[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 751
Thread images: 125

File: 1467219324-498928179.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467219324-498928179.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
Underrail edition

Last Thread: >>160154992

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
File: B8AYX-DYQHZ-QH3F4.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
B8AYX-DYQHZ-QH3F4.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
Nobody claimed these last thread, so if you take one (or the code doesn't work) please leave a reply.
>>
File: ZQTT2-FMB66-2H0XT.jpg (113KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZQTT2-FMB66-2H0XT.jpg
113KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: P9YDT-AGAKG-BBLZD.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P9YDT-AGAKG-BBLZD.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 3L62J-9EAN8-EABGD.jpg (203KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
3L62J-9EAN8-EABGD.jpg
203KB, 700x525px
>>
>>160697743
Said duplicate so someone probably claimed it
rip
>>
File: TVV8J-NZCD9-X0D3W.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TVV8J-NZCD9-X0D3W.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 7TF0L-LB0VD-Y5RJE.png (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7TF0L-LB0VD-Y5RJE.png
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: B0L7R9JH14LP907S.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
B0L7R9JH14LP907S.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>
jesus one of you is a greedy fuck.
>>
>>160698270
this desu
I hope it's not one person taking them all
>>
>>160698270
yeah they were taken quickly, no thanks or anything
>>
File: YGM6Y-8KBPJ-Q6YZY.jpg (229KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
YGM6Y-8KBPJ-Q6YZY.jpg
229KB, 1600x900px
>>
File: 6ITHG-867QV-05TWB.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
6ITHG-867QV-05TWB.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
>>
>>160697167
It's dangerous to theorycraft alone! Take this.

http://underrail DOT info DOT tm/

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
Wait, why does 4chan hate that link?
>>
File: BDHV4-BZ526-YBC02.jpg (607KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BDHV4-BZ526-YBC02.jpg
607KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>160698461
Well I have it all worked out in my head for the most part, but appreciate the link
>>
>>160698513
anon you should really email these codes. someone is snatching all of them very quickly. that or a bot
>>
File: T4TFE-NV4KT-E7TDB.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
T4TFE-NV4KT-E7TDB.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>160698602
They're all reposts, so it's more likely that a dick used the key in a previous thread and didn't say anything.
>>
>>160698772
oh that probably explains it then
>>
autumn sale next week?
http://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/
>>
>>160697706
REEEEEEE I MUST REMIND THEM
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (75KB, 423x521px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
75KB, 423x521px
>>160698868
>>160698461
>3 offensive skills
I meant melee/dodge/evasion
>130 hacking/lockpicking
I know but I only have 57 hacking and 45 lockpicking right now so I need the points to get them there
I don't think I'll have enough points at the end of it since I need so much in hacking/lock picking and crafting. No way I'll get 80 throwing unfortunately. Guess I should've done more math when I started playing but I was really into the game and wasn't paying too much attention to stat point distribution for late game.
>>
>>160699661
>http://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/
gonna see if I can grab Creeper World and PONCHO
>>
>>160699661
nice
I just got a refund for killing floor 2 so I've got 30 steambux. Was thinking of gifting underrail to a friend but he's not interested in it.
If it's on sale and you guys are looking for a good game look into Hard West. It's like xcom with cowboys at first, then transitions into(spoiler) demonic magic
20 dollars normally but goes on sale often I believe
>>
>>160699661
probably. black friday and what not
>>
>>160699957
Yeah, unfortunately dodge/evasion are huge skill point sinks.
>>
File: 1478662118076.png (19KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1478662118076.png
19KB, 510x546px
bump
>>
>>160702046
I think I should be fine if I just forget about throwing. Maybe pick up a cloaking device or something if I really need more stealth. Also should I just keep dumping into dex? I think I have 12 dex right now. Not sure if I should start getting agi above 10 or maybe some points into str or con.
>>
Guys, I suck dick with Blue Baby in Binding of Isaac and I'm trying to beat Isaac on hard but I can barely get past mom.

I'm sick of resetting twenty times to get one item room and it having a shit item constantly.

Is there a way for me to make it so better items spawn more often, the spawn rate of item rooms in your first room be the same or higher as in normal mode, or at least give me something good to start with that won't disable achievements so I can still unlock things?

I like this game and want to keep playing but my fun is hardcore ruined when I can't get at least get one good item at the start.
>>
>>160705817
I would just keep pumping DEX, maybe a point or two in CON if you feel you don't have enough HP.

That said DEX will save you more skill points. It governs your lockpicking and throwing, so if you keep pumping it you might be able to achieve that 80 throwing with very little skill point investment.
>>
File: 1466855553982.jpg (49KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1466855553982.jpg
49KB, 655x527px
>Tyranny
>tranny
>Kyros is a tranny
>>
File: 1425517721572.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425517721572.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>160707084
Well those core city thugs killed me real quick but I think that's more to being low level and shitty shield emitter. I'll just keep pumping dex then. Save me lock picking points since I only need to get it to 120 with a mk3 lockpick.
I'd also be a lot stronger if I had proper leather gloves instead of these metal ones but that's going to have to wait till I get my tailoring up and find out where siphoners live.
Thanks for all the advice anon, I know I ask a lot of questions. It's just been so long since I've "gotten into" a game as much as I have underrail. Can't wait to explore the lore/backstory more now that I finally made it to the main city.
>>
https://madguy.itch.io/streets-of-rogue

Unofficial game of the thread. It's in beta right now, but there's a free demo out. It's even got co-op so you can play with your best buddy.

>Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice, freedom, and anarchic fun. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.

>Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities.

I know everyone and their mother is probably sick of seeing the term rogue-lite, but give it a shot, it's pretty fun ableit barebones right now. Given some time to get fleshed out I think it will be pretty wonderful.
>>
File: Sor.gif (2MB, 523x293px) Image search: [Google]
Sor.gif
2MB, 523x293px
>>160709539
Forgot to post the gif that's on the site itself, in case you like to look at something to gauge interest for yourself. It's all there on the page, just think of this useless post as a friendly bump.
>>
>>160708052
>It's just been so long since I've "gotten into" a game as much as I have underrail.
I know the feeling. I wish more games had similar good old game vibe.

Don't stop questioning and observing everything carefully. That's the correct mindset for piecing the backstory together. But no matter, even (and especially) if you miss lots of things, the second playthrough will feel very different after the revelations of the first.
>>
>>160709539
>rogue-lite
what does that mean
WHAT DOES IT MEAN
ITS NOT LIKE ROGUE
ITS NOT ROGUE LITE
>>
>>160709840
If I had to define roguelite, I would say it's a roguelike where accessibility is prioritized at the cost of gameplay depth.

Roguelike for invalids, if you will. But that doesn't mean they can't be fun to play.
>>
>>160709840
Non-turnbased rogue-likes and non-rogue-likes with a few rogue-like concepts.
>>
File: politifact-photos-Mopping_man.jpg (481KB, 2778x2139px) Image search: [Google]
politifact-photos-Mopping_man.jpg
481KB, 2778x2139px
>>160697362
Dustforce best force.
If you want to have to git gud and you like platforms, play dustforce.
>>
>>160710797
>>160710665
no please stop you're triggering me
game devs started naming their garbage "roguelikes" in the same vain people are comparing their games to dark souls now
take a ""hardcore"" game/genre, dumb it down and/or just slap a name on it "the dark souls of x" and boom you have casuals eating that shit up because omg roguelikes are so hardcore XD i cant read ascii but im such a gamer lol!
>it has permadeath? OMG ROGUELIKE SO HARD CORE
The genre is called roguelike because they're games LIKE rogue and there's a very specific definition of what is or isn't a roguelike
Rogue-lite doesn't mean anything it's just a marketing label.
>Non-turnbased rogue-likes
that shouldn't be allowed as a sentence
>>
>>160711451
I admit, I tried constructing my post so it would trigger both roguelike and roguelite players.

But seriously, I don't care about genre elitism. Roguelike itself is vague term. You could say ascii graphics is one of the key values for roguelikes, but on the other hand I doubt anyone would argue stone soup isn't a roguelike despite being primarily tile-based.
>>
>>160711865
>Roguelike itself is vague term
no it isn't
it means like rogue
the fuck is lite rogue
http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Berlin_Interpretation
I've played plenty of good games labeled as "roguelite" or mislabeled as roguelike
I'm just saying it's a really stupid marketing label and I'm instantly wary of any game that misuses the terms just because of a single feature like perma death.
>>
>>160712112
>it means like rogue
Exactly. Which is vague as fuck. How much like rogue does it have to be to be considered roguelike?
>>
>>160712259
I already linked you your answer
>>
>>160709746
I wonder if I missed any lore so far. The only really in depth thing I've learned is about why the depot is the way it is and a tiny bit about the faceless. Also a bit about the happenings with the protectorates. Everything else has just been fairly regular missions for Tanner. I'm assuming most of the lore/story is in the latter half of the game.
>>
>>160712406
And what you said directly contradicts it. (It being only like rogue, not a genre in itself)

But it's not a bad definition, actually. Still vague though, it's just a sliding scale of roguelikeness.
>>
>>160709539
pretty neat
>>160709840
roguelite is codeword for procedural generation, permadeath, and randomness. Its bullshit but then again 90% of RPGs arent RPGs but are games with 1 or 2 RPG elements, e.g. SoulsBorne
>>
>>160711865
>>160712259

>"Roguelike" refers to a genre, not merely "like-Rogue". The genre is represented by its canon. The canon for Roguelikes is ADOM, Angband, Crawl, Nethack, and Rogue.
>This list can be used to determine how roguelike a game is. Missing some points does not mean the game is not a roguelike. Likewise, possessing some points does not mean the game is a roguelike.
>The purpose of the definition is for the roguelike community to better understand what the community is studying. It is not to place constraints on developers or games.

>High value factors

Random environment generation:
The game world is randomly generated in a way that increases replayability. Appearance and placement of items is random. Appearance of monsters is fixed, their placement is random. Fixed content (plots or puzzles or vaults) removes randomness.
Permadeath:
You are not expected to win the game with your first character. You start over from the first level when you die. (It is possible to save games but the savefile is deleted upon loading.) The random environment makes this enjoyable rather than punishing.
Turn-based:
Each command corresponds to a single action/movement. The game is not sensitive to time, you can take your time to choose your action.
Grid-based:
The world is represented by a uniform grid of tiles. Monsters (and the player) take up one tile, regardless of size.
Non-modal:
Movement, battle and other actions take place in the same mode. Every action should be available at any point of the game. Violations to this are ADOM's overworld or Angband's and Crawl's shops.
Complexity:
The game has enough complexity to allow several solutions to common goals. This is obtained by providing enough item/monster and item/item interactions and is strongly connected to having just one mode.
Resource management:
You have to manage your limited resources (e.g. food, healing potions) and find uses for the resources you receive.
>>
>>160714370

Hack'n'slash:
Even though there can be much more to the game, killing lots of monsters is a very important part of a roguelike. The game is player-vs-world: there are no monster/monster relations (like enmities, or diplomacy).

Exploration and discovery:
The game requires careful exploration of the dungeon levels and discovery of the usage of unidentified items. This has to be done anew every time the player starts a new game.

>Low value factors

Single player character:
The player controls a single character. The game is player-centric, the world is viewed through that one character and that character's death is the end of the game.

Monsters are similar to players:
Rules that apply to the player apply to monsters as well. They have inventories, equipment, use items, cast spells etc.

Tactical challenge:
You have to learn about the tactics before you can make any significant progress. This process repeats itself, i.e. early game knowledge is not enough to beat the late game. (Due to random environments and permanent death, roguelikes are challenging to new players.) The game's focus is on providing tactical challenges (as opposed to strategically working on the big picture, or solving puzzles).

ASCII display:
The traditional display for roguelikes is to represent the tiled world by ASCII characters.

Dungeons:
Roguelikes contain dungeons, such as levels composed of rooms and corridors.

Numbers:
The numbers used to describe the character (hit points, attributes etc.) are deliberately shown.

Also see:
http://www.roguetemple.com/roguelike-definition/
>>
>>160712983
I don't know how to put this to words without spoilers, but the world history is very well developed and there are layers upon layers of interconnected mysteries. Your character will not learn much of the deepest shit on this playthrough, but that stuff is largely irrelevant to the main story and current events.

I just love the way the game does its storytelling. You have to think and actively seek out the answers. I guess that's nothing special, but it just feels so fresh after god knows how many years of MMOs/RPGs with quest compasses and in-your-face exposition dumps in the rare cases there even is a story worth following.

Little hints are slowly trickled down to you, such as the Depot A thing, and those will eventually form a bigger picture. Sometimes finding and interpreting these hints takes a little bit of detective work and thinking; likewise it takes a keen eye and good reasoning to realize certain things as they're happening, but you'll learn about them later and the foreshadowing may seem obvious in hindsight.

If you're predisposed to solving problems optimally, you may even join certain hidden faction and that will certainly turn your life from clueless murderhobo to something more.
>>
>he doesn't judge a genre by its worst entries
hahah get a load of this guy
>>
>>160717303
What did he mean by this
>>
>>160716408
>If you're predisposed to solving problems optimally, you may even join certain hidden faction and that will certainly turn your life from clueless murderhobo to something more.
Damn son now you got me worked up by your whole post but especially that last bit. I hope I can find that hidden faction. Also got an offer to join protectorate. Not sure if that affects the hidden faction but I'm leaning towards accepting
>>
anticlimatic. the throne fight was stupidly easy with a Hyper Launcher. 7-1 and 7-2 were easier than 5-3.
>>
>>160721395
Congrats beating it with what might be the easiest character He's the only one I beat it with...

It's a little more suspenseful with different skill loadouts / different characters.
>>
Is it really worth reaching the nuclear throne
>>
>>160721590
she
>>
>>160721841
o deer
>>
File: 1467674180897.gif (207KB, 261x288px) Image search: [Google]
1467674180897.gif
207KB, 261x288px
Is anyone else pissed off at Austin going full SJW on twitter lately? He's talking about how he hates being white and shit

Fuck, why did it have to be him
>>
>>160722228
This is the perk of not having a twitter. At least LISA doesn't stop being any less of an amazing series. Austin can go fuck himself, I don't even care.
>>
>>160722346
The perk of not having a twitter is... what? The news have been constantly reposted on this general.
>>
>>160722968
>guy that regularly uses twitter
>omg this person said THAT???

>guy with no twitter obviously doesn't care about social media
>who said what now? who cares
Tell me anon has your day been enriched by the news of this guy being an SJW? Because you sound more irritated than anything.
>>
>>160722968
Well at least I don't have to waste valuable time awaiting vapid e-celeb drama.
>>
>>160723071
No, my day hasn't been enriched by that. I don't use twitter either but that shit has been spammed here more than enough, so I was just wondering why you were pretending to be on some high horse.
>>
>>160723285
>pretending
I don't pretend anything
I AM on a high horse you fucking filthy peasant
never talk to me or my high horse again
>>
>>160723413
Yes, milord.
>>
>>160722228
No, I dont really care or think about it but it's a shame because before I would dare I say he's /our guy/
>>
I never understood these cult of personality things around gamedevs.

Why would anonymous care?
>>
File: 1430761828664.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1430761828664.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
What are you anons listening to tonight?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgoBFe8HB0Q
>tfw the full aloe island adventures album got taken off of youtube
>>
>>160718910
>Damn son now you got me worked up by your whole post but especially that last bit. I hope I can find that hidden faction.
Tip- work for Abram.

Joining Protectorate won't stop you from joining them.

Also, you can find siphoners in Core City sewers and in caves near Junkyard. Don't stealth, they jump out of the water when you get close.
>>
File: 1462574419600.png (324KB, 577x447px) Image search: [Google]
1462574419600.png
324KB, 577x447px
>>160721395
>anticlimactic
Well. Fucking do it then. Loop.
>>
>>160726168
story of your life audiobook, by ted chiang
>>
>>160726168
This Atari demo thing.
https://youtu.be/X_f73t7ySbI?t=40
>>
File: stinksalot.jpg (356KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stinksalot.jpg
356KB, 1920x1080px
what a joker
>>
I like little foxy games
>>
File: Flamboyant bonehead.png (36KB, 1355x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Flamboyant bonehead.png
36KB, 1355x1080px
>>160726168
The Undertale soundtrack (while I play Underrail)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtYwq4aBr0E
>>
>>160730046
Why would you do that?
>>
>>160730645
I've been playing Underrail for 50 hours and the soundtrack isn't fun anymore
>>
File: kenshiro.jpg (524KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kenshiro.jpg
524KB, 1920x1080px
I'm not sure if my character is joking or telling the truth in his mind. I'm a melee/unarmed only character but he probably says this regardless. Still found it funny.
>>
>>160730046
sounds like Japanese elevator music desu
>>
>>160730816
Why would you even play the game for that long, that's insane.
>>
>>160732239
I don't think he means 50 hours straight. A run of underrail is around 100 hours.
>>
>>160732430
Oh wait, I thought he said undertale since he was listening to the OST. Woops.
>>
>>160706391
Bumping this question.
>>
File: murderhobostrikesagain.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
murderhobostrikesagain.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
As much as I want combo/fancy footwork I think I'm finally going to have to give in and get dirty kick. CC seems to be too important especially against multiple enemies.
>>
>>160734351
Rathound King is one of the harder fights, you did good.
>>
>>160735617
Thanks, though I did sort of cheese him
>lay poisoned bear trap outside of door
>lay mine right next to bear trap
>get his attention so he chases after me
>close door so he doesn't see traps
>opens it up and rushes straight into bear trap
>mk2 frag in his face triggering the frag mine as well
>punch him a few times for the finale
Gotta love traps.
>>
>>160735865
You could also get 3 hunters from Camp Hathor to help you.
>>
>>160735985
I guess after talking with him you just run back to the camp and get the help? Didn't see the option while taking the quest.
>>
>>160721395
>he thinks he's beaten the game
You're not even halfway done.

For one, there's another ending with a completely different final boss.
>>
>>160736089
Yeah, you can get back after you find him and either ask them for help or send them alone.
>>
File: coreshitty.jpg (691KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
coreshitty.jpg
691KB, 1920x1080px
>already 2 AM
Can't remember the last time I lost track of time playing a game.
Well I managed to finish some side quests today, even found some good quality siphoner leather. Maybe make something out of that next level when I dump 25 more points into tailoring.
Tomorrow we go hunt down Abram, Gorsky, and potentially some info on faceless. Also hope there's a god damn crossbow/laser pistol merchant in this city because I'm tired of not being able to sell this crap.
>>
>>160722346
LISA, you mean that edgy garbage game? Yeah, "amazing" for sure.
>>
>>160737858
Lisa is indeed by definition edgy, very much includes garbage and is quite amazing, yes.
>>
damn seeing all this underrail makes me really wanna pick it up and play with everyone now. if only there was more time in the day. only have a few hours to play games and i spend them leveling in titanfall
>>
File: 1479231042567.png (1MB, 1082x864px) Image search: [Google]
1479231042567.png
1MB, 1082x864px
>>160739547
It's a pretty good game.
>>
>got my letter for feast of the winter star last night
>cant remember who my secret santa partner is
Fug
>>
I see people are confused to what a roguelike is.
The roguelike nerds even invented a new term for all your shallow action games with random order rooms, called Roguelites.
http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Berlin_Interpretation
>>
>>160721395
>he sat down on the throne
>he did not open the void of endless loops
>>
File: 0004-1278753441119.jpg (52KB, 285x254px) Image search: [Google]
0004-1278753441119.jpg
52KB, 285x254px
>>160722228
Please stay in /v/ with twitter drama.
>>160723413
Neh
>>
>>160729076
Post pics of Stinksalot The Fourth.
>>160729889
Name of the game? Is it a plattformer?
>>
>>160722228
Please stay in /indie/ with twitter drama.
>>
>>160739547
>titanfall
Nice, i play it with friend ocassionally. Shotguns are really fun. What's your favorite titan?
>>
>>160739547
I know the feeling, only instead of titanfall it's tf2 and college.
>>
>>160752041
The game is called Seasons After Fall
>>
>>160755890
Oh I already got that on my wishlist.
My wishlist is becoming almost as big as my library.
>>
>aim grenade across room
>throw it 2 feet
>blow self up
>Throw Like a Girl achievement received
Fuck Underrail
>>
>>160737858
There is nothing inherently wrong with being edgy.
>>
>>160756057
those are the best
>aim molotov at group of enemies
>slam it down right at my feet like I just made a touchdown
Jack is a fucking madman
>>
>>160751779
Posted it here
>>160714370
>>160714454
>>
File: 1347519042139.jpg (54KB, 340x370px) Image search: [Google]
1347519042139.jpg
54KB, 340x370px
>>160756057
>>Throw Like a Girl achievement received
hahaha
>>
The anime and seagalkino confuses me on Steam. I always click it thinking it's some indie game
>>
hey guys, i really like KAG (more than 300 houres played) but it's almost impossible play this game now. There is only one server available (EU region), connection time to others (US & Australia) is crap and it is important, and it's either full either very few people play . It is sad bot nowdays 90% of time i just can't play it. Please give me advise about another games with similar game mechanics so i could have any option (still do not want drop KAG, hope it will be on a row someday)
>>
>>160756754
What's KAG? I only find https://kag2d.com/en/ which I doubt you mean.
>>
>>160756057
Well, you did throw like a girl.
>>
>>160757028
He probably means king arthur's gold
>>
>>160756293
>wear good quality energy shield
>just throwing grenades at my feet because they can't penetrate the shield
>>
>>160757303
>tfw still haven't crafted myself a shield emitter
>just using one I found lying around in a barrel
I wonder how much electronics I should get before investing into the parts.
>>
File: shield.png (239KB, 310x789px) Image search: [Google]
shield.png
239KB, 310x789px
>>160757352
Found/bough shields are nothing comapred to what you can craft.

Crafted shields are extremaly good, probably more so than anyhing else you can craft. The difference is just crazy.
>>
>>160757543
Yeah I bet. Crafting is super good in this game. I'll have to look at the wiki to figure out what parts I should use/look for
>>
File: 1310611266816.jpg (41KB, 423x261px) Image search: [Google]
1310611266816.jpg
41KB, 423x261px
>tfw want to play underrail for the first time and bought half a year ago
>but also want to wait for the addon
>not much spare time to play the game twice
Hold me senpai.
>>
>>160757629
Overall low frequency emmiters are the best because they give just enough medium/high/very high thresholds to stop everything short of Aimed Shot performed by a sniper, while also giving very good protection against low/very attacks.

High efficiency converter is objectively the best mod you can add, it pretty much increases the shield HP by a lot woth no downsides.

Wave amplifer raises the thresholds so you can take bigger hits, but it decreases shield HP considerably. Using high quality amplifiers can even lead to nonsensical situations where your shield has 250 threshold against very high speed attacks but only 200 HP.

Capacitors make the shield run out slower when active. Not terribly useful, they don't run out that fast.

High freq shields with an amplifer can be useful if you want to survive sniper Aimed Shot (they tend to kill instantly if you are not a tank) but overall efficent low freq is the best.
>>
>>160757679
It's supposed to be released in early 2017, but knowing Styg we will be lucky to get it before 2018.
>>
File: 1478337713950.png (12KB, 639x301px) Image search: [Google]
1478337713950.png
12KB, 639x301px
Is there a spiritual sequel to Liberal Crime Squad but featuring a different political alignment, for example, Right Wing Death Squads?
>>
>>160759000
no but there should be
Liberal Crime Squad was great
>>
>>160757917
Think I'll be sitting on my high freq emitter for a while. It only has 365 capacity but I can barely craft anything better since my electronics is only at like 50~
Appreciate the advice/info though. Definitely going to craft one later in the game once all my crafting skills get beefed up.
>>
>>160737252
>hope there's a god damn crossbow/laser pistol merchant
Electronics merchants usually buy energy weapons, but crossbows are kinda hard to sell. Probably better to just recycle them into repair kits at this point. And special bolts are not worth much, it's better to just leave them if you don't use crossbows.
>>
File: 291650_20161121083421_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
291650_20161121083421_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is Pillars of Eternity obscure enough?
>>
>>160763441
Not sure if obscure but indie yeah.
>>
>>160763441
>big, well-known developer and separate publisher
Not really obscure nor inide.
>>
>>160757028
>>160757227
yeah, sorry. a bit tired
>>
>>160763441
no
also, make a team with 5 monks called za warudo and one rogue DIO
>>
>>160763441
Eh, it's not like there's a thread for WRPGs.
>>
does some1 know if the junimo hut collect truffles?
>>
Has CLASSIC GAME had any meaningful development in the last three years or is it practically dead?
>>
>>160763441
Even 7 Peso Sanchez reviewed it.

You tell me.
>>
File: angry-old-person[1].jpg (410KB, 1189x1424px) Image search: [Google]
angry-old-person[1].jpg
410KB, 1189x1424px
>>160765678
You know, this is something I've always been wondering about 4chan.

Why did /v/ never care about good PC games (not only WPRGs, but that is a good example), and why does that extend to the new vidya boards as well?

It's like 4chan's gamers have always been console-centric or something. As an oldschool computer (nowadays PC) gamer, I can say that /v/ never talked much about the games I hold dear.

Where my grognards at?
>>
>>160763441
>We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/),

It's cool. This thread is practically all the miscellaneous games on /vg/
>>
>>160767529
>It's like 4chan's gamers have always been console-centric or something
Because it is. Normies and younger children tend to be console-centric and guess what the majority of /v/'s posting base is? Young teenagers.The second you even mention 30 fps you get a ton of butthurt console players. They also false flag to make it look like the average pc cares about them. I'll bet you /v/ couldn't get past psi bugs to save newton let alone depot a.
>>
>>160767529
I'd be surprised if not more than a crowd of anons played the old Infinity Engine games like Baldur's Gate (and games like them like Arcanum). I guess they just don't know other exist.
>>
>>160767771
Yeah, well, I guess that's an acceptable explanation nowadays but /v/ has always been like that. I mean it, it was the same even a decade ago when 4chan wasn't overrun by normies.
>>
>>160767529
I noticed that too.

I also noticed threads about obscure PC games tend to include little to no shitposting.
>>
>>160769432
That's because they fall into archive after 7 posts. Not enough time to shitpost
>>
File: 316610_20161121132215_1.png (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
316610_20161121132215_1.png
151KB, 1920x1080px
I
>>
>>160773224
it's the other way around
most threads bump so fast and stay alive so easily because they have regular shitposters
You really think katawa shoujo general and life is strange general have been alive this whole time on discussion?
>>
>>160774310
That is a special type of fucked up perspective but looks interesting.
>>
>>160725001
I think the fact that no one replied to this post says a lot about /indie/
>>
>>160779536
what does it say?
>>
File: jesus.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
Christ on a bike I was looking for the prison not this loony hole
>>
>>160733187
>tfw you played and picked apart Undertale so you have 70 hours in
>>
>>160780989
Just so you know, there is an Underrial thread on /v/ right now too.
>>
>>160781653
The /v/ threads are usually just discussing the up coming expansion and end game things, I'm only on my first run. Half the posts are covered in these spoilers
>>
>>160781780
You do have a point.
>>
>>160781147
My friend played it for like 90h so I mean it could happen.
>>
>>160781930
It's not like I didn't play just to play through it again. It's just one of those games that makes me feel good. I haven't had a game like that in awhile.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (423KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
423KB, 1920x1080px
>>160780989
>proven trust worthy for putting down Evelyn
So I accidentally helped my main quest by snooping around in a random area, sick.
>>
>>160782674
>snooping around
Wait, Evelyn didn't try to murder you? Anon, you missed all the fun
>>
>>160782674
You kind missed out by finding the bunker yourself though.

You missed being chased by her while being totally naked and defenseless
>>
>>160753194
torn between scorch and ion. ronin is fun too
>>
>>160782832
Actually I didn't miss it, just didn't post about it. After I finished snooping around I accidentally found her in the house to the south west. Instantly recognized her name and decided to play along with her trap
>>160782927
>defenseless
anon my character is an unarmed specialist
I kicked her right in the vag then bopped her a few times
>>
File: vacation fish.jpg (34KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
vacation fish.jpg
34KB, 658x658px
Comfy fish
>>
>>160767529
4chan has always been mostly American children and American children mostly game on consoles. Years back the master race were so entitled they made their own imageboard with a /pc/
>>
>>160766635
It isnt real
>>
>>160766635
I don't know much about it, but the demo came out in June this year.
>>
Where are all of the children in the Underrail? Is pedosexuality allowed under any of the factions?
>>
>>160786808
>Is pedosexuality allowed under any of the factions?
Lurkers? They're cannibals and known to kidnap children.
>>
>>160786808
That's a REAL question to ask
>>
>>160786808
>Where are all of the children in the Underrail?
Lurkers kidnapped them.

>Is pedosexuality allowed under any of the factions?
Yes, lurkers.
>>
And so, Stardew Valley General is once again no more.
>>
>Path of Exile getting DX11
neato
>>
>>160788428
but where will I go to praise my waifus?
>>
>>160788428
Reminder that shou tucker would turn his child into birds and erase his wife's memory just to see what would happen.
>>
>>160788428
really? that game seems super popular and tons of playability
>>
File: 2a43sd56f45t3.png (36KB, 934x1013px) Image search: [Google]
2a43sd56f45t3.png
36KB, 934x1013px
Arms? Who the fuck needs arms when you're level 50.
>>
>>160793343
How did you get so high?
>>
File: sbahj.jpg (21KB, 337x294px) Image search: [Google]
sbahj.jpg
21KB, 337x294px
>>160793551
>>160793343
>>
>>160793551
>>160793685
ETERNAL WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP, BABY!
>>
>>160793343
lol
>>
what if plague k is a girl
>>
File: GEEEEEENE.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GEEEEEENE.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
>all you had to do was talk to Gene
god damn it
I've been searching for a way to hack those television post things that everyone watches for like an hour now.
Already finished the other two assignments.
>>
>>160793551
TOWER
OF
POWER
>>
>>160795823
You can also literally hack them if you've got the skills. There's a JKK ad control terminal somewhere on the city's lower level.
>>
>>160796743
Oh so I was on the right track, just couldn't find the control terminal. Do you get any bonuses for hacking it yourself or is it whatever?
Jack said I did everything optimally
>>
>>160796996
It probably doesn't make a difference since the end result is the same, right?

Congratulations, oculite.
>>
File: Carnifuckboy.jpg (403KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Carnifuckboy.jpg
403KB, 1920x1080px
>>160797127
>spoiler
I think I need to go spelunking and find that one guy before I'm whatever that means
Thanks though. Running through the arena currently since I haven't done combat almost all day today while doing quests.
>>
>>160798763
>blow through the arena matches like nothing
>that fucker
>1 shots me
g-guess I'll come back later
>>
File: cfx_l.png (11KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
cfx_l.png
11KB, 100x100px
>>160798909
#rekt
>>
>>160798909
Dammit I just got him down to 120 hp but my glove ran out of juice. Need to remember to reload it during his incaps so I can win
>>
>tfw quit playing Fallout, Baldur's Gate, and Underrail a few hours in because reflection on how I should act presented all these choices give me existential angst
>>
File: Carnidead.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Carnidead.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
>>160798763
Ayyy I managed to bum rush him with an incap into dirty kick
Should've worn a groin guard
>>
>>160800151
d o m i n a t e d
>>
Anyone know if Moon Hunters is good?
>>
File: 1471892134879.jpg (250KB, 970x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471892134879.jpg
250KB, 970x800px
>subnautica still has no female player model
I just want to float
>>
>>160800151
Last thread
>Unarmed is feeling really weak for me right now

And now you've already dominated Carnifex! That was fast growth.
>>
>>160711451
Welcome to the modern gaming world where genres don't mean anything and Diablolikes are simultaneously hacknslash, ARPG and whatever other names people come up with. Yet many other games are described with these same genres so you can't tell what the fuck is up.
>>
>>160800496
The sound track is good, if anything. Haven't played the game.
>>
anyone know any cute stardew valley merchandise? looking to get a friend a christmas gift, and this person loves stardew valley
>>
>>160801410
t. Eric "ConcernedApe" Barone
>>
>>160801410
Other than t shirts you mean?
Could use one of those custom plushie websites
Just send them a few pictures of what you want(your friend's favorite character) a plushie of and the proportions you want it
>chibi body with a big head to make it look cute
or something like that
least that's what I'd do
>>
File: Geneforge_2016-08-30_23-24-21.png (311KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Geneforge_2016-08-30_23-24-21.png
311KB, 800x600px
Any Geneforge fags in here? Good low budget RPG.
>>
>>160801753
t shirts are fine. i never bought video game murchandise before so im pretty lost.
>>
>>160801870
Check their official website
If their website doesn't have any then there's plenty of tshirts out there, just gotta google them
but a shirt is a pretty mediocre Christmas gift
>>
>>160801848
Vogel's old RPGs are great. Especially Exile/original Avernum series, but Geneforge too.

But my god, geneforge UI looks absolutely horrid when you haven't played it in a while.
>>
>>160801938
its ok, im a poorfag and this person knows it. we're pretty close friends, talked everyday for like 10 days
>>
>>160801848
No but I'm interested in the game. Bought the whole series on gog a while back, never actually played it.
>>
>>160801974
The viewport is still bigger than Might and Magic so it's not too bad. These games all look much better on a proper CRT though. I have a feeling all the people who claim high budget '90s RPGs like BG have aged graphically played the game at 640x480 upscaled on a flat screen monitor.
>>
File: IMG_20161023_134409.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_134409.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>160802192
aged poorly*
>>
>>160802192
Nothing wrong with the size of the viewport, but the interface. The awful, awful gaudy colors and the "organic" edges, which just end up looking randomly pixelated.

I know it's supposed to look like geneshaping essence, but it just doesn't work.
>>
>>160802089
10 years i meant. ha
>>
>>160802572
come on anon the guy made those games to pay his way through college, not win goty 2020
>>
File: 129497[1].png (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
129497[1].png
64KB, 640x480px
>>160802572
He did much better job with even back with the Exile series (and the first exile remake series).
>>
>>160802572
The layout is decent enough though. Still more functional than Fallout's UI
>>
>>160802894
True, it's functional and the looks don't matter once you've been playing for a while and got used to the eye-rape.

But my god, does it look butt-ugly.
>>
>>160802886
dat viewport size tho
>>
>>160803042
Dude, that was a game that ran in Windows 3.1. Geneforges are from Windows XP era.

Off-topic, but there is a modern FOSS blades of exile remake (swords of exile) if you want to run it on a modern PC and 1920x1080 viewport
>>
>>160803269
no excuses jeff
ultima 7 came out 4 years before
>>
>>160803445
Hold on! Ultima 7 ran in 320x240. Exile viewport alone is bigger, 252x325.

YOUR TURN, MR. GARRIOTT.
>>
>>160803710
yet exile's viewport is the same size as ultima 6's when it comes to tiles despite the resolution increase
checkmate jeff
>>
>>160803984
S-so what, that just means I have beautiful hi-res tiles!
>>
Has there been any decent Roguelites released recently?
>>
>>160800838
>Diablolikes
Diablo is a roguelike
>>
>>160804870
Stop triggering me.
>>
>>160804870
Only the first one really feels somewhat like the Roguelikes they were inspired by in how the mechanics work. Every Diablo clone is based of D2 which is all about muh loot and AoE spams.
>>
>>160804595
>decent
>Roguelites
>>
>>160804595
Nothing this month
>>
>>160804870
Had Diablo been released as a turnbased game as it was originally intended then yes it would've been a roguelike. As it is it was at most a roguelite way before the anyone ever uttered the term.
>>
>>160804870
urmom is a roguelike
>>
>>160800838
HacknSlash is supposed to refer to combat focused RPG games because of DnD but the console gaming lügenpresse co-opted the term to refer to beatemups where you used swords.
Oh well, usage makes meaning.
>>
>>160800838
Out of all the modern silly genres, "immersive sim" is my favorite.

Like how the fuck is that supposed to define the game? Just say FPS-RPG or something.
>>
There's no /wrpg/ because several WRPG franchises have their own threads. Fallout, old Fallout, Mass Effect etc.

That's what happened with /jrpg/. All of them moved on to their own generals.
>>
>>160806964
I wonder how long /indie/ will last
>>
>>160806964
I heard /jrpgg/ died because it turned into shitposting incarnate and the people who actually wanted to talk about JRPGs eventually left.
>>
>>160806964
if a /wrpg/ or /crpg/ were to be formed, it would devolve into "what is an RPG" very fast
>>
>>160807106
Forever, though it may change form.

There will always be miscellanous games that are too regularly discussed for /v/, but not big enough for a proper shitposting general.
>>
>>160807136
We need /isg/ for immersive sims only
>>
File: Daq1x.png (28KB, 199x284px) Image search: [Google]
Daq1x.png
28KB, 199x284px
>>160807278
there's already a website dedicated to shilling indie RPGs on /v/ if this general dies out
>>
>>160807170
The biggest problem with /indie/ and similar generals is a lack of focus. If someone comes in and says
>hey anyone playing x?
and nobody responds, then the guy will just leave and not post here again because he has no reason to
I don't know what it's like now but all my time spent in roguelike general had the general go through flavors of the month so even if posting and talking about every roguelike was acceptable, every so often the main focus would change
Thus everyone would feel a bit of camaraderie even you don't admit it and encourages posting.
>>
>>160807318
meant for >>160807106
>>
>>160807278
immersive sim is a retarded marketing term
>>
>ESTIMATED DELIVERY
>Nov 2016
Oh boy lets check those updates
>no updates for a 20 month stretch
>delayed til Autumn 2017
see you guys next year
>>
>>160807372
To add to this it's a lot easier with /rlg/ since they're free games and have no requirements basically. Like in this thread I'm sure some people wouldn't mind trying underrail but it costs 20 dollary doos and is a big time investment.

>>160807318
>an actual forum with accounts and shit
4chan has spoiled me with easy posting and general threads
>>
File: mahatma-gandhi-31[1].jpg (28KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
mahatma-gandhi-31[1].jpg
28KB, 600x500px
>>160807372
Well even if nobody replies, anyone is free to talk about their favorite indies. Maybe some other anons like what they see and pick the game up, leading to more discussion.

Be the change you wish to see.
>>
>>160807517
I bet you dont watch kino
>>
>>160807748
fun fact gandhi found black people to be incompetent
>>
>>160807517
I like it
>>
>>160807983
Well, they are.
>>
I'll post about PoE, nowhere else to post
>>
>>160808184
What kind of character are you playing? Never got into PoE/Tyranny
>>
>>160808073
I hate it because it doesn't describe the game at all and feels like two buzzwords slapped together. Ultima Underworld plays nothing like Deus Ex yet they are apparently the same genre because they share a few design elements.
>>
>>160808216
I am rolling a druid
>>
>>160807517
What is it even supposed to mean?

I've heard people say Ultima Underworld, Deus Ex, System Shock 2. So it is just first-person RPG?
>>
>tfw the golden age of indiegamebundles is over
>>
>tfw have 30 steambux but nothing I want to buy
This autumn sale better be good
>>
>>160808341
Some people call Thief an "immersive sim" so that can't be it.
>>
>>160808341
>an immersive simulation game in that you are made to feel you're actually in the game world with as little as possible getting in the way of the experience of "being there." Ideally, nothing reminds you that you're just playing a game -- not interface, not your character's back-story or capabilities, not game systems, nothing. It's all about how you interact with a relatively complex environment in ways that you find interesting (rather than in ways the developers think are interesting), and in ways that move you closer to accomplishing your goals (not the developers' goals).
t. Warren Spector - 2000
>>
>>160808280
>Conceptually, Deus Ex is a genre-busting game (which really endeared us to the marketing guys) -- part immersive simulation, part role-playing game, part first-person shooter, part adventure game.
genrewars btfo
>>
>>160808506
Yeah, bullshit marketing term alright. I don't see what that has to do with Warren's games.
>>
>>160808506
Warren Spector is kind of a faggot even if he produced some great games. After reading the old Thief 4 design document I can't say I have any faith in the former Ion Storm guys.
>>
>>160808184
Path of Exile doesnt have a general?
>>
>>160808683
No, the other PoE.
>>
>>160808639
A lot of these old "legends" of game industry aren't that great actual developers but just happened to be doing the right thing at the right time.
>>
>>160808184
are PoE shill/falseflag threads banned from /v/ now?
>>
>>160808639
>There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person
--Warren Spector

I still have hope that Underworld Ascendant wont be shit like Epic Mickey
>>
>>160809243
He's not working on it so it might be good
>>
>>160809243
>>There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person
Not just the press. Anons do the same thing. Hell, even some gamedevs joke about it.

I guess the answer to >>160725001 is that we humans are naturally inclined to form and join personality cults.
>>
Tell me about the game called... underrail...
>>
>>160810597
It's an isometric RPG that takes place completely underground and focuses on exploration and combat. It is erroneously compared to Fallout when there is no overhead travel map and feels more like an isometric single character Wizardry 7 than Fallout.
>>
>>160810819
>isometric single character Wizardry 7
I'll just go with "Fallout underground" because I have no idea what to think of that.
>>
>>160810597
You'll develop a fetish for goatmoms

Oh wait, no, it's an RPG with not a great plot but great mechanics. A real evolution of the Infinity Engine games.
>>
File: V2ZRN-WAYJN-Y0Y6K.png (642KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
V2ZRN-WAYJN-Y0Y6K.png
642KB, 1600x1000px
>Delver is a first person action roguelite dungeon crawl with crunchy pixels. Take the role of an adventurer that tries their fate in the dark dungeons (and probably dies horribly). Fight monsters, grab loot, hoard potions, and level up!
>>
>>160811864
Gibmeda gibmeda gibmeda goat pussi boss
>>
>>160812007
thank you anon! been wanting to try delver for so long
>>
>>160812007
Looks worse than UU 24 years ago
>>
>>160812007
everything about your post has triggered me, I hope your happy
No sleep tonight because of my fits of anger
>>
>>160811864
>Infinity Engine
wut
>>
>>160812797
he takes the descriptions from the steam store page
>>
File: blackcrawler.jpg (398KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blackcrawler.jpg
398KB, 1920x1080px
Come on, Styg
>>
>>160810819
I wish I still have my desktop. Would this game work on my garbage laptop?
>>
>>160814668
It should work fine on your laptop. You could pirate the GOG version and check.
>>
>>160814398
Is his name a joke or something?
>>
I'm just posting because I've never seen /indie/ before and for the past 5 years I've played all the meme indie games.

Recently got back into Banished and Factorio. Great games both.
>>
>>160814948
Oh man Factorio so good
>>
>>160814668
It doesn't only look like its from 1999, it also works on crappy hardware.
>>
>>160814771
The gang he's in is called the Black Crawlers
I'm just bored
>>
HEY GUYS I PLAYED LISA THE PAINFULL AM I PART OF THE CLUB?!
>>
>>160815809
Just don't mention twitter and everything is fine.
>>
>>160815809
It's better if /indie/ avoids becoming a club of any kind
>>
RIP general
>>
>>160814948
banished is great for a few playthroughs, then you realize theres really not much to do with it. or did mods fix that? i loved the game but i got bored after 30 hours. mods were not released at that time.
>>
what is the Death Grips of indie
>>
>>160820476
the what?
>>
>>160820476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6TUaHYhRjQ
>>
Is it cool if I come here to talk about Enter the Gungeon?
>>
>>160822082
sell me on it
>>
>>160819538
Mods do fix that but first time you start the game with them you think jesus christ and what am I supposed to do?
>>
>>160822140
Okay, it's a roguelite twinstick shmup with a lot of personality, that looks great and plays even greater. tons of guns, basic shit like an AK and then goofy shit like a pillow, good roguelike elements. great looking art assets and cute, gun based enemies. lots of referential humour but not memetastic.
>>
>>160822082
talk about any game here. im interested in that game actually, looks pretty neat. is it fun?
>>160822232
what kinda mods are there? besides better graphics and textures and stuff, what kinda gameplay altering stuff is around now?
>>
>>160822284
Colonial Charter mod and New Medieval Town is all that you need.
>>
Do you guys remember aquaria?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqY9mDOw-UI
>>
>>160822284
if you like any of the the genres I mentioned in >>160822260 then yeah I'd say it's worth your time. I like all three and I find it highly enjoyable since the elements all work on one another. Its great with a pad or M&KB and its a real challenge. I've never seen a roguelike with a more challenging first level boss than any of the three you can get in EtG.
>>
>>160822524
yeah, ill probably pick it up during a sale. is it multiplayer?
>>
>>160802886
Oh boy Exile, I loved that so much.

First batch of remakes and sequels was kinda lackluster, but re-remakes are quite comfy again. Damn I can't wait for re-remake of Exile 3
>>
>>160822559
It is not I'm afraid. I'd say it's alright for couch co-op "pass the controller" type if all if you are bad at the game but in that regard it's not as good as, say, Spelunky.
>>
Anyone playing Slime Rancher?

How's the new update?
>>
>>160822368
thanks I'll try those t. >>160814948
I had a good 40 hours just playing vanilla tbqh.
then again for the first 25 hours I didn't even speed up over 1x so it probably lenghtened the experience
>>
File: stardew.jpg (30KB, 1259x190px) Image search: [Google]
stardew.jpg
30KB, 1259x190px
>>160788428
Aw, shit.

Finally came to /vg/ to talk about this game after playing it straight since the Humble Monthly release. I guess this is the thread, eh?
>>
>>160822914
Go ahead.

As for the thread, nothing of value was lost, you can take my word for it.
>>
>>160822825
Just look somewhere how to have them both activated. I have a gog version and when I tried installing multiple mods I always fucked up. Then I pirated modded gog version and everything worked great, but it's in russian so it's no use to you. I think there's a load order like in bethesda games, something like that.
>>
>>160822368
wait is new medieval town newer than medieval town? do I download "Medieval Town version 2.04.1.0.6" or "New Medieval Town version 1.1b"?
>>
>>160823052
I can tell you in half in hour if you can wait.
>>
>>160823116
don't worry about it hombre, I'll just download the ones with the newest upload dates and hope they work. they claim on the steam workshop page to be fully compatible with each other.
>>
>>160822975
Stardew drama?

Guess I should check the archives.
>>
>>160823165
Only if you are partial to pedophilia.
>>
well this is fantastic. after enabling both the mods the screen just goes black and I have to alt-f4 the game.
>>
>>160823265
nvm a reboot fixed it. damn there's a lot of stuff in the game now, I need to read some readme files or something. hate it when they don't include a full list of features/changes to vanilla on the website.

too bad there's still no "random" button in the main menu for terrains and such but I guess I can just use an online dice roll or something
>>
>>160823189
>pedos love SV
Well, didn't expect that...

I thought, at worst, it would just be shitposting like the old Starbound general.
>>
>>160823348
>there are no readme files
>>
>>160822803
man I want that game, I'm waiting for a nice fat sale on it since the price seems a bit high.

anyone else feel like sales just aren't as good anymore? some devs just don't discount their games one iota even in huge seasonal sales
>>
>>160782674
Protip- during this quest, you will have an option to break Todor out of prison.

Do not do this. As cool as it sounds it's not the optimal way to finish this quest and will lock you out of the later quests. Find a way to prove him innocent instead.

You might need to break into prison to talk to him about details though.
>>
>>160820476
Lisa
https://youtu.be/SfbiGyhSz5E

The music in this game seriously does remind of DG. Fashionweek sometimes fooled me into thinking I was listening to some of Lisa's OST.
https://youtu.be/LEMHms9B4t0
https://youtu.be/mBvVHxp6YXs
https://youtu.be/OMlDLvA-nDE

MC Ride would fit right the fuck in, in Olathe.
>>
>>160828268
this is a spoiler not a pro tip
>>
>>160829530

>it's better for everyone involved to clear innocent during process than break him out of jail
sounds like common sense to me
>>
>>160829936
well yeah but games don't always follow real life logic, especially ones with storylines
>>
File: 1475979512255.jpg (141KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475979512255.jpg
141KB, 768x960px
>>160822232
ok so I started the game and jesus christ.
will I survive just by reading all the building names? are there additional mechanics, requirements, needs etc. that I need to be aware of compared to vanilla?
I don't want a guide to the optimal build order or anything, just a heads up if there's something I need to be aware of.

I have NMT + CC and nothing else, neither has documentation and the official websites + wikis are down.
>>
Requesting artwork of LISA in which Buzzo is cutting Brad's arm, painted all in color.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>160830785
>>
>>160831560
Neat.
>>
>>160828778
Oh wow it actually kind of does have that vibe now that you mention it.
>>
File: MC Ride.jpg (125KB, 492x416px) Image search: [Google]
MC Ride.jpg
125KB, 492x416px
>>160831648
Not even just the music, Lisa is just all about drugs and violence.
>You will never recruit MC Ride into your party
>He will never buff the rest of your party with the "NOIDED" status
>>
>>160830282
holy shit it took me like 30 minutes just to go through the menus and read all the names of the new buildings. there's like 40x more than vanilla. I really hope the they didn't do a poor job on the textures, I absolutely hate it when mods break the aesthetic theme
>>
File: Dash_Bored_MC.jpg (22KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
Dash_Bored_MC.jpg
22KB, 380x380px
>>
>>160834886
LMAO
>>160825284
Steam sales are shit and give the devs less money. Use the third party key sites that are licensed.
>>
>>160805584
>Lügenpresse
Jesus Christ please stop going to /pol/.
>>
>>160800673
I wasn't aware it had a model at all. Do you ever get to see that ingame?
>>
>>160835130
I use IsThereAnyDeal anyway.
>>
>>160805584
>Lügenpresse
Neat. Nice that they have a word for it.
>>
>>160835130
Can't the creators decide to go on sale though?
>>
>>160812851
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Engine_games
>>
>>160835130
You can buy the game direct too, there's usually better sales because they get all the money

https://www.humblebundle.com/widget/v2/standalone/slimerancher/fLzikDZexU
>>
>>160838192
I always recommend humble because for their bundles I can pick what developer gets my money and I get a steamkey+torrentand direct download drm free version. It is a very nice backup.
>>
>>160822803
I played it for about 5~ hours on release. Stopped playing since I couldn't find anything else to do. Probably going to wait for a few more big updates before jumping back into it. That game is super relaxing though, really liked it.
>>
>>160828268
I appreciate it anon but I already finished the quest last night before going to bed. Broke in to talk to him, went to talk to the chief since he trusted me now and then found his rifle
>>
Probably the most underrated game on phones.
>>
>>160840151
What's it about?
>>
>>160840447
Its pretty much a casual rpg.
>>
>>160822450
It's too old for neo v to remember.
>>
anyone else having trouble posting? i keep getting captcha errors or errors saying im banned, when im not.
>>
>>160839606
It's chill as fuck.

Wish it was couch co-op because it would be perfect for the non-gamer types that I try to get into video games.
>>
File: 120px-Talent_Pool.png (16KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
120px-Talent_Pool.png
16KB, 120x120px
I had a PC growing up but I never played any of those old Infinity Engine games except for Fallout, and even further back I hadn't even heard of Ultima or Wizardry. Growing up I was playing SimCity, Full Throttle, Diablo II, StarCraft, RCT, and Rise of Nations. WRPGs just passed me by
>>
>>160841526
I lucked out and played a lot of games (Ultima Underworld 2, Castle of the Winds, Planescape Torment, Vampire: Bloodlines, etc. ) because they were gifted to me by my dad or older brothers.

Be happy, some people never got to PC game, or even any gaming, as kids.
>>
>>160838443
Humble Bundle also gives you back 5% sometimes, so you can save the pennies up for the next purchase I guess
>>
>>160841526
I tried Baldurs Gate as a kid but dropped it because I preferred the PS2 version. Never appreciated it until recently
>>
File: ryujiali.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ryujiali.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
Damn I feel so much stronger with this combo feat
>hit them with boxing glove twice because of low ap cost and potential daze
>switch to metal gauntlet for the 3rd proc of combo
>>
>>160841526
Fallout is not an Infinity Engine game
>>
>>160838064
The IE games share nothing in common with Underrail except for perspective. Underrail is clearly inspired by Fallout and JA2
>>
>>160844780
>Underrail is clearly inspired by Fallout and JA2
Also System Shock.

It even has a homage dungeon near the end of the game.
>>
>>160844780
>Underrail is an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game that focuses on exploration and combat. It's inspired by western RPG classics such as Fallout, Arcanum, Neverwinter Nights and System Shock 2.
t.styg

He never mentioned Jagged Alliance 2 or half the shit people say it is inspired by. Also, it used to be RtwP like the Infinity engine games and the early character system resembled D&D more than SPECIAL.
>>
Is putting steel spikes on gloves any good? I imagine they're better against no armored targets where reinforced would be better against armored targets.
Also got my tailoring up to 86, pumping it up to 100+ next level up and going to hunt for some decent siphoner leather. Only downside is my usual black overcoat looks so much cooler
>>
>>160843117
I'm happy to see new players still finds combo good. UnderOldfags are bitter about it because it was nerfed. It used to have 100% chance to stun.

>>160845712
I guess the main thing with spiked gloves is that they trigger expertise twice, for the spikes and for the glove.
>>
>>160845697
> Also, it used to be RtwP like the Infinity engine games and the early character system resembled D&D more than SPECIAL.
Styg realized it's shit very quickly.
>>
>>160846102
>100% chance to stun.
Damn son that sounds a bit op
>spikes trigger expertise
What
That's amazing. What's the upside of regular reinforced then?
>>
>>160846102
>It used to have 100% chance to stun
It was too good.

I still remember fighting Carnifex back then.
>>
File: 1479799567735.png (397KB, 878x563px) Image search: [Google]
1479799567735.png
397KB, 878x563px
>Underrail talk inspires me to open up the game again
>no idea what I was doing
>no idea where I am
>no goatmom anywhere

Feels bad, man
>>
>>160846281
Reinforced gloves deal more damage per hit; it's better against armor thresholds.

Spiked gloves hit twice and the spike damage is anemic against anything armored so it's only good with expertise.
>>
>>160841526
diablo 2 is pretty much an rpg, just not a d&d game
>>
File: ferility.jpg (75KB, 641x355px) Image search: [Google]
ferility.jpg
75KB, 641x355px
unf
that's a pretty thicc figurine
>>
Is our character getting more and more cynical as the game goes on?
These responses are great
>>
File: wow.jpg (515KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
515KB, 1920x1080px
>>160851028
oops forgot pic
>>
File: nov22.jpg (98KB, 697x607px) Image search: [Google]
nov22.jpg
98KB, 697x607px
new bundle
>>
>>160851417
>legend of grimrock
not bad
Grim Dawn is apparently pretty good too
>>
>>160849903
L-lewd
>>
File: 20161122200432_1.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161122200432_1.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw first arena fight on a pacifist run
Guess I'm just gonna act as a human shield and flashbang/taser the shit out of everything hoping my allies do all the work.
>>
>>160851534
Grim Dawn is great, got it on the halloween sale.
>>
does anyone still play that fucking shitty indie pixel bullet hell mmo?

i need a guild ;_;
>>
File: 20161122201655_1.jpg (401KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161122201655_1.jpg
401KB, 1920x1080px
Survived just barely, didn't kill a single thing.

I also managed to loot the ancient rathound corpse before the end of a fight.
>>
>Rock of Ages gets an update.
What? Appearently they're trying to find out what the most useful units are for some reason.
>>
>>160852697
>I also managed to loot the ancient rathound corpse before the end of a fight.
rip
The other contestants are actually pretty strong offensive wise. I was letting them kill everything while I looted
also don't know if it's on average but the rathound leather I got from the arena was 100+
>>
>>160851534
grim dawns fun, especially if you like grindy ARPGS like diablo/titan quest. it just got some cheap DLC, and is getting another free DLC soon
>>
>>160853212
>spoiler
Yeah, that seems to be average-ish. Too bad nobody knows what the actual quality ranges for monster parts are.
>>
What happens if you persuade Abram to talk about his cough?
>>
>>160851417
I haven't even started the first grimrock yet.
>>
>>160855710
He shows you why he has it and explains how he got it.
>>
>>160851417
Always been interested in the lore of The Secret World but MMOs are an anathema to me. Is it worth it for a non-MMO guy?

How much grind/grouping do you actually need to enjoy It?
>>
>won only 2 arena fights, rathounds and psi beetles
>all oligarchs are already offering me a job
What the hell, I though arena fights are mandatory

Fuck, I killed 5 psi beetles even though I didn't need to then. Sucks.
>>
>>160859425
Most of the content can be played solo, there's lots of lore.

Combat is bare bones, nothing really complex about it.

Quests are varied, some quests involve looking up things using the in game browser. Other quests involve stealth, or collect x amount of items.

Groups are usually only needed for bosses in areas.
>>
>>160859425
it's basically a single player game
lots of clue finding and stuff you need to figure out on your own
>>
How long does the super steel crafting process take? Tried googling it for no answer and Bernard doesn't tell you either.
>>
>>160860113
Wiki says 40 minutes.
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bernard
>>
>>160860313
Thanks
is save scumming acceptable to get the quality you want? because 3k a piece is a bit much
Going to just tab out and do other things while waiting
>>
>>160860453
>is save scumming acceptable to get the quality you want?
No. The quality is determined when you pay for them, not when you come back to take them.

So savescumming isn't even possible unless you wait 40 minutes after each try.
>>
>>160860453
It's not like you have anything else to waste all those charons on. I usually spend 27k on supersteel per playthrough, that gets you 9 plates with 3 smelting sessions.
>>
>>160860971
Damn that's a lot of dosh. I'm not even looking for the best quality shit since I doubt I'll get that high tailoring due to maxing dodge/evasion/melee and wanting 130 hacking. Just something I can make some good siphoner leather armor/tabi boots with
Only have 11k right now, spent 6k of it on plates. Gonna wait and see what I get.
>>
>>160861295
I usually make siphoner tabis out of lowest quality plate I get since all I care about is their immunity to immobilization.

If you are not going to max tailoring even medicore plates will do, doubt you would be able to craft with the best possible plates.
>>
>>160862050
>tfw my plates came out 134 and 125 quality

>If you are not going to max tailoring even medicore plates will do, doubt you would be able to craft with the best possible plates.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. No way I'll be able to max tailoring while getting hacking/lockpicking up and the 3 combat stats. Not mentioning mechanics for gloves and electronics for shield emitter.
>>
>>160861295
Well it's not that much money unless you're into interior decoration

Charons just pile up over time, the quest rewards alone are pretty significant and you can easily sell some high-value loot.
>>
>>160862412
>you can easily sell some high-value loot
I've been doing that every chance I get but either nobody is interested or they run out of charons
>>
>>160840151
>phones
....you know what, it doesn't look like ass AND it doesn't look like it'll drain my battery. Maybe I'll give it a shot
>>
>>160862495
I mostly sell repair kits, electronics, leftover drugs and repaired guns. When armories run out of money, you can buy bullets or blueprints and resell those elsewhere for more dosh.
>>
>>160863318
>you can buy bullets or blueprints and resell those elsewhere for more dosh.
damn that's pretty smart, didn't think of that
I need to start scrapping things and making repair kits myself
>>
>>160865413
There are often general stores near armories. They don't buy much, but bullets are always in demand. In Core City there's one literally right next to the gun shop. Buy bullets, walk next door, profit.
>>
>>160840151
>>160863039
is it free?
>>
File: 9DK26-RJD24-IN8KC.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
9DK26-RJD24-IN8KC.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>“Deep Dungeons of Doom is a dungeon-crawler, but with most of the frustrating bits taken out, and with the onus on instant gratification.”
>“'Pacey and immediate, Deep Dungeons of Doom offers no-frills, retro-themed fantasy fun.'”
It's a PC port of an iOS game.
>>
>>160863039
Have you tried Pixel Dungeon?

Pretty nice roguelike, probably the best phone game I ever played. It's free, too.
>>
>>160869431
Seems pretty fun, thanks anonymous gifter of games!
>>
>>160869814
What's the creator's name? There are a ton of knockoffs with the same logo.
>>
File: fireball.png (95KB, 540x888px) Image search: [Google]
fireball.png
95KB, 540x888px
>>160870776
Watabou.
>>
>>160863039
could try hoplite
pretty good roguelike
>>
Anyone have a link to the Valkyria Chronicles Complete Works PDF?
>>
File: 1418691111080.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1418691111080.png
19KB, 512x323px
>walking through sewers near docks
>siphoner jumps out
>get legit spooked and gasp
>"fucking hell I'm not used to shit suddenly popping up in this game"
>kill it and start moving along
>few paces later another one pops out
>I get spooked again
god dammit I'm not good with horror games
>>
>>160872146
Based. I've been only relying on Sudoku for months for when I'm bored.
>>
>>160851417
Meh. I think I'll gamble on the monthly since I wanted Dragons Dogma anyway
>>
>>160877040
it's pretty likely dragon's dogma will go on sale on steam
autumn sale is in 1-2 days I think
>>
>craft infused siphoner leather armor
>great dodge and evasion stats on it
>doesn't look like my cool black overcoat
suffering
>>
>>160869431
>instant gratification
disgusting
>>
>>160877040
humble monthly is a pretty great deal. even if you dont get something you want, you can swap the keys for something else. the value is always $100+. check out the previous monthlies
>>
>>160869814
yeah I did. Spent waaaay too much time on that one.

I mean, it was a perfect fit in the sense that I didn't have time for full Nethack complexity, but once you brush the limits of the game it REALLY feels limited.
>>
File: Zaman.jpg (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zaman.jpg
530KB, 1920x1080px
Exploring the sewers was a mistake
>almost get killed by three crawlers in that one really dark area where there's a fucking three eye'd human skull
>now this psycho
>>
File: CLAW.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CLAW.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>160883752
Fuck me, never mind.
First I find a high quality reinforced pneumatic steel glove in some random barrel and now this beast? I should live down here
>>
>this truly is the Darkest Dungeon

Jesus Christ, seriously?
>>
File: Shit was so cash.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shit was so cash.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>"Your mission is to infiltrate Environmental Station Alpha."

Are you kidding me?
>>
>>160890168
What's the problem? Sounds neat.
>>
>>160890595
It's a tired /tv/ meme about characters saying a film's title in the script.
>>
Is this where we talk about Suikoden? If so, started playing V last week and I've been joying it a lot. Story and Characters are pretty interesting. Gameplay seems to have nice variety. Started out with (easy) turn-based battles, but there's also little neat pseudo-RTS segments I found later in the game. Difficultly spike is sudden when you lose current party members for awhile, but overall the experience has been very positive. As for my progression, I've made it about as far as going to rescue a tactician from prison for my recature of the Sun Palace.
>>
What do I do with Lake Mushrooms?
>>
>>160891470
It's been forever since I played Suikoden V, but I remember liking it.
Have you played 3 or 4? How are those? I never got around to them.
>>
>>160891601
V is my first Suikoden. Apparently it's the best one so I started with it. Haven't touched the others yet and won't for awhile until I've completed V.
>>
>>160890168
>What is there an environmental station beta?
>>
>tfw stuck at Elwoods house because Sentry Bots detect me through walls and I cant get into vents
>>
>>160891346
Oh, heh.
>>
>>160892071
I was able to end combat eventually. Must have been a bug
>>
File: dirtytom.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dirtytom.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
>suicide
>by shooting himself 5 times in the head
What an unfortunate suicide...

>>160892778
No that's just how ending combat works for some reason. At least with bots/turrets I've noticed. Need to spend a few turns out of sight or stealthed before it lets you end combat
>>
File: 2016-11-22 09.12.47-1.jpg (338KB, 696x799px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-22 09.12.47-1.jpg
338KB, 696x799px
His smile and optimism: gone
>>
>>160892778
>>160893000
If an enemy pulls you into combat mode, you can't end combat right away.

But if it can't get to you within few turns, it gives up and you can end combat.
>>
>>160891470
>Is this where we talk about Suikoden?
I don't see why not
I'm guilty of not having played the games though
>>
File: 1395502385208.png (121KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
1395502385208.png
121KB, 900x950px
>>160893486
Literally who?
>>
Depot A is to strong for me
What do I even do.
>>
>>160894057
Karbonic
>>
>>160862412
oh god you were right about interior decoration
>>
>>160894312
What are you having trouble with and what's your build?
>>
Having trouble with muties as I miss them 90% of the time and barely scratch them so they gang up on me and kill me in 2 turns or less.

I thought a high strength/high agility melee build would be a good idea
>>
>>160895653
If you can't fight them directly then don't. Use traps, throwables, or sneak past them.
>>
So what did Omega do that escalated into their being wiped out
>>
>>160846410
Kek
>>
>>160898931
I bet Gorsky just wanted to kill them.
>>
>>160878650
I know that feeling, sadly tac vets are pretty much useless because energy shields are more than enough to protect you from firearms.

Unless you make an anti-rifle one but those are heavy as fuck, around 60% penalty.
>>
>>160891550
Nothing.
>>
File: underrail.jpg (10KB, 275x105px) Image search: [Google]
underrail.jpg
10KB, 275x105px
Dammit underrail
>>
>>160902502
literally me my east coast brother. Time to sleep
>>
File: Israel plays games.png (105KB, 400x419px) Image search: [Google]
Israel plays games.png
105KB, 400x419px
>snipe once
>snipe twice
>run away
>stealth
>repeat

I love sniping in Underrail.
>>
>>160902574
Sleep tight anon
>>
>>160902612
>snipe once
>out of action points
>you weren't even really that far away (at max range) so enemies run up and slam dunk you anyhow
>>
>>160902502
man I gotta buy this game
>>
>>160904000
Well anon of trips, you're in luck
Steam sale soon
If it's a 50% off I might give away a few copies here
>>
>>160904349
yeah we're getting a thanksgiving sale aren't we!

I do not understand American customs, but I sure as hell am thankful for them!
>>
File: sa34d56f.png (4KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
sa34d56f.png
4KB, 328x328px
You people do not learn. You suck, I rule.
>>
>>160902790
>>snipe once
>>out of action points
That's why you should be using a Spearhead with a Rapid Reloader, costs only 24 AP to shoot. Or a unique Dragunov, costs 25.

Or any other sniper rifle in 7.62 a d without a bipod, those cost 35 AP, just enough to shoot twice if you take adrenaline/Blitz.

>>you weren't even really that far away (at max range) so enemies run up and slam dunk you anyhow
You already took care of 2 guys, at least one if you missed. There shouldn't be many of them running at you, you can easily kite or flashbang/kneecap shot/caltrops/etc. them.
>>
>>160904349
>>160904453
another sale? is there gonna be a winter sale as well?
>>
>>160907032
we didn't get a Tuesday deal yesterday like we usually do, which is a dead giveaway of an inbound sale

they did this last year, thanksgiving sale then a Christmas sale
>>
Some of the clickers you guys suggested were mega ass. I guess that was to be expected because they're fucking clickers.

Megami Quest is pretty tight, though (as far as clickers go...)
>>
>>160911514
*Megami Quest 2

Dunno how good or bad the first one is.
>>
I for one welcome our new Underrail overlords.
>>
File: THAT1.png (434KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
THAT1.png
434KB, 552x414px
What are your favorite portal-like first person puzzlers?
>>
>>160915226
Hexcells
>>
>wake up
>no sale yet
Welp
>>
>>160919963
It always starts in 3 hours like every daily deal.
>>
>>160919963
6pm GMT, and get into the thanksgiving spirit!
>>
Anyone looking forward to specific games potentially going on sale?
Not sure if I should just wait till Christmas
>>
>>160925869
Creeper World
Cursed Castilla
Hiiro
and a number of turn-based strategy games
>>
22 minutes
>>
>>160928632
22 minutes?
>>
>underrail 50% off

>>160927104
Ey you're in luck

>>160930110
Autumn steam seal
>>
>>160930110
MINUS 7 MINUTES
>>
File: underrail_by_jbdganikun-d9xjhwe.jpg (290KB, 1024x1233px) Image search: [Google]
underrail_by_jbdganikun-d9xjhwe.jpg
290KB, 1024x1233px
reminder that underrail is anarcho capitalist propaganda
>>
What games are indie nominating
>>
>>160932607
But Free Drones are literally retarded, I don't see how that's propaganda.

>would rather see bandits slaughter a whole settlement rather than let Protectorate help it

>half of them don't even fucking know what are they fighting for, Kokoschka being the prime example

>don't actually help people, all they do is fuck shit up for everyone while Protectorate at least gives food around Junkyard and deals with bandits

>kill civilians
>>
>>160932912
I think with most movements/groups Free Drones started out good but were joined by people who just wanted to do illegal shit and get away with it. Eventually being taken over by crazies/criminals who don't care about Freedom.
>>
Marauder/Man of Prey is on sale for 0.99$

Its a jagged alliance type game, probably same engine as 7.62, thats very difficult and very buggy
The setting is Russia after an American invasion or something collapses government and order and the MC is a scavenger just trying to support his wife while surviving bandits and the local warlords.
Very fun game when it works.
>>
>>160933209
Or it's just Bate recruiting fuck ups on purpose to discredit the group
>>
>>160933450
>0.99$
>the MC is a scavenger just trying to support his wife while surviving bandits and the local warlords.
Sounds pretty cool, gonna buy it. Any advice/tips before I jump in later tonight?
>>
>>160933846
Nothing specific, just remember playing it years back, before it was on steam. Got so frustrated I never finished it. Maybe its patched now.
>>
>>160933591
Either way it doesn't change the fact that free drones are retarded. Gas the drones!
>>
>>160935360
Fuck off Gorsky
>>
>>160936227
Gorsky likes anyone who doesn't like Protectorate.

Nice try Trenton.
>>
File: 1434423389041.gif (1MB, 343x239px) Image search: [Google]
1434423389041.gif
1MB, 343x239px
Unarmed anon here that's been posting about his first playthrough the past few days
>mfw I just did the math on that one website
>with my current build direction I can max melee/dodge/evasion AND max tailoring/mechanics/electronics
>even have 10 points to spare
My dick is rock hard right now knowing that I didn't accidentally fuck up my build by putting too much into lockpicking/throwing/traps
everything worked out
>>
Buy anything good on sale, /indie/ ?
>>
https://www.theindiebox.com/indie-games-light-up-black-friday/

Buy 2 Collector’s Editions, get 1 FREE
Free shipping on orders over $70
Standard Editions – $19.99 (Never Before Released!)
30% off all clearance indie merch
Free Holiday Scratch Off with every item purchased
>>
>>160941873
>all games I would want a physical off are sold out
I need to raise my hipster level again.
>>
>no mention of size whatsoever
wew lad. Has anyone bought figures from fangamer before? How big are they usually?
>>
>>160943186
Looks amiibo size.
>>
>>160943186
"You can see their heights on the individual-figurine images, but we'll get those on the combo too. Steroids is 2.75", Robot 1.75""
>>
>>160944531
shit I guess I'm blind.
>>
>>160944747
I am too because I opened the individual pages and did not see that.
>>
File: Horror Double Rad.png (58KB, 539x607px) Image search: [Google]
Horror Double Rad.png
58KB, 539x607px
When is online multiplayer for nuclear throne?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vje_BHb2Gs
>>
>>160945205
There's a mod anon
>>
>>160945425
Are you fucking around??? Is there really a multiplayer mod? It's all I ever fucking wanted out of this game and it was never delivered. I still remember the excrutiating wait for an update nearly a year ago so many thought would improve the game dramatically.
>>
>>160945823
Not him but I think he means this?
https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/nuclear-throne-together
>>
>>160945823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1DZr4wI_Zs
Dude where have you been?
t's been almost a year since it came out
>>
>>160946318
>>160946404
Thank Jesus, I drifted away from the game after my laptop went out of commission and I missed it all. Do you play with friends or can it be random co op?
>>
>>160946643
I saw some people asking to play with someone on the nt general back when it was alive maybe some of them are here
>>
>>160947015
I'll probably ask around when I get a chance to play.
>>
bumpin
>>
>>160947124
Maybe I would reinstall it for coop.
>>
Am I doing this right?
>>
>>160953229
by the looks of it sure
>>
File: under.png (418KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
under.png
418KB, 1024x768px
>>160953229
>>
File: Barbarian_Class.jpg (36KB, 354x592px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian_Class.jpg
36KB, 354x592px
>>160953405
Looks like a pussy wizard build. Go for it if you want to dance around with dicks out and rainbow sparkles around you.
>>
>>160953405
Yer a wizard 'arry
>>
File: why is it blue.jpg (91KB, 791x371px) Image search: [Google]
why is it blue.jpg
91KB, 791x371px
Why is the leaf blue? It was the normal red color before but since reinstalling the game it's been like this on both of my machines.
>>
>>160953893
Can I get more strength later?
I read about heavy armor and stuff.
>>
>>160954379
You get an attribute point every 4 levels if that's what you're asking
You want to be a heavy armor wizard?
>>
>>160955150
Best kind of wizard.
Max defense+magic is my shit.
>>
>>160954114
Did you change any software or hardware recently?
>>
>>160955253
You're in luck, heavy armor doesn't interfere with your wizardry in Underrail.
>>
>>160955253
I haven't done that build unfortunately so I can't give further advice on that specific build, but there's a couple experienced underrail anons in this thread. >>160955332

Well there you go
Gambatte, anon!
>>
File: skills.png (17KB, 438x493px) Image search: [Google]
skills.png
17KB, 438x493px
>>160955369
I have no idea what I am doing.
>>
>>160953405
Which game is this?
>>
>>160955521
underrail( dot )info( dot )tm
Neither do I
Crafting is super good for a certain early game bit and then gets real useful late game, but putting points into all of them is sketchy imo
Persuade is apparently useful for high will characters since you get free points into it. Stealth is really fucking good but you're going heavy armor so that's a bit contradictory. Lock picking and hacking are both great. Traps/throwing help a ton with the early game filter.
>>
>>160955972
The one in the OP
>>
>>160940403
underrail, all the enhanced editions of the infinity engine games. bunch of other shit i have on my wishlist, so yes lots of sales.
>>
>>160955972
underrail
>>
>>160955323
New harddrive on this system, new videocard on other one.
>>
>>160958673
Could be something with an unfitting driver or maybe just corrupted files you could fix with cacher verifying.
>>
File: Shock Sucker.png (86KB, 287x305px) Image search: [Google]
Shock Sucker.png
86KB, 287x305px
Some small Steel Zeroes secrets, since I don't think I saw many people commenting on finding these.
And also because I haven't been doing much other than some maps for it, so not a whole lot of progress to show off.

> If you're fighting a Shock Sucker, it'll start using a attack that glitches you once it reaches 50% health, once Eva gets glitched, use the Talk skill for something amusing.

>There's a secret room in the mechanic shop.
>>
>>160956493
>>160958478
Thanks
>>
>>160932607
lol
>>
File: 1456807583457.jpg (146KB, 480x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1456807583457.jpg
146KB, 480x1440px
>>160959470
>mfw the secret room on my first go through of the game
I still never got an explanation for just what the fuck that room was for.
>>
>trying to fight the two lunatic bosses
Man this is gay
Psi is so strong
>telekinetic punch
>bilocation
>that freeze shit
>can't block or dodge any of it
>>
>>160954114
what game is this?
>>
>>160954114
Momodora something something
I tried it out after seeing that pic, is pretty much 2d dark souls
>>
>>160965570
Was meant for
>>160965570
>>
File: evat6.png (117KB, 275x416px) Image search: [Google]
evat6.png
117KB, 275x416px
Would Chapter titles be a good thing to add t DashBored? Like little title things that split up the sections of the game?

>>160959470
>He doesn't know about the REAL SZ secrets
heheh
>>
>>160965754
Fuck me
I'm too drunk to be awake right now
>>
>>160965845
Seems like a good idea, as long as your chapter titles aren't cheesy...

Do you ever plan to rework the floor tiles? I imagine that would be a rather large task if you did. Are they even canned assets? I forget...

Also this: >>160834886
>>
>>160965845
>armpits
I kinda wanna play this.
>>
File: new floor.png (25KB, 544x413px) Image search: [Google]
new floor.png
25KB, 544x413px
>>160966440
How are these for cheesy

>The Garden
>Undersyde
>En Route
>Leftovers
>Symphony of the Siphon
>Arrival of the Cavalry
>Forget about Freeman
>Betwixt Existance
>Vurrus Residence
>Nowhere
>Nash

>Do you ever plan to rework the floor tiles
I actually redid a few in the last update a few days ago. It' fair to say you'll see a few new changes to floors in the future.

>Are they even canned assets? I forget...
All graphical assets in DashBored are original,
I just improved over the course of the development

>Also this:
>>160834886
I won't deny, Bee Movie was a big inspiration on Nic's character
>>
>>160967642
>floor work
Cool, much better. Maybe it's only weird out of context / zoomed in, but the perspective of the tiles looks weird. (looking at similar games they also do that but seem fine, dunno what's up with that)

>chapters
Too many just describe places, which seems a bit weak.

>All graphical assets in DashBored are original,
Oh fug, okay. Dunno why I thought there were canned assets.
>>
>>160965845
>>160967642
i think they would. i really like them in games, but that may just be because dark souls had them and seeing them reminds me of my first playthrough.
>>
>>160968091
>Too many just describe places, which seems a bit weak
Any suggestions on how to avoid this?
which ones are specifically bad?
>>160968412
Cool, I like them a lot as well.
>>
File: 5049_10466.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5049_10466.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
You should all play Bat Castle.
http://gamejolt.com/games/bat-castle/5049
>>
So I've been playing Stardew Valley, and I went into someone's house. However, when I went in there, I was instead teleported to the vaporwave dimension. What causes this?
>>
So i want to play underrail as a merc/ grunt with gund and melee.
How could i achieve this?
>>
>>160968907
SUCC
>>
>>160968907
Browsing /mu/ and subscribing to Anthony Fantano
>>
File: guy.jpg (33KB, 341x455px) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
33KB, 341x455px
What if CLASSIC GAME is done?
>>
File: borktchort.jpg (326KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
borktchort.jpg
326KB, 1920x1080px
this game speaks to me
>>
>>160973842
*runs around doing the greeting protocol wrong*
>>
>>160973842
That whole interview is pure gold. I had do it like three times just to try out all the silly answers you could give.
>>
Reminder to invest in psychokinetics to fuck up robots if you're not using guns or bombs
>>
File: mysides.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mysides.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
>>160974282
you weren't kidding
I'm going to have to reload after this shit
>>
is there a "cookie cutter" build for first time underral player? or is the build not too important. can i wing it?
>>
File: Thronebutt was a mistake.png (87KB, 2149x2149px) Image search: [Google]
Thronebutt was a mistake.png
87KB, 2149x2149px
FHÖ'FAASHYN Ä "Three"
>>
File: 1479922199274.png (2MB, 937x6344px) Image search: [Google]
1479922199274.png
2MB, 937x6344px
>>160976723
>is there a "cookie cutter" build for first time underral player?
I think psi would be the easiest?
>or is the build not too important. can i wing it?
As long as you have a clear build in mind like
>I want to focus on crossbows and traps
or
>I want to nothin' personell people from behind
and work towards that while maxing at least 1 offensive skill then you should be fine. Crafting is really good in this game. Intimidation/Mercantile are useless. Persuasion is decent if you're maxing WILL for a psi build.
Stealth is good in every build except heavy armor dude ones.
Usually what you do is look at available weapons and all the potential feats by clicking the show all feats in character creation. Pick what you think is cool and roll with it. There's a build filter a few hours in that'll let you know if your build will work for the rest of the game.
>>
>>160977848
thanks for the info
>>
File: 1471887596993.jpg (275KB, 879x1674px) Image search: [Google]
1471887596993.jpg
275KB, 879x1674px
Not the usual guy but I will post a Killing Floor key if you show me those nominations.
>>
If you played Zero G Arena when it was free it seems you keep it, pretty nice
>>
File: 1475764728766.jpg (51KB, 412x630px) Image search: [Google]
1475764728766.jpg
51KB, 412x630px
Dreadout is on sale for $3 and its sequel, Keepers of the Dark, is on sale for $4.55

Indonesian horror games that are basically an indie Fatal Frame. Ive only played the demo and I dont like Fatal Frame.
>>
Do you need dosh for anything late game besides super steel? I want to start decorating
>>
>>160983764
Nope, those two are the only major goldsinks.
>>
>>160983848
neat
Built up another 10k coins since I've been recycling shittier guns and repairing the good ones. Plus bullet trading. Not sure if I want to invest in more supersteel for potentially better armor now that my tailoring is waaaay higher. Might check out how infused leather works with combat gloves too.
>>
bedime bump. dont die on me
>>
here's a bump
>>
I shall wait till the end of time for this game, and it will be fucking worth it
>>
>>160991054
What's that?
>>
How do I actually use a crowbar on a vent in underrail.
>>
>>160999048
Can't just use it on the vent?
Might not have enough str
>>
>>160982747
I am no fan of horror but I like photo safaris.
>>
>>160999048
Click it. Maybe right click it. Then click the vent.
>>
>>160999786
Won't let me right click it. I have 8 str.
I tried equipping it and attacking the vent to but nothing.
>>
>>161000067
I-is that a thing? I thought you absolutely need to go in vents from time to time.

In any case there's another item later on (I forget the name, it's a blue box looking thing) that lets you access vents. You can't accidentally attack with it either.
>>
>>161000164
Omnitool can do it too, but I have 0 lockpicking so I'd rather just bash them open.
>>
>>161000067
Try just putting it on your quick bar and then pressing that button on the vent or right click the item in your quickbar and maybe it'll give options?

>>161000164
Yeah but the omnitool requires lock picking iirc
>>
>>161000220
I wasn't aware there was even a skill check.
>>
File: crowbar.jpg (330KB, 1301x816px) Image search: [Google]
crowbar.jpg
330KB, 1301x816px
>>161000230
Luckily I was strong enough to just zap the three sentry bots after a couple of tries but I feel like not being able to access vents is going to hurt me.
>>
File: he posted it AGAIN.png (465KB, 1796x780px) Image search: [Google]
he posted it AGAIN.png
465KB, 1796x780px
>>
>>161000401
are you sure you have the right crowbar equipped? Because you have two on your quickbar and #5 isn't red
>>
>>161000468
I have two crowbars. 5 is just my attack command.
>>
>>161000510
Well I don't know then anon
this is one of those problems I've never had so it confuses me
Yeah crawling through vents is vital to a couple missions.
>>
How does UnderRail play? Is it like Fallout 1 / 2?
>>
>>161000575
Also I was wondering something else.
I attacked an old man with chain lightning and he got all sad. I couldn't convince him I didn't want to kill him so I just killed him.
Is there a way to spare people or drop combat with non-hostiles or something?
Had sort of the same problem with some hoppers as well.
>>
>>161000587
Kinda, ya.
>>
>>161000587
If you mean the combat then it's turn based with initiative and AP+MP system
5 seconds on a buff/debuff outside of combat is 1 turn inside of combat
The game is a lot more fun and polished. Story is okay unless you find the hidden quests, then it becomes real interesting.

>>161000678
Christ what old man was it? The only want to drop combat is to stealth I think. Or incapacitate them(like with a flashbang) and run away/hide.
>>
>>161000758
After the three sentries you drop down a hatch and are confronted by two raiders who have an old man with them.
I couldn't really fight them without hitting him too.
It's like the first time you really fight humans.
>>
>>161001134
Oh rip, that sucks. Could try reloading to an auto save and maybe doing the fight without chain lightning? I haven't done psi yet. He's not important to the overall quest there but he does give you the little side quest of saving his community's members
>>
>>161001209
I am saving his community members however every time the last raider dies my game crashes.
I assume there is an event after that happens but I am in combat with the autoturret as well so the game hates me why does nothing work jesus.
>>
>>161000401
>>
Put it on the secondary bar that comes up when you hold shift.
>>
I'm assuming you have to be in your house to get the work bench bonus but can you get all bonuses at the same time? If so I might grind another level to get some sweet custom gloves before heading down to DC
>>
>>161002923
>but can you get all bonuses at the same time?
Yes.
>>
>>161001453
Killing them without activating the bot crashes the game too.
>>
>>160999048
>How do I actually use a crowbar on a vent in underrail.

It's kind of retarded, but you have to have it equipped and selected as a weapon, but also place it on the hotbar. Then select it on the hotbar and click the vent. It will show the target sign.

Yes, it's stupid. I know.
>>
>>161003507
Damn son wish I could help you
Never heard of these crashes before
>>
File: soonTM.png (43KB, 1496x608px) Image search: [Google]
soonTM.png
43KB, 1496x608px
>>161003619
>>
underrail would be way better if it had kept it's old name "Timelapse Vertigo"

prove me wrong
protip: you cant
>>
>>161004014
Every new player would be too preoccupied with the name and be looking for timespace related shit
Underrail being the world you live in is much better to the unsuspecting player
>>
Anyone knows the mechanics of fishing? Or to be more exact, the mechanics of the fishing spots.

When you encounter a big body of water, are the tiles where you can actually catch something randomly selected? Do they "respawn" after a certain amount of time? And if they do, is it going to be the same tiles, or can it rotate? Are their fishable water tiles that will absolutely never produce fish?

>>161004014
But that would not be accurate. As Styg said the name change reflects the content. You mostly go around getting familiar with the place and its history, and time related shit is a very minor part of it for now.
>>
File: emitter.jpg (80KB, 302x795px) Image search: [Google]
emitter.jpg
80KB, 302x795px
>>161003278
Fuckin' nice. Crafted myself this baby. Only problem is now I'm not sure if I want to try and find enough oddities for 26 exp to next level. If I do I'd be able to craft some real good infused ancient rathound leather gloves that require 142 tailoring. Already finished all the side quests I found except for the gauntlet and I'm sitting at 4/30 at level 20
>>
>>161004245
Have you finished the Institute yet?
>>
>>161004314
Yeah I just got to the part about the head honcho inviting me down to DC and I remember reading somewhere that it's a one way trip so I'm trying to deck myself out before I head down
>>
>>161004363
Then beside genociding a few places you don't really have much option. I'm sure you missed some oddities, but finding 26 of them would be a pain in the ass. Just go down and use what you have. And don't forget that you can always savescum with Junkyard Surprise for +2 INT.
>>
>>161004579
I'm guessing 20 is a bit low for entering DC huh? I thought I was doing a pretty decent job exploring.
>savescum junkyard surprise
i-isn't that cheating
>>
>>161004764
Well, you could always just dick around for a few hours and buy as many of them as possible. You might still get fucked over by the RNG, but hey, at least you didn't cheat.

Alternatively you could use speedhack and put in-game time to something insane to buy them fast. But you'd probably consider that cheating too, so yeah.

Level 20 is pretty fucking low, yeah. Have you really done everything available? The Protectorate/Drone questline? Oculus? Smaller side-quests in the quest hubs?
>>
>>161004014
>Vertigo
But there are no high places in this game
>>
File: 1468321504162.jpg (138KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
1468321504162.jpg
138KB, 1500x844px
What was this game's message?
>>
>>161005110
You can get high as a kite on Motion and mushroom spore though.
>>
>>161005080
>Protectorate
yup
>Oculus
ayup
>smaller quests in quest hubs
If you mean like camp hathor/foundry/railroad crossing then yeah I've been talking to everyone and doing their shit.
I guess it might be because I never once walked to foundry/core city, always took the metro
Also completely forgot to go talk with Vera after tanner told to me.
In my quest log the only thing left not done is the main story and gauntlet
>>
Is NEO Scavenger actually good or just well memed?
>>
>>161005417
was pretty barebones last time I played it
>>
>>160968412
Dark Souls had chapter titles??
>>
>>161005287
You have missed a lot, then. Mostly caves, but also some other stuff. Have you even cleared out the big Lurker camp in the underpassages?
>>
>>161005735
I remember killing a lot of lurkers but I don't think it was the one you're talking about. Ah well, I'll just save that exploring for post-game.
>>
>>161005732
>forgetting that the first letter of all DS chapter titles spells the name of the game
>>
File: 1464509878814.jpg (417KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464509878814.jpg
417KB, 1024x1024px
>>161005732
>>160968412
I dont remember them in Dark Souls either, but I remember a mod that added subtitles to the area names.
>>
File: 1332741966249.jpg (21KB, 263x265px) Image search: [Google]
1332741966249.jpg
21KB, 263x265px
>>161005916
>look up dead space walkthrough
>check the contents
>whole game spoiled
>>
>>161005828
>but I don't think it was the one you're talking about
Well, have you met a guy who talked about which of your body parts would be most delicious to eat, and what kind of recipe he wants to use on you?
>>
>>161006249
Do you mean the butcher guy with the unique knife in the bunker? Because that was in the sewers and he also wanted to eat me
I'm guessing this is a different cannibal, so no.
>>
>>161006312
In the Core City sewers with the murder dungeon? Nah, that's a different one. This is a butcher somewhere more or less under Rail Crossing with a bunch of prisoners kept down in cages.
>>
I assume stardew gen died?

where can I shitpost now??
>>
>>161007142
not here
>>
>>161001453
>I am saving his community members however every time the last raider dies my game crashes.
That happens if the old man died for whatever reason, it's a known bug. Should be fixed in the next patch.
>>
>>161004014
It would spoil the game and figuring everything out yourself.
>>
Is 20XX the game that finally does procedural platforming right?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110
>>
>>161008857
Nah, not really. The title just wouldn't make a lick of sense until like the final 10 minutes of the game. Unless you go psyker.
>>
>>161008991
No
>>
>>161004245
Not bad, that's more than enough to carry you through DC. You can make better but it's up there.

>>161004764
>i-isn't that cheating
Well it's savescumming so not really cheating, just exploiting. I don't do it either.

But I do buy junkyard surprises whenever I'm in Junkyard and use them hoping for at least +1 INT sometimes. Seems like that's how you are supposed to use them.
>>
>>161005287
>>Protectorate
>yup
Take CAU armor with you to the DC.

Lots of enemies deal high bio/acid damage down there, it's really good.
>>
>>161009183
Too late
I've got siphoner boots/armor so I'll just wear a bio mask instead of balaclava
plus the CAU armor probably fucks my nimble
>>
>>161009096
You stop giving a fuck about feeling bad for exploiting when you are a fucking 16 WILL psyker who can shrug off the oppressive aura and one-shot Tchort, but is completely powerless against the might of locked air vents.
>>
>>161009260
No worries, you can find better than a bio mask down there. Just remember to keep an eye out for it.
>>
>>161009260
>plus the CAU armor probably fucks my nimble
Its protection would more than make up for the lack of 20% dodge/evasion bonus.

But you didn't take it so it doesn't really matter.
>>
Will I enjoy Hylics
>>
>>161009698
I'm assuming there's more types of tchortlings that do more damage and that's why it's required? Or maybe later on there's large groups
Not really having much trouble with 3~ of them as long as I disable/bumrush the scanner first
>>
>>161010541
No, just different enemies that deal both bio and acid damage.

But don't worry, your shield should be more than enough since all of them attack with low speed projectiles.
>>
>>161010906
Well I'm glad I took anon's advice about crafting a low frequency shield emitter then
>>
>>161011034
It was me actually
Also you don't really have to fight tchortlings at all.

There are hatches scattered all around the whole Hollow Earth complex, Creeping Dread can't reach you there.

Just enter it before you get 20 stacks of it, wait a few seconds until it gets away, get out and keep exploring undisturbed.

There is also a way to slow it down but I won't tell you how.
>>
>>161011310
>There are hatches
The one I tried to enter was blocked
Tchortlings aren't that hard and I can sneak past them most of the time If I feel like it. This place seems like quite a big area. Wonder how long it'll take me to do everything required here
>>
>>161011530
>The one I tried to enter was blocked
It's the only one and I think it can be opened with a crowbar. Not sure though.
>>
>>161011530
They'll just keep coming in infinite numbers. You really should just follow anon's advice and avoid them getting spawned. Shit will get tedious fast if you don't.
>>
>>161011910
>They'll just keep coming in infinite numbers
ok?
doesn't really stop me from sneaking around them
Gonna go ahead and play how I want
>>
>>161010516
do you like 80s mtv bumpers, scrambled random word dialog half the time, and surreal nonsense bundled in a photoshopped claymation artstyle?
>>
>>161012490
Not really
>>
>>161012193
Sneaking is fine, it's just slower.
>>
>>161012584
You probably wouldn't like it then.
>>
>find faceless outpost in DC
>they're friendly since I never fucked with them
holy fuck finally some clear direct info beyond speculation and hints
confirming some ideas I had feels good

>>161012687
yeah I didn't mean to be rude really, it's just that you were insisting on advice that I may not want to take
If I wanted to do everything efficiently I would be looking at walk throughs and not be level 20
>>
File: 1461256051819.jpg (122KB, 692x484px) Image search: [Google]
1461256051819.jpg
122KB, 692x484px
>tfw slightly interested in Bunnylord's dialogue but not interested enough to wait forever for him to speak
Why is the text speed so slow. Was it so stoners could keep up?
>>
>>161012959
That was not my intention, sorry. It's just that Deep Caverns has a certain... reputation. And usually the number one complaint is about the Tchortlings, so forgive me if I'm somewhat paranoid when someone talks about fighting them. Obviously as long as you enjoy it there is no problem.
>>
>>161013416
Nah you shouldn't apologize, you and the other anons have been more than helpful
I just get irritated when it feels like someone is telling me to do something. Childish, I know.
>>
>>161014734
Every so often we all feel that way.
>>
>>161013416
>It's just that Deep Caverns has a certain... reputation.
are you aware that you are perpetuating that meme unwittingly
>>
>>161017827
Yeah, and I regret it.
>>
File: alpha1x01[1].jpg (287KB, 1025x766px) Image search: [Google]
alpha1x01[1].jpg
287KB, 1025x766px
>>161004014
TLV had better title screen, too.
>>
>>161023316
Oh shit, that looks fucking cool.
>>
File: D8LpzVy.jpg (30KB, 470x509px) Image search: [Google]
D8LpzVy.jpg
30KB, 470x509px
>>160756754

I miss when KAG was /v/'s flavor of the month game back in 2011. Holy shit those games were the most fun I ever had in vidya.
>>
>>161023316
I miss the old main menu music.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s19rXCmL1Ikd
>>
>>161023705
Me too. That shit sounds like it's right out of Mark Morgan's best works.

>tfw old junkyard just isnt the same with the new music
>>
Heart&Slash is very difficult to play iwth mouse and keyboard, would not recommend it
>>
File: CyC_KAxXcAEVSWP.webm (3MB, 644x384px) Image search: [Google]
CyC_KAxXcAEVSWP.webm
3MB, 644x384px
Hyped/10
>>
>>161026052
I don't know what's going on here
you plant seeds to change the environment around you?
>>
What if CLASSIC GAME... is you?
>>
>>161029069
Can someone spoonfeed me the exact location of the demo? I had his youtube channel, but I think I was being a dummy and didn't look too hard as to where it was.
>>
>>161029349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzadxrooKHQ
>>
>>161029069
Is CLASSIC GAME going to turn out like Kanye Quest 3000- a secret cult recruiter?
>>
>>161029469
Is this really 480 MB? How long is this demo anyway?
>>
Can you return to DC in post game?
>>
>>161034359
Washington?
>>
>>161034771
Yes
>>
>>161034359
Yes, just take the elevator.
>>
>>161006239
wow rude

Remember I got spoiled in a similar manner for some other game.
>>
>reading through the computers in that apartment complex in DC
>most of it seems like idle chatter between colleagues
>start skipping through it
>Slavkovic's computer actually has relevant info
Shit
time to go back through the others in case I missed something that wasn't useless
>>
>>161041284
Very little of that stuff is idle chatter. I have read each of those things so many times I basically know them by heart.

But Slavkovic just might be my favorite character we haven't met.
>>
>>161041843
The first two computers I read seemed like nothing important, just about a party or something. Abdul/Maria/Slavkovic seem like the important ones I've read so far, especially Maria's.
Spoiler
They created the faceless there didn't they? That's what Otis was.
>>
>>161041998
Yes. Although you should already know about this if you have talked with the Faceless Commander. You are not on friendly terms with them?

Also, I hope some of the names gave you a deja vu, because they should.
>>
>>161041284
>>161041843
>>161041998
How do you guys even remember all that stuff. It's all just new names and disconnected conversations about this and that.

I got the stuff about dude, ezra and the mutagen puzzle hints but what else is there in those logs?
>>
>>161042324
>spoiler
I am on friendly terms with them and I did talk to him, but every bit of info confirming it is nice.
>names
Other than Nosek no actually
I am very bad with names in real life, don't get me started in games where there are 50 characters mentioned very rarely 60 hours ago
>>
>>161042379
You can pretty easily put together a who's who, you just have to pay a little attention to what everyone is working on.

For example Austein is mutagen research.
Parkinson works on the psimorph project.
Heltings is mushroom forest.
Dyson is Project Eos.
Slavkovic, Matveev, and Gavrilyuk are just visiting.

And so on.
Once you have this, you can start paying attention to what they are saying. And they give you plenty of insight into what was going on at the time, both in DC, but also withing the organization in general.
>>
>>161042538
Damnit man, you get more information about the best character in the game, and you are not even noticing it!
>>
>>161042721
I have awful memory for names and dates. Maybe I should take some notes the next time I visit that place.
>>
>>161043286
Definitely. I have like five pages worth of DC notes with arrows going everywhere. One of these days I should organize it into something more comprehensible.
>>
File: Slavkovic's room.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Slavkovic's room.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>161042721
>Slavkovic, Matveev, and Gavrilyuk are just visiting.
You sure about that?
>>
File: move.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
move.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>161043756
>>
>>161043286
more like next time you replay the game, I suck with names too
The names are meaningless by themselves unless you remember them from somewhere

>>161042927
Well this sucks, I just read through all the computers again and nothing rings a bell. The only possible things I can think of is
Parkinson is Ezra and Stigr is Abram?
Don't have a clue about any of the other ones.
>>
>>161043957
No, no, no. Dude, you just don't don't get it.
>>
>>161044042
Is calling me Dude supposed to be a hint?
>>
>>161044126
No, you misunderstood me.
>>
>>161044196
Well I don't know what you want me to "get"
It's not a matter of logically finding something out. This is pure information on whether or not you wrote everything down or have a good memory
>>
>>161043756
Matveev and Gavrilyuk arrived together, recently. Slavkovic is harder to say, but considering his rank, and that there is nothing to suggest him working on any of the HE projects, along with his general unawareness of ongoing projects suggest that he was not a permanent member of the place.

His work, eugenics, genetic engineering, test tube babies, and transhumanism, that is not HE. And the part that can be connected, mutagen experiments on human subjects, that was Austein's project.
>>
>>161044321
Good observation about Parkinson, but your conclusion is wrong. There were others who worked on psimorphism and we know Ezra's name from other sources.

And Stigr? Interesting. What did you base that on?

And finally, I wanted you to get that John Dyson is Dude. Don't you remember Dude? ;__;
>>
>>161043957
You are fairly close, but at the same time very far. It shows that you haven't quite understood some of the previous bits, which can make understanding these mails harder. That's why I asked if any of the names ring a bell. But it doesn't matter, just pay attention to who is described how. And if that doesn't help, you can always come back to DC later.
>>
>>161044949
Because Stigr had the mutations going on his face and probably throat, while Abram was probably mutated in the past heavily which is why he speaks the way he does
I don't know Ezra's name unfortunately
I remember Dude and initially thought that he might be Dyson but the only thing I was going off of was the fact that he got drunk at a party and someone called him Dude
>>
>>161045248
Nah, Abram got his cough elsewhere at a different time. You can ask him about it and learn what happened to him.
Besides, wasn't Stigr cryogenically suspended in Tithonus Lab?

You should listen to Dude's stories again.
>>
>>161045489
>Besides, wasn't Stigr cryogenically suspended in Tithonus Lab?

I have no idea my dude
>listen to his stories again
Once I found my way out of DC, sure
Also you need persuasion to ask abram about his cough
>>
>>161045248
You never asked Abram about his condition?

If you don't mind me spoiling this for you, then here you go:
Abram is not a person of importance. He is barely over 100, and wasn't even alive at the time these emails were made. Abram is a mutie, he was a Junkyard resident at the time the Depot A incident happened.
>>
>>161045552
>persuasion
Having the Doctor feat also works for that. The game is full of cool little things like that.
>>
>>161045570
Still bretty cool, thanks for sharing. I really like Abram especially after speaking to him at Oculus
When I get out of DC I guess I'll look around the world a bit more before starting my 2nd character where I'll be paying more attention to details.
>>
>>161045489
>Besides, wasn't Stigr cryogenically suspended in Tithonus Lab?

Yes. He is the one guarding the power switch, clinging onto his miserable life.
>>
>>161045754
Abram is one of my favorite characters, although I have quite a few. I just hope a patch or the expansion follows up on the cliffhanger the conversation with him ends on.

Also, it's worth mentioning that Abram pays you much better than anyone else did at Oculus. He is a cool guy like that. I wonder if the poor sod even knows that your recruitment already started long before he recommended you for membership.
>>
>>161046583
>I wonder if the poor sod even knows that your recruitment already started long before he recommended you for membership.
Wait I didn't even know that
did Azif mention something like that or are you talking about the conversation with Six ?
>>
>>161044324
I know about those two and their adventures, but I think you're wrong about Slavkovic.

facts
We know for sure he lived his last days in Caerus, although he moved in recently before the Hollow Earth incident. Anton also said Caerus had better apartments for apex technocrats - Slavkovic could've moved from those.
We know for sure his work was monumental to genetic engineering, he created and enhanced humans. We also know he was interested in what was going on with Austein's "mutagen tank subjects".

speculah
Therefore it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume he, or at least his work, was essential in the creation of Faceless, although he did not agree with Austein. And that shit happened in the Crucible, which would make Slavkovic a long-time Hollow Earth personnel.
>>
>>161046764
Azif said he's been watching you before you met any of his operatives. Jack Quicksilver is one of the first NPCs you meet in the game.

Spoopy.
>>
>>161046963
>Azif has known our character longer than we have
deepest lore
>>
>>161046764
Yeah, it's the conversation with Azif. Basically the very first thing he tells you when you meet him.
>I am Azif and I've been watching you for quite some time now, even before you met my associates. I must say - watching you grow as an agent and take progressively harder tasks upon yourself and then even executing on them in the most optimal way, with thought and elegance, was... not something I get to witness often.

Key here is "even before you met my associates". Jack Quicksilver should be one of the very first NPCs you meet in the game, and his quest probably one of your first side-quests. Which means Azif had been watching you before you've even joined SGS.

No wonder you can tell him it's creepy as fuck. And he just reacts with
>Oh, you've seen nothing yet.
Wew lad.
>>
Oh hey NitroRad reviewed hylics.
>>
>>161046881
There is not much I can add to the facts, so let me just add to the speculation.

He was concerned, not interested. He heard the rumors of what was happening with Otis, and wanted to know what was happening

He was very much concerned about the fall of Biocorp and his own legacy. Hollow Earth was supposed to find a solution for the famine, and it almost did. He probably arrived to get an update. Or maybe he just wanted to be left alone as his condition was getting worse.

But his work was different from the Faceless project. One of his test subjects was most likely Bergmann. And Ezra is strongly hinted to be another one.
>>
>>161047679
Jesus. I should not try to write about lore so late at night. That barely made sense.
>>
>>161047679
>concerned
From the emails it sounded he accepted the fact that biocorp would fall and his legacy be forgotten or rather that his legacy doesn't mean anything if he's dead
>>
Is it me or does /indie/ have a faster pace? It doesn't feel like we're dying in slow motion these days.
>>
>>161047894
Still kinda depends on the time of day. It seems like we're much faster / more coherent when talking about Underrail.

Need more long ass goodgames.
>>
>>161047020
The question is, who has known our character the longest? Azif or Tanner? And what made Azif keep tabs on you in the first place? He surely has better things to do than stalk some random nobody.
>>
>>161047894
Well this thread was made 5 days ago
just tactical bumping from a few dedicated posters
>>
File: eva tumbling down.gif (106KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
eva tumbling down.gif
106KB, 432x432px
>>161047679
Bergmann sounds reasonable although I don't know if there's any evidence to support that. But wait what, Ezra? How?

>>161047889
This. He knew everything would come tumbling down.
>>
>>161047889
To me it sounds like to a degree he even wants it to happen if he dies. He is egoistic, and for good reason, and he is having a pretty shit time coping with his own mortality.
>>
>>161048373
Well I haven't finished the game yet but
From what the faceless told me Tchort is a combination of biocorp scientists and a lot of mutagen or some shit. Could be he's mixed in there and not actually dead?
also whose fucking idea was it to give important quest items weight
in the last god damn area of the game no less
I don't even know where I'm supposed to be hauling these parts to yet. Haven't explored everything.
>>
>>161048285
Evidence? Not much tangible, aside from the fact that Bergmann had been selected for his position at the age of three. Slavkovic created humans, and why create humans if not for specific purposes? And Ezra, it's just the way they talk. The exceedingly polite way Ezra addresses him, and the way Slavkovic puts emphasis on the "You should know." and "i know you better than you know yourself", Not much. But if it was more we'd be talking about facts, not speculation.
>>
>>161048575
Just drop them into barrel until you find out where you need to take them. Also, you are almost at the end. All you have to prepare for is one, big fight. I'm sure you can drop sume unnecessary things.
>>
File: 137.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
137.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
>>161048878
>almost at the end
First I have to figure out this gate and the shit on it
>>
>>161048575
>Could be he's mixed in there and not actually dead?
Well, if that is the case that ain't going to stick.
>>
So is underrail that good? Sell me on it
>>
>>161049062
The gate is not a puzzle, you just find that shit and dump that crap in. But I see you still haven't been to the mushroom forest, so yeah, you still have a few more things to do first. And of course the mutagen puzzle, if you want to do it.
>>
>>161049185
This is going to sound funny considering the conversation going on right now, but if you are looking for an isometric rpg that offers very strong gameplay, a really good combat system and build variety, good exploration, but little in terms of story, then you should give it a go.
>>
>>161049278
>But I see you still haven't been to the mushroom forest,
Yeah I have not gone there or far to the south because I entered a labyrinth type place that spooked me
>mutagen puzzle
not going to lie anon I don't really enjoy puzzles

>>161049185
it's seven fiddy for 100~ hours of quality gameplay your first run and with the large build variety it's got replay ability
story is good if you can find it
>>
>>161049393
>>161049472
Sold, buying right now
>>
>>161049472
>not going to lie anon I don't really enjoy puzzles
Well, this one is a honest to god, genuine puzzle that doesn't insult your intelligence. Shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to solve though, so no worries. Or I suppose you can just skip it if your build can handle it.
>>
>>161048771
Interesting, it's a good theory. I thought they wrote that way because Slavkovic was so fucking full of himself and probably higher ranked apex than Matveev.
>>
>>161049693
Yes, that is possible. But according to his Oculus file, Kirill was the highest ranking Apex. Yet he still adresses Slavkovic with the same politeness. Of course it is also possible that Oculus is wrong about this detail.
>>
>>161049507
Have fun.
>>
>>161046963
>>161047020
>>161048078
How about: Azif lied.
>>
>>161050494
Naaah, why would anyone do that? Just go the Hanging Rat and tell lies?
>>
>>161050587
Probably because you're so ugly
>>
>>161050743
You're so ugly, you're making me shitpost in /indie/.
>>
File: 1423095613573.jpg (99KB, 723x691px) Image search: [Google]
1423095613573.jpg
99KB, 723x691px
>>161050796
>>
>abdul was chief of psineurology
>went crazy
Well now I'm really interested in who he is
>>
>>161046881
>I know about those two and their adventures
So riddle me this, if the two of them had differences bad enough that Anton had to reassure Slavkovic that despite it they both want what's best for him, then why did they work together all the goddamn time?
>>
Does the recklessness perk affect psi abilities? I'm trying to pick some good opening perks for a psi build but I can't see any.
>>
>>161051586
Nope, it doesn't. For psis starting perks are usually utility stuff like Snooping or Sprint, or Nimble for light armored ones. You have to activate your psi first to get access to the perks.
>>
>>161051586
How about nimble? Sprint? Pack rathound? Good universal perks. I usually take Power management on psi chars because there isn't much else on level 1.
>>
File: Elos1.png (136KB, 248x416px) Image search: [Google]
Elos1.png
136KB, 248x416px
I was a bit concerned that I made way too many female villains, so far this thing was the only "male" one out of the 6 main big bads.
So I thought about either going the r63 route on one of the villains or make a entirely new male one... I dunno... I'll have to look into it a bit further.
>>
>>161052030
that villain (male) looks fine
but more traps are always welcome
>>
File: 1.png (87KB, 705x467px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
87KB, 705x467px
>>161052101
I was thinking something more manly-looking actually.
Gotta have some handsome guys to balance out all the waifu bait
>>
>>161052481
looks neat
>>
>>160971784
>>161029069
>these single-sentence CLASSIC GAME posts that appear occasionally

I got my eye on you, punk

(if you're the dev shilling for attention, good work, pls finish, the demo was transcendental)
>>
>>161056160
>if you're the dev shilling for attention, good work, pls finish, the demo was transcendental
i see what's going on here...
this the dev pretending to NOT be the dev
well you don't have me fooled for once second mister
no but really the demo was great
>>
>>161056160
>>161056650
But has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>160967642
Oh shit my dude is this the new undertale?
>>
>>161058384
Karbonic didn't open a kickstarter
>>
What rough timing to hit 750
I hope we see the light of day
>>
>>161059083
no worries, i will make the new thread
>>
There seems to be quite a lot of you who like underrail, i even saw a few threads on /v/, you guys should make your own general.
>>
>>161060770
i doubt theres enough to keep it going. this general already has enough trouble staying alive, and underrail is discussed here along with other games
>>
File: 1480051349968.jpg (144KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1480051349968.jpg
144KB, 728x546px
>>161060797
I smell a pussy
>>
fresh bread
>>161061038
>>161061038
>>161061038
>>
>>161060770
We tried that the last time there was some buzz around it. Didn't work out. /indie/ is comfy.
Thread posts: 751
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.