[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fog/ - Fallout General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 776
Thread images: 123

File: Nightstand-Book-NB1883-1968.jpg (289KB, 729x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Nightstand-Book-NB1883-1968.jpg
289KB, 729x1186px
>fog/ Mod Archive
http://fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
http://pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
http://pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
https://mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
http://pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
http://pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
http://pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
http://pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
http://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
>>>/aco/fallout (nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
>>>/y/fallout (nsfw)

Pre-War Thread: >>150086482
>>
ITT

>Obsidicuk: I don't like thing
>Bethesdrone: I don't like thing
>>
FIRST FOR THE BOS IS FUCKING RETARDED
>>
>>150153293
>Obsidicuck: I like thing but Bethesdrone ruins thing because they and their fans are fucking retarded
>Bethesdrone: lol deal w/it nerd
>>
>>150153396
>I don't like thing
>>
Nev Vegas fanboys just need to let go.
>>
Weebly guy update your fucking website
>>
>>150153556
We'll never stop fighting as long Bethesda squats on Fallout and keeps desecrating it

Fallout should have died with Interplay. No games ever again is better than the corpsefucking Bethesda does to it.
>>
reminder that curie is real and strong and she is my waifu.
>>
File: 20160411014206_1.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160411014206_1.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
xth for finding love and happiness in the harsh wasteland
>>
File: 1455817013741.jpg (10KB, 293x282px) Image search: [Google]
1455817013741.jpg
10KB, 293x282px
>>150153736
>>150153556
>>
>>150153736
Avellone told to let go, several times.

Way to miss the point. Some fan you are.
>>
>>150154064
>Dead Money was a metaphor for the state of the Fallout franchise

DEEPEST
>>
>>150154018
Shut up Dogmeat.
>>
>>150154182
you can't undo the past
>>
>>150153102
Hey guys. Autistic settlement decorating anon here, looking for some new settlement mods (currently have homemaker and snap n build)
What settlement mods do you reccomend?
>inb4 memecraft
>>
So how lame will nukaworld end up being?
>>
>>150154371

I recommend deleting homewrecker
>>
File: Betehsda.webm (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Betehsda.webm
1MB, 1024x576px
How can we fix Fallout 4?
>>
>>150154474
We know precisely fuckall about it, so nobody can say.
>>
>>150154474

>>
Uptodate list of required mods GO
>>
How many fo4 esps are you running, /fog/? I'm at 173 now
>>
>>150154610
Delete the whole thing and start from scratch?

> New engine
> Add RPG Elements
> Add actual choices to dialog
> change the way AI reacts to you (IE the raider hide out where you meet cait, EI why does a raider see through my full raider outfit that fully hides my face....)
> Stop reusing ideas from 1 and 2 and make your fucking own?
> etc etc, do I really have to go on?
>>
>>150154474
Realistically? It'll probably be good but nowhere near good enough for it to be the last DLC.
>>
>>150154782
damn, I thought 167 was high. Dump yours I'll dump mine?
>>
>>150154610
Give it to Sawyer and Avellone.
Bethesda need to go back to making souless fantasy games. They can't make games for a thinking man.
>>
>>150154949
>
> change the way AI reacts to you (IE the raider hide out where you meet cait, EI why does a raider see through my full raider outfit that fully hides my face....)
They don't, however, all raider clans are at war with each other, it doesn't matter if your dressed up as a raider, your not one of their raiders.
>>
>>150154506
Why for?
>>
>>150154949
>> Stop reusing ideas from 1 and 2 and make your fucking own?
because a continuation of a series should just be something wildly fucking different.
>>
>>150155069
>Implying Self insert Avellone and "more blunt the a club" Sawyer can write things that require thining
>>
>>150155215
This is what I always found funny

This
>MAKE UP UR OWN SHIT!
argument totally ignores that its a fucking game series.

Its like saying to the TES games
>THEY NEED TO STOP HAVING THE DEADRA, THE 10 PLAYABLE RACES, TAMRIEL, AND WE NEED TO GET NEW IDEAS!
Its like, if you get rid of all that, what makes it a fucking TEs game at that point
>>
>>150155106
> Kill a raider out side
> Wear raiders clothing to the full that covers up everything on me making me fully look like said raider I just killed
> Walk inside to raiders whom this raider would be apart of
> Shot at instantly because they see though my ruse

Yeah right.
>>
>>150155215
>>150155417

It was more about enclave, brotherhood of steel, super mutants etc. Things that shouldn't be all over the place, are. Because.... reasons....
>>
>>150155439
>Wear raiders clothing to the full that covers up everything on me making me fully look like said raider I just killed
>Implying clothing is the only thing thats visibly distinguishing
>forgetting things like how you walk, and how you hold yourself
>>
>>150155547
because the continental united states is completely and utterly impassible.
>>
>>150155602
But animations are all the same??????? Besides, I can just be standing there and they'll attack.
>>
>>150155439
>travelling, living and raiding with a tight knit group of 10
>implying you wouldn't notice some stranger wearing your friends clothes
>>
>>150155547
>It was more about enclave
Except we know from Fallout 2 that the Enclave had bases all over America.

> brotherhood of steel
The Brotherhood of Steel formed an empire spanning the Midwest, that was the size of the NCR as it is NOW, decades before the NCR got even all of California under its control.

The BoS were long the most mobile and spread out faction long before Bethesda got a hold of the series.

>super mutants
This is the only thing that can be remotely considered valid, but even then, BEthesda made their own super mutants, and didn't just reuse the Master's.
>>
>>150155215
>>150155417
I think he meant stop using the brotherhood and enclave and supermutants and make up your own shit. It was fucking lazy for Bethesda to put all that stuff on the east coast. There could have been something new there, but they had to reuse even the plot from the first two.
>>
>>150155772
>There are supermutants on the east coast
>But why? Only the master made supermutants
>S-Shut up they're different
>>
>>150155417
But you don't need to get rid of those things to bring in new ideas.

You stop using them as a crutch because you've fallen in a slump and become creatively stagnant.
>>
>>150155439
You also have a pipboy on your wrist.

Which makes me wonder how the fuck the Courier got away with disguising as a Legionnaire.
>>
>>150155779
You are aware Fallout 3 was deliberately designed to be a soft reboot of the series because it had been effectively dead for a decade and no one outside a small group of people knew anything about what was in previous Fallout game.

Like, the whole point was that it was made for new people, and so Bethesda could
>"ok, see all this shit, this is most of the shit you missed from the first two games"

But even then, Fallout 3 and its DLC had a number of new factions and organizations.
>>
>>150156009
>The third in a series is a reboot
Are you retarded?
>>
>>150155770
Sure you would. But not instantly at a distance like they do.

> Walk anywhere within visual range
> Might as well have a big neon sign above head
>>
>>150155770
Worked in New Vegas
>>
>>150155779
>>150155923
I mean, at that point why not just kill FO off entirely and make your own post-apocalyptic game?

>>150156071
Are you actually arguing that FO wasn't effectively dead before 3 came out?
>>
>>150155917
>But why? Only the master made supermutants
>S-Shut up they're different
Its actually more like
>basic logic dictates that no one would be stupid enough to keep all of their super solider serum/testing in one place in order to rpevent self-confirmation bias that could end the project before it was fully explored
>This gives us a logical out as to why super mutants could be on the east coast, and allows us to make a new kind of super mutant in the process
>>
check this out
fallout in alaska

>no brotherhood
>probably enclave
>snow?
>mutated bears
>>
>>150156007
at a distance and even so, they might think you acquired some new gear?
>>
>>150156071
What part of SOFT reboot do you not understand?
>>
>>150156009
>>150156071
To add onto this, none of the factions really interact with each other. There's no point in them being there. And when they are, it's for a ridiculous reason.
>>150156130
Actually, troika, a team of ex interplay employes would have bought it, so no. And that's not an excuse for it being retarded
>>150156137
It's more like lazy writing
>>
>>150156223
raiders split the loot and the leader gets the best shit. Even if they think you are who you are pretending to be, they're going to be pissed you got new shit without telling everyone else.
>>
The overgrowth mod is so nice.

Ive heard people complain about it saying it ruins the point of fallout, but color is definitely better and after 200 years shit wouldve grown back. If you guys havent used it I wouls suggest looking it up at the very least. It makes everything seem so much better.
>>
>>150156009
It was more they way they impalement it and the think and shitty story lines behind it all.
>>
File: 1469723410299.gif (206KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469723410299.gif
206KB, 500x500px
>make a new character with no intentions of building/MM shit
>end up making a massive complex in sanctuary
>>
>>150156320
>well this might have happened so no
>being retarded
what.
the brand was dead. I've never even heard of Troika (literally who).
So let's see this Troika FO. I'm curious how shit it would be.
>>
>>150156320
>To add onto this, none of the factions really interact with each other
They shouldn't DESU.

The hamfisted reasoning using behind why every single faction in NV was pulled into the overly elaborate conspiracy theory that was the MQ was on of its biggest failings.

Riley's Rangers, the Regulators, the slavers of paradise Falls, they had ZERO reason to become part of the narrative of the BoS vs Enclave.

It would be like the Guilds of Tamriel getting involved in the affairs of the main quest, its literally not their job.
>>
>>150156341
> corvega plant
> Raider way up high
> I'm down at the bottom
> Can hardly see what he is wearing with a sniper rifle
> Dude instantly knows it's not me as soon as he's looking in my direction and am within a certain range
> that range being a range that you may not even be able to tell if I'm a female or male dot dot dot dot dot
>>
There are so many fucking raiders in Fallout 4 that you wonder why the hell didn't they take over every single other settlement.
And no, it is not because "they wouldn't have things to raid then".
>>
>>150156137
Except your don't fly out samples that important. You get another expert or experts in the fields to corroborate data.
>>
>>150156616
Its because none of the raider clans are untied and they spend so much time fighting each other they cant take anything order.
>>
>>150156449
Troika made VTMB. It would have bought the fallout series. You make it sound like I owe Bethesda, but I don't. It probably would have been van buren. Which would have added a lot of new features. There's an alpha somewhere, but it sucks.
>>
>>150156647
Except the government knew there was going to be a nuclear war, and had no reason to NOT hide some samples inside one of their nuclear proof bunkers instead of keeping it in an otherwise entirely soft military base like mariposa.
>>
>>150156680
The fact that 90% of the population is raiders with them killing each other all the time makes you wonder as to where all of these people keep coming from.....
>>
>>150156501
NV factions are good. They have personalities and goals and relationships towards one another. That's how communities near eachother work in real life dipshit. Yeah they had zero reason to be a part of it, but this is because they're overall unimportant and useless
>>
>>150156786
>No reason not to hide
>Same country that put its citizens in interment camps during a war because they were the wrong race
Okay
>>
File: 12341152.jpg (706KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
12341152.jpg
706KB, 1920x1080px
>This is acceptable
Can anybody actually run this shit at max settings with a consistent 60+ FPS?
>>
>>150156692
>VTMB
You mean the game that literally requires an unofficial patch to run?
Okay, my expectations hit a new low.
>Van Buren
Would've been interesting but likely would've suffered the same fate as BoS.
>>
>>150156616
Well, here are some probable ideas I can think of:

1. The minutemen were around, when the story begins IIRC they have just died out.

2. If you think about it, there arent any real settlements until you clear them and the very few left are often being harassed by them and used by Raiders to grow their food, which they then steal.

3. Super mutants seem to always fight them as well. They would be just as lmited as anyone else when it comes to moving about

4. The institute and Synths (same as above) + maybe Synths are infiltrating them as well? Come to think of it I dont think ive ever killed a synth raider, has anyone else?

5. war between them. They arent all the same clan realistically. They would still be warring vs each other.
>>
>>150156901
no
>>
>>150156870
>>150156501
To add to this, dealing with the various factions in the area is a tactical move. You don't even have to if you go independent.
>>
File: butts.jpg (280KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
butts.jpg
280KB, 856x1200px
>>150156889
>Thinking that racial tensions has anything to do with basic logic

If they WERE paranoid about chinese spies, then they'd be even more likely to move the FEV to many locations, so they'd decrease the odds of the chinese ruining it all
>>
Is it cheating if I use the console to give myself some items to begin building a base? Not a lot, but enough to make a cozy place?

I just know if I do I'll go full cheat and ruin the game for myself ;_;
>>
>>150156867
Scaling is a bitch.
>>
Does MO2 work or should I stick with NMM?
>>
>>150156931
>VTMB
Just because it's buggy doesn't mean it's not good
>Van buren
You've never played it. How would you know?
>>150156616
Because since most of the game revolves around shooting and exploring you need something to shoot.
>>
>>150154474
Worse than Maxwell's World
>>
>>150157072
Just scrap some trees and cars.
>>
>>150156901
The game is a poorly optimized piece of shit with impractically big textures that are also poorly optimized pieces of shit.
>>
>>150157143
>just because it's unplayable unless you haven't upgraded your PC since 2005 doesn't mean it's bad
Okay.
>How would you know
How would you know that Troika would do a better job with FO than Bethesda or Obsidian?
I mean, if we want to just assume things, we can do that.
>>
>>150156870
>NV factions are good.
Not really, the Khans made no sense, their entire relationship with the Legion is based around them magically not knows literally everything about how the Legion works, from its slavery, to its banning of drugs, despite the fact these are things near every other NPC talks about.

Similarly, the Van Graffs, and Omertas, siding with the Legion for similar reasons is equally beyond stupid and nonsensical.

When it comes to the larger factions

-The NCR is so idiotic, and so unable to do even basic tasks like kill some giant ants, that its impossible to take them seriously.

-The Legion is literally the mustache twirling villains behind everything that the NPCs of Fallout 4 make The Institute out to be, without the revelation that most of its was actually superstition that makes such a plot believable.

-House is a massive egomaniac whose plans have constantly backfired on him, and who has constantly worked against his own goals, to the point you have to wonder if hes bipolar.

The entire Main Quest about
>HELP US WIN THIS WAR!
Is entierly negated by the fact that nothing you do besides curing Caesars tumor, and saving/killing Kimball actually contributes to the war effort in any way.

At the same time, everything that WOULD contribute to the war effor is thrown to the side and treated as unimportant.

Literally everything about New Vegas's plot and main faction is this entierly disorganized jumble of random ideas that doesn't go anywhere and doesn't make any sense, and only works on NPCs being so stupid they couldn't breathe, or so ignorant the might as well be asking what color the sky is while standing outside.
>>
What "Weapon Sets" can you guys come up with as being justifiable or relevant to Fallout up to at least Fallout: New Vegas?

Here's an example

American Domestic/Asian Theater pre-G3/R91 and energy weapons:
Rifle: M16A2
Carbine: M4
Shotgun: Remington 870
DMR: M14
LMG: BAR
SMG: Uzi

In other words, what weapons do you think go together, were used together, or are closely related at any point in history in Fallout's universe?
>>
>>150157037
>Hidden bunker with soldiers whose only job was to listen to radio signals
>Implying they weren't paranoid about chinese spies
>Implying they would move a top secret formula to multiple places to increase chances of it falling into enemy hands
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>150157719
>Implying they would move a top secret formula to multiple places to increase chances of it falling into enemy hands
The place they were moving it to was their own Vault program that they controlled, it was literally the most secure spot possible for them to put it.
>>
File: 377160_20160730223924_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160730223924_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>150156901
I do with lotsa mods

gtx980@ 1279 MHz
4790k@ 4.6 Ghz
>>
>>150157072
Shipments of basic shit like wood and metal are cheap. Scrounging for that shit is for the birds just have it carted in.
>>
>>150157428
>the Khans made no sense, their entire relationship with the Legion is based around them magically not knows literally everything about how the Legion works, from its slavery, to its banning of drugs, despite the fact these are things near every other NPC talks about.
>the Van Graffs, and Omertas, siding with the Legion for similar reasons is equally beyond stupid and nonsensical.

So you failed to read the dialogue where they literally tell the Courier that it was promised them they would still be allowed to have their cultures (false promise, obviously)?
It is not hard to see why the Khans, who value strength and warriorhood above all, would rather side with the Legion, especially after the emissary's honeyed words.
Same goes for Omertas and Van Graffs. Lesser of two evils type of thing.
Hell, it is basically the reason why Ulysses was pissed with the Legion.

I agree about the NCR, despite them being my favourite faction. They are extremely idiotic, but that is what the NCR is. They ARE ineffective, they ARE lazy, they ARE poorly trained, they ARE bureaucratic, they follow retarded orders given by retarded superiors.
The thing is that the game also paints the NCR this way, the game doesn't pretend the NCR isn't dumb and ineffective, everyone talks about how the NCR is ruled by retards.

House is egomaniac indeed.

I just don't see how any of that makes the factions "not good".

They would be bad IF the game painted them in a good light and then in-game they were retarded.
But the game tells you that the NCR is shit and that House is a flawed blind egomaniac man.

See the Institute, for example, they're supposed to be ultra-smart and all, they are painted this way in the game, but they're not like that AT ALL in the game, they are dumb and make no sense. THAT makes a faction bad.
>>
>>150157425
Bethesda games aren't quite as buggy, but still pretty bad. As in the game is frozen, I stuck in a wall, I'm stuck in vats
>Van buren
A lot of people could have done a better job than Bethesda
>>150157428
in case you didn't know. The khans were a raider tribe on the west coast. They never had any interactions with the Leigon before and aren't a part of the NCR, which spreads a lot of propaganda about the Leigon. I think even a few are suspicious but don't really care because they're friends and family were slaughtered by NCR
NCR is just kept under a lot of strict orders. So they can't do what ever they please and are corrupt
Leigon can justify itself, or Caeser can. They're safer but women are treated like animals and prohibit drugs and alcohol
House has kept vegas safe and running, so he's a good choice too
>Keeping a factions leaders alive is stupid
Are you retarded?
>Main quest
Why wouldn't they want all the help they can get? They're fighting a war.
Do you understand that each faction is supposed to have flaws for a difficult choice or do you prefer good guy vs bad guy in 3?
>>
>>150157439
>Rifle - Colt revolver rifles
>Carbine - Marlin Model 1894 lever action (.357)
>Shotgun - Winchester model 1887
>DMR - SVD Dragunov/SKS
>LMG - FN Minimi (SAW for you CoDfags)
>SMG - MP5

I'm a sucker with shit taste, and this isn't anything approaching a weapon's family.
Sue me.
>>
>>150154064
I kinda want a modern post apoc game,

kinda like Stalker but with more scavenging and resource management, that or a real zombie apoc survival, where combat is secondary to just finding a good place to live for 7 months to winter when they freeze to death,

and real scavenging..not this convert anything into anything crap
>>
>>150157846
It's like a slutty Paz.
>>
>>150158210
>So you failed to read the dialogue where they literally tell the Courier that it was promised them they would still be allowed to have their cultures
No, I read that, Its just not believable because its such common knowledge that Caesar bullshit these things that no one should take it seriously.

They just do because
>we needed a way to shoehorn the Khans into the MQ.

> but that is what the NCR is
But thats the problem, they take it SO FAR in-game that it stop being believable, and just turns them into cartoon parodies of what they are supposed to be,

On the other hand, the BoS is made out to be racist xenophobes, and while yes, they do display those traits often, its not literally EVERY SINGLE QUEST here they go off on massive racist xenophobic rants like the NCR do with not being able to do anything themselves.

>I just don't see how any of that makes the factions "not good".
It becuase they take what would be realistic and believable traits to such idiotic extremes the entire game turns into a parody of itself to the point its impossible to care about anyone or any of the factions because they all act so stupidly.

> but they're not like that AT ALL in the game,
They really kinda are though
-They mastered FEV
-They mastered AI
-They mastered teleportation
-They have effectively controlled the Commonwealth for decades
-And they come up with, and orchistrate, a plan to take down the largestp ower o nthe east coast, and actually manage to get most of their plan done even without your help.

Compared to the NCR, Legion, our House, the Institute look fucking competent, smart, and functional by comparison.
>>
File: bestcreature.png (769KB, 951x822px) Image search: [Google]
bestcreature.png
769KB, 951x822px
>>150154064
You forgot to mention that Avellone actually liked 3.
Don't know about 4, though.
>>
>>150158260
Troika games are quite buggy, and even worse.
As in I can't launch the game without downloading from a third party unaffiliated with the company.
I don't even get stuck in the game, It just doesn't run.
>a lot of people
I can do that too - A lot of people disagree with you.
>>
>>150157846
that's redundant
>>
File: 377160_20160727110922_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160727110922_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>150158613
Who?
>>
>>150158260
>Keeping a factions leaders alive is stupid
That's not what I said at all, are you dyslexic?
>>
>>150158771
lol
more nudes when
>>
>>150158771
That doesn't look like very good Radscorpian defense.
>>
>>150158752
what is redundant?
>>
>>150158771
Should make the waist a bit thicker.
Well, unless you're 286C.
>>
>>150158260
>Do you understand that each faction is supposed to have flaws for a difficult choice
Except its not a difficult choice because all of them are such cartoon parodies its impossible to take any of them seriously.
>>
>>150158882
you kidding? that thing could make a feral go back to sleep it's so ugly.
>>
>>150158681
>Caesers bad because I don't like him!
>NCR isn't corrupt because I say so!
>BoS (Fallout 4) is a good faction despite being able to sum them up in a few words
>Institute is smart even thought they didn't do anything that didn't already happen or was done better!
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say your shitposting
>>
>>150158260
>3
>good guy vs bad guy

this is the worst meme
>>
>>150158903
Slutty Paz... she cant get sluttier
>>
File: Paz.jpg (83KB, 700x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Paz.jpg
83KB, 700x1300px
>>150158771
Paz from MGS: Peace Walker.
>>
File: 377160_20160727112346_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160727112346_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150158771
>>
>>150158743
That's because they weren't given time.
>A lot of people disagree with me
So what? Don't be such a baby.
>>150158962
(You)
>>
>>150158979
>Caesers bad because I don't like him!
>NCR isn't corrupt because I say so!
>BoS (Fallout 4) is a good faction despite being able to sum them up in a few words
>Institute is smart even thought they didn't do anything that didn't already happen or was done better!
Holy straw man batman!

I literally never said or implied any of these things.

Where the flying fuck are you pulling this shit from?
>>
>>150158979
>faction is bad because you can sum them up in a few words
stop the presses, literally every faction is bad.
>>
>>150158964
But we're talking about insects. They don't have humanoid standards.
Did you know that when honeybees have sex the male gets it's literal guts pulled out? Insects are fucked up, anon
>>
>>150158998
Really? Tell me otherwise.
>>150159119
Why is Caeser Leigon bad, for a start. Without using the word cartoon.
>>
File: 377160_20160727150655_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160727150655_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150159061
I can see it
>>
will nuka world be leaked?
>>
File: CHo9FjYWgAIfjVt.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CHo9FjYWgAIfjVt.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>150158726
>>
File: paz 2.jpg (126KB, 1024x636px) Image search: [Google]
paz 2.jpg
126KB, 1024x636px
Paz was good and pure. Anyone that says otherwise is an XOF shill.

>>150159030
REEEEEE
>>
>>150159139
Yes, but the BoS in 4 doesn't really have any personality.
>>
>>150159186
and as he dies he thinks.. "Totally Worth It!"
or maybe, "I can no longer post on /vg/"
>>
>>150159112
>not given time
Kek, no. They just refused to patch their shit game to work on newer operating systems, something you'd know if you actually owned the fucking game (protip - I do.)
You'd think if they were somewhat competent developers they'd support literally their only game...
But wait.
" After being unable to secure funding for future projects, they were forced to lay off their staff in late 2004 and later close their doors on February 24, 2005."
Oh, that's right, they folded not a fucking year after.
Seems they weren't so good after all.
>>
>>150159267
Okay. As long as we can keep it civil I'll give it a shot.
3 certainly doesn't give you a choice in factions, and that's fucking retarded, but the factions themselves certainly don't boil down to black and white.
Both the BoS and the Enclave are in the middle of internal power struggles, with Autumn betraying Eden's retarded plan at the last second for an actual governmental movement and Lyons' division being split in half (you can talk to various NPCs to find the that the half that stayed with him hated his guts).

Basically it's two manbabbies in a watery slapfight and you and your ol' man are caught up in the middle of it.
>>
>>150159368
She was a total slut and Paco enjoyed raping her.
>>
>>150159186
>picking between a life of servitude to the queen or sex followed by painful death

to be a bee is to suffer
>>
>>150159501
>Laying off staff won't negatively impact a game
>Going bankrupt won't negatively impact a game
I think you're just brain dead.
>>
>>150159524
I for one welcome our new AI overlords, they can't do worse then our last overlords
>>
>>150159392
I don't even like 4's BoS, but what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>150159629
>he actually thought that Troika would've somehow not gone bankrupt if they spent even more money than they already were acquiring a title that they wouldn't be able to fund after two years.
Seriously, how does it feel being retarded?
>>
>>150159302
>implying Nuka World will add anything substantial other than adding more Nuka Cola objects, vending machines, furnitures and other Workshop stuff
>>
>>150159267
>Why is Caesar Legion bad
I never said the Legion was "bad" I said they were poorly done.

And they were because they are behind everything
-Ometras wanting to gas the strip? Legion helping them.
-Someone sabotaging the monorail? Legion agent thats been in the NCR since FOREVER!
-Town gets destroyed? Legion killed them all of petty reasons.
-Khans going to attack the NCR? Legion is pushing them to do it!
-White Gloves want to turn back into cannibals? Legion wants you to help them!
-Town gets radiation bombed? Legion was behind it
-Friends growing more aggressive toward the NCR? Legion behind it.
-Van Graffs making a move on the NCr? Legion is helping them.

I could list many more things, but every "bad" thing happening in the game is laid at the Legion's feet.

Its entirely unbelievable for them to behind every other fucking thing in the game.

Its so fucking artificial, and obviously constructed, its beyond the realm of being believable.

Fallout 4 did it much better where for most of the game you hear how The Institute is supposedly behind every bad thing to happen to the commonwealth, but then when you get to the Institute itself you find out its mostly just superstitious bullshit. Not that the Institute hasn't done horrible things, but that a lot of the things they supposedly did, they didn't, and many of the things they did do were top secret projects held by a small group of people with the rest not knowing.

The Legion isn't sympathetic or believable, they are just these bizarre masters of everything, that seem only to be as good as they are as a means to make them something of a threat to the NCR when they wouldn't be.
>>
>>150159835
It's not a 5 buck dlc, it's going to be another story one with a new area to explore and a raider faction.
>>
>>150159535
MGSV was a troll game. None of it happened.

It's why there's stuff like the Burger tapes, barcodes in water, etc. It's part of the legend of Big Boss, VR simulations, etc seen in MGS4 the same way Twin Snakes is a dramatization and interpretation of events based on "In the Darkness of Shadow Moses: The Unofficial Truth" which is a book written by an in-game character from MGS1 and a briefing file in the form of a full novel in MGS2's bonus content. The burger tapes were a nod to it.

As for the usual response to such a thing "Nuh-uh omg I'm so mad"
>>
>>150159524
But I know this already. There's no real point in faction because you can't do anything for them or do to them besides kill. I know that there was a split but you don't really see much of the side that split, and when you do, you can't talk to them. Enclave is stupid because if they decided to trust a machine for decision making, they should have checked how smart it was.
>>
I hate how they always shoehorn in super mutants but don't let our characters be one. Might as well be orcs.
>>
>>150158681
>no one should take it seriously
Why so? Khans were going to get wiped out anyway. If you talk to Papa Khan, he gives out his reasons for siding with the Legion, which is, in their case, a very rational thing to do and their best hope.

> they take it SO FAR in-game
Not at all. The NCR is corrupt and has shitty leaders, some of them even try to sabotage the NCR from the inside because they're tired of their shit, they have traitors among them and tons of corruption.
NCR is like Brazil.

So why is the NCR "not believable"?
>>
>>150159954
okay
>>
>>150159954
I'm gonna stop talking about it so much though because this is the wrong general for that. Woops.

Paz is the best though.
>>
>>150159956
But that machine was doing what the Enclave has been trying to do since FO2. And you're right about the LW not being able to interact with them. While that bugs the shit out of me, they weren't joinable in FO2 either.
The Enclave weren't very well written from the start
>you can't talk to them

Did you do the hand-in mini-quests? You can become chummy with the Outcasts once you earn their trust. Also that scribe from Broken Steel is part of a group that thinks Lyons is a giant faggot.
>>
quick question for the Thread

Name a GOOD R.P.G made in the last 3 years..
go ahead I challenge you
>>
>>150160024
I hate how theres no survived half mutated things like failed fev subjects

bethesda could have gotten more creative with their mutant design aside from adding overlords and behemoths
the only ones they had that weren't outright monstrous in appearance were those vampires in that abandoned train station
>>
>>150159934
>-Ometras wanting to gas the strip? Legion helping them.
Why wouldn't they help undermine House and the NCR?

>-Someone sabotaging the monorail? Legion agent thats been in the NCR since FOREVER!
Why wouldn't the Legion have a spy in the NCR considering that it is so easy to become a Trooper?

>-Town gets destroyed? Legion killed them all of petty reasons.
How is that an issue? That's the same as saying the Crusades were "petty reasons".

>-Khans going to attack the NCR? Legion is pushing them to do it!
It helps the Legion, Khans are tribal, etc.

>-White Gloves want to turn back into cannibals? Legion wants you to help them!
Undermines House and NCR, makes the White Glove embrace their tribal side once again and therefore it is easier to integrate them in the Legion.

>-Town gets radiation bombed? Legion was behind it
It was a NCR military camp near the Legion camp, why WOULDN'T the Legion attack it?

I mean, seriously, what is your argument? That the Legion thinks and acts against their enemies?
>>
>>150159934
>they are just these bizarre masters of everything

Masters of getting BTFO

literally at Boulder City lel
>>
>>150156901
I do, except in the center of boston where it chugs down to a crawl of sub 30

At worst it fucking drops to 4 fps and it's atrocious
>>
>>150157846
>960 on 6-8 years old hardware
>constantly dip to sub 30 when there's lots of detail and npcs around

but I don't mind, my next pc will be glorious, since i have a lot of money saved.
>>
>>150159793
A title that didn't sell too well.
>>150159934
Omertas are scarred shitless by the Leigon. You find this out personally if you do a quest for the Leigon
>Monorail
Is it really that hard to belive that someone would send a spy to try and destroy their enemy from the inside?
>Nipton
Their belief is that drugs and alcohol are for the weak and they don't tolerate weakness. The soilders there should have been taking the powder gangers in, but they didn't. Instead they got wasted
>White gloves
I'm not sure why
>Radiaton bombed
I'm pretty sure this might have been an accident. He killed himself in that blast too.
>Fiends
Why wouldn't you want help in taking down a large nation you want dead?
>Van Graffs
The Leigon has spies everywhere and the van Graffs don't like NCR and are scared by the Leigon. They have no reason not to. Did you pay attention?
>>
>>150160104
>So why is the NCR "not believable"?
Because they can never get ANYTHING done without your help

-Giant ants on the road? Nope, gotta have the courier do it.
-Some guys with equipment worse then raiders sitting in a dilapidated prison? Nope, gonna have the courier lead the assault.
-Two soldiers stuck in a cave being held by the Legion? We cant do it ourselves, send in the PC!
-Making peace with the Kings?
-Checking on the fires coming out of Nipton?
-Rescuing soldiers who are being crucified?
-Caravan plot to undermine free trade?
-spies in your main camp?
-basic fucking infantry training?
-getting supplies to their camps?
-checking on radio codes?

EVERY LITTLE THING the NCR fails at miserably unless you do it for them.

Its not believable that one group could fail so hard at life.

Fuck, the Maxson BoS makes them look pathetic
>A group of no more then 500 men
>Many of whom aren't actual soldiers
>With less resources
>manages to fuckign annihilate entire based of super mutants, raiders, gunners, feral ghouls, and other wasteland critters, all without your help

and that what makes the BoS actually believable and sympathetic despite their racism and xenophobia, they actually manages to get SOMETHING done by themselves. during the course of the game.

I literally cannot think of a single instance in New Vegas were the NCr doesn't fuck something up entirely, and needs you help to fix it.

Its just not real because of how fucking everywhere it is, they are literally a parody of themselves.
>>
>>150160492
>>150160695
I like how you are trying to refute individual instances, when I never said there was anything wrong with the individual instances themselves.

And totally ignore the actual point made
>>
>>150160695
Are you just replying to reply at this point?
Troika is a dead company who made three shitty games and went under because they couldn't find a publisher willing to push their shit.
Buying a FO title wouldn't have changed that, in fact the resources diverted to development probably would've made it faster.
>didn't sell too well
Understatement of the year.

>>150160872
I honestly think he's just arguing to argue.
>>
>>150157846
I mean I'm running it on a GTX 1070 and a 4670k @ 4.2GHz and I get those shitty framerates when in city areas.
>>
>>150160775
-Why would they waste time with ants?
-You have better equipment than the guy and should be able to take him out.
-You mean the PC that won't get attacked on sight?
-NCR doesn't really have much insolvent in you doing that. They didn't even give out the quest, you showed up.
- they don't have enough people to send there and orders say they can't
- he says you can try but he doesn't give a shit if you die
-You mean the caravan plot that you discovered?
-surely sending someone who could be a spy to check who the spy is is a good idea
-yes to soldiers nobody wants to bother with
-Wow what an important job. They should have had a full squad on this one
-Again, they do t want to waste so much time doing it
>>
>>150160775
Short-staffed, orders, etc.
The Courier doesn't even need to help in the assault, he can just sit back and let the NCR soldiers do their job.
Orders.
Courier is a neutral person.
Orders, short-staffed.
Orders.
Orders.
Orders, ineffective troopers, etc.
NCR is ineffective.
Orders, short staffed, etc.
Orders, short staffed, etc.

Seriously, did you even play the game? Because it seems you didn't.

>A group of no more then 500 men
>Many of whom aren't actual soldiers
>With less resources
>manages to fuckign annihilate entire based of super mutants, raiders, gunners, feral ghouls, and other wasteland critters, all without your help

Oh... and THAT is believable? Now, the NCR, a corrupt bureaucratic government, being shit is not believable, but a group of no more than 500 men who aren't soldiers with less resources that "manages to fuckign annihilate entire based of super mutants, raiders, gunners, feral ghouls, and other wasteland critters, all without your help" is believable?

Jesus Christ, you're so obviously biased towards Fallout 4 that it is moot to try and argue with you.
Seriously, you're saying that an incompetent government isn't believable when we actually have real life examples of that, but that the BoS is?

I don't usually call people that, but you're an obvious Bethesda fanboy, my man.
>>
>>150160775
Most of the NCR's achievements in the Mojave were done before the game starts, like kicking the Lesion and BoS asses. All the factions are sort of in a holding pattern getting ready for Hoover Dam II.

NCR in particular is stretched thin everywhere else to have as much as possible up at the dam.
>>
>>150161461
Not him, but I can see GIANT MUTANT ACID-SPITTING FIRE ANTS THAT MULTIPLY LIKE CRAZY becoming a problem.
>>
>>150161121
not him, but how much RAM and VRAM you got?
>>
>>150161546
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 and since I'm on 1070, 8GB of VRAM
>>
>>150161469
ain't even that dude, but don't resort to /v/-tier bethesda vs obsidian
just call him a fucking moron and move on
>>
>>150160927
> wow a game that didn't sell to well negatively impacted a poor company
I'll ask again, are you retarded?
>>150160872
You just said what you thought was wrong with NV and I corrected you. Maybe stop being such a faggot. And maxon is a shit character. He blows up a base full of technology for no reason and hates synths because they're "eviiillll oooooo"
>>
>>150161538
They were already there in the desert next to it. They just didn't want it blocking the road.
>>
>>150161469
>>150161461
Again, your totally ignoring the actual point made.

You can just say
>WELL ORDERS PREVENTED THEM!

Which only proves my point ,there is this illogical systemic idiotic through every single little thing the NCR does that they stp being a realistic portrayal of a bloated corrupt government, and just become a parody of it.

Nothing that that systemic in real life.

And the fact they made it so in-game only makes it entirely unreal and unbelievable.

Basically, your arguing at this point that literally EVERYTHING bad that happened to the allied powers during WW2 was Nazi Germany's fault, and that it would be perfectly all right for a game to suggest this, as it does with the Legion.
>>
>>150161596
game is badly optimized, your g-settings might be too high.
>>
File: 1459754381535.png (80KB, 421x423px) Image search: [Google]
1459754381535.png
80KB, 421x423px
Hi everyone

I'm looking to do a replay of NV but I'm not sure what mods I want to install

I've been to the pastebin thing and installed a bunch via nexus mod manager but they keep fucking each other over and making it impossible to actually play the game

What are a few mods that will vastly improve my playing experience without interacting with one another and ruining everything?

Thanks for your advice, there are just so many suggestions on the pastebin that it's really hard to pick
>>
>>150161701
Are you retarded? Because you seem to be under the impression Troika had the money to develop another FO game in the first place up here, which is your entire fucking argument.
>Actually, troika, a team of ex interplay employes would have bought it, so no.
>Troika buys FO
>develops a half ass alpha
>goes bankrupt sooner than the beginning of 2005
>FO gathers dust until Bethesda buys it
>FO3, NV, FO4 happen anyway, but at a later date

Oh look, absolutely nothing changed.
>>
>>150161701
>You just said what you thought was wrong with NV and I corrected you
Actually, you totally ignored the point made to argue individual events that I never said I found were wrong.

You corrected nothing at all because I didn't disagree with you on any of the points you responded to.
>>
>>150161927
The only thing that genuinely saves my FPS is reducing shadow distance to the bare minimum, which makes the game look like the trash it sadly is.
>>
>>150161902
I think that's the point. The soilders there aren't even that well trained. So it would have been a bad idea. They can't handle it.
>Comparing Leigon to nazis
Because they're both evil according to you, right?
>>
>>150161997
why is Wasteland 2 so mediocre
>>
>>150162131
because you're too young to feel nostalgia when you play it.
that's literally it. It doesn't have much going for it other than being a post-apoc RPG, which is a hell of a niche.
>>
>>150161997
They had enough to buy it. I don't know when the bidding started or ended so I don't know how much money they had you butthurt faggot. You would have been able to be a whiny faggot talking to me because the games wouldn't have existed.
>>
>>150161701
> He blows up a base full of technology for no reason
Actually he blows it up becuase he has no ability to hold it due to his limited number of men, and as any military officer can tell you, if you can't take an enemies base, its better to destroy it then give them the chance to retake it for themselves.

Not to mention the fact that all the shit in there was thigns the BoS doesn't care about, or destroys anyways
1. FEV - BoS hates it
2. Farming shit - BoS has never cared about farming tech
3. Synths - BoS hates them
4. Laser weaponry - Already have tons of it
5. Nuclear reactor - they have no ability to dig out
6. Teleporter - requires too much power to operate and has a limited distance that makes it ineffective for large scale operations
>>
>>150161902
Your point is supported by your retarded argumentation, mate. It is not ignoring the point, it is refuting the argumentation.

>Which only proves my point
Except it doesn't, it really, really doesn't.
In fact, it disproves your point.

Do you really think that soldiers would go against their orders and face prison just to do some odd jobs? They wouldn't.

>stp being a realistic portrayal of a bloated corrupt government
Nope, it is actually a realistic portrayal of a bloated corrupt government. I would know, I live in a country with one. Our soldiers are as useless as the NCR soldiers, our leaders are as corrupt as the NCR leaders and only undermines everything with shitty orders.

You know South America? Well, yeah, look at South America. NCR is at THAT level of corruption and inefficacy.

Also,
>Basically, your arguing at this point that literally EVERYTHING bad that happened to the allied powers during WW2 was Nazi Germany's fault, and that it would be perfectly all right for a game to suggest this, as it does with the Legion.
Holy strawman, Batman.
>>
>>150162205
I'm 35 lol

I get nostalgic for Kings Quest games,
>>
>>150162278
>they had enough to buy it
That's not the fucking argument, dipshit.
The argument is that they didn't have enough to prevent bankruptcy without buying it you thick skulled faggot.
Are you honestly under the impression that spending -more- money on a title that wouldn't have immediate profit returns would somehow save them from Bankruptcy?
>>
>>150162005
How so?
>>150162205
>Every game everyone likes but me they like because nostalgia
I could say that you only like games because they're new. Neither argument holds any weight
>>
>>150161954
PN - Core
JSawyer
NV Extended Map Markers
Shiloh DS Color Maps and Icons
DarnifiedUINV
Readius, if ur a boss
>>
>>150162390
>Do you really think that soldiers would go against their orders and face prison just to do some odd jobs? They wouldn't.
That wasn't the point being made either.

you really are bad at this aren't you?
>>
>>150162441
>ask for opinion
>get butthurt when it's given
Why even ask in the first place?
>>
>>150162331
>Synths
So they're going to throw away technology they don't have for no reason because they don't like synths for no reason?
>Nuclear reactor
What about liberty prime?
>Teleporter
That shits fucking useful. That shit would probably be the most useful thing they ever came across other than power armor and LB and they blow it up?>>150162429
That wasn't the argument in the first place. I don't know but the game probably would have been better than what came out, which is what this was originally about.
>>
>>150162441
>How so?
Because I don't disagree with anything you said, on an individual level, all of those things are justifiable by themselves.

Again, the point was that when you take it all in TOGETHER it paints an unrealistic picture.

Again, see my example about the Legion, every individual thing the Legion does that I talked about makes sense, but when taken all together you are left with a game were
QUITE
LITERALLY
Every leaky pipe, every broken toilet, every time someone sneezes, every time a fart smells overly bad, its the Legion's fault.

New Vegas portrays itself as this weird bizarre cartoon world were one group and be behind literally everything bad that happens ever.

And thats just not how the real world operates.

Fallout 4 did it a lot better when you get the idea that The Institute is behind everything, but once you get to to The Institute you actually find it all the stuff was due to a variety of factors ranging from deliberate attacks, to miscommunication, to outright paranoia on the part of the wasteladers.

In NV, the Legion is JUST behind everything, ever, its ALL their fault, period.

In Fallout 4, The Institute is said to be behind everything, but when it turns out they aren't as hey logically couldn't be.
>>
>>150162487
The point being made was that the NCR is too dumb, therefore unrealistic and unbelievable, therefore a bad faction.

Do you understand how "points" are made? You need arguments to support the point.
You say "soldiers should go against their orders and do odd jobs!", so I say that "soldiers shouldn't go against their orders because they would face prison and punishment, and no soldier is going to risk that to go kill ants and when you're on the brink of a war and short-staffed".

So this disproves your argument in favour of your point, which is the NCR being unbelievable because they're dumb because they don't do anything.

>get disproved constantly
>LOL DUDE THAT WASN'T MY POINT AT ALL!
>>
>>150162391
hey man whatever floats your boat.
I know that I only play WL because it's the thing that started me getting more into post-apoc settings and away from high fantasy.
shame about the D&D group, we stopped meshing after that.

>>150162805
> I don't know
So you're literally arguing to argue at this point.
Thanks for playing, fucking retard.
>>
>>150162869
>In NV, the Legion is JUST behind everything, ever, its ALL their fault, period.
Except it isn't. Literally, it isn't.

The Legion acts against the NCR? Yeah, sure. Why, I wonder? Maybe because they're in war and want to sabotage the NCR? Geez, if only...
>>
>>150159956
Still there, anon? Or did you get drowned out by the shitposts?
>>
>>150162805
>So they're going to throw away technology they don't have for no reason because they don't like synths for no reason?
Except they have every reason to dislike synths
1. The Calculator
2. John Henry Eden
both have shown the BoS the dangers of machine intelligence, and both got close to killing all human life on the planet. synths are far more dangerous because they are mobile, and can look like any person.

Their hate is entirely justified by previous experiences.

>What about liberty prime?
did you forget the part where you have to get Lbiery Prime working to assault The Insittue? Did you miss the part where the Institues reactor was bigger then Prime's body?

WHAT ABOUT Liberty Prime is the question I want to know.

>That shits fucking useful. That shit would probably be the most useful thing they ever came across other than power armor and LB and they blow it up?
Except its not useful, they can't replicate it, they can't move it, it takes so much power to operate not even The Institute's nuclear reactor could power it until they got pre-war tech to super charge it, and its distance is limited to the Commonwealth meaning it loses its usefulness the moment they have finished securing it and move onto the next wasteland.
>>
>>150162909
>The point being made was that the NCR is too dumb, therefore unrealistic and unbelievable, therefore a bad faction.

Yes, and you have yet to disprove that

>get disproved constantly
Except you haven't, you have argued literally everything I said but the actual point I made

>
You say "soldiers should go against their orders and do odd jobs!", so I say that "soldiers shouldn't go against their orders because they would face prison and punishment, and no soldier is going to risk that to go kill ants and when you're on the brink of a war and short-staffed".
This shit right here is the perfect example.
>>
>>150163150
Not him, but
>they can't replicate it

Why not? The BoS studies technology to use them for their own purposes.
That is basically the whole point of their faction.

If they kept the lab, they could replicate it. And it makes no sense for the BoS to not keep the lab and not be able to replicate it.
>>
>>150162869
The Leigon has spies everywhere. They disguise as NCR gamblers and try to turn them against their enemies. I don't see why this is hard to belive because Houses and NCRs eyes aren't as watchful as you think. Securitrons can't even get in without permission so he can't see what's up and NCR can't because they're spread thin.
Leigon isn't really behind all problems. Just most of the main quest and wher it makes sense for them to be.
The institute replaces leaders and random people. It's the other way around. 4 even looks cartoony. The institute couldn't even get A.I.right just on accident.
>>
>>150163145
I'm here.
>>150163150
Henery Eden blew up their enemies base. They should be thankful
>>
>>150163284
>Why not? The BoS studies technology to use them for their own purposes.
>That is basically the whole point of their faction.
No, the point of the BoS is that they horde pre-war technology, and never MAKE anything of their own

This had been the fundamental crux of their faction since Fallout 1, and is part of the reason the BoS is doing so poorly on the west coast.

They make a fiarly big point of it in NV, and in Fallout 4, all we see them do is use pre-war tech, rebuild pre-war tech, and destroy all post-war tech, as is fitting with Fallout 1, 2, 3, NV, and 4.
>>
>>150163461
>Henery Eden blew up their enemies base. They should be thankful
thats 100% optional, you can get out of Raven Rock without getting Eden to blow it up, and its stated in Broken Steel that the BoS used Liberty Prime to blow it up while you were knocked out.
>>
Todd isn't a bad guy. Pete Hines holds him back and bullies him just like back in high school. Todd could make masterpieces if Pete was out of the picture.
>>
>>150163482
That's wrong. They were always inventing stuff. Vree invented a new laser pistol and told you to go check it out. In NV, a random scribe will occasionally say " I should invent a door that moves when you get close" or something like that.
>>
>>150163269
Are you just shitposting or something?

The NCR troopers don't do shit because they have strict orders from the high-ups and are short-staffed, therefore your entire argumentation line about "WHY DON'T THE NCR DO THIS AND THAT?!?!" is disproved by this fact. They have a reason not to do odd jobs.

>but the actual point I made
Well, I just did. The NCR is not unbelievable. They are a believable corrupt government for all the reasons stated, reasons that disprove your arguments and your point.
The thing is that you're unable to grasp the concept of a short-staffed army with orders to HOLD their bases IN A WARZONE is following the orders.
>>
>>150163320
> I don't see why this is hard to belive
It's not, and I never claimed it was

Again, its now what they do thats not believable, it the degree to which they do it.
>>
>>150163637
>Are you just shitposting or something?
Are you?

>The NCR troopers don't do shit because they have strict orders from the high-ups and are short-staffed
I never once claimed otherwise

>odd jobs.
>training your own troops
>rescuing your own soldiers
>checking for spies in your own base
>making sure your own radio equipment works
>odd jobs
wow, how fucking backwards can you get
>>
>>150162805
>no reason
Okay, have you actually played the game?
>Liberty Prime
Only plot hole imo, because that would be a further strain on logistics than the Prydwyn already is (they're stretched the fuck to the edge there, no actual hard supply routes)

>shits fucking useful
A lot of things you blow up could be really fucking useful, it's just that the overall usefulness is kind of up in the air.
Would the Institute make a -great- BoS outpost in the CW? Yep.
Does the BoS have the manpower in the commonwealth to maintain it, get back to the Capital Wasteland, and keep the Newstitute supplied? Probably not, it would be a large scale project over a period of multiple years - something the BoS does not want to do.

>>150163284
>Why not?
BoS doesn't replicate tech, that's the Enclave and Institute's schtick.
BoS are military survivors that didn't get into the Enclave, and as such began scavenging and hoarding pre-war tech for their own use (eventually expanding to taking it from other wastelanders as it became more and more obvious that the ability to actually take care of them was beyond most)
Literally one of the first times you've heard the BoS actually building something from scratch instead of using pre-war shit they found is the Prydwyn, and iirc, it's just a restored Pre-War airship, on the same level as Liberty Prime, and the citadel.

>>150163625
>inventing a new laser pistol or door suddenly means they can replicate any tech they find
literally what. Lasers were common pre-war weapons (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Lasers ring a bell?) It's kind of a given that some sort of operating/ownership manual/blueprints could have survived for them, in fact it's almost a given.
I'm almost certain that you won't find an owner's manual for a massive nuclear generator.
>>
>>150163637
>The thing is that you're unable to grasp the concept of a short-staffed army with orders to HOLD their bases IN A WARZONE is following the orders.
I perfectly understand that, again, that was never the point being made.

see
>>150163653
>>
>>150163653
>It's not, and I never claimed it was

Except you did:
>It becuase they take what would be realistic and believable traits to such idiotic extremes the entire game turns into a parody of itself to the point its impossible to care about anyone or any of the factions because they all act so stupidly.

>-The Legion is literally the mustache twirling villains behind everything that the NPCs of Fallout 4 make The Institute out to be, without the revelation that most of its was actually superstition that makes such a plot believable.

You ARE just shitposting, right?
>>
File: 1449761175476.gif (1MB, 386x286px) Image search: [Google]
1449761175476.gif
1MB, 386x286px
>>150163595
This
>>
>>150160775
>a group of no more than 500 men

Oh fuck. It's that autistic headcanon retard that was shitflinging here a few weeks ago because everybody kept making him out to be an idiot. Don't even waste your time replying.
>>
>>150163951
>Except you did:
Except, again, thats not the point of the things you quoted.
>>
>>150163150
NOW HOL THE FUCK UP, SON

>The Calculator

The East Coast literally has no idea it exists. Only the Midwest sect does and they're a rogue splinter group. In fact they just replaced the Calculator with their general and stole the entire robot army. This is because the Midwest guys aren't idiots.
>>
>>150163789
And here we go again.
>training your own troops
The Misfits were four fuck-ups.

>rescuing your own soldiers
Short-staffed, orders to hold.

>checking for spies in your own base
See above.

>making sure your own radio equipment works
See above.

>I never once claimed otherwise
You literally did. Your whole argument was about how the NCR didn't do this or that.

Fuck off, shitposter.
>>
>>150164134
>In fact they just replaced the Calculator with their general and stole the entire robot army.
Lol no, there is a 99% chance that the "Destroy the Calculator" ending will be made canon.

Every other ending makes them MWBoS too powerful, and Caesar doesn't mention a massive robot army on his eastern borders near Denver.

>The East Coast literally has no idea it exists
Part of Lyons mission was to make contact with the MWBoS and bring them back under lost hills command, the fact that Lyons knows they still exist, when no one did previously, shows they did make contact, and would likely know what the MwBoS has been up to.
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 640x914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 640x914px
>>150163554
It's never been confirmed if it's canon or not so neither of us can really say anything. Maybe the lone wander got the code to blow it up but it's not like they really killed each other before that.
>>150163892
The point is that they were inventing new things. You can't say it doesn't count because you don't like it.
>>150163905
But I did reply to your points and you keep repeating yourself like a broken record.
>>150164134
This too. they're on the east cost so how could they know?
>>
>>150164134

>East Coast has no idea
>Midwest is a rogue splinter group

lol
>>
>>150164282
>But I did reply to your points and you keep repeating yourself like a broken record.
No you didn't, you responded to individual examples I had no problems with on their own, and ignored the actual point of how the systematic stupidity of the NCR's orders stop being believable when its literally EVERY single quest.
>>
>>150164293
Did they splinter before or after fallout 2?
>>
>>150164282
Don't waste your time responding to him. He's an autistic headcanon warrior that's just here to shitfling about his superior headcanon.
>>
>>150164392
See>>150161461
>>150160695
>>
>>150164506
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>150164282
>inventing new things
>improving on existing ones
Pick one.
>doors that open when you get close
Vault-tec did that 200 years ago (See Vault 101), so it's not an invention either.
>you can't say it doesn't count because you don't like it

verb (used with object)
to originate or create as a product of one's own ingenuity, experimentation, or contrivance:
to invent the telegraph.
to produce or create with the imagination:
to invent a story.
to make up or fabricate (something fictitious or false):
to invent excuses.

You're the only one inventing things here, and yours is the second and third.
Unless Vree invented the laser pistol is what you're saying?
>>
File: smiling.jpg (36KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
smiling.jpg
36KB, 700x525px
>>150164048
>gets btfo
>has no argument
>NOT MUH POINT
>"I NEVER SAID THAT!"
>show him his own posts
>"NOT MUH POINT"
>can't even remember his own posts
>backtracks constantly
>backtracks again
>BACKTRACKS AGAIN
>NOT MUH POINT

Okay, happy shitpostin', partner.
>>
File: 1464766655621.jpg (11KB, 410x397px) Image search: [Google]
1464766655621.jpg
11KB, 410x397px
So anons I'm having a problem. After a few hours of playing Fo4 it CTD for no reason. No errors, no Fo4.exe has stopped working, just a takes me to the desktop.

I check with LOOT to see if there were any mods that were conflicting that could cause it but nothing turned up.
>>
>>150164438

FOT is set between FO1 and FO2
>>
>>150164539
Again, that has NOTHING to do with the point being made.

How fucking illiterate are you?
>>
>>150164664
He's 100% arguing to argue anon, just tell him Troika would've gone bankrupt anyway and he'll stop responding.
worked for me.
>>
>>150164543
See
>>150163981

He spent 6 hours a few weeks ago arguing with half the goddamn general, trying to pass off a bunch of his headcanon as being actual canon because it was "better" or some bullshit. Just ignore the idiot.
>>
>>150164506
Thanks m8. Any build recommendations for fo1?
>>150164590
She said she invented a new one. The same way someone might invent a vacuum cleaner or something.
>Doors
They don't have those kinds of doors. I don't even remember if he said invent. I'm just going off the top oh my head.
>>
>>150164276
Maybe. But the MWBoS came off as some really hard motherfuckers that wanted as much power as they could get, so them taking over would make sense.

>>150164293
MW guys got shot down during a storm and every other chapter considered them dead. I doubt they would make much contact with Elder "Girlyboat" Lyons when their main method of getting civilians to leave them alone is to pump them full of 5MM. Limited to no contact makes them a splinter.
>>
>>150164664
Your entire point is based on those individual instances by saying they're not believable. So some anons came and gave you reasons why they are believable. This rendered your point moot.
It is okay if you dislike NV and like Fallout 4, just don't be a retard about it.
>>
>>150164759
>she said she invented a new one
So where is it? What does it do to differentiate it from previous Laser Pistols? An invention is something completely new, so if it's just a modified Wattz brand, she didn't invent shit.
>I don't even remember
So why bring it up? Your correct answers are a google search away, or you could try actually playing the games before you argue.
>>
>>150163461
>I'm here

I'm happy you're here and I think we should grab some beer and wings together.
>>
>>150164664
You didn't have much of a point. You pointed out things you found illogical about the game and I responded
>>150164727
Not really. I stop responding because the whole thing was going in circles.
>>
>>150164759
>Any build recommendations for fo1?
If you haven't done it before, go for a high-perception, high agility SuperStimpack assassin build.
>>
>>150164772

FOT is set 80 years before FO3, 90 years before FO4
>>
>>150164597
At this point the only way I think I can describe what I mean is just painfully spelling it out for you.

You know how the Legion is behind the Omertas wanting to gas the strip?

And how they are behind the Van Graffs wanting to attack the NCR?

And how they are behind the Khans? and the fiends?

How about they aren't?

How abut a game where the Omertas are going to gas the strip simply because THEY want to take it over?

How about the Khans and Fiends attack the NCR simply because THEY hate them?

How about the Van Graffs simply want to attack the NCR because they have a long beef with them and see the NCR's attack on Hoover Dam as a means to strike at them while their guard is down?

How about we make a game were factions do things for their own reasons, instead of trying to shoehorn everything together into one giant Machiavellian scheme by the Legion that seems more like it should be something from a Scooby Doo episode, or a plan from the Legion of Doom from the old Sueprfriends TV show?

You know, something thats actually more fitting of what happens during a war.
>>
>>150164876
No, his point was that those individual instances were believable individually, it was when you put them all together that it suddenly became apparent exactly how much of a pile of shit the entire scenario is.

>>150164909
>going in circles
Literally you sticking your head in the ground and screaming denial that something could've saved troika from bankruptcy? I thought it was just one-sided is all.
>>
>>150164883
You never get it because it's experimental
>I don't remember
I said I don't remember exactly
>>150164904
That sounds nice, friend.
>>
File: 1419290610974.png (249KB, 428x660px) Image search: [Google]
1419290610974.png
249KB, 428x660px
>>150164953
Oh God. That means there will never be a sequel, and if there is it'll force in the shitty 50's Bethesda themes and turn everybody in the BoS into a drooling retard
>>
>>150164883
Not him, but the Scribes in New Vegas are researching night vision and one shows interest in inventing "a door that opens when you get near it".
>>
>>150164753
>He spent 6 hours a few weeks ago arguing with half the goddamn general, trying to pass off a bunch of his headcanon as being actual canon because it was "better" or some bullshit. Just ignore the idiot.
I am the guy who made that comment too, and the guy who asked the question, and I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>150165014
>something thats actually more fitting of what happens during a war.

>What is a proxy war?
>What is asymmetrical warfare?
>What is taking advantage of internal strife?

Are you for real?

Going to listen to
>>150163981
You're clearly retarded.
>>
>>150165045
>you never get it
So you're going off baseless assumptions.
>don't remember
so why bring it up before actually confirming it?
Like, are you mentally deficient?

>>150165092
>inventing something that Vault Tec had 200 years earlier (see vault 101)
>night vision
Both are already present in game, it's not possible to invent something that has already been invented.
>>
>>150165015
I said they could've made a better game then Bethesda. Then your autism flared and the argument went of track.
>>150165014
See>>150160695
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-07-31 00-15-50-74.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-07-31 00-15-50-74.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150164609
You should know the drill by now, anon.

- What did you install recently?
- How many .esps are you running?
- What's your average save size?
>>
>>150165045
That's good.
So did my points make any sense or are you just too caught up in another debacle?
Like I said, as long as we can keep things civil, I'm glad to try to explain anything, be it opinion or fact.
>>
>>150165068
>and turn everybody in the BoS into a drooling retard
>implying they haven't been that way from the start
>>
>>150165164
>I said they could have
>could have
>could
>have
But they didn't.
And they ran out of money before they even tried.
>NV has anything to do with Troika
Nice deflection, autismo.
>>
>>150165015
>No, his point was that those individual instances were believable individually, it was when you put them all together that it suddenly became apparent exactly how much of a pile of shit the entire scenario is.

Except those individual instances make more sense when put together. Because a short-staffed army in a warzone has reasons to follow orders to hold their bases when their enemies could attack any time.

So, you see, his point got disproved.
>>
>>150165150
>Are you for real?
Again, you totally ignore the point

>>150165015
>No, his point was that those individual instances were believable individually, it was when you put them all together that it suddenly became apparent exactly how much of a pile of shit the entire scenario is.
fucking thank you

Apparently someone has half a brain.
>>
>>150165158
NPCs will tell you it's hot outside but you won't feel it. As an example. Neither of us will know since we won't get it.
>>
Who else feels that Fallout needs to be rebooted?
>>
>>150165158
>it's not possible to invent something that has already been invented.
Yes, it is.

Automatic doors are not in the game, as far I as remember. I don't remember any door opening as I walked by. All doors need to be activated in order to open.

Maybe the BoS doesn't know about night-vision or can't get their hands in one. So they are researching it.
>>
>>150165262
Not him but having a short staffed army on hold does not mean everyone stops doing even the most basic of base defense and upkeep as the NCR does in-game.

Being put on hold does not mean literally every single solider just stops doing anything.
>>
>>150165249
Which argument was yours? I'd like to be civil.
>>150165254
They did try though. And they did have the money otherwise they wouldn't have bet. You got upset the moment I talked shit about Bethesda. Maybe you should calm down before you go somewhere where you have to hear someone else's opinions.
>>
File: 1454534032602.jpg (21KB, 200x304px) Image search: [Google]
1454534032602.jpg
21KB, 200x304px
>they expect you to build a full vault
>give you maybe 2k steel after you scrap everything

?????
>>
File: fall.jpg (222KB, 1376x821px) Image search: [Google]
fall.jpg
222KB, 1376x821px
I'm using NMC texture pack and I'm getting this weird xray effect

How do I fix it?
>>
>>150165068

Interestingly, both Fallout Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel are set between FO1 and FO2

Interplay was a lot more interested in doing prequels and midquels than Bethesda, for good or for ill
>>
>>150165264
>it's unbelievable that a military organization would attempt to support as many schemes within a fractured enemy territory as they can, so as to lessen the technological and material advantages that the enemy has.

The fact that you're padding out your laundry list of issues with made up shit really just helps to make you look more and more like an idiot. There are plenty of factions and schemes that have nothing to do with the Legion. However, since you cannot stand to be wrong, this is clearly a waste of time.
>>
>>150165640
> with made up shit
Nothing I said was made up.
>>
>>150165253
How do we save the BoS
>>
>>150165696
Killing NCR
>>
>>150165505
>Being put on hold does not mean literally every single solider just stops doing anything.
It means that troopers shouldn't chase after enemies, shouldn't jeopardise themselves by trying to rescue other troopers, shouldn't leave their base to go deliver codes when they would be easily recognisable by their enemies and would leave a breach in their station by leaving it understaffed, etc, etc.

So yes, it makes sense for the NCR to sit on their asses.
>>
>>150165696
By letting them recruit outsiders, and not violently try to take away technology from people not misusing it.

Basically, let them do what the MwBoS and Maxson BoS do
>>
WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS
>>
>>150165572
The bigger issue is the lack of fucking rubber
>>
>>150165614
I actually really like that idea. Creates a more coherent universe where many things can happen at once instead of some fag every 60 years becoming the chosen one
>>
>>150165249
>>150165557
Anon? Are you still there?
>>
>>150165262
>follow orders
so... Where are those orders in game?
>>150165285
Literally what.
Heat is easily inferred.
The sun gives off heat, if you didn't know.
During the day, that heat reaches the earth, if you didn't know.
As such, logic follows that during the day, someone might tell you it is hot.
As such, (if I'm following your odd logic correctly) it is not baseless for someone to tell you it is hot, nor is it an assumption.
Did I miss something? That's a confusing point to make.

>>150165463
>yes, it is
Fair enough I guess, Re-invention shouldn't even be a separate term with the meaning you're looking for.

>Automatic doors are not in the game
>therefor they do not exist
South America isn't in the game, does it exist?
Fat people?

>maybe the BoS doesn't know about night vision
Weren't all PA helmets supposed to have night vision standard?

>>150165557
>turning it into a company war
They ran out of money without buying the title to FO, they would've ran out of money if they had bought the title to FO, deny it all you want, but it's as good as me going "WELL I COULD HAVE BEEN A MULTIMILLIONAIRE".
It doesn't make it true, or even realistic, it just makes me seem like a fucking retard. (like you)
>>
>>150165790
And yet the NCR
-Launches major military operations against the Powder Gangers at the NCRCF
-An even larger operation against the Legion at Nelson(ironically not recursing their crucified men who are literally right in the middle of town after they take it over)
-And move many troops and supplies to Bitter Springs to reinforce that position

all in the name of protecting their interests, and yet dont do many equal things for no other reason "because inconsistent writing"
>>
>>150165614
>>150165878
Maybe they should just retcoon BoS and tactics and make a prequel
>>
>>150165821
Because the Institute is actually autistic and doesn't know how to deal with things aside from just throwing them in the trash and hoping for the best
>>
>>150165993
BoS has already been declared 100% non-canon by both Bethesda and Obsidian.

Tactics is considered canon at its highest level events, aka, whatever the Devs want at any given time.
>>
>>150165821
they were drawn by tales of an ancient ork shrine, the green monster
>>
>>150165695
>You know how the Legion is behind the Omertas wanting to gas the strip?

They aren't. They offered support. The Omertas just want to take control of The Strip and make it their own.

>And how they are behind the Van Graffs wanting to attack the NCR?

Literally bullshit. The Van Graffs have been fighting the NCR for years, and were preparing to attack them long before the Legion had any involvement.

>and the fiends?
Literally bullshit. They provide intel to them, nothing more.

>How abut a game where the Omertas are going to gas the strip simply because THEY want to take it over?

That's literally what the Omertas were originally doing. The Legion offered support.

>How about the Khans and Fiends attack the NCR simply because THEY hate them?

That's literally why they attack the NCR.

>How about the Van Graffs simply want to attack the NCR because they have a long beef with them and see the NCR's attack on Hoover Dam as a means to strike at them while their guard is down?

Ignoring the fact that the Van Graffs are playing the Legion for profit, this is literally explained in-game.

They are attacking NCR caravans with no legion involvement to increase profits, but lack the capability to attack the NCR directly.

You padded all of this out with bullshit, when the fact is, you're wrong on pretty much every count. I'm not going to begin on the Khans because their situation almost manages to demonstrate your flawed point.
>>
>>150165967
I know it's an odd example but I meant it as "NPCs will tell you about it but you can't experience it". It sounded better in my head.
>Troika
They didn't run out of money before that. Bethesda outbid them.
>>
>>150165967
>so... Where are those orders in game?
Lots of NCR NPCs talk about them.

>South America isn't in the game, does it exist?
>Fat people?
Now you're just playing stupid. Please stop trying to make an argument when you have none. It is really, really retarded. Automatic doors don't exist in Fallout and were never shown to exist. The all have buttons to open them for a reason.

>Weren't all PA helmets supposed to have night vision standard?
No.
>>
>>150166173
>they aren't
>proceeds to show how they are intact behind it
>>
>>150166239
>supporting an operation is the same as kicking it off

"No."
>>
>>150166093
>>150165993
DESU, I think Bethesda likes having Tactics around because it gives them an excuse to not have to go to the Midwest themselves, and creates a sort of "Here there be MWBoS" buffer between them and the west coast both companies can use as a bullshit excuse as to why their factions never meet.
>>
>>150166173
>tearing an argument apart this hard
>>
So that random encounter where that guy is fighting with a synth copy of himself

Did this random guy escape from the Institute?

Since the whole synth replacement stuff relies on first kidnapping people and getting information from them to have a proper synth replacement, not to mention DNA sample to whip up the synth copy

Right?
>>
>>150166354
Why not just split the entire country then? Half obsidian/other developer half Bethesda. They're going to have to meet eventually.
>>
File: face2.png (67KB, 177x196px) Image search: [Google]
face2.png
67KB, 177x196px
>>150166465
>institute
>synths
>internal consistency and logic
>>
>>150166465
>not to mention DNA sample to whip up the synth copy
they dont use the person's DNA to make a synth double.

synths are made via FEV which needs pure human DNA to function. synths are just molded into a copy of that person.

>Since the whole synth replacement stuff relies on first kidnapping people and getting information from them to have a proper synth replacement
Not in all cases, in cases were a person is going to be around people who know them, sure, but if they needed to send synth Art to some random settlement were no one knows him, they wouldn't need to do it
>>
>>150166436
>Arguing in an argument is bad
Ok
>>
>>150166354
I like having Tactics around because it was like post apoc Xcom and I could shit on people in multi with it.

Sequel when?
>>
>>150165983
>-Launches major military operations against the Powder Gangers at the NCRCF
It was quite a minor one and they had their orders. Literally why they were camped near the NCRCF was because their orders were to recon and take the prison.

>-An even larger operation against the Legion at Nelson
Not really, it is also a minor operation.
And this only happens after you help around Hope doing things troopers couldn't. There is even a conversation about how Hope is doing well and now they can finally retake Nelson.

>-And move many troops and supplies to Bitter Springs to reinforce that position
Yes, after you help around the camps so they CAN send soldiers. Like helping Hope, McCarran, Golf, so they can spare troopers for Bitter Springs.

You do realise you have no arguments, right? That all your "arguments" were based on your not paying attention to the game, right?
>>
File: 1465396468568.jpg (52KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1465396468568.jpg
52KB, 719x719px
>>150165584
anyone?

I uninstalled all other mods
pls respond
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 720x1083px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 720x1083px
Well nice talking with you anons. I'm going to bed
>>
>>150166484
>Why not just split the entire country then?
They basically did.

In an interview after New Vegas came out Avellone said Bethesda basically gave them the entire western United States to do whatever they wanted with since they had no intention of going there themselves.

And we can see this is ture in NEw Vegas were they mention
-California
-Nevada
-Arizona
-New Mexico
-Colorado
-Utah
-Wyoming
-Idaho
-Montana
-Oregon

The only state of the Western US not mention in some way was Washington.

Both Bethesda and Obsidian have said Beth are east coast people, and Obsidian are west coast people, and they are both fine with that.

New Vegas really was them drawing the lines and going "heres ur shit, heres my shit, and heres that Midwest shit in the middle we both stay out of
>>
>>150166749
>"heres ur shit,heres my shit"
Don't know why but this gave me a giggle
>>
>>150166568
So you mean to tell me the Institute makes perfect biological copies of actual people through guesswork with Shaun's DNA template?

Instead of just taking a DNA sample directly from the person they are copying and making a copy through FEV magic that way?

Not to mention FEV doesn't require "pure" DNA to do its thing. Ever.

Even so, Shaun himself is not pure.
>>
>>150166749
Do they stay out of the Midwest because of the huge buildup of MWBoS soldiers that are basically well armed rednecks
>>
>>150166936
>Even so, Shaun himself is not pure.
Yes he is, its stated several times in-game.

>Not to mention FEV doesn't require "pure" DNA to do its thing. Ever.
Unless you want reatrded super mutants yes it does, that was the whole point behind why the Master sought out pure humans in Fallout 1.

>So you mean to tell me the Institute makes perfect biological copies of actual people through guesswork with Shaun's DNA template?
Not like people get DNA tested in the post-war world. Unless your in the brotherhood
>>
File: 20160731004749_1.jpg (238KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160731004749_1.jpg
238KB, 1920x1200px
sick dude
>>
>>150167081
>>
>>150166957
>because of the huge buildup
According to Fo3 and NV the MwBoS is seemingly a fairly small chapter that doesn't seem to be able to even retaliate to Caesar capturing some of their scribes.

Since the Destruction of the Calcualtor is 99.99% the most likely option, its most probably that the MwBoS simply collapsed on itself since it was a military operation that found itself in a land were it had purged the raiders, hostile super mutants, and Calcualtor robts threatening.

with the lack of threats in the area, there would be no need for such a large army, and they most likely took on a form more similar to the Maxson BoS, roving bands of BoS soldiers who wander the wasteland eliminating what small threats remain.
>>
>>150166201
>they didn't run out of money before that
"In 2004, Troika tried to find a publisher for an unnamed post-apocalyptic role-playing video game, but were unsuccessful,"
Now, do note that their layoffs started in November of 2004, and the company shut down in February of 2005.
So while they didn't run out of money before (which wasn't even a point you made until now), they were well on their way to bankruptcy in 2004.
Explain to me, again, how Troika could have acquired the title in 2004 and then not shut their doors in the less-than-12 month period following while still releasing a working game?
I'm legitimately curious.

>>150166213
>lots of NPCs
So, no source on how that prevents them from doing literally anything of consequence? Cool.
>now
No, I'm pointing out to you how stupid the argument of "I don't see it in game so it doesn't exist" sounds, you fucking autist. Thanks for proving my point btw.

>No
Okay.
>>
>>150167245
Are you arguing just to argue? Because you're just playing stupid right now.

Geez, kid, it's an internet discussion, you can be wrong about things. Just learn to accept it.
>>
>>150165824
Yeah no kidding, with the number of purifiers I build already, I was running into this issue way before the DLC landed.

Unrelated, but does anybody have experience with this function?
>http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=SetInstanceVolume_-_Sound
My main problem is this part:
>afVolume: The desired volume of a playing sound instance. Values outside of 0.0 - 1.0 will be clamped.
>outside of 0.0 - 1.0
I'm trying to (significantly) boost the volume of a looping ambient sound for use in a different context. Is there a way to bost the volume further (I already maxed the decibels in the SNDR record) without having to take the base-game *.wav and run it through Audacity or something?
>>
>>150167110
it has this retarded effect of lighting people on fire when i block
>>
>>150167334
>can't refute the points given
I get that you're shitposting but I mean atleast put effort into it.
>>
What's up with the performance of this game? I assume it's because of their engine being a steamy pile of shit, but seriously, I got myself a rig that should be able to easily max out this thing, and I'm still getting framedrops every now and then.

Also, I'm sorta at a point where I'm supposed to join a faction, or so I think, because I've got several ones wanting my dick. Is it possible to go through the game without joining any faction, like in NV with Yes Man, or will I be forced to pick a side other than my own?
>>
>>150167410
>What's up with the performance of this game?
Mine runs fine DESU SENPAI

>like in NV with Yes Man
The Yes Man faction in Fo4 is the Minutemen
>>
>>150167396
I would if you had any point. You're just saying that automatic doors exist in the Fallout universe when they're not and just pretending that the fact that many NCR NPCs talk about their orders is "no source".

Honestly, if you're not shitposting, it is quite pathetic.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-07-21 17-14-21-42.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-07-21 17-14-21-42.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150167410
I literally just had a thing happen where certain parts of the Massachusetts State House caused my framerate to drop to 9 fucking fps. Unbelieveable.
>>
>>150156191
We already had Operation Anchorage. And it was shit.
>>
>>150167581
bizarre, what gpu do you have?
>>
>>150167537
>many NPCs
>no actual sources
many NPC's say that you're full of shit.

>automatic doors exist in vault 101
Repeating this for the third time, maybe if you bothered to play FO you'd know these things.
Here's a nice little thread that includes a tutorial on how to make your own doors in FO3 automatic.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1174627-automatic-door-in-geck/
>>
>>150167659
970. Normally I get around 45 - 60fps.

It was one spot specifically where it all went to shit. Felt like Bethesda just packed way too much shit into an interior.
>>
>>150167581
Faneuil Hall or however the fuck you spell that does it to me

Mainly because of the 3000 fucking fires bethesda decided to stack in their fire pit to make it look big
>>
>>150167745
>970
HAHAHAHAHA you got a gimp card, did you put in for your 30 dollars yet you fucking cuck?
>>
>>150167241
That's gay as hell my nigga.

>Stop mass recruiting from all those villages they save
>Don't take any robots
>Forget they have APCs and tanks and stealth bombers
>Let a bunch of actual fuccbois that can't even take a narrow bridge from filthy conscripts steal their scribes and go unpunished
>>
>>150167745
I've found that random drops to 1-10 FPS in interior cells are fixed by saving and reloading.
(for me anyway)
>>
>>150167814
you ok man?
>>
>>150167848
to clarify, I don't mean random stutters, I mean occasionally I'll enter an interior and drop to 1-10 FPS no matter what (though in fort strong it was only ever when facing a certain staircase), saving and reloading fixes it.
I use a Radeon 7970 so it's pretty shit-tier.
>>
>>150167814
relax bro jeez
>>
>>150167831
.>Stop mass recruiting from all those villages they save
They have no reason too, everything that opposed them is DEAD.

>Don't take any robots
Actual;ly they had several robots they reprogrammed before they destroyed the Calculator, however, as part of the Tactics MQ they blow up or disable the robot factories and power supplies, and with the calculator's death, they have no means to control the army.

>Forget they have APCs and tanks
Who says they forgot they had them? they probably still use them, they just dont need as many.

> and stealth bombers
They never had those. The one they encountered was never completed, and nothing suggests they could have ever gotten it working

>Let a bunch of actual fuccbois that can't even take a narrow bridge from filthy conscripts steal their scribes and go unpunished
Well yes, ok this an actual point.
>>
>>150167581
Pretty sure its just the game being fucky, I run a i7 4790k and a 980 and get frame drops down to 45fps in certain areas.
>>
>>150168317
I heard some of the performance problem is due to the game loading a whole bunch of clutter shit even if your so far away, or so high up in a vertbirid, that you only see LOD for some nearby areas.

Can't confirm thats true however.
>>
>>150167679
Are you really posting a mod to support your "doors that open when people are near exist in Fallout" argument?

Jesus Christ, that made me laugh hard.

And no, there isn't a motion sense door in Vault 101.

Now that's some fine shitposting.
>>
>>150167068
No, Shaun demonstrably does not have pure DNA. He ate a face full of nuke as a baby right before entering the vault, and was then transported to the Institute. I cannot entirely recall, but I don't think they teleported him out during the kidnapping.

>Unless you want reatrded super mutants yes it does, that was the whole point behind why the Master sought out pure humans in Fallout 1.

FEV is not super mutant juice. Unless you are trying to tell me that The Master and Harold are also super mutants. Synths are not super mutants either so I don't understand why you bring up this point in the first place.

And you are wrong anyway because the east coast strain of FEV is 100% different from the west coast strain. To wit, it only produces stupid mutants except for exceptionally rare cases where it produces a mutant that isn't a drooling idiot or insane attack-on-sight madman.

Don't forget that the FEV experiments in Vault 87 itself used "pure" humans to begin with and still produced retarded super mutants. Again, different strain. We thus conclude that "purity" has no effect when using east coast FEV since it has identical effects to the Vault 87 strain, even going as far as to produce Behemoths which are only on the east coast.

>Not like people get DNA tested in the post-war world. Unless your in the brotherhood

Good thing that you don't need a full DNA comparison to test a synth then. I was under the impression that it is impossible to tell a synth from the real person unless you hack open their brain, but apparently everyone in Boston has the same blood type as Shaun. Or else a simple blood test could help identify synths if someone suddenly switched blood types entirely. That could also lead to potential false negatives if the original did have the same blood type as Shaun in the first place too, a narrative device that a writer better than Emil could have exploited.
>>
>>150168774

>Unless you are trying to tell me that The Master and Harold are also super mutants
>implying they're not
>>
>>150168774
>No, Shaun demonstrably does not have pure DNA. He ate a face full of nuke as a baby right before entering the vault
And as we enter the vault we go through a radiation screen and are told we are fine.

>Don't forget that the FEV experiments in Vault 87 itself used "pure" humans to begin with and still produced retarded super mutants.
And we are specifically told by Fawkes in Fallout 3 that the super mtuants are insanse due to the sheer pain of the transformation process.

the FEv itself isn't what makes them stupid, it insanity caused by pain.
>>
>>150168664
>mod
It's literally a script that exists in the GECK, and the thread was how to apply it to your own mod.
Are you literally retarded or something?
>>
>>150168774
but richard and harold are/were supermutants, just different ones
>>
>>150168994
And this is related to "motion sense doors exist in Fallout" how?

Are YOU retarded? It's getting kinda sad.
At first I thought you were trolling, but it seems you're serious.
>>
>>150169151
>motion sense
Was never brought up until your last replies. You simply said "automatic door".
Which exists.
Are you trying to move the goalposts?
>>
>>150169209
Christ, you're pathetic.

Read:
>>150165092
>>150165158

I'll just ignore you now. You're either shitposting or just mentally challenged.

Have fun.
>>
>>150168890
>>150169058
Richard and Harold are FEV mutants. They are certainly not super mutants. Again, FEV does not equal super mutant.

>>150168925
And how was Shaun transported from the Vault to the Institute? If he was not teleported, then he was exposed to radiation on the surface and is not "pure", not that purity matters anyway.

>Told by Fawkes
Is this the same Fawkes that spouts off about destiny and that you must die if you try to tell him to push some buttons in the booby trapped water purifier, soon after he already retrieved the GECK from a heavily irradiated area for you? Do you consider this to be a reliable and accurate source of information? Someone who is most likely insane in his own ways due to years of being locked up in isolation?
>>
Again, stop responding to this idiot. His autistic headcanon is impervious to all reason or facts.
>>
>>150169432
>a door that automatically opens when you get near it is not an automatic door
okay.
>>
>>150169462
bullying the mentally challenged is fun when you can't get in trouble for it.
>>
>>150169462
He's like the Chris chan of /fog/.
Quite sad.
>>
>>150169439
>And how was Shaun transported from the Vault to the Institute?
Same way everyone else was, by the teleproter. We see in Kellogg's memory, and from in-game missions, that anyone standing near someone with a Courser chip can be teleprotered with them.

>Is this the same Fawkes that spouts off about destiny and that you must die if you try to tell him to push some buttons in the booby trapped water purifier, soon after he already retrieved the GECK from a heavily irradiated area for you?
You mean the zen Buddhist talking about Zen Buddhism

>Do you consider this to be a reliable and accurate source of information?
There is literally zero reason to doubt his story as nothing contradicts it.
>>
>>150169468

I'll bite. Where is that door in Fallout?
>>
>>150169787
>didn't read down the chain
I've repeated myself three times, you can go find one of those repetitions.
>>
>>150169834

Where in Vault 101 is that door?
>>
>>150169910
>single door
Almost every door in the vault that you can access will automatically open when you're leaving the vault.
Also in the Vault Tec exhibit in the Museum of Technology.
>>
>>150170197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6LM2Zln4vY
Automatic door at 0:48 seconds, fucking mongoloid.
>>
File: 62167-0-1469946576.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
62167-0-1469946576.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
pls support harambe thx

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62167/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D62167%26preview%3D&pUp=1
>>
>>150170401
The actual goddamn fuck?
>>
>>150170197

So... there isn't actually one?

Was it really THAT hard to admit you were wrong? Did you really need to make mental gymnastics to pretend you're right?

>>150170282

That is not a motion sensing door. That is a tour triggered door.
Same as those lights that light up aren't motion sense lights.

You're really grasping at straws. It's kinda cute.
>>
>>150170548
>there isn't one?
There's multiple.

>that's not a motion sensing door, it's a scripted event!
>ignoring that an automatic door is a fucking script as pointed out in previous replies

What the actual fuck.
>>
>>150170465

we need to raise awareness about harambe pls download and endorse thx
>>
>>150170641
Children aren't immortal. Armies aren't just 30 people. People don't survive mini nukes to their head because they're wearing a helmet. Cities don't have only 10 citizens.

You're mistaking gameplay gimmicks and mechanics for lore.
>>
>>150170995
>shitposting this hard over automatic doors existing in FO3
Okay, I giggled. air your asshole out a bit, might help with the bruising.
>>
Vault 13 has 8 beds
>>
>>150171113
>post 1501711 13
>post 1113
>post 13
Confirmed, 8 beds only, HL3 soon.
>>
>>150171065
>resorting to 'u mad' because you lack arguments

I should've know that you were shitposting. Really pathetic.
>>
>>150171409
>implying you actually had an argument
Mate you've been doing nothing but shitposting since you got laid off from Troika in late 2004.
>>
>>150171503
Misquote or are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>150170401
Finally, a good mod.
>>
>>150171624
Daily reminder automatic doors exist in Fallout.
Daily reminder Troika would've gone under before doing anything noteworthy with the FO title.
>>
>>150171681
I ask you again, misquote or are you mentally challenged and think that every anon is the same?
>>
>>150171764
u r retarded
>>
>>150171764
>actually trying to keep track of anonymous
You must be a killer at parties. The only anon who has a reason to respond to me is the only buttwet anon who's been responding to me for the past what, two hours?
>>
>>150171624
big dummie fukk u
>>
>>150171843
At least two anons have been responding to you. I suspect three since I was not in the Troika discussion.

>being this eager to shitpost
>>
>>150171940
>implying there's anything left to do but shitpost
All you did was cry about mechanics =/= lore when I showed you automatic doors. What's next on the list? Regular old company war?
>>
>>150171764
>>150171624
u r big dum retard u sukk fukk u
>>
>tfw keep hyping up Nuka World in your head when you know you shouldn't
>>
>>150171986
And you still have to prove that mechanics = lore.
Or is that only true when it fits your argument?

Oh well, I guess raiders do magically reappear every three days according to the lore. After all, mechanics = lore.
>>
>>150172161
>this retarded copout argument
Show me in lore where it proves the mechanics wrong and we'll talk.
>>
>>150172201
>prove wrong
Then first prove right.
And also please prove right that Behemots are telepathically connected to Teddy Bears. Or maybe the Behemoth installed a motion sense in the teddy bear.
>>
>>150172332
I didn't make the original claim that automatic doors were a gameplay mechanic and not lore.
My answer is simple - It is in the game, the door opens automatically for you when in other vaults you have to use the manual override switch to the side (wonder why that exists if they aren't automatic?).
Your turn.
>>
>>150172124
>You will never create your own fiend-style raider gang and conquer the wasteland riding a tidal wave of blood and chems
>>
You know fallout 4 is fucking trash when 90% of this thread is text posts.
>>
>>150172741
Admittedly, I don't think we've done much but fling shit since week 2 of release.
It's not like you weren't expecting it or something.
>>
>>150172405
You made the first argument that automatic doors were lore, not just gameplay mechanic.

Like Oliver in New Vegas, he wasn't just standing there in the entry of Nipton for indeterminate amounts of time waiting for the player, that was a gameplay mechanic.
Where the raiders in Fallout 3 constantly attacking Dogmeat for indeterminate amounts of time? No, that was triggered when the player got near just for the gameplay mechanic.
New Vegas has automatic doors as well, but they are triggered events, like when you confront Dean. Did all those doors really close automatically? No, it was a gameplay mechanic.
Hell, even wooden doors are automatic if we consider that NPCs don't even touch them and they open for them.
>>
>>150172741
you get ignored if you post your waifu or any other screenshot, there isn't much point to playing this game other than waifus.
>>
>>150172798
I came here expecting people to share screenshots like in the TES threads. I own fallout 4 but haven't touched it since 3 weeks after release.
>>
>>150172825
>refuses to address the actual argument
You haven't showed me where automatic doors are nonexistent by the lore like you claimed.
You can shitpost about unrelated topics under the preschool-tier logic of "If THIS mechanic is lore then ALL mechanics are lore" all you want, I'll wait.
>>
File: piper.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
piper.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
who is the best follower?
>>
>>150172920
not that cunt, for sure
>>
File: 1462513230414.jpg (26KB, 638x366px) Image search: [Google]
1462513230414.jpg
26KB, 638x366px
>>150172920
Ada>Piper>Nick=Danse=Deacon>Cait>everyone else

they're either boring, annoying or get in the way
>>
>>150172920
face literally looks like plastic. jesus christ please don't tell me this woman is that incompetent with makeup.
>>
>>150172904
They don't exist anywhere besides the scripted tour.

Also,
>have no arguments
>"s-shitpost!"
Pathetic. Come up with arguments or just don't post, kid.
>>
>>150172983
synth detected
>>
File: 1469248381300.jpg (116KB, 554x681px) Image search: [Google]
1469248381300.jpg
116KB, 554x681px
>>150173084
fo4 fag normie detected
>>
>>150173082
>they don't exist anywhere outside of the tour
T-60 PA exists nowhere outside of Boston yet it is lore.
Try again.
>come up with arguments
I haven't needed to, I just poke holes in yours til they collapse on themselves and you move the goalposts to something nonsensical like "motion sensing".
>>
>>150173058
Fallout 4 characters also look like plastic. I'd say her cosplay is very accurate.
>>
>>150173147
>absolutely clear face
>piper has enough freckles to change the color of the Eiffel Tower for a year
>accurate
>>
File: bazooper.jpg (158KB, 1071x999px) Image search: [Google]
bazooper.jpg
158KB, 1071x999px
>>150173147
>>
>>150173143
T-60 exists everywhere in Fallout 4.
Try again.

Also, the argument started with motion sensing, which you said existed in Vault 101.

Is this really the best you can shitpost?
Kek.
>>
>>150173334
>fallout 4
Which is set in Boston, thank you for agreeing with me.
>motion sensing
Actually, automatic doors, you simply moved the goalposts to "motion sensing" when you realized there were automatic doors.
>>
>>150173334
>T-60 exists everywhere in Fallout 4.

Which is Boston you fucking retard.
>>
>>150173418
He's mentally deficient, don't give him such a hard time about it.
>>
>>150173410
>>150173418
Are you mentally challenged?
The point is that it is EVERYWHERE in Boston

And no, the argument started with me quoting a Brotherhood scribe talking about inventing "a door that opens when you wall by it".

Go up the posts chain, kid. Stop embarassing yourself.
>>
>>150173580
>doesn't exist outside of Boston
>FO4 is set in Boston
It does not disprove my point, it actually supports it.
Again, thank you.

>I quoted
"A door that opens when you walk by it"
So an automatic door? I'm curious as to how you think automatic doors work without any form of motion sensing.
How do they know when to automatically open?
Also, you have yet to tell me why Vault doors have a manual override switch beside them if they aren't automatic? Wouldn't a manual door not need an override switch?
I honestly feel bad, because I know you're just doing this for (yous), and I really hope this doesn't ruin your interest in Fallout.
>>
File: 1466545090698.gif (502KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1466545090698.gif
502KB, 160x160px
>>150173580
>T-60 only exists in Boston
>NO IT'S EVERYWHERE IN FALLOUT 4
>Yeah which is Boston you fucking idiot
>NO WHAT I'M SAYING IS IT EXISTS EVERYWHERE IN BOSTON, TOTALLY DIFFERENT
>>
can anybody edit this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16887/? to remove the 111s from the top (on the front and back)?
>>
>>150173709
Are you pretending to be retarded?

How else can I say this... The point is that the T-60 is EVERYWHERE in Boston. The point being EVERYWHERE.

You said "T-60 only exists in Boston but it is lore", but it is everywhere in Boston.
It is not an isolated thing like the tour doors that are merely gameplay mechanics.

And who said motion sense doors aren't automatic? Youre the one sperging about me "moving goalposts" talking about motion sensing when this was the original argument.

And tell me one thing.
How are Vault doors motion sensing?
How do the Vault doors know when the person wants to get in or out or is just checking the place or hanging out or is just a radroach?
That's right, they don't.
Because its a gameplay mechanic.

Your level is dishonesty is amazing.
>>
>>150153102
Are there any mods that were broken by Vault tech that would make my game not spawn followers?
>>
>>150173789
The point being everywhere. Which is why everywhere was caps locked.

Are 4channers really this illiterate?
>>
>>150174247
If the mod hasn't been updated since before the last patch, it could be the problem. Aside from mods that don't care about whet version you're on.

We don't have your load order so it's not like we can be very specific.
>>
>>150174210
>the point being EVERYWHERE
That explains why you seem to think if you repeat yourself enough times you'll be correct.
Fascinating.

>like tour doors that are merely gameplay mechanics
You've yet to back this claim up.

>tell me one thing
Okay, but that's a lot of questions for just one thing.
>how are vault doors motion sensing?
Same way automatic doors are motion sensing. How are they not?
>How do the Vault doors know
Knowing isn't part of motion sensing, motion is sensed.
I assume a pip-boy might help too, kind of a Vault Dweller thing.
>that's right
Not really
>It's a gameplay mechanic
You've yet to show me how.

>your level of dishonesty
Two way road, mister "three anons are responding to you but yet only one can respond at a time".
Or how you've yet to explain why there's a manual override on a non-automatic door.
Or how you keep resorting to ad hom to make your points sound more fleshed out.
But hey, I love a good laugh, and at this moment, I love you for delivering it to me.
>>
>>150157846
>>150158771
>>150159280
post moar nudes
>>
>>150174569
So that's it? You're not going to make any argument and will just say "you're wrong", sass a little and still be dishonest?

Motion is sensed. But how does the door differ one motion from the other? Doors open even for monsters in Fallout.
So are the doors unable to differ? They open for everything? If not, how can monsters open it? If monsters open it because the doors are motion sensing, how come the same doesn't happen with the player?

The door has a button in it's panel, which opens the door.

So you see, anon, you should stop using your headcanon when discussing lore.
It only makes you sound dumb.
>>
File: 377160_20160730235914_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160730235914_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
hnnnnnnnng
>>
>>150175287
I'm genuinely curious about what ghoul sex is like
>>
Will Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel ever get a PC port?
>>
>>150174328
You're splitting hairs to the point where they're not even visible. The entirety of Fallout 4 is Boston, ergo when you say everywhere you are still referring to BOSTON
>>
>>150175869
We have Fallout 4.
It is basically Fallout Bos.
>>
>>150175929
But it's not the same
>>
Any news on Nukaworld?
>>
>>150175276
>how
scripts.
>why are creatures
mechanics =/= lore? figured you'd figure that out for yourself.
>door has a manual override
Yep.
>headcanon
the only person headcanoning anything is you with automatic doors.
>>
>>150175889
The point is that they're widespread in the game world, they are not an isolated case that can be chalked up to game mechanic.

If the motion sensing doors were widespread in Fallout 3, cool, motion sensing doors exist. But they're isolated in a scripted tour sequence.
Let's be honest, it would be really shitty if the player had to open each door in the tour.
It's like I said. Those doors in that theatre Dean was in were not automatic. They got locked just for a gameplay mechanic in that part where you confront Dean.
I don't call those doors automatic just because they were in a scripted sequence to benefit the gameplay
>>
File: vault5.png (3MB, 1562x905px) Image search: [Google]
vault5.png
3MB, 1562x905px
>>150175570
Probably rather rough inside.
>>
>>150176080
But that is exactly my point. Mechanics in that scripted sequence != lore. Motion sensing doors are headcanon and just a gameplay mechanic for the tour.
>>
File: wrjdkdc6.jpg (63KB, 436x676px) Image search: [Google]
wrjdkdc6.jpg
63KB, 436x676px
>VATS sneak crit headshot swam with two shot 50 cal
>HP bar barely moves
>>
>>150154610
Nothing personal kid.
>>
>>150176053
It's not even fucking August yet. We ain't heard dick since E3 outside of some digging the files that points towards Gage being the name of the next companion.
>>
>>150160548
At least it is not the FOG from Far Harbor.
>>
>>150176519
>the faction conflict in Far Harbor is about the fog

That was disappointing.
>>
>>150176594
How is it disappointing? It's a clear and logical point of conflict between the factions.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
Why is it that Bethesda loves to force family in Fallout?

I'd really like to see a Fallout where you have no ties. Kinda like NV and 1.5.
I don't understand why they force family. Its not like the family is fleshed out or anything.
>>
>>150165584
>>150166691

Not NMC's texture pack fault. You fucked up somewhere else.

Probably an enb or reshade or something like that?
>>
File: Fallout4-2016-07-31-14-54-22-56.jpg (230KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4-2016-07-31-14-54-22-56.jpg
230KB, 1280x800px
>>150172920
I want a BoS squire follower for my Nora
>>
>>150176863
Family is something that is universal, it gives the player a motivation that the player can understand.

Fallout had the protagonist go out into the world to find a water chip for the vault which you could call his family.

>I don't understand why they force family. Its not like the family is fleshed out or anything.
Nate/Nora were there in the beginning to reperesent a happy family life.

Shaun was as fleshed out, but it wasn't anything near a normal father/son relationship no matter the choices.

There wasn't much focus beyond the prologue in being a family in 3 or 4, but I kind of liked how they inverted the relationship from 3 in 4.
>>
File: smug junk trader face.jpg (683KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
smug junk trader face.jpg
683KB, 1680x1050px
>>150172741
>>
Are we able to build Vault parts in above ground settlements? I've been getting conflicting reports, some people say they can't, some say they can
>>
>>150178921
You can.
>>
Hey guys can someone tell me where the /scripts directory is in fallout 4 . I need to manually apply a patch and I'm not too sure where.
>>
>>150179228
in the data folder. if there isn't a scripts folder already, just make one there
>>
File: ScreenShot855.jpg (606KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot855.jpg
606KB, 1600x900px
>>150176863
Emotional connection and all that shit.
>>
File: ck1.png (3MB, 1920x1044px) Image search: [Google]
ck1.png
3MB, 1920x1044px
Someone really needs to extend the vault to the right of the entrance where the caved in subway cars are.
>>
File: ScreenShot847.jpg (780KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot847.jpg
780KB, 1600x900px
>>150172741
>>
>>150179412
Thanks a ton!
>>
File: 20160731073340_1.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731073340_1.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
Look ma i gots me one them there RPGs!
>>
File: v9.png (2MB, 1536x860px) Image search: [Google]
v9.png
2MB, 1536x860px
There really isn't enough room to build a good vault.
>>
File: 18705-1-1361292807.jpg (569KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
18705-1-1361292807.jpg
569KB, 1280x1024px
>>150172920
>>
>>150165614
well yey you can't keep moving the games up in years have have the world still be a shit wasteland

I'm mean shit its bean 100 years between fallout 1 and fallout 4
>>
File: veronica.jpg (479KB, 1225x875px) Image search: [Google]
veronica.jpg
479KB, 1225x875px
>>150172920
-BOS but logical and open minded
-punches the shit out of deathclaws, great with energy weapons and PA

its not as long a list as i thought it would be but shes seriously the best
>>
>still no loli and shota fugging mods
There is no Todd.
>>
>>150182792

>>
File: 1464352526562.gif (196KB, 223x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464352526562.gif
196KB, 223x200px
>mfw I still hate bethesda for removing holstered weapon models

What a dumb fucking decision amongst many.
>>
>>150183284

It wasn't a dumb decision, the weapon modding system in FO4 probably changed guns too much to have an accurate grasp for when and how a weapon should be holstered for every possible mesh

It was either take out holsters or have unbelieveable clipping
>>
where can I get wasteland resurrection?

I know about the mod authors taking shit off nexus for the console shit but the mod has to be out there SOMEWHERE. doubt i'll even use it long but I want to try it anyway
>>
>>150183284
One of the most autistic complaints I've heard about a game tbqh
>>
>>150176863
just play the game like STALKER

kill, loot, return, re-arm, go out and kill more
>>
>>150183460
welcome to /fog/

>>150183435
JUST get Fallout 1.5 Resurrection and enjoy a classic Fallout story fa'am
>>
LINK TO BUFFS HAIR MOD WHERE
>>
File: FO4364.jpg (616KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
FO4364.jpg
616KB, 1440x900px
>>150183435

Forest Edition: https://yadi.sk/d/kEIJAGhTskFXX

Dead Edition: https://yadi.sk/d/qbIcrJiPskD5M
>>
File: 3452.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
3452.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
>trying to find some nice custom weapon mods on the nexus
>all of them can only be acquired by consoling them in

anyone got any recommendations?
>>
>>150184269
Console them in, or go with dooms weapon pack
>>
>>150184306

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16387/?

this one? seems good, thanks anon

I don't believe the amount of things beth fucked up with the modding in this game. Or was levelled list clashes always a thing in gamebryo?
>>
>>150184553
They literally have been a thing since Morrowind, where have you been?
>>
>>150154610
>No voiced protagonist
>More weapon diversity/unique Legendaries
>More S.P.E.C.I.A.L. checks, adding ways to complete existing quests
>Re-implement Traits
>Better writing, especially for the main quest and major factions (I'm looking at you, Institute).
>Settlement building actually means something to the game even if you decide to opt out of the Minutemen plot
Those are just a few.
>>
>LINK TO BUFFS HAIR MOD WHERE
>>
Any fun fist weapon mod for Fo4?
>>
File: 20160729150845_1.jpg (999KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160729150845_1.jpg
999KB, 1920x1080px
Lock up your waifus, Buffquad's on the hunt!
>>
Theres nothing purer than a mother's love.
>>
>>150186663
I always knew Shaun created his synthclone as a way to live out his /ss/ harem fantasy.
>>
>install dialogue interface mod
>game keeps crashing

REEEEEEEE why can't it just fucking work
>>
File: 1466285326055.jpg (47KB, 1099x838px) Image search: [Google]
1466285326055.jpg
47KB, 1099x838px
Not sure how many of you will agree with me, but I would love to see a Fallout game set between the events of the first two. Maybe somewhere between 2190 - 2230. I say this because we're this close to the 2300s in the current timeline and there's only so much more of a wastleland that can be shown. Beth (or Obsidian) would have to set future games in some very remote locations far away from any of the major factions (deep into tribal territory, no civilised settlements).

The only real problem I can see with this is that whoever's developing it might take a lot of liberties with the canon and forget that the game would be set in the past (a con which would affect gameplay elements). The writing would have to be strong to convey that the game is set way before Fallout 4.
>>
File: 20160731062030_1.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731062030_1.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
>>150182972
i had to make sure i had killable children installed, not fuckable children.

im gonna have to double check the wasteland orphans mod's files, i thought it was just going to make things a bit more immersive in the commonwealth, not go beyond what even LL would host.
>>
File: 1468013065194v.jpg (910KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468013065194v.jpg
910KB, 1920x1080px
I hate how every weapon mod for fallout 4 needs crafted, noone puts them in unique location. Bunch of fucking crafting faggots. Fuck off to minecraft
>>
>>150187601
>we're this close to the 2300s in the current timeline and there's only so much more of a wastleland that can be shown.

They'll probably just do a reboot.
>>
I'm hoping Nuka World brings in the buzz saw and extendo Power fist upgrades seen in the concept art
>>
>>150188419
Or you can instead horde enemy weapons and remove their mods, then you can reattach them to the weapon of your choice.
>>
File: 1468678464643.png (620KB, 519x757px) Image search: [Google]
1468678464643.png
620KB, 519x757px
>>150188582
>I'm hoping nice things will happen
>>
>>150187601
>the game is set way before Fallout 4.

>Beth allowing prequels or other retcon type material

No. Think of other expedients. The next story (non Bethesda) will either be concurrent or slightly ahead. Beth's next Fallout will push the narrative forward.
>>
>>150188678
No i mean when someone creates a new weapon mod on the nexus but its only attainable through console commands or crafting. Its so fucking boring. It would be nice to have a little quest for each different weapon.
>>
>>150184553
They've always been a thing. At least since like Oblivion.
>>
File: ScreenShot70.jpg (533KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot70.jpg
533KB, 2560x1440px
Okay, how do I reword this description to sound less dumb

>>150189883
That's what I'm going to aim to do with this mod. Or at least use it to fill in the gaps with existing lore and things like dungeons having no interesting loot in them.

There's a lot of vanilla shit that can be filled in too, like the shishkebab quest.
>>
>>150176863
It's supposed to be this important thing that affects everyone and everyone can connect to. What Bethesda didn't count on is we're all autistic and don't give two shits about family
>>
File: 20160718_165545.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_165545.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Also im back, give me some modding inspiration for my concord restoration mod. Ive restored the speakeasy, and both corner stores adding a junk vendor and a chems vendor, in the first preston quest they intervene and kill most of the raiders for you and help kill the deathclaw. They each have unique weapons. The junk vendor has the junk jet which you can buy for 3k caps, and the chems vendor has a syringer you can buy for 3k. My biggest dissapointment was learning that the little nuka-cola shop was a static model and that id have to remodel it for it to function as a house/business so thats what im working on. Opening up that interior. And that's a complete bitch tbqh
>>
>>150190247
>Opening up that interior. And that's a complete bitch tbqh
Not really. Delete a polygon there, fill the rest up with static objects. Pretty simple, todd gave you all the tools.
>>
File: this sucks.png (318KB, 496x559px) Image search: [Google]
this sucks.png
318KB, 496x559px
>>150188685
>>
>>150190258
MY VIRGIN CHRISTIAN EYES!
>>
>>150190048
Sounds great

Also I've successfully found out how to add a hat to children. My raider replace modules are complete, which basically allows you to chose which enemies you want to replace with raiders. I made a mod that replaces the Gunners with the Enclave remnants. And i have a home-run bat that works just like smash bros with the sound effect. I've finished the street fighter body mod and, I'll add all of these to weebly once i finish my concord restored.
>>
>>150190365
Well its actually a hollow interior so i have to mesh the inside unless i find a mesh that i can copy and paste that has it already opened in that shape.
>>
File: Fallout 4_20160731235350.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4_20160731235350.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>get a wounding submachine gun
>holy fuck I want this, must find a bed
>I'll just quickly finish this bit though
>this happens

EBIN
B
I
N

SIMPLY AMAZING TODD :^))))
>>
>>150190048
maybe "Deals 250% damage when wielded by an NPC or companion.", although you might want to drop the companion bit to keep it short.
>>
>>150190365
>>150190048
Can you get Buff to come in here please
I want his hair mod
>>
>>150190627
That's what I mean.
Fill it with generic wall objects or some shit.

>>150190775
But muh immurshion
>>
>>150190681
You deserved it, dumbass.
>>
>>150183460
It's lazy. Especially since they spent years on this game
>>
>>150190836
how about "Deals 250% damage when wielded by an enemy or ally."?
>>
>>150191168
That just sounds silly. Why not just say "deals 250% damage when wielded by anyone but you?"

But that makes no sense because it's like, give it to a companion and it says the same thing.
>>
>>150190681
You fucked yourself in the ass
>>
I have a method to rectify our skill situation, we disable the perk menu and instead add a perk that brings up a gui every level and you chose 3 skills to improve by 5 points? We can have it give you bobbleheads.
>>
>>150191520
Or we remove the skillchecks from the perk menu and only have certain perks available that you cant get from magazines.
>>
why is there no good looking armor in FO4? i'm just running around with black leather padded vault suits cause it looks the coolest, all the other shit looks like clunky fatman suits.
>>
Is anybody using Crude Blowback weapon mod? I think I have an issue with it because after numerous encounters with raiders and stuff I still haven't seen it. It's supposed to have scripted leveled list integration like DKS rifle (which appears just fine btw) but I guess something went wrong. Am I only one who got an issue like that?
>>
>>150190681
I don't get it. Looks to me like you just killed yourself with a grenade.
>>
>>150191770
It's extremely rare, though I have seen it. There's a fixed spawn on a jetty at that lake near vault 81.
>>
>>150191291
oh, I see what you're going for. that's a tough one. the only other one I can think of would be "deals 250% damage, unless wielded by the sole survivor" but I'm not sure how much better that would be than your original description.
>>
File: 1469752089177.png (273KB, 497x623px) Image search: [Google]
1469752089177.png
273KB, 497x623px
>tfw fallout is dead

Atleast New Vegas and Resurrection are here to sooth the pain
>>
Any modders here?

Is it possible to make elements of a description of an item change depending on the stats of said item?

Specifically, I want to change it so that the syringe gun ammo, like the sleep darts, don't say 'last for 30 seconds', but instead, 'last for [duration] seconds'

I'm not too sure how to reference the stats, see
>>
File: 20160728214228_1.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160728214228_1.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
I'm in love with my waifu! I'm in love with her and I want everyone to know it!
>>
>>150193676
You're doing this ironically right
>>
>>150193954
He has severe autism just ignore him. He did it in /tesg/ forever too but eventually stopped because people stopped replying
>>
>>150185731
>Re-implement Traits
Ohh please god no.

Traits were THE biggest failed feature from the older Fallout games
>>
File: 20160729013727_1.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160729013727_1.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>>150194359
I stopped going to /tesg/ because Skyrim got boring! Your attempts at discrediting my waifus is futile!
>>
>>150193201
your going to need someone who knows scripting for a chance of that working.

instance naming rules are tricky to work with anyway, you can only have so many keywords show up in item descriptions, like you cant have 'converted' and something like '.357' or whatever both show up.
>>
>>150194359
>>150195431
>>150193676
And people think buff is bad..
>>
File: 20160728214003_1.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160728214003_1.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
My waifu is wonderful! I want to be embraced by her big arms! Her hair smells like gooseberries!
>>
>>150195626
Buff is at least tolerable compared to this fgt
>>
I'm using Bhaal's Better Sorting but not all the items are sorted or have the pictures by them? was it because I picked all dlc when it said not too? Is it not updated? should I pick another one?
>>
so f4 has all dlc now? I can finally onstall mods and go at it?
>>
>>150196680
>so f4 has all dlc now?
nope

Nuka world comes out late august
>>
>>150195881
Gross
>>
Never played fallout 3.
What are things I should know before going into it?
>>
>>150195551
Oh okay, I can do scripting. Was wondering if it was a default feature or not
>>
>>150197000
Gotta find muh dad
>>
File: waifu_disgusted.jpg (68KB, 375x538px) Image search: [Google]
waifu_disgusted.jpg
68KB, 375x538px
>>150195881

What happened to bulge? or did you cure your fagness?
>>
File: 380747_1.jpg (68KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
380747_1.jpg
68KB, 630x630px
As someone that supports the brotherhood of steel, i absolutely despise having to work with that degenerate ugly ass ghoul of an overseer in vault 88.

I want a perfectly ethnic cleansed vault.

Fuck you Bethesda.
>>
>>150197508
> i absolutely despise having to work with that degenerate ugly ass ghoul of an overseer in vault 88.
Except you don't, you can outright tell her to leave the first time she mentions about doing experiments and she will
>>
>>150197508
Kill the ghoul with "Mcdonough must die" mod its that easy shitwad
>>
Should I even bother continuing with FO4 or should I go back to NV?
Even the mods for FO4 utterly bore me.
>>
>>150197000
Don't bother with the main quest
>>
>>150198278

Uninstall.exe and wait for Fallout 5 or Elder Scrolls 6
>>
>>150198278
Go back to NV. Try a storm trooper build
>>
File: v8.png (3MB, 1536x857px) Image search: [Google]
v8.png
3MB, 1536x857px
Finished the Vault 88 quests. Convinced Barstow to stay. We now sleep together in the Overseer's bedroom.
>>
>>150198473
Hi Todd
>>
>>150198691
>with a ghoul

>>150198738
>Todd is telling people to stop playing his game to wait to play more of his games
Fucking what?
>>
>>150198738
Hello
>>
>>150198829
>Todd telling people to buy his games
>>150198853
I'll never buy your games. I slipped with fo3 and skyrim,but never again
>>
>>150199174
>bought fo3 and skyrim
Scum, thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.
>>
>there are still people who think the nuke we see during the intro caused the glowing sea
>>
Its so easy to make it feel like youre not the only one doing everything n these guilds, yet they always, and even mock during dialect, how you are the one who does everything.

For example, putting up the MILAs for Tinker Tom, all they have to do is add in the dialogue that he has a bunch of them and could use my help placing some as the rest of the crew has been doing it but are low on time. Then have them comment about putting up a MILA here or there when you return. Its really not that hard right?
>>
>>150199448
where did it hit then? why did sound come instantly, but shock wave didn't? why didn't they burn alive from radiating heat?
>>
>>150199448
>Nuke appears north of Sanctuary
>Wasteland is south of Sanctuary
BRAVO TODD
>>
>>150199730
>where did it hit then?
There is a crater just south of downtown Boston thats matches up with the direction the nuke can be seen from int the intro

>why did sound come instantly, but shock wave didn't? why didn't they burn alive from radiating heat?
Because Fallout nukes don't work like real world ones, they are based on 50's SCIENCE!, and thus, have any properties the devs want at the time.
>>
>>150199728
>New Vegas
>You feel like one of many valuable people of a faction. Helping the same cause that many others are.

>Fallout 4
>everyone sits on their retarded, potato face asses while you do literally all the work
>>
>>150199801
the nuke is directly south east actually
>>
>>150199801

No it doesn't, the first nuke visible is literally to the South in the direction of the Glowing Sea.
>>
>>150199883
More like

>New Vegas
>every single faction needs you to do everything for them

>Fallout 4
>The BoS fucking push everyone's shit in, even without your help
>>
File: map.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>150199990
Not him, but the glowing sea is to the south west, the nuke we see in the intro is to the south east.

The nuke in the intro made the crater that can be found in the white boxed area of pic related.
>>
>>150199851
No. They're regular nukes. Just because Radiaton doesn't have the same affects on the human body doesn't mean the nukes are different or if you get hit by a nuke you will survive.
>>
>>150197508
Brotherhood policy on non ferals varies actually.

I'm BoS all the way but I make an exception for non ferals, with the caveat that if they turn feral they are getting their face melted.
>>
>>150169594
>Same way everyone else was, by the teleproter. We see in Kellogg's memory, and from in-game missions, that anyone standing near someone with a Courser chip can be teleprotered with them.

Coursers did not exist during the Vault 111 kidnapping.

>You mean the zen Buddhist talking about Zen Buddhism

No I mean bad writing. Fawkes readily abandons his supposed "Zen Buddhism" after buying a DLC, which tells you its not any actual belief he holds about "destiny" because he abandons it when requested. If he still refused and spouted off on destiny even after getting Broken Steel, then it would have been an actual belief instead of a writing contrivance. And I am not certain what Zen Buddhism has to do with pointless, easily avoidable suicide. Does this make Charon and that robot companion Zen Buddhists too, in that they tell you to kill yourself unless you bought a DLC?

Not to mention that Fawkes calls you a fool if you go and retrieve the GECK yourself instead of letting him do it, so he supposedly do not approve of needless risk and sacrifice. Again, does Fawkes seem like a consistent character?

>There is literally zero reason to doubt his story as nothing contradicts it.

So there is a lack of writing to allow you to come to any other conclusions on your own and you thus have to fully accept the explanation from a super mutant that has been locked in a room for the entirety of his known existence as the truth?
>>
File: 20160517192739_1.jpg (824KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160517192739_1.jpg
824KB, 1920x1080px
>>150197243
I want to imbibe my waifu's vaginal fluids!
>>
>>150200256
>No. They're regular nukes.
Actually they aren't.

It was stated as far back as Fallout 1's manual that the megaton class nukes had largely all been retired in Fallout's unvierse, and that every country used "smaller" tactical nukes.

This is why nuke impact zones seem to have done very little damage to the areas around them.

The glowing sea was made by one of the few "high yield megaton+" sized nukes left in the Fallout world's arsenal.

And yes, nukes do work differently which is why the Fatman is possible without killing everyone who uses it
>>
>>150199957
>>150199990
Guess I'm retarded
I'm willing to bet it's not were the glowing see is though
>>
>>150200060
My pure minutemen game run through I was quite intimidated by the Brotherhood.

My forces were getting their absolute asses raped by various stuff but the brotherhood just don't give a shit. They're hard to kill when they have numbers too.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'VE FUCKING HAD IT WITH THE VAULT UPDATE!

NOTHING WILL CLIP IN THE RIGHT WAY

IT ALWAYS CLIPS IN ONE WAY
>>
>>150200428
you can grab the geck from the irradiated chamber and come out with minor rad poisioning if you aren't retarded because there are safe spots with much lower rads in the doorway
>>
>>150200428
>respodning to a post from 9 hours ago.
For what purpose?

Do you think that guy is even still here?
>>
>>150200587
ok
>>
>>150200506
It doesn't matter. A nuke that close would still rip their skin off or at the very least, irradiate them.
>>
>>150200768
Except we know it didn't, because Fallout is not real life, and we can survive being near fatman explosions while suffering no ill effects.
>>
>>150200585
The Brotherhood is the only vanilla faction I'm comfortable joining. Their feelings against ghouls and synths are extreme but they're the only surface faction truly capable of keeping the Commonwealth a safe place in the long run.
>>
>>150200864
Actually, while the BoS hate ghouls, their soldiers ALWAYS mention ferals when they talk about killing ghouls.

Even after capturing and reprogramming PAM, she new lines even specifically mention FERALS as being the enemy.

while the BoS doesn't care for non-ferals, they don't seem to have any active plans or orders to kill them.
>>
>>150200864
Their policy on ghouls is a bit unclear desu. Ferals get fucked obviously, but I don't think it's often mentioned what this incarnation of the Brotherhood thinks about non feral.

But yeah I agree, they are the only faction I felt could actually keep any semblence of peace and security in the region, and their mission was a bit more noble.

But the minutemen are nice as a sort of idealistic faction. Shit is guaranteed to fall apart once the SS dies though, so it's a bit of an 'independant vegas' situation.
>>
>>150201132
IIRC, Danse even commends the ingenuity of the ghouls as the Slog, for turning a pool into a tarberry farm, if you take him there.

And Danse is like the BoS poster boy.
>>
>>150201148
I would have more faith in the Minutemen if the SS were able to upgrade their basic arsenal. It would have been nice to see your troops rocking T-45 with the Minutemen paint job, and have them naturally use better gear than Laser Muskets and Pipe Weapons.
>>
File: Can't believe it.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Can't believe it.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>He thought his power armour would save him from a level 14 who only uses pistols
>>
>>150153396
Guess how the Bethesdrones feel? Exactly the same.
Both camps are fucking retarded when they try and force their views on one another and don't just accept that preferences are different.
>>
How can I remove the build limit on settlements? setav isn't working and the only mods I can find are really old and rely on other downloads like cheat engine which I can't even get to run because it gets auto blocked because of all the adware with it.
>>
File: 1467250084024.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1467250084024.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
Need some help with modding. Where in the New Vegas folder can I find the races? (Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, Black)
>>
>Ghouls went from barely mobile and fragile as fuck to Olympic sprinters that take a fuckload of punishment

What happened? 3, NV, and 4 all have these super ghouls compared to the originals.
>>
>>150200852
That's just so no one complains about insta-kill bullshit. You're confusing a gameplay mechanic for lore.
>>
>>150201725
Time weedled out the hardier ones
>>
File: 20160731180811_1.jpg (289KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160731180811_1.jpg
289KB, 2560x1440px
>>150201531
And the gun responsible for the single shot kill.
>>
>>150201725
>3/NV
uh no
aside from broken steel reavers they go down with little exertion the ones in 4 are all like the reavers from broken steel

also the ones in 4 are too fast
>>
>>150201725
zombie craze happened.
>>
>>150166691
Turn off AA in the launcher.
>>
>>150201531
I always throw grenade from ground over that building on right, it hits 100% to the head and instantly kills it.
>>
>>150201725
They're not that fast or tuff in 3 or nv.
>>
>>150201725
Given that radiation has eaten their minds, and given them amazing regenerative powers, it actually makes some sense that ferals, who have lost the ability to reason, have also lost the natural mental safeguards that prevent people from over exerting their bodies to dangerous level, allowing them to move fairly quickly.

Fallout 1/2 ghouls are more like the "crazy" non ferals we see in Fallout 3, NV, and 4.

People like Gallo in Fallout 3, all those ghoulfied NCR troopers who are hostile but use the non-feral ghoul skin in Searchlight in New Vegas, the marked men of Lonesome Road, etc. etc.
>>
>>150201826
>You're confusing a gameplay mechanic for lore.
Except its not a gameplay mechanic, theres even a terminal in Fallout 4 at fort Storng detailing the development of the Fatman, and the soldiers finding ways to make it work without killing the user.
>>
>>150202131
>Make it work without killing the user
Probably by pointing it in any direction but down.
>>
>>150202219
Several prototype versions couldn't propel the nuke far enough away from the user. I remember the engineer on the terminal being super pissed off because the General said to just pour whatever dirt he finds into a jug and sent it to the families of the poor duo that tested the first version deemed safe for use.
>>
>>150202978
So that means they died because they were so close, which means you've proven yourself wrong
>>
>>150202978
Not him, but that just means that they died because the nuke exploded close to them.

You're mistaking gameplay mechanics for lore, mate.
>>
File: tryagain.png (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tryagain.png
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>150203119
anon who started this conversation here, but that guy, isn't me.

I actually stopped discussing it some time back
>>
>>150194359
>He has severe autism just ignore him.
Actual autism?
>>
>>150203297
Oh. Okay thanks.
>>
>>150203207
Why is Fallout the only game where lore and gameplay are apparently separated?
>>
>>150201148
>Shit is guaranteed to fall apart once the SS dies though, so it's a bit of an 'independant vegas' situation.
At least in NV you had Yes Man, an immortal AI assistant to help you run things. Plus, with OWB, the Courier becomes a cyborg with the potential to live much longer than the human life expectancy
>>
>>150203437
Incompetent developers.
>>
>>150203437
Just fallout 4. It doesn't make it any more or less retarded.
>>
>>150202978
Speaking of Fatman development, with the animation tools finally in-game, somebody should mod in a power armor and a loader requirement for Fat Man usage.
>>
>>150203437
>Why is Fallout the only game where lore and gameplay are apparently separated?
What?

Every game works like that.

Do you recall think San Fierro was only like 1 mile across, and 99% of the buildings can't actually be entered, because thats the way it is in San Andreas?
>>
>>150203507
>Inb4 yes man betrays you
It was confirmed by sawyer.
>>
>>150203739
What was confirmed by Sawyer?
>>
>>150203643
I don't understand the comparison. That wasn't a design decision, it was a case of it's literally impossible to have every building be an enterable space on 2004 hardware.
>>
>>150203807
That yes man doesn't betray you
>>
>>150203917
>I don't understand the comparison.
Its still part of the gameplay.

Just like CoD protags not being able to jump over a fence because invisible wall is not lore.

And Resident Evil characters don't actually sort their bags in an actual grid layout.

And the world of MMOs are not literally designed as a series of box canyons in lore.

There is no game where gameplay and the in-game world are a proper reflection of the actual lore.
>>
>>150204107
Its especially true in RPGs where you can shoot or stab someone in the face point blank with a massive gun or sword many times and they will still be fine.

Theres no RPGs where that isn't valid.
>>
File: 1465614364224.png (493KB, 1098x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1465614364224.png
493KB, 1098x1048px
can anyone post the dlc mega's?

whatever ones you have are ok
>>
What ever happened to buff?
>>
>>150204518
>Pirate Bay is shit
>Kickass is dead
>Mega is fucking garbage
>Most of the good file sites were taken down the same time megaupload was
Man, theres like, fuck all left nowadays
>>
>>150204804

Its almost like it would be easier to just buy it
>>
>>150204752
He died of asphyxiation from his waifu's balloon tits
>>
>>150204804
can you post the dlc fuck all's then pls

>>150204752
arrested for loli pron
>>
>>150204752
Went into hiding. He was supposed to do a bunch of texture work for Maxwell's World, and up and vanished, never to be seen again.
>>
File: rarest pepe.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
rarest pepe.gif
2MB, 286x400px
I'm working on getting buff's trip right now

as soon as I'm done I'm going to start posting as buff but even weirder and make everyone hate the memory of him by the time I'm finished
>>
>>150201864
Single shot kills aren't even amazing anymore, man
>>
>>150206116
yeah they are fuck off
>>
So given that Bethesda seems to be trying to cover the entire east coast in a trilogy of games, and given that Fallout 3 covered much of the middle east coast, and Fallout 4 is the upper east coast, where in the southern east coast do you think Fallout 5 will take place?
>>
>>150205545
At least buff makes mods
His fetishes leave a lot to be desired, though
>>
>>150204518
get it from reaper
>>
File: v11.png (3MB, 1536x860px) Image search: [Google]
v11.png
3MB, 1536x860px
I am still working hard on the vault. Should have some new stuff to show soon.
>>
>>150207720
No one, really, no one, fucking cares
>>
>>150207776
no wonder buffscale left
>>150206116

this thread is just about whining over nothing, and the few times people actually post about fallout they get shit on
>>
>>150208108
>no wonder buffscale left
You act like its a bad thing that fucking faggot left.
>>
>>150204752
God smited him for not porting the fucking Eva plugsuites. We won't be seeing much more of him.
>>
>>150204804
>Mega is garbage

Stop this meme, there's absolutely nothing wrong with mega.
>>
>>150185731
>(I'm looking at you, Institute).
I don't remember raising my son into such a huge warmongering cunt. The railroad didn't need to be put down like that. All they wanted was to free the synths. Which is fine. It's your fucking problem if you can't believe your own fucking science created sentient beings.
>>
>>150208108
Buffscale left?
>>
>>150204518
>>150204804
https://torrentproject.se/?t=vault-tec
>>
>>150209138
Nah, he's just playing starbound.
>>
File: test9.png (2MB, 1534x854px) Image search: [Google]
test9.png
2MB, 1534x854px
>>150204518
>>150204804
http://local.grimtech.co.uk/files/
>>
>>150209049
>warmongering
Shaun is like the exact opposite of a warmonger, hes done everything to minimize how many people he places with synths in order to control the commonwealth.

Hell, the BoS even self admit they are the ones starting the war.
>>
>>150209871
Only fighting the BoS was justified.
>>
>>150209871
If the Institute was foreward about their intentions from the get-go and didn't kidnap and replace people the game wouldn't have even happened.
But the Institute demonstrates a complete lack of ethics and empathy by not only repeatedly replacing people, but wiping out towns when they see fit.
>>
>>150207720

Get some undamaged Abraxo from Vault 114, dirty ass Industrial boxes look so out of place.
>>
>>150210003
fighting the Railraod was equally justified given that the Railraod are terrorists who have been responsible for most of the synths discovered in settlements, and thus, most of the anti-synth paranoia in the Commonwealth, as well as fuck ups like Gabriel who become raiders and kill tons of people.

The Railraod have a noble cause, but thier total lack of oversight on their operations has caused far more harm to far more people then it has done good.
>>
>>150210136
>If the Institute was foreward about their intentions from the get-go and didn't kidnap and replace people the game wouldn't have even happened.
They tried, then the CPG event happened and everyone started hating them even though it wasn't their fault.

>But the Institute demonstrates a complete lack of ethics and empathy by not only repeatedly replacing people, but wiping out towns when they see fit.
The only town the Institue has wipedo ut was University POint, and, if you listen to the holotapes there, that was done by Kellogg, on his own will.

The Institute just ordered him to get the reactor data, he was the one who chose to kill everyone there
>>
>>150207720
holy shit no one cares you fucking weirdo
>>
File: v10.png (3MB, 1533x854px) Image search: [Google]
v10.png
3MB, 1533x854px
>>150210196
Good idea, Will sort that out shortly.
>>
>>150210293
>as well as fuck ups like Gabriel who become raiders and kill tons of people.
What's wrong with Gabriel? He was given a choice. That's good. He just chose the wrong one and had to be put down. That's equally fine. Should you start brainwashing humans too, simply because they may choose to become raiders?
>fighting the Railraod was equally justified given that the Railraod are terrorists who have been responsible for most of the synths discovered in settlements, and thus, most of the anti-synth paranoia in the Commonwealth
Bullshit. The paranoia starts thanks to the institute replacing people. The railroad doesn't replace people, your waifu doesn't rock up with a robotic cunt one day when the railroad does it, you just have a brand new settler no one has seen before rocking up. Which may be suspect, but not on the level of "This dude I knew my whole life is now a robot"
>>
File: 20160727194818_1.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160727194818_1.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
-"Check out that broad! She's huge! She's the hugest broad I''ve ever seen!"
-"Boy I tell ya."
>>
Does anyone know if there is an upside-down searchlight mod that hangs from ceilings?
>>
>>150210843
> The paranoia starts thanks to the institute replacing people
Wrong, the paranoia started becuase of the fall of the CPG, which was caused by the settlements own bickering.

The people then turned around, blamed the Institute for it, them started constructing an elaborate conspiracy theories about how The Institute was behind everything bad ever, which, ironically, forced The Institute into a position were it became the thing they thought it was the whole time.
>>
I just bought the season pass in preparation for Nuka World and all that jazz.

I have it on PC, so what are the must have mods? Are there any? I don't want anything ridiculous and gamebreaking.
>>
I would assume the paranoia surrounding the Institute would arise not from the Gen 3 synth program but the fact that they have kidnapped thousands upon thousands of people over a century and made them into super mutants
>>
File: 1223680102688.jpg (22KB, 537x424px) Image search: [Google]
1223680102688.jpg
22KB, 537x424px
>Coursers
How much of a fucking beta do you have to be to willingly serve an organization dedicated to subjugating you?
>>
>>150211241
you're retarded
>>
>>150211397
Estimated age: 16
>>
>>150210843
>>150211176
The Broken Mask was the thing that made everyone paranoid. It's said a bunch of times, that was the moment they realized synths had stopped looking like robots and started looking like people.
>>
>>150211486

Oh? Praytell why you have that opinion?
>>
File: 1469826771421.jpg (218KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
1469826771421.jpg
218KB, 534x820px
>Enemy has a mini-nuke
>I'll get close to him so he won't fire it
>Get close to him
>He fires it
>>
>>150211241
aww man

you realize nuka world is the last dlc right? I feel secondhand embarrassment right now
>>
>>150211689
The DLC is garbage and you bought the season pass post-markup. You made an awful decision.
>>
>>150211782
>>150211890

I still saved money than buying them separately and I have a good job, I can afford it.

*shrug*
>>
File: Untitled.png (75KB, 1914x889px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
75KB, 1914x889px
>>150210863
>>
>>150212012
>I still saved money than buying them separately
^this, even if you dont like the DLC, getting the Season Pass even for 50 dollars still means you get Nuka world for free
>>
>>150212093
you save even more money if you don't buy any of them ::::::^^^^^^^)))))))
>>
File: 1432128925136.png (226KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1432128925136.png
226KB, 499x499px
>>150212093
>paying for Nuka World gets you Nuka World for free
>>
Mods for PS4 when?
>>
>>150212012
>he makes frivolous decisions because he is financially stable at the moment
You're not going to make it.
>>
>>150211176
>Wrong, the paranoia started becuase of the fall of the CPG
Cite your shit. It was the broken mast and replacements that did it.
>>
timeline of Fo4

-2077: Great War.

-2110: Institute is founded by CiT students who survived the war by hiding in the basement of CiT.

-2178: Institute acquires FEV from an outside source, and begin experiments on commonwealth subjects in the hope of perfecting FEV strains to use in their synthetic organics project.

-2180: first super mutant horde grows large enough to launch an attack on Diamond city and is driven off by the Minutemen in their first act of fame.

-2180s: Sometime around this time, or possibly several years before, DiMA and Nick Valentine, two prototype Gen 2.5 synths, escape from the Institute. Nick remains in the Commonwealth while DiMA eventually makes his way to Far Harbor.

-2224: Institutes maxes out FEV research possible with DNA from the corrupted DNA of wastelanders. Institute scientists seek a new source of DNA to continue the project.

-2227: Institute finds records of Vault 11, and the infant Shaun, leading to them to kidnap him for his pure DNA

-2229: first early model Gen 3 is accidentally released into the wasteland where it goes to Diamond City and shoots up the market in what becomes known as the Broken Mask Incident.

-2287: Father releases his Mother/Father from Vault 11, beginning Fallout 4 proper.
>>
File: wat.jpg (40KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
40KB, 505x431px
>>150153102
>Meeting Preston and Sturges is one of the first events players are expected to come across
>Sturges is still bugged to fuck when you first meet him, often facing the wrong way from the computer while typing, and his subtitles never work
>Neither Bethesda nor the Unofficial Patch has got around to fixing this encounter
>>
>>150211753
It's fucking retarded that enemies take no self-damage from their own explosions. I've seen generic grunts fire a Fatman point blank and walk away.
>>
>>150212238
Are you dyslexic?

I said paying for the season pass gets you Nuka world free.

Season Pass is 50 dollars, all the DLC before Nuka World costs 50 dollars.

Thus, you get Nuka World for free by buying the season pass. since all the DLC is worth 70 dollars, but your only paying 50, and Nuka world costs 20
>>
TFW Deacon is bro as fuck.

He likes all my smart ass words and totally hyped me up to get some pussy
>>
File: 1324249370770.png (95KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1324249370770.png
95KB, 250x237px
>>150213126
>>
>>150212947
to add onto this
-2240: Goodneighbor founded

-2285: University Point wiped out by Kellogg
>>
>>150212947
Why does the Institute create fucking thousands of super mutants when their FEV research only requires a DNA sample to work with, instead of dipping a fuck ton of people wholesale
>>
>>150210863
Did you ever get around to uploading your wetsuit?
>>
>>150213580
How do we know it was Kellogg?
>>
>>150213635
>Why does the Institute create fucking thousands of super mutants when their FEV research only requires a DNA sample to work with
Because thats not how it works.

In order to see how the changes to FEV have taken hold in a person, they have to dip them to see how they transform and do tests on them to see if shit like stamina, intelligence, resistances, actually got better.
>>
>>150213635
Because it can't be a fallout game without super mutants!
>>
>>150213661
Holotape at University Point from the mayor where hes talking to the "mysterious man" the Institute sent to University Point to get the data, its Kellogg's voice.
>>
What's the best Power Armor in the game? I'm using the X-01 head/chest/arms, but I'm still looking for the legs.
>>
>>150213991
X-01>T-60>T-51>T-45>>>>Raider
>>
>>150213794
But they use FEV for production of synthetic organic bits

They didn't dip Shaun because all they needed was a DNA sample

The reason they needed pure DNA was because they apparently couldn't use a DNA sample from anyone else to combine with FEV and whip up entire bodies
>>
>>150213991
You're literally wearing it.

T-60 is comparable when you have the Tesla Armor + Honor and Vengeance parts.
>>
>>150214154
>But they use FEV for production of synthetic organic bits
Yes
>They didn't dip Shaun because all they needed was a DNA sample
Yes
>The reason they needed pure DNA was because they apparently couldn't use a DNA sample from anyone else to combine with FEV and whip up entire bodies
The reason why they needed pure DNA is because corrupted DNA always results in super mutants.

Shaun's pure DNA would allow them to actually make synths that aren't horribly mutated freaks.

However, they still need to dip people to see how the super mutants turn out to see if their changes to the FEV actually improved the strain.

They cant ifnect synths since synths are already infected with FEV, and only a FEv designed to kill FEV mutants or similar would effect them.
>>
File: WORTHLESS CONSUMER MODELS.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WORTHLESS CONSUMER MODELS.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
Robotnik has an engagement down to Bunker Hill
Time to unveil his secret weapon
>>
>>150214190
Oh, neato. Any tips on where I can find the legs at, and what mods are best?
>>
>>150214525
Look up 35 Court if you haven't been there yet. It always has a complete set based on what level you are.
>>
>>150214394
Sounds like performing a blood test for presence of FEV would be a good way to find out if someone is a synth then.
>>
File: 1468724238255.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468724238255.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
>>150214453
Nice
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (217KB, 1167x965px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
217KB, 1167x965px
Is there a bigger cuck in the entire Fallout series than Hancuck?

-I steal from his warehouse
-He knows I did it and confronts me on it
-I Charisma him. Not only into forgiving me, but making him give up his position as mayor and to become permanent settlement slave who I never take along with me as a companion
>>
File: chambers.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chambers.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>150214671
Not really.
FEV bonds with the host's DNA, so you wouldn't be able to find it the normal way. You'd have to scan for secondary mutations (sterility, hyper regeneration, immunity to stims) which apparently Synths suffer none of because no medical test has found them yet.

Then again, it's most likely another of FO4's writing inconsistencies...
>>
>>150214671
FEV wouldn't be able to be detected actually.

The "cure" for FEV is to inject a person with another strain of FEV that contains their original DNA to revert them back to their original form, at that point, the FEV would simply appear to be that person's natural DNA.

Synths, given their umutated form, likely already have this FEV = their DNA as part of their own base.

FEV wouldn't be detectiable since it would be disguised as the natural DNA that Institute designed for that synth's race,gender,appearance etc. etc.
>>
>>150215161
Since all synths are from Shaun's DNA wouldn't they also all have identical blood types to Shaun?

That could have been a potential thing to distinguish a synth. You could have even had cases where the person already had the same blood type as Shaun and get mistaken for a synth from someone testing them.
>>
>>150213635
>Why does the Institute create fucking thousands of super mutants when their FEV research only requires a DNA sample to work with, instead of dipping a fuck ton of people wholesale
What else are a bunch of amoral, scientifically dogmatic nerds going to do with a biological WMD?
>>
>>150212960
Sturges, tell him.
>>
Updated timeline including events from the Minutemen and Railroad

-2077: Great War.
-2110: Institute is founded by CiT students who survived the war by hiding in the basement of CiT.
-2178: Institute acquires FEV from an outside source, and begins experiments on Commonwealth subjects in the hope of perfecting FEV strains to use in their synthetic organics project. this results i nthe creation of the first Commonwealth super mutants.
-2180: First super mutant horde grows large enough to launch an attack on Diamond city and is driven off by the Minutemen in their first act of fame.
-2180s: Sometime around this time, or possibly several years before, DiMA and Nick Valentine, two prototype Gen 2.5 synths, escape from the Institute. Nick remains in the Commonwealth while DiMA eventually makes his way to Far Harbor.
-2224: Institutes maxes out FEV research possible with DNA from the corrupted DNA of wastelanders. Institute scientists seek a new source of DNA to continue the project.
-2227: Institute finds records of Vault 11, and the infant Shaun, leading to them to kidnap him for his pure DNA
-2229: First early model Gen 3 is accidentally released into the wasteland where it goes to Diamond City and shoots up the market in what becomes known as the Broken Mask Incident.
-2240: Goodneighbor founded by criminals exiled from Diamond City
-2247: Minutemen lose The Castle after a mirelurk queen attack
-2263: Earliest known records of the Railroad. Railroad leader Agamemnon killed during Courser raid, Wyatt takes over
-2273: Railroad leader Wyatt killed during Courser raid. Pinky takes over.
-2277: Pinky steps down as leader of the Railroad. Dezdemona takes over.
-2282: General Becker dies, throwing the Minute's leadership into chaos causing their decline.
-2285: University Point wiped out by Kellogg
-2287: Father releases his Mother/Father from Vault 111, beginning Fallout 4 proper.
>>
>>150215394
>Since all synths are from Shaun's DNA wouldn't they also all have identical blood types to Shaun?
I imagine there's a degree of genetic engineering involved for creating a batch of Synths. They most likely want to preserve biodiversity, designing Synths with certain characteristics in mind.
>>
File: 2016-01-21_00077.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21_00077.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
>>150213654
Here you are. It's an updated version of the old pack, with 5 new outfits for you to play with. Gonna do more in the future, including Deacon's overalls. Might do the shirtless variant that's up on the nexus. Yeah, I'll definitely do that one.

filedropper com/fo4-allbuffquadoutfits_1
>>
>>150215528
-2288: The Minutemen become the undisputed governing force of the Commonwealth after destroying the Institute. The Brotherhood flees back to the Capital Wasteland like the little bitches they are.
>>
File: bathroom.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bathroom.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Taa Daa
>>
>>150214845
You can even rob him his little display of dominance by killing the dude who tries to fuck with you when you first enter. I wonder if that was the wettest Fahrenheit had been in a long time.
>>
>>150215528
Can you fuck a synth?
>>
>>150216324
ok
>>
File: 20160728153935_1.jpg (282KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160728153935_1.jpg
282KB, 2560x1440px
Paying my respects to Molly Malone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIh3nO6-V_A
>>
>>150216324
Yes, Deacon even mentions he and his girlfriend, who turned out to be a synth, were trying for kids.

So yeah, you can.

Magnolia is a synth and you can fuck her also
>>
>>150216324
Yes.

Or else that would be the easiest test ever to confirm if someone is a synth or not.
>>
>>150216564
>Deacon
Deacon is a liar though.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-07-29 17-03-58-39.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-07-29 17-03-58-39.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>install Vault-Tec Workshop
>lights section missing and its just Misc Lights now
How to fix? I downloaded that Homemaker + VTW patch but it didn't do shit.
>>
File: 20160729144131_1.jpg (665KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160729144131_1.jpg
665KB, 2560x1440px
>>150216564
Deacon is in every settlement that mentions the railroad.
>>
>>150153102
Going for a new playthrough, generally I go for an even build all around and try to get 10 in everything before I go find bobbleheads etc. kinda wanna do something different, what should my special be?
Failout 4 btw
>>
>>150214453
I really like how Automatron made the Fallout 2 sentries semi-canon on the East Coast. Whenever I build one, I immediately go for the bipedal West Coast variant. Just prefer the way it looks.
>>
>>150207720
I like it, anon. How do you go over vault limit? I have been doing the slow ass drop and remove item method, and the vault is so far from being done. It is taking forever just to expand the vault as far as I can. I'm nowhere near detailing.
>>
>>150217910
I don't even remember sentry bots in Fallout 2.
>>
>>150193152
I'd start playing it now.. if I could find a torrent or download of a non-beta version of Vault Tec Workshop.
>>
File: v5.png (3MB, 1536x859px) Image search: [Google]
v5.png
3MB, 1536x859px
>>150218741
I'm using http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10455/? but it seems to be gone now. There is most likely a different one that works now.
>>
File: fo2sentry.gif (47KB, 73x89px) Image search: [Google]
fo2sentry.gif
47KB, 73x89px
>>150218776
>>
>>150154610
Redesign the game with a time limit in mind where your body starts breaking down after cryogenic stasis. Cryo is literally the only thing it shares with 4. Pre-War background is not mandatory, you could be a shmuck who got unlucky when scavenging.

A big part will be Endurance, and how much of it you chose early on or upgraded to permanently determines how much time you have.

Some SPECIAL stats go down permanently over time and your skin gradually takes on a glossy sheen and you begin losing digits then an eye than your face until you just melt altogether.

A high Int character can jury rig replacement parts. A high Charisma/ Speech character can crack jokes and subtly convince people to ignore that they're worse off than the gouls, or to just accept it and use their appearance to intimidate others with particular perks.

Medicines and chems can prolong your existence, but also gives you a greater and greater addiction the longer you keep using them until you're permanently hooked.

>TL;DR- main theme of the game is about acceptance and hell if you want your character can go through the five stages of grief. All that's really shared between everyone's PC's is that they're slowly dying
>>
>>150219759
>Redesign the game with a time limit in mind
So your saying Fallout 4 should have made the same mistake Fallout 1 did, introducing a time limit, something so hated and reviled that the Fallout 1 devs patched it out?
>>
>>150156009
>>150155779
It's like how every fucking writer after Frank Miller on Daredevil kept bringing in Elektra, ninjas, and Bullseye because Miller used them. Make up your own shit.
>>
>>150219759
I'd accept that if you could "defeat" it at the conclusion of the main quest

I like rolling new characters, but I also like to go back in on an old character and stomp around for a bit
>>
>>150219759
>adding a time limit to an open world game
wot.
>>
>>150219759
>Redesign the game with a time limit in mind where your body starts breaking down after cryogenic stasis.
This is fucking stupid and the rest of the post is worse
>>
>>150215528
-2204: Curie perfects her cure for all known disease and awaits further orders from Vault-Tec.

-2242: Armitage and A3-21(Harkness) are built by The Institute.

-2278: Oywn Lyons and his daughter Sarah Lyons die, throwing the Eastern BoS leadership into chaos.

-2280: BoS send thier first squad into the Commonwealth. They return loaded with technology and historical documents.

-2283: Arthur Maxson becomes the leader of the Eastern BoS after negotiating the return of the BoS Outcasts.

-2284: BoS send their second squad into the Commonweatlh. All but Paladin Brandis are quickly killed off, and contact is lost.
>>
>>150218776
I remember a sentry bot type robot with legs in fallout 2. In the storage area in the toxic gecko cave.
>>
>>150213126
The DLC is not worth 70 dollars
It is sold for 70 dollars
there is a difference
>>
>>150220687
>The DLC is not worth 70 dollars
Opinion.

I think Far Harbor and Autmatron were fine for their price.

And the only problem I have with the workshop DLC were that they were sold separately instead of as one big bundle. A singular 15 dollar DLC with all the features of all three workshop DLCs looks and sound far more attractive then the three 5 dollar DLc we got.
>>
File: 2015-12-08_00014.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-08_00014.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>150216537

>Metallica

Well, it's the thought that counts I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diUkiTs1gxM
>>
File: 20160731202326_1.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731202326_1.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 23902624-1469986502.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
23902624-1469986502.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>nexus
>>
File: 1466631516852.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466631516852.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>kill someone in power armor with a non explosive weapon
>the go flying away
>kill someone in power armor with an explosive weapon
>they fall over flat
>>
File: 1469755691964.png (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469755691964.png
61KB, 500x500px
>>150221504
>that fucking bone structure and expression
It's like they've never seen a human being before. 10/10
>>
File: 20160728140656_1.jpg (237KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160728140656_1.jpg
237KB, 2560x1440px
>>150221301
So the Creator of Molly Malone are you going to start a new run?
>>
>>150215528
This actually makes me realize we know very little about the Mojave's history.

I honestly dont think we are ever told when any town except Vegas was founded.

Its basically just one giant b all of nothing from when the war happens until the NCR arrived like 10 years before the game begins, outside of the boomers founding Nellis.
>>
File: 4994909-1469998264.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4994909-1469998264.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>150221504
>>
>>150222693
Yes you are. Pay attention. Mr house saved a portion of vegas using a defense system, went into a coma, and slept for a few decades. In the meanwhile, savages and raiders lived in the ruins of vegas until house woke up, and exterminated most of them, and recruited the chairmen. NCR came around the same time and house has been collecting all the caps he can get from NCR citizens and soilders for 5 years.
>>
>>150223146
>Yes you are. Pay attention
Nothing you said has anything to do with my point.

In fact, your summary is exactly what I am talking about.

All it is is this general
>some tribals were around yeah!
with no real hard dates on anything
>>
>>150223286
Who gives a shit. Those tribes were small, unimportant, and savage. They just occupied abandoned buildings and did what they had to to survive. Then they were killed by house.
>>
NV timeline
-2077: Great War. House deflects most of the missiles heading to Vegas and falls into a coma.

-2138: House regains consciousness

-2231: Boomers found Nellis. Caesar is given to the Followers

-2247: Swallow, Calhoun, and graham are sent east to study the tribes there. Events lead Swallow to become Caesar and conquering the tribes.

-2272: NCR establishes the Mojave outpost. entering the Mojave area

-2277: First battle of Hoover Dam

comparatively, the Nv timeline is pretty slim and blank.
>>
>>150221005
>Opinion.
widely shared opinion
#steamreviews
>>
>>150223536
>Then they were killed by house.
House didn't kill any of the, he recruit three of them to become his three families, the rest became the local populations of the New Vegas slums like Freeside, Westside, and North Vegas
>>
File: 20160408001953_1.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160408001953_1.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>>150222471

Aye, but bugger me, I know not if I've the patience for it.

I lost Starlight City, I lost my boss ass Castle, I lost the Wonky Rocket. It's just a game, but still, all that progress and just, pop. Disheartening as fuck.
>>
>>150154182
They all were.

>Dead Money was a statement about the fans
>Honest Hearts was a statement about the dangers of good intentions, like reviving a classic RPG series
>Old World Blues was a statement about the the inability to learn from history, or never understanding it in the first place
>Lonesome Road was about the consequences of complacency
>>
>>150224083
>-2138: House regains consciousness
This actually makes me wonder, what WAS House doing for 134 years that he never tried to establish Vegas in any sort of way, despite that being his one wish?
>>
>>150190681
It's a fucking grenade what did you expect to happen
>>
>>150224313
>Dead Money was a statement about the fans
>Honest Hearts was a statement about the dangers of good intentions, like reviving a classic RPG series
>Old World Blues was a statement about the the inability to learn from history, or never understanding it in the first place
>Lonesome Road was about the consequences of complacency
This is all one hilarious conspiracy theory.
>>
>>150224240
If that's the case, you already know what happened, so who cares.
>>
>>150224408
He was in a coma and trying to get things running again.
>>150224572
The major theme of the game is letting go. Which is why getting a character to let go is usually seen as the right thing to do.
>>
>>150224838
Because its sad to not know the history of a place, as knowing the history makes it far more real and/ believable.

I would have loved to knw when Goodsprings, Primm, Nipton, Novac, and the others were refounded.

If the people there are descendants from people who survived the war or if they were people from the outside who traveled there.

How their ancestors survived immediately after the war and whatnot.
>>
>>150225028
>He was in a coma and trying to get things running again.
>He was in a coma
>>150224083
>-2138: House regains consciousness

No he wasn't, he woke up in 2138, I asked what was he doing between then and 2272-77
>>
File: 1467337925850.gif (555KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1467337925850.gif
555KB, 500x498px
>>150220459
I mean, it's pretty stupid that they don't explain why cryogenic stasis suddenly works when it didn't in Fallout 2. Using it as a mechanic would also make for a more engaging story element than your son, because you have more of an incentive.

It could also probably work as an isometric game, but the visualization and impact of the degeneration strikes me more as something better suited for a first/third person game.
>>
>>150216767
I use the settlement keywords extended, and it seems to work perfectly so far
mileage may vary on the mod though, as some report that it breaks everything involved
>>
>>150225028
>The major theme of the game is letting go. Which is why getting a character to let go is usually seen as the right thing to do.
Which has nothing to do with the conspiracy I mentioned, i.e. that all of them were related to the Fallout series in the real world, and not just typical Obsidian pseudo-intellectual point pushing.
>>
>>150225212
>He was trying to get things running again
After he woke up, this is exactly as he tells you, he battled energy shortages and system failures.
>>
>>150225258
>I mean, it's pretty stupid that they don't explain why cryogenic stasis suddenly works when it didn't in Fallout 2.
Not him, but I think its stupid to take that one instance as an example of
>THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS EVERY TIME!

Vault-Tec was, in many ways, miles ahead of the military in terms of technology.
>>
>>150225048
I don't know. I feel like that ruins the point of humanity moving forward and not dwelling on the past.
>>
>>150225258
>If it failed once it will always fail
You're fucking dumb. Stop posting.
>>
>>150225449
And he doesn't imply it took him literally a century+ to do so.

Which gives him decades of just sitting around on his ass doing knowing, making his plans that much harder to achieve.
>>
>>150225354
>Obsidian pusedo-intellectual point pushing
Sorry it's not le whacky 50s Anon.
>>
>>150225258
Fallout 2's cryognics was based on suspending someone in bio-med gel.

Fallout 4's cryogenic are actual cryogenics that doesn't use bio-med gel.
>>
>>150225258
this is the gayest shit I've ever seen posted in this general
>>
>>150225658
I think he was planning what to do and coping with the fact that his precious vegas was dead. But I don't know.
>>
>>150225651
Okay.
>>
>fallout 4 has mixed reviews
>no one ever plays games with mixed reviews
I have been telling you for the past year it was a shit game and you didnt listen. You didnt listen. And worse of all, bethesdadrones will defend this piece of horrible shit. Whats your defense loser faggots?
>>
>>150225915
>>150225658
Actually, this whole "plot hole" stems fro mthe fact that orignally New Vegas was going to take place MUCH earlier in the timeline, between Fallout 2 and Fallout 3, but they they moved it to being post Fallout 3, and never updated the timeline to work with that.

Sawyer admitted that many things such as House doing nothing for long, as well as House being able to near magically entirely destroying the Three Families tribal cultures so well in just 7 years are accidents of them quickly shifting the timeline around.

Sawyer says that even they saw it, but at the point they noticed it, it was too late to go and change it
>>
>>150226130
>no one ever plays games with mixed reviews
>Fallout 4 is still one of the top 10 most played games on Steam
>usually the most played single player only game as well.
>no one plays
>>
It really annoys the shit out of me that the Prydwen only appears after you kill Kellogg. There should have been an alternate way to make it appear, such as doing X amount of Radiant Quests for Danse and co. at Cambridge.
>>
>>150226130
Fo4 is current 11th place on steam with 37k players playing. The only games above it are ones with multiplayer like dota or csgo, or ones that updated recently like Starbound.
>>
>>150226162
Neat.
>>
File: 377160_20160731174414_1.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160731174414_1.png
1MB, 1280x720px
This is the biggest fucking radroach I've ever seen
>>
>>150227371
that ones extra big for some reason
>>
File: 20160529230112_1.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160529230112_1.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
>>150227371
meh
>>
File: 1406014323007.jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1406014323007.jpg
52KB, 720x960px
Where can i get glass in the vault tec workshop, i can't seem to find any.
>>
>>150227629
For windows?

Its for some odd reason under the door catagory
>>
>>150200060
>every single faction needs you to do everything for them

You weren't there when the NCR held the dam, you weren't there when House rehabilitated the vegas tribals and you weren't there when Ceaser conquered all of Arizona

You're just there to push the odds
>>
>>150227781
>You're just there to push the odds
I would have preferred it if we saw the factions do more on their own.

One of the things I really liked about Fallout 3 and 4 was that you could see BoS out in the world doing stuff.

I know the NCR is
>LEL HOLDING PATTERN!
But even the Legion barely DOES anything in-game themselves. Like, outside of that one small group of Legion soldiers who attack that caravan near that bridge, and the infrequent attack on Forlorn hope, no one really does anything in-game, and becomes something of a drag when you feel like you are winning the war for them single singlehandedly.
>>
File: 1187923162041.jpg (22KB, 425x406px) Image search: [Google]
1187923162041.jpg
22KB, 425x406px
>Codsworth follows me underwater
>His thruster is still burning
Is this Fallout or Spongebob fucking Squarepants?
>>
File: 20160731230911_1.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731230911_1.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
That broad puts the "handy" back in "handy woman"!
>>
>>150228063
What about the leigon crucifying NCR soilders in a town? Or blowing up the monorail? Those seem like big fucking events. There was even an Anon whining yesterday that the Leigon was behind every thing
>Fallout 3
You mean the times they were there for scripted events?
>>
>>150228076
>implying its impossible to have a flame underwater
>>
>>150228063
>Ceasefire stalemate

>waaan why nuffing happen
>>
>>150228491
>What about the leigon crucifying NCR soilders in a town?
Not something they do in-game, its something thats just there from game start.

>Or blowing up the monorail?
Again, not not active event.

>You mean the times they were there for scripted events?
both scripted events, random encounters.

There's a number of BoS outposts in Downtown D.C. where you can find them fighting super mutants, outcast patrols can be found all over the wasteland looking for tech, once the Enclave show up, they get outposts all over the wastes, theres scripted events of them carpet bombing groups like Talon company, and they also gettign added to random event tables, so you can find patrols fighting shit over the wastes as well.

It was all very active, stuff was happening all the time outside of quests.
>>
>>150228063
>No one does anything!
>Well except for this thing
>And this other thing
>but you get the idea, no one does anything!
lel
>>
>>150228502
>Ceasefire
Not him, but there is no ceasefire between the NCr or Legion at any point in the game
>>
File: load order.png (38KB, 477x1039px) Image search: [Google]
load order.png
38KB, 477x1039px
How do i know how to arrange my load order
>>
>>150228890
There is, otherwise Legion would've taken over a long time ago

Petty raids like Searchlight, Nipton and Station charlie don't count really
>>
>>150228969
http://pastebin.com/9TsiJ4DH
>>
>>150229060
>There is, otherwise Legion would've taken over a long time ago
There isn't, as nothing says or suggests this.

The fact the Legion is actively raiding and destroying NCR bases proves otherwise.

Legion soldiers actively attack Forlorn Hope on a daily basis.
>>
File: 1466950868148.png (102KB, 294x260px) Image search: [Google]
1466950868148.png
102KB, 294x260px
>>150228969
check the 3/NV pastebin in the OP
Bugfixes/UI at the top
Lighting mods at the bottom
also
>no dlc
the game is somewhat trash without it
>>
>>150229272
the DLC are just quests no? I'll do them after my character is leveled more. Not worrying about that now
>>
>>150226130
I still enjoy it. Just not as much as I did at first.
>>
File: 20160731224351_1.jpg (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731224351_1.jpg
359KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>150227562
>>150227371
I remember one time I was playing Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360 and I wish I'd picked up my phone and gotten proof of it...
I must've found some kind of bug or something because I was getting the agility bobblehead in that radioactive waste yard and there was a radroach literally the size of a large truck.
I didn't even know what I was seeing at first.
>>
File: 20160731225657_1.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731225657_1.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
>>150229459
>>
>>150219250
The only one I have been able to find required is around a year old and requires cheat engine, which I can't even download because of all the adware integral to that.
>>
>>150229459
>Desk clipping through stair rails

RUINED

RUIIIIIIIIIIINED
>>
File: 20160731224447_1.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731224447_1.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
>>150229679
>>
>>150228752
>BoS outposts killing supermutants
NPCs that are hostile to each other will kill eachother. It's not really a random event.
>Outcasts wandering
That was pretty cool when I first saw them, but you can't interact with them
>Enclave outposts
That doesn't happen in game either
I do like the random encounters in f3 though.
>>
can anyone tell me how to modify armor values on a piece of clothing? just downloaded something from the nexus that gives you 200 armor even though it's just clothes
>>
>>150229987
>That doesn't happen in game either
Not him but there are Enclave outposts, I don't think they show up until Broken Steel starts though.
>>
>>150229230
>Leigon captures NCR soilders and crucified them
>NCR and Leigon won't make a move first
>Hurr no stalemates
>>
>>150229272
How so?
>>150230101
It's not an in game event though. It scripted to happen after you buy the dlc.
>>
>>150229987
>That doesn't happen in game either
Yes it does

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_Enclave_outposts_and_camps
>>
File: 20160731225143_1.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731225143_1.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>150229868
>>
>>150230525
>>150230525
>>150230525
Migrate whenever
>>
>>150230179
Yes, Boone and others explain this. The Legion tortures captives in sight of NCR positions to demoralize them, and so that NCR troops will be hesitant to go in and get their comrades killed. That's exactly what happens at Nelson. There was no truce, the Ranger on sight actively wanted to take the town back, but couldn't because the troopers refused to go in while there were hostages and he had no authority to make them do it.
>>
>>150230315
>It's not an in game event though. It scripted to happen after you buy the dlc.
The Enclave outposts show up immediately after the Enclave chase you out of Project Purity

You dont need the DLC for them
>>
>>150230390
>Pipe weapons and baseball bats
>>
>>150230315
>how so
theres a shit ton of guns and recipes that are in the dlc

also the quests for them are all great

the game itself is a little lacking without them
>>
>>150153959
nope
>>
>>150231270
It's pretty good without them. The exceptions being couriers stash and gunrunners arsenal, for energy weapon variety, but the game isn't bad without them either.
>>
>>150222870
That's better than a lot of NEXUS posted here, at least
>>
>>150228076
>What is underwater welding
Thruster fuel is generally self-oxidizing
>>
File: What The Fuck.jpg (15KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
What The Fuck.jpg
15KB, 320x220px
>>150221005
>>150220687
>i somehow got the DLC for free and have been playing Far Harbor and Mechanist without even knowing it was DLC
Thread posts: 776
Thread images: 123

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.