[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rwg/ - RimWorld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 777
Thread images: 149

File: the horror that lurks.png (31KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
the horror that lurks.png
31KB, 512x512px
Alphabeaver edition.

http://rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: http://ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: http://pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed)
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Last colony Randy ruined: >>154518692
>>
1st for alphabe... oh, we finally got the best edition!
>>
>>154761428
REMOVE ALFABIVER
>>
Any suggestion on how I should handle this mess?
>>
>>154762397
don't set fire fighting to 1 by default

you don't want undrafted peons rushing into the middle of a firing line to put away molotov fires or to enter unforbidden death rooms
>>
>>154762698
Not really an issue - I usually draft almost everyone, and the undrafted ones are restricted by area to not leave the base.
>>
>>154762397
by assigning specialized and defined roles for everyone and only have them do that. there's no point in setting EVERYONE at 2 haul&clean. do you even know who your real haulers and cleaners are? do you know which peons and so busy that they will practically never do priority 3 or even 2 jobs?
your whole priority system is just a /rwg/ meme, first use normal priorities, either a colonist does something or they don't, only graduate to manual priorities when your manual input is actually superior to the game's (perfectly good) default priorities. you should also use allowed areas. a doctor could be set to clean on the highest priority but will only clean the hospital and then resume treatments because he isn't allowed to waste his time cleaning dirt on your corn farms.
>>
>>154762397
>firefight, patient, bed rest, flick, repair, clean
always 1

haul, grow, mine, plant cut
usually 1 or 2, lower on important skilled workers

>hunt
active on anyone who's not a huge faggot (brawler or incapable of violent)

>doctor, warden, handle, construct, art, smith, tailor, craft, research
active only on pawns with interest/passion, priority depending on skill
>>
>>154762397
>>154762397
turn off everything for everyone

turn patient and bed rest to 1 for everyone you like
turn doctor to 1 for decent doctors to make sure the wounded get treated
turn warden to 1 for your best social person, shouldn't need more than one warden

now, give people "2" in things that they're really good at, and "3" in things they can't fuck up. i.e. you don't want a shitty crafter doing any smithing or tailoring

make sure you have a couple people with priority 2 cook because by the look of it you'll need lots of meals.

you'll probably also want a couple of people just to clean and haul. surely some of them aren't good for anything else. clean/haul/dumb craft is a good setup. also make these people priority 1 firefighters, you have enough people to have 3-4 dumb laborers which should be enough to handle any fires without disturbing people who are actually good at things.

really only your very best crafters and constructors should make things--it matters.

give priority 4 to stuff you don't really want people doing unless there's literally nothing else--cleaning/hauling/dumb crafting for everyone, growing can be useful but is time consuming so you don't want it to be too high of a priority for most people, things like that.

oh, and put plant cut wherever I said dumb labor.

Waldo, Orlene, Robbins, Manuel look like good dumb laborers

never forget dumb laborers or else nothing will ever be where it's supposed to be

and get Salamander making bricks high priority to increase her crafting, double passion can be high skill in short order.
>>
too bad there's not a way to separate building walls/floors and building furniture
>>
>>154764089
>>154764143
prime example of meme priorities right there. instead of using your brain and considering the circumstances of the game and whatever colonists you happen to have at the moment following rules of thumb will only lead to unbalanced production, some shit will get done too much and some not at all, guaranteed.
>>
>>154764484
Captain obvious to the rescue. We're not giving specific advice, but a rough guideline how to generally set up priorities.
>>
>>154764053
>>154764089
>>154764143
Thank you, guys. Based on your input I'm doing some changes, I'll show the edited priorities soon.
>>
>>154764709
the fact that your mistake is obvious doesn't make it wrong to correct you, nor is being self aware of ones own mistake make you any less wrong for having made it.
>>
>>154764850
But there was no mistake in my post. You're just being autistic to the max.
>>
>>154764842
I'm glad I've never had to manage that many guys. seems like at a certain point it's just a cycle of need pawns to build and maintain a base big enough to contain lots of pawns. guess it comes in handy when enemies come knocking, but don't enemy numbers scale with colony numbers?
>>
>>154764957
you gave shit advice. this sort of abstract way of looking at the game is very common for autists, and autistics being autistic will naturally follow it and suffer. your general advice might not even necessarily be wrong but it will only work in large colonies due to margins of error canceling each other out due to law of large numbers. however colonies don't start big, they start small and you have to carefully plan roles for each peon based on how you initially rerolled them, and then try to integrate new peons without changing your current system too much, just expanding on it. also if i were autistic to the max i would've pointed out earlier that you lack the information to deduce that Salamander has double passion crafting.
>>
>>154764484
Actually as rough guidelines (as >>154764709 said) they are helping a lot. After I got the priorities by their suggestions, I'll let the colony run a bit and see if people get stuff done.

Some small changes I'll do compared with their suggestions:
* Two wardens, Trumpet and Manuel. Manuel has burning passion, Trumpet is good, Pew should be doing other stuff as bricks, and I do need two after tribal raids.
* I can use more builders due to the QualityBuilder mod - only Trigger builds.
* Repair is set up at least 4 for everyone, while raids are going on I like to micro repair.
* Since tailoring, weapon smithing and stuff like that's bills are configured to 10+ skill (except thrumbofur parkas - 15+), people who can fuck shit up won't be able to do so. So I can spare some flexibility on that.
>>
>>154765419
The enemies scale, but my defences are decent-ish and this is on Cassandra Rough (I'm trying to make a 60+ people colony, so I had to reduce the difficulty). And I got so many pirate raids at the beginning that almost everyone has either sniper rifles or charge rifles.
>>
>>154765574
i wasn't talking to you so shut your whore mouth. if you weren't incapable of hacking it at this shit game you wouldn't have ended up in this mess you dirty basebuilder.
>>
how the FUCK do you make an underground base?

I still seem to need being half outside for crops, building materiales like wood and panels/turbines for electricity

how do you fuckers do it?
>>
File: 1385442934472.png (34KB, 504x476px) Image search: [Google]
1385442934472.png
34KB, 504x476px
>>154765776
>>>/b/
>>
>>154765758
>60+
Not gonna happen in this game. The storyteller goes apeshit at 50 and things get laggy long before that.
>>
>>154765776
Wow wow. So aggro, it's cute.
>>
>>154765990
keep it down stacy the big boys are talking
>>
so a thread back I solicited scenario suggestions and the one I liked best was top secret glitterworld bioweapons research base. think I'm going ahead with these rules:
>3 well armed, good soldiers with random skills
>1 generalist grunt laborer
>1 doctor/researcher doing the experimenting
>require mountain base
>kill or capture and execute all spacer, pirate, escape pod, etc.
>only grow through "wanderer joins" but arrest and execute wanderer if not realistically sent by my glitterworld government to help
>downed tribals must be captured and kept alive to experiment on

thoughts? obvs. everyone is going to be a psychopath, otherwise morale would be crushed by constant executions etc.

>>154765810
sun lamps and hydroponics I guess
also you can find valleys within the mountains
remember all that blank space is unknown, not necessarily rock

there's also a mod that lets you put dirt on floors so you don't need hydroponics

>>154766115
no, you're just raging against a bunch of people who are looking at you like the homeless nut on the train.
>>
> people get sad when I harvest organs from pirates
What the fuck is this horse shit.
>>
>>154766454
probably just needed some penalty to keep constant organ farming from being a ridiculously easy way to make cash
>>
>>154765810
There isn't much that has to be outdoors. Basically only half of your electricity production: ship reactors (late game) and solar/wind power (early game).

You can roof your growing zones to protect them from threats like toxic fallout or use hydroponics for overhead mountain growing areas.
>>
>>154766305
anon this must be the first time in my career as a poster that someone got this mad when i wasn't baiting or even talking to them directly. i suggest you take a good look at yourself because being this volatile not only makes you vulnerable to smart people who want to fuck with you it will also sabotage your relationships in general.
>>
>that one guy on autism overdrive
Sometimes it feels like there are people who spend all day probing /vg/ for random generals that are easy to troll.
>>
>>154766781
>so mad he doesn't want to quote my post
meta posts like yours are the epitome of autism because you want to pretend to not care but lack the maturity to just let shit go like a normal person
>>
>>154766547
glad you said this
never realized ship reactors could be used to power base

why do they have to be outdoors? restriction on where ship parts can be placed?
>>
>>154766991
Yeah, you can only build ships outdoors. And the reactors are too big to roof them over later.
>>
Is this better?

>>154766781
Ah, he's just a pyro convent child sheriff. Let him in the thread, the doctors might use him as training dummy.
>>
>>154767079
Again: tasks where people can fuck shit up (as smithing and tailoring) are already set up to require 10+ skill. So people with low skill but burning passion should only craft bricks.
>>
>>154767079
real sad how you shit on the only person trying to give you good advice and leading you towards the path of good base building. i think i'm going to cry myself to sleep like i always do
>>
>>154767308
I can't track who posted what in this thread, so if you're the same as >>154764143, again: thank you.
Still, I'm only mocking your overly aggressive tone in >>154765776 and >>154766115.
>>
>>154767582
your so called mocking is just thinly veiled butthurt, i don't feel bad that you call me names i feel bad that you don't follow good advice
>>
>>154767079
Keep in mind that the manual priority system retains the priority order from the automatic system.

For example, Chedoc could have the priorities at
11111211211122 instead of 11122422422244 the effective task priority would be exactly the same.
>>
>>154767079
I'd avoid letting anyone but Emily smith or tailor anything you want for your colonists, but dumb-crafting with the passionate ones (or mass-producing shitty goods for sale and experience) is a good idea.

with regard to construction and medicine, when you're scheduling surgery or making important shit like hospital beds, don't forget to manually prioritize to make sure the gold guys get the job.

>>154767707
also this. it was a miraculous revelation when someone told me this for the fist time.
>>
>>154767707
>11111211211122 instead of 11122422422244
keep your 14 character strings separated by hyphens you fucking animal
should be >1111-1211-2111-22 instead of 1112-2422-4222-44
did teamviewer teach you anything you mongol?
>>
anyone know if "crafting" covers artillery shells (vs. smithing)? obviously skill doesn't matter for them, plus they're more useful to have around than piles of brick at a certain point.
>>
>>154768109
yes it does, however don't make the mistake of spreading out your crafting jobs between too many peons if you can help it, not unless you started with sparkles.
>>
>>154768318
they're flames bro
>>
>>154768479
thanks man it's been a while since someone called me bro feels kinda good
>>
File: 20160825150607_1.jpg (271KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160825150607_1.jpg
271KB, 1440x900px
god damn I hate being on GMT
by the time boards speed up I'm asleep

here's a picture from one of my favorite playthroughs
>>
>>154767853
For building: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25188.0
This mod is a godsend, only Trigger does anything with quality.

For doctors, I'll still micro like you said.

>>154767692
Then don't - I'm following your advice as well as the others'. I'm just trying to consider everything.
(See how the dedicated haulers ended the ones you mentioned.)

Regarding Emily: fair point, but I'll do that by messing with the bills instead (otherwise the bitch ends doing components while people do nothing)

>>154767707
I'm aware, but this way (1 for urgent, 2 for usual, 4 for only when inactive) is easier to visualize for me.
>>
>>154767853
>also this. it was a miraculous revelation when someone told me this for the fist time.
Yeah. That's why I always have cleaning at 1 on everyone, it's basically last on the list. If there's nothing to do on the list before it, it definitely should be done before checking for lower priority jobs.

And I still end up micromanaging pawns to clean areas, especially hospital floors right after battles.
>>
>>154768996
>And I still end up micromanaging pawns to clean areas, especially hospital floors right after battles.
Yeah, I wish more about mechanics was available on the wiki. someone on here said cleanliness of floors (as well as sterile tile) helps prevent illness from spreading and infection from occurring.
>>
>>154769178
Cleanliness inversely affects infection chance, so you don't want it to get high into negatives. Sterile tiles raise the max cleanliness to 0.6 from 0.

You don't need wiki for this stuff, just pay attention to the in-game tooltips.
>>
>>154768996
cleaning should well be last on the list because stuff always get dirty and at high priority it interrupts everything else the peon might be doing and makes them walk back from mining dat iron to clean some shit back at base. get dedicated cleaners for restricted important areas. cook should have cleaning priority before cooking so they always clean the kitchen before potentially making food poisoning meals BUT restrict them to the kitchen and certain utility rooms so they don't clean the whole base all day long and never cook the food

goddamn amateurs i can only imagine the walking/hauling times your guys must be going through every day.
>>
>>154766305
Sounds p good, keep us updated. Make sure you kill all traders, only trade through comms.

Also maybe "recruit" some of the captured tribals and set specific zone restrictions so they can be slaves doing menial labour (farming, mining, etc, make them eat nutrient paste while colonists get fine meals). Get a drug production system going and keep them hooked up on wake-up and yayo. But them on a Brutal work schedule, execute when they go berzerk or collapse.
>>
>>154768832

looks comfy but where are your crops
>>
do trees ever respawn on their own?
>>
>>154769582
too busy planting chêne for his générateur de carburant
>>
Is there even any point to a large colony? I mean other than curiosity.
>>
File: 20160825182831_1.jpg (233KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160825182831_1.jpg
233KB, 1440x900px
>>154769505
both good suggestions, will do. maybe like 4 hours of sleep, no joy time for slaves.

>>154769582
the valley to the right was sheltered and I grew crops there during spring/summer and froze enough to last all winter.

though I usually ended up having to hunt a little before growing season came back.

wish I could play that map again with the experience I've gained since. it was my first win.
>>
>>154769430
If you have everyone doing cleaning on a reasonable priority, your home zone is always 100% clean and the pawn closest to dirt always takes the job when cleaning is needed. This way cleaning takes minimal manhours and the place remains clean for maximum impressiveness and beauty buffs.

Contrast that with dedicated janitors who have to spend most of their working time running around from dirt to another. You're losing worktime and good thoughts. Terrible idea. You can't even clean anything before you have surplus unskilled workers.
>>
>>154769952
figures you have no idea how dirt forms otherwise you'd realize how retarded your idea is and how prone it makes your colonists to the very same think you're criticizing my superior cleaning plan for. by all means try it and see how it fucks your work efficiency or maybe you just don't care about your colonists constantly walking on their way to and from cleaning trivial dirts because they just can't help their compulsion.
>>
>>154769919
>>154768832
the one sad thing about that game is the dog. he was the starting companion for my rich adventurer but lost two legs. I kept him well-fed in his master's cabin where they lived for the rest of the game, but we couldn't take him offworld with us.

headcanon is the husky pack that joined us still brings him food because otherwise I'd be too sad.
>>
Now it's running really smoothly. Shit's getting done, Trigger doesn't stop building, Emily doesn't stop smithing my sniper rifles... sometimes haulers get lazy, then I just order something low-priority to haul [like more stones] and they get busy again.

Again, thank you guys.
>>
Can i keep human meet segregated from non-canibals?
>>
A13 fag here, after one colonist's arm got shot off i replaced it with a bionic one (EPOE), and it resulted in a biologic arm. Does the game keep the injuries of bodyparts, so that arm is actually just a shoulder and doesn't replace the shot off arm of the next guy i attach it to? Or is it a basically free new arm?
>>
>>154771621
you got it. my only demand is that you share the artwork if you get an excellent gun. shit's always good for a laugh.
>>
File: ComfyCanyon.jpg (160KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ComfyCanyon.jpg
160KB, 1366x768px
recent shot of Comfy Canyon
>>
>>154772650
This is literally my aesthetic aim for my colony. Good job lad
>>
>>154772756
thank you, sir. the canyon is mostly roofed over. I was getting bored with boxy, generic looking colonies and tried to make something more appealing to the eye as well as functional.
>>
>>154773038
Yeah. I tried to randomize many colonies to have a nice spot for a canyon colony but it always sucks
>>
>>154773284
I really lucked out. I've got maybe 3 or 4 tiles of overhead mountain in the whole colony. If you look carefully I think you can see the insect jelly from the first infestation by the fermenting barrels.
>>
Post your colonies, guys!
>>
>>154772650
Comfy. Would join.

>Anon, Shitposter has joined the colony
>incapable of: EVERYTHING
p-pls don't turn me into doctor training guineapig ;__;
>>
>>154774319
thanks!

any tips on making it more comfy? I was trying to keep it economical to eventually build a ship, i've already bought the AI core and have a few techs researched.
>>
Is there a way to cause cave-in, doors, or fire IEDs to trap fleeing raiders so I can capture them?
>>
File: 1473273806226.jpg (82KB, 555x526px) Image search: [Google]
1473273806226.jpg
82KB, 555x526px
>>154772650
Os that exposed power conduits that I see?
>>
>>154779360
> Is
Fix'd.
>>
>>154777379
Build a maze in front of your base, before your killbox. In order to enter or exit your base they'll have to use the maze, but you could just use doors to leave your base and catch the fleeing raiders at the exit.
>>
>>154779360
>>154779497
>Are those
Fix'd for realz.
>>
>>154779789
it's these you filthy fucking animal go wash up you dirty pig dog
>>
>>154780008
esl pls go
>>
>>154780149
i've been here from communism to beavers, there is no getting rid of me
>>
Had a few raiders dig a backdoor entrance and they burned my crops and killed a few useless colonists. Mood is through the ground as all they can eat is human meat which won't last through the winter. Why are sappers allowed, they are so damn fast.
>>
>>154780598
>sappers
This is artificial difficulty at its finest. Nothing can be fucking done about this.
>>
>>154780598
>Raid!
>They are unusually clever in their tactics
>It's one dude wearing a breastplate and nothing else with a club hopped up on go-juice
sometimes, the shit this game's raid system throws at people is just funny, sometimes its just plain bullshit. I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>154779360
power conduits are all on stone tile or rough stone, and none inside any buidings. all stone walls. fires have not been a problem. I always assume that a power conduit will go at any time.
>>
>>154780819
if you always assume a power conduit will go at any time you wouldn't build them out in the open like the retard that you truly are
>>
>>154780757

Well I don't like it, I am going to the data directory and delete these fucker from the game. Period. Half my town are in a daze starving and hypothermia because of these bullshit.
>>
>>154780961
why the fuck wouldn't I? there is nowhere in my base that a fire can get out of control. the farm fields? who gives a fuck.
>>
>>154781386
because they can randomly explode and potentially kill or maim your colonists you dumb piece of shit do you even know how fucked up fire damage is how dare you even talk back to your lord
>>
>>154781545
Count his batteries real carefully.
>>
>>154781637
i know you americans are stupid but do you really think wires can't explode without batteries you dumb frog
>>
>>154781545
post your colony
>>
>>154781758
is your name Ken M by chance
>>
>>154781801
my peony is too good for your virgin eyes
>>
>>154782309
stop using my word incorrectly
>>
>>154781841
my name is anonymous you blind cow i have no other name online

>>154782425
shut the fuck up i have rescued this meme from the depth of hell and i will stop at nothing until everyone uses it. if it was really your memechild you'd have forced it better you goddamn abusive savage
>>
How do I into killzones? I've made 5-6 colonies past the start-up stage but they all die once I start getting raided by 10-20 raiders.
>>
File: c0b.jpg (36KB, 680x962px) Image search: [Google]
c0b.jpg
36KB, 680x962px
>>154780806
>9 raiders droppodding in and about to build mortars
>send Adam Jensen with a sniperrifle, picking off three guys easily before they rush attack
>they're pretty much cannon fodder for my two turrets and three guys with rifles

two days later

>THIRTY fucking tribals attack
>at least 20 have bows, mostly longbows
>they destroy my four turrets and headshot one of my colonists (now an almost braindead vegetable) before they book it

If there's one thing i didn't expect to be afraid of in this game, then it was a horde of savages with bows.
>>
File: killzone.png (216KB, 385x695px) Image search: [Google]
killzone.png
216KB, 385x695px
>>154783224
like so.
you can do other fancy shit like bomb traps, a wider corridor for more fall traps, turrets in the walls, etc. but I find this setup is ok.
It helps to have a few dudes at the start of it aiming downrange, makes things super easy.
>>
If you're in the middle of a mountain, how do you use coolers? Do they just dump to 1-tile dummy rooms? Or does the game model thermodynamics and carnot efficiency at all?
>>
>>154783983
You tunnel the heat outside, like an exhaust pipe. Though most people just make "maintenance tunnels" that distribute the heat to the base for free heating during winter.
>>
>>154783983
just use vents
>>
>>154783983
>Or does the game model thermodynamics and carnot efficiency
modeling gas in any way, are you fucking me?

rimworld doesn't model shit
the temperature system is a joke

all it does model is a per-room temperature number and a very crude convection model for temperature loss through roofs and surrounding tiles
>>
any OTHER good mods you would recommend outside of the pastebin?
>>
>>154784884

go to 4chan.org/vg/archive

Search for old rimworld thread
Ctrl + F to find ludeon
navigate to find mods you like
>>
>>154784636
>modeling gas in any way, are you fucking me?
You don't have to model gas to model carnot's theorem, it's a simple equation.

eff = 1-(tc/th)
where tc is the cold temp and th is the hot temp

even just scaling the heating/cooling of the coolers to carnot's theorem would go a long way.

So if a cooler can pump 5C/hour out of a room when they're equal, it might only be able to pump 4C/hour when the cold room is at 0C and the hot room is at 68C.

which admittedly is not a really big difference in the scale of the game, but still, it's how you stop people from putting 10 coolers dumping all their heat into a tiny room.
>>
>Winter
This is artificial difficulty at its finest. Nothing can be fucking done about this.
>>
>>154785696
career ice sheet player here
git gud
>>
>>154784636
also the fire system is fucking atrocious

things on fire simply creates a small amount of 2000 degrees celsius heat that is divided by the room size
they create heat for each hit point they have until the hp is depleted or the fire object is removed by colonist or rain

so you get 2000 degree fires from burning wood as long as you have enough of it

also burning a stack of items does exactly the same as burning 1 of the same item

everything has flammability (100% 20% or 0% for almost everything) that only sets the autoignition temperature
>>
>alphabeavers
>>
Does the floor type (carpet, tile etc.) affect how quickly the floor gets dirtied? I'm noticing that areas paved with carpet seem to get much more dirt on them, but that might be because dirt piles are much more obvious on cream carpets than on sandstone tiles.
>>
>Manhunter pack
>20-30 boomrats
>Solar Flare

t-thanks
>>
>>154786927
Nope. Sterile tiles have +0.6 to current and max cleanliness but that's it.
>>
>>154786953
just go inside and lock the doors, flam.
>>
>>154785837
My whole life 4chan told me jet fuel can't melt steel beams,then the other day my solid steel walls lit on fire...my whole world is upside down...
>>
>>154791674
it wasn't jet fuel, anon.
those planes were full of wood which, apparently, burns at 2000 degrees.

rimworld confirms, jews did 9/11
>>
I got a volcanic winter

should i panic?
>>
>>154791804
Holy fuck,I think it actually happened on the 11th too,might be wrong but still. Wtf I hate jews now
>>
>volcanic winter + cold snap

okay.
>>
Added a few mods that seem to change granite wall that needs woods, turns animal bed into free wood and wooden walls niw cost 25 wood to build. That is bullshit.
>>
File: zero.jpg (318KB, 1257x907px) Image search: [Google]
zero.jpg
318KB, 1257x907px
Holy shit this is scary

Temps dropped 50F in one night all the trees are dying

im scrambling to seal up my settlement and make a fuckton of heaters

heeeeeeeeeelp
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1360x766px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1360x766px
So when does this get harder? I almost have all the ship tech and the worst i've seen is 5-6 man raider groups.

On randy challenge
>>
>>154793415
that sounds more like randy basebuilder

you could enable dev mode and spawn a 5k point raid, that's roughly what you should be getting by the time you have ship research almost done
>>
>>154793327
>didn't tame a bunch of alpacas and make clothing out of their fuzz
F
>>
>>154794532
i mean i have 3, but i only tamed them a season ago and only have enough wool for 3 dusters/jackets atm

also holy shit it takes a long time to make one of them
>>
>>154794668
Tribalwear is good for low temperatures and only requires 40 wool each.
>>
File: help.jpg (504KB, 1605x1141px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
504KB, 1605x1141px
its the fucking apocalypse out here damn
>>
>hunter takes an entire day to shoot a turkey
Defend this.
>>
>>154794829

I bet you are the fag that has 100 plys generators. Enjoy your no power.
>>
so why the heck is there no clutter mod for A15

or the mods with constructable storage that lets you make things more compact and tidy
>>
File: rip.png (418KB, 900x694px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
418KB, 900x694px
all the turtles are dead or dying :(
they wont spoil at least
>>
>>154797890
>turtles
>picture clearly shows a tortoise
>>
>>154797346
because A15 is new
>>
>>154797890
>Pain: None
hey, don't feel so bad for him.
>>
File: 1469303312110.png (269KB, 401x317px) Image search: [Google]
1469303312110.png
269KB, 401x317px
>>154798784
every time
>>
File: planetclassmaster.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
planetclassmaster.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Planet class master constructor
>>
>>154795386
I'm that fag from a bunch of threads back who did that. I use pure solar, geothermal, and wind plus batteries now.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
w-when does a animal population go from "woah, that's alot" to "this has clearly gotten out of hand"?
>>
When you have 100 cassowaries, 6 elephants, 3 polar bears, and 20 alpacas crammed into a 10x10 barn and you're having to unload animals to traders to prevent animal starvation.
>>
>>154801149
>>154801615
>>
>>154801149

What's the mod that shows all those items on the top left look nice and compact instead of the ugly vanilla.
>>
>>154801149
what are muffalos good for?
>>
army of muffalo
>>
>tfw you wanna build a dog army like you did in DF but dogs are weak as shit in this game

>>154802242
milk, wool, and snuggles
>>
>>154802241

>mod

lol
>>
Is it a good idea to kill all predators on the map as soon as I drop in? Or are there ecological consequences like in real life
>>
>>154772650
>>154771621
is it some mod that lets you have loadsa colonists? or do I just need to gitgud?

>>154785696
getgud at planning for the winter, fag.
>>
>>154785696
No, events like warg herd are artificial difficulty. Anything else is doable.
>>
why the fuck do colonists take malari-block if they don't have malaria and there's no malaria case active. also why is it a drug and not just another medicine?
>>
>>154805962
medicine = drugs
>>
>>154806604
you know what I fucking meant
>>
>>154803832

You are the you predator now, also migjt ad well kill everything before they moven on.
>>
>>154802241
No mod
One of the buttons on the bottom right does that
>>
>>154808934

Thanks.
>>
how do I update my 15b install to a 15c version?
>>
>>154783479
why is every single killbox in the entire thread so fucking awful it's like a meme at this point
>>
>>154809837

The only good one I have seen is that anon with the super long hallway of death.

Also is there any mod that decreases the sun lambs and lambs ridiculous watt consumption? Its the freaking 5000AD, I swear.
>>
>>154809830
delete what is inside your rimworld folder
copy-paste the a15c stuff in
>>
File: 1423012176221.png (220KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1423012176221.png
220KB, 1920x1200px
>>154795038
>hunter takes an entire day to shoot a turkey besides having like fucking 14 of shooting
Fucking re...
>check out her health tab and notice she's a fucking old lady with double cataract

S-should have closed my door when she was being pursued by those tribals
>>
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
are there any herbivore attack animals? cause I have killed everything on the map and these huskies and timber wolves have fucking drained me dry.
>>
>>154812841
>2 male wooly bullies

wew lad, that aint how you livestock

Also, just LARP like a Korean and eat the damned dogs.
>>
>>154812841
Have you been feeding them the fallen corpses of your enemies? If not, go piss of the tribals for a never ending supply. Butcher some of them and feed them to each other in the mean time. Otherwise, Muffalos will do in a pinch and Rhinos/Elephants are tanky enough as combat animals.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
getting rid of the huskies because they're weaker and inferior to wolves.
>>
>>154813372
dropping dozens of animals off a tower to make splatter-art never bothered me in dwarf fortress, but somehow this really triggered me.

Probably because of how cute the sprite is for the huskies.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Also why the fuck are my colonists retarded and eat raw food when there are meals avilable.

there's been so many fucking cases of food poisoning, this is rediculous.
>>
>>154813592
I hope a pod crash lands on top of your wooden housing and burns it to the ground anon.
>>
>>154812519
It's awful that you can't see their stats before deciding.
>>
>>154813854
it's under a mountain so bugs'll get to em first.
>>
There a cloth reclaim mod working with A15?
>>
Things I want to be mods but not be in the vanilla game
>more skills, making the skills right now as baseline skills, which each have their own subset of specialized skills
>raids where the enemy just starts with an overwhelming force, builds their own mini base on the map, and guards it to the fucking teeth
>therapy to get rid of bad traits like chemical fascination, abrasiveness, pessimism
>DF style combat
>A lot more DF style elements such as the vast amount of crafting available, ability to rank up past 20 to 25 but very slowly, strange moods, difficult "bosses" that require several people to take down HFS, fuck ton more slots for traits, mood bonus for doing good work
>adventure mode, with the ability to hop planets and shit.
>>
>>154815524
More jobs available at crafting stations.

I want to be able to reclaim parts without mods fuck you
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
I never actually built a prison so i'm using my entire hospital as a prison cell for this girl's rehab

psychite. not even once.
>>
Is the best place to play cowboy spess western in regular desert or extreme desert? or even arid shrubland?
>>
I really hope they add some depth to peacetime, or add a vertical axis

Right now "endgame" is nothing more than whether the enemy attack has met their critical threshold to get past the killzone
>>
File: challenge.png (10KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
challenge.png
10KB, 128x128px
Man, i sure do love the difficulty that solar flares add. Nothing gets me tensed up more, is there any event more fun?
>>
>>154817376
Nothing can be fucking done about this.
>>
ability to doctor thyself when

I want to do a true one man out in the tundra that's wanted by every single faction in the galaxy but somehow manages to fend them off from his steel log cabin on an ice sheet.
>>
How close are we to multiplayer aspects?
I'm thinking:
>scouting parties to visit/attack others
>Two players controlling colonies on one map
>>
>>154817902
>Multiplayer in a colony building game
fuck off
>>
>>154817886
>steel
>in ice sheet
get frostbite son
>>
>>154819410
and waste my precious wood on mere structure? enjoy wasting your most precious valuable on aesthetic.
>>
File: RWMP-roadmap.png (174KB, 364x267px) Image search: [Google]
RWMP-roadmap.png
174KB, 364x267px
>>154817902
We're about this close, anon.
>>
>>154817902
a different client for multiplayer would be nice
someone uploads their save with the information about which mods are used in it
it reads what mods you are currently using in your game
you launch the multiplayer client, browse for which save you want to raid and attack it with your current colony
it could create a new map with their base and colonists and your raiding force with the mods you are using and the mods they are using
it doesnt even have to let you bring in items from successful raids to your current games ( because it might break your save ) just lets you assault a colony that someone submitted
it would also have to let the people who submit say how the colonists react to different raids ( sort of like how the misc mods let you save drafted colonist spots to a hotkey )
you could be allowed to select how to raid ( no siege to not starve defending colonists due to silly AI )
>>
>>154816030
Is she going into constant mental rages?

Nice setup by the way.
>>
>>154815524
There needs to be another use for the art skill aside from making sculptures.
>>
>>154817717
Except it kind of doesn't make sense.

"The table shows that, based on 11.760 flaring events with valid timings, a B-class flare lasts about 10 minutes, a C-class flare 14 minutes, an M-class flare has a duration of about 19 minutes, and X-class flares usually last about 24 minutes."

Either the planet we're on has a sun that's so incredibly volatile that it can incinerate life or it's massive to last for several hours.

You can fix solar flares simply by making solar flare shielding - we're talking about a roof constructed out of something with enough density to absorb most of it. It won't invalidate the impact of solar flares (solar panels and wind turbines will be knocked out) but it'll offer at least some way of dealing with the situation (which is what this entire game is about damnit).
>>
>>154819802
It would be nice if the art skill is factored in when performing construction, crafting or tailoring - so you vastly increase the possibility you make some stupidly good engraved shirt/bed/ratskin cap that sells for loads.
>>
>>154812841

BOARS
>>
>>154819636
i will waste my fucking life for aesthetics you uncultured swine son of a thousand plebs
>>
>keep outside doors locked to keep pups from getting mauled by panthers
>Mad animal
>colonist somehow teleports outside and gets mauled by a boomalope
cool
>>
>>154793415
You've never had sappers on that defense setup?
>>
>water isn't a resource that you need
>you can't watercool your cave
>you can't play fremen simulator
>>
>>154820995
industrialisation adds water as a resource, dont know how much effort the guy put into it though
>>
>>154820995
Fremen would have to unlearn their education provided by the public services
And somehow payback their mother's health during their pregnancy as improved by public services
>>
>>154821224
>doesn't get the reference

I thought summer was over?
>>
File: RimWorld_2016-09-15_21-12-38.jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RimWorld_2016-09-15_21-12-38.jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
>celebrating dead colonist rival and feeling bad about it at the same time
Bravo
>>
>>154821749
gordon freman?
>>
>>154822059
>man it feels bad that one of our own got killed... meh, he was a cunt anyway
>>
>>154822146
>woooo my rival died! oh, for some reason I feel bad though...
Stop defending this.
>>
>>154822245
there's such a thing humans experience called mixed or conflicted feelings

you can feel good about someone you dislike getting waxed but still feel bad about the implications for the settlement or that a guy died in general
>>
>medieval mode
>grizzle bear self tamed
>visitors
>bear eats one of them
>another one goes berserk and attacks my bear
>3rd person of the visitor group decides to defend bear and attacks berserk guy
>>
File: 1339650070440.png (296KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
1339650070440.png
296KB, 640x423px
>sweatshop slave just about to recover from sleeping sickness
>a colonist caught the sleeping sickness!
>a colonist caught the sleeping sickness!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (417KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
417KB, 1920x1040px
>>154822610
there has been a development
now its a 3v2 fight
>>
>>154802241
people like you are too stupid to live

kys
>>
File: Untitled4.jpg (201KB, 1115x745px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled4.jpg
201KB, 1115x745px
its negative 25 degrees fahrenheit because of this cold snap + krakatoa winter

even the alpacas are dying of hypothermia

my two sealed in geothermal generator are struggling to heat the whole compound to above freezing level

im so scared
>>
What's the point of sending your colonists to space?
>>
>>154824693
bonfires if you have wood
>>
>>154825094
just a win condition

if im already getting pawns married and fighting off legions of raiders and watching a bigscreen TV while getting high on space weed i might as well say i'm *living* here rather than just crashlanded temporarily
>>
Will dead trees deteriorate like logs of wood exposed to the elements...
>>
>bugs spawn in my dining room that I hadn't lit yet

UGh
>>
>make eye and ear patches
>replace eyes and ears on captures pirates
>they get 0% sight 0% hearing
>I get their ears and eyeballs
>sell parts for mad dosh
>release the captives
>no mood debuff
>they come backin later raids but can't shoot for shit

win win win
>>
>>154826069
And people wonder why mods are literally cheating.
>>
File: suspicious navis.png (60KB, 161x164px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious navis.png
60KB, 161x164px
>>154799475
>poukram

is that a vanilla name?
>>
>>154826485
>hurr durr ur cheetin un a 1 playur game
>>
>>154826893
>boasting about cheating publicly on the internet
lose lose lose
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (89KB, 951x759px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
89KB, 951x759px
time to tame a few extra bears
>>
>>154826893
He has a point, though, it's obviously an exploit. You might as well spawn all the silver you want via devmode.
>>
File: neckoff.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
neckoff.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>
The most terrifying thing about volcanic winter is that my playthrough may well look like a fucking wasteland for a year or more

i had a timberwolf try to eat one of my colonists out of starvation
>>
>>154827615
>toxic fallout kills all the wildlife
>the first animals to repopulate after are predators

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Awkward.jpg (85KB, 555x518px) Image search: [Google]
Awkward.jpg
85KB, 555x518px
>One visitor picks a fight with one of my colonists while another visitor chats with another colonist right next to them

yeah ok then
>>
>>154821749
I don't get it either. Maybe I'm too old.
>>
>>154827012
Is this a mod?
>>
>>154827012
>unless your indoors
for fucks sake
>>
>>154828918
its a fucking Dune reference you sperg
>>
>>154829807
its this 1
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21884.0

>>154830240
its cold protection from the medieval mod, dont expect much from the info text
>>
>tfw a lightning storm on the 3rd day wipes out most of the trees on the map and you've barely built your camp up yet
>tfw frequent forest fires and lightning strikes ruin your crops
>tfw the frequent fires kill loadsa wildlife
>tfw hunting the rest of the wildlife down
>tfw the winter gets down to -20
>those few brave souls who venture out to find food
>tfw didn't get any wooly animals so no wool parkas, just leather ones
>tfw people venture out into the snow and come back missing fingers
>tfw my doctorfu is too busy nailing her husband to care

Also, colonist pregnancy when?
>>
File: god.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>154834242

>3rd day
>barely built camp
>>
>>154834506
not to my autistic desire, at least.
>>
>>154834242
>colonist pregnancy
>doctor gets pregnant
>last season of pregnancy
>can barely move
>too slow to reach and operate on colonists before they get an infection
>finally gives birth
>its a useless little shit
>>
>>1548349
>not eating the baby
>>
How do you get started on ice sheets? Standard vanilla Crashlanded scenario, no rerolling, no cheats, no savescumming.

Building a warm base is easy, but I run out of food before I can harvest my first hydroponics crop, even though I eat nutrient raider paste and hunt all the initial animals that appear on the map.
>>
>>154835636
>crashlanded
Eat 2 survivors.
>>
>>154834938

Anon is born.
>>
File: 1.png (2MB, 1804x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2MB, 1804x1026px
>>
Soooooooo, decided to try something out. Got a colonist, outfitted him with scyther blades, bionic legs and a painstopper. Whenever a raid comes, I pump him full of go juice and unleash him on the sorry bastards. He's got 170 fucking percent movement speed. He literally just runs through a group of pirates and dices the dude, who thought he could just sit in the back with a rocket launcher, before they've managed to fire a fucking shot. And then he can run out of their range before they can hit him.

In the last 5 raids I haven't had a single pirate escape my site solely because of that drugged up killing machine. He just runs them down and oneshots them. I think I may have actually managed to make an eversor assassin.
>>
File: 2.png (3MB, 1804x1026px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
3MB, 1804x1026px
>>154838374
>>
>>154826069
I do this in vanilla, I just remove arms and replace legs.
>>
File: 3.png (2MB, 1804x1026px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
2MB, 1804x1026px
>>154838513
>>
File: 4.png (3MB, 1804x1026px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
3MB, 1804x1026px
>>154838653
>>
File: 5.png (3MB, 1804x1026px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
3MB, 1804x1026px
>>154838815
>>
File: 6.png (3MB, 1804x1026px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
3MB, 1804x1026px
>>154838950
>>
File: 7.png (3MB, 1804x1026px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
3MB, 1804x1026px
>>154839089
>>
>>154839223
we didnt run out of fine meals that day.. smokeleaf prescribed for the pain beer a day prescribed for the negative nancies fuck alcohol smokin dat kush slappin da bass mon
>>
>>154838462
im saving money for the legs right now, too many have escaped, my original 3 family has lost fingers permanent eye injuries but they are all alive, i haven't had a single berserk no save-scumming and it was all possible thanks to that crafting spot rolling joints of the sweet leaf
>>
File: 20160915191517_1.jpg (415KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160915191517_1.jpg
415KB, 1804x1014px
I have always troubles getting to the end of winter with my potatoes fields. Should i switch to mais?
>>
File: _20160915_141750.jpg (119KB, 622x449px) Image search: [Google]
_20160915_141750.jpg
119KB, 622x449px
Fucking hell, any way to fix this?
>>
My best builder has now 0,23 of speed.
>>
File: wellfuck.jpg (615KB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wellfuck.jpg
615KB, 3840x1080px
>>
>>154847079

well i fucked that up but it's reasonably accurate
>>
>>154842070
>tree farms instead of corn
you should always have trouble with food generators
>>
Fucking raider stopped to set my tree farm on fire while escaping.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (689KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
689KB, 1920x1040px
>not living the medieval life
you all missing out
>>
>>154849695
I prefer guns
>>
File: 20160915211758_1.jpg (406KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160915211758_1.jpg
406KB, 1804x1014px
>>
>>154851928
>the zoo failed to tank
>>
>>154820680

Only a couple times (you can see granite wall near the bottom where they tried to mine). I always just send a group behind them to split them up.
>>
>finish taking all the organs i can from a prisoner
>remove his heart because i have a couple of colonists with bad hearts
>mass negative mood buffs for everyone
>party
>>
>>154855467
I'll say this, drugs have made organ harvesting much more viable in vanilla.

Yeah, if you drink away the memories you can deal with the fact that you are a community of organ-looters.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (403KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
403KB, 1920x1040px
>>154855749
the party was cancelled because 1 guy went into a rage
this led into about 5 more ( up to now ) berserk rages and the rest of this week is not looking good
so far the damages are 1 toe, 1 ear and 1 pig leg, good thing i remembered to install epoe just before i harvested the heart so i can give this guy a new ear
>>
>>154822059
Shit, someone doesn't even need to be your rival to feel mixaed emotions. My uncle died and it sucked because what I knew of him was that he was a really nice person, really talented and clever, but I had mixed feelings because he was also an alcoholic and intermittent heroin addict.
>>
>>154817376
>>154817717
>>154819954
Well for now, we've got that one mod for a solar flare shield, though it's more a mid-game thing considering how it eats through your power stores like popcorn when activated.
>>
is there a different hunger stat for every colonist or do they all eat 2 meals per day?
>>
>>154858680
2? Should only be one.
>>
Loving this game so far but damn people are exaggerating how hard it is
>>
File: 20160821095546_1.jpg (239KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160821095546_1.jpg
239KB, 1440x900px
>>154812841
yes boars is the answer
>>
>>154813592
it's because your kitchen is dirty bro
they aren't eating raw food, they're eating contaminated cooked food
>>
>>154859565
Did anyone here ever claim it's anything but very casual?
>>
>>154859842

Yes, constantly
>>
>>154859565
you can adjust difficulty anon
>>
>>154859670
>pigs eat everything, can literally feed them rotten shit and they'll do okay
>super smart
>boars can be very dangerous
why did people domesticate war dogs instead of war pigs?

why doesn't the US army train attack hams to beat ISIS?
>>
>>154859931
All I've noticed and done is ridiculing faggots who make the already trivial game even easier with stupid low-quality mods and such.
>>
>>154860071
this is an excellent question
I think the problem is that they don't retain their effectiveness after being dropped from planes.
>>
>>154860026

Yeah I figured challenge would be hard enough but I'll try extreme. Does A15 make any difficulty changes?
>>
>>154860430
not that I noticed.
remember if it's randy, you could just be getting random good luck streaks.
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-15+at+04.08.49).jpg (186KB, 1276x676px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-15+at+04.08.49).jpg
186KB, 1276x676px
>>
>>154861073
>>
>>154861297

Terrible. Your turrets will fire on each other.
>>
>>154861073
sacrificing turrets and giving cover to raiders
0/10
>>
>>154860758

Yeah i'm on randy and barely anything has happened for almost a year. I almost want to get wiped at this point.
>>
>>154859565
There are a couple of events that are fucking ridiculous. Manhunter packs should be take out of the game literally can cause impossible to survive situations.
>>
>>154860430
A15 feels more difficult but I might just be getting bad rng.
>>
File: vtmb_git_gud.jpg (202KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
vtmb_git_gud.jpg
202KB, 1680x1050px
>>154861673
>implying manhunter packs pose any challenge
G I T G U D
IT

G
U
D
>>
File: fbhsd.jpg (191KB, 1358x628px) Image search: [Google]
fbhsd.jpg
191KB, 1358x628px
>>154861073
>>154861297

Better.
>>
>>154861632
play on cassandra extreme, its predictable but you know she'll throw some stuff at you
randy is really random, almost all events have the same weight for him so he can give you very long breaks
>>
File: 20160915232746_1.jpg (354KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160915232746_1.jpg
354KB, 1804x1014px
>>
File: oh_hi_mark.jpg (143KB, 1026x615px) Image search: [Google]
oh_hi_mark.jpg
143KB, 1026x615px
How about now
>>
>>154861297

Wow, every day I see worse and worse killboxes, it literally became a meme at this point. I hope it is just one guy doing all this shitty killboxes.

Also is there any way to clear the ice sheets? Was hoping I could plant on the soil. Also, was so close on slaughtering my bear for food than god I had tribal raid before the knife hit the throat. Randy will fuck you up in ice sheets if you can't have raids from time to time.
>>
>>154863308

You are absolutely terrible at this.
>>
>>154863502

Put some floors on top of it and grow your stuff on hydroponics like a sane person.
>>
>>154863546
>hey, don't be so harsh on h--wait, did he make a delay hallway with traps on it, then put a hole that lets people get around it?
>>
File: Winteriscumming.png (1019KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Winteriscumming.png
1019KB, 1366x768px
I would have thought the geothermal would increase my temperature significantly.
>>
>>154863740

They can pass between the diagonal walls?
>>
>>154863961
oh never mind I'm retarded I'm still thinking in DF mode.
>>
>>154860071
Boars are too smart to work for you.
>>
>>154863308
what is the point of the turret on the outside ? what about the one looking at the trap hallway ?
is this your only way out of your base ? if yes why are you setting up the traps that makes it impossible for your colonists to avoid them ?
when doing straight line of traps use a checkered pattern, this way your colonists can move diagonally and avoid them while covering the whole line
if you want so much to have 1 line hallway with traps, leave open 1 tile without a wall and put a 1 tile stockpile next to it at highest priority with some stone be able to quickly fill up the hole with a wall
just look up some killbox anon, dont do this to us
>>
can you just shove a colonist into a cryostasis casket for a season to remove debuffs like dead father, mother, sister, etc?
>>
>>154864026

I tried Dwarf Fortress. I was globaly understanding wht i was doing in the fortress mode, but i hated the migrants waves.

I tried the adventurer mode, and god, what is this.
>>
>>154864283
>i hated the migrants waves.
>I hated free labor

use the rapist. It's a meme, but it's a meme for a reason.

Also, the first couple waves are scripted, after that they come at the pace of your wealth, and stop at your dwarf cap, so it's not like you're gonna keep getting 30 dudes and have to scramble to build rooms and assign labors and expand food production and shit forever.
>>
>spinning up a new colony
>fucking hauling-disabled shitfucker keeps moving limestone chunks into the doorway of my freezer
>>
>>154864632
He's probably assigned to constructing and moving the junk away from construction sites.
>>
>>154863741

>- 27 °C in a desert.

Wow
>>
>>154864767
He's assigned to sowing and moving them off the field. It's still fucking annoying.
>>
>>154864849
You have a field in your freezer?
>>
>>154864918
next to my freezer, yes. dat efficient harvest.
>>
>>154864794
actually a thing, deserts go fucking freezing at night
>>
is it possible to put prisoners into a cryptosleep casket

i gotta store em up for when a trader comes along

also is the mood mod updated for a15 yet
>>
>>154865023

Yeah, i know. But it's 13h on his screenshot.
>>
>>154865197
he is playing on ice sheet
>>
>>154865197
>implying deserts need to be tropic
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>154865197
>there's only hot sandy deserts

what is a tundra
>>
File: 20160915235611_1.jpg (443KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160915235611_1.jpg
443KB, 1804x1014px
Is my recrutement center good?
>>
>>154865391
>ice sheet
>appears to be sand
really makes you think, huh
>>
>>154865601
oui oui mon frere!
>>
>>154865391
>>154865442
>>154865565

Well, sorry, it's just that it look like sand or the savane ground, on this screenshot.
>>
>>154865651
>snow (thick)
>ice
yea anon, its obviously sand
>>
Why are there so many french fry anons playing RW?
>>
>>154865601
if you're gonna take the time to make individual rooms why trash it by forcing two people to a room and keeping the shared bedroom mood debuff anyway
>>
>>154866138

I mean, you can't surrender in this game so...
>>
>>154866138
What if it is just one industrious froganon?
>>
>>154866138
It's literally just a meme. One person plays le surrendermonkey version and everyone found it funny and switched their localization.
>>
>>154866198

They are two per room because i want tto be able to stock a great amount of prisoners but i don't want them to manage to escape because they are 3 or 4 in the same room.
>>
>>154866138
hon hon hon pomme de terre
>>
>>154866138

We are at least 3 here, me (the boar and tree generator fag), the guy with that absolutly disgusting killbox from above and a third one.
>>
>>154866459

Just stick them all in a room with multiple heaters, giving them serious or extreme heatstroke, then euthanize operation and cancel for the quick knockout, then let your cats scratch them up so bad they can't move.
>>
>>154863502
No, unless you use mods.
>>
>>154866597

It's a "recruitement center"
>>
>psychopaths get a malus from seeing corpses
some psychopath.
>>
Is dog farming a legit way to earn? I just bought 3 more huskies now I have two males two females. I'll just train them to haul if not but I want to sell their babies if I can make money.
>>
>>154867335
you're thinking of sociopath
>>
>>154867486

They eat a lot, but they sell well.
>>
>>154867532
I mean, they don't care about slavery or harvesting organs, it's a little strange to me that a corpse bothers them.
>>
>>154867335
>>154867532
wait they do?
didnt the description of the psychopath trait actually say that the pawn doesnt give a shit about people dying or corpses
>>
>>154797890
>missing body parts 6.5%
It bothers me how the frozen tissue just disappears. It's just frozen, damnit, it shouldn't affect the amount of meat you can get out of the carcass.

I think the "lost to frostbite" parts should be excised by doctors, otherwise they'd just dangle there festering. And no effect in animals.
>>
>>154867335
>>154867745
Cannibalism also bothers them, which is a whole other kind of weird.
>>
File: 20160916002226_1.jpg (426KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160916002226_1.jpg
426KB, 1804x1014px
>>154866138

>French people

>>
>>154822338
>woo! I'm glad that fucking retard is gone from this world
>I'm so happy that he got buried in a sarcophagus though
>>
Does difficulty increase with more pawns? on cass
>>
>>154868117

It's a all with your wealth, but i guess yes, technically.
>>
>>154868117
yes, every peon increases difficulty by a good deal.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (425KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
425KB, 1920x1040px
>cass sends me 27 wargs
>almost done with crafting platemail for my entire village
>>
Benis
>>
>research is a long term task

what does this mean?
>>
>>154869982
your translation is broken
>>
>>154870510

It's because of the dev mode.
>>
>>154870510
that's french
>>
>>154871018
No wonder it looks broken.
>>
>>154871113
Nothing can be fucking done about this.
>>
>>154871018

Well, as an excuse, this one is actually more or less half german.
>>
>>154871113
Actually it looks more like written English is already turning into written Arab
>>
>>154871485
remove herbes folles
>>
I have at least 70 boars, halp me.
>>
>>154872043
that's a bit overboar-d
>>
>zzt during a boomrat manhunter pack
fuck, that's a lot of fire.
>>
>>154872043
Make sausage.
>>
>>154871485
>French and English is turning into written Arabic
IT'S ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE REAL WORLD
>>
So if you are wanting to breed animals it's important to make a pen for them right? So they are around eachother more often?
>>
>>154873138
no, males will just decide to walk to females in the same animal area and have sex with them when they want and there's nothing you can do to help or stop them other than segregating your animals
>>
>>154873330
>tfw no gelder profession
>>
how do i get a visitor that got fucked up into a hospital bed?
>>
>>154875241
its with rescue
try a normal non medical bed
>>
>>154875241
Left-click one of your colonist, rightclick the downed guy and leftclick rescue. The bed needs to be marked for medical purposes and not reserved by a colonist. It's not rocketscience, anon.
>>
>>154875562
>>154875587
thing is he's walking wounded

after getting fucked up hes playing horseshoes now..
>>
>>154875681
arrest him, get -5
heal and release him, get +15
dont know if it will work
>>
>>154875681
Then there's nothing to be done but hoping he fucks off back home before you have to rescue his ass from the edge of the map. Unless you wanna arrest him, which will not better your standing with the faction.
>>
>>154875681
If he's really wounded, he'll pass out from blood loss, and that's when you rescue him. Just follow him around.
>>
File: 1376719742836.jpg (36KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1376719742836.jpg
36KB, 317x265px
>mfw watching one of my pawns getting chased by a bear across the map
i should stop laughing and start helping him
>>
oh wow i downed it instead of killing it
how do i rescue a bear in a way that makes it easier to tame?
>>
>>154877338
Draft
Rescue bear

make sure you have an open animal sleeping spot
>>
Anon who asked me about art in rifles: I still didn't get any. Those take a huge time to make, and Emily is also tailoring when possible, so yeah.

Chedoc was kicked out of the kitchen, though - and she's levelling up fast in crafting. So maybe you'll see some of her stuff Soon®.

If you don't mind art in beds, though, Trigger got plenty to show ya. The guy is a beast with a hammer, lvl 20, good stuff.

On another matter. Yeah, tribals, I see your "unusually clever tactics"...
>>
>>154877564
but after i heal it will it try to walk away or eat my animal handler?
>>
>>154877593
...sadly, they aren't that clever, are they?
>>
>>154877593
>20+ colonists
>only 71 medicine
the pleasure of playing on basebuilder
>>
>>154877783
not to mention only 224 meals, nowhere near enough for that colony if shtf
>>
>>154877630
There's a chance it'll bond with the doctor that saves it. If it doesn't bond you can keep it locked in your base until you successfully tame it; it won't try to eat anyone as long as you keep feeding it.
>>
>>154877783
>>154878075
Cassandra Rough, and blight got rid of plenty of my corn and xer... healroot. I'll need to buy some stuff. Luckily, tribals always give me plenty stuff to sell.
>>
Also, regarding meds.
>>
>>154879084
when malaria/plague hits you should get 10+ colonist sick
whats the plan then family
>>
>>154878230
>There's a chance it'll bond with the doctor that saves it.
Wait, really? Damn. Maybe I really should start trying to rescue manhunter animals instead of simply killing them off.
>>
>>154879084
This is a concern; as well my electric situation, 120 hydro tables and 5 sun lamps are taking their toll, and I barely got components for anything.

I'll need to buy some shit, at least silver is not a concern.
>>
>>154878230
does that mean i wont get an easier chance of taming it unless its the doctor doing the taming?
>>
>>154879785
Meant to quote >>154879274
>>
>>154877783

You barely need medicine with a good doctor and healroot
>>
>>154881278
Yeah, but his point is, even my healroot is too little.
>>
Cassandra solved my food problem.
>>
>>154882098
You know what's better than a piece of bacon? 51 pieces of bacon.
>>
man i filled that bear full of bulletholes for my doc to treat and that bear never bonded

hell i savescummed a few times too and still didnt get a bond event
>>
>>154882553
>turbomodding

kys
>>
>>154882553
set someone to tame it
he'll feed the bear and it will just chill in your base waiting
>>
Bacon removed. No big damage, except ironically friendly fire.
>>
>>154883207
what the fuck are you even sperging about
>>
>>154883506
I never have colonist stand behind each other like that, way to many incidents before they nerfed ff
>>
File: s.png (1MB, 1360x766px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
1MB, 1360x766px
plasteel?
>>
>>154883679
Two rows are safe; the ones behind in this pic were moved after the fight for micromanaging (they were the ones who I wouldn't send hauling the bacon).

Most of the friendly fire happened when bacon was too near, then it breaks the 2 rows rule. This will be eventually solved when I build the killbox, though.
>>
>>154883590
calling out cheaters on a single player game
>>
>>154883834
>dev mode
>turn off fog
>scout map
>>
>>154883950
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>154883506
Just do embrasures.
>>
Well, sad to revert to primitive ways like planting on dirt, but oh well. The corn must flow.
inb4 modded hydroponic hay, devilstrand and corn.

>>154885420
I don't have the mod, but I can do some walls here and there... it's the intention behind the killbox, but I usually end killing stuff before.
>>
File: 1337735916233.jpg (34KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
1337735916233.jpg
34KB, 192x279px
>Check colony manager's animal tab
>notice there are 12 megascarabs on the map
>no infestations
>>
FUCK
>>
>>154886756
>sunlamp fields in straight rows instead of properly tesselated
shame.
>>
File: 1470416551479.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1470416551479.png
55KB, 217x190px
>raid
>successfully defend
>like one of the raiders who survived
>no leg and jaw
>schedule operation for jaw i bought
>check later
>no new jaw
>missing arm
>>
can you trade items using the spacial satelite thing on alpha 14? I gave one of the factions 900 silver for free and I cant trade shit
>>
>>154889004
>raid
>take a prisioner
>install two peg legs, two stell arms, two ear bandages, two eye patches and denture before he wakes up
>amputate most of it back so i can save material
>release the blind, deaf, armless, one legged savage in to the wid
>+15 relationship because he was unharmed
kek
>>
>>154889012
call in traders ? no
you can trade with the ships just fine though
>>
What's your favourite terrain and biome to play on /rwg/ and why?

Also
>tfw your colonists don't get used to cannibalism after harsh winters of eating raiders

Poofs.
>>
File: capture_013_15092016_195338.png (22KB, 1634x1081px) Image search: [Google]
capture_013_15092016_195338.png
22KB, 1634x1081px
>>154888989
I'm not sure the tesselation actually makes much better use of the space, though.
>>
since getting impressive room is so easy, especially if you put your valuables in one room, why wouldn't you make barracks?
>>
File: Untitled6.jpg (428KB, 1209x1321px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled6.jpg
428KB, 1209x1321px
>>154889527
>>154888989

i just made something like this but im not sure if i can roof over it using pillars over the un-lit spaces
>>
>wild animals are so hungry that when I go drafted-hunting boars run over to cannibalize their friends the second I kill them, making the hunt trivially easy
jesus.
>>
>game slows down to 1x because a rat decides it doesn't want to just roll over and die when my cat hunts it
fuck that shit.
>>
>shoot two legs and the jaw off a boar
>it's still roaming around a year later
Good for it.
>>
What's the best caravan to call for bionic parts?
>>
So why do ice sheets look nothing like ice?
>>
>coastal ice sheets
>-200F still water
>>
>comfy in medieval village
>build workbenches for repairing armors/weapons
>requires electricity
>build benches for spells and wands
>electricity
>smelt mechs ?
>electricity
>smelt vegetable garden resource leafs ?
>electricity
i guess i am done with medieval
>>
What's the best way to deal with this, just imprison then release? Will a hospital bed speed it up like infections?
>>
>mining drills don't tell you which resource they'll give
Fuck that. Savescumming that shit.
>>
File: screenshot11.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot11.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>154896957
D'Oh.
>>
> tfw using fueled generator as a desperate heat source
>>
>>154896957
show them some new drug
>>
>>154896957
>>154897117
Lock them in the rec room.
>>
collectivism mood mod:
remove debuffs for the follow
-shared room
-disturbed sleep
>>
>>154897768
You can do it yourself m8.
>>
So beautiful.
>>
>>154899504
how the fuck did you get that many colonists? Mod or just persistence?
>>
>>154899596
Plain persistence; this is Cass Rough. Pic related, my prison - 1% is too little, but when you get 8 prisoners, things go on a constant flow.
>>
File: capture_014_15092016_222420.png (1MB, 731x967px) Image search: [Google]
capture_014_15092016_222420.png
1MB, 731x967px
>Cassandra pretends to be Randy
>>
>>154899687
>prisoners get more space than colonists
nice meme.
>>
>>154899687
>>154899504
>all them pawns and no Emmie, Engie, Mie or Sparkles
L2Waifu m8
>>
>>154899687
no point to the chess tables and tv

prisoners don't have a joy bar
>>
if i want to disable pirate/tribal raids in the late game do i have to edit this to 0 for every faction i want to disable ?
<raidCommonality>100</raidCommonality>
cant find any info that is up to date in google, the only information is editing a file in RaidStrategyDefs but that folder is empty for me
>>
>>154899962
...fuck. Time to remove them. I'll put some nice art in their place though.
>>
>>154900302
idk why i didnt just check it instead of asking
thats what i have to edit yeap
>>
>>154899886
Before recruitment:
>Your prison is nice like that. JUST IMAGINE YOUR BEDROOM, IT'LL BE AMAZING!

After recruitment:
>Don't forget, you're here forever!

>>154899902
>2016
>having a why-foo
DESU having a character named Chedoc counts. She was one of my first colonists at A10... and she was amazing. The one from this playthrough is nothing like her.
>>
Plasteel, plasteel!

>MFW incendiary fuel cannot melt plasteel beams
>MFW I have no face
>>
Fine, fine. I fucking give up devilstrand.
>>
File: 1465374608794.jpg (512KB, 2800x2201px) Image search: [Google]
1465374608794.jpg
512KB, 2800x2201px
Any mod that adds trenches/more traps ? My WW1 tendencies are leaking out.
>>
>>154902131
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25708
more traps, they are a bit costly though and have a higher chance to trigger on your colonists than the deadfall trap
>>
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21770.0

Cool we can now use redistheat without CCL
>>
>>154867786
>>154867786
??? That only happens because animals are eating it.
>>
>move trading spot near psychic ship
>shoot the ship
>let them fight
>get loot from traders, weakened mechanoids

And this is why Tynan doesn't allow us to change the trading spot...
>>
>>154903834
Yeah, nah, fuck that. I'm reloading and doing it the fair way.
>>
>>154882553
>>154883423
pls note that bears have a small chance of trying to eat you during taming events
>>
File: dead tribals .jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dead tribals .jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
Randy/challenge mode

This mans spine was crushed ad I was lucky enough to beat out an ancient danger to put him in the only cryochamber that wasn't destroyed. I don't have to feed him which is nice

also, these tribals..anyway to burn their corpses with out explosives/molotovs/or researching cremation?
>>
>>154903930
Well yeah, when you exploit something like that, it definitely isn't fair. Don't blame the mod though

"This is why Tynan doesn't allow" <whatever>.
Fuck that. I use Prepare Carefully because I don't like rerolling a million times to get a pawn with psychopath (or whatever I'm doing for in the new colony). Just because you CAN max every skill and shit, doesn't mean you do...
>>
>>154904185
Hope for a dry thunder storm that hits them?
>>
I'm confused, is the only benefit of herbal/regular/glimmerworld medicine to increase the chance of getting a Good treatment result? Or does applying the medicine to begin with do more than treating without any?

Like if I'm likely to get poor results from treating someone no matter what should i even bother wasting healroot on the person?
>>
>>154905076
A high quality doctor will get Good quality results even from healroot, but the percentage will still be something like 60 to 40. There's nothing to say 'wasting' since healroot generally always get that level of results.
>>
>>154904728
I'm not blaming the mod but myself on this one.

About
>"This is why Tynan doesn't allow" <whatever>.
Game developers simply assume the players will do whatever they have in hands to get illicit advantage, even if it spoils their fun. So they don't include something interesting with an exploit-ish flaw until they can solve said flaw.
>>
>>154904185
that base is super comfy. good job anon.
>>
Does having seats at workbenches increase productivity? or just comfort?
>>
>>154905885
Comfort. Which is important for crafter mood.
>>
>>154905931
>Comfort. Which is important for crafter mood.
So crafter mood influences result?
>>
>>154905968
if that was the case i would have said it increased productivity as well

when your guy spends eight hours a day on a crafting bench that Uncomfortable debuff adds up, what i'm saying
>>
>Visitors
>visitors fight
>rescue
>Manhunting boars
>Visitor is fully healed.
>leaves and gets torn to death by the boars
>Escape pod
>rescue
>Escapee is fully healed.
>leaves and gets torned to death by the boars
whatever guys thanks for training my doctors
>>
I can't stop hoarding animals.
Send help.
>>
>>154869982

Rip.
>>
>>154870465

It means you must assign one 'ist to research as 1st priority and have nothing else for him/her to do, then she wanders over to the research bench and starts researching.
>>
>>154872043

Make the males fight each other until only one remains. The victorious one shall have all the females, producing superior offspring.
>>
>>154906018
mood does affect productivity you retard dog
>>
>>154883974

>cheating
>>
>>154906018
sorry i shouldn't have called you a retard dog but mood does affect your peons' productivity
>>
you guys want a more straight forward approach to higher difficulty ?
it bumps up the raid sizes higher than extreme but removes the other penalties from extreme
new diff :
<threatScale>1.8</threatScale
<colonistMoodOffset>0</colonistMoodOffset
<baseSellPriceFactor>0.75</baseSellPriceFactor>
<cropYieldFactor>1</cropYieldFactor
<diseaseIntervalFactor>1</diseaseIntervalFactor>
extreme :
<threatScale>1.3</threatScale>
<colonistMoodOffset>-18</colonistMoodOffset><baseSellPriceFactor>0.47</baseSellPriceFactor>
<cropYieldFactor>0.9</cropYieldFactor
<diseaseIntervalFactor>0.9</diseaseIntervalFactor>
its ripped from the last medieval update, its just the difficulty setting, nothing else
https://mega.nz/#!aQ5ghaAJ!1AZmS95cPOMKmGPo5gHfsIgb7gibsxu35nt-zBxhmt8
medieval thread on official forums if you want to rip it yourself because you dont want to download random files :
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22316.0
the update change log is on the last page of the thread
>>
>>154907424
Waaahh, someone is having fun with their game, waaaaah
>>
>>154890221

You can. The roof needs to be supported in a few places by a pillar, but you can roof all of that easily.
>>
>>154907473
do whatever you want it's your game but saying use cheats in a discussion about a game problem (that's a problem for the player for anyone autistic) is beyond retarded
>>
>>154889507

-100C winters, winter start, solo rich.
>>
Played game ~5 times over a few weeks, finally have a good 5 hour sesh and really start getting into it yesterday, get up this morning.......game taken from my steam account because they couldn't authorize the transaction.

It has been 3 fucking weeks and I lost the money from my account, so now I just get shit fucking all for my 30 bucks? No refund into bank or steam wallet...
>>
>>154907759
stop using that forced drm ""service"" holy shit
>>
>>154907759
As much as I think you should throw Tynan the money, I think you'd be justified in pirating.
>>
>>154907886
Because I lost 30 dollars one time?
Why are you angry at nothing?
Literally the only time this has happened, I lost 30 dollars for years worth of free games, saving 90 percent plus on games that you can't get cheaper anywhere else, server integration, friends list with click to join game, finding shitloads of cool games I otherwise wouldn't know existed, etc etc.
>>
>>154908201
i would call your bank because money does not 'disappear'
>>
>>154908404
Yeah I do plan on that, is quite strange.
>>
>Capture a free escape pod colonist with synthread clothing.
>-66F; He have only been outside for sevonds and already has serious hyperthomia
>Scramble my other colonist to make more heaters and use my precious wood for campfire to save his life.
>Keeps wasting my precious medicine to keep him from losing his fingers because he refuses to use a parka
>30% recruitment fails for 8 straight days

I would have made him into soup if it weren't for his good skill destribution but my patience and food is running short.
>>
>>154908201
yes good goy let's give you huge discounts to buy stuff that you'll never really own

but on the off case that you aren't a shill, services like humblebundle and gmg offer sales too, with the upside of your games not having to be linked to one account that datamines the fuck out of you.
>>
File: 20160916043341_1.jpg (222KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160916043341_1.jpg
222KB, 1600x900px
Toxic fallout is fuckin' shit
>>
>>154908596

You don't need to feed them all that often. Let them get serious malnutrition, makes them all that easier to knock back down when they go berserk.
>>
>takes a level 20 crafter with 2 bionic arms an hour to make 1 component
>with 2 workbenches
>25 steel each
Is there a worse bench than the component assembly bench?
>>
>>154909129
Nothing can be fucking done against this.
>>
>>154909343
im liking this meme keep it up
>>
>>154909184
No. I hate building it, but if Randy decides to fuck me on traders, then I need it.
>>
>>154909129
Agreed.
I have 4 sunlamps worth of indoor farms and a whole stockpile of food ready, and I'm still fucking on the brink of extreme starvation come day 8.
>>
File: file.png (44KB, 598x489px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
44KB, 598x489px
>get this guy outta nowhere
>he's a useles little shit that can't even clean up the place or haul shit
>send him to the frontlines whenever there's a raid, trying to get him killed
>dude downs 4 raiders with a plasteel knife and never gets an infection
O-okay, you're getting those scyther blades
>>
>there's an Electric modifier

What weapons use Electric

Just lightning?
>>
>>154909818
no vanilla weapons use electric
>>
File: 20160916050314_1.jpg (215KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160916050314_1.jpg
215KB, 1600x900px
I made it through the nuclear hell /vg/

WEW
>>
>>154909129

Thanks anon, just what I needed. I am going to make it? How long did your fallout lasted, a few seasons?
>>
File: Moon world.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Moon world.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
Here is my Moon World.
>>
File: T-thanksCass.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
T-thanksCass.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>154910607

Forgot picture.
>>
>>154910607
almost exactly 3 seasons

Rimjesus has blessed me on this day
>>
>>154910712
Makes more sense now that you posted a picture

As long as you can maintain a good food supply, you're probably good. However Rimjesus may have something against you and send an event. Your people can go outside if you really need emergency food, but try to either minimize time outside or send people in shifts to prevent really quick radiation buildup
>>
>>154761428

come chat.

irc.quakenet.org
#Rimworld
>>
File: screenshot1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How do I feed all these little piggies?

They're eating all the fucking grass and I don't know if moving the pastures around all the time will help

Haygrass takes way too long to grow to be their regular foodsource. Almost as bad as alphabeavers
>>
>>154912458
Exchange them for silver.
>>
>>154912458
Cull the herd a little until you can sustain them on hay. Then make a harem, like 2 males to 10 females, then bacon up the offspring immediately upon birth.
>>
>>154912563
Four caravans have come so far and none wanted them. Cass isn't treating me well

>>154912675
Seems like my only option at this point. The sprites are too cute though I want to keep them all
>>
>>154912901
Call someone up and order an exotic trader.
>>
>>154912458
plant rice and mass make simple meals they grow fast

weep at the heavy labor cost tho
>>
How to survive on ice sheet?
>>
>>154914164
just build hyroponics around a geyser and chill
>>
File: 20160916205100_1.jpg (411KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160916205100_1.jpg
411KB, 1920x1080px
FUCKING WOLVES
>>
File: the-grey.jpg (97KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
the-grey.jpg
97KB, 960x639px
>>154914775
>didn't rename him to Ottway at the last second
wasted potential
>>
File: file.png (63KB, 188x190px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
63KB, 188x190px
l'm still trying to kill this nigger, too bad there aren't any bears around, but l'm pretty sure he'd kill them too
>>
When it comes to using sunlamps should i be using batteries and attaching them all to a switch that gets turned on during the daytime hours and shut them off at night?
>>
>>154915332
No, you should be using a dedicated grid of solar panels that have just enough power to power all the lamps during growing hours and will naturally turn off during resting hours. Don't waste geothermal energy on lamps.
>>
>>154915685
im suffering a volcanic winter and i have no idea when it will pass

im relying on windmills and geo
>>
>>154915867
If you're playing on a large map you can just conquer more geyser territory and build more geothermals. I wouldn't bother micromanaging the switch every single day and night unless you really have to.
>>
>>154915247
is this a good movie? i need something to watch
>>
>>154915993

This, you are going to forget if you do micro manage those switches killing your plants. But unless you have too, then don't forget. It can ruin the day of those colonist.
>>
>>154916123
I thought it was pretty great
Actions decent, good characters, nice setting
>>
>>154916182
do they actually die if they dont get light for over a day?
>>
>>154916352

No, but they stack up. Then you get eclipse or solar flares when you don't want them and you are unable to save them.
>>
So. I have a friendly caravan parked outside my settlement gate and i have a manhunter pack coming

If i take defensive positions and turn on my turrets, the caravan gets caught in the crossfire and goes hostile on me

but if i leave them alone, the manhunters will assrape them and then i wont be able to fire on the manhunters until they are on top of my defensive positions

what do..
>>
Is ice sheet + mountainous comfy?
>>
>>154916752
wall your base off like you should've done in the first day of the game had you played on extreme where warg manhunting packs can show up at any time
>>
>>154917465

Everyone dies before they can reach you, but if they do you can just gun them down. Very comfy, poison ship half way across the map is a pain though. No animals to hunt so get those hydropnonics or cannibals rolling.
>>
>>154917602
t. never played on ice sheet
>>
>>154917710

You are right, but it can't be that bad. All my visitors have died half way across the map and I am sure if I bring a trader he will die too.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (4KB, 105x69px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
4KB, 105x69px
i have 1 colonist with extreme heatstroke in his bed while he was sleeping
set up a medical bed inside the freezer, cant move him though
send help
>>
>>154918373

Build a cooler in his room.
>>
>>154918454
i was out of components but remembered about the passive coolers
build 3 in his room by the time he reached 90% heatstroke
he is safe now, thanks anon
>>
>>154918649
did he get brain damage
>>
>>154918886
no he is fine
untill the raid came
managed to fend them off but injuries + heat got 2 of my guys down, my freezer is acting as a hospital now
hope the heatwave ends soon, my freezer is starting to struggle with all the movement
>>
Is this game any good?
I'm kinda sick of DF.
>>
>heat wave is over
cant wait to see how fucked i'll get in the upcoming winter, time to kill every god damn animal on this map
>>
>>154919259
heat waves are brutal but they end eventually, just keep your peons frosty and don't fret about productivity while it lasts
>>
>>154919512
i know that heat waves can be a struggle
never played on climate cycle before and this just took me by surprise
i am really happy i decided to pick this as a permanent setting for my planet, will get me as close as possible to both extreme temperatures with hopefully year long summers and winters
right now its no heatwave 45C in the middle of the day
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
>Disease: Plague!
>Manhunter pack!

what did I ever do to you Randy
>>
File: 20160916151008_1.jpg (413KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160916151008_1.jpg
413KB, 1804x1014px
Trade of his life, part Two.
>>
Why are the humans in the cryptosleep caskets inside those ancient danger rooms hostile? Aren't they just normal humans being held captive by scythers?
>>
>>154921994
P. sure the mechanoids were their guards, bro.
>>
>>154921094
way to not help your allies, France
>>
>>154922154
mechs are a "A hive of ancient self-replicating machines."
i doubt they will guard any humans, they are like a mech version of the zerg of starcraft
>>
>>154922154
That makes a lot more sense. I thought those Scyther things were like a sentient evil race of robots.
>>
>12 days straight of toxic fallout

thank fuck the harvest came in at the same time
>>
>>154922426
Your headcanon is retarded.

>Mechanoids - Autonomous intelligent robots built for domestic, industrial or military purposes. Only available to advanced cultures because such complex AI is needed to control them.
>>
>try to tame alpaca
>its not interested
fine fuck you i'll try tomorrow
>i check back on it and its being eaten by a bear
serves you right you little shit i would have just kept you around for your wool
>>
>>154922580
this description is taken from the .xml file that contains the data for the mechs
RimWorld\Mods\Core\Defs\FactionDefs
>>
What's the deal with A15? Some of the mods I use have been upgraded but noticeably CCL hasn't. Does the A14 version work?
>>
>>154922793
Most mods are removing their CCL dependency, its seems like whoever runs it has died or something.
>>
>>154922725
I was talking about your headcanon. That direct def quote was the only sensible part of your post.
>>
>>154922793
ccl team are working with tynan to bring it up to a15
some mods added code from ccl with help from the team to be able to release their stuff early
>>
>>154922793
>>154922871
what is CCL
>>
>>154922871
what was it about CCL that made everyone piggyback on it anyway
>>
File: 1465188033784.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1465188033784.png
129KB, 314x278px
How the hell does one survive on ice sheet?

There's not a single tree or animal to hunt on the map
>>
>>154923393
I think its just something that makes making mods easier.

>>154923375
Community Core Library.
>>
File: sadspike.png (14KB, 625x582px) Image search: [Google]
sadspike.png
14KB, 625x582px
>nuclear fallout
>heat wave
>huge raid
>best doctor breaks and wanders into the hoard
>killed immediately
>his brother goes beserk
>kills 2 other colonists
>rest killed by pirates

such is life
>>
>>154924123
you need only 1 colonist to keep going anon
>>
File: 20160917003904_1.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160917003904_1.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
RIP
>>
File: Randy.jpg (42KB, 269x313px) Image search: [Google]
Randy.jpg
42KB, 269x313px
>>
>>154924123
As tribals, you probably won't. Standard mode though your first objective is to get a warm safe zone going, and then wall of a decent plot of gravel, heat it, get a sun lamp in there and farm potatoes.
>>
>>154926043
>attacking a thrumbo without bionic legs and charge rifles
>>
>>154926395
>attacking a thrumbo even with them
>>
>escape pod
>drops on my fields
>absolute shit
>shoot him on the spot
>burn his corpse
sorry buddy
>>
File: 20160917004757_1.jpg (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160917004757_1.jpg
349KB, 1920x1080px
>>154926395
Dire times

If only one of them could walk, the thrumbo even died after awhile
>>
File: 20160917005303_1.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160917005303_1.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
>>154926513
Here we go
>>
File: 20160916165322_1.jpg (290KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160916165322_1.jpg
290KB, 1804x1014px
Well, it's time to go conquer new territories for the glory of France.
>>
>>154916204
just watched it
>they didn't show the fight
what the fuck
>>
>>154926395
>>154926441
>can't kite thrumbos to death
weak
>>
>>154927079
It's not about ability, it's just that thrumbos are cute and should be left alone.

Or tamed. Bionic attack thrumbos are great.
>>
>>154927286
>modding
weak
>>
>>154927336

Well, if you hate fun, you're on the right board.
>>
>>154927367
>fun
there is no such thing as fun. there is only winning, and those too weak to seek it.
>>
Anyone checked if the zombie mod works for V15 ?
>>
File: 20160916170930_1.jpg (322KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160916170930_1.jpg
322KB, 1804x1014px
Where are my colonists?
>>
>>154927682
south of the mountain where they landed
>>
what's the drawback of having your guys constantly hopped up on yayo or go-juice?

I've had one guy who goes on overdose when he binges on yayo but that's about it

the increased movement speed and manipulation seems too good to pass up. Fuck smokeleaf and beer though, they're useless
>>
>>154928278
no drawbacks, just the work required to sustain the addiction. in essence you're converting the low value work (growing, harvesting, hauling, and crafting drugs) and in exchange your high value workers (high skill crafters, doctors, constructors) are more efficient and get more waking hours, it's like vampirism for your peons.
>>
How do i into priorities?
Last time I spent a lot of time on a colony it got to the point that my pawns would spend all their time basically jerking off and doing low-skill work. I tried to do manual priorities but that just made it worse.
>>
>>154931151
stop playing videogames and get on with your life
>>
>Psychopath: [colonist name] has no empathy. The suffering of others doesn't bother him at all
>Friend dies trying to hunt a squirrel
>Gets a debuff, goes ballistic over it and gets curbstomped trying to punch an ostrich

It's as if they add new features and disregard the old ones
>>
>>154931151
Figure out what your biggest priorities are. Hauling is surprisingly important, if nobody's focusing on that, efficiency suffers big time. Also make sure all your bills are set on "drop on floor" so you don't waste time hauling shit back and forth and instead have your dedicated hauler do that.
>>
>>154932778

How the fuck do I make my animals do the hauling? Do they really need to be trained all the way to 8/8 until they start doing it?
>>
>>154932958

All the way to 8/8. And you still need some human haulers, because animals don't haul all the time, and won't do things like burying/cremating/filling beer barrels.
>>
>>154933035

I don't bury or cremate, I butcher them and make armchairs and kibble.
>>
File: dem grfx.jpg (813KB, 1452x646px) Image search: [Google]
dem grfx.jpg
813KB, 1452x646px
>notice there's an ENB preset on nexus
>check the screenshots
I don't know what i expected.
>>
>>154933526
Hope you're running with psychopaths.
>>
>>154933575
>2d game
enb
what the lord were they thinking
>>
>>154933575
CHROMATIC
ABERRATION
LMAAAOOO
>>
File: mpffffrt.jpg (8KB, 172x215px) Image search: [Google]
mpffffrt.jpg
8KB, 172x215px
>>154933575
>>
>>154933575

It look like you took a screen of a cathodic screen running the game.
>>
>>154933590

Just one who does all the slicing up the corpses. Nobody else is allowed near the corpse pile, except the single warg I'm trying to train.
>>
>>154933991
Fair enough, but keep in mind that you could just feed them the corpses raw and not have to deal with the "we butchered humanlike" debuff for the whole colony.

Leather is just whatever. Cotton and wool are all you ever need.
>>
>>154933575
Why the fuck do people do this?
>>
>>154933575
So it's exactly the same shit as every ENB mod ever.

What the fuck is ENB even an acronym of?
>>
>>154934094

I'm struggling to grow enough rice to feed all my crew, nevermind the animals. I have no room for cotton. Wool would be nice but I have only a warg and a few cats for animals, so armchairs and kibble it is.
>>
>>154934645
Show a picture of your fort, I'll pick it apart. Food should never ever be an issue. In fact, I have wood growing in most of my fields because my freezer is so full of raw corn that the rest would just rot in the fields.
>>
>>154934645
If you have rich soil you shouldn't have any food problems with rice. If you're using regular soil never grow rice.
>>
>>154934850
don't listen to treefag, you should be growing all sorts of shit before ever even entertaining the idea of growing wood
>>
>>154934893

Gravel patches and a couple of hydroponics so far. The biggest issue right now is the lack of components, the nearest visible compressed machinery patch is too far to risk anyone in the -104.
>>
>>154935002
Food should only ever be an issue in the very beginning. You know that part where your meals are running short, and your first fields haven't yet produced anything? That's the only time when I'll accept food being an issue.

Even in extreme climates.
>>
>>154916752
Why do you not want them to murder the caravan? Free shit for you.
>>
>>154935140
silence you temperate basebuilder
>>
>>154917834
What version are you playing on? Visitors shouldn't even come anymore if the weather is too cold
>>
>Let's have every animal cause bleeding damage
>And make it so people can't patch themselves up with available medkits
>Even if you set their patient to 0, they'll insist on going back to a bed rather than working to try and make themselves survive the guaranteed infection they're about to get

Getting tired of dying to fucking tortoises on solo playthroughs
>>
>>154934893
>If you're using regular soil never grow rice.
Bullshite, rice is still most efficient even on normal soil.

>>154935826
>Even in extreme climates.

The only time when food was consistently an issue was on the -70C all year average temperature ice sheet embark, and that's because solar flares killed every crop in the fort.
>>
File: z.png (44KB, 623x426px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
44KB, 623x426px
Sooooooooo, I decided to make an eversor assassin. Think I even posted about it here. Finally got the drugs needed to make a proper one.

He is now able to take on 2 grizzly bears in a fist fight. Possibly more, but I ran out of grizzlies. Regular humans just get oneshotted and while that's cool as fuck, it's kind of hard to capture people for recruitment when he keeps lobbing their limbs off.

Can he even survive withdrawal? I'm convinced if the drugs wear off he's just going to fucking implode, so I'm keeping him frozen at the moment. Is that actually necessary? It's not really hindering him much. He just takes a bit of a hit to the consciousness. He has no idea where he is, no idea what he's wearing, no idea where he's going, all he knows is he must kill.
>>
File: nadine-arthur-89.5.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
nadine-arthur-89.5.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>get colonist named Nadine
>can't stop thinking of this loathsome fuck
>>
>>154935959
what are you smoking, corn is still the best, it requires the least amount of work/land for the biggest harvest. the only time you should be bothering with rice is if you have rich soil/hydroponics

>>Even in extreme climates
you wouldn't know because you hardly play the game. i never said food is hard to get.
>>
>>154936436

Corn is the least LABOUR INTENSIVE. Rice, unless on gravel, is the MOST EFFICIENT plant.

Rice = most food per unit of time
Corn = least babysitting

Got it? You only think that corn gets you the most food because it's the most likely to fill your freezer since it comes in huge waves. Rice is a steady stream.
>>
>>154933575
That is literally painful to look at. It is physically hurting my eyes. What the fuck? It's like an old-ass tube monitor got slightly fucked up.
>>
>>154936389
Luciferium withdrawal is lethal.
>>
>>154936681
>labor shouldn't factor for efficiency
you're retarded. the only thing stopping you from growing a 200x200 crop field is labor. saying that rice is most efficient except for labor is an oxymoron, but that should be expected from you since you use food generators and this is probably your most advanced colony as of yet
>>
>>154937023

Efficiency is FOOD per TIME. Rice provices you with most food per unit of time. That's it, no wriggling, it's not your opinion, you're just flat out wrong.
>>
>>154937023

Please tell me how you build the dozens of heaters to heat up a 200x200 room when every single component must be used to build turrets or the next raid that comes will end your run?
>>
>>154937214
yes anon, precisely, efficiency is FOOD per TIME, not GROW TIME, the plant statistic, you imbecile, TIME, during which you have a limited amount of SPACE and LABOR which must be used efficiently to produce the most FOOD.
>>
>>154937249
your retarded hypothetical doesn't warrant a response because i never said you should be building 200x200 fields. by all means join him in defending an inferior strategy, it's no skin off my nose if you spread misinformation in the thread.
>>
>>154937430

>yes anon, precisely, efficiency is FOOD per TIME, not GROW TIME
Exactly, you tit. Rice is still the most efficient. Let me make this really simple for you:

It.

Gives.

You.

Most.

Food.

Per.

Time.

MOST FOOD PER TIME. Corn only takes less babysitting. You use it when you have a stock of food and want to give your growers something else to do like cleaning.

You fucking pillock.
>>
>>154937649
maybe in your autistic scenario in which rice sows, hauls, and harvests itself. why do i need to repeat myself to a treefag? grow time is not time. the act of sowing and harvesting corn in regular soil will produce more food than choosing rice, in the same amount of time you have to prepare for winter or what have you.

you really should learn to read the entire post before responding. i said this in my previous post
>not GROW TIME, the plant statistic, you imbecile
>>
>>154937879

The fact that you can do other things while the plants grow is irrelevant.

You are just wrong.
>>
>>154936959
Well, that's going to make things interesting for anyone who visits my fort.

"And next up on our tour is the food storage. Not much to see here, just your random run of the mill walk in cooler full of the usual stuff. You know, meat, beer, murderous abominations of nature pumped full of enough drugs to make Ozzy nervous, potatoes, that sort of stuff."

>>154937214
>>154937249
>>154937430
>>154937562
Does any of this really matter? I mean, even on ice sheets, it's not all that hard to grow enough food to keep everyone fed. I'd say the layout of your colony plays more of a part than the actual crop. Doesn't matter how quickly a crop grows or how little work it requires if your farm is so far away from the food storage you need to take two trains and a bus to get to it.

Also, it could just be my inner Dwarf Fortress player speaking, but don't you really have anything better to sperg out about than food growing? You could be arguing about so many cooler things, like the ethics of having an organ farm or the practicality of roasting raiders alive with heaters. And yet here you are, getting pissed about fucking corn and rice. Like that shit even fucking matters. I plant potatoes just cause my first farmer had an irish name, so it seemed fitting. He's dead and I still grow them, just cause I can't be bothered to click twice and switch to something else.
>>
>>154938174
you are so autistic it hurts, but then again it fits since you're the type of person that formulates ideas about the game before even playing it, you decided to use tree generators because you liked the idea of freedom from batteries without even knowing the amount of work it takes.

the bottom line is i never once said that one tile of rice, when properly taken care of, will produce less food than one tile of corn. i don't think anyone itt believes that. i said "corn is still the best", as in, if you don't have rich soil/don't rely on hydroponics, using corn as your vegetable of choice is the best decision, despite the nerfs to corn. if you read my post carefully this would be obvious, but despite your superficial insistence on being technically correct, you can't even do that.
>>
>>154938351
>even on ice sheets, it's not all that hard to grow enough food to keep everyone fed.
Why do you talk about things you've obviously never even tried?
>>
>>154938567

So now you admit you're just wrong and we can move on. Great, thank you. Was that so hard?
>>
>>154938642
no you were wrong because you made a statement you couldn't defend and then backpedalled and changed it so it's at least _technically_ correct (on a definition that nobody uses or have used) in order to save face
>>
>give colonist exoskeleton suit
>stab scar on torso remains
is that supposed to be like this or is it bugged
>>
>>154938739

We were discussing food, not miscalleneous work.

Rice is the most efficient.

You were wrong, and you admitted it.

Thank you for manning up and conceding.
>>
>>154938630
The fuck are you talking about? Isn't that pretty much the first thing everyone does after getting the hang of the game? And it really isn't. You just have to be really conservative until you get hydroponics up and running. It doesn't take much to feed 3 people. It's only an issue if you're a dipshit who keeps recruiting every random raider or tribal, regardless of whether the colony can handle it or not.
>>
>>154938748

It's a suit. It doesn't replace their skin.
>>
>>154938748
Exoskeletons tend to go over the body. Think Iron Man, not metal gear rising.
>>
Is it better to amass fueled generators, solar panels, wind farms or just hold out until geothermal?
I'm aiming to get the most power for a large colony without too much in the way of problems
>>
>>154938891
>>154938954
oh ok, i thought its like a bionic torso replacement
thanks
>>
>>154938821
yes, we were discussing food, in a real game, not the rice plant. you were incorrect and you don't even have the courage to admit it. rice is not the most efficient plant to grow for food on regular soil. you are categorically incorrect. in order to make the statement "rice is most efficient" you must specify that you don't care about labor or space or any other thing that might be a consideration in a real game, however you aren't permitted to make those specifications, therefore you remain wrong because the argument was never about which is the fastest growing plant but which one is best to grow on regular soil. i once again direct you to the argument starting post >corn is still the best
>>
>>154938838
Yup, confirmed shitposter who doesn't even play the game, just repeats memes from the general.
>>
>>154939107

Now you're just breaking up. You already admitted this (in a very roundabout way, but still)

>the bottom line is i never once said that one tile of rice, when properly taken care of, will produce less food than one tile of corn.

And that's it, really. Case closed. You were wrong.
>>
>>154939251
I don't follow. Why do you think no one plays ice sheet embarks? They were fun as hell back when raiders and tribals would just spawn in without warm enough clothes and freeze to death before they could even get to you.
>>
>>154939268
that has never been the argument. you're forced to pretend that per tile/time efficiency and not overall efficiency is what we've been discussing the whole time, in effect, changing the goalpost.

maybe you're being intellectually honest right now and in your head you meant specifically this type of efficiency, and maybe you thought i was on the same page with you and i'm just giving you a hard time for a misunderstanding, but in reality arguments are made using words and words have meanings independent of your what you think they mean.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (69KB, 949x761px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
69KB, 949x761px
the thrumbo killer
a couple of bazooka shots and they drop
>>
>>154939719

Actually, darling, it was you who said
>If you're using regular soil never grow rice.
And that's where you were wrong, because rice is the most efficient plant even on normal soil.

I know it's hard, but try to keep up will you?

And don't you dare accuse me of """changing""" the goalpost when you've been backpedaling the whole time.
>>
>>154939087

Wind is cheap but unsteady, so you need batteries too. It's a hassle to keep them separated from the grid, but that's how you keep them from blowing up random parts of your base.

If you can afford to grow a shit ton of trees, fueled is the way to go when the wind is not there, solar panels have too many downsides to them.
>>
>>154939754

You just need one shot and then snipe it until it's downed.
>>
>>154940323

I'm only trying to stop this one incompetent, illiterate fuck from giving out bad advice like "never grow rice on regular soil".
>>
>>154940323
/rwg/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>154939990
>>And that's where you were wrong, because rice is the most efficient plant even on normal soil.
it's not the most efficient plant to grow though. growing rice on regular soil is a bad idea.

the fact that one tile of rice will produce more food doesn't in any way support growing rice instead of corn. my assertion that corn is the overall best plant to grow remains seemingly uncontested. maybe you agree that corn is overall the best but you're too much of a bitch to say it, or you disagree but you don't have the confidence to argue that something else is, either way you're being a little bitch by my book, not only are you agreeing with me by the way of your silence, you're attempting to change the argument because you dislike the fact that you're agreeing with me.
>>
/rwg/ Rice War edition

La guerre du riz
>>
>>154940440
4chan in a nutshell
>>
>>154940323
Their little shit flinging's making me wonder. Since the game is pretty Dwarf Fortress-y, I thought it'd attract people with a similar mindset. Shit, I thought most people who play Dorf Fort would be into this game. So I assumed this general would be like the DF one and not have spergs running around, yelling at eachother. Apparently, I was wrong. Guess the lower barrier to entry means the lowfunctioning ones get in, too.
>>
>>154940492

>the fact that one tile of rice will produce more food doesn't in any way support growing rice instead of corn

>>farming the most efficient plant is stupid

The guy is struggling for food, and you're here saying that farming the most efficient plant is a bad idea. I think we're done here.
>>
>>154940608
Nah. But the few last /rwg/s have exhibited a pattern where a couple of autists (probably the same two all the time?) have been doing... their thing. They really should get together.
>>
>>154940717
it's not the most efficient plant. it's the "most efficient plant if we disregard everything other than grow time and food outputâ„¢". since real games aren't your autistic fantasy land, when someone asks for the most efficient plant, they don't mean your trademarked definition of the term which you resorted to, because the regular definition doesn't support the claim that rice is the most efficient.
>>
>>154940717

To put an end to this, I'll just say that the manhunter muffalo pack blew up one of my turrets that I forgot to offline, then died off to infections and bleeding a bit later. I am now swimming in muffalo steaks, so food isn't a problem for quite a long while.
>>
>>154940908

Oh for crying out loud, this is just disgraceful.

Just drop it.

>>154940934

Good. Now start farming corn.
>>
>>154940717
>>154940908
Oh my god, will you shut up already? STOP BEING SO BORING!
>>
>>154941014
i gracefully accept your concession. your struggle was genuinely pointless.
>>
>>154941014

Can't grow corn on hydroponics.
>>
>>
Good job assholes, you ruined the thread.

Rice is the most efficient plant on the metric of output per tile-day. Corn is more efficient on the metric of output per worker-hour, and is only moderately behind rice on the tile-day metric, making it a better choice for most forts.

Can we drop it now?
>>
>>154941220

Consider doing a harvest of healroot or drug plants then before switching back to rice. There's no point farming food that would end up rotting, yeah?

The only point to corn is that it gives you a more hands-off approach to growing food. Never go with corn unless you have a big stockpile full of meals.
>>
>>154941360
No, that's not how idiocy works. At this point, I'm pretty sure neither of them want to drop it, just cause they're in too deep. It's a matter of some sort of twisted, autistic honor to prove the other random anon wrong,
>>
>>154941360
No thanks, I'll just keep eating strawberries.
>>
>>154938351
>>154940323
>>154940440
>>154940608
>>154940679
>>154940859
>>154941057
>>154941248
>>154941360
>>154941472
i refrained from addressing those meta whining posts so far because i was engaged in an argument with my good friend and didn't want to waste precious seconds waiting for post cooldowns. i just want to say that i shit all over you children and my adamant individualism and overwhelming charisma ward me from being swayed be the wills of lesser creatures.
>>
>>154941517
strawberries are patrish. The only problem is that if you ever run out of meals your colonists literally don't give a shit and start eating them raw, which is sub-optimal.
>>
File: 1443108360882.gif (3MB, 267x212px) Image search: [Google]
1443108360882.gif
3MB, 267x212px
>>
>>154941580
*shrugs atlas*
>>
>>154941580
>i just want to say that i shit all over you children
Joke's on you, I don't have any!
>>
File: 1422320208786.gif (693KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1422320208786.gif
693KB, 300x168px
>>154941580
>>
File: Smug grin - dorf fort edition.jpg (228KB, 720x630px) Image search: [Google]
Smug grin - dorf fort edition.jpg
228KB, 720x630px
>>154941580
>>
File: 1469456160647.png (19KB, 495x433px) Image search: [Google]
1469456160647.png
19KB, 495x433px
>check /rwg/
>oh shit a lot posts
>corn vs rice fighting
>>
>>154942204
I know, rite. Strawberries are flat out superior to both lmao.
>>
>cant harvest legs/arms with epoe
i love it when modders limit fun options because they are too op while ignoring all the op tech they add
>>
>>154942393
Can you make vodka out of strawberries? I THINK NOT!

Strawberries: 0
King of crops, the potato: 1
>>
>"Damn, I'm running low on meat. Wish I had a decent source of it"
>Manhunter pack shows up
>31 wargs

Randy, you smartass piece of shit. You know this isn't what I had in mind. On the flip side, I finally have a use for my mortars.
>>
File: plumphelmet.png (130B, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
plumphelmet.png
130B, 100x100px
>>154942739
Rimworld needs a plump helmet mod.
>>
Its so dumb that colonists cant just wear multiple layers of clothes to stay warm. Itd be perfectly fine to wear 5 layers of tshirts to stay warm when theres no parka available.
>>
>Not making a mixed meal

Potatoes get boring after a while, rice gets boring after a while

But rice with potatoes is pretty baller
>>
>>154943489

I know right? Mix milk with rice and a few strawberries though? Nom.
>>
>>154943489
my DF playing days still force me to plant each type of food I have available and to hunt as diverse a selection as possible even though rimworld doesn't give a shit about it.
>>
>>154943605
I prefer potatoes and milk.
>>
>>154942739

But you can make vodka out of rice. And rice is the most efficient plant.

Rice: 9001
Potato: 1
>>
>>154943489
Too bad RW doesn't simulate anything as complicated as different food preferences and getting bored of the same shit always.
>>
>>154943870
Eh, you'd think it'd be already implemented, considering the base stuff is there

With joy, the more you do something, the less effective it is, so you'd just take that and apply it to each type of food

Maybe have a ranking of favourite foods that give a higher joy increment when eaten, to dislikes (Eww, Pemmican)
>>
>>154944005
Dwarf Fortress does all of that. Rimworld doesn't and probably never will.

The dev's focus seems to be
>muh storyteller
>muh combat
>>
File: 20160916200325_1.jpg (135KB, 1436x859px) Image search: [Google]
20160916200325_1.jpg
135KB, 1436x859px
thus begins our military installation in the extreme desert
we have packaged meals for a month, and are well supplied with building materials and medicine by our glitterworld sponsor

any civilized folk who discover our presence here will be killed. natives are to be captured and used as labor or test subjects.

any cool name suggestions?
>>
I'm so thankfull i'm one of the french fag potatos lover and not one the two guys fighting over rice and corns.
>>
>>154944319
some variation of unit 731
>>
>>154944319

The Prison of Glitternamo
>>
Real men don't mess with gay plant shit. Real men hunt.
>>
>>154944508
>Real men get killed by tortoises

Tell me when the mobs aren't bullshit
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-16+at+09.04.29).jpg (624KB, 1896x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-16+at+09.04.29).jpg
624KB, 1896x1050px
Remember Killbox 01 for frenchs?

>>154861073
>>154861297
>>154863308

He made a new atrocity.
>>
>>154944508
and whats the "real >>>>>MAN<<<<<" going to do? live on simple meals forever? LOL!
>>
>>154944813
this triggers the autist
>>
>>154944760
>Tell me when the mobs aren't bullshit

ok, right now
>>
>>154944760
right now familia
>>
>>154945005
You sure?

I just had 3 people die to a squirrel. They had shotguns 2 shot eachother, the third got 2 slugs to the chest and was nibbled to death. Holy fuck I keep rolling -20s
>>
>>154944005

There already is a system for that.

>nutrient paste
>cannibalism
>>
File: z.png (300KB, 609x459px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
300KB, 609x459px
>>154943280
Screw rice and corn. Wargs are the best food source.
>>
>>154945089
your fault for friendly fire, your fault for not melee killing the squirrel with 3 femelle clons when it got close, your fault for not reading the tooltips and realizing shotguns have an inherent malus for accuracy, your fault for not hunting with a rifle or better, your fault for even hunting a meatless squirrel, your fault for a lot of things i can't find because i don't have a ss of your colony
>>
>>154945089
>Holy fuck I keep rolling -20s
Nah, it's just you being amazingly incompetent.
>>
>>154945213
Why are you letting your pawns wear power armour helmets?
>>
>>154944839
>not eating it raw
Why not just slap on a gay pride button?
>>
>>154944813
install the more traps mod and have fun with that
it should work well with your fascination of death corridors
>>
My backyard is going to be comfy against raider once the two entry are walled.

I want to go full Fortress mode and mine my way into the mountain at the south.
>>
>>154945289
I've reached the point where half the raiders I get are packing power armor and charge rifles. It's kind of hard for my colonists to not end up in power armor.

Also, in his case, he needs the extra protection for bacon frying.
>>
>>154945412
Will try that
>>
File: 20160916212219_1.jpg (272KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160916212219_1.jpg
272KB, 1804x1014px
>>154945492

Forget screenshot.
>>
>>154945607

Sure, but letting your colonists wear them out of combat is a waste. Untick them from the assign menu and force them on when combat happens.
>>
>>154945717
Why is French such an ugly fucking language? It sounds like garbled ass and the written form is fucked.
>>
File: 20160916202027_1.jpg (169KB, 1436x859px) Image search: [Google]
20160916202027_1.jpg
169KB, 1436x859px
glitternamo bay's first visitors. we had hoped to remain undetected for somewhat longer. better get the crematorium up and running soon.
>>
>>154945973

Well, it's part because the translation is fucked. It's like when you play a barely translated russian game and it look like a kid with the syndrome of down, a redondant cromosome and too many vaccins written it.
>>
>>154946264

No, I meant French in general.
>>
>>154946345

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaU3bE7M2UA
>>
>>154945837
Unnecessary tedium. You don't need that tiny bit of extra productivity you'd get without power armor.
>>
>>154946564

French is slimy and disgusting. It has no backbone.
>>
Do i need to build real wall or just mine my way in the mountain without receiving mood debuffs?
>>
>>154947278
Mine walls are ugly but if you smooth floors it shouldn't matter much.
>>
>>154947278
>>154947387

Smooth floors if you don't have many bricks, but at least put some in the room where people will spend a lot of awake time (rec, dining). Also, sterile floor for hospital is a must, and it speeds up research. Not critical, but nice to have.
>>
>>154947628

Yeah, i'm gonna get nice floor for every one, i was just wondering about the wall.
>>
>>154947858

Each mined wall is -1 beauty, I think. So a couple of daylily pots will take care of that.
>>
>>154947976
>daylillies
>0 (zero) food per time grown
INEFFICIENT
>>
>happened in my mines and not my base
bitchin

should I allow it to grow out of control so I can make the most of it or should I nip this in the bud right now?
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>154948316
>>
>>154948492
let it grow, it will give you something fun to do from time to time
>>
>>154948581
t. hannibal lecter
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
I mostly just want to see how much jelly I can get out of this.
>>
>>154949442

Why is Mary down?
>>
>>154949858
i bet she got drunk
>>
File: 1422651766616.png (6KB, 156x162px) Image search: [Google]
1422651766616.png
6KB, 156x162px
>finally figured out that potatoes are the best crop when adjusting for time, resources, space, growth, and productivity
>>
>>154948158
That's wrong, actually. They do have a nutrition value.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>154949858
no idea
>>
>>154950427
explain yourself
and don't let the treefag hear you
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
rest in peace food binger that avoided all the luxurious meals and went for the jelly

oh shit, my chemical fascination people aren't gonna go for the jelly on binges are they?
>>
File: 1422651766618.png (9KB, 212x162px) Image search: [Google]
1422651766618.png
9KB, 212x162px
>>154950652
It's not like it's difficult or anything, the numbers are there, you just gotta do the math. It's just so annoying to me that I've been doing shit like hydroponic rice all this time.
>>
>>154950584
its an epoe bug
you might have to do some save editing to get her up again
you will have to find and delete this line for that specific colonist from your save file
<healthState>Down</healthState>
got it from the last post here : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.1395
another dude said that he got his pawn fixed by removing the prosthetic ( was an ear bandage for them )
>>
>>154936389
I have a melee fighter I use to clear infestations she's so good
>>
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
oh boy, I just realized I have one of these bad boys.

now I can REALLY have some fun with this.

>>154951102
save editing it shouldn't be too hard, pretty much all I have to do is save, find the file, ctrl f mary and then take that of.
>>
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
ah man they're gonna fuck it up by constantly caving themselves in.
>>
>>154765982
The storyteller goes apeshit, in what way?
>>
Do carpets on cables prevent the debuff?
>>
>>154952180
yes they will
i had a colony that let a bug hive reach its max size, it was a constant spam of roof collapses
>>
Do ship reactors generate heat?
>>
>>154952205

They throw so many hostiles at you it's literally a flood.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
oh god damnit, everyone's stressed out already.
>>
Does an AI chip prevent the effects of normal brain damage as long as the chip isnt fully destroyed? And does it regenerate like other bionic parts? Or will getting shot in the head with an AI chip installed just make me retarded again.

Basically I'm asking is it an upgrade or just a fully functional replacement
>>
So why don't save files have the same name as the colony?
>>
>>154952553
So it scales by how many colonists you have.
>>
>>154952441

Better question is, do smelters and crematoriums? If not, why the fuck not?
>>
>>154952703
No. He's talking about a storyteller parameter, desiredPopulationCritical.
>>
>manhunting elephant pack
>3 survive downed
>well shit, I don't have a kennel/barn yet, lemme make something real quick, tamed elephants sound awesome.
>throw some animal sleeping spots down in my dining room
>once they're patched up and ambulatory, they start drinking my beer
>like, REALLY drinking it
>blackout drunk wild elephants passing out in my dining hall.
>>
>>154952917
Game of the year?
>>
>>154953049

GoaT
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
god damnit they walked into the killbox, what the fuck did they expect
>>
>>154952917
>>154953049

you can kill thrumbos by walling them in a small eough space and putting beer with them, they'll literally drink themselves to death cuz it will be the only source of nutrients in the room
>>
File: capture_015_16092016_135707.png (41KB, 552x317px) Image search: [Google]
capture_015_16092016_135707.png
41KB, 552x317px
>>154953049
How can you not love an elephant with a pounding hangover?

I'm not even mad that 3 elephants drank like 20 beer.
>>
File: 1425084704629.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1425084704629.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>thinking of buying slave from pirate ship
>about to buy her
>check health to see if all parts are there
>luciferium need
dodged a bullet there
>>
>>154953204

That's a fucking waste of beer. Just wall them in a room with a few heaters and heatstroke them to death.
>>
it was just a test to see how well I'd actually do against the infestation but the goddam animals overran me.
>>
>>154953204
Wouldn't walling them off without beer starve them?
>>
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
sweet they just decided to go out there instead of stick around the base.
>>
>>154953578

They'd start bashing the walls, I think.
>>
>>154953427
>>154953578
more fun

gives a nice taste to the meat
>>
File: LEGION.png (1MB, 1016x716px) Image search: [Google]
LEGION.png
1MB, 1016x716px
Why?
>>
>>154953696

So you can hit them all efficiently with something explosive.
>>
>>154953651
the room where the hive is now will double and more by the time its fully grown
bugs just love digging
>>
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
oh man I just realized I can do something horribly cruel.

caravan incoming soon.
>>
File: 5634635.png (31KB, 603x503px) Image search: [Google]
5634635.png
31KB, 603x503px
hnnghh that trait combo
>>
Someone give me a good looking, functional killbox
I'm tired of seeing everyone else's, having something similar only to have everyone in the chat kick up a stink about it
>>
>>154954562
Just don't build an exploit-y killbox. Think of your colony as a real place, and think how you'd defend it. It's gonna look a lot less silly, and provide more of a normal challenge.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-09-13 01.23.34.png (2MB, 1928x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-09-13 01.23.34.png
2MB, 1928x1064px
>>154949442

I had an infestation in a mine myself, I capped out at 1200 odd jelly.

However, after some time, the nests just despawned and the bugs ate all the remaining jelly.

Pic related was from a rescue operation. A group of guests decided to leave through the mines, a bad fucking idea.
>>
Come on, Ms. Pew. You've been jailed for, like, 15 minutes? YOU WERE BINGING ON COCAINE, YOU MOTHERFUCKER. I won't deal with addicts, cocaine is for selling.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
after I'm done hunting everything on the map currently because I'm low on food, I'm gonna seal of the opening in my entrance and call in a few caravans who will only have the option to go directly through the hive.

shit, why don't I just leave it like that and just have all the raids go through there until all the bugs are dead.

thanks bugbros
>>
>>154955164
what is your naming system?
>>
I reloaded the save three times and it always gives me this near the evening. It's always the same two colonists. Fuck everything about this disease.
>>
>>154955164
>cocaine is for selling

crack is for selling. Cocaine is for making go-juice (heroin?). You can make literally twice as much crack as cocaine with the same amount of psychoid leaves for only 25% less value per unit.
>>
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
OH GOD DAMNIT NOT ANOTHER ONE
>>
>>154952617
PLEASE HELP
>>
>>154955581
Shifts, followed by a short nickname.
L = late night (sleep 2:00 - 8:00)
O = night owl (sleep 8:00 - 14:00)
E = early bird (sleep 14:00 - 20:00)
D = day (sleep 20:00 - 2:00)

>>154955772
I thought by the description is wouldn't sell by much... nice to know, I'll check it and either do speedball (go-juice) or flakes. Thank you for the info!
And go-juice is speedball (heroin
>>
>>154956115
The difference between flake and yayo is like 1.5 space bucks per unit. However, yayo takes 14 leaves while flake takes 7 and half the time to cook up. Clearly, flake is the better choice for sales.

You should always have some coke on hand though since it's far superior for positive thoughts than crack or pot.
>>
>>154955796
Wall the mines in, love. When you actually want to go in for some jelly, you just deconstruct the wall. Come on, we shouldn't have to teach you these things.
>>
File: 20160916234124_1.jpg (249KB, 1804x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160916234124_1.jpg
249KB, 1804x1014px
Tactical IA.
>>
>>154956798

Oh god, i can't believe my eyes.

The fucking sapper mined his way to the last bloc, mined it, then he has litteraly go backward to go around the mountain directly into my killzone.

The fuck is that guy.
>>
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
this "imediate military aid" is kinda underwhelming considering this is FOUR squads
>>
File: yoley.jpg (398KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yoley.jpg
398KB, 1920x1080px
I had to wall off the yay so this white girl couldn't get her hands on it. also, I got some fresh cryopods, I don't know what to do with
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-16+at+11.55.40).jpg (802KB, 1896x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-16+at+11.55.40).jpg
802KB, 1896x1050px
Shall I open them ?
>>
Ms. Pew, please. Not again. I'm calling Mr. Pew to jail you again.
Thread posts: 777
Thread images: 149

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.