[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/poeg/ - Path of Exile General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 812
Thread images: 88

File: BOTWS06E03s.jpg (141KB, 608x233px) Image search: [Google]
BOTWS06E03s.jpg
141KB, 608x233px
>Atlas of Worlds information
general: https://www.pathofexile.com/atlasofworlds
atlas mechanics: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714099
>2.4 patch notes
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228
>Ascendancy Offline Skill Planner
https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/
>Helpful links
http://pastebin.com/1GThtBUt
>"Hey guys what's the price on this piece of shit item"
http://poe.trade/
>Wiki
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
>>
>>157319982
I'd like to note that Abyssus also likely adds more damage than Aspect of Carnage.
>>
File: 1134345444050.jpg (30KB, 403x672px) Image search: [Google]
1134345444050.jpg
30KB, 403x672px
2rd for kiwis.
>>
>>157318153
putting aside for a moment 79 points isn't nearly enough to for a planned tree, I don't like your pathing at all

a) don't skip the Ranger starting projectile nodes, 26% proj damage and 4% as is more value for 2 points than most other clusters
b) don't skip jewel nodes, 7% life 1x proj jewels are cheap
c) don't skip Primal Spirit, it's one of the best Ranger notables, gives you 20 INT and 20% flask charges gained.
d) Aspect of the Eagle -> Aspect of the Lynx are incredibly efficient, let alone for an ELE bow build
e) Revenge of the Hunted if definitely not worth it
f) Essence Sap is not worth it imo, Duelist leech luster is enough for everything and efficient due to being dual leech
h) you want CRIT. this is true whether you're phys or ele. don't skip Heartseeker of King of the Hill. Forces of Nature might look good with 6% pen and 40% WED but it doesn't really matter if you lack crit in the first place, I would not rush to it, plys if you're Pathfinder you get 10% pen from your Ascendancy already

here's my 79-pt tree, with an unfilled scion life wheel to fill later at your convenience

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeCC4NjRmOI_YwfD7PR35KfU2SUUdbr2VNfXWHdo19jb-bjaOK7T-9Nr3mvqc31NN-1CMB0eOf7YPuDu96_MWPYP66r-tOKiPTTeP-j0z_dcvqYkMxjX7awXTtBS0uU9NvwzNaGmJaJJ3nVCT9_963toTZIXaGzsEzAdx346luwBp4DbXyNZLYvW87bIxirLTFwuwFtQzypct6752q

and 20 points later:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeCC4NjRmOI_YwfD7PR35KfU2SUUdbr2VNfXWHdo19jb-bjaOK7T-9Nr3mvqc31NN-1CMB0eOf7YPuDu96_MWPYP66r-tOKiPTTeP-j0z_dcvqYkMxjX7awXTtBS0uU9NvwzNaGmJaJJ3nVCT9_963toTZIXaGzsEzAdx346luwBp4DbXyNZLYvW87bIxirLTFwuwFtQzypct6752qfys51Hb3MfqgnzY962MRLysKXfKexKa-VEeMNlVLYeImlRa_Ax4fQQ==

haven't played a ranger in a while, so take this with a grain of salt
>>
What is the point of ES/Armour or ES/Evasion items?

Seems like that not doubling down on one type of mitigation is a mistake.
>>
>>157320621
ES/AR has the niche use of providing both armour and ES buffer for Aegis builds. It's mostly subpar otherwise, except for easy coloring if you use B and R gems

ES/EVA builds can work if you're hybrid/Trickster. Evasion and Enfeeble gives you the avoidance needed to let ES recharge kick in most of the time. You can get a lot out of a high roll ES/EVA shield with clusters like Nullification and Deflection. It's mostly subpar otherwise, except for easy coloring if you use B and G gems
>>
If you convert the blunt trauma staff cluster to ranged bonuses via lioneye's fall, does the knockback on crit while wielding a staff become knockback on crit while wielding a bow?
>>
>>157320918
yes
>>
>CWDT wont cast orb of storms

why
>>
Post some Atziri pictures
>>
If I want a really strong build that I can do shaper successfully with what do you guys recommend? I see blade vortex is really strong at the moment, is anything else?
>>
>>157321282
the skill has a special bs restriction that it cant be casted from traps/mines/triggers
>>
>>157321282
too useful of a spell to be automated
>>
>>157321398
whispering ice and poison barrage are two other strong candidates

mostly you want either facetanking leech dps or high dps + manual dodging
>>
I just found my first exalted

it dropped from a white mob in dried lake while I was playing in an easy zone to get over the lag I get after just starting the game
>>
>>157321635
What's whispering ice?
>>
>>157321854
Are you serious? wiki it, but if you're unaware of what it is, asking for a shaper viable build is way too early for you
>>
What's even the point of having resistances if the game is going to be balanced around you always having them capped?
>>
>>157322682
because minus max maps exist
because flasks exist
because purities exist
because rotp/aegis exist
>>
>>157321840
I've had three exalt drops this league, they all came from random barrels and chests.

Remember to break every barrel and open every chest, exiles.
>>
>>157321840
i got 3 exalt drops in sc and 2 in hc, usually i've gotten like one or two per league
>>
How does this look for a Doomfletch's Prism build? Planning on using Lioneye's Fall jewels to convert the staff and melee crit nodes to bow nodes so I can have a decent crit rate. I'm thinking of going inquisitor for the penetration.
poeurl.com/OsJ
>>
>make a 220% life 75% block build in perandus
>pretty proud of the tree, refined it a lot
>pathfinder can just use 1 flask slot an a 25% block chance shield to get to 70% block/60% spell block
so when is ggg removing unique flasks
>>
>Halfway through the Labyrinth
>An unexpected disconnection has occurred!
Is this shit even worth doing? Random FPS drops and traps are not fun.
>>
>>157323235
necro can do that too without flasks
>>
>>157323176

there is some weird pathing going on (near the templar start) and you aint grabbing IG for no real reason (going instead for the celestial noobtrap)
>>
>>157323235
Why do you fill Elementalist cluster? Why not connect to the Marauder through the DEX node and grab Precision for much needed accuracy while you're at it? Why not Iron Grip for 3 points when you have 300+ STR already? That's 20% damage per node you're for some reason skipping.
>>
>>157323826
I forgot Iron Grip was a thing. I haven't played in a minute, and last I did the celestial cluster was hot shit. Is it worth dropping in favor of iron grip and the life nodes next to it?
>>
>>157323235
i want this "flask build" bullshit to end so i don't have to pay 100c for a single flask
>>
Would Punishment buff my ancestral warchief? I can't really tell.
>>
>>157324004
>>157323826
Would something like this be better?
poeurl.com/OsP
>>
>>157322682
because without them poe's itemization would be even worse
>>
>>157324025
>Is it worth dropping in favor of iron grip and the life nodes next to it?

considering you are already hanging out in the right side of the tree, and ig scales your proj phys damage, which all your ele damage scales from, id say yes
>>
>>157324256
are you going to use a str-to-dex jewel or something? you have nowhere enough for a level 20 SA
>>
>>157322682
GGG would have to make new interesting suffixes then.
>>
>>157323552
Yes the lab is worth doing, but don't do normal/cruel labs until you hit dried lake merc. Then you can just absolutely blow through them easy as hell.
>>
Think I'm taking a break. Armor doesn't do shit unlesss you stack ungodly amounts of it, es is top tier and everything involving it is ludicrously expensive, only one chest in the game is good for health builds and costs an obsecene amount of money, pathfinder ascendency lets you stack damage+crit damage and tones of ehp while having max block, every build in the game doesn't work unless it's a totem, blade vortex, or one of the other two meta builds.

This game flaunts variety and depth, but it's really full of one shots, and the only way to beat anything is to break the game entirely, till they patch the meta and subsequently break it.
>>
>>157325057
ES gear is not that expensive. I have 7.9k ES and I spent maybe 10c total on my armor set.
>>
>>157324570
Rad, thanks.

>>157324593
I'd just stack it on gear. Maybe grab expertise or use a level 15 SA if I somehow can't meet the requirement.
>>
>>157325057
Layering defenses has always been the name of the game... people stack armour and armour only then get surprised they get blown up eventually. One-shots that are not easily avoided don't exist.
>>
>>157325057
>every build in the game doesn't work unless it's a totem, blade vortex, or one of the other two meta builds
That's to be expected considering most endgame encounters are about dodging shit flying everywhere.
>>
>>157325057
>only one chest in the game is good for health builds and costs an obsecene amount of money
lioneye's vision, brass dome, kaoms, queen of the forest, kintsugi, cospri's, belly of the beast, lightning coil, daresso's defiance, voll's protector, and carcass jack?
>>
What's the best use for Jeweller's Touch?
Buying a good weapon/chest and 5L it for myself?
Buy a nicely rolled Belly or similar, 5L it and sell it for profit?
Just sell the Touch itself?
>>
>>157325714
Either use it for the build you're running or sell it.
>>
>>157325714
sell the prophecy
>>
>>157325057
belly of the beast is really good man
i don't know why people dislike it so much
>>
>>157325153
That's not gonna get you through endgame.
>>157325367
Except if you're running armor and hp, you're not going to be able to layer defenses, unles you buy very specific expensive pieces of armor, and then get block on top of that, and If you're using a shield it's "lol enjoy your nodamage"
>>157325515
Half of those aren't good enough on thier own and don't work unless you're stackingmultiple kinds of mitigation, which you can't do without having no damage. Which leaves lightning coil, Kaom's, kintsugi, and brass dome. All of which are obscenely expensive and require you to grind low level content till you puke to get the currency to get them.

You need at least 3 layered defnses to not get killed by bullshit, and also top end gear to do any sort of damage, unless you you totems. It's boring as fuck. If armor stacked easier and evasion wasn't attrition based, mayeb the game would be in a better place.
>>
>>157326056
>8k hp is "not gonna get you through endgame"
i think you might be a bad player
>>
>>157326056
For anything that isn't volatiles (dying to them is your own fault) or end end end game where things like Shaper slam you for 12k pre-mitigation, there's absolutely nothing wrong with life-based builds that stack mitigation/avoidance. If you're complaining "build diversity" doesn't exist at end end end game, not only is that wrong, it's also a moot complaint. The top builds that can complete top content always end up being only a handful that cost a lot to assemble.
>>
>>157326056
kintsugi and lightning coil are both under 20 chaos

>require you to grind low level content till you puke to get the currency to get them
if you consider everything outside of t15s low level content then yeah i guess

game isn't perfect but your build is probably just shit if you're crying this much
>>
Why are people overlooking shit like the essence that gives you 15% phys damage taken as cold? That's half a coil right there, with a 6L base that can be super cheap (2-3ex) and that you can essence spam for a solid chest with 100+ life, dual res, and ~500 less chromes needed to color?
>>
>>157320621
ES gets such a stupid amount of ehp that it can actually afford to have some hybrid items mixed in (as long as their build doesn't depend on a bunch of non-ES uniques)
>>
>>157326580
There hasn't been a streamer or reddit thread to advocate it.
There's a lot of stuff this patch that's ridiculous balance-wise, only is overlooked because most people just haven't given it any thought.
>>
>>157326320
>>157326365
Not him, but the problem is you need 3k chaos worth of gear to even stand a chance against shaper. For anything else you can just faceroll with 10c gear budget.
>>
>>157326913
>you need the most powerful gear to take on the most powerful boss
who would have thought.
>>
>>157326365
>kintsugi and lightning coil are both under 20 chaos
if they don't have any sort of links. You need 5 links to do any kind of damage, and to buy that, or grind that takes ages.
>>157326320
How is it wrong when nearly everybuild doing any endgame content is a totem or blade vortex clone? Otherwise you're spending five times the time trying to catch up to these people and their insane damage + survivabiliy.
>>
>>157326056
>That's not gonna get you through endgame.
even if that's true it can easily get someone far enough to acquire currency to buy better gear. As I said I invested 10c so far. since then i've saved up 150c. I can easily get my ES to 11k or more without that much investment.
>>
>>157326913
How is 95% of the content being available to anyone experienced enough to make a decent build a "problem"? If you want to experience the last 5%, be prepared to make a more expensive build.
>>
>>157326121
8k energy shield is not gonna do it, and niether is 8k hp. If it's not a meta build, you're not gonna be doing any damage.

Good luck when a server hiccups and you lose everything to some bullshit that you didn't even see.
>>
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAAJstXzmK8MSC6Uawq76nZU29Nkd-dcvqYre2jX5DMdrBdO0FLXrvTP9OKiPTbyeaauCfBWZbryF2hs7BM4TvYSEaVTbohmAirzhTduc6UjJ-vJ8YkfxLFE0OPBRx2XyCB_jru-2RzuoYdqzPfvcykn3cI5hv5c9yqayqWfPtREou1YunpbyaQXLJZxo4kFUnL3IPZp760hZv42okqjbpHRSvjRps5CK1BEVHwGY8BZ_f73wEs6IA8B-tjfJBDY2HduOfSn2J2GhY15Y=

Planning to go 100% fire conversion doomfletch. Blast rain as main skill. Lioneye's fall between templar and marauder for crit chance (and take the mace wheel for more AoE post-80). Take champion for fortify or slayer for aoe (which is whay I'm starting duelist). Might pick up empires grasp and point blank for aoe vacuum. Probably use LC, might pick up IR to go with it.
>>
>>157325026
I just unlocked cruel. My game crashed, though, so now I don't feel like playing.
>>
>>157327038
You can buy a 5L prophecy for 25c. So a 5L coil will cost maybe 30c, 40c for EHC.
>>
>>157327180
>Planning to go 100% fire conversion doomfletch.
but why
>>
>>157327180
>Planning to go 100% fire conversion doomfletch
Why?
>>
>>157327346
>>157327360
Why not? Seemed like a fun build concept.
>>
>>157327328
since when is a 5link prophecy that cheap in standard? I only got one for that much in hardcore, in standard it was like fucking 40c
>>
File: Capture.jpg (81KB, 1020x628px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
81KB, 1020x628px
>>157327476
It's been sitting at around 20c in sc since the league began.
>>
>>157327434
You lose a lot of damage if you go AoF for no reason.
>>
File: ~free~.jpg (3KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
~free~.jpg
3KB, 125x112px
>>157208413
>free
>>157213885
>free
>>157236512
>free
>>157291589
>free
>>157291816
>free
>>157302892
>free
>>157302919
>free
>>157306208
>free
>>157290757
>F R E E
>>
>>157327643
no shit, last I checked it was double....weird.
>>157327668
Anyway to make AOF work then? Interested to see.
>>
>>157327038
>you need 5 links to do any kind of damage
first of all it's really funny that you think you need 5 links to clear up to t9 maps
second of all 5 links are not very expensive either
you realize everyone in maps in every single league accrues enough currency to 5 link their stuff right
it's something that happens as you just play the game normally, you don't need a big expensive drop to get the 60-ish chaos required to buy and 5l a lightning coil

it sounds like you're a new player that fell for the dried lake meme rather than doing content that's actually fun and varied
>>
I was thinking about switching to CI since I'm in that area as saboteur, but is CI fine without leech? I'd probably be relying on just vaal discipline but I'm not sure if that's enough.
>>
>>157328080
It's fine. Anything that could kill you through 11k ES would kill you through 5k life and instant flasks.
>>
>>157328080
go for bow + soul strike memes and you'll be fine
>>
>>157328080
Personally I think having no life regen or leech is a bit scary, but it should be okay as a trapper.
>>
>>157328080
Are you stupid or something? CI/ES based builds is the natural progression for witches/shadows. You have to go out of your way to make life work as a witch/shadow. Just because CI+VP is gamebreaking with the numbers you can pull nowadays doesn't change the fact that CI was originally meant to be a high buffer you could regen out of combat, which works particularly well for DoT/traps builds
>>
>>157328418
>CI/ES based builds is the natural progression for witches/shadows.
because they either use a skill that works well with leech or they get something like wicked ward that makes regen'ing your energy shield a breeze. ES is strong as fuck but it doesn't just work right out of the gate nor is it hard to make a life build work on the right side of the tree.

That said, Saboteur does have the ascendancy points to make ES work by using blind + evasion to get your ES recharge to start working again. This makes maps with burning ground surprisingly dangerous for you as that degen will stop your ES from recharging.
>>
poeurl.com/Os9

How's this for a CI trickster? Good? Was trying to get more es and frenzy charges, a nd the es nodes in the withc tree were too far out of my way.
>>
does disabling multithreading helps with those heavy stutters when things go crazy ?

I have a good pc and the game actually runs better now in some parts, since they fixed the ground effects, but I now get stutter where it was fine before the patch and multithreading.

cpu is a 6600k so I doubt it will help tho
>>
>>157329613
>poeplanner
>>
>>157330778
>installing a north korean botnet on your computer

planner is literally perfect
>>
>>157327668
Going AoF with CtF and CoB; I don't lose any damage and fire damage scales all of my damage.
>>
post good boss killing spells on a 4 link

spark is losing its luster
>>
I want to play a whispering ice build. Which class is better for it? Im leaning toward Templar at the moment.

Also, how expensive are they on average?
>>
File: dafuq1.png (454KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq1.png
454KB, 1280x720px
>Perandus mobs spawn within range of the map start
>>
>>157331108
nothing comes to mind if spark is your main skill, storm call is probably the best single target lightning skill but has no overlap with spark, let alone if you picked a duration cluster
>>
>>157331108
vaal storm call?
>>
>>157331189
Witch of Scion. Templar has nothing for WI. You don't want to go crit because crit nodes don't give Int. Go Scion with Heiro, Elementalist, and the first two nodes of Shadow for 80 extra int and 10% of your mana as ES (and you'll have a fuckhuge mana pool from all that Int your stacking.

Gearing isn't too expensive to get going, but "full build" gear is expensive as fuck. Astramentis should be your first buy after WI itself. Make sure to get a good %int roll on the WI, that's the most important stat. I'm sitting at around 8k ES at level 72 or so right now, with Astramentis being the only gear I've bought for more than a couple chaos. Only issue is that it's gonna start getting expensive to upgrade; gloves or boots with good res, 40 int, and 150+ ES aren't so cheap.
>>
>>157331108
memechief totem
>>
>>157328080
You can take the shield recharge cluster right next to CI if not having any source of leech scares you.
>>
Why doesn't the elemental damage from Doomfletch's prisim show up in the tooltip?
>>
Whats the PoE equivalent of those photos people take of themselves next to all their guns, money and shit?
>>
>>157333819
tabs filled with chaos and ex orbs and shit. Or a mirror.
>>
>>157333795
No clue. You do far more damage than you would ever need with enough flat phys on your gear, though. Just roll with it.
>>
>>157333819
Posting a build guide on the official forums.
>>
>>157333819
People who spam global with their rares or when they six link + corrupt a bunch of expensive uniques
>>
>>157331189
Whispering Ice is cheap to get up and running, yet expensive to gear up for endgame. I poured about 750 chaos into my WI elementalist this league. For starting you'd want:
>5/6 socket Whispering Ice
>Astramentis
>Fertile Mind, Brute Force Solution

Guardian is more expensive, yet the pieces are actually readily available whenever you need them.

Other variants require you to find body armour, gloves, and boots with high ES, intelligence, and resistances on them. You're pretty much setting up item watches and waiting for these pieces to pop up, since they sell quickly unless they're overpriced. Add in a helmet as well if you want to elemental weakness cap, rather than using the Black Sun Crest.
>>
>>157331662
I was checking out a guide that has witch Templar and scion on it. Says the witch can handle reflect maps the best so maybe will do that. They are all pretty similar I think. Mind linking your gear or something so I can see some stuff?
>>
What are those files in Minimap folder in My Documents? Are they clogging my RAMs?
>>
>>157334837
Would an 80 int amulet work well enough in pace of an astramentis while starting it out?
>>
>>157335736
Yes, though your gems might be held up by their stat requirements until you get the Astramentis.
>>
>>157334918
My gear is nothing special right now. Astra, WI, and Auxium chain belt, then ES, Int and res on everything else. Your longterm goal should be to get enough res on boots, gloves, and chest that you can run two perandus signets in your ring slots, and possibly eventually drop your helmet for dark sun crest.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/00zau/characters
>>
>>157334837

i wouldnt say WI is cheap, specially this league for some all the WI gear skyrocketed in prices at some point
>>
>>157335736
The main reason to use astramentis is that it removes the need for any str or dex on the tree, without costing you any dex on gear. If you can't afford one yet, go ahead and use a high-int ammy and take a coupld +30 nodes if you need them.
>>
how hard should I try to get pack size in yellow maps? kinda seems stupid to use 10 or more alterations on one map
>>
>>157336840
>yellow maps
Doesn't even matter, with decent atlas % you can sustain reds easy.
>>
AW confirmed uber lab viable
>>
>>157336840
transmute and aug and run
>>
>Zizaran loves Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
HC players confirmed good taste
>>
>Died 4 times fighting shaper
>As pathfinder BV
Shitcrows WW@?
>>
To the guy who was ingaming me about my WI build: Sorry I forgot your name, I'm at a hair shy of 8k ES.
>>
>>157315394
how the fuck do you learn any lessons without the game telling you precisely how you blew up in .001 second?
>>
>>157336316
assturdmantis is good with whispering ice, because you can convert all of your strength and dexterity on the graph into int and still meet your stat requirements, while also providing a lot of int itself
great item to be family
>>
i want to PET catposter
>>
What's the best spell to use as a mine?
I've just about had it with these essence packs.
>>
>>157339995
Basically just guess.
It has no skill involved unlike darksouls, so you probably dided to lag, corrupted blood, reflect, a shitty mob explosion, maybe an element bearer. or the MYRIAD of bullshit oneshots that can clip you from retarded ranges.

That's usually all it ever is, there's no skill involved it all comes down to this list:

-Is your gear good?
-Is your tree okay?
-do you have capped resists?
-is the game stable at the moment?
-did you buy an expensive supporter pack?

If you answered yes to all those, you should be fine. Answering no to two or more usually means your guy will shoot across the screen against your will and kill themselves on a oneshot because the devs can't into pathing.
>>
How do we fix combat?
>>
>>157341086
>This chest is locked.
>This chest is locked.
>This chest is locked.
>This chest is locked.

I'm not even clicking near it how the fuck are all strongboxes the size of a hallway at the worst possible times?
>>
>>157341232

PoE-killer LostArk already fixes it.

It just needs to release on the west and we can abandon this pos
>>
>>157341743
it's a korean game so it'll be all empty flash
>>
why are they crushing na's dreams on the first set

also, did these faggots actually boo the koreans
>>
>>157339995
I started using Shadowplay whenever I play PoE after a few mysterious deaths. There was an update a few days ago that makes it a lot easier to toggle it on and off.

Don't know if AMD has an equivalent yet.
>>
>>157341743
>look at gameplay
>10 second cooldowns
really makes me think
>>
>>157341582
Wanna know how I died in hardcore?

I was level 90, and had already cleared some of the hardest maps, so I decided I'd kill Malachi on merciless. Halfway through his first from I died to his slam.

I was clicking on the bottom left side of the screen above the health bard. He was in the top right. My guy runs to the bottom, then fucking turns around and kills himself on malachi. I don't know where the fuck they learned how to program, but it must've been where i got my kidneys from.
>>
-max res mod is too strong honestly

I'm starting to alch maps ( t6 and t7 ) else I got shit luck even rolling pack size on blues, but that mod makes them too dangerous, else I run pretty much anything except blood magic.

also that chicken boss in Canyon is waaay too fucking strong.
>>
>>157341743
Lost ark is going to be dead on arrival.
>>
>>157342148
the newest driver has something like it, but not as comfy as shadowplay
>>
>>157342534
Just make sure to kill both bosses in canyon close together so you don't have to fight them enraged for too long.

And max res isn't that bad. -10 res increases damage taken by less than an added elemental mod (assuming the monster was already dealing ele damage). I've run -max on my RF character no problem.

-max res + added cold on a CI build can be surprisingly rippy, though.
>>
>>157320063
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1754039/page/1
>patch that is supposed to fix sextants is delayed
LOL
>>
>>157342603
i'd consider playing it for a while if it avoided an exploitative business model, but koreans love their terrible business models
>>
why is picking up uniques so underwhelming in this game :(
i found 50 uniques since i started two weeks ago, and only a handful of those were even worth a chaos
>>
>>157343521
Make sure to check the rolls before vendoring. I've got a non-shit Whispering Ice and a high roll Facebreakers that sold for a decent amount alone.
>>
>>157343521
veil of the night is a high quality item and the game was greatly improved by its introduction
>>
>>157343808
>look that item up, cause never heard of it
>Elemental Resistances are zero
rofl, what were they thinking?
>>
>>157343789
god, i'd be glad if i found something like a pair of Facebreakers. everything i find is useless bullshit.
I could compile a list of every unique i found so far and post it, but i guess no one would read it.
>>
>>157344158
it's probably a great improvement to shitcrow merciless resistances
>>
>>157344347
I've gotten 6 Agnerod Staffs to drop for me, Facebreakers, several Tabulas, and so on. I've probably had over 500 drop at this point. Just play the game more if you want good drops. RNG will respond eventually.
>>
>>157343426
>2.4.1 we'll release new skills!
>maybe
>Nah just kidding, here's some lame bullshit buff to sextants instead
>Whoops we need to do more testing

:^)
>>
File: nice fucking game.jpg (33KB, 526x282px) Image search: [Google]
nice fucking game.jpg
33KB, 526x282px
>>
>>157345019
>steam
>>
>>157345019
Usually that goes away if I just wait a bit, but earlier it straight up wasn't cooperating and I had to close it.
>>
>>157344158
>what were they thinking?
They wanted to add filler to the drop lists. Make better unique items of particular tier more valuable by adding trash with the same drop rate. GGG's got this design philosophy that there should be both good and bad unique items so that landing a good item feels more rewarding.
>>
>>157345525
But..isn't that why they're unique? So when they eventually appear it feels good?
>>
>>157345592
but when you're mad that a piece of shit just dropped it makes chris feel good
and that's the important part
>>
>>157345525
That isn't the case. Veil of the Night was a supporter unique. Almost all of the garbage uniques are.

GGG uniques are always either levelling uniques, 'meh', or bullshit OP.
>>
>>157346115
the dancing dervish is hella op
>>
>Pretty much just started playing
>Have no fucking clue what I'm doing
>>
>>157346223
>Almost

Though I guess that's misleading since the majority of the uniques in the game are, in fact, supporter uniques.
>>
So, are there any ways to play PoE comfy?

Every build seems to die in half a second unless you're constantly paying attention and stuff and then you lose a few hours of grinding.

I kinda just wanna make progress at a more relaxed pace.
>>
>>157347369
play a totem character in dried lake to 95
>>
>>157347369
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
>>
>>157347369
Make a Gladiator or grab both Block Ascendancies on Scion and stack Reckless Defense with a Brass Dome.
Enjoy 3/4 of all hits doing nothing. Add in Blind somehow and half of those attacks that do make it though will do nothing as well.
>>
I've had 3 prophecies in merciless that I just cant seem to complete, I'm level 77 now and had them since I started merc difficulty I believe :
you will open a corrupted rare strongbox
you will slain a rare fighting bull and he will drop a unique
you will slain a bearded shaman and he will drop an unique
>>
>>157347967
just like play the game man
>>
>>157347967

>not vaaling a rare strongbox
>not going to the grand arena
>not going to prisoner's gate

What are you even doing, m8?
>>
Why no Grim Dawn general ?
>>
>>157348583
Because PoE is the only half-decent game in this shitty genre.
>>
File: 1472610653465.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472610653465.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>157348583
>Grim Dawn
>Popular enough to have a general

>Grim Dawn
>Good
>>
>>157346223
How do you use the dancing dervish? I loved rampage.
>>
>>157348404
>>not going to the grand arena
>>not going to prisoner's gate

already did, no results

didnt think about vaaling the strongbox tho im retarded
>>
>>157349659
You proc rampage and then switch into your real weapon supposedly, i haven't tried it
>>
>>157349659
i was thinking about doing a doryani's first warchief totem with dancing dervish, but it should be pretty terrible so i've been unable to bring myself to play it
>>
are there any other arpgs worth playing. Never played Diablo when I was younger but I played a bit of this an it's fun, but a bit too complicated, and I don't enjoy having to follow someone elses build just to not die all the time. I'm playing a firestorm build, which is okay, but for a game that boasts you can change skills easily, you sure as fuck can't change your skills easily.

What's worth playing/pirating?
>>
no arpgs are SHIT
>>
>>157350392
Not much.

Grim Dawn, but it's riddled with pacing issues.

Diablo 3, but it's fucking dead and has fuck all in terms of interesting design.

Torchlight 2 is probably the only other one I'd actually play, but about the best I can say for it is that it's 'okay' all around.
>>
>>157350392
play a good genre instead
>>
>>157350392
go play ys origin and stop confusing diablo clones arpgs
>>
>>157350392
dark souls
>>
>>157351203
Which Dark Souls do i play first
>>
>>157350969
nah mate, too old and japanese

>>157350872
ah okay, I like having different spells and abilities and being able to change up a build a bit if I feel like it.

>>157351203
Yeah I do like darksouls, but I like the stupid powerful stuff you get in these games where you just wipe out a crowd.

lol why are you all on this thread if you all hate this game and the genre
>>
>>157350392
There are a couple. D3, marvel heroes, grim dawn, van helsing, titan quest, torchlight. D3 fixed a lot of the issues it had with release and is actually fun to play early on. It falls flat before long and still has issues. Fun for a while though. Marvel heroes can be enjoyable if you're fine with having your hand held and playing it for fun rather than depth. Ven helsing's hit or miss. Grim dawn and torchlight are fun until you run out of stuff to do.
>>
>>157350392
Try out din's curse and zombasite if you're okay with shit graphics.
>>
>>157351376
Every general I've been in on /vg/ hates their game. Either that, or they flat out don't even play it.
>>
>>157351376
poe has a lot of moving parts that makes it interesting to cobble together viable builds out of
if i want to have fun i play good games
>>
I have been reading a few SRS build guides an I have a question.

Why does no one use orb of storms with curse on hit to proc EE and curse?

Is the Arc totem that much better?
>>
>>157351790
Unless you are using a lightning skill Orb of Storm sucks and even if it didn't, just dropping the Orb involves getting relatively close to mobs compared to standing a screen away from danger.
>>
>>157351376

>>121502057
>>111206420
>>110458002
>>110348526
>>
>>157350392
I got Grim Dawn through the Humble Bundle monthly subscription last month. Played it, liked it for a while, then found out it had pretty much no endgame. It also felt kinda sluggish.
Started PoE instead and have been having a blast with it. I played D2 back in the days, and PoE has come closest to how I felt when playing D2 all those years ago.
>>
At what point does critchance+crit multi do more damage than elemental overload?
>>
>>157352475
When you have enough crit chance and multi to out-damage elemental overload.
>>
no other arpg will ever compare to poe because they dont have the gofast factor

d2 comes close but its obviously pretty dated
>>
>>157352663
I just want more games to use poe's flask system. That shit is nice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0r_Wo4LcIA
>>
>>157352894
when i first started playing, realizing you could put mods on your flasks blew my mind
>>
>>157351376
None of those games let you change up your build particularly easily.

Heavy investment is a staple of the genre, PoE is actually fairly lenient when it comes to character respeccing.
>>
>>157351376
I like PoE, I have a lot of fun playing it, but I don't pretend it's actually a good game, or a good genre.
>>
>>157348583
same reason no other arpg has one, even if they are good/decent

only poe is being actively promoted/developed to be popular these days

even d3 is now in maint mode
>>
>>157350392

grim dawn

d3/marvel heroes (very similar games)

the torchlights

dungeon siege or TQ if you can stand older arpgs
>>
>>157353602
>Torchlight
I can never complete a run with them and always end getting bored about 3/4 in, and I don't know exactly why, it's like they're even more repetitive than the usual for the genre and they aren't as interesting to experiment with builds in.

And yet I put way too many hours in Diablo 3, all pre RoS.
>>
>>157353308
>i like PoE
>i have fun playing it
>somehow it still is not a good game
you realize how weird this sounds, right?
>>
>>157354275
No, liking things that are objectively bad is not that strange.
>>
>>157354160

thats because despite its flaws D3 has a pretty fucking polished early game

Torchlight 1 is all about endgame endless dungeons and mods

tl2 feels pretty bland without mods, and most mods focus on endgame experience (so early game still feels like shit)
>>
here's one feature I never understood about ARPGs, at least the newer ones that came after Diablo 2.
What exactly is the point of the sequential difficulty levels? It doesn't benefit the game in any way, especially PoE. Just let the players go into maps straight after the first difficulty. Having to play through the same game three consecutive times just so you can get to the real endgame is just plain tedious. GGG is doing the right thing by removing one difficulty when Act 5 hits, but why not just walk the whole mile?
I realize that back in the day, D2 needed the three difficulty levels for longevity, but we don't need this anymore today with the map/rift/w.e. systems in place.
>>
cant wait for D2 remake, but PoE is great and I'm having fun slowly progressing through maps
>>
>>157354797
I wish PoE had D3's early game. Skills feel really fucking satisfying to use in D3 early whereas you have to wait until your build comes together or can support a five link skill before PoE feels good to play.
>>
>>157354883
That's a good point. Huh. Why does it work that way? I've noticed the same things in a lot of MMOs as well. The first 70 levels are just there to exist until you hit the actual endgame.
>>
>>157354361
there is no objectively good or bad when it comes to entertainment/art.
what's fun to you should be what you regard as good.
why would you give a rats ass about a thousand people saying a game is bad, when you yourself have fun playing it? That's how you perceive the game, theres no one else involved in that equation.
>>
>>157354275
Makes perfect sense to me. I try to be objective in everything I do so as to avoid becoming a hypocrite. I don't need to believe something has merit to enjoy it.
>>
>>157354883
content padding

the extra replayability of NG+ became a ""staple"" in arpgs because its the one genre where content can be procedurally scaled almost forever because of the constant gear upgrades the game gives you (so there can be a 1000000000% difference in monster damage between level 1 and 85 but in practice it doesnt feel like that)
>>
>>157354883
GGG will eventually make it a one difficulty game, but they need more content
>>
After playing a few builds this patch, i can safely say there is really no point in playing anything but barrage poison or bv

even vortex feels so-so for the investment you put in it
>>
>>157356020
Melee is going to be the most popular next league.
I guarantee it.
>>
>>157354797
Yeah, in D3 I had an even worse case of altitis, only lessened by the extremely easy respeccing. Play a character, get to Act 2, start another with another class, get not even half in Act 1 and start another.

I didn't even bother with more than one character in Tl1, and I always try to finish any game vanilla before playing with mods.

>>157355003
I was thinking than an alternative to PoE doing away with merciless would be starting a character at, say, level 40 in merciless plus the points and buffs from the normal sidequests, and a few decent items to not get murdered right at the strand.
Which overall sounds like a stupid idea but at least you could get a build going off the start.
>>
>>157356020
Yeah but did you play maxblock bor aegis varunastra glacial hammer? No? Get back to work.
>>
>>157355225
The whole perception of MMOs today is totally warped IMO. Back in the day, you played an MMO to discover the games world, learn about stuff, familiarize yourself with the systems the game had in place etc. Leveling wasn't something that "stood in the way", it was a natural part of the game. Today, everyone just rushes to endgame and goes raiding instead of enjoying the game, although in the case of todays WoW, raids have become an utter joke except on the highest difficulty. In Vanilla, raids were a privilege only a small part of the playerbase got to enjoy, and it was good like that. Now, every casual housewife can enter a raid and feel like a "hardcore gamer". The thing has lost all its prestige, sadly.
>>
Is there any point in taking curse effectiveness nodes anymore? -60% less effect vs bosses feels fucking bad
>>
>>157355225
Because people rush through the levels to hit the endgame, and then complain there's no endgame. With updates come additions to the endgame and then later on making getting there easier for newer players.
>>
>>157355442
yea, like i said, this kind of content padding was needed in the genre 15 years ago. But we don't need it today, since maps give near endless replayability.
>>
>>157356519
>>157356284
It kind of sounds like most people prefer the endgame content over the grind to reach the endgame content. Game where you start out with a fully leveled character and the only content is endgame content when? I wouldn't mind the grind to reach high tier dungeons and raids if that grind was something I enjoyed doing - dungeons and raids. Monster hunter styled combat, an emphasis over player skill rather than player gear, tons of big ass monsters to kill solo or with a group, the recycled dungeon shit WoW uses to revamp earlygame dungeons for extra longevity, lore of SWtoR, shit like that. Typing it out makes me realize it just wouldn't work. Damn.
>>
>>157356583
maps are the same content padding tho, just with some extra gimps

>>157356490
only the 3 near scion at most. so with helm enchant and 20q blasphemy your enfeeble is slighly better vs bosses
>>
>when you roll +30% ims
>>
>>157356583
Strongly disagree with the idea that the story part is "content padding." It gives players the breathing room to build their character and test it against vanilla content before they can challenge themselves with randomized mods, assuming maps are to be rolled with mods at some point. What exactly is the difference between the perceived tedium of leveling through story content and the tedium of leveling through [randomly_generated_area] at level 40+ (end of normal) when you have nowhere near enough passives to customize your character? Is it really worse to have clear build/gear checks (normal a4/lab, cruel a4/lab, merc lab)? Are players learning anything if they're thrown into the whole mapping system (with all the currency sinks and non-linear scaling frustrations that come with it) right after normal?
>>
>>157356284

the most popular online games have zero story (mobas)

devs have realized for years that engaging storylines and immersive world dont attract or keep the vast majority of players around for long

dont blame devs, blame players
>>
>>157357357
This has very little to do with "storyline" or "immersion" in the case of PoE where the vast majority of players don't give a shit about the lore and everything to do with the right progression curve. Which isn't solved in any way by throwing players into the mapping system right after normal.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11424301
>>
>>157357572
if "normal" contained enough content to bring players to mapping level, why not?
>>
>>157356972
> I wouldn't mind the grind to reach high tier dungeons and raids if that grind was something I enjoyed doing - dungeons and raids.

Well, it kinda was like that in Vanilla and BC. You did low lvl instances because they gave a shitton of exp. The dungeons were integrated into the leveling process. AFAIK, there still are dungeons while leveling in WoW today, but those are not real dungeons imo, the last time I played WoW, leveling dungeons took something like 10min to complete.
Raids during the leveling phase probably wouldn't work out, since you'd need everyone in your guild/group to level at the same pace or wait/catch up to one another. Not a good idea.

>Monster hunter styled combat, an emphasis over player skill rather than player gear, tons of big ass monsters to kill solo or with a group

Monster Hunter combat would change the genre too much. I agree that there's a problem with gear though. I think a big part of the "rushing through leveling" thing is that all the gear you find just is throw away stuff, you don't care about it. A better option might be to get rid of gear during leveling alltogether. The character starts out completely decked out, but completing quests powers up the "leveling gear". That way the player feels like hes progressively improving through everything he does and gets invested in questing. At max level, gear starts to drop in the dungeons. The fully upgraded leveling gear should enable the players to do pre-raid content, but should be useless when entering the first raid.

>lore of SWtoR
To me, SWtoR felt too much like a singleplayer game. The game was terrible anyway, so I'd rather not bringt anything from it into another game.
>>
>>157357572
modern arpgs are made as grind sims

the problem with progression in arps is that you either just let players do whatever they want (d3) or design a progress path to take players into endgame (poe, many other arpgs). But if the progress path is too easy then players breeze past it and complain there is no content. If you make it too hard then they complain the content is locked behind some unfair mechanic. Etc
>>
Questions from a new player.
Are any of the classes particularly bad/difficult? I don't need to know if there's one amazing class, just if theres anything that I'd be better off avoiding.

If I'm not wanting to use an existing build and I'm wanting to just kind of figure out my own thing are there any general rules I should follow? Like for example what are a good number of stat points to have?

Are hybrid classes more difficult to pull of skill wise?
>>
>>157357357
I agree. MMOs were not meant to be a popular genre, designed for the masses. But since WoW has been so successful, the genre has been increasingly casualized, and now we have the monstrosity that is modern MMOs.
>>
>>157358597
I'd probably avoid templar as his ascendencies are pretty specific

you will want about 170% increased max life give or take depending on defenses etc
>>
>>157358597
>Are any of the classes particularly bad/difficult?

none are terrible

but perhaps avoid scion if you are new

>stats

this aint a stat game for the most part. your stats will enable you to equip gear but on most builds there is no need to stack any stat
>>
>>157358597
>Are hybrid classes more difficult to pull of skill wise?
Not really, start with whatever you want and experiment. Pure attribute classes get the benefit of having (generally) more intuitive quest gem rewards and an easier time coloring gear, but that's about it. E.g. if you want to play a marauder, you get a bunch of red gems and you only need to worry about wearing armour gear, and so on.
>>
>>157358597
Every class is fine. I would advise against "going in dry", i.e. not following a build, but if you really want to do that, this is what you should do generally: Pick up as much health nodes in the skilltree as you can. Elemental resistances are very, very important too, but it generally is not a good idea to invest a lot of passive skill points into them, since later you'll get most of your resistances from gear. A few points into nodes that give like, +10 or 15% to all Elemental Resistances are fine though.
Decide what main defense stat you want for your character, Armour, Evasion or Energy Shield. Spend your skill points accordingly. Look at the gear you find, check what defense it has, armour, evasion or ES.
>>
>>157358597
I'd say Slayer is nice for a beginner who wants to be melee, can't go wrong with stun immunity and reflect damage reduction.
>>
>>157358272
I really like how the gear in PoE works. You can get by with a goldrim until you hit maps. There are a handful of low level uniques that are core on particular builds. I just don't think the gear system in poe could be used in an mmo where big numbers have become the staple. Good points all around anon. It's been fun thinking about this. I wish you the best.
>>
File: totally worth the 3 points.png (390KB, 871x377px) Image search: [Google]
totally worth the 3 points.png
390KB, 871x377px
>>157358831
>but perhaps avoid scion if you are new
I'd avoid scion if I were experienced too.
>>
>>157359446
A good discussion is always nice.
Maybe some smalltime developer will see this and go on to create the perfect MMO (hah, yeah right).
Best wishes to you as well, sir!
>>
>>157358764
>>157358831
>>157359140
>>157359190
>>157359198
Okay working off of these (thank you by the way).

Now I've played a little bit so far as a templar, a marauder, and a shadow. As of now I have to say I'm partial to having a little bit of energy shield around, just kind of that bubble of a few hit points that mean I don't have to potion after every little fight, so I'm leaning shadow or templar in armor that gives energy sheild and something else. My marauder feels strangely fragile next to the other two. Haven't really pumped evasion or seen what that looks like.

Playing around with some energy shield, claws, and shadow I feel like there's a nice healthy buffer before I start taking "real" damage.

Is damage leeching/claws a good avenue to pursue?
Are the dual armors useful or are they lacking behind their pure counterparts?
>>
>>157358597
No class is horrible beyond help, even Scion who is in a horrible spot now has an amazing niche use or two.

The most important stat in the game is life. By the end of Normal you should have 1.1k. 2.2k for end of Cruel and 3.5k-4k for end of Merciless to start mapping.

Second most important stat, your elemental resists, fire, cold, lightning, should as high as possible. The endgame is balanced around all three being capped at 75%.

>>157359820
Claws are in a very bad spot right now. I would stay away from them.
>>
>>157359820
Armour works fine early on. Coupled with life regen, it allows you to shrug off most of physical damage in normal. Out of the 3 bases defenses, it's the one I'd recommend to beginners.

Energy Shield is also okay as long as you get a decent buffer. Regen kicks in after 2 seconds of not taking damage so it works well if you are able to do so as a ranged character. Don't try leveling ES melee.

Claws are shit. Leech/lgoh only applies to attacks and there are no good melee claw skills. Technically you could use ranged skills like Spectral Throw but it's generally not worth the trouble if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>157359820
Also if you are planning a build, do not use all 123 points the online tree planner allows you to take. Expect to have 110 points by Lv90 assuming you didn't get a skill point from any of the bandits.
Trying to get exp past Lv90 is very slow. Don't expect to get past Lv93 if you're sane.
>>
Why the fuck do the Ivory Temple bosses have so much HP when they're like 5 or 6?
>>
>>157359885
>>157360118
Good to know (that they're not so good). Little sad of course but its nice to have not wasted my time.

The other class that piqued my interest was duelest. Specifically as a gladiator in the evasion/armor armor. I'm not sure what I'd want to do with this but it feels like something I want to use.
>>
^nice build
>>
Whats everyone's plans / theorized builds for the channeling skills patch? I've got a templar sitting at Act 4 cruel that i leveled w/ AB which I'm willing/able to respec completely into whatever works best.
The laser beam they teased looks worthless but perhaps spell totem + laser beam? Will they just rework older skills or will it be a set of new ones?
Wondering what stats/mechanics the channeling skills will be affected by most.
Btw Perandus on maps is an asshole but Seven-league step boots sure do make leveling alts EZ
>>
>>157360618
>channeling skills

Let me guess, life leech won't work with them since they are a type of DoT, which means you have no sustain on top of basically standing around facetanking everything. Bravo GGG.
>>
>>157360618
mid-league skill balance changes rarely if ever happen
they'll just release new skills and incinerate will still be shit
end of story
>>
>>157360618
have they showed anything for the new skills other than not-incinerate-because-its-a-laser?
>>
File: Ziggy belt.jpg (44KB, 637x156px) Image search: [Google]
Ziggy belt.jpg
44KB, 637x156px
>>157360586
Gladiator specializes in Block with has very good synergy with stacking life with little care for Armour/Evasion.

If you wanted to make a combo Armour+Evasion character, I would recommend Champion. Combined with this new Unique Belt coming out in the future it would be quite powerful.
>>
stop giving ascendancy advice to a newshit who hasn't completed normal yet like what the fuck it's like trying to teach quantum physics to a high school freshman who's just learned about the laws of gravity
>>
>>157360904
People think that kraitln blade flurry skill will be a channel skill for daggers/claws. The helm enchant has been in the game since June.
>>
>>157361490
so blade vortex, but worse, for melee claws? LOL DOA skill
>>
File: chris wilson2.jpg (941KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
chris wilson2.jpg
941KB, 5000x5000px
>>
File: 90.png (2MB, 1536x698px) Image search: [Google]
90.png
2MB, 1536x698px
Ayy, did it poeg
>>
why can't GGG git gud, /poeg/?
>>
>>157361917
>Activate Windows
>>
oh shiet /poeg/ i just got my first exalt!

wtf should i do with it
>>
rmt it
>>
>>157361917
Blood magic is still good?

>>157362118
Upgrade your gear, anon.
>>
File: 1476226849623.gif (539KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476226849623.gif
539KB, 568x320px
why do poetards pretend to be hardcore players when their mechanical skill is objectively inferior to that of even a casual moba player?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=965QbyJpHwE
>>
>>157362526
excuse you I am pathetic enough to play more than one time consuming game at a time.
>>
>rare strongbox with +1300% rarity of contained items
>not even a single rare

is this bugged? happened four times now
>>
>>157362526
please tell me thats a trap
>>
>>157363028
1300% to a box isn't like 1300% on gear
>>
>>157363028
Nope. 1300 times 0 is still 0.
>>
>>157363067
thats an actual female you fucking faggot
>>
>>157361002
so how does ir work with this belt?
>>
>>157363425
Champion has permanent Fortify. So now you also have permanent Onslaught.
>>
>>157361002
Is that belt going to hit live? It would make the 100k armor meme builds actually great. Close to 350% increased damage.
>>
>>157363675
Oh, wait. I'm an idiot. Didn't see that it said of your lowest value. Well shit. Still, you could squeeze out 100% increased damage easily enough.
>>
>>157363425
>>157363425
Can you read the stats? 1% attack damage per 300 of your LOWEST value between armour and evasion. Meaning if you want to fully benefit from it you have to stack armour AND evasion. It explicitly encourages hybrid ar/eva stacking rather than pure ar/eva
>>
>>157363831
yeah but is the belt 610 armor or not
>>
>>157359585
HEY, scion is good for SOME stuff

poeurl.com/OuA
>>
>>157362526
>moba players thinking they are above ARPG players
that gotta be one of the most comic things I've ever heard. Cooldown town is inherently more casual, hence the popularity
>>
>>157364541
yeah, assfaggots is above pve loot grinders
sorry your game is more casual than league of babies
>>
>>157364669
lel. is that what you do while waiting on cooldowns? shitpost on poeg?
>>
>>157364541
moba: low skill floor, high skill ceiling
poe: low skill floor, low skill ceiling

holding right click while you facetank the hardest content with instant leech isn't skill, in fact it's pretty much the negation of skill. poe is a gear check game, not a skill check game. you could argue the best skill there is is how to get rich, not how to play like a mechanically intelligent player
>>
>>157364442
She's good at getting my dick HARD
>>
>>157364759
after a solid 60 hours of killing slimes do you say, "out skilled?" or do you just start yelling "lightning bolt!"
>>
>>157364768
blame GGG for shitty balance. Not every skill is CI BV flask user

also
>moba:
>high skill ceiling
lel. its a literal more complex game of rock paper and scissors with a slower pace than an ARPG, skill-wise. Its more knowledge based than anything
>>
>>157364939
>slimes

you shitposting in Dragon quest general as well? wrong one buddy
>>
was poisoned nerfed again? I feel like my character doesn't do much damage anymore.
>>
>>157364442
What skill gems would this use?
>>
>>157365014
the only mechanical task in path of exile is swapping out your vaal skill gems so you can kill a boss with your no damage hardcore build before it beletes you
>>
>>157365145
by 20%
>>
>>157365152
Im actually a bit undecided. Its obviously a Pillar build, still leveling, chosen duelist and marauder ascendancies not set in stone. but for non-aoe investment I found that this is objectively the best tree for that unique
>>
>>157365014
any game where you play player vs. player has added difficulty in having to outplay your opponent
>>
>>157365145
its been gutted compared to how it was at first

now you need to invest a lot in chaos/dot scaling or abuse proj double dipping for it to be good
>>
File: I only have one reaction image.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
I only have one reaction image.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
60% exp through level 92, get one hit by the big guy in excavation. xp/hr doesn't even show up anymore it just says "you wasted your time".
>>
>>157365786
you were always wasting your time in the first place
>>
>>157365762
Just seems like I've lost 3k chaos damage somehow, well not like I really need it, barrage is one-shotting everything without it.
>>
>>157365152
>>157365268
eh, I thought I fixed a mistake with that tree there's a node taken by mistake, if you can get leech from gear, then

poeurl.com/OuE

THIS version is better (takes leech out for +2 end charges). otherwise you can use those 4 nodes for either lust for carnage or to get the double mana and life leech node if you prefer that.

Right now Im thinking of testing flicker with that new warden iron ring unique . but you can also go melee splash with a few single targets since the gem gives MORE aoe. (especially nice with infernal blow)
>>
>>157365893
ah another option, in case you dont have a way to generate end charges and dont need leech,those 4 points can be used in soul of steel as a nice alternative. I've thought this through, Scion is GOOD for some niche things.
With that said, most of her ascendancy nodes suck major balls, ggg plz do something
>>
File: ss (2016-10-13 at 08.27.13).jpg (931KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-10-13 at 08.27.13).jpg
931KB, 1920x1080px
I've been playing since closed beta and leveled to 90+ multiple times every league using 1k+ chances a league, feels good to get the best item when I finally hit.
>>
>>157365751
true true. which is why I feel sad GGG abandoned PvP instead of doing it properly. When ARPG pvp works its pretty fucking cool
>>
>>157366271
FUCK YOU
>>
>>157366271
hey nice man, congrats
>>
File: 1470716092569.jpg (504KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470716092569.jpg
504KB, 1280x720px
>>157351376
>nah mate, too old and japanese

Should be a (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) somewhere.
>>
>>157366678
Where are their noses?
>>
>>157366714
On the middle of their faces?
>>
>>157366747
I don't see them. How do they smell? How do their intake oxygen? Are they mouth breathers?
>>
File: 1476416227655.jpg (211KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476416227655.jpg
211KB, 1280x720px
>>157366714
>>
File: 1464405884690.png (768KB, 600x783px) Image search: [Google]
1464405884690.png
768KB, 600x783px
when is the competitive race
>>
>>157366271
not even that good desu
>>
>>157366908
>How do they smell?

They evolved to be unable to smell weeb stink, as they couldn't be perfect otherwise.
>>
>killing map Hillock so fast he doesnt have time to mutate

feelsgood

they really towned him down tho, I remember before they introduced tiers you could get one shotted by his leap slam

also exiles are all fucking pathetic, and yes I run rare maps ( up to t8 so far ) and sometimes I dont even notice them
>>
>fight uber Izaro with a mace
>dodge a leap
>he turns to me
>suddenly I'm dead
What the fuck
>>
>>157367975
>and yes I run rare maps ( up to t8 so far )
cute
stupid but cute
>>
>>157368071
L O C K S T E P
>>
should I spend 4 points just to run arctic armour ?

other options are more endurance charge or frenzy
>>
>>157368454
depends on your build
>>
File: 1474393878920.jpg (9KB, 300x194px) Image search: [Google]
1474393878920.jpg
9KB, 300x194px
>hit 96 on ehc
>dont dare to do any actual content outside of t15 maps
some days i think i should just try and die and continue in softcore until the next league.
>>
>>157368887
What's the point of autistically grinding for an arbitrary number no one but you actually cares about? Dare to challenge yourself, for fuck's sake and if you die to a guardian, make sure to reroll a better character
>>
>>157366271
>only 64 ES
What a trash unique.
Why would people pay so many ex for this thing?
>>
File: te.jpg (82KB, 653x480px) Image search: [Google]
te.jpg
82KB, 653x480px
>>
>>157369191
Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>157368608
regular melee stuff, ground slam and warchief, leap slam + fortify, basalte + granite

but 10% less physical and fire damage never hurts.

one more endurance charge wouldnt change anything, frenzy is always good, or I could spend 4 points on 2 jewels slots but even if I get gg jewels its like what 12%, some attack speed or crit multi, meh.

I feel like the sources of reduced damage taken are mandatory to stack as much as possible on any build when you know just about anything can hit for thousands.

I'm not there yet though.
>>
File: Rewards_01_Metropolis_16_9.jpg (675KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rewards_01_Metropolis_16_9.jpg
675KB, 1920x1080px
>>157369309
I hate those, such a waste of time since I cant help myself but to identify everything.

new gem idea :

Identify
spell
per 1% quality : 1% increased radius
cast time : 0.5 second
identify items on the ground in a radius around the caster
base radius is 20 units

link that shit to cast when damage taken - spell totem - spell echo

Isnt that great
>>
>>157370289
MUH CHAOS RECIPIE!
>>
File: screenshot-0013.png (1MB, 1440x800px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-0013.png
1MB, 1440x800px
>when you want to be hardcore but your mom won't let you
>>
>>157370675
How is this your mom's fault?
>>
File: 517e8c49afqzE2MT.png (94KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
517e8c49afqzE2MT.png
94KB, 600x530px
>Keep at least one guard alive
>Keep the target alive while you lock pick the box

Was Vorici designed to say Fuck You to totem builds?
>>
>>157369415
>>
>>157370675
the ping is a damn lie and even with 79 shit's extremely laggy and choppy to the point of crash
>>
>>157370675
how the fuck do you have the same ping to every gateway

do you live in the planet core or something
>>
>>157371074

i play mostly totems and ive had no problem getting him to l7 every temp league

its mostly a matter of pulling shit away carefully
>>
>>157365786
>dying in excavation at 92
Maybe doing triple damage red maps is a bad idea?
>>
>>157371636

170%+ extra damage is a bad idea unless you run cheesing builds that kill shit too fast for enemy damage to matter 99% of the time
>>
>>157372229
that was my strategy until i hit the high gardens boss with ele weakness, 29% monster dmg, and 101% as cold. never been 1 shot so hard in my life.
>>
>>157372764
but ele weakness is literally free packsize
>>
>>157372764
>his build can't take ele weakness

Enjoy rerolling maps forever because you reject a free packsize mod retard
>>
File: 1471505830983.png (25KB, 840x725px) Image search: [Google]
1471505830983.png
25KB, 840x725px
i need your assistance in locating a specific gif
>>
>>157373404
No fuck off. Animate that image or no deal.
>>
File: gotsomethinginyourteeth.png (581KB, 683x465px) Image search: [Google]
gotsomethinginyourteeth.png
581KB, 683x465px
>trying 4 link lightning warp for the first time
WHY DO PEOPLE WILLINGLY USE OTHER MOVEMENT SKILLS?!
>>
File: shaper.png (34KB, 131x137px) Image search: [Google]
shaper.png
34KB, 131x137px
>20 shapers
>0 starforges
>>
>>157373602
Lack of spiral support gem renders lightning warp practically useless.
>>
>>157373602
are you a pro gamer
>>
>>157373528
dedicating an entire 4L gear piece to a movement skill isnt possible a lot of the times
>>
>>157373528
>4-L
LW, Faster casting, Less duration, ????
>>
oh my, /lolg/
while devising my latest hipster build i completely forgot about chroming my chest
on average it will only cost me 177 stacks of chromes
this the best build idea i've ever had
>>
>>157373987
thats like, 2 ex?
>>
>>157373987
>Need to 3R1B my 4l for cwdt/ic/incdur/vaal disc
>Vorici calc says to do vorici 3R
>Only have enough chromes for one use
>It gives me 3R1G
>>
>>157374094
what's the stat requirement for the item you were trying to chrome

always try to get 3-4 off on whatever has the lowest requirements
>>
>>157374073
wut
>>
>>157373602
All these shitty standard babby builds trying to make Starforge work and ending up with shit dps upset me.

I distinctly remember some cuckboi in these threads arguing about how the sword is broken imbalanced.
>>
>>157374331
it is broken

doesnt mean 2 handers are fucking shit with no good skills
>>
>another delay
nice game poetards
>>
>>157374073
177 x 20 = lodes emone
>>
Reading the Atlas Mechanics page, it sounds like "completing" a map is different from the "bonus objective" that gives you 1% on the Atlas.

Does that mean that if I don't do the map corrupted, I'll still unlock it on the droptable even if I don't get the 1%?
>>
>>157374915
I make 3k chromes in 2 weeks from farming
>>
>>157375023
no
>>
>>157375023
yes
>>
>>157375040
if you want to sell me 3k chromes on ehc for 2 ex i won't stop you
>>
>>157375040
2 weeks is a pretty long time bruv
>>
>>157375023
According to our lord and savior ShiggyD, yes.
>>
>>157373978
rapid decay
>>157373803
people do it for whirling blades, this is way better than getting fortify
>>
>>157375813
not if you run bv or vortex

lw really shines on shit like lab or the retarded map layouts people avoid, but most of the time its slower than shield charge or wb
>>
twitch tv/pcchild/v/94657790
these are the people who complain about lab
>>
>>157376302
after the number of characters i've made this league i'm getting pretty sick of lab
every time i see the roomba i think 'why the fuck is this in the game at all'
>>
File: 1430171426271.png (207KB, 448x567px) Image search: [Google]
1430171426271.png
207KB, 448x567px
Are you ACTUALLY, UNIRONICALLY still playing this league?
>>
Bleed and knockback interact with eachother right
>>
File: Screenshot_78.png (105KB, 422x346px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_78.png
105KB, 422x346px
How man
>>
>>157377606
ayy lmao kek
>>
>>157377606
>>
>>157376709
how are you sick of lab before getting sick of...
hillock
brutus
merveil
kraityn
fidelitas
alira
oak
vaal oversoul
piety
dominus
voll
kaom
daresso
piety again
shavronne
doedre
maligaro
malachai
and all the shit in between them?
>>
>>157377836
i forgot a piety or two
>>
>>157377836
none of those require 50 minutes of slowly dodging traps
>>
this game is shit

i know because i've played it a lot
>>
>>157377961
neither does lab
>>
>>157377606
What is the best way to level something like this?
>>
>>157377836
i don't have any real love for progression, either, but there are things that the game has collected that are just dumb, and some i have to see more than others
there are some things far more tedious than others
i like boss fights, not fetch quests and things designed by memers
>>
>>157378123
Just buy a level 4 or dump 20gcp into the gem then put it on a +6% quality Haku weapon on your weapon swap.
>>
File: screenshot-0123.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-0123.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>
>>157377961
what does?
>>
>>157378338
is helm fire totem worth
>>
>>157378338
That bug got me so many unidentified amulets
>>
File: lol.jpg (348KB, 1858x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
348KB, 1858x1080px
>>157378338
Got more coins than you.
>>
File: 1474308484461.jpg (20KB, 253x517px) Image search: [Google]
1474308484461.jpg
20KB, 253x517px
tfw no qt witch gf with qt witch feet to frolic through fields of dismembered corpses with :3
>>
File: screenshot-0124.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-0124.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>157378434
it's bretty good, i think the biggest benefit is that despite having a pretty much 6l damage-wise (30% more from helmet, 50% more because third totem) you have the mana cost of a 4l so you don't have to gulp or spec blood magic
on the other hand you miss out on leech from chieftain
>>
>>157327110
you contrarian fucks, endgame IS the game. Nobody gives a fuck about normal-cruel-merciless and white-yellow maps. Its not where the game is, the games true "face" is starting to show in late yellow - early red maps and what you call the "unimportant" 5%. If you think its ok that only 5% of skills can clear the only part of the game that is remotely interesting and that everybody WANTS to clear - you are a fucking retard since you just trashed all the time that went into developing and balancing these skill gems as well as trashing the whole "muh build variety durr". A new player comes into game, sees a shitton of skillgems, gets excited, learns that 95% of them cant do endgame content, gets frustrated, feels cheated, uninstalls, ggg loses money, ggg shuts down servers, you go cry in a corner over your forever lost 9999 stashtabs
>>
File: 1395261222527.jpg (571KB, 1921x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1395261222527.jpg
571KB, 1921x1052px
>tfw ywn have an orgy with titty bitches
>>
>>157377392
you can clearly see they didnt bother with this league as much as they did with prophecy
>>
>>157379750
essence league has been the most successful league in the last 2 years
>>
>>157379750
the new boss fights are more interesting that ms. cleo
>>
>>157379818
it has nothing to do with league's quality. We all know this time ggg spent more time on atlas than on actually making an interesting league, and since most people dont even care about temp leagues, the endgame "expansion" brought more people in despite the league being even worse than perandus, at least perandus didnt break the game itemisation balance as hard as essence did
>>
>>157380020
atlas is interesting
essences were interesting
>most people don't even care about temp leagues
most people are casual plebs who play perm leagues to amass wealth and gear
we don't care about perm league shitters
>at least perandus didnt break the game itemisation balance as hard as essence did
are you fucking retarded?
perandus was a joke and people stopped playing sooner because easy access to tier 1 uniques meant people finished their characters sooner and got bored
you have no arguement and you are probably just regurgitating some shit you read on plebbit
fuck off and keep your idiocy to yourself
>>
>american prime time
>thread goes to shit
like clockwork

see you in 12 hours for when the general gets good again
>>
what are some maps?
>>
>>157380180
>perandus was a joke and people stopped playing sooner
no they didn't
go look at the player retention on steam for perandus
>>
>>157379750
They're roadmap is a Major League with Minor Core changes (Prophecy) followed by a Minor League with Major Core changes, (AoW+Essence). Next up is going to be an interesting league again.
>>
>>157380373
>Prophecy
>major

literally optional
>>
You could have learnt a skill during the thousands of hours you wasted on this game. What's your excuse?
>>
>>157380538
I learned to suppress my suicidal thoughts
>>
>>157380283
>3:30 in the morning
>american prime time
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>157380645
americans stay woke
>>
>>157380538
it's better than spending time and money on a mobage
>>
File: 1466654682137.png (58KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1466654682137.png
58KB, 500x492px
>>157380645
i'm free
>>
File: 1475952832999.png (493KB, 741x1586px) Image search: [Google]
1475952832999.png
493KB, 741x1586px
>>157380325
retard
>>
>>157380538
I played so much guitar hero i beat Jorden on expert; y'know instead of actually learning guitar. I've resolved myself to being shit, the real question is why are you here. This is a NEET safe space normie
>>
>>157380920
jesus christ what the fuck happened from invasion to bloodlines?
>>
>>157380645
>america is a single time zone
>>
it's ausfag hours you fucking retards
go look at a fucking map of the world
you'll be surprised how much you can learn
fucking insular, braindead americunts
>>
calm down
>>
File: 1457532271584.jpg (90KB, 733x584px) Image search: [Google]
1457532271584.jpg
90KB, 733x584px
>>157380325
>>157380920
lol, the awakening, talisman and even prophecy had better player retention than perandus
silly perm league shitter in denial
>>
>>157380920
do you not know how to read graphs
like every time you post here it's opposite of reality land
>>
>>157381016
vanilla invasion put a lot of people off because the bosses were oneshotting everyone
it took a while for player numbers to recover
bloodlines was cancer and it wasn't until they toned down the mods that were the most aids for people to want to play
>>
this game had over 60k people on steam when it was first released, and that was after two years of beta with kripp and those guys

it's easy to see there used to be 100k people playing this game regularly... now there's barely 10k
>>
>>157381516
Bloodlines was so cancer it's amazing people tolerated it. And it took years for bullshit like p-link to be removed. God damn that league was retarded. I remember some chart showing that Bloodlines had the most deaths of any league overall.

And then they fucking made a 1-month bloodlines/whatevertheshitcorethingwas league and everyone on /poeg/ played it. What the fuck is wrong with this place?
>>
>>157381541
steam was 1/3 of the player base when 1.0 launched
>>
>>157381541
new games always bring in big numbers and then more than half of those players realise they are too casual for an arpg like poe
look at the numbers, the game is still growing it's base
also remember that steam players only make up rougly 25% of the total player base so the numbers are actually a lot more favourable than they first seem
>>
>>157381469
perandus lost 6k players in the first month
you really are a fucking retard
>>
>>157381647
the numbers are pretty dismal considering their burn rate would increase as they ramped up production to churn out new acts
which is why there are currency stash tabs, and aggressive cross-promotional campaigns during each league
>>
File: 1400442273229.png (176KB, 263x294px) Image search: [Google]
1400442273229.png
176KB, 263x294px
>>157378571
what do you think her foot sweat tastes like?
>>
>>157381597
Bullshit mechanics that nearly kill you keep the game entertaining. Without Nemesis/Beyond/Bloodlines I'd fall asleep from mindlessly killing weak mobs on my way to a mediocre boss.
>>
>>157381541
at least 10k people purchased an atlas of worlds supporter pack
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739677/page/1

of course you will dismiss this as GGG lying because how could your little bubble be nothing but assumptions and delusions
>>
>>157381763
dismal compared to what?
whenever i play i feel like the game is alive and well
there are enough players to keep the economy going on ehc even this far into the league
mtx are fine if it means people are willing to pay to keep the game free for the rest of us
>>
>>157381736
it has the most players since nemesis you mongoloid
your thesis is that perandus drove players away sooner by virtue of giving them items they wanted, and it has over 10k average players after a month, which is more than talisman ever has
you are actually unintelligent in the extreme
>>
File: 1422126311328.jpg (336KB, 1653x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1422126311328.jpg
336KB, 1653x1104px
>>157381839
this is why vanilla invasion was the most fun (yes, silly one shots from offscreen are fun) followed closely by beyond
i am still waiting for custom leagues so i can run perma beyond and bring back the fracture map mod hnnng
>>
>>157382030
there are short races for that
you should participate in them and understand why such leagues wouldn't work for longer than a week tops
>>
>>157379587
take a deep breath, dude
>>
File: 3252305823.jpg (87KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
3252305823.jpg
87KB, 540x500px
>>157381932
10,000 people you say
>>
>>157382001
you said retention
that's not the same as the most players
fucking idiot
people jumped on the free uniques train and left swiftly afterwards because there is no fucking satisfaction in gaining that shit for literalyl zero effort
jesus, you are such a stupid twat
>>
>>157382174
What % of the playerbase do you actually think supports the game financially?
>>
File: trumprallywaitingline.webm (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
trumprallywaitingline.webm
2MB, 320x180px
>>157381932
what the fuck does this have to do with an almost 80% drop in player numbers over the past 3 years
>>
>>157382086
the one month had beyond and was quite successful
>>
>>157382198
perandus retains more players than previous leagues have
you have down's
>>
>>157382227
3 years ago, there wouldn't have been 10k people purchasing a $220+ supporter pack, but feel free to rewrite history to fit your deluded narrative that the game is dying despite evidence it's not
>>
>>157382281
we are talking about the change in numbers not the difference in total numbers, fucktard
more people came to get their free uniques which bumped up the total number of players, but a greater percentage of those players left straight after they got their free uniques
the total numbers are inflated because of shitters clamouring for free uniques
that doesn't mean it was a more successful league
it was a mistake by ggg and this is evident because more than a fucking third of the players left in the next month
fuck's sake
>>
>>157381932
that's their initial stock of them, not how many they sold
>>
>>157382295
>game is dying despite evidence it's not

all you're showing is that there's a larger number of loyal supporters than there was years ago. it doesn't prove the game isn't dying. the data is right in front of your stupid face but you refuse to accept it

besides, the greatest indicator of a dying game is GGG releasing less content less frequently. we're down to only one race season a year, one or two temp races a year, and no more separate HC/SC leagues, which is a large part of the reason the HC playerbase is fading away because HC leagues were always specifically designed to appear to the HC player mindset. now we're stuck with shitcrow leagues that do nothing but make the game easier. we used to get balance/content patches every two weeks, race seasons always going on, temp leagues several times a year. now we get nothing. it's retarded

GGG lets this game die 9 months of the year and you expect everyone to think it's doing fine
>>
File: 1472518126442.jpg (31KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
1472518126442.jpg
31KB, 300x377px
>>157381825
[soon their dicks will rise for me, not against me[/spoiler]
>>
retard
>>
>>157382423
no dipshit, the total number of retained players to the game is the relevant factor, because those people spend money
the initial numbers are increased by ggg's current advertising strategy, which is why essence league continues the trend
a lot of them will leave, because they are mmorpg readers
some percentage of them stick around if they like what they are doing, and they spend money
retard
>>
>arguing over semantics
you're both retarded
>>
>>157382630
Not him, but I agree that total playersnumbers are important
>>
How jarring is it to go from life to CI? Does the game become easier? Are uber lab traps easier with CI?
>>
>>157382903
ask helman
>>
File: ZDENqm6.jpg (572KB, 1200x791px) Image search: [Google]
ZDENqm6.jpg
572KB, 1200x791px
We don't want the kind of players that Perandus attracted, though.
And I still think it was a mistake on GGG's part to release a league that completely shat on the hardcore economy like that.
It was a desperate attempt and it kind of worked, but it wasn't healthy for the game and the huge numbers of players that left shortly afterwards proves it was not a good idea for the longevity of the game.
There are better ways to get more players interested (essences), and the same goes for keeping people playing for longer (atlas progression).
>>
>>157382523
didn't read your butthurt novel desu
>>
>>157382630
increase to total numbers was good
large proportion leaving a month into the league was not good
perandus was a bad league
>>
>>157382523
you're just as retarded as this guy arguing in favor of perandus
>>
>>157383029
perandus objectively grew the game, despite being plagued by serious performance problems
you are a memer of the raiz variety
>>
>>157367151

>that red arrow

o i am laffen
>>
File: SffDeUqDV-Q.jpg (106KB, 717x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SffDeUqDV-Q.jpg
106KB, 717x1024px
>>157382523
I don't agree with you completely, but it does make me sad that there aren't more flashback races and that hardcore leagues don't have interesting and challenging mods.
Just like with most games, as they grow, the playerbase becomes more casual in nature. It is only natural. And so GGG has to shift their resources to better cater to them. I am fine with this, but when it starts to impact the HC players it is kind of annoying.
I still think they are putting out great content, I just hope they grow to the point that they can satisfy both camps in a satisfactory manner.
>>
>>157382903
occultist uninterrupted es regen literally let's you run through traps without a care
>>
>>157383170
>perandus objectively grew the game for the wrong reasons
ftfy

>you are a memer of the raiz variety
also, reminder that raiz did nothing wrong
>>
>>157383290
no one actually likes overtuned content
they pretend they do, but then they cry about it when it kills them
hence all of the "hardcore" players that cried about invasion bosses and beyond mobs
by the time ggg "balances" this content the hc league has already shed players
the majority of those "hardcore" players don't even attempt guardian and shaper kills, preferring instead to buy them like pussies
>>
>>157383048
don't be so quick to dismiss other people's opinions
makes you sound like one of those frothing sjw types
>>
File: 800px-Point_Blank_distance.jpg (100KB, 800x357px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Point_Blank_distance.jpg
100KB, 800x357px
is point blank a good keystone?
>>
>>157383451
You call people pusssies for buying kills while in the same breath say the content is overtuned. The truth is GGGdoesn't know how to balance shit, and makes new bosses one shot for "challenge", combine that with the fact that thier servers blow, most skills are useless in endgame content, and nobody but neets and streamers has time to dump into releveling a decent hc hero and you get the current hc league.

To be honest, they might as well just cut hardcore completely until they learn how to actually balance things and make thier servers not run on burnt toast technology.
>>
>>157383468
i'm quick to dismiss the ramblings of a madman
>>
>>157383825
reminder that in the first hardcore challenge league, onslaught, neon revealed that more than half of "hardcore" players were docks farming with spork totems
>>
How does elemental equilibrium work with shaper of desolation? If I cast a lightning spell while the ignite conflux is up do the mobs get lighting and fire res or are the two instances of damage seperated?
>>
>>157384004
I don't blame them, broken damage coupled with insane survivability is the only way to go through hc. It's a shitty mode. You spend hours slogging through 3 full difficulties of the same content, just to get to maps that are rehashes of the same things you played through, but actually fun. Couple that with egregious hitboxes, and terible oneshots and you get hardcore, where they player base shittalks sc almost exclusively.

Shitty oneshots, and garbage mobs that can melt your lifepool in secnods are excuseable in softcore, because you only have a certain number of lives and can recover from bullshit like that, even if it's at the cost of your exp bar. In hc there's no balance for it, so it's pretty mucha surprise if a mob is goign to have the right combinations of affixes to completely murder you by just being a trash mob.
>>
>>157384246
EE only cares about hits. Whether your lightning damage can now ignite or chill is irrelevant, you still hit with 100% lightning damage.
>>
File: Point Blank Utility.png (350KB, 1272x473px) Image search: [Google]
Point Blank Utility.png
350KB, 1272x473px
>>157383606
I mentioned it in another thread, its strong considering its a big multiplier and really cheap but mechanically its poor and even the greater damage will probably worsen your clear because you effectively reduce your aoe
>>
>>157384246
equilibrium is only applied by hits, ignite is not a hit
>>
Is it cheaper to buy good armor and 6 link it or get white 6l and roll it?
>>
>>157385172
the latter
>>
>>157385172

rolling/crafting a "good" armor can be as expensive as 6Ling it
>>
>>157385308
Well I don't really need "good" armor, just health and ES, everything else is optional
>>
>>157385346
>hybrid builds in 2017-2months
>>
>>157385406
It's not actually hybrid, I took 0 ES nodes
>>
>>157385480
then why do you want ES on your chest?
>>
>>157385501
Because INT armor has ES
>>
File: 1448719436014.png (5KB, 271x213px) Image search: [Google]
1448719436014.png
5KB, 271x213px
>turdbirds unironically think poe isn't dying
>>
>>157385701
only a sad individual like you would keep shitposting about it

i feel sorry for you
>>
>>157385774
>t. pooperpillaged turdbird
>>
>>157385794
get a life, or end yours, i care very little as long as you're gone
>>
File: 1469046800076.jpg (14KB, 249x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469046800076.jpg
14KB, 249x225px
>>157385843
you've been saying that for like three years and yet here i am
>>
File: Screenshot_79.png (417KB, 673x750px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_79.png
417KB, 673x750px
What will it be guys?
>>
>>157386014
trash of course
>>
File: Screenshot_80.png (524KB, 592x677px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_80.png
524KB, 592x677px
>>157386014
>>157386056
They got me again.
>>
>>157386106
Fated thousand ribbons when, just triple all the stats
>>
File: Screenshot_81.png (624KB, 408x698px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_81.png
624KB, 408x698px
Maybe this one. Come on no whammies!
>>
>>157386056
>>157386106
I got a cospri's wil out of it once. but yeah 95% of the times vendor trash, just as with all unique drops
>>
>>157386548
>drops are always weighted so the "it could be anything!" prophecies and div cards are always, always trash just like regular drops

truly no fun allowed
>>
>wake up too early and start sleeping again
>have this near lucid dream about a girl i had a crush on more than 10 years ago
>can feel her touch and voice, can feel her presence, literally stronger experience than what i've felt in months irl
>tfw wake up into a cold and grey day alone

thanks brain
>>
File: eaZrosc.png (87KB, 757x846px) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
87KB, 757x846px
>>157387459
>tfw this but an imaginary girl
>wake up feeling like you've lost someone you've loved
>wake up having lost literally the girl of your dreams

dreams are fucked
>>
the game is designed around the player being able to logout
it's a conscious design choice
get over it
>>
File: 1382628507781.png (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1382628507781.png
33KB, 800x800px
>>157387459
i dreamt about sucking on a witches toes after she finished ascending the climb in a2
>>
>>157373602
The sword is shit.
>>
>>157387687
>climb
>a2
umm...
>>
>>157387691
you're shit
>>
>>157387565
the absolute worst part is, despite GGG acknowledging logout macros, ACTUAL reasons for disconnecting like power outage or internet outage leave you standing there long enough to die.

It's stormy as shit here and I don't dare play hardcuck when my power could go out any second.
>>
File: 1470901497342.jpg (114KB, 947x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470901497342.jpg
114KB, 947x1080px
>>157387513
>>157387459
sometimes dreams are the best part of my life though
>>
wanna cuddle?
>>
>>157387459
at least you can still experience emotions
>>
cry moar
>>
I wish I could still feel sadness, instead I just numb myself with another day of playing this game I no longer enjoy
>>
one good thing about hiroshima killing this website will be the mass suicides
>>
kys
>>
>>157388319
Notch will buy us
>>
do you guys wanna know why scion is my favorite class
>>
sure
>>
because she has no redeeming qualities
reminds me of myself
>>
self pity is disgusting
>>
dead gaem
dead board

rip in peace
>>
going to take my 3rd nap of the day
mapping is exhausting
>>
Finally got 36 challenges, time to ditch this shitty league.
>>
6 more weeks of shitposting
>>
File: 1360575381218.jpg (1MB, 1187x922px) Image search: [Google]
1360575381218.jpg
1MB, 1187x922px
>>
retard
>>
what did he mean by this
>>
just stop posting

let this general die
>>
make me
>>
nice general poetards
>>
GGG should start paying us to play

seems fair considering how shit this game is
>>
get a life, you pathetic faggots
maybe the you wouldn't burn out on the game so quickly and blame it for your troubles
poe is fine
it's you that has the problem
>>
word
>>
>>157393902
what are you talking about

we all love poe
>>
Is there any ahk script that can help me see item lvl, calculate weapon dps?
>>
retard
>>
who are you replying to?
>>
File: 1254.jpg (6KB, 158x200px) Image search: [Google]
1254.jpg
6KB, 158x200px
>>
>>157395374
Yes.
>>
what do you do when your build sucks and you don't have the regrets to respec into something better? i feel trapped in this shitty character that is the reflection of my miserable existence
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDc5lSk87k
We've come so far....
>>
stop regurgitating plebbit posts here you pathetic piece of shit
>>
how do you know it was posted on reddit?
takes one to know one...
>>
>>157387459
Picture of a sullen looking anime girl laying in bed and blankly staring at the ceiling.
>>
>>157395781
You make a new character.
>>
How far can I get with a self-cast build before reflect fucks me in the ass?
>>
>>157397497
i'm playing selfcast FB and i'm nearing lv85 in maps and reflect mobs haven't been an issue

but then again i rely on ignites rather than direct 10 stack blasts

we'll see if i just jinxed myself here
>>
Does /poeg/ have a guild that runs shitty maps together?
>>
>>157398004
>joining a vg guild/group/queue
>>
>>157398031
I have no friends, who am I supposed to play with?
>>
>>157398096
Not vg.
>>
>>157398004
<GULP>
>>
>>157398096
Solo self found is the only proper way to play.
>>
I'm about to buy a Belly for my Armour based char and switch out my ghetto rare chest. Even when I buy a Belly with good Armour roll, I still lose about 650-600 Armour, is the life trade off worth it?
>>
>>157398518
scratch that, I'm actually losing about 1,5k armour
>>
armour is worthless come endgame
>>
>>157398476
But don't you get bonus experience and drop rates in party play? There's no reason to play solo unless you're just a loser.
>>
trading update when ?
>>
>>157399080
but trading is perfect, what more could you want? :^)
>>
>>157398854
>bonus experience
no

>drop rates
you get less loot per person than if you played solo
>>
>>157398518
After thinking for a second and doing the math on it, i realized what a stupid question that was.
The higher armour puts me at 6.8k ehp vs phys, the Belly at something like 8.3k, and it helps vs ele too...
>>
>ehp
>>
>>157399080
if you're too cheap to spend like 10bucks when tabs are on sale, then get a job
you dont need a lot to get very rich during a league

if you're too stupid to use poetrade then go to school

trading is fine as it is now, better than any other game of the genre, except maybe the gold AH of D3 but I like poe trading better because of players interactions

only plebs and newfriends complain about trading
>>
>>157399271
Don't trust the physical damage reduction from armor displayed ingame.
>>
>>157399271
Belly is trash you fucking faggot. There is a reason nobody uses it.

Get Kaoms if you want life or LC if you want mitigation and need the sockets.
>>
>>157398476
Sure if you enjoy progressing at snail tempo or play lol-I'm-throwing-totems/traps.
>>
retard
>>
File: eve online rejects hard at work.png (11KB, 1121x34px) Image search: [Google]
eve online rejects hard at work.png
11KB, 1121x34px
>>157399337
>>
>>157399271
other anon is right, belly is a bad option

a decent rare 5 link chest with some res + life for 20c will be better.
>>
>>157399337
>players interactions
I fucking wish.
>>
>>157395787
can I get a fucking reply you cunts
>>
>>157399465
I have no problem playing semi- casually and buying items worth several ex

I played Eve too and know well enough what kind of people enjoy the economy simulator in those games and that they dont really matter in the end.
>>
>>157399363
>>157399472
Can you explain why? I'm not doubting you guys, I just want to understand it.

Also, I had a look at Lightning Coil. I fail to see how -60% Light. Res is justifieable in any scenario.
>>
>>157393510
>Implying I don't get paid to play
>>
Ziggy d had some tool that let him check the prices of an item while still in game. Does anyone know what that was?
>>
mitigation/avoidance is useless in this game
just stack hp/es or die
simple as that
>>
>>157399635
sometimes I get comment on hideout, sometimes I comment another players hideout

often I'll get whispers for non priced items and people can just buy for whatever they want I dont even look and they're grateful

sellers / buyers who understand you need to take your time when buying something expensive for example

its the little things, much more friendly than an auction house
>>
>>157400059
If you type !script or !scripts in his chat the bot will give you the links to them.
>>
>>157400118
>implying you can stack enough HP to survive

dumb CIbabby

Even with 9k HP you'll be squishy without mitigation.
>>
>>157400129
i'm with you, pal
>>
>>157400129
Holy shit go outside if you want human interaction so badly you pathetic NEET fuck.

>oh my god I'm actually talking to people WOAH

Retard.

Where's that ribbit post of some RP faggot pretending his hideout was an office
>>
>>157400202
delet this
>>
>an unexpected disconnection occured
>lose a map
nice servers poetards
>>
dont be mad anon its ok
>>
File: 1453217398539.jpg (38KB, 355x303px) Image search: [Google]
1453217398539.jpg
38KB, 355x303px
i listed an item and got 3 whispers in under 30 seconds with no price set, how the fuck do i price something like this
>>
>>157400376
As many hundreds of chaos as you want.
>>
>>157400376
There obviously is a high demand for it, seeing as you got whispered almost instantly multiple times.
Ask them what they would be willing to pay, wait for their answer, then regardless of what their offer is tell them someone else offered way higher, see where it goes. Keep one of the 3 guys out of the loop so you have something to fall back on in case you fuck up with the other 2 buyers.
>>
File: 1378256194413.jpg (11KB, 389x324px) Image search: [Google]
1378256194413.jpg
11KB, 389x324px
Well, I guess this is it for me. I've finally managed to build a proper character on my own who is able to clear end game content at a reasonable pace, and with some somewhat original features (low life without shavs or lorica, for instance).

And now I'm tired of playing this game. There is barely anything left to do now, and I can't be bothered to finish my RNG-infested challenges for that awful portal (34 challenges done).

Maybe I lost complete interest in this game because back then, I was a shitter who never broke the T9 barrier and always fantasized on how good the loot from end-game content was. And now, after running countless uber labs, twinned cores, 160 IIQ T15 vaaled maps with anarchy bonus, I saw that the loot pretty much remains the same.

I've amassed a fair amount of currency, but it was mostly done due to playing the market and selling several low priced items. I never had any fat loot, even though I conquered the highest and hardest content, repeatedly.

Uber Atziri only gave me Vertex masks. Shaper only gave me those meme gloves. Uber lab only helped me sustain my T12 map pool. What is the point of being strong enough to slay a twinned Malachai with several ripping mods, if you're only going to be rewarded with random rares and magic items for this endeavor?

My best loot this league was a single Exalted orb, which came from a random barrel in a T6 map. And this made me finally realize, that there was no need to build such a strong character when stronger foes will only probably change the drop rates from 0.0001% to 0.001%.

So now, I'm done with my journey. My fantasy of conquering powerful foes and being properly rewarded for my hard work is shattered, and I have no further reasons to keep playing.

Good luck to all of you who remain playing, I'm finally out.
>>
>Fragment of the Minotaur costs 3c
>Fragment of the Phoenix costs 19c

???
>>
File: 1474080752825.jpg (94KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1474080752825.jpg
94KB, 350x464px
>>157400767
>>
What cheap build should I make to attempt a Shaper kill.

Seems like cuckblast is the best option but I really hate the channeling playstyle (fuck Totems too).
>>
Just starting out. What should I build?
>>
File: 1472904329780.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1472904329780.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>tfw you will never get to make your own diablo clone
>>
>>157400376
>how the fuck do i price something like this
search similar rings and list it for a competitive rate? It's not fucking rocket science. The ring has pretty straight forward stats. Look up rings with ~110 total resistances, 40+ max ES and 22+ chaos damage. If there's nothing even close to it list it for a few ex. If you get a lot of messages raise the price, if not slowly lower it over time.
>>
>>157377392
I actually am and having more fun than in previous.

Come at me catgirl
>>
>>157401462
Pretty sure that's a dude, mate.
>>
>>157401509
I dont mind
>>
>>157401208
If you like spell caster try spelltotem, if you want to play melee try ancestral warchief.
>>
>>157399964
>Also, I had a look at Lightning Coil. I fail to see how -60% Light. Res is justifieable in any scenario.

You can fairly easily make back the -60% lightning resistance with good rolls on your gear. But lightning coil sends 30% of physical damage taken to lightning damage which can then get mitigated by up to 75+%. You're almost never going to get that level of mitigation using pure armor. And (i think) the way armor works you'll still take way less damage with 30% mitigated by 75% lightning resistance than you would with 75% armor.
>>
>>157400767
Literally NOBODY cares.
>>
>>157398476
the game is obviously balanced around trading for gear once you're into mapping.
>>
>>157401658
Neither do I, just making sure you were forewarned.
>>
>>157382030
eh, beyond super regen mobs werent fun at all.
>>
>>157401747
One of the advantages LC gives to armor builds is that armor is more effective against smaller hits. So in addition to heavily reducing 30% of the damage, your armor is more effective against the other 70%.
>>
niggers
>>
>>157402018
thank you
>>
>>157398518
Armour is shit right now so go with the higher life pool
>>
>>157400767
I got a starforge on my first shaper kill in essence hardcore. How mad are you right now
>>
>drop a rathpiths in shitcore
>feel excited because it's my best drop in days
>Look up the price and it's only worth 3c
Never ever again l.
>>
>>157402767
the flask is better desu
>>
>>157403137
I agree but the flask is worth half the cost for some reason
>>
>>157401854
Nobody posts anything interesting in this general, I might as well keep up with the norm.
>>
>>157385701
You'd only think that if you were a retard playing hc, and unironically though hc saved the game or made up more than 50% of the game's playerbase.
>>
>>157400767
>can run highest content
>does not even craft his own godly gear despite being able to have all the high level bases he wants
there are many ways to get good gear.
>>
>>157401747
>>157402130
Got it. Still, with LC I would have to make more adjustments to my gear, getting more Light. Res.
While with Belly I pretty much only have to put it on and I instantly go from 4.7k life to 6k+.

I see that in an optimized scenario, LC provides more mitigation (vs. physical at least), but I don't see how this makes Belly a shit item.
>>
>>157403269
eh, probably people falling for the "sword is OP" meme. it being the rarest drop doesnt help that mentality
>>
>>157403414
I thought the flask was the rarest.
>>
Can riposte quit?
>>
>>157403479
2nd rarest
>>
This game is bullshit, I finally beat the last boss and now I have to start again? wtf is this? You can shove your stupid game, I'm going back to WoW.
>>
>>157403509
Crit
>>
File: 1365822818107.jpg (112KB, 750x674px) Image search: [Google]
1365822818107.jpg
112KB, 750x674px
>>157403316
That was not my point. I did have some good gear and I also had a good amount of currency, but it was mostly from me playing the market or crafting my own items.

Nothing top-tier came from the top-tier bosses, and that was my annoyance with the game. It is a grinding game and the fun comes from obtaining loot, but the loot you get from the toughest enemies barely differs from random trash mobs.

Oh look, Abyss twinned kaom with no regen and no leech just dropped 3 rares and 12 blues, the same thing I get from almost every blue pack out there.

The grinding in this game isn't fun, period.
>>
>>157401239
Why not? We have so much material to study and/or if you're lazy you just have to dominate a lego-like engine to do it...
>>
>whakabullshit

holy fuck this is so annoying
>>
>>157403580
malachai isn't the final boss 'tard
>>
>>157403764
i mean a real game, not some fucking one man garage project that won't even have 3d graphics
>>
>>157403802
Well why did I go back to the start? Is your shitty game glitchy too. Oh I a am laffin. Fucking idiot, it says on the wiki he is. I suppose you know better?
>>
>>157403741
I kinda agree, IIR especially does not feel rewarding at all. I understand they made it like this at the beginning due to having few uniques and whatnot, but they should rebalance it.

The problem is, the game drops are balanced around trade, its not a very single-player friendly game
>>
>>157403921
GGG's writers simply grasp the concept of nietzsches eternal reccurence better than any other video game developer on the market you fucking pleb
>>
>>157403923
>The problem is, the game drops are balanced around trade

I ended up realizing that, afterward. If such content guaranteed great loot, then the loot itself would drop in value thanks to greater supply.

Multiplayer was a mistake. Wish they'd released a tweaked single-player version where you can just /players 6 and have fun.
>>
File: 1401387668202.jpg (85KB, 466x566px) Image search: [Google]
1401387668202.jpg
85KB, 466x566px
>tfw your flask doesn't consume charges
>>
GRINDING
R
I
N
D
I
N
G
>>
>>157403921
it's a beta
the final boss will be Kalandra
right now the final boss is The Shaper
>>
>>157404089
>Remorse.-- Never yield to remorse, but at once tell yourself: remorse would simply mean adding to the first act of stupidity a second.

He was on to something, like having to do the same thing again is retarded. Fucking path of ignorance LMOA

>>157404210
i DIDN'T SEE NO SHAPER AFTER MALACHAI, JUST THAT FUCKING GOON AT THE END OF THE FIRST LEVEL. FUCKING HELL
>>
File: POE_21_zps3893f6b5.png (399KB, 372x608px) Image search: [Google]
POE_21_zps3893f6b5.png
399KB, 372x608px
>>
File: nice.gif (2MB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
2MB, 300x228px
>>157373404
>>
>>157404375
I don't like this, it makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>157402908
It's still 3c. Pick it back up.
>>
>fat man offers me a coil for 3k coins
>check poe.trade
>it's 1c
just softcore things
>>
File: POE_08_zpsbbec3400.png (184KB, 296x305px) Image search: [Google]
POE_08_zpsbbec3400.png
184KB, 296x305px
>>
>>157403776

at least I got this

shame for the base, else its probably the best item I ever got
>>
>>157403741
What exactly do you want?

+100% boss IIQ per each map mod you consider "hard"? not possible to balance. Why should the game be catered to YOUR build? No regen no leech is pretty trivial for say, a SRS build. Next you might wanna tinker with boss drops based on your own personal assessment of their difficulty. But who are you to say Daresso should drop better loot than Kaom?

Guaranteed t1 uniques for t15 bosses? oversaturation 4 days into the league. Having "guaranteed" outcomes is pretty stupid in an arpg in any case.

Shit drops for t1 maps and god tier drops for t15 maps? Ironically making the game even more penalizing for people who refuse to partake in the trading system, which are really the only ones in position to complain about risk vs reward, since they cannot profit from high map drops the same way others do.

Your reward is experience and higher ilvl bases that ARE valuable and +2 map drops. Expecting anything more is foolish whether the game is solo or meant to be trade-centered. Essentially you wanna destroy the only incentive to play the game in the first place, which is randomized loot system.
>>
>>157404945
vaal it and hope it doesnt brick and this belt might sell bretty gud
>>
>>157405236
I vaal countless items every league

every

single

time

the only things I brick are decent to valuable items

cheapest belt like mine right now is 65c, exactly what I spent to buy a chest earlier today
cant afford to brick it and I know it will happen,.
>>
>>157405478
>refusing to advance science just because it's hard
disgraceful
>>
>>157404945
It's not that good for builds that are already wayyy overcapped in resists, had that been a leather belt sure, but right now it's probably a 10c belt
>>
>>157405478
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
File: 1327946525458.jpg (29KB, 299x265px) Image search: [Google]
1327946525458.jpg
29KB, 299x265px
>>157404960
>It is okay that slaying the toughest monster in the game should give you the same reward as a run-of-the-mill blue pack

Imagine if you slayed Firkraag in BG2 and instead of being properly rewarded with Carsomyr, you received a bunch of +1 short swords.

And this is why I'm done with online ARPGs, everything must be balanced around trading, no matter how shitty your experience might turn out.

Congratulations, you've defeated the toughest challenge our game has to provide! Please accept this Redbeak as a reward.
>>
>>157405686
wow entitled much?
>>
>>157405573
I can take ele weakness + EE now tho

dont know if both mods can be applied but still

its pretty hard to get over 200% anyway, sure flasks recovery mods on belt are nice, but I'd rather have this belt and be comfortable with damage mods on rings, amulet and gloves.

I might vaal it, stay tuned lads.
>>
File: 1411956493239.jpg (106KB, 1277x719px) Image search: [Google]
1411956493239.jpg
106KB, 1277x719px
>>157405851
>"You spent several years studying, working and with that you've managed to create a wonderful software which will help millions of people, we are offering $10 bucks for your services."
>"But this isn't even remotely close to my effort"
>"wow entitled much?"
>>
>>157404285
Beat normal
Beat cruel
Beat merciless
Then do maps, all of them

Or you can wait some months and do it all again except without cruel
>>
>>157405686
I never said it was "okay", I said solving the issue is a little more complex than "lol just give me guaranteed t1 drops because I killed this hard boss."
This is what they implemented with guardians, and in a way that might be the sort of think you're looking for.

You're comparing two entirely different genres anyway. Certainly risk vs reward in PoE could be implemented better - currently it's very much biased towards trading trading trading because that's how the economy functions but there is no easy fix because of that. Even if the game was solo, you'd probably burn out at the same rate, if not quicker, if the game had better drops at higher tiers.
>>
>>157403923
>The problem is, the game drops are balanced around trade, its not a very single-player friendly game
Except it isn't or currency wouldn't be so annoying to get either.

There's literally nothing to this game but grinding, and to make you forget that, they put all the effective equipment behind a Trumpwall. Your only choice is to make a fucking itemfind build and grind the lake till you puke so that you can play the fucking game.

Otherwise goodluck getting currency to drop in enough quantities to do something meaningful. I mean, at least they made uber bosses garuntee a dropped loot item, but it should be in cycles or soemthing. Half the boss loot is fucking garbage anyway.
>>
File: EVERY_TRADE_IS_A_DEBATE.png (140KB, 435x522px) Image search: [Google]
EVERY_TRADE_IS_A_DEBATE.png
140KB, 435x522px
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO POOR?
>>
meh
>>
>>157404285
>the true final boss
>giga hillock
>>
>>157406139
he's a obnoxious little weasel and you're a deluded jewshit, guess what you should be both put down
>>
>>157405851
>entitled
>wanting reward for a challenge hard fought is "entitled

Lemme know how that culling goes Bilderbergh.
>>
File: why I dont play hardcore.png (59KB, 562x111px) Image search: [Google]
why I dont play hardcore.png
59KB, 562x111px
>>
>>157406365
I've been playing in worse conditions in hc for 2+ years now
>>
>>157405573
Yeah, okay, you find me a belt like that for 10 fucking c and I'dve bought it in a heartbeat.

Half the shit on poetrade is jsut retards trying to get an exalt for a fucking piece of shit belt.
>>
>>157406365
Just don't get hit lol
>>
>>157406365
>6
waow
>>
>>157406345
>>157405995
>poe
>challenge
>effort
pick 1 lel
>>
>>157406139
That guy seems like a cunt.

I just tell poeple like that "good, then i don't need to sell to you, go find somebody else" cept I do it with real money. The sense of satisfaction I feel when they message me back later asking if I still have it is priceless.
>>
>>157406139
stop with the caps
>>
>>157406139
new candidate for my ignore list
also everyone selling essence of spite just be to sure
>>
>>157406474
Nice backpedaling. You still have to put in hours to get any of the good gear, and that is real effort. For peanuts I might add.

Point still stands that if you have challenge in your game, you should also have a proper reward. Darksouls does this be allowing you acess to harder areas, more equipment, and more power, some bosses even reward you with the fight themselves if they're well designed enough.

This game expects you to put forth more effort and dedication than most games out there despite it's shallow gameplay, and you're rewarded for your time witha hot luigi in your face.

It's shit game design.
>>
>>157406419
I wish I had your patience.
>>
>>157406758
>It's shit game design.
You're playing the wrong genre.
>>
>>157406109
nah, grinding level is balanced around trade, pretty sure GGG admited this in the past. Currency is included, item finding in this game sucks absolute balls unless you mean to drown yourself in rares. the ideal would be D2 lvls of item finding, but that would tank the market.
The way to currency farm other than chaos recipe is to just clear content as fast as possible, (with IIQ if possible). IIR in this game is absolute shit and only desired lvls with IIR culler in full party. I've done itemfinding chars in the past and I find that Fast clear good build > IIR any day
>>
>>157406758
it's a f2p casino
good game design wasn't part of the equation
>>
File: 1372801899589.gif (197KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1372801899589.gif
197KB, 500x500px
>>157406010
Oh, I agree with you, this is an issue that can't be simply fixed to "guaranteed t1 drops". This would only cause T1 uniques to plummet in price due to increased supply, and now we're back to square one.

And if the game had better drops on a single-player mode, "burning out" wouldn't be the proper term. Instead, I would have fun in the process of beating the game, and moving on to play other vidya. I would have been happy and satisfied, not burned out.

And if you come to think of it, this is why they've designed their game to be like this. If I had received the proper reward for my efforts, I'd be very pleased and considered my job done. However, if all I get is crap, with a little compensation here or there, I'll keep on playing in the hopes of better loot. And this is what they want, to keep as many people trapped in this skinner box.

I would have concluded by saying that maybe ARPGs aren't meant for me, but I had a great deal of fun playing Diablo 1 and 2, which still suffered from the same problem (randomization, you might get crap from final bosses), yet felt like a proper game, because once I've slain Bhaal or Diablo, my job was done and I felt happy with my achievements.

Maybe it is the open nature of PoE, where you don't actually "beat" the game that makes me mad. Oh well.
>>
>>157405686
it's OK for the hardest monster in the game to give you nothing for a drop
because for the hardest monster in the game, the drops are not the point

but bosses in this game also have better drops, you're just throwing a fit over some bad luck in RNG: The Game
>>
>>157406758
it's a game by a company called GRINDING GEAR GAMES

get out of the general you shitter
>>
>>157406758
if the task is easy, then there is no effort regardless of whether it takes 1 hour or 100
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1048px
I'm aiming for flicker strike trickster with 2h sword, but I'm not experienced with theorycrafting. Does this look alright?
>>
>>157406829
>>157406916
Marvel heroes does it better, and they actually don't stand by shit game design choices.
>>
>>157407108
dunno, man, I only played that game for two hours in beta so i can't comment on it
>>
>>157407106
just go look up someone elses build who put in way more time and effort than you into it.
>>
>>157407067
It's not easy though.
>>157407063
Doesn't justify shit game design. You can have good drops and nice gear and still have a grind. Did your mother drop you on your head much kid?
>>
>>157407108
Does it have an economy you can participate in? Can you thrive without participating in it? what's the average you can play it before having maximized your gear and being "done" with your character? What is the end game? And why are you not playing it then?
>>
>>157407269
Oh hell no, marvel hereos was shit as fuck in beta, it only got better in the last fwe years, and it was great. They actually listened to players and made defense actually do something. Took em a while, and it was a massive overhaul, but they did it. Now they're redoing the skill systems in a pretty unique way, as well as overhauling thier legacy leveling system. It's pretty fucking nuts.

I put about 2k hours into that game, and loved it, sure I feel like I'm done with it, but the difference here is I want to go back to it, and I'm looking forward to more content to pull me in once again.
>>
>>157407042
You only play this game for two reasons, to experiment with meme builds, or "competitively" (racing, placing on the ladder, or at least challenges if you're a shitter)

If you don't have fun doing either of those two things, then yeah there's no reason to play this game.

And since they added the Shaper you can, in fact, "beat" the game.
>>
>>157407042
it's a fucking arpg not an rpg you fucking autist
go play fucking pillars of eternity if you want your guaranteed epics, you dumb cunt
jesus christ you are probably one of the most retarded individuals to set foot in this general
>>
>>157407452
Games need players first to get more content

>>157407106
Needs more frenzy charges
>>
>>157407537
this anon used his diamond flask for this post
>>
Are corrupted bosses actually buffed in any way?
>>
>>157407537
my man, the legend of zelda is an arpg
what was your point about diablo clones
>>
>>157407781
no
>>
>>157407373
Yes it does, but you also don't need to participate in it. You can grind for good items just fine once you manage to get to the endgame content. Aside from that, they did the great fucking design decision of having later story quests reward you with mid rand artifacts, so that you actually have the tools you need to get into the endgame content without there being a sheer cliff like this game.

It used to be about just the artifacts, since good uniques were easy to come by, but they're completely revamping that system too. and althought the meta is mostly stakcing crit, kinda like this game, the build diversity comes from the indiviual heroes themselves. You also have more than 2 attacks and a few auras in that game. Skill rotation is really nice and visuallly pleasing.

Aside from that, there's a legacy leveling system, which basically lets you do most end game content even if you can't find those perfect uniques and artifacts. Iniitally people complained it was too much of a grind to get enough omegas to get into it, so they introduced a curve to the exp of this secondary system, which made it so you could get to the baseline needed to do the endgame areas with effort, but so that it didn't take you a yeartime of play to do it, while making the exp taper off after that.

Endgame consists of raid bosses, and grinding areas, there used to be a thing like maps, but it was ruined and thrown to the side. Hopefully they'll fix it after the huge as fuck overhauls.

Only reason I'm not playing it is because I wanted something a bit different, and I beat the shit out of that game. I still want to go back once they add more content though, it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>157407550
They don't need players, they need money, and I sure as shit paid my dues, because not many games could rope me in for hour s like that and make me have a blast while doing it. It was kinda miserable at first, but then it shot the fuck off into space with how engaging it was.
>>
>>157407537
Somehow, ARPGs became a synonym for "poorly made virtual jackpot machine".
>>
LW meme totems are still shit right
>>
File: 1459452695350.jpg (775KB, 3460x3685px) Image search: [Google]
1459452695350.jpg
775KB, 3460x3685px
>casuals mad because cant buy anything more than 5c

kek go play torchlight
>>
>>157408073
This, it's not supposed to be this way. Grinding is a part of it, but there's no fucking middleground. you get normal>cruel>merc >low level mapping>SHEER CLIFF WALL> endgame content
>>
>>157408256
>5c
>anything good
you might be able to buy some shitty mediocre gear for that price, but you sure as hell aren't getting to endgame with that little.

70c for an exalt, ond one peice of essnetial gear costs 2, ONE PIECE.
>>
>>157408375
I spent like 7ex in ehc those last 3 days and made almost as much

perhaps van helsing if more your game
>>
I'll probably never kill Shaper in this league at this rate
pisses me off for some reason
>>
>>157406227
>16

vendor trash
>>
>>157408475
>EHC
>where exalts are 20c if that
did the market balance out for that, or are Kaom's still 40c?
>van helsing
no idea, looks good, but if the game is as dead as torchlight I'll pass.
>>
File: 1460807929466.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460807929466.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>157408671
show me you rare drops anon
>>
Reminder that Premium Stash Tab Bundle should be on sale tomorrow.
>>
>>157408790
I have 20 and a currency tab, I think I'm good for now.
>>
>>157408718
they're like 26 right now

nah van helsing is probably the worst shit I ever touched
played for like 2 hours, absolutely disgusted by the feel of the game, the movement, the 'skills' and everything, terrible, I had nightmares after that.
>>
>>157408790
Hopefully a better sale than the last currency tab.
I should have bought that currency tab
>>
File: d8de2078a8[1].png (347B, 42x21px) Image search: [Google]
d8de2078a8[1].png
347B, 42x21px
>>157408734
not online rn
>>
>>157408848
is it? What's it even play like?

Torchlight2 was kinda like this, but everything was bland, looked like shit, and everyone was antiscocial.
>>
>>157408927
currency tab is easily the best QoL purchase for the game. Everyone should buy themselves a currency tab and 6 premium tabs for trading and extra storage.
>>
So is there a point to go past 50% block when you have rumis
>>
hello my good friends
i'm gonna return to the game soon cause i got the craving. havent played since perandus league which was a blast. is physical coc cyclone still a thing or have there been major changes to it? because it looked fun and i wanted to try it
>>
>>157409630
so you can use a basalt instead
>>
>>157409637
coc is dead and i'm not even exaggerating
>>
>>157409915
noooooo what happened to it
>>
>>157408927
>Hopefully a better sale
aren't they always the same?
premium stash tab bundle always is on sale every 3 weeks for 165
>>
>>157410049
Every spell you attach to coc now has an individual 0.5s cooldown. No more machineguning spells via barrage or cyclone.

Ming you, it's still workable, just not hilariously overpowered.
>>
>>157410049
cooldown on proc was increased a lot, damage per proc was increased to compensate.
But he is exaggerating, CoC is still fine. "Its high end is now 16% of what it used to be, but that's still 16% of infinite damage

Zizaran had a good Cyclone CoC Discharge build with Cospri's Malice that he was going to take to 100 before it ripped to bears while he was struggling with caffeine dependency.
>>
>>157410236
oh, alright. it still seems usable that way
>>
File: crow noises.jpg (57KB, 923x344px) Image search: [Google]
crow noises.jpg
57KB, 923x344px
>>157408375
>70c for an exalt
>>
>>157410292
How does it work with a Cospri? I thought you still need Vagan dagger?
>>
i ded
>>
>>157410602
tell me how you lived
>>
>>157408375
>farming 70c
>hard
>spending 2ex on every piece of gear
I saved up to buy 2 chase uniques (heretic's veil and cospri's will) at 2 and 3ex apiece (the cospri's will i probably shouldn't have even bothered with)
every other slot cost 15-30c (or less) and i'm ele weakness capped with 9k ES
and this is an ES build, the one that is supposed to be expensive.
>>
>>157410662
as a proud groundslammer
>>
>>157410595
forgot you're cat
>>
>>157410724
be at peace now, son of tukohama
death... has freed you
>>
show me a coc build that has any kind of single target damage
>>
File: 1430198168658.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1430198168658.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>157410746
Yes, now explain how are you going to make up for all those missing dex and low accuracy with a Cospri?
>>
>>157410595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwogkq7Y9eE
i dunno
>>
>>157408073
it's all diablo 2's fault, as much as I love the game
>>
Fairgraves hard a hard unlife
>>
>>157408079
please respond
>>
act 5 should actually be act 3.5 (act 4 becomes 5, new act becomes act 4)
Highgate and Malachai need more setup and the Dominus fight which is one of the best in the game is undermined by the immediate jump to act 4 with no build up to the task.

I think an act about investigating the actions of Piety and her relationship between Dominus, moving on to her relationship to Malachai, would be the best way to complement the plot that currently exists in the game by providing a better path between Act 3 and Highgate while also providing some better punctuation to Piety's character than a boss fight that gets sidelined by Dominus about 5 minutes later.
>>
THE TOUCH
OF GOD
PFFFPFLFPTLTHHFLFPLT
>>
>>157412194
I would also like if the last act was a bit more structurally coherent than "lol portal to Kaom/Daresso"
>>
>>157412425
at least make the kaom section not so fucking boring compared to daresso's
>>
>>157412425
I just didn't like how act 4 felt so stitched together. It's all over the place.
>>
>>157412809
yeah
act one is the coast
act two is the jungle and some temples
act three is the city and some temples
act four is the aqueduct, the dried lake, the mines, gladiator world, maori lava world, and organ world
there's basically no thematic consistency
>>
>zana opens poorjoys asylum
literally a free 20 chaos
>tfw got a chaotic disposition from it
>>
Is burning vortex good as a saboteur with just trap/ele damage or does it need crit to be okay?

Would regular vortex trap be better without crit or no difference?

Sorry haven't played since beyond
>>
>>157413513
literally look up Mathil's build for it
>>
>>157413575
His is a low life build and I don't plan on going life at all though.
>>
>>157412425
this guy knows. Even though i don't particularly mind the act 4 content it feels incredibly disjointed and poorly slapped together.
>>
>>157413665

"looking up" doesnt mean "copy", retardo

see how vortex builds do damage so you can figure out what you want to do
>>
>have a million essences
>too lazy to price them and list them for sale

I suppose I should probably get to it eh?
>>
Snow act, desert act, space act and enormous constantly moving train act when?
>>
What is the recommended amount of ES required as CI for late endgame?
>>
File: Blitz Comics.png (529KB, 413x599px) Image search: [Google]
Blitz Comics.png
529KB, 413x599px
>>157414840
>enormous constantly moving train act
this would be really cool but not as an entire act
>>
>>157414968
25-30k
>>
File: 1456412162212.jpg (30KB, 384x499px) Image search: [Google]
1456412162212.jpg
30KB, 384x499px
>>157415030
>>
>>157415654
what's wrong with his face???
>>
File: 1474692268639.jpg (25KB, 388x392px) Image search: [Google]
1474692268639.jpg
25KB, 388x392px
>>157415889
What?
>>
>>157416010
what's wrong with his face too???
>>
>>157414998
fight a boss in a train station
boss summons trains that mow you the fuck down if you don't get out the way
>>
>>157416114
he ripped to burning ground on his vaal pact build
>>
File: 1471889511937.jpg (418KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1471889511937.jpg
418KB, 768x768px
>>157416114
High blood pressure.
>>
>>157410798
I await the judgement of my ancestors.
May Tukohama have mercy

what should I reroll now
knowing I already played like 6 characters and blew several ex on each, dont have much currency atm, except lots of uniques and decent rares.

storm call totems was my first idea, I havent played totems in a long time tho, dont know what ascendancy to pick really, or jjust go ancestral bond.
I want some satisfying single target, might join randoms to level up.

I cant stop playing this game 2bh
>>
>>157417130
inquisitor
>>
why dont we move this thread to /vip/?

i dont think theres anyone left without a pass and this keeps discorders/lebbiters from posting here
>>
>>157417130
storm call meh
>>
>>157417242
>this keeps discorders/lebbiters from posting here
how?
>>
>>157417204
inquisitor it is then famalam

cant stand the templar start tho
>>
>>157417242
>remove a feature
>make it available only to those that paid the good goy tax
>>
>>157417242
Great idea! Meet you there.
>>
>>157417242
lebbiters are pretty much the only ones who would go along with the idea of paying for 4chan.
>>
>>157417386
what feature was removed?
>>
>>157417130
before you get sad after leveling a borderline unplayable character, think about what links youll be using and how that will impact the duration of your totems. test it out and see if you find it passable.
>>
>>157407106
trickster without ES is basically throwing most of your ascendancy class down the gutter

slayer is infinitely better for physical 2H flicker

listen to this advice or im making a "FREE MOVEMENT SKILLS?" with you in the lead role
>>
>>157417431
lebbitors wouldnt give money to the website that they believe is literally like that 90's Hackers movie
>>
>>157417447
the feature where i suck your moms dick bitch
>>
>>157409637
you use this now: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cospri%27s_Malice
>>
What is the item that causes fire 'spears' to shoot out like a fan?
>>
>>157418384
glove enchant. Commandment of Fury, im pretty sure
>>
>>157418384
not exactly sure what you're talking about. Are you talking about some variation of fireball with support gems? Or incinerate? or... ?
>>
>>157417447
Posting without a captcha aka 4chan 2003-2010
>>
>>157418637
thanks senpai
>>
File: 1386399808027.png (116KB, 388x399px) Image search: [Google]
1386399808027.png
116KB, 388x399px
>>157416186
>GGG just makes it a massive bukkake of little trains just like Rigwald's wolves and Dominus's spirits
>>
Unexpected disconnections should open up a portal to where you last were, if the instance still exists.
>>
>>157422082
This.
>>
File: image.png (249KB, 423x377px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
249KB, 423x377px
>>157412194
>wanting ANOTHER act featuring Piety

Kill yourself waifufag.
>>
>latency spikes up for a fraction of a second
>FPS instantly plummets
>latency spikes up again
>PoE crashes

lack of local play was a mistake
>>
>>157422428
>latency spikes up while in transition
>unexpected disconnection
>transition takes a second longer than the expected
>somehow loses all ability to update the window, needs constant alt-tabbing just to navigate menus
>>
File: gear.jpg (311KB, 1175x651px) Image search: [Google]
gear.jpg
311KB, 1175x651px
Could someone give me advise on which slots I should give priority upgrading and how to upgrade? The gear in the pic is my current set up, it carried me into T8 maps but T9 is getting noticeably harder. It's a Resolute Technique Cyclone build.
>>
HOW MANY CHARGES DOES A MAN NEED? 3? 4? 6!?
>>
>>157417704
wrong general

>>157419246
you may not like it but there is a very good reason for why this website has captcha
>>
>upgrade your weapon
>>
>>157423391
I remember that reason and I also remember when captchas were meant to be temporary.
>>
>>157422421
The thing is, while Piety shows up like 9 times in the story shouting "I'll get you next time, exile!" There's no real catharsis to that arc because she just ends up being a mid boss preceding a fight that, while feeling epic, still feels like it comes out of nowhere.

It's not a simple case of "I want more Piety" so much as "we see so much Piety all over the place that her end should at least feel satisfying"
>>
How much of a meme build is whispering ice? It got my attention as a low budget way to go CI, but I can't help but notice that the build guide is 100 pages of the author arguing with people who couldn't make the build work.
>>
>>157423481
this meant for >>157422934 ?

if yes, I sadly can't afford an Atziris, and propbably never will.
>>
>>157424596
>sacrificing herself to help you defeat the big bad villain
>dying in the process and redeeming herself
>not cathartic
>>
>>157424734
"Ha ha I'm back!"
"Ok I'm good now"
"Oh I'm evil for a couple stages of this fight"
"OK now I'm dead FOR REAL THIS TIME"
I don't even know why she was there.
>>
File: charges.png (16KB, 75x115px) Image search: [Google]
charges.png
16KB, 75x115px
>>157423230
> 3? 4? 6!?

lmao
>>
>>157425086
>44% more damage
basically a FREE gem link
>>
>>157425086
AY YO
HOL UP
>>
>>157425086
is each frenzy charge a separate more multiplier or are they additive with each other?
i.e. is that 1.44x multiplier or 1.04^11 = 1.54x multiplier
>>
>>157422934
You need flat damage on all your jewelry and a meginords girdle
>>
>>157424734
every chapter of poe's writing sounds like fart noises to me
>>
>>157424953
The Beast is the source of all thaumaturgy, the one power in this world that transforms 'what is real' into 'what is imagined'.

The entire world is now at the mercy of one man's vision. It won't be the future I imagined, and it won't be the future you imagined, either. While he remains within the Black Core, the only imagination that matters... is Malachai's.
>>
>>157424953
more like
>"ha ha I'm back"
>"Ok i will help you stop malachai"
>"by the way even though I'm helping you now I don't regret a single thing I've ever done, 14/88 lunaris 2 should happen again"
>"Oh malachai put me under his control again so this boss battle could have this mechanic"
>"I'm dead now again but since this is wraeclast anything could happen wink wink"
>>
>>157425361
it's 1.44, frenzies are additive with each other
>>
>>157425361
Additive
>>
>>157425361
>is each frenzy charge a separate more multiplier
are you retarded?
>>
>>157424719
You can get higher pDPS with less than 10c.
>>
>>157425497
Don't forget
>hey duelist btw i'm a grill ;)
>>
>>157425439
malachai did nothing wrong
Who told you to go and kill him? Thaumaturgy hitler and his sociopathic ex-gf. Hmm...
Malachai would have made wraeclast great again
>>
>>157425267
>>157425361
its actually 44% more and 33% additional because i picked the worst ascendancy class in the game in my pursuit of the maximum clearspeed build
>>
>>157425497
>"by the way even though I'm helping you now I don't regret a single thing
Why would she? Very little time had passed between you defeating her in Lunaris and then again in the BotB. There was no time for her to reflect upon her actions and no reason for her to think she did anything wrong.
>>
>>157425852
>no reason for her to think she did anything wrong.
she got beat the fuck up

might is right
>>
>>157424627
you need extreme levels of gear for it to be comparable to any of the other top tier builds with much lower investment. Its basically meme firestorm with weaker dmg and more spread AOE until you get retard level gear
>>
>>157425714
poe is a walking naturalist fallacy, to be family
but then so is most science fiction; all the way back to mary shelley herself
>>
>>157425086
how do you maintain those against bosses
just spam frenzy?
>>
>>157425590
>frenzy charges grant 4% more damage
>more damage effects are always separate multipliers
>EXCEPT IN THIS CASE IT'S SO OBVIOUS YOU MUST BE RETARDED
ayyyyyy
>>
>>157425783
surely you aren't calling good girl raider the worst ascendancy
look at some of scion's options
>>
>>157425852
piety is a nietzschean overman like napoleon desu familia
>>
I think you folks are ready for this weekend.
>>
>>157425959
everything below T12 dies before my frenzies run out

everything above gets a quill rain frenzy to the face from safe distance to build charges (frenzy charges also give me 44% increased evasion and +22%, dodge so its dangerous to go alone)
>>
>>157426125
Pretty sure she's a character in a kiwi vanity project. Ymmv
>>
>>157425638
are 40dps more worth 10c?
>>
>>157426098
>judging an ascendancy by the worst options instead of what people would actually pick
wow quartz infusion is so fucking bad since you aren't running a way to generate frenzy charges and will never hit the cap
>>
Is cyclone still a good skill? Thinking about making a champion or slayer cyclone character
>>
>>157426610
not really
and slayer gets stun immunity while leeching, making the only good part of cyclone moot
>>
>>157426610
Still decent, but it's kinda just a worse Shield Charger. Literally a gem swap if you're running Facebreakers.
>>
File: 1441669775641.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1441669775641.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>157408256
FUCK YOU
>>
>>157417640
>borderline unplayable

you can make anything work honestly

maybe it wont be shaper viable but I dont care
I'll have 2 totems
spell totem - storm call - faster casting - less duration - hypothermia
spell totem - ice nova - faster casting - increased aoe

will update further
>>
>>157427207
That's awful. Have a nice weekend.
>>
>>157408256
Torchlight is fun tho.
>>
>>157427207

sounds like the most unfun build possible
>>
>buy 6l
>buy a bunch of gear
>buy the right helmet enchant
>link and color everything perfectly
>everything is right in the world
>lose all interest in character
anyone else like this
>>
>>157425373
well, this will be a nightmare to upgrade.
finding stuff with phys. damage AND keeping all my resistances capped AND keeping my int/dex requirements. sounds borderline impossible.
>>
>>157427370
with EE and tons of crit multi ?

are you one of those people who follow builds, never play the game, or exclusively melee with RT ?

rofl
>>
why is everything i want on poetrade so expensive? why are people so jewish?
>>
>>157428135
no
now's time to kill bosses
>>
>>157428776
because chris wilsonstein makes everything so scarce
but mostly because they see other people selling something for X and they sell it for X, because it costs X, and then the league ends
>>
>>157428776
A better question: why aren't you more jewish?
>>
>>157428707

>no crit gem investment in totem setups
>no ele pen investment in totem setups

since you are not going inquis (you mentioned multi), this alone is setting your up build to be shit, no matter EE since the damage you gain with it on one totem is also lost on the other.

also remember spell totems arent only slow, but they have a small delay before they begin casting; this doesnt matter much on builds that can do a fuckton of damage anyway and auto-aim (pizza sticks, bf, etc), but with those 2 spells i doubt it
>>
File: frodo.jpg (37KB, 358x480px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
37KB, 358x480px
>>157428960
why doesn't chris wilsonstein use the same drop system as d3?
>>
>>157429285
because then israel will complain that they can't play hearthstone
>>
>>157428135
sure, once a character is done I move on. It's done when it's finished being geared and the tree is at a nice stopping point.
>>
>>157429285

poe has a player econ

modern d3 has no econ
>>
>>157428776
probly because youre a shitcrow.
>>
>Playing a complicated game

Think what you could have done with your life, if you can comprehend this then you are the true privileged class of not a complete retard. Yet you waste away. Playing fantasy. I however am the King of Midland.
>>
>>157430543
>>157430543
>>157430543
>>157430543
NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 812
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.