[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XCOM General - /xcg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 236

File: alienhunters.jpg (749KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
alienhunters.jpg
749KB, 1920x1080px
We are perfectly balanced Edition

Previous Mission: >>143190397

News:

1)
Alien Hunters DLC has been released on PC alongside a large patch, notably including various MP fixes. It's coming to Mac "soon".
>https://xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc

2)
Anon dug up some Shen's Last Gift SDK assets, MECs are confirmed along with a bunch of other leaks:
>http://imgur.com/a/Z5aWQ

3)
Long War Studios are working on five more mods for XCOM2.
>https://xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods

4)
Julian Gollop is still working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM.
>https://twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>http://www.phoenixpoint.info/
>http://www.pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>http://pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

<<Helpful XCOM 2 Links!>>
Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>http://pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW STEAM COLLECTION, contains all Workshop-mods from the modlist:
>https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689085703

MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 or so mods from the new modlist:
>https://mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>http://pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

/xcg/'s Image Library:
>http://imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Music for fighting the good fight:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYC0qgPQfiM
>>
>>143523179
That was shitty spot and he ended up in it due to bad luck but just going fuck it and disabling them entirely in a massive fit instead of going "where did it go wrong and what could I improve" is so unlike the Beagle I like
>>
>>143523708
when you see such an incrediblely stupid and anti fun game design in action, how can you not be frustrated
>>
Man the way that chat is full of people dickriding beagle and jump on anyone that say otherwise is painful.

Like, I think Rulers definitely need to be looked at to say the least, but god damn.
>>
>>143523851
I don't think it's either of those things, but okay. I can see why someone would think that and I shouldn't hold Beagle to a higher standard than anyone else but I do, this final mission was just bad showmanship. Even during Escalation he never threw tantrums like this.

Okay, maybe a little.
>>
File: BestPistol.jpg (322KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BestPistol.jpg
322KB, 1920x1080px
Pistols are Useful.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-26 22-00-11-95.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-26 22-00-11-95.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>143523327

Baw gawd, it's a mec. Second one i see on this campaign, first one i see after the blacksite one.
>>
>>143523708
I had my A team squad ready for combat, with all the meme weapons and well underway into the mission. Then the Muscle Queen appeared and murder all of them. It fucking broke my heart and I stopped playing for a while.

Yeah I looked back on it and consider what I could have done, the importance of the snek suit, not having mag weapons on half my squad but when I reloaded the bowcaster an the Queen stunned 3 people in one reaction I was devastated.

Beagle said he will play around with the ruler for the next round if he can, I'm curious to see what he does with them.
>only reacts when soldiers expends all moves
>limited to x reacts a turn
>>
>>143523973
Gave up after kinda bringing it up during strategy layer before the mission, people were already salty about rulers in general then. Unwarranted imo but hey, not my business. I acknowledge that they feel unfair sometimes but I think they're fun.
>>
>all this talk of beagle throwing a fit
is that why the stream was so short?short in comparison to the other week
>>
File: FubukiOUCH.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FubukiOUCH.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
>>143523973

Yeah, I usually don't look at the chat but today salt just hurts to watch.
>>
>>143524308
He had to end it today early because of things. Even so, starting a new campaign at this time would just be gatecrasher and then that's it.
>>
It seems i was fortunate that the dlc came out very late in my campaign.
>>
>>143524302
i like the rulers, but i feel like the devs just said "fuck it lets give them op weapons to make up for the balance"
in a perfect world the rulers would have been designed around the tools we already have and build up from there
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-26 22-08-51-22.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-26 22-08-51-22.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>143524175

And that's another happy ending
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-26 22-12-41-07.jpg (326KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-26 22-12-41-07.jpg
326KB, 1920x1080px
>>143524914

Too bad that was only one block on the avatar project
>>
>>143524308
>is that why the stream was so short?short in comparison to the other week

Nah, I have to call someone to wreck my car because it's unregistered and it'll cost too much to make it roadworthy again.

>>143523708
>>143523973
>>143524094
>>143524364

I don't like people dickriding me just because I'm me either, but on the opposite side of the scale I also don't like people hating on me because I'm me.

As far as I can remember the only time I've ever been legitimately mad on stream is the time Mikey dying to the Seeker. I'd had a really bad fight with Jamball the night before and I was in a pretty awful mood, so when that happened first thing in the morning I just *lost it*. Point being, that was about personal life, the game just triggered it.

Anyway, my point is I don't like that I can't speak out against things without people saying I'm having a fit. I've seen enough of the reaction mechanic by now to say I didn't think it made sense, and in practice, it doesn't make sense - there's a lot of reasons that design-wise I just think it's a bad introduction that restricts player choice without providing or encouraging any new playstyles that would work better against the rulers. I can see why they did it - vanilla Legendary is a joke so throwing in something so blatantly broken kind of evens out the balance somehow - but I don't think that makes it a good addition, particularly if you've spent the last few months since release making the game more challenging already and you don't need alien superman to do that for you.

I don't like the idea of toning down or disabling a vanilla mechanic but if it's just going to frustrate me right when I've got the game feeling interesting and challenging again, I'm not really interested in slamming my head against it and learning how to cheese the reaction mechanic properly. It's not something I'd see myself keeping around for any other reason than to stop people from complaining I made my game easier.
>>
>>143525195
Shit dude, I hope things get better
>>
>>143525195
Thanks for clearing that up here, good to see you still browse on occasion! A lot of the negativity comes from standard issue 4chins elitism so don't stress it - and I say that as someone who likes and will defend rulers in most cases.

New balance looks great, look forward to seeing it in action more!
>>
>>143525195
Just so we know, do you normally lurk or do you drop by when you catch wind we're having some banter about you? Just curious
>>
>>143525351
I remember when this got posted, it was hard to believe that actually happened. Those are some really cute titties too.

I fapped to them. I bet this girl is really pretty too. If you're still around then pls be my gf
>>
>>143525962

>not fapping to snek
>not fapping to patsy

NORMIE OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>143525195
I didn't mean to bang on you dude, I agree with the crux of what you were saying - you shouldn't have to play entirely differently just because something MIGHT happen, that's dumb.
>>
File: FubukiClass(rariatto_(ganguri)).png (477KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
FubukiClass(rariatto_(ganguri)).png
477KB, 1000x688px
>>143525195
>>Mikey

Seekers actually flanking -and- shooting was quite the wake up call to the new changes to the AI that day. Not only it did hurt but losing a Base Defense survivor was quite the kick too so no blame for the rage of that day.

But don't get it wrong, the chat 'hurts' in the sense that they don't see the whole picture. Plus, when you add those crits through cover and the generally more pressing sense of urgency of the mods that are active makes for a much harder experience.

It was quite hard to face that Ruler alone, especially when you add the extra 'moves' it has when you consider the extra Operatives, but it was quite over when those extra patrols made it into the firefight.

Disabling the Rulers is quite a good alternative as re-balancing them will take way too much consideration unless someone gets a lucky idea to do it. Is more promisiong to start with the Stunt Lancer and see how they can get into a much more acceptable position.
>>
File: 1460088831221.jpg (287KB, 1200x760px) Image search: [Google]
1460088831221.jpg
287KB, 1200x760px
>>143525195
Yeah disabling is the right call. Trying to get a big modded campaign running in a semblance of balance and not breaking is hard enough, but alien rulers just introduce a complete curveball to the equation.

Alien rulers is a challenge dlc, plain and simple, and they don't fit in with a vanilla campaign, and especially not with a campaign that is already supposed to raise the difficulty and changes how alot of vanilla balance.

Just slap the DLC tick off and don't look back until people have actually had enough time to figure out how to actually modify rulers and have new concepts on balancing them. Can't wait for the new campaign tomorrow even if I'm sad this one got cut short.
>>
>>143525195
I'm sorry for the shitflinging we can have about you here, I hope you know it's not at all representative for how the majority of us look at you and your content. It's easy to see the bad feedback more than the good, so I'm suprised you even come here considering how pissy people here can be when talking about you or other e-celebs. Anonimity is a curse and a blessing, really brings out the worst in people - I hope it doesn't drive you away from us as a community, because we really do appreciate you and the fact that for a lot of the LW-era your streams held this place together. Hell, just look at the strawpoll for our /vg/ league roster where you took it home by a landslide.

That notwithstanding, I don't agree with you about rulers. I mod my game extensively - you can ask some anons here about my Long DongCOM campaign - where I have squadsizes of 8-10 + way long fatigue timers, and I still don't really agree with your complaint that the reaction mechanic is broken/can't be countered, because it can - in a lot of very interesting ways tactically that make items I would never have considered before AH seem really, really viable. It also makes the earlygame easier by introducing the new items, which is great because vanilla XCOM2 legendary suffered from frontloading what little difficulty it had into the first one or two months.

Alien Hunters to me is variation in a game which sorely needed it - the major gripe with AH is that it also introduces no-win scenarios where a series of ifs can lead you into a spot nobody could make it out of unscathed, and that sucks. It's unrewarding and antifun. This happened in your stream today because of all the extra difficulty and hoops you have to jump through in order to evac, but I'm positive that rulers could work - and be really fun - in your campaign with a bit of balancing to counteract the general difficulty jump you've created in everything else.

It's 7am and I'm too tired to post anything cohesive though
>>
File: 1463811430739.jpg (553KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
1463811430739.jpg
553KB, 1728x972px
>>143526083
>>snek
>>patsy

I'll rather go Prude.

>>143526707

Basically this.

Rules add too much into the equation at the moment for them to be part of a challenge mod.
>>
i have been thinking for a while, what if the rulers only get to reaction after a soldier used both actions?
i feel like that could give to a lot of skills that dont end your turn their time to shine
for example a grenadier with salvo and heavy ordinance could stun lock a ruler by its own and the giving the chance to reload and fire the bolt caster on the same turn without reaction considering that its not even a guaranteed hit or stun
AoE abilities like devastation would be possible to blue move most of your soldiers (depending on how early on the turn is) out of range but by that token you are committing your first action to that and risking putting your self on danger of more pods or the ruler itself
>>
>>143525605
Thanks! But things are fine, just the same amount of frustration and obstacles anybody has to deal with.

>>143525632
Glad you like it, it's important to me that the modding is enough to make the game more fun and interesting for me to play but restricted enough that it didn't suck the fun out of it for you and others to watch.

>>143525764
I come here every so often now. I used to browse after every stream at least but I fell out of doing that as a habit when XCOM 2 was coming out, where there was a lot of negativity about me. I don't say that to guilt anyone, just that matter-of-factly coming here to read people saying Hurtful Words on the Internet was getting to me through the volume and regularity of it that was posted. Though it did make it harder to parse legitimate feedback from people just being assholes - like I said above it's important to me that the modding is restricted enough, because I saw a lot of people with legit feedback who didn't like how much modding I was doing and that it hurt their enjoyment. The main thing I like seeing here is what people really think so I can adapt and improve. If people say they're having a good time to my face but are actually disappointed with the streams or video, it doesn't help me be more entertaining for them in the future, so it's good that people are honest here. Though I'll admit it hurts to see people say they feel like they've lost a friend because they don't enjoy watching me anymore or that they 'miss when I was good' - but again, that comes from a place of honesty, not from anyone trying to be mean, and that's something worth hearing.

>>143526094
No worries at all.

>>143526264
>Disabling the Rulers is quite a good alternative as re-balancing them will take way too much consideration

That's how I feel and it goes hand in hand with restricting from going nuts on modding. I could try to do any number of ideas to rebal rulers but none will be unilaterally agreed with or liked.
>>
>>143526707
>Yeah disabling is the right call. Trying to get a big modded campaign running in a semblance of balance and not breaking is hard enough, but alien rulers just introduce a complete curveball to the equation.

That's the bright side, I'm really happy to have the campaign modlist/setup in a place that seems more or less unilaterally liked/enjoyed from the audience, and also that I really enjoy as well. After being wowed by every mod that got released since launch, I think pulling back and restricting how many are enabled was an obvious choice, but I didn't see how much the modding both obsfucated my and the audience's enjoyment of the game fast enough. When it feels like this big mess of a mod orgy and dozens of tweaks, it's obviously not going to be fun for anyone, which I should've seen sooner.

>>143526716
No worries at all. It is much, much easier to focus on negative feedback than positive, and the real tickler is when that negative feedback is half legitimate and half not - when I started to agree with people writing sincere posts about how they were disappointed, it made it hard to then ignore people just being assholes which is common no matter what - if you listen to one type you feel like the other is true as well. But seeing people be happier with the recent modlist campaign and say it's the one they've enjoyed the most since XCOM 2 was a thing reinforces that there's legitimate issues that needed to be repaired in what I was playing, and also *when* I was playing - not having to get up at 4 AM helps a hell of a lot.

I'd be interested to talk to you more about how you think the reaction mechanic should be countered play-wise. Perhaps you can help me see something I'm missing that's key to understanding them. I like the Rulers as an idea and I love the items and art and themes the DLC introduces.
>>
>>143527994
>I'd be interested to talk to you more about how you think the reaction mechanic should be countered play-wise. Perhaps you can help me see something I'm missing that's key to understanding them. I like the Rulers as an idea and I love the items and art and themes the DLC introduces.
If so, you've actually already got my e-mail! You may/may not remember me as the dude who e-mailed you and Jambs a while back to tell you I appreciate 'ya and also ask about how the hell DefaultMissions.ini worked
I'll write you when I've gotten some sleep, I like discussing XCOM.

To sum up my thoughts about what should change with AH balance briefly with a lot of time clocked with it, the problem is that it punishes the player for doing anything at all, not only aggressive moves. To me, it'd make perfect sense if a Ruler were to retreat after every shot you got at him, and got a free shot back in a riposte-type of deal. Basically, were it up to me I'd give him two actions points per reaction - but only in response to the player making aggressive moves, so a player A) Actually had the tactical option of retreat without being chased down and B) Could reorient his squad to engage an incoming ruler without immediately getting punished for what is in all regards the only sound move to make.

It's great to have you back in /xcg/, man! I hope you can bear with us and start dropping in after a few more streams.
>>
>>143527516
>>143527994
Would you ever consider releasing your ini files for the streams you do? I know there is a gdoc with your mods but stuff like grenadier tweaks and other miscellaneous things would be nice to have for people that want to try what they see on steam (im not alone am i?). I also realize you probably change stuff all the time trying to find a balance and that it would take extra time and that you have no obligation to. Anyway, just an idea i had.
>>
>>143528797
not him but i think you underestimate how god damn easy it is to tweak stuff like skill trees in the .ini
>>
>>143528464
I agree with that, that'd make sense. When I say the reaction mechanic is really bad I mean as introduced currently - reactions for any half action, for everything the player does. I agree with you that the system can work, but as it stands it just punishes the player for doing *anything* - which is also why I have a habit of arguing with anyone who says it simply encourages a different playstyle.

>>143528797
I'd like to release those changes but doing things as simple .ini file uploads in this complex time of steam workshop mods and etc feels like it might not be ideal. But on the other hand I don't have the familiarity with modding tools to make a steam workshop mod of what I've tweaked. Maybe if I play more of this campaign setup and it continues to be fun and enjoyable I'll zip up the ini files I've changed or get someone to help me push them to a workshop mod. Until then though I hope people can use the gdoc as instructions to tweak their own .ini's - shouldn't take too long once you know how.
>>
>>143528869
You're right, i haven't done much with the inis apart from adding a squad member which was very easy. Is there a centralized resource i should look at?
>>
>>143529156
>as it stands it just punishes the player for doing *anything* - which is also why I have a habit of arguing with anyone who says it simply encourages a different playstyle.
That's fair, it is weird that it punishes a player for doing anything but to me it's also a great way of spicing up gameplay that in vanilla rapidly regressed back into alpha-striking every pod all the damn time. I like AH because it broke off the monotony, but that doesn't mean I'm blind to the fact that it IS unfair.

>Maybe I'll get someone to help me push them to a workshop mod
I could do that, if you'd mail me your files and tell me roughly what you've edited. Could send over the mod package once I'm done so you could publish it on your own Steam, more people would probably find it that way.
>>
They should just make it so that the Ayy Rulers counter your attacks. That way they don't rape you when you move or reload, but they still get their bullshit turns in between your attacks, and it would probably make frost grenades or whatever more useful.

I dunno, i haven't actually fought an Ayy ruler yet.
>>
>>143529595
Kind of, but imo this'd be too much of a nerf - I say do this, but give 'em two actions on every attack/grenade/flashbang. Anything which applies a debuff or damages the ruler and it gets two actions. Still gives you a LOT more leeway than vanilla because you can actually position properly.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-26 21-03-03-12.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-26 21-03-03-12.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
>>143524115

PISTOLS
>>
File: CYSJt-5UsAAmNMv.png (110KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
CYSJt-5UsAAmNMv.png
110KB, 540x800px
40th for cyclops eye mod when
>>
>>143527516
>>143527994

Please consider doing Fanart sections once more.
>>
>>143531435
Seconding this. Really brings the community together. Maybe just set it to like a 30 minute time limit if you feels it always drags on too long.
>>
File: sword_ia.jpg (1MB, 1200x950px) Image search: [Google]
sword_ia.jpg
1MB, 1200x950px
>>143530369

SWORDS
>>
>>143531559

are useless
>>
File: beag1lerush_by_jbugx-d9uryis.jpg (220KB, 988x808px) Image search: [Google]
beag1lerush_by_jbugx-d9uryis.jpg
220KB, 988x808px
>>143531435
Wanna know the real reason fanart became something that fatigued me and I stopped doing it?

Because it's easy to talk about and highlight the various excellent pieces that were sent in once a week, but in order to highlight *everything* including stuff that wasn't as good or hadn't had as much effort put in, it was a huge chunk of time for one and required a lot of good spin to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

I appreciate the time and effort of anyone who's going to create something and send it to me, so I don't want to exclude people by picking and choosing only the best pieces to highlight and then making others feel like they're not good enough or their piece isn't appreciated. But at the same time I feel like that policy also just encouraged more people to send everything and anything in - and when you're getting dozens of pieces in a week and half of them are made in MSPaint, it takes a considerable chunk of time to go through and give each of them their due. That started to feel like it was bogging me down and the stream down, so I stopped doing it.

I still highlight the most amazing or excellent stuff I see through my twitter or otherwise, because people who put in a huge amount of effort and talent into their art deserve that recognition and appreciation regardless. But I never intended the fanart highlight section to become a sort of 'memery' where I read jokes and comics out loud for an hour - that's the kind of stuff I'd rather read and look at in my own time, not on stream. I don't think there's any way to seperate the two without putting rules and exclusions on who can send in what and who gets shown on stream, which whether it's too sensitive an approach or not, the bottom line is people's feelings will get hurt some way or another and if I can avoid that I will.
>>
File: xcom_pfc_trashbag.jpg (1MB, 1275x6480px) Image search: [Google]
xcom_pfc_trashbag.jpg
1MB, 1275x6480px
>>143531589

OUT WITH YOU

>>143532070

I understand from where you come from with that policy but even then I would still prefer a 10-15 minute dash through the best fanart (or the ones that made you laugh) rather than no fanart section at all.
>>
>>143532818
>I understand from where you come from with that policy but even then I would still prefer a 10-15 minute dash through the best fanart (or the ones that made you laugh) rather than no fanart section at all.

Maybe. Would probably have to be last week's that I check throughout the week and then decide on choices for the day, if anything.
>>
File: advent_futbol.jpg (517KB, 877x1240px) Image search: [Google]
advent_futbol.jpg
517KB, 877x1240px
>>143533127

Works for me.
>>
editing ini files and "rebalancing" abilities/skills/values is not modding
>>
File: canzhajiang.png (1MB, 1418x1000px) Image search: [Google]
canzhajiang.png
1MB, 1418x1000px
>>143532070
>>143533127

On an unrelated note, Are you planning on streaming the new DOOM?
>>
>>143533127
Maybe you could even use as a way to pad your youtube? Just a sort of archive video of the previous weeks fanart. That seems pretty simple, and also gets everyone piece out there. Then again that may take longer then I think. You could even maybe delegate it.
>>
>>143532070
That's what I'm betting most people suspected. I know there were some times when you genuinely wanted to just skip over all those shitty 5 second doodles you got every stream.

Choosing not to look at some of them might be a little touchy as some of those could be from subscribers, and those are the ones literally paying you to say their name on stream, they could feel betrayed from not getting special treatment.
>>
>>143533886
>Choosing not to look at some of them might be a little touchy as some of those could be from subscribers, and those are the ones literally paying you to say their name on stream, they could feel betrayed from not getting special treatment.

Man, subscribing and donating is interesting like that, in the context of streaming. Most people are good human beings who don't expect anything special and just want to help out, others do it for special treatment.

I feel bad for the latter not just because I try to treat everyone equal paying or not, but because I feel like I'm ripping them off. If you pay me money for special treatment for me I feel like it's ridiculous that they'd want it from me of all people. I'm not worth the money. At least when people subscribe to hot chicks on twitch for attention I get the reasoning, but I'm not hot *or* a chick.

>>143533764
I've played a few hours of the new DOOM and I really like it. I'm recording it offline and hoping to make videos out of it instead of streaming it. Though I'm a little worried there'll be too much swearing and yelling in it for some viewers.
>>
File: EroiLNV.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EroiLNV.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>143534517
>Though I'm a little worried there'll be too much swearing and yelling in it for some viewers.
Sounds like a good time
>>
File: KindaCute.jpg (11KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
KindaCute.jpg
11KB, 208x200px
>>143534517
>>Though I'm a little worried there'll be too much swearing and yelling in it for some viewers.

I like where this is going already.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 00-17-05-10.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 00-17-05-10.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
AAAAH ENEMY SPOTTED HELP ME MUTON
>>
Looks like I missed a shitshow last night.
>>
File: ComputerGames.jpg (227KB, 995x981px) Image search: [Google]
ComputerGames.jpg
227KB, 995x981px
>>143534517

Speaking of YouTube, Planning of keeping up with those campaigns?
>>
Is x-com 2 good. Do I need mods
>>
>>143537417
XCOM2 is good. You don't need mods, but you'll want them. I recommend sticking to fixes, cosmetics, and quality of life mods until you complete a campaign. Check the pastebin in the OP for recommended mods that work.
>>
File: 20160527005600_1.jpg (397KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527005600_1.jpg
397KB, 1680x1050px
> Have ranger
> Give him superior speed
> Arm him with an SMG (mod) that increases his mobility
> Give him serpent armor
> He can now move literally halfway across the level in a single fucking turn

And he just got promoted and I gave him implacable. He can literally run across half the level up to an enemy, stab the bitch, and then run half way back to where he was before. I've created a monster. Oh and he's got Run and Gun for additional fun
>>
File: cia.png (225KB, 687x495px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
225KB, 687x495px
>>143537417
That's a big question
>>
>>143537958

You need to give him the T3 armor that lets him walk through walls now.
>>
File: Marauder.png (423KB, 1260x985px) Image search: [Google]
Marauder.png
423KB, 1260x985px
>>
File: Marauder-Xenonauts.jpg (420KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Marauder-Xenonauts.jpg
420KB, 1280x800px
>>
>>143540024
>>143540094
airgame is useless

fuck off
>>
File: AirGameRules.jpg (46KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
AirGameRules.jpg
46KB, 600x401px
>>143540167

Right back at ya.
>>
>>143540336
U S E L E S S
>>
File: CAS.jpg (439KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
CAS.jpg
439KB, 1200x1500px
>>143540414

Say that to my G U N
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00001.jpg (60KB, 1400x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00001.jpg
60KB, 1400x900px
>>143540414
>>143540676
F U N
>>
File: 100 to fuck off.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
100 to fuck off.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>Sectopod gets discovered
>next turn it walks through an entire building, KO's one of my guys
>entire squad panics for 2 turns
>another Sectopod appears and kills my medic

Fuck sectopods.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 03-34-20-28.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 03-34-20-28.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
This mission is so quiet, i managed to get into the building with the objective without spotting any pods, i hear footsteps nearby whenever it's the ayy turns but i can't see shit, there's even a thunderstorm going non. It reminds of the crashed ufo missions from EW, it's almost, spooky.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 03-38-31-05.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 03-38-31-05.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>143541502

Uh oh they're coming in from behind
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 03-38-38-51.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 03-38-38-51.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
>>143541679

And i guess everyone else is outside the building, but still right next to the objective.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 03-44-42-32.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 03-44-42-32.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>143541781

Welp they found us, and these snipers man, what the fuck.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 03-56-41-44.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 03-56-41-44.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>143542098

Uh oh, that's one A team member down.
>>
File: 1404544941121.jpg (187KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1404544941121.jpg
187KB, 1024x768px
>>143540094
It took me a little while to realize you could send multiple interceptors in Xenonauts so I had been wondering what the fuck the point of MiGs were when they only had two missiles and nothing else. At first I figured they were supposed to be used for hit and run tactics, i.e. have them soften a UFO up with a couple missiles, retreat, and then let another interceptor with MGs finish the UFO.

Still, I like that aspect a lot since it allows for a more dynamic approach to taking down UFOs than just sending interceptor after interceptor at it.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 03-57-04-21.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 03-57-04-21.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>143542642

And then a Muton knocks unconscious the A team rocketeer.
>>
File: 20160527030629_1.jpg (319KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527030629_1.jpg
319KB, 1680x1050px
>>143538810
The wraith suit? It doesn't grant a mobility boost like the serpent suit does. Pretty sure that's one of the major parts of the mobility buffs he's got.

Also took down the flying bitch king. Sanic the ranger ended up being the one who finished it
> Shit's bad
> Sanic's down to two hit points.
> One more attack and he's done
> Oh yeah axe throw
> Chuck axe at flying faggot
> Hits
> Charge it with axe
> Please work please work please work
> Sanic nails the fucker dead on with the axe nailing it for 6 dmg and killing it

It's ogre. It's finally ogre.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 04-01-03-68.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 04-01-03-68.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>143542870

>Codex shows up with 4 Sectoids
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 04-01-22-65.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 04-01-22-65.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>143543059

A B team scout gets killed by the long dong muton and an advanced trooper with warcry, if you look hard enough, you can see his legs on the bottom left corner as his corpse falls down a hole.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 04-01-52-63.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 04-01-52-63.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>143543152

Uh oh say goodbye to the A team scout too!
>>
File: hoonk.png (1MB, 958x638px) Image search: [Google]
hoonk.png
1MB, 958x638px
> Berserker queen
> Supposed to be a female berserker
> Doesn't have tits

Well fuck you too Fireaxis.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 04-06-04-22.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 04-06-04-22.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
>>143543271

And after a couple of plasma grenades from our top grenadier all the sectoids and the codex are dead, silly codex took cover behind some explosive forklift or something and it died instantaneously.

Our A team scout survived the Muton, the advanced trooper ran into a bolt from our rocketeer after he woke up and now i think, i think only the long dong muton is left.
>>
File: 1431975196883.gif (236KB, 380x201px) Image search: [Google]
1431975196883.gif
236KB, 380x201px
>>143543271
> Plate armor

Yep, there's your problem.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 04-17-39-37.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 04-17-39-37.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>143543480

Things didn't go well man, our Colonel gunner never missed a shot and she was op as fuck, but she got gangbanged by an Archon and a Muton, shit's getting all fucked.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 04-26-23-86.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 04-26-23-86.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>>143543749

>haha you want to rest? TOO BAD HERE AYYDVENT
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 04-33-15-22.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 04-33-15-22.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
>>143544179

I remember during my first campaign, i complained that there were too many advent and not enough ayys. That even the mutons were rare.

Well, they sure fixed that problem.
>>
>>143525351
Sauce?
>>
File: 1453026063634.png (129KB, 409x513px) Image search: [Google]
1453026063634.png
129KB, 409x513px
>>143544586
>almost die from panic when even just 2 muton appear because they will grenade my ass
>tfw seeing this
>>
friendly reminder the firebrand lost
http://www.strawpoll.me/10319861/r
>>
>>143543345
Are you stupid? All the berserkers are female mutons.

Also them not being human and being hopped up on shitloads of alien roids to make them HUEG is additional factors.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 05-20-13-72.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 05-20-13-72.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>143544867

Things went well, i had 2 grenadiers and 2 rocketeers so all those mutons got roasted pretty fast.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 05-03-30-96.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 05-03-30-96.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>>143547891

Remember to remove your ayys.
>>
What do you guys think of the Rulers DLC? How difficult are the new ayys?
>>
>>143549967
poor balancing and campaign integration, awful visual style
>>
>>143549967
trophy room is neat, Rulers are artificially difficult and i've stopped playing with AH installed until they balance them
>>
File: DO NOT EXIST.png (4MB, 4844x2068px) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT EXIST.png
4MB, 4844x2068px
>>143550115
>>
>>143550269
Having a ruler take a turn every time you do any action IS artificial Difficulty.

There's little you can do about it. There's no skill involved or counter.

>just use frost bomb guys then take your 1 and a half unit turns and kill it :^))))
>>
Gearing up for another run after my I/i game crashed and burned. What should I do to make it more interesting?
>>
>>143550798
Long War or XCOM2? Confused since you say I/I
>>
>I got burnt out after pretty much every mission settled into "BTFO first pod with ambush, fight through rest with huge amounts of explosives"

>Are there any mods out there that increase the ability to use stealth and subterfuge? I always felt like XCOM did way too much blatant assaulting for a small, underfunded organization of guerilla fighters.

>try guerilla war

I checked it out, but it seems to not actually make stealth more of a thing, just has more enemies show up...

I want to snipe the enemy sentry, sneak in plant the C4, and use one guy as a distraction for another to kill him without being seen, stuff like that.
>>
>>143551343
then play a different game
>>
>>143551343

Seconding >>143551971
>>
>>143551343
>I want to snipe the enemy sentry, sneak in plant the C4, and use one guy as a distraction for another to kill him without being seen, stuff like that.

GW's headed in that direction but there's no telling how long it'll take to get there technically and balance wise. For now your example is hard to do without technical changes to the basic way XCOM handles pods and activations - it's very all or nothing right now, no such thing as sniping lone sentries or distracting guys to sneak up behind them.

GW as current does put more emphasis on stealth though. Reinforcements don't appear on most missions until you're spotted, so staying hidden for as long as possible is key. Grabbing the objective and evacing instead of having to neutralize all enemies also encourages you to avoid contact and extract without fighting, hence the title Guerrilla War.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 07-03-56-54.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 07-03-56-54.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
Now, i've never complained about rng or artificial difficulty or any of that before in Xcom2 but, this lancer is unconcious, he is one tile away, he is flanked and

>dodge:graced

This is some serious next level bullshit memery going on here, it doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>143551134
XCOM2
>>
>>143552604
>dodge:graced

graced by jake
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 07-07-00-73.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 07-07-00-73.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>143552873

grace this
>>
>>143551971
>>143552079
T_T

>>143552410
Yeah and I get where he's coming from but it's a different style of stealth emphasis.
>>
>>143553059
*GRABS DICK*

>>143551343
also, check these out, they sound like what you want

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=677573817&searchtext=spec+ops
Spec Ops Combat Knives, let you do navy seal bullshit to slit advent throats without breaking concealment

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=652910710&searchtext=escalation

Escalation Classes, specifically the Scout class. Has a lategame perk that allows you to keep concealment if you kill your target in one shot, and a perk to lower detection radius.
>>
File: 1396776220701.jpg (164KB, 787x780px) Image search: [Google]
1396776220701.jpg
164KB, 787x780px
>codex does the "lol no ammo bubble"
>murder codex and aliens are it
>codex bubble explodes the next turn
>"fucking codex reeeeeeee" - anon 2016
>end mission screen
>most under fire: meme beacon
>tfw the entire time.
>>
Here is how to beat rulers

>shoot it
>keep shooting it
>KEEP SHOOTING IT
>DON'T STOP SHOOTING IT
>DON'T MOVE JUST KEEP SHOOTING

If you follow this detailed guide thoroughly, you should find they most rulers will simply fuck off after one or at most two turns.
>>
>>143553287
Thanks I'll try them out, Scout in particular seems good for what I want. Even if I just take one Scout it might be enough to play more the way I want.
>>
>XCOM
>People complain about difficulty
>>
>>143550798
Same happened to me.
>>
>>143552835
I hate to be boring but have you seen our op modlist? It's really good
>>
>>143554430
no I'm complaining about the artificial difficulty that are the rulers
I'm fine with fucking borrowed lids, getting crit out of hard cover, have just enough resources to shred and kill a sectopod only for another to flank me.
>>
>>143556201
>artificial difficulty
Oh boy here we fucking go again. It's only "real" difficulty if your retarded ass can beat it, huh?
>>
File: baited for this exact response.jpg (2MB, 3000x1996px) Image search: [Google]
baited for this exact response.jpg
2MB, 3000x1996px
>>143556556
all too easy
>>
>>143555972
I have and I'm looking at it again now. But there's so much stuff in there, it's hard to tell what to use and combine together. I wish there were some "packages" or something.

Also there are so many other mods not covered. I want to investigate, but I'm leery because you guys presumably left them off for a reason...
>>
>>143551343
In terms of design I think firaxis put themselves in a corner with this one. Xcom2012 took so long in development hell that for them to create something that was fun (if shallow/limiting in some ways compared to the original) was kind of a miracle and that it got such a reception and following even more so (though I'd argue xcom2 only exists thanks to Long war and the increased complexity, anyhow).

As a result, and looking back at the oldcom spinoffs, its easy to see why they didn't want to change their design for gameplay. Land on site, shoot everything that moves, leave. All the underhanded stuff, the subterfuge and intruige and hit and run and morally grey stuff about civil wars and insurgencies are not able to mesh with these mechanics AT ALL without changing something core (bad example but compare with the addition of real time movement in apocalypse).

PR stuff aside about it looking bad to be making something that detractors could call a terrorist cell simulator the stuff that got people hyped setting wise for Xcom 2 was never going to happen because who wants sneaking when there's explosions.
>>
>>143559474
>PR stuff aside about it looking bad to be making something that detractors could call a terrorist cell simulator
This is the big one, with the recent attacks in Europe Firaxis are being very careful with what they release. Sneakily planting explosives in an area with civilians would make front page of the Mail.
>>
File: XCOM_EW_EXALT_Elites1.png (702KB, 1157x977px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM_EW_EXALT_Elites1.png
702KB, 1157x977px
EXALT
X
A
L
T
>>
>>143559707
I think it was certainly a factor, and probably shaped a lot of how the anarchys children pack was all wacky xd mad max stuff that was very off key but regarding the base game a lot of the design work would have been done years back.

and there's no bad publicity really. GTA is the classic, how many kids found out about that absurd digital world where killing hookers for your money back was the norm and then HAD to have it
>>
>>143560521
Even before the rise of IS people are still sensitive about terrorism and guerillas.

No such thing as bad publicity is a myth, the GTA scandals helped as thats the kind of image they deliberately wanted to cultivate because the target market liked that kind of thing, it was effectively actual good publicity. The kind of people that want to play terrorist sims don't play Turn Based Stratetgy games and the target market (more mature gamers) is going to see this kind of thing in the news and think they've lost the plot.
>>
I want to play LW 1.0, what kind of ini edits would you guys recommend? I'm planning to play I/I sooner or later.
>>
>>143563019
Reduce Exalt Health
Use the airgame mod
reduce injury times
Reduce terror mission panic per civillian
Reduce Mechtoid aim.
>>
>>143563265
http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/608/?
You mean this airgame mod? Which values should I change?
Sounds good for a start, though. Thanks.
>>
>>143563827
I did most of my changes as I went along and yes that airgame mod. Just generally reduce repair times and nerf the UFOs
>>
>>143564004
Sounds good, it always pissed me off that you could basically never shoot down large, let alone very large UFOs. And the repair times basically forced you to always start in Egypt.
>>
>>143565063
I find as long as you leave the Interceptor HP alone and don't go overboard in nerfing the UFO's it balances out as your aircraft are capable of shooting down larger ones now but you still can't send pre-upgraded Ravens against larges or v.larges until you get decent weapons as they'll get destroyed before they do much damage.
>>
>>143544595
Some femanon here posted it here in exchange for XCOM tactics

An anon asked her to write Ben on her body and she did
>>
/xcg/ will be playing soon in the /vg/ league 6.

http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//vg/_League_6_Qualifiers
Stream link at the top of the linked page
>>
Game starts in a few minutes

http://pastebin.com/1z7qbaqS
>>
>>143566339
>>143567819
Anybody but me watching, boyos?
>>
GOOOOOAL

>>143568825
i am
>>
File: large_salute.jpg (31KB, 453x347px) Image search: [Google]
large_salute.jpg
31KB, 453x347px
repostan olden golden
youtube.com/watch?v=oSoYaGRtdvk
>>
>>143567819
this is actually pretty damn entertaining
>>
>>143568825
I have it open, looks like chat is dominated by /gerg/ tho
>>
we suck
>>
>>143569895
We'll come back, being underdogs is our element.
>>
>>143570000
QUADS OF HOPE
>>
File: 1438386200153_3.jpg (97KB, 907x737px) Image search: [Google]
1438386200153_3.jpg
97KB, 907x737px
>>143559857
You're going to run out of pics sometime.
>>
FUCKING >99% CHANCE TO HIT WHY DID WE HAVE TO JINX IT
>>
File: 20160527211215_1.jpg (199KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160527211215_1.jpg
199KB, 1440x900px
Oh Jesus Christ this headset and beret combo is just HNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
>>
Kek that match. Living memery running on the field
>>
>>143570929
noice
>>
Beags the absolute MAD MAN
>>
BAGEL WITH THE GOAL
>>
WE'RE STILL IN THIS

How do the qualifiers work? Will we be eliminated completely?
>>
it was Rookie vs Mechs

3-4 is an acceptable outcome.

THOUGH IT IS INTRIGUING
>>
Big ups to our manager, thanks for doing this.

>>143571720
Pretty sure we're still in assuming we win our matches in the future
>>
Sorry guys, i fucked up
I knew the counter of /gerg/ was deadly and i fucked up my sliders pre-game.
I will try my best for the next 2 matches.
>>
>>143572390
Don't beat yourself up 3-4 is a good scoreline man, you made the game super close and interesting! Psyched for our next match.
>>
File: 1459433483147.gif (155KB, 678x422px) Image search: [Google]
1459433483147.gif
155KB, 678x422px
>>143572390
it's all good, it's not over yet (right?). All things considered, you're pretty good
>>
File: 20160527214837_1.jpg (185KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160527214837_1.jpg
185KB, 1440x900px
>by pure luck the game rolls me almost all core characters from previous campaigns
>all ayy lmaos purged with extreme prejudice
>all objectives accomplished
>flawless fucking rating
The old gang is back, baby
>>
Zombie last stand in a mansion in the woods mission when?

Just endless zombies appearing from the fog of war around the mansion, like 15 on screen at once. Have a squad of 8 or 10 guys. It would be so fun. Or just any kind of endless last stand mission you could play. The Avenger base defense mission is my favorite for this reason.
>>
File: mind_warfare_by_superspy6.png (738KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
mind_warfare_by_superspy6.png
738KB, 1360x768px
>>
File: watchmegosupersayan.png (549KB, 529x1154px) Image search: [Google]
watchmegosupersayan.png
549KB, 529x1154px
>>143570929
First mods I downloaded were a shit ton of custom accessories and equipped most of my soldiers with their EW/EU equivalents simply because all the armor in the game is just goofy and stupid as fuck. T3 armor is a suit of purple spandex for fuck's sake.
Also the final bosses look stupid as fuck. You're basically fighting three wannabe Gokus
>>
File: 20160527125915_1.jpg (217KB, 756x866px) Image search: [Google]
20160527125915_1.jpg
217KB, 756x866px
How's my specialist look?
>>
>>143581580
halo/10
>>
>>143581580
Like its wants to lay its eggs inside someone
>>
>>143583810
Don't you fucking dare
>>
>>
>>143583948
Can I post the wasp fic?
>>
File: PANIC MOAR.gif (996KB, 176x135px) Image search: [Google]
PANIC MOAR.gif
996KB, 176x135px
>>143584101
No. Don't do it.
>>
File: waspposting.png (153KB, 418x354px) Image search: [Google]
waspposting.png
153KB, 418x354px
>>143584270
The wasp fic is good (good) http://mcstories.com/Adaptation/Adaptation.html
>>
File: innocencegone.png (28KB, 257x118px) Image search: [Google]
innocencegone.png
28KB, 257x118px
>>143584406
Aaaand i'm out. Peace
>>
>>143584506
Do you not like erotic fics about space wasps that rape the limits of good taste?
>>
>>143537958
>Miguel Diaz
All that speed isn't gonna be worth shit when trump builds the wall
>>
File: xenonauts_aircrafts_by_soloa2.png (249KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
xenonauts_aircrafts_by_soloa2.png
249KB, 640x900px
>>143542724

Yeah.

I wish they expanded more on that. Not only at the beginning but also in the late game were you basically crush all opposition.
>>
File: 20160527135323_1.jpg (364KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527135323_1.jpg
364KB, 1680x1050px
I decided to take on an alien base with a squad of nothing but rookies on legendary difficulty. Leading the operation is Ms. Mary. The operation ended up being a disaster. This is their story.
Also I'm using the Tommy Wiseau voice for all of them.
>>
File: 20160527135354_1.jpg (310KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527135354_1.jpg
310KB, 1680x1050px
>>143586958
The base is located in the middle of a scorching barren desert. As Mary is in charge of this operation she will be on point.
>>
>>143586958
>Tommy Wiseau voice for everyone

You don't have to throw your life! There's still hope!
>>
File: 20160527135424_1.jpg (369KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527135424_1.jpg
369KB, 1680x1050px
>>143587346
Mary spots a sectopod and several soldiers as soon as she takes a few steps forward. fuck.
>>
>>143587534
What mods do you have for that Sectopod?
>>
IT'S ALIEN KILLIN' FRIDAY WOO WOO
Whose ready for the weekend?
>>
>>143590597
ME!
>>
File: 1391823388330.jpg (305KB, 2338x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1391823388330.jpg
305KB, 2338x1700px
FUCK ALIENS!
>>
File: 9f23XpL~01.png (641KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
9f23XpL~01.png
641KB, 1000x800px
>>143590597

Let no ayy go unpurged
>>
>>143593896
GETS IT
>>
So xcg why do you hate the ayys?
>>
File: 1462278032415.jpg (426KB, 1280x871px) Image search: [Google]
1462278032415.jpg
426KB, 1280x871px
>>143590597
Make the Ayy, pray
>>
File: flag-salute-silhouette.jpg (84KB, 412x274px) Image search: [Google]
flag-salute-silhouette.jpg
84KB, 412x274px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WChTqYlDjtI

Who have you lost recently in the fight against the ayys? Lieutenants LeBron James and Bob Ross just passed away for me.
>>
>>143595183
May they become vengeful spirits for your cause
>>
>>143595501
>vengeful spirits
God, I'm now imagining the Sectoid King. Instead of zombies he summons ghosts to fuck your shit up. They can move through objects like the Wraith Suit and are immune to damage. Have to deal enough damage to him to dispell them.
>>
>>143596776
Being able to summon psionic ghosts would actually be kind of cool.
>>
Is there a log file or dev console or something I can use to see why my game crashed? Too many mods to disable them one at a time...
>>
>>143593896
who is the artist and is there more?
>>
>>143596776
>>143596948
the problem is it's just another attack if you can't attack them. it doesn't change the mechanic of "pile damage on leader"
>>
>>143578964
Yeah, I was really disappointed by the end mission desu and the Avatar's looks didn't help AT ALL.
>>
Did anyone actually like TFTD?
>>
>>143598270
yes and I'm psyched as fuck for it after just beating the game
>>
>>143597592
Artist is aelannacessara.deviantart.com
and yes there is more
>>
>>143598058
Maybe they have low health and high damage, or have an ability that lets them explode. I literally spent about 5 seconds thinking about it, so there will of course be flaws.
>>
>>143565786
do you have a copy?
>>
File: MJp7i1r.jpg (1005KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MJp7i1r.jpg
1005KB, 1920x1080px
>>143595183
They're all diamonds
>>
Is it possible to win the game on legendary now?
>>
File: Panic.jpg (55KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
Panic.jpg
55KB, 192x279px
>mfw i found Tiberium during scan
>>
>>143600123
Yes, of course it's possible. Why wouldn't it be? Rulers are nowhere near as bullshit as everyone plays them up to be.
>>
>>143600318
>Rulers are nowhere near as bullshit as everyone plays them up to be.

They're pretty bullshit. Thank god they run away after you do half or a quarter of their health (iirc) in damage in any given mission.
>>
>>143596776
Lets make it worse if the ghosts hit your dudes they are mind controlled until flashed or ruler death
>>
File: 268500_20160526210211_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
268500_20160526210211_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Any one else have dancing corpses in their game?
>>
File: thats xcom baby.gif (2MB, 403x235px) Image search: [Google]
thats xcom baby.gif
2MB, 403x235px
Oh boy time to play some xcom
>>
Can someone tell me what LW's "Leader" Mod for XCOM2 actually does? I don't want to use it until I know how it works, and the info LW put up on the workshop is missing a lot of details.
>>
>>143600678
>when your mind yells: kill XCOM! but your body just wants to dance
>>
>>143600518
Sounds bullshit, I like it. Make the ghosts slow though.
>>
File: rokuwata_tomoe.jpg (194KB, 1000x592px) Image search: [Google]
rokuwata_tomoe.jpg
194KB, 1000x592px
Beagels?
>>
>>143601237
Adds Long War style leaders to xcom 2.
>>
>>143601346
But what if they were fast!
>>
>>143601624
>Adds Long War style leaders to xcom 2

I haven't played with those either
>>
File: 20160528023252_1.jpg (214KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160528023252_1.jpg
214KB, 1440x900px
slav magic does it again
>>
Was the final build of XCOM 2 ever cracked, or are piratefags still stuck with the beta build?
>>
>>143601693
Basically it does fuck all.
>>
>>143570929
>>143601774
Where did you get those helmets and headset?
>>
>>143601780
piratefags never had the beta build, it was the release build without the launch commands that turn off redscreens.
>>
>>143602497
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650731226
Headset.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650242049
Altyn.
>>
no bagels tonight
why am i not suprised, dude skips every other stream these days
>>
File: beagstwit.png (23KB, 582x118px) Image search: [Google]
beagstwit.png
23KB, 582x118px
>>143601563
IT'S OVER
>>
>>143603302
:(

I'm sorry, I really don't want to 'skip' any of them.
>>
>>143603264
thanks senpai
>>
>>143603302
>>143603305
I stayed up until two in the morning here to be told he cancelled. Why does he never say this stuff in advance? I feel like he cancels at least a fourth of his streams like five minutes before they're supposed to start, so damn frustrating. Serves me right I guess
>>
>>143603418
Don't stress it man, life gets in the way sometimes! Will we be seeing DOOM videos anytime soon? You've got us amped up for that stuff now.
>>
File: 20160528032101_1.jpg (310KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160528032101_1.jpg
310KB, 1440x900px
>>143601774
>>
File: 20160528032109_1.jpg (214KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160528032109_1.jpg
214KB, 1440x900px
Putin bless advanced stocks
>>
File: dat slav.jpg (33KB, 554x595px) Image search: [Google]
dat slav.jpg
33KB, 554x595px
>>143604553
He looks very cheeki
>>
File: RavenMini.jpg (103KB, 960x747px) Image search: [Google]
RavenMini.jpg
103KB, 960x747px
>>143603305

Awww...
>>
Where is everyone?
>>
>>143608201
in concealment
>>
File: 20160507184615_1.jpg (306KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160507184615_1.jpg
306KB, 1680x1050px
I just want to say, to the anon who made the ODST armor, you're a real fucking hero.

I have one request, is there any way you could fill in the arms on the torso so I could go short sleeves or any other XCOM arms? The nonODST arms are too small and there's huge see-through gaps
>>
>>143608201
working on a huge whore of a modlist
>>
File: sword.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
sword.gif
2MB, 540x304px
FUCK SNAKES
>>
File: BusterSwordBigSuccess.png (2MB, 1609x1079px) Image search: [Google]
BusterSwordBigSuccess.png
2MB, 1609x1079px
>>143608201

Probably playing DOOM

>>143610232

Good Job.
>>
File: 1457705903427.png (1MB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1457705903427.png
1MB, 1280x1600px
>>143610232
>FUCK SNAKES
sounds good to me fampai
>>
File: 20160527190557_1.jpg (445KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527190557_1.jpg
445KB, 1680x1050px
Could you ever love her despite her horrible scars /xcg/?
>>
>>143611817
> Snake chicks are made from the same DNA as thin men

Does that make them transexuals?
>>
>>143612371
Reverse traps, more likely.
>>
>>143612371
no. Thin men are made from sneks, not the other way around
>>
File: 1277700100291.jpg (27KB, 517x359px) Image search: [Google]
1277700100291.jpg
27KB, 517x359px
>>143612219

Quick /xcg/ i need pictures! Pictures of Sci-Fi weapons!
>>
File: 1459414591375.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459414591375.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>143612725
I have a folder of them, not going to dump unless there's significant demand since I don't want to be an image limit thief
>>
File: games_gun1_thumb2.jpg (86KB, 980x492px) Image search: [Google]
games_gun1_thumb2.jpg
86KB, 980x492px
>>143612725
>>
>>143609836
the one in the op? Thanks if youre the anon who made it, using nearly all of them atm
i'm a poorfag who torrented the game and i get all my mods from the mega link. noticed that the odst armors arent in there even though its in the pastebin, could you put them in please? they look so cool
>>
File: RevolverXCOM.png (1MB, 1120x1280px) Image search: [Google]
RevolverXCOM.png
1MB, 1120x1280px
>>143613139

That kinda looks a bit like XCOM 2's plasma guns now that I think about it.
>>
>>143613139

>that trigger on the front
>>
>>143614907
yeah, I can't imagine the trigger pull would be pleasant
>>
>>143614647
>Bullets that fat.
>No stock
>Single hand grip.

It's a gun you can only fire twice.
>>
>>143615423

>bullets

I think those are supposed to be laser things. It's a laser revolver
>>
File: Mods_Enemies.png (24KB, 804x239px) Image search: [Google]
Mods_Enemies.png
24KB, 804x239px
>>143614394
Nah I'm an /xcg/ newbie myself, but my hunger for mods is all-consuming.

Inf act I was just about to start asking /xcg/ about my list, trying to curate it down to a reasonable level after getting over 250 mods.

So, here are the new enemies I've added. Are there any you really love, hate, or know have issues? I read through the Workshop pages and comments for all of them but it's still hard to tell how they will play out or if the game will have issues with such a large number of new enemies.
>>
>>143615423
it's the new Glock revolver

>>143615607
the miniature display on the side seems to imply that it shoots high explosive shells. The barrel also has rifling, and the cartridges look like projectiles from the front.
>>
>>143616049

>The barrel also has rifling, and the cartridges look like projectiles from the front.

Really? the barrel looks like a lens to me, almost like a flashlight.
>>
File: DETigris.png (91KB, 512x212px) Image search: [Google]
DETigris.png
91KB, 512x212px
>>143614647
>>143613139

I really want to see some mods that add alternative weapon variants like these. I love the sense of impact T3 weapons give but god damn they look stupid as hell.
Also is it just me or do the new hunter weapons look like they were stolen straight out of Warframe? They've pretty much got the same style as the Tenno weapons right down to the silver and wood theme and the emphasis on exotic curves and sharp almost bladed pieces.
>>
File: Super-Shotgun.jpg (2MB, 1999x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Shotgun.jpg
2MB, 1999x1125px
>>143615423

dozo
>>
>>143616049
The prongs at the front and battery indicator on the side display kind of suggest that it's an energy weapon.
>>
>>143616264
>>143616591
the whole thing is fucky upon closer inspection. How do you insert the cartridges/cells? I see no way that the cylinder could swing open
>>
>>143616872
You charge it with a USB cord.
>>
>>143611529
Will this ever get released?
>>
File: 1277053402118.gif (460KB, 292x218px) Image search: [Google]
1277053402118.gif
460KB, 292x218px
>>143611529

>23-25 damage
>>
>>143617375
It's what melee needs to be viable tbqhwy my family member
>>
File: 1445023026160.jpg (23KB, 376x359px) Image search: [Google]
1445023026160.jpg
23KB, 376x359px
>tfw got the Not Throwing Away My Shot achievement by accident
>>
>>143617457

Yeah i bet, with that you could take out an entire map of ayys with one reaper as long as they're within range.
>>
I'm interested in modding XCOM2. What's a good place to start?
>>
My mods for VO disable stopped working. Are there .ini edits I can make that ensure Bradford/Tygan/Shen shut the hell up and stay that way?

In exchange, please accept this photo of Patsy and Sheila.
>>
>>143617903
Reddit. One of the guys made a few videos, the first of which can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si0v_Fgsgdk
>>
The more I play, the less fun this game is. Too much stupid shit, glitches, etc.

The target missions are the worst I think. They're all fucked in their own way. Protect the Device is a joke, the HP bar for the device doesn't even update for me half the time, so I think it has half health left and suddenly it's gone.

Also, when you have to protect the civilians, it's fucking stupid that the AI keep killing civilians AFTER they spotted you. How does that make sense?

My game keeps skipping animations for things too. The enemy turn happens, and I don't even see what happens. Suddenly someone is dead, or something has blown up, or a bunch of my guys have half their health. It's retarded.
>>
>>143611529
>brad nelson
>is turkroach
>nice try, samir
>>
>>143620916
I have never experienced any of these glitches so either your game is broken or you have brought down the wrath of Jake for your sins.
>>
>>143621592
either havent played enough or firaxis drone
>>
>>143621684
Or it just hasn't happened to me. Or anyone else here. I'm not saying your lying, I'm just stating that what you described are not common glitches, so most likely its something on your end.

If it keeps happening you should verify the install, if it keeps happening after that you should delete all your user side content and verify. Obviously if you have any mods you should be testing those.
>>
File: cantgofast.png (847KB, 848x460px) Image search: [Google]
cantgofast.png
847KB, 848x460px
Finished the Alien Hunters DLC. That was... really shitty actually. There's so many loose ends I feel cheated. If that wasn't Dr. Valan in the cave then where is she? What is she up to now? Is it possible she's continuing her fucked up experiments?

From the name I'm guessing the next DLC is going to revolve around Dr. Shen and I've got a feeling they're going to pull the same cheap shit in the end. I'll bet my left testicle that after Shen's Last Gift they're going to release a fucking $30 DLC designed to conclude the story lines for AH and SLG
>>
>>143622082
You're talking to a second person, so obviously it's not just me. It could be mod related, but I only use basic cosmetic mods, so that would be a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>143622246
Instant ad hominen makes me suspicious. I can only speak to my experiences and what people report here.

>>143622214
You mean the expansion. Or she won't appear until X3. Both possibilities.
>>
File: Mods_OverhaulsandEnemies.png (59KB, 809x582px) Image search: [Google]
Mods_OverhaulsandEnemies.png
59KB, 809x582px
Related to >>143615869

Need some feedback on the "overhaul" mods - ones that significantly change enemy behavior, increase pod size, etc. Mainly on the subject of how they interact with each other and any custom enemies. The pic shows all the overhaul mods and custom enemy mods I have atm.
>>
>>143622692
>Instant ad hominen
Uh, what?
>>
>>143622846
>directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
Instead of responding to what I said the person implied I either don't really play X2 or that I am a mindless individual who supports Firaxis blindly.
>>
File: Peekaboo.jpg (348KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Peekaboo.jpg
348KB, 1680x1050px
>>143622082
Not him but I've kind of experienced similar glitches. It usually only happens after I've been playing for a while so I guess maybe it's a memory issue or something (Not really a programmer so I dunno)? Basically animations start kind of freaking out, there's long pauses between turns, and terrain destruction starts acting up and I guess not updating properly so it looks like enemies and characters are just sort of shooting through walls and shit.
>>
>>143623508
No yeah, I've seen minor versions of what he's talking about, but missing entire turns and not being able to tell what happened at all hasn't happened to me. Nor things like the device displaying its health incorrectly and then suddenly dying.
>>
File: 20160527214030_1.jpg (389KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527214030_1.jpg
389KB, 1680x1050px
Would you fuck my waifu?
>>
>>143620916

The first one has never happened to me

The second one has happened to me, i remember it clearly because a fucking berserker killed the last civilian even though it was on my face

The third one happens a lot to me, especially when i throw a grenade sometimes the enemy will die and everything will explode before i even throw the grenade
>>
Newfag who was asking about mods last thread back with another question:

I've seen a few mods references settings for the mod; for example, the Bladestorm Customization mod. But I can't figure out where to access those settings. I've tried to get to them when launching both through Steam and through the mod launcher.

Anyone know where to look?
>>
>>143624705

There's a mod that adds a settings menu to the options, mods that use it should have it in their description or somewhere saying "this mod needs it"

Don't remember what it's actually called though.
>>
>>143624705
I'm 95% sure you have to modify the abilities in the corresponding ini. file.
>>
>>143625079
No, I remember seeing a screenshot of what he's talking about. I mean, you can do it that way too, but...
>>
>>143624705

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667104300
>>
File: 20160527173116_1.jpg (540KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527173116_1.jpg
540KB, 1680x1050px
ARCHON PINIONS ARE SOME SERIOUS SHIT
>>
>>143620916
To top the night off, I just encountered the bug where you aren't given the option to carry an unconscious soldier, the lead colonel in my main squad. Could have easily carried him to evac, but no, he had to be captured.

XCOM 2: Bust Your Balls to the Bitter End Edition
>>
Fuck aliens!
>>
File: 714118554_1291068.gif (98KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
714118554_1291068.gif
98KB, 200x200px
>>143600212
>XCOM3
>Dive down deep and purge the alien's backup ocean cities
>tactical nuclear narwhals
>giga sword yielding murder squids
>aliens get killed, seafood sector safe again
>"where are the credits?" - me
>game is half done
>head back to the surface
>fucking SCRIN everywhere
>even more aliens to purge
>special character unlocked: Kane
>tfw
>>
File: 20160527221040_1.jpg (466KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527221040_1.jpg
466KB, 1680x1050px
>>143626952
SECTOPOD SELF DESTRUCTION SCARY

One or two tiles closer to my specialist and the janitor would have been wiping what's left of him off the floor with a mop
>>
>>143628482
It was his last day before retirement...
>>
File: 20160527185251_1.jpg (314KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527185251_1.jpg
314KB, 1680x1050px
>>143628482
smash the the xenoarchy
>>
File: 1458863719922.png (102KB, 661x666px) Image search: [Google]
1458863719922.png
102KB, 661x666px
>Workshop comment sections
>>
Why'd they get rid of the Overwatch All button from the previous game anyway?
>>
>>143631024
How can this much cancer exist within a single entity?
>>
File: 1411355736877.png (395KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1411355736877.png
395KB, 1191x670px
>>143631024
Oh God which mod is this under? I gotta see this shit for myself
>>
Hullo I am here to request cute sneks in sweaters.
>>
File: uniform xcom plus skirt.png (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
uniform xcom plus skirt.png
2MB, 3000x3000px
>>143632861
H U L L O
>>
hey /xcg/, anyone got that pic of the viper in the skirt and sweater?

t. fellow ayy removers
>>
File: 1456572592751.png (284KB, 570x850px) Image search: [Google]
1456572592751.png
284KB, 570x850px
>>143632861
SCLOP MUNLET EAR WEF MUHR KREBIL SPAYSE PRAGRUM
>>
>>143632861
>>143632948
Only if you agree that wormholes a best
>>
File: CW5KsuDWEAAz3Ig[1].jpg (102KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CW5KsuDWEAAz3Ig[1].jpg
102KB, 600x800px
>>143632895
arigatou gozaimasu anon senpai
>>
>>143633035
hyperlane only a best
wormhole is 2ezmode
>>
File: uniform vahlen.png (7KB, 263x350px) Image search: [Google]
uniform vahlen.png
7KB, 263x350px
>>143633035
hyperlanes only a best
portals are disgusting elder technology
DEATH TO THE ELDERS, VIGILO CONFIDO
>>
>>143633035
>>143633096

the real tragedy is no serpentine portraits
>>
Get back to the ob-post you idiots, you'll blow our cover.
>>
>>143633223
[DEMAND VASSALIZATION]
>>
REMOVE SNEK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l_qOzb-hYU
>>
>>143633223
Build a pyramid you filthy primitive :^)
>>
>>143633287
[accept]
>>
File: CiLho97WsAEYsT6[1].jpg (58KB, 493x424px) Image search: [Google]
CiLho97WsAEYsT6[1].jpg
58KB, 493x424px
>>143633223
don't resist we're only here to uplift you
and maybe purge the ones who will not be enslaved in the mines
>>
File: uniform zootopia fuckbunny.png (302KB, 900x692px) Image search: [Google]
uniform zootopia fuckbunny.png
302KB, 900x692px
>>143633324
Snek is here to protect you, friend
>>
File: 20160527231901_1.jpg (405KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160527231901_1.jpg
405KB, 1680x1050px
> Dominate a muton near the start of escort mission
> Accompanies my team throughout the mission
> After he helps take down a sectopod he has earned himself a name
> Muton Chops.
> Mind control a lancer too who also accompanies me for a little bit
> His name is Lancelot.
> Team reaches extraction
> Mind control wears off on Lancelot
> Muton Chops knocks him out
> Tearful good bye as my psionic is the last one to depart

M-maybe when it's all over we can be friends again Muton Chops...
>>
Hey imageanon, do you have a link to the full res unclothed version, I could only find the phone-cropped one
>>
>>143633229
Make me :^)
What're you gonna do, send a science ship into orbit?
>>
File: 1463285491882.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1463285491882.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>143633394
>/stellg/ are the ayy lmaos infiltrating /xcg/
:^)
>>
>>143633526
[scientist was dismissed for this report]
>>
>>143633526
FUCK THERE'S A SHIP UP THERE

>>143633518
http://imgur.com/FR3IY61
>>
>>143633646
>http://imgur.com/FR3IY61
>tfw that's the same version I already have saved
thanks anyways, anon
>>
>>143633014
Mods for cute viper squadmates when?
>>
File: e06[1].jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
e06[1].jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
>>143633912
now
>>
>>143634067
Glorious, found it and downloading now
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-28 00-09-27-45.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-28 00-09-27-45.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
Oh man, is there anything better than dying and going to grenadier/rocketeer heaven?
>>
>>143631024
This is hilarious, but the comment section is as awful as the 'mod idea' threads on r/xcom2mods or whatever its called.

This one fucker on the workshop, Invisigoth, is the purest form of ideasguy shitter I've ever seen. Every single mod, he(?)'s there with a shit eating grin and a spoon asking for more, except this "little" thing extra he wants is five times as much work as the base mod itself.

I want to throttle the fucker
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-28 00-19-11-01.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-28 00-19-11-01.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>143634905

Uh oh it's the first Andromedon of the campaign
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-28 00-38-01-16.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-28 00-38-01-16.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
>>143635473

Killed all the ayys, but that andromedon made sure to take my new gunner down with him. And he gravely wounded 2 of my A team members with his acid grenade.
>>
File: 20160528005134_1.jpg (440KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160528005134_1.jpg
440KB, 1680x1050px
>>143634067
Is that the playable advent mod? Tried it and it's broken as fuck. For whatever reason the viper has a human head during missions. Not sure if it's a mod conflict or what but it's shit.
>>
>>143637160

Ayy hunters broke the mod.
>>
File: 20160528010601_1.jpg (468KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160528010601_1.jpg
468KB, 1680x1050px
>>143637301
Fug. Is there a work around for it? This is... mildly disturbing
>>
File: 268500_20160520222726_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
268500_20160520222726_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Post Xcom bumbums!
>>
>>143637882

>the mod is not at all dead. I am working on several of the important fixes, and when it is ready I will release it. I wish that the game patch had not broken the mod.

From the comment's page on the workshop, so, no there is no work around.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-26 03-04-06-72.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-26 03-04-06-72.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
>>143637885
>>
File: 1463695093725.png (196KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1463695093725.png
196KB, 557x605px
>>143638132
Now thats a bum!
>>
File: DatCodex.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DatCodex.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>143637885

irdoinitrite?
>>
>>143626092
Thanks will give it a shot when I get home and see if it's the one
>>
File: iNam9ez.jpg (426KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
iNam9ez.jpg
426KB, 768x1024px
>>143637885
>implying ADVENT doesn't dominate the bum market
>>
File: ss (2016-05-27 at 10.26.18).jpg (499KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-27 at 10.26.18).jpg
499KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw when you finally finished loading out with pulse weapons a week before this fucker shows up

Feels good man.
>>
>>143639730
Are you assking for a bum fight
>>
>>143639280
I dont know man
>>
>>143640224
maybe I am

what are you doing about it?

tbqh I don't think I have any XCOM-related bum pics

>asking
kek
>>
>>143641012
You better be ready to throw down

I'll pop ya like a watermelon between my thighs

I need more pics to fill ou my xcom folder
>>
>>143624705
If you use the alt. mod launcher, right click the mod you want and select show in explorer, then config. Usually 3-5 files in there, sometimes more. In the example of Bladestorm Customization it's XcomBladestormCustomization.ini and all the options are clearly commented and therein. Most mods follow that namibg convention of something obvious, barring mods which edit existing files. Just ask on a case-by-case basis if anything is confusing. Also if you haven't .ini edlted much in the past there's two things you should know; get Notepad++ and it's so easy a monkey could do it.
>>
>>143633796
Nobody has it. Because I've never posted it.
>>
File: 1449882331405.jpg (50KB, 1102x590px) Image search: [Google]
1449882331405.jpg
50KB, 1102x590px
>>143642675
>tfw anon's rare snek collection has a mint-unreleased example and your best is only a medium-rare semi-circulated
>>
File: oicw.jpg (75KB, 973x444px) Image search: [Google]
oicw.jpg
75KB, 973x444px
>>143612725
>>
File: 1428580021584.jpg (53KB, 369x364px) Image search: [Google]
1428580021584.jpg
53KB, 369x364px
>>143643041
This reminds me, is there any major mods coming up for XCOM2? Something like Long War for the first XCOM.
>>
>convinced to reinstall xcom
>10 hours in
>game taks sudden surge in difficulty
>unavoidable total party loss

Nice game
>>
>>143632807
EU armor ports
>>
>>143631024
Rocks are poor m8, you gotta remember
>>
>>143645496
>unavoidable total party loss
?
like "rocks fall and everyone dies" tier or "enjoy my mega deathbot, pssshhh... nothing personal xcom" tier?
>>
>>143603525
This is honestly why I've been watching VODs for a very long time now. Its just not worth it to stay up until 3am just to get blueballed. I get enough of that in my relationship
>>
>>143648048
Rekt

I'm sorry
>>
File: well, fuck.webm (3MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
well, fuck.webm
3MB, 1440x900px
>>143645496
We've all been there.
>>
>>143650102
daily reminder to always kill civilians

those fuckers deserve it
>>
turns until /xcg/ bleeds out: 3
>>
>>143653809
XCOM2 is a shit game, Jake fucked up.
Beags stopped making jewtube content so nothing to talk about.
No good overhaul mods yet to start deconstructing together.

ded gem ded thred
>>
>>143653919
when will we get XCOM2: Forever War?
>>
>>143653919
We still get just as many posters/thread as before, doomsayers please go and stay go
>>
What are weird quirks you do in your games, /xcg/?

>carefully screen candidates for PsiOps
>build a workshop next to my Psi Lab so my Engineers don't get mindfucked from training
>My PsiOps aren't allowed to wear helmets because it makes them shitty at psionics Dredd lmao

I swear to go that last one works. My helmeted PsiOp was incredibly shitty at mind control compared to my unhelmeted one consistently
>>
>oh cool the new DLC released, let's check out all these cool cosmetics
>more clown shit, just lower quality than previously
J
U
S
T
>>
>>143656029
XCOM2 aesthetics are a fucking joke desu

Modders make much better looking gear FOR FREE which is just silly
>>
File: 1460670138672.png (774KB, 700x740px) Image search: [Google]
1460670138672.png
774KB, 700x740px
Oh boy here we go again
>>
>>143656389
It really is
>Kevlar has a couple good options, only one (1) option for symmetrical arms
>Plated is a complete joke
>Power is just generic cookie cutter sci-fi shit
Yet somehow EU armors were all good on all tiers, especially with the added DLC options

For fuck sake Jake
>>
File: XCOM 2-05-26-2016 16-33-18-861.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM 2-05-26-2016 16-33-18-861.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>Cosmetic mods are good enough that they mix better than vanilla
>>
File: 20160528175139_1.jpg (433KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160528175139_1.jpg
433KB, 1440x900px
How many pineapples will be shoved up my asshole if I take that mission?
>>
>>143656029
I just don't get it, the tone of the game is very serious and dramatic yet everyone looks like a clown.
>>
>>143657114

You get the new weapons from scanning that site. You don't actually get the Bradford mission until much later.
>>
>>143656932

Why is there a trash can logo on his face?
>>
>finished campaign
>want to start a new one immediately

why
whens the next DLC?
>>
>>143655708
>My PsiOps aren't allowed to wear helmets because it makes them shitty at psionics

I do this too
>>
>>143655708
everyone is either smoking or wearing a skull bandana
no women allowed
>>
>gremlin sound still gets stuck looping in the background

WHY HAVE THEY STILL NOT FIXED THIS?
>>
File: enemies.png (9KB, 315x371px) Image search: [Google]
enemies.png
9KB, 315x371px
>tfw one of my enemies was breaking my DefaultMissions.ini causing rulers to never appear and I couldn't figure out which
>had to remove them all
;_;

Do any of you use any of these, and can you confirm that rulers have appeared on a playthrough with them?
>>
>>143658595
I thought I was the only one, best part is when it loops over itself twice for maximum ear cancer
>>
>>143659671
not only twice, it stacks infinitely and loops infinitely until you load a new save or level
>>
>>143658595
>>143659671
>>143659889
>*ANGRY GREMLIN NOISES*
>>
>>143660149
it sounds like a swarm of miniature attack helicopters
>>
>>143660208
>swarm of miniature attack helicopters
One day I'll make a class mod themed around this, I swear it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>143660208
>miniature attack helicopters

Have you considered that this might be the work of an enemy Stand?
>>
>>143660975
there are so many jojo adventures, was I 'right' to start with stardust crusaders?
>>
>>143661434
SC is okay. I fucking love Battle Tendency and DIU is pretty great so far
>>
Can I ask a thinly veiled offtopic question because I'm curious? What music does /xcg/ listen to?

Also what class is the Bolt Caster best on including the class mods in the OP? I always end up with it on my specialist but I'm starting to think that might not be that smart as you can't both aid protocol and fire every turn because of needing to reload all the time.
>>
>>143661720
For music, I usually listen to my Eurobeat playlist, The Protomen, or a Greatest Hits playlist.

As for the Bolt Caster, I usually throw it and the hunter's axe on a blade ranger. If he needs to kill someone but shot last turn he can throw an axe or hack it to death (6-8 damage with high accuracy) instead.
>>
>>143661720
Like, music in general? lol I don't even know the shit I listen to most of the time.

I'd say maybe Bolt Caster on assault? Or maybe a Psi Op if you exotic.
>>
>>143661720
I use it on my healing specialist, my rangers, and my psiop. Most often on my psiop between damage power cooldowns.
>>
>>143661720
>What music does /xcg/ listen to?
weeb shit
>>
>>143662053
I feel like Eurobeat is almost our national anthem by now, one of the favorite things I've gotten out of /xcg/.

>>143662053
>>143662060
>>143662127
Shotguns are so good though, maybe on blade rangers but it doesn't feel worth it on shotgunners. Their damage output is vital to my builds. Heal Specialists are good candidates but A) They can't both reload, shoot and aid protocol and B) I never use them because the meta demands I never let anyone shoot at me

Psi-ops are probably the best candidates, but I usually only go for them late midgame. I'll have to be faster now that AH dropped so I have someone to stick Bolt Casters on.
>>
>>143661720
I've been listening to a ton of rap recently, as to bolt caster I always put them on rangers
>>
>>143662439
I will also mention that throwing talon rounds on whoever has the bolt caster is amazing. 20% stun chance, 20% crit rate, +1 crit damage...
>>
>>143661720
Slow stuff like lana Del Rey or London Grammar.
>>143662684
Any particularly good ones? I've been wanting to get into rap for ages now.
>>
>>143663515
>talon rounds
I fucking love talon rounds
Everytime I break concealment they pay for themselves

>andromech
>deadeye it
>kills it for an 18 crit through 3 armour
>>
>>143663790
>Any particular good ones?
Not that guy but imo rap is one of the genres where you can really only "learn" to like the good stuff by gradually being introduced to it, it's overwhelming because you've got to wade through trash mixtapes like basically no other genre so it's easy as somebody who doesn't like it to view that as representative of the genre as a whole. It's really only worth it because the goldies that you DO find are amazing, but even then it can be an aquired taste.

Anyway, here are a few personal favorites right now knowing full well they may sound like trash to many people in here
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Zi1DM7iR4:
>https://soundcloud.com/clockwork-indigo-fbz-ua
>https://soundcloud.com/futureisnow/codeine-crazy
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyP2PCxMdns

Feel free to bully/criticize the genre as a whole, for people who enjoy rap on 4chan it's part of the experience.

>>143663515
I did not know about that interaction, how does Talon rounds increase stun chance? Bug or intended behavior?
>>
>>143664545
>fbz+ua
>vince staples
my man
>>
File: 1458623563430.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1458623563430.png
1MB, 1024x768px
/xcg/ next game against /rlg/ is about to start

>>
>>143665472
Get 'em famalam, I'm cheering fot you!
>>
>>143665472
We're off to a good start!
>>
>beagles gets the first goal

WEW
>>
File: beagsgoal.jpg (75KB, 722x654px) Image search: [Google]
beagsgoal.jpg
75KB, 722x654px
ayy
>>
>lightning reflexes as keeper
Our roster is genius, how can we lose?
>>
>>143667709
>And he takes the shot!
>[Lightening Reflexes]
>Oh no, it appears the goalie has instinctively dodged the ball!
>>
Beag's footy skills on point today
>>
Can someone explain how this game works? Is Delta actually playing or is it more like you plan for your team and then watch how it plays out?
>>
>>143668362
The latter
>>
>beagle carrying the team
>>
File: Promoted.png (226KB, 581x607px) Image search: [Google]
Promoted.png
226KB, 581x607px
I can't tell you how happy I am that they are using the x-com metal remix theme
>>
>Look away
>Beagle has scored again

jesus fuck
>>
File: asf.png (1MB, 1707x909px) Image search: [Google]
asf.png
1MB, 1707x909px
>BEAGLERUSH 4 GOALS
BEAGLERUSH 4 GOALS
>BEAGLERUSH 4 GOALS
BEAGLERUSH 4 GOALS
>BEAGLERUSH 4 GOALS
BEAGLERUSH 4 GOALS

We will always be Tsundere for Beagle confirmed
>>
Damn I love our victory anthem
>>
>>143668604
>stuck on shitty mobile and can't watch the game
;_;
once a year and I miss it
>>
File: beaglecelebration.webm (3MB, 1270x720px) Image search: [Google]
beaglecelebration.webm
3MB, 1270x720px
>Beagle has 'OVERWATCH' on the back of his shirt

kek

That was good, Delta must be putting something in the Rookie's water.
>>
Good job Delta, what'd you change from last time?
>>
File: 1450105213647.jpg (536KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1450105213647.jpg
536KB, 1000x1000px
Flawless mission guys.

After yesterday failed mission i made changes and hoped the worked.
Last game is tomorrow same time
>Beaglerush carrying the team
>>
>>143669890
whatever you did worked well.

Snaketits was pretty useless though.
(Did we expect anything less from xeno scum?)
>>
>>143669890
10/10
>>
>>143658858
i can confirm that muton centurion and demolisher works
>>
>>143653919
What, Anon, you don't like Fighting The Clock: The Game?
>>
Link to the soccer stream?
>>
>>143669992
>Snaketits was pretty useless though.
>Snaketits
I need clarification.
>>
>>143672351
He meant Snektits
>>
>>143661720
Desert rock my boy
>>
>>143672383
Well that does make more sense.
>>
>>143672150
Its over, but the info incuding the stream link is all here: http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//vg/_League_6_Qualifiers
>>
Aliens stink!
>>
Who made the models for our footy team?

Every other team seems to just be a blank box head with a jpeg on it.

Appreciate the effort.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-21+at+01.07.25).jpg (174KB, 970x753px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-21+at+01.07.25).jpg
174KB, 970x753px
I will try to upload our matches to youtube for you guys

>>143668362
I make tactics and watch how the game plays out

>>143673616
I made the models from the SDK. I wanted to make more but it almost fried my brain
>>
>>143673946
>I made the models from the SDK. I wanted to make more but it almost fried my brain
THE HERO WE DESERVE
Requesting football for next thread edition
>>
File: 1457302130080.png (628KB, 862x544px) Image search: [Google]
1457302130080.png
628KB, 862x544px
>>143523173

Sale when?

Been wanting to make Earth great again, but it doesn't seem like they're ever going to give it a weekly.
>>
>>143609531
I might be able to, although it may mess up how it looks with the ODST arms. I'll give it a go anyway.
>>
>not having your xcom look like a group of punk junk tusken raiders wearing kevlar
I bet you download Halo mods too don't you
>>
is it possible to complete a whole mission without having to fight?

I tried it once on a VIP rescue mission, I got all the way to the truck and hacked the door with a drone, but as soon as i went up to it and opened my whole squad got revealed
>>
>>143676796
Yes
Unlikely, unwise but possible
>>
>>143676796
AI upthrottling makes it veeeery hard. I remember an anon sneaking a dark vip mission though
>>
>>143673946
Does hitbox have no replays? Can't figure this out
>>
>>143661720
Moonman for life.
>>
>>143661434
Is best if you started on Phantom Blood, but still, SC is really great.
>>
>>143664545
Isn't the base stun chance 20% or am I misremembering?
>>
>>143679506
It does, I misunderstood that post! Thought he meant that the Talon rounds granted +20 stun chance
>>
>>143679597
Alrighty, as long as we are all on the same page.

>>143673946
Great job with the team, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game.
>>
File: Image126.png (45KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
Image126.png
45KB, 512x256px
Bang
>>
File: 1458403350759.jpg (88KB, 845x601px) Image search: [Google]
1458403350759.jpg
88KB, 845x601px
>>143682416
>posting USELESS items
>>
>>143682416
Why would you post something so USELESS? Surely it's common knowledge by now.
>>
>>143661720
I've been listening to a lot of Amy Winehouse after seeing a great documentary about her, she's crazy talented
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjNLCbIMzZs

>>143682547
>>143682581
>they don't build bluescreen-round pistoleros
lol
>>
File: 1374666894163.gif (995KB, 280x201px) Image search: [Google]
1374666894163.gif
995KB, 280x201px
>>143682547
>he never got gud
>>
So I just finished off the Archon Ruler. He was down to 67 hp. Rage suit to get rid of his last point of armor, point blank throwing axe, point blank bolt caster (fucking crit too), bladestorm on start of his turn knocked him down to 25 hp. Also discovered that his Devastate can miss. It only has a 65% chance to hit. Pistol bro finished him off with 5 poisoned pistol shots in a row.
>>
>>143684943
>Pistol bro finished him off with 5 poisoned pistol shots in a row.
Sounds pretty USEFUL
>>
File: 1463014182555.png (655KB, 740x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463014182555.png
655KB, 740x720px
>>143684901
>he relies on pistols instead of gitting gud
>>
>>143686809
>pistols are so useful they're considered crutches
I concur
>>
Can anyone here max out this game with a consistent 60fps+? Medium-high price range here with a 390X and a 3570k @4.4ghz and I get severe drops to ~40, especially during retaliations
>>
>>143689575
I have a simliar rig to yours and I have the same problem so I think terror missions are just fucked and shittily optimized
>>
>>143684943
So now that I have killed all the rulers, I don't feel like the DLC was actually much harder. The first time I played it I got a squad wipe and quit, but I learned how the rulers work. This second playthrough I killed the Berserker Queen the first time I encountered her and the other two Rulers the second time I saw them. Only the Archon King got an attack off, and that was the second time I saw him. He did a Devastate that missed.

The weapons they give you are also super powerful and make the base enemies a lot easier to slaughter. The suit abilities are also pretty useful, and make it even easier to kill the successive rulers.
>>
>>143689575
I have a 4790k @ 4.6GHz and a 780Ti playing at 1440 i get high 30s to mid 40s. But if i play at 1080 i get smooth 60, but this card is overkill for that.
>>
>>143690964
That's weird, isn't the 390X generally speaking more powerful than the 780ti? It's not my CPU which is getting strained either. Is there some Witcher III anti-AMD bullshit going on again because I swear to god Firaxis I will shank Pete Murray if I have to
>>
File: 1352666347754.jpg (48KB, 580x578px) Image search: [Google]
1352666347754.jpg
48KB, 580x578px
>>143691282
>I swear to god Firaxis I will shank Pete Murray if I have to
DON'T TOUCH MY HUSBANDO REEEEEEE
>>
>>143676796
yea i did a VIP mission, the VIP was located in a building which wasnt made of glass, so i could camp up there
then rushed out to the rescue zone without being spotted
scaning protocol is priceless if this is your thing
>>
File: 20160528145630_1.jpg (209KB, 1584x821px) Image search: [Google]
20160528145630_1.jpg
209KB, 1584x821px
New Rookies in my game have a 33.33% chance of surviving their first mission, increasing exponentially once they are promoted. How are your rookies?
>>
>>143692821
Dead on Arrival.
>>
>>143692821
In my current long war I have enough money to use Rookies as bait and for suicidal flanks
>>
>>143691282
Yeah the 390X is more powerful. Im assuming you're running at 1080? I have everything maxed except AA is FXAA.
>>
>>143693840
Yeah same here, MSAA above 2x tanks FPS like nothing else for me. Weird, I'll have to keep looking into it. Thanks for giving me something to compare with!
>>
ayys are bad
>>
File: 1460670132572.png (197KB, 344x449px) Image search: [Google]
1460670132572.png
197KB, 344x449px
ayys are awful
>>
>>143701239
>Gets it
>>
>>143701239
Regail me with a tale
>>
Xcom Assemble!
>>
File: 20160529023924_1.jpg (191KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160529023924_1.jpg
191KB, 1440x900px
>>
File: the xcom roundtable.jpg (423KB, 800x1025px) Image search: [Google]
the xcom roundtable.jpg
423KB, 800x1025px
>>143704250
Please /xcg/, if you come back to life I'll let you see this poor, poor quality OC I made

>>143702729
It hurts too much
>>
File: 20160529001210_1.jpg (210KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160529001210_1.jpg
210KB, 1440x900px
>>143704849
PKM and RPK-74 when?

also Joe the straya cunt needs to stop gloryhogging
>>
>>143705032
Was Reddit actually complaining about them? I never check /r/xcom

>implying this place hasn't been full of people whining about them
>>
File: 20160529001210_1.jpg (12KB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
20160529001210_1.jpg
12KB, 249x174px
>>143705105
just look at his face
fucking smug motherfucker
>>
File: 268500_20160521103202_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
268500_20160521103202_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>143705032
Did the ayys hurt you f a m
>>
>>143705275
i get the feeling they're outnumbered by the people telling the ones bitching to git gud, just look at the guys who called out beagle of all people on being bad when he turned them off
>>
i think a ruler alien pod cant shot civies on retaliation mission

i just did a mission where i hit every normal pod near the spawn and then the rest of the mission wen quiet until the viper king showed up
He even pointed towards a civilian but ignored them completely
>>
>>143705806
also:
>retaliation mission goes flawless
>only one trooper took a shot at us
>ranger takes 3 damage from 12
>shaken gravely wounded
>>
>>143676796
I did it for a demolition mission once, although it was hard as fuck. It broke stealth on my ranger, who I then had use wraith armor, concealment, and a Psi-Ops Inspire to get out of the middle of like 9 enemies and back towards the landing zone.

Technically the enemy did see me, but they never had a viable target, so I count it.
>>
Slay the ayys XCG!
>>
Have any of you guys beaten XCOM: Enforcer?
>>
>>143713749
Yes Rest in pieces
>>
>>143713941
I'm downloading it now, is there anything I should know going in? I've been told it is the worst XCOM game and just a bad game all around.
>>
File: Unreal 2011-11-09 20-31-54-84.jpg (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Unreal 2011-11-09 20-31-54-84.jpg
100KB, 640x480px
>>143714364
I mean i liked enforcer that being said I got it in a bundle at cosco with other microprose games when I was younger Mechwarrior 3 Best. It is campy and shitty but it has neat things in its also its not that long
>>
>>143714735
Righty oh, I'll keep you updated on my progress once it is installed.
>>
>>143716047
Please do I'm waiting patiently for my child hood to be ripped apart
>>
File: Beaglerush vg leagues.jpg (408KB, 547x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Beaglerush vg leagues.jpg
408KB, 547x1250px
Beagle will be joining us in cheering our /vg/ league 6 team!
First time I've seen him psyched about something in a long time

Thank you so much Delta for doing this, for real
>>
>>143716047
Oh also be sure to take some screens of enforcer they are the best part of it
>>
File: 20160528211651_1.jpg (273KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20160528211651_1.jpg
273KB, 1280x960px
>>143716235
>>143716474
Don't worry, I'm starting.
>>
>>143716402
>beagle coming back to /xcg/ more and more frequently
i remember people saying he would never return just a thread or so, glad they were wrong. dude is like our scooby, somewhat polarizing but in the scheme of things keeps us all together
>>
>>143716761
Beagle, pls come back to /xgc/
>>
>>143716761
>dude is like our scooby, somewhat polarizing but in the scheme of things keeps us all together
That's a really good analogy
>>143716402
GET HYPE
>>
File: 20160528212211_1.jpg (5KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20160528212211_1.jpg
5KB, 640x480px
>>143716747
Bad news. Everytime I try to take a screenshot with Steam it just gives me a blank picture. Pic very much related.
>>
>>143716818
>>143716761
I lurk much more often than I post so I don't derail the thread
>>
>>143717307
where are the proofs?
>>
>>143717307
>I lurk much more often than I post so I don't derail the thread
That's considerate of you and I appreciate it, namefriends being too prominent is never too good for a general. Just look at /tesg/ and /fog/, christ. Although now that I think about it we're so good at derailing our own threads with stuff like /xgc/ that it might not even matter, but it's the thought that counts
>>
>>143717161
Alright, just finished the first level. So far it is a generic bland shooter. Dr. Scientist is annoying to listen to.
>>
>>143717669
>Buffscale will never make you pregnant as you shitpost loudly about how much he shits up the thread
>>
File: 20160528213106_1.jpg (286KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20160528213106_1.jpg
286KB, 1280x960px
>>143717813
Weird, I was able to get a screenshot of the research screen. You can collect "data points" by killing aliens. You run around shooting ayys and destroying their transporters, little things that teleport more ayys periodically.
>>
>>143717894
STOP TRIGGERING ME

I get violent PTSD outbursts at the sight of anything vaguely reminiscent to shota porn now
>>
>>143718042
Have you tried seeing a doctor, Tumblr?
>>
>>143718265
No, it reminds me of that one shota porno
>>
File: R4FSJpH1.png (447KB, 867x860px) Image search: [Google]
R4FSJpH1.png
447KB, 867x860px
>>143717590
gotchu, son

>>143717669
>That's considerate of you
It's beneficial for me too. People jumping all over your dick because you have some level of fame is generally pretty depressing. It's nicer to talk to people anonymously because then they treat you like a normal person. I stopped playing with fans years ago because they just kinda follow you around and hang on your every word and try to suck up to you all the time and it's so far removed from making actual friends that it's depressing.

On the flipside I made a not-me reddit account because people were giving me mad shit everytime I posted as Beags on the XCOM reddit, and nobody ever pays attention to my posts on the anon account so the other extreme isn't much better either.
>>
>>143718414
I'm going to tell reddit on you for being a meany jerk that hates it
ur getin delet
>>
File: 20160528214148_1.jpg (287KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20160528214148_1.jpg
287KB, 1280x960px
>>143717987
Alright, finished the first "real" level. It was a canyon that looked like they ripped it from Half-Life. There are hidden letters throughout the map that will give you a bonus stage if you collect them. Sounds like they ripped that from Donkey Kong Country.

Gameplay isn't anything to write home about. You have your basic infinite ammo gun with randomly spawning "superior" weapons. The bonus stage had you murder infinitely respawning mutons in a boxing arena. Mutons are evidently just shaved gorillas who used steroids and jumped in a vat of purple paint.
>>
>>143718973
reddit is shit
>>
>>143718414
>battleborn footage
>doom footage
Nice, it'd be cool to see some other Youtube stuff than XCOM. How is Battleborn compared to Overwatch? My friends are partial to waifus so I haven't really had anyone to play it with
Can I ask you a question on the dl too? Do you ever feel locked to playing XCOM because it's part of your trademark now and there are a percentage of viewers who EXPECT xcom-related content from you, or is it always just sunshine? Maybe I'm just projecting because I had more fun watching your other game videos so I assume you did as well, but who knows.
>>
>>143718414
Alright Mr. Beagle. What do we do about rulers sans removing them from the game. I feel they are too fun to just throw out the window
>>
>>143719954

Make it so they take 3 actions per ruler reaction.
>>
File: direct quote.jpg (318KB, 1409x1407px) Image search: [Google]
direct quote.jpg
318KB, 1409x1407px
>>143719331
>>
>>143719170
So far this isn't too bad. They've added rescuing civilians as mission objectives to destroying the teleporters.
>>
>>143718414
>break LOS
>get ignored
Yeah, it's a lot like XCom 2
>>
File: 1453755576872.jpg (14KB, 376x285px) Image search: [Google]
1453755576872.jpg
14KB, 376x285px
>>143534517
>I'm not hot *or* a chick.
Sheglerush please
>>
File: BEagle.jpg (122KB, 850x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BEagle.jpg
122KB, 850x1024px
>>143717590
>>143718414

I know you're wary of the dick riding, but I just wanted to tell you this.

The battle of wayyterloo in the twilight streams of the Ironman Impossible Stream was my favorite moment of the entire campaign, and I am disappointed that it is almost all but forgotten.

God Save the Queen, you magnificent bastard.
>>
>>143718414
People sucking up to their internet celeb is pretty cringy. I wish there'd be some time to play with the non-spergs though.
Like me
>>
File: 14644569395191.png (2MB, 1276x2152px) Image search: [Google]
14644569395191.png
2MB, 1276x2152px
>>143719572
Battleborn is my favourite FPS this year and I like it more than Overwatch, but Gearbox are *awful* at handling it. The game's matchmaking is so bad that I can't get a match even queuing for multiple hours, and the netcode is so piss poor that it's unplayable with anyone but other Australians for me.

I feel a little pressured by the XCOM crowd despite trying not to. For example, recently I've had a lot of fun recording singleplayer stuff in both DOOM (rip and tear) and Fallout 4 (I modded the shit out of it and made it an operator-style open world FPS with glocks and AKs, kinda like STALKER which I love a lot more than Fallout 3/4 in the first place). But I feel wary of releasing either yet because I haven't released XCOM in a week or two. I feel the response from the majority of the audience might be "fuck dis where is XCOM" because I've got that from them in the past when branching out.

Overall I'm not a single-game kind of guy. I play the shit out of games and then gravitate to new ones constantly unless I really love one - XCOM and Arma are two examples. So only doing XCOM on YT does suck the fun out of YT for me and I try to ignore the XCOM crowd pressure and just work on whatever I want to work on regardless, but it's easier said than done because I don't want to see a community backlash. People get mean when they turn on you. I've had a few "I hope your family dies" comments and I like to avoid getting more from people who were posting "love your content xoxoxo!!" days earlier as the swap from happy to mean is what really stings.

But yeah tl;dr I love all games and XCOM is jus tone part of that in my mind, maybe not so much for my audience.

Pic related, some of my FO4 recording
>>
>>143722441
>operating waifu
yisssss
>>
>>143722441
Hey Beags, how tall are you?
>>
>>143722441
Forgive me if I'm wrong but Youtube isn't your job right? You don't rely on it for your livelihood?
If that's the case than fuck it, make what you want to make. Some of my favorite videos of yours aren't even XCOM. Being known for 1 game only gets you really bogged down in terms of fanbase. I'm sure no one sane will throw a shitfit if you release a couple of FO4 or Battleborn videos if you don't just switch over to only doing that. People still have streams and the vods if they really need the Beagle XCOM hit.
If people legit are sending you comments hoping that you die because you posted a non-xcom video then those little babies do not deserve to be anyone's audience. Don't give into fanboys.
>>
>>143722441
To be honest, while I enjoy your YT XCOM videos your videos of other games are a lot of fun to. Your video of playing Kingdom is what introduced me to that game, which I played quite a bit.

As for the community getting upset, you will never be able to please everyone since people on the Internet will look for excuses to be angry. "It wasn't funny enough" or "You took too long to make a new video" will always be thrown out there because most people don't understand how many hours it takes to not just play those games, but to edit the footage into something good.
>>
>>143723016
6'1", tons of fun
>>
>>143722441
Gearbox can't be trusted to handle anything tbqh, and I say that as someone who loved the shiiit out of Borderlands 1 for being really innovative when it was released.

>that entire post
I knew I was onto you! Aw man, those playthroughs sound cool as hell. I hope you get around to posting them, sounds like a shitty spot you're in. I obviously don't have the answers to your problems but maybe make one of those "channel updates" a ton of people do? God knows the YT/Twitch/internet in general crowd can be fickle as hell, but that aspect of it also means that when you sit them down and talk to them explaning your situation and thoughts on it rather than just abruptly quitting making content they start to see things your way and jump on the "I support you no matter what!!one!" bandwagon rather than the "fuck you where is LnI lol" one. If you're really lucky some of them will even start looking at you as a human being rather than a daily-xcom-video slot machine.

As hollow as that may sound after all the talk about dickriding, I really mean it when I say I'll watch you and support you regardless of whether or not you make XCOM videos/streams. What's nice about the 4chan format is that the anonimity gives me no reason to say that without really meaning it.
>>
>>143723016
I dunno. 6'1 or something? I've never measured. Average height.

>>143721921
It is and I wish that too because we don't have a whole lot of friends to play games with in general. I wish Planetside 2 got good because it was the perfect game for playing with a lot of random people. Maybe I'll try their new basebuilding update (and then delete the game after remembering how bad it is)

>>143721918
That was also one of my favorite moments. My guilty pleasure as a stream/video person is reading people's reactions and comments and seeing people laugh at or enjoy the same moments that I was laughing at in my head at the time.

>>143720996
haw

>>143719954
Rulers actually seem fine now that I've learned that you don't even get Rulers in your campaign until you do the nest mission. In other words, Rulers seem fine if you don't do them at all until lategame when you have weapons and perks that will fuck the shit out of them. Which is why I don't need to disable them for my new campaign, I just need to not touch that haunted fucking cave until I have beam and power armor.

Actual answer on balancing Rulers for earlygame? I like the other anon's idea on only reacting to offensive moves, but getting 2 AP each time. In general I think only reacting to offensive moves makes a lot of sense because it allows the player to retreat/take defensive actions without getting destroyed, but still makes fighting the Rulers difficult. It also allows you to actually flank a ruler and shoot it without it moving first (lol jake) and just in general doesn't blanket punish the player for taking any action at all.
>>
>>143723638
basebuilding in PS2 is pretty fun
>>
File: spooks.png (507KB, 468x700px) Image search: [Google]
spooks.png
507KB, 468x700px
>>143723489
>>143723638
>6'1"
>>
>>143723364
The Kingdom video is my fave too, all of the other games in between LW-era and XCOM2 release were great.
>>
>>143723638
Hey Beagle, have you ever considered starting up a PS2 clan in the ST format? Applications and the works. With you as a figurehead getting traction for it wouldn't be an issue, plus you could filter out the blatant dickriders like that Ultra Ethereal RP-dude, MAN is he obnoxious in favor of (hopefully) more moderate people.
>>
>>143723638

>6'1

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN
>>
>>143722441
Man F4 really nailed the god tier waifu-eyes
>>
>>143723978
>plus you could filter out the blatant dickriders like that Ultra Ethereal RP-dude, MAN is he obnoxious in favor of (hopefully) more moderate people.

That guy is a prime example of why I'm scared of playing with fans. I played one MP match with him randomly over a year ago but he messaged me ever since expecting rematches and so on. When he beat I/I and asked for me to do a shoutout on my next stream I actually did but then he was apparently afk or something and asked for me to do it again and pm'd me like half a dozen times until I made the joke that kids in Africa don't even get one shoutout, you can't be greedy, and then he flipped on me and was like "rah rah it's so rude of you to say that I'm your biggest fan and supporter and how can you treat me like this bleep bloop blah" and I was like holy shit what

I feel bad for people like that because they are sincere when they say they really do love my content and watching me but at the same time, you give people an inch of your time or recognition and they expect a mile, and it gets really messy when people you don't know at all treat you like your their friend that they're really close to. I hate hurting the feelings of those people but at the same time it's just not realistic to have expectations like that and I can't fulfill them. And it's a big part of why I just blanket stay away from playing with or adding fans to my steam or whatever.

But all that said I always wanted to make a PS2 outfit and fill it with viewers because it's a great game to just funnel players into and stomp the shit out of the enemies, but like I said above there's a lot of problems with directly interacting with fans. We had an Archeage guild filled with viewers that tanked for similar dickriding reasons. Also I'm pretty sure there's at least a few people out there who'd try to kill me and wear my skin if they knew my address.
>>
>>143724382
and then put a nail in the head of role-playing
>>
>>143724579
>Autistic Ethereal
Wow I didn't even know how much of a shitter Ultra Ethereal was. Also lmao on that "biggest fan" bullshit. I've watched you since before XCOM and you don't see me waving my dick around about how much better I am then everyone.
>PS2
Just be in a super secret command squad with like Jamball or any of the ShackTac boys who are playing with you. Then just pass on the commands to Platoon Leaders.
>>
>>143724579
When ever someone asks for your address, give them to the address to the White House
>>
>>143724579

Well don't worry, you're safe here. After all, everyone here is a well adjusted and sane individual.
>>
>>143725106
> I've watched you since before XCOM and you don't see me waving my dick around about how much better I am then everyone.
That's a subtler dick-wave, but it's still a dick-wave.
The only way to watch Beagle is to remain completely stoic and refuse to acknowledge ever enjoying any of his videos. Only true fans stay completely silent as they consume his content.
>>
>>143724579
Man, you've been really unlucky. I hope you don't cave to cynicism and give up on the idea of a PS2 outfit entirely, that'd be so much fun - it doesn't have to be all bad. A lot of the issues you have right now - the fanart, the touchy but dedicated fans - stem from you just really not wanting to make anybody feel slighted in the least. Maybe you should give up on that and just do you, then see who stays.

Easy for me to say, I know.

>Also I'm pretty sure there's at least a few people out there who'd try to kill me and wear my skin if they knew my address.
Well hey, if it grants me your occult knowledge of all those dank b14 strats I'm down for it
>>
>>143724382
I like that F4 people look a little bit more like human beings instead of previous Beth games where they're these horrible trolls with faces carved out of wood and soap. F4 waifus are actually human looking even without five thousand BIG BOOTY TIDS AND ASS KAWAII ANIME EYES ENHANCER mods, god bless.

>>143723749
I was really happy doing all those other videos and then XCOM 2 hit and I've been trying to catch up to how much shit I recorded for it ever since. That's how I see my channel ideally though, lots of different games I like instead of just one.

>>143723364
>>143723213
>>143723581
Video/streaming is how I prevent starving to death actually, I do it because obviously I really enjoy it for the most part and I'm lucky enough to have enough viewers and supporters to make it viable. But I don't worry about posting non-xcom stuff for financial reasons, I don't judge what content I'll release based on income because I think that's very noticeable and is really something to avoid (see: many examples of youtube/stream people who act really really hard for more views/popularity). It's just that I don't like disappointing people. You can't please everyone though and pandering is the number one way to be a shitty shell of a person that hates video/streaming so there's a balance to hit.

>What's nice about the 4chan format is that the anonimity gives me no reason to say that without really meaning it.

Which is why this is the best place for me feedback wise. People are frank and honest. I'm amazed there isn't someone complaining about me taking up the bulk of this thread's activity at the moment (sorry about that) because when people hate me they're not afraid to say so on here and that's good. On the other hand I like being able to come here and talk to you guys two-way because there's a lot of misconceptions about me and it's nice to clear those up. I'm actually not a cuck.
>>
>>143725339
-
>>
File: 1458281000574.jpg (27KB, 258x344px) Image search: [Google]
1458281000574.jpg
27KB, 258x344px
>>143725474
>On the other hand I like being able to come here and talk to you guys two-way because there's a lot of misconceptions about me and it's nice to clear those up

Actually I worded that wrong because it sounds like I'm saying I come here to defend myself. What I mean is there's a lot of weird shit about being on this side of the youtube/twitch/e-fame side of things that you really don't know about unless you've been on this side of it and it's nice to talk about that and give perspective. I feel like it's interesting for both sides and not something you can really find out about otherwise.

Here's a rare picture of me to make up for a blatant doublepost.
>>
>>143725339
I'm just showing how hypocritical attention whores like him are. I'm usually not that vocal.
>>
>>143725693
RARE BEAGLE?!

what's the Rare Beagle to Rare Snek conversion rate?
>>
>>143725474
>>143725693
>I'm amazed there isn't someone complaining about me taking up the bulk of this thread's activity
I haven't been participating and I would bitch but the only real rule here is popular demand, beyond that anything vaguely related to XCOM is fair game. Besides, we've been frighteningly quiet for a while. If you returning leads to a surge in activity I'm all for it and I don't even watch your content
>>
Ok, fellow Commanders I have a bit of a quandary I hope you can help me solve. In the Character Pool I have created the TF2 Engineer as a VIP. Whenever he shows up as an Engineer, I toss him in the Defense Matrix if I can.

My problem is this. I can't find a fitting hat for him that doesn't look completely fucking stupid when you combo it with the goggles you get from Anarchy's Children. Should I have him just rock the chrome dome?
>>
>>143725906
Right about 5:1 I'd say, you'd have to go to the Caribeans and take a a brand new photograph of a Saint Lucia Racer for it to match up.
>>
File: Embrace Death.jpg (233KB, 933x747px) Image search: [Google]
Embrace Death.jpg
233KB, 933x747px
>>143725474
Of course we don't mind you posting. Setting aside XCOM for a bit, you're one of the few streamers/youtubers that didn't leave 4chan when you obtained a moderate amount of fame; you are still willing to interact with us and not in a dick-flaunting way, but as an anonymous, and frank, conversation. The way this website intended.

Besides, you were what kept these threads going in the long interim between long war release and xcom 2 announcement. And I have a feeling that you will continue to entertain, even if that's not with XCOM. That's okay, at least in my book.
>>
>>143725959
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616824432&searchtext=construction+hat

It has a construction hat in it.
>>
>>143726037
shiiiiieeeeet, seeing as how strong the Rare Beagle is right now I'm gonna have to diversify my investment portfolio
>>
>>143725919
That's fair. The shitty thing about how moddable XCOM 2 is, is that we don't have the singular community of Long War. Everyone could discuss and bitch and share stories about LW as one family because it's what (almost) everyone played. I don't know if we'll ever see that again with X2. Though I am putting my money on Guerilla War being XCOM 2's *BIG MOD* so maybe that'll bring the community together as it gets more development.

The only other good way to bring the community together is MP. Co-op would be great but doesn't exist yet, and PvP is 1v1 only and has no spectator cam so it's really hard to make it into a fun experience that people can play and watch as a group.
>>
>>143726176
Fuck, I already offloaded my rare beages stock >>143721076

Fuck.
>>
>>143725474
Have you ever watched any of LlamaChomp's Firaxis O'Clock streams?
>>
File: based goblin approves.jpg (19KB, 248x345px) Image search: [Google]
based goblin approves.jpg
19KB, 248x345px
>>143725693
Hey Beagle, remember this day as the day you were out-rare-beagle'd by anonymous of /xcg/.
>>
>>143726315
Haha shit, that picture is so rare even I lost it. The fuck.

>>143726303
I skimmed his content when he was first brought on during my time away from the streams, to get an idea of what he's like.
>>
>>143726315
I have his drivers license saved somewhere, but I really didn't want to go there in creepiness. It's obvious that while beagle enjoys bantz and shitposting, he may not be comfortable with some of the images he's put out there.
>>
>>143726445
I know, I've had it as a reaction image since b14 was first released and you were active on Tumblr. Your brother posted it there to embarass you or something
>>
>>143726283
>make it into a fun experience that people can play and watch as a group.
I could imagine /xcg/ setting up ladders, I'd be down for managing something like that. Problem is I don't want a repeat of EU where intercontinental play was a bitch, anybody have any word on how that works?
>>
How do I activate mods if I pirated the game ?
>>
>>143726947
You look through the mega and hope someone uploaded the mod in there.
>>
File: emo beagle.jpg (31KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
emo beagle.jpg
31KB, 500x470px
>>143726294
Need another one to load?
>>
>>143726947
That's actually a bit of a bitch if it's not letting you access the mod launcher. Try finding ModLauncherWPF.exe or just trying to run it as a process via Task Manager. Wouldn't you have to go into DefaultModOptions and manually add all your lines? Can you post a list of the mods you're trying to install? Might be able to fix it for you seeing as alt mod manager does that stuff in a second if you've got a legit copy
>>
>>143726947
Like where do you place the mod?

Go to where ever you installed the game and XCOM2/XComGame and make a folder named Mods. Put your mods in there.
>>
>>143639730
Don't you mean to say BUTTS?
>>
Why do you hate the ayys xcg
>>
>>143725474
Hey Beagle, shameless self-plug here. Have you seen our modlist? It's pretty good.
>>
File: mods.png (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mods.png
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>143727058
>>143726947

Yeah, there's no launcher.
>>
File: 2016_05_25_01_18_23-clp.webm 6.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_25_01_18_23-clp.webm 6.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
My squad > your squad
except if yours is alive, then your squad > my squad
>>
>>143727250
>LW Officer Pack and LW Toolbox
Did they fix it so they don't conflict anymore?
>>
>>143727368
I tried to pay attention to all the descriptions to avoid this. But I will double check. How do I manually add in mods?
>>
>>143727318
Where did you bury then
>>
File: CjJbcbCVAAAlTFC.jpg (93KB, 600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
CjJbcbCVAAAlTFC.jpg
93KB, 600x1065px
>>143726918
Intercontinental play is fine now from my experience, it was unplayable at launch with the crazy delay but they quietly fixed it during one of their DLC patch updates and now it's quick and easy to play.

X2's multi is actually really fun when you're not getting annihilated by the RNG or cheesed to fuck, too. One of the more addictive MP games I've played.

>>143727167
I only use personal-built modlists because I must have everything *just so*, I'm afraid.
>>
>>143727148
They're shit heads.
>>
>>143727250
Shit, you need a launcher. I know some of the torrents ship with the vanilla one because some other torrentfriends have been able to use the MEGA, for now the only way I can help is by telling you to download another one.

Are you positive there is no ModLauncherWPF.exe to be found anywhere? It should be in C:\Users\[USER]\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\Binaries\Win64\Launcher

>>143726984
>You look through the mega and hope someone uploaded the mod in there
Actually it's literally just me updating it
>>
>>143727569
Alright you check out
>>
>>143725693
Beags are you Strayan? What city you in?
>>
>>143727368
It should be
>>
>>143726283
>co-op XCOM2
Muh dick
>>
File: XCom2_2016_05_13_13_46_01_185.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2_2016_05_13_13_46_01_185.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>143727501
>I only use personal-built modlists because I must have everything *just so*, I'm afraid.
As do all of us, the Pastebin is mostly just an attempt at making a definitive "these are worth your time"-list that's updated regularly. It's approaching 200 mods right now, sorted into twelve different categories of an average of 15 mods.

>>143727467
Played with finite armory and had nearly 50 casualties that campaign, so by the end we were probably using their ashes to make impromptu armor for the rookies. Modding is fun.
>>
>>143727580
Nope it's not there, I'll look around and if I don't find anything I'll find another torrent.
>>
>There will soon be more pictures of Beagle crossdressing than there are of Beagle behaving normally
I'm ambivalent about this.
>>
>>143727819
Fuck that soldier looks amazing, nice.

I'll take a look at the modlist in that case.
>>
>>143727105
yes

rare Ampelles when

>>143726315
kek
>>
>>143727318
i will never forget that sneaky assassin doing god's work
>>
>>143727653
I'm going to bet Brisbane
>>
File: XCom2_2016_05_21_21_05_30_767.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2_2016_05_21_21_05_30_767.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>143728351
Damocles isn't an assassin. He's a FREEDOM FIGHTER.

I get very happy when people remember my shitty blogposts. Thank you guys for bearing with me for most of my Long DongCOM campaign, I had so much fun doing poor quality writeups.

>>143728032
Dope, I hope you like it! We also have a steam collection with all those mods made by another guy, it's in there.
>>
>>143728423
I hope it's melbourne, I want to get a drink with someone who isn't a cunt
>>
>>143726445
Question: Favorite serious voice mod? Favorite non-serious?

Looking foreword to Fallout 4 Cheeki Breeki eddition
>>
File: gday cunt.png (388KB, 1466x998px) Image search: [Google]
gday cunt.png
388KB, 1466x998px
>>143728649
But everyone in straya's a cunt, cunt
>>
>>143728858
I'm American
>>
>>143728649

>australians
>not shitposting cunts

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>143728984
But you're in Straya now, cunt
>>
>>143725474

>Fucking avatar posters shitting up muh general. You're supposed to be anonymous. That said, I got bored with Xcom pretty quickly, it's fairly basic for the most part with some instances of the RNG shitting on you thrown in. How do you maintain an interest in it?

Return to Arma3 when? I miss operator Beagle, it was always funny watching you lead a squad,

Also: Have you considered flight sims?
>>
>>143729217
>flight sims
Skyranger flight sim when?
Fly around at nearly hypersonic speeds
>>
>>143729298

Come to think of it you could probably grill bacon on the Skyranger after a flight, that fucker moves.
>>
>>143729385
>tape pack of bacon to Skyranger as you hop on
>get out to deploy, grab bacon, shove in pocket
>munch on bacon for the rest of the mission
just XCom things
>>
>>143729580

Is that half a pig in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
>>
>>143729580
>Pig Sky straps fresh porn to the roof while you're killing ayys
>have a luau when you get back
>>
>>143729812
>porn
pork
Strippers don't belong on the Skyranger
>>
File: 1382874260_zif061se0006.jpg (226KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
1382874260_zif061se0006.jpg
226KB, 1200x782px
>>143729920
That's debatable
>>
File: 1433349207401.png (10KB, 113x226px) Image search: [Google]
1433349207401.png
10KB, 113x226px
>>143730000
checked
>>
>>143728569
I miss storytimes, new campaign when?
>>
File: Lewd.png (125KB, 298x299px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.png
125KB, 298x299px
>>143729920
Well not anymore at least.
>>
File: f5mCtnS.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
f5mCtnS.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>143730000
>>
>>143724579
>We had an Archeage guild filled with viewers that tanked for similar dickriding reasons.
>Archeage
Fuck man, that brings me back. What did you play?
>>
File: Oh baby.jpg (38KB, 227x300px) Image search: [Google]
Oh baby.jpg
38KB, 227x300px
>Beags returns
>a couple rare Beags posted
Thanks mates, now I can archive them for all future generation of ayy slayyers.

>>143727501
I know multiple people have already said it, but get those non-xcom vids up there. I love your content in general, xcom or not.

Also I noticed you in a shactac video recently, but I didn't really follow while you where active in the group. Did you ever post arma vids? Will we ever get Arma vids? I just started watching alot of Dslyecxi and really enjoy them.

Also posting this gem in case people never saw it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ShACteRduY

>>143730428
Why are quads so based? First they confirm eurobeat, now its skyranger strippers.
>>
>>143727653
>>143728423

Toowoomba, used to be Brisbane

>>143728659
British Tommies, Rex Colt (or maybe Havoc)

>>143729217
I rejoined ST in December but I haven't had much time to play with them sadly

I don't get bored with XCOM because I'm really into the basic themes of its gameplay and I also really like its gameplay to boot. I care a lot about the digital lives of random troops in any game. I'm the kind of player who spends a long time trying to babysit a throwaway NPC soldier to the end of the mission in a game like Call of Duty just so that he doesn't have to die. I also love sci-fi and modern war as settings so XCOM is my perfect game for a lot of reasons.

I don't really like flight sims because they require a lot of knowledge to be good at them and I'm not knowledgable about them. I'm more of a pick-up-and-play kind of guy. I don't like Grand Strategy either.

>>143730703
Whatever the most basic warrior was, I forget the name. Archeage was really fun but no endgame to speak of. Jam and I played it for like a month straight then just dropped it a week or two after hitting max level.
>>
>>143730735
We also had quad premonition that /xcg/ will be underdogs then come back in the /vg/ football league
>>
>>143570000
>>143730938
Oh snap, I didn't even notice.
>>
>>143730794

Yeah, I can relate to that. I got attached to my guys too. That was something that XCOM2 did quite well, especially with the scars and stuff that they get after being wounded and the customisation and bio options. My favourite is giving people glasses when they miss easy shots or rewarding them with coll/meaningful stuff if they did well.

Hopefully Arma 4 (if they ever make one) is WW2, or Vietnam. That would be awesome.
>>
>>143730794
XCOM2 is a really good game but it's nowhere near as engaging on a tactical/strategy level as Long War was - obviously, they had very different target audiences and that's okay. Now I'm not you so I don't know but seems to me problem is you're expected by a portion of your fanbase to put out content on a weekly basis for a game who's hardest setting you beat before it was technically out, as opposed to the uber long and gruelling LW campaigns which challenged and forced you to innovatel, that must suck

I'm glad you swinged by, I understand better why you haven't been spamming xcom videos like before now and in retrospect I owe you an apology from person to person, it's easy to forget that you're not JUST a performer. I'm sorry!
>>
>>143731545
You know its just going to be a year after arma 3 and will have worse desync issues
>>
>>143730794
>Whatever the most basic warrior was
I'm guessing something along the lines of the combat, defense, and auramancy? Abolisher, was it?

If so, muh nigga
>>
is there a way to increase the doom counter or remove it when a campaign is already started?

I found out too late a mod I was using to do this is broken, and lost all motivation to continue playing since I wanted to just stay in lategame forever
>>
>>143731914

And zombies
>>
>>143732007
Pretty sure that's an easy .ini edit in dgd
>>
>>143732080
and both sides look like csat
>>
>>143731975
I looked it up - Battlerage, Defense, Shadowplay. Blighter, that was it.

>>143731868
No worries, and yes you're quite correct in a lot of ways. XCOM 2 out of the box is nowhere near as engaging as LW is. Hence why I was going hard with mods and ini modding, trying to find that kind of experience again. It's only in the last couple of weeks with Guerilla War and WaveCOM that I've been feeling tested again. I think that reflects in the commentary - my XCOM 2 streams I think were very much "and now we're gonna blow these guys up. And then we're gonna kill these guys now that their cover is gone", but as soon as I went back to Long War I was talking a lot more tactics and shop again.

XCOM 2 will be more engaging than LW in time but the mods to get there still need to be made. But I think Guerilla War already helps a huge amount and it's the horse I'm hitching my wagon to for the game's future, I believe in it totally.
>>
>>143731868
So much this.

I played 2, got bullied by the ayys, got mad, got even and beat it on normal, commander and then was at a point in legendary ironmeme where I just stopped playing because the result was a foregone conclusion. There wasn't any guesswork or improvising, just following the formula and taking it move by move.

Long War I didn't really get into at all though. To me it was just ayys with xboxhueg amounts of hitpoints, regeneration and bad shot chances. Especially that stupid DLC mission with the Chinese guy and the thin men. Why didn't they just mail me a fresh turd if they want to shit on me so badly. It's all beatable in the end but a lot of it seemed like cheap shots at the player to me.

For my money, Xenonauts was better just because it was so unforgiving.
>>
>>143732498
>I looked it up - Battlerage, Defense, Shadowplay. Blighter, that was it.
Ah, cool, I remember shadowplay being a fun tree.

Just out of curiosity, did you play in the RU beta, or the NA/EU release?
>>
>>143732662
> There wasn't any guesswork or improvising, just following the formula and taking it move by move.

This is straight up XCOM 2's problem, yes. If you look at the .ini files and how the game is made and functions, it quite literally is built in a rigid and strict way. Enemies follow a very rigid flow of possible actions so they will always do the exact same thing if the situation is the same. Missions always place enemies in the exact same positions for that difficulty variant, and will even trail those enemies around the map relative to your squad's movement to ensure their general positions stay the same in all runs of that mission. Even the random maps are laid out in very rigid ways where even though the individual pieces are different, the overall layout is one of a handful of variations.

I get the impression this was done so that every player's campaign was fun - they wanted to avoid a lot of the complaints they got with EU so they put a lot of effort into making sure everybody had a good time. But for replayability's sake it's terrible. XCOM 2 is basically designed to serve you an experience, instead of XCOM 1 which was more like OG where shit happened and you dealt with it using your squad and your equipment.

Like, you know how if you sneak past a pod, they'll tend to follow you anyway? That's not them hearing you or anything, that's them moving relative to your squad's movement to remain in the same relative position that they're scripted to by the mission type. That is the best example I can think of for XCOM 2's issues - it seems normal the first time you play it but the more missions and campaigns you play the more you realise everything feels the same.

It needs a lot of modding to reach LW levels.
>>
>>143732498

If you'd like a humble suggestion for Xcom 2 mods, I think missions that are more dynamic and "escalate" would be a good way to go. Maybe some unexpected secondary objectives, re-inforcements (for both sides) local resistance units that join the fight and more focus on what a guerilla campaign is really about (choosing your battles)

The whole timer meme needs to be put down in favour of altering the players potential effectiveness in combat in the meta game and the missions themselves. Imagine if you didn't know how many turns you have until the ayy lmao jesus box ate your iTunes account or until the next Avatar facility produced an actual, tangible gamechanger. I think that it would be a lot more tense.
>>
>>143732662
Long War was never cheap imo. For every play one of the teams made the other team had at least one counterplay, assuming you hade the patience and gusto to figure them out. It was assymetrically balanced in a way I haven't seen before or since. Only game I have over 1k hours of real playtime on
>>
>>143733253
I agree completely. It's why I'm excited for GW getting developed as that's also where it's heading.

My ideal future XCOM 2 has gameplay more like MGSV than vanilla. You travel around the globe to strike targets like bases and convoys instead of having specific missions fall into your lap once a week, those targets and towns and resistance havens and forests and points of interest all have a strategic point to destroying/capturing/defending them like slowing down ADVENT's ability to project forces or gaining equipment/manpower for the resistance. The missions themselves more an MGSV op - there's a real "out of combat" AI unlike the lack of one XCOM's had since 2012, and they know how to communicate with each other and patrol the map. You start a fight with them and they call in backup and reinforcements as necessary. No more 'pod activation', but instead an AI that doesn't automatically know everything about your squad even if they're halfway across the map from the guys you just shot at.

It's technically possible though when is the question. At its most optimistic I think we can see strategy rework prototyping in the next couple of months and tactical AI reworking before the end of the year. At worst, next year. But I'm certain the mod will get there given time, and as more people get interested and offer to help the main author develop it, it gets faster.
>>
>>143733270
I'm sure you're right but I just couldn't be bothered. 50% of LW for me was "Fuck this, I'm not wasting my men fighting this shit. Let's go back to the Avenger."
>>
File: 1441979725415.gif (717KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1441979725415.gif
717KB, 400x225px
>>143728858
>that pic
Absolutely based
>>
>>143733715

I'd play that.
>>
>>143733715
Oh someone else who draws parallels between X2 and MGSV. Its funny because I was playing it totally reminded of xcom because of the perfectly inter-meshed "action" and "strategic" sections were. Both fed into each other influencing directly on how you played the action portion and then the strategic section influenced how you could play missions. Really enjoyed that, and part of the issue with X2 is it feels like there is a bit of a disconnect compared to X1 or x-com.
>>
>>143728858
Fuck, I remember some anon saying he knew the general (I think airforce) who ausanon called out.

Anyone know the name of the guy?
>>
>>143734867
Nevermind, remembered.
This sick cunt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Welsh
>>
>>143734960

>Military career
>No mention of being called a cunt by some digger.

How is that not a highlight?
>>
File: 1463689438628.png (2MB, 2052x2496px) Image search: [Google]
1463689438628.png
2MB, 2052x2496px
DEAD TO ADVENT! LONG LIVE XCOM! VIGILO CONFIDO!
>>
>>143737856
Better conditions, better waifus: Papa ADVENT's.
>>
File: SnayykSweater.jpg (57KB, 631x780px) Image search: [Google]
SnayykSweater.jpg
57KB, 631x780px
>>143737856
DO NOT HURT THE SNAYYK
>>
File: ayyyyʸʸʸʸʸʸ.webm (718KB, 1274x716px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyʸʸʸʸʸʸ.webm
718KB, 1274x716px
>>143724579
I don't know if you're still here but I wanted to apologize for continually joining your Siege games that one time. I skimmed through the VOD the next day and realized I was running things into the ground, I really don't want to be 'that guy'. Not to mention you weren't having the greatest of times to begin with either.

Next time I'll just watch and appreciate from afar, keeping my eye out for fresh bagels in webm form to deliver to the thread. Although that hostage rescue was pretty funny.
>>
>>143738365
too late, bradford said he needed more viper skin for the walls
>>
>>143739172
Bradford is a shitter with a questionable taste in indoor décor
>>
>>143739393
i know
out of nowhere he said that he wanted decapitated heads of aliens on the wall of the armory even advent soldiers ffs
he has issues
>>
>>143739172
He can have the skin, I just want the tail.
>ifyouknowwhatimean.bazinga
>>
>>143739710
>>143739393
The ayys had it coming
>>
>>143739068
That's okay, no big.
>>
>>143739734
ayyy
>>
In the Modlist appears "Halo Customizable Armors : Colorable Techsuits". However in the Mega Folder doesn't appear
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-29 01-01-50-76.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-29 01-01-50-76.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
Making new weapons is hard, i wanted to make my own version of plasma weapons because i don't like how the default ones look, so i followed a tutorial and messed around in the sdk trying to see where things go and what does what and man, there's so much to do.

All i've done so far is duplicate the plasma rifle call it something else and change the color of some of the fx it uses though.
>>
File: POI_WhatsInTheBarn.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
POI_WhatsInTheBarn.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>143746045
>1080p version of a PoI image

is there a gallery somewhere?
>>
>>143746650
Yeah, there's an Imgur album.
http://imgur.com/a/r4jSa

>>143742349
You should consult the guy who makes all the BLOPS rips, I'll imagine he's pretty good and he's fast as hell at replying

>>143730583
Good question, I don't know. When I start a new campaign I might post it here if people stay curious!
>>
Ayys are bad folks
>>
>>143747071
Sweet, I'd only known about the thumbnail version.
>>
File: XCom2 2016-05-27 05-03-29-91.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XCom2 2016-05-27 05-03-29-91.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
>>143747185

On every level except physical, i'm Xcom

[REMOVES AYYS]
>>
>>143747521
Excellent!
>>
>Suppress a Sectoid
>Sectoid moves
>No reaction fire against it
what the fuck
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-29+at+03.38.29).jpg (111KB, 779x849px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-29+at+03.38.29).jpg
111KB, 779x849px
>>143747910

TRICKED
>>
File: 1463962415796.jpg (98KB, 544x626px) Image search: [Google]
1463962415796.jpg
98KB, 544x626px
>First time seeing an avatar
>thing running out of LOS
>fires a lazer beam of 9 damage through 4 people
>2 dead and 2 grave wounded
>tfw

holy fuck
>>
>>143748484

First time i met an Avatar it had a Sectopod friend with him, but i figured with all the build up they made that they were the biggest threat, so i dropped everything i was doing and i just gunned him down, so he died doing nothing.

The sectopod then thankfully wasted his turn doing his stupid charge up laser and i killed it too.

But, next time i saw an Avatar was in the last mission and i didn't have the liberty of just running up and killing him, so i lost every soldier but one.
>>
>>143661720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_QI61YI5g
Just this over and over.
>>
>>143750517
>http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/barack-obama-will-reveal-alien-8044306
REV UP THOSE X-9 ASSAULT RIFLES BOYS, WE'RE GOING TO WAR

In all seriousness though, this _could_ be big.
>>
>>143751543
Whoops, didn't mean to quote
>>
>>143751543

I can already see the big reveal

"Uh, yes, we have uhm, seen UFOs flying around... That is all"
>>
>>143751543
This will either be huge or fucking nothing

>>143751678
Yeah but even that has enormous and gamechanging implications for humanity
>>
>>143751543
Yes, he will reveal "Everything the government knows," about UFOs.

"Everything the government knows," will be, "Nothing."

It's a given that there's intelligent life out there in the galaxy somewhere, but the odds of it finding and interacting with us, ESPECIALLY in the way popular fiction loves to talk about, is utterly inconsequential.

At the very best, there might be news that we've received a transmission. That's going to change literally everything about how we think about our place in the universe, but besides that, don't expect XCom any time soon.
>>
>>143751543
>>143751678
>>143751815
>>143751916
inb4 it's nothing, he is just demistifying area 51
Remember xcom EU starting quote
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
I root for an peaceful alien contact, but all i see till now a bullshit stories and blurry "photos"
>>
>>143751543
>>143751678

I remember some country did this some years ago, i don't remember if it was the UK or Canada or what but i remember they basically just said

>we also have spotted UFOs, they could be Ayys dunnolol
>>
File: 1457978968010.png (6KB, 202x301px) Image search: [Google]
1457978968010.png
6KB, 202x301px
>>143751543
>implying The Mirror is a reputable source
>especially for this kind of shit
wew lad

>>143751815
>Yeah but even that has enormous and gamechanging implications for humanity
they acknowledged that there are occurrences that can't be explained long ago, see Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book. I doubt that the investigations stopped when Blue Book was shut down, they probably just stopped going public with them.

>>143751916
>don't expect XCom any time soon
fuck you, I want my snek
>>
>>143751916
I agree, but just getting to know that there's another advanced race out there is so important. For one, it could mean that the great evolutionary filter is in front of us rather than behind us, which is terrifying. Also what if we, in time, found a means of crude communication? In the scheme of things this is big. Best of all though is that regardless of whether or not we learn anything we'll see a resurgence in sci-fi stuff.
>>
>>143752217
>fuck you, I want my snek
>Implying aliens with superior technology would travel across the galaxy to shag with us
>implying if they do that it wouldn't be EXTREMLY PAINFUL for us
>implying they would be humanoids
>implying lot of things
I want a qt gf alien too, but the odds of having one is so low i just might have better chances getting laid tonight
>>
File: 1265722320462.png (16KB, 483x455px) Image search: [Google]
1265722320462.png
16KB, 483x455px
>>143752342

The plot twist is that the ayys are all terrifying inhuman monsters like xenomorphs/zerg/tyranids and finding out about them leads them to us and we all get turned into eggs.
>>
pro tip for permanent tactical zoom out
>zoom out (middle mouse by default)
>hit an ability hotkey
>press esc to cancel that ability
>boom, permanent tactical zoom out until you press middle mouse again
>>
>>143752747
>Been playing Stellaris lately
>Got sick and tired of the old ideas of bug-aliens
>No hive mind, no bio-tech, no apex predators that consume everything
>Bureaucratic pacifists with a strong sense of community and a belief in technology promising a bright future
>mfw they turn out to be one of the most powerful races in the galaxy through science and diplomacy

>>143752342
Even if it takes ten years for a message to go each way, it'd be HUGE. and there's so much to consider; what if they're pre-FTL, like us? What if they're not? How would we even begin to react to an entirely alien people on the other end of the phone line? What the hell would we talk about? This is the most likely way for us to make first contact and I don't have the first clue how it would go down!

Would they be peaceful, or warlike? Conquerors, or exterminators? Hands-off ruling elite, or a full police state? Republic? Democratic? Monarchists? Corporate Oligarchy? Would they share technology, or withhold it? Trade or extort? Just where do we stand in the galaxy?

>>143752217
>fuck you, I want my snek
Cute alien waifus; the number one reason to explore the galaxy.
>>
File: 1449008395024.png (45KB, 604x694px) Image search: [Google]
1449008395024.png
45KB, 604x694px
>>143752673
>implying if they do that it wouldn't be EXTREMLY PAINFUL for us
for you, maybe. I'm a pretty big guy, I'm sure I could handle a snek.

>but the odds of having one is so low i just might have better chances getting laid tonight
>mfw

>>143752747
grab SKS, go innawoods

>>143753114
>Cute alien waifus; the number one reason to explore the galaxy.
this guy gets it
>>
File: 1328627490782.png (46KB, 412x416px) Image search: [Google]
1328627490782.png
46KB, 412x416px
>>143728858
>that picture
Holy shit
>>
>>143753438
Oh don't misunderstand me, i would like a snek in my life.
But as i said, the odds of an alien race existing is low, them being friendly to us is lower, them being in a way we can comprehend/relate without years and years of study is almost nil
There is more chances to meet a bug race wanting to eat our faces than a cute one wanting a loving relationship with us
>>
>>143753737
>There is more chances to meet a bug race wanting to eat our faces than a cute one wanting a loving relationship with us
normally, I'd agree with you. However, we have M E M E M A G I C on our side.
>>
>>143753114
>Just where do we stand in the galaxy?
I have to say, I'm not sure this development is even good for us. When talking about alien life, it's always "no news is good news".

The "great filter" concept is the only one that really makes sense in terms of why there wouldn't already be a type 2 or 3 civilization we could easily observe. It's fair to assume that life CAN develop on any Earth-similiar planet, and with how many of those there are even if only 2% even supported life one would've started evolving long ago, maybe even billions of years ago. With us developing this far in what is on a galactic scale a millisceond, imagine what a race with a few billion years of a head start on us would be able to do right now if it had been developing technologically all that time. That's the thing though, there is no such race to be observed anywhere, or any super-AI it left behind doing stuff. The gist of the "great filter" explanation is that there is some point which all life hits at which it's extremely hard to develop further, and most life either stagnates or dies out. This is why we haven't seen anybody, because nobody ever develops beyond a certain point on the evolutionary timeline. This could be going from a single-cell to a multiple-celled organism, or from water to land, or from dominant species on the homeworld to spacefaring race - who can say. The point is that at if the filter is behind us, we're destined for ruling the galaxy and if it's ahead of us, we're one hundo percent fucked.

Because of that, the discovery of even simple life would be devastating, because it would cut out a number of potential Great Filters behind us. And if we were to talk to complex life, it would be by far the worst news ever printed on a newspaper cover because it would mean The Great Filter is almost definitely ahead of us—ultimately dooming our species. That's fucking terrifying.
>>
>>143754229
>M E M E M A G I C
Then i want my qt lover alien please
>>
>>143754229
>>143754667

>Obama confirms that the Ayys are real
>mass shitposting ensues on /sci/, /x/ and /pol/
>MEME MAGIC activates and brings the ayys to us
>they're all waifus
>>
File: everything.png (2MB, 680x657px) Image search: [Google]
everything.png
2MB, 680x657px
>>143754969
It would be awesome
tfw i am too pragmatic for that, so i don't believe it. Feels bad man
>>
>>143755235

Don't give up hope, if /tv/ could crash a plane maybe 3 boards can crash an UFO.
>>
>>143755442
>you say that
>tonight i dreamed of a NASA pod dropping in my garden with a beautiful woman inside
y-you too
>>
>>143755442
/tv/ had far more concentrated meme magic.
>>
>>143751543
>the mirror
I like how they're quoting some nutjob as proof of anything, we'll get "some UFOs were just test aircraft and we don't know about the rest lol" and the mirror will publish on article on how thats the evil tories fault.
>>
>>143756248
Someone post the 4U flight screencap, i don't have it unluckily
>>
File: 4u.jpg (1MB, 878x1530px) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
1MB, 878x1530px
>>143756705
This one?
>>
>>143756795
Any really. Meme magic is real
>>
>>143754667
you'd better start meming then
>>
File: 4ubaine.jpg (2MB, 2976x2662px) Image search: [Google]
4ubaine.jpg
2MB, 2976x2662px
>>143756795
>>
>>143756795
>>143757142
I can't believe this shit really happened
It actually make me laugh out loud without feeling sorry for the people that died
Am i a monster ?
>>
>>143757697

For them.
>>
File: 1419741361015.jpg (61KB, 470x960px) Image search: [Google]
1419741361015.jpg
61KB, 470x960px
>>143757697
>>
File: nice meme.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
nice meme.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>143757801
>>143757930
>>
Let's talk custom classes for a minute

Right now I've got:

Bruiser (Grimy)
Infantry (Lucubration)
Scout (Lucubration)
Gunner (Lucubration)
Rocketeer (Lucubration)

Bruiser: I can't tell if its core feature (stunning an enemy and using them for cover) is working properly and while it has some interesting ideas it just feels kinda weird.

Infantry: Feels quite nice and well balanced, like a combat-oriented specialist with a few different tricks. Still, does step on the Specialist a bit.

Scout: The Assassinate ability is far and away the key to this class, allowing you to remain concealed if you kill the target of your attack. I also like the way it's Reaper works more than the base Ranger, although it could be overpowered in comparison. The problem is that Reaper just sucks compared to many other capstone abilities.

Rocketeer: overlaps with the Gunner, another class in the Escalation Classes mod this comes in, and the standard Grenadier, and the Infantry/Specialist. I also really dislike the scatter on the rockets. Shares at least five abilities with the Gunner. The Gunner feels like it carves out more of its own niche.

Gunner: Does feel a little more distinct from the Grenadier and other classes, although it's hard to say why

All in all, the custom classes leave me underwhelmed. I'm kinda wondering why you guys loved the Long War stuff so much desu.

Your thoughts?
>>
>>143759484
I think that current squad sizes and pod sizes make custom classes necessary. The large number of classes worked in long war because each one had their niche. Scouts were for running overwatch and flanking, gunners were for mechs, infantry were for unarmoured targets, and the rocketeer was to shred targets and make them easier to hit. This way no class really steps on the toes of the other. However, this is not the case with xcom 2. It's important to note that the many classes in lw were because they split the trees of each class in EW into 2 seperate classes. Since you still have the base classes, they will overlap with the modded classes, and then you might as well just use the base classes because they are more flexible.

In other words, the custom classes come from a game in which they all served a unique purpose, but when ported to xcom 2, find that their purpose overlaps with another class. That is probably why they feel so underwhelming.

As for rocket scatter, that was done because in the original EW rockets either hit or veered wildly off course. This way you can at least predict around where the rockets will go rather than just rolling some dice.
>>
>>143761101
>>143759484
How does one make custom classes? Is it just editing .ini files, or is actual animation and modelling needed?
>>
>>143761780

I'm pretty sure that none of the existing custom classes have custom models, and i don't think anyone has made custom animations at all for Xcom2.

But i'm also pretty sure it's not just editing .ini files, it's also editing script .uc files. Don't know anything about coding so i don't know how complicated it is.
>>
>>143762047
There is a grand total of one animation mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631509676&searchtext=
>>
File: 20160529075835_1.jpg (299KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529075835_1.jpg
299KB, 1360x768px
Going to post some thoughts after completing my first heavily modded campaign. I've done 2 play-throughs vanilla, once on veteran and once on commander. With this campaign I used-

All of the DLCs
A Better Advent
Grimy's Loot Mod (plus a couple addons)
A bunch of custom classes
All the map mods
Second Wave reborn

I'll be reviewing some of the voice packs and classes I used while posting some pics of my "endgame" squad.

First I want to say that A Better Advent and Grimy's Loot Mod are freaking amazing. They add so much spice to the game, and the RNG with Grimy's Loot Mod is super fitting for the game. ABA does add difficulty and the AI definitely acts differently from vanilla.

Pic is the team captain for my B team for this campaign- Rose "Boomer" Navarro on the main menu screen.
>>
File: 20160529080226_1.jpg (269KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080226_1.jpg
269KB, 1360x768px
>>143764657
My A team gunslinger, Snapshot.

I mainly want to talk about the Icarus Armor here. Icarus armor I feel like was very well implemented and satisfied my want for an EU/EW style jetpack in Xcom 2. I actually like the Icarus Armor more than the Archangel armor from EU/EW. The Icarus jump being a free action with limited uses, and the slight boost to mobility just feels right. Great when paired with a gunslinger or a sniper, I'm sure lots of you have figured out this natural combination already.

Also, where grimy's loot mod comes in is with her sniper rifle, this one gives her a single use Run and Gun, super useful on a gunslinger. Grimy's loot mod gave me super OP combinations on this playthrough as you'll soon see.
>>
File: 20160529080325_1.jpg (270KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080325_1.jpg
270KB, 1360x768px
>>143764993
My B team Specialist, Nami

Just want to say Halo armor looks fucking amazing in this game.

So mainly I want to talk about how amazing Gremlins are now in Grimy's loot mod. They can roll some really OP powers- for example her Gremlin gives a 5 HP shield to whoever receives Aid Protocol, stacking with regular Aid Protocol bonuses and Threat Assessment. Ridiculous. With Alien Hunters running around I started to value healing very highly, so she's a Medic spec.
>>
File: 1265522584166.jpg (23KB, 325x367px) Image search: [Google]
1265522584166.jpg
23KB, 325x367px
>>143762960
>>
>>143764657
What custom classes you using?
>>
File: 20160529080403_1.jpg (270KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080403_1.jpg
270KB, 1360x768px
>>143765317
Valkyrie here is my A team ranger, and when you get Salvo from the AWC on a ranger you will always want to put them in an EXO/WAR suit with a rocket launcher.

>Launch rocket, kill cover
>Shoot shotgun, kill dudes

Also, I rolled a ton of really good shotguns with Grimy's loot mod, one of which had a Laser Sight and a "High Caliber Magazine"- increasing power of every shot for reduced ammo capacity. At tier 3 I grabbed advanced modular weapons and slapped a superior extended magazine on it too bringing me back up to 4 shots. Combining this with talon rounds could one-shot anything but big bads like Gatekeepers and Sectpods. One shotting them was a job for one of my other troopers...

Also the axes just make this chick even better. Blow up their cover with a rocket, kill one dude with an axe, kill another with the shotgun. OP as hell.
>>
>>143765754
I'm interest in your mod reviews but you have terrible fashion sense
>>
File: 1455916872731.png (19KB, 605x683px) Image search: [Google]
1455916872731.png
19KB, 605x683px
>>143762960
at least we have our priorities straight
>>
File: 20160529080509_1.jpg (277KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080509_1.jpg
277KB, 1360x768px
>>143765643
Rogue, Trooper, Infantry, Bruiser, Shocktrooper, Headhunter, and I think that's all. Going to be phasing a couple of these out and I'll explain why later.

>>143765754
Tatyana, my Rogue was super useful this campaign as a scout. Very mobile, somewhat hard to level at times and I usually wanted to keep her concealed. My only complaint with this custom class is that I could only really see myself needing one Rogue. The scouting ability she offers is nice but not really applicable on every mission type, which actually could be viewed as a good balancing feature in terms of overall class balance. I think the Rogue is probably the best custom class available right now because it feels balanced, and it fills a niche that can't be filled by any other class be it vanilla or custom. It is completely unique. Like I said I only felt like I needed one, so Tatyana bounced between squads based on mission type- for example I wouldn't take her on retaliation missions where you want the enemy to find you as soon as possible, rather I would take her on story missions and facility raids where there was no time limit and I could scout around at my leisure.

Also, there are a couple of Grimy's Loot Mod armor upgrades that are great for this class, one being "advanced digital camo" or something like that where it reduces your detection radius to a ridiculously small amount.
>>
/vg/ leagues futbol when?
>>
File: 20160529080538_1.jpg (269KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080538_1.jpg
269KB, 1360x768px
>>143766010
Yeah Valkyrie does look a bit thrown together in the aesthetics department. That helmet is great though I love the XCOM 1 helmets in this game.

>>143766365
White is a bruiser, and his voice pack is what inspired his name. The "Oscar Mike" voice pack from battleborn is hilarious. The voice pack itself is very well done, has a lot of variety to it, and has some really funny reactions to various situations like enemy reinforcement drops and getting a crit.

The Bruiser class I feel is Grimy's best custom class thus far after trying out 3 of them. The bruiser feels like a natural side-grade to the Ranger that offers some different options gameplay wise but fills the same sort of gap as a tanky shotgun user without overlapping. I highly recommend this class especially if you are using Grimy's loot mod, you'll see why later. The Bruiser's ability to soak fire, retaliate, and stun enemies using a melee attack feels super relevant at every tier of the game.

Also, the Blacklight Retribution helmets and a dark color scheme really makes the RAGE suit look cool as fuck IMO. Less "naked muscle man" and more "form fitting bio-suit" style.

Grimy's loot mod rolled me a shotgun with an attachment that gave 2 uses of "Incendiary shot". This skill is OP as fuck, its like a rocket that has a 4-tile AOE that shoots out of my shotgun that deals 8-10 damage and lights the enemy on fire, AND it destroys cover. That skill got me out of sooo much shit.
>>
>>143766473
Fuck off.
>>
File: 20160529080603_1.jpg (274KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080603_1.jpg
274KB, 1360x768px
>>143767248
Ah yes, the Imperium's finest.

When this guy was randomly generated by the game, he rolled Sgt. Merrick's DoW II voice pack- hence the Kasrkin Helmet. The voicepack is extremely well done, it has appropriate reactions for just about every situation, and it sounds badass. Even for a medic specialist this voicepack is one of the best I have seen.

I don't remember what the mod is called, but he rolled the old XCOM 1 style Double Tap from the AWC, super useful skill.

Grimy's Loot Mod gave him a Gremlin with "Enhanced Trojan Protocol" giving him +10 to his hack stat. I rolled this fairly early on in the game, and it gave me a lot of hack rewards I normally would not have gotten. Good shit all around.
>>
File: 20160529080636_1.jpg (264KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080636_1.jpg
264KB, 1360x768px
>>143767773
Behold- Gomez. The most OP motherfucker of my entire campaign. This guy rolled a Colonel-level ability from Grimy's Bruiser class called Caustic Slug. Caustic slug is a shot that shreds armor, and deals DOUBLE damage. Now think about that for a second. Shredding additional armor, and dealing double damage on a fucking cannon twice per mission.

Let me put it to you this way. I take this guy on my A team, and give him a Cannon with a superior scope, and Bluescreen rounds. Bluescreen rounds increases his damage even further against big bads like MECs, Sectopods, and Gatekeepers. This guy could literally deal out 32 damage with one shot using Caustic slug. With the armor shred I could literally one-shot a brand spanking new Sectopod or Gatekeeper. Twice per mission.

So, if you roll caustic slug on a grenadier, keep that motherfucker alive even if you costs you the mission. You'll thank me later. Oh yeah and in addition to all of that damage, you can even strap on a cannon with "wildcat cartridge" from Grimy's Loot Mod giving you more free damage. Insane.

I didn't even need to spec this guy as a gunner because he could just kill everything he looked at anyways. I was one-shotting Avatars with him on the last mission.
>>
>>143767695
what?
>>
File: 20160529080806_1.jpg (268KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080806_1.jpg
268KB, 1360x768px
>>143768396
Viola here is my C team captain, a lower ranking Infantry class. The infantry class I gotta say is super good, actually it's too good. And Viola got even better by rolling Caustic Slug from the AWC. She can kill two brand new MECs in one turn.

The Infantry class I feel really shines in XCOM 2 as probably the best assault rifle user in the game. It just has so many excellent skills that are useful at every tier of the game- 2 of which are the Flare and the Squaddie skill that lets you fire twice. The flare is probably one of the best skills in the game. Arcon or Gatekeeper hard to hit? Your 70% shot just became an 83% shot FOR FREE. This is especially important against rulers, as free actions of any kind are the name of the game against them.

More on Infantry classes later when I show you the girl we saw on the main menu screen.
>>
>>143768396
You're really just making me swear never to use this loot mod
>>
File: 20160529080849_1.jpg (265KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080849_1.jpg
265KB, 1360x768px
>>143769146
Here's my Trooper, one of my favorite character pool characters inspired by Warhammer 40k (or 30k for those in the know).

Aesthetically he uses alot of the custom armor from Titanfall, and Stenchfury's fucking draw-droppingly good helmets. He also rolled Colonel Radec's voice pack from Killzone I think?

The Radec voice pack is pretty damn disappointing. Almost every action I take, the only thing he says is "So it begins" slightly differently. Pretty sure I'm going to delete this one. The voice sounds cool but the pack just has so little variety.

And here I am going to complain about the Trooper class. I feel like the Trooper class is outshined in every way by Lucubrication's Infantry class. Almost every time I fielded this guy I wished he was Infantry instead of a Trooper. Firing a pistol that doesn't end your turn is nice sometimes, but all of his AOE buff abilities are an inferior option to just firing 99% of the time, his personal buffs are okay, again outshined by those in the Infantry lineup. The Mark Target ability can come in handy, but again its just not as good as flare. I may end up ditching the Trooper class as he just always gets outshined by another class no matter how you load him out. As an Assault Rifle user he's inferior to the Infantry, as a shotgun user he's inferior to both the Ranger and the Bruiser.

If anyone has some kind of redeeming words to say about the Trooper, I would love to hear them.
>>
File: 20160529080943_1.jpg (265KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529080943_1.jpg
265KB, 1360x768px
>>143769423
The chances of rolling Caustic shot on your Grenadier are extremely small, but that RNG is part of XCOM. It's no worse than getting Serial on a Ranger, it's OP but it's fun too (IMO). But hey, who am I to tell you what to do? It's your game dude.

>>143769967
Here's my Sniper, Hecate.

I mainly want to talk about the Icarus Armor's synergy with your bog standard sniper. Having a huge movement be a free action is a god send, as you can move locations, Lightning hands, and then take a sniper shot. You can also move locations and set up a Kill Zone. Just good stuff all around. If anyone has any other suggestions about Icarus armor and other classes, let it be known!
>>
File: 20160323153714_1.jpg (252KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160323153714_1.jpg
252KB, 1366x768px
This is it /xcg/. Our last line of defense. We need to win this game

>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.jpg (19KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.jpg
19KB, 680x544px
>>143770529
Are we both out of time ?
>>
here we go boys
>>
File: 20160529081109_1.jpg (263KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529081109_1.jpg
263KB, 1360x768px
>>143770432
Here's main menu girl, Boomer.

She's A team's captain for a reason, the snake suit, Infantry class, and bolt caster are an OP combination. The snake suit gives her dodge, mobility, and free movement in the form of the spider suit grapple. Her squaddie skill gives her the ability to shoot and reload or shoot and use her pistol in the same turn, with the bolt caster that is a deadly combination.

At later levels it becomes kind of a waste to use the bolt caster on an infantry class if you the conventional route, as it counteracts your ability to get multiple overwatch shots. But for an unconvential it works great. Additional mobility when you shoot, additional damage when you move- it's almost like it was built for bolt caster use. That and the Psi-skull helmet looks cool as fuck with the snek armor.

Here's another little gem from Grimy's Loot mod. He says his Alien Hunter weapons are an extremely small chance to roll, but I just so happened to get an Epic Bolt Caster named "Baroness". This thing felt like cheating.

Superior Reserve Magazine: the last shot in the magazine has 60% increased aim and 30% increased crit chance. The Bolt caster only has 1 bolt per magazine. Every shot taken with this thing was 80% or better.

On top of that- Suppressor: Increase aim and crit chance by 15% when not visible.

The damn thing was a god weapon. I even made a head cannon story about it and how Boomer and Draykavac would fight over its use in the field, and how Boomer got benched for months (leveled her up too high above other soldiers) over coming to blows with him for her possessiveness with the weapon. Baroness had a mind of its own, a machine-spirit if you will, that slowly influenced the minds of those using it to become more and more bloodthirsty. Draykavak, being almost entirely machine, was more resistant to its effects and therefore more suited it handle the weapon (he had Death from Above).
>>
>>143771525
GOOD LUCK, COMMANDER
>>
File: 20160529081117_1.jpg (247KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529081117_1.jpg
247KB, 1360x768px
>>143771537
An additional note about Boomer, dodge, and the Infantry class.

The infantry class has an ability that lets you take pistol shots at attackers that come within close range (Close range?!) and a chance to counter melee attacks with the butt of your rifle. On the codex brain gate coordinates mission (Chryssalid country) she as a major dropped into the killing fields, and with her superior dodge PCS stacking with the snek armor's dodge stats, she dodged melee attacks from 4 chrysallids, shot them each as they came in with her pistol, and then caved each one's skulls with the butt of Baroness. Killing 4 Chrysallids in close combat by herself? I would say that's some hall of fame shit right there.
>>
Good attempt at saving it.
Fucking kekoff abuse
>>
SNAKETITS
>>
AYYY LMAO SNAKETITS WITH A GOAL
>>
barely 10 minutes in and there's already 3 goals

wew lad
>>
Is this vgl thing all done by AI?
>>
uh oh

>>143772415
Yes
>>
Fucking weeaboos
>>
>>143772353
PES16 is a well made and balanced videogame
>>
Pistols are NOT useful
>>
holy shit that goalkeeper
>>
Fucking PISTOLS
>>
File: 20160529081145_1.jpg (246KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160529081145_1.jpg
246KB, 1360x768px
>>143772015
Last one- Vindicare. Because Vindicare assassins are cool as fuck and the voice pack that gives you a bunch of the voices from DoW 1 is really well done.

This guy is the Headhunter class from Grimy. My main gripe with it isn't really the RNG that he bases most of his abilities on, but more that he doesn't really do anything that a regular sniper can't do when built out on the Marksman tree. There's a melee focused skill tree that I didn't try out yet that looks cool, but melee isn't what Vindicare assassins are about, they snipe motherfuckers.

I didn't get this guy to colonel mainly because he ended up taking valuable slots I wanted to fill with a regular sniper, a gunslinger, a Psionic, or my Rogue. It's a cool class and I like the additions it can give Grimy's Loot Mod, like Thunderclap which I rolled on my Rogue.

I'll have to try out the melee tree next time, but like I said I'm not entirely convinced about this class.

I did try out Grimy's Fury class and I just didn't really like it. It felt really clunky to have 2 blue moves that I need to make separately and I didn't really like the mechanic of sacrificing HP for psionic powers, so I ditched the class.

I also ran a Shocktrooper through this campaign, got her all the way up to Major, but I feel like the Shocktrooper, just like the Trooper is outshined by the infantry in every aspect. Especially when you have a class that still has a flamethrower that deals 2-5 still at tier 3 that is rather difficult to use, and as far as I know the author doesn't support the mod anymore. I am pretty sure I'm gonna ditch this class as well.
>>
>>143772958
SHUT IT WE'RE WATCHING FOOTBALL
>>
File: chat.jpg (12KB, 324x52px) Image search: [Google]
chat.jpg
12KB, 324x52px
>>
It's over.
The ayys have won at this point.
>>
>99%
>>
File: 1454106438909.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454106438909.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>
>99% chance misses
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
So are we out if we lose this?
>>
WHY DOES ANYBODY EVER PASS 99%
>>
This goalie has proved Pistols are in fact useless
>>
Welp time to start the resistance
>>
>>143774128
We were fucked the moment we swapped out Lightning Reflexes.
>>
>Trusting an ayy
>>
Rip
>>
On the upside we're still okay if /rlg/ lose horribly
Knowing our luck tho
>>
>8,1
>EIGHT ONE
SACK THE MANAGER
>>
>>143774663
Didn't it end 6-1?

>sack the manager
Fuck no, Delta a best. I don't have enough of a grasp on this game to really understand what went wrong, why did it work so well against /rlg/ and so poorly against these guys?
>>
>>143774779
Just a winning formation/plan I guess.
>>
I don't know what happens guys. Shit was not working like before. The midfield was gone and defenders were shit.I knew they could score goals but not so easly.
I need some air right now
>>
>>143774779
I think we just got unlucky, I dunno much about football though.
>>
>>143774779
I have learned enough from my life in a city dominated by football to know that exaggerating things and calling for resignations is the correct attitude!
>>
>>143775023
>calling for resignations
>not beheadings
Do you even south american futbol
>>
>>143774969
RNG was stacked against you, don't beat yourself up. We'll still adore you for the amazing custom models and organizing this single-handedly.
besides we all know /rlg/ are going to fuck it up anyway
>>
>>143775117
I would do that but I've also learned the police can do a lot to an angry football fan from the back of a horse.
>>
>>143774969
S'all good. Shit happens.
>>
I have faith in giant robots.
Hopefully they will steamroll /rlg/
>>
File: hail hard drive.jpg (144KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
hail hard drive.jpg
144KB, 1920x800px
Anyone got the xcom apocalypse general image?
>>
File: 1349383698207.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1349383698207.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>143776484
This?
>>
>>143776607
Thanks bro
>>
File: SITE RECON.png (72KB, 265x294px) Image search: [Google]
SITE RECON.png
72KB, 265x294px
>>143775538
Knowing our luck though
>>
NEW TRAILER >>143776765

>>143776765
>>143776765
>>143776765
>>
>>143777018
>>143776607
>>143776484
That was cutting a bit tight lad
>>
>>143777018
>not futbol edition as requested
dang it
>>
>>143777841
Maybe next thread?
>>
>>143777932
>there's a very real risk we'll be out of the tournament by then
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 236

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.