[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 137

File: momodora.jpg (26KB, 569x320px) Image search: [Google]
momodora.jpg
26KB, 569x320px
Steam sale edition!

Last Thread: >>160697362

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 is live!

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
First for comfy thread
>>
Just bought Underrail.

How do I maximise fun for my first playthrough?
>>
File: concerned_otus.gif (8KB, 230x260px) Image search: [Google]
concerned_otus.gif
8KB, 230x260px
nth for buy Owlboy
>>
Any interesting, obscure indies on sale?
>>
>>161063758
Game is too expensive and too short and the plot is predicatble as hell. Hard to believe it spent a decade in development.
>>
>>161064556
the assets are absurdly high quality, I think it looks like it took that long to make it

the price is a bit much but I think it's because they're paying off Norway govt
>>
>>161064471
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265610/

epic battle fantasy 4 is a pretty solid rpg game if you can stomach the "juvenile" humor. its 4 bucks right now.
>>
>>161064828
It does look like it has very high production values and good art/sound direction, but it's still just simple pixel graphics.
>>
>>161065004
>simple

Metal Slug artists rolling in their grave
>>
>>161065350
S-sorry. I didn't mean it like that, it's just that pixel art is comparatively simple.
>>
>>161065350
pixel art is much more simple than 3d, anon.
>>
>>161065904
doesn't it depend on the level of effort?

>>161065674
I forgive you babbu
>>
>>161065904
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

3D has you create Models, how they eventually move and act is inherently abstracted from your direct actions. Even relying on real-world examples of expressions and movements can be hit or miss.

pixel art handcrafts every sprite, every frame that goes to the screen. You will very often see more polish and tighter transitions because of this.
>>
>>161066673
but every frame in a pixel animation is made out of a previous frame with a minor change.
>>
>>161068731
yes? That's why I mentioned polish: those minor changes can get really important.
>>
File: BTCGV-6X7PH-JDHN2.jpg (466KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BTCGV-6X7PH-JDHN2.jpg
466KB, 1920x1080px
>Card City Nights is an adventure through a city filled with card-nuts and lunatics. Battle for the 8 legendary cards to enter the biggest competition this city has seen yet.

>CCN is not a traditional card-trading game. It's an adventure game with zany characters to meet and weird locations to explore. In the center is our new card battle system that breaks away from the fantasy TCG mold with connecting cards to form combos.
>>
>>161072414
that was one weird game to watch someone else play
>>
File: i_feel_so_relaxed.jpg (34KB, 544x304px) Image search: [Google]
i_feel_so_relaxed.jpg
34KB, 544x304px
>old jonas said something about shadow crawlers showing up if things get too quiet
>thought nothing of it
>tunnel with no music, no ambience, nothing
>ambushed by 4 of the fuckers
>>
Underrail General
>>
>>161072414
Whoa I got it thanks. I loved Ittle Dew and the sequel is a guaranteed buy once it gets a decent sale.
>>
Gonna add health stations, which heal the player for free, but also are somewhat rare.
https://soundcloud.com/karbonic-1/health-station

How would you guys want Hardmode to be implemented? What do you think a subtle way of asking the player if they want to play hardmode would be?
>>
>>161064878
Back in my day, flash games were free!
Young whipper snappers...
>>
>>161075995
"Are you feeling lucky?"
>>
>>161076513
that game is free. the higher quality graphics/sounds and the extra content are what you are paying for. that game can easily take you 26 hours to 100% (more or less depending on the difficulty).
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/524850/
Playism continues their mission of puting paid versions of free games on steam.
>>
File: 1459922698225.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1459922698225.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>gang showdown
>leader dies before I can act
>reload
>throw molotov
>kill everything
>wait for fire to subside
>friendly gang member walks through fire instead
>now hostile to both gangs
>>
>>161078895
hahaha
>>
>>161078895
Showdowns, not even once. There are about three of them in the game, and really, the challenge is to keep your mentally challenged sllies out of danger.
>>
>>161079647
On my third attempt he got to about 10% hp but I was able to box him in with forcefields while everyone else killed the enemy.
>>
>there's an epilogue
well fuck that's going to restrict the sequel if he ever makes one
>>
>>161081407
Not all that much. Only one version of the ending slides is canon, it becomes incredibly obvious when you realize that if you pick the right ending it immediately invalidates some of your previous choices.
>>
>>161082056
I guess I didn't get the canon ending or something? I just don't know what I'm supposed to realize
I was mostly talking about how the epilogue said
>you never found out what the faceless medallion was for
Feel free to spoil me if you have the time or feel like it
>pick the right ending
shrug, didn't know you get to pick your ending unless you mean attack the faceless at the end? don't see why you'd do that
>>
Planet Coaster lived up to the hype. Shame about >Denuvo
>>
>>161082306
You can either follow Six to the North, or end the game becoming a councilor of SGS. If you pick the latter, your relationship with the Protectorate can change a lot, to the point you can almost completely push them out of the South, and begin planning to conquer Core City. However if you follow Six, which is the canon ending, even if you did everything in your power to stop the Protectorate, the South will eventually fall and SGS becomes part of the US.

That part about the medallion is not completely accurate, from what the devs told us it has a purpose, but will probably have to wait until the next game.
>>
File: 1460521830906.gif (92KB, 621x370px) Image search: [Google]
1460521830906.gif
92KB, 621x370px
>>161065350
Im certain later Metal Slug and SNK games used 3D models converted to pixel art.
>>
>>161075995
Havent played the game yet, but something that makes sense in the context of the game but you'd understand on a first playthrough.
>>161076683
avoid memes
>>
>>161082905
Oh that's what you meant. Yeah those are the endings I got. The endings were almost exactly the same for me regardless of what I picked since I did the Protectorate quest line
Obviously the following the guy would be the canon ending since it opens up to another area of the world
>part about medallion is not completely accruate
Nice that's what I was worried about. Boxing yourself in with the previous games endings. I don't really have a problem with the Protectorate at all, even though they're basically heading down the same path as old biocorp
But history likes to repeat itself so what are you gonna do.
>>
File: 1476225183527.png (232KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1476225183527.png
232KB, 420x420px
Not even one (you)
well take it anyway you fucks
Q25KL-I7Q9P-8RYP5
>>
>>161083351
Thank (You) anon
>>
>Have to get quest item in footlocker
>its trapped with a mine nearby
>no grenades or perception
>only solution is to inject as many drugs and tank it
>run up and survive the blast with about 5 hp
fun
>>
>>161083579
if there's a will there's way !
>>
>>161083296
Well, you still can bargain for a more acceptable position. Especially if you showed the Protectorate you do not fuck around, by doing the Gang showdown with SGS instead of them. In that case they will actually treat you as an equal, instead of just some southerner untermensch.

The two endings are really good at driving the point home exactly what Six demands of you to sacrifice. By agreeing to follow him, you give up your chance to influence the politics of the South, and the fate of the station that is your home. Unless you defy destiny, everything you worked for will amount to nothing.

Generations will come and go, but Biocorp is eternal.
>>
>>161052030
I wouldnt worry about it.
>>
>>161083812
>by doing the Gang showdown with SGS instead of them.
The what now? Do you mean with Gorsky and his group? The ending I got by becoming council member didn't seem that bad? More of a mutual agreement to join their thing
>and the fate of the station that is your home
Home is a strong word, we just got there a couple days ago
Also reloaded to see what would happen if I killed all of the faceless and kept their cube
fucking Six the nofun cyborg
I really want to know more about his background
>>
File: 271820_20161125183356_1.png (608KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161125183356_1.png
608KB, 1920x1080px
This game has a ton of optional dialogue. I keep pressing talk and new lines just keep coming. Even new ones after you battle them.
>>
>>161072414
>wait a second that "proxima"
>>
>>161084617
What game?
>>
>>161084186
Junkyard. If you assist the Black Eels, they will ask you to get SGS to help them with taking over the Scrapper territories. You can go to SGS, they'll do a council meeting, but unless you pass a Persuasion check, they will not do it. In which case you have to go to the Protectorate and get their help. Whoever helps the Eels gets into a better position, and placing SGS troops into Junkyard makes it harder for the Protectorate to put pressure on SGS.

It's the only home I ever had in the game, alright? ;_;

>fucking Six the nofun cyborg
Ah yes. I tested basically every possible combination for that part. Attacking Six before that encounter, never meeting him before the elevator, trying to hide the Cube or smuggle it out, killing the Faceless when they mindread me or at the gate, bringing two Cubes with me, abusing a bug to leave DC without meeting him at all, you name it. I tried it all. But all you ever get is a punch to the dick if you disobey.He really doesn't want you to get your fun.
>>
>>161082951
Only kof13 and kof12 actually.
>>
>>161084901
CardCityNights
It's by the ittle dew devs and I just got the key in this thread.
>>
>>161084908
Yeah I never did that gang war but that's cool.
Can you actually kill Six? I tried at around level 19 in Oculus once but he just whooped me hard.
>>
Fucking hell i already bought 3 games because of this thread today i don't know which to play
>>
>>161085149
Nope, he is immune to every kind of damage in the game. You can't even scratch him. Same goes for Tanner, although at least he was possible to kill before due to an oversight. Got fixed since then, though. Aliens are just way out of your league at this point.
>>
>>161085149
You should do that quest. It's incredibly fun to see Vera and Gorsky getting into a heated argument.

It even has an alternative version if you do that quest later, and Gorsky is no longer there to take part in the meeting.
>>
File: 1456799966538.gif (352KB, 461x338px) Image search: [Google]
1456799966538.gif
352KB, 461x338px
>mfw Nuclear Throne multiplayer mod
FUCK. This is way more fucking fun. I really cant get enough of this shit.
>>
how the fuck does fishing work in underrail

I'm sitting here watching my rod like a jackass and it hasn't moved in 5 minutes
>>
File: mansion vydia&chill.gif (334KB, 255x126px) Image search: [Google]
mansion vydia&chill.gif
334KB, 255x126px
>>161086008
wish there was split screen tho
>>
>>161086008
Who are you playing it with?
>>
>>161086496
There's the option of random hosting/joining so I played with all of two people in entirety. Made it to the throne with one of em. There's hardly ever games hosted it seems. Im hosting right now.
>>
>>161085508
On my next run for sure. I'll actually invest in persuasion this time so I get more dialogue options. Probably going to do a psi wizard, not sure.

>>161085371
>Aliens are just way out of your league at this point.
Can't say that doesn't bother me. But I guess that's the only way we could expand into a sequel. Regular bandits and rathounds aren't exactly a threat to someone of your caliber, but at the end of the day we're still probably human. Can only go as far as our body and technology allows. Also it's funny you call them that. I know Tchort refers to Six as a High One or something but does that imply he's one of the "Godmen"? Six basically called Azif stupid so there's that. I think at the end of the day I believe Abram's theory. They were just regular humans like us at some point but through extreme technological advances Six/Tanner became as powerful as they did.
The only thing that leaves me confused is the talk you have about Tchort with Six. When you ask him why he doesn't go fight Tchort himself it was something along the lines of Tchort's powers being more effective versus more intelligent/developed creatures. Which implies two things, you're most likely a regular human and Six/Tanner are evolved beings.
I wonder how the sequel would work gameplay wise since you're so strong now though. Either they'd have to take your equipment away which would be understandable in a few circumstances. Or they have to wipe a lot of your character's powers which would be bullshit and I doubt Styg would do something like that. Then there's brushing off older/regular enemies the same way you would right now walking around with a big shield emitter and high stats while the newer enemies are a lot tougher but your character can advance much further than Humanely possible with the help of Six.
>>
>>161086328
Not every tile has fish. If nothing bites after at most a minute, pack up and find another tile.

I don't want to tell you how long it took me to realize this, but it was not pretty. I even asked on /v/, but back then no one really knew for sure.
>>
>>161086660
Yup, hardly anyone is ever online. Rip. If only I was months earlier.
>>
>>161086760
Since you finished the game, I think you should give this thread a read. It will get you more or less up to date on where are theories stand right now:
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2260.0
>>
>>161086770
well so far every fucking tile I try isn't doing anything, am I supposed to buy a shitload of rods and mount them all along the river together?
>>
>>161087425
Where are you trying? There are some lakes that simply don't have fish whatsoever.
>>
>>161087850
the one area outside the building where newton is found
>>
File: 271820_20161125194014_1.png (911KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161125194014_1.png
911KB, 1920x1080px
This guy, or should I say fine gentleman.
>>
>>161086920
>reading through this
>go back to Oculus to check the terminal for myself
Oh
Well now the Anton/Ezra comparison is pretty obvious
>>
File: fishing.webm (785KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fishing.webm
785KB, 1024x768px
>>161088114
I remember going through that map once, and only 3 tiles produced any fish for me. I think it's random, but I'm not sure about the exact mechanics. The only thing I know for sure is that a tile that doesn't work now, isn't going to work no matter how many times you try or how long you wait.

Try this place, it almost always works for me.
>>
>>161088826
See? The information was always there, you just had to find it and realize its significance. Man, I love this game so much.
>>
>>161089275
Yeah but you gotta understand, this is the first good game I've played in a long time. I didn't come into it expecting anything special. Most game have lots of useless filler and very obvious in your face story. It's been years since I've actually had to read through a lot of text to make connections. It's really well done in this game.
Yesterday when I was confused and had trouble to connecting him to someone specifically the only thing I could remember was the talk in the depot a with the immortal guy about the biocorp scientists appearance and that Ezra knew a lot about psimorphs
Don't think I bothered reading through everything on oculus terminal at the time, which was the concrete link I was missing
>>
>>161089064

>bandicam
>>
>>161089064
>it's the anon impressed by windows from the /v/ thread
How are you liking the game my dude? Also I recommend OBS if you're going to be making webms/recordings. It's free and gud
>>
>>161089661
You got the wrong guy, I finished the game back at release. I downloaded the first shitty video recording software I could find to show anon how fishing should look like.
>>
File: Ju_209.jpg (102KB, 800x482px) Image search: [Google]
Ju_209.jpg
102KB, 800x482px
Any good /indie/-tier FPS?
>>
>>161089831
Ziggurath
Demon Dagger
Lovely Planet
>>
>>161089831
why is that girl flashing that man

why does she have a white string on her head
>>
File: img000010.jpg (779KB, 1601x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000010.jpg
779KB, 1601x1200px
>>161089968
Thanks. Already tried the second two. I'm not very interested in roguelikes, but I'll keep an eye on Ziggurat.

>>161090058
It's Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei fanart.
>>
>>161089563
Oh, I understand you perfectly. I wasn't expecting this game to have any good writing or lore either, I came in thinking I'm playing a dungeon crawler. I remember someone mentioning players on a forum praising the writing, and I thought they were insane, as at that time I was still very early in the game, and tutorial SGS combined with the cave system open to you at that point is anything but exciting. And I fully expected the amount of writing to only decrease as the game goes on, like it usually is the case with RPGs. My opinion of the writing went through like five stages as I got further into the game, and I think it made it an even more memorable experience.

So welcome to the club.
>>
>>161089661

OBS does webms? I thought it was only for recording and streaming?
>>
>tfw want to post a picture of the final boss fight but unsuspecting newbies might click it regardless of it being spoilered and me mentioning it's a spoiler
I just want to share my memes

>>161092908
Well not directly but you just record regularly and use a convertor like webm for retards
They come out good quality if you know what settings to tinker around with in obs settings (easy google)
>>
File: 1478277626444.jpg (13KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1478277626444.jpg
13KB, 414x415px
>search for solution to obscure problem
>somehow stumble on this video
>brain hurts so much I forget what I was searching for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Gbc-Wtb7E&t=4m50s

Now I know why CRPGs died. Your average Joe is literally too retarded to get past the first enemy.
>>
File: mancave.jpg (206KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mancave.jpg
206KB, 1366x768px
chilling out in the man cave
>>
>>161093285

Huh, the timelink didn't work. Skip to 5 minutes to be amazed.
>>
>>161093320
that's pretty lewd

>>161093285
what's your obscure problem?
>>
>>161093440

I can't remember. The shitter from the video blew my mind so hard I forgot everything I was doing.
>>
>>161093285
>calling a video game character that you directly control an idiot
really got me thinking
>>
>>161092908
I used it a few times but the quality is just ass compared to the windowskey+g thingy from the xboxapp.
>>
File: ROA94Ve.jpg (183KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
ROA94Ve.jpg
183KB, 1080x1350px
>>161093285
>reload
>unload
>punch
>reload
>unload
>punch
>why can't I shoot

Are all Americans this stupid?
>>
>>161093285
I've not played UR, but how did he fuck that up?

The combat system looks like classic fall-
>this is why we never play fallout
Guess that explains it.
>>
File: men-only.jpg (17KB, 181x243px) Image search: [Google]
men-only.jpg
17KB, 181x243px
>>161093320
>>
>>161093771

Welcome to Facebook gaming. Fuck tutorials, let's shoot some shit.
>>
>>161093692
Because you didn't adjust the settings
>windowskey+g thingy
What? Is that a windows 10 thing? No wonder you can't figure out the settings for a simple program.

>>161093775
Actually going by his uploads, he plays a ton of fallout3/4
casual nugamers everyone
>>
>>161093950
I adjusted it several times but it always gives crap results.
>>
>>161093950
>>161094067
>not using shadowplay
>>
File: 1423528971013.gif (2MB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
1423528971013.gif
2MB, 350x310px
>>161094067
Then you adjusted them wrong
>>
>>161094136
Actually I used to use shadowplay but it's bloatware garbage now with an unintuitive interface that requires you to install so much bloat
>>
>>161089563
>>161090559
See, now this is why Underrail is fucking amazing. It's the design philosophy. While the average game tries to sell itself to dumb reviewers who play the first few hours and then drop the game, Underrail just doesn't give a fuck. It tells a good story the way it should be done.

>>161086920
/v/ also has some funny theories that aren't in that thread. Hail Moloch!

And it's extra funny how even that thread was started by someone who hated the writing because he didn't get it.

Needless to say, I'm hyped for the expansion.
>Your voyage through vastness of the Black Sea will shed new light on the history of the world of Underrail and the forces that shaped it.
>>
>>161093285
Just how many things can you possibly do wrong in such a short amount of time?

Jesus, how do these people even function in real life?
>>
what was the highest lock level again? i think i'll dump points into hacking/lockpicking
>>
File: 1452977636005.jpg (67KB, 610x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452977636005.jpg
67KB, 610x288px
>>161096907

He actually gave up playing altogether when he reached the guy with the rat pets on the first mission.

>fuck underrail
>yeah, I looked up cheats there are none, and this is the "easiest" mode, what a fucking game

Hearty keks were had.
>>
>>161093320
This guy is one of the only few people who recognizes you as the Invictus.
>>
>>161097168
That's DSP tier, what the fuck.
>>
>>161096248
Yeah, we have our own serious and semi-serious theories. Moloch, baby Leviathans, as well as the whole speculation about the earthquake.

But that thread managed to gather most of the things we know for a fact, so it's pretty great for bringing someone up to date. Also, the title of the thread never fails to crack me up. Such beautiful click bait, and so fitting in so many ways.
>>
>>161097168
I really wonder how do people like this function in real life. I find it hard to imagine dealing with all the daily activites and work with such a short attention span and inablity to draw conclusions.

I would watch a documentary about it.
>>
anyone up for some Don't Starve Together?
>>
>>161097497
>Yeah, we have our own serious and semi-serious theories. Moloch, baby Leviathans, as well as the whole speculation about the earthquake.
Well now I'm interested
>>
>>161097594
someday maybe
>>
>>161089831
eldritch if you like "rogue-lites". titanfall 2 is not indie but man its fucking fun
>>
File: 1455141458182.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455141458182.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>161097168
>>161097352
>>161097502

Does nobody remember when Underrail first came out and all the retards on /v/ proved how casual that cesspit was? Thread after thread, the same shit:

>FUCK THESE HOPPERS I CAN'T CATCH SHIT
>HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE 4 RATHOUNDS AT ONCE
>NERF BEETLES

And the few that actually managed to keyboard smash their way to Depot A went full nuclear autism rage. My god, the rage over Depot A was biblical. I think out of all the people who played the game on /v/, only 4 managed to get to Depot B, before hitting a brick wall do to their retarded character builds. And that's when they realized everything up to and including Junkyard was one elaborate tutorial.
>>
>>161098403
But people were having a great time, so there was no harm done. For some reason none of that retardation ever evolved into blaming the game, but complaining and overreacting was still fun.
>>
>>161098403
kek, that almost makes me want to visit /v/. Almost.
>>
>>161098652

Nah, some people were legit mad. They put so much effort into their knuckledragger builds only to realize they couldn't do shit when they hit Junkyard. It was either make a new character from scratch with a non-retard build or give up entirely.
>>
>>161099131
Can you blame them? Underrail is one of the only games in recent memory that actively punishes players for going with a jack-of-all-trades playstyle, to the point that it's impossible to get past the early game. When people think RPG they think Skyrim, then something like this came along and destroyed their reality of what RPG really means.
>>
>>161099276
A lot of people don't even know what RPG stands for
>>
File: 319480_20161112213010_1.png (51KB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
319480_20161112213010_1.png
51KB, 1920x1076px
>>161098403
It's the same people that thought dark souls is the hardest game ever because that was the first videogame they got with even a slither of challenge.
>>
>>161100228
I refuse to believe that.
>>
>>161097690
This took me a while to dig up.

Moloch:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/357057519/#q357069656

Babby Leviathans:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/357230428/#q357293929

And earthquakes:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/352622803/#q352635730
with the final post coming in a different thread in two parts:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/352782086/#q352802935

And these are just the three that came to my mind.
>>
So far I'm enjoying Pillars of Eternity but I'm not loving it. For some reason, thinking of playing PoE is exciting but actually playing it is not greeeeat.

It's really making crave Witcher and Underrail
>>
>>161101780
>but actually playing it is not greeeeat.
I feel you. That's the problem with a lot of games
the gameplay itself is not that good or enjoyable
>>
>>161101780
I enjoyed watching some of it on a stream community site but I never could finish aany of the oldschool crpgs. But I recently got into diabloclickers with titan quest so maybe I am ready to tackle one and finish for once.
>>
>>161102674
play underrail
>>
>>161103540
>from diabloclones to underrail
The Glorious Incline might be too steep.
>>
>>161103805

Underrail isn't hard so much as it doesn't hold your hand. You're expected to be determined, intelligent, and creative.
>>
>>161104109
>you're expected to be intelligent and read things
cross every new generation "gaymur" off the list then
>>
>>161104109
>determined, intelligent, and creative.
That's the problem right there.
>>
>>161104316
>>161104387
>the game main flaw is the overly optimistic developer
He never had a chance
>>
>>161104109
It's not about the difficulty. It is about that particular combat system putting me to sleep.
>>
File: pure.png (236KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
pure.png
236KB, 500x382px
>>161104593
Truly, he is too good and pure for this world.

What if he isn't human? What if he's a Godmen trying to warn us of Earth's future?
>>
>>161104803
But underrail's combat is fun
>>
>>161104109
Do I need to be nihilistic and have a wicked sense of humor as well?
>>
>>161107412
It's a real RPG meaning you can actually ROLEPLAY
>>
>>161104109
Oh come on, Underrail isn't that demanding of the player. I barely but anything into the game and I'm doing well. The only thing that's expected of me is to find my way around with compasses or markers and believe me the satisfaction I get out of finding a place is far smaller than the frustration I get navigating the world without a map.

One of the biggest pieces of bullshit that's come out of the casualing of games is all the old guard "True" gamers think any bit of difficulty is good when in fact most difficulty in games is bullshit.
>>
Was Kanye Quest seriously a cult recruitment?
Archive doesn't have the /v/ thread with evidence
>>
>>161108241
What the hell are you babbling about?
>>
>>161108434
Kanye Quest 3000
>>
>>161108241
I played a good amount of the culty stuff and posted about it in this thread months back.

I don't think it was seriously a cult recruiter. It was likely just a game someone made for the sake of a creepypasta-like urban legend. Mission successful if you ask me because it is a such a weird thing to find. It's great
>>
>>161101486
appreciate the effort anon
>>
>>161098403
I wonder how bad the styg and steam forums were.
>>
>>161109201
Oh, they were hilarious. They make /v/ look hardcore. Albeit the official forums had the advantage of most of its users being long-time alpha testers, so the freaking out mostly came from new members.
>>
>>161109552
Steam forums for popular games always read like /v/ with accounts to me. But then again so does every single comment section of videogame newssites.
>>
>>161101486
Just finished reading Moloch and Baby Leviathan. I don't know about the Moloch theory, that's getting into more supernatural territory that I don't agree with.
The Baby Leviathans make sense though, Tchort being the first one and consuming all of Earth to become an adult
>>
File: Thronebutt was a mistake.png (87KB, 2149x2149px) Image search: [Google]
Thronebutt was a mistake.png
87KB, 2149x2149px
FHÖ'FAASHYN Ä "SEVEN"
>>
>>161111082
Moloch was more like a joke, you know, shit /pol/ had been freaking out over at the time. Some people liked it enough that it kind of became an inside-joke. The name itself is most likely relevant though, and I don't think most people know the origins of the name Melek, or its meaning in Serbian. Which is important because of the other /v/-favorite theory that Melek is the third Godman.
>>
File: 1479639616852.jpg (306KB, 856x571px) Image search: [Google]
1479639616852.jpg
306KB, 856x571px
>played UR a while back
>crit sniper build
>exceedingly difficult, item reliant, but satisfying as hell to 1/2 shot every enemy

>see thread
>get back into it
>psi build with heavy constitution
>game is a snoozefest that plays itself, literally run up to every fight, fuck traps, fuck grenades, fuck subtlety, just zap, fear, burn shit until combat ends, liberal hypo usage

Why didn't you fags tell me it was this easy.
>>
This fucking Hovering Shit won't drop the snake pieces
>>
>>161111993
>spoiler
That would make sense too. He's also probably the weakest of the three but much better at deception thus taking control of pro"totally not biocrop"tectorate.
Still I completely fucking forgot, where does it tell you there's three godmen?

>>161112307
>Why didn't you fags tell me it was this easy.
You didn't ask
>>
File: psi pride.png (203B, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
psi pride.png
203B, 450x300px
>>161112307
Join the movement! #psipride #fuckneurotypicals
>>
>>161112398
He droped a piece of the body, finally
>>
>>161112639
>Still I completely fucking forgot, where does it tell you there's three godmen?
The visions. You have read them, right?
>>
>>161113213
Oh right
>>
Huh. I just killed ol' chopper near some random cave by camp hathor. I thought the rumors were bullshit.
>>
I want to respec
>>
>>161114748
*restart
>>
File: I5JWI-9PENZ-YIT5P.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I5JWI-9PENZ-YIT5P.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>Nidhogg is the epic award-winning fencing tug-of-war, full of graceful acrobatics and clumsy stabs. IRL yelling and excitement may occur, in this ultimate two-player showdown of fast-paced fencing and melee attacks.
>>
File: wolfman sad2.jpg (172KB, 689x763px) Image search: [Google]
wolfman sad2.jpg
172KB, 689x763px
If only there could be a new Fallout game in the Underrail engine (written by Chris Avellone)
>>
>>161117953
The IP is lost to the mainstream console audience.
>>
>>161117953
Fallout is dead. Long live Underrail.

inb4 bethesda buys stygian software
>>
>>161118247
PLEASE DON'T JINX IT
>>
>>161116735
This game is actually pretty fun, played it with my friend quite a bit.
>>
>>161116735
The sequel looks so bad. Visually that is.
>>
My exp bar is at 5/4. How do I level up?
>>
>>161119479
Go look at your stats or click the plus button in your portrait
>>
>>161119603
Ta mate
>>
>>161118663
>>161116735
what the hell were they thinking with the sequel? naked homer simpson models. it looks disgusting. have the devs said anything about their choice for the new models?
>>
Do devs like coda exist
>>
>>161122851
Devs that eventually retreat out of their craft because one overenthusiastic fan/friend suffocates them and kills any meaning they get out of their art? It could happen.
>>
>>161122031
They said fuck you to anyone who didn't like it
Not surprising, I've heard about drama with the dev releasing the first game
>>
>>161122994
thats stupid, hope it bombs then. never heard about drama with the first release, it was pretty well received wasnt it? fairly simple game, though looks quite fun
>>
>>161122976
W-what do you mean by that
>>
File: 1431784058929.jpg (110KB, 906x813px) Image search: [Google]
1431784058929.jpg
110KB, 906x813px
I keep running into tranny indie devs when looking for weird indie games.
They're inspiring me to make a game of my own where you kill all degenerate tranny indie devs. Should I do it /indie/?
>>
>>161122031
I think they went for the quirky approach but it looks mainly just creepy and comical in a bad way.
>>
>>161123258
Kill yourself back to /pol/.
>>
File: lilith patreon.jpg (47KB, 400x706px) Image search: [Google]
lilith patreon.jpg
47KB, 400x706px
>>161123396
Literally triggered. Pic related is maker of Crypt Worlds. Would you fug her?
https://killscreen.com/articles/dreamy-underground-worlds-lilith/
>tumblr attention whore, makes cool games though. sequel to Crypt Worlds probably will suck
>>
Is it just me or does bilocation suck ass? 35 AP, 72 psi, and for what? Some rinky dink shitfuck illusion that does piss poor damage for 4 turns? No fucking thank you.
>>
>>161103805
Play divine divinity.
>>
>>161123592
>her
>>
>>161123258
games about devs/dev have a limited audience
>>
File: Max smiled.png (152KB, 338x423px) Image search: [Google]
Max smiled.png
152KB, 338x423px
>real time RPG
>has pause
>has slow speed
>has double speed
>>
>>161098403
>go psi+heavy armor build
>early game
>no psi
>no heavy armor
The start of the game was really rough for me, and I'm still not sure how bad my build is.
I cleared the burrower nest next to the junkyard at level 8 and the pack of 3 burrowers still gave me a decent amount of trouble.
I also took opportunist like an idiot because I didn't read carefully.
>>
>>161124691
It's not always the best choice but it's damn strong.

>locus of control
>premeditation
>bilocation
>wall yourself behind a forcefield
Mass suicides are fun to watch.
>>
>>161125269
I don't see a reason to use bilocation without premed, and premed cryo+flamethrower does way more than what a clone would without being so limited.
I wish the clones would attack other things after their target dies.
>>
File: asteryx.jpg (31KB, 187x176px) Image search: [Google]
asteryx.jpg
31KB, 187x176px
>tfw Underrail is so good you could go for another playthrough

Unlike Wasteland 2
>>
>>161126007
iktf
Just gotta figure out which build I'm doing next
>>
File: ss+(2015-04-10+at+04.52.11).jpg (42KB, 400x422px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-04-10+at+04.52.11).jpg
42KB, 400x422px
>>161125096

>early game
>no psi

Nigger you what. Talk to Ezra and don't fag out of his mental challenge. You get a free psi ability from killing a single beetle (you literally gain a free psi ability before you can fight anything this way). If you talk to the dude in biology you can get another freebie just from shooting a rathound with a dart.
>>
>>161125498
It's like you skipped over LoC completely. You also fail to see the point of thought control attacks: The doppelganger is not physical. Nothing can stop it.

Pyrokinetic stream on the other hand is utterly useless against anything that resists heat (metal armor, aluminium coats, robots, etc) and is generally a waste of AP. Cryokinesis is ok for sniping though, but using premeditation on either is a waste.
>>
Any option shenanigans i should do before i star a game of underrail?
>>
>>161126616

What do you mean?
>>
>>161126616
Options? Whatever do you mean
set your resolution and choose if you want fullscreen or not
>>
>>161126698
>>161126708
Well nevermind that.
Next question, oddities or classic?
>>
>>161126913

Personal preference. Doesn't really make a difference.
>>
File: 1479922199274.png (2MB, 937x6344px) Image search: [Google]
1479922199274.png
2MB, 937x6344px
>>161126913
got you covered
>>
>>161126913
Oddities is better if you're going for non-violence. Classic rewards enemy fights
>>
>>161127046
Oh man so many stats, so many perks. I haven't felt this good playing a video game in a long time
>>
>>161127046
If you're still clueless after this I'd recommend build guides on YouTube. I checked one out and I was pushed in the right direction.
>>
>>161127046

>BUY a game that has pissed of a lot of people (for different reasons) and others have ragequit

Fuck no, torrent and then buy if you like it. I will never understand this logic of "durr hurr indie dev pls no pirate". If anything it's even more of a reason to pirate, you have no fucking clue what you're getting into.

That being said, if you can make it past the first few areas of the game, you'll discover it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>161127260
I didn't make the picture anon
and Styg deserves the money
>>
>>161127381

Yeah, he does deserve the money, but telling people to blindly throw money at something that STATISTICALLY has pissed off more people than it's pleased is an asshole move. Granted, they're filthy retarded casuals, but there's nothing to be gained and money to lose by blindly purchasing something instead of trying it first.
>>
>>161123258
Yes, CNN
>>
>>161127046
>Made a cheeky knife cunt build before seeing this
>I'ts almost like the recommended build except for perception cause new vegas got me used to perception checks
Welp, time to start over
>>
File: icarus.jpg (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
icarus.jpg
6KB, 150x150px
>>161127260
>I will never understand this logic of "durr hurr indie dev pls no pirate". If anything it's even more of a reason to pirate, you have no fucking clue what you're getting into.
Examine what you are doing.

Would you rather give money to corporations who destroy your favorite game IPs with soulless cash-grab products? "Oh cool Bethesda raped Fallout's corpse again, better buy this because at least I know it will be shit." - You

Or indie devs who actually love games and make good games? Fuck, I don't even care about all indie games I buy, but I respect what their devs are doing: Going against the endless flow of dumbed down garbage.

People like you are the reason video gaming is going downhill. Shit games exist only because idiots buy them.
>>
>>161127763
rip anon

>>161127819
you don't get it anon
it triggers him that a picture on the internet says something he doesn't agree with
STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO BUY A GOOD GAME JUST BECAUSE THEY MIGHT NOT LIKE IT
it's not like I'm fucking forcing people
>>
>>161127819

You're literally retarded and putting words in my mouth. I'm advocating for pirating every game, regardless of devs, because the current state of vidya is shit. If you enjoy it, buy it, if not, you just saved yourself some spare cash. Just because you enjoyed this game doesn't mean someone else will, and a lot of people absolutely hated Underrail. Stop being an autistic faggot who thrives off projection.
>>
>>161127763
hey, it's not that bad. At least you will find secrets through perception checks and you will hate traps if you dump perception.
>>
File: 1457849490719.jpg (2MB, 720x6974px) Image search: [Google]
1457849490719.jpg
2MB, 720x6974px
I dont like the theory that Davey is c0da
>>
>>161128146
But what about the trap spotting glasses?
>>
>>161128132
>You're literally retarded and putting words in my mouth. I'm advocating for pirating every game, regardless of devs
Did you already forgot what you wrote? Your post did not only imply, but it directly said, that indie games are more deserving of piracy than the shit which you already know to be shit.
>>
>>161128240
They're the only reason dumping perception is viable. But seeing traps is still kinda slow and you probably don't want to wear them 24/7.

I guess I'm trying to say minmaxing attributes isn't absolutely necessary, as long as you have high attribute behind your main weapon skill.
>>
>>161128146
>and you will hate traps if you dump perception.
not if you get 40~ points in traps which help with early game anyway, spots everything late game
>>
>>161128359

Yeah, because indie games never turn out bad. Nope, can't think of a single one. Kickstarter is the savior of the industry.

Kill yourself famalams.
>>
>>161128671
>/indie/'s first nonsensical shitposter
wow we're a real general now
>>
>>161127260
This desu ne. Just pirated a couple indie games on sale and decided one of them wasnt worth it and uninstalled, bought the other. I wouldnt recommend you spend money on underrail unless youre certain its the kind of game you'd like.
>>
>>161128731
we should celebrate
>>
>>161127819
>Would you rather give money to corporations
Not an argument.
>>
File: 1477510251995.jpg (5KB, 371x106px) Image search: [Google]
1477510251995.jpg
5KB, 371x106px
>>161128731

>if you don't agree with me you're a shitposter

Spoken like a true autist.
>>
>>161128731
>l i t e r a l l y every post that disagrees with me is a shitpost
k
>>
>>161128226
Actually since its not a true story, there is only one creator, Davey, and the creator self inserts, to some extent coda is Davey. That paired up with the whole section about how you cant cure loneliness by talking to yourself really activates your almonds.
>>
How easy is it to fuck a character up in UnderRail? I'm new to the genre so I'm sure my character building is garbage. The only other thing I've played in this genre is BG1 and I winged that.
>>
>>161128671
Calm down. Why did you completely deflect what I wrote?

I didn't put any words into your mouth, your post just didn't reflect your thoughts all that well. Or do you actually advocate indie piracy over AAA piracy? I'm not sure at this point.
>>
>>161129230
Easy, make a dodge build
>>
>>161129230

Expect to fuck up several times, no matter how many guides you read. The best you can hope for is making a semi-viable build so that you can get far enough to realize what you did wrong, and your next playthrough will be a breeze. There's many ways to build, but if you don't have creativity and knowledge of exploiting your environment, you'll most likely be pigeonholed into a braindead psi/gun build.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (52KB, 604x586px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
52KB, 604x586px
>>161129305

Hey, I just made a new game. I'm and indie dev, and I haven't made any games before, so you have no way of knowing if my game is any good. Now fork over $40 for my game.

Wait what do you mean you have reservations? Whatever happened to that "indie devs are never wrong" mentality?
>>
>>161128990
>>161128938
interesting strawman, my fellow anons
You're upset that a picture meant for people who are starting their first character (thus they already bought it or pirated) advises you to buy it. The person who made the picture obviously likes the game a lot and thinks it should be bought rather than pirated. If you disagree with this o k . The picture isn't infringing upon your rights to torrent games and try them out, it's just stating an opinion. Then you sperg out over it, people tell you your wrong, and then you sperg out some more
Real quality posting there.
Also

>>161127260
>I will never understand this logic of "durr hurr indie dev pls no pirate". If anything it's even more of a reason to pirate
>If anything it's even more of a reason to pirate
Can you seriously reread this whole engagement and think
"Yes, they are in the wrong for telling people to buy the game and I am in the right for telling people to pirate the game."
You just come off as autistic in every sense of the word. Very poor social/communication skills with a lot of anger and misunderstanding.
>>
I want to play a gunslinging type in Underrail. Pistols/Revolvers, lots of talking and being a smooth operator. Is there any build for this?

My first attempt was focused around Guns, some melee, hacking/lockpicking, mechanics, dodge/evasion and persuasion/intimidation.
>>
File: 1426308590303.jpg (63KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1426308590303.jpg
63KB, 720x540px
>>161129470
>see this exaggerated example! Hah that makes me right!
Anon you are the living definition of a typical shitposter with piss poor argument skills. You're legit upset because some guy wants others to support a good game. Where did the indie dev touch you?
>>
>>161129470
Cool. Tell us more about the game, show us some media of your game, link to your website and I will consider buying your game if I like what I see. However, I will probably wait for reviews and anons' opinions before buying.

Strawmen really aren't helping your argument.
>>
>>161129583
>My first attempt was focused around Guns, some melee, hacking/lockpicking, mechanics, dodge/evasion and persuasion/intimidation.
What happened with your first attempt? Doesn't sound that bad. But persuasion/intimidation is mostly useless, especially if you have low WILL
but you can RP whatever you like
>>
>>161129684

Oh by all means, I'll feed you lots of bullshots and epic reviews from friends, but please don't play my game before you buy it, otherwise you might be disappointed in it!
>>
>>161129230
Have a general build in mind of what you want your character to do/use and allocate your stats appropriatly
also can take a look at this if you haven't already>>161127046
There's a build filter fairly early on in the game to let you know if your build will work for the rest of the game basically
>>
>>161129843
Fucking Psi Beetles. They are tearing me apart. I waste 1, maybe 2 hypos per fight, and I feel like my pistol does jack shit to them. I found some cave hopper gloves that are alright in melee but they feel worthless against psi hoppers. They just run off and neural overload me again.

And that small base with psi beetles is fucking gutting me.
>>
should i buy Lisa alone or Lisa+DLC?
i saw a LP if Lisa the Joyful btw
>>
>>161129979
Try using your pistol but run into melee range of them so they're forced to run away. That way they can only hit you once rather than twice. Also don't bother shooting it unless it opens the carapace to reveal their brain. Make sure you're maxing your main combat skill (guns in this case) every single level
Also don't drive them into a corner otherwise they'll keep their carapace closed and bite you to death.
>>
>>161130140
Alright, thanks. I'll see if I can't continue on my current character then.
>>
>>161129317
>>161129340
>>161129924
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
>>
File: free shrugs.png (499KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.png
499KB, 449x642px
>>161129874
Sure, you go ahead and try. Such scam attempts will be easily recognized and refunds are a thing. But should you actually make a great game, people will love it and tell others to buy it.
>>
File: 1416372724014.gif (2MB, 492x243px) Image search: [Google]
1416372724014.gif
2MB, 492x243px
>>161130262
>tell others to buy it
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>161130331
I know. It's pretty shocking. It's almost as if we like good games and want to support their creators.
>>
20 or so minutes into Ghot 1.0 and its actually kinda funny. Its not cringy like UnEpic or the game's trailer. Very good english voicework too even though I believe the developers are from Spain.
>>
>>161129656
>exaggerated example
Sounds like the Witness
>>
>>161129472
>I dont want to discuss things and will deflect any points made as "sperging out", just accept things as I say they are while I stick my fingers in my ears and yell
t. literally you right now
>>
>>161131139
Consistent projection with lack of self awareness is a hell of a mental disorder
>>
>>161131223
Nothing in this entire chain implies projection, please stop misusing words you dont understand.
Nowhere in my post am I doing that. It is
>>161129472 that says to just ignore this thing that 'I' happen to agree with because it hurts no one but you are unable to ignore posts saying something you disagree with despite it hurting no one.
>>
>>161128731
I feel so bad for triggering him, it's not his fault. ;__;
>>
>>161128226
I'm certain that cOda is fake but what if he's all of us
>>
>You unlock psionics by a taking a red pill
i love memes
>>
File: 1462734279084.gif (2MB, 457x321px) Image search: [Google]
1462734279084.gif
2MB, 457x321px
>>161130412
I don't understand why anyone would be against this.
>>
>>161133015
Because you recommending someone to buy a game apparently makes it so they're incapable of making an informed decision or pirating it first
He also didn't notice the way it's formatted. /v/ used to ask "is it worth a buy" a lot and that's where the pic got posted mainly
That's why it's a question/answer
we should just drop the topic but shitposters give free bumps, especially the autistic ones who keep on giving
>>
Underrail is pretty good. You should buy it.
>>
I just died to huge blue beetle, so far so good
>>
>>161133672
gotta hit them when their head opens up anon
>>
>>161129470
You really should buy Underrail, though. It's breddy gud.
>>
anyone played ember? been on my wishlist for a while, on sale for 5 dollars currently. reviews on steam are sitting at mixed. opinions on it?
>>
File: 4d6[1].gif (10KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
4d6[1].gif
10KB, 600x694px
>>161133015
It is a baffling mystery.

Who could be against players forming their own cliques and recommendations, instead of conforming to standards set by marketing?
>>
Someone on the forum suggested going 5 3 10 3 10 3 7 for a build but unless i'm counting wrong it should be 1 point less. Is there something i'm missing here or did he fuck up?
>>
Man LISA is a real short game, and yet it sticks out in my mind way more than many other games.

Also, this is stuck in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkwXKL0F9Fg
>>
>>161134461
Ember in one word: meh.

I haven't played much because it just wasn't interesting so I can't speak for the story. But there's not much to the character system or other game mechanics, it's simple as fuck. Gameplay is very basic and kind of boring.

But I guess it's worth 5 bucks if you want a new RTwP ARPG to grind. It might get better.
>>
>>161135626
It's as long as it needs to be
>>
>>161135012
Yeah, that's one point short for level 1 character.

But you get a statpoint every 4 levels and some armor/buffs also give +1, maybe that's it?
>>
>>161135960
Well... True.
>>
>>161134732
Indie devs with low/zero marketing, of course!
>>
>>161135671
ah i got a bunch of rpgs in my backlog. ill wait for another time. i picked up arcanum instead
>>
>>161137880
Great choice.
>>
>>161100398
also a board where people post a picture of a shoryuken motion with "why is this allowed" and get 500 sincere replies
>>
This general seems worse than most
>>
>>161116735
Thanks!
>>
in underrail, any way to get freezing immune metal armor?
also, are SMGs two handed?
>>
>>161141460
You can use insulated vests with metal armor.

Yes.
>>
anyone play kindom:new lands?
is it worth it for 10 dollars? or wait till christmas for a sale?

also, im playing through hyper light drifter and i havent the slightest clue where to go. ive got 2 pink triangle things on the north side but there seems to be no where else to go in the north.
what the fuck.
>>
>>161100228
Raunchy Porn Game?
>>
Which game should I buy, LISA or Undertale?
>>
>>161144757
you already know the answer.
>>
memes aside, is Kanye Quest worth playing?
>>
>>161144757
Both are really good and really cheap right now. Get both.
>>
>>161144757
>Undertale
unless you're memeing it up with rail, undertale has generals
>>
File: 1465926502322.png (300KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465926502322.png
300KB, 500x500px
>>161151026
Ignore this person. Do not interact with Undertale's fanbase. At all.

Try and make up your own mind.
>>
>>161139078
Nothing wrong discussing gamedesign choices but that line starts so many shitposting threads I would have banned it.
>>
>>161150920
>>161151228
Thank you for your advices. I decided to buy Lisa now and buy Undertale in the next sale.
>>
File: DR60D-4BQQ0-W396A.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DR60D-4BQQ0-W396A.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>Rime Berta uses classic SRPG mechanics that gamers have grown to love. Units move across a grid-based battlefield with variable height, and can attack using a variety of single target and area-of-effect attacks.

>>161144757
They're both great in their own ways. I felt LISA had a more emotional story while Undertale was more fun to play.
>>
>>161148813
I wouldn't trust it. I don't think it was ever proved it doesn't send data with a full audit
>>
File: 1457906211779.jpg (66KB, 500x777px) Image search: [Google]
1457906211779.jpg
66KB, 500x777px
>>161151856
Thank you~
>>
>>161144757
Play OFF instead, it's like Undertale but better.
>>
>>161154591
Undertale is the dark souls of rpgmaker games.
>>
File: BuddyFrisk.png (70KB, 476x562px) Image search: [Google]
BuddyFrisk.png
70KB, 476x562px
>>161154591
>>161154896
>talking shit about a game you've never played
>>
>>161154591
No one is going to give you a medal for not liking Undertale, you know
>>
>>161154896
Hotline Miami is the STALKER of rpgmaker games
>>
>>161154982
Did I say I didnt like Undertale? What's got you on edge?
>>
>>161155595
Underrail is the Skyrim of rpgmaker games.
>>
>>161155595
????????
>>
File: 37285380_big_p5.jpg (121KB, 732x1066px) Image search: [Google]
37285380_big_p5.jpg
121KB, 732x1066px
>>161156742
[Game] is the [Game It Has Nothing In Common With] of [Engine It Doesn't Use] games
>>
Should I keep dumping points in perception if I'm going for a gun build, beyond the initial 10 at character creation?
>>
>>161158461
DEX is more useful, so nah.
>>
File: deadsko.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadsko.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw had trouble with this guy my first playthrough
>bring a grenade this time and one shot him + 1 of his rats
It's like I was trying to play a roguelike without proper consumables at the ready, so weird
>>
>>161159183
Don't worry man
I fucked that up too
Used the grenade on the pack of rats before him because i thought i was pretty much done with the area
>>
>>161159501
That must've been what I used it for too because I had no way to trigger the explosive barrel on my melee guy
>>
>>161154298
damn, Eternal Eyes. I knew that looked vaguely familiar.

Just another ps1 title that I need to get back to.
>>
>>161151856
>>161154298
So uh, what's the "thing" of this game? Cute artstyle? Well implemented mechanics? Customization that gives freedom without being a massive clusterfuck?
>>
>>161158843
Why dex?
>>
>>161160762
What kind of gun do you want to use?
>>
So is there like a newfag guide for Underrail?
I have no idea what I'm doing/
>>
File: wall.jpg (144KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
144KB, 1024x575px
is this wall destructible? i can see loot inside.
>>
>>161162685
Sniper.
>>
>>161163719
It is, but you don't have the means to tear it down yet. It requires either TNT or a Jackhammer, neither of which is available to you until you clear Depot A.
>>
File: 1452021703953.png (565KB, 800x2175px) Image search: [Google]
1452021703953.png
565KB, 800x2175px
>>161163687
Sure, there's this
>>161127046
And pic related, and I also recommend reading this:
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons
>>
>>161158461
Definetly unless you are using one of the light guns that get DEX AP reduction.
>>
>>161164164
Max PER then
>>
>>161164164
Sniper anon that regularly posts here made this long post explaining it
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2791.0
You only want high dex if you're going to carry a pistol secondary. Snipers get 15-16 perception so you'll be dumping every level beyond character creation into it
>>
Just a heads up: If you lock your room in SGS every time you leave it, you get a slightly different ending.
>>
>>161167870
Very fascinating story, anon. But I played this game long enough to know that you can't lock doors.
>>
>>161167870
No you don't, I actually lock the door all the time. Hell I even turn the lights off because I'm autistic.

>>161168870
You can if you have a key to that door, there is a lock action.
>>
>>161164687
I thought you autists get triggered when you compare metro and underrail
>>
File: I'm calling bullshit.png (821KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
I'm calling bullshit.png
821KB, 1600x1200px
>>161169726
Teach me, sensei.
>>
File: 20161126212046_1.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161126212046_1.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>161172145
>>
>>161172419
Oh.
Was that really always there?
>>
>>161172747
Yes, since the very early alpha.
>>
>>161172883
I don't know what to say. My mind completely blanked that out, and I use the quick invoker extensively. Actually I use both pickpocket and sprint from there, and the locking is right there between them. What the actual fuck.
>>
File: Hurr Durr.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hurr Durr.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>161168870
>>
File: 3.png (310KB, 535x536px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
310KB, 535x536px
Here's a map!
>>
>>161174328
Looks almost overdesigned but I think it will be good in motion.
>>
>>161174328
Looks pretty cool, glad to see you're still working on your game. What are those square tube-like things supposed to be though?

Also, have you figured out what to do with the different episodes and their gameplay?
>>
Trying to get back into stardew valley a bit since I haven't tried the new update yet. Never used any sort of mods, so I was curious if there were any recommended?
I'd specifically like a good portrait fix, but only if it is a full cast re-do. Nothing seems more off-putting than to use some sort of animu portrait and it's only the marriage choices so you go from talking to say Penny to Pam and the style is entirely different.
>>
>>161175058
They're just pillars extending to the ceiling.
Regarding episodes, I decided I'm going to separate the game in 3 episodes, each consisting of 2 acts.

The first episode's first act will go all the way to a certain point where the MCs go the the big bad's ship, second act will be more puzzle-focused, learnign about them and their motives in the ship before escaping.
>>
>enter new area
>2 mutants and 4 mutated dogs run up and butt rape me
this is that filter you guys mentioned isn't it?
>>
>>161177836

Welcome to Depot A, dumpster of shit builds.
>>
>>161178650
what kind of build could survive such abuse? Heavy metal armor?
I'm going back to SGS and buying me some mines
>>
>>161178789
Anything that resists acid would be a good idea. Siphoner or Mutated Dog Leather Armors take care of this for the most part, if you have Tailoring.
>>
What the fuck is up with the inability to hit enemies that are blocked by walls in Underrail? I don't mean there is a wall blocking my character, but a wall blocking my vision so I can't actually target the enemy with its head up my ass.
>>
>>161179149
Press tab.
>>
>>161179149
Press TAB.
>>
>>161179149
hold tab
or set character outlines always visible in combat, so it works just like fallout
>>
>>161179283
>>161179285
>same posts
>same time
>almost identical digits
That's some impressive hivemind.
>>
>>161179468
Lets see what the only post that got between the hivemind was >>161179284
>>
>>161178789

Some traders sell biosuits, those are fantastic if you plan on facetanking mutants. Psi pretty much plays itself. Otherwise invest heavily in traps and set up a series of chokepoints you can fall back to.
>>
>>161179345
I remember when Styg announced that patch, I didn't really like the idea of outlines and was going to turn them off. Took me about 5 seconds to change my mind after I've seen it in action. Adding this feature was a really good call.
>>
>>161178982
Junkyard merchants sometimes sell mutated dog leather armor, but it's pretty rare.

>>161179741
>biosuits
Anon, bio and acid damage are different.

Bio is for toxic gas and poison. Those mutants just puke acid everywhere and whack you with old-fashioned mechanical damage.
>>
>>161179741
>biosuits
>fantastic if you plan on facetanking mutants
Bio suits give bio DR/DT only and mutants don't deal any bio damage at all, only acid.
>>
is sniper build supposed to be weak early game? Crafted my first corsair, given it's pretty shitty but I'm still having trouble hitting things even while focused. Thought I would have more accuracy at longer range
>>
>>161066673
>pixel art handcrafts every sprite, every frame that goes to the screen
Maybe if the game was made 15 years ago. Nowadays 2d games have as much streamlining tech and tools as 3d games
>>
>>161181224
Get night vision goggles and enjoy 95% accuracy.
>>
>>161181264
They probably d-

....wait what? what the hell would you streamline? I can only think of QoL changes to make it easier, the same way having photoshop with layers and history saves you a huge a mount of time while still giving you control.

Sure, you copy/paste sprites everywhere, but you still MADE those sprites. Do you mean automated level design?
>>
>>161181224
>is sniper build supposed to be weak early game?
Only before you actually get your first sniper rifle.

>Crafted my first corsair, given it's pretty shitty but I'm still having trouble hitting things even while focused
Are you using a normal scope and a bipod? Use both, 20% precision bonus is really good so early on.

Or use a 7.62 corsair with no bipod, they cost 35 AP to shoot so you can pop adrenaline to shoto twice for the first 2 turns, that's even more chance to actually hit.

Also, keep in mind no light gives huge penalties to precision. Throw flares and lure enemies into them, wait until enemies get close to mindshrooms etc.

>Thought I would have more accuracy at longer range
Not really how it works. It just won't drop unless you shoot at something that is more than 14 tiles away, while all other weapons would suffer from penalties at shorter ranges.
>>
>>161181660
>first 2 turns
3*

>>161181508
He won't get those so early in the game.
>>
>>161179283
>>161179285
>>161179345
God damn I'm retarded
>>
>>
>>161181774
>>161181508
actually I have night vision goggles but how do they affect accuracy? says i get 18% increased special attack damage
>>
>>161181775
Don't be too hard on yourself. I played this game for over 300 hours and never noticed you can lock doors.
>>
File: NVG.png (10KB, 475x625px) Image search: [Google]
NVG.png
10KB, 475x625px
>>161181906
Maybe they're just normal smart goggles without night vision?

Night vision ones look like this and you gotta turn the night vision on, it drains batteries.
>>
>>161182264
I can read, but it doesn't say anything about increased accuracy
>>
>>161182504
>Allows you to see in the dark
>>
>>161182504
Gee, I wonder what night vision device could possibly be useful for.
>>
>>161182851
There are some really dark areas in the game. And in the underpassages for example you often can't see the doors normally. So if your character just suddenly stops, you can fumble around to find the lock.
>>
>>161183227
I know recognizing sarcasm in writing can be hard sometimes but come on, step it up.
>>
Why risk your life when an autoturret does the job for you?
>>
>>161183227
Autism
>>
File: Jesus Christ How Horrifying.png (892KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ How Horrifying.png
892KB, 1600x900px
Holy shit, don't fuck around with mutagen D5

I repeat, DO NOT FUCK AROUND WITH D5
>>
File: 1457489851640.png (38KB, 143x174px) Image search: [Google]
1457489851640.png
38KB, 143x174px
>>161183646
>locking doors actually prevents humans from chasing you
HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THIS
>>
Original Harvest Moon creator has officially declared Stardew Valley the true successor of the franchise.
>>
>>161183646
I wish I was smart enough to think of this. I just threw molotovs in there until everyone burned to death... including the hostages.
>>
>8 bear traps not enough to clear that one area of junkyard with 50 mutant dogs and mutants
>the mutants even avoid the traps if I leave a space
>miss multiple times against a dog in melee range using pistol at 81%
wow I'm really enjoying this
this is fun
>>
>>161184591
>I wish I was smart enough to think of this
Or you could just listen to the old man explain it to you.
>>
Does Melee Light get it right?
>>
>>161184906

That's why you bring 16 bear traps cyka blyat. Think tower defense, but with bear traps.
>>
File: Works fine.jpg (199KB, 864x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Works fine.jpg
199KB, 864x1052px
>>161184906
>>8 bear traps not enough to clear that one area of junkyard with 50 mutant dogs and mutants
That should be more than rnough if you actually have any skill in traps.

>>the mutants even avoid the traps if I leave a space
You must have low trap skill if they are s oeasy to detect then.

>>miss multiple times against a dog in melee range using pistol at 81%
Just bad luck, RNG works fine.
>>
>>161185240
>You must have low trap skill if they are s oeasy to detect then.
yeah dude probably
the same way I have low hacking
been pumping both of them to max every level even in character creation
every box i find requires 5 more hacking than I have
and rabid mutants can see my traps
XD!
>>
>>161185393

Please tell me you at least have the ability that lets you plant traps instantly in combat. Otherwise why the fuck are you even bothering with traps.
>>
>>161185542
>please tell me you know every single thing about this game you just started playing
You guys seriously retarded? Am I SUPPOSED to be using a walk through? And upon looking it up, quick tinkering doesn't make my traps any more hidden so i don't see how this is relevant right now?
I set up traps from stealth before fight starts but they all get avoided even though I've been maxing traps every single level
Are you ignoring this fact to talk about something else because you realize the game is badly designed? Would taking quick tinkering somehow make it so my traps don't get avoided?
>n-no but you can set them up mid fight!
That isn't what we're talking about right now, is it
>>
>>161185747

>set up line of traps with single opening
>bait enemies towards traps
>drop one in the opening
>enemy is forced to either run through the traps or sit there with their anus exposed

Honestly famalams, you need more points in intelligence.
>>
>>161185970
>they run through traps and kill me anyway because there's a ton of them
>set up more traps
>still die because RNG miss the last enemy 2x in a row
wow very fun gameplay
Time to go back and buy 20 more bear traps so I can set up a perimeter 3 traps thick at every point
very good game design yes
>>
>>161184040
Wooooooooooooow
How was I supposed to know you can do that
>>
>>161185747
You know you can browse all the feats at any time, right? You don't need a walk through for that.
>>
>>161186140
>traps aren't worth taking unless you take this specific perk
Sorry captain
i just thought if i MAXED OUT THIS SKILL EVERY SINGLE LEVEL
then I might be able to get an unintelligent enemy to maybe run into ti
my bad sorry XDD
>>
>>161185393
>been pumping both of them to max every level even in character creation
Mutants are not detecting them though. Your placement must be shit in that case.

Also, how high is your DEX? It governs traps so if it's low your skill will be lower than average as well.
>>
Wew, now I understand what >>161098403 was talking about.
>>
>>161186140
There's several dozen, you actually looked at all of them?
>>
>>161186287
You don't?

Maybe cRPGs are just not your cup of tea. I browsed all of them and came up with a few basic build ideas before I was done with character creation.
>>
>>161098403
Beetles still need a nerf
>>
>>161186253
>Mutants are not detecting them though. Your placement must be shit in that case.
No I tested it through saves/reload
I leave one spot open i perimeter(far away spot) and the mutants bee line for that open space while the dogs eat the traps and keep me in place with blobs
I have 7 dex
wait no let me guess your reply
>UHHHH YOU ODNT HAVE 11 DEX AND QUICK TINKERER WHY ARE U EVEN BOTHERING WITH TRAPPING LOL THIS IS ELEMENTARY STUFF

>>161186269
bad game design =/= hurd curr
>>
File: 1474515724867.png (85KB, 265x348px) Image search: [Google]
1474515724867.png
85KB, 265x348px
>carnifex
Maybe I shouldn't try to do this at level 11.
I just wanted a little more money so I could melt it into super super armor.
>>
>>161186410
Nah, your tactics need to get a buff.
>>
>>161186470
>I leave one spot open i perimeter(far away spot) and the mutants bee line for that open space while the dogs eat the traps and keep me in place with blobs
>I have 7 dex
Doesn't sound right, they shouldn't be able to detect them in that case.

I will do some tests myself.
>>
File: 1479459664406.jpg (21KB, 328x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479459664406.jpg
21KB, 328x320px
>>161186091

>buy 20 more bear traps so I can set up a perimeter 3 traps thick at every point

Yes anon, that's how you should play if you're focusing on a trap build. Traps, traps, and more traps. Don't give the enemy any chance to approach or flank you. Liberal usage of molotovs on large clusters trying to get through your trap field will beat any engagement.

Again, why the fuck are you investing in traps if you don't actually want to get your money's worth from the skill? Back when I ran a trapping build I would have 40+ traps in my inventory at all times. It's a build tailored for patient tacticians, and if you're just a CoD kiddy, choose another build.
>>
>>161186236
Nah, you can get some help from traps even with absolute 0 skill points in them, since animals don't detect them.

Can you post your character? Maybe we can help once we have a clue about what sort of character you are playing.
>>
>>161186470

>leave gap in minefield
>enemy uses gap

>WAAAAAAAAOW IF ONLY THERE WAS AN ABILITY THAT LETS ME CLOSE OFF GAPS IN COMBAT
>>
>>161186475
>level 11
>already making super steel
Wow, how is that even possible
>>
>>161186613
I'm not focusing on a trap build you tard I just thought it'd be a useful auxillary skill and turns out it's completely useless unless you plan to barricade yourself in 20+ traps
>set up 2 trap thick choke points
>start off by using snipe and killing one of the mutants
>use Adrenalin for a 2nd shot and blow up the explosive barrel heavily damaging a dog + mutant
>dogs rush into bear traps
>I drop a molotov on biggest cluster and start shooting
>they eventually brute force their way through even while I'm shooting them and kill me
I just abused hopping in and out of the previous zone to beat this garbage design.
>leave area to heal
>pop back in area to shoot them twice then leave immediately
>repeat
wow very fun game 10/10 so hard it reminds me of derk souls lol!
This isn't intuitive it's just retarded. I can't imagine doing this without 20 traps.

>>161186843
>can't read
Yeah so this general is legit filled with retards. I left a gap on purpose to test whether or not the mutants would use it thus confirming that they can see my traps clear as day
>>
File: 3.jpg (442KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
442KB, 1920x1080px
>>161186470
>>161186606
Did a test with 82 traps, left a single spot open, mutant still walked into a trap.

So you either placed the trap so the shortest distance between you and the mutant was clear or you are full of shit.
>>
File: 1479370601491.jpg (39KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1479370601491.jpg
39KB, 600x456px
>>161187139

It's like I'm back on /v/. Thanks for the chuckle.
>>
>>161187272
>82 traps
???
congrats I guess?
I have 45(56) trapping skill

>>161187345
Sick argument, mongoloid
>>
>>161187436
>I have 45(56) trapping skill
Not far below that.

But ok, if you insist. Let me change the value of my trap skill to 56 with cheat engine and try again, be back soon.
>>
>>161187139
>I just abused hopping in and out of the previous zone
Hey, I also had to do that once. That was when I went through Depot A with a level 1 character before all the nerfs to it. :^)
>>
>>161186997
I haven't gone to the foundry yet but I know you are supposed to make it there.
>>
>>161187508
You know, I think we could just ask him to upload his save.
>>
>>161187983
wow dude i guess ur lyke rlly smart or somthin idk lol how are u so much smartr than me?? lol!
>>
>>161188039
I don't know how, but nevertheless your struggling pains me.

Why don't you just sneak through the depo? You should have high stealth since you're using snipe and even laying traps without quick tinkering.
>>
>>161188038

Yeah that sounds best.

>>161188039

Hey fag upload your save. Do it so we can play it and prove how shit you are at your own character.
>>
File: 20161127005950_1.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161127005950_1.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>>161187436
>>161187508
Couldn't figure out how to run the skill point script so I just lowered my DEX until my traps skill reached 39(52). Same result.

So either you are just not very good at placing them or you are full of shit.

>>161188038
>implying he will
Also, it's a good opportunity for me to learn more about cheat engine. It's a fun tool for messing around and finding out how all the formulas in the game work.
>>
>>161183646
You are a god.
>>
Is there any news about swords coming to underrail?
>>
>>161188532
No.

At least you can find a swrod handle oddity.
>>
S 3
D 10
A 10
C4
P5
W 3
I 7

You think this would work for a stealthy ninja/assassin build? Weapons would be knife and throwing knives.
>>
>>161183646
I did the same thing except I activated the turret before attacking the raiders.
>>
>>161188849
Yeah it's fine.

I would go with 6 INT and 5 CON instead though, unless you really want a crafting feat that requires 7. All melee INT feats and Weaponsmith require no more than 6.
>>
File: natives.jpg (915KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
natives.jpg
915KB, 1920x1080px
>>161188532
>In Expedition you'll be able to take a break from the usual metro-crawling to take a boat to the infamous Black Sea, a massive underground body of water. There, among the old and mysterious ruins of an age long past, you'll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister than all of those.
>hostile natives
New melee weapons? New melee weapons.
>>
>>161188497
>So either you are just not very good at placing them or you are full of shit.
No you're the one whose lying and that still picture doesn't prove anything when you're openly using cheat engine to "test" it. I specifically reloaded to test it. I made a full perimeter with no holes so they ran into it
then I left one spot open far away and they all went straight for it
Sure tell me how to upload my save and I'll do it
>>
>>161188951
Ah, ok thanks. Would i need the 5 per?
>>
File: 1480138416279.jpg (26KB, 474x409px) Image search: [Google]
1480138416279.jpg
26KB, 474x409px
>hopper bumps into me while I'm in stealth and initiates the psi beetle gangbang
>>
>>161188972
>No you're the one whose lying
I'm not, I provided 2 diffrent pictures as proof.

>that still picture doesn't prove anything when you're openly using cheat engine to "test" it
All the cheat engine does is change numbers I want changed. I used it to gimp my traps skill to show you it's not issue with the skill level, it's player (your) mistake.

>then I left one spot open far away and they all went straight for it
Are you sure you are placing them correctly though? Enemies wil usually take the shortest path towards you so you have to make sure the trap is on this shortest path.

>Sure tell me how to upload my save and I'll do it
My Documents/My Games/Underrail/Saves folder.

Upload it however you wish.

>>161189206
It's good to have some PER to spot enemies that use stealth. 5 should b good enough if you pair ith with motion tracking goggles.
>>
>>161188972

Use Mega or some other upload site.
>>
>>161188972
Wait. Are you placing your traps so the patrolling mutants can take a long good look at them? As you should already know from traps you've detected, trap detection works slowly over time.
If you place your traps right behind a corner, it's more likely that enemies run into them before noticing them.
>>
>>161188954
The tribal we seen in the last dev log had an SMG.

I'm guessing they will be pretty much like all other bandit groups around Underrail (Ironheads etc.)
>>
>>161189676
>If you place your traps right behind a corner, it's more likely that enemies run into them before noticing them.
It's also a good strategy to hide behind a corner, that way you can easily predict their pathing since they are pretty much guranteed to hug the wall.
>>
>>161189346
Stand near them when they are eating, Let then see you so they can fuck off.
>>
File: 1480030040044[1].jpg (96KB, 948x651px) Image search: [Google]
1480030040044[1].jpg
96KB, 948x651px
>>161189716
No no no. I refuse to believe you. We'll get tribals, lighthouses, jetskis and bote.

I'm posting bote until styg adds botes and we can have real fishing in the game
>>
>>161190032
I ended up just fighting the beetles one at a time. Turns out I had to do that anyways so it worked out in the end.
>>
>>161189676
>As you should already know from traps you've detected, trap detection works slowly over time.
Nope didn't know that, guess that's the difference
>>
>>161189716
>The tribal we seen in the last dev log had an SMG.

Do you think if Styg had a new melee weapon type he would just post a screenshot about it? That shit would be prime devlog material. Not saying this is the case, but I don't think that screenshot proves anything.
>>
>>161190271
>Not saying this is the case, but I don't think that screenshot proves anything.
I'm not saying spears won't be a thing, but an SMG-wielding tribal seems like an obvious sign that tribals will act as common enemies in groups like tribal gunner/spearman/shaman/bomber etc. just like Ironheads and other gangs.
>>
>>161190192

Yeah, fighting 2+ beetles at once in the early game is a death sentence.
>>
>>161186403
That just isn't fun. I prefer a surprise.
>>
>>161190494
Well finding out how your build will perform will still be a surprise.

What's unfun about considering all the options you have and coming up with a good combination of them?
>>
>>161190086
>expansion adds port towns
>boats and fishermen everywhere
>you can even go fishing on a boat
>still no Ghostface before DC

STYYYYYYYG
>>
>>161187139
>>161186613
Is this hyperbole? Are traps really fucking useless unless you make massive walls every 10 minutes?
I want a respec.
>>
>>161190645

Underrail is one of those games that forces you to use skills you invest in, otherwise you're going to hit a brick wall when you hit Depot A.
>>
>>161189716
>>161190387
>you'll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister
Out of those the SMG guy is most likely a pirate, not native.
>>
>>161190494
I would get your point if this was a class-based game where you have limited influence regarding how to shape your character. But in this game you won't have the slightest idea how to allocate your additional attribute and skill points if you don't know about feat requirements. You can't just make big decisions based on gut instinct and expect it to work out.
>>
>>161190645
> Are traps really fucking useless unless you make massive walls every 10 minutes?
Not if you place them in strategic positions or choke points.

There are many way to go about it. Bear traps in doorways, huge trap walls, chain reaction mine fields etc.
>>
>>161190774
The sprite looks pretty tribal to me.

>>161190617
You can actually get Ghostface in one single spot before DC.
>>
>>161190919
>You can actually get Ghostface in one single spot before DC.

You have my attention. Where? Can it be figured out, or is it some randomly picked spot.
>>
>>161190816
From that line of posts even a 2 space wide choke point needs 6 traps. Whats the purpose in such an expensive build over putting points in psi?
>>
File: 800px-Cc_s6_ghostface1.jpg (60KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Cc_s6_ghostface1.jpg
60KB, 800x500px
>>161191225
>Can it be figured out, or is it some randomly picked spot
No, not really. It's pretty random.
>>
>>161191245
>From that line of posts even a 2 space wide choke point needs 6 traps.
What are you talking about? Putting a single bear trap in front of a doorway is enough.

Of course you won't be able to make chokepoints in open spaces without a ton of traps. But you can always make something I like to call a "death square" of 4 mines, lure the enemy in the middle and throw a grenade to set it off.

>Whats the purpose in such an expensive build over putting points in psi?
I think it's called variety.
>>
>>161191293
Ah. Well, I guess at least it's one of the few places where you can fish around for the... what was the sewer one? The squid or the jelly? So you have at least some reason to try there.
>>
why is this general not called /urg/
>>
File: 1438049021078.gif (105KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438049021078.gif
105KB, 600x600px
I cant even change stats when importing
>>
>>161191538
The squid. But you can get it in cave waters as well.
>>
>>161190617
What if it's the opposite?
>black sea is full of ghostfaces
>nothing but ghostfaces
>ghostfaces fucking everywhere
>fishing ships full of ghostfaces
>local food is all ghostfaces
>hundreds of dead ghostfaces washed on shores
>the expansions boss is a giant ghostface

STYYYYYYYG
>>
>>161191629
Because it would die.

It's a symbiosis.
>>
>>161191764
That would be pretty sad since there is no actual use for them before DC. They are needed to make supersoldier drug.

Also it's not likely since ghostfaces fuck with your nervous system.
>>
It seems underrail will need it's own general for a while
>>
>>161192185
Nah it's fine.
>>
>>161192185
/indie/ would die and the underrail general would die
>>
Fuck Styg and fuck Underrail
>>
>>161191629
>>161192185
>>161192549
All me
>>
>>161183646
I know this may sound like a completely autistic reply but...
What did you use to record that?
>>
>>161192185
It really does. This entire sub is underrail now.
>>
>>161193478
>sub
>>
>>161193585
>Implying 4Chan isn't reddit now
>>
>>161193196

OBS to record, WembForRetards to convert.
>>
>>161193478
>>161192185
see >>161192450

/indie/ talks about underrail AND other games and it has trouble surviving. /indie/ might make it but underrail general would not. not for long anyway
>>
>>161192185
I never really thought about how generals come to be. I once made a joke genral and it instantly was banned. Do you just make one and the mods check if its a game? Or do you hve to speak to someone?
>>
>>161193932
Whatever we want to post and keep running.

We had /styg/ - Underrail General for a while but they died very quickly.
>>
>>161193896
We could always evacuate to /focg/
>>
>it's ok when /indie/ is /lisag/
>>
>>161194240
/cfog/*
>>
>>161192549
Just sayin I hate it when people play video games
>>
File: 394.gif (22KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
394.gif
22KB, 320x200px
I recommend Adventur. It took me about 3 hours and is really grindy, but I enjoyed it. How it looks and how the story is minimal really makes it my kind of game. Unfortunately it was only a demo and there's no real ending... it makes me sad.

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=396
>>
Does anyone have the chart for Underrail explaining which perks are good for a sneaky sniper build?
>>
>>161195462
no
>>
>>161194447
This
>>
>>161194447
What if we made /hateg/ where people can talk about all the thigns they hate about games

Then all generals would be saved forever
>>
>>161195093
Why only a demo? What happened to the full game?
>>
>>161196107
Gotta make /erpg/ too. MMO generals are infested with them
>>
>>161196196
He probably never finished it. And it's too late now since it's been 12 years. Probably lost the project files or whatever and it wouldn't have the same charm anyways since he's an adult now.
>>
>>161196338
Oh so it's by a teen or kid?
>>
>>161196958
probably
>>
File: tumblr_nvd8y2Hweb1uo3qoho1_500.png (215KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvd8y2Hweb1uo3qoho1_500.png
215KB, 500x370px
No matter how many games come and go from /indie/'s spotlight, LISA will always be it's one true love.
>>
>>161197505
>tumblr
>>
Honestly, we're not that dead. Some generals here exist for over an year and survive with like 30-40 posts per day.
>>
File: Clementine_Terrible.jpg (160KB, 839x436px) Image search: [Google]
Clementine_Terrible.jpg
160KB, 839x436px
>play psi build
>parts for every sniper craft in every shop
>loads of corsairs dropping

>play sniper build
>shops never have sniper parts
>fucking ARs dropping
>>
File: IMG_20161125_150341_processed.jpg (79KB, 546x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161125_150341_processed.jpg
79KB, 546x546px
>underrail = metro
>core city = polis
>faceless = dark ones
>united stations = hansa

Metro: the crpg
>>
>>161198957
But anon, Polis is three stations. That's Core, Hexagon and Dis.
>>
So how long till caltrops go away?
>>
>>161199767
never
>>
>>161199767
Why would they go away? Traps are forever.
>>
>>161202265
I can't pick them up
the only way to use them is on a choke point but i can't pass through there now without eating damage or carrying around metal shoes
>>
>>161202401
Well, that's what the Sure Step feat is for.
>>
>>161063758
I played about an hour, but it was really underwhelming. Coins are a shit concept, dungeons are both too long and easy. I was rapidly bored
>>
>>161203320
Lisa doesn't stop being good because Austin became a faggot.
>>
File: worldwide.vote.png (22KB, 1014x501px) Image search: [Google]
worldwide.vote.png
22KB, 1014x501px
>>161203320
>check worldwide.vote results
>highest trump vote in stygland
so THATS why /indie/ is talking about underrail

/pol/ pls go
>>
File: BCHXQ-BHDZ7-X7PXK.jpg (126KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
BCHXQ-BHDZ7-X7PXK.jpg
126KB, 1600x900px
>Infinifactory is a sandbox puzzle game by Zachtronics, the creators of SpaceChem and Infiniminer. Build factories that assemble products for your alien overlords, and try not to die in the process.
>>
File: PTAB-docket.jpg (52KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
PTAB-docket.jpg
52KB, 220x220px
Did that faggot complaining about traps upload his save yet?
>>
>>161206812
No, I didn't because I figured out why my traps were being avoided and I already finished the depot.
>>
>>161206963

So what was the problem? Your brain like everyone was saying?
>>
>>161206760
Thanks anon
>>
@161207036
Doesn't make the encounter any less poorly designed.
>>
>>161207285
I'm curious, did you even try searching for alternative routes or did you just try to bruteforce your way through the first and worst route you found? I mean there are so many ways through the depot, you don't even have to fight any mutants if they're too much for you.
>>
>>161198957
Styg btfo. How will Styglings ever recover?
>>
File: 1474930369383.jpg (56KB, 750x726px) Image search: [Google]
1474930369383.jpg
56KB, 750x726px
>>161207285

>yeah I know I was playing like a retard but the game is poorly designed!
>>
>>161207036
Yeah, fucking brainlets. Only intelligent gamers like myself can excel at indie crpgs
>>
File: EAVB0-CG3RI-XE98M.jpg (223KB, 1366x820px) Image search: [Google]
EAVB0-CG3RI-XE98M.jpg
223KB, 1366x820px
>TIS-100 is an open-ended programming game by Zachtronics, the creators of SpaceChem and Infinifactory, in which you rewrite corrupted code segments to repair the TIS-100 and unlock its secrets. It’s the assembly language programming game you never asked for!
>>
>>161210757
thanks anon, been wanting to try out one of the games by these devs
>>
>>161210920
If you actually knows assembly and/or work with it, you'll hate them.

Otherwise they might be good, if strange, puzzle games.
>>
>>161211105
Can confirm, felt the same way with spacechem
>>
What is Off based on again? Machinism?
>>
>>161205308
Even Serbian muslims and Serbian liberals would rather have Trump than Clinton after Kosovo.
>>
>>161211591
Machinarium
>>
File: 1470165837838.png (178KB, 950x596px) Image search: [Google]
1470165837838.png
178KB, 950x596px
>find some tichrome
>going to make some tichrome armor
>go to core city, sgs, and junkyard
>only find two metal plates
>can't carry all the random shit in my bags+the plates+my old armor
>walk around encumbered for 10 minutes
>tfw al fabet
>>
File: 250520_20161126155733_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
250520_20161126155733_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>Grilled eels- we meet again.

Oh, it's one of those guys...
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
>Brad`s dad is still alive but you kill him Lisa is Brads sister and Buddy hates you

Wew lad I did not see that coming
>>
File: Subterrain_NewFog.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Subterrain_NewFog.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone played Subterrain? Is it any good?

Looks like something I might like, especially with the base building and random elements, but I also know a lot of it is on a pseudo-timer and I really don't like time pressure in most games.
>>
File: 250520_20161127022342_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
250520_20161127022342_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I like to think I'm a pacifist because I handle most quests with the least amount of violence, but when it comes to the hostile bandits and freaks wandering the Underrails I blow them all away.
>>
File: 250520_20161127024949_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
250520_20161127024949_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>open the door
>throw a molotov
>close the door

Burn, you sons of bitches
>>
>>161214898
never heard of it, thought it was some underrail dlc for a second. seems everyone is playing underrail in this thread
>>
>>161211591
manichaeism, which I believe is a religious belief system.
>>
Underrail.

What's the best barrel / addons ect for a burst AR build? Obviously the +2 burst, but what else is there? Also currently running some garbage tungsten armor but 0 mobility is killing me, i just hit the faceless invasion part, should i throw on some electric/bio resistant riot armor until i get to deep caverns or tichrome-tier super heavy armor? Is the mobility of Riot Gear any good? Also should i get a helmet or stick with the '+% Special Attack' goggles?

Is there any like fleshed out discussion sites for this game? The Wiki is crap and Steam Discussion is a dumpster fire, the odd /v/ thread is where i get most of my info on this game.
>>
>>161214547
Have you played Joyful yet?
>>
>>161218513
>rifle mods
+2 burst is actually not that good unless you want to make a literal bullet hose SMG.

The best one is probably smart module for insane special attack bonus. I usually use the second slot for either rapid reloader for less AP cost or barrel compensator for burst accuracy, or normal scope at low levels.

>armor
I aint gonna explain all that shit, just read the wiki
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Armor

Anyways, sprint is good mobility addition if you've got the agility for it. You can also craft spring boots, or tabi boots if you dont care about armor that much.

If you want to keep metal armor and more mobility, get armor sloping and nimble. You'll eventually get better metals and can craft metal armor that stays around 50% penalty, which is also nice for juggernaut.

Why electric/bio though? Sturdy/regenerative vests 4lyfe. Your energy shield should be enough for whatever electric defense you'll ever need and a spare gas mask is all you need against bio at this point.

Helmets fuck up your perception, so goggles or helmet is a offense vs defense tradeoff.

>discussion
Right now 4chan is the fastest. The official forum is lethargic, rpgcodex forum is dead and steam forum is full of casuals as always. How is the wiki even a discussion site?
>>
>>161220462

Cheers, as for the vest i just saw the faceless had bio / laser weapons and assumed they're going to be an annoyance to come so might as well specify against them if i can't get the better materials for heavy armour, i'll keep a gas mask on hand though.

Also sometimes wikis have discussions / guides on them in the talk / user sections.

This is also my first run btw. When do i start coming across Chimera AR parts or top tier materials?
>>
>>161220845
Lasers deal energy damage, not electricity. You've already got that covered with metal armor.
And the faceless doctors have acid guns, not bio. Bio is mostly toxic gas.

Material quality keeps going up as you play the game and you won't get any top tier stuff before endgame, but you might find some good midgame stuff (100+ quality) in shops right now.
Take the train to visit all the big cities and do some window shopping. IIRC the gun shop in Core sells chimera frames.
>>
>>161221315

How far am i from endgame? I know there's still Foundry, Institute of Tchort and Deep Caverns, i assume i'm about 20-30% through.
>>
>>161221614
Far.
>i just hit the faceless invasion part
So you just returned the drill parts, that's the short early game.

You're just starting the huge midgame section. There's lots of new stuff in the caves too, not just on the metro. Did you check your mail after the faceless invasion cutscene?
>>
>>161221853

Yeah i've done all the hathor / battery stuff, pretty sure i've cleared the entirety of the upper caves that was innacessible without TNT.

I get the feeling i'm gonna get involved with some 3 way shenanigans with all the core oligarchs so is it worth pumping persuasion Its at 0 right now, also do any of the crafting stats get useless or extremely diminished returns (Like i have to put an extra 40 points in before the next craftable Biology / Chemistry item shows up? I can already harvest / craft pretty much everything in those trees as it stands and i can't imagine new stuff popping up until Deep Caverns).
>>
>>161222085
Persuasion checks are infrequent, but when it happens it's usually something important. Like the SGS council meeting about junkyard gang war.

Mechanics/electronics/tailoring are always useful since the components scale in quality.

For biology it's probably best to check the requirements for drugs you want to make. See the wiki blueprint pages, they tell you the skill/material requirements and where to find the blueprint.

Chemistry isn't important unless you're specced in chemical pistols, crossbows or explosives.
>>
File: sniper v2.png (180KB, 1868x1274px) Image search: [Google]
sniper v2.png
180KB, 1868x1274px
>>161195462
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2791.0

>About feats:
>Aimed Shot, Snipe, Critical Power and Sharpshooter are an absolute must. Playing a sniper is all about stacking critical damage/special attack bonuses and using it with Aimed Shot for a guranteed kill every 3 turns. Snipe should be used at the beginning of combat.

>Depending on your sidearm of choice you will want different feats. If you want ARs get AR feats, if you want SMGs get some SMG feats etc. You will figure it out. I tend to go with pistols and take Gunslinger, Kneecap Shot, Point Shot and Rapid Fire.

>Other feats that can be useful include Sprint, Paranoia (for the +5 initiative, I will talk about that later), Nimble, Interloper, Blitz, Uncanny Dodge, Recklessness, Ambush, Escape Artist etc. Basically anything that allows you to be more mobile and get out of harms way or hel you score critical hits.
>>
>>161222493

Sweet. Thanks for all this. What are the ramifications of not getting SGS to help at Junkyard? Anything tangible or just change how the ending plays out?
>>
>>161222717

Also how the fuck do i beat Pulverizer in the Arena? Do i have to come back in like 10+ levels or something he one turn instagibs me and even if i EMP his shield down i barely shave his HP.
>>
>>161222803

nvm i'll just net him.
>>
>>161222717
There are mutually exclusive questlines for Protectorate and Free Drones. Not sure how much the whole junkyard thing changes their shenanigans.

But it changes the ending slides like in Fallouts, that I know for sure.
>>
File: double pushblock.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
double pushblock.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
Im going for a puncher build in underrail and i feel weak as fuck. I crafted boots and gloves with blades but I noticed some of my attacks do 0 damage. Am i doing something wrong?
>>
File: meanwhile_in_underrail.png (421KB, 640x521px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile_in_underrail.png
421KB, 640x521px
>>
>>161225425
fuck me look at all those frames
>>
>>161227382
You added blades or spikes?

Spikes deal additional mechanical damage but it's separate from the main damage so enemies with good DT can easily resis it.

Blades give a chance to apply bleeding.

Your damage will be quite low at the beginning, that's normal. Take Expertise, it adds your level to all your non-crit damage so it's great for builds that hit many times per turn.

I'm guesing you have troubles with psi beetles since they are the first enemy with decent DT. Try using grenades and traps. Also, their DT drops by quite a bit when they expose their brains.
>>
>>161229434
I added spikes, also i was having trouble with thugs in the junkyard. Psi beetles weren't a problem at all.
>>
>>161231161
>I added spikes
That explains why you are dealing zero damage, they are easy to resist if the enemy has any DT, they are best against unarmored targets. They benefit from Expertise too though, so they will get stronger later.

Junkyard thugs are pretty strong for the level you encounter them on, that's why you can just pay the fee.

That said, a well placed MK II frag is usually enough to kill/heavily injure most of them.
>>
how the fuck am I supposed to put the package in the vent for abram's thing in junkyard, the only vents are in the ambassador's offices and there's people standing right fucking next to them
>>
Am I going crazy or do mines/traps you disarm no longer go in your inventory? I played UR a year ago and had lots of spare traps by disarming enemy ones, but now I'm not getting anything after disarming.
>>
>>161233208
There is a vent in ambassador's room, in deputy's room and in an empty room behing a locked door.

You can use persuasion to make the dupty go away for a moment leaving you all alone in the room or opening the locked door, I think it was 80 hacking. You can also plant the bug near people if your stealth is really high, but you won't have much time before they detect you.

You sure you are cut out for infiltration work?

>>161233692
They still go to inventory if your traps skill is much higher than the trap difficulty or if they are your own traps, nothing changed.
>>
File: 1476232437855.gif (528KB, 199x194px) Image search: [Google]
1476232437855.gif
528KB, 199x194px
>put mines down in spider den
>walk into one of their webs on purpose
>>
>>161234586
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>the hunter has become the hunted
That's pretty clever.
>>
>>161233208
It's actually very simple.
Pass the Persuasion check and you'll have an easy time.

Or don't, and have an even easier time.
Buy some Stealth increasing equipment. Balaclava, Ninja Tabi, armor, or craft a Cloaking Device, it doesn't really matter. Just get some Stealth.

Now go to the room.
Enter Stealth next to the door, where you are out of sight.
Start walking up to the Vent.
When you almost passed the shelf next to the wall, enter stealth.
Go to the Vent, exit stealth, and release the Spawn.

I just did some tests, and I had enough time to do this with as low as 10 Stealth.
>>
>>161234971
>When you almost passed the shelf next to the wall, enter stealth.Go to the Vent, exit stealth, and release the Spawn.

The fuck is wrong with me. That was supposed to be enter and exit combat, obviously.
>>
>>161093285
>can't even figure out how to enter combat mode for proper stealth ambushing
Amazing. To be fair UR can punish people; that was retarded though.
>>
File: 271820_20161127161326_1.png (988KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161127161326_1.png
988KB, 1920x1080px
Wait a second that Iji game is by the same devs as ittle dew? I wasn't aware how many games this studio made already before I played this card game.
I also like this card system. It has that heartstone cancer but also tripple triad elements.
>>
File: 1474321530826.jpg (14KB, 511x416px) Image search: [Google]
1474321530826.jpg
14KB, 511x416px
>>161234586

>attempt to disarm mine
>pixel moves a millimeter and walk into it
>>
>>161235182
He couldn't figure out how to equip and load a gun, actual tactics are on whole another level.
>>
Harbinger or corsair?
>>
>>161234971
>>161235058
Correction #2: I mixed up my items. The threshold is 10, but you can only do this with 11 or more.

At 10 or less, you will be instantly detected, no detection time.
At 11 or more, you will get enough time to do what I said.

Sorry about that. Still, if you can't get 11 Stealth from somewhere, you really are not cut for this line of work.
>>
>>161236347
See >>161222645
Corsairs are inferior in every way except for one thing- they can use 7.62 and shoot twice/turn with adrenaline why harbingers can be only in 8.6.

So up to you really. I would go with harbinger because of their tight damage range, more likely to actually one shot enemies.
>>
>>161236583
>why harbingers can be only in 8.6.
when* harbingers can be only in 8.6/12.7*.
>>
File: logo-big.png (122KB, 800x137px) Image search: [Google]
logo-big.png
122KB, 800x137px
https://youtu.be/PbKDXlvooAg Indie sandbox roguelike with Dungeon Keeper twist
>>
File: 1325519931298.png (40KB, 371x260px) Image search: [Google]
1325519931298.png
40KB, 371x260px
>>161236708
>Indie sandbox roguelike
Are we doing this joke again where we list seemingly random genre descriptions to create the most generic game description?
>>
>>161236708
v(iew)
report back later if it's notable one way or the other.
>>
I just checked my spam folder. Thanks for Styx, J, you didn't have to.
>>
>>161228437
Literally my build
>>
File: 1479504211926.jpg (191KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1479504211926.jpg
191KB, 499x499px
The hardest part of Junkyard wasn't the mutants, dogs, sentry bots, or autoturrets.

It wasn't even the gang war.

It was ferrying the mountain of loot back to SGS after it was all over. I've got more guns, armor, ammo, mines, EMPs, flashbangs, parts, organs, and fur, than I know what to do with. It will take years for traders to buy off all the shit I picked up.
>>
>>161240779
Can you get transport companions that carry load?
>>
Seraph on sale at chrono.gg
>>
Before I start UR, are throwing knives a viable way to kill shit?
>>
>>161241653
They are, but Throwing and Traps are generally considered support skills. That doesn't mean that it's not possible to make a build around them, there was an anon who finished the game with a Throwing build. But you probably shouldn't try that on your first run.

So use them, but have a primary combat skill.
>>
>>161241830
Is throwing AND traps or throwing OR traps recommended?
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/467380/
This cute and free game was in my recommened storepage.
>>
>>161242278

You can never go wrong with traps. Good for setting up defensive chokes, good for setting up patrol ambushes, good for saving endless bandages/hypos from walking into minefields blind.

Throwing is much more optional. Obviously it's nice to have a guarantee that your frag isn't going to explode in your face, but not necessary to winning fights if you avoid throwing altogether.
>>
>>161241653
They are more of an utility to apply poisons and stuff, but I guess you could make a build around them since they do get some nice feats.

Far from optimal na probably hard to pull off on your first run though.
>>
>>161243032

And to be clear, traps are waaaay better for ranged builds, especially if you focus on explosive traps. Bears traps can still let you tear shit up regardless of your build. I usually throw down a big mix of bear, HE, and frag mines if I know I'm about to face 3+ enemies. Takes a while to set up, but virtually guarantees everything will die before they manage to reach you.
>>
>>161063758
buy brigador instead ~owlboy is grea though.
>>
>>161240779
Charons are much more valuable and widely used than SGS credits.
>>
>>161248141

I know, I meant bring them back to SGS for storage. I keep all loot tucked away in my room.
>>
>1 whole container of gasoline = 1 molotov
christ
>>
>>161248527
Old fuels get watered down a lot in the future ti be able to still have it for a few years.
>>
>>161248308
Is it safe
>>
>>161248527
Gas fully expires after 10 or so years. Wonder where they even get it
>>
>>161225425
I dont' get it?
>>
>>161249501
>Wonder where they even get it
Soilent Green is people!
>>
>>161235229
Oh yeah and they're coming out with a dungeon RPG crawler thing too I think. One thing I noticed is if you see the weird platypus thing in a game then it's theirs. That any all their games have the exact same art style.
>>
>locus of control
>enrage
The game just plays itself.
>>
File: 271820_20161125182021_1.png (661KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161125182021_1.png
661KB, 1920x1080px
>>161249816
I love the platypus.
The secret platypus weightlifter boss in Ittle Dew was surprisingly hard. I read they nerfed that thing way after I beat it.
>>
File: old.jpg (479KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
479KB, 1920x1080px
Good times.
>>
>>161248308
You don't really need that much money.
What are you spending it on?
>>
What happens after you send al fabet to DC?
I couldn't find him anywher
>>
Is Yell a good move? Either game.
>>
>>161250515
Me neither. I'm wondering about this too.
>>
I REALLY want to play Bat Castle but i can't get past the first enemy. Is there more to this fight than just using Ghost Potion?
>>
>>161250381
DON'T BE MEAN TO SHUCKLE!
>>
I still hate Rogue Legacy
>>
>>161250940
Hate is astrong word. I despise what it stands for but it serves as time waster when watching longer stuff like GDQ.
>>
>hurr durr powerplant east
>go all the way to camp hathor
>no fucking power plant
so, what the fuck, did I just get epic troled by harold
>>
>>161252983
Bomb his faggot ass
>>
>>161252983
You mean the battery recyling plant?

It's directly east to the crossroad watch, that place where Old Jonas is before the eartquake.

>>go all the way to camp hathor
It's literally on the way to Camp Hathor.
>>
Can I kill the beast with thought control abilities instead of the usual way?
>>
>>161253616
I fucking went to camp hathor and there wasn't any fucking power plant you dipshit
>>
>>161254256
Nope. It's immune to everything.
>>
>>161254472
wait a second.... the only other npcs in the game immune to everything are the...
>>
Here's a free download link/key for my kinda shitty obscure indie game, play if you like (I'll leave the key open for a week or so), there's a sale on if you want to throw me a few bucks, but then you'll have to click yourself to the game outside of this link I guess, part of the price.

https://chimruoigames.itch.io/backfire/download/pUf_Z7L0Kvyu0COQ4Z1rWZYDW5Hdu0LNmXqmf1CI
>>
>>161254472
>mine 30 ore
fucking hell
>>
File: hurr.png (756KB, 4289x3161px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
756KB, 4289x3161px
>>161254306
Your spatial cognition is terrible.
>>
File: 271820_20161127220952_1.png (689KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161127220952_1.png
689KB, 1920x1080px
Oh shit it's dating time!
>>
>>161255151
KICK HER ASS!
>>
File: 1444093882594.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1444093882594.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>>161255104

>Tilting the map so North is East

I am so fucking triggered.
>>
File: 271820_20161127221100_1.png (678KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161127221100_1.png
678KB, 1920x1080px
>>161255151
Man she really likes rocks. She is talking about nothing else.
>>
>>161255379
Just turn it 90 degrees if it bothers you so much.
>>
File: 271820_20161127221217_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161127221217_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>161255483
FUCK SHE KNOWS ME SO WELL
>>161255348
I already beat her in a card duel earlier.
>>
>>161255104
according to your shit map I should have passed through the plant going to hathor, but there was nothing
>>
File: 271820_20161127221252_1.png (936KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161127221252_1.png
936KB, 1920x1080px
>>161255694
I did it. She said something of taking me to a bear ore mine later. I wonder if this was optional for that area. Anyway our relationship will be rock solid for years.
>>
File: 800px-Cv7.png (220KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Cv7.png
220KB, 800x430px
>>161255895
You did notice that you need to get into a ventilation shaft, right?
>>
>anons tell me perception is shit
>finding loads of trapdoors, safes, secret passages

dinguses, all of you
>>
Junkyard isn't so bad but those trapdoors take so fucking long to clear.
>>
>>161255483
How about you try to rock her world.
>>
>>161256163
okay so I'm there but the doors are locked, they can't be picked or hacked, and the shit harold told me to find isn't in the desks, is this a fucking joke?
>>
>>161256471
Not sure if I wan to set in stone that part of our relationship yet.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (32KB, 418x272px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
32KB, 418x272px
>>161256171
>3 dex
>3 agi
>3 per
help
>>
File: 1.png (22KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
22KB, 220x200px
>>161256597
You should find an utility bot remote control device and see an utility bot through the window.

Gee I wonder what could be done here.
>>
>>161256597
I was thinking you were just oblivious to the entrance to the place instead of being fucking retarded and actually going in and leaving.
I always underestimate people's ability to fail.
>>
>>161256597

How did you manage to finish Depot A if you're too stupid to figure out something as simple as the power plant sideline.
>>
propagande globaliste
>>
Is telekenetic proxy good for anything?
I haven't really been using it because my other spells are so good.
Cryokinetic orb seems to do about nothing.
>>
File: 384490_20161127164314_1.png (512KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
384490_20161127164314_1.png
512KB, 1920x1080px
If I restart my game in Necropolis, will I claim the Tokens of Favor I earned for the playthrough I did or not? I just want to claim my hella tokens without suicide.
>>
>>161257785
>Is telekenetic proxy good for anything?
Holy shit, are you serious? Do you not want to double-Implosion and double punch? The Proxy is one of the strongest abilities.
>>
>>161257746
hot
>>
File: cc1.jpg (659KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cc1.jpg
659KB, 1920x1080px
Should I join Free Drones or not? What do you think of the Free Drones?
>>
>>161257746
DO NOT
>>
>>161258054
One punch is usually enough.
I don't have implosion yet.
I didn't realize it was so cheap to cast though.
>>
>>161258698
>joining anarchist scum
nty
>>
>>161258698
If ya want. Listen to everyone's ideals, contrast them, then decide.
>>
>>161258698
The movement itself is not bad, but the South Underrail cell is literally retarded.

>would rather see a settlement destroyed by bandits rather than let Protectorate help it

>accuses people for collaborating without any proof and kills civilians/envoys, including chemical attacks

>don't actually do shit to help people whatsoever, the olny thing they do is fuck shit up for everyone while Protectorate gives food and deals with bandits even if it's to gain popularity

>half of their memebers are total fuck ups who don't even know what are they fighting for, Kokoschka literally doesn't know what Protectorate is
>>
>>161259058
>>161258980
I want to disadvantage the Protectorate to help SGS and the Free Drones are opposed to the Protectorate.
>>
How far into the game is the Junkyard? Like 1/5th or something?
>>
>>161259315

Junkyard is the tutorial test. If you pass it, you're ready to play the game.
>>
>>161259273
>including chemical attacks
Yeah, right, totally not a CAU false flag, no sir, no way. Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
>>
>>161259315
If you just arrived there? You are about 5% in.
>>
>>161259282
>I want to disadvantage the Protectorate to help SGS
Haha.
But anyway, if that is the case, definitely join the Drones.
>>
>>161260170
Multiple people mention Free Drones launching chemical attacks on trains, including the doctor from Protectorate base that is a victim of one. Not likely Protectorate would attack its own people just to discredit a small thorn in their side.

Besides, I put more trust into anti-terrorist unit with questionable methods that anarchists that want you to kill a fucking envoy as a rite of passage.
>>
>>161260635
Those attacks all happened in the North. That isn't just a small thorn, the movement is anything but small there. And of course Protectorate people would rather believe what they are told than suspect a false flag.
>>
>>161259591
>>161260295
Are you talking about close to completion of every side quest or what?
>>
>>161260881
Why would I supsect a false flag when they are clearly not above killing civlians?

They want you to kill an envoy, they want to see Rail Crossing destroyed rather than protected by Protectorate, they don't help anyone but themselves. Meanwhile I've seen Protectorate give out food, deal with bandits and CAU killing terrorists with methods that don't put soldier lives at stake.

That said Protectorare are not saints either but at least they have saving graces, Drones have none. At least not the southern cell we meet.
>>
>>161261204

When people say Junkyard/Depot A they're basically saying the drill circuit board quest. If you manage to get it you should be able to get through the rest of the game. Depot A is downright impossible with retarded builds, it's basically a filter telling casuals to give up or reroll.
>>
>>161261736
>Depot A is downright impossible with retarded builds
Not really, Depot A can be finished quite easily with sub optmial builds if you make use of everything at your disposal.

As a matter of fact the whole game can be finished with no combat skills at all, I'm in the middle of a pacifist run and Depot A was actually a breeze.

Keep in mind you don't actually have to kill anything in there, you are only supposed to find the circuit board.
>>
>>161261736
I was referring more to the 5% of the way done. It's hard to imagine everything up to this point being 5% of the way excluding all the optional things.

I haven't had much trouble up until now so hopefully that will continue.
>>
>>161261238
Do we really have to go through how underground resistances work? Do you think they should set up a Charity and do fundraisers in the middle of the town? As for the Protectorate, they were in the middle of establishing their presence in Junkyard. They were building out the support lines, and moving in to slowly pressure SGS into joining. That they handed out some food was nothing but a stunt to keep Junkyard people from resisting their moves.

Next you are going to tell me everything the CNN reports must be true, because it's mainstream media.

They killed an envoy from the Protectorate. They decided to sacrifice a city when there was no other way.

>CAU killing terrorists with methods that don't put soldier lives at stake
You are conveniently ignoring the part where you were not supposed to survive, and they wouldn't have given the slightest of fucks because you are just a southerner, not even human in their eyes.
>>
>>161261736
yeah man depot a is so hard core
you either
>sneak past everything
or
>spam traps and fight them with a lot of grenades
or
>craft mutated dog leather armor first THEN spam traps and fight them
ive cleared on like 5 characters now lol im really good at this game
>>
Would a super duper secretrecruit-able millybe a good idea or should she just be kept a pure villain
>>
>>161262162
So wait, what you want to know is how far you are in the main quest? That isn't that easy to say, because you'll have some freedom with skipping parts of it. I'd say about 2/10 in then.

But considering only the main quest would be pointless. It's hard to understand when you are still in the tutorial, but there is a wast amount of side content and exploration to be done once the map opens up.
>>
>>161262162
average run is around 80~ hours if that's what you wanted to know
junkyard is the end of the tutorial
>>
File: Classic Game.png (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Game.png
61KB, 640x480px
I have been playing CLASSIC GAME for 0 minutes and now I love CLASSIC GAME
>>
>>161262359
>Do we really have to go through how underground resistances work? Do you think they should set up a Charity and do fundraisers in the middle of the town?
I think their goal should be to help people and to make a good reputation for themsleves, not fuck everything up for the sake of fucking it up for everyone and kill civilians based on slightest suspicions.

Ask around, most people are scared of Drones more than they are of Protectorate. Even Sneaky despises their actions even though she supports their goals.

> As for the Protectorate, they were in the middle of establishing their presence in Junkyard. They were building out the support lines, and moving in to slowly pressure SGS into joining. That they handed out some food was nothing but a stunt to keep Junkyard people from resisting their moves.
Which doesn't change the fact that they do help people while all Drones do is make everoyne lives more miserable.

Next you are going ot tell me them killing bandits doesn't matter as well because it's just a stunt. Bandits are dead and people are safer nevertheless.

>Next you are going to tell me everything the CNN reports must be true, because it's mainstream media.
No, I'm saying I have no reason not to believe in Drones launching chemical attack before I saw that they are not above that first hand.

>They killed an envoy from the Protectorate.
It's still an envoy. Diplomatic immunity is a thing for a reason.

>They decided to sacrifice a city when there was no other way.
Yeah, they would rather see bandits kill people over Protectorate helping them. This is not a good thing, it only shows they have their priorities backwards.

con.
>>
>>161261919
Depot A was harder than most areas for me with a psi+armor build because I didn't have much psi or armor.
>>
>>161262359
>>161263523
> before I saw that they are not above that first hand
>before
because*

>You are conveniently ignoring the part where you were not supposed to survive, and they wouldn't have given the slightest of fucks because you are just a southerner, not even human in their eyes.
If that was the case Mareth wouldn't gift you with a set of their armor. No one really cares about you being a southerner because you get shit done, except for Fraser. Fraser is a dick.
>>
>>161261736
>>161261919
I tried that and Im getting fucked because I don't have high enough perception or traps to even see the HE mines scattered all over
I can't even grind cause Oddities
>>
>>161262908
If it was super secret and only on new game plus
>>
>>161263767
>I tried that
You mean a pacifist run?

> Im getting fucked because I don't have high enough perception or traps to even see the HE mines
I'm getting some skill in traps (not a combat skill, subterfurge and I don't even use it) to deal with the few mandatory fights later on.

My PER is 7 (10 with snooping, enough to find all the screts in the game) so it's enough to see mines if you go slowly. I wear motion detecting goggles, too.

>I can't even grind cause Oddities
You are only missing out on oddities dropped by creatures, hell you can even pickpocket thing like Lunatic Poetry from enemies if you have ninja looter and high stealth/pickpocketing.
>>
>>161263157
>>161263502
I understand. I'm trying to take my time, but at the same time I'm working through my backlog so I was just curious around where I was at.
>>
>>161263523
>>161263637
I seriously don't understand the point you are trying to make. It seems to me you are not as much against what the Free Drones do than against resistances in general. Resistances are not pretty, because they work from a position of disadvantage.

Make good reputation? How do you do that when you are trying to remove a fascist government from power? Diplomatic immunity? What diplomatic immunity when they are trying to tear the Protectorate down one step at a time? When a revolution breaks out people hang politicians on the streets, lynch their families, burn down their offices. You don't just nicely ask them to step down, it's violent, and it's the end goal of the movement. They are just not quite there yet.

And the Protectorate plays the same game. They spread propaganda, they discredit their enemies, they make shit up to get what they want. Just ask Foundry.
>Not long after, the Protectorate, now firmly established in the South, used this opportunity to conquer the weakened city under made up pretext of Foundry supplying their mortal enemy - the Free Drones.

And Mareth not only dismissed your accusation for the mutagen fiasco, he downright blamed it on you.
>>
>>161263520
I wonder why the dev called it CLASSIC GAME. I like it.
>>
>>161265079
>Make good reputation? How do you do that when you are trying to remove a fascist government from power?
Try to get the common people on your side, not make everyone scared of you.

I'm not against resistances but they are doing it all wrong. When the common people fear you more than the fascist government you are trying to overthrow you clearly fucked up.

>And the Protectorate plays the same game. They spread propaganda, they discredit their enemies, they make shit up to get what they want. Just ask Foundry.
I'm well aware of that. As I said the thing is Protectorate has saving graces, Drones don't.

>And Mareth not only dismissed your accusation for the mutagen fiasco, he downright blamed it on you.
Well you were responsible for rigging the canister, not him.

There are 3 possible ways to explain why the cansiter has been cracked open prematurely.

1. Will fucked up
2. Will is a Free Drones spy, sipmly didn't want them to die like this and wanted to give them more time, or despised CAU methods so much he wanted to see them die in the process

3. Mareth himself told him to rig it that way to kill you

1 and 2 are a possibility, but 3 doesn't make much sense to me. You already proved to be a vauleable asset so they have no reason to get rid of you, Mareth gifts you a set of their armor after the fact, it just doesn't add up.

Plus, he says he will take care of Will if you tell him to.
>>
Did I fuck up by flooding the burrower den above Hathor without exploring the bottom (flooded) area? Like any rare loot or oddities I won't be able to grab? Or does the water go away after a while?
>>
File: kE6lbq.png (51KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
kE6lbq.png
51KB, 200x200px
>>161265912
>I'm not against resistances but they are doing it all wrong. When the common people fear you more than the fascist government you are trying to overthrow you clearly fucked up.

I think Chairman Mao would disagree with you.
>>
>>161266985
Nah, there's only more burrowers and some vendortrash there
>>
File: banana-019.png (318KB, 920x435px) Image search: [Google]
banana-019.png
318KB, 920x435px
>>161266985
there's a plasma gun with ammo iirc
>>
>>161267237

I don't give a fuck about guns, I got more than I'll ever need from the Junkyard gang war. I'm mostly concerned about unique items and oddities.
>>
File: CLASSIC001.png (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CLASSIC001.png
54KB, 640x480px
How long is CLASSIC GAME demo?
>>
>>161263767

Make sure you have the Jackknife equipped (not in your inventory or offhand, EQUIPPED) from the GMS compound run. Since it boosts your trapping skill, it also boosts your chances of spotting traps. Granted, if your trapping skill is shit, it won't help much, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>161267096
Are you implying Mao is a good guy?

This fat manlet hateboner for sparrows caused tens of millions of deaths, as his great idea to melt wortheless pig iron instead of farming food.
>>
>>161265912
>When the common people fear you more than the fascist government you are trying to overthrow you clearly fucked up.

Good thing that isn't the case then. As it happens, very few people even know anything about the Drones. Sneaky supports them but not the methods she believes they use. Buzzer simply supports them. Half of Rail Crossing are only casually aware of their existence, and some support opposing the Protectorate, just not necessarily openly. Vera came from the Protectorate, she is part of the system. Eidein acknowledges the necessity of their existence.

So what fear are you talking about? There is the Tchortist doctor, but his insight into the whole situation is limited.

>1 and 2 are a possibility, but 3 doesn't make much sense to me.
Upon replaying the quest I have to agree with you here. I forgot that Mareth really didn't have much to do with the whole rigging process, nor did he get hold of the bomb to get it rigged himself. It was most likely just a honest mistake on Will's part.
>>
>>161264189
Sneaking past everything, not pacifist.
>>161267804
I'll look for that
>>
>>161268235

You should be carrying it at all times, since you never know when you need a lockpicking boost. I don't know how anyone can ignore that knife.
>>
Didnt know all I had to do was ask for the key to go back to the vault. Ifms there anything worthwhile there? Also I abandoned the slaves. Would they still be there after all this time?
>>
File: 1478414322624.jpg (29KB, 294x297px) Image search: [Google]
1478414322624.jpg
29KB, 294x297px
>>161268397
>is there anything worthwhile in a burrower den
>>
>>161267550
>Warm
Is this av survival game
>>
>give 9000 charons for super steel
>fuck off in the caves for an hour and a half
>come back
>still not ready
What the shit.
>>
Any indie games that fill the gap left by Ragnarok? ToS is s h i t
>>
>>161268345
I couldn't get it because of a bug that has been in the game since release.
>>
>>161269069
Wait, seriously? What bug? And why didn't you report it?
>>
>>161268070
>So what fear are you talking about? There is the Tchortist doctor, but his insight into the whole situation is limited.
I seem to recall many people around Core City being afraid of them when asked, around the lower level.

>here is the Tchortist doctor, but his insight into the whole situation is limited.
Well as matter of fact Buzzer insight for example is limited as well.

I'm not overly pro-Protectorate either, but I prefer them over what Free Drones do. That said I cockblocked them whenever possible even though I joined them- I worked for Abram, I didn't let them help Black Eels, I stole the shield emmiters for Gorsky etc.

It's easier to fix them from inside, like in the renegade quest. Southern Free Drones are beyond help.

Also, Fraser is a dick but he sells micro-shrapnel 7.72 blueprint, accepts US credits and has lots of AP ammo for sell. That tips the scale for me.
>>
>>161269132
Probably the GMS crash that's only in 1.0.1.8-10
>>
File: soonTM.png (43KB, 1496x608px) Image search: [Google]
soonTM.png
43KB, 1496x608px
>>161269132
>>
>>161268863
takes 40 minutes if I recall correctly.
>>
>>161268397
>Ifms there anything worthwhile there?
Well...burrowers, an oddiy or two, maybe some loot if you get lucky.

Not really.
>>
>>161269231
Can't you just keep the old man alive then?
>>
>>161267983
No, I'm implying he's the most successful guerilla of all time.
>>
File: 1464538953710.jpg (49KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
1464538953710.jpg
49KB, 800x596px
>trying sniper build
>find my first rifle
>enemies are impossible to hit unless they're < 5 tiles from me
explain this bullshit, why the fuck would I use a rifle if it literally works the same as an SMG but with retarded AP cost
>>
>>161269465
It's a little too late for that.
Bastard kept getting hit by chain lightning then refused to stop being hostile so I killed him.
I only have 12 lockpicking skill at level 15 so the knife wouldn't help that much anyway.
>>
>>161269472
Yeah, and he's also one of the biggest fuck ups in the whole history, resposible for tens of millions of deaths of his own people and one of the biggest economic and social fiascos to date.

That's hardly successful. It's like saying nuking the country is a good way of overthrowing the government because that way it won't rule anything anymore.

Like sure his revolution was a success but when it comes to actually managing a country I would rather have a mentally retarded 6 year old in charge than him.

If you're saying that Free Drones should use the same methods then it's another reason to fucking gas them.
>>
>>161269889
get night vision goggles
>find your first rifle
>not crafting your own
maybe the build isn't for you
>>
>>161269889
Are you using the standard scope?

Are you using a bipod?

I your gun skill as high as possible?

Is your STR at least 5?

Are you trying to hit enemies in total darkness?

Are you moving before shooting?

You should see 70-80% hit chance in the optimal range (no more than 14 tiles) most of the time, maybe less if the enemy has high evasion and it's really dark.

Light is a big factor. Throw flares beforehand and lure enemies into them, let them get close to mindshrooms or other light sources if there are any etc.
>>
>>161270239
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
no
>>161270115
fuck you I just got to junkyard how the fuck am I going to craft them
>>
>>161270706
>Are you trying to hit enemies in total darkness?
>yes
Well there's your problem.

Or at least a part of it. You still should see something like 60% most of the time.

What's the enemy in question you had trouble with? How high was your hit chance?

It will be some time until you get night vision goggles that will allow you to ignore light penalties. Until then, make use of natura light sources, flares and molotovs. Molotovs are especially bright so they can up your hit chance by quite a lot when enemies stand in the flames.
>>
>>161271104
what do I need for night vision goggles
like skills and items
>>
File: 271820_20161128013159_1.png (977KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161128013159_1.png
977KB, 1920x1080px
What a manly heterosexual bar owner.
>>
>>161269136
>I seem to recall many people around Core City being afraid of them when asked, around the lower level.
Just did a quick run around the Docks, Middle, and Lower CC. as well as the Drop Zone.

It doesn't even come up as a dialogue option, and the people there mainly talk about the Faceless. Generic Travelers have the "Protectorate in Core City? Damn..." line, and Mac Orion of course complains about all the shitty Free Drone graffiti. But as far as I can tell that's it.

>Well as matter of fact Buzzer insight for example is limited as well.
Not saying he is either, it's not like he even tried to make an argument. I was just trying to collect all the discussion about the drones as best as I remembered, sans those who are clearly allied with one of the two factions. Although I somehow ended up forgetting Gorsky, and considering he firmly believes that he and Ezra would both get executed by the Protectorate, Ezra probably isn't much of a fan either. That being said I doubt he cares much one way or another, he'll cockroach his way out of it anyway.

>I'm not overly pro-Protectorate either, but I prefer them over what Free Drones do.
And I'm not overly a fan of the Drones, but the Protectorate should stay the fuck away from my turf because I'm firmly pro-Old Biocorp.

You know, if you didn't work for them you wouldn't even need to think about finding a merchant for your worthless currency.
>>
>>161271478
>like skills
Electronics.

>items
Goggle, that one is easy.

Any kind of lenses, that one is easy too.

Energy core, that's easy too.

And an image intensifier tube, that's the hard part. They very rarely show up until you are done with Depot A in Junkyard and are pretty rare after that. Check weapon and electronics shops for them.

Electronics shops sell them too, but they will cost you a fortune so early in the game, if you manage to find them at all.
>>
>>161271759
>You know, if you didn't work for them you wouldn't even need to think about finding a merchant for your worthless currency.
You find some here and there. You find a lot of it during Free Drones questline as well.

There is that one trader in Upper Underrail that accepts them but he rarely has anything good. Fraser on the other hand has good shit from time to time.
>>
File: CyToijiWIAAZleV.webm (2MB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
CyToijiWIAAZleV.webm
2MB, 640x384px
Which will be better: CLASSIC GAME or Loren Schmidt's Untitled Game?
>>
File: 1472890710860.jpg (42KB, 509x387px) Image search: [Google]
1472890710860.jpg
42KB, 509x387px
>>161271759

I fucking hate Gorsky so much.

>you want shooting range advice? go fuck yourself

>hey go search for a way to open this GMS door while I sit here and jack off
>you killed a bunch of bandits a freed civilian hostages? I don't give a shit open the fucking door

>wow, you think you're some kind of hotshot for navigating a derelict minefield full of hounds, mutants, and malicious AI? go fuck yourself

>hey, I'm gonna head to core city and get shitfaced in the bar, meet me there after you clean up all the shit afflicting camp hathor as well as the faceless in rail crossing
>geeze, sure took your sweet time getting here huh faggot
>>
>>161272424
Don't forget he basically shows a middle finger to SGS as soon as he gets to Core City and takes advantage of the fact that you think he still is with SGS.
>>
>>161267096
Fuck off Trudeau
>>
>>161271980
You don't have to buy anything from that guy though. You can just use him to exchange your Protectorate bucks to charons and melt it all down.
>>
>>161272787
Yeah but his money is limited.

All I really care about is guaranteed shrapnel 7.62 and more AP ammo to a lesser degree.
>>
>>161272424
Anon, he just misses his best friend.
>>
>>161272231
CG
>>
>>161272424
Is there a way to kill that bastard and get away with it?
>>
>>161273151
Sure. Have him die in the Black Crawler showdown.

It's very hard to pull off though, those faggots can barely even scratch him. Took me about 50 reloads to finally get him to kick the bucket. Tanner will be very saddened to hear that this even ended with such an unfortunate outcome.
>>
>visit every merchant trying to find a regenerative vest
>no one has one
Should I just go for sturdy?
I have a regen one now and I really like it.
>>
>>161274384
Electronics shops tend to sell them.

But sturdy vests tend to be more useful. Regenetative vests only get an advatage when the fight takes long enough so their regen gives more HP than sturdy vest bonus.

So it's good if you are playing a tank that has high HP/resistances, takes a lot of small hits and takes a lot of time to finish the fight. Otherwise bonus HP from sturdy will be more useful, especially for surviving big hits.
>>
So how does Oinko know your name?
>>
>>161275139
I am going to attach it to four pieces of super steel.
I do have a problem with getting a little too close to guys with sledgehammers but for everything else the regen is quite nice and has saved my life a few times.
>>
>>161275402
dude motion lmao

Try killing him and coming back as crawler-man, that's when it gets weird.
>>
>>161275487
Regen is probably better in that case.
>>
>>161275806
Any idea on how long it takes for vendors to restock?
>>
>>161275597
The real one? Yeah, I killed it. A spooky pig ghost that doesn't care it's dead is fine. But my name. How does it know my name, dammit. What does it mean that it knew my name "from before"? Fucking drugs, man.
>>
>>161276242
It's psi I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>161276347
Nigga doesn't have a psi bar though.
>>
>>161271636
Is that Queen Rogers before the flash?
>>
Eldritch is too hard for me.
>>
>>161276712
?
>>
>>161276014
1 hour.
>>
File: It Aint Me.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
It Aint Me.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
What the fuck is this shit.
>>
File: 250520_20161127204609_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
250520_20161127204609_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>he's coming
>>
>>161277178
I feel like my last crusade trying to make a headband is keeping them from resetting.
>>
File: Magnum.jpg (40KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
Magnum.jpg
40KB, 400x392px
>>161276532
It's called the 80's, son.
>>
>>161277517
my hideout
>>
>>161277517
Yo dawg we heard you like boobytraps.
>>
>>161277517
>Blunderrail drones will defend this
>>
How cool of a character can you make in Underrail?

Because I come from Arcanum and that game had amazing character creation
>>
>>161280443
This game is a lot more combat focused.
>>
>>161279969

t. Free Drone
>>
>>161280443
>Steampunk
>>
>>161281554
>Steampunk

It's a good game
>>
How does Humble Monthly work? They already charged me for the upcoming bundle. When that months bundle is out will they immediately charge me then? Should I cancel my subscription now if I dont want next month's bundle?
>>
>>161277683
Fuck.
28 skill short with the workbench at max skill for my level.
I can make it if I take off a plate but I would feel awful doing it.
>>
File: armor.png (45KB, 693x727px) Image search: [Google]
armor.png
45KB, 693x727px
>>161286995
>>
>>161284997
They charge a week before it releases, which I believe is the first Friday of the month. So if you don't want the January bundle, cancel before December 26th.
>>
>>161284997
you can cancel 1 week befre they release the next month's bundle and not get charged.
>>
>>161280443
>Because I come from Arcanum and that game had amazing character creation
whats special about it? i picked that game up on sale and was thinking of giving it a go soon.
>>
>>161293886
I guess he really likes the dichotomy between early industrial age science and fantasy magic.

Other than that Arcanum is nothing special.
>>
>>161293886
It's got a great character creation system. You really created a background for your character
>>
>>161297449
>>161294313
>You really created a background for your character
guess ill have to find out for myself
>>
bedtime bump! you people still think an underrail general would survive on its own? check the hours between posts here and youll see why it would not
>>
>>161299841
didn't you guys do this already and it failed?

I'm just here to talk about Gungeoneering so I dunno but i remember someone else saying it
>>
>>161300096

Even when the game was fresh and *somewhat* popular on /v/ the generals would die instantly. This is all we have.
>>
/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!
>>
File: 4MYQL-CT6AZ-CLR2I.jpg (123KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
4MYQL-CT6AZ-CLR2I.jpg
123KB, 1200x675px
>Build railroads in order to connect cities, tunnels and bridges.
It's a train-themed puzzle game, not a management sim.
>>
File: Lisa-Joy-Nolan.jpg (119KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa-Joy-Nolan.jpg
119KB, 1000x667px
Thoughts on Lisa Joy's body of work?
>>
>>161309398
Does this have bridge builder elements?
>>
Fun and satisfying action indie games?
Want to have a blast blowing up shit or beating it up to death. Haven't seen anything like that since, I dunno, nuclear throne release perhaps.
>>
>>161313589
Valdis Story
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Butcher
>>
>>161313589
Seraph is pretty satisfying especially when jumping around and using skills while shooting all over the place. Though it lacks something visceral, something juicy to make the combat perfect.
>>
File: utabc.png (110KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
utabc.png
110KB, 1680x1050px
Heh, Underrail's shitty title art just might be the first time I see a picture that actually might look kinda better when you brightness/contrast the shit out of it. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. It's one crappy piece of art either way.
>>
File: community_image_1380207290.jpg (322KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1380207290.jpg
322KB, 1024x819px
>>161316674
Nah, your pic looks like shit.
>>
>>161316815
How the fuck is it raining in a tunnel?
>>
File: wqZM2.jpg (233KB, 1100x746px) Image search: [Google]
wqZM2.jpg
233KB, 1100x746px
>>161316948
No idea, not my pic. Found it a long time ago.
>>
>>161316948
Class ceiling that broke down ages ago.
>>
>>161317090
That's much better. Although the natural light triggers me badly. Technically it could be artificial blue light, but it just looks natural. But at least this guy actually knows anatomy.
>>
>>161317238
Just found this one, looks pretty good.
>>
>>161317306
Neat. I would never in my life guess that it's Underrail, let alone Core City, but the lady can draw.
>>
>>161317782
>I would never in my life guess that it's Underrail
The guy in the back with NVGs and a scoped monsoon crossbow is a dead giveaway.
>>
>>161317940
Doesn't really look like a Monsoon to me. And crossbows and NVGs alone could just as easily be Metro. Especially when the clothing style doesn't really match Underrail's.

Actually this is probably my biggest issue with it. The whole art just screams Metro.
>>
File: monsoon.png (7KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
monsoon.png
7KB, 90x90px
>>161318349
Both the crossbow and the NVGs look pretty much like they do in the game to me.
>>
File: 271820_20161128164837_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161128164837_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>12 damage combo
IM DA BEST
A shame this is impossible to pull off versus real opponents.
>>
File: unnamed-1-1.png (49KB, 880x528px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1-1.png
49KB, 880x528px
I found out the name of the planting game and its Goodnight Traffic City

https://killscreen.com/articles/goodnight-traffic-city-seeks-truer-reflection-living-health-issues/
>>
File: MK-120 vs MK-300AC.jpg (162KB, 1040x270px) Image search: [Google]
MK-120 vs MK-300AC.jpg
162KB, 1040x270px
>>161318807
I'm still not seeing it. Monsoon is a recurve crossbow. The one on that fanart is a compound. The scope doesn't change anything, you can put it on both.

As for the NVGs, those are basically Splinter Cell anyway.
>>
>>161320056
I am all types of confused.
>>
File: DLXA6-J6EK5-PQ8JL.jpg (104KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DLXA6-J6EK5-PQ8JL.jpg
104KB, 1920x1200px
Time to give back
Indie Game: The Movie
>>
>>161316948
Maybe its not rain but cancer, like the snow inside a factory in Stalker
>>
>>161321567
>watching movies via steam
Thank god his shit never took off. Valve wants the monopole in all drm but people only give a shit about the games store.
>>
>>161322778
>>161322778
>>161322778
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 137

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.