[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization, and 4x General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 111

File: 1469427366290.jpg (292KB, 634x432px) Image search: [Google]
1469427366290.jpg
292KB, 634x432px
He Knows What He's Doing Edition

>Stellaris OP
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>[YouTube] CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
http://pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

He thought he knew what he was doing: >>149269776
>>
>>149673280
>make a new thread
>people post in the old thread telling me to go ahead and make the new one
>they don't post in the new thread
Epic
>>
>>149673280
>>149673657
Why is this so Epic?
>>
File: Fallen Empires.jpg (148KB, 479x839px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen Empires.jpg
148KB, 479x839px
You have angered the Fallen Empire. Prepare to face their wrath.
>>
>>149674345
Thank you! Finally sleep is possible.
>>
WHAT A DAY
TODAY WE DIE
I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING
>>
File: mad scientist station.jpg (189KB, 808x808px) Image search: [Google]
mad scientist station.jpg
189KB, 808x808px
>>149676153
It is the path you chose; now you must walk it alone
because I'm off to work now.
>>
>>149676556
But it's fucking 11:45 PM here and I want to sleep
>>
>>149676595
I'm here for about 6 more hours, I'll be afk for a while but I can probably bump it if it gets close to death zone
The thread will probably get alive in American hours anyway
>>
>>149676982
Go on and do it
Jesus
>>
>>149673280
10/10 nice OP picture.
>>
So when are they releasing Civ VI? I quit my job to have nothing to distract me from Civ VI the rest of the year and to get some time to play Stellaris.
>>
>>149677154
Hardly. One anon1 fucked up his game and anon2 got butthurt because anon1 didn't take his advice and began spamming the thread. It's cringy.
>>
>>149677416
October I think. But I'll assume it won't be playable at the release desu, XCOM 2 is also made by Firaxis, right? I haven't played it yet but I didn't hear good things about its performances and bugs
>>
>>149677532
>he knows what he's doing
I saved this one because someone requested it as OP image and the anon1 in question was being an idiot, he literally went and said >my placement is perfect.
>>
>>149677532
So you're saying he didn't know what he was doing?
>>
>>149677737
>anon1 places a city and posts screenshot
>anon2 says anon1 should have placed the city somewhere else
>anon1 says the placement is fine given the circumstances
>anon1 says he lost
>anon2 spams the thread for the next hour making image after image mocking anon1 just because anon1 didn't take anon2's advice, as if that city placement lost him the game
Cringy, as, fuck, senpai. Even for /4xg/.
>>
>>149678129
No, we told him why he was wrong and he literally refused to listen and kept telling us his placement was flawless.
>>
>The CIV VI civs "unintentional" leak was real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eINr4EqAkSc
>>
>>149678576
What you don't get is that doesn't even matter. It was one city and even if it was placed incorrectly it didn't necessarily lose the anon the game. I don't play CBP so for all I know anon1 was right. Maye cities on the coast are more vulnerable early on in CBP than vanilla. Fact is, anon2 got offended and then spent an hour of his life doing nothing but spamming /4xg/ and creating images because some random ass anon didn't place his city where he told him to place it.

Fuck, anon1 sounded downright polite towards the end. Even offered anon2 an apology. Anon2 stopped spamming at that point but I'll be damned if we celebrate him as he spans the next thread with his autism.
>>
>>149679237
It's literally not just one anon though. Quite a few people found anon1's berserk defense of his own city placement amusing.
Are you him? It was like three images, get over it.
No I am not him, I was asleep when it happened.
>>
>>149678129
Anon1, please.
We get it, you're butthurt.
>>
Video reveals that China's unique agenda is the "Wall of 10,000 Lis"

I guess China just wants to build a big wall to keep everyone out, and otherwise stay mildly isolationist. Or this could just be their "I want to have all the wonders" agenda that was advertised, plus a few extra things
>>
>>149679114
These models make me want to kill myself. Can't watch the video right now, what are the uniques?
>>
>>149679998
WE WILL BUILD A WALL
AND WE WILL HAVE THE XIONGNU PAY FOR IT
>>
>>149680472

>Leader: Catherine de Medici

>National Ability: Grand Tour - Gain a bonus when constructing midgame wonders. Gain extra tourism for every wonder. (Two examples of the midgame wonders shown at 0:22 are the Venetian Arsenal and Mont Saint-Michel)

>Leader Ability: Ladies-in-waiting - Gain additional diplomatic information for every foreign civilization met. Researching Castles yields an additional spy.

>Unique Unit: Garde Impériale - Gain a bonus when fighting on the home continent of France, and garner Great General points from kills.

>Unique Infrastructure: Château - Must be built near a river. Provides culture, and special bonuses for being in the vicinity of wonders.
>>
>>149680881
Looks like Garde Imperiale is a natural counter to America.
>>
>>149681223
Isn't it England? IIRC, England gains bonuses on combat on other continents whereas America gains bonus on combat on their own continent
>>
>>149681361
>>149681223
It will depend on where you and them spawn anyway
>>
>>149681423
It makes a huge difference in TSL games desu
>>
>>149681361
I mean if both are on the same continent ofc
England is best for attacking the Americans and French while the Americans and French are best for defending against the English if they're on different continents.

>>149680881
>Intelligence
Probably going to depend on how important intel actually is
>>
>>149679353
I don't play CBP so assuming anon2 did play CBP a lot and knew what he was talking about, anon1 said he didn't even have problems with the city in question so it's a nonissue. Furthermore, anon1 was downright polite towards the end and anon2 kept on spamming. And yes, it was spam of the highest order. 3 images and like a dozen text posts that weren't discussion in the slightest.

So let's assume anon1 is a newb and was wrong. The worst he is guilty of is being cocky. Assuming anon1 wasn't lying and didn't lose the city in question due to sucky placement, anon2 is was flat out wrong to claim his advice would have saved him the game. And regardless, he had no right to get so offended that he should flood the general with a dozen posts.

I'd rather have polite newbs who discuss what they did on this board rather than cringe autists who stop listening and spam insults and then drag their autism to the next thread as if it's some ebin new maymay.
>>
>>149680472
I like it. It's a well done caricature. If you know the person it is based off of even in passing you can tell who it is by the exaggerated features. It's like C:IV but without the swollen heads.
>>
>>149681663
>a dozen posts
I guarantee you that there was more than one or even two people involved in posting He Knows What He Is Doing.

As OP I wasn't even around for it and used it because someone asked for it, and from what I can tell it wasn't 'cringe worthy', just dragged on a bit. Anon 1 was being an imbecile pure and simple, Anon 2 looked like he doing bantz.
>>
>>149681561

Apparently, intelligence allows you to catch sensitive information like civilizations preparing for war, starting to build/currently building wonders, preparing to settle/just settled

Also the free Spy at Castle technology sounds like Vox Populi's English UA which gets a Spy LONG before other civs get to unlock it (Renaissance). If it's still before other civs, it could be powerful. If it's also Civ:BE style espionage, you could rape civs in the style of the ARC
>>
>>149677730
XCOM 2 had fuckawful performance on launch and a few minor bugs, but they sorted that shit out in a few weeks.

The game itself was quite functional and complete, though.
>>
>>149677730
>>149682213
Yup, XCOM 2 was buggy at launch, but they've since fixed that, and the game itself is complete; some of the interface stuff is annoying, like how grenades tend to snap to tiles, but that stuff is easily fixed with just a few mods. Moreover, the game is fun from the start and stays fun (aside from the frustration of losing soldiers because you screwed up, but that's XCOM, baby.)
It's certainly a far sight better than what's been done with games like Stellaris; XCOM 2 had all it's parts, there were just some bugs where a few of those pieces fit together. Stellaris just had the puzzle's boundaries; most of the center pieces were missing or "not included yet."
>>
>>149682213
Nigga please. Firaxis know what they're doing.

Unlike Paradox.
>>
File: civ6-victoria.jpg (116KB, 472x353px) Image search: [Google]
civ6-victoria.jpg
116KB, 472x353px
>>149673280
>>[YouTube] CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer
Nice link there
>>
>>149683306
That's such bullshit desu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0
>>
>>149682891
>xcom
>fun
i want to like xcom but holy hell i find it boring as fuck
It's just the same thing over and over
>>
>>149681861
There was certainly at least a third anon involved in the situation, as anon1 was actually defending his actions with someone as anon2 spammed the board. The fact remains though that anon1 and anon3 were relatively polite while anon2 just spammed and created those images. Anon2 said anon1 was being rude and anon1 offered a fucking apology, which you don't see very often on 4chan. I assume the offer of an apology motivated anon2 to stop spamming.

I'm not going to fucking herald some anon who gets offended at the drop of a hat and then spams /4xg/ for an hour and when offered an olive branch fucking leaves, and neither should you. I'm flabbergasted you would think otherwise.

I take it you were there. Do you play CBP? From what I can tell, city placement wasn't even an issue. Anon1 claimed he didn't even lose the city. Now either anon1 is a liar and he lost the city due to placement, he didn't lose the city but still made the bad choice of not putting it on the water because CBP doesn't make cities more vulnerable early game, or anon1 wasn't lying and cities are vulnerable and anon2 was completely wrong in claiming that he lost the game because of the city placement. Anon1 claimed he got attacked from the other side of the map or some shit.

I don't know why I'm even discussing this. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if it all stayed in the last thread. I just hate it when assholes are celebrated. It's shit like that that ruins communities. Also this adderall I took probably has something to do with me being willing to put a few hundred words into this topic.

Glad /4xg/ is bumping though.
>>
>>149683503
Holy shit wall of text
>I take it you were there
No, I'm OP and didn't come onto the thread until after the entire discussion.
Wait until the adderall wears off, you're getting way too assblasted over this, he wasn't even being a dick by /4xg/ standards let alone 4chan ones.
>>
>>149683503
Please, anon1. Stop embarrassing yourself.
We all know you know what you were doing. Getting angry over this isn't going to help.
>>
>>149677256
From what I've seen half of the stuff CBP says don't work lad
>>
>>149683652
I'll keep it short then. He argument for why anon1 lost was flawed, he got assblasted himself because anon1 didn't take his advice, and then he dedicated an hour of his life spamming /4xg/ and creating those images.

You are right, that's level of cringe isn't unheard of. But I wouldn't be typing this if that was the only problem. The problem is that anons in this thread are celebrating the cunt. Leave it in the last thread. In a few hours he will be back and see your noble defense of him and go right back to being a cunt, expecting us all to listen to him, and to suffer his autism when we don't and pat him on the back when it's all said in done.
>>
>>149683503
Ok anon.. I dunno 4? I understand your anger and its ok to type it out but I think you need to calm down now.
>>
>>149684923
Again you seem incredibly fucking angry for no reason. The second anon didn't seem to be assblasted, just amused.
>>
>>149683652
See >>149684775, and >>149679812
See what I'm talking about?

>Someone isn't patting me on the back for being a cunt who spams the board when someone doesn't take my advice?! Must be a samefag!
That's not the kind of posters we want.
>>
>>149684989
But Onee-chan, if a random person over the Internet who is obviously unbiased tells you that an Anon who made a minor meme out of someone else's fucks-up after being arrogant tells you that this Anon was assblasted, he's obviously right.

Why else would you laugh at someone's arrogant phrase right before he fucked up?
>>
File: 1469427049055.jpg (474KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469427049055.jpg
474KB, 1280x720px
>>149685223
>we
Nigga please. You're not speaking for anyone but you here. You're the only one actually offended.
>>
>>149685229
Because oneechan wants his dick <3

>>149685223
That's not that kind of posters YOU want. There's at least two people who don't agree with you besides me, as >>149685478 isn't me and >>149684948 is a new IP.
>>
File: 1469428168686.jpg (450KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469428168686.jpg
450KB, 1280x720px
At any rate, I saved the pictures from the last thread.

Let this be a lesson : if you ask for help, don't shit on the people actually helping you.
>>
File: LWSwZDb.jpg (177KB, 501x347px) Image search: [Google]
LWSwZDb.jpg
177KB, 501x347px
FAGGOTS STFU ABOUT THREAD DRAMAS REEEEE(Really not feeling like making an OC now and this pic is the closest civ-meme frog pic I have, so it will have to do for now)

Let's calm down, post pics of your current games
>>
>>149685641
If you're pretending to be OP, you're not.
>>
>>149685641
If he was being a cunt I'd agree with you. But anon1 was the polite one. Anon2 was getitng assblasted for no reason.
>>
>>149684923
>>149685768
>implying
You're a fucking retard.
I am the one who made all these pictures last thread, and I don't know what exactly you did. All I know is that you acted all haughty and pretentious, got your shit pushed in, and it was fucking hilarious.
The fact that you keep whining while pretending to be someone else only makes you even more pathetic when you were when you keep yapping that your city placement was "perfect" and that you knew what you were doing, even when it was painfully obvious that it wasn't the case.
>>
>>149685768
Anon 2 was being 'rude', not 'assblasted'. There is a huge difference. Anon 1, polite or not, attacked the people who tried to give the advice HE asked for.
>>
>>149685768
Yeah I'm getitng assblasted. Anybody would be getitng assblasted.
>>
>>149684923
>He argument for why anon1 lost was flawed
How though? City placement is a huge thing, you can actually lose games for it especially that early.
>>
File: 1469430783830.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469430783830.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>149685983
Nigga please.

>>149685712
>implying you need to be OP to master the art of saving pictures
>>
>someone made a new thread when old one wasn't dead yet
bravo

reposting here because other Anon kindly told me there was a new thread:

How come Civ V seems to be the universally preferred game here in /4xg/? It's unplayably annoying to me, coming as a newbie Civ IV (80-ish hours) player

The graphics, interface etc. all reek of overdesigned and completely nonfunctional garbage that only morons could have designed and greenlit in Civ V. It tries to look good but it just looks like shit. It's like the designers have never heard of good UI design principles. Everything is done for you, so you have to go look up a fucking guide on what hidden "streamlining" is done for the sake of cattle so you can disable it.

Especially being unable to manually change keybindings. That pisses me off greatly. Having to use AHK to get wasd to be panning buttons is unacceptable.
I already use vim, I refuse to fucking learn another key layout system for a fucking TURN-BASED game, and using the mouse for everything is ridiculously unergonomic when I have an entire other hand ready to rock but only useful for jerking off without customized keybinds

Civ V's GUI is an affront to humanity.
I don't know about its gameplay because I don't want to stick around long enough to bother.

The absence of borderless windowed, and the use of third party tools to provide said mode causing a cursor offset is just...
that shit's Jap-tier coding
>>
>>149686161
>Nigga please.
>put the starting city in the wrong spot
>not fucking terrible
It wasn't his first but misplacing early cities is huge.

>implying you need to be OP
I meant because I claimed to have only saved the pictures.
>>
>>149686162
Nice pasta. Where did you stole it?
>>
>>149685830
I just checked. Anon1 didn't ask for advice. >>149518941

Why are you such a cunt? Just because he didn't take your advice after the fact?

>le samefag
Fuck off. I'm not defending some anon. Anon1 was probably totally wrong. I'm calling you out for being a cunt who hijacked the thread because you got offended for no reason and then expect everyone to suck your cock for it.
>>
>>149686162
>someone made a new thread when old one wasn't dead yet
>bravo
Yeah I did you massive fuckwit because I wanted to be able to go to sleep soon as it is now 02:00 (obviously I didn't, been reading manga like an idiot), and literally every time I neglected making a new thread for 4xg you idiots went and died instead of making a new one.
>>
>>149686312
Civ V objectively has garbage graphic design and user interface design. That's not exactly a death knell itself; Civ IV isn't nearly as pretty, but at least it's intuitive. It's still not gonna make me jizz with excitement, but it doesn't give me a hernia at least
>>
>>149686397
Wow, you really are a retard. Get some reading comprehension, re-read my post, then MAYBE I'll bother answering you, Mister "I'm Totally Not That Guy But I Like The Taste Of His Semen".
>>
>>149686397
I'm not involved in this shit right now but here:
You are literally the only one butthurt over this and YOU are now the anon spamming the thread.
Just let go, memes like this are usually short lived and if they're long-lived then well who cares it's a fucking meme
>>
>>149686461
Someone sounds like they're overly defensive and a bit of a wuss, especially considering the other thread was up long enough for people to post in it without dying
You making a new thread isn't important, much like you yourself aren't very important

smileywithtthecaratnose.txt
>>
It's unfair to compare Civ IV and Civ V because Civ IV is clearly one of (if not) the best 4x game ever created and everybody involved with either game knew that.
>>
>someone made 4 pictures last thread to mock a retard
>retard has been spamming the thread even since
Gee, I wonder who's the shitposter.
>>
>>149685983
Anon1 claimed that he didn't even lose the city in question. Apparently he just idiotically forgot Shaka couldn't expand so much that he can bypass his haughty choke point. That one city placement is therefore moot.

Unless CBP does something radical to the a city, placement on the coast doesn't mean much other than making bank on sea trade routes and the extra food from sea tiles.
>>
>>149686487
>>149686162
I will however look into the Enhanced UI mod. I checked the Workshop but didn't find something like that in the top rated, and since I don't follow Civ too closely I took "Civ VI mods" at face value, forgetting Civ VI isn't out yet, so I didn't check the pastebin before
>>
>>149686624
I asked if I should make a new thread though and received affirmatives you imbecile posting pasta.
>I'm not important
Yeah I'm not, but neither are you, and my experiences shows that the thread dies if I don't make one.
>>
>>149686773
But Onee-chan, if that Anon says you needed his opinion before making a new thread, then you should believe him.
He's so important, after all.
>>
>>149686716

[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>149686838
But oneechan doesn't want his dick
>>
>>149686773
>>I asked if I should make a new thread though and received affirmatives you imbecile posting pasta.
Good job on listening to what other people tell you without thinking for yourself. Maybe take this to heart as well: your a fagpot

Making a new thread when the old one reaches bump limit isn't exactly rocket science
>>
>>149686945
Nigga please. We know what we're doing.
>>
>>149686875
Civ V is not a bad game by any means, it is a great game, I love it, but Civ IV is a superior and more dynamic 4x experience whereas Civ 5 seems a little too stuck with certain play styles and whatnot.
>>
>>149686602
You're right. But it astounds me why anons are supporting that cunt. You can tell when he showed up. He just started spamming nonarguments about me being assblasted. It was the same quality of posts last night that I caught the tail end of.

So long as he doesn't continue to shit up the board demanding that everyone listen to him I don't have a problem dropping it. I wanted a nice peaceful day playing CiV and posting on /4xg/ and got a little miffed when anons tried transplanting a flamewar from the last thread. That's like rule 1 of generals.
>>
>>149686945
>Good job on listening to what other people tell you without thinking for yourself.
I personally felt like making a new thread and simply asked if it would be acceptable to make one before bump limit, which is contrary to convention. If it were over the bump limit, I'd have posted it right away.
Calm your ass and go play C2C or something, it's a good mod. Take EUI or just the CBP and go for it, it does help quite a bit (although some problems remain including the general style).
What the fuck is with all the baiters today anyway, was my OP that disagreeable? Should I just stick to anime pictures?
>>
>>149687201
Anon you're awfully grumpy for an offhanded comment consisting in its entirety of "bravo", you're the one that started flinging shit when someone innocuously commented on the disregard of board convention based entirely on a bunch of other chucklefucks also disregarding board convention
>>
>>149687201
Don't answer to it.

>>149687169
>He just started spamming nonarguments about me being assblasted
Funny, from my perspective, you have been the one constantly whining about another anon being "assblasted".

And remember that you don't make the rules. We'll keep making fun of you if we feel like it.
>>
File: 20160717143023_1.jpg (504KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160717143023_1.jpg
504KB, 1920x1080px
>>149687169
Look
I don't know if you think the OP was transplanting or made by your anon2 but I literally didn't even know what the argument was about, I just saw someone requesting the next OP image and named it after what was in the image.
Now seriously, post some stuff or other memes, I have nothing to post.
>>
>>149687201
>>149687369
What are you two even arguing?
>>
>>149687201
>Should I just stick to anime pictures?
Yes. But dont worry too much about it.

No other anon complained about the thread being early and Im pretty sure the majority is secretly thankful to our Oneechan for doing the tedious work of making new threads and having to deal with people disagreeing with OP pictures.
>>
>>149681895
I believe Ed Beech said he wanted to make espionage more 'exciting' (his exact wording was that spies would get to do James Bond-esque missions), referencing BE's espionage system as an example.

I'm surprised they gave France the spy bonuses instead of Russia though.
>>
>>149687443
He thinks I'm an ass for starting a new thread early. Maybe I am, seeing as I'm still awake and it caused a shitstorm to erupt.
>>
>>149687392
Use >>149686161 as the next OP, please. It's worth it just to trigger the SJW refugee.

>>149687443
Some Anon is whining that the new thread was made early because he had to copypaste his shitty comment about how his tastes are better.
>>
>>149687389
>you don't make the rules
Yeah, hence why meta discussion is necessary to maintain the health of a community. A good general follows informal rules that aren't strictly part of 4chan's ruleobook.
>>
>>149687563
I'll consider it if no other fresh memes or suitable images show up but I don't like to repeat OP images, it feels forced imo.
>>
>>149687531
I literally just said "someone made a new thread when the old one wasn't dead yet, bravo"
You then responded calling me "a massive fuckwit" and an idiot and rampant blogposting as if I took a shit in your mother's burial urn

I'm not even sure why you were so mad
>>
File: 242941_v1.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
242941_v1.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>149687679
>implying
Let me say it again because you sound like a moron : YOU DON'T MAKE THE RULES.
You're just a little piece of shit endlessly whining because someone made fun of your stupidity and arrogance in the last thread.

>>149687706
What about this, then? It's as fun.
>>
There seems to be a lot of multi-IP samefagging itt.

If you have to rely on samefagging, and worse, multi-IP samefagging to literally bully other anons into leaving, maybe your opinions are shit.
>>
>>149687740
Sorry mate. The guy memeing on me 'transplanting' the flamewar pissed me off and then your pasta didn't really help (since you didn't even ask for suggestions, it just felt like you wanted to shit on something)
I probably overreacted.

>>>>149687679
Yeah and you're obviously alone in your opinion. Deal with it or just shut up already, are you the sakurafag from /nsung/ too or is this what summer feels like these days, "polite" people hellbent on getting people to agree with them while preaching tolerance?

>>149687842
Eh we'll see, I pick images when I make the thread anyway. Preferably related to the general desu.
>>
File: smug claymation girl.jpg (17KB, 259x270px) Image search: [Google]
smug claymation girl.jpg
17KB, 259x270px
>that fucking face
>>
File: 1468785195908.png (453KB, 1152x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468785195908.png
453KB, 1152x800px
>>149687963
If you need one, I can probably make a picture.
>>
>>149687842
>calls me an idiot
>states something I just fucking said as if I didn't say it
wew

>MORON PIECE OF SHIT ENDLESSLY WHINING ARROGANT STUPID...
Quality post there, senpai.
>>
>>149687984
>dude this person can't even speak French lmao what a faggot
>I bet he's a eunuch too and his 'children' are just his wive's kids

>>149688085
Nah, I have a lot of pictures if I just need a random one.
>>
>>149688115
>strawmanning
Nice lad.

>whines about being called an idiot
>right after calling half the thread "cunts"
Nice, lad. I don't even need to comment, you shot yourself in the foot so magnificienly.
>>
>>149688214
>strawmanning
idtimwytim
>>
>>149688134
You know, if I knew how mad the idiot woulda got, I woulda made a shitload more pictures where someone does something stupid while saying "I know what I'm doing".
>>
>>149688214
Reread my posts. I called a total of one person a cunt. I can see why you would think I was calling the whole thread cunts though if you were pretending to be multiple people.

So for the record, the only person I called a cunt was the anon who was spamming last thread AND creating those images and then proceeding to shit up this thread. Everyone else is cool in my book.
>>
File: New canvas.jpg (75KB, 470x345px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.jpg
75KB, 470x345px
>>149688563
>google "suicidal bunny"
>add the caption
>????
>profit

>>149688748
So you called yourself a cunt, heh?
>>
>>149688748
Look
Of the 14 people in this thread, at least 3 and maybe 4 do not agree with you and only one agrees with you (you, yourself). The other nine to ten are just tired of this shit. Just end yourself.
>>
>>149684827
Is there a page where they list all the mods that CBP uses?
>>
>>149688858
But Onee-chan, he believes that the one who made the pictures (me) and the one who tried to give him advices are the same person.
>>
>>149688956
I'm not your oneechan because I'm not related to OP.
>>
>>149688996
You are all my onee-chans.

Except that deluded piece of shit over there who thinks he knows what he's doing.
>>
>>149689103
>being a spoiled otouto
Bad
>>
>>149688996
You realize you are just as derriere devastated as the other anon, don't you?
>>
>>149689229
>tell the literal only faggot pushing for...something...and shitting up the thread to fuck off
>'no u assblasted xd'
kys
>>
>>149689182
What are you going to do? Scold me? Spank me? Force me to play Spore by pretending it's a RTS?

Please no, the pathfinding in that game is bloody awful.
>>
>>149689321
That is exactly what the other anon is doing, baka.
>>
>>149689458
Bleh, I guess I could shut up and end it but it leaves a horrid taste in my mouth.
>>
>mfw at least we don't have to worry about falling off the board with that assblasted anon1 spamming the thread
>>
>>149689359
Imperial Gothic Flood you in AoE 2.
Force you to play Goy4 for 1000 hours.
Pat your head

>>149689606
I prefer a dead thread to a living but shit-filled one.
>>
>>149689359
pathfinding, you say? time to force you to play imperial guard in dawn of war 1 with no population limit.
>>
>>149689690
Goy4?

>>149689727
Already done. It's a fucking joke.
Pathfinding is only a pain in the ass if you have no shortcut to direct your units one by one or if everyone is a melee unit.

The second you get throwing spears in Spore, the victory is assured. In the meanwhile, it's a fucking mess.
>>
>samefags accusations of samefagging
>>
>>149689359
I will force you to play that Civ V in space thing which was so underwhelming I didnt even bother remembering its name.
>>
>>149689606
You were probably no better.
>>
>>149689824
Hearts of Iron 4 aka HoI 4 aka Goy 4
>>
>>149689884
At least it beats playing Empire Earth.

I used to love that game because I cheated the fuck out of it, but the moment I tried to play it legit, I was compeltely delusioned. The AI cheats so fucking much it's not even funny.

>>149689967
Hol 4>Goy4?
Okay. I thought you were talking about Dominions 4, but okay.
>>
>>149690053
You'd pronounce HoI like Hoy, so it rhymes with Goy and it's incredibly jewish in design, being a paradox game.
>>
>>149689884
Are they lifting the trade route mechanics from BERT to Civ 6? I hope so. Trade routes were a lot better in Beyond Earth than BNW.
>>
>>149690168
Ha, that's a capital "i". I thought it was a "L".
>>
File: 20160726201241_1.jpg (503KB, 1560x911px) Image search: [Google]
20160726201241_1.jpg
503KB, 1560x911px
>Be the Emperor of the most powerful, wealthiest, most technologically advanced empire in the galaxy
>Read the news from around the galaxy at the breakfast table
>Your empire won some backwater war against some irrelevant shitholes that you forgot about
>Your fleets are decimating the Prethoryn
>Some xenoscum radicals destroyed a building on their own planet because they dislike your rule as usual
>Check the holocom for recent diplomatic communiques
>It's the same as always
>Skim through a dozen requests for a non-aggression pacts
>They're from neighbors and some random empires you don't even know
>One communique is actually an insult
>Well, this seems interesting
>It's from some mushroom people from Vool Grand Duchy
>They're saying your empire's a puny, underdeveloped backwater shithole.
>Wonder what the fuck is Vool Grand Duchy
>It's some brown shit stain of an empire next to yours
>Notice they have an enclave within your empire
>Shrug and order some mushroom stew
>Tell your aide to order one of the fleets to fix that brown stain in the middle of your space

Such is the life of Emperor Long Pan
>>
>>149687984
I like the style.
>>
>>149690169
They seem to be reusing the V trade system, with the added benefit of trade routes building free roads between cities.
>>
File: 1vrK6tR.png (414KB, 648x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1vrK6tR.png
414KB, 648x1120px
>tfw the popularity of Civ games are rising
>tfw we're going to have (mostly sfm)porn of historical leaders soon
>>
>>149687963
I asked why Civ V was seemingly the preferred and then semi-shitposted because I find that inflammatory remarks tend to bring out more responses and of greater "passion" for lack of better words.

I genuinely don't understand the appeal of Civ V but that's honestly just because I don't have a good grasp of the major differences. The obvious ones that I do see, natural wonders, one unit per tile, "modern" layout all seem like pointless gimmicks or actively detrimental, so I was hoping for someone to angrily call me fucking nigger cattle and point out the pros and cons of each.
Just asking for the pros and cons of each would get me accused of wanting to be spoonfed (which is entirely true)

the new thread thing was honestly just a tangential aside, I had no idea that THAT was gonna draw out the heated flame
>>
>>149690401
>Shrug and order some mushroom stew
10/10 would become vassal.

Speaking of vassals, do you lose the game when you become someone else's vassal?

>>149690617
I like Civ5 for a simple reason: there's a shitload of mods.
>>
>>149690517
Dang. I liked how the ratio of energy/science for international and production/food for domestic trade routes shifted depending on what the city's yields were. It added an interesting facet to trade routes and actually made sense.
>>
>>149690617
I was just angry lad

>>149690604
Jesus
>>
>>149690714
Nah you don't lose. It just limits what you can do. You can't colonize for example.

I tested it some time ago for a moment and it's pretty boring to be a vassal.
>>
>>149690883
>it's pretty boring to be a vassal
I don't want to sound like an ass, but it's always the case. Even CKII, being a vassal greatly limits you.
Still extremely proud of that time when I become a king's vassal on my own before he asked me and he made me marshall. That was neat. Nice AI.
>>
>>149690617
>I don't want to rely on non-dicks for information by asking to be "spoonfed" so I'll just act like a dick myself in order to bait people into enlightening me
That's a shitty way of looking at the world.
>>
>>149691120
I'd like it to have some extra mechanics when you're a vassal so you can dabble with some other things instead of the regular stuff when you're independent. Like, being able to influence politics within the empire you're "part" of would be nice.
>>
>>149691162
You really think stating a preference for one game over another makes me a dick? Or is it insulting the nameless, faceless devs' method of operating?

Either way, if that makes me a dick I guess I'm fine with being the meanest greenest benis in the room
>>
>>149691312
Well. You know the answer.
Intrigue DLC coming soon.
>>
>>149691312
Currently Mountain blade has my favorite vassal system.
>>
>>149691321
>You really think stating a preference for one game over another makes me a dick?
Not at all.

I was refering to this.
> semi-shitposted because I find that inflammatory remarks tend to bring out more responses
You don't want to rely on non-dicks to politely give those interested information so you act like a dick yourself in order to garner replies. Is that not what you were saying?

I have little knowledge of the context of your post. That just sounded like a shitty way of looking at the world.
>>
You guys seem a little more moody than usual.
>>
>>149691662
Oneechan hasn't had a good dicking in too long.
>>
I want /a/ to go and stay go. The homoeroticsm can stay though.
>>
File: body - Copy.jpg (175KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
body - Copy.jpg
175KB, 720x720px
>>149691954
No.
>>
>proprietary mods
Why
How can people be so incompetent and cancerous that they use non-free copyrights ON FUCKING MODS
>>
File: Fate-Gudako-002.jpg (628KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Fate-Gudako-002.jpg
628KB, 700x1024px
>>149691954
>I want /a/ to go
>>
>>149692036
Go to /mbg/ and ask about the Autism Triumvirate for starters.
>>
>>149691627
Not really what I was saying no, but I can understand how it might sound like that, and it could mean that depending on your definition of "dick"

I see no reason to expect others to owe me a long explanation or discussion based on an ill-defined question. So I provide my own perspective, and most of the time that results in others who disagree with that perspective providing their own perspectives.
Usually with a lot of yelling and sarcasm from both parties, but it prevents half-assed non-answers and stale pastas with obvious non-statements, or similar useless tripe. Also it's fun to debate with high passions, especially since it's impossible to bear a grudge on 4ch
>>
>>149692036
Where? Why?
>>
>>149693045
>You may NOT distribute this program in whole or in part, except as non-profit EUI derivative work "compatibility files" and only as required to make an EUI "mod mod" or your Civilization 5 "mod" compatible with EUI, and including a statement referring to these terms.
>Specifically, you are NOT allowed to re-use this code to make another "Enhanced User Interface" more to "your" liking (please write your own), host this program on collaborative websites such as GitHub, distribute this program via other websites than my choice (Civ Fanatics), distribute older versions etc...
Enhanced UI readme
>>
>>149693148
What the fuck.
I hope that Anon what he's doing.
>>
>>149693148
Seems like he's a bit of a cunt seeing as the modding community is usually based off collaborative work.
>>
>>149692642
Well I'm of the opinion that is a shitty way of looking at the world. You should strive to make the general better, not enforce shitty posts with your own shitty posts.

The world only sucks because good people just assume they are the only good people and therefore don't put the effort in. Like stealing shit that someone left in public because you figure if you don't steal it then someone else will. But that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>149693478
Why do you assume partial comments are shitty comments? That seems like a shitty way to look at debating. Have you never played the devil's advocate, or even been able to see the merit of the role?

I'm a moralfag supreme (and not strictly utilitarian either, I appreciate Kant too, even if I find deontological arguments to be too rigid with our limited capacity to comprehend the sheer scale of moral quandaries we face) but you seem like someone just completely uneducated in matters of ethics, not an actually morally upright person.
>>
What mods should we make when Civ VI is released lads
>>
>>149693870
A mod that makes Obama as the US civ leader.
>>
>>149693947
I would rather make myself as US leader than Obama desu
>>
>>149693683
>I'm a moralfag supreme
Please fucking no.
>>
>>149693947
Is there a TRUMP mod yet? Preferably where all units have hats?
>>
>>149693683
I didn't think I was assuming anything. You said "inflammatory" and went on about making up presumably shitty opinions just to get people passionate enough to post their disagreements.

I get the devil's advocate thing, and I'll take your word for it when you say you are a okay dude who strives to make the world a better place when possible, but what is with your comment about me being uneducated and not moral? WTF? Where did that come from?
>>
>Tomb worlds can't be terraformed
Fucking WHY?
>>
>>149694176
Yeah. It's called Team Fortress 2.
>>
>>149694236
Because they are tombs dumbass
>>
>>149694218
>>149693683
Both of you shut up already
Morality shouldn't even come up as a topic here, it's the most cancerous topic to begin with and can never be agreed upon if people disagree on them.
>>
File: bZdXfGt.jpg (69KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
bZdXfGt.jpg
69KB, 960x960px
Who's going to have his first Civ VI game against all the ladies? Hope there are nude mods this time
>>
>>149694519
Nigga please. They know what're doing.
>>
>>149694176
Don't you mean toupees?

>UA: MAGA - Can rush buildings using other civ's gold once per era. Greatly harms relations with that civ.
UB: Trump's Wall - Replaces Arsenal. Diminishes value of international trade routes to and from this city and increases domestic trade route yields. +3 Local Happiness and culture.
>UU: Border Patrol - Replaces Marines. Has bonus in strength and movement in own borders and neutralizes any foreign civilian units it comes in contact with.
>>
>>149694176
There's one for Civ 5 on the workshop and it's kind of shitty.permanent golden age, free (outsourced)worker, but double unhappiness for population.
>>
>>149695683
>>UU: Border Patrol - Replaces Marines. Has bonus in strength and movement in own borders and neutralizes any foreign civilian units it comes in contact with.
Nah, his UU would be an Internet Shill, a spy who makes everyone hate his civilization
>>
File: 20160726213235_1.jpg (211KB, 981x623px) Image search: [Google]
20160726213235_1.jpg
211KB, 981x623px
>I picked the deviant trait at the start and didn't remove it
>Humans outbreed everyone
>The next most populous species including it's derivatives has only around 300 population across the galaxy
>That's over three times less than all humans put together
>There are almost 900 human pops with deviant trait around the galaxy
>Humans outfuck xenos so hard that I can't get my human population to even go below 70%
>I have shit loads of tomb worlds and shitty worlds where people move out from all the time
>I have free migration policy
>Basically every empire with free migration has a sizable population of deviant humans
>Every Xeno empire with free migration has a large human population
>My dream of multiculti empire is ruined because humans outfuck everyone so hard that every neighbor I take over is already filled with humans
>Every empty pop space on planets is filled with unhappy, deviant humans
>Humans remain at over 70% of the total population in my empire regardless of how many xenos I take over
>Noticed my neighbor's new leader
>Three of my neighboring empires have a human leader now

Oh god, my galaxy is becoming monocultural. This is not how it was supposed to go!
>>
>>149696212
You mean
Internet Shill - increases happiness when placed in own city.

Though I didn't realize internet shills were a big problem with trump. Isn't that a problem with every candidate? Isn't that the whole point of elections? People arguing about the issues every year to get people to at least think about them?
>>
>>149696386
Oh I forgot to add that my humans also have the "rapid breeders" trait, hence the explosive population growth. The deviant trait just causes lots of other problems all over the place and because there's a fucking shit load of humans, it's starting to get noticeable.

My empire has a human population of about 550 and the galaxy has about 400 more of these deviant fuckers all over.
>>
>>149696424
Yea, but Trump is the only one who literally mastered meme magic.

>>149696212
>Internet shill: Doubles local happiness, but positive foreign relation modifiers -50%
>>
>>149696692
>Yea, but Trump is the only one who literally mastered meme magic.
Well, getting back to my pointless example of Trump as a CiV leader, that's what the Trump's Wall is for. It provides happiness and culture.

I think MAGA properly represents the diplomatic hit America would take if he was president for 4 years.
>>
>>149696692
I don't think internet shills have any effect on other nations. Trump really shouldn't have any foreign relations boost.
>>
Fuck you. BERT was fun and an improvement on the core mechanics of CiV that Firaxis thought were too deep to change with DLC.

It just lacked refinement of the tech tree and a little more gameplay elements.
>>
>>149697173
From a foreigner point of view, I hear nothing but shit about Trump. He sounds like a walking catastrophe. And his hair looks fake.
>>
>>149697486
station sentinel bestsat
>>
>>149698618
That's what I figured. Trump is a populist rabble rouser who plays off fear of "THEM", them being basically anyone who isn't American (and some who are but are the wrong color). Those who aren't swayed by nebulous claims about "making America great again", so lot of Americans as well as the other 7 billion non-Americans of the world, aren't keen about Trump. Obama garnered a similar hoopla but the main difference is that Trump will be hated by the world as soon as he takes office and have to work his way back up whereas Obama got a fucking Nobel Peace Prize for doing literally nothing.

I want America to cooperate with other nations more, so Trump is not my top pick.
>>
>>149699748
You bring up valid points; however, his opposition is somebody who committed a federal crime, bordering on Treason, by keeping top-secret documents on a private server with lousy security. It's one thing to elect an asshole, another thing entirely to elect a criminal who only got off because of a technicality.
That, and for however much I hate the guy, you have to admit that Trump took to politics very quickly, and has been learning how to play the crowds like a natural over the course of his campaign; I mean, the his own party hates him, and he still managed to out-politic the politicians who've been at this game for years by capitalizing on his strengths. That ability to adapt however is necessary in order to accomplish his goals is something I can see as being a good quality in a president.

But seriously, this whole election is just a shitshow in general.
>>
>>149699748
Look, I'm a socialist Muslim and I'd STILL rather have Trump than Hillary
>>
>>149702468

>socialist Muslim

Blow up yerself, faggit
>>
>>149696386
>foreign leaders are Black humans
you turned the galaxy into your cuckold fantasy?
>>
>>149702579
he can't, he needs to blow everyone up equally
>>
>>149702967
That would be communism. I have to centralize my up-blowing by having the state decide who gets blown up and who doesn't, usually by deciding among several bidders for the kamikazi licenses.

It's a very competitive market, but thankfully virgins are much rarer commodities now that only /vg/ is still NEET losers, so our offers are much more comparatively valuable.

Hell, we even got the entirety of the US to blow itself up with this recent election. Business is good
>>
>>149702054
>Bordering on treason
Hardly. Pretty sure treason has to be willful, so her using a server that isn't utterly secure isnt treason no matter how you slice it. And her deleting emails is at very worst impeding an investigation, which is serious, but far from treason. She was probably just deleting every email she used Jew in a derogatory fashion in, or anything in similar bad taste.

And I wouldn't say Trump took to politics week at all. He is playing the oldest trick in the book. Fear. Literally anyone with an ounce of charisma, and a lot of money, could do the same. What would be impressive is if he did what he did without stooping to cheap tactics, but we both saw the debates. He interrupts others while talking and is generally rude as hell. He is the exact opposite of diplomatic.

I half agree with the Democrats rather undemocratically not giving Bernie a chance. A more moderate candidate will be more likely to defeat Trump. In so doing they really sullied Hillary's ticket, which she does perfectly well all by herself.
>>
>>149702468
I'm calling bullshit.
>>
>>149703649
Do I need to post a picture of my prayer rug and Danish passport?

Trump might be a moron who's going to ruin the US but I'm not American so I don't mind that too much, and at least he's not a part of the cancerous inbred status quo of bipartisan oligarchy, just regular old-fashioned corporatism.
>>
Not to mention Trump's tax plan is more fucking trickle down economics. As if the class divide want wife enough. He says whatever the peoples' reptilian brain wants to hear such that he can rob them in secret.
>>
>>149703817
I'm calling Interpol.
>>
>>149702054
>and has been learning how to play the crowds like a natural over the course of his campaign;
That's what a populist does and populism is a cancer in democracy. Go look at Venezuela and see the results.

I'd rather have your "criminal" than a populist.
>>
>>149702054
Do you guys really have no option between 2 people? Not even some kind of independent candidates you can vote on just to shit on them?

I mean having to choose cancer because the other cancer is a bit worse is just stupid.
>>
>>149704190
They had several better candidates during the republican run up, but populists are adepts in manipulating (usually dumb) people and toying with their fears to get power.
>>
File: 1466822802620.jpg (137KB, 850x910px) Image search: [Google]
1466822802620.jpg
137KB, 850x910px
>>149704058
Good luck I'm using i2p to connect to tor to connect to my VPN to post cute anime girls on 4chan and play Song of Swords and there's NOTHING you or any other pig-gobbling-infidel can do to stop me
THE KAWAIILIPHATE SHALL RISE AGAIN
>>
>>149704190
Third parties just end up dividing the votes such that popular opinion doesn't get heard.
>>
>>149704190
Well, yeah, there's Independents, but none of them have the money or campaigning infrastructure to win, or even get votes outside of their home state.
It's a shit system, and we really need a third party, but I'm not sure how we'd be able to go about doing that.
>>
>>149704190
First-past-the-poll and bipartisan voting systems means that voting on anyone who doesn't win is essentially pointless, unlike actual democracies where 20% of the voting pop voting for say, libertarians (if they're edgy 20-something self-proclaimed intellectuals) would actually reflect in 20% of the parliament being libertarian

in the US, if 51% of an area votes republican, 100% of the pop of that area is assumed to be republican

enjoy your Obongos, Demon Queen Bitches and Donnie "I can't get up my stump" Trumps

I wish there were a 4x game where the 4x was votes and you were playing as a political candidate
>>
>>149704537
Is its really that bad if they dont have 1913919023 millions to campaign? I mean if they jsut have 10 dollars to set up a webserver and hire some guy managing a blog and twitter I imagine you could reach plenty of people nowadays?

Or do people really factually, actually change their voting opinions by watching shitty campaign spots that are clearly manipulated to fit whatever narrative the makers are trying to spread?
>>
>>149704917
>>Or do people really factually, actually change their voting opinions by watching shitty campaign spots that are clearly manipulated to fit whatever narrative the makers are trying to spread?
Do you even have to ask?

Welcome to the wonderful world of "democracy"
>>
>>149704917
It's a problem of name recognition. You remember the name of the guy who's commercial was on every other commercial break, while you're probably not going to remember the guy you kinda-sorta heard about a blog or something who was running, apparently?
It's sad, but the majority of people are more likely to vote for somebody simply because they recognize the name.

That, and the main highlights of the presidential campaigns tend to be the party rallies where each party brings out their candidates and basically shills them to the public. Most people who care are going to be watching those to see who's running. Guess how hard it's going to be for somebody who isn't part of the party to get a spot in those rallies.
>>
>>149680472
The animation is a lot better than her portrait desu.
>>
>>149687523
Yeah seems odd not to give to the UK, US or Russia.
>>
>check news feed for endless legend to see if any news of anything
>amplitude acquired by sega
is this a bad thing
>>
>>149706287
Nigga please. They know what they're doing.
>>
>>149708394
>still forcing this meme
Christ, anon.
>>
>>149711245
Nigga please. I know what I'm doing.
>>
>>149711245
Nigga please. He knows what he's doing.
>>
>>149706287
At least it isn't EA or Ubisoft that acquired it...

Sega hasn't ruined the Total War series(in my opinion) yet so maybe it will be okay.
>>
>>149718078
The only thing SEGA ruined is themselves.
>turned Sonic into a bugfest after failing at adapting to the 3D
>sank their own ship with the dreamcast
>ruined all their license

>>149718239
>>
>>149718239
Nigga please. Do you even know what you are doing?
>>
>>149718812
I'm not that nigga, but I know what I'm doing.
Do you?
>>
File: 1459855906475.jpg (59KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
1459855906475.jpg
59KB, 480x726px
>>149718343
>>149718812
>>149719115
Fuck that. I'll be a dick too.
>>
>>149706287
not really. sega are dlc whores (total war) but they're good at managing, outside of sonic. sonic is their own failure. but they're pretty good outside of that, and listen to player feedback. for instance, with total warhammer, they had some shitty day 1 preorder dlc, but changed it to 'within the first week, you get it for free' which is great because it meant that you could easily wait for reviews. they also brought in modding tools (that are still being expanded on) because of all the player outrage.

however, they are putting in loads of dlc in total warhammer already, like previous total war games, and I can expect that they'll do the same with dawn of war 3, as well as whatever else they publish.
>>
>>149719558
Sometimes I have the impression 99% of devs' revenue are DLCs.
>>
>>149719904
They are. Like seriously I buy completely new PC games now for the same price I bought them for nearly 20 years ago. Inflation being a thing they've gotta make money somewhere.
>>
>>149719904
a lot probably is, depending on the game. I mean, the dlc for total warhammer right now comes up to be half the cost of the full game. and its only been out for two months. then you have games like payday 2 that are totally reliant on dlc. (42 packs totaling at 148$)
>>
>>149719904
It's less about revenue and more about obfuscation the real cost.
>>
>>149720163
>>149720202
>>149720203
Seriously? Wow, the market changed since I was a kid.
>>
>>149719904

Look up Train Simulator 2016 on Steam and how much DLC it has
>>
>>149721052
>4 106€
Jesus.
>>
>>149703497
She deleted possible evidence of wrongdoing in order to cover it up. That's pretty bad.
>>
>>149704190
Winner take all system fucks the US over. Same with the electoral college. We really need to change over to something like Single Transferable Vote or proportional representation.

>>149704917
Yeah people do vote based on name recognition. It's a pretty serious cognitive flaw of human beings. We tend to prefer what we are more familiar with. On top of that most Americans are too ignorant or apathetic to do the research necessary to even understand our electoral system and the possible spread of candidates let alone realize and try to compensate for the cognitive biases that are being taken advantage of by political campaigns.
>>
File: have_memes_gone_too_far.png (1MB, 1496x792px) Image search: [Google]
have_memes_gone_too_far.png
1MB, 1496x792px
>>149703497

>"Trump is just a hateful fear monger, don't fall for his tricks"
>five seconds later
>"IF TRUMP WINS HE WILL START WWIII AND WE WILL ALL DIE IN A NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST!!!!!111ONE

Really makes you think
>>
>>149721847
They weren't looking for evidence of anything. Having the server in and of itself was the crime. Not the content.

Think of it this way. The police get a warrant to search your property to search for your friend who is a felon. When they enter they find you feverishly shredding tax documents. That is suspicious, but has nothing to do with the warrant.

The deleted emails probably just had her insulting people or calling people Jews or something.
>>
>>149723280
Storing Top Secret government documents on private property- even if it's digital property- is not only illegal, it can potentially get you tried for Treason by putting state secrets at risk.
Never mind the fact that copying Top Secret documents, period, is also highly illegal. They're state secrets that are being kept secret for a reason; copying them and storing them on private property sounds like something a spy would do- or someone looking to sell those secrets at a later date. At the very least, she committed Dereliction of Duty by putting the nation's secrets at risk like that, secrets she was trusted with when she was appointed to her position. Were she not the democratic canidate, she probably would have lost her job at the very least; instead, it's getting swept under the rug so that they have somebody who might have a shot at beating Trump.
>>
>>149723280
Nigga please. She knew what she was doing.
>>
>>149722332
His hair looks fake.
>>
>>149724202
No one in the FBI ever thought Hillary was a spy, you nut. What crazy tabloids have you been reading?
>>
>>149722332
it makes you think, unlike people that are voting for trump.
>>
>>149704357
>KAWAIILIPHATE
I'm ok with this.
>>
Missiles or projectile weapons? I don't want to use laser again.
>>
>>149711245
You were the one to give him the (You) he wanted
>>
>>149726234
Projectiles.
>>
>>149726234
Missiles are a good lead-in for Torpedoes, and their longer engagement range makes them good since range is key when your ships could die before getting into firing distance.
>>
Fuck this diplomacy bullshit and happiness of pops. Back to slavery i go
>>
>>149726972
You go, Uncle Tom! Show these nigga you know what you're doing!
>>
>>149726196
Go back to /pol/ and be a faggot there.
>>149726234
Missiles, although projectiles are a lot better now, but you can't beat the missile range.
>>
>>149727218
Stop answering to yourself already and learn to let it go, Anon1.
>>
File: smug pink anime girl.jpg (75KB, 340x346px) Image search: [Google]
smug pink anime girl.jpg
75KB, 340x346px
>>149727762
>there is only one other person on the internet beside me
>>
>>149726153
She is just a crook that use a national property and power for their own benefit. Probably used stored secrets to blackmail or just plain exchange them for money or political profits.
Selling national secrets.
It sounds kinda like spying and treason.
Or she just use them to make their own politic.
>>
>>149728361
Nigga please. We know what she's doing.
>>
>>149728361
>probably
>>
>>149728812
Nigga please. We know what you're thinking.
>>
>Egypt's leader isn't even Egyptian
>France's leader isn't even French

Are they trying to make a point about nationality or something?
>>
>>149728812
im not your nigga, mate.
>>
>>149728962
If you did, you would write some Grand Torino reference.
>>
>>149729272
Anon1, please. It wasn't enough that you sperged and embarassed yourself like that earlier, now you're trying to shit up this thread?
>>
>>149729272
>literally this mad
>>
Assuming that all pops of my primary species live only in my empire, what happens if I genetically modify every single one of them? Are they still my primary species, or are all genetically modified pops always treated as xenos even if you have no more pops of your original prime species left?
>>
>>149726234
I like big guns myself, but yeah missiles seem stronger at the moment.
>>
So I built my first town in the middle of a giant forest. Should I raze everything and build farms or keep them and build sawmill once I unlocked them?
>>
>>149728361
>>149723280

I'm not saying she necessarily sold state secrets or committed other crimes but she literally deleted the possible evidence of such a thing, which is pretty bad in and of itself.
>>
>>149729694
Modifications you make don't change the species. It's the genetic adaptations they make themselves that set them as another species.
>>
>>149730534
She didn't delete evidence. The emails weren't considered evidence. She was guilty already of having the separate email account. Case closed. No one was investigating the content of the emails. What she did was simply very suspicious, but not a crime.
>>
>>149729350
>>149729396
You have paranoia issues, anon. You can't just claim everyone is a samefag like it's all one big plot against you.
>>
>>149731123
That's rich, coming from the autist who whined for hours after he was made fun of.
But you know what you're doing.
>>
>>149730765
False. I've tried only modifying some of my pops, and they will get the Alien Overlords -5% happiness. Modified pops are counted as aliens -for all the sense that makes.
>>149730981
Sure... and Nixon didn't commit any crimes either, just acted suspicious.
>>
>>149731560
If the president does it, it's not a crime.
He knew what he was doing.
>>
>>149731560
How are they similar? We know what Nixon did. He tried sabotaging the Democratic Party using his power as president. There is no evidence of Hillary's wrongdoing beyond the mere existence of the email account.

>>149731664
Despite being a shitposter you are actually correct. It is impossible for the US president to commit a crime. He must be impeached first.
>>
>finished fanatic spiritualist/collectivist playthrough
>start a peaceful empire
>follow a event chain
>one of rewards is to change my ethos to fanatic spiritualist/collectivist
this is fate!
>>
File: New canvas.jpg (293KB, 833x440px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.jpg
293KB, 833x440px
>>149732517
>>
>>149731560
The thing is, modified pops acting as aliens kind of makes sense, especially as a xenophobic empire.

It makes sense for them to care about the purity of the species and if they've deviated from the original form.
>>
>>149732517
Its even worse. Or not.
She used it to make their own politics. Birds chirps that she and foundation have ties to Arab Spring, Ukraine revolution and recent Turkish failed coup.
Debatable is if she was a asset or just used secrets and connections to conduct private politics.
It was dog that move tail or tail who move dog?
Either way there is plenty of shit.
>>
>>149734182
I take it English isn't your first language, because you are making less and less sense.
>>
>>149734182
>>149734762
Do you even play 4x games? Why are you hiding in this thread talking about politics? Did /pol/ bully you out or something?
Seriously, fuck off.
>>
>>149735253
Actually this thread drove me to post in /pol/. I've got /pol/ open in a different tab right now. I've also got /sug/ open in a third.
>>
File: 1467207757710.jpg (207KB, 1040x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1467207757710.jpg
207KB, 1040x1014px
>>
>>149740123
My dick just crawled back into my body after looking at that monstrosity. I now have a vagina.
Nice choice, anon. At least now the shitposting will be on topic.
>>
>>149740123
It looks halfway like Pixar made it.
>>
File: civfive3.jpg (676KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
civfive3.jpg
676KB, 1914x1172px
Fucking Korea.
>>
>>149740876
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>149743048
Why do you have a writer in enemy territory?
>>
>>149743048
What nation even are you? I don't recognize those colours
>>
>>149744172
Got a capture great people mod. Rarely comes up, but it's nice when it does.

>>149744307
Khmer.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162968805
>>
>>149744534
So you captured Edgar Allen Poe and forced him to write for your government? How is that working out for you?
>>
>>149744534
That UA sounds exploitable desu, does it work if you build a farm, deconstruct it, build again, again and again until you get those things?
>>
>>149744691
He wrote a political treatise and immediately mysteriously vanished, so pretty good.
It makes more sense with non-cultural GP, really.

>>149744878
It is, and it does. That takes quite a while, though, and the tile is essentially unimproved while your workers struggle to plant some mangos.
>>
>>149743048
Post more faggot, don't let the thread die now
>>
File: Bugged Theodora.png (1MB, 820x758px) Image search: [Google]
Bugged Theodora.png
1MB, 820x758px
>>149729141
Nah, from previous games I can say they don't make researches thoroughly, they probably just google "female French leaders" and then take one of them

>>149679114
Did they say anything about how many of them will be DLC, will we get more than one leaders for civilizations, etc?
>>
File: civfive4.jpg (794KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
civfive4.jpg
794KB, 1914x1172px
>>149749678
I didn't make more screenshots at the time, but Korea got the last laugh by retaking Seoul three times with that fleet. By the time it was secured it was a 1 pop city with zero buildings and four wonders.
To make matters worse, it took so long to end that war that the world congress was formed before it ended, and now everyone hates me for taking a city from a two-city civ three times, to say nothing of the penalty for wiping a civ out.
Hostile Zulu and America to the east, and gigantic cities with nobody willing to sell me luxuries. The Khmer empire is prosperous but precarious.
>>
>>149729141
Nationality wasn't really an important thing before modern nation states were a thing though
Hell everyone's favorite cockslut from Civ V wasn't Russian either and got loads of shit for it in real life
>>
>>149753173
Your unhappiness is 7 senpai
>>
>>149753746
Happiness is implemented like shit in Civ V desu

>>149753173
>Ingame Editor
Nigga just
edit shit
>>
>>149753243
The point is, the leader of a country in a Civ game should be iconic. Napoleon is Corsican, but he's iconic. Cleo is Macedonian, but she's iconic.
Be honest, how many people outside of /4xg/ or /gsg/ would even know who Catherine DiMedici was?
>>
>>149753875
They were going for personality this time though
Hojo is a literal fucking nobody, he's famous for being around when the Mongols got blown into the water.
>>
>>149753921
>They were going for personality this time though
This is a fucking retarded excuse, and both developers and Civ VI defenders use this everytime someone criticizes their choices for leaders. Are you telling me Catherine is the leader with the strongest personality in the entire French history?
>>
>>149753921
Yeah that's another terrible choice. Also, are you trying to say Catherine Medici has more personality than Napoleon would? It was an affirmative action hire and it's obviously so. Not to mention, Napoleon has been in Civ forever like Gandhi.
>>
>>149753746
>and gigantic cities with nobody willing to sell me luxuries

>>149753812
It's a necessary evil when using mods. Sometimes stuff just doesn't work for no determinable reason.
>>
>>149753995
Why do you care so much? I'm just glad we are getting new leaders instead of the same ones that we get every game.
>>
>>149753995
>>149754036
they're not just looking for personality. they're looking for unique personalities. and they're also looking to make civs unique from eachother.

sure, they could probably do something unique with napoleon, and they probably will if multiple leaders come out. but catherine is unique in that no one really liked her. so she had her spies keep track of everyone. she got up to the top through backstabbing and generally being a cunt. and thats probably how her civ is going to be. instead of just generic warmonger #23 like napoleon was in civ 5.
>>
>>149753995
Look nigga I'm just telling your their given excuse, not whether or not I agree with it. I would've preferred Louis XIV, Louis XI, or Phillipe II if Napoleon isn't in but hey.

>>149754036
My problem is why they didn't take someone like Olga, Brynhildr or Wu again if they wanted personality. It's affirmative action too but it's also legit (yeah yeah Brynhildr is legendary but who gives a shit so is Dido) in how strong their personalities were.

>>149754229
desu that's not a good argument, why are we getting a literal nobody who doesn't even have a Hojo tier personality?

>>149754297
This is a good argument though, she's insanely spy-focused.
>>
File: le happy merchant.png (232KB, 384x365px) Image search: [Google]
le happy merchant.png
232KB, 384x365px
>>149754297
>and they probably will if multiple leaders come out.
Why they haven't said any fucking thing about this yet? I have to know if will we have multiple leaders and will they be DLC or in the main game.

I also have to know about modding possibilities, I heard XCOM 2 was really moddable(still haven't played it), I wish Civ VI is the same way

Also what mods should we make if the game is moddable?
>>
>>149754378
>ask a question
>that's not a good argument
What?
>>
>>149754475
It's supposed to be much more moddable and multiple leaders are all but guaranteed due to the way the system works as DLC
>what mods should we make
New civilizations and leaders off the bat
Fixes for the shitty models for people who don't like them
Anime mods

>>149754525
I thought you were asking a rhetorical question and saying "it's new and varied so it's good!"
>>
Does this general also discuss endless legend?
>>
>>149754580
You can try desu
We've discussed RTS and light novels already.
>>
>>149754573
>I thought you were asking a rhetorical question and saying "it's new and varied so it's good!"
I'm saying that's my opinion. I'm also asking why you feel so strongly about personality not being a decent criteria for one of the Civ games.
>>
>>149754647
I'm not the person saying that. I'm saying that Catherine does even have a standout personality in the history of France. Hell Eleanor of Aquitaine had a strong personality too and was strong independent womyn to boot.
Duchy of Aquitaine civilization when
>>
>>149754475
it will probably be dlc and they'll announce it when the dlc comes out. they'll probably keep a lid on it until then if only to keep people in suspense, since its doubtful that it would be in the main game.
they also said that modding will be a lot easier because its a new homebrew engine, and also that there will be modding for multiplayer. so probably the sky will be the limit. I can hope that you'll be able to do huge-scale full overhauls like you could in civ 4.
>>
>>149754708
Cardinal Richelieu would have fulfilled the same spymonger role and been much more recognizable as a historical figure and as a personality. This was done because they wanted to have half women half men for the leaders.
So, who is the progressive science based African leader going to be? Or will they just give us Shaka again to be the big bull of the AIs? Him and Genghis were my favorite warmongering ccivs so i'd miss them if they weren't around.
>>
>>149754906
The Zulu should be dropped for the Berbers and / or the Mali desu
>>
>>149754906
A guy from Kongo is in IIRC
Also Genghis was a free DLC in Civ V, and in that "leak", there was only one slot for both Ottomans, Persia and Mongolia
I wouldn't have high hopes for Genghis, but you can be sure that he'll be modded in the game as soon as it comes out
>>
>>149754906
Cardinal Richelieu wasn't the leader though, he didn't even hold a leader-like title like Empress Theodora. It'd be like putting Belisariius on for Byzantium because he was influential and important.

>>149754975
>only one of Ottomeme, Persia and Mongolia
>fucking KONGO is in
???
>>
File: civ6_portrait_bingo1.jpg (160KB, 392x725px) Image search: [Google]
civ6_portrait_bingo1.jpg
160KB, 392x725px
>>149755034
>>fucking KONGO is in
They have to put one African civ desu, at least I'm happy they didn't go full SJW and made half of them Africans

Also one of the important thing about civs are TSL maps, I guess that's the reason Brazil is in, otherwise South America would be empty, whereas there's no chance of Europe or Asia having empty land.

I think that 18 leader limit is simply stupid desu, I'd also like Ottomans, Persia and Mongolia all in, but you have to make sacrifices I guess. Though I can't justify Poland

Also I think this is the final pic of leaked leaders
>>
>>149755385
Poland makes sense though, it was a superpower in Europe at its height.
>>
>>149755385
Who the fuck is the one between Germany and Greece? I can't even think of an important civilization in that place.
>>
>>149755514
I'd argue that Persia/Ottomans were more important civilizations than Poland, but if the game is moddable we can easily have both so there's no point in arguing, really
>>
>>149755613
Maybe something with "Great" in its name? I couldn't think of anything but I stopped following discussion about that pic a while ago. Perhaps civfanatics or reddit have finished the pic already
>>
>>149726234
may I interest you in my blades of stellaris mod?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719794488
>>
File: civfive5.jpg (621KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
civfive5.jpg
621KB, 1914x1172px
The asshole civ had the asshole volcano looming over them. Figures.
>>
>>149755615
The Scythians and Sumeria are pure meme though, if you want to drop any you drop them. Also >>149755613, who the hell is even there? Gotland? Which olde nations even have a name between Ge and Gr? Granada?
>>
Guys why is it game like endless legend is so hard. Grblrghghrhbaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
File: Fate-Gudako-008.png (152KB, 301x260px) Image search: [Google]
Fate-Gudako-008.png
152KB, 301x260px
>>149755862
>Granada
>picture looks kind of medieval muslim style
Aw hell no
>>
>>149755862
Aren't Sumerians kinda important? I'd rather have Babylons instead of them but still. I don't know anything about Scythians though

>>149755996
I thought it was a Native American civ, it looks like he has some kind of animal wool as headdress to me

>>149755870
What do you even find hard? Also who are you playing as?
>>
>>149756086
Sumerians are important for being basically the first.
Scythians are like Huns v0.5, they were steppe guys.
>>
>>149756086
>What do you even find hard?
reading texts. I think i am going back to overwatch
>>
File: u srs m8.jpg (18KB, 298x320px) Image search: [Google]
u srs m8.jpg
18KB, 298x320px
>>149756140
>>
>>149756140
Overwatch has some nice ass and titties desu
>>
>>149755826
Nigga please. They know what they're doing.
>>
Just a friendly reminder that they know what they're doing and that Kharak is burning and this is your fault.
>>
>>149760064
YOU COULD HAVE SAVED KHARAK
YOU DIDN'T
WHY
>>
>>149755615
Mods always have that slimy offbrand feel
Like how many mod leaderscreens in Civ 5 were fully animated? 3?
>>
>>149761536
And those 3 used already existing animations of leaders and were still buggy
But that's because 5 is really hard as fuck to mod, not only in leader screens but in pretty much everything. IIRC, that was the reason popular total conversion mods in Civ IV didn't translate to Civ V, they simply couldn't.

Civ V isn't made to be modded, but I guess Civ VI will be. If you want to take a look at a game made with mods in mind and made by Firaxis, I guess you can check out XCOM 2
I guess I should listen to my own advice and play it soon too, I wonder how it is
>>
>>149761752
Modders should just git gud.
>>
File: 1446800811112.jpg (1MB, 800x5031px) Image search: [Google]
1446800811112.jpg
1MB, 800x5031px
>>149761752
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_63DYAi5jY

It's pretty crazy.
>>
>>149761845
>should just git gud
>the game can't even reload custom dlls without shitting it up on the way
>>
>>149762002
Nigga please. They should know what they're doing.

The fuck is a dll.
>>
>>149761536
Also if anyone's interested these are animated leader mods, they were 4 not 3. There might be more that I don't know

Mali - Mansa Musa: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120687024 , this one uses Suleyman's animations IIRC, I don't remember about the voice acting
Nazi Germany - Adolf Hitler: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109935523 this one uses Haile's animations and Bismarck's voice acting
Australia - Henry Perkes: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221344781 don't know whose animations or voice acting this uses, this mod never worked for me
UK- Churchill: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24116 don't know about this one and don't really care desu, never liked Churchill
and googling showed me there are a few others, not feeling like writing them here, have a link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12882890
I remember trying that Israel one too but it didn't work either IIRC

I pretty much use only Hitler if I have custom civs in the map, and that's because that's actually a good civ and its music is fucking amazing
>>
>>149762526
He looks like he's wearing a plastic wig.
>>
File: 1445123550082.gif (2MB, 203x264px) Image search: [Google]
1445123550082.gif
2MB, 203x264px
>>149761752
>Civ V isn't made to be modded, but I guess Civ VI will be.

>tfw Civ 6 Caveman2Cosmos
>>
Any good custom civilizations there? Any favourites? Compatible with other mods pls, like events and decisions, TSL, and shit
>>
File: 20160718094257_1.jpg (423KB, 1674x1022px) Image search: [Google]
20160718094257_1.jpg
423KB, 1674x1022px
>>149765879
NEPTUNIA.
>>
File: nUTZcu6.jpg (181KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
nUTZcu6.jpg
181KB, 1024x640px
Nazca was the most popular custom civ in civfanatics, will try that. If anyone's wondering
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22117

>>149766848
Thanks but I'm not a weeb m8
Also what is that source on the right of the horses? 17.68%?
>>
>>149766997
Apparently the version on the civfanatics is old, don't download that one. Download from this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt4b4q3jyhzb2r6/MC%27s%20Nazca%20Civilization%20%28v%204%29.civ5mod?dl=0
I guess this one has mod compatibility and shit don't know. Took the link from http://civilization-v-customisation.wikia.com/wiki/Nazca_(Cahuachi)
>>
>>149766997
These are shares. They're used in the mod.
>>
File: TBu418L.png (470KB, 799x364px) Image search: [Google]
TBu418L.png
470KB, 799x364px
>>149765879
I'm rather partial to Samoa.
>>
>>149768167
TITTIES
>>
>>149768167
>Embarked workers may build roads on coast tiles
wat
>>
>>149769023
Think they mean they can essentially build bridges or some shit over islands one or two tiles apart?
>>
>>149769086
More or less.
>>
>>149768167
Some of these mod civs look more interesting than the vanilla ones desu.

Tried Nazca, they're apparently a South America civ, not North. And South America really lacks in desert in YNAEMP so they're pretty useless, dropped that game. Might try this one
>>
Does anyone still play Stellaris?
>>
>>149770695
Sometimes, yeah.
But I still don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>149770842
How do you not know what you're doing?
>page 10
>>
So I just built a Terraforming Station in Stellaris, how do I terraform? Does the process start immediately as soon as I have the right amount of Terraforming Liquids/Gases?
>>
>>149774561
You need to give the order, I think. Isn't it a special project?
>>
>>149774561
>click on planet
>click on terraform
you need to have the terraform tech for the planet you're terraforming into and it can only go 1-2 planets types along the planet wheel thing at a time. Also you need to right strategic resources.
http://www.stellariswiki.com/Terraforming
>>
File: 1468005612376.jpg (3MB, 2706x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1468005612376.jpg
3MB, 2706x3000px
Is the anon that posted this here?
>>
>scientists keep dying around age 80
>this motherfucking admiral is having his 208th birthday
What the fuck game
>>
Are there any competitive CBP civ 5 players ? Streamers ?

In my search for more interesting civ games, I discovered filthyrobot's youtube account and the NQ mod at the same time, which is pretty neat and gives a second life to the game imho.
Then I found a mulitplayer version of the community balance patch, which I think has some pretty good ideas, except the "happiness is always snowball" part.
Which one does /vg/ prefer ?
>>
File: TheIamoxalGalaxy.png (703KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
TheIamoxalGalaxy.png
703KB, 1360x768px
This is my Stellaris game.

I am playing as the Ferroken (space chickens who worship a Lightning God and have a superiority complex). My ethics are Spiritual/Military/Xenophobe (I play partially for flavor/roleplaying purposes). My fleets are primarily armed with Energy Torps, Missile Torps, Autocannons and Arc Emitters and are protected by Hyper Shields and Crystal-Forged Hulls. My empire likes to enslave and/or purge non-Loyalist alien pops and the only Fallen Empire I have encountered so far are Isolationists (thank the Lightning God they're not Observers).

Thanks to some asshats at the opposite end of the galaxy who decided that Jump Drives were a good idea, I get to face the Extradimensional Invaders as my late-game crisis. The good news is that they're at the opposite end of the galaxy and the second Invader faction already appeared only to get immediately wiped out. The bad news is that it's only a matter of time until they get to my empire.

How fucked will I be once they reach me? How strong can I expect their fleets to be? Mind you my fleets are around 14-20k strength at the moment.
>>
>>149778394
Never watched a Civ let's play, but I think most people like Marbozir(might wrote it wrong).

I also never watched quill but I know about the guy, good personality. Might have good civ videos dunno

Also is there a mod to make snow tiles not useless?
>>
>>149778394
>competitive
>Civ 5
Nigga please. They're all playing Civ 4 and circlejerking.
>>
>>149778979
There is an inuit civ, but thats all I know.
>>
>>149686875
Three Moves Ahead
>>
File: 20160726230345_1.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160726230345_1.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
>>149686716
Citation needed, pleb.
>>
Anybody still playing the Caveman2Cosmos mod for Civ IV?

I really like the differences between the religions—personally, I rush Asatru as quickly as possible, then go full >religion of peace on everybody with my upgraded melee units and Loki Fists. The only problem is that all of Asatru's bonuses are focused on melee units, so as soon as those are outdated I switch to something else
>>
>>149780443
Is it still being updated
Can you give a download link
>>
>>149780502
Not to be an ass, but if you haven't yet figured out how to use Google, then C2C might not be for you.
>>
>>149780719

>>149780443
So, that link?
>>
>>149780915
>pretending to be me

>>149780719
It's midnight and I'm tired come on man
>>
What the fuck is the point of materialist ethos? It seems so bad.
>>
>>149780443
rom-and is better desu. Too much ridiculous shit in c2c for my taste
>>
>>149780984
There's a point to ethos beside roleplaying?
>>
>>149781042
ethics divergence stacking i guess
>>
>>149780976
Cmon man
http://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos/downloads/caveman2cosmos

>>149781031
What don't you like? I will admit that the steampunk and dieselpunk-type stuff is a little over the top, but overall I love it.
>>
>>149781620
Should've specified besides moddb
It's so slow that it literally halts downloading halfway through
>>
Are there any mods that add the Milky Way Galaxy as a static map? Just something sized down to scale accordingly. The Star Trek and Mass Effect mods have decent enough maps but I'd just like a normal Stellaris experience with Fallen Empires and crisis events thrown in as usual.
>>
>>149781702
>google "caveman2cosmos"
>click on second result
>ctrl-f "download"

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15324
>>
>>149781931
>redirects to moddb
Ye boi~
>>
>>149781813
I've been trying to make something like this but I have no idea how to make fallen empires spawn

Also many of the events end up being borked for some reason
>>
>>149782021
Well, what do you want me to do?
>>
I cannot play without Fanatic Spiritualist ethos
Send help
>>
File: 42002682_p0.jpg (186KB, 622x509px) Image search: [Google]
42002682_p0.jpg
186KB, 622x509px
>>149695890
>>
>>149780984
You get the Research Institute, which gives you +5% research speed.
>>
File: MIRV_I_want_to_believe.jpg (34KB, 383x480px) Image search: [Google]
MIRV_I_want_to_believe.jpg
34KB, 383x480px
>>149782915
Why?
>>
>>149783557
because i want to play with different ethos
>>
File: 20160727183745_1.jpg (512KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160727183745_1.jpg
512KB, 1920x1080px
I just gave independence to all sectors, apart from two largest ones, and they all now fucking hate my ass even after I released them as subjects.

I was bored so I just wanted to see what would happen, but now I'm just broke and surrounded by cunts.

I thought we'd be a happy bunch of friends in a friendly neighborhood if I'm so nice as to give them sovereignty.
>>
>>149783632
select militaristic, xenophobe and collectivist

it will be fun
>>
>>149784014
Paradox.
>>
File: elaborate_ruse.jpg (42KB, 503x518px) Image search: [Google]
elaborate_ruse.jpg
42KB, 503x518px
>>149784014
>I thought we'd be a happy bunch of friends in a friendly neighborhood if I'm so nice as to give them sovereignty.
They rused you.

Now go and conquer them all again, that'll teach them.
>>
>>149784069
>xenophobe and collectivist
What's the point? if i want slavery/purge i'd pick one or the other. I don't see the benefit of picking both (unless for RP reasons)
>>
File: SjC1Wy7.png (491KB, 800x364px) Image search: [Google]
SjC1Wy7.png
491KB, 800x364px
>>149779605
There is indeed.

Generally TPagolin's Colonialist Legacies, Leugi's Patria Grande and JFD's civ packs are a good source of interesting civs.

If you don't care about historical accuracy, ViceVirtuoso has made a bunch of weeb civs that all use very unique mechanics. His Vocaloid civ is particularly interesting for its focus on Science from Music and early Great Musicians.
>>
>>149786707
weeb civs are best civs, they're qt
>>
>>149786025
Then drop collectivist for individualist.
>>
File: 20160727195950_1.jpg (162KB, 1262x624px) Image search: [Google]
20160727195950_1.jpg
162KB, 1262x624px
I wish there were options to bully these cunts more than just insult them. I like giving these dicks a reality check and let them know they're useless shits.
>>
>>149790383
Just write a mod for it lad.
>>
>>149761964
>Automated Threat Assessment
>bad
>>
File: 20160727202806_1.jpg (119KB, 844x496px) Image search: [Google]
20160727202806_1.jpg
119KB, 844x496px
Excluding synthetics, the deviant humanity that outfucks all xenos is now officially more populous than the next 5 most populous species combined.

Soon the galaxy will belong to mankind.
>>
>>149792653
You know what to do. It's time to cull them.
>>
>>149792742

But I made them. I am them. I'm giving the rapid breeder trait to the rest now to make the galaxy one big human playground.

Humanity - The one species to outfuck them all
>>
>>149792964
I know they're yours. But you need to cull them still. For the greater good.
>>
>>149793136
>>149792742
T. Shas'len'ra
>>
File: ES1-Artbook-Hissho.png (552KB, 682x867px) Image search: [Google]
ES1-Artbook-Hissho.png
552KB, 682x867px
>>149706287
>is this a bad thing
Moderately bad. SEGA allows good games to be made. But you have to pay out the nose for them in DLC-sized pieces.

The bad news is bestbirds being downgraded to minor faction status.
>>
>>149753995
Tokugawa could have been a good militaristic religious Japan instead of hojo.

France is wierd as fuck as this time. Wierd wonder bonus and spy bonus which doesn't really fit Frances. Situational as fuck UI and a defensive UU as well.
>>
>>149791732
Nigga please.
>>
>>149797408
The explicit wanted to avoid Sengoku period though
>>
>>149797408
What's the story?
That Oda made the fondation, that Iyeasu built the house and that Tokugawa lived in it?

>>149799273
What about the Minamoto then?
>>
>>149679114
Who the fuck is responsible for this incompetent goofy-looking art direction?
>>
Is this the general for Distant Worlds? How much automation should I use if I'm just learning the game? Any reason not to go full automation and watch how things play out? Anything I should micromanage in particular or does the AI do an okay job?
>>
>>149805579
Yes.

Not a single one.

Yes, if you prefer focusing on specific aspect.

Maybe not the blueprints, you can leave that to the AI. Unless you're short on ressources.
>>
>>149805579
Lower your main planet's taxes to as low as you can stand in the early game. Your pop (ie tax base) will go up fast and the private sector(the guys who haul your resources around) will expand faster. That's my main protip. Once your main world is at full pop you can raise the taxes and make boatloads of shekels.
The AI is adequate to mediocre in most things. You'll want to get comfortable with designing ships and organizing fleets asap , this is the main way you will get a leg up on your AI rivals.
Also, keep in mind there's a species based AI malus/bonus system, until I realized that diplomacy was pretty frustrating, now I can tell from a glance who is going to be cool or be dicks.
>>
>>149805579
Also, about taxes.

If you're familiar with Total War, the idea is similar. Basically, there's an entire private economy, and your taxes cut a portion of it. Ideally, you want to have taxes at a minimum to not slow down your growth. When the game starts, the private sector will use your infrastructures to build their ships, so you'll get a lot of money very quickly.
>>
>>149799356
Iyeasu is the name of the first Tokugawa shogun lad
>>
>>149799356
Minamoto wasnt a leader just a general. Though theres multiple, im assuming yoshitsune since hes the legendary one.

Tokugawa Ieyasu was the last of the three. Hideyoshi was second and did the whole korea conquest thing.

Tokugawa's reign was short but ended the Sengoku period and ushered the tokugawa era where basically Japan goes isolationist. He expelled Catholics and i think cordoned Protestantism off to the sole dutch trading port. Thats my reasoning for a defensive religious ability or perhaps even a defensive cultural one.

Combine that with the token Japanese samurai and bushido/kamikaze ability would have been an offensive civ for domination but defensive in terms of culture much like in Civ V (sort of) with that added religious twist to help secure whatever victory condition wanted but with a fairly well known leader.
>>
>>149805579
Use the "ask me first" settings unless you like sudden outbreaks of war over fruit.
>>
>>149798151
>trying to get fucked up the ass gently rather than just killing the opponent as soon as he shows up
+defense on a MEC-T is literally the most retarded thing possible
Just train up a half-dozen Colonel Snipers and turn them into MEC-Ts.

I did this on Classic Ironman and literally killed both sectopods on the final mission before either of them got a shot off, not to mention breezing through literally every mission

I have yet to try Impossible Ironman but I assume it's gonna be just as easy, just with several more casualties from my non-snipers
>>
>>149803995
Gaming audience of current year
>>
File: 2016_07_27_2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016_07_27_2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>terraform mars
>it doesn't change the way it looks
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>149814095
Is that a mod?
>>
>>149814095
>12k+79 influence
nice cheats
>>
File: 2016_07_27_4.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016_07_27_4.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149814369
no cheats have been used except a cheat to set an anomaly for the irassian event chain
>>149814261
What do you mean?
>>
>>149807419
Nigga please. I know what I'm saying.
>>
>>149814551
>no cheats have been used
Just because you are calling it a mod it doesn't change it's purpose.
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
>>149814813
>Beautiful battles
>More emblems
>More events
>Civilian trade
>cheats
>>
File: BlackHole_Lensing.gif (3MB, 290x232px) Image search: [Google]
BlackHole_Lensing.gif
3MB, 290x232px
GOD TIER:
Fanatic Spiritualist, Fanatic Materialist

GOOD TIER:
Collectivist, Fanatic Militarist

OKAY TIER:
Spiritualist, Fanatic Xenophile, Xenophile, Militarist, Individualist

SHIT TIER:
Fanatic Xenophobe, Xenophobe, Pacifist, Materialist

WHY DO THESE EXIST TIER:
Fanatic Pacifist, Fanatic Individualist, Fanatic Collectivist
>>
File: 20160727154133_1.jpg (650KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160727154133_1.jpg
650KB, 1920x1080px
Rate my "Don't get fucked up by Germany" strategy.
>>
>>149815408
Why did you put complete ass into your god tier?
>>
>>149815703
Looks to me you know what you're doing.
>>
>>149815408
>Spiritualism in GOd tier
kek ? ;d
>>
>>149815909
-30% Ethics Divergence is good for going wide and conquering empires, +15% Research Speed is good for obvious reasons.
>>
>>149816181
>waste two points in etho's just so you can keep that ethos that stops you from changing ethos
It makes no sense man :d
>>
>>149816181
Except -30% ethics divergence doesn't help you when the only thing it does is maintain itself and you're back at 0 even if it works perfectly, and 15% to science doesn't help you when it diverges.

Take fanatic militarist anon, you'll thank me.
>>
File: loudestfaggot.png (34KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
loudestfaggot.png
34KB, 510x546px
>people only rate ethos based on the listed effects
>not rating them based all all associated events and access to government types
>>
>>149816295
Well, the growth bonus is kinda nice, but the warmongering style I've been doing is F. Spiritualist + Transcendent Empire with Mind Control Lasers on troublesome planets. Conquered/integrated pops shut the fuck up really quick about whatever is pissing them off and integrate a lot faster. That's the real reason for it. Throw in some Teldar Crystals and Social Welfare Programs and people are practically begging you to conquer them.
>>
>>149816639
There is a reason I go Fanatic Individualist anon
>>
>>149816639
Spiritualist is worth it for all the psi shit
>>
>>149816401
>and 15% to science doesn't help you when it diverges.
Unless you grabbed Collectivism and get Frontier Commissars + Ministry of Benevolence. You can even do Conformists + Intelligent for extra fun. I guess I'm a huge fan of blobbing hard and fast, so ethics divergence is really useful.
>>
>>149817114
If you need to make an entire build around it so it doesn't suck then it's a burden, not an asset.
>>
Hey guys I can't research jump drives no matter how many techs I finish in the physics tree. In my last game I got it offered so many times, but this time I can't get the card
Is there any way I can increase my chances?
>>
>>149817576
Jump drives prereq wormholes.
>>
>>149817717
I upgraded all wormhole upgrades very early into the game. Is it because I got the swarm in my galaxy, does it block me from getting jump drives?
>>
is military republic the best form of democracy
>>
>>149817808
No. You can use the console command that tells you the % chance to get techs to check out for certain if you have a possibility of getting it.
>>
>>149817808
Jump Drives are weighted to be ridiculously rare; most physics techs have a weight of 50-100 with the rarer ones being 12.5, but Jump Drives is .5. the only success I ever had in guaranteeing them was taking the extra tech option techs and government and then plowing through cheap techs until it's finally an option.
>>
>>149818032
What command is that? I only found research_technology on the wiki, and that researches all techs in the game
>>149818183
Alright, thats pretty fucked up
Sounds like in my last game I was incredibly lucky, it came up like three times in a row
>>
>>149818307
I think someone dug up that Jump Drives are supposed to be salvageable from Fallen Empires, but the flag doesn't actually work. Might be something to do with how FTL is segregated in game; you'll never get an option to research someone else's FTL tech just because you researched their ship debris.
>>
>>149818307
>What command is that? I only found research_technology on the wiki, and that researches all techs in the game
Look more, it was there already when the game was released, I doubt they actually removed it.
>>
>>149818510
Jump drives are a regular researchable tech, just like psi jump drives. You only need the right prereqs.
>>
I can't stop expanding. I can't. It's the industrial age, my happiness is dropping like a stone, there's no way these cities will ever be worth it, but god dammit, I see all these nice little unclaimed islands and I WANT THEM ALL.
Help.
>>
>>149818549
>>149818510
>>149818307
Okay so I found the right command, and there is nothing coming up for the jump drives. :( Looks like I got a bug, because I haven't researched it earlier

May it be because I uncovered some ships from an event that gave me a 5k fleet of jump drive ships?
>>
>>149817882
if you're going fanatic militarist, yes.

if anything else, no.
>>
File: jagsguy2.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
jagsguy2.gif
2MB, 200x293px
>>149815408
fucking faggot
>>
Since we're talking about RTS, how are Ashes of the Singularity and Act of Aggression?
>>
Don't answer all at once, okay?
>>
>>149822187
Ok.
>>
>>149822187
sure thing
>>
>>149822187
>>
I WANT TO BREED CLEO!
>>
>>149826910
Why did they shove literally the worst empress in history into the game?
>>
>>149828778
because
>she's well known
>she's influential
>she has personality
>>
>>149829107
Maybe they should give Egypt a -50% penalty to everything as a ruler trait, like they do with the rest, since they have cleopatra, worst of all time
>>
File: digbat.png (45KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
digbat.png
45KB, 500x314px
>>149826910

>black people think this was their ancestor
>>
>>149830141
>people
>>
>>149830141
>black
>>
>>149830141
>ancestor
>>
>>149822187
best fucking shit I have played in a LONG time!!
>>
>>149830141
>think
>>
>>149832118
Which one?
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (59KB, 920x610px) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
59KB, 920x610px
>Louis XIV isn't leading France and designed to look like Alan Rickman after one of his last films

shame on firaxis desu
>>
>>149834272
yes
>>
>>149834580
>asking a brit to play a french
>>
File: 20160727194423_1.jpg (482KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160727194423_1.jpg
482KB, 1920x1200px
what the fug is going on here?
>>
>>149837023
Pirates doing pirate things
>>
>>149837023
dead space
>>
>>149837023
Do pirates actually do something more other than spawning once and dying like flies afterwards?
>>
>>149836718
He co-directed the film, plus he looks like louis a lot anyway.
>>
File: 20160727221730_1.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160727221730_1.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
I did it. It only took me like a fucking week but I did it.
>>
>>149839865
Well done, Wakener.
>>
>>149839865
And did you also colonize every planet?
>>
>>149839865
you know you can go over 1000 fleet capacity right?
>>
>>149842758
N-no
>>
>>149844002
you only take an increase to ship maintenance which doesn't matter when you're that big
>>
File: 1423328449540.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423328449540.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>149839865
Well done, you are the only empire left in the galaxy with nothing left to conquer
>>
>>149844843
Oh, I thought you meant the capacity counter only displays up to 1000, but you can go over. If I hover over my naval capacity I have like ~2500 from pops alone. I guess I don't need over a 260k fleet anyways.
>>
Hello, Rob here.

Did Paradox fix this shit yet?
Are there over 9000 DLCs out already?
>>
File: William_(Civ5).jpg (897KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
William_(Civ5).jpg
897KB, 1920x1080px
>>149834580
Never liked this guy desu, because of his looks can't really take him seriously. His hair looks like he's one of the women from Witcher 3's B&W DLC

If he's in as an extra leader, I hope he has a deep voice like William from Civ V. He also looked like a joke but you do take him seriously because of his voice and shit.
>>
>>149778735
You're fucked. You better start building a bigger fleet asap.
>>
>>149848212
Well, I just conquered the Fallen Empire, ceding all of their valid Ringworld districts, then seized a few more planets from my western and southeastern rivals. My fleets (of which I have 5 of) are now currently at 20k-30k strength and I plan on warping straight to the Unbidden portal.

What forces can I expect to oppose me there? Shitloads of defense stations? 100k-strength enemy fleets? I read that they are extremely shield-heavy and use Matter Disintegrators, so I think I at least have an advantage in the form of longer-ranged Torps and Arc Emitters, both of which bypass (at least partially in the arc's case) shields.
>>
>>149848084
fuck off, rob
>>
>>149830141
Thye chat about nerfertiti not cleo. And Nef is only famous for her statues.
>>
>>149836718
>Asking an italian.
>>149848105
Implying you didnt take Willy seriously for his package.
>>
File: Bugged Hiawatha.png (1MB, 722x735px) Image search: [Google]
Bugged Hiawatha.png
1MB, 722x735px
>>
>>149828778
>>149829428
>I have no idea about actually bad Emperors
>says the worst Empress of all time was...someone who wasn't Empress, since they were a vassal state and Emperors can't be vassals
Look man, [Honorius].
>>
>>149839486
If you don't destroy their base they'll keep sending pirates in bigger waves
>>
File: suleiman smug.jpg (15KB, 203x233px) Image search: [Google]
suleiman smug.jpg
15KB, 203x233px
>>149826910
Civ SFM porn soon
>>
>>149864959
Urgh no.
>>
File: teddy.png (121KB, 1095x623px) Image search: [Google]
teddy.png
121KB, 1095x623px
>>149865119
Yes

At least I hope they fix them a little before making porn of them.
>>
>>149865295
>fixing the fat old man
???
>>
>>149865332
>>
File: teddy.png (118KB, 1094x621px) Image search: [Google]
teddy.png
118KB, 1094x621px
>>149865332
I meant to use it as reaction image, I don't fucking want porn of Theodore Roosevelt

Also I noticed I failed on using paint, I should just go to sleep now
>>
File: 1468046624660.gif (332KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468046624660.gif
332KB, 400x300px
>>149865402
>implying sluts ever know what they're doing
>>
>>149865451
>I don't fucking want porn of Theodore Roosevelt
He's going to rape your waifu along with QSH.
Fat old men are the preferred rapists.
I honestly really like Civ IV's leader intros when you clicked on them
>>
>>149865295
Am I glad that he's frozen in there, and that we're out here... and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here... and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the president?
>>
File: Praise the sun yo.jpg (56KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Praise the sun yo.jpg
56KB, 1000x500px
>>
Farewell 4x. You died as you lived.

Knowing what you were doing.
>>
>>149869396
>implying I do
Real talk what's the strategy on C2C? Is there a priority tech? Playing on Eternity btw

>>149869308
Kumo!
>>
>>149870785
I don't know about about Civilizations in general, but I'd say having high tech units is better than having a lot of shit tier units.
>>
>>149871000
it is
i only keep one of each unit type (melee, ranged, siege, mounted/armor) but keep them up-to-date and send them out fighting often for promotions, and they can wipe out entire armies on their own, but usually need a second or third battalion of the same 'one of each unit' and a great general for a full on war with taking cities
>>
>>149871000
It is
Right now though I feel like I'm overpowered. C2C's 'animal myth' buildings are NOT balanced for Eternity.
>>
>>149872160
Then you're probably lagging behind.

Tip number one : if you feel confident, it won't last. It applies to everything, even real life.
>>
>>149872412
Like hell I am
I researched Herbalism 170 turns ago and everyone else is still on it. I'm producing 43 research a turn with 0 investment while everyone else is producing 14 with investment, I checked in worldbuilder. The AI just doesn't do myths or some shit.
>>
>>149872575
That means you probably have cancer.

If everything is all right, it won't last.
>>
>Catherine De Medici ruler of France
>of all the famous French leaders they pick the Italian Consort
>mfw I'm on mobile and have no face

Now I know how all those faggots who flipped over Dido feel
>>
>>149873828
Personally I don't care since it's super moddable
I'd rather have a hot leader like Amaterasu for Japan for example, since we can always just mod in Hojo
>>
>>149873934
>hot leader
>like Amaterasu
So you're into dogs?
>>
>>149874017
>Sun Goddess Amaterasu
>a dog
Fuck off
yes I know what you're referencing
>>
File: Boxer.webm (726KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Boxer.webm
726KB, 480x480px
>>149874068
A

D
O
G

And a really cute one.
>>
>>149874209
what is he doing
>>
File: Cute boxer.webm (2MB, 496x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cute boxer.webm
2MB, 496x400px
>>149874394
Boxers that have their tails cut can't wiggle it. So instead, they wiggle their butts.

It's ridiculous but adorable.
>>
>>149874394
Trying to wag a clipped tail. Are you retarded anon?
>>
>>149874593
Why do you cut their tails, is there a health reason or something? I thought it was just a dog without a tail in general so I didn't know why he'd try wagging a tail he never had

>>149874615
I thought he didn't have a tail to begin with.
>>
File: Cute puppies.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Cute puppies.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>149874702
There's a health reason, but it's no longer done.

Clipping ears, however, was done just for the looks.

The dog I got from the animal shelter was a boxer who got her tail clipped with fucking garden scissors. There are no hairs on it because it's a botched job.
Poor cute little doggy.

Anyway, what were we talking about?
>>
>>149874702
As far as I'm aware there's no health reason for it. It's a practice that stems from dog fights where having a tail that could be bitten and latched onto was a disadvantage so they cut them.

It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>149874890
I thought tails could get infected really easily?
>>
>>149875762
If they're bitten or injured yes. So dog fighting.

There's no practical reason to dock their tails unless they're a fighting dog, which is a disgusting practice. And people who do it for aesthetic reasons are even worse since they're denying a dog of what is essentially a fifth limb because they think it looks good.
>>
>>149674345
> calls something "your anus" in a grand strategy

fuck man, just how bored are you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJ4ekCvdzY
>>
File: 1420359995656.jpg (12KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1420359995656.jpg
12KB, 249x249px
>>149877270
>that resolution
>single unit graphics
>health bar
>>
File: 1421560623450.jpg (111KB, 558x515px) Image search: [Google]
1421560623450.jpg
111KB, 558x515px
>>149877270
>>149877680
I thought it couldn't get worse but then I saw
>numpad help
>>
>>149877680
What wrong with a health bar
>>
>https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244854883
>Louis XIV mod for Civ V
>Louis uses the uniques from Napoleon and gives new uniques to Napoleon instead
Really makes you think
>>
>white only mod for stellaris
>everyone lose their shit
>hitler mod for Civ4
>nobody gives a fuck
Really make you think if Paradox know what they are doing.
>>
>>149878017
They're ugly as fuck.
>>
File: 815KIg8gqAL._SL1481_.jpg (298KB, 1164x1481px) Image search: [Google]
815KIg8gqAL._SL1481_.jpg
298KB, 1164x1481px
>>149874017
>>
>>149882256
10/10 would bang.
>>
>>149848105
I think he had a deep voice irl, I say that if they were going to do something with him they'd probably make him look fat with the caricature style they seem to have, though i'd prefer them just trying to make him look tough and beefy but also have that outward foppish feel. It would capture his rulership pretty well.
>>
Hey I need some advice for Civ IV on noble/prince, when is a good time to get out to settling new cities and how much should i care about placement and overlap?
>>
>>149883773
The placement will determine what your town will produce most.
Ideally, they shouldn't overlap.
>>
>>149704592

Aaaaand it means that an 5% party - whose policies are approved by 5% of the nation - can play kingmaker with two 45-45% parties and gather much more political clout than it should, AKA Hungary before Orban.

Or a bunch of 15% nobodies team up for leadership and make so many "consenses" with each other that their original policies - the reason why voters chosen them - turn into a diluted mess of nothing, AKA Germany or Austria.

Multiparty democracy is not the answer.

The answer is changing the system as by nation's needs.

Of course, I do not have an Uni degree so someone more educated than me can correct me.
>>
>>149884810
>someone can correct me
Don't tempt me.
>>
>>149885017

Now I am sure it wouldn't be you.
>>
>>149704592
>I wish there were a 4x game where the 4x was votes and you were playing as a political candidate
It doesn't sound like 4x game. Sounds like something else.

I would like to pay more games where I'm confined to controlling a small faction that might have additional influence on larger entities.

Like King of Dragon Pass or partially Crusader Kings (Though this isn't fully gameplay I dream about)
>>
File: The reckoning.png (26KB, 801x145px) Image search: [Google]
The reckoning.png
26KB, 801x145px
>>149885174
How is King of the Dradong Pass?
I heard it was shit, that it was hard, that it was too easy, that it was ridiculous, and that elves should die.
>>
>>149885290

/tg/ knows more about this game.
>>
>>149885493
Who?
>>
>>149885647
>>>/tg/
>>
>>149885290
It can be both too hard and too easy. You can own everything and then suddenly starve to death. The interface is obtuse, interactions between parameters might be written somewhere, but never on the same screen you are on when you need it. It's not that hard to stay afloat but I'm yet to win the long game.

There's a lot of random events some might be silly and you can add more silly events by appointing a trickster on your government.

Elves are shit. Their women give clan's warriors terrible STDs, but they are usually irrelevant.
>>
>>149885647

/tg/.

Traditional Games.

The DnD, Magic and Warhammer fanatics.

You know, the FOOKIN' NEEEEEEERDS.

They have threads about King of Dragon Pass once-a-while, they can help you more with that.
>>
>>149885754
>>149885861
Sorry, I completely failed to remember this was a board.

>>149885841
>Elves are shit
I like you.
>>
>start non fanatic spiritualist empire
>during first 10 years some pop changed their ethic
>purge commencing
I didn't appreciate ethic divergence until now
God damn do i miss it
>>
File: 1468539684873.jpg (145KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468539684873.jpg
145KB, 800x1200px
>Catherine de Medic
>notable ruler of France
Yes, I'm late but my outrage rivals the sun.
>>
>>149886670
Tu es corse, fermes-là.
>>
>>149886670
Lmao

There was a Chinese guy here, now you probably understand how he felt when he saw Zetian in Civ V

Though there is still possibilities of multiple leaders. I'm seriously not going to play the game if it doesn't come with Washington and Nappy or if someone doesn't make a quality mod of them
>>
>>149887286
>multiple leaders
Seriously, we need this.

It would shut up so much of the useless whining, it would shut up the SJWs, it would increase the replayability, and so on.

inb4 multiple leader DLC
>>
File: Richelieux.jpg (136KB, 691x922px) Image search: [Google]
Richelieux.jpg
136KB, 691x922px
>>149887131
Et quoi de ça?
>>
File: 1457268821555.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457268821555.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>149889505
Richelieu is a hero.
>>
File: 1458304790904.jpg (145KB, 640x842px) Image search: [Google]
1458304790904.jpg
145KB, 640x842px
I need more good neps mods.
>>
>>149887643
>Seriously, we need this.
Isn't it all but confirmed with the seperate civ/leader bonuses?
>>
>>149892918
Gotta have to wait for Civ 6 : Rebellion for that, homie.
>>
>>149892918
That's the fucking thing, it's simply not confirmed. And will the vanilla game with multiple leaders or not is also another matter
>>
>>149893672
Nigga please. We know what we're talking about.
>>
File: 12704_spearvstank.gif (708KB, 360x290px) Image search: [Google]
12704_spearvstank.gif
708KB, 360x290px
>>
So does the scourge always spawn near you?
>just researching stuff
>waging war with some fallen empire faggot who's been on my nerves since year 10
>suddenly, I'm getting gangraped by 70k fleet power zerg
>when I only have ~20k in my war at the moment
Fugg.
>>
>>149898170
No.
>>
>>149898170
It spawned on the opposite side last time

On a related note, does scourge run out of steam eventually? They blobed like crazy, ate half of the galaxy, destroyed empires, but then seemingly stopped. They did reach Enigmatic Observers' borders, so maybe those guys took notice.

Also what are sentinels good for? They somehow spawned right in the middle of scourge with predictable results.
>>
ded
>>
deder
>>
>>149884810
>>Or a bunch of 15% nobodies team up for leadership and make so many "consenses" with each other that their original policies - the reason why voters chosen them - turn into a diluted mess of nothing, AKA Germany or Austria.
This is literally just an argument against democracy.
Your "changing the system by a nation's needs" is a facile argument. How do you propose this be done? Autocracy? Because that would work, but no one seems willing to sacrifice their freedom for a more centralized power structure
>>
>>149885861
Dungeons and dragons is a shit game for shitter players
>>
>pick missiles because of cool factor
>battles take ages because of travel time
>get progressively more annoyed as the game goes on
fuck this game
>>
>>149780984
>major boost to research output
>bad

Materialist is fantastic.

It's just that the spiritualist ethics divergence reduction is by far and away the most powerful bonus in the game.
>>
>>149906015
Go for torpedoes. Same amount of flying objects, faster demolition due to shield bypass.
>>
>>149893672
It better not be some shitty ability to put leaders with other civs. That would cause all kinds of balance problems.
>>
>>149906283
I'd think materialist are supposed to get the best out of robots due to lack of objection to synth rights, but it's still minuscule.
>>
at this rate they have to release 1.3 in august

what would you like to get addressed the most?
>>
>>149906972
Diplomacy that makes sense.
>>
>>149906972
Tachyon lances. Right now there's no point in having anything else.

I don't think democracy is meant to spawn free leaders like this. It's a boon, but I don't think it's on purpose.

Nerf spiritualist science. Best tech should not be for them. If they are going for spiritualist=conformist angle, disallow spiritalists from encouraging free thoughts and maybe shift their unique tech toward conformity, happiness and social engineering. Psionic is not religion-exclusive.

Add more mandates for elections. Right now it's silly. Make presidents alter and lock policies as their platform - maybe buff democracies a bit as a compensation.

Better robots and transhumanism for materialists as a counter for psionics, if spiritualists get to keep them. Neutrals should be allowed both, but less powerful.
>>
>>149673280
I'm happy you people stopped using Kumo as OP.
>>
>expand
>some random empire is saying that my colony is too close to their borders and can i stop it
>oblige
>later that same empire puts a colony right on the border of my empire
>can't do shit about it
Nice game
>>
>>149908460
>>>can't do shit about it
Ever hear of the term "destroy everything"?
>>
>>149908460
>I can't do anything

I'm sorry you lack the hands to move your cursor to the "declare war" button.
>>
>>149911925
>>149912825
i mean diplomatically
I know i could rape and pillage but i wanted something more civilized
>>
>>149913391
>you try to colonize outward
>they threaten to rape and pillage you if you continue
>you stop

>they try to colonize outward
>???

I get what you're saying in that you cannot make a diplomatic threat and can only skip straight to war, but the outcome is still the same either way.
>>
>>
>>149887286
I'm the Chinese guy
Zetian would actually work really fucking well for Personality, since from what we can tell she acted like a slut really easily but was ice fucking cold otherwise, ambitious enough to try ending the dynasty early and make a new one but was also so insecure about what other people thought of her that she refused to let anything at all be written on her gravestone (in Chinese folk shit that essentially means damning yourself to starve forever in a void).
She was a shit choice for CiV though
>>
>>149908458
>used a spider picture exactly once
>'glad you stopped'
I'll do it next thread if you want.
>>
Why can't missiles retarget? It's so weird to see them disappear not to mention the decreased time to kill my enemies.
>>
>>149916668
Please don't.
I'm already seeing enough spiders in the EDF general, I can't stand more spiders.

Even if they're as cute as Kumo.
>>
File: future scientists.png (403KB, 590x453px) Image search: [Google]
future scientists.png
403KB, 590x453px
>>149886670
Just came here to shitpost about this too. Fucking hell. Next they'll replace Gandhi with Indira Gandhi to fill those women spots.

Also
>Victoria
just sat on her fat ass while thousands of others actually built her empire
>Cleopatra
some whore who fucked some roman guys

Sid Meier is literally rolling in his grave of cash
>>
>>149919440
Victoria is legit though, she's both iconic and pretty important
Cleopatra is just iconic.
>>
>>149690401
Your comment actually made me want to get stellaris
>>
>>149920431
>Cleopatra is just iconic
for being a slut
she's the messalina of egypt, just that Holywood made her a bigger deal
>>
>>149919440
>Next they'll replace Gandhi with Indira Gandhi to fill those women spots.
it has nothing to do with making civ equally about women though
theres 9 women to 13 men from the leaked image
>>
>>149920431
>>
>>149921032
I can already count 3 too many
>>
has anyone playing stellaris encoutered a bug ehere randomly generated empires change colors/emblems whenever you load a save. playing a pre-made empire keeps the emblem constant.
>>
>>149921134
You misswrote 6.
Women aren't that important in history. The fact that Civ6 tries to shove them down our throat is a bad omen.
>>
>>149922779
civ 5 had 9 female leaders as well. and civ 4 had 6. its not shoving it down anything, dude.
>>
>>149923408
I don't see you proving how women are relevant.
>>
>>149923584
I dont give a shit about how relevant women are, nor do I care about how many they put in the game. but you're acting as if civ 6 is the first one to put in a good amount of female leaders, when its just been something that civ games do, they like a mix. theres no special hidden agenda, nor is it some 'bad omen.'
>>
>>149923740
>I dont give a shit about how relevant women are
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>149923941
you must have a really low attention span, im sorry.
>>
>>149923740
The problem arises when people try to push for something close to a 50/50 split, even when it's completely unwarranted. I'm not going to say whether that is what's happening here, but you can hopefully understand why people might get annoyed when a less notable or influential female leader get picked over the 4 or 5 male leaders in the same nation's history that are, by any reasonable standard, better known or had a bigger impact on history (either national or world) or however you want to measure it.
>>
>>149920648
That's a pretty good reason though.
>find goody hut
>there's a barbarian sitting on it and he won't move
>whatever, barely kill it
>"map"
>aw shit whatever at least I can scout somewhere else
>wait a second
>zero (0) new tiles revealed
>it literally gave me a map of the areas I already explored
KILL IT
>>
>>149923941
>>149923584
Elizabeth, Catherine, Victoria off the top off my head. There aren't even that many female leaders to begin with.
They're therefore relevant, now stop being so extreme as to invalidate future complaints about the womyn being shoved into the game.
>>
File: Jumping_Spider_At_Rest.jpg (689KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jumping_Spider_At_Rest.jpg
689KB, 1920x1080px
>>149908458
>>
>>149924930
For one woman that is relevant, there are ten men that are relevant.
>>
>>149926590
Mainly because there's so many male leaders to begin with.
>>
>>149927892
Which only makes it even more suspicious to dig out the few female one.
>>
>>149928356
Not...really? Like, look at it this way, if we took truly relevant leaders of all time and chose 18 randomly we'd be lucky to get more than one or two from somewhere other than Europe, East Asia, and the Middle East.
>>
>>149928356
>suspicious
>bad omen
why do people here have to make everything out to be some sjw plot? they just want a mix. its like, literally EVERY other civ game. and most 4x games in general have several female leaders. if they really wanted to choose a bunch of super influential leaders, civilization would just be a bunch of european leaders. they arent doing it to try to get women to play the game, they're just doing it so they can have a good mix of leaders from all over the place.
>>
>>149929241
>sjw
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>149929324
damn, you have a really really low attention span. im sorry for your loss, dude.
>>
>>149929241
Not him but desu it's stupid this time around because these leaders are literal nobodies. Last time at least the female leaders were well-known, if not necessarily important. Who the fuck knows about Catherine diMedici? Not the normies.
Yeah you say they're choosing for personality but to me it feels like they're just choosing randomly. Cathy's personality really isn't standout, that one guy who thought Russia was Olga of Kiev would've had a case because Olga was batshit fucking insane would've played like Crusader Isabella on crack.
>>
>>149929584
>taking that retard seriously
You're wasting your time and your energy.
>>
>>149929671
I'm not agreeing with you either.
>>
>>149929792
>implying I'm taking part in that shitstorm
>>
>>149929584
its true that I dont believe that catherine was a great choice, though I think the reason why they chose her was related to them wanting an espionage leader, and she fit the bill. however, she is...the only one shown that is a nobody. everyone knows about cleo and victoria. people saying that these should be male leaders are just as bad as people saying the male leaders should be female.
>>
>>149930110
I'm not saying Vicky and Cleo should be male leaders (although Ozymandias fits better than Cleo imo, he was unironically full on I'M THE BEST JUST THE BEST, but even for espionage someone like Louis XI works fine. He was literally the conspiracy theory master, the nobles of France treated him like /pol/ treats the Jewish Menace, he was supposed to be behind everything.
>>
New player guide/tips for Stellaris?

Also, does Anno go here or is it elsewhere? Fairly new to srategy and civ games
>>
>>149931012
Don't pick fanatical trait.

You will spawn surrounded by empires that hate you.

Your best scientists will die on 99% success chance.

The entire galaxy hates you.

The game is incomplete.

You will have to wait for DLCs.

Deal with it.
Or get Distant Worlds.
>>
>>149931012
Torpedoes; get them as soon as you can, and once you have them, only use them until you reach end-game weaponry. Their range and 100% shield penetration is very strong, and early PD can have some trouble with them.
Doesn't matter if you want a political/peaceful game, build up your military fleet. If you're weaker than a nation that doesn't like you, they'll declare war.
Focus on expanding quickly early on; if you get boxed in, you won't be able to expand, and the other empires will take the planets you want if you don't take them first.
Influence is important, and there aren't many ways of boosting it's generation; if you roll the Society researches that boost your influence generation, they're probably the best choice.
>>
>want to try other weapon types
>my minmaxing autism makes it impossible
update this fucking tachyon lance OP bullshit faster god damn it
>>
benis
>>
>>149934884
ugh that's my line pal
>>
File: bros.jpg (23KB, 425x310px) Image search: [Google]
bros.jpg
23KB, 425x310px
>>149755613
>>149755741
>>149755862

Howdy y'all - not sure what the legitimacy of the 'chart' is. But if there is going to be a Civ alphabetically between Germany and Greece in the new game it's going to be Ghana, the first independent African state of the post-colonial era. If the leader is glorious socialist revolutionary and founder Kwame Nkrumah (the African Lenin) I'll forgive Sid Meier for taking Mao away from us so many years ago.

I believe it would also be the West African nation's debut in the series, a far more appropriate addition than the Scythians, most well known for being an easter egg ally to the Huns in an Age of Empires 2 quest.
>>
>>149937151
>most well known for being an easter egg ally to the Huns in an Age of Empires 2 quest.
Scythian Wild Women were funny.

>Ghana
>GHANA
>FUCKING KONGO AND GHANA INSTEAD OF MORE THAN ONE OF PERSIA MONGOLIA AND OTTOMAN
>>
>>149937490
If they're going to have a Real World map option in the vanilla, it does make sense to sacrifice an Asian, Middle Eastern, or (God forbid) European Civ for a few African ones. Otherwise, you end up with massive depopulated landscapes which defeats the purpose of the game mode.

They also botched the Ottomans so bad in Civ V I'm not even upset to seem them go.

That said it's also pathetic that we even accept the fact that the game is sold to us half complete and that we have to gradually buy up the remaining civs, lol.
>>
>>149937984
>lol
???
>makes sense
Just fill it with Barbarians ffs or some shit
Kongo and Ghana are literally 'where the fuck' tier compared to Persia, one of the three ancient great powers, Ottomen, the biggest middle eastern empire, and Mongolia, the biggest land empire period, not to mention the innovations all three created. Even the fucking Scythians contributed more than Ghana.
>>
File: 20160728221206_1.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160728221206_1.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
About to start my first game. Did I make any big mistakes?
>>
>>149937151
>ghana
Just arrived at the same conclusion. At least we could get Morocco or Ethiopia, which actually did something.

>kongo
>ghana
why
>>
>>149937984
In that case, why not put in some sort of Australian civ, abbo or otherwise?
As it is, Australia on a real world map is just completely barren
>>
>>149938526
Fuck's sake I'd take Mali AND Aksum if they'd drop either Kongo or Ghana
Like, shit, you want token African civilizations? Okay, but can we have ACTUAL 'civilized' African civilizations?
Civiliopedia tends to make everything sound 'epic' if that makes sense but how the fuck are they going to make Kongo Kongo Bongo sound epic?
>>
So since the Corvette evasion nerf is the best fleet composition just Battleships with Tachyon Lances and 120 range artillery, with a couple of aura ships backing them up?
>>
File: gnn[1].jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gnn[1].jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
>>149673280

Jesus wept, how are you supposed to get GGPD 50% or higher for 10 turns for an economic win? I'm already by far the largest civ and have the best fleet and the most technology, but even with all of that I'm barely scraping 30%. It seems like the only way to get an economic win is to win through every other means and then clobber the shit out of your opponents until your GDP is the only one left. Is there a better way?
>>
>>149939247
What game
>>
>>149939383

Master of Orion
>>
>>149938456
>individualist
>militarist
>warp
You're going to regret it, but it's fine for learning.
>>
>>149938723
Probably something or another about Katanga and throwing the Dutch out, when that's not even remotely the case.
>>
>>149938694
Well, given that Australia itself was settled thousands of years later than just about every other part of the globe that isn't too unreasonable, although I would certainly like to see a few Pacific Islander civs.

>>149938526
>>149938172
I don't know, I usually enjoy playing the less historically expansive civs and bringing them to victory. I suppose I understand people wanting to stick with the same batch of civs over and over again, but at the end of the day there's really no criteria for selecting a civ for vanilla since no game of Civ ever mirrors the actual geopolitics of history (no one would play it, if that were the case). Some of my favorite games in Civ 5 were with Poland.

I don't know anything about Kongo, but I'm excited to bring Ghana to imperial heights and plunder the richest of Europe and the Far East.
>>
>>149939509
What ethics would you use instead?
>>
>>149939838
>Some of my favorite games in Civ 5 were with Poland.
You mean the superpower of Europe in its heyday?
>>
>>149939838
The criteria for selecting civilizations has always been historical importance with the exception of Sumeria which is more about being the very first.
>>
File: original.gif (948KB, 318x162px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
948KB, 318x162px
>>149924623
Just curious, do you also get mad when Civs like Japan build the Pyramids?
>>
>>149939509
>>individualist
>>militarist
that is probably the worst combination possible
>>
>>149939247
yeah thats pretty much the way to go, beating up your rivals helps almost every type of victory in 4x games.
>>
>>149940309
It's more like getting mad that the Pyramids aren't a world wonder in favor of I don't fucking know the Circus Maximus
>>
File: 1373297767819.jpg (10KB, 303x276px) Image search: [Google]
1373297767819.jpg
10KB, 303x276px
>>149940102
That's not even kind of an historical timeline. At no point in history was Poland a "superpower." That word is exclusive to the 20th century. What even is Poland's "heyday"? When it was part of Lithuania?

For all the griping about staying true to the history y'all don't seem to be too particular with how you cite it.
>>
Any recommendable Stellaris LPers? Quill and Arumba are fuckinv retarded, I've never even played the game and I'm picking up on tons of shit planning on both their series.
>>
>>149940637
The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth wasn't lead by Lithuania, and superpower here is used as 'fuckhuge and strong for its region'. If France actually merged with Spain it's undoubtably be a 'superpower' even if the word didn't exist.

>>149940736
>watching LPs of Paradox games
Do you want cancer?
>>
>>149940496

That's pretty disappointing. I guess that's another area where Amplitude is ahead.
>>
>>149940736
just fucking play it if you want to learn
>>
File: 1452234913154.png (1MB, 856x894px) Image search: [Google]
1452234913154.png
1MB, 856x894px
>>149940537
But how can you be upset that the developers choose a "less historically important" female leader for a particular civ when the very nature of the game is so ahistorical that Pacachuti can found Judaism, build the Taj Mahal, and slaughter the Greeks with a Knight raid in 500 AD while building a trade network between his immediate neighbors, the Vatican City and Laos????
>>
Is kinetic artillery any good? save me from tachyon lances
>>
>>149941169
My understanding is that the lances are slightly better on average, but lances are better v armour and artillery are better v shields.
>>
>>149940394
I'm open to changing the ethics, if there's a better way of doing things.
>>
File: 1468411821661.jpg (676KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1468411821661.jpg
676KB, 2048x2048px
>>149941080
I'm not him though. I don't give a shit about female leaders, but the idea is that he's not mad about the option being there but mad about them being there in lieu of more important and iconic ones.
The freedom to do whatever the fuck you want and "build the Taj Mahal right in Cleveland" is part of the charm, but people don't want some shitty tiny-ass slavic temple instead of the Parthenon for a reason.
>>
Reminder that a bunch of people are playing civ 6 today and tomorrow and expect actual footage to come out next week.
>>
>>149941351
Let's hope it's not shit
>>
>>149938456
>meme terialist
warp is the worst one by far
>>
File: 1452234534475.png (526KB, 764x705px) Image search: [Google]
1452234534475.png
526KB, 764x705px
>>149940893
Lmao you really just read the third paragraph on Poland's Wikipedia entry didn't you?

And no, superpower does not refer to a nation "strong for its region." The word came into being specifically to account for a nation with truly global dominance, a situation that only arose well after industrialization.

But I'll refer you to my other post to demonstrate the complete idiocy of demanding an historically faithful Civ game:
>>149941080
>>
>>149941169
>>149941224
Doesn't Kinetic artillery have splash damage?
>>
>>149941261
Are the World Wonders for Civ VI already all unveiled? Which WW are you sad didn't make the cut?
>>
File: Civ map.png (39KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
Civ map.png
39KB, 1357x628px
>I want more european civs!

Red: In that leak
Blue: Ones that are actually needed.

And wouldn't multiple leaders per civ be nice too.
>>
>>149941247
if you're going individualist which I consider broken atm, then your best bet is to go pacifist for all the +happiness modifiers and maybe choose a government that gives -%ethics divergence because individualists tend to change their ethics a lot.
>>
The way they've set it up makes multiple leaders a real possibility.
>civ unit
>civ building
>civ bonus
>leader unit/bonus
>>
File: AllTheBaitInThisWorld.png (46KB, 366x550px) Image search: [Google]
AllTheBaitInThisWorld.png
46KB, 366x550px
>>149941492
>Lmao you really just read the third paragraph on Poland's Wikipedia entry didn't you?
Nice assumption faggot, but I'm not demanding a historically accurate Civilization game or I'd go to modded EU4 or some shit. No, I'm asking for non-literal nobodies to be included over important civilizations. Yeah sure, include Kongo and Ghana over Persia, Ottoman, and Mongolia, why the fuck not because "iz not le historically aggurade lmao lolol xd"
>And no, superpower does not refer to a nation "strong for its region." The word came into being specifically to account for a nation with truly global dominance, a situation that only arose well after industrialization.
Just like 'nation' and 'nationality' wasn't a real thing in the olden days but we still bunch the Gauls and the Chinese together right? I just clarified what was meant by my usage. If you're going to dispute the PLC was powerful then you're just retarded as well as a baiter using shitty reaction images

>>149941720
>which world wonders
Are you pretending to be stupid? I'm not mad about the female leaders so don't turn up that, but neither am I mad about world wonders. I'm using it as an example for why someone would be angry about it. I personally don't care.

>>149941889
I dunno why they aren't announcing it though
Maybe because it'll put pressure on them to have more prepared at launch?
>>
>>149941746
>implying Civilization has anything to do with geographic cover
Look, Ottoman, Rome, China, Russia, "Scandinavia", India and Persia alone can cover almost all of Eurasia. To cover the rest there's a huge number you'd need. It's always been about relevance and civilization.
>>
>>149942084
>to have more prepared at launch
>in [THE CURRENT YEAR]
More like they decide which parts of the game will be chopped for future DLCs.
>>
>>149942084
>I dunno why they aren't announcing it though
I would have thought it would come out as dlc along with new civs, since I don't really know what they can do other than more wonders/civs/leaders.
The base game is apparently including every mechanic from civ5 other than the world council
>>
>>149942402
They literally said they wanted to balance the real world map games.
>>
>>149940972
My computer won't be finished for another week or I would
>>
>>149942402
yet I managed to do it with only 3 extra ""civs"" (abbos maori zulu) Rest are relevant.
>>
>>149942497
The problem with that is argentina, chile and venezuela all of really similar histories until the last 50 years or so.
Same with iroquois, cherokee, blackfoot, apache or shoshone or most other natives.
>>
>>149941793
I've got conformist for the ethics drift, though. Might go pacifist instead of militarist, though. I don't like how it forces you into shoot first ask questions later first contact situations.
>>
>>149942421
>The base game is apparently including every mechanic from civ5 other than the world council
it is, and the world council will probably make it back in a dlc. after all, it was total bullshit in civ 5 and really would need a total overhaul to work properly.

as for multiple leaders per civ, im sure it will be dlc. they'll put out 'alternate leader' packs, giving out new leaders for various civs, though probably not all of them (some civs in civ 4 didnt even have another leader, while some had 3)
>>
>>149942413
I'm not saying they would be doing it but announcing it only to ship with only one-leader-per-civ is going to cause backlash.

>>149942421
They can polish the new features or something
Give 'barbarians' diplomacy since at the start of the game in Civ VI you're essentially just 'we at war murgh-urgh' and 'we peace now hohohaw'.
Expand the District and evolutionary diplomacy system
Colonies

>>149942497
Yeah, so to do that we'd need about 7-9 Eurasian Civilizations and dozens of American and African ones and at least one Australian one. I don't mind more African Civilizations. I mind getting them over two of Persia, Mongolia, and Ottoman. To be honest Scythians are a cop-out too.

>>149942634
If they put on Mali, Morroco, Aksum, etc. then I'd be all for it. They didn't, they went for things that aren't even memes.

>>149942689
>Same with iroquois, cherokee, blackfoot, apache or shoshone or most other natives.
Not according to revisionists.
>>
>>149942634
>maori
Couldn't they just do generic polynesia again?
>>
>>149942689
Pick one then, who was the biggest and meanest?

>>149942843
Doesn't need to be too much, just avoid having huge swaths of land with absolutely fucking nothing there (south america/australia/south and west africa are the biggest offenders)

Besides an abbo civ would be fun.
>Worker can only build reservations that grant faith/culture and claim luxuries/strategics
>Lower penalty for having niggertons of cities and land
>Higher penalty for being tall
>>149942936
Does it really matter though? Just as long as there's a pacific civ.
>>
>>149943190
Che
I don't like trying to balance for a global map, this isn't a paradox game either where everyone is taking their turns all at once
I'd personally just fill it with generic civilizations.
>>
>>149943334
>I don't like trying to balance for a global map
that's like your opinion man
>>
>>149943490
Everything we say here is a fucking opinion. History itself is basically an opinion of which accounts we think are real or reliable.
>>
>>149755385
>Pericles for the greeks
Neat
>Medicis in France instead of Italy
why though

>the only italians we will ever get are the romans and venice
>>
>>149943598
This thread is a joke.
>>
>>149944382
Maybe I DID make a mistake making the OP a meme.
Someone else make the next OP BEFORE we die this time thanks, I'm going to be busy.
>>
>>149942691
>conformist
the traits only apply to your primary sp[ecies, once you start getting other species in your empire ethics divergence become a real problem.
>>
File: 20160729113947_1.jpg (286KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160729113947_1.jpg
286KB, 1366x768px
desert folklore or one with nature in this situation?
>>
>>149945536
How many cities are you planning on later, because one with nature is best if you just want a religion quick
>>
>>149945604
probably just 1 by all the incest at this point.
>>
>>149945536
Imagine Spain with that start.
>>
HAHA PAGE TEN
>>
File: civfive6.jpg (533KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
civfive6.jpg
533KB, 1914x1172px
Now begins the rise of the Spanish empire.
>>
>>149950642
What speed you playing on? Marathon?
>tfw still get triggered by modern capital (first city) names
>tfw "Beijing" for China or "Tokyo" for Japan
R-reee
>>
Can anyone share Awakening mod for Stellaris?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719876273

It doesn't seem to be in the archive.
>>
>>149950930
Standard. Marathon games don't end.
>>
>>149950930
but it's Kyoto for Japan. Tokyo is third settlement.
>>
>>149938172
>Just fill it with Barbarians ffs or some shit
No lad, that's the thing. IIRC, they said TSL maps would be balanced, so they are trying to put "civs" from every part of the world, because of this I can understand why they chose only one of Persia, Ottomans or Mongolia

Don't get me wrong, I'd also like them all. But you have 18 civ limit, and you have to fill the map with civs, not leaving any empty place. So you have to make sacrifices.

>>149950930
In Marathon there's no way he would be have 8 turns left on pottery at turn 2, I think it's the standard one
>>
>>149950642
>rushing pottery with all those hills around

What am I missing?
>>
>>149951971
Pretty sure it's Tokyo, I remember getting triggered by that.
>>
>>149952157
Nah, it's Kyoto. You can see the lists of their cities on their wiki pakes: http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Japanese_(Civ5)

There are a few cases of what you meant though, like IIRC, Thebes wasn't the capital when Ramesses II ruled Egypt
>>
File: pepe (3).png (9KB, 363x349px) Image search: [Google]
pepe (3).png
9KB, 363x349px
How and Where can I upload a Mod if I have pirated Stellaris?

It's an overhaul.
>>
Is there something like Aurora for mobile?
>>
>>149951134
Found it.
>>
File: 1425129640430.png (339KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1425129640430.png
339KB, 680x680px
>>149952418
>Alexander's capital is Athens

it's an old anger, but it still simmers
>>
>>149952460
Download someone else's or upload your own?

Downloading: http://stellaris.smods.ru/

For uploading try getting in contact with someone here: https://plus.google.com/communities/100644482381435508067/
>>
>>149952460
There's a guy here who put a mod on Stellaris workshop, Blades of Stellaris or something like that. I guess you can ask him to put your mod there
>>
What are some good civ youtube channels?

Not counting Marbozir, his accent is too heavy for me to listen to and comprehend while i'm in bed and barely awake
>>
File: theundyingone.png (793KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
theundyingone.png
793KB, 1360x768px
I can't believe this guy is still alive.
>>
>>149952061
I always start with pottery. Granaries and shrines and writing are too important.

William's pretty well neutered at this point. Captured two settlers and a worker so far. Amsterdam has the potential to be a fucking amazing city, but it's right in Austria, England, and maybe Poland's sights, so William can keep his house.
Greenland expedition went well, but Songhai beat me to northern Africa. That's really bad; Civ IV leader traits mean his troops are badass and his cities are rock solid. Gonna be a bitch and a half to kick him out. Maybe win him over by tag-teaming Morocco then stab him in the back?
>>
>>149954536
>Civ IV Leader Traits
>In Civ V?

What does that mean? Is that a mod? If so, where can I find it?
>>
>>149954536
mah pics
>>
File: civfive7.jpg (617KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
civfive7.jpg
617KB, 1914x1172px
Fucking captcha stop making me not post pics aaa

>>149954724
Yeah. It's great.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=530701
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298018585
>>
>>149954943
>that pathetic fucking Corsica and Sardinia

Disgusting. That's why I like the Western Europe map so much more.
>>
>>149941746
Inca, Zulu, Songahi/Mali, Ethiopia, Siam, Indonesia, Polynesia Mongolia.

Sorted.
>>
So uh how do I capture this planet?

It's within my borders, it has primitives on it, but it also has empty tiles. Colonist won't colonise coz I'm not the owner of the colony, army won't invade because I don't have a colony, navy just sits there doing fuckall.
>>
>>149955752
oh nvm after i posted here i googled for 5 seconds and found it's because of my policy
>>
>>149941746
>aztec covering all of mexico

The aztec empire isn't close to that big. You have to recall mesoamerica at the time was for the most part city states and nations of allied city states. As a result, the geographic space any particular group controlled was relatively small compared to nations in eurasia.
>>
File: 20160728231326_1.jpg (735KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160728231326_1.jpg
735KB, 1920x1080px
>>149955752
>when your border states start throwing in with USA despite him backstabbing first Darius then Temujin through Declaration of Friendship then Open Borders then Declare War

I hate it.
Also Dido is a chump.
>>
>>149955975
another pic
>>
>>149955946
Wait no my policy is already unrestricted. Why can't I blast these faggots into history?

>>149956096
I don't think you meant to reply to me m80.
>>
>>149956096
I like your map, not much empty places
>>
>>149955975
To be fair, "independent" city-states and nations were often still subject to Aztec flower wars and other forms of subjugation. They were definitely the dominant regional power, without question.
>>
>>149955752
>>149956202
pls help
>>
File: civfive8.jpg (583KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
civfive8.jpg
583KB, 1914x1172px
>Gonna be a bitch and a half to kick him out. Maybe win him over by tag-teaming Morocco then stab him in the back?
So, uh, about that. Jesus, Ahmad, what did he do to piss you off? Isn't he supposed to be all peaceful and nice?
>>
>>149956452
That Marrakech is in a pretty good ln actually
>>
>>149954083
bumping this
>>
File: civfive9.jpg (580KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
civfive9.jpg
580KB, 1914x1172px
>>149957347
Isn't it? Gonna be a jewel of the empire for sure.
Well that was fucking fast. I was really hoping I'd be able to use Morocco's big warmonger penalty for wiping out a civ against him, but nobody seems to care. I forget, do you still get warmonger penalties with civs who haven't met the civ you're warmongering against?

Also William founded a religion, right in my face. What a prick. A dumb, suicidal prick.
Also also, do people care about my blogging? Usually wouldn't, but beggars can't be choosers for posts in this general.
>>
File: laughing george.jpg (166KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
laughing george.jpg
166KB, 500x370px
>>149954536
>pottery
>>
>>149958667
>do people care about my blogging?
Nah, this is like progress posting in /gsg/. So long as you're doing something interesting or there's a gimmick, I don't mind reading it so long as there's not more than one person attempting to do so at the same time.
>>
So for roleplay purposes. Would you say the Irkens are a Military Dictatorship or Despotic Empire?
The Dictatorship would let you build, "The Massive" But Despotic Empire could fit too since it's a birth thing to be able to grow the tallest.
>>
>>149956096
Dido is a cockslut
>>
Is the game unfucked yet?
>>
>>149957537

This depends on what you want

If you just want to see Civ being played, Quill is fair enough. If you know how to play Civ V + Vox Populi because he does that nowadays, bring some liquor to knock yourself out because you're going to see some shit

If you want more of an educational/guide channel, FilthyRobot is the way to go. He tells you what shit and what isn't (In Vanilla, although at this point it's more worth your time trying to learn Vox Populi from scratch)
>>
>>149962408
I actually already watch both.

I like quill's videos but he makes mistakes even I notice despite only playing on prince, and I've pretty much watched all his civ 5 vanilla (or close to vanilla) videos.

The thing with filthyrobot is he almost always does MP, and I only ever play SP. So I was hoping to find a good SP channel.
>>
>>149961715
one that would stab you after sex

>>149962408
>bring some liquor to knock yourself out because you're going to see some shit
what do you mean by that? I like quill but I didn't really watch any of his videos, if they are interesting I might watch them

>>149962531
Desu I watched a few of Shen's civ videos. Not really a fan of him but I kinda like the guy, sometimes makes me laugh and he's not really bad at games, though not great either. Just watch his videos for a few minutes, if you like them stick with it imo
>>
>>149962721
link to channel
>>
>>149962796
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMK5arl0o25zXhFk8xmm4Zg
I learned how to play Victoria 2 from this guy btw, but you might not like him dunno
>>
>>149962721
>one that would stab you after sex
More like one that doesn't take kindly to being dumped
Anyway I'm off, someone remember to make a thread before we kill
>>
>>149955975
I used the same circle for everything but america settle down.
>>
File: civfive10.jpg (611KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
civfive10.jpg
611KB, 1914x1172px
That giant army Morocco had apparently killed itself attacking Gao. Marrakech still put up a hell of a fight, though.
Egypt forced me into an early war I didn't want because my troops got to close. Close as in on the other side of those mountains near Memphis. Fucking Ramesses, I swear. Now Europe's pissy for me slaughtering foreign heretics. I really need a racism mod to avoid stuff like this.
Shaka's made it really far north, is between me and Egypt, and Impi's are around, and he hates me for some reason. This is concerning.
Lastly, tearing up half of north Africa means Ethiopia wants to be friends. Obviously.

>>149959686
Glad to hear it.

>>149958747
I'm sorry, you're right, I should start with mining so my 0 workers can improve tiles I'm not working. Or husbandry so I can possibly maybe probably not get 1 more production. Or archery because I'm a fucking idiot. Pottery -> Writing is objectively the best opening research line.
>>
>>149961715
>kicking England out of Africa
>huh, which city did their capital go to after London?
>oh
>Dido got defeated by a single battleship and ironclad while I was busy
>>
>>149950642
>turn 2
>1 faith per turn
???
>>
>>149954083
first 70 games or so are on vanilla
everything after that is various versions of no quitters mod
https://www.youtube.com/user/FilthyRobotChannel/videos
>>
>>149965545
see >>149954943
>>
>>149965669
see
>>149962531
>>
>>149965545
>>
>>149929241
>. if they really wanted to choose a bunch of super influential leaders, civilization would just be a bunch of european leaders. they arent doing it to try to get women to play the game, they're just doing it so they can have a good mix of leaders from all over the place.
just because Europeans are the only people you know doesn't mean they're the only ones who were influential
if anything, they were only really super influential in Europe, which makes sense

Arguably the greatest influences on all of modern history have come from the Middle East, what with Muhammad and Jesus (though mostly the tale of Jesus) and Moses. The Chinese, Genghis Khan, Muslim leaders, Indian leaders (because believe it or not, Indians were pretty fucking important back in the day), etc.

Africans are pretty rare as influential leaders, and the Americas might as well not exist in terms of global influence because it just straight up didn't exist to people before it was colonized, but it's not just Europeans. Europeans and Asians, more like.
>>
>>149930110
If they wanted an espionage leader, why not the first fucking Chinese emperor? He is literally famous for his insane amounts of paranoia

Didn't he fucking ban ANY wheels from every using the road network of China, so as to prevent an army mobilizing against him, forcing peasants to carry shit on their backs or on animals of burden?
>>
>>149967005
>europeans were really influencal
>in Europe
WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK
Don't forget to say that Atahualpa was extrememly influencal in his throne room.
>>
>>149967491
Are you dyslexic or just fucking retarded? That's my goddamned point you cock-addled nigger cattle

Europeans are mostly hugely influential WITHIN THE CONFINES OF EUROPE

Saying they're the only realistic Civ leader choices if you're interested in actually influential leaders is a dogshit argument because European leaders are only famous and well-known now because European culture is what we're familiar with BECAUSE WE LIVE IN EUROPEAN-DERIVED CULTURES you absolute mongoloid mouthbreathing fucknugget

Kill yourself
>>
>>149967607
>european leaders are influencal in Europe
No shit, Sherlock. Didja found that on your own or did your mother helped figure this out?
Don't forget that water get things wet, that fire burn, and that people die when you kill them.
>>
why are we getting cleopatra
>>
>>149967846
To cater to the SJW.
>>
>tfw don't care about female leaders, although Catherine de Medici is kind of questionable but whatever, she was technically a french queen
>tfw don't care about the art style, even like it somewhat
>tfw cautiously optimistic about the game
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 662x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 662x786px
So anyone conquer the whole galaxy and then purge all pops at once yet?
>>
>>149968179
No, but we reached autosage.
It's time to know what we're doing and make a new thread with less spiders and more memes.
>>
New thread :
>>149970112
>>149970112
>>149970112
>>
>>149960110

dictatorship

They dont have parents remember?, they grown on tanks.
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.