[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 756
Thread images: 122

File: KdaYhJw.jpg (201KB, 617x485px) Image search: [Google]
KdaYhJw.jpg
201KB, 617x485px
>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, enter Control+Q when you're done so the game is saved for others.

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

Previous thread: >>164245226
>>
first for chei
>>
In before assmad because of Dredmor.
Reminder that Dredmor is as much of a roguelike as powder and so is kosher.
>>
3rd for kiku
>>
>>164410430
dredmor's allowed, just a lot of people don't like the gameplay or ui (mouse first yuck)
it's definitely a roguelike though
>>
>>164410260
>Hey you know that thing I should never do
>let's do it anyway
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>164410430
nobody here is assmad about dredmor's roguelikeness

i think i've seen more "i'm going to play dredmor and there's nothing you can do about it!~" shitposts than i've seen people mad about it

the truth is, it IS a roguelike, it's just one that isn't very fun because it's very slow to play and has painful inventory management
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uol6HRMryoo
>>
Why did no one tell me great hell wyrms get innate reflection?
>>
I feel guilty about only having questions about DCSS because it seems to saturate this general.

But anyways. I'm playing a Gargoyle EE, I should pay no heed to that -2 aptitude in dodging and pump points in it anyway, right?
>>
>>164410735
>it's very slow to play
One thing I loved about Demon: Ferret obviously thought about what happens if 5 creatures act all at once.
Dredmor just kinda gives up at solving that
>>
>>164410948
yes anon, every character in crawl wants to train dodging
you might not take it as high as a character with a better apt, but you should still have SOME
probably dont do that super early in the game though; on the first few dlvls you're better off focusing on all-out offense
>>
>>164411004
demon is kind of shitty about that too actually
like some monster casts that one holy spell that damages all enemies in an area and it plays the white-run-falling-on-them-from-the-sky animation in series, one-at-a-time for each demon it hits. there's no way to skip this shit except by entering a command and skipping the entire turn's animations
>>
>>164410948
Yes, aptitudes tend to decide what you character does and doesn't do, but core ones like dodging/fighting/armour don't since you'll want at least some every singe game, because they're really,really good.
>>
>>164411228
Skipping is good enough. The only thing that really matters is the end state.
Though Demon isn't very good at displaying the end state.
>>
>>164411423
i didn't play the game too much but i remember it being a huge pain in the ass to actually see which status effects a demon had

rather than being in a list they would all flash one-at-a-time in the corner of its character sheet or something
>>
>>164411683
Yeah, that's most of the issue.
That's not all, though. Effects aren't properly timed in the UI. There is no effect duration displayed (not even some "effect power" measure).

Even something as bad as Brogue's effect display would be better. Now, Brogue is quite bad at it too, but at least it tries.
>>
File: ohohohoho I'm fucking dying.png (120KB, 583x246px) Image search: [Google]
ohohohoho I'm fucking dying.png
120KB, 583x246px
>>164410260
Did the dude die of laughter? Was he having too much giggle at a diggle?
>>
>>164412428
He got all the dank memes at once
>>
>>164412428
>he doesn't giggle at diggles
I bet you don't even cummy in tummies
>>
>>164410879
That is your based armor realm.
>>
why won't my minireactor (powered on, filled with fuel) charge the battery in my car
>>
>>164413490
as if armor wasn't stacked enough already!
>>
>no artifact blade of chaos with chaos brand and (wild)
>>
>>164413993
It was changed to work as the backup.
This makes it useless for charging other vehicles, but makes it more useful when working with alternators and solars.
>>
>>164414701
that makes no sense

it's a nuclear reactor, it should fucking power the vehicle always, not just on backup
>>
is replacing all my windows in my car with boards and cameras a bad idea
>>
>>164415235
Realism is the reason for everything that is wrong with DDA.

The only problem here is that you can't use it to charge batteries even when you want to do that.
For one vehicle usage, it's much better that you don't need to manually turn the reactor on/off to conserve plutonium while solars are running.

>>164415721
Cameras have less range and you need to sit on the control panel for it to work.
>>
>>164415721
Would you do it in real life?
>>
>>164415935
Does less range mean it explores less of the overworld map too
>>
>>164416091
Not sure. There are two mechanics for overmap exploration: one checks actually seen tiles, other is pure range based.
The range based ones will not be affected, but the one that sees tiles certainly will be.
>>
>>164415721
you can just put curtains over the windows so you can close them when you're not driving

when you ARE in motion you don't care as much about zombies noticing you because you can just run them over
>>
>>164415935
>Realism is the reason for everything that is wrong with DDA.

Are you saying the game being too realistic is a problem? Or that the game isn't realistic enough
>>
File: DCSS116.png (249KB, 1352x611px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS116.png
249KB, 1352x611px
Necro is amazing, I think I've found my new favourite god.

Anyway, should I try and wear heavier armour, since I'm barely blasting stuff anymore with my undead slaves destroying everything.
>>
>>164416376
I want to make a tank and drive up to other tanks / military turrets and hack them without them seeing me
>>
>>164416583
well you can still do windows with curtains + cameras so in non-hacky situations you can get proper vision
>>
>>164416425
The realism being ever considered more important than gameplay.

This is the direct reason for all the bloat and an indirect reason for lack of balance, "oops you slipped you're dead now" combat, multiple kinds of UI shittiness and tedium.

And ironically, also for lack of realism, when "realistic" bullet damage means NPCs shooting at you would be instadeath, yet NPCs have all the reasons to shoot you before asking you to get angry.

Seriously, if you ever think
>this is retarded. what the fuck were they thinking?
the reason is most likely realism.
Conversely, when you actually have fun, the reason is most likely someone deciding to make things less realistic and just going sci-fi and action movie.
>>
>>164417563
The 'attempt' at realism is the best thing about cataclysm. Why don't you play any of the million other roguelikes if you just want pure gameplay above all else?
>>
File: thanks tso.png (40KB, 856x363px) Image search: [Google]
thanks tso.png
40KB, 856x363px
Well that stinks
>>
>>164418996
It's not that hot. The enchantment alters each turn, so it can plummet to negatives.

Also, it is chaos-branded - which can backfire really badly.
>>
>>164418596
Realism:
>vitamins
>morale penalty for wetness
>morale penalty for filthy clothing
>item damage
>grab attacks fucking you over
>good armor making you immune to most shit

Anti-realism:
>being able to craft vehicles as efficient as factory ones
>being able to repair vehicles without raping their efficiency
>CBMs existing
>being able to install CBMs and not just start with them
>infections being curable without risk of instadeath
>regeneration not taking months
>crafting clothing not taking hours per attempt
>radiation not being delayed instadeath with no warning
>>
>>164399421

Spells that you can use and are actually useful for the entire duration of the game anywhere you go are better than something that is only useful for a 3 rune.
>>
Any good roguelikes with combat like Dwarf fortress adventure mode? I fucking love chopping limbs off in that game and stabbing eyes out. So far most RL just have normal HP style combat.
>>
>>164425654
IVAN has critters and player losing limbs left and right.
>>
This is a bad thing, right?
>>
File: htzEYg[1].png (24KB, 961x264px) Image search: [Google]
htzEYg[1].png
24KB, 961x264px
This baby is on sale for like 2000 gold but Zin is jewing all my gold away.

How do I make fast gold?
>>
>>164426292
There's no real way to get a ton of gold, unless you're with Gozag and by the time you'll have enough money to blow on that, you'll have a billion dragon armours laying around the dungeon anyway.
>>
>>164425569
>playing more than 3 runes
its like you want to somehow have even LESS fun in dcss
>>
File: misfortune.png (16KB, 842x134px) Image search: [Google]
misfortune.png
16KB, 842x134px
>>164426257
>>
>>164426292
always acquire gold
>>
Cleared the lair, the upper dungeon and the orcish mines.
Where to now, depths?
>>
>>164426781
nah the *tele will help reduce your turncount and get you a higher score
>>
>>164426918
Nevermind just splatted at the depths, tried running for what I'm guessing was a wizard lab and got chased by 3 troll shamans and an ice dragon.
>>
>>164426918
lair branches
easiest from hardest:
swamp
spider
snake
shoals

then vaults 1-4
then all of depths
>>
>>164427210
I wish I hadn't gotten greedy about that lab.
I didn't think I'd be so unprepared, apparently two of those trolls were actually earth mages and before I stopped moving back to the entrance I noticed i got hit by 3 LRC in a row.
I was 2 tiles away from escaping, I'm upset now.
>>
>>164426737

It's not fun for you because you're bad.
>>
>>164427602
At least you know the branch order for next time, depths enemies are far,far stronger than the stuff in the lair branches.
>>
>>164428098
Hold on, enemy LCS can be cast directly on top of the player character if they are a gargoyle, correct?
>>
>>164428804
LCS is Lehudibs crystal spear which anyone can get hit by, I assume you meant LRD, so the answer is yes, you can get directly hit by LRD if you are a gargoyle.
>>
>>164429110
Shucks, should have expected that. I was liking that guy, tons of AC for a spellcaster.
>>
How can I choose which monster to reach attack with polearms online?
>>
>>164430012
eVoke it
>>
>>164430442

Thanks. Would you like a kissu or a peench? :)
>>
>>164431253
have slex with me instead :)
>>
File: wtf.png (207KB, 1312x722px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
207KB, 1312x722px
wtf that's like 90 damage!
>>
>>164431253
>>164431350
>>>/trash/
RP is allowed there, not /rlg/.
>>
>>164431407
>8 AC
>taking on a 5+ headed Hydra up close

You were asking for it.
>>
>>164431407
rekt
>>
File: 1449662070113.png (231KB, 373x523px) Image search: [Google]
1449662070113.png
231KB, 373x523px
>>164431407

>using chaos weapons at all
>>
is cogmind any good yet?
>>
>>164433901
The only people I have seen saying good things about it are people whose opinions I wholly disregard as worthless.
>>
File: ppppppp.png (99KB, 1134x724px) Image search: [Google]
ppppppp.png
99KB, 1134x724px
This doesn't seem safe at all.

Actually, it's probably good the death knights are there, as otherwise I'd try to fight it.
>>
>>164434748
i love when rooms spawn with monster formations
>>
Shall I just quit roguelikes?
Why do people say this genre is fucking easy? It's so goddamn difficult. I can't even beat DCSS again, and apparently that's the easiest one.
Seriously, it's too heartbreaking to put multiple hours into a character just to die.
I'm just not cut out for this shit.
>>
>>164437220
The only people who think roguelikes are easy are people who spend too much time playing them.
Like the people here, for example.
>>
>>164437220
>Why do people say this genre is fucking easy? It's so goddamn difficult. I can't even beat DCSS again, and apparently that's the easiest one.

DCSS is easy as shit though.
Play overpowered combo like Minotaur Berserker, or worship better gods like Trog, Okawaru or Gozag.

>Seriously, it's too heartbreaking to put multiple hours into a character just to die.
That's the appeal of roguelike.
Just like in real life, you can't reload your save when you're doing something wrong.

Anyway, play online so we can watch or give advice to you.

>dying as MiBe
>2017
You're kidding right ?
>>
>>164437220
it's easy in that with perfect, cautious, thoughtful, non-hoarding play you usually win, but it's really damn hard to have the patience and self-control to avoid making a move before considering the situation fully, or to avoid playing on when you know you should go to bed. And the moment you think "I'm doing well" you lose the caution and often immediately go and do something stupid.

It took me like 10 years before I beat vanilla Angband for the first time, but then the second win came easliy. Part of it is game knowledge, part of it is getting into an appropriately-calibrated groove, etc.

There really are "eureka!" moments that come after you win and things start falling into place. Part of it is just comfort with game progression, part of it is realizing to value absolutely no item so highly as the survival of the character (because you end [win or lose] most roguelikes with an abundance of shit you were so sure you'd use someday)

When you feel that irritable grumpy sensation when playing a character of "I deserve to get back to where my last guy was before dying, when I was just getting to the good part" or realizing you'll actually go bonkers after a fatal misstep, it's time to take a step back and do something else, maybe even meditate or go to bed.

Also people overstate how easy shit is because they know it's objectively easy, even when in their own practical games they often ignore the above and do stupid shit when they *know* better than to do that.
>>
>>164437220
>>164437845
and to add: taking a 1% risk a lot of times ultimately culminates in dying almost 100% of the time, even if each individual dice roll is highly in your favor. You get away unpunished for a lot of shit, which leads to dangerous habits. Then the hydra does 90 damage in a turn or whatever and the harsh lesson comes down: those other times you went unpunished because you were lucky.
>>
File: 1471919633096.png (21KB, 404x229px) Image search: [Google]
1471919633096.png
21KB, 404x229px
Holy shit my weapon literally disappeared in the Abyss when I was teleported once. Goddamnit IJC
>>
I spawned inside a Abyss Rune vault in Abyss:3, surrounded by monsters. I managed to escape with cBlink, but I got teleported away (whole map reset) before I could get the rune. Do I need to leave the Abyss and come back again before I can find another rune?
>>
>>164437718
I guess you're right. I think I've been listening to too many retards on /v/.

>>164437768
I dislike playing cookie cutter overpowered combos like that, even if it leads to frustration due to the added difficulty.
The way I see it is, I'd rather struggle through an interesting playthrough using a combo I enjoy even if it is suboptimal rather than breezing my way through the game and tabbing to victory as a minotaur berserker.

>>164437845
>it's easy in that with perfect, cautious, thoughtful, non-hoarding play you usually win, but it's really damn hard to have the patience and self-control to avoid making a move before considering the situation fully, or to avoid playing on when you know you should go to bed. And the moment you think "I'm doing well" you lose the caution and often immediately go and do something stupid.

Gonna be honest, every single thing you said there rings so true for me. When I'm playing slow a methodical, everything usually goes fine. As soon as I start to get impatient and overconfident, I get punished for it.
I'm also guilty of playing when tired, when I know I should just put it down and pick it up the next day, but I keep saying to myself "I'll just make it to 'x' then I'll stop...", and a good 75% of the time this leads to my death.
>>
99% of the time, part of you is internally screaming the correct play, and another part of you, generally the part directly attached to your real or metaphorical testicles, says "yeah nah fuck you imma do this instead"
>>
>>164438753
Honestly, one of the best ways to play is to just unbind tab.
>>
>>164437220
>Seriously, it's too heartbreaking to put multiple hours into a character just to die.

That's half the fun, though. You fuck up, you learn a little, you try again but under different circumstances.

It's like life, but it's most similar to a relationship. You try to make things work and to work with what's in front of you, rather than constantly dreaming of an older/more ideal relationship.
>>
>>164438753
when you think of it from a neurochemical reward perspective it makes a lot of sense
taking (small, cumulative) risks by yoloing through monsters, gaining levels and loot, releases dopamine and the like in the brain to make you feel rewarded, even though it's wrong play. But taking caution and playing to the worst case scenario has no such attendant reward, at least until the (inevitably underwhelming) win itself. So you have this perverse incentive structure where the player is encouraged to do (even if just marginally) stupid shit, with the deserved punishment only rarely actually manifesting, and with the reward of an actual win being extremely delayed. On top of that, often a bad choice won't actually punish you until much later (e.g. "if only I had one more scroll of blink left"). Thus both the rewards for correct play and punishments for bad play are divorced from the things that brought them about, if they're invoked at all.
>>
>>164438648
No, it generates.
>>
Is the bezotted update already on trunk?
>>
What's the next bloat race that is going to be purged from DCSS?
>>
In DCSS, should one ever level their weapon skill past the min delay level when there is nothing important to level?
>>
>>164431407
>giant club of chaos
>on a troll

Fault, but I would have used it too
>>
>>164441275
No, it's still in branch "dpegs_dynamic_monsters"

http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dpegs_dynamic_monsters

>>164441428
Human

>>164441469
There's no such thing as "nothing important to level", unless your Fighting / Dodging / Armor is already at 27, you'll want to branch into magic.
>>
>>164441469
Nah

If you aren't murdering shit quite well at min delay you need a different weapon, not more weapon skill

And if you are ALREADY murdering shit quite well, you can train basically anything else for more benefit than weapon skill will give you.

I only go above mindelay in niche cases of huge weapon apts where it's not a big XP drain, or the 'lol 27 fighting and casting firestorm in GDA train literally whatever senpai' stage of the game
>>
>>164441469
Depends on what level is required for min delay. If it's 20 or higher, you won't get much/anything by training more. But if it's lower than 15, you'll get a little extra damage/accuracy with more training, although you'll be better off switching to a stronger weapon. Pound for pound, min delay is all you need.
>>
File: Capture.png (40KB, 789x560px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40KB, 789x560px
Poor little Oremorj

could afford 5,000 rockets to shoot at players but couldn't afford swimming lessons
>>
>>164442006
i hate magic
>>
File: john romero.png (27KB, 1629x186px) Image search: [Google]
john romero.png
27KB, 1629x186px
>>164443145
>>
File: Capture.png (30KB, 785x558px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
30KB, 785x558px
Hello level 50, haven't seen you in awhile
>>
>>164444501
congratulations! I'm waiting on the good times now myself.
welcome to the final third of the game
>>
If I don't have a numpad is there anyway to rebind the vi-keys for movement? It's set up in the most awful way.
>>
>>164444998

use mouse
>>
>>164441469
not unless you're stabbing with shortblades
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-03_05-19-47.png (506KB, 1280x986px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-03_05-19-47.png
506KB, 1280x986px
How am I supposed to get this rune?
>>
>>164444998
In Crawl?

See https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/settings/no_vi_command_keys.txt
And
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/docs/keybind.txt

Basically, copy the "no vi command keys" stuff into your init or crawlrc file, and then rebind whatever you need with similar commands from the keybind file.
>>
there should be an unrand hat + cloak that give cleaving and reaching respectively, to complete the set with the boots of ass and gloves of fence
>>
>>164444998
it's fine if you get used to it
you should keep your hand on the home row as if you are typing, don't try to contort it into the shape of the keys like you would with WASD
>>
>>164445802
>tfw hill orc giant spiked club (vamp) +9 with stabbing, riposte, cleaving, and reaching
>>
>>164445802
Boots and gloves improve stabbing and riposte respectively. There's nothing to improve with cleaving and reaching
>>
>>164445934
errr, I meant ogre
not sure where the heck I got "hill orc giant" from
>>
>>164445627
Very carefully.
>>
>>164443145
He also can't afford confusion resistance, which is always entertaining.
>>
>>164446551
I have basically zero melee capabilities and no means of digging. Is it even worth trying or should I give up and wait for another one?
>>
>>164446682
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
>>
>>164446681
players get that too
if you play as a cyberdemon you get tonberry-style confusion vulnerability
>>
>>164446682

>no means of digging
>what is OoD

spriggan shitters every tiem
>>
>>164447097
??? OoD doesn't dig anything, what are you talking about?
>>
>>164447134

guess you should OoD your irl MiBrain because it doesn't do anything anyway
>>
>>164447497
Next you'll be saying /disint digs things
>>
>when you're a powerful servant of Morgoth in the original Angband but get utterly steamrolled by the newer uniques who never got balanced

I sympathize, Lungorthin. Angels are major assholes.
>>
Anyone compiled DDA on linux themselves?

>just clean installed yakkety
>following the compilation instructions on github to the letter
>missing sdl_ttf.h

>libsdl-ttf2.0-dev is already the newest version (2.0.11-3)
What did I mess up?
>>
>>164447674
the angels are in vanilla angband as well though?
although they got reflavored into valar.
>>
>>164447097
It doesn't help much because of that Silent Spectre, I can't get LOS to most of the stuff in the way. I don't think Flayed Ghosts need sound to flay either.
>>
>>164447665
don't worry, if you don't have any sources of dig you can always just use a stone of tremors!
>>
>>164448053

You have spriggan speed, lure the silent spectre out while hasted after wrecking those walls without straying too far from the rune vault. Then read ?fog, break LoS and cBlink several times to the left side of the rune vault, cast OoD to make holes as necessary, grab the rune and evoke /tele. Flayed ghosts are the least of your worries
>>
>>164448541
Thanks, that sounds like good advice.
>>
>>164445627
I remembered this vault. As SpEn of Ash I almost stabbed everything there and finished the rest with wand of acid.
It was easier than I thought.
>>
>>164448626
>>164448678
There was a Wretched Star nearby so I abandoned it.
>>
>>164441428

Halflings because they're too uninteresting.
>>
>>164449236
Halfling are the worst
>hey lets have a race whose only appeal is being a short tabmaster
>But they can't use big items lmao

fuck frodo
>>
>>164449429

They should just remove Slings too, only stupid people use them. Either buff it/add some gimmick so that it can rival Longbows and Triple Crossbows OR just outright remove it if it's too problematic a.k.a lazy to think of a buff.
>>
>>164449849
>projectiles fired from slings have an innate vorpal multiplier against any creature larger than the wielder
>each additional size difference increases multiplier by 1
>hunting slings renamed Goliath Leathers
>>
>>164450092
>Orbs of fire are Tiny

annnd into the trash slings go

Literally no other monster matters desu
>>
File: 1471217033764.png (9KB, 382x410px) Image search: [Google]
1471217033764.png
9KB, 382x410px
>>
>>164450602
Slings now let you fire OoFs. Problem solved.
>>
>>164449112
I found another vault with lava to float over and got the rune out by apporting it. Much easier.
>>
File: suckmybigdragondongle.png (51KB, 787x562px) Image search: [Google]
suckmybigdragondongle.png
51KB, 787x562px
That ring looks quite appealing...
>>
File: reeeegivememynenya.png (42KB, 788x560px) Image search: [Google]
reeeegivememynenya.png
42KB, 788x560px
>>164451236
wow, no wonder he lost the War of the Ring
>>
>>164447850
>playing with tiles
>>
>>164451412
>playing
Trying to build it, faggot.
>>
>>164451706
Build it without tiles then
>>
>>164451789
I'll build my foot in your ass.
>>
>>164451881
You're so irritable. Try getting rid of animal products in your diet.
>>
Ring is more powerful, but Deathsword is more fun, correct?
>>
>>164452335
deathsword is probably stronger/easier, but both are fairly weak until very late
>>
also i'd say ring is probably more fun

deathsword plays just like any other melee character but with a lot more grindan for loot and worrying about disenchanters
>>
>>164452335
Exactly.

Deathsword
>rule of cool
>Just give me some resistances and I'll wreck this place
>KILL KILL KILL I MUST KILL

Ring
>rule of tedium
>sure hope an aoe spell drops, I'm almost to level 30
>5,000,000 keystrokes necessary to kill a grid bug
>oh my fucking god why are mounts such a pain in the ass
>nohp
>nosp
>half the fun, triple the playtime
>>
File: qe294D[1].png (38KB, 703x343px) Image search: [Google]
qe294D[1].png
38KB, 703x343px
Xom is a pretty cool guy
>>
>>164454115

>tedium

Opinion discarded. I really should make a list of those dumb buzzwords you subhumans resort to using to make your post look like it has any form of intelligence
>>
>>164455006
He is. He is also awfully inconsistent
>>
File: crawl_first_win.png (89KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
crawl_first_win.png
89KB, 1000x500px
First win. Mostly thanks to luck: found strong armour and a shield in a bailey, and an anulet of regeneration soon after. Then I just tanked most of the dungeon, especially after I found a vampiric weapon.

Still nearly died a bunch of times though. Mostly when I thought, "Maybe this extra damage will be better than vampirism". It wasn't. Also fuck orbs of fire and their malmutation.
>>
>>164445627

which game is this?
>>
>>164455293
thats 15 rune gear especially with boots of run

you must have been doing smth really wrong to get close to dying with this equipment
>>
>>164455006
Xom is the only god that's revived me twice in one game. Clearly the greatest of Gods.
>>
>>164455848
It was before I got a lot of that - I had strong stuff at the time, but it was a lot more of a mixed bag in terms of resistences and the like. I won't deny I was playing badly though. Twice I was down to about 10hp and just got lucky.
>>
>>164455006

Just cleared lair, about to enter the orcish mines. I am absolutely loaded with mutations and feel like I should ditch Xom before his autism takes it away. How long does his wrath last? Is it difficult to survive?
>>
Been playing a lot of Caves of Qud lately. Im really enjoying it but im not sure how it stands with other rougelikes as ive only played DCSS mostly and i like that one too. Anyone else playing CoQ?
I also noticed a glitch. If you pour blood onto youself then examine the ground there will be 2x as much bloody salt and you can keep repeating. Pretty useless but i think thats its not supposed to happen
>>
>>164455273
>he
Xom is the only canonically futanari god.
>>
>>164456883
God wrath lasts whole game and just imagine what hes doing now but somewhat worse from time to time
Sometimes he will do a good action under wrath because hes a god of chaos after all, doesnt care much
>>
>>164457072
More like changing sex randomly.
Appearing as trap at one moment, then suddenly changing into a fat black woman.
>>
>>164457156

Xom probably genuinely makes use of that "50 different genders" chart regularly.
>>
>>164457226
>gender: xom's bff
>xom's attention turns to you
>your gender changes to panfluid
>xom is roaring with laughter
>>
>>164457360
>Xom notices you
>you notice that suddenly deeply erotic wall
>..OH NO! IT SAW YOU STARING!
>Xom is mildly amused
>>
>Find a dagger of accompaniment and a defender curved sword on the first floor
>Switch it out for a defender bastard sword a couple floors down
>Find another defender bastard sword
>Can't off-hand bastard swords
>Parry only works on the primary weapon
>No dodging+two weapon parry+riposte+sprinting+charge+momentum+knockback+whirlwind+follow through+zone of control with dual defender bastard swords while singing a woven theme of slaying and sharpness
>tfw you'll never get two 4lb (-1,3d4)[+2] bastard swords to do it with
Ffffuuuck...
>>
>>164455293

grats
>>
>>164410260
i am really drunk and i wanted to say that i love all of you
this is the best general there is
you are all so kind
i love you guys so much
>>
>>164455575
binding of isaac
>>
>>164458063
>Find orcrist on 500'
Shit's getting too heretical for me.
>>
I haven't played C:DDA in a couple months, anything interesting added/changed?
>>
>>164459798
Mugling ruined literally everything in his quest for "realism"
>>
>>164459913
...besides the obvious, i meant
>>
>>164459964
No.
>>
What's the best skill levelling order for an OpTm in the early game?
If possible Be specific (like, UC ti X, then fighting to Y, then switch back to uc until Z etc)
>>
>600'
>Feanorian lamp of brightness
>Great helm of brilliance
>Orcrist's bane light
>Got a lesser jewel to drop for intensity
Just need a vanyar spear, a sceptre of fire, amulet of the blessed realm, cloak of maglor, and boots of the irime/*bow of radiance
>>
>>164459964
>>164459798
At this point, you should be following the DDA git for the latest and greatest in autistic screeching between a bunch of beginner to intermediate programmers over 'game design'.
>>
>>164459798
Kevin came back
Didn't do anything yet, but wants to outdo mugling in needless realism, except without new features.
>>
>>164460329

It doesn't matter. Your problem is most probably you continue to fail to stay alive while getting exp and splat then you delude yourself into thinking that your wrong skill allocation is the reason you died.
>>
>>164460807
Hey, that IS true, you know your shit. Any tips for more careful play?
>>
>>164460521
>'game design'
The meme was that CDDA is not a roguelike, now it is no longer a game?
>>
>>164460919
X, e, o+tab
>>
File: r5EXBD8.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
r5EXBD8.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
How do I git qud?

At the moment I'm just running tanky axe waterwine farmers who get carried by the flaming hands mutation. Any better choices for a newb?

Loving the game though.
>>
>>164460951
I'm pretty much convinced the devs have no interest in making DDA a roguelike again.
>>
>>164461049
Was it ever one?

Kevin explicitly stated he doesn't want DDA to have a win condition.
>>
>>164460520
>Find a +1 blessed realm on 650'
If only I could be so grossly incandescent

>>164460984
Don't fight legendary shit unless you're heavily overleveled and prepared to cheese itwith consumables
Grind weak areas so you're overleveled and oversupplied as you go forward
>>
>>164461118
Kevin isn't the original dev.

Whose name I forget because I've been sitting here watching a compiler for 4 hours.

Cataclysm was supposed to be a zombie apocalypse roguelike where everyone's world file was sync'd with other players and you'd get little chunks where a player died or scrawled a message dropped into your world. There used to be an actual win condition, but it's been so long I can't even remember what it was. There were several 'endings'.
>>
>>164461123

I was cheesing it down with map borders, sprint and flaming hands. Got him down to "badly wounded" until I walked over a fire and he managed to hit me once. Greed ended up killing me.

What are these "weak" areas? Grinding crocs and glowfishes get boring. Where can I find something along the lines of Redrock:4 to grind? I was heading for the copper wire dungeons when I stumbled upon the legendary ape and his minions in some very interesting (at least 10 maps wide) ruins.

When should I head for the sultanate revealed by looking at the statue in Joppa?
>>
>>164461251
Whales Cataclysm.

If these guys keep fucking around, the feature lean and barely functional whales version will have a comeback.
>>
>>164461251
>where everyone's world file was sync'd with other players and you'd get little chunks where a player died or scrawled a message dropped into your world
We all now how that works in reality - mass griefing.

Though the roguelike part would be fun.

No chance for it for as long as Kevin is the leader, though. Unless someone makes a fork.
>>
>>164461251

>Cataclysm was supposed to be a zombie apocalypse roguelike where everyone's world file was sync'd with other players

If Cata becomes like this I would be forced to play it.
>>
>>164461707
No you wouldn't
There was a /rlg/ worldsharing server once, but it was dropped when pyromaniacs burned down every single spawn point on the world, every time the world was reset.
>>
>>164461707
>>164461778
The world sharing thing wasn't the intention.

I have to go to bed, but it was supposed to like what Dark Souls is but without invasions. Your ghost file is saved along with everything in your line of sight gets uploaded to a server, and when someone is generating a world, it pulls some number of ghost files and you can encounter player corpses and whatever killed them and the state of their final tile.

The world sharing thing was different. Whales didn't intend for anyone to literally share worlds.
>>
>>164460984
freezing hands >>> flaming hands

the game actually has a temperature system and lowering enemys' temperature enough can slow them or freeze them solid

at higher levels of the mutation, freezing hands will actually freeze things solid for longer than the cooldown on the ability
>>
>>164461251
>>164461118
Whales wanted a mad max wandering marauder sim. there wasn't a "win" con. Whales being whales he increasingly dropped balls until the final days the modders were doing more than him. He shat the bed and Darklingwolf and Kevin gattai'd into a successor.
>>
>>164461285
The canyons where you go to do the copper shit are utterly infested with snapjaw encampments for you to kill and open chests after you've ground the swamp a lot so you wont die. If you walk to dungeons it helps you get a lot of xp and some loot.Take notes and you'll be able to chart out arbitrary strength so you know where your next grind zone is.
>>
File: Monster House music intensifies.png (168KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Monster House music intensifies.png
168KB, 1920x1040px
Maximum Fault
>>
>>164462634
>xl:4
You're fine. Go up the stairs, drop a snek, kill the gobbo in front of it then scoot
>>
File: 1444712259333.png (297KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444712259333.png
297KB, 600x600px
i finally beat meshera alpha

but now any act 3 content is just too strong to handle
>>
>>164462634
Nah youre fine, go upstairs, kite them into a corridor, use appeantce or whatever its called and kill them
>>
>>164458591
Love you too man
Drunk with some CoQ and DCSS
Cheers
>>
>>164462634
if you press anything other than < it's fault, at least
>>
>>164463420
>Not casting mighty roar then eat alive on any stunned foes
Fault
>>
>>164461118
Lack of a win condition is hardly the only problem. Far too much of Cataclysm is so easily cheesable that the only way I've found to have fun is ignore half of it. And even then it quickly gets tedious and irritating.
>>
File: Chernobyl sword.png (541KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Chernobyl sword.png
541KB, 1920x1040px
>>164462693
>>164463334
>>164463420
As usual /rlg/ was right, but damn if i'm squishy as hell, had to fight them two at a time cuz of no proper corridors.

And now, is plutonium sword worth to train swords to min delay? i've only invested 5 points in transmut, but also 5 points in UC, so i guess it's early enough to focus on Long Blades?
>>
File: 1341371549386.jpg (329KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1341371549386.jpg
329KB, 1280x1024px
>Take power for +1 side
>Take an elf with 4 str
>Str pot for 3 str
>Rage for 1 str
>Charge and knockback for 3 str
>20 melee for 1 str
>Glend for 1 str
>Great helm of dor-lomin for 1 str
>Corslet of Gundor for 1 str
>Gauntlets of str (maybe)
Glend: 3d19 damage or take rapid attack for 3d17-18x2
Side boosted great axe of Hador's house/Fury: 4d15-4d19(x2) depending on weight and other factors
Hnnnnng. I doubt I'll ever actually get to do 190 damage/round but still...

>>164463691
Yeah, it's strong and fun.
>>
What race/class/weapon/religion combination was the most fun you had in DCSS?
>>
>>164464971
Bows VpAM of Battlemage Hep
Minotaurs with 26 evo were a hoot too.
>>
File: Limp wrists.jpg (63KB, 875x490px) Image search: [Google]
Limp wrists.jpg
63KB, 875x490px
>>164410260
TWENTY

FOUR

HOURS
>>
>>164465113
SpBe and KoAr.
>>
File: Sacred_heart_Isaac.png (16KB, 116x131px) Image search: [Google]
Sacred_heart_Isaac.png
16KB, 116x131px
>play Antibirth
>somehow get to the mines
>the stuff that spawns there

wtf I hate edmund that fat piece of shit sitting around doing nothing now
>>
>>164463047

show us your char
>>
>>164463691
>D4 plutonium sword
fuck you
>>
>>164468434
I once found Wyrmsbane on D:3
Not that I survived until my first dragon
>>
/The Shortsword 'Dagmor' (+2,1d8) [+1] 1 grace
/of shadows 1-3 song
/of feanorians 1 grace
/Sceptre of power 1-3 song
/The Sceptre of Thu (+0,2d4) 2 grace, song of mastery
/The Battle Axe of Hurin (-3,3d5) song of slaying
/The Quarterstaff of Halmir (+0,2d4) [+3] Song of freedom
)The Mithril Shield of Valinor [+1,1d6]
"of blessed realm/grace 1 grace
"Tinfang gelion 2 song
"The Pearl 'Nimphelos' 2 grace
"The Necklace of the Dwarves 1 grace
]Crown of command Song of command
]Crown of Grace 1 grace
]The Mithril Helm of Ecthelion (+1) [-1,1d3] 2 song, song of staying
]The Crown of Daeron 4 song
]The Crown of Dark Secrets 1 grace
]Robe of majesty Majesty
]The Mail Corslet of Fingon [-3,2d4] 1 grace
]The Mithril Corslet 'Starlight' [-1,2d4] 1 song, song of elbereth
(cloak of maglor 2 song, song of trees
(The Shadow Cloak of Luthien [+4] song of lorien
]The Set of Gloves of Rumil 1 grace
~Lesser jewel of grace
=The Serpentine Ring of Barahir Song of Este

So with obscene luck, you can double fist two longswords of shadows/sceptre of power, wear blessed realm/grace, a crown of grace, for 8 but a max of 12(17) song 5 grace to use with sharpness/mastery to hold shit helpless and bonk its lights out
Jesus....

>>164468434
Just wizmode and spawn it in at the end of lair or orc. Who gives a shit.
>>
uggh DCSS weapons suck so fucking much
>>
>>164471098
How so?
>>
Formicids should be able to recruit ants ala Orc
>>
Should I get rid of cursed ring of teleportation? It's not too bad, I feel like it could help me when I'm in danger
>>
Anyone got a MEGA for Isaac plus all the patches and updates? Light on cash right now but would like to try it out.
>>
>>164472125
Unless you're playing on an older version, yes. Even if you're playing an older version the answer is still probably yes.
>>
>>164472170
Yeah, it's in https://archive.org/details/msdos_Rogue_1983 with all my actual roguelikes motherfucker. Piss off. This isn't the place for isaac.
>>
>>164473174
Rogue really is the worst game ever, but I'm glad it started the genre.
>>
>>164473293
Yeah, it's rough as fuck. ui and control schemes have come a long way.
>>
>>164471753
>[something] should be [fun]
Balancecrime.
>>
>>164471753
>Formicids can now recruit ants
>Orcs are now redundant and are removed

Why just ants though?
>be mummy
>recruit Tomb
>>
https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22729

What's with tavernshitters complaining about complete non-issues again? Do their mental retardation know no bounds?
>>
>>164460520
or a sil
>>
>>164474280
What about luring needs to be fixed exactly
>>
>>164474280
>Why is this important? It directly addresses the primary issue people seem to have with luring; tedium. Extreme cases of luring across vast distances would become impossible (against all but the most insignificant enemies) due to linearly increasing Hp loss/risk. Moderate cases (constant luring to minimize noise, etc) would be possible, but usually suboptimal. And moving tactically back to a corridor 5 squares away would have no significant downside.
I don't see how the tedium of luring is worse than the tedium of dying to shout/spell noise chains but that's the tavern for you.
>>
I have a question about claws. The only thing they have going for them is bleeding, correct? Tridents can attack one tile away, axes cleave and claws bleed? Thinking of doing a troll unarmed fighter run btw
>>
>>164471753
>beogh is changed to a god of generic racial pride; worshipping him allows a player to recruit related monsters
>on victory, score is divided by [number of friendly followers alive+1]
>>
>>164475108
They also add +6 to base damage and to-hit. Also Unarmed is the best melee damage in the game, per aut.
>>
>>164474179
>Humans can now bluff their way through Vaults by equipping plate+helm
>>
>>164475194
That almost sounds too good desu. Whatever, I'm not complaining
>>
>>164474412

Uhhhh... luring should.... uhhhhh be discouraged because uhhhh tedium! Yeah, THIS tedium. HA!
>>
>>164471753
Formicids are soldier ants not queen ants, so no.
>>
>>164475110
>play draconian of beogh and win every game ez
>>
>>164475110
>Get a lucky early Beogh altar as a felid and adventure with your waifu, Natasha
>>
>>164475292
only male ones
female formicids are obviously warrior queens looking for a worthy foe to father their new hive
>>
>>164475295
It'd probably change to roll piety against HD meaning you wouldn't get much and as any dragon's call user can tell you what you do wont be too hot anyway
>>
>>164475289
The solution is not removing luring, but adding an auto-lure button.

>>164475403
All Crawl characters are sexless.
>>
>>164475450
>All Crawl characters are sexless.
Which is why some of them have tits and some of them don't, because that's an important part of being sexless.
>>
>>164475450
spriggans have beards
>>
>>164476182
Player characters, NPCs can have a sex.
>>
File: ripetyrap.png (18KB, 528x237px) Image search: [Google]
ripetyrap.png
18KB, 528x237px
Still no good at this game.
>>
File: one gender race.png (47KB, 348x1226px) Image search: [Google]
one gender race.png
47KB, 348x1226px
>>164476306
I reiterate my statement.
>>
>>164476915
Spriggan's a moderate race. You have to be able to deal with the low hp. Just ram some Minotaurs, hill orcs, demonspawn, draconians, or naga through.
>>
>>164477202
Yeah, the low hp really tanks the whole berserker-aspect. Mind, this is not first time I have run SpBe ( I really like it ) - I did 5-runer before, figured to try out 15-runer in new version to see it out more.
>>
>>164477291
Berserk increases HP by like 10% or something though.
>>
GUYS SIL 1.4
>>
>>164477926

it's out? link me up senpai
>>
File: DCSS117.png (156KB, 1365x613px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS117.png
156KB, 1365x613px
Is simulacrum stronger than death channel?
>>
>>164478497
They're for different things and both are very strong.
>>
>>164478067
No
actually I came here hoping you guys knew something
I mean it IS tolkien's b-day
>>
>love nethack
>hate hell
>hell happens to be a massive part of its endgame
I can't be the only one.
>>
>>164478984
Two of the forks deal with that. I don't remember which.
>>
>>164478984
Pretty much all the variants fixes it. UnNethack has a non-boring hell. Maybe 3.6 improved it, I haven't played vanilla since 3.4.3.
>>
>>164478984
>a mysterious force blocks your fun
>>
>>164478786
Since I'm steamrolling swamp right now I guess I'll refrain for now, but I'll definitely pick it up later if it's as good as death channel.
>>
>he actually used a death scythe
http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=20063

shit man, he was one of the stronger characters I've seen
>>
>>164478984
Dynahack fixes that. It removes the mysterious force and makes hell's levels not mazes.
>>
>>164479560
haha oh man
the crazy motherfucker

I guess you could halve the damage with wraithform but still, what an idiot
>>
>>164479560
You die. You lash. It is immune. You miss. You peck. You hit with your tentacles. Goodbye, Warmage!
>>
>>164479531
Basically, Simalcrum is proactive. You can carry over support from the previous fight if you can keep the tempo up with regen. While deathchannel is more for endurance and dpt in a fight. Since you're worshipping kiku you can also simalcrum bomb a room with a swarm of angry minions. If you're in an older version, you can hasted channel haste them as well which is exceptional for getting your minions to surround a target to draw attacks after which you haste your hydra simacs to vaporize foes.
>>
>nethack
I fell in love with it the moment I accidentally swallowed a whole cockatrice
>>
>>164480682
Yes, I'm sure everybody in the S&M crowd loves vanilla nethack.
>>
>>164460984
What's the game? Looks fun.
>>
>>164481313
Getting permanently genderswapped and then turned into a dragon to lay hundreds of eggs? Count me in!
>>
>>164481410

Caves of Qud
>>
File: morgoth.png (516KB, 517x600px) Image search: [Google]
morgoth.png
516KB, 517x600px
>>164465528

it doesn't look like it's coming out today
>>
>>164482131
NO
YOU LIE
THAT'S A FILTHY LIE
YOU ELF
>>
>>164482131
YOU HAVE TO JOURNEY THROUGH 10,000 MILES OF SIBERIAN WILDERNESS TO WREST THE .TAR FROM HALF'S NURSERY
>>
>>164482430
Is he russian?
>>
Does having your ancestor die in Crawl do anything apart from just not being able to use them for a bit?
>>
>>164482131
That's kinslayer talk!
>>
>>164483215
It also activates the effect (drain in the last version) and can also explode if you are using inner flame.
>>
>>164483215
You can't use them for a small amount of time, pretty sure there's no effect or whatever.
>>
>Playing halls of mist
>250'
>some evil sign thing in the wall curses and corrodes my gear into oblivion
Nice

>>164483213
I dunno
>>
File: DCSS118.png (281KB, 1354x608px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS118.png
281KB, 1354x608px
Who even needs AC, when you have minions?
>>
>>164483530
Also life drained me from level 13 down to level 2
>>
>>164483530
>>164483673
I actually really love Halls of Mist even though I have not gotten many decent characters (a few okayish kindof ones)

Some day I will get to that overpowered endgame with lots of artifacts...some day.

Never trust cave walls, ever. Also, fuck ice beasts or whatever they are, ruining 9999 potions that take 9999999 years to collect. And double fuck Hounds of Oberon. Serious, the fucking most horrible hounds of any *band, and that's saying something.

What character are you running? More than half of mine have been gnome rogues because that's what the last oook HoM comp was, and I got used to them. Plus being able to dive and sell is really nice. Did a few Templars or whatever they're called too because Alchemy is sweet.
>>
File: Untitled.png (194KB, 1600x832px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
194KB, 1600x832px
>>164484072
I did a gnome warrior cause of the pastebin. First game.
>>
>>164484367
nice. Warrior is fine too, though getting jumping skill per level isn't as useful as some other things (but they do get other upsides of course, like a good hit die)

The fae creatures are nice to start with because getting those directional phases is great. Read the help files after you lose a few dudes, they're interesting.

I've only barely gotten a few characters to the point of actually getting long term god worship online.
>>
File: DCSS119.png (293KB, 1350x606px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS119.png
293KB, 1350x606px
Damn, that was trivial. Does necro stay THIS strong throughout the game?
>>
>>164485375
pain falls off really hard
>>
>>164484507
>Oh yay there's an orcish morning star that does 7d2! I'll buy and wield that
>Figure I'm doing dickall with it cause I need to skill up my proficiencies or something when I can't kill town trash
>Go back into the dungeon
>Red H splattering me and have to bail
>"Just lifting"
>Didn't home my gnomish awl-pike cause it was slightly corroded
>Already blew my gold on buying items for knowledge and replacing potions
>Can't go to previously cleared depths to grind
>Can't afford any weapons
>Punch losers around town and get a 1d7 hatchet
Well at least it's clear why pcb has a HEAVY WIELD indicator light.

>>164485375
No. Pain brand/bolt of draining gets a lot of resistant/immune monsters showing up. HD climbs so pain/corpse rot/Control undead/Agony begin to become a utility or mp dump instead of walking over to bonk spells. Abjuration/AoE's chewing through your nerds who are also feeling their slower speed, lower HD(Accuracy) and damage from derivative undead. You're wrestling with increased tabber weakness from siphoning xp into necromancy or weak spellpower on top of doubly weak spellpower on the multi-school spells resulting in higher stakes if you flub threat assessment and noise management. It's still very strong but it's more like a more support focused evocations
>>
I want to see Amy and Femmy
>>
>Go down to D2
>Read scroll
>ID
>Pick a potion
>Mutation
>What the hell
>Minotaur horns grow
>rC+
>rF+
I'm going to splat so hard.
>>
File: Untitled.png (202KB, 1600x833px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
202KB, 1600x833px
Kind of want to kill myself tbqh
>>
>>164488318
>trusting cave walls
>>
>>164488757
Game's pretty neat in a literally hitler sort of way. Are you really forced down one floor at a time until you fight the boss?
>>
>>164488905
pretty much yeah
>>
>>164488905
it's sort of like sil except the mindepth is based on the number of times you've used staircases instead of your turncount, IIRC

you can opt to dive down 5 levels at a time to get to a deeper level fast, and then you'll have 4 extra floors later on to spend looking for loot before the boss
>>
>>164460984
Carapace is top-tier.
As is Phasing, though it can insta-gib you.
I'm partial to Photosynthesis but it's a pain in the ass until you're up to rank 5 or so, (you have to cut spelunking sessions short to recharge).

Many of the Esper abilities are useful for non-espers, and that line of mutations is quite strong in any case.
In particular, Force Wall is very utilitarian & is cheap, a rank or 2 of Mental Mirror is a must-have, and kindle is probably my favorite single-point ability.
>>
Is there going to be a Sil 1.4, or is development basically over? I know it took two years between versions last time.
>>
>january 3
>still no new sil

WE'RE ALL GOING TO FUCKING DIE
>>
File: Fall of Nuremor.jpg (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Nuremor.jpg
60KB, 250x250px
>>164490081
>>164490227
THIRTEEN HOURS OF POWER

GIVE HIM STRENGTH /RLG/, GATHER THE SILMARILS
>>
In CDDA active augmentations that do not directly affect player stats should have non-aug "tool" versions. Y/N?
I mean why is corpse water extractor only available as CBM? It does not even sate player directly, only generates water to pour into container.
Actually, I guess some kind of improved food dehydrator with attached container could collect liquid as a byproduct.
>>
File: tm0326.png (10KB, 1024x111px) Image search: [Google]
tm0326.png
10KB, 1024x111px
>>164487683
Have this tender woman instead.
>>
>>164490730
Don't fucking feed them you piece of shit.
>>
File: 3hncxyx.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3hncxyx.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
What instakilled me? I survived and killed the big guy but got killed instantly the turn after by something ;___;
>>
>being a bully
can't we all just get along dot cowtits
>>
>>164490896
Damn, failed the screenie. I killed a legendary called Ikas-No-Longer, servant of Ptoh, before getting instagibbed by a Duherummuhahum.

I'm getting instagibbed a lot before level 10 ;____;
>>
File: Gothmog, captain of the cuties.jpg (63KB, 558x627px) Image search: [Google]
Gothmog, captain of the cuties.jpg
63KB, 558x627px
>>164490452
>nuremor
>>
File: DCSS120.png (257KB, 1365x612px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS120.png
257KB, 1365x612px
Feeling so weak currently, I'm barely surviving against vaults trash let alone mennas.
>>
>>164491136
say what you will about Homestuck being stupid inane pointless crapshit, but there's some nice fanart out there
>>
>>164490896
you got confused by something which is why the name is all fucked up

I'm guessing a psion-type enemy in that legendary's entourage blasted your brain to bits, which would explain the confusion
>>
>>164491307
Never cared for homestuck myself.
>>
>>164491334
That explains it, there was a thousand of those. Thanks.
>>
>>164491334
Qud confusion is such bullshit
>le UI scramble xD

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>164492785
>being confused
>being able to read
>>
>>164493493
The confusion affects the character, not the player.
To confuse the player, they'd need to show hot traps or something like that.
>>
File: honkhonk.png (480KB, 801x604px) Image search: [Google]
honkhonk.png
480KB, 801x604px
>>164466760
here ya go
>>
>>164494210
how much of "grindgrindgrindgrindgrind" did it take to get there?
>>
>>164494441
i dunno
ive been feeding my pets "herbed" food to boost their stats though
>>
I keep wanting to play Elona for the wacky gimmicks, but then I hear about the grind and immediately stop wanting to play.

There should be a nogrind mod of Elona.
>>
>>164495343
But there is.
It's called "Common Sense".
>>
>>164495653
>have to choose subpar tactics to have fun
Literally the worst thing in game design.
>>
>>164495836
no, the worst thing would be either pay2win microtransactions or DRM.
>>
>>164496214
DRM is outside game design.
P2W could still count, so let me change the thesis:

>have to choose subpar tactics to have fun
Literally the worst thing in free game design.
>>
>>164494210

why is your hp and level so low holy shit
>>
>>164496530
>Literally the worst thing in free game design
I think 99% of the stuff in DDA qualifies for that
>>
>>164496780
It did for a while. It improved with reworks.
Now it's closer to 60%.
>>
>>164491279
Yeah, you're pretty reliant on apts and floor drops. Though it's not a big dead sense you can corpse delivery and bury a couple fights
>>
>>164491279

Any weapon that isn't a Long Blades is just dogshit for anything 1v1.
>>
>>164497378
Scimitar/double blades are pretty eh now too. You really need vorpal and enchants to crack a lot of better AC's
>>
>>164497117
>>164497378
Too late, splatted after getting abyssed, it felt like a big relief though, so I don't really care too much.

The main lesson here is to not branch into melee if the apts aren't there. A human conjurer is better off just going blasty-casty with regen+sublimation+death channel than spreading yourself thin training melee and necromancy.
>>
>>164497684

You have to accept that melee weapon damage is bad and you have to deal with it or you'll get stuck on using statueform+UC forever
>>
>>164497684
It's not that. It's that you greatly benefit in having good apts in one or the other and that necromancy greatly suffers from needing other damage to deal with resists and to proc than say a conj that vomits OOD's then bonks mostly dead shit in the face or has shadow creatures and hydra with them.

Do a Hill Orc necromancer, it's the tits.
>>
>>164456883
>>164455006

Okay guys that was a terrible idea. I switched to Jyva thinking she would protect my mutations and give me more, as my monstrous ogre rampages through the dungeon.

Turns ouyt that by "giving out random mutations" she also means "mutating good ones into nothing" and there's nothing I can do about it. Plus now there's slimes sliming fucking everywhere.

Fuck.
>>
>>164499068
if you want to preserve your current muts Zin is the only option

Jiyva will give you a ton of benemuts but they'll be constantly changing and getting swapped for other ones
>>
>>164498467
I tend to feel far more stronger on tabbers than casters, because the better AC/SH is such a good safety net and makes crawl more enjoyable,to me anyway, since you don't have to play every encounter like you're doing surgery.

>>164498946
I'm trying to win with all species and there's not a ton of Kiku viable species left since I've won HO,Mu,Gh and Ds already. I've tried vampire a few times, but they're just aids to play with the constant batform kiting and blood levels.
>>
>>164497684
You won't do much melee damage with 13 str.

20str -> avg. +25% base damage, +50% max. base damage (every 10 points of str add 25%/50% to both of those)

Unencumbered, you get 0.5 ev for every dodging point at 10dex, 1 ev at 20dex, ~1.2ev at 24dex. It's a linear scale up to 20dex, so there's little reason to put dex above 20-24 range. (That's for human-sized races. Small races get much better deal from dex)

Max. Fighting and Weapon Skill double your damage each. So 27 at both quadruples your base damage roughly.
>>
File: ohbaby.png (48KB, 786x560px) Image search: [Google]
ohbaby.png
48KB, 786x560px
Thank you, Cerberus. I'll make good use of this.
>>
>>164499335
Naga and just ignore it
>>
>>164499812
>staff of healing, nenya and cloak of retribution
enchant that cloak, it's your best friend.
>>
File: 1483479312939.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1483479312939.png
29KB, 633x758px
>you see here a forge (2 uses)
>>
Almost forgot.
>>
>>164500516
>when you get a cloak of retribution on an old 1.75-blow mauler
>an enemy hits you 4 times and takes more than 2x your normal melee damage per turn
>>
>>164500516
Turns out I can't even fit the ring into my setup yet, I could switch it out for a ring of combat with +stats but I'd be exchanging too much for basically just cold immunity
>>
File: 1480298773174.jpg (14KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1480298773174.jpg
14KB, 252x252px
Why do you still play old alphabet games, /rlg/?
I'll start.

>building a comfy randart set for resistances
>>
>>164503049
>everything looks so cosmic now
>>
File: 1470573624861291314.jpg (100KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470573624861291314.jpg
100KB, 960x960px
>>164503049
>wrecking shit with a fire axe
>>
Well, looks like no Sil release this year. I doubt we ever see another release desu
>>
File: boots.png (245KB, 582x381px) Image search: [Google]
boots.png
245KB, 582x381px
>>164496676
im a fairy
low hp of course
my pets are more over geared than i am because i cant wear anything past 1 stone
also my pet has these artifact boots which seems to do extra 2.7k damage when it triggers
>>
>>164504950
aren't there scrolls that lower item weight? you just have to farm a billion of those and then you can steal all your pets' cool artifacts
>>
>demonspawn monk
>claws
>hooves
>horns
>attuned to the shadows (+stealth)
>training unarmed combat

What god should I pick? I figured I'd choose Trog and ignore his weapon gifts or Oka and at least get armor gifts. But the stealth mutation is making me reconsider. Is unarmed viable for stabbing? Could Dith be decent?
>>
>>164505743
Nah, just because you got nightstalker doesn't mean you HAVE to be a stabber, the reduced LoS + stealth is good for everybody really.

You'll want Okawaru, because heroism gives +5 to UC,and other skills, whenever you want is insane and finesse is great. The gifts are just nice extras, that are occasionally useful.

You could also go Makhleb, my first 15-rune win was Demonspawn^Makhleb, his summon minor demon is 1% hostile at 4 invocations(which is super cheap to get with demonspawn's +3 invo aptitude) and healing on kills is incredible.

I would either go Okawaru or Makhleb.
>>
>>164503786
Wishlist for final Sil release ever:

>expanded throne room (for more options and sneaking around)
>stronger V and entourage (he should be almost impossible to kill)
>rebalanced viable smithing
>much harder endgame (900-950 should be pants-shitting)
>new vaults
>>
>>164505556
some gear is just better off given to pets
i cannot take advantage of critical damage because those scale off item weight
and im running a fairy bard build anyway
>>
>>164506749

>damage scale off item weight

only 2H is capable of doing this
>>
>>164505743
>>claws
>>hooves
>>horns

Why haven't they removed monstrous demonspawn yet?

No one likes them.
>>
>>164506898
which i still cant take advantage off because 2H stance only triggers when you wear anything over 4 stone
>>
>>164507086

Bows and guns are good damage, they don't need weight. Those flying scrolls might be a pain to farm though
>>
>>164506898
i checked the wiki for the crit damage formula
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_of_Mind
item weight of ammo and weapons does affect the crit damage
>>
I wonder how far I can get as a Death Sword under this particular mode...
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-04_00-00-38.png (54KB, 329x259px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-04_00-00-38.png
54KB, 329x259px
What will happen if I enter this room from the floor above?
>>
>>164512008
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>164512008
That's an interesting question. Try it and tell us!
I think it'll telefrag.
>>
>>164512258
The question is whether I telefrag or a monster telefrags. A lot of risk when I could go memorize LRD and blast my way in.
>>
>>164512428
Backup your save and try it.
>>
>>164512520
I'd still consider that cheating in the "I telefrag" case.
>>
File: 1467954521638.png (433KB, 360x408px) Image search: [Google]
1467954521638.png
433KB, 360x408px
>high elf conjurer
>finally find an altar of vehumet at D7
>encounter an orc pack
>move back to safe space
>orc warrior approaches
>blast with magic dart
>warrior enters searing ray range
>blast with ray
>the orc warrior is heavily wounded
>the orc warrior is severely wounded
>the orc warrior is almost dead
>the orc warrior hits you with a longsword!
>oh shit ray didn't kill it
>oh shit the orc is hitting me
>you cast magic dart
>the orc warrior is nearly dead
>the orc warrior hits you with a longsword!
>you die...

I can never get a blasty mage to lair.
>>
>>164512639
Mephetic Cloud. This is why Wizard is a better start than Conjurer.
>>
>>164459031

Are there two binding of issac games? Because the one I found by googling is nothing like this.
>>
>>164512639
Conjurer is easy as piss to get to lair, magic dart + searing ray carries you to battlesphere which carries you through lair,orc,dungeon,lair branches etc.

Maybe try something with more health than HE? New ogres in trunk have decent magic apts,Demigods are okay and maybe Naga too. As usual you'll want to stick to the stairs and fight near there, almost always.

>>164512902
Wizard is nothing compared to Conjurer, you don't even need any other spellbook other than the starting one to carry you to 2 runes and beyond.
>>
>>164512902

lol
>>
>>164512639
did you try literally walking away
>>
>>164513043
>New ogres in trunk have decent magic apts
>playing nucrawl

no thanks, fuck the devs

I've tried naga conjurers before, and they seemed lackluster due to basic +0 magic aptitudes for most spell schools and their slow speed making kiting and escaping an issue.
>>
>>164513657
I really should have evoked feet instead of trying to kill the orc warrior, yeah. Got too confident.
>find short sword of electrocution
>find buckler
>blasting most shit with missile and rays
>blasting ogres to death
>blasting orc priests to death
>everything's ez exp
>die
>>
>>164513691
those are definitely their weaknesses
breath is pretty much free early game success though, and their high health per level is really good in the lategame if you make it there. IMO their biggest weakness is the midgame.
>>
Okay.
Before I sperg out, does anybody want to watch a shitter play? Yes I'll no doubt be slow as fuck, and yes I'll probably make mistakes that will make you cringe, but that all just comes with the package unfortunately.
I'm going to play either a Deep Elf Air Elementalist or a Human Air Elementalist.

Interested?
>>
>>164514769
I assume you're the same HuAE anon as last time? Eh, sure.
>>
I grow stronger.
>>
File: oakfriend victory.png (474KB, 1149x889px) Image search: [Google]
oakfriend victory.png
474KB, 1149x889px
YAVP
>>
>>164515390

Congratulations senpai
>>
floatrand you here?

clouded says he got your stuff to compile on cygwin/linux, it needs ego.o and mon_display.o to be added to src/Makefile.src

This is exciting news for me because it's termcastable now, so I'll actually play it a lot more than I did just with the executable
>>
>>164514968
the required essences for slaying/resistance bonuses go up with form as far as I recall

so coffeebreak mode might be even harder than regular.
>>
>>164517537
Woah, nice.
>>
>>164517679
the essence requirements only increase for offensive shit: slays/brands/enchantment/+attacks
resists are safe and don't have increasing costs

although even then a deathsword's power is based a lot more on items than on xp
does coffeebreak have more item drops?
>>
>>164515390
How was dragging an unmodified Goblin to Tower 20
>>
>>164518265
Not too hard, but it did die twice. It doesn't have all that much potential, but I gave it chilling touch and a few other abilities to make it at least a little useful versus the fire enemies that appear late in the game. Given their stats and abilities, they'd probably have the most potential with on-hit physical passives and a whisper ability. They're easily outclassed, though. So far I think the zombie has the most potential of all of the level 1 demons only because of its huge HP gains.
>>
>>164517537
>>164518020
oh and mut_a.o also needs to be added
>>
hmm maybe some other odds and/or ends now that I got him switched over to the proper non-master branch. I should have held my tongue a moment and gotten it all together in one place for you.

I'll watch him fight this continued compilation and try to get a more cohesive thing together for ya
>>
File: shouldasummonednodensloser.png (47KB, 786x559px) Image search: [Google]
shouldasummonednodensloser.png
47KB, 786x559px
Unicorn, Nodens, and Morgoth still the big boys on my hit list. Nodens I've killed before and been killed by before, so this is crunch time.
>>
File: imma touch da nodens tho k.png (9KB, 1194x113px) Image search: [Google]
imma touch da nodens tho k.png
9KB, 1194x113px
>>164520267
sweet grory

nodens has killed pretty much everybody I think, excepting only people who have yet to get far enough to have the chance
>>
>>164520431
>about 100% of the time
>
>>
>>164520267
>280 AC
Pretty crazy, especially when you consider your slots.
>>
>>164520431
the one time i fought nodens he was a pushover because unlike just about every other lategame unique he doesn't resist stunning

there actually is a "stun brand" that exists, but it only shows up rarely on blunt weapons with the armageddon ego and on a single artifact

or you can just play a clubmaster or a mauler with the earthquake power or maybe some other shit
>>
okay he did get the correct branch to compile now, may just actually be the src/Makefile.src needing to have ego.o, mon_display.o, and mut_a.o added

there's a compile error at the end that, apparently (???) doesn't really matter

still a little mysterious to me, and I haven't tried compiling my own one yet

exciting, if confusing, times
>>
>>164520431
OH BABY, HOPE I'M NOT TOO NERVOUS TO QUAFF THAT *HEALING*

the unicorn summoned my old buddy plus god knows what else. 1 turn and a tele later and here we are. Looks like it's time to get the fuck outta here.
>>
File: male dick tor.png (10KB, 957x272px) Image search: [Google]
male dick tor.png
10KB, 957x272px
>Maldictors can curse stuff at level 7
>it doesn't do anything, or at least anything obvious
>Maldictors have innate spells
>they don't have the mana to cast them
>Maldictors' casting stat is Charisma
>this is not documented anywhere
>Maldictors are technically playable
>they don't do anything Maldict-y
Cool concept, poor implementation. apple lie you are self PPCBR dev
>>
>>164520869
armor realm for president
>>
Man, I just randomly remembered about that one smut image drew of a raicho girl a few months ago. It's real funny seeing what was likely the first rule 34 depiction of something.
>>
File: mist.png (8KB, 645x389px) Image search: [Google]
mist.png
8KB, 645x389px
Gravity hounds gave me two wounds earlier, this duder gave me two more rip. At least I still got the hang of mist stable.
>>164484072
If you want a fun hobby, check the artefact spoilers for the super OP shit that you'll never find ever.
>>
File: tehcostofedginess.png (22KB, 907x615px) Image search: [Google]
tehcostofedginess.png
22KB, 907x615px
Stuff like this makes me regret that Death-Swords only eat melee weapons up.
>>
>>164521437
at least he only cast manabolt instead of storm, heh

but don't armordargons get reflection?
>>
>>164522295
I'm glad it amused someone besides me
>>
>>164523148
I think reflection only works a percentage of the time - from my experience feels like about 80%
>>
>dcss prototyping a frog species
I'm interested again.
>>
>>164523831
>playing games about white supremacist hate symbols
>>
File: 718227151.jpg (77KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
718227151.jpg
77KB, 633x758px
IVAN > Stone Soup

WHO'S WITH ME?!
>>
>>164523950
>not playing games about white supremacist hate symbols
Where do you think you are, neonazi-non?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-03_20-29-12.png (19KB, 835x526px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-03_20-29-12.png
19KB, 835x526px
Which rune do I splat on?
>>
okay yeah the only 2 things pcbr needed were:
src/Makefile.src needs to have ego.o, mon_display.o, and mut_a.o added to it

dos2unix to fix the line endings in the autogen.sh file (your windows editor borked them)

cygwinfags have some other stuff to do that they always have to do when compiling pcb (namely in the configure and acinclude.m4 files changing ncursesw5 to whatever version they have) but otherwise, HOLY FUCK IT WORKS
>>
>>164524430

*crickets*
>>
File: cricket.jpg (1MB, 2282x2800px) Image search: [Google]
cricket.jpg
1MB, 2282x2800px
>>164524430
>>
>>164521534
i'm betting they just do undocumented stuff, but I just got my pcbr to work on cygwin and am grumpyexhausted so am not code diving right now
>>
>>164522462
>A BROKEN BACK RENDERS YOU GRAELESS
I'm getting ptsd flashbacks
>>
>>164523596
this is correct
if you and a monster both reflect, and you cast something like Vampirism True (which fires 3 separate bolts in one cast), you can get a long game of ping pong going on before they careen off or hit
>>
>>164526473
Thank goodness the dev who implemented it had players in mind. Imagine if both player and monster had 100% reflection.
>>
File: 1470171623385.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1470171623385.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
>deep elf conjurer
>almost got battlesphere castable
>take too much damage from wights
>low health warning
>kill last wight with ray
>go up stairs to rest in safety
>the centaur shouts!
>the centaur wields a glowing longbow
>the centaur fires an arrow of frost!
>the arrow hits you!
>you die...

JUST FAULT MY SHIT UP
>>
>>164527186

for conjurers you should learn the spells in this order,

1. magic dart, 2. searing ray.. and then you wait until lvl 5 to get battlesphere.
>>
File: d10.png (36KB, 1132x723px) Image search: [Google]
d10.png
36KB, 1132x723px
This floor seems to be a little crowded.
>>
>>164527356
That's what I did though. Failure rate was still too high to be castabe at level 5 though.

I probably could've gotten battlesphere castable sooner if I had realized sooner that I could train charms instead of just pumping 100% conjurations. As it was I had time and exp and spell slots to learn iskendrun's mystic blast and fulminant prism too.
>>
>>164527927

I normally keep just spellcasting and conjurations enabled until I get to lvl 5
>>
Ozu Armor or Cigo Embrace?

Finished with Lair and Orc. About to start Snake Pit.
>>
>>164529383
ozu

cigo is fucking obnoxious to maintain
>>
>>164529383
i believe cigo was nerfed to the point where it's mostly useless unless you have gigantic ziggurat-sized corpse piles to use it with
>>
>>164530427
>>164529935
So what you're saying is, Cigo is the anime choice, and Ozu is the piggu choice.

>ie I'll use ozu and if it ever expires in a fight, I'll use cigo to finish it out
But I'm thinking any situtation with Cigo > Ozu, you're probably fighting too much shit at once anyway.
>>
>>164505556
Yeah but they're pretty rare. For the majority of shit you're rerolling material with scrolls

>>164506745
There's no way to make smithing viable without some kind of convoluted cap system

>>164512639
Like, walk away if you can't IMB its AC yet dude. how can an orc warrior be real if your legs are real????

>>164522764
Dig up the salty fork that let deathswords and rings reforge.It was cool albeit retarded

>>164524815
I've 15-runed worse. Play carefully like you have worse gear to not be overconfident

>>164527186
Why didn't you give them the ol' razzle dazzle spray? You can also just mag dump imb then duck off instead of taking hits well before you have ev
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-03_23-11-43.png (22KB, 835x506px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-03_23-11-43.png
22KB, 835x506px
>Implying you're not trapped in here with me
This immo scroll is whispering in my ear.
>>
File: stopexplodingyourselves.png (26KB, 835x506px) Image search: [Google]
stopexplodingyourselves.png
26KB, 835x506px
>>164538023
>>
>>164538313
>>
where my tummy bois @
>>
>>164539736
dead
>>
File: 1422042881594.gif (458KB, 304x276px) Image search: [Google]
1422042881594.gif
458KB, 304x276px
>>164539902
>>
>tfw crawl keeps trying to punish me for being a noob who tries to use TSO the whole game

a bunch of uniques in random early dungeon places? alright, whatever.

but an ice dragon in Lair:2 is just mean. and of course I have no flaming weapons or cold resistance, so that's great, too!
>>
>>164540623
Why would you do that to yourself anon

earlygame TSO is basically NOGOD except you're banned from using useful things
>>
Could someone clear things up about attributes in DCSS?

Spellcasters just want to put every single point in INT because they don't need STR for armor or weapons, correct?
But then what about tabbers and stabbers? Is there a certain desired minimum STR and DEX? Do stabber still stack DEX or just STR anyway?
>>
>>164541474
>str
Get enough to not be encumbered by the armor you want to wear. Typically casters already have enough str.

>int
Unless you plan to be a tabber, dump into this.

>dex
Provides more bang for the point than str.

Now, more specifically, you want enough int to cast your desired late game spell safely, enough dex to get good ev, and enough str to wear your desired armor.

If you're playing Chei, you can be a tabber that dumps into int and casting midlevel spells in plate armor while holding a large shield.

Tabber
>dex -> int -> str

Caster
>int -> dex -> str
>>
Will Trog excom you for learning a spell or only for casting one?
>>
>>164541474
>Spellcasters just want to put every single point in INT because they don't need STR for armor or weapons, correct?

incorrect

int is the most offensive stat for spellcasters but they can also raise str so they can wear heavier armor without screwing up their failrates, or dex for more EV
>>
>>164542428
Both -- learning a spell will put you under penance, and casting a spell (whether you've learned it before joining Trog or whether it's the learned spell that previously put you under penance) also puts you under penance.

Once you go under penance (aka Trog is pissed at you), you can earn your previous piety level back by gaining piety as you normally would if you had 0 piety stars (i.e. there are no high level Invocations; in Trog's case, no Berserk/Hand/etc., but Burning Spellbooks is still allowed).
>>
>>164542557
I thought that spell failure from armor was exponential?
What's usually the heaviest armor pure spellcasters end up wearing?
>>
>>164544530
the heavier the better, it's all about how much you can invest in the skill and stat - most casters would be fine with troll leather or ring mail
>>
>>164542557
Is there a documented point where STR becomes better for success rates than INT in relation to armor encumbrance?
>>
>>164544530
Any if your stats are high enough.
http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/git/casual/morgue-casual-20150529-220834.txt
>>
>>164540623
TSO's fine. The shield and spamgels are great and the AoE and hel/mp on kill has its moments. The problem is you. You'll learn to recognize vaults and to run away from shit fights.

>>164541474
FDA's and below unless you got a good apt or chei
>>
>>164544530
Failrate does go up steeply as you go into heavier armors.

But having excess str gives you an encumbrance discount. Like having 30 str will make scale as encumbering as leather or something like that. There's an actual table of values that compares str to skill level and encumbrance.

It's entirely possible to cast high level spells in plate armor if you have enough str/int and a ring of wizardry or vehu.
>>
How does dcss sprint differ from the main game?
>>
>>164546808
the sprint maps are handmade 1-level areas that sort of represent a whole game, with like x10 xp and piety gain or something

so it's soooort of like playing a whole game of dcss in 15 minutes or whatever
>>
Servitor + Butterflies destroys Orbs of Fire. I thought they were supposed to be difficult but Servitors have good fire resistance so they usually win the 1v1 and butterfly spam keeps them from attacking/mutating you. Summon Butterflies is a very overpowered spell for a level 1. Zot:5 seems more tedious than scary now (luring with Stealth + Darkness).

I even grinded Fire Storm to 10% in the Abyss but it seems a waste of time because Servitor + LCS is better.
>>
>>164518203
Twice as many.

>>164521534
Yeah, the class implementations still need to be polished - maledicts and freelancers most direly.
Curses on monsters just attempt to apply bunch of debuffs ( including death rays and blood curses later on ), and curse item curses items which in turn boosts power.
I gotta fix them a bit once I get back home.

>>164521068
Funky.
>>
File: mist.png (14KB, 645x390px) Image search: [Google]
mist.png
14KB, 645x390px
noooooooo
>>
>>164547660
>not grinding Fire Storm in Zig
>>
File: mist.png (12KB, 644x388px) Image search: [Google]
mist.png
12KB, 644x388px
>>164548890
Fuck.
>>
File: mist.png (21KB, 647x391px) Image search: [Google]
mist.png
21KB, 647x391px
>>164548989
That said there's a give and take some times.
>>
>>164548989
Haha time to abandon floor. It have a light vulnerability or confuse on hit llike hummerhorns?
>>
>>164550731
Hits to disease.
>>
My second win.

This one started awfully. Ammo problems up until I reached vault. But things started looking up when I found a +8 Crystal Plate just lying around in lair. Then I could bludgeon my way to a scroll of acquirement that gave me a +5 Randart Triple Crossbow with Penetration. Smooth sailing from there.
>>
File: -67-1084 HP.png (257KB, 305x713px) Image search: [Google]
-67-1084 HP.png
257KB, 305x713px
>>
>play ring
>get 72% resist in acid, fire, cold while you're still stuck at 0% rElec
innate vulnerabilities are suffering
i already lost 2 wands to this shit
>>
File: 2NygfFH.jpg (93KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2NygfFH.jpg
93KB, 1920x1080px
How do I fill waterskins?

Redrock:4, this basically means I have endless amount of money, right?
>>
>>164554224
just stand in the wine and use the pick-up key
>>
Main reason of my death is the ghosts of my previous characters, I feel fucking stupid
>>
>>164554378
God, I'm an idiot. Thanks.
>>
>>164554459
Occasionally you should just play some strong berserker / undead characters to kill the dead.
Or just delete them.
>>
>Start HOFi
>encounter hobgoblin
>die
Shit. Didn't think I'd need my potion of might that soon.
>>
>>164554739
Once you kill them they don't come back? I feel like deleting is cheating desu
>>
>>164554856
ghosts *only* come back if you die on the same level as them

if you kill them or if you just run to the downstair and abandon them, they will disappear forever
>>
>>164554224
>Redrock:4, this basically means I have endless amount of money, right?
As long as you can haul it.
Wine isn't all that money-dense and requires containers.

There are more convenient ways of getting infinite money, such as buying niggaton of phials, going east of grit gate, finding the shroom forest with lava generators and getting lava.
>>
File: mist.png (16KB, 647x410px) Image search: [Google]
mist.png
16KB, 647x410px
I guess I didn't want to kill Bowie (rip) anyway.
>>
>>164507764

It doesn't affect the crit damage in itself like you think it is. Weight only affects if the attack will be a critical = true and based on equation on the wiki, it's actually detrimental if the weapon is heavier.
>>
>>
>>164561704
What will Dork the Summoner summon? A scroll of teleportation?
>>
>>164561704
Forget every spell so your ghost is free exp later and wield crappy weapon, like -9 dagger.
>>
How to remap to vi controls on Caves of Qud? I set h j k l to movement from the launcher, but it doesn't work for one reason or another.
Learning to use wasd or arrow keys after several years of exclusively using vi keys, while not impossible, seems pretty dumb.
>>
>>164563770
You can use AutoHotKey script to remap the keys.
>>
>>164565484
I figured it out, I was able to do it in the ingame options menu.
Weird how there isn't keybinding options in the main menu though.
>>
I was looking for Sil updates in /r/roguelikes and I saw this
I'm just gonna leave it here
https://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikes/comments/5lwdk4/i_realized_this_subgenre_is_already_growing_stale/
>>
>>164553261
Just buy elemental resist rings and amulets from the magic shop.

Rings have it easy compared to death swords in this respect.
>>
Any tips for Demonspawn Abyssal Knight?
>>
Splatted to quadruple slime. Didn't expect them to get that much stronger.
>>
>>164567283
4d22-4dAC tends to be easier than 1d88-dAC.
>>
Is this just me or the Crypt is the most fun branch in DCSS?
>>
>>164558948
>not getting a weapon from whiskers
fault

also, wood resisting fire??
>>
>>164567594
I agree.
>>
I'm playing a Gnome Mage in vanilla Angband and I'm running out of spells to learn. Do I have to wait for a new book to drop after the initial 4? Feels weird since I could learn 13 more spells at this point.
>>
>>164567594
Define "fun".
>>
>>164553261
There's a shop in zul that sells nothing but rings and amulets.
Go nuts.
>>
>>164567732
yeah the last 4 books are dungeon-drop-only books, the first 4 can be bought in town
>>
>>164567867
All right, thanks. Uniques are starting to become pretty annoying, since teleporting them is all I can do to keep them away.
>>
>>164567742
The maze-like structure and the knowledge that a dangerous pack of monsters with the increased noise keeps me on my toes but doesn't stress me out completely like staying in hell for too long. Lots of interesting monster mechanics too (one could call them gimmicks).
Some fun vaults at level 3.
>>
>>164567732
also one usually still has slots available after getting every spell because high intelligence

this is true in moth *bands

>>164568031
yeah teleport other is OP. Some day you'll get gravity beam and that shit is great.
>>
>>164568031
remember mages get bonuses to damage from devices so you can do some of that without going to zero mana casting your expensive offense spells and leaving you without defenses or utility
>>
imagine if DCSS had humans and Sigmund removed for being too boring
>>
File: it_rumours.png (14KB, 643x352px) Image search: [Google]
it_rumours.png
14KB, 643x352px
Okay, pushed some changes to PoschengbandR-branch.
Hopefully makefiles work properly now, although you might need to chance line-endings yourself ( I tried to change them in Notepad++, but git told that it changed CR LF, so crap luck ).

And also, while at it, I did something to androids to help their XP-gain and equipment options. Basically jewelry gives EXP now.
I am not going to do further changes to them yet, but for now, let's see how it goes. I guess result will be something like equipment-tetris.

Plus I also nerfed Ilu'Ros slightly, gave two offensive spells ( plasma bolt and fire ball ) to dilute spellpool, plus made it slightly slower.

I also made pseudo-branch the master branch, so there probably shouldn't be confusion about it anymore.
>>
>>164569381
yeah I found a rod of cold balls very early and it has been carrying me
>>
So is Sil officially abandoned now
>>
>>164571994
It's not abandoned, it became so elegant and polished that the devs were bloat and could be removed.
>>
>>164571994
naw i doubt it, half just had his first child last year
>>
>>164572818
I would unironically believe in that.
>>
>>164571092
thank you kind anon
>>
>high elf skald
>go down stairs to D3
>gnoll pack right next to the stairs
>the gnoll shouts! x3
>the gnoll throws a net!
>you are caught in the net!
>didn't even get a chance to act after using the downstairs
>can't go up stairs because caught in a net
>you struggle against the net
>the gnoll hits you x3
>low hit point warning!
>you slice the net!
>the gnoll hits you!
>you die...
>>
Sell me on CoQ. What's the appeal?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-04_17-17-06.png (571KB, 1280x985px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-04_17-17-06.png
571KB, 1280x985px
I was apporting the orb to the exit of Zot:5, and I was getting some nasty spawns, so I thought maybe the orb run effects start as soon as you touch the orb. So while I was trying to get it round the corner at the entrance to the vault part of the map I picked it up and the real orb run effects started and a pack of demonspawn spawned on one side and a Pan lord on the other. Luckily haste+butterflies let me escape, although not before getting hit by a torment.

The rest of the orb run was trivial, just haste and run. I agree with the devs removing wand of haste, it makes everything much too easy.
>>
>>164575126
>they went out of their way to ensure that the first turn on a new floor no longer belongs to the player
rude
>>
>>164576810
And thanks for /rlg/ advice used in getting this win.

Compared to Nethack, I think Crawl is a better game, but the endgame is very boring compared to Nethack's elemental+astral planes.
>>
>>164576810
>I thought maybe the orb run effects start as soon as you touch the orb
Yes, as of now.
>>
>>164576810
Removing wand of haste is OK, but removing wand of tele is very bad — it had an unique effect that is now out of the game — and this makes some zig levels a lot more dangerous.
>>
>>164567862
yeah but rings for elec resistance seem to never spawn in the town shops. I check frequently and I've never seen one

>>164567862
ahaha i first need to eat enough rings of levitation to get over the mountains
>>
>>164575126
IIRC you do get the first turn anyway. They can shout, but they can not actually do anything before you act. So you must've done something before getting netted. If this was an online game — tell me your name and I'll find the video.
>>
>>164580823
It was offline. It's 0.15, so it's not the latest version.
>>
>>164580694
>ahaha i first need to eat enough rings of levitation to get over the mountains
I think a flying mount works here too -- which is pretty much only angels.
>>
Learned this a moment ago through experimenting: Brogue *does* consider corroded items to be evil magic, the same way cursed items are.
Meaning it's possible to set heavily degraded equipment back to +0 with a Scroll or Charm of Negation. That came in handy!
>>
Kobolds are lizards. Not dogs.
This has been a /rlg/ PSA.
>>
>>164585605
I know that Japan has kobolds being shitty dog people due to old DnD monster manuals.
I'm not sure what they are in DCSS, look more like rats.
>>
>>164585786
Who would ever want to duck a dog
>>
>>164585786
>A small, greyish creature with the look and temperament of a feral dog.
Examining the basic kobold
>>
>>164585786
Japan also has orcs as pig people.

Japan's idea of fantasy is shit tier. All their original shit comes from the times when they believed wood to be an element or some shit like that. Everything afterwards is a bad copy of the west or a feverish dream of a brain dying from radiation.
>>
>>164585605
>literally have to be a ghoul to handle their rancid stench anyway
>>
>>164586536
anon please, lizards don't smell. They don't have sweat glans.
>>
>>164586278
Eramegaten is enjoyable and in ASCII, anon.
>>
>>164586536
It's not the stench, it's the diseases and poisons they carry.
They are like intelligent lizard-shaped cockroaches - they eat rotting, diseased flesh and tolerate it.
>>
>>164586626
lizards definitely have a certain weird smell, it's just not mammalian BO
>>
why is chaos such a useless damage type against non-uniques

i wish i still had my pet deathkight but he decided to fling me off and immediately summon a load of monsters around so i abandoned him instead of charming him back again
>>
>>164551047
nice job randomnameplayer

now play a caster combo and 15-rune it
>>
Hey, PCB-R works on linux now.
>>
>>164585605

according to legend, kobolds have fur not scales, therefore this is only true to those who follow shitting DnD logic.
>>
File: Thirsty kobold.png (350KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Thirsty kobold.png
350KB, 1280x1024px
>>164588293
yeah, but google "kobold" and you'll find 99 pictures of lizards.
So in the future, the people who think that kobolds are dogs will eventually die out and everything will be lizards.
>>
Is there a reason you can't play a tonberry mauler?
Is it because it's too strong or because of negative attacks?
>>
>>164590038
negative attacks, though it may not be a necessary ban anymore? Since now maulers get 1-3 blows, instead of exactly 1. But probably there are parts of the curve where, depending on weapon and stats, you get to 0.
>>
>>164590285
Tonberry ninja, then.
>>
>>164590038
it would be weak as shit even if you could pick it, anon

getting +100 damage per blow doesn't make a big difference when your normal state of affairs is making *one* blow for like 2000 damage.
>>
File: .jpg[1].gif (30KB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg[1].gif
30KB, 310x233px
>play MfIE
>die on N:4 wielding a randart trident because literally no other polearms spawned the entire game

>play MfBe
>find a glaive of flaming, a +1 bardiche, and the Glaive of Prune in a shop all before going into Lair
>>
File: 1480830973916.jpg (1MB, 1920x951px) Image search: [Google]
1480830973916.jpg
1MB, 1920x951px
>>164591501
Such is the curse of Random Number God
>>
Do people still play DoomRL?
I remember it changed a lot and became a bit of a drag.
>>
>>164592981
Yes, some people do.
You're right, it has lost some of it's charm.
>>
>>164593229
It's one of the few RLs I prefer without a tileset.
>>
>>164585605
They feel a bit too similar to lizardmen this way.
Then again they could be to lizardmen what goblins are to orcs -- a smaller, weaker, smarter, more creative version.
>>
File: Sleep time.png (185KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sleep time.png
185KB, 1440x900px
>Always *fun* rooms
Ninjas are absurdly OP.
>>
>>164593323
Personally I prefer all RLs without tilesets.
>>
>>164593345
That's pretty much what they are in DnD these days.
They're also often slaves/servants of dragons.

Frankly, with draconians in DCSS I don't really see the need for another reptilian race.
>>
File: 1463537669256.png (263KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463537669256.png
263KB, 341x500px
>>164591501
>play anything other than a naga or centaur
>constantly find a naga barding or centaur barding on D1 to D3

>play a deep elf caster
>find 3 large shields and crystal plate armor on D1
>>
>>164594051
I mostly play DCSS like the pleb that I am and the tileset version just spoiled me.
>>
File: tengu.jpg (334KB, 781x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tengu.jpg
334KB, 781x1100px
>>164585786
>>164586278
>a Tengu isn't actually a bird person

mind was fuckin blown
>>
The new orc quest reward is fucking shit.
What was wrong with the elven cloak?
>>164594394

DO NOT
>>
>>164594394
they were originally called Kenku which are dandd birdpeople, but they were renamed to make them sound more original i guess

>>164595164
idk chris thought it was OP i guess?
the new cloak of stealth is pretty much only an upgrade if you have nothing at all in the slot
>>
File: Eh.png (132KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Eh.png
132KB, 1440x900px
>Sting reforge is kinda shit but at least doesn't have extra light and slays almost everything

I'll take it.
>>
>>164595813
should have just saved sting until you could get you hands on a lamp of darkness

that attack speed is really nice man
>>
>>164596509
>should have just saved sting until you could get you hands on a lamp of darkness
I'm playing with randarts.
>>
>>164596631
oh ok

why'd you call it a reforge if it was a randart tho
>>
>>164596853
Because randarts are literally (technically) reforges of standarts.
They follow the same code.
>>
File: The little tonberry who dared.png (88KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
The little tonberry who dared.png
88KB, 1440x900px
Crazy.
I'm just being suicidal at this point.
>>
>>164596853
all-randarts mode exchanges the standarts for reforges of each standart onto an item of the same base type

those games still can spawn true randarts too though
>>
File: shit.png (306KB, 1353x719px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
306KB, 1353x719px
>tfw you spend a bunch of gold on shitty shortsword and then come across this
>>
>6 fucking ogres at DL3
killed 5 without trouble and the last one twoshots me
>>
>>164599092
Ah, yes.
The dreaded speed 10 monster.
If only you hadn't sacrificed your feet to Ru.
actually with the new bezotted change that's not gonna be a meme anymore.
>>
>>164599092
Nice fault
>>
>>164599092
>Visions of slaying the ogre fill your mind!
>you can't just walk away from the ogre!
>>
>>164592981
classes, item bloat and ammo regen rework were mistakes.
>>
>>164600047
What I dislike the most is how long it became compared to before.
>>
>>164600839
Well that comes with item bloat and in some cases ammo regen delay. Was there some version with less floors before?
I've started playing at late 0.8 or early 0.9 and, while there were two parts instead of three, overall number of floors was the same, except you had way less time wasted on build decisions, just took whatever rng gave you.
>>
I just cleared Redrock and brought the wire to Angwye. Where do I head now?
>>
>>164598418
>randart

probably shittier than what you have, though, especially considering it's a rando Dungeon drop. At least you didn't spend money on armor.
>>
>>164599624
>actually with the new bezotted change that's not gonna be a meme anymore
>playing nucrawl

fault
>>
bug/issue reports for pseudoelliposchengbandR freelancers (passing along from clouded, I'm trying maledict a bit myself though)

-"boosting melee attack seems wrong, 5 on the first raise and then 1 on the subsequent ones"
-"riding/martial arts seem buggy"
-"you only get Encumbrance from gloves after raising the armor skill"
-"Armageddon isn't included with the standard realms"
>>
>>164601295
>Was there some version with less floors before?
Game used to end at the Cyberdemon. It used to therefore be 1/3 shorter with no hell.
>>
>>164599937
Literally nothing wrong about that
>>
>play lategame PCB
>nearly ready for the serpent, but I'd better quit and fight him while well rested and alert tomorrow
>ah, but I've still got time before bed
>play Brogue for an hour
>have a great session, but now it's bedtime
>next day
>pick up Brogue again
>die not 3 minutes later

This is a sign not to play PCB today, right? It's an omen? A message from the gods?
>>
>>164605501
But anon, each part was 10 floors, now it's 3*7.
>>
>>164607605
probably a message from It.
>>
>>164610349
i dont believe it!
>>
>>164604468
Thanks.
>>
>>164611265
Wait, apparently it was not even 2*10 but 2*12
https://drl.chaosforge.org/w/index.php?title=Tower_of_Babel&oldid=632
Cyberdemon dlevel was 25
>>
Deathswords should get melee skills (Whirlwind pls) and an amulet slot.
>>
>>164614730
and a guaranteed eternal blade every time they kill a monster with a time ability too amirite
>>
>>164615405
I don't know what that is. I was saying melee skills because I played a Vortice and Whirlwind was cool, and the amulet slot because there's no reason one couldn't be tied to the hilt of the sword.
>>
>deep elf conjurer of vehumet
>vehumet offers me knowledge of mephitic cloud
>vehumet offers me knowledge of ignite poison

ooh baby
>>
>>164615723
ah I was just exaggerating
The Eternal Blade is by far the rarest item in the game, a 7d7 (+32, +32) diamond edge with +2 str/con/speed, rTime, regeneration, sharpness, and a 2x-damage time brand against creatures not resistant to time

basically it's the best sword in the game, and I've never seen or even heard of it dropping...you need a Diamond Edge to generate first (and it's one of the rarest base item types), then for it to roll to be an artifact on top of that
>>
>>164616383
It also gives Time Lords ez-magic.
>>
>>164615723
>there are rings that activate for Whirlwind Attack
>they have a 500 turn cooldown
who balanced this game
the only useful thing about whirlwind/massacre/etc is spamming it to kill rooms full of trashes like trolls
if you can only activate it once, it's only useful against things that you can oneshot. and why would you bother spending an equipment slot to deal with shit that is already a pushover

and then there's shit like demigods being able to get massacre as one of their perks, or wild-talents getting it at 45 in place of actual amazing shit like wallwalking or confusing lights

why does the game overvalue the ability so much
>>
>>164617193
speaking of overvaluing, scrolls of enchant armor and enchant weapon and many other utility scrolls spawn on such depths they are useless by that point
>>
>>164619142
yeah that shit should be reworked

- scrolls of normal enchant armor/weapon should bring the item up to the maximum that you could have enchanted it to in town
- scrolls of *enchant* should bring it up to that and then add a guaranteed +1 on top, up to the max potential enchantment of +15 (which is already what the cap is, except it would take hundreds of scrolls to reach it)

this would probably be OP with arrows though, idk what to do about those
>>
>>164619142
knowing nothing about *band history, my hypothesis is that early *bands didn't have town weapon/armor/arrow upgrades
>>
File: igrowstronger1000x.png (22KB, 907x614px) Image search: [Google]
igrowstronger1000x.png
22KB, 907x614px
Ahh h*ck yea
>>
>>164622068
is deathsword enjoyable on coffeebreak mode?
>>
>>164619142
I wish a lot of this stuff would be rebalanced, but I doubt it will be.

>worthless spells and class powers
>most activations being a waste of artifact power
>consumables that are too rare and too easily removed to be useful (giant strength, stoneskin)
>items that are too deep to be useful (the mentioned enchant scrolls, low tier dragon scale mail)
>all the town quests nobody does because the reward is junk
>>
File: hot stuff victory.png (300KB, 1147x887px) Image search: [Google]
hot stuff victory.png
300KB, 1147x887px
Definitely not my best victory, but whatever, man. Whatever.
>>
File: knightsofthejusttable.png (61KB, 907x614px) Image search: [Google]
knightsofthejusttable.png
61KB, 907x614px
>>164622068
Ahh h*ll no

>>164622412
The loot quality/quantity is a good deal better then normal, so it's maybe worth a shot. I was enjoying it UNTIL this point.
>>
File: maximumfaultinc.png (25KB, 907x617px) Image search: [Google]
maximumfaultinc.png
25KB, 907x617px
>>164623204
Why didn't I evoke feet faster before?
>>
>>164620270
MOST *bands don't have town enchanting services
in vanilla your only options to get bigger plusses are finding better gear or reading scrolls
well maybe there's a spell too, idk

>>164622604
DSM should be rebalanced to have actually powerful activations
in vanillaband it can be a nice option to have some damage when you already have rBase from some other piece of gear, but PCB's multiple-pip system means slots without any resistances are a lot worse
it would be neat if it was trading defense for some neat offense, except most of the breaths are actually really shitty damage for the point you get them.

>>164623616
i really hope you didn't go to camelot without -TO
>>
>>164623616
didn't even realize those pricks could spawn in Angband

thanks for the info
>>
File: 400k ring.png (74KB, 1132x722px) Image search: [Google]
400k ring.png
74KB, 1132x722px
This seems kind of bad for a 23.4k power ring.

And antimagic blocks my dragon powers, of course.
>>
>>164625630
coffeebreak mode uses no_wilderness, which (at least, with elliptic's changes, which are in pcb-r) then allows dungeon specific monsters to spawn in Angband, since it's the only dungeon around
>>
>>164625642
i dunno that's pretty solid for non magic users
>>
>>164625642
what does anti-magic do besides cancel out player spells? Is it just magic resistance?
>>
>>164627448
huge bonus to saving throw, which protects you from the side effects of a lot of monster spells and abilities
>>
>>164627448
it gives a huge bonus to your saving throw, so you will usually resist things like hand of doom, mind blast, cause mortal wounds, etc
>>
oh yes, and most importantly BLOOD CURSES!
>>
File: ffs.png (4KB, 562x119px) Image search: [Google]
ffs.png
4KB, 562x119px
>You feel there is something special about this level.
>>
>>164628496
imo v important to find the fishingpole
then you can sleep at the inn, purchase breakfast, then buy some food and drink for your picnic and head over to a little lake on the surface before heading back to the inn for the night.

I try to give every character of mine at least one such day, which in the face of all the slaughter and danger of their work-lives I'm sure stands out as a gleaming memory.

Be kind.
>>
>>164628496
you need to keep it so you can equip it after killing the serpent for your winner dump

don't forget to throw Darnya and the Golden Hammer in there too!
>>
>No Level 7 Ice magic
>No Level 8 Ice magic
>Glaciate worst Level 9 spell by far

Is there any point in training Ice beyond the level 6 spells?
>>
File: dck.png (266KB, 1312x722px) Image search: [Google]
dck.png
266KB, 1312x722px
ugh this guy
>>
>>164635152
damn that's unlucky. Your helmet and gloves had cold resistance, right?

My rule of thumb is that Ice Caves and Volcanoes are way too dangerous to go into without at least rC++ or rF++ respectively. And they're not really worth it, pound for pound.
>>
>>164635152
For sale: Many consumables. Never used.
>>
Last time I played DCSS a few years ago, there was this prevailing meme that all stats were useless except for DEX and that you should never level STR under any circumstances. And if you were a hybrid class like a Skald you should just ignore INT and dump everything into DEX. I think this was around Gargoyles being releasd.

So, is that still true? Is DEX still the king of stats?
>>
>>164635152

How is losing 1v1 with IMB+Battlesphere even possible?!
>>
>>164636016
str was buffed and plays a bigger role in determining your damage now. it used to be some combination of str+dex based on the weapon type

also good for armor ofc
>>
>>164636016

The only single time you should care for Dex/EV as a melee is when you're using Long Blades. Otherwise it's either pure Str or majority on Int and always nothing on Dex because it is bloat.
>>
File: neatamulet.png (17KB, 908x614px) Image search: [Google]
neatamulet.png
17KB, 908x614px
Always neat to find something like this
>>
>ring mimics can't use capture balls
life is suffering
>>
File: 1481265699516.jpg (71KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481265699516.jpg
71KB, 800x450px
>>164638549

Does armor skill reduce armor penalties in DCSS? As a mage, should I bother training the skill?

Found a nice ring mail but my spell failure is not as good as it used to be.
>>
>>164638442
you put it on, right?

>>164638846
yes and yes, but im not sure what that has to do with pokeballs
>>
>>164636016
DEX is now the least useful stat, because its effect on evasion, to-hit, stealth, and damage all take relatively harsh step down functions and penalties in different ways, mostly centered around the number 24 on dex.

STR counteracts a lot of the EV and to-hit penalties of wearing armor, effectively functioning better than DEX for anybody wanting defenses of any kind. STR also gets better weight for damage on the most desirable end game weapons.

INT is still the most valuable stat for anybody who wants to cast spells. INT is a massive multiplier on spellpower, and having high INT does a lot to getting spells online sooner in the early game, meaning significantly less skill investment is required. The only downside to INT is that it has no impact on any martial action whatsoever. Even so, even hybrid melee-spellcasters who want to go extended get 10x the value by pumping INT over STR or DEX.
>>
Is there a god in DCSS that can effectively make up for a lack of spellcasting purely with invocations?
Note that by invocation I'm disregarding Trog.
>>
>2017
>still playing DCSS
>Not playing CoQ

Why do you have such shit taste?
>>
>>164638846
Armor skill and strength both alleviate some encumberance-related spellcasting failure.

>>164639183
Okawaru? They're considered the best melee god (after Trog for some; above Trog for others).
>>
File: aseriesofunfortunateevents.png (24KB, 572x393px) Image search: [Google]
aseriesofunfortunateevents.png
24KB, 572x393px
I really don't like this floor at all.
>>
>>164639183
I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Are you trying to replace utility spellcasting for fighters, which isn't even required to beat DCSS- it's literally Trog and TSO

Are you trying to replace spellcaster nuking and not pairing it with any melee? Qazlul at high invo comes close, but you'll run out of piety if that's all you're relying on. There's also Memelex, who can certainly win you a non-conformist 3 rune
>>
>>164639202
I gave up on Qud around a week ago.
>>
File: theaudacityofthisgame.png (11KB, 908x615px) Image search: [Google]
theaudacityofthisgame.png
11KB, 908x615px
>on a floor with DAGON and quest for SMAUG
>game gives me this smug message

No fuck you game, I'm warping my edgy bladed ass right out of here.
>>
File: 2017-01-05-005801_1596x874_scrot.png (421KB, 1596x874px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-05-005801_1596x874_scrot.png
421KB, 1596x874px
Second time ever in Zot:5, and I genuinely feel like I'm going to fault. I suppose that's a good thing: at least I'm not overconfident...
>>
ok neat i nabbed an archon to ride on from the antimelee cave

his manabolt can only do like 80% of my maxhp so im sure standing in front of him and spamming charm was perfectly safe

now how do i coax him into spamming invulnerability forever
>>
File: KNIGHTED.png (10KB, 908x615px) Image search: [Google]
KNIGHTED.png
10KB, 908x615px
Welp, that's over now.
>>
>>164640212
if you go with that awful protection brand sure you gonna splat

vamp is the best brand for zot 5 and holy for the ascencion
>>
File: 2017-01-05-015725_1596x874_scrot.png (609KB, 1596x874px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-05-015725_1596x874_scrot.png
609KB, 1596x874px
YEEEEEAAAA BOIIIIII, FIRST FUCKING WIN EVER

MiMo^TSO, too!!!!!!

>>164643303
Nah, protection was good for the most part. I honestly switched between it (for most stuff, especially Orb Guardians), eudemon blade (liches), and the freezing triple sword (orbs of fire) to clear Zot:5.

But yeah, I learned pretty quickly that Holy Wrath was good for the ascension, especially since a PanLord blocked my path out. But a couple of Cleansing Flames and whacks of my eudemon blade cleared it out without too much hassle.
>>
>>164643649
congrats.first win is always the best

protection is good only for the early dungeon mostly

generally rule is,the faster you kill it the less a threat it will be,so you dont go with defensive brands for the late game

also Monk is an unarmed combat choice and TSO an extended game god

now try a MiFi of Gozag switching before Crypt to TSO and try to go for the extended.Its gonna be fun.I remember being memserised during my first 15 runer
>>
>>164643989
>Monk is an unarmed combat choice
what version are you playing anon

are there still rods in it
>>
>>164644067
I play 0.19.0

Yes there are still rods
>>
>>164643989
I found Monks to be an underrated choice for a background, though: you can start with a weapon now (including a rare-in-early-Dungeon weapon like a falchion). Plus, the boost to Int makes any chance of going brainless very slim. And of course, starting with two piety stars (or skipping Gozag's entrance fee) is an obvious benefit, especially since post-Temple to mid Lair can sometimes be stingy with piety opportunities, depending on the God.

I liked TSO because being able to summon Angels/Daevas is legit as hell. The boost to accuracy, not needing to worry about seeInv, and frequent Divine Shield/Cleansing Flame invokes were nice, too. I'll definitely admit that not getting gifts sucked: it was one of the main reasons I stuck to/enchanted the protection great sword, since I never found a better long blade until the Depths or so. Still, I was able to manage with what I had.
>>
>>164623160
That's an odd looking skill setup

Is warmth+malleable really that good?
>>
>>164645804
it seems like it could be a fun meme build if you stuck warmth + maybe ignite on all your demons
>>
>>164638846
frog tum
>>
>>164639423

jesus christ
>>
>>164639202
CoQ is weirdly linear for such a open game. It just feels like you're on rails for most of the game.
>>
>>164639202

>lets play an unfinished RL with no win condition

its got potential but it just sort of fades into nothing after bethesda, unless you want to go duel the robot army and its 1000 missile launchers
>>
I swear the ghosts of my previous characters hit better than when I actually played them
>>
>>164649941

So what do you plan to do now? Will you still try to kill them despite this new knowledge?
>>
>>164650160
of course, I can't just let their spirits roam the dungeon restlessly for eternity
>>
File: more cowbell.png (48KB, 732x389px) Image search: [Google]
more cowbell.png
48KB, 732x389px
Should I swap out my sword&board and attempts to use a shield for a +9 triple sword of antimagic?
>>
>>164650719
yeap,especially if you're aiming for extended

higher damage output>shield
>>
>>164650882
Thanks.
One temporary problem with antimagic: it drops my MP to 6 so I can't use both Heroism and Finesse yet. I think I'll swap after a level or two when I'll have 7

And no, I haven't even won a 3-runer yet, so I'm not aiming at extended.
>>
>>164651108
try not to use the triple sword until its min delay -2.(its at 24 if I remember correctly).You dont want to be using a slow weapon

anyway antimagic will effectively nullify most threats of the game like OoF or ancient liches so find some rF++ for Zot and one + for everything for V5 and you're good
>>
>>164651348
I'm at 22 LB now, so it's fine.
Got almost raped in Shoals, ported out... gotta rethink my strategy
>>
>>164651520
If you have already one rune go do V 1-4

Shoals are nasty if you dont know what you're doing and without Rmsl
>>
>>164651684
I've never been to the Shoals before, thought they might be as easy as Swamp. I was sorely mistaken.
Got murdered in Snake because of my own stupidity. I probably should've gone to sleep by now instead
>>
I found a Wand of Domination and a Charm of Shattering.
Should I go up a few floors, trade Firebolt for Healing, and go full ally build or even Jellymancer?
>>
>>164655124
Nvm I'm a fucking idiot, Domination and Healing were in the same vault and I just wasted that nutrition. Wish Brogue replays weren't restricted to finished games so I could have checked.
>>
>>164639202
The ASCII version available on the website doesn't work for me, so I don't much want to pay money to see if the current version does. Also all the screenshots I've seen have a hideous blue-green tint, suggesting someone has gone out of their way to make it look worse than plain ASCII.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (296KB, 1831x984px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
296KB, 1831x984px
Truly the greatest spell
>>
>>164658080
The tint and other filters can be manually changed to whatever color you want and tiles can be disabled.
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (182KB, 1828x980px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
182KB, 1828x980px
>Ice magic isn't even goo-
>>
>>164551594
KSBD rogue-like when
>>
So do we actually talk about good Roguelikes in this general or is it just DCSS?
>>
>>164664000
talk about whatever you want, people have played it
>>
>>164664000
this thread is for tummies
>>
>Trog grants you a gift!
>+10 dire flail of make your follower a retard because who chooses int when going trog
>>
Any new interesting roguelikes in the last half year?

Did the Prospector Roguelike get any interesting additions?
>>
>>164664893
cogmind
>>
How do the stat systems differ from game to game? Like, how do they actually change the numbers or probabilities on what you do?
>>
>>164665589
I heard it's pretty shit and not worth the pirce.
>>
>>164665896
well, it's still indev so we'll see how it ends up
>>
How do you go about naming characters /rlg/?
Heroic and epic?
Silly and stupid?
I always go for something in here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29768571/Name%20Generator.html
>>
>>164664893
a few folks from this thread have made an easier, faster, and more content-heavy version of poschengband (this one repo has elements drawn from elliptic, marvinpa, genericpseudonym, floatrand, and possibly others?)

https://github.com/floatRand/PoschengbandR/
https://github.com/floatRand/pseudoposchengbandR_release

It's still fairly experimental and may need balancing (it probably makes some things too easy relative to the base game beyond just quality of life improvements, but I've only gotten 3 characters into it so far, so we'll see...elliptic was complaining about how a lot of the core changes are just making things easier for not much reason, though I'm not convinced that taking 30 hours to reach level 50 was an interesting kind of difficulty)
>>
>>164666315
How hard is it to get into?
>>
>>164666315
Well, yeah, it kinda makes things easier, since my biggest motivator has been 'what I don't like in PCB and how can I change it'. Like trying to reduce amount of late-game grinding, making nexus not a potential character-killer and making leveling less a chore. The purpose is not really to make it easier, but less tedious to play. Being bit easier is kinda side-effect of it, since less time spend grinding is less time chancing of getting fucking killed.

I haven't yet thought of how to make it harder in way that would make the game more fun.

The content I have added is obviously unbalanced, mostly because I haven't had much time for playtesting. I don't have any further ideas for class additions, so I should be trying to balance those out, at least. I have some other things to focus on, though...

I have also noted that you are getting some feedback from Elliptic/Clouded. Is this on some IRC-channel? Thanks for shilling my fork.

>>164666615
There isn't much difference in PCB and PCBR. If you haven't played *bands, it might be bit mystifying, but if you have, you should pick it relatively quickly.
>>
>>164662527
What spell?
>>
>>164666074
i just use my online username for all the characters.
>>
File: 1433265412265.jpg (517KB, 1748x1460px) Image search: [Google]
1433265412265.jpg
517KB, 1748x1460px
>>164666074
>>
>>164666074
I name my character after food.
>>
>>164666074
The default/random.

All good games allow some default option.

All my characters in Demon were named "Player"
>>
File: tsbadb.png (12KB, 274x266px) Image search: [Google]
tsbadb.png
12KB, 274x266px
>play runescape
>cant escape MiFe
>>
>>164667201
heya, yeah I'm also not totally sure what the right solution is to reduce length/tedium while keeping up difficulty. It's certainly true that *bands (and to some degree roguelikes in general, but the *bands are famous for it) are balanced partly around how a long game gives the players more time to make lethally poor choices or to have a bad monster turn fuck them. It's not a trivial design problem, and it's one I've run into in a lot of different areas in other games too. I'm also not really complaining about it being experimental and thus unbalanced, it was just a caution to the anon that things may change.

Yeah, I'm a ##sil regular (freenode IRC channel). I often hesitate to name the channel in this thread because I don't want to be the known source of shitposters joining. I expect you'd be very much welcome if you want to come...other anons have before, and been good citizens about it.
>>
also part of the issue is with the notele monsters, which are kindof...intended to be notele

TO is already insanely powerful in pcb (and, like, all you need to win Vanilla practically)
>>
So I was trying to get my pet to steal shit for me from a shop for the first time but it didn't work.
I rewarded my dog with corpses immediately after it dropped stuff close to me a couple times (maybe 4 times?). I found a shop that had a bag. I picked up every item from the shop, stuffed it all into the bag (in the meantime my pet was happily picking up store items and dropping them again) and left the shop. I waited and waited but the doggo wouldn't bring me the bag. Was it just too heavy? It didn't pick up any other items either after I put everything in the bag.
I'm pretty annoyed that I wasted all this time waiting, it was a pretty good game. Same-aligned altar on the first dungeon level, lots of uncursed items, lantern and sack in the store, some leprachauns.

Also I keep reading you should stand just outside the shop; does that mean like in the screenshot? Because my pet would drop items inside the shop (which doesn't help) or inside the doorway (between the "wall" tiles) which is where you're greeted by the shopkeeper – so doesn't that mean it's part of the shop?
>>
File: scrot_20170105_183625.png (1KB, 82x127px) Image search: [Google]
scrot_20170105_183625.png
1KB, 82x127px
>>164670831
Hurr durr screenshot
>>
Well, I'm a demigod in D:11 who's been relying on a lucky whip of elec drop followed by an even luckier +4 ring of slaying. I even dropped my only enchant weapon on it. But it looks like the damage's falling out fast. I once read someone here saying you could get demon weapons early to make one handed more viable, does anyone know how that is done other than diving to fucking depths and buffing to high holy heaven to kill a hell knight?
>>
>>164670978
it doesn't refer to a specific tile outside the shop AFIAK, you just don't want to be too far away. It's possible that you're just having bad luck, but it's also possible the bag is too heavy.
>>
File: pet weight limits.png (70KB, 1257x732px) Image search: [Google]
pet weight limits.png
70KB, 1257x732px
>>164670978
>>
>>164671862
>warhorse is stronger than a balrog
>>
>>164670661
Yeah, I am well aware how busted TO is, but I felt that immunity was way too drastic. I think 1/2 would have been appropriate additional flat failure-rate, so you can risk it, but that is also a 50% chance of eating a mana storm or something like that - mind that it is on top of the regular resist-chance of teleport-resistant monster.
But thinking more, players could try teleporting away unique with pack, tele out if it fails and try again... I probably should think more about it.
>>
File: volcano.png (349KB, 1510x810px) Image search: [Google]
volcano.png
349KB, 1510x810px
>>164671668
This volcano is fucking hardcore. No clue of what to do now
>>
>>164672682
It matters more for vaults, I think. If there's a teleport immune unique you can't kill in a vault, you have to either lead it away and try to destruct it or pass on the loot.

Unlike in vanilla where you can just teleport everything dangerous away.
>>
>>164672094
That makes more sense than a large cat being able to carry almost as much as a horse.
>>
>>164666315
whats the difference between those two ?
>>
>>164673848
That's a good point, too.
>>
>>164672682
I mean, there are other answers to tele immune monsters. Teleporting yourself, using destruction, etc.

I still think this may be too easy, but: could also have something similar to how genocide/destruction work. Each time a monster successfully saves against one of those effects, there's a (probably too small) chance for it to become immune. But really there aren't many horrible immune-to-tele nonunique monsters outside of, what, the high beholders? Obviously, that also depends on how strong your character is too. But I've almost never randomly died because I couldn't evade a tele immune monster.

Also it super trivializes a lot of the Serpent fight. One of the major things that makes the J so much harder than Morgoth (both in PCB and, of course, in Vanilla) is that you can't just teleport the J away and destroy the things it summoned, you have to teleport yourself away and try other difficult and not entirely reliable shenanigans. Also, it makes the dungeon entrance guardians that used to be unteleportable easily cheesed...which may be part of the point, if you don't like the guards I guess.

>>164674254
one is the code, the other is a precompiled binary
>>
also yeah you totally should drop by ##sil to discuss/argue this with the folks, myself included, there too. But having discussion in this thread is important too, since probably most of pcbr's players are from here. ##sil is small, but it's pretty fucking stacked (excepting myself...) so it could lead to some interesting and productive talk.
>>
>>164674337
Yeah. I guess I will revert the change and/or think something else.
>>
>>164664000
Oh, hey, I remember posting this in /lite/.
>>
>>164674719
should garner other opinions too though...

at the very least, the J should be truly immune though, I feel quite strongly about that. Also, it may just make sense to change the saving throw or whatever.

I don't just take up a stance to make the thing change, I'm trying to provoke ideas from myself/the thread/yourself. So yeah, don't take it badly or unilaterally.
>>
>>164674629
Alright, I'll drop in minute.

>>164674810
Well, yeah. Serpent is probably biggest hurdle now. Maybe I could make the saving throw scale in manner. For example, it is 50% when plev = mlev, and ascends to hit 100% at plev + 40 or something.
It should make it at least less reliable, while still remaining somewhat viable in dispelling pesky uniques.
>>
>>164675007
keep in mind that one thing with tele other against monsters in a controlled dungeon setup (as opposed to, say, after a summon or a disintegration ball/breath) is that the player can abuse the knights-move LOS asymmetry to get 2 free chances at it, assuming speed parity and no badluck energy randomization
>>
Easiest Sil build to get to an easy victory?
>>
>>164671668
Dive to Depths and kill a devil somehow.

>>164673269
Read blink, move below the ogre and blast it with acid if you need to. Run like a baby and ascend back to the dungeon, you can't win here.
>>
File: bullshit amulet.png (344KB, 1508x810px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit amulet.png
344KB, 1508x810px
>>164673269
Okay, very narrowly beat them and got out with a cloak of rF and a few axes for hydras. Forgot to take a great mace. Found a manual of M&F.

And what the FUCK is this thing?
>>
>>164675506
Sorry man, the tab took me over before I read your advice
>>
>>164664893
website for prospector is http://www.prospector.at/

the homepage is still showing the date for the "annual roguelike release party" in September 2016, meanwhile the last actual release was Dec 2014

so at some point in 2016 the dev came back just long enough to announce he was gonna release something and then he got hit by a bus or something
>>
>>164675491
3353 Fingolfin or whatever the +con elves are called
Melee + evasion, add some will and then songs lategame

Alternatively Stealth + listen elf for faster win
>>
>>164667201

do >>164620105
>>
>>164664143
>filename
w-what
>>
>>164676028

armor or evasion?
>>
>>164670831
the doorway doesn't count as in the shop

if you aren't sure you can always pick up the items and then look in your inventory to see if they're {unpaid}
>>
>>164675591
Senpai, switch that whip out asap to a good mace or something. It's not going to be good for much longer, because the base weapon type is complete ass, even if it has the elec brand.
>>
>>164675491
3/3/5/3 noldor house of fingolfin
1) pump the shit out of melee and evasion skills
1.5) *optionally* get lore master for quality of life upgrade, though it's less of a big deal in mpa-sil, and also not as important if you're new to the ID game and it's still kindof interesting and not old and annoying
2) ignore those cool looking abilities, keep pumping melee and evasion stats
3) no really, you don't need those abilities until like 450'-550' ish, even though they sound cool, getting +1 on killdudes and dundie is better
4) then pick up dodging, flanking, zone of control, maybe charge
5) abuse the shit out of flanking by walking past monsters and getting free hits all over the place, plus charge works on flanking attacks that are at the right approaching angles
6) get some will, maybe perception
7) eventually get Song of Slaying, Strength, and Constitution (those last 2 have lotsa prereqs)
8) get down to 950' and scum it for items/consumables (not necessary, definitely not considered stylish, but a first win is kindof nice to be overpowered). If you want to carry the Iron Crown to the surface, make sure you have plenty of excess strength potions because that shit is heavy and you need perma !Str to carry it up basically
9) find two sharpness weapons if you can (the armor piercing is important vs lots of enemies, especially Morgoth and his crown)
10) Go to throne room, walk to center, buff up, start singing, and beat the shit out of mobs to build slaying bonus
10) kill Morgoth, pry shit out of his crown
11) Get back to surface (revelations is nice because it maps shit so you can waste less time) then kill Carcharoth
12) Congrats you did it, post your dump to oook and then try a harder approach or play Halls of You Fail The Alchemy Test (Halls of Mist)
>>
>>164674337
>But really there aren't many horrible immune-to-tele nonunique monsters outside of, what, the high beholders?

There aren't any immune-to-tele nonunique monsters in the first place. (other than spellwarp automatons which are immune to everything...)

The game only has one flag for tele resistance, If the monster is unique it has a 100% chance to resist, otherwise it rolls to see whether the tele succeeds.
>>
>>164676514
You also have to consider the now 10-12 +slay
>>
Anyone can recommend some gud rogue games on smartphone.
Exept pixel dungeon.
>>
>>164676291
Not getting hit is better than getting hit for not much
But heavy armor use is fun too and gives extra xp to use, you dont really need it on an elf though
>>
>>164676657
vanilla NetHack and Angband both exist for smartphone. The NetHack app's swiping key stuff is dumb, just use the keyboard, ditto for Angband. I think NetHack's user input interface is better than the Angband one from my limited experience with them.

I've also heard good things about Hoplite from a couple anons, though I've only played like 5 minutes of it
>>
>>164676657
There's a section about mobile roguelikes on the pasta I think
>>
>>164675127
this doesn't really happen in PCB though

after you've damaged an enemy once they can psychically see you around corners and will totally clip you with the edges of ball/breath spells or summon even when you aren't in line-of-sight
>>
>>164676879
only with AoE stuff though, and they can't hit you with the center of it (aoe does less damage as you get away from the center)

it's still a very powerful maneuver even if less overpowered than in vanilla
>>
>>164676546

+100 post. Thanks senpai
>>
>>164676657
DCSS online is great if you don't mind the ASCII
>>
>>164674148
Maybe it's a _very_ large cat.
>>
>>164663479
PCB is the closest thing to KSBD there is, anon.
>Literally reach Heaven 555 through violence, by killing the serpent
>>
>>164677123
oh btw the reason you want 2 weapons of sharpness is *not* dual wield, it's because the 1st or 2nd silcutting (random) is guaranteed to break your weapon

good luck!
>>
>>164677647
but what if i want the setting to be in the KSBD "universe"
>>
>>164662542
>The tint and other filters can be manually changed to whatever color you want
That's either new or completely false. I can't fact-check anyway because I can't torrent it.
Also
>200 mb savefile
Not touching that with a 10 feet long vinereaper
>>
>>164677839
they can be changed in a config file somewhere but there aren't in-game options
>>
File: Nervous guard stares at pussy.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous guard stares at pussy.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>164677792
Let's be honest here, the chance of finding people who can code, like K6BD, play roguelikes and would want to code a *band are about 33%.
>>
>>164678160
_you_ like that comic don't you anon?

anyone can make a *band variant
some people make one just by renaming everything in the edit files
>>
>>164678354
Maybe next year.
>>
>>164678160
what if it was an original rogue-like and not a band variant
>>
>>164678815
>>
Is there some sort of guide to DCSS speedrunning? I really like watching speedrunners play, but I'd like to do it myself now that I've got a few wins under my belt.
>>
>>164678815
It's possible, it's just a ton of difficult and, to many people, boring work to build such a project from scratch, which is why most "just for fun" game dev projects are abandoned.
>>
>>164678815
It would take longer since you have to write things from scratch. Not a mountainous task, but there are reasons why there are so many variants. The more effort project takes, the greater chances that it is abandoned.

*band codebase is nice, although bit archaic. PCB could do some reworking and restructuring, ex. how timed effects are handled.
However, compared to Crawl, it is better to go with. *bands can do some impressive things if you invest time in it ( Sil for example ).

Personally I would like to make a roguelike at some point, but currently I am invested in other projects ( other than occasionally tinkering with R ), so I can't do much. I still have my GDDs for that jungle-roguelike...
>>
>>164679405
step one: dont press 5
step two: swing breads
>>
>>164679405
Is your goal low turn count or low playtime?
>>
>>164679869
BEZOTTED
>>
Oh hey, almost forgot about this one too.
>>
Is CoQ any good? I haven't played it since it was abandonware
>>
>>164679946
low playtime
>>
>>164680148
its the same was before but it comes with 300 filters and its not free anymore.
>>
>>164680148
it's only natural to be interested in coq, anon~
>>
>>164680148
I've started to see a lot of people desperately trying to shill CoQ these days
can you please stop
>>
>>164680476
You don't even know what shilling looks like. VB was shilling
>>
>>164680546

>>164575539
>>164456930
>>164639202
Come on anon, this is just one thread and it's completely out of the blue since there's only one guy posting about it
>>
>>164680476
eh I don't play it and don't plan on buying it but discussion != shilling. People asking for advice or posting stories is fine by me.

>>164680720
>anon wants to talk with other anons about the roguelike he's playing, so he brings it up 3 times out of a thread's 730 posts
only the last one of those three posts (which may not even be from the same person) is a shitty post
>>
>>164680546
nobody was shilling vanilla bagel anon

everyone in /rlg/ was retarded/gullible as fuck and a troll somehow convinced all of them that he was a shill for the dev
>>
>>164680854
we'll see how that goes
>>
>>164679946
turn count
>>
>>164680345
nani
>>
File: 1463493348183.jpg (28KB, 444x399px) Image search: [Google]
1463493348183.jpg
28KB, 444x399px
oh, how a once mighty thread has fallen

ye who have forgotten your prophets, ye who have fallen to the degeneracy of tummyposting:
REPENT NOW, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!
>>
File: SadMuMoRealizesHeCan'tQuaff.jpg (27KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
SadMuMoRealizesHeCan'tQuaff.jpg
27KB, 480x358px
>>164681434
I'm only a MuMo, after all.
Don't put your blame on me, little girl.
>>
>>164681957
Don't even feed those times, anon.
>>
File: smugan.png (35KB, 98x138px) Image search: [Google]
smugan.png
35KB, 98x138px
>>164681434
He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.
>>
>>164680892
The truth is that "shilling" basically means "talking about a game I don't like" here. A guy literally posts about CoQ once and there already are people spazzing out about what an obvious shill he is, yet nobody cares when Amy comes to explicitly and unrepentantly shill her own fucking game with a name and screenshots

I used to come here every day until I realized that even a few minutes of reading /rlg/ puts you beyond safe amounts of yearly autism exposure
>>
I'm gonna make the new thread in nine posts
>>
>>164682171
Fault incoming
>>
>>164682153
>I used to come here every day until I realized that even a few minutes of reading /rlg/ puts you beyond safe amounts of yearly autism exposure
I exceed the yearly autism exposure standards every single day just by being on other boards.
/rlg/ is surprisingly safe compared to /v/ or /g/, which have significant /pol/tard populations.

I am in walking ghost phase now. My mind is no longer capable of regeneration. Soon I will start spilling spaghetti out of all orifices.
>>
>>164682819
>/rlg/ is surprisingly safe compared to /v/ or /g/, which have significant /pol/tard populations.

Pretty narcissistic just to assume that everyone shares the same political opinions as you just because you're not hearing anything at all.

Nethack terraformer did nothing wrong.
>>
>>164683252
Being right wing is not all people usually associate with being a /pol/tard. You may notice that word on itself is a portmanteau with "retard".
>>
>>164683252
nobody cares about which political opinions you _have_, as long as you don't shit up non-/pol/ threads with them
>>
>>164683252
Being a /pol/tard has nothing to do with political views these days, it's just a brand of memeposting.
>>
>>164683252
Somehow liberals, libertarians, anarchists, socialists, communists, even some brands of conservatives, don't shit up random threads with rambling about degeneracy and jewish conspiracies to make the west slaves to israel.
>>
>>164666074
pokemon berries. most are pretty gender-neutral
>>
File: baaaaats.png (10KB, 244x269px) Image search: [Google]
baaaaats.png
10KB, 244x269px
if only these letters were mirrored
>>
making it.
>>
>>164685174
good bat theme room, but to do what you're saying you'd need need new theme type that would e.g. allow dragons and dragon bats into one type of room, then also get baby dragons instead of big ones, then also have them on the correct sides

hm
>>
Made it.

>>164687538

>>164687538

>>164687538
>>
NetHack 3.6.1is now available in the Windows Store.

Hello all, I'vecreated a new portof NetHack 3.6.1for the Universal Windos Platformand have published the results on the Windows Store.

It's free of course and without ads.

I've named the game NetHack so just search for NetHack.
>>
What the hell, I was XL4, got to the second level of the mines and suddenly, snakes and killer bees and ants and other nasties EVERYWHERE.
Good thing I had charm monster. Henceforth I was the leader of a small army of critters, until I got seperated from the pack by a trap door and a nasty woodland elf decided that I should be dead.
Fucking nethack, man.
Thread posts: 756
Thread images: 122

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.