[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/twg/ - Total War General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 783
Thread images: 184

File: arse.jpg (10KB, 149x177px) Image search: [Google]
arse.jpg
10KB, 149x177px
Interesting Town Names edition

>FAQs and General Info
http://pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
http://pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE [Embed]

Time Commanders is back and it was never as good as decisive battles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LGm2ZN7W4 [Embed]

Mods -- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- http://store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by anon):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Old thread: >>164852726
>>
M E M E L
>>
>[Embed] thread
>>
Reposting.

Is there a point in getting archers as WE?

As Orion you get dirt cheap Wild Riders and with a bit of effort you can have them recruited with silver upgrades.

They are fast, vanguard, cheap to get and maintain and get really great with hero skills directed for them.
>>
I got curious as to how much better Demigryphs are than Reiksguard, so I did a bit of preliminary testing. In all 3 tests, the army composition was 1 lord and 2 units, with the lord mounted but with no abilities. These tests should not be considered conclusive, and are not entirely indicitive of how they would perform under normal circumstances. In the next day or two, I'm planning on playing an Empire campaign (ultra unit size) and bringing 2 units of both Reiksguard and Demigryph knights in 2 armies. One buffed for Reiksguard, one buffed for Demigryphs. I'm not including Halberd Demigryphs because they fill a different role (anti-large cav) than either of the two units in question (shock cavalry). If there is anything I should keep in mind going forward, please bring it to my attention. And yes, this is all pre-typed.
>>
GET OUT ME 'EAD
>>
File: Demigryph Stats.jpg (225KB, 490x573px) Image search: [Google]
Demigryph Stats.jpg
225KB, 490x573px
>>164916882
The first thing I would like to bring up is the cost of the units in question, and how much one would get for the price tag. In custom battles, Reiksguard are 1200 points and Demigryph Knights are 1500 points. In the grand campaign, Reiksguard have an upkeep of 300 gold per turn (gpt), and Demigryph Knights have an upkeep of 375 gpt. At this point, it can be determined that Reiksguard are cheaper than Demigryph Knights. However, Demigryph Knights have better stats across the board (pic related, and next pic for comparison) without any tech, charge bonus (CB), health (HP), and unit size excepting. At a glance, Demigryphs are objectively superior. For the sake of being thorough, the first test consisted of an Empire General on a barded warhorse with no abilities, and 2 Reiksguard/Demigryph Knights charging into each other and watching who walked away. Neither group had promotions. 5 trials were run on normal battle difficulty, on subterranean maps to avoid hills. with the following results:
1. Attacking Demigryphs, 3 losses
2. Attacking Demigryphs, 5 losses
3. Attacking Demigryphs, 8 losses
4. Defending Demigryphs, 1 loss
5. Defending Demigryphs, 6 losses
The determining factor in how many Demigryphs are taken down was whether or not the AI tried to counter charge the Demis. The Reiksguard have a slightly better CB, but the AI would often try to avoid or soften the Demigryph charge, which resulted in worse damage to the Reiksguard. To summarize; Reiksguard cannot beat Demigryph Knights in a straight fight, and if Reiksguard must face them, it is better to charge than to eat a charge. Nothing we didn't already know, so we're going into a more important test.
>>
File: Reiksguard Stats.jpg (218KB, 488x572px) Image search: [Google]
Reiksguard Stats.jpg
218KB, 488x572px
>>164916976
For the second test, an Empire Lord on a barded warhorse, one unit of Reiksguard, and one unit of Demigryph Knights will be charging unarmored enemies (four units of Orc Boys, led by a Night Goblin Warboss on a Squig). This test will be conducted to see how many kills each unit will rack up. 3 tests as attackers, 3 tests as defenders with unskilled lords for all 6 tests, which will take place on the "Glacial Lake" land battle map. Demigryphs will be referred to as DK, and Reiksguard will be referred to as RG.
1.RG 192, DK 168. RG in better condition, both cycled.
2.RG 182, DK 227. DK in better condition, DK cycled.
3.RG 107, DK 235. RG/DK about even, RG cycled.
4.RG 89, DK 162. DK in better condition, both cycled.
5.RG 107, DK 56. DK in better condition, DK cycled.
6.RG 56, DK 154. RG in better condition, RG cycled.
The results got me curious, so I tried a 7th battle where neither unit was cycled on attack.
7.RG 113, DK 167. DK in better condition
I admit that my inexperience in handling cavalry may have affected the results, but I believe that the test can still return convincing results. As a side note, the Night Goblin Warboss on a squig will usually outclass the Empire General(barded warhorse), as in all 7 trials the Warboss beat the General soundly, and a potion of toughness had to be employed to hold the Warboss in place long enough to prevent him from skewing results.
>>
>>164916805
Do you want archers or not?

>>164916882
Yes Demigryphs shit on Reiksguard. I hate Demigryphs.

Halber Demigryphs are still probably better shock cav than Reiksguard.
>>
>>164917054
For the third test, a similar army composition to the second test will be deployed against a necromancer and two grave guards. This will be testing the Reiksguard and Demigryph Knights against armored targets, as Black Orcs killed the Reiksguard and the general dying to the Night Goblin Warboss would then cause the Demigryph units to rout. Other than the change in targets, this test is similar to the second test in all regards (but without the potion, since the Necromancer can't beat the General, and only 2 units of Grave Guard). In an attempt to ensure similar conditions, the trails will not include cycle charging, since it skewed results in the second test. I may revisit the second and third preliminary tests at the end of campaign testing, or if I find someone willing to apply their experience in cav management to test what's better at killing defenseless gobbos/zombies.
1.RG 33, DK 75
2.RG 44, DK 94
3.RG 29, DK 78
4.RG 57, DK 57
5.RG 59, DK 135
6.RG 35, DK 123
Trial 4 is an outlier, since the Demigryph Knights hit the edge of the Grave Guard, so they didn't have more than 8 Knights actually swinging at once. To summarize the results of this test: AP units are better at killing armored targets than units that aren't AP. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>164916297
I'll ask this again in the new thread.
>>164916509
I'll bear both of those in mind, but I don't think I've played enough Attila to be ready for an overhaul.
>>
>>164917126
So to conclude preliminary testing: the Demigryph Knights appear to be all around better than Reiksguard, but there's a shot that Reiksguard are more cost efficient than Demigryph Knights against Greenskins and Vampire Cunts (however distant), so I will go ahead with the Grand Campaign testing. I plan on using mods, but nothing that will directly impact the stats or performance of the units in question. However, I'll list them so somebody can point out whether or not I've overlooked something.
10 building slots - All Province Capitals
All Tabletop Lords
Better Camera Mod
Building the Empire
Extra Lord Levels Look, I just don't want to spend 50 turns leveling up two dudes when I only need them for their red tree.
Imperial Foot Sue me, but I don't trust Swordsmen late game, and a Greatsword line is asking to get raped by missiles.
Imperial Taxes and Technology
Mogar's Militias
I'm willing to admit that I may or may not be a shitter, but that's why I posted the list of mods I'm using. If there's anything I should add in or take out, I'm open to suggestions, but I'm hesitant to mess with combat stats with mods. Should I grab anything to deal with Welves, or just deal with them early/mid game instead of Sylvania? I like the Reiksguard in lore, and I want them to be relevant as more than a stepping stone towards Demigryphs, which is why I started testing to begin with.
>>
>>164916882
I wonder which are better at dealing with low tier infantry, Reiksgaurd have more numbers and armor piercing is not needed against such units.

But demi cause fear or terror, but I alsways find them lackluster as a hammer.
>>
File: rush.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rush.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
>>164915994
>>164916472
whole heartedly agree
>>
>>164916976
>>164917054
>>164917126
>>164917185
I didn't read all that stuff you just wrote, but reiksgard are better as a traditional shock cav unit vs infantry, as their charge bonus + number of models means that they deliver more damage vs infantry when charging, which is the role they should be used in instead of what you seem to have done in just having them straight up engage an enemy unit
>>
File: 20170108050610_1.jpg (639KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108050610_1.jpg
639KB, 1920x1080px
Can you wait with charging or will they instantly spot you?
>>
>>164917107
I've noticed that halberd demigryphs have less survivability than normal demigryph knights, and the lack of a shield makes them susceptible to missile fire. They also have less charge bonus, so the damage on initial charge almost evens out because of the unit size difference.

>>164917431
The charge bonus and increased damage of the demigryph knights sets the charge in favor of the demigryphs, from what I can tell. The reiksguard sent more people flying, but the demigryphs killed more people in the charge. The demigryphs are also faster, so they can get where they need to be quicker.
>>
>>164917176

I haven't found many mods for Attila I'd really like to use except these.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685074988
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685074741

Those 2 are skill tree overhauls but it can be pretty unbalanced. I made my own version of it to make it less OP. I hated the vanilla Attila skill trees and found them incredibly boring.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=537669776

Garrisons in Attila are pretty much non existent so this mod helps with that. Forces you to do actual battles instead of auto resolving every settlement fight. There's a 2x version and others, too.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619994867

Not really a mod but shows some hidden unit stats like rate of fire on archers.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604078278

Fixes the items that are supposed to give +X unit experience on recruit so they now actually do something. Can be seen as OP but units lose XP very quickly on defeat on Attila so it evens out.
>>
>>164917107
>Do you want archers or not?
Question is, why get them...

Playing with Orion and grabbing all important tech so far have left me in a position where I can get 9 units recruited on global, Wild Riders take one turn and are under 100g to maintain + my second army guy has 19 Wild Riders in his army for ZERO maintaining cost due to his position on the council.They are great on all fields and they don't have ammo issues.

Literally, why have archers when you can catch up to any unit with Wild Riders + movement bonus.

I just use a few fire arrows archers to fuck over regen and that's like 2-3 per army.
>>
>>164917574
Why do you not try with the mid that makes all units lords, so that you have replicatable results??

Just have a demi as a Lord vs different unit types, and do the same for the RG.
>>
File: 20170107210227_1.jpg (483KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107210227_1.jpg
483KB, 1920x1080px
>>164916714
>talking shit about [Embed] threads
>>
>>164917642
>to fuck over regen
There you go then.

The question of why get them is something only you can answer. Yeah sure all wild riders is probably adequate. Go nuts. Unless you want archers as well. Then get some archers.
>>
File: 20170105005002_1.jpg (757KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170105005002_1.jpg
757KB, 1920x1080px
dance-off, bro!
>>
File: Untitled.png (140KB, 303x331px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
140KB, 303x331px
>>
>>164917881

I made the thread m8
>>
>>164917725
I'm not sure what modifiers having a unit as a lord give (for example, the "lord is nearby" morale buff), so I didn't want to risk it. I tested both units at the same time at first so one could serve as an anvil for the unit that was cycle charging, but I realized that I had forgotten how to efficiently cycle charge, as the results for the second test may or may not show. Which is why I'm doing a campaign, to try and get a wider sample size.
>>
Warhammer trivia

>Who originally had the Warhammer the setting is named after?

>Name several Chaos deities

>How did the Ogres come to worship their god?

>Why would the Empire's current form of religion be considered heresy by Sigmar?

>Which of the Greenskin races are the most backstabbing?

>What great city did Arkhan raze?

>Who taught the Dwarfs runemagic?

>What is the biggest and only Elven city that allows non-Elfs?

>How far do the Skaven tunnels stretch, and where do they not go?

>Which species inhabited the primordial Warhammer planet before the Old Ones arrived?

>What is the special relationship between Dwarfs, Elfs, Giants, Halflings, Humans, and Ogres?

>How did the Chaos Dwarfs help found the Empire?
>>
>>164917890
I think you're missing the point. It's bad game design if you can spam a powerful until, have low cost of maintaining and just swarm over everything with a few waves of charge.

Having to mix and match your army would be better. HAVING TO, being forced to do so.

As a side note, having just WR armies and charging with some micro is fuuun as fuck.
>>
>>164917996
I needed an excuse to post my funny screenshot
>>
>>164917642
That sounds really fucking boring. Wild Riders are a cool unit, but I like to see my eagles fucking people up, and my treeman smashing in the face of some poor enemy lord. I like seeing the hail of magic arrows pelting into the enemy from a mile away out of the edge of the forest. I feel like unless you're doing some sort of challenge run, only going for the most cost effective unit really drains some of the fun out of Total War games.
>>
File: 20170107210410_1.jpg (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107210410_1.jpg
487KB, 1920x1080px
I sure wish the gaijin had given us bayonets right about now
>>
>>164918076
What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>164918097
What stops you just using tagmata cav in atilla or oathsworn in Rome 2.

You can spam any elite unit in any total war game and win, because the ai never spends that much money on an army.

Chaos is the worst for it just spam Chosen, that is all the mid - end game is and nothing at all can stop you.
>>
File: 1474226295529.png (174KB, 645x894px) Image search: [Google]
1474226295529.png
174KB, 645x894px
>all those dead cultures and languages from antiquity never to come back.

Now everyone's either Romance or Arab.
>>
File: IMG_0124.jpg (236KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0124.jpg
236KB, 1440x900px
G O B L I N S
>>
>>164918381
I could ask you the same thing considering your response
>>
>>164918097
It's inescapable game design, enough synergies for enough things exist that there will always be one thing you can spam over others that will be more effective than other options. In singleplayer.

In multiplayer unit price doesn't get fucked with so that's fine.
>>
>>164918076
>>>/tg/warhammer
>>
alright folks, beginning an all-traditional fots campaign with the aizu, anything I should know?

I have already conquered the province you start out at war with, but I'm thinking of doubling back north to capture the buddhist shrine province just north of your capital for the charge bonus
>>
>>164918398
>no sci-fi galaxy colonization, where each colony ship is mindwiped and instead indoctrinated with a dead culture for each planet
>>
how do you disengage cavalry without suffering major losses? you get a deep charge and they end up getting stuck in and cant disengage without taking a lot of damage
>>
>>164918825
>ywn live on the alani planet, ridding your steed through the great plains of grass covering the surface whilst talking to your lover in an indo-european language before making sweet love under the stars

feels bad man
>>
>>164919018
I wonder why people like the Alani so much.
Is it that they're the only non-malevolent horsefuckers?
>>
>>164918076
>Sigmar
>Tzeench, Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Malal, Great Horned Rat
>They got hungry
>He doesn't want to be worshipped?
>Night Goblins?
>Khemri? I don't know
>Grungni?
>I don't remember much about the High Elves
>Skaven?
>Old Ones, the most generic fucking name in fantasy
>I don't know
>Can't remember

I only answered this because it's 4am and I can't sleep.
>>
Who would win?
Hannibal or Ceaser?
>>
>>164917480
>100 bestigors per regiment
>15 minotaurs per regiment
>gay chevron mod

is this some gay radious mod fuck off idiot
>>
movin to this thread then

Should I play Napoopan or Empire? Also what mods to get?
>>
File: 20170107212907_1.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107212907_1.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
Is this just the difficulty I'm on or what, because this is ridiculous
I didn't even have a chance
>>
File: 1478107144452.png (293KB, 748x539px) Image search: [Google]
1478107144452.png
293KB, 748x539px
>>164919485
Play the better of two games.
>>
>>164919629
Which would be?
>>
>>164919709

fall of the samurai
>>
File: 1437954445490.png (151KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1437954445490.png
151KB, 449x442px
>>164919762
>>
>>164918825
I'm imagining space colonisation where each country gets their own planet and we get New Constantinople and each culture blossoms in their own world.

Harsh reality is the only colonies will be from nations that can afford space flight and have the right launch sites to do it from. I can't wait to visit New New York!
>>
>>164919547
fots I find its way better to turtle for a while and just research stuff and try not to get involved in any wars. You can get a decent warchest up, have way better stuff than your enemies, and they waste gold upgrading stuff for you to just come in and take it. if you wait like 20 turns or so, they all have upgraded the fortress pretty nicely and it saves you a bunch of money.

also navies are the most important thing in this game, lone bombarding ships will absolutely wreck your economy and trade routes, so always try to get a good blockade going and never choose the american mission when you aren't right next to it and can defend it.
>>
>>164919396
Nah, it's SFO with skulls for chevron

No need to get mad
>>
>>164919709
The image I posted.
>>
is the last roman fun
>>
>>164920068
I haven't played it but Roman horde sounds fun.
And your character is based. If you can stand being a cuck.
>>
Would a Witcher: Total War work well? Several established regions and factions with a Hun like invasion from the South endgame.
>>
File: street.jpg (243KB, 1144x1040px) Image search: [Google]
street.jpg
243KB, 1144x1040px
>>164918825
Heh, I've always imagined a planet dominated by the Greco-Roman culture.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 782x73px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 782x73px
Has anyone done this?
>>
>>164920203

>If you can stand being a cuck

t. Procopius
>>
>>164920582
It would be a pretty small faction roster, and a lot of embellishment would be needed unit wise.
>>
>>164920582

There arent that many factions to play as and it would feel just like Medieval 2 but with some mages here and there
>>
>>164920035
and mods?
>>
>>164920068
Roman hordes are fun, but you have to be everywhere at once if you want to complete all the objectives
>>
File: 1477927741300.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477927741300.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>164920619
Playing Unreal Tournament has gotten Space-Egyptians into my head far before ancient aliens and stuff. So that's my top pick.

Space-oriental is pretty cool too.

I had a dream once, It was this cool binary planet system, I caught a ferry straight up into the air and landed on the other planet.
Landed in this gargantuan palace with 100 meter tall jade pillars and shit. Got met at the imperial spacedock by the Empress herself, who apparently I knew.
She was some 11/10 half-asian dealio.
She practically dragged me into the bedroom.
I told her to slow the fuck down so I could look around and appreciate the architecture, which I did so until I woke up.
>>
>>164920746
>>164920892
Monsters, Skellige, Nilfgaard, The Northern Kingdoms, Kovir & Poviss, Dol Blathanna, Mahakam, Wild Hunt invasions?
>>
I'm a warhammer baby about to start R2
What am I in for lads?
>>
>>164921330
Far less satisfying cavalry.
Far more satisfying infantry.
Romans.

Who are you going to play?
>>
>>164921330
A shit UI
>>
>>164921330
>>
>>164921330

Building choices actually mattering instead of 'do i make money or units here'

PIKES

Romans and carthage dying by turn 30
>>
File: 1379436987839.jpg (139KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
1379436987839.jpg
139KB, 677x782px
>>164916543
Anyone got the Attila roll chart? I want to play Warhammer but the broken Wood Elves just take all the fun out of it
>>
how did the 'skaven are just a myth' meme come about?
>>
File: c45.jpg (34KB, 640x874px) Image search: [Google]
c45.jpg
34KB, 640x874px
>play syracuse
>carthage declares on me turn 1
>>
>>164920960
>girl begging for sex
>would rather go look at culture and cool buildings and shit
sounds like we have a true understander right here
>>
>>164921330
>>164921406
>>164921513
I personally find the cavalry much more satisfying in Rome 2, but the cav in Rome 1 is exponentially more satisfying than that even.
Infantry thing is correct
One of the coolest timeframes
>PIKES
This cannot be overstated, pikes are ridiculous

Since you haven't played the old TW games, you're in for a treat with this one
>>
BRETONNIA WHEN?

How much longer until I can slay knaves in the name of the Lady?
>>
File: tg membership test.jpg (97KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
tg membership test.jpg
97KB, 750x600px
>>164920960

tfw you pass /tg/ membership test ...
>>
>>164921930
The fact that they're not in the game at all, and often don't show up for long periods in the history of the world despite pretty much being the ultimate evil if Chaos didn't get death-avoiding mary sues.

The lore explanation is that they send rat ninjas and shit to kill witnesses and burn records and all sorts of shit to forget that they exist.

So it's a bit of a theme of their lore. But obviously those tactics are more reasonable against humans, stunties are always getting their shit stomped by rats so they obviously don't forget the Skaven exist.

So it's a half lore half developer meme.
>>
>>164921932
You're gonna need more mirrors for this
>>
>>164921513
Building taxes aren't all that thrilling anon. Even in Attila its just a spreadsheet of make the numbers net +. Once you do arithmetic or google its just a starcraft build order. Always suprised me how -1 squalor lead to bubonic plauge after a turn.
>>
SKAVEN WHEN?
literally the coolest faction second only to Tomb Kangz
>>
>>164921406
I want to burn down carthage and become Pharoh as a roman.
>>
>>164922597
>implying man-sized rats are a real thing

jesus man, I knew peasants were retarded, but this is brettonian-level stupidity. Get your shit together citizen - what are you an averlander?
>>
>>164922597
Second to KANGZ and Frogs.
>>
File: 20170108052221_1.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108052221_1.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>vandals
>>
File: chargebonus.jpg (521KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chargebonus.jpg
521KB, 1920x1080px
these guys any good?

>>164923408
Oh man I really hated that campaign. Get ready for the ai to turn up the heat seeking doomstacks to 11
>>
Are there any mods that add more provinces to either Empire or Napoleon?
That is by far the biggest downfall of either game. Much more so Empire though.
>>
>>164923614
Yari Ki are pretty fast shock cav that will kill enemy cav too. I use them and can't find a reason not to.
>>
File: cannonyounot.jpg (490KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cannonyounot.jpg
490KB, 1920x1080px
>>164923614
>this fucking comp
>>
>>164923857
>attacking
Have fun bucko
>>
File: results.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
results.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
>>164923902
didn't cap post battle screen, but here are the results

wooden cannons are shite
>>
>>164924542
Line infantry and hella cannons and you took that few losses?
How is that even possible? Did your cav do most of the work or what?
>>
>>164924709
>raining
>cav push flanks and hit cannons, cause ai to reform line and attempt to counter cav
>yari kachi frontline advances during this confusion
>enemy barely gets any time to shoot thanks to rapid advance
>cav memes all over unsupported line infantry
>levy spears shove their big peasant yari down general's throat
>>
File: WE0LSfp.jpg (590KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WE0LSfp.jpg
590KB, 1920x1080px
>set up pikeman to block a street
>dudes just press up against a wall and slip past it
I don't know how the AI can do these things but fuck up in other fucking rudimentary ways
>>
File: it_aint_me.jpg (596KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
it_aint_me.jpg
596KB, 1920x1080px
been a bit since I posted screenshots.
>>
File: we_got_im_ladz.jpg (507KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
we_got_im_ladz.jpg
507KB, 1920x1080px
>>164925045
>>
>>164925018
you need to go wider - typically the game will let you drag a formation as wide as possible before freaking out - you need to make the formation as wide as the game lets you
>>
File: I_believe.jpg (508KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I_believe.jpg
508KB, 1920x1080px
>>164925181
I keep forgetting to turn off my recording software.
>>
>autoresolve a battle
>heroic victory
jesus christ why would I ever NOT pick this?
>>
File: removepeepee.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
removepeepee.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>164925339
>>
File: remove_poopoo.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
remove_poopoo.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
>>164925487
>>
File: 20161224202705_1.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161224202705_1.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>164925339
thanks for the new wallpaper, have my best doom diver screen as a meager trade.
>>
File: fuck_walls.jpg (393KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_walls.jpg
393KB, 1920x1080px
>>164925647
This is what happens when I can't wait for siege towers to be built.
>>
File: poppoppop_watchingobbosdrop.jpg (412KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
poppoppop_watchingobbosdrop.jpg
412KB, 1920x1080px
>>164925827
>>164925820
ty, saved. sorry about the framerate counter.
>>
>Dei 1.2
>playing as new Persian faction
>going to invade parthava send agent to cause rebellions
>parthava keeps gifting me more and more money

You can't buy me off. That won't save you.
>>
>>164926015
oh thats also a nice one, and no worries I can edit it out pretty easily.
>>
>>164925827
Why do you need to take down walls when your soldiers can create ladders out of nothing on the spot and your general can take down a gate? Sounds like unnecessary money spent on repa-
oh wait.
>>
File: 20161205220351_1.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161205220351_1.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
post people getting rekt
>>
>>164926015
I triple your framerate and im on really good settings but screenshots are hot garbage. Everytime.
>>
File: coward.jpg (623KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
coward.jpg
623KB, 1920x1080px
>>164926105
I bought cannons and sat on my ass for two turns for them. I'm using them.

>"Save me, Gobbo archers!!"
>>
File: gritsnik_makes_a_decision.jpg (412KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gritsnik_makes_a_decision.jpg
412KB, 1920x1080px
>Gritsnik, realizing da scrap wasn't going the goblins way, turns on his fellows in the hopes tha the crazed Stunties don't notice.
>>
>>164925827
>taking back rightful dawi clay
>greenskins forcing you to break down beautiful dawi walls to get inside

strike a grudge, add a grudge, the cycle never ends
>>
File: ouch.jpg (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>164926229
>>
volley guns or rocket blasters for empire armies?
>>
>>164926105
Because using ladders makes your troops Exhausted. Beyond that, they get up top piecemeal. The two factors combined means that even Chosen can take casualties from low tier infantry, and if the walls are defended by elite troops, you're taking massive losses or even failing to make headway.

Never use ladders. Either do what >>164925827 does or wait for the siege equipment, because it's almost never worth it to use ladders.
>>
>>164926774
depends on who you're facing. Helstorm Rocket batteries are probably better.

But a volley gun is better against chaos and dwarves.
>>
>>164926774
Rockets can't hit shit and quickly becomes a liability to protect rather than an asset to win. Volley guns at least rip through armored shit, better against infantry.
>>
File: chargebonusintensifies.jpg (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chargebonusintensifies.jpg
452KB, 1920x1080px
Is there such a thing as too much charge bonus?
>>
File: 20160930195318_1.jpg (753KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160930195318_1.jpg
753KB, 1920x1080px
>>164926229
>>
File: 2017.01.08-15.08.jpg (471KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017.01.08-15.08.jpg
471KB, 1440x900px
>want to play on higher difficulty but with battle difficulty turned down to normal
>find out morale bonus AI gets can't be controlled by battle difficulty setting
What the fuck is CA thinking?
Should I just man up and play on very hard battle difficulty? How much difference does it make anyway?
>>
>>164926774
4 hellstorm rockets make all sieges extremely easy, and are fun to watch, and can really really burn those tree lovers in athel loren, as well as doing a decent job of thinning out some vampire infantry, but hellblasters can ruin anything it can shoot 2 volleys at.
>>
>>164927124
very hard battle difficulty is what is used on legendary campaign difficulty
>>
>>164927238
I know. I want to play VH/N but can't because for some stupid reason AI morale bonus is tied to campaign difficulty. Why is it like this, it doesn't make any sense.
>>
why doesn't total war have realistic movement ranges. it shouldn't take 5 months to sail from one end of japan to the other in a steamship.
>>
>>164924709
It's levy infantry and canons that have like 5 ammo and deal no damage. Sneeze in their general direction and they'll break
>>
>>164927672
That sounds like fun. Let's siege a city for 10 years too.
>>
>>164927763
But that happens though. Ottomans sieged a Venetian fortress on Crete for 25 years.
>>
>>164927931
>venetian
That was rightful templar clay
>>
>>164927424
It is bugged at the moment.
Battle difficulty slider just doesn't function.
>>
Just stomped the eye for an eye campaign, getting ready to start the Season of Revelation, any advice I should take transitioning from beast-men to wood elves? So far it looks like there's a lot of other wood elf factions, which makes me think diplomacy is going to be difficult, and the whole amber resource thing is going to be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>164927931
You asked: "why doesn't total war have realistic movement ranges?"

I gave you a sarcastic answer insinuating that waiting so long for anything to be accomplished would lead to a stale game experience. I really hated replacing all my generals half way through early/mid/late game phases.
>>
>>164928040
Ranged units are goat, you can kite the ai pretty easily with your wild riders, glade guard are fine if you're tree hitler. Every time you upgrade the oak multiple beastmen stacks spawn.
>>
>>164928025
>crete
You're thinking of the knights of st john
>>
>>164928040
amber isn't a problem in season of revelation, as the buildings don't take up amber unlike in the grand campaign
>>
>>164928127
but I want movement ranges to be larger, that has nothing to do with sieges, and it would only make things go faster wouldn't it? it makes no sense that an army can't travel across italy in a year in rome 2, like the movement ranges make things so much slower and stale.
>>
>>164928040
That many wood elf neighbours is really annoying. The campaign in general is really annoying.

DO NOT UPGRADE THE OAK OF AGES
until you are very confident in your strength.

The first 10-20 turns can be 'hard', you want to build an army of generic frontline(dryads or eternal guard), just enough to hold the enemy, and pour the rest into glade guard.
Beat enemies by focus firing on the battle map.

Get like three settlements or so. Do not build any recruitment buildings. Build the big money making building, and the wine building that multiplies the money making building in adjacent provinces.
Once you have three of each you're respectably on your way towards infinite money and you just blitz the rest of the map and do what you want.
Expanding outside of Athel Loren is relatively pointless, and the +relationship techs will help you farm amber from the brets if you really need it. Though you don't really need any amber for anything except the oak of ages.
Then just blitz through the Oak of ages(might have to genocide the main beastmen faction a few times inbetween to get the next stage to trigger) and do the silver spire battle and you're done. Said battle has you kill morghur, who has 99% physical resistance for 60 seconds followed by 20 seconds of invulnerability.
I just had my main army handle the adds while durthu and three other trees smacked morghur around.

All in all it's really tedious and not very fun.
>>
>>164928490
The movement is about as balanced in regards for gameplay as is possible. If you could sail across nippon in one turn, then as soon as you become faction leader every single enemy would land two doomstacks on your capital.
>>
>>164928490
Because talking stacks to the other side of the campaign map can't be too easy.

Game mechanics are usually more important.
>>
>>164928490
It's about balance and giving the player and AI time and the ability to react to incoming enemies. Otherwise you could just waltz around enemies and take undefended provinces. The game is already bad enough with forced march, imagine the ability to move twice as far as that and attack things. CA would need to completely rework the way turns and zones of control work to allow for it
>>
>>164928603
wouldn't that be easy to combat by making an army/navy's zone of control bigger, focusing things more on chokepoints than sieges?

I might be being autistic, but it always annoys me how little I can move my armies around, especially if I have a really nice province developed for producing elite upgraded armies but it takes a decade to move them over the alps. I feel like it would be more fun to have to post armies in chokepoints and maybe have quick reaction armies that can reinforce multiple towns if necessary.
>>
>>164928902
I feel more turns per year settings are more reasonable for the immersion of how long it takes to move things. Zone of control is pretty annoying how it is at the moment.
Going by timescale recruit is another thing that should take a lot longer.
>>
File: before.jpg (499KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
before.jpg
499KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>164929087
why do you think zone of control is annoying?
my only problem is how annoying it can be to try to attack what you want in them, and feel like an attack move should ignore zones of control, because if you are walking past an army to attack one "behind" it, you are having the disadvantage of having the reinforcing army come in behind you.

I feel like any problems with zone of control being bigger could be solved by just having the reinforcing army come in later depending on the distance it was from the battle in the campaign map, so if it was at the very edge of the map, you wouldn't get the reinforcements for 10 minutes or so.
>>
File: after.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
after.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
>>164929168
& after
>>
>>164928127
Im another guy
>>
File: Campaign_brt_loading.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Campaign_brt_loading.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.
>>
File: Brets.jpg (541KB, 1920x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Brets.jpg
541KB, 1920x1296px
>>164929774
>one more month
I NEED IT NOW
I NEED TO FIGHT FOR ZE LADY
>>
>>164929295
I kept rejecting the foreign powers and now I don't get events what do
>>
So was anon just lying about there being a mod that fixes Wood Elf confederation? When asked for the name he never replied.
>>
>>164930250
Search the workshop for confederation
>>
File: kms.gif (3MB, 293x361px) Image search: [Google]
kms.gif
3MB, 293x361px
>>164929774

tfw when Brettonian conscripts get charged by a bunch of Gors:

>no weapon
>no helmet
>no armor
cuz cheapskate Knight of Brettonia provides only shields
>>
>>164930273
I see one for disabling wood elf confederation but he also mentioned they would be more defensive.
>>
File: stabby_stabby.jpg (648KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stabby_stabby.jpg
648KB, 1920x1080px
>mfw it's stabby time
>>
>>164931005
Why don't you stab yourself if you like it so much.
>>
Why do I love Durthu so much?
>>
>>164930161
Idk if you get unlimited events, my first time in fots i rejected the nation I wanted and then eventually got another
>>
>>164930373
I've used that mod and it hamstrings them real nice. Each faction tends to build one stack each and sit around their city. They'll take one or two settlements from the Brets, that's about it.
>>
File: 364360_20161213200806_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
364360_20161213200806_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>164931312
Why do I love Durthu so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Durthu isn't just the best genocidal maniac in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest mass murderer of all time.
Just imaging him rampaging through Bretonnia, the wind in his foliage, his mighty roots below him.
As he massacres through the Grey Mountains, the Dwarfs wet themselves in panic.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Black Craig under the the name of "Dwarf-away"
The very nature of Durthu is genocide.
Could he be playing a bloodier game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as morals and ethics, and has free will to kill whatever he sees fit.
However, Durthu is filled with such hatred, such endless madness that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Durthu is not one that is easily healed.
Durthu is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to kill within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Durthu is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true killing and madness.
Observe his vengeful smile, his blood-drenched branches, his burning harted, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of topaz, provide the only glimpse into the true madness of Durthu. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone dead in the attempt.
Durthu is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that makes the Warhammer world grimdark.
Without Durthu, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it would still be alive.
Dwarfs would stop dying without Durthu, Bretonnia would become a land of wealth and freedom, and trees would burn without his mad gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Durthu so much.
>>
any mods to make the enemy AI more agressive in warhammer? they never attack unless they have a 3/4 power balance in their favor.
>>
>>164931951
Thank you, Dahnald. Thank you.
>>
if they do a total war: victoria as the next historical, how do you want them to do the map, I'd like to see a pretty detailed map of the world, and the british empire starts at its peak, and a bunch of factions start off as rebel "hordes" with the goal of taking back the country from British influence.
>>
>>164931951
out-fucking-standing anon
>>
any dawi got grombrindal codes?
>>
File: best_kind_of_dwarf.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
best_kind_of_dwarf.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>164932523
>>
File: 20170102235739_1.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170102235739_1.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>164926229
oh fug
>>
File: fuck up every time.jpg (148KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
fuck up every time.jpg
148KB, 500x364px
>go to war with dwarfs
>4 full stacks with lvl 25 legendary lords appear out of the fog and start destroying my shit

God, this is fucking infuriating and it happens every time no matter what race you play as

This time I'm greenskins and it's not even turn 100 but they have 3 doomstacks running around with 2 ally stacks, this is fucking ridiculous, it's ruining my campaign
>>
What is the best way to counter chaos hounds and direwolves and such?
>>
if I get this right
spear units are mostly good for defending
axe units are good for killing
sword units are good for waste of space?
>>
>>164933854

what game?

axes > swords > spears > cavalry > axes, in terms of melee units
>>
>>164933938
attila
>>
>>164934056

yea, you pretty much got it right then, swords and axes can be interchangeable as they do generally the same role but you don't wanna put your swords vs their axes
>>
>>164933854
Mostly depends on a units stats honestly.

But pretty much Spears are your anti cav and can hold a line with the right abilities/if they have shield wall.

But they fall apart to swords who are your bulk all around good infantry units. They who you want for your main line as they can handle anyhting iwht the right support. (unless they're Nordic Band in which case just don't.)

Stuff like Axes or two handed weapons are great for killing power and breaking strong armor/defense units. But they generally lack armor or shields so they eat shit to ranged fire.
>>
>>164933602
Ranged attacks. They have no armour.
>>
>>164933854
If you're referring to Warhammer, no. It's much more simple.

>anything with anti-large is good at killing horses and up
>anything without it is good at killing infantry and characters

Attila, however, is correct.

>axes have high attack and armor piercing damage, but typically lower defensive stats, intended to be super aggressive
>swords have respectable damage and typically much higher defensive stats, typically a jack of all trades unit
>spears are almost purely defensive with huge armour and shields, intended to stand still and take hits
>>
>>164933602
Either ranged units or anything with decent armor. I've found sword units do good enough against them.
>>
>>164933602
Ranged or any dedicated melee unit
>>
Is there a mod that has playable kislev yet?
>>
>>164935005
Yes, but you don't want it.

Please, trust me. Do not try to find it.
>>
>>164934880
Sword units are usually those with impulse javelins and are often the elites though
>>
how the FUCK do you deal with Epirus as Rome in DeI 1.2
>>
>>164926638
can you explain the grudge meme
i dont know anything about warhammer
>>
>>164935282
but after your gothic warband throws those javelins they kind of suck with their no ap damage
>>
File: 1478310237688.jpg (20KB, 185x182px) Image search: [Google]
1478310237688.jpg
20KB, 185x182px
>>164935513
>Gothic warband
>suck
>>
>>164929774
>>164930007
why did games workshop kill best nation, bros?
>tfw cant even buy any more brettonians for collection's sake
>>
>>164935576
I dunno man. I'll never forgive them for their kangslaying.
>>
>>164935282
Yes, but they still don't kill stuff as fast as axes do. Only the super top tier, like Godansmen or Sahnegohrim, have comparable AP damage.
>>
as chaos, is it any idea to awaken the tribes or is it gonna start a norscan tribes circle jerk?
>>
File: implying.gif (822KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
822KB, 500x399px
>>164935513
>>
>>164936161
You spend a few turns exterminating and then awakening the Baersonlings in order to unlock Sigvald, but beyond that it sadly isn't worth the time and effort. You're better served by allying with the Skaeling and helping them conquer the entirety of Norsca.
>>
File: fap pssshhh.gif (1023KB, 245x370px) Image search: [Google]
fap pssshhh.gif
1023KB, 245x370px
>Total War AI cheats incessantly
>Doesn't even try to hide it; almost flaunting it at times
>Try to point this out
>Total War fanboys will either try to pretend that it doesn't happen or that a handful of pros the games have completely make up for numerous shortcomings
>Sega and Creative Assembly release buggy games
>Patch them up to a point
>Stop patching them shortly after new release
>Previous title still has bugs and glitches unaddressed
>Support has now moved completely off of broken title to give limited support for a new title until the next release
>Total War fans will defend this
>>
File: 9wyT2u3[1].jpg (514KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
9wyT2u3[1].jpg
514KB, 1680x1050px
Do these tower do anything? Because they aren't.
>>
>>164937141
Every AI cheats you mongrel. There is nothing to defend.
>>
>>164937175
They only fire when you have a unit standing in the control zone on the wall directly behind the tower in question. It's why you always load up the wall with as many bodies as physically possible, to keep the towers firing for as long as you can.
>>
>>164937284
Are they cannons or just handguns?
>>
>>164937175
They should yeah, right now some of the siege maps are bugged and the towers wont shoot for some reason.
>>
>>164937317

It depends on the settlement.

Minor settlement with walls and Prov Cap with no wall building - basic arrows
Level 1 walls - something stronger
Level 2 - even stronger
Level 3 - strongest, usually AOE too
>>
>>164921684
They really do need to do something about them. The confederation shit is a joke and every game turns into Welf vs The World if they don't somehow get smothered in the crib.
>>
>>164918298
>he doesnt use gook's mod
>>
>>164919913
why not americans?
>>
File: KCF.png (209KB, 604x339px) Image search: [Google]
KCF.png
209KB, 604x339px
>>164923241
You doubt me sir? I'm a humble man from the heart of Ostland and a sergeant as seasoned as they come, I seen 'em.
>>
>>164935005
Should I post the bears?
>>
>>164937643
Kruber only served in Ostland, he's from Ubersreik.
>>
>>164937870
Fuuuuck.

I took his stripes at face value.
>>
>>164937141
As the other anon said, AI always cheats, except when it doesn't and is piss easy. Just look up the bonuses other games give AI on various difficulties. It's the same deal with Total War. Personally, I play hard or very hard campaign and normal battles.
>>
File: 20170108023459_1.jpg (521KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108023459_1.jpg
521KB, 1920x1080px
>welfs confederate the other welfs in a 1-2-3 turn punch
>>
>>164937995
Yeah, Bardin asks him about it in game. It's just where he gets PTSD and becomes an alcoholic from watching his entire regiment get killed by a necromancer after heroically holding the line. One of his men gave their life to push Kruber out of the way.
>>
>>164935513
Lol
>>
File: 1468094789994.jpg (2MB, 3248x5584px) Image search: [Google]
1468094789994.jpg
2MB, 3248x5584px
>>164921684
Rollan
>>
>>164921684
There's a mod to fix it though
>>
>>164938620
pls save me from this Dei campaign and give me Tanukis or something fun
>>
File: 34330_20170107212850_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
34330_20170107212850_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>164918298
But they have! they're actually in the game but never used
>>
>>164938652
People keep saying that but nobody posts a link. Starting to suspect it's as fake as these rumours about man sized ratmen
>>
>>164938241
durthu and orion comin for you next, boy
>>
>>164918076
That's Warhammer relevant but not Total War: Warhammer relevant, please go back to >>>/tg/
>>
>>164926774
Helstorms against low armoured factions like Greenskins and Elves, Helblaster against higly armoured units.
>>
File: WUMkDlT[1].png (585KB, 989x553px) Image search: [Google]
WUMkDlT[1].png
585KB, 989x553px
>>164938737
>>
>>164938620
Rerollan. Just did a migration campaign
>>
>>164938737
I think this is the one.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=828985686&searchtext=wood+campaign
>>
How come more than 1v1 stack army battles aren't fun?
>>
>>164939131
god damn it
>>
File: b7eoi0i[1].jpg (452KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
b7eoi0i[1].jpg
452KB, 1680x1050px
So these guys are sort of limited in their play area right? You're nto really suppose to leave eight peaks?
>>
>>164939408
Well it's more you need to get to eight peaks and keep it to remove that +50% upkeep.

But you can either ignore that or once you have eight peaks just go off and do what ever.
>>
>>164938713
MODS
O
D
S
>>
>>164938620
As if I have balls to play romes, give me something else
>>
>>164939227
because the game is balanced for 1vs1
>>
File: MAKIN ME ANGRY-1.jpg (83KB, 162x331px) Image search: [Google]
MAKIN ME ANGRY-1.jpg
83KB, 162x331px
>Gibbons Archers
>>
File: 34330_20170107205842_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
34330_20170107205842_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>164939705
Y E S
E
S
>>
>>164939227
To much micro, and units don't hold formation.

I miss the battle lines of Rome and Attila when I play Warhammer.
>>
>>164939947
every time I play attila Im afraid that my general will drop dead to random arrow
>>
File: 325610_20161229112454_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
325610_20161229112454_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>who the fuck is this guy lmao
>iunno some italian fuccboi
>>
>>164939227
Armies are too big and you can't manage it all without having to play on slow mo or with pausing.

Plus given how the campaign AI likes to work/build armies, it's generally either vastly outnumbering you or made up of bad/cheesy unit spam because it wont attack unless the auto resolve is in it's favor. Which generally means the fight is going to be bullshit and you're better off just not playing it out because you wont win.
>>
File: 1483130531281.jpg (115KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483130531281.jpg
115KB, 1024x1024px
who else ~wish TW shitpacker was never made~ here?
>>
File: 1437782188001.jpg (75KB, 564x714px) Image search: [Google]
1437782188001.jpg
75KB, 564x714px
Any tips for a Chaos campaign?
Are there some must-have mods?
Should I destroy all Norscan tribes or awaken them as my vassals?
Marauders are garbage units, so did I do right by going straight for Chaos Warriors?

I already tried one, but it came bullshit very quickly. Not in terms of difficulty, but anti-fun to play.
>>
>>164940491
>but it came bullshit very quickly. Not in terms of difficulty, but anti-fun to play.

I'm so sorry anon but that doesn't really go away...

As for mods, Chaos Divided is the only major chaos mod out.
>>
>>164938620
Oh yeah
>>
>>164940491
>Any tips for a Chaos campaign?

don't do one

>Are there some must-have mods?

chaos divided if you wanna break up the monotony

>Should I destroy all Norscan tribes or awaken them as my vassals?

awakening is more trouble than its worth, just help skaeling OR varg in destroying the other and ally with the survivor.

>Marauders are garbage units, so did I do right by going straight for Chaos Warriors?

no, warriors and chosen cost too much. use marauders until you have many 10s of thousands.

>but anti-fun to play

play something else. you will feel the same for the majority of this campaign.
>>
>>164940491
>Any tips for a Chaos campaign?
Wait until the Old World edition and hope that CA makes the campaign fun

>Are there some must-have mods?
Growth Technology
Better Chaos campaign LITE
Chaos Rifts spread corruption
Chaos Cosmetics

>Should I destroy all Norscan tribes or awaken them as my vassals?
I'd just ignore them but if you want to rampage through Norsca then try to get one giant awakened tribe instead of more smaller ones (they'll eventually wage war against another)

>Marauders are garbage units, so did I do right by going straight for Chaos Warriors?
Yes, demolish the Marauder building so you get the Chaos Warriors building earlier
>>
Can high quality rigs run R2 with say, 4 fullstacks on the field?

I have a crap toaster, and with everything lowered to the absolute bottom it lags like a mother fucker if there more than 2 full stacks.
>>
>>164940773
Yeah, it drops frames for me, but it's still playable just fine.
TW games are incredibly CPU intensive due to the high unit numbers, so investing in an i7 is definitely worth considering.
>>
>Instant quest battles

I should have installed this months ago (if it was even out by then) these terrible ministeps of moving an agent half way across the world and then get an alliance with a faction that is no longer on the map was infuriating.

>>164940491
How is it anti-fun, it's your regular horde gameplay.

>>164940654
>Better Chaos campaign LITE

I somehow can't find this mod, what does it do?
>>
Am I missing something or is navy in attila supposed to replenish 1% per turn?
>>
>>164941345
They replenish less in contested waters and more in controlled waters and ports.
>>
mod for less ugly arrow trails in Attila where
I know you can turn it off but then it's impossible to see them at all.
shoulda just been like Shogun 2s desu
>>
>>164941316
It's just plain old boring. There is nothing interesting about it. Beastmen at least have a few interesting gimmicks.
>>
>>164941490
Honestly they should put in a slider so you can control how thick the trails are.
>>
>>164941490
>shoulda just been like Shogun 2s desu
You just described every TW game post-Shogun 2
>>
File: Bretonnia_gun.jpg (959KB, 1766x1233px) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnia_gun.jpg
959KB, 1766x1233px
L'ordonnance du roi ready an waiting, monsieur!
>>
>>164941316
>Less frustrating Chaos Campaign LITE
My mistake, that's the actual name!

>more recruitment slots with every level of the main horde building
>raze growth bonus for all hordes
>better unit replenishment
>>
>>164919906
>Harsh reality is the only colonies will be from nations that can afford space flight
Look at the bright side, the space Europeans won't have to deal with space Africans blaming them for their colony's failure.
>>
So miners with blasting charges are kind of OP
>>
>>164942057
Africans will be the easy labour hired for the colonies that no one wants to do or immigrants seeking a better life in the quite literal new world.
>>
File: Bretonnia_u_wot_mate.png (63KB, 153x157px) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnia_u_wot_mate.png
63KB, 153x157px
>2017
>still no Bretonnia
>>
Do any modding pros here know what file I should edit with pack file manager if I wanna increase the amount of gold the AI gets from its starting settlement?
>>
File: FmH0WgF[1].jpg (464KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
FmH0WgF[1].jpg
464KB, 1680x1050px
So much Dwarfen blood to settle one grudge. Was it worth it?

I guess I know why the Dwarfs are dying off now
>>
Vampire Counts is literally the best campaign. You cannot refute this.
>>
>>164943578
>2 quarrelers combined got fewer kills than any one of the other 3

that could have swung it more in your favor m8
>>
>>164941783
>Foot Knights
>Canons
>Crossbows

So why were they removed again?
>>
>>164944021
So they can be NotEmpire
>>
>>164944021
Too similar to Empire I guess.
>>
>>164938620
les go lads
>>
How shit are warhounds in Attila?
>>
>>164944426

someone post it
>>
Is there a mod that just reskins Tilea/Estalia/BP without adding new units?
>>
>>164944021
It's really odd how they removed crossbows considering Bretonnia is every French stereotype turned up to one-hundred. It's like the most French ranged weapon imaginable after the musket. It would also fit better with the theme of Bretonnian peasants being really low-tier troops since crossbows require way less practice than a longbow.
>>
>>164944597
Yeah, but a crossbow is way harder to manufactur. Don't Bret peasants have to provide their own weaponry? That's where a bow seems like the better option.
>>
>>164943923
They always get tied up by orc wolf riders or spider riders or whatever
>>
>>164921684

Not reading the rest of the thread. Steel Faith updated yesterday and claims to lower Wood Elf aggression, while increasing aggressiveness of other factions that were previously too passive.
>>
File: bruh.png (331KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
331KB, 411x411px
>>164943578
How the fuck?
>>
File: Bretonnia_Galleon.jpg (19KB, 366x374px) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnia_Galleon.jpg
19KB, 366x374px
>>164944021
Interestingly enough they have Galleon's in TWWH.
So I guess Bretonnians are okay with using cannons on the sea but not on land.
>>
Best battle voice-over advisor?

Attila for me. When an enemy general dies, I can't help but mimic his delivery of, "The enemy general is dead! EXCELLENT!". He sounds so excited.
>>
>>164945214
Shogun 2. That engrish is grorious
>>
File: Shameful.png (220KB, 394x865px) Image search: [Google]
Shameful.png
220KB, 394x865px
>>164945214
Shogun 2
>>
>>164945214
I like the german Shogun 2 advisor
>>
>>164945432
I'm german, but haven't played a video game in german in about 10 years.
The translations and voice acting are just horrible most of the time.
>>
>>164945515
Its kind of sad that I have to agree
older games had such great voice acting but now voice actors cant even pronounce english words correctly
>>
>>164945723
I remember that the old Stronghold games had great voices. Also Dawn of War 1.

Nowadays the written text is often awkward to read, because they choose weird words and the voice acting sounds like they read a text off a sheet without knowing any context.
>>
>>164945979
True and don't forget that these days they can't make up their mind whether to translate a word or to use the English one. So sometimes you end up with the text being filled with translated and foreign words making it sound quite terrible.
>>
File: 1424426244916.gif (501KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1424426244916.gif
501KB, 300x222px
STUFF when? We slowly enter the craving-cycle we had before the wood elf announcement.
>>
>>164945979
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>164946240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKHOL-EIGCY
>>
File: Lily-livered Advisor.jpg (15KB, 212x204px) Image search: [Google]
Lily-livered Advisor.jpg
15KB, 212x204px
>>164945214

DANG LILY LIVERED COWARDS

YER MEN ARE RUNNIN' SIR!
>>
>>164946568
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXQkPUCd9s
>>
>>164946568
>>164946240
>IMPLYING DoW2 voice acting isnt far superior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhGK4IFOg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWkZuUlBhW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw7X7itUCVo
>>
>>164945515
>>164945723
total war is in general pretty lazy ragarding voice acting. Even the English voices are horrible. they could have done a much better job in the last games
>>
>>164946709
DoW 1 was far more memorable.
>>
>>164946709
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMLfACod48
>>
>>164945979
Yeah
Company of heroes 1 still amazes me with its voice acting to this day but comparing it to the second CoH its like they used people who just started their job

>>164946742
Didnt the german version of TW: WH get pretty much the boot regarding the voice acting?
I recall some guy bitching that only the advisor is synchronised while everybody else still speaks english/whatever language they speak
>>
>>164946742

COME

SIT

SHARE MY FIRE
>>
>>164946901
That's true they cut corners for warhammer
>>
>>164946901
Yep, only the text and the advisor is in german. Even the speeches during quest battles are still in english.
>>
File: 1478800200942.jpg (375KB, 2048x601px) Image search: [Google]
1478800200942.jpg
375KB, 2048x601px
Riddle me this /twg/

Will all the remaining DLC be released with Bretonnia release?
>>
>>164947257
Don't think so.
>>
File: kingdoms 2016-12-19 12-01-51-77.jpg (213KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
kingdoms 2016-12-19 12-01-51-77.jpg
213KB, 1600x900px
>>164947068
>>164947103
What the fuck
How can you even get away with that?
>>
File: 1349011504001.png (126KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1349011504001.png
126KB, 320x240px
>>164946901
>mfw they translated Quest Battle as Aufgabenschlacht

I guess the word "Quest" is hard to translate into german, but still this particular word makes me cringe every time I see it.
>>
>>164947257
I fucking hope not because the wait to hear any news is killing me as it is.
>>
I'm playing attila and I'm fucking bad at this game.

It's not my first total war game, I played rome when it came out but I don't think I won a single campaign (I was like 15-16 and I was really bad at strategy games). I also played Shogun 2 but that game was easier for me because every faction had the same fucking units and start. I always played as the Oda because they remind me of oda nobunaga, I don't know shit about that guy but he is always portrayed as the devil in games for some reason so he must have been one hell of a man.

Now I'm trying to play as the huns and I'm getting my ass kicked. What do you guys usually do first when playing as the huns?
>>
>>164947537
>horse archers
>horses mounted with bowmen
>horses upon which men armed with bows are seated
>horses that carry male humans who are skilled at the usage of a weapon called "bow"
also horse archers
>>
File: 20170108130431_1.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108130431_1.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
Oh, no! /twg/, my king, who grants reduced public order to every settlement I own, has an awful wife and no army seems to have been cornered by my enemy! Whatever can he do?
>>
>>164947537
Heavy melee cavalry is king in Attila, ironically most of the hunnic cav is medium or light.
However, they have some really good spearmen and Uar Warriors are amazing.

Also bring lots of cheap horse archers.
>>
>>164947257
Why had nobody updated that picture with the new lords and lore images and making Grombi colored?
>>
File: 1483880230871.jpg (549KB, 2048x601px) Image search: [Google]
1483880230871.jpg
549KB, 2048x601px
>>164947257
These are released btw
>>
>>164947257
I think there will still be a Empire vs Greenskins LL pack. They're both missing the most units and since there'll be another VC lord I think Greenskins and Empire with 5 LL's would make sense.
Dwarfs and Bretonnia wouldn't fit with 4 and 3 LL's though, but they're not missing anything (after Bretonnia release)

>>164947660
SLAUGHTER THEM ALL, BASED ASSHOLE-KING!
>>
File: kingdoms 2016-12-19 12-02-07-35.jpg (221KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
kingdoms 2016-12-19 12-02-07-35.jpg
221KB, 1600x900px
>>164947457
It really seems that nowadays the translators like to run the text through google translate and form it around abit to make it make a little bit of sense
Historische Schlacht could fit when taking context into account
>>
is warhammer total war fantasy battle only?

will tomb kings be playable? don't give a shit about the tomb kings but i know some people like them a lot
>>
>>164948051
I don't understand the first question, but yeah, Tomb Kings will be playable at some point.
>>
>>164945214
Not the advisor but I gotta some the VA for the units in Warhammer are really impressing me, especially the Dwarfs

>"MOVE THOSE DWARFEN LEGS"
>"RANGE FAST, RANGE FAR"

Really gets my blood pumpin
>>
File: pizza.jpg (31KB, 584x390px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
31KB, 584x390px
What DLC they release with Bretonnia?
>>
>>164948268
I like Azhags voice acting, especially during the quest battles when he talks to the crown.
Too bad he is a shitlord.
>>
>>164948483
>too bad he is a shitlord

What did you mean by this? He's the only Orc I will really play because I know he's just being mind controlled.
>>
>>164948268

The nation calls
>>
SUMMON
>>
>>164948395
Old World Edition

Which isn't a DLC, just a re-release of the game with some shitty ebook or something
>>
>>164948617

ON THE EDGE
>>
>>164948638
Bretonnia is not going to have Regiments of Renown?
>>
File: twwroulette.jpg (356KB, 1120x1274px) Image search: [Google]
twwroulette.jpg
356KB, 1120x1274px
Anyone have any interesting self-imposed challenges? I loved the skarsnik campaign because you are basically forced to use only goblin units.

Maybe could be used in conjunction with pic related.
>>
File: 1422137990379.jpg (1MB, 1894x2654px) Image search: [Google]
1422137990379.jpg
1MB, 1894x2654px
>Conquering the British Isles as the Vikings in Age of Charlememe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqQctrEceU
>>
>>164947648
>>164947779
I figured the Huns would be strong because the game is named after them. Alright I'll spam horse archers. I don't actually have a goal for this campaign, I guess I'll try to get rid of the romans.

Seems like Attila was born, hope he makes things easier for me. Do I have to name him my heir and train him or do I just leave him alone?

I was reading the OP and it says Rome 2 is a casualized version of Total War and Attila is pretty much the same. I can't play Attila for shit.
>>
>>164948395
>>164948638
Old World edition IS the Bretonnia update.

We're not sure what DLC is going to be released alongside them yet.
>>
File: 1457916113580.jpg (127KB, 540x622px) Image search: [Google]
1457916113580.jpg
127KB, 540x622px
>>164948853

>Attila music mods never

On one hand theres that one modder who said he was actually close to making a music mod for Attila on TWG

But I doubt it will happen
>>
>>164948540
To be fair he beats the crap out of Grimgor and most other lords in a 1v1 if you use spirit leech, but I like to have a LL during early game that can tank a lot of damage and also inflict a fair amount and early game Azhag is shit.
>>
>>164940094
Tfw you 8 star General dies when his unit is full strength at the end of a 30 min battle, things ole that make me want to never play again.
>>
File: 20170108144305_1.jpg (771KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108144305_1.jpg
771KB, 1920x1080px
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Are wood elves fun to play? I can only get WE or Beastmen right now and idk which.
>>
DOGS OF WAR WHEN
>>
File: nurglesbeloved.jpg (307KB, 633x926px) Image search: [Google]
nurglesbeloved.jpg
307KB, 633x926px
>>164949862
Papa Nurgle WHEN
>>
>>164949815
I would say that you get more bang for the buck with WE and their mini-campaign isn't a joke like the beastmen one.
>>
>garamantians
>semetic paganism
>wanna expand into roman africa
>do so by raiding, discouraging populace with priests, ruining food stores with spies
>settlements eventually rebel, capture it for myself without any real repercussions from WRE

feels good man
>>
>>164948915
There is no DLC that's going to be released, Old World Edition is a re-release of Warhammer
>>
>>164949815
Do you not have a preference towards either? Do you want to protect Athel Loren and reinvigorate the forests of the realm? Do you want to shit on everything because you're an angry mother fucker?
>>
>>164950617

old world edition is a physical only version of the game that includes all free content including bretonnia.
>>
>>164950617
It's a retail rerelease, just like the Spartan Edition for Rome II. The only part of it that effects us is the FreeLC Bretonnia.

Every FreeLC so far has came with a DLC, so its not unintelligent to assume that there'll be a DLC for this one too.
>>
>>164930007
There is some new vampire troops in this pic.
>>
>>164950437
>>164950628

I guess I'm more inclined towards Beastmen because I actually like Horde factions (except Chaos) and all of their units look really fun. I use Steel Faith too, which supposedly makes the WE AI a little less annoying. The giant angry tree man looks great too though in his own way.
>>
>>164950669
If you already own the game you also get Bretonnia

>>164950697
Except that Bretonnia is being marketed as a WHOOOOOOOOOOLE NEW RACE being released for free. They don't need to release a DLC.
>>
>>164950842
Durthu really does make the Elves in my opinion.
>>
>Nordland invited to war against me
>by fucking Beastmen
I always knew these northern shits are Beastmen in disguise!
They're probably too close to the Chaos Wastes or something
>>
File: 20170108151552_1.jpg (544KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108151552_1.jpg
544KB, 1920x1080px
>>164949815
>>
File: fC6J7T3[1].jpg (449KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fC6J7T3[1].jpg
449KB, 1680x1050px
Will these gunners fire both towers? They have just a few guys in each zone.
>>
So what's the overall most useful Empire artillery, are Helblasters useful yet? I remember them being a major disappointment at release.
>>
>>164951794

Jst like crossbows and handgunners, they're situational.

HB Volley guns: High armour or high unit size enemies, clusters of enemies (dwarfs, chaos, late vamps)

Helstorm rockets: Low armour, spread out units (greenskins, vampires, empire)
>>
does executing or releasing give the enemy less or more troops?
>>
>>164946114
i don't give a fuck until sieges are fixed, or they flesh out multiplayer.

We still can't even chose the fucking weather fuck fucks sake. Just thinking about this game triggers me. Lazy cunts. Just give me the dev too and i'll make seiges great again myself.
>>
>That moment when you get a rubi ring
>As Archaon

Fucking Tzeentch stop trolling me.
>>
>>164950617
Why are they even re-releasing what reason it has only been out 6 months, and its selling point is free DLC you get that anyway. Is it at least a price drop.
>>
Why do the Lords stats get so incredibly bad if you give them their mounts? Volkmar on his mobile hate platform is a worse attacker than a fucking unit of Swordsmen.
>>
Is there any way to play fots comfy? Everyone keeps declaring on me. Constantly harrasing my shores, sieging. I need to constantly expand.
>>
>>164951987
afaik no
>>
File: You'reFucked,FuckedFromBirth.jpg (1MB, 1900x1061px) Image search: [Google]
You'reFucked,FuckedFromBirth.jpg
1MB, 1900x1061px
so I am probably asking the wrong questions but I'm really new to total war. I just got Attila and I like a lot but the prologue only taught me that the huns are scary and that I should run when I see them.

I've started a sassanid campaign on normal because it's supposed to be the easiest but I'm still fucking things up.

1. How do I get influence for my family? I drained it all on keeping these two govenors loyal.

2.can you point me towards a good guide to the units? I've gathered that spears are good against cavalry but what beats spears? How do I counter mounted archers that just run away when I attack?

3.are there any buildings I should be investing in super early or are armies better?

4. How do I get spies?

5. what does a harder difficulty mean?

6. general good advice?

I'm sorry if this is a lot but I want to git gud.
>>
>>164951392
Even if there's one in each of the zones, the towers are still going to fire.
>>
>>164950892
>Except that Bretonnia is being marketed as a WHOOOOOOOOOOLE NEW RACE being released for free. They don't need to release a DLC.

See, that's actually a good argument. Why didn't you say that instead of all the other bullshit before?
>>
>>164952294
You really don't need or want many provinces to begin with in FotS. Too much and you have to have more than 1 stack to defend it, and your coastline will be too long. Remember, with enough investment a single province can make thousands of koku in income a turn. Turtle turtle turtle
>>
>>164952468
>2.can you point me towards a good guide to the units? I've gathered that spears are good against cavalry but what beats spears? How do I counter mounted archers that just run away when I attack?

Swords > Spears
Axes >>> Spears
A high tier spear unit can still beat a low tier sword/axe unit.

Archers and Slingers out-range mounted missile units, so blast em away. Fire arrows are super effective. Light cav can usually catch mounted archers as well.
>>
>>164952740
what about melee cav, I always charge in the cataphracts to take out the archers and then they get pinned by a melee unit.
>>
File: mannfred2.png (148KB, 1286x692px) Image search: [Google]
mannfred2.png
148KB, 1286x692px
>>
>>164952468
>1. How do I get influence for my family? I drained it all on keeping these two govenors loyal.

It's generated passively, over time. What you can do is marry your daughters (if you have any) to those governors, and you will acquire their influence to use, allowing you to secure their loyalty with their own influence by doing it to each other.

>2

Axemen are the 'best' infantry for anti-infantry combat. They have high armour piercing damage and generally good armour and health to go with it. I don't know if the Sassanids can recruit them, however. Mercenaries might be able to be recruited for this role.

Swords are next. While not having as much armour piercing as axemen, they can still get the job done. These 2 units are your backbone and generally what you want to use against any other infantry type. Axemen will beat swords 100% of the time, however. (unless it's a super special variant)

Spearmen are your hold the line infantry while other stuff fucks the enemy up from behind and from the sides. Their purpose is to die so the other men can avenge them.

Pikemen are like spears, except mostly immobile since you wanna keep them standing still and let enemies walk into them.

Cavalry are your anti everything except spears.and pikes. They will just die against them, unless you charge them from every possible angle with multiple units. 3 types of cavalry: ranged, shock and melee. Ranged for highly mobile ranged units that are nigh impossible to chase, shock cav to scare the shit out of enemy morale (requires micro) and melee cav as general fighters.

>3

Honestly can't say, not played sass yet. not a fan of big starts. You might find it overwhelming. Try playing as a british faction if you want an easier time to learn.

>5

AI gets more bonus and is fully "active" instead of inhibited like on normal and easy. Won't do as many dumb things.

>6

Don't declare war on Rome until you are ready for the point of no return. Peace is almost impossible to reach.
>>
are the huns easy to play in attila?
>>
File: 20170108154610_1.jpg (664KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170108154610_1.jpg
664KB, 2560x1440px
POST CARPETS
>>
File: 1483854044584.jpg (26KB, 209x230px) Image search: [Google]
1483854044584.jpg
26KB, 209x230px
>>164952468

1. Put your sons or your faction leader as governors, being a governor gives you a steady rate of influence while being a general idling in a city gives none. The best way to get a huge amount of influence is to keep on winning battles with your family members

2. Swords and Axes beat spears pretty easily. Swords are the jack of all trades while Axes are armor piercing monsters that tear armored units apart but they usually have shitty block chance so archers can tear axes real good.
Best way ive found to counter the horse archers is to get the most defensive units with really good arrow block chance and let them waste their arrows on you

3. Usually depends on the faction you're playing

4. Theres tool tip on the buildings that tell you that

5. Campaign difficulty increases public order penalties and such while battle campaign increase enemy units stats like morale and attack/defense. Its best if you play on Hard/Normal

6. Honestly Attila is abit harder for new players to get used to, Id say play Shogun 2 first but you cant well dont be afraid of failing a campaign, you can always try out the other factions too and watch playthroughs to get good
>>
>seek wife
>fail
>seek wife
>fail
>seek wife
>succeed
>+20% chance of having illegitimate children

not like I want an heir or anything
>>
>>164952993

They're easy if you can micro your horse archers well
>>
>>164952993
No. ERE, Goths, Franks and Himyar are probably the easiest.
>>
>>164952880
Then avoid getting pinned, unless you have some super heavy badasses who's job it is to keep units occupied.

Melee cav are best for fighting over cav. Shock cav are best for anti-infantry because they charge in, deal a fuckton of damage in a few seconds and pull out with minimal losses.
>>
>>164953097

How old was your general?

I feel like theres a hidden mechanic that makes sure old generals dont get waifus at all, or atleast a very tiny chance
>>
>>164953213

my king of kings died (suicided him, post is above :^))

But yeah, 1 son, 2 daughters, son is 31 and I just sought out a new wife. Let's see what happens.
>>
>>164953097
>extort a qt from the Danes in exchange for alliance
>10 years younger than my faction leader, marry her to him
>50 turns later the only child he has is still that illegitimate daughter

What the fuck, I gave that retard the hottest pussy of the northern hemisphere and all he seems to do is fuck horses or whatever.
>>
Doesn't really feel like there's a reason to take a normal Dwarf Lord over a Runelord. I mean, all those abilities?
>>
>>164953664
I guess a Dwarf lord can have some uses on the campaign map with his skill tree, but on the field the Runelord is superior.
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=662116630&searchtext=
or
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576108597&searchtext=
?
>>
>>164952576
idk I just thought it was obvious they were using Grombrindal and Bretonnia as stopgaps while they take a few months off from making new DLC in order to focus on other things
>>
>>164953952

1st one looks much higher quality
>>
>>164952468
>How do I counter mounted archers that just run away when I attack?

Hahahaha
>>
>>164917054
>>164916976
So this is the power of weaponised autism, got any comparisons for Otomo Tercos to samurai
>>
Can you just drop DLC files into your game folder and have it work properly? I don't want to shill out to be able to use Age of Vikings
>>
Matchlock ashigaru
How do I deploy the bambo wall it says they can use?
>>
>>164953952
Sebidees stuff is usually very good, so I'd go with that one.
The other one seems like overallkill, 97 new units is too much.
>>
>>164954436
You have to be defender I think.
>>
someone else captures the city after I lure away and destroy their army
These barbarians have no manners
>>
In Attila, does a governor take part in a battle if his town is under siege? Wondering if things that give +stats to Commanded Force would affect his garrison.
>>
>>164952468
>How do I get influence for my family?
govern towns and win battles

>2
what >>164952740 said
>countering mounted archers
haha LOL

>3
food is important so build farms, public order is important so build things that keep your public order up.
You dont have to get the highest tiers of units straight away so just take it slow and steady with military upgrades.

>4
get the building which allows you to build spies then click the 'recruit agent' button in that province (Should be right next to the 'create a new army' button, if I remember correctly)

>5
ai gets more money, more units and hits harder.
you also lose more public order

>6
dont expand too fast, kill the romans.
>>
>>164952468
Sogdian warriors are pure shit, don't use them.
>>
>>164954642
Yep, it's why you're careful who governs your border towns
>>
>>164949218
Spirit leech is pretty much an 'I win' button against enemy lords.
>>
I'm really surprised people dislike the mechanics of the book of grudges, to be honest. It keeps me moving. Gives me purpose. In other campaigns I sort of lose focus and the book helps with that. It's also nice to flip through it and admire all the grudges you've struck for your dwarfs.
>>
>>164955692
t. Thorgrim
>>
>>164955692
I like it but it's not impactful enough. Having it empty does nothing, having it filled doesn't do enough. It's just a themed way of having generic quests. Plus, you can only really get them from losing something.
>>
File: hopeful.jpg (94KB, 599x623px) Image search: [Google]
hopeful.jpg
94KB, 599x623px
Here's to hoping for no conflicts
>>
File: 20170103222418_1.jpg (102KB, 462x559px) Image search: [Google]
20170103222418_1.jpg
102KB, 462x559px
You're in Constantinople and this guy slaps your walls on the ass. What do you do?
>>
>>164956342
Deploy the Greek fire
>>
>>164919547
What difficulty?
>>
>>164945116
>Steel Faith
If only the guy wasn't a shitter
>>
File: wow so progressive.jpg (39KB, 453x161px) Image search: [Google]
wow so progressive.jpg
39KB, 453x161px
A Nippon as a Jesuit, don't gawk it's 1545
>>
File: 59325823.jpg (308KB, 635x451px) Image search: [Google]
59325823.jpg
308KB, 635x451px
>>164947257

>Will all the remaining DLC be released with Bretonnia release?

No, The Red Duke and Boris require more work than people think. Mousillon less so than Middenland because the latter has it's own units. But even then:

Red Duke/Mousillon would need:
>voice work both for the red duke but for the narrator
>model/animation for the red duke (his current model is obviously a place holder it's just a dismounted blood dragon)
>campaign map re-balance
>quest battles

Boris Toddbringer/Middenland would need:
>voice work for Boris, the narrator and the ulrican units
>ulrican reskins for sigmarite units
>campaign map re-balance
>quest battles

Despite what people think, all of that takes time. And CA isn't just going to blow their load in February and then leave everyone hanging until the sequel comes out.
>>
What are the things you can unlock from finishing campaigns?
>>
>>164957332
You get some lords from finishing the mini campagins
>>
>>164957139
>model/animation for the red duke
Sure thing Wildwood Graveguard
>campaign map re-balance
Not strictly necessary if they don't care too much for balance and Wood Elves imply they don't. And were they to do any work here they'd just do it as part of the Bret update.

>ulrican units
Oh sure, those that exist.
>
>

How are you today Darren?
>>
File: England early campaign.jpg (1MB, 2048x1280px) Image search: [Google]
England early campaign.jpg
1MB, 2048x1280px
Back to old school

>Stainless Steel 6.4 bugfix edition
>England
>Early period

50 more turns til longbows, lads.

I have the isles locked down but without my super unit it's hard to advance quickly.

My best tactic so far has just been to get as much cav as possible and head on charge because cavalry fucking wrecks everything in SS6.4.

Will update as the campaign progresses.
>>
>>164957508
>Oh sure, those that exist

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_of_the_White_Wolf

White wolf is Ulric, that's his symbol

Also anon is right, they're not going to hand out everything in February. It's probably going to be a FLC every month or so until they finally have another Lord vs Lord pack to give us.
>>
Why is CA so quiet?
>>
>>164957508
http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/2012/09/cult-of-ulric-warhammer-pdf-new-fantasy.html

Also GW apparently had a supplement that included Cult of Ulric units
>>
>>164958135
They're always quiet after a DLC
>>
>>164958223

Cult of Ulric is also a mini faction in the beastman campaign so they are clearly on CA's radar.
>>
>>164958123
>>164958223

I hope we'll get Wolf-Kin instead of Flagellants.
>>
>>164958135
So they don't show their cards too early. Get the hype burst right before release.
>>
>>164958123
>>164958223
I am aware of the Ulrican units and fluff. I have zero expectations for CA to add them.

>>164958320
Like everything mini-campaign they're barebones and throwaway.
>>
File: good.jpg (532KB, 1923x1080px) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
532KB, 1923x1080px
Cost me a general but at least I keep a castle and can get one of theirs next turn
>>
>>164957925
if you play as england with real recruitment enabled can you recruit scottish units once you've conquered their settlements? i remember in my scotland campaign you could recruit special longbow units from wales but no english units iirc
>>
>>164958467
>infantry units barely damaged
>general unit at half health and the nigga died
What did you do? Generals are weak as shit in Shogun 2, never use them for combat.
>>
>>164958662
Tried to bait their spearmen out as they had 3 spears 1 bow, where I had 3 bows 1 spear, their bows just stayed their
>>
Tournament going on, search Ninjahund on Twitch. Some good battles so far.
>>
Does trading with people in Attila generate their culture in your land?
>>
>>164938620
>inb4 dlcs
guess i'll just approximate
>>
>>164959283
Culture is just the type of buildings you have
>>
>>164959113
Warhammer could easily be the best total war multiplayer outside of avatar conquest, but balancing 16 factions is never going to happen
>>
Does anyone else actually like the newer TWs more than the older ones? Shogun 2, Attila, and Warhammer for when you want that over the top fantasy feel are all fucking stellar games.
>>
>>164959753

yeah I meant religion
>>
>>164960031
Yeah, mainly because m2 and r1 are more unstable in my experience, and the ai is far more exploitable
>>
>>164960031
no, they're (mostly) good games but they lack the atmosphere and sense of weight the old games had
>>
>>164958592
Yeah senpai, I can recruit highlanders and border horse at the moment!
>>
File: 20160530164747_1.jpg (525KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160530164747_1.jpg
525KB, 1680x1050px
>>164959936

Yeah, it's really tough. They do get to ban factions so it's not like anyone mains an OP build all the way to the top. There have been a couple really close and very exciting games and it's always been skill that has determined the winners.

Only OP thing I've seen so far is cycle-charging flying units in the late-game. There's really no way to stop it and feels like a cheap tactic but hey, that's the game. Supposedly, they're going to fix this in the Bretonnia patch.
>>
>>164960031
Yes. I played R1 and M2 a lot when the only chance to get something different was modding them, but now between Empire, S2 and R2 there's no reason for me to go back, especially because the clunkyness of the old games really gets to me now. I can't stand any of their flaws anymore.

The only thing missing is victoria or something medieval, and the attila mod would be enough.
>>
>>164958135
I guess from tomorrow on they'll get more active again, there was christmas and new year's after all, surely many guys at CA were on vacation.
I'm relatively sure we'll get Grimbrindal this month and a first look at Bretonnia
>>
>>164960534
Examples of flaws?
>>
>>164960504
I think most of the balance problems could be fixed by making all the magic useful (could punish blobs with vortexes even though you can already sort of do it with flock of doom), and adding in equipment/banners for units so you can tailor them to specific situations.
>>
File: JAVELIN MEN.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JAVELIN MEN.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>164926229
>>
Is it possible to raid yourself in Total War: Warhammer? I'm playing a co-op campaign and I took a settlement which I want to give to my friend so I'm trying to instigate a rebellion so it can be conquered and then my friend can conquer it.
>>
>>164961148
Not that lad but the clunky cavalry charges and the pathing in siege battles both obliterate my enthusiasm to revisit M2.

I've just played Rome to death and back and can't handle any more.
>>
one of the dumbest things in medieval 2 was the way that putting unit sizes on anything above normal would make them unable to go on some sections of the walls because there wasn't enough space for the whole unit
>>
>>164960031
>like the newer TWs more than the older ones?
tbqh, yes!
R1 and M2 were really fucking good games back then, but nowadays I can't play them anymore, everything feels old and clunky, lots of unfixed bugs and the horrendous looking UI (not that the new UI is great, but it looks better).
In the first few minutes I even have problems going back to Shogun 2 or Napoleon since many things changed in R2/Attila/Warhams (the worst of all, not being able to move units in formation with the Alt key or drawing their path of movement)
>>
>>164961204
Yes
It's also basically encouraged if you're greenskins, since they get much less of a public order penalty than other factions for raiding their own territory but it still raises fightiness. You do occasionally want actual rebellions to fight as greenskins as well for money, but eh.
>>
>>164961417
don't forget no artillery on walls
>>
>>164961417
>trying to do town battles in Attila and Rome 2 on Ultra size

I wanna fuckin kill myself dude
>>
>>164961148
Like another anon has already said, sieges being fucked up are one of the main parts. Nothing works there and you might as well go drink some coffee after deployment. Agents are either useless or a chore, to the point where some mods outright remove them (like diplomats, a sign of old times, or merchants, a convoluted way to get extra money), diplomacy is beyond retarded, everyone is rebels, major AI factions expand slowly so I have to gimp myself not to steamroll right away (early game in newer games is much more interesting), and most of all, I'm fucking tired of not being able to use half the unit types in the game.
>>
>>164962263
>half the unit types in the game.
What did he mean by this
>>
>>164961520
Thanks lad.
>>
>>164961148
It's a clunky mess.
>>
>>164958223

That's not an official supplement book just an FYI. But Storm of Chaos did add the Knights of the White Wolf.
>>
>>164941783
Those would be cool Regiments of Renown.
>>
>>164942914
when labour is not needed anymore with automation, what will blacks even do?, just be classed as "animals" on the earth reservation?
>>
Taking campaign objectives and the ability to win the campaign away from the AI has made the campaigns pure shit.

All the AI does is send stacks to attack you. Oh wow that sure is fun after 99% auto resolve victory chance against an army of trash units because the AI can't even recruit better units or build an economy or do fucking anything.

This is especially apparent when playing as Chaos or Beastmen and the AI just sends stacks to attack your low strength horde hiding in Norsca. They throw their own defense or even any semblance of self survival out the window.
>>
does anyone know if legend of total war gives a fuck what i think about him? whether i like him or hate him, does he care???
>>
>>164963807
fuck off legend
>>
>>164963679
yep
>>
>>164963679
yep
>>
>>164963807
the only tw tuber worth something is turin
>>
>>164964143
What about Volound?
>>
>>164963807
>He calls himself an edgy cunt
>behaves like a 13 year old
sub-bogan, seriously.

>>164964143
Hi turin
>>
>>164964143
I've never heard of this lad before and I just checked him out for the first time
>video thumbnails
dropped
>>
File: attila 2017-01-06 16-58-38-21.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-06 16-58-38-21.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
>>164947660
Remember, you are a KANG
USE PRIESTS AT ALL COSTS
>>
Tried out Warhammer mp but it keeps crashing for some reason. Is there any general fix for that?
>>
File: 1476613577355.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476613577355.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>164964143
MilkandCookies is decent but well versed in the Warhams universe so he actually knows shit about it.

Heir is good for some dad humor, and watching someone who is knowledgeable about TW but not good at it (he admits this himself). Doesn't take himself too seriously.

THFE more of an armature historian than TW player

Turin is bestest MP tuber, wish he would sho a few more losses

Zerkovich has some nice tutorials but thats his best content by far.
>>
Deader than ded
>>
>>164964578
your dad
>>
Playing Divide et Impera, not the 1.2 but the steam version which I suspect is outdated a bit and holy fuck, what the fuck is wrong with the supply line system when it comes to fleets? I mean, I can travel with relative ease to the city in the middle of the desert by walking yet I can't pass a fucking strait of water with my army that is not even a turn away of one of my cities (and still in home waters) without suffering from attrition? Kind of make the entire point of using boat to transport armies useless unless its a tiny ass body of water and even then I'm not sure you can embark and land on the same turn. Is it even relied to the supply system or its just some kind of counter-intuitive nerfing mechanic to prevent rapid expansionism?

As a side note, beyond that specific problem I find the mod amazing, the slower pace promote diplomacy, the higher income & way bigger garrisons make it so that conquering a city is way more complex since you're insured to fight a superior force unless you use some kind of tactics like what I did to conquer Mascat as Saba, they had about 2 soldier for each of my own (alas take into consideration that the majority of my troops were basic arabian archer spear levies while they had a huge variation of troops with a general with 2 identical elite units by its side) so I decided to build fortifications on the limit of the reinforcement limit of their city and next turn they took the bait, and holy damn was it a great battle. ~3000 vs ~6000, in the end I lost my a sword strike as the only enemies unit left were his elite general units that routed the last of my defenders but it was a pyrrhic victory for them as I had massacred his entire army and I had a supply army marching in direction of the city about a turn behind the main army, so by the time I reached the city it was a child play to simply conquer it. To be honest for nearly the entire fight I was sure I was going to loose, t'was intense
>>
>>164964249
never heard of him
>red alert 2 campaigns
muh dik
>>
File: 1478340737956.png (1MB, 1920x3025px) Image search: [Google]
1478340737956.png
1MB, 1920x3025px
>>164964708
Don't worry, those supply lanes are pure authenticity. Enjoy the realism.
>>
>>164964578
Go back to /v/, kid
>>
>>164964942
You are making me angry
You better watch your f*cking mouth
>>
>>164964249
fuck off cosmic no one likes you
>>
>>164951085

War makes for strange bedfellow
>>
File: 20170108185202_1.jpg (814KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108185202_1.jpg
814KB, 1920x1080px
I will gladly take this autoresolve before I fight a 6 army battle.
>>
Hey lads, never played these games before but they look really fun. I was wondering what games in the series you think are must-buy/play.

I was thinking Warhammer (since it's the newest) and Napoleon (since I have a special interest in the time period)
>>
>>164965134
Play it for fun and then autoresolve if you really have to
>>
>dangerously low integrity
>decimate army
>replenish them all next turn

what a pointless mechanic
>>
>>164965134
>Not fighting a 6-army battle.
>Not wanting to see thousands of men fight to the death.
>>
File: shitting pats.jpg (510KB, 1923x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shitting pats.jpg
510KB, 1923x1080px
So Ito just got swallowed, how long do I have before shizmau declares war on me, and what army comp should I have
>>164965334
It's really just replenishment that needs to be fixed
>>
File: kingdoms 2015-06-16 22-36-53-52.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kingdoms 2015-06-16 22-36-53-52.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
>>164965252
Make sure to mod, mod, mod whatever you choose, except Shogun 2 and Napoleon
>>
>>164965252
warhammer is the simplest game, little to no thought required on settlement and empire management, its all about army development and battles

if you can tolerate the fantasy then its excellent if you want battles

shogun 2: fall of the samurai expansion is something you'd be interested in, better than napoleon but a bit more intimidating.
>>
>Shogun 2 starts doing the occasional crash in battles thing again.

FUCK
>>
>>164965731
How, Shogun is the only game for me that doesn't crash even on max with mods
>>
>>164965852
No idea. It's totally random, as in it doesn't happen every battle.

It might have something to do with sound or whatever, because when it happens there are a lot of sounds going on.
>>
>want to do all traditional unit fots campaign
>game automatically updates my general to use revolvers

why
>>
>>164950697
it is unintelligent because CA said wood elves were the last paid dlc
>>
>>164966005
>he doesn't use the no revolvers mod
>laughing shekels .jpg
>>
>>164966005
What? Isn't that at a certain level of research? Just don't let your tech level increase.
>>
>>164966295
but then how would i make money anon
>>
>>164966634
>I am playing a traditional campaign
>but not really

You got revolvers because you are not playing traditional. Fucking baka traitor. Tom Cruise is disappointed in you.
>>
File: wut do.jpg (617KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wut do.jpg
617KB, 1924x1080px
So they have this 20 stack, then a 4 sidestack, whereas my main army is just 9 guys, and then I have some scattered garrisons.
How best to beat them?
>>
>>164967036
Who is Tom Cruise anyways? Instead of following the Bushido code he is following some scientology bs.
>>
>>164967036
>only building traditional units
>not traditional

uh
>>
Heh, Empire campaigns can really take off if you get rid of the Woodelfs before you expand too much. Everything was said and done by turn 139, didn't even get to fight Volkmars quest battles.

Bjoernlings are making a fool of the Dwarfs though, the AI can't handle its own bullshit apparently.
>>
>>164967560
Sabotage them with a ninja while you group your forces together and recruit a few more units. They'll probably go for your capital.
>>
File: 20170108172544_1.jpg (176KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170108172544_1.jpg
176KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>164967628
if you have the infrastructure to support superior troop quality but continue using lower tier troops you're just larping
>>
File: 20170108172655_1.jpg (249KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170108172655_1.jpg
249KB, 1366x768px
>>164967814
>>
>>164967628
What kind of gay fucking campaign is that? You half baked shitter.

>>164967613
Yeah, he really should have settled down and became a Samurai. Then he could have kicked Steven Seagal's ass
>>
File: 20170108172640_1.jpg (188KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170108172640_1.jpg
188KB, 1366x768px
>>164967974
>>
File: 20170108183212_1.jpg (456KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108183212_1.jpg
456KB, 1920x1080px
>ya'll can handle this on your own I'm sure
>>
>>164968109
>have to avoid modernization points to limit tech tree
>there are techs that automatically increase modernization
>you cannot tell the game to stop researching
>if the other techs have been researched the game will automatically research the ones that increase modernization

its not like I was building railroads and coal mines everywhere baka, the filthy gaijin have infiltrated despite my best efforts
>>
File: 20170108183551_1.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108183551_1.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
he's actually trying to chase down a skirmisher cav that doesn't have any ammo

the absolute madman
>>
File: 1476862365314.jpg (212KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476862365314.jpg
212KB, 854x1280px
>>164968394
There's like three techs you can get and then if you never increase modernization past that you won't unlock the next tier and research will stop.
>>
File: 1478542541118s.jpg (3KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1478542541118s.jpg
3KB, 124x124px
>>164968345
>>164968656
Jesus haven't played any total wars apart from warhams and it shits over them in map design. Will historicals ever recover?
>>
File: the maze, dolores.jpg (178KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
the maze, dolores.jpg
178KB, 1024x576px
>>164916543
Sorry for bad quality but i got excited. Why you don't send light infantry against Spartan pikes.
>>
File: 1481121907573.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1481121907573.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>164969160
>>
File: (You).png (494KB, 509x590px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
494KB, 509x590px
@164969160
>>
>>164966060
>the last paid dlc
they said it's the last BIG dlc for this game
>>
Is Norsca a playable table top faction?
I'm just curious if they have their own units and what not as a playable faction in tabletop. I kinda want them to be a playable faction in the campaign.
>>
>>164969076
there any way to go back a development level?
>>
>>164966060

>CA said wood elves were the last paid dlc

Citation please.

Actually, lets just skip that step because we both know you're full of shit and that they said nothing to that effect.
>>
Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on Rome 2 and Warhammer.
I have been playing total war games since medieval 1, I loved Medieval 1, Rome 1, hated empire (dont like guns) loved medieval 2 and shogun 2, but Rome 2 which I was so looking forward to and Warhammer which I was also excited about I struggle to play for more than a few turns.
Why ? Because I build my army up, go to fight someone, and get smashed because the AI has a full stack plus a full garrison Vs my full stack, and i get slaughtered usually close to 2 to 1.
Perfect example, last night I started up and Empire VH campaign in Warhammer, took the first town and defeated the separatists. Then I went to take the second town, his full stack camped the town, so I went and attacked, I got wrecked. so I reloaded the save, and sat just outside his border for 10 turns waiting for him to leave the town.
I got bored saved the game and have not been back since.
Am I just bad at the game? Am I missing something, I had an orc campaign which I played through to like 150 something turns. It was great fun, but the only time I could take towns early in the game was using the wargh armies, because then I had 2 armies on a town instead of just one.
>>
>>164969160
i-it's just a b-bad example
history >>>> memehammer, I swear!
>>
File: herro.jpg (83KB, 746x269px) Image search: [Google]
herro.jpg
83KB, 746x269px
>>
Horde factions punished too hard for losing?
It feels like, with multiple garrisons, walls, and a much more stable economy, that playing a settlement-based factions is much much easier then a horde one.
lose a fight with a horde, you will be followed until dead.
if you lose an army, you lose all your tech, all your banked growth, and your units. That is many, many turns and battles to win to come back from that.
if you lose as a settlement-based faction... whatever, build a new one in 6 turns maximum. If you own just one province you need to lose 3 garrisons and an army to match a single army loss of a horde faction.
>>
File: Xbawks2.png (199KB, 853x241px) Image search: [Google]
Xbawks2.png
199KB, 853x241px
>>164969645
>>
>>164969645
>ching chong house vs ping pong flower
>>
>>164969596
What difficulty are you playing on? This doesn't sound typical. With Total War the worst can happen and you can just get wrecked by an errant stack if you misjudged the size of the challenge. That said, you can reduce the risk of running into a trap with more scouting by agents. Also, in Warhammer, you can try luring the army away from the garrison with raiding. Or simply try building two stacks if they're just happy to sit there.
>>
>>164969645
arr rook rike
>>
File: 1101750512_400.jpg (55KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
1101750512_400.jpg
55KB, 400x527px
>>164969283
>historicucks STILL this upset that CA decided to dump all their resources into a fantasy franchise and it paid off.

Now waiting for the Warring States/Three Kingdoms announcement and 2017 will be the year of tears.
>>
>>164969717
Yeah but hordes are either overpowered bullshit (chaos) or have sneaky nonsense and pick when they fight (poo horses). They aren't suppose to be on equal footing really. I mean would beastmen really be able to match the production and stability of the empire and dwarves ? Of course not. But when Franz is out fighting other humans you can drop by and give his towns women a nice big beastly DICK.
>>
>>164969931
cant afford 2 stacks, it was on VH, i was making 50 gold a turn, with only about 1000 in the bank, that was with a full stack and 1 general in my other town trying to scare off raiders.
it wasnt a trap, i need to take the towns but his full stack plus the large garrison was too much for me.
>>
>>164970018

>wanting CA to go anywhere near the three kingdom era when the engine can barely support armies in the 10 of thousand

Until we get an engine that can support over 100k troops, then you won't be getting a three kingdom game, without the massive armies it would only feel like a pale comparison to the epic battles of these times. It would be like tidal waves of chinks crushing into one another
>>
Now that the dust has settled, is Warhammer really dumbed compared to other Total Wars or is this meme just part of the butthurt historyfag agenda?
>>
>>164970110
Gameplay mechanics, starting a new horde outside first 20 turns is a fucking nightmare and absolutely necessary in order to get anywhere.

Losing armies is really not a big deal for territorial factions shit I had a GS campaign where i threw a lot of them away and rebuilt them as sacrificial fodder (which only takes 3 turns).

Hordes need to something to keep the infrastructure around so you can use hordes more liberally, like a horde or something.
>>
>>164970372
The campaign map is extremely simplistic compared to Attila
>>
>>164969448
Norsca are a playable tabletop faction but they don't have an official army book in 8th same as Chaos Dwarfs. They have rules in the warriors of chaos army book though. This is a run down of Norscan units:

>Characters
Wulfrik the Wanderer (character assassin, gets a special unit from his flying longship)

>Units
Marauders with hw and shields
Marauders with Flails
Marauders with two hw
Marauder Horsemen hw and shield/javelins
Marauder Horsemen flails and javelins
Chaos Trolls
War Mammoth (Forge World)
Ice trolls
Chimera
Cockatrice
>>
>>164970372

there's no real effort to the management, the politics is borderline non existent, city sieges are a fucking joke, "tech trees" are complete trash
>>
>>164970587
The armor piercing skirmisher cav fucked my Demigryphs up big time when I didnt pay attention to them for a second. Fuck Norsca shits.
>>
>>164970446
The way you are using the word horde better describes orcs and is more literal. The way CA uses horde means an army stack that takes buildings with it. I don't know why you want them to be the same as non horde factions honestly.
>>
>>164969717

A horde strength do not lies in the number of troops it hold, but in its mobility and lack of static hold. Also never take upon someone you know is stronger than you unless you have an escape route, even better wait until the given nation or whatnot is distracted by something then attack the cities that are the farthest from the frontline.

Technically, the reasons horde were such a pain in the arse historically is simply because you couldn't just walk to their capital and crush all resistance like how it is with sedentary nations, it is actually easier to conquer a civilized nation because you know that whoever has the authority around WILL stay to defend the nation unless he is a cowardly fool, this become a bit more complex when the capital itself of the nation is a bunch of caravan traveling all over the place
>>
File: 1482839736447.jpg (124KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1482839736447.jpg
124KB, 882x731px
>>164970364
Are you serious nigger? The size of CAs armies has NEVER touched on reality, maybe the closest being shogun. Read about any battle in the Roman era. Or the period Empire is set in. They have never done the battles justice.
>>
>>164970372
no memes here, the campaign depth is dumbed down to the bare minimum, and what little functionallity was not axed respecting previous titles, has been piecemealed between the factions
>>
>>164970587
>>164970862
>>164971053
>>164970110
Responding to reddit-bait
You cucks sure feel smart don't you now
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5mjdwp/why_i_struggle/
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5mfa85/horde_factions_punished_too_hard_for_losing/
>>
>>164970372
The battles have more depth but campaign is simplistic
>>
>>164971065

When did I even touched the subject of realism in total war game, nigger? OR said anything close to my opinion on the realism of other total war games? At least bother to read the fucking post you answer to you shitposting jackass unless of making groundless assumption simply to move the goalpost.

Jesus Christ, reading comprehension is too much for some peoples I suppose
>>
>>164945137
She's the lady of the lake, not the sea.
>>
>>164971453
>Going to reddit
You sure feel smart don't you now
>>
Can anyone tell me how the fuck I can move/get my units into formation faster in WH? Click dragging is too slow.
>>
File: 1474313747234.jpg (21KB, 312x345px) Image search: [Google]
1474313747234.jpg
21KB, 312x345px
>>164971453
>htttps://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>164971453
sorry forgot name
>>
>>164971453

I don't understand the point of your post

Are you talking against reddit yet linking reddit threads at the same time? that the opinions of some guys on some thread somehow valide or invalide whatever the fuck you're trying to point out in the first place?
>>
>Doing beastmen mini campaign on VH
>Turn about 150~
>Finally raze the last Cult of Ulric settlement
>Pass turn since I can't move
>Suddenly three full stacks of Middenheim right beside me
>Run away
>Last stack catches me
>It's fucking Boris Todbringer
>Balance bar doesn't give me any chances
>Play it out
>Manage to scrape out a win, got Boris with some centigors
>Pyrrhic Victory, but victory nonethele-
>Campaign Victory
>Huh?

Well I guess that's that. I only needed to kill the bald bastard then. Still, what a shitty campaign, spent 90% of turns just running around avoiding fights and razing whatever undefended settlements I could find because they always came at me with at least 2 full stacks. Glad that's over with.

Is the Wood Elf mini campaign better? What's the reward for completing it?
>>
>>164971685
>Make the formation during deployment
>Select units you want in formation
>Ctrl + G
>Make sure the little lock icon is highlighted (click it if not)
>Profit!
>>
>>164969645
Clearly two different people, Asians all look the same meme.

Back to /pol/
>>
>>164971685
alt+ left click drag to move selected units whilst keeping their relative positions to each other
>>
>>164971453

I kind of agree with the guy in the comments of 2nd link. Hordes are too delicate and pick your battles, imo. When you hear of the Mongolian and Hunnic hordes, you think death, murder and destruction is on your way. You don't think about some pussies slowly riding towards your town that can't even field a decent or even sizable army.
>>
File: 1483564657470.jpg (26KB, 498x330px) Image search: [Google]
1483564657470.jpg
26KB, 498x330px
>want SSAO
>eats up fps like crazy
It still looks ok, but everything feels so bright.
>>
>>164971829
Beastmen mini campaign is utter trash, don't even consider going for the long victory since there's nothing, forget it exists, you are safe now

>Is the Wood Elf mini campaign better?
Yes, but it's still shitty

>What's the reward for completing it?
The Red Duke & Mousillon unlocked for Custom battles
>>
>>164970634
>"tech trees" are complete trash
really?
>>
>>164971829
playable Mousillon in custom/multi
>>
>>164971829
>what a shitty campaign
yes, absolutely

>Is the Wood Elf mini campaign better?
yes, but still not great
>>
>>164970862
Beastmen, Skaven, GreenMeanies all rely on swamp tactics which means uncountable casualties. Hordes have to be so damn careful it takes away from the reckless behavior these factions usually exhibit.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>ZOMBALELS
>>
>>164972076
not really
dwarfs, empire and vampires have good tech trees, the others aren't that great
>>
>>164970372
Yeah, I love Warhammer more than any other Total War (except MAYBE Attila) but the campaign is definitely dumbed down. It doesn't have nearly the same depth. I don't mind it as much though since the focus on Warhammer is clearly more towards battles than empire building.
>>
>>164972076

the only good one is dwarfs

greenskins is shit because it requires buildings and most techs are just useless. you go straight for doom diver tech when you can and then maybe spider tech

empire is just shit because there's only 3 x 8 with each 3 being locked behind some building

wood elves is ok because they are actually massive buffs, the amber techs are powerful enough to always consider getting. you always want to set aside some amber in case there's a nice tech comin up

chaos and beastmen techs are just boring, wooo sack income, raid income, the only good one is +minotaur damage

vampire one is also pretty bad. extremely long research times for mostly inconsequential buffs to units you have already stopped recruiting because you can get better. who's ever picked any tech in the skeleton/grave guard/zombie book? the only good one is bottom right for all the growth, food and income stuff. i do like the +20 fell bat armour tho.
>>
What settings are best for stable performance?
Anti-aliasing and ssao seem to be the biggest fps murderers.
Disabling 3d portholes seem to help performance too.
>>
I feel like hordes should maybe consist of armies and a base that's tied together (and require to be within a certain distance otherwise they suffer attrition). Bases/camps act like normal settlements except that they can move, armies function as normal and are recruited from settlements, the idea being that losing an army isn't so ridiculously punishing anymore, and you can do things like support multiple armies with one base. Also, horde armies have a much larger reinforcement range when their base is being attacked to prevent easy base sniping.
>>
>>164972654
Speaking of Warhammer, more specifically.
>>
File: thefirstweaboo.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thefirstweaboo.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
TOM

CRUISE
>>
>>164972383

I barely have fun with Warhammer battle anymore.

There's no need for auxiliary lines, there's not a lot of tactics in place.
No retreating units so they can rest, no ranged skirmish since the AI gets absolutely fucking triggered if your range cone even touches one model, and most of all, battles last less than 10 minutes everytime.

Man, how much I wish Empire was a good game...
>>
>Karl Franz's skill tree
Literally no idea where to go here. The ability that actually makes spearmen decent seems good, but at the same time why bother when I can get halberds?
>>
>>164973075
That would be a lot better, just have to raise horde growth requirements per army to balance that and it'd be fine.

>>164973429
red is OP, everytime every faction
>>
>>164973429

halberds have shit attack speed and don't use shields like spearmen do
>>
>>164971940

It's because the hordes didn't came in all at once, most of them raided the Romans client state in succession because they were mostly opportunist and saw that the empire was weakening, especially along its frontier and eventually they got bold enough to go all the way up to Rome and raid the eternal city itself. Also they weren't the destroyer of world the roman historians depicted them as (whom had a tendency to treat foreign cultures like they were ass backward troglodytes to support roman cultural superiority, if we'd believe them then we would still see the Gauls as a bunch of dirty fuck rather than what they actually were, a proud folk with a great respect of hygiene to the extant that they produced scented soap for nearly the entire Mediterranean and had basic ''sewer'' systems for their villages), it just that they were extremely thorough in their conquest and showed little mercy for their adversary, while being selfless to an extant that would make them feel alien to the culture of the Mediterranean that put a huge emphasis on the self and the influence a man will can have on the world
>>
>>164973429
I usually put a few points into the yellow tree to make him a bit better at dueling enemy lords, red tree (especially honest steel) is great early on, gives your state troops a big boost
>>
Total War: Rome III when?
>>
God I don't think I can continue to use Sigmar Priests, they're pretty much the new Giants/Dragon Ogre for me. Even in the absolut easiest auto-resolves they get outright killed from full health.

Also, is anybody using the gryph on regular Empire Lords other than Franz? The charge is strong but damn their melee attack/defence tanks.
>>
>>164973501
>>164973698
Man, I always have a dilemma with skill trees.

>10% movement speed from blue is pretty much a must have.
>Lightning Strike is great, but it requires you to go into the second tier of blue.
>Red is fucking great all around.
>Yellow is good but your lord is usually good enough without needing those buffs.
>>
>>164973823
How long do you plan to be alive?
>>
>>164973310
Its pretty much always in the AI's favor to press an attack rather than take a skirmish fight. If the AI thinks it has army superiority or that you have missile superiority than ofc it will just rush. Even if it has missile superiority it still makes sense to rush because it can shoot your ass while engaging melee. Im pretty sure the AI acts this way in conjunction with how it is supposed to think on campaign- AI is benefited by closing and attacking because it is stupid and it helps it to cause casualties quickly. Imagine how lame and exploitable it would be if the AI was more passive
>>
File: 1483904414.jpg (341KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483904414.jpg
341KB, 1920x1080px
i thought it was a bother getting all these great weapon minotaurs on malagor but i guess it all worked out for the better
>>
File: GIVEDAORDA.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GIVEDAORDA.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>164973901
Red is universally good.

Yellow is great for GS because WAAAGH is so important

Lightning is cheap but too damn useful to ignore while Beastmen and GS have really good higher-tier blues.

Yellow for most "order" factions really isn't worth it unless you really need a character killer as a lord (Grombrindal who also has the best blues for dwarfs).

Yellow is required on Grimgor (WAAAGH, rediculous WS)
>>
>>164974083
62 more years if I die at like 80.
>>
File: attila 2017-01-07 02-09-28-02.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-07 02-09-28-02.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
Can we please stop this "whatever you are doing, trolling or being ironic on purpose" and get back on track and talk about campaigns?
>>
>>164974220

I just want some handgunner firing lines mowing eachother down before the battle.

Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>164973901
I play with a mod that increases the amount of skill points you get, so my experience might be a bit different from yours

usually when im starting out with franz I'll specc into the first skills of the yellow and blue tree, then put some into red to get honest steel
>>
File: 1467601246871.jpg (26KB, 313x320px) Image search: [Google]
1467601246871.jpg
26KB, 313x320px
>tfw after a battle the bannerman and captain of a unit are always dead
I do wish that they had a bit more health.
>>
File: 1336696359318.jpg (2MB, 4500x2681px) Image search: [Google]
1336696359318.jpg
2MB, 4500x2681px
>>164973272
>tfw rotating turrets if it wasn't for incompetent devs
>>
File: 20170108162218_1.jpg (567KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108162218_1.jpg
567KB, 1920x1080px
why tho
>>
>>164971808
My point is you cucks h8 reddit yet respond to it if it's just reposted on 4cahn
>>
File: 1483620957872.png (42KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1483620957872.png
42KB, 853x543px
so what side were the greenskins and undead on in the end times? the undead obviously don't worship chaos gods and the greenskins have their own gork and mork.
>>
>>164974752

Because his faction has no settlements left, so the AI is programmed to just to do whatever it can to get a settlement so it doesn't die from the "No settlements" attrition.

Even when it's down to a single lord at no health it will still just find the first minor settlement it can and attack it.
>>
>>164975119
Everyone kinda banded together to resist the chaos doomtide and failed. Grimgor also got bullied by Crom the Conqueror literally before the game starts and was mad about it.
>>
>>164975186
I noticed factions that are forced into horde mode take their time to attack. If they are surrounded by friendly nations they just camp somewhere.
>>
>>164974746
>no TW game covering 1880s-1910s
>no high sea clash of pre-dreadnough battleships as your army lands in Africa to wrest control of key colonies
>no siding with the Boers against the Anglo menace to ensure their freedom
>>
>>164975186
And he wont die until you attack him with a stack
>>
>>164975119
they all join Sigmar's forces, except for Manlet who kills Balthasar Gelt thus causing chaos to go out of control and kill everything.
>>
>>164975485
>Manfred literally LITERALLY caused the end of Warhammer fantasy
>In Age of Sigmar he's stuck in Nagash's realm getting raped by skeletons and ghouls
>Even then he manages to make everything worse by betraying a bunch of Sigmarines who try to save him
>>
File: accordion.jpg (40KB, 451x281px) Image search: [Google]
accordion.jpg
40KB, 451x281px
why
>>
How optimized is Warhammer Total War?
>>
>>164974752
It's an old, tired orc that has lost every git and gobbo he ever cared about and now has no tribe and no waagh and now wants to end it all.
>>
>>164975684

Anything during or after the End Times is simply Anti-Mannfred PROPAGANDA and not accurate at all.
>>
>>164975945
2optimized4me
>>
>>164975684
>manlets
>expecting them to learn
WEW LAD
>>164975945
MORE THAN ATILLA
>>164976003
T. manfred
>>
>>164975929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB9WgR_N4h4

Obviously
>>
>>164972617
>who's ever picked any tech in the skeleton/grave guard
me cause they're good
also whats wrong with locking techs behind buildings?
>>
>>164975945
Much better optimized than most Total Wars. I played it on an old i5 laptop with Intel hd4000. Was perfectly playable on low settings. Looked like ass, but it ran.
>>
>>164967784
Yeah don't have any ninjas, restarting now as realised I could have raised taxation earlier
>>
File: UI06VLs.png (2MB, 1231x928px) Image search: [Google]
UI06VLs.png
2MB, 1231x928px
>>164918398
>forgetting the superior runic language branch
pathetic
>>
File: 364360_20170108210357_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
364360_20170108210357_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Ungors <3
>>
File: 169m1ip.jpg (116KB, 639x436px) Image search: [Google]
169m1ip.jpg
116KB, 639x436px
>>164975119
It was a plan of Teclis to ressurect Nagash, so that he would take the wind of Death for himself thus weaken the Vortex, so he could give all other 7 winds to other champions.

It didn't go as planned because of Khaine and Morathi.

In the end Malekith got Shadow, Alarielle got Life, Sigmar (he got reborn because Karl Franz died, Valten died and some other stuff) got Heaven, Grimgor got Beast, Gelt got Metal (Thorgrim had it for a while, but it left and he got assassinated by Skaven), Caradryan got Fire (Ungrim had it before but he stayed with the Slayers to cover the retreat of dwarfs and men) and Light Teclis bound to his own staff.

Fun stuff.
>>
>>164976425
The problem with early game Otomo is trying to bait the enemy into actually attacking your castles rather than besieging. A half dozen matchlock ashigaru with some bows and spears backing them up can flatten anything in the early game as long as you're in a castle.
>>
>>164937597
the american trade node is way up at the north of japan, so if you choose it as pretty much any of the imperial factions it will get raided forever after realm divide and you will lose a huge chunk of your economy.
>>
>>164923241
reddit it that way faggorino
>>
>>164974480
Give up
>>
>>164976454
More like dedgors
>>
File: Do not talk to tripfags.jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
Do not talk to tripfags.jpg
7KB, 262x192px
>>164975684
>>
File: 1481758605451.gif (227KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481758605451.gif
227KB, 200x200px
>>164922597
skaven is a warhammer race for autists who hate society. Learn to like a real race like dawi, scum.
>>
File: 20170108191031_1.jpg (188KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170108191031_1.jpg
188KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>164930007
every time i see that "hippogryph" i cringe
>>
File: attila 2017-01-07 02-19-34-82.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attila 2017-01-07 02-19-34-82.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
LETS TALK ABOUT CAMPAIGNS
>>
>>164975465
Videogames are becoming progressively more cucked and boers are "le evil white people of africa" so there will probably not be a game like that ever
>>
File: graveguard.jpg (123KB, 544x563px) Image search: [Google]
graveguard.jpg
123KB, 544x563px
>>164930007
LET ME TELL YOU

ABOUT BRETTONIANS
>>
File: AAAAAAHHHHHHAAAHHAHAHAHAH.png (369KB, 893x1198px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAHHHHHHAAAHHAHAHAHAH.png
369KB, 893x1198px
Help shogun 2 forgets my resolution settings, and the option for 1920x1080 isn't always there
>>164977446
old meme m8
>>
File: Dredd does some work.jpg (547KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd does some work.jpg
547KB, 1920x1080px
>>164965134
Literally the same exact thing I had. This screenshot was right before the battle where my witch hunter, who is an insane man who marches into the chaos horde, just assassinated Kholek to even the odds.

I tried the battle using the large armies, but I couldn't manage it, so I kept it to 20 units per side. Still had to withdraw my entire first army so I could get fresh units in. Ended up winning with out a problem, but still lost a ton of men due to the Hell Cannons.

One question I had is, when does the age of peace start? Normally its right after I kill the big big bird and the Everchosen, but they keep coming back. Do I have to kill the warherds of chaos too?
>>
>>164975119

Greenskins had an "alliance" with the Dark Elves while the Vamp Counts had an alliance with the Empire

Archaon was just too spooky
>>
Malagor on VH is like walking through a fucking minefield, one wrong step and game over
>>
>>164963642
>>164942914
>>164919906
In the same way Finland just elected the only black girl to run for Miss Helsinki (in a country that's 1%~ black) to that title so too will black people literally just be dumped into Martian colonies even if they fuck things up, steal and are general niggers

The only real hope is that there are forced standards- like in order to go to space you have to be a doctor or something useful- in order to prevent Tyrone and friends from causing the meltdown of an entire Martian dome-city and thousands of deaths 50-100 years from now
>>
>>164949815
They are both pretty fun. I personally find beastmen more my playstyle, fast attack army. Also, minotaurs are probably my single favorite unit in the entire game.
>>
how effective are armor upgrades in fots?
>>
>>164930007
Green Knight confirmed, hory shit.
>>
File: 1476665128904.png (131KB, 569x412px) Image search: [Google]
1476665128904.png
131KB, 569x412px
>>164919156
>Malal
>but no Hashut

REEEE
>>
File: 1483906987.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483906987.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
seriously tilea?
>>
File: Lk6Ya7J.png (388KB, 478x519px) Image search: [Google]
Lk6Ya7J.png
388KB, 478x519px
Why is sparta such a bunch of assholes?
>>
>>164967560
use your OP missionaries to incite rebellions.
>>
>>164978094
How they fuck could someone add Brettonia as a faction and not include the Green Knight in some way? Specially after they added fucking Vlad to VC?
>>
>>164978174
Firearms are the future of warfare
>>
File: French_Galleon.jpg (91KB, 564x753px) Image search: [Google]
French_Galleon.jpg
91KB, 564x753px
>>164971587
Too bad we will never get naval gameplay.
Bretonnia will never rule the waves.
>>
>>164978216
>not expecting CA to half ass everything with Warhammer
>>
File: 1483907242.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483907242.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>164978174
nice brayherd timing. ok then let's do this.
>>
>>164978195
Because they used extreme power and force to dominate their servants
>>
>>164978623
>5 mortar units
>handgunners

I hope you send the brayherd stack first
>>
>>164978623
>attacking a settlement with that many guns and mortars
>no lore of beasts caster for manticores

lad
>>
>>164976616
How would you reccomend baiting them then?
>>
File: Lord of Change.jpg (244KB, 1000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
Lord of Change.jpg
244KB, 1000x1422px
So as much as I like The Everwatcher and all in game. I actually hope CA goes with this design for the Lord of Change once Chaos Daemon's are introduced.
>>
>>164977739
>Dark Elves
Elves were united under the true Phoenix King.
>>
>>164975119
everyone vaguely attempts to band together to repel chaos
Grimgor at least gets bonus points for headbutting Archeon and breaking his third eye
sure he gets instantly destroyed by Archeon after but breaking a treasure of chaos is nasty blow to him
>>
>>164979009
You need to be weak enough for them to have the advantage in autoresolve, really. That said, it's a dice roll because I've had enemy armies attack that would have no chance of winning, but might actually stand a chance if they besieged me.
>>
>>164979171
>HElfs doing anything right
>>
>>164979171

>Malekith was the true Pheonix King all along

It gets stupider every single time I remember it.
>>
File: 1483907736.jpg (470KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483907736.jpg
470KB, 1920x1080px
>>164978623
gorebull wreaking havoc in the midst of the artillery/gunners
>>
Is this mod any god
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793069131&searchtext=1078
>>
File: 1483907876.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483907876.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
>>164979351
in from both sides at once with monsters and gathering up at the cap point while bestigores dealt with the walls. piece of cake.
>>
File: rhodesianarmyman.jpg (203KB, 452x663px) Image search: [Google]
rhodesianarmyman.jpg
203KB, 452x663px
>>164977182
>Rhodesia: Total War will never be a thing
>>
File: Bjerrn Bjarrk.jpg (523KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bjerrn Bjarrk.jpg
523KB, 1920x1080px
Maybe regional occupation was put in for a good reason.
>>
Why can't I put more than one stack of units in a city?
>>
>>164979558
Here we have a trve vnderstander, /twg/ btfo
>>
>>164979886
you deserve a ruined campaign for using that fucking mod
>>
>>164975119
Grimgor led a huge waaagh through the mountains and killed greasus goldtooth. Ogres say this as a sign and banded with him. He continued to lead a massive army of ogres, greenskins, and other shits against chaos. Skarsnik got bummed when Gobbla died and just left or something.
>>
>>164979886
what
>>
File: varg-vikernes.png (581KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.png
581KB, 762x464px
>>164979886
Stop
>>
File: 1420934145993.jpg (44KB, 594x683px) Image search: [Google]
1420934145993.jpg
44KB, 594x683px
>>164980206
>Gobbla died
I'm crying again.
>>
File: 1467152576817.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1467152576817.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>164979886
>occupy anywhere
you deserve it
>>
>>164979092
is that a new model? god damn that looks good.
>>
>>164979319
master of rape, slavery, and torture gets elected as the pheonix king. Absolutely insane
>>
File: darevyisredy.jpg (23KB, 801x82px) Image search: [Google]
darevyisredy.jpg
23KB, 801x82px
>professionally trained soldiers equipped with the finest modern arms supplied by foreign superpowers get btfo by a bunch of malnourished peasants using glorified sticks
>>
Crossbowmen or handgunners?
>>
>>164981295
Gunpowder was a mistake
>>
File: rogjt.jpg (655KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rogjt.jpg
655KB, 1924x1080px
>>164979179
Like this right?
>>
>>164979092

I don't like it desu, too much dinosaur and too little bird
>>
>>164981384
That might be enough. Another thing, once you've taken that island, demolish your Nanban port and rebuild it in the province north of it, the one with the fletchers. That way you can get gold accuracy Tercos.
>>
File: 95823.jpg (263KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
95823.jpg
263KB, 580x387px
>>164981295

It's not that unusual it happens IRL too, look at the USA post-WW2.
>>
>>164982093
well it's not like the vietnamese were idiots
>>
>>164973873
Am I the only one who never gives generals the monstrous mounts? I like them to be special on the LL
>>
>>164982293
If they were not idiots, then how come the fought for communism and not the proper system- Capitalism?
Me- 1, You- 0, Lenin- 0
>>
File: 1479606574525.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479606574525.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
>>164941783
>those color names
>>
>>164982585
what's wrong with GO FASTA red
>>
File: werd.jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
werd.jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
>be in an underground ambush with your captain when this guy comes up and slaps him on the ass
wat do?
>>
File: trusting anon.jpg (681KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
trusting anon.jpg
681KB, 1924x1080px
>>164981765
Don't fuck me now
>>
File: Pt_76.jpg (200KB, 650x403px) Image search: [Google]
Pt_76.jpg
200KB, 650x403px
>>164982093
>Korea
North Korea got rekt and needed China and the Slavs saving them.
>Vietnam
Unlike what Americans like to believe neither the NVA nor the Vietcong were a bunch of farmers with sticks. The NVA was also well equipped and lead as shown by their engagements against US or South Vietnamese forces. Also these guys had something to believe in and fight for.
>Gulf War
Saddam got rekt pretty hard. Funnily enough he had a bigger and more well equipped army than the Vietnamese but Iraqis are just really bad at war.
>Iraq War
Iraqi army got rekt and even the insurgency was put down by the end.
>Afghanistan
Won't argue here. These guys just keep beating technologically superior forces.
They're just hardcore mountain men. Like super powered sheepherders.
>>
>>164981765
I usually rebuild it in the province with a blacksmith for the armor, accuracy in vanilla shogun on guns never seemed to increase lethality for me.
>>
>>164979558
How did you get inside fast and easy without taking a ton of losses from the towers and the guys on the walls, Bestigors don't have shields and rifles are armor piercing.
>>
>>164983391
>iraqis bad at war
Air support is a hell of a drug
Or alternatively Morale is a hell of a drug
>>
>>164983493
i had towers i didn't just run in straight away all my bestigores were in them
>>
>>164983140
You will absolutely destroy them, matchlocks on walls are the devil.
>>
>>164982937
How is that dude anti-large and has both poison and magic attack?
>>
Flagellants are some real bastards in a siege.
>Never rout or anything so you have to clear them from the walls to a man
>You get stuck trying to kill them so fucking handgunners and crossbows get potshots at your guys
Real assholes
>>
Why can't I offer to be someone's client state?
>>
>>164983541
If it was just fighting America I'd give them a pass.
But they even managed to fail at fighting against a post-revolutionary Iran weakened by embargoes, supply shortages and army purges. Meanwhile Iraq was getting support from France, America and the Soviets.
And last but not least lets not forget the 30k Iraqis that ran away from 800 ISIS fighters at Mosul in 2014.
>>
>>164983745
actually i don't know how he has magical attacks but he does have a poison attack weapon. all gorebulls are anti-large though i thought?
>>
File: 0e0.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0e0.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>need power, fuck honor
>import European weaponry, destroy thousands
>screw everything the honourful Japanese stood for
>turn Japan into some kind of anime loving joke
Pottery
>>
>>164983745
I've noticed a couple of the weapons don't list that they do magic damage.
>>
File: assuming.jpg (642KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
assuming.jpg
642KB, 1924x1080px
>>164983621
I'm guessing I fucked up, didn't help that they came from 3 directions and then went around the back when I was focusing on reposition9ing to kill the general
>>
>>164983813

Unbreakable was a mistake
>>
>>164984314
That's what actually happened though.
>>
>>164984379
It really was
>>
>>164984348
Nah, ashigaru are expendable. Against an army with that any samurai, you did good.
>>
Any steam fags looking for 20 percent off.

3NJ58-AHVY8-8L8WV
4X848-2K52W-M2XQX
TEBB2-HAM99-Y397P
RRCMC-80DLR-LR48E
YR6NY-TAHB2-GWB6Z

One of these might have been used but w/e throwing all this shit in the recycle now.
>>
>Belegar army with all embedded ethereal heroes
>Attack Khazrak's weak army
>Khazrak ignores all other units and charges straight for my support heroes
>Kills my runelord and engineer in about 15 seconds each
Holy shit I got played by the AI
>>
Are Witch Hunters literally only good for removing corruption? The guy really didn't do fuck all in the battle I just put him in.

Also, you fuckers lied to me spearmen are trash.
>>
>>164984890
Ha, someone told you spearmen were good?
lolno
>>
>>164984792
took the top 1
second top was already used
>>
>>164984890
they can somewhat decently kill lords/one model units but they are best on the campaign map killing agents and removing corruption.
>>
>>164985021
A whole bunch of people told me they were good to hold the line, not really kill shit. I don't see what units the Empire has for mainline infantry because
>Greatswords don't have shields
>Halberds kill very slowly
>Spearmen have shields but aren't great
>Swordsmen have shields but aren't great
Also I've been testing crossbows and handgunners to see which comes out on top and as far as I can tell they are dead even, which makes me lean more towards handgunners since they have AP.
>>
File: Empire_Middenland.png (2MB, 1380x954px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_Middenland.png
2MB, 1380x954px
>Middenland still not playable
I bet Franz is behind this.
>>
>>164984470
That's my point. How could they do something like that
>>
>>164985261
Yeah, the empire definitely feels lacking in melee troops
>>
File: 20170108204147_1.jpg (211KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170108204147_1.jpg
211KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: based rng.jpg (532KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
based rng.jpg
532KB, 1924x1080px
>First level up
>sword of ameterastu
>based RNG
>>164984639
thanks man
>>
>>164985549
idk man that poet's pretty cute
>>
>>164985615
boipucci didn't exist in a time where you could fuck a slut with a sword and no one would care
>>
>>164985261
So far the most use I seem to have found is
>Spearmen with shields+Honest Steel=Solid mainline infantry
>Greatswords are 60% of your killing power and should be sent behind the line your spearmen hold
>Reiksguard should be 30% of your killing power, bring 2 (1 from the beginning of the game and use the RR one as your 2nd so you don't have to build the Fort)
>Handgunners for the rest for the AP
>>
>>164985709
You know the samurai were raging homos, right? Takeda Shingen comes to mind.
>>
>>164984890

Block Army is the best agent action in the game.

They also have best success chance for assassination out of all the Empire agents and the Destroy Walls action is amazingly useful.

They're not worth using in battle, but that doesn't mean they're "only good for removing corruption"
>>
>>164985549
>Otomo
Matchlocks are so damn useless man, half the time I was lucky if they got enough kills to even be worth occupying a slot in my army.
>>
>>164985927
BANGBANG
fear man it's worth it
>>164985814
>takeda
Of course when you're the horse fucker faction you'll be gay and let horses fuck you
>>
>>164985890
>Dedicated hero/lord sniping.
>Not worth using in battle.
That's like saying Empire Captains aren't worth using on the campaign map because they're great in battle.
>>
File: 1483475651872.jpg (109KB, 424x511px) Image search: [Google]
1483475651872.jpg
109KB, 424x511px
>Looking for stable performance
>Turn off screen space reflection
>Get huge fps boost, even with ssao on
>>
File: czvMbNI.png (540KB, 577x880px) Image search: [Google]
czvMbNI.png
540KB, 577x880px
>send army out to sea to land in enemy lands
>three banners of 3-5 raiding javelinmen come out of the fog of war
>they wreck my troops even in boarding action
fuck this game
>>
>>164985927
You can't really use them like line infantry, they're a ranged hammer unit in a sense. Of course, they're insanely good in siege defense, especially on the larger castles.
>>
>>164986054

You'll get far less value out of a Witch Hunter in a battle than you will from a unit of Handgunners or Demigryphs or an artillery piece.

Add to that the fact that you're losing all the value he could be generating with campaign actions and no, Witch Hunters aren't worth using in battle.
>>
>>164985927
4-6 units of matchlocks will defend a province against everything the AI can throw at you. in the field you will only want one to try to get on the flanks to break a line, but on defense they are immovable.
>>
File: oneeye.jpg (685KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oneeye.jpg
685KB, 1920x1080px
>>164982937
laugh at him
>>
>>164986323
Do withc hunters not kill guys like Grimgor in 3 shots anymore?
>>
>>164986323
>More maneuverable than handgunners.
>More precise than handgunners.
>Have a single-target damage ability that's guaranteed to deal damage.
>Comparing a ranged hero to shock cavalry.
Gee, I sure hate having their lord dead within 30 seconds of him meeting a witch hunter, it sure is a shame having more than 1 agent performing actions on a single army has diminishing returns.
>>
>>164980786
>>164980671
>>164980065

I thought it would it more fun, and give me a reason to fight the other factions.

So far so good, it gives all factions potential to be big threat.
>>
>>164986557
>one man vs an entire regiment of men
>has a missile attack that is prone to miss enemy lords
>has a single-target damage ability that has been nerfed into oblivion
>comparing a useless unit to a useful unit

gee i sure hate watching a witch hunter struggle to deal any significant damage vs enemy lords, its a good thing they are incredible at assassinating enemy heroes and blocking movement on the campaign map
>>
Volkmar is the greatest hero. I mean he is actually shit but having him on this bizarre contraption of a mount, cursing the unbelievers while putting down prayers is just too good.
I love the sound effects aswell, this guy is truly like a fantasy Kommissar
>>
>>164987081
What are you on about? I just spent the last couple of hours murdering Athel Loren like this, Orion's dumb ass couldn't stop chucking spears at swordsmen long enough to notice he was already almost dead. This is after the map witch hunter I had nearby failed to kill him on the map.
>>
>>164986546

No, not that they ever did.

>>164986557

Handgunners have absolutely no problem hitting a single lord even with no chevrons, deal much more damage than a Witch Hunter per shot/volley and will actually continue to be useful after the enemy lord is dead.

In fact handgunners are functionally much more accurate than a Witch hunter because they'll always hit with some of every volley whereas the Witch Hunter is liable to miss entirely with his single shot against a small moving target.

Maneuverability is marginally useful but you're the Empire, you have the best artillery in the game, if you aren't fighting defensively then you're doing it wrong.

>Gee, I sure hate having their lord dead within 30 seconds of him meeting a witch hunter

He'll be just as dead after meeting your gunline and your attempted sarcasm doesn't make you any less wrong.

>>Comparing a ranged hero to shock cavalry.

An army slot is an army slot and a Witch Hunter is a waste of space compared to practically anything you might replace him with.
>>
File: will anon.jpg (635KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
will anon.jpg
635KB, 1924x1080px
Will anon be able to defeat their doomstack, find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z
>>
>>164987302
>works on my machine :^)
>>
>>164986493
now that guy's a beast
>>
>>164982937
>battle lastes less than 2 minutes

State of Total War gents.
>>
>>164987323
>Maneuverability is marginally useful but you're the Empire, you have the best artillery in the game

How does Empire have the best; or are you counting Steam Tanks as artillery?
>>
>>164987483
fug I deleted the screencap I had of an enemy stack attacking a castle manned by my doomstack of full accuracy tercos, otherwise I'd post it
>>
>>164987323
>>164987498
Witch hunter shots still stagger, he still has access to potions, equipment, and his ability, is still more maneuverable than handgunners, has more survivability, and can easily turn his gun on other units besides lords. On top of that, I'd fucking love to see a unit of handgunners reduce hero success chance on an army.
>>
File: 20170108120353_1.jpg (488KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170108120353_1.jpg
488KB, 1680x1050px
Name my band, /twg/
>>
>>164986493
How in the fuck can you afford this army and why does your Khazrak have 1k weapon strength?

Speaking of him, why are Gorebulls almost always better than the faction leader?
>>
>>164987881
>>164987323
>>164986557
Witch hunters are also the best campaign agent empire has. why waste them in an army when the other 3 heroes are better to take.
>>
>>164987912
The Pussy Patrol
>>
>>164987912

snowniggers
>>
>>164987912
Please Stop Calling Us Gay I Only Touched His Penis By Accident And Stop Making Fun Of Our Moustaches
>>
>>164987483
61 men
>doomstack

Damn must be playing on extra small unit sizes.
>>
>>164988037
Because there's a cap of 10 witch hunters, and the reduced success chance for hero actions lasts longer the more actions you try. Witch hunters are great on the campaign map, but they aren't useless in a stack in any sense of the word.
>>
File: 20170108225012_1.jpg (631KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108225012_1.jpg
631KB, 1920x1080px
>it's a "enemy cygor chrases all his rocks into the tree in front of him" episode
smelly dumb beastie scum

this wouldn't be a problem if CA bothered with environment destruction.

Imagine if you could just burn the forest down with flame cannons. It'd make them much more useful.
>>
>See Beastman horde on a boat around the coast of Bretonnia.
>Wonder what the fuck are beastmen even doing on a boat and where the fuck did they get it.
>Zoom in.
>It's a fucking giant dolphin with some wood tied to it.
>>
File: C4LOAIG.png (42KB, 353x182px) Image search: [Google]
C4LOAIG.png
42KB, 353x182px
what
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to defend your lands as wood elves outside of Athel Loren?
>>
>tfw you get bandits in the province of Arse.
>>
>>164987138
He's not shit at all. Give him the chariot and stack him with ward save items. The damn thing has so much mass you can just trundle back and forth across the enemy battle line all match. That's not even counting the great buffs which you can even stack with a battle priest's abilities
>>
what do corpse carts do?
>>
>>164989479
cart corpses
>>
>>164988259
Something else to keep in mind is you can embed a properly specced witch hunter in an army to make it nearly impervious to enemy actions. If you're fighting a faction that's spamming agents I'd take them in the army over an additional HG unit just for that.
>>
Someone please talk me out of buying the Beastmen.
>>
>>164989479
they buff surrounding units. they're alright

Corpse carts with the unholy lodestone also resurrect/heal nearby undead units. They're great.

The other corpse cart has something that debuffs enemy wizards. but that's kinda pointless since corpse carts are slow and wizards tend to be given mounts

Lodestone cart is a great mount for a necromancer.
>>
>>164989735
Why?
Beastmen are the second most enjoyable faction to play;
>>
>>164988990
So I take it I just accept the futility of holding on to worldly possessions as elves or what?
>>
>>164990158
Who are most fun?

Personally i think Empire, Vamps and Orcs are more fun than beastmen.
>>
>>164989735
don't buy it seriously isn't worth it. The campaign is worthless and they are still missing two key units. They are a slightly more interesting horde faction which isn't saying much only without the badass chaos lords.
>>
File: 20170108223639_1.jpg (370KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108223639_1.jpg
370KB, 1920x1080px
Not having a good day
>>
>>164990243
Each individual settlement gives you so little that you shouldn't give a shit if a couple get razed. Use your main army to attack the AI settlements they actually need while they're wasting time depriving you of like 50 income 1 amber and 1% damage. You can also raise an army with global recruitment cheap if you have the right tech and buildings.

Always keep a sizable amber surplus
>>
>>164990262
1. Empire
2. Beastmen
3. Vamps
4. Orcs
5. W. Elves
6. Dwarves
7. Gobbos only
-
-
-
-
-
90001. Chaos
>>
File: 20170108224140_1.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108224140_1.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>164991183
>when the steam in the tank is just right
>>
File: 1479513561424.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479513561424.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>164991183
>>
>>164957925
Get the cavalry nerf submod
>>
Oh wise lurkers of /twg/, will I be able to run Warhammer without lags with my comp?
My specs are as follows:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 940M
RAM 4.0 GB

I am asking you because canyourunit says I am above the minimum but below the recommended specs.
>>
>>164992390

no
>>
File: 5ca9dddf31711189b27edcff80078d46.jpg (489KB, 1904x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5ca9dddf31711189b27edcff80078d46.jpg
489KB, 1904x1080px
>shock cavalry
>DEI
>balance
pick one
>>
File: 20170108230216_1.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108230216_1.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else do firearms and cannon only battles?
>>
>>164993414
How is DeI nowadays? Are battles still atrociously long?
>>
>>164987912
These dudes are beefy. How do I achieve those arms natty?
>>
>>164993585
Well that battle took a bit over 20mins and the only reason it wasn't twice as long is because I had the cav and could hammer and anvil. Otherwise it would have been Phalanx vs Phalanx which takes forever cause no one dies.
>>
>>164993719
You work out 3 times a week for a year or two anmd eat enough protein.
>>
>>164992390
You should be able to run it, loading times could be a little long, not sure about multiplayer but singleplayer should be ok on low.
>>
>>164992390
I think you could do low settings and get a decent frame rate. I run it on an absolute shit-tier laptop, and it was playable on low (with bad, but bearable FPS). With your machine, the only thing I'd be worried about is the 4g of ram. The load times are really brutal without a SSD, too.

If you buy it off steam, you can always refund it if it runs like shit.
>>
>>164992390
Yes, but it's going to look like shit.
>>
>>164994242
does the refund work 100% or can I get jewed for shady reasons?
>>
>>164994425
Dunno, I've never done it. I've never heard of valve refusing to refund anyone. But, do be aware that sometimes Total War: Warhammer doesn't close properly. It keeps running in the background after you 'exit'. You have to close it from the task manager. So just be aware of that since you only have two hours of 'time played' to refund, I believe.
>>
>>164994425
Yes it always works as long as you actually read what the requirements to refund are
>>
>>164990926
Gobbo only is the best campaign ever.
>>
File: 20170108232115_1.jpg (610KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108232115_1.jpg
610KB, 1920x1080px
>>
How do I gift units to a friend in a coop campaign battle so he's not just watching I can't figure it out!!!???
>>
>>164995690

There is a small right facing arrow in the bottom left corner, next to the portrait orb. Select the unit and then press the button.
>>
>>164971065
>The size of CAs armies has NEVER touched on reality, maybe the closest being shogun. Read about any battle in the Roman era.

>He fell for the """"""historical""""""" numbers meme

>Ancient historian
>Yeah dude our guys were like a dozen and they were more or less a million and we defeated them believe me
>>
I'm really wondering how they are gonna balance the lizard men.

Chaos level armor
High charge
Extremely high leadership
Very good monsters, and decent cav
Best magic and decent variety if skimishers

The way total war works these guys will be able to take anyone in a melee engagement and there auxiliary options are not even bad.
>>
>>164997374
most ancient battles were just 30 drunk guys fighting on a field
>>
You fags are retarded. If you are talking about battles in Attila and especially Age of Charlemagne then actual battles would be closer to a few hundred men.
>>
>>164997551
Their good stuff will probably be slow and the auxillary stuff will be fairly weak compared to other faction's options. I hope they do Slann right.
I'm more curious about how High Elves will get balanced since they have good/great options in every single category except maybe artillery
>>
>>164997374
Also "battles" often went on for multiple days or even weeks and went through several stages.
What we play are essentitally large skirmishes and the numbers we have in TW games are quite accurate in that concern.
>>
>>164997569
>>
>>164997551

TT balance never stopped them from doing anything, look at Chaos.
>>
>>164997551
I don't know how numerous the lizardmen are in the lore, but perhaps they could give them lower unit sizes to counterbalance their high strength.
>>
>>164998050
Really expensive.

Lothren sea guard are gonna be insane if they get them right, they are elite infantry whith pin point accurate bow fire.
>>
>>164998340
They are kinda infinitely spawning, they are born from ponds as fully battle hardened warriors.

They have massive numbers too, I suppose CA will just ignore that part though or make them shit.

But on paper they have everything that makes a unit good, just have to see what CA does with them.
>>
File: 1381404445753.jpg (35KB, 419x604px) Image search: [Google]
1381404445753.jpg
35KB, 419x604px
>>164998828
>Junglepaths! A brand new mechanic that allows Lizardmen armes to cross impassable terrain

You know it's going to happen.
>>
File: fJ9eH8Ew.jpg (63KB, 599x646px) Image search: [Google]
fJ9eH8Ew.jpg
63KB, 599x646px
>karl franz has the deadly blade skill
>>
>>164999223
Its pretty fucking stupid how only vampires and empire don't have underway stance out of all 6 races.

The only other faction that should get it is skaven.

I wonder what they will do for occupation of cities if they do lustria, there is no reason why lizard men would take elf or skaven land. Are they just gonna be some shit isolated nation, regional occupation might have to go by the end of the series otherwise there is no reason to even explore half the map.
>>
>>164999671
Chaos doesn't have underway either
>>
>>164999671

They don't need underway.
Thread posts: 783
Thread images: 184

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.