[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 778
Thread images: 85

File: BEBEGEE.png (975KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
BEBEGEE.png
975KB, 1000x700px
NIGHTMARE SLAIN: >>153409803

>Patch 1.09 Info
http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
http://www.bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:http://imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
http://pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
http://pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
http://pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
http://pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
http://ssjnugget.imgur.com
>>
>>153578092
First for the Great Ones
>>
>>153578505
Why would you want to get Cronenberg'd just to gain 'insight'?
>>
Official Byrgenwrrth Name Bastardization List

Burgerwerth
Burgertown
Bob's Burgers
Five Guys Burgers and Eyes
McWillem's

Am I missing any?
>>
>>153579321
Incomplete game
>>
>>153579321
Cronenburger but that's a stretch.
>>
>>153575112
Old Hunter's Bone is fun especially on Quality builds and Beast Roar is incredibly useful especially against certain bosses(read: Micolash)
>>
File: wew bats.png (939KB, 1024x1114px)
wew bats.png
939KB, 1024x1114px
>tfw killing a boss with a cannon
>tfw killing a boss with A Call Beyond
>>
>>153579575
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 934x834px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 934x834px
>>153580572
>tfw killing a boss with a Wheel Splash
>>
>>153580572
That guy does use the Rosemarius and Flamesprayer right?
>>
>>153580331
I haven't gotten to Micolash yet but I think I'm pretty far in the game so it must be sooner rather than later.
>>
>>153581750
Don't know that pic was taken back when TOH released
>>
>>153582000
Fucking checked.
>>
>when should I start DLC, like what level and after what boss
>how badly am I gimping myself by not going 50 vit (completed chalice dungeons with like 20 vit)
>>
>>153582508
Post-Mergo
You don't need to go over 40VIT
>>
What are some good weapons to go for with an arcane build? Thinking about trying that.
>>
>>153582508
I did it after Nightmare of Mensis.

>tfw doing a new playthrough now and I'm going to try to tackle the DLC as soon as I kill Amelia.
I don't know how tough it's going to be. Fishing Hamlet and those anchor whales gave me hell even when I was lvl 100.
>>
>>153582508
As long as you have the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter you can go there at any time.

>>153582715
Threaded Cane
Saw Spear
Kos
*insert non split-damage weapon here
>>
>>153582836
What about the purple Cthulhu face giant? I think I was around 70 when I went to the nightmare and got my shit pushed in a couple times by that faggot.
>>
>>153582715
>>153583038
I forgot WHEEL and Holy Moonlight Sword.
Moonbeams FTW

>>153583129
Parry2Win
>>
Only just barely made it through one playthrough of endless screaming and shit music before going back to the Nioh beta. Sure the other souls games are just as yelly but this game has so many boner-killing issues that it seems so much worse.

Having to farm for estus in this one is fucking stupid. Why they'd try out something new that sounds bad even on paper is just absurd.

Whoever made that fucking bird thing the final boss and let you wander around like there was something more after that is a fucking hack (it was probably miyazaki). Like, are you just supposed to go backtrack through old areas looking for little side areas and then just trigger the ending once you feel like it? What kind of epic grand finale is that? Even DS2 had a more interesting ending than that - you beat the boss, you're shown the ending and you get some epic poetry to go with it. In this game you walk up to the guy in the wheelchair that doesn't have anything to do with anything and he just kills you and that's it.

And that's all without mentioning the key items that don't do shit, like that chalice, or the stone some dude in a house gave me, or that key in the fucked up city with the mimics that shoot at you that doesn't open fucking anything. This game is just so blatantly unfinished, and in ways far worse than any of that 6 weapons memery. Do these things that sound important only work if you drop another $30 on the DLC or some shit?

How the hell can people be so fanatical about this? It sure can't be because of the story since you barely have any idea what you're doing or what any of these fags in top hats are doing here (there isn't even an explanation for why you respawn which all the other souls games and Nioh have), or the gameplay since only like half the weapons feel any more badass than any of the fucking longswords in DS3. What kind of mindset do you have to enjoy this so much that you'd play it over and over, let alone maintain a fucking general about it?
>>
>>153583201
>Parry2Win
This is my answer literally every time. Apparently I'm pretty decent at everything but parrying.
>>
>>153583248
Did you make sure to remember to update your Bloodborne to v1.10?
>>
>>153583248
(you)
>>
>>153583248
New copypasta?
>>
>>153583248
>Whoever made that fucking bird thing the final boss
>He hasn't faced the True Final Boss yet
I bet you haven't even fought Gerhman
git gud you filthy skrub
>>
File: 1461984522610.jpg (631KB, 800x698px)
1461984522610.jpg
631KB, 800x698px
To my great shame, I have created a FRC Ihyll with ROM at the end

While the fight itself is a disgusting array of 1-hit kills from your peripheral vision, I'm sure some of you madmen are keen for this rare gem farming opportunity!

Nothing of note in the side areas that I remember. Bring crowd control, the fetid offering filled the place with those long-leg buff shamans and their nude crew

54qzue4e

1st boss hatchet/Cannon giant, 2nd boss Keeper of the Old Lords, so those ezfrags shouldn't delay you long.
>>
anyone that needs help on ps4?
>>
File: 967.jpg (26KB, 608x708px)
967.jpg
26KB, 608x708px
>>153583248
>this entire post

ABSOLUTELY

M A J E S T I C
A
J
E
S
T
I
C
>>
>>153584403
Only on Dreamcast, sorry :/
>>
>>153584403
Bloodborne is literally and unironically a PS4 exclusive. You know this yes? Because Sonyggers are master race.
>>
>>153584403
Nah, I need help on my Xbox though
>>
>>153583565
>Gerhman
I don't even know who this is and I looked everywhere, I checked all the houses in the forest, I went back to where that guy with the stone was, I even killed that shitty NPC in the church with the two daggers and got fuck all from that. If there was REALLY something I fucking missed the devs are fucking stupid for hiding an all important thing in a tiny fucking corner with no indication of where it is.

Another fucking stupid thing I didn't mention is how you have to farm 10000 souls to get the gate open to go to the second boss. That shit was beyond fucking stupid, I was so sure there was an alternative hidden away somewhere but nope. Now that fucking staircase at the end of the area with the gatling gun guy past the lantern that goes up into the fucking ceiling seems like it would've been a pretty good place for a secret passage since if I've got the geography right that area is like right beneath everything else, but seeing how they clearly rushed this game out the fucking door to get started on DS3 as fast as possible that doesn't do shit or go anywhere either.

Actually the layout of that whole area is fucking weird - you come in through big doors, the boss is just to the right, and there's a big staircase that takes you to the upper area, then there's the gatling gun guy to the right at the top of that section, which just takes you right back down again, and there's fuck all between there and the starting point, so it's just one big pointless circle. What, did they just make that whole area so the guy could give you a gesture and his shitty pile bunker thing?

I could bitch about the level design for hours but I'll stop there. I'm just a little mad that I spend $40 on this game and it doesn't seem like anything more than a shitstain on the good souls name.
>>
File: 1432575580859.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432575580859.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
>>153585149
>>
File: b8d.jpg (35KB, 528x297px)
b8d.jpg
35KB, 528x297px
>>153585149
>killed Mergo
>doesn't know who Gehrman is
Literally how
>>
For an Arcane build, Ludwig's Holy Blade or the Holy Moonlight Sword?
>>
>>153585434
technically you could go the whole game without hearing his name if the only time you spoke to him was at the very end and you didn't speak to the doll before rushing to the ending
>>
>>153585149
You're either bound and determined to continue this, for which I applaud you because this is really well written as a complaint shitpost or you're actually being serious which in that case, holy fucking shit you're a literal scrublord
>>
>>153585149
>/dsg/
>>
>>153584871
Oh wtf. I thought it was released on PC too.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 554x286px)
image.jpg
57KB, 554x286px
>>153585149
>>153583248
Come back once you have more eyes
>>
>>153585502
Holy Moonlight Sword for Str/Arc, Memeblade for Pure Arc. But really if you were going Pure Arc then don't bother with the Memeblade, those points for the requirements are better spent on Vit or Arc.
>>
>>153585816
It probably should have been, but it wasn't, so PS4 fanboys can sperg out over it. Just one of those things.
>>
>>153585434
He is clearly just a beta faggot fuccboi who wants attention for having his ass be empty of dick and cum for so long

He wants his fill
>>
>>153586008
Sony contract, it isn't personal, PCfag
>>
File: 1357189127728.jpg (323KB, 803x1065px)
1357189127728.jpg
323KB, 803x1065px
>Go to the Fishing Hamlet overleveled as hell, just about to fight Mergo's Tittymommy
>10+ Hunter's Axe, 9+ Cannon, even dropped some ARC so I can use the Blacksky Eye as a longrange tool
>Feeling confident

>Killed in one hit by the new giant-type enemies because they can stunlock you with their most common move
>Fishdogs buffed to have a stun move
>Every common enemy is also now an archer
>Also mages that attack you through walls

What the fuck. What the fuck? This is the hardest area in a Souls game. I adored Blighttown and I played through it on 1.0, why is this so torturous? It shouldn't be like this.
>>
>>153586321
I have a PS4 and a PC powerful enough for gaming. I ain't even mad. Console war fanboyism is still gay though.
>>
>>153586008
You, realize Sony funded the game, don't you? It'd be like if Halo got ported to PS4 or Destiny got ported to Xbone.
>>
>>153586408
>1.0
Well there's your problem

Git Gud you skrub
Shaman Bone Blade helps
>>
>>153586632
they didn't just fund the game, Japan Studio co developed the fucking thing (though looking at DS3 co-develop might be putting it lightly)
>>
>>153586408
It's my most favourite/least favourite area in the game.
>that fucking gloomy, dark atmosphere
>creepy as fuck and water-themed
>fucking whale giant assholes
>Orphan of Kos at the end
My reasons for loving it are the same as my reasons for hating it.
>>
>>153586632
I did not realize that, no. Makes more sense though. Like I said I have a PS4 so I'm not worried about it anyway.
>>
>>153586809
Can't you just hack the PS4 software into your PC so you can play BB with better hardware?

PS4 sucks nowadays compared to the latest Corei7s
>>
>>153586767
Blighttown and, to an extension everything in DS1, is tortuously hard in 1.0. The gargoyles, for example, drop less than 10,000 souls. And only one NPC sells the rocks that cure Curse, and only two of them. And Curse stacks, so fuck you if it ever gets you twice.

I tried to use the SBB, I can never get the timing right. I couldn't use it on the big Nightmare Apostle, either.

Can you even say Byrgenwerth did anything wrong when Kos's Great One influence made all the townspeople into horrible fish abominations? Really, they were doing the right thing.
>>
>>153583248
Whoever bothered to write this really needs some happiness in his or her life.
>>
One thing I like about BB is that it combines the idea of bonfires and archstones. I just wish you could populate the dream with NPCs. I guess the bath messengers sort of kill the point of it since they sell everything, on top of there not being any techniques to teach.

I suppose the chapel is the next best thing.
>>
>>153579321
McRomalds
>>
>>153587452
>Can you even say Byrgenwerth did anything wrong when Kos's Great One influence made all the townspeople into horrible fish abominations? Really, they were doing the right thing.

Well, the villagers worshipped her corpse, they were farming the parasites on her body probably for food and stuff, the area down past the lighthouse is filled to the brim with parasites. Burgertown came in and decided to kill everyone to see if they had eyes in their brains, villagers were pretty much just minding their own business.
>>
Is a quality/arc build viable?
I'm thinking 28/25/40 or 25/25/50, with lower VIT/END
>>
>>153583248
>>153585149
from the sounds of things, even ignoring the DLC it sounds like you somehow missed at least half the game, seems to me you might want to start a new game and follow a guide this time around

I know /bbg/ recommends doing a blind playthrough for your first run, but I think this illustrates one of the flaws with that, you can easily end up missing a huge amount of the game and thus end up lowering one's enjoyment
>>
>>153588207
I did Cruel Fate 40/12/25/25/5/40 at BL97 with the Holy Moonlight Sword. It was pretty viable. Though I would knock some points off Skill for 50 Arcane if you wanted to stay around 98.
>>
>>153588207
I've never tried it but that sounds awful. I could be wrong.
>>
>>153588662
I don't really think it's a flaw of a blind playthrough, my first was blind and I still knew who Gehrman was considering he introduced himself at the beginning of the fucking game

It's more of a retard test than a flaw, and that guy failed it
Miserably
>>
>>153588778
Thanks for the heads up. I've preferred skill weapons to everything else but want to try everything new from the DLC.

>>153588824
I'm not counting on it being exceptional by any means. I may just restart after trying out all the weapons and min/maxing.

That is, if PvP has gotten any better since I last played..
>>
>>153588207
>>153588824
It's incredibly viable especially if you are using the WHEEL or the HMLS
>>
>>153589270
The only credit I'll give him is "letting the spooky ayy lmaos grab hold of you".

On a blind run, no one would think to let something grab them, potentially killing them.
>>
>>153587970
If Kos was the first Great One they discovered, the catalyst to everything, what did Hamburglenworthy do before they discovered Kos? Willem only realized they needed to line their brains with eyes to see more after extensive researching, and the concept itself is fucking stupid and can only have come from a madman who had been exposed to Great One stuff for too long, to the point that even within Willem's lifetime, from his time as an old man to an even older busted-up old man, everyone's forgotten what that nonsense even meant.
>>
>>153589674
I believe Byrgenwerth started out with the Chalices, exploring the old labyrinths. I think that's where the idea got started.
>>
>>153589674
Why were people seeking Great One knowledge in the first place? Was it all just man's desire to seek further knowledge?
>>
>>153589615
If you hear Patches, that motherfucker, tell you to go to the Cathedral to meet the godhead, you realistically should've. In my experience walking to the door and trying to open it, turning around and running away puts you in the exact spot of the Amygdala's grab. The only way you could've missed it is if you ignored Patches entirely, and that makes you a dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>153589890
But the Church discovered Ebby-chan in a Chalice. They couldn't have went chalice-delving before meeting Kos, if she was the first Great One.

>>153589908
I assumed it was generic "dude let's shove this juice into people to see what happens" research that happened in the Victorian era to the Industrial revolution. That was the time that Stupid Science was born, like electroshocking your brain to fix it. Basically the thought process was "Well, why shouldn't we put a current through his brain or inject him with alien slime? We have the stuff right here and it might fix his sore foot if we did."
>>
File: 1471457346254.png (691KB, 1000x1012px)
1471457346254.png
691KB, 1000x1012px
>>153590396
Ebrietas was discovered by the Choir. The Choir was established some time after the Church's foundation, but the Church was founded on "Old Blood" recovered from the labyrinths. What exactly that blood is is unknown, but it couldn't have been Ebrietas's.
>>
>>153590396
>"Well, why shouldn't we put a current through his brain or inject him with alien slime? We have the stuff right here and it might fix his sore foot if we did."
Ahh yes. Those were the days...
>>
>>153589949
How are you supposed to know that the invisible force that grabs you is the godhead? How do you even know it's Patches that talks to you?
>>
>>153589674
>>153590396
And another thing. People like Gehrman, Willem and Laurence were around during the fishing village massacre, which means it can't have been more than 15, maybe 20 years ago in-universe. How did they go from normal Victorian England to some mild beastage but still mostly under wraps to "lol now we can make Great Ones like Rom and the Celestial Emissary just for funsies" in less than even one person's lifetime? It can't have even been 10 years between the Living Failures and Research Hall fiasco and the Orphanage being full of little Gutsbabbies, working Insight Harvesters and actual Great Ones that can make contact. How did they advance so quickly? It reached a point where Shin Iosefka can make ayy lmaos that act as antennas and has Oedon impregnate her in a dingy-ass shit-lab without anything but her own blood. And everyone references it like it was a long-ass time ago! Yahargul was still a normal town when the millennials inside it were born! And yet old hunters are spoken of like they're the fuckin' Jedi in the OT.

>>153590828
Willem fears the Old Blood. The entire church seems to, despite openly worshiping Amygdala, or at least Amygdala-like beings. It's implied this Old Blood is Pthumerian in nature, but Mergo and the other Great Ones ended up destroying Pthumerian society so it's hard to tell. But given the heretics of Mensis end up trying to beckon Mergo, and the Pthumerian Queen birthed him, it can be assumed Mergo's blood is what the Old Blood refers to.
I guess what I'm saying is, why doesn't anyone ACTUALLY fear the old blood?
>>
>>153591431
>"Step lightly round to the right of the great cathedral, and seek an ancient, shrouded church... The gift of the godhead will grant you strength..." "
People STILL don't read item descriptions
>>
>>153591431
You're not supposed to know Amy G is the godhead. But Patches sends you there on the promise of godhead, and then you should get snatched trying to open the door, because it's timed in that kind of way and the grab is wide enough for it.

If you've played DS1 or Demon's Souls, you'll know Patches. It's the same voice actor and speech patterns that are instantly recognizable.
>>
>>153589270
I was trying to be nice to the guy
>>
>>153591452
I think Laurence did fear the old blood, but believed that he could control it and use it for good. A classic tragic downfall, really, he had the best of intentions but was ultimately working with things beyond his control. And I think only the Choir and Mensis really knew what they were dealing with after Laurence died, most of the Church, especially after the Old Hunters are all gone, do seem like they were trying their best to help. It was the Choir and Mensis who were doing the fucked-up shit because muh eyes.
>>
>>153591730
>The church dindu nuffin
>they good boys and girls
>nee mo money fo dem beast purges

You're not fooling me again, motherfucker. Amelia transformed into a reindogger just to kill me, and the fact that there are still things like the Cleric Beast and Gascoigne transforming means they didn't fear the old blood either.
>>
>>153591452
I think it was a bit longer than that, just looking at how established the Cathedral Ward is. Gehrman's a old man in the time of the game, so it could have been thirty, even forty years back.

But even then, just look at how fast technology has come in the past twenty or thirty years for us, and we're not even dealing with sacred blood and godly other-dimensional beings.

The whole Beast Scourge has been going on for several years, probably far longer than that, and any harrowing event is going to make things before it seem a lot nicer and better. And Yharnam's only gotten worse as time goes on, people long for the days when the Old Hunters were about everywhere, because the city was still a ways away from being completely fucked, while in the game it's almost completely gone.

Imagine you're five years old and you have to hide at night from the beasts, and ten years later you still have to hide at night from the beasts. Back in the day, you could look up at all the Old Hunters running about and fighting, but now it's mostly the townsfolk who have to take arms, and hunters are barely seen.
>>
>>153591684
My main point is letting it grab you. When I saw the glowy stuff, I rolled the hell out of the way the first time.

>>153591706
I myself know of Patches. I rather like him even if he is an all ways, a true Hyena.

Which lends into the point of not trusting him. If you hear Patches' familiar voice trying to give you advice you'd take it with the salt mine.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to get to the Nightmare Frontier blind, I'm trying to say I can see how one would either miss it/decide not to listen to a habitual liar.
>>
>>153582508
You don't greentext every post my dude. gbt reddit
>>
>>153592502
>My main point is letting it grab you. When I saw the glowy stuff, I rolled the hell out of the way the first time.
>Hmm this item description says to go to the right of the church
>I've killed all the enemies, and now there is nothing that is dynamic in this area
>Except for a portal that flies around when I walk close to the door
>hmm I wonder what is supposed to happen
>>
>>153584349
>cannon giant
Huh, don't see him very often.
>>
>>153592502
On my blind pt i read the description and went to that area. Past the doors is yahargul and the only thing interesting is the ball of energy so i took the chance as its a video game so i dgaf if i die like autistics.
Like fuck i cant even type andi figured that out ya dumb fuck, learn to blame yourself instead of inanimate objects.
>>
>>153592068
I'm not saying the Church dindu nuffin. I'm saying that the current generation of the Church was fighting a losing battle.

Blood ministration had become a widespread thing, and while it was leading to the Beast Scourge, the entire city had come to depend on it. Their choices were starve everyone of blood and destroy the city, or keep trying to fight the beasts.

I believe a rather common Gothic theme is that the sins of the previous generations will continue to haunt the present. Laurence and Co. fucked up, but there's nothing the current Church can do about it but struggle and hope things might get better.
>>
What parts of Bloodborne lore haven't been touched pretty much at all?
>>
>>153592929
None. All of it has basically been covered.
>>
>>153593098
I basically only ask because I make lore videos from time to time and I'm making BB shit now because I'm sort of fed up with Souls lore.

Everyone's sperging about DS3 DLC but pretty much everything that can be said has been said about the info available.
>>
Naybody want to help me with abhorrent beast in ailing loran?
>>
>>153593285
>lore videos
Vaati, please fuck off.
>>
>>153593316
sure famalama

you got a password so I can SRRC in?
>>
>>153593367
Not Vaati. I talk shit on him all the time. He's even emailed me about it.
>>
>>153592501
Willem was an elderly man in the cutscene after Amelia, and he's downright decrepit when you meet him. He literally couldn't have survived any longer than 20 more years given this is Victorian England and he was already at least late 50s.

We have proper research methods and trials for new drugs and such, instead of the Yharnam method of shoving shit into people and seeing how they mutate. Modern, advanced methods are so much better it's not a fair comparison.

The Beast Scourge is a new thing. It's caused by the Blood of the Great Ones and the Healing Church's blood ministration. so it can't have been around before the church. Regardless of nostalgia, you can still see things that are out of their own time. Cainhurst, for instance, is built upon the same type of Blood as the Church, and yet those pompous motherfuckers live in the oldest castle in the world and are spoken about like they were an ancient group. And Eileen can't be more than 60 years old, to still be fighting. She's not even an Old Hunter around for the first scourge, so she must've become a Hunter late in life. Yet her weapon is described as one of the earliest in the Workshop. And the Powder Keggers! I don't recall if Djura founded them or not, but their badges make them sound like a much older organization than less than 15 years old. Not to mention fucking Paarl, and the whole of Yahargul being filled to bursting with evil eldritch shit when it hasn't even been a problem for a lifetime. How do people not look at that and think "I was alive in a time where there weren't statues of malformed horrors, I wonder why the church decided to make those one day as pat of their platform on giving us all healing blood and killing the beasts that arose suspiciously close to its own establishment"?
>>
>>153593641
What's your channel, then? I need to shitpost at you.
>>
>>153593316
Never mind, someone helped me.
>>
>>153593743
>The Beast Scourge is a new thing. It's caused by the Blood of the Great Ones and the Healing Church's blood ministration.

You're forgetting about Loran famalam.
>>
>>153592929
>>153593285
maybe some of the weirder enemies could be discussed, I'm sure that some interesting things could be thought up regarding the Church Doctors, Church Giants, and Executioners alone
>>
>>153584349
Fuck it I've taken the plunge to this depth 5 Rom, dese gems better be good

my password is bbg123 if anyone wants to assist in a bossfight sure to be pure cancer
>>
File: UTmvzfD.png (762KB, 516x1011px)
UTmvzfD.png
762KB, 516x1011px
>>153593793
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfCP3U-GdHs

Shitpost away anon. We aren't all bad.

>>153594001
Then this^ is for you as well
>>
>>153593512
I took him. But taking a tour in the 1lz chalice now if you want to co-op! ringing with no password, or should I use password? Never sure abou this things
>>
File: 1467611172147.jpg (59KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
1467611172147.jpg
59KB, 407x407px
>that cozy feeling when you and another hunter keep getting summoned for coop together
>>
>>153593885
The fall of Loran was also caused by those people fucking with Great One blood, right? Just like literally every Chalice location, the Old Blood ruined everything.

>>153594001
Why were they all so big, anyway? Every human enemy is gigantic compared to the player, but especially the maskmen. They're not Pthumerian, the Queen is larger than they are, but they're still huge for some undefinable reason.
>>
>>153594136
If I'm gonna catch you without the password, I have to be actually IN the dungeon and on the right floor(and I didn't have Loran right now). With a password, I can get you from the makeshift altar with the short root chalice.

Went off to do other things though, maybe next time
>>
>>153593743
Willem is a vegetable filled with eyes, I don't think going off his age is going to give anything accurate.

The nobility in Cainhurst has existed for a long time. The Vilebloods were a result of a Byrgenwerth scholar bringing forbidden blood to Cainhurst, the Vilebloods didn't just inhabit that place once they were turned.

The Powder Kegs have been around for a long time, their weapons are found in the Hunter's Nightmare. Djura's just another member. Yahar'Gul has been the home of Mensis for a while now, and seeing how it's difficult to get in or out of that place, I imagine Mensis has been running it like it's own little testing ground.
>>
>>153594198
>tfw I want to do coop with people/have playstation plus but college demands so much work from me that I barely have time to play vidya anymore
>>
>>153594234
More specifically, Loran fell because it was specifically targeted and cursed by the Great Ones. The reason why they did this isn't clear cut, but it could be that they weren't providing adequate surrogates or were trying to access the Chalice Dungeons, to the ire of the Great Ones.

I talk about it a bit here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCIfK5W8qHE

Same anon as >>153594081
>>
File: 1471536121394.jpg (201KB, 1024x768px)
1471536121394.jpg
201KB, 1024x768px
>>153591431
>Invisible
>>
>>153594556
And by targeted, I mean cursed, once they had angered the Great Ones.
>>
Is anybody currently savescumming?
>>
File: 1468209851042.jpg (452KB, 3507x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1468209851042.jpg
452KB, 3507x2480px
>>153594573
>Bloodborne doujins NEVER EVER
Why does it have to be like this?
>>
>>153594081
well I meant the enemies called Executioners(the big guys with axes), kinda confusing how there's two different things in the game called that(assuming they don't have a direct connection besides both being Church creations), unless you talk about those as well
>>
>>153595203
I touch on it.

Keep in mind that we do find several of those enemies patrolling and seemingly guarding the obelisk in Hemwick Crossing which is where you access Cainhurst Castle.

They might have been put there to make sure nobody gets to the castle to disturb Logarius.
>>
>>153594081
>ANOTHER Aussie lore-fiend

Goddamn, maybe I should start doing lore videos. Everyone else from Dinosaur Island is, it seems.

>>153594356
Willem is conscious enough to direct the player to Rom and to desire the Blood Moon's arrival. As a sidenote, Laurence and his associates, Gehrman and Willem, beckoned the Moon Presence together. However Gehrman was not imprisoned at that time, as he was in the Waking World long enough to create the doll based on Maria, which came about only after Laurence was a Cleric Beast, long after the formation of the Healing Church. Gehrman was also the first hunter, so he probably split off alongside Laurence to form the Church. This leaves the time period for when he was actually grabbed to be very unclear and weird.

Fair enough about Cainhurst. Still, Annalise talks like she's been around for a lot longer than 20 or 25 years.

The weapons in the Nightmare, from what the Badge says, aren't from the Powder Keggers. They're from the precursor organization that would go on to inspire the Powder Keggers, which is even more fucked up time-wise and makes the Powder Keggers even younger, when the game talks about them like an old-ass institution.

Mensis couldn't have been even that old. Micolash was likely a bigwig in the Mensis College, and he must've been around for the Kos incident as well as the creation of Rom at Byrgenwerth, and he definitely wasn't more than 30 or 40 years old in the Nightmare. Which means those assholes must've made contact with Mergo pretty soon after their formation as a splinter group from the church, unless Micolash was just the youngest motherfucker from Byrgenwerth ever and that explains his privvyness to closely-guarded secrets.
>>
>>153595659
Go for it. If you disregard the plagiarists, the lore community on YouTube is actually a pretty welcoming one.
>>
>>153594727
They exist but
>not scanned
>>
>>153595659
>timelines are super obscure in Miyazaki games

More news at 11.
>>
>>153594081
Alright, do you want condensed shitposting at you, or would you rather I scattershot at your videos?

Or would you rather have multiple people shitpost at you? I can invite you to the bbg discord if that one.
>>
>>153595974
I don't really mind. Match the firing style of your favourite BB gun.

Is this Discord active? I won't be around today but might jump in at some point.
>>
>>153595778
Are lore nerds even any good at the game or are they just vultures hoping for some googlebux?
>>
>>153594347
Aha, I understand. Didn't know, sorry. Another time. Going to bed now
>>
>>153596129
Depends on what you mean as "good." I've beaten all the games multiple times (except for DeS, don't have a PS3) and can hold my own in PvP.

I'm not really hoping for any money from the lore stuff. The amount of subs I have at the moment don't really net anything substantial. I was making some shekels doing the Dark Souls III lore stuff, but I got a bit burnt out on that as a topic.
>>
>>153596128
It's active, but it's full of tripfags and literal homos.

https://discord.gg/qAUDZ

Join the FCs if you haven't. THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU FUCKERS IN THE THREAD, THERE ARE LITERALLY THREE OF US ON SATURDAYS NOW
>>
>>153595832
In Dark and Demon's Souls you never went back and saw the very beginning of the entire game's problems. If there was a DLC in which you fight Allant and met the bitch with the hammer guardian, or went back and fought alongside Gwyn and Lautrec was there as a general in his army, that'd be comparable to this. But those games have those events as millennia ago instead of within a person's lifetime, so as to construct a timeline that makes any sort of sense. And at the very least, the copout of "t--t-time distortion! it flows weird in Lordran!" is an in-universe built-in failsafe for why things don't make sense, but BB doesn't have that, with dream shenanigans as its macguffin force instead.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 305x165px
>>153596129
why don't we have both?
>>
>>153596303
>join the FCs
I'm trying senpai, just gotta get myself off my ass, finish my build, and grind gems.

I doubt I'll make it by this Saturday, but perhaps the next one.
>>
>>153596298
Good news, DeS might come to PS Now on the PC. Of course, being that PS Now is like an emulator you'll still have to play it at 30 FPS and native PS3 resolution, so if you're a 'muh graffix' type of PCfag you still won't be happy.
>>
>>153596485
WHO CARES

FUCKING JOIN ANYWAY

IF I GO IN WITH AN ENDURANCE BUILD, YOU CAN GO IN WITH WHATEVER PUSSY SHIT YOU GOT
>>
>>153596303
>>153596128
>>153595974
I thought the real clubhouse was the bbg ps4 community board?
>>
>>153585149
it's ok to not shitpost anon...
>>
>>153594198
Was it you in the chalice with me now (Sonja)? Well, it was fun anyways. Going to bed now
>>
>>153583248
you played literally 40% of the game and didn't understand any of it

bravo.
>>
>>153595659
honestly I think the timeline is longer, not shorter than how you think, like I'd assume the Byrgenwyrth era prior to Laurence's schism to found the Healing Church to be at minimum 50 years ago, indeed I'd say 60-100 seems most likely, with everyone from those days still alive(outside of the Dream and the Nightmares) due to their usage of Blood and/or Insight extending their lives beyond what is natural
>>
>>153594081
As someone who has not watched Vaati's vids, why do you poop on him?

I enjoyed your take on the lore though. It's funny how similar the Executioners and the Confederation are. Both seek to rid the world of the impurity that plagues it with vehemence, though with different reasons backing them.

I find that the quote "Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good." can fit both groups fairly well.
>>
>>153594689
Bump
>>
>>153596867
Get out vaati everyone knows you steal from other yt fags.
>>
>>153596867
>As someone who has not watched Vaati's vids, why do you poop on him?
unbased assumptions given has facts and stealing from this thread.

desu most lore experts on youtube just spurt shit out there with little to no evidence

> It's funny how similar the Executioners and the Confederation are
the only diference is the scope. executioners only target vilebloods. confederates target anything that is "impure" (read: non-confederate)
>>
>>153596541
I'm an Ausfag so I'm pretty sure it won't be coming here. Honestly PS3s are so fucking cheap these days that I might just bite the bullet and buy a pre-owned one.

>>153596853
You're right about it being longer, considering how in the Vileblood Register it talks about the Cainhurst Order being around for literal "ages." If you take an "age" to roughly be 1000 years, you have a very long timeline indeed.

>>153596867
Honestly, I don't vehemently hate the guy like a lot of people do. I just have some light-hearted jokes with some other lore creators. After talking with him personally he's just a normal guy. He might have made some mistakes (that I still believe he needs to own up to properly), but yeah. If he did fuck over Redgrave, then that's really shitty.

Thanks, I appreciate that you watched the video.

That quote by Logarius is great as well. Basically removes any kind of moral responsibility from their actions.
>>
>>153597325
>You're right about it being longer, considering how in the Vileblood Register it talks about the Cainhurst Order being around for literal "ages." If you take an "age" to roughly be 1000 years, you have a very long timeline indeed.

Keep in mind cainhurst probably existed before the discoveries in the tombs of the old gods in byrgenwerth. someone stole "forbidden" blood and took it there, implying it was allready an important location. i'd gander that cainhurst is as old, or older than byrgenwerth
>>
File: 1456873087787.jpg (205KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1456873087787.jpg
205KB, 1300x866px
>500 vermin crushed
PVP can be fun but coop will always be tops.
>>
>>153596853
The only blood we've seen to extend life was the one the Vilebloods used, and they were seen as abominations and got themselves WHEELED by Logarius. Who was also alive when Alfred was younger. In addition, a Byrgenwerth scholar is, supposedly, who allowed the Cainhurstians to become Vilebloods, but Byrgenwerth has been forbidden by the Church and lies in ruin. If Logarius wheeled the Vilebloods to death after they became immortal monsters while Alfred was 10, and Alfred is now 35 (given his sliders all lean towards Young it can be assumed he's not 35, but for argument's sake let's highball him), that's still only 25 years for Byrgenwerth to have collapsed entirely with only Willem left. Like, fuck me. Bloodborne's timeline makes no sense when you try to think about it.
>>
>>153597187
>desu most lore experts on youtube just spurt shit out there with little to no evidence

I really try to back my stuff with as much evidence as possible, if I'm speculating, I make it known.

>the only diference is the scope. executioners only target vilebloods. confederates target anything that is "impure" (read: non-confederate)

It's important to note that the Executioners would target anyone deemed a "heretic" by Logarius, or the Church, by proxy. The Executioners are equivalent to radical Muslims, honestly. It's laughable that the Healing Church can even call someone a "heretic" seeing as they aren't really a religious institution, but one of science.
>>
>>153597541
I agree that Cainhurst is older the Byrgenwerth, and perhaps the oldest institution in Yharnam (assuming you don't count the Pthumerians).

I explain some of my thoughts on Cainhurst in depth in my video about them. Here it is if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLb1ebjPxZM

I know it's long, but you can listen to it while gaming or doing something else and you won't miss much.
>>
Watcher 27.2% fire
or
Hotdog 24.8% fire + 15 fire
Which is best for stake driver and which for pizza cutter?
>>
File: 1454720532421.jpg (60KB, 781x750px) Image search: [Google]
1454720532421.jpg
60KB, 781x750px
>>153598014
Fuck off, shill your videos somewhere else.
>>
>>153598393
>shilling to literally 29 people on this thread

Yeah, shilling would REALLY benefit me here, wouldn't it?

I'm engaging in the discussion, you dumb fuck. Know the difference.
>>
there's no point in trying to figure out the time line. the game happens in a dream.

i've been thinking about this, and hear me out. we fall asleep and wake up in yharnam. it's said the messengers inhabit the dream, yet, we can see them fine in yharnam. there's many more evidence.

in the wake up ending, you literally, wake up.

i'm thinking this is like lovecraft's dreamlands. In the dream cycle, especially while following randolph carter, we see how people can live forever in the dreamlands, after they die, how time can appear convuluted or even non existant.

the one that really sticks out is the moon presence, which is clearly inspired by nyarlathotep, which was the messenger of the outer gods (odeon, or azatoth) and likes to mess with humans (read: make them mad).

perhaps the other inhabitants don't even know they're in a dream
>>
File: 1457297492118.jpg (9KB, 303x276px)
1457297492118.jpg
9KB, 303x276px
>>153598513
>I have different thoughts
>I express them in this video, check it out
>>
>>153598580
correction: when i say dream, i mean another dimmension, which is only acessed by a dream. like the dreamlands.
>>
>>153597064
I promise I'm not vaati.

>>153597187
Ah, I can see why someone would take issue with him in that case.

Also the Confederates are simply trying to do their best, pls no bully.

>>153597325
It's basically the whole 'greater good' mindset. But I also like to see it on a more personal level. Striving to do the right thing even when the rest of the world would view you as a fool. Basically it can come off as quaint or frightening depending on who says it.
>>
>>153598648
>I have thoughts that add to someone else's theory
>Here's a digestible form of those thoughts in a medium much more refined than a 4chan reply box

Honestly, I have a hard time believing that there are people this dumb.
>>
Can anyone help me with Laurence on ng+? Password will be rip&tear
>>
>>153598580
I don't think so
In the dream cycles, usually how humans enter is by astral projection from their bodies in reality, and continue to live on when their bodies eventually die
And that makes me believe that there is a grounded reality that you play in because you access the 2nd floor lecture hall by touching Micolash's corpse that he left behind when he went into the nightmare via projection

There would be no reason for a dead Micolash to touch if you weren't in the humans home reality
>>
>>153599367
I'll be there in a bit, sure.
>>
File: 1457455287091.jpg (69KB, 685x842px) Image search: [Google]
1457455287091.jpg
69KB, 685x842px
>>153599152
Because everyone will watch all those 30 minutes vids. Fuck off mate.
>>
>>153598189
27.2% for Stake Driver, Hotdog for Pizza.
>>
>>153598580
nah Yharnam isn't in the Dream, but the boundaries between the Waking World and the Dream/Nightmare are very thin in Yharnam(and it's surroundings) due to the usage of Blood and Insight, as well as contact with the Great Ones(especially the Amygdala), with that barrier becoming thinner and thinner as the game progresses, especially once you kill Rom and cause the Blood Moon to be revealed over Yharnam(Old Yharnam, Forbidden Woods, Byrgenwerth and Cainhurst don't have the Blood Moon appear as they already have their barriers to the Dream weakened for various reasons, same would probably apply to the Chalice Dungeons if there was anywhere in those where you could see the Moon)

>>153599440
exactly
>>
>>153599469
Thank you so much, I'm right outside the nightmare fog
>>
How the hell do you kill Amy with stakedriver?
When it jumps, it's usually too far away or I'm underneath it
>>
>>153599440
>In the dream cycles, usually how humans enter is by astral projection from their bodies in reality,

i have no idea wha astral projection is. in the books i read, it's quite clearly stated they are entered through dreams.

>And that makes me believe that there is a grounded reality that you play in because you access the 2nd floor lecture hall by touching Micolash's corpse that he left behind when he went into the nightmare via projection

not really. in the dream cycle we also learn about multiple dimmensions and how they interact with each other. for example. randolph carter is at the same time, a kid in his country home, an adult living 20 years later, and an explorer of the dream lands. micolash could be dead in yharnam and alive in the other dimmension, easily. he hasn't moved because, well, he's dead.

>>153599695
this i can somewhat agree to. but then some other things stop making sense. how come our "waking up" is then related to sunrise? we didn't kill the moon presence, we didn't stop the scourge or the influence of the amygdalas. all we did, was wake up.

furthermore, both the hunter's dream and yharnam have blood moons.
>>
>>153600248
furthermore, the old man in the hat (at the start of the game) says we may think it all a mere "bad dream". and the sequence were we "fall asleep" has close connections to sleep paralysis (the hallucinations, the chest pressure), further indicating a dream quality.
>>
So how is it that nobody has invaded my game at all up until I get to the Nightmare Frontier, and now I've seen like three? I probably just don't understand how the PvP works. In fact I'm certain I don't, but yeah anyone?
>>
>>153600089
Stand still
>>
>>153599076
I think the Greater Good mindset is an adequate way of putting it, basically how human decency has been thrown away in the pursuit for knowledge.
>>
>>153600089
It takes some practice to get down so just keep trying. The range on the Stake Driver''s tricked charged R2 is a little longer than it looks. I'd post my webm but I'm sure you've seen it. You can do it anon!
>>
>>153600624
On the third phase when I stand still I'm never in range of the head
>>
>>153600579
You gotta have rung the coop bell before the woman with the sinister bell (who draws invaders) appears. But there's always a woman in nightmares unless you kill her
>>
>>153600736
>But there's always a woman in nightmares unless you kill her
Wait so this area basically rings in an invader for me? Is that what you're saying? I'm not sure if I'm reading you right.
>>
>>153600891
Yes

also there are some NPC invaders there too so don't get too excited
>>
>>153600248
>this i can somewhat agree to. but then some other things stop making sense. how come our "waking up" is then related to sunrise? we didn't kill the moon presence, we didn't stop the scourge or the influence of the amygdalas. all we did, was wake up.
it's cause Gerhman severed us from the Dream(much like Djura and Eileen before us), with Mergo silenced the Night of The Hunt was able to finally end(not to mention the symbolism with that ending involving the sunrise)

>furthermore, both the hunter's dream and yharnam have blood moons.
cause the Blood Moon is tied to the Moon Presence, who is the Great One of the Hunter's Dream

>>153600534
>furthermore, the old man in the hat (at the start of the game) says we may think it all a mere "bad dream". and the sequence were we "fall asleep" has close connections to sleep paralysis (the hallucinations, the chest pressure), further indicating a dream quality.
it's a red herring in my opinion
>>
>>153600695
I'm doing alright, it's just if it heals its limbs or goes in to phase 3 it throws me
>>
>>153600248
>i have no idea wha astral projection is
Astral projection is exactly just dreaming
A very simplified way of saying, you take a nap and your mind exists in a dream while your body is still napping in reality
Micolash died in reality but his mind left for the nightmare beforehand, which is why you use his corpse in reality as transport to the nightmare by following his mind there

And your last bit is agreeing with me apparently, unless I'm reading it wrong

As for the part you're replying to the other guy, we didn't kill moon presence but we did kill mergo, and a lot of what was going on can easily be credited to mergo being beckoned by mensis and mergo, just being an infant, might have fried the entire schools' brains and more accidentally
Or maybe intentionally, it's all vague as hell, but mergo's cries can be heard before the bloodmoon if you have insight, and after bloodmoon no matter what, so he's important to the whole nightmares and dreams bleeding over into reality thing
Mergo has a big part in it, so killing that bitch ass definitely solved something
>>
>>153601107
Depending on your stats, you might be able to just plink Amy G down with a gun/blacksky eye in the third phase.
>>
>>153600705
I'd try baiting the attacks where it lowers it head and beat the shit out of it
>>
>>153600995
Kek you mean don't think I'm a hardcore badass for killing people who aren't people? Roger that. Def seen some actual players though.
>>
>>153599853
I'd sure love to help, but my PSN isn't connecting. Which is weird, because everything else is functioning fine. What a pain.
>>
>>153601046
But anon, there's a big shift that happens every time you kill the Great One of a dream. The MP can't be the Great One of the Hunter's Dream. In fact, the only being left in the Hunter's Dream after the battle that was there from the start... Hmm...
>>
>>153601046
>it's cause Gerhman severed us from the Dream
this one may be right

>with Mergo silenced the Night of The Hunt was able to finally end
but mergo should only have influence on mensis. the moon presence controls yharnam

maybe i'm just overthinking

>>153601242
sounds about right
>>
>>153600995
Where are NPC invaders? NPC hunters yes, but no invaders.
>>
>>153600624
>didnt go in for the riposte
Ya blew it
>>
>>153601409
that's because Doll is Odeon.
>>
>>153601525
I think that's what he meant
>>
>>153601389
It's okay, I'll be here for a while. Thank you for trying though
>>
>>153601609
Oedon is formless, so taking the shape of an established thing makes sense as it has none of its own.
>>
>>153599152
Ugh seeing these autists try to argue you how posting your videos is shitty is painful to watch
Keep on keepin on hunter, at least your trying to contribute to this dying general
>>
>>153601601
Do less damage
>>
>>153601046
but why can't we see sunrise while still connected to the hunter's dream. is it gameplay? because we can't literally dellay the sun.

maybe the moon can.
>>
>>153601242
we don't kill Mergo actually, we only kill the Wet Nurse, Mergo itself seems to be formless in it's current state, much like Oedon and the Sweet Child of Kos(the Orphan of Kos we fight is more like the Wet Nurse in nature than the actual body of Kos' child)

>>153601409
I'm aware of the theory that the Doll is a Great One, also the Moon Presence is definitely the Great One of the Moon, which for various reasons seems to be in multiple dimensions at once

>>153601491
I'm thinking the Mensis Ritual causes the Blood Moon, Rom concealed it, as for MP, what it controls and/or desires is honestly hard to say
>>
>>153601107
I'll try to upload the whole video to show you the process but I can't do that right now unfortunately. After the 2nd hit, wait for Amy to sperg a little and Oil the head. After that she'll rip off her arms while you take this time to go to the tail. Just run straight under and she'll jump right after the arm-ripping without healing her head.
>>
>>153601934
>I'm thinking the Mensis Ritual causes the Blood Moon
it's clearly stated that lawrence and gerhman beconed the clood mon, and rom concealed it. mensis didn't come until latter.
>>
>>153601912
because while we're still connected to the Dream time is all screwy for us(my personal justification for why most enemies respawn when you use the lamps), our personal chronology only becomes linear again once we are severed from it
>>
>>153602016
With the arms though, where she usually lands (with me just in front of her head) her arms fall on top of me instead
>>
>>153601934
>we don't kill Mergo actually, we only kill the Wet Nurse, Mergo itself seems to be formless in it's current state, much like Oedon and the Sweet Child of Kos(the Orphan of Kos we fight is more like the Wet Nurse in nature than the actual body of Kos' child)
Either way, the crying stops and you get the big message 'NIGHTMARE SLAIN' so at the very least Mergo fucked off to somewhere else after his wetnurse got slapped silly and that solved the problem similarly to killing him
>>
>>153602048
blood moon*
>>
>>153602160
Oh yeah that sucks, I know what you mean. Try to get the hit while under her, should hit the chin.
>>
>the doll is a great one
the doll is most likely an avatar of odeon. the moon presence does odeon's bidding (like nyarlathotep does azathots bidding). the moon presence created the dream so odeon could receive blood echoes and a son. either mergo, or the hunter, when he transcends. even if the hunter is killed by gerhman, he can always try again
>>
Nightmare Frontier is confusing. It's really cool looking but it fucks with my eyes. I feel positive I'm going to miss shit here
>>
>>153602420
Alright anon, I'll try, usually out of range though
>>
>>153601386
I meant more like 'Don't get excited for frequent PvP'
>>
>>153602521
>the doll is literally your mother

well shit
>>
>>153601934
After the Wetnurse dies Mergo dies as well a few seconds later. It's why the NIGHTMARE SLAIN message doesn't appear until the crying stops. Plus the notes on the ground imply that in order to stop the Mensis ritual we have to kill the nightmare newborn.

Moon Presence is what was causing the Bloodmoon and beast fuckery, because of Mensis doing stuff to Mergo. Why exactly, is unclear: some have theorised that the crying baby made MP super horny because it had such a lust for surrogate children, or it's possible that it was upset at Mergo being born out of wedlock, which seems to be an important thing for Great Ones and possibly what caused Loran's Downfall.
>>
>>153596325
>time distortion
>not just saying it's memories from a past-life or something
Devs must really be smoking some bad/good weed when they made that plot point or something
Maybe even LSD
>>
Anyone wish there was a little more consequence to letting Alfred kill Annalise?

Like;
>So, any idea how that maniac got here?
>I recall there being an unaddressed summons to our abode, which coincidentally went missing upon your arrival here
>........
>You mean to tell us there is no correlation between you being the most recent visitor to our chambers, the missing summons, and his appearance?
>........
>Bend the knee.
>>
>>153602954
The NPC questlines in general are unsatisfying
>>
>>153602954
I always found it kinda funny how you can revive Annalise after Alfred kills her.
>>
>>153602420
>>153602585
I think I've got it, I'll move about 1 foot when it jumps in phase 3 and usually I can reach the chin
>>
>>153596325
How many shekkles would you sacrifice to play along side the Twin Fangs Bior and Vallerfax to prevent the scourge of demons?
>>
File: motherfucker.jpg (28KB, 387x450px)
motherfucker.jpg
28KB, 387x450px
>>153602665
What's that stopping?
>>
>>153602670
It's important to note Mergo is NOT the Nightmare Newborn. He was born a very long time ago. The player is the Nightmare Newborn, if they beat the MP's ass like it wants you to.
>>
>>153603251
That's good, sometimes a hit can miss the head and go for the chest meaning less damage so watch out for that. Keep trying and before you know it you'll be downing Amy's under a minute.
>>
>>153603490
>Oedipus
>Oedon

Miyazaki-san...
>>
>>153603541
So how exactly is the hunter seeking themselves?
>>
>>153603657
I'll be glad when I never have to see it again...
>>
>>153603709
"Seek the X" is used in Souls games all the time to mean the same thing as "Seek the Nightmare Newborn" means to become it. Seeking the King, for example. Or Seeking the Flame. It's not necessarily just 'Find the X', but 'Aspire towards it'.
>>
>>153601609
If the Doll is Odeon then who is Oedon?
>>
>>153603054
Ironically I found Alfred's to be fairly satisfying.
>>
>>153602521
Oedon is a guy though
And Miyazaki himself confirmed that Moon Presence has nothing to do with Oedon

It's safer to speculate that Oedon is the Blood Echoes itself
>>
>>153604192
But if the Hunter becoming a Great One was all part of the plan, why couldn't the Moon Presence just say "Go find three umbilical cords and eat them, and don't let Gehrman kill you."? Rather than just trying again and again for what is presumably generations.
>>
Is PSN undergoing "Maintenance" for others as well?
>>
>>153601731
>dying general

pls
>>
>>153604418
Mad-Cunt Moonie doesn't want you to be a Great One, dawg. I should clarify: I'm not the guy who believes the Doll and the Moon Presence are the same thing.
>>
>>153603798
I've learned to love the fight but each to their own. Good luck anon.
>>
>>153602560
It's visually the most interesting and frustrating
>>
>>153604507
Yes
>>
File: 1461858884371.jpg (47KB, 621x502px)
1461858884371.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>>153604765
I just got a radial off-shape, with -9 hp
>>
>>153604759
Then who tells you to do that? I guess it could be Oedon, but we know so little about him that thinking that is a pretty wild assumption. And even then, why not just say it flat out?

But you're free to think whatever, of course.
>>
>>153605214
Oedon is Blood Echoes
>>
>>153605034
A radial offshape, you say?
>>
>>153605214
The player is carving Kin and Great Ones up like he's a meat grinder. He's drinking deep of Great One blood. He's learning the eldritch truth which is something that has made everyone who learns it regret knowing what it is. My guess is, if someone told the player outright to become a Great One, the logical response they could expect is a resounding "fuck off".
>>
>>153605034
That's unfortunate. Post it.
>>
>>153604507
Yeah I came to ask this too
>>
>>153604507
Not working for me either.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 250x251px)
image.jpg
25KB, 250x251px
> Once, a young girl had an older brother who was determined to become a doctor, and so she wilfully became his patient. In the end, this led to their encounter with the Eldritch Truth, for which they considered themselves blessed.

So this is Rom right?

But who is the older brother? Willem or Laurence? Initially Willem makes more sense, since he seems to have a direct connection to Rom. But I think it might actually be Laurence. Something lost in the English translation is that originally the Healing Church was known as a purely medical institution, "Medical Practioners" is the exact translation, before eventually becoming a religious/governmental body (probably because of how miraculous/successful blood healing was). Laurence was the one who healed people, a more traditional doctor type. Willem seems a more academic type. Plus Willem couldn't of wanted to become a doctor when Byrgonwerth was a thing because he was already in charge. Laurence was younger and could have been a student desperate to become a doctor and did un-ethical experiments on his (possibly retarded) sister after being part of the initial discovery in the Tomb of the Gods.
>>
>>153605405
Why 20 str and not 25?
>>
>>153594081
Rhetoric minor here.
Decent video, great analysis, but you should pause longer at the end of your sentences. Also, use some variation in your pitch.
>>
>>153605964
I think the more important question is
Did they fuck?
>>
I wish the foreigner garb wasn't one of the armors with stats so low that it actually makes a noticeable difference.

It gives off such a good "this guy doesn't belong here slaying monsters" vibe...though I guess that fits its terrible stats.
>>
>>153605964
I kinda figured it was either:

A) Rom

B) The blob that you take it from, with the 'brother' being the church doctor watching over her.
>>
>>153605982
Because I wanted to stay at BL98 and I made that build under the impression that I'd need 20 end for the Wheel. I know now that I don't, but even so I'm happy with the result.
>>
What's a good choice for my first +9 skill based weapon? I feel like I'm not finding a whole bunch of chunks and that I'd be better served by having a single +9 weapon than one +7 and one +8.

I've been using cane and saw spear most of the game pretty much interchangeably. The saw spear was always the better performer but lately it doesn't seem as hot for some reason. I also just got the blades of mercy and saif but I'm not exactly in practice with either so I'm not sure I want to dump the few chunks I have just to find out they're not for me.
>>
>tfw SL1 trying to speedrun the DLC
>on my way to Ludwig
>Beast Cutter guy kills me as I'm climbing up the ladder
The range on that thing, man
>>
>>153608776
Saif is really solid, but you would want to get the Radial/Radial/Triangle variant from the chalice dungeon to level up. I would personally suggest that, though. Blades of Mercy are really fun but kinda suck against huge boss monsters. Saw Spear and Cane are both solid, too.
>>
>>153608787
Gotta lure him back a bit otherwise that thing can get you 2/3's up the damn ladder.
>>
>>153608776
CHURCH PICK
>>
>>153608924
While that didn't help me decide I guess it's good to know there's not really a wrong choice among them.

Except maybe the rifle spear, and even then it doesn't feel bad just...not as good. It doesn't really feel like it shines at anything.
>>
>>153609107
Rifle Spear is fun if you're into charging. That charge attack is rocking.

But yeah I'd personally say go with Saif (pretty sure Uncanny is what you want), because the R1 is this amazingly cool dash that I thought was great. I'd also suggest that you get the Church Pick when possible and try that out, because that is one of my personal favorite weapons in the game. Really amazing dex weapon that can send people flying with the charge attacks.
>>
>>153609097
Haven't encountered it yet. While I know its deeper in the hunters nightmare I'm not sure how safe I feel fighting shit there with just a +6 weapon. Like I can kill shit in it but I may as well be just throwing blood vials at my enemies sometimes.
>>
>>153609270
+6 is fine for the beginning of the DLC and church pick is a great weapon. If you want to hold off and fight two more bosses, you can attempt to get the Rakuyo, which is easily the best SKL weapon in the game.
>>
>>153605214
I say it's the Doll, after all she loves you, but would you ever think to love her?
>>
Gehrman is such a good fight. It's a lot of spacing and strafing until you meet, when it becomes a hyper fight at the speed of light and then Gehrman becomes a super saiyan and gets his aura and starts to overwhelm you. It's amazing, like an anime fight you're actually a part of.
>>
File: image.jpg (386KB, 1748x1629px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386KB, 1748x1629px
>>153610127
Of course I would, she's cute
>>
File: Sleepy Doll.png (4MB, 1920x1080px)
Sleepy Doll.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>153610562
I want to rest my head in her lap and fall asleep to her singing soft lullabies before she drifts off too.
>>
>>153610854
>this will never happen

Why even live?
>>
>>153605405
Doesn't a plain 27% give more damage?
>>
>>153611450
Nourishings are for split damage weapons. Wheel, MLG, Tonny, Boomhammer. Besides, that's an arc build, so 27s wouldn't give me much benefit.
>>
>>153611182
>Why even live?
I struggle with this question every single day.
>>
Why the bloodletters moveset the coolest shit in the game?
>>
>>153610452
Agreed, except because of the DLC I am now overpowered every time I fight him, which is very unsatisfying
>>
>>153612080
The overhead slams are super fun
>>
>>153612080
Does it have a big spin like the Hunter's Axe?
>>
What's the strongest Great One in canon?
>>
>>153612080
Your shit taste
>>
>>153615351
No but it does have a neat charged R2 hat knocks dudes over
>>
>>153612080
I prefer the Wheel and Hammer as far as animations go.

Also I didn't know wearing the Gold Aldero in Hunters Nightmare made the beasts afraid of you.

That or it was a glitch.

Also the Yar Har skip is a pain.
>>
>>153615482
I don't think it really works like that, they all seem pretty powerful in their own way, but I'd bet Oedon is some crazy shit since he only exists as a sound
>>
>>153616041
>Also I didn't know wearing the Gold Aldero in Hunters Nightmare made the beasts afraid of you.

The beasts in the Hunter's Nightmare are scared of you regardless, I think all but a few continually edge away from you
>>
>>153616041
The beasts are afraid of you no matter what you wear in Hunters Nightmare.
>>
Help with Loran Darkbeast pls

pass bbg
>>
>>153616648
>About to go to bed
>Someone asks for help with Loran Darkbeast

Man. Alright, just let me boot up real quick.
>>
>>153616345
>>153616454
Ah. Not sure why I thought the Aldero would make a difference. Especially since there are hunters actively killing them before I get there.
>>
>>153616705
not seeing you yet
>>
File: Orphan of Kos Stage 2.gif (1MB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
Orphan of Kos Stage 2.gif
1MB, 300x219px
Alright /bbg/, I have one free day of PS+, which I will use Saturday morning. What are the odds that anyone would be willing to help me Beat the Orphan of Kos?
>>
>>153618097
Use it now and I'll help you
>>
I'm watching a stream and this dude has 30str and 9arc using the Tonitrus.

I thought it was an arc weapon?
>>
>>153618159
Unfortunately I have shit to do tomorrow, and I don't want to waste it. After I beat Orphan I want to do as much co-op as possible to get vermin, so I want the full day.
Also, I need to figure how to activate the damn thing.
>>
Anyone savescumming?
>>
>>153618192
If you swing anything hard enough, it's a strength weapon.
>>
>>153618192
It's Strength/Arcane but choosing either side separately performs alright early game.
>>
>>153618721
Underrated toast
>>
I'm on a new build (SKL), currently at cathedral ward, next boss amelia or witches of hemwick (either's fine). Does anybody fancy co-op with me?
>>
>>153618097
Is doing le epic yoyo tricks still a thing? Please tell me its dead besides from the wanna be edgy autists that practice it
>>
>>153619359
I'm making a new build as well. Give me a pass and I'll be there.
>>
>>153619454
Pass: doll
Where do you want me to ring?
>>
File: J6786.gif (1009KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
J6786.gif
1009KB, 400x400px
Whats Froms plans once they finish DS3 dlc? I am not expecting nor hoping for bb2 but i would love to see them do another souls spinoff game with inspiration from some other famous novels/theme
>>
>>153619421
No idea, I just googled "sickk Yo-yo tricks" and it turned up.
>>
>>153619864
Not that I want to see them beat a dead horse, but they'd be idiots to throw away the cash cow that is souls and souls-like spinoffs, so we'll more than likely get more.
>>
>>153617169
>tfw being the cannon fodder in someone else's Valhalla
>>
>>153619720
Ring in Oedon Chapel.
>>
Are people who favour 2-handed only movesets shitters?
>>
>>153619993
Depends on the weapon.
>>
>>153617169
Yeah, the only Beasts that just straight up attack you are the ones near the fire-bolder trap. They'll just dive on you.
>>
>>153619864
>"There's absolutely no plan right now for any sequels, spin-offs or tie-ins. But I can't say for certain the possibility is zero per cent," he explained. "For example, if a From Software developer come to me five years from now and beg 'please let me make another Dark Souls' then I will not rule out the possibility to let my subordinates start a new project." When asked about a potential Demon's Souls remaster Miyazaki said, "We want to try making new things."

He seems pretty resolute in this, and it's the best idea for the series, so I doubt that anything else will get made unless B-team returns.
>>
>>153619981
Hmmm, it's not letting me ring my bell, either of them.
>>
>>153620314
You need to have both gates in the Cathedral Ward open to ring there.
>>
>>153620314
Have you opened the gates?
>>
>>153618959
He was in Hunter's Nightmare.

>>153618721
Fair point.
>>
>>153619946
I love this series to death so thats honestly fine with me. I just want sprirtual successors like bloodborne though, not anymore installments into Dark Souls. Unless their games go to down the shitter reaall quick i will be waiting for their next game.
>>
>>153620350
Was sure I did, Eileen's appeared and everything. I'll double check though
>>
>>153620167
Sad but good at the same time, im definitely interested in seeing what they want to do next
>>
>>153620350
>>153620381
Ah, my bad, I did in fact miss the "emblem" gate
>>
>>153620075
minus pure str wpns
>>
>>153619993
Not if using the hunter axe
>>
>>153620617
Well with blood weapons, if your build isn't a hybrid then there's nothing you can do EXCEPT rely on the 2h moveset. And with kos parasite, there's no point unless you go full ayy. Beasts claws are also garbage 1h.

With weapons that don't have such stipulations though, yes. Like blades of mercy, ludwig's sword etc..
>>
>>153619993
Hunter's Axe users who spin2win are certainly.

I've cooped with randos who do nothing but spam that spin. It'll literally be a single basic mob and they're charging up their spin.

Would rather have a memeblade user desu.
>>
>>153619981
Are you ringing anon? Taking quite a while to find you
>>
>>153620751
>not if using spin2win and huge l2 hitbox is being a shitter
,':^J
>>
>>153620751
>Two-hand only Hunter Axe users aren't shitters

Literally the only thing I come across with axe users when I PvP are people that exclusively try to charge R2. That thing is a scrub enabler like none other.
>>
>>153620974
Tell that to my rakuyo :^)
>>
>>153620970
Isn't**
>>
>>153620942
I realized I don't have the gates open and don't want to go for BSB, go without me famygdala
>>
>>153619993
If they can't parry or punish heals anyway then yes they're shit
>>
>>153621095
It's different when the Rakuyo both A) doesn't do as much damage with its spins and B) is at the very end of the DLC whereas the Axe is a starting weapon. Plus, Rakuyo spins don't floor enemies.
>>
>>153621405
Rakuyo is a crutch in pvp, axe is a crutch in pve
>>
>>153621312
Oh well, thanks anyway anon.

Would anybody else like to jump in and have some jolly co-operation with my new build? Currently at Amelia/Hemwick
>>
>>153621478
My favorite thing about the Rakuyo is that it turns to shit if the connection is good, but FromSoft netcode being what it is makes that almost never happen.
>>
I keep getting Fools and Poorman's blood gems as drops but they're not appearing in my inventory, what's the deal?
>>
File: justparryitbro.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
justparryitbro.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>153621749
idk about that, while it benefits from the netcode giving it even longer range, without phantom range its still super fast and hard to parry
>>
What do you guys spend all your insight on? I don't need chunks or rocks
>>
File: Moonlight Sword Costanza.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight Sword Costanza.png
532KB, 800x584px
>>153578092
GEHRMAN, LAURENCE AND THE DREAM POST BLOOD MOON ARE THE THEMES IN THE GAME
>>
>>153623007
only thing I've spent any on was for Henryk's set before I fought Paarl(well there might have been another item but I'm not sure)
>>
File: 13.jpg (18KB, 298x292px)
13.jpg
18KB, 298x292px
>>153623146
>>
>>153623007
HATS.
>>
>>153623210
admittedly I'm only past Rom on my first NG run, so not really much I've needed to buy so far
>>
>>153623007
BB Pellets, Elixers, Shaman Blades, Numbing Mist. Materials for Chalice Dungeons if I want to create an FRC Dungeon myself.
>>
>>153623007
Whenever I PvP I usually end up spending a good deal of insight on Numbing Mist. Barring that, I maxed out all my consumables and then got enough ritual materials to make ten FRC chalices of any kind, but at this point I don't even need any of that. I've been sitting on 99 insight for a while now, with nothing to spend it on. No need for chunks or rocks, I have something like fifteen +10 weapons and 25 rocks plus the 300-some chunks. I have all the armor sets in the game, too. I'm thinking maybe I ought to start the long, arduous road to 600 rocks, but that'd be such a drag that I really don't even want to bother.

I really wish you could spend insight and gems to make gems of your own. Like, mash a gem into a workshop tool, spend varying amounts of insight and echoes depending on how high of a rank it is and what secondaries and curses you give it, and you can custom tailor your own abyssals. It'd be so nice.
>>
well been giving Nioh a try, and so far it's pretty fun(loving the Jutsu system, having technically unlimited Fire Paper and Molotov equivalents is awesome), although I have mixed feelings about it using the Estus Flask style healing items versus the Blood Vial style(if mostly because of how few you can initially carry, especially since they don't even heal you all that much), also still getting the hang of the Ki/Stamina recovery system
>>
File: nope.gif (915KB, 476x253px)
nope.gif
915KB, 476x253px
>>153623842
>600 rocks
>>
Ah, Kos, or some say Kosm...

...Why is your son such a sick crazy badass, gurl...? He just keeps beating me...
Ah, Kosm... I'll keep trying...
>>
So the nightmare of mensis is pretty much a big pain in the ass huh?
>>
>>153621607
Bump.
Currently farming FRC but so bored.
>>
>>153624079
It's probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest, non-DLC area for a first playthrough. If you've yet to fight the first boss, the level will get easier after him.
>>
>>153624160
Yeah I just started. Looks like the beak mask, hunter set, and deep sea rune is plenty of frenzy resist but these enemies are tough too, plus invaders! I've been playing for a while now and think I may need a break. This is yet another awesome looking area though. This game has such amazing level design.
>>
>>153624079
Here's a pro-tip
Run through the area with the fucking Silverbeasts. It's a damn nightmare to handle while you're constantly gaining frenzy. Once you're inside it's a bit easier to fight off the terrible fucking monsters.
Oh yeah, the fat bitches with the cleavers are easy to parry, shoot them once they have the cleavers up for an easy Visceral.
The Giant Spider can be a bitch to fight, but it can't get through doorways so you can cheese it a bit, though be aware that though it can't follow you, it's got a lot of reach and can hit you if you aren't careful.
>>
>played over 200 hours in bloodborne
>got fairly bored when dlc came out, decided to take a break first
>played other games
>DS3 came out, beat it
>sudden unstoppable urge to play bloodborne again
>Mom: "Hey anon, mind if we borrow your console for a couple of weeks for your little brother? We don't want to buy him when you already have one, right? Anyway you're too old for these games"
>still haven't returned
>still haven't played bloodborne

Fucking why
I just want to play bloodborne, I just want to experience the old hunters with my lvl 230 character. I don't want to buy ps4 only for bloodborne AGAIN

Fuck this, better post on tibetean woodcarving forums
>>
>>153624814
Stop being a beta and take it back then
>>
>>153624814
You need to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>153624814
Reported faggot.
>>
I swear Offshapes drop at the exact times you don't want them to. Farming Winter Lanterns for 22% Droplets I just got a Radial and a Waning within 2 runs. Then later I got a Triangle BLT gem from the shotgun watcher when all I wanted was a 31.5% Circle for my Gattling Gun.

>>153621831
In fishing hamlet?

I thought that was patched? Is your game updated to the most recent update? If you are playing GOTY edition unpatched then, yeah it's a bug.

Don't worry though, they are useless and you get better % gems that are active all the time in the very same area from the Winter Lanterns.
>>

...Your son is still beating me something fierce... I might not last much longer...

Ah, Kosm... I'm almost at my breaking point...
>>
Just beat Ludwig on NG+ solo.
>>
Does anyone have the Fetus pizza picture? Need it for reasons.
>>
>>153626052
Orphan hurts something fierce. His entire moveset is designed to fuck with everything you've learned about dodging up until now.
If you have the Blood Rapture rune, a successful Visceral on him will restore you to 100% health.
>>
>>153626182
First time I fought Ludwig was on NG+3 at BL98, and I was solo. I did the same thing for Laurence and Orphan.

Then I did it all again my second time through on a different character, also BL98.

Still, good job. NG+ DLC is no joke.
>>
>>153626182
Am I supposed to be impressed? Beat him at BL4 NG+7 no gems
>>
>>153626052
What build/weapon are you using?

You should have a +10 weapon, and ideally be using gems that drop from the 2 Winter Lanterns nearby.
>>
>>153626395
Different anon, but what gems should I be using on a +10 Pizza Cutter?
>>
>>153626295
I am OVERLEVELED and his fucking yoyo attack still kills me in one hit. It's not fair.

>>153626395
I'm a STR build with a minor in arcane. I'm 33/34/41 using a 10+ Hunter's Axe, but I can swap to my 10+ Whirligig if it's better. My axe's gems are Physup 19, ATKup 15 and ATKup 9.1.
>>
>>153626612
There's no such thing as overleveled for Yo-Yogsothoth.
>>
File: 253153135`.jpg (100KB, 900x845px)
253153135`.jpg
100KB, 900x845px
>>153626340
First time I did so actually. Was happy about it.

>>153626358
Yes! you are! Look at my huge dick.
>>
>>153626263
I gotchu famygdala
>>
>>153626676
How high are you meant to be? I'm level 99.
>>
>>153626780
JUST
KEEP
CLIMBING
It won't make a ton of difference I think. The only thing that's going to win you the day is learning how to dodge his fucking insane moves. Ideally you don't want to use any blood vials until stage 2, because in stage 2 it's harder to parry him and heal.
>>
File: 7WTYTob.gif (891KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
7WTYTob.gif
891KB, 500x506px
Are spoilers a no no here? Or does it not matter cause the games been out a fuckin long time?
>>
>>153626921
But I already can't parry him more than once a run

Fuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>153627005
Nice of you to ask I guess but I don't think anyone gives a shit. I'm not quite finished with my first game and if I see something that looks like I'd rather not read it, I skip past it.
>>
>>153627005
We have lore discussions all the time. If anyone shows up asking about their first playthrough don't be dropping spoilers on them, but otherwise it's going to be their fault for reading other discussions.
>>
>>153627129
>>153627143
Okaaay. I've been thinking about the Orphan of Kos. And I've been wonder about his appearance and why he looks the way he does
>>
>>153626550
Physical Gems.

Just stack some frenzy resistance (Rune and Ashen Hunter set) and kill the two Winter Lanterns that are near Orphan. They drop Droplet gems which can go in any weapon of a whole variety of effects, with Physical ATK up % being the most common. In no time at all you will have three 20%-22% gems.

I beat Orphan earlier today with that exact setup and it was easy, he's still hard but you do enough damage you can kill him before you screw up too many times.
>>
>>153627269
Why he looks humanoid even though he's Kos's kid?

I agree that's a bit weird. But the stuff relating to Kos in general is pretty unclear, so I'm not in any position to wager guesses as to why.
>>

...I'm seriously considering skipping your son...! He'll be the first boss I've ever skipped...!

Ah, Kosm... Is this pain your legacy...?
>>
>>153627420
It's possible he's humanoid because he's got a mortal father
It's tough to tell, but Kos herself seems to have some humanoid characteristics too.
>>
>>153627420
because Gehrman is the father
>>
>>153627420
Kos has a human face under all her nonsense. She's the most human-like of all the Great Ones, which is probably why the fishing village people were able to come to love her as they do.

Besides, it's unlikely Kos was ever really 'pregnant'. It's more likely that Kos spawned the Orphan specifically in revenge against Hunters, as her entire deal seems to be spawning things rather than doing her own stuff. See: the Kos Parasite, including all those ones the Fishing Villages were eating.
>>
>>153627570
>>153627631
>People actually think this shit is true

Even the faintest notion that human-Great One interbreeding is possible is complete horseshit. Beyond that, Kos was first discovered when her corpse washed up on shore. You can't knock something up if it's dead.
>>
>>153627805
But wait, if she was dead when they found her, why are they so pissed off at the Cronenburgers?
>>
>>153627631
>>153627570
>if you beat the super hard fishing village in Bloodborne you meet a human great one and she gets naked and you sex her and fight her baby!

Fuck off Carlos
>>
File: d4pRl02.png (50KB, 1160x1720px) Image search: [Google]
d4pRl02.png
50KB, 1160x1720px
>>153627420
Yes. ive been thinking about it a bit. There was this video I watched that said that Kos might have been washed up on short and the village it was at was going through a time where they had little food. So when she washed up on shore the Villagers treated it like a gift from the gods, or a god, and began eating it. And thats why they look like fish people all over because eating it slowly changed it.

Another thing I heard was that Kos was trying to communicate with humans, so started to teach the villagers things, change them, and so on. So perhaps the Orphan looks like that because it was trying to bridge the link between man and human and create a true hybrid? But then the healing church killed it before it gave birth.

Or, what I thought about when thinking about giygas, is that the orphan is really the red shack weapon the humanoid figure holds. Maybe it had attached it's self to it and had taken control. The red shack to me looks a bit like a fetus, with the head and small body. But I know that's a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>153627997
I think the Yo-Yo is meant to be placenta.
>>
>>153627894
Five Guys didn't kill Kos, they killed the villagers. They dug out all the eyes in the skulls of the villagers just because "muh insight".
>>
>>153627894
Because Byrgenworth showed up and jammed needles into everyones' skulls in their quest for eyes. The fishmen weren't happy about it.

>>153627997
Orphan's weapon is his own placenta, swung around by the umbilical cord.
>>
>>153628149
Alright, that makes more sense.
Also, does anybody else think Kos is kinda... small?
>>
File: kevin-catalan-kos.jpg (314KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
kevin-catalan-kos.jpg
314KB, 1280x828px
>>153628116
>>153628295
Yeah, of course. I'm not trying to say it's not. But it's just...I dunno...weird to me that the Orphan looks so much like an old guy....
>>
>>153628408
I gotta say, the way he sobs when you first meet him hurts my heart.
>>
>>153628302
She's no smaller than Rom or the Moon Presence.

>>153628408
He's wizened, after all. Born old.
>>
>>153628501
That's why I wonder if Kos was a bad great one, and was only trying to bring good to the world...imagine, being the Orphan, crawling out of your dead mother. And then looking out and seeing this grey, bleak land....

>>153628536
Oh, is that canon?
>>
>>153628536
True, I just kind of expected... something huge, you know? I mean, it seems like she's meant to be one of the real primeval Old Ones.
>>
>>153628408
Orphan's old. As old as McWillem's if not older. And he was never born. And Orphan's weird because he's a mirror to how Great Ones usually work - Kos didn't lose her child, her child lost his parent. Orphan's different. Who knows, maybe it took on characteristics of the villagers or first hunters something, it's very hard to know.
>>
>>153628614
Most of the Old Ones don't seem to have been "evil", just far beyond our comprehension. The Healing Church and others used them for evil purposes, and did terrible things to try and obtain their power, but aside from Amygdala none of the ones you meet seem interested in attacking you until you attack them.
>>
>>153628501
He's trapped in the same way that Gehrman is. That's why he uses the Gehrman cry, it's a metaphor.

>>153628614
The first guy you meet in the Hamlet says this.

>>153628626
Kos only feels like she should be much larger and stronger because you've heard of her. She might be very low in the terms of Great Ones, she's just a significant milestone in Great One discovery in the story.
>>
File: tumblr_nmkqco3XiF1spo62lo1_1280.png (483KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmkqco3XiF1spo62lo1_1280.png
483KB, 1280x856px
>>153628681
Makes a lotta sense for him to be old looking in the nightmare since hunters seem to age in the dreams....exccceeept for Micolash, but I'm inclined to believe that's a special case.

Still. Can't help but feel I'm missing something besides great ones child.

>>153628820
Actually the Moon presence, and the Wet Nurse seem to want you dead. But I never noticed that most of them don't attack you...hmm...

>>153628843
Oh really? Guess I missed him say that.
>>
>>153628614
>bad great one
>>153628626

She's just a Great One. All Great Ones are just Great Ones. There's no good or evil, they're just different, they're inherently alien and incompatible with us, and that isn't down to malice or ignorance, it's just a simple fact of existence. Did Kos want to bring good or did she just happen to wind up on a beach and give villagers a nearly endless supply of parasites to farm? Was giving them eyes intentional? Who knows. Certainly we'll never know, as much as we'll know why the Great Ones allow us to go through the mistakes as the Pthumerians and use the blood without stopping us from destroying ourselves.

That's the key message of this kind of fiction - utterly, irrevocably alien in nature, there's no rhyme or reason the way we see it. That's why we think in terms of good and bad aliens, but do they see it that way? Can they?
>>
>>153628843
I haven't fought Gehrman yet, so I didn't know that was the case.
>>
>>153629023
You can hear Gehrman sob like a bitch about how bad being stuck in the dream is, before you fight him.
>>
>>153629001
Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. I've always liked that idea in Lovecraftian fiction, that the Great Ones aren't really malevolent, just completely alien to us, to the point that their very presence drives us to madness.
I actually think BB captures that really well. The longer you look at him before you start the fight, the more you get a weird sense of foreboding.
>>
I'M STIIIIIILL IN A DREEEAAAM
CORD EATERRRRRR
>>
>>153628408
>>153627997
>>153627420
I figure that the Waking World version of Orphan wasn't actually developed enough to be anything worth fighting, the Orphan of Kos you fight is a Nightmare reflection of Gehrman created to guard the Sweet Child, similar to how Mergo's Wetnurse is clearly derived from the Shadows of Yharnam(as they protected Mergo's original mother Queen Yharnam)
>>
>>153629391
This is the most rational explanation I've heard so far. Goddamn, good job anon.
>>
Does the One Reborn tell me I'm going to burn in hell?
>>
File: GRANT US EYES, GRANT US EYES!.gif (2MB, 252x448px) Image search: [Google]
GRANT US EYES, GRANT US EYES!.gif
2MB, 252x448px
So /bbg/, what's your favourite boss theme?
Right now I'm really digging Orphan's and Ebrietas' themes.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxbJ7O8iAfI
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajtbXEK9cc
>>
>>153629615
No, it sings scat jazz to amuse itself and shambles around.
>>
File: 1471924745672.png (814KB, 1654x1654px)
1471924745672.png
814KB, 1654x1654px
>>153629001
Well I hadn't meant to get into any moral grounds or anything. As I meant that perhaps Kos was a great one who did take interest in humans.

Like Ebrietas

>>153629391
>>153629561
That is a really good explanation.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 600x834px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 600x834px
>>153629619
Best theme coming through
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
>>
>>153629810
Shit, should've put >hardmode: no Ludwig
because goddamn that shit's god-tier.
>>
>>153629619
Gascoigne and Living Failures will always be my favourites.
>>
>>153629619
Ludwig's and Living Failures both have amazing transitions to fit what the boss is doing. I also really like Gascoigne's. Orphan isn't really memorable to me, mostly because it gets drowned out by YAAAAAAOOOOOOW and the sound of placenta hitting the ground.

I thinks that's why I like Ludwig/Failures. The bosses have moments of downtime that let the score shine through.
>>
>>153629706
It's not moral grounds, it's just ideas present in the inspirations of this game, especially Lovecraft from which it takes liberally. In Lovecraft, the creatures and such aren't really actively hostile or even necessarily malevolent, they just exist apart from us and their reasons for why they do the things they do are probably as incomprehensible to us as the shit we do is to them. They're incompatible and alien in the most literal definition of the word. Sometimes, however, we are in the way of the things they're up to, and do you look on the ground for every insect as you go to work or grocery shopping?

There's a scale of alien-ness that's pretty hard to wrap your head around, mostly because you're not supposed to, and the best you can ultimately do is say 'We just don't know' and because we're also in a Gothic horror, trying to know leads to despair and madness.
>>
Is anybody in need of co-op or want to do some?
>>
Hunter is hunter even in a dream
>>
>>153629619
Ebrietas's theme is the best in the game, honestly. It feels like a real confrontation with a fucking GREAT ONE. And she IS the realest Great One you meet before Mergo: she isn't human-made, she isn't one of a legion, she isn't a brainless monstrosity. This is the Eldritch Truth at its purest. This is what Insight looks like. The source of healing blood. And she's fucking pathetic! She doesn't want to fight. She's been locked away and abandoned for so long, left alone with her grief for Rom, the closest to a kindred spirit she had in the humans who she had allowed to take her. And the song starts as a triumphant "beat the boss!" theme and it slowly gets more tragic as it goes on until it's practically begging you to stop. You're butchering a beautiful creature, a wondrous one-of-a-kind being above what you can even perceive, who never wished you ill, and the soundtrack is so essential to getting that feeling and it does such a fantastically perfect job of nailing it with its flow from a fairly decent bossfight theme to something tragic that almost shames you, and it does it so subtly halfway through you'd never have even realized it was doing it over the battle.

Ebrietas has the best design in the entire game, her arena is the best area in the entire game, and her song is the best in the entire game. She's the Great Grey Wolf Sif of Bloodborne in every way except with the most glaring issues in Sif's design and bossfight completely fixed.
>>
>>153630523
But alas, not too fast!
>>
>>153630547
The theme kind of reminds me of flying for some reason. It starts out sounding like she's soaring through space, and as it goes on she becomes grounded and trapped.
>>
>>153630521
I'm do chalices up to the Madmen later.
>>
I hate the sound of Micolash yelling AUUUU
>>
>>153630521
Wanna help me with the living failures?
Pass is bbg
>>
>>153630756
Alright, give me 2 minutes, what's your level?
>>
File: Awoo #24.png (668KB, 1000x1000px)
Awoo #24.png
668KB, 1000x1000px
>>153630685
You talking shit on AWOOOO?
>>
>>153630783
>>
>>153630996
Alright, ringing at lamp
>>
>>153629703
Ah so that's what it was
>>
>>153631082
Thanks for the help my dude.
>>
>>153631616
No problem
>>
Kos or some say Kosm
>>
>>153632154
>Kos or some correctly say Kosm

FTFY
>>
Does anyone want to help me through Lower Loran?
>>
File: 1467219513736.png (254KB, 548x545px)
1467219513736.png
254KB, 548x545px
>>153632438
>Kos or as some beastly idiots say Kosm

There we go.
>>
>>153632596
forgot pass is bbg
>>
>>153629810
>unironically posting Cal Santiago

swerve
>>
>>153632632
>beastly idiots say Kosm
>literal beast fishmen say Kos

?????????
>>
>>153632685
I would have to use srrc if that's alright.
>>
Does anybody want to help me farm FRC abhorrent beast?
>>
I start a new job on the 12th, so I've got the better part of a week and change to get through Cainhurst, the DLC, the 3 endings and as much of the chalices as I can stomach. I don't think I can plat the game, but I at least want to get the Blood Gem Master trophy in addition to the other stuff.
>>
>>153632970
I'm on Layer 2 now. Ringing.
>>
>>153633484
If you want a hand, I can help. I'm clumsy but I figure I can do some good in at least diverting attention.

I wanna tackle the DLC more myself, I really want the Boom Hammer.
>>
Has anybody ever gotten a +15 ARC secondary from Amygdala Isz abyssals? The guide for best gem setup in OP says so, but I've never seen an ARC secondary.
>>
>>153633763
The Boom Hammer you can get in the very first area of the DLC. If you're having trouble with the hunters (the Boom Hammer hunters are my bane) use the Augur: knocks them down and away and you can usually score a quick hit or two.
>>
GODDAMN IT WHY CAN BOSSES HIT YOU ON THE GROUND WHEN YOU CAN MOVE OR DEFEND REEEEEEEEEE
>>
So I've got the hunter's axe and LHB up to +9. Which am I better using my first Blood Rock on? Or should I save one for the Moonlight greatsword?
>>
>Finally beat Ludwig and hot the HLMS
Time for my strength/arcane build to get fun
>>
>>153633015
You still farming?
>>
>>153635747
Yeah
>>
>>153635779
shit something just came up, if you are still on in 15-20 minutes I'll farm with you.

Sorry
>>
Wow, Celestial Emissary is easy as shit.
>>
>>153635902
Probably will be here
>>
>>153635903
The real boss awaits further within
>>
>>153635556
Oh yeah, how do I get the good arcane gems again? Never done an arcane build, but I have the augur now which is nice
>>
>>153634682
My Arc isn't high enough

Also Yar Har is a real unpopular area isn't it? I found myself doing better just burning off and not letting anything catch me.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 304x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 304x408px
> beat the entirety of Lower Loran including all side areas and boss without dying or going back to the dream once.

STR builds are OP as shit, Loran Darkbeast took me 50+ attempts on my Arc build.
>>
>>153636026
Oh yeah, I forgot about Macaroni-Face.
>>
File: 1451509263531.png (68KB, 700x400px)
1451509263531.png
68KB, 700x400px
>need to level up BLT by 13 points
>already killed everything
Anybody need or want a powerful wizard co-op preferably story mode partner? I've got all 3 Moon runes equipped and I'm ready for action.
>>
>>153636859
I could use some help with Ebby and Logarius if you're willing. I'm ringing a bell outside Ebby's room.
>>
>>153636910
Do NOT kill my darling Ebrietas. I'll invade you.
>>
>>153635953
I'm back

What's the pass and or glyph?
>>
>>153636910
Coming. Password?
>>
>>153636951
i'm gonna
>>
>>153637053
You're so lucky Fromsoft didn't implement enough covenants and there's not a Choir covenant or I'd invade you while you were fighting the Celestial Emissaries and I'd beat you up
>>
>>153637020
Pass: doll
Glyph: zgv6ezxi
Just need to backup my save
>>
>>153637023
Password is butts, all lowercase.
>>
>>153636859
My next boss is Micolash I think. We can do that or DLC.
>>
>>153637191
I'll help you when I'm done killing Ebby and Logarius. Think you can hold out?
>>
>>153637267
No problem at all. Just post when you're done, I'm in no hurry, I'll be up all night.
>>
>>153637153
It's layer 3 right?

I'm ringing at SRRC.
>>
>>153637376
Yeah, layer 3
>>
GG Shockrocket.
Do you want me to ring at Cainhurst lamp, or at Logarius's fog?
>>
>>153637128
Hey. Guess what.

She ded.

Like. So ded.

>>153637572
Meet me at the fog door? Be there in a bit.
>>
>>153637405
Fug

Guess I should have warned you I have 10 Vitaility. Did you get him? I'm ringing again.
>>
File: 1406292780838.webm (3MB, 1200x510px) Image search: [Google]
1406292780838.webm
3MB, 1200x510px
>>153637720
>summoning for first time playthrough
>taking a picture of your TV
>>
File: 1454717331354.png (576KB, 1200x788px) Image search: [Google]
1454717331354.png
576KB, 1200x788px
>>153637720
>he doesn't have his game set to show Character Names
>>
File: elite come on.png (199KB, 495x309px) Image search: [Google]
elite come on.png
199KB, 495x309px
>>153637785
>didn't kill a secret boss
>this means he's on his first run
>>
>>153637916
>first time he's encountered the boss
Don't be dense.
>>
>>153637764
Yeah, I've farmed with you before lol would you rather farm something more forgiving?
>>
File: umaru souls.png (651KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
umaru souls.png
651KB, 1200x675px
>>153637191
Done. PW? Where do you want to start?
>>
>>153637989
>>153637785

Second playthrough actually, first time I went through blind and missed the Choir and Cainhurst. This is my 'world tour' playthrough, hence why I didn't have the trophy.

>>153637572
Thanks for the help, friendo!
>>
>>153638081
No, I need Bolt gems.

I'll just hang back and pepper him with spells, getting close is sucicide.
>>
>>153638098
How about the Hunters Nightmare, I'll ring at the first lamp.

Pass will be......
umbasa
>>
>>153638185
Meaning you've never beaten ebreitas by yourself.
>>
>>153638198
ringalingin
>>
>>153638275
Meaning who gives a blind shit if someone plays a game differently to you
>>
>>153638275
who cares
>>
>>153638369
t. casual who couldn't git gud
>>
Mother of god that was shameful as usual.

One more attempt then I'll stop waisting your time.
>>
>>153638195
Are you ringing?

Been at SRRC for a while now.
>>
>>153638467
Yeah
>>
File: 1456336826323.png (101KB, 2248x1459px) Image search: [Google]
1456336826323.png
101KB, 2248x1459px
>>153638465
>wasting my time
Madam, I am off of work today. I have all the time.
I also recognize you. I'm Chief Aulon from a couple days ago.
>>
>>153638424
Oh no. A faceless individual on the internet thinks I'm bad at Bloodborne. How will I ever live this down?

Oh wait, I'm having fun with the game anyway. Crisis averted!
>>
>>153638526
Do people not consider the firekeeper in the cell to be the maiden of dark souls 1?
>>
>>153638532
[euphoria intensifies]
>>
>>153638498
Got an Abysall with stamina down curse, but Rally Potential as secondary.

Again?
>>
>>153638772
Yeah, I've got one more in me I think
>>
>>153638526
I always push too hard when I think I can get a kill, then I get stunlocked. Every time.

And I remember being a third wheel to you and Ed.

I'll ring one more time if you're willing.

I am maaaaaan. I just like Emma lord Moldy Butt
>>
>>153638809
Done for now?
>>
Rape horse is kind of strong. Bad rolling doesn't help much though.
>>
>>153639516
Why do people call him rape horse? Is it because of the rape?
>>
File: bread intensified.gif (939KB, 255x164px)
bread intensified.gif
939KB, 255x164px
RERINGING
>>
File: absence.jpg (80KB, 546x553px)
absence.jpg
80KB, 546x553px
>>153639706
It's mostly the consent.

Apparently I'm also prone to chocking.
>>
I know it's supposedly a great weapon, but is the Church Pick fun? It's like the only thing I haven't tried out before.
>>
>>153639972
Its very fun, and feels satisfying to use. The R2's are brutal.
>>
Noice job, Emma.

Keep going? If so, I'll ring in the next available area. Keep your bell on.
>>
>>153640350
Thanks for helping me not choke again. Sure we can do the next area, give me a few moments
>>
Alright so I need to find the next lamp first. Coo.
>>
File: 1456010671063.jpg (29KB, 400x529px)
1456010671063.jpg
29KB, 400x529px
BRB Emma, using potty.
>>
Anybody in need of co-op?
Anybody savescumming FRC?
I'm down for whatever
>>
File: 1456666297015.jpg (130KB, 600x614px)
1456666297015.jpg
130KB, 600x614px
>>153640919
I am about to help a host in the Research Hall.
Pw: umbasa

>>153640895
Also, I'm back. Took shorter than expected Most like due to my gaping gay asshole, the shit sort of just fell out of my body.

Ringing.
>>
>>153641089
What level? I'll get on a character
>>
>>153641156
Doesn't really matter. Pick whatever fun character you've got.
>>
>>153640895
>>153641156

So I apparently need to go back to the first altar and grab the eye pendant.

Feel free to takr a break or whatever
>>
>>153641213
The less downscaling the better
>>
>>153641324
I'm at 72 and just grabbed what I needed, so I'll try and make a mad dash for it.
>>
Ok is there something I'm missing here?

So I'm in the hunters dream ringing my small resonant bell helping people beat Gherman.

If it's just Gherman then it's all fine, we beat him they get the completion everyone goes home happy.

If they go for the other ending with moon presence why is it that everyone I've been matched up with, after beating Gherman they send me back with a silencing blank?

Do they not want to beat moon presence or something?
>>
>>153641487
On my way
>>
>>153641514
It would cause them to enter NG+, they probably want to restock or only wanted the burial blade.
>>
>>153641592
Ah ok.

I just thought this late into the game maybe they would want to just get it done and go into NG+whatever.
>>
Okay, I'll ring now. After this, I should launder my clothes.
>>
So, "umbasa" at the research hall lamp, right?
>>
Bodied by a goddamn lobe.

I hate how you can't break out of certain holds.

You guys wanna keep going?
>>
>>153642330
I've got nothing better to do today, I'm good to carry on
>>
Strength or Skill for a PvE co-op build?
>>
Why are these atrophied whores so nimble?
>>
File: 1461753021426.gif (366KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1461753021426.gif
366KB, 400x328px
Welly welly well, we're doing great lol
>>
Give me a second to restock if we're going to fight mai waifu
>>
Lady Maria is the finur boss right? So there are pretty much 3 main bosses?
>>
>>153643065
Not even close
>>
File: 1393810762078.gif (2MB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1393810762078.gif
2MB, 300x220px
>>153643065
Lol
>>
>>153643121
>>153643149
Awesome then. It felt like she was given that she's the poster girl. Anyway I'll ring Asap. Laundry can wait.
>>
Is there ever a reason to use Formless Oedon? Even on my Arcane build I rarely burn through all 20 bullets, and even when I am running low I can just get blood bullets. Is it just for Cannon shenanigans or what?
>>
>>153643297
It's useful for farming and for high bullet usage on bosses. I use it for farming cold abyssals, with blood bullets. At 50% hp and 29 bullets (24 +5) I usually end up with about 3 or 4 left, he can sometimes teleport too, which wastes one. At 50 ARC.
If you don't need the additional stamina or they extra 10% hp rune won't help you, might as well get more casts.
>>
>>153643297
Cannon Shenanigins and A Call Beyond
>>
So Maria-chan stole my precious thing.

Was doing okay till I stopped doing okay.
>>
>>153643281
Where are you ringing? Taking a while to connect
>>
>>153643526
At the research lamp. I had to die by her hand first.

Was the professor coming too?
>>
>>153643589
Switched to my ARC character instead
>>
That both literally and figuratively just happened.
>>
Sooooo... fishing hamlet?
>>
I think this arc character is a little too OP for this area, I'll switch to a lower level when we next summon
>>
Switching to my WHEEL build, Emma. I'll ring at the hut lamp.
>>
I'll wait at this lamp I guess.
>>
Lol my BLT build I was using, I accidentally used my Bloodletter without gems, no wonder I was doing garbage damage with it. I was wondering what was happening.
>>
File: 00000065-001.png (16KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
00000065-001.png
16KB, 291x300px
>>153644327
>Wheel build hasn't even gone into the Research Lab
F U C K

Ringing as Voldemort
>>
>>153644291
We're at lighthouse hut btw moldybutt
>>
I love getting my chest bashed into with a butcher knife.
>>
So I was going back through all the areas just because I was bored (I haven't beat moonpresence yet because I'm helping a friend with the game now) and I found this just after GasMoney but just before the cathedral ward.

What the fuck?

I've never seen this before.
>>
>>153644737
she was pregnant from odeon, that's the baby, check on yosefska
>>
>>153644737
The blood moon has a strange effect
>>
File: daniel.jpg (80KB, 634x636px) Image search: [Google]
daniel.jpg
80KB, 634x636px
This isn't fun anymore
>>
>>153644786
Should I kill her and it or just leave them?

Also where will I find yosefska? Last I remember she was in the clinic on the table but It's been almost a year since I last played the game I can't remember.
>>
>>153644737
Also that's the whore, right?
>>
>>153644835
So apparently a fishing hamlet has parts where you can walk off the edge and die.

Ones own self is the game's true challenge.
>>
Shall we just B-line fishing hamlet shortcuts? Or continue exploring? Lol
>>
File: 1456808124068.jpg (64KB, 614x409px)
1456808124068.jpg
64KB, 614x409px
2manyexplosions
>>
File: 1392597531396.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1392597531396.gif
2MB, 310x325px
>>153645054
I opened up the shortcut already but you two kept taking the scenic route
>>
>>153645089
I figure it's their first time through the DLC, might as well see it, get chunks, optional armour etc...
But we can just run the elevator shortcut if that's what the host wants
>>
>>153644842
depends on wether you want the umbilical chord. if so, kill her.

yo-yo is in the clinic, the back can be acessedd through the forbidden woods
>>
>>153645258
Well I already have 3 umbilical cords as I'm on moon presence.

What will Iosefska do?
>>
Man that seems like a neat weapon the Orphan has.

And sick dodges on my part.
>>
File: lebeta.jpg (1MB, 3600x2400px)
lebeta.jpg
1MB, 3600x2400px
One and a half misteps and I meet my omega.
>>
File: Utter disgust.gif (1MB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
Utter disgust.gif
1MB, 200x190px
>>153645458
>neat weapon the Orphan has
>>
>>153645327
She drops a fourth, in case you got Ariana killed or couldn't get one of the others. She also drops a rune before the Red Moon, so hit her up on NG+ to get that, it's pretty good IIRC
>>
>>153645458
that's a placenta anon...
>>
>>153645731
>>153645836
It's been giving me lethal doses of placenta.

Also what's down the elevator well?
>>
>>153645908
>Also what's down the elevator well?
Take a look
>>
>>153645774
Ah ok thanks, figured I'd already killed her as she was probably the third and Arianna was the 4th.

I'll let her live the rest of her life in hell with a demon spawn kid.

Thanks.
>>
>>153646006
If you've got 3 and haven't killed Mergo's Wet Nurse, then yeah, she's already dead. Otherwise, Mergo drops the third you need.
>>
That gaint glitched into me and I died.
>>
This boss is a fish asshole.
>>
This parentless bastard is tough.
>>
File: 1468489994861.png (647KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
1468489994861.png
647KB, 618x618px
>charged R2 to his back
>doesn't knock him into visceral position
DUDE LMAO
>>
So apparently I'm not allowed to live through bosses.

Thanks again for your patience and help giys
>>
That kill damn well better have counted. I got the vermin.
>>
Would anybody like to do some co-op? Got a new build at Amelia/hemwick, level 30.
I'm not bothered about level, just want to make it less monotonous to go through.
>>
>>153647017
I've been given copius aid, I can at least help someone else.

Let me start a load of laundry and I'll be set.

>>153646912
Lmao it did
>>
>>153647168
>I've been given copius aid, I can at least help someone else.
It's Eldrich Princess/hubert
I'll ring at the cathedral ward lamp, might as well keep the same password
>>
>>153647217
Mkay heading there now
>>
File: concern.jpg (19KB, 317x233px)
concern.jpg
19KB, 317x233px
>>153626340
>tfw fighting Ludwig and Laurence for the very first time in NG+2 because I didn't have the DLC at first.
Holy shit were those some fights that still make my ass tighten.
I've beaten nearly every boss by myself except for those two.
>>
>>153647507
Hemwick charnel lane lamp?
>>
>>153647680
Laurence is Quelaag 2.0, right? He's a motherfucker on NG, let alone NG+
>>
>>153647814
Be right there
>>
>>153647830
Next time I see a screaming horse I'm just gonna bend over, pull my pants down and let them fuck my ass instead of doing what they did to me otherwise.
>>
Shamefur. I'm ringing and trying to catch up
>>
>>153648109
It's ok, I ran back to the lamp
>>
Came too close to dying too many times.
>>
>>153648645
It's my low level, it scales your stats down to me.
Would you like to continue and do some of the forest?
>>
>>153648729
We can, sure.
>>
So rolling into each other doesn't make us impervious to damage, good to know
>>
>>153649172
Lol, I'm gonna take a break from this run. Do you need any more help on yours?
>>
>>153649238
I'm all good lol. I might be on later today but I have work in the evening
>>
>>153649307
Alright, have a good one
>>
>>153649342
You as well, thanks
>>
>Reminder that Gehrman had constant sex with the doll before the hunter appears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4pnkQphxnM
>>
So why was Maria-chan guarding the nightmare?
>>
>>153626612
>I'm 33/34/41
Well there's your problem
You don't even have a single stat in the 2nd softcap

>>153641592
If they wanted the Burial Blade they should've just gotten the Uncanny one in the Chalices
You don't even need the Normal version unlocked to get it
>>
>>153651123
>If they wanted the Burial Blade they should've just gotten the Uncanny one in the Chalices
>You don't even need the Normal version unlocked to get it

You do however, need to have FRC dungeons unlocked.
>>
>>153651123
What do you mean, 2nd softcap?
>>
>>153651895
He means 50
>>
>>153650965
She likely died in the real world while on the Byrgenwerth campaign, and she was trapped in the Nightmare where she saw the error of her ways. This would also explain Gehrman's attachment to her.
>>
Anyone farming?
>>
>>153650965
There's wasn't much for her to do after she anheroed.
>>
Oh man, Rom Spiders show up without Rom in the labyrinth? Cool. Do any other adds show up without their bosses?
>>
Anyone want to co op in the 1zt chalice?
>>
>>153620891
>>153620970
Lel i trolled u goys so hard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67nJ2RZYvUk

lol :^)
>>
>Kill Labyrinth Rom in one L2 with my buffed Whirligig

I've never came on myself from using a weapon before but there's a first time for everything
>>
>>153653968
Stop shilling your shitty videos here.
>>
>>153654187
lol dumb socially stunted paranoid neckbeard
>>
>>153654274
Need to be 18+ to post here, friend.
>>
>>153654342
You need to leave your basement once in a while, virgin.
>>
File: (you).gif (415KB, 480x238px)
(you).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>153654375
>>
What are some fun builds /bbg/? I've tried str/arcane and it wasn't my thing.
>>
Anybody help with boss in 1zt chalice, layer 3?
>>
>>153656109
pass?
>>
>>153656305
>>
>>153656305
coming?
>>
>>153656305
Hehe, wanna try again?
>>
>>153656913
Sure
Let me switch Character
I didn't know you meant Isz
>>
>>153657029
Ringing
>>
>>153657029
Thanks!
>>
>>153657741
np
>>
File: lok.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
lok.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>153654375
>Using the virgin meme on /r/bbg
>>
Anyone want to co-op in that FUCKING defiled chalice dungeon? I'm at the first boss.
>>
>>153659024
Not the guy your arguing with but yes all the pussy slayers on 4chan go to /bbg/
>>
>>153659136
pass?
>>
>>153659296
So how about that Alfred. Hnnng
>>
>>153659357
>>
So does literally anyone care about the bloodborne card game? Just checked the wiki to see this is a game
>>
>>153659546
searchan
>>
>>153659357
You coming? 3689
>>
What would be a good BL150 build?
I was thinking of Cruel Fate, 50 VIT, STR, SKILL, and 30 END? or should i go 20 END and raise BT to 15?
>>
>>153659672
fuuck. Mind another go?
>>
>>153651895
The first is 25 then 50
hard cap is 99
>>
>>153659920
Never raise your END beyond 25

If you need more Stamina just use Anti-clockwise Metamorphosis runes
>>
>>153659726
Thanks! Wanna continue with me even though I suck?
>>
>>153659920
Noble Scion
40/10/25/50/50/25
>>
>>153660201
sure!
>>
>>153659968
Softcap is 25. Hardcap is 50. 99 is just the max a stat can go
>>
>>153659672
I'm still alive, but a little lost. Just killed a guy with a chain
>>
>>153661050
searching again, hopefully SRRC will be nice and reconnect us
>>
>>153659920
>150
For what purpose

>>153660109
>25 end
Just go with 15 and the 20% end rune. Its essentially the same.
>>
File: KYS, or some say, KYSM.jpg (140KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
KYS, or some say, KYSM.jpg
140KB, 600x600px
>>153660713
>>
>>153661127
That's what I mean when I said never to raise your END beyond 25 since it's pointless.
>>
>>153660713
>is just the max a stat can go
This is the definition of a hardcap, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>153661395
In souls games its different. Have fun leveling your stats after 50 tell me how much it helps cockmongler
>>
>>153661596
>he doesn't know about 99 arc builds
Stop posting anytime.
>>
>>153661596
>He hasn't done a 99ARC character
Enjoy being a Filthy Vermin Infested Beast

Go back to /dsg/ where you belong
>>
>>153661765
>>153661785
>but with arcane you can level it to 99 so the stats finally good!
Kys
>>
>>153661884
>le kys
back to red.dit with you
>>
>>153661884
>finally good
t. Arc isn't viable memer
>>
>>153661979
Yeah cause reddits full of dicks telling each other to kys so the term originated there.
You first m8
>>
>>153661091
Fuuck! Me and the NPC ALMOST got him! Wanna try again?
>>
>>153662141
>no u xD
ebin
>>
>>153662340
Alright i will admit u got me
Nice b8 m8 would fall for again.
>>
>>153662232
sure, searching again - had to swap some gems around
>>
>>153662542
Hehe, I'm still ringing if you aren't fed up
>>
>>153662232
Speaking of which are there any NPC's in the game that actually do solid damage against a boss? Anytime i summon one they are more like distracting targets to a boss instead of actual help
>>
>>153663417
Valtr and Queen Killer are pretty solid
>>
>>153662542
Nice! Wanna co-op more? Have to finish in haf an hou though.
>>
>>153663417
They are mostly distractions in my opinion
>>
>get summoned into SRRC random co-op
>beckoner hasn't fucking moved in nearly five minutes

Why do people do this?
>>
>didnt realize using the music box too much transforms Gascione.
>goes beast mode and claws my shit up at 80% health
Neat
>>
What's the point of Chalice Dungeons? Is it just to get gems, or is there some end point? And what's the difference between shit like Hintertomb and Isz and the other various chalices, compared to the Pthumerian ones?
>>
>>153663895
I am so fucking lost lol
>>
need help rushing through dlc for kos parasite
currently in front of ludwig
pass is bbg
bl 32
>>
>>153665515
There's a number of reasons. Part of it is getting the best gems in the game, some unique bosses, lost and uncanny weapons, a unique weapon and two unique armour sets, plus the Pthumerian Queen boss. Mostly, it's to prolong the longevity of the game with the randomized root chalices.

Functionally, there's little different between the different chalices. Different ones just get harder the higher their depth number is (depth five is the hardest, depth one the easiest) and different types get a different lick of paint, Loran is dusty and sandy, Isz is all blue and eldritch, different chalice types have different enemies and bosses.

Lore-wise, these are the actual Labyrinths that Byrgenwerth discovered and explored, this is where they found the old blood and the whole reason for why the game is even happening.
>>
>>153665515
Best runes
Best gems
Uncanny and Lost weapons
>>
>>153665559
Haha, yeah what a fucking maze! Well, thanks for all the help. Maybe see you later!
>>
>>153664759
Because I'm a little drunk and to scared to move an inch alone
>>
>>153664759
Wear your hoh or vileblood rune to have a chance at killing their afk asses.
>>
>>153665831
alright im gonna commit suicide, ive never seen him do that attack before
>>
>>153665357
>too much
the trigger is getting his HP to a certain %
>>
>>153667564
If you spam music box he transforms early.
>>
>>153667564
If you use the music box 3 times he transforms early
>>
>>153665831
Jesus christ, the downscaling is real
>>
>>153665831
you guys need any more hoonters?
>>
>>153668337
>>153668714
JUST
we can do it guys we just have to believe!
>>
>>153668868
switching characters again...
>>
>>153669472
im getting so triggered right now
>>
>>153669825
when all else fails, LASERS
>>
>>153669825
it was a long hourney but in the end, we did it! thanks guys
>>
alright lads living failures time
pass is bbg
bl 36
>>
Logarius? I'm going to ring at the Cainhurst lamp with password bbg323, for whoever's interested.
>>
Anybody want to help with Amygdala in the 1zt Chalice? At the door with a sexy NPC by my side.
>>
>>153672068
you still ringing? i'll help
>>
>>153671661
If you still need a hand I can be there in about fifteen minutes or so.
>>
>>153674610
sounds good, ill be ringing till then
>>
>>153672068
Fuck ive never been double hit like that
>>
Jeeze, I've done Logarius at lower levels with worse weapons, I don't understand the problem with this character.
>>
>>153674840
Alright, ringing at the fog?
>>
Amygdala, chalice? Someone?
>>
>>153675563
ye
>>
>>153675681
not that guy, but i've been ringing for a while with no hits.
>>
I wish the bb community spread memes that executioner rune is a must for newbies in the chalice dungeon.
>surprise! Im not here to help at all!
>>
Seems the Ardeo was the trick
>>
>>153675641
Pass?
>>
>>153675854
Help me instead? Amygdala, chalice
>>
>>153676164
how do i get to you? i don't mess with chalices.
>>
>>153676117
password 3689, outside the door of Amygdala in chalice
>>
>>153579321
Cronenbyrgenworth
>>
>>153676261
Just set your password to 3689 and search co-op on the first chalice stone
>>
>>153676446
omw then
>>
>>153676309
Ringing. You said Isz right? Or did you mean Defiled?
>>
>>153676595

Sorry, meant defiled
>>
>>153676667
Kek, did that count?
>>
File: END Yourself28.jpg (1MB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
END Yourself28.jpg
1MB, 1000x1334px
Look what I just got in the mail guys!
>>
Dafuck, I died at the same time as the boss, but thanfully it registred! Thank you, whoever you were helping me!
>>
>>153677136
Haha, yes
>>
>>153675681
Hamlet next, or will you ring for Orphan?
>>
>>153677208
What is that? Is it actually that grainy or is your camera shit?
>>
Belatedly; thanks Dante.

I would have sent ahead a post of thanks sooner, but I had to go and see to it that the Queen was executed after looting all of her good looking shit and swindling her out of her badge. My bad.
>>
Why aren't there passworded invasions...

I wanna fight these coopers.
>>
File: END Yourself30.jpg (1MB, 1000x1334px)
END Yourself30.jpg
1MB, 1000x1334px
>>153677537
What does it look like famygdala?
>>
>>153677212
You're welcome ;). You might wanna forget about summoning Queen Killer next time though, he sucks for this fight and more summons increases the boss' health.
>>
>>153635556
What level did you do it at, curiously? Cause I'm trying to do the same thing.
>>
Alright boys, i need some brave souls willing to fight the orphan for me
pass is bbg
bl 44
>>
>>153677985
i'll be there. where are you ringing?
>>
>>153677764
Around level 50
I had fine damage with my whirlsaw(and tons of practice on his 1st form from my first playthrough) however the slowness of the saw fucked me in his second form until I learn to just keep on spamming dodge towards him and to his left. You could probably do it even earlier since I've seen people here get to failures at level 40 and shit
>>
>>153678019
at the fog gate
>>
>>153647830
Fuck Laurence and his spewing ass volcano in phase 3.

Little shit.
>>
>>153677661
No problem man, although I was in such a hurry to execute her and get the Golden helm I forgot to her badge and now I have to wait until I can get to the sacrificial altar
>>
>>153677684
A PS4 skin?
>>
>>153678104
i'll be ringing, i just have to put my laundry in the dryer. brb
>>
>>153678093
Ah gotcha. Thanks, anon.

I'm doing a new Arcane run and I want to get the Kos Parasite ASAP. Just got to Ludwig yesterday, but my damage is so low, so I'm going to have to upgrade my weapon.

I'm around level 35, but I think I have a good chance, as long as I dodge correctly.
>>
>>153678104
I'm ringing too.
>>
>>153678613
alright we're gonna try again just gotta buy blood vials
>>
File: END Yourself29.jpg (1MB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
END Yourself29.jpg
1MB, 1000x1334px
>>153678283
No.
>>
>>153678228
I still need to grab the Upper Cathedral Ward key but I'm a jack ass who doesn't know how to fall into the damn cage. It sucks too because I'm an ARC build.
>>
I wish someone hacked the game so I could see the face of Annalise
>>
>>153678093
>>153677764
If you pumped vit to 40 before bl50 the main game becomes really managable.
>>
>>153679283
I wish someone hacked the game so I could marry Annalise and give her the child she desperately craves
>>
File: 1467478913233.gif (642KB, 800x567px)
1467478913233.gif
642KB, 800x567px
>>153680220
O-original pic pls
>>
Nice. I forgot I had cursed kin attack down gems on my rakuyo, but it went fine anyways.
>>
thank you guys, the brocolli girl dream has come true
>>
>>153680220
Why are the feet censored.
>>
File: HrhXVEm.jpg (267KB, 1680x1260px) Image search: [Google]
HrhXVEm.jpg
267KB, 1680x1260px
>>153680467
>>
>>153680467
http://www.imagefap.com/photo/1062212417/
>>
>>153681089
>no pubic hair
what an impure slut
>>
bloodborne still my favorite game in the last 10 years.
>>
>>153681304
it's definitely one of my top games ever.
>>
Anybody want to help with the hunter-bitch and Rom afterwards? New game+ is brutal!
>>
File: 56431062_p0.jpg (395KB, 729x945px)
56431062_p0.jpg
395KB, 729x945px
>>153681089
>>153681107
Thanks babes
>>
>>153681430
pass and where are you ringing?
>>
>>153681506
3689, just outside of the bulding where you meet the hunter/jumps to Rom
>>
>>153681686
alright i'm ringing. which side of the building?
>>
>>153681808
Where you unlock the gate. Have killed all the enemises around
>>
>>153681304
Nothing can scratch the itch like Bloodborne.

Nothing has has such a consistently good aesthetic design like this fucking game and I hate it. I couldn't play more than about half an hour of Witcher 3 because everything looked so horribly dull and bland, more grimderp medieval Europe with 'realism' tacked on, DaS3 just seems like a bunch of random areas strung together with no particular rhyme or reason, whereas Bloodborne is overtly stylized without being too fantastic, it's consistent and everything just flows together. It's tight as shit. That's not even talking about the godlike worldbuilding and use of influences. Some of it is personal bias because I'm a huge Lovecraft fan, but goddamn this game is a genuine masterpiece.
>>
>>153681856
i've been ringing there for a while.
>>
>>153681808
Well, the hunter one-shoted me. Were you ringing? Try again? 3689
>>
>>153681856
Can I join?
>>
>>153682054
FUCK! try again? Was it 2 hunters??
>>
>>153682068
i'm ringing again. that npc hunter should be gone because i killed her as you died.
>>153682306
was me, 1 hunter
>>
>>153682078
yes, 3689
>>
>>153682446
Burgertown yeah? I'm aringing
>>
>>153682446
you need to get rid of that old hunter npc so the other anon can coop with us.
>>
>>153678989
Why buy when you can farm for it just outside his arena?
>>
So i'm BL135 and can't defeat Ludwig. Did everything in the main game. Well, except for farming blood gems, my gems are shit but they do the job.

My build:
35 vit
30 end
30 str
45 skill
20 bt
25 arc

Should I get to 40ish level or pump more into skill/str for damage? Maybe life/end but I don't see how that is gonna help me much...
>>
>>153680220
>>153681089
I don't get the deal with this bitch.
She's not even that hot.

Fauxsefka is way hotter
But the true best is Gascoin's daughter
>>
>>153682757

It's not even NG+ am I that bad...

The main game wasn't even that hard I was afraid I was underleveled but since the 110s I can't get past this huge faggot, much less his OP second form.
>>
>>153682407
Wanna try again, damn it was hard. Maybe I shouldn't summon the NPC?
>>
File: Bloody Crow of Cainhurst.png (18KB, 524x412px) Image search: [Google]
Bloody Crow of Cainhurst.png
18KB, 524x412px
>>153682757
>Not a single stat at 50
>30 End
>20 Blt
Nigga what the fucking hell are you doing?
>>
>>153682640
Ok, trying again. You still here other guy? Password 3689
>>
>>153683116

30 end is great.

Yeah, so getting 50 skill would change that much? How about after? I don't see how a little over 10 damage boost would help me much.
>>
>>153683209
yeah i'm ringing
>>
>>153682757
I would absolutely pump your Vitality to 40, hell go to 50 since you're such a high level anyway.

Also, remember that Ludwig is a beast, so serrated weapons and fire do extra damage.

Other than that, he is tough and supposed to be tough, it's a matter of timing mostly.
>>
>>153683310
30 End is shit
Get that shit to 15 and get the 20% Anti Clockwise Metamorphosis rune
The numbers will be the fucking same

>Yeah, so getting 50 skill would change that much? How about after? I don't see how a little over 10 damage boost would help me much.
>He thinks it's only 10 dmg boost
Get your shitty weapon to +10 already
>>
>>153683398
Again, folks? He beat the shit out of us. 3689
>>
>>153661127
BL 150 so I have enough stamina for a quality build
END is a good stat. 20 END is not enough. Isn't the meta suppose to be BL 150?
>>
>>153683493

Maybe getting 50 is better than 40 of arcane, bot yeah, at least 5 more levels, maybe more damage... I hear getting levels on NG+ is hard but idk how hard.
>>
File: 1472539054796.png (280KB, 569x570px)
1472539054796.png
280KB, 569x570px
>>153683703
Do you not fucking hear what I just fucking said?

GET A MOTHER FUCKING STAMINA RUNE YOU SHITTY LITTLE REDDIT BASTARD
>>
>>153683586
LITERALLY impossible. One-shoted again...
>>
>>153683950

Where do I even get that rune? I use a 15% one already.
>>
One, final try on ROM folks?
>>
>>153684043
google it you filthy beast bastard
>>
>>153665924
>nique weapon

what weapon??
>>
>>153682640
Pretty sure npc summons don't take up slots
>>
>>153684097
i'm ringing outside the building again.
>>
>>153684043
There's a 20% rune in a chalice dungeon, can't recall which, it should be on the wiki
>>
>>153684334
Beast Claws, they're in the second layer on Ailing Loran.
>>
>>153684443
Ringing at the door.>>153684408
Should I summon the NPC then?
>>
>>153684589
NPC's take up slots
>>
>>153684589
where did the beast claw build ring his bell? we should wait there. or tell him to go to the fog gate.
>>
Tobias, wanna test the theory of we can be three humans and one NPC? Ringing outside of ROM, pass 3689
>>
>>153685010
I'm just ringing around Byrgenwerth, haven't picked you up yet, was at the lamp, I'm outside the building, where should I move? The summon radius is pretty wide
>>
New thread when
>>
>>153685056
We're at the fog gate.
>>
>>153685056
NPC summon sign's disapear when you have 2 co-operators with you.

And if you have 2 NPCs with you, other co-op players can't resonate with you.
>>
>>153685173
Fog gate, but we have the NPC...
>>
>>153685173
go to fog gate.
>>
>>153685190
Baking.
>>
File: 54571914_p0.jpg (420KB, 595x842px)
54571914_p0.jpg
420KB, 595x842px
>>153685620
>>153685620
>>153685620
>>
>>153685268
Ok, next time then. We got him! THANKS RICHARD!
Thread posts: 778
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.