[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nmsg/ No Man's Sky General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 752
Thread images: 123

File: 1470834051734.png (129KB, 504x923px) Image search: [Google]
1470834051734.png
129KB, 504x923px
No Man's Sky general. Lyin' Sean edition.

Out right now for PS4, PC release on Friday the 12th.

>What is this game?
A relaxing procedurally generated space exploration game with some combat and trading.

>What do you do in the game?
From the HG website, http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/what-do-you-do-in-no-mans-sky/

>Is there multiplayer?
Lmao.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160809151720.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160809151720.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
1st for DLC keys soon.
>>
>>151295824
you get v2 and v3 by following the atlas path.

just found a planet with lots of gravitino balls all over, 27k each ez money but lots of man robots.
>>
2nd for happy Gek merchants
>>
Anyone have the OP pic from last thread?
>>
Does anyone know the general location for AquaSpheres? Under deep water? In shallow ponds? Near water? Rainy planets? I bought the few I needed from a space station but it'd be nice to know for future use.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 511x288px
>>151296174
>>
This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.
A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.
Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.
What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?
Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.
But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?
How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but..."
We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.
Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.
If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.
>>
>>151296326
Thanks nigga
>>
>>151296367
Great copypasta. Have a (You).
>>
>>151296367
Which one of you keeps posting this on Reddit?
Don't stop
>>
>>151296367
Stop posting this
>>
The people that are finding the game, "boring" or "redundant" simply don't get it.
Don't blame them, they've been playing COD, Pokemon Go and FarmVille all their lives.
How often has the gaming industry given them the opportunity to simply think for themselves and decide for themselves what they want to do in a game. They aren't in the habit of deciding for themselves.. "Hmmm I wonder if I can reach the seabed of this Gigantic ocean... What will I find ?? ". or any of the other THOUSANDS of things you can decide to try in NMS.
Their brains simply can't grasp the enormity of possibility and so they revert to what they know..."Who do i fight ?"..."What does the games story tell me to do ??", "Who do I fight.. again".
To these people I say, "Dig deeper". Set a goal for yourself. You see that huge beast in the distance. If you need to shoot something, give that a go and I guarantee you'll have "Something to do".
NMS will not take you by the hand and walk you through the experience. But, if you have a little persistence and keep digging, you are going to see some Amazing stuff and be telling your friends..."Coolest thing happened on MNS."
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810062002.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810062002.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
Where do I get Aluminum and Nickel from?
>>
>>151296661

They can be found in either the crystals that look similar to Plutonium or the large deposits that look similar to Heridium. If the crystals/deposits you see aren't what you need then switch planets.
>>
>>151296619

>nms is a qualia experience

LOL, gotta love this absurd logic.
>>
>>151296367
Ah yes, fellow Seanfriend! Back to the most fulfilling gameplay of all!

Defending Saint Sean on the message boards!

Praise Him, our Sacred Lord Developer, Whose Cum We Drink With Gratitude Every New Dawn, Noon, and Dusky Eve!

Sean, if you are reading this, thank you, I love you. I treasure your presence in this universe.
>>
This is a game of discovery.

Think about it.

If Sean Murry is the creator of the game universe then he is comparable to a God (I'm not saying I'm a believer, that's a whole different can of worms)

Now how rubbish would it be if God told us everything about the universe right from the start. Fire, quantum physics, space travel...

I think Sean is leaving heaps out and being coy about stuff to let us discover things for ourselves. Multiplayer for one. How ace would it be if after a month of us all resigning ourselves to no multiplayer to BOOM we see another player. That would be amazing.

Just a thought
>>
>>151297359
So are we just posting reddit pastas now?
>>
>>151296619
Listen you ignorant piece of shit. Thousands?

THOUSANDS?

Take a step back.

Take a deep breath.

Let me explain something to you.

Sean Murray, and his small studio of just a handful of self trained developers and math wizards have given us not thousands of things to do, but a UNIVERSE of things to do.

GALAXIES UPON GALAXIES filled with billions and billions of stars, each star with its own solar system, a sun, suns, orbited by planets, each orbited by moons - teaming with life like the human mind has never even begun to imagine yet. Each new planet you visit will have an entire ecosystem to explore, geography to map, maybe even continents, plate tectonics... the wonders are infinite, as infinite as space itself!

So you better reel back your "thousands" nonsense.

I am waiting for an apology to the fan community, and to Hello World and Sean personally.
>>
The negativity got to me...

Unfortunately, it ruined the game for me. I don't really have a lot in my life, and I was so happy to get the limited edition in the mail,
got some pizza and had a blast. I played for a while, and had to take a break and decided to browse. I thought everyone would feel how
I felt about it, but no, all I saw was people attacking Sean for lying about multiplayer. I couldn't care less about multiplayer
because I'm kinda a loner anyway, but everyone else did. Everyone hates Sean now, and I felt bad for loving the game so much.

I understand the negative criticism for some features, but the game surprised me so much with the features I didn't know about before,
the postivites outweighed the negatives. Now though, with that negativity is looming over me, and I'm not feeling so good about the game.
I thought this community would make me feel great about this game, but instead it made me feel horrible for buying it.
This happened with me with Fallout 4 and Uncharted 4, where games I loved playing suddenly had their flaws be the only thing I
saw after visiting their communities. Call me weak or a pussy for letting someone else's opinion affect mine so much, but trust me, I wish it didn't.

NMS was the main reason I got out of bed yesterday morning, but now I can't look at it the same. At this point, all I can say is "that's it."
I'm done. I don't feel that excited about anything else this year, so sorry, but I'm giving up. I can't find a community who praises these games, so I'm left with hating them.
>>
Has anyone from HG responded about all this negativity yet?
>>
>>151297756
Yes.
>>
can you travel freely from star to star?

Does the "space" inbetween these stars actually exist in game, or is warping the only way to achieve interstellar travel?
>>
Has anyone in this thread found something made by someone else yet?
>>
>>151298368
Warping is the only way. Sean will try to bullshit, but you can't even really see other stars to know if you're going towards it or not. Also take into consideration the fact that you can't even fly toward the star in your own solar system. It doesn't get any closer.
>>
>>151298723
This right here. I dunno why so many people are praising this as a technical marvel. The universe is not seamless, and every planet is basically the same.
>>
>>151298109
>I'm enjoying this thing but other people aren't so I don't enjoy it anymore

How does this person enjoy anything in life?
>>
>>151299251
sounds like tumblr.
>>
>>151298723
>>151298368

Serious question, why would you ever want to manually traverse literal light years of empty space?
>>
Does the game have multiplayer Y/N?
>>
File: CphfL5fXgAElOgm.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CphfL5fXgAElOgm.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
Share your ship.
>>
>>151301258
I'm just using the preorder one.

btw, a gun with wideshot 5, and +3 impact instagibs the sentries, and 2 shots the robot dogs.
only issue it that it flings your camera to the sky every shot.
>>
Do people prefer the Laser system or the photon cannons when doing space combat? I find the lasers to be more beneficial to me.
>>
>>151298723
Are there multiple planets in each "map"?

At least freelancer size?
>>
>>151301508

Dump some recoil reducers on that shit man.
>>
Pisses me off that theres not some sort of SAVE button. I have to be careful to remember to get in and out of my ship before I warp to another system thanks to crashing issues.

Had to track down the last animal on that planet TWICE.
>>
>>151301258
I have the bonus one atm. Just went in an emeril frenzy for like 3 hours and now I have 3.9 million. Sitting in a space station waiting to to buy the biggest fucker I can. Will post results.
>>
Hey, is this game worth the 60 or not?
>>
>>151301906

You save literally every time you discover a new location.
>>
>>151301667
Usually around 5.

>>151299778
Because Sean said you could. Somebody will probably wanna test his word. (Even though we know what his word is worth now)
>>
>>151301258
That's a nice one. I'm jelly. How many slots?

Like >>151301508
I'm still using the pre-order ship cause I found one I like, but couldn't afford it.
>>
>>151298109
You're an idiot. Admit that your hopes for the game were too high, don't blame "negativity" because it's easier than admitting you were wrong yourself.
>>
>>151302406
25 slots.
>>
How do i restart my fuckin game? I redeemed my pre-order ship, and now I can't fucking warp, since the ship I traded to didn't have a warp drive, and I never got to do the tutorial, because the Pre order ship already had one.
>>
>>151299778
Extrasolar planets and other cool things we know the developers for this turd lacked the imagination or vision to bother to care about.
>>
>>151302638
then go do the tutorial and make a warp drive.

you can delete your save in your ps4 memory.
>>
>>151302939
How? I've already warped away from that place like 3 times.
>>
Been playing for about 6 hours and still haven't got the first atlas pass.
>>
File: 1401085007302.jpg (30KB, 290x350px) Image search: [Google]
1401085007302.jpg
30KB, 290x350px
>been watching streamers play No Man's Sky for a while now
>still can't figure out what the point of the game is
ummmm, guys? all I see are grown men """"exploring"""" barren terrain and picking things up off the ground.
>>
>>151303420
just like in Minecraft
>>
>>151303275
How many times have you warped?
>>
File: No Man's Settlement.jpg (54KB, 728x632px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Settlement.jpg
54KB, 728x632px
>>151303420
>still can't figure out what the point of the game is
it's what people have been asking for two years
>>
>>151303819
I will literally hang myself in my closest if they add a Radiant Quest Nigger.
>>
Loving meeting up with other players to show them my creations!
>>
>>151303149
you should still have the quest to make the thing.
>>
File: drink your problems away.jpg (110KB, 552x364px) Image search: [Google]
drink your problems away.jpg
110KB, 552x364px
>mfw find a NPC selling AntiMatter and he wants 108.3% of market average for it.
>>
>>151303819
I'm curious to see how they do base building. It'd be kinda dumb to build a big ass base and then warp a few systems away and never go back to it again.
>>
So, how is it?
>>
>>151303708
once,and i have made a couple warp cells
>>
File: image.png (30KB, 233x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30KB, 233x347px
>tfw found a planet full of those plants with pearls inside them
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 1200x675px
So found an emeril deposit and it just keeps going down. I don't know if I wanna go any further because I might get stuck. Have found a cave down here though but no way out of it.
>>
>>151304331

After you warp a couple times Atlas will guide you to a monolith and that will start you on the
Atlas Path.
>>
I think before they go adding bases, they should probably add some way of going back to the places you've been before. I couldn't find my way back to the system I just left. Sure would be neat to somehow see the places we've been on the galaxy map.
>>
>>151304484
most deposits don't give minerals past surface depth.
>>
>>151304331
After several jumps, I think it's 3 or 4, you get a quest marker basically. Some dude will give you one. You won't miss it.
>>
>>151304484

Use grenades to make a walkable incline upwards.
>>
>>151304243
They'd have to increase the size of your ship perhaps. The game doesn't keep a planet static, so you don't get to keep whatever outpost you built. Maybe mini-space stations, but then what's the point when you travel to dozens of other systems and leave it in the dust?

You're a rolling stone in this game. An explorer, not a settler.
>>
>>151304604
>>151304645
ok, thanks
>>
>>151304625
This one is giving me it still. But I can't mine the middle, only outer. If I go only farther I don't think I'll be able to jetpack out. I'm also curious to see how deep I can go.
>>
Is this game pretentious?
>>
>>151304791
>>151304609
>>151304243
I'd solve that problem by letting you build a wormhole device in your base that lets you teleport home and then back to where you were.
>>
>>151305036
Yeah I'd hope they'd add something like that. I also though building your own space station and have it follow you system to system would be cool. I hope eventually they'd just let us warp wherever we've explored previously.
>>
is this game Gone Home in space?

it seems like it from the gameplay vid from YYYYYYYYYONNGGGG'HIRRR
>>
All to do in this game is to fly around and collect resources because that is all I see every streamer doing.
>>
>>151305517
i hope the system reqs arent too high.

i wonder if my laptop can run it.
>>
>>151305668
my ps4 lags in some areas.
>>
Anyone know max exposuit slots you can have?
>>
>>151305517
>fly around and collect resources
>nothing meaningful or impactful to spend resources on
cool game
>>
>monolith stories have right and wrong answers
>the right answers are extremely easy

I wish they made it more like FTL where neither answer is right or wrong but both have a chance of something good or something bad happening. With blue options for if you have an item/grade that lets you do something.

But basically, Geks value hard work, Vy'keen value honor and tradition, and Korvax value curiosity and technology. Even without understanding the languages you can get through every encounter.
>>
To the anon who said to place upgrades next to the core system, thank you. You blew my fucking mind.
>>
>>151305849
the ps4 should only have problems when you fly full speed around a newly discovered planet
>>
Does anyone know if there's an upgrade for your launchers that reduces the amount of charge you need to lift off? Having to refuel every 4 stops is garbage.
>>
not going to buy the game yet but I enjoy watching people play it on twitch... its just nice looking
>>
vortex cube land of milk and honey
free cubes everywhere
emeril crystals everywhere
no security
>>
>>151306840
i will only buy if it supports flexible key binding, my WASD keys ain't gonna like those walking distances.
>>
>>151306840
same
I laid in bed watching it on my good monitor til I fell asleep and it was pretty comfy

even if this doesnt have multiplayer its still the type of game I could only play taking turns with someone else
like a girlfriend if I had one :^)
>>
>>151304791
>The game doesn't keep a planet static
Wasn't that one of the selling points though? That what you do in the game effects the universe and others?
>>
>>151306991

Lucky bitch. I found a planet with those pearls every 20 feet but I had the space cops on my ass every time I took on.
>>
>>151307208
me: your gf
>>
>>151307467
I found one like that too, but you can just grab them and hop in your ship.
>>
File: 1449153364985.jpg (84KB, 504x438px) Image search: [Google]
1449153364985.jpg
84KB, 504x438px
None of the ships I come across have a Hyper Drive. How do I fix this bug? Do I have to buy a ship without a Hyper Drive and then hope my system has a Hyper Drive blueprint or do I keep looking around for Hyper Drive blueprints currently?
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810141403.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810141403.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
>>151306112
Okay wiseguy. What about monoliths that ask you to put it in, and your only choices are iron or carbon? Huh? WHAT FUCKING THEN FAGGOT?
>>
File: 1440346018332.jpg (3MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1440346018332.jpg
3MB, 2880x1800px
Is this game worth looking into?

I loved Space Engineers but had no one to play it with and the servers were ALWAYS shit. I just like to build dank space stations/ships.
>>
File: 6ef10c682206889b.png (349KB, 735x601px) Image search: [Google]
6ef10c682206889b.png
349KB, 735x601px
Guys let's make a /nmsg/ steam group to coordinate raids and PvP events.
>>
>>151307545
>running

That's not how I roll. I got 10 stars for killing sentinels yesterday because I was hanging out on a hostile planet.
>>
>>151307798
You'll get the blue print once you leave the system you're in.

If Sean was smart, he'd also have programmed it so that if you don't have a hyperdrive or hyperdrive blueprint, a merchant will spawn on the world that will sell you the blueprint.

But this is Sean we're talking about.
>>
>>151307893
ill make a discord
>>
>>151307893
i thought this game was single player only
>>
HI...

I'M KORVAXXXX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Au8LuBz5tE#t=1m20s
>>
>>151307817

What race and what's the scenario given?
>>
>>151307954
Thanks. I haven't left my system yet so this is good news.
>>
>>151307938
me too, but I'd rather grab some pearls.

should I add shortburst 5 to my wideshot 5 gun? the recoil is already retarded.
>>
Soo is this game any good? I've seen a lot of complaining on /v/ but I haven't played it or watched any streams.
>>
>>151308281
>going to /v/
>reading the threads there seriously

All /v/ wants is another Tortanic. They do false outrage and screeching about all new games.
>>
>>151308281

No it isn't good. People will get bored of it fast and move on to the next new fad game.
>>
why dont you pirate it and then buy it if you think its worth the price
>>
File: 1450818234329.jpg (78KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450818234329.jpg
78KB, 720x720px
>>151308443
>pirate a game
>pirate an always online game
>two days before it's even released
>>
>>151308443
ever since i my back authorized my debit card to do paypal transactions pirating games has become a chore to me.

i just need a demo to make up my mind.
>>
>>151308413
Hello /v/o
>>
>>151308529
>always online
niceme.me
>>
>>151308558
>my back
read: my bank

ooga booga
>>
>>151308443
>why dont you pirate it

*sigh*....
okay..
*takes a deep breath*

Can I be FUCKING real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but..."

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.
>>
>>151308813
GET THIS FUCKING GARBAGE OFF /vg/
>>>/v/
>>
>>151308849

Give it a week. The /v/ shitposters will be gone and we can just share ships and planets and other stuff.
>>
>>151308849

*sigh*....
okay..
*takes a deep breath*

Can I be FUCKING real for a second?

>>
>>151309084
They're so desperate for another TORtanic and it's cringeworthy.
>>
File: 1363488998887.jpg (74KB, 463x372px) Image search: [Google]
1363488998887.jpg
74KB, 463x372px
>>151309084
>Give it a week
The game will be pretty much dead at that point
>>
>>151309282
but what do you care about "dead"? It's a singleplayer game.
>>
>>151309282
So what?
>>
>>151309282
it's all about the initial sale.
>>
>>151309282
you will be dead too
>>
I'm going to buy this game on release day like everyone else so I can be a part of the fad.
>>
>>151309630
>fad
lol
>>
>>151309630
I already pre-ordered.

I just hope Sean updates like, quickly, and we aren't talking about like 5 months of nothing.
>>
>>151309630
I'm going to pirate it so I can be a part of the fad as well I don't want to miss out on all the drama
>>
>>151309630
but it was already release day you PC peasant
>>
File: CeFPM7n.jpg (84KB, 1100x1113px) Image search: [Google]
CeFPM7n.jpg
84KB, 1100x1113px
I just ordered five copies.
>>
>>151308018
Devs claimed it had multiplayer. Devs lied.
>>
>>151309752
What drama?
The forced, manufactured drama is over.

The only real issue now is that Sean won't open his asshole about multiplayer. He has to wait until the PC release day happens so he can either say
1. We removed the ability to see one another, sorry :)
or
2. We're fixing the ability to see one another now/adding it in the next patch
>>
File: topkek.png (517KB, 1124x699px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
517KB, 1124x699px
>addictive boredom

I-it's not boring, it's addictive boredom!

This is how everyone who bought this game is rationalizing this waste of money.
>>
I'm not even interested in the game I'm just here for the neckbeard tears
>>
File: define fad.png (6KB, 572x127px) Image search: [Google]
define fad.png
6KB, 572x127px
>>151309705
>>151309630
>fad
sounds about right
>>
>>151309891
>forced, manufactured drama
Game dev will thousands of dickriders is revealed to have lied through his teeth about the inclusion of a major mechanic in his massively hyped game. That was a formula for drama.
>>
>>151303819
>they lie about something like multiplayer
>thinking they'll ever add anything else to this game after all interest dies by the end of the month
>>
>>151310114
Yeah but he still hasn't talked about it yet. It's still very likely it was intended to be added in a patch and he just thought no one would meet up with one another yet.

Who knows.

I still highly doubt he would have lied so blatantly over and over and even come up with "fake" mechanics for how it would work if it never existed to begin with.
>>
>>151309957
Please don't go into No Man's Sky expecting excitement, it's not that kind of game
>>
>>151308353
>>151308413
Pirate or buy?
>>
>>151310249

I expect it to entertain, not create boredom, the point of wasting time with children games.
>>
File: LOL2.png (956KB, 845x933px) Image search: [Google]
LOL2.png
956KB, 845x933px
>B-BUT ITS JUST THE SERVERS GUYS
>T-THEY JUST DIDNT GET PLACED INTO THE RIGHT INSTANCE TOGETHER
>>
>18 quintillion worlds
>each one is an empty desolate wasteland populated only by Spore rejects, floating SJW bots and whipping vines.
>no cities
>no great marvels of technology
>no mind blowing feats of engineering
>just stone ruins and pre-fab structures that all look alike, no matter what race occupies them
This game just feels dead. No no, dead would imply it was ever alive to begin with.
>>
>Guys thank you for your support and continued interest in No Man's Sky! Unfortunately the multiplayer features I've been discussing for these past 2 years won't be available on launch but we plan to roll this out as soon as possible!
>>
File: 1362708427883.jpg (63KB, 630x443px) Image search: [Google]
1362708427883.jpg
63KB, 630x443px
>>151309710
>and we aren't talking about like 5 months of nothing

How can you be so naive after the current events? hopeful idiots like you are what enable companies to pull stuff like this to the point it has become industry standard
>>
>>151310540
>Klyka
Now THAT'S a name I never expected to see on 4chan or all places
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 732x821px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 732x821px
>>151310221
>>
>>151310391
HONESTLY
It's worth the amount of time you think you'll put into it.

If you think you can get lost just exploring and selling minerals and finding ships and finding shit on planets, it's a buy.

If you think you'll get bored of exploring and flying around space, don't buy it.
>>
>>151310545
That's not true.
>>151310728
So, scan for other players...
I don't get it?
Does that mean you can see others?

What gives?
>>
>>151310583
Do you, though?
>>
File: No-Multiplayer's-Sky.jpg (270KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
No-Multiplayer's-Sky.jpg
270KB, 1680x1050px
New Memes Source
>>
>>151296367
>>151296367
Let me just stop you there, this is not a favor bestowed upon me through the kindness of my heart. It's a product I paid money for and it isn't what I wanted.

If I bought a football today and it didn't inflate, I don't need to thank the company for taking the time to stitch the prices together. it doesn't fucking inflate they need to give me my money back or give me another ball.

Why are games different
>>
File: 1465528143255.jpg (125KB, 796x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465528143255.jpg
125KB, 796x1200px
>>151310391

Pirate it, if you like the product or they update it with features you like you buy it

If it's just another fad scam your money is safe and you'll not waste anymore time trying to justify a retarded purchase

This is the only right answer
>>
File: nms.png (319KB, 973x834px) Image search: [Google]
nms.png
319KB, 973x834px
>>151308529
>online game
>>
>>151310920
>Does that mean you can see others?
I seriously doubt it. It'll probably just beep when you happen to be on the same planet as another player.
>>
No Man's Sky?

More like...

No Man, Don't Buy.
>>
>>151311043
whats the /v/approved site for pirating tho? ive been using nosteam for the last few years. i know it looks fishy as fuck but i never had any problems with it
>>
File: 1470788796851.jpg (2MB, 3256x4420px) Image search: [Google]
1470788796851.jpg
2MB, 3256x4420px
>>151308529
>online
>>
>>151301258
How do you buy/get ships? I've been fucking around for a while and want to get rid of my red junker.

Also, probably too early to ask, but what are the three paths? There's Atlas, Nana/Polo, and neither?
>>
>>151311496

Go to space stations, after a while NPC start showing up and you can buy their ships.

You can also repair damaged ships that sometimes spawn on planets.
>>
>>151310930
Nice OC
>>
>>151310749
>>151311043
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be pirating it. People saying that the exploration and discovery stuff was what was cool about Elite:Dangerous got me to buy it, and that shit got old real quick. Then again, Elite:Dangerous was an empty husk of a game.
>>
File: steam.png (288KB, 1264x1040px) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
288KB, 1264x1040px
lets fix these shitty tags
>>
File: wildpacino.png (237KB, 379x656px) Image search: [Google]
wildpacino.png
237KB, 379x656px
>endless worlds to defile with your autism
>multiplayer isn't even a thing
How is this better than Minecraft, Terraria, or Starbound?
>>
>>151311642
Boy do I feel stupid. Thanks anon
>>
>>151311676
>Then again, Elite:Dangerous was an empty husk of a game.

So is No Man's Sky, at least ED had multiplayer...
>>
>>151311812

It isn't. Anyone who says the opposite is delusional.
>>
>>151311812

No shitty pixel art is enough for me.
>>
>>151311812
i think you mean Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

and the answer is it isnt better.
>>
File: bufordC.jpg (46KB, 378x323px) Image search: [Google]
bufordC.jpg
46KB, 378x323px
>camp in a starport to buy a ship
>the ones that are not garbage and in my pricerange either look like flying trashcans or abominations
>>
>>151311943
What I meant by that Is that you could only fly over to planets in E:D "which took a long ass time btw" but you couldn't land on them or explore them. Since this game actually has planets you can explore and discover, I'm thinking it might be less boring.
How are the variety or materials and shit? Will I see the same material on different planets?
>>
>>151310540

2 months from now when game is dead.

> It-it's the server guys! We need more people or else they get deactivated!
>>
>>151310749
This.

It's not a perfect game, no one except the blindly hyped idiots thought it would be. through three years of development, whenever someone asked whats the point Sean always gave the vaguest answers, or no answer at all. Anyone with half a brain would know going in that it would be the epitome of a sandbox video game. I've been playing the last two days practically non stop and basically every time I feel like I'm hitting a wall, something new happens, either I find some dank upgrade for my suit or multi tool, or cataloging all the zany ayyys and banking those sweet sweet units. I'm basically trying to get 3 million units now so I can buy a space freighter with 30 inventory slots and become king of the space jews
>>
>>151312207
>How are the variety or materials and shit? Will I see the same material on different planets?

You'll find plutonium and heridium on every planet. Everything else is randomized and have different rarities.
>>
>>151312207

It's all the same shit eventually because you need the same shit to upgrade.

If ED was boring, and that game had multiplayer, which NMS doesn't even have, having multiplayer isn't going to make it any better because the game lacks depth.
>>
>>151312427
I WANT EMERIL
>>
>>151312490
>If ED was boring, and that game had multiplayer, which NMS doesn't even have, having multiplayer isn't going to make it any better because the game lacks depth

If ED was boring, and that game had multiplayer, which NMS doesn't even have, NMS is going to be even more boring

FTFY
>>
>>151295610
So I bought a new ship can I sell my old one?
>>
Who here is naming everything they discover? For me I don't know if I should or just let everything be autonamed because Im going to be discovering a shitton of stuff.
>>
>>151313090
No, you also lose any fuel you have in different components, I sold a ship with a fully charged hyperdrive for a ship with no warp cells. feels bad man. The way I justify it in my mind is, you are buying a better ship than the one you have currently, so you trade ships and pay for the difference.
>>
>>151313124

If you want to waste your time naming things noone will ever see because the game will be dead in a month, go ahead amd waste your time, you already are with No Man's Sky.
>>
>>151313451
Go back to /v/
>>
I'm really enjoying the game actually, but I think they dropped the ball super hard on the opportunity to include more quirky and fun shit.

A Terraria style item system (not so much the stats, but the effects) would be fucking fantastic for this game. Flora right now is fucking pointless, but add some single use rare fruit which have fun and silly effects like reduction of gravity, running across the ocean surface, massive speed boost, increase/reduction in player size, etc, and suddenly exploring is rewarding and planet traversal is fun.

Additionally, to make cave networks actually entertaining and useful to traverse, they could have added equipment blueprints to them that give you novelty equipment shit as opposed to ships. Things like the blueprints for a grappling hook, hover bike, wheel based vehicle, hang glider, etc.

I dunno, obviously they'd tone down the silliness, but this kind of system feels like it would be perfect.
>>
Console peasants be like
>MUH 30FPS
>MUH POP-IN
>BLABLABLABLALBABLABLABLA

PC MASTER RACE 10/10 WILL HD MY GAME AGAIN 10/10/10/10
>>
>>151313342
See thats what I thought at first too hut you can still fly your old one man
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 550x550px
>>151313560
Tfw they add this before multiplayer
>>
>>151313560
those are all fun ideas that would help this game seem less devoid of content
they made a great big world that you just survive in but don't really interact with
>>
>>151313852
Also fucking atlas pass never happened for me so I cant get into shit

I TALKED TO THE GOD DAMN SCIENTIST FUCK
>>
I'm sad the alien races look so 1993.
>>
>>151314251

Atlas Pass is a blueprint. You still have to craft it.
>>
>>151314434
they are nickelodeon aliens.
>>
>spend eight hours learning the Korvax language, got so many words, just farming dem monolith signals and knowledge stones
>leave system
>it's a Vy'keen system and all the words I just learned are worthless

Also, Vy'keen? Really? The warrior race is fucking called "Viking."
>>
>>151313560
is there shit like in Fallout's whacky wasteland trait?
Like some ayys, or a Tardis.
>>
>>151314434
90s had some cool sci fi m80 you better check yourself
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810061432.jpg (327KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810061432.jpg
327KB, 1920x1080px
>>151314547
Nothing. Hope you like seeing pic related for over a quintillion times.
>>
>>151314691
literature had cool aliens.
no visual medium did.
tfw you realize Alien is from fucking 1979
>>
does this game have Eldritch Abominations roaming around in space?
>>
>>151314439
Never got the blue print homie
>>
>born before the age of interstellar travel
>finally have an entire universe to explore
>babby's crying because it's not team deathmatch multiplayer
>>
The thing about a game that I'm intended to spend 100 hours on, is that I need a sense of progression. 10 hours, 19 system jumps, and 3 black holes later, I still have my starting ship and second multitool. I have only built like 2 suit upgrades. Every ship and multitool is an ass ton of credits for something slightly better but actually immediately worse because it's full of upgrades I don't use like grenades. Suit upgrades take up valuable inventory space and need rare materials for such a slight upgrade that my time feels more valuable just focusing on getting to the center. That really says something though because I don't feel any closer to the center at all. I'm still 170k lightyears away and each jump is only worth like 70, maybe 2k for a black hole.
>>
>>151314792
Did they just never test the game?
>>
>>151314691

Name one with a not-silly-looking alien.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv1CkZXBROc
>>
>>151315076
And now he just gave it to me fuck yeah
>>
>>151315092
>finally have an entire universe to explore

>dev essentially says it's an MMO
>dev says you can see and meet other players in game
>this is a very important factor in the mindset of players, regardless of how many players actually find eachother
>it ends up being a complete lie
You are alone in your big infinite universe. Even though Sean Murray claimed the opposite. I think that warrants complaints.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810132724.jpg (341KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810132724.jpg
341KB, 1920x1080px
>>151315616
But you're not alone! You got...

This guy.

And others, who never move. They just sit or stand in place, until the end of time.

But they're there with you!
>>
>>151314521
The real warrior race is the Gek. The nice ones you meet are apparently a subspecies of a galactic terror that I guess got locked up or something.
>>
Well I think I hit the jackpot. Found a planet with sac venom everywhere. Found the trading post and have been filling up inventory and selling. Making 260k every ten I sell. I've been doing it for about 5 minutes now and have made over a million.
>>
>>151315353

Todd will have to step up his lying game to compete
>>
>>151315616
There are so many players its' crashing their server.

>15 quintillion planets
>players in the hundreds of thousands

I think you're just failing to understand that 15 quintillion is a large number. Of course it's rare into run into players in a universe so huge.

Maybe you should stick to Call of Duty if that's the kind of multiplayer experience you're looking for.
>>
>>151315720
Get the FUCK OFFA MAH /vg/, MISTER /v/

See ya!
>>
>>151315928
You are aware that two players went to the exact same location on the exact same planet and could not interact at all, right?

You are aware Sean Murray waited until the day before release to tell people the game wasn't actually multiplayer, right?
>>
>>151296367
Paid experience. They can complain if they feel shafted.
>>
>>151315928
I feel like people just don't get the "15Mil planets" thing, which is where the most hype came from.
Like, picture this: how many real numbers are between 0 and 1? a whole lot more than 15 million. Uncountably infinite in fact. That doesn't make it exciting to read one of them.
>>
>>151316250
Yeah but there's been a lot of server issues. To say he flat out lied is really bad on his end if that's the case.
>>
>>151315954
>"you have valid criticism??"
>"g-get the fuck out of here!"
>>
>>151316250
Server issues, brah.

You've played online multiplayer games before, right? Do you not understand what kind of problems server issues can cause?
>>
>>151316363
>he thinks a million is the same as a quintillion

Have you even covered fractions in school yet?
>>
Has anyone found anything big in the water?

I found like one giant dude on land on my first planet and that's about it. Ground shook when he walked. A few have come close but nothing to that level.
>>
>>151316557
nms fanboys are so delusion that this point I can't tell if you're serious or just baiting, gratz either way.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 973x586px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 973x586px
>>151316557
>>151316387
>>151316363
>"muh server issues"
>"muh millions of planets"
Sean lied. Deal with it.
>>
>>151316714
I misread, but my point still stands. there are still more numbers than that between 0 and 1.
But tell me, is "0,18456457645" exciting to you?
>>
>>151316438
>valid

Good one.
>>
>>151316438

We've been hearing the same valid critisisms since Monday night. How much longer do you plan on bitching?
>>
>>151316438
>valid criticisms
>NONE OF THE NPCS MOVE, HAHAH!!!
>five days in a row of this

Phew, so valid.
>>
File: Back-to-Tumblr.png (317KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
Back-to-Tumblr.png
317KB, 546x700px
>>151316941
>>
>>151316917
If you're counting all real numbers, then no. There are more real numbers between 2 and 15 quintillion than there are between 1 and 2.
>>
>>151316872
>>151317054
Do you guys get tired of this? Why the fuck are you even here? If you don't have the game and aren't buying it, leave.
>>
>>151316941
A game marketed as multiplayer by the developer ends up leaving you all alone in a giant, seemingly infinite universe, where instead of other players, the only intelligent life consists of AI ships and NPC aliens that barely move.

I wouldn't blame anyone for complaining about this.
>>
>>151316872
>Sean lied

Citation needed.
>>
>>151317221
>MUH SAFE SPACE

>>151317054
>>
This game is so awesome because it has so many planets.
>>
>>151317119
there aren't though.
They are both uncountably infinite.
For every real number you could give me between 2 and 15 quintillion, I can give you a number between 0 and 1. We can do this literally forever.
>>
>>151317284
See >>151315353
>>
>>151317285
This isn't a "safe space," dumbass. It's literally the No Man's Sky GENERAL THREAD.

Not the
>I HATE NO MAN'S SKY GENERAL

Jesus Christ. Just go away.
>>
>>151317261
>a game leaves you in an entire universe with thousands of your other players
>the universe is big

I blame everyone too stupid to understand this.
>>
>>151317221

Don't respond.
>>
>>151317385
Yeah, and we're discussing it

You want peoeple who are bringing up valid criticism to leave

>MUH SAFE SPACE :(
>>151317054
>>
>>151317504
You aren't discussing it. You're literally spamming things that are days old.
>>
>>151317343
Right, but the former is a larger infinity. 15 quintillion times larger.

But there aren't any fractional planets, so the argument is moot.
>>
Give it to me straight, without shilling - Is it worth $60?

It really just looks like an even worse version of Minecraft, with space ships
>>
>toxic water planet with purple oceans
>no fauna

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Shit load of Emeril though so...
>>
>>151317551
>MUH SAFE SPACE
>>151317054
>>
When you die, what does (Generation 1/2/3 etc) mean at the top?
>>
Should rename the thread to /bitter shitposting/
>>
>>151317612
lol.
I really don't feel like explaining procedural generation to you.
>>
>>151317221
It's entertaining watching people try to defend and dickride a developer who lied to them with a smile on his face.
>>
jesus fucking christ I hate how kids these days need every game to be multiplayer. I actually fucking like that its single player focused because fuck people.
>>
>>151317752
No one's doing that here.

We're just trying to talk about the game and are hoping he'll have an answer to the MP thing.

Otherwise, people just come in spamming insults.
>>
>>151317774
Reminder that average age on /vg/ is 19.
Most of them don't remember anything else.
>>
>>151317641
I'd pay maybe 6 dollars for it desu
>>
It's fun to watch people squirm over their opinions not mattering.
>>
>>151317921
You know how I know you're a shitposter from /v/?
>>
>>151317641
its worth maybe $20 at best
>>
>>151317774
the issue isn't that people want multiplayer or don't want multiplayer.
It's that people get a different product than they expected.
Like, imagine the next WoW expansion released, and on release day it turns out it's a singleplayer dungeon crawler, diablo-style.
Even if it's good, people would be upset.
>>
>>151317641
You can be sure that there will be a 50%+ discount in like 3-4 months.
>>
>>151317284
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
>>
>>151317992
You know how I know you're from tumblr?
>>
>>151317774
This.

>base building gets added in
>spend six hours building your base, perfecting every nook and cranery
>close game, go to bed
>while you sleep, some Russian happens across your world and wrecks your base. Why? It was there! lol
>while you're waking up, a clan of chinks come along and stripmine every single resource off your planet, leaving it a barren rock devoid of even iron.
>>
>>151317054

Weren't you here last night? I remember some retard having 9gag file names like that and being assblasted.
>>
>>151296619
How do I find the schematics for longer warp range? Its the only upgrade I actually care about
>>
File: image.gif (189KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
189KB, 250x250px
>>151317701

Bump
>>
>>151318197
>he actually thinks base building isn't a lie
>>
>>151317745
Oh I understand procedueral generation perfectly well. And anybody who does shouldn't be surprised that 15 quintillion planets are procedurally generated. It's not like they ever lied about that.
>>
File: 1466954307594.jpg (50KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1466954307594.jpg
50KB, 490x490px
>>151318330
>he actually shitposts on /vg/ and thinks it matters
>>
>>151317819
>No one's doing that here
See:
>>151316387
>>151317284
>>151315928
>>151310221
>>
Everyone quit bitching and post your ships.
>>
>>151318197
well I have the perfect game for you!
there's nothing to do but walk around and you can only play it by yourself!
>>
>>151318564
Wow.

So optimism in hoping that there's an explanation for why the MP isn't working as he stated over and over is now dickriding him and defending him?

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>151318647

That is one qt ship.
>>
i wish mods actually did their job here to keep the /v/ teens out.
80% of the posts are about shitposting
this should be valid game discussion
>But im discussing no multiplayer and how the dev is a liar
nope, youre just parroting the latest meme you heard , you infant.
>>
>>151318647
ant/10
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810133740.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810133740.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
>>151318647
>everyone has all these cool ships
>I'm stuck using the pre-order one
I found this one, but the owner wanted 1.9 million and I only had 900k. It had 25 slots and a lot of nice upgrades too. I'm talking all +2 or above.

Been farming the Emeril but I keep losing the trading post. This game REALLY needs player made beacons.
>>
File: jewing intensifies.jpg (325KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
jewing intensifies.jpg
325KB, 1162x850px
>planet with incredibly hostile sentinels that show up every 5 seconds
>space station buys titanium for 200%

im gonna get me a 4 million unit spaceship
>>
>>151318760
>>151317054
>>
How come its only out on PS4 and PC? Did they say it'll come to Xbox One eventually or should I just give up on getting this game?
>>
Online Minecraft proves that multiplayer in NMS would be terrible.
>>
>>151318882
Losing the trading post? Just keep your ship by the Emeril
>>
>>151318968

Mother fucker I need that kind of set up.
>>
>>151318882
>>151318647

>Save up 2 mil.
>The only ships that show up to my station are disgusting junkers.

WHERE ARE MY SLEEK SHIPS
>>
>>151318882

I found mine crashed. It takes a little while to get it up and running but it's better than spending millions I think.
>>
>>151319062
And what, walk back and forth between the ship and the port?
>>
File: image.jpg (1013KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1013KB, 2448x2448px
>>151318647
Am I doing it right guise?
>>
>>151319301
HOLD SHARE BUTTON YOU KEK ROOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>151319301

Make a twitter and connect it to your PS4 and you can upload pictures to it.
>>
>>151319256
But don't those max out at 17 slots? I've never seen a crashed ship with more than 17 slots.
>>
>>151319259
This is why we need land vehicles.
>>
>>151318990

nice try kid, back to /v/
>>
>>151319665

>>151317054
>>
File: Best Driver.jpg (280KB, 800x1235px) Image search: [Google]
Best Driver.jpg
280KB, 800x1235px
>>151319468
>wanting Mako 2.0
Pls no.

I'd be okay if they made it more like the Hammerhead though
>>
File: fuck you I'm the mako.gif (940KB, 248x200px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you I'm the mako.gif
940KB, 248x200px
>>151319817
I liked the Mako.
>>
This game, man.
I barely thought it would live up to the hype, let alone exceed it. I've been playing for four hours straight across only two systems and about five planets/moons, and it has been absolutely and utterly humbling. My breath is being taken away at every turn.
I just drowned trying desperately to make my way out of a dark underwater cave on a cold, lonely, massive planet, with ominous growling startling me from far across some rocky, eroded mountains against the backdrop of a massive dark blue system. Earlier I was marveling at a herd of grazing antelope-like creatures on a little yellow paradise of a moon with a pink sky. Creatures were screeching in the distance and tinkling piano chords played in the background.
I very much appreciate the technical and leveling aspects such as mining and trading, but most of all, this game has been an extremely emotional experience for me so far. I could barely pull myself away from my first system once I acquired the warp cell. No matter what I'm looking at, I have this excitement and this wonder and frustration that I am inevitably missing so much. I have never, EVER felt this lost. Space just beckons, wordlessly. What a beautiful, beautiful, titanic game. I have no words.
Enjoy, everyone. And thank you, Sean and Hello Games. Jeez Louise.
>>
File: Scott-Zenteno-MOON-Rover.jpg (34KB, 600x314px) Image search: [Google]
Scott-Zenteno-MOON-Rover.jpg
34KB, 600x314px
>>151319817
I was thinking more like a moon rover.
>>
When does this fucking Atlas quest end? I'm literally just jumping from Atlas interface to Atlas interface.
>>
>>151320192
Cool. Looking forward to getting it on Friday.
>>
>>151320192
Cmon sean that pasta is only gonna work on reddit.
>>
>>151318515
doge is a very old meme, fampai.

You might take it back to 9gag or tumblr. they still like it, I think.
>>
>>151320192
>>151296367
>>151296619
>>151298109
>>151308813
>>151309172

You'd make a great Hilary shill over at /pol/. How much is Sean paying you? I like how you have the same format and everything on most of your posts. Gotta step up your game.
>>
File: Kitty Ham.jpg (43KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty Ham.jpg
43KB, 540x540px
>>151320532
Oh is it
>>
>>151318691
I see lots of potential in the game, but i am really turned off by the fact that Sean hasn't said a word about why there isn't multiplayer. Or potentially why its not working.

Right now is not the time for a game company to be in full radio silence. This is when they should absolutely live up to the expectations, but seems like they are stumbling on the finish line. It feels like an 60$ early access game as it is now.
>>
File: 1442032276697.png (123KB, 242x267px) Image search: [Google]
1442032276697.png
123KB, 242x267px
>>151318760
>But im discussing no multiplayer and how the dev is a liar
That is as a matter of fact discussion related to the game and is compliant with the board rules

I know you get quite emotional by being forced to face facts while trying to defend your purchase using moot points but MUH FEELINGS will not change reality
>>
>Warpcell only refuels your warpdrive 20%
>Antimatter is rare as balls
Unless Antimatter becomes incredibly more common the further you progress in game, I don't see myself leaving the system anytime soon, since any jump could potentially be my last jump.
>>
watching my roomate play this and it's literally impossible to crash your ship into a planet, it won't let you. How the fuck do you even start out stranded?
>>
>>151320767

You can make Antimatter yourself.
>>
>>151320870
safety breaks? and you crash instead of glide?
there are millions of crashed spaceships on each planet.
>>
File: 1465019057729.png (504KB, 698x760px) Image search: [Google]
1465019057729.png
504KB, 698x760px
>>151320767
>since any jump could potentially be my last jump.
>>
Ok so what's the deal with paths? I heard there was 3 and I guess Atlus is one? Does saying yes or no to Atlus at the beginning do anything?

I'm fine with mindlessly wandering the universe but I want to know more about these paths.
>>
>>151321041
>don't hesitate just because he has a gun and you don't

I really hope the wikihow people removed life threatening articles like this.
>>
>>151321006

He's trying his hardest to crash and his ship won't let him. this is funny shit.
>>
>>151321182

desu i'd rather get shot fighting a shooter than to sit in the corner and get shot
>>
>>151320767
you get an antimatter recipe, and when you get the Atlaspass v1 you can open those Debris containers and they usually give Antimatter or one of the ingredient to make Antimatter

warp cells are trivially easy to get
>>
>>151321182
>if someone is shooting and killing people indiscriminately then you should all just run around and do anything BUT attack the gunman!

you're literally retarded and the reason that mass shootings can even happen
>>
>>151320767

You can make it and buy it.
>>
>>151320870
>>151321263

You can't crash into planets but you can crash into space stations and asteroids.
>>
>>151321398
>>151321414
In every situation shooters open fire the people closest/running towards them are shot dead first.
>>
>>151321134
I dunno. I said no to the Atlas, later found some Atlas monolith but it was mad I said no, and left. I still learn new Atlas words every now and then and Atlas' little helpers still treat me fine.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160809114951.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160809114951.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
>>151321134
From what I understand...

If you say Yes to Atlus at the beginning, you're set on the Atlus path.

If you say no, you're set on the freeroam path.

Eventually, you'll meet a guy who knows a guy who refers you to some scientist person. They ask you to join their cause. This is the Black Hole path.

Say no to them and you'll remain on the Free Roam path.

You're presented with multiple opportunities to join either the Atlus or Black Hole path if you're on the free roam path, so don't fret if you think you HAVE to choose right when the offer appears.

Your sole objective, objectively, is to get to the center of the universe. The paths just denote how you get there. Black Hole is faster, Atlus is easier, and free roam is you get there however and whenever you want.
>>
>>151321453

that's why you teleport behind them dumbass
>>
Just found a comfy crashed ship, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of fixing it for only one extra inventory slot.
>>
>>151321453
Yeah, people are going to die no shit, but if EVERYONE just ran at the guy he'd be overwhelmed before he could get very many people

Hell, even the people he shot may have survivable injuries if he's paniced and just shooting wildly.
>>
What's the deal with the ships phase beam? Seems all around shit tbqhwy
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-10+at+06.07.38).png (87KB, 656x439px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-10+at+06.07.38).png
87KB, 656x439px
Check out this planet I found in No Man's Skyâ„¢ using its patent-pending Connectionless Multiplayer! This game is truly amazing!
>>
>>151321531
I met a scientist who shows me black holes, but they work for Atlas. Is there a different way? I want that.
>>
has anyone found a ship with more than 29 slots? I'm not sure if I should spend 3.7 million on one or keep saving
>>
Jesus, this is a stupid argument.

If there's no other option, then you attack the shooter. It's a different scenario if you're being robbed or held hostage or something like that, where cooperating with the perp is more likely to lead to a safe conclusion than attacking him. But if the guy's already shooting then yeah, you attack if you're in position to.
>>
>>151321575
Hahahha TOTALLY FUCKING WRONG.
The kind of heavy weapons the shooters use MOW PEOPLE DOWN.
If they all ran at him they'd be slaughtered. Especially with penetrating rounds.
>>
>>151321741
Apparently, using it instead of the cannon yields more material
>>
>>151320215
john madden
>>
>>151321919
>I have no idea what I am talking about!
>>
>>151321919
So in your opinion, the best option is to just lie there and let him murder you?

Fucking sheep. Go play in traffic.

>>151322010
Clearly he gets all his info from Brady's Campaign.
>>
File: new star.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
new star.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
anyone birth a new star yet? kinda sad i'll never get to see it, I think
>>
File: starflight022.png (6KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
starflight022.png
6KB, 320x240px
>>151321751
If you wanted to make a joke you could have at least used Starflight, which is literally the vintage No Man's Sky.
>>
>>151320603
>going to /pol/
Man, it must be a massive culture shock for you to leave that failing echo chamber
>>
>>151321741
>>151321968
>tfw 3 ships in a row I bought the phase cannons wouldn't work and were instead hitting my ship when I fired them and causing damage until they finally broke

I'm too scared to buy new ships now in case the stupid phase cannons are broken on them too
>>
>>151320603
Please off yourself.
This guy posted the exact same things yesterday.
Like usual, it's someone with a hateboner spamming the thread.

>>151320696
Careful, you're being reasonable.
>>
>>151322124
>he's a Hillary voter

Absolutely worthless person.
>>
>>151296367
did mankind endlessly explore the earth because, "eh, why not?"

no.

they expected, if not less than willed, fortune.

this shitbomb compels you to wander aimlessly and outright tells you that all the reward should come from that alone.

No Mans Sky = worthless waste of space redefined
>>
>>151321968
What's the deal with the icons on the upgrades then? Beam impact has a shield while photon canon has a gem.
>>
>>151309957
polygon hates nms because there aren't enough women and opressed people in its development crew
>>
>>151320763
It's shitposting, anon. You can do it, but don't act like people need to tolerate and respect it.
>>
>>151322280
Phase beam, not beam impact
>>
>>151322323
>if someone disagrees with me or doesn't suck the dev's cock they're shitposting
>>151317054
>>
>>151322243
>staying on the sinking ship to the bottom of the ocean
Much respect, my man.
>>
>>151322505
You're a fucking retard. Go away.
>>
>>151322243
I have more respect for people voting for Vermin Supreme than for /pol/turds.
>>
>>151322201
I never said anything bad about the game.
Also:
>This guy posted the exact same things yesterday
So he is a shill. Thanks for supporting me.
>>
>>151322484
>it's okay if I go into a thread for people who want to play NMS and constantly shit all over it because I see fresh memes I want to spam from /v/ and I'm bored

Just stop.

Coming here and just going
STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Is getting old, fast. No one cares about your thoughts on the game. Discuss what you're doing in game or what you've found or fuck off.

>>151322786
Then you're truly a lost fucking moron, or are shitposting. Either way, go away. This isn't about politics.
>>
>>151322679
>wanting a safespace for your retarded political opinions
Head to /pol/, this is a general for a game you don't even play.
>>
>>151321751
man, I also played noctis iv in its time.

really awesome game for what it was, only one developer right?

those rainy planets with abandoned ruins creeped me out.
>>
>>151296661
If you're American you can't find aluminium, only aluminum.
>>
File: helicopter-minigun-soldier.jpg (234KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
helicopter-minigun-soldier.jpg
234KB, 1920x1200px
>>151321919
Yeah I guess if an attack helicopter decides to do a mass shooting before offing itself everybody is pretty fucked anon.
>>
>>151321864
that sounds like a good ship, but I just keep buying backpack space, I'm up to 43.
>>
>>151322270
>replying to pasta
>>>/b/

>>151322827
You're kinda dumb if you honestly think someone positing dicksuckery from reddit on /vg/ is a legit shill.
>>
>>151321531
ok that helps a lot. good to know that no matter what, the "goal" of the game is to get to the center of the universe. I was thinking maybe each path was different in that.
>>
>>151322973
whoa whoa, how do you buy space for your ship desu? I've only ever found the pods that increase suit size
>>
>>151322973

This. I'd be a billionaire if I didn't buy every suit upgrade I come across.
>>
>>151323140
I thought the goal was to explore endlessly. Why do people always need some ending?
>>
>>151298609
Nobody in these threads play the game man.
>>
>>151322943
I got to shoot one of those once and holy shit it's so satisfying.
>>151323213
I figured that's why he put goal in quotes.
Minecraft technically has an ending, but that's not why people play it.
>>
>>151322505
Do you really hate a personality cult demagogue so much that you would vote for a literal brain damaged psychopath?
>>
>>151323154
I just make like 30 hacking chips and scan for shelters.
>>
>>151323320
Brain damaged psychopath who wants a monarchy controlled by the political elite who she puts in power based upon how much money the lobbyists give her and has killed people and already forgotten the dead soldiers she's slaughtered with her stupid excursions into foreign lands for more money and war profiteers.
>>
>first world is filled with acid rain

GEE FUCKING THANKS SEAN
>>
>>151323320
Are we talking about Trump now? Because yes, I'd rather have a brain damaged psychopath over a psychopath with NPD who is clearly suffering a mental breakdown due to having to face his greatest fear. Being a loser.
>>
>>151321864
I've found one for 9 million that had 35+ slots (I don't remember the exact number)
>>
>>151322851

You really cannot handle a fact that goes against your flawed apologies and you're just making things worse

Fucking braindead retards like you that keep replying are the only reason they keep popping, ky asap my man
>>
Fuck off Nada.

Praise Atlas.
>>
>>151301258
Looks like Annikin made a pod racer out of a crashed TIE fighter.
>>
>>151323493
No I'm obviously talking about Johnson and Stein, Trump and Hillary are the models of rational thought.
>>
File: one mans lie.png (895KB, 1125x637px) Image search: [Google]
one mans lie.png
895KB, 1125x637px
goty
>>
Why does everyone hate this game, besides the lack of multiplayer? I'm curious and I want to know whether or not I should bother buying this game because I've heard people shitting on it left and right
>>
this would be better if it was a third person game.
>>
>>151305036
Shit like this is how people got over hyped in the first place.
>>
>>151323513
Cool.
>>
>>151323864
it would be better if the FOV was increased and if they added a third person flight camera for ships
>>
>>151324012
>having my vision blocked by my ugly ass ship
no thanks.
>>
>>151324205
stop buying ugly ships?
>>
>>151324012
FOV slider is supposed to be in for PC launch.
>>
>>151323151
You find crashed ships or buy new ships off of other npcs
>>
>>151324357
If there's no FOV slider I'll have to refund my purchase on steam.
I get incredibly sick within like 30 seconds if the FOV is too low.
>>
>>151323779

200 Units have been credited into your account
>>
>>151324543
this is one of those games you play for 3 hours and stop. Either get too bored or sick if longer.
>>
Found a planet by the Gek that has Gold everywhere but really pissy robots, so everyone look for planet Zion in the Israel System
>>
>>151324609
fucking gek shills LEAVE
>>
File: drake.png (1MB, 972x958px) Image search: [Google]
drake.png
1MB, 972x958px
>>
>>151324653
>play for 3 hours and stop
I don't do that. I play games for like 20 hours straight.
>>
>>151310930
Thank you for shit posting in an original way. It's refreshing.
>>
Can you get out of atlas path after you accept the red orbs help? I got to the part where it started telling me what systems to go to and just ignored it. Can I get out of it this way or am I fucked?
>>
>>151324957
I do too, makes me iffy on this game, glad I have it but it wasn't worth $60 or going back to gamestop.
>>
File: morph.png (332KB, 717x395px) Image search: [Google]
morph.png
332KB, 717x395px
>>
>>151324543
>FoV is like looking through a cardboard box with the opposite side cut out

y Sean
>>
>>151323860

The whole selling premise other sandbox games do not have (Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound) was the massive online universe, the online part of it proved to be a lie and people don't like when they're lied to
>>
>>151325393
I just hope it's adjustable on PC.
If it's narrow like on PS4 I'll puke.
I could also just not eat for like 5 hours before playing, and just deal with dry heaves.
>>
>>151323860
/v/ wanted a new TORtanic, this is it. That's basically it, it's all bandwagon hate.
>>
>>151296079
Found a similar planet. Had a bunch of toxic elements and a bunch of chicken dinosaurs roaming around. But yea those sentinels are fucking annoying but the gravity balls so sweet cash money
>>
>>151325660
People hated this game way before idiots who couldn't do research found out there wasn't multiplayer
>>
Post milestones
>>
>>151323860
Because it all boils down to exploration. It's hugely only as fun as you make it. There isn't much to it other than that aspect.

RPers, comfy posters and stoners are basically who this game was made for. Everyone else will find the game lacking in substance.
>>
>>151323860
It's the space flying/aiding npcs of Ratchet and Clank A crack in time with Destiny kinda graphics/inventory, in a minecraft universe.

In essence, you get minerals to upgrade your shit so you can get more minerals. If that is your cup of tea, go for it.

I personally think it should be cheaper, a game to try but not at full price.
>>
File: _20160811_115333.jpg (23KB, 347x370px) Image search: [Google]
_20160811_115333.jpg
23KB, 347x370px
>tfw most of this thread is people discussing the game
>tfw /v/babs are losing strength and fucking off
>tfw comfy discussion soon
>>
>>151325660
Subnautica doesn't have multiplayer either
>>
>>151326153
>RPers, comfy posters and stoners are basically who this game was made for.
Must be why I like the game so much since I'm all three. I feel like most people angry about this game for some reason expected a very different game
>>
So is it feasible to get to the center guick using the atlas pass, or was black hole route the way to go?

Nothing much left after getting suspention fluid as a blueprint and getting bored of finding language obolisk's.
>>
>>151326446
It pretty much nailed what I thought it would be, except I thought the npcs would be more lively. Like a city planet full of those robot guys or the space station would have multiple vendors instead of 1.

Little stuff that makes the game seem bigger and lively.
>>
>>151326040
This. Even if those two players actually saw each other they'd nitpick something else. They'll get bored soon and move on. There's already more game discussion than shit posting. You should have seen the first 2 generals. Fuck it was bad.
>>
>>151326636
black hole is maybe fastest, comes out random.

Get Atlas pass v3 then go blackhole path.
>>
>>151326693
>>151326446
Same boat. Aside from being a stoner.

The game's fun. There are some things I feel would make it better, like more variables, as well as planets without any visitors coming in, and more to the caves. But I'm enjoying it for what it is.
>>
Having some trouble bros, just loaded my game up and i have lost all my progress from yesterday, i tried advancing to a new save spot reloaded the game and was still back at the same spot, any ideas?
>>
>>151326714
Come Saturday, when the PC players have their hands on it and have played for a bit it should be pretty comfy here. Though it'll also mean /v/ will have pirated it and have a shit post resurgence.
>>
>>151326997
Did you update between then and now?
>>
>>151326082
>trying to talk to an Ayy Lmao
>JOURNEY MILESTONE COMPLETE
>WALKED 100,000 MILES
I fucking hate this shit.
>>
>>151325698
It doesn't work for everyone, but I've hear of people, myself included, occasionally using dramamine and eventually it stops happening? Dunno how or why or if it's a placebo, but I can play Mirror's Edge now with minimal discomfort.
>>
>>151326997
I even tried to overwrite my save with the auto cloud save and same story
>>
>>151327220
wish milestones actually did stuff like reward some minerals or blue prints
>>
File: 1416010047153.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1416010047153.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
This game is pretty comfy. I suggest lrn2comfy if you want to enjoy it. not the greatest game ever but I kept my expectations low

I can see how twitch kids cranked up on Ritalin dislike it though
>>
>>151327218
No, i started playing when the game released at midnight did not have an issue when i started yesterday morning. I did have the ps4 in rest mode with the game running until the end of the day than i turned off the ps4
>>
How do I remove waypoints on individual planets? I somehow have about 10 waypoints that I can visit, like shelters and outposts, and I keep going back to ones I have already visited because I'm stupid.
>>
oh no bros, I'm starting to have crashes. Two times today when I died it crashed but I started it up again and no issues, but just now I was interacting with a Korvax and shit just up and quit on me. Anyone else having issues? Yesterday it was buttery smooth
>>
>>151327509
Please tell me there's more where that came from. Does the artist draw porn?
>>
>>151327718
you go to them until it says marker removed.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810172923.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810172923.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
Wait, is this a marriage proposal?

Am I accepting to be wed to whatever he's looking at?
>>
This is what you fight when the wanted level gets to 5 stars.
>>
>>151327745
Its a common thing and it mostly triggers when warping. If your lucky you'll only get it once and startup again or get it 3 times in a row.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 400x388px
>play this game
>have fun

I don't understand why the shitposters are trying to force their metacritic IGN taste on everyone else

Anyway how do you upgrade inventory space?
>>
>>151317705
was that planet full of rare pepe's and futa porn?
>>
>>151327509
most of 4chan is anger filled adhd ridden angsty teens who obsess over memes and shitposting. they have no idea what being comfy is even like
>>
>>151327932
Huh, it's that simple? I've visited the same area like 2-3 times because I'm an idiot, and it still shows up. They're even greyed out on the HUD, but they won't disappear.
>>
>>151328023
for your suit you gotta find drop pods and pay some units, the price increases by 10,000 each upgrade. For ships, you gotta buy new ones with better inventory space. as far as I can tell theres no way to upgrade storage space in ships.
>>
16 slot ship worth 1.5 mil?

I desperately need to switch ships. Still using the pre-order one and I'm getting wrecked by pirates. I just have to hope I can run away.
>>
>>151327952
l-lewd
>>
>>151328023

To upgrade your suit inventory you just find suit upgrades in drop pods around planets. The price goes up by 10k units every time you get one.

To upgrade the ship inventory you either have to find and fix up a crashed ship or save up Units and buy a new one.
>>
>>151328261
also atlas v1 badge in spaceports unlocks room for suit upgrades
>>
>>151328010
breddy scary tbqh desu
>>
>>151328323

Good god no. You can get a 17 slot ship for free.
>>
>>151328323
no way dude, thats a lot. I got a 21 slot ship for 800k
>>
Is there a better way to grind for credits then finding gold pimp dick planets?
>>
>>151316363
This has got to be a troll, with that logic 1 is just as big as infinity, you sir are an idiot.
>>
>>151328405
wrd, how do I get that badge shit? I just reached the first atlas interface and got an atlas stone, should I save those or sell em? I am RPing as a space jew after all...
>>
>>151328618
I check the space stations and look for shit thats above market value, found a station last night that was +100% for bypass chips, so I just grinded out dozens of those and sold them, made a tasty profit tbqh
>>
>>151328618

Ignore the giant monoliths of wealth, look for the crystals that look like Plutonium.
>>
>>151328724
I dunno, I got a blue print for v1 by a gek and robot alien who appear in a space anomaly station.

Gek liked what I have seen and gave me the prints.
>>
>>151328618
find a planet with vortex cubes
there are literally 25 per cave
you can take them without sentries flipping out.
800k per trip to the bank.
>>
what is the point of this game
>>
>>151329073
it looks nice
>>
>>151328724
You need a certain amount at the end if you want the atlas ending.
>>
>>151328916
nice, how many anomalies have you been to so far? I was crawling through the game earlier but starting to pick up the pace now
>>
>>151329073
Exploring.
>>
File: 1414218666372.png (496KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1414218666372.png
496KB, 633x758px
>>151329073
what's the point of anything?
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160809234349.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160809234349.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>151327952
he wants to know if you think he should marry it. say yes, you get part of the dowry
>>
can you rename ships?
>>
>>151327952
Nah dude! Homie wants to ask Pictured Warrior to get space married!
He's asking for your advice.
>>
File: arachnid.jpg (257KB, 1450x949px) Image search: [Google]
arachnid.jpg
257KB, 1450x949px
>>151329194
3 anomalies, 2 black holes, and a starship troopers planet. Wish I can find a portal monolith like in a trailer for the game.
>>
should I buy this or just donate to space engine
>>
>>151329954
buy game if have coupons
>>
>>151329954
donate to SE and torrent this on friday
>>
>>151328619
In some contexts it is.
Infinity is an abstract concept.
>>
>>151329949
Can you trigger black holes without picking the atlas route?
>>
>>151329949
nice, I wanna stomp on some bugs. Too bad the sentinels are such bitches about killing the wildlife. I found a monolith that 100% was a warp gate like in the trailer, but I couldn't interact with it.
>>
>>151330720
Randomly find them, yes. Faster to do atlas then ask for one.

>>151330761
fug, so close.
>>
I'm tempted to make a gdoc to be filled out with ship prices versus inventory slots so I can create a plot of what am acceptable price per inventory slot is.
I'm gonna get an early start on the autism. I've only upgraded twice, so I don't exactly have many points to pull from.
Would anyone use it, y/n?
>>
>three are only 3 sentient alien races
>no conflict or interaction between any of them except Nada and Polo

People should be more upset about this the no multiplayer thing.
>>
>>151328010
>tfw you'll never get to pilot one of these and stomp around crushing those dumb crabs under your metal feet

>you'll never get to pilot one and have it transform into a spacejet so you don't have to get out
>>
can I play this game with epilepsy?
>>
What's a good way to make money ? So far I've been mining rare minerals on the planets I've encountered and tried to find all the wildlife for reward but it's slow.

Also protecting fleets attacked by ships is hard as fuck
>>
>>151331097
ha,ahahaha warping and blackholes will kill you.
>>
Should i sell atlas stones?
>>
>>151330919
>no conflict
I mean, I dont know about you but practically every time I'm zipping through space theres a distress beacon or pirates attacking freighters or something. It stands to reason that they are killing each other, we just can't see the pilots. Warfare on the surface of planets is a no go because sentinels would shut it down immediately. Dunno desu, I just RP around the plot holes :^)
>>
Am i the only one having save issues? No results on google, no way im the only one
>>
File: image.jpg (735KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
735KB, 1920x1080px
Rate my fucking ship bros hahaha holy shit

19 slots 400k too
>>
>>151331104
Blow up fleets, grab shit quickly, go to spaceport and sell since prices go up after ships attacked.
>>
>>151331226
Apparently if you want the atlas ending you need 10 stones at the end. Otherwise you get the regular ending
>>
>>151331354
Will the game look better on pc?
>>
>>151331385
Hm. Seems investing into shields and gun is worth it then
>>
>>151327235
Yeah, if you take Dramamine an hour and a half before playing you'll be fine.
>>
>>151296619
>Dig deeper
I asked a streamer if it was possible to dig down into the earth.
I saw him try it on two planets, one dropped him into a pool of acid, the other just had indestructible rock after a short time.
Its hard to "Dig Deeper" when all that's accessable is the surface level.
>>
>>151328056
I know exactly what I must do now
>>
>>151331543
also mining asteroids in space and selling fuel does well and is quicker than landing on planet
>>
>>151331430
That isn't how it works. This is what you use for the stones. I haven't gotten to the center yet but i'm not sure it'll change anything
>>151322071
>>
>>151331451
I fucking hope so.
>>
>>151329275
Too real
>>
>>151296619
>"boring" or "redundant" simply don't get it.

I came from the front page, I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about but le me be death serious on this

IT IS FUCKING INEXCUSABLE FOR A GAME TO BE BORING

THIS GOES FOR ANY TYPE OF GAME, FROM THE PREHISTORIC ERA TO MODERM VIDEOGAMES

nice pasta
>>
>>151327796
http://vashperado.deviantart.com/gallery/

No porn.
>>
File: 1464923825121.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464923825121.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>30 FRAMES + 30 FOV = $60
30 FRAMES + 30 FOV = $60
30 FRAMES + 30 FOV = $60
30 FRAMES + 30 FOV = $60
30 FRAMES + 30 FOV = $60
30 FRAMES + 30 FOV = $60
30 FRAMES + 30 FOV = $60
>>
>>151322071
>>151331430
damnit i wish i hadn't got these atlas stones so early. Gonna have to sell em i dont have the inventory to spare
>>
>>151332367

nice try kid, back to /v/
>>
>>151327509
cannot wait
>>
>>151332463
gb2
>>151317054
>>
>>151332551
dont talk to your father like that kevin
>>
>>151332639
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>151317774
Na dog people were just promised something and got something else
>>
>>151332551
>>151332367

I want to see a complete psychological evaluation of someone like you. would be fascinating
>>
Is it better to mine is space money wise?
>>
I don't get people who get mad at the game if they don't like it. If you don't like the game that doesn't mean you have to go to place like reddit or 4chan and bitch, moan and cry about it, and try to convince others not to buy it. No one gives a shit just return the fucking game and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>151332994
>He doesn't like what I like, what an AWFUL person
>>151317054
>>
>>151333119
>he spouts words repeatedly in front of his computer, must be an autist
>>
>>151333119
I'm indifferent to that. I'm talking purely about your behavioral patterns
>>
on a serious note has anyone actually gotten a Atlaspass V2 or V3? Its really fucking bothering me that I cant get past those damn doors, I want to know whats inside
>>
>>151333296
I have legit high functioning autism and can't understand what would compel someone to be this retarded
>>
>>151332289
Let me clear on this.

You are not the sole human on Earth, nor are your opinions and desires the ones all others branch from. What you or someone else may find boring, someone else may find very fun and exciting. It truly troubles me that you people cannot get that stating something is boring cannot be objective.
>>
>>151310125
With how much it sold and how small their dev team is, they can afford to just keep updating it for years cause mother fuckers made bank.
>>
>>151333119
>>He doesn't like what I like, what an AWFUL person
It's more that you have devoted a good portion of your day to attacking a game you were never interested in and decided you were going to hate months ago. It's not that you dislike it, it's that you autistically must let everyone else know how much you dislike it in an attempt to anger people. This behavior is not normal.
>>
File: b m xoicfug-2i5k435.jpg (158KB, 1224x1600px) Image search: [Google]
b m xoicfug-2i5k435.jpg
158KB, 1224x1600px
>>151333501
>i am autistic and my opinion matters in any subject
>>
File: 1458769385903.jpg (47KB, 599x407px) Image search: [Google]
1458769385903.jpg
47KB, 599x407px
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>151333449
Its the same kind of stuff, you'll get RNG mats and items.
>>
>>151334109
nice OC, took a break between 2 anime seasons and that family size chinese takeout ?
>>
File: underwater.png (2MB, 1623x941px) Image search: [Google]
underwater.png
2MB, 1623x941px
I think I'm almost done with the Atlas portion of the game, I just saved up 400k units and bought a new ship, kinda miss the old one as the steering is a little different.

Try to get a multi-tool with scanner3+ if you want an easier time discovering stuff.

Check this upgrade out.
>>
File: image.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>find a cool fucking huge dragon ship
>it's only 18k
>10 fucking slots

Wew lad

Why can't we own multiple ships? I want to collect all the cool ones senpai
>>
Any chance of this getting cracked for offline mode?
>>
>>151334602
Woah, what kind of aliens were in the system you got it from?
>>
File: b62.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
b62.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>151334109
>haha yes! Those numale failures! what pitiful liars!
>>
File: 123s.png (6KB, 412x104px) Image search: [Google]
123s.png
6KB, 412x104px
>>151334740
gog-version will be up within 1 hour probably
>>
>>151334365
so you happen on it by chance is what youre telling me?
>>
>>151334991
Cool. I like the concept but with shit tornado surrounding this game, I honestly don't trust it on base principal enough to just buy it outright without seeing what it's like first hand.
>>
>>151334643
I made some notes about the number of slots and the price of the ship, I think standing and rng has a little to do with variance.

18 slots - 400k
19 slots - 472k
19 slots - 442k
22 slots -962k
24 slots - 1,601k

All of the upgrades were still pretty minimal, I think it's important to decide the layout of the existing upgrades because if you put two or more like upgrades together they synergize
>>
Whats the best way to make money?
>>
>>151335225
I also found it easier to upgrade my suit if I wanted more inventory slots, atlaspass v1 doors on almost all space stations have upgrade suits so do that unless you like shelter hunting with beacons.
>>
File: Laughing Joestars.png (283KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Joestars.png
283KB, 600x337px
>>151333995
>good portion of my day

nigger I've been here less than an hour while watching TI6
>>
Nice thread, literally Le ddit. The fanboyism is so strong. How's that buyer's remorse going?
>>
>>151335683
That's not fair, channers have buyer's remorse all the time too and can be just as autistically defensive about pet games
>>
File: flowey.png (450KB, 640x685px) Image search: [Google]
flowey.png
450KB, 640x685px
>>151335436
sell your atlas stones
>>
>>151335457
>plays Esports where you get reported for not following meta
>thinks he has a right to shitpost other games
wew lad
>>
File: 124758125484.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
124758125484.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>151335878
>get reported for not following meta
>107 out of 110 available dota 2 heroes picked

You're legit retarded, no wonder you enjoy this game.
>>
>>151335878
Stop giving the autists like him attention, but don't shit on legit criticism, either.
>>
>>151336062
What legit criticism. Feel free to point out where he gave any.
>>
>>151335225
cool data. the only ships ive seen for sale were two of the same thing, 2.6 million each.

anyone else have a glitch where the space station is unmarked? i just spent FOREVER looking for a ping pong ball in space
>>
Sentinels are the biggest keks in this game.
>>
>>151335131
Basically, follow Atlas, you'll get them.
>>
I've been through 2 star systems and have no idea what atlas is. did I fuck up?
>>
File: 20160810080203.jpg (650KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160810080203.jpg
650KB, 1920x1080px
>>151335225
27 slots is 4.3m~
32 slots is 9.8m~
And they're both smaller than an upgraded suit, anyway.

Why is almost every ship in this game so ugly.
>>
>>151334991
Why would it be up within the hour? It's not released until Friday. Preload?
>>
>>151336538
of release obviously
>>
>>151336598
>reading comprehension
I used to be good at this, I swear.
>>
how do I get more slots for my ship/suit? this is feeling like a F2P P2W MMO with how limited my inventory is.
>>
>>151336524
Because RNG

>>151336831
You get more as you progress naturally. You end up with like 25 slots or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
I found the planet of /r9k/
>>
Imagine waiting 2 years of your life closely following every bit of information of this game, thinking it will be video game's second coming of Christ.

We only live to 75-90; you only have a bit more than 50 years of adult life, and 2 of those were taken away from you.
>>
>>151336925
how do I get more though? upgrade from blueprints? buy shit? find new slots?
>>
File: 1456015914850.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456015914850.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>mining beam requires ammo
>But also has an overheat meter

Come on now, one or the other, game. That's just nonsense.

What happens if you run out of mining beam ammo and don't have any resources to reload? can your melee attack break shit apart?
>>
>>151334805
Looks like the Gek
>>
>>151336927
Advise refusal
Don't let him give in to the temptation of becoming a normie. All alien women are shitty people, everyone knows.
>>
>>151334602

You're nowhere close to finishing anything if a new ship is only 400k and you think an aeration system is an impressive upgrafe.
>>
>>151337083
>can your melee attack break shit apart?
Yes. So can shots from your Boltcaster. You can also sometimes find Plutonium in red crates near outposts, which you can use to reload your mining laser enough to mine something bigger.
>>
>>151337083

Mining Beam doesn't need ammo, it needs energy. Also, why the fuck would you ever be mining so much stuff without any plutonium, carbon, or thamium9 on hand?
>>
File: 1469433815867.png (179KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1469433815867.png
179KB, 400x350px
>>151337148
oh boy, my sides.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810185633.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810185633.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>find this huge deposit of Emeril
>there's another one behind me, just as big
>le happy merchant.gif
>>
>>151337980

Emeril crystals are better than the huge deposits Anon. You get about the same amount for less time wasted.
>>
>>151337409

Good enough for me.

>>151337574

It's still a conumable resource you need to power your weapon, I'm just calling it ammo. And I was just wondering if the devs were dumb enough to potentially leave the player stuck without ANY option to restock
>>
>>151336405
you gotta get farther desu. I didn't get a notification about a space anomaly till like my 4th or 5th jump
>>
>>151338161
>I was just wondering if the devs were dumb enough to potentially leave the player stuck without ANY option to restock

To even come close to that situation you would have to intentionally use/destroy all of your Carbon, Plutonium, and Thamium9, then waste your thruster jumps, then park your ship away from any kind of beacon on a planet with no plant life. And even then you'll still be able to find some isotopes somewhere.
>>
>>151321531
The atlas path doesn't really go to the center soo....I think there is more than one objective. He gives you warp cells and, gives radiation shield mods, and teaches ominous words.
>>
>buy a new ship
>plasma beam hits my ship and hurts me
>plasma cannon is constantly at 0% and telling me to reload but lets me fire for free anyways

at least there's 29 slots
>>
48 backback slots is max confirmed.
>>
File: 1360436096685.png (7KB, 274x242px) Image search: [Google]
1360436096685.png
7KB, 274x242px
>>151338571

Which puts my mind at ease. That's always the first thing I look into when it comes to game design, the plan B.
>>
>>151336976
>thinking a game, ANY game will be that life changing

wew lad
>>
>>151338161
The worst thing that can happen is getting lost in a procedurally generated cave or playing walking simulator for more plutonium, or juggling your inventory so you can use that resource.
>>
>>151336976
I felt this with Overwatch

it didn't disappoint tho
>>
>>151337040
for your suit you gotta find drop pods on planets, it's 10k per slot. For ships you gotta buy new ships
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810192005.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810192005.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
Here's the other one I mentioned.

>jewing intensifies.gif

>>151338130
There's only deposits on this planet. The crystals are gold. Yeah. It's weird to me too.
>>
>>151311943

at least ED had shit to do without it bugging you to collect oxygen every minute and a half.
>>
>>151339001
1. make one of those blue chips
2. find a signaling beacon and select shelter
3. profit

They're also in every space station with an atlaspass v1 door.
>>
>>151338660
right on, thanks for the info
>>
>>151321453
How did the zulu ever defeat the brits :^)
>>
>>151339164
so shelter = drop pod? if so thats life changing f@m. I've been flying around randomly coming across them. I only use the transmitters for monolith, and colonial outpost for dem blueprints
>>
>>151337148

>alien women

nice job assuming binary gender, shit-lord
>>
File: image.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw you found wew lad
>>
File: 1363727557292.jpg (51KB, 562x560px) Image search: [Google]
1363727557292.jpg
51KB, 562x560px
>>151339104
>Fly around new planet
>see a few giant gold deposits
>mine a shitload
>get to local shipstation with landing pads
>gold sells for 5% over average here
>>
File: 1458893711903.jpg (40KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
1458893711903.jpg
40KB, 500x289px
>Gravitino Balls as Titanium are at over +100% trade rates
>every time I pick up a Gravitino Ball I get 3 star Sentinels on me

New ship here I come!
>>
>a game with N64 quality textures and absolutely 0 content is priced at $60

It would be better off as a digital Indy game, it's fucking shit for the current price
>>
Could you make a profit just by sitting in a space station and flipping items between traders (buying -%, selling +%)?
>>
>>151340357
Cool
>>
File: image.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>tfw no player driven economy

Why the fuck was this not implemented
>>
File: Cpi2we1XYAA0vGF.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cpi2we1XYAA0vGF.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
I found super deer.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810193953.jpg (577KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810193953.jpg
577KB, 1920x1080px
What do you guys think, pull the trigger on this one or wait until a ship with better upgrades and/or more slots pops up?

>tfw just spent so much refueling my Warpdrive to full
It's a shame they don't give you a top off when you buy.
>>
>>151340357
(you)
>>
is it just me or is Zinc hard af to find? I only see those dumb flowers
>>
>>151341060
That ship is a thousand times better, don't forget you can dismantle your old ship's upgrades for resources to repair your next ship or upgrade it.
>>
I'm seeing all the negative reviews for this game and I totally understand them. Honestly a 5.0 user rating on Metacritic is exactly where this game should be right now. You are either going to love it, or it won't be your thing at all.

Let me start by saying that I had this preordered months ago and cancelled it about 3 weeks back after seeing some more footage that looked bland/generic imho. Fast forward to yesterday when I saw 2 copies on the shelf and my curiosity got the best of me.

I spent the first hour wondering around grabbing ore and carbon without purpose... My planet was pretty barren and hot. I was a good hour in before I realized how all the menus/crafting worked.
Once I figured out how to create items I was lost and took a good 20 minutes to find my ship. Had to mine into a cave to escape heat. Then I began surveying the land from above.
Landed on a space station after I discovered how to go a bit faster. Sense of scale is definitely there. Had I wanted to take 6 hours to fly there rather than just over a minute, I could have.
Saw a blue planet, sweet, I'll head there.. Water... Water everywhere. Awesome! I found some plans I didn't even know I needed. Another hour had passed.

This is where NMS earned it's money. My 4 year old strolls in about 2.5 hours in and starts watching. He's obsessed with the moon and space. He sees a planet in the sky and asks what that planet is. I don't know, let's go find out. He sits watching as I board my ship and proceed to start flying... His eyes light up as I enter space and start speeding along at 999. The planet gets bigger and bigger and he gets more and more excited. I can't think of another game with this amount of true freedom apart from Minecraft on a different scale. But here we aren't confined to the ground.

>>
File: manfish.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
manfish.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
Dumping some spooky fucking manfish.
Probably the coolest planet (moon) I've found so far.
>>
File: Cpi3hAtW8AA1LjI.jpg (188KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cpi3hAtW8AA1LjI.jpg
188KB, 1200x675px
>>151341059
I see the mexicans beat us in the space race.
>>
We land on his planet and see some crazy jellyfish things bouncing around and he asks me to run to a big obelisk he sees. I oblige and proceed to mine it... His gears are turning as he realizes we can pretty much do anything we want in this game. He asks what this planet's name is but I can't pronounce it. What do you want it to be little dude? We decide to name it after him. He's amazed and telling mom he has his own planet, giddy with excitement.

He sees two more planets in the sky and wants to go to the smaller of the two, so off we go. He's giggling as we zoom through space and land on an icy planet with water. He wants me to swim... All right we'll do that for a while. We kill some flowers to get 'magic' then we stumble upon another ship that had crash landed. Follow a distress beacon and find a trader dude. After reading a language we don't understand and guessing luckily... we exit and it's nearly bedtime. He wants to name this planet now too and we decide to name it after his sister of course, because she's smaller than he is.

At this point it's been over 2 hours which felt like minutes. Both of us were captivated and eagerly anticipating what we might find at the next waypoint or planet... we'd only been to 2 of the 9 or so I see in our little corner of the Galaxy. Seeing his excitement combined with my sense of exploration and adventure had already made it money and time well spent.

This game is about freedom, to travel to anywhere you can possibly see and free your imagination. Not many games offer you the opportunity to do that. My 4 year old helped amplify my own sense of excitement and wonder. Five hours in and I've ready got my money's worth. This is the type of game you can play or just sit and watch a buddy play and still be in awe.

>>
File: manfish2.jpg (82KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
manfish2.jpg
82KB, 1920x1080px
>>151341305
>>
TL;DR My one word to define this game is 'freedom'. You get to be the one who sets out and discovers things first like explorers of old, naming everything from whole systems to rocks and plants. My son and I enjoyed the hell out of our first 4-5 hours last night. This morning he asked if we could play 'the spaceman game' when we got home.

No it is not for everyone and by no means is it pulse-pounding. Dont play if you want it to guide you through some storyline. It depends entirely on the person and what you expect in a game. If you expect constant adrenaline... stick with racing sims, MOBAs and COD. If you are the type who likes to adventure, loots every body and explored every square inch of Skyrim jumping up mountains as you went... NMS may be for you.
>>
File: manfish3.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
manfish3.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>151341468
Probably the spookiest thing I've run across so far. Just falls in the uncanny valley.
>>
>>151341632

Why didn't you shoot one down?
>>
>>151341217
I don't have any upgrades on my ship.

I let it go. I think I wanna try to get one that has Pulse Jump or Warp Jump upgrade.
>>
>>151341040

one day anon
>>
How do you get AtlasPass v2?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=601FGxvOAZI
>>
>>151341806
I was about to, but then I decided that I didn't want to taint the beautiful fucks with violence.

No seriously.
>>
>>151341468
>>151341632
Interesting. It seems there are some really unique life forms after all.
>>
>>151342431
Where's the planet at, anon?
>>
File: that's that.jpg (18KB, 722x289px) Image search: [Google]
that's that.jpg
18KB, 722x289px
>>151341632
>walking along, minding your own business
>see this shadow appear on the ground over you
>>
>>151342595
>>151342454
The planet's name is Rose's Retreat .

It's actually a moon that orbits Solomon's Stone named so because said planet is a hunk of rock with a shit ton of monoliths and knowledge stones.

I just named the system it's in "/v/ here".
So, shouldn't be hard remembering the system name.

Happy hunting, anons.

>>151342694
That's actually how I first noticed the fucks. Freaked me the fuck out, I legitimately thought they were some fucked up man hybrids at first. Maybe they are.
>>
>>151342905
I just think it's interesting because they're the most bizarrely humanoid creatures I've seen. Everything else is a pineapple or deer or dinosaur mixture.
>>
File: 1212.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1212.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>151343205
Yea. It makes me hopeful that more weird shit is out there waiting to be found.
Portals have been found, recently, by reddit. But no one can activate them. They're definitely functional, because they act like their own event in that they have programmed music, "black bar" cut-ins, and shit.

There were giant flying creatures in a recent trailer, so I'm hoping to run into one of them.
>>
>>151341292
Copy pasta aside, my 3 year old has been fascinated by this game too. He'll still and watch for hours, curious, asking questions. 3 years old and something can keep his attention for hours. Nothing short of a miracle.
>>
>>151343435
Interesting. Maybe they activate multiplayer.

>>
>>151343559
Lots of 3 year olds love staring at TV for hours.
>>
>>151295610
This game missed like the most obvious features it needed to be fun.
>>
>>151343804
I don't think you've ever had a 3 year old.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810200743.jpg (597KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810200743.jpg
597KB, 1920x1080px
Glad I waited. This baby popped up and I pretty much doubled my ship storage.

Too bad it has that annoying "fire Pulse Beam and damage your own ship" bug.

Excellent game, Sean.
>>
>>151344153
I have several 3-6 year old cousins that go batshit about nothing constantly and act like little retards, because they're kids.

And when I turn on the TV to cartoons, the little ones are first to freeze in silence staring on the couch.
>>
>>151344309
OK.
>>
>>151344348
K... KEEP ME POSTED.
>>
flew into a black hole and my game crashed
>>
>>151344454
holy shit the game wont run any more
(CE-34878-0)
>>
>>151344454
The PS4 seems to have a lot of issues because it's a port from PC.
>>
i just bought a ship and i think the gek who sold it to me kept all the shit i had in my trunk.he's only the second one i've ever seen,

FUCKING GEKS
>>
>>151344678
So Geks are space Jews?
>>
>>151344678

you're supposed to move all your shit over before buying it

I don't even have the game and I know that
>>
File: 1424898544438.png (462KB, 850x506px) Image search: [Google]
1424898544438.png
462KB, 850x506px
>>151344454
>>151344591
>holy shit the game wont run any more
>(CE-34878-0)
>>
>>151344607
guess ill be torrenting come friday
>>
>spend all fucking day grinding to finish the Atlas Path
>create a star
>your reward: a black hole to nowhere
what's the fucking point? I feel like I wasted my time
>>
>>151344979
Exploration.
>>
>>151344787
i know that now. it was my first purchase, i thought it was automatic. fortunately i just got done off loading, he only got a shit load of plutonium
>>
File: How's the time wasting going.jpg (98KB, 1794x288px) Image search: [Google]
How's the time wasting going.jpg
98KB, 1794x288px
>see creature I don't recognize
>press R1
>It has a red dot!
>scan it
>pic related
I hate this so fucking much.
>>
>>151345029
it seems like it's more bang for your buck to just sell the Atlas Stones
>>
>>151344779
they literally are. they all have big lizard snouts and are always looking at trade notes and trying to get your units
>>
>>151344779
No. They have the potential to smell good.
>>
I don't want to wait 2 more days. I want the PC version right now. Someone hack steam pls.
>>
Nu man's sky
>>
>>151345352
My beard will fight your beard and win.
>>
So is this the place where people actually talk about the game rather then shitposting and baiting each other?

If so, does anybody have scans of the artbook?
>>
>>151345329
Hacking initiating...
>>
No Man's Buy is a shit game from a liar developer. You faggots are letting yet another liar slide for an overpriced, ugly game.

kill yourselves
>>
>>151345670
K... Keep me posted.
>>
File: lmao fag.png (19KB, 628x343px) Image search: [Google]
lmao fag.png
19KB, 628x343px
>>151309980
I was going to make hot memes out of this, but instead I learned something.
>>
Don't buy the game. Wait two weeks. Just two weeks. Then hit metacritic, ignore all the reviews that are 10 (pure fanboy), or 0 (pure troll) and see what you've got. That'll be your honest picture of the game. I generally ignore the 1's and 9's too.
>>
>IT COST $60 OF MY MOMS MONEY SO IT SHOULD BE EVERYTHING I WANT IT TO BE

$60 isn't a lot of fucking money. If you're complaining that $60 is too much for a video game you should either get better at deciding what games you'll enjoy before you buy them or don't buy video games until you have the income to afford it.
>>
>>151346350
Yeah, two weeks will give people enough time to let the novelty factor wear off. Without that, no positive review is trustworthy, not a single one.
>>
>>151346350
>Then hit metacritic
Or don't and just pirate the game instead. Or at least use another review aggregator that isn't abject shit.
>>
File: 1461473778175.png (190KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
1461473778175.png
190KB, 300x420px
>people bought this
>>
>>151346565
Unless a game is good for two weeks and then gets boring. Two weeks of solid gameplay is p. good imho
>>
No Man's Ska
>>
>>151346374
I bet you preordered, like a fucking moron, didn't you? 60 dollars is 60 dollars, and spent stupidly is still a waste. You were probably raised by a single mother.
>>
>>151346815
I have about 2,000 dollars to spend on games every 3 months, so.
>>
No multiplayer Sky
>>
>>151346667
You have horrible expectations. You are the least common denominator who is bringing down the quality of everything in life.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 447x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 447x547px
>an entire randomly generated universe
>everything looks copy-pasted
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>151346949
Is that an attempt to boast?
>>
>>151347000
the least common denominator is someone who buys a game for $60 on release, plays it for 5 hours then drops it and go backs to COD/Minecraft/FIFA until the next overhyped FOTM game with a million dollar marketing budget releases. not him btw.
>>
File: 1449960206131.jpg (371KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449960206131.jpg
371KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>151347174
There was no attempt. That was a flat out boast.
>>
i wish this wasn't marketed and stayed a niche game so we could just talk about comfy exploration and feels without memes everywhere.
>>
>>151345063
It literally tells you to transfer your shit before accepting.
>>
>>151295610
Tfw when finding a gold planet
600k for for half an hour of work
>>
>>151347248
Do the math.
>>
>>151306840
That's why I got it on ps4 as apposed to PC, it's just like having a glorified interactive screensaver in my living room. I can just flip the TV on, play astronaut for a minute and walk away.
>>
>>151315276
You basically havent played the game. Did you just fucking enter a planets orbit and cruise around tickling your asshole? learn to get off your ship mate.
>>
>>151307818

You don't build things. It's just exploring.
>>
>>151347357
LMAO, like a Persian who thinks he impresses white women with tons of cologne.
>>
File: 1469103681464.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1469103681464.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
Has anyone actually found any planets like the ones in the tech demos?

Big dinosaurs and an earthlike land water ratio?

Do the animals forever look - for lack of a better term - derpy?
>>
>>151347982
see
>>151343435
>>151341468
>>151341305
>>151341632
>>
>>151346217
Fag: a cigarette
"ay mate can I bum a fag? "
>>
>>151347982
I found a planet that was almost all water and lush islands. I found some lava t-rexs that looked cool.
>>
Do you think they hid anything in the planet cores?
How deep can you dig?
>>
>>151310749

This the first reasonable thing about the game I've seen on here. If your the kind of person who likes just walking around and exploring in minecraft then you'll probably like this.

I have no idea why the devs had such a hard time trying to explain the game.
>>
>>151349117
Get diggin' Anon
>>
>>151349117
No. You can only dig down 128m
>>
Does anybody have the artbook?
>>
>>151349465
Dinkelbuuurrrrg!
>>
File: 1468332405153.png (648KB, 748x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1468332405153.png
648KB, 748x1132px
>>151347421
what kind of idiot packs their shit into another persons ship before they agree to buy it? why the fuck did the menu close the minute i handed him my units?

it was a rip off i tell you, the dirty gek bastard
>>
>>151349465
>128m
That's pretty gay
>>
>>151308576
>>151308576
>anyone who expresses dissenting opinions is /v/

You deserve a shit general.
>>
>>151295610

My only major complaint about the game so far is that certain places feel pretty empty. Like Outposts or space stations. More so space stations. They seem so massive but there seems to be only guy there every time.

Maybe there's more behind the atlas pass doors. But I kinda wish there was more npcs to talk too, learn lore about the universe, and such. They can have animals wandering around the planet why not some aliens wandering around the stations?
>>
No matter how hard you try, you aren't gonna be making a difference.

A few unorganized /v/ermins don't even stand a chance against Hello Games' 6 million dollar machine known as r/NoMansSkyTheGame on the social media. And given that Reddit is also in their pocket, it essentially eliminated all chances that the alternative voiced be heard by the masses.

You might think the system could be changed or brought down from with in by whistle-blowers, but as the positive reception start to pile up I really doubt anymore people are gonna value their conscience over the safety of themselves and their family.

If you value your life, your safety, or even only your mind if you're emotionally invested in a Hello Games' TORtanic, I suggest you quit now.
>>
File: Hardonadon.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Hardonadon.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>
This game makes me want to play space engineers
>>
does anyone here even use the phase beam at all in their ships?
>>
File: 1252657692767.jpg (51KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1252657692767.jpg
51KB, 512x384px
Anyone found any double star systems? I was looking forward to seeing a multiple sunrise.
>>
>>151345670
>>151346815
>>151346619
>>151346962
>>151347067
(you)
>>
>>151351057
I tried to, but my new one with 20 slots for 600k, apparently is bugged. Shooting the Phase Beam hurts my ship half the time. I ended up just removing it.

On a side note, does anyone else feel bad about switching ships? I just switched from my pre-order one and I feel awful terrible about just leaving it there...
>>
>>151350504
What a dickhead
>>
>HE LIED LETS RUIN HIS LIFE AND REPUTATION

are you autists forgetting every single dev lies for PR, Gabe lies to you all the time

>B-but s-steam is GOOD
>>
What's the go with mountains?
All I see are hills.
>>
>>151351773

Go tell that to Reddit. I'm pretty sure most everyone in this thread just wants to explore comfy planets with or without multiplayer.
>>
>>151350291
That's not how it works. People from /vg/ don't go into generals purely to say the game sucks. There's plenty of negative opinions about games going on but they're justifiable annoyances from people who actively play the game.

"this game sux" is /v/ tier, and whining about expressing dissenting opinions is straight out of /v/.
>>
>>151351773
When was the last time Gabe lied?
HL2: Episode 3. It's still hurting.
>>
>>151350504
Underrated file name
>>
People saying that you cant see others because they could be light years ahead/behind you is the dumbest shit ever
>>
Is the max exosuit inventory 16?
>>
>>151352765
>I have autism and can't recognize irony
>>
File: ZkQjPyG.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
ZkQjPyG.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>didnt even try to hide it on us boxes
>>
>>151352770

No it's 48
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBLybGZN_ek

post comfy music that suits the game
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810215348.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810215348.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
It's so cheap! So expensively cheap! ;_;
>>
File: Bounce to Orbit.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bounce to Orbit.webm
3MB, 852x480px
Anyone know what happened here? I hopped in my ship and just shot immediately into orbit.
>>
>>151353378
Looks pretty cool though. Time to grind.
>>
>>151352882
We've had this discussion.
Online play is the same thing as an online scoreboard.
>>
File: image.gif (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
90KB, 600x600px
>find warp fuel
>already have a full tank and like 7 more sitting in my inventory
Why can't you fucking sell these
>>
>>151353848
Hold up and R1 launches you if you have Launch Thrust.
>>
So is this game pretty much starbound 2.0 in terms of broken promises?
>>
>>151353848
Your ship had enough of that planet.
>>
>>151353857
I know right? It's even got a little Zaku Commander's horn!
>>
File: 1436090520841.png (21KB, 379x254px) Image search: [Google]
1436090520841.png
21KB, 379x254px
>>151351773
Gabe Newell can go fuck himself, he lost any and all goodwill he had built up when he decided to see how hard he could fuck consumers with that "paid mods" shit and only stopped because of the massive backlash.
>>
>>151354057
Yeah, but not THAT fast. That was instantaneous surface to orbit travel.

>>151354165
I kinda agree, except the space station will only give me -3.4% of market value value for my 2000 units of Emeril.
>>
>>151354492
I think if your ship is landed in an odd way or on the border of two tiles of a crazy different slope then it launches you like a halo 2 super bounce. Could be completely wrong though
>>
>>151353378
Is it a smaller ship? I've only been checking prices/slots on the big ships when I camp the stations. Nice to know the smaller ones can have more slots.
>>
>>151304243
freighter building hopefully. with lots of customization and rooms.
>>
FOV slider WHEN
>>
>>151355321
12th
>>
>>151351057
Phase Beam is literally superior to photon cannon. It hitscans the fuck out of enemy ships.
>>
can anyone PLEASE explain how to get the Atlaspass v2 or v3? and at what point?
>>
Took me getting really deep in the zone while building up new ship.

This game is the missing side to Destiny. Some of the stuff missing in Destiny is the key gameplay in this game.
>>
Why is finding that last species such suffering
>>
>>151356105
If you go to the faggy-gay system you'll find one
>>
I have a marker that points to a planet on my system. When I go to that planet and face the marker it disappears. How the fuck am I supposed to find this marker? I'm sick of this system. I've been here for hours. I've cleared every planet and hit my language milestone 10 without having left the first system.

Help.
>>
>>151356432
On planet bitchtits
>>
How many hours will it take before someone will reach the center of the universe? Before you say it was documented at 6 hours then no. That person got to the center of the galaxy, after that they are transported to ANOTHER galaxy. However , I understand there are 18446744073709551616 planets inside the game. But how many of them are in each galaxy? And how many galaxies are in the game?
>>
>>151356543
Step 1 is to stop being a giant tripfagging gaylord. Let's not start this general off with reddit tier faggotry.
>>
>>151356543
If it goes away when your looking at it then you know you're going the right way if you cant see it
>>
>>151356727
Yeah, I know. I forgot to take it off. Calm down.

>>151356743
So I basically have to keep scanning until I hopefully run into it? I'm sick of seeing it.
>>
>>151356704
fuck you bub in the off chance you are legitimately asking a question the answer is 6 hours because you can't reach the center of the universe and sean fucked it up using the word universe instead of galaxy
>>
>>151356820
But he clearly stated that we all started in the same galaxy. Which is true.
>>
>>151356916
how would you know where you are in relation to the entire universe though + unless the game universe is static you would constantly be moving away from it + do you really think they would have put something neat there
>>
>>151357067
Yes. In the centre of the universe is Sean Murray. He tells the first person who reaches it that they've won a percentage of the profits of the game and the ability to make changes that effect every player.
>>
>>151357067
Its possible in different galaxies there are better equipment? Maybe a galaxy tracker?
>>
Has anyone else made it to the center yet? Not bad at all. 10/10 would do over again if I didn't have to work again starting tomorrow.
>>
>Desperately need Plutonium to fuel my empty launch thrusters and get off this shithole planet
>Mine 3 crystals, should be enough
>SENTINELS ALERTED
>>
>>151357201
>yfw the first person is a 12 year old kid in belgium
>>
So what's the deal?

Sean seems to be pretending the guys found each other on his twitter. Or is he Implying they WOULD have found each other, had the servers been working?

I don't care if it's multiplayer or not. I just wanna know. I'd rather not get 420 fuckscoped unexpectedly by some random encounter with another player, when I thought it couldn't happen. Sean's still being vague as fuck even after its out. Wtf.
>>
>>151357428
I think he's too busy getting his limey dick sucked by as many expensive hookers as possible to give a shit about the people who bought No Man's Lies
>>
>>151357428
you can get your ship stolen by someone
>>
I found a planet today with quite a large "mountain" that was far taller than anything I had seen before.

I couldn't resist and managed to land my ship on top of it before admiring a perfectly timed sunset.

However, upon returning to my ship I realised my launch module was out of fuel and I had no Plutonium left to recharge. So off I set to try and find some. Or at least that was my original plan, but with the sun's rays gone I realised I wouldn't last more than a few minutes on this icy planet, so I spent the night sitting in my ship, waiting for the heat to return.

Morning came and I set off on foot to find some bloody plutonium. However, this proved to be a lot harder than expected and involved a long climb down to flatter land. The search itself took ages, as did the long journey back up, as I pushed my rocket pack to the max.

I was cursing myself the whole time for having made such a silly error - and for what, a brief sunset? What a waste of time...

But once I made it back to my craft, I suddenly realised I'd just had a truly organic gaming experience. Nothing had been scripted. There had been no 'correct' path or decision. My scrabble up the sheer rock faces had been frustrating at the time, yet during those 30 minutes I had been utterly immersed in the world.

Sure, it was relatively simple, but I had problem solved my way out of a sticky situation. It was almost a perfect gaming experience.

I left that planet with a big smile on my face.
>>
>>151357428
For instance overnight we hit 10 million species discovered in NMS... that's more than has been discovered on earth. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!
>>
>>151298109
Anon, maybe try thinking for yourself?
:-)
>>
>>151357656
See the OP picture. That's literally how he's acting.
>>
>>151357827
It is a testament to how amazing our network coders are that Discoveries are still working at all.
>>
>>151357712
It's reddit pasta you autistic fag.
>>
File: Everest2011-JPG.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Everest2011-JPG.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
Didn't Sean also say the planets were planet sized? Does anyone else kind of think he lied about that as well? If there was one thing I want in this game are verg high mountains. Honestly. There's a mountain on Mars called Olympus Mons. That's three times higher than Mount Everest. Is it possible to ever feel that scale? The planets are just filled with hills at most.
>>
File: sORNgLf5Bm-2.png (23KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
sORNgLf5Bm-2.png
23KB, 300x250px
An extreme radiation planet with Calium, Iridium ore, Albumen Pearls, Gravitino Balls, and Emeril crystals with Sentinel's extremely hostile.
>>
File: 12562362.jpg (125KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
12562362.jpg
125KB, 600x742px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrDaudzn64
>>
File: Screenshot_20160811-005059.png (510KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160811-005059.png
510KB, 1440x2560px
>>151358021
What did he mean by this? No seriously.
>>
>>151358213
We hope to see those happening... but too many of you are playing right now. More than we could have predicted
>>
>>151358213
He literally meant "Thanks for giving me your money, suckers! I'M RICH BITCH!"
>>
Serious question for you guys.

Do you guys really run out of Plutonium?

>>151358061
The planets are planet sized in aspect that they're huge. The scale on the other hand...
>>
>>151358378
He's welcome to it. This game is comfy
>>
>>151358061

The planets are planet sized but there are no tall mountains or deep valleys. Every planet is basically just rolling hills.
>>
>>151358432
>Do you guys really run out of Plutonium?
I imagine not.

I haven't, though I haven't been collecting as much as I used to. I could see something like that being an issue in the future, on planets where Plutonium is non-existent or restrictively rare.
>>
>>151296661

They will be green. Their stone deposits look either white or greenish, respectively.

Also, I've come across many asteroids containing nickel too.
>>
>Start up game today
>Menus super confusing
>Not really sure what to do
>Need "Heridium" to fix my ship
>Doesn't seem to exist anywhere

What kind of stuff drops it?
>>
>>151358585
Honestly what the fuck. Come on.... Space Engine did the scale pretty well...
>>
>>151358714
Stupid black rectangular cocks should be around. Both times I've started fresh they were around. If that fails, some animals drop it. If that fails than I dunno.
>>
New bread
>>151358825
>>151358825
>>151358825
>>
>>151311642

I wonder if it's worth repairing the damaged ones..

I'm sitting on some warp cores, because last time I found a ship I could completely rebuild, but I had a nearly complete hyper drive.

The extra 10 slots of the distressed ship wasn't worth the loss of several warps.
>>
Goddamnit. The thing that could've made this game great would've literally been space minecraft. Although instead of servers, you just have planets.

Each planet could be like a server, and the person who discovered it could decide what kind of planet they want to run. PvP, survival, building, etc.

But instead we get to play by ourselves and talk to monoliths and the same aliens over and over, with a fuck load of acid rain planets.
>>
>>151359043
>18 quintillion servers with at most 1 person on them at any given time
>>
>>151359467
Obviously people would advertise theirs, and there'd be ones with more people. For example, /nmsg/ would have a planet/systrm to act like huge gaylords in or whatever. The planets/systems which don't have more than 1 person on them obviously don't have a server asigned to them.

There'd have to be a system or planet search however.
>>
>>151359632

Why don't you just play Minecraft or GTA if you want to dick around with people?
>>
>>151347000
The least common denominator is the types who came around with the last gen, and expect every game to have tacked on multiplayer, be bloated in size, and be a cinematic movie game
>>
Does anyone actually find aqua stones? I've only ever bought them, and if I ever had water on a planet I wouldn't know where to look
>>
A vy'keen just asked for my multitool and gave me an upgraded one. 7 slots.
Just a heads up if anyone sees that. I didn't lose rep for refusing either.
>>
>>151313937
>wanting multiplayer more than content

kek fucking /v/ always shitters
>>
File: 8222048.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
8222048.png
49KB, 200x200px
>>151298993

As compared to what? What game, specifically, has a bigger, "more seamless" game world, that's procedurally generated?

And what difference does it make if you're given the option to waste three hours flying between star systems? What an odd way to play this game.

Quit pretending that this game is substendard because you're a hipper-than-thou simpleton.
Thread posts: 752
Thread images: 123

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.