[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

scg/edg/ Star Citizen/Elite:Dangerous general #113

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 823
Thread images: 143

File: ff_crowdcommander_f-660x842.jpg (700KB, 660x842px) Image search: [Google]
ff_crowdcommander_f-660x842.jpg
700KB, 660x842px
[embed] edition

Star Citizen information:
http://pastebin.com/NhBwT5Zk
>Jump point and SubArt megapack
https://mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

>Latest ATV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8wTqdDXplc [Embed]
>RTV: (last week's) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnPrz48kB78 [Embed]
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhJ_mqKHywQ [Embed]
>Referral code randomizer:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview

>Citizencon Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI [Embed]
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0 [Embed]
>Anniversary Stream Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqhx7_RdDoQ [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0T3KLnL9uY [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ei4SUjaRA [Embed]
----------------------------------------
>Elite: Dangerous information:
http://pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
>Gamescom info:
https://community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
http://www.gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Previous Thread >>163789152
>>
So i'm kind of new to SC and this Derek Smart stuff fascinates me.

Is he always so full of shit? Why do his followers still hang on his every word if what he says is so easily disprovable?
>>
>>163903551
This OP is a piece of shit. New Thread! Thanks, anon. You don did gud.
>>
>>163903685
Go look at any big star citizen video and look at the comments. It's just one of those games that's attracted trolls who have to shout it down at every chance they get.

Most of them are butthurt goons who're upset the game isn't going to be EVE 2.0.

Derek himself is, of course, completely insane however.
>>
>>163903794
>Derek himself is, of course, completely insane however.

He seems more like an unrepentant liar.
>>
>>163903685
Many of his "followers" are just people egging him on for the lulz. If you are familiar with chris-chan, then you know what I'm talking about.
>>
Reading the OP and seeing 'loremaker's guide to the galaxy' has got me thinking of the Hitchiker's guide again.

I wonder how possible it'll be to play purely shipless, hitchiking across the verse documenting the crazies you find.
>>
File: buttbuddies.png (42KB, 639x443px) Image search: [Google]
buttbuddies.png
42KB, 639x443px
>>163903918
Even Lowtax?
>>
I'm about to buy SC and I was wondering what sort of performance I could get with i7-6700 and GTX 1070? I heard the fps issues are only because of the network thingy. Also when can I expect 3.00 to release? will that fix the fps issues too?
>>
>>163904061
That response from this Lowtax fellow doesn't even make sense. It's a recommendation, so even if it were true CIG would not have to 'go around it'.

The fuck is wrong with these people? Brain damage?
>>
>>163904068
I'm about to buy SC and I was wondering what sort of performance I could get with i7-6700 and GTX 1070?
About the same as everyone else with a mid-high end rig. That is, 25-40 fps, depending on how full the server is. Beyond that, there's no real way to tell yet.

>I heard the fps issues are only because of the network thingy.
True, those're meant top be fixed by 3.0 though when the new netcode hits.

>Also when can I expect 3.00 to release? will that fix the fps issues too?
No-one outside CIG knows when it'll hit. CIG probably doesn't know either yet, and any date they publish should be treated with extreme suspicion.
>>
>>163904068
>will that fix the fps issues too?

If you want a stable game wait for release. If you're not okay with bugs and terrible performance then don't buy in.
>>
>>163904142
He owns a forum where people pay him to post there, so yes.
>>
>>163904068
>what sort of performance I could get with i7-6700 and GTX 1070

Buy a 1080 or Titan, you can't buy more computer than that. You're not asking how it will perform, you're dick waving. Go to YT to see how the game runs, you literally have the best gear sold. Dafuq do you expect?
>>
>>163904068
I have a 1st gen i5 and an r9 270x. Its playable at my level.

Also, what >>163904305 said. Wave dick in battlestation thread.
>>
File: 1481849721652.png (107KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
1481849721652.png
107KB, 500x272px
>>163903551
>scg/edg/ Star Citizen/Elite:Dangerous general #113

Stop fucking doing this STOP FUCKING DOING THIS

/scg/ NEEDS TO BE IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD OR IT DOES NOT GET STICKIED BY MY FILTERS AND I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

I'M SURE YOU THINK IT'S A FUNNY JOKE WITH THE [EMBED]S AND THE SHITTY OP BUT THIS IS THE THIRD THREAD THAT DOESN'T HAVE IT AND ITS FUCKING ANNOYING

FUCK YOU
>>
Any news on when the Star Marine combat won't be so clunky?
>>
these turn speed limits suck

does anyone think it's fun just slowly turning in circles trying to shoot someone?
>>
>>163905092
When you stop touching yourself
>>
>>163904901
you are more than welcome to make the next thread. But this anon stepped up so shut your mouth. Entitled fucking babies.
>>
>>163905485
Alright. Now where's my combat patch Roberts?
>>
File: 1481755322048.jpg (12KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1481755322048.jpg
12KB, 250x187px
>>163904061
This motherfucker wouldn't read the TOS for his own project if you held a gun to his head, but he read hundreds of pages of an agreement he isn't even part of, to prove a point to people who either don't know who he is or laugh at him already because they do know who he is?

Is he a neckbeard that reached true neckbeard nirvana? Did he reach a level only attainable every couple hundred years by someone truly dedicated to not having as much tact as possible?
>>
>>163905484
turn off gsafe and comstab then reduce your speed. If you still have an issue, try flying something other than your starfarer.
>>
>>163905817
But, I like flying my Starfarer. In between missions we can play hide and seek by we I mean I would play with someone, if anyone else would have contact with me for more than 5 consecutive minutes, but that is totally unrelated as to why I bought the Starfarer in the first place and not at all why I also have a 890, BMM, and both Cats.
>>
>>163905710
>stepped up
>spent 5 seconds copy/pasting the old thread
>this is admirable somehow
>expecting him to take 5 seconds more to delete the embeds and format the subject line properly, like every other thread on /vg/ manages to do, FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF PEOPLE WHO USE FILTERS
>this is entitled

I wish I could put snakes in your car
>>
>>163904901
OP here, I don't usually make threads, but I did it after we hit the bump limit and were on the last page because no-one else was bothering.

But yeah, you know, better to let it 404 and drop off the board completely than to mess it up slightly in a way that triggers your autismo.

Or you could just do it yourself next time instead of whining, but whatever floats your boat anon.
>>
>>163906230
Why don't you do it then ;)
>>
>>163906258
Yeah you're a hero anon. You should be proud of yourself, you even got a personal dicksucker out of it who must be just as new as you and thinks making the OP is some kind of valiant public service.

Here's a little edification just for you. Including both backslashes in the subject line has nothing to do with my autism. It has to do with filters, a feature of this site you may be unaware of, but many people find very useful. When you fuck up the OP you fuck up everyone's filters until a new thread is made. Today you learned something new, congratulations.

>>163906328
I guess I will have to, since no one around here can be trusted to do it right or even understand why it's wrong
>>
>>163906230
Why does anyone have to care about people who use filters, That's your call, not mine.

Also, do not own car.
>>
>>163906532
Because the thread is here for many people, the thread is not here just for you.
>>
File: Freelancer HUD.jpg (713KB, 1920x931px) Image search: [Google]
Freelancer HUD.jpg
713KB, 1920x931px
>>163906161
I'll be your friend. Do you want to ride in my freelancer?

Listen, man. I don't know you, but maybe if no one wants to hang out with you its because you've got a shit personality.
>>
>>163906523
>When you fuck up the OP you fuck up everyone's filters

But I didn't fuck it up, I just copy/pasted it. Whoever wrote it fucked it up.
>>
>>163906658
This thread is for people who can manage to use an 13 year old mongolian yogurt crafting website. You go make your special snowflake filter friendly reddit thread. We'll see which is better.

Run along now, pumpkin.
>>
>>163906523
Hey!

You'd suck OP's dick too if ya got a taste of it. Fucking delicious.
>>
>>163906687
Yes, hence
>no one around here can be trusted to do it right or even understand why it's wrong

I'll just make them from now on. Go take a load off champ.

>>163906803
That's pretty good from someone who clearly hasn't got the faintest idea how anything works around here, why it works that way, why people follow specific protocols so that it keeps working that way, or even anything at all about this Panamanian soap whittling imageboard, but I appreciate you've at least learned to reflexively call people Redditors, that's a big first step towards fitting in around here and I'm proud of you son.
>>
>>163906669
Freelancers are obviously not large enough to play hide and seek on.
>>
>>163907130
I didn't offer to play hide-n-seek, I offered to be your friend and ask if you wanted to ride in a freelancer. Here you go not listening and making unreasonable demands. No wonder you are all alone.
>>
>>163906669
>2504 m/s
>not in quantum travel

What was meant by this?
>>
the audio in AC is still pretty shitty when you're getting shot at. I turned off the music and there's barely any impact sounds. It sounds cool when they actually play but usually only when you're seconds from exploding
>>
>>163905817
I mean the rotation limits
>>
>download 2.6
>spawn Caterpillar
>fly to Covalex and park it just outside with the front door open
>equip Behring and hide in the engine room
>any time I hear doors opening, I emerge from my hiding space and murder the poor bastard who made the mistake to set foot upon my ship

I am the Alien now.
>>
>>163907782
Seeing as it's ancient concept art, Quantum Travel could very well have been intended to just be you floating across the system, E:D-style. Fuckin' glad it's not that now.
>>
>>163907890
What exactly did you expect, to be able to point your nose like its Quake?
>>
>>163906669
whoever mocked this up should be the one doing UI layout
>>
File: events_apparently.png (60KB, 1112x881px) Image search: [Google]
events_apparently.png
60KB, 1112x881px
>>163903918
Yes, merely pretending
>>
I got E:D from the christmas sale and I want a ship for scanning space rocks/USS's and light bounty hunting in the bubble without handling like ass. What are my options.
>>
Im getting frustrated with how easy my Freelancers gun hardpoints break off. Would the Connie Taurus be a worthy upgrade from Freelancer? Ive flown the Andromeda and it handles suprisingly well and the weapons were real nice. So Freelancer < Connie Taurus?
>>
>>163912823
What are you asking? Yes, the Taurus is bigger, tougher, with more guns and more cargo space. So it's an upgrade in nearly everything, but also crew size, so you better make some friends if you want to get any value from it.
>>
File: Hornet.webm (2MB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
Hornet.webm
2MB, 640x272px
So I'm stuck waiting a fucking week for my GPU and mobo to arrive so I can finally plug all these other pieces into them and have a functioning goddamned computer. But I'm really wanting to leap into Star Citizen when they finally arrive.

A flight stick sounds like it would be a lot of fun for a game like this and I imagine they're pretty popular for this game.

What is the best flight stick I can get my hands on for this game? Price is irrelevant.
>>
>>163906230
>typing three letters into the catalog is so much work you'll write several long rant posts about having to do so
>>
>>163911404
>a project nobody cares about
>literally the most profitable crowdfunded anything ever
yes, Derek is the delusional one
>>
File: IMAG0596.jpg (286KB, 1440x815px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0596.jpg
286KB, 1440x815px
>>163913129
Personally have a TM Warthog and I think its amazing. Plethora of buttons on the throttle are always useful too.

VKB is also very good but much more difficult to get a hold of.

Old image but you get the idea.
>>
>>163914132
Thanks anon. I'll look into them.
>>
>>163911793
ASP Explorer is probably the best all-rounder for stuff like that. It has a good jump range, is pretty decent in combat and even has a fair amount of cargo space.
>>
>>163913021
Don't know its tougher, brosef. Not a flyable ship in the game yet.
>>
>>163912823
Something is wrong with the 4 "nose" guns on the freelancer. They can be destroyed/damaged incredibly easy. Even without losing your shields. I have only seen this occur in the PU but may also be occurring in Arena Commander but I have only played a few matches recently.

If anyone wants to confirm this, just find a lightly armed pirate aurora and let him plink away at you while rotating and whatnot to ensure your shields are always up. Soon enough, your guns will stop working (or at least some of them).
>>
>>163915268
It will be tougher, because it costs more.
>>
>>163903551
Holy hell he looks like a shitskin in that pic
>>
>>163916005
Kek
>>
Why the fuck would they put on a sale just when everyone is busy with family events?
>>
So, cig is on a holiday vacation now?
>>
>>163916240
>Wow I'm so busy I can't even click on some website buttons
>>163916253
Is your brain on vacation?
>>
>>163916315
>Wow I'm so busy I can't even click on some website buttons

Yep, didn't get on my computer all day, far better things to be doing.
>>
>>163916402
Did you have better things to do for the entire ten days from when they announced there would be a boxing day sale. It sucks when you miss out on stuff because you aren't paying attention but it's not like they won't have a bunch more large sales next year.
>>
>>163916796
Just wondered what the sense is in limiting it to such wierd days.

Extend it by a single day and suddenly not everyone has to plan their ability to get to a computer to buy jpegs
>>
>>163916850
You can't ask simple questions in /scg/ since it's full of literal cultists. I'm surprised none of them have told you to kill yourself yet.

Yes it's a stupid time to put up a sale. They should last longer. But this is CIG so just accept it.
>>
>>163916850
You do have a point. I think it's a marketing ploy, the limited time only buy it while you can shtick probably wrings a bit of extra money out of people who would normally save up for their .jpg and in the process realize they'd be happy with a cheaper one or they become skeptical and decide to withhold their money till launch.
>>
>>163911793
Since you've just started I'd recommend the Cobra MkIII. It's multipurpose so you'll be able to outfit for exploring and fighting.
>>
>>163910691
I'm talking about the changes in the latest patch dipshit
>>
>>163917202
>dipshit for not reading your mind

Still don't know what you're talking about, by the way. Pointing your nose, especially with boost, is fine on the ships that are meant to be easy to point
>>
>>163917335
they lowered the rotational speed at which ships can spin in the latest patch

in space things can spin freely and there would be no such limit so I think it is dumb especially when you're up close trying to shoot another spaceship
>>
Can anyone help me. I'm on the 8th or 9th ICC mission and my log lists my objective as 'Locate the Starfarer wreckage site' but I have no indicator/marker as to where to go.

What do?
>>
>>163917550
>8th or 9th ICC mission
Jesus christ. I thought there was only one.

How many are there? do you just keep going back?
>>
>>163917491
In space things can spin freely sure, but the concept of inertia still applies so a bigger heavier ship is slower to start moving or change direction regardless.
>>
>>163917604
>How many are there?
Well, there is at least 8 or 9. If I can figure out my issue I will get back to you on the final amount.

>do you just keep going back?
yes
>>
>>163917491
What ship, specifically, do you take issue with?
>>
>>163917638
which is why I said speed and not acceleration

I am fine with the ships having more inertia but the rotational speed limit is too low just to avoid anyone complaining about overshoot or to make everything a turn battle or something dumb
>>
There's no point doing ICC missions. It's grind.

You get a few thousand aUEC from it, and then in 3.0 they will wipe all your currency. What's the point? Until they start respecting players instead of telling them that Star Citizen is a 2nd online job, they can fuck off.
>>
>>163917826
Thanks for the exposé
>>
>>163917550
In the Yela belt, near where you come in if you jump straight from Olisar, there's a derelict Starfarer. It shows up on your scanner as a friendly ship with no handle, as if someone has gotten out of it to E.V.A
>>
>>163917826
>grinding alpha currency

lmao who would even think that

I'm more concerned that they're pumping out these missions just to prove they can make missions. It's hard to believe they'll have 100s of interesting missions that make you feel like you're exploring anytime soon
>>
>>163917826

>earn currency
>buy guns and armour
>go have a bit of shooty fun times in Covalex and Kareah and play about with the clothing options

This isn't a difficult concept.
>>
File: this kills the shitposter.png (98KB, 920x1392px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the shitposter.png
98KB, 920x1392px
>>163918082
>earn currency
>then have fun
So I'm right, it's pointless grindy shit. Stop replying to me if you are a cultist, it won't end well.
>>
TrazIon
Ozzy
NKato

Biggest fail faggots in the Star Citizen universe.
>>
>>163917760
Well inertia still applies to any movement so the ship shouldn't follow your input instantaneously but I do agree that it seems slow. I fly a hornet though so it's par for the course as far as I'm concerned. Also it varies by axis ship-to-ship due to the placement of maneuvering thrusters so there may just be a better way to pull turns in your particular craft.
>>
>>163918242
Care to elaborate on why?
>>
>>163918281
Do not forget Montoya.
>>
>>163918154

>grindy
If you don't enjoy doing ICC missions then do something else.
The mission in itself is part of the gameplay. Finding the wreckage of some poor fucker's ship to report back to the ICC probe on the distress beacon.

Stop posting if you're an autist, it won't end well.
>>
File: The shitposter.jpg (123KB, 800x359px) Image search: [Google]
The shitposter.jpg
123KB, 800x359px
Wow, another form of shitposter. Now the most common game mechanic is 'grind'.
>>
>>163918418
>If you don't enjoy doing ICC missions then do something else.
They were fun in 2.5 until I did them the third time. Then all my aUEC were wiped. They can fuck off.

Alpha currency shouldn't be wiped in an alpha.

Having to grind credits before having fun is a shit cancerous way of making a game.
>>
>>163918541

Do you understand the concept that this is development and random wiping of currency in the finished product will not be something that happens?
Having to earn currency again in the new patches in a test build of a game is a non-issue. You're testing the game, not playing it.
>>
Is actually mining in a HazRES possible? Pirates kept spawning on top of me. Had to bail out even in a vette.
>>
>>163918702
Then I've already tested the game and have no reason to test it again. Like I said here >>163917826 there's no point in doing them, it's grind.

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
Im neither a star citizen fanatic or a goon but I sure as hell know that Derek faps to the native american woman.

>Holy shit, that waifu stalking
>>
>>163918541
>Having to grind credits before having fun is a shit cancerous way of making a game.

You mean it's a way of making a game that you don't like because you value instant gratification and might not have much free time to play within.

The solution is to go play something else because nobody cares. I suppose I cared enough to reply but I have to go take a shit then make some breakfast so now's your chance to make some extremely witty shitpost to which I will appear to have no response.
>>
>>163918882
>You mean it's a way of making a game that you don't like
No it's objectively bad because it goes against the aim and definition of game. Games are relaxing things that you do for fun. Grind is tedious and the antithesis of relaxing fun.

You've played too many shit games for too long and have become brainwashed. Undo the damage.
>>
>>163918803

The only thing that seems to be proven is your juvenile autistic mindset that everything has to be immediately available to you at all times and development should immediately change the moment you play something.

Enjoy living in a life of pointless butthurt.
>>
>>163918865
Sandi is native american?
>>
>>163918932
>your juvenile autistic mindset that everything has to be immediately available to you at all times
You're not even a real person. You're a bot. Stop replying to me.
>>
>>163918920

>Games are relaxing things that you do for fun

Then don't playtest development builds of games. Problem solved.
>>
>cultists defending wiping everything every patch

they made it sound like shit would be in beta before they wiped anything. They are barely getting the basic physics working let alone a real economy or PU

which is why I'm just going to avoid all the quests until the game is sort of released. I doubt there will be that much content anyway
>>
>>163918865
nobody cares about derek anymore
>>
>>163918972

Stop posting in this thread.
>>
File: cultists gonna cult.png (307KB, 625x507px) Image search: [Google]
cultists gonna cult.png
307KB, 625x507px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJJGreKwUQ

>>163918997
>Then don't playtest development builds of games
According to the other cultist, I'm not "playing" them, I'm "testing" them. And it seems like you missed the part where he proved my point, there's literally no point in "testing" 2.6 PU missions since they are repeated grind content with no persistence or meaningful content.
>>
>>163918972
If he's a bot, why are you replying to him? Wouldn't that be pointless? Are you a bot?

Did I just pass a Turing Test?
>>
>>163918154
>it won't end well.
what are you gonna do about it
>>
>>163919085

>everyone is a cultist but me

Go to bed, Derek
>>
>>163919096

he's gonna epic pwn u and call u a cultist m80 better be careful, he's a supreme gentleman and far superior in intellect. He has over 300 confirmed REEEEEEEEEEEEs on the internet over trivial bullshit.
>>
Derek Smart is pretty much the voldemort of CIG
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>
>>163919234
Voldemort was a relevant antagonist

At least I think? I don't actually read shitty YA fiction

>>163919243
Sleep snug slug
>>
>>163919085
What if I haven't played the missions before? Can I have your permission to play them in that case? Please get back to me soon, really eager.
>>
>>163919378
>What if I haven't played the missions before?
You'll do them and buy some flight suit or armor suit with your aUEC, then CIG will shit on your head in 3.0 and wipe your aUEC and then cultists will tell you that you're delusional for not wanting to have to do the content again to grind aUEC to buy more stuff.
>>
File: space sniper.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
space sniper.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>163919243
this nonargumemt "but look how much money they have!" is starting to lose it's lustre. it never made sense, but it gets more worn with every update that gets ignored. no one has ever pointed out how much money EA has when laughing about Battlefield bugs, because everyone knows that would be stupid.
>>
>>163919085
>no persistence

The aUEC you earn from doing them is a form of persistence.
>>
>>163919461
>it gets more worn with every update that gets ignored
Yes, at 200 million people will be glitching through doors and doing hilarious bugs, and you won't care.

>>163919486
>The aUEC you earn from doing them is a form of persistence.
The aUEC that got wiped and no longer exists? So we agree; there is no persistence in the PERSISTENT universe and there's literally no point in me "testing" it any more. Thanks for agreeing with me.
>>
>>163919456
So, that's a "yes?" I have received your authorization to attempt a mission?
>>
>>163919085
Ok, so don't play it.

I don't why you and the other anon need to shit yourselves over this. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it. Wait for 3.0 like many others.
>>
File: KzKYYV7.jpg (196KB, 1200x870px) Image search: [Google]
KzKYYV7.jpg
196KB, 1200x870px
>>163919561
>Wait for 3.0 like many others
So I can grind the ICC chain again until my aUEC get wiped in 3.1?
>>
>>163919535
No.

You said there is NO persistence. I pointed out the money you earn persists. I never said it was infinitely persistence. I have proven your statement that there is "no persistence" false. Please apologize.
>>
File: 1480452964553.png (456KB, 1280x1235px) Image search: [Google]
1480452964553.png
456KB, 1280x1235px
>>163919535
It hasn't been wiped yet though. I think when it gets wiped you should come back here and complain, but until then you really just can't because you still have it and can spend it
>>
>>163919603
Sounds like you can't handle the way SC currently functions. It's clear the current state of SC does not live up to what you want it to be, so simply forget about SC until beta. This is an alpha of an in-production game. There will be updates, and their will be wipes. End of story. You can either play it now for what little enjoyment you can get, or you can just forget about it until far in the future when there will not be any wipes.

Your complaining here changes nothing.
>>
>>163919770
and your defending SC for free changes nothing
>>
>>163919818
Quit whining, ofc they're not going to let you keep the money you make during alpha
>>
File: Tier 0.webm (3MB, 1228x540px) Image search: [Google]
Tier 0.webm
3MB, 1228x540px
Do you realize that you are arguing against a troll who pretend to believe that any form of game-currency is evil?
Even if there was someone that stupid the only solution is to not bother with them

I'm starting to wonder if it's not the shitposter bumping himself
>>
>>163919818
I didn't defend it. I showed you your options. I'm not even the original anon you were arguing with. Your incessant complaining on a 4chan thread will not make CIG reconsider wiping aUEC. Forget about SC for another 2 - 3 years, or play it for what its worth, and that is up to you. End of story.
>>
>>163919874
they could easily let you keep money and unlocks inbetween patches so you could continue """""testing""""" them

persistence
>>
>>163920012
What if they make an update or something?
>>
>>163919992
and I'm not the original guy you were arguing with xD

how about I complain about whatever I want. As there is much to complain about with SC
>>
>>163920012
That would defeat the purpose of each phase of testing
>>
>>163920047
Then focus on something important, like all the missing stuff they've yet to build
>>
for real there was no good reason to wipe between 2.5 and 2.6, in fact it would have been a better test of persistence to keep money and purchases and see whether they got fucked up at all by the patch.

but it's not that big a deal and everyone was expecting it.
>>
@163920047
Now I see, you just want to pointlessly argue. No (You) this time.
>>
>>163920062
lol like there's anything to actually test

there isn't even cargo or trading

it's literally just play two missions and buy a gun or hat or whatever. Nothing QA can't already test
>>
>>163920165
no (You) for anyone, ever again.
>>
2.6.1 when?
>>
>>163920204
I can tell how many games you've developed
>>
>>163920432
>still replying to him
>>
>>163920432
wow so you're a game developer then? no

just pointing out that SC cultists are deluded that any of this has anything to do with testing or "phases" rather than giving backers the only content they have to replay over and over for the next few years as they try to finish the basic game systems they promised would be done a long time ago
>>
>>163920652
How do you know I'm not? Oh you actually don't
>>
>>163920686
wow right back at you :^)
>>
>>163920701
No, I can tell you're definitely not
>>
File: burning-money.gif (461KB, 460x347px) Image search: [Google]
burning-money.gif
461KB, 460x347px
https://thehftguy.com/2016/06/15/gce-vs-aws-in-2016-why-you-should-never-use-amazon/
>>
>>163920904
Inb4 the author of that web page gets sent a hundred death threats by cultists.
>>
>>163920973
Help me write him a death threat /scg/

>Dear thehftguy,
>>
>>163920904
>a-amazon is shit, i-i swear, guys
>>
>>163920748
hmmm tell me more. Is preordering games 10 years in advance big in the industry these days? or a massive marketing campaign for promised features and digital goods before they're even designed?

tfw played AC in 2014 and cultists are still saying to just wait years more and stop complaining
>>
>>163921161
>tfw played AC in 2014 and cultists are still saying to just wait years more and stop complaining

Yup, would be nice if you did.

Alternatively, get a refund because you can't handle it.

Bitching about things on a mongolian cartography forum won't change things, its just irritating for the rest of us.
>>
>>163921161
>10 years
>preordered in 2014
>current year 2016
hmmm indeed
>>
Well theres always the Polaris
>>
>>163921263
you think they'll have 100 finished star systems and all their hyped features before 2022?

they have like two landing zones
>>
File: Catty.jpg (2MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
Catty.jpg
2MB, 5120x2880px
>>163921246
>trying to reason with a troll
>admits to being irritated on 4chan by text typed on a screen

You are the reason that they continue shitting up the thread. It's clear he just wants your angry replies. Being correct isn't the goal of the other anon - just pissing you off is enough gratification for him to continue.

>>163921306
a beaut. I want to see a Polaris kill a Caterpillar.
>>
>>163921354
i guess we'll see
>>
>>163921409
Being a condecending prick is equally bad.
>>
reminder that derek smart is a mentally ill nigger and failure as a game dev
>>
>>163921496
>>163919010
>>
>>163921409
no I'm actually just stating my opinion on the quality and progress of this video game. You're getting really triggered about it because you're a cultist
>>
File: 1479919678833.png (280KB, 529x355px) Image search: [Google]
1479919678833.png
280KB, 529x355px
>>163921620
>stopped caring about being called a racist long ago
>mfw someone thinks i care about being called a cultist
>>
File: 1477762990169.png (67KB, 290x255px) Image search: [Google]
1477762990169.png
67KB, 290x255px
So these new missile racks.

Behring MSD-616 "Marsden" Missile Rack is a S6 rack..

What the fuck does that attach to?

Actually, scratch that, what do any of the ones above S3 attach to, considering thats the size of the Gladiator wing hardpoints, no? What the hell is mounting S4/5/6?
>>
>>163922942
Just as an example: Constellation has s4 missile hardpoints.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (218KB, 1863x754px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
218KB, 1863x754px
What kind of weapon setup is the Vanguard even supposed to use? None of the S4 or S4 weapons match the projectile speed.

>>163922942
Freelancer, Vanguard, Cutlass and Aurora LN have S4 mounts, but so far nothing has S5 or 6. In theory the Gladiator bay has S6 mounts with 625 racks, but you can't exchange those.

>>163923030
Yeah, but those are custom launchers and can't be swapped.
>>
>>163922942
>>163923030
Gladiator has s5 and Retaliator has s6.
>>
>>163923030
Yeah but they're proprietary. Can't put these things on there, has the box/magazine launchers
>>
>>163923128
Torpedoes, and the Retaliator has S9s.
>>
>>163923047
That sucks.

I was hoping to get a S4 on the wing pylons, at least. Really is the only thing the Gladiator has going for it after all.
>>
>>163923047
There are 3 s5 weapons that are only 100 or so slower. That's close enough.
>>
>>163922942
Vanguard has s4 missle racks
>>
>>163923491
>Vanguard carries the same external missile payload as the Gladiator

fugg
>>
How will the "weapon lock" system work? Afaik in Port Olisar you just can't fire weapons, making the station relatively safe. Do CIG plan to implement a workaround or something to allow players to possibly attack "secure" areas like this? It needn't be easy or cheap, but keeping that door open would lead to interesting gameplay.
>>
>>163923526
According to http://starcitizendb.com/ships/ANVL/ANVL_Gladiator

Van has two size 4s

Glad has two size 3s & two size 6s
>>
>>163923708
pretty sure the weapon lock feature is temporary. once AI cops are in it will no doubt be changed somewhat.
>>
>>163870859
Jesus christ, I'm starting to think you all have dicks for eyeballs.

You can see the fucker medpen.

>>163865656
>>163865858
You can literally see the fuckers lob their grenades at you. It's your own damn fault for not paying attention. And if you can't see what these guys are doing, maybe turn your damn gamma up, or the brightness on your monitor.

>>163884363
>>163881735
>>163881859
Amazon hosts Grand Tour...
Lumberyard...
It could happen. I hope to god it happens.
>>
>>163923708
Just a guess, but I bet there will be one "armistice" station per system for all the interior systems. There will be no way around it, they are just peace zones. Kinda like Shattrath
>>
>>163923787
Four S3s, two per wing.

So I can carry 16 S1 Missiles with MSD-341 x 4
Vanguard can carry 16 S1s with MSD-481 x 2
>>
>>163923708
>>163923832
It's probably work somewhat similar to the way towns work in the witcher.

Being in "secure" space means power down your ship weapons and keep personal weapons holstered, failure to do so will draw attention and a warning from local law enforcement, refusal to comply will result in attack.
>>
>>163923875
>responding to posts from a day ago

nigger what are you doing
>>
>>163923875
I am amused by your dedication to a dead thread.
>>
>>163923891
Why would you carry size 1 missiles when you could have better?

Besides, that discounts the S6s which are obviously taking up a lot of loadout "space."
>>
Any way to filter out the concept art ships from the ship store?

Checking out each one to actually see if they are purchasable is a waste of time.
>>
>>163924092
S'why I said external.

I only mentioned S1s because it makes it clear how big the jump is between S3 and S4, they're literally twice as capable. Bit of a huge difference, unlike the difference between Badgers/Bulldogs which is more incremental.
>>
S1 - 4 rocket pods when? Would enjoy having almost a hundred S1 rockets on a gladiator for death volleys.
>>
>>163923405
Yes, but those are the Vanduul guns and you can't just equip them.
>>
>>163924564
my b
>>
File: GladiatorRocketPods.png (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GladiatorRocketPods.png
375KB, 1920x1080px
>>163924514
I'm keeping my Gladiator warm for just such an occasion.

I really do want more skill-based gameplay with missiles/rockets.
>>
>>163918920
You do understand that "grind" is a subjective thing and that some strange people actually find doing tedious repetition to be relaxing?

I seriously don't understand what your problem is. If you find the ICC missions grindy, then don't do them. Go do something else. If your complaint is that there's nothing else to do, welcome to fucking Alpha.
>>
>>163920154
They didn't wipe unlocks.
>>
>>163924816
Waiting as well. They're really good at taking down shields, and do require more skill than missiles. My favorite thing about them is the disorientation. When I had a Delta the rockets wouldn't do a massive amount of damage, but it made their ships lose control and sometimes crash.

>>163924827
>>163925094
nice try faggot. Now fuck off
>>
If they stay in line with the one QA that stated that the Vanguard Harbinger has stronger nose guns than the Warden (and armor exclusive to its hull that can't be swapped via BUKs) it might actually be a really good ship. I hope they redo the exterior for the variant release though, but that's probably not gonna happen.
>>
>>163923962
>>163923978
Yeah, I have work, and sleep, and other real life things to attend to, so I read, catch up on, and reply to large chunks of threads at once. There are generals I've read literally every single post on for 3 years straight.

>>163924147
Uh, if you're in the actual ship store, IE: Store -> Extras -> Standalone ships, then all you see are the ones you can buy.

However, to filter out ships that aren't flyable at all in the ship grid is another story, and I've no idea if it's possible.
>>
>>163924147
I don't remember but you can see what's permanently available with this

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ship_prices
>>
File: fk2016.png (21KB, 1325x167px) Image search: [Google]
fk2016.png
21KB, 1325x167px
I know this is a bait shitpost, but maybe SC would actually get finished if CR wasn't in charge anymore.
>>
So the herald has unremovable gimbals on the wing mounts, should I just roll with that and put a s2 gimballed gun on the nose or lock the wings and use a s3 instead? To be honest I prefer fixed but the herald turns quite slowly.
>>
>>163925581
If Chris wasn't in charge we would get a shittier game. I don't care if he takes his time, it's not often that game devs have the luxury of doing so.
>>
>>163925581
>>163925721
I mean, you're right. We'd get the game a lot sooner.

Gutted of everything that matters.
>>
>>163925721
True, but I think sometimes it sounds like he micromanages to an autistic degree which impedes on progress more than it actually improves the game.
>>
higher FOV != advantage

Please, CIG. Don't restrict our FOV but also don't try to balance armor by obstructing our view with a shitty helmet overlay.
>>
>>163926054
protection comes at a price
>>
File: fov.png (3MB, 1793x3726px) Image search: [Google]
fov.png
3MB, 1793x3726px
>>163926054
Fuck, I forgot this
>>
>>163925851
Has Chris ever managed a team this big before?
>>
>>163926171
Wikipedia tells me that Origin Systems had 45 employees before EA took over in 1992. It expanded to 300+ employees by 1996 but that's the same year CR left and founded Digital Anvil which CR apparently says he founded it to bring back the "small team" element of PC game development. It doesn't say how many employees it had but of course Chris jumped ship once again when Microsoft took over.

It seems that Chris avoids people in suits telling him what to do like the plague. Now that HE is the person in a suit telling people what to do, though, he's perfectly fine with that and he's fine with working with a big team. It makes sense then that he wants to be an all encompassing leader trying to make sure every little thing is done his way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_Systems
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Anvil
>>
>>163926619
CR names ship manufacturers after his past companies? Haha he's got a bit of an ego too
>>
>>163926619
>It seems that Chris avoids people in suits telling him what to do like the plague. Now that HE is the person in a suit telling people what to do, though, he's perfectly fine with that
there's a difference between a corporate suit who wants to maximize profits and chris who is passionate about games and is a creative person himself.
>>
>>163926818
It's just a reference for his long term fans, they love that shit. Wouldn't be surprised to see kilrathi easter eggs and such in the final game.
>>
File: PirateSkin.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PirateSkin.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
Now that I think about it, CIG can really make bank on skins when the game is ready to completion. They're hella easy to make and you have millions of people with pretty ships who might want them to be prettier. It keeps a flow of money after release that doesn't include selling ships and gives no real advantage to people who have them. Maybe even have a system where people can pay money 2 or 3 dollars every month to have their org symbols (after approval) be on their ships or something. All of which is monitored by CIG through an approval process.

I'd probably pay for that.
>>
>>163926818
He uses it against companies he doesn't like, too.
https://youtu.be/v8BL8gXjc54?t=2m47s

>>163926832
I never said it was a bad thing, but I can see how it sounds like I did. There needs to be a balance of visionaries and realists at a company like CIG and I just hope there's people around Chris keeping him in check and not just a sea of yes-men. I think his brother Erin might be a good guy for this.

>>163926912
The Vanduul are pretty much the Kilrathi 2.0
>>
>>163927450
Fuck skins.
Back in my days they were earned in game by doing something cool, not paid for in the store.
>>
>>163927691
You can have that, too. In fact, we kind of already do.
>>
>>163927691
>>163927450

Reminder that all items in game, however rare or limited, will be obtainable without spending real money.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>>163927691
But if they're not selling ships or in-game shekels en-masse like now, how will they continue to bring in dough?

I personally like the idea of skin presets for sale. They're not PTW, they're not ships, they're not UEC, and they could look cool and be made in large quantities. I mentioned the expanded version of that, org mates paying money every month to have their CIG-approved decal be on their ship hull since everyone will want it. This doesn't mean you can't also have skins that you earn. Maybe a custom skin for earning some kind of in-game status that can only be earned through whatever mission provides it, but both can work at the same time.
>>
>>163927493
Yeah, Erin seems like the level headed one. I'm glad they're working together since they seem to compliment each other.
>>
>>163926171
>Has Chris ever managed a team this big before?
I see the size of the company as an advantage. If it was a small team he would try to micromanage everything, since it's big he can't and is forced to accept the work done.

Beside he already learned the lesson from his Wing Commander movie.
The problem wasn't the size of the team, but the time scale he had to deal with. He tried to fit a 50hours game into a 2h movie, and he didn't have the time to do everything right.

So at worst we will get Star Citizen in 2years.
>>
File: ScreenShot0014.jpg (357KB, 1426x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0014.jpg
357KB, 1426x1500px
[extreme disappointment]
>>
>>163928398
2020 is my safe bet as a fully released game. A lot has happened this year that puts the rest of the development to shame, so things generally do seem to be happening faster, but It's simply not fast enough for 100 star systems, tons of landing zones, etc.
>>
>>163928529
>but It's simply not fast enough for 100 star systems, tons of landing zones, etc.

You have absolutely no clue how much they've completed on that side of things.

Stanton went from us knowing absolutely nothing to being 100% done. They simply do not keep us appraised of everything they're doing.
>>
>>163928185
They ALREADY have the money to keep it going for years, assuming they added nothing more

And they will sell two games easily worth 80$ each to a public who either hadn't heard about it or shied away. Plus all the retard who pretended to stay away from this scam and discovers the game is there now.

What you have to wary about are game company who act as if they were strapped for cash and still make 1st day DLC.
>>
>>163928529
you're forgetting that the bulk of work is going into sq42 right now. when those people shift to work on the pu progress is bound to increase.
>>
>>163928529
>but It's simply not fast enough for 100 star systems, tons of landing zones, etc.
I think CR said that they would call the game 1.0 when they have like 10 star systems finished and would add the others later
>>
>>163928398
>If it was a small team he would try to micromanage everything
Usually in smaller teams though Chris works with people he knows and trusts and who share his "vision". It could still be a problem though.

>since it's big he can't and is forced to accept the work done
Doesn't like literally everything have to be run by Chris first before it can go into the game? Wasn't that what the entire Kotaku article was about, if it's to be believed?
>>
>>163927450
I'm already tired of seeing this fucking skin let alone that its a Kill on Sight skin anyways
>>
File: 1475952701401.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1475952701401.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>163928529
Don't forget that they are hiding contents.
They have the Idris near entirely made, flyable, and I would bet they won't release it as soon as the Network can handle a bunch of them.
They had planets and others (plural) landing base for long before the first planetary demo.
Remember the 1 minutes long flyby after the ATV on procedural generation ? Well, I'd bet it's nearly complete because They CAN'T do the exterior and the interior separately (since it's the same world with no teleport)

And then there's SQ42 but myself I don't believe they can do it without essentially doing Star Citizen too.
>>
>>163928529
The coming year will have most of the game mechanics ironed out, so the "foundation" will be nearly complete. With 300 people working at CIG, it'll probably take another whole year of asset building to get the 10 systems in, and by the end of that year a sizable asset library will be built, accelerating further world-building. I think late 2018 is a more realistic number.
>>
>>163928748
[Source needed]

>>163928858
It have of course, but since the work behind have huge ramification he either ask for minor change or won't be able to work on the next things he want.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, that why we will have a very complex gameplay rather than the same shit mass-procedurally generated everywhere.
>>
File: idris in-engine.png (436KB, 1918x799px) Image search: [Google]
idris in-engine.png
436KB, 1918x799px
>>163929080
Why do they hide this shit? Logically it doesn't make sense. Showing off their sexy assets only increases public confidence in the project and as a result taps into the base of more cautious potential backers. More dollarydoos.
I really just want to see the idris in-game. ;_;
>>
File: ohshit.png (57KB, 326x272px) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.png
57KB, 326x272px
>>163928607
I still have a very hard time believing that they have any significant progress done on anything more than Sq42, ships, and Crusader. This is the only logical position I can hold, given their track record. I'll need a significant amount of proof, meaning huge releases larger than expected, before this mindset changes.

>>163928673
The huge flow of money, which is the pledging of ships to backers, is going to (hopefully/supposedly) stop when Beta or game release happens. For the huge expansions they plan to make, I expect them to keep, and even expand, their current 350 team of people to make amazing shit for us as free expansions. This isn't sustainable forever, so they'll need some amount to keep things going with a safety net of money incase major shit goes down.

>>163928706
Both Chris and Erin said that as soon as Sq42 episode 1 is done, they'll go straight to episode 2. Crossing fingers that they focus on PU at that point though. If all studios are full into the PU after episode 1, my fears will go away immediately.

>>163929080
This is true. However, my inner cynical kike makes me assume almost the worst until proven otherwise - that shit's just taking forever

>>163928748
says who?

>>163929127
Will wait until then. If the promised careers are implemented in a working and fun state that is expanded upon rapidly, then maybe I'll drop it down to 2019.
>>
File: 1472191230132.png (290KB, 339x378px) Image search: [Google]
1472191230132.png
290KB, 339x378px
>>163929657
> I expect them to keep, and even expand, their current 350 team of people
>>
>>163929080
>>163929551
^this

there's no reason to hide anything more than Sq42 spoilers. If they were "hiding" 8 landing zones that were almost done, why not show it off or release it? That'll certainly draw people in and give people less shit to fling. If they had 5 space stations that were ready to go, there's no reason to let them sit there while everyone is crying about lack of content.
>>
>>163929937
>If they were "hiding" 8 landing zones that were almost done, why not show it off or release it?

Because of the immense, militant level of criticism they recieve for every minute detail.

That and wanting to release bigger attention-grabbing patches with more content.
>>
>>163930031
anon, people will always complain about small shit, but in the face of large volumes of content most dissenters stay quiet or are ignored more.

>>163929756
how else are they going to make the huge-ass expansions chris always talks about?
>>
>>163930031
I think the SC community is, generally speaking, pretty accepting and tolerant of CIG's mistakes. Reddit and the official forums police harsh tones and [CONCERN] pretty heavily. 4chan and the E:D forums are the only places I know of that are consistently critical of CIG's process. The gaymen media is another story. They pounce on whatever they can misrepresent, such as the lumberyard switch, for clicks.
>>
>>163930191
>how else are they going to make the huge-ass expansions chris always talks about?

Even the largest of expansions would be a tiny fraction of the manhours compared to creating the original game and assets. Don't need 350 people for that. Certainly wouldn't do it for free.
>>
>>163930245

This is broadly true except for those salty mouthbreathers who dwell in the Ship Discussion part of the forum.

Holy shit I have never seen such whiny brats. All they do is fucking complain that their ship needs a remodel or a buff.
>>
>>163930245
>E:D forums
Sadly it's difficult to find the actually valuable criticism when their SC thread is riddled with goonery, saltiness, and misinformation. I'm not sure if it's just a retardedly vocal minority there, but it seems like that forum has just created an anti-cult cult against SC.
>>
>>163930627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDbeqj-1XOo
>>
>>163930627
they're too mentally deficient to understand irony
>>
>>163930627
It's not exactly the place for constructive criticism of CIG. E:D is a competing game and most of them adopted the "Us vs. them" mindset, viewing their purchasing of E:D as aligning themselves against SC.
>>
>>163930245
>E:D forums

Fuck no. That's some kind of anti-shill echochamber.

They're just as bad as the shills.
>>
File: Outpost.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Outpost.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>163930347
But that's where my original premise of skins for money was about. CR said he wants to add large expansions for free. Obviously that takes man hours and time. The scale he describes them to be at makes me believe that the team will not shrink much after release. To sustain a company this large for years to come that creates free, large expansions would require a constant source of money, which is where the skins idea comes from. They won't sell massive quantities of UEC, nor will they continue selling all of the ships.

This is why i'm warming up to the idea of a skins system. They're relatively easy to make, everyone and their mother will want one, orgs members can pay constant fees for special tags, and this will drive the money needed for the expansions.
>>
>>163930834
>CR said he wants to add large expansions for free.

[source needed]

skins wouldn't pay for 350 permanent staff in a million years.
>>
>>163930828
I said critical, not constructively critical. :^)
>>
File: Beta - Development time - 2016b.png (288KB, 1930x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Beta - Development time - 2016b.png
288KB, 1930x1094px
>>163929551
>Why do they hide this shit? Logically it doesn't make sense
As if you never kept your best stuff for the big reveal...
That's also a very very logical way to manage hype.
If you let everybody run in (someone's else Idris) as soon as it's ready, they'll eventually get bored (yes they will) and build up unrealistic expectation (remember No Man's Sky).

>>163929657
> The huge flow of money, which is the pledging of ships to backers, is going to (hopefully/supposedly) stop when Beta or game release happens.

They have an huge team to make the game from 0 to 100%, the "expansions" you wish for will be like adding 20% more.
And I hope you aren't one of those idiots hoping for 50 more procedural systems, CIG made it clear that empty planet are only good as decoration.

> that shit's just taking forever
That's only because you aren't used to see a AAA game being developed. Only overhyped game take only than 2 years to pump out, many game of the years took around 6 and some already had a Game Engine to improve

inb4 someone claim SC is starting again from scratch
>>
>>163930245
>I think the SC community is, generally speaking, pretty accepting and tolerant of CIG's mistakes.

No it really isn't. The SC community on Reddit is Bi-Polar, either they're in ecstasy at the latest concept sale or they're rioting over some trivial detail.

The serious criticisms are drowned out.
>>
File: 1461538692939.jpg (154KB, 992x397px) Image search: [Google]
1461538692939.jpg
154KB, 992x397px
Does HE still haunt the forums?
>>
>>163930974
Usually the only time people make criticism on the subreddit is when CIG makes a big PR mistake or when there's some sort of drama within the community. Most of the time though it's just dads circlejerking about game balance in an alpha in order to justify buying unreleased ships for a game they might not live to see.

With all the drowning out of serious criticism, [concerns], and even intolerance of slightly harsh tones, Reddit will never be a place to properly discuss SC outside of the usual drama-filled times when the dads actually begin to question their $5000 "investments" and begin to leave their echo chamber. That is of course until they inevitably recede back to praising and thanking CIG not even a week after they fuck up.
>>
File: About Grind and Paying politic.jpg (663KB, 1596x1836px) Image search: [Google]
About Grind and Paying politic.jpg
663KB, 1596x1836px
>>163930892 >>163930834
1) as said he already have enough money to make the game run for YEARS (just compare the budget with other games and negate marketing shit)
2) there will be a huuuuuuge income when the rest of the world can buy TWO complete games
3) CR is against unethical money making scheme. Having players use/access content unavailable unless you pay is just not imaginable.

You don't even have to worry about him reducing the size of the team, they'll be debugging all years longs, SQ42 is to be made in 3 (free) parts because its scope increased
>>
>>163931374
I don't understand. Did he buy the $15k package?
>>
>>163931535
Right so you don't actually have a source, its just pure conjecture from a post in 2013.

lmao.
>>
>>163931374
I really hope his crew mutiny on day 1, and he has a forum meltdown
>sounds fun
>>
>>163931535
SQ42 was never supposed to be 3 free episodes. It always was that the first episode of SQ42 is what you've already bought, then SQ42: Behind Enemy Lines would be a separate game you'll have to buy which isn't on sale now.

How have you deluded yourself to think CR was some sort of charity case?
>>
>>163931636

He got butthurt that he couldn't buy one because scalpers swooped in and snatched them all and proceeded to sell them on ebay for nearly double the price

Was a big controversy during the sale
>>
>>163931806
Did scalpers piece them out or sell the whole package together at $30k? If there is a single man on this world who spent $30000 on internet spaceships, I will be shocked.
>>
>>163931908
We call them whales. They spend tens of thousands of dollars on star citizen ships.

I wish it were a joke.
>>
>>163932052
>We call them whales.

You think whales are a phenomenon unique to Star Citizen?
>>
>>163931908
>If there is a single man on this world who spent $30000 on internet spaceships, I will be shocked
where do you think you are? we were talking about people who were seriously at the halfway point anyways
>>
File: chr.png (810KB, 780x811px) Image search: [Google]
chr.png
810KB, 780x811px
>>163932052
>inb4 CIG is just laundering money from real investors through insanely priced ship packages
>inb4 whales don't actually exist and it's just a narrative unofficially fabricated by CIG
>inb4 this "100% crowdfunded" thing is a farce
>mfw
>>
>>163932052
>We call them whales.

Whales aren't something only star citizen has, they're the whole reason mobile games exist for example
>>
>>163932251
>>>/x/
>>
>>163932251
secretly chris is just buying pledges himself with his income from past ventures then selling them on ebay to buy more
>>
>>163932340
>mobile games

And long, long before that Tabletop Games.

Kids these days I tell ya, no respect for history.
>>
>>163932148
>>163932340
I know it's not an SCG only thing. I typed that with the assumption that >>163931908 didn't know anything about them.

>>163932251
this kills the chris
>>
Also collectable card games.

Boy howdy, ain't no whale like a MTG whale.
>>
>>163932416
>have a friend whos dad is into warhammer 40k table top, has 1.3m home in rich side of town with 6 bedrooms 1 dedicated to just a table top battle display worth over 47,000$
>>
>>163931806
You're referring to the standalone javelins right? You can buy the 15k pack right now if your credit limit and tendancy to make poor financial decisions are great enough.
>>
>>163932380
http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

[https://www.savepcgaming.com/](https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/The-Completionist-Digital)

(le plebbit formatting)
>>
I would like the Redditards currently in this thread to just back.
>>
File: 1469977940419.jpg (916KB, 4164x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1469977940419.jpg
916KB, 4164x1632px
How long until the redesign of the Redeemer is complete?
>>
>>163933290
I hope they junk the Redeemer. Just say that the model is too old and that it's too complicated to fix.
>>
>>163933290
never it will be removed then forgot in 3.0 because the whole thing sucks
>>
So this game is coming out in 2017 no more delays right?
>>
>>163933691
Yes
>>
>>163933618
also they will given everyone who pledged for it a vanguard :^)

>>163933691
2018 most likely after the get there kits finished shouldn't take them long to streamline everything after that and put it all together.

and it will be getting faster and faster updates over 2017+
>>
File: 1480408527461.png (502KB, 867x784px) Image search: [Google]
1480408527461.png
502KB, 867x784px
>>163927450
Yep, i'd totally pay for that.
>>
I'm still waiting on the 300 series rework, but depending on how it turns out I might upgrade it to a Sabre.

I actually really like the Carrack concept, but until we have a better idea of how NPC crew members will work I don't want to invest in anything with manned turrets.
>>
>>163933942
300 rework is more overdue then cutless

I myself have a BMM and Conni but wont be getting any other group ships for that same reason the BMM was pushing it but was still listed as atleast 4 guns under pilot control with 2 manned turrets

Carrack is something im following till then.
>>
>>163933290
Its already complete, its called the Hoplite
>>
>>163934210
Which in and of itself should get a rework
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhiaGAnOalA
>>
STAR-T7T2-5L6J
>>
>>163928673

That's horseshit. They have collected $140M now, which if it's all spent on the developement process is probably just enough to get the game we all want. Developing a huge game like this is a fuckload of work, you can't underestimate it.

CIG is going to need a steady cash flow to maintain this game, and seeing the scale of it if they actually continue to develop new content and updates there's no reason SC shouldn't be active for a decade or more. All that takes money, though, and personally I'm totally fine with it coming from the sale of trinkets and cosmetic items.

Just look at how much money people invest in TF2 hats or DOTA skins, all these dads will go nuts with spaceship paintjobs. It's a good way to keep cashflow going without actually harming anything.
>>
>>163934474
STAR-FUCK-OFF
>>
Reddit pls go

Why would you even come here? What possible reason could you have for fleeing that place and running to 4chins?

You're never going to fit in here.
>>
>>163933763
>>163933924
I thought this game was a scam.
>>
>>163934640
Why is reddit here? What did we do to deserve shitposting?
>>
>>163934738
>deserve shitposting

Weak shitposting is worse than literally anything else
>>
>>163934640
>>163934738
>>163934837
implying its reddit

4chan has and always will have plenty of shitposting from its own visters no need for reddit to even try we shit post are selfs plenty
>>
>Match found, joining in 5
>You lost
For fuck's sake. I barely loaded in before the match was over.

>Match found, joining in 5
>Players not ready: 10
>Players not ready: 11
>10 minutes later
God damnit CIG
>>
>>163934145

300 series rework is next in line, as soon as the Cutlass is done and that looks like it's coming along nicely.

If the 300 series turns into a good ship for a solo adventurer, you know with a decent interior and a place for a passenger to sit (even the Mustang Beta has this), I'll keep it. If it still has a shitty no frills interior, I'll trade it out for something else. I need my jumpdrive equipped combat motorhome.

That said, I wouldn't mind having a good dedicated combat ship for Operation Pitchfork, if it ever happens. The Sabre is exactly the kind of balls out dogfighter I enjoy too.
>>
wish i had money for this game
or a job to get money for this game
or mental health for a job

wait i know i can whore myself out or start stealing lmao
>>
>>163935895

Whoring yourself out isn't so bad. Plenty of "generou$" dudes on Craigslist that would gladly toss you a couple of twenties for access to that mouth or boipussy.

Just keep visualizing that internet spaceship.
>>
>>163935895
SC costs as much as any other game to get into. Something like 45 - 60 dollars.
>>
>>163935409
Everyone sitting not readying up isn't really CIG's fault. Everyone in that game is just a retard.

Not that I've ever had that happen
>>
>>163936452
It's not CiG's fault that they aren't readying up, but it IS cig's fault for not having some kind of fast idle time out or forced ready mechanic.
>>
>>163936264
>boipussy

everyday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEV3PWNMjLA

till you like it
>>
Is Vederation going to be active or is it a shit?
>>
>>163936992
why ask here, go check it out yourself.
>>
>>163936615
There is a mechanic that starts the game after 15 seconds if most players are ready though
>>
File: Baddies.jpg (29KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
Baddies.jpg
29KB, 600x333px
>>163936992
Absolutely
>>
>>163937132
>>163937320

I'm already in the org on RSI and Steam, just wondering if I should jump ship or not.
>>
>>163936992
why even bother about orgs. Wait for them to become relevant and useful to join.
>>
Considering how obnoxious missiles are even in PvE swarm modes right now, I assume BR and SB are near unplayable with the missile spam, correct?
>>
>>163937440
Yeah, neither of those actually mean anything.

If you're important we know you by name
>>
>>163937530
Not really.

Avoidable when you know how, and don't respawn with a full load, so spamming isn't really viable.
>>
>>163935695
whens the mustang rework?
>>
>>163937564

Not important, never intended to be. Tried to join the Discord and it says it's expired.
>>
>>163939256
Maybe "important" was the wrong word, not trying to be a dick.

"active" is probably a better word. Discord is mainly for complaining about steam chat being down
>>
File: 20161228102655_1.jpg (669KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161228102655_1.jpg
669KB, 2560x1440px
>when you're in the middle of printing another 500mil fron 17 draconis

6.1 assets and 2.9 liquid

i hope they'll give me something to spend it all on one day
>>
>>163939689
I thought Draconis was shut down by complaining dads?
>>
File: urpILyE.jpg (895KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
urpILyE.jpg
895KB, 1520x2688px
>>163940167
>I thought Draconis was shut down by complaining dads?

Pic REEEEEEElated.
>>
File: 20161224191034_2.jpg (586KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161224191034_2.jpg
586KB, 2560x1440px
>>163940167
i was there to watch the shitcanning of the former war as it happened minute by minute. this is a separate war that has fomented since.

better get back to it soonski; FD looked to have been able to kill off the last one in the span of an hour by forcing a ceasefire and having it evaporate shortly after.
>>
>>163904061
Where does it recommend that in the AWS ToS?
>>
>>163935695

>300 series rework is next in line, as soon as the Cutlass is done

This is not correct.

Cutlass rework is being handled by Josh Coons, and we have no idea what he will be working on after. 300i rework will be done by Chris Smith. He has just finished cleaning up the Hornet, and will be doing the F8 Lightning next. He talks about his schedule in this video at 28:24 and 38:15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWnN8cpX6k?t=1702

He says that the 300i will be after the F8 but that an unannounced ship will be "in between", and he hints at a space bike. It's not at all clear if he means that this will come after the Hornet (next) or after the F8, and it's not clear when the Super Hornet will be looked at.
>>
>>163940880
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5k4m3o/derek_smart_on_twitterjust_wait_until_chris/dbl888f/
>>
>>163938506
>mustang rework
what's wrong with it?
>>
>Elite
>Can't make a corp with a shared hanger for myself and wife
>Can't trade credits
>Can't trade ships
>Can't alternate between shared fighter escort and trade ship, to do that we need four ships.
Steam winter sales tempted me into buying this garbage.
>>
File: 20161228122307_1.jpg (311KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161228122307_1.jpg
311KB, 2560x1440px
>when your noble steed sallies forth to obtain 108 kills just right
>>
Have there been any terror groups in elite? Like, people who get super killvettes and group up to kill everybody?
>>
File: 1472440651673.jpg (115KB, 1261x667px) Image search: [Google]
1472440651673.jpg
115KB, 1261x667px
>>163939689
>meanwhile I'm grinding trade runs in a T9 for only 1.5 million per ~10 minutes
It's weird that I can't even be bothered to do the really profitable stuff like this though. I guess I'm just too used to putting on podcasts and playing it like Euro-space truck simulator.
>>
>>163941395
have you flown one? its a buggy mess. 90% of the time you can even get into the damn things you just clip through or into the ship once you hit the top of the ladder, it has no MDF displays so with the newest hud changes you can only see damage states. It's unlandable with one of the wings blown off.
>>
>>163941813
Groups are strictly prohibited. Only mindless lone wolf ganking is allowed.
>>
>>163941813
Yes, there was (is?) a group that went out of their way to kill just about everyone. They wanted to try to get players to start teaming up and actually playing the game. Instead, the players just went into private servers and complained on reddit every time they blew up, trying to get Frontier to ban them.
>>
>>163941813
>>163941830
>>163942047
>>163941412

Man, reading stuff like this, I'm glad I passed over ED completely. Every now and then I'm tempted to try it and I'm saved from making a mistake by reading more of this bullshit.

It really sounds like the community and developers held hands in dragging it right into the ground.
>>
Yooo what the fuck they have IMDBs for all of the CIG shitty webshows lol
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4049926/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5561564/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5538750/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5792600/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3472850/

Who done this
>>
>>163942317
>It really sounds like

Unfortunately that's 100% what happened. It's why many of us here are so bitter. I quit for a bit and was going to come back in one of the more recent updates. Than the community fucked up the QOL changes that were going to bring me back.
>>
>>163942376
if the ratings are good, whales. if the ratings are bad, goons. maybe Derek himself even.
>>
>>163942476
TNGS got a 7.5, everything else is unrated so far.
>>
>>163942141
yay, forumdads to the rescue... is there any game they haven't fucked over?
>>
>>163942521
>Reverse the Verse
>Budget: $20,000 (estimated)
I think I found our motive
>>
File: 20161228123615_1.jpg (547KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161228123615_1.jpg
547KB, 2560x1440px
>when the crew is around and you're all cooperating making money with great expedience
>>
>hey Bob we need to put in some kind of requirement for this engineer
>okay how about we have the player ferry back and forth between these two systems five or so times?
>GENIUS
>>
>>163942571
Any game that has a focus on Pvp. They've only really affected ED, luckily. Though not luckily as it's a fucking game I wanted to enjoy. I've never played a game before that I loved at first and then slowly started to irrationally hate at the end
>>
>>163942437

This is why I'm actually glad CIG is hiding a lot of content, and why I hope they don't listen too intently to the community. Keep an ear open in case any good ideas or legitimate problems show their head, and for the most part ignore everything else.

Too much community input will destroy any game because every asshole has a different idea of what the game should be. It's pretty obvious already that some people want SC to be EVE 2, some want Second Life in space, and some of us just want the Freelancer 2 + PU that we were sold in the first place without any dadmode bullshit.
>>
File: the opposite of health regen.webm (2MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
the opposite of health regen.webm
2MB, 960x600px
is this the first arena shooter to implement reverse-regenerating health? I'm sure some milsim or fallout mods have done it, but not a tacticool shooter that I know of.

also, I've had one moment where I used both my health syringes and still bled out. I'm unsure how I feel about this.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1920x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1920x1054px
>>163941960
It's perfectly land-able even with both wings blown off you just have to get creative. Every other point you made is completely fair though.
>>
>>163944221
>I've had one moment where I used both my health syringes and still bled out
That's pretty shitty in the moment but still kind of neat in the sense that you did all you could reasonably do but the wounds were just too great.
>>
>>163944702
I actually just thought as I hit post that it would be cool if there was a level of damage that required outside assistance to recover from.
>>
>>163945039
That's what S&R is supposed to be for.
>>
>>163945039
would make combat medics viable. Sure you can plug a bleeding hole but you'll die unless the guy with the medpack in your group has time to actually fix you
>>
>>163942732
>1 dad purchase
they even have a monthly sub just for the video stuff that is separate from the game
>>
>>163934546
It's not because other game have cost 140m that's the actual development cost of the game. This amount is all the money that was collected, CIG then obviously planned their development with a large marging of error.
Just comparing to other development team they could complete the game at 100% even if they stopped selling jpeg today.

The income after that?
2 games at 80$ plus SQ42 expansions + the store and ingame money (would be capped). This income would largely be enough to pay all studio for a few years.
They will surely sell skins (they already do) but they don't actually need to, plus I suspect that would be less profitable than working on SQ42 40-80$ expansions and coop mode.

Just don't listen to the goon or Derek Smart, listening to them the game was bankrupt the day after the kickstarter closed because CR ran away with the money or something.
>>
>>163945220
True, but I was thinking more the basic combat medicaid like tourniquets and combat sutures the kind of stuff done so the soldier can just cheat death and hopefully get a couple extra shots off.

"Holy shit dude your arm is way the fuck over there now you should probably let me cauterize that." as opposed to any truly competent medical assistance.
>>
File: 1481676426062.png (550KB, 1679x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1481676426062.png
550KB, 1679x1068px
>>163942141 >>163942571
ED and Eve Online are fine example of why should never go full PvP, even outside police zone.
When a game do it's usually the sign it was cheap and marketed PvP and player-controlled universe so they don't have to spend money for coop content and AI.
>>
>>163942897
the hate seems fairly rational>>163942987
>>
>>163946743
PvP is the only reason EVE still exists.
>>
>>163946471
There's certainly going to be a lot more of that going on than there is now. Farming and Rescue isn't slated until 3.3, but within the test bed of Star Marine basic medical gameplay is going to be pretty necessary if they want to create a more nuanced gameplay experience. Currently there's not much too Star Marine, just run in and shoot down as many people as possible before they do the same to you, but encouraging working together via the ability to revive and heal friendlies would definitely force people to think more tactically.
>>
So is hit registration in Star Marine going to be shit until 3.0?
>>
>>163948169
hit reg it not that bad its the fact that most people have 150+ ping.
>>
>>163946471

There's a balance. I don't think there should be any kind of "combat medic" or classes built into the FPS element. This game isn't an FPS, it's a space sim with some first person gunplay. I think there should be some "first aid" that's usable in combat, for stopping/slowing down bleeding, and maybe some light health items, but any healing beyond that should require a proper medical facility such as would be found on a larger ship or on a planet / station.

First aid items should be a part of your personal equipment, so if someone wanted to be a "combat medic" they would just use some of their character equipment space for extra first aid items instead of extra ammo or whatever.
>>
>>163948169
I'm not convinced hitreg is the actual problem over piss poor weapon balance and extreme differences in armour strength despite looking almost identical, as well as having massive gaps in protection, like head and back shots being near instakills compared to chest, and backshots on medium armour. it's all just a mess. does light armor even give any kind of advantage? can you run faster?
>>
>>163948536

I think hitreg might be fine but there are some issues with the netcode in general. Even on a 100mbps connection with ~60 ping sometimes I get teleporting players, "frozen" enemies, etc.

Really, the two biggest problems with SC right now seem to be netcode and "interacting" with things.
>>
File: 20161228140957_1.jpg (610KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161228140957_1.jpg
610KB, 2560x1440px
forgive me padre for i have sinned
>>
>>163949892
>100% ranks

WHY
>>
>>163948536
I think you can run further in light or something? I don't know what the helmets do either. I wish they would just show stats for everything.
>>
File: 1449966462134.jpg (28KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1449966462134.jpg
28KB, 500x555px
Anyone tried out the new S3 missiles?

Need to know which one to skillfully spam
>>
>>163942376
>no Wingman's Hangar
Triggered.
>>
>>163950901
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/electronic-access/Weapon-Roms/Nova-Pyrotecnica-Viper-III
these things work fairly well
>>
>>163950901
Arrester S3 CS missiles are GOAT basically a mini version of the Gladiators Talon Stalkers but still big enough to reliably cripple a fighter if not kill it outright.
>>
>>163948536
Yes, you are faster. Its like 10% or so just off of eyeballing it, which is admittedly hard with the shit netcode.
>>
File: cannot into computer.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
cannot into computer.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>guns randomly switching to burst fire
>guns randomly not appearing in hands
>guns randomly being replaced with secondary, unable to equip main weapon at all until death
goddamn there's some frustrating bugs in SM. still having fun though
>>
>>163954910
webm pt. 2.

people sure suck at this game though, I have a consistently and unusually high KDR in the FFA mode because people are just retarded.
>>
>>163954910
guns not firing until you switch weapons is the worst one, so many deaths to that bug
>>
>>163949892
>tfw automatically read CR as Chris Roberts
>>
File: ladder hax.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ladder hax.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>163955178
that may be the burst fire one I experienced; it seems like you can't fire but really you just have to keep clicking M1 like it's a semiauto. no idea why it happens, seems like the gun has fire modes that you can't actually switch, but can be changed by bugginess.

also I discovered an MLG pro strat for going down ladders; if you're doing something else, or at least healing, not sure if it works with reloading, you won't grab the rungs and slowly clamour down, you'll just fall.
>>
>>163955654
Well.. the guns do have fire modes.

Ballistic has 3 round burst, auto and semi.
Laser rifle has 5 (?) round burst at a higher cyclic rate, auto and semi.
>>
>>163954910
>Randomly switching to burst fire

Really? Haven't had this happen
>>
File: Benis Parry.jpg (1MB, 1124x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Benis Parry.jpg
1MB, 1124x1076px
>>
>>163956369
Does Ben Parry work for CIG or Frontier? I've seen claims that he's working for CIG now.
>>
>>163955973
I was not aware of this. how are they switched between?
>>
>>163956437
V? C?

Button near the stimpack one, can't remember off the top of my head.
>>
>>163956424
SC forum badge say he works for CIG, so it's probably right
>>
>>163956712
yeah probably me slapping wildly at heals then. seems like a bad place for it. why do we need that at all?
>>
>>163956424
>>163956873
Worked for Frontier, switched to CIG
>>
Just tried playing E:D again. I'm guessing getting the DLC is fucking compulsory now because I just tried to 1v2 a Dropship and a Cobra in my Vulture, something I used to do EXTREMELY EASILY by the way, and I got fucking wrecked. Even the flying brick known as the Fed Dropship was able to outmanuever my once-king-of-the-bountyhunt Vulture. Fuck this bullshit. Thanks for the 8 gigs of freespace back on my harddrive, Frontier.
>>
>>163956873
>>163957250
Ah. I thought it was the opposite, worked for CIG, went to Frontier. And then was very confused why he went back to CIG but was still shitposting on Frontier's forums.
>>
>>163957415
The AI got buffed up and so did turrets IIRC.

But yes, Engineers made shit that was wildly overpowered.
>>
tfw the tacticool walk is too slow and sprinting is too fast
>>
>several guys have my back as we run up on the terminal
>toss a grenade to clear the area
>have a peek around, a few close blips but no visible enemies so I assume the others will protect me when they show
>they do not protect me, they aren't even looking
>after my death they take turns not protecting each other either and get shot in the back one by one
like fucking lemmings.
>>
>>163937530
Missiles are only an issue to Merlin pilots, everyone else more or less can shrug them off.
>>
>>163958131
Maybe S1s.

Anything S3 and up has the potential to OHK a Hornet. I would know, I'm being a cunt and farming REC easily with the things.
>>
>>163958242
The issue with missiles and merlins is that first you dont really have enough flares to stop a determined spam of missiles, second if you get hit, itd be nice if it killed you; instead everytime i get hit i lose everything but my life and am forced to aimlessly drift.

And as a Tali pilot enjoying fully these new missiles and fm changes....i am well aware of what OHKs.
>>
>>163958927
Talis are still limited to Torpedoes, right?

Can't switch anything out for the bigger new missile racks?
>>
>>163955654
thanks for the tip
>>
>>163957679
this, so much fucking this. And then, if you decide to forgo the terminal and try and cover them, them turn around and run back to spawn. Like, what the fuck is going through people's minds
>>
File: 1413473257354.png (17KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
1413473257354.png
17KB, 467x453px
tfw no one's following your hand signals
>>
File: Y3GOoqT.gif (997KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Y3GOoqT.gif
997KB, 500x700px
>>163960461
Its a game.
>>
>>163960461
they need to up the fucking contrast if they expect anyone to see anything another player is doing with their hands, I can rarely even tell when a grenade is being thrown
>>
File: RaiderClassCorvette.jpg (693KB, 4534x1916px) Image search: [Google]
RaiderClassCorvette.jpg
693KB, 4534x1916px
>>163940683
Pretty sexy
Too bad I don't have time for the grind.
>Always online
Just give me an offline mode with console commands damn it.
>>
>>163957532
I knew about the buffed up AI, so I was prepared for a challenge. What I wasn't prepared for was my large weapons doing literally nothing to a cobra that gets to spam boosters while firing plasma and a dropship literally spamming missiles faster than my two chaffs can reload. Artificial difficulty is NOT FUN.
At least I get satisfaction knowing the game is dying more and more with each half-baked DLC they release.
>>
>>163961167
>what if we made a TIE the size of a star destroyer?
that shit is retarded. what purpose do those giant baffles serve beyond brand recognition
>>
>>163960461
Sorry, I don't speak sign language.
>>
>>163962834
>Tie the size of a star destroyer

More like

>Let's shrink down an ISD a bit, make it into an assault ship, and put on some cool Tie interceptor wings
>>
File: aWs3XZ3.png (2MB, 2064x896px) Image search: [Google]
aWs3XZ3.png
2MB, 2064x896px
Posting it until you like it.

Until you hate it.

Until you want to destroy it with me.
>>
Every time I see videos of ships on youtube using broadswords or some other long range weapon it seems that players can only engage at 2 - 1,5 km at best.

That means even bigger ships are doomed to dogfighting and its impossible to "joust".
>>
>>163963206
are we even sure this hasn't been scrapped? it was leak material, much of which has been binned since.
>>
>>163963206
Looks different in the trailer, of course not accounting for the yellow 'paint scheme'.
>>
>>163962834
>what purpose do those giant baffles serve
What do they serve on Tie fighters?
It's 100% space magic. Who's to say they don't work that way?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOAZR2arpoE New SC vid.

Star Citizen: Making Lore - A Loremaker's Guide Special Edition
>>
>>163963503
>What do they serve on Tie fighters?
They are solar panels you dipshit.
>>
>>163963874
>solar panels
>no solar system
how do they work?
>>
>>163962834
>>163963503
I thought the the sides of a Tie fighter were its engine.

Twin
Impulse
Engine

No?
>>
>>163963874
>They are solar panels
lol no
>>
>>163962834
>brand recognition
Ties are made by Sienar Fleet Systems. That thing was put out by Kuat drive yards, their direct competitor IIRC.
>>
>>163964015
Why would you open your mouth when you have no fucking idea what you are talking about?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/LN_starfighter
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/72907/whats-the-purpose-of-solar-panels-of-tie-fighters

>>163963982
TIE fighters operate off of carriers/larger craft and thus are not likely to ever be outside of a solar system (themselves).

>>163963991
There is actually two small engines on the sides of the "body." See the diagram at the bottom of the second link above.
>>
>>163963982
Fine. They're PHOTOVOLTAIC panels. Happy now you utter pedant?
>>
>>163964942
>one person got my shitty joke
yes I am
>>
>>163965040
>I was only pretending to be an idiot.

Sure.
>>
>>163965040
Ok then. I was honestly worried you thought they had some other use.
>>
>>163963340
The trailer was a "Driller" which is think is a specialist carrier which deploys raw materials gathering ships for planetary resource extraction.

That picture I believe is a "Hunter" type destroyer the vanduul analogue for a javelin.
>>
>>163965183
>he still hasn't gotten the joke
>>
>>163965627
Harvester when
that think is fuckin spooky
>>
File: 122616.png (72KB, 1291x760px) Image search: [Google]
122616.png
72KB, 1291x760px
Bump.

R8 my autism.
>>
>>163968965
Hope you've got a substantial escort for that, anon
>>
>>163959026
Yeah were still stuck with the fuck your shit up torps. I hope we eventually get the ability to swap some of the torps out and put a hilariously large amount of smaller missiles in.
>>
File: fleet.png (39KB, 863x1416px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
39KB, 863x1416px
>>163968965
I'LL SHOW YOU. I'LL SHOW YOU ALL.
>>
>>163968965
>>163969597
what drives you people to buy so much
>>
>>163969597
Chris's kids will be sure to send you a thank you note for the college scholarship
>>
>>163903794

Off topic: havent goons lost all sov in EvE?
>>
File: ships.png (3KB, 235x110px) Image search: [Google]
ships.png
3KB, 235x110px
one EDC ship, one dedicated fighter, one troop transport/heavy ship to do FPS (and hopefully when it gets reworked it will be able to drop a rover, though I'm not counting on it)
>>
File: 1340648933685.png (8KB, 339x306px) Image search: [Google]
1340648933685.png
8KB, 339x306px
>>163970052
I feel happier to have pledged that money than I do to be alive. By a not small margin.

But more seriously, it's the game I've wanted since I was old enough to spell my own name. The amount of money was hardly the point. The point was to show intense and long-term support for not only the genre, but innovation in gaming in general. Publishers and developers have been rather stagnant, despite the big ones showing record profits across the board. They need someone to kick their asses into spending more riskily, and I believe Chris and Erin Roberts, and CIG, are the ones to do it.
>>
File: fleet.png (2KB, 258x32px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
2KB, 258x32px
>>
>>163969597
I don't believe you. Screenshots showing backer proof for all ships in that shot or bullshit.
>>
>>163970052
I've been waiting for this game for almost 20 years and I want it to be successful.

I trust not in Chris's management skills or business sense, but in his autism and desire to make the game he wants. He's wanted this to happen harder and for longer than any of us. I believe that he will do his best and while time may call our faith folly I would rather hope and fail than accept an eternity of shitty corporate profit designed games.

Better too ambitious than too cynically minimal.
>>
>>163937165
I've actually had the server say "15/20 players ready, starting match" and sat there for another 5 minutes. Something is busted with that too.
>>
>>163969053
I have a literal 1000 man multi platform and multi genre gaming group, our SC div will probably have at least ~250 members.
>>
File: Madness.png (1MB, 788x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Madness.png
1MB, 788x4000px
>>163970849
I had to update the dollar amount, since it's been a few months and I'm a subscriber.
>>
File: fleet.png (8KB, 290x130px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
8KB, 290x130px
>>163971429
Thanks for that. Fucking wow.
>>
>>163971429
>all these ships
>no retaliator

>PU
>im the only tali ever flying

i really am the only guy who owns and enjoys his retaliator.
>>
>>163971670
>enjoys

We've been over this
It's garbo
>>
>>163971670
>Dies to a half-competent fighter pilot
>No pilot-controlled guns
>Expensive torpedoes with relatively rare to no legitimate targets
>Missiles/Torpedoes act fucky as hell in the PU

yeah sounds like people should be lining up
>>
>>163963336
Since then it's been in a CR Sq42 update video as a greybox asset, and has also been in an artist portfolio picture later with textures and lights. I think it's staying.
>>
>>163971782
The only people who dont like Retaliators, have never tried them!

>he doesnt know about the salt dropping someones cat in 2 seconds with torps provides
>>
File: 1473186458864.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1473186458864.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>163971670
I just can't enjoy a ship of that size, meant for combat, with no pilot weapons. Every time a blip appears on my sensors I just sit there sweating, imagining the core going critical with nothing I can do to stop it, or eject (since you've got ten to fifteen good seconds trying to get to the escape pods from the cockpit), forcing my ass through my head as the last thing I feel in the universe.

I don't like feeling like I have no control over my fate.
>>
>>163971998
Are you sure you're not thinking of this?
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14774-Classified-Report-Vanduul-Bomber-Identified
>>
>>163972143
I know of every ship in this game. I'm aware of the Void. That is not what I'm referring to. I'm talking about the Vanduul Hunter destroyer.
>>
>>163972048
Of course!

>he doesn't know the feeling of being helplessly gunned down by a single ship
>>
>>163972234
Link something then. I don't remember seeing it anywhere apart from the model that was in the leaked build.
>>
>>163972371
Or the feeling of having a seizure in the cockpit due to wierd lighting effects causing a disco inferno before the aforementioned ship gunning him down vaporizes him.
>>
>>163972539
This has actually been fixed.
>>
File: l.jpg (25KB, 482x361px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
25KB, 482x361px
Who wants to take a big bite out of my giant bounty booty? I need to get rid of it but I want it to go to a good cause.
>>
>>163972469
This is the picture from the portfolio. The video was some kind of gamescom update. I can't remember which, but it had a gladius fly around vanduul fighters, the bomber, and had the destroyer in the background
>>
File: star-citizen2.jpg (31KB, 640x378px) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen2.jpg
31KB, 640x378px
>>163973187
fuck
>>
>>163973157
Can't reset your crime rating like that, if you were hoping to
>>
>>163948709
That's actually the server, I think. I was playing with a friend on Skype the other day and we both had periods where the entire server would lag. Everyone in the map seemed to be teleporting around, insta-killing, and impossible to kill. After a minute or two it would catch back up and things would be back to normal.
>>
>>163973425
This is E:D, it'll clear the bounty.
>>
>>163955654
C changes fire modes.
>>
File: 1468939575459.jpg (20KB, 243x240px) Image search: [Google]
1468939575459.jpg
20KB, 243x240px
They've been working on the Idris and Javelin for how fucking long?

When will they at least be hangar ready?

I know something happened that caused all of the "big" ships to grow to 2-3 times their original size but still...
>>
>>163973369
Ah yeah, that was from the website of Streamline Studios, some outsourcing company. They since removed SC from their portfolio entirely and the only reference to SC is a single cut in one of their videos from 2015. I'm not sure if their assets are even being used, considering the recent F42 video about the Vanduul ships.
>>
>>163973976
Not until Squadron 42, mate. The Idris is done, I think, and the only thing they had left to finish on the Javelin was the "missile bay," according to the CitizenCon livestream, I think.
>>
>>163973976
Idris is "done", but too large to fit in the current hangars, or any of the areas to fly one.

Probably see it in SQ42 for the first time.
>>
>>163974207
>the only thing they had left to finish on the Javelin was the "missile bay,
That was the Idris missile room actually.
>>
>>163973976
Bigger ship means more work obviously.
But the biggest issue thing with the Idris is it being in S42 meaning they have to make it fully functional with consoles, doors and every single object on the ship being functional and usable by the entire NPC crew.

The Javeling was introduced much later and has actually shown pretty good progress.
>>
>>163973976
It would only make sense for them to release those when 3.1+ is out. We currently don't even have the means to use it.

Wouldn't mind the polaris though :)
>>
>>163971042
well, thanks for funding the game I guess
>>
>>163973976
Both Jav and Idris are nearly done. Only reason they're not planned for release soon is CIG are being content prudes as always.
>>
>>163975271
I think it has more to do with netcode.
>>
>>163971670
I would have gotten one, I think it looks really good and still would like to get one ingame, but I bought a Redeemer instead
>>
How does the Vanguard perform as a heavy fighter with the Size 5 laser cannon?

Am I better off just sticking 4 size 5's on a Constellation?
>>
>>163976046
>Am I better off just sticking 4 size 5's on a Constellation?
Can't do that any more.
>>
>>163976046
You lose the size five cannon in a stiff breeze. Fucking sucks.
>>
>>163911236
said noone else.
>>
>>163976046
It's shit. Falls off quickly. It does decent damage I suppose. A constellation with 4 of those will shred. That's your best bet.
>>
What's going to be the biggest ship able to land on planets?
>>
>>163926153
That image is retarded. Our eyeballs aren't in the center of our heads.
Try again.
>>
>>163976927
Define "land"
>>
>>163919461

>but look how much money they have!

Er. Were given. They most certainly don't have that anymore.
>>
>>163977370
Pop down the landing gear, land on a pad or a conveniently flat piece of land, get out and smell the alien roses and/or kill some alien abos
>>
>>163977584
I think all ships will be able to find ways to set down without damage. Some just can't ever get back up.
>>
>>163977708
>Bengal carrier kisses the surface
>This is my home now
>>
>>163977708
I believe the biggest ship that can safely land on a planet and achieve orbit again is the Idris. Anything bigger and you've got a new, very costly and unsecure, planetary installation.
>>
>>163977708
>>163977973
Isn't there that scavenger planet that has a crashed Bengal on it that is used as like a base or something?
>>
>>163978064
One day we'll get a game which will be able to maintain massive ships crashing on planets and leaving behind their remains.
>>
File: 20161228195238_1.jpg (519KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161228195238_1.jpg
519KB, 2560x1440px
o lawd

greed is good
>>
>>163978220
I think that was a Javelin
>>
File: crashed.jpg (760KB, 1920x931px) Image search: [Google]
crashed.jpg
760KB, 1920x931px
>>163978405
that's a big Javelin
>>
>>163972134
It's quite good actually. Play guns of icarus online if you want it on the smaller scale. Communicating positioning with your gunners is a treat.
>>
>>163978365
I said safely land. I bet even a Retribution could crash on a planet.
>>
I have a Mustang Alpha. I'm tired of renting everything - what's the cheapest ship that will 1) be good enough for most races (given that I win half of them in the bloody mustang) 2) be combat capable such that I can have fun with it in swarm and PU?
>>
>>163979181
Mustang Delta
>>
>>163979132
But you also said

>very costly and unsecure plantary installation
>>
>>163979262
Sounds like "leaving remains behind" to me.
>>
>>163979250
It's not available at the moment.
>>
>>163979408
Wait for a sale. If you are short on cash at the time, get a CCU for it and get it when you have the scratch.

Not really anything else cheap to consider unless you want to roll the dice on the 300 series getting a good rework.
>>
>>163979640
Sorry but what's a CCU?
>>
What's the update on this game? They got planets you can land on yet? If not when? That's when I wanna buy it.
>>
>>163979640
Cross Chassis Upgrade. It's a way to laterally upgrade to a ship of the same cost.

If you want an M50, get a Cutlass black to M50 upgrade during a sale and buy the Cutlass at any time then apply the upgrade to get a limited ship,
>>
>>163979905
Oh I didn't know you could buy those - thanks.
>>
Why the fuck did they remove the ability to CCU to the Avenger Titan?
>>
>>163979852
Come back in 5-6 months.
>>
>>163980004
If the upgrade is for the same value ship, they are free and you can have as many as you like. I had my Freelancer Dur to 350r upgrade for a long while before I used it.
>>
File: prostitute-cicles.jpg (66KB, 646x292px) Image search: [Google]
prostitute-cicles.jpg
66KB, 646x292px
>tfw no prostitute-cicles
>>
File: 20161228211846_1.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161228211846_1.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
go try everspace when you get the chance familiars

it's not nearly as complex as SC/ED but it's breddy good

just thought i'd share 2bh
>>
So what things OTHER than a giant box are people expecting to go underneath Auroras eventually? I mean if that was the only thing it will ever support, there wouldn't be a whole lot of point to making that detachable instead of a bigger fixed cargo hold, would there? Anything you WANT your Auroras to be able to support (not necessarily well) there?
>>
Why doesn't CIG own starcitizen.com?
Kind of unprofessional.
>>
Should I CCU my Mustang Alpha to Aurora LX for free? Pros/cons?
>>
File: laat dropship.jpg (1MB, 1696x816px) Image search: [Google]
laat dropship.jpg
1MB, 1696x816px
>>163980679
>Expecting

Hoping that some sort of vehicle can be attached.
>>
do suckerpunches even do anything? I thought distortion damage would eventually cause an explosion but it doesn't seem to do anything

tfw only have a shitty avenger
>>
>>163981171
Theoretically distortion damage messes with power systems, but the guns are probably too weak to do anything. The EMP generator on the Avenger Warlock shits out 100k of it at once and shuts down pretty much everything in a 1km radius.
>>
>>163981014
I went the other way, the LX is awful.
>>
>>163981014
Rent one for 3k and try it.
>>
File: 1425195330369.png (45KB, 255x248px) Image search: [Google]
1425195330369.png
45KB, 255x248px
>still can't get in your ship in the hangar and fly out the door

honestly this would be cooler than any bullshit feature they could come up with
>>
>>163980293
Is it worth getting a delta or something in the mean time? I really dislike this mustang alpha.
>>
>>163982161
The Delta is in a perpetual state of being broken as fuck and the latest patch removed the ability to replace the rocket pods with guns, which is kind of what made it great at that price point.
>>
>>163982161
Gamma I mean to say*
>>
Is E:D good yet

should I reinstall and play another 20 hours or so before getting bored again

just got a new monitor and upgraded my video card
>>
>>163982161
Gamma isn't any better fighter than an Alpha, just faster. Rent an Avenger or 325a, but I don't think their handling is good enough for racing.
>>
>>163981561
I remember when Chris opened the doors and flew out for a livestream a long time ago, and crashed a few seconds later.
>>
File: lottaloyaltyforahiredshill.jpg (71KB, 1371x771px) Image search: [Google]
lottaloyaltyforahiredshill.jpg
71KB, 1371x771px
>>163978564
For you.
>>
Is the stealthy hornet actually stealthy?

I have a feeling it just has some random thing that makes it so you just need to be a few km closer to spot it, but that it ultimately doesnt really make a difference.
>>
>>163980679
>Stealth module
>A tractor beam
>A box-assembler to make boxes (and stuff nearby floating junk inside) that other Auroras can actually collect while in space
>An extendable magnet to latch onto surfaces with, use the ship as a crane, or to hang onto bigger ships
>A little Aurora-shaped toboggan that you can drop yourself straight from the bed part into
>Different kinds of scanners
Honestly I would only be annoyed if they put in something that would become mandatory for combat like a second thruster, an auto turret or more missile racks. It should always be some extra functionality utility that goes there that makes the ship multi-role.
>>
>>163983176
If CIG sticks to their ideal of military gear being good quality, but at a cost of higher signature, a non stealth Hornet should glow like a torch compared to a Mustang, for example.

I imagine the stealth Hornet will have the signature of a snub fighter or smaller, where a Super Hornet should be as big on scope as a Vanguard.
>>
>>163982687
Okay, thanks. So, at the end of the day, is the M50 the go to for racing?
>>
>>163984038
Yeah. The 350r is close, and better than everything else, but the M50 is dominantly better.
>>
>>163980679
I would exchange the bed for bracket to hold a Dragonfly.
>>
>>163984254
Why is there a best racing ship? Even fucking Mario Kart can give different racers different strengths to reach the goal from different focuses.
>>
So on a different note would a Gladius be decent for PU and swarm? As I can't get an M50 (or a Delta) at the moment, the Gladius is an upgrade that would allow me to buy up to them when they're available.
>>
>>163984549
>Why is there a best

Same reason there's a best race car in real life (in specific situations). Hopefully racing will be a thing of skill rather than what ship you have in the future.
>>
>>163984549
The M50 makes about the same thrust as a 350r at about 60% of the mass of a 350r. There is nothing else close atm. The Razor will probably be the only thing competitive, unless the 350r goes on a big fucking diet during the overhaul.
>>
How do I turn on the little fan in my Cutlass?
>>
File: DO NOT BRING UP THE FAN.jpg (31KB, 350x463px) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT BRING UP THE FAN.jpg
31KB, 350x463px
>>163985408
You don't.
>>
>>163986149
B-but it's hot in here anon. Even though I'm wearing a climate-controlled environmental suit. And surrounded by hundreds of miles of frozen vacuum.
>>
>>163985408
The Cutlass should have STATE OF THE ART AIR CONDITIONING, how fucking dare you want a working fan
>>
>>163986517
Heat venting is actually a pretty big problem in space since vacuum doesn't conduct it, so you can't easily lose it.
>>
File: they would never.jpg (225KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
they would never.jpg
225KB, 1080x810px
>>163986835
By that rationale, what good does a fan do you in space anyway? A fan accelerates the cooling effect of sweating by allowing you to reject more heat to your environment.

So now we have the pilot, copilot, and fan motor making heat in the cockpit with nowhere for the total accumulation of heat to go.

Ships with logical, thought out features when?
>>
>>163984714
It's got quite a nice missile loadout and decent hard-points If you're already planning on spending the money I say go for it a Gladius + skill can easily be more than a match for npcs and most players.
>>
>>163989019
Eventually the cabin of the Cutlass will be pressurized, which will make a fan of better/any utility.
>>
did they say what patch would have the depressurization system?
>>
>>163989505
except the interior atmosphere would just be heating up constantly because of electronics and biologicals. it needs to vent to an exterior environment, it's why the space station has huge thermal radiators that dissipate accumulated heat into the vacuum
>>
File: uwotm8.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>163989505
Anon, seriously. Think about what you wrote. When you pressurize the Cutlass's cabin, what do you pressurize it with? Or, another way to say it is, if the cabin is depressurized, what does the fan blow?

If the cabin isn't pressurized, there is no air for the fan to blow.
>>
File: 1471341519462.png (1MB, 1156x674px) Image search: [Google]
1471341519462.png
1MB, 1156x674px
tfw you melt faces in star marine with 360 degree vertical spins in zero g.
>>
>>163990380
uhhh he said pressurized not depressurized

the fan is for the comfort of the pilot not cooling the ship
>>
>>163991616
>he said pressurized
Right, meaning it is going to be and it is not pressurized now.

>the fan is for the comfort of the pilot not cooling the ship
Again, in a depressurized cabin aka vacuum, with the pilot wearing an environmental suit, what does the fucking fan do?

>I thought this was the more intelligent place to discuss this game.
>>
>I thought this was the more intelligent place to discuss this game

You one of them special ones aint ya boy?
>>
File: 187654034756.gif (970KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
187654034756.gif
970KB, 500x344px
>>163992529
>I thought

That's where I fucked up. Got it.
>>
File: B1uN2rM.gif (1022KB, 281x243px) Image search: [Google]
B1uN2rM.gif
1022KB, 281x243px
How the fuck are these fucking fucks so good at racing? Is there anyone in particular I should watch on YT for pointers?
>>
>>163994273
Practice, find the stupidest shortcuts you can find to maximize your time.
>>
>>163994394
https://youtu.be/yNWstjbdsgs
I was just watching this guy and realized just how bad I am.

I don't need another ship.
Buying an M50 won't make me a racer.
I'm not going to beat a good M50.
>>
File: ready.gif (539KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
ready.gif
539KB, 500x358px
>Want's to buy a ship
>Feel I skip content and the feeling of achievement by skipping ahead by buying things I want to obtain through playing
kill me now
>>
>>163995608
Even if you own a ship, you don't have to use it. I don't plan on using any ship I haven't gotten all the money needed to buy a new one.
>>
>>163995608
What ship, anon? I can help you rationalize it.
>>
>>163995713
>inb4 it's a Reliant
No way to justify that, sorry
>>
>>163995945
It's the only ship for Star Wars fan boys because it rotates for no sensible reason.

>There is a reason to own them all.
>>
File: kekELE.png (206KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
kekELE.png
206KB, 400x350px
>>163996108
>People literally only like them because there's a hinge
>>
>>163995171

Do good quake players stop you wanting to play FPS? Or Korean SC2 players stop you playing RTS?
>>
>>163996407
Not at all. I just can't afford an M50 for a while and my Hornet loaner is already 13.6k REC a week in gear, I'm not grinding an M50 plus that every week, that's just not fun. I'll drive my 350r until I can't get better and by then I'll get an M50.

But not a Razor. Fuck that thing.
>>
>>163995713
I got a Titan, but want a Cutlass.
I feel I skip the feeling of achievement.
>>
>>163997646
Look at it this way. If you could only have one, which of the following would you rather do:

>Grind for a Cutlass in an Avenger

>Grind for an Avenger in a Cutlass

I choose my comfy Cutlass
>>
File: Cutlass Blue 2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cutlass Blue 2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>163997646
Most of the feeling of achievement in the game will be upgrading and making your ship exactly what you want it to be. The hull you choose is a jumping off point for what you want to be, not the end goal.
>>
>>163998008
Love that chassis. Hope there's a way to rip the cells out.
>>
>>163998179
Well the Cutlass hull is the same on all variants isn't it?
>>
>>163997904
If I got a Cutlass, I wouldnt have bothered getting an Avenger. I would rather buy a Sabre or Hornet for the money I gain with the Cutlass.

It feels like the Aurora, Mustang and Avengers (Not warlock), are just starter shit that is just there for you to progress from lvl 1 to lvl 2, then each ship after that is every tenth level if you know what I mean.
>>
File: 4521162.jpg (32KB, 201x400px) Image search: [Google]
4521162.jpg
32KB, 201x400px
>>163998008
>>163998179
You guys aren't narcs are you? You have to tell us if you are. You got a po po spess ship.
>>
>>163998563
Also, I know each ship has a role, but those ships are surpassed by other ships in almost every way.
>>
File: NotANarc.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NotANarc.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
>>163998706
A narc? No, can't be. I'd know a Advocacy Agent if I saw one, and neither I or my ships fit the description. Got any space weed, by chance? I've been craving it lately.
>>
File: Cheech_ba6868_861958.gif (515KB, 250x144px) Image search: [Google]
Cheech_ba6868_861958.gif
515KB, 250x144px
>>163999423
I got space coke.
>pic related
>>
>>163999225
I think the idea is that those three ships in particular are cheap, fuel efficient, reliable and numerous so finding parts and upgrades should be easier and less expensive than other more specialized ships. Even though I have a couple more high-end ships I kept my starter mustang and converted it to the Beta so I can use it as a runabout. This is all assumption though, right now they are pretty much universally outclassed except for a couple variants.
>>
File: Variation_contact_sheet.jpg (739KB, 2000x2830px) Image search: [Google]
Variation_contact_sheet.jpg
739KB, 2000x2830px
>Not going to Xi'an space for

Color: Street name for a tranquilizer and knock-out hallucinogen, believed to be Xi’An in origin. Looks like flakes of bark. It’s lethal in heavy concentrations (many who try injecting it die immediately); it’s meant to be ingested. The digestion process distills it to where it just messes you up. Getting ‘colored’ is like taking a massive journey into your own mind. To the outside world, you’re nearly comatose, but to you, it’s a wild trip. A handful of religions have been started after a user took a dip in color. Aside from the toxic element, there’s a chance you won’t come down from the high. They call this ‘getting disconnected.’ Users stay locked in their own head until their brain decays.
>>
>>163998248
Nope. Look at them together. Blue is different
>>
File: fzUo11f.gif (1018KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
fzUo11f.gif
1018KB, 300x167px
>>164000283
I'm there dude.
>>
>hearing lots of praise for star marine
>after an age downloading update start it up
>play it for 5 minutes before stopping
What the fuck are they doing

What the fuck is /scg/ smoking

This is fucking atrocious
>>
>>164001026
Thanks for your opinion, blog link? Where do I subscribe?
>>
>>164001026
Wood tastes pretty good if you've been living on mud.
>>
>>163918487
Holy hell, this is what happened in a Minecraft server I made recently. I included a roleplaying plugin on request where people could grind monsters or harvest to earn points so they could buy upgrades to their kingdoms, i.e guards etc.

And then people complained to me several times that people were just having fun and ignoring the grind, building their homes and killing monsters for fun.

Like what the fuck, it doesnt have to be a grind. Why do these people torture themselves so much?
>>
>>164001215
How do you take an engine made for shooters that is smooth as fuck and make it this fucking awful though?

This is literally more clunky than Arma.
>>
>>164001418
God damn I guess so

Thank fucking god the space combat got better I guess otherwise this would have been pretty disappointing.
>>
>>163928529
I agree. I donated in late 2012 not expecting to even be able to test any part of the game until 2016 with the "official" launch around 2019 or 2020. I get that people are impatient and want to see a finished product that stuck to the original timeline, but the scope of the game has increased so much that it added years to development time. I'm just glad they seem to care about doing things right instead of trying to rush something out and having it flop like ED.
>>
>>164002754
> I donated in late 2012

proof
>>
File: exoplanet_neighborhood_large.png (443KB, 1638x1088px) Image search: [Google]
exoplanet_neighborhood_large.png
443KB, 1638x1088px
>>164002754
I'd bet a lot of people are watching this project to see if consumer patience can actually withstand development times when the usually unannounced early years are included like this.
>>
>>164003310
Now that you mentioned it, I'm wondering how much money all of the SC clickbait articles have generated.
>>
>>164003053
Not him but whats surprising about that? So did I.

It was when the kikestarter was.
>>
>>164001519

The actual movement is much smoother than ARMA, the the interaction right now is really shitty. I was hoping that they would copy ACE mod or Squad, but the SC interaction system is just a reskinned ARMA scroll wheel which fucking sucks.
>>
>>164006978
Yep, scroll wheel is one of the worst features of the entire series, and its been in since Flashpoint.

It actually makes me angry thinking about the number of times its fucked me
>>
what ship should I rent for AC?
>>
>>164008745
aurora LN
>>
can I change the avenger nose gun yet?
>>
>>164008745
What do you want to do? Race? Vanduul/Pirate Swarm? Battle Royale?
>>
>>164009278
battle royal

for fun
>>
>>164009168
Pretty sure no.
>>
>>164009326
I will restate LN; you won't look like a threat, but you will be one.
>>
>>164009326
>for fun

Then the ship you find most enjoyable to fly. Easy
>>
>>164003053
>>164003310
>>164004885

I missed the kickstarter campaign by a few weeks, but I remember donating $85 (for a 325a) just after Christmas 2012. It's not a $15,000 "donation" for a Javelin, but it's what I could contribute at the time to help fund a game I'd really like to see. It's cool that CIG isn't caving to pressure to rush the game, because they decided to add so much to the original project. Essentially they're making four or five games in one (you can count however you like), not to mention building and heavily modifying game engines and implementing new technologies at a level of graphical fidelity and scale I honestly haven't seen before. That's going to add a significant amount of time, but at least they've made good progress so far, even with the setbacks and people constantly throwing up their hands saying it's a scam or going to become abandonware. I view Star Citizen and CIG like a certificate of deposit; I put in some money a long time ago and eventually it will pay off. It's cool to check on the game's progress every so often and see what progress they've made, but I'm not going to autistically analyze every detail of a game that's still in alpha development and then hound the developers and scream bloody murder when they decide to change something.

Hopefully we'll have a basic working universe in 2018 and version 1.0 will be released in 2020. If it's sooner, great. If not, at least we know it will be polished.
>>
>>164009809
It took you 2 hours to write all that?

I don't have time for it right now, kiddo. But I promise to save it and read it...later...sometime.
>>
>>163904901
You sound like a right faggot.
Kill yourself.
>>
File: modhatter.jpg (406KB, 1111x497px) Image search: [Google]
modhatter.jpg
406KB, 1111x497px
>p-please stop calling out our bullshit meister
>>
>>164011853
man I assumed that was an SA post, but that's frontier forum isn't it
>>
File: 1432703637196.png (83KB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
1432703637196.png
83KB, 274x237px
>>164011853
Is Ben really trying to damage control the entire super-ED hate thread?

>mfw a thread on a forum hating another game gets more traffic and activity than their game does in a year
>>
>>164001026
The way the people here shill for the game you actually might think it's good. I know I did
>>
>>164012341
He said he just hates inaccuracies and needs to point them out. Also goes for extreme fanboyism (like when that post on Ribbit about pre-baked reflections got 5k upvotes)
>>
>>164011853
>Infamous letter
Does he mean the one that led to:
- a massive spike in funding
- the complete disarray of smarties
- the end of gaming "journalists" casually slandering CIG
- massive public attention for the Star Citizen project

Is that the one he means?
There is no such thing as bad publicity.
>>
>>164013889
bububut it was so unprofessional. CEOs are supposed to speak law-hebrew and PR yiddish at all times
>>
what size 2 guns should I rent?
>>
>>164014748

M4A if you want laser, Tarantula if you want ballistic.
>>
>>164014748
m4s or Strife MDs

strifes clearly got drastically nerfed then forgotten about somewhere half way thru 2.6 development tho, they barely function at all and youre better off with literally whatever you find easiest to land hits with. they do alot of dmg but they've lost any real long range utility they had and the pip reticle for them is way the fuck off on every ship i've used them on.

m4s will hit what you aim at
>>
do ballistics still go right through shields?
>>
>>164015118
small % of the damage will until shields go down

havent noticed any appreciable benefit to it in 2.6 though. if anything i feel like im wasting alot of time and ammo hitting something 30 times for 5-15 dmg before i start seeing triple digits
>>
>>164012341
>Is Ben

Wrong Ben
>>
>>164015359
Feedback for hits is garbage on either end.

If I'm shooting someone, they feel like a sponge whose shields never seem to go down even with full energy weapons, they just die first.

If I'm getting hit by someone with powerful ballistics, more often than not I go from being fine to dead as shit in a cloud of debris near instantly
>>
>>164017079
agreed

I don't like the newer explosion effects either. One of the earlier versions looked way better.

your ship should just shut down and drift unless you get killed by a missile or huge guns. I hope they rethink it when they do rescue and salvage updates
>>
>>164017337
ships aren't supposed to always explode, that will probably just be an AC thing
>>
File: Polaris-LandedCircle.jpg (832KB, 1920x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Polaris-LandedCircle.jpg
832KB, 1920x1102px
Flyable when?
I wanna wave my dick around.

Also why isn't the circle a modular socket. You know it should be a modular socket lurking CIG ship designers.
>>
Anyone else think the Prowler seems badass as fuck? I mean, not super practical to have around as its incredibly niche and I'm sure as hell not gonna pay that absurd price for it. But, still, pretty damn cool and has Tevarin lore attached to boot.
>>
File: road map.png (3MB, 1007x2828px) Image search: [Google]
road map.png
3MB, 1007x2828px
>>164019634
Its not even on this, so I don't know anon. For your sake, I hope its gonna be soon.
>>
>>164019893
I actually think its turbo autistic and gay. One of the few concept ships I didn't look at twice and never considered buying. Its literally the redeemer but somehow miraculously worse and more expensive.

It's going to be a meme ship and a hangar queen.
>>
>>164019893
it'll probably be badass in sq42.

in the persistent universe? not really.
>>
>>164020019
I know its not gonna be soon.
However I feel that if enough whining is applied it will be changed into a modular concept like the retaliator before it goes into actual design.

I dont even care if they design other modules now, just build it so the hangar can be replaced with "other things" A single fighter bay is such a massive and fragile waste of space. Fighter flies out, is out of the cap class shields, get fragged, now your fighter bay is just wasted, combat ineffective ship mass and volume.
>>
>>164020218
The hangar is mainly for rearming and refueling, you want fighter support as a Polaris.
You also seem to think the capital shields will be some kind of invulnerability shield.
>>
>>164020368
Not him and I don't have (or esp want) a cap ship, but:

I certainly hope cap ships have shields that can take an extreme pounding from 1 man fighters. Pulling from WC games, you either need bigger craft or specialized weapons (torps) to take down cap ships.
>>
>>164020542
There is a demonstration video of the Gemini shields somewhere with like 8 ships unloading on it for close to a min
>>
>>164020984
Good, this is what I'm talking about. They shouldn't be able to just sit in one place all day. But if all you are blockading with is just auroras and cutlasses, then a cap ship should be able to just cruise on through.
>>
>>164020368
A missile bay or gun turret or EWAR/C&C center/Drop pod launcher/Cargo bay inside the shields will be safer and more durable than a fighter or utility ship outside of them is all I'm saying. If whatever it is you are carrying in the bay is destroyed ~1/3 of your ships utility is probably gone and you are RTB with a failed mission.

Cap shields will not be an immovable object, but they will probably render you all but immune less than say an S3 gun or missile, simply in math terms the larger ships can dump power to shields and recharge faster than light craft can deal damage.

As to the fighter escort thing Im sure that'll be true if the polaris is operating alone in dangerous space, but Im sure they're gonna also be used as escort vessels themselves for larger ships and in that scenario one more fighter is less valuable them a more capable self contained escort.

If you're anywhere near friendly stations as a patrol ship it would probably make more sense to just radio in for fighter support and hold out for five minutes while they arrive. If its enough threat that the polaris needs help its probably more of a threat then a single fighter can repel anyway. The only real advantage of the fighter/support ship as I see it is either to have a forward scout to feel out areas before the corvette ventures in(Gladius, Terrapin, Hornet or some other role focused ship) or as a gunboat/boarding craft/landing ship for an away team(something like a cutlass black or similar flexible multirole.

I just see the hangar being as much of a restriction as it is an asset, it keeps the polaris from integrating well as a dedicated fleet support ship in the flak, fire support or EWAR/C&C roles. We still lack a truly flexible light cap ship, the Polaris is a fast attack craft, the Idris is an escort carrier the jav is a dedicated gunship and also not a "light" cap at all really, being 300 meters long and requiring like 40+ crew.
>>
File: 1373308261891.jpg (52KB, 551x407px) Image search: [Google]
1373308261891.jpg
52KB, 551x407px
>>164021213
>yfw BMM had class 7 shields for blockade running

I don't even care if the strip the guns on it just keep my 2 large pilot guns upfront and the shields and Ill be fine just able to kill a couple cutlass and live without going into panic mode
>>
>>164021269
You'll need a fighter screen for anything that can't dogfight if you want to survive.

This is CR game.
>>
>>164021638
>class 7
takes me back, anon.
Thats older than Size ratings, and even Size is going away with item 2.0
>>
>>164022394
>and even Size is going away with item 2.0
What does that mean? How will the parts be differentiated by ship size?
>>
When's the next sale supposed to come along?
>>
>>164023401
Not for a long while.
>>
>>164022314
Even large subcaps can already shrug off attack from single fighters for quite a while. I think you underestimate how often the solution to attack is going to be dumping power to shields and engines and running.
>>
>>164022884
Components are going to small, medium, large and capital sizes, rather than 1-10 or whatever.

Ship's will have slots to put components in, that much hold 1 medium or 3 small shields. So you have redundancy or raw power.
>>
>>164023702
Might*, fucking phone.

You get the idea.
>>
>>164000243
Out of all starter ships I think Mustang Deltas will carry the farthest into an actual niche, that being their incredibly small cross-section for a ship that is both nimble enough to be a racer and very heavily armed for anything near the same size, save for Aurora LNs (as well as I believe the smallest and fastest thing with a turret?). It'll depend on how much racer spec you can push onto it with the fighter hardpoints in the future. If that shit combines well enough it'll be a mix of speed, smallness and power that does not exist elsewhere. A purely theoretical dogfighting master who can dodge anything when put in a ship fast and small enough could prefer it to heavier fighters who actually have, you know, defenses. With the turret that'll be able to fire behind, it's a flitty pest that practically benefits from being chased, unlike other small quick things.

People prefer heavier things right now to be able to just blow something up quickly and move on, though. Delta's more of a duelist and it can't end a fight in an instant. PU and 1v1 material, not much for free for all score-racking.
>>
3.0 when?
>>
>>164023702
So for example, a ship with a medium generator slot might have 6 slots, and a small generator would be 1 or 2 slots. and a cheap medium generator would be 4 slots and a good one 6 slots.

Something like that? Socket count per item and total number of sockets available on the ship?
>>
>>163969597
>2 sabres
>>
>>164011853
Myself I support him answering to DS.
True DS isn't particularly convincing but casually reminding how STUPID Derek really is and how bad he is as a developer do detract slander and click-bait

clickbait website will willingly publish lies as long as it look true. But they won't if it's already exposed as lies. You don't click on bait every body know to be false.
Even the slanders about (for example) SC change of game Engine only limited themselves to "it will slow development" and not the claim that it's make MMO impossible.
>>
Best Size 2 missiles for a target with no shields?

Trying to figure out what to pair with my missile+EMP warlock strafing.
>>
>>164025101
Dominators are good. I'm curious about the cluster damage from the Rattlers though. You should try both and report back. Missile testing seems woefully under performed nowadays.
>>
>>164025101
>>164025338
The Cutlass comes with both. I much prefer the Rattlers. For the Warlock, you won't need the extra range from Dominators. Rattlers also lock on faster. Athough I can't tell much of a difference in effectiveness, I think the Dominators are a little stronger.
>>
>>164025101
>>164025338
>>164025684
Well, I can report one thing. I just tried Tempest II. A strafe run of 2x Tempest hitting after EMP devastates everything. Just won a round of Battle Royale with 4 kills.

I'll try Rattlers next since they seem amusing.
>>
>>164021269
>cap shields

Btw : the shield of the Polaris is a Large one (Starfarer) not a Capital one.

Also the hangar is perfectly logical, just like the lack of big gun and even the rescue missions.
It's shield are too weak to take a pounding from Capital ship and it can't be fast AND power a superweapon as well. Hence the torpedo.
It's silly to believe the hangar is an hindrance. It add 0 Mass and the engine needed to be "spread for fast rotation".

If you replaced the center by a superweapon it would also need more power, more shield, more mass. Result : a weapon too weak to damage Javelin-tier, a shield too weak to resist attack, and a ship too heavy to flee.

But with a hangar you gain the ability to Project force ahead, send an heavily armored scout & retrieve pilots (that's like the Terrapin was built for it).

I do see of course a lot of room for variation but as it is it make the more sense.
It's a space frigate, but rather than carrying an helicopter it carry a spacecraft
>>
>>164025338
>Missile testing seems woefully under performed nowadays.

Its performed as much as you would expect from a mechanic that is extremely temperamental.

My missiles can sometimes OHK a Hornet that is perfectly fine, do literally no damage, or a couple of hundred that seems to actually do fuck all because its spread across every section of the ship and it would take a dozen to actually kill the thing.

There is also the ongoing desync / "missile hits a target despite being nowhere near it" issue.
>>
>>164024352
From the sounds of things its like an inventory system in Resident Evil or similar games.

Each ship has a predetermined number of "slots" for a particular component (or maybe even a universal number, its vague) so its up to you how you fill them.

I don't think things like generators will give you these slots, just give "x" power, allowing you to choose what you can actually fit in the "shield" slots while still having enough power, or something along those lines.
>>
Why does the Freelancer have a better missile loadout than a Gladiator (without the S5s)? The Freelancer has 2 S4 and 2 S3 hardpoints. The S4s alone give it the same missile capacity as the Gladiator.
>>
>>164027479
>Why does the Freelancer have more missiles than the Gladiator, as long as we ignore its biggest missile hardpoints

uh
>>
File: bzIC9H3.jpg (152KB, 1546x773px) Image search: [Google]
bzIC9H3.jpg
152KB, 1546x773px
>>
File: NxtiyGb.jpg (356KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
NxtiyGb.jpg
356KB, 1920x960px
>>
>>164027479

You are this anon >>163923526 aren't you? If you aren't happy with your Glad then melt it. Like I said before, you're right if you are going to not "count" what is taking up a lot of your loadout space. That's a big if though.

Way I see it, you got one of two problems. Either you're forum-dading and bitching about how your special snowflake ship needing buffs; in which case, get the fuck over it. Or, you don't like the torpedoes. If its the later, then maybe think about attaching yourself to something other than a torpedo boat?

Or maybe I'm completely off base and you are about 3 mins from calling me a faggot.

Whatever the case, stay away from my freelancer.
>>
>>164028921
>You are this anon aren't you?
No, I'm not. But still, considering that the Gladiator is filling some kind of fighter-bomber role I'm not seeing how giving more anti-fighter missiles to a space truck that costs 2/3 as much is a great idea. It makes some sense on the Vanguard since its gun loadout is lacking to say the least.
>>
>>164028921
No, that poster isn't me talking about the external load.

Nice to see other people thinking its a little weird. Calm down there, chief.
>>
If star citizen turns out to be a success will Activision or EA try to do a hostile takeover?
>>
>>164028921
>something other than a torpedo boat?

Gladiator was never sold as a torpedo boat, anon.
>>
>>164029771
they're a privately owned company.
>>
>>164029771
CIG isn't publicly traded.

Unless there is some special leverage to bear, EA has no method of performing a hostile takeover. They can't simply buy all their stock up.
>>
>>164029771
Going public would be the most retarded thing CIG could do.
>>
>>164029771
Also, SC is already a success. Assuming they spend all lf the money pledged so far on the game, any sales post-release are pure profit.
>>
>>164025835
>>164025684
>>164025338
So, the 2x Tempest had a hard time killing a Super Hornet in one sweep, do to it's shape. It'd hit the same area twice, leaving it completely disabled, but alive. Unfortunately my main weapons are fried for so long I can't follow it up for the kill. I'll need to see if I can change to something that will work after an EMP faster.

2x Rattlers on the other hand... Since they do damage over a spread, they are far more effective. Killed a Super Hornet, reloaded from it's corpse, then killed another moments later, as soon as my EMP charged again.

It was glorious.
>>
>>164030634
I feel like missiles will be a lot more scary once distortion weapons work properly.
>>
Since there seem to be a few Gladiator fans here, Cutlass Black (plus Blue upgrade I haven't applied yet) and Gladiator or a Vanguard Harbinger? I like how the Gladiator looks and when I tried it in the past it handled reasonably well, but I dunno how it performs in the new flight model. However, I'm also a fan of the concept of the Vanguard but apparently it's not doing so well right now.
>>
>>164032167
In case it's not clear, I'd have to melt the Cutlass to get the Vanguard.
>>
>>164032167
How about just one ship?
I don't get you whales, what's the point in owning so many expensive ships when you can only fly one at a time.
>>
>>164031234
I will say, I'm doing a shitload of damage, disabling a target is almost guaranteed. I'm just not finishing them off reliably.

I'll end up needing a final kill to win, having only 2 kills under my belt. I have to take into consideration approach, target trajectory, etc.
>>
>>164033060
So, a bit counter-intutive, Size 1 energy weapons are fireable almost immediately after an EMP, so I snagged my M3As off my Aurora. While it's a bit harder to aim thanks to almost no engine control, I can now finish off at least some of the targets I don't instagib.

Warlock vs Sabre?
Warlock vs Super Hornet?
Warlock wins, so long as I have missiles.
>>
>>164023932
Ya I think a skilled merc will be able to cut some nice wide margins in a delta or even a bucc, though that's not really a starter, as they'll be capable of coming through on the jobs most would use a more expensive but less cost efficient fighter for. I'd expect those jobs to be priced to accommodate even the SHornet, Cutlass, Sabre or Gladiator's running costs so ya potentially very lucrative indeed. With regard to mustangs, I plan to push the Beta towards speed, jump range and shield in that order. I figure anything more than modest weapons on a personal shuttle / space RV like the Beta the way I intend on using it would be a waste of power better used elsewhere.
>>
>>164032361
I suppose there must be time where you have to fight army with an Argo and time where you just want to haul box with a Bengal

wait...
>>
>>164029778
Doesn't matter what it was sold as. The Freelancer was sold as something different than it is today. What it is NOW though, is a torpedo boat.

>>164029408
>>164029483
>>164029778
Also, there's a samefag somewhere in here.
>>
File: 1479243272453.jpg (119KB, 505x623px) Image search: [Google]
1479243272453.jpg
119KB, 505x623px
>they removed the ability to CCU to the Avenger Titan

BAD GOYIM
>>
>>164036390
What it is NOW doesn't matter dick, retard
>>
>>164037643
Probably just Turbulent being incompetent again. Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>164037649
Why is that? That is percisely the concern. We live in the present, not the past.

Unless you are saying what it will be the future matters, in which case I agree. Trouble is accurately predicting the future. Did you have some notions of what it will become?
>>
>>164038941
>Why is that? That is percisely the concern

Because the game lacks half its mechanics?

Wouldn't call the Caterpillar an empty space transportation vehicle because the cargo mechanics are missing, either.

>Unless you are saying what it will be the future matters, in which case I agree. Trouble is accurately predicting the future. Did you have some notions of what it will become?

Yes, what it was actually sold and described as. Which doesn't necessarily have ANYTHING to do with torpedoes.
>>
>>164038941
>We live in the present

How is it presently a "torpedo boat" when it has no torpedoes, champ
>>
This is the first game where it won't be the developers who are responsible for a non existent player base but the autist who edged them on to make the game more complex and more demanding than the previous build.
>>
>>164039358
that's not really what's going on for SC or ED
>>
>>164039358
>More complex

To think there are retards that can't fly a ship and occasionally play a first person shooter. Baffles me.
>>
Is it worth getting the Avenger Stalker package over the Aurora?

I was looking to upgrade my Aurora to LN for extra firepower anyway, but I really like the extra space you get with the Avenger.
>>
>>164039358
With the level of funding CIG have, I'm confident that they'll manage to pull something pretty good out of it.
>>
File: Kumiko (46).png (284KB, 629x643px) Image search: [Google]
Kumiko (46).png
284KB, 629x643px
>>164040750
>too big to fail
>>
>>164040206
>Stalker

No. Get the Titan. Upgrade Titan when game goes live.
>>
So people know what game we're talking about, depending on the game put SC or ED in your Name section of the post. So this post would have been about SC.
it's just like the post flairs on reddit, makes it easier for everyone. Got it?
>>
>>164041251
Yeah, let's just put the topic we're talking about or replying to in our name section!
>>
>>164041251
I hate Elite Dangerous
>>
>>164032361
Just in case this isn't bait I'll use myself as an example. My largest ship is the Carrack which will likely cost quite a few credits to outfit and crew for long expeditions. I want to focus on exploration so I intend to funnel most of my credits towards the Carrack but credits must be earned so I have a Super Hornet and Gladiator for merc work as well as an M50 REC cow that is acting as a placeholder until the Cutlass and Freelancer variants are nailed down. Finally I have a Happy Merchantmobile that a trade(spreadsheet) enthusiast friend is willing to run for me as a travelling boutique for the assorted relics and curios I acquire through exploration. Profits are a 60/40 split my way but so is the insurance deductible. Running costs will be his problem but I'll be passing it off with a full cargo load so that's where he earns his 40%. I fully expect him to counter-jew me eventually but the free credits will be good while they last. I have nothing against those who want to go the ladder progression route but I have the money to potentially go this other route which I'd greatly prefer. It's not like I'm demanding or even claiming a clear-cut advantage as a result (Could still fuck everything up and end up in debt maybe?), I just know which ships I want bad enough that saving the UEC required to buy them in-game will feel like a chore. Considering the time it will likely take to earn all my ships in-game I've paid more to avoid less work having a deck built or my driveway re-paved. Ultimately I just want to experience something akin to what it must've felt like the first time people played the space games I missed out on like the Wing Commander series or Escape Velocity, which I would love to have experienced as a kid, but I was 100% book focused growing up until I could afford to buy my own computer.
>>
>>164040897
There's no upgrade to Titan. Can only go from Mustang Alpha to Avenger Titan
>>
>>164041331
Well it makes sense, you don't have to be a cunt about it.......

>>164041251
Forgot to add that if there is no game-related discussion put Other.
>>
Do you think there will be thicc in Star Citizen?
>>
File: 1479040934903.png (17KB, 200x94px) Image search: [Google]
1479040934903.png
17KB, 200x94px
>>164041251
You need to go back.
>>
>>164041410
Stalker*
>>
>>164041527
Can we atleast give it a go??
>>
File: Frontier Forums.jpg (229KB, 1185x545px) Image search: [Google]
Frontier Forums.jpg
229KB, 1185x545px
>>164011853
>>164013889
>>164014394

iMadethis(tm)
>>
>>164041410
I said when the game goes Live. Aka, not paying money for the ship. The Avengers are all the same ship just with slightly different internals.
>>
File: 1351784509214.png (95KB, 431x551px) Image search: [Google]
1351784509214.png
95KB, 431x551px
>>164041365
>Considering the time it will likely take to earn all my ships in-game I've paid more to avoid less work having a deck built or my driveway re-paved.
>paying more to play less

I'm not going to resurrect the whole progression =/= content argument from a few threads back but in my opinion your line of thinking is akin to justifying using cheats in a game to 'avoid the boring part'.

Also please learn to use formatting on your posts.
>>
File: 1475444657063.gif (986KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475444657063.gif
986KB, 300x300px
>Cutlass Blue Anniversery package
>Polaris LTI
How'd I do aside from spending probably too much money on a crowdfunding campaign.
>>
File: FdevMods.jpg (337KB, 1137x875px) Image search: [Google]
FdevMods.jpg
337KB, 1137x875px
>>164041636
I made an even better one in hindsight.
>>
I've got that loaner hornet everyone has. What is the most OP gear to equip it with to complete vanduul swarm and pirate swarm with relative ease?
>>
>>164039172
If we can't discuss a ship because
>the game lacks half its mechanics
then why the fuck are we discussing the loadout of one ship compared to another? You can't have your cake and eat it too

>have ANYTHING to do with torpedoes
The very first page of the Gladiator brochure is entitled Torpedoes & Missiles in which it says says "the T8A Gladiator’s prime function is as a heavy ordnance platform."

Need I go on.

>>164039285
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

The gladiator has two size 6 missile hardpoints. On these, you can equip several size 5 missile/torpedoes. See https://robertsspaceindustries.com/electronic-access/Weapon-Roms/Talon-Reaper-V where it clearly delineates this size/capacity/form-factor of missile as a torpedo. We on the same page?
>>
>>164042575
What infamous letter?
>>
>>164042780
CR's ebin rant about what a bunch of kikes the escapist and Dsmart are
>>
>>164042780
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

He even calls them out on their reporter's SJW feminist bullshit, the madman.
>>
>>164042773
>If we can't discuss a ship because
never said
>Need I go on.
yes
>>
>>164020984
>>164021213
Starfarers dont even go down to torps well either tho, it takes all 6 from a tali to kill a starfarer, a car by contrast only takes 3, or if you want to disable it, two.
>>
>>164029771
Worst case scenario EA/Acti/Ubi will just shove a load of cash in CRs face, then its just a test of how much he can withstand.
>>
>>164043773
You are officially either playing at being retarded or just a retard. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
>>
>>164044661
Don't worry, you'll grasp it eventually poppet
>>
>>164044567
Is Roberts' autism more powerful than the coffers of EA Games? Stay tuned to find out!
>>
>>164032326
>>164032167
The vanguard is meme tier and the Harbinger is not even flyable yet.

The gladiator is a dedicated strike fighter with a Shitload of missiles, the vanguard is a big fat long range ship that gets forced into every role. Also the harbingers costs more than a Tally bomber. If you're gonna spend money get the best bomber instead of the worst.
>>
>>164043689
>He even calls them out on their reporter's SJW feminist bullshit, the madman.

I don't mean to pee in your cheerios, anon, but didn't Chris blame GG in that rant?
>>
>>164044567
If he sells out after we've given him $130 million specifically to avoid having a developer some sperg will kill him and he knows it.

He would literally never be able to show his face in public again because he literally cheated and sold out nearly a million people.

I know you goons are trying to come up with the next meme now that all your other ones are dead, but this is a non starter.
>>
>>164044173
Uh m8 I literally rekt a Crewed StarG with a volley of S3s missiles from another star G and some chin gun fire this morning, thing died in like 30 seconds.
>>
>>164045546
>implying im a goon because i listed the only thing that could realistically happen
>>
>>164045664
Well ive never attacked one with anything but my tali, but a 100% hp and shields starfarer takes all 6 tali torps to die.
>>
>>164041919
I don't see the ships as targets to become platforms to grind towards new target platforms to complete an imaginary checklist so it's paying more to play the same amount but of exactly what I want instead of what I can afford. It's pretty standard capitalism really. What this comes down to is a debate about the "right" way to play games which is utterly pointless because most everybody outside of the argument thinks video games should be for fun if anything at all. It comes down to who cares more and it's rarely the "haves" starting this nonsense.
Your formatting preference is not my problem, I was explaining myself honestly in case you genuinely wanted to know why I've spent more money on this game than most. Granted I could've used a paragraph division or two and there was at least one run-on sentence so I apologize for the poor quality prose but I'm not chopping up my thoughts into 140 word blurbs, if it's TL:DR so be it don't read it.
>>
File: GG.jpg (148KB, 958x890px) Image search: [Google]
GG.jpg
148KB, 958x890px
>>164045481
He doesn't blame GG as far as I remember. He only called their reporter out for being a hypocrite regarding her support for GG.
>>
>>164045393
>worst.
For now we know that even the base Vanguard has the same wing missiles as a Gladiator, so the Harbinger will either be equivalent or better in that regard. Plus it carries bigger torpedos and is supposed to be armored.
But then again, in the end we have no idea how any of the ships will perform in the final game since everything can be balanced in one way or another.
>>
>>164045481
>It’s pretty ironic that it’s exactly the kind of journalism that Game Gate stands against.
not him, but believing that it did stood for "ethics" was pretty sympathetic to it IMO considering other views around that time
>>
>>164046287
The vanguard is huge and slow, it has all the drawback of the retaliator without the massive torps.

harbinger carries only three torps, I forget if theyre S5 or S6, but the lower number combined with nearly triple the profile of the Glad just disqualifies it IMO, You're never going to get anywhere near a torpedo worthy target is something thats just so massive.

The only thing I like about the Harbinger is the rocketpod turret.
>>
File: 1479309989289.jpg (44KB, 708x492px) Image search: [Google]
1479309989289.jpg
44KB, 708x492px
>nearly 3 years later
>vidya """"journalists"""" still butthurt about losing to gamergate
>>
>>164046726
pretty sure gabe newell hasnt made a game for like 4 years
>>
>>164047072
Last time I checked, this fat fuck stopped funding their game development team and now forces his random employees to make small in-house games and then decides which prototype will get funded.

Years later and no game has yet to be funded/released.

He rather just make money off of steam and drive his Ferrari around.
>>
>>164047197
Hey I didn't get a (You) but your quote has a dashed line

is this one of hiroshima miyamoto's new "features" for 4chan?
>>
File: file.png (36KB, 1255x262px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
36KB, 1255x262px
>>164047275
I'm on 4chanX so I don't abide by Hiro's fuckery
>>
File: triggrd.png (36KB, 502x470px) Image search: [Google]
triggrd.png
36KB, 502x470px
>>164047394
OK well I'm pretty fucking annoyed about this. Harder to see where replies to me might be on large or fast threads
>>
>>164047197
He doesn't force anyone, that's the problem. Every Valve employee can do whatever they want, that's why we get lots of half assed shit that is abandoned halfway through and the Steam client stays a buggy piece of shit forever.
>>
>>>/v/362198662
>>>/v/362198662
>>>/v/362198662

CIGDF ACTIVATE

I want to laugh at you as you argue with /v/
>>
>>164047275

>not having 4chan X and OneeChan installed

Top Pleb
>>
>>164047507
but it makes the humorous reply currency talk invalid, surely that's more important than useful features, right?
>>
>>164047552
Wow this is the gayest post I have seen in a long time, you seem really excited about making your own thread using a picture you just saw, I bet you want a real butthurt discussion there to post on /r/4chan for upvotes.

Fuck off
>>
>>164047552
I want to laugh at you as your thread 404s with less than 10 (You)s
>>
File: OurLord.png (91KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
OurLord.png
91KB, 550x309px
>>164045546
Chris is far too strong for mere money to sway him
>>
>>164047551
>Every Valve employee can do whatever they want
That's a meme.
There's an employment hierarchy. They often purge off employees without valid reason except that one of the old dogs doesn't like them.

For example, one old employee was tasked with improving a translation software. He didn't do anything for years, instead the volunteers all over the world made a good replacement. Employee gets worried, since he promised them a reward and now realizes if he shows this to Gabe, i.e teens doing a better job he'd get fired. So instead he tells the volunteers to fuck off and removes them (most of them being translators for steam for a decade).

They contact another employee regarding this injustice, the employee speaks with this old employee about the issue. Instead this guy goes straight to Gabe Newell, whispers to his ear and gets this whistleblower fired.

This happens a lot. That's why they have a lot of purging for departments that actually produce good stuff but the old employees being jealous/envious. Hell, the retards even fired their VR department that built most of the tech you see in Vive.

Valve doesn't have a real employee system so the older members instead just bully the new ones and often get them fired or start messing with them. You can read all about it, the valve employee handbook is just PR due to how shitty their company actually behaves, even most of them just don't do any work and lurk reddit as one said when some guy tried to sneak in.
>>
>>164047757
>>164047787
>thread deleted

wew, you guys aren't even trying to hide it.
>>
>>164047552
>404
>>
File: adding (You).png (36KB, 834x582px) Image search: [Google]
adding (You).png
36KB, 834x582px
>>164047507
https://www.4chan-x.net/
>>
>>164048058

More like deleted out of buttrage
>>
>>164048053
Hide what? Our plants on the mod team?
>>
>>164048221
Its just not the same. But thanks anon.

Please give me a (You) so I can test it out
>>
>>164048319
u
>>
File: (You).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>164048319
>>
>>164048250

A /vg/ janitor is probably stalking the forum and went to /j/ to ask a /v/ janitor to delete it. Happens all the time.
>>
>>164048396
>>164048454
ehhhh!!!~~~
>>
>>164047552
Most pathetic post of /scgedg/
>>
>>164048679
Or the guy deleted it so he's get a greater reaction from here. I didn't see the content before it got deleted, so I can't pass judgement on it.
>>
>>164048679

/v/ has shat on games that I enjoyed, but I don't care. What is it about star citizen backers? It seems like they can't handle knowing that someone out there is taking the piss out of their game.
>>
>>164048957
No you you/he made a really fucking shit thread on /v/ then linked it to /scg/edg/ and make a clickbait post (Can't wait to see the EBIN replies I get on my post between you dweebs and /v/!)

Literally how a 14 year old would post.
>>
File: 1454627609644.jpg (42KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
1454627609644.jpg
42KB, 430x430px
>>164046726
>Hasn't made half life 3
>>
>>164047719

It was never a useful feature.
>>
File: Ob7f9g0.jpg (148KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ob7f9g0.jpg
148KB, 852x480px
>>164049667
>being able to quickly find replies in 400 post threads isn't useful
>>
>>>/v/362201065
I made it without the shitposting
>>
>>164049237
>he thinks i made the thread
lol

But whoa, look at how mad this autist has become. I bet his sausage fingers were hitting those keys with righteous fury.
>>
>>164050438
??? that was supposed to be the OP, oh well
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to rank up with the Empire?
I'll have the credits to buy a dozen Cutters before I have the rank to unlock them at this rate.
Do I seriously have no choice but to do hideously unprofitable missions?
>>
>>164044567
You know that EA tried to cut a deal with him in 2012, right?

If he didn't cash in then why would he now?
>>
>>164051239
To add to your point, he's been the way of EA takeover before with Origin Interactive. I doubt he wants to repeat the experience.
>>
Hold on, is AMD literally real life 'sponsoring' the Mustang or something?
>>
>>164051740
>real life sponsoring

Well, they had an advertising deal going on for a bit.
>>
>>164051740
it was a free mustang for everyone purchasing one of their (then) top-shelf cards. I guess they payed for all the ships and in return for bulk order they got them painted their colors? Some shit like that
>>
>>164045675
>realistically
No

>im a goon
Is actually trying to give you a little credit for just being a shitposter and not being maximum retarded.

CR probably calls up the publishers that tried to rein him in early in life every night and just masturbates furiously into the receiver while barking like a dog. He'll run CIG into the pavement before he goes back to them
>>
File: 1468980637401.jpg (120KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468980637401.jpg
120KB, 480x640px
>>
>>164051795
>>164052362
Oh I see. The colors and "Accelerated Mass Design" made me double-take, that's all.
>>
File: LLehACj.jpg (765KB, 1916x801px) Image search: [Google]
LLehACj.jpg
765KB, 1916x801px
>>164046726
Some one suggested that GabeN run for presidency, but like Half-Life 3, he'd never make it.

https://youtu.be/Jt0w9YP_wZ0
>>
File: 1466087679446.jpg (2MB, 2684x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1466087679446.jpg
2MB, 2684x2400px
Terra > Earth

Get ready for Terrexit, Earthcucks
>>
File: 1450882751800.jpg (87KB, 1076x743px) Image search: [Google]
1450882751800.jpg
87KB, 1076x743px
>>164054026
>Blizzard is still pushing significant patches to Warcraft 3
>Valve doesn't even bother finishing one of the flagship IPs off
>>
File: 1474666950225.jpg (11KB, 419x372px) Image search: [Google]
1474666950225.jpg
11KB, 419x372px
>>164054026

>he became fat and jolly, then became santa. and later became an asshole jew who follows the elders of zion.
>>
File: 6vYkihv.jpg (744KB, 1600x1324px) Image search: [Google]
6vYkihv.jpg
744KB, 1600x1324px
Starliner Gemini or Esperia Prowler?
>>
>>164054821
fug I meant Starliner Genesis.
>>
File: Cw7FaXwVQAA-i4T.jpg (169KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cw7FaXwVQAA-i4T.jpg
169KB, 1200x900px
>>164054381
It would be better for the UEE for Terra to not exist. Or, at least, their hippie fucking culture to be gone forever.
>>
File: newgrounds citizen.png (797KB, 994x571px) Image search: [Google]
newgrounds citizen.png
797KB, 994x571px
>>164054885
Get a proper ship instead. Prowler is an overpriced joke and the Starliner is of questionable use.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14804-Design-Civilian-Passenger-Transport
Do you really want this?
>>
>>164054381
I thought Earth was getting dusted anyway
>>
>>164054381

Spider > Terra

Stay enslaved to your corporatist masters, Terracuck.
>>
>>164055438
I already have a Terrapin + Carrack. Im bad at dogfighting, so I was thinkin maybe Genesis is a nice choice with its customizable ass.

Haulage, Passenger transport, general usage ship?
>>
>>164055609
Earth will only get sacked if we fuck up BAD. So don't fuck up.
>>
File: P1drayman.jpg (3KB, 141x114px) Image search: [Google]
P1drayman.jpg
3KB, 141x114px
>>164055438
Does anyone else think it's weird how many people get caught up in wanting to fly what are almost entirely intended to be dull-as-hell "NPC life" ships? Would they want to be these losers, drifting through space for hours for the sole purpose of being the thing that gets waylayed by the bottom tier of pirates outside their destination?
>>
DO you guys think they will sell Prowler again? Esperia ships rarely go on sale..

How hard would it be to get one ingame? fuck it looks sexy and uselessly focused.
>>
>>164055903
Wait what?
>>
>>164054381
Synthworld>everything else
>>
>>164055846
It would probably be a better idea to get a proper cargo ship then for pretty much guaranteed income, considering you already have 2 exploration ships. Hull B/C or a Banu Jewman maybe.

>>164056035
S42 spoilers:
http://www.blastr.com/2015-3-18/creator-chris-roberts-talks-star-citizen-ambitious-space-sim-steroids
>You start out in the military earning citizenship, and you get your wish to become a fighter pilot. While you're training, Admiral Bishop and the [UEE] task force go off into Vanduul space and take the fight to them. As you come out to deploy, the news comes through that they've lost contact with the task force. Bishop goes missing, and the rest of the game is you trying to find him.
>You go behind enemy lines, trying to find out where Bishop is, and you see things that have happened along the way that gives you [a reaction] like, Has he lost his mind? What's happening? It's sort of the Ninth Legion mixed with Heart of Darkness.
>So you get behind enemy lines, and you find out there's a Vanduul plan to shortcut past the Earth's defenses, and you have to stop it.
>At the end of it there's this big last stand, and you get back to human space. But Bishop is still left, behind the Vanduul side, kind of like Commander Cain on the Pegasus in [classic] Battlestar Galactica. You come back a bit of a war hero, and you muster out, and potentially Bishop's still out there fighting the battle behind enemy lines.
>>
File: 1473541619968.jpg (3MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1473541619968.jpg
3MB, 3840x2400px
>>164055996
>Does anyone else think it's weird how many people get caught up in wanting to fly what are almost entirely intended to be dull-as-hell "NPC life" ships? Would they want to be these losers, drifting through space for hours for the sole purpose of being the thing that gets waylayed by the bottom tier of pirates outside their destination?

Dads gonna dad.
>>
>>164054381
>Earth>Earth
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>164056385
Can't you just make the same comparison to being a pirate? Like how many millions of bandit-type enemies have you killed in games?
>>
>>164048221
>doesn't apply sitewide
fucking gook
>>
>>164056797
There's more going on when you are doing combat while flying trade ships you may as well be watching a movie most of the time. Take Elite: Dangerous for example.

https://youtu.be/ChOVfFJJTdI
>>
>>164056797
Being a pirate is at least exhilarating. Like >>164059603 mentions people literally watch movies while doing trade runs. Shit is fucked up if you gotta use another source of entertainment just to keep you entertained in this source of entertainment.
>>
>>164055609

Screenshot this post, it's a bait and switch. Terra will get wiped out by the Vanduul and everything will be in chaos, until a Caesar analogue takes power on Earth and starts fucking all of the xenos to death.
>>
File: Videagamesbeingjobs.png (70KB, 835x871px) Image search: [Google]
Videagamesbeingjobs.png
70KB, 835x871px
>>164059872
Had a chat with an internet friend over E:D. Second job confirmed.
>>
>>164059603
This sounds like a pretty big case of "stop liking what I don't like."

>Take Elite: Dangerous
No. Nope. No thanks, I'd really rather not.

>>164059872
So if a dad is truly involved with whatever he's doing (doesn't have to be cargo hauling) and seeks no external entertainment, then that's ok with you? Glad to see you are a sensible fellow.
>>
>>164060109
Nice cropping, faggot.
>>
>>164060109
>Stocks

I don't recall there being stocks.

>>164060361
>Then that's okay with you

When did I ever say it was bad? I merely jumped into this conversation to say how shitty and boring trading in these games usually is, and why the comparison to being a pirate is not the same. It's amazing what hoops you jumped through to make up that post.
>>
>>164059931
I really hope they keep up the Roman analogues but never really put it on the nose. Like, I see plenty of similarities between what we know about the Tevarin and the Carthaginians/Phoenicians.

Why's captcha so obsessed with fireworks lately? Usually its just addresses/signs, food, or natural features.
>>
>>164060109
Albion Prelude for X3 introduced stock markets. It was fucking retarded. Stocks had a minimum price they couldn't get lower, so buying at minimum price guaranteed you a profit. Combined with the built in timelapse button you could make millions doing nothing. What a fucking retarded idea. I bet the stock prices didn't even reflect the ingame economy.
>>
>>164060584
How is the comparison to piracy not the same?

>some people seek enjoyments from both tasks
>same tasks/roles are fulfilled by NPCs in other games (and probably will be in this game as well)

Give me an actually bullet point fact on how they are different than just "not as exhilarating" as some dad probably feels that way about piracy.
>>
>>164060608
>you will never have an adolescent Tevarin buttboy, who you dangle freedom to if he proves himself in the annual war on the sand settlers

also, new year's eve faggotry probably
>>
>>164061005
Piracy has depth that relies on multiple game systems, and actually has potential challenge involved.
>>
File: SCcringe.jpg (167KB, 1320x1169px) Image search: [Google]
SCcringe.jpg
167KB, 1320x1169px
>>164060109
>inb4 replying to my own post

Better /scg/edg/ content, more dadisms.

>>164060365
I thought I cropped that picture? Oh, well, goon enough for 4chan! :^) Thks for the (you) kind anon!
>>
>>164061005
>How is the comparison to piracy not the same

By how you fucking do them. Are you being a contrarian retard on purpose? Compare the two

>One usually involves little to no interaction from the player
>Especially games like ED where you fly in a straight line
>Low risk, low reward, long time
>The other involves full interaction with the player and either an NPC or other player
>High risk, high reward, low time

>As some dad probably feels that way

Nobody gives a shit what that dad feels like. What gives you more adrenaline, bungee jumping or taking a casual walk down the street?
>>
Dads of all ages gonna dad.

Going to be plenty of boring turds flying around the PU in their large, expensive ships that they can't even crew because they have no friends, doing things I could do in the real world anyway like transporting cargo and passengers. Doesn't bother me any of course, it'll help immersion to run into real players in the space lands from time to time.

That said, I'll be busy fighting aliens and pirates wherever I can as a mercenary / bounty hunter in single crew ships.

Anyone else going to try to stick to role play in-game? Most of us will all be vets of the same war, out there finding our way in the universe.
>>
File: 1444423886058.gif (2MB, 390x520px) Image search: [Google]
1444423886058.gif
2MB, 390x520px
I kinda feel sorry for all those idiots that bought dual joysticks. Their FPS experience is going to be awful.

https://youtu.be/4yqCpu5jfEY
>>
>>164061239

The most adrenaline these dads experience is when they get on their computer at 2AM to check on their Ashley Madison profile. Oh, the excitement of never knowing when your wife might wake up!
>>
File: large.jpg (20KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
20KB, 500x313px
>>164061652
>>
>>164061652

Because buying dual joysticks requires you to get rid of all mice in your house.
>>
File: sadspacecancerpatient.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sadspacecancerpatient.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
Good lord I cannot wait till they put chat into Star Marine. My sanity depends on me berating the CoD kiddies in Last Stand that just float around and don't fight on the objective.
>>
File: NbDCq.jpg (219KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
NbDCq.jpg
219KB, 1024x768px
>>164061652
lol how dumb, everyone knows the wheel is for playing HoMM3.
>>
>>164062110
They're not going to do what you tell them, and chances are they won't even have it open.

If anything CIG is saving your time.
>>
>>164062110
But there is chat already? Press F12
>>
>>164062532
not in starmarine

>>164062110
I hope they get VoIP up and running so I can tell dads to put the baby to bed and watch their corners
>>
I am going to try to not mention cargo transport as I can see that gets your edgelord autisms all flared up.

>>164061142
Exploration, research, farming/narcotics, and medical all will rely on multiple game systems

>actually has potential challenge involved
That's true of everything listed above. To give a straightforward example, an explorer will undoubtedly have to fight off pirates/opportunists often

>>164061239
>One usually involves little to no interaction from the player
Farming/narcotics is supposed to require substantial involvement from the player to grow the good shit

>Especially games like ED where you fly in a straight line
Listen, pick something else to discuss other than ED. Its a shit game, we all know its a shit game and furthermore isn't a very good comparison to SC. Honestly, I've never even played it so I doubt I'm the one to defend it.

>Low risk, low reward, long time
>High risk, high reward, low time
If you think piracy is not going to require you to either wait for extended periods in ambush for someone to happen along or actively go searching/scanning down targets, then you're way off base.

If you think having a medical ship on the edge of a major battle so that you can revive people for a choice premium and possibly attract the ire of one side or the other is not high risk, then you're way off base.

If you think research is not going to have huge rewards due to people paying top dollar to get one up on their direct competition, then you're way off base.

>The other involves full interaction with the player and either an NPC or other player
This is just a reiteration of your first point (or at least I took it that way), so see that reply

>Nobody gives a shit what that dad feels like
I'm sure all the other dads do. You are just a dad of piracy, so set in your ways you can't see beyond them.
>>
>>164062798
If you think farming is going to be involved as dogfighting in a Chris Roberts game, and have the potential for equal levels of skill and difficulty, you're in for a little bit of a shock my friend.
>>
>>164062798
>Wit in extended periods

That's not the risk part and you goddamn know it. Attacking a ship is high risk, especially if they defend themselves. Having a bounty is high risk. These result in adrenaline and excitement. Legitimate adrenaline, not some bullshit a dad made up about. Flying through space through a couple jump points is low risk.

>Medical ship

This conversation is about trade vs piracy, and why trade is boring and piracy isn't. No strawmen please.

>You're just like a dad

Except, I don't even pirate. I'm a bounty hunter. That doesn't' stop me from acknowledging when something is a second job.
>>
>>164062775
>not in starmarine
Yes, also in Star Marine.
>>
>>164063384
no. I have tried, it doesn't appear in SM.
>>
>>164063153
The part you quoted isn't in what I said so I'm unsure what point you were trying to make. Sincerely, try again, mate.

>This conversation is about trade vs piracy
The claim I made was
>dad is truly involved with whatever he's doing (doesn't have to be cargo hauling)
so I don't know where you're coming from. Take a step back and look at the reply chain, please.

>I'm a bounty hunter.
Ok, cool. That's a task/role outside of piracy that I didn't broach due to the game systems it shares with being a pirate. Sorry I assumed you were a pirate.

>when something is a second job
Plenty of players will feel that bounty hunting is a second job and I'm sure you can count pirates among that number.

>>164062950
That's not a claim I made. Its obvious at this point that you are just going to latch onto whatever you feel you misrepresent with minimal effort or thought in an attempt to "win." I'm done conversing with such.
>>
>>164063945
you can't see anything until someone says something
>>
>>164064234
>That's not a claim I made. Its obvious at this point that you are just going to latch onto whatever you feel you misrepresent with minimal effort or thought in an attempt to "win." I'm done conversing with such.

You realize thats exactly what you just did, dontcha retard
>>
>>164064234
>I didn't say any of that, even though it's in my post

(You- oh wait!
>>
File: smchat.jpg (986KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smchat.jpg
986KB, 1920x1080px
>>164063945
Dude
>>
>>164062419
Oh I know its futile but it makes my insides feel better.
>>
File: A-Whole-New-World.jpg (63KB, 450x258px) Image search: [Google]
A-Whole-New-World.jpg
63KB, 450x258px
>>164064547
>>
>>164064547
>>164064251
huh. I even tried to type in it and got nothing.
>>
File: Just no.jpg (21KB, 560x320px) Image search: [Google]
Just no.jpg
21KB, 560x320px
>>164064316
>>164064356
>>
>>164064837
then you deactivated it instead
>>
>wear futuristic body armor that coveres you from head to toe
>take a single primitive 21st century era bullet to the chest
>completely penetrates the suit (the most heavily armored part of the suit that is) and bleed out shortly after

So it's the stormtrooper-armor affect then?
>>
>>164065117
The bullets actually look like future now
>>
>>164065117
pretty sure only the laser sniper can make you bleed out from one chest shot.
>>
>>164065117
>Develop a futuristic four wheeled abomination that fires high velocity rounds
>Cover it in special explosive reactive armor and several inches of thick steel
>Single piece of lead can still penetrate and kill your entire crew
>>
File: 1479147300650.png (1MB, 1364x592px) Image search: [Google]
1479147300650.png
1MB, 1364x592px
>>164055996
By your logic any non pure-combat ship, including hauling, explorer, race & scavenger ships would be "dull as hell npc ship".

That's not surprising if you take into account that SC might be one of the rare space-sim to make the gameplay more interesting than the goal.

If CIG made a fishing spaceship, it would probably involve going EVA to harpoon white Space whales.
>>
nu thread?
>>
>>164065745
Using sand worms as bait.
>>
>>164065117
>>164065389
>Solve issue of interstellar travel by discovering jump gates.
>Develop anti gravity tech advanced enough to let any dipshit asshole pilot a starship without needing to know orbital mechanics or any science for that matter.
>Create advanced weapons and shields that can be used and maintained by literally anyone.
>Fastest ship at any price unable to match the speed of 900 year old atmospheric fighters.
>>
>>164065745
I wasn't bashing all noncombat ships but the ones that are literally "fly straight" would ve boring. Exploration is the opposite of boring to me, and I wouldn't ever lump explorers together with truckers. Action will probably even wind up rarer in that job than in routine transport, but you're seeing new things and (hopefully) uncovering mysteries and getting spooky. That's fun stuff.
>>
>>164066717
Make sure the title of the new thread reads exactly the same as this one, except incremented one, for filter anon.
>>
File: 1470416032228.jpg (1MB, 3818x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1470416032228.jpg
1MB, 3818x1034px
>>164067191

The only reason trucking/transport works i EVE is because people make real money off it.

I'm fairly certain SC's economy will never be as good as EVE's sadly.
>>
>>164067506
I wouldn't be shocked if at one point star citizen gets help from or a partnership with EVE
>>
>>164067620
wat
>>
>>164065117
>Firing 1000+ year old bullets

I doubt it
>>
>>164067506
>pic
Did that happen? Please tell. It sounds worth the money honestly.
>>
>>164067620
>I wouldn't be shocked if at one point star citizen gets help from or a partnership with EVE

Yeah, and Origin and Steam are announcing a partnership as well.....
>>
>>164065745

Carrack might be my skaifu depending on how it turns out.
>>
>>164067968

Anything is possible with Anarcho Capitalism
>>
>>164067620
>>164067668
>A year or two after full launch of SC and EVE finds itself waning (only partially related). CIG hires someone of the developers away to help bolster their "economy game"

I could see it.
>>
>>164067968
yes that happened, it was a pretty well known event, it wasn't even the first time. it's called the bloodbath of something or other, the system just had a number/letter designation. google EvE bloodbath and I'm sure it will come up
Thread posts: 823
Thread images: 143

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.