[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 784
Thread images: 119

File: esog3.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
esog3.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Elder Thread: >>161079013

>Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here!
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
http://www.imperial-library.info/
http://uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
http://esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
http://esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
http://teso-rp.com/
http://esoacademy.com/
http://eso-fashion.com/
http://eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10281492
>>
first for ______
>>
File: 1222.jpg (59KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1222.jpg
59KB, 540x304px
Khajiit are cute
>>
>>161278885
What's better for solo if I want to play a Nightblade? Magicka/stamina, and is bow/dual swords fine?
I'm not really wanting to grind, just run around and do quests/dungeons/whatever anchors are called.
I haven't tried mage yet, but I know I don't want to play a Dragon Knight or Templar, even if they're better at soloing. I just dislike the way their abilities look so much.
>>
How are nightblades as healers? making a vampire bloodmage sounds way more fun than making any other healer
>>
How do you use bows effectively in this game?

What kind of build would you suggestion to have fun?
>>
>>161280258
their strength is putting on DoT's and AoE's and then switching to a higher damage weapon like dual wield
>>
>>161280569
So just using a bow isn't really effective?
Fair enough.
>>
argonian templar here i come
>>
File: TESO Templar.png (1MB, 799x841px) Image search: [Google]
TESO Templar.png
1MB, 799x841px
This game is pretty alright
>>
>>161277481
>>161278770

Thanks!
I'll check it out!
>>
>>161283249
just to make sure, minmaxing isnt all that big in this game right? I wanna be a thunderbolt lizard
>>
What are pledges?

How do I become a vampire?

Why are people always using zone chat to find people for dungeons when they could just use dungeon finder?
>>
>>161285474
>What are pledges?
Daily quests you can take to defeat certain enemies/bosses in dungeons, completing them rewards you with a key that let's you open one of the Undaunted chests that contain random good loot and monster set pieces.

>How do I become a vampire?
Get bitten by another vampire

>Why are people always using zone chat to find people for dungeons when they could just use dungeon finder?
Activity Finder has some issues (every time you use it you get a 15 minute delay until you can use it again, even when a common glitch causes groups to disband/members to be kicked) and you at least know people that respond in zone chat are willing to communicate in some form (unlike Activity Finder PUG players)
>>
>>161285474
Sometimes Zonechat works faster.
Dungeon finder might take up 30+ Minutes, which is kind of long.
>>
yooooo I just saw some guy riding a badass armored kagouti, how do you get that shit? I don't see it in the crown store.
>>
update 13 when
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
580KB, 1920x1080px
>walk into your dining room
>see this

what do
>>
>>161291280
>Ebonheart Scum
Slaughter
>>
File: 18965.png (51KB, 291x68px) Image search: [Google]
18965.png
51KB, 291x68px
I'm at level 20 how is my buff bar? (Ashen weapons is on 2) Are of these useless or outclassed by anything else?
>>
>No option to skip the shitty starter islands
>Have to haul ass off them and have them taunt you every time you look at your map

Not a fan tbqh
>>
does doing the thieves guild or dark brotherhoood on a non sneaky character feel as retarded as it does in other elder scrolls games?
>>
>>161294471
there was a period where you started on the mainland and picked up quests that led you out to the islands. nobody ever did them and the islands were completely desolate and pointless.
>>
>>161294471
You can just take the boat off them can't you?
>>
>>161294471
Dunmer/Nord/Argo's starter island kicks ass at least. The north shore has everything you need right in a small concentration.
>>
>>161294883
I hate this island the most because of phasing. I can never see all the newbies when I go there.

Also the scenery is so desolate and dull compared to AD and DC.
>>
bought this game today, already bored
>>
>>161294960
It starts so fucking slow. Then when you get to level 10 you're hit with so much to do it's overwhelming.
>>
>>161294960
you shouldnt have bought it then retard
>>
So if I want to heal endgame I basically have to go templar?
>>
I'm looking at possibly doing both trials and pvp, alternating between the two or having 2 diff characters.

I've looked at pve stam and it looks like every class is hail, caltrops, and dw light attack weaving, with the difference being made up by whatever ultimate they have and 1-2 of the class skills. Are magicka pve dps the same? I suppose they're all going to have a back bar and a main bar for dps.

I'm currently playing a dragonknight, but I'm not sure if thats what I want or not. I guess I'm asking for a lot but would anyone be willing to provide some resource or briefly summarize how each resource/class combo deals damage or maybe in general where I could find this kind of information?
>>
>>161294883
>everything you need
????
>>
File: 1467522422871.jpg (24KB, 437x359px) Image search: [Google]
1467522422871.jpg
24KB, 437x359px
>>161278885
Everything thats wrong with ESO in 1 thread:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/277553/the-pvp-justice-system-concept-now-with-opt-out/p13

>Heated debate of only 13 pages where people are disucssing some pretty interesting idea for the totally forgotten Justice system
>Apparently a lot of people shitposted on this thread
>Forum Mod gets tired of doing his job and just decides to close the 13 page thread saying that " we feel this topic has already had a very full debate so we have decided to close it"

Holy fuck, so you can basically "filibuster" any important thread by shitposting it until The mods get sick of doing their jobs and just lock the thread. BOOM problem solved! Now you can get rid of those pesky threads begging ZOS to nerf your favorite build!

What a time to be alive!
>>
So I am thinking about buying the tamriel edition since it is $10.

How is the lore? Are there books everywhere? I have read that nothing is level locked anymore.

Is the gold edition absolutely necessary from the get go, or can I buy dlc packs later?
>>
>>161295126
You can do 95% of the content without minmaxing, so no.

But if you want to do the butt clenching hard content then yes.
>>
>>161297724
Lore is shit and will never be fixed
Books are everywhere, even the ones that aren't supposed to exist in the 2nd era
You can go anywhere now, everything scales to your level
Not necessary but the sale is a good deal if you really wanna play.
>>
>>161297724
You can buy DLC later, and I recommend you do. It's pretty fun.

There's a shit ton of lore and books to read. If you complete the mages guild you even get a new menu tab that lets you re-read all the books you ever opened. Sometimes when I'm in the mood I just do that instead of trying to look for more of them.
>>
Internet says the launcher the Steam gives isn't the updated version. Is this true?

If anyone is experiencing error 206, go to the game folder and delete Bethesda.Net_Launcher.Version

Also wouldn't it be a good idea to add the common errors encountered in succeeding OP's?
>>
>>161297724
I'd say it's worth the 10 dollar price tag.

As much as I didn't like gw2 I feel that the 5$ I paid was worth the price, sorta getting the same feeling here.

Game seems to be fairly decent, not great but not the most awful I've played.

Combat is pretty bad but the environment makes up for it imo. The full scale voice acting doesn't hurt either. Then again I'm only level 9 so far
>>
Are tanks the most in demand like every other mmo or are there less healers?
>>
File: 1473704832513.gif (1MB, 295x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473704832513.gif
1MB, 295x200px
>>161299370
>Combat is pretty bad
combat is the best of any TES game, and the best of most MMOs, what the hell you on about
>>
>>161299967
have you played only 1 mmo? The combat in eso is pretty terrible by any metric.

There are so many other MMOs out there that have much better combat by any metric, ie.) TERA, BDO, BnS, etc.
>>
are all professions useless?
>>
>>161300247
>TERA, BDO, BnS
don't play chink trash
>>
>>161300382
opposite
>>
>>161299370
desu combat is one of the best things about eso. maybe you can't appreciate it at lvl 9 yet
>>
Does light armor ever stop looking awful?
>>
>>161297724
lore is fine don't listen to fags, it ranges from low-effort to decent obscure references to even some interesting takes of kirkbridian metaphysical DEEP LORE here and there.
>>
>>161300247
tera is just eso but worse. they tried to go full fps but don't have any of the backend support that makes an fps playable.
>>
>>161293031
3 and 4 give the same buff so why slot both?
>>
should I be deconstructing all the gear I find?
>>
File: 1468207705756.png (869KB, 600x1000px)
1468207705756.png
869KB, 600x1000px
I'm new and am still wrapping my head around motifs. Is there any proper bonemold sets?
>>
>>161294471
This >>161294850
You can leave the island immediately
>>
>>161302656
they've added a ton of shit recently, dunno if bonemold is in but I'm sure it will come with Vvardenfell if not
>>
is there one faction that just constantly dominates in pvp?
>>
>>161302606
Yes except for ornate and research
>>
>>161302978
I play on the veteran non-veteran (disables veteran perks) server and the Aldmeri Dominion seems to be constantly getting their ass handed to them, only ever doing anything when they have a PvP guild on
>>
>>161303072
>>161302978
Forgot to mention the purpose of the post - No there isn't one faction that constantly dominates they usually take turns and can win or lose depending wholly on the time.
The closest to a constant factor regarding alliances was the thing about AD but they were probably dominate on another server
>>
File: bonemold_armor.jpg (389KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bonemold_armor.jpg
389KB, 1920x1200px
>>161302656
It's not craftable, but it's available as a dropped set called Red Mountain.
>>
File: 600px-MW-npc-Divayth_Fyr.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-MW-npc-Divayth_Fyr.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
Just started playing. Can i wear heavy armor and still be a wizard like this bad ass?
>>
>>161305894
magic tanks are a thing I believe
>just found daedric motif
I gotta go see how faithful that shit is, I've just been using it for cloth
>>
I have 700 crowns from when I bought the game at launch but didn't get very far. Should I buy the starter pack for the horse and dog?
>>
>>161306359
Yeah
>>
>>161305894
loremasters pls is divayth fyr dicking around somewhere during the time of ESO?
>>
>>161306672
entirely possible, if you actually read the motif books he's a central figure, embroiled in an entirely awful and absolutely out of character love triangle story that continues throughout them, but even in TES 3's lore he's been doing his Telvanni thing for thousands of years, he could have plausibly taken a vacation to the IC or wherever the fuck that shit was written to be.
>>
>>161306672
Not in game but some of the motif books for the racial motifs mention him.
>>
File: wizard beef in the library.webm (3MB, 960x496px) Image search: [Google]
wizard beef in the library.webm
3MB, 960x496px
>chilling in EP-held Bruma reading them esoteric tomes n shiet
>this happens
>go outside and find that Bruma has been taken by DC
>now smack dab in the center of an enemy held settlement
>>
How long will it take to get a horse as a new player?
>>
File: siegan.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
siegan.webm
3MB, 960x540px
who the FUCK said pvp is not fun. getting class quotas like this is hilarious

>>161307246
depends if you wanna pay crowns or gold. if you don't blow your money on crafting or other shit you can get one fairly quickly, say level ten, though it may leave you penniless
>>
>>161307354
where are the damage numbers?
>>
Is the pvp better than GW2 WvW or is it 200 people standing in front of a gate while everyone defending casts aoe shit in front of the gate?
>>
File: 1480289495697.gif (338KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1480289495697.gif
338KB, 500x373px
>>161307354
I think last week I was on AD holding off one of the outposts against a swarm of DC and EP, it was some shit straight out of warhammer 40k, it was amazing
>>
File: breakthrough.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
breakthrough.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>161307468
never played GW2 but siege weapons can be used by both sides, you can also sneak up and set them on fire, and the world itself is set up with lots of choke points, not just the keeps, so there are commonly battles over bridges and narrow passes, stairways, etc

also, you can break through the keep walls anywhere rather than pushing a gate, I wasn't even grouped with these random shitters, we were just creeping bandits on the hills when someone came along and threw down a bunch of trebuchets, there was five of us but we were through in a few minutes thanks to that
>>
>>161306108
Do i have to be a tank if i wear heavy armor?
>>
>>161306837
There's also a book about two mages that want to go to oblivion. Psijics wouldn't let them use their gate bla bla. Book ends with them saying they will seek Fyr in Vvanderfel. So hopefuly we get to see him in Vvanderfel dlc.
>>
>>161308101
no, you can be whatever you want to be, a special and unique butterfly in the wind. like any mmo there's a meta once you get to the top geared raids or pvp scene, but for just getting into the game running around questing you can do whatever the fuck you want and make it work to an extent, hell right now I am playing through the assassin and thieves' guild questlines as a stealth templar, mixing light and medium armor with fucking cosmetics that offer no armor but I like the look of, literally no chest shoulders or head armor at all, no belt, assassinating fags with the blade of woe and using knockback spears of holy light to put distance between me and shit I need to run away from and it's working for me.
>>
What are the differences between Stam blade and mage blade for pvp and pve? Is one better than the other? I'm stuck between the two because both seem to be really cool playstyles.
>>
>>161289450
limited time
>>
>>161310089
fucking shit. do those come back from time to time? surely they must.
>>
>>161310281
it will likely make a comeback in crown crates.
>>
File: 1463560163032.gif (2MB, 500x500px)
1463560163032.gif
2MB, 500x500px
Hey I bought this game for PC and I have two questions.

One, which races females have the biggest tits and fattest asses.
Two, which specialization/class makes the funnest tank.

Thank you.
>>
>>161310641
Sliders determine your taste in tits and asses
It's not like they didn't use recolored body models for every race
>>
>>161292802
That is in the Covenant though.
>>
>>161297883
Wrong. Can do 100% of the content healing with any class and race.
>>
>>161300247
Your idea of good combat is skimpy totally-not-underrage womam jumping around while screaming and releasing overly-flashy lights and one-shotting everything on their path?
>>
>>161310974
considering he posted chink lesbian shit are you surprised?
>>
For those who bought the Gold Edition
Did you spend your crowns? What's the most practical thing to buy with crowns?
>>
trait rebalancing when?
red diamond change when?
NEW CONTENT WHEN?
>>
>>161311574
PVP is in dire need of an overhaul. I hope they do something about it before houses get patched in
>>
>>161310641

>One, which races females have the biggest tits and fattest asses.
Pig children
>Two, which specialization/class makes the funnest tank.
Argoanian nb or sorc.Imperial, nord, redguard, orc dk are the easiest
>>
just reinstalled, cant decide between leveling my wood elf nightblade thats like level 20 or just making an imperial templar instead
>>
>>161312113
Make a new character. Who wants to play as manlet&cannibal elf who has meaty protein farts all day long?
>>
>>161312176
the girls are cute though desu
>>
Am I wrong in thinking that drain essence can be a decent tank skill?

>20% health per second for 3 seconds l
>5 ultimate per second for 3 seconds
>can cancel into a block animation

Then there's mist form with 75% mitigation that you can also block cancel out.

It seems like if I can be a dunmer and have fire resist taken care of, vampires can be different but viable tanks for most of the game right?
>>
File: e9f.jpg (21KB, 336x329px) Image search: [Google]
e9f.jpg
21KB, 336x329px
>nords get flat 6% damage reduction and /three/ passives that can relate directly to health
who the fuck allowed this?
>>
fuck everyone picking to min/max shit. what is the wosrt race/class combo
>>
>>161313345
>argonians don't have any stealh/guerilla/stam passives
>>
>>161313513
the swimming bonus could be pretty ganky if there was any pvp area as swampy as shadowfen, but alas you get fucking slaughterfished trying to swim anywhere in Cyrodiil
>>
>>161313456
nord stam dk healer. have fun
>>
>>161313513
>they didn't really have any in skyrim or oblivion unless you count lockpicking
why would they suddenly get that in the mmo?
>>161313580
Was the swimming /ever/ worth it? i can't even remember using the spell in morrowind.
>>
>>161312457
20% of your missing health
And the fire weakness is a considerable boost in fire damage taken which could be dangerous in some situations
Also mitigation buffs stack multiplicatively so 75% of whatever little is left after your standard mitigation isn't that impressive
>>
>>161313657
well waterbreathing/walking was nice for a lot of shit, especially if you were a showy wizard like me who used speed/jump/waterwalk to skip like a stone from khuul to solstheim because fuck boats son, but the passive for argonians that gives 50% speed increase in the water is actually huge when it applies. it's almost entirely useless outside shadowfen but there it's actually nice for getting away from all the crazy shit that blends into the swamp and hides under trees and shit.

Imagine a minor pvp event like a warsong gulch or something, dres slavers vs a saxhleel village. exclusive waterwalk pots for the attackers, but the defenders have double speed in massive swathes of the map and can appear right under you because they're under the water, not on top of it.
>>
>>161310974
He purely mentions their combat. I'd love a western MMO with an action combat theme, but it's all tab target still.
>>
>>161314003
is it even possible to tab target in ESO, even for heals?
>>
Do I have to make an account in their website then link it to Steam
>>
if i make a new character with a different faction, how different will the quests be? What level do they become the same as everyone elses if at all?
>>
is healing fun in this? Also how painfull is it to level as a healer? I want to be a qt healer
>>
>>161314219
every faction has completely different territory and while I haven't finished any of them, I assume they never converge except for the 'main' story with that fag prophet and the coldharbour shit.
that said, they all feel kinda samey in that you're the mysterious nobody who for cliched reasons (you're an outsider, they won't recognize you!) you end up directly serving and protecting the monarch almost immediately as a free agent.
>>
>Download game
>Installer won't work
>Have to RE-dl the whole thing to make sure it works

wew lad this game is huge.
>>
>>161314003
Have you even played ESO? It isn't tab targetting.

>>161314065
You can press tab to highlight a enemy, but it only make it your "focus" so you can see his location and health bar even when he is behind a lot a stuff.
>>
>>161314450
please respond
>>
>>161315234
Why don't you play one and find out.
>>
>>161314003
>>161315019
>tab target
new guy here, I did look at the control there's tab target but when I tried it nothing happen. It's still aim target.
>>
>>161315293
im just gona go play morrowind
>>
File: 20161126124502_1.jpg (442KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161126124502_1.jpg
442KB, 1920x1080px
>>161278885
Which side is more fun for PvP: AD, DC or EP?

Which is least numerous on PC EU?
>>
>>161313657
>>161313580
Fun fact: ZOS (RIch Lambert?) said they aren't going to add diving into existing zones but they'd love to make zone (DLC) which includes lots of underwater content/diving.
>>
>>161318743
P.S. I'd rather have spell crafting, jewelry tempering and Vvardenfell before diving.
>>
>>161313836
Oh... That's a lot shittier than I thought.

I guess there's very little reason to become a vampire and getting fire resist as a tank then.

Oh a different note, can anyone answer some basic werewolf questions?

How viable is it to use it for fun in dungeons as a stamina dps? Is it hard to sustain or annoying having to feed after each pull?

How do your passive, armor passives work in WW? I assume your equipments don't matter during it right? Do racial/armor passive work despite that?
>>
>>161314450
Healer is fun because you do a lot of damage while maintaining heals. It's also fun in low level dungeons as you level because tanks don't always hold aggro like other MMOs, so you are really important to the group.

Leveling is super easy and more fun than other MMOs, because you can easily throw on a destruction staff and even have enough skill points to max that out along with restoration. In fact, it's recommended that you level those dps skills to help.

All in all, yes, leveling is super fun and easy. You can pick any class to heal and do all content without issue, but the hardest 1% of the game might require Templar.
>>
>>161314219
You used to be restricted by factions. That's no longer the case, but it makes more sense if you stick with your own faction zones for immersion.

Quests depend on the map, but I've enjoyed most maps so far. There's usually a map wide narrative that takes you across the zone, and choices you make actually matter and result in different dialogues/supporting npcs.

Quests are a lot better than TES single player games.
>>
>>161315428
"Tab target" here will not lock you on to an enemy, you still have to aim. But if theres a bunch of enemies close together and you want to hit a specific one, you can use tab to focus that one enemy, and when aiming at that group you can hit who you have focused
>>
Is this game heavy to run a decent settings?
>>
>>161319967
Post specs.
>>
>>161319967
Not really.

It's probably comparable to skyrim. Only issue is when you run into a heavy particle dungeon with a group of casters that drop lightnings everywhere.

What are some games you play already? At what setting?
>>
High Elf Mag Sorcerer or Redguard Stam Dragonknight for a first character?

What would be more easy peasy lemon squeezy and more fun?
>>
>>161319985
8GB RAM
Intel i7 4770 not overclocked
GTX 660
>>
What level/gear do you need to solo normal dungeons?
>>
>>161320184
Both are fun and easy. Unless you mean pvp. Then definitely not magsorc. Fun, but not so easy.
>>
Do Dragonknights have any heals, as in group stuff of healing in dungeons and shit if i don't want to roll DPS or tank?
>>
>>161320184
Mag sorcerer is probably easier since pets can tank and heal you.
Migh elf sorcerer is very common tho if you care about that.
>>
how the shit can i tell where gathering materials are? im running to every plant i see just to check if i can harvest it
>>
>>161321968
Yeah you can heal with any class. Healers do damage and stuff in dungeons whenever they can anyways.
>>
Why are wood elfs the cutest elfs?
>>
>>161297359
Maybe not "everything", but there's Jute, Torchbungs, two fishing spots, a Runestone, and one or two Iron deposits all within sight of eachother.

I accidentally attacked a guard right after I left the starting building, and while I was on the lamb I completely filled my inventory with the aforementioned loot and some nice magic gear from the skellies nearby.

I walked off the island with everything but enchanted greaves.
>>
vagina flowers
>>
IS burning Spellweave the best set for a MagSorc DPS?
>>
>>161322295
anyone? I just gota know what to look for?
>>
>>161322913
Put points into the passives that make resource nodes light up.
>>
>>161322913
Get a mod, spend skill points on making them glow, or just get used to their appearance over time.
>>
File: sorcerer+pic.jpg (186KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer+pic.jpg
186KB, 1500x938px
>>161321371
I see, probably mag sorc has problems with being squishy you mean?

>>161322186
I might as well roll that sorc if Mag is viable for both pvp and pve ot might be the best option for a newbie.

What about a Breton or Dunmer mag sorc? Would that be viable? Would I lose much dps from not picking High Elf? Are the Breton and Dunmer Sorcs also common?

Should I care what Alliance I'm in? Are the populations balanced? Dont really wanna roll a character in a overpopulated alliance.
>>
>>161323804
>breton

A-anon, are you safe? Is someone threathening you to do that? Should we call the cops?
>>
Why is only such a small part of Tamriel available?
How many years are they going to jew this game one little DLC area at a time?
>>
>>161323804
I didn't mean to suggest not to roll a race you like. Breton and dunmer are both fine races for mag classes as well. Altmer is the most min-max mag race, but Breton or dunmer is probably only 3% weaker in end game. As long as you don't go Orc Magicka or altmer stamina, you are fine. Even if you do the opposite combination, you are still mostly fine.

Alliances sorta matter from a role playing perspective. The world is open to you now, but if you want immersion, then you should stick with your own alliance.
>>
>>161324939
The game is massive as it is, tamerial is just huge.

The justification is that not all jarls/lords have joined their respective alliances, so some zones have not opened up to you yet.
>>
>>161325208
Thanks, Todd.
>>
>>161325281
Yeah because Todd made ESO right?
>>
Holy shit I cant decide if I want to play stam or magicka DK, which race is a decent choice for either?
>>
>>161327536
Dwemer
>>
>>161324939
if they made the entire continent in the base game a) it would all be 'first attempt' quality and we'd never see the major improvements to world building that we do in Orsinium, Hew's Bane and the Gold Coast, and b) they'd be forced to immediately branch out to retarded untouched shit like Akavir or Thras etc, and basically go full space-goat as WoW did. I'm glad they left themselves plenty of room to expand.
>>
>>161316609
They are all garbage filled with circlejerking autists
>>
>>161327536
Dakko erufu
MagDK is way more fun
>>
File: 1446836312022.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1446836312022.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
>>161324553
A-are bretons bad? Not liked? Am thinking about rolling this games male draenei?

>>161325113
Well I'm absolutely new to the game so I don't know much. I'm leaning mostly towards either Altmer or Dunmer. I'm also considering a Breton but that's mostly because it's a normal human.

I'm wondering about Dunmer though because it seems everyone hates EP from what I read on the forums.

How is EP doing in PvP on PC EU? Does anyone know? I asked about balance in game on AD side but all I got was that EP suck, DC are retards and AD are masterrace. Figures.
>>
What classes can heal somewhat decently? What classes can tank somewhat decently?
>>
>>161329636
templar, DK
>>
>>161329636
any class + resto staff
any class + heavy armor
>>
I put my first two attribute points onto HP.

Should I delete the character, or can I just respec at some point?
>>
>>161331237
you can respec anytime at your faction's major capital
do it now when you have little points and the cost is lower
>>
>>161331353
Oh, awesome. Will do.
>>
>Bought the game, because anons said there are alive dungeons and I miss dungeon fun from GW2
>Reached level 10, started joining queues
>Im level 16 now and still didnt move my ass outside Daggerfall city, simply because I keep running dungeons
>Just researching and dismantling and doing crafting dailies when not running dungeons
>Cant stop

Help.
>>
>>161331578
sounds like you got what you wanted anon, but do understand there are world dungeons out there that you have to walk to which have unique shit going on.
>>
>>161331673

Yes, but I would need to go outside of dungeons and explore the world and shit, but I CANT STOP RUNNING DUNGEONS ;_;
>>
>Puncturing Strikes is cheap, strong, and hits multiple opponents multiple times per button press
>Sun Fire is better than Crystal Shard
>Restoring Light
>Also gets Soul Trap

Jesus, is Templar the best class?
>>
>>161332302
It would be a shame if someone nerfed it ...
>>
How long does it take to get to endgame? I don't want to reach it after a few days like it current wow.
>>
>>161329440
>Breton
>normal human

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

t. the Nords
>>
>>161333012
Don't Nords have the whole sundered elf heritage totally-not-like-Numenor thing going on though?
>>
>>161327536
Easily dunmer especially with the whole fire thing.
>>
File: 1430951080224.jpg (64KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1430951080224.jpg
64KB, 500x400px
Alright you faggots, brand new Xbone player from the free weekend here. Been working on a Nord Dragonknight and loving it so far. Few questions though:

>How does PvP work? Are the campains like side activities you can jump into anywhere or are there designated battle areas?
>Related question: how's the guild system? Is it just basic group of friends or is EVE level dickery/drama allowed?
>What's the best looking battle axe iyo?
>The one thing in the crown store absolutely worth the shekkles?
>What, is your QUEST?
>What, is your FAVORITE COLOR?
>>
>>161333153
Nords are men down to the bone, anon. There's a reason it only took 500 of them to utterly annihilate the snow elves
>>
>>161333153
Nord come from the Atmorans, who were men, not elfs.
>>
If I wanted to go Aedra spear Argonian, would I just max stamina and morph everything to use stamina? I tried looking through some of those videos but it seems like you can do anything you fuckin' want.

That being said, I still want to be a little bit efficient.
>>
>Walking through Eastmarch
>See two Bosmer struggling to start a fire.
>Start it for them
>They say thank-you and I get 500 xp

cool
>>
>>161335071
So basically skills either scale with stamina or Magicka for damage. Utility or buff skills usually don't scale, so you can use them without investing into them usually.

For any important damage skills, you should match their version with your attributes.
>>
>>161333349
you got to Cyrodiil and you fuck shit up. but mostly you just get ganked or zerged down. fun.

there is no EVE level drama. but there is some drama, mostly between PvP guilds and top tier trading guilds example - TTM vs TTG on PC EU.

Maelstrom Axe. unfortunately, it's a unique style not found in motifs or anywhere else.

nothing is really worth getting. unless it's like a race change or whatever.

Geirmund's Oath

gray
>>
>tfw hearing the taunts from Molag Bal as you destroy dark anchors

truly the best moment for me
>>
File: 1455818135879.png (735KB, 555x621px) Image search: [Google]
1455818135879.png
735KB, 555x621px
>>161333349
>>161337753
>tfw got the reference as I submitted post

Geirmund's Oath is still the best quest
>>
>>161302092
So they don't stack?
>>
So /tesog/, do you use lore friendly names?
>>
Hey guys, I don't know why but j hate having tons of addons/mods in games.

If you had to pick one or two that's YOUR personal favorite or you consider the most important/essential, what would you say?

I'm trying to see if I can get away of using none, but the default UI doesn't even show what buffs/debuffs you have which is ridiculous.
>>
I've been playing GW2 lately and now I keep jumping off high cliffs because I forget you can't glide here. ;_;
>>
>>161338458
Get one of the UI mods like AUI - Advanced UI to show all kinds of stuff like minimap and combat data (buffs, damage etc).
>>
>>161338458
I've been playing since the betas and never used a single addon, and I do veteran dungeons and trials almost sometimes pvp everyday.
>>
>>161338427
I don't
>>
>>161338458
>I'm trying to see if I can get away of using none

you can if you want, although I really don't see why

console players don't have addons, they do fine. and zos said they are developing buff trackers for games default UI

addons aren't exactly essential, they just enhance the game, make it less tedious, more "streamlined", etc.
>>
So if you research an effect on one type of weapon or armor/clothes, can you then use that effect of a different type of weapon/armor/clothes?

Like if I get the Training effect off the starter bow, can I make Training swords?
>>
>>161341123
no, each item type have their own trait
>>
>>161341264
Ah, bummer.
>>
File: 1315982329300.gif (340KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1315982329300.gif
340KB, 240x180px
>>161341429
You mean ah, dunmer!
>>
What is the easiest way to level up Alliance war? I just need War Horn
>>
>>161338427
Yes. I even vary my Khajiit names between ones that are "correct" for the period (the -suffix style ones) and the "fashionable and new" style supposedly out of Alabaster, which is the Prefix'Name style.

And argonians are fun to do lore friendly names for because you can often do something funny with it too.
>>
File: eso-2014-10-16-08-34-55-41.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eso-2014-10-16-08-34-55-41.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
So what faction is better at PvP at PC EU. EP or DC?

DC seem like elitist jerks though.
>>
>>161341516
that's about as bad as the attempted Fredas pun.

do not pursue a career in comedy.
>>
What does Nirnroot do in this game? Is there some quest to collect them?
>>
>>161341758
dont make fun of my fucking fredas joke again... or else.
>>
>>161341516
Don't ever do that again.
>>
>>161341716
they are more or less all the same
>>
File: 1333305625531.gif (13KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1333305625531.gif
13KB, 100x100px
>>161341758
>>161342002
Yeesh, tough crowd
>>
>>161341716
>DC seem like elitist jerks though

elitist jerks usually are elitist jerks because they take the game so seriously, so I suppose that should account for something

I play on all 3 factions PC EU, on different campaigns and basically >>161342009
>>
>>161341954
why don't you go elsweyr, we don't like your bad jokes around here
>>
File: 1336367393648.gif (2MB, 188x264px) Image search: [Google]
1336367393648.gif
2MB, 188x264px
>>161342223
That's more like it. Shitty jokes are fun
>>
>>161341758
Honestly, I don't know which one is worse.
>>
Nord dragonknight or Templar, which is better?
>>
Can I play a Paladin? Pretty much the only playstyle I enjoy in any game ever. Preferably Nord/Imperial, I guess Breton would be ok too.

>what is best race for pvp paladin playstyle
>>
>>161342421
dragonknight is better for some things, but sometimes for some things templar is better. be more specific, for fucks sake, better for what?
>>
>>161342701
nord or imperial templar
>>
File: JB-QsLM4.jpg (142KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
JB-QsLM4.jpg
142KB, 1252x1252px
>tfw you can't recreate him in the character creator
>>
File: Dragonknight.jpg (146KB, 750x350px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonknight.jpg
146KB, 750x350px
>>161342129
Do you prefer one or the other in terms of people?

Is the community better in DC or EP?

>>161342009
Well I made a lvl 10 Nightblade on AD and noticed some furry cat roleplay so there is that.

Can't decide really what faction to go with.

For example is one more populated than the other? I hate queues.
>>
>>161341562
do you get banned for using inappropriate names?
chokes-on-dick would be a lorefriendly name for an argonian and a nice southpark reference
>>
>>161343684
You'll get forced to change the name if it gets reported and they deem it inappropriate.
>>
>>161343684
Poos-In-Loo would be better.
>>
will magicka nightblades ever be good for anything again?
>>
>>161289867
next year I bet
>>
>>161342784
s-sorry anon I just wanted to know which might be better for overall tanking and DPS.
>>
just started playing. Any addons i must have?
>>
>>161305894
it'll be difficult as shit and you won't do top tier dps but it can work
>>
>>161343325
next patch, behind the paywall
>>
>>161278885
How does itemization work when i hit 160 champion? Do i just save all the legendary tempers and craft a good set from a location or do i have to run dungeons to get decent stuff?
>>
Oh neat, I just joined a random dungeon group and it immediately disbanded. Like literally 1 second after it got formed. Now I gotta wait 15 minutes to re-queue.
>>
Sorcerers' pets don't scale with Magicka, right?

So if I wanted to make a melee-and-pet Sorcerer (I realize it's a pretty stupid idea), I could just dump all my points into Stamina?

On a somewhat related note, is it ever appropriate to spend points on Health?
>>
>>161346696
>craft a good set from a location or do i have to run dungeons to get decent stuff?
both
>>
>>161341516
I liked it.

but I'm a sucker for puns and I do some terrible ones myself
>>
>>161348026
>Sorcerers' pets don't scale with Magicka, right?
pretty sure that they do
>>
>>161327536
Dunmer is best at everything.
it's actually nord. I wouldn't kick a nord from any role.
>>
i can't fuckin decide, tanky spearing argonian or some sort of nightblade argonian?
>>
>>161348320
Oh, so I see.

Is it a terrible idea to "cross-class"? Could I go like 1:1 Mag:Stam and not be too gimped?
>>
How do I go full magiplar?
I think I went Two hand, heavy armor, and im pretty sure that's the worst possible thing for pve (and I put points into stam and health but w/e it was my first character and I can respec)
Do i /need/ a destruction/resto staff? I really like how their skills work, but I want to actually destroy shit as a templar, instead of tank shit while it eventually dies.
Secondary question: what's the easiest capital city to run to from the three starting wayshrines they give you.
I /did/ go breton, so at least I have that going for me.
>>
>>161348870
argonians make pretty good tanks desu.
>>
>tfw decide to go for the Monster Hunter title on my main
>go to Rivenspire to work on undead shit because the place is lousy with vampires
>kill like 200 of them using mostly bow and fighters' guild abilities
>throw down a trap, shoot them with poisoned arrows, shotgun them with a mini-crossbow
>tfw had more fun grinding this shit than I expected because I felt like some Van Helsing motherfucker

This might not be so bad. Relatedly, anyone know of locations that are like, crawling with Atronachs? I have all the daedra kills I need except for Atronachs and I can't recall anywhere that was as atronach-filled as Rivenspire is undead-filled. Even coldharbour seems to be mostly scamps/dremora/clanfears/etc.
>>
>>161348921
Stack lots of crit, lots of spell damage and spam Puncturing Sweeps until everything dies
Light armour for extra damage

Destro staff is not necessary, I use dual-wield swords for extra spell damage (not using any dual wield abilities) but if you go full DPS it could be useful on your back bar for the DoTs/elemental drain or something
>>
>>161349091
Willowgrove in Reaper's March.
>>
>>161349324
many thanks.
>lots of crit
Is that just standard pve logic at the moment?
a friend who went stam nightblade keeps saying i should also make one and do the same thing.
>>
>>161349324
how shit is 2h compared to dw while doing a magplar?
>>
So dividing your attribute points is never a good idea?
>>
>>161348890
nope. I mean, you'll be fine for questing and normal dungeons. Forget about doing any more difficult content if you try hybrid
>>
>>161349456
very shit. the only benefit from DW is the last passive that increases all damage by 2.5% per sword. that's why DW is good even on a magicka character. 2h doesn't have that passive.
>>
>>161349598
for a tank it might be, on certain builds. for DD or healer, never
>>
>>161349854
It does
DW is preferably because you can get two enchantments, though.

At least I think that's why.
>>
>>161349726
Disappointing but not surprising. Seems dumb to all but force you to put a weapon in your hand if all you do is spam Class Skills.

>>161349854
>very shit
>a whopping 5% damage loss
Is this the kind of autism required to see all the content in the game? I don't think I'm up for that.

>>161349965
So far the only things that seem appealing to me are playing like it's a solo game: pet-using sorcerer with Bow and 2H or DW once I hit lv15. Or, just full-mag Templar.

It sounds like full-mag Templar is the one that will have any kind of efficacy, but at lv 6 it's already super boring.
>>
>>161350147
sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about

>>161350197
>Is this the kind of autism required to see all the content in the game?
just the harder content. you can do what you want in this game, that's 100% true. but if what you want to do is to have a GOOD build, an effective build, a build that's viable to clear the hardest content in the game, there are rules to follow when making such a build.
>>
>>161350587
>you can do what you want in this game, that's 100% true. but if what you want to do is to have a GOOD build
So I'm either stuck with the Templar, or resigning myself to completing the game twice?

I guess I can deal with the latter. Might as well do the "fun" build first then and see if that makes me want to stick around.
>>
>>161350587
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Heavy+Weapons ?
>>
>>161350871
"fun" builds tend to not be so fun when you reach higher levels and things start to get tougher, just keep that in mind, but I say go for it
>>
how are magicka nightblades in pvp? can they do anything else effectively besides ganking, bombing large groups and running away?
>>
>>161351068
Well unless there's a way to get Weapon Skills to scale off Magicka or something, I might just wind up shelving the game, then.

Because man I don't think I can take the monotony of playing one class with one good rotation.
>>
When's the next XP increase event?

Leveling in this game vanilla is fucking torture
>>
>>161350948
read what those passives do. read everything and read carefully, and then think. but don't worry, if you still don't get it, reply and I will spoonfeed you
>>
>>161351301
sure, they can. if you are very good player, they can do lots. but they are pretty much the weakest class in PvP currently, and probably the hardest to play. still, I've seen what good players can do with them and they can be impressive. I've put mine on full crafting duty tho
>>
>>161351317
when the New Life event comes, or whatever it was called. so like half a month from now?
>>
>>161351306
why can't you just be a stamina sorcerer then, if you want to use weapons?
>>
So I'm browsing through the classes now... Is Nightblade the only class with a Stamina conversion?

It looks like Dragonknight, Templar, and Sorc all use Magicka. And hell even the Nightblade starts by using Magicka.

This makes the weapon skills all scaling on Stamina seem even weirder to me.

Is there just no reason to use weapon skills, or even stamina, outside of stamina Nightblades?
>>
>>161351869
every class can be either stamina or magicka. what made you think only nightblades could?
>>
>>161351975
What? How?

Literally the first thing I asked was whether it would be viable to go 1:1 on Mag and Stam as a Sorcerer, and rather than tell me I had alternative, I was just told "no".

Are you talking about the individual skills that have a stamina conversion, or is there some way to get all my shit to scale on one Attribute that I'm not privy to yet?
>>
>>161352152
All classes have skills which have stam and mag morphs. Go read fextralife.

Stam damage: disease, poison, physical
Mag damage: fire, frost, lightning, magic
>>
>>161352152
once you level up an ability enough, you can morph it to another version of it. some abilities can be morphed from a magicka ability to a stamina ability.

damage is scaled from not only your "weapon damage" and "spell damage", but also from your max resource pool. Meaning, the more total magicka you have, the more powerful your abilities will be, same applies to stamina. that's why you can't be a hybrid. you have to be either full magicka or full stamina, or else you lose a lot of damage for both kinds of abilities.
>>
>>161352270
Well yeah, some. That still shoehorns you into an archetype which may or may not be any good. It looks like only convertible skill Sorcerer has in Deadric Sumonning, as an example, is Bound Armor.

So yeah, I guess I could use only Bound Armor and Weapon Skills, and say I'm a stamSorc, but that's not what I was hoping for.
>>
>Having fun
>See a stam sorc
>Day ruined
>>
File: TESO DK.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TESO DK.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
r8 my Orc

dislikes : lizzards
>>
>>161352698
Bound armour, dark exchange, lightning form has direct stamina morphs

other buff abilities have stamina morphs, as in those buffs benefit stamina, while still using magicka to cast. which is fine. buffs don't scale from anything anyway.

and weapon abilities are the cornerstone of a STAMINA build. of course you are going to be using weapon abilities if you want stamina.
>>
>>161352698
>looks like only convertible skill Sorcerer has in Deadric Sumonning,
look again
>>
>>161352934

>not a fat (thicc) orc girl

1/10
>>
>>161352934
orc/10
>>
>>161352946
Yeah, but it means my pets are garbage and why-the-hell-did-you-pick-Sorcerer-if-you-wanted-to-melee.

Maybe it's better than the 1:1 I was asking after, but it still sounds like full-magicka Templar is better, which is enough to sour the thought.

>>161353036
It totally looks like Bound Armor is the only Stamina Ability they get in Summoning.

I see that Clannfear does physical damage, but the ability costs magicka.
>>
>>161353105
>fat ("""""""""thicc""""""""") orc girl
orcs are for battle
go max muscular or go home
better yet, end yourself
>>
>>161353297
>why-the-hell-did-you-pick-Sorcerer-if-you-wanted-to-melee
I picked it because they are pretty much the best class in the game right now
>>
>>161353306

Orcs are for breeding
>>
File: questionable.jpg (14KB, 200x314px)
questionable.jpg
14KB, 200x314px
>>161353420
Color me skeptical.
>>
>>161353475
I'll color you nigger
>>
File: 1478088702363.jpg (179KB, 404x521px) Image search: [Google]
1478088702363.jpg
179KB, 404x521px
>>161353436
Huh thats funny because the book this cat is holding in this reaction image says you're a fucking idiot so what do you have to say about that?
>>
So the scores for alliances in Cyrodil.

Do they matter?
>>
>>161353297
You have very little understanding about how the actual game works, how the builds and abilities work, and you just assume a whole lot of shit, that's pretty apparent. My advice - stop asking here and go play the game. Find out for yourself what works and what doesn't. It'll come pretty fast, and you'll either know that you like it or know that you hate it. Come back here for advice on HOW to build, once you have more understanding on what that even means.
>>
question for y'all, whats better for pvp, ravager set or veiled heritance set.
im gonna be using biting jabs if that makes any difference
>>
>>161354225
they determine what reward you'll get once the campaign ends. Winner gets best reward, loser gets worst reward. but rewards are pretty shit though, so I'd say they don't matter
>>
File: 1371704743015.jpg (73KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1371704743015.jpg
73KB, 500x447px
Of rapid strike or bloodthirst: is one far superior to another? I'm wanting to to get some sustain that isn't just strife, but I've no idea what to get.

I either 100% super easily kill mobs, groups or no, or I die near instantly, usually to bosses. advice? I'm feeling pretty shit at eso/nightblade if I'm dying at what should be rather normal content, regardless of how instant it seems to be.
>>
>>161354228
I wanna summon pets while also being able to dick around with Bow and 2H.

Pets all scale off Magicka and weapons all scale off Stamina.

Sounds like case closed to me.
>>
>>161354682
you can do those things
>>
File: 5635243698.jpg (18KB, 347x548px) Image search: [Google]
5635243698.jpg
18KB, 347x548px
>>161354013
>Schizo hates thick orcs

not surprised
>>
ZOS needs to get their shit together and add jewelry tempering, traits recrafting and fucking remove damage scaling of maximun stamina/magicka already.
>>
>>161354815
>>161350587
>just the harder content. you can do what you want in this game, that's 100% true. but if what you want to do is to have a GOOD build, an effective build, a build that's viable to clear the hardest content in the game, there are rules to follow when making such a build.

Can =/= should, I figure.
>>
>>161354637
nightblade is the hardest class to play for a newcomer, especially a stamina nightblade, so just keep that in mind when you die to weak ass shit

get rapid strikes for maximum damage this is the morph you should be using in endgame group content as DPS, get bloodthirst for more survivability if you need it
>>
>>161355003
well you can't have everything. unfortunately what you want isn't also a strong build. but if what you want to do is just TES fuckery, you can always ignore dungeons. there's plenty of other shit to do that don't require good builds. besides, you can't mess up your character permanently, so you can always remake your bullshit build into a good one

also, stamina sorcerer is actually a fotm class these last few patches. crazy damage and survivability. and it's cool as fuck to play.
>>
>>161354637
Skills for sustain:
Rally, bloodthirst, mark target, brawler, refreshing path, killer's blade. That's how I did solo content when I was a scrub.
>>
File: orc dk.jpg (660KB, 1920x1080px)
orc dk.jpg
660KB, 1920x1080px
yes or no?
>>
>>161355318
>unfortunately what you want isn't also a strong build
That was the answer I'd reached before the conversation got started again.

I'll probably just do two characters.
>>
>>161355069
It is? shit. What's easiest? please don't say dragon knight
I'll get bloodthirst, I can always respec.

>>161355362
Many thanks, anon. I am very scrubby but also my friends are flakes and made me buy the game then barely play it themselves so i have to solo.

Secondary question for you two, involving respecs and such:
Cash- Is it like most MMOs where the difference from what you aim to be getting at the beginning is such vastly different from what you get at the end that you shouldn't even bother farming/hoarding it until endgame, and just buy what you want, or is it more gradual?
>>
>>161353436
Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo
>>
If I only like TES for the exploration aspect, will I like this game? The combat looks pretty bad and the lore has always been terrible. But I enjoyed GW2 for example because the environments were really cool, even if the end game was shitty.
>>
>>161355803
Don't buy anything with gold, don't bother with repairs cause you'll always be getting better gear as you level.

Personally I think the only blacksmith/clothing/wood mats that matter are the cp140 and cp160 ones. You could do most vet dungeons with a good set of cp 140 armor and cp 160 weapons. Every other mat can be sold.

Alchemy mats are always important. The purple and gold upgrade mats are important. Provisioning mats aren't that important, they're very cheap to get.

Deconstruct everything not ornate, not for research, and not for your personal gear.
>>
should i get the tamriel unlimited edition or the gold edition
>>
>>161356437
>don't buy anything with gold
elaborate?
cause I bought a horse and a couple soul gems as a backend in case I ever run out, but if you mean like armor and weapons and such, I don't.
>repair
never have bothered with repairs in any MMO.
>Alchemy mats are important
shit, i've kind of been eating those even when I have like 7
Provisioning I've just been shoving in guild banks for others to use.

I have been mostly deconstructing, I sold a few things to save up for horse.

Oh-
How is ledgerdemain for cash? Is it based around character level now and such worthless for cash till endgame or is it based on skill level? (will still obviously level it since it's daily, though)
>>
File: sans.jpg (30KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
sans.jpg
30KB, 350x350px
WEWEWE
whats better for PVP ravengers set or veiled heritance?
WEWEWE
>>
>>161357008
Yeah, the only thing you should spend gold on is the horse, so you're good.

Because of hirelings, every skill with a hireling makes mats very cheap. However there is no alchemy hireling, so alchemy mats are expensive cause the only way to get them is to pick them off the ground. Recently they added a way to buy alch mats in the IC DLC using TV stones which should lower the price, but nevertheless alch mats are the hardest mats to get except for gold tempers.

Gold tempers can only be gotten from hirelings (rare) and doing crafting writs (less rare but not something you should be concerned with while you're new).

Legerdemain is actually not bad for cash, and you can make some gold by fencing stolen goods which are not based on any skill or char level, but my issue with it is that it give no experience, which you will always want until you reach max CP. You do want maxed legedermain for PvP cause of the hiding passive.
>>
>>161314762
>install game
>not enough space
>free space
>download resumes
>download finishes
>downloading patch
>fucking hell
>not enough space
>free more space
>patch again
>error 206
>wew lad
>repair
>not enough space
>WEW L A D
>free every space you can
>finally start repairing
>start game
>YES FUCK YES
>10 minute loading screen
>kicked out due to inactivity
How would you feel after all this?
>>
Had to unzip the install_eso file and am trying to install the launcher through that since other methods weren't working.. Wil this fuck shit up? The launcher is updating shit but it doesn't appear to actually be installing into a foldier in program files or anything, just where I unzipped the exe file.
>>
>>161356491
Gold Edition for all the DLC's plus a horse and a few in-game currency while it's on sale.
>>
File: khajit.png (1MB, 693x903px) Image search: [Google]
khajit.png
1MB, 693x903px
How do you feel about this cat?
>>
>>161358871
It's a furry, so dislike.
>>
If I have an account with the base version can I buy the gold edition on steam and link it to that account for the dlc?
>>
>>161358839
How long does it last? I got 500 Crowns for no reason and not sure what to spend them on.
>>
>>161358124

Bad
>>
>>161359032
Until the Autumn Sale ends. I was about to skip on Gold Edition even though it was on sale before the autumn sale began. When I saw the sale was extended I bought it and now I am waiting 5 minutes just to get to the character selection screen.
I also haven't spent my crowns.
>>
>>161359224
No I mean, if I buy Gold with my Crowns (If I even can? It looks like I can), how long do I have access to the DLC?
>>
File: New Bitmap Image.jpg (50KB, 778x382px)
New Bitmap Image.jpg
50KB, 778x382px
Okay what the hell motiffs are these armors? I've looked at every resource I can find and they don't look like any race's iron armor, but they also aren't on any uncraftables list.
>>
>>161359526
Left is Breton right is High Elf. If they've been picked up at low levels in blacksmiths and other areas, they retain the Tier 3 model but they're Iron.
>>
>>161359635
>If they've been picked up at low levels in blacksmiths and other areas, they retain the Tier 3 model but they're Iron.
Gotcha.

Yeah, right is definitely Altmer Orichalc.

Damn, I wanted to craft these soonish.
>>
>>161358871
Looks fine but I dislike red eyes.
>>
>>161358871
set fat to max
>>
Leeching Strikes is bad, yeah?
should just always go Siphoning Attacks?
>>
>>161355454
looks like a hotter version of a nightblade i had a while ago, i like.

>>161358871
>red eyes
go light blue or soft/dark yellow imo.
>>
So got any advice for a new player which faction to do first so I enjoy my first playthrough of the story?

Which faction has in your opinion the best quests, zones and good places to rob so I can get gold to upgrade my shit?

I was thinking of going Dunmer for EP but apparently EP has bad and boring zones?
>>
How overplayed is Nightblade? Especially after 2 stealth focused updates
>>
>>161360472
y...you can do them all...
just choose what race you like
>>
>>161360953
Everybody is a NB.
Every. Body.
>>
Female orc dk tank, female khajit nb dps, or female high elf Templar healer?
>>
Any recommendations on what mods to use for a better UI?
>>
>>161361404
can templar not be dps?
>>
>>161354984
They need to form an EvE-esque player council so that they can constantly be berated for all their misdeeds by people who understand what it is that they're talking about.

But that would be pointless.
>>
>>161361081
I know I can but I'll still be following the storyline of my faction first and leveling in my factions zones.

So I'm curious which faction do you fine anons consider to be fun for someone new.
>>
Has anybody else seen this shit in pvp
>large zerg seiging
>fucker worse than genkers comes in
>wears grothdarr and destro ultimate
fuck off
>>
In regards to StamSorc, how would I build for that?

Do I just put points into stam, and use the weapon(s) I like, having shit pets and spells, and letting the skills just sit on my bar until I can morph them?

Or do I go magicka now and respec later?

For general gameplay flow, what do I do? I just hit level 11 and so far I've been dragging ass buying Motiffs and mats for petty crafting, and just generally not spending my time well.

Do I just blast through the MQs to level up, or should I start doing dungeon searches?

How do I make money besides petty theft?
>>
How can I get the fun out of a Templar ?
>>
>>161355503
Dude there are two pet skills, both are perfectly fine to use while you level and do quests even if you go 100% stamina. Just put them away in dungeons.

Actually the unstable clanfear is there to tank and heal you, and it works completely fine even for lfg dungeon groups.

Stamina sorcerer gets plenty of sorcerer abilities to use along with weapon skills. You realize you only have access to 5 skills and an ultimate per bar right?
>>
So I want to pick up an mmo I can play casually, leveling in and not really giving a shit about end game I already have several games I am raiding or pushing end game/competitive content in. Is ESO the best choice for that? Last time I played was in beta and it was shit but I've heard good things about the leveling content recently.
>>
>>161362995
Sure, you can play this casually, levelling experience is there, eso isn't about rushing to the endgame.

I've heard the voice acted quests and general quest design is better than a typical MMO. I've played to level 20 of WoW and I agree when comparing the two games.

I think the only other MMO with a better story is swtor but I've never played it.
>>
>>161362995
IMO FFXIV:ARR crushes ESO in every conceivable way
>>
>>161363961
If you don't mind the ocasional funny cutscene with a naked guy running at supersonic speed, because Anime.
>>
What is this torchbug/firefly aura I see some people with, and how do I get it?
>>
Why is Dragon Knight the least popular class? Kids loves skyrim
>>
Bosmer Sword-and-Board Stamina Sorcerer Tank, Medium Armor
Or
Altmer DPS Magicka Templar, Light Armor?

Or are both terribad ideas?
>>
Any vamps in NA willing to bite me? I'm at the vamp altar in the rift.
>>
>>161279176
Razum-dar turned me into a furry. I never like that shit, it's a boner killer, yet goddamn if I aindn't love to watch Razum-dar fuck the hell out of a qt petite wood elf and rip her apart. No homo.

>>161291280
"nigga i paid for this food yall gettin none"

>>161320594
I think you'll be pretty alright with those famalam

>>161332874
It really, really, really depends but I'm a NEET who started the game around... Shit, months ago? And I'm still on my first character and not in endgame yet. Might be because I kept/keep doing side things here and there but still. I think you'll actually be more frustrated you can't have enough time to find out what happens next, hahaha.
>>
>>161366172

Good taste
>>
>>161365956
are you playing on the super nintendo entertainment system?
>>
>>161365726
An important subquestion:

Are there any non-heavy armors that don't look like shit? Everything I've seen that isn't some kind of heavy armor or Altmer's Homespun has just looked like total shit.
>>
>>161338427
Does "Ma'whis'cas" count as a Khajiit lorefriendly name?

>>161343783
Really? Has this ever actually happened to anyone?
>>
so if I want to be a vampire my best option is dark elf sorcerer?
>>
Thinking of playing xxxtra hardcore rock hard donkey cock supreme survival mode where nearly everything is decided by a random number generator. There are 10 races, I input 1-10 in the generator and roll. 4 classes, input and roll. 3 points to focus (health, stam, mag), input and roll. And so on. Even in gender and appearance.

Bonus: If character dies, it dies permanently; I delete it. If a Khajiit is rolled, however, I got 7 lives.

Bottoms up
>>
So I'm a sorcerer playing with a paladin, and some dps and tanks.

The paladin has said that he's going to 50/50 healing and attack abilities.
Should I 50/50 healing and damage abilities, or go full on damage?
>>
File: [laughter stops].jpg (127KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
[laughter stops].jpg
127KB, 635x457px
>>161367096
>Permadeath
>in an mmo
sounds pretty fucking retarded fampai
>>
File: 1453815243021.png (10KB, 362x141px)
1453815243021.png
10KB, 362x141px
>>161278885
If a guard kills you do the take away all your gold?

Is there any way in game to lose all gold?

I hope not.

Also where is the best place to pickpocket people with low lvl skill?

Is killing people good for profit? Where would be a good spot to do it?
>>
>>161367685
>best place to pickpocket
Pickpocketing guards is the easiest anon.
>>
How do I make the tankiest tank that ever did tank?
I'm thinking Swordboard nord (mostly, magicka 3 for every 1 health or something) magicka templar?
I'd go imperial which seems as good or better, but don't have it.

>>161367685
They don't, no.
Teleport to points without using the waypoints themselves in succession
you need to level ledgerdemain
no, nowhere.
>>
Should I buy the gold edition for $30 or Vanilla for $10? I haven't played ESO so I really don't know what it's worth, or how much the content is worth, or how relevant the dlc content is.
>>
>>161367993
Go for gold.
The DLCs bring new mechanics and are heaps of fun (steal shit during heists, assassinations).
Also you get a horse for free.
>>
>>161367993
Just play vanilla then. If you like it get the guilds dlc pack ingame, it's the same as gold sans the horse.
>>
ep or ad?
>>
>>161368315
AD if you'd like a little twist n humour from your average storyline
>>
I need someone to answer this question, need to know if TESO deserves to be part of the TES series.

Can I play a stealth archer? Is it viable, like, can I pvp and run dungeons and shit?
>>
Stygian Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage

(3 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina

(4 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(5 items) While you are Sneaking or invisible, your Spell Damage and Max Magicka is increased by 20%.

Does the 5 piece bonus affect your light and heavy attacks?
>>
>>161368315
AD is the tumblr alliance. Only women are allowed to be in charge and all male leaders turn out to be evil or useless.
>>
File: Screenshot_20150805_170942.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20150805_170942.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>161368315
EP: humorous ethnocentrist banter between all alliance members that equally disdain each other
AD: no fun allowed straight xenophobia stories and muh oppression of cannibals and catsavages without even the option to be on team pure-blood.
>>
Is pvp really that bad in teso?
I've only been playing pve and think it'll stay that way
but I want to convince my brother to buy it and he's mostly intrested in pvp since guild wars
I know you cant compare the two. But still, is it disappointing?
>>
File: aPG2xLn_700b.jpg (23KB, 610x351px)
aPG2xLn_700b.jpg
23KB, 610x351px
>>161368606
What twist and humour?
It's literally the SJW faction.
Good and great at everything queen fighting against racism and bigotry and all men are evil and stupid and useless.
When a character in 3 separate conversations tells you how he hates racism you should know something is going on.

Also AD, on PC EU at least is full of "le so random ima girl xD" people and fucking furfags that erp in Auridon.

Image from Google so fuck off.
>>
>>161368762
before level scaling I stealthed an entire dungeon 15 levels above me. it wasn't on a stealth archer but I do have one of those as well and it's perfectly viable.
>>
>>161368315
AD has the better storyline, and I'm an EP main. Granted maybe that's because I've fully played through the EP storyline 3 times whereas I've only done the AD and DC once.

>>161370253
I've always thought PvP was fun, and that people whine way too much about balance.
>>
>>161368762
also, in the beta my stealth archer got ambushed by a player while picking flowers and still won the fight. my stealth archer duel success rate is 2/3.
>>
>>161370304
Not that guy, but the Dringoth and spinner quests are 10/10 well written.
>>
>>161370304
>every bosmer/khajiit questgiver outside the military just wants you to steal something or rig a bet
>they don't even talk about it like it's wrong, just casually dance around the illegality of it unless you bring it up
>a few altmer disdain them but most are self-hating cucks that want to help the poor savages integrate, which they have no desire to do
redpilled faction desu
>>
>>161370446
You really liked following the queen around and saving here from her incompetence?

I always thought AD had the worst storyline.

I thought I'm gonna play some elf isolationist nationalists that want to rule everyone and I got some carebears fighting against privilege.
>>
File: 1454159003766.jpg (32KB, 357x303px)
1454159003766.jpg
32KB, 357x303px
>>161370917
Sounds like Germany or rather the EU and Immigrants.
>>
>>161370990
I enjoyed the Khajiit stuff, and the spinner stuff. Dringoth was my favourite quest in ESO. The Vile Manse was pretty neat as well.

Literally every faction leader is incompetent (though imo Emeric > Jorunn > Ayrenn in terms of competence), but I didn't think they were god awful. The one person whose incompetence elevated him above all others was Vanus Galerion. I hate that fuck.
>>
File: key to life.jpg (105KB, 640x480px)
key to life.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
>>161362015
>>161364461
>>161365726
>>161366428
Bump.

I know you guys get asked stupid shit like this all day but I have no idea what I'm doing and really want to stop wasting time, or get to wasting it more efficiently.
>>
>>161370867
Bosmer and Cat quests were fine, the Altmer quests were cucked.
>>
should I be doing any of the dlc packs early or are they all for end game?
>>
>>161371205
Stam sorc: hurricane, dark deal, bound armaments, crit surge
Max stamina points.
Why buy motifs or mats for crafting. You don't need to craft. Deconstruct everything.
Since it's your first run just go through each zone thoroughly, get every skyshard, do every quest.
I make money by doing DB sacraments and selling the motifs. Motifs in general sell for good money. I also sell my purple upgrade mats when I get more than 400.

Torchbug aura is probably hist bark armor. Or ebon armor. Or whatever that armor is that reduces magicka costs.

Bosmer stam sorc is fine. Stam tank is fine, literally anyone can as long as they have a taunt and something to not die. Spamming war horn with Tava's is a bonus.
Altmer magicka templar is fine

Of course there are non heavy armors that don't look like shit. I like the Abah's Watch medium armor coloured silver. Dunmer medium isn't bad either. The merc light armors are good too.
>>
>>161371689
Oh yeah, put all the skills you want to level on your back bar and then switch to that before turning in quests.

Go to Cyrodill once you reach 10 and do the basic quest to unlock Rapid Maneuvers, makes things so much faster.
>>
are tanks in pvp a thing or are they useless like in every other mmo?
>>
>>161371205
Bosmer are shit tanks, only dual wield and bow is viable for PvE. 2H for PvP.

Stamsorc is just a full stamina melee sorcerer that uses sorcerer buffs.

You either go full stamina or full mag, pick a class that has bonuses to the attribute you want.

If you'd do a Altmer stamsorc you would have a bad time for example.
>>
>>161371689
>>161371780
Thanks m8. I'll work on the StamSorc while I wait for someone to chime in on the Templar.

>>161371883
>Bosmer are shit tanks
I can see the lack of Health regen being an issue maybe, but I figured the Stamina regen would let me spam Sword-and-Board skills pretty well.
>>
Any reason to keep these treasure maps? Do I need them in order to get at the treasure or can I safely delete them and use a guide from the net if I really want them?
>>
>>161372476
they dont show up if you dont have the map, they disappear once youve found it
>>
>>161372017
>while I wait for someone to chime in on the Templar
Altmer Light armor Magicka Templar is currently ideal for DPS, literally cannot go wrong

>>161371883
>Bosmer are shit tanks

No such thing as a shit race for tanks. Tanks aren't about minmaxing, they're about management.

>>161372476
Pretty sure they drop set items relevant to the area you're in, but I just sell them in the guild store for 300g.
If you like hunting for them it can be pretty fun though.
>>
Magick or stam for Dragonknight tanking?
>>
How are nightblades for DPS now?
>>
>>161372920
>Altmer Light armor Magicka Templar is currently ideal for DPS, literally cannot go wrong
Sweet. Now I guess I'll level both and see which one I gravitate towards.

I assume Tanks are in higher demand than DPS, but also more skill-intensive?
>>
File: dog+noises.jpg (366KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
dog+noises.jpg
366KB, 843x1034px
>first Trafficker level is fucking 110 from 50 items, a 60 item boost
>according to the wiki rank two is just 10 item boost from there
>it only gets to 30 items sellable more than the First upgrade at max rank
Who the fuck designed this? they should be shot.
>>
>>161374178
Of all the design decisions in the game, this is the one you complain about.
>>
>>161374317
Oh, I complain about a lot of other shit.
I just discovered this and am newly mad about it.
>>
>>161363961
unfortunately it's asian trash, so there goes that
>>
Who /naryu/ here
>>
You don't need a sub for this game right?
>>
>>161374897
You need Xbox Live or PS+ but you don't need ESO Plus
>>
>>161360953
Be the ultimate proto hipster and play as a sapTank, tell everyone you're not like those other nightblades.
>>
>>161374545
>>
File: ESO-1_副本.jpg (162KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ESO-1_副本.jpg
162KB, 800x450px
So I want to make a stamina dragonknight. What can I do not to suck at lvl 10 PvP? Are there any ranged attacks or absorbs or something?

I only have a lvl 10 stamina nightblade and I basically get one shotted and do no damage.

How is survival on a sorcerer? I mean in questing PvE? I read that Sorcs are very squishy and don't handle solo play well.

It's either a DK or a Sorc, can't decide really. I'm kinda shit so I'd like it easy if possible.
>>
I just want to be a hardy dragonknight travelling the lands questing and waving hello to anyone who passes by

But the first 10 levels of this game suck absolute monster cock
>>
File: 1452784892984.jpg (114KB, 482x517px)
1452784892984.jpg
114KB, 482x517px
>>161375351
Sexist cis-scum.
>>
Why is it that AD has no keeps, no outposts etc but always has the most points yet at the end they lose?
>>
>>161373572
Not more skill-intensive, but if a tank fucks up, it's usually more noticeable and has bigger consequences. Like most MMOs, tanking is technically harder, though it is different. You just have more responsibilities.

Not only do you need good damage to clear things at reasonable rates, even lower level dungeons sometimes require everyone to know the mechanics, or you can wipe on bosses.

Tanks are in higher demands more so because everyone wants to be a badass killer instead of planning out defensive stats on their gear and etc.
>>
>>161373346
P-Please reply
>>
Was Divayth Fyr alive around this time?
>>
>>161373346
Stam tanking is generally easier. How often you can block (critically important), move around etc all uses Stam, and tanking skills tend to be stam based.

Magicka tanking generally requires higher level skills, gears, and better knowledge.

I've not played either but know that DK stam tanking is easier of the two as well.

With that being said, do a google search and try to find links that are not ancient should do the trick.
>>
File: Crusading the Cubicle Crucible.png (98KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Crusading the Cubicle Crucible.png
98KB, 320x240px
>>161372920
>altmer light armor magicka Templar
how is breton, comparatively? A friend hates thalmor with a passion and wants to mage.
which is good because I hate kajhit and thus we both hate AD
>>161376269
>everyone wants to be a badass killer instead of planning out defensive stats on their gear and etc.
fuck that shit I wanna tank the shit out of things and not give a fuck. What's in highest demand?
>>
>>161376549
He is alive, and he should be in the Vvardenfell upcoming zone.

I think his house has not joined the alliance, but I could be wrong on that.
>>
>>161376425
Stam
>>
Is it difficult to respec or should I just be dumping skill points into everything so I can level them all up?
>>
>>161376567
>>161376719
Thanks. What are magicka based DK's good fr then? Still learning.
>>
>>161376586
>how is breton, comparatively?
Bretons are great for all Mag builds. Generally, so long as you're playing a stam race for a stam build or mag race for mag build, you should be fine. While Altmer is technically slightly better than Breton at magic (like 1%?), it does not matter for 100% of the game. You'd only feel a difference if you compare Orc mag build with Altmer mag build.

>A friend hates thalmor with a passion and wants to mage.
You guys should definitely not do AD then. There's no reason playing a race/faction you hate for that tiny difference.

>fuck that shit I wanna tank the shit out of things and not give a fuck. What's in highest demand?
You can definitely tank the shit out of things.
Dragon Knight are the most min-max tanks, though other classes can tank as well. I personally play a Sorcerer tank which is probably the least common of the four, and it's a blast still.

The game gives you enough skill points for you to max out other skills outside of sword and board, so I recommend going with a class that you think is the coolest/most fun. They can all tank well so long as you wear heavy armor, grab the right skills etc.
>>
>>161376781
The class selection screen is super misleading. The four classes are actually four bases for you to branch out your own builds on. You can generally go Magick or Stam for each of the four classes, then you can be healer, melee dps, ranged dps, or tank with each of the four classes as well.

Magicka DKs are good for ranged dps. I'm not sure if you can go Magicka DK tanking though.

Sorcerer, for example, can be stam or magicka tanks, so maybe DKs can as well?
>>
what specs make the best use of werewolf and vampire?
>>
>>161376771
>Is it difficult to respec
No, you can respec at your faction capital temples.
You can choose to respec your morphs, stats, or all skillpoints.

>should I just be dumping skill points into everything so I can level them all up?
You can, but you might not have that many skill points early on. Just grab the ones you want and level those. ESO is pretty forgiving as far as playstyles go. You don't need to power level anything.
>>
>>161376586
>A friend hates thalmor with a passion

Has he only played Skyrim?
>>
>>161377064
Stam melee dps/tank for werewolves. You shouldn't try to tank for group content in werewolf though because you have no taunt. Personally, I use werewolf for fun while solo questing or exploring dungeons on my tank for fun. You can also melee dps in werewolf pretty well for group content.

Magicka ranged dps for vampire so you can get out of fires easier IMO.
>>
>>161376975
I see, thanks. I'm still learning, mostly just kind of wanting to try something different than what I usually play in MMO's, so either tanking or some sorta melee DPS that might be magic focused or something, idunno.
>>
>>161377129
To be fair the first High Elf you meet in Morrowind starts spouting shit about Altmer Master Race and dirty dark elves
>>
>>161377283
Honestly, the only things set in stone are race and class. You can respec at will all the rest. You can literally level up all weapon styles and what not then just respec and try out different ways to play the class.

A good versatile race that's actually really good for dragon knight is dark elf. They have passives that can go either stamina build or magicka build. So you can easily respec into the other type as you play if you wanted.
>>
>>161377476
Nord any decent for non tanking or just for the tank builds?
>>
>>161377538
Nord's good for tank and decent for stamina builds. The difference is tiny, so you can go for it if you like nords.

They are not great for magicka builds though, since none of their passives help with magicka. You can still do it for fun though, the differences are not big.
>>
>>161377623
Thanks, guess i'll flip a coin between Nord and Dunmer, or maybe redguard.
>>
>>161377129
nah, he played since morrowind (yet not that much of it for some stupid reason) and oblivion was his favorite. I think he hated how they looked quite a lot in that, then they only got worse looking and acting or something like it in skyrim.
>>161376892
>DK is most minmax tank class
can you avoid using spiked armor? I don't even like looking at that on other player characters.
But the main thing that would allow me to tank:
Which tank relies the least upon buffs, particularly with fairly short timers?
I should get an addon that shows them for me, but I'm really not great at keeping buffs/debuffs up anyway.
>>
Are magicka dks bad or are they just super rare for no reason?
>>
File: danksouls.jpg (49KB, 640x642px) Image search: [Google]
danksouls.jpg
49KB, 640x642px
when you have all the pages for abah's watch motiff set, but cant get the drop or find someone selling the missing chest page you need. Feels bad man.
>>
>>161377858
They are rare at lower levels for the same reason that magicka sorcerers are super common at lower levels.

The class selection screen suggests DKs to go heavy melee and sorcerers to go light armor magic. So most players who are interested in playing casters have no idea that you can go light armor DK.
>>
>>161377823
The spike's part of their skillset, so you should probably go with another class then.

NB feels like blood assassin tanks.
Templar feels like a paladin obviously.
Sorcerer feels like a lightning/dark knight.

Use that as your basis I suppose.
As for buffs go, none of them really do that. You can probably get away with 1 or 2 very obvious buff skills for most of the classes.
>>
>>161378273
You're gonna have to elaborate on how NB tanks, while it sounds cool, i'm not really feeling it.
I think I'll just try a DK, at the worst I'll just only play it when my friend is on and I can ignore it.
>>
>Reliable server serving corrupt data

goddamnit. Had to do some fucking trickery to even launch the launcher and start installing the game. Now its stuck at 22% and I think my installation is fucked.

What is wrong with this game.
>>
Are there any vampire builds where the bonus mobility actually outweighs getting fucked to death by the fighters guild?
>>
Hey guys, I'm rather new to the game and am rather curious what your guy's suggestions are for race. I'm probably making a female if that helps at all, thanks!
>>
Played during the beta and thought it was shit, what will change my mind now?
>>
>>161383667
Didn't care for the beta either but I honestly have to say that I've really enjoyed the exploring, aesthetics, and story. Not everyone's thing though
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-29 20.20.22.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-29 20.20.22.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>random daily dungeon at level 30
>it finally happens

I'd always heard the stories
>>
>>161383929
Why are you not naked?
>>
>make new character
>first nightstand has epic motif
nice
>>
>>161379041
>getting fucked to death by the fighters guild
shit, explain?
I made a dunmer based off my old D&D character who became undead, wanted to be a vamp for a while for fun rather than the shitty "it's better" reason people have, what does the fighters guild do?
>>
>>161383321
these are the min/max race + class combos for pve dps

altmer mag sorc

redguard/khajiit stam sorc

dunmer mag dk

redguard/khajiit stam dk

altmer mag templar

redguard/khajiit stam templar

altmer/dunmer mag nb

redguard/khajiit stam nb

pick any of these if you want top performance, but you can choose any other race + class combo and do perfectly fine
>>
>>161383929
t b h /tesog/ we sould do this, but instead of being completely naked, we wear the maw set. should make pledge runs more interesting
>>
I really want to play this game but i just cant be fucking bothered to level

Hep
>>
>>161384627
You can do any of the content at any level. Just play the game and have a bit of fun without leveling being the main concern!
>>
>>161384537
Thanks but what is min/max cute race+class combo?
>>
>>161379041
gank builds, where the whole principle of it is that you don't get hit. But I run vamp on all my mag characters, and it's not that bad. mobility is just one benefit, the most important one in my opinion is Undeath and to a lesser extent Supernatural Recovery. And Mist Form is godly on something like a magplar or magdk, which lack a good escape skill. less useful on magsorc and magblade, which already got good abilities for that. although I still sometimes use it on a magblade.

>>161384359
fighters guild abilities deal 20% more damage against daedra, werewolves and undead. mostly it's not a huge problem, as not that many players run shit like Silver Bolts. but a lot of players run dawnbreaker, one of the most powerful ults in the game. being hit by a 20% more powerful dawnbreaker won't be the highlight of your day, trust me

however, that alone shouldn't discourage you from being a vamp. their passives are useful and have their place in certain builds. and if you're good, you won't get hit by dawnbreaker that often.
>>
>>161384627
there's plenty of shit to do that you don't need high level for. and chances are that by the time you're nearing the end of that content, you'll have leveled up plenty
>>
Is there a site that has good builds listed? That is current?
>>
File: Seras Smile.png (204KB, 410x288px) Image search: [Google]
Seras Smile.png
204KB, 410x288px
>>161384748
oh, it's strictly PVP?
good to know. this character will probably never do pvp.
I thought the guild itself would fuck you to death if you entered the building, you couldn't get any more quests from them.
I should consider getting dawnbreaker though, undead and their resists are a problem for me.

Thanks a bunch for the info!
>>
>>161384896
tamriel foundry forums is a good place. other than that there are streamer sites, or YT channels with builds if you're curious

alcasthq com has arguably the best min/maxer PvE builds, which are a result of the collective research of one of the best, if not the best raiding guild in the world. some decent PvP builds too.
>>
>>161384973
thanks mate
>>
>>161384740
female bosmer anything
>>
File: life has many doors ed boy 3.jpg (54KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
life has many doors ed boy 3.jpg
54KB, 500x575px
I have vanilla on my cart.

Two questions since I already read the levels scale to you so I can go wherever I want.

Can I do dungeons/raids solo? Like, they scale down to one player.

Are there flying mounts?
>>
does magicka dk get fun or is it just flailing my retarded little flame whip around forever?
>>
>>161385681
you can do some dungeons solo, if you're good enough. pretty much normal mode of every dungeon can be soloed by a competent player. but they are designed for groups of 4 and don't scale down. can't do trials solo. no flying mounts
>>
should I be investing in crafting professions early or should I just dismantle all my gear and sell the materials?
>>
>>161386212
only investment early on should be researching traits, because that shit takes literally months to max. you won't have enough skill points for everything. research traits/decon gear, keep the mats, maybe to crafting writs. also, I recommend NOT refining raw materials, until you have leveled up your crafting and maxed extraction passives. if you wait and refine everything when those passives are maxed, you'll probably make a whole lot of money. depending on how much raw mates you've saved up and how lucky you get.

reason for this is because raw materials of any level, when being refined, have a chance to give you a gold temper. these gold mats are used to upgrade gear to legendary, or can be sold for decent cash. tempering alloys go for ~11k each, drough wax for ~8k rosin for ~4k. you likely won't get any of them without those passives.
>>
>>161367685
>If a guard kills you do the take away all your gold?
They take away the gold equivalent to your bounty if they kill you. (there is no "paying with your blood")

>Is there any way in game to lose all gold?
If your bounty is high enough and a guard defeats you, yes.
>>
I just got off the island. Should I start doing the thieves guild shit immediately for money or do I need some skill points for it first?
>>
>>161386998
you can do it immediately but skill points in legerdemain or medium armor stealth helps a little
>>
File: Talosrules.jpg (81KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
Talosrules.jpg
81KB, 1024x575px
>>161278885
Can someone give me a rundown of factions on PC EU? I'm mean in terms of community?

I started in AD and true I didn't get far because only level 9 and still on Auridon but I noticed people are very politically correct there. A group was talking in zone how awesome the AD queen is a "fantastic strong woman, we need more of such in games" then they talked how they liked how the storyline fights against racism and such, then when some Russians started spamming the chat I asked them to speak in English, very politely and then a whole load of English speaking people jumped on me that I'm a racist, to respect their culture and language and over all started whiteknighting.

Is only AD like that? Or that was a isolated incident? Because fuck that cancerous people.

Should I go EP or DC? Is it better there? Help.
>>
>>161278885
How can you play this? It's so clunky, ugly and imbalanced. I wanted to enjoy it but I really couldn't.
>>
>>161384592
But then I would have to roll for a nice shoulder :^(
>>
>>161387498
This isn't Black Desert Online general
>>
>>161387695
They're pretty similar actually, aren't they? ESO is far uglier though.
>>
>>161387498
>How can you play this?
do you really mean "how can you like something that I don't like?" the answer is largely subjectivity. applies to most everything in life, so write it down somewhere
>>
>>161387742
I just don't understand. It seems to have nothing at all going for it. What keeps you playing? I'm just interested.
>>
>>161387430
zone chat is shared by all factions, just so you know

but I play on DC and sometimes EP and haven't encountered anything like that. then again, I've also not encountered anything like that while playing AD, so don't know what to tell you
>>
>>161387430
>play furry faggot faction
>doesn't think it'll be infested with LGBTQGSMDSG+
you done goofed
>>
>>161387795
>What keeps you playing?
Amazing combat, great graphics, good story, fun and challenging PvE content, PvP it's unbalanced, sure, but still fun if you aren't burned out and not totally shit at it, the fact that this is the best western MMO for me, and I've played them all.

asian MMOs can all be deleted from existence for all I care
>>
>dont want to make a night blade
>doing thieves guild and dark brotherhood on a non stealth based character feels wrong

Why did they have to release these things so close to eachother
>>
>>161387730
>ESO is far uglier though.
Nah, better than the generic look all asian MMOs have.

>>161387897 got it right.
>>
my friend wants to go daggerfall covenant. Im thinking of going redguard. Male or female?
>>
File: Imperial_Greeting.jpg (393KB, 2000x1161px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Greeting.jpg
393KB, 2000x1161px
>>161278885
Are Redguards that much better at being stamina Dragonknights than Imperials?

Is buying the Imperial upgrade worth it?

I'm not sure I want to play a black guy.

Best alliance lore wise for a Imperial would be DC, no?

Or should I just fuck it and go Redguard since its the best stamina class? Would my dps or effectiveness in PvP decrease heavily if I go Imperial?
>>
>>161389201
redguards split the atom with a sword. Go redguard
>>
>>161389201
If you choose imperial over redguard for a stamina DPS you'll miss out on reguards base stamina, stamina regen and stamina regen on hit for 3% of your max stamina. Which is a great passive.

If you have 30000 stamina, you recover 1000 with each it. That is something very valuable for a stamina dps.
>>
does it take an hour to get groups for dungeons if im not a tank or healer?
>>
>>161389512
sometimes you'll wait for a long while, sometimes you'll instantly find a group but yeah if you are a tank or a healer it is much easier to find a group.
>>
File: what.jpg (442KB, 1917x855px)
what.jpg
442KB, 1917x855px
this fucking loading screen. Am i the only one who sees it
>>
>>161389842
tell me or ill go insane trying to look for whatever the fuck you're seeing
>>
>>161389842
the people look small?
>>
>>161389434
>redguard base stamina
?
>>
>>161390576
>>161390664
this
>>
>>161374545
I want to nibble on her epaulettes.
>>
wait so i can be a dunmer in the daggerfall covenant?
>>
>>161391375
ye
>>
>>161389340
>>161389434
Yeah you are right, I'll go Redguard seems the best option. Good thing I can whitewash Redguards in ESO so I'll only play a shitskin not a nigger.
>>
>>161280835
I made a dark blade and use siphoning skills
>>
So people say TBS is the best stam dps set, but is that true ALL THE TIME? I've read around the web that the set is really strong in situations where you have a party keeping aggressive warhorn all the time, and this doesn't happen outside of trials
So I was thinking if for small scale PvE stuff, like solo content and dungeons, it would be better to bring a different set?
>>
>>161370304
Jesus christ on a mount calm yourself. Don't get so fucking triggered over a fucking fictional videogame storyline. You're sounding worse than the SJWs.

Do people actually, genuinely, sincerely go into politics and shit on eachother like manchildren over factions/races in this game? Genuine question. Will people actually bug your ass off/refuse to dungeon with you or something if you're not an Imperial or Nord or something in this game?
>>
>>161377064
Dunmer is best for vampire in terms of fire resistance, bosmer for werewolf
>>
File: IMG_kse69e.jpg (10KB, 210x201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_kse69e.jpg
10KB, 210x201px
>politics in vidya
God fucking damn it, just when I fucking thought I fucking could fucking get fucking away from it fucking all.
>>
File: 123754789.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px)
123754789.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
Stam Dragonknight or Stam Nightblade for PvP?

I mean real PvP not ganking and hoping for the best.
>>
>>161394870
Yes, some people do. It's lore after all and that's one of the best aspects of any TES game. Its fun.
>>
>>161395595
Dragonknight
>>
Who here has 120 torchbug thorax' on PC NA?
>>
Recommend me a good area damage build. I feel like becoming a skeleton and nuke everything around me. Should I go Dragon Knight or Sorcerer for that? I had a melee stamina DK last year and now I want to try something different
>>
>>161394480
it's like a 1-2% difference so yeah if you've got the money to go out and full gold some 5pc for something you'll use like 3% of the time, then sure go for it.
>>
>>161396682
stam sorc for stam area, magdk for mag area both are pretty fun.
>>
File: 1370172691344.png (26KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1370172691344.png
26KB, 750x750px
>>161397616
>golding armour
>>
>trying to think of a name
>logged out due to inactivity
help
>>
File: neanderthal_woman-4x3.jpg (588KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
neanderthal_woman-4x3.jpg
588KB, 1200x800px
>>161398975
>character looks like a neanderthal
>skinny
>no tits
>no ass
>no muscles

Fix your shit anon.
>>
>>161398975
finnish as fuck
>>
just got into the game
is crafting worth it if you want high end sets? whenever I watch build guides it seems that most of the sets used are found.
Can the craftable set bonusses beat that or hold up?
I really hope so, love crafting in teso
>>
>>161399565
sounds like i need to go to finland
>>
>>161389842
Huh I never noticed that before.
>>
Where is the best place to steal shit for money as a new player?
>>
>>161400717
stealing from stalls is cool
Armorer stalls usually are lined with tons of weapons so it's cool if you want some money
Although if you're a new player and low level money isn't much of a concern since you won't be spending it in anything besides armour repairs
>>
>>161400717
If you're in the Dominion, Vulkel Guard's bank is easy pickings from several dressers, sacks, and crates, all rife with 40- to 100-gold miscellaneous goods, as well as recipes, clothes, etc. They all respawn when you log out as well, then the fence is just across the lawn.
>>
>>161397616
It's not worth golding armor unless you're literally swimming in it.

>>161394480
TBS is not the greatest stam dps set. It has 2 irrelevant set bonuses (hp and magicka) and is only the greatest by a small margin IF you have war horns up all the time, which is not happening unless you are in a top tier trial guild.

Night Mother's Gaze has higher DPS than Hundings but your Rally and Vigor will heal for less.

Hundings is still imo the best general stam dps armor.
>>
So stamina night blade is the king of fun in pvp?
>>
File: 1457557274511.jpg (639KB, 1200x833px)
1457557274511.jpg
639KB, 1200x833px
>Tfw just bought this for £5
Right cunts, what's the best spellsword/battlemage class, is it still Dark Elf/Breton? I haven't played a TES game since Oblivion GOTY Ediiton on 360. I'm aware it's a tad different to the standard games. I ideally wanna spawn in mobs while mashing attack with a buffed weapon, very similair to OG spellsword.
>>
>>161401813
Is divines still the absolute trait even if you only have one mundus stone on you?
Also, I have 5 pieces of twice-fanged serpent, wouldn't that beat NMG?
>>
Where can I find viable builds for endgame content? ESOacademy is a cluster fuck.
>>
>>161402338
Yeah I guess I was looking at the crafted sets, it's a common question hundings vs NMG vs TBS.

I guess twice fanged is about 1% better than NMG (seeing as 650 armor is about equal to 1%). But NMG buffs your team's stamina DPS as well because it's armor reduction. So they're slightly different, I wouldn't say one is better than the other.
>>
>>161403234
And divines thief is always the best for dps, I have yet to see anyone say otherwise.
>>
>>161401813
>hp irrelevant
>going under 16-17k mean getting one shotted
your dps is 0 if your fucking dead, mate.
Also Leviathan is top stam dps set if you going full damage.
>>
>>161403234
Twice fanged grants almost double the penetration of NMG though
>>
>>161401979
bombing 20 people >>> ganking a lone nerd in the middle of nowhere
>>
Where are the cliff racers?
>>
>>161405732
Stonefalls.
>>
File: eso characters.png (3MB, 2196x548px)
eso characters.png
3MB, 2196x548px
>>161398975
you're strange
>>
How do I Pvp when all the campaigns say they are done?
>>
>>161406029
>that fucking piece of plastic stapled to her head
Are you a woman? I swear only estrogrenfags could ever find that shit cosmetically appealing
>>
>>161402572
Are you at end game levels?
>>
>>161402572
See
>>161384973
>>
Does khajits stealth radius passive make it easier to steal shit or is it mostly a pvp passive?
>>
So if I wanted to play a warrior, a KANG stam DK would be the closest?

and a typical rogue/thief character would be a KANG stam nb?

would it impact much if i want woodnigger stam nb or orc stam dk?

how are aimed attacks in regards to bow skills? do you 420 dopescope people with free aim or is it targeted, shoots in front of you so you just have to align on the x/y plane or what
>>
>>161406763
It affects npc stealth detection too
>>
File: Cat is disturbed by you.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cat is disturbed by you.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>161406568
>estrogenfags
What a cringeworthy insult. There's dozens of insulting words for women across hundreds of culture and you went with this instead.
>>
>>161406868
Dont know wtf is KANG, so cant answer. But aiming works as you'd expect of an MMO. You aim and it hits what you are aiming at. There are no headshots, so you dont have to be accurate, just aim at the guy and that guy will get hit.
>>
>>161407104
kang = redguard

how important is race in regards to what you play?

if I understand correctly going stam = melee or bow, while DK would be a warrior while NB would be a rogue?
>>
>>161407193
Race isnt irrelevant, but how important it is depends on how hardcore about min/maxing you are willing to get. Redguard is the best stamina sustain class. Correct on stamdk/nb.
>>
>>161406868
Either redguard or bosmer is fine for stam, redguards are slightly better because they have stamina regen and so can spam abilities a lot easier.

stam/DK would be warrior-ish, and stam NB is pretty your your typical rogue. Orcs also make fine stam DKs, especially if you ever plan on tanking.

>aimed skills

It's a pseudo free aim. You can aim where-ever, but there's a slight bit of auto-aim to it if your aim is near something you can shoot. If your cursor is kinda near your target it'll correct the aim and shoot them instead of the air five inches to the left where you actually aimed.
>>
>>161407319
can you be a dps and a tank in the same character? how does that work
>>
File: Tovisa_02.jpg (265KB, 773x773px) Image search: [Google]
Tovisa_02.jpg
265KB, 773x773px
Fuck, this quest got dark real quick.

Amazing voice acting. I need to find out what other voices she's done in other things.
>>
>>161407515
yeah, that came out of nowhere. fucking hagravens.
>>
>>161407413
stam dps transitions to tank very easily
it's literally as simple as switching armour
>>
>>161407413
Sorta. If you pick up all the skills and gear you could swap them out when you want to change roles, but that'd also mean resetting your champion points as well (a post-50 leveling system that gives stat boosts - obvs a tank wants tank stats there and not DPS ones).

So it's doable but a hassle.
>>
>>161407681
If I wanted to play a warrior, what DK skills should I take? the ardent flame?

i still dont understand how abilities work, you get one racial, one DK, a few weapon skills?

you only get a set amount like in GW1 or is it unlimited like traditional western MMOs
>>
>>161407413
You can primarily tank and have dps as a fun leveling set or easy dungeon set. You have enough skill points to level up dual wielding, for example, along with sword and board. You can even grab enough points to level up medium armor for dps along with your heavy armor skills.

>>161407193
Not necessarily. DK can be build to be Mage or tank and melee dps. Same with NB.

Technically the best tank class is DK stamina, but other tanks are viable.

Fun fact, best roguish melee dps right now is actually stamina sorcerer for example.
>>
>>161407741
That's more like it! Stick to the classics anon, creativity isn't your strong suite.
>>
File: 1430016445969.gif (2MB, 320x180px)
1430016445969.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>161407515
>>161407605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaUyEVvuzwQ
>>
File: InstantRegret.jpg (4KB, 269x36px) Image search: [Google]
InstantRegret.jpg
4KB, 269x36px
What have you done with me /tesog/...
>>
>>161404854
I didn't read the tooltip. Yeah Twice Fanged is better.

>>161403812
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/59y9t0/dicussion_more_medium_armor_sets_testing_hundings/
Armor penetration is king, not crit. Leviathan's no good.
>>
whats the best class to go with a bow?
>>
>finally install
>make account
>shoots me into a cutscene
>skip cutscene
>sit at loading screen
>kicked for inactivity

my cpu is at 100% curing the loading screen, it's been over 10 minutes

what in the literal fuck is it trying to load, done this 3 times and each time its the same thing, it loads until it kicks me for inactivity

unable to play, whats the fix?
>>
>>161406568
>>161406971
I thought anon was referring to mtf trannies at first with that insult, kek
>>
>>161404996
What class does the bombing?
>>
>>161410501
Magicka NB. Don't ask me how as I've never played it and I'm not that anon, but I know that mag NB's niche role in PvP currently is zerg bombing.
>>
Do any of the trees in Valenwood move?
>>
I can't decide what to play. What's more fun for a first playthrough?

A Mag or Sta Sorc a Sta DK or a Mag/Sta Templar?

Are Sta Sorcs fun and easy to level?
Should I go Redguard or Orc? Or maybe Imperial? Are Sta Sorcs good to solo content? Do they use medium armor?

I'm leaning towards either Sta DK or a Sta Sorcerer.

I like to PvP a lot though but it will be my first character.
>>
Is this the first TES game with actual homosexual or bisexual NPCs? Dick biting hermaphrodites don't count.
>>
>>161410501
>>161410696
Yep. Magicka NB.
Never used one either but the ten seconds of silence as your whole group stares at the death recap of a Soul Tether > Proxy Detonation > Vicious Death explosion is the unmistakable effect of one mans infinite joy
>>
>>161411229
No, Rahjin stole the one that does.

>>161411678
Perhaps the one with the first serious ones. Crassius Curio was >implied to be, but he was also a creepy old man being played for laughs.
>>
So you can respec, change race, and change appearance, but can you change your class?

>>161411374
I'm currently playing a MagTemp and it's good fun.

StamSorc sounds fun for the weapon variety, and Bows, DW and 2H are all pretty fun so you really can't go wrong.
>>
>>161411984
No, class and faction are the only things you can't change.
>>
>>161412175
Bummer.
>>
>>161278885

Is it worth it to start the game as a newcomer? I bought it once but the game was just too boring, nobody ever wanted to group and the pvp was just meh-tier?

Oh and I found it rather stupid that everybody could play as any race that they wanted, what's the point of the factions anymore?
>>
>>161412386
I'm kinda new here but is this bait?

>Is it worth it to start the game as a newcomer?
As opposed to starting as a seasoned vet?

>Oh and I found it rather stupid that everybody could play as any race that they wanted, what's the point of the factions anymore?
>someone of a particular race was never born in an atypical region, into an atypical affiliation
>>
>>161412386
Depends on what you want to do and what bored you anon. I don't like the PvP but I can't speak for you, people group when it's advantageous to do so (like fighting world bosses or sharing daily quests) but no one is going to group with random strangers for normal questing. Though if you really want to wander with strangers badly you can visit Craglorn which is basically an entire zone of group content.

>what's the point of factions
PvP is still locked to faction. Unless you buy the bullshit that lets you make any race in any alliance a redguard will still be on DC, dunmer on EP, etc.
>>
>>161412535

No seriously, are there maybe any tips to make pvp more interesting? Or is there something special for grouping up in this game? Because no matter where I went everybody just wanted to play alone. I even got insulted once, just because I asked a guy to do some quest with me.

Oh and I think at the start it was rather clear that the races themselves were at war with each other. It was unthinkable that an Argonian would be able to fight with a Breton. Because of the different factions.

Personally I don't get why they changed that? I think limits like these made those 3 factions unique and gave them all something special.
>>
>>161412721

But why give the option anyway? Its just retarded when I see some Argonian out of random and he is on my side all of the sudden.
>>
>>161412870
>It was unthinkable that an Argonian would be able to fight with a Breton. Because of the different factions.
Except for the fact that every zone features bunches of different races, including the ones from opposite alliances. There's even a questline in one of the Valenwood zones dealing with some Argonians who decided "nah, I'm not teaming up with the dunmer who enslaved me" and decided to chill with the bosmer instead.
>>
>>161413083

So? Those were just a hand full probably, no reason to go so far and offer something like that to players.

>>161412721

Okay sounds, really boring... why play a MMO if you just play alone anyway? Might as well just play skyrim.
>>
File: ARRRRR.png (127KB, 341x200px)
ARRRRR.png
127KB, 341x200px
so I'm 18 now and have never done dungeons because I just screw around in this game like it's any other ES game. are you expected/is it optimal to dump all your points in health if you're tanking? all the guides* I've seen have said to go full stamina or full magicka.

I don't really care if people bitch at me if full magicka is viable, but I would rather not go in and be a paper doll if it isn't.

*all of the guides I've seen have also been absolute shit. I found some decent tips here or there but it just seems to be a dickwaving contest about what build is the best flavor of the month, which is probably par for the course with this level of customization

>>161412386
Might as well give it another shot. After considering it for a really long time, I tried it on free weekend and ended up buying gold edition mostly because I wanted the thieves guild dlc.

I still cannot decide if I like the game enough to play it seriously (and I don't even know what that entails). Leaning towards no. I'm not really in love with the combat but it might just be my class (mag templar). On the other hand I've spent a lot of time on my character even if my level doesn't show it so I'm not eager to reroll either.
>>
File: Khajiit Laughatyou.jpg (104KB, 514x524px) Image search: [Google]
Khajiit Laughatyou.jpg
104KB, 514x524px
>>161413262
>entire village
>a handful
>mfw
Race isn't some elemental alignment or something. There's plenty of room for people to decide that they'd rather fight for a different alliance. For example the EP only has Eastern Skyrim, a western Nord from Makarth or Solitude might decide to throw his lot in with DC, an alliance of Men (and some orcs, I guess) rather than elves and lizards. It's an RP choice.

>why play alone
There's a difference between playing alone and not playing with strangers anon. I only really group with my friends/guildmates. The only time I'm in a group with random strangers is in pub dungeons or to get quests shared for world bosses.
>>
>99% installed
>Reliable server serving corrupt data
>Try to repair
>Have to download whole game again

what the fuck
>>
>>161413579
>re you expected/is it optimal to dump all your points in health if you're tanking?
All you're really expected to do is your job (stay alive, keep taunt), I've started doing pledges on my tank and I've done a few veterans on the easier dungeons and I have 40mag 24health, literally wearing green gear and EZmode sets (5plague doctor 2pirate skeleton 5 'of the sun', all with shitty mismitched traits) tanking is definitely the easiest job of all in a non-experienced setting because a shitty healer or DPS bring the team down a shitload more
>>
>>161414165
Never ever click ' ' repair ' ' the launcher, if your shit freezes just close and reopen and as soon as that fucker finishes never touch it again until update day
>>
>>161413954

As I said I never got that far so it was just an assumption that they're only a handful based on that how you said it.

But even if there are whole villages I wouldn't o so far and give regular players such an option. Those Nords you mentioned are probably just a minority, based on the rest of the faction. I kinda get it that it makes them unique in their own right, to be part of that particular faction but I'd also say they are "just something on the side."

Not to be taken fully serious, since they simply are no major party in the current war. Well and you usually have explanations why some races fight for a certain faction or that they fight in that particular faction because they want to fight another race and so on.

So no, I'd say its still stupid and those people who really can't live without something so minor are really just childish. So you are a bit limited so what? Its reasonable. No reason to complain.

Friends/Guildmates like in Real life friends or what? MMO's are supposed to be a way to get to know other players and I mean you all have a common goal more or less, so I really don't see why some people are afraid of "Strangers" in a videogame.
>>
>>161414543
how the fuck do I fix the corrupt data shit then? Either way I guess im stuck for the next 12 hours downloading it all over again. Fuck this game. If it doesn't work this time im giving up on trying to play.
>>
>>161414306
>a shitty healer or DPS bring the team down a shitload more
oh good, not only are DPS apparently overpopulating this game they carry more weight on their shoulders than they do in xiv

well thanks for the info regardless
>>
Can anyone explain why some people want the rattlecage set?

All I can think of it's there's a bug that makes the 5 piece stack with another major sorcery.
>>
So I just got a purple unidentified weapon from the dark brotherhood.

I'm level 9, should I save the unboxing until I'm higher or do it now?
>>
>>161414998
358 spell damage and don't have to do anything to get major sorcery

Health and heavy armor for PvP
>>
>>161414646
>Those Nords you mentioned are probably just a minority,
So why not allow the players to play that minority? Or even just random unaffliated strangers. I don't know if you ever made a non-EP character but if you did you might have wandered into the Fighter's Guild on Auridon or in Daggerfall and noticed that the guildmaster is an Argonian. There's neutral parties like that, the FG is just interested in fighting Daedra, the Mages Guild in doing mage shit, there's plenty of room for players to be what they want - you know, like a TES game.

The actual number of players you see actually fighting for a faction that isn't their race's faction is small, a minority, because you have to pay shekels for that. Sure anyone can go to any zone and do quests there but most of those quests make sense for anyone, especially any neutral party. I don't have to give two tugs of a dead dog's dick about the Aldmeri Dominion to look at an Anchor slammed down in the middle of a village in Grahtwood and decide "Oh, I should stop that invasion of the mortal realm by fucking demons."

>who really can't live without something so minor are really just childish.
I'd say it's more childish to complain that people can do what they want because you don't like it, t b h.

>Friends/Guildmates like in Real life friends or what?
Yes. Because I like to play with my friends and not some random schmucks. Occasionally a meet new folks but that's typically through guilds, where there's usually some level of filtering (we share the same guild, after all, our interests have to be somewhat aligned), rather than some rando.

>some people are afraid of "Strangers" in a videogame.
You're mistaking being afraid of strangers with simply not wanting to deal with them. Why would I run off with some random shithead instead of my friends?
>>
>>161415068
pls respond, I wanna know if the unidentified gear scales with the level at which you open them at.
>>
i was trying to give away some purple ring but it wouldnt show up when i tried to trade it or CoD it, does anyone know why? im level 30 something if it matters
>>
can we see vivec in this?
>>
>>161416658
does it say "Bound" on it? You can't trade/sell bound items.
>>
>>161416658
bound
>>
>>161417104
oh yeah right im retarded, thanks
>>
>>161416967
no, only Almalexia. but I get the feeling we'll see more of the whole Tribunal in Vvardenfell dlc
>>
>accidently researched something that will take 8 days to finish
>>
File: smirking pepe.png (15KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
smirking pepe.png
15KB, 477x539px
>>161417751
It's not like you don't have friends and a job to fill the time though, right?
>>
>>161415257
Julianos would be much better for PvE... so I guess it's solely a PvP thing?
>>
>>161416384
Yes it does. No one cares about sithis set though so might as well open it rather than have it clog up inventory.
>>
1 molag kena + 1 kragh or 2 kragh?
>>
>>161408610
true, I guess the original post was about solo pve content so spriggans/nmg would be good but even at that you'll always be running it with 3/5pc VO
>>
>>161420293
I use them both so I dunno
>>
Crown Crates coming this Thursday:
>Whenever you purchase a Crown Crate, you will always be awarded four items, with the chance to get a fifth item. In the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own from your Crown Crate, you'll be awarded a new resource - Crown Gems - in its place. This Season will give you the chance to acquire the following themed items:
>Storm Atronach Bear, Storm Atronach Camel & Storm Atronach Guar
>Storm Atronach Horse, Storm Atronach Senche & Storm Atronach Wolf
>Storm Atronach Aura, Storm Atronach Transform & Storm Orb Juggle
>You can purchase a single Crown Crate for 400 crowns. We'll also offer Crown Crate bundles, where you can get four Crates for 1500 crowns, or 15 Crates for 5000 crowns.
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/29/eso-welcomes-crown-crates
>>
>>161422752
I mean, if you use both it means you're not using a monster set + willpower... I just don't see rattlecage being even close to usable in PvE
>>
>>161421440
>>161404854
Hey to the anon who uses twice fanged, does it proc off dots? Like, the armor pen stacking is basically up eternally?

Or only the initial damage of dots?

I'm just trying to figure out why it's not meta.
>>
I see people saying that for a tank you should wear 2 pieces of medium armor to get the stamina regen, but wouldn't it make more sense just to play a Redguard and invest in their passives and wear full heavy instead?

Also, how much of the pre-OT advice I'm reading is actually applicable still? That's pretty much all that's out there when I google anything.
>>
>>161423008
Any pictures of those things? I can imagine what the transform is like (probably literally just an atronach polymorph) but I'm curious what the aura or mounts are like.

I'm going to goy the hell out if this is a way to get costumes that have been removed from the store. I want my fucking mages guild robes.
>>
>>161423439
Yea, it goes off all of a DoT's ticks
I'm guessing it's not meta because in a organized pve setting people already stack a ton of armor penetration debuffs so this much penetration is useless?
>>
>>161423292
3 jewellery + 2 swords / resto rattlecage
5 julianos
2 monster
Maybe I'd swap my gear around if I had access to spellpower cure but then again I don't much care for minmax as I only ever do PUG dungeons where people often aren't using 'what they should be using'
>>
File: stormguar.jpg (694KB, 1488x825px) Image search: [Google]
stormguar.jpg
694KB, 1488x825px
>>161424006
Yep, pictures of everything are in the link
>>
Can you mix types of armor or is that just retarded?
Also is putting points into health worth it?
Sometimes I wonder how it'd be like to have the healthiest health ever. Be a giganiga rock hard standing there, pissing people off because I can't go down and I'm the equivalent of fighting a wall, arms crossed, I sure do no damage, but sure as hell don't take any either.
I wonder if I can become the healthiest health player to ever health.
I am also pretty high.

>>161423008
Oh man, here we go...

Storm attonach stuff tho... Mm, think I'll save my crowns for later.

What is "this season"? do they mean like IRL seasons (summer, winter, etc) or what?
>>
>>161417751
>>161419873
How does researching work? Does it keep going when you aren't playing like EVE or do you have to actually be playing that specific character every fucking minute?
>>
>>161424157
I mean, it blows the hell out of spriggans and NMG. Well NMG does help your team so it's not totally outclassed.

I asked a trials guy, he said in a properly set up trial everything will have 0 armor anyway so that's why it isn't used in trials.
>>
File: stop.jpg (20KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
20KB, 283x283px
>Some fuckers doing some wordy ERP in Riften using emote chat(Purple text?)
>>
>>161424183
Nah, I didn't mean to say it's unusable, it's definitely usable but I'd still prefer julianos + willpower/minor slayer + monster + random sharp inferno staff.

Duo swords are iffy for me because of how it messes with animation cancelling. A lot of dps is lost if you aren't force shock/light attacking. I'm sure the meta right now is duo inferno sharp staves.
>>
>>161425616
People like that are why I'm afraid to be social in these things.
>>
File: ERP1.jpg (65KB, 589x271px) Image search: [Google]
ERP1.jpg
65KB, 589x271px
>>161425616
Screenshot it for posterity's sake. Here, I'll post mine.
>>
File: ERP2.jpg (51KB, 577x265px) Image search: [Google]
ERP2.jpg
51KB, 577x265px
>>161426162
>>
>>161424578
It keeps going while you're offline, like EVE.
>>
>>161426162
>>161426880
...why, Anon?
Why?

I was just warming up to that game.
>>
>>161425783
Yeah well I think the answer you were looking for originally was that the people who use it are lazy as fuck like me or they just plain don't know what's better.

I absolutely loathe having abilities on my bar that give me buffs I have a set of gold Treasure Hunter
I enchanted both my swords with power glyphs because swinging twice to proc the right sword was too much efffort (I would barely light weave at all if they didn't have those glyphs)
I have magelight slotted instead of the Templar ability I should be using because the duration is too much effort to keep track of
Hell I've slotted Combat Prayer about 5 times in the past 400 dungeons, this is one thing I will defend aggressively though because anyone who gets his team in the buff line more than 70% of the time has absolutely not had the full PUG experience complete with 2 long-range kiting DPS bowmen and a werewolf tank

But the real scary thing about all that is I still put out more damage than the average DPS I play with

PvP is a different story though, I play long range (really fucking long range with the 10 Assault attack range passive and a propelling shield) and not having to throw an offensive buff like entropy or the templar one helps me tremendously with nuking
>>
Should I be wearing 5/1/1?
I tried it before but it didn't seem to raise my magicka past 40k (the pieces weren't enchanted though)

Dark Elf Magplar healer and about to gold my shit
>>
File: 20161129181942_1.jpg (783KB, 1920x1080px)
20161129181942_1.jpg
783KB, 1920x1080px
Why does this tree have an ass?
>>
>>161428178
Jealous much?
>>
>>161428167

Do you have the "Undaunted Mettle' passive?
>>
>>161428379
Yes, maxed.
>>
>>161425616
Worse than ERP is ERPing like 12 year olds who just learnt english and how babies are made.
>>
>>161426880
Why do more than half of these degenerates type in a retarded southern-esque accent? People saying "hun" practically triggers me now.
>>
>>161428804
I really don't care if people ERP in private, but when people do risque shit or ERP in public it's obnoxious and attention whorey as it gets
>>
File: 1420016980685.gif (2MB, 330x275px)
1420016980685.gif
2MB, 330x275px
>>161412386
I am a returning player and One Tamriel changed everything for me, being able to do almost anything you want at any level is massive
>>
File: 1396634692337.gif (2MB, 300x214px) Image search: [Google]
1396634692337.gif
2MB, 300x214px
>>161428408
>>161428379
>>161428167
Ok so I went ahead and tested it again and the fucking passive doesn't stick when I equip the gear, it shows the increase to all stats but the moment I equip it everything remains the same.
I cast a spell and my HUD still shows the unbuffed amount of resources

What the fuck
>>
>>161428167
The magicka enchants ought to bring you near the 40k mark, some food with magicka and health increase would be literally perfect too.
>>
Hey guys, I've owned this game for ages but I quit the instant I found out Morrowind wasn't actually in the game.

Did they fucking add Morrowind yet? All I want to do is explore Morrowind. Thinking of coming back.
>>
>>161430956
You can come very close, but no Vvardenfell yet.
>>
>>161430956
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Not yet. I believe it's going to be the next place added. But I could well be talking out my ass.
>>
>>161430956
2 zones are in Morrowind
>>
>>161431161
>I believe it's going to be the next place added.
Didn't Red Mountain erupt and literally sink Vvardenfell into the ocean?
>>
>>161430956
There IS morrowind you fucking faggot, in fact we got parts that were unseen before ESO, Vvanderfell might be added as a DLC soon as per some data mining done months ago.

>>161431361
Are you from the future?
>>
>>161431361
wrong era
>>
>>161431361
http://www.ign.com/wikis/elder-scrolls-online/Elder_Scrolls_Timeline
>>
>>161408167
It's ok, I bit the bullet too last sale.

First microtransactions I've every bought into.
>>
File: 123654565.png (7KB, 221x37px)
123654565.png
7KB, 221x37px
>>161430956

Morrowind the game or the province?
>>
>>161431435
>There IS morrowind you fucking faggot
People use Morrowind for Vvardenfell all the time anon.

>Are you from the future?
>>161431443
>wrong era
It was my understanding that before the events of Skyrim they wrote in that Red Mountin erupted and Vvardy sank (basically as a 'fuck you' to Morrowind fanboys). It was also mu understanding that ESO takes place after Skyim, meaning after Vvardy's sinking.

Guess I was misinformed.
>>
>>161431678
He's obviously talking about the province considering this is the eso thread
>>
>>161431757
Then he's obviously retarded and couldn't look at the map for 2 seconds.
>>
>>161431724
this game takes place before any of the elder scrolls games
>>
>>161431946
Wait, what? First I heard it was in concert with Skyrim, then I heard it was immediately after.

Why the hell are there Thalmor and shit?
>>
>>161431638
Still haven't decided what to buy though.
Imperial and Adventurer Pack maybe?
>>
>>161432063
aldmeri dominion

the first one, in the second era
>>
>>161432351
Man I gotta catch up on my ES lore.
>>
>>161432063
Thalmor are somewhat of a political party in Summerset Isle. I do not know if they exist at this point. This game takes place almost 1000 years before Skyrim.
>>
File: 1392807687437.jpg (32KB, 530x298px)
1392807687437.jpg
32KB, 530x298px
>>161432428
Who's the fucking faggot now, fucking faggot?
>>
>>161432428
ESO is around 1000 years before Skyrim
>>
File: laughing jap.gif (2MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
laughing jap.gif
2MB, 245x180px
>>161433124
>6'2"
>>
If I want to fuck people up in pvp should I make a khajit NB or a redguard?
>>
Anyone know if the WGT's vault contains jewelry? I was thinking of grinding shards in IC to get some SPC without having to go through the trouble of actually running the dungeon
>>
>[for a Bosmer StamSorc] only dual wield and bow is viable for PvE. 2H for PvP
Can I get a second opinion on this? About to start a StamSorc proper. Should I completely ignore Sword-and-Board?

Medium Armor would be best, right?
>>
What is the average life of a Breton? Do they receive a formal education? Is it as comfy (or boring) as one may think?
>>
How fun are the DLCs?
>>
>>161437403
Thief DLC makes you steal and constantly sneak around guards
I like it.

Assassins let you murder people.
Haven't played it yet, but looking forward to it.
>>
>>161437313
I Would think longer then the average Human owing to their elf blood.
>>
>>161437829
>Assassins let you murder people
oh shit

I'm kinda interested in buying them
>>
Wood elves are so damn cute.
>>
>>161438106
And not just, kill NPCs.
I'm talking about MURDERING them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sfe4rYDSEw
>>
>>161438419
I guess I'm buying this
>>
>90% chance to improve an piece of armor
>figure wasting another material isn't worth the 10%...
Fucking hell.
>>
I can't stand the female VA with the lisp.
>>
>>161440998
Is that the one from the first deshaan quest with the plague?

Simply the worst
>>
>>161441116
I don't know. All I know is that she does a lot of older dunmer and she enunciates s sounds for hours. It's like listening to a fucking snake.
>>
How long until we get a skooma based dlc pack? I want to build a meth lab
>>
>>161441490
It's probably the same one

She also has the flavor dialogue with a nord, on the path between mournhold wayshrine and the exit next to the stables

'rub it in why don't you. if you must know shad astula has rejected me, again."

i hate her.
>>
>>161440998
The female Nord VA in the Blessed Crucible is the worst. The one who announces the incineration beetles.
>>
how strong are magicka mages in pvp? can i be a glass cannon blowing people up or what?
>>
File: 1475513766845.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475513766845.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>161278885
>tfw haven't been able to play because lol port issues
feels bad
>>
What lvl minimum/cp I gotta be to use Akaviri stuff?
>>
>>161286401
>dungeon finder might take up 30+ minutes
If you queue as dps.
>>
>>161389842
>insert Dark Brotherhood
>leave out Morag Tong
>no PVP against assassins
Why can't I be an honorable assassin that gets a get out of death free writ?
>>
>>161442803
There no level requirement to wear it.
Do you mean craft it?
>>
>>161424198
Oh, I'm blind and didn't see the link. Those all look pretty rad, but I'm a sucker for lightning shit so that was probably a given.

>>161428884
Because funny accents are an easy alternative to actually having a strong theme for your character and an easy way to stand out that is quickly lost when everyone does it but they don't think that far ahead and since most people on an NA server are 'Murrican the first accent that comes to mind is Southern because it's an easy one to type out. It's also why ACH, AYE BE SCOTTISH or BLOODY 'ELL, I'm ENGLISH accents are common. They're recognizable, add flavor when someone lacks anything else to draw interest and they don't take much thought to type out.

tl;dr, lazy RPers using an easy way out of putting in real effort

>>161443024
>no Morag Tong
Someone's not played through Deshaan's story. Or encountered the NPC from that zone who shows up in the Gold Coast.
>>
>>161443479
I know the Tong is in the game. I'm complaining about not being able to join their organization.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (231KB, 664x948px)
Untitled.jpg
231KB, 664x948px
Thoughts?
>>
>>161443960
He can fuck my wife
>>
>>161443960
Would exchange rings of mara with him.
>>
>>161443960
I wonder what argonian genitals look like. They can't be too strange as pretty much anyone is canonically willing to fuck one on a whim.
>>
File: enough internet.gif (307KB, 267x200px)
enough internet.gif
307KB, 267x200px
>>161443960
>>161444061
>>161444173
>>161444575
>>
If I take an Undaunted Pledge on Monday, can I do it and turn it in and get a key several days later?

Can I get a new pledge every day and do them all on the weekend?
>>
>>161444715
Once you accept the day's pledge, the pledge giver won't give you another unless you abandon quest or turn it in. You can't stack dailies and do them all at once
>>
ESO questlines are janked. I'm fucking assaulting Coldharbor before I've done half the shit I've should have by that point. You get no fucking prompt either that everything is out of order. I'm meeting dead people in Coldharbor that aren't dead yet!
>>
what do rams do in pvp? do they automatically damage the door and just give protection? when ive walked under one nothing comes up
>>
>>161445574
Have the adventure of a lifetime in One Tamriel :^)
>>
Is stamina sorcerer as retarded as it sounds or do they have enough melee moves for it to actually make sense aesthetically?
>>
File: Untitled4.jpg (291KB, 996x836px)
Untitled4.jpg
291KB, 996x836px
>>161443960
Okay, left or right /tesog/?
>>
Red diamond.
RED DIAMOND!
>>
>>161446587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUwltEBRrqs
>>
>>161446101
Left
>>
>>161446741
None of the other alliances has a theme this kickass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-lGevvO2vw
>>
File: 20161129231016_1.jpg (517KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161129231016_1.jpg
517KB, 1920x1080px
>>161446906

Perfect time to listen to that.
>>
File: sovngarde.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sovngarde.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>161447231
>tfw EP's end would have been perfect if it'd been this moment in Eastmarch instead of the nonsense with Sinmur in the Rift
>even involved fighting in some fucking aetherial plane just like the other two alliances
A shame they didn't order things better. I'm lucky I did EP first or it would have been a real letdown after DC/AD's end fights.
>>
can I just slap some heavy armor on and a sword and shield to tank as a stam sorc?
>>
>tfw redguard but like the wrothgar territory the best and want to help the orcs
>>
>fungal ashfields
>meso-american swamps
viking snowfields
How can the other factions even compete with that kind of biome diversity?
>>
Is there any different between blade, axe, mace, and dagger?
I did go over in the wiki but don't see anything or I might miss it.
>>
Alright well I finally did a couple duels (I'm level 8) while waiting for the daedra spawns outside Vulkhel Guard, and, goddamn, I got wrecked. Hard.

The number to the left of people's name is their level, right?

If so I got smoked by a level 5 Templar whose greatsword was hitting me harder than his damned Magispear.

And my shit wasn't hurting anybody. Like I don't think either of the three people I fought lost a single HP.

One dude was just being cheeky and reved me after. I think he was like lv50-something, but the other two were 6 and 5 and they whooped my ass just as bad.

P2W, or am I just that unoptimized somehow? I mean at level 8 with 8 levels in Magicka my spears ought to have been doing SOMETHING, right?

I figure at the very least they were buffing with food/drinks and healing.
>>
>>161449758
theres a passive skill that gives you different buffs depending on what you wield, daggers give increased crit chance, for example
>>
>>161450207
Are you on PC NA? I think I might have killed you.
Also, there is no P2W you just need to get gud/get gud equipment.
>>
>>161331903
Why stop? Dungeons in this game are really fun.
>>
>>161332302
Get Dark Flare
>>
>>161341848
Just another reagent.
>>
Finally fucking got this meme game up and running.

If I want to focus heavily on burning shit as a dragon knight, is Nord or Dunmer my best option?
>>
>>161450559
PS4 NA

Well the dudes I fought had some ornate-as-fuck armor so that probably explains the disparity.

If it ain't P2W, then I assume it was guild-enabled twinking.

I mean, if they're gonna pick a fight with someone 2-3 levels higher than them, I assume they knew the shit's in their favor, some way or another.

I'm not gonna take PvP in an MMO seriously, at least not now, but it was still surprising.
>>
How big is the difference between stamdk dps and magplar dps?
>>
>>161450984
Could've been that they had other characters to craft gear or they could just be wearing a costume also.
>>
>>161443960
Pretty damn cool looking for a lizard/10
>>
File: 1477441349111.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1477441349111.png
220KB, 500x372px
>>161450970
Nord
>the viking race
>who hate magic
>and have cold resistance
Dunmer
>literally ashen skin with burning red eyes
>live in a place next to a continually erupting volcano
>and have TWO passives relating to fire

Nord, definitely nord, you fucking goddamn retarded shitbag.
>>
>>161452592
I like you.
>>
>>161452592
But if nords have cold resistance wouldn't they want fire to keep warm?
>>
When I buy the 10k horse will it let me use it on every character or do I need to buy it for each one?
>>
>>161322884
Who are the Patriots?
>>
>>161454295
yep, all characters can use it
>>
>>161450207
People also have champion points which are basically Paragon points from Diablo 3 and also crafted gear and probably a better build than you, that's why they seem much stronger.
>>
>>161445762
Do some googling please. Stamina sorcerer dps is literally FOTM right now.

Stamina classes will always use 2-3 weapon skills per bar, so that leaves 2-3 class skills/alliance skills per bar to use.

Off the top of my head, you got hurricane, critical surge, dark conversion, bound aramanets to choose from.

For leveling or soloing, you also have summons to tank stuff for you.

Tank sorcerer is also viable, and you can go Magicka or stamina.
>>
>>161455276
>a better build
Dude, we're talking about being level 5-8.
>>
>>161437123
For PvE yes, you go dual wield and bow as a back up. For PvP you can use what you like since stamsorc is very flexible

Medium armor for pve yes but there are plenty of pvp builds that use heavy gear also. As I said, flexible.

I wouldn't recommend a stamsorc as your first character though.

Unless you go full Mag and respec when you have the skills you need.
>>
>>161432202
Both are good to buy IF you need them RIGHT NOW. I think it's better to wait for a sale on them and you don't need it for your first character. Imperials are best tanks though but only that (for min Max)

Hairstyles and Adornments are also a good buy if you like to play dress up.

Then there is the Hist DLC but that you should get at lvl 50.

That's all really. I'm assuming you already got all Gold DLC.

Ah yes maybe Vampire and Warewolf DLC. You don't need it though, just for RP or stuff, it's not OP.
>>
>>161427945
I'm new to the game but are you a MagPlar? I was considering running one but the light Lance spam seemed boring.

Is it only low level? Or is every character spamming one ability early on?
>>
Acid spray or bombard morph?
acid spray would require me to remove suprise attack from this bar right? it feels like disease isn't physical res, but it seems like acid spray is a better DPS ability.
>>
>>161456112
Acid spray has awful DPS and should never be used in any scenario. The other morph has PvP applications with aoe snare.
>>
>>161455475
I'm talking in general why eso pvp is not welcoming to newcomers.

At lvl 5 a Templar can still be stronger than a xxx class and also has better weapons from his other characters while you fuck around with a trainee sword.
>>
>>161456253
Oh. really?
shit, that's unfortunate.
this is a PVE build so... ugh.
I had hoped it was good.
>>
>>161456303
Well yeah, which is what I said. I figured by "build" you meant stat allocation. If I'm three levels higher than the dude it's just about impossible that that's the case.

Unless you can zip around to those attribute-point-giving stones and twink yourself out with abilities that way.
>>
what would be the best weapons for a magplar to use, started off using 2h, and been thinking of using either a bow or dual wielding once I can use the weapon switch
>>
>>161457002
Anons here told me DW for the passives, but a guy on YouTube makes a good argument (for all I know, anyway) for a Destruction Staff.

Of course, that vid is five months old.
>>
>>161457002
Dual sharpened inferno staffs is every magicka dps build.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-30 17.31.41.png (1MB, 966x748px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-30 17.31.41.png
1MB, 966x748px
how's my dwemer

not even mad i had to buy the cosmetics, now time to grind to 50 so I can use engine guardian.

How much more dwemer theming can I do? Already a nb so I can suddenly disappear
>>
>>161459689
DWEMER ARE FUCKING DEAD!
>>
As a SnS tank, should i put points into 2-handed to deal with trash mobs and solo questing? I do fairly well tanking, but its such a tedious grind otherwise.
>>
>>161455359
>asking someone to google when you literally cannot fucking read
Gave me a giggle
>>
>be a tank
>do a group delve for the first time
>get complimented for being a really good tank
Aw shucks.
>>
>>161459689
You get motifs to craft Dwemer style armor/weapons.
>>
>>161456073
Yep, magplar.
>light lance spam
I'm still spamming that shit all the time so it doesn't get any better, though it isn't used often in PvP because people can just walk around you while you're doing the animation
>>
>>161460318
what are you running?
>>
>>161460153
Why tank when doing solo questing. Go dps.
>>
>>161456073
>X ability spam
every class will have that. it's called a "spammable" and it's just how combat works. you have a reliable, low-cost damage ability a spammable that you spam in between your light attack weaving, re-apply any necessary AoEs or DoTs. templar's spammable is puncturing strikes. you could swap that to something like force shock, if you're a magplar, but it will be less effective.
>>
File: Breton_epic.jpg (252KB, 950x540px)
Breton_epic.jpg
252KB, 950x540px
>>161278885
A couple of questions regarding builds /tesog/:

I wanted to run a StamSorc but from the looks of it every build uses Lycantrophy or Vampirism. Is it really required?

Is Lyc/Vamp required for every build now?

Do I buy both of them now? Are they that useful for PvP?

I wanted the StamSorc because the gameplay looked fun but if warewolf is required I might pass on it, dont want to make my first character too complicated.

Also are StamSorcs effective even without proc sets? Will I be fucked and need to reroll when they nerf or change them?

Fuck I like the magick assassin/warrior gameplay but afraid I'll end up with a useless Redguard StamSorc in the end.

tl;dr Do I need Lycantrophy on a StamSorc and are they good even without FOTM builds? (Like after a nerf, will I still be able to be more or less effective?
>>
Does the character delete limit of 3 get removed if I sub?

Fuck that mechanic.
>>
>>161464579
no. but it serves a purpose. I've not seen any gold seller spam in the game. not once.
>>
>>161464528
>Is it really required?
no

>Is Lyc/Vamp required for every build now?
no

>Do I buy both of them now?
NO!

>Are they that useful for PvP?
they can be

>Also are StamSorcs effective even without proc sets?
of course. every stam class is powerful on their own, without proc sets. that's why procsets are such a problem.
>>
>>161464528
>Fuck I like the magick assassin/warrior gameplay but afraid I'll end up with a useless Redguard StamSorc in the end.

that's always a possibility in this game, where fotm/meta changes so fast. just half a year ago stamsorc was the worst class to be. you just never know what kind of dragon dildo will ZOS choose to fuck you up the ass with when they release the next update. could be one of them small ones, or it could be the extra-large Hanns The Mandake. need to be prepared that your chosen class will be considered bottom tier at some point.
>>
Is it possible to kill a civilian without getting a bounty, or do you magically get one even if you were to instantly kill them from stealth while you're both alone?
>>
>>161466210
>your chosen class will be considered bottom tier

>tfw magblade
>tfw don't PvP
>tfw no face

Suffering
>>
>>161466486
you won't get a bounty if you use blade of woe to kill them and nobody sees you, or if you manage to one shot them, and nobody sees you. And I mean 1 shot. 1 ability cast with enough damage to kill them instantly.
>>
>>161465917
>>Do I buy both of them now?
>NO!
Oh Why not ? (If its not needed I'll pas on it like you said) Is it because it goes ons ale from time to time or something?

>of course. every stam class is powerful on their own, without proc sets. that's why procsets are such a problem.

Then that's good I think I'll try StamSorc out then.

>>161466210
>that's always a possibility in this game, where fotm/meta changes so fast. just half a year ago stamsorc was the worst class to be. you just never know what kind of dragon dildo will ZOS choose to fuck you up the ass with when they release the next update. could be one of them small ones, or it could be the extra-large Hanns The Mandake. need to be prepared that your chosen class will be considered bottom tier at some point.

Well as long as bottom tier is viable for solo and group stuff then its okay. As long as it's not "delete that character" tier then I'll manage.

See I'm asking because there is a major patch coming early next year jan/feb so I dont want to build a character and then it instantly becomes shit.

I really dont care about FOTM and being OP, I just really like how StamSorc gameplay looks like and the fact that I have so many weapon choices.
>>
>>161466507
But apparently magblades still manage in group well.
Or are they complete shit in PvE?
Unless you rolled an Altmer you should be fine with a switch to stamina.
>>
>>161466610
>Oh Why not ?
becuase you can literally get werewolf/vampire for free. that crown store shit is scam for new players. and it's a one-time use as well. and you can't have both at the same time, obviously

if you want to be a vampire or werewolf just ask in zone chat especially bangkorai, rift, reaper's march or ask in guild, or even here on /tesog/, just mention your server. you will get one for free or you'll end up paying a couple thousand gold at most.
>>
>>161466684
magblades are currently the worst DDs for pure damage output. they are also one of the most difficult classes to play well because of the need to micromanage more than other classes. shame, because they are fun.

they really need a buff

>>161466610
>As long as it's not "delete that character" tier then I'll manage.
that never has been and never will be the case for any class. even the absolute shittest build on the bottom-tier class will be perfectly fine for solo content and normal group content
>>
how fucked am I if I added points to skills I probably won't use at all later on?
is there enough skill points to do this? or maybe they're easy to respec?
>>
>>161466507
have faith, brother
our time shall come again
>>
>>161466939
there aren't enough skill points to get everything, so not a good idea. but you can respect them at any time in the capital city temples. cost is 50g per 1 point. I have a bit over 300 points spent, so if I want to respec it costs me around 15k. not too expensive, so if you want you can fuck around with points and not worry.
>>
>>161467134
cool, thanks
>>
File: 1436767107138.jpg (53KB, 448x454px) Image search: [Google]
1436767107138.jpg
53KB, 448x454px
Is Stamplar nord tank in heavy armor (with SNS or something) good for running solo, or is it too slow?
should I be a magicka and/or non tank build instead?
I still want to run nord for that bit of extra survivability, though.
>>
>>161467376
If you went magicka tank I think you'd have the best time.

Only two templar skills morph into stam, templar tanks love mag abilities like sun shield, healing, rune focus etc., and nords extra stamina will still be appreciated for 1h+s skills/blocking.

Then you could also go magDPS or even healer if you wanted, but trying to do all three will really spread skillpoints out. Sticking to DPS while soloing and still being able to tank if you want to would be your best course of action imo.

Literally nothing wrong with a Nord; HP, stam and damage resist are useful for everyone, just means you wouldn't get absolute top dps but neither will shit players who minmax, so who cares
>>
File: lizard wizard ft. rough maple.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lizard wizard ft. rough maple.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>161466832
>because they are fun.

This is the only thing that keeps me going. Magicka Nightblades are the closest thing to classic TES 'sorcerers' we'll ever get lightning jockeys don't count

>Magic Spec
obv
>Heavy armor
sap tank
>Mysticism
entire siphoning tree
>conjuration
>marksman
Spectral bow from grim focus, 'throwing' a dagger with Impale
>illusion
Fear and blur (sanctuary)
>short blade
death stroke/assassins blade/teleport strike

can even get annulment as an alteration skill
>>
>>161467807
Hm, alright.
I'll probably stick to DPS i suppose, then, since I'm mostly soloing. wish I actually played with people, particularly ones I know. most aren't into the same mmos.
When I'm soloing, should I be running light armor? The passives seem too good for magicka builds to pass up at all, it's why I was thinking stamtank was better.
>>
>>161469259
>soloing

I don't run with a guild and only have a few ingame friends, none of which I really run dungeons with, and I tank, dps, or heal whenever I like. I only recommended magicka tanking/dps because it's the fastest and IMO the most effective way to templar tank. If you want to go stamina you'll probably have an easier time tanking and stamplar dps is still quite fun, just slightly less impressive self heals.

>light armor
Until you put skills into armor, use whatever is best and level all of them. But yes, magDPS/healers use at least 5 light armor, stamDPS pretty much always use 7 medium armor, tanks use at least 5 heavy armor

>The passives seem too good for magicka builds to pass up at all, it's why I was thinking stamtank was better.

Spell crit and spell penetration aren't that useful for tanks, but both are super important for dps and spell crit is excellent for healers. Tanks also don't need to worry about dealing damage anywhere near as much as healers do, so the focus is on heavy armor.
Likewise stamtanks won't use medium, they'll also use heavy. Surviving is more important than weapon crit.

If you want to tank, give it a shot. If you don't like it, or don't succeed, templars make great stam or magicka DPS
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>161466734
Thanks for hat, you saved me lots of crowns.

>>161466832
Thanks. I think I'll roll that StamSorc then.

Only question is should I level him as magicka till I get enough points and unlocks to have a proper stamina character or go for stamina from the beginning?

How hard will it be in solo PvE?

Also a question about stamina Dragonknights - how is their AoE? Is it decent for PvE?

Are they fun in PvP?

StamSorc and StamDk are the two classes I;m considering.
>>
So is the assault on Coldharbor supposed to happen only after you finish your faction questline across every one of your faction's provinces?
>>
>>161472585
It's very easy to level stamina sorcerer or sorcerers period because you have pets. That unstable clanfear will get you very far tanking for you against hard enemies.

Remember for the first 10 levels or more, your stamina and Magicka are barely different, so your Magicka spells are gonna be perfectly okay as far as scaling goes until you get the stamina morphs.

I personally leveled a stamina sorcerer since the free weekends, and I'm level 47 now.

I initially grabbed tanking gear and skills until level 15, then I grabbed a 2h sword and started putting points in that too.

I get bored sometimes, so I respec 2h into DW and back whenever I feel like it.

In dungeons, I tank, and I pretty much use dps stuff for questing. Pets' damages don't scale because I'm stamina, but they are still very useful for soloing exploring.
>>
File: 1453594899569.jpg (127KB, 741x289px)
1453594899569.jpg
127KB, 741x289px
>>161473295
>been playing a stamblade since free weekend
>am only level 26
>have been holding on to training equipment for as long as I can until i research them to replace them for better gear
I'm so goddamn slow at leveling.
>>
>>161361797
EP. You don't kiss kings and queens asses all through thestory, like other zones.
>>
>>161473517
Just quit your job and play all day.
>>
>>161473517
Dungeons give A LOT of experience for both the daily bonus and the quests in them. I've done all the dungeons at least once at this point since tank queues are instant.

Don't sweat it though, because you can only do those quests once a day, so you will eventually get those dungeon quest experience. If you have not, make sure to do a random dungeon at least once a week. The bonus daily lfg experience alone levels my guy fully.
>>
>>161474835
I meant once per character for those quests.
>>
File: 1349302215699.jpg (58KB, 762x388px)
1349302215699.jpg
58KB, 762x388px
>>161474649
I don't have a job, since I just moved back home...
>>161474835
I should actually start doing dungeons.
I have as of yet only tried to do one solo. It... didn't work out great, but that was when my gear wasn't heath enchanted.
>>
>>161475421
You shouldn't do them solo leveling. That's only end game people in trial gears.

You also miss out the daily LFG experience, which is half the reason to do them for leveling. Just queue yourself up as dps
>>
>>161466939
There are exactly 378 skill points you can get in-game at the moment.
>>
File: 1442141136555.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1442141136555.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Why did ZOS make the main story about a daedric prince invading Nirn which is just basically rehashed TES:IV story? Why didn't they skip all that crap and just make ESO all about the war between alliances. I mean, THAT was what the Interregnum was established to be all about. No leadership in Cyrodiil, the Second Empire falling, widespread anarchy, everybody going stupid and crazy, and wars breaking out left and right.

I think it could have been a lot better of a story. Currently it feels like the war is just happening somewhere in the background, and Interregnum, probably most violent and bloody period in the history of Tamriel, has a pretty fucking peaceful atmosphere. And not once did it feel like Molag Bal was actually fucking Tamriel up. Like there's the anchors, but you show up at one, straight outta Stros Mkai or wherever, dressed like a hobo, and close that shit right up, no problem.

Pretty disappointed desu. I wish they take alliance war story further somehow, with DLC or whatever.
>>
how much of this game can i do solo?

i'm pretty autistic and don't like guilds

i prefer to pug
>>
Good thing WGT exists to remind us all as to why you should never have vampires in your group
>>
File: 1479989166930.jpg (84KB, 600x628px) Image search: [Google]
1479989166930.jpg
84KB, 600x628px
>>161476302
that fucking dungeon is painful as a vamp tank.
>>
New crown store stuff coming next month
>Costumes: “Elder Council" Tunic and Sash, Imperial City Temple Tunic
>Crafting: Crown Crafting Motif: Stalhrim Frostcaster Style (pic related)
>Hats: Sun's Dusk Winter Hood, New Life Festival Cap, New Life Monk's Cap
>Mounts: Great Elk, Ice Wolf
>Pets: White River Ice Wolf Pup

More pics at the news link:
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/30/crown-store-showcase--november-30th-2016
>>
>>161476130
No comment on Molog Bal, but have you done any quests, anon? 90% of the quests on the map are about factions fighting each other.
>>
>>161476183
Pretty much most of it. You can do all he quests and exploring yourself or with strangers in zone chat. Lfg groups are fine for all except the hardest content. You can probably still just make a group with strangers for those.

Biggest thing you miss not being in a guild is probably the guild trader. There are no auction houses in the game except guild auction houses. So trading guilds are good for you to just trade wig everybody. It's not critical though.
>>
>>161478160
>90% of the quests on the map are about factions fighting each other

I've done every single quest in the game. 90%? Try 10%. Of those MAYBE 10%, I can recall only a couple quests that had my interest, where I though "alright, cool, now this is something". Start of EP. That one AD quest where you had to rescue a DC deserter. And those were side quests of no significance and barely any resolution. The meeting between alliance leaders before final assoult on Coldharbour was a joke.
>>
>>161478153
that style looks very good, I'm thinking of buying it, if it's a store only style do I need mimic stones for it or...?
>>
what does the suffix "-at" mean in a redguard name? is it "from"?

very important for a lore friendly :^) name I'm trying to create

also new thread when
>>
File: 1413319096485.png (203KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
1413319096485.png
203KB, 495x495px
>>161476367
Just had to endure a crappy pug for 2 hours to kill inhibitor and kena, but came out with 1 key since I still had yesterday's pledge and an SPC ring, so I'm cool with it
>mfw everyone in the party drooling after my ring and I tell them it's going for my healer alt
>>
>>161479523
>suffix "-at"

I meant the prefix "at-", silly me
>>
I'm currently a cat stamblade for my first run and while I'm having fun I was wondering if it's possible to make a samurai-ish char here. I played a samurai class in a MMO in my teens (which took me 2 years to achieve but anyway) which was a morph of Thief, Warrior/Knight and some Martial Arts class.

Historically speaking wouldn't be very accurate, obviously, but I was wondering how I'd go on about this.

Is there such thing as a tanky dps or should I focus in only one? If so which one?

Was thinking of going health-stam (not sure about the ratio) DK Nord, primary 2H greatsword, secondary bow; r8? I've seen "go mag" here and there b-but Samurai were focused on speed and defense which I interpret as Stam and Health...
>>
>>161478594
Why would you lie on a Korean origami board?

The entire first and second zone fight the DC. Do you read the dialogues in quests? I know you hate reading but come on.
>>
>>161479914
2H/bow is a good combo in PvP, but in pve dualwield/bow blows it out of the water
regarding being a tanky dps, that's not really achievable without gimping your dps, so I don't know what your end goals are, but you have to really commit if you want to run serious pve content
Also, check out akaviri crafting style, it looks like samurai armour a lot
>>
>>161480102
>The entire first and second zone fight the DC

I remember now that EP started out fighting DC for a while, even after starting zone, which I already mentioned. The fact that I forgot only shows me how entirely forgettable those quest were. And the fact that you brought that up tells me that you haven't even played other faction zones yet and seen how entirely absent of any alliance war quests they are, aside from a few even more minor ones.

Playing DC for the first time you might even forget that there even is a war.
>>
Compilation of things this game needs new:
>Fix PvP
>More locations/DLC
>More classes (so far I've seen Bard, Barefist class)
>Ability to dye weapons and hair
>More cosmetics/appearance options, whether bought or free
>More voices/ability to change pitch
>Fix your fucking quest bugs
>Lower or remove 15min group finder thing
>Russian zone chat

Any other to add? This is what I've seen and some of my own.
>>
>>161480613
>Bard
Elaborate.
Please.
>>
>>161480398
>moving the goalpost this hard.

I have a very specific example on how 90% of quests are about the alliance wars. Other zones also feature tons of alliance war quests. I have never tried to argue that they're awesome, since that's all subjective. I've personally enjoyed the quests comparing to other MMOs.
>>
>>161480845
>I have a very specific example on how 90% of quests are about the alliance wars.
I'd like to see it
>>
>>161480206
I don't know what my end goals are either, Anon. ;_;
Might be PvE though because PvP makes me too nervous although I'd like a few duels here and there.
Also
>dualwield/bow
I was talking about two-handed, not dualwield. Did you typo, misread or actually meant that?

And I know about Akaviri, thanks!
>>
>>161480791
I don't know, that one's not mine, I saw that many threads ago I think.
I imagine some mag thing though? Using a lute? Beats me. Sorry.
>>
>>161480906
I just did. First two zones of all the starting areas. Later zones get into other politics, but a lot of the enemies you fight
are other faction npcs
Are you okay, anon?
>>
File: 3fd.jpg (67KB, 487x469px) Image search: [Google]
3fd.jpg
67KB, 487x469px
>>161481118
>talking about shit that you don't know about an MMO in a complaint
>Talking about /rare/ shit that isn't spread all over the internet and then not knowing about it
I'm really tempted to REEE aloud right now, anon.
>>
>>161481172
So first two zones of all starting areas are about alliance war? And later zones go into their politics? And you fight a lot of other faction NPCs... THAT'S 90%!!!! of the game's quests?

Ok. You've only played EP, that much is clear. Why would YOU lie on a Korean origami board?
>>
>>161481172
>First two zones of all the starting areas
no, they don't only EP has that. DC is all about wild necromancers and dream people in their first two zones. 3rd is vampires, 4th is necromancers again, and some imperials, 5th is imperials and crazy bretons again. AD is Ayrenn being shit at her job in both zone 1 and 2, no other alliances involved. zone 3 was just total bullshit, I don't even know what the fuck was going on there. bosmer, man. zone 4 I don't remember, I think it was more bosmer dream bullshit, zone 5 was khajiit being on drugs and choosing who leads them based on who does drugs the best or something.
>>
>>161481583
>only EP has that

Which is why they are the best faction for story
>>
>>161481583
>>161481331
You're right, I forgot it's about blood thorn faochu stuff.

Fine, 90% is an exaggeration, but frankly that'd be incredibly boring. It also won't make that much sense if EVERY zone has only alliance war stories, since the invasion forces should be engaging mostly on the front lines.
Point stands, however, that a significant amount of quests are about alliances unlike what that anon initially suggested.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161130_184806.png (1MB, 949x731px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161130_184806.png
1MB, 949x731px
>>161479523
>>161479624
well never mind then, I just rolled with it. pretty sure that "at-" does mean "from" and if it doesn't I don't care.

ignore points in magicka, I made a mistake
>>
File: 1417391418394.png (29KB, 400x400px)
1417391418394.png
29KB, 400x400px
>>161481328
I-I'm sorry, anon

would delete if I could, but too late
>>
>>161481894

>90% is an exaggeration

now that's an exaggeration

>>that a significant amount of quests are about alliances

unfortunately, there isn't. although that would depend on what you think is significant I guess. at later zones there are basically no quests at all about war. EP had the most war quests of all alliances, and they didn't get that much aside from the start.
>>
WE GOING DOWN BOYS

BRACE FOR IMPACT
>>
>>161482218
Not the other guy but EP was easily the worst start. War quests are boring and predictable.
>>
>>161482309
Quick jump to the new thread

>>161482393
>>161482393
>>161482393
>>
>>161481954

I assume its the Elder Scrolls version of "al-" like Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
>>
>>161481954
The "at-" indeed means from where a Redguard is , just like the "gro-" in orcish names.
>>
>>161278885
So I used up my character delete limit yesterday and it didnt come up today.

Thought I get back one every 24 hours?

Is it a bug or something?
Thread posts: 784
Thread images: 119

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.