[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/evn/ - English Visual Novels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 75

File: Vo5z%2Fw.png (503KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vo5z%2Fw.png
503KB, 1280x720px
Vehicular suicide edition

Discussion about the making or playing of English Language Visual Novels.

Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it.
Want to talk about Katawa Shoujo or similar evns? /ksg/ is the place for you.

>Getting Started:
http://pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating

For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
http://meganelover.com/post/122965940223/visual-novel-creation-masterlist

Ren'Py Download:
http://www.renpy.org/

Previous Thread >>136369882
>>
I'm in.
>>
>>136815365
It better be a japanese truck.
>>
>>136815714
better than average =/= good.
>>
>>136815714

DanganRonpa looks a hell of a lot more professional
>>
>>136815902
Not even pro level VNs have perfect anatomy or artwork. So listing minor problems with amateur made VNs like it's some kind of huge problem is a little silly, don't you think?
>>
>>136816058
I'm not sure about anything other than the first game, but the CGs are terrible if you actually go back and look at them. The sprites aren't bad though.
>>
>>136816143

The thing is that "using fancy coloring to hide basic anatomy/composition problems" is annoying as hell.
>>
>>136816394
Go ahead and give me a redline of all those anatomy issues and I'll show you just how minor they are.
>>
>>136816143
just pointing out how the faces look really off. No need to get mad.
>>
>>136816394
>annoying as hell
For you.
>>
>>136816637

This. It's the faces. And honestly, the face is the worst thing you can fuck up in a drawing.
>>
>>136816689
>not annoyed by wonky anatomy
For you
>>
>>136816637
I'm not mad, but you really should be more descriptive in your criticism. Just say you don't like the style they used for the faces, not that they used fancy coloring to hide the bad anatomy issues.
>>
>>136816901

> it has to be the same anon, because no way two different people could find the anatomy weird.
>>
>>136816552
Remember, we're the same group of people who flipped shit over Tao drawing some lips, minor or not it's going to be highlighted.
>>
This just in: art is subjective. What doesn't matter to you may in fact matter to someone else, and no amount of trying to tell them it's not a big deal will help.
>>
>>136816789
No? I don't care for perfect anatomy.
>>
>>136816981
Then show me where the anatomy is wrong, because I think you're talking out of your ass for some reason, and I want to know why.

>>136817043
I know, and I'm going to bother the fuck out of all of you until you give some decent examples of what you're talking about. I hate one sided conversations.
>>
>>136816901
>Just say you don't like the style they used for the faces
not that anon, but it's not a style problem. She's got weird proportion issues when it comes to faces. Funny thing is that she can draw old men and old women just fine.
>>
>tfw hit a massive brick wall with planning out an important part of my plot
I've got clear objectives that I need to reach but I don't know how to cover them, or think of satisfying explanations for why they're the way they are.
>>
>>136817221

Their entire lower jaws are too big for the rest of their faces and it makes them look like Ron Perlman.
>>
Post your word count /evn/
>>
File: pp1.png (6KB, 255x201px) Image search: [Google]
pp1.png
6KB, 255x201px
>>136817637
>>
Male yanderes and female yandere romance when?
>>
reverse trap romance evn when?
>>
>>136817865
What program is that?
>>
how long does a sprite take you guys? i find the design process takes me a really long time.
>>
>>136818384
Scrivener, it's a really good word processor. Spell check is a bit frustrating at times, however.
>>
>>136817248
Write through it. That's all you can do. Come back to it during editing and clean it up.
>>
>>136817221
The problem with stylised drawings is that there is always the cop out that "it's my style", but if we're talking about anatomy: as >>136817485 pointed out, the lower part of the face is always blown out. I've seen people pointing it out about her art over and over again, with the most common comparison being made with horse faces. Some people do have weird proportions but she draws everyone like that, whether they're supposed to be ugly or not.

The anatomy of the body is very symbolical as well, which could work better if she didn't use the more painterly coloring she goes for, because it highlights errors more. The muscles of the neck and the clavicles are placed with no consideration for the function they perform, the muscles on the forearm are more or less chicken leg like, the hands are more often than not claws and the legs are scrappily drawn, when they're there.

Sure, if the threshold is "it's free and some JVNs do shit stuff", then we really can't criticise it.

Danganronpa's character art isn't my cup of tea, but it's much more characterful and flows better in terms of gesture.
>>
>>136818551
Depends? For something like nano, if I have the concept already done, a couple of hours at max.
Concept art doesn't take me long because I don't detail things, just color strokes and simple shapes.

For something commercial I take more time doing lineart and coloring, so I think two sprites per day is the max I can do.
>>
>>136819164
thank you based anon!
>>
>>136819301
For what?
>>
>>136818685
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. I just started writing what I thought the characters would do and got a nice section that I feel introduces some of the relevant characters and gets the reader familiar with them.
But now I'm past that and it's such a headache trying to decide what should happen next.
I'll get it in the end, I guess.
>>
Rather than talking about Auro's art, let's talk about firecat's nanoreno wip 3 days before end of nano http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37742&sid=25d71b72a23c9c2db0a7248d92bafc88
>>
File: woops.png (823KB, 851x623px) Image search: [Google]
woops.png
823KB, 851x623px
>>136819164
>but it's much more characterful and flows better in terms of gesture.

I mean, say what you want, but Japan gets a pass for this crap most of the time. This is one of the better CGs believe it or not. I call it a weeaboo pass. If the creator is Japanese, nearly everything gets overlooked or passed over. Looking at the art as a critic you can easily see the flaws. If the artist draws the faces long like that, it's a stylistic choice. Skull anatomy is rarely ever followed in manga, cartoon, and anime. Everything else is very minor really. The body and neck anatomy looks fine. I'm just constantly in awe at how many people expect everything to be just like anime in a thread for English VNs. Most of the issues come down to that simple fact. It isn't Japanese enough for you guys.
>>
>>136820981
Where do people get those sprites? I've seen them in no less than 5 VNs and even TyranoBuilder uses those sprites for their demo. I think only the hair and clothing changes, but the face and body are exactly the same.
>>
>>136821095
i still think DR still flows better in terms of gesture. Sure the legs are too long and there's other anatomical errors, but the picture in general looks professional compared to Auro's art.

And it's not because I'm a weeb and the artist is japanese. Infact, the art looks like they traced 3D models and added their own spin to it. The DR artist is just more skilled at gesture and natural looking bodies, and the faces are anime style that's proportioned.

In comparison, Auro's art looks stiff and the way she draws faces gives them a weird unbalanced look.
>>
>>136821095
No, I've told you what I think works better and what I see wrong with the stuff Aurocyanide does, which is what you asked.
You can make stylistic choices and people can think those choices are bad, it's not an excuse. You're just dismissing our opinion on the basis that you've decided we only like Japanese stuff.
>>
File: woops2.png (765KB, 874x647px) Image search: [Google]
woops2.png
765KB, 874x647px
>>136821609
>The DR artist is just more skilled at gesture and natural looking bodies, and the faces are anime style that's proportioned.

No. Just no. The faces are completely derpy in nearly every CG for DR, and it looks like the sprites were done by an entirely different artist. Most of the sprite facial features are pure symbols. They even use a straight up 3 for Hina's mouth sometimes. The gestures are terrible mostly. I can't help but imagine you are not an artist, and you've never studied gesture drawing in your life.
>>
>>136821428
Hm, I'm thinking dlsite, or something. Pretty sure firecat is using his um, sprite generator? To be honest, this user is such a mystery to me. Other than his bad reputation.
>>
>>136821928
No, I did not. You're twisting my words. Liking a certain style is subjective, that is not the issue. Whether anatomy and stylized anatomy are properly portrayed or not not is a different matter. You don't just say, I don't like their style, so their anatomy is wrong. It doesn't work like that. They either are, or they are not.
>>
>>136822097
Can't we agree that style is subjective? No need to argue on what's batter than the other. I'm sure Auro can take crit if you tell her about the proportions. Every artist is about moving forward and learning to improve from their mistakes.
If you're arguing for arguments sake, then I won't stop you.
>>
>>136822383
I'm arguing for the sake of argument. I have nothing to gain here. I have no affiliation with the artist, and I don't even like the art style myself. The original argument was not about the style, however, it was about the anatomy.
>>
File: Beta_Nanami_sprite.jpg (17KB, 380x240px) Image search: [Google]
Beta_Nanami_sprite.jpg
17KB, 380x240px
>>136822097
>No. Just no.
okay man, look carefully now.

Please compare this to...
>>
File: tumblr_o3rsrofhAK1ulbmmzo1_540.png (186KB, 540x484px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3rsrofhAK1ulbmmzo1_540.png
186KB, 540x484px
>>136823340
>>136822097

this at the 3/4's view
>>
>>136823543
It is a bit of an unfair comparison, the DR 3/4 isn't any more realistic than Auro's 3/4. You need to post a photo of 3/4 head.
>>
>>136822357
And where did I say that her anatomy is wrong because I don't like her style?
>>
>>136823340
We were discussing the first game, remember? I said I didn't know anything about the others. At any rate, that sprite is not amazing and it looks like you purposefully picked the worst sprite from the other artist that you could find. That aside, one thing I think we can all agree on is that DR has a serious case of sameface. When you use the same exact face for every character, it would probably be a simple task to get it to look correct, would it not?
>>
>>136824037
If you jumped into the conversation midway through and took up the reigns from someone else, I can't help you. If the comment wasn't directed at you just ignore it. If not, you aren't paying attention to the conversation.
>>
>>136823741
It's not more realistic, but the eyes aren't obviously different sizes and the lower part of the face isn't melting off the skull.
>>
>>136824164
i don't play DR man. Just googled DR sprites and I picked that one. All the DR sprites look pretty decent. The one I picked from Auro is one of her more highlighted sprites that she herself is proud of. It's a sprite from the current game she's working on and he's a finished version.
>>
>>136824320
Boy is this anon chat confusing => a newbie here.
Aka, I'm the anon who believes that everyone has their own opinions. Auro has her fans, and you're not one of them. nbd Her fans can enjoy the work that you're critical of and that's no big deal either. But one things for sure, any Cyanide Tea game will get JP's approval lol
>>
>>136823741
>>136824164

Compare her art here:
http://cyanideteadev.tumblr.com/tagged/Character-Concept

and google DanganRonpa concept art and just look at the images section.

The quality in difference is right fucking there. It's pretty damn obvious.
>>
>>136824320
You're the one who replied to my post in particular. I pointed out what problems there are with her anatomy, as I said there as well. There is no denying the faces she draws are really wonky, it's not simply a matter of style and that's way too often used as an excuse.
>>
>>136824409
But I suppose to other people, they'll think that sprite has a turnip head. Not sure which one's better anon.
>>
>>136824164
>I think we can all agree on is that DR has a serious case of sameface.
The average female face is similar, but you've got people like Sakura and Hifumi in the first game and even more faces that don't fit the mold in the second.
>>
>>136824881
Maybe it's a style that's still in it's growth period? In a few years, Auro will realize that one eye is bigger than another and learn to fix it? Like Deiji.
>>
dumbest topic to keep the thread going yet.
>>
>>136825170
Deiji draws really cute girls and bishounen, but every other type of man she does look weird, too. But that isn't her fault as much as people that hire her.
>>
>>136824869
Yeah, it's an amateur artist vs a Japanese studio that makes games as their job and has released around 30 professional games including franchises like pokemon and one piece. No one expects it to be better, but to say that DR artwork is not plagued with glaring mistakes is an outright lie.

>>136824881
The faces are wonky. They look fine, but they are a bit wonky.

>>136824970
Don't remind me of Hifumi's face please. 83
Also Sakura was the best character.
>>
>>136825402
Are you sure? I argued with an anon about if weed was a drug or not for like three hours once.
>>
>>136825567
That was...fun.
>>
>>136825170
This is clearly the case. Messing up the eyes like that is a beginner mistake. The artist seems to have skipped learning proper forms and anatomy in favor of moving on to coloring with a very basic knowledge of how things should look. They really should work on the facial structure. It would improve the appeal of their art 10 fold.
>>
>>136825715
Well, Auro's background is graphic design. Can't blame that major for not having an adequate ground for anatomy. It's amazing how she grows though, I gotta say. Despite her wonky mistakes. In a way, mistakes can become a style.
>>
>>136825715
I guess I can agree that without mastering proper basic knowledge, it does get in the way of stylizing, as shown that drawing anime without learning anatomy is more likely to harm an artist's growth.
>>
>>136825964
I love her GUI designs.
>>
>>136825527
>Yeah, it's an amateur artist vs a Japanese studio that makes games as their job and has released around 30 professional games including franchises like pokemon and one piece. No one expects it to be better, but to say that DR artwork is not plagued with glaring mistakes is an outright lie.

nobody said DR's artwork was flawless, but to say that preferring DR's art over Auro's because we're weebs who automatically think Nippon is superior was uncalled for. Everyone unanimously started to agree when I posted comparison pics, it's like the person defending Auro never even looked at her work in the first place.
>>
>>136826678
Yes, and her backgrounds are stunning.
>>
>>136826678
yeah i think she does the best GUI. she opened slots a while back but sadly they seem closed now.
>>
>>136826754
I would love to defend Auro, knowing her work from when Break Chance Memento started, but I gotta agree, the eye size problem had always irked me. I was wondering when she'll notice and fix it. Been waiting since 2011.
>>
>>136826754
The art is largely fine for an amateur, that was the point. I compared it to DR not because I was saying it's better art than DR art, but to prove the point that even professionals have issues with their art and often. The only real issues people have brought up is the facial proportions, which are wonky, but that can be fixed with time. I'm mainly arguing this point because some anon said they should just hire an artist to do the art for them, which was a ludicrous statement. If that happened to be you, slap yourself for me.
>>
>>136827412
Damn, is that how this topic/argument started? What if that anon already disappeared, leaving behind this mess?
>>
>>136827412
It wasn't me, but I've slapped myself anyway. What should I do next, anon?
>>
>>136827684
First, take off all your clothes. Then work on your game.
>>
Which EVN should I read to ease the crushing loneliness and lack of purpose in life?
>>
>>136827684
Convert to Islam and make arabic vns.
>>
>>136830195
you should play rpg.
>>
File: tn_1235245586270.jpg (8KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
tn_1235245586270.jpg
8KB, 220x180px
so tell me /evn/

what are you working on, what's the niche you're in?

pic may be related
>>
>>136830195
https://kyuu.itch.io/tuesday
Carpe Diem: the EVN
>>
>>136830195
Sakura Clicker
>>
File: Ara_0027_var-2-shy-closed.png (2MB, 1371x2894px) Image search: [Google]
Ara_0027_var-2-shy-closed.png
2MB, 1371x2894px
>>136832842
>what are you working on
Alpha's Adventures
>what's the niche you're in?
R18 Yuri
>>
>>136835769
Oh nice, I saw this on lsf, good luck. Can't wait to touch some anime titties with anime titties.
>>
File: 250px-197Umbreon[1].png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-197Umbreon[1].png
38KB, 250x250px
>>136835769
My mind instantly goes to Umbreon whenever I see the thumbnail of this sprite. Looks and sounds really good though.

I've really got to get some writing done on my own project. I've been so lazy. Even if I can just get a few lines down today I'll be happy that at least SOME kind of progress is being made. ;_;
>>
File: demo ready.png (123KB, 400x233px) Image search: [Google]
demo ready.png
123KB, 400x233px
> http://purinproductions.blogspot.com/p/demo.html

looks nice.
>>
File: soon.jpg (785KB, 3248x2224px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
785KB, 3248x2224px
Soon.
>>
>>136832842
A lot of math.
>>
>>136837289
what is this?
>>
>>136837783
looks like an SC3VN teaser
>>
>>136837289
the colors hurt my eyes, but okay.
>>
>>136837289
I can't tell if that's one of the characters or the main protag.
>>
>>136837289
>Red and blue version of SC2VN

pokemon monetization strats
>>
>>136832842
>what's the niche you're in?
That glorious ground in between subtext and actual lesbian romance which will disappoint everyone involved.
>>
>>136840834
it's okay. I'm a veteran shipper thats used to subtext.
>>
>>136832842
I'm working on Parallel Percent, I guess my niche is sci-fi. I don't talk about my project much, I'll make a LSF thread someday soon I guess.
>>
>>136824686
Reminder to everyone not to make a game for JPs stamp of approval. Don't get lost trying to appease reviewers. Make the games for your fans.

Don't have fans yet? Think of the audience you're reaching.
>>
>>136832842
Fetish, kinks, and fluff.
>>
>>136843327
And what happens when they don't play it because of conspiracies?
>>
>>136843327
Thanks, that's pretty solid advice. Especially since I don't like JP.
>>
>>136827268
If you care that much, you can tell her instead of waiting. Maybe your wish will come true.

Afraid to tell her? Send it anonymously like a Tumblr Ask or if she uses that ask.fm.
>>
>>136843762
I don't care that much, since it's a common mistake that anime stylized artists tend to do. I let it off since I think her current work has improved to the point that it doesn't even matter anymore.
>>
>>136843608
Some visual novels he gave low scores to are still loved. There might be some readers swayed by his reviews.

The vast majority of people are smart enough to know what is opinion, personal likes and dislikes.

If your games is on steam, player reviews weight more than opinion from his site.

If your audience likes games in your genre, they will read more than one review before forming their own opinion.

If you still fail, figure out why and try again.
>>
>>136843327
What is the reviewers ARE your fans?
>>
>>136844680
Uploading on Steam seems scary...
That Green Light process...
>>
>>136825459
Someone said she was slow in a previous thread but she's really fast during Nanoreno. Too bad she doesn't draw for bishoujo games anymore.
>>
>>136844959
Then that's great for you.
>>
You think it's hard to compose your own songs as a newbie?
>>
>>136845539
Yes.
>>
Sex game.
>Western style art
>Animu style art
Pick one, but only the best one.
>>
>>136845539
Paying for music doesn't cost that much. Very few people criticize you for using pre-made music. Just choose ones you think no one has heard. The ones from Tam Factory will interfere with the experience because a lot of people heard them before
>>
>>136846192
do we mean western style like detailed semi-realistic painted witchblade stuff, or do we mean western style like spaghetti noodle limbs and ren and stimpy faces, or do we mean western style like tits and tumblr noses?
>>
>>136847010
What's a Tumblr nose?
>>
>>136847010
Western style like Akabur games.
>>
>>136847207
fucked if I know but we're always complaining about them so

i mean, I think it means that the nose is overly round and large and has a red shine on it for no particular reason?
>>
>>136847602
Well, that google image search result was entertaining.

That stuff always says "porn comedy" to me more than actually sexy though.
>>
>>136847983
You can't have comedy and sexy at the same time?
>>
>>136848317
Not really, for me? You can have naked comedy, but if I'm giggling at it as a comedy, I'm not being turned on by it.

When I was a teenager I used to watch a lot of bad softcore porn movies and found them stupidly hilarious but not erotic.

I guess if it's only slightly comedic, a bit saucy and teasing instead of an outright farce, then it can still be sexy. But overall they're very distinct reactions to me.
>>
>>136849020
Akabur makes some of his art to look like say, Disney princesses. Do you have a sudden reaction to laugh whenever you see a Disney princess? What about the sad scenes in Frozen? I get where you're coming from, but I think your reasoning might be off a bit.
>>
>>136849237
>Do you have a sudden reaction to laugh whenever you see a Disney princess?

When I see them naked, yeah, kinda.

I may simply have seen too many shitty porn flash games in my time.
>>
>There are loads of visual novels that I really love from developers like Winter Wolves, Otomate/Idea Factory, Nitroplus, Cyanide Tea, and MoaCube. But I'm pleased to say that Hackers Versus Banksters is completely unlike any of the VNs they've ever released.

why
>>
>>136850298
I'll tell you why

>I say that Hackers Versus Banksters is unlike any other vn on the scene, because I personally loved this game and I have to make my writing exciting somehow by hyping it up and offering you some exclusive piece of news that I hope will entice you to keep reading this review I worked so hard on
>>
>>136850298
Sauce?
>>
>>136850298
Well, none of those developers would ever put their names on something with such little effort put into it.
>>
>>136850298
Yo, I saw this and I call bs on it. You don't just call out a bunch of vn devs that make varying quality of games and compare it to your piece of shit first time vn.
>>
>>136850298
Is this because of Twitter today?
>>
>>136851085
Oh wait that's just the KS page. My bad. I thought someone reviewed it "positively" or something.
>>
>>136851381
what happened on Twitter?
>>
>>136851381
Probably Auro tweeted it and I found it on tumbr.
>>
Holy shit. So I just tried the Starlight Vega demo for the first time today, because yuri isn't really my thing. Something seemed weird about the text to me, but then I realized what it was: I'd read this shit before.

Not even joking, look up a graphic novel called "Amulet" called Kazu Kibuishi. The first book, "The Stonekeeper." The very beginning of that book is the exact same as the start of Starlight Vega. Even some of the lines and dialogue are copies of each other. In both, the main character and her family move to their grandfather's old house because "new things cost money." The grandfathers vanished under mysterious circumstances. They decide to clean the place up because there's so much dust and they don't want to sleep outside. The main character hears a noise and stumbles upon Grandpa's old study. Finds a mysterious book. When they touch it, a crazy powerful stone comes into their life.

Holy shit guys. I'm not even kidding. If I had a working camera I would take pictures of the graphic novel to show you the copied lines.
>>
>>136851359
It's literally true though. Hackers vs Bankers is completely unlike anything ever released by a decent company.
>>
>>136851750
This doesn't surprise me one little bit, especially considering the history of that game.

OTOH probably nobody much cares, either, especially if they phrase it as a 'parody' or 'inspired by'. There's still people who get seriously bent out of shape about kara no shoujo supposedly ripping off some other series but most people don't GAF
>>
>>136851750
Does your phone count as a camera?
>>
>>136850298
Can't we ignore this person. It's like punching down. They're not worth it.
>>
>>136851768
And the creator looked like she self inserted herself into the vn.
>>
>>136852007
i only found it since auro cyanide was ranting on twitter.
>>
>>136852007
I agree. I'm fairly sure this was put in to attract any attention possible, we're better off leaving them in obscurity.
>>
>>136853598
I see... So that was the plan.
>>
>You play a sort of Ugly Americans peacekeeping bureaucrat between humans and monsters and end up banging one of them.

I'm surprised it took someone this long to notice (or at least comment on it).
>>
Did the new patch fixed everything wrong in sunrider ld?
>>
>>136853598
build wall the visual novel
>>
>>136853948
apparently yes and then some
>>
>>136853948
Nothing could fix EVERYTHING.
>>
Should I make a Kickstarter noticeable enough by Sekai so they would pick and fund it?
>>
>>136855235
They don't fund people who aren't their friends.
>>
>>136840834
internet high-five
>>
>>136855235
They'll fund you like they funded Monstrous Lovers and promote you like the rest of the EVNs where the best you can hope for is a tweet.
>>
Would the reception for the new Rising Angels have eben better if it had been sold as 'Early Access', where updates are expected?
>>
>>136856275
i think they should have funded ML.
>>
>>136856286
I doubt it. Early access is a death trap and you still lose that initial release.
>>
>>136856738
>death trap
why?
>>
>>136856945
Because you get the stigma of episodic and the stigma of everyone thinking your game is a buggy mess.
>>
>>136856683
that would require for them to care about evns in the first place.
>>
>>136857183
It seems to have worked out okay for some games.

People put up with Sunrider Academy being unfinished for eons.

Besides, if your game literally is unfinished on release surely it's better to have the reviews of it then marked as Early Access reviews
>>
>>136857596
Sunrider had a massive fanbase and had all the framework from the start. Besides, it isn't like the Rising Angels game had bad reviews. Most people who played it, including /evn/, seemed to like it.

Even if you have the episodes 90% done from the start, episodic is a turnoff.
>>
File: gig.jpg (410KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gig.jpg
410KB, 1920x1080px
Slav master race coming through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXi0-lJI96Q
>>
>>136860253
Anon, you had your shilling moment last thread. Give it a little time before you try again.
>>
Which reminds me, I kinda collaborated with a Slav and I'm rather shocked to read that he has like 300 CGs waiting to be colored...

Are commission rates in Slavland that cheap?
>>
>>136815365
>those character sprites
>and
>those BGs
>and
>that textbox
Their team leader is complete shit. Or do they have excuses ?
>>
>>136861313
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess that it's a nano project
>>
>>136861313
What's wrong with the textbox?
>>
>>136856275
>Sekai Project retweets more stuff about ML than tweets
You'd think they would at least make their own tweets. Right now it looks like they see a tweet on their timeline and then go "Oh yeah we're funding that!" and RT it
>>
>>136861538
That's spaced out question mark anon you are replying to, don't expect an actual critique.
>>
>>136861313
Sprite looks pretty nice to me. Is it stock?
>>
>>136862423
>>136861313
>Don't know OTL
This guy has advertised his VN in quite a few places you know. He wrote the entire story and then went around asking for artists to help. He got some luck and a really nice artist drew all his sprites and CGs for free.
>>
>>136862291
The actual critique is: they don't match together and BGs and UI is complete shit, but that's irrelevant
That's why I blamed TeamLeader.
>>
>>136862608
It's all mismatched from whatever volunteers he could get, so beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>136862608
>UI is complete shit
Please elaborate. I agree with the assets not matching, but the UI doesn't look that bad besides not having quick save and load options.
>>
>>136860359
Well, to be honest, no one's said anything about the song including me
>>
File: socute.png (381KB, 1038x791px) Image search: [Google]
socute.png
381KB, 1038x791px
omg so cute ^_______^
>>
>>136864562
you're cute :3
>>
>>136862153
That's better than ignorign it completely!

Honestly if the writer has a good tweet already RTing has some advantages because it will point followers to that account
>>
>>136862608
Give him a break man. At least he finished his chinese flip book.
>>
File: jiiv11C.jpg (86KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
jiiv11C.jpg
86KB, 800x560px
>>136864562
so cute!
>>
>>136864562
HAHAHAH ALL THOSE NAMES ARE SHUFFLED FROM AKB48 MEMBERS.
>>
>>136864562
That user is literally 11 years old. How do you end up on LSF at 11?
>>
>>136864973
Don't you have to be 13 years old to sign up for email/online message boards or some shit? I remember an old pokemon board I used to frequent banning people who admitted to being under 13 for some reason like this.
>>
>>136865091
I feel like LSF should implement similar rules, if they don't already exist.
>>
>>136864562
>>136864772
This looks fucking hilarious, and based on the "dark comedy" tag it sounds like it's intentional, which is a good sign. Getting a real LLTQ vibe from this one, where you alternate between playing cute dress-up games and striking sinister business deals.
>>
JESUS CHRIST IT'S ANOTHER RUSSIAN PROJECT.
>>
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=29331

NO WONDER IT'S SO FAMILIAR.
>>
>>136865091
COPPA?
https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule
>COPPA imposes certain requirements on operators of websites or online services directed to children under 13 years of age, and on operators of other websites or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information online from a child under 13 years of age.
>>
>>136865546
Where ?
>>
I am deeply rustled.
>>
>>136865546
>>136865631
>http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=29331
>Last Post: Sun Dec 28, 2014
Are you alright ?
>>
>>136867461
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37865

This. Man, the Russians are rolling.
>>
>>136867565
It's written/designed by the same guy. The new thread has the artist posting in behalf of the old poster...
>>
>>136867461
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37865
Russian programmer, at least they got a writer who appears to be a native english speaker which I think is more than you can say for 50% of EVN
>>
>>136836612
normally i dont do this but you've got some problems with your demo

you should play through it again. there are missing sprites and hope's name appears before he is introduced
>>
>>136867747
>Using the same "unreleased" idea
>Bad thing
Why you so salty ?
Looks like previous project was never finished, so they started a new one, just reusing old assets.
>>
>>136867998
It's literally the same project. First thread is from december 2014 in the recruitment forum, saying "pls join my project," the other thread is posted in the WIP forum by the new guy actually saying "other guy has been working on this since 2014, I joined the project in 2015". Sounds like the recruitment thread worked out for him then, as he now has a writer and an artist.
>>
>>136867998
Huh? I'm not even salty anon, I was actually glad to see an old project come to life again.
>>
>>136868325
So why you angry again ?
>>
Nah let's just forget what happened lol.
>>
>>136868978
what happened?
>>
>>136868745
I don't think the project was ever even dead to begin with, devs have probably just been working in secret for the past year+. Shit takes time yo
>>
1h10m bump
>>
does it even matter
>>
>>136875363
shhhh
calm sleepy white bumps matter
>>
>>136875363
#EVNthreadlivesmatter
>>
IfuckinghateeverythingwhydoIkeepgoing
>>
>>136879004
Why not, really?
>>
>>136879004
because you know you can't make a masterpiece on your first/second/third/etc try, but every shitty attempt still moves you closer to the goal, so it's better to trudge along
or maybe it's not and we should just kill ourselves
>>
Super long thread reply on a time budget edition.

>>136861313
It looks good, shut up jealousy master.

>>136862153
The people who sign with them only have themselves to blame. They obviously saw something worthwhile in the deal, or they just didn't believe their project would succeed any other way.

>>136862291
Don't tell him. Now we won't be able to identify him.

>>136862423
Is this the automatic assumption? If a sprite looks good it must be stock or traced?

>>136862608
Here's your reply. I hope you enjoy the attention.

>>136864562
I like it.

>>136864606
No you're cute, baka.

>>136864848
Never end a series of HAHAHA's on an H. What's wrong with you?

>>136864973
The same way you end up on many sites. Google.

>>136865294
That wouldn't keep anyone out. They would just make new accounts and not make the mistake of giving their ages again. That's generally how it goes.

>>136865546
There's a bunch of Russians and they have nothing better to do than be cold and hunt bears. They finally got computers and the Internet, so they can do something that's not hunting bears for the first time in their lives. You should be happy for them, comrade.

>>136868746
4chan is how they vent their anger, or they are very emotional about this issue for some reason.

>>136868978
No one will forget.

>>136875363
It always matters.

>>136875719
Why do they have to be white though?

>>136878091
This anon gets it.

>>136879004
You need to relax.

>>136879257
I started this and I'm going to end it.

>>136879739
Or maybe you should go shove a waffle up your ass.
>>
File: here your reply.jpg (15KB, 234x230px) Image search: [Google]
here your reply.jpg
15KB, 234x230px
>>136880913
>>
>>136881653
Here's yours in return, friend.
>>
Thread of the Dead
>>
>>136836019
Thank you anon.
>>136836348
Haha, I can see why. It is quite the striking resemblance. Laziness is a hell of a drug, and I know how hard it is to battle sometimes. Just keep doing your best, and try not to take it too easy, and progress will come naturally.
I believe in you, anon.
>>
paging mr President
>>
>>136886850
ground control to major tom
>>
What is the VN with the undisputed most amazing character art?
>>
>>136887920
Mahou Shoujou Fuck Off With Your Poor Bait.
>>
>>136887920
Mine :^)
>>
>>136888034
It's not bait asshole. I'm asking so I can see some good art since I don't play VNs myself. How about you go stick your face in some water and leave it there?
>>
>>136887920
>undisputed
>character art

I hope you realize your mistake
>>
File: DakimakuraVincent-600x900.jpg (88KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
DakimakuraVincent-600x900.jpg
88KB, 600x900px
I wasn't planning to print pillowcases for myself because I already have too much shit like this already, but now I really want to.
>>
>>136888971
What are you faggot?
>>
>>136888828
>not bait
>undisputed most amazing character art
Oh, you're right. It's not a bait. It's just blatant shitposting.
>>
>>136888867
>Thinking I am capable of making mistakes
I hope you realize how inadequate you are at life.
>>
>>136889358
If you think it's shitposting, why are you responding to it? Your need to demonstrate your superiority is just enabling them.
>>
>>136889358
>Calls me a shitposter
>Is doing nothing in return but shitposting
Just what kind of point are you trying to make?
My plan is already well underway.
>>
>>136889536
Fuck. Good point.
>>
>>136889696
If you had any brain cells, you would have realized that from the start. How about you spend time answering my question instead of reverse-trolling me, onii-chan?
>>
>>136889221
Fujo
>>
File: DakimakuraBen-600x900.jpg (101KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
DakimakuraBen-600x900.jpg
101KB, 600x900px
>>136889221
I'm not even a proper weeb. All my stuff is from western shows.
>>
>>136890471
I would swap his face and head pose because the first one looks more lewd than the second one.
>>
>>136890471
undisputed best boy
>>
>>136892602
Don't say undisputed here. It triggers people.
>>
>>136892653
Undisputed trigger word.
>>
File: smug_anime_girl (94).jpg (13KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
smug_anime_girl (94).jpg
13KB, 252x276px
>>136892653
What if this is my goal?
>>
Anything positive going on with your projects? Any goals for the week/day?
>>
>>136891094
Vincent enjoys being lewd, Ben is a little more reserved.
>>
>>136895915
Trying to decide if I should pull out a Love Live SIF style card thing on my game, like a new card per relationship level up.
>>
File: prev.jpg (68KB, 765x635px) Image search: [Google]
prev.jpg
68KB, 765x635px
>>136895915
Gutted half the plot, now we only need a fraction of resources planned and while we'll still blow the 'reno timeline, at least it'll hopefully be done in the next month instead of the next decade. It sort of given me back the motivation to finish.
Also writer buddy resurfaced so the other project is possibly back from the dead.
>>
>>136895915
The goal for today is finishing writing so I can start slaving over Python input. Nothing special. I just want to get to the beta-testing stage so I can collect feedback before releasing our first demo.
>>
>>136896985
>765x635
Kool aspect ratio brah
>>
File: screenshot0013.png (676KB, 1184x666px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0013.png
676KB, 1184x666px
Tell me /evn/, should I do away with this kind of presentation and go full-blown icons?
>>
>>136897615
it's a fragment broski
>>
>>136899181
Yeah, icons would be better, I think. Or maybe arrange them on a wheelie wheelio or something.
>>
>>136899775
Thinking of having the MC appear at one side, then a radar chart showing possible (added) values if the player hovers overs a button.
>>
>>136896873
Will you implement gacha too?
>>
>>136899181
The perspective of this room gives me a headache.
>>
Has anyone else played Rising Angels Hope? My playtime counter isn't working. All my other games count my playtime just fine, but that one.
>>
>>136906427
I heard someone else in a previous thread saying this, unless that was you
>>
>>136906660
The Steam overlay says how long my play session lasts, but once I close the game the time doesn't get applied. This is really gonna suck when the Steam cards for it come out.
>>
>>136905075

Yea the coloring is not all bad but the perspective is seriously wrong there.

I'm not an artist myself, so I can't pinpoint exactly how to fix it, but it's really...really messed up.
>>
>>136906427
I guess there's no hope for you
KEK
>>
>>136906965
It might still work if you keep it running?
>>
>>136906427
Mine works just fine. I've seen this issue before with random steam games.
>>
>>136905075
>>136908237
it's not one of them free resources people give out on lemma? I thought I've seen it somewhere.
>>
>>136896985
That looks nice, I like the tree bark.
>>
>>136896985
I love it, more pics please
>>
>>136909365
I wonder how many people would refund a several hour long game if Steam doesn't register more than 20 minutes of your playtime. Luckily I'm not that much of an asshole.

The game hasn't recorded any playtime past the first time I launched it to make sure it worked. Usually if it's a Steam issue, none of the games would be recording time. I'll try Steam's suggested fixes and see if any of them work, if not I'll try reinstalling the game.
>>
>>136910058
What was the easiest way to fix it?
>>
>>136912646
>I wonder how many people would refund a several hour long game if Steam doesn't register more than 20 minutes of your playtime. Luckily I'm not that much of an asshole.
I wonder if you can actually do this. I have games that I've played for 30 hours that only show 30 minutes played because I was playing them offline.
>>
>>136912646
>Usually if it's a Steam issue, none of the games would be recording time.
Steam can be quite weird.

I can't see any logical way that reinstalling the game would help. The main thing I can think of is that I know some renpy games won't mark time correctly on Steam if you run them as administrator because that screws with the permissions of the bits Steam is trying to run to log it?
>>
>>136912783
Dunno, never fixed it.
>>
>>136912646
Nothing in the game itself does the time-logging. By definition, it's a Steam thing.
>>
File: itchio_verx2.png (945KB, 1184x666px) Image search: [Google]
itchio_verx2.png
945KB, 1184x666px
>>
File: CB4peL.png (198KB, 1184x666px)
CB4peL.png
198KB, 1184x666px
>>
>>136888971
>>136890471

I'm just not a fan of this artist's style. Also don't get why people like flabby men bodies but different strokes for different folks I guess.
>>
File: 1404659717495.png (32KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
1404659717495.png
32KB, 178x178px
>>136917478
>flabby
it's called "built with a healthy amount of man-flab, perfect to cuddle next to during cold winter nights"
t b h I'm just a sucker for protective older brother type
>>
>>136917478
>flabby
A bit soft, but not fat, is fun to poke and squish and squeeze.
Of course, I like grabbing boobs too.
>>
File: PyloFNi.png (320KB, 600x587px)
PyloFNi.png
320KB, 600x587px
>>
>>136921290
I like this artist's work on the costume but the face is a letdown
>>
>>136921456
I think the eye position is rather awkward but overall I like it
>>
>>136921290
Outrageous.
>>
>>136921290
it's like one of Barbie's art designers quit the brand to make her own Not!Barbie game.
>>
>>136922890
Secretly my heart longs for a Barbie Unicorn Princess game with a deeper plot and more lesbians.
>>
>>136923237
>Barbie Unicorn Princess
>actually enjoying the fashion nightmare of overkill pink and pastel purple

nigga kill yourself
>>
File: 20737.jpg (104KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20737.jpg
104KB, 800x600px
>>136923901
magic horses
>>
>>136917478
>I'm just not a fan of this artist's style.

Fair enough.

> Also don't get why people like flabby men bodies but different strokes for different folks I guess.

It wouldn't be fun if they all had the same body type. Also, I like bara, but not for my monsters (except maybe orcs or something like that). Barbarians is where big guys with defined muscles are at.
>>
File: rH2Fu+.png (139KB, 347x260px) Image search: [Google]
rH2Fu+.png
139KB, 347x260px
>>
>>136927464
thought this was a nazi vn from the thumbnail

still waiting for an otome game set in nazi germany where you literally date a secret police officer. maybe have the heroine be secretly jewish and in love with a guy tasked with outing secret jews
>>
>>136927605
I'd play it.

(Hope you're ready for negative attention based on premise alone, though.)
>>
>>136927605
I want a Stalag 17 vn where I can date Shapiro
>>
>>136927605
Enjoy getting hot.
>>
>>136927991
allo allo the dating sim?
>>
>>136927605
My Little Kapo Can't Possibly Be This Cute!
>>
>>136927605
>featuring a secret jewish conspiracy route and a true end flying saucer moon voyage route
>>
File: Violet.png (138KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Violet.png
138KB, 400x400px
>>
>>136927605
>tfw Asia's the only place you can get away with blatantly copying SS uniforms or outright using them
>>
What's your favorite kind of character to see in a VN? Like personality or archetype kinda thing. The character that you see and it instantly makes you happy.
>>
How do you guys feel about the typing effect "sounds".

Too annoying in the long run?
>>
>>136932395
Girls with masculine speech patterns, bonus points if they're really cute for the gap moe factor. I don't think this translates very well to EVNs though.
>>
>>136933037
Yeah, I was wondering how you would convey something like that in an EVN where language is largely unisex.
>>
>>136931060
Adorable.
>>
>>136932395
I guess this isn't really a character, but I like girls who like to flirt with and tease their girlfriend, especially if it goes both ways.
>>
>>136932185
What makes you think so?
>>
>>136932395
reverse traps.

They're very very rare. No one likes them as much as regular traps.
>>
>>136934874
They're not that rare. The problem is that their storylines are almost always about wanting to be more girly.
>>
>>136935009
>The problem is that their storylines are almost always about wanting to be more girly.
what is the fucking point of even having a character be a reverse trap then? Jaysus
>>
>>136934874
You mean like Sakura from Danganronpa?
>>
>>136913178
I've never run a game as an administrator before. I may have changed a compatibility setting 'disable scaling at high DPI settings' after I look launched the game the first time.

Steam says that you can try refreshing something to get the playtime counter working again. I'll try that later and hopefully it'll do the trick.
>>
>>136935178
>Hating character development
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>136935179
No, like a cute boy who's a girl.
>>
>>136936089
Sakura was a hot guy who was a girl though. You don't like muscles?

>>136935746
Stop trolling please.
>>
>>136936302
Sakura was a comically extreme musclegirl, not a reverse trap.
>>
Nvidia driver update killed my wacom tablet. Great. I don't need more excuses to not do work.
>>
>>136936302
You stop trolling, dumb frog poster.
>>
>>136936516
Yeah, I guess that's true. Reverse traps really are pretty rare. I'll put one in my game just for you.
>>
>>136935179
>>136936302
problem with Sakura is that she has the face of an old man. I don't mind muscles. I mean, I'm sure she makes a lot of people happy, but most folks aren't into geriatric features like wrinkles.

I'm talking about chicks who look like hot young guys. Bifauxen.

>>136935746
If the game features both a reverse trap getting girlier and a regular trap getting manlier, then I will have a good laugh and enjoy it.
>>
>>136937096
>If the game features both a reverse trap getting girlier and a regular trap getting manlier, then I will have a good laugh and enjoy it.
that pairing is one of my kinks
>>
File: sakura.png (106KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.png
106KB, 480x272px
>>136937096
She looks like a guy in his 20s or 30s. The grey hair must be throwing you off. Also, there are no wrinkles, those are her eyebrows. How dare you say that about my Sakura.
>>
>>136937072
>I'll put one in my game just for you.
just make the game you want for yourself
>>
>>136937735
Like I said before, she's an extreme play on a musclegirl, not a reverse trap. Most muscle girls have cute faces or huge tits to compensate for all the muscle. The DR artist just gave her the face someone with that body would actually have.
>>
>>136938345
My game is going to have many characters in it. Like 50+.
>>
File: tumblr_nfzfmqG56j1tmri77o1_540.png (298KB, 500x777px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfzfmqG56j1tmri77o1_540.png
298KB, 500x777px
>>136937735
they didn't make sakura enough of a trap. Get rid of the long hair and the school girl outfit and make her into a fully fledged "wow that manly man sure is hot, i would never suspect him to have tits and vagina" reverse trap.
>>
>>136939078
dayum. There's a game that will take forever. Carry on then.
>>
So how's your VN coming along, /evn/?
>>
>>136939304
at that point you're more calling a trans man a reverse trap - it's not what most lovers of princely ladies want and might tick off some whiny LGBT sorts while not pleasing anyone except a very, VERY niche fetish

I don't think sakura is intended as any sort of trap at all, just a big burly lady like actual bodybuilder ladies are
>>
>>136939661
Yeah, it will take forever. That's part of the plan though. It's not a normal game that you just play through and you're done. It has a different use.
>>
>>136938523

>Implying the artist didn't just draw a muscular guy in a school girl outfit and say it's a girl as some super funny joke.
>>
>>136939835
I was half joking with my post but honestly I care as much about transmen as trap fans care about transgirls. I mean, if trans people are going to insert themselves into really fetishistic drawings like that then that's their problem.

But you're right about it being a really niche as fuck fetish. That being said, am curious to try out a manly girl/reverse trap game. It'd be interesting at the least.

>I don't think sakura is intended as any sort of trap at all, just a big burly lady like actual bodybuilder ladies are

same.
>>
>>136940598
Chihiro is drawn as a girl and called a guy simply to benefit the mystery involving one of the murders. Yet he is technically a trap. This isn't much different.
>>
>>136941384
except Chihiro wears a dress and most people would mistake him for a girl. Sakura, despite being very masculine, has very visible breasts and sports long hair and a school girl outfit. People will raise eyebrows but they see her as a girl, if not a very manly one, at first sight. Sakura doesn't "trap" people. She doesn't "surprise" people. Therefore, she's not a trap.
>>
C14 is out http://winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
>>
>>136941953
>People will raise eyebrows but they see her as a girl, if not a very manly one, at first sight.

Makoto Voice "No! That's wrong!"

Actually everyone in the first game mistook her for a male when they first met her.
>>
>>136941994
>hearing aid
>prosthetic arm
>fat
Is this Katawa Shounen
>>
>>136945483
They're all pretty old compared to KS. Too old!
>>
>>136905075
You are right though. That's what I get for commissioning a architecture student for 2 USD a piece.
>>
>>136946169
Katawa Seinen, then.
>>
>>136817958
Not EVN but I can't wait for the release and eventual translation of that all yandere otome game that's based off the yandere heaven CDs. As a male yandere fan I've suffered from lack of content.
Lack of content I can read anyway.
>>
>>136932395
loveable nerd dork, especially if he's a love interest and not just in a "well you couldn't get anybody else so I guess I'll confess to you in a pseudo-bad end" way.
>>
>>136939682
Finished another chapter. Not sure if I like how I wrote one of the segments, so I'll go and review it some more.
>>
I accomplished nothing today. Perfect.
>>
File: eschers worst nightmare.png (805KB, 1184x666px) Image search: [Google]
eschers worst nightmare.png
805KB, 1184x666px
>>136948598
This is what you get for ripping off a budding architect with a sense of humor.
>>
>>136954659
Welp, I asked for her rates man, I can't really say I was ripping off.
>>
>>136950812
You mean that game whose site hasn't been updated in 3 years?
And would never get translated anyway?
that's what you get for having a shit fetish
>>
File: chacal_pro_by_d_clua-d9wb121.png (166KB, 411x631px) Image search: [Google]
chacal_pro_by_d_clua-d9wb121.png
166KB, 411x631px
>>
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=36328

yuri.
>>
>>136960394
Why does the one girl look like something out of Fire Emblem?
>>
>>136960780
I don't know mang. Maybe the poster got inspired by it?
>>
>>136960394
>Ella
fat in all the right places. She thick and juicy

>the main protagonist
plz no, wrong kind of fat, do not want

>Godis and Sabrina
they're okay

>DeeDee
she is giving me serious tranny vibes
>>
>>136960394
>girls are cute
>MC is fat and not all that attractive
W H Y
H
Y
>>
>>136962035
so you can self insert
>>
>>136962519
but women don't schlick off like that. We want everybody to be hot. Including our self inserts. That's part of the fantasy.
>>
Well, it is such a sketch. Maybe she'll be redesigned later on.
>>
>>136962804
*just a sketch
>>
>>136960394

>mfw I just realized it's porn
I am not sure if I want to see porn of them.
>>
>-Ella and the main character Olivia are the only lesbian characters, but Olivia is more flexible in a way (if I say more it will be spoilers lol).
>-Sabrina is demisexual so it’s all in the emotional connection.
>-Godis is in my eyes asexual, but she has an extremely high libido in secret.
>-Deedee is bisexual.
>And to answer your second question, yes! Sabrina is trans, and some of the minor characters I haven’t shown yet.

It's full tumblr. Dropped.
>>
>>136963064
same here and I love yuri. Their designs aren't that great even though it's well drawn. I'd only bang Ella, Godis, and Sabrina in that order. MC and DeeDee are crap designs.
>>
>>136960394
>tumblr nose
I have never dropped a game this fast.
>>
>>136963161
>Godis is in my eyes asexual, but she has an extremely high libido in secret.
wut. That doesn't make any sense....

> but Olivia is more flexible in a way
nigga, just call her for what she is. Bisexual.
>>
>>136963389
None of them have red noses.
>>
>>136963161
>but Olivia is more flexible in a way (if I say more it will be spoilers lol).
>Sabrina is trans
If she still has the dick, this could end up hilarious.
>>
>>136963389
>>136963543

yeah, the noses look pretty damn good since it seems to be a trait that plagues most artists nowadays.
>>
page10
>>
>>136967147
Pretty boring night. Not a lot going on in the world of EVNs.
>>
/tvn/ - Tumblr Visual Novels general.
>>
>>136970618
I get 99% of my evn news from tumblr, of course they're all tumblr visual novels.
That's where you get a majority of your english vn players, everyone else is either too good to play anything non-japanese (or korean if they're desperate) or their idea of a visual novel is dangonronpa.
>>
File: 1363521113989.jpg (94KB, 192x256px)
1363521113989.jpg
94KB, 192x256px
>>136955152
>shit fetish
>>
>>136963464
Asexual people can still have a sex drive. Like a person who doesn't want to have sex, but still watches hentai anime.
>>
I figured out the issue with the playtime counter for Rising Angels Hope. I had to exit Steam, go into the Steam folder, right click the steam.exe and run it as an administrator. It's not permanent, so I'll probably have to do this everytime I want it to count my playtime for it, but at least I found a simple and easy fix.
>>
>>136973563

There are different kinds of asexual people, those who have no interest in relationships, and those who have no interest in sex.
>>
>>136974605
>no interest in relationships
That's aromantic.
>>
>>136973870
Weird, but now we have a solution. Send it to the other threads to let them know how to beat them.
>>
>>136973563
If you're asexual, you're not interested in sex period. "I'm too afraid to actually fuck somebody but I love jerking off" isn't a sexuality.
>>
>>136974862
since that's also the guaranteed way to BREAK the playtime counter for many people, it may not be a good idea to paste everywhere
>>
>>136976427
people who identify on the asexual spectrum (I'm not saying it because I agree with it, I'm using their language here) have a wide variety of things they mean by it

Some of them come up with even MORE special terminology to describe in great detail exactly how little and how often they are into sex.

I am not personally interested in attempting to memorise a ten page long listing of all the little subcategories which not everyone using actually agrees on the specifics of each anyway. Simplest way to deal with it is just mark off anyone who uses the term as "not very interested in sex" and don't worry about it in more detail unless you know them well enough to ask for specifics.

Some people find the whole concept of sex disgusting, some people will go along with it if someone else wants to but would never seek it out themselves, etc.
>>
>>136976502
I'm tired and making bad movie references.
>>
>>136976502
I thought running Steam in compatibility mode was the way to break everything.

Steam support even suggests running as admin to fix various issues, and not once does it mention a warning for it having any issues.
>>
>>136976427
What if only 2d characters are appealing to me?
>>
File: Ceu0V15WEAAZqH6.jpg (51KB, 600x568px)
Ceu0V15WEAAZqH6.jpg
51KB, 600x568px
Great news JP, Toko's dad is bisexual, now you have a shot at the man of your dreams.
>>
>>136977140
Then you're whatever sexuality it is that matches the 2D animes you get off to. It's important to remember that traps and futa aren't gay though.
>>
>>136978738
>It's important to remember that traps and futa aren't gay though
Check out this gaylord
>>
>>136978713
>that outfit and no blowjob scenes
no justice in the world
>>
>>136978713
That bulge.
>>
>>136979270
That's the core of the design.
>>
>>136979189
It's a yuri game, even though some people still think that Tao's going to make someone a futa.
>>
>>136979740
is there a rule that no one can be getting cock sucked in the background of a yuri game?
>>
>>136980535
It's a rule of /u/.
>>
>>136980584
/u/ just needs a good dicking
>>
>>136981041
You wouldn't last a day on /u/ with that attitude.
>>
>>136981126
They should be grateful I only want it in the background.
>>
>>136945483
Katawa everyone.

The protagonist is diabetic, the redhead is a psychotic serial killer, the old woman is found to have Alzheimer, the old man is French.

It's so diverse!
>>
>>136963161
>demisexual

Is that really a thing? Does everything need to be labelled?
>>
>>136983587
Yes, but with male or female.
>>
>>136983289
Does it take place at a school for the disabled or does everyone just happen to be defective?
>>
>>136983587
It makes some people feel better to have a word for themselves.
>>
A project about having every newborn amputated a limb (in the name of equality) because there's one amputated person living.
>>
>>136932395
Male tsuns. Or those cool/serious types that are actually huge sweet dorks.
>>
Why is /evn/ so tied to /u/ again?
>>
>>136984210
It takes place at your place.
>>
>>136988616
onee-samas thirst for new games
>>
>>136988616
These threads are mostly women, and half of them are lesbians that skulk around /u/ and think we care what happens there.
>>
>>136988616
No more tied than we are to /v/ or /vn/ or /a/
if only we had more ties to /tg/
>>
>>136989771
Polls say most of us are men. Even if we don't act like it.
>>
>>136990048
We need more ties to /g/, /3/, /i/, and /ic/
>>
>>136990387
Polls can't tell lurkers from posters.
>>
>>136990387
I thought the poll said at least a third chicks?
>>
Anyone want to shit on this before I continue?
I was just kidding, please don't make a grown man cry.

Honestly though, I wish I could draw something and just be happy with it.
>>
File: Shizuko Head.jpg (630KB, 1025x974px) Image search: [Google]
Shizuko Head.jpg
630KB, 1025x974px
>>136991427
Man, of course I accidentally remove the attachment a split second before I post it.
>>
>>136991541
i like the eyebrows!
>>
File: aigasmirk.png (498KB, 671x870px) Image search: [Google]
aigasmirk.png
498KB, 671x870px
>>136991805
I've been kind of experimenting with different eyebrows for each character. I'm not sure if that's going to look weird in the end when they all have different eyebrows, especially when they're related.
I've posted this before, but this is what I mean.
>>
>>136992491
It's refreshing to see other kind of eyebrows than those thin lines anime girls always have!
>>
>>136978738
Not them but I only like 3D girls and 2D boys. Is that multi-dimensional bisexuality?
I think because 2D girls that are drawn sexually are done so in ways that are meant to be attractive to straight dudes and as such hold no power over me.
>>
>>136994379
Whatever the sexuality is that involves reviving conversations to talk about yourself.
>>
>>136994567
Solipsexual?
>>
>>136991541
>>136992491
cute is this vn going to land me in jail?
>>
>>136991541
>>136992491

How about you show something more than a face? Also, did you copy those faces from somewhere? Don't lie to me anon.
>>
>>136998019
reminds me of UAB's sprites, but can't say if it was copied exactly t b h
unless that guy is the bernd who drew for UAB in which case disregard my post
>>
>>137000841
Well, it isn't anything from UAB, but I'm asking because of a few other reasons. I'm not blaming them for anything. Even though the bottom face looks super familiar for some reason.
>>
File: dialogue.webm (759KB, 1202x944px) Image search: [Google]
dialogue.webm
759KB, 1202x944px
Got my VN dialogue system up and running in flash/as3 (doing it in flash since i have animations in it), dialogue box also can be slid down at any time for more visual area.
>>
>>137001663
>doing it in flash since i have 100% CPU LOAD in it
Here, fixed for you.
>>
oy vey
>>
AJ Tilley's next game comes out in 2 weeks!

https://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=169
>>
File: 20160329110847[1].jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160329110847[1].jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>137007805
I dunno if it's just the perspective, but I swear there's something seriously wrong with her face here

Also the rest of the CG looks pretty questionable too, especially the H stuff. Is this the same artist they used in Beach Bounce? You'd think with how much they must make they would be able to step up their game, if only a little.
>>
File: eq6OIZt.png (103KB, 610x87px)
eq6OIZt.png
103KB, 610x87px
>>137007805
It's ok, it has hot anime girls.
>>
>>137005602
Oy gevalt
>>
>>137008278
Her face is way too long.
>>
>>137008278
Face seems fine, the guy's hand though.
>>
It's all so overwhelming.
>>
>>137008278
The face looks weird because it's more or less positioned like a mask. For her face to be there, her body should be on a different axis.

The guy's hand is much more creepy, though.
>>
>>137008278
The guy's hand size also looks kind of small and awkward...
Which is a shame, because I liked the coloring and lightning there.
>>
>>136847836
I always thought tumblr nose was when the nose is much redder and darker than the rest of the face
Usually in a triangle shape, even.
>>
File: tumblr_mdzam2B6aU1qf7yhjo1_500.png (60KB, 483x339px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdzam2B6aU1qf7yhjo1_500.png
60KB, 483x339px
>>137011314
>>
>>137011495
...i used to draw 'tumblr noses' (meaning i colored them rly red) before i even knew they were a thing (i wasn't on tumblr at the time). It's a hard habit to forget but at least my noses aren't nearly as red anymore so I guess I have hope.
>>
>>137013135
Red noses have been around in western art since long before the advent of tumblr. Just 4chan kids and youngsters like to label everything stupidly.
>>
>>137013135
It's pretty cute when there's a reason for the nose to be reddened.
>>
The artist pointed out to me that we could get away with having Sebastian half naked and I just couldn't resist.
>>
>>137013683
You got a chuckle out of me.
>>
>>137013683
>no bulge on the wraps
one job
>>
File: DakimakuraIsaac-600x900.jpg (103KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
DakimakuraIsaac-600x900.jpg
103KB, 600x900px
>>137014129

You are welcome to imagine his dick in whatever size you prefer.
>>
>>137013683
>>137014534
what dimensions are dakis going to be again?
>>
>>137015012
50x150 cm more or less. These are resized because the originals are pretty damn big.
>>
>>137015225
breddy gud, I'm tempted to get one now.
>>
>>136938523
>muscle girls
>huge tits
triggered

like, it's literally impossible naturally, boobs default to bodybuilder pecs
>>
>>137016361
That's an oni, not a human. Oniichan.
>>
>>137015372
Something I hate about otome/BL games is that most merchandise ends up being office stuff like clear files and pens that you can only have so much of, so even outside of money raising reasons I reallt wanted to be able to offer things like these.
>>
>>137016440
anime tiddy mechanics are pretty much universal though
>>
Does anyone know what happened to Rising Angels Fate?
>>
>>137016597
No, nobody cares.
>>
>>137016597
It turned out that only having one writer who works 60+ hr weeks before getting home to write slows down production. Who would have guessed?
>>
>>137016361
>people complaining about realism and anatomy in pictures only made to masturbate to
You're like that kid in middle school that keeps reminding everyone that wrestling is fake.
>>
>MC unseen after introduction sequence on day 1.
>I'm planning to use her sprite on an activity screen.

Should I?
>>
>>137017125
why not
>>
>>137016981
I like muscle girls, I just don't like being distracted by that innacuracy in what little we get. It's the female equivalent of a trap that is literally just a girl drawn with a dong.
>>
Notice how that killed the thread because y'all niggas are guilty as sin of that.
>>
File: screenshot0015.png (756KB, 1184x666px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0015.png
756KB, 1184x666px
>>137017262
>>
File: didsomeonesaytrain.jpg (17KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
didsomeonesaytrain.jpg
17KB, 200x183px
>>137019564
>>
>>137019564
FUDGE NOW THE MC NEEDS A PAJAMA OUTFIT FOR WEEKENDS AND NIGHTS.
>>
>>137019564
I love your art so much. It has this simplistic quality that I seriously appreciate.
>>
>>137016597
what do you mean, wha thappened to it?
>>
Working on art crushes my soul. Some kind anon please give me hope.
>>
>>137022909
No matter how mediocre your art is, you'll have at least one player who can't even do a stick figure and think it's high-level stuff.
>>
>>137022909
Is it for your own project, or are you working for someone else's?
>>
>>137021947
Thanks, anon. I hope the new sprites I commissioned stays faithful to the style.

I still need to do something about the backgrounds though, maybe in ten years.
>>
>>137023124
That just makes me feel bad for them.

I just can't seem to figure it out. I have the most trouble with hair and clothes. No matter what I do they looks bad. I just want to make appealing looking characters! I refuse to copy or cheat though. I would just feel nasty and even worse than using my own terrible art.
>>
>>137023240
It's my own project. No one would ever have me join their team as an artist I'm afraid.
>>
>>137022384
I thought it was supposed to be out already.
>>
>>137023371
How much do they charge? We already have our own artist, but I'm just curious.

>>137023681
Well, just remember that a mediocre product that actually gets finished is better than a promising one that never goes anywhere. Just keep working, don't beat yourself up, and learn from your mistakes and others' feedback. You can and will keep improving if you don't stop.
>>
>>137023771
other question - what happened o Starlight Vega?
>>
>>137023771
>>137016917
>>
>>137023876
Thanks. That makes me feel a little better.
>>
>>137023876
I got my original 8 characters / 7 expressions each from my friend for 30 USD. (Third-world rates, 2013) He'll probably charge higher now since he went pro for a company that pays him 200 USD every 15 days.

My second and current artist charges 25 USD for one pose/one outfit/2 expressions per sprite.
>>
Deciding the boob sizes for my characters is hard.
>>
>>137026273
flat is justice
>>
>>137026273
The shorter they are, the bigger the breasts.
>>
>>137026273
That's the reason sliders were invented
>>
>>137026793
Sliders in a VN? Please anon, I am not a coding genius.

>>137026489
I don't wanna get sent to naughty land.

>>137026496
Interesting. Sounds like a decent plan.
>>
>>137022909
Get to work, bitch. You're worthless unless you're producing. Stop consuming resources and delivering very little. Animals and plants died so you could live. Make the most of it now, you piece of shit.

When you're down in the dumps, sometimes it's easier to dig down to escape than to try to climb back up.
>>
>>137027040
Sliders aren't the hard part, having art to accomodate the differnt settings is
>>
>>137027383
But how would that even work? Every time you meet a new character a breast slider pops up on the screen for them? That would actually be genius, someone should do that.
>>
File: yesthankgod.png (1021KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
yesthankgod.png
1021KB, 1024x576px
On a related note.
>>
>>137028525
oh God yes
sauce please
>>
>>137028927
The slider's not real.
>>
>>137027683
I assume it would be handled on a profiles screen like with the games that let you customise body hair, but you could popup things on first meeting for a more comedic tone
>>
>draw pictures
>can't see own mistakes
>tomorrow comes and it looks bad to you
>i saw this coming
>>
>>137029269
Actually, I was asking for the real game. I just love the art. Sorry I didn't clarify.
>>
>>137030365
Reverse search it next time you lazy cunt.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/386480/
>>
>>137030479
Thx bae. I'll pay you back next time for sure.
>>
>>137030171
such is life
>>
>>137030171
why does this keep on happening, just fuck me
>>
>>137031278
Stop asking for it!
>>
>>137031278
if you come over, I just might
>>
File: jaAPdt.png (916KB, 1182x664px) Image search: [Google]
jaAPdt.png
916KB, 1182x664px
are you not moved?
>>
>>137035231
Is she eating a bloody pad? That's fucking sick.
>>
>>137035598
I think her hand got cut off to make her more moe
>>
>>137036419
that's quite a subdued reaction if her hand really was just cut off
>>
>>137035231
What game is that? Google turned up starlight vega, but looking at the images for it that looks absolutely nothing like any of the other art.
>>
>>137036918
It's Unwonted's Nanoreno game.

https://unwontedstudios.itch.io/wander-no-more
>>
>>137036918
I think that's Unwonted Studios nano project, is it not?
>>
>>137037228
>>137037316

Thanks. Some mistakes with the art, but I really like the aesthetic they went for.
>>
>>137031278
That's how drawing works. Everything looks great until you flip it or let it sit. That's why good pictures take so long: the artist comes back to fix their mistakes when they're no longer blind to them.
>>
Which monster girls are absolutely necessary for a monster gril game?
>>
>>137038595
cocatrix
>>
>>137039293

Cockatrix
Hint: It's futa
>>
>>137039648
this shit writes itself
>>
>>137038595
Slime girl. If you don't have a slime girl in a monster girl game you're dead to me.
>>
>>137039293
>>137039648

I have no clue how to turn one of those things into a monster girl, but maybe. That would take some serious artistic license. Sounds somewhat legit.
>>
>>137040062
Don't worry, I have a slime girl already. I really like the way she's turning out.
>>
>>137038595
Lamia, centaur, and slime. Add the rest to your taste.
>>
>>137038595
As long as they have the monster part very present I welcome any monster grill. My favorite will always be cyclops.

tfw I will never finish my game of my cyclops boy and his QTpie brown girlfriend.
>>
>>137038595
werewolf girl that changes from cute grill to terrifying wolf furry.
>>
>>137040434
Will add those three for sure.

>>137040506
>>137040550
Good ideas. I'd love to add a werewolf, and cyclops is an interesting one. I'm not sure how if I can draw one eye properly without it looking odd though.
>>
>>137041228
Oh, don't add them nose, please! Or if you do, a tiny and simple one.
>>
File: xZUtJXK.jpg (140KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
xZUtJXK.jpg
140KB, 450x600px
>>137041228
>>
>>137043212
>>137044338
Thanks. Made a prototype I'm reasonably pleased with. Also made a centaur. Working on a werewolf already.
>>
got a question for you all

what do you guys think of stories that "have their cake and eat it too"?

By that I mean, stories that attempt to be deep and meaningful but also feature full out butt slapping furious fucking like dogs and rabbits porn?

Been trying to write out character personalities and backstories, but the fact that the vn is in a niche porn category and all the characters are definitely gonna bone makes me think if I should just throw out the drama and go full fantasy fun instead.

I think the only VN that was sort of able to "have cake and eat it" was Saya No Uta, and even still I thought the sex scenes in SNU was sort of dumb and not needed for the story.
>>
>>137044650
A lot of people liked Kara no Shoujo and that was chock-full of unnecessary sex scenes.
>>
>>137044650
For me personally, I would put them into two different categories. If I'm going to play something for the story, I don't care if there's sex. If I'm going to play something to fap to, then added story is just icing on the cake. I think the characters, art and world make the most difference to me. If there's a character I like, and the art is pleasing to me, I'll play through it. I also might skip the text to get to the naughty bits. So if you want people to read your story, make it damn interesting.
>>
>>137044650
Well, I won't play your game it's a slice of life sex simulator. I'm the minority I'm sure though, but that's my thoughts on that.
>>
>>137044862
I like Kara no Shoujo despite the ridiculous, often very out of place, sex scenes.
>>
>>137044862
I like KnS but most of the sex scenes are annoying

Yes, I totally want to finally achieve coitus with a girl of my choice literally right before her brutal murder, that's fine...
Out-of-nowhere sex with a character I don't like and have no option to refuse, that's fine...
Meaningful and emotional revelations about my past leading to the very first onscreen image of my Lost Lenore being mid-blowjob or something, that's not jarring at all...

In some cases the sex-and-then-death kind of works because it adds to the general sense of despair in the plot, but it certailny doesn't make those scenes enjoyable, at least not to me. It's depressing.
>>
>>137044650
They can be great if a good writer's behind them. If you don't mind BL, No Thank You's a recent game that did that well. It's got a bunch of long explicit sex scenes but pretty good drama and story too. Or see euphoria for the same kind of thing. There was also a recent (untranslated) eroge that started out as full on harem hijinks and then genre shifted into something more serious, and that was pretty well received.

So you can have your cake and eat it too, but you'd better be using high quality ingredients.
>>
>>137045214
>>137045927
To clarify, I love Kara no Shoujo. It's my favourite visual novel. But yeah, it's my go-to for this question since it's probably the most egregious example of unnecessary sex scenes in an otherwise fantastic story.
>>
>>137045927
Hahaha I loved that random H scene you get in KNS after the very very tragic flashback though, I didn't expect it at all... It was so weird and out of place with the sad mood it was trying to establish I was like 'Huuuuh?'
I think it actually made me laugh, way to break the immersion there...
>>
I mean, I guess sex happens in real life all the time. It's not alien. Boys and girls, romantic relationships. Sex is probably going to happen. So you could say it's more realistic to have actual sex scenes in a serious game. Just because it has sex scenes, doesn't mean it has to have an undercooked story. That's just how it normally happens, because if you want to make a serious story you don't want to limit your audience to R-18. If you're making fap material, you probably don't care about the story as long as it has plenty of boobs and/or dicks. I think it would be nice to have more well thought out or fleshed out stories in games with lots of sex. Maybe that's just me though.
>>
>>137046859
Still waffling over whether I want to buy Soul Link before Mangagamer pulls it off sale, all the reviews imply that it's full of random sex scenes thrown in that have nothing to do with the plot and are apparently just trying to fill some weird quota.

I mean, if you have character routes, you could always just add more scenes per heroine after you get together and that's not weird because most people have sex more than once in a relationship, but I guess they're afraid you'd have to wait too long in that case so they need to throw more random stuff up-front?
>>
>>137046859
>So you could say it's more realistic to have actual sex scenes in a serious game.

There is a difference between a story that contains sex and a story that portrays sex pornographically. You can do the former without succumbing to the latter.

For example Rain Man (the movie where Dustin Hoffman plays an autistic guy) contains a sex scene, but we don't see any graphic depictions of penises entering vaginas. Hell, we don't even see that much skin, it's mostly in a dimly-lit room, mostly obscured by bed sheets. That scene is clearly about two characters having sex, but it's obviously not intended to titillate or arouse the audience.
>>
>>137049602
You can have pornographic sex in a story at the location when it would logically occur between characters without devolving to the level of "all women wear tops so tight you can see the nipple outlines and routinely trip and fall onto your cock while delivering pizza"

Which is not a thing that should never happen, porn romps are fun, but that level of porn logic is distracting from a serious story
>>
>>137049602
>but it's obviously not intended to titillate or arouse the audience.

They could do that. It depends on what the creators want. If they want to pull an R-18 crowd, they can add the full on sex. If they want to get the people who don't want that kind of game they can do the under the sheets and suddenly it's a new day thing. There are a lot of things to consider, like their source of funding if there is one, etc. I'm an adult and a pervert, so I'd be fine with either. If they're going to have a sex scene I'd rather see the actual scene though. Many people probably think of it as a kind of reward for getting through the game. Random sex scenes for no reason, not sure about. Sounds like they were going for shock factor.
>>
>>137050268
>Sounds like they were going for shock factor
Consider the medium. There is nothing shocking about random sex scenes in VNs.
>>
>>137050446
I guess not if it's an R-18 game.
>>
>>137035231
The art and the UI are almost professional-level, and the music is at least servicable, but the writing is uninspired and awkward as usual. Can you guys rec some really well-written evns? I don't care how hideous the art is at this point.
>>
>>137053973
read a book.
>>
>>137053973
I thought Over the Hills and Far Away was pretty good.
Break Chance Memento was decent.
Cinders was decent - I think the art was better than the writing, though.
Hanakogames stuff is usually good.
CLove's stuff is also pretty good.
I kind of liked Backstage Pass (the voice acting brings it to life a lot) but the sim aspect means you have to do a lot of grinding, and kind of makes it less fun to replay - at least, for me.
>>
>>137053973
Play Cupid if you haven't, the writing's interesting and the game is free.
>>
>>137054368
There's some pretty decent evns out there. Not many, but they do exist. All it takes is for writers who know what they're doing to see the advantages of the medium and use it to its full potential, and something great will be created sooner or later. That is, if the people who make vns actually aim for that. If your attitude is 'well, it's a evn so of course the writing is bad', then of course that's what you're going to end up with.
>>
>>137055234
>All it takes is for writers who know what they're doing to see the advantages of the medium
>advantages of the medium

can you literally just take a movie script or a novel and word for word turn that into a VN?

In video game development, people will argue that you can't make stories in video games the way you do it for movies. You have to really use the interaction as the main way to tell a story. But VNs bypass this being the weird middle man it is.
>>
>>137056778
whoops, mean to to quote
>>137055481
>>
>>137056778
>can you literally just take a movie script or a novel and word for word turn that into a VN?
Not very well, no.

Ignoring the fact that you're completely wasting much of the power of the medium by removing the ability for the reader to make choices and change the direction of the story, the text just isn't formatted for it.

If you drop a movie script in straight, you'll have nothing but dialogue and visual storytelling, and you'll need one hell of an art budget for it to even make sense.

If you drop a novel in straight, you'll probably have way too much exposition and narration dumps that are going to be boring as hell to read in little VN chunks.

You certainly can adapt books and movies into VNs but it takes more than just dumping them straight in.

If you're looking for a test project to experiment with "literary" writing without hiring a writer, I'd suggest trying to adapt a stageplay. The stage directions will give you pointers on implementation and the bare minimum narration, and the limited set/cast will make your art situation much more manageable.
>>
>>137024004
It was delayed until futrher notice.
>>
>>137038595
dragon, vampire, werewolf
>>
>>137056778
The differences are pretty substantial. Movie scripts are written with the power of cameras and actors in mind. A lot of information that backgrounds have difficulty getting across can be easily conveyed through camera motions, angles, focus, etc, and of course actors are much more versitile when it comes to conveying emotions through body language than sprites.

The 'place' of vns as a medium is probably somewhere between a play and a novel with the addition of interactivity. You really have to look at it as its own thing if you want to make the most of it though. For instance, here's something that I noticed when reading Higurashi. R07 uses a shot/reverseshot of backgrounds for conversations, not to convey who's standing where, but who's taking what 'side' of the conversation. It's silly when you think about it, but while you're reading it works. If you just think of it as a play or a novel you would never come up with that kind of thing.
>>
Apparently gamergate got a feminist fired for defending the existence of lolis in hgames. I just can't keep track of who's backstabbing whom on the internet anymore.
>>
>>137058502
>dragon, vampire
It shall be done. Thanks.
>>
>>137061665
Yeah, I saw Twitter explode but I can't find the source.
>>
>>137053973
To be fair I think a lot of JVNs, even ones that are super popular, have pretty sub par writing too. It might be because of translation, but in some cases, I doubt it.

It's just, with JVNs, they have far high production values, so people probably care about insipid/uninteresting writing less when they're treated to an array of really really pretty sprites with multiple poses and outfits, and boatloads of CGs.
>>
>>137061665
Lolis are literally the devil. Getting people thrown in the slammer. Giving people strokes. Hatred for our own fellow humans. If only lolis would grow up or something.
>>
>>137061665
Why would a feminist be defending lolis in hgames?
>>
>>137063169
Some of them are just as freaky as you are (and lurking in this thread)

Many liberal types are anti-censorship. Some are only against THEIR views being censored, of course, but others mean it more generally.
>>
>>137061665
Why would feminists be pro loli? This sounds kind of unreal.

>>137062489
Yeah, I felt that way about F;SN in particular. The production value was high enough to make people completely ignore how bad the writing was, especially during the first 10-15 hours of the game. That first sex scene with saber was just sad. If you want to have a sex scene actually develop your characters relationships until they want to fugg, give them drugs or make them rape eachother or something. 'I need your sperm energy so I can survive' is just about the most contrived excuse ever shoved into a plot for convenience.
>>
>>137063169
I think of myself as a feminist and I don't care about lolis in H games since they're, uh, not real.
>>
>>137063527
I hate to break it to you, but people genuinely think F/SN is well written.
>>
>>137063530
I know it's the hot thing to be right now, but what feminist works have you read anon? You shouldn't subscribe to an ideology unless you know what it's all about.
>>
>>137063530
Take it back.
>>
Did someone say futa vampires? Oh wait, that was me.

Blood isn't the only thing that's going to be sucked.
>>
Menminist is the new hot thing. No one likes females anymore.
>>
>>137063880
But anon, the whole world is filled with ideology! It cannot be escaped!
And so on.
>>
>>137063527
>Why would feminists be pro loli? This sounds kind of unreal.

Where do you think the feminist EVN devs came from? They played the same games you did.

Have you really never heard of all the times there's been a fuss over famous 'feminist' works like that vagina monologue bit extolling the joys of underage sex?
>>
>>137064161
'''Females'''
>>
>>137061665
If you're referring to Alison Rapp, she also said that actual CP shouldn't be considered a crime if you only own images, which regardless of your feelings about it, is terrible PR for Nintendo.
>>
>>137064376
I'm not hip enough to understand where you're going with that.
>>
>>137063880
>I know it's the hot thing to be right now

No it isn't.

>You shouldn't subscribe to an ideology unless you know what it's all about.

Do you expect all Catholics to know every detail about and agree with everything about Mormonism?

Not every feminist is a follower of Andrea Dworkin and Catherine MacKinnon. Many people think they're full of shit.
>>
>>137064210
>extolling the joys of underage sex
Empowering young girls, especially lolis, to be sexually active is irresponsible, not noble or enlightened.
>>
>>137064463
Wasn't she talking about drawn images, rather than photos?
>>
>>137064463
The sensible thing to do is to shut up, accept being fired temporarily, and try to get back in later, like what usually happens when someone is fired for being bad PR.

Making more stink about it makes you that much harder to employ again.
>>
>>137064463

She was talking about art and free expression of artists, not CP
>>
>>137064463
>is terrible PR for Nintendo
That's just hilarious. If you work in a family friendly environment, you can't afford to be controversial.
>>
>>137064678
I'm not arguing for or against it, I'm just saying that it's not a shocking new thing for feminists to be in favor of sex.
>>
>>137064679
Both drawn images and photos were brought up. The former is fine, but the latter isn't something you should be talking about when you're PR of Nintendo of all places.

>>137064728
That'd be reasonable, so she's not going to do that.
>>
>>137064210
I think I saw something like that on /lit/ once... 'children are, by their nature, androgynous creatures' or something like that.

>>137064538
If they actually treat it as an ideology and live by it, sure.
>>
>>137064889
>the latter isn't something you should be talking about when you're PR of Nintendo of all places.
Or anyone else.
>>
>>137064827
Let's be honest here. Most numbskulls have no clue what the difference is, and they don't care to know. If it looks underage and it's sexy, then it's automatically illegal, wrong, immoral. Who in their right mind would defend something like that when it will get you insta-ousted from any social circle you're in and shamed into oblivion. That's one fight that's better being just swept under the rug. You won't convince anyone.
>>
>>137063945

Vampires being good cock suckers is one of my favorite things and more media should use it.
>>
>>137065251
Unless you're on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>137065309
But will you draw me fetish porn where they actually fang the cock?
>>
>>137064910
>children are, by their nature, androgynous creatures

What's the point of even stating that? I mean, of course they're androgynous. They aren't developed yet.
>>
>>137065251
>Who in their right mind would defend something like that when it will get you insta-ousted from any social circle you're in and shamed into oblivion.
The people advocating for MangaGamer to bring over more loli games.

And then sekai project went and picked up THAT title and what were they thinking?
>>
>>137065681
I seriously have no idea what they think is going to happen with Maitetsu. Loli fans want the sex scenes, and people who abhor loli and think it's CP are going to be disgusted when they find out the cute girl game originally involved you fucking the brains out of girls who may as well be 10 years old, and also has sexualized CGs of them.
>>
>>137065681
>The people advocating for MangaGamer to bring over more loli games.

All this is going to do is make it worse. More loli exposure in the west is only going to bring out those rabidly opposed to such things. Letting the Japanese handle it with their sexual fantasy accepting culture is the best road to take.

and yeah, Sekai Project has some balls. To be fair, they're going to censor and cut everything out anyway. The art is still nice, and the production value is high. Even without the lolis.
>>
>>137065681
>And then sekai project went and picked up THAT title and what were they thinking?
Yohjo Simulator or Fucking Lolis on a Train Simulator?
>>
>>137066151
I hope it bombs, since this is just going down a very disturbing road. And I just know someone's going to patch it, which is just going to make the problem even worse. Vns are starting to get more mainstream, them being associated with loli porn isn't going to help.
>>
JP reviewed the Catch Canvas demo.
http://vnsnow.com/a-quick-look-at-catch-canvas-demo/

I actually agree with his point about writing sex scenes for the characters and not the audience.
>>
File: 1433036903308.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433036903308.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>137066742
>I hope it bombs, since this is just going down a very disturbing road.
>>
>>137067209
That's a long ass article. What am I about to get myself into?
>>
Guys my vampire loli character is over 2,000 years old. I swear.
>>
>>137067872
I once got into an argument with someone who argued that that's still technically underage because 2,000 is young for a vampire.
>>
>>137067872

I find it hilarious how it's always a big number like that and not, say, 25.
>>
>>137067697
JP goes over the plot and sex fanservice scenes, and mentions improvements.

Interestingly, JP can do a decent job at writing fanservice. Maybe he should try writing a Sakura game, since they can't get worse at this point.
>>
>>137063851
It's functional, but it's carried by the art and ost big time. Let's not talk about the characterization, but I think people at least agree that F;SN has severe pacing issues. It's probably the result of writers being paid by wordcount and realizing that 'holy shit, I'm never going to get to 1000.000 words at this rate, time to write up some fluff.' It is possible to pace character arcs over an extensive period of time, but this is not the way to do it.
>>
>>137068078
>>137068078

I hope that nigga was arguing that vampires come from Lilith/Cain/some ancient figure because if they come from Dracula then the "oldest" vampire would be 500ish years old at the most.
>>
>>137067872
That makes it okay.

>>137068096
It's more interesting when they've lived past a human lifespan. Plus, it makes them world wise.
>>
>>137068078
Haha. I guess it depends on the world the vampire belongs to.

>>137068096
Overcompensating for definitely not a loli factor. I mean, underage loli. Technically loli is a body type right? Oh god, it's all so controversial!
>>
>>137068367

If it's for characterization purposes? Sure. But here we're are talking about "looks like a loli but actually isn't."
>>
>>137068312
F/SN was written by one guy and it was his project. He was not hired.
>>
>>137067872
People seem to just have accepted that loli is something to be outraged by and forgotten why they're outraged by it in the first place. Why shouldn't you date a 2000 y old loli vampire? I'd assume that its mind is fully developed and it can make its own decisions at that point...
>>
File: Erinyes4.jpg (734KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Erinyes4.jpg
734KB, 800x1131px
>>137068458
>Technically loli is a body type right?
A loli is a character that looks like a young girl regardless of actual age. There are different degrees though. The game Sekai Project licensed to more extreme, than say the lolis Tao draws. The younger they look, the more people will judge you.
>>
>>137067209
>writing sex scenes for the characters and not the audience
i agree but arguably the wrong game to try to make a point about it with a spriteless, nameless, male or female protagonist.

JP looking at fanservice games is the equivalent of someone who hates strip clubs going into a strip club and being disgusted at all the girls constantly taking off their clothes, except he does it every month and blogs about how disgusting the topless girls are.
>>
>>137069056
>The younger they look, the more people will judge you.
THIS

doesn't matter if you say she's a million years old. If it looks like a little girl and sounds like a little girl. It's a little girl you pedo.

You can try and defend freedom of speech with 2D pedoshit, but good fucking luck. Most people in the west won't be there to help you out.
>>
>>137068312
>>137068879
Actually let me clarify because looking at that now it seems like it'd be confusing. It was written by the founder of Type-Moon, not somebody who got hired for the job and needed to worry about word count.
>>
>>137068879
Huh. Alright, I'm stupid. In that case though, I really don't understand what was going through the guys mind when he was writing some of his scenes. Those extensive cooking sections are the most blatant form of fluff I've ever seen.
>>
>>137069056
Is that Ms Fortune at the bottom right?
>>
File: zakuro-mitsukai-jpg.jpg (42KB, 383x700px) Image search: [Google]
zakuro-mitsukai-jpg.jpg
42KB, 383x700px
>>137068458
Loli is 100% a body type. This character is literally nine years old, but you can't call her a loli.
>>
>>137069467
Yeah, totally. Lolis are the devil and I hope everyone who loves them gets assaulted by a milf. They are totally disgusting individuals who should be shamed and blamed into non-existence.

By the way, I have 2 lolis in my game so far. How many more should I add?
>>
>>137070007
You can't fap to her either or think of her in a sexual manner. It's extremely immoral to do so.
>>
>>137070017
make all of them lolis.

Then make them futa with 12 inch cocks.
>>
>>137069617
Who? Catgirl, Death Leopard, is the bottom right.
>>
>>137070286
I like variety, so I don't want too many lolis.
Also, there might be one futa, but I'm not very into them. I know it's popular these days, but it's not my thing really.
>>
>>137070556
make them all futa lolis with 12 inch cocks damn you!

>but I'm not very into them
you're an odd feller aren't you?
>>
>>137069097
>except he does it every month and blogs about how disgusting the topless girls are.
Why does he keep doing it, anyways? Is he one of those petty people who is fueled by hatred? Or is it clickbait?
>>
Past a certain threshold, I have no interest in loli characters. Maitetsu's characters are way too young-looking for my tastes.
>>
>>137070880
Maybe he's just tsundere.
>>
>>137070880
>you're an odd feller aren't you?
Don't criticize me for my fetishes, anon!

>>137070976
Well, monobeno pushed the limits for a lot of people too. What do we call them, ultralolis?
>>
File: 1434090477356.png (284KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434090477356.png
284KB, 500x500px
>>137069572
When writing VNs, one has to properly space out the plot and make a balanced narrative structure. The cooking sections are supposed to be the SoL segments that give the characters a chance to wind down for some antics and even throw in some character development (mainly in HF and Fate) because otherwise, it would just be chu2 fight after chu2 fight.
Nasu had the right idea, but he can't write SoL for shit and it ended up coming off as useless filler most of the time. He's gotten better as a writer in the last decade though and his new stuff doesn't have as much filler. I'd also wager that he has enough money and reputation now to write what he wants instead of conforming to typical VN norms you find everywhere. That's actually the main reason why there were even sex scenes in his old stories at all.

It's not rocket science.
>>
>>137070917
>Or is it clickbait?
People want to see what he'll say about them so they beg him to review those.
>>
>>137071298
They're just lolis.
>>
File: Devon1.png (252KB, 740x800px) Image search: [Google]
Devon1.png
252KB, 740x800px
>>137071825
Some lolis give off the air of maturity. Look at this gothic loli.
>>
>>137069056
Is this a lewd game or not?
>>
>>137071309
tsukihime remake when

Even if it'll take another 10 years for a translation to come out, if ever.

M-maybe if Melty Blood does well on steam they'll consider official english localisations. ;_; Or does Nasu despise us baka gaijins too much to ever do such a thing
>>
>>137072753
It's ecchi, but not ero, which is odd since it has a succubus MC.
>>
>>137064535
I don't know about them, but I've never seen anyone use the word "females" and have anything important to say. Saying "females" makes you sound like one of those weird try-hard people that go on about alphas and betas and shit on twitter.
Then again that's basically what a meninist is, though, so it's at least fitting.
>>
>>137074340
Black people say it all the time for some reason.
>>
>>137072753
It's a heartwarming yuri story of a succubus who really needs to get laid to get stronger. The prologue is on Steam.
>>
>>137074464
Yeah, that's where I first noticed it was a few black girls I follow who were posting screencaps of guys at their schools and workplaces tweeting about "the females" and making fun of it. I think I've heard it once or twice from white dudes IRL, but I honestly think they just picked it up from those tweets like they did with "bae" (b a e if that gets filtered). It's weird, guys are weird. It's like they're trying to be derogatory by calling women "females" but they just sound like scientists who've never been in the same room as a woman.
>>
>>137074340
Male and female are pretty commonly used actually. I'm not sure where you came from, but you seem to have an odd bias against it for some reason. I've never come across this anywhere but this thread, which seems to have fewer 4chan regulars and more females, hey go figure.

Not that I care, but what would those females prefer to be called in your little world? Can't use women, because it has men in it, right? Wouldn't want to trigger anyone. Actually, I don't give a fuck and fuck you.
>>
>>137075213
>Not that I care, but what would those females prefer to be called in your little world? Can't use women, because it has men in it, right? Wouldn't want to trigger anyone. Actually, I don't give a fuck and fuck you.

jesus calm the fuck down

>>137075158
stop. STOP.
>>
>>137075213

> not that I care but I care.

ok.
>>
so how about those picture book games eh?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9nfNlDLII
>>
>>137076029
it's always funny when /evn/ is at its most active when people are discussing anything but actual visual novel stuff
>>
File: Living Room WIP.jpg (1MB, 2095x900px) Image search: [Google]
Living Room WIP.jpg
1MB, 2095x900px
>>136996451
Thanks yes, but at least we'll be in good company. The other three heroines are older.

>>136998019
>>137001528
I loosely referenced some poses from AA, but that's about it. I posted the bottom image a while back, so that could be the reason, or you could have somehow stumbled across what little of my work has been posted online before.
>How about you show something more than a face?
I have a lot of lineart and sketches, but hardly anything colored. I've posted a few sketches, ui mockups and whatnot in the past, but it was recommended by several people that I color them before showing (though I like getting opinions early on so I can work with them before it's too late). Not to mention a lot of the lineart and sketches are lewd and not really something I think I should be handing out before the game is done. I'm working alone and doing/figuring out everything by myself, so my efficiency and progress isn't nearly as great as I'd like it to be.

>>137000841
>can't say if it was copied exactly t b h
>unless that guy is the bernd who drew for UAB
I don't think there's too much of a resemblance, but Fuchur is pretty impressive, so I'll gladly take that as a compliment.
>>
>>137078067
that table seems really high up for a coffee table desu
All the tables I ever had were just high enough that you could kneel and there'd be a few inches between the top of your thigh and the bottom of the table.
>>
new topic:

pick your favorite movie or book

you now have to adapt it into a visual novel. What changes would you make to fit the story in to the medium. Would you make a Tale of Two Cities BL? Perhaps an otome game where Mr. Darcy is your only option?

>Movie
Fight Club. Where you play as Jack the Narrator and you can choose between either Tyler or Marla as your romance interests. Tyler's route consists of you blowing shit up until Tyler's dream comes true. Marla's route has you leaving the anarchist cult of Tyler, bad end gets your balls chopped.

>Book
Life of Pi visual novel which is essentially "Choose between choices that instantly kill your character or prolongs his life". Decide to leave Richard Parker the Tiger alone, stay on your half of the lifeboat, and hope he doesn't maul you? Nope, Richard Parker, desperate in his hunger decides to eat you as his last meal. Offer Richard Parker half of your sea turtle? You live... for now. Once you figure out which choices doesn't kill you, the ending is pretty linear. Ultimately ends up with you getting heartbroken by Richard Parker's lack of fucks for any kind of relationship you imagined you had.
>>
>>137078645
There's actually already an otome game where you date Jane Austen characters.
I'm pretty sure it was one of my first EVNs and definitely the first EVN I downloaded illegally.
>>
>>137078415
Coffee tables normally reach about the cushion area on the couch for maximum reach-ability. You wouldn't want it to be too low, or you couldn't grab your remote/coffee off of it. So while it is a tad taller than normal, it's actually pretty average. The girl does look tiny in comparison though. So you're probably comparing the table to the girl and not the rest of the furniture. I'm guessing the creator just stuck the sprite in there as a placeholder or example.
>>
>>137078415
You just got me to go out and kneel under my own coffee table. Though mine managed over half a foot of clearance.
I think it's because the top of the table here is really slim and comparing its height with the only character in the room (who is just a little over half the height of the two oldest characters), it makes it look bigger than it should be. If it looks wonky anyway, I can try and smoosh it to about the same height as the couches.

>The girl does look tiny in comparison though
She is a placeholder, but I did try to match her size with how big I thought she should be at that location. She's supposed to be tiny, but maybe she's too tiny there?
>>
>>137080683
>>137079119
Meant that second part for this post.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>137067872
And my little sister is 10
>>
File: 72348.jpg (152KB, 800x600px)
72348.jpg
152KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 72349.jpg (147KB, 800x600px)
72349.jpg
147KB, 800x600px
>>137083485
>>
>>137082783
Real girls are nasty.
>>
Anybody else see what the game formerly known as Kendo Crush is like nowadays?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396650/
>>
>>137078645
I'm doing a book adaptation at the moment. Splitting off into character-specific optional scenes and routes was the easy part; the groundwork was laid already, I only had to flesh out their backgrounds a bit more and give them more things to do. None of them was a 100% undeniable canon romance option in the original, so the problem that sometimes comes up where one choice is 'obviously right' isn't really an issue.

However, the main plot and overarching themes requires that the story ends the same way regardless of what route you are on, which may end up disappointing players who go for 100% completion.
>>
>>137088001
My little sister character
Real sisters are terrible
>>
>>137088627
>My little sister character
What's your game?
>>
>>137089247

>>136991541
>>136992491
>>137078067
>>
>>137088091
>we want the sunrider fanbase!
>>
>>137028525
Is this a EVN?
>>
I started playing An Octave Higher, and I'm starting to think it's Communist revolution the vn.
>>
>>137090295
Have you thought about making a normal VN instead of an erotic one? You won't be able to sell it on steam, and most people probably won't accept such young characters. I'm not sure you'd be able to monetize something like that. What are your thoughts about that? Are you fine releasing it for free and never making a profit?
>>
>>137091783
>most people probably won't accept such young characters
Where the hell do you think you are?
>>
>>137070917
That's the best way to get people to read his articles.
>>
>>137092026
I know where I am. In a thread with about 10 people in it. Half of which probably like loli. If they're going to keep it in this thread and not release it anywhere else that's one thing. The wide open Internet is a different place entirely though.
>>
>>137093013
I meant the website. You know, the one that loved UAB, which is arguably worse than standard loli porn. I'm getting the feeling you don't like loli and want to discourage him from making it.
>>
>>137092026
In a thread full of folks who think sekai project shouldn't have gone full loli?
>>
>>137093238
But Sekai didn't go full loli. That's the whole problem.
>>
>>137093232
I'm asking a serious question for big boys and girls. Just because you don't understand why it's important doesn't mean I'm trying to "discourage" them from making it. I'm just curious what their thoughts on the matter are.

Releasing anything solely on 4chan never helped anyone, ever.
>>
>>137093406
Well, it's either that or they didn't take it on at all. I'm sure people will buy it anyway. Commercial games will never have lolicon R-18 scenes in the west. It simply isn't worth the risk.
>>
>>137093565
I just find it odd that several people have posted progress and talked about nukige they're making without a peep, and suddenly a guy making a loli game comes along, which has as big an audience as the other niches, and you're concerned about it.
>>
File: 87092.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
87092.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
>>137093763
>Commercial games will never have lolicon R-18 scenes in the west.
>>
>>137093763
>. Commercial games will never have lolicon R-18 scenes in the west
Isn't MG selling several games with loli romance/sex options where all they did was remove the ages?
>>
>>137093791
>which has as big an audience as the other niches, and you're concerned about it.

That's up for debate. If there's a nudey game with adults in it, it can get support since it's widely accepted. Loli games do not have that same level of support. It's not my opinion, it's fact. Feel free to dissprove me and point me to all the lolicon games on Patreon, or anywhere else. I don't think I need to post links to the non-loli adult games on Patreon that are making good money because they're everywhere. Go check out the WEG thread on /aco/. A huge list of supported games. 0 of them loli. If this was some weird niche fetish, I'd be asking the same question, so stop acting like I'm vilifying everything you stand for by asking him about his loli game.
>>
>>137094096
That's not a true loli. dream world and she was really a grown woman who looked the same as when she was younger.
>>
>>137094849
next you're gonig to tell me you believe the "not blood related" and "definitely over 18" handwaves
>>
>>137094096
>>137094213

That's fine, but you have to realize that MangaGamer is a Japanese company. That's like saying English DLSite is a western company. It's a Japanese run English language middleman service for digital goods. Also, I don't know about their stipulations for which goods they endorse, but I'm assuming they don't take amateur EVN projects. DLsite english is an alright choice, I guess, but that won't really earn you any decent money.
>>
>>137094213
all their games say the characters are 18+
>>
>>137094416
>Feel free to dissprove me and point me to all the lolicon games on Patreon
Wouldn't the many lolicon artists on patreon prove there's money in it?

And the WEG thread barely has thirty games in there.
>>
>>137094965
It's part of the plot. She really is a grown woman with a complex about her appearance.
>>
File: 91779.jpg (189KB, 1350x900px)
91779.jpg
189KB, 1350x900px
>>137094416
I'll point you to a recent one that sold a huge amount. You need to look at Japanese games, because western devs are often too scared or uptight to touch it. Also, loli is banned on all boards aside from /b/.

>>137094849
Loli is a body type m8.
>>
>>137095004
Just as a follow up to that, there's only ONE english made game on MangaGamer, and it's HuniePop. So don't expect to sell there.
>>
>>137095004
>but I'm assuming they don't take amateur EVN projects.

They have AJTilley's shit on there, along with Huniepop, so I don't think it matters. I don't know if they'd take an EVN loli game, but I don't think anyone has ever asked them. I planned on doing so for my own totally 18+ loli nukige.
>>
>>137091783
>>137094416
I'm not making this with the intent of turning a profit or gathering a following. I'm making it because I LOVE hentai WAY too much and I've seen so much of it that I've wanted to try creating something that really caters to my tastes for years. It's for that sort of pathetically shameless reason.

As far as money is concerned, I might try to turn to patreon, if there's enough interest to justify doing so, as I'd want to be able to afford help and make it the best it can be. Especially if I find myself really struggling or want to include things that are well beyond my abilities as I definitely don't have the funds now to be able to dig myself out of that.
I don't really intend to keep everything in here, I plan on making a blog and whatnot when I feel I have an ample amount of material and maybe even a demo. That's still a ways away though.

>most people probably won't accept such young characters
Honestly, I probably have way more to worry about than just young characters considering my tastes. That said, those two are the only lolis (though the main could be considered a shota as he's not much older). I have lineart and sketches of the other three older heriones, but I haven't started coloring them yet.
>>
>>137095293
There's all of AJ Tilley's games and The Menagerie from Lupiesoft. Winged Cloud had some games on there too, until their falling out.
>>
>>137095127
Link some, I'd love to see them.

>>137095180
Good god, that game has some of the most inconsistent art I've ever seen in my life.

Japanese games sell well because of their society. That's taking the original discussion and throwing it out the window though, because I'm asking about an English dev who lives and is presumably interested in releasing to an English community, or at least a western community. If he were Japanese, he'd fit right in, but that's not the topic.

Also, I think that game is Korean.
>>
>>137095293
They're releasing club life soon.
>>
>>137095770
>Also, I think that game is Korean.
No, it's Japanese. And a lot of English fans bought it.
>>
File: me contemplating.jpg (51KB, 620x467px) Image search: [Google]
me contemplating.jpg
51KB, 620x467px
I'm looking for an EVN with a cast made up of entirely qt demon girl traps.

Does such a thing exist?
>>
>>137095180
>silly looking eyes
>loli with grotesque burns all over her body
>depressing art
>VN
>sold almost 40,000 copies

someone explain this.
>>
>>137096896
What game is it?
>>
>>137097058
Teaching Feeling.

Protip: if a filename is a short string of numbers, google them + "screenshot vndb".
>>
>>137096896
I believe she is a sex slave or something, I've only heard rumors.
>>
>>137095770
https://www.patreon.com/BORNTODIE
https://www.patreon.com/pocketclub
https://www.patreon.com/shindol
There's three. The first one deals in loli art almost exclusively. The other two do it on and off.

>Also, I think that game is Korean.
It's not and it sold enough in English for the JP dev to actually thank the overseas fans multiple times.
>>
File: 15004.jpg (190KB, 1024x768px)
15004.jpg
190KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 18127.jpg (116KB, 800x600px)
18127.jpg
116KB, 800x600px
>>
>>137096894
Nope.
>>
>>137101385
The glare on the buttons next to the options when there's no glare anywhere else on the UI and the fact that they are ever-so-slightly off center from the text itself are both triggering me.

I like the mini drills and the tiny portrait though
>>
File: 93920.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
93920.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>137108728
STOP
>>
>>137108931
Must be for the consent porn
>>
File: 1342204710728.jpg (143KB, 678x1066px)
1342204710728.jpg
143KB, 678x1066px
>>137108728

Make her peg him.
>>
Is going full NVL in this day and age a mistake?
>>
>>137062489
90% of the 'bad writing' in JVNs comes from translators who have absolutely 0 skill when it comes to actually writing. Fate/stay night isn't exactly an example of great prose, but it's nowhere near as bad as the English patch represents it.
>>
>>137111351
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>137111776
Kill yourself, EOP
>>
>>137111351
I was always curious about how well suited Japanese was for literature.
I'm not well-versed in the language but from what I know I imagined that it was a lot more limited than English.
>>
>>137111939
It's hard to compare, since the number of seasoned literature academics who are deeply fluent in multiple languages is low.

Sparse works can still be beautiful, and meaning can be layered in Japanese in ways that just don't translate, so there are plenty of ways to make great works. The cultural isolation of Japan through so much of history, though, probably limits how much the rest of the world appreciates Japanese classics or forms.
>>
live
>>
>>137111776
breh, the translator himself would tell you that.
>>
>>137111351
>90% of the 'bad writing' in JVNs comes from translators who have absolutely 0 skill when it comes to actually writing.
This is at least somewhat true, we can't entirely judge the quality of the Japanese from the badly-translated version.

On the other hand, this leads some people to assume that the original must be awesome precisely because they can't directly experience it, and to build it up on a pedestal in their minds. There's pretty much nothing you can do to convince these people that the platonic ideal text in their minds doesn't really exist and the plot was full of holes in Japanese too.
>>
>>137111351
hahaha yeah loads of people say this but I don't buy it - I don't care how bad a translator is, they'd never be able to somehow spin a million words of dull and ploddingly paced slice of life from something like Clannad.

I mean, it's true some nuances in the writing are going to get lost, and in most cases the original probably is far better, but even JVNs with good TLs (like Grisaia) are let down because of glacial pacing and really stupid plot points, which isn't something that a translation can mess up. All those elements must have been in the original, too.
>>
>>137097276
Living the dream.
>>
Someone tried to break into my apartement today. If I ge killed by a hobo junkie, make a VN with both anime tiddies and involved plot for me, comrades.
>>
File: Gio.png (407KB, 583x741px)
Gio.png
407KB, 583x741px
>>136939682
I updated the graphics for the MC, he looks dryer now.
>>
>>137108728
Tbh I'm not found of the whole consent thing but I somewhat liked this one
At least it was sexier than the boring shit on CDC last year baka
>>
>>137121905
I don't think sexy is what CDC was going for anyways
>>
>>137121446
Be safe, bro.
>>
>>137116207
>>137116485
I was referring specifically to prose, which is one of the biggest things people bash JVNs for and the main thing that gets lost in translation with translators who are, at best, amateur level writers. I can't really refute what you guys say about pacing, glorious yamato worship or whatever.
>>
>>137125278
>and the main thing that gets lost in translation with translators who are,
How do you know what the quality of the prose is if you're an EOP?
>>
>>137127864
Don't burst his little weeb bubble. Let him live the dream.
>>
>>137121905
>not found of the whole consent thing

What are you, some kind of rapist?
>>
>>137127864
>>137129363
Stop projecting, cucks.
>>
>>137129498
Nah, anon
I just don't really like when sex scenes keep getting interrupted by 'is this okay? can we go on? are you fine?' every three seconds, I guess
>>
>>137129850
Yeah, I think it would be better if that stop card was less attention grabbing.
>>
Dang. I want to make an erotic VN, but I also want dodger to play my VN, and I want it to have an awesome story. Maybe even sell it on Steam, and start a following of non-perverts. Yet I am a super pervert and want to make a sex game. Why can't we have all the nice things? I'm so conflicted.
>>
>>137130969
Anon, I know the feel.
I'm making a porn game and thinking 'damn I really wanted to put this on steam but if I cut the sex scenes it won't be half as fun'
Besides, cutting out stuff you worked hard on (no pun intended) is such a bummer
>>
>>137130969
maka a VN about midgets sold into sex slavery
>>
>download vn made in tyrano builder
>main girl is invisible
excellent
>>
>>137132871
no one should ever spend time or money on a VN made in tyranoshit anyway
>>
Anyone here working with live2D recently? Been trying to learn how it works.
>>
>>137130969
Insert sex scenes and the option to toggle them on/off.
>>
>>137133607
I'm not sure but I don't think that it could be uploaded to steam even if it had toggable sex scenes.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please
>>
>>137133041
>40,000 people bought it
>around 6,000 people bought panzermadels

They're selling though.
>>
>>137133809
You're not wrong. Steam is an all ages platform with no adult option. Which is unfortunate, because many gamers are actually... Ya know, adults. Being treated like a kid because they can't find a creative way to separate adult and non-adult games is a bit annoying. I mean, they nearly have a monopoly on the game market. If you can't put your game on Steam, you're basically a third class citizen.
>>
What should the word count be for a game with three routes, with each route spanning four hours and having three (fairly short) playable endings?
>>
How2makeLSFthreadforyourgame?
>>
>>137136245
80-100k
>>
>>137136245
depends on if / how long it takes for the routes to branch

off the cuff, I'd say something like 100k if the route split is halfway through a four hour playtime, for a total of eight hours of playtime. If you meant that each separate route takes four hours, then it's probably closer to 150k for a twelve hour playtime
>>
>>137136245
>Average readers are the majority and only reach around 200 wpm
let's make that 150 wpm because maybe they take their time to look at the pictures too
>4 hours at 150 wpm = 36 000
>36 000 x 4 = 144 000
>>
>>137121446
I'll make kinetic novel about you getting killed by a anime tiddie hobo junkie. That's the best I can offer you.
>>
>>137121446
2nd Amendment if your American?
>>
>>137139909
i detest guns but if that's what it takes to protect my wife's son, well...
>>
>>137140704
911 might take too long bruh, unless you have safe room where you can just lock yourselves up until help arrives.
>>
>>137141091
i have a shed but it locks from the outside unfortunately
>>
>>137141178
Do it anyways, they'd never think you'd lock yourself in a shed. Their assumptions of your sanity are their greatest weakness, you'll show them all, Anon.
>>
>>137137431
>>137137681
>>137139403
This is actually less than I expected, thanks for the info guys.
>>
>>137142346
It's still a lot of words senpai.
I believe in you though.
>>
>>137141178
Hmm, /k/ might want to help you. Inb4 fighting over .45 or 9mm for self-defense.
>>
>>137143670
He's memeing about being a cuck with a shed for when his wife's boyfriend comes over. The original poster might be saying the truth, though.
>>
>>137130140
I think it'd be cute if instead of an actual in game button they just mapped it to the escape key during the scene. Hopefully that'd be far enough from everything else that they wouldn't accidentally hit escape when they didn't mean to.
>>
>>137152157
I like your idea. How would people know how to stop the scenes, though?
An explanation about the esc key before the scene starts is kind of anti climatic,

I don't know, I always try to think 'okay if the person playing my game is really stupid, will they still know how it works?'
>>
>>137137179
Use existing threads as reference. Don't go overboard with tl;dr but showcase everything you've got so far.
>>
>>137154309
I think you can get away with shortcut explanations right at the start of the game.
>>
>>137127864
Even if your knowledge of Japanese is nonexistent you can tell when an English sentence is straight-up bad ENGLISH. If you have a tiny bit of japanese knowledge on top of that, enough to put a few words into a translation tool and know that the grammar ordering is not the same, you can tell that the terrible english is not what the equivalent experience of reading the Japanese sentence would be, even if you have no idea how to translate it in a way that would be correct.
>>
File: tumblr_o400ahcCnT1suhelbo1_540.png (180KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o400ahcCnT1suhelbo1_540.png
180KB, 540x304px
>>
I just watched Groundhog day for the first time and now I'm really tempted to plan a vn using the same 'living the same day over and over again' trick. You're stuck in a seemingly normal day until you've started the game/day over again enough times, chosen all the correct choices, romanced all the dudes and start to see the big picture & thing that's causing everything.
>>
>>137164384

So... Shira Oka: Second Chances?
>>
>>137164384
Don't you think Groundhog Day is kind of bizarre, in that it seemingly takes the MC hundreds, or maybe thousands, of iterations of the same day until it occurs to him to try and be nice to people?
>>
>>137168060
It's a miracle it ever occurred to him at all. People are dicks, it's in our nature
>>
>>137164384
It's kind of been done, as it's an idea that lends itself too obviously to tricky VN gameplay.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't if you have a really great idea, but if you're just starting with "something like groundhog day" you may end up treading over old ground.
>>
>>137164384
Groundhog no naku koro ni
>>
>anons with a 'its been done before so you can't do it' mentality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDuMp2kDxos
>>
File: 1459404905973.jpg (6KB, 174x134px) Image search: [Google]
1459404905973.jpg
6KB, 174x134px
>>137170157
>anons with a "let's invest time and money into something that has been done countless times and achieved enough success years before but remained culturally relevant enough to make sure people won't even give you the time of the day because nothing can possibly go wrong" mentality
>>
>>137169851
I laughed more than I should have
>>
>>137169851

You just need dying lolis and a pedophile character.
>>
>>137170157
>>anons with a 'its been done before so you can't do it' mentality
>which is exactly the opposite of what they actually said but since when have facts ever stopped me
>>
>>137170545
>investing money
>implying my idea isn't the greatest thing in evn ever and everyone will want to jump the bandwagon
>>
next thread topic - same old shit all over again?
>>
Can I skip Muv Luv Extra and just read Alternative.
>>
>>137178054
Wrong thread, you want /vn/ and this is /evn/, but no.

Extra sucks but it's worth it for the payoff in Unlimited and later Alternative. All of Takeru's character development relies on Extra/Unltd
>>
File: 1434341331749.jpg (88KB, 725x474px)
1434341331749.jpg
88KB, 725x474px
>>137176882
Eternal groundhog loop edition
>>
Reminder that "it gets better" is never an okay reason to sit through hours and hours of garbage.
>>
>>137178751
accidentally the wrong image
>>
>>137178970
I like the previous one instead.
Imagine this like that - Groundhog day TF2 or Dota or LoL edition. Playing the same game, the same maps, with the same people over and over again. The days are on an endless loop, everything is always the same.
Almost like.. Real life.
>>
>>137178779
Cut to the chase scenes.
>>
File: 7Ckx0VP.png (163KB, 600x449px)
7Ckx0VP.png
163KB, 600x449px
>>
>>137180974
What kind of office lets people walk around topless?
>>
>>137164836
Majora's Mask, the visual novel.
>>
>>137182102
An office with poor air conditioning?
>>
So, next topic?
>>
>>137184798
English Visual Novels.
>>
If no one makes a thread within 3 minutes I'm going to make one myself, and you aren't going to like anything about it.
>>
>>137185829
As long as it's not about Homestuck.
>>
>>137186509

There's the new thread. Feel free to migrate whenever you feel like it. Lazy scum.
>>
>>137168060
Who wouldn't use that time to do all act on all the depraved fantasies they would normally be busted for?
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.