[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 765
Thread images: 180

File: 1458496489901.png (1001KB, 1906x837px) Image search: [Google]
1458496489901.png
1001KB, 1906x837px
Infra Arcana 18.1 released
https://sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/

New Angband Competition(Rune-Based ID test branch)
http://angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/exGzfx2D

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
http://roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

Last thread
>>135716995
>>
File: 1458417389759.png (6KB, 244x183px) Image search: [Google]
1458417389759.png
6KB, 244x183px
ded thred ded general hail satan and spelunky
>>
I suggest renaming this general to /rlg/ - rougelite general in order to increase posters.

We can let roguelites be discussed along roguelikes in order to bring in new people.
>>
>>135974937
Suggestion rejected, sorry.
>>
>>135975082
Well enjoy your thread dying, the Reddit Army could have saved you..
>>
I really enjoy DCSS and want to try out a new roguelike, whats a good roguelike that is like it?
Or is there one that is different and even better?
>>
>>135978140
>good roguelike that is like it
>different and even better
LINLEY'S DUNGEON CRAWL
>>
>>135978140
Angband or Dynahack.
>>
>>135978140
DOOMRL
Infra Arcana, IA might be a bit 2hard though
>>
Any news on cracked steam version of Adom?
>>
>>135979103
>go to KAT
>search up Ancient Domains of Mystery
>see if there's a torrent
That's the most news you'll get on it.
>>
Guys, seriously now
>>
>>135981954
Seriously what?
>>
>>135979103
>pirate ADOM
>yeah it's pretty okay I guess
>ascend with a dwarf healer and slowly lose interest
>delete the game and forget about it
>wake up one night to a Krieghoff shotgun pressed against my mouth
>look up to see Thomas Biskup standing naked over my bed
>"You forgot to send a postcard."
>>
These new IA change are great, but can we also reduce the chance of getting rekt by snakes ambushing you out of thin air?
>>
>making a new thread
lmao
>>
>>135982508
What class are you playing that you are having trouble with the snake ambushes?

I like them, even though I've gotten fucked by them a couple times.
>>
File: what do.png (421KB, 1903x1123px) Image search: [Google]
what do.png
421KB, 1903x1123px
What should I use the scrolls of enchantment on?

The ring of transference, the teleportation charm or the rapier?
>>
>>135987261
Definitely not the rapier, it slays 100% of the time regardless of enchantment.

Supposedly a highly enchanted teleport charm is a game winning item but I've never tried it.
>>
>>135988381
well he needs a weapon for general hitdudes not just for abomination slaying
>>
>>135988381
>>135987261
The charm, when fully enchanted gets you an at-will teleport, which is incredibly useful.
>>
>>135987261
I'd go with the charm or the ring.

A weapon of slaying doesn't need to be beyond +0 to be useful since it's guaranteed to hit that it slays 100% of the time. I suggest finding a new main weapon and keeping the rapier around. The +3 it has could be useful if you find a commutation altar.
>>
File: SHIIIIIT.png (292KB, 1904x1126px) Image search: [Google]
SHIIIIIT.png
292KB, 1904x1126px
Well fuck, I died because a goblin stepped on a paralysis trap and the summoned blades cut me up while I was taking a nap.

I should've just used the teleportation charm as soon as he stepped on the trap.
>>
>>
>>135982207
I'd send a postcard though biskup's mailslot if you know what I mean
no I wouldn't
he's ugly as hell
>>
>>135990296
we need a new tourney.
LOIE challenge?
>>
File: Cranial_Archive.jpg (246KB, 819x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cranial_Archive.jpg
246KB, 819x600px
>Tfw Yred passes you a note in the dungeon when Papa Kiku ain't watchin'
>>
So, how do you guys usually manage your skills based on background, race, mid/end game build, situation, and so on in DCSS?

I feel like I'm either spreading them out too thin or hard focusing too much and forgetting things like evocation, shields, and dodge.
>>
>>135998127
I usually focus offense -> defense -> offense (until you have enough, know when you have enough) -> focus dat defense more -> THIS IS WHEN YOU SPLASH OTHER SKILLS.

Example with a kobold melee dude:
Start -> LB 8 -> Fighting 5 -> LB 10 -> Fighting 8 -> LB 12 -> Fighting 10 -> Dodging 4 -> Armor 4 -> Shields 4 -> LB 16 -> Dodging 10 -> Fighting 15 -> Splash dem other skills like stealth, evocations or take some spell levels.

Now lets make this a kobold melee dude of PAKELLAS. Its mostly the same, we take that same core and cut down on other investments. You can actually 15 rune with only the bare minimum of a weapon skill, so it isn't that bad.

Start -> LB 8 -> Fighting 5 -> LB 12 -> Evocations 5 -> Dodging 4 -> Armor 4 -> Shields 4 -> LB 16 -> Dodging 10 -> Fighting 10 -> Evocations 20 or until you need exp in other shit.

For a little reference, early game for these builds will end at around the LB 10-12 mark, Lair will end around the point you start investing Fighting to not die. Obviously, this is just an example and you want to change how you invest on the fly since certain things will change what you want.
>>
>>135999231
I don't agree with this, but that isn't the point.

See, here's the one weird trick crawl devs don't want you to know: you can basically skill every character the same once you find something that works for you.

So die a lot, and when you eventually win you'll quickly know how to win everything else.
>>
Who are the best card-slingers? Stealthy or beefyx dudes?
I've wanted to try a "pure" evo Nemelex char for the longest time, but it seems quite difficult to pull off.
>>
>>135999553
That is the other thing. Once you learn how to skill a melee guy, you know where you can skimp based on what items you have and where you can invest to get extra power in other areas. The sad truth is you can essentially build every character the same for most backrounds. For those builds where you can't do that, you scoot by on the seat of your pants by being tacticool or let something carry you until your offenses come online. That build is how I skill most of my melee characters, though in that example its very simplified and you don't get to adapt it to your gear. If we took it to its natural conclusion, you'd have a dex based character with a double sword/shield wearing a FDA/IDA that can cast haste/silence/blink/Dmissile. Literally everytime that I'm able, barring items that change the build. Mages follow a different start, but often start to look like this melee build towards the ass end of the midgame. Crawl is all about learning a playstyle that suits you and knowing how to build it when the pieces are all mixed up. It gets even easier if you do UC melee, since you're guaranteed every item you need to make it work.
>>
>>135990545
I like this idea. LOIE. No melee of any kind, no evokables, no scrolls - pretend you're always highest temperature - just spells, fighting, and the like.
>>
Jesus fuck. Stop being dead.
>>
>>135999912
spriggan is the best at everything that doesn't involve a hunger cost

Unfortunately they won't be able to make too much use of rods because of the hunger costs. Inacc is the only one with a low-enough spell level that you can mostly eliminate hunger costs (at 15 evo).
>>
>>136003948
actually I think rod of lightning is level 2 so you can probably use that for no hunger cost too

the bigger rods have high enough hunger costs that they're probably only worth using as "oh shit!" buttons.

good thing cards don't have mana costs. sp^pak would suck but sp^nem is good
>>
>>136004182
Minimum hungercost on rods is ####. You cannot go lower.
>>
>>136004354
hunger cost works the same as spell hunger, except it's reduced by 10*evocations instead of int*spellcasting.

So the 6-mana rods have 550 base hunger and can only go down to ####... at 27 evo.

But low-level rods (inacc is level 3 and lightning is level 2) can be reduced to the minimum of 10 hunger.
>>
however I'm not sure if the second zap of lightning is more hungering since it costs 5 mana instead of 2
>>
>>136004605
>>136004752
That is really neat. I never realized, and I've done max evocations ascensions.
>>
>>136005610

it only really matters for spriggan

rods have few enough charges that a single one is never enough to actually bring you down to starving, although eventually with a big enough golfbag you could maybe have problems
>>
File: bang.png (146KB, 1324x705px) Image search: [Google]
bang.png
146KB, 1324x705px
>keep hearing a BANG! sound
>can't see a turret or anything
>it keeps happening
>kinda spooky
It was some car that the zombies almost destroyed the engine in.
>>
>>136006409
Zombies sometimes get stuck like that on cars with loud engines or sirens. They'll keep bashing it until its completely destroyed. You can actually set these up if you trigger some sirens and park it somewhere with a zombo population. Its like ant death spirals.
>>
File: A new system for roguelikes.jpg (16KB, 610x74px) Image search: [Google]
A new system for roguelikes.jpg
16KB, 610x74px
What's better in Brogue, a ring of regeneration or a ring of transference?
>>
>>136007645
Regeneration 90% of the time.
The other 10% of the time you have a +6 waraxe or a +8 broadsword.
>>
>>136007645
Transference also works with a weapon of paralysis as long as the weapon is enchanted enough for good proc rate.
>>
>>136008794
>>136010187
Another thing.

Is there any reason to enchant a non-runic weapon you already have enough strenght to use?
>>
>>136010630
It increases the damage and accuracy.
>>
>>136010630
It does more damage and is more accurate, but I don't think it's worth it unless you are doing a melee build (the hardest kind to me).
>>
File: truthorlie.jpg (28KB, 1400x58px) Image search: [Google]
truthorlie.jpg
28KB, 1400x58px
Is this ghost speaking the truth?
>>
>>136012156
>not playing online
>>
>>136012371
The last time I've tried playing online it was laggy as fuck and some actions were bound to a different key, which both is annoying.
Also I'm really terrible.
>>
File: dog.png (22KB, 466x161px) Image search: [Google]
dog.png
22KB, 466x161px
Goes docile, right.

How do I actually complete the "find my dog" mission? I have the dog adjacent to the npc and 'C'hat -> can I do anything for you doesn't let me turn it in. Still shows up as active on the mission list, too.
>>
>>136012597
Don't listen to the online-only retards.
The only reasons to play online are:
>community participation(i.e. tournaments)
>bragging (see above also)
>getting help from spectators
>more statistics on your games
>>
File: Dnd.png (11KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Dnd.png
11KB, 512x512px
Hi guys, new guy here.
No experience with roguelike games, I am deciding on which game to try first. My options are crawl, gearhead, nethack or cataclysm (already compiled).

I know cataclysm is hard, so I heard about crawl, but if you give me good reasons and that if I can come here asking a couple questions once in a while, I will try, I swear. Just want to have a fun time exploring.
>>
>>136015407
Cata is pretty easy once you learn how to survive one week or so, after that's it's a bit of fiddling with all the cool content/bloat in the game while in god-mode, then you get bored because there's no endgame material.

Nethack's a good choice but may be a bit much for a beginner. It's the most roguelike-y roguelike out there.

Crawl should be fine, but game design-wise it's pretty bad for too long a list of reasons.

For a game that's basically a better designed, modernized Rogue with pretty colorful ASCII, go with Brogue.

Never heard of gearhead, sorry.
>>
>>136015407
Cataclysm is garbage and only fun at the very beginning, never played gearhead, nethack is fun but requires lots of spoilers thanks to all the item interactions and unexplained-ingame things, and Crawl is easy to get into for a beginner but very boring for an experienced player.

I'd suggest starting with Crawl, or Brogue, If you really want to suffer through Nethack's learning process as a new player, download Dynahack instead; the UI is incredible.
>>
>>136015407
I don't know how hard Cata is, but Crawl isn't easy at the start, that's for sure.
It has, however, a relatively clean interface and good tiles while being more transparent and less bloated then some other RLs (nethack, cata:DDA).
Other good RLs for a beginner that wants to get into the genre are Brogue and DoomRL, with DoomRL being the easiest and Brogue the prettiest.

If you want to start with a "brutal" roguelike that's still fairly easy to learn, try Infra Arcana. Expect to die a lot, though.
>>
File: 1355640305880.png (222KB, 463x421px) Image search: [Google]
1355640305880.png
222KB, 463x421px
>>136015407
>>I know cataclysm is hard

It isn't. The Blackbelt start is Fist of the North Star. Bionic Prepper can survive alone forever. Any of the military types have good guns.

You just have to scroll through the fetish fuel and SJW snowflake starts.
>>
>>136015407
>Just want to have a fun time exploring.
Go with nethack man. It's like a Pen and Paper adventure if you're playing it unspoiled.
Read the guidebook though, for sure.
>>
>>136016135
No endgame? But you do have some good surprises out there or is repetitive?
>>136016197
The same question, why is cdda boring?
>>136016135
Great input, thanks.
>>136016268
I prefer to take it with the ones I already decided.
>>136016452
I don't know, you seem pretty informed already.
>>136016580
Looks like nethack or crawl at this time.
>>
>>136017616
>The same question, why is cdda boring?
It's not when you have no idea what you're doing and getting into crazy zombie situations. Once you've discovered all the optimal strategies it loses a lot of the replayability, though so basically like any other roguelike.
>>
>>136016452
>fetish fuel
Are you talking about the
>Experiment
>Failed/Broken Cyborg
>Clown
>Lost Submissive
>Elementary Student
>Cyberjunkie
>Bionic Monster
>Butler
>Pizza Delivery Boy/Girl
>Bionic Patient
>Survivalist Jr.
>Razor Boy/Girl
>Special Operator
>Industrial Cyborg
starts?

Of those, only the "lost submissive" start is blatant fetish fuel; all the others are only incidental fetish fuel, even the Razor Boy/Girl start is a reference to Neuromancer.
>>
>>136018085
But that means I could have the same amount of fun anyway, isn't? The difficulty level is still the only difference.
>>
>>136018884
Don't worry about what they're saying man.

When you are just learning and new to the game, it is a lot more fun.

Most people here who have played Cataclysm have played it to death and are bored of it though.

The best way of saying it is that the game does not retain challenge for highly skilled and knowledgeable players.
>>
>>136017616
The thing about cdda is that because it's open world there's no win condition, it's not like other roguelikes where you have to get to the bottom a dungeon and kill someone or steal some macguffin.

I think it's pretty fun, it's the only roguelike where you can build your own death truck and go full mad max building your own mobile base is also the best way to play because non mobile bases take more time to build and aren't as cool.

But yeah, the game lacks engame content beyond getting bionics, hunting artifacts and maybe clearing a couple of structures like labs, mines or temples.

It also has various tilesets if you don't like ASCII.
>>
File: enjoyed pudding.png (165KB, 830x278px) Image search: [Google]
enjoyed pudding.png
165KB, 830x278px
>>136018884
Yeah, I'm saying the dda is easy/boring is just a meme. Play any game to death and it'll be like that.
>>
File: ddacrawlbrogue.jpg (814KB, 4424x980px) Image search: [Google]
ddacrawlbrogue.jpg
814KB, 4424x980px
>>136018884
The biggest problem that I personally have with Cata is that its ASCII looks like absolute ass and a huge mess.
>>
>>136019076
Damn, thanks.
>>136019086
That is very appealing to me.
>>136019525
Understood.
>>
>>136019665
>comparing dcss tiles to dda ascii
This seems like not the most useful comparison.

Though I agree it has some problems, mainly that every zombie and building uses the same glyphs so they have to do weird background/foreground color combinations to distinguish them. You can also play brogue in a terminal and it's so bad with all the lighting. Worth seeing to see how much difference having more than sixteen colors matters for things like that.
>>
File: pokemaster.png (16KB, 639x432px) Image search: [Google]
pokemaster.png
16KB, 639x432px
>>136019665
Crawl image should probably look more like this for a better comparison.
>>
File: 1458513451144.gif (213KB, 232x377px) Image search: [Google]
1458513451144.gif
213KB, 232x377px
>>136020482
Yup, I think I'll go with Crawl first. Wish me luck.
>>
>>136020762
Remember to post your splats so we can help point and laugh at you.
Happy crawling.
>>
>>136020762
Easy combos for Crawl are:
>Minotaur Berserker (very strong god right from the start, your race has incredible aptitudes for melee, high HP and a really strong aux attack from innate horns 3 mutation. Minotaurs suck at everything that isn't melee, but Trog doesn't let you use magic anyways and his main ability is not at all suited to stealth)
>Spriggan Enchanter of Dithmenos (you're a very small race, meaning you need less training in Dodging for more Evasion, the best defensive stat. You get 7 magic resistance per level, the highest in the game. You also have amazing aptitudes for Charms, Hexes, Stealth, Dodging and the absolutely broken Evocations and last but not least you have innate sanic speed. Dithmenos doubles your already ridiculous Stealth and gives you an aura that reduces enemy accuracy and sometimes mimics your attacks, among others. In exchange you can't wear most armor, your aptitudes for melee suck, and you can't use fire magic or weapons of flaming.)
>Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (Deep Dwarves are an amazingly broken race, basically minotaurs without the bad bits, in exchange for not healing naturally. However, they start with one of the best wands in the game, intended to make them able to heal, and the ability to recharge wands by sacrificing a point of mana permanently. Makhleb lets you heal upon killing, so if you're careful the first few levels and aren't shy with the recharging you can become an unstopabble tab beast later on,)
>Troll Monk of Okawaru/Makhleb/Cheibriados/Whatever the fuck else (Trolls have claws 3, intrinsic regen, enormous strength and HP pools and some other stuff in exchange for sucking at everything that's not unarmed melee and not being able to wear most armor)
If you feel like playing a Spriggan who's slightly less stabby but which can wear armor, has a innate aux attack and a lot of cheesy shit with changing forms depending on hunger, play a Vampire.
>>
>>136022134
Okay?
>>136022337
Mmm, vampire, tempting.
>>
File: dynahack6.png (33KB, 1250x750px) Image search: [Google]
dynahack6.png
33KB, 1250x750px
The thread may have died, but I have not.

Speaking of which: should I eat this corpse? I can pray safely, cast Cure Sickness, and have a tinning kit besides. I could really use the +Strength.
>>
Jesus, the monkey really wanted to learn flying. I had to displace it from the spot at least 10 times.
>>
Vi-like keys? Crawl is awesome.
>>
>>136024474
>High Elf
GET OUT ELF YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE
>>
>>136024474
vi keys as an option exist in almost all roguelikes because they're geared towards keyboard-adept people
>>
>>136025464
B-but this is only the tutorial anon.
>>
>>136025917
>playing the tutorial
That's a slippery slope. Next people will start reading the pastas and wikis and even posting a complete character dump before asking questions. Where does it end? Chaos! Anarchy! Obliteration!
>>
File: every day im summoning.gif (765KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
every day im summoning.gif
765KB, 500x444px
>>
>>136026407
So this isn't the best time to say I've been reading the pasta too?
>>
File: cat fortress.png (34KB, 2699x225px) Image search: [Google]
cat fortress.png
34KB, 2699x225px
jeez /vg/ is moving quickly tonight
I hope we don't threadfault again
>>
>>136026407
I've read several pastas before posting in these threads. I've been playing roguelikes for a couple of years before finding /rlg/.

You guys are the only ones I've seen that know to not free captive salamanders in Brogue. I learned that the hard way, fortunately it didn't kill me in that one playthrough.
>>
File: oh well.png (543KB, 1901x1125px) Image search: [Google]
oh well.png
543KB, 1901x1125px
Honestly I'm surprised I made it this far with just the shitty strating dagger, RNG litterally fucked me over and I didn't find any weapon on all 13 floors.

The only reason I survived this long was because I had a troll ally, an over abundance of potions and a very enchanted conjuration staff.

The worst thing is that I died of hunger and not because I got killed by something and I just had a shitty dagger to defend myself with.
>>
File: 144786549366.png (470KB, 786x512px) Image search: [Google]
144786549366.png
470KB, 786x512px
>>136027359
>not climbing to victory atop a pile of your own corpses
Casual.

Honestly, you could get most of the pasta's information from the in game help. And fair warning, it's out of date in some spots.
>>
>>136022337
I don't see how Spriggans or Deep Dwarves are easy for beginners. Just give him MiBe, MiFi or maybe GrFi so he can tab through the game and see how it works.
>>
>>136029818
spriggans can leave any combat
deep dwarves have a huge number of heal charges before they run out of max mp

I agree that in the long run they're not the easiest for a first win, thanks to their unique limitations, but they're really good for getting a new player further than they've gotten before
>>
>>136028809
what chinese cartoon is that.
>>
>>136029964
It's all true, but a beginner will have fundamental problems with understanding that he can and should run from fights or that he actually has a LOT of heal wounds charges as long as he doesn't care about MP.

When I was a beginner, Sp felt extremely squishy and weak and DD were just miserable - playing them felt like a countdown to extinction. On the other hand, Minotaurs are easy and straightforward.

Understanding that you can leave a fight or pick a better one, essentially a requirement for playing Spriggans, is pretty much enough to win a 3 rune game with MiBe/MiFi.
>>
>>136030865
SpEn was one of the first combos I got to lair with, merely because I understood I was supposed to be a stealthy stabber and as such never fought things head-on if I could help it. It depends on what kind of playstyle you naturally tend towards, so it'd be good for him to at least try.
>>
>>136030865
That's okay, I'm still on the tutorial and thanks to you now I know to go chicken mode.

You should totally make a pasta about this strategies thou.
>>
>>136030865
The big benefit of otab melee guys for new players is that you don't have to understand the skill system at all and can even play them on auto skilling.
>>
Words of wisdom (taken from dcss pasta):
"First you train the skills that you use to kill dudes. Once you are killing dudes well enough, then you train the skills you use to not die to dudes. If you later run into problems killing dudes, you switch back to killdudes skills."

Sounds pretty logical to me.
>>
>>136033603
the pasta took that from the knowledge bots on the crawl IRC channel
>>
>>136033840
Yeah, for some reason I entered wizard mode. Not sure what it is but pretty sure I want to exit that. What do?
>>
>>136034267
I don't think you can exit it.

Basically it's a "cheat/debug" mode, you enter it by pressing &. I don't think a character that's entered wizmode can leave again, the save file will be permanently marked.
>>
>>136034457
Thanks Cthulhu is only the tutorial.
>>
>>136033840
if it's good knowledge, then that's a good thing
>>
Dying in the tutorial.
Good, bad, lame?
>>
>>136036834
Years ago, when I played the tutorial, I think I almost died there.

What font, by the way?
>>
>>136036948
GNU Unifont. Best used at size 12.
>>
>>136037086
>pain in the ass to get working in Cygwin
>can hardly download without failing anyway
Thanks though. It's a looker.
>>
>>136039734
Sorry, Linux mustard race. Been using libre software since years ago.
But unifont runs fine on windows, don't lose hope.
>>
>>136040450
Yeah, I can install it just fine, but I use cygwin for my terminal stuff (like roguelikes), and the mintty shell doesn't seem to recognize it as a valid font. So I just have to teach xterm to believe in it.
>>
So, what kind of music do you listen when exploring? Also, what other type of games do you play besides rl?
>>
>>136041658
>So, what kind of music do you listen when exploring?
Anime OST

>Also, what other type of games do you play besides rl?
Mobile games, like Rogue Heroes or Potion Maker
>>
>>136041658
Lately I've been enjoying the weirder stuff I used to listen to when I was younger. So Caparezza and Diablo Swing Orchestra. I mostly play strategy rpgs and CUHRAZY action games, with some smash thrown in here and there. I'm actually hacking my 3DS just for the new fire emblem. Its pretty tedious and I have to dig through a botched 2.1 install to see what went wrong, so instead of doing that I played MGR. Monsoon's bossfight is so fucking hype.
>>
>>136041658
podcasts or sometimes twitch streams

also this is the third time this question was posted in like 2 days
>>
>>136042269
Anon secretly wants music recommendations but can't stand /mu/.

>>136042234
Also MTG.
>>
>>136042365
If this is how Anon exhibits poise and stealth, I'd hate to see him be direct.
>>
Would you guys recommend Wazhack?
>>
>>136042180
I dig a lot of anime ost, like the Emiya Crow's Claw metal remix. Reminds me of electronic music somehow (ye olde Trance).
Not a fan of mobile but played some (text) adventure games and are awesome.
>>136042234
Never hear them, will look them up.
>>136042269
I am watching a youtube video about dcss and precisely has some music in the background that lead me to ask the question. Sounds like something come out of LOTR.
>>136042365
>>136042585
Meh, if the place has something good I would go there ;)
>>
>>136042648
Absolutely not.
>>
>>136043336
how come? looks pretty mindless desu. I figure it might be different enough to hold my interest for a while.
>>
>>136043472
Don't listen to the other guy it is one of the best roguelike games ever created.

I am totally not the developer by the way but you need to buy it now while it's cheap.
>>
>>136043661
topkek
>>
File: mable.jpg (97KB, 680x623px) Image search: [Google]
mable.jpg
97KB, 680x623px
>>136042927
I'll save you a little trouble.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXuMC_GHEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCMszSjgKHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcRtdrsRQ5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDSCSvyfyAk

Are you watching the old guy that anon posted the other day? He really was cozy but it bothers me how he trains multiple skills and plays a little too fast to properly assess situations. I almost wish I could be so haphazard when playing crawl, but I've trained myself to be on MAXIMUM TACTICOOL at all times. Its rather tiring and one of the reasons I usually only play trunk to try out new stuff.
>>
dagger of elec on d2

this kobold is gonna tab his way to victory
>>
>>136043920
As just arrived here today, I don't know what guy you mean, I'm watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aglmm0VON_g&index=2&list=PLs3acGYgI1-s5N5bH47LPfc6GtPFNXmuQ
>>
>>136044367
This guy. He is pretty alright, but just bad enough to put me off watching. His musings are entertaining though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw_OFJEPSL8
>>
>>136041658
This, usually.

http://vip.aersia.net/
>>
>>136045064
That's hot.
>>
Which is better for an unarmed/rod using DsMo of Ru.
38 Ac 5 Ev or 26 AC 15 Ev.
Just got a + 9 orange plate of archmagi with sus and clarity
>>
>>136045479
26/15
>>
>>136045479
26/15. You don't want to get shrecked by iron shots.
>>
>>136045529
>>136045607
Is there a way I can ever wear that sweet sweet +9 plate with decent Ev ? currently armour at 15 and same for Dodge.
>>
>>136045771
You need Strength and Armour skill to effectively mitigate the penalties of high ER armour.
>>
>>136045771
You'd have to drop Ru for chei, but that is a bad idea. You'd have to pump the shit out of your strenght and max armour/dodging. Write it off as a sweet nothing and learn to let go.
>>
Making a stationary base in CDDA is actually breddy gud now that multiple z-levels is playable.
>>
File: hmm.png (20KB, 826x449px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
20KB, 826x449px
>>136045867
>>136045890
Thanks I was holding out for something to be done i'll just drop it now.
Btw What should I focus on now? Not dying easily and pretty much destryoing everything currently doing crypt going to vault 5 afterwards.pic related
>>
>>136046209
More punching.
>>
>>136046209
You look pretty solid. You said your Ev is only 15, so I'd try to get that to 20~. After that, you could do a bunch of stuff. Simplest option is just pump fighting for hitdudes/notdyin', you could pick up some magic like TM for maximum killdudes, or pump UC for faster ATATA. Just go UC/fighting for the time being, fancy spells can come in pan.
>>
>>136046437
Problem with spells is I sacrificed quite a few schools (Earth hexes and summoning) for our lord and saviour Ru but I might start tapping into that once I have like 20 Ev
>>
>>136046910
That's not really a problem since only 1 spell from any of those schools would really be useful to you (Statue Form).
>>
>>136046910
Pity about hexes since it makes Tomb a walk in the park. I'd wait on it unless you have stuff that is easy to pickup like rMissile/blink with a bigger spell like haste to grab later.
>>
I used to look down on the lightning rod but my Ko^Pak is killing death yak packs with his (14/14) one.This is a lot better than I expected.
>>
Oh hey, new blood. Good. We needed that.
>>
>>136047302
Yo, lightning rod fucking scales really well into postend even. My own KoPAKK was using it to ZAP niggas all the way from the abyss to the iron hells of Dis. Fucking quality rod, lightning rod.
>>
>>136047419
We really need to stagger our posting, they guy got 10+ replies in an hour and now the thread is close to dying again.
POST SPLATS
>>
>>136048841
>stagger
Mmmm, you sure? Because if I didn't had those replies my first experience would been not as charming.
>>
>>136048841
Post them yourself.
>>
>>136047419
Hi you.
>>
File: stabby.jpg (94KB, 1236x563px) Image search: [Google]
stabby.jpg
94KB, 1236x563px
>>136049034
Yeah I realize that, and it's good that even though this general can be really bitter at times, it's still really helpful and nice from time to time. I just don't want it to constantly die because there's nothing to really post about.

>>136049059
I'm trying to learn Spriggan, don't you worry there will be splats.
Can Spriggans deal with Ghosts in any way or do they just 360?
>>
File: assband.png (351KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
assband.png
351KB, 500x320px
>>136048841
I don't have the image anymore so I'll post the morgue. This is by far my greatest fault.
http://pastebin.com/WFJYjW4V
>A great vortex of raging winds appears and lifts you up.
>Are you sure you want to fly over lava while you are losing your buoyancy?
>The winds around you start to calm down.
>You float gracefully downwards. You fall into the lava!
>The lava burns you to a cinder!
>You die...
>>
>>136049587
Are you implying that 360' moonwalk is not a way of dealing with it?
>>
>>136049587
A bit of a strategy I got helping keeping up other generals was to find related content and regularly posting a list of what I've found on the thread until others started contributing.

The trick is to find enough stuff and be open minded about sharing it.

Music is always good imho.
>>
>>136049789
It's a perfect way of dealing with it, but muh free XP!
I'm ass with stabby/enchanter, so I'm curious if there's any common spell that you use with this combo that can deal with them. Confusion/Sleep doesn't work, obviously.
>>
>>136050114
>Free exp
Unless you know you can get dat free exp, walk away. The thing about exp is that there is always more exp, and that there is always an easier source of exp to gather than whatever huge dude you want to splat yourself on.
>>
>>136050214
That's true, right.
I just danced with my ghost for ~100 turns and managed to stab him twice even though I'm fairly stealthy, those fucks don't forget about you easily.
>>
>RNG fucks my ass and I get a fucking FLYING POLYP day 2 of cata
why
>>
File: fml.jpg (377KB, 1573x981px) Image search: [Google]
fml.jpg
377KB, 1573x981px
>>136049646
>XL 27
ouch. However, I can relate.
I don't know why I panic as hard as I do in turn-based roguelikes, I'm extremely nervous about fucking something up when I'm ~4-5 hours deep into a run and do the most stupid shit.
>>
File: FREE.jpg (43KB, 701x366px) Image search: [Google]
FREE.jpg
43KB, 701x366px
>>136050114
>Confusion/Sleep doesn't work, obviously.
Obviously I'm retarded, Confuse works perfectly.
FREEEE XP!
>>
>>136050017
>Music is always good imho.
But it was always a shitpost. I never really minded it but it was always labeled as that and discouraged.
Or are we at war with eastasia now
>>
File: ALIIIIIIIIVE.png (34KB, 952x574px) Image search: [Google]
ALIIIIIIIIVE.png
34KB, 952x574px
>>136050652
> The game lasted 18:45:54 (143448 turns).
>You visited 4 ziggurats (completing 3), and saw 102 of their levels.
>15/15 runes
It was so much worse than just being lvl 27. I was actually looking for the screenshot when you died like that. Camaraderie through lava splats is a special thing.
>>
>>136050893
We were always at war with Eastasia anon. Whatever it takes to keep the party alive.
>>
File: nobody.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nobody.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>136050921
Didn't check the dump, splats like these are hilarious in their own way.
I hope you weren't on your way to your first 15 rune win, at least.
>>
>>136050114
confusion works but I think they tend to have highish MR

dazzling spray is great because it checks HD and not MR. It blinds enemies, which gives you the same tier of stab as if you were invis
>>
>>136051272
15'd many times, but oddly enough, that would have been my first DEFE win. I still haven't won one.
>>
today I autoexplored into a tele trap that put me in the middle of the end vault on orc:2, surrounded by a dozen priests and high priests

I read fog and tele and managed to somehow teleport out without getting smitten a dozen times, but the randtele landed me back in the same vault

then I read my second and last TP scroll and actually got out
>>
>>136051893
O, not even once.
>>
File: dynahack7.png (36KB, 1250x750px) Image search: [Google]
dynahack7.png
36KB, 1250x750px
I hate nymphs.
>>
>>136052315
They hate you too.
>>
The Wiki says that Ensorcelled Hibernation is stronger than Confuse, but I find that the latter works a lot better.
Does that change with spellpower/more intelligent enemies or is the added stab bonus towards sleeping enemies the important part?
>>
>>136020482

Out of idle curiousity, do you have a screencap of the rest of this character's equipment?
>>
>>136053074
It's the second thing.

Stabbing sleeping enemies is guaranteed and does way more damage. Stabbing confused enemies has a relatively small success chance and does less damage.

On the other hand you can hit confused enemies multiple times, and confusion generally has a higher success rate than EH. Plus it works on enemies that never sleep (like imps) or which are cold resistant (like undead).

With decent shortblades and stealth skill getting Hibernation to land is pretty much a guaranteed instakill, and generally you're gonna use confuse only when you *can't* use EH for whatever reason.
>>
File: trove.png (163KB, 1189x961px) Image search: [Google]
trove.png
163KB, 1189x961px
what could be on the other side??
>>
>>136053581
CPA's and 3swords.
>>
>>136053581
Candy and strippers.
>>
>>136053283
Alright, thanks. Stabbing is ridiculously strong so far and Sp really is OP; I wonder when this falls off. Probably when I'm facing lotsa undead creatures.
>>136053581
16 Merfolk with Bardiches
>>
File: trove_revealed.png (214KB, 1194x966px) Image search: [Google]
trove_revealed.png
214KB, 1194x966px
>>136053620
better not be CPA's, I'm an ogre!

and it wasn't too bad, this vampiric morningstar might carry me through vaults and zot, I'm having trouble with food becaues I keep having to rest forever to heal up
>>
File: blade.jpg (15KB, 246x155px) Image search: [Google]
blade.jpg
15KB, 246x155px
I'm curious, is there any way to get this Demon Blade?
>>
>>136053891
put on an amulet of stasis or memorize the spell 'apportation', or casting 'tornado' might sweep it along the ground
>>
Fuck.
I'm basically stuck with this now until I have a bajillion gold.
>>
File: goyzag.jpg (25KB, 600x125px) Image search: [Google]
goyzag.jpg
25KB, 600x125px
>>136054553
Forgot image.
Weirdly though, the displayed price of bribing and setting up a shop didn't change at all after equipping and removing it.
>>
File: EV.jpg (28KB, 720x166px) Image search: [Google]
EV.jpg
28KB, 720x166px
>EV is good
I'm pretty happy with this as a first stealth run though, stabbers are strong as fuck.
>>
>>136054960
But it is good.. Try playing an As youll see whats broken and fun
>>
>>136055003
I'll not pick Gozag in my next run, that's for sure. He pretty much did nothing for me, except distracting a monster for a few turns once in a while.

SpAs with a rapid fire blowgun is what you recommend?
>>
>>136055198
What? Gozag is broken tier for any spellcaster.. and yeah, mix needles with some stabbing i nthere and all, pray for some books to carry you mid/late game and you have your easy 3+ rune
>>
File: fug.png (267KB, 1438x767px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
267KB, 1438x767px
God damn it, if I wanted to have a Tomb experience, I'd just go to Tomb. Once I found the entrance to it, that is. I hope at least the manual is something worth risking death for.
>>
>>136056161
>manual of Short Blades
It wasn't.
>>
>>136055271
I didn't come to a point where I could bribe a branch and I never felt the need to set up a shop, so yeah.
I'm sure that it's great in the late game, but it didn't do a lot for me in that run.
>>
>>136056349
Well yeah, when you only gotten to d:12..
>>
>>136054960
gozie gives and takes
i think he's really good for a SpEn at least
>>
>>136056474
How is Gozag good for anything with extensive spellcasting? Why not go Ash or Dithmenos instead?
>>
>>136057512
Because En doesnt cast as much as any other spellcaster, hence why people go dith or oka on SpEn's or the card master
>>
What would be the mandatory features of a sci-fi "dungeon" crawler roguelike?

Hacking?
Bio-mechanic augmentation?
Brain implants?

Also, side question: Would you prefer Single screen like Nethack, or big levels like Angband?
>>
>>136059484
lazers. it needs lazer guns.
>>
>>136059484
dating sims or waifu.
>>
>>136059484
cocky androids
funky new future drug like death sticks
rain, lots of it
>>
File: FUN.png (287KB, 1440x767px) Image search: [Google]
FUN.png
287KB, 1440x767px
I wish one day DCSS dev team would remove Abyss in their bloat removal spree.
>>
>>136059484
Use a setting similar to BLAME! and it works gud.
>>
>>136060649
you need to go deeper
>>
Don't
>>
Do
>>
File: Jiggly black unicorn butts.png (136KB, 1899x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Jiggly black unicorn butts.png
136KB, 1899x1024px
Tip to self: unicorns can do 20 damage in a single turn and their AI makes it impossible for you to kill them from afar.
Why can't you throw stuff in noncardinal directions like ---/? It's pretty silly.
>>
Fugging hell Archons in cata are horrible.
>>
>>136050652
>17 (SEVENTEEN) teleport scrolls
>E I G H T (8) blink scrolls
fault as fuck lad, hurts to look at
>>
Allright senpai I am going in the outside world, wish me luck and dont let this thread die
>>
>>136070041
>leaving the basement

Ew
>>
>>136060649
Is this meme still applicable?

Started up my first character since Lava Orcs were added and I'm noticing a lot of new stuff. I haven't found any glaring omissions from what I remember except for brown chunks from humanoids.
>>
File: slumberparty.jpg (303KB, 1587x947px) Image search: [Google]
slumberparty.jpg
303KB, 1587x947px
What did I stumble into here?
>>
File: 1447840210479.png (12KB, 159x181px) Image search: [Google]
1447840210479.png
12KB, 159x181px
>>136066024
Is that Dynahack? how come it looks so nice?
How do you get it to use those colors?
>>
File: how2pret.png (272KB, 1370x565px) Image search: [Google]
how2pret.png
272KB, 1370x565px
>>136073723
>Is that Dynahack?
yes
>how come it looks so nice?
we had a pasta for pretty dynahack colors but it's really outdated and needs you to run linux, I found a way to run it on windows using mobaXterm, which is bascially a glorified putty.

Basically it goes like this:
Download Mobaxterm, then go to settings, configurations, terminal, customize, then change the foreground. I also change the background to be a deep deep shade of blue and not just black because black and that shade of orange don't work so well.

The catch is that you can only play games on a terminal through ssh, so dynahack is online only.
Open moba, then and write ssh [email protected] to get a ssh connection through dank.ninja, which is the only server that supports dynahack at the moment. If you're not in europe, it might lag a bit, I am not sure. I only know that in central Europe it's extremely fast.
>>
>>136067550
Finally an endgame monster.
The problem is that there is no reason to fight them outside of a personal challenge, like 90% of the endgame.
>>
File: chen2.jpg (47KB, 292x227px) Image search: [Google]
chen2.jpg
47KB, 292x227px
How is Caves of Qud?
Worth buying on Steam?
>>
>>136067550
>>136075745
I don't remember any monster with the name Archon in DDA.
>>
>>136076196
unfinished and let's you know it. dev is working at a snails pace as well so don't hold your breath.
i like it though, playing esper build is fun and the world feels pretty dang nice.

the look of the game is a big negative for some people though but that's subjective so you can decide on that for yourself.
pirate it first if you're curious.
>>
>>136076537
arcana mod. It's actually pretty good.
>>
>>136076556
Thanks.
>>
File: Professional hat wearer.png (170KB, 1897x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Professional hat wearer.png
170KB, 1897x1025px
Well I'll be.
>>
Goddamn beetle.
I think I remember why I stopped playing tourists.
>>
>>136059484
Gene/cyber mods and hacking yes, but either space travel or making it on a space station is an unexplored idea.

I actually write a lot of this, wish I could code thou.
>>
>>136075554
Care to share the pasta for the colors? Can't find it.
>>
>>136076556
How far has the development come? I've played a demo or something maybe a year ago and it was really barren, but looked nice and was promising.
>>
File: Defiler.png (114KB, 1895x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Defiler.png
114KB, 1895x1022px
Never gets old.

>>136077751
It was probably deleted when we changed the OP. Basically there's nothing new to know other than what I posted unless you're playing on linux. If you're on linux, you just customize your terminal's colours.
>>
>>136070596
>Is this meme still applicable?
Not that much lately, they've been actually adding or changing things instead of removing them. You don't want to go to the official forums though, you'd get cancer just reading threads there.
>>
>>136077897
Yup, on Linux, will try.
>>
>>136018392
The crackhead start is pretty fun. Good luck surviving your withdrawal period.
>>
>>136075554
Thanks mate
>>
>>136079335
you're welcome! Be warned that once you go coloured you never go back
>>
File: unlimited resting works.png (124KB, 1440x779px) Image search: [Google]
unlimited resting works.png
124KB, 1440x779px
Sometimes I wonder if wearing SustAt even does anything for mummy curses. At least it (mostly) works for Hell effects, I guess.
>>
Are there any decent mobile roguelikes?
>>
>>136080293
Let me answer your question with another question:
Can you read the pasta?
>>
>>136080387
MY BAD
>>
File: dynahack8.png (37KB, 1250x750px) Image search: [Google]
dynahack8.png
37KB, 1250x750px
>sacrifice a corpse of my own race to mollify my (chaotic) god
>this somehow summons- something
>it disappears so suddenly I don't even have time to see the glyph
What just happened?
>>
>>136081109
He fell victim of a bad pun cursed potions of gain level take you up a floor.

I recommend not pissing Yeenoghu off if you like living.
>>
>>136081109
>Yeenoghu, &, is a monster in NetHack, specifically, one of the demon lords. He can deal out tremendous physical damage, and magic missiles from afar, but is not generally regarded as a problem if you are prepared for him. He is generated with a flail. Yeenoghu respects Elbereth.

Interesting. Chaotic gods suck ass.
>>
>>136082239
>>136081109
>Yeenoghu, together with Juiblex, is one of the two demon lords that can be summoned with chaotic own-race sacrifice. He will be peaceful then.

Oh.
Well anon you saved yourself a really FUN fight.
>>
File: trapsanddoors.png (130KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
trapsanddoors.png
130KB, 1366x728px
I'm going to get an ulcer
>>
>>136082662
well look at it this way, you've got a nice 1x1 corridor and you can finally ditch that stupid hand axe.
>>
File: alady.png (104KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
alady.png
104KB, 1366x728px
>>136082803
I got lucky and managed to tele away before I died. Still some bullshit though.
>>
>>136082662
393, lightning wand 6 to soften the priest, 3 9 kill the priest and the wizard, you now have a 1x1 corridor, melee-centric monsters that won't enter your clouds and a permanent supply of clouds, so you can just walk away.

Seriously, anon.
>>
>>136084150
I'm sorry, I'm not the brightest strategist.

I'll try harder next time.
>>
File: best resistances ever.png (44KB, 804x456px) Image search: [Google]
best resistances ever.png
44KB, 804x456px
This is the first time I'll be attempting Pan and Hell with resistances this bad.
>>
>31 AC
>41 EV
>complaining
>>
>>136080189
Sustab stops you from getting turbofucked by mummy curses. Without sustab, I think the max drain is like 8. My Ko^Pakk got drained for max and had to scum pan to restore his int.

>>136084551
That is pretty rough. The panlords are going to have a fucking field day on your face. Why didn't you swap to TSO? You could really use the rN+++ and oka doesn't have anything else to offer you.
>>
>>136084693
>implying ac and ev matter against torment
>>
>>136086037
>he's not playing a tengu mummy
>>
>no pingu class in crawl
>>
>>136085353
Because I always swap, I wanted to see how bad it will be without it.
>>
>>136086505
go unarmed tengu ice elementalist.
noot noot, motherfucker.
>>
File: explodingbird.gif (2MB, 320x165px) Image search: [Google]
explodingbird.gif
2MB, 320x165px
>>136086529
I mean, he gives you old haste with weapons. That is pretty relevant if you plan on punching the dudes to death, and heroism is still a nice buff. Its just so little compared to what so many other gods have to offer you. I hope you have a good amount of resistance pots. Pic related will be you vs. Cerebov.
>>
>>136087213
>implying I want to fight Cerebov
>>
>>136087784
Hope you're an experienced rune snatcher. Every panlord is going to be hell, except maybe Mnoleg.
>>
>>136088391
probably the plan involves blowguns
>>
>>136088391
>>136088684
Pan lords alone weren't a problem, what killed me (yep) was a hellfire/torment/firestorm combo. I wish you could see each random pan lord's spell set. 8/15, better luck next time.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaah.png (10KB, 486x67px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaah.png
10KB, 486x67px
I think it's time to leave.
>>
>>136090964
Torment is absolutely brutal with no rN, as is firestorm with 1 pip. You can't eat many hellfires if you're at 90 HP from 1 torment, 45 with 2. Thats 2-3 hellfires before death. RIP birdman. You did your best, but you picked the wrong god.
>>
File: [...intensifies].gif (16KB, 90x105px) Image search: [Google]
[...intensifies].gif
16KB, 90x105px
>>136091583
>Zombie necromancers necrodancing all around you, making lewd gestures at you and laughing it up with their bros.
>Zombie master helping all the DYEL zombies get mad gains quick
>Acid zombies shitting up the whole area
There isn't enough fire or bullets in the whole game for that kind of shit.
>>
>>136091583
SSS - Summoners Summoning Summoners
>>
File: 1446034202103.png (166KB, 472x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1446034202103.png
166KB, 472x1100px
>>136091937
>goatposting
not so fast
two can play this game
>>
>>136054691
Probably too late now, but the "Gozag cares for nothing but gold!" message is supposed to convey that "Faith is useless for him.
>>
>>136092553
At first I thought he was dressed up as Dick Gumshoe and was genuinely impressed, but then I realized it was all wrong. So you got me, I guess.
>>
File: 1444551928183.png (54KB, 440x651px) Image search: [Google]
1444551928183.png
54KB, 440x651px
>>136092553
Sir this is a no goat posting zone
>>
File: faith.png (13KB, 801x120px) Image search: [Google]
faith.png
13KB, 801x120px
>>136054691
taking it off doesn't do anything.

putting it on doesn't do anything either

one of the rare cases where badwiki is actually goodwiki
>>
File: what.png (10KB, 663x170px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
10KB, 663x170px
i dont think it's supposed to work this way
>>
>decide to go to school for dem books, especially for electronics ones for batterry recipe, was getting around to set up a electric forge
>go to nearby parking lot to nab solar car
>drive to the school, meet floating eye
>forced to fight some zombies
>realize I'm doing awfully little damage
>check
>there is no reinforced wood axe in my hands, no in inventory
>well, shit
>retreat
>get quarterstaff (later upgraded to ironshod)
>loot the school's library(and find there are knife technique books, what those kids were learning?)
>do batteries and metal industry, get some iron javelins (buffed them a bit, those were doing just one damage more than copper ones before)
>go the same way as I was going for solar car
>find the zombie technician
>not wanting to deal with it's fuckery, decide to try on incendiary grenade
>BOOM
>FIRE EVERYWHERE, ZOMBIES DEAD
>check
>++ burnt wood axe
>ohshit
>sprint amond the fires, lose half of torso health
>retrieve the axe
>still working like before
>proceed to wreck zombies with occasional +50 damage on criticals
>>
>>136095227
>What were these kids learning?
The basics of CQC.
>>
>>136095227
>and find there are knife technique books, what those kids were learning?
It always amuses me to find erotic novels there.
>>
>>136092917
>reminded of dicks
>now sad
>>
>>136095450
>The basics of CQC.
But it was Spetsnaz Knife Techniques book, doesn't sound like basics.
>>
>>136096204
>He wasn't learning spetsnaz knife techniques and judo when he was in school
>He doesn't even attach his knife to his gun
I bet you weren't even a child soldier.
>>
File: mostlybadwiki.jpg (60KB, 1265x167px) Image search: [Google]
mostlybadwiki.jpg
60KB, 1265x167px
>>136092649
Interesting, another case where the wiki is wrong.
Maybe it's from an older patch, but they warn about amulet of faith there.
>>136093089
I don't know who to believe anymore.
>>
>>136096750
Use the learndb, not the wiki.
>>
File: goyzag.jpg (8KB, 837x71px) Image search: [Google]
goyzag.jpg
8KB, 837x71px
>>136096975
The information there is really concise.
>>
>>136097287
>the learndb doesn't actually have info on Gozag "Faith
Wew.
It's still generally better than the wiki which is out of date over 80% of the time.

Like, forlorn has not been a mutation for eons.
>>
Okay well, I added in the Gozag "Faith info.
So it will be there next time the db is dumped to the webpage.
>>
File: nice trap.png (14KB, 880x510px) Image search: [Google]
nice trap.png
14KB, 880x510px
Cute.
>>
>>136100776
>Dlvl: 2

wew
>>
>>136098704
Doing gods work.
>>
File: you feel sick.png (33KB, 548x307px) Image search: [Google]
you feel sick.png
33KB, 548x307px
iron rod best rod

this is all one button-push
>>
>>136102650
How's 0.18 play?
Would you recommend getting the trunk right now?
>>
>>136102650
Then you get to high AC targets and you do 0 damage.
>>
>>136103634
that's what /acid is for
>>
>You will never watch as your trusted dog falls victim of a polymorph trap and lose all soft tissue
>You will never babysit the newborn lich through it's first few levels, curing it's wounds and giving it good equipment, calling it to you with your whistle whenever it gets lost
>You will never have it grow up into a fine Master lich, finally capable of holding it's own but still a bit clueless as to why brown molds won't die when it attacks them
>You will never start feeiling a bit distressed as your Demilich keeps teleporting in front of you while you're trying to navigate the dungeon's corridors and attacking anyone that tries getting close to you, shopkeepers and priests included
>You will never have a yandere Arch-lich GF kill Orcus all on her own
>>
>>136105257
One of my favorite pet forms, even though they are kind of underwhelming and a pain to recover if they hit a levelport trap.
>>
>>136105902
Well 5d6 cold attack, self-haste and self-heal, stupid amounts of AC and HP are nothing to sneeze at. Certainly not on the same tier as Archons, but you can't get those from a polytrap, and a wish is better spent on something else
>>
>>136105257
>Go down a floor
>Forget to bring it along for a few hundred turns
>Realize i forgot and go back to check
>It's tameness ran out
>Can't be affected by charm monster anymore
>Have to put it down
;_;
>>
File: brazil.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
brazil.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
>>136107491
>>
>>136103634
Then you choose precisely which one out of your fucking golfbag of endgame tier rods and wands you're going to use for that specific enemy.
>>
>go near river to boil some water
>bring waterskins
>bring planks
>start a fire
>batch boil 20 units, kill chiild zombie
>done
>start boiling more
>"you're hurt, stop?"
>wtf, yes
>be set on fire
>BOOM
>grenade(s) go off, barely survive, both legs broken, 280 pain

The fuck?
>>
>>136109352
reminds me of the time some months ago where an anon removed a window frame from a wall, and the entire building collapsed on him. "It must have been a load-bearing windowframe" CDDA reasons
>>
>>136107491
>Have to put it down
>have to

You could have just walked away. She wasn't going to be in your way.

You just wanted to kill her, didn't you.
You sick fuck.
>>
>>136109476
I have no fucking idea what happened to me, I don't remember dropping anything flammable, did fire get too big and somehow I got set on fire by it? Seen zombies child's corpse on fire as well, if I remembered well.
Used up both first aid kits and 4 bandages to heal up my head and torso to orange amount.
Now I'm sitting in corridor praying that zombie child won't get too close to me or some zombie won't break the windoow behind me. Plus I'm munching poppy painkillers and aspirin.
>>
>>136109352
you stood next to the fire and it spread to the tile you were standing on.

you can be 2-4ish tiles away and still cook on it
>>
>>136110024
>did fire get too big and somehow I got set on fire by it?
Probably. I don't stand next to shrubs I light on fire for cooking since they occasionally spread to other squares which I discovered exactly how you expect.
>>
>>136110050
>you stood next to the fire and it spread to the tile you were standing on.
It never happened to me before, well, I wasn't batch making before as well.
And I know I can stand more tiles away, it was just accidental.

Pain goes down, I'm at 140 now, if I get caught before fixing it I'm dead.
>>
>>136110303
Nevermind, I'm dead, fat zombie broke the windoow behind me and together with survivor zombie got me.
At least I managed to set house on fire with spraycan flamethrower.
>>
>>136110303
>It never happened to me before
it's a new mechanic. If you wanna make a fire, bring a brazier.
>>
>>136110629
Another update:
Game crashed due to error when I was watching my last moments.
Now I'm back with healthy character, I have to accept that I lost, though.
>>
>>136109352
You can make fire rings, don't ever make a fire unless you have a fire ring or pit.
>>
File: RIP In Pepperoni.png (46KB, 959x643px) Image search: [Google]
RIP In Pepperoni.png
46KB, 959x643px
>>
Is Krav Maga pure cheese?
>zombie hulk comes after me
>punch it
>stunned
>keep punching it
>kill it
>lmao
>>
>>136112275
90% of the unarmed techniques are pure cheese. Krav maga is hardly the strongest, even.
>>
Is there a mod for cata that removes the memes?
>>
>>136112812
well, yeah.
There was dildon'ts.
>>
>>136113062
I wanted to give the game a fair whirl even though I'm fairly prejudiced against it, but the thing I'm greeted with is
>pics or it didn't happen LOL
really puts me off
>>
>>136113485
There's builtin mods to remove certain things, though I don't remember ever seeing that.

Shows how much I read messages, I guess!
>>
File: Can't stop.png (47KB, 119x216px) Image search: [Google]
Can't stop.png
47KB, 119x216px
Aye pharaoh, your time will come...
>>
>>136114278
Maybe I'll find it, but it could be a real challenge.
Dear god, this game really IS the bloat-simulator.
>>
>>136114679
From what I've read in /rlg/, the cleanse-it-with-notepad++ anons remove cdda bloat by deleting large swaths of the .json files that create the stuff they don't like.
>>
File: poster-pony-168241.jpg (67KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
poster-pony-168241.jpg
67KB, 500x333px
>>136114968
>the cleanse-it-with-notepad++ anons
it was me anon
it was me all along
>>
File: FeSu.jpg (46KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
FeSu.jpg
46KB, 604x604px
>You know you've been playing too much ADOM when...
> 49. At church, when the priest steps up to the altar, you suddenly stand up, raise your arms to the heavens, and shout, "Ssraxx, I 'O'ffer you this sacrifice!" Then you are confused as to why the priest isn't consumed by roaring flames.
>>
>>136115717
The altar mechanics are indeed stupid.
>>136115484
No it wasn't.
>>
>>136116343
I see your game
>>
>>136116416
Is that a Rare(tm) un-bloaxed royal jelly?
>>
>>136116620
Are there any others?
>>
File: royal_jelly.png (639B, 32x48px) Image search: [Google]
royal_jelly.png
639B, 32x48px
>>136116692
Bloaxed royal jelly.
>>
>>136116976
it was rethorical anon
that is the real royal jelly, the one and only
>>
Okay I give up on cata, this shit is worse than DF.
>>
>>136117725
The best possible choice.
>>
File: zot5.png (452KB, 1197x966px) Image search: [Google]
zot5.png
452KB, 1197x966px
>marking myself on zot:5

good idea or best idea?
>>
>>136117725
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
>>
>>136117725
Dunno, it doesn't eat up whole CPU.
>>
>>136118205
>>136118569
I figured that there has to be something to the game when there are so many people playing, but it appears to just be autism after looking at their forum for a while.
I'll just learn a *hack, seems like less of a headache.
>>
>>136118873
Well, it's about surviving in world when EVERYTHING went horribly wrong.
So you have manage resources, build stuff and practically anything else that helps you in survival. That's why they add new stuff every moment.
>>
File: chuck.png (491B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
chuck.png
491B, 32x32px
>looking through the crawl rltiles uniques file
Wow, lot of unused stuff in here.
Or its in sprints, I don't play those.
>>
Have you done tormenting me with your accursed bloat?
It's abominable!
>>
>>136120575
Chuck is sprint, just skimmed over that bit in the learndb.
>>
File: giaggostuono.png (534B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
giaggostuono.png
534B, 32x32px
>>136120575
>>
File: jormungandr.png (382B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
jormungandr.png
382B, 32x32px
>>136120816
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-17-16-52-16.png (70KB, 959x763px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-17-16-52-16.png
70KB, 959x763px
>>136109983
Don't worry, karma got me
NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
>>
>>136118873
>going on official forums
This is where you went wrong.

If you don't like sandbox games, you won't like DDA.
>>
File: lamia.png (488B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
lamia.png
488B, 32x32px
>>136121060
;_;
>>
>>136120816
>Click on image
>It opens it's eyes
WOAH
>>
>>136120575
Chuck also chucks large ruks with an ego.
>>
File: orb_guardian_fetus.png (351B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
orb_guardian_fetus.png
351B, 32x32px
>>136121371
>filename
We /CDDA/ now.
>>
>>136122110
jesus christ
>>
>>136122110
>the orb is actually an egg
Zot's secrets revealed
>>
File: iron_elemental.png (378B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
iron_elemental.png
378B, 32x32px
This seems sprint-y.
>>
FR: eat orb guardian fetuses to gain new mutations
>>
>>136123000
Fucker sometimes generates in the Menkaure sprint.
>>
How deep is the Infra Arcana dungeon?
>>
File: large_rocks.png (13KB, 489x134px) Image search: [Google]
large_rocks.png
13KB, 489x134px
jesus christ large rocks are strong, I never knew
>>
This Brogue vault appears to be completely inaccessible, but can be seen through a statue. Is there a hidden lever, or do I need tunneling/shattering/blink?
>>
>>136124339
32-35 floors.
Spoiler: There is a boss fight on floor 20.
>>
>>136124457
Are you playing an OgHu? What are you using until you get a sizable amount of big ruks, maces or slings/blowguns?
>>
>>136124668
Is getting 11 floors down good for my 5th try?
>>
>>136124724
I'm playing OgWz of Ashenzari, didn't even pick up a single large rock until I was past XL 27, used haste+GSC until then
>>
>>136124662
Either there's a lever, a scroll of shattering on the level or the statue will shatter into a monster when you get close. Note that shattering will destroy levers so search first.
>>
>>136125078
Yes. It's very good. I find that I usually have a hump around D3-6, but characters that I get past that usually get quite far.
>>
>>136125108
I see. An anon posted a Rukky win in the last thread and that made me try an Ogre as well. Was curious as to how to build him;
I think I'm focussing on throwing too much and should start out as an otabber with maces.

Ogres are squishy as fuck, too.
>>
How much throwing skill do you need for thrown stones to outdamage slinged stones?

Or are slings always ahead because of crosstraining?

>>136124724
When I play oghu I use maces as a primary offense with ruks for scary things like adders or ogres, at least until I meet grandpa oka and start raiding his attic.
>>
>>136125641
Does he gift BIG STONES often? I'm mostly getting tomahawks or random javelins from him when playing other chars, though I never picked him with a large race.
>>
>>136125862
He doesn't give big ruks to non-big races because only big races can throw big ruks.
>>
>>136125972
Yeah, that's why I'm asking how often large races get them.
I'll just try it out on my next run, was just curious if you can rely on papa Oka.
>>
deep elf demonologist right next to the Vaults entrance, abyssed me on the first turn after it woke up with a 13% chance to bypass MR.
>>
File: laughingelves.gif (875KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laughingelves.gif
875KB, 500x281px
>>136126472
>>
File: fucking nodens.png (7KB, 743x71px) Image search: [Google]
fucking nodens.png
7KB, 743x71px
>>136121063
death_by_eating
nice

>>136121391
whoah, yeah cool

>>136126472
pic tangentially related
>>
>>136127002
PCB info?
in MY leandb?
>>
File: fuk.png (2KB, 302x29px) Image search: [Google]
fuk.png
2KB, 302x29px
>>136126472
an eventful trip so far
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (9KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_9.png
9KB, 640x431px
>>136121063
Still my favourite cause of death in any roguelike.
>>
>>136127002
I'm triggered just reading that.
>>
>>136121110
>This is where you went wrong.
Yeah.
The devs are obnoxious faggots as well.
I expected something other than post-apocalyptic Sims with all the stuff-paks and zombies.
>>
>>136127301
>leandb
More like bloatdb.
Anyways, the learndb that comes from has a lot of PCB stuff.
>>
File: goodbye lich.png (5KB, 560x60px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye lich.png
5KB, 560x60px
abyss being a cool guy for once
>>
>>136127896
>An Arch Lich comes into view.
>>
Brogue depth 10

I've found a haste charm, a teleport charm, some unenchanted banded mail, a +1 war axe. A cursed whip (enchanted it off eventually) and a cursed ring. Two potions of strength, three scrolls of enchantment. That's about it.

d8 had no less than dozen centipedes, 9 had a pack of ogres so I teleported away directly into a pit bloat, which dropped me into a swarm of vampire bats on 10. I have a +0 dagger and +0 banded mail, no offensive staves, and a cursed ring.

I've had a lot of fault in Brogue, I'm a joke, but this is not mine.
>>
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/1db11748a30f

>Hellfire -> Damnation

>Hellfire has long been somewhat bizarre: it's fire-like in some ways, melting ice and burning scrolls (RIP), but not in others.
>Most notably, it does not check rF. The fundamental mechanical properties of the effect (totally irresistible damage) are useful, but the theme conveys those effects poorly.
>>
>>136125617
>>136125617
yea, it's really frustrating early on with ogres because RNG is especially prominent with them. You gotta either kill the monster in 1 or 2 whacks or take a buttload of damage
>>
>>136128360
Doesn't really do anything, but its kind of neat I guess.
>>
>>136128360
but that's how hellfire works in every roguelike that has it...
>>
>>136128676
Not Crawl
>>
>>136128084
gib seed
>>
OK, so I started this run today, and im still super new. found a military surplus and a grocery store next to each other with a bunch of houses and shit. Got a backpack and kevlar and combat boots out of the surplus, and im going through the store now. What do i do? I dont have materials to refit stuff, and i cant wear the kevlar or boots without mad encumbrance. Brute to the northwest and what looks like fungal shit in the center of town.
>>
>>136129067
found the succubus
>>
>>136129067

I died on depth 13 after spending all of my resources trying to escape from the hordes of enemies I wasn't strong enough to fight (see: everything)

If I had foreknowledge I would've enchanted the axe instead of my haste charm, but I assumed I would find another weapon at some point.
>>
>>136129179
What's that, roguenexus?
>>
>>136129597
nah, its on my local machine, actually. also i found like a billion tailor kits, scissors, bleach, and an endless supply of other shit. can i use the scissors to cut down other shit to make rags and refit my clothes? also i have food forever now i guess
>>
>>136129810
>can i use the scissors to cut down other shit to make rags and refit my clothes
anything that can cut works the same as scissors, they're useless.
Lots of items in DDA serve no purpose. You'll get used to it.

tailor ktis are good to sew clothes.

Read pasta.
>>
>>136129810
If you apply your tailor kit it will tell you your chance to refit your clothes. It's probably not very good unless you happen to have a lot of tailoring skill.
>>
File: magick.png (32KB, 666x409px) Image search: [Google]
magick.png
32KB, 666x409px
jesus. I haven't played Pakellas since before he started gifting magic potions.

If you're primarily using rods rather than wands you get a SHITLOAD of them.
>>
I'm starting nethack after dcss, cdda, elona. What variant should I play? Something more fun and less balanced maybe
>>
>>136133228
>less balanced

probably slashem extended
>>
>>136134179
He asked for fun
>>
>>136134179
Isn't that the one where Anon died to a farting butt trap?
>>
File: died like he lived.png (32KB, 800x511px) Image search: [Google]
died like he lived.png
32KB, 800x511px
>>136137352
Dunno about that, but I have this.
>>
The wiki says that chaotic elven rangers/priests are guaranteed Stormbringer for their first sacrifice gift if they #name Orcrist and Sting before sacrificing.

I've found an altar, elven broadswords and elven daggers, and I'm a priest with no better weapon than my starting, +1 mace. Should I #name Orcrist and Sting, get Stormbringer, and accept that I'm not going to get any more artifacts for the rest of the game, or should I wait for a decent weapon to appear somewhere?
>>
>>136141282
Wait until minetown at least, see if you can get a magic lamp first.
>>
File: cube.png (54KB, 1042x580px) Image search: [Google]
cube.png
54KB, 1042x580px
>try building a vehicle without using an existing one as a base
>can't figure out how to balance the wheels
I just want to get it to movable so I can drive over to get more parts.
>>
>>136142257
you just need the center of mass to be somewhere between where the wheels are.

I don't see how it's even possible to make an unbalanced vehicle unless you only have 3 wheels or something
>>
>>136141457
I have cleared the Gnomish Mines (it was orctown unfortunately) already and I'm currently on Dungeons of Doom 10. I am Xp 12. I am only alive through a combination of huge AC and Elbereth spam.

Point's moot now though. I'd accidentally angered my god, sacrificed some stuff to make him less angry, and apparently sacrificed a little too much because he gave me Stormbringer even without me naming Orcrist/Sting. Now is the time to blow all those Enchant Weapon scrolls I was saving.
>>
>>136142474
The four Os are my wheels, with the top two steerable.

It's a rectangle, I'm not sure how the center of mass could be outside the wheels.
>>
>>136142257
>Not double framed to prevent getting fucked by zombos
>No water tanks
You have a lot of welding to do anon. I had that issue when I was building my metal gear home. You just need like 5 wheels on each side for HUGE things like that. I was unbalanced until I had 6 treads on each side. I hope you have a welding rig. Its almost livable as is.
>>
>>136143145
Yeah, it's not finished yet. I figured it'd be easier to slap on the bare minimum needed to get it drivable instead of fixing up broken cars and driving them back for parts.

Will try adding more wheels.
>>
File: wheelmobile.png (56KB, 1043x582px) Image search: [Google]
wheelmobile.png
56KB, 1043x582px
>>136143470
Send help.
>>
>>136144476
More wheels anon. MORE. It'll probably get better once you start welding shit on the inside. Throw in some trunks, add a bed, put in like 19 water tanks and another engine, some more batteries, some solar panels, some aisles and aisle lights, a FOODCO cooking stove, one of those chem labs, a vehicle forge, some trunks and a funnel or two. You might be OK after that.
>>
File: ionlyplayrealroguelikes.png (145KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ionlyplayrealroguelikes.png
145KB, 700x700px
>>
File: i dont get it but okay.png (60KB, 1041x584px) Image search: [Google]
i dont get it but okay.png
60KB, 1041x584px
>>136144804
Figured it out, I needed to put a wheel on the final row of the car for some reason. Wonder if it has to do with the location of the "starter" frame, since that was on the last row (on prebuilt cars it's the driver's seat, I think).
>>
File: zero driving skill.png (156KB, 1321x706px) Image search: [Google]
zero driving skill.png
156KB, 1321x706px
>>136148349
I'm off to a good start!

It was six mph seriously girl why did you explode.
>>
File: cars.png (8KB, 1140x25px) Image search: [Google]
cars.png
8KB, 1140x25px
>>136148987
>>
>>136148349
that car is big as fuck

I don't think you'll actually ever be able to cross a bridge in it and it'll be a pain in the ass to pass by wrecks on city streets
>>
>>136148987
Get some wingmirrors and tape them to the sides of your car so you can get rid of your door walls.
>>
>>136150651
this except inboard mirrors instead because they aren't worthless and last more than 5 seconds
>>
>>136151142
>crashing your carfu into things
>not tenderly loving it and keeping it in pristine condition
Your car is old and busted! OLD AND BUSTED!
>>
>>136148987
I now have focus: 1 and am too sad to even cook meat.

Don't accidentally run over your friends, folks.

>>136150651
I plan on moving the driver's seat out of the door box eventually.
>>
File: fucking elves.png (234KB, 444x604px) Image search: [Google]
fucking elves.png
234KB, 444x604px
>>
File: all better now.png (96KB, 1324x704px) Image search: [Google]
all better now.png
96KB, 1324x704px
>>136151413
It takes about five days until you can do anything aside from repair clothes and construction (probably a bug that you can do things with the construction menu).
>>
>>136154857
there are some other ways to increase morale too. I haven't played any CDDA, but from lurking in /rlg/ I know that reading magazines, playing gameboy minigames, drugs, and using anal vibrators can make you ludicrously happy despite terrible negative modifiers.
>>
File: i made it.png (63KB, 1044x571px) Image search: [Google]
i made it.png
63KB, 1044x571px
>>136150651
Apparently my car is so fat I can't see shit even with mirrors. I can already tell I'm going to back it into everything.

>>136155346
Those are short-lived, though, so when you are that unhappy they are only really useful for starting a seven hour forging project or something.
>>
>Can't sleep, drive to local 24 hour store to get some snacks
>On the way there, spy TWO industrial plastic barrels by the roadside
>Haven't even played cata in a while but I want to swipe them
I swear, those barrels are calling to me. Last time it was just the 1. It must be some elaborate trap. Even if I did take them, I wouldn't know what to do with them.

>>136157317
Looking good. You gotta put more mirrors on, further down the chassis. It'll let you see further and further the more you tack on. I think metal gear had 6 total mirrors, and the only spot I couldn't see was 4 spaces directly behind the vehicle. I like deconstructing vehicles, rags and buildings when my @ gets depressed. Even foraging lets you stay productive.
>>
>>136158040
>I wouldn't know what to do with them.
Put a funnel on them catch water, of course.

>I like deconstructing vehicles, rags and buildings when my @ gets depressed.
I was too depressed to even remove parts from cars (unless you mean "deconstructing" them with a sledgehammer).
>>
>>136158482
Gotta slam jam those wreckages for infinite steel lumps! Gather all the plastic too, and butcher those zombo corpses. So much to do in Cata. Pity you can't make flour when you're depressed, it'd be a perfect way to blow a day or two like that.
>>
>>136158482
I'd probably make a cathouse out of them, or try to use them for a garden contraption. Once I have a garden anyway.
>>
>>136158040
I am once again driven to laughter by irl catanon

Some day your sanity will snap and you'll end up as a crazy hobo under a bridge turning wooden frames into shopping carts while playing guitar, ever fearful of moving too quickly while turning, and never sure whether it's possible to ascend up the slope to the bridge's surface because it's not clear if Z levels are implemented in this reality
>>
File: MrIbeandtheotabcrew.jpg (1MB, 3418x2403px) Image search: [Google]
MrIbeandtheotabcrew.jpg
1MB, 3418x2403px
So what are you guys playing this fine night? I'm not feeling it tonight some I'm just watching some CFB videos. Might listen to a podcast.
>>
>>136162463
Elona. My little girl has hit over 600 in all her stats and I've barely passed 200 on my highest.
>>
>>136129410
on dungeon 1 I used a scroll of shattering to break into the treasure vault and get a staff of firebolt, lightning, obstruction, or poison
>>
File: brogue.png (254KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
brogue.png
254KB, 1000x1000px
>>136163283
Just found another staff on the ground on D:2

Golfbag wizard time
>>
>>136163717
And now a teleportation charm on depth 3- Either my Brogue is generating more loot than the first unlucky spelunker, or they missed a bunch of wizard junk somehow
>>
File: Notallthatisoverispast.png (11KB, 695x423px) Image search: [Google]
Notallthatisoverispast.png
11KB, 695x423px
>>
>>136166348
>tfw people still remember me
What a nice thing to wake up to
>>
>>136167545
You're a living meme now.
>>
>>136167545
In bring forgotten, you have become immortal.
How fickle fame is.
>>
How do I git gud at IA
>>
>D1
>Find a fucking +4 dagger
>as a fucking ghoul
Well I guess my claws are worthless now.
>>
>>136173124
Who #IRLCATA here
>need to get rid of small usb-key thing that creates a bank account following a personalized, built-in algorithm because I'm changing banks
>instead of just dropping it in water since it can't be opened, I start disassembling it with a hacksaw blade and pliers
>electronics skill too low
>you fail to recover electronic scrap(x1)
>you fail to recover a small LCD screen
>you finish disassembling your USB key.
Now I've got a 3 volt Li-ion battery and a plastic chunk!
>>
>>136173124
I didn't mean to quote that last post but anyway
>dagger
>better than claws
Are you joking or are you just really really dense?
>>
>>136173723
Dunno, seems like a good thing till he gets Unarmed up to 6-8.
another anon
>>
Oh wait it was just +3, still.
>>136173723
>Dagger
1d4+4 80% base
>Claws
1d8+1 80% base

6.5 average is strictly better than 5.5 average unless there is some hidden bonus to claws that I don't know about.
>>
>>136173916
Should be more accurate too.
>>
>>136173916
Not to mention double stabbing damage and silent combat.
Though I figure you assumed I was talking about crawl, it's IA.
>>
>>136173916
The hidden advantage of claws is that you're training unarmed. What sort of madman would train unarmed while killing things with a knife?
Hell, even a mummy has no trouble killing the dudes up to 5 unarmed and those guys have a -2 apt.
>>
>>136174103
>Though I figure you assumed I was talking about crawl, it's IA.
OH.
Yeah that's a top notch weapon in IA.
>>
File: tender pharoah flesh.png (20KB, 879x513px) Image search: [Google]
tender pharoah flesh.png
20KB, 879x513px
Delicious.
>>
File: magical realm.png (83KB, 879x513px) Image search: [Google]
magical realm.png
83KB, 879x513px
What the fuck IA dev.
>>
>>136173602
>Brogue seed:1

HELP

>2 strength pots
>3 enchant scrolls
>ONE life potion
>only weapons are unwieldable Broad Sword and a 16 Javelin stack guarded by Eels on depth 5 or 6
>Two early monkey allies, woop de doo
>the ONE loot chamber I found has
>staff of hasting
>wand of empowerment
>scale mail
>leather
>splint mail (all these armors are nonmagical afaik, I've worn them all and none have saved me)
>ring of reaping (lmao no talismans or staffs tho)
>ring of light
and to get to that I have to fight a small army of toads and jackals

I found a staff of Obstruction the one time I managed to squeak past the vampire bat on D:6 but literally the only way I can kill things is with confusion potions and lava and sneaking runs out of steam once I hit the lava-illuminated Wraith/Salamander depths

the one saving grace is that the Pit Bloats drop you to relatively safe areas.

Should I enchant the javelin stack? That seems like a retarded idea but I have nothing else
>>
>>136174548
woops, didn't mean to respond
>>
>>136174509
No reason to get pissed off when you can get pissed... on
>>
>>136174509
YOU DON'T LIKE DANK FUCKING MAYMAYS xD?
>>
File: nice hallway.png (11KB, 879x513px) Image search: [Google]
nice hallway.png
11KB, 879x513px
It's like the time I had both lungs blocked by Zot traps as a Fo.

>>136174548
Are you... replaying seeds?
>>
File: power corridor.png (13KB, 879x513px) Image search: [Google]
power corridor.png
13KB, 879x513px
>>136174694
The poison ooze wounding me after the !3rd! trap summoned it was the kicker.
^^
>>
>>136174694
Isn't that the point of them existing? I mean I could just splat characters until I found a +4 Staff of Soft Ground but that honestly sounds more scummy than trying the same seed multiple times.
>>
>>136175000
I always figured they were for new players to learn what items do, for testing, and for playing with/against others.
>>
>>136175124
Well whatever the one true purpose of seeds is, I enchanted my javelins to cut through goblins after I read Aggravate Monsters and now they're all mulched, so that idea was indeed retarded

I found a locked iron door on depth 7, maybe there's something that can save me inside
>>
More games should have an extensive crafting system.
>>
>>136175320
Less games should have crafting at all.
>>
fug, I stealthed past a horde of goblins, killed a horde of kobolds that was holding a goblin mystic prisoner, then had to flee from a pack of Vampire Bats that I'm pretty sure wasn't on Floor 7 last time.

Also, now I have no food.
>>
>>136175524
>starving in Brogue
Oh anon.
>>
>>136175524
Welp, I burned all my consumables getting to dungeon 8 but the bats followed me.

Leather armor from vault confirmed not magic, I guess.
>>
>>136175785
If you're so tuff why don't you play Seed:1 and discover the pro strategy then
>>
>>136175320
Crafting shouldn't even exist.

It's just bloat, pure bloat.
>>
>>136173602
Noice.
>>
File: Screenshot_14.png (127KB, 1097x643px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.png
127KB, 1097x643px
>>136176067
>>
>>136177270
Bravo anon, when I tried using the broadsword I literally died to goblins and jackals because of missing over and over so I assumed it was a waste of time if my STR was too low

Guess I'll try enchanting it again

Also where'd that +3 leather come from- the D:4 vault, or later? I coulda sworn it wasn't magical...
>>
>>136177552
There is a vault with a +3 runic leather armour on some floor. IDK, I don't really pay attention to floor numbers until the teens really.
I can post my recording if you want to see how I did things.
>>
>>136177738
nah, I think I know which vault it must be then- I just have to avoid being Bat'd
>>
>>136177928
(was not able to avoid being bat'd)
>>
>>136178445
Obstruct them.
Also Goblin Mystics and +3 broadsword makes for easy batslaying.
Are you not freeing the mystics?
>>
>>136178613
Not on the run I got bat'd I didn't because I got chased away

Now I'm back to my 'best' depth, where I get smoked by Wraiths when I run out of Obstruction charges and my Mystics keep getting killed by hasted conjurers and other delights

But I have seen the light of the laboriously-wielded +3 broadsword, so thanks for that
>>
>>136179764
Nigga why are you not wearing armour?!

Yeah, with a couple of enchants, even heavy weapons can be worth using at -2 or -3 strength simply because they will one shot everything early except ogres despite the accuracy loss.
>>
>>136179908
I forgot Acid Blobs existed and only was carrying what I was wearing, ended up with -5 scale mail and dropped it. Not that +0 leather armor would have saved me from a wraith...
I keep getting chased off the floor with the altar and the locked door, which is where you presumably found that +3 leather.
>>
>>136180215
You'll get there one day anon.
>>
>>136180408
Not tonight though, I'm going to make a vague analogy and go to sleep

Playing the same seed multiple times is kinda giving me a 'Dark Souls' vibe.
>>
>install Crouton on my Chromebook so I can play more roguelikes offline
>only one I can get to work is Forays Into Norrendrin using Mono

Anybody else /linux/ here? I'm a complete fucking noob at Linux. In particular, I'd like to get Sil, Brogue, and IA running on my craptop.
>>
>>136168732
>>136170031
idk if i should be proud or ashamed or something else
>>
>>136183049
Read the fucking manual, anonymous.
>>
>>136183980
Whatever you feel like. Maybe both.
>>
>can defeat shocker zombie
>get wrecked by survivor zombie
Damn, those bastards are strong - 6 melee skills and 3 dodge.
>>
>>136186071
literally how did you get yourself fucked up b y a survivor zombie? they're very weak
>>
File: brogue.jpg (234KB, 1403x851px) Image search: [Google]
brogue.jpg
234KB, 1403x851px
I feel like this is a good run. Im not sure what weapon I should use though, any advice?
>>
>surrounded by 80 zombies
>no moltovs
what do
>>
>>136187417
Well, you can't surround them back, so do you have any other explosives or a car nearby?
>>
>>136187584
Do cars even blow up?
>>
>>136187703
I was suggesting running over the zombies in the car, but if the car explodes that might work too, if you have a way of making it explode in the first place
>>
>>136188136
Cars only explode if there's some gasoline left in the tank. Plus if there's not much the explosion will be just 3x3 and it won't be any good.
>>
>>136183049
read the manuals, anon.
Alternatively run them in wine if you don't want to read the manual and git gud at loonix.
>>
>>136163924
>>136163717
>>136163283
I got the teleportation charm, may have forgotten to mention it. The second staff was protection and barely worth mentioning.

I was the guy earlier in the thread who fucked up the scroll of shattering and couldn't get into the vault, completely forgot at the time that I was whining about the seed.

How'd you do, anyway?
>>
I really like brogue's puzzles, but I hate the ally system because roguelike AIs are retarded and there's no way to control them, either.
Is there a way to play brogue without them?
>>
>>136190039
I just use them as canon fodder desu
I heard that ally build is the easiest way to win but I never really tried
>>
>>136183049
I have no idea what distro you're running, but on my Parabola setup I just needed a few sdl libraries to run the latest build of IA. It runs perfectly.

Brogue should be in your respective repository or you can grab the linux builds off the site and it should install without an issue.
>>
Death isnt real
>>
File: MuMofesto Updated.jpg (931KB, 988x4967px) Image search: [Google]
MuMofesto Updated.jpg
931KB, 988x4967px
>>136195754
Nothing is real
Nothing but MuMo
>>
>>136195754
Undead shouldn't be playable as they've technically already died which means you aren't playing a real roguelike
>>
File: It didn't use to be like this.jpg (84KB, 427x474px) Image search: [Google]
It didn't use to be like this.jpg
84KB, 427x474px
Stop trying to suicide. One day I won't be here for you.
>>
File: uhhh.png (20KB, 516x203px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.png
20KB, 516x203px
Where will YOUR spawn be when some adventurer reads a scroll of genocide?

This advertisement paid for by the Monster Mothers Society
>>
File: 1329572802660.jpg (73KB, 434x537px) Image search: [Google]
1329572802660.jpg
73KB, 434x537px
>>136200731
>This list is incomplete, you can help by expanding it.
>>
How come centaurs and naga have bardings but shit cats have no armour

Cat armour

Where

Fuck
>>
>pot of exp on D 4
>get to 13 unarmed
I feel the tab overtaking me
>>
You know what
that's so lucky I'm gonna worship xom

Why the fuck not
it'll be fun
>>
>>136201694
cat armor is in their 9 lives, duh
>>
Engaging turbomummy energyscumming techniques
>>
Nope
not even

it was fun though

the only thing that can top 5 Dyaks camping the lair entrance is the fact that the lair staircase is in a 1x2 corridor
>>
>>136198672
I've filled my shit/bumpposting quota yesterday, somebody else has to do the job.
>>
>>136205316
fuck it then

I'm just not gonna care anymore
>>
>>136206956
Can't play roguelikes rn, have to eat really bad.
>>
What's the best wall type to build in DDA? I'm guessing metal because it sounds tougher than wood, doesn't take six hours to build like stone, and it's built out of car parts so it's easy to make (unlike brick or concrete).
>>
File: 1437263599468.jpg (22KB, 286x496px) Image search: [Google]
1437263599468.jpg
22KB, 286x496px
How important is diagonal movement to a roguelike? I'm making one just for fun, but it seems like it causes more problems than it's worth.

>you can just walk between two walls diagonally placed, thus a fence that runs diagonally may as well not even exist
>you move faster by using diagonals
>unless you make it take longer, which might lead to your character being double attacked

Why is this the standard? It seems like hexagons or even 4 directional movement would be better and less, I hate to use this word... problematic.

I'd just remove it, but from reading online roguelike players trashman.jpg your game if it doesn't have diagonal movement.
>>
>>136207407
the best wall type is car

unless you're even more autistic than the average roguelike player and you want to roleplay something, there's no reason to build a stationary base
>>
>>136207407
>What's the best wall type to build in DDA?
Yep, metal.
They're the strongest and most easy to build. They're almost too strong.

By the way not even a hulk can destroy a metal wall if I remember correctly.
>>
>>136207767
Diagonal movement is not critical for something to be a roguelike, even though it's common. If you're making a roguelike and don't like diagonal movement, don't allow it. Brogue, for example, does not permit diagonal movement around corners (though it's allowed in open spaces)
>>
Is there a way I can get guaranteed rods? Really enjoyed my last DsMo with shitloads of evocation and 4 different rods and trinkets
>>
File: brogue experience.png (2KB, 388x20px) Image search: [Google]
brogue experience.png
2KB, 388x20px
Everything is going well!
>>
>>136207767
>you can just walk between two walls diagonally placed, thus a fence that runs diagonally may as well not even exist
You don't have to allow this, Brogue doesn't for example.

Pretty sure hexagons aren't used because it's not as easy to use (like making fixed parts of maps look nice or having keyboard movement work intuitively). But if you can make it work, why not go for it.
>>
>>136208018
If you worship Trog or Pakellas, wishing for a staff with a scroll of acquirement guarantees a random rod.
>>
>>136208405
Cool might go for that
>>
>>136208018
Pakellas always gifts a rod at 4* and can gift more evocable items afterwards.
>>
>>136202927
A better armor would be not dying at all
>>
>>136209402
then go spriggan
>>
File: 1339625301785.jpg (29KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1339625301785.jpg
29KB, 396x400px
>find ripped jeans that fit in DDA
>they don't have the "very fancy" tag
>>
>>136209402
so don't die? There are plenty of 15-rune felid wins that kept all of their 9 lives intact. Heck, not that long ago an anon posted a a chei-worshipping one of those.
>>
>Play Infra Arcana
>Be in a corridor
>Zombies coming from one side
>Snakes from the other
>Hide in room and bolt the door
>Monsters stack up on door
>Read manuscript for last chance of something good
>mfw "you've read a manuscript of opening"
>>
>>136211242
>laughingworms.exe
>>
>>136211242
>IAdevpostinglaughingdickdastardly
>>
>>136211242
heh
>>
>>136211242
I keep coming up with cool names because I don't want my could-be best character to have a stupid name. But after dieing on level one again and again I called my character Pornobob. Pornobob is now alive and kicking on dungeon level 4.
>>
>>136187159
Fought it in melee in early game, that's how.
>>
>>136214438
Okay I died by I poison needle shooting out of a chest when I opened it, from full health to zero.
>>
>>136215903
Yeah, it's easy to underestimate them early on. They are basically a brute that traded the smash attack for better stats.
>>
I was going to make a customized DDA map with a completely empty world and some resources on several different Z levels in strategical positions and blah blah blah

then I realized the sheer amount of work that entailed
>>
>>136190039
I heard there is a Brogue mod that allows you to give commands to your allies like in DCSS. Don't know where it is though.

Someone with the knowhow really should create a Brogue mod with no allies.
>>
File: never ever.jpg (40KB, 423x455px) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
40KB, 423x455px
>>136221286
Indirect ally management is part of the experience though.
>>
>>136221286
Unbrogue does this iirc.
>>
>>136221286
I genuinely don't see why if you don't like allies you don't just... not use them.

There are useless scrolls and mostly-useless potions, now you have a few useless wands and staves. Big deal.
>>
File: dicks plays dorf fort.png (7KB, 315x204px) Image search: [Google]
dicks plays dorf fort.png
7KB, 315x204px
>>
>>136208017
Which is why I don't like playing brogue.
Sometimes you can move diagonally, sometimes you don't.
>>
>>136222530
Sometimes you can move up, sometimes you can't. Because there's a wall in the way. That's fine.
>>
>>136222530
It's not like the rules for diagonal movement aren't consistent in Brogue.

Here's an experiment: go to up to a corner in your house and stand adjacent to it as you would if it were a square in a roguelike.
Now try to move diagonally to the square past the corner without phasing through the material of the corner or having to walk around it(i.e. two moves).
>>
File: walls.png (25KB, 965x532px) Image search: [Google]
walls.png
25KB, 965x532px
>>136222530
It's not that complicated. See pic.

You can't squeeze through the corners of your house, can you?
>>
>>136223865
>>136224152
It is consistent, it annoys me nevertheless when I'm coming from literally any other roguelike and keep running into the wall like a doofus, trying to cut the corner.
>>
>>136224152
This reminds me of the bi-ovular circle LOS that was recently removed
>>
>>136223865
>not phasing through the walls of your house
>>
>>136224152
This reminds me that the same thing happens in cdda, it's especially annoying because if your vehicle is facing a diagonal direction zombies can just walk inside your vehicle as if it had no walls.
>>
>>136211048
I meant "a better armor would be actual death prevention". That is: having a better ability to not die is superior to being able to return from death a limited number of times.
>>
>>136225846
I'm not a zombie and my house is not a vehicle, unfortunately.
>>
File: confirmed.jpg (75KB, 683x654px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed.jpg
75KB, 683x654px
>>136223865
Yeah, I guess you're right.
>>
>>136226492
I see hashirama has only activated 50% of his sage mode
>>
File: a68.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
a68.png
301KB, 520x678px
>>136222195
I can't tell if this is an edit or not.
>>
File: beds op.png (8KB, 589x51px) Image search: [Google]
beds op.png
8KB, 589x51px
So this is autism.
>>
File: There is but you cannot anymore.png (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
There is but you cannot anymore.png
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>136227489
>319
>autism
I don't think you fully understand "real" autism.

Like oat satan.
>>
File: vampiric.png (14KB, 555x121px) Image search: [Google]
vampiric.png
14KB, 555x121px
hoollllyyyyshhheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt
>>
>>136228197
>I was planning on farming the wizard of yendor.

This fucking guy.
>>
>>136228624
Why would you do that?
>>
>>136228197
big what

this guy should make a video or something
>>
>>136229068
maybe he's a VpEn.
>>
File: 1458758833279.jpg (12KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
1458758833279.jpg
12KB, 400x298px
>>136228197
>I'm banned in #nethack
>stenno got hilariously butthurt because I believe Jews caused the Bolshevik Revolution/Red October, and that banks were strongly invovled with the start of World War 2
>>
>>136229068
If hes a stabber or something, its good
>>
>>136229068
because I'm a spriggan enchanter
>>
>>136229885
He came back a couple weeks later and dug out the valley of death and put a single potion of holy water and a clove of garlic on every single tile.

Then he covered some of the pits with boulders and shaped them like swastikas.
>>
How does Ashenzari work with slots that are unavailable? Let's say feet for a Tengu or head for the Minotaur.
>>
>>136230060
Ah, so stabs are a big health infusion then?
>>
>>136231589
>so stabs are a big health infusion then?
it triggers 60% of the time and you get at most 1d(XL) hp out of it.
>>
>>136231341
It treats them as uncursed. Op and Fe of Ashenzari are suffering. Tr and Og aren't much better.
>>
>>136232543
and funnily enough, I was just playing an ashenzary character earlier that found the macabre finger amulet, so I was able to wear 4 pieces of cursed jewelry, and it was treated like I had only 3 jewelry slots and all of them were cursed. I was hoping I could get like an over-cursed super bonus to magic
>>
>>136232543
Ah, that sucks. It would probably be too strong for races with a lot of body slot restrictions, but if it works like you described, Ash is a big no-no for those races.
>>
>>136232870
ah yes, creepy finger
>>
>>136231929
>1d(XL)
Man, why is so much stuff involving HP calculation in crawl 1dx, or 1dy+1dz or (1da*1db)/1dc. Monster damage is the only thing which doesn't have huge variance like that.
>>
>>136232543
>Tr and Og
>TrOg
>Trog

oh

i get it now
>>
>>136232543
This is wrong, if you curse your hat is an Op, you are fully bound.

Felids are worse off in that they can't boost dodging because they have no slots to curse, but otherwise you aren't penalized for having less slots.
>>
all this talk of jewelry and octopodes has gotten my OpTm of chei boner back up, fuck I gotta have some

having a 150 sum of stats is a feeling I'll never be able to get over
>>
>>136233409
>This is wrong, if you curse your hat as an Op, you are fully bound.
are you telling me ash doesn't give a shit about your 8 fucking tentacle slots
>>
>>136233510
Ash does care about those for the purpose of jewelry.
A cursed hat fully binds you in armour though.
>>
>>136233510
Not for armour, because they aren't armour slots.

Even for jewellery it's better than normal as you can still be partially bound and have more swappable slots than other races.
>>
>>136233460
How do you survive until you even get 8 rings as an Op, stabby sneaky?
>>
>>136233460
>OpTm
>ever
>not OpAs

Being Op is suffering in the first D levels before spider form is online.
>>
>>136189837
>How'd you do, anyway?
I died like a bitch to a pink slime+Caustic Gas Trap

it was absolutely shameful
>>
>>136231929
>>136233289
Vampiric weapons don't depend on XL, they have a 60% chance to heal 1d(damage).

Vampires also get better use out of vampiric weapons -- 100% chance to trigger and 2-3x as much healing depending on whether the monster has drinkable blood, but this bonus healing (other than the normal 1dDamage) is capped at the vampire's XL.
>>
>Full moon tonight
>Full moon right now
Where my dynabros at
>>
>>136230074
vampirism sucks ass for spen

you do most of your stabbing while full hp, and the hunger cost fucks you over when switching between stabby and tabby weapons (e.g. rapier of elec)

the dagger of speed was way better. no difference with sleepstabs (which should oneshot everything anyways) but much higher damage when beating up confused or blinded enemies
>>
>>136237605
does vanilla nethack count?
anyways, obviously it matches between the game and reality. It checks the real world time when you launch the game.
>>
File: Doomed.png (173KB, 1280x2090px) Image search: [Google]
Doomed.png
173KB, 1280x2090px
Guise what do I do? Am I fucked?
>>
>>136239154
>.13

totally fucked in the head
>>
File: NEVER-SAY-DIE.png (22KB, 475x293px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER-SAY-DIE.png
22KB, 475x293px
>>136239301
>playing versions without lava orcs
Kill yourself devdrone, desu.
>>
>>136234924
Actually, i have more trouble in the Lair midgame. Meleeing as an Octopode the beasts of lair is hell, and avoiding Hydras isn't always an option when a pack of death yaks is on the other side.
>>
>>136239154
this is what you get for drinking toilet water
>>
>>136242667
see >>136239392
I had a wand of heal wounds. I managed to heal myself into non-lethal poison territory. To recap, that's an experience potion and a wand of heal wounds on D:3.
>>
File: happy.png (76KB, 788x521px) Image search: [Google]
happy.png
76KB, 788x521px
>gorge on vending machine contents
>728 morale
>so happy my morale list overflows the display window
It'll be gone in like fifteen minutes.
>>
>>136243265
just like real life :(
>>
>>136243265
why are there so many different food items in DDA?
>>
>>136245609
because variety is nice, and it's a vaguely simulationist game, I assume.

Nobody wants food to be reduced to VEGAN-JUNK-LARGE and MEAT-HEALTHY-SMALL and so on.
>>
>>136234696
You use stealth to very selectively choose who to rape the shit out of with blade hands and chei stats

>>136234924
the first few levels aren't that bad, Op melee is overpowered as hell and sticks to snakes is pretty handy
>>
>>136237826
I shouldn't be tabbing much as a stabber spriggan, because I don't have the AC for it

and getting vampiric stabs actually saves me satiation because I don't have to wait around for health to regen, I just fucking ensorcelled hibernate some low MR goon and take his health in a few auts

and if I do have to tab, spectral weapon gives me easy distraction stabs, which with the vampiric weapon is very nice free heals

and I don't think 1dXL heals is right, because I'm positive I've healed 30 HP on some stabs
>>
>>136247503
it's because idxl is completely wrong.

it's 1d(the damage you just did)
>>
>>136247503
>Not spamming hibernation and confusion on literally every dude
>>
>>136247503
but if you're not tabbing you don't need to wait for hp regen because you oneshot everything wihtout taking damage
>>
ash+passwall is too good, this is one of the few times stabber has felt powerful to me
>>
>>136248792
>3mp to cast spectral weapon and mop up a pack of nagas is worse than casting 2mp hibernation for all 4 of them
>>
>>136249479
>Killing nagas
>Still using spectral weapon
>You aren't casting hungerless bolts fucking everywhere, swinging around a demon sword or summoning up a pack of giga liches to mop up the dungeon
>Just spectral weapon
That is like having the option to eat whatever you want but you still eat maruchan ramen.
>>
>>136250127
DON'T YOU HATE ON MY RAMEN ANON
>>
>>136250236
I'm just saying man. SpEn can literally do anything, but you chose the lowest hanging fruit.
>>
>>136228197
This is great, thanks for posting.
>>
filename related. also, what god?
>>
>>136256804
Fedhas.
>>
>>136256804
Ashenzari: you've already been stricken with the curse of the Algerians, what's a few more?
>>
>>136256804
Definitely Ash, you're already cursed
>>
>>136256804
>>136257204
this desu senpai
>>
ugh I'm tired and I shouldn't roguelikes but part of my wants to anyways
>>
>>136261312
Part of me wants to try out some more DCSS, but first i gotta win nethack with the harder roles left
>>
>dismissed roguelikes as being too autistic and with too high of a learning curve for me
>friend showed me infra arcana
>try a couple times
>get addicted
>want more
>download most of the games in the pastebin and have enjoyed the ones I've tried so far

thanks guys
>>
File: poor little red O.png (12KB, 100x156px) Image search: [Google]
poor little red O.png
12KB, 100x156px
>conjurations build
>free a conjurer
It is time.
>>136263002
Your mistake was not knowing that autism=fun.
>>
File: thousand caustic cuts.png (14KB, 111x190px) Image search: [Google]
thousand caustic cuts.png
14KB, 111x190px
>>136263123
Well he didn't last long.
>>
>>136263123
I mean, I like some "autistic" games like kerbal space program or terraria and basically most sandbox games. I don't know why I didn't bother with roguelikes earlier. I'm sure it has some part to do with the lack of graphics per se. Now I think its pretty neat to play a game completely made from ASCII characters and not actual art
>>
File: pretty.png (42KB, 921x703px) Image search: [Google]
pretty.png
42KB, 921x703px
>>136263992
ascii can be pretty too anon
>>
Are there any Crawl LPers

with webtiles is that even necessary
>>
>Killed from afar by Jory (93 damage)
>... with a crystal spear

Holy molly.
>>
>>136266604
I have sometimes watched BountyHunterSAx on youtube. His octowitch run was entertaining for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jFOuwT1Cs&list=PLkzpGavm3916INoh0icfmLwlOXDeylThQ
>>
>>136267398
>SA
>>
File: lisp.png (12KB, 1237x50px) Image search: [Google]
lisp.png
12KB, 1237x50px
>>136267392
wow nice damage

pic vaguely related, your post reminded me of the crawl recursion thing

>>136267579
is it even meant as a Something Awful reference? Maybe it is I guess, but I never thought about that until now. I only know the guy through his youtube channel.
>>
>>136267579
That's where every good LP is nigga
>>
>>136267398
is that the fuckface that signs his reddit comments with -AHMAD for no goddamn reason

>check uploads
>3 month old Netrunner vids

IT IS
REEEEEEEE
>>
File: agressive sales campaign.jpg (54KB, 469x520px) Image search: [Google]
agressive sales campaign.jpg
54KB, 469x520px
Anyone know where I can get CodRL?

I tried the link in the pasta but it's dead.
>>
>>136268270
ree ree ree your boat
gently down the stREEEEEEam
angrily angrily angrily angrily
live is but a dREEEEEam
>>
>>136268706
nobody knows

it's in the pasta because it's always been in the pasta, but the link has never worked and nobody knows what it is
>>
>>136228197

ive never seen this before. This is fucking fantastic.
>>
>>135973428
New What to Play? Pasta: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f
>Removed CoDRL
>>
File: 1st rune.jpg (406KB, 1891x805px) Image search: [Google]
1st rune.jpg
406KB, 1891x805px
TrMo of Yred has proven to be a pretty fun concept so far.

First rune since coming back from a long roguelike break.
>>
File: thedarksoulsofroguelikes.png (589KB, 644x659px) Image search: [Google]
thedarksoulsofroguelikes.png
589KB, 644x659px
>>135973428
triangle wizard updated

iit's not a real roguelike but at least it's a randomly generated alphabet game

spam filter hates it, so:
trianglewizard dot webs dot com
>>
File: damn....png (571KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
damn....png
571KB, 1366x768px
damn nigga...
>>
>>136271002
inb4 rekt by icebeast
>>
>>136271076
or a rime drake i guess
>>
File: wat.jpg (24KB, 438x311px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
24KB, 438x311px
>>136271002
>>
After dying at nethack for a while I decided my next goal is now IA.

The problem is: I fucking suck at IA.

Im seriously getting bodied on the first like three floors. Anyone who is decent suggest some builds? It seems stealth is SO important in IA I don't want to use anything but a dagger wielding rogue or everything will swarm me at once.
>>
>>136272710
>Not killing the dudes
FIRST OF ALL, WE GO WAR VET. WE DIDN'T KILL THE DUDES IN NAM JUST SO SOME FRUITY CULTISTS COULD GET OUR GEOMETRY ORB. WE'RE GOING DEEP, WE'RE GOING HARD AND WE'RE GOING TO TAB.
TAKE MELEE 2, MELEE 3, DEX 1 AND PERCEPTION 1. PLAY AROUND FROM HERE BECAUSE I NEVER GOT A PROPER BUILD GOING WITHOUT IT ALL ENDING IN WORMFIRE.

ANYWAY, PICK UP THE BIGGEST WEAPON WITH THE BIGGEST HITDICE AND FUCKING SLAM JAM THE DUDES. YOU'LL ABSOLUTELY BODY EVERY NIGGA WITH YOUR 3D4+9 TRIDENT OF MAKING THIS DUNGEON GREAT AGAIN. KEEP A GUN SO THAT YOU CAN SHOOT THE MIGOS AND OTHER SPOOKY DUDES. I could only get to 14 or so preworm nerf, so you can probably get even deeper now. Especially now that weapons flying out of your hands was also nerfed. Should be cake.
>>
>>136272710
Stealth isn't that important.
I exclusively play melee war vets (with a sprinkling of 18.0 ghouls) and even though I am bad, I still get down to the teens and 20s every 7 or 8 characters.
>>
what mods should i use for C:DDA?
>>
>>136273171
isn't ghoul even tabbier than war vet? frenzy on demand for all your capslock and exclamation point needs
>>
>>136273171
HOOOOO RAHHH SARGE

I'LL GRAB THE BIGGEST SONOFABITCH I CAN SWING AROUND AND HIT DUDES AND GET BACK TO YOU
>>
>>136273389
I feel like their corpse eating makes them more selective about tabbing, and the ranged malus hurts a lot. I don't like them as much because they get absolutely wrecked by wounds. Next time I play, I want to try out their worm claws since that seems pretty fun.
>>
File: marksmanship 0.png (6KB, 361x48px) Image search: [Google]
marksmanship 0.png
6KB, 361x48px
>>136273196
The ones that sound fun or remove things you don't like.
>>
>>136273196
definitely add the dinosaur suit
>>
>>136273196
Blacklist > Disable religious texts
Blacklist > No Fungal Monsters
Blacklist > No Triffids
>>
>>136273615
Reminds me of this. Do npcs wield whatever they have on hand if they run out of ammo or something?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHkt5oEv_sI
>>
>>136273196
Remove all monsters and NPCs from the game.
>>
Somebody really needs to update the IA guide, when was it last done?

Anyone been playing the new Unreal World release? Any significant changes?
>>
File: welp.png (94KB, 1366x742px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
94KB, 1366x742px
Hey guys hows this gonna work out for me
>>
>>136274698
>Stamina |
>9 zombies
>But you crit for 95 with a fucking cudgel
You're probably going to get really fucked up, but I wouldn't be surprised if you killed them all.
>>
File: steinsgate-09-kurisu-sly-happy.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
steinsgate-09-kurisu-sly-happy.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>136274910
>there were a lot more around the corner
>there was 4 more and a cop behind me out of view
>I killed every last one of them
>Pain 26
>asprin on the bodies
>>
>>136274067
That sounds like a piece of art, really. A nihilistic piece of art about the futility of the everything, but art.
>>
requesting a cdda mod that replaces every item with either the fursuit or the vibrator
>>
give fat zombies an increased chance to drop fursuits and fedoras
>>
and katanas
>>
>>136277451
If they had katanas, they wouldn't be zombies now would they?
>>
File: 1458701044292.png (62KB, 200x233px) Image search: [Google]
1458701044292.png
62KB, 200x233px
>>136121063
>>136127504
>choked
>>
>>136277582
>implying that the average katana owner is physically fit enough to survive longer than 5 minutes

fucking your waifu pillow is fun but it's not good excercise
>>
>>136277582
They'd have shitty mall ninja katanas. You can't kill zombies with mall ninja shit.
>>
File: survivor naginata.png (106KB, 1491x1416px) Image search: [Google]
survivor naginata.png
106KB, 1491x1416px
I'm gonna craft it and you can't stop me this thing is the silliest weapon in the game
>>
>>136276893
Yeah. It's pretty depressing.
>>
>>136277745
Doesn't matter, katanas come with ancestral knowledge embedded in the blade or something, else they wouldn't have techniques.

Also, physical form does literally nothing in C:DDA; little kids, emancipated tweakers, cancer victims, otaku, all get the same value from the same stats. Carrying capacity is the same, movespeed is the same, the ability to read and understand military-secret-grade medical texts is the same.
>>
>>136278023
I'm slightly annoyed that they use the term survivor for makeshift stuff like the survivor marker and the survivor telescope but they also use it for heavily customized protective gear meant to help you survive almost anything like the heavy survivor suit.
>>
File: musclewizard.jpg (143KB, 510x616px) Image search: [Google]
musclewizard.jpg
143KB, 510x616px
>Dev team thinks mountain dwarves are too similar to minotaurs
>They bring it up to the dwarves
>tfw this is what caused mountain dwarves to get removed
The dev team really is too sensitive.
>>
>>136281502
Fucking hell, I forgot the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvJsG4F2Img
>>
File: omgriesenkillerraum.png (16KB, 652x331px) Image search: [Google]
omgriesenkillerraum.png
16KB, 652x331px
The Amy has made a new version (v165) of the most bloated trainwreck ever (a.k.a. slashem extended). Everyone can play online on our glorious server which runs the newest version: connect via ssh to [email protected] :-)
>>
>>136283042
We Know it's you amy
If you want to actually make people want to play slash'em, add nethack4's interface like dynahack did. The basic UI is complete bananas.
>>
>>136283042
Go finish ToME SX so I can enjoy dying to paralysis through FA and fighting BA_MANA casters at DLvl 25
>>
>>136246402
>Nobody wants food to be reduced to VEGAN-JUNK-LARGE and MEAT-HEALTHY-SMALL and so on.
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>136269262
Don't be silly anon. I downloaded it a year ago, it was a pretty boring and memetastic game as you'd expect, but it definitively existed.
>>
>>136283518
Get it from Github: https://github.com/AmyBSOD/ToME-SX/archive/master.zip :-)

By the way, BA_MANA casters can also appear in towns. Imagine walking up to the armor store to sell some loot when suddenly "It invokes a mana storm.--More-- You die. Dump the screen?" :D
>>
>>136284009
Epic.
Simply, simply epic, Amy.
>>
>>136284009
I don't need to imagine that, I played nightmare PCB and that specific thing happened at least two times.
>>
has anyone ascended a nightmare alwayssmalllevels alwaysinterestinglevels ironman lazy yeek tourist yet
>>
>>136283042
Amy do you think that if you got a healthy dose of dick once a day for a couple weeks you'd come to your senses and finally stop updating that mess?
>>
>>136284489
I tried that like five times. Nightmare with anything like AnRK is nigh impossible. And even then you find the mouth of sauron in Camelot 5 from time to time.
>>
>>136284489
No and no one ever will.
>>
>>136284710
yes but have you considered Git Gud
>>
>>136284796
If you win that while termcasting/livestreaming the entire thing I will eat my guitar.
>>
>>136284898
Sing a ballad for the MuMo winners
>>
>>136284898
what kind?
>>
File: inventoryfull.png (188KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
inventoryfull.png
188KB, 420x420px
>>
File: prechargedwishingwand.png (19KB, 652x331px) Image search: [Google]
prechargedwishingwand.png
19KB, 652x331px
Got to the wand of wishing at last... only to discover that I'm not gonna get more than two wishes from it!
>>
>>136288309
>7 wishes
May as well put the amulet of yendor and the altar in the fort as well, with a random 5% chance to die instead of winning because "lol slex"
>>
>>136288617
it's been charged 7 times, it has 1 charge currently

if the player actually attempts to charge a wand of wishing beyond once it'll blow up though

does slex allow wands of wishing as a result from polypiling?
>>
>>136288690
nah, slex is all about balance :D wished for a blessed greased fixed invisible +3 gauntlets of reflection, and a stone of magic resistance. Next wish (if I find one) will probably be a helm of drain resistance.
>>
>>136288932
I'm just wondering how it it had 7 recharges on it when you found it
>>
>>136289075
That can happen randomly, and wands can also randomly spawn with no charges or even pre-cancelled because "lol slex". So theoretically it's possible to get no wishes at all from clearing the castle. :P
>>
File: emoticons.jpg (184KB, 695x715px) Image search: [Google]
emoticons.jpg
184KB, 695x715px
fucking stop you whiny cunt
>>
:D
>>
:^)
>>
:^D
>>
8D
^me after eating pudding, lol!
>>
Just tried playing DCSS trunk after about 3 years without playing.

What the hell happened to the autopickup settings? Every time I ID a new scroll or potion, I have to press [\] to set it to autopickup.
>>
You see here a pair of sexy leather pumps. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 (By the way, the sexy leather pumps are sexy because I said that they are sexy. ;))
>>
>>136289373
probably something's fucked up and out-of-date with the autopickup settings in your rc file

just delete the lines about autopickup and it should use the default settings
>>
>>136289373
That sounds odd. It doesn't autopickup some potions, but it should pickup the most obviously useful ones. What isn't it picking up?
>>
File: crawl autopickup.png (116KB, 1292x1412px) Image search: [Google]
crawl autopickup.png
116KB, 1292x1412px
>>136289515
Just checked the init.txt, something is fucky here. Not seeing any of the options that I used to see back in 0.13 and before.

>>136289525
Potions are actually behaving normally after IDing, it's scrolls that are fucking with me. Had to toggle on un-IDed things and most food after starting the character as well.
>>
File: lair entrance.png (127KB, 1435x783px) Image search: [Google]
lair entrance.png
127KB, 1435x783px
Nice Lair entrance.
>>
>>136290042
You probably have the elephant graveyard. I'd pop a magic map and stay clear of anything that looks like a vault, since it'll have something like 20 elephants.
>>
>>136290521
Literally as bad as the dck fanboys.
>>
File: Of rogues and ponies 2.png (3MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Of rogues and ponies 2.png
3MB, 1920x1440px
>>136290521
Half the thread was filter stubs now. /rlg/ turned and looked toward them.

"Go on, /rlg/. When we gonna do it?"

"Gonna do it soon."

"Me an’ you."

"You…and me." Ever’body gonna be nice to you. Ain’t gonna be no more trouble. Nobody gonna insult nobody nor gonna shitpost at ‘em."

Ponyposter said, "I thought you was mad at me, /rlg/."

"No," said /rlg/. "No, Ponyposter. I ain’t mad. I never been mad, an’ I ain’t now. That’s a thing I want ya to know."

The voices came closer now. /rlg/ raised the rivshit gun and listened to the voices.

Ponyposter begged, "Le’s do it now. Le’s get that place now."

"Sure, right now. I gotta. We gotta."

And /rlg/ raised the gun and fixed his aim, and he brought the handmade survivor rifle scope of it close to the back of Ponyposter's head. The hand shook violently, but he took some diazepam and his face set and his hand steadied. He pulled the trigger. The crash of the shot rolled up the thread and rolled down again. Ponposter jarred, and then settled slowly forward to the sand, and he lay without quivering.

/rlg/ shivered and looked at the gun, and then he threw it from for five damage, back up the bank, near the pile of old ashes.
>>
):
>>
File: sadpanforlonelycrawlers.png (80KB, 650x1765px) Image search: [Google]
sadpanforlonelycrawlers.png
80KB, 650x1765px
And the best laid plans of rogues and knights
Often go askew
And leave us nothing but grief and pain
for promised loot!
>>
>>136273938
>Blacklist > Disable religious texts

>not getting spirital and optimist
>not getting massive morale bonuses from all these books
>>
>>136291507
I actually never bothered with reading books for morale bonuses. is it actually more efficient than just spending that time reading the skill book you wanted in the first place? is it obsoleted by music from a car radio?
>>
>>136291507
Maybe that's why he disables them?
>>
>>136292348
>I actually never bothered with reading books for morale bonuses
it's quite boring because of the sheer amount of times you have to read them and it quickly becomes a chore, unless you are an optimist cannibal reading to serve man in front of a fire.
you get +5 from being optimist, +12 for getting cozy (reading in front of a fire) and 93 from the actual book ( if you read it three times, 31x every read "action"), so you get immediately "Elated" for about half an hour and get +1 Int.

The alternative way is to read comic book and skill books but those skill books always have the double prompt( I'm looking at you, though the lens) "study even if you already learned everything in this book?" and "Reading this won't teach you anything, but it will be fun, do it anyway?"

Fucking hell, I just wanna read a book by pressing down r not r-y-y-r r-y-y-r r-y-y-r.
>>
File: brogue.png (292KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogue.png
292KB, 1616x1024px
heyo, /rlg/
It's time for me to play tipsy brogue! I've died a million times, usually getting down to dungeon 4-7, so doing it while drinking should surely benefit, right? All my aussie friends, feel free to grab some jack and coke and join me on a splatting adventure!
>>
File: brogue.png (280KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogue.png
280KB, 1616x1024px
First up is my most hated early level enemy, the monkey. How does /rlg/ kill it? I generally throw darts at it until it stops moving, but then I don't have any for bloats. I've tried cornering it in the past, but it doesn't look like I can do that here.
>>
>>136292627
You forgot to post your seed, you cunt.
>>
>>136292813
no idea how to do that. sorry.
>>
File: brogue.png (477KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogue.png
477KB, 1616x1024px
I went around the monkey and he stole one of my scrolls, then swam away. The scroll came back to me and now the monkey is swimming in circles in the pool. next pic will have my inventory.
>>
>>136292813
I died because goblins. How do I share my seed with this fine general? Running the game through windows at the moment
>>
>>136292862
~
>>
>>136291250
Lom Lobon is hostile by default and he has killed me indirectly before so I have no mercy for him.
In Cata, I usually don't kill enemies that don't attack me first, like dog, giant wasp, giant web spider, etc.
>>
File: brogueNew.png (195KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
195KB, 1616x1024px
>>136293070
Thanks anon. How does one type in a seed? Here's my new one.
>>
>>136293159
^N on the main menu.
>>
>>136293091
I always kill wasps eventually because it triggers my auto safety and they're pretty capable of raping you if you're toting cargo around instead of being combat ready.
>>
File: brogueNew.png (161KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
161KB, 1616x1024px
>>136293201
Thanks anon.
Level 1 was standard fare, 3 scrolls found, this level looks to have a vault.
>>
File: brogueNew.png (428KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
428KB, 1616x1024px
the key was guarded by a pit trap, i feel through to the next level and made my way back up here. Suggestions on the item to grab? I'd use the wand on allies, if i had any.
>>
>>136293464
Emp Wand>Negation Charm>Pike>Plate
>>
File: brogueNew.png (426KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
426KB, 1616x1024px
>>136293534
i forgot to show my inventory, but level 1 (or 2 i forget) had a +1 negation charm, and I enchanted that with +1. wand it is!
>>
File: brogueNew.png (430KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
430KB, 1616x1024px
end of level 3. How does /rlg/ recommend Id-ing potions? I normally try to save my scrolls of ID for staves, wands, rings, etc. But I have 1 of each of the different magical items, so it's hard to tell which is safe to use.
>>
>>136293782
>How does /rlg/ recommend Id-ing potions?
we don't even get enough brogue traffic to know that. I guess the pasta must have something about it.
>>
File: brogueNew.png (259KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
259KB, 1616x1024px
>>136293882
no worries, i remember reading something about quaffing them near stairs, by a door, while next to water, on stone. I'll Id after this next bit.
An ogre just walked north through this southeastern door. he's probably going to wreck my poor goblin buddy and I.
>>
File: brogueNew.png (148KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
148KB, 1616x1024px
as expected, he killed both of us in 2 hits each. I'm going to quaff Id as i find potions, that seems to get me farther along.
>>
>>136294060
>it was a potion of creeping death
>it was a potion of incineration
>it was a potion of death
>>
File: brogueNew.png (416KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
416KB, 1616x1024px
>>136294121
i just quaffed a potion of confuse and hallucination, found 2 more potions of levitation and another of hallucination. Found a vault, are any of these items good or should I try my luck with the vault 1 room over?
>>
>>136294231
quaff levitation and grab that key
>>
File: brogueNew.png (413KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
413KB, 1616x1024px
>>136294276
I did, came from the left and grabbed it. There are 2 vaults here, as you can see. the vault the key opened is >>136294231
Do I grab something there, or try my luck with the second vault?
>>
>>136294354
regen is a good ring
grab it
>>
File: brogueNew.png (353KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
353KB, 1616x1024px
quaffed a potion of descent, darkness, telepathy, strength, caustic cloud, fire immunity, and life.
>>
>>136293968
basically:

*be near the down stairs (or at least know where they are) so that if it's descent you land near them

*be near water so if it's incineration you can put yourself out

*be near a door (or downstairs) so you can run away from caustic gas or creeping death

and also
*make sure no enemies are around so they can't beat you up during paralysis/confusion/hallucination

then eat the potion and find out what it is

generally i don't bother identifying them until I have at least 2 or if there's a vault on the level and I'm hoping for magic detection
>>
File: brogueNew.png (262KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
262KB, 1616x1024px
>>136294807
duly noted. Those requirements definitely make sense.
This floor is a bit of a doozy. I found an gore ally, but he's surrounded by goblins. I guess I can throw confusion at them and hope for the best? i'd hit myself though. There is a pack of jackals to the north, and pink jellys and toads to the west.
>>
File: brogueNew.png (276KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
276KB, 1616x1024px
>>136294990
after pulling jellies, jackals, etc upstairs, I went to free the ogre thinking that he would save me from the rest of the goblins. Turns out that being at 80% hp isn't enough and I should have waited longer.
>>
File: brogueNew.png (290KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
290KB, 1616x1024px
I'm assuming most everyone is asleep, but is anyone still interested in my terrible playing? I can switch to a more popular rogue-like. Sil, poschengband, and DCSS are the others I have.
>>
>>136295718
>I can switch to a more popular rogue-like.
but why? Aren't you having fun?
>>
>>136295931
>Roguelikes
>Fun
>>
>>136295931
I am. However, I've never actually managed to beat one, and if brogue isn't played often here then I could play a game that more players are recently familiar with.
>>
>>136296103
>and if brogue isn't played often here then I could play a game that more players are recently familiar with.
but it'd be so nice to actually have more people playing brogue.
All we have nowadays is dcss wins.
>>
File: brogueNew.png (180KB, 1616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brogueNew.png
180KB, 1616x1024px
>>136296174
sounds good. I'll continue brogue. Maybe tomorrow after work (i get out at ~11PM cst) I can play some more and post the screens for tips/progress. I'll continue tonight, but don't expect too much because drinking. I do appreciate the help that I've been given so far, and I've written it down and taken it to heart.
>>
I know people shit on it for being a paid roguelike but is Qud good? I've literally never seen any discussion on it.
>>
>>136297558
I've just splatted an 11th-level character at Golgotha, so I can tell you a little about it.

It feels more like an RPG than a roguelike, but it is a roguelike. The story is barebones but the background is really interesting and fleshed-out. There are a lot of items, item qualities, and other sorts of collectible things, so it really tickles my loot-hording fancy. The tileset is good, but the message log system they use is a little wonky (but I've been playing Qud off and on since it was in beta and I've gotten used to it).

The character system gives you a lot of diversity, but many of the options you can choose from are really only useful if you know what you're doing. The easiest way to go is always going to be to build the equivalent of an o-tabber. However, once you've gotten good, there's a lot of depth to the character creation options.

There is a conversation system, an overworld, shopping and selling, a storyline, options to allow saving, a tileset, etc. The devs update fairly regularly but in small chunks and usually with somewhat unessential things.

I felt it was worth ten dollars.
>>
>>136297771
anonymous can you please stop this

I am the only one allowed to samefag in this general and I'm dead
>>
>>136290642
It's literally the same faggot posting different flavors of autism.
>>
>>136298178
>everyone who disagrees with me must be shitposting
Go jerk off about ponies or something oh my god.
>>
File: Do you have problems.png (251KB, 370x360px) Image search: [Google]
Do you have problems.png
251KB, 370x360px
>>136290642
>>136298321
>>136298257
>>136298178

>"No," said /rlg/. "No, Ponyposter. I ain’t mad. I never been mad, an’ I ain’t now. That’s a thing I want ya to know."
>>
>enable multiple z-levels in cata
>go into a small town
>From **DIRECTION** and below you hear a thump! x8092
>From the **DIRECTION** and below you hear a p-p-pow! x873
Is this normal?
>>
>>136299407
don't enable z levels.
>>
>>136300960
if you can't handle the segfault, git outta the genre
>>
>>136300960
It went away when I left that small town and isn't happening in other towns.

I think there was just shit underground.
>>
>>136302116
don't go into small towns.
>>
>>136302116
Oh, you were really lucky then! You were right over a necropolis, which is a fallout-themed easter egg with tons of extremely tough monsters and absolutely no loot.
>>
seriously what's the fucking deal with necropoli

they have absolutely no use for the game at all
>>
>>136302987
kinda like a triffid grove

it's just there for you to beat
>>
>>136303162
But triffids can be harvested, triffids are actually useful because they give wood and permafood, triffids sometimes need to be eradicated because they proliferate near your reality bubble.
>>
Why can't I farm maggots/crickets/slugs/cockroaches/earthworms in DDA for infinite protein?

I mean, maggots would generate "spontaneously" from rotten food, the game already has cockroaches, the giant kind, the others could be added.

I mean, seriously I know the whole problem of DDA is that it's so sandboxy that you eventually stop being able to die and thus there is no need to create a way to make free food, but still. We have farming for some reason.

Why can't I just cook roaches and maggots underground and drink rainwater for several years in DDA?
>>
>>136303619
>Farming any of those for food
I'd say how that's impossible and generally pretty fucking hard buuuuut
>DDA
>"Realism"
>>
>>136304124
>I'd say how that's impossible and generally pretty fucking hard
Have you been living under a rock in the last decade? They're all the rage nowadays.
>>
File: Of rogues and ponies.png (134KB, 1820x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Of rogues and ponies.png
134KB, 1820x1300px
Lots of new IPs here
>>
>>136304275
You where literally cucked, castrated, shat on, meme'd on, gassed, fucked in the ass and proven wrong so fucking hard on /tg/ last time I'm impressed you didn't buy a sawed off and ended your life mongoloid.
Nobody farms any of those at any level of relevance, nor you can live off eating them.

>Inb4 some third worlder hellhole village does it.
>>
>>136304614
>You where literally cucked, castrated, shat on, meme'd on, gassed, fucked in the ass and proven wrong so fucking hard on /tg/ last time I'm impressed you didn't buy a sawed off and ended your life mongoloid.

I think you might be mistaking me for someone else good sir
but that post was hilarious nontheless
>>
This thread lasted 3 whole days. It's starting to smell.
>>
File: drawn.jpg (31KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
drawn.jpg
31KB, 500x636px
>>136305180
maybe this is Ben Franklin's house
>>
something something eternal lie
something something even death may die
>>
>>136305180
>You post in the thread.
>Ugh, you feel deathly ill.
>>
File: Laughing Gals.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Gals.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>136305503
>need to use a unicorn horn to cure yourself

how ironic.
>>
File: quietus.jpg (272KB, 1400x851px) Image search: [Google]
quietus.jpg
272KB, 1400x851px
So, enchanting it wont increase the chance?
>>
>>136306941
It will, but you don't know the chance because you haven't finished IDing it.
>>
>>136307045
Oh I see, thanks.
>>
Someone do the new thread.

HURRY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
>>
>>136307232
But there are no wins.
>>
>>136307232
A kill of this sanity-blasting natural evil good undead dragon demon giant troll orc human thread general is worth about 990000.00 points for a 1st level autosage
>>
>>136307443
>autosage becomes more powerful
>starts claiming threads with less and less posts
>nobody even understood what was going on until a level 50 autosage started claiming threads that reached page 2
>now everyone has to bump their threads every five minutes, lest the autosage becomes even stronger and moves to other boards
>>
>>136307727
>It casts spells intelligently to autosage threads, invoke manastorms, defeat captcha, summon shitposters, and teleport-self, about 100% of the time.
>>
File: paralyzed.jpg (213KB, 1399x850px) Image search: [Google]
paralyzed.jpg
213KB, 1399x850px
>>136306941
Oh well.
>>
>>136307915
the trick, anon, is to instead do the other thing
>>
what if we let it die
what if we all stopped playing
>>
not like this
>>
>>136309118
this is the way it has to be
>>
new thread when
>>
Never
>>
New one u lazy fucks

>>136310361
>>
>>136310430
Why
>>
>>136310430
ty
Thread posts: 765
Thread images: 180

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.