[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/evog/ - Evolve General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 825
Thread images: 90

File: Evolve-DLC.png (331KB, 940x526px) Image search: [Google]
Evolve-DLC.png
331KB, 940x526px
EVERYTHING is OP edition

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
http://evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vg-Evolve

last bred: >>147966860
>>
How Jewish are they going to get when they reveal the cash shop?
>>
>>148020994
first for discussing progression systems in a civil way
>>
WHY ARE ALL THE MONSTERS SO OP???
>>
>>148021110
hard to say being jews destroyed their game the first time.who knows if they've learned.
>>
>>148021110
Currently there are characters that cost 9500 silver.
You make 20-100 silver per game without level up/achievement bonuses, and that's during double silver weekend.

Take a wild guess.
>>
I'm pretty sure the original Doom had more multiplayer game modes on launch than this game does.
>>
>>148021125
I guess it would be better giving a "tree" progression system
You start with one tier 1 assault, that at level ten lets you choose one tier 2 assault, at level 20 another t2, and t2 at level 10 let you choose one t3 character.
But this would render keys almost useless
>>
>>148021281
It's almost like Doom was a piece of garbage and it's multiplayer modes consisted of 20 lines of code.
>>
How do I check other players' ping
and how do I check other players' perks
?
>>
>>148021360
Escape
You can't
>>
>>148021282
Buying characters is fine, the perks are fucked though.

You either don't buy them and get them by leveling characters, which means you are weak until you unlock them, or you buy them wasting silver because you would have got them them for free eventually.

Honestly buying bronze or silver perks is a massive waste of currency, gold take so long to unlock that it might be worth it to buy them.
>>
>>148021474
So... how do you plan strats and stuff with teammates or prepare for enemy perks?
>>
>>148021493
>or you buy them wasting silver because you would have got them them for free eventually.

Each perk has 3 levels. If you get a perk on level up after you buy it, the perk is levelled up automatically. You should definitely buy certain perks early. Like the Feeding and movement speed Silver Monster perk.
>>
>>148021493
it is fine, but evolve always lacked a real progression system, because it has 1 progression system for every character
the progression system is what keeps peeps playing
>>
>>148021598
You can get all 3 levels by leveling characters though.

The silver you get for reaching a character level that unlocks a perk you already have is fucking miniscule to.
Buy a perk for 3k and you get 300 back after you reach a level where you would unlock it.
>>
>>148021734
>the progression system is what keeps peeps playing
Unfortunately.
>>
>>148021772
Progression is just one of those reward feedbacks that you cant fight against
It makes everything feel meaningful
>>
File: 20160710150524_1.jpg (213KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160710150524_1.jpg
213KB, 1366x768px
>play Bucket
>do good
>get called useless by team
>this is battle report

not the best damage, but not bad. is there a possibility to see how well my team was?
>>
What are good Jack perks?
Movespeed to position yourself easier?
I already have all hunters/monsters
>>
What are the most essential perks to get for the hunters?
>>
>>148021508
You can't evolve isn't a game where you strategize its a team death match .
>>
How the fuck does reload work in this game.
It feels like every weapon gets instantly reloaded by switching to it.
>>
>>148021976
Weapons reload even if you don't have them in your hand
The game wants you to be constantly using all of your kit
>>
>>148021754
if you get the right perks you can outscale people the same level as you really quickly.
>>
>>148021903
Bucket's strength isn't really his damage, even though it's a bonus, but his mechanized cooldown. Double shield and heal burst for team is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>148021772
it's psychology
normo peeps must have something to aim for
watch the other "big" f2p
Warframe, k?
It has a lot of small progression system, that go and give you rewards periodically.
So each day you take endgame keys, that give you experience and reputation. With that reputation you gain exp or new weapons, or better versions of weapons. Weapons, side arms, and characters all level up. Companions level up, and all goes to both your general account and a sort of super power you can use every 180 seconds, but only if you finish the story quests.

Let's go to planetside 2
Planetside lacks class progression, because a lot of weapons are shared, and nothing tells you that you're a good medic or a good engineer or a good sniper or a good tank driver. But there are a lot of smaller "ribbons" that will be given every 10 kills.

Do you know how most F2P make people play? By placing a big bright unmovable experience bar just below your eyesight.
>>
>>148022025
Should I bother shooting the smg at all or switch back to harpoon immediately as griffin?
>>
Rocket man/Rocket lord/Rocket King?
>>
>>148022207
keep switching
it's 400 damage with a reload+ 50/150 with the harpoon
>>
File: ekrak.jpg (723KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ekrak.jpg
723KB, 1920x1080px
Why is Elder Kraken so good?
My first 2 games and I stage 1 wiped both off them
I didn't even know what my buttons did in the first game.
>>
>>148022503
It won't work after Level 20.
Level 11 is just really stupid pubs.
>>
>>148022503
I still have no idea what Elder Krak does
I just see tons of fucking red effects that fill the screen
>>
Holy shit pubs are bad.
>>
>>148022910
thats the main problem with Kraken and Wraiths
they wont be as OP when the player could tell what the fuck is going on on the screen
>>
>Harpoon Wraith
>She punches the air like a retard and destroys it, probably without realizing it was there

Well fuck man, what im supposed to do in this situation
>>
>>148023820
go crow
>>
>>148023954
>slow wraith
>she just dashes around in the air instead

Love it.
>>
>>148023820
Hit her from the back when she charges warp blast. It stops her dead and makes it miss which saves your team a ton of HP
>>
I just played against a Wraith that was so bad that it couldnt damage pretty much anyone in the team as we took 2 bars of health in the first level 1 dome and as she retreated we all went towards her and ot downed in a fucking insane flurry of combos
I dont like blogpost but we just got fucking outplayed to the max
>>
guys don't waste your keys literally only buying perks that increase feed speed.

and hunters only use perks with jet packs or use sunny.

The game is stupid when you have over 100% feed speed or jet pack shit. the other guy cant compete.
>>
>>148024269
Hey did I just play you?
>>
>>148023992
no no, use crow's other gun
>>
I'm assuming that by doing all this work to make the game F2P that the devs are going to continue supporting it. Is it likely that they will release new monsters and hunters in the future?
>>
Is anyone playing together in here?
>>
>>148024283
Shit, this explains those games where the monster gets to level 2 within a minute of the hunters dropping.

>>148024498
For a fee, and before the others ones are balanced or bugs are fixed. :)
>>
>>148024498
new skins maybe.
They said a long time ago the reason everything was dlc was because everything was so hard to make and cost loads ov mone.
I just can't see them doing it for free.
>>
>>148024570
had a M Goliath do it to me before i figured it out. he had some crazy long win streak.
The only way he could of evolved so fast is if he literally was just speed eating his name was benoff something.
>>
>>148024680
I'm glad the developers are intentionally facilitating such unbalanced gameplay.
>>
How in seven hells do I kraken?
I bought it because no one seemed to play it but I have no clue how to not die at stage 1.
>>
>>148024402
We were Hyde Abe Slim and Bucket
>>
How Toaster friendly is this game?
>>
Makarov or Edgy Makarov? Who's better?
>>
>18 win streak as Wraith
I never thought winning would get boring, but here I am.
>>
>>148025323
We're in the same boat, 100% win ratio with Wraith.
>>
>>148024834
They are FORCING it. It's the only thing the monster can do to win. Run and eat as fast as possible before the hunters reach it. Evolve is no longer a hunting game, it's an arena deathmatch.
>>
>>148025323
What's your starting build?
>>
>>148025150
Look at the recommended requirements

If you have a mid range PC you can probably run it on medium 60 fps.
>>
>>148025150
My toaster is an i3-540, gts 450, 4GB ram. With everything on minimum and resolution at 1280x720 windowed I have 30 fps in fight
>>
>>148025221
blitz
>>
>>148025420
2 in Warp Blast for the cooldown reduction and increased radius since it's pretty good at taking down wildlife, and 1 in Decoy and 1 in Supernova just in case I get domed at Stage 1.
>>
>>148025578
I wish we had some mined ingame stats from all the chars
>>
>>148024834
its not fun to grind for perks that do nothing
>>
>>148025323
I remember there was a time where casuals got a chance to play against a "pro" monster player, and if they beat him they'd win some prize money.

Monster stomped all teams. Then some interviewer asked if he had fun
>It was boring
>>
Weren't there more maps before? Did they take some of the maps out or something?
>>
How long until retards either leave or learn how to play the game?
I'm tired of trappers that can't even press 4
I'm sick of healers trying to be dps full time
I think I actually might just drop the game for a month or so, this game is just frustrating, not fun right now because of these shitters.
>>
Is it me or is the game still super buggy, I get stuck in "waiting for players" when the match should supposedly begin.

It also indefinitely waits for a party to start even though it's already matched 5 people, what the fuck.
>>
>First match as Hank
>vs Elder Kraken
>Kill him at Stage 2 3 minutes in
>7300 Shields transferred
>Get 32 fucking keys for it

What?
>>
What the hell is with the matchmaking? Why does it sometimes never find a game? Why will is start a 2v1 game? Why will it start a 4v0 game? Why does it immediately put you in a new queue after the game is over?
>>
>>148025823
>How long until retards either leave or learn how to play the game?

>retards either leaving or gitting gud in a F2P game
Never.
>>
>>148025823
As a monster I am enjoying the only period I'll be able to win, then I'll drop the game because hunters have been overbuffed way more than monsters and you can't hide now.
>>
>>148024834
The monster really has no choice but to try and evolve asap. anything that doesn't help him do this is a waste.
I let people fuck me up in the dome just to get out faster, I'll down their medic and then leave.
>>
File: 20160710162721_1.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160710162721_1.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
What causes this and how do I fix it.
>>
>>148021281
If you do research, Evolve said since this is still pretty much in beta, they are seeing how things go.

That means we will get Evac, Rescue, Arena, Defend, and Nest later down the line.
>>
>>148025950
But anon, we already are playing Arena :^)
>>
>>148025947
>evovle runnign very fast
>>
>>148025221
blitz is best once you get increased ammo capacity
untill then just stick to normal
>>
>>148025947
Motion blur?
>>
File: 20160710162545_1.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160710162545_1.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
>>148025947
>>
>>148025827
The game has over 51k players. Just leave and enter Hunt again if you wait longer than 10 seconds.
>>
>>148025941
Yeah I invest 2 in both jump and charge in stage 1 and alternate between mandatory Hank and Caira (best picks) ,then I make a break for it since I have two hungers and gold leap regen.

Bash to stage 2 or 3 ASAP it's a gueranteed win.
>>
>>148025823
I'm curious to see the player count during Wednesday. See how many people play during mid week
>>
>>148026031
>>148026057
Here's additional pic, if that's motion blur, it's broken.
>>
File: 1424430186561.png (169KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
1424430186561.png
169KB, 500x677px
>>148025914
I'd rather you at least left me with a little bit of hope anon.

>>148025929
I was pretty disappointed to see they turned trapper into just another support. Why the hell did they take the dome away from them?
Trying to catch the monster in the dome was fun and felt more skillful then this auto-cage that anyone can use
And global scan seems silly, it makes it impossible to play stealthily and sneak around hunters.
Wasn't the point of trappers to use their unique abilities to track the monster? Not give everyone the same ability that auto-finds it for you and tells the whole team where it is for you.
Yes, I am a little upset
>>
>>148026163
I mean >>148026067
HELP
>>
How the fuck do you play hank? Mortars take half a year to land, good luck hitting a wraith with that, and when the shield is spent I feel like decoration.
>>
>>148026049
I just saw there's only one capacity perk in the gold tier, is this right?
>>
>>148026352
Get the shield booster out and spam it while hanging back.
>>
>>148026291
For every 1 who miss trapping the monster being a challenge, there are 19 who are now like "whew thank god they just let us fight the monster now"
>>
File: BuyTHESEANDWIN.png (749KB, 1833x435px) Image search: [Google]
BuyTHESEANDWIN.png
749KB, 1833x435px
Dear anyone who wants to play a monster who isn't Kraken or wraith or who enjoys meme people at stage one.

look at these icons these icons are you're friends, buy them.
>>
>>148026291
I am upset too anon. I used to have to adapt to avoid specific trappers, I used to have fun trying to hide from them and avoiding elite wildlife because I was weak stage 1. Now I just run away as fast as I can leaving tracks because it doesn't matter, they'll just find me quickly and trap me easily. And since monsters have had to be buffed to compensate if the hunters are incompetent I win 100% of the time, if they are competent I lose 100% of the time. That's it.
I haven't reached stage 3 in 20 games. I barely even bother with stage 2 unless I'm playing kraken.
>>
>guy sees I'm playing kraken before the match
>tells me "kys faggot"
>I defeat the medic very easy,then what seems like all of them
>I turn my back 5seconds and they ALL FUCKING REVIVED

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>148026709
"Dying doesn't matter much" is one of the pillars of what you need to appeal to the casual audience anon. Don't be surprised.
>>
>>148026549
I can understand that.
I just wish they found another way of doing it rather than just turning every class into a trapper, and the trapper into CC support
It feels like all the classes are kinda the same in a way now. They're much less unique

I'm also kinda upset about there being 7(?) different monsters in the game now, but every game is just wraith after wraith. Sometimes I see a meteor.
That might just be a product of wraith being a noob stomper so it's being picked a lot because there's so many bad players right now.
>>
>>148026845

what surprised me is that even when I smelled them, they didn't appear fucking anywhere in Dome
>>
>>148026898
Oh man I forgot you could use smell, it's so useless now since the hunters are just always chasing you and you can't look for wildlife, you have to pick what's on your escape route.
Just like sneaking, the only use now is to pounce a lone/last hunter.

The respawn timer is just really fast now anon. Reviving a teammate also takes no time at all so if you left one of them standing you're fucked.
>>
>turn vsync off because it's trash
>menu runs at over 1000 fps

how do I change that lel
>>
Why is the only badge color unlocked fucking yellow? What level do I get more?
Do I need to buy them? They don't seem to be in the store.
I wouldn't have removed the no-badge badge if I knew my only other options were ugly as shit.
>>
>>148027071

desu what annoys me the most is the invisibility on medic

always when they have few health left, they pop invisiblity then run for cliffs or some remote places
>>
>>148025950
"later down the line" why does this sound like it'll be a paywall
>>
>>148025862
I dont know how its calculated
its bullshit sometimes
I think its more when you fight longer, even though one might think super effective hunter who down a monster in 3min should get a bonus
>>
>>148026608
Climb speed - shit the maps rarely offer any decent climbing spots atm.
Traversal Regen - good lets you be like sanic
Damage reduction - shit the dome is going to stay up until they hurt you or you hurt them
Smell range - shit you cant hide from anyone and are constantly running.
Pounce damage - shit stealth is pointless monsters hp got debuff pounce animation takes to long pouncing the last hunter is fine though
>Feed speed - THE BEST MUST HAVE
movement speed- alright not as good as traversal Regen.
Armour regen - shit they give you free Armour regen maybe you can meme stack it on behemoth. but it's still rather shit.

Perks were a mistake.
>>
Now somebody please tell me, what the fuck im supposed to do if the trapper gets focused, my shield cant keep up with the dakka and the medic is healing as much as he can
>>
Wait. So at the end of the game if you click CONTINUE then it leaves the game and enters a new queue?

And if you don't do anything it starts a vote for a rematch which it doesn't tell you about except in the squares on the bottom right corner, and doesn't tell you which key it is to vote for a rematch?

Wait. What?
>>
is it possible the reason kraken and wraith are doing so well, is because they can handle air borne targets better than other monsters can?
>>
>>148027427
Have a trapper who knows how to juke shit.
>>
> Team throws on purpose because I got a 14 win streak an I got matched as Hunter for once.
> You're probably playing Wraith so fuck you

Great.
>>
>>148027427
Tell him that if you hit space twice quickly you can dodge.
>>
What are they going to do to Behemoth to make him not shit?
>>
>play first game
>monster just fucking rapes everyone lvl 1 and has some high lvl monster skin

cool haha pay 2 win already xd

thought i'd play vs other people who are new but apparently not
>>
>>148027271
Doubt it. When the game was released they updated with free game modes and maps. Again this is them just seeing who will stay and such.
>>
>>148027580
Were you playing Wraith though?
>>
>>148027649
anyone who owned the game already got all the characters and loads of shekels. its just the way it is.
>>
File: 20160710164851_1.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160710164851_1.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>148027658
Y-yes..
>>
Who is the best trapper? And why?
>>
>>148027817
Deserved.
>>
I've been trashing monsters all day, caira and triple rocket man perk.
>>
>>148027826
They're all the same, just press 4.
>>
Why does it say every player is found but then never starts a game?
>>
What's the point of Turtle Rock skins? It looks "cool" but makes you even more noticable.
Is this intended to be
>Hard mode enabled
for monsters?
>>
>>148027909
Cause it's at server capacity and needs to wait for space.
>>
>>148027919
There's no real downside to being more noticeable.
>>
File: hello hunters im kraken.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
hello hunters im kraken.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>nerfs inc on wraith

don't worry fellow monsters, just get kraken and join the fun.
>>
>>148027919
you can't hide anyway though. so it doesn't matter, even if the hunter doesn't see you he still gets the press F prompt.
>>
>>148027909
Just return to the main menu then back to matchmaking when that happens.

>>148027919
Being noticeable doesn't matter anymore, you can't hide no matter what you do.
>>
File: 1467368970828.png (603KB, 600x716px) Image search: [Google]
1467368970828.png
603KB, 600x716px
Alright, I'm new to this shit, get me up to date with the tier list of hunters and monsters.
>>
>>148027992
So I just wait?

>>148028104
Done that a bunch of times now.
>>
>>148028064
Is this with full perks or not
>>
File: 1419661232087.jpg (57KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
1419661232087.jpg
57KB, 500x208px
>>148028064
>>
Whats that chest thing that you get from challenge? Cant find it anywhere except challenges menu
>>
>>148028064
Why do people not boost as soon as they're able?
Even if there isn't a kraken waiting to meme on you, its just inefficient not to. You can see which way the monster went, there's no reason not to start your momentum in that direction before you hit the ground.
>>
I like the game but it really wasn't necessary to remove so much from the Hunt

Bushes are gone
Fauna is gone
Predators are gone
Luring into a map trap like a megamouth is gone since every fauna is super nerfed and gets killed by everything
Hyde's nicest flamethrower particle, which i dare say was the best visual effect in the game is gone
Idle animations for the characters are gone
Complete maps and gamemodes are gone
Stealth, by incidence, is gone too

It's enjoyable but lacks the meta game that was going for before. It just needed tweaking and some refining, not a makeover.
>>
>>148028439
I agree, but maybe they add OG mode back in as "Stalk" or something.
Except the graphical downgrades. Gotta make sure the f2p peons' toasters can run it.
>>
>>148028439
I feel like TR made this a F2P game in more ways than one.
>>
>>148028138
Do>>148028104
Only thing you can do
>>
File: 1465572869972.gif (11KB, 240x96px) Image search: [Google]
1465572869972.gif
11KB, 240x96px
so i decided to give this a go
and since nobody knows how to play trapper in pubs

who's a good trapper?
perks?
tactics if those even exist in here?
>>
>>148027340
So I guess it's between traversal regen, feed speed, and movement speed. Which benefits each monster the most?
>>
>>148028439
I've kinda noticed the way it's completely impossible to hide from the hunters now that they have a map point towards you at all times and every one of them can throw down the dome.

I've only had one game so far that went to level 3.
>>
>play Lazarus
>team mates still rush to get downed team mates back up
>the entire team has 2 strikes and the kraken is now stage 3

why do I even bother
>>
>>148028680
Well if you're playing Abe, don't forget to use the tracking darts on wildlife. If the monster eat them, it'll track the monster.

So many people aren't playing him right. At all.
>>
>>148028680
>who's a good trapper?
Griffin
>perks?
Move speed and reload speed
>tactics?
Keep the monster between you and your team mates, spam harpoon. chase the monster.
Unless you're against Kraken and inside the dome, then just fire at him.
>>
>>148028645
>>148028664
I remember when I got it at 60% discount that it had these guides to lure and trick the Hunters in clever ways in the maps. Also some guides to predict where the Monster player would go and what to do to catch it off guard. As a monster, you surely completely needed to be on the run because the armor and health were minuscule at Stage 1 and 2 merely gave you an edge. You had to play smart to pick them out and buy time to eat.
>>
>>148028937
Talk to them, idiot.
>>
>>148028768
They all do the same thing. save you time or help you escape just pick which you want more.
>>
Oh damn being tracker is fun

Even though this shotgun seems kind of stupid to have as someone who should sit further back it's still enjoyable to play
>>
Cabot good or?
>>
>Monster
>Ten game win streak

>Hunters
>No one won their last match

Seems like maybe they shouldn't show the win streak.
>>
File: 1467657866253.jpg (180KB, 532x783px)
1467657866253.jpg
180KB, 532x783px
>removing gamemodes

but why
>>
Must have perks?
>>
>>148029418
Because they're changing all the maps, which resulted in those game modes being broken.
>>
>>148029271
Damage Amplifier + not a shit assault player is the only thing that can instigate fear on a Monster right now.

Monsters take too much damage right now, I remember it wasn't like this.

Stage 1 the monster was the prey
Stage 2 it was even
Stage 3 was Kaiju time

Right now it doesn't really matter for the monster. Maybe it's the fact that there aren't good hunter team players still.
>>
>>148025947
looks like you set depth of field too high
>>
>>148029545
You should see what Lennox does to Monsters when she gets on top of them.
>>
>>148029732
Hot.
>>
>>148029707
I found out the reason. My system.cfg deleted itself and turns out the game doesn't like that.
>>
Do these cases that you get rewarded from challenges do anything? Can I unlock them or something?
>>
File: 1372888389768.png (505KB, 561x882px) Image search: [Google]
1372888389768.png
505KB, 561x882px
>You fucked with the wrong motherfucker, motherfucker.
>>
>>148029105
I did, retard.
>>
>>148029545
It used to be trash. Why the fuck do you think the game died?

Every single match was the same

Monster runs
Monster runs
Monster runs
Level 3
gg monster wins
>>
>>148028937
they are probably new you know
>>
>>148029983
But with a man's voice, sissy.
>>
>>148030008
The game died because of the pricing scheme. Not because the monster was weak early.
>>
File: 1439997393198.jpg (16KB, 333x279px) Image search: [Google]
1439997393198.jpg
16KB, 333x279px
>>148030041
>>
>>148030008
As a Monster/Hunter player I call that bullshit and you have to git gud to have opinions on a subject.
>>
All the monsters bar the Goliath feel exceptionally strong.

>Kraken, lemme fly around and shoot lighting at you
>Wraith, lemme kill everyone in your team in a split second
>>
File: 787579.jpg (41KB, 350x330px) Image search: [Google]
787579.jpg
41KB, 350x330px
is there any reason not to pick lazarus every game now?
>>
>>148027285
in the previous thread there was someone who talked about it how it should be like an algorithm where everything was taken in account
>>
>>148030256
Armor regen is so high right now

I feel dirty playing monster. If you kill a single Hunter, which you will, You can either keep picking them all out or run and feed freely.

Before it wasn't even a good idea to stick nearby any Hunter. They shredded your armor and health pretty easily.

That's why you have the CTRL Sneak and pounce abilities. I haven't seen ANY monster use them right now, since you can just machete and tentacle rape anyone and any fauna on Shear.
>>
File: 1355973199253.jpg (78KB, 500x500px)
1355973199253.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
Hunters are painfully slow in this game. You run slow, run out of fuel after a few dash and cliff climbing is the most excruciating thing I have ever seen. It seriously feels like a chore to follow the footprint because you constantly have to wait for your jetpack to recharge.
Then the dev, in their infinite wisdom, decided to add shit like casual dome and planet scanner (and buffed stage 1 monster to compensate, which caused even more balance problems) . Now even playing as monster is boring because you can no longer outwit hunters with stealth.
>>
>tracker doesnt track
>find the monster myself
>medic is running around clueless as fuck shooting his sniper after taking 1 minute to finally come to the dome
>assault never dodges anything and just facetanks not even attempting to jetpack anywhere

woah..
>>
>>148030920
Purchase all the rocket perks and you'll be going so fast you'll think you're playing 2014 Tribes Ascend!
>>
>>148030256
Wraith is easy to deal with you just need a tracker that knows to CC when it goes full blender, and support and healer need to know to run and just stay alive. Decoy may be a little strong right now but it's easy to tell when it is one.
Kraken on the other hand is really strong and everyone is still trying to figure out how to deal with him. Trackers are mostly useless cause there is no point in trying to cc him since he attacks from range, and you have to save jetpack charges so you can jump from both lighting strike and bubble of death.
>>
File: 1438309479844.jpg (36KB, 362x459px)
1438309479844.jpg
36KB, 362x459px
>>148030586
>If you kill a single Hunter, which you will
anon...
>>
>>148030920
>the old days of monsters walking through water to cover their tracks are now long gone

feels bad man
>>
>>148031095
>but it's easy to tell when it is one.
it isn't
>>
>11 win streak wraith
alt+f4
>>
>>148031095
>its easy, everyone has to work perfectly together while the Wraith is a moron
easy peasy
>>
File: If0JpAt[1].png (36KB, 724x92px) Image search: [Google]
If0JpAt[1].png
36KB, 724x92px
Be honest with me, how long do you guys think this is gonna last? Are they going to ruin the game with p2w shit?
>>
>>148031770
12 win goliath streak.

Why do so few people want to play monster exactly?
>>
How to gorgon?

Bought it because the design seemed fun but so far goliath and meteor goliath are much better, i can focus medic/support as them easily but as gorgon i just can't outdamage the heals and shields.
>>
>Won game
>gain nothing
wtf ...
Also,i have 6000 what to get??Gorgon or kraken?
>>
>>148028680
Jack is good his cc requires weird positioning that you just need to play him to understand.

Jet packs for muh meme tier speed

CC Large damage abilities like golly combo, wraith blender, or kraken ball of death. Learn maps know where to cut off and good areas for you to fight. And remember keep your medic and support alive let your assault worry about dealing damage.
>>
The gorgon is such a nightmare to fight? Whats the best way to deal with it?
>>
>>148031936
How do you even goliath? I have no clue how to do well with him
>>
>>148032020
Kraken.
>>
>>148031936
Playing monster is boring. Too easy.
>>
>>148032020
Gorgon for fun, Kraken for 20 win streaks.
>>
Is this game worth playing at all? it looks nice but meh, i don't wanna waste time just to find out they gonna full jew on me or shit like that
>>
i have 5500 meme keys
who do i get
>>
>>148031921
What p2w are we talking about? People said the same shit when it released. But when all Tier 1 hunters can beat a Wraith, it's not p2w
>>
>>148032209
>Kraken for 20 win streaks

Literally how? If I spawn as Kraken I get fucking dominated by good team compositions. Does the win streak meme only last until you're in the 20s?

I'm up against team comps of Lennox, Hank and Laz.
>>
>>148031921
it will change like a wave
first its new and has lots of players, then players will see how bullshit the balancing is and leave. when a new patch will hit, thy will come back. repeat
>>
>>148031637
Oh look he is moving towards us in a straight patter when there is no shield and he has no armor must be legit guys :DDD. Or when in the bubble and he doesn't use abilities to fight that's pretty obvious. git gud
>>148031852
I guess I've been getting lucky with competent teams then cause most people are starting to understand how the game rolls, sorry if your luck has been shittier m8.
>>
>>148032447
>Lennox
fucks all the monsters who aren't wraith enjoy.
>>
>>148032360
Not worth the 20Go. Used to be but it was dead due to stupid pricing. Now that they went f2p they also made the game shit so it's still not worth it.
>>
File: Capture.png (95KB, 753x162px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
95KB, 753x162px
>>148031921
Honestly if they can keep at least 5,000 I'd be happy.
>>
How the fuck do you kill a healer if they can outheal any fucking damage you do to them?
>>
>>148032550
meme doesn't make you correct it isn't easy to tell wraith from fake wraith, especially not if he's super novaing. sometimes it doesn't even matter if you know because decoy can still fuck you anyway.
>>
>>148032674
Get them out of range of the Support who keeps shielding them.
>>
>>148032125
Don't ask me, dude. I may have won every Goliath game in about 20 games now but I get the feeling it's just because monsters are strong rather than I am good.
>>
File: 1466659096372.png (690KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1466659096372.png
690KB, 569x802px
does wraith even have a counter?
>>
>Spend 9500 keys on Wraith
>Regret it after 4 games

This sucks, I want my keys back
>>
>>148032125
3 charge 1 leap. If the hunter team is shit you can kill them all at the first fight. If not just get to stage 2 with max leap and shit on them.
>>
>>148032964
ikr, wraith might be OP, but it's unfun to play as and unfun to play against.
>>
I spent all my keys on the Elton John, Rocket Lord and Rocket King perks.

What perks should I save for next? I play mostly Assault (Lennox) and Medic (Lazarus)
>>
Please stop picking Wraith it's litreally anti fun monster
>>
>>148032957
no
>>
>>148032013
Nope. Gorgon is stronger, at least when I play.
You are the fastes monster by far. Ignore clone-bomb. Max out spidertraps and plant one at the very beginning. Put also at least one point in acid at the beginning to kill animals faster.
>>
>>148032957
Incompetence. Incompetence in the highest echelon of power.
>>
File: realization.jpg (17KB, 381x235px)
realization.jpg
17KB, 381x235px
So let me see if I have the vague as fuck fluff of this game straight:

The colony gets monsters out of nowhere.

But the monsters always go for shit that runs on energy acquired via machinery that runs on energy derived from Patterson Equations.

Monsters have Patterson Equations written directly into their genetics, but the means by which they reproduce are unknown and the eggs they hatch from have no perceivable gestation period.

So, from this one can deduce that Monsters are some form of extradimensional entities that manifest themselves in our universe via some means similar to or identical to energy derived from Patterson Equations.

Ergo, by attempting to escape the planet the Hunters are probably just going to "lead" the monsters somewhere else by using the same technology that brought the monsters into existence.
>>
How come none of the guns have alt fires?
>>
Any anons wanna team up? I'm a pretty good medic and assault. (and monster)
>>
>play monster
>tracker is doing a shit job
>wondering if the enemies are even connected to the game
>get lvl 3 and then wipe the floor with them right away

heh, kinda boring honestly. Playing vs clueless people (even though they were 3x my level..) is so pathetic, it's absurd how important the tracker is
>>
>>148033681
iktfb
>play carrie(healer)
>put speed boost and do a better job 90% of time than tracker at finding monster.
>>
>>148033312
y
>>
>>148033681
nobody wants to play tracker, yet everybody wants to win.
>>
>>148032554
>Lennox
completely useless against kraken who's flying high in the air
she's also bad against wraith because it just flips out and attacks everywhere making you lose stacks but at least you're hitting for base damage, against kraken you can't reach him at all.
>>
>>148033839

Hey Rucks
>>
Hello. Got the game today and I'm currently playing the default healer and loving it. I have a question about the perks, in each tree there is a perk which reduces reload speed. Do these stack or can I only use one? Secondly should I buy perks for the default healer or save and buy a new character? Are some overall better than others?
>>
>>148033839
Guess I should play some Dota 2 instead then
>>
>>148033681
>Planet scanner makes finding the monster so braindead nobody can find it if the trapper doesn't press 4

Guess they got the cawadoody audience they wanted.
>>
Just started playing today and I've only had one good game in a dozen so far playing as a monster. They've all been stomps that ended in a few minutes where I killed the hunters at level 1 or immediately after getting level 2.

Is meteor goliath just, like, 10x better than normal goliath or something? I know the people I'm playing against couldn't've played much of the game either, but this really doesn't seem fair so far. How long do you have to play until it's an even matchup where the monster doesn't just win every game?

Seems like a pretty crappy new player experience, where hunters have to get really good in order to compete and for you to have a proper game. If it's just one-sided until 20 hours into the game or something like that then that's really silly.
>>
>>148033181
health regen
with all stacked that's 160 HP/s or 10%/s
you're literally unkillable even if the monster focuses you
>>
>>148034210
No, it's just a horrible imbalanced game right now.
>>
>>148034210
Hunters ragequit while most people are new, then whatever hunter players stayed will shit on monsters easily and every monster player will leave. After that the game will die again.
>>
>tfw when good smaratian
>that when give hunters after smashing them.
>>
>>148034210
After rank 10 you start getting decent hunters and sometimes die
>>
File: 1453559838586.png (618KB, 684x577px) Image search: [Google]
1453559838586.png
618KB, 684x577px
>Guy picks Goliath
>Tries to meme us at the start
>Mother
>Fucking
>Lennox

Got about 10k plasma lance damage in, sat at max damage for pretty much the whole fight.
>>
File: 2538207.png (64KB, 232x200px)
2538207.png
64KB, 232x200px
>play against Wraith
>hunter suggest we run in the opposit direction than the footprints lead us
>trap surprised Wraith after 30s
we still died
>>
>>148033312
Kala speaks in math equations in her sleep and in old man voice

Something is leading the monsters
>>
File: Untitled.png (668KB, 884x539px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
668KB, 884x539px
lol
>>
>>148034565
Lennox is a hard counter for Goliath, really a pain in the ass to deal with
>>
>>148034714
WHAT

Who do you play???
>>
>>148034714
I was playing Hanks just a minute ago.
Got my orbital barrage on top of the gorgone while she was going stage 2.

Then my entire team died, no idea how.
>>
>>148034714

Still pickable for me
>>
Does the Railgun have range?
>>
>>148034518
Rank as in level? I'm level 13 now I think and haven't been killed yet.
>>
>level 1 Goliath
>they capture me because i started birds.
>chimp out and kill them alll

its over evolve is a joke.
>>
>>148034904
Couldn't even buy anyone. Timer ran out and it gave me tech hank. Then connection lost.
>>
>>148035305
Same here game just up and closed down on me.
>>
File: 1461852198239.jpg (39KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1461852198239.jpg
39KB, 510x346px
so i play the hunters and i'm getting weary of it. i would love to dabble with the monsters. can you please give me some general tips? the elder kraken looks like a fun time as does the meteor goliath but i don't have my heart set on any monster at this point in time. i'm a founder so i have them all apart from the gorgon. thanks friends
>>
>Playing with friends
>One of them gets super assmad every time he's monster because I keep going up and down the nearest cliff as medic and he can't catch me long enough to do meaningful damage
Thank god he doesn't have Kraken yet. I can't imagine this working as well on that faggot monster.
>>
Is hyde good?

Or should I stick with space marine grandma?
>>
Why doesn't anybody play Val anymore? She rocks at CC'ing the monster.

Instead it's Caira everyday.
>>
Makarov can't compete with Hyde, is Parnell stupidly OP like last time?

Also Blitz Mac isn't that great, his tesla mines don't do shit.
>>
>Wraith
>Difficulty: Challenging

pfff
>>
>>148035769
Hyde is amazing, 120 damage per tick gas, say goodbye to your HP flamer, minigun is "acceptable" but not good
>>
>>148035778
caira is free
>>
>>148035806

Parnell got fucked

they took away rage damage and its just attack speed now
>>
>>148035778
Caira is the best healer hands down.
>>
>>148035806
Blitz is outright better with the capacity perk as long as you're not shit, and his mines do almost three times as much as regular mines once they charge. Regular's still really good though since he's just a solid pick that's impossible to fuck up.
Hyde's alright, Parnell's been gutted, which really sucks because he used to be my favorite assault. Now I'm all about punch grandma.
>>
File: 1424060226321.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1424060226321.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
jesus christ they changed alot of shit

so who the fuck is viable on team hunter right now?
>>
this game makes me wonder if stage 1 monster is so strong is it possible to just buy perks which make it possible to always killl the hunters?
>>
>>148036160

Lets hope Parnells variant is good
>>
>>148021903
>play trapper
>scan, move in direction of where monster will be heading.
>rest of team go full retard and just follow ping
>catch monster on own but team near(ish)
"DONT GO ALONE IDIOT"
>win game
Why the fuck are people idiots?
>>
>>148031625

I still do it, you just have to time stuff and shit. I've snuck literally right under hunters nose multiple times.
>>
>>148036214
Imo,

Markov, always. Lennox is good but have fun dealing with Krakens.

Val, Rogue Val, Caira.

Hank, always. Sunny & Cabot if you're not pubbing.

Griffin, Abe. Although since you got the satellite and everyone can dome, it isn't nearly as vital as before.
>>
>>148036084
better than rogue val?
>>
>>148035778
One is free, the other isn't.
>>
>>148035835
devs dont play their own game
>>
File: gg team is shit.gif (3MB, 420x236px)
gg team is shit.gif
3MB, 420x236px
I've got 5500 keys anons
Who should I unlock?
>>
>>148036558
Haven't tried.
>>
>Bucket

Holy shit, he is so good now.
>>
>>148036881
what'd they change?
>>
>>148036937

No more UAV, but instead you get an ability that resets the cooldown on class abilities (support shield, medic healing boost, assault invulnerability, etc.)
>>
>>148036937
recharge-skill is good, unlike the flying head
>>
Think of the new hunters TRS will jew on us
>>
>>148034120
Pls.help
>>
>>148036803
What role do you like?

Imo lennox is a solid first pick for assaults, but Markov is already a really solid pick, so you don't need to prioritize her.

Other than that, I personally like griffin for that sweet harpoon action.
>>
How do people at such low levels have such high amounts of keys?

Is it because they bought evolve before therefore they get a huge lead??
>>
>>148037324
they've been giving like 1k keys for each time you level.
>>
>>148037324

We didnt even get good ammount of keys

WE already had the skins they gave us

the badges are quite shit

All we got were the base game hunters for free

Great value :^)
>>
>>148037257
They do stack, but most people would recomend jetpack stuff to help you dodge the monstar.
Perks unlock slowly by leveling up characters, All medics except Lazarus and the robot are fine.
>>
>>148037324
If you already had Evolve before it went f2p, you carried over everything you had with some bonuses.
I had all the hunters/monsters except for the most recent ones, and it didn't take me long to grab Lennox which other than Kala is the only character I cared to get. Also got a bunch of perks, which was nice. Can't live without all the jetpack perks.
>>
>>148037286
I like pretty much all of them, but probably medic/trapper the most.
Is Crow any good? He looks really cool.
>>
>>148037598

Crow is ehhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>148037434
Yeah but I'm watching lirik and he's level 11 with like 40k keys & lots of upgrades, wew lad
>>
>>148036214
Most hunters, besides Waggie.

Don't do Cabot or Kala is low level pubs though.
>>
>>148037663
how's jack, the shota?
i think i'll get him
>>
File: 1232144325.jpg (40KB, 485x355px) Image search: [Google]
1232144325.jpg
40KB, 485x355px
ok listen you stupid pieces of shit
I know not all of you are morons, but I hope to reach every braindead turbo homo:

sometimes hunter spread a little to cover a bigger terrain. good. now if you trap a monster in a dome, DONT fucking run in alone and start fighting you shit. as long as the monster doesnt lose health or down a hunter (read: you) the dome lasts many minutes.
regroup first and go in together
>>
>Can't go no perks when you have perks unlocked

How am I gonna play against my new friends like this
>>
>>148037686

TRS sucked alot of streamer dick and you know what? Those streamers wont even play evolve next week
>>
>>148037686
The devs gave him a fuckload of keys so he dicks on everyone with broken as fuck max level perks on top of them just being bad.
>>
>our medic keeps going in first alone against the monster, keeps complaining that the monster is prioritizing him

????

I just don't understand people
>>
>>148037663
Which Val is best Val?
>>
>>148038221

Rouge
>>
>>148038254

>Rouge
>>
>>148038221
Regular is good, but Rogue's survivability is way too valuable.
I wonder how unkillable she'd be if you stacked all the maxed out health regen perks.
>>
Is Hyde australian
>>
File: 1467438121910.jpg (12KB, 310x310px)
1467438121910.jpg
12KB, 310x310px
Slim is the best medic
prove me wrong gaylords
>>
Someone tell me how to land Hank's mortar.
>>
>>148038729
ask the trapper to do his fucking job and trap the monster for 2 seconds.
>>
File: 1455938725465.jpg (101KB, 1202x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1455938725465.jpg
101KB, 1202x1260px
>>148037903
Worth.

Probably going to ht 50k players tonight.
>>
>pick kala
>let the timer count down
>dome the monster with 4:50 left on the clock
>teleporter out
Does this work?
>>
>>148038604
He is a fucking bug
>>
Why doesn't anyone talk about gorgon? does it suck?
>>
>>148038984

If Hunter players hate it, then it's probably OP. If Monster players hate it, then it probably sucks. Silence tends to equate the status of being average.
>>
File: b15.png (362KB, 555x350px) Image search: [Google]
b15.png
362KB, 555x350px
>>148038984
OFFICIAL MONSTER TIER LIST

>Soon to be nerfed tier
Wraith
Any kraken ANY

>Fun tier
Gorgon

>Balanced tier
Goliath
Blue Goliath

>Needs a buff
Behemoth
Goliath?

Perks are important as a monster if you don't want to get shit on take care!
>>
>>148037807
>I know not all of you are morons
You're assuming a lot of things mister google pus.
>>
>play the game for the first time
>having fun as the hunters and the monster
>level up to 17
>now playing with people that know what they're doing kind of
>never lose as the monster
>never win as the hunter

fun game
>>
are they going to reset this?
you really shouldn't be able to buy perks.
>>
>>148039608
>be Kraken
>roflstomp anything even at stage 1
>get to 20
>never manage to focus a heal down
It goes both ways.
>>
>>148039948
>Everyone whines about Kraken
>Mfw I literally have 100% winrate against both types
>>
>>148039440
Yeah, Behemoth does need a slight buff compared to other monsters. He's supposed to be the big tanky one but considering the changes made, it just makes it so I'm an easy target to get down quick. A fight with a behemoth never lasts long and the dome is down. Then I just roll out, avoid them forever and eat a little and we start all over again.

Every Behemoth game I've played has been close, not because the hunters have been particularly skilled (I'm still always winning) but because I'm just not really tanky enough to justify how big I am.

.t behemoth main
>>
What do the periodic challenges even give?
>>
>playing against elite gorgon
>be lennox
>acid everywhere
>unable to build combo because of acid
>>
>>148040354
Extra keys.
>>
>can't see perks in main menu
>can't track merc progression
>can't see anything in store
Holy shit the UI is awful.
>>
>>148040595
Yeah it's fucking annoying, I'd like to look at perks without the constraint of the countdown timer.
>>
>>148040595
>>148040796
You also can't look at character descriptions (i think) and you certainly can't find anything that gives you cooldown numbers. Very stupid. Every single shitty moba has numbers for their abilites so why can't Evolve?
>>
>tech sgt. hank shield burst is permanent

Is this intended or an oversight? No other supports shield burst ability is like that. I'm guessing it's an issue with the way his shield works.
>>
I know how to balance monster!
Reduce the rediculous short cooldown time of their abilities and it will be fairer.
Meteor-Goliath literally dont stop charging and jumping.
>>
>>148042076

But then the monsters will have to get good and maximize the impact of their attacks instead of constantly spamming 1 2 3 4

We can't have that
>>
>>148042289
Except monsters do shit for damage without abilities.
>>
>>148041682
>>148040595
>>148040796
You could before

The F2P removed LOTS of things to make it playable on shit PCs.

It had idle animations of each character on menu, all in HD
How to play videos and tutorials
In game descriptions
4 more gamemodes
Bushes to hide
Better AI fauna that interacted and roamed with each other
Darker lightning with weather effects
Better special effects like Hyde's flamethrower
Lots of removed maps
Overall different meta gameplay
Evacuation mode that was basically a Campaign mode with MP

I mean the core is there but it's getting reworked from almost the ground up. It's a fun game but i try not to think about how much it has been removed.
>>
>>148042405

Abilities should do good damage already

Swipes are nothing to laugh at, especially since they rarely miss, and if they do the hunter just wasted jetpack fuel and you can ability them

Right now chaining all abilities, especially on monsters where all of them do damage quickly and efficiently (Wraith Decoy Nova Adbuct) is a disc one nuke and guarantees a down unless the person on the other end has milimetric reflexes and a still full jetpack
>>
>>148042542
Will the Evacuation mode come back at some point? I remember hearing stuff about some kind of storyline but was disappointed there was no way to actually play that mode in game.
>>
>>148042076

Swipes don't break shields or out damage healing.
Wraith needs a nerf but longer cool downs for all the monsters would make Goliath unplayable.
>>
how the fuck does jack repulsor even works? i can't even fire it
>>
>>148042685
Arena will be back, for sure.

I actually think it a mistake not to include it, but at the same time it's a meme mode. The arena only maps are also fucking excellent.

As for evacuation, it was terribly imbalanced. I wouldn't mind seeing shit like Defend back since it has a number of maps exclusive to it.

I'm not sure how they're going to add the maps back in. I want to see Medlab for example.

But maps like Broken Hill maps, which are the most beautiful maps in the game, are also terribly imbalanced.

If we get get broken hill foundy/mines on the 4 map rotation I will freak, I mean they're fucking beautiful t look at but they play like shit.
>>
>>148042685
It was kinda a campaign mode.

The Intro of the game (now removed) was Cabot's briefing on evacuating Shear and taking the contract on the situation. The campaign was a bunch of maps and scenarios linked together, and depending of your success/failure on each map, the next one had special conditions like automated turrets defending the colony or toxic gas clouds released in the map because the monster destroyed the filter.

It was also pretty fucking hard desu

What i gref the most is that some dialogues triggered in certain maps with certain characters and most likely you won't hear them again.

Like Caira not knowing what a rubber tire is when looking at it on a map. Abe starts laughing and teasing her about it, because Caira's from Earth and hovercrafts are the only thing that's been used in ages.
>>
Console Stage 2 is about to be lit

RIP in dip Stage 1, we will dearly miss you
>>
>>148043208
>>148043221

I hope defend modes expands more on minions and monsters

like more players on the monster team being wildlife or some shit
>>
>>148043045
jack feeds on wild life to charge it up, they want to give the whole feeding on wild life ability to kala but they didn't in the end. would of made more sense seeing as shes part monster.
>>
>>148043561
u wot
>>
File: 1439526018145.png (53KB, 394x415px) Image search: [Google]
1439526018145.png
53KB, 394x415px
>Chasing monsters with Lennox with all maxed out rocketman perks and using Thunderstrike at max altitude
>Sunny giving me extra rocket jumps
>I keep up with that Goliath with no efforts.
>>
>>148043631
yeah shes some weird sceitist who mutated her self with monster dna, that's why half her face is fucked up.
http://evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Kala
>>
>>148043790

I like how everyone hates her

Even Slim and Caria
>>
File: 1434388760670.jpg (88KB, 912x317px) Image search: [Google]
1434388760670.jpg
88KB, 912x317px
>Finishing that fleeing Elder Kraken with a Thunderstrike

I thought kraken could fly endlessly, but he stayed on the ground for most of the fight.
>>
>>148044061
Thats because shes so autistic she even makes maggie uncomfortable.

I like the fact that shes desperately seeking validation for her actions and everyone is like "fuck no, dude what the hell is wrong with you"
>>
>>148044176
Elder Kraken is heavier and can't fly that much, but his abilities hit stronger

It's very different, unlike Meteor Goliath.
>>
>>148044061
Lennox doesn't seem to hate her.
>>
>>148044513
What dialogues trigger with Kala and Lennox?
>>
>>148044513

I dunno Kala didnt even say a word back after that dialogue

https://youtu.be/NlvtrK8qIj4?t=2m40s

The only one who doesnt shit on her is Crow because he is so socially inept he literally does not care
>>
>>148044513
>>148044613
>lennox best assault
>perks you get from her are ass
>all her dialogues are lame too
>>
How did they fuck up the balance this hard?

Why is a level 1 monster able to shit on the hunters? Not put up a fight, but straight up assblast them.

The fuck is this shit
>>
Is Sunny white
>>
>>148044886

Turtle Rock Studios' finest balancing act

Think Wraith release, only ten times worse and most likely durable because they will refuse to come back on most of the mechanics until the telemetry slaps them in the face
>>
>>148044706
>Are you going to mutate into a giant purple monster? Please say yes.
Fucking Jack.
>>
>>148045165
Jack has great dialogue but man is he like the shittest trapper.
>>
>Monsters can crush hunters at level 1
>50 keys per match when a character costs 5500
>Some monsters are just downright miserable to play against (Wraith, Gorgon)
>Matchmaking doesn't even check if 5 players are in the game before starting
>Takes exponentially longer to find a match the more people are in the lobby despite it only needing to dump randoms into the game
Like, this is awful. I want to like this game but it's just an awful experience.
>>
>>148045384
It's really grinding my nuts and I'm starting to see how all the terrible monsters I shit on end up with their winstreaks. A good chunk of my matches start without a full team if I'm not queuing as 4, and even then it sometimes just doesn't load us all in.
>>
>retard trapper on my team never uses his scan or tries to track the monster
>literally have to go off on my own to find it because my retard team don't see the big glowing tracks or my pings
>first thing that happens after I dome the monster is tracker runs into melee range and dies in 2 seconds

some people don't deserve to play games even if they are f2p
>>
File: 1434476380308.gif (2MB, 216x150px)
1434476380308.gif
2MB, 216x150px
>be assault Lennox
>slim jack and kala are your allies
>slim "I can't keep people alive for shit"
>jack "I'm useless in the arena
>kala "what am I even doing here?"
No seriously, what does she do, it feels like she has no impact at ALL.
>>
>>148045947

I think Lennox, Val/Rogue Val, Griffin and Hank is pretty much the dream team, maybe substitute Hank with Bucket if you are in a premade
>>
>ping where monster is and where monster is heading
>divert to flank him
>notice entire team following
>monster just turns around

these people are braindead i swear
>>
>>148045165
Used to be OP.

Will be top tier after some buffs. He has a solid kit.
>>
>People are actually so retarded that they can't press skills as hunters
>Monsters are currently so easy that any shitter can win in a level 1 brawl

????? what is this game
>>
>>148046490
agreed
>>
>>148044706

Alright so NOT everyone hates her

Markov has some bullshit with honor and glory

Crow is just an autist

Slim just fucking BTFOs her

EMET has a pretty good line dissing her

What I hate about Kala is she brings up the monster thing every time like HEY GUYS YOU ARENT SCARED OF ME :DDDDDD and she acts so fucking pretentious about is.
>>
File: 1437187489786.gif (1MB, 640x360px)
1437187489786.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>148046689
>team just following you in a straight line
>>
>>148046848
any to get a refund if they're going to nerf wraith they can just have her back now.
>>
>>148046952
>Kala keeps signing up with slim because she thinks he'll give her sympathy.
>Slim having none of it.
Bug man is based.
>>
File: 1467258989900.jpg (246KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467258989900.jpg
246KB, 400x800px
>buckets ability completely resets his shield

Is it like that for other teamates? Me and the assault split off the team to hunt the monster and i got right next to him and hit my cooldown reset when his shield broke but he never activated it again.
>>
>>148047156

>How dare the devs nerf the monster I just purchased because it's blatantly overpowered and everyone has been talking about it, encouraging me in my purchase

Get fucked
>>
>first time playing the game
>7 win streak as goliath
wow this game sure is hard, I can even shit on hunters in stage 1
>>
File: woody in fire.png (83KB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
woody in fire.png
83KB, 274x237px
>first time playing Monster
>pick Meteor Goliath
>jump around and eat shit
>Hunters catch up with me the moment I go Stage 2 and dome me

>smash the shit out of the medic
>dome drops
>bail
>continue to eat shit
>get dome'd again
>smash the shit out of the Trapper and the Medic
>dome drops
>bail

>hit stage 3
>get all my armor back
>head for the objective
>they dome me next to the objective
>don't even bother with it
>wipe out the whole team

So as long as I have a modicum of self awareness I should keep winning until like level 20 right?
>>
>>148047306
Bucket is fucking great now, and yes. It resets assault's barrier, support's team shield, and trapper's scan.
Some people are just stupid, anon. Especially in a f2p game.
>>
>>148047314
Way to project you fag, I asked yesterday which monsters were fun and someone said wraith and gorgon. I don't even use memenova.
>>
>>148047390

It's impossible to lose as the Monster unless you have brain damage or get teamed up against a dedicated streak ending premade
>>
>>148044706
>The False Vacuum! We are the catalysts of conversion!

Wat

Never heard the Kala screams on a fight holy shit that's creepy
>>
this game is a joke now
over buffed monsters and over nerfed hunters
Coordination means jack shit when the monster can wipe you stage 1
Especially now with regenerating armor, quicker evolves and health sensitive dome
>>
>>148047390
You don't need to do that much, you can literally just get level 2 and kill them all or if you're even marginally not-shit just shit on them the first time they dome you

If you notice they're actually any good like a premade or something just do some damage and maybe down someone then hop around the dome like a retard and hide behind rocks.

You almost can't lose, you have to fuck up REALLY hard to even lose significant HP damage in a dome.
>>
>>148026608
Actually any decent monster can feed without problem.

Once you get into the non-shit ranks you should be picking combat-oriented perks.

>Level 1 climb/traverse
>Level 2 movement
>Level 3 damage reduction(if you're wraith) or cd
>>
>>148047845
how did the hunters get nerfed?
>>
>>148044735
>Abe: How much for one of those
>Lennox: What?
>Tell me how you did the suit and how much for one of those. Its a miner suit right?
>Yes but I don't know what you're talking about.
>They're disposed after taking too much pressure. They're scraps lying around. If you tell me how to modify them, we could be rich!
>But I am rich.
>Well I could be rich. Think about it.
>>
>>148047845
>Coordination means jack shit when the monster can wipe you stage 1
loling @ your life
>>
>>148048078
Thats good abe dialogue though. Lennox didnt say anything interesting.
>>
>>148028134
this

I played back when it first came out, now I've looked at the hunter list and there is so much more, is Caira still op?
>>
>>148047235

Hes also not a bitch about being a freak and doesnt bring it up all the time
>>
>>148047926
>you have to fuck up REALLY hard to even lose significant HP damage in a dome.
which doesn't even matter anymore because the dome goes down automatically if the monster takes too much damage

>>148048002
healing/damage nerfs all around
trapper can't manually dome anymore so you have to be within a certain range/vision to dome
Dome is garbage now
>b-but you get planetary scanner and everyone gets dome CD!
which means jack shit

>>148048142
KK drop your steam and I'll stage 1 drop ship wipe you and anyone you want to bring along
and i'll record it
Or shut the fuck up anonymous faggot
>>
Why does Torvald has so few lines between the characters? It's annoying.
>>
>>148044706
>Kala is blind in her Kraken eye.
>Something else is seeing through it.

Deepest lore
>>
>>148048146
Getting eaten by a plant
>Dammit my HUD went off!, can't see -oh wait, i'm inside a carnivorous plant-thing. Hmm...
>>
>>148048209
>stage 2 babby thinks he's pro
relax kid, talk about balance when you've played more than 5 games
>>
>>148048209
>trapper can't manually dome anymore so you have to be within a certain range/vision to dome

that's not a nerf any one being able to dome is a GOOD thing, also you just need vision of the monster, the dome NEVER misses now and planetary scan is another GOOD thing because now monsters can't sneak around saying it means jack shit doesn't change that, it just makes you look silly.
>>
>>148048356
>FIRE! Can damage the suit.. Need to work on that.
>>
>>148048170
Also he has PTSD. Doesn't bring it that much but Parnell mentions that Slim can't sleep and hallucinates sometimes or something like that.
>>
>>148048448
>mental retardation
why do I even bother posting on 4chan
Can't wait to come back in a week when you mongoloids figure out why the monster is overpowered and why these changes are complete garbage
Or maybe a month seeing how stupid you are.
>>
>>148048375
>relax kid
I wish you realized just how autistic you sounded saying that
>>
>>148048728
Shit, im surprised hyde doesnt freak im out more.
>>
>>148044735
She's a snarky old woman. I like her.

>Kala: I like that you're not afraid of me.
>Ida: Nope. Also the fact that i'm the only one walking around a ton mech suit.
>that's cool =D
>Also that if you go rogue on this ship, you'll have the life expectancy of exactly 3 seconds.
>Ok =(
>>
>>148044372
Are you fucking retarded Kraken straight up deals more damage. ROFL. Check the wiki you fucking retard
>>
I've only won one game as the hunters so far and that's only because my team knew how to spread out
>>
>rank reaches 2 digits
>kraken and wraith all day
>100% lost rate
help
>>
>>148048314

This has the DEEPEST lore for a multiplayer game

Fucking some shit with the mutagen wars with Laz,Hyde and Slim

Earth seems to be in some Brave New World type shit according to Caira
>>
File: crying-baby-350.jpg (17KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
crying-baby-350.jpg
17KB, 350x233px
>>148048805
>some one disagreed with me on the internet

Why are you so butthurt about this, the only one retarded here is you, everytime someone disagrees you seem to just whine louder and say sillyshit. Please stop bothering to post, the thread can only get better without you.

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah he used reasons
>Grrrrr i hate logic
>y-you'l alll see i was right.
>>
>>148048170
>>148048728
You want to inject yourself with insect DNA? Fine. But if you think that makes you free from Hub, then someone might just come and put the boot down.
>>
>>148034714
NERFED
>>
Why does jack hit on every woman on the ship?
Puberty isn't like that...
I mean... it wasn't like that, right?
>>
>>148048864

Hyde,Laz and Slim are all friends

Hyde respects Slim for joining the crew while Slim says the words of "Were all soldiers the war was just about rich people wanting to get richer"
>>
>>148049075
Just stop replying to him if you don't care like you claim
>>
>>148049284
never said I didn't care
>>
>>148038148
How is your team so bad that the medic is in front of you? Pick up the pace
>>
>>148049228

If I was fighting weird ass monsters on some alien planet at the age of 15 my ego would be insane.
>>
>>148049075
He'll stop posting when you stop replying/giving him attention.
>m-muh last word. I have to have the last word
You must be new here
>>
>>148049062
>After a free weekend, bought the game half the price
>Realize the TONS of dialogues it has
>All the characters are charming as fuck
>The lore is DEEP and very interesting
>I try to make threads about it since it's very very cool
>No one responds
>Realize that all that love they poured into it wasn't appreciated by almost nobody
>Not until this release

I think that Evolve's world setting and lore is cooler and bigger than the game deserves. It should have comics and other media.
>>
>>148048864
>>148049235

Also I dont think Hyde and Laz fought when Slim became a bug.

They keep mentioning Gen 1 bugmen who were insane I think those were the ones hyde and laz fought
>>
>>148049479
The devs also did some short stories on the forums. See if you can find them. They were mostly about abe and cabot
>>
>>148049352
Val and Caira diss Jack as a wanker hilariously

Sunny kinda digs Jack though.

How old are they?
>>
>>148049691
Jack is 16 and sunny is 17. Caira is 22 i think? Dunno about val
>>
>>148049691

Val I dunno 25?

Jack fucks up with Caria in one line saying shes 35 but I bet shes like 23

Sunny is 19 I think

One thing I noticed is that Jack doesnt do THE JACKAL in front of Sunny unless she asks him
>>
File: 1466193180387.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466193180387.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>148049062
I've always liked how they've handled the monster lore. A lot of different ideas have been teased out.

Are the monsters some sort of planetary defense mechanism to rush out intruders?

Are they man-made, or brought by man? Evon was prepared enough to capture a live wraith and a live goliath. Torvald was aboard a ship which was carrying a live monster.

Behemoth is from Factor, Maggie's world. Factor went dark, no one knows what happened, but Maggie managed to escape but fixing a ship up on her own, which apparently took months.

Monsters are fine leaving humans alone, but they always go against the Patterson tech, which fuels most of their technology, including the shield generators, ship engines and so on.

Using the same Patterson equation Kala manages to crack the monster DNA.

Hub apparently doesn't know too much, considering Val is part of their secret service. But then again, monster attacks happen on outlier worlds, outside the area of control for Hub. Bucket mentions Maggie's people were one of the first to move so far away from Hub.
>>
>>148049875
Yeah because Jack really likes Sunny and goes all mellow

On a side note, Caira makes my dick rock hard. She's not even lewd but god dammit.
>>
File: 50a.jpg (201KB, 470x595px)
50a.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
Who /smurfing/ here?
>>
>>148050238
Don't be that guy.
>>
>>148049978
I think there's a real paranormal shit going on around the monsters. I like how they think they're actually extradimensional, or something beyond the known space. As for why the Wraith is humanlike but bizzare, and knowing the writers, i think they're going for a Pacific Rim/lovecraftian approach.

I kinda want to see more clues developing, but i'm also afraid that someday they explicitly say what's going on and fuck it up.
>>
>>148050320
but I'm not a guy
>>
>>148050325
The fact that kala speaks in an old mans voice in her sleep basically confirms that the monsters are directed by a human which is lame as fuck.
>>
You can eat the corpses of dead hunters.
>>
File: image_23f804e5.jpg (48KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image_23f804e5.jpg
48KB, 450x450px
>>148050320
>>148050423
https://youtu.be/tl2uU1oVRCA?t=13s
>>
>>148050663
Obviously.
>>
>>148050671
American music is so cringey
>>
>>148050663
Usually when there's dead hunter corpses there are other hunters shooting at you.
>>
>guy thinks he's a cool dude trapping me
>turn around and smacc his shit
>break someone's 16 win streak in like 30 seconds cuz they get fuckken rekt
>>
>>148050735
I didn't know that.
>>
>>148050671
underage detected
>>
>>148050325
The only real 'lore' I've run into is that Caira I think says that the monsters that theyre hunting aren't even the ones that are laying the eggs

So theres something thats going around laying rape monster eggs on planets
>>
>>148050824
>16 win streak as hunter
bs
>>
>>148029017
>If the monster eats them, it'll track the monster
This CHANGES nothing
>>
>>148029017
>waste time shooting things that aren't the monster
why not just press 4 and shoot him?
>>
>>148051024
Nope, he seemed soloq too cuz nobody else had a s treak

rekt
>>
>>148051267

The first time I played Hunter my team spent the whole round shooting wildlife instead of tracking the monster to the point where it hit Stage 3 and destroyed the objective uncontested. We never even saw it.
>>
>It's a Griffin doesn't place Sound Spikes anywhere episode
>It's a Maggie doesn't do a harpoon nest around the Dome episode
>>
Is it possible to unlock the golden perks via leveling or is buying them the only way?
I mean the ones for the third slot.
>>
>>148051365
I think most people are wrong in that Hunters are OP.

I think outside of maybe Top 20% of playerbase Monsters are OP as fuck.

All you have to do is this:
>Load into lobby
>If there's at least 3 people already in the lobby leave & get a new one. It's probably a premade
>If people don't load into the lobby ONE AT A FUCKING TIME, then leave. It's a premade
>Spawn
>Jump 3 times towards an intersection & feed
>Once they spawn hide until they planet scan
>AFK for 3 seconds then fake rush one way
>As soon as the scanner message disappears you aren't visible, so use your 3 jumps you saved to jump in the opposite direction
>Stealth feed
>Once 15 seconds has passed, go back to an interaction
>Rinse & repeat
>First time dome drops
>Go hide in a corner of the dome
>Wait for entire enemy team
>Pussy blast their TRAPPER(You want to keep the trapper down at level 1/2 because when the dome drops you don't want him following/tagging you)
>Go hide but use your ranged abilities to prevent them from rezzing
>Don't use your jumps when dome is within 15 seconds of dropping
>As soon as dome drops get the fuck out
>If you make it to level 3 then focus the support instead of the trapper
>Rinse & repeat
I've got to Level 2 every single round before even being seen doing this
I also have a 85% win rate doing this
>>
>>148050456
Didn't say the language. Said it was mathematical formulaes, equations.

She also has a human voice box.

Caira confirmed numerous times that creating monsters is far beyond human means.

Ebon star know about the monsters, but they didn't make them.
>>
>Hyde literally says "Oi, you wot mate?"
>Hyde admits that he doesn't even know what half the rhyming slang he uses makes any sense because some of the things they reference are lost to memory

What a silly character.
>>
>>148051719
You unlock them but they're like level 30-35 rewards
>>148051794
>Once 15 seconds has passed, go back to an interaction
I meant to say go back to an intersection
>>
File: Wraith_trap_map.jpg (75KB, 468x464px) Image search: [Google]
Wraith_trap_map.jpg
75KB, 468x464px
>>148051794
>>148051919
Also these red dots are the intersections.

IF YOU DO THIS RIGHT, THEY WON'T HAVE A CLUE WHERE YOU'RE GOING & WILL BE STUCK AROUND THE MIDDLE OF THE MAP & WON'T BE ABLE TO FLANK YOU.

That's the key. If you know they're behind you, then just cut right through the middle of the map. This will force them to be in the middle of the map if they want to stay on your trail & when they drop their scan they will have to take a 50/50 chance on if you went left or right, and if they get it wrong you get a free 15-30 seconds of feeding like a madman.

if they got it right, well no big deal. They still have to chase you.

Most people fuck up by just going in a straight line on the outset of the map. That's not how you play Monster before level 2/3. You should be making it hard for them to find you while most just bolt in a straight line as fast as possible because "muh monster is faster". If they cut into 2 groups they're going to get you anyway.

If you do this, they will still have a hard time catching you because a level 1 monster is so fucking fast. That flanking shit should only start working around level 2/3 because you make so much fucking noise
>>
Val's legs
>>
>>148051794
>all you have to do is leave if they're a premade
???
so monsters are OP as fuck if the team is totally un co-ordinated? who woulda thought
>>
>>148051794
Pretty much all you have to really do is

>load in
>charge at whoever domes you in when they find you, if not just level up
>blow them the fuck out instantly because they'll likely be alone and split
>chase someone nearby, if someone tries to res the guy you rekt then just stop them
>repeat until all dead

People are uncoordinated and stupid as fuck, they barely ever use cover or use any kind of advantage.
>>
>>148052179
>>148051919
>>148051794

What perks do you recommend m80?
>>
>>148052581
Tell me what monster you run & i can tell you what perks to run
>>
How long until people realize that the servers aren't VAC secured and start hacking the fuck out of the game?
>>
>>148052706
Still fairly new only have Goliath and Goliath M because he's free.
>>
>>148052835
Not him but traversals and cooldowns are something you really cant go wrong with.
>>
>>148052774
soon

http://plays.tv/video/54f5f9badc6aa53b1d/-evolve?from=user
>>
>gold gorgon
>flies across map faster than we can chase it
>literally have to flank by running at a 90 degree angle
>level two by the time we catch it and we all die

fucking stupid
>>
>>148053236
Here we go again. These faggots were never banned before. I doubt they'll be banned this time
>>
File: hhhhhh.jpg (3KB, 79x125px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhh.jpg
3KB, 79x125px
>>148052774
>>148053236
>>
>>148053236
>2015
I don't think there are any hacks for the new version yet, but we'll see
>>
>>148052706
If you're new you need to be running combat-oriented perks except for level 1
>Level 1 - 20% Feeding(Always take this)
>Level 2 - Movement speed
>Level 3 - Damage reduction(Once you're good, actually good like 75%+ win rate, take cool down reduction)
>>
>>148052835
woops replied to myself. Here is your answer
>>148053975
>>
File: brock-lesnar-workout.jpg (210KB, 1000x1142px) Image search: [Google]
brock-lesnar-workout.jpg
210KB, 1000x1142px
>tfw the hunters are so preoccupied with chasing you that even when you evolve to stage 3 they don't immediately head towards the power relay
>destroy it completely unopposed because everyone treats the game like a death match
Goddamn is being the monster fun, Goliath especially. Is there even a reason I should play any of the others?
>>
>pick monster as priority
>10 win streak

well that was fun I guess..
>>
>less than five minute game
>monster dies
>I get 20k falcon punch damage

Lennox is okay
>>
>Post game
>Retards complaining about the monster instantly getting its armor back
>Kala is the support

Fucking retards man I swear
>>
>>148051794
As a general rule if you've less than 150 hours, you're garbage. That's generally the time it takes to learn the mentalities.

If you're an undefeated monster, you're garbage.

Certain things and mentalities can only be learned by taking a hot dicking. And in evolve one of the biggest differences between a bad monster player and good one is the mentality, and that goes doubly for the hunters.

The key word for hunters is respect. Respect is not blowing all your jetpack to get a dome, because you know very well the monster will see that and kill you in the five seconds before the rest of your team gets there. It's not getting in the monsters face, because you respect that if at any point you take gross and unnecessary damage and are caught out of position he will see that and swap targets.

I went undefeated as a monster in the alpha/beta as monster, I thought I was hot shit, turns out, I was garbage. But at that time I didn't understand what constitutes a good player.
>>
File: 1464683792571.jpg (31KB, 449x546px) Image search: [Google]
1464683792571.jpg
31KB, 449x546px
>just watched a stage 2 monster give up because he was half health with only one hunter down
>>
>>148052910
Cheers

>>148053975
Thanks.

Hopefully if I invest in some perks and follow you're advice I'l be a good monster.
>>
>>148054775
All this autism
>>
File: 1467609299826.png (557KB, 1146x666px) Image search: [Google]
1467609299826.png
557KB, 1146x666px
>>148054775
>if you beat people in a streak you're shit
The things I hear on this fucking site.
>>
>>148054778
Thats depressing. If it was the medic or support he could have turned that into a win easy, or at least camped the corpse to see if someone would be retarded and try to revive him in LoS.
>>
>>148054775

>I-if you don't have 5000 hours like me you're a fucking noob
>If you're on a winning streak you're a noob
>Respect means not wasting your jetpack fuel leading your dumbass team to a dome drop

Okay then, keep masturbating yourself

We're going to actually discuss the game, and why hunters are blatantly not OP

You're delusional if you think hunters are currently wiping the floor in most games
>>
Canon pairings:

Abe x Caira
Jack x Sunny
Maggie x Slim
Val x Parnell
Hyde x Fire
>>
File: 1461418616880.jpg (200KB, 640x525px) Image search: [Google]
1461418616880.jpg
200KB, 640x525px
>some guy tried to meme us at stage one
>died

He was a meteor goliath too. Not even a kraken or a gorgon.
>>
>>148055158
What he's trying to say is
>Even if you are on a huge win streak which means you're doing good, it doesn't mean you're good. I've most likely played this game more than you so I'm going to imply every way I can that I'm better than you because I'm insecure with myself. Nevermind the fact that you doing really good over 50 or so games with an 85% win rate doesn't infer that I'm bad, but I'm so insecure with myself the fact that you are doing better than I did when I started playing, I'm going to have to try & knock you down a peg for my own ego
>>
>>148055314
Wraith X Kala
>>
>>148055326

>Metor tries memeing us at stage 1
>keep ignoring the assualt
>Assault was lennox
>gets fucked in about 3 minutes
>>
>>148035014
nain
>>
>Wraith is only good if Decoy is up
>Everyone cries about it
>>
>>148049479
Theres a piece of dialogue that happens on wraith trap with Caira and Abe on your team where Caira litterally doesn't know what tires are I love the characters.
>>
Laz feels kindy sucky desu.

The monster is always near downed people and they never leave 'em.
>>
>>148055751

>[CITATION NEEDED]

Fuck off Wraith main

>>148056029

Body camping has gotten infinitely worse ever since Support's cloak got canned

Now if someone is downed the only way to revive them is to get a Medic on the case. If your Medic is down it's gg well played
>>
>Lennox: Who are you?
>Griffin. Nice to meet you ma'am.
>Griffin? Griffin Halsey? The famous hunter? Holy shit, i thought you were dead or something.
>Sometimes I think so too.
>Mr. Halsey, is an honor to meet someone as famous as I am.
>...You're famous?
>Well I... I thought I was.
>>
>>148056154
>[CITATION NEEDED]

Playing the fucking game. And I'm a Gorgon main, thanks
>>
>>148055314
>Maggie x Slim
wot
>>
>>148055314
>Maggie x Slim
>not Crow x Slim

Seriously do you not know character backstory or something
>>
>>148020994
what do i get for having buying the game before f2p?
>>
>>148055314
Abe x Caira
Jack x Sunny
Maggie x Hyde
Val x Markov
Hank x Lennox
>>
>>148056301
>>148056296
>Maggie asks Slim if he wants to found a colony with her
>Maggie says that she feels really comfortable around Slim because she finds normal people weird

Do you guys even listen to dropship conversations?
>>
>>148056262

>J-just play the game

Even more cancerous than "You hunters just have to get good lmao"

It's not like I've been playing this beta nonstop trying to figure out what the fuck is up with the monster buffs, more and more tempted to just wait out Monday to see if they can be arsed to rebalance shit

>>148056342

You keep everything you unlocked, also a bunch of free shit that would take ages to grind otherwise
>>
Do I get anything if I bought this peice of shit way back when?
>>
>>148056468

but she also mentions the other hunters help aswell
>>
>>148056428
Crow x Kala
>>
>>148056557
>keep everything you unlocked

Except perks and elite skins.
>>
>>148056468
>Crow and Slim were hunting partners before joining the Crew
>lived together at one point

Seriously they're gay forest hermits, get with the program
>>
>Every other character is pretty fun
>Kala
>"I did bad thing... for science... are you afraid of me...?"
>Literally every single conversation
>Seriously doesn't have a personality trait outside of "Scientist who spliced herself up"

What a boring piece of shit.
>>
>elder kraken being op as usual
>we get it to about half health first dome with only two dead, looks like a win
>second dome we find it really quick
>Irish guy playing Lennox saying about how weak she is
>He domes her in a cave and forces the fight in it which kills us all

wew
>>
>>148056651
Crow is Gobisexual. I bet Slim walked in on them once or twice.
>>
>>148056806
>forces the fight
are you memeing
>>
>>148056557
Play Wraith and find out you fucking idiot.
>>
>>148052338
I actually say this because if you have to even get advice on how to play Monster it's easier to learn tactics vs randoms, but I guess you've never been high ranked or good at any game fucking ever because if you were you'd know it's much easier to practice tactics/strats vs easier opponents.

Feel free to reply to this & make up whatever excuse you want to defend yourself though. You've already said enough for me to know you're a shitter who has never got to a decent level in any game ever.

>>148051794
To add onto this, most people use their long range skills WRONG. As soon as you have their trapper down(Level 1/2 Monster) or their Support(If you're level 3, or are 100% you can end it as a Level 2), you should save your long range aoe to keep them from reviving the trapper/support.
>Goliath
Flame Breath
>Wraith
Abduct
>Gorgon
Web
>Kraken
Vortext

Yes you're giving up 25% damage, but if you're a noob this is something you should be doing because it will guarantee they don't revive that person. Why is this important?

Well if you're Stage 1/2 & their trapper dies you have a long ass time where you can run away & just go on a feeding frenzy & there is nothing they can do about it.
>>
>>148056943
What do you mean?
>>
>>148056806

You realize that domes center on the monster, right ?

If the monster knows what it is doing, you're forced to fight on his terms OR you literally never use your Dome, and newbies will press the QTE when they see it show up because "sweet, finally we caught it"

>>148056964

>B-BUT JUST PLAY THE THING AND SEE FOR YOURSELF

You're just being delusional at this point

Either you're the worst Wraith player in the game, or you don't know what you are talking about

3 Decoy wrecks absolutely everything. Add 1 to Nova to focus down the hunters and it's gg well played, killing the Medic like this is especially powerful
>>
File: 1467961328663.png (81KB, 495x398px) Image search: [Google]
1467961328663.png
81KB, 495x398px
>playing markov
>laying mines in a straight line as i walk into
the fight
>medic immediately rushes to hide behind them
>kala sheds the wraiths armor and he dashes into all three mines o get to the medic
>dome we just put up is down and stage one wraith lost half her health
>>
>>148056568
Nah, her founders proposal is just her and Slim. Crow would follow though. He was Slim's stalker for a while in the woods before they shacked up together in their little love hut.
>>
>>148057156

Wow it's almost like I said Decoy is the only good thing about Wraith or something! Wow!!!!!
>>
>>148057156
I'm very aware, thats the whole point of my fucking post.

He domed it in a shitty spot and then went to fight it in an even shittier spot

What dont you understand?
>>
Any of the Hunting Season 2 hunters worth grabbing or should I just get the Gorgon?
>>
Predictions on how long it takes for the game to go below 2k players again?
>>
>have to play medic or support to carry shitters

Just play Val holy shit people may complain about monster focusing the medic but holy fuck just get jetpack perks the minute the monster makes a beeline for just tranq him and dodge
>>
>>148057072
Flame Breath doesn't stop revive.
>>
>>148057256

Literally 90 % of monster players have zero situational awareness and are functionally retarded, gameplay-wise

Monsters have been buffed so much you don't even need to think anymore, just press the buttons while looking at the hunters and you win

>>148057306

The Wraith's other abilities are also good, but the Decoy pairing is what breaks everything

Once a Decoy is up, you have double the damage output, you tank a lot of incoming fire and you can still use your other abilities to fuck up someone instead of being stuck in stealth mode

>>148057341

I understand everything. Point is, since the monster sees the dome cooldown, HE decides where the dome fight happens, not you

Notice how the monsters literally rush to the same fucking spots every single time ? They know exactly what they are doing, and you have no way to counter it because you can't lure and dome them manually anymore
>>
>>148057474
DUDE HOW IS FOCUSING REAL JUST RUN AWAY DUDE HAHA JUST JETPACK
>>
>>148057306
If you think that's the only good thing about Wraith then you suck as Wraith.

>>148051794
>>148052179
is me & I play Wraith/Gorgon almost exclusively but I will also play Behemoth on Wraith Trap because he's OP as fuck on there.

The problem is retards like you pick Wraith & don't know how to position yourself & how to force them to fight in certain areas. Wraith is OP as shit because you can force them to drop the dome around a pillar where you can abduct someone into it, drop supernova and shred them to bits. Then you just sit in that corner & nobody can come to you while you wait for that person to die.

She's also OP because she can get out of just about any fight she wants.

She can also bait the enemy trapper then use double/triple traverse/warp into abduct to pussy blast their trapper.

Take down their trapper & now you have free time to roam. If you aren't getting to Level 3 every single match as Wraith then you flat out suck because it's so fucking easy to decimate their trapper with Abduct
>>
>>148057578
>you have no way to counter it because you can't lure and dome them manually anymore

What? The counter is to just not dome and shoot from a distance.
>>
>when the hunters use dome in am area that is perfect for you

hurr hunters are op

maybe you should communicate and not drop the dome in awkward caves etc

lmaoooooooooooo
>>
>>148057858

>What is armor regeneration

If armor regeneration wasn't in, this would be a perfectly valid strategy

But news flash, the monster's armor regenerates at an insane rate and unless the monster does something absolutely retarded like rush into your team with no armor and yet fail to pull off a combo, you'll be hard pressed to do half a health bar
>>
>>148057858
AHAHAH HOW IS DOME CONTROL REAL JUST SHOOT FROM A DISTANCE HAHA LIKE JUST STOP HIM FROM EVOLVING.
>>
>>148025950
>>148026024
But really though arena is in if you check custom game mode
>>
>>148057269

If anyones gay its Hyde and Laz

>If anyone calls you a freak they will get my boot up their arse
>>
>>148038984
An annoying piece of shit to play against but reasonably beatable. Unlike certain monsters.
>>
>>148057578
You dont have to force domes with a monster

If hes being a faggot camping in a cave or something then you just sit at the entrance and rail him. Every Hunter has a ranged weapon for a reason.

The only time you should force a dome is when hes close to evolving
>>
>>148058046
I don't understand. You're saying that there's literally no counter to fighting in a shitty area because the monster can just sit there and eat bullets, accomplishing nothing? And no, armor regen doesn't happen while being shot. And standing still and channeling armor doesn't happen unless you're in the dome.

>Monster runs to advantageous position for fight
>Hunters just go 2 and 2 around the area and shoot him from a distance
>He just stands there with his thumb up his ass
>Forced to leave eventually where he can be domed outside his advantageous area
>>
I really like the idea of a stealthy monster but with the planet scanning and incoming apparent nerf to wraith I was thinking of buying another monster with my 9500 jewbucks. Is Kraken any good? Everyone else just seems too slow
>>
>>148058340
>>148058432

If you do that, he's just going to hide even harder until you are forced to get in a dangerous position where he can start pounding someone without being out of the good spot

You literally cannot choose your dome position, only way to do this is catch the monster unaware and this never happens either because they buffed smell, traversal recharges and monster ability awareness while they were at it
>>
>>148058432
AHAHA JUST SHOT HIM FROM FAR AWAY WHILE HE'S IN THE CAVE AHAHA.
>>
File: 1458850033863.png (207KB, 531x377px) Image search: [Google]
1458850033863.png
207KB, 531x377px
Ok I know this was asked a million times probably, but I'd like to hear the opinions of some anons that started playing recently, is the game FUN for you? The theme and idea behind this game sound very interesting, I've been looking for a fun multiplayer game also, I know it's free but I'd rather not bother with 20 gb if it's not fun to play. I hear one team or the other being OP a lot, do people get competent at higher levels?
>>
>>148056468
She thinks he's business savvy. She also wants to open a business with him. She loves everyone who Daisy buddies up to and literally would be okay with Kala had Daisy not been hesitant towards her. Calm down.
>>
>>148058830
whats not fun about sneaking around as a giant monster and raping 4 people? if the hunters are challenging it makes it even more fun to figure out how to live through them.

if you had to ask you probably shouldnt play dumb jojo poster
>>
>>148058785
>>148058668
You guys are shitters lmao.

Watch any 4 stack on youtube. They flush the monster out and then force him to fight.

If all four people are shooting the monster from the entrance of wherever he's hiding, he will be forced to move 100% of the time.
No but keep forcing fights in tiny caves and fucking your team over every match
>>
still hoping for a progression tree and more useful perks
>>
>>148057598
>Tranq slows him
>Just roach around
>While you do this your jetpack recharges
>He has to waste transversals to even get close to you since he's so fucking slow
????
>>
>>148058668
You don't have to hit F. How are you not getting this?
>>
>>148059000
>Just co-ordinate with your prre-made to beat the monster.
>ahaha just shoot him from the entrance of the cave he'll have to come out,.
>>
>>148059203
stop posting anytime
>>
>>148058785
I'm sad someone actually responded to you.
>>
>>148059000
>>148059146

>The only way to win is to play in a founder premade so no-one hits the big obvious QTE dome button

>WTF THE DOME IS A MASSIVE BUFF TO HUNTERS HUNTERS ARE OP HUNTERS ARE OP

Fuck off

>>148059120

>Roaching

Fat chance, jetpack charges got memed

If you do that, your jetpack is going to run faster than you can scream "Fuck", unless you literally have all three jetpack perks maxed or Sunny is on your team (which she virtually never is)
>>
oh no no no

I'm a rocket man...

rocket loooooord

burning at the court of the rocket king
>>
>>148059258
I lured him out of the cave and domed him, he's mine forever.

>>148059248
Why you literally just said
>ahaha just watch a pre-made do it on youtube.
The guy you were complaining about was he in you're premade?
or is your entire post just another
>me unga team bunga.
>>
>>148059275
>going up a cliff costs jetpack fuel
>not taking all 3 jetpack perks anyway
lmao
>>
>>148059545

>Waste your credits on expensive as fuck perks instead of unlocking usable characters

Maybe if the silver perks didn't hit at Level 13 and Golds at 22-23
>>
do perks stack? If i have 3 Rocket * perks, do they stack? Do i get 100%+ Jump Height?
>>
>>148059275
>The only way to win is to play in a founder premade so no-one hits the big obvious QTE dome button

You are moving your goalposts. Your first assertion was that there is literally no counter to monsters fighting in advantageous spots because they control where they get domed.

Now you are saying that they control where they get domed because retard players mash F the second it is on screen.

Which is it?
>>
>>148059545
>The only way to get killed as medic
>is to invest all my credits in jet pack perks

No thanks, think I'll just not play medic.
>>
>>148059275
>>148059203
My entire point in my original post was my pug group was too stupid to play right and fucked us by fighting in a cave you fucking retards

Holy shit you kids need to go back to school
>>
>>148059767
Yes
>>
>>148059767
I've no clue, no matter how much extra % to my feeding speed, it doesn't seem to be any faster
>>
>>148059704
>spending keys on perks
lmfao holy shit
>>
>>148059767

Yes

There's no build that works for hunters that isn't literally 3 times jetpack

Only exception is MAYBE 3 time DPS Assault, IF you are not facing Kraken or Wraith that will outmaneuver you instantly

>>148059827

>Moving the goalposts

Shared Dome is a sidegrade if anything, and is actually worse than Trapper having to handle doming

If you have even a SINGLE dumb team member, he's going to dome the monster and your entire party is dead

I'd rather rely on a single crew member not being retarded, than all fours and being forced to premade 24/7

And then monsters just complain about Shared Domes being a massive hunter buff despite them getting advantageous domes 24/7 and fucking up the hunters horribly
>>
>>148034210
Do hunter bots get some kind of stat buffs? Because those fuckers just pop their skills much more often than I would think would be possible.
>>
File: XbFMwRC.gif (87KB, 280x297px)
XbFMwRC.gif
87KB, 280x297px
>>148059840
>ahaha lure him out with your premade
>my pug was bad

>ME OOGA
>TEAM BOOGA
>BONGO BANGO
>???
>LOSE

No one forced the fight, monsters do control the dome you guys got rekt because collectively he was better than you. Stop blaming one person for a team loss and stop posting about it.
>>
>Wraith is domed
>Constantly warping behind cover and regenerating health because team is really stupid
>I didn't pick Cabot as support
Why would you pick Wraith and not instantly shit on people inside of the dome?
>>
>>148060124
>>ME OOGA
>>TEAM BOOGA
>>>/r/dota2
>>
>>148059514
The post was advice to watch a video of a premade because they almost always display the exact tactic that beats the strategy you're bitching about. You do not have to be in a premade if all 4 players understand that you don't just run in and drop the dome. Whether or not you have retarded teammates who mess up is irrelevant to the point though, because the conversation was about whether or not there was a way to not fight the monster in a cave. If there are videos of people doing it, it's obviously possible.

Of course, you don't even know what you're arguing at this point because you're a gibbering retard. I am almost positive that no one, in the entire world, has ever cared for an opinion you've ever had.
>>
>>148060083
>There's no build that works for hunters that isn't literally 3 times jetpack
Wrong. 3x jetpack is great if you're new but you should be running
>Jetpack lvl1
>reload speed
>reload speed
If you aren't a shitter but I agree 3x jetpack is better if you are a shitter & don't know how to position yourself
>>
>>148060083
You can greentext
>Moving the goalposts
all you want, but it's what you're doing.

So you concede that you were talking out of your ass when you said:

>I understand everything. Point is, since the monster sees the dome cooldown, HE decides where the dome fight happens, not you
>Notice how the monsters literally rush to the same fucking spots every single time ? They know exactly what they are doing, and you have no way to counter it because you can't lure and dome them manually anymore

Because that is definitely not what you're arguing right now by saying that there are bad players who dome in bad spots.
>>
File: 1464010678561.jpg (419KB, 650x671px)
1464010678561.jpg
419KB, 650x671px
Good to know EMET can't do jack shit about utter fucking garbage players
5 FUCKING
F I V E
I
V
E
Successful respawn beacons for 3 people each time with me having to kite the fucking M.Goliath for 20 seconds every time and we STILL FUCKING LOST
It doesn't matter how many fucking second chances you give them, shit players will always be fucking shit.
And during the ENTIRE last fight I was getting focused whole time and kited for over a fucking minute and they DIDN'T EVEN BREAK HIS ARMOR
HOW HARD IS IT TO HOLD YOUR CROSSHAIR ON A TARGET THAT BIG
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>148060124
>my retarded post was btfo not once but twice
>i made 4 posts spitting back to this guy what he already said
>since im 16 ill just tell him to git gud

S U M M E R
U
M
M
E
R
>>
Reminder to join the steam group if you want to actually get good

>>
>>148060174
>Wah you mean me booga?!
>You booga me Ogga

Yes lad let it all out, how one person lost you a game and "forced you to fight", the dome doesn't come down untill kraken wipes your entire team. Where ever you are the dome sucks you magically inside it.
Face it lad, You Helped Lose That Game.

>>148060424
>Since im wrong 'il just call him a summer fag.
>>
>>148060523
i don't really want to get good i just want to get carried
>>
>>148060174

>The only way to beat a monster at your skill level is for your three pubbie teammates to play like literal clan gods and understand every single tactic down to the finest details
>Instead of doing literally what the tutorial tells them to

Alright, got it

Let's just nerf the monsters and once "the monsters are UP" we'll buff them back

SURELY, even the slightest hit on monster buffs will cause hunters to win 95 % of the time right ?

Surely it's a black and white issue, we can't just nerf the monsters because they win constantly

>>148060402

The monster knows he's getting domed the second the cooldown is over if someone's seeing him in a pub

Instead of pretending to be retarded and not hearing my argument from your perch, try to strike 2 and 2 together

>Pub players are told to hit the dome immediately because even the tutorial says it's a good thing
>Monster gets to see when the dome is ready
>Pubs want to maximize doming time
>There are spots that are obviously advantageous to the monster
>>
>>148060156
as a wraith player, if the hunters are challenging im better off running around in the dome to regain shield and not get my hp cut at all. i want to survive the next dome fight as a stage 2 if possible and maybe a better area to get domed in
>>
>>148060417
>Good to know EMET can't do jack shit about utter fucking garbage players
But thats every Hunter Anon. This game is so heavily based on teamwork for Hunters that pubs are fucking nightmare for every character.
>>
>>148060560
Play trapper you don't really need to do much, occasionally press 4, maybe cc the monster if you feel like it. and it's really fun.
>>
File: 091274615153.jpg (20KB, 400x300px)
091274615153.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>148060553
You keep calling people lad, is it your first time here?

I'm also guessing youre foaming at the mouth at this point, because youre even responding to the wrong people. And now you keep trying to defend yourself by saying "Youre just wrong" even though we made the exact same point

Face it kid youre a fucking idiot and shouldnt have posted in the first place.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation
>>
>>148021275
I'm making around 500 a game.
>>
>>148060774
>Projecting this hard
>>
>>148060859
Not for long
>>
>>148060553
I feel like you either misquoted a post or have no idea what you're responding to. I haven't complained about pubbies all thread and haven't posted about any game that I've lost because of bad doming.

>>148060585
>literal clan gods
>just not hitting F or getting into melee range when the monster is in a tight cave

Hyperbole doesn't help you make a point in any way. It's only a detriment to whatever you're trying to say.

>The monster knows he's getting domed the second the cooldown is over if someone's seeing him in a pub

That is fundamentally different from:

>you have no way to counter it because you can't lure and dome them manually anymore

Your points aren't linked. One is complaining about individual skill levels causing user error and the other is flawed game design. I agree that most people in solo queue are bad at the game. I disagree that you are forced to fight the monster where he wants because there are very easy and simple ways to not fight where he wants.
>>
>>148060751
I know that pubs are a nightmare no matter what you play, I bought EMET HOPING that he could at least make it a bit better by bringing people back constantly when they fuck up.
But nope, some players are so garbage bin tier that they can't even make getting brought back 5 fucking times count whatsoever.
>>
>>148060859
33 mins and you're getting 250
or 25 once you take away level ups
>>
File: 64645616161.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px)
64645616161.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
THESE BULLSHIT NEW DOME AND ARMOR MECHANICS CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES.
>>
>>148061153

Pretending to be retarded and not understand my point doesn't help yours either

The point is simple. Shared Dome is fucked and doesn't do what it's supposed to do, which is give a fair fight to hunters and monsters

You can continue and sit on your pedestal, because clearly you're too high up on your monster streak to care about literally the 4/5ths of the players not having fun
>>
>>148061283
eh, is the new dome that bad I thought it made up encase you had a shit trapper, I remember having a lot of shit trappers who would miss domes constantly.
>>
>>148061153
My bad thought you were the original poster.
>>148056806
>>
>>148060920
Haha holy shit pulling out all the 4chan buzzwords huh

Seriously man spend a bit more time lurking before you make an idiot of yourself again
>>
>>148061465

That match I posted actually had a competent team we were chasing fucking Goliath hard. but lol let me leap and run and get the armor I lost instantly back :^)

I seriously fucking wish this game had different modes like hunters vs player controlled wildlife
>>
File: 1459773879773.gif (420KB, 225x236px) Image search: [Google]
1459773879773.gif
420KB, 225x236px
>stage 2 monster leaps into the team and starts fighting
>BETTER DOME HIM
>>
>>148061856
>doesn't know what projecting means
>Thinks 4chan invented it
lmao
>>
How do you play Lennox against monsters other than Goliath or Elder?

Kraken is up in the air the entire time
Wraith is...wraith
Gorgon made the floor lava, so just like with wraith you're taking damage all the time and can't combo shit no matter how well you dodge.
>>
Played this game during beta forever ago, and I see that the mobile arena is no longer restricted to the trapper. Can I still take out the trapper to take out the dome?
>>
>griffin is this big dick hunter whos famous for murdering monsters
>apparently he killed something even bigger than goliath, and its head on the ship
>he did this alone with a hook and a smg

Hm...
>>
>>148061929
as opposed to fight him until he loses armor and fucks off?
>>
>>148061979
>doesnt use word properly
>u dont even know what it means lmao
>a buzzword means the user invented it

cmon son
im going to stop responding to you after this because its just getting sad at this point
>inb4 u got owned so u stop replying xd
>>
>>148061874
Yeah Armour Regen is a pain in the ass, I get why they did it though, monster is meant to be weak and scrawny stage 1. They want to make sure teams don't kill the monster during the first dome it's almost impossible to do unless the monsters bad.

The new game is designed around skirmishing a lot, to scrub away the walking simulator meme's I think.
Oh well IT IS just a beta hopefully they'll address these problems.
>>
>>148061465
It's not the global dome it's the dome timer mechanics. Now the monster can make an incredibly stupid play and get domed and still get out only losing one or two bars of HP because the dome timer goes way down when you start doing hp damage.
>>
>>148062175
not him but if the monster is actively fighting you, you should hold dome until he tries to run
>>
File: 1404520440195.jpg (479KB, 1250x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1404520440195.jpg
479KB, 1250x1126px
>>148062175
If the monster WANTS to fight you then you dont need to fucking dome do you? All youre doing is lowering the duration of the actual dome. When the monster starts to run, usually when he loses his armor THEN you fucking dome to make him stay and fight you.
>>
>>148062119
>Probably used his hook to wrap it around the things neck and choked it out
>Unloaded into it's face while it screamed
>Cut its head off himself while it was still partially alive
>Dragged it off to the ship periodically saying "noice"
why is he the best hunter
>>
>>148062370
Oh yeah, also the fact that you can't pop your dome any time you want, it's impossible to land clutch domes through the wall and stuff and there have been a lot of bullshit instances where I can see the monster but because he's behind an ankle high ledge it won't me dome, just stupid shit like that is really frustrating. Basically everything about current domes means you can't capitalize on outplaying the monster.
>>
>>148062235
>aha literally making shit up
>still doesn't know what projecting means
>doesn't know what buzzword means
sort yourself out.
>>
File: stats.jpg (43KB, 605x254px)
stats.jpg
43KB, 605x254px
>>148061381
Your point is simple, but different from the one you started the argument with. You calling me retarded doesn't change the fact you have moved your goalposts. I've proven that I understand your point, but I wanted you to own up to the fact that you switched your point halfway through the conversation. If me pointing out your flawed logic makes me "sit on a pedestal," then fine. And again, you're conflating user error and poor game design. No one is forcing bad players to use the shared dome in bad spots. Bad players are playing bad. That isn't the game's fault.

>because clearly you're too high up on your monster streak to care about literally the 4/5ths of the players not having fun

I have played Monster literally 3 times since this version of the game came out.
>>
>>148062119
Presumably the t-rex he killed doesnt have an armored carapace, spit fire, leap 50 feet and rapidly heal and gestate in minutes.
>>
>>148062003
bump
>>
>>148062370
Yeah I think it's because they want to drag on games, so they drop the dome. They want to have more fights but not have people steam role the trapped monsters it weird.

They've made him harder to kill but easier to catch
as opposed to before it was
Hard to catch, but easier to keep in the dome

>>148062512
Yeah that's something that annoys me as well, I'll be fully aware the monster is right next to me but if he's not in line of sight I can't do anything. I don't know how they can address this though, if you could trap monsters by just being near them it'd be over powered and seeing as everyone shares the dome CD now they probably don't want people to miss at all.
>>
File: 20160710232250_1.jpg (166KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160710232250_1.jpg
166KB, 1366x768px
hmmm, really makes you think
>>
File: 114667347.png (28KB, 225x200px) Image search: [Google]
114667347.png
28KB, 225x200px
>>148062445
>>
>>148063035
What the fuck do you keep posting these for Loffel?
>>
>>148062003
bump
>>
File: 1461572171368.gif (1MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1461572171368.gif
1MB, 350x350px
>>148063035
>11,000 turret damage
My man.
>>
>>148057474

rocket man or fuel perks?
>>
>>148062424
dome time is the same anyway
i mean unless the monster tries to run away ONLY AFTER you have chunked his health off after the armor is gone
but the monster is retarded then
>>
>>148063884
>dome time is the same
Youre assuming hunters never go down

And people can and do lose health trying to get a strike on important person like the medic or hank
>>
>>148062424
you say that but I've had people dome me as the monster in one and one fights. maybe they do it just to get it off their screen. seems pretty annoying tbqh, to be fighting for you life while all you see is "PRESS F TO DOME".
>>
I hate both Vals so much
>>
>Manage to own a bad Stage 1 monster, catch it in bad locations and easily fuck it up
>Some retard keeps straying to get himself pinned by plants AND RELEASES THE FUCKING DOME WHEN THE MONSTER HAS NO ARMOR AND WE HAVE ZERO STRIKES
>Literally no message to know who is releasing the dome
>No votekick option

It's only going to get worse every day right ?

Can't wait for the hacker tide
>>
>>148064484
i am going to try this.
>>
>>148062003
Bump
>>
>>148062003
Against kraken you're useless. Just give up.
Against wraith and gorgon just keep punching. It deals good damage even without the combo. They have less hp so you're still doing good damage % wise.
>>
File: 1465105880574.jpg (33KB, 559x577px) Image search: [Google]
1465105880574.jpg
33KB, 559x577px
Reloader perk affects charging speed of abilities correct? Or is it only guns?
For example if I use Reloader with Laz, his burst heal charges faster?
>>
>>148065230
Reload is for slots 1 and 2
Recharge is for 3 and 4
>>
File: 1437004759298.png (830KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1437004759298.png
830KB, 792x792px
This can't be real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vUjZ6b2mYQ
>>
Why does matchmaking takes forever to find a game? I'm waiting for like 5 minutes or more. I'm rank 21. Are there not enough high rank players for games?
>>
>le ebin tracking dart that never comes off
>>
File: 745649418941954.jpg (25KB, 480x712px)
745649418941954.jpg
25KB, 480x712px
>>148065482
>>
File: 1466503341858.png (544KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
1466503341858.png
544KB, 1067x800px
>>148065482
>Goliath, Gorgon and Kraken complaining about hunter
>>
Why are other medic players such cucks. Its always them who disconnect if they don't get their spot. I don't.
>>
I got 5500 keys. Is it best to get a hunter or save for a monster? I like playing Trapper and Support, who should I get?
>>
Darius, Fuck you
>>
Is there a list anyone's made of which character unlock which perks?
>>
>play as monster
>hunters literally spot you within seconds and fill follow your arse until death
>can't damage to do anything
am i doing something wrong?
>>
File: 1467860278444.png (285KB, 1062x706px) Image search: [Google]
1467860278444.png
285KB, 1062x706px
I'd love to meet the chucklefuck that thought up Wraith.
>Let it double its already huge damage output lmao
>Lets give it the ability to do big damage to Hunters while they're chasing lmao
>And give it the ability to stop Hunters from even trying to kite lmao
>Give it an explosion that destroys ability objects too lmao
>But don't give it that much less health than other monsters because that would balanced lmao
Its lack of weaknesses and ability to deal with every single situation is appalling. I don't know how it got past testing or how it has apparently been this ridiculous for a year.
>>
so how exactly are you meant to fight elder kraken
>>
>>148066025
Go fucking die, Jagger
>>
>>148066116
Yeah, you're not jumping constantly
>>
val's got a nice bod
>>
>>148065805
Could be they hate the other roles or want the challenge.

>>148065871
Depends if you want a monster get a monster
You want a hunter get a hunter
Abe and griffin are good are good trappers
Hank and sunny are good supports
Really they're all fine.

>>148066036
No

>>148066167
Kraken has never been nerfed

>>148066191
You don't he fights you

>>148066025
Shut up Jagger, you jag off.
>>
Didn't Val's old pose show her butt?
>>
>Get a strike on the Hunter with the single most OP ability (in this case Crow and his "fuck your mobility" gun)
>Run and only lose one healthbar because Dome just vanishes
>Eat a few prey to get full armor
>Hunters just following me blindly

I didn't manage a Stage 1 wipe, but by Stage 3 they all had two strikes, just had to clean up by downing them
>>
So for perk 1, most of the perk have such minuscule advantages that theirs no point in taking them. Examples being +5% damage increase and +5% speed.
For example taking the damage increase for Crow would turn his 98dmg shots into 103, and Hydes flamer would only go from 35~ damage per tick to 38~.
I've tried the level 3 speed (5%) and it does practically nothing when catching up to the monster. The majority of your speed derives from rocket pack usage

The only lvl 1 perks that are actually effective are,
Extra Fuel, +Rocket Fuel Efficiency (15%)
Bionic Legs, +Jump Height (100%)
Rocket Man, +Efficiency (5%), +Rocket Recharge (5%), +Jump Height (30%)

But even Rocket Man isn't exactly a great choice. It might look pretty but 30% jump height is really bad, and the boosts to the jetpack are again, very miniscule.

The reasons for Fuel and Jump are because +15% fuel leaves you with about ~60% of a charge left after boosting four times, and being able to jump twice as high becomes very useful when juking the monster, since you can get up structures much faster by using less rocket fuel
>>
Alright boys, another 5500 keys. Getting either EMET, Jack, or Slim. who's the most viable of the three?
>>
Honestly I'd call myself a monster main, but sometimes I get into a lobby with other people that prefer monster and end up having to play hunter. Every time that happens I find myself asking how am I beating the hunters so often because I've been winning my few hunter games pretty easily.
>>
>monster win streak
>finally lose to hunters because i fall through world

GREAT
>>
>>148066619
>Kraken has never been nerfed
So balance changes were nearly nonexistent for an entire year?
Jesus fucking Christ dude I hope F2P has changed their tune on actually balancing things.
>>
Is there any downside to just buying a Founder's Key right now?
>>
File: 1434158075921.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1434158075921.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>medics who don't heal

I hate slim players with a passion.
>>
>>148066889
>15 win streak
>Stage up to stage 2
>Go to eat some food
>Cant
>my acid spit isnt recharging
>cant crouch
>can only jump and attack regularly
>cant even use my other abilities
>hunters flailing around as i walk around unmoving
>literally walk to the edge of the reserve so i explode
>They actually manage to lose me on the way there
>See them looking for me as the death meter counts down
>i lost to these fuckers
i know that feel anon
>>
File: CUTE!.jpg (38KB, 930x523px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE!.jpg
38KB, 930x523px
>>148067938
>Slim players who don't heal
How. All you have to do is hit the monster fucking 2 - 3 times and spam 4

Also, his bug a cute
>>
>playing hunters
>monster always gets us sooner or later
>playing monster
>somehow the hunters have perfect coordination, actually know skills exist, never decide to run off by their own

and how is it even possible to be designated monster this often when I put him in least desired to play catagory.

0.3 winrate

I think this is the worst I've ever been at vidyagames. Like ever.
>>
>>148066907

Well, you try to balance a dead game.
But in all honesty, I hope there will be some balancing.
>>
>>148068254

Monster takes literally no skill

Learn to use your traversals and movement skills, and use your abilities like flame to down wildlife
>>
>meteor goliath getting dicked
>me and cabot kiting the fuck out of him, hes 1/3 health
>downs three of us, 15s timer and opts to run instead of kill the last guy
>later we win
>says were the shittiest hunters and that lazarus is op even though he only rezzed someone twice

kek
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to eat and evolve if the hunters are always on your ass? I can maybe get enough food to be able to evolve to stage 2 but as soon as that happens they found me and I cannot seem to get rid of them.
>>
>>148068023

You deserve it for playing a literal meme boss

Gorgon is broken, all you have to do is plant the undodgeable spider mines and acid whoever gets caught in them

Guaranteed incap
>>
Does stuff like Markov's lightning gun and Hyde's flamethrower proc the poison dot perk?
>>
>>148068417
>monster takes no skill if you learn X stuff

Yeah just like Hunters take no skill if you learn how to use your abilities and manage jetpack
>>
>>148068519
Get the feeding and speed perks

Congrats, you will never lose again
>>
>>148068604
I have those.
>>
So wait, how the fuck does Griffin's harpoon work ?
>>
>>148068215
He like never used his 4 ever.
>>
>>148068859
Click and hold, it prevents the monster from moving away from you and you can also cancel movement abilities with it with proper timing
>>
>>148068547
no to mention the fact he moves 3x as fast as the other monsters

Its hilarious too because every gorgon ive played is shit and only runs in one direction, and if they actually juked they could be lvl 3 before a single fight
>>
>>148068757
you have all of them?
>>
>>148069020
>he
>>
>>148068859
Think walking an over-excited Labrador

You have to be behind him, and then in order to completely stop him you have to plant your feet aka stop moving. If you hook him from the front nothing will happen except a wasted cooldown
>>
Do you get all the perks when buying a founder's edition key, or just the hunters and monsters?

I seriously don't want to have to grind the useful perks out.
>>
>>148068969
>>148069159

Well, I guess it would have been better if the game told me upfront I have to hold the damn thing

All I saw was "Fire the Harpoon and you're good to go" and I thought it would work similar to that harpoon deployable some other Trapper had
>>
>>148069254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlPfWxul5F4
>>
Is there a list somewhere of all the perks you can unlock by leveling characters? Sucks that you can't scroll down
>>
>>148069134
level 3 hunger and level 1 movement speed or traversal, rest I haven't unlocked, yet.
>>
>>148020994
>can't even try out characters in practice

Haha nice meme
>>
ay there any aussies that wanna group? chat room is useless
>>
>>148068859
slark leash
>>
This game has the potential to become one of the F2P big hitters on steam. The next few patches will determine if it stays or dies like the rest.
>>
>>148061113
I got 1600 last game.

I'm lvl25.
>>
>>148068547
>Undodgeable spider mines
Maybe if you're shit
>Gauranteed incap
If I'm right there, even then it downs the hunter to 2/3 of his health, not even half
She moves really quickly, yeah, but she has fuck all health, not to mention mimic is utterly useless
>>
>>148068547
Unless you're playing Goliath, I don't think you have room to talk fambalam. All the monsters beyond M. Goliath and regular Goliath are broken in some way - Wraith and Kraken hit like trucks, Behemoth moves incredibly fast for being such a tanky monster, as well as his abilities hitting fairly hard.
>>
File: 1459548470184.jpg (113KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
1459548470184.jpg
113KB, 600x406px
>Spend four hours crushing wraiths in a premade.

I bathe in the blood of wraith shitters.

Seriously though, I saw one kelder and one goliath, rest was just wraith. They all got pretty salty too, some even RQ as they realised their precious twenty win streaks were going down the drain.
>>
>meteor goliath gets a perk that will insta-break hooks

Ummmmmmm
>>
Cair'as got a qt voice
>>
>>148070185
>premade
>none of my friends play, the ones that do are new to the game
>always get shit on as hunter except when I play Lennox
>even then it's a brutal battle between me and the monster at the end where he has like half a health bar and I have no protection at all
i wanna know what a premade feels like.
>>
>>148069905
Then you got a couple challenges done in that match.
>>
>>148070130
I just fought a behemoth stacking movement boost perks, as a new player how do I counter that shit? I'm not sure if just my team being shit and not cutting him off but I had a tracker on him and he was able to out run us the entire time and was still able to eat and shut
>>
Who's the best trapper?
>>
whos the hunter that keeps splashing this green shit that pushes me back a bit

whos that stupid hunter who creates shield drones that require me to focus??

i dont remember these hunters at all
>>
>>148070317
That's where all the silver is coming from.

But the point is, Ivl25 and I got 1600, so to say it dries up super quick is wrong. There are a shitton of hidden challenges.
>>
>>148070480
me
>>
>>148070185
I don't really understand why you would get salty playing as the monster against good hunters. I mainly play Gorgon, and I love it when the hunters are able to actually fight back effectively, since too many groups fall apart easily.
>>
File: 1458281908433.jpg (87KB, 355x376px)
1458281908433.jpg
87KB, 355x376px
>>148070317
>THE CHALLENGES GIVE FUCK ALL!!!!!
>THE CRATES GIVE FUCK ALL!!!!!!
>"i got a lot in my match"
>WOW IT MUST BE THE CHALLENGES AND CRATES!!!!!
>>
>>148070642
trminder

stop posting anytime
>>
>>148070532
>whos the hunter that keeps splashing this green shit that pushes me back a bit
either Hyde or Cabot depending on your definition of green shit (like, smoke?)

>whos that stupid hunter who creates shield drones that require me to focus??

That'd be Sunny
>>
>>148032168

People like you need to shut up.
>>
>>148070849
Sounds like Jack, since it's pushing him back.
>>
Should I get Maggie, Crow or Griffin?
>>
Does the Founder's Key only come with all the Hunters or does it include all Monster as well? The monsters are the main reason I even want to play this game.
>>
>Get downed as non-Medic
>Monster camps my body
>Medic sits very far away and just keeps me alive by healing me
>Literally pump the monster full of pistol rounds
>First arena drops with one hunter strike and 3-4 healthbars on the monster

Will people ever learn
>>
>>148033237

Mimic is great to have when mid fight and someone tries to run. You dont' take as much damage as you'd think and if you've played Gorgon enough you'll easily spiderman into them and gg
>>
>>148071370
It doesn't include a couple of hunters from each class, and Gorgon and Behemoth for monsters. The paid DLC characters.
>>
>>148069986
You have no idea what youre talking about do you?

I fought a 28 streak gold gorgon and he went lvl 3 mimic and acid spray. All he did was suicide bomb it into us and it did half hp.
Later on he would drop a trap right on top of us then acid spray+mimic and we were dead

The thing is op as shit
>>
>>148071507
In that case would be a priority to go for those first or to go for perks?
>>
>>148035737

It only works against bad Monsters.
>>
>>148071619
Perks are most important, but they can mostly (all?) be unlocked by leveling up characters. If you see a character that looks really interesting, go ahead and pick it up.
>>
>>148033312
>attempting to escape the planet
>monsters are spawned extradimensionally
>monsters always run on energy
if you actually paid attention you'd notice that the monsters eat wildlife.
You'd also know that some characters say that the planet spawns them as a self-defense mechanism.
It sounds like you're not paying enough attention because they could get off the planet if they felt like it they're just doing the hunt for mad lels and money.
>>
>>148071842
Even the tier 3 ones and all that? If so that's actually a pretty interesting system
>>
>>148032554
I just fucked three different Wraiths (12, 7, and 5 win streaks each) into a whole new dimension of pain with Lennox. The punch's range is deceptively large, you can stay out of Wraith's bullshit well enough, and if you get a damage reset, it's just an opportunity to press 3 since there's otherwise no point.
>>
>>148033590
What's your steam ID?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1080x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1080x720px
>>148035737

>mfw medic tries to do this bullshit to me
>but he just gets set on fire and catches a fucking rock in the face
>>
>>148071842
So purchasing perks is just a shortcut?
>>
>>148070836
I'll never stop lad.
>>
>>148072010
Yes, even tier 3 perks, but those are faaar into the list. There's 40 levels for each character, and the skins and gold perks are the last things unlocked.
>>
>Tether the Gorgon
>Rest of the team literally runs straight into his fucking face, including the wounded Medic
>>
>>148042053

He's getting a nerf.
>>
>>148072130
It sounds grindy but I actually kind of like that system, usually companies would make you pay currency for that with no other way
>>
What are the chest thingies I get from challenges? I cant find how to unlock or do stuff with them anywhere
>>
>>148072220
Just keys
>>
>monsters above lvl 23 are ALL taking the perk that breaks the hook as soon as it connects

Great, the one good trapper is now fucking useless
>>
>>148072057
Pretty much. Keep in mind though, that it is more key-efficient to unlock perks with levels, since if you have a perk maxed out, the level up unlock will be a crummy amount of keys, much less than the perk is worth.
>>
damn, Griffin is fun as fuck
you can feel the hate of the monster when you slow him down again and again
>>
>people that play lazarus when a hunter going down lowers dome time by 3:30
>>
>>148071907

>if you actually paid attention you'd notice that the monsters eat wildlife.

That just means they consume biomass to grow faster.

>You'd also know that some characters say that the planet spawns them as a self-defense mechanism.

Whereas Caira thinks they come from Cherenkov Space, and she is the one that actually knows what the fuck she's talking about in regard to Patterson Physics.

>It sounds like you're not paying enough attention because they could get off the planet if they felt like it they're just doing the hunt for mad lels and money.

Their goal is an evacuation of the planet, which they can't do with one ship. They'd need a bigger ships with bigger Patterson Drives.
>>
EVOLVE E-SPORTS WHEN???
>>
Now that I'm just going Griffin every round, the monster is getting dicked hard

Fuck your Medic focusing and magic traversal spam. Here's a harpoon

>>148072409

Better be removed soon
>>
>>148073063
That shit was actually interesting to watch early on.
>>
>>148071318
Between those three, Griffin is the most useful.
>>
Behemoth buff when? He's my favorite monster, but he feels weak right now.
>>
>>148072409
what perk?
>>
>play first 50 matches
buh, why are monster so unfair?

>come closer to 100 matches, mainly hunter
now I win more often than not, even Kraken and Wraiths
>die more often as a monster against good hunter
maybe monster are not as OP as I thought
>>
>>148073437
Idk what its called. But you get it around lvl 22~, I just fought two different monsters with it

It makes it so as soon as the harpoon touches the monster it breaks, so there is literally 0 slow time. Complete bullshit
>>
>>148072554
>lazarus players who let their team get downed.

all you have to do is mash 4 ffs
>>
>>148071559
>MIMIC

L
M
A
O

It's a dead fucking skill. Gorgon's skill ceiling is low of all monsters but mimic is completely worthless against a team with half a brain.
>>
>>148073782
made me reply 5/10 good premise.
>>
>>148073782
I don't think that perk exists, anon.
>>
>Detect the Wraith near instantly on drop
>Harpoon and dome him
>He literally focuses the Medic, poon him
>Medic can't get away because he can just use Abduction regardless of poon
>Then uses his shitty OP combo to get lethal damage in
>Wins with one health bar left in first dome

>W-wraith is not OP guys, he'd be even a bit UP i-if I may say so

I hope they nerf that fucker into non-existence, fuck that shit. Wraith Release 2.0, no holds barred on the nerfs this time
>>
>>148073997
>>148074012
I shit you not.
I thought it was a Meteor Goliath perk that causes him to have fire DoT on his body at all times, and so my hooks would break.

But then we just fought a Wraith and I made sure to wait until I was behind him and he wasn't using abilities, and the hook still insta-breaks.
It makes Griffin and Maggie quite literally useless
>>
>>148073782
You're playing Griffin, right?
You have to hold down the button on the gun for the harpoon to stay there.
>>
>>148074217
Yeah I know, trust me I'm not retarded or some shit.

I'm lvl 18 with and main Griffin, and this shit happened on match, then happened 2 matches later.
I would stand behind, harpoon it, and it instantly breaks, the entire match. Two different monsters
>>
>>148074491
Look m80 try being closer next time, this perk doesn't exist.
>>
>>148074491
sure its not shit ping or small disconects?
>>
>>148074046
I think the reason kraken and wraith are so good is that they negate the jetpack memers.
>>
Anyone else having infinite searching despite all 5 players present?
>>
File: 1434127992559.png (134KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
1434127992559.png
134KB, 372x334px
>3 players dead
>respawns in 10 seconds
>last player tries to fight the monster instead of running away
>>
Is it worth the time spent setting up mines as Markov or throwing bombs as Hyde when instead that time could be spent fucking the monster's ass with lightning/flamethrower?
>>
>My game just froze due to connection failure despite my internet working flawlessly in the background

Nice network code TRS
>>
>>148075595
Yes
Markovs lighting gun has down time, unless your shit at mines always try to drop some.
Hydes stinkbomb is free damage.
>>
>>148075595
>setting up mines as Markov
nigga, its one of the best things he does

>dome monster
>put 3 things on the ground
>fight as usual
>your support or medic can now retreat through it
>the monster get blasted to smithereen
>>
Just started playing this, i played it on the xbone casually so i get the jist of the game. I'm current;y loving playing lennox as assualt or jack as trapper. anybody wanna give me some tips on the perks to take as them?
>>
>>148075595
Yes, they do insane amounts of damage
>>
>W-wraith is not OP you just don't know how to play the game

Leaving every game I see a Wraith being picked

If the monster decides he's here to farm, he'll farm bots
>>
>>148075595
They do fuckloads of damage, just keep reminding your teammates where the mines are at so they can kite into them
>>
File: 1439051987107.jpg (156KB, 637x599px) Image search: [Google]
1439051987107.jpg
156KB, 637x599px
>first time wraith wins a lvl 20 game
>>
How to fix Wraith in one step:
1-Decoy deals no damage.
>>
>>148073251

You talk tough but I guarantee you're going to make the terrible mistake of harpooning an elite monster thats just chillin and you make him go apeshit on your entire team. he'll save you for last and then pounce you for that shitty pounce damage and laugh at you in all chat as you die slowly.
>>
>>148076870
gee, I wonder who's behind this post mr.monster
>>
>>148076794
There's two routes they could go with decoy. Either make it deal damage but it dies really fast or it has decent health but doesn't do damage
>>
>>148076870
>being this mad he got griffin'd and he couldn't counter it
>Probably a Val / Lennox combo
>Couldn't run as Lennox shoved her lance so far up his Wraith shitter ass he died in a stage 1 dome
>>
>Reach level 20
>Suddenly everytime we dome the monster at stage 1 they quit

?????
>>
File: 1411494756797.jpg (5KB, 192x190px)
1411494756797.jpg
5KB, 192x190px
>people who follow the monster in a straight line around the map instead of cutting across to get ahead of it
>>
>8 streak Gorgon
>Tries to meme on the team by evading
>I laid sound spikes in a line across the center so all his traversal jukes are easily revealed
>Poon and dome him because my eyes aren't burned out and I can tell its outline
>Dropped to 2/5ths of its health in first dome
>Literally quits, we easily shoot out the bot despite an otherwise slightly shitty chokepoint (cave entrance)

>>148077356

Level 20 is kind of a magic threshold where all the hunters ought to be decent at their job
>>
File: 1464741428375.jpg (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1464741428375.jpg
19KB, 499x499px
>>148077651
>people who cut across the map the whole game instead of just waiting at chokepoints for him to come out
>>
File: nope.png (87KB, 157x178px)
nope.png
87KB, 157x178px
>you can insult the monster while you play using /all

How did I not know that

>pick Lennox
haha, time to wreck shit up
>enemy monster picks Kraken
>mfw
>>
>>148077763
I wish there were multiple voice chat channels. I want to be able to taunt the hunters as I run circles around them.
>>
>cairas who burn their jetpacks and speed boost to dome first and get promptly dunked
>>
>>148077937

The only person who should burn his jetpack to catch the monster is the Trapper since he is much more likely to know what is going on

Then, he just needs to not get killed while his team drops in, and EVEN if gets striked, Trapper is in theory the least important hunter when it comes to accumulating strikes, given that you're supposed to not face the monster with the poon and you'll have a lot of jetpack saved up
>>
Cabot x Val is canon
>>
What should I be doing in fights as Abe? Throw down the slowy-ball, use up all my shotgun ammo, and repeat?
>>
>>148078094
every time
>eager guy jumps way ahead of the team to trap the monster
>gets pinned down by sneak attack
RIP
>>
>>148078094
>Trapper since he is much more likely to know what is going on
Lol what? Knowing what's going on is entirely down to the players, not the class, especially considering every single trapper tracking ability is global and everybody can see it on their hud. They have literally no information other classes don't have, everybody gets it.
>>
>>148078247
>all 4 of us are together
>monster spends a solid half minute trying to pounce me
>keeps getting instantly torn off of me
>I keep getting healed
>its still crouching infront of me
how do these people function in real life
>>
>>148076794
Decoy does shit damage. I literally stand there and ignore it as it swipes at me. You must be garbage or something. Be happy decoy doesn't make the wraith go invisible anymore, you fucking casual.
>>
When does the free character rotation change?
>>
>>148078639
Look at this retard thinking invis was any good
>>
>>148077914
I'm trying to get my friends to play it, then we all just go into teamspeak or something and I can taunt them while they hunt me.
>>
Do acidic rounds affect Bucket's turrets?
>>
>>148078870
Friday
>>
>play gorgon for the first time
>dat traverse
>dat spit
>dem webs
>mimic
>dat sticking to walls and watching retard hunters walk right by me

I've found the monster I always wanted from the start.
>>
>>148078639

>Decoy does shit damage

I don't call double damage and tanking a bunch of hit shit damage

Especially not since you can fight back now, and use all your abilities

>>148079136

Gorgon is pretty OP unless the other team has either a tether or at least two different slows (for example Val and Crow)
>>
File: 1416376959051.jpg (77KB, 483x564px) Image search: [Google]
1416376959051.jpg
77KB, 483x564px
>>148079136
>get traversal regen
>never touch the ground except to feed
>>
>>148078941
You're crying about a decoy that's so fucking obvious you'd have to be blind to think it's the real one and retarded to think it's a threat. Git gud.
>>
>>148079136
>I can never find walls to stick on
I want to sneak
>>
>>148079302
It clear you don't play the game and you're just here shitposting because you hate it. It's okay.
>>
>>148079205
Decoy does top 40% of your health before it ends. If your healer can't handle that then maybe you should cry about buffing healers.
>>
>>148079457

It's still free damage and it soaks all the hits from the person it's targeting if it's a DPS dealer, or distracts massively the healer/support

Meanwhile, you're free to abduct/explode/nova a player for a free incap
>>
File: Dipshit.png (33KB, 617x193px) Image search: [Google]
Dipshit.png
33KB, 617x193px
>>148079423
Try again, retard. The only monsters that need nerfed are the krakens.
>>
>>148079545
Don't blame your shit teammates on the monster.
>>
So what's effective against wraith?
>>
File: 1467549486017.jpg (37KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
1467549486017.jpg
37KB, 500x644px
>when you have a trapper that stays glued to the monster and always tracker darts it

it's the best feeling in the world
>>
>>148079995
alt+f4
>>
>>148079959

>Shit teammates
>Wraith can literally incap the Medic in two abilities rolls no matter what you do
>Harpoon doesn't work because explosive traversal ignores it for whatever reason
>Once he novas your Medic it's over

Fuck off, even the devs have declared they're nerfing the bitch and that was one whole fucking day after the beta opened

>>148079995

Quit immediately, there's no counters, soft or hard, to the Wraith. It can ignore every ability as it pleases while massacring your Medic
>>
File: 1465243660181.png (555KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465243660181.png
555KB, 1280x720px
>>148079995
Nothing. Prep your asshole because those scythes are going all the way in at 150 kph
>>
>>148079995
Spread out and stay away from it.
>>
>>148079995
as a wraith player

track darts are annoying and placing domes in open areas without a place for me to hide and ay chicken makes things difficult
>>
>>148080135
That's because casuals like you cry about it. Maybe you should try not being trash at doming the monster so it doesn't reach stage 3 to the point it can shit on someone with 2 abilities.
>>
>wraith ambushes us at at spawn
>10k damage shielded later, 4k mortar damage, 2k fusion damage, and 2 respawn waves later, the wraith finally downs me and we wipe
Fuck sake, why do assaults have so much trouble damaging wraiths.
>>
>>148080296

>Stage 3

Wraiths always win at Stage 1, generally in the first dome
>>
>>148077651
>monster tracks following a large roundish cliff
>tracker is slightly to one way, he must be going right
>i'll cut him off
>everyone else goes left
>step on noob-eater plant
>"wut u doin"

fug...
>>
>>148080304
It wasn't even a cave and he didn't even spam decoy THAT much, I'm honestly puzzled how he didn't die considering he ignored the assault until the trapper and medic were down.
>>
>>148080496
Tell that to the last three wraiths I played against that died at stage 2 in the second dome. Try making some friends and communicating instead of random BR pubs.
>>
>>148077651

It's important to have at least 1 person following directly behind it's tracks in case it tries a juke.
>>
>>148080618

>J-just go premade

Nah
>>
>you can't see which perks you'll get further than lvl 11 until you level up
>the game won't let you browse the perk menu unless you're in lobby
>it doesn't even tell you what the next rank gives
Whoever designed the UI should be dragged in the street and shot.
>>
Best perks for Gorgon?
>>
>>148080767

>First category of perks is Bronze only
>Second is Silver only
>Third is Gold
>Fourth is the elite skins

You need to level all your hunters like crazy to get an usable skill set
>>
>assault lagging behind by a mile
>put my jet pack booster on him
>continues to walk at a moderately pace
>tell him what it does and that he should boost to catch up with the rest of the crew
>no response, still just walks as I hook my beam up to him
>rest of the team uses my jetpack boost
>they just hold it to fly straight up or forward instead of dashing

I know it is free 2 play now, but is everyone that plays victim of a reading disability?
>>
File: 2466877866443.png (249KB, 351x369px) Image search: [Google]
2466877866443.png
249KB, 351x369px
>>148080723
Then keep crying like a little bitch.
>>
>>148080860
I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO WILL GIVE ME ROCKET KING/LORD
GOD
>>
>>148081036

Opinion discarded

I'll be happy when they "accidentally" nerf Wraith into irrelevance and never buff her again because the absolute newbies will give unusable telemetry

>>148081076

If they give you Bronze perks, you'll get the same perks in Silver and Gold I believe
>>
>>148080881
I always end up dead last as sunny. Also when the guy digures out I'm the reason the medic dashes like it's tribes I get focused HARD. Any tips?
>>
>>148081076
I have level 3 Rocket Man and 1 in Rocket Lord and I've been playing Crow/Slim/Abe as my main 3
>>
>>148081197
You sure? Markov gave me a silver jetpack recharge perk but I don't have the bronze one.
>>
>>148081373

Not certain

No harm in farming all the hunters you can access until Silver anyways
>>
>>148081254
Is slim good?
The only time I saw one we got dunked on pretty hard.
Also is there a point to healing downed crew?
>>
>>148079995
Avoiding its abilities and shooting it until it's dead.

Don't flail about like a retarded. Just dodge the warp blast.
>>
>>148081516
>Also is there a point to healing downed crew?
Heal them up all the way and they're revived
>>
Can someone explain how do I play as Hank?
Rocket bombing is extremely slow and monster just runs away from it, I have never been able to land it on monster in 3 games
How do I use defence thingy and when?
>>
>>148081240
Using movement speed boost perks helps a little. Also knowing the maps and how to get around them cuts down your travel time massively.
Well if the monster is focusing you, it is the teams job to protect you and get his attention shifted towards someone else. Try to find a good, high spot to overlook the area you fight in so you have more time to dodge away if the monster decides to climb your tower. It is also a good idea to place your drone buddy by the same manner and quite a bit away from your spot so the monster has to make even more decisions on what to hunt down first. If he takes the drone, put down another and switch places. It won't work as easy against good monsters, but it should give you some breathing room.
>>
Do I get anything for actually buying the game and a bunch of shit way back when?
>>
>>148081693

Don't hold the shield, tap it so that you time it when the monster is using a nuke skill like rock throw or warp blast
>>
>>148081693
Anytime it's up/the medic is getting focused. Don't be shy qith your 4 though, use it before so it refreshes earlier.
>>
>>148081739
Rocket or movespeed?
>>
>>148081693
>Rocket bombing is extremely slow and monster just runs away from it
Use it when the monster is locked in place (e.g. it is evolving) or has a hard time dodging in time. Use the shield projector sparingly, try to put it up just before someone is about to get hit and let go of it if nobody is getting/about to get hurt.
>>
>>148081693

If your team has tethers and slows from the Trapper as it should, nuke it then

If it's focusing on a walled hunter, summon it

If you're about to get downed, put it over yourself
>>
>>148081861
>>148081863
Actually I was talking about his shield projector
But thanks
Any tips overall?
>>
File: clip+(2016-07-10+at+06.23.17).jpg (604KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-07-10+at+06.23.17).jpg
604KB, 1920x1080px
How to play Gorgon
>>
>>148081968
Personal preference and map depending really. If the map features rather even terrain going with movement speed is not bad since your overall pace will be faster.
If the map is featuring a lot of height differences which make traversal a chore use the jetpack boost perks.
Jetpack perks in general are never a bad choice just to give you a bit more moveability during combat (being able to make that dodge or not often decides if you're going to live or not).
>>
>>148082218

I'm talking about the shield projector

never hold the shield projector, tap it so that you can use it to mitigate nuke skills
>>
Why is this so broken?

Seriously, so many fucking times I get stuck on a loading screen or stuck in the queue or some other shit.
>>
>>148082281
Abuse spiderlings near downed hunters

Acid spray does fuck off damage at max level

Your vertical mobility is absurd. You control the fight, don't bother using melee unless it's to down a hunter.
>>
>>148081516
I think he's fun. You have to know how to not play like a bitch, since you get a ~1s cooldown on your heal burst for each pellet that hits the monster using your maggot shooter, and it has a pretty poor range so you have to be closer than other healers to get a lot of heals out. If you're a good player, then you should do well as Slim in my opinion.
>>
>First game as monster last night, play goliath, since I liked it's looks more than meteor.
>Get to stage 3 without ever being domed once
>Run to reactor
>They're all there
>"Well, at least I got stage 3, might as well fight it out until they kill me"
>Trap one in a corner and down then
>One tries to run over and revive, down them too
>Rinse and repeat
>Win
>Well... I thought I was going to lose with no perks

D...Did I get lucky last night?
>>
>>148082281
Mimic isn't as useful as the other skills. I'd suggest trying it out in a bot game if you really want to see what its like. You aren't a fighter, you're a rogue. Keep moving, and disengage any time things get rough. Use your trap liberally, but keep in mind you can only have one out at a time, and popping out another one will make the old one disappear, even if it has a hunter in it.
>>
>>148081693
Just be smart with your rockets, don't feel like you have to use it off cooldown or something. If the monster is looping put it on the other side, put it on downed bodies, put it on top of the medic or whoever he's focusing etc. Force him to disengage or eat a lot of damage.
>>
>>148082478
That you, doqo?
>>
>>148076486
Anybody?
>>
File: 1424537672654.png (123KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
1424537672654.png
123KB, 361x361px
>>148052706
Gorgon, I need to stomp as smug pider
>>
>>148082620
Yep.

FTP retard medics don't understand you can revive people by healing them. Unless it _was_ the medic you trapped. In which case they are still retards for not just standing back and shooting you.
>>
File: 1278649269192.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1278649269192.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>pick Cabot
>Assault goes Lennox
>>
Managing to kill an obviously sloppy monster at Stage 3 with your team using all their abilities properly is a great feeling

You know you're doing well when the monster can't tell if he should be focusing the Trapper pooning him, the Medic keeping everyone healthy or the Support who keeps shielding my ass
>>
File: 1416235948929.png (748KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1416235948929.png
748KB, 531x471px
>"Earn double keys on launch weekend!"

>get less than 200 keys a match most of the time
>>
>>148083580
>monster goes kraken/wraith
>>
>>148083702
yup most people are probably going to quit once the event is over when they see how little keys you get
>>
File: 1466287755453.gif (2MB, 320x221px)
1466287755453.gif
2MB, 320x221px
>>148083580
>8x DAMAGE
>>
>>148083858
Why do I keep seeing multipliers when cabot isn't on the team?
>>
make a new thread already i thought this gamewas brought back to life by Laz????
>>
File: 1464802886704.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464802886704.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>people crying OP over a wraith with no super nova and level one decoy
>>
>>148084083
Laz, val and torvald create weakpoints(the white bullseyes) that deal increased damage when yo ushoot them
>>
>>148084118
>Tfw level 1 Decoy that you didn't have until Stage 2 out damages the Warp Blast you had 2 points in from the start
>>
>>148084247
We're all playing free rotarion mercs.
>>
wraith pickers kyselfs

how do i all chat?
>>
>>148084462
>>148084462
>>148084462
>>
>>148083537
I don't remember for sure, but I think it was the medic. I kind of just charged them and knocked them into a corner, then used the ground smash and kept swiping them until they died. I know for sure the assault was the last one I fought.
Thread posts: 825
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.