167582374
Basically, because I needed to pay for an expensive bless.. yeah. My line of reasoning was that drain causes less harm to Niefel compared to the average nation as all of its mages are high RP/high cost.

Only after I was deep into the game did I find out about the Magic scales/ revenants/ hidden in snow plan which seem quite good, so think I will do that next time around.
>>
>>167583312
what bless?
actually post your whole pretender
>>
>>167583615

Nothing like public scrutiny.

The pretender is a monolith with N9/S7/E4 and O3/S1/C3/G2/M2/D1 scales.

The desire for rings was just too strong.
>>
>>167577725
Needs to legitimately (everybody fights you till the last turn) win one (1) MP game.
>>
>>167584940
>(everybody fights you till the last turn)
I've never played a legitimate game of Dominions 4, win or lose.
>>
>>167583312
>hidden in snow
Aww shit nigga, I forgot about that spell in my current Niefelheim game.

>>167585105
I did, was my first win and I was fighting 4v1 till the very end.
>>
How much units/commanders can you expect when casting Hidden in Snow? The spell is rather pricy.
>>
>>167586671
1-3 commanders and 30+ units I believe
they're fairly strong but still not worth their cost
>>
>>167586671

It dependsâ„¢

I wouldn't cast it unless you want the mage, which can be one(usually) or more of D1?4 (2 x 50% D, 3 x 50% of E, 3 x 50% of W)
>>
>>167546715
Go AI

t. totally not bird
>>
>>167571029
I'm not really sure what the point of this pretender or strategy is when you can easily get N9 + loadsascales on Jotunheim thanks to the Irminsul, and Skratti mean that you're perfectly capable of getting some frost demons for midgame if you really need some actual troops when you're not drowning shit in skeletons and every other spell that makes non-undead miserable
>>
>>167587151
Getting lucky with 3E would be nice, but I guess that's not worth the cost.
>>
>>167588572
because you get to add devils to your existing tactics. Jotunheim is in no way reliant on N9 for anything, since skratti thugs already regen and their sacreds aren't crucial to expansion.

Frost demons are okay, but you're getting 1/turn from an StR mage and you can only start getting them much later than contracts at cons 2 (when you want cons 4 by the midgame anyways)

It has tradeoffs (mentioned in the post), but it also has some pretty obvious merit.
>>
>beat Jotunheim back to his cap
>Vanarus jumps me
FECK OFF YE FECKIN BASTARDS
>>
>>167588781
How would you use them, then? Raiding or supplementing your own troops in battle? Since, the way I've played jotunheim in the past tended to have high attrition rates on stuff that wasn't mages.
>>
Lemurian thread
>>
>>167589016
heh
>>
>>167589016
I warned you about Vanarus bro, why didn't you listen?
Offer stills stands.
>>
Soul Vortex only deals health damage, right? No fatigue?
>>
WH 5.8

A bunch of minor bugfixes and I merged the (nn) version with the main mod, since that's the one you lot were actually using anyway and I didn't feel like doing two uploads every time I changed a line.
>>
>>167569615
>Getting rid of story events
>Hating fun
>>
Does AP attacks halve full protection value or only protection value from actual Armor? Eg if your unit has 10 protection from natural toughness and 10 from armor, will Prot after AP be 15, or 10?
>>
>>167595053

Full protection value, before roll.
>>
Reminder that MA Ermor has never won a game in Summod
>>
>>167595596
By the time this game ends, that will no longer be true.
>>
>>167595882
You are technically correct.
>>
Everyone else in the cast seems to have an equivalent pretender, but what about Kanna?
>>
>>167595920
>>167595882
Actually, no. That's only true if the OG Ermor wins. Otherwise, the win will belong to 'Beige Ermor' or somesuch.
>>
>>167595934
Ainu mythology is too minor to be represented in this game.
>>
>>167595596
How many games has Summod MA Ermor even played
>>
>>167595934
Celestial Dragon is the closest
>>
>>167596381
Not many. The point remains.
>>
>>167595934
Is Tohru just a generic Green Dragon with fire paths then?
>>
>>167596381
>>167596474
It's a 0% win rate every bit as valid as vanilla thed's former 50% win rate.

Luckily, one of their heroes had a bug that got fixed. This might just be the buff that they needed!
>>
>>167595882
>Ermor cast Burden of Time
>nobody AIs
JUST
>>
>>167596474
Oh, sorry. What was the point then?
>>
>>167596573
>one of their heroes had a bug that got fixed
What was the bug?
>>
>>167596962
Their Archcensor was supposed to bring a few Lictors with him into battle. He does that now.
>>
>>167597017
Literally useless. He's supposed to summon 1 free lictor each turn, that was his use.
>>
>>167597017
>tribless ermor buffs
SYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>167596072
Which Ermors are even the bestest Ermors atm?
>>
I know its possible to mod a monster that summons other monsters automatically every turn in battle but are there any in the base game that actually do it?
>>
"Um!"

- Sy, 2017
>>
File: 1411750406810.jpg (7KB, 152x225px) Image search: [Google]
1411750406810.jpg
7KB, 152x225px
>when you stealthily try to rush a gud global
>>
>>167597653
Anything with D2 c:
>>
>>167598107
Cute!
>>
>>167599042
Technically one of those monsters empowered to D2 would be able to continue spamming shit even after they got fatigued. I'm just wondering if this is like reforming which is a whole mechanic that only a single monster uses.
>>
>>167598107
>>167599131
Is Sy the cutest person on /domg/?
>>
>>167599246
stahp
>>
File: 1336925426171.png (7KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
1336925426171.png
7KB, 191x234px
>>167599347
>>
>>167599246

This shit is way too gay for me and I like traps.
>>
t. sotha
>>
>>167568531
your FUCKING map link is BROKEN
>>
>>167600008
Liking traps isn't gay, though.
>>
File: 1484842644674.png (354KB, 594x593px) Image search: [Google]
1484842644674.png
354KB, 594x593px
>>167601027
>>
File: 2641_2.png (23KB, 72x118px) Image search: [Google]
2641_2.png
23KB, 72x118px
bump the thread you fags
>>
Sy sounds like the kind of guy who was bullied in high school and i want to bully him too
>>
>>167604686
Too bad you're a fucking scrub compared to him. A FUCKING SCRUB
>>
>>167604686
>Bullying Sy
In dominions, Sy bullies you
>>
why does dominions the best gaem?
>>
>>167606290
Because it is jealous.
>>
>>167606351
but why is it a jealousy? Can not be untold riches without?
>>
>>167606428
no
>>
>>167606467
oh
>>
At least foreign language guy was keeping the thread bumped
>>
Gonna play some pic related while waiting for turns.
What about you /domg/?
>>
>>167608903
Finishing lab reports, practicing organic chemistry reactions, answering stupid questions my noob game players are asking which can be easily googled (X dont work, what do?), practicing PhysicalExamination for my girlfriend who has the PE test tomorrow for her residency, occasionally contemplating if it's easier to just jump out the window than dealing with all this shit.

Normal stuff.
>>
>Blood slaves now properly tagged as female
trapfags btfo
>>
>>167609230
You sound like a much more productive version of me. Studying Bioengineering myself.

Gotta study Analytical Chemistry for the next 2 days since those are free of work and lectures.
>>
>>167609359
>Trannies now are actual girls
More like they finished their gender transition, senpai.
>>
>>167540825
This game taught me to always check who's been staling every couple of turns. It was embarrassing when I asked to negotiate with Abysia and they were AI. Also it was nice to see that Caelum and Jotunheim AI'd because it let me grab some free provinces.
>>
>>167608903
Playing Warlords Battlecry 3

I should make a mod that adds all these races to Dominions as nations
>>
>>167608903
In two days I'll be done with my last exam and then I'll have to work on my thesis. Was thinking of trying Temple of Elemental Evil in the meanwhile, anyone got anything to say about it?
>>
>>167609502
next stop: Ker-Ys
>>
>>167610157
>Warlords Battlecry 3
what if dominions were a RTS
>>
>>167610701
It would be garbage that relied on MUH APM

At least WBC3 doesn't make any claim to being balanced.
>>
>>167610701
>>167610868
Neither does Dominions, to be fair.

I hate that multiplayer revolves almost exclusively around the warlords, though.
>>
>>167608903
Still finishing up Dark Souls. Gotta save mai waifu Dusk. She better not be dead.
>>167609230
>>167609464
Holy SHIT it feels good not being a STEMlord.
>>167610970
And I hate that Dominions multiplayer revolves almost exclusively around the magic.
>>
>>167611065
The magic in Dominions is actually deep and interesting, though. In WBC, the warlords themselves pretty quickly obviate the actual units when an assassin/warrior can run in and destroy literally everything or a mage can turn them all into farm animals by accident
>>
>>167611191
I was being semi serious.
>>
>>167608903
Playing DOOM and pretending I don't have to do a load of shit along the lines of >>167609230
>>
>>167611581
Doom 4? Heard it was pretty good. Like a 3d return to the original series as opposed to the horror-lite game that was Doom 3
>>
>>167610405
dont play it, tip
>>
>>167611659
It's officially not numbered so they don't have to acknowledge Doom 3, but yes. It's fucking amazing, most fun I've had with a pure shooter since, perhaps, my high school days playing Day of Defeat in a dark room with a dozen other teenagers.
>>
Fuckin' Warlords Battlecry 4 when, illfraud?
>>
>>167611659
Doom 1 was a horror-lite game.

Doom 4 is pretty bad desu. It's more like a series of kind-of-connected arenas than the labyrinth Doom 1&2 were.
>>
File: cEkpLoQ.png (97KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
cEkpLoQ.png
97KB, 639x480px
give me a name
>>
>>167612059
Jlalec
>>
>>167612059
Cruxador
>>
File: xhwLP4Q.png (106KB, 646x505px) Image search: [Google]
xhwLP4Q.png
106KB, 646x505px
which race
>>
>>167612059

Toucan Sam
>>
>>167612302
Klackon Lizardman
>>
>>167612302

The fuck's a klackon?
>>
File: FY5TIIn (1).png (50KB, 646x505px) Image search: [Google]
FY5TIIn (1).png
50KB, 646x505px
>>
File: 1486403742454.png (88KB, 638x395px) Image search: [Google]
1486403742454.png
88KB, 638x395px
>>167612302
>>
>>167612437
Bug people. Also seen in Master of Orion.
>>
>>167612591
hol' up

The same people made MoM as MoO

Why did I not see this before.
>>
>>167612185
>check out the Steam forums, minding my own business
>freeze
>it's fucking Cruxador
>that faggot
>nowhere is safe
>reminisce about all the times I've argued with him
>smile, and head back to 4chan
>this is the first post I see
What.
>>
>>167613070
It's a meme because his quadbless jaguar got domkilled.
>>
File: file.png (16KB, 204x91px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
16KB, 204x91px
>>167612665
There are even same heroes, my dude.
>>
Game: DontStaleDesuSenpai
Turn number 67
Next turn due: 05:39 GMT on Tuesday February 7th
Caelum 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
>Oceania Waiting for 2h file

GMT time now: 10pm

>7 hours before the first stall from 67 turns of no stalling
>>
>>167613190
7 hours is plenty of time. I'm sure it'll be fine. =)
>>
>>167613120
But I've been running into him for years, on YouTube and Reddit. I think he's into me. Okay maybe I'm into him.
>>
>>167613173
>mfw my fleets have been fielding LITERAL sorcerers
>mfw I have no face because I'm a silicoid
>>
>>167612591
Where do I get them?
GoG?
>>
>>167613809

Got it in one.
>>
>>167613070
I almost never post on Steam. How did you even manage to do that?
It was pretty weird for me to see my name unexpectedly too.

>>167613287
We must be soulmates, let's fuck.
>>
>>167614104
Post a blog about it when you do.
>>
>>167614104
It was a post from 2014, but hey, the Steam Forums aren't that active. And I only got there through wikipedia, which is why this whole thing is slightly mind-blowing.

And I'm not sure about fucking, I want this to be pure. Unless you bring Sy along. Thanks again for the Tankard Basher, I'm a big fan.
>>167614162
Why wait when we could blog now.
>>
>>167614162
Oh yeah new blog starting up at the usual place, by the way. There's just the intro now though. Actual turns start a week from yesterday.

>>167614502
>I only got there through wikipedia
Now I want to know the specifics. What did I say in 2014 that wikipedia will take you to? What wikipedia article is it?
Tankard basher isn't really mine, I just uploaded it with a translation.
>>
>>167614727
I meant I got onto the steam forums from the link they've got in the Dominions article.

I think it's just that we share too many niche hobbies. Like we've got
>Dominions 4
>Song of Swords
>Dwarf Fortress
AT LEAST. With stuff like that, you're bound to run into each other.
>>
>>167611065
Magic is literally the entire game of Dominions though. WBC3 has a bunch of interesting races and stuff that are basically invalidated because the hero unit is retardedly OP.
>>
>>167615441
I play with level 10 or 20 warlords with friends. That works out pretty okay.
>>
>>167615363
Well, that makes sense I suppose. Not sure what the takeaway is except that maybe we should be friends or something.
>>
>>167615363
To be fair, I'm betting like 50% or more of this general also plays those games and browses /tg/
>>
Ah, well Man is now eating me too.
Be careful not to collide with Asphodel then.
>>
>>167615510
Gotta ban Undead Necromancer though, since that gets online at like level 5 and never stops being OP as fuck.
>>
>>167615668
I literally have the DF forums and 2 /tg/ generals (awg, infinity) open right now.
Lotsa overlap amongst autismos.
>>
>>167615668

Yes, except for Song of Swords, which I have never even heard of. My interest has been piqued however. What is?
>>
>>167615921
Semi-realistic simulationist RPG about swordsmen.
>>
>>167616324

Like vidya, or Riddle of Steel style tabletop? I'm googling but I'm getting a lot of novels and GRRM cross contamination.
>>
>>167615921
Tabletop
>>
>>167616605
It's modeled on Riddle of Steel, the original mandate is to make a RoS that didn't suck in various ways. Although honestly I mostly like it for the setting. You can find the generals almost constantly on /tg/.
>>
>>167617405

Neat. On a scale from Called-shots-to-the-groin I-am-become-plate-armoured-MASTER-OF-MY-OWN-MORTALITY Riddle of Steel to "Better armour makes you harder to hit and you can fight at full efficiency down to 1HP!" D&D, how realistic simulationist are we talking here?
>>
>>167617779
>"Better armour makes you harder to hit and you can fight at full efficiency down to 1HP!" D&D
Not gonna argue about D&D being remotely realistic (it's really bad at simulating actual melee fights), but AC is supposed to be explained as the goblins' primitive swords hammering into the platemail without doing more than denting the steel, not "he missed."
>>
Is crusher construction gud?
>>
>>167618879
very situational.

crushers are useful, but E gems are REALLY good.
>>
>>167615692
Didn't realize you even had an army left. You were all gloom and doom, and Aspho was all "yeah, I rekt his shit".
>>
>>167618996
I will still fight, even though it is not looking good for me. This child of Bhava-Agra will not relinquish so easily!
>>
>>167618943
what do I use them for? I have enough gems. I can cast some powerful erf spells but my mages are only E3 with boo(s)ts.
>>
>>167616605
It was based on Riddle of Steel, IIRC

I'm not big on it, I've seen the generals around though
>>
>>167619768
an earth elemental (1 gem) is a lot killier than a crusher

In general, though, I spend my E gems on items; boots, armor, reinvig when nature's tight. Maws and Marble Warriors and Earthquake and Rain of Stones. Gate cleavers when I need to cleave a gate or a fat statue inside of the gate. Clockwork horrors for killing stuff with SoG and WoS.

In summod I like siege golems too.
>>
>>167619705
Eh, if you take back the farm no hard feelings, I was more under the impression that either I take it or Asphodel would this turn.

I'll be sending in a league of autist monks so I can more closely monitor the situation. I won't actually send any devoted forces to attack beyond mercs unless you progress beyond what I took this turn.
>>
>>167617779
>>167618346
Yeah, D&D HP is an abstraction, because D&D isn't a simulationist system.

Nothing wrong with simulationist systems, mind, though they tend to be clunky.
>>
>>167620036
I will more likely die of Dom death pretty soon due to Asphodel's cheap temple spam so if you wish to enable them by giving them a free cap, you are welcome to stay on the sidelines.
>>
>>167619705
I've seen legit 4 Kailasa pretenders named Hinanawi Tenshi. They were unrelated in build and not from the same player.

buncha weebs, I tell ya hwat
>>
>>167620014
What are SoG and WoS? And I always though clockwork horrors were shit.
Also
>arco
>ask domg if I should take bless for pegasus riders
>"no they suck" t. malakal
>currently wrecking shit with W9E4
What the fuck /domg/
>>
>>167597653
>I know its possible to mod a monster that summons other monsters automatically every turn in battle but are there any in the base game that actually do it?
Worm Mage has a permanent Swarm up in essence.
>>
>>167621850
I take an awake N9 for golems, since Arco kinda needs them.
>>
Whats your fucking problem Ctis and Bandar Log? or are you some how not privy to a skeleton army coming down on you while you waste time playing musical chairs with my provinces.
>>
Hey guys. I'm fairly new to dominions. I played it for a bit and then put it down and picked it up again. Anyway. Recently looked into marignon. Kinda liked MA and have some idea what i'm doing but wtf do i do LA. I have kind of gotten the idea that its leaned heavily into blood now and got that down pat from my LA Ulm experience. But an ideal pretender, scales, and (good) expansion escape me.

Pretender i lean towards baphomet, its cheap enough and i can scale up astral and blood nicely. Something like 7 of each with 8ish dom. Then heat and order up with misfourtune. I think i squeeze in some magic for research. It feels right but idk.

Expansion is what gets me mostly. Crossbows are core, but what is good for front line? There is nothing with shields like in MA so arrow catching isnt great.

Tldr; can any kind anons help my LA marignon game?
>>
>>167626105
I'll just say what I do. If I have a lot of gold I'll buy royal guards, if I'm strapped for cash I'll buy halberdiers for the MM2 and castle defense bonus. Awakes are good, you are vulnerable in the early game.
>>
File: file.png (465KB, 638x513px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
465KB, 638x513px
>>167624208
>skeleton army coming down on you
How about you fuck off, you retarded nigger? You deserve everything that comes your way. Here are my skeletons, which is exactly 0 (zero). If I had to attack someone, I'd remove your irritating ass first as well.
>>
>>167626105
You build your pretender, more often than not, to cast specific spells. What are you building it to cast? Anything higher than that is wasted points.

Does your nation need research, or does it need gold? How about resources? Take those into account. Temperature dumping is good, keep doing that.

I tend to use Swordsmen as a frontline for LA Marignon expansion, but you're right in that they don't have an ideal arrow-catcher available. You could try Royal Guards.
>>
>>167626105
LA Marignon really, really likes an awake expander.

Your recruitable expansion parties frontline with royal guards or pikeneers depending on scales and what you're hitting. Arrow lures are essential against crossbow provinces.

My personal favorite Mari expander is the awake Hun Balam, since it can take Blood/Fire for soul contracts while still being strong enough to expand against many of the easier indy provinces. The classic Mari expander is an E4 thrice-horned boar, but it has a variety of options, and can even take an N9E4 awake if you're willing to trade scales for a bless.
>>
>>167626652
>Sceleria
>Zero skeletons

RUSH SCELERIA
>>
>>167626803
I was going for the big fallen/angels. Figured it was a good way to build. I like big SC type end game (like MA eremor with tarts/BoT). I guess its the 'Timmy' gamer in me.
>>
File: 1468238025832.jpg (332KB, 1503x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1468238025832.jpg
332KB, 1503x1656px
post stuff
>>
>>167630785
Zakhar = Amuys
Vasya = Literally stabbed by a meth head anon
Evgeny = Malakal
Artyom = the entire thread
Boris = Cirno
Dima = Okofire
>>
>>167631053
Amuys was the one stabbed.
>>
>>167631267
Oh. Well then shit. Who's Zakhar?
>>
>>167631918
Moggers!
>>
>>167608903
That game looks cool. Should I pirate it?
>>
kyou mo ganbatte ne /domg/
>>
Who are 4th turning pelagia and agartha, please?
>>
>>167634620

I'm one of those. Who wants to know?
>>
>>167632963
Old game. Kinda like Homm, but they removed strategic unit placement. Instead there are two "rows" of units and limited to 6 unit spaces (small units take 1, big takes 2, 4 etc). Lacks a lot of magic diversity unlike HoMM, but places more focus on SC in their game. Also werewolves are OP.
>>
>>167634668
>Aran strikes again.
>>
>>167634748

I like where you're going with this. Tell me more.
>>
>>167634726
Oh. I was hoping from the description on wiki it would have comfy base building.
>>
>>167634620
>>167634860

Srsly tho, txt me bby. Or are you just trying to bully me?
>>
>>167635386
I received a message from you and you will be receiving a message from me. This message is to let you know that such message is incoming.
>>
>>167635530

This message is to acknowledge that I have received your message RE: the incoming message.
>>
File: 1485502073771.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485502073771.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>decide to play multiplayer game
>somehow lose 2 battles against independents right at the start
>invisible elves taking over all my zones
>finally fight them back to capital
>berytos has surrounded me on all sides and crushes me like a vice

gg
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (281KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
281KB, 1680x1050px
annoying till the end
>>
>arguing about wether Yomi is good or not
>Bitching about CoE4
>turnbullying
>Bitching about namefags

Jesus is this general frozen in time? I've been gone a year and it's still the same. Did that community Clash thing ever happen?

did we win?
>>
>>167637313
it's happening right now
>>
>>167637521
any news from the front?
>>
I warned you about that province Ulm.
>>
>>167637591
RPGCodex's MA Pan player is confused, and currently believes he's MA Ulm.

Cause we've been waiting on that 1 fuck for more than a day now.
>>
>>167635171
By comfy as in "click...done" HoMM style then yes, it's "comfy".
>>
>>167515203
I'm atlantis and I'm here to say:
fuck you, squids: erf sneks are gay.
>>
File: picrelated.png (186KB, 661x378px) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.png
186KB, 661x378px
>>167638868
>>
Owl quill, lantern and spoopy skull... are there any other research boosters beside these?
>>
>>167639037
imp familiar
>>
Game: DontStaleDesuSenpai
Turn number 67
Next turn due: 05:39 GMT on Tuesday February 7th

Caelum 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
>Oceania Waiting for 2h file

GMT time: 4:35 AM

1 hour left til /domg/ record ends.

it's because I won.
>>
>>167639203

What record?
>>
>>167637958
Wait. He'd rather be MA Ulm than MA Pan?

Why don't they just let him.
>>
File: sovirus header.png (227KB, 780x538px) Image search: [Google]
sovirus header.png
227KB, 780x538px
>>167497871
Are you sure
>>
>>167639514
It's a meme, MA Ulm is famous for staling.
>>
>>167639650
doesn't help that grib exclusively plays MA Ulm
>>
>>167639826
He's actually played EA abysia from time to time. Usually when the game is EA only.
>>
>>167639453
I assume he means turns without staling. I don't know if that's an actually recorded thing though.
>>

3 more madmen needed.

A link to Leaking_Lands 3.1 is included in the game menu now. The 3.2 version is the same with a few more nostarts added that I don't feel like remaking.
>>
DontStaleDesuSempai (DSDS) has ended with Mictlan winning. So this is my first MP victory, but honestly I don't feel like I've earned it myself. This is my first MP game that ended and I think this is my 3rd MP game.

So i'll give a brief summary of what I saw in the game:

Started great with W9S9 blessing jaguars with expansion. Saw Caelum and Ermor. I had a good pocket of land for myself. At the end of early expansion I had somewhere around 23 or 24 provinces while everyone else had less than 20 all around. I saw Maverni get swallowed by Niefelhelm and Abysia getting raped by Ulm by the end of the 2nd year or so. I saw Caelum's army hit around 700+ and so Niefelhelm and Ulm attacked. When Caelum was chopped down to 3 provinces I invaded Niefelhelm along with Oceania and Ermor. I had some really interesting fights between Niefelhelm (for better or worse). That's when I realised Ermor's throne was naked without a fort. So I teleported my pretender and Ashmedai to the province to snipe that throne for the win. That's when I realised by Fountain pretender of water drowned in a water province. Luckily I didnt have a prophet so I quickly prophetized Ash to take the win.

Lessons learned:
Leech is hella good
Blood Vortex hella sucks
bloodletting is battlefield Aoe (and hella good for comm sniping)
I designed my pretender to cast Astral corruption, but I had no time to cast it. And luckily I didn't cast it at all so the teleports weren't affected.
Looming hell without dominion sucks
I forgot about jade knives until turn 60 LOL.
Allies are good.

GG everyone. It pays not to be an ass oceania.
>>
>>167638993
... mage support?
>>
File: DSDS victory.jpg (1MB, 1600x5816px) Image search: [Google]
DSDS victory.jpg
1MB, 1600x5816px
Oh whoops for the charts
>>
>>167641236
Well there is one now. 67 turns of no stalls thanks to the admin's naming genius.
>>
>>167643941
>>167644063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM
>>
>>167644739
>Dub
Thanks. Who was the admin by the way?
>>
>>167644854
Caelum
Dont really feel comfortable giving out his steam name
>>
File: 1485664119248.jpg (417KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1485664119248.jpg
417KB, 1008x1008px
What is the most redpilled nation fit for Deus Vult?
>>
>>167646625
All nations basically do what their god wills. Even if their god eats children or wants to kill everything.

Marignon for literal crusaders.
>>
I'm looking at the wish parsing and apparently you can use it to kill your own pretender... Can you use wish to snipe another gods pretender? Can't seem to find any clear answers on it, and not getting any results from testing.
>>
>>167647232
Yes. You need to input pretender's name.
>>
>>167647325
What's the syntax for that, just literally put the pretender's name?
>>
>>167647509
"kill [name]"
>>
File: file.png (141KB, 841x311px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
141KB, 841x311px
>>167647509
This is how you do it.
>>
>>167647693
SNEK STRONK
>>
>>167647684
>>167647693
I appreciate it. I shall use this new found knowledge to meme.

Pretty much nothing in the game can survive that shit right? The soul slay is a guarantee hit right?
>>
>>167643941

ashmedai?
>>
>>167647853
Most gods in their own dominion will survive that, and soul slay is not (as far as I know) affected by penetration boosters, so it's pretty mediocre all around.
>>
>>167647693
>>167647853
Oh wait nevermind just saw the pretender survived in the example you posted. My bad it's late. Guess attack a dom 10 pretender in their own dominion might be near impossible.
>>
>>167647920
demon lord
>>
>>167643941
for the record Oceania got all my innovative battles
>>
>>167643941
GG

DSDS 2, when?

>I predicted that you or Oceania will win since you were mostly sheltered while we were fighting all the time. Ermor was passive too but had to little space to expand because of our Ulm-Nifelheim-Caelum clusterfuck.
>>
File: Dom4G.jpg (92KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dom4G.jpg
92KB, 640x720px
>>167648871
pic related
>>
>>167637835

>get elfed in every province
>fight off elves
>go kill someone else
>get elfed again

B'hai, that inner sea there thar do be'it some troubles, b'y.
>>
>>167651152
Are you a literal retard? Anyone could have told you this was coming.
>>
>>167651152
>>167651183
shit, dude, people DID tell you this was coming.
>>
>>167651183

I act on facts, not whimsy, fear or hope. Twas no way for me to know what the elves would do, not for surety - so I simply did what any gentleman would do, and continued with my affairs. Which include, of course, preparing for the elvish invasion. My air elemental counter came online this turn. I very much look forward to testing it.
>>
>>167651462
Evidence: Elves attacked you, already proving their intentions.

To choose to believe that they wouldn't do so again was irrational
>>
>>167651559

To have been turned back once might be enough, for a man. But perchance they might need to be turned back twice. I'm willing to teach that lesson, need be. Although this time it will end with their armies crushed, their people driven before us, and the lamentations of their women.
>>
>>167651779
unless you've got the power of friendship on your side this time, I wouldn't count on it
>>
>>167615363
There's other SoS anons here?

Fuck's sake
>>
>>167652348
I found Dominions from /tg/ so...
>>
>>167652405
a dominions splat for SoS would be pretty cool
>>
>>167632963
Nah, I'm quite dissapointed with it. Really, REALLY shallow. I think I'll just play AoW2 instead.
>>
>>167608903
I've been flip-flopping between reading bad fanfiction and playing (losing) the first step on a Crusader Cucks 2 lineage
>>
File: 20170207112518_1.jpg (91KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170207112518_1.jpg
91KB, 1366x768px
Well done on ascending, WATER FOR THE WATER GOD, god of Mictlan, played by Kurple!

Here's the graphs
>>
File: 20170207112520_1.jpg (71KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170207112520_1.jpg
71KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: 20170207112521_1.jpg (97KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170207112521_1.jpg
97KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: 20170207112522_1.jpg (90KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170207112522_1.jpg
90KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: 20170207112523_1.jpg (74KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170207112523_1.jpg
74KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: 20170207112524_1.jpg (94KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170207112524_1.jpg
94KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>167642863
I'll join as Marignon. Do I go for a conventional N9E4 bless or something more interesting?
>>
File: 20170207112526_1.jpg (100KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170207112526_1.jpg
100KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>167653860
>>167653941
>>167654031
>>167654105
>>167654218
>>167654317
>>167654407
Welp, I'm an idiot and missed that Mict had posted all the graphs ealier
oh vell

I went with a rainbow that was going to summon Caelum's nationals, but ended up not being able to. Because i had the worst fucking site distribution. I think my highest A gem income was like +7/turn, and I was fighting a 3 front war.

Aside from that, I turtled way too much. I allowed Niefel and Ulm to attack me when they felt comfortable, rather than getting an initial hit in. I also didn't use my existing gems incredibly well. As soon as I hit Evo 5 and conj 2 I should have attacked Niefel, and then rushed Conj 5 for air ele spam, then gone hard for Alt for fog warriors. I instead did fokall until I already had fog warriors and beat the shit out of an Ulm army with it. Aside from that victory, I didn't really do much.

All in all, great game! I had a lot of fun! DSDS2 starts today when I get back from work.
>>
How does this look for a MA Marignon pretender? Cow can take most provinces without too much trouble and a handful of Knights of the Chalice running just E9 can flatten most things without casualties.
>>
>>167655605

You'll probably want some paths, scales and a chassis.
>>
File: Marignon.png (453KB, 657x467px) Image search: [Google]
Marignon.png
453KB, 657x467px
>>167655605
Forgot to attach him.
>>
>>167638868

fug u atlantis ur mean and a bully
>>
>>167652405
I found Dominions from that one hilariously scrublord PC gamer article. Glad they did it though.

SoS isn't that huge on /tg/ though.
>>167652467
desu the two settings aren't hugely different.
>>
File: 20170207102749_1.jpg (138KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170207102749_1.jpg
138KB, 1024x768px
>>167655698

Get Growth 3 before you think about Prod 3. ALWAYS get Growth 3 first, unless you're playing Ermor, LA R'lyeh, or Lemuria.

Yes, Paladins and Knights of the Chalice are resource heavy as fuck. Yes, Prod 3 helps with that. Still probably not worth crippling your income lategame for. Take a point of drain to go to Prod2 if you must, but Growth is a no-brainer.

You also have the points spare to go N2, which is worthwhile for the ability to cast Personal Regen.
>>
>>167656005
Drain I can get behind since Marignon has such cheap lab-rats but is unrest3 really worth the luck?
>>
>>167656129
Also is Thrice-Horned Boar worth the ten points savings?
>>
>>167656005
>3 luck
>3 unrest
for what purpose
>>
>>167656129
>>167656464

Generally with order/misfortune turmoil/luck you're better off going to extremes than taking neutral scales.
>>
>>167656505
Is the big hit to income worth the occasional event that gives you 1000 gold and gems? I tend to notice luck and unrest working well together but I think I notice a lot of things and I turn out to be wrong half the time.
>>
>>167656556

A lot of people really like it. However I find the loss of early gold (and therefore military power) highly dubious.
>>
>>167656656
Yeah it can fuck up your expansion if you're a noob.
>>
>>167656823
Being the shitter that I am I'll probably take neutral scales. That pair of extra knights might be what saves me early on. I'll try a few practice expansions and see how I do though.
>>
>>167656202

There's nothing you can really do with those ten points. It takes you from 4 left over to 14 left over. Which is two short of what you'd need for N3. Boar gets 4 more prot, Bull gets 80 more HP base. Practically, this means the Boar is slightly better for expanding, and the Bull is 8 HP/turn better once you've got Ench 2. They're both Berserker +5, so either way they're unlikely to take serious damage after they've been hit once.

>>167656656

I like it. If you're taking an awake, your recruiting during expansion doesn't need to be optimized for quite as hard, because an expander can make twelve provinces on their own. If you were going imprisoned, fair enough, the neutral scales or order would be a bigger deal.
>>
>>167656823

Early military power is for your first war, not your expansion. Prod or an awake help that, not early gold. A few extra mages or troops can make the difference in that war, and leave you either alive to pursue research goals or big enough to be on the road to potentially winning.
>>
>>167655605
>>167655698
Why E9 over N9?

Cavalry are already low-encumbrance, surely they'd get more survivability out of N9?

I'm not keen on awake if you're running a knight bless. In my experience they expand quite well already. Maybe on a cramped map where number of provinces is key.

>>167656005
If it's summod, I strongly recommend magic scales. With the addition of Pyriphlogos Incantation initiates are actually good , which lets you turboresearch without sacrificing combat power.

>>167656129
>Drain I can get behind since Marignon has such cheap lab-rats
You should be thinking the other way around. Higher research per mage (which almost always comes with more expensive mages) means you get hurt less by drain. Low research, but cheap mages, means you get much more benefit from magic scales.

For example, drain 1 is a 14% research reduction on initiates (from magic 0). If you are instead using Witch Hunters, you'd only see a 9% drop in research (though your research would still be worse than the initiates).
>>
>>167657147
The combination of knight bless and expander is mostly because I don't know how to plan out a late game pretender for Marignon and want to compensate with big early expansion. And my thinking with E9 was that either way my knights would be unkillable but E9 is better for mages. I think I'll rework this tomorrow though. It's late now and I'm tired.
>>
>>167657256
>I don't know how to plan out a late game pretender for Marignon and want to compensate with big early expansion
Fuck, I know that feel.

I don't even know what you're supposed to use Pretenders for, other than bless, expansion or the occasional innovative break-into-some-other-path.
>>
>>167657256

Going hard early is actually a good plan...

... everywhere but domg. Domg has diplomancers who will use any excuse to organize a gangbang on someone (often to cover up their own winningness). Some small communities are the same but they just target anyone who expands above a certain amount that they all otherwise rigidly stick to, or anyone who initiates a non-gangbang war. This is also why domg can't play graphs-on, the same thing happens but because someone has more research or gems than the rest of the pack.

E9 is actually a good choice because it makes the bull or boar not die at random sometimes, where a N9 bless will not confer upon them that ability. It's a hyperexpansion god design, and a good one for mari. How to play lategame as Mari is fairly simple, though. You just turn all your pearls into harbingers, and use air buffs on top of fire evos and xbows and elementals. S/A god to summon harbingers and make hats for them is a perfectly reasonable god. Add a splash of E for Crystal gear, and potentially enough A for the Air Queens or E for the E Kings, and you've got a gameplan.
>>
>>167657256
E9 is better for mages (though not so much in summod), but N9 helps your summons, so there's reasons to take either.

If you'd rather have stronger mage support more than stronger summons, that's fine.

Strong early expansion can work, just make sure to really stomp midgame with it.

>>167657386
Scales, bless, expansion are the three most major things.

After that, magic paths for important rituals and useful items.

Considering whether or not your pretender can SC later is also sometimes worthwhile.
>>
I'd take an N9E4 awake over an E9 desu

Boar does it with an extra scale if you take dom5
>>
>>167657692
Disagree. I was in the lead from the get-go in most of my wins.
>>
>>167657904
>Scales, bless, expansion are the three most major things.
Which often winds up with you having good scales, your one bless, and nothing else to do but expand.

I don't know what rituals and items I need to get that my mages couldn't make. The one thing I thought of was communion Matrices, but people said that wasn't worth going E2S2 for.
>>
Fuck all these dumb oxpigs. Run quadbless evilface
>>
>>167655406
MA?
Same factions?
How is it going to work?
>>
File: Putting the poodle in asspoodle.png (229KB, 484x371px) Image search: [Google]
Putting the poodle in asspoodle.png
229KB, 484x371px
rate my asspoodle
>>
>>167657692
I haven't found diplomancy to be particularly egregious here.

Most people just don't communicate (or watch the thread) at all, which puts you at a massive diplomatic disadvantage against anyone who puts in a modicum of effort.

>>167658062
I wouldn't say in the lead from the get-go, but I've been in the lead often without a gank.

Maybe we are the diplomancers.

>>167658128
The trick is fitting the useful paths in with your preferred bless, or getting as many useful paths as possible without compromising scales.

I assume when you wanted to do this
>The one thing I thought of was communion Matrices, but people said that wasn't worth going E2S2 for.
you had a pretender with a high new path cost, and no native E or S. That's really bad, because you could end up paying 4+ scales for E2S2.

Using with the marignon pretender earlier, if you want E9 you could choose hound of hades instead, and get D2 instead of N2. Or man-eater, and get B2 (at an additional cost of popeater).

You could sacrifice a scale to get up to D4/N4/B4, all of which open up a number of neat opportunities at varying stages of the game, all without significantly changing the cost or primary focus of the build.

Or you could just go E9 Earth Serpent, and save about half a scale compared to the next cheapest awake E9 option.

Basically, pick your most vital stuff (how are you going to expand? how strong a bless do you want? what scales do you want?) then try mess around with chassis/paths to see if you can get something useful cheap.
>>
>>167659217
>I haven't found diplomancy to be particularly egregious here.
>Most people just don't communicate (or watch the thread) at all, which puts you at a massive diplomatic disadvantage against anyone who puts in a modicum of effort.
That's mostly for beginner games, but I guess it also happens in intermediate games, which is a shame.
>>
>>167659217
That wasn't why at all -- in fact, it was with a Freak Lord, which while apparently shit for many other reasons has a new path cost of 10 (IIRC). This was for Lanka.

The basic advice was: either go full S9 (or S6 for reasons I do not know): http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1486153926176.jpg

Or drop S altogether and focus on blessing, "playing to Lanka's strengths" (which I am unsure of, beyond aiding expansion).

What I settled on was either B9N9 blood fountain or erf snek.
>>
>>167656556
I find I make way more money off T3 L3 than any other scales.
>>
>>167659997
As a newfag - continual mediocre money seems more useful than sporadic lump sums, no? With constant money you can recruit a mage/turn (and so on), but with lump sums you can still only recruit a mage/turn and you also can't necessarily recruit as much/turn when you don't have the lump sums.
>>
>>167659997
29 turns in and I had one (1) gold event.
It's far from reliable and I have to save gold like crazy.
>>
>>167658658
doesn't asphodel get awesome bonuses from growth?
>>
>>167659997
>>167660503

i think T3L3 is more useful for gem income and random chances to get good things such as mages.
>>
>>167660609

It gets significantly more freespawn.
>>
>>167660352
I dont know man, I never end up being able to buy as much stuff when I go full order.
>>167660503
Maybe I just got good L scales in real life.
>>
>>167660667

T3L3 is great with Magic 1, and moreso with Magic 3. Those get unlock the big money many gem super magic items events.

At magic 0 or below, it's not great compared to neutral scales.
>>
>>167660352
>>167660503
>>167660762
Also most T3 L3 applicable nations seem to be based around summons/freespawn anyway.
>>
>>167651462
>Air elemental counter

the fuck counters air elementals in the midgame anyway?
>>
>>167661279
More air elementals.
>>
>>167657692
This is actually about the opposite of what happens - expanding hard means everyone is too afraid to attack you, and doesn't trust anyone to help out in a gangbang. Being perpetually in the lead generally leads to victory, in domg moreso than any other community.
>>
File: 20170204092647_1.jpg (247KB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
20170204092647_1.jpg
247KB, 1600x838px
here's some more pics.
>>
File: 20170207002126_1.jpg (443KB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
20170207002126_1.jpg
443KB, 1600x838px
And the throne snipe that my fountain of water pretender drowned in.
>>
File: n.jpg (121KB, 497x589px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
121KB, 497x589px
>>167643941
Congratz with that Prince Of Lust! It threw me the fuck off.
We've lost, but at least I fucked Oceania' Tarrasque up at the last turn. This makes the roman satisfied.
GG
>>
>>167662357

Huh. I didn't think Lifeless stuff COULD drown.
>>
>>167662630
Might be a bug, sounds like one?
>>
>>167662719
>>167662630
That's what I thought. At first I thought there was a teleport failure, but then I realized the province was called void of worms. Well now we know.
>>
>>167661506
Okay, let me rephrase that. Air elemental counters mid game Ulm has access to.
>>
>>167665489

What age?
>>
>biggest player is running away with the game
>30 provinces, already eating another player, which I'm trying to help
>dumbass neighbour sends me "You're kinda big, aren't you..." message
JUST
>>
>>167667249
EA, obviously. Nothing over research level 5.
>>
>>167667576

This is probably one of the few reasons to play with graphs on.
>>
>>167667680
>>167667576
to be honest all players should be constantly be comunicating and exchancing screenshots all the turns.

i've had several games where everyone was aware of how many provinces each player had within an error of 1-4 provinces each turn.
There is nothing more dangerous for everyone that not knowing who is really in the lead.
>>
is this Ermor dogpile simulator ever going to start?
>>
>>167668260
is there a non-cancer place to download the map?
>>
>>167667668

These Size 4 Air Elementals (from Summon Lesser Elemental or Living Clouds) or Size 6?

If it's the former, you could probably put together a reasonable counter with a couple Bane Lords with amulets of giants and Storm Spools, plus the obligatory brand+shield+shroud. That's dependent on you having deepened your Death access from the 3 you top out with from Shaman+SkullStaff though. Although if it comes to that, Sleepers would do at a pinch. They need to work out to at least Size 4 though, or they're just gonna get trampled.

If it's the latter, you're probably gonna have to make do with whatever evospam you can get.
>>
>>167669141
>These Size 4 Air Elementals (from Summon Lesser Elemental or Living Clouds)
the former are size3
>>
>>167668154
Eh, screenshots sound like going a bit far.
Colored in maps are okay though, I've done those before and won that game as well.
>>
>>167669141
They would indeed be the size 6 ones. Fire eles are the go to counter I know of, but I highly doubt ulm can output even close to as many fire eles as vanheim can air eles.
>>
>>167669613
Colored in maps are the best. I one time tried to make an animation of my territory over the course of a game but for some reason everything got all fucked up when I tried to turn it into a gif.
>>
>>167656505
AND taking magic
you dont take TL for the money, you take it for the free gems
>>
>>167668528
Did you read the message on the game page?
>>
File: 34512335.jpg (231KB, 598x958px) Image search: [Google]
34512335.jpg
231KB, 598x958px
CC (kinda) started.
>>
>>167673783
>Aguas de Marco
Who is into bossa nova?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (614KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
614KB, 1680x1050px
RATTLE

R A T T L E
>>
>>167673783
Epic as usual, Bob.
>>
>>167673783
Where can I watch the transmission broadcast?
>>
>>167674707
On one hand, I was hoping to do slightly more damage before bringing in the mage support - flaming javelins not nearly as effective in the cold. Also didn't really want to lose that dusk elder.

On the other hand, not even in my wildest imagination did I think you'd freeze your own god to death for me.
>>
>>167675818
Wasting your mage turns, my boy. Won't end well in a long run.
>>
File: file.png (270KB, 825x209px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
270KB, 825x209px
>>167676085
Also, interesting paths. Are you really going for that purgatory meme?
>>
>>167676292
Only if people don't get the REEEEEEEEE out of my dominion.

But probably not, desu. I'm terrible at saving up gems for globals. I more did it to trapeze onto shit and do all sorts of horrible things.
>>
>>167675818
>>167676292
kek, I didn't even realize dusk elders had chill aura.

I'll just retake my stuff and your border forts. blue has been a dear and he deserves your capital.
>>
File: 20170208034454_1.jpg (679KB, 1920x1138px) Image search: [Google]
20170208034454_1.jpg
679KB, 1920x1138px
>>167674707
I too enjoy rattling
>Cyan Ermor said there are only 3 turns before he becomes unstoppable (or something)
>it's the 2nd turn and I'm about to attack his fort with 3x numbers (and probably 1-1 mages)
>>
Okay, so Aran with the aid of 2 other people got me to extend the turn timer on Fourth Turning, but I made him turn his turn in first.

Pretty sure he just sent in a dummy turn, cause he's lazy. Aid me in ensuring the turn rolls over quickly everyone.
>>
>>167676292
>Are you really going for that purgatory meme?
Purgatory's no meme, lad. It's the single strongest spell in the game.
>>
>>167670129
They don't need to. They win at 1:3 ratios.
>>
>>167677684
Okay, so this is what will happen. He's gonna skellyspam you. It will clog the gate. And you'll skelespam back. And it will clog everything. Nothing will get done the whole battle.

Then because you're the attacker you retreat and all your skeletons dissolve.
>>
>>167677684
sort your shit.

Put the soulless at the edges of your army AWAY from your DUSK ELDERS. Stack 3 or more boxes of them to force squares to fill even with the undisciplined skirmish formation. This makes them good evo bait. Space out your mages amidst armored skeletons of some sort to reduce their hp density.

>>167677813
Skelly spam eventually gets around the gate, actually, but it won't matter when the inside of his castle will be full too.
>>
>>167677813
Good point. Might just sit out here and domkill him like I originally planned to
>>
>>167677696
Pretty sure my ass, I specifically told you I sent in a Dummy turn so you would give me time to actually take my turn before it rolls over.
>>
>>167677995
HAH

no.

Do your turn
>>
>>167677905
yeah I fixed my formation after that battle already; terrible setup was mostly because I had my armies all colliding so a lot of guesswork was involved
>>
>>167677995
If you had time to do a dummy turn and pester nick and get two people to pester him with you, you had time to take your turn.

I'm going to turnbully the remaining players in hopes you stale.
>>
>>167678230
It took less than 5 minutes to ask a couple large people if they also wanted longer turns, and enter into, exit, and send in an incomplete turn. An actual turn can take upwards of an hour when you are in the mid game.
>>
>>167678460
Obviously Ur is a much bigger nation than the likes of Atlantis, Vanheim, and Xibalba then.
>>
>>167678668
We should clearly remove Ur then.

t. not bats, not elves, not ur's neighbor
>>
>>167678668
I wanted more time this turn because I am doing things all day, and for later turns because I am lazy. I asked people that were 20+ province nations, and nicknight assumed Lukas would back me on this, to get the timer put to 36 hours a couple turns early. I was bigger than Vaheim until this turn though, when they added Ulm's entire nation to their province count.
>>
>>167678735
t. nick
>>
>>167678668
I am Urs neighbor, and support removal.
>>
>Ur dominating yet another EA game
Nerfs when?
>>
>>167679919
so remove them
>>
>>167680504
I'm not going to be able to remove them on my own, for a variety of reasons. I will contribute to any removal efforts.
>>
>>167680593
Who borders Ur right now? I'll send gold to gangbangers.
>>
>>167681043
Kailasa, Abysia, Agartha, C'tis, Therados, Sauro, Arco, Hinnom. Its easy to border lots of people when you're huge.
>>
>>167681851
Who all borders Vanheim? Just curious
>>
>>167681897
Atlantis, Marverni, Ulm, Niefelheim, TNN, Sauro. And the BATMAN.
>>
File: 1355328289638.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1355328289638.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>big player is eating small player, who was eating another small player and will end up with two caps and their territories if nothing happens
>I was about to intervene when another neighbour started doing suspicious troop movements
>either attack the big guy while he's still busy and get fucked in the ass by the other player
>or miss my window of opportunity and get fucked by the big guy once he's finished finishing off the small guys, regardless if the other neighbour attacks me or not
>>
>>167682486
Who ate helheim?
>>
>>167683535
Niefelheim completely blocks Helheim's access to Vanheim.
>>
>>167683535
No one ate Helheim, Niefel just cut them off from Vanheim even UW with expansion.
>>167681851
Also I am bordered by Atlantis.
>>
>>167683235
you can only challenge the big guy by being big yourself, and you can only grow by attacking. Attack everyone
>>
>>167678114
You can hit y on a province to see everyone moving in. Or did you mean colliding by you weren't sure who was going to get attacked and not be able to move?
>>
>>167658551
MA, we take the factions that our factions become. For the most part, everyone will keep their nation, except for Marverni, who will be Marignon
>>
File: 20170207203142_1.jpg (247KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170207203142_1.jpg
247KB, 1680x1050px
>killed by post-battle combustion damage
I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.
>>
>>167684832
what combusted them?
>>
And DSDS2 is up!
Marverni and Ulm, if you could contact me on Steam (r850Mango) it'd be much appreciated
>>
>>167685130
Sootsayers with Sceptres of Authority.
Well shit, that's not something I would have thought of myself.
>>
>>167673783
>those edgy mcedge memenames
Christ, I hope we're the bobfaggots and not them.

>Die_Jaedong
Gee I wonder which site he comes from.
>>
>>167685847
We're the bob team. vanheim is the David Bowie fangays. Florida is the DM
>>
>>167686010
That is surprising but gladdening. Bowie is no pretender.
>>
>>167685847
>>those edgy mcedge memenames
It's SA
>>
>>167686178
Who else if not us?

SA was a mistake. At least our memes are kind of funny, if you squint at them.
>>
I liked 'InThatCaseIllBePlayingOeridiaAsWell" in theory, but it looks dumb in practice
>>
File: C4FnFAGWYAAEv2G.jpg (31KB, 383x456px) Image search: [Google]
C4FnFAGWYAAEv2G.jpg
31KB, 383x456px
>when u attack an UW nation and they spam school of sharks
>>
>>167643941
Sorry but when someone tries to kingmake me with a level three throne I don't consider them in good manners, and I won't be joining any more games with DSDS logo because when a host explitctly Kingmakes I consider that unsuffrable stain on an otherwise very fun game.

Host In the future don't king make, it's very bad. I might have been recepitable but I planned to call you out if you had gone through with giving it to me.
>>
File: Thomas Netwon3.jpg (236KB, 1280x735px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Netwon3.jpg
236KB, 1280x735px
>>167686010
>>167686130
Sometimes he needs to come back down and assert his dominance.
>>
>>167687928
also fo rthe record I did have a lot of fun this game, it was great. the ending was just very dissapointing
>>
>>167684832
im glad you're impressed, i went through an elaborate process to get everything needed to get those.

i also fucked up my scripting for that battle so i'm gonna get you next time!!!!!!!! atlantis going AI as well is pretty annoying
>>
>>167689451
If it's any consolation (it wont be) I was just gonna double down in war against you out of spite for the next 10-20 turns knowing full well it wasn't gonna help me win the game because I didn't see myself winning at all. Salted earth policy and not any kind of desire to help Mictlan out though

I figure in that time-frame Mictlan could've taken the Throne from the entirety of what Caelum could bring to bear

So even though it's shit that Caelum kingmade it ultimately just amounts to less frustrating turns of watching it happen regardless because I didn't want to play the "attack the guy closest to winning instead of grudge-matching" game
>>
>>167691113
>Salted earth policy
Genius.
>>
Can you use Slave Matrices to prevent commanders doing stupid things? For example, if I have some dude who I want to carry Fenrir's Pelt into battle (for a Turn0 Howl), but not immediately run up to the enemy frontline and punch them like an idiot because he's berserk.

Do they need to be mages, or will it work on all commanders?
>>
>>167691228
ah shit that's unintentional but more accurate anyway
>>
>>167652467
It would be great.

>>167655927
You'd want mechanics for some (or many) Dominions races, a magic system for each path, at least some of the important items like frost brands, and probably a few boons and banes. The core engine wouldn't have to change, of course, but adapting the setting would still take a certain amount of effort.
>>
>>167691395
Slave Matrices work without magic. You can use them on tarrasques and other big, regenerating stuff for turbocoms too. It'll help your problem too, though it may also kill him if you actually do use com masters.
>>
>>167692021
Pretty sure this is incorrect.
>>
>>167692021
If you're using tarrasques for turbo comms, my only advise is to stop playing Oeridia.
>>
How come when I pick Earth Snake as pretender it says its protection is only 20, instead of 22?
>>
>>167692583

Chassis summary doesn't factor paths until you finalize the pretender
>>
>>167692560
Dude, units can be com slaves. You don't need any magic to be a com slave.
>>
>>167687928
The reason why I decided to withdraw my offer for the kingmaking was that at that point the game was unfun for me, and Mict gave me a pretty good RP message. Sorry you feel that way tho, you're a fun player
>>
>>167692659
But its base protection is meant to be 22.
>>
>>167692021
>>167692560
>>167692705
I have personally tested it
It does not work
Slave matrices require at least 1 in a path
>>167692726
It is
Because it has E2 base
If you pump it up to E9, it goes to 29 prot because each point of E gives 1 prot
>>
>>167692839
That's odd. A unit doesn't need paths to be a com slave.
>>
>>167693173
well, there are 3 ways to get a unit to be a communion slave: casting com slave or sabbath slave, which requires at least S1 or B1, using a slave matrix, which doesn't work on non-mage commanders, and giving them the #comslave mod command, which only theurg communicants have to my knowledge, and permanently makes them communion slaves. Of these methods, only the third makes them a slave without having paths, so yeah, I think having paths is a prerequisite for being a slave unless it's worked around via mods
>>
>>167693640
right, but I'd assume that the item just gives the comslave attribute, which is what the sabbath/communion slave spell and the mod command both do
>>
>>167693865
it'd be useful if they did that, but I don't actually know how they work
>>
>>167693865
Yes, but your assumption is wrong.
>>
File: 564234.jpg (52KB, 415x354px) Image search: [Google]
564234.jpg
52KB, 415x354px
Do your turns.
>>
>>167691113
>>167687928
I could've taken the lvl3 throne with his entire army there (probably, thanks to demon lords). The key factor to me winning was the undefended throne from Ermor, and the relative closeness of all the thrones near me. Yeah, like I said before, I don't feel like I've earned this victory myself, it's more of a consolidated fuck you to Oceania lol (no offense).

The lv1 throne from nief was going to be forted the next turn, I had more than enough ozes to deal with Caelum's defenses, and I got demon lords to fuck shit up.

I think this match had a weird ongoing theme of "nonlethal force" at the start of end game. If Caelum was completely finished then I would've had a hard time dealing with Nief's throne defenses, and thanks to the fact that Nief and I made negotiations for a truce bought me time to enact my victory.

A lot of lessons learned in this game. Felt like it was very centered around diploing.
>>
>>167692839
>1 in a path
Does that include priest paths?
>>
File: 1398507118559.jpg (28KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
1398507118559.jpg
28KB, 335x333px
>>167695523
Can't fort UW thrones
>>
>>167690048
>so i'm gonna get you next time!
We'll see. I was about to do something reckless, but I revised my turn.
>atlantis going AI as well is pretty annoying
I had to deal with him the longest, had to kill his pretender to, which means AI goes berserk against you.
>>
>>167696014
Unless you use that one spell.
>>
>>167696234
Which I don't know anything about, the key words are "newbie game".
Which spell tho
>>
>>167696441
I cant remember. Kelp fortress maybe? I think Wizard Tower might also work UW.
>>
Any chance I can get a two hour extension? My car is ded and I'm stranded.
>>
>>167697263
Where you at?
>>
>>167697371

Down at the AS building. Come give me a jump.
>>
>>167696943
>>167696441
Living castle thats the one.Conj 7 N4 W1. And Wizards tower does actually work UW.
>>
>>167695328
Dont wanna.
>>
File: 135326213.gif (1MB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
135326213.gif
1MB, 467x350px
>>167698963
>>
>>167697263
Aw shit, hope everything's alright
>>
File: Dominions4_2017-02-08_00-13-11.png (689KB, 907x656px) Image search: [Google]
Dominions4_2017-02-08_00-13-11.png
689KB, 907x656px
wat
>>
>>167702621
i n n o v a t i v e
>>
>>167702621
Flaming arrows with EQ I assume?
>>
>>167702621
Eriu is destined to lose any game its in, so why not go for Innovation?
>>
>>167702621
JUST
>>
File: 320x240.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
320x240.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
Tell me captain, if the federation is so good, why are there no good dominions players?
>>
NewyearNovices chink here. Sorry I was with a grill and stalled my turn.
>>
>>167706958
Define good
>>
>>167706958
>Deep Space Nine shitters
>>
>>167707356
What did you cook?
>>
>>167706958
I won one (1) game.
Confirmed gud.
>>
Game: FourthTurning
Turn number 28
Next turn due: 11:38 GMT on Wednesday February 8th

Abysia 2h file received
>Agartha Waiting for 2h file
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Fomoria 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
Helheim 2h file received
Kailasa 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Marverni 2h file received
Oceania 2h file received
Pelagia 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Sauromatia 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Tir na n'Og 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Ur 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Xibalba 2h file received
Yomi 2h file received

Just think, we could have had the new turn right now.
>>
>>167708335
Scrambled Oyster
>>
>>167708968
Who is agartha?
He was posting earlier.
>>
>>167709040
>Who is agartha?

He's Agartha.
>>
>>167709040
A miserable pile of secrets.
>>
>>167701120

All good. The turn would have been nice, but I'll live.
>>
How do I stop my army from getting rekt by rain of stones I cast?
>>
>>167708968
>>167709040

Same guy with ded car. The walk was brisk. I'll post in a few minutes.
>>
>>167709443
stop casting it
>>
>>167710145
but xibolbo and demons
>>
>>167437525
>tfw i'm too retarded to play dominions
>don't want to make anonymous anime people mad at me
>don't want them to laugh at me for being bad
>don't want to die to the easy ai
>always get overwhelmed because i don't know what to build
>get overwhelmed because i don't know what to research
>tfw im so autistic that i get stressed out and can't play a single player game

Back to being bad at other games I guess.
>>
>>167712145
ok bye
>>
>>167712145
three very important things you need to read when you are new:

1. the manual
2. the inspector
3. other players

the inspector gives you an idea of what does what, as spell descriptions are often misleading. The manual will teach you some hard to see things that are often forgotten and open you to a lot of strategic options.

Getting overwhelmed by the ai is solved by mid game magic, as the ai's entire strategy revolves around massing basic troops against you and casting a couple buff spells which do nothing against big area of effect spells.

There's many noob games thought specially for people who have reached the point where they fight the AI to a standstill and don't know how to progress before they overwhelm them.

The key is talking to other players. get in the steam group and chat with them and they will happily explain things to you.
>>
>>167712145
How I got into dominions was by watching a single "let's play" video of Maverni then copied everything. From then on I just did random stuff that sounded cool and tested all the magics out in Singleplayer. Once I realized AI is just a mass of blob of unscripted nonsense I sought out higher difficulty through multiplayer. Rest is history.
>>
>>167714513
Thanks
>>
>>167712145
>don't want to make anonymous anime people mad at me
>don't want them to laugh at me for being bad

/domg/ is actually pretty civil.
I don't think anyone has ever gotten angry at me. I've been made fun of, but nothing too bad and most of the time there was also some constructive element to it.
>>
Ichtyids...
>>
>>167714856
This is why watching LPs is in the basics, desu. Probably still the best way to learn the game
>>
Marignon please do something about your dominion, you only have two candles in your cap and it's worrying me. Set idle dudes on preach or something.
>>
>Tests Xibalba on leaking lands
>Learns MA Xibalba literally never will start in caves, even in Agartha is around.
>>
File: dragon maid.png (641KB, 966x584px) Image search: [Google]
dragon maid.png
641KB, 966x584px
I just noticed Fafnir's sprite is fucked up
>>
This thread is reaching post limit

We did it, /domg/, we all did it
>>
>>167723641
>human centipede.
>>
Are ya winning son?
>>
>>167724128
inb4 the thread dies in five posts
>>
>>167725225
>>
>>167726037
>>
Is there a guide to story events somewhere? Apparently there's wards on this fucking throne that take someone from all of the four elements (which I have, so no worries) but the mages need to do their actions in a certain order and it has something to do with the seasons. Like, what the fuck are all these hoops?
>>
>>167726497
look up events in the mod inspector, and go to that sequence.
>>
>>167726497
Look them up in the inspector. There are "triggered events" and requirements for them.
>>
Goddamn you lazy pieces of shit.
>>
>>167729401
You've defeated the prophecy!
>>
File: file.png (202KB, 1256x178px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
202KB, 1256x178px
>>167725225
>>167729401
>>167729663
>>
>>167729663
>>167729764
Fate isn't real. Get a job, you fucking hippies.
>>
What did I just say?
>>
GN
>>
>>167659895
>it was with a Freak Lord
That's very odd then. S2E2 sounds like a fine pickup on freak lord to me (though it comes with the disadvantage of making your pretender vulnerable to magic duel)

>or S6 for reasons I do not know
That's easy to answer. S6 with non-artifact boosters (head, 2 misc slots) can reach S9. All you lose out on is the S9 major bless and +1MR, which isn't amazing anyway.

>which I am unsure of, beyond aiding expansion
Lanka has lots of sacreds, so a bless keeps helping a lot regardless of which point in the game you're at.

Even if you just have cap-only sacreds, a hundred extremely elite troops can often be a deciding factor in a midgame battle.

>What I settled on was either B9N9 blood fountain or erf snek.
I like the sound of the first choice more. B9N9 doesn't get you much useful magic diversity, but it's a nice bless that will remain potent into lategame.
>>
>>167729764
We're all gonna make it
>>
File: 1481520870766.jpg (567KB, 708x826px) Image search: [Google]
1481520870766.jpg
567KB, 708x826px

3 more madmen needed
>>
File: Teteo Inan.jpg (456KB, 1813x797px) Image search: [Google]
Teteo Inan.jpg
456KB, 1813x797px
Why is she so perfect?
>>
new thred when?
>>
File: 1453764923557.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1453764923557.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
>>167737975
>>
So if you break an enemy siege and simultaniously move an army on the besieging fort, they fight together, right?
>>
>>167738214
So long as your enemy stays on your fort, yes.
>>
>>167733007
no
>>
>>167738214
maybe
>>
>>167740552
>>167740593
>more than 90 seconds apart
Epic as usual, bob
>>
>>167741313
my maybe was to bump the thread because it was on page 10
>>
File: gnome.jpg (1023KB, 1680x3150px) Image search: [Google]
gnome.jpg
1023KB, 1680x3150px
>>
Are clay men good chaff? I like them, especially since they take W gems which arent exactly heavily contested.
>>
>>167743427
Wouldn't a human soldier be nearly as tanky? One with heavy armor could end up being harder to kill despite having lower hp.

The main benefit over humans would be that they are mindless, but I'm not sure if that justifies paying .5 gems each (more if you don't have a strong water mage).
>>
>>167743427
Catoblepas or bottle of living water.
>>
>>167743774
They do also regen to be fair.
>>167743804
How are catoblepas anyway?
>>
>>167743984
Also its much earlier and easier to cast than summon catoblepas.
>>
>>167743984
It's an elephant that shoots laser deathbeams a couple times before it charges in.
desu its pretty baller. Only thing better is green lions.
>>
>>167743984
>They do also regen to be fair.
At 15 hp and 6 protection, they'll die really fast to basically everything. I don't think you'd see more than one round of regen per unit, on average.

>>167744108
Fear 10 too.

Also, unlike elephants, they have decent MR.

I think I'd still rather get water bottles. Catoblepas are super expensive and not as versatile as water bottles.
>>
Vanilla newbs admin there are three AI nations, please seek replacements for them
>>
>>167744319
Do you mean staling?

AI nations can't be replaced with a player unless you rollback to the turn before they went AI.
>>
>>167744375
They can't? Well shit
>>
>tfw too pussy and can't bear to attack other nations first
>always wait for someone else to attack
>if nobody attacks me I pretty much sit on my ass not doing anything for 20 turns until someone much larger than me decides to eat me up

Help. I just like the magic combat and battle formations usage of the game but I can't deal with other people.
>>
Go for enemy forts or focus on breaking his economy by conquering everything unforted when invading enemies?
>>
>>167744697
It sounds like you already know the solution.
>>
>>167745597
Nab any lightly forts, but overall focus on taking provinces.

Cracking a well defended fort is risky and slow. It's much safer to do once your opponent has no income to fight back with.
>>
Marignon do double turns pls. The waiting is killing me.

>>167734145
I'll join as Marignon as soon as I can decide on a pretender. I don't know if I want a bless boar/bull or an angel summoning specialist.
>>
>>167745827
And I just got your message. Thank you for removing your troubadours. Those lute-armed faggots are a pain in the ass.
>>
What the fuck is a double turn.
>>
>>167746052

When you're last to submit your turn, it is generally considered polite to be the first to submit the next, since you get it right away and are clearly in a position to do turns if you just sent your previous one.
>>
>>167746110
Ah, that makes sense.
>>
>>167746110
>>167746210
Although I think it's retarded, given you need to do diplomacy before you launch your turn. Although I suppose it solves the problem of always-being-last.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>167746304
>you need to do diplomacy before you launch your turn

.t Malakal.
>>
>>167747718
Diplomacy is the single largest weapon in this kind of multiplayer game. It literally cannot be overrated.
>>
>>167747939
The fact that you need constant diplomacy offline at every new turn speaks volumes about your actual skill in the game.
>>
>>167746304
>he doesn't use the comfy ingame messaging system
>>
>>167748180
Diplomacy counts as part of the game.
>>167748410
I mean that what you want to do might change depending on diplomancing.
>>
>>167748410
The messaging system is underrated. I'd like a sequel to expand upon it somehow. Maybe just a different introduction line for each faction. Like maybe that the human factions send you messengers in the regular faction, while Ermor animates a local corpse to speak for them, Burd messengers swooce in through an open window. fluff is fun.
>>
>>167748478

You know you can resubmit turns with changes, right?
>>
>>167748550
I'd like some basic formatting options at least.
>>
>>167748594
Yes.
>>
>>167748550
What I'd REALLY like is some kind of way to semi-officially form and break alliances, to the point that alliances can win together.

I know that no one else wants that, but I do.
>>
>>167748694
Being able to go back and change one word of the message without backspacing everything after it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>167748694

The ability to move the damn input back so I can fix typos without having to delete everything that came after it would be nice as well.
>>
>>167748478
>Diplomacy counts as part of the game.

Offline diplomacy? I guess going over to your house and cutting off your internet for 2 days to keep you from sending your turn is also part of the game.
>>
>>167748769
>alliances can win together
This doesn't really make sense from a lore point of view, where every pretender is an Old Testament-tier egotist who desires supreme dominion.

>>167748805
Do it pussy.
>>
>>167748805
Wait what I think I've misunderstood you then.

What do you mean by offline Dominions? Singleplayer?

Also people have literally done that in Eve.
>>167748845
Pantheons? Or become disciples, so it still kinda sucks to join up with a stronger god.

I just really, really like the alliance systems people formed IRL. To an autistic degree.
>>
>>167748769
>to the point that alliances can win together
Already in the game, but has to be set at the beginning of the game.
In regular games it makes no sense, although "kingmaker" scenarios happen.
>>
>>167748775
>>167748783
This imo, don't care about formatting or whatever but the most basic text editing would make it way less of a chore
>>
>>167748967
>Pantheons
Gay. Who wants to be Co-Gods?
>Disciples
Still gay, and presents all kinds of balance questions.
>>
>>167748967
He means diplomacy outside of the game, be it Steam or this general here.
>>
>>167748967
I didn't say offline dominions but offline diplomacy, as in diplomacy not through game, constantly chatting on steam or the like at every turn.

Which is fine in isolated or tight communities where everyone knows each other, but for anonymous games on here it's just lame.
>>
>>167749007
Yeah I mean a system where you form and break them throughout the game.
>>167749036
In IRL mythology: faggots who can't be The Big God by themselves but still want to be gods. See: Greek pantheon, united solely by a shared saltiness over Zeus.
>>167749071
>>167749112
What's the difference?

I mean there are differences in execution (offline is open), but it's diplomacy either way.
>>
>>167749151
Joining a Pantheon sounds like a loss state to me. And gameplay wise it'd just allow strong players to snowball. Instead of committing the time and resources to completely annihilating an enemy you just beat them into a losing position and gain a weak ally. And when everyone else is out for themselves a weak ally could be a huge edge.
>>
>>167749238
That actually sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>167749151
>Yeah I mean a system where you form and break them throughout the game.
Nah, there's already plenty of games that do that. It really doesn't work with the theme of the game where people jump and backstab each other constantly.

>What's the difference?
Ingame is more balanced. Information is delayed and you can't coordinate with current turn information, for the next turn.

2 people coordinating with Steam can easily dominate a game.

In this general it's balanced, because everybody can see the information. Although you can also manipulate all the players at once.
>>
>>167749238
This already happens in pretty much every game, there is somebody who surrenders and is allowed to retain a fort or two. You don't need to codify it.

>>167749151
The big difference between in and out of game is that it's basically impossible to coordinate attacks using the in-game diplomacy beyond the initial planning phase ("let's both attack in 3 turns, I'll go as far south as 13 and you go as north as 17"). Out of game, you can compare notes every turn, avoid collisions and react to unexpected movements by your opponent. There is a huge advantage there.
>>
>>167749336
I actually don't know any games which do that beyond shallow Paradox games, which are just boring. Even the game I literally cannot stop fangirling over (Diplomacy) doesn't do it.

It fits the theme IMO. Both mythologically and from how it parallels IRL history.

>Ingame is more balanced. Information is delayed and you can't coordinate with current turn information, for the next turn.
That's a good point.
>>
>>167749563
Most 4x games discourage backstabbing with heavy penalties.
>It fits the theme IMO. Both mythologically and from how it parallels IRL history.
There can only be one Pankoman. Every other pretender is going to get banished/imprisoned.
>>
>>167749813
Small things like that can be "remembered" correctly, in the next game.
>There can be only one Grand Pant, but he may have servants
Like I said, I think this is a thing only I would like. After all, >>167749238 described something I think is really cool as if it were a bad thing.
>>
>>167746304
Its really more of a thing for early game.
Thread posts: 791
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.