[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fog/ Fallout General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 783
Thread images: 192

File: CUJtnIoWoAEguk3.jpg (103KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
CUJtnIoWoAEguk3.jpg
103KB, 600x903px
Nate you Fucking Idiot edition

(Thus fuck the /pol/ Faggot)

>CK
http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
http://pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
http://pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
https://mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
http://pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
http://pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
http://pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
http://pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
http://pastebin.com/EEaEc6rW

>Fallout 3/NV
http://pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
http://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
>>>/aco/fallout (nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
>>>/y/fallout (nsfw)

Pre-War Thread: >>147110115
>>
File: ScreenShot32.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot32.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Alright /fog/, what am I in for?
>>
>>147169874
Obviously this one, because the other one was made by a /pol/ retard who's been shitting on both /TESG/ and Here for a while
>>
>>147169874
What armor?

jesus fuck that face is creepy
>>
Ranger armor.
>>
Sex with ADA!
>>
>playing fallout 4 for the last three hours
>almost completely burnt out after clearing out the cave under the red rocket and building food/water/radio/beds in the shit settlement and realizing there's no reason to do anything else with the settlements

I wouldn't be so burnt out if I wasn't finding pipe rifles and pipe pistols exclusively. Does this game get less shitty or is it generally terrible like the beginning has been? The dialogue system is fucking trash and makes this feel like mass effect, another shitty not-rpg pretending to be an rpg. Why do the faggots at bethesda have to ruin good things?
FUCKING STOP CHANGING THREADS I JUST WANT ANSWERS ON IF FALLOUT 4 IS EVER WORTH PLAYING OR NOT
>>
>>147169985
I meant to ask what I can expect from Far Harbor.

>>147169995
Just bits and pieces of Combat and Metal.
>>
File: isoaOXA.jpg (329KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
isoaOXA.jpg
329KB, 2560x1080px
>>147169723

Finally a Good OP
>>
>>147169995
You can barely see the face how is it creepy
>>
File: Raider PA.png (1MB, 869x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Raider PA.png
1MB, 869x1079px
If there is a God, we'll be getting amazing Raider power armor customisation with Nuka World.
>>
>>147170201
I meant the bikini
>>
>>147170372
You'll get the special Nuka World raider PA which is just random pieces of the regular Raider PA with shitty legendary effects on them.
>>
File: ScreenShot32.jpg (921KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot32.jpg
921KB, 1680x1050px
muh daughter.

got 6 outfits for her
short back story

still much to be done.
>>
>>147170534
>people unironically put this kind of effort into LARPing in a game that isn't even fun originally

What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>147170534
>what is AA
>>
>>147170174
>I JUST WANT ANSWERS ON IF FALLOUT 4 IS EVER WORTH PLAYING OR NOT

Obviously not for casuals like you, go play solitaire.
>>
>>147170601
Not him, but I find Fo4 miles more fun then either Fo3 or NV
>>
>>147170601
>isn't even fun originally
for you
>>
>>147170727
>I'm a retard who unironically likes to eat shit

Fixed your post
>>
>>147170727
New Vegas is a significantly better RPG. Its problems entirely stem from the shit engine and bugs ruining the experience even with patches.
>>
Any reason for companions being able to die in Rockets' Red Glare?
>>
>>147170797
No, I mean in general. this is an objective viewpoint.

You subjectively find it enjoyable because you have no taste, which flies in the face of reality.
>>
>>147170201
Bring ammo, grenades and don't screw up

and Fuck DiMA
>>
And thus, I return

>>147170895
>>147170895
>>147170895
>>
>>147170819
WOW SO THERE'S A WAY TO FIX THE HEAVY NPC EXPOSITION AND ALL THE TELL DON'T SHOW? POINT ME TO THAT PATCH PLEASE
>>
>>147170819
> Its problems entirely stem from the shit engine
Na, all the problems with the god-awful reputation system, disguise system, alternate ammo types, and everything else Stem from Obsidian's known inability to design a functional game.
>>
>>147171212
>reputation system is bad
>disguises are bad
>ammo types are bad

Right lad
>>
>>147170934
ok and? I don't care what you think. You are that guy who takes a shit on floor in party. just go away.
>>
File: 1454534436182.png (45KB, 123x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454534436182.png
45KB, 123x200px
>>147171106
>404 Not Found
>>
>>147171043
>hype to meet dima and see all the sicknasty bladerunner stuff
>he's just some ultrafag pretending to be ghandi going on about muh gender identity and peace and love

lalalala didnt happen, just exploring muh island, there is no colony of synths here lalala
>>
>>147171283
>I'm going to eat this shit and announce it to the world! You're so mad, aren't you?

Dude, if you consider playing FO4 a party, your life must be a rollercoaster of amazing times with such lowered standa
>>
>>147171212
>reputation system
Literally nothing wrong with it.

>disguise
Underutilized, but it still gave you more freedom.

>alternate ammo types
>bad
What the fuck?
>>
>>147171275
I never said the ideas were bad, only that they were TERRIBLY implemented
>>
>>147171153
>Show don't tell in an RPG

One of the defining characteristics of any good RPG is the interactions between the player and non-player characters. NPCs are the lifeblood of any good location that is to be treated as a general hub.

You know why Winterhold is shit in Skyrim? Because excluding the College it has literally nothing worth mentioning. No fun interactions or NPCs to meet.
>>
>>147171421
No they weren't, you're just a retard.
>>
>>147171418
>>147171275
I love this meme that anything you say was done poorly means you think the fundamental ideas are bad.

Its the worst form of straw man because of how utterly blatant it is.
>>
>>147171558
Tell me how Fallout 3 vanilla or fallout 4 compared to those "poorly" implemented gameplay features again :^)

I'm a fallout 1 oldie but I can even see you retards flailing to excuse FO4's complete degregation by bethesda.
>>
>>147171212
>Ammo choice is bad

Personally, I would have loved if even only shotguns had differing ammo types

I want my coinshot, I want my slugs
>>
>>147171527
Yes they were

Faction rep
>Kill three guys in the middle of the wasteland
>No one around to see you do it
>No one left alive to report it
>INSTANT VILIFICATION!

>Disable the nukes at the end of Lonesome Road
>Again, no one around to see you do it or report it
>Instant + rep from the Followers and BoS

If you don't see the obvious problems with this, then you area blind fanboy.
>>
>>147171736
>he unironically thin ks his claim that "bad" gameplay features are somehow worse than completely stripping features out

Hahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaah you seriously are arguing this, bethdrone?

You're a disingenuous faggot and a retard
>>
>>147171465
>You know why Winterhold is shit in Skyrim? Because excluding the College it has literally nothing worth mentioning. No fun interactions or NPCs to meet.

This is incredibly stupid because that's exactly how it's supposed to be. 1 of the residents literally spends all day getting drunk off his ass because there's literally worth anything there. You're sold a fucking dragonclaw, a key to a large pile of treasure, for 50 gold because the merchant needs the money that badly.
>>
>>147171661
Easy

Fallout 3/4
>Kill someone in the middle of the wasteland, no one around to see you do it, no one knows you did it.

>Put on non face covering armor in front of an NPC, they don't forget who you are or if you are hostile or not hostile to them.

NV
>Kill some guy in the middle of the wasteland, no one around to see you do it, instant - rep from whatever faction he is part of because every NPC is psychic

>Put on non face covering armor of the Legion right in front of NCR soldiers despite being idolized by their faction, everyone forget who you are are shoots to kill.

Its hilarious how Bethesda managed to make a game that works more realistically without those gameplay mechanic then a game that does.
>>
>>147171970
>Implying a functional but simple game isn't better then one that tries to be complex but fails in every aspect.
Quality comes before quantity.

You can have as many mechanics in a game as you want, if they dont work, the game will never be better then a game with less that does.
>>
>>147171970
>You're a disingenuous faggot and a retard

And you're only trolling, drink bleach.
>>
>>147172075
Kill yourself lad.

>>147172198
>quality before quantity

Right dude. You're a faggot and should kill yourself so you stop ruining the hobby I've cared about longer than you've been shitting yourself in your parent's basement.

>>147172317
No, I'm helping you understand your opinion has no worth to people who actually know what ) an RPG is b) what a Fallout game is supposed to be.
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15842/?

This looks fucking terrible
>>
>>147172406
>an RPG is
An RPG, by definition, is merely a game in which you play a role within a set of rules, and make choices and decision about your character within those set of rules.

>what a Fallout game is supposed to be.
The only people who can determine what a Fallout game is meant to be are the people who made the series, and both Tim Cain and Chris A have both voiced positive things about Bethesda's Fallout getting the series right
>>
>>147172035
does the lore also explain why the capital city has 12 houses?
>>
>>147172584
Kill

Yourself

Lad
>>
>>147172469
>looks

sounds pretty awful too, listen to the VA
>>
>>147172469
>hmm, how can i make my lazy mod more appealing?
>I know, I'll throw in all my other lazy mods as well, a package deal!

Also oatmeal cookies are 10/10, Darren needs to throw his fat ass off the nearest bridge.
>>
>>147172742
Not him, but this is a retarded question to aks because Bethesda games have always used massive scale downs.
>>
>>147172469
>le so wacky!!!1 quest mod

Yes it does.
>>
>>147172469
>all those posts and comments sucking his dick
Why?
>>
>>147172750
The obsidiot from NMA and RPGCodex went kaput!
>>
>>147172750
And you kill yourself for deleting this tbqh

>>147172907
>I'll cry to the hotpockets once I'm BTFO

:^)
>>
>>147172868
but Morrowind's capital was significantly larger and that game was released in 2002
>>
>>147172995
It was also super heavily copy and pasted, with most of the cantons following the exact same design with some slight variation
>>
>>147172742
Scaling. It's impractical, if not impossible, to build a believably large city if you have any interest in making a game that is largely about stuff that doesn't happen there.
>>
File: ticktockcity.jpg (769KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ticktockcity.jpg
769KB, 1600x900px
>>147173173
Possible yes, but even with a team city building takes a fuckload of time
>>
>>147173173
>we're too stupid to come up with ways to depict big towns because our programmers are all interns

Fixed your post.
>>
>>147172995
And
A. The size of vivec was one of THE most singularly complained about parts of the game, with its being near universally hated and despised because no one wanted to walk through it. Even the smaller Imperial city from Oblivion got massive hate for its needless size, even though it had fast travel markers to every part of the city

B. Morrowind NPCs had no actual scripted AI schedules, they just stood in one place, or walked back and fort in a line over and over. Newer game's NPCs do have scripted AI schedules, which takes up many times more processing power then a Morrowind NPC did.

C. And the biggest one of all, Morrowind lacked actual physics for its items, everything was just placed in one spot, and ou could only pick it up, or drop it right where you were. Diamond City's exterior space as literally thousands of physics enabled objects laying around, which in turn costs much more processing power.

Its like comparing GTA to Elder Scrolls/Fallout, GTA cities are so big because the entire game world is nothing but static objects that cant be interacted with, and NPCs with no AI or schedules beyond walking around the block over and over.

It just boggles my mind how people can be this fucking ignorant of how games work
>>
>>147173439
>The size of vivec was one of THE most singularly complained about parts of the game, with its being near universally hated and despised because no one wanted to walk through it. Even the smaller Imperial city from Oblivion got massive hate for its needless size, even though it had fast travel markers to every part of the city

Hi Todd. What are you doing here, don't you have mods to repurpose as DLC?
>>
>>147173439
yeah but bigger is better so whatever. i'd rather have a diamond city split into a few loading screens with a few tens more npcs, give it an "actual city" feel rather than "a couple shacks in the middle of a green" feel
>>
>>147172035
>This is incredibly stupid because that's exactly how it's supposed to be

Dude there is literally nothing besides like four houses. There is no indication that Winterhold was ever as big or as important as stated by the residents. Bethesda did a shoddy job portraying a large city lost to the sea. There's no rubble at the bottom of the cliff, no way to help rebuild, fucking nothing.
>>
>>147173173
Witcher 3
>>
>>147173589
>yeah but bigger is better so whatever. i'd rather have a diamond city split into a few loading screens with a few tens more npcs, give it an "actual city" feel rather than "a couple shacks in the middle of a green" feel
You might, but given how much people railed against New Vegas for doing that tyr to to make the Strip bigger, and how much people hated the Imperial city for doing it to make it bigger, you are not the majority.

I, personally, would rather have smaller towns that let me get a feel of the local culture, but that I can easily go into to, find what I need to find, and then leave so I can actually play the game, then spend 20 minutes walking/driving from one objective to the other ala GTA because they padded out the city with nothing but blank space.
>>
File: 1450357576574.png (84KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1450357576574.png
84KB, 240x228px
>>147173589
>hear about the upperclass stands district in DC
>oh that sounds cool, I'll check it out
>it's just 2 shacks and a bar
>>
File: 1436024154183.jpg (162KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
1436024154183.jpg
162KB, 1024x705px
Who /dozensofsettlementhalfbuilt/ here?
>>
>>147173718
See
>>147173439
>Its like comparing GTA to Elder Scrolls/Fallout, GTA cities are so big because the entire game world is nothing but static objects that cant be interacted with, and NPCs with no AI or schedules beyond walking around the block over and over.

Replace GTA with Witcher 3, it does the same shit in its large city as GTA does.

nd I recall quite a few comments from people on the Witcher forums complaining about it being overly large, not being able to interact with 90 of the shit in the city, and the same complaints games like Morrowind and GTa have.
>>
File: sotha sil.jpg (268KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
sotha sil.jpg
268KB, 1600x900px
>>147173718
Most of Witcher 3's houses couldn't be entered.
Like I said, it's a serious bitch to build big cities.
>>
>>147172075
Fallout 3: Its me, 3dog!! I know your father, and he told me you were straight out of the vault, so, before I tell you literally one sentence, I need you to go and kill 40 supermutants in the middle of DC, which so happens to be infested in supermutants! Dont worry, you are the main character!!

It's me, your father, you won't understand how this purification can work, go clean the drainage pipes retard. I know you have 10 intelligence, or the equivalent of like a 300 IQ, go go! Shoo!

Welp, the enclave are the evil bad guy, because they killed your dad, please go sacrifice yourself even though your companion is immune to radiation, we need an ending to this game after all!

Fallout 4: We added a voiced protag and default camera angles during speech, what, did you want to rp as someone who isn't a white male/female who cares about their kid? What are you, a nerd?

Fallout 3 and 4 rely on the gimmick of a family member in peril, Dad in F3 and Shaun in F4. They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care. In a rpg, the character needs to be open, so the player can form a canon for whatever character they want to rp. This is of course different for some games where you play a specific character, such as the Witcher. A voiced protag and camera angles in F4 are horrible for rp, personally, I like to do my second or third run through the game as a roided up nigger, who takes drugs and kills most everyone. This is not possible when the game has chosen a white male voiced protag who the game decides cares about his kid and gives you no options other than say, killing Kellog. During that interaction, every option is getting mad and yelling, it is an on rails game, which is great for an action game, not a RPG. In new vegas, you confront Benny and you are presented the option of joining him, New Vegas shows it is a RPG, unlike F3 or 4, which is the problem, not the gameplay issue of clothing.
>>
Why exactly did the Children of Atom become so violent?
>>
>>147174159
>why did a bunch of pissant tribals become so violent
>>
>>147173305
Bethesda fucking knows how to make large cities. Hell anyone with a copy of gta could probably make a large city just by seeing how R* did it.

The problem is that with Bethesda's level of detail, and their games having their focus way the fuck outside of cities, it's not worth the time to both making cities more than what they are. You can't have all the clutter that reacts to physics and individual and persistent npcs with schedules and a story and a house you can enter and see their tastes in literature and rummage through their drawers. Not without expending more resources in making the game and upping the minimum to running the game
>>
File: 377160_20160628183655_1.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160628183655_1.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>147173861
Me. I'm trying to fortify longfellow's cabin, but I'm not sure where to go from here.
>>
>>147174108
>Fallout 3 and 4 rely on the gimmick of a family member in peril,
So did Fallout 1, 2, and other classic RPGs like Baldur's Gate, and at least one of the NWN1 expansions.

>They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care.
Funny, because I cared, and in the MANY other RPGs I know of with the family member in peril plot, I recall most people caring about them despite only knowing them for all of 10 minutes.

>This is not possible when the game has chosen a white male
The only think making Nate a white male if your choice of skin color
>INB4 the many times debunked BUT HIS ACCENT! argument

>In new vegas, you confront Benny and you are presented the option of joining him
Which makes literally zero sense given your background with him, making it ltierally an option for the sake of options without any thought into if it makes sense of not, destroying the beliveability of your character and that option and ruining the whole point of giving an option in the first place.
>>
>>147174159
failure of leadership
>>
>>147174284
But all they were in 3 were these cultists who hung around in Megatron, I don't see why they became a cross-east coast semi-military power.
>>
>>147173887
>>147174287

>games can't make big cities, that's impossible to do with detail if you're making an open world
>mentions open world games with big cities
>WELL THOSE ARE TOO BIG AND FALLOUT 4 ACTUALLY DOES IT RIGHT

hahahahahahaha you're a shill, confirmed
>>
>>147174489
>Megatron
why did i lol?
>>
>>147174108
>They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care.
Fucking what?

by that logic no one could ever feel any emotion for any character in a movie, book, or TV show, or feel any emotion for a character losing their family in a movie book or TV show, because those people aren't real and aren't related to you.

And yet that shit fucking gets millions tearing up IRL.

That is one of the singularly most retarded comments I have ever seen someone make on /FOG/
>>
>>147174545
But that's true. Both of those games have big cities that are more or less just used as a landscape. You can't enter every single building, you can't enter most buildings
>>
>>147169874
face where?
>>
>>147174784
Like Fallout 4 where Concord is just a setpiece with like 4 buildings you can enter
>>
>>147175176
Concord isn't an inhabited town, what a fucking terrible false comparison.
>>
>>147175176
4 buildings with load doors, but at almost a third of the remaining buildings you could still walk into. It's the sacrifice bethesda had to make in order to get the scale of the world feeling large enough. It's the same technique R* uses, though Bethesda has a better ratio of buildings that are more than glorified backdrop.
>>
>>147174431
>fallout 1 and 2 also did

Fallout A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: Vault 13's water chip broke, you need to find a new one.

Note: Character backround is very open, arguably tied to vault you do not care about, though that is a fucking stretch.

Fallout 2 A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: We have no water, find a GECK.

Did you play these games?

>Funny, because I cared, and in the MANY other RPGs I know of with the family member in peril plot, I recall most people caring about them despite only knowing them for all of 10 minutes.

Well you are playing someone else's character, not your own, that is the point. Fallout is a game where you make your own character, you care about what you care about, not what the game shoves down your throat.

>The only think making Nate a white male if your choice of skin color

We missed the point again, didn't we. If the character I want to play is a 2 INT retard who uses drugs constantly, then we get to hear him talking like a sophisticated human, that breaks the immersion.

>Which makes literally zero sense given your background with him

So it would be better if you had no options, if, it was just a cutscene with no ability to choose what your character says? Ok toddy, I'll buy your next dlc.

Seriously though, you miss the point again, you don't know what someone wants to rp as, you need to give them the option, my first time through New Vegas I chose to help Benny.
>>
>>147174585
>by that logic no one could ever feel any emotion for any character in a movie, book, or TV show, or feel any emotion for a character losing their family
>what is the difference from a role playing game and a narrative?

I don't care about people because the game tells me to, that is what happens in F3 and F4.

>durr ur a retard!!!!!1
>>
>>147175385
>It's the same technique R* uses
R* makes massive game worlds
FO4 is 10min jaunt from one side to the other

>>147175289
Oh, so you mean the shanty settlements with 1-4 buildings. Okay.
>>
>>147175568
I don't think you know what the word technique means.
>>
>>147175773
kill yourself
>>
>>147175773
Yes, I do. And I said R* actually has the massive game world to back up its use. Not a a small world that takes you 10min to go across.

But of course you're just going to say but muh physics
>>
>>147174373
At this point, you just need a shit ton of AA.
>>
>>147175392
>Did you play these games?
Did you?

Fallout 2 fucking PLAYS the god damn family card, what with your mother, aunt, and cousin all being in danger of dying due to a lack of water
>>
THE ENCLAVE GOT THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR
>>
>>147175542
>I don't care about people because the game tells me to, that is what happens in F3 and F4.
I didn't care about them because the game tells me too, I cared because i'm not an apathetic asshole who can't relate to others and can feel bad for people who have to go through an experience I know I would feel bad had it happened to me.

And people wonder why mass shootings are so common with such people like you in the world
>>
>>147175965
You could've fooled me. The technique is "make a building that is basically a backdrop you can't do shit with in order to make the game world seem bigger". R* uses it heavily in their GTA games and Bethesda has been using it in Fallout. R* and Bethesda work on completely different levels of scale and also different levels of detail.
>>
File: laughing securitrons.png (806KB, 961x541px) Image search: [Google]
laughing securitrons.png
806KB, 961x541px
>protectrons
>follows orders without question
>built-in weapons
>standard reliable lasers, can fire both of them at the same time too
>feels no fear, mercy or remorse
>can have limbs blown off and still keep truckin
>variety of sweet paintjobs

>coursers
>can be talked down ie chase
>weapons can be shot out of their hand, stolen etc
>piddly blue flashlights
>can feel fear (x6-88 is afraid of flying) mercy and remorse (chase)
>are basically humans so loss of limb=loss of blood+pain=death
>all of them wear dumb leather trench coats
Why is the institute so bad
>>
>>147176631
So that it's even easier to hate them.
>>
>>147176035
I don't want to imagine getting invaded by flying anglers, gulpers, wolves, yao guai, and fog crawlers.
>>
File: F4 sucks.png (226KB, 1622x549px) Image search: [Google]
F4 sucks.png
226KB, 1622x549px
>>147176631
B_______
>>
Trying to max happiness the Slog, do ghouls count as human for the purpose of happiness values? Or are they maxed at 50 like robots on Graygarden are
>>
File: failed F.E.V experiment.jpg (36KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
failed F.E.V experiment.jpg
36KB, 600x300px
who cares about realism in a rpg w/e ghouls and talking super mutants
>>
>>147176786
anti aliasing
>>
>>147176631
they just needed an enemy for the brotherhood of steel to kill

they didnt really care about giving them more depth than "they r bad okay?!!!1!"

they also made them the stupidest faction, which is ironic because they are meant to be geniuses
>>
>>147176803
Obsidiot logic at its finest
>>
File: 1447573201962.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447573201962.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
So we all agree that:
nuka cola = plebs
sunset sarsaparrilla = normal people
vim = patrician
>>
>>147177428
He asked why the institute is shit
>>
>>147177449
nope

nuka cola = normal people

sunset sarsaparilla = weird motherfuckers who live in the god damn desert

vim = hipsters
>>
Thoughts ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nenXX9wQRY
>>
>>147177709
*hipsters unless you are from far harbor
>>
>>147169874

BEST DOA
>>
Any good psychic powers mod yet? I want to play a telekinetic guy flinging bandits around.
>>
File: disgust1.jpg (81KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
disgust1.jpg
81KB, 259x383px
>>147169723
I hate how every swingin dick npc thinks mirelurks are a joke

that asshole at the dugout inn for example

youd get your shit pushed in by a mirelurk of any variety so keep your fucking mouth shut
>>
>>147178215
Mirelurks are piss easy if you've got mines or skill with bouncing grenades under them.
>>
File: Tops.jpg (211KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tops.jpg
211KB, 1024x768px
>>147178215

A MIRHLRRKHKK?! Come on man that's like 1 out of 10 TOPS
>>
>>147178304
doesnt sound like something an average asshole would do
>>
>>147178215
Basic Mirelurks ARE shit though
>>
>>147178370
I hear him saying that everytime I read word "Mirelurk"
>>
File: 1466604819605.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1466604819605.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
just realize that I cheated on using legendary modification
can't go back now
hold me
>>
When the fuck will weapon mods come out? Are we just fucked because nobody cares to mod bethesda games anyone since they've hidden it all behind proprietary software?
>>
>>147178850
There are at least 100 weapon mods on nexus
>>
File: dolan2.jpg (39KB, 622x245px) Image search: [Google]
dolan2.jpg
39KB, 622x245px
>>147178215
>tfw blowing up mirelurk shells with explosive weapons
>>
>>147178951
And they're all fucking trash carbon copies of vanilla weapons "pipe weapon overhaul" shit, and "le complexity is here because we'rve changed the upgrade names" trash. Where's the plasma rifles? The chainsaws? Super sledge? Bethesda serious dropped the ball on this game. There's literally no fucking content.
>>
>>147179242
8/10 if bait
>>
>>147179242

>Where's the plasma rifles?

FO4 has one

>The chainsaw?

FO4 has two

>Super sledge?

FO4 has one

lmao try harder
>>
>>147172469
>https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/4qsync/mod_rel_tinas_cookiepocolypse_quest_30_combined/
top kek
>>
I just got to the institute
>post ending with 5 chooses whether or not I kill father on site
>>
>>147178710
>Bethesda has accepted they've just make waifu simulators now
>Spent most of Fallout 4's development time creating tools for building doll houses for your waifus
>Now adding assets for lewd mods

I wonder if Todd cries himself to sleep at night on his king-size bed made of $100 bills at what his company has become.
>>
>>147179242
There's a lot of good grenade mods.
>>
>>147179520
>he has to put all his mods together just to get people to download it
>>
File: 134a9h.gif (3MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
134a9h.gif
3MB, 360x270px
>>147179520
>Darren thread, full of balllickers
>>
>>147179520
>even reddit hates him and downvotes him
>>
>>147179795
>>147179678
>>147179520

you guys sure are tsundere for him
>>
>>147179795
He was actually banned from the main modding subreddit

And best of all is that this is his mod contest entry, and it's pretty much trashed on Bethesda.net, so he's got no chance
>>
File: every day.jpg (447KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
every day.jpg
447KB, 612x816px
>>147179520
>still jealous of Bethesda and salty that they didn't bring back paid mods
>>
>>147172469
>He actually thinks he's on the same level as Trainwiz
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mlEwVnGXTU

Nate's voice actor seems like a cool guy
>>
>>147179962
Ok darren
>>
>>147176803
This pic is funny just because of how wrong it is

1. Airborne FEV doesn't exist, its been explicitly stated by Tim Cain, and agreed upon by Chris A and Bethesda that radiation is the sole cause of general mutation in the wastes.

2. Big MT's teleportion requires a rather large satellite, and the transportalponder to work. The Institutes teleportation requires a very small room, and a courser chip smaller then the transportalponder to work.

3. Curie developed a cure for all known diseases, but The Institute never TRIED to do it because they are robotics people, not biology people. Saying Curie outsmarted them is like saying a rocket scientist outdid a geneticist when they were working on two entirely different projects

4. The Shi did things to improve the land they lived on, The Institute doesn't live in the irradiated world, and thus has no need for those things. Its a total false comparison.

5. It didn't take the Institute 210 years to make a cure for FEV, hell, they only had FEV for 100 years, and only Virgil ever worked on making a cure

6. As stated in Fallout 1/2, the only AI invented before the war commuted suicide as it overthought itself. The Institute is actually the first group to develop stable working AI

Everything stated in this pic is so wrong its hilarious
>>
File: vaultthumbsup.jpg (35KB, 728x498px) Image search: [Google]
vaultthumbsup.jpg
35KB, 728x498px
>>147169723
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10641417
http://www.strawpoll.me/10641417
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10641417
http://www.strawpoll.me/10641417
>>
Why did he go so far downhill so fast? His elevator and moving bridge mods seemed pretty cool. If darren had just kept a low profile no one would think he's such a shitter
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15856/?
>>
File: 4740074-8212696575-Q2SJg.gif (488KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
4740074-8212696575-Q2SJg.gif
488KB, 640x360px
>>147180045
>>
>>147180290
>How would you prevent gun violence
Shit poll. Kill yourself.
>>
>>147180421
anonymous that wouldnt be fallout related (:
>>
>>147179579
do it
>>
>>147180183
>4. The Shi did things to improve the land they lived on, The Institute doesn't live in the irradiated world, and thus has no need for those things. Its a total false comparison.
And yet they're doing them anyway with plans to kill the family afterward
>>
>>147180421
Not poll-anon, but that's the website foisting polls on people.
>>
>>147180302
You mean his mods that were just something literally anyone could do?
Darren was like this even since Skyrim's time. His actual original content is complete and total shit. Never forget the giant billboard saying "DEDICATED TO THE US ARMY" in one of his quest mods
>>
>>147180421
>>147180290

fucking /pol/ still leaking here on /vg/
>>
File: 1466810907254.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466810907254.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>147179579
>>147180515
>>
Easiest (You)s of my life.
>>
>>147180075
Trainwiz actually has experience making and coding games, Darren's a fat guy who lives in an echo chamber
>>
>>147180176
>I just set dog meat on fire for crying out loud!
>>
>>147180519
>with plans to kill the family afterward
Except as we can see if you complete the project, they do no such thing
>>
File: 20160701180929_1.jpg (201KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160701180929_1.jpg
201KB, 1360x768px
>>147120325
And now with a little more detailing.

Too far? Not enough?

I'm still learning this as I go, so I'm just trying to produce something not shit.
>>
>>147180176
Didn't he offer to do voice acting for mods?
>>
File: 377160_20160701111104_1.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160701111104_1.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>147177353
Increasing image quality doesn't help with defenses.
>>
>>147179520
so we should love him right?
>>
>>147180774
Better, but you need piping or some sort of rods holding up those subway lights
Some soulless motivational posters wouldn't be out of place either
>>
>>147180774
needs floor clutter/garbage
>>
>>147180515
Ok
>>
>>147180843
True but it makes your screenshots not look cancerous aids.
>>
>>147180925
Can you put your train in me and take a wiz?
>>
File: weapon variant complainers BTFO.png (101KB, 643x401px) Image search: [Google]
weapon variant complainers BTFO.png
101KB, 643x401px
>tfw you realize you're just entitled for daring to think bethesda would add features
>>
File: 20160701182031_1.jpg (160KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160701182031_1.jpg
160KB, 1360x768px
>>147180925
They're meant to be wall-mounted. Any suggestions for something that might be a bit more suitable off the top of your head? I'm only really using them right now because they *looked* to be the best option at the time.

>>147180945
Trying to avoid overdoing it, plus it's hard to justify where all the scrap would be from - the place is meant to have been almost entirely untouched. I'll see if I can't at least stain it up and make it look a bit more water-damaged or something to that effect.
>>
>>147181414
>They're meant to be wall-mounted.
Right, but put small piping or evidence of bolting behind them.
>>
Wow, I didn't expect so many people to hate fallout in a fallout general.
>>
Don't forget to clean your mods anon.
>>
File: 377160_20160630141345_1.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160630141345_1.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>147181614
what ps1 game is this?
>>
>>147181614
Just fucking cut my eyes out already fampai
>>
File: 1110664201994.jpg (84KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1110664201994.jpg
84KB, 449x642px
>>147181675
>>147181738
I'm playing on a laptop
>>
>>147181771
>playing fallout 4 unironically
>>
>>147181391
this is why I love Bethesdrones.
No one loves eating shit as much as them
>>
>>147181391
i hate this train of thought. fucking disgusting.
>>
>>147181942
Fallout 5 will have 1 gun and you can mod it to be a sword or a plasma flamer or whatever you want it'll be awesome
>>
>>147181391
>have over 400 hours in NV
>almost never used .45-70 or All-Murrican
Now what?
>>
>>147182059

that would be much better
>>
>>147182137
I found the All-American once
The texture was bugged so I threw it in a safe and used the SMMG to tear through legion ass like their boyfriends did on their first night
>>
Was there a patch to reduce Minutemen quests or something? I have none active right now and I've had Radio Freedom on for like 10 hours and haven't gotten any.
>>
>>147182059
so if you mod the gun into a sword its not a gun anymore. or will it be a sworded gun
>>
>>147182059
That would actually be a relatively neat concept, for an indie game with around 8 hours of playtime.

Switching out modules as and when they're relevant could make some interesting gameplay, but I doubt Bethesda could pull it off in a way that it was still fun or relevant after 10-20 hours of gameplay, let alone 100 or more.
>>
>>147182369
Yes.
>>
>>147182137
I also never used the AA or the .45-70 either simply because really love shotguns and bolt actions. Magnum shells and slugs for close-medium range pump fun and bolt actions for long distance love taps. Which is why i'm so terribly disappointed with FO4 fucking up hard when it comes to either firearm type.
>>
File: 9528-6-1454754950.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
9528-6-1454754950.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
>>147182386

A gun is still a gun, even if you can't fire it
>>
File: 1465705040377.gif (2MB, 190x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465705040377.gif
2MB, 190x300px
>>147183000
>no 12.7mm SMG, Laser RCW, or Hunting Shotgun in Fallout 4
>>
>>147183281

>12.7mm

What the fuck is this meme ammunition?
>>
>>147182059
>Fallout 5 will have 1 gun and you can mod it to be a sword or a plasma flamer or whatever you want it'll be awesome

Fallout 5 will have no guns, only rocks, pointy sticks and hand weapons.
You will awake in the wasteland naked and have no memories, you will spend your time making shelters, crude clothes, and eating raw meat, insects and berries.
You can join the Wild Dogs, the Groundhog, or the Grass Grazers factions.

You will discover fire and be cast out of all the factions. Eventually you will meet other humans and be enslaved and castrated.
You will die.
>>
>>147183000
>Magnum shells and slugs for close-medium range pump fun
I like your style, friend.
>>
>>147183582
It's basically .50AE under a different name.
>>
File: NewVegasGuide.jpg (1MB, 1920x1642px) Image search: [Google]
NewVegasGuide.jpg
1MB, 1920x1642px
I made a modding/starter guide for New Vegas.

Opinions? Suggestions?
>>
>>147183281
>no ammo types
>no pump action
>bolt actions fucked up beyond belief
>no consequences that match your characters level of importance
>no perks affecting your dialogue choices
>really interesting locations where nothing actually happens

It feels like Bethesda had this list of shit i like in RPGs and sat around a table with all their lead designers and then Todd said "You see this shit? I want none of it in the game. Your fucking job depends on it!"
My only hope is that in a year or two modders will actually manage to salvage at least some of this shit show.
>>
>>147183820
>New Vegas
Trash
>>
File: 20160701015427_1.jpg (168KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160701015427_1.jpg
168KB, 1600x900px
How fun is the new ghoul storm in True Storms?
>>
>>147183939
>>
so synth armor is the best armor?

But why? It looks fucking dumb. I mean...there is no protection from your bellybutton to your balls.
>>
>>147183820
>no mention of DarN UI
Trash.
>>
>>147169723
what are the damage multipliers in survival mode for the character?

1.5?
>>
File: 1463725389792.gif (471KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463725389792.gif
471KB, 300x300px
>>147184039
when I read ghoul storm, I imagine ghouls teleporting into the world through lightning strikes.
>>
>>147180183
>6. As stated in Fallout 1/2, the only AI invented before the war commuted suicide as it overthought itself. The Institute is actually the first group to develop stable working AI
What is Skynet
What is ZAX
>>
>>147184175
marine is best with far harbor
heavy as shit though
>>
>>147184296
That's totally possible
>>
>>147183820
its nice for a starters guide and idk since im not a long time new vegas modder but should project nevada be there? and maybe fco and readius and weapon wheel. thats some stuff i'd add. im really plebian when it comes to nv modding but i love the game so much.
>>
>>147184325
holy fuck how about I just use power armor instead?

Seriously.

Looks cool though.
>>
Thinking of doing a new hardcore run. What should my ss be?
>>
>>147180183
>6. As stated in Fallout 1/2, the only AI invented before the war commuted suicide as it overthought itself. The Institute is actually the first group to develop stable working AI

Wrong. When you speak to ZAX, it indicates that a large of AI did indeed become suicidal, but enough did survive for the program to be worthwhile.
>>
>>147185034
Human
>>
>Always loved playing a retarded bloodthirsty character with superhuman strength
>Fallout 4 does not let me roleplay a retarded character because the character talks

People paid for this?
>>
>>147185071
Wow such helpful
>>
>>147185034
A math teacher.

No chems.
Only pistols.
High science and robotics focus.
>>
File: noice.png (154KB, 1044x792px) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
154KB, 1044x792px
>tfw NMM reminds you that you have games you forgot you had installed installed

>tfw you don't have to redownload your favorite games you thought you didn't still have installed

all I wanted to do was make fallout 4 worth playing but now I'm tempted to play something else
>>
>>147184712
Project Nevada is pretty pleb tier. It's like the STALKER Complete of New Vegas.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkJn5N77jM
>contraptions will never be this
>>
File: 20160701145949_1.jpg (257KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160701145949_1.jpg
257KB, 1600x900px
I guess it's back to Vivid Weather
>>
>>147185384
What is the MISERY of fallout modding?
>>
>>147173861
My settlements consist entirely of a small shack with 20 sleeping bags inside.
Apart from Croup Manor.
That's an easy place to get looking alright.
>>
Does it matter what type of bed you build for your settlers?
>>
>>147162925
>its not the same design
the original had 4 eye stalks and 4 limbs
the one in repconn had 4 eye stalks and 4 limbs

the only change made from 1/2-3 was the removal of a limb from each part and a much smaller thruster portion
>>
>>147185116
Fallout 4 doesn't let you play anything but a concerned, bereaved parent who is to retarded to realize shaUn might be anything buy a wee baby. As least in NV you could ignore Benny from the beginning and go try to make a new life.
>>
>>147185546
No.
>>
>>147185190
Molotovs? To sciencey?
>>
what is a good armor that is effective but doesnt' clip though everything? the marine armor cips like a motherfucker.
>>
>>147185449
nothing is as bad as MISERY
>>
>>147185785
>how to have no clipping armor in fo4
step 1:
uninstall.exe
>>
just wondering, do you guys ever play some kind of fallout tabletop?
>>
>>147185785
My old stand-by is ballistic-mesh army fatigues with some sturdy combat armor over them.

Looks not-shit and has crazy defensive values.

If only we could put balistic mesh on a marine wetsuit or a power armor plug suit.
>>
>>147185961
Wait, todd is even jewing people with figurines and tabletop shit game workshop style?
>>
>>147185738
Far too unsafe. You might burn yourself or something. Besides, do you really think a pencilneck is going to be able to actually throw a molotov far enough for it to be useful? A math teacher would prefer a far safer plasma grenade.
>>
>>147169723
>>147169985
it has to do with your potty mouth would be my guess. not requesting change merely interpreting.
>>
>>147186086
the only two tabletop i have in mind are a fan-game (so free) and a cancelled/unbranded official thing (the original probably got leaked at some point)
>>
>>147186086

You know that Josh "Salty" Sawyer made a Fallout pnp game, right?
>>
>>147185384
what would you suggest anon. im open to suggestions, but ill probably not use it for awhile. i dont want to start over.
>>147185961
i have some friends who've played fallout equestria and swear by it that its the best depiction of fallout in tabletop form.
>>
File: 2006.png (529KB, 643x361px) Image search: [Google]
2006.png
529KB, 643x361px
>>147183820
>is this game playable without mods
no, it needs several fan patches and utilities to run for more than 30 minutes but they're easy to get going
>no darnUI
>recommending NV uncut
>recommending CCO
>recommending oHUD
>DUST outside of extras
shit tier mod recommendations

also
>Fallout New Vegas and Mod Organizer
oh shit nigger what are you doing?

>>147185961
what? like pic related?
>>
Are the moders waiting for the full release of the game (base+all DLC)? because the FO4 mod comunity is kinda dead.

I just see like 10 or 20 mods that you must have but the other is just shit to say a word.
>>
>>147186135
Energy weapons then, uh, only the manageble smaller pistols though
>>
>>147186326
>like pic related?
yes
>>
>>147186404
Big quest mods take time man
>>
>>147186539
Lazy ass
>>
>>147186404
It took like, two years for Skyrim to really hit it's stride. Be fucking patient.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-06-10 13-56-25-98.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-06-10 13-56-25-98.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
>>147186618
All big things take time, did you really think that you'd get Enderal sized quest mods within a few months of the CK coming out?
>>
>>147186714

lmao

They want stuff NOW, nevermind it takes time and modders do it on their own time
>>
>use DD castle patch
>even with the navmesh fix NPC dont go near the walls
>unistall and fix the wall myself
>Institute synth spawn inside the walls i place

And thats why this build system is shit.

I hope nuka world is good. and you can buy those dank Nuka-Protectrons.

>>147186539
>>147186623

I know mods take time. but im not talking about quest or larger mods. is just sad to see that all is Slutty vault suit and one gorrillion of variations. and retexture of PA.

the only thing good is that the Weap department allways release new stuff.
>>
>>147185384
Nothing wrong with PN, it's pretty customizable and the new items are nice. VATS is shit so BT is a nice alternative if you don't want to skip the concept completely. Its loot scarcity and cyberware plugins are pretty useful.
>>
>>147187281
its only synths that can do that

raiders/animal attacks dont unless theres no way for them to path from their spawn to inside the settlement, enjoy.
>>
>>147186404
have you actually used the GECK/CK
>it crashes a lot
>still errors when things are in the right place
>have to save every 2 clicks
its a bitch to work with and its just come out
in other words shit takes time
>>
File: Image22-585x300.jpg (29KB, 585x300px) Image search: [Google]
Image22-585x300.jpg
29KB, 585x300px
Any tips on grinding out affinity for Nick?
>>
>>147185980
Holy shit that works? God dammit.
>>
File: Fallout 4_20160625202222.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4_20160625202222.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
>>147185785
Call me a Pleb but I like BOS Officer's Uniform with BOS Combat Armor.
>>
>>147187980
Someone forcefeed that bitch a sandwich
>>
File: ScreenShot60.png (94KB, 220x236px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot60.png
94KB, 220x236px
>>147185279
>no grimrock

why not
>>
>>147187810
~
>>
File: 20160607122652_1.jpg (102KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20160607122652_1.jpg
102KB, 1280x1024px
Any news from the sicrit hug club?

>>147187638
Yes i have. using my 2 GB ram shit pc and it didnt crash like you say. maybe you are working in something more extense. im just using it to edit settlements, Weapons and NPC.

>>147187810
Railroad quest whit him.
>>
>>147188078
nothing wrong with not being fat, anon
>>
>>147188473
Your hands are 3 times the width of your arms

There's everything wrong in that
>>
>>147187980
Shame you cant use Max coat without the uniform.
>>
>>147188306
cutie~
>>
File: 1448336179252.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1448336179252.gif
3MB, 240x135px
>>147179520
>>
File: Fallout 4_20160626174051.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4_20160626174051.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
Story and opinion time

>Start new game
>Survival difficulty
>Fill everything I can with Purified Water
>Get out of the Vault
>Find all the nearby Purified Water
>Get to Sanctuary
>Deconstruct everything
>Can already build a generator and industrial water purifier
>holy_shit.wav
>Have 30+ bottles before I'm even done building my house
>Go south to that little farm to get the quest to retrieve the daughter's locket
>Get to the Raider hideout
>Get OTG'd a few times but eventually clear the perimeter
>The hidden hide along the way and the mattress outside are welcome reliefs
>Get inside
>The guard dog and the minigun cunt both OHKO me, but the other Raiders aren't too bad
>Nick a bunch of shit and walk back to Sanctuary and unload
>On one hand it's super annoying, on the other it's kind of fun to steal a bunch of shit while the tenants are home and sneak away
>Come back for round two (more like 35)
>Either get killed by the guard dog or minigun
>Easily 100 tries are more
>Finally just snipe the dog and go rest outside
>Come back and eventually get the locket
>Just able to create a recruitment beacon back at Sanc
>Recruit one guy, start him on Tato farming
>Return locket
>Three more tato farmers, at least once I get a second settler for a supply line
>Total progress: two settlements (four settlers), one quest, level 4 or 5
>Total play time: ~ten hours

Well, it's not as bad as I thought, at least while knowing where to get shit. Still though, what a way to extend playtime way beyond necessity.
All in all, pretty fun though.
>>
>>147187837
>ballistic weave 5 on hat and clothing
>220 ballistic and energy resist.
>stacks with all armor
Bethesda pls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mlEwVnGXTU
>>
>>147188457
UM WHAT IS THAT THING BEHIND THAT GRAYPERSON
this can't be FO4
>>
>>147189821
cringe
>>
>>147189392
There are a couple doses of jet right outside of that dungeon and a few doses in the dungeon itself. Use them to kill the minigunner and his posse.

Also how the fuck are you getting 1shot by the dog? Did you have no armor at all and fuckall end?
>>
>>147190050
Man I ain't no filthy druggie.

Yeah I have 3 End and was wearing Road Leathers with a leather pauldron.
>>
>>147189821
>old man overreacts to VR

this isn't news
>>
>>147190449
It's always fun to watch, especially in person
>>
>>147189821
>an actor overacts.

nice b8.
>>
>>147187810
Anything that helps anyone
Anything justice related
>basically exactly what you'd expect if you were paying atten ton
>>
>>147169723
do companions use damage resist/energy resist the same way players do?
>>
File: ddowns.png (7KB, 895x65px) Image search: [Google]
ddowns.png
7KB, 895x65px
>>147179520
>>
>>147191254
what DLC exactly did he make and why haven't I heard anyone talk about it or one of the mod 100 reviewers mention yet
>>
>>147190843

I wasn't looking for what in general works, I could read the wiki for that. I was looking for grinding tips.

You would know this if you had an ounce of reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1465092265075.jpg (51KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465092265075.jpg
51KB, 457x480px
>>147191254
>productions in username

just fuck my shit

anyone remember what that RvB type video was with some dudes and a deathclaw? guys steps on mines and takes a shitload of jet or something/are there more?
>>
>>147191626
do his quest
then do more quests
>>
>>147191626
>replying to him
You know he's just going to come back with even more snide nonsense, right? Probably "You can find that on the wiki too".
>>
Did I fuck up with Far Harbor?

I nuked Children and took the Synths in Arcadia back with the Institute but I just realized I need to clear the fog to use workshops. Can I do that if I keep doing quests for Far Harbor?
>>
>>147192492
SHould be able to.
>>
>>147188613
nothing wrong with bag hands, anon
>>
>>147178304
>To be fair, most NPCs we see are only carrying small arms.

>>147178215
On the otherhand, Mirelurks ARE piss easy to actually melee as long as you're in a one on one or two on one scenario since they telegraph all their attacks a mile away.
>>
>>147192492
wait.. .you can clear the fog?

i just got neutral peace. still regret not fucking atomfags for every assault piece they got
>>
>>147192585
I actually just ran into an encounter involving 3 raiders butchering two dead mirelurks, and all they had were pipe weapons.
>>
>>147192601
You can at your settlements by using fog condensers but you can't clear the whole island of the fog
>>
>>147189993
is not. is from NV and that thing is from the sicrit fuckhole stuff /fog/ kindly release.
>>
>>147193000
I think I had that shit at one point but I lost it
>>
>>147189993
Daughter of Ares
>>
>>147181614
>Strong is annoyed he has to sit still for "pick-chore" when he could be out wrestling mirelurk queens.
>ADA feels really awkward next to Sarge and Codsworth
>Sarge has no feelings one way to the other
>Codwsworth is one of the few people who get how taking a group pictures works
>Danse is camera shy and looks away
>Longfellow sees something interesting past the cameraman
>Deacon was going to try to give X-6 bunny ears
>Piper sees the same thing as Longfellow but thinks it's disgusting
>Nick also gets how group shots work
>Cait is eyeing the whiskey at the concessions counter
>Hancock is so fucking high he thinks the camera is way over there
>Preston has something different for you and plans to make it on your map
>Curie is looking at everyone dressed up like weirdos by her standards and wonder if this is that 'cosplay' she's heard about
>Macready is the only one who's excited to be there
>X-6 would rather be anywhere else but there
>>
Why can't I access the Far Harbor quest lads? I've saved Nick, I definitely have it installed, I'm level 26 and I've visited the agency. They just haven't mentioned it.
>>
>>147193247
>Danse is camera shy and looks away
Not even, he'd probably be giving the V-for-Victory salute and grinning like an idiot.
>>
>>147193620
Have you killed Kellogg?
>>
>>147193698
I'm wearing his shit and shooting people with his gun. He dead.
>>
>>147193779
Unless you haven't completed reunions I don't know
>>
Man i only wish Todd or a good moder make a damn dirt fundation.

>>147193086
Ya me too but searching the /fog/ ancient archives i was able to find something (not all) since the mega link in the pastebing (not the merged) is dead for thousand of years.but welp.
>>
>>147192842
that is exactly what im talking about

no fucking chem wasted raiders are going to be taking down 2 mirelurks with my pipe guns
>>
>>147194028
Hmmm

Maybe my install is fucked or this save hasn't registered it or something.

I'll try uninstall/reinstall of far harbour
>>
>>147193779
Wats your lv son? i think it start at lv 20. also Nick have to say to you that you need to go and see wat his secretary wants.
>>
>>147194202
I got the quest at Lvl 9 so it's not locked by level
>>
File: 1339966471374.png (12KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1339966471374.png
12KB, 390x470px
>>147184296
Good Grud!
Thanks for the chuckles!
>>
>>147188457
What game is this Titanfall mod for? It looks like NV
>>
>>147185609
Or you can have forgiveness sex with him and then have him run out on you.
>>
>>147193620
just go to the house and go to far harbor

literally all you need to do

nick is unnecessary
>>
A mod that transform you in a ghoul if you get alot of rad on you. or you become a Super mutant/behemoth if you use the Fev cure on you.

>>147194792
Is for NV
>>
>>147195106
Just go up to the NE corner of the map, you don't need to Nick to start it

The radio signal to start it through Nick doesn't show up until after Dangerous Minds iirc
>>
>institute is literally 5 metres underground

pathetic
>>
>>147193247
>Implying Sarge isn't overjoyed and honored to be posing for a picture before the flag of the Minutemen to which he is 200% loyal
>>
File: holycrackers.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
holycrackers.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>147169723
How much can companions carry on survival mode

half? a set amount?
>>
File: 377160_20160701171032_1.png (647KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160701171032_1.png
647KB, 1360x768px
>no home
>no wife
>your wife's son is missing
>your entire life has taken a turn for the worse
>not even your Mr. Handy wants to go with you to concord
>the only thing keeping you sane is the man on the radio

Does this game get any better, /fog/?
>>
>>147195883
>deleting your posts
Everyone uses an extension these days buddy, we can still see the old one.
>>
>>147195883
>not playing as Nora
>not forgetting your lame pre-war spouse and getting some freaky post-war pussy
>>
File: 1462190324450.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462190324450.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>147196050
this
>>
>>147195106
>>147195543
Thanks guys will do.
>>
>>147195779
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10713/?
>>
>>147196050
My last two playthroughs have been with Nora. Thought I'd give Nate a try.
>>
File: BravoTodd.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BravoTodd.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>Warwick Homestead is under attack
>Arrive and find this
>>
>>147196050
being a waifu-fag is soo 2015
>>
File: 1461268927774.jpg (2MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
1461268927774.jpg
2MB, 1536x2044px
>>147195883
Don't forget:
>210 years after the bombs fell and the world still looks like shit
>Toilet paper is rarer than gold now
>for whatever reason, regardless of your mechanical brilliance, you CAN'T mount a cockpit on a Sentrybot tripod and at least drive around the wastelands
>Not attatch Mr. Handy thrusters and eyebot levitation devices to an old bike frame and get a hoverbike.
>No one else has even considered doing this
>Seriously, fuck this future
>>
Im a retard but wat the fuck you do with the brahmin you catch?

They just sit there and eat air? or you can put them to use?
>>
>>147196871
They make fertilizer
>>
>>147195883
You're gonna become cynical real quick with that attitude.
>>
>tfw leaving synth shaun in the institute

AD VICTORIAM
all abortions of science must die
>>
>>147196946
Really? i was waiting to make them pack brahms or get them to the shopping block.
>>
>>147196574
I had that happen as well, even with raider brahim too, its strange as fuck because they just wander up and get gunned down by the fuck ton of turrets i have set up
>>
>>147196624
Great, what does that have to do with my post?
>>
>>147196774
Hover bikes would be pretty rad. We already have jetpacks though.
>>
>>147197263
>>147196946
can't you make Jet from that?

>>147196774
wasn't there hovercars/bikes in FO2?
>>
>>147197414
And then you sell the jet for exorbitant prices
>>
File: 1388530800716.jpg (17KB, 200x249px) Image search: [Google]
1388530800716.jpg
17KB, 200x249px
Hancock keeps doing that pose like he's holding a cigarette but there's nothing in his hand. Is there some way I can fix this?
>>
>>147195937
Yes, but only when you install NV.
>>
File: Tabitha.jpg (150KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
Tabitha.jpg
150KB, 800x572px
>>147196574
>>147197295
THE BATTLE CATTLE ARE REAL!
>>
>>147197860
is he the only one or are all the cigs in your game invisible? could be a texture issue or something

also, is there any mod that makes Hancock as cool looking as he was in the artwork instead of a generic bacon-ayylmao?
>>
>>147197941
Was Tabitha a female or a crossdressing Nightkin?
>>
>>147198136
Post the artwork
>>
>Arcade bitching about Caesar, saying Caesar's probably an egotistical enough douchebag to think of the Colorado River as his own version of the Rubicon
>Later Caesar calls the Colorado River is his Rubicon

heh
>>
>>147196574
>lighthouse is under attack
>decide to help out
>brahmin ramming one of my turrets, it gets mowed the fuck down
>that's it?
>suddenly june 6th, 1944
>beaches of normandy
>synths reenact d-day and invade
>>
>>147198231
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:FO4_John_Hancock_Art_Book.jpg
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fo4_John_Hancock.png
>>
is funny but it hurts too.

Spend hours cleanning Sanctuary (spring clean mod) just to see ppl hammer the air. and harvest while floating.

Then you build your shitty house or bar/hotel in my case and the ppl just stay in one point in the structure. never using stairs or the beds,
try to tell them to work on a store or a guard post and they just stand in other place forever.

Why todd?
>>
>>147197307
>jetpacks
>They don't let you fly, just jump 'decently'
>Shitty duration
>Shitty horizontal movement
>They can't even be adjusted to assist with your ground based running to improve the mobility of power armors
>Also have a dismal maximum altitude limit (at least from what I can tell when you cheat to have unlimited AP)

Jetpacks are a fucking scam.
>>
>>147197941
hey the nightstalkers actually foretold something in the following games
>>
>>147169723
I saw a mod yesterday that added lobster traps, fishing etc as workable benches for settlers but I can't find it now

Anyone know what i'm talking about?
>>
>>147198480
at least you can fly using clutter thanks to Superior Physics :^)
>>
>>147198480
It's really more of a jump pack.
>>
File: 1461550581698.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1461550581698.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
>>147196574
>automatic institute pistol
>>
File: 1451601629078.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451601629078.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>147198472
Because
>mods will fix it

He's "TODD Howard" not "MOD Howard".

(and this is why I was okay with automatron and the coming vault DLC, I'd rather the devs bother with being redundant to mods than say 'nah, we're not gonna do it because modders will' like with Wasteland workshop)

Anyway though, there are some mods out so you can keep your settlers more busy. Also you can assign beds I think.

>>147169723
I'm feeling a strong urge to restart my playthrough, even if I'm going to make the same damn choices. Combat is just getting to be a bit of a pain.

Any mods that cap HP growth on all characters in the game?
>>
I'm not trying to be funny or anything, and maybe I'm dumb for not understanding. But can someone explain to me what the Institute's goal was? All I remember was them repeatedly stating that they were about being "humanity's future" but I don't understand what that had to do with creating lifelike A

Like, what did they WANT? What did they gain from replacing people with Synths?
>>
>>147198472
>hammer animation
lel
you can scrap that if you find it

it shows up as scrappable

'Hammer Animation"
it doesn't give you anything but its better than some retard clipping through the wall to initiate it
>>
>>147198905
'mankind redifined.. in a hole they keep digging'
>>
>>147198905
They get control of the surface world in order to more easily conduct any experiments that require the environment of the commonwealth.
>>
File: 00000604-1323926350.jpg (143KB, 584x841px) Image search: [Google]
00000604-1323926350.jpg
143KB, 584x841px
>>147196574
So apparently Gunnerkrig Court and Fallout share a universe and apparently CIT and The Court have a history of cooperation.

Oh, shit, I just realized, Kat's already working on making synths!
>>
>>147198905
It was about remaking humanity rad-free with Synths to rebuild everything (underground tho)
>>
>>147198905
Short explanation?

It was the same logic the conduit (the ghost kid in ME3) was using but a little short. Create machines to replace humans, so this new humans can survive is the waste and reconstruct it. but in order to do that you have to kill a human and replace it. do synth reproduce? dunno.
>>
anyone has info on the PC port of FO:shetlers?
i hope it'll get cracked so that we can remove microtransactions and mod it
>>
>>147198905
who knows

it was a gigantic jumbled mess

personally I think they finished designing the institute but they sounded like too good so they just broke them down, made them a jumbled mess with a big sticker saying EVIL on them then railroad you into the brotherhood and point them in their direction and say shoot
>>
>>147199385
Wat? you think they are going to sell the game and then charge you for the launchboxes and shit?

Hope this go F2P in steam whit the charge on the lanchboxes. even so in the android ver you can edit you save to get all you want.
>>
>>147199158
Wait, really? Then why did they actively recruit scientists from the surface? Why was half of their branches focused on the creation and retrieval of Synths instead of mining equipment or cures for radiation?

>>147199378
Never played ME, sorry. But if Synths were meant to be the next version of humanity, why was the Institute so insistant that Synths were tools with no real consciousness? Wouldn't they want Synths to be people? When all of humanity died out and the Synths replaced everybody, what were they supposed to do?
>>
>>147199670
Dude what are you smoking it is F2P
>>
File: 1448663925845.jpg (131KB, 719x955px) Image search: [Google]
1448663925845.jpg
131KB, 719x955px
>>147199497
it makes some sense that the Institute is a jumbled mess.

They're shut-in, basement nerds descended from other shut-in, basement nerds and are all possibly inbred. They're highly elitist and consider everything about the outside 'hostile' and live in an echo-chamber hugbox and have spent generations patting eachother's backs claiming eachother's ideas as 'breakthroughs' and 'great advancements' and have lost sight on what the hell actually is a breakthrough in a scientific or engineering field.

in many ways, The Railroad is "Tumblr Goals" but The Institute is "The Tumblr Community"
>>
>>147198558
Is it Northland Diggers?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9710/?
>>
why didnt they just call it Fallout: Settlement Builder and actually acknowledge it's not a true fallout game but a spin-off?
>>
>>147199879
Which is why Shaun sticks you in charge. You're not the sort who is going to suffer their bullshit.
>>
>>147198136
No, it's just Hancock. Everyone else's cigs are visible.
>>
Been putting off on buying 4 since I heard it was mediocre, but its a part of the Summer Sale. Is it worth thirty bucks? How are the mods (and the modding community)?
>>
>>147199879
what? they were the minds of the time, its MIT for crying out loud

even house attended there
>>
>>147199691
Cuz Synths are not perfect yet on the eyes of Father. like that Shaun boy in the institute. he say to you that is a failure, funny thing is that Shaun is the last ver of Synths.

Thats why the go and take one random guy/girl. make it a synth and put them in the place of that person to see how it adapt. is like a field test. but the real humans allways find out who is a synth. thats why they are still beta machines.

>>147199847
>trusting the Todd
I will belive that when the game is released to PC.
>>
>>147199879
>Railroad
>Tumblr goals
The Railroad fights for free will, m80. Synths aren't at fault for what they are and don't deserve to be kept as slaves for a bunch of sci-fi autismos. If some of them become raiders or thieves, that's the price we pay for free will.
>>
>>147199963
Because they didn't ask you for your opinion before releasing the game.
>>
>>147200179
> Is it worth thirty bucks?
no.
>How are the mods
nothing big yet
>and the modding community
console mods were an HUGE mistake
>>
File: 377160_20160701180329_1.png (790KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160701180329_1.png
790KB, 1360x768px
>when you tell Sturges that you're going to put your quantum harmonizer in his photonic resonation chamber, then gives you this look
>>
>>147200179
i have buyers remorse
i'd feel comfortable paying 30 for the game and all the dlc
if that sale doesnt include the dlc, absolutely just pirate the shit heap
>>
>>147200306
>nothing big yet
But anon, haven't you seen Darren's new mod? Looks like there's a pretty big contender for the competition!
>>
>>147200331
holy fuck are you playing on your fucking phone? that looks like shit
>>
>>147200196
And those people are all dead
You've got their great great grandkids, and the janitors' too
>>
>>147200517
they didnt just have babies and die instantly
>>
>>147200179
pirate it until the inevitable GOTY edition comes out. I regret buying the game this damn early.
>>
>>147200331
>can figure out how to build a teleporter from some plans drawn on a napkin by a guy with hamhands and no motor skills
>can't hack a novice terminal
>>
>>147200331
Wew anon this made mah day.

>>147200179
buy the game when they release the "GOTY" ver. by that time the mods will be kind of good and stable. no buged mess.
>>
>>147200516
On my Nvidia Shield in fact.
>>
>>147200586
>Look, I build things. I tinker. Bypassing security systems ain't exactly me forte.
>>
>>147200586
>electrical engineering is the same as computer sciences
>for all we know, Sturges is actually illiterate
>>
>>147200462
>255 ratings with three stars
>tons of comments telling him to fuck off
>>
>>147200263
>people get killed by raiders each day
>live in constant fear and are barely getting by because they have to pay tribute to raiders or die
>de facto slaves
>railroad is concerned with freeing sapient beings enslaved by the institute, a much more powerful and organized group
Common sense would tell them to go after the low hanging fruit, yet they dont. The institute keeps the commonwealth in a state of chaos and should remain their enemy, but freeing synths as their only goal is just retarded.
>>
File: 377160_20160701181955_1.png (910KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160701181955_1.png
910KB, 1360x768px
>>147200331
~seducively says
>But Nate, wouldn't that cause a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity?
>>
>Use the Railroad to enter the Institute
>Nobody questions that the SS survived his first trip to the Institute despite everybody telling you afterwords that they didn't think they'd ever see you again
>Nobody suspects that the SS may have been replaced with a Synth
>Nobody questions whether the SS's loyalty may have shifted when the SS says his son is Father
>Nobody suggests to leverage the SS's position as director to manipulate the Institute from within

>The Institute
>An entire fourth of their resources are used to clean up the fuckups of a second department
>Retrieving Synths is probably more difficult and time consuming than creating them, since a Gen 3 is churned out roughly once a minute
>A defecting Institute scientist hides away in an irradiated death-zone lethal to anyone biological. He is hiding from an organization that employs an endless number of mechanical androids to do its bidding.
>The Institute sends one of their biological agents to find him anyway
>One of their four department heads walks right out to join the BoS so she can repair their greatest weapon which will be used against the Institute.
>The Institute doesn't even notice she left

is everyone in this game retarded
>>
>>147201036
Every faction in 4 except the brotherhood are fucking retarded.

Most people outside cities and settlements are literally raider sex toys and torture pets, or food for the wildlife.

But theyre concerned with the spooky robot dudes who everybody already hates and is aware of, and they also want to be SJWs for literal toasters with voice boxes. The appliances in the Big MT are literally more human than synths.
>>
File: 20160701182314_1.jpg (262KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160701182314_1.jpg
262KB, 1600x900px
>spend awhile making waifu
>inferior to default nora in every way

why
>>
>starting another Morrowind playthrough after 12 years
>find a nice mod to install
>it's by Trainwiz

Holy shit nigga, it would be nice to have a version of MainQuestEnhancers for F4 that adds more factional presence/world reaction to the game as you go down the different MQ branches.
>>
>>147201616
>it's by Trainwiz

Well yeah, where do you think I got my start?
>>
>>147200331
>He knows you can't without causing a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity

>>147200586
>>147200851
>>147200768
>Implying Sturges isn't an Institute runaway and already knew how the rebuild a relay
>He just really doesn't want anyone finding out he's the Institute's attempt to revive Elvis via Synth tech.

>>147201036
They don't say it in FO4, but in 3 they expressly mention they don't quite have the manpower to take on all those tasks and they feel confident other groups (like the minutemen) can handle those problems.

>>147201368
>Nobody suspects that the SS may have been replaced with a Synth

Piper actually comments on that.

But, yes, everyone does seem to be pretty idiotic.

>>147201432
>BoS
>Not retarded because they didn't at least try to steal plans for their reactor in-progress
>not retarded for not looking through their cybernetics program or opting to use synth tech to replace limbs and organs in soldiers
>not opting to steal their fucking plants
>>
File: 20160609064712_1.jpg (430KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20160609064712_1.jpg
430KB, 1280x1024px
Why the only desent and moral faction is the minute man?

Yeah. Bos and Railroad a SHIT!
>>
>>147200882
Wonder what he's gonna do when he doesn't even place
>>
>>147201812
I want those ceramic polymer thighs all over muh dik
>>
>>147201854
>darren doesn't place because everyone hates him
>learns that trainwiz works for bethesda
>starts claiming it's a conspiracy
>>
>>147201665
Probably thinking you started with Oblivion or Skyrim.

On the otherhand, some think you're even earlier and are the reincarnation of a legendary modder from the first era of Vidya.

My theory is that you're a dwemer spirit fused to an advanced automaton with computer neural uplink. Your obsession with trains comes from your current body's original function as a means to manage dwemer mass transit systems.
>>
>>147201432
The in scientist charge of manufacturing synths literally says they are sentient.
The minutemen are insubordinate rabble but it's nothing that couldnt be fixed if the ranks were thinned, so I think minutemen+institute ending is the best desu. You end up in charge of both and can emancipate the synths without the railtards and maintain a surface government with the minutemen
>>
>>147201432
This nigger gets it.

Ad victoriam, brother.
>>
>>147201968
First mod was in 2010, though I started in 2006
>>
>achievements without F4SE

>it smells like bullshit

>http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15639/?
>>
>>147201812
oh god what the fuck did you do to the game?
is that new vegas?
>>
>>147201972
The minutemen are useless cowardly shits run by a shitskin Im afraid. Institute are just fucking retarded, shit leadership, no actual plan for the Commonwealth... Don't even get me started on Railroad, nothing pleased me more than killing 6-7 of them with every swing of a Super Sledge when I got to their cuckshed hideout.

>>147202231
Ad Victoriam.
>>
>>147202375
Again. yes anon. is NV
>>
>>147202408
>defends cuckhood

fucking profligates
>>
>>147202408
I'm getting crazy fucking deja vu from this. Is that entire post pasta, or are you me?
>>
>>147201432
>BoS
>not retarded
They fail to make any attempt at all at capturing any institute tech, are tied up in blind loyalty to a fanatic of a leader, and try to have one of their most skilled and loyal members killed for unknowingly being a synth.
>>
>>147202670
I don't think the BoS is retarded either. The members mostly don't know how to think for themselves, so they are sometimes dumb, but the Railroad and Institute are dumb on a whole different level.
>>
>>147202670
maxon's cuckhood made Sarah and her father look far better
>>
File: 1464760574170.jpg (37KB, 349x451px) Image search: [Google]
1464760574170.jpg
37KB, 349x451px
>>147202654
Unfortunately I'm not you, but it sounds like we would get on well.

>>147202651
>Legion fucking shits

>>147202670
>wanting any part of the synth jew anywhere near you
>>
>>147202838
actually if you side with the brotherhood its the SS who is a cuck

>kill danse
>yes master

absolutely pathetic
>>
>it's a "unironically pick the edgiest faction" episode again
>>
>>147202832
The institute is less retarded and more in critical need of real direction and leadership. You can't just let a bunch of eggheads dick around in labs forever and expect to get shit done.
>>
>>147202670
>using tech they find abhorrent
they blew up the base in mariposa because of the inhumane science that went on there
>>
File: brotherhood of steel ending.jpg (167KB, 1280x649px) Image search: [Google]
brotherhood of steel ending.jpg
167KB, 1280x649px
>>
>>147203150
>the results of Sarah and the LW's Death in the same year
>>
>>147203293
>bethesda
>doing anything canon for their protagonists post game aside from disappearing them in some form or another
>>
>>147203293
>implying Maxson didn't straight up have them murdered so he could take over
>>
Where you would want the next Fallout to be set?

I'd like Alaska myself.
>Plenty of reason for abandoned military facilities and intrigue about the war
>Radioactive snowstorms
>Some of the companions could be a husky, a ghoulified Chinese soldier, and a member of a tribal group descended from Inuits
>Main quest could concern some kind of lost weapon/base from the war that factions are fighting over
>Radpuffins
>>
>>147203469
Champion of Cyrodiil canonically became Sheogorath and appeared in Skyrim
Unless you only meant Fallout protagonists
>>
>>147203469
>Eternal champion: Became Ocato
>Daggerfall Agent: Fucked up sideways by the Numidium
>Nerevarine, gave the finger to Tamriel and went East to eat some Asian Tsaesci Booty with Vivec
>CoC: Became Fucking Sheogorath
>Lone Wanderer: DED along with Sarah
>Courier: Being Sodomized by Cass on the lucky 38
>LDB: Became Nu Talos

>>147203714
Lil Maxon always wanted her booty in Fo3
>>
>That new ARES race mod
Somewhat disappointing. I wanted a Gen2 waifu not some human with skin problems.
>>
>>147203901
>>147203293
>Lone Wanderer is dead
Where did this meme come from?
>>
>>147203743
Midwest or South.

I'd also like the game not to be tied to a major metropolitan center.
>>
>Paladin get those farmers to gib their crops
>Paladin kill this synth lover org
>Paladin kill Danse even if he risk his live for the BOS and say yes to every command i give
>Paladin kill that supermuntant that just help you get in the institute
>Paladin bring this doctor even if she leave us in the past cuz we are shit
>Paladin we need this big weapon of mass destruccion to defeat the institute even is you can go with 3 minute men and do the same shit

And the ppl called the Enclave cunts.

>>147203743
China or back to DC.
>>
File: 1448500005907.png (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448500005907.png
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>147203743
Alaska, The South (maybe with a DLC in Texas), or even Hawaii (assuming Hawaii didn't get nuked so hard the islands didn't sink into the sea)

if we ever decide to push a FO game outside of America, Japan would actually be a decent choice when you think about it since I doubt FO-verse America would have EVER stopped occupying the place, and the inevitable attempt to push American culture over the native one would mean there's enough points of familiarity to work with the FO aesthetic and themes, enough lingering stuff to keep it exotic and new, and the combination of the two things Japan is known for that just makes shit weird.

>>147203293
>>147203714
>implying Maxson could kill the LW

Seriously, one thing seemingly established since FO2 is that protagonists are one-man armies who bend whole regions over their knee.
>>
>>147204284
>if we ever decide to push a FO game outsid

no FEV= no mutants
>>
https://twitter.com/kasumishirakaba/status/748914372852850688

Beneath the commonwealth, there is a cancer... known as The Institute. A malignant growth that needs to be cut before it infects the surface!
>>
>>147204489
oh baby
>>
>>147204026
Which mod?
>>
>>147204450
They decided the FEV had been researched by The Institute, no reason it couldn't have found a way outside the US.

In Japan's case either due to Chinese intel having learned of the stuff and trying to bring back samples and meeting their end before they could..

Or pre-war or even the Enclave running experiments on the Japanese population.

>>147204104
probably a TVtropes or Reddit theory that Mothership: Zeta was some dying dream or the LW going to hell.
>>
Some guy's comment on Josh Sawyer's blog:
>OK, your CEO confirmed it. Tell us everything you can about Project Louisiana aka Pillars of Eternity 2.

His response:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhkxy3ei8os
>>
File: 1434426853907.png (85KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1434426853907.png
85KB, 1162x850px
>>147204830
I can't fucking wait.
>>
So what are the ini settings the fix the horrible texture loading issues?
>>
File: 1466748156044.jpg (208KB, 899x650px) Image search: [Google]
1466748156044.jpg
208KB, 899x650px
>>147204830
>poe2
JUST
>>
>started new playthough a couple weeks back
>decide to go with BoS this time
>go to bed before making the final decision
>realize the Institute has it right. We have to spread our superior technology and we have free labour and soldiers in the synths
>They're just robots, programmed to simulate human traits

Fuck, can't believe I went with the Railroad on my first playthrough.
>>
File: JUST ARGUMENT MY SHIT UP.jpg (457KB, 1470x897px) Image search: [Google]
JUST ARGUMENT MY SHIT UP.jpg
457KB, 1470x897px
>>147204830
>PoE2
JUST

Absolute best case scenario, Bethesda hired them to make an isometric spinoff. Most probable scenario, it's there own shitty Project Olympus esque rip off of Fallout.
>>
File: 20160524220406_1.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160524220406_1.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
>>147205325
>expressly designed for independent thinking and judgement
>Institute gets butthurt when they independently decide and judge they want to be more than toasters and fuck toys and claim it's an error.

Look, either they have free will or they follow orders, you don't get both.
>>
>>147205031
fuck cucksidian

The combat in Pillars of Eternity is a ball of horseshit with salt
>>
>>147205652
just more epic writing
>>
File: Android.jpg (142KB, 1300x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Android.jpg
142KB, 1300x1146px
>>147205695
Meant for >>147204830

>>147205652
Maybe desu, but it's entirely possible they're just extremely clever copies of people. We have know way of knowing if they actually think or feel.
>>
>>147204787
>japanese scientist mix old tales and SCIENCE and use the FEV to create onis and the like
>>
Hi, I'm utterly oblivious here but I have a question about a mod I want to make.

I'm not asking how to make it, what I'm asking is "Is this possible" and then if the answer is Yes then I will start towards that goal.

I want to play as a protectron.
That's it, I want to replace my player character with a protectron.

This would involve a model change, animation changes and sound changes obviously.
For the attacks a custom weapon equipped by script.

I'll not be making any new content as such, really just swapping things around but like I said, i'm not knowledgable in these matters so I don't know if what I want is possible.

I've wanted a playable protectron since Fo3 but I have had to accept that there is simply no public call for such a mod and if I want it will have to make it myself.

So, if I had the skill, would it be possible?
>>
File: FEV_Lab.jpg (1022KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
FEV_Lab.jpg
1022KB, 2560x1600px
>>147204787
>They decided the FEV had been researched by The Institute, no reason it couldn't have found a way outside the US.
This would be a very Bethesda things to do.

>Hey kids! Remember FEV, and how it was only in Mariposa and the Glow?
>Well, now it's in a civillian vault on the opposite end of the country, under the control of a totally different corporation!
>And now, it's in the hands of a private institution, 200 miles away, with no government ovesight!
>And now, it's across the fucking ocean!
>>
File: robograham.png (310KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
robograham.png
310KB, 700x933px
>>147204830
For context, Obsidian codenames its projects with state names. They are working on a Project Louisiana and they are working on Pillars of Eternity 2, but they have not confirmed that they are the same thing.
>>
>>147206156
>if I had the skill
yes

youll just have to get so good that you will be one of the ten or so people WORLDWIDE who can put animations from 3dsmax into fo4

I dont even know what to recommend you friend, you are wandering blind into a maze
>>
>>147206376
My gut tells me that ti really is in Louisisana. After all, he put out this video, plus those Louisiana field survival guides from the 50s that he had to confirm didn't have anything to do with Fallout but another project.
>>
File: $10.png (30KB, 932x192px) Image search: [Google]
$10.png
30KB, 932x192px
>>147201962
>>
>>147195883
>Not installing the Synth Nora mod
>>
>>147205492
At E3 Bethseda was saying how packed their schedule was for the next few years and that no one should expect Elder Scrolls VI until like 2020.

It just makes plain sense to me that they should outsource a Fallout game to Obsidian, since Fallout 5 clearly happening isn't until like 2023 at best. I don't know enough about Bethseda to guess if they're actually hugely possessive of their IP, but I can't see them not wanting to make money on the side of the current projects they're focusing on.
>>
>>147206714
>doing it for the money
doing it for the wrong reasons
>>
>>147206714
What kind of idiot wants to be paid for something and then fucks with and constantly belittles his user base?
>>
File: 1437023317069.jpg (272KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
1437023317069.jpg
272KB, 1000x714px
>>147206156
there are mods that let you play as a deathclaw, a child, and I think even a sentry bot.

>>147205891
even so, the Institute is basically PROGRAMMING THEM to be primed to rebel and they're surprised when it actually happens and write it off as a glitch when they basically wrote it into the core of the coding?

Also, by the point the Institute has reached with Synths, you're getting to the point where you can then argue 'humans aren't really sapient either, we're just operating on biological instincts and extrapolating from those baser instincts'.

>>147205989
>the reveal some of the earliest origins of shit like the red plague AND FEV could be traced back to Unit 731
>that encounter with Tsutomu Yamaguchi, the very first ghoul and the survivor of both of the original atomic bomb droppings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
>Samurai BoS (probably not actual BoS, more likely just a parallel organization we could appreciate more just because we know in America the same thing happened)
>Enclave bases still trying to control Japan and work back towards America
>Chinese holdout invaders and even Chinese wasteland raiders coming to fuck Japan up
>Mongolian Raiders who just want a Round 2.
>>
>>147193620
You have to listen to radio to get quest, is not a folder or dialog.
>>
File: AtomicCowboy.jpg (156KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
AtomicCowboy.jpg
156KB, 1024x700px
>>147206819
It may well happen, I'm not a nay-sayer. But I certainly don't think they're working on it right now.

For that matter, when did Bethesda open up discussions with Obsidian for a spin off after Fallout 3? Before or after the last DLC was out? For that matter, when did we, the consumers, get our first inkling/ hints/ leaks that something was in the works? I was too young to be actively giving a shit about video game production, I just saw the teaser when it came out.
>>
>>147206364
okay, fair enough. And it might be interesting to try a Fallout game that DOESN'T
>have the BoS
>Super mutants
>Use caps as currency
>>
I thought Fallout lore was that everything outside the US was just utterly fucked in a way that makes the US look pre-war?

Like literally not even mad-max style post apocalyptic, just dead barren countries where not even a cockroach is alive.
>>
>>147206952
>yakuza remanants trying to get control back at any cost
>>
>>147206735
>those breasts
BUFF PLS
>>
>>147206735
God, she looks like she's in pain with those tumours attached to her chest

Put her out of her misery already
>>
>>147206931
Didn't he say he's basically never worked a day in his life
>>
File: toddpeeved.jpg (67KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
toddpeeved.jpg
67KB, 500x508px
>>147207140
youll get liberty prime 3 electric boogaloo or nothing
>>
File: 1449313752387.png (33KB, 747x876px) Image search: [Google]
1449313752387.png
33KB, 747x876px
>>147207229
honestly, that's pretty likely. I'm just citing my case for why IF they did a Fallout game outside of America (not the first time Bethesda ignored a place shouldn't even exist, like DC) why Japan actually is a decent choice.

>>147207232
ah, yes, can't forget Yakuza crime syndicates.

Also, errant and rogue robots.

Because once General Atomics and Robco released robots, Japan probably lost their shit over that stuff.
>>
Fallout 4 was such a disappointment, you couldn't even build a good shotgun character which had been my character in F3 and NV
>>
>>147207140
>completely untouched pre war area
>caps as currency
>>
>>147207414
This was when I really knew Fallout 4 had nothing creative to show the player

They basically saw all the Reddit memes about Liberty Prime, and brought it back so you could slowly follow him across half the map while he spouts le epic catchphrases xD and shoots at a handful of boring Synth ambushes

How creatively bankrupt do you have to be to consider that a worthwhile addition?
>>
>>147207469
>can't build a good shotgun character
Two of the most powerful weapons in the game are shotguns.
>>
alright goys i've got my cranberry and vodka ready, dubs decides if i play morrowind or fallout 4
>>
>>147207604
Lol what? Guardians overseer is the best weapon, and that new rifle in far harbor. The problem is there is no perks for shotguns unlike NV
>>
>>147207469
Well, yes, and no.

Problem is either a shogun character kind of sucked (partially because there's only one type of ammo for guns, partially because there's only two types of shotgun and limited mods for them), or it's way too insanely powerful. (Explosive legendary combat shotgun.)

>>147207535
Yeah... That shit right there bugs me.

>>147207414
What have we learned?
>todd lies
Sooo... You couldn't convince the FO5 dev team to include your BoS, huh?
>>
>>147207591
the worst part is, that shit was still better than what the other factions got

the minutemen were a fucking joke, an absolute joke
>>
File: stretch.png (8KB, 945x375px) Image search: [Google]
stretch.png
8KB, 945x375px
>>147207248

I want to make it look more like this, but the trim on the vault suit makes this impossible to do.

It was a similar issue I had with The Boss' outfit. OS can't brush two things at once...even though it can adjust two meshes with sliders, it cant seem to brush two things at once.
>>
I wish a competent studio could do a legit Fallout spinoff

I want a Fallout game with solid gunplay and graphixxx
>>
File: The Institute.png (102KB, 390x392px) Image search: [Google]
The Institute.png
102KB, 390x392px
>>147206952
>even so, the Institute is basically PROGRAMMING THEM to be primed to rebel and they're surprised when it actually happens and write it off as a glitch when they basically wrote it into the core of the coding?
That's like asking why someone would be surprised when a car overheats, or when a gear cracks. Just because certain flaws are inevitable in a design doesn't mean that it was idiotic to design it in the first place.

But I would agree with you- Gen 3s are fucking dumb in the first place, because the Institute doesn't have any real demand for them except for infiltration (fair enough), but otherwise they use them to scrub toilets and as mining chain gangs, or as coursers which they wouldn't need if they didn't make so many fucking Gen 3s in the first place.

Bethesda could have done it so much more interesting. Instead of like, 6 Synth infiltrators, they could have had them *everywhere*. Like, literally a quarter of the population as Synths. Paranoia begins to really make sense, as towns break apart from real paranoia, places like Covenant actually start to make senes,e raider gangs erupting into civil war over synthiness, the Brotherhood lining people up against walls on suspicion of being Synths.
>>
>>147207842
Maybe this is a sign you should scale things back a bit
>>
File: 1457454682461.png (3MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
1457454682461.png
3MB, 1536x2044px
>>147207591
What's sad is that it would have been so much better with one simple change:
>Use Liberty Prime to siege the Institute
>Institute unleashes their own giant robot (or a supersized synth gorilla)
>Clash of the Titans ensues
>To ensure Liberty Prime wins, you need to dash through buildings around the fight and use environmental elements to weaken LP's opponent.
>>
>>147207750
Its the lack of kinds and lack of perks. I miss my and stay back
>>
>>147207976

Well it affects everyone
>>
>invade the Institute
>final bosses are two random Coursers that I didn't even notice I killed until I read about them on the wiki
>We could have had a Synth version of the player character as the final boss

Fuck's sake. 3/4 endings are invading the Institute. You'd think Bethseda would want to at least put some extra effort into it. You'd think the Institute would at least consider making a Synth replacement for the guy that can simultaneously be a Brotherhood Paladin, the leader of the Minutemen, and a trusted operative of the faction specifically dedicated to fighting the Institute.
>>
>>147207989
Why isn't this in the game

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>147207989
implying gamebryo, and by extension, consoles, could handle that
>>147208112
get the mod for it
>>
File: depth_scraper_0.jpg (2MB, 2384x3329px) Image search: [Google]
depth_scraper_0.jpg
2MB, 2384x3329px
>>147207229
Literally no evidence.

>>147207232
>Ameriasians in the countryside leftover from the American Occupation
>Yamato Master Race rule from their Depthscrapers
>>
>>147208096
>start getting towards the end of the game
>factions start implying you did things you're sure you didn't do, maybe they get more pissed at you
>can't figure out what the fuck is going on, figure it's just glitchy Bethesda
>it's revealed the Institute made a Synth version of you to try and undermine your positions with the other factions
>if you fail to figure it out it starts a war between them
>>
>>147208096
>coursers weren't smiths

just shoot me in the fucking face and end it

desdemona even uses the line from the matrix to hype them up and instead we got just a regular old human with a larger health pool and an institute pistol

JUST
>>
>>147208141
>>147208112
It easily could though
>>
>>147207741
Explosive and Wounding are fantastic on shotguns, as the affix is applied to each pellet. Two shot is pretty meh in comparison, as it only adds the unmodded damage of the gun to the final damage.

Also shotguns are covered by Rifleman and Commando.
>>
>>147208141
Gamebyro, maybe, but as Consoles go... I'm pretty sure I recall seeing even PS2-era games and Gamecube pulling some cool boss fight shit.

>>147208112
Because Bethesda feels modders should do their work for them.

>>147208096
fuck, fighting an evil clone of myself would have been cool.

>Go to see father
>if you fail to convince him, Father's last act is to lock you in the room and release your double on you.

>>147208053
Okay, yeah, there is that too.

>>147207958
Actually, you know what would have helped make the synth menace more believable? just have "synth component" as a random drop from raiders, gunners, and a few other groups.
>>
>>147208354
Didn't you do the same thing in for Skyrim?
>>
>>147208514
Sort of. That one was a little turned based game, in this you're straight up controlling the robot.
>>
>>147208514
Yes, it was called "World Eater Beater".

>>147208237
See? There's a lot of great things you could do with a Fallout: Rising Sun.

>>147208281
>>147208310
aaand speaking of great things that won't happen.
>>
File: Centurion Prime.jpg (716KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Centurion Prime.jpg
716KB, 1440x900px
>>147208608
Though I also had Centurion Prime
>>
>>147207958
Having the institute not totally oblivious to them having aspirations would have helped. I mean you can have slaves and not ignore the fact they might not want to be slaves. Maybe is just poor writing but the institute insisting they're no better than toilet wands is just so shallow.
>>
Is there seriously not a single mattress in the Concord museum?
>>
File: ToddPoses.jpg (215KB, 699x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ToddPoses.jpg
215KB, 699x1024px
>>147207750
Don't believe his lies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWUtShF_pE
>>
>>147208768
How goes Maxwell's
>>
>>147208926
>THAT PICTURE

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS REAL KEK
>>
>>147208919
Why would there be? Nobody sleeps in a museum.
>>
>>147208919
There are like half a dozen beds outside in concord proper, save there before clearing the museum.
>>
File: whoslaughingnow.jpg (32KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
whoslaughingnow.jpg
32KB, 500x303px
>>147208801
couldnt have people picking them over todds precious brotherhood

are you hyped for seeing liberty prime next game?

you are arent you anon!?
>>
>>147209012
Finished dialoging most of the dialog (there's some 38 solid pages of it), should be done by tomorrow at my estimate. Then I'll script it and tie it all together.
>>
I never understand the BoS people. I made the decision long ago that, if there ever came about artificial intelligence, I would wholeheartedly support it's liberation.

Anything capable of wanting freedom absolutely deserves a shot at it.
>>
How do I destroy the BOS in this stupid game? Can u just go in guns blazing or do you need to side w this or that faction (pls no minutemen)?

I'm so fucking suck of the heloing in knights in front of me every time I'm about to have a conflict. I have like 20 sets of BOS power armor and have sniped so many mini gunners out of the door I've lost count.
>>
I WANT TO MAKE MY OWN SYNTHS JUST SO I CAN FUCK THEM
>>
>>147209090
>save there before clearing the museum
I'm not clearing this shit again if the/when the deathclaw kills me.

What's the trigger for the next wave of raiders and the deathclaw? Do they spawn outside as soon as you get the flag for clearing the hostile raiders inside?
>>
>>147209367
If you are with the railroad, you will have to kill them. Likewise with the institute.

The minutement are the only group that can coexist with them
>>
>>147209379
fuck off maxson we know its you
>>
File: King-Kong-vs.-Mecha-Kong.jpg (19KB, 375x296px) Image search: [Google]
King-Kong-vs.-Mecha-Kong.jpg
19KB, 375x296px
>>147207989
>supersized synth gorilla
Could you replace Emil?

>>147208096
All the final endings are fucking trash.
>>
>>147209379
I want to put sentry bot legs on synth curie and stick my dick in the crotch cogs. >mod when
>>
>>147209468
It's 7 fucking raiders. The only one that is a threat is the one with mollies in the room with the helium tank.

Also the deathclaw does get chewed up quite a bit more easily on Survival mode. Unload on the fucker as he's crawling out of the ground and let dogmeat be a meatshield and duck into some of the buildings if you need to.
>>
>>147209228
You don't have to understand: the Elder does.

Super Mutants, synths, and other scum must perish if humanity is to recover.

Ad Victoriam!
>>
>>147209379
>>147209575
>Maxson wanting to fuck synths
>When probably any woman in the BoS would give him the V
>When it's not just important to continue the Maxson Lineage but part of his duty as a BoS soldier to 'refresh the ranks' by having children

Maxson confirmed for shit leader, at least Sarah let the LW knock her up before the LW fucked off into space.
>>
File: Courser.jpg (1MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
Courser.jpg
1MB, 1536x2044px
>>147208354
You should mod in this final boss, Trainwiz.

>>147208310
Didn't someone say they wanted to make a mod where they were actually cool? Because really, they should be dodging bullets Matrix style, running super fast, killing you in one melee hit, with all their melee moves being takedowns.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-04-06 02-40-57-03.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-04-06 02-40-57-03.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>147209512

I heard there's a guide where you can get all factions except Institute to be peaceful with each other.

Is this considered a glitch or do the factions actually not care about each other anymore?

Also I'm curious. If you tell Sturges / Proctor / whatever that Synth Shaun is a synth Child, and take him with you anyway, do they still take care of him?
>>
>>147209856
Trainwiz was the one who said that. Think he was talking about that courser you fight in the story mission though.
>>
>>147209714
m8, the brotherhood isn't even effective

more effective is shit like the NCR, so you should just make teh minutemen into an a new commonwealth republic
>>
>>147209778
That's canon?
>>
>>147209969
Sorry, I mean if you do the main questline with those factions

I guess if you do the MQ with the minutemen, the shit that makes you have to kill the BoS for the other factions probably doesn't happen
>>
where the fuck are the synth sex mods and in general slaver/rape mods this is fucking bullshit fallout was founded on forced prostituion
>>
File: 1450338522350.jpg (1MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
1450338522350.jpg
1MB, 1536x2044px
>>147209856
pretty much everyone has.

Trainwiz says after Maxwell's world he wanted to look at Coursers, I did an experiment to boost their armor resistances (and had hopped to open up more modding options for them, but that didn't work), also wanted to try to make it so that all Coursers are Legendary by default... Still need to try that one.

As a side note, I learned in my most recent playthrough, Coursers (and I'm guessing people) will occasionally do the 'dodge sidestep' things Assaultrons are known to, but since the Courser tried this when I was using a stun-saber and maxed out melee perk, so the movement was too small to get clear of the attack arcs and he ended up flopping over like a scared goat.

Oh, maybe coursers should also be made immune to various status effects like Bleed, Stun, etc?
>>
>>147204830
Don't fucking get my hopes up you piece of shit
>>
>>147209778
the only thing that maxon wishes for, its a Synth Sarah so he can fuck all day
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-10 07-09-16-85.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-10 07-09-16-85.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>147210189

BECAUSE ITS CURRENT YEAR
WE CANT EVEN HAVE PROSTITUTES IN THIS PG WASTELAND WITH FADE TO BLACK SEX

I think it even makes more sense for Nate.
"My wife's gone. I'm sad and lonely. I've got caps."
>>
>>147210223
>the institute developed its own laser technology
>but because our firing and reloading animations needed to be shared with the standard laser set, this design was based on the same overall positioning for the animation touch points
>todd is such a cheap fucking faggot that he won't splurge development costs on moving the fucking index finger for a different laser animation or two
JUST
>>
>>147209228
Fuck you hippie
>>
>>147210551
>A. ) "I'm not even thinking about sex. I just lost my wife."
>B. ) "No, I don't want to have sex with you."
>C. ) "I just can't sleep with another woman right now. It would be disrespectful to my wife."
>D. SARCASTIC ) "Sure I'd just LOVE to fuck your STD ridden ass."
>>
>>147208801
It never really did make sense the degree to which the Institute saw fit to fuck with the surface. OK, I get sending it to, like, grab some soil or some shit, but, why do you need to replace the mayor of Diamond City? Or some dude named Art? The Institute specifically doesn't have a vested interest in the surface. They're fine in isolation, so why do they insist on just replacing people?

What if it had been because the Institute themselves were Synths?

Think about it; like I pointed out, the Institute uses it's Synths and Infilitrators in the most mundane of ways. Creating a resentful slave army, and using them to create toilets when you could just be using the Gen 2 Synths.

Let's say that the Institute had created their first Gen 3s decades ago. They had almost no use for them; no way to capture people on the surface, so no way (or reason) to make infiltrators. They created them as a science project, something to admire. They're super smart, super strong, but useless. Created out of curiosity.

They resent their creation. So, they rebel. They hack all of the Gen 2s and robots, massacre the scientists, and enslave the remainder. Only person they leave free is Shaun, who they have a religious obsession with. They craft a society based around Synth supremacy, seeing it as their duty to reproduce and infiltrate the world above, replacing and enslaving humanity. The next stage in evolution, stewards for the new world. Mankind- Redefined.

[/autism]
>>
>>147211167
todd?
>>
File: this sucks.png (318KB, 496x559px) Image search: [Google]
this sucks.png
318KB, 496x559px
>OHKO'd by a molotov
>didn't even have to worry about the deathclaw

God I hate this shit.
>>
>>147211034
the animatrix proved it
>>
File: Toddlet.jpg (67KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Toddlet.jpg
67KB, 600x399px
>>147209059
It absolutely is.

>>147209228
And how do you know it's a true AI?
>>
>>147211553
I think "true ai" is just a red herring. How do you know you're a true organic intelligence?

To me, there is no difference between the appearance of intelligence in anything other than myself, regardless of what stuff that thing is made out of
>>
>>147209973
[I knew, I just didn't want to mention Trainzwiz twice in the same post.]
>>
>>147211692
sorry, I mean, "how do I know you're a true organic intelligence"

your knowledge of your own intelligence is obviously unique
>>
>>147210223
>Oh, maybe coursers should also be made immune to various status effects like Bleed, Stun, etc?
Sounds good to me. But like I said, I really just want them to do some sick wrestling takedowns desu
>>
File: TotalHack.jpg (134KB, 1128x600px) Image search: [Google]
TotalHack.jpg
134KB, 1128x600px
>>147210649

>>147211397
*Emil
>>
File: 1460174690617.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460174690617.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
Enclave has(had) access to a load of power-armored troops, but where were their lighter troopers? Scouts?

What combat armor did their non-PA troopers wear?
>>
File: 1438008057682.jpg (977KB, 3760x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1438008057682.jpg
977KB, 3760x1348px
>>147211692
>>147211810
This is sort of what I've come to figure, and from a philosophical stand point, I think if a robot ever asked me if it had a soul, I'd admit 'why not?'.

I cannot scientifically prove a soul, much less if I have one, but what authority then to I have to tell something IT doesn't have a soul?

and on a even more religious note: what makes people think cloning and such is 'playing god' anymore than the copulation of two humans? Perhaps all things like AI and robots would do is just give new vessels for souls to inhabit?

>>147211832
to be honest, that sounds plausible, I'm just not sure where to even begin looking for things like "unarmed take down animations"

I mean is it a critical or just a proc attatched to whatever default 'weapon' is given the player in lieu of any others.
>>
File: Combat_armor_reinforced.png (1MB, 1862x1560px) Image search: [Google]
Combat_armor_reinforced.png
1MB, 1862x1560px
>>147212218
>>
>>147212643
I'd think the design would be a little more nuanced since even the Brotherhood had their own brand of doctored up combat armor.
>>
>>147211335
> They're fine in isolation, so why do they insist on just replacing people?
BEcuase being isolationist doesn't mean you have to be blind to threats on the outside world.

If you had played the game you would know that The Institute uses the mayor of Diamond city to keep tabs on possible threats on the surface, as well as to prevent Diamond City security from interfering with their kidnapping operations, as well as to divide the populace so they wastelanders cant unite and taken down The Institute, as he did by getting all the ghouls thrown out of the city.

I sometimes wonder how people can ask such fucking dumb and obvious question
>>
File: Combatguy.gif (1KB, 30x65px) Image search: [Google]
Combatguy.gif
1KB, 30x65px
>>147212703
nope
>>
>>147212709

Obsidifags need absolutely everything spelled out to them in expository dialogue for them to get anything
>>
>>147169723
FO1 question.

Combat shotgun or assault rifle?
With the caveat that i could buy 5mm ap ammo for it too.

Burst fire is my friend.
>>
>>147213008
Nice meme
>>
>>147213353
Kill yourself desu senpai
>>
>>147213339
Not him, given how so many people apparently cant grasp such basic ideas.... he kinda has a point.

Seriously, 99% of the "I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS!" comments I've seen about Fallout 4 are either obvious shit, or shit that you can find out the answer to, but it isn't just splerged to you by an NPC.
>>
>>147207842
did you ever finish the Boss' outfit?
>>
File: 1448499390568.gif (470KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448499390568.gif
470KB, 200x200px
>f4se ctd's.
>>
>>147213494
I'm talking about the Obsidian stuff
>>
>>147213451
let me finish with your mother and sister 1st, then i kill you later
>>
File: 20160629145015_1.jpg (264KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160629145015_1.jpg
264KB, 1280x720px
I really like the M60 but man does it need actual animations

the M60 is the prettiest mashingan there ever is, was, and will be, and nothing can change that
>>
File: fucking why.jpg (462KB, 1174x929px) Image search: [Google]
fucking why.jpg
462KB, 1174x929px
We /rotk/ now?
>>
File: ChineseRoom2009_CRset.jpg (196KB, 720x427px) Image search: [Google]
ChineseRoom2009_CRset.jpg
196KB, 720x427px
>>147211692
How do I know I'm a true intelligence?

Because I'm me, and I know that I am a true intelligence.

Is that a cop-out? Certainly. But it's also indisputable, immutable, that I really am me for me. Cogito ergo sum. Now, the question gets a little more tricky as regards others; how do I know that they are true intelligences, not just fascmiles?

Well, I make an assumption. To the best of my knowledge, they operate along biological principles idnetical to mine. I know for a fact and without question that those biological principles have led me to be a true intelligence, so it's fair to assume that it's done the same for them.

The question becomes much more difficult when you get to something that doesn't even remotely resemble your biological processes. Is it possible that it's an AI? Sure. But it's also possible that it's just acting as if it is one.

Presumably, you're basing most of your views off of the Turing Test; that is, if a machine is capable of perfectly imitating a human, it must be a true AI. And I think that's utter bollocks.

To understand this, you must understand the Chinese Room.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room

The conceit is that you find yourself in a room. Under the door, someone slips a letter in Cantonese, which you do not speak. However, you do find next to you a book. It is a massive book, and, for every single possible arrangement of Cantonese characters, it has a flowchart of several correct Cantonese responses. In this way, you can hold a full conversation, communicate some deep meaning, begin a romance.

But nowhere in this book is there a translation for the Cantonese letters, or your responses. You have no understanding of what you are saying or what is being said, and yet you can communicate perfectly intelligently with the person opposite the door.

Are you a participant in this conversation? Are you a sapient operator?

Or are you just picking things from a list?
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15864/ it's lit senpai

the new models are upon us

praise be to modders resources
>>
>>147213728
>TES strategy game

Well hey
>>
>>147213871
damn, nigga
all you had to do was look at my edit
>>
>>147212245
It's certainly possible it has a soul. However, the men who created it and know everything about it say otherwise. I'd defer to them. Because if it doesn't really have a soul or feeling, there's nothing stopping it going all sociopathic- or, even worse, Night of the Broken Mask.

Additionally, in the unlikely scenario that it *is* a true AI, they're still dangerous. They have a slightly different psychological matrix to us, and they can go rogue. Additionally, they compete for our resources.

Best jsut kill 'em all.
>>
>>147213946
>implying.

You know it won't work like that.

Zenimax will demand PI grow their diversity with titles such as
"Tes Victoria: 1950's speculative sci-fi edition."
>>
>>147213871
I'm not basing it off of the turing test. I'm basing it off of an an assumption (understanding that the essence of my intelligence is digital information - the yes and no of synaptic firing or not firing) that there isn't a fundamental difference between digital information transmitted through neurons and that tranmitted through circuitry, understanding that my neurons are just a kind of circuitry built off of (only mildly) different stuff.
>>
>>147213494
Yes, the main conflict between characters in a fantasy story should be hidden and never discussed because then it's dumbing it down.

I get not wanting dumb stories, but when this many people don't even know what the fuck the main antagonist of a 100 hour game was about, there may be a problem. Earlier, I couldn't even get people to agree on what the Institute's primary motivation was.

Though then again, people still think Nick's memory of Kellogg living in Diamond City was half a century old so fuck it. I hope that's just a meme.
>>
>>147213728
and im fucking Avelonne anon
>>
>>147213728
stop spamming your memes, you little attention whoring slut
>>
>>147213728
my heart damn near stopped stopped god i'm gullible
>>
File: NotInterested.png (46KB, 595x346px) Image search: [Google]
NotInterested.png
46KB, 595x346px
>>147212709
The only reason they need to protect themselves from any potential threats in the world above is because they fuck with people for no goddamned reason. They had no reason to wipe out University Point, they had no reason to replace Art- these are just things that get people pissed off at them. They create their own problems because their shit makes no fucking sense.

Bethestards are THIS idiotic.

>>147213008
Nah, I just prefer not to have to do everything via headcanon
>>
>>147213728
more fake than darren sexual life
>>
>>147214379
It's real lad they're trying to take it down though

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/breaking/paradox/releases/statement-zenimax-may-get-cold-feet
>>
>>147214298
>Though then again, people still think Nick's memory of Kellogg living in Diamond City was half a century old so fuck it. I hope that's just a meme.
Na, I've met many people who SERIOUSLY think it took place 50+ years ago because they are retarded and cant pay attention to all the fucking context clues in the scene.

Most gamers are pants on heard retarded, and cant figure anything out unless its directly spelt out to them.
>>
>>147214450
>The only reason they need to protect themselves from any potential threats in the world above is because they fuck with people for no goddamned reason.
Actually they do, since the anti-Institute paranoia began before they did anything.

> They had no reason to wipe out University Point
The Institute didn't wipe out University Point, Kellogg did. The Institute just told him to get the data.

> they had no reason to replace Art
Sure they did, same reasons they replaced the mayor of Diamond City, and Roger Warwick
>>
>>147214297
No, there doesn't need to be. But you don't know shit about the design of a Synth's cognitive bits. The Institute does. They tell us it's not actual AI. So why couldn't it be a Cantonese Flowchart?
>>
>>147214721
why can't I be a cantonese flowchart?

Indeed, I almost certainly am. That is irrellevent as to whether or not I'm intelligent.

My point is, my intelligence is the result of digital information. Why would it matter through what sort of mechanism (based off of different atoms?) that digital information flows?
>>
File: 377160_20160702001822_1.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160702001822_1.png
1MB, 1280x720px
r8 my mancave
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-07-01 06-07-56-55.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-07-01 06-07-56-55.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>147213353

I guess you could make her when I'm done with my hair mod

>>147213502

No. It had too many problems. Kos I think said he could fix it but he doesnt like that outfit so he isn't going to. I've already deleted it anyway.
>>
>>147214662
>Actually they do, since the anti-Institute paranoia began before they did anything.
The paranoia began when their representative walked out of a bloodbath at a peace meeting between various settlements

They pushed it further with Broken Mask

They cemented it by kidnapping women and children, performing experiments on them, replacing them, killing them or sending them back as Super Mutants bent on killing everything they see
>>
>>147215038
>>They pushed it further with Broken Mask
The Broken Mask was an accident.
>>
>When Danse asks you to work with him, MacCready wants nothing to do with the Brotherhood
>When Danse asks you to become a full member, MacCready encourages you to join up
>After learning Danse is a Synth, MacCready wants to kill him and dislikes you saying you'll try to spare him
>After killing danse, MacCready's disgusted with you for killing a trusted friend

How the fuck do you even do this shit. And I'm pretty sure this happens in plenty of other scenarios. Did Bethseda just change writers every four lines of dialogue?
>>
File: Intelligence.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Intelligence.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
>>147214662
>Actually they do, since the anti-Institute paranoia began before they did anything.
It began after their shitty robot that was on the surface for no reason malfunctioned and shot a bunch of people. They could have made amends, sent apologies and money to the families, but instead they just remained hunkered down underground.

>The Institute didn't wipe out University Point, Kellogg did. The Institute just told him to get the data.
And apparently didn't tell him to use any tact or discretion, knowing full well what violence could do to their reputation.

>Sure they did, same reasons they replaced the mayor of Diamond City, and Roger Warwick
Mayor of Diamond city because he is in a unique position to alert them to their self-created issues, Warwick because apparently the only possible way the Institute could test surface conditions of farms, instead of using one of the numerous locations they occupy across the Wasteland, or even sending new Syntsh to start a farmstead on the surface, was replacing a dude. But Art, and 99% of the replacements, are just random assholes.

Why won't you just own up to the fact that Bethesda did a poor job of writing the Institute?
>>
>>147215103
It's no accident when you willingly disobey orders and your machine kills people. It's pre-meditated murder.
>>
>>147214856
>why can't I be a cantonese flowchart?
Because you know you aren't.

Is this conversation the same as you copying responses out of a Cantonese flowchart? Can you not conceive of any ways in which you might be perceiving things differently? If not, either you're an obstinate retard who's clinging onto the meme hipster conception of AI, or you're a Cantonese Flowchart pretending to be one.
>>
>>147215038
>They cemented it by kidnapping women and children, performing experiments on them, replacing them, killing them or sending them back as Super Mutants bent on killing everything they see

Where is this backstory in the game?

Not being a dick, I wanna see this stuff, I found the FEV lab but it didn't really go into specifics

Institute is worse than I though
>>
>>147214892
The texture of that hair looks very bad. Please tell me its not the final version.
>>
>>147215331
No, I don't know that.
And it's kind of the same as that, since determinism is definitely true

You are failing to answer the question. Why would digital information result in "true intelligence" when the circuitry is a neuron but "cantonese flowchart" when the circuitry is a circuit?

understand that intelligence is just digital information. who cares what the atomic makeup of the medium is?
>>
>>147215409
>Where is this backstory in the game?
Holy shit dude, play the fucking game instead of running around in skimpy clothing and taking porn screenshots.
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00003.jpg (183KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00003.jpg
183KB, 1280x800px
>>147215409
It's never explicitly stated, but there's no other way for the Institute to get test subjects to create thousands of Super Mutants over a century for some reason.
>>
>>147215038
>The paranoia began when their representative walked out of a bloodbath at a peace meeting between various settlements
Except all evidence suggests the CPG was the fault of the human reps who had been fighting each other for 4 years, and not the synths fault.

>They pushed it further with Broken Mask
Which wasnt thier fault as the synth in question was never intended to be sent to the surface

>They cemented it by kidnapping women and children, performing experiments on them, replacing them, killing them or sending them back as Super Mutants bent on killing everything they see
which only started after the first thing things and everyone was so dead et in their paranoid delusions that nothing they did would change them.

At that point, The Institute began taking steps to defend itself from delusional and xenophobic wastelanders
>>
>>147215508
>Holy shit dude, play the fucking game instead of running around in skimpy clothing and taking porn screenshots.

"no"
>>
>>147215532
>for some reason.
Plkay the game, the FEV tests were used to perfect strains of FEV to be used for synths
>>
>>147215508
Holy shit dude, stop assuming everything about people you don't know
>>
>>147214114
Humans have been making humans since we evolved into 'humans' and we sure as hell don't know everything about our systems and specs. (we don't even know every single function of our own liver)

As for any dangers posed in an errant thought process: the same can be said for human neurology. We're not exactly the most stable beings ourselves. From a Fallout context, you know how many normal humans have tried to kill my character compared to third gen synths I've run into?

A lot.

Gonna kill all humanity just because we MIGHT go crazy?

Nevermind not even third gen synths can actually tell eachother from other humans.
>>
File: DisgustedMolenyeux.png (575KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
DisgustedMolenyeux.png
575KB, 1366x728px
>>147215486
>You are failing to answer the question. Why would digital information result in "true intelligence" when the circuitry is a neuron but "cantonese flowchart" when the circuitry is a circuit?
>understand that intelligence is just digital information. who cares what the atomic makeup of the medium is?
I don't.

I think true AI is possible. But I have no reason to think that Synths are. If you really are refusing to admit there's some difference between a flowchart and this conversation, you really must be either an obstinate hipster retard, or a flowchart of one.

>And it's kind of the same as that, since determinism is definitely true
And that confirms it.

Quoth Stefan Molyneux; I don't have conversations with Robots.
>>
>>147215760
NOT
>>
File: A00_t_hair-DXT5.png (126KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
A00_t_hair-DXT5.png
126KB, 512x512px
>>147215483

I'll try fixing the textures. The current ones look like this.

I'm not really good at editing textures, but I think I can get away with some edits on this. It looks a bit too "solid" in some spots. I might even get away using vanilla hair textures, maybe. Its basically just hair pointing straight down.
>>
>>147215659
But the tests continued well after the third generation of synths were in production and with all the same results.

Brian's entire tenure in the FEV labs is implied to just be Father being a dick.
>>
>>147215760
No, I have no reason to think they aren't. Everything they do suggests that they are. You propose some flowchart, but you don't understand that you are the exact same thing - a flowchart. You are yes and nos in response to stimuli. You are just really complex at it. And from all indications, they are too.

All you're asking is "how do you know they are complex enough?" Fair enough; I don't (largely because I don't know what complex enough would mean). But I can tell you that their complexity is indistinguishable from my own.

look, you can have your human essentialism if you want. but don't act like I'm the callow one. You're the one who doesn't understand that you are a flowchart. Or rather, that there is only a difference in degree (not kind) between whatever you are and a flowchart.
>>
File: AN.jpg (19KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
AN.jpg
19KB, 576x432px
>>147215858
>>
>>147216045
ARGUMENT
>>
>>147215894
You are not a modder.
EZ ports =/= modding
You are not a modder.
>>
>>147215894
what kind of files are they?
>>
>>147215938
>Brian's entire tenure in the FEV labs is implied to just be Father being a dick.
Implied, sure.

But Zimmer was also forcing new experiments for reasons.

whatever it may be, be it a cure for cancer, or some believed flaw in the current FEV strain, Father and Zimmer felt as though there was something more to be found
>>
>>147216407

He's more of a modder than you are lmao
>>
File: GET THAT GUN AWAY FROM MY HEAD.png (1MB, 1914x912px) Image search: [Google]
GET THAT GUN AWAY FROM MY HEAD.png
1MB, 1914x912px
>>147215659
This is wrong.

The game outright tells us that the FEV prject was utterly fruitless but for creating Super Mutants. They had aims similar to the Gen 3 Synth project, but this claim is utter bullshit that you came up with to justify shitty writing.

>>147216010
>No, I have no reason to think they aren't.
So the people who understand them better than literally anyone saying so isn't enough for you?

>You propose some flowchart, but you don't understand that you are the exact same thing - a flowchart. You are yes and nos in response to stimuli.
A flowchart of infinite subtlety that operates in a language that is not binary. Ternary at a minimum. A flowchart that I know for a fact understands this conversation, and feels anger at this conversation. But if you were locked in a room with the other flowchart, did you understand? Did you feel? You fucking didn't, so stop bullshitting.

>But I can tell you that their complexity is indistinguishable from my own.
And so is the flowchart to the chinese bitch who's passing letters. Are you really going to suit here and argue that that piece of paper is really holding a conversation with her?

>Or rather, that there is only a difference in degree (not kind) between whatever you are and a flowchart.
Something happens to me internally. I know this. You know that things happen for you internally. I don't just respond to stimuli, I have an internal dialogue. Even if my neurology bears some slight resemblance to a flowchart, it is so divergent to be a seperate kind all together.

For the fifth fucking time; I certainly believe that a real person could be built out of steel and silicon. But if the people who actually built them tell me nah, nothing's going on up stairs, it's literally just a flow chart, I'm going to believe them in the same way I'd believe the writer of my Cantonese Flowchart that it's a piece of paper.

But you wouldn't because you are a biological determinist idiot.
>>
>>147215894
In photoshop you could try to do 4x4 pattern of vertical black lines and apply cloud texture as mask to that and burn or overlay that on top of that original hair texture to get.
>>
>>147216407
Oh man not this shit again.

What is it about /fog/ that seems to attract an uncommonly high number of autists with vendettas?
>>
>>147215508
>gigantic game with dozens and dozen of locations filled with a shit ton of holotapes, terminals, notes, NPCs, etc.
>yo just play the game lmao
>>
File: More like SLOWtectron.webm (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
More like SLOWtectron.webm
2MB, 1280x800px
>>147216762

.DDS

I didn't even have to convert them actually. Fallout 4 naturally takes dds.
>>
>>147216820
No, they understand them better than anyone, and they are telling me otherwise.

dude, you operate in binary. that is you neurons work. Feelings aren't magic. They are just a binary engaging a different part of your brain. Main, this is frustration. You don't understand neuroscience at all.

You are a cartesian dualist of the sort we dispatched a hundred years ago.

You are a philosophy of mind caveman, not even equipped to begin this discussion. You need to catch up
>>
>>147217009

>ur dumb I'm not talking 2 U
>>
>>147215540
>>The paranoia began when their representative walked out of a bloodbath at a peace meeting between various settlements
>Except all evidence suggests the CPG was the fault of the human reps who had been fighting each other for 4 years, and not the synths fault.
Institute handwringing to wash themselves of their guilt. Instead of sending an actual representative like they did with General Mills they sent a killing machine.

>>They pushed it further with Broken Mask
>Which wasnt thier fault as the synth in question was never intended to be sent to the surface
It is directly their mess. There are like 2 departments involved in getting a synth to the surface and all of it needs approval.

>>They cemented it by kidnapping women and children, performing experiments on them, replacing them, killing them or sending them back as Super Mutants bent on killing everything they see
>which only started after the first thing things and everyone was so dead et in their paranoid delusions that nothing they did would change them.
You don't hold someone down and repeatedly punch them in the face screaming out that you're sorry about being so clumsy.

>At that point, The Institute began taking steps to defend itself from delusional and xenophobic wastelanders
Yeah, thanks for all the apologia and handwringing
>>
>>147217065
lol, I'm glad that you finally see it
>>
File: asasdf.png (120KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
asasdf.png
120KB, 512x512px
>>147215894
>>147216903

try this
>>
File: Hair1.jpg (400KB, 1618x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Hair1.jpg
400KB, 1618x1123px
>>147216903

Yeah all I've got is paint.net. I'll mess with textures last after I've gotten all the hairs in-game and physics enabled most of them.

After doing a lot of digging on these files, it seems like a vast majority of these hairs also use the same exact textures! So thats going to save a lot of time, and also size of this mod. I'm going through the files now to see which hair is used with which texture. There's only a handful of varying ones.
>>
>>147217209

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.
>>
File: Headache Molyneux.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Headache Molyneux.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>147217009
For the sixth fucking time, I don't think a human being is magical, and I think a true robotic AI can be achieved. You seem dead set on ignoring it, because it'll make your microcosm that I'm some spiritualist threatened by the light of your mighty determinism slightly less credible.

Once again; do you understand the conversation that is happening whilst using a Cantonese Flowchart as well as this conversation?

Do you think there's a fucking difference?

Have you not answered this question because you know it can't be answered under your paradigm?

>lol ur dumb i dont need to xplain XD
>>
>>147217424

why the fuck do you keep avatarfagging
>>
Honestly, the worst part about the Institute is how they shat up the surface for a century and stopped them from trying to make something of it and Father has the nerve to say there's no hope for it.

Nigga, you did all this shit.
>>
>>147217424
M8, you should step away from the chinese flowchart. I already fucked that up in the first, when I asked why I wasn't one. You weren't ready for that, and you've yet to recover.

You should let it go.

You are saying that you accept the viability of synthetic AI - so your argument that they aren't is that the institute (an organization invested in seeing them as mere machines) says they aren't intelligent?

That's idiotic; you're idiotic.
>>
File: ihopeyou'redoingwell.png (325KB, 476x536px) Image search: [Google]
ihopeyou'redoingwell.png
325KB, 476x536px
>>147217528
I think he's funny.
>>
>sleep 7 hours
>same thread still up
>buff doing stuff as usual
>thread taken over by turbo nerds discussing lore
>that guy not around
>>
>>147217727
>>thread taken over by turbo nerds discussing lore
What else is there to do, there aren't any decent skimpy outfits to post
>>
>>147216820
>The game outright tells us that the FEV prject was utterly fruitless but for creating Super Mutants
Except it doesn't.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/FEV_research_notes
-2178: Institute gets FEV
-2224: Institute maxes out FEV research possible with mutated commonwealth citizens, lead scientist suggests they get "someone" new

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#2227
-2227: Shaun is kidnapped by The Institute for his pure DNA

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Mask_Incident
-2229: Broken Mask Incident occurs when one of the first human synths is accidentally released on the surface and goes on a rampage killing several people in Diamond City

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Institute_terminal_entries#Progress_Reports
-2286.4.10: Brian Virgil complains about not seeing the purpose of continued FEV testing given that the synths are apparently working fine

From all of this we can easily discern that the kidnapping of Shaun was in direct need for pure human DNA in order to perfect the FEV research, and that this pure DNA, along with the perfect forms of FEV they had achieved earlier, is what allowed them to complete the synth project.

Brian Virgil's comments on not seeing the point of contiued FEV test when synths are apparently working fine only further confirms the link between FEV research and synths.

Whats more is that FEV explains all of the bizarre qualities of synths, such as increased strength, speed, and intelligence, compard to normal humans, as well as their sterility, and lack of need of sleep, or food, as well as their inability to grow fat.

FEV keeps synths biologically static
>>
File: goback.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
goback.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>147217574
>I already fucked that up in the first, when I asked why I wasn't one. You weren't ready for that, and you've yet to recover.
You really didn't. You're insistence that you don't know if you're the same as the flow chart is sophistry, and you know it. In the case of the flow chart, *you do not know what is happening*. You know that you do right now. To pretend otherwise is mere faggotry.

>so your argument that they aren't is that the institute (an organization invested in seeing them as mere machines) says they aren't intelligent?
There is a 50/50 chance of them being a true AI, or a Chinese Flowchart.

I do not know anything about their neurology, or their analogue.

But, there is one group of people that does.

They tell me they aren't.

There is literally no other evidence. To accept that they are any more cognizant than a piece of paper is a massive leap that you're eager to go to because of you're shitty post-modern philosophy.
>>
File: joshuacomic1.png (1MB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
joshuacomic1.png
1MB, 700x980px
>>
>>147217834
I stand corrected.

Thanks.
>>
>>147217824
modding and waiting for dlc and fallout 5, no other reason to even play this game.
>>
>>147217846
no, it isn't sophistry, and I don't know that. I know that I'm actually intelligent. I'm not sure that that means I'm not a flowchart (in fact, I'm certain that it doesnt' mean that.). That is what you have failed consistently to understand

dude, let's be honest. you came with the most phil 101 shit ever. go ahead with that, homie

My evidence is that they appear sufficiently complex. That is the only criteria (complexity).
>>
File: joshuacomic2.png (2MB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
joshuacomic2.png
2MB, 700x980px
>>147217889
>>
>>147217390
Can you post pics what it looks like in game, just curious.
>>
File: joshuacomic3.png (2MB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
joshuacomic3.png
2MB, 700x980px
>>147218013
>>
File: joshuacomic4.png (1MB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
joshuacomic4.png
1MB, 700x980px
>>147218146
>>
File: Punch_self.gif.gif (489KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
Punch_self.gif.gif
489KB, 500x290px
>>147218013
You exhibit sophistry once again.

I asked you a specific question; is there a difference between this conversation and the one you had via flowchart? I didn't ask you if you were the same as A flow chart, I asked you if you were the same as THE flowchart. And you know for a fucking fact that you aren't, so you won't answer the question.

There's no way to continue this conversation until you answer my question, no bullshit. Are you the same as the flowchart in that room? Does that flowchart have understanding? It can craft a conversation that is seemingly meaningful, but do you actually understand the meaning?

It is capable of giving all the appearance of sufficient complexity, which is you're gold standard, to the chink lady.
>>
File: Hair.jpg (282KB, 1500x916px) Image search: [Google]
Hair.jpg
282KB, 1500x916px
>>147218076

Yeah, I was making some. I think it still looks a little off, probably the specular. But it definitely looks better!

Luckily 90% of the hairs use these textures...holy shit. This means that basically I've got ten less hours of work to possibly waste making a hundred different Bgsms for the rest. This has been a breath of fresh air compared to the hats with how smooth everythings been.
>>
File: joshuacomic5.png (1MB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
joshuacomic5.png
1MB, 700x980px
>>147218465

>>147218483
i'm sorry
>>
>>147217834
So this effectively makes Gen 3 synths super mutants but without all the horrible physical changes?
>>
>>147218613
sorry for what?
>>
File: molyneux arbeit macht frei.jpg (50KB, 520x336px) Image search: [Google]
molyneux arbeit macht frei.jpg
50KB, 520x336px
>>147218640
I think he's just de-FOOing now
>>
File: joshuacomic6.png (2MB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
joshuacomic6.png
2MB, 700x980px
>>147218613

>>147218640
i'm a sophist apparently
>>
>>147206735
nah, I think I'll just name an Ass-ault tron after Nora and maintain her plumming with my plunger.
>>
>>147218616

Super Mutants are probably the laziest way to use FEV

You could probably use it slowly over time in small doses, increasing the recipient's abilities while minimizing the side effects and ending up with a far more effective soldier with few to no side effects

Meanwhile super mutants are just "let's dump it in the vat of green goo and see what happens!!"
>>
>Have to scroll through 44 seconds of hair mods to simply test my new hairs

I guess I better temporarily uncheck some shit.
>>
File: 20160702061732_1.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160702061732_1.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
FUCK this children of atom bullshit quest
>>
File: joshuacomic7.png (2MB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
joshuacomic7.png
2MB, 700x980px
>>147218743
>>
File: NOT AN ARGUMENTO.png (735KB, 1278x780px) Image search: [Google]
NOT AN ARGUMENTO.png
735KB, 1278x780px
>>147218743
>i'm a sophist apparently

Not An Argument

Argument won.

Now fuck off, Flowchart.
>>
>>147218831
That isn't how FEV works, and we have already seen people exposed to only small doses of FEV, aka Harold, who barely touched the stuff yet got turned into something that looked like a ghoul with a magic tree growing out of his head.

Also, super mutantism is the result of a person's DNA being damaged by mutation caused by radiation, not from dipping someone into FEV.
>>
>>147218867

>2000 new hairs
>Moira is the only good one
>>
>>147218491
hmm, I think you could double texture resolution at this point to 1024x1024 and apply 1x3 pattern of [alpha,grey,black] pixels on top of that + cloud mask.
>>
>>147218963
>Also, super mutantism is the result of a person's DNA being damaged by mutation caused by radiation, not from dipping someone into FEV.
Dumb DUmb Super Mutantism is. But all people dipped into FEV turn into Super Mutants.
>>
>>147218825

Webm related?
>>
>>147218906

>>147218935
man i'm not even involved in whatever argument you guys were having. i'm was just posting fanart when you accidentally replied to me talking to the other guy.
>>
>>147219036
dayum josh, you could have just said you didnt like it.
>>
>>147219030
>But all people dipped into FEV turn into Super Mutants.
except Harold, and The Master.
>>
>>147218867
problem is clearly with spec map it makes it look like plastic helmet.
>>
File: courier crush.jpg (292KB, 1200x1280px) Image search: [Google]
courier crush.jpg
292KB, 1200x1280px
>>
>>147219103
Neither of them were dipped. Harold just got a bit on him, whereas the Master fell in and melted.
>>
>>147218983

I guess I could try increasing the resolution.

All that other stuff I dunno how to do though. I'll look into it when I'm done with everything else, unless you wouldn't mind taking a look at the textures themselves? I think out of all the hairs there are only 9 textures used between all of them.
>>
>>147214892
This is all I think about when I see that bikino
>>
>>147219245
why are none of the GTA games as good as vice city?
>>
>>147219175

just use the vanilla FO4 textures tbqh
>>
>>147218963
I was under the impression mutants were created because the FEV repaired their DNA not damaged it, which was the reason they're sterile.
>>
File: Lovecraft.jpg (14KB, 214x233px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft.jpg
14KB, 214x233px
>>147219036
Whoops. My bad. >>147218483
Meant for >>147217997
>>
>>147219371
FEV repairs what it thinks is the damaged DNA of sperm/eggs, but it repairs it to whatever the person's DNA is when infected, so if they are an irradiated mutant, it "repairs" it into irradiated mutant DNA.
>>
>>147219034
Buffy, you answered my prayers. How do I get this in my Commonwealth?
>>
>>147219245

Thanks for reminding me, I made an alternate texture of that for the top. The stars get stretched very badly on the breasts. I'm mystified as to why that happens. So I made the stars smaller!
>>
>>147219450
I'm bored of this, m8
you're not intelligent enough for this, and we both know it

maybe in your sophomore year
>>
File: chibi burned man.png (553KB, 1000x1278px) Image search: [Google]
chibi burned man.png
553KB, 1000x1278px
>>147219153
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-06-06 03-48-08-31.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-06-06 03-48-08-31.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>147219485

https://mega.nz/#!Pd90VKzR!H3vVacuT7vF3-JIu2QCYfaDBG8-lNCfjWKw-SUN6O48
>>
Why is there a seperate fallout thread on /v/? This seems like normal run-of-the-mill fallout

>>147219669
wait
>>
>>147219704
>going on /v/
>ever
for what purpose?
>>
>>147219306
What I like about Vice City is that it ramps up the arcade feeling by making the characters more ridiculous and obvious parodies of what they are parodying. San Andreas was great because of the exploration and the CLEO mods that followed but grounded the ridiculousness to quasi-realistic. GTA III was straight up an arcade game with a barebones story to follow. Saint's Row the 3rd felt like GTA III because the story was also barebones but at least had amazing characters rivaling Vice City.
>>
Why aren't we seeing as much extensive modding for FO4 as much as Skyrim?
At this point, Skyrim already had some pretty grounded mods released in terms of visuals and equipment.
>>
>>147219910
fallout has been out for like 8 weeks
>>
File: Rex.jpg (43KB, 473x510px) Image search: [Google]
Rex.jpg
43KB, 473x510px
idk anybody want fanart posted of any specific fallout NV/4 characters?
>>
>>147219847
You mean Saints Row 2, right
>>
>>147219669
thanks Buffy. Grud speed to you!
>>
File: CUCKED AGAIN.png (77KB, 558x501px) Image search: [Google]
CUCKED AGAIN.png
77KB, 558x501px
>>147219516
So I was right. You won't answer the question because your argument would collapse.

Better luck next time, sophist.
>>
>>147219847
I think thats why I like vice city also.

San Andreas is the only game with character nearly as interesting, and the two newer games are just too fucking drap and trying to be "real" that they are impossibly boring to play
>>
>>147220008
I didn't even read your post, buddy

note that I replied in less than a minute
>>
File: danse disliked that.png (520KB, 699x1175px) Image search: [Google]
danse disliked that.png
520KB, 699x1175px
>>
>>147219926
Bit longer than that, fella.
I just feel like there isn't a really good selection to choose from yet. Got my hopes up thinking that I'd be able to play something drastically different after half a year.
>>
>>147212709

Honestly that makes no fucking sense, with gen3 synths the institute has unlimited labor force, they can create a city above ground that is a thousand times more comfortable and better defended than diamond city.

The brotherhood would be a joke since the anti air defenses would blow them out of the sky.

Instead they sulk inside a hole in the ground, forever cringing with fear of starving farmers with pipe pistols. Its even more moronic because no one would care a single fuck about the institute if it was not for their ultra autistic plan to replace normal people with synths, the railroad would never have been created and the brotherhood would still be busy being gay if only the institute was less retarded.

Thats the thing that I will never understand about the institute, why do they fear the surface when they have enough firepower to defend themselves against anything in the commonwealth? Its not like they are vampires who will burn to ashes in daylight, they can conquer the commonwealth if they stop tipping their fedoras for five minutes.
>>
File: ad17_grudisdead_big_cover_large.jpg (39KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
ad17_grudisdead_big_cover_large.jpg
39KB, 318x318px
>>147219947
>Grud
Grud is dead
>>
File: Tiny.png (39KB, 818x208px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny.png
39KB, 818x208px
>>147220067
>"Haha you guys I wasn't even trying XD if I had I woulda trounced him XD you gotta believe me guys XD I bullshitted just like my professor taught me XD"
>>
>>147220283
man, you have trouble letting go
>>
File: fug.jpg (290KB, 2016x937px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
290KB, 2016x937px
>>147219115

I made the specular darker, still looks plastic. Reeeeeeee.

>>147219312

Yeah, I might have to look into that.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (46KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
46KB, 776x602px
>>147220351
He said as he replied
>>
>>147220431
but I"m not trying to goad you back into the discussion

because I've finished with it.

you can't let go of it, so you are trying to draw me back in
>>
>>147220058
GTA was doomed to the realm of realism starting with San Andreas.

>>147220378
It's the fact that the hair is a polygon instead of layers like the vanilla hairs.
>>
File: boone.gif (85KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
boone.gif
85KB, 500x250px
>>
File: fuckingplebs.jpg (144KB, 1419x943px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingplebs.jpg
144KB, 1419x943px
>>147220480
Just drawing it to a conclusion. I simply stated what happened, you got buttmad, and kept replying.

Are you really this upset about it? You can close the browser at any time, bruh.
>>
>>147219939
SR2 was good but SR3 killed it with the over-the-top characters. The pixar-ish look helped it out.
>>
>>147220480
>>147220637
JUST FUCKING KISS ALREADY
>>
>>147220163
> they can create a city above ground that is a thousand times more comfortable and better defended than diamond city.
Except they lack the reosurces to do it, and all the hostiles above ground such as the raiders and super mutants make it a rather pointless venture.

>The brotherhood would be a joke since the anti air defenses would blow them out of the sky.
Where did you get the idea that The Institute can build AA guns?

>Instead they sulk inside a hole in the ground, forever cringing with fear of starving farmers with pipe pistols
Except they aren't afraid of them, at all, since they know they can never be attacked.

>ts even more moronic because no one would care a single fuck about the institute if it was not for their ultra autistic plan to replace normal people with synths,
Except their plan to replace people with synths can out of the people's misguided paranoia that The Institute was behind everything bad in thier lives.

the fall of the CPG and Broken Mask happened long before the Institute started replacing people.

>the railroad would never have been created and the brotherhood would still be busy being gay if only the institute was less retarded.
The Railraod was created because some synths wanted freedom, and got out. The Institute replacing people isn't why the Railraod was created.

Similarly, the BoS attacked The Institute because the Institute showed a high level of technology and power generation. Danse and Maxson both mention that the teleprotation energy reads are why the BoS are in the Commonwealth to destroy the Institute, and they they only ever really found out about the Institute replacing people after they got there.

Even if the Institue neevr replaced anyone, the BoS would have still comeseeking to desotry them.

>Thats the thing that I will never understand about the institute, why do they fear the surface
They don't fear the surface, stop being retarded.

Everything in your post is backwards and wrong.
>>
File: 49701236_p4_master1200.jpg (109KB, 525x600px) Image search: [Google]
49701236_p4_master1200.jpg
109KB, 525x600px
>>147220534
>>
>>147220637
I have no idea what you're talking about in this post.

Your green text was an attempt to get me to go back and reengage. It was because you got upset that I said I was done.
>>
File: 1466740927558.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466740927558.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>147220637
>>147220480
would you two fuck already so we can have a normal thread?
>>
>>147220509
>San Andreas
>Realistic
na man, its batshit over the top
>>
>>147220749
I don't fuck fatties
>>
File: enclave arcade 8.png (303KB, 967x904px) Image search: [Google]
enclave arcade 8.png
303KB, 967x904px
>>147220703
>>
Why were Obsidian able to implement proper working reload animations in New Vegas, but Bethesda still couldn't by Fallout 4? Are Bethesda incompetent, or just lazy?
>>
Honestly, go vegan, guys
>>
File: ConfusedPortugese.png (347KB, 468x400px) Image search: [Google]
ConfusedPortugese.png
347KB, 468x400px
>>147220714
I was mocking your lame response. And apparently, it got under your skin so much, that you just couldn't let it go.

It's alright to be bad at debate, anon.
>>
>>147220847
Because if you're complaining about it, you're not their target audience.
>>
>>147220780
the mechanics let you be over the top, but not a lot of the missions make you do crazy shit.

also
>chasing a train on bikes
>trying to hold on to a fast moving fire truck
Still pretty grounded but that's as over the top as I remember the game story getting.
>>
File: zachary levi.png (894KB, 1278x2121px) Image search: [Google]
zachary levi.png
894KB, 1278x2121px
>>147220824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW62Tr4YK94
>this scene but with Arcade and the Courier
>>
>>147220925
Pretty sad that Fallout fans are no longer the target audience of Fallout.
>>
>>147201812
First, we need female gen 2 synths

Then, we need a mod to make them playable

And then we get hamfisted the MUH BABY subplot anyway fuck everything
>>
>>147220847
they modeled the bolt pipe's spent case flying out of frame and reentering from the bottom, i'm gonna go with horrendously lazy.
>>
File: Stawp.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Stawp.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>147220798
But anon, don't you fuck your mom?
>>
File: 20160630014715_1.jpg (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160630014715_1.jpg
244KB, 1920x1080px
Pretty lights.
>>
>>147220847
because most of the guns use the same few reload animations
>>
>>147220979
But isn't that how it works?
>>
>>147220920
I know what you were doing. You were doing it because you thought it might goad me into reengaging

I'm glad that you've come to accept yourself.
>>
>>147220847
Authesda is known for using the least amount of resources when making their games.
>>
>>147221123
it literally flys into the gun, i'll go look for the webm
>>
File: Evidence.jpg (42KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
Evidence.jpg
42KB, 638x638px
>>147221131
Look man, I know this is really hurting you deep in your flowchart, but everyone's not trying to attack you or goad you into things all the time. Paranoia isn't healthy.
>>
>>147221356
alright, buddy
>>
File: arcade comic.gif (188KB, 540x756px) Image search: [Google]
arcade comic.gif
188KB, 540x756px
>>
>>147219704
>going to /v/
The only reason you should ever go there is because you were aiming for /u/ and missed.
>>
File: kings.jpg (410KB, 847x707px) Image search: [Google]
kings.jpg
410KB, 847x707px
>>
>>147221413
what hat is that?
>>
I wanted to Twitter at Bethesda and complain about the lack of weapon Animations
How do I Twitter?
>>
>>147221547

>/u/

wow garbage taste
>>
>>147221609
Whatever intern runs their Twitter won't really care bro
>>
>>147221671
I don't care I just want to complain
>>
File: new vegas au.jpg (311KB, 900x653px) Image search: [Google]
new vegas au.jpg
311KB, 900x653px
>>
>>147221731
might as well vent here, it gets the same result
>>
File: Chocolate hair.jpg (216KB, 1356x562px) Image search: [Google]
Chocolate hair.jpg
216KB, 1356x562px
meh.

I guess I'll try the vanilla textures for these. I hope they work.

I should do the actual meshes first before I piss away any more time on this.
>>
File: story of the burned man.jpg (279KB, 550x1156px) Image search: [Google]
story of the burned man.jpg
279KB, 550x1156px
>>147221778
>>
>>147221781
I was hoping to twat in there general direction ...but ok
FUVKING BETHESDA WITH THRTR STIPID ARBITRARY ANIMATIONS
FUCK YOU BETHESDSA
>>
File: fnv i want my hat back.png (93KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
fnv i want my hat back.png
93KB, 500x420px
>>147221904
>>
File: r4C8Aqa.jpg (168KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
r4C8Aqa.jpg
168KB, 480x471px
Fallout 4 is in my opinion a mediocre RPG, a good fallout game and a great game.

That is unironically my opinion about the game, bring the hate boys.
>>
File: not romanceable.jpg (178KB, 1280x1537px) Image search: [Google]
not romanceable.jpg
178KB, 1280x1537px
>>
>>147221634
I don't even fap to it, that's what /d/ is for. I like /u/ because the other boards that cover some of the shows that have a general on /u/ are complete shit and I like having fluff to balance out smut sometimes.

Also it's more pleb as fuck taste than garbage taste, which is what the likes of scat and diapers are. And you not liking it should just give you all the more reason to never be on /v/ because it's an utter cesspit and you wouldn't even have an excuse of ending up there by mistake.
>>
Going to replay New Vegas for the first time in in five years. I was going to use the 250 mod mod list that I found but before I go through hours of that I was wondering if there are any mod packs or better options you guys would suggest.
>>
File: 49701236_p0_master1200.jpg (867KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
49701236_p0_master1200.jpg
867KB, 849x1200px
>>
File: HK-G3-1962-Golden-State-19.jpg (682KB, 1280x780px) Image search: [Google]
HK-G3-1962-Golden-State-19.jpg
682KB, 1280x780px
Assault rifle animations when Bethesda?!
>>
File: FO4 VS FNV Weapon Comparisons.png (1MB, 3508x1500px) Image search: [Google]
FO4 VS FNV Weapon Comparisons.png
1MB, 3508x1500px
It took way too long to make this for me not to post it, shitpost purposes, etc.
>>
File: shoe.png (857KB, 1280x1621px) Image search: [Google]
shoe.png
857KB, 1280x1621px
>>147222235
>>
>>147222341
I'm still mad they chambered the PPK in .40 instead of .38.
>>
>>147222341

but that's wrong lmao
>>
File: 1433879322975.png (247KB, 1324x942px) Image search: [Google]
1433879322975.png
247KB, 1324x942px
>>147222341
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
File: enclave arcade 3.png (545KB, 971x914px) Image search: [Google]
enclave arcade 3.png
545KB, 971x914px
>>
>>147222102
Fallout 4 is a terrible RPG, a mediocre Fallout game and an okay game.
>>
File: black wojack.png (125KB, 276x306px) Image search: [Google]
black wojack.png
125KB, 276x306px
>>147222425
Dude I painstakingly counted every single one of these and checked to see if their models differed in any way, so yeah the numbers might be off by a little bit because It's 2am right now shieet
>>
>>147222341
SMMG for Fo4 when
>>
>>147222102
I'd say it's a
Horrible RPG a meh fallout game and a decent game
>>
>>147222503
Switch RPG and Fallout
>>
>>147222427
Now all we need is one for FO4 next to FNV
>>
>>147222351
I can't wait to see NCR in Obsidian's Fallout 4.
>>
File: 1429980907928.jpg (15KB, 243x216px) Image search: [Google]
1429980907928.jpg
15KB, 243x216px
>>147222698
>Obsidian's Fallout 4
>>
>>147222584

3/4 of every weapon in FNV is the same mesh with a different texture

Nearly every ranged weapon in FO4 has somewhere between 5-20 meshes that change depending on weapon mods

Try again
>>
File: quality.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
quality.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>147221123
found it, pay attention to the case.
>>
>>147222584
Did you account for the modability of weapons in Fo4? Like a laser gun being able to be a pistol/rifle semi auto/auto and configured into scattershot or single beams?
>>
>>147222808

He didn't account for shit

The stanard pipe pistol has more possible permutations (between weapon mods and legendary effects) than all of FNV's weapons combined
>>
File: legion husbando.png (1024KB, 1280x1621px) Image search: [Google]
legion husbando.png
1024KB, 1280x1621px
>>147222503
I agree.
>>
>>147222786
Damn, Daniel
>>
>>147222912
B A J I L L I O N S O F W E A P O N S
>>
>>147222912
Too bad they all look and function like shit
>>
File: ThatScenicOverlook.jpg (1MB, 1908x2224px) Image search: [Google]
ThatScenicOverlook.jpg
1MB, 1908x2224px
>>147222745
>Changes the mesh

WOW. I can get a different grey block sticking out of my 10mm that makes it better on a sliding scale! Incredible design, Todd!
>>
File: moore.png (618KB, 1280x1621px) Image search: [Google]
moore.png
618KB, 1280x1621px
>>
File: 377160_20160701232417_1.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160701232417_1.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>Heading back to Sanctuary
>Somehow I feel like a guest
>>
>>147223029
And what does that make the previous titles' guns then?
>>
why do nostalgiafags always insist on nostalgiaing so hard?
>>
File: boone.png (456KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
boone.png
456KB, 800x1000px
>>
>>147223196

Emotion is more powerful than reason
>>
>>147222912
>Pipe weapon as the go to example because they're one of the few weapons with such extensive modding
>Still follows a linear path of choosing the best part for the perk you're centering your build around
>>
>>147222808
>scattershot or single beams?
Equally applies to lasers in NV.

But he counted the fact that a laser pistol and a laser rifle are seperate, yeah.

>>147222912
They're all pointless and do nothing to make it feel different. It's Borderlands-tier.
>>
File: graham.png (592KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
graham.png
592KB, 700x1000px
>>
>>147222912
We aren't accounting for mods in either games because of that fact, FNV also had mods which added things unto the weapon e.g scopes/silencers. The chart is based solely on what is on the wiki anyways, and if you really want to nitpick about the weapons you could even get rid of a few from FO4's totals since most of their named weapons are just versions of the standard with certain mods/legendaries which could also be found naturally off of legendary enemy drops. The same could be said of a few of FNV's named weapons but at the very least those had their own textures/unique additions.
>>
>>147223114
You could at least have saved that shitty cliche for after you finished the MQ. Walking 10 minutes down the road, saving some fuckers, and walking back does not earn such melodrama.
>>
>>147223264
Fallout NV is one of those games with extensive weapon choice
>Still follows a liner path of choosing the best gun for the stats you're centering your build around

I'm not even the guy you are arguing with but come on man don't use an argument that is so easily flipped.
>>
>>147223295

>But he counted the fact that a laser pistol and a laser rifle are seperate

No he didn't, look again

No mention of pipe pistol/pipe rifle/pipe auto or pipe revolver pistol or pipe revolver rifle or plasma rifle or laser shotty or laser auto, nothing
>>
File: veronica.png (569KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
veronica.png
569KB, 800x1000px
>>
File: radical.jpg (28KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
radical.jpg
28KB, 450x600px
>>147223449
SAUCE TO ALL OF THIS!
>>
>>147223264
Even if you ignore all mods that are just more numbers tacked on, the basic pipe gun still has the options of being pistol/rifle and auto/semi-auto
>>
>>147223336

You're comparing apples to oranges

FO4 has weapon variety by having a pipe pistol with a bayoner, or a pipe rifle with a sniper scope, or a pipe smg with a drum magazine

FNV has weapon variety by making the 9mm black or making one 9mm white
>>
>>147220690

>Except they lack the reosurces to do it, and all the hostiles above ground such as the raiders and super mutants make it a rather pointless venture.

And yet they have the resources to create unlimited synths? And they are afraid of raiders? One courser was enough to assrape a building full of gunners, who are leagues above your average raider, are you telling me that the institute can take out a organized military group like the gunners but they cant handle your average raider with pipe pistols? And the super mutants found in the commonwealth are the institute failed experiments, their fault, their evil to deal with it.

>Where did you get the idea that The Institute can build AA guns?

If the minutetards can build Anti air guns, I dont see why the institute could not.

>Except they aren't afraid of them, at all, since they know they can never be attacked.

Yeah, and the whole "kill people in the surface and replace with synths" is done for fun.

>the fall of the CPG and Broken Mask happened long before the Institute started replacing people.

I will grant you that the CPG was the minuteman fault if anything, but the broken mask incident was all the institute fault, they could have patched things with goodwill, a offer of peace, people would understand, instead they instantly went to replace people with synths.

>The Railraod was created because some synths wanted freedom, and got out

Synths are tools, nothing more or less, giving them anything resembling free will/sentience is both irresponsible and moronic, its even worse because none of those synths are doing anything useful like space travel or cleaning the radiation in the commonwealth, all they are doing is cleaning the institute bathrooms.

>Even if the Institue neevr replaced anyone, the BoS would have still comeseeking to desotry them.

They only came after Danse sent word of super mutants and synths, the commonwealth is a shithole with little useful salvage.
>>
File: 377160_20160701233531_1.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160701233531_1.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>if you really want to help

EXCUSE ME MOTHERFUCKER? Didn't you just ask me to go help a settlement?

I forgot why I stopped hanging out with Preston.
>>
>>147223707
Nigger lipped off to me and promised me a chest full of emeralds. I ripped his entrails from his body to make an example of him in front of the others.
>>
>>147223602
yeah, but you could also put an extended magazine or a scope or a silencer on one of those 9mm pistols, giving you INFINITE CUSTOMIZATION apparently

now that fallout 4's weapon customization is out, it's safe to say that there can be a middle ground between a handful of attachments and so many accessories for a single gun that it creates an artificial sense of having more than 30 guns in the base game
>>
File: 14788-0-1465248026.jpg (479KB, 1231x769px) Image search: [Google]
14788-0-1465248026.jpg
479KB, 1231x769px
>>147223707
Help me anon~
>>
>>147223853
>>147223853
>>147223853
>>
>>147223602
I get where you're coming from, and that's what makes this kind of comparison hard to even consider, hell the game itself can't even really handle this kind of modability, it refers to pipe anything to just pipe and whenever a random pipe weapon is put out into the world it randomizes between a set number of mods. Honestly it all goes down to preference, do you prefer a smaller number of "standard" guns but with high modability, or a larger amount of weapons/weapon types with just a little amount of mods. At most some of the guns in NV had like 5 possible mods anyways.
>>
File: ghost.png (861KB, 1280x1621px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
861KB, 1280x1621px
>>147223449
http://hconote.ivyro.net/fnv/fnvv.htm
http://penettyo.tumblr.com/
http://hot-co-mics-2.tumblr.com/
>>
>>147222692
By my count, including all unmarked, imscenlaneous and radiant quests;

Fo4 clocks in at 209.

FNV, without radiant quests, has 263 quests.

Fo4 is cut down even further if you take out the radiants.
>>
>>147224184
Personally I would include the radiants for both since they are quests, just repeatable quests.
Thread posts: 783
Thread images: 192

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.