[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ng/ - Nioh General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 801
Thread images: 86

File: Nioh sword grab.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh sword grab.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Last one died. >>167696118

>New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character
You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you
Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0
>>
So is there any point to making other characters/builds? It seems with the way Titles work they want you to be using a shit ton of different weapons and styles on one gamefile anyway.
>>
When do I get ground fire bombs?
>>
>>167771906
Play how you want. I think in this game you probably want to focus on a set path, or you will have more trouble later on if you scattershot all the stats evenly. I have had more success focusing on a couple things than everything, at least in the betas.
>>
File: real-life-samurai-10.jpg (68KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
real-life-samurai-10.jpg
68KB, 500x694px
Who 3kat/heavy armor/magic masterrace here? You're literally unstoppable.

>>167771906
That's what it seems like with the titles. The softcap is so low and you get so many skill points its easy to switch things up on the fly. Plus respeccing is pretty cheap.
>>
>>167772792
>softcap
Do you mean that the stats are softcapped like in dark souls? If so, at what level does the soft cap start?
>>
>>167774129
>>
So what's the point of heavy armor when not being at A agility fucks up your ki to a ridiculous extent, everything oneshots past a certain point regardless of armor, and the improved blocking is meaningless when everything either gets stunlocked to death without being able to attack, or a boss whose attacks either do damage through blocks or are entirely unblockable?
>>
I wonder if your starting weapon choices has any impact on drops. I picked 1kat and spear, and I seemore of those drop than anything else it seems. Have only gotten a few 2kats and kusari, quite a few axes though
Probably just my imagination and bad luck

>>167774129
Everything seems to start to plateau around the low 20s. You only need 20 in Magic and Dex to unlock ninjutsu and magic mystic arts missions too.

The damage boosts from specific stats is pretty insignificant anyway, the boosts tonhealth/ki/skills isnmore important.
>>
>>167774409
fucking what? That seems extremely low for a soft cap.
>>
>>167774759
i don't know why people say that's "the" soft cap. there are many soft caps, and they're extremely soft. in nioh the stat will lose like 25% of its effectiveness at each soft cap, in BB it's 50% at the first cap and 90% at the second

no one has written a minmax guide yet but i'm at 25 skill and i still get good attack per level
>>
>>167775272
what are your other stats like? i was thinking of getting them all to ten. i did it in the demos but i don't know if it's efficient.
>>
File: Muneshige_Tachibana_(NARP).png (108KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Muneshige_Tachibana_(NARP).png
108KB, 236x236px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFbVJa6hSDo

1kat master race reporting in.

I remember him being way harder in the beta
>>
File: 1483900457765.jpg (43KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1483900457765.jpg
43KB, 500x667px
Who is the guy with the Bat Spirit? I didn't catch his name, his movie made it seem like he was trying to fuck with both sides so all the boring stuff would go away.
>>
>>167776428
i've been going hard on skill, magic and spirit only. the only other thing i have is enough body to equip the best light armor i've found

i don't think anyone understands "efficiency" yet. you can minmax one stat (like health or attack), but there's a lot of stats (like the "Ki Pulse" stat, which is improved by Skill) that no one really knows the value of

i do think that body is maybe a bit underpowered compared to stamina, since stamina gives you almost as much health and armor is actually good. if the "ki pulse" stat is good then strength and skill are probably underrated, and if so then heart is probably overrated, assuming you get more stamina overall from "ki pulse"

respeccing is EXTREMELY EASY so don't worry about it imo. if you're choosing your initial stats i think the best choice is body (you need it for armor), spirit (obviously), and either heart, skill or stamina (not sure)
>>
Should I bother leveling heart when using 2kat?
>>
>>167777015
i'm very good at fluxing and have 25 skill, and it's still possible to run out of stamina with base heart. so it's clearly not a worthless skill, but i don't know what the value per point is

we're so early and respeccing is so easy that i would encourage you to try extreme builds, you might invent something
>>
>>167777015
It helps with ki decently. I focus on Heart/Skill/Magic for my 1kat/2katmedium armor setup. And the extra ki is nice from heart.

Also people dont forget to spend prestge points from titles. You get to pick one of 4 possible buffs and when you buy one itngets replaced with another andom one. I didn't realize there were two sets of prestige points that you can switch between with the shoulder buttons. There's lots of extra stat boosts you can get.
>>
What exactly is the fucking deal with hammers doing significantly less damage than axes?
>>
>>167778251
Hammers bust through guards/stamina more effectively than any other weapon, while Axes just do a shit ton of damage.
>>
>Body
>weapon mainly affected - spear
If i level body i get +1 attack
If i level Skill i get +2 attack

what the fuck
>>
File: 1481827060286.png (26KB, 668x729px) Image search: [Google]
1481827060286.png
26KB, 668x729px
Is spirit as OP as it seems? You get so many stats for putting points into it as well as making your spirit animal stronger
>>
Is there a certain weight you dont want to go over for dodging or something?
>>
>>167779075
sounds like you hit the soft cap for Body.
>>
>>167779341
I just try to stay in the "blue" (under 30%) area, people probably haven't figured out iframes per weightclass yet
>>
>>167777929
Is there a finite number of boosts it cycles through, so when you're finished with titles you'll always have the same boosts?
>>
>>167779092
Not OP, but you definitely want to level it to keep up with spirit bonuses along the way

>>167779341
Never go beyond 70%
<30% in ninja mode
>>
>>167779075
not even close.
Body is at 10 and Skill is at 18 and i still get more dmg from skill.
>>
>>167779075
>>167779465
>>167779820
it rounds, so per point there is a lot of variation. you need to look at a lot of levels (like 5) to know which is better overall. i had the same confusion, i thought str > skl for 2kat but it was just rounding
>>
I beat Hinoenma first try with 1kat when I had a shitload of trouble in the beta with 2kat and resorted to cheesing with a spear. I also beat Onryoki first try just using 1kat.

Either they made the game easier or 2kat is shit
>>
>>167782165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcZHhnE8BI

>tfw i beat her add in the demo
>tfw I changed up my build completely from demo and beat her after 3 tries on release

im pretty happy anon but I dumped 2kat after demos
>>
>>167782165
Maybe that's why I can't take that bitch down with kat2.
>>
>>167782165

2Kat is shit for sure. It's also likely you got better. Still, 2kat is shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-08-22-18-39.png (478KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-08-22-18-39.png
478KB, 720x1280px
Whats up with the 1kat types are these just skins or are they actually doing something?????? Like hammer attacking the stamina more than axes even though same class ( pic related one of the 1kat types)
>>
Is there a comprehensible guide to using the blacksmith?

I can't get my head around it.
>>
What's wrong with 2kat
>>
>>167784367
>he doesnt know

fucking lmao
>>
>>167782992
The magic of 1kat, shit the bed and still kill the boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6sVRVFCMvg
>>
>>167784367
Nothing. It's great for crowds and for speed. It's high stance is great at taking out Oni horns.

3kat is godly
>>
>>167784367
2kat is OP but only if you
1. have an element on it
2. you can flux

i've run 2kat in beta, last chance and main game, i've had zero issue with it at any point, 1shot every boss in the first region no problem. that might be "skill," but if you prefer cheese then spamming the tornado whirl is completely braindead damage and easily procs the yin-yang debuff
>>
I'm trying to figure out how to use dual swords in a way that isn't shit. Their damage to ki ratio seems just terrible and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Should I not be pumping points into Skill? Should I be putting more emphasis into status ailments or whatnot?
Thanks for the help
>>
>>167785897
Switch to 1kat, thank me later
>>
what the actual fuck do I do against umi bozu?
>>
>>167785373
When is the earliest I can get an element 2kat?
>>
What are some good but unusual weapon combinations? Not spear/kat, or 3kat, but something like axe/kusari or spear/2kat
>>
>>167787306
what's a 3kat?3 handed katana? ;^)
>>
>>167779075
I'm pretty sure that means that spears are the weapon most effected by the body stat, not that body does the most for it.
>>
>>167787398
2kat + kat
>>
>>167782992
>>167783482
>>167783646
Tf man I switched to 1Kat as you said and downed the bat bitch in 1 try after dying on her 20 times with 2kat.
>>
Can you get Hanzos cat spirit as your own?
>>
Where do you get the smithing text for Muneshige's armor?
>>
>Hinno Enma kicking my ass
>Finally decide to try standard katanas
>Get her to 3/4's
>UNLEASH THE DOGE
>Destroy her before the living weapon ends
I was impressed.
>>
I swear to christ I've lost 60k+ amrita on this fucking boat village map just to falling into the ocean
>>
>>167786982
as a random drop, as soon as the game starts. i found one in isle of demons

unfortunately, i think the earliest guaranteed one is in the spider castle in region 3 (it's really good, though)

you can force the issue by just carrying onmoyo buff magic. you should do this anyway because switching buffs to apply 2 elements destroys bosses
>>
>>167788575
you can apply multiple element buffs at the same time?
And right now I can only carry 2 buff talismans and they don't last very long, does that change any time soon?
>>
>>167787761

Yeah, they really dropped the ball hard with 2Kat.
>>
>>167788024
no
he's a boss
>>
>>167783827
I've been wondering that myself. Those 1kat even look a bit longer to me but that might just be my imagination.
>>
>>167788681
Not at the same time, but one after the other.
>>
>>167788681
your weapon can only do 1 element type at a time. this is important, because if you get 2 different elemental debuffs on any demon at the same time, its ki bar gets destroyed (special effect). so applying 1 debuff and then switching (by using charms or popping living weapon) is extremely powerful. however, it's not trivial to do. you need a weapon that is good at it (probably 2kat or kusu, something fast) and you need to use elements that the boss is actually weak to (so you have to carry a lot of charms)

i've been walking around with like 4 elements (weapon, spirit, 2 charms) and it's been pretty satisfying to figure out
>>
>>167788692
Dang. He looked cool.
>>
>>167788690
Tbh comparing the two I think the biggest problem with 2kat is that you sometimes trigger an uncontrollable combo which makes you vulnerable as fuck, while at the same time not doing enough damage as a 1kat hit when you don't hit the combo.
>>
File: 1483608698149.png (17KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
1483608698149.png
17KB, 633x772px
for a new game this general is kinda dead.
>>
>>167790443
we're too busy playing dingus
>>
Getting this game tomorrow, what weapons should I go for? I used a single katana and spear before on the tests but I'm debating if I should keep the same playstyle as I've done previously.
>>
>>167790631
Kusarigama
>>
File: 1485692991115.jpg (77KB, 331x322px) Image search: [Google]
1485692991115.jpg
77KB, 331x322px
Vampire waifu took me 13 tries

Breddy fun fight
>>
batlady was by far the most difficult encounter for me in the entire first region. Nue and the "pssh nottin personnel kid" lad from the demo was pushovers compared.
>>
I like all the weapons and switch often. What do I do with my stats?

Can I just get 10 in everything and then from there focus on more hp and ki and be able to use all weapons?
>>
>>167790631
i always preferred kusu and 2kat, but for what it's worth the expanded kat and spear movesets in the main game have some attractive shit, like getting-up attacks and LW special attacks
>>
>>167791340
yes. attack scaling from stats is not very significant. stats are mainly for min requirements and to affect player attributes such as ki
>>
kick or the aoe sword blast thing

which is better
>>
The more I play, the more I feel like heavy armor is more trouble than it's worth. You get ki starved quick, even with pulse, and bosses can break through your block pretty easily anyway.
>>
1 Kat, Magic, low and mid stance only master race
>>
>>167791584
I like the kick personally as it doesn't leave you as open if you miss.
>>
why can't i refashion my shit to look like the DLC armor
>>
Finally off work and started my download. I'm hype lads. Thinking 2kat Axe Magic. Shit worked like a charm in 'beta' and last chance.
>>
Does anyone know what the earth status effect does? And why would anyone make the effect dark purple?
>>
File: Matt Damon.jpg (575KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Damon.jpg
575KB, 1400x700px
They made a Nioh movie with Mat Damon
>>
I am a scrub.. I have tried for the past two hours to defeat the vampire.
Any tips and tricks on defeating that flying paralyzing vampire chick?
>>
what disguises are available?
>>
I'm on technically the first stage, the fishing village. New to these types of games, and it's been great so far. Learning the ins and outs of combat, etc.

I just reached my "I quit for a few days" point in the first level. Can anybody tell me how the living hell I can avoid the patches of fire on the ground entirely while also progressing through the village to where I'm meant to go? I can't find any passages to the other segment of town, and from there, the shoreline without having to honestly sprint through the fire. I'm already out of healing items. Still with zero Amrita due to dying a copious amount of times solely because of the fire damage providing the enemies thereafter with extreme ease in killing me.
>>
I'm considering this game.
Does it have the usual... features from a Team Ninja game ?
>>
>>167792951
Isn't this that great wall movie coming out next friday? Half tempted to see how he SCIENCES THE SHIT outta this
>>
>>167793334
look for the ladders.
>>
>>167793296
basically every single male character in the game
>>
>>167793149
1. it's very difficult to dodge her spin, so hold up your block at all times.
2. you can block the first hit of everything except the lunge, but if it's anything other than the spin you should dodge after the first hit, and then punish once she finishes
3. you have to know the telegraph for the lunge to dodge it, with everything else you can wait and see

a few random facts
1. you can use paralytic needles while paralyzed to cure it
2. you can parry her torpedo swoop
3. draining her ki with kicks will destroy her, but if you're not comfortable with purifying yokai pools then just use high stance attacks for the straight damage

vamp was a "git gud" moment for many people in the beta
>>
>>167793375
Incredibly, no. It's a surprisingly tasteful presentation.
>>
>>167792951
>about China
>deals with Sengoku Japan
You tried
>>
>>167794075
>but if you're not comfortable with purifying yokai pools then just use high stance attacks for the straight damage
Better advice:
If you're not comfortable with purifying yokai pools, get comfortable with purifying yokai pools. Learn it sooner rather than later.
>>
>>167793334
you can go around all the fires by climbing ladders on to the roofs. i would say that's the first hard sequence since it's a long haul, but at one point there's a water tower you can push over to put out some fire and open up a backtrack route
>>
>>167794229
that is better advice

this game is unique in that it's "easy" so long as you're using all the core mechanics. if you try to cut one out then things get really hard. you can't ever be like "i'm going to never block and only use low stance"
>>
File: dance turtle.gif (1MB, 262x323px) Image search: [Google]
dance turtle.gif
1MB, 262x323px
>>167793905
no female that makes me sad
>>
>>167793149
Switch to a spear, even if you've never used one and aren't leveled for it stat-wise. I was pure dex for kusarigama but its range is shit for her unless you use the longer wind up which she kept avoiding or trading blows with.

Just keep your distance with a few feet and carefully prod with mid-stance weak attack on spear. It takes a while and I'm sure there are easier ways but it's safe.
>>
>>167793375
>>167794112
it's frustratingly tasteful, i feel like i'm owed some amazing chest fox wizard
>>
are the ninja weapons still nerfed in the real game?

i liked using the c4 and smokebombs to cheese yokai
>>
>>167794229
This. Sometimes you just have to git gud.
>>
>>167794172
Movie based in China is the only way it would make a billion dollars.
>>
File: konkeydong.gif (2MB, 396x364px) Image search: [Google]
konkeydong.gif
2MB, 396x364px
>having difficulty with Nue
>discover that if you hit it in the face at all during any lightning attack it instantly drains all its ki and you can wail on it like crazy
damn I was making that a whole lot harder than I needed to

also either Muneshige in the side mission, not Kelley impersonating him was either way nerfed from the beta or I just fought him enough in the beta that I knew everything and it was ggez
>>
>>167794598
I'd be very ok with that. Probably too much to hope for a fox on the same level as Muramasa huh?
>>
>>167794460
My god, I can't stress this enough.

refusing to employ the mechanics available to you and insisting on stubbornly sticking to certain ones just smacks of those deviantart shitters who insist that they're "not bad at drawing, it's just my style" yet never display the fundamental understanding of anatomy necessary to form your own boundaries.

Make sure you understand the way the game actually works properly before you start insisting on doing it your way.
>>
>>167792568
Makes any action drain double ki which is useless on most youkai
>>
>Great Centipede
Worst boss fight of the generation
>>
>>167777929
Is there anything particularly good to focus on early off? Like my first set has living weapon durability, +50 which seems insane when early armor had like +1 or +2. Otherwise it's luck +3 and pitiful amrita bonus and yokai realm
>>
>>167795715
>which is useless on most youkai
if you think ki drain is useless against yokai you don't know shit
>>
>>167791634
Name one game where heavy armor is actually useful
>>
>>167796064
Dark Souls III
>>
>>167796064
Fallout 4
>>
>>167796064
dark souls 1

situationally useful, but useful nonetheless
>>
>>167796183
every situation
>>
>equip light armor
>die in 2 hits
>equip heavy armor
>still die in 2 hits
So what's the point?
>>
>>167796270
>>167796183
well, everything is a situation, so technically we're both right
>>
>>167796356
To show who's bad
>>
What % of armor / weight is classified as lightest?
>>
What's the deal with the Twilight missions, how do I make them change out to something else? I had a level 50 one earlier and as soon as I beat the pre-req mission for it, it changed out to something else.
>>
>>167796550
they cycle every day
>>
File: 1386801054747.gif (2MB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
1386801054747.gif
2MB, 250x204px
>Bowing to the Wall Yokai and matching the Mimic's emotes

This is my absolute favorite thing. If one of the Mimics ends up with the High Five gesture and we actually high five I'm going to lose my shit.
>>
File: 04 (2).png (832KB, 1276x722px) Image search: [Google]
04 (2).png
832KB, 1276x722px
GUYS! Guys. The only thing's stopping me from buying this game is uncertainty. Can you play those girls from trailers? The one with kunai and with spear (I think)
>>
>Kusarigama vs Giant centipede
it's fucking shit don't bother.
spear or katana is the way to go
>>
>>167796528
Below 30
>>
>>167796837
no you idiot
>>
is it worth it to do a onmyo build? I aren't that far in the game and currently my idea of a heart/spirit build is.. well worthless.
>>
>>167796870
But they promised. The team of ninjas promised me...
>>
Can you high five people online? I got summoned and we both held up our hands to do it, and I guess I expected it to automatically do the actual thing, like in say Army of Two.
>>
>>167796927
You're weak and you just started. Everything will seem weak unless you shoot for obvious big numbers. Omnyo's more of a supplement to any build like ninjutsu.
>>
>>167796991
i tried last night and it wouldn't connect

guess it's just a pose
>>
>>167797041
>>167796991
You should be able to, it's just really precise/not obvious.
>>
>>167797008
I know that it is still early and whatnot but that vampire chick is kicking my butt.
Bu I guess I will just have to git gut
>>
>>167796991
Close out of the Gesture menu after you do the emote and then press X to complete the high face.
>>
So did we seriously see every single enemy in the entire game in the demos?
>>
Is it just me or is Nobunaga's wife actually really fucking hard?
>>
>>167797256
Play more defensively
>>
>Wind turbines only stay on for a short time

I HATE POISON AREAS

WHY GOD WHY CANT I ESCAPE POISON AREAS
>>
>>167797313
high five* I have a headache
>>
>>167797365
Were the tongue demons in the demo?

>>167797463
Kill the rocks that spew poison. They dont regenerate
>>
>>167787306
I use kusarigama/axe but I've been sticking with the kusarigama 99% of the time because I'm dumping all my points into dex. I only switch to axe for Muneshige because his super armor is bullshit against kusarigama and he just rolls away too much to stagger him.
>>
File: 1459094415476.jpg (18KB, 607x309px) Image search: [Google]
1459094415476.jpg
18KB, 607x309px
>>167797463
>catacombs
followed by
>Mines filled with poison
;^)
>>
>>167797529
>Were the tongue demons in the demo?
yes
>>
>>167797365
spiders and the weird flying spiritfu things weren't in
>>
Ninjitsu or Onmyo Magic?
>>
>>167799028
Both if only for the passives
>>
is this like dark souls 3 where armor is mostly cosmetic?
>>
So what ninjutsu are worth picking up? Mostly been rolling medium armor with spear and katana and magic, but I've got lots of ninja points to spend. Bought some ammo limit improvements and the backstab ability. The anti-poison pills will probably be good too. Shuriken and kunai seem largely useless, except for applying elements I guess for the yinyang debuff
>>
>>167799171
Both? it becomes more important later on but it has possibly the greatest transmog ever in place so you can do both.
>>
>>167799325
I meant more in terms of whether it actually contributes anything to defense
Whether there's any point in using heavier armor over the lightest rags you can find
>>
File: 1483850595899.jpg (327KB, 1003x796px) Image search: [Google]
1483850595899.jpg
327KB, 1003x796px
>the bats in the 3rd mission that knock you off the ledge
>>
>>167799785
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Luckily apparently everyone else on /v/ is smarter than us:

>Hurrdurr there were fuckin bat sounds in the cave, how did you get knocked off git gud faggot
>>
File: 1484517518386.png (81KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484517518386.png
81KB, 400x400px
>>167799785
>Dying over and over to vamp
>So now I just rush to her area when I respawn
>Fuck up my timing and get knocked off by the bats 2/5 the time
>>
What's the best starting weapon if you like to attack fast?
>>
>>167799932
>getting bootyblasted over an obvious ez trap
you really do need to git gud
>>
>>167799957
When you run you don't get hit.

What weapon are you using? Bat bitch comes piss easy with 1kat or spear.
>>
>>167799957
There's a shrine in the big cave room with all of the yokai, so you shouldn't have to deal with any bats other than the ones right before her
>>
>>167799701
It definitely matters.
>>
anyone got any tips for falling snow boss? she get too fucking crazy in phase 2 and i'm not getting any summons
>>
>>167800136
I beat her now, I meant when I was stuck on her.
>>167800141
I didn't know that
>>
>>167800049
Dual swords
>>
>>167799701
It might not seem like it at first, but it becomes more evident later in the game. Toughness also helps and might be more valued in the beginning but that's debatable depending on how you play
>>
The bosses in this game need MAJOR balancing.

>Can defeat you in a handful of hits
>William barely does damage
>Because of this you have to turtle around for most fights
>>
>>167800049
Kusari/dual swords
>>167800417
Or you know, stop being dumb and pl
>>
>>167800235
Yuki-Onna? When she starts spamming that charge impale move, I keep my distance. Go low stance to dodge her ice shards easier, dodge away when she's mid-charge and once she stops get hits in, dodge a few seconds later when she's charging her AoE around her, then get more hits in, disengage, rinse repeat
>>
>the side-mission to fight the giant axe guy on the bridge
HOW are you supposed to do this? Just whittle him down slowly or some shit? Cause his health pool is bonkers
>>
>>167800505
thanks anon, what seems to get me the most is the constant icicle spam, next to impossible to dodge some of them but maybe im too close when she uses it
>>
>>167800540
literally just kick him off the edge, you miss what he drops but you still get the mission loot
>>
>>167800446
>Bosses have attacks that do too much damage
>Also have no real wind down
>Stamina means nothing to them unlike other enemies
>"Fair"
>>
>>167800804
Sounds like you're mad because you're bad and you think supernatural enemies should play by the same rules of your badness
>>
what are the top tier endgame armor sets?
>>
>>167800804
>no real wind-down
What game are you playing? Literally every boss has at least one, sometimes more "Big Attack and then BIG FUCKING OPENING" move
>>
>>167800804
Hehe butt hurt as fuck. Git gud or ask for tips, stop complaining about mechanics.
>>
>>167794826
no fucking wonder I am having so much trouble with it. I am fighting it with the standard "stay on it's side/ass" strategy and it doesn't work most of the time. Man I love this game.
>>
>just got to Nue
Jesus Christ this fucker hits like a freight train
and I'm even over leveled according to the mission level
>>
>>167801108
Not really. I'm fighting Nue right now and when he does a big attack, he just claws me straight away or his tails bites me.

>>167801234
It's bad game design.
>>
>>167801331

Nue is the easiest boss. The doorway where you come in blocks his lightning (except when he recovers his stamina).
>>
>>167794826
>>167801246
The tummy also works
>>
>>167800681
>>167800505
>just ran around the outside of the area on 2nd phase
>she can only charge a certain distance
>kill her without getting hit after 20 odd deaths

WEW
>>
What the fuck happened to soul matching costs? It jumped from 40kish to literally over a million gold.
>>
How long do elemental effects last from the kunai? In theory you could use two different kunai to quickly stack effects, yeah?
>>
>had tons of trouble with Hino Emma or whatever
>finally trash her after leveling a bit and learning her attacks, and special thanks to the fire dog for literally raping her to death
>progress is smooth sailing
>do the sub quests, get the water dragon spirit
>beat the Nue on fourth attempt (thanks purifying and fire dog)
>progressed through at the 3rd shrine in the catacombs after nue, leveled my spirit to 13 so I can get +125% Amritia with this water dragon
>about to step forward with this ninja chick

Almost got stuck in the catacombs but finally made it through.

This water dragon seems insanely useful for farming since that's double amrita gained, and levels are starting to become damn hard to come by.

Also, leveling strength is a waste, Axes suck dick, and swords are the shit. Level your heart, and spirit is probably best advice in the game.
>>
>>167801410
>Nue doesn't have wind down
Don't lie so obviously
>>
>>167801331
Gets lots of rifle and hand cannon ammo and fire at him from a distance. Brings arrows as well.

You can pretty much demolish him using those weapons.
>>
>>167801598
Rush spirit to 9/10 is the best thing you can do for your first few levels. Picking the shark helps jump start it
>>
>>167801582
They should last as long as the effect would coming off a weapon, yeah.
>>
>>167801808

I'm learning. I leveled Strength to 18 first. I've pretty much abandonned axes at this point.

I think the swords are just the most balanced weapon. I'm using that sword from Ieyasu's subquest line and its pretty good. Bull spirit seems useless, Dragon spirit seems really good for in general level traversal

Also I shot a Kappa in the face with a cannon and almost one shot it in the catacombs. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>167801971
Dragon's good for a passive, Shark is also good for general level traversal because of enemy sense
>>
>>167802069
Hows Shark for fighting bosses like the bat lady? I trashed her with dog, and I'm not sure shark would be as effective.
>>
>>167802197
>using spirits on bosses
Joke aside, I'm not sure. I have a tendency to not use spirits on bosses because I get too caught up and forget about them.
>>
>tengu actually fists your ass on a no ki crit
>>
>when you get a 0.2% trophy that's not even hidden or anything.

Fuck, am I going 2 fast?
>>
File: 1453995982291.gif (914KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453995982291.gif
914KB, 500x250px
>UMI-BOZU BLACK BLOB FAGGOT
>fire enchant is a MUST
>forced to waste 1 fire talisman to take out the 3 adds
wew
>>
>>167802860
Which trophy
>>
>>167802918

Kill al 6 giant spiders in the castle on the 3rd japan map
>>
Is there a way to leave a mission besides beating it or using a branch? I wanted to snag a kodama I missed and it was early off in the stage
>>
>>167802197
I like the shark because of the minor health absorb in close combat. It's nice when you've got heavy armor and take some small hits to quickly recover. The extra life and enemy sense in general is great for a starting spirit, and the +1 spirit from picking it gets you a good start.
>>
>Nioh
>NieR

What's next, Japan? NiMH?
>>
>>167802860
Only like 16% of online players have beaten Hino-enma according to trophies
>>
I'm not sure what my problem is but I'm a souls borne vet and fucking Onryoki has killed me 5+ times today.

These boss battles take a long time and I get more and more over it as I go and make mistakes. Hrm.
>>
>>167803205
What are you struggling with in particular? I died like 10 times against him in the alpha and felt like I was making no progress until I realized that just hugging and running around him was much better than trying to dodge or otherwise circle around.
>>
>>167802860
The games broken right now, so not many people are probably playing it.
>>
>>167803205
Farm for healing stuff. Strafe him and learn his Telegraph for the one move that hits behind him. Bait his forward slam. Pop your super for second for. Bait the splash only and kill it.
>>
>>167802860
>>167803204
>tfw only beat the first mission and the first side mission

I wish I had more free time. Also that side mission was disappointing. There were like 30+ revenants through out the level, so I kept expecting some big bads to show up and wreck my shit. Turns out it was nothing but human enemies grunts and one hidden minor oni. How anyone died in that mission is beyond me. Human enemies are easy as fuck.

>>167803064
Trophies like that tend to go overlooked the first few weeks because they're so specific. I don't pay any attention to trophy lists until I beat the game and if I really enjoyed it I'll consider going back to platinum it.
>>
>>167803424
Okay sure
>>
>>167803482

Me neither man, it's just the way it works in that mission, you will see, it made me think that it was a pre requisite to finish it. I won't spoil it for you but it looked like a design mechanic and it ended up being a collectible thing. In any case, go for it when you get there, you won't regret it, it's a lot of fun chasing them around on that one map.
>>
>>167803424
Go back to /r/Nioh with your whining. Nobody wants to carry you through the game anyway.
>>
File: Nioh_20170208211846.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170208211846.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>167803205
>move towards him
>strafe behind when he does a forward attack
>get 2 hits
>backoff before he spins
EZ

don't get greedy
>>
>>167803357

The big thing is the damn spin attack. It's only the first stage but I tend to empty ki and use the pulse which doesn't give me enough to dodge out of it. It's so easy to get wrapped up in a full combo when he doesn't do it that when he does I get hit.

That aside, I really just think it's just rushing because it takes a while. Also, I tend to get clipped by some things that are hard to fully dodge.
>>
greed is the #1 reason for death in this game

just take it slow and you'll beat everything easily
>>
>>167803205
>>167803713
He's easy as hell once you break the chains and he can't swing them around anymore. Dodging his throws are easy.
>>
>>167803845
he usually only spins if youre behind him
>>
>>167803713

I think that's the issue...I'm getting greedy beacuse I could in ds and still block or dodge.

New game, gotta form new habits
>>
File: image.jpg (204KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 750x1334px
>>167803672
Speaking of /r/Nioh, Kotaku is getting desperate.
>>
>>167802917

Stay close to the adds to bait them into a melee. That should open up the core and with a strong enough weapon, you can one shot them with a high stance attack.
>>
>>167804081
this is gawker SOP actually
>>
>>167803891
>Bosses barely take damage and dish out way too much damage
>"Just be patient!"

That's a game design flaw.
>>
>>167803845
You know you can break the chains? Try some heavy attacks near them.

>>167804081
That's amazing
>>
Anyone else think the game is too easy? The demo seemed way more difficult.
>>
>>167804194
I wish OP would have had balls, I would have told him to fuck off.
>>
File: 1380559881861.png (476KB, 706x521px) Image search: [Google]
1380559881861.png
476KB, 706x521px
>>167804216
>>167804273
>the game is too hard
>the game is too easy
>>
>>167804273
once you get some decent gear and a good understanding of the combat/enemy mechanics, it's pretty easy yeah. early on, even with knowledge of the how the combat works it was still pretty tough. also the duels against the human story characters are tough as fuck
>>
>mfw seeing a nue casually walking around in mountain level

fuck me
>>
>>167804372
The only people complaining it's too hard are people who expect to be hand-held through content or really like Let's Plays. Speaking of which, did Polygon ever put out a review or are they still whining about it being impossible to get past the third level?
>>
>>167804216
If 4 minutes is too long for a boss fight for you, might I suggest you try some games from Google Play
>>
File: Nioh_20170208203321.jpg (727KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170208203321.jpg
727KB, 3840x2160px
where do i drop down to get this shit
>>
>>167804505
3/5, quote "the first few bosses will chew up about 25 hours of your time"
>>
>>167804559
is this the bat level?
from above, duh
>>
>>167804559
From up above. Explore more and you'll find a hidden path. We're not going to spoonfeed you
>>
Anyone found a use for glory yet? I'm at 2319.
>>
>>167804745
There's a special shop you can buy player skins and shit in that uses glory.

I stopped fighting revenants because most of them drop shit. I see a lot of level 30ish people in white gear.
>>
>>167804745
Read the op
>>
>>167804839
So then fight the ones that have purple gear
>>
>>167804935
I don't see too many anymore.
>>
started a mission and "gesture menu: options" wont go away? theres nothing to gesture at here.
>>
>>167804906

I mean at what point can you use it? I haven't found a shop yet.
>>
File: 1387512802734.png (32KB, 506x615px) Image search: [Google]
1387512802734.png
32KB, 506x615px
should i just dump a bunch of points into magic and ninjitsu for more skill points to spend?

seems like buffs are more useful that str which only gives like 2 damage
>>
the amount of gear you get in this game is insane.

not sure what to do with it either
disassemble? offer? hoard?
>>
>>167805246
You'll find it eventually
>>
>>167805345
Disassemble. You'll need the parts later.
>>
Jorogumo lewds when?
>>
>>167805786
Never. Japan hates the game.
>>
If there isn't a Ginchiyo disguise then this game is confirmed shit-tier blunder of the decade.
>>
File: Oda_Mon.png (19KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Oda_Mon.png
19KB, 256x256px
You joined the right clan, didn't you anon?
>>
>>167805845
They wouldn't make her look fearboneriffic enough anyway
>>
What's the difference between familiarity bonus and proficiency bonus?
>>
>>167806217
Familiarity is for that specific weapon. Proficiency is all weapons of that type. Or just an increase to the rate and which you gain both. Is there a way to track proficiency?
>>
This fucking weeb at the top of the hill is pushing my shit in pls send help
>>
>forge some stuff
>48% blue chance
>30% yellow chance
>15% purple chance
>rest white chance
>get white
>3 times in a row

can you save scum forging? cuz fuck this
>>
>>167806447

Just found out. Under status menu in the additional stats menu there is a list of your prof.
>>
>>167806769
>forging things

why?
>>
What's going to be the first thing to get a nerf?
>>
>>167806996
anything that lets you refill LW bar while its active
>>
>>167806996
Co-Op because faggots can't stop whining
>>
this game just fucking loves putting giant yokai realm niggas with the longest reach in the tightest corridors possible
>>
>>167806996
infinite living weapon and Sloth are really the only things that need nerfs.
>>
>>167807285
Expect a ton of weapon nerfs that end up making the balance actually worse overall regardless.
>>
>>167806996
I hope nothing because this isn't a pvp game
>>
Where's the lewd Okatsu art at
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>calls you a common drunk
>you're the only one not drinking
>>
File: fucking gaijins.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
fucking gaijins.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>167807771
Is this your first time experiencing a tsundere character, anon?
>>
Anyone got the big screen cap of all the spirits?
>>
>>167803205
The game needs some patching asap
>>
File: spirits.jpg (977KB, 1928x2964px) Image search: [Google]
spirits.jpg
977KB, 1928x2964px
>>167808019
>>
>>167803205
>run in
>hit him twice
>run off
>repeat
what exactly are you struggling with
>>
>It's another boss fight that takes entirely too long because it has a billion health and you have to hit the glowing spot it only shows every so often

How many more fights are there like this? Shit is tedious as fuck.
>>
File: 1416633500164.png (1MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1416633500164.png
1MB, 1920x1088px
>>167808125
>game gets patched
>you now need to have beaten the game to do co-op
>mfw
>>
>>167808337
talking about blob boy? that's the only "gimmicky" fight i've seen so far.
>>
>>167807771
Okatsu is cute, CUTE!
>>
>>167808337
fire amulet, nigga
you'll tear it apart into phase 2 before it even gets the chance to swap sides
>>
File: reallymakesyouthink.jpg-large.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reallymakesyouthink.jpg-large.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>all these people picking shimazu thinking they're getting 30% ki regen
>>
>>167807285

Infinite living weapon? How? The amrita stones?
>>
>>167806089
Where is the option to join clans
>>
>tfw actually considering doing a bare handed, counter-focused run using only Ninjutsu, Onmyo, bare hands, consumables, and ranged weapons
>>
>>167806985
I wanted to try it
>>
What should I spend my Prestige on? Life seems meh since I only get 10 per point.
>>
>>167808229
Which one is the one people say is good with 2kat
>>
>>167808701
there's something that gives you amrita gain on hit, you pair it with an a+ recovery weapon and you're done

i think it's a onmyou spell?
>>
>>167809163
anything you want, you get a literal shit ton of it and it barely adds much anyway
>>
File: 180px-Mononoke_Kodama.jpg (9KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Mononoke_Kodama.jpg
9KB, 180x135px
>Kodama
>Stolen from Princess Mononoke
is Miyazaki gonna sue Team Ninja?
>>
FUCK YUKE ONNA I HATE THIS FIGHT
>>
>>167809802
yes
>>
>>167808701
we've known this since pre release that you can just use amrita ganining methods to have infinite living weapon same with sloth being op and discord being broken

they wont nerf it if they didnt nerf it before
>>
>>167810117

I didn't realize that about the amrita despite having played beta, alpha and last chance.

I did know about sloth though. Loved it.
>>
Just beat the real Mineueuaysdfyasydfasyfd shashimi or whatever.

The one everyone said was super hard in the alpha/beta.

1 hour of attempts, on the dot. landed the killing blow on the strike of the 60th minute.
>>
>>167808229
Thanks m8.
>>
>it took 30 deaths to beat the succubus in the demo

>0 deaths in the real game

what the fuck happened here
>>
Fuck bats, fuck women, and fuck bat women.
>>
>>167809802
straight up stolen from japenis folklore like what the fuck can't they create their own things
>>
>>167809013
I've considered doing a no-leveling run and just use locks and familiarity to gain skill points and go full on murderhobo
>>
>>167811013
you fought her over 30 times before and eventually beat her. what did you expect? you have the experience now, you learned your fundamentals.
>>
>>167811013

You spent those 30 deaths learning her highly telegraphed moveset and weaknesses? A-fucking-duh, anon.
>>
>>167811113
this, the jap shit is like the worst part of this game. so generic and bland and confusing with a billion chingchong wakazashi katana desu ne names

wish they went the bloodborne/dark souls route with a really deep and interesting world with fresh and original ideas and concepts
>>
Is there a way to change your spirit animal that I'm not seeing at the shrine? Sharky is cool as fuck but I wanna try out that pupper.
>>
Anyone know what "Extends Timely Guard Window" bonus means?

Is it only for the Sword's Backwave or does is extend the proper Parry skill windows as well?
>>
>>167811350
You have to unlock them.
>>
really wish you could leave boss rooms after beating the boss. Just killed the spider lady and I was missing one of the teakettle fragments :/
>>
>>167811350
It's like the first option to the left of level up
>>
>>167811013
Hino-Emma is pretty easy desu. People think she's tough because of the paralysis but just land a couple hits ea h time there's an opening, dodge the paralysis, and always have guard up for her spin attack and you're fine.

Spin attack is the worst part desu because it's almost instantaneous and creates a yokai realm
>>
>>167811082
that vamp boss in the 2nd main mission is fairly easy, her pattern is simple. circle strafe her and side roll the paralyzing attacks and projectiles. you can attack her after most of her animations but be prepared to cancel the attack with a roll, don't commit to a long combo unless she whiffs a big attack like the aerial dive rush.

ki pulse her yokai realm shit and just dodge her bite attack, it has a big wind-up. killed her in <5 minutes with 2kat on high stance around level 20.
>>
>>167811336
yeah they could have also made the game about vampires instead of ogre MUH SWAMPP this isn't shrek retards selling my ps4
>>
>>167811406
Thanks
>>167811415
Where do I end up unlocking them? Is it just mission progression or are they side quests?
>>
File: niohwhat.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
niohwhat.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
ebin
>>
>>167811496
Is there a way to dodge her wing spin attack? And don't tell me there is because luck is bullshit.
>>
WHY CANT YOU REACT TO THIS ICE BITCH MILLION YARD STAB?
>>
>>167811794
FLYING INTO FREE~
>>
For the fucking life of me, I can't be the fucking first boss. Its just the spins that keep getting me, I can't get the timing down on them. And when I try blocking, half the time I get hit once and half the time I get hit twice, and the second time Im always stunned since his hits eat so much of my Ki.

Fuck, I watched my friend beat this in one try. Im getting really pissed now.
>>
>>167802917
>adds during the Umibozu fight
Sounds like you didn't finish the level, friendo.
>>
>>167811860
yea, don't be close to her when she does it
>>
>>167811534
Both, you'll see them listed on the mission reward screens on the map
>>
BONFIRES! BONFIRES! BONFIRES! BONFIRES! BONFIRES!

I clapped when you had to retrieve your currency/xp on death but no bloodstain oh well
I clapped when you unlocked shortcuts

Low health and telegraphed enemy attacks
I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS
>>
>>167811867
circle around the outside of the zone to dodge the missiles, when she goes for the stab spam she'll be a dash in front of you, hit her twice back off and repeat circling
>>
Fucks sake the crafting is pissing me off. Crafted 9 spears with a 35% chance at purple, got 7 whites, a yellow, and a blue.
>>
>>167812175
Oh that's funny, because I'm not and then she spins around and then she's close and then she hits me regardless of my rolls.

I'm just being salty, it's her only attack that's hitting me and I don't understand why.
>>
>>167771321
>only have water kat
>can't beat umi bozu for shit
I only have like 2 fire talismans left
>>
>>167812763
Search the map more. You're missing something that makes him piss easy
>>
I'm level 50 and still didn't fight the Umi Bozu... I shouldn't have grinded coop so much and endlessly farmed for the Warrior of the West set I guess.
>>
>>167812660
normal crafting is a massive waste of time, just farm honour and use the tea house vendor
>>
>>167813287
level means literally nothing, weapons are the thing you need to worry about, armour is a meme since everything 2hits past mid-game anyway
>>
>>167812726
Just beat her. I feel stupid.
>>
I'll be getting the game in a few weeks, can't wait, loved the beta and all but has anyone found out what the point of the Mark of the Conqueror does yet? Just curious.
>>
>>167812370
you ok
>>
File: Nioh-Unlock[1].jpg (15KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh-Unlock[1].jpg
15KB, 295x295px
>>167813508
You get a unique helmet, same for beating the beta and the demo.
>>
Guys I need serious help I'm stuck on the first big boss ball oni dude. Why the fuck is the first boss so overpowered not even dark souls is this retarded. you do fuck all damage and it goes on forever. It feels really out of place even for a copy of the souls games.

Not only that but I think I fucked my build, I have 15 skill and some dex and I feel I should be good but I'm not. I'm using the sickle and duel swords but they do fuck all damage even with magic. fuck I even tried to get help 5 fucking times and now im alone. you can only summon one fucking person?

Is skill/duel/ sickle hard mode? I swear the sickle is good but this boss takes no damage. should I have went vanilla and went with the katana/tank?
>>
File: 1390244762825.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1390244762825.gif
2MB, 400x225px
I'm trying to get Spirit Scaling on a weapon, but I have no idea what 'category' it belongs to as an upgrade. Is it possible to have Spirit Scaling with elemental damage or familiarity scaling? Is there a guide for this anywhere out there?
>>
What the fuck is up with this giant white masked revenant on the bridge who has more health than all the rest of the bosses I've fought put together?

I just spent a good 15 minutes whaling on him but he was only down to around 70% health
>>
After unlocking prof bonus, my wooden sword only gained 7 attack and that was probably from familiarity. It seems prof bonus just increases the rate in which you gain prof.
>>
>>167814142
No, it's not hard mode, and you're almost overleveled even.

Just use a weapon that's higher level if you can.

Also, block.
>>
>>167814142
Also just thought of this but is nija shit a waste, should've I went with the magic skill stat? I thought it worked with the skill build.
>>
so when can I do this game's equivalent of putting down my summon sign to help niggas out? I put points into lightning talisman, the heal others talisman, and power pill I'm ready to do this shit
>>
I beat the last chance Demo and downloaded the DLC for the Helmets but I only got the Bat one.

What the fuck do?
>>
>>167814342
You do it from the menu after you beat the first mission, the Torii Gate at the starting point is co-op stuff, you can queue up for random missions there or specific ones
>>
>>167814414
thanks senpai, looks like I should beat the first mission then so I can sunbro it up
>>
Does the game have sunbros?
>>
>>167814289
I have both weapons around in the 50's is that enough? I really didn't put anything in heart or stam so maybe my health is the problem? Its really different from souls because it seems one stat gives you almost a ton of stat boosts without the need to go into the others. so really I have no idea what im doing.

and yeah I should be blocking more but can I really fucking do this myself? I swear this feels like a at least a 3 man job, even 2 is not cutting it. is this game only 2 player summons?
>>
>mfw 2kat casuals dont know how to get the most out of the weapon
>>
>>167814567
Bro, I suck at this game and I killed that guy alone second try. It's not as hard as you think, something about your approach is just plain wrong
>>
>>167814512
Nah just heaps of nips.
>>
do you get more summoning cups from defeating killed players? how rare are they? what should I be putting my prestige points into. I did things like luck/item chance.
>>167814674
do you think its my build? I just do no damage man. and get two shotted before I can last a quarter way. I got close with a teammate but he died and we were so close. the other 5-8 times either I died or he did and it was over. It just doesn't feel balanced like souls.
>>
Can I play this game while smoking or is combat too frantic for that?
>>
>>167814925

Please record yourself playing. I have no idea how someone could be this bad.
>>
>>167815005
well a ton of other players are bad at this game too obviously and I can see that with playing with others. the game just is not crafted like souls and it might just be too different so far for a lot of people or the first boss needs a bit less health pool.
>>
>>167814925
No it isn't your build, as another anon said you're overleveled and Kusarigama do fine damage. I have no idea what you could be doing besides playing with your feet. Did you select a twilight mission on accident? You should really record a fight or something so people can see what the hell is going on.

>>167815209
The game is balanced and crafted just fine, you need to adapt. I can tell you right now, flat out, you are doing something wrong. But I can't tell you what that is without more info.
>>
>>167815282
what do you mean playing with my feet am I running/dodging around too much? should I just block?
>>
>>167813063
I lit the towers. I couldn't light my elemental kat on fire and didn't know to until about an hour ago. Took me 20 tries anyway. Fuck that boss
>>
>>167815440
No I mean literally using your feet on the controller
>>
>>167814972
youll probably end up chewing the fag to pieces
>>
The difficulty seems super inconsistent.

You go from wall to wall it seems. Enma is there to fuck you up once you're starting to get the hang of it. Then you beat her and the Nue's there to continue the job. Then you have the option of fighting the real Muneshige who will push your shit in.

Then the mines centipede is... a joke.

You seriously can just kite him around, turn on the poison thing, drop attack him when he reforms and shoot him with a FUCKING CANNON for massive damage.

I'm sure the next one is going to be either a complete joke, or a fucking beast.
>>
>>167815750
Nue is a fucking pushover
>>
who /helmet hidden/ here?
>>
>>167815854
golden demon mask all day
>>
hello, im mildly retarded, but randomly when i attack an ogre he'll lose all his stamina and fall down.

why is that?
>>
>>167815854

Warrior Monk's hood for Joe Shinobi cosplay.
>>
>>167815750
>wow this is hard
>oh I have the hang of it now this is easy
>wow this next thing is hard
>oh I have the hang of it now this is easy
>wow this next thing is hard

noticing a pattern here?
>>
>>167816034
you cut his horns off
>>
Boss death count:
Any of the london shit: 0
Ship oni: 0
Bat bitch: 0
Nue: 0
Fake Samurai: 0
Real Samurai: 0
Umi-Bozu: ~15

lel
>>
is the big slime beam meant to 1 shot me

cant even use the fires
>>
>>167816162
Yes it is, and yes you can use the fires
>>
>>167816162
I've just been here, honestly change your weapon for a non elemental one and whetstone the shit out of it just to be able to use the fires, they're way better than a regular fire buff. Shreds the guy. And yeah the beam oneshot me, level 35ish
>>
>>167816157
London: A bunch, but this is my first game like this so I tried to kill those two knights as a trial by fire
Ship oni: 4
Bat bitch: 3

This is the first remotely hard game I've ever played so I'll take it
>>
>>167816141
did i skip a tutorial or does the game even try to explain this?

i just got the game and fighting the ogre boss in the boat
>>
>>167816162

The laser will 1 shot you. You shouldn't be getting hit by anything else. Just use fire and hit the tentacles when he slams them down.

It's stupidly easy, just takes way too long to kill.
>>
>>167816068
Its been more like
>Wow I do no damage>
>Wow this weapon rekts face
>Wow I do no damage>
>Wow this weapon rekts face

I like it better than Dark Souls huehuehuehuehue 1 weapon entire game upgrade it fagit. The total inconsistency is making it difficult. Baselines with like the Raikiri seem good, but maybe a bit too far apart.
>>
>>167816396

If you notice, pretty much every yokai enemy has a big glowing orange spot somewhere on them. That is their weak spot, try to hit it.
>>
Do I get to go back to the first map? If so, when? I still didn't fight doggo guy.
>>
>>167816157
>London
I died by getting nailed by the first guard, wasn't aware you were supposed to go grab a sword. I beat him bare handed
0 deaths to derrick

Ship Oni: 0

Bat Bitch: 4
Took a break, came back and basically did 75% of her health with my Doge sword

Nue: 3, once I figured out to just keep moving when he does his lightning scream

Fake Samurai: 0
Real Samurai: Like 24. I didn't play the Beta. Got really fucking good at dodging through his running draw attack

Centipede: 2
>>
What the fuck is the secret of this mission? This guy has more health than anything I've fought, blocks almost everything and is next to impossible to ki break
>>
>>167816157
light the fires for umi bozu to stop him from spawning minions
>>
>>167816704
forgot my image
>>
>>167816853
dont get hit
>>
>>167816683
Fuck, I forgot Great "There can be no good centipede bosses in vidya ever" Centipede
>>
>>167816853
just bait his attacks and high stance katana him
>>
>>167796968
no they didn't you idiot
>>
>>167816709
This was after lighting them all

Thanks water kat
>>
>>167816853
parry him,
>>
>>167816853
you can literally send him off the edge of the bridge
I've done it 3 times as I was farming revenants there
>>
i still don't understand how to do 1kat's 'force them to the ground' guard break move
>>
Stuck in the shrine where you light the fire near hotspring in the water level

How do I get out of here?
>>
>>167817020
The parry I have on my katana doesn't do any damage, it just flips me over him. There's another parry upgrade but I don't think it does any damage either, or if it does it doesn't do much

>>167817136
How'd you manage that? I had him at the edge a couple of times but he never looked like he was going to fall over.
>>
>>167817285
you know the area where you can look out towards the beginning of the level directly opposite the fire?
the wall to the left is fake
>>
>>167817308
the god weapon
the only one worth a shit
kusarigama
>>
>>167817308
Spear, kat, 2kat, any weapon with a kick
>>
File: Nioh_20170208165101.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170208165101.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
So is the Kusarigama ten times better than anything else, or am I dumb?

Also, it seems like LMAO 2 KAT is worthless garbage
>>
>>167817901
I use 2kat and kill enemies just fine
>>
>>167817375
Thanks anon
>>
I keep seeing people say 2kat is bad, is that true?

What exactly is bad about it?
>>
>>167818145
I've used 2kat the entire game so far (about 20 hours) and have had no problems with it being too weak or anyhting
>>
>>167818250
But how often do you compare it to other weapons of similar level and stats?
>>
>>167818369
never because im not using those weapons
>>
all 7 pieces of Warrior of the West + 1kat only reporting in
>>
>>167816478
this this this.
the health pools on the bosses and the demons are retarded
>>
File: 1472926055174.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472926055174.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
Terrifying.
>>
>>167818403
Then you don't have frame of comparison. 2kats aren't unusable, they're just much weaker than the other weapons
>>
>>167818653
but muh combos
>>
what is a "timely guard" ? set bonus increases window opportunity of it
>>
>>167818742
Kusarigama has the same combos
>>
File: 1436911933144.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1436911933144.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>167818769
>>
>>167818761
increases perfect block window for weapons that have a perfect block (puts enemy off balance) skill.
>>
2kat is shit, I've been using the scythe + chain thing and the damage isnt even comparable. I'm able to do more damage using less ki and the moveset is way superior as I'm able to zone people in front of me and horizontaly.

It's a shame though, I guess I'm gonna level up 1kat for my secondary weapon.
>>
>>167818653
You know what else is weaker? Kusarigama
>>
>>167818856
2kat is like dual blades in MH, it's good but you've gotta have elemental damage on it
>>
Do iframes not exist? I feel like I'm better off guarding that dodging since I get fucked up. Unless I'm getting the timing wrong
>>
>>167819294
There are i-frames, just not as much as souls games. And I think the amount of frames depends on your stance, i.e low stance's dodge has more than high stance's roll.
>>
>>167819159
But Kusarigama is better buffed than buffed 2kats
>>
is the digital deluxe version worth it?
>>
>>167819294
>Needs i-frames
I'm sure if you paid attention you'd notice there are some
>>
File: 1452073200055.png (570KB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452073200055.png
570KB, 1694x1200px
What unlocks the Skill-unlocking missions? Is it just progress in the main missions or are there stat requirements as well?
>>
Anyone wanna co-op the ice level? I've got my cup on the altar
>>
>>167819159
Kusarigama does more attacks than 2kat, thus dealing more elemental/poison/paralysis damage and it can do it in heavy stance.
>>
>>167819709
Both, but they cap out at 20 stat points
>>
>>167819821
>Summon a revenant
>Just mash my face on the light attack button in heavy stance with Kusarigama
>shit all over them, break their ki, blow their asshole apart
>>
I got so used to playing with heavy armor that when I switched up my build to a more agile medium/light armor style I kept getting fucked because I was trying to block everything like I was used to. Anyone saying heavy armor is a waste is doing something wrong with their setup
>>
>>167816704
>>167816853
That's fucking Benkei, the biggest dick master of all weapons to ever have lived, brought back by Kelley. If you fight him straight up it's tough. Bait his shit out and status fuck him.
>>
how much damage does protection talisman work for?
>>
>>167819979
But the block stat is in the weapon, not the armor. The armor gets the damage reduction and the weapon gets the whatever stat that reduces your ki when you block.

Blocking with a heavy or light armor should have no difference.
>>
>>167819932
>shark guardian
>use guardian talisman to instantly knock them down
>stab them on the ground
>repeat if necessary

Discovered this early on and it's a pretty ridiculous way to cheese revenants, not that they're particularly hard anyway.
>>
>>167820130
Heavy armor gives more Toughness than light/medium, which allows you to take less ki damage from attacks you block.
>>
>>167819929
Thanks you Anon.
>>
>check out every corner and go into every possible corner of the map
>6/9 forest spirits
>>
How the fuck do demon walls work because what the fuck man

There is no consistency
>>
>onmyo casting speed up
holy FUCK
>>
>>167820353
You obviously missed some corners
>>
>>167820353
>he has tinnitus

My condolences
>>
how long until lobos does a fist only run?
>>
>>167820520
I just beg to for them to let me in and they do
>>
>>167820520
If they glare at you, use a red emote. If they don't, just bow.
>>
>>167820520
There should be a corpse that tells you what NOT to do near the wall. You get 2 chances to please it
>>
What are the requirements for co op? I just had a cup up for like 20 minutes and didn't get anyone. Don't tell me >ded game already
>>
This game is fucking sweet and I love seeing every weapon I equip actually on me and the blood on my armor. The littlest things get me hard
>>
>>167820870
Yeah, more games need to do that where you can see all of your character's gear. The only slight issue with it in Nioh is you can't see two of the same weapon equipped, but that's not really a big deal.
>>
File: Cast speed up.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cast speed up.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>167820546
guys seriously, this is rad
>>
>>167820985
its like improved casting speed from dork souls except it's actually noticeable and viable
>>
File: 1404535065749.jpg (52KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1404535065749.jpg
52KB, 500x738px
>Revenants never dropping their purples
>>
File: 1486184147262.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486184147262.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
who /teatime/ here?
>>
>>167820985
Nice, going to have to try getting that on my shit.
>>
How much Stamina do you need to make heavy armor put you in the green instead of yellow? Anyone even tried?
>>
File: 1466400499433.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466400499433.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
how the hell do I get over therre
>>
File: counter.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
counter.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
it's the little things that matter
>>
>>167821521
Broh str/stam will gives you a greater likelihood for green than straight stam.
>>
>killed succ second try
>feel like i only on because she got BTFO by living weapon
feels bad man
>>
>>167821521
depends on the armor.
>>
>>167821636
Don't feel too bad, I used it on the centipede twice. I hate how it's set up.
>>
>>167821554
You keep going through the level
>>
What should I be dumping points into if I'm going swords/dual swords? So far I've put all my points into boosting my ki since I'm constantly running out and it boosts the damage of my swords, I've heard I should get spirit to 13.
>>
Anyome help with slime boss? Word is VG
>>
>>167821770
Skill, heart, body, and spirit
>>
File: Revenant Duel.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Revenant Duel.webm
3MB, 900x506px
heh...nothing personell, gaijin
>>
File: demonking.png (453KB, 442x668px) Image search: [Google]
demonking.png
453KB, 442x668px
Literally no better looking set of armor in the entire game.
>>
Why is Saoirse so cute?
>>
>>167821928
The Cowl looks mismatched
>>
>>167821763
yeah but where do I enter from? I already cleared it in my campaign
>>
>>167822069
from the spider cave
>>
>>167821843
Thanks senpai
>>
>lv 25
>want to soul match my lv8 spear
>increasing it to lv14 LOWERS the damage
interesting
>>
>>167822395
It resets your familiarity.
>>
>>167822395
because it loses all the familiarity youve gained on it, which gives a dmg bonus. get it back up again and youll have more dmg
>>
>heavy armor with defence magic scaling and 16% elemental reduction flat

i thought only light had the magic scaling shit
>>
>>167822925
im pretty sure any armor can have any special effect on it
>>
>>167822925
Any can. Genbu does it as a passive
>>
>>167822925
Anything can have almost anything on it, certain stuff just has a higher chance of having that stuff. Depends on how long you want to reroll.
>>
im over 70% but still no hyper armor
>>
>>167818145
when someone says 2kat is bad i just assume they can't flux. god of wind is the best kick and tempest is by far the best special
>>
>>167822042
It's how you know he's a villain.
>>
>>167823395
im pretty sure you have to be wearing ALL heavy armor
>>
What are the equip% breakdowns in this game if any? I'm at like 98% equip and I'm not having any issues as long as I'm not in high stance.
>>
>>167823597
0-30, 30.1-69.9, 70-100
>>
>>167823489
Is Mind's Eye any good? Is it just like frame perfect dodging or what?
>>
>>167823489
>two good moves make a shit weapon not shit
>>
I beat the last chance Demo and downloaded the DLC for the Helmets but I only got the Bat one.

What the fuck do??
>>
>>167808229
No Waifu spirit from the intro?
>>
>>167824509
Last water one
>>
>>167824439
Might have been an error that the Nioh team knows about. I recall them saying that they fixed something, and you should be able to find the mark of hte conqueror in the store for Nioh now
>>
Why did the old man give me his family sword instead of letting his son keep it, even though he was saying all of his hope is on his son?
>>
Does anyone else feel like the game could be just a bit harder? I feel like it's well balanced for the most part, but for some reason I feel like it's a bit too easy. Maybe I just play too many games of this type.
>>
Anyone know when you get Shinka? These Kodama are flipping my completionist switch and it's becoming a hassle using divination talismans
>>167824876
Did you read the post mission text? It's explained.
>>
>>167825013
Wait, can you use talismans to kind the missing green dudes?
>>
>mfw finally a neat looking dragon as a guardian spirit
>hes shit
>>
>>167825295
Yeah well general area. Shinka and the peacock can do it passively. Charms can have it too
>>
File: Nioh_20170208030852.jpg (385KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170208030852.jpg
385KB, 1920x1080px
>>167825391
私はあなたが私についてひどく話していると聞いた!
>>
>>167825391
He's pretty good if you don't use weapon. He shoulda popped up later though
>>
I've barely touched Ninjutsu, the Magic, and the weapon skills.

I unlocked Ki-Pulse Dodge, and the ki-pulse buffs and have been doing pretty damn fine.

Once I got the raikiri I started wrecking shit, now I have some Water sword that's pretty OK.

>>167825391
>+12.5% Amrita
>Shit.
>>
>mission to fight nobunaga and his wife at the same time
What are some other missions that are literally impossible?
>>
>>167825687
mission to get a gf
>>
Im loving the shit out of this game . Its also a bit addicting
>>
File: muh.gif (1022KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
muh.gif
1022KB, 500x281px
>Iga-style Mega Karaku-dama
>>
Best sword skills? Middle of the first real missions and totally forgot about skills, I have 10 points saved up
>>
>>167823572
so you can be under 70% and have hyper armor with enough stamina?
>>
Has anyone made some dumb webm's with sword of meditation?

the 1kat move where you just walk up and do one shitty looking slash attack
>>
>>167825958
Ki dodge
>>
>>167826017
i suppose
>>
What does snakebite do?

does recurrent damage dealt mean that combo attacks are more powerful?
>>
>>167826224
>recurrent
Think dots
>>
>>167826049
Holy shit you're right, I thought I'd still have to hit R1 while dodging, but it automatically does a ki pulse when you dodge, this shit is a game changer
>>
>>167822092
is there a second entrance or something? the side with the 3 spiders that ambush you from above is a dead end
>>
>>167826339
Otherwise what weapon are you using?
>>
File: 1448708168857.png (105KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448708168857.png
105KB, 245x300px
>Spend all purple ingredients
>33% chance for purple
>It's white rarity
Look bitch, do you know how to work a hammer?
>>
>>167826471
>do it ten times
>Whites
>5% chance of purple
>purple
This bitch don't know how to count
>>
I got a question. For Onmyo magic, all i've used so far is the weapon buff tags, but for the Dojo onmyo mission I was given a lightning ball, where the fuck are those in normal play? I've yet to see them
>>
NOOOO THE KITTY DIED REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: DaS Artorius Dream.jpg (183KB, 679x531px) Image search: [Google]
DaS Artorius Dream.jpg
183KB, 679x531px
>hear lots of people having trouble with Vampire waifu using 2kat
>be mainly 2kat user
>get nervous going in, think if I have to redo her too many times I'll switch to the spear
>beat her on the 3rd try just by poking at her with mid stance heavy attack and rolling into her
Man you guys got me scared over nothing.
>>
File: lotsofexplosions.jpg (134KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
lotsofexplosions.jpg
134KB, 800x420px
>>167825773

>30% unlimited ninjutsu
>36% recover ninjutsu after living weapon
>Ninjutsu power +58
>Ninjutsu damage bonus A
>>
>>167826869
Read your skills in the tree
>>
>>167826918
She's scary for people who have trouble finding openings, or who haven't seen her move enough to know her moveset
>>
>>167811794
Clearly he had to go.
His planet needed him.
>>
File: Nioh_20170207220213.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170207220213.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
Is Nobunaga in literally EVERY sengoku era work of fiction ever?
>>
>help girl to find her fake husband
>defeat her real husband
>unlock the god spirit,two dogs that signify marriage and love
I didn't need these feels
>>
>>167826991
Oh for fucks sake, the "Shot" spells sounded like they added elemental damage to your physical ranged weaponry, not "Create" a fucking magic ball
>>
>>167811942
Stand in front of him and bait out his forward slam, it's really easy to dodge.
He only does the spin if your around his backside.
>>
>>167826918
Me too. Died to her once only dodging to see all of her attacks and killed her in the second try. The 3 kicks and the grab attacks literally beg you to combo her.
>>
>>167814352
Try restarting the game and going to boons again.
>>
what are the good heavy sets? I only know of honda which is body scaling I don't want
>>
>>167827408
Theres literally a video of the character shooting a magic ball
>>
>>167827408
Shit, that's what I thought they fucking did. I'm missing out.
>>
>>167827482
Warrior of the West. I think most of the big named samurai are gonna be heavy
>>
>>167827604
thats medium
>>
>>167827745
Are you sure? The weight says differently unless you're going off stat combos
>>
File: 1476074228794.jpg (1MB, 5198x3070px) Image search: [Google]
1476074228794.jpg
1MB, 5198x3070px
>tfw no big titty spider wife to create endless hordes of spiders
>>
>>167827959
there is an icon by the picture of the armor when you slect it that has 3 images of weights. if 1 is filled its light, 2 is medium, 3 is heavy
>>
File: Nioh_20170208030735.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170208030735.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
So, who's everybody's favorite character so far?
>>
>>167828130
So it is. I coulda swore it was heavy. Man now I hope Enko-man's armor is medium
>>
>>167828232

all the cute girls
>>
File: 1473158009924.png (366KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473158009924.png
366KB, 600x450px
>>167828232
lord shiggy and his wife diggy
>>
File: snow bear.jpg (47KB, 633x726px) Image search: [Google]
snow bear.jpg
47KB, 633x726px
>>167828471
>Get to the end of the third story mission
>Ginchoyo shows up in person
>Expect her to be useless
>She shits on enemies with no issue whatsoever
based waifu
>>
so does the Tachibana cheese still work?
>>
File: 1405715096932.png (395KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1405715096932.png
395KB, 640x480px
>All the Infinite Ammo/Ninjutsu/Onmyo bonuses have been reduced since the beta
>The same guaranteed Archer set spawn in the beta that had a 75% Infinite ammo chance gave me 7.5% Infinite Ammo
>8.9% after my purple charm
>mfw this shit is basically worthless now
>>
>>167828696
The "wait until your 30 levels higher and then come back and rek him" strat? yes
>>
>>167829237
He meant the bare handed counter
>>
File: disgust.jpg (54KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
54KB, 564x400px
>>167795096
>insert dark souls player using axe in high stance and literally nothing else
>>
>reliably miss one little dude per area

Man, it kinda sucks to have to redo the mission or enter and search around for one
>>
File: Untitled.png (197KB, 424x427px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
197KB, 424x427px
I'd like to play a more range based character and melee only the bosses. Is that not possible? I can't reliably get ammo to snipe all the guys around the map.

>Yes I know samurai game.
>>
>>167829574
See >>167829227
It was possible in the beta (not last chance) through Infinite Ammo bonuses + Ninjutsu items, but Infinite anything got a hard nerf.

There is the ninjutsu skill to retrieve ammo from fatal shots, though.
>>
What idiot decided this was a good idea?

>make a boss with a fuckton of HP
>make his attacks telegraphed to shit
>OH EXCEPT THIS ONE HIT KILL LASER WHICH IS FAST AS FUCK
>>
How do I get the knight set? Can I only get it at the first mission? When do I get the ability to make myself the weeb slayer using bastard sword/knight set?
>>
So what does the number for Paralyses on weapons relate to?
>>
>>167826387
I picked dual swords as my secondary, but I'm feeling like I'll mostly just stick with a single sword, work on mastering that first
>>
Has anyone tried a bare-handed build? There's quite a few bare-handed multipliers out there.
>>
Retard question, I'm at the bat boss and realizing I haven't been told how to parry yet. What did I miss to not get this bit of info?
>>
>>167830053
its a skill you have to unlock
>>
Is it not possible to Flux out of a Ki Pulse Dodge?
>>
how do i get divine set items?
>>
>>167826918
I beat her in beta too many times. She's much easier in full game. People need to git gud.
>>
>>167830092
Flux is changing stances
Ki Pulse Dodge is dodging

Both will act as a proper ki pulse, but you can't do them at the same time.
>>
Damnit, I'm too retarded to understand all the smithing mechanics
>>
>>167819929
>but they cap out at 20 stat points
Soft-cap maybe.
>>
>>167830227
Buy useless items, sell items for gold. Or you can disenchant items to get crafting materials. You can make new items with crafting materials + gold. You can combine two items to upgrade the level of one of them. You can reroll the random bonuses on items until you get something you want.
>>
>>167829981
Just make other stuff look like knight stuff
>>
what the hell?

up to nue, scoured the whole area, yet only have 4/8 kodama
got them all on the other missions just fine
>>
I accidentally went into the tutorial dojo from the map, any way to quit? Tried quitting to title screen but when I reloaded it put me back in the tutorial.
>>
>>167830629
Beat Nue and find out why
>>
>>167830629
Go beat nue and you'll see
>>
I put my beginning points all over the place, when can I craft the respec item?
>>
>finally get nue to half hp
>hit 3 lightning bolt attack now hits 4 times and kills me
nice
epic
i like it
>>
so whats the reward for getting all 6 hiragamo thingy fragments seems like it wasnt mandatory
>>
>>167831121
You buy it from the smith for 10,000 gold, book of reincarnation
>>
>>167831128
>not knowing it was always four
Do you know how to count?
>>
>>167831128
It was always four, anon.
>>
>the mission where the mother "lost" her children in the graveyard so they would turn into yokai so you'd murder them
Fucking brutal
>>
>>167831404
Don't forget the kyushu village leader sacrificing villagers
>>
the bosses arent hard enough their attacks don't cover enough range and i just walk around them killing them in 45 secs so dumb

needs better tracking desu
>>
File: 1455335425414.png (64KB, 507x540px) Image search: [Google]
1455335425414.png
64KB, 507x540px
>No disguises for any of the cute girls
The fuck is this, Team Ninja? You're gonna try selling them to me for 5 bucks a pop, aren't you? And of course I'll buy them because I'm a weak willed waifu fag.
>>
>>167831520
I'm finding the bosses hard but it may be because I never block. Too used to Souls games where you can just roll for ages. I need to start blocking sometimes.
>>
>>167831520
I feel like I'm playing an entirely different game from everyone else, no boss ever leaves room to attack, they all track 360 degrees every time, and half of their moves are unlblockable
>>
>>167831520
Nah. Boss difficulty is fine past the first three or four. The last thing any game, especially one as fast as this, needs is enemies spinning around like they're on fucking ice skates a-la Dark Souls 2.
>>
>go from dying in seconds against nue, to getting him to 1/5th without using a vial
nice

any way to for me to have a break and co-op without leaving a mission?
>>
How do you learn other refashion styles? Do I need to disassemble the pieces to learn or is it solely based on mission progress?
>>
>>167831912
You just gotta get new pieces.
>>
>>167831902
Need to use the Torii gate in the mission screen to join as a visitor unfortunately
>>
>>167831972
I want the Shinobi legs from the Novice Ninja mission as a style but I don't want to scrap them and be ugly, unless it in the process
>>
>>167831161
hidden tea house and spider spirit
>>
im lost on the second floor on the ninja house at the area where both moving walls say they need to be opened frmo the other side
>>
FYI you can use 2kat Random Slice during living weapon and it's sick as fuck
>>
>>167832089
What's the hidden teahouse do?
>>
>>167832170
nvm fixed it
>>
am i missing something or do i really need to enter a mission to unequip my gear?
>>
>>167832209
lets you join a samurai clan and buy shit with glory points
>>
>>167832262
you can just open the stat screen on the world map exactly the same as in game
>>
>>167832341
oh, lol.
>>
>>167832074
All you have to do is see them. It doesn't eat them up
>>
Let me see if I understand some of the stats.

Break is your weapon's ki damage against a blocking enemy (I've only seen humans block)

Parry determines how much stamina you lose when you block. Most likely relative to their break and maybe attack stats?

So if you want to block, your best weapon choice is dual swords. If you want to hit an opponent who is blocking, your best weapon is a hammer.

Light medium and heavy armor can all have the same defensive multiplier. But heavy armor gives a higher damage reduction percentage than medium armor and light armor.

I'm not sure what defensive multiplier does. Is it just damage reduction applied before/after the damage reduction% stat?

Toughness... I'm not sure about either. Heavier armor has higher toughness. The description says "Resistance to guard breaks and ki damage". I thought your parry stat did that. Does toughness just add to it in addition to the ki loss when not blocking?

Also does this game have any sort of poise? Is it just a built in mechanic with axe attacks?
>>
Does shiddy drop his bow or do I get it from somewhere else?
>>
>>167832292
And what are Samurai clans?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but the wikis don't have shit
>>
What's this, an npc Revenant? Thought it's a dev.
>>
>>167832474
Yeah it's just listing which clan they belong too
>>
>>167808229
you cant get the snake? Kelley's spirit?
>>
What does equip percentage do?
>>
>>167832378
I know that refashioning doesn't consume a piece to transfer the skin. What I was asking is if I need to disassemble a piece for a skin to be added to my skin collection. I have the shinobi gear already but I can't refashion to any of the pieces
>>
File: DLC.jpg (9KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
DLC.jpg
9KB, 600x300px
>>167832639
I suspect that they will put more spirits out sometime.
>>
>>167832642
It's how much your gear weighs. The higher the percentage, the worse your dash and ki regeneration is.
>>
>>167832682
I was able to refashion to Warrior Monk shit without selling or deconstructing anything. It's as soon as you pick it up.
>>
Someone please tell me what I'm missing.
I'm on batbitch, both her and the chainball boss have gone about like so:
Attack once after their attack, don't even have time to Ki Pulse before I get hit again so, dodge out.
When I get hit, either by a massive hitbox, or something is unblockable, or the the move tracked me through my entire dodge, it does 80% of my life, about 1.5 elixers worth
I beat chainball guy by pure luck pretty much, what the fuck am I missing? I have mostly purples on, highest defense I can get while still being green weight, every weapon I try doesn't improve the situation. Like >>167831809 said above I feel like I'm not even playing the same game as everyone else.
>>
>>167832682
What was my first reply? All you have to do is see/get them. Now for something like Honda I don't know if you need smithing texts or the actual piece.
>>
>Kill the big Oni thing on the boat on my 2nd try
>Kill bat bitch first try
>Nue which is probably the most telegraphed boss in the entire game killed me 42 fucking times

Fuck.

Also check your stat page, it tells you how often you've died to a boss.
>>
>>167832985
Where on the stat page?
>>
>>167832850
>or something is unblockable
>using block for anything other than after you get hit to block the followup attacks
Dodge, son. Never block.
>>
>>167832850
it takes a bit to "break through" on the game's mechanics. lots of people played alpha/beta/LTC so they already have done so

for defense, the main things you want to watch out for are:
1. blocking is really, really good and you should be holding up your weapon a lot
2. blocking is stronger in mid stance
3. dodging is stronger in mid and low stance

in general, against demons focus on depleting their ki (by using kicks or high stance attacks) before you go full ham. bat chick is a defensive mechanics check and if you flip through here and /v you can see a ton of people stuck on her
>>
What stats should I invest in for 1kat,2kat, magic and living weapon?

Also what are some of the best abilities to unlock first?
>>
>>167833145
it's really impractical to dodge batty's spin attack
>>
>>167833145
Stop playing dark souls and realize both are useful
>>
File: live_footage.jpg (201KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
live_footage.jpg
201KB, 2048x1152px
Just found out there's a bestiary & dossier of all the mobs you encountered, even shows their weakness too, very neat.
>>
I can't beat the big Yokai with twin swords, an I doing something wrong?
All his attacks are incredibly fast and combo into eachother, he has tonnes of health and range, and he kills me in like 2 hits
>>
>>167833342
lmao didn't realize I died so many times to her.
>>
Is there anything to spend my Amrita on aside from leveling? I'm rapidly out-leveling missions without even grinding or trying.
>>
>>167833246

Yea it tracks to hard, her tell for is she turns slight to the right before doing it, generally you wanna dodge one part of it and block the rest as blocking the entire thing will get your ki broken.
>>
im enjoying the game but does anyone feel like there's just a little too loot? not super into sifting through tons of gear
>>
>>167833145
>Bat throws projectile at you point blank
>No block
>Dodge side, get hit
>Dodge through, get hit
>Eat dash for full hp after
>>
File: C4EzxrRWYAAS8A4.jpg (79KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C4EzxrRWYAAS8A4.jpg
79KB, 1200x675px
>redo Spider Nest Castle because missed a Kodama
>want to summon for the boss
>nobody joins

I-I don't want to be alone!
>>
>>167833231
that is my exact build and i've done a fair amount of min-maxing

you want something like ~10 body (for light armor), 15 heart (first ki breakpoint), at most 25 skill, at most 30 magic (capacity breakpoint), and at most 25 spirit
>>
>>167833202
This is good advice, I saw the game talk about mid stance for blocking, low stance for dodging, but didn't think they had any actual effect. My only concern is I'm usually in mid stance and still can't get hits in edgewise between the boss spamming attacks, how the fuck am I getting high stance hits in
>>
>>167833231
>>167833576
for abilities you want kicks, living water (ki pulse on dodge), tempest for 2kat, iato and maybe parries

for onmoyo get the lightning buff, extraction and guardian talismans. in the early game use the water dragon, bull or bird
>>
>>167833628
what's your weapon? they're very different
>>
File: C4NlawPWQAEHmKF.jpg:orig.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C4NlawPWQAEHmKF.jpg:orig.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw you find a pretty nice sword
>>
>>167833664
It should be noted that getting ki dodge on one tree gets them on all trees
>>
>>167833719

That's a nice looking William.
>>
>>167833716
I'm doing 1kat/spear right now, but I have some points in Kusa as well
>>
>completed missions: 0.0%
No one's completed the whole main missions yet? Not even reviewers? Or does it include side missions too?
>>
File: C4NsKPFWEAAy5Rl.jpg:orig.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C4NsKPFWEAAy5Rl.jpg:orig.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>167833801
hey, thanks
>>
File: 1433483551424.jpg (33KB, 638x748px) Image search: [Google]
1433483551424.jpg
33KB, 638x748px
>>167833972
>He thinks reviewers beat the games they review
>>
>>167833935
for bat 1kat mid stance strong attack is good, just hold up your block and poke after she attacks (or kick). you can probably do the whole fight in mid stance.
>>
File: This. Hahaha.gif (3MB, 628x402px) Image search: [Google]
This. Hahaha.gif
3MB, 628x402px
>>167833972
>Not even reviewers?
>>
>>167833498
PLEASE RESPOND.
Do I just try and force myself not to level above a missions recommended level?
Is there at least a way to store Amrita?
>>
>>167771321
WHAT'S THE POINT OF COOP?
You can't start uncompleted missions. You can't join uncompleted missions. Why they changed good coop to useless shit?
>>
>>167834269
Where are you at in the game?
>>
Who's ready for the blizzard in NY, glad I bought the game.
woke up mad early though fuck.
>>167834274
well inst it good for the people below you? it is retarded though and as far as I know its only 2 people max?
>>
>>167834269
in NG+ you can spend amrita on leveling up your spirits

in the main game i hit a point where i was overleveled around region 2, but eventually levels start costing a shitload and now i'm underleveled in region 4 even doing every side mission. i wouldn't worry about it but if you eally want to "bank" amrita put it in a stupid stat, you can delevel using reincarnation books later
>>
>>167834357
I've slain Hino-Enma and done all the side-quests available after.
>>
Man fuck Sony for making this exclusive.

How am I supposd to afford a ps4.
>>
>>167834421
Yeah, I felt like I was overleveling early on, too, but the game seems to even out as you get further.
>>
So whats the black tile? pvp?
>>
>>167834467
I'm level 40 something, about to enter Region 3. It definitely tapers off hardcore. I stopped getting levels even for beating bosses.

How many regions are there anyways?
>>
>>167834456
I'm playing it on the normal ps4 and I would've rather have this shit on pc. I have to make it look like shit and 720p just for 60 fps? the fuck?
>>
Should i just focus on getting heart as a 1kat user?

i feel like i put in too much points in it. i have 8 in everything else and 15 in heart
>>
>>167834456
>>167834540

No one likes having it exclusively on PS4 but that's how it is and it's not going to change, deal with it.
>>
>>167834547
Get Spirit to 10, maybe 13.

Then start getting everything else to 10 I think is honestly the best option. Sometimes you can get like +4 damage on a Katana by leveling something like Skill.

The leveling system is weird as heck, but theres no doubt some optimizations.
>>
>>167834547
I think I fucked up because I never put anything into heart, mostly in skill. what are the base stats I should be leveling for a skill user
>>
So is it worth it to say, use resources to craft a weapon, then souls match it, and then reforge it until you get desired stats or are you just better off with drops you get?
>>
Just beat the bat lady, what is a good way to increase ki recovery speed?
>>
>>167834657
Im wondering this.

I have no idea how to craft. It seems fucking useless.

Also whats the deal with not getting set bonuses? I have like 3 peices of that dude who you fight in the Dojo's set, but I don't get any benefits.
>>
>>167834691
See, I think that's odd, because I usually wind up using crafted items over anything else besides unique stuff
>>
>>167834691
If you don't have the stats required for the armor, I don't think you get the set bonuses.
>>
holy shit the frog boss in the ninja mansion is fucking my shit up, the bombs in the second phase are some bullshit
>>
>>167834751
Where can you see the required stats?

For everything good about Nioh, theres some really fucking stupid thing.
>>
>>167834770
it's at the bottom of the weapon info panel
>>
File: C4NxRU0WcAIAmNE.jpg:orig.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C4NxRU0WcAIAmNE.jpg:orig.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>167834770
Down below the resistances.
>>
Is there a way to mess around with skills and equipment in the map? Or do you have to enter a mission?
>>
>>167834856
same as in a mission
>>
>>167834856
Yeah, the same way you do it in mission.
>>
I've been playing the whole game with 5 heart.
Are a couple extra Ki points that important? It seems if you just focus on a stance for a weapon and roll for ki cost reduction you can swing endlessly regardless.
>>
>>167834760
Quit for the night at that same bit.
>>
I hope you're all enfashioning all your armor into the london knight set.
Otherwise you're fucking weebtrash and should kys.
>>
>>167834971
i mean that's a solution but being stuck in one stance and giving up a mod slot is limiting
>>
>>167834971
did the whole first region without leveling ki, no issues

but then again, i do have +10 ki from kato which is 5 levels, plus the 20% faster regen
>>
>>167835069
I was so excited when we started in
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

But its all samurai shit now. I wish they made some more knight sets.
>>
>>167835069
I thought about it, but it honestly looks like shit.
>>
File: 1460211934766.png (27KB, 202x272px) Image search: [Google]
1460211934766.png
27KB, 202x272px
does it matter what you use for soul matching as long as it's higher level?

ie low level purple item getting matched to a high level shitty white item?
>>
is soul matching worth it? it costs a shit ton at higher levels and it doesnt affect anything other than base defense/attack
>>
>>167835154
>>167835165
Those stats with the two gray bars and the arrow in the middle carry over to soul matched gear, I think.
>>
>>167835165
only if you have a purple with good extra effects

i have an axe with break and mid attack break, so i've been soul matching it up
>>
>>167835202
Only with Maxed Familiarity.
>>
>>167835107
The chain scythe's high stance, supplemented with the quick kick, beat the game for me. Only ever change to mid for the horizontal swipes vs swarming trash mobs.
>>
>>167835202
>>167835213
>>167835220
OK, I see, thanks. This stuff's a little confusing to me because although I've played the Souls games I don't have much experience with Diablo or really any other very loot driven games.

Surely with the flexibility you have with weapon creation and stats, I wonder if anyone's devised a super optimised, overpowered build yet. Will be interesting to see speedruns of this game.
>>
>>167834361
>well inst it good for the people below you?
They can create coop session only for already completed missions.
>>
>>167835554
I summoned someone to help me on a mission I hadn't completed yet.
>>
>>167835576
It's random encounters. I'm talking about coop.
>>
>>167835623
Doesn't Coop mode offer better rewards?
>>
File: 1474508568153.gif (2MB, 525x478px) Image search: [Google]
1474508568153.gif
2MB, 525x478px
>Alright, time to design an NPC boss fight for our new game, Nioh!
>Ii is next, how do we make him challenging but still fun?
>LET'S GIVE HIM TWENTY TIMES MORE HEALTH THAN THE PLAYER
>ALSO HE TAKES A THIRD OF YOUR HEALTH WITH EACH HIT
>ALSO HIS MOVES STUNLOCK FOR AT LEAST TWO HITS, SOMETIMES MORE, REGARDLESS OF STANCE AND SPEED
>ALSO HIS REFLEXES ARE SO QUICK THAT YOU CAN NEVER LAND MORE THAN ONE HIT, EVEN WITH DUAL SWORDS IN LOW STANCE
>ALSO HE BLOCKS ALL YOUR SKILLS SO THEY BARELY, IF EVER, WORK
>ALSO WE'LL DISABLE LIVING WEAPON SO THE 1 ADVANTAGE THE PLAYER HAS OVER HIM IS GONE
>BUT HE CAN STILL SUMMON HIS THOUGH LOL
>ALSO HIS ATTACKS CAN'T BE BLOCKED BECAUSE EVEN WITH A HIGH PARRY STAT HE STILL OBLITERATES YOUR KI WITH ONE SINGLE COMBO
>ALSO HE ALMOST NEVER DEFLECTS WHEN BLOCKED SO HIS COMBO GOES UNINTERRUPTED
Jesus fucking Christ, and I thought Bloodborne had shit enemy NPCs. The AI isn't even different from a revenant, it's just that he's so tanky and does so much damage that there's far less room for error. Aside from his health and damage, the only thing that seperates him from a revenant is his 2 or 3 unique skills. Beat him by just baiting attacks and busting his guard, just like I do every other human enemy, but it took way longer. I was hoping for a high stakes intense battle with lots of dodging and glancing blows, where one good hit could mean death for either of us. Not this shit.
>>
So if you redo a mission all the items respawn again as well? They're all the same ones?
>>
Now I'm not like this guy >>167835730 but I was pretty disappointed with how cheap that fight was too. That guy summoned his guardian almost every time I knocked down his ki and just ignored any stagger/stab.
>>
File: lough.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lough.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>167835730
>anon so mad because he's shit at the game
>>
>>167835730
t. conquered
>>
This game has too many cool katanas, it's not fucking fair

I'm thinking about switching from axe/spear to axe/sword but I wish I didn't need to put points into the shit stat that is Heart
>>
>>167835743
mostly
eqiup drops may have varying rarity and instead of unique drops like harakiri sword you will get accessories
>>
>>167835930
>>167835947
Beat him third try, Illiterate-san. I'm not mad because it was hard, I'm mad because I wanted an intense fight, not a cheese fest that was only slightly longer than other cheese fests. What's the point in designing a game to be fast-paced and risky like this if all the other human characters are essentially just tanks?
>>
What do the ticket and shirking symbols near the quickslots mean?
Also, how do I know if I'm underpowered for an area/boss?
I'm up to this big ball and chain boss and I do barely any damage.
Thanks in advance
>>
>>167836039
if you want help with something specific, posting an image helps
>>
>>167836039
The missions have levels and the enemies drop lots of gear with that level. There's no way to be underpowered for anything. Especially early on.
>>
>>167835981
>human characters are essentially just tanks?
They're not, it's your choice of play style that makes it so.
>>
>>167836039
for onryoki (first boss) there's a few mechanics to learn. hitting him in the back does more damage, high stance does more damage (for most weapons, some exceptions), and he's weak to many damage types (poison, water, i think lightning? i know there are others)

make sure you equip new weapons and don't be afraid to try different weapons this early on
>>
>>167836174
I keep getting hit mid-dodge with his swings, am I missing something?
>>
>>167835730
break his guard, knock him over, stab him on the floor, attack his back as he gets up. he'll die if you do this 4 or 5 times. the max damage combo depends on the weapon but there is no reason to be plinking him with one hit

you can actually catch his rolls if you delay your attack
>>
>>167836228
Time your dodge better.
On the swings you should dodge later.
>>
I like how you are pretty much forced to reforge your weapons once in a while unless you get a lucky drop because soul matching purples costs literal fortune
>>
>>167836168
Really? Because I don't know how many axe slashes to the face that guy took, but it was more than 34, because that's where I lost count. Meanwhile even with nearly 2000 health and solid armor I could only take four light hits before death. Muneshige was far better and had a far more reasonable amount of health. Yokai i can understand, but Ii had a good bit more health than Yuki Onna, which is fucking retarded. I just think fights with high level enemy NPCs should play like battles with other players, with more advanced AI, not like fighting a revant with a massively bloated healthpool.

When an opponent, one that's supposed to be on your plane of existence and not some 200000 year old super demon, has more health than you by several orders of magnitude, can block at a faster rate than any player, deals very high damage, etc. I think it's fair to classify him as a tank.
>>
File: 180763175.jpg (6KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
180763175.jpg
6KB, 160x120px
Is it possible to savescum for purple weapons?
>>
>>167836228
iframes aren't generous and you can't dodge through everything always. but blocking is very strong and fast, and even running away from attacks is realistic because of how nimble the run is

the first boss has a couple attacks like his spin2win that are super hard to dodge. get behind him so he can't hit you with his regular slams, attack his back and when you see the tell for the spin either raise your guard or run out

blocking is much stronger in mid stance and doding is much stronger in low stance, so choose stance based on that
>>
>>167774759
I mean bloodborne had a soft cap at 25. Didn't feel low lol
>>
>>167836309
that's interesting, i outrageously bodied li with 2kat very quickly by parrying (spear is easy to parry) not boasting, i think different builds have very different boss experiences
>>
How do I get rid of the mark of the conqueror/nioh armor and weapons. They're unsellable and I can't break them down for mats.
>>
Fuck Vampiress.
Literally too casual to beat her
>>
File: IMG_20170209_054757-1.jpg (193KB, 1137x847px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_054757-1.jpg
193KB, 1137x847px
Should I spend another million trying reroll one of these effects?
Is there a list of special effects that share a pool?
>>
>>167836439
I haven't tried parrying, but if you're right then I feel even worse about it. I know it'd be hard to design a human enemy that doesn't get absolutely ass raped by parrying, but if you can really just annihilate everyone with it ezpz then it's pretty sad. I guess maybe I'm just asking for too much, especially from an optional boss.
>>
>>167836352
First boss basically teaches you that this isn't Dark Souls, learn to block
Second boss teaches you blocking is cool, but learn to dodge too, you have to do both.
>>
>>167836514
nigger the game is out for a day, you should sleep for a bit
>>
I'm finding this way harder than the alpha.

Bat lady is destroying me.
>>
>>167836529
So just like dark souls then?
>>
>>167836514
>spending a million on none Divine gear
That's dumb anon
>>
>>167834770
>Where can you see the required stats?
Do you fucking people just get bored reading halfway and stop?
>>
>>167836476
put them in the storage?
>>
>>167836514
what the fuck is going on with those glowing eyes
>>
>>167836671
Can anyone tell me what the second half of this post says?
>>
File: C4N-EDiWAAADa5x.jpg-large.jpg (239KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
C4N-EDiWAAADa5x.jpg-large.jpg
239KB, 2048x1152px
I think the devs forgot to name a revenant
>>
Anyone good at parrying tried to parry those big ass axe skeletons? Or only normal ones can be parried?
>>
>>167836529
But every attack I block stuns me and depletes all my ki
>>
>Walkin round
>Some scary black shit jumps out da water at me
>Kick that nigga right back in
>He dies
>>
>even DSP thinks the game is too easy and feels the game isn't what it was promised to be
How did they fuck it up this bad?
>>
>>167836783
That's not the only one revenant with this name so that may be intentional as well
>>
What's the point of blocking when half the bosses are unblockable?
>>
>>167836871
to block regular enemies you massive autist
>>
>>167836692
Pretty sure it's just the hat.
>>
>>167836915
Oh yeah all six of them.
>>
Do the rebirth books reset the prestige points, too?
>>
Is there a way to tell if you have all the kodamas while in a mission?
>>
>>167836871
They aren't though? Blocking is for emergency saves and normal enemies, also block in this game is stupid anyway - like how i can block a fucking axe with my hands, it doesn't work this way
>>
>>167836950
t. conquered
>>
>>167836915
You mean the ones you can easily stunlock through their whole health bar?
>>
>can't play because wageeslave

just
>>
>>167836871
Get block on gear, get ki recovery while blocking from skills and go mid stance katana.

Have fun blocking more than half of boss attacks without issues
>>
>>167836975
When you collect the last kodama you'll get a message
How the hell you still don't have kodama sense accessory anyway
>>
>>167837010
>do this
>everyone's elemental damage bypasses block anyway
>Muneshige can just swing at me through my block for no reason
>>
File: 1480230454569.png (164KB, 486x432px) Image search: [Google]
1480230454569.png
164KB, 486x432px
>keep getting raped by Museshige or however you spell his name, the samurai guy in the first region
>about to give up because I can't dodge any of his fucking attacks
>try one last time
>start dodging to the right when he attacks
>absolutely destroy him

Holy shit, I'm such an idiot. The whole strategy to that fight is literally just "dodge right" then counter, I can't believe it took me like 20 tries to work that out.
>>
>>167837050
I've barely played. I'm still stuck fighting the second boss. Game is making me feel like a complete shitter desu.
>>
>>167837076
or you could just abuse guardian call talismans and rock
>>
Heavy armour is a meme, kinda reminds me of Dark Souls 3 in that regard where Havel's set was fucking garbage and barely protected you more than the standard knight armour.
>>
>>167837076
hope you have fun against the spear dude.
>>
>>167837142
Good, the cancerous meme "wear a mountain on you and now you're borderline invincible" must die
>>
>>167837068
You can get elemental block as well on gear.
>>
You guys telling me to block Onryoki's attacks but they all deplete my Ki bar on block, what am I missing here?
>>
>>167837190
Then why even have armor in the game if you're going to make it bad on purpose
>>
How far into the game do you have to go to unlock the next ninjutsu dojo mission after the novice one?

I'm sitting on about 30 jutsu skill points with nothing interesting to invest them in yet.
>>
>>167837190
It gets to the point where enemies practically one hit you anyway, or at the very least they hit you so hard that you can't take another hit unless you heal, regardless of whether you're wearing heavy armour or not.

>>167837246
AESTHETICS
>>
>>167837223
No idea. In alpha and to a lesser extent the last chance trial blocking seemed way more effective.
>>
>>167837223
only block his swing try to get behind him if he does the smash shit do some hits and back off.
>>
When lmao2kat mind eye skill unlocks? Those dojo missions come in too slow
>>
Do the passive bonuses in the different weapon skill trees work when you don't use that weapon?
>>
>>167837142
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this, speed always beats everything else
>>
Is heavy armor actually useless? It's making a pretty decent difference for me so far
>>
>>167829574
yea with Ninjutsu + Hand Cannon you can does insane dmg even on bosses.
>>
File: oINDgkH.jpg (28KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
oINDgkH.jpg
28KB, 500x508px
>dat Umi-Bozu side mission
>get to the boss area
>oh shit it's the dual kat Oni
>finally beat him, One eyed cyclop appears
>wew finall-
>raiden tengu fucker
>die
I can only imagine what's worse in the future side missions or even twlight
>>
>>167837412
improvised projectile might be my favorite skill in the game because of the cannon
>>
>>167837398
if you go full strength/stamina probably.
>>
>>167837398
Doesn't being over 70% make blocking more effective? So it's less how heavy your armour is and more how heavy you are that matters.
>>
File: 1478314231426.gif (966KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1478314231426.gif
966KB, 200x150px
>being cheeky as fuck and finishing a boss off with a matchlock headshot
>>
Anyone else getting a lot of connection errors?
>>
>>167837398
The difference in defense between light and heavy armor is minuscule, but you take a huge hit to mobility and ki consumption/regeneration
Light armor is the only viable way to go
>>
>>167812370

NO INVASIONS
it broke new ground!!
>>
How am I supposed to know when Nue is going to go into that double lightning strike? I'm getting him to like 60% and then he instantly rotates and animation cancels himself from getting fucked straight into a two shot lightning strike. It's not the move when he drops 4 of them, atleast he isn't doing the sound or animation for it. I would post a webm if I knew how to make one
>>
>Japanese bunny girl calling an irishman a common drunk
The bants are off the chain.
>>
>>167837619
>Light armor is the only viable way to go
That's disappointing but not unexpected. i wish they'd just stop putting heavy armor in games altogether, they can never actually make it useful without it trivializing the game, so it's either worthless or overpowered.
>>
Does stance have any effect on blocking?

What're the most useful ninjitsus at the start?
>>
>>167837645
>How am I supposed to know when Nue is going to go into that double lightning strike?
He only does it when he regenerates his ki, but the problem with that is that you don't know when he's going to do that
So if you deplete his ki, after hitting him for a combo or two, do careful low stance hit and run attacks to bait out the retaliation ki refresh/lightning bolts.
>>
File: VK21UR1.png (827KB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
VK21UR1.png
827KB, 960x538px
Post Fuku lewds
>>
File: 1445975383791.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1445975383791.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
I wish i could smell the qt blacksmiths smelly sweaty ass after she gets done with the days work after sitting by a hot forge for 8 hours
>>
File: 1461765072061.jpg (11KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1461765072061.jpg
11KB, 300x299px
How much Dexterity do you guys have? I have 40 now and got 37 Jutsu points but it seems not every level gives me more capacity now. Wondering how the scaling works
>>
>>167837895
from what i noticed in the beta, there are soft caps at 10, 20, then only every other/third level gives you stuff all the way up to 60, presumably it keep going til the cap
>>
>>167837736
Literally just had him at like 1 combo off of a death, he had depleted Ki and then just got a jump into falling on his side. I went in for the last combo and he animation canceled off the ground and instantly zapped me. That's just fucking dumb lol
>>
>>167837947
Do you think there is a cap? I want to carry all Ninjutsu stuff.
>>
>>167837950
Stack as much lightning resistance as you can, at least then you won't get killed instantly.
>>
Some of the tracking overheads in this game are bullshit
>>
>>167836174
He gave me a hell of a time until I just used 1 kat + no armor. Then it was a 1 shot.
>>
File: 1480529748282.png (103KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1480529748282.png
103KB, 256x256px
>not taking Isonade as a starter guardian spirit
>>
File: 100Gb of feels.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
100Gb of feels.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
>>167837817
The fact that I found out the blacksmith isn't a fuccboi hurt me the most
>>
The Kelly-Muneshige is easier than the normal Muneshige, right? I mean, he HAS to be, but just in case I gotta ask.
I'm enjoying the game but no boss has beaten me more than once, if at all. Almost regret playing the Alpha+Beta+Last Chance demos because of how much easier they've made this experience seem by comparison.

> 1Kat + Spirit build.
> Tfw Raikiri.
Feels good.

On an unrelated note: Does anyone elses PS4 start sound like a fucking jet engine starting up if they dick about in the Forge too long? I've cleaned the PS4 and it still does it, just to a lesser extent.
>>
>>167838342
mine does that too and its a pro, no idea what thats about
>>
>>167838342
kelly is a fucking shitter, of course he's worse than real deal
you will unlock shiggy mission a bit later if you do side quests
>>
I've asked this three times now, but IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET DIVINE SET ITEMS?!?!?!!?
>>
>>167838342
>The Kelly-Muneshige is easier than the normal Muneshige, right?
Yes, it doesn't spam his fucking bow as much, has noticeable less HP and feels like he has less ki, and there are pillars everywhere
>start sound like a fucking jet engine
yes, the cooling system is fucking shit
>>
>>167838342
>>167838368
Same, everytime I'm around the blacsmith it's noisy as fuck with my pro. Maybe cause it's hot there I guess xp
>>
is 3 kat light armour viable in any way? im really fucking stuck on what to go with
>>
>>167838457
Yes
>>
>>167838457
literally every single weapon in the game is viable
>>
>>167838492
aight thanks. any suggestions on guardian spirits?
>>
>>167838457
go kusarigama dex dump for endless fun
>>
New thread when?
>>
>here have my sword i want you to have it
>still uses it in the next mission
>>
>>167838582
i assume dex dump as in dump all my points into dex?
>>
>>167838628
for the most part

yes
>>
>>167838667
that sound fucking dumb, but in a good way.. im tempted to try that now
>>
>>167838628
weapon scaling goes to shit if you don't keep the scaling stats kind of balanced
>>
I have 20 in Heart and Stamina and 13 in Spirit
Everything else on 5.
Can I keep going like that or are you supposed to have a bit in everything?
>>
>>167838728
>i hate fun:the loadout
how to spot a souls player
>>
>>167838706
true

but the ninjutsu points keep rolling no matter what
>>
File: 1463824861158.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1463824861158.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>167838773
pls don't bully
>>
I'm on 21 heart 16 skill but I feel like I have no health. Is body worth investing in even though I'm not using a spear?
>>
>>167838728
that sounds pretty shit

only melee weapon i use is 1kat and i'm

>body 12 (armour required it)
>heart 13
>stamina 11 (needed it to stay in green weight range for full armour of the west)
>strength 15 (weight, scales with 1kat and gives skill points)
>skill 12
>base dexterity
>11 magic
>13 spirit
>>
>>167838814
i'd always put 10 points in body since those 5 points give much more hp than anything else in body

equipment can start requiring 12 body at points too >>167838824
>>
Any tips for the warrior training dojo mission? I'm getting wrecked by this guy. The other two adept missions were way easier...
>>
>>167838862
body is kind of shit

stamina gives 25 hp per level before it starts diminishing
>>
>>167838862
and by put 10 puts in body i mean put 5 points in it for a total of 10

>>167838870
parry the shit out of him if you're using a weapon with a decent parry
>>
>>167838898
body gives something like 40/40/35/35/30 for the first 5 points and can be required to meet armour stats anyway
>>
>>167838953
its shit

the only point you have is armor requirements
>>
>>167838905
Oh
wait if your weapon indicates a higher parry stat means it's easier to perform a parry?
>>
>>167839012
>the only reason to level it is the main reason to level it on any build but spear focused
you don't say

i have a ton of different armour sets that require 8-12 body.

>>167839113
Parry stat is just how much it reduces Ki drain when blocking attacks.
>>
i don't think you guys quite understand just how much better 1kat gets after you get the teleports behind you low stance ability
>>
WHEW I just found my first mushroom yokai. I was panning my camera during the animation to see if I was getting ambushed and the noise/vibration scared the shit out of me. I basically never get spooked
>>
Is there any reason not to upgrade smithing materials?
>>
>>167839473
no
>>
> All this talk about how Body is mostly shit.
> Have 18/18/18 Body/Heart/Spirit and base everything else.

How soon can I respec?
>>
File: 1485178908275.gif (7KB, 138x218px) Image search: [Google]
1485178908275.gif
7KB, 138x218px
>>167839521
>>167839521
>>167839521

new
>>
>>167839507
straight away, respec book from blacksmith costs 10,000/30,000/100,000/300,000 gold per purchase
>>
>>167839225
This. I've been using low stance for quite a while now & never got bored of heaven flash (up+x)
>>
What does spirit even do?
>>
>>167838416
Yes.
>>
>>167833568
>water boss
>weak to fire
?????????????
>>
Anyone know if it's possible to get the armor Willaim is wearing on the cover in game?
>>
File: 1483712567116.jpg (55KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1483712567116.jpg
55KB, 663x579px
>>167837636
pffffffffffffffft
>>
>>167811336
>Bloodborne/Dark Souls
>original ideas
Berserk rip offs lmao.
Thread posts: 801
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.