[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 789
Thread images: 81

File: emulation.webm (3MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
emulation.webm
3MB, 624x352px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.
>>
I have a question about the tvout-tweaks shader.
Can't all resolution be unified in one?
Like for example the interlacing.cg shader produces interlacing, but only if the resolution is above 400px.

So... can't the tvout shader be like
if (resolution >= 256) {// set output resolution to 256};
else if (resolution >= 320) {// set output resolution to 320};
else if (resolution >= 512 {// set output resolution to 512};
else if (resolution >= 640) {// set output resolution to 640};
>>
Recently got a clip and USB cable for the phone. I haven't tried RA at all in the desktop, but it seems comfy on Android. I'm currently playing Fire Emblem 7 on mGBA and want to export that save to the mGBS core on RA. Is this even possible? I can't load any type of save or gameshark file exported from the desktop mGBA.
>>
What's the most optimal way to get Skyward Sword running on Dolphin with a controller?

Yes I know they tell you that Dolphin doesn't have native Motion Plus emulation, but I don't have a SD card big enough to run Skyward Sword on my Wii, so all I'm left with is PC.

I don't mind having a less optimal, shittier gameplay experience if it's at least doable, surely somebody has figured out a controller map that kinda works? Or a mod/plug-in was made?
>>
>>146344584
>What's the most optimal way to get Skyward Sword running on Dolphin with a controller?
You get your Wii Mote+ and play with it.
>>
>>146344805
I don't have any blutooth dongle for my PC.
>>
>>146344938
USB bluetooth is cheap, anon.
>>
>>146344938
They're like ten burgerbucks or less, anon. Are you a turtle, by any chance?
>>
Any recommendation for a GB/GBC/GBA emulator on Android?
>>
>>146345787
mGBA core on RetroArch.
>>
>>146343295
That webm describes all of my experiences with emulation in the last few years. Something's wrong with me, I used to be able to just PLAY THE GAMES ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
>>
>>146345056
>>146345114
lol how about you just tell it doesn't work instead of wasting my time telling me to buy something
>>
>>146345787
There's more than one scammy payware GBA emu that's just shamelessly stolen code, beware. mGBA through RA is by far the best solution, especially in accuracy but also just in raw featureset.
>>
>>146344584
Actually helpful anon here.

Have you tried configuring the emulated wiimote? You can right-click things in controller settings to get more advanced options. I'm sure the game will throw a tutorial at you early on where you can make sure the bindings allow you to do what you want to.

btw, a scrubbed iso might fit your SD card
>>
> In order to appeal to the mainstream, an emulator needs to be capable of rendering at higher than native resolutions. Once you do that, you're suddenly faced with a lot of technical issues.

Let gonetz build his horseshit then on top of a solid foundation. Gliden64 and GLN64 by extension sure as hell ain't that.

He can learn a lot looking at the codebase and finally see how a real graphics expert approaches things. Then maybe, a few kickstarters later, he can finally make himself relevant for once in his life, since you people seem to like supporting mediocre charlatans that much.
>>
>>146346943
I tried checking the config for emulated Wii remotes and I don't see an option to turn on MotionPlus?

When I start up the game it just tells me to plug the Nunchuk into a Wii motion plus compatible remote.

Also if there is a scrubbed iso for Skyward Sword then somebody's gonna have to spoonfeed me on that one cause I can't find it.
>>
>>146347259
>a solid foundation
>native res
ayy lmao. Phone me when angrylion does 1080p. You have to write a plugin that can scale up in the first place in order to scale it up. Though I do agree that HD "enhancements" can never beat accurate emulation.

>>146347535
Are you using a recent build? I never tried doing this, and if the UI doesn't say anything it's probably not possible.

Also for scrubbing, there's numerous scrubbing utilities out there.
>>
>>146347764
>ayy lmao. Phone me when angrylion does 1080p. You have to write a plugin that can scale up in the first place in order to scale it up. Though I do agree that HD "enhancements" can never beat accurate emulation.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

'native res' has jack shit all to do with a 'solid foundation'.

let me tell you what a solid foundation is: a codebase that doesn't have ANY PER-GAME SHITTY HACKS, WITH A DATABASE SETTING SWITCHES PER-GAME.

For fucks' sake already, it's 2016, not 1999 anymore. You consider horseshit codebases like GLN64 still 'decent', and for that you should be discredited and disqualified from ever speaking again.

We needed zero-hack RDP renderers YESTERDAY. You and your implicit support for these hacky hack crappy-as-fuck codebases is what has held N64 emulation back for decades, and you STILL support the mediocre charlatans that just fork codebases they did not write themselves and make themselves a nice kickstarter beggar career off it. For shame my friend.
>>
File: scrutiny.jpg (30KB, 522x503px) Image search: [Google]
scrutiny.jpg
30KB, 522x503px
>>146348059
Your greentext specifically mentioned native resolution, which was the cause of my reply.

Either way, GLideN64 doesn't strive for preservation. It is essentially just trying to be popular.
>>
>>146348752
So make preservation popular.
>>
>>146348752

"Either way, GLideN64 doesn't strive for preservation. It is essentially just trying to be popular."

One day you want to go "gliden64 is the most accurate plugin of all", next day you want to go "oh but it's not striving for accuracy, it's about being popular".

Make up your mind. A codebase with a ton of per-game hacks is essentially a collapsing foundation. N64 emulation should be getting at the stage SNES emulation is at, where I can throw random homebrew at it and I know it will run without me having to add a shitton of per-game 'hacks' to get it to render just right and load the correct HLE microcode for that game's microcode. This is shittier emulation for what is such an old console by now, and it's about time for a change.
>>
>>146349473
Please stop. You're making sane people that care about accuracy look bad.
>>
>>146349614

I guess those people are not gliden64 fanboys since they don't care a shit about 'accuracy' evidently unless your definition of accuracy is something like UltraHLE per-game hacks for everything 'just so my favorite games run'.
>>
>>146348059
Does this mean you will no longer work on improving your fork of Glide64?
>>
>>146347535
Search for a .wbfs rather than a .iso. .wbfs are scrubbed isos.
>>
>>146355494
I found one, scrubbed Skyward Sword is still 3.93 GB, which is still like 700mbs over my SD card space.

I don't even know why this game is big, I thought it sucked and had no exploration
>>
>>146355753
Lots of music probably.
>>
>>146355753
Do you have any sort of external hard drive? You could run it off that instead.
>>
>>146355963
Nope. I have a 8 GB flash drive but can't find it.

Fucking wack ass motion control, I could just play this on PC if that weren't the case, how you gonna even archive this game for playability when Wii peripherals phase out?
>>
>>146356151
People could make copies of the hardware I guess.
>>
This needs a libretro port and someone smarter than me that is able to do it.

https://bitbucket.org/opentyrian/opentyrian/wiki/Home
>>
>>146357754
I fucking love Tyrian but they've already done everything, you can already play it on literally any device right now.
>>
>>146357754
Good luck with that, the code is a clusterfuck. If libretro is callback based then it won't work since the game has a dozen "event loops" nested inside each other. Would take a lot of effort to clean up.
>>
>>146348059
How exactly do you propose to render at higher than native resolutions without any hacks?
>>
>>146357754
It literally lists ports for consoles that libretro has cores for. Use those. Or don't, because it's already ported to whatever your device is.
>>
>>146358071
>>146358989
In fact what am I even saying, it doesn't NEED porting, or the use of this sourceport in any way, because it's a DOS GAME which is a thing libretro already covers via Dosbox.
>>
>>146348059
>let me tell you what a solid foundation is: a codebase that doesn't have ANY PER-GAME SHITTY HACKS, WITH A DATABASE SETTING SWITCHES PER-GAME.
Kinda weird how Dolphin is riddled with per-game hacks, but people turn a blind eye to it.
>>
>>146359824
Aren't most of those (optional) speedhacks, though? Like, they disable features a game doesn't need to speed it up.
>>
>>146359875
They're fundamentally no different to what N64/PS2 emulators do. Turning special settings off, turning them on, and of course the odd dirty memory hack for Sonic games and such.
>>
>>146359981
The game settings for most of the sonic games are blank templates. Which dirty memory hack are you talking about?
>>
>>146359824
>Kinda weird how Dolphin is riddled with per-game hacks, but people turn a blind eye to it.
Because those people are retarded sycophants.
>>
>>146360468
All these fucking hacks. Only a retard would tolerate this shit!

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/blob/master/Data/Sys/GameSettings/GXSP8P.ini
>>
File: Sonic.png (383KB, 698x488px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic.png
383KB, 698x488px
>>146360397
It's not a per-game memory hack, but rather a general hack that fixes Sonic Adventure DX.

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/commit/51a36f27e0c91ac819d077c6a9242cac5a8085ed
>>
>>146359981
>>146360397
Memory hacks are fairly rare in modern emulators. PJ64 has maybe three or four at most, and using GLideN64 bypasses most of them. PCSX2 has quite a few, though.
>>
>>146360703
Its not a per game hack. Its a general hack that will be reevaluated and probably fixed later.

A per game hack is if game x is running do y. Not if detected behavior b is detected do d instead of c

Splitting hairs maybe but this whole argument is weak at best anyway. Yeah hacks exists but the devs never said shit was perfect.
>>
>>146360703
If anything it seems like more of an argument to drop the extra graphics apis and focus on one. (I vote for vulkan)
>>
>>146361023
It's worth noting that Dolphin's HLE audio system fits the bill because HLE audio is naturally built around detecting a game's audio ucode and using custom libraries to run its audio. It's also worth noting that HLE audio never really took off for N64 emulators because PJ64 has always done LLE audio.
>>
What the fuck is sharp bilinear?
>>
File: GLideN64_is_Win.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GLideN64_is_Win.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Friendly reminder that whatshisname's N64 video plugin will never look this good.
>>
File: PD_native_vs_8x.jpg (443KB, 2560x960px) Image search: [Google]
PD_native_vs_8x.jpg
443KB, 2560x960px
>>146362696
>>
>>146362696
>>146363091
Now if only N64 emulation wasn't rubbish...
>>
>>146363091
Everyone knows the human eye can't see resolutions greater than 640x220, anyway.
>>
>>146363156
>Now if only N64 emulation wasn't rubbish...
How is it rubbish?
>>
File: How is it rubbish, he asks.jpg (32KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
How is it rubbish, he asks.jpg
32KB, 620x413px
>>146363250
>How is it rubbish?
>>
File: sb.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sb.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
Thread, I give you life!
>>
Why must, every time I update RetroPie, I have to redo all my settings and mods?
It would take them like 5 minutes to include some code that plays a playlist of music in the menu on shuffle. All I want is my cab to have a bit of attract music (and a attract video on idle wouldn't hurt either. Used to have some nice ones on hyperspin).
Can't they have some code that scans the scripts for any unique changes and stores and reapplies them after updating everything?
>>
>>146363250
>>146363353
>tfw he never experienced good emulation
>>
>>146363353
It's plugin based and as such relies on messing about with settings to play specific games rather than using pretty much the same for everything.
>>
>>146368309
*It's plugin based and as such relies on messing about with settings to play specific games with mediocre to shitty accuracy
>>
Ayyy
>>
>>146368845
To be fair, most games on n64 are completely playable with minimal problems if any. You still have fringe cases like banjo tooie, but progress is being made.
>>
Any recommended blutooth recievers for using Wiimotes with Dolphin?
>>
New ecco game prototype. https://equityarcade.com/2016/06/21/ecco-the-dolphin-dreamcast-sequel-prototype-leaked-online
Works emulated or as a CD burned for console.
>>
>>146371817
They support the sales of a specific Bluetooth sensor bar that also acts as a receiver. Mayflash.
>>
>>146371776
>Fringe cases
>Rare games are some of the best loved games on the system
If high profile games like banjo don't work then that why bother?
>>
>>146360624
That sure is a lot of changes that don't include FIXING THE FUCKING SHADER CACHE STUTTERING which makes this emulator completely useless for real setups. Do you not fucking understand? This program is POINTLESS until it's fixed.

Good job!
>>
>>146375279
Anon, stuttering to compile shaders is totally fine unless you are playing an action, platforming, fighting or racing game!
>>
Dolphin 5.0 is due this month, about time I guess.
>>
File: Spaceworld_99_-_Peach.jpg (98KB, 494x533px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceworld_99_-_Peach.jpg
98KB, 494x533px
>N64 turns 20
>Emulation is still shit
>>
>>146382128
>Emulation is still shit
Delusional
>>
File: RetroArch-0309-185224.png (312KB, 1357x1018px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0309-185224.png
312KB, 1357x1018px
>>146382225
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4pf30n/why_amd_cpus_are_utter_shit_and_you_should_not/
>>
>>146382296
>implying retroarch is the best way to emulate N64 :)
Gonetz has already fixed pilotwings shadows.
>>
>>146383228

Does it work on Linux?
>>
>>146383081

....aaaaaaaaand banned.

Goodbye mooch, we'll miss you.
>>
>>146383389
It should, via standalone Mupen64Plus. Not sure how well frankenmupen's port of GLideN64 runs.
>>
>>146384637
Isn't frankenmupen better than OG mupen?
>>
>>146384637

gliden64 has never worked properly with core profile, so SP literally cannot use it on his intel.

gonetz is content with only compat. context support, which means things are broken as hell on non-AMD/non-nvidia.
>>
>>146384770

it is, but gonetz is not a skilled opengl coder, so he made a pretty bad fork of GLn64 and didn't even bother making it work with core context, which Intel and RetroArch needs.

Ergo, why continue wasting all this time on this mediocre mess of a plugin when a unified HLE renderer and proper RDP LLE is far more important. Gliden64 is just a fork of GLN64, and not even a very good one. It should just be integrated inside this unified renderer, beyond that it has no real significance.
>>
Is Angrylion+Vulkan the savior of N64 emulation?
>>
>>146384770
>Isn't frankenmupen better than OG mupen?
In most cases yes. However I believe M64p standalone is more suitable for those who really want to use GLideN64.
>>
>>146384971
>>146385024
I honestly think that we need to start over and make an emulator that doesn't rely on plugins. Get Ryphetcha on it. Mednafen i quite the success story.
>>
>>146384840
So his hate for GlideN64 is sour grapes
>>
>>146385105

> Get Ryphecha on it

Ryphecha doesn't know a thing about GL, Vulkan, or 3D-based systems. He/she is completely out of her league there.
>>
>>146384971
>a unified HLE renderer
Tell me more about this anon. I'm very interested.

>>146385105
>I honestly think that we need to start over and make an emulator that doesn't rely on plugins.
No real point. Statically linking the code doesn't all the sudden yield improvements. Only real reason to abolish plugins is if you write all of the code on your own.
>>
Why doesn't MAME make drivers into plugins?
>>
>>146385345
Mednafen works fine and many PSX games are 3D. She's working on Saturn as well and that's a 3D system.
>>
>>146385295

That would imply there is something to be envious or sour over.

All I see is undelivered promises, shady profiteering scams and an one-eyed man being king in a land of the blind.
>>
>>146385372

>Only real reason to abolish plugins is if you write all of the code on your own.

Or just in order to have a coherent codebase maintained altogether instead of a patchwork of dynamic libraries maintained by different people with different feature sets (sometimes overlapping) and different levels of quality.
>>
>>146385591

PSX and Saturn both were not true 3D systems. N64 was the first one and that is where all her 'skills' stop.

I'll give it to her: she is a far more skilled version of byuu, which is mostly just a clueless bumpkin. She actually has math ski
>>
>>146385591

He's probably one of those "PSX and Saturn not real 3D" retards.
>>
>>146385693
Exactly this. We don't need 3 different plugins that allow us to play everything. We need 1 plugin or 1 emulator that will do them all because it has combined features of those three.
A lot of the trouble comes from the fact that emudevs don't collaborate enough. If they all just worked on one thing together then surely we'd have something better a lot faster than with this competition and code stealing.
>>
>>146385819

That's basically what mupen64 libretro already is and is becoming.

Don't like RetroArch's GUI? Make your own libretro frontend, problem solved.
>>
>>146385730

The distinction between true and untrue 3D is ridiculous and pointless. Adding a depth buffer and perspective correction to PSX wouldn't make it much more complicated to emulate anyway, I don't see why Ryphecha wouldn't be capable of handling that.

Please stop with this shitty meme.
>>
>>146385930
Yeah, that'd be great if it worked better than Pj64.
>>
>>146385982

Actions speak louder than words.

All we have in Mednafen so far is a ton of forked emulators which she didn't even write and just added some 'enhancements' to, and maybe a few originals.

Other than that, nothing much really. And PSX needs tons of work on top of just something that renders in native res and has a CPU interpreter, you need to actually go the extra mile, write a dynarec, write hardware renderers, and it's pretty obvious by now she either is not interested (sounds like an excuse) or, the more likely explanation, doesn't know how to do any of that.
>>
>>146385641
OK, whatever you say Mr. Fox
>>
>>146386273

That's a lot of baseless assumptions from someone who says that "actions speak louder than words".

The fact is that she managed to write a bunch of very good quality emulators and based on that I have no reason to think she wouldn't be able to make a (slow but accurate) N64 emu if she wanted to.

Not wanting to bother with hardware renderers and dynarec doesn't mean much. Both of those things are almost certainly going to reduce accuracy and she obviously aims for accuracy first and performance 2nd.
>>
>>146386863
>The fact is that she managed to write a bunch of very good quality emulators and based on that I have no reason to think she wouldn't be able to make a (slow but accurate) N64 emu if she wanted to.

We already have such a slow but accurate N64 emu. It's called every N64 emu with Angrylion and low-level RSP.

What do you think all the hype regarding RSP LLE is about? It's the one missing link that still makes N64 emulation universally shit, and it's the first real point in history where we can be guaranteed that what is rendered onscreen, is supposed to be rendered like that. No more crappy bullshit going on where we have to figure out what each game's displaylists are and how to approximate what should be rendered onscreen.
>>
>>146385730
Squarepusher, why do you have to bring up byuu's math abilities every time you shit on him? Seriously, it's like the 15th time I'm reading this here and I'm 100% positive it's you again.
>>
>>146373549
Banjo-Tooie is far less popular than Banjo-Kazooie, which works fine, for whatever reason
>>
>>146387453

SP is a weird vindictive person who can't let shit go. He has a hate boner for Byuu and hates him over and over again for petty bullshit.
>>
>>146387480
If you play one and like it then it stands to reason you'd probably want to try the other.
>>
>>146386273
>Actions speak louder than words.
Optimizing is way easier than improving accuracy. I have respect for those who pursue accuracy (except byuu).

>it's pretty obvious by now she either is not interested (sounds like an excuse)
It's not hard to write a dynarec lol..

>>146386863
>Not wanting to bother with hardware renderers and dynarec doesn't mean much.
agreed.
>>
>>146388372
Anyone that actually pays attention hates byuu
>>
I just want N64 emulation that can give me super sharp anti-aliased 3D graphics while also not fucking up the texture filtering, sprites, and UI elements
>>
>>146388680
I just want emulation where all the games are playable and can be played at a higher resolution.
>>
>>146387453

> Byuu posts embarrassing forum threads on his own board asking elementary math 101 questions to his 'fanbase'
> Obviously anybody pointing this out obviously has to be SP
> Obviously anybody disliking this faggot sellout has to be SP

Why do you whiteknight for this queer anyway? Put a sock in it already. You are as sycophantic as the gonetz nut swallower in here. Grown men don't defend other grown men as if they're their girlfriends.
>>
>>146388932
>Grown men don't defend other grown men as if they're their girlfriends.
You don't have to act extremely jaded, cynical, and assholish just because you're on 4chan, you know. Stop trying so hard to fit in.
>>
>>146385819
>Exactly this. We don't need 3 different plugins that allow us to play everything. We need 1 plugin or 1 emulator that will do them all because it has combined features of those three.
>A lot of the trouble comes from the fact that emudevs don't collaborate enough. If they all just worked on one thing together then surely we'd have something better a lot faster than with this competition and code stealing.
Easier said than done. Audio alone is enough of a pain. I've yet to find any emulator or audio plugin that just works, for every N64 game.

No one in the entire scene has both the dedication and skills to incorporate all of the good code from different code bases.

>>146385693
>Or just in order to have a coherent codebase maintained altogether instead of a patchwork of dynamic libraries maintained by different people with different feature sets (sometimes overlapping) and different levels of quality.
That's only worth doing if you plan on making significant changes w/o regard for keeping upstream (nothing wrong with doing this though). I myself don't like to just copy others. It's better to focus on improving the code, rather than keeping upstream.

>>146389305
The guy you replied to, prolly is SP, but I have to agree with him in regards to byuu. Why even defend byuu? The stuff he's said and done is cringeworthy.
>>
>>146388932
>the gonetz nut swallower in here.
I find it amusing that you haven't figured out who he is.
>>
>>146385730

You're a fucking idiot. Please stop vomiting useless heaps of garbage from your mouth and never return.
>>
>>146388932

Why the fuck do I care about any of this? For that matter, why the fuck would _anyone_ ?

You have too much fucking spare time on your hands. Get a second job or something. Nobody should have this much free time to obsess and worry about such irrelevant minutiae.
>>
>>146385105
https://github.com/loganmc10/GLupeN64

:^)
>>
>>146389674

>That's only worth doing if you plan on making significant changes w/o regard for keeping upstream (nothing wrong with doing this though). I myself don't like to just copy others. It's better to focus on improving the code, rather than keeping upstream.

Right, I wasn't really advocating that either.

I really think plugins only took off because they allowed people to work without sharing their code by using standardized ABIs. For open source emulators it's a liability IMO.
>>
>>146387453
calm down byuu.

>>146388597
preach. this is not reddit. everyone is disgusted by him here on /emugen/
>>
>>146388932
I'm not defending him, I merely pointed out how obsessed you are about that guy.

A quick google of "byuu" "high school" "libretro" gave me these, I'm sure I'd find more if the archive weren't lost. Nobody ever mentions that shit except for you.

http://ngemu.com/threads/svn-repository-for-virtual-jaguar.112761/page-17#post-2096031
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/1rbyf7/emulating_xrgb_snes_upscaling_in_higan/
http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2014/04/07/ume-0-153/
>>
>>146383228
Call me when Banjo Tooie can be perfectly emulated without any freezing issues.
>>
>>146393740
Is that seriously still not fixed? Even in Project64?
>>
>>146393740
>Call me when Banjo Tooie can be perfectly emulated without any freezing issues.
I don't play that game. Can you tell me where it happens and how to reproduce this issue?
>>
>>146393704
nobody likes byuu.
everyone is obsessed with him.
autists are fascinating,
>>
File: ocarina.png (156KB, 1423x1340px) Image search: [Google]
ocarina.png
156KB, 1423x1340px
>>146394226
>everyone is obsessed with him.

Can't blame 'em, he always provides a good chuckle
>>
>>146392206
The bride of Frankenmupen.
>>
so, what do you guys think of the citra 3ds emulator? I just found out about it's existance, I suppose you guys know more about it.
>>
>>146394582
No reason to bother at the moment since 3DS is so easy to hack. There's better ways to do 3DS piracy than by emulating.
>>
>>146393704
>https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/1rbyf7/emulating_xrgb_snes_upscaling_in_higan/

So, what DOES twinaphex do for a living?
>>
>>146394226
>>146394443

There's plenty of that shit here. Why would you feel the need to to obsess over a has-been emudev?

He served his purpose.
>>
>>146394790
a hacked 3ds can also play ds games, right? I'm not interested in many 3ds games, so getting an actual 3ds would be a waste if it can't play ds games too.
>>
>>146395115
It can, but only off cartridge. Someone's currently working on a port of Desmume for N3DS though.
Get a N3DS whatever because it can do emulated GBA and SNES games better and you ca overclock games from before the N3DS to work better by taking advantage of the N3DS' better CPU.
Check out /hbg/ for all the latest info. New systems should ship as version 10.3 and therefore are fine to hack easily.
>>
>>146395575
thanks
>>
Different anon

>>146394049
It still exists in project64. Only time I've gotten it without freezing is on 1964 0.8.5 with some pj64 plugins which is an ancient program, it's proprietary, and has variety of bugs and random crashes with the emulator itself that will never be fixed.

>>146394201
BT is the most infamous game when it comes to N64 emulation. The game will freeze at any random point be it an hour or 25 seconds of play. You simply had to use frequent save states to play it.
>>
>>146395769
Is this that freeze that can be fixed by commenting out DP_Freeze or something?
>>
>>146395769
>Only time I've gotten it without freezing is on 1964 0.8.5
Wow haha. I honestly beleived this was a meme. Guess I'll actually try playing it and see if I can figure something out.

btw zilmar plans on improving compatibility in PJ64 after 2.3 is officially released. Feel free to send bug reports so that the wonderful team of experts can start tackling these issues.

>The game will freeze at any random point be it an hour or 25 seconds of play.
thanks, i'll keep that in mind
>>
>>146396462
>Feel free to send bug reports so that the wonderful team of experts can start tackling these issues.

"Experts" that don't even know how to create an RDP plugin from scratch, and an actual outsider completely puts to shit all their efforts within a few weeks where losers like Gonetz spent years forking mediocre existing plugins by Orkin without any visible progress.
>>
>>146396462
BT under 1964 0.8.5 will not have the random freezing other emulators do, it's still fairly buggy so expect a crash to happen now and again. Better be on the safe side and make a save state every 10 minutes or so.
>>
>>146396742
>"Experts" that don't even know how to create an RDP plugin from scratch,
Got proof?
>>
>>146394443
I don't hate or love byuu (I really don't like having to import a game library and shit in higan, but I use an earlier version of bsnes for my SNES emulation) but this screenshot always pisses me off. How could someone who codes cycle-accurate emulators come across as such a fucking retard?
>>
>>146397098

The "proof" is in the pudding.
>>
>>146397142

Because he didn't code them, blargg, anomie, and such guys did the majority of the work.

byuu's role in all that was no more significant or grand than SP's role, really, except for the single huge difference that SP doesn't steal your copyright and then prance around and act like 1) he did all this, and 2) that he has the copyright on everything and thus the rights to sell it.

Byuu is a massive fraud, and his latest 'deal' with Hyperkin only further solidfies that.
>>
>>146394443

> absolutely zero chance in hell i am ever writing a nintendo 64 emulator

> implying he could even if he wanted to

he'd have to know what an identity matrix is first, and acquire some basic triognomotry skills first. that, and quit acting like equations is some form of hieroglyphs that is impossible for you to understand.
>>
>>146397213
>The "proof" is in the pudding.
It's all speculation.. Maister's code hasn't been released yet, so it's too early to boast about that. You're also disregarding the fact that there's other things to be worked on rather than an RDP plugin..

>>146396742
>and an actual outsider completely puts to shit all their efforts within a few weeks where losers like Gonetz spent years forking mediocre existing plugins by Orkin without any visible progress.
You're stretching it way too far. First of all, vulkan is new.. You couldn't even code in Vulkan until recently. Second of all, there is clear visible progress in GLideN64. Lastly, the same criticism could be said for those who forked Glide64 :) .
>>
Is there a resource where I can check per-game compatibility with N64 games with GLideN64?
>>
File: scrot.jpg (99KB, 1392x820px) Image search: [Google]
scrot.jpg
99KB, 1392x820px
>>146266617

It's.. better. Sort of. The light still glitches out all the time, especially in the cutscenes.

It runs like garbage though. I was averaging about 25 fps in this teeny tiny shed.
>>
File: worried crash.png (122KB, 334x191px) Image search: [Google]
worried crash.png
122KB, 334x191px
>>146395575
>Someone's currently working on a port of Desmume for N3DS though.
>wanting 3fps gameplay
>>
>>146398298
It might work better if they can somehow implement it with the inbuilt DS emulator thing.
>>
>>146383081

I haven't looked at the mod queue today to approve and remove shit. Unless you went looking for their posts you wounldn't see that on the main thread. I removed it. Not like it had a chance in hell of being approved.
>>
I'm thinking of creating a database for PlayStation games to allow emulators (in my case rustation) to have a better auto-configuration and deal with crappy dump naming.

I'm thinking something like:

serial number
name
DualShock support
Multitap support (5players or 8 players)
Memory card support in slot 2
Pocketstation support
PS mouse
Lightgun (different types?)

Maybe a few other types of controllers (negcon...) if they don't just behave like a dualshock.

I don't propose to compile the entire database myself, it sounds like a soul crushing job, but hopefully if it's in a github repo people will help complete it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>146393704
Ugh I do feel bad for poking fun at SP as much as I did. Hes got problems, I shouldn't have messed with him.
>>
>>146400440
There's already a few out there, so grabbing info from them and parsing it to however you like shouldn't be too difficult I guess.
http://psxdatacenter.com/ntsc-u_list.html
>>
>>146400832

Yeah, openemu has a list of games supporting multitap and there's http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/zRF49VHD/file.html containing a pretty exhaustive list of serial numbers and game names (with a few names missing unfortunately).
>>
>>146398298
Never underestimate how stupid GBAtemp is. It's basically where knowledge goes to die. They legitimately think that it'll be the savior and bring them the .nds piracy they crave (but will never ever admit it), even though any other community would probably do a quick port of Desmume-libretro to say "Look, this is worthless and will never achieve decent speeds, the code will never help anyone in any other project, stop asking about a Desmume port, and move on with your lives. Just have your mom spend the $4 on a flashcart. She was willing enough to drop $200 on the system itself."

Look at this fucking thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/debate-poll-flashcards-vs-3desmume.430435/

> DS flashcards are cheap and very accurate, so let's not waste our time with emulation.
>19.8% 109 votes

> Why not both? 3DeSmume compliments, rather than competes against flashcards.
>47.4% 261 votes

> 3DeSmume will likely add extra features that hardware based playback cannot dream of. And it's FREE.
>17.6% 66 votes

>>146398432
The "inbuilt DS emulator" is the 3DS' ARM9 CPU. When you put an NDS cartridge into your 3DS and boot it, you're literally switching the 3DS into a DSi. It's the same thing as booting a GameCube disc on a Wii and entering GameCube mode. What you're suggesting is like trying to add save-state support to Nintendont. It's impossible.
>>
>>146400471
>He's got problems, I shouldn't have messed with him.

Do you think it's okay to make fun of people who don't have problems?
>>
File: iso where.png (14KB, 634x121px) Image search: [Google]
iso where.png
14KB, 634x121px
>download what the website says is an iso
>instead its two .bin files and a .cue file

What the hell is this and how am I supposed to play this with ePSXe?
>>
>>146401386
I wasn't sure how they were going about it but I did think that desmume was an odd route.
It'll probably be possible at some point to crack the DS mode and run DS roms through that though. Happened with Wii and GC, don't see why not with 3DS and DS.

>>146401781
That is correct. You want to run the .cue. ePSXe is also not the best thing to be using. I would suggest instead using mednafen via retroarch.
>>
>>146400471

"Reverend_Sins", some shitty loser "gaymer" manchild that thinks he has power by lording over some shitty subreddit, thinks he is an armchair psychologist capable of diagnosing people over the Internet.

Pot, kettle, black? Same goes for your buttbuddy Reddit admin too. Your only claim to fame is you can lord over a few insignificant nobody 'lusers' on some stupid 'reddit board'.
>>
>>146401781
.bin/.cue is the correct format for PSX games. Maybe you should read the wiki sometime?
>>
>>146401938
It just stops responding and crashes when I try to run the .cue file.
>>
>>146401475
No one should ever make fun of others but that isn't gonna happen. Making fun of someone acting like a jackass is one thing but picking on someone who is outing out because of issues is other.
>>
>>146401938
>It'll probably be possible at some point to crack the DS mode and run DS roms through that though. Happened with Wii and GC, don't see why not with 3DS and DS.
Smealum has already said that he hasn't poked around the TWL_FIRM of the 3DS too much, but he says that if someone put enough time into it, it's entirely possible to have the 3DS equivalent of Nintendont for DS games. What astounds me is that retards choose to COMPLETELY ignore the person who made this all possible and start porting CPU intensive emulators to a device that has a 200~mhz ARM CPU that needs to render two screens and think they're doing good for the community.
>>
>>146402142
Check that the .cue is correct. There's a section about it on the wiki somewhere. Alternatively get a copy from the PSX archive.org dump (links can also be found on the wiki).
>>
>>146400471

SP is not a tranny, not a guy who cut his dick in two, who pretends he is into 'platonc relationships', he is not a 'vagrant romhacker' like so many other freaks in this scene, and yet he is supposedly 'the guy with problems' to you?

Mind if you showed your mug pic so we can all see how much of an 'alpha male' you are? I am pretty sure if we ever saw your face, we saw a pathetic loser beta male with an ugly mug and two teeth left in his mouth who shouldn't have the right as to as much open his mouth.

How is life out there in that big glass house ?
>>
File: Annoyed Jew.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Jew.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>146401781
>ePSXe
>>
Whenever I charge my PS3 controller from my computer, I can't use it to play my PS3 with. I assume it's because it's acting as a controller for my computer. I tried disabling the driver but it didn't work. Any ideas?
>>
>>146401781

Get with the times, fucking scrub.
>>
>>146402316
Who said those other people don't have problems? Making fun of them for their problems would be pretty shitty too.
>>
>>146402745
Charge it from your ps3
>>
>>146402745
Turn on your PS3 and just plug it into the system to resync it
>>
>>146402745
>Whenever I charge my PS3 controller from my computer, I can't use it to play my PS3 with.
Yep, that's how it works.
>>
>>146402316
>pretends he is into 'platonc relationships'
who does that??
>>
>>146401781

bin/cue is what you need. Use mednafen for 2D games, no reason to bother with ePSXe.
>>
>>146402774

I will tell you who has problems.

A pathetic Reddit 'gaymer' overweight fatlord that needs to sit on a pathetic social media site all day as his only social outlet, and his only relative 'power' ( the only 'power' he will ever have in this world) is that he can moderate a few enduser 'lusers' much like himself on some subreddit barely above 3,000 subscribers.

Sounds like such a winner. This goes for both Reverend_Sins and that other loser, the one with the stupid nick.
>>
>>146402904
>>146402942
Yeah, that works, but I want to play while also charging, while also not sitting 2 feet away from my TV.

>>146402978
I don't remember it being like that.
>>
>>146402316
No doubt. I gots 2 teefs, a sweet mullet, my trailer is a double wide.

Do people really fall for the alpha/beta male insult? Its almost as bad as "yeah well I fucked your momma!"
>>
>>146403040

30.000 'readers', sorry. This is a failure by any metric on Reddit. I know of a crappy gamer subreddit that has about a million subreddits and they are not even trying.

Step your game up son if you want to play this 'social media' game.
>>
File: 15ftmicrousb.jpg (71KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
15ftmicrousb.jpg
71KB, 800x800px
>>146403162
>Yeah, that works, but I want to play while also charging, while also not sitting 2 feet away from my TV.
>>
>>146403040
>>146401989
Why don't you tell him that directly instead of anonymously talking shit behind his back like a bitchass coward you are
>>
>>146403162
monoprice, they USB extensions, and long ass USB cables for $1-2.
>I don't remember it being like that.
You remember wrong then.
>>
>>146403360

Meh, he can read the shit here, like everybody else. A punkass bitch like him shouldn't be catered to as if he is anything more than another reddit 'luser'.
>>
>>146403162
Turn off the driver for the USB port it's attached to.
>>
>>146403040

> 'gaymer' overweight fatlord that needs to sit on a pathetic social media site all day as his only social outlet,

And what are you doing?
>>
>>146403486
How old are you? Why are you even here? Do you ever talk about video games?
>>
>>146403580

I'm clowning your bitch ass, what else?

Isn't that pretty much what reddit 'lusers' are for?
>>
>>146401938
>>146403023
>mednafen
>click on .exe
>first time it dumps more folders into my directory
>second time it does nothing
Wait so do I actually need another program to actually run this application once I downloaded it?
This is weird as fuck.
>>
>>146403040
>>146402316

Rev Sins is indeed a faggot. SP has problems too though. Pretty much ALL the Emu Devs are total weirdos.
>>
>>146403667
True man too true. My bitch ass has be clowned so hard. Any "yo momma" jokes you wanna throw in?
>>
>>146403867
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Dummies_Guide:_RetroArch
>>
>>146403040
Please stop
>>
>>146403929

What are you doing here silly Reddit admin? Go back to Plebbit like a good plebeian, you don't belong here.
>>
>>146403867
You can run it with a commandline.
I suggest using retroarch and getting the mednafen-beetle core though.
>>
>>146403272
Emulation is pretty niche though
>>
>>146403985
>>146404074
Why doesn't the program just have it's own GUI?

>using command prompt to operate a program
Is this what using the internet before search engines was like?
>>
>>146404060
>muh tribalism

More folks than you realize post on both.
>>
>>146404060
Reddit admins are too busy taking part in vast SJW conspiracies (because /r/The_Donald told me so) to care about niche emulator forums
>>
>>146404268
The program works without needing a GUI.
I've suggested a GUI for you anyway. Use that, it has improvements over the standard anyway.
>>
>>146403486
I also asked why you're posting as anon you stupid fuck, it's as if you were afraid of actual confrontation with someone you consider a loser
>>
>>146404515
It just seems weird for a program to not have it's own GUI is all.
>>
Seriously why the FUCK is -anyone- wanting to talking about reverend sins and whoever the fuck else here? Fucking nobodies. Ask them and they will tell you they are nobodies.
>>
>>146404613

Very uncommon on windows but much more so on un*x land.
>>
>>146404613

RetroArch has a GUI, it's just not a WIMP GUI.

Not sure why you'd want it anyway, WIMPs are out of date stuff. Stuff like OpenEmu is not a WIMP UI either.
>>
>>146403585
>>146403913
this is SP you're replying to if you didn't notice
>>
>>146404337
No, anyone who isn't a cancerous redditard won't go there.
>>
>>146404738
>WIMPs are out of date

I don't want to live in your future.
>>
>>146404738
>RetroArch has a GUI
Yeah but I was talking about the base MEDNAFEN program.

>WIMP GUI
What?
>>
>>146404682

Yeah, let's talk about Mintyhalls instead.
>>
>>146404850
WIMP is for wimps :^)
>>
>>146404818
You would be surprised. Its not hard to figure out whos who.
>>
Any prevision on when 3ds emulation will be, well, good enough to play games?
>>
>RetroArch uses B to select and A to go back
What is this madness?
>>
>>146405573
>It's another thinly veiled "Why can't I pirate 3DS games yet?" episode
>>
>>146405573
Not in 3d
>>
>>146405762
Nobody cares about 3D.
>>
File: Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg (3MB, 3700x2080px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Famicom-Controller.jpg
3MB, 3700x2080px
>>146405619
Anon, this is an 18+ website
>>
>>146405682
desu I just wanted to check if pokemon is ruined forever.
>>
>>146405619
It assumes you have a SNES type controller. Set it normally and then remap per core/game as necessary.
>>
>>146405880
>Asking about 3DS emulation
>Immediately goes to Pokemon
Wow, what a post! I bet nobody saw this coming!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>146405619
It makes sense if you use a dualshock. X is a pretty common "cancel" type button.
>>
>>146406018
I never said it would be something original, no need to get triggered.
>>
>>146405880
Pokemon stopped being good after gen 1.
>>
>>146405870
You now realize people born in 1998 are turning 18 now
>>
>>146406232
Pokemon was never good.
That still doesn't stop me from playing every single one of them.
>>
>>146405870
But I am 18. Born in 1997

>>146406052
But it feels so weird, your hand naturally rests on X, O is off to the side, it makes more sense to have the natural position be accept and you have to move to go back.
>>
>>146405880

Pokemon was "ruined" a long, long time ago.

You cancerous piece of worm-riddled shit.
>>
>>146406327
It's only a matter of time till kids born after 9/11 are allowed to post here.
>>
>>146406232
>being a Genwunner
>>
>>146406232
And you can't give me a single good reason to back up that statement except for "I played it when I was an impressionable child and the nostalgia compels me to say stupid bullshit"
>>
>>146406454

It's only a matter of time till kids born next year are allowed to post here.
>>
>>146405573
Needs a dynarec, which no one is currently working on, so no way to gauge when things will be playable.
>>146405762
3D isn't hard to implement. Anaglyph 3D has already been done.
>>
>>146406453
What about castlevania & metroid stuff, is it cancer for you?
>>
>>146406450

X is cancel.

O is accept.

[ ] is for menus.

/_\ Is for options.

Now, this semantic scheme pretty quickly became universally ignored (in fact they swapped X and O when they brought the Playstation overseas to us Amerifats). But that was the original intent.
>>
>>146406823
Why didn't they just switch places of the O and the X? That would be more comfy.
>>
>>146406481
>>146406498

Gen II was the last good one. After that they started recycling shit (and cutting features, of all retarded things). By Gen IV there was nothing substantial left. Hell, the only nice things about Gen. III are the Pokemon designs and the graphics; everything else is recycled or inferior.
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (15KB, 471x253px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
15KB, 471x253px
Okay so using ePSXe it crashed when I tried to load the .cue file.

Now RetroArch I've downloaded the PSX core, then made sure I had my PS1 bios in the system folder, and now it still crashes when I try to load my .cue file.

At least it's an actual error message now and not just "has stopped responding" like ePSXe did.
>>
>>146407314
Make sure you have the right bios files. Get them from the wiki.
>>
>>146407162
Gen IV wasn't that bad because it introduced the physical/special split, and had the actual best games in the series, Heart Gold and Soul Silver
>>
>>146407314
>>146407392

Make sure your game dump is good, too.
>>
>>146407035

I would rather they had just kept the original Japanese semantics. But, who the hell am I?
>>
>>146406450

It's only natural to you because you're used to it. Many older consoles had the A button on the right, where B is on the Xbox controller. The japanese PlayStation games have O to confirm and X to cancel, they just changed it in NA and EU releases for some reason (and not for some games like MGS and FFVII).
>>
>>146407518
Did that only come in in gen4? Didn't realise that. Very good addition since it makes a lot of moves more useful than they were before.
>>
>>146407392
Just to make sure by system directory it means the "system" folder right, not just the RetroArch folder itself right?

Should I put in all the PSX bios or just the American bios?

>>146407671
What?
>>
>>146407794
Yeah, that's why competitive Pokemon battling was non-existent until Gen IV.

No, it wasn't because of the Wi-Fi. That just made it easier. People were using IRC bots to battle online since at least Gen 2
>>
>>146407978
Put them all in. System folder, yeah.
>>
>>146407978
>Should I put in all the PSX bios or just the American bios?
Download the RetroArch BIOS pack.
>>
>>146407518

I'm not counting remakes at all, mang. And improving game mechanics in a game that is now as compelling as watching smeared hobo shit dry on my living room wall means precisely dick
>>
>>146407978
Put in all three BIOS files just because why not, and yes you put them in the system folder.

If it still doesn't work after that, open your Retroarch settings, go to directory settings, and make sure that the BIOS folder is pointed at the system folder.

If it still doesn't work after that, go to our wiki, then re-download your game from the archive.org PSX ReDump set.

If it still doesn't work after that, your computer is self-aware and just doesn't want to work.
>>
>>146408074
>>146408254
Do the PSX bios need to be renamed to scph550x.bin if I'm using RetroArch with the mednafen PSX core or is it just for the standalone version of mednafen?

>>146408092
I did, the bios are just segregated in their own folders by region.
Actually I just realized that I only downloaded the PSX bios, downloading that pack now.
>>
>>146408254
If it doesn't work after that then get the superior version of the game on PSP and run it using PPSSPP.

>>146408380
Yes, it needs to be called the right thing.
>>
>>146406821

No. Castlevania I never thought one way or the other on, and if you're a Metroid fan I just feel plain _bad_ for you, son- Nintendo bent Samus over and fucked her from both ends 'till she screamed with that horrible Wii game.
>>
>>146408682
Metroid Prime 3 wasn't that bad :^)
>>
File: 1349581187166.png (116KB, 1134x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1349581187166.png
116KB, 1134x1063px
>>146408682
Daily reminder that Metroid fans used to be able to say "Metroid Fusion is easily agreed upon to be the worst Metroid game in the series, and it's not even that bad of a game".
>>
>>146408791

It would've been great without those gimmick controls desu

and maybe online multiplayer
>>
>>146408461
Okay so now I have the whole RetroArch bios thingy and dropped it in the right folder it's done and done? and I don't need to mess with any of the new folders in there like Databases, dc, Machines or PPSSPP, just leave them as they are?
>>
>>146409018
No, that's fine. Just play the game. If you press f8 while playing then you get core options and can mess with things like internal resolution increases and per core configurations.

>>146408973
I actually think shooters work really well on the wii, especially if they use WM+
>>
File: RetroArch-0623-155743.png (960KB, 1329x997px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0623-155743.png
960KB, 1329x997px
>>146408254
I have the right bios it worked this time.

Oh shit it's 4:3 aspect ratio.
>>
>>146409272
f8 takes a screenshot.
>>
>>146409367
You can change that by going to the settings .txt file and changing the aspect ratio from 1 to 1.7777777778. I'm not on my main PC at the moment so I can't tell you exactly what the setting is called. Might have the word viewport in it.

>>146409541
Oh well. See if you can find the right button for core config then, it's f8 for me.
>>
>>146394880
Shitting on emudevs, refactoring code snippets and dreaming about the ultimate API.

>>146394226
>>146394443
>>146397142

I would argue that anyone "hating" or simply getting triggered by someone because of his opinions about emulator development or your favorite video games has kinda autistic issues as well.
>>
Is the game supposed to start with fighting Dracula while you're invincible? This seems weird.

Top notch voice acting by the way.
>>
>>146410005
JESUS CHRIST IT'S LIKE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES AS WELL AS EMULATION
>>
>>146410405
Chill out man, it's my first time ever playing a Playstation game.
>>
>>146410610
At least you picked a great place to start.
>>
>>146409916
hi, byuu
>>
File: 1465160272315[2].gif (221KB, 561x560px) Image search: [Google]
1465160272315[2].gif
221KB, 561x560px
>>146407314
>ePSXe
>>
>>146411403

Posting a reaction image from the Bravo network says more about you than it could ever possibly say about the other guy, Anon.
>>
>>146411578
>>146402426
>ePSXe is still recommended on the wiki
>>
>>146411628
The fact that you even know what that is says a lot more about you than a guy you probably just saved that from 4chan.
>>
>>146409916

> Shitting on emudevs

I hope by that you don't mean "code thief and attention whore" byuu by that, or the talentless hack that forks an existing GL plugin known as Gonetz.
>>
>>146412057
>I hope by that you don't mean "code thief and attention whore" Squarepusher by that, the talentless hack that forks existing emulators and drops them after a few weeks leaving them in a broken state

ftfy
>>
>>146412056

Watermark is right on the GIF, stupid-acre.
>>
>>146412056
It has a tumblr filename. And there's "Bravo" overlay on the lower right.
>>
>>146412738

Plus the fact that Bravo is a standard part of every TV Cable package everywhere since forever.

I'd be more surprised if someone _hadn't_ heard of it.
>>
>>146412548

LOL, found a byuu buttcrack licker.

Hi byuu. How's the 'platonic relationships' going? Lulz.
>>
>>146412897
I haven't heard of it. I don't watch TV though.
>>
>>146412897
>TV Cable
I haven't watched television for more than 10 years now. I'm a filthy millennial at 23 however.
>>
>>146413206

If you have a Netflix subscription, you watch TV.
>>
>>146413393

I'd cord-cut, but my mom won't have it.
>>
>>146413393
Why waste money on the electric jew when anything on television is available on the internet?
>>
>>146413509
If you have a Netflix subscription, you support DRM as well.
>>
>>146414568
There's nothing wrong with DRM.
>>
File: RetroArch-0623-164817.png (446KB, 1329x997px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0623-164817.png
446KB, 1329x997px
>ceiling says "cd"
What could it mean?

Also what are the hearts for? I have 50 of them now.
>>
>>146414681
Okay, just don't come back crying when you won't be able to run unsigned software on your goddamn PC in a few years.
>>
>>146414681
Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>146413509
I don't have a Netflix subscription.

And at least with Netflix there's no commercials and you have to choose to watch trash.

Regular TV makes me actually angry when I happen to watch it.
>>
>>146414969
Are you trolling?
>>
>>146414568
>>146414681
>>146415108

Produce superior content without DRM or it's all bunk.
>>
>>146415454
Why would I be trolling?
>>
>>146416065

Evidently all the cool kids know Castlevania.

So of course it never interested me.
>>
File: tumblr_nsmyuoplqj1qjs7cno1_540.gif (2MB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsmyuoplqj1qjs7cno1_540.gif
2MB, 540x301px
>>146411628
>>
>>146416575

Hi mooch. Put your trip back on so we can torment you some more. :^)
>>
>>146416220
Huh, I only know about it because of reading about Psycho Mantis in MGS1 and a few references to it from Metroid related things, I never thought it was really that big, just seemed like some Japanese game only a few people cared about.

So what are the hearts for? They aren't refilling my health or anything.
>>
https://github.com/daeken/emugen
>>
>>146416878

No clue. The second I learned it was Endless Japanese Bram Stoker's Dracula I lost interest.
>>
>>146417186
What?
>>
>>146417150
>https://github.com/daeken/beetle-psx-libretro/commits/master
Neat.
>>
>>146414969

I think the CD is just pointing out it's a loading area.

The hearts are currency of some sort IIRC.
>>
File: 1328934260338.gif (2MB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1328934260338.gif
2MB, 300x199px
>Using XEBRA
>Playing Silent Hill
>Everything is fine the past few days
>Try to play it today
>Every time I skip the intro cs, it acts like I'm holding Up so I can't select anything since it just keeps going through the menu options at 50 mph

What have I done to deserve this
>>
>>146418402
Hearts aren't currency, they're ammo for your sub weapons like the knife or holy water.
>>
>>146418632

Ah sorry, I haven't played that game in a while. I should try to finish Castelvania 1 one of these days.
>>
File: 1452607678831.png (2KB, 100x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452607678831.png
2KB, 100x200px
>wiki says no more malware in PJ64
>try to download 2.2
>Chrome blocks it
>download anyway
>Avira blocks it
I'm not going for a third strike.
>>
>>146416878
Google does exist, you know. http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Heart
>>
>>146403303
PS3 uses mini USB, but your intent is recognized.
>>
>>146418474
>XEBRA
>>
>>146419061
>This faggot doesn't want to be out
>>
>>146417476

Nigger, have you never even read the Cliff-Notes version of the original Dracula?
>>
>>146418402

It's proll just a reference to the fact they're proud-as-all-shit it's on Compact Disc.
>>
File: shitmemes.jpg (86KB, 760x800px) Image search: [Google]
shitmemes.jpg
86KB, 760x800px
>>146419061
>Project64 v2.2
>File Date: 01 Apr 2015
>>
>>146419854
No, nor do I have any idea what
>Endless Japanese Bram Stoker's Dracula
means
>>
>>146418474
>What have I done to deserve this
You didn't read the fucking wiki, faggot.
>>
>>146420110

Oh, you're fucking stupid, then! I'm sorry...I didn't realize. Life must be difficult.
>>
>>146420415

I'm not him, I've read Bram Stocker's Dracula not very long ago and I don't have any idea what you're talking about either.
>>
>>146420590

Stoker*
>>
>>146383081
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php?title=Computer_specs&curid=208&diff=10812&oldid=8658
>>
>>146420415
Man I wish I had the authority to declare people stupid based on whether they've read ancient books or not.
>>
>>146420590

Castlevania is just the Japanese videogame take on Dracula. The "Endless" part refers to the fact that (from what little I've investigated) the vampiric little fucker keeps coming back for every sequel, even though you'd think they'd have done the job of finishing him proper by the second game at most.
>>
>>146421061

BASED
>>
>>146421354

The 1800s is not ancient.
>>
File: 1462861390343.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462861390343.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>146421434
>caring about story in video games
>>
>>146421061

>GPUs are basically just hundreds of underpowered CPUs on the same die. Or you can think of it as a 300 core CPU.

That's not a very accurate thing to say.

>File compression/extraction and bitcoin mining are also good examples of programs that can make use of parallel processing.

File compression/extraction is not a very good example, many compression algorithms cannot easily be parallelized.

>Dwarf Fortress for example can't make use of a graphics card, because every calculation it does is dependent on the one done before it.

Ground control to major tom, your circuit's dead, there's something wrong.
>>
>>146421608

>thinking story doesn't matter

Typical nigger.
>>
>>146421689
>>That's not a very accurate thing to say.

Then edit it to be accurate
>>
>>146421689
So rewrite it, fag.
>>
>>146421689

Whoever wrote that section of the Wiki just needs to be frogmarched out to a field and shot.
>>
>>146421905
>>146421883

>wanting any part of wikifaggotry

Provided he's stupid enough to try it, his first edit war will cure him.
>>
>>146422160
>implying edit wars are common on emugen wiki
>>
>>146422160
>tfw I wrote that as a post ITT and someone just copied it

I picked pretty bad examples because I just thought of the first thing that came to my head, but nothing is really "wrong" even if it's maybe very misleading.
>>
How many people have been coming here since before 2013?
>>
>>146422740
Sorry to intrude on your secret club.
>>
any way to rip GC games directly onto my computer instead of going through modding my wii?
>>
>>146423030
Sort of.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-howto-dump-wii-or-gamecube-games-with-pc-no-wii-needed

I'm going to assume you have tremendously slow Internet and can't just download proper dumps.
>>
>>146423265
You are correct. Sort of. My internet is capped.
>>
>>146423265
>only works on very specific cd drives

alright. Whats the best way to analyze my disk drive? I have ultimate boot cd lying around somewhere so maybe that can tell me.
>>
File: 1414258691847.gif (514KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1414258691847.gif
514KB, 431x450px
>>146383081
>>146384609

<mooch> whoever rejected my reddit post, FUCK YOU
* mooch (mooch@user/mooch) has left (Leaving)
>>
>>146423867
Where did this happen?
>>
>>146424018

irc.snoonet.org #emulation.
>>
>>146423867
>no variants of kill yourself
Guess he's getting a tiny bit better.
>>
>>146422740
I remember the first emugen thread

https://foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/10450/#10450
>>
>>146424284
Ha, I remember copying and pasting all of that info and making sure it all looked nice when making new threads.
>>
>>146383389
>Does it work on Linux?
Yes, but currently GLideN64 has a rather nasty texture corruption bug that randomly corrupts transparent textures.

>>146393740
>Call me when Banjo Tooie can be perfectly emulated without any freezing issues.
BT's anti-piracy method was reverse engineered, and a new system was added to PJ64 2.x to handle it to replace the old one. The game should not be freezing.
>>
>>146422740
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1au6Mu4NCcvfSM0WRriL5qMvCR1Xf6w5jkRwvsidxdrQ/pub?output=html
>>
>>146425756
Now there's a blast from the past I never expected to see again
>>
>>146383081

Reverend is being surprisingly patient.
>>
>>146385819
Your logic is flawed because all the plugins are open source and people can fork them directly into their emulators if they want.
>>
File: _laughinggirlpuchimas1378(...).gif (189KB, 165x208px) Image search: [Google]
_laughinggirlpuchimas1378(...).gif
189KB, 165x208px
>>146383081
>And before you bring up turtles blog post, I did NOT approve that shit.
>>
>>146424284

There were some threads /v/ before /vg/ was made

also

https://foolz.fireden.net/v/thread/129720621/#129729648
>>
File: TENNIS.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TENNIS.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
I'm starting to get the feeling some people will never be pleased with GLideN64 no matter how fast or accurate it becomes.
>>
>pretty much can't post anything to /r/ emulation anymore

What a shit hole. Rev Sins is a fat fedora freak on a power trip.
>>
>>146428493
u mad, mooch?
>>
> And before you bring up turtles blog post, I did NOT approve that shit.

Hearing about famed emuDev Derek "Turtle" Roe's debilitating testicular pain is essential news in the world of emulation. Without him, entire projects would collapse. Only Turtle's guidance, and release of secret documents, can we achieve high accuracy.
>>
>>146426945
Until it provides perfect accuracy at full speed on minimal specs, no one SHOULD be happy. That's how progress works.
>>
>>146428493
It seems like being a mod is just a glorified janitor and baby sitter.
>>
>>146428925
yet ppl r happy with Dolhin Smh..
>>
>>146419061
you should correct the wiki *malware until version 2.3
>>
>>146428631
Mooch is just an angry kid who wants to act out and is mad because he isn't getting the attention he wants.
>>
>>146430318
/fixed
>>
>>146429876
Not the people concerned with progress.
Stop being such a salty sally.
>>
>>146426669
Does anyone remember the JRPG generals? They had a google spreadsheet like this. I miss those.
>>
>>146431717
Yes. What the fuck happened to those threads?
>>
>>146431824
I stopped visiting vg for like three months, came back and they were gone. Never saw one since.
>>
https://twitter.com/emugentxt/status/745856274336722944
>>
>>146407162
Gen II is the most overrated generation. Boring region and Pokemon.
>>
How can I record videos with PCSX2? When I record something, I get two files from it. One video file, which I can watch with Windows Media Player, and one sound .wav, which I can listen to with Windows Media Player.

But how can watch the video with sound together?
>>
>>146426945
Maybe people would be pleased if Gontez fixed the OpenGL compatibility issues and if zilmar-sama blessed GLideN64 with his amazing talent.
>>
>>146433578
Use OBS.
>>
>>146433946
OBS is choppy for me. Using the build PCSX2 recording would the best because otherwise I get slow down when emulating while recording.
>>
>>146434196
>>146433578
NVM - I already found the solution with good old VLC
>>
>>146432157

Nah. :^)
>>
File: hd td.png (943KB, 1080x647px) Image search: [Google]
hd td.png
943KB, 1080x647px
how does one take high res screenshots like this in citra? i just got it and i have no idea what i am doing. there's two screens and they don't get very big even when i resize the window.
>>
>>146439720
Also how do I remap the controls? The input options don't have anything.
>>
>>146439720
Build with the frame_layouts branch.
>>146439907
Build with the input-gui-rebase branch.
>>
>>146440390
I have no idea what any of that means ;_;
Is there a guide for that somewhere?
>>
>>146440537
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Building-For-Windows

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/1753
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/1900
>>
>>146435304
Well shit... Turns out I can apperently only record with this while having slow ass gameplay...

Any solution for this? Iwant to record at normal speed.
>>
>>146441550
Thanks!
>>
>>146441808
Try Shadowplay if you can, or Afterburner.

Or fiddle with your recording settings, and turn down things in PS2 (like if you're running at 8K or something dumb)
>>
Are there any decent shaders for GBA games? Every LCD filter I've used looks like shit.
>>
>>146442339
I already have fraps, but these recording softwares cause performance loss for me while playing.
In MAME for example, there also is a build in replay function with no performance loss at all. Why does this shitty PCSX2 not have this?
>>
>>146444485
Because arcade games are not very demanding on your hardware.

>I already have fraps, but these recording softwares

Does this mean you've tried them all?
>>
>>146444795
I've tried Fraps (which is the most popular) and OBS. OBS gives even bigger framedrops for me.
I doubt there is a performance friendlier one, otherwise I probably would have heard of it.
>>
>>146444926
You should really try either shadowplay or raptr, whichever comes with your drivers (nvidia/amd).

What are you recording for, anyway?
>>
>>146445660
Ok, I've tried this raptr now, but it's way too complicated, and doesn't seem to recognize PCSX2 games for me. No idea how to record with this.

>What are you recording for, anyway?
I play shmooting games and want to record some replays on PCSX2.
>>
>>146447182
It should. Try reading the help docs, if there are any. Emulators aren't usually recognized as real games, so they have to be added manually sometimes.

Otherwise, looks like you're just going to have to lower the gameplay and recording quality until your computer can handle it.
>>
>>146447984
I tried adding games manually in raptr, but it only gave me options from a list of games I don't even have.

I also already tried lowering quality, but fraps doesn't get any lower and when I lower resolution in PCSX2 the framerate somehow stays the same.
>>
>>146424284
https://foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/10450/#q16603

Aah, the first SSNES/RetroArch "shill" post.

I'd have ignored it at the time, and in fact did, until the lure of CRT shaders drew me in. I've yet to be able to get off the ride.
>>
File: scrot2.jpg (98KB, 862x905px) Image search: [Google]
scrot2.jpg
98KB, 862x905px
>>146448396
So you don't see these options? I don't have the application, so I don't know if it's changed since this was written.

Something else to try is overclocking software like MSI's Afterburner, which has video recording.
>>
>>146448729
I used this option and it only gave me a list of games I don't even have. I couldn't really manually add a game, I could just chose games from their list of games.

I guess I'll just have to go with fraps, even if it's not perfect for me, it's still playable.
>>
>>146450139
You just need to edit some list, apparently.

www.sabernova.com/2013/06/forcing-raptr-to-detect-games.html
>>
File: 1410606060582.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1410606060582.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Anyone seeing this nerd fight? The ass-pain in unbelievable.
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/3899
>>
>>146452487
Wow someone actually attacking Lioncash for some reason
>>
File: 1410435360992.gif (845KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1410435360992.gif
845KB, 300x300px
>>146453213
After Carl said that dumb shit I'm surprised Lioncash didn't reply with a shitpost full of memes.
>>
>>146419061
Yeah, sorry. That was my fault. I jumped the gun on that one. I kept forgetting to change it to mention 2.3.
2.3 when?
>>
>>146452487
That asshole reminds me of every angry shit stain that cries about having their retarded post on reddit removed. Fuck that guy.

>youre a tyrant! youre on a power trip!!! Im gonna call you names but you are rude!!
>>
File: 20.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>
File: RetroArch-0617-001556.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0617-001556.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>
>>146409272
MP3 had absolutely perfect motion controls imo. somehow they managed to pull it off without motionplus
>>
Does anyone have that 4 year old dolphin fork that can emulate wiimotion plus? I really want to play Skyward Sword, but modern dolphin doesn't support plus emulation and all the old links are dead and I'm sure as shit not spending $40+ bucks on a wiimote and adapter that I'm only going to use for one game.
>>
>>146454170
what game?
>>
>>146458729
That's Xenoblade Chronicles
>>
>>146452487
topkek, they fucking b& him
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-carlkenner-got-banned-complaints-thread?pid=412917#pid412917
>>
Dolphin 5.0 came out about 15 minutes ago. Has anyone tried it out yet?
>>
>>146463039
Shader cache generation stutter / 10
>>
Now when is PCSX2 getting an update that makes it not shit
>>
>>146463039
Call me when Ishiiruka 5.0 comes out
>>
>>146466706
The dev builds aren't that bad right now are they?
>>
File: pcsx2 poop.jpg (316KB, 1920x1034px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 poop.jpg
316KB, 1920x1034px
>>146466706
When they rewrite 60% of the emulator
>>
>>146466925
I just want to play Ratchet and Clank man
>>
>>146466950
>>146466939
Psychic powers: Activate!
>>
>>146466925
Shit gets fixed and other shit breaks, wouldn't count on anything good happening before GSdx gets rewritten.
>>
>>146467021
>before GSdx gets rewritten
So is someone working on that, or is this just a pipe dream?
>>
>>146467080
They're planning on doing it, but that doesn't mean much.
>>
>>146467080
Yeah, the OpenGL version of it is mostly new code so a lot of shit works in it.
>>146466706
I'm really looking forward to this update, hopefully it'll make some games look way less ass.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1427
>>
File: trigger-warning.png (1MB, 1495x1120px) Image search: [Google]
trigger-warning.png
1MB, 1495x1120px
>>
File: aa78.png (1MB, 1928x1088px) Image search: [Google]
aa78.png
1MB, 1928x1088px
>>146469130
bmf_final2 palette master race reporting in
>>
what's difference on Dolphin 5.0
can my toaster laptop finally run it?

i3 2330m
Geforce GT520m
with 6GB RAM
>>
>>146471883
Simple software updates will not magically make your toaster run Dolphin at full speed. Get a better computer.
>>
File: ........jpg (42KB, 252x415px) Image search: [Google]
........jpg
42KB, 252x415px
>>146471883
>>
>>146471883
>64-bit CPUs and Operating Systems are required.
>Windows XP is no longer supported. Windows Vista is no longer officially supported.
>Direct3D10/OpenGL3 Required. This means AMD Radeon 4xxx, NVIDIA GeForce 8xxx, or Intel HD 2xxx minimum! Anything older than that will most likely not work or will have significant glitches.
>>
>>146467202
>I'm really looking forward to this update, hopefully it'll make some games look way less ass.
Apparently not though. It's worse than the old hack at the moment.
>>
>SP supports Brexit

Nice
>>
File: RetroArch-0624-150305.png (1MB, 1495x1120px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0624-150305.png
1MB, 1495x1120px
>>
>Dolphin 5.0
Vulkan soonâ„¢?
>>
File: db.png (115KB, 1440x852px) Image search: [Google]
db.png
115KB, 1440x852px
So I thought that since it's possible that non-technical people might want to contribute I thought that maybe using github might not be the best place to compile my database.

Maybe a google doc? Something like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15QcJgfu1rXJgrzCO6mbrdy87lH_drMJWUOKZayBDtY8/edit?usp=sharing

I don't know, what do normal people use? Or am I the only one who cares about this DB anyway and I should just do my thing?
>>
>>146478979
>>146480807
/emugen/ is pretty dead. That or everyone is actually emulating.
>>
>>146479336
There's Playstation Datacenter already
>>
>>146466831
this
there are no disadvantages to using ishiiruka
>>
>>146481090

You mean http://psxdatacenter.com/ntsc-u_list.html ?

There seem to be a lot of info here but not in a very machine-friendly format. I want a DB that's usable by emulators. I guess I could try crawling this website and standardizing the data but it sounds like a chore.
>>
File: RetroArch-0624-200811.png (1MB, 1465x1120px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0624-200811.png
1MB, 1465x1120px
>>
>>146385024
>Is Angrylion+Vulkan the savior of N64 emulation?
Nope. Angrylion alone already saved N64 emulation. Vulkan's not even portable, so only new hardware can use it..
>>
Dolphin's status update posts make it look like one of the best managed projects I have _ever_ seen, open source or closed. Really incredible work.
>>
>>146492172
Why is this emulator so well organized and polished compared to some other emulator projects? They do such great technical write ups, but I'd love to see one about how they manage the project.
>>
>>146491236
My five year old card supports Vulkan.

You could probably pick up a Vulkan card for like $50.
>>
File: DW4.png (202KB, 1040x806px) Image search: [Google]
DW4.png
202KB, 1040x806px
So the game emulates nearly perfectly but for some reason this part has borked video
The strange part is it works if I view it from endings menu
It also only happens in hardware mode
Any idea what is happening or how to fix it?
Dynasty Warriors 4 by the way
>>
Does D3D12 really help with slow games in dolphin?
>>
Why do seemingly no emulators support headerless nes roms?
>>
>>146493924
Oh no!
>>
>>146494048
There's higan, kinda.
>>
>>146487090
Wut filter?
>>
>>146493352
I'd rather use that money to donate to a hard working emudev who doesn't require new hardware.
>>
>>146494048
Don't all the libretro cores support them?
>>
>>146494020
also why don't the stables come in archives like all the development releases?
>>
>>146487090
Can NES color palettes be considered a form of racism?
>>
>>146495761
#purplebricklivesmatter
>>
File: 1801823383432.png (1MB, 3344x888px) Image search: [Google]
1801823383432.png
1MB, 3344x888px
Goddamn, Dolphin 5.0 works well. Check this shit out.
>>
>>146498648
What am I supposed to see
>>
>>146498648
>resolution increase
>improvement in emulator itself
???
>>
>>146487090

easymode halation
>>
How do hell do you use that ES_LAUNCH shit on Dolphin?
To use the Wii Menu?
>>
>>146498942

The boxes around the character icons seem slightly more consistent in the right image, not sure that's what we're supposed to see though.
>>
>>146498648
That is.... impressive?
>>
>>146498648
>Funky looks less aliased
>characters and boxes looks much easier on the eyes
>generally everything looks easier on the eyes
Neat. Eagerly waiting for that Vulkan backend, I'd love to have an alternative to openGL.
>>
File: a.gif (66KB, 325x306px) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
66KB, 325x306px
>>146498648
Did you just turn up the internal resolution?
>>
>>146500092
>Eagerly waiting for that Vulkan backend
I thought they weren't doing one because muh AZDO.
>>
>>146500340
Check their 5.0 update.
>>
>>146500340
>>146500378
>This should be considered more of a wishlist than any guarantees.
Welp.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (136KB, 893x653px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
136KB, 893x653px
At what point can emulation appear identical to the source?
>>
>>146500557
What?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (2MB, 1918x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
2MB, 1918x1079px
>>146501013
When a game (or more so its hardware) can be indistinguishable.

Basically if you couldn't see the hardware, you'd never know.
>>
File: RetroArch-0624-231659.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0624-231659.png
2MB, 1280x960px
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>146501329
Isn't there a retranslation fan mod? Why not play that?
>>
>>146500378
Why did they drop Vista?
What does 7 have over it?
>>
> <squarepus> anyway somebody that doesn’t release source - well - he can brag about it
Funny coming from the guy who's bragging about their vulkan plugin Smh...
>>
>>146501412
Creative liberties. He gave Cait Sith a scottish accent, and also gave all characters, terms and items their original kana names, failing completely to understand what a localization is. He "corrected" Moogle, changing it back to "Moguri", the unlocalized kana name in the original.

TL;DR: It's bad, misses the point entirely and destroys the charm of the original script. Not a nostalgia fag.
>>
>>146501787
>no context
>>
>>146501891
I'm surprised DLPB didn't reintroduce Japanese honorifcs, since they were in the original as well.
>>
>>146501976
<squarepus> the RDP bottleneck is completely eliminated with this
<squarepus> what remains is the RSP as a bottleneck
<squarepus> mupen64 yet lacks a recompiler for the RSP - but a guy we got
into contact with is working on a generic recompiler system
<squarepus> and we are probably going to let that generate the
interpreter and the dynarec code for the RSP
<marathonm> someone's already written one
<marathonm> fyi
<marathonm> he just doesn't want to be known
<marathonm> maybe this is the same person
<squarepus> probably legendofdragoon
<squarepus> anyway somebody that doesn’t release source - well - he can
brag about it
<squarepus> but at the same time it might as well not exist

Smh at the hypocrisy
>>
>>146502275
Reading that it makes me realize how shitty of a programmer I am.
>>
>>146502329
At-least you're not mooch.
>>
>>146501787
haha, I just realized we could call SP "squarepussy". funny.
>>
>>146502539
That's not really funny.

Also
>we
>>
>>146500140
>>146499106
>>146498942
Yes, I am just showing the internal resolution addition and how it improves the game as a whole. I shoulda clarified. It makes Wii/GCN games look much, MUCH better and passable. I'm happy they won't look like blurry messes anymore. Here's another example of how much it makes games look better. I love it.
>>
>>146502539
this would be the greatest thing ever!
because it has pussy in the name.
so hilarious.
>>
>>146502885

Actually the concept of a rectangular vagina is fucking hysterical.

Perhaps your concept of humor is lacking?
>>
>>146503070
I'm greatly offended by this, having a rectangular vagina myself. Only Mega Bloks can satisfy me.
>>
>>146503034
Are you sure it's a new feature? Did Dolphin 4.0 really not let you change the internal resolution?
>>
>>146503316
No, as far as I remember the version I was previously using only used resolution for window size. That, and it was also advertised as a new feature in the 5.0 video.
>>
>>146503034
They skipdrawing blur filters?
>>
File: scrot.jpg (139KB, 941x866px) Image search: [Google]
scrot.jpg
139KB, 941x866px
>>146503487
>>
>>146503883
did you decrease the internal resolution of your windows system or something
>>
>>146504275
Even if they did, it would only show up in the "Display Resolution" setting. The Internal Resolution is entirely separate.
>>
File: scrot.jpg (82KB, 485x744px) Image search: [Google]
scrot.jpg
82KB, 485x744px
>>146504538
[forgot image]
>>
>>146504538
I mean the image quality
>>
>>146505015
The internal resolution is the "image quality".
>>
>>146505015
Oh, if you're talking about the screenshots, I just grabbed them off some old Youtube guide.
>>
>>146502275

That was supposed to be a private correspondence, oh well, look how much marathonman's word is worth I guess.

Won't happen again.
>>
>>146506531
>That was supposed to be a private correspondence, oh well, look how much marathonman's word is worth I guess.
>Won't happen again.
You've been exposed m8. wfp. So much for building bridges.
>>
>>146506531
>supposed to be a private

Why would it matter? You shouldn't be saying things if you have a problem with the average person hearing you.

Like, "Fucking sandniggers. Oh sorry that was supposed to be private. I'm not actually racist."
>>
>>146501329

try re2 with that setup.
>>
>>146506785

None of you are worth building any bridges with since none of you losers managed to build anything in all these years of N64 emulation.

CEN64 is still a complete piece of trash with most of his source lifted from angrylion and oman.

Why should I be building 'bridges' with any of you when you barely put anything on the table?
>>
>>146506973
>CEN64 is still a complete piece of trash with most of his source lifted from angrylion and oman.
Maister's work is based on Angrylion's.

>None of you are worth building any bridges with since none of you losers managed to build anything in all these years of N64 emulation.
The devs you trash talk have all done more than you. zilmar, Gonetz, MM, LoD, etc.

>Why should I be building 'bridges' with any of you when you barely put anything on the table?
You still haven't even fixed Pilot Wing's shadows. You're nothing more than a meme at this point.
>>
>>146507279
>The devs you trash talk have all done more than you. zilmar, Gonetz, MM, LoD, etc.

Oh they have done so much, ransacking the oman archives like that.
>>
File: Dolphin_2016-06-24_23-44-57.png (918KB, 1281x663px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin_2016-06-24_23-44-57.png
918KB, 1281x663px
I've been trying to set up some sort of netplay for Crystal Chronicles since 5.0's just came out

I sussed out how to do 4 player locally but it lagged like a bitch, though for some reason I haven't figured out why netplay wont accept a VBA link from either player during connection.

I think it'll be easier to just meet up irl with 4 GBAs and a Gamecube
>>
>>146507279
>The devs you trash talk have all done more than you.
>Gontez
holy shit you can't be serious
>>
>>146507825
Yeah netplay isn't going to happen. TGameboys have zero latency tolerance, emulators can barely manage linking on the same system.
>>
>>146506973
Goddamn who invited Squarepusher here again.
>>
File: RetroArch-0625-004701.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0625-004701.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>146506910
Early, boring screenshot because I lost my Leon progress saves for some reason. RetroArch data management a shit.
>>
>>146507825
>I think it'll be easier to just meet up irl with 4 GBAs and a Gamecube
Fuck that, get five GameCubes, four Game Boy Players, and four miniature TV's. Go big or go home
>>
>>146507812
>Oh they have done so much, ransacking the oman archives like that.
Tell me. What code is original in frankenmupen? Why do you selectively attack certain devs, when you're no better?

>>146508024
>holy shit you can't be serious
GLideN64 is far more impressive than SP's fork of Glide64. Pilot Wing's shadows aren't broken..
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-17_23-00-11.png (226KB, 402x289px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-17_23-00-11.png
226KB, 402x289px
>>146508057
that's a damn shame, it's been too long since I played it with mates.

>>146508225
absolute fucking madman
>>
>>146508243
>Tell me. What code is original in frankenmupen? Why do you selectively attack certain devs, when you're no better?

I'm in #n64dev right now, just step up, don't be a coward and have this conversation face to face and stop being a bitch. Let's have this conversation.
>>
File: specs.png (22KB, 526x428px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
22KB, 526x428px
I'm sure this topic has come up a whole ton but I seriously can't seem to figure out how to set up PCSX2 for true 60FPS SotC, and I'm certain I've seen people pull it off with lesser rigs.
>>
>>146508370
pls don't drag resident autistic GLideN64 shill into an argument. No good can come from this
>>
>>146508370
yeah yet here you are posting as anon and shitting on other devs behind their back, what a fucking hypocrite you are SP
>>
Zoinkity the punk-ass nerd-ass bitch with his autistic loser voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAh-u2iwEm0
>>
>>146508103

I'm trying to find CRT pics to compare it to. People seem to like to only take pics of 8-16 bit consoles, rather than 32 bit though. So pics are hard to find.

http://i1.wp.com/brilliantlyepic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/RE2.jpg
http://i0.wp.com/brilliantlyepic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/RE3.jpg

I wonder if I should setup my system again.
>>
>>146508738

Fuck you n64 lameass bitchass devs, all stealing code from SGI/Nintendo and passing it off as your own.

And you want my respect?

Lulz. All you guys ever did to me was talk shit behind my back. So why should I pay any of you bitches respect now? Each and every single one of you, go fuck yourself. Marathonman, Zoinkity, MrRyan or whatever the fuck your name is.
>>
>>146508447
>true 60FPS SotC

Can't be done, the game is internally framelocked. If you mean 100% speed, just increase EE/VU cycle stealing, though that effectively underclocks the emulated PS2 so the game will run choppier in more demanding areas.
>>
>>146508447
The only way you'll get true 60 FPS SotC is on a PS3.
>>
>>146508225
I've actually seen that done by some youtuber, but with the main gamecube being a Wii
>>
>>146491236
>Vulkan's not even portable, so only new hardware can use it..
There is nothing wrong with this.
>>146501891
>He gave Cait Sith a scottish accent
Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me :|
>>
>>146509357
It's 30FPS on ps3.
>>
>>146508495
>pls don't drag resident autistic GLideN64 shill into an argument. No good can come from this
You clearly have the wrong guy. All I did was give him props on fixing the shadow in Pilot Wings.

>>146509109
>Fuck you n64 lameass bitchass devs, all stealing code from SGI/Nintendo and passing it off as your own.
Ok why don't you delete all of the code in your fork that's derived from SGI / Nintendo? You're all talk with nothing to back it up. It's hilarious how a lot of your insults apply to yourself.

>Lulz. All you guys ever did to me was talk shit behind my back.
You literally just bashed a dev who recently helped you out, behind his back.
>>
>>146509683
Then what the fuck was the point of the HD remaster?
>>
ITT: SP's brutal honesty gets him in trouble again
>>
>>146509684
>You literally just bashed a dev who recently helped you out, behind his back.

I didn't bash LegendofDragoon at all. Re-read the quoted stuff again.

"<squarepus> probably legendofdragoon
<squarepus> anyway somebody that doesn’t release source - well - he can
brag about it
<squarepus> but at the same time it might as well not exist"

Come to think of it, I got that part wrong. Regarding it being 'unreleased', I guess I got it mixed up with the angrylion fork he has which is unreleased, which, oh well, is unreleased. So yes, in my mind, it might as well not exist. I got that mixed up with the RSP recompiler which does in fact exist, but it's not for Mupen64plus anyway, so I dunno what that has to do with anything i brought up.

Anyway, sounds like a storm in a teacup situation to me. If you want to make some huge drama issue over it, be my guest. But I don't see how I slagged him off there. I was simply taking the fraud Marathonman who likes to post others' messages at his word that somebody had written an RSP recompiler that doesn't want to be known and I thought maybe LegendofDragoon, that was it.

Tell me again what Marathonman has done for N64 emulation that is oh so significant. Even cxd4 said all the guy has done so far is plagiarize and steal code from others and then made a huge bragging fest about it.

Which is the problem with this sillyass scene - everybody talks about one another and everybody lifts quotes out of context and makes some huge drama issue over it.
>>
>>146506798
It's bad IRC etiquette to leak private messages.

This just proves that #n64dev is a huge circlejerk
>>
File: RetroArch-0625-011714.png (481KB, 1280x1152px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0625-011714.png
481KB, 1280x1152px
>>
>>146510210
cute
>>
>>146491236
Only very new CPUs can run Angrylion software fullspeed too, what's your point?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAh-u2iwEm0

You retarded handicapped bitch, talk like you've got a spine.

What's wrong, you are on disability you sad lonely sad fuck? Go fuck yourself you punkass bitch.

Here is another punkass bitch:

https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/173311?v=3&s=400

https://github.com/mikeryan

When I see you you ugly-ass motherfucker, you can tell me again how much of a "eurotrash retard" I am, you punkass bitch.

"I've hacked a few Gibsons"

Ram that Gibson so far up your ass it hurts you in the buttcheeks, bitch. I know you're reading this.

BTW, your site sucks donkey balls too:

https://lacklustre.net/

"The owner of lacklustre.net has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."

Get your mediocre non-existing webdev skills along with your non-existing N64 dev skills too.
>>
Is there a better way than:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
to get a DS3 working? The ds3 is my favorite controller for emulation, but this program is so wonky, even the shitty chinese one worked better. It will only work after I reinstall it, then reboot my computer, and only for a little while. If I mess with the rumble settings in the screenshot my controller actual vibrated, so that tells me it is being detected, but it won't accept any inputs when I move the sticks.

Any help?
>>
>>146510023
Maybe not outright bash, but it's still negative implications which is totally not cool. Especially considering you boast about how good your unreleased vulkan plugin's going to be.

>I guess I got it mixed up with the angrylion fork he has which is unreleased, which, oh well, is unreleased
Yeah.. Just like that vulkan plugin. Unreleased..

>Tell me again what Marathonman has done for N64 emulation that is oh so significant.
His emulator can run some demos / homebrew that most emulators can't run.

>Even cxd4
top kek..

>Even cxd4 said all the guy has done so far is plagiarize and steal code from others and then made a huge bragging fest about it.
That's just his typical pessimistic skepticism. My advice to you is to take his words with a grain of salt, when it comes to his trash talking.
>>
Another ugly-ass motherfucker right here, Mr. Marathonman

https://avatars2.githubusercontent.com/u/2336200?v=3&s=400

God, I know why your life sucks so much you have to gossip and talk shit and leak PMs behind others back all day. If I looked like that I would contemplate doing that all day too.
>>
Well, this is interesting.
>>
I don't think I needed this dose of drama that just went overboard by someone who had the brillant idea to leak PMs (which no matter what, is bad as fuck).
>>
>>146512171
Post your picture and lets see how great you look.
>>
The fires of drama are burning
>>
File: trust.png (278KB, 640x715px) Image search: [Google]
trust.png
278KB, 640x715px
>>146512402

Maybe somebody I'll decide to leave emulation for good and I'll dumb all the juicy PMs I got at once. A grand finale of feces.
>>
>>146511898
>Only very new CPUs can run Angrylion software fullspeed too, what's your point?
Some games aren't very intensive and the system requirements with gradually get reduced.
>>
Reminder to report and ignore drama posts
>>
>>146513237
is this not entertaining to you?
>>
>>146513312

It got old around 2014
>>
File: muh point-and-clicks.png (302KB, 668x896px) Image search: [Google]
muh point-and-clicks.png
302KB, 668x896px
>>146473617
Well I was debating on whether to do some PC upgrades to play Obduction or get an N3DS, but I guess this seals the deal.
>>
>>146512158
>Maybe not outright bash, but it's still negative implications which is totally not cool.

It was mainly about something which is not open source and for which you have no intention to open source it.

It's not negative implications to say 'it might as well not exist'. If something is not released and there is no source out, then no, the public, IT DOES NOT EXIST.

That is not an indictment on anybody.

Anyway, it's just some pathetic troll on IRC trying to shittir to the best of his ability and lifting quotes out of context.

Fuck that bubblehead marathonman though for just taking something random out of a PM and making it look like I said something negative about LegendofDragoon.
>>
>>146512145
Have you tried using ScpServer?
Are you connecting it with cable?
I also don't really get what is your problem, is whatever emulator you're using not detecting it or something?
>>
File: Untitled.png (31KB, 734x506px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31KB, 734x506px
So I played Melee and noticed the stick wasn't right, so I looked it up and apparently had to get the settings for the sticks since you can't get the right settings just by inputing them yourself. Well, now my sticks don't work using those settings. It won't detect them so I don't know what to do.
>>
>>146515236
>I don't know what to do.
Go eat some saltwater taffy. Don't ask why, just do it.
>>
>>146513720
Is Myst good?

I remember it for checkout at my local library as a wee lad but don't know what it is except for being some adventure game.

Redpill me please. I'm not particularly fond of western games otherwise.
>>
>>146515236
anyone?
>>
>>146501891
IIRC there's an option in the mod to retain the localized names. Dunno if that's available in the PS1 version of the mod, though.
>>
>>146512796
Still requires a top end CPU to run fullspeed.
>>
>>146462765
>For people that don't know Carl Kenner, he's the Glovepie author, known for gating download links of his project behind political arguments.

I went into this guy's website to see if what that delroth dev said was true but sadly the autist's website was taken down. Luckily I was able to find a archive of it on archive.org and he wasn't lying about it being filled with political shit.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130317044728/http://glovepie.org/glovepie_download.php
>>
So MM actually came here to emugen of all places to leak IRC PMs to piss SP off? Or did he just share them with another #n64dev regular, who then decided to stir shit up?

I'm so confused. Not sure that it matters, really, but what the fuck.
>>
>>146516989
While global warming is an issue, this is just stupid.
>>
Even byuu can't escape the wrath of radical SJWs

http://board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1147
>>
File: Dolphin 4.0.png (3MB, 3664x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin 4.0.png
3MB, 3664x1080px
>>146503034
>I am just showing the internal resolution addition
>internal resolution addition
>addition

Are you retarded? Dolphin has allowed you to boost the internal resolution since the early days, as has just about every emulator for a console capable of 3D rendering. This is in no way new.

In fact, here's a comparison image made using Dolphin 4.0 exclusively.
Unlike you, I even detailed the enhancements I used.

I'm sure Dolphin 5.0 is vastly superiod to Dolphin 4.0, but don't just lie about features.
>>
>>146517446
Sick of seeing SJW nonsense everywhere. Those hypocritical cunts all want to force their will onto others and remove other peoples freedoms of speech. Fuck them.
>>
>>146516989
Excuse me while I overclock my CPU to make emulators run faster.
>>
>>146508103
That looks fucking awful desu.
>>
>>146517237

MarathonMan is an ugly-ass bobblehead jealyass bitch that can't stand it that he cannot do shit on the RDP LLE front and he isn't able to famewhore off it first.

cxd4 already told everybody he is a talentless hack that treats other devs as if they're his sweatshop dev team, letting them do all the work while he sits back, doesn't do much of anything important, goes over angrylion and oman again, copies and plagiarizes some more and then creates some more propaganda about how much CEN64 is accomplishing.

Another day, more bullshit in N64dev land.
>>
>>146515236
ANYBODY
>>
>>146501891
>He gave Cait Sith a scottish accent
Cait Sith has a Scottish accent in canon. Haven't you ever seen Advent Children: Complete? (Plebs who've only seen the 2005 cut need not apply.)
>>
>>146518569
Eh, not applicable here, since DPLB's retranslation doesn't regard anything that's retroactively canon outside of what's contained in the original game itself and materials related to it released during its release time frame.
>>
>>146518353
>cxd4 already told everybody he is a talentless hack that treats other devs as if they're his sweatshop dev team, letting them do all the work while he sits back, doesn't do much of anything important, goes over angrylion and oman again, copies and plagiarizes some more and then creates some more propaganda about how much CEN64 is accomplishing.
Would be nice if you stopped spreading FUD.
>>
>>146518826
>DPLB's retranslation doesn't regard anything that's retroactively canon outside of what's contained in the original game itself and materials related to it released during its release time frame.
I don't see how this could possibly cause problems when translating a game whose canon was a bizarre mess until later works "solidified" aspects of it.
>>
File: 1384346147848.png (211KB, 746x426px) Image search: [Google]
1384346147848.png
211KB, 746x426px
>>146515870
It still holds up pretty well, around an 8/10. It's got challenging puzzles, but none of them rely on the bullshit cartoon-style logic that the point-and-click adventure genre is known for. It's also pretty much the genesis of environmental storytelling in video games.

Riven takes everything Myst does and cranks it up to 11. While the puzzles in Myst feel more arbitrary than anything, the puzzles in Riven are firmly rooted in the game world and lore. Not only that, but the puzzles serve a dual purpose in conveying the game's backstory. I am not exaggerating when I say Riven has one of the most cohesively-constructed game worlds in gaming, bar none. It is an absolute masterpiece of a game.

If you do decide to play them, the versions I recommend are "realMyst: Masterpiece Edition" and the GOG.com version of Riven.

Some tips:
1) Do not skip out on Myst before playing Riven; they act kind of like two acts of a single story, and skipping out on Myst greatly diminishes the Riven experience.
2) Keep pen and paper handy, you WILL need it for keeping track of clues and observations.
3) Whatever you do, DO NOT USE A WALKTHROUGH UNLESS AS A VERY LAST RESORT. Relying on a walkthrough literally ruins the gameplay experience. Only use a walkthrough if you're stuck on something for more than three or four days.
>>
>>146518832

I don't give a shit, I am telling what everybody already knows within these circles, I don't care if you don't want to get dragged into it, I will drag everybody into it as long as you don't stand up for what is right. You want to keep remaining friends with these guys, don't spread 'rumors' and talk behind their backs then. Fuck MarathonMan and his bullshit, let this bobblehead bitch stay on the hotseat for now. There is hell to pay for sucker punching somebody like this.
>>
File: Muh flags.png (259KB, 2500x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Muh flags.png
259KB, 2500x1300px
>>146517303
>>146518048
Where do these autists come from?
>>
>>146518986
It's not that it causes problems, just that DPLB's aim was to relocalize the game while being as faithful to the original Japanese game. The localization that we should have gotten back in 1997, in his eyes, that is. And back in 1997, there was no Advent Children or Crisis Core or whatever that would "solidify" things.

Of course, whether his execution was satisfactory is another matter.
>>
File: Capture.png (62KB, 716x616px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
62KB, 716x616px
I decided to replay Link's Awakening since I haven't played it since I was 8 and never actually beat it.
I'm up to the Eagle's Nest and now I recall why I never beat it. Fuck.
>>
Does anybody here even use Dolphin?
>>
>>146519262
Speaking of Brexit, it is supremely amusing to see how modern liberalism only cares about "the will of the people" and "a majority support this" when they personally support a cause.

"Human rights should never be subject to a majority mandate", except when it suits them. More specifically, they only believe in majority votes and democracy when they're on the winning side.
>>
>>146519601

>>>/pol/
>>
>>146519706
The majority support shitty, inaccurate emulators. Support for accurate emulators is in a minority. The majority have spoken. Democracy in action. How does this make you feel?
>>
fuck emugen. you people are worthless fucks who can't answer a simple question about a fucking controller. god damn
>>
>>146519250
>I will drag everybody into it as long as you don't stand up for what is right
And what you're doing is wrong. You resorted to slander.

You're free to continue making fun of other people's appearance while hiding behind your keyboard. Where's your picture btw?

What's sad to me is the fact that you are spreading lies, and you have the nerve to mention "stand up for what is right"..
>>
>>146518569
Spin-offs and prequels are considered head canon.
>>
>>146520118

You should have thought of that before dumping PM IRC logs into a chat, bitch.

Punkass bitch.

BTW, I see mikeryan is your CEN64 commit contributing buttbuddy so no wonder you two faggots were busy exchanging others' confidential PMs, you faggot-ass bitch.

And BTW, bitch, that is all shit that cxd4 told me. Deal with it son, people are talking about your shit constantly all the goddamn fucking time.
>>
>>146520090
We don't know the specifics of your problem at all and you could have easily gone back to default when new settings didn't work. The nonrecognition of your controller in only one settings layout is likely just a matter of XInput vs Dinput (the drop-down menu on the left), but if it's the stick only, maybe take a look at what you configured the goddamn sticks to DO by right-clicking them.
>>
File: jPoAjq.gif (2MB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
jPoAjq.gif
2MB, 500x459px
>3DNES
>used to be free
>now $30
oy vey
>>
File: RetroArch-0625-031200.png (324KB, 1360x1020px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0625-031200.png
324KB, 1360x1020px
>>
>>146520220
Calling Aerith "Aeris" is head canon.

>>146521291
Are you implying people who speak Hebrew are greedy, anon?
>>
>>146521114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybutaKlmPC4

Start at 5:25 when he talks about the sticks. I think I addressed it clearly. He tells me you can't get those inputs so I had to copy and paste them from his info box into my Dolphin. But my controller won't recognize those inputs.

I did the inputs the normal way by flicking the direction on the sticks blah blah, and when I tried to play Melee I immediately felt that the sticks weren't working as perfect as if I was playing the game on the original GC with the controller. That's why I tried to search how to properly configure the sticks, and ended up at the video. I want it to recognize those inputs from the video.
>>
>>146519601
reminder that during defeats like this if you push them hard enough you can get them to say the working class should have things decided for them
>>
>>146521750
>Calling Aerith "Aeris" is head canon.
Both are acceptable. It can be interpreted either way. Look up the katakana reading and see why.
Anything developed post-FF7 didn't happen, though.
>>
>>146519913
And the SJWs will say that the unprivileged need to be spoken for more, so the majority can go get fucked.

You can never ever win. Both sides claim to want to win.
>>
>>146514598
I'm using SCP server, with a wired DS3. It just stops registering inputs, I don't really get what my problem is either. It's detecting the controller but won't take any inputs until I reboot, then it stops working again as soon as I can close my laptop.
>>
>>146521291

Someone make a happy merchant for 3DNES.
>>
>>146521291
Someone has to find out if this guy is using GPL code in his emulator.
>>
>>146523003
"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?"
>>
>>146523214
no
>>
>>146523214
perhaps
>>
>>146523236
says the man in Washington, "it belongs to the poor."
>>
>>146523003
Why would that matter? Be real, who is EVER going to enforce it?
>>
>>146523781
>Be real, who is EVER going to enforce it?
How about we get Mudman to crack it and distribute for free :)
>>
>>146523917
Why wouldn't that happen anyway, with how scummy it already is? I'm just saying, a GPL violation doesn't amount to any kind of pressure on anyone. It should but it doesn't.
>>
>>146521291
>>146523003
>>146523236
Literally who cares?

It's stupid shit and it's not hurting anything.
>>
>>146525435
It hurts me by just existing.
>>
>>146523781
Which is the point, time and time again, it is proven that the FSF does not give a fuck. At all.
>>
>>146523214
If you can demonstrate that what you produce is solely based on your own efforts and not assisted in any way such as a military to defend from invaders, a police to protect from theft, taxes to pay for the roads, etc, etc,etc then yes you are entitled to all of it. If not then you have to give back your fair share otherwise you are taking from others who did give you those benefits.

You can make the argument that some of your contribution is being spent poorly but not that you don't have to pay into the pot so others can benefit from the things you did.
>>
>>146525802
Which was kinda the point I was making. With the GPL, isn't then there some onus on the fork dev of derived code to contribute back to the source, if its not 100% their work?
>>
>>146523214
Also last I heard you were on disability. Not using that as an insult but you aren't old enough to claim all that money you are getting was put into SS from your earnings.

This is basic stuff.

No one wants to pay taxes but don't mind getting the benefits from it.
>>
>>146507825
How did you get 4 player local working? I can't get it to work and I wanna play 4swords with friends.
>>
>>146526045
I apologize then I misunderstood your point. It seems we are in agreement.
>>
>>146526045
Its hard to tell sometimes. Too many people are serious that they shouldn't have to pay back yet see not problem collecting. Its maddening.
>>
>>146526047
>Also last I heard you were on disability. Not using that as an insult

I don't find it a insult at all. A situation is as a situation is.

>but you aren't old enough to claim all that money you are getting was put into SS from your earnings.

Good point, however I thought capitalists would want all their money. Hence my current PM offloading into offshore banking accounts even when he somehow claims he is still paying tax here (rofl)
>>
>>146519390
Is BGB better than Gambatte?
>>
>>146526431
I've never used Gambatte but the only problem I've had so far is transparent chains on BowWow and occasionally characters going semi transparent when interacting with something that causes a cutscene for about 1 second.
>>
>>146343295
Any good waifu game other than Persona?
>>
>>146409367
i'm playing it on psp emulator cause I heard it was better, I think equip menu is made too slim though, not sure if that's what it's supposed to be
>>
Why is no one talking about Wii U emulator?
>>
>>146529439
It's not developed far enough for real use. We'll be talking about it pretty soon from the looks of things, but right now there are only the curious using it.
>>
>>146529439
>cemu
What's the point if you can't emulate the best sanic game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO7bkeHRPm8
>>
I'm a Progressive and I thought the Brexit was perfectly valid. I don't agree with it, but it certainly was a binding vote.
>>
I stopped following Cen64 and MarathonMan when it was quite clear little real progress was being made, and what progress there was came from the efforts of others by a large majority.
>>
>>146531982
Wow, that's almost related to emulation.
>>
>>146532213

Thread was already derailed, don't be a whiny cunt.
>>
>>146532348
That is not an excuse to further derail it.

And there was good hour or so of on-topic posts before you arrived.
>>
>>146532192
Where's the progress at then?
>>
>>146532584

A bunch of fuck-useless refactoring that gets thrown away roughly every half year when they/MarathonMan realize _yet again_ that, try as they might, consumer hardware still isn't gonna run that cycle-accurate N64 emulator- oh sorry, SIMULATOR- that they've all been masturbating so feverishly about for the last couple years.
>>
>>146532542

m80, go suck yer da's flaccid cock.
>>
File: 1454819504929.png (306KB, 486x475px) Image search: [Google]
1454819504929.png
306KB, 486x475px
>>146533274
>>
dolphin 5.0 netplay gives me a black screen errytime

any ideas?
>>
So... Can you connect a real GBA to the PC to use as a controller for something like Crystal Chronicles, or is VBA-M the only way to do that?
>>
>>146534549
That sounds like a nightmare but I hope whatever terrible thing you want to try works. You're using the Gamecube to USB adapter right? And I guess the GBA to Gamecube connector would technically be transmitting vaguely Gamecube-controller-compatible signals? But it almost certainly needs to be told first BY the Gamecube to send that shit up its link cable, because the other player's button presses are not what needs transmitting for trading Pokemon normally.
>>
Are there any Android emulators for pc that I can have money in?
I want to fuck around in some games that are pay to win.
Is there one that lets me buy whatever the fuck I want, or at least a way to?
>>
>>146535175
Your phone doesn't have money in it.
>>
>>146535175
hey guys how do I cheat at MMOs
>>
>>146509773
30fps is better than 15fps
>>
>>146521291
>source:my ass
>>
>>146522685
>And the SJWs will say that the unprivileged need to be spoken for more, so the majority can go get fucked.
Ah, but remember that only the privileged can afford decent PCs. So if you make your emulator require decent hardware to run, you're being exclusionary.
>>
Senpaitachi, can you help me with a problem in wind waker? I'm using dolphin 5.0 with a dualshock 4 and the game is running smooth.

My problem is that the emulator is changing the C -> with <- C. When I move to the right, the camera starts moving to the left and vice versa. Another thing I'd like to ask is if there's some way to emulate the pressure in the analog stick. The camera is simply too fast, so it's kinda hard to navigate. Is there an option to walk or move the camera slower if I press just a little bit of the analog stick?

Also, can I play the skyward sword without a wiimote with this new version of dolphin?
>>
>>146538285
>So if you make your emulator require decent hardware to run, you're being exclusionary.
That's very true.
>>
>>146529439
Two words:
Closed source garbage
>>
>>146538630
There's always the other one, I mean it just got to booting a game recently so it's better than nothing.
https://github.com/decaf-emu/decaf-emu
>>
>>146508447
>>146509146
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpToQLWqgI
>>
>>146538285
So in other words: to appeal to a whole society, we must focus on support for shit hw?
>>
>>146538453
The camera is inverted in the real game. Just invert them again in the controller setup.

If you're using the xinput wrapper for your DS4, there should be a profile settings thing in the monitor, where you can adjust sensitivity, remap buttons, all that stuff.
>>
>>146539586
Would it be hard to have a switch in [whatever emulator] that just makes it less accurate to speed up the games?
>>
>>146539760
Yes in most cases.
>>
>>146539760
thought that existed already with things like mupen.
>>
>>146540080
Yes it would be hard?
>>
>>146540262
Yes it would be hard.
>>
>>146540317
Shame. I'd love to mess around with something like that now that I think about it.
>>
>>146539250
>true 60fps
>shows video with clear visible dips all over the place
Anon plz
>>
>can't emulate dolphin because PC's shit
What's the best games pre Gamecube?
>>
>>146462765
>>146516989
lmao, forum b& now
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-carlkenner-got-banned-complaints-thread?pid=413145#pid413145
>>
>>146507825
Yo dude, which version of VBA are you using there? How did you manage to get 4player to work?
>>
>you can install WADs in Dolphin
Wew that takes me back. Anyways, it seems places that have WADs are dead, is there a website with WADs? Can't find a reliable site.
>>
>>146548752
>several websites lead me to rapidshare
>the file was deleted
>other sites lead me to the old MegaUpload
>remember the gubment killed it
;_;
>>
>>146548752
A private tracker. There is a complete set on GG. Don't know about BCG cause i'm not on there right now
>>
>>146549274
>private tracker.
Ugh, why? I wanted to play some WiiWare, but I don't wanna dive into anything. Thanks for the reply, though.
>>
>>146547143
>>146507825
OK so it looks like it would work if I could change VBA-M to think it's player 2, 3, 4 in multiple instances but I can't work out how to do that.
>>
>>146544615
ps2
>>
>>146421434
>even though you'd think they'd have done the job of finishing him proper by the second game at most.
Funny, that, Julius Belmont kills Dracula so hard he dies to death in the War of 1999 and they never made a game about it, and they never will make a game about it.
>>
>>146536864
Check the 3DNES page you retard
>>
>>146552819
>http://tructv.bitbucket.org/3dnes/
So?
>>
>>146515236
>>146516542
>>146518448
Check how sticks are defined as both + and - Axis at the same time, yeah, delete that and CAREFULLY input them

If it keeps going that way then your deadzone is wonky and just define them manually (axis X- and X+, Y- and Y+ for 4 different inputs altogether)

Same thing with your C stick

Again, your issue is because your deadzone setting is wrong and your controller is going whenever it wants
>>
>5.0 fixes issues for games I've already played ages ago
>Doesn't fix issues I care about
I just want to play SSX 3 without fucking lines, I'm not willing to deal with PCSX2's bullshit.
>>
>>146553006
>In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $29.99 USD.
Unless you are talking at the shitty experimental web browser version
>>
>>146554387
>In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $29.99 USD.
It's not under the same name and not on the same site which is probably why I didn't find it at first, my bad you were right.

Also
>- Version 1.0 only supports following mappers: 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 22, 30, 32, 34, 41, 64, 71.
>- Unofficial 6502 instructions are not supported yet.
>- Internal and external save/load state are not supported yet.
>People are gonna pay for that
>>
File: lWqOGKT.png (64KB, 781x555px) Image search: [Google]
lWqOGKT.png
64KB, 781x555px
So I'm having trouble remapping my savestate keys in project 64 (complains they're already mapped) but look who has appeared in my searching for a solution.
>>
>>146511984
>>146512171
Why is SP such a paranoid creepy stalker?
>>
File: oiHHZ1Z.png (9KB, 593x420px) Image search: [Google]
oiHHZ1Z.png
9KB, 593x420px
This is happening whenever I try to launch any game in PJ64. Using Glide64 that came with the version I got, Azimer's XA2 audio 0.70, N-Rage controller, same result with either RSP HLE or regular RSP plugins.

Windows 10 if that helps at all.
>>
File: RetroArch-0625-135013.png (26KB, 1465x1120px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0625-135013.png
26KB, 1465x1120px
>>
>>146556181
n64 emulation suxxx
>>
>>146556229
Yeah. It also seems very confusing to set up. Even plugins on PSX emulators weren't difficult to set up.
>>
>>146556181
>>146556268
Well shit. Guess I'm too stupid to use PJ64. I'll stick with frankenmupen I guess.
>>
File: RetroArch-0625-135649.png (22KB, 1465x1120px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0625-135649.png
22KB, 1465x1120px
This level is too hard for me.
>>
File: tumblr_nxc01rreWn1ul28m3o1_500.png (138KB, 421x329px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxc01rreWn1ul28m3o1_500.png
138KB, 421x329px
planning a giant zelda replayathon before botw

do i have all the right emulators here?

http://pastebin.com/U5jU8ei9

as noted, is four swords anniversary (the one with a single player option) emulatable? its a dsiware game
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with PCSX2.
>>
>>146558632
>its a dsiware game
Then nope.
>>
>>146558632
>planning a giant zelda replayathon before botw

How is that even possible? 2D ones after Link to the Past play exactly the same. 3D ones after Ocarina play exactly the same. They're not even challenging or interesting. The entire series is pure stagnation.
>>
>hps2x64 and Play don't really make any progress
>pSX and that turkish guy's emulator teased some progress and never got a public release

PS2 emulation is cursed.
>>
>>146560075
When did gaming stop being fun for you? Why are you still here?
>>
File: 1465044868489.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465044868489.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>146560751

>he doesn't like Zelda bore-a-thons so he must hate all games
>>
>>146560864
It's okay. You're not the only joyless adult.
>>
>Twilight Princess GCN runs almost like a fuggin' lubed up dream now

A few slowdowns here and there but nothing severe.

There a decent (complete) HD texture pack out there for it?
>>
>>146558632
no$gba could sort of play it last I tried, but with crazy graphical bugs. Not sure if its any better in the latest version. Your best bet would be installing it on a hacked 3ds.
>>
>>146559018
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4pq9zs/with_dolphin_50s_new_stereo_rendering_how_might_i/d4nevkj

CarlKenner got told.
>>
>>146564371
>reddit
Also, tl;dr, don't even care.
>>
File: RetroArch-0625-144811.png (1MB, 1465x1120px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0625-144811.png
1MB, 1465x1120px
>>
>>146564371
>decided to stoop to his lowest level yet by mocking the death of one of our contributors who was transgender
What's the point of throwing in that 'who was transgender'? The quoted comment by Carl makes no mention of it, so why does he have to point out that Roger 'swimming with the dolphins' Bryk was a tranny faggot?
>>
>>146565903

say what you want about SP but when he has an issue with project team devs, he doesnt post it on twitter and reddit to smear them. this kinda could worry others that if they ever fallout with team dolphin, their dirty laundry gets aired in a similar public display.

not saying carl kenner doesnt have issues, but honestly, who doesnt in this scene?
>>
>>146565903
"I can see why RachelBryk killed ***him***self."
>>
>>146566243
Yes, he killed himself. What is the point of your post?
>>
>>146566157
>say what you want about SP but when he has an issue with project team devs, he doesnt post it on twitter and reddit to smear them

Yeah, he just posts it here
>>
>>146567532

those are not project members and they never contributed anything.

also, said guy (marathonman) lied about SP slandering legendofdragoon. nowhere in thise quotes is that evident.
>>
>>146559018
>There is literally nothing wrong with PCSX2.
>>
>>146567662
He also shits on byuu, calb, exophase, mamedev and some more I can't remember right now
>>
>>146568596

> byuu

sold out to hyperkin, nuff said.

> exophase

sells his DS emu for 8 bucks on an app store for 'psychological effect', nuff said.

> calb

piece of shit that kept PSX emulation hostage for decades, nuff said

> mamedev

only specific guys like Haze whom created an issue out of thin air. That thing is over.
>>
>>146568596

none of those people also ever contributed anything BTW to libretro/RetroArch. See again the prior point.

SP doesn't stab people in the back who have at least contributed.
>>
>>146568596

and you think calb, byuu, and exophase are not worth of being shitted on?

you have shitty NES emulators with gimmick trash features selling for $30 now thanks to those fuckfaces and the 'precedents' they set. paypal shutting them down should be the tip of the iceberg, all their shit should be shut down.
>>
>>146556181
Are you using the x64 version by any chance? If so, then don't... Only x86 is really useable unless you want to use interpreter...

If not, I'll gladly look into your issue.
>>
>>146568596
You forgot Gonetz, zilmar, and Ambient Malice
>>
File: RetroArch-0625-191432.png (749KB, 1280x1152px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0625-191432.png
749KB, 1280x1152px
>>
>>146571963

> Gonetz

started a kickstarter that bordered on scammery, didn't release any source until he was pressured to do so, then it transpired it was just a shitty GLN64 fork, didn't deliver what he promised, made a bunch of hype around his stuff that amounted to nothing

> zilmar

Not really talking shit, more like indifference. He is a malware spreader but then again I've never used his stuff so he can do whatever he wants, sane people don't use it anyway.

Ironically, Marathonman in his PMs was talking smack about both zilmar and gonetz too and said he actually agreed with me, then he pulls some bitch move like this. I guess he is too up in his feelings about byuu and what I said about that lying scam artist, and then mixed that with some bullshit about how I was supposedly dogging LegendOfDragoon, which is bullshit. He is the one that kept playing dumb about some mythical guy that made an RSP recompiler but wasn't sharing the sources, I had a brief moment in time where I got mixed up and thought it might be legendofdragoon until I realized it's the angrylion renderer he is keeping to himself.

In either case, people keep shit to themselves, make money off shit, add malware to it, whatever. This entire scene is a big huge example of 'no honor among thieves', and pretty much this whole bullshit argument that 'emulation is legal' would have a ring of truth in it if all the bullshit around it didn't happen and if most of the 'emulaton' didn't revolve around stolen SDKs, stolen devkits and stolen source code. The fact I am so candid about this is why I get these devs up in their feelings.

If they were honest about what they were doing and if they didn't use this basic plagiarism to prop up their resume, we would have no issue and we would have no problems. They have themselves to blame for a single guy keeping it real.
>>
>>146571963

I care about truth, not about massaging other people's overinflated egos. I will call out hypocrisy when I see it. Can't deal with that, tough shit.

Lastly, I did this before in the PS3/360 scenes, and I will gladly do it again in this scene. I don't care if you people are in denial, when I see you people starting to flirt with what's legal and what's not and when you guys think you can get away with obviously shady doings, that's when I will react. As simple as that. You might hate me for it but that doesn't mean I am wrong, that simply means you hate that I am right and you hate me doubly me for speaking out about it. Serves you right in my book.
>>
\>>146569571
>sp doesn't stab people in the back who have at least contributed
Not true. He just does it anonymously, here.
>>
>>146574504

Those are not people who contributed to the project, and those are people whom have leaked personal conversations first. If you do that, you better prepare yourself for an ass whooping. Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
>>
>>146573485
>>started a kickstarter that bordered on scammery, didn't release any source until he was pressured to do so, then it transpired it was just a shitty GLN64 fork, didn't deliver what he promised, made a bunch of hype around his stuff that amounted to nothing
No, stop, please don't bring autistic GLideN64 shill back
>>
>>146573485
>started a kickstarter that bordered on scammery, didn't release any source until he was pressured to do so, then it transpired it was just a shitty GLN64 fork, didn't deliver what he promised, made a bunch of hype around his stuff that amounted to nothing
I guess that's fair to criticize him for those reasons. However, he's not the only dev to hype their own stuff.

>Not really talking shit, more like indifference. He is a malware spreader but then again I've never used his stuff so he can do whatever he wants.
Other than the malware fiasco, I can't see why people bash zilmar. He in the process of removing it, so that's soon to be history.

>sane people don't use it anyway.
So how else are people supposed to play PPL and WDC then?

>In either case, people keep shit to themselves
You mean like that vulkan renderer?

> This entire scene is a big huge example of 'no honor among thieves', and pretty much this whole bullshit argument that 'emulation is legal' would have a ring of truth in it if all the bullshit around it didn't happen and if most of the 'emulaton' didn't revolve around stolen SDKs, stolen devkits and stolen source code. The fact I am so candid about this is why I get these devs up in their feelings.
Not every dev used oman's / stolen docs. Go look at zilmar's RSP. You won't find a lookup table being used for the div instructions, unlike cxd4's (which is what you're using), MAME's, and CEN64's. The only remnants of oman's that appears in the RSP source, are small contributions from cxd4 and angrylion.

>If they were honest about what they were doing and if they didn't use this basic plagiarism to prop up their resume, we would have no issue and we would have no problems.
Show me where Gonetz lied (except for "overhyping" and not delivering). I think he's honest as far as where he gets his material from. But you're free to prove me wrong about this. zilmar is certainly honest and straightforward.
>>
>>146573637
>I care about truth, not about massaging other people's overinflated egos. I will call out hypocrisy when I see it. Can't deal with that, tough shit.
My problem is that you do all this trash talking about certain devs, while other devs have immunity. If you're not willing to call out EVERY person that your criticism applies to, then cut people slack...

Take it easy on the personal attacks. Making fun of someone's appearance while hiding behind your keyboard, just makes you look bad.
>>
>>146575947

Maybe you should tell that one person then sitting in California not to call somebody a 'eurotrash piece of shit', then.

I only listen to so many grade-school personal attacks before I bring myself to their level and give them the proverbial smack-down. And I can play that game better, guaranteed. The ball as they say is all in mr.mikeryan's court.
>>
>>146575947
>My problem is that you do all this trash talking about certain devs, while other devs have immunity. If you're not willing to call out EVERY person that your criticism applies to, then cut people slack...

Who has this immunity pray tell?
>>
>>146509773
30 fps is standard on console
>>
>>146574606
i dunno - i contributed to the project (in a way) and in fact, it was the other way around. sp leaked pm's here.
>>
>>146576529

What? That convo with Marathonman? I sure as hell did not post that there, and Marathonman was too cowardly to tell me who he gave it to either and who is the 'shitposter' in here. Would have been very nice to be able to narrow down this shitposter to one particular channel.

Maybe it's some sperg who makes weird hand figures on Youtube videos, dunno.
>>
>>146576275
Some of his teammates / contributors, certain m64p dev(s), and of course himself.
>>
>>146576669
i am not marathonman.
>who i this shitposter
i will remain anonymous because i still contribute to ra (in a way), but i never posted pm's here.
To be fair, i am a huge troll
>>
>>146577106

What about the teammates / contributors? Which potential issues do you see there? If there's an opensource project, I don't really care if it's not 100% cleanroom reversed, I will still contribute to it. I am about results and not about pipe dreams. Doesn't mean I don't find it disingenuous knowing where most of the sources come from and then people acting like they can be Mr. Shark Tank and put huge price tags on it and say that what they're doing is 'legal'. Knowing where it all comes from, I'd have to say then, 'no you're fooling yourself'.

cxd4? What's the issue there?
>>
>>146577643
>What about the teammates / contributors? Which potential issues do you see there?
Unreleased code.. Why have a problem with someone just because they have yet to release code, if you guys also haven't released all of your code?

>Doesn't mean I don't find it disingenuous knowing where most of the sources come from and then people acting like they can be Mr. Shark Tank and put huge price tags on it and say that what they're doing is 'legal'.
Both MM and Gonetz have been straightforward about where they got some of their source from. It looks bad when you bash people and say they just used stolen docs, when most people (including your team) also use code derived from these same documents.

What I have a problem with is when you say certain devs have no talent and that all their work is derived from stolen docs. At least some of these devs have actually accomplished more than some of the people whom I have yet to see you attack.

>cxd4? What's the issue there?
Like others on your immunity list, he fits the description of some of the things you criticized other devs for.
>>
>>146578959
I know you have a personal issue with cxd4, from what I hear the feeling is mutual. Cannot be helped I guess.
>>
File: wind.png (720KB, 1366x736px) Image search: [Google]
wind.png
720KB, 1366x736px
>my toaster laptop can finally run wind waker and xenoblade without overheating and getting blue screen after 2 minutes

feels good
>>
I have like 15 bucks in Google Play credit due to doing all their surveys. I can't think of anything to buy with it besides Drastic, and even then, is it even worth it?

What's worth buying on Google Play, emulation or otherwise? The only paid emu I'd even consider would be Drastic, because Retroarch handles everything else just fine. But I may be overlooking something. For reference, my phone is a Nexus 6 running the Android N beta.
>>
>>146579246
>I know you have a personal issue with cxd4, from what I hear the feeling is mutual. Cannot be helped I guess.
That's funny because you're the one who specifically mentioned him. Not me. How about actually considering the possibility that you're overlooking some people's flaws, while bashing others to the extreme?

If you can't admit / acknowledge the flaws of yourself & teammates, then you have no business criticizing others.

All I said is that he also fits the description for some of the things you mentioned. If you want to take that as a personal issue, then be my guest.
>>
>>146548752
http://www.ravmn.cl/content/wads-wiiware-ntsc

The "ME" links are Mega links.

Literally just typed "wiiware wads" in google and that was the first result.
>>
>>146579961

I don't see cxd4 creating some huge hypefest campaign around his stuff, or creating an indiegogo campaign. Do you?

I also don't see him putting malware inside his RSP interpreter.
>>
JMC is a content producer for Dolphin.
>>
File: 1395885483132.jpg (58KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1395885483132.jpg
58KB, 720x540px
There's still no way to play Mystical Ninja properly via emulation is there?

God I hate Konami for never releasing the Goemon games on the Virtual Console.
>>
>>146582135
>Mystical Ninja
Isn't that like a SNES game? If it's N64 then I can see why it'd be broken
>>
What is the best android emulator?
>>
>>146582667
Yeah I'm talking about the one on N64.

What kills me is that I swear I remember getting it working perfectly like a year ago somehow. Now I can't seem to get it to run without occasional framerate drops and inevitable video plugin crashing.

I tried MupenPlus and it ran surprisingly smoothly but the UI was glitched out bad.
>>
>>146581357
>I don't see cxd4 creating some huge hypefest campaign around his stuff, or creating an indiegogo campaign. Do you?
>I also don't see him putting malware inside his RSP interpreter.
Those are not the only two reasons you bashed other devs. MarathonMan never created an indiegogo campaign and never put malware in his software either..

Favoritism does this scene no good.
>>
>>146466706

Never EVER
>>
WHAT IS THE BEST ANDROID EMU
>>
>>146582782
>>146583631
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Android_emulators

Now go away.
>>
>>146583813
>now go away
Will do. Thanks pussy.
>>
Out of curiosity, who wrote pcsx2's software renderer and how did they obtain their information?
>>
Anyone know if Metroid Prime got any help with 5.0?
>>
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/3151
>>
>>146584251
gabest, and he doesn't really document shit.
>>
>>146583264

He leaked my private conversations.

He should be glad we talked yesterday and that I agreed to let it go, even despite him saying "I will go easy on you" blablabla. It's more like the other way around, since he was the guilty one in this case by doing something he shouldn't have done. I have been told by multiple guys in #n64dev BTW in private that they said that was not cool what he did.

Anyway, I'm willing to let it go for this time.
>>
>>146579593
If you want to emulate DS on Android it's the only workable choice; you already know the Desmume RA core is abominably slow for the time being, and we don't know when it'll improve if ever.

Frankly I think it's better anyway because of the ability to independently resize/reposition the screens: most games don't have 2 equally important screens but instead 1 gameplay screen and 1 screen that's minimap-level important.

As far as paid emulation goes, it's all fucking immoral as shit, but I guess it's less immoral than the guys who literally just steal SNES9x and VBA code and sell it.
>>
>>146586061
>He leaked my private conversations.
You shouldn't have made fun of him for the other things then.

>Anyway, I'm willing to let it go for this time.
Well that solves the issue then. Lets all get along and move forward now :) .
>>
>>146585984
Did he primarily RE? Or did he primarily use docs? Just wondering how well the system is documented, because I love ps2.
>>
>>146586656
>independently resize/reposition the screens

That's always kinda bugged me. How come desmume doesn't have that?
>>
>>146587156
X432R does in a limited fashion, actually.
>>
>>146586662
>You shouldn't have made fun of him for the other things then.

I made fun of him after he leaked my private convo. Caus and effect.

A line was crossed there and everything becomes fair game then.

Anyway, I am fine with letting it go.
>>
>Fraps doesn't work with D3D12 in 5.0

What does everyone use for taking screenshots? I'd use Dolphin if it actually let me choose a directory for them.
>>
>>146588759
Look the answer to all of your fucking computer problems are all going to be upgrade to Windows 7, so just get it over with already.
>>
>>146588997

But I'm on 10 already...
>>
so which one currently emulates better? Dolphin 5.0 or the latest Ishiiruka?
>>
>>146589078
I know.
>>
>>146589591
Is Ishiiruka not up to date? I thought it was being kept up to date. Regardless, if shader stuttering is still a thing, Ishiiruka remains the only option if you care about not being interrupted and having accurate timing.
>>
>>146588759
What is the problem with the current screenshot directory?

You could use Shadowplay if you have Nvidia. Or Afterburner.
>>
Best part of 5.0 releasing is the feature freeze is finally over.
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/3935
>>
>>146589956

Don't see any option for just taking a screenshot with Shadowplay.
>>
Really wish someone would take a whack at fixing mednafen's remaining software renderer issues.

I'm almost ready to _pay_ rhyphecha at this point, but I'm pretty sure she'd just refuse and go back to tinkering with her WIP Saturn emulator.
>>
>>146589748
Might take a few hours/days or whatever for Ishiiruka to update in sync with Dolphin, so who knows.
>>
>>146590814
Really disturbed by those flickering Square logos on FF8 eh?
>>
>>146585853
>No serious errors are now reported by Validation layers so this might fix AMD Vulkan.

Well, does it?
>>
>>146590814
Is it really _that_ important? There's only 7 games that have visual glitches, and they're either incredibly minor, or on games no one cares about.
>>
>>146590814

Why improve it when you can break it? https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/67
>>
>>146590814
I'm not even sure I ever had a problem with the native res software renderer, I'd love for a couple problems I encountered with the higher than native res rendering to get fixed but I doubt that's gonna happen
>>
I applied the xenoblade ishiiruka patch for the hd pack but now I'm getting "disc could not be read" errors, what do.
>>
>>146570351
Pretty sure I tried both but I'll try x86 in a bit and get back to you. Thanks.
Is it best to use the newest emucr build?
>>
>>146590278
Feature request: Make Dolphin as fast as Ishiiruka
>>
>>146591186
>>146591068

It's called finishing what you start. I know that's a foreign concept to the younger generations (including mine, unfortunately), but trust me when I say it used to be very much in vogue. One of the games doesn't matter, that much I'll concede (it doesn't even work on all models of PS1; at that point it doesn't _deserve_ to be preserved), but the others very much deserve to have as accurate an emulation as mednafen allows.

I'd love it if mednafen could claim 100% software compatibility with everything in the PS1 library within these constraints. It would be an absolutely historic triumph within the enthusiast community in every way, and it's worth paying for if that's what it takes.
>>
>>146592942

"finishing what you start" is not easy with emulation, that's pretty open ended. There's always something else you could improve or implement. You could spend your life writing a PSX emu and still find new things to emulate.
>>
>>146592919
Np.
>Is it best to use the newest emucr build?
Yes it's best to use that, unless you can compile your own build or can get a compiled build from someone else. One flaw I noticed a while ago is that Emucr didn't update the RSP HLE plugin. Not sure if the current builds have the up to date RSP HLE plugin, you can tell by the date of the file though.
>>
>>146592942
>It's called finishing what you start.
It's a good concept but I invite you to look up another called cost vs reward.
>>
>>146592942
I remember mednafen dev saying that fixing some of the timing issues would make the whole emulator ~2-3 times slower.
>>
Are there no working 360 emulators out there? I need to play ninja gaiden 2 but my 360 died ages ago.
>>
>>146593194
K, I'll check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>146593160

"within these constraints"

>>146593378

No, that's '80s corporate bullshit. That's why you currently live in a rapidly deteriorating crapsack world.

Someone needs to start a new thread soon; bump limit.
>>
>>146593793

What constraints?
>>
>>146593603

Could hardware within the last five years run it? If so I say go for it. mednafen already isn't going to win any mobile emulation awards.
>>
>>146593940

IIRC what's missing is deep emulation of the CPU pipeline. Not only is it slow to emulate, it's also a bitch to reverse-engineer.
>>
>>146593793
>No, that's '80s corporate bullshit.
You can see it like that but tell us why you think spending a lot of time making the emulator several times slower to fix minor issues is acceptable?

I'm pretty sure you could just wing it with per-game hacks but that's not how recaptcha does things and not how you should do things in general
>>
>>146592942

Recapcha said that making it be 100% would make it much more CPU intensive.

As such, there should be a standard and Accurate profile. Making two gives it flexibility.
>>
Recommended Genesis emulator for Android?
>>
File: 1466847295348.gif (2MB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466847295348.gif
2MB, 700x700px
>>146590278
>Vulkan
>>
>>146593737

Nope, nothing usable yet.
>>
>>146593889

It doesn't have to be cycle-accurate, nor does the CD loading need to be any slower than necessary (nowhere near a real PS1, for example). It doesn't need IR up-scaling, nor does it need to support any more disc image formats than it already does. No significant enhancements need apply, in other words.

When you can say every game looks as it should on a real PS1 (save that one previously mentioned exception), then you're done. Anything else is beyond the scope of the project.
>>
>>146593194
Seems like it's newest. Was updated on the 16th.
Still just crashes on launch with all default plugins.
>>
>>146594201

Because you can argue what issues are "minor" to the ends of the earth. No issue no argument.

And as I said, mednafen already demands quite a few resources; what harm in more if reasonably modern hardware can take the punishment?
>>
>>146594246

I would be in favor of that as well, especially if I could pay for it.
>>
>>146594767

But that's your arbitrary set of constraints, why do you expect her to have the same priorities?

When you're writing an emulator spending a tremendous amount of time debugging some super obscure feature for the sake of having one game nobody cares about run correctly is not exactly motivating.

Now of course reaching 100% compatibility with all licensed games is kind of a holy grail and could be a motivation on its own but it's easier said than done.

Look at all the people shitting on mednafen in this very general because it's slow and "unoptimized". That doesn't exactly motivate you to write a super accurate emulator when 99% of the userbase will still continue using ePSXe because it runs on their smartphone.
>>
>>146594870
>>146593194
Ah, working now. Thanks for pushing me to try it again.
>>
>>146594767
>nor does the CD loading need to be any slower than necessary (nowhere near a real PS1, for example)
To play all games without issue, it actually does.
>>
>>146595182
>When you're writing an emulator spending a tremendous amount of time debugging some super obscure feature for the sake of having one game nobody cares about run correctly is not exactly motivating.
Downplaying the issue does not make things better.

>Look at all the people shitting on mednafen in this very general because it's slow and "unoptimized". That doesn't exactly motivate you to write a super accurate emulator when 99% of the userbase will still continue using ePSXe because it runs on their smartphone.
It's not like she even cares enough to optimize her emu.. So it's not really a valid excuse imho.
>>
>>146595041
>Because you can argue what issues are "minor" to the ends of the earth.
Shit like 1 dot in a screen that appears once, the BIOS sound staying for slightly longer than it should or even the texture issues in Vigilante 8 is definitely what I would consider minor and not worth fixing unless it's easy and without major repercussions on the rest of the emulator.

>And as I said, mednafen already demands quite a few resources; what harm in more if reasonably modern hardware can take the punishment?
Well let's see, my haswell i7 can do anywhere between 350 to 170fps 3 times as low puts it in "can't run fullspeed all the time" territory so there's your harm, and now consider that most people don't even have anything near as good as that.
>>
>>146595746
>It's not like she even cares enough to optimize her emu..
It's incredibly optimized for what it is.
>>
>>146595236
>>146593194
Downloaded what I assume is a newer version of Azimer's HLE audio from emucr but games won't start with that enabled for some reason.
Seems like the sound really stutters horrifically in Harvest moon with the base plugins.
>>
>>146592942
I dunno, emulation is always a WIP from what I know. You pretty much can always go deeper. BSNES could keep going deeper too, to try to be transistor accurate or some shit.
>>
>>146594328
Who are you, little lady?
>>
>>146595331

Not according to rhyphecha. :/
>>
>>146596594
And now it won't work with the initial plugin I was using. Great.
>>
New Thread:
>>146596892
>>146596892
>>
>>146595912

No, texture issues are not "minor".
>>
>>146596798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6HIIZ5j3dY
>>
>>146597017
To quote the issue itself
>Vigilante 8
>Has weird red and green(and a few blue) garbage pixels in patches sometimes during gameplay.

It's classifed under lesser issues so I guess it's not that frequent or hard to notice.
>>
File: VIGILA~1-0001.png (23KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
VIGILA~1-0001.png
23KB, 350x240px
>>146597017
It's just this. Happens randomly, only in the distance, and only on 1 level.
>>
>>146597475

That's not minor.
>>
>>146598118
The dev doesn't agree with you.
>>
>>146598291
that's a real shame..
>>
>>146598291

Considering the dev is a recluse who hardly breathes the outside air, I'm not sure how you have this inside line to know what their specific thoughts are.
>>
>>146598565
>I'm not sure how you have this inside line to know what their specific thoughts are.
https://github.com/OpenEmu/Mednafen-Core/blob/master/mednafen/psx/notes/PSX-TODO#L37
>***Lesser issues***
>>
>>146598786

Lesser does not mean minor.
>>
>>146598917
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lesser+synonym
Thread posts: 789
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.