[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ - Dominions general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 773
Thread images: 80

File: summoning.jpg (38KB, 292x368px) Image search: [Google]
summoning.jpg
38KB, 292x368px
Summoning Edition
Previous Thread: >>125478217

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/JMmSrpdE

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is ded.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the pastebin
>Read the memes

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CliffsOfDivinity
game is UP.
Still deciding whether graphs on is a good idea or not, my brain says that having them on helps people determine other nations power levels, but my heart says fuck that let's play dominos.
Descriptions: http://pastebin.com/mrvuSNzH
>>
>>125818681
>giving delays for individual players is a good way to grind a game to a halt
Not giving delays to players who politely ask for them in advance, especially around the holiday season, is a good way to lose players.
>>
>>125820705
When is this game starting? If it's after Christmas I'll join.
>>
>>125820705
The link to the nationgen mod on the game page doesn't seem to be working.
>>
>>125821163
strange so it isn't.
https://mega.nz/#!8QxkGahA!pzw_jhSnjaggqDfmVBqXGqhvQiu7urRt13nOolshC6s
>>125821024
probably not until after christmas, I can always give extensions if you're worried about it.
>>125819197
it took me all of ten minutes to edit out the changes that could cause issues.
https://mega.nz/#!JcAAFZLI!nxZqmB5wjBSSVZNnU5nPlqXTVbzEvOpI6XcA4mGmVj4
>>
How's D4N9 as a cavalry bless, or in general.
>>
>>125822886
not terrible, though it sounds expensive on anything not a tree.
>>
File: confused.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
205KB, 505x431px
>>125823073
That's what he said...
>>
>>125823073
u wat m8
>>
>>125823169
>>125823194
I misread the N as a B
>>
>>125820705
so what are these all new nations i've never seen before
>>
Are there plans to make a databse for CoE4 the way there is that inspector database for Dom3 and 4?

I feel like CoE needs it even more since there's such a breadth of rituals and spells and shit.
>>
>>125825908
nation gen
>>
>>125825908
Nationgen ones, that don't seem like he's pruned then for some stupidly powerfull stuff.
>>
>>125825908
Nation Gen nations.
Basically take a bunch of individual elements from units then throw them together until you get shit like moose riding hoburgs that turn into fire elementals when they die.
>>
>>125826009
>>125826041
>>125826076
sounds like a clusterfuck
>>
>>125826041
>stupidly powerfull stuff
Like what?

I've been browsing the nations and there are definitely some significant power gaps, but I haven't seen anything yet that's blatantly OP.
>>
>>125826235
Last one was
>>
>>125826235
That's what makes it fun.

It's much less predictable than regular games.
>>
>>125826305
Awe 2 burds are normal non-sacred infantry?
Beserk 5 non-cap sacred bats with a giant sword?
Nude sacred-sobeks non-cap with length 6 +2 attack magic wekening pikes?
>>
>>125826576
the only one of those three that actually worried me were the awe 2 burds, and I can just not let anyone use those if enough people are worried about them.
I actually genned over 125 nations and cut it down to the 40 or so that actually looked interesting to play, like the shitastic hoburg nation or the sobek edge nation, I'm sure I could have gotten some fun stuff if I had made more.
>>
>>125826576
>Awe 2 burds are normal non-sacred infantry?
These definitely look OP, yeah. High cost, but Awe 2 on everything is crazy.

>Beserk 5 non-cap sacred bats with a giant sword?
They don't have a giant sword unless I'm looking at the wrong unit (Mahuattlan Shadow Templar?). Berserk is somewhat less of an issue on a bat since it will usually dodge or die rather than get hit and get mad. Not to mention they cost 4 times as much as any other unit in their national lineup.

>Nude sacred-sobeks non-cap with length 6 +2 attack magic wekening pikes?
They're not Sobeks, just regular lizards. Though aguably that makes them better since it means 3 pikes per square instead of 2. Definitely a powerful unit, but the rest of their lineup is kinda crappy and they're almost entirely restricted to blood magic outside of randoms and a StR cap-only D2/3.

All three seem really powerful, but unless I'm seriously misjudging these nations (which I admit is possible) apart from the birds I wouldn't say they're OP.
>>
>>125827979
>the shitastic hoburg nation
Which one?

Tougalm looks pretty boss, even if they're lacking in variety a bit (no variety outside of randoms seems a bit of a nationgen theme). Hoburg Necromancers reminds me of CoE.
>>
when i first started playing this game I didn't really think it was hard I just thought it was tedious every turn going to each place and managing everything. but I thought maybe I was missing something and thats why it didnt seem hard

what exactly is hard about this game to most people? about 2 jump in again and debating on whether or not to read guide.
>>
>>125828701
It's not a very hard game, the only 'hard' part is coming to grips with its complexity and sometimes poor UI. If you play singleplayer, the game will pretty much never be hard after you learn the basics. That's why 99% of this general is about the multiplayer. Playing against other people is as hard as your sopponent can make it.
>>
>>125828538
Nairobach, they've got no good troops and their mage line up is just so-so.
>>
It's absolutely no coincidence that when I look at the nations already in the game, two of them have armoured dual-wielding sacred minotaurs.

GL whoever joins that game.

>>125828701

Nothing is 'hard' about singleplayer.

The actual game is in MP - the AI doesn't use magic or tactics or anything at all, really.
>>
>>125828969
thats what i kinda figured. So its easy-ish to get into but actually getting good at it takes awhile. i can see that.
>>
>>125829156
Their Senior Tideshaper has a good chance of being a RoS spammer. Though with 5HP spamming RoS probably isn't the healthiest strategy...
>>
>>125829565
Honestly I picked Gythmatia because Minotaur assassins seemed wack.

And steathy minotaurs.
>>
>>125829565
I picked Helleene for redonkulous Communion shenanigans.
the same bless just happens to go well with their sacreds.
they won't use the dualweild unless they're up against something bigger than them anyways so it's probably a downside more than anything.
>>
File: sprado.png (13KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
sprado.png
13KB, 528x404px
>tfw the computer is stupid as fuck in COE4 but you still lose 50% of the time anyways
>>
Allow me to add to the minotaur madness.

Now we just need someone to pick Heth.
>>
>>125829776
>>125830008

They trample anything smaller than them, and instantly murder anything the same size or bigger with a barrage of attacks. With being sacred, their upkeep is manageable, and with a single bless - e9 - they walked through lance attacks with no shits given. There's very few nations that will stand up to them in the earlygame - and they have excellent mages, so they will do fine in the midgame and lategame as well - not to mention that minotaurs take to being buffed like a duck takes to water, which is to say, there is a lot of splashing and honking.
>>
>>125831641
helth has rec anywhere sacred minos with 2 attacks who only cost 45g each.
they also have meh mages though, which isn't to say they have bad mages just nothing really interesting.
>>
>>125831641
>>125832176
And so begins the age of Minotaur.

I bet bats win.
>>
Does perpetual storm stop cloud trapezes and does it cause flying movement taken that turn to not work? I'm guessing not.
>>
>spend forever travelling to an ancient forest
>get there
>see this
>>
File: co.png (16KB, 338x40px) Image search: [Google]
co.png
16KB, 338x40px
>>125832804
forgot pic
>>
>>125832491
Name your pretender Lord Sartek please.
>>
>>125820893
It's not the holidays yet. There are 28 players. If you give a two day extension to every player, the game takes an extra 2 months. Get a sub for one turn.
>>
>>125833826
I don't get the reference.
>>
>>125828701
Were you playing against people?

Dominions AI is really bad. The only tactic it ever uses is hordes of chaff.
>>
>>125834216
In the lore game series 'Warlords' and its RTS spinoff 'Warlords Battlecry,' one of the horsemen of the apocalypse, Lord Sartek, created the minotaur and then began corrupting other races into twisted halfmen. The minotaur have a blood cult with extensive sacrificing and lots of fun blood related lines similar to the WH Chaos faction (Blood and Bone for my Lord Sartek! etc)
>>
>>125834406
in the lore of the game series*
>>
>>125832545

No idea about trapeze, (i'd assume it does), but flying movement taken the turn it is cast does not resolve. The storm goes up in the magic phase (most globals don't), and regular movement resolves after that.
>>
>>125834406
Gotta make a warlords-related game sometime. And name my thug Lord Bane the Bane Lord
>>
>>125834406
That's cooler than my shitty minotaur pun that was the name before
>>
>>125834589
It does not stop Cloud Trapeze, but you're right on the flying bit (incidentally, this info is already in the wiki)

>>125834628
But then how can he be your master lich pretender?
>>
>>125834589
So, any flying units just stay in the same province they were in originally? That's pretty handy.
>>
>>125834795
If they were capable of moving to their targeted province without flying, they still go there. Typically they lose 1 map move and naturally they lose the terrain immunity and ability to attack non-adjacent provinces.
>>
If your minotaur don't get drunk off fermented blood, they aren't minotaur I recognize.
>>
>>125833909
there are 28 players, if you didn't expect it to grind to a halt at least occasionally, you shouldn't have joined.
>>
>>125833909
are by chance in stalewarriors?
>>
>>125835227
*are you by chance
>>
>>125835227
>>125835039
Not in stale warriors, but in the well-run 20+ person games, a rule has generally been no extensions until around mid game.

Seriously. Get a sub for one turn instead of stopping the game for 27 other people. It's good manners.
>>
>>125836168

Good manners would be not whining like a little bitch every single time a turn is postponed. Seriously, people have lives, and emergencies - if you don't, that's fine, join more games. Don't be an asshole in the thread demanding people stale so you can have turns faster and a bigger chance of victory.
>>
>>125836491
Get a sub. Emergencies are one thing, and I understand that, but this is something he knew about in advance. Having a life shouldn't keep you from getting a sub. Seriously. Large games don't work well if players rely on the admin for delays. If every person asks for a delay every 25 turns, you halve the speed of the game.
>>
>>125837325
instead of demanding that he suck it up and get a sub, I'm going to demand that you suck it up and deal with not having a turn in that one game for a couple of days.
and at least 2 people in this thread are calling you on your bitching.
>>
>>125837325
I'm perfectly fine waiting, seem like most others are too. Finding a sub isn't exactly easy here since no one wants to do it, just let it happen.
>>
>>125837325

So you're saying big games are slow? Wow.

Having someone have to grok your nation and not get all your shit killed is a huge amount of effort for exactly one turn. I actually know people who play dominions, not the most common state of affairs, and I wouldn't ask them to do that.

If you are super anal about game speed, join smaller games. And be utterly aware that it's not reasonable or normal to obsess about game speed in a fucking pbem. If you are super bored and have nothing to do in your life, join more games. Then you'll have turns even if one gets delayed! And won't have to shit up the thread with whining baby tantrums.
>>
>>125836168
I think it's a special case around this time, this month. I know some families do christmas early on the preceding weekend or have multiple celebrations with different sides of the family.
I don't intend to make a habit of delays but we've been running pretty well on schedule so far.
If you feel your motivation slipping, embrace the words of Sir Arthur Clough

'SAY not the struggle naught availeth,
The labour and the wounds are vain,
The enemy faints not, nor faileth,
And as things have been they remain.

If hopes were dupes, fears may be liars;
It may be, in yon smoke conceal'd,
Your comrades chase e'en now the fliers,
And, but for you, possess the field.

For while the tired waves, vainly breaking,
Seem here no painful inch to gain,
Far back, through creeks and inlets making,
Comes silent, flooding in, the main.

And not by eastern windows only,
When daylight comes, comes in the light;
In front the sun climbs slow, how slowly!
But westward, look, the land is bright!'
>>
File: r8.png (678KB, 724x691px) Image search: [Google]
r8.png
678KB, 724x691px
What does domg think? For MA Abysia.
>>
>>125838752
I'd drop at least one, probably 2, points of productions for magic.
Abysian troops are actually gold expensive enough you'll run out of gold before resources even at production 1, and abysia's research is awful.
>>
>>125838752
>MA Abysia.
Enjoy having 185 gold / 9 research as your most efficient lab rat outside of your cap
>>
File: MageSupport.png (402KB, 506x882px) Image search: [Google]
MageSupport.png
402KB, 506x882px
I'm glad I decided to stick around for one more turn.
>>
>>125840097
Somebody explain to me why I keep seeing screens of people attacking hostile capitals with their own pretenders.
>>
>>125840410
Ur doesn't risk path-loss, and can call gods rapidly.
>>
>>125838752
It's not good. You don't get great booster access, and you can't cast much with it you couldn't already cast because it has shitty slots. It mostly just opens up earth to you, but you can get up to E4 with a 30 gem empowerment and two boosters that empowerment will let you forge.

An E4S4B4x1 warlock can get the same domstrength, same scales, and will actually be able to move and use more boosters. Dropping to Dom6 gets you a ton more paths, too.
>>
>>125840410
using your pretender at a hostile cap can be game changing, both ways, if they're just standing in the back putting up buffs (fog warriors, Weapons of sharpness, Doom, etc) then they're fine.
>>
>>125838752
It's nothing terrible, I guess. 3 prod is a tad high, and 5 blood is pointless for an imprisoned pretender. But really, your biggest mistake is playing MA Abysia.
>>
>>125840097

I watched that, easily the second most shocking thing this turn. TNNs defense against Abysia's was the most, since it wound up with Abysia's line of retreat cut again.

This time it was me though, instead of TNN's stealth Gelly Cubes.
>>
Sorry Jomon Bogarus got to them first. I can pay you for 1 or 2 but outside of that I can pay in straight up gold or Fire gems.
>>
>>125842197
Ya gave me the ol' spicy keychain
>>
File: Dormant.png (566KB, 733x664px) Image search: [Google]
Dormant.png
566KB, 733x664px
>>125839545
>>125840848
>>125841498
You all make very good points. How about this?

I'm not sure what path Abysia would benefit most from in addition to Earth. I picked nature since that gives access to a lot of helpful items
>>
>>125842945

I am curious about retreat mechanics. Are you able to retreat into a fort under siege? What about stealthy units, can they do it if others can't?
>>
>>125843123

Honestly, if you're already running Order 3, I'd take 2 points of misfortune and go either Growth 3/Magic 2 or Growth 2/Magic 3

Having gone Order 3/Misfortune 2 quite a few times, it's honestly not that bad compared to Luck, which can still give you bad events.
>>
>>125843148
I don't know about stealthy units, but my retreating units ate serious shit and died
>>
>>125843148
Sieged forts basically count as 'adjacent' for the purposes of retreat when a battle is being fought outside of the fortress, so if you have other owned provinces adjacent to the fort, your units might retreat there or they might retreat back inside. When fighting adjacent to a sieged fort, you cannot retreat inside of it unless you have stealth. Stealthy units can retreat into a fort under siege, but get no other benefits from retreating. Flying units do not get terrain bonuses for retreating (ie - they die if the only border is a closed mountain pass or unfrozen river if the unit is not amphibious). Amphibious units do, and give equal weight to adjacent water provinces and provinces separated by a river border etc.
>>
how can I set a ritual to repeat cast?
>>
>>125843556
Shift M
>>
>>125843297
I've just realised Abysia don't get income bonuses for Grown scales.

Is growth 2 still worth it to keep my old fart mages from dying?
>>
>>125844053

high growth is mandatory because you not only have old age mages that are very very old, but you also want to be bloodhunting constantly. both of these needs growth2 at least.
>>
How does anyone put up with Ohlmann? I was trying to read a handful of the discussions on Desura just to expand my thinking on a few nations and I can't read through one page without him screeching like a kid with downs.
>>
>>125844053

When I create a pretender for Abysia, I seem to get the income bonus. What I don't get, however, is the supply bonus, but whatever.
>>
>>125844053
>>125844707
Even if you don't get the income bonus, you still get the population increase, and that increases your income as well.
>>
>>125844160
I remember that he is a fellow autist, just slightly more so than I am.
>>
File: _1413419123[1].jpg (33KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
_1413419123[1].jpg
33KB, 600x342px
>Conquest of Elysium 4.07 Community Announcements - johan
>The Senator can now become a Dark Emperor instead of the normal Emperor under some circumstances.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>125845683
it's treason, then
>>
>>125845683
The senator can become a dark emperor in extraplanar capitals.
>>
>>125845928
Or in haunted capitolium in the fall of empire.
>>
>>125842197
I hope someone will post a report, because I want to see what tops that amazing[ly lucky] battle.
>>
File: spicyjalapenos.jpg (71KB, 641x847px) Image search: [Google]
spicyjalapenos.jpg
71KB, 641x847px
>>125850175
not pictured: my pathetic attempt to use elephants resulting in them trampling over my archers before they get anywhere near the wall
not pictured: my Wyrm pretender and child of anthrax prophet dying like retards after retreating
will sadly never be pictured: me casting heat from hell and grip of winter in the same battle
>>
File: growth scales.png (370KB, 657x745px) Image search: [Google]
growth scales.png
370KB, 657x745px
>>125845418
>>125844707
I decided to check. Looks like you do.

I didn't know that you get one gold per 100 pop. I'm not sure how supplies are calculated.
>>
>>125850987
You would have won if you just left the elephants outside. Sad times.
>>
File: Battle1.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Battle1.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>125850175

I never said it was more impressive, only more shocking. It has less to do with the result of the battle, and more to do with the fact that Abysia lost EVERYTHING because TNN fended him off here, and I cut his line of retreat.

This was completely uncoordinated; I've been at war with TNN since ever.
>>
>>125851084
Supplies scale partially based on population. That's what raises the supplies there. Normally growth scales increase the supplies by more.
>>
On the up side though, I finally figured out how many Mind Hunts it takes to get to the center of an elf.
>>
>>125851179
Ok, I'll see if I can update the wiki
>>
File: tearsofarapper.jpg (190KB, 1279x961px) Image search: [Google]
tearsofarapper.jpg
190KB, 1279x961px
>>125851108
shedding lava tears mate
>>
If I'm taking drain 3, is it a good idea to take luck 3 as well to minimize chances of the "magic is fading" event? I really don't feel like losing hundreds of gems.
>>
>>125852387

The correct answer is to super micro, handing off all your gems to random researchers. IIRC, the magic is fading event only takes away gems in your lab. They're (relatively) safe if they're on units.
>>
>>125852461
damn nigga this a good idea, thanks.
>>
>>125852461
And then Fires from Afar kills 90 gems.
>>
>>125852387
Avoiding misfortune removes the most common of those events.

Luck might actually make it worse since it increases event frequency. In any case, it's not the best scale if you're taking drain.

Are you sure drain 3 is the best scale for you to take? Most nations really don't like it.

>>125852461
>>125852627
This much micro will make you hate your life.
>>
>>125852659
>>125852818

avoiding micro is like 90% of the strategy of this game

shitters like caldius who want you to micro everything and test everything for 'more victories' literally miss the point and are the opposite of role models
>>
how to break into blood magic with my ancient tree with 1 blood magic
>>
Why is Lemuria so shit? All I can do is zerg out hundreds of shitty dispossessed spirits that not only do 0 damage, but only have a 75% chance to not die in one hit.
>>
>>125852818
The "magic is fading" events are drain events independent of misfortune that remove 53 x 2d6 gems from your lab, and you're 3x as likely to get them with drain 3 as opposed to drain 1.
>>
>>125853175
I see your metagaming. You're just saying that to make other people play worse so that you can win more games.
>>
>>125853305

If you have just the tree, the best option is probably not to do it. Bloodhunters are hard to get for non-blod nations. The best use is probably just to bloodhunt with the tree and empower him a couple times, but instead of using your slaves to try and break into blood you use them to craft boosters like Armour of Thorns or maybe Bloodstones if you can empower an E mage. Those don't require you to invest research into a school that you'll most likely hardly ge to use, while being a great asset nonetheless.
>>
File: Magic is Fading.jpg (90KB, 637x485px) Image search: [Google]
Magic is Fading.jpg
90KB, 637x485px
>>125853345
There are 4 such events.

3 are uncommon bad and only depend on drain.

1 is common bad and depends on heavy drain plus misfortune.

Luck 0 avoids the worst of the 4 events already.

>remove 53 x 2d6 gems from your lab
I'm fairly sure 53 is a special code signifying that it takes 2d6 of each gem type. Still very bad, but not quite as bad as it looks.
>>
>>125853852
It's worth noting, though, that there's a fairly common bad event which reduces luck scales, whereas things that apply drain are comparatively rare.
>>
>>125853852
>all gemloss events require a lab

The answer is clear! Destroy your starting lab and never build any new ones, and you're completely safe from gemloss!
>>
>>125853326
Mages, mages, mages, and dompushing for that immortality
>>
>>125853965

BRILLIANT
>>
>>125829578
>actually getting good at it takes awhile
Nobody's done it yet.
>>
>>125857647
>>125853965

ALL THE GEMS
>>
>thread about to 404 again
I hate this.
>>
>>125860214

The start talking about Dominions
>>
>>125860687
ridiculous
>>
I'm putting an immobile pretender underwater and I realized how stupid the whole thing is. It's literally a piece of sentient furniture, but to prevent it from drowning I need to give it a water breathing item. So I give it pills. Yes, pills. The fountain is for some reason going to drown when it gets water in its water, but sprinkle some pills on it and suddenly it's a-okay.
>>
File: 1443621698940.png (300KB, 1114x835px) Image search: [Google]
1443621698940.png
300KB, 1114x835px
>>125860808

Okay, then just post some memes
>>
>>125860901
Reminds me of the time I teleported my Fountain underwater thinking that, as an inanimate object, it wouldn't drown.

Of course the damned thing isn't explicitly amphibious, so the next turn I get a message it drowned anyway.
>>
>>125861018
I actually read that post. I probably would have known to look for the tag without it (ever since I learned that Golems are not stone creatures and can be petrified, I've been doing that), but it was nice to have confirmation that yes, my fountain does need pills dumped on it for some reason for its undersea adventure.
>>
>>125860902
now you're thinking with your noggin
>>
>>125860902
I like how the nations getting mad at the BoT are some of the best nations at killing Ermor. Serves them right for not killing Ermor first.
>>
Anyone got any gifs or webms of Arena battles?
>>
>>125861241
Nope
>>
File: TheDispossed(1stEdHardcover).jpg (68KB, 660x466px) Image search: [Google]
TheDispossed(1stEdHardcover).jpg
68KB, 660x466px
>>125860902
>>
>>125860902
We really need that drawfag to redraw the old lich design and get it in line with the recent sprite update,
>>
File: No-Men war.jpg (307KB, 1440x792px) Image search: [Google]
No-Men war.jpg
307KB, 1440x792px
I really appreciate the anon who recommended me Prince of Nothing. I've read a lot of fantasy from Wolfe to Peake, but this is one of my favorites now.
>>
Can only blood or death mages lead demons?

I have a few, but They're stuck to a mage with undead command +10
>>
>>125861728

Speaking of fantasy fiction, ever notice how much inspiration Dominions has from Wheel of Time?
>>
>>125861827
Other than MA Man, not really so much.
>>
>>125861864

Astral Communions are pretty much linking the way they're done in Dominions. Also, there's quite a bit of reference to WoT in the names of stock map provinces. There were other things but I can't remember them at the moment. Still, I think the devs are big WoT fans.
>>
>>125862107

Oh and the whole "The Wheel turns" message you get in the beginning of every game.
>>
All right, I managed to take a turn for All_Yesterdays and SkeletonsBeScary, so hopefully I'll be back before the next turn stales, but nonetheless I'm going to repost my request one last time before I leave the house in case some of the admins didn't see the previous one.

I won't be able to play the rest of today and tomorrow, so I'm going to pre-emptively request an extension for the following games:

>All_Yesterdays (Helheim)
>Crapaclysm (White)
>GopherHolesDeluxe (Lanka)
>MastersofMoM (Ragha)
>PlayfulUmor (Pythium)
>SkellingtonsBeScary (Asphodel)

I already stuck around a bit longer than I should have, waiting for turns, and I'll do my best to get home as early as possible so there's a chance I won't even need the extension, but I'd be very grateful to get one should I need it.
>>
>>125862324
I'll wait in case you end up not needing it, but rest assured I'll keep an eye on submissions when the turn rolls around and extend 24 hours if there are stragglers
>>
>>125861821
There are some other options, depending on what magic you have available.

Mound Kings (or other undead commanders) usually have good undead leadership. Sleepers are an expensive option, but they can also lead magical and normal troops with large morale bonuses.

If you have only blood magic, there's always Horde from Hell. It summons a commander Devil with 40 leadership (also a bunch of shitty imps). It's mainly used if you need flying leadership, but it could act as a commander for non-flying demons too.
>>
>>125862107

Fantasy is incestuous. Astral Communions likely hail from Ars Magica (and other games of that era's) Wizard's Communion spell - when a bunch of mages use Vim magic (also gives you magical cancer via firing magic at you, fatigues you, makes other mages' vim spells stronger, and is associated with the heavens/moonlight, is 'pure magic' - aka it's fucking astral magic) to add together and make one mage(s) stronger.

Melding magic together to maek big magic is not something wot does more or at all compared to other fantasy things.

>>125862169

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_of_time

It was a saying and a concept a long time before Robert Jordan used it as a series title for his fairly generic reader insertion fantasy series.

Odds are good in dominions that when something is a mythology and also a modern fantasy/sci fi/nerd whatever, it actually came from the mythology, and not the modern fantasy/sci fi/nerd whatever.
>>
>>125863070
when the features are clustered similarly in two works, that says more than the intertextual neutrality in suggesting the wheel concept could have come from Wheel of Time, Shakespeare, or ancient Sumerian heiroglyphics freshly translated by illwinter
>>
>>125863070
>The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Every WoT book begins with that.

>Now the Wheel has turned once more...

Every Dom4 games starts with that.

Clearly, this is supposed to be a reference.
>>
>>125863780
It's a reference in that they're both referencing the same concept, of time being cyclical and represented by a turning wheel, each turn of the wheel being essentially a repetition of the last.

Like that guy said, that's a very old concept and neither WoT nor Dominions came up with it.
>>
>>125863892

The way it's phrased, where it's placed and the fact that there are other references from WoT in Dominions means that that specific phrase is likely to be a reference to the books rather than just the concept.
>>
>>125863950
Are you dumb?
>>
>>125864034

Are you? I knew a guy like you once, he once kept insisting that the movie 300 is inspired by the older film The 300 Spartans even though I told him numerous times that it was based directly on the graphic novel of the same name.

There is a logical chain of events that transpired. Robert Jordan obviously got the Wheel of Time concept from mythology/religion, but the Illwinter clearly added that phrase at the beginning of every game as a small reference to the books and not just as a reference to mythology.
>>
>>125864228
I'll take that as a "yes."
>>
>>125864265

Indeed you are.
>>
>>125863950
>and the fact that there are other references from WoT in Dominions
See >>125863070
>>
>>125864228
It's a reference to how ingame the cycle of someone becoming Pankoman, ruling the world, and then fucking off and leaving the rest to fight over who becomes the next Pankoman, is an eternal cycle. It's not a reference to some shitty children's book, you nerd.

Just because they both use the phrase "the wheel turns" isn't any indication that one references the other since that's an incredibly old and common concept.
>>
File: the toppest kek.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
the toppest kek.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>125864228
>Robert Jordan got his ideas from mythology
>but a game literally based on mythology using a similar idea must have ripped it from some fantasy novel
>>
>>125864368
>>125864372

MA Man at the very least is a complete reference to WoT's Tar Valon. Also, there are tons of references to location names in randomized province names to WoT. The references are there, and so it's very likely that that phrase is also a reference.

>>125864478

Whatever, m8, just saying that the references are there no matter how much you get asspained about it.

I'm done with you guys, going to do my Cataclysm turn.
>>
>>125864478
please tell us all the seminal texts that that use this concept as a framing device in this way
>>
>>125864796
MA Man is a reference to the Arthurian legend though.
>>
>>125864914
>Mother of Avalon
>Daughter of Avalon
>Three tests to go from Daughter to Mother
>Given a piece of clothing as a sign of her becoming a full fledged mage
>Mother travel the land and search for magic, help people and fight evil
>Mothers are accompanied by Wardens sword to protect them
>The Wardens themselves are enchanted by magic that make them superhuman

Oh yeah, no WoT references at all.
>>
>>125865208
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon

kek
>>
>>125865414

Yeah, no shit, still doesn't say anything about the points I've made. Tar Valon from the WoT books is also based on the Avalon myth btw, that's why I didn't make the Aes Sedai/Sidhe comparison.
>>
>>125865208

God you're ignorant.

'Tor Valon' and all the rest of it is arthurian myth of avalon, that robert jordan transplanted whole into his books. It's even named the same fucking thing.

Longbowmen, Wardens of Avalon, the land previously of the sidhe and the de danann, it's goddamn british mythology, you cretin. Stop shoehorning your shitty fantasy novels into dominions.
>>
>>125865727
I strongly suspect you are either talking to legitimate buffoons, or wily fellows who have devised a plan to bump an otherwise dead general by goading you into responding by merely pretending to be buffoons
>>
>/domg/ trying to fight shitposting
>>
>>125865831

I strongly suspect that you are sameposting.

Game is explicitly based on mythology. It copies things that have obviously mythological roots. Robert Jordan copies the same mythological thing (poorly). You claim the game is copying robert jordan.

Could not be more of a retarded fanboy.
>>
>>125865998
>I strongly suspect that you are sameposting.
there's a way to check

you seem a little miffed your pet game draws on a fantasy series you don't like
>>
>>125866134

Nerds being stupid about shit they obsess over (and wheel of time fanboys rank up there with star wars fans for obsessive bullshit) is incredibly obnoxious. When you enjoy niche shit, you have to put up with it. Over time, it becomes more and more annoying. If you want to fap excitedly about Robert Jordan, go to a goddamn robert jordan thread. Don't make me an unwilling participant to your masturbation.
>>
>>125866321
pure irony
>>
>>125865817

Again.

WoT
>Girls capable in becoming mages go to Tar Valon to learn magic
>They become students, are put in white dresses and are specifically called "daughters" by the full fledged mages
>When they are ready to become mages they go through 3 tests
>Once they pass those tests they are given a shawl of the color of Ajah they choose and can bind a Warder(s) to them which will give the man magically enhanced strength
>Those mage women then go out into the world and do all kinds of shit like search for magic, manipulate kings, help people fight off evil, etc.

Tell me where these exact things, which are so very similar to the Dom descriptions are shown in the Arthurian legend?
>>
>>125866459

>pure shitposting

Making up puerile shit about dominions to justify your intense lust for robert jordan's undead penis is incredibly obnoxious. Inserting it into dominions in order to fanboy squeal all over a thread completely unrelated to teen fantasy novel series except via the names of well-known mythological figures and places is doubly obnoxious. You're not even trolling, which is the sad thing - you genuinely think, and will forever think, that anything even tangentially related to your favvurite series is referencing it and showing it's love for the thing you masturbate over six times a day.
>>
>>125866756
tough break man
>>
>>125866605

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Goddess_%28Neopaganism%29

Daughter, Mother, Crone.

Acolytes of a faith wearing pure white is extremely common in many mythologies - white is associated with purity, and in many pagan 'wiccan'/celtic myths white is associated with the daughter or a lower ranked member of a coven, green or blue with a medium rank, and black with the highest ranks. Similar associations with the 'roles' of mother (green for fertility) and crone (black for death).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon

Avalon is known as a place of learning and abundance where great sorceresses and enchantresses live. This is the obvious source of MA Man's Avalon, and probably a source for the deeply unimaginative James Oliver Rigney Jr's 'Tor Valon'.

3 tests is a traditional arthurian trope - knights are often presented with three tests, and in the literature inspired by the initial arthurian legend, 3 tests face merlin and morgana, to name two famous magic users, before they can gain (or regain) their magical powers.

Celtic legend is particularly rife with witches/enchantresses/sorceresses messing with kings and searching for ancient magic. Male magic users are rare in those myths, as the male figures are usually warriors.

The reason you are drawing these false comparisons is that James Oliver Rigney Jr, aka Robert Jordan, liked to steal directly from mythology/other books and then mangle the names. Troll orcs. Naz-gul, Myr-draal. Etc. Wheel of Time stole concepts (the opening sentence in the books is I believe a famous quote from a piece of chinese mythology) including from mythology, dominions is explicitly from mythology, two mythologies does NOT make a reference.
>>
>>125867328

Maybe you're right, but you have to see that what you're presenting is are general things common to Celtic mythology, which I'm not disputing were a influence on Robert Jordan's setting.

What I presented were exact things that are both the same in WoT and in the Dom descriptions. For instance, you didn't address the point about a Daughter being given with a piece of clothing (a dress), which is similar to what happens in WoT but with a shawl upon passing the three tests. Also, even if the 3 tests are a common trope in Celtic mythology, to show it as is in WoT and Dom as a final test for all student who wish to ascend to the next stage of their magic career is clearly not present in the legend. Also, you made no reference to Wardens and them being the personal enchanted superhuman guards to the Witches. Show me where they are presented this way in the legend, because this is exactly the way they are presented in WoT.
>>
File: Untitled.png (62KB, 684x160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
62KB, 684x160px
>When you misclick and most of your army defends instead of attacking

RIP soulless
>>
>>125868378
>When you forget to CRTL-move and none of your mages / a large part of your army don't show up for the fight.
>>
>>125868378
Oh actually it was just a turn revision that I forgot to upload

Double whoops
>>
i want stalewarriors ermor to come back and sperg some more
>>
Im playing as EA agartha in a game that began a little while ago and I have just seen the summons "cave crubs".
They are a bit expensive, but they seem like incredible hp pools to protect Olms (even if crubs are indisciplined, they are slow enough to let your olms. Attack some turns before engaging in melee combat.
They are probably bad vs archers, but 6 protection on 54 hp makes them tankier than regular pale ones, so they arent thay bad even in that case.

What's /domg/ opinion on them?
>>
>>125868315
>Also, you made no reference to Wardens and them being the personal enchanted superhuman guards to the Witches.
Putting a guy in armor who is good at combat with the unarmored scholar/mage has been a thing since forever.
>>
>>125868378
80 gold bounty to someone then?
>>
actually, mythology just adapted fundamental jungian imagery from our evolutionary psychology and oral traditions from prehistory, which is where Dominions draws its inspiration from, not mythology directly
>>
>>125870050

That's not the same thing. Warders in WoT are bound to their Aes Sedai magically, mentally and by an oath and are given extraordinary physical abilities thanks to this bond. The description of the MA Man Warden and even the sprite image makes him seem like a Warder from WoT. From the Mother of Avalon description:

>They are often accompanied by Wardens sworn to protect them.
>>
Kailasa can we talk in steam chat?
>>
I appreciate your enthoussiassm for the art of asssasssination, Machaka, but even you sshould have realissed that trying to ssneak up on a nation of sskelly sspammerss wouldn't work.
>>
Are there any magical items that increase temporary astral gem pool?
>>
>>125876268
Yeah, but it requires Nature and Water magic.

Don't recall the name, astral clam or something.
>>
>>125876368
>Water

fug
>>
File: research.jpg (50KB, 739x241px) Image search: [Google]
research.jpg
50KB, 739x241px
Guess I might as well go for Blood now.
>>
>>125876368
Clam of pearls.
1W1N, Const 2
>>
Admin I need an extension
>>
>>125870645
What you are quoting doesn't say that the Warden is bound magically and mentally. It says that the armored guy is sworn to guard the mage. This, again, has been a thing since forever.

MA Man, like most nations, is based explicitly on myth. Robert Jordan took the Avalon myth and put it into WoT almost wholesale. I mean, it's blatantly obvious in the name - Tor Valon / Avalon. Both of them are using the same ancient source.
>>
>>125880049
Now do you?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>125880508
new guy, but no one is claiming that there aren't references to fantasy literature in Dominions.
Look at all the lovecraft references, and there we know that the term isn't based on some older myth.

But the MA man is clearly Arthurian myth and if you don't realize it, it because you don't know Arthurian mythology.
>>
>>125881065
That's what I'm saying - both Tor Valon and MA Man are based on Arthurian legend.
>>
>>125881309
it clearly takes inspiration from both, re tower knights and all previous scrutiny
it's a fact you'll also see commonly acknowledged in other communities like desura
>>
>>125862324
You'll get an extension from me.
Anyone want to sub for Masters Ulm?
>>
>>125882136

Claiming that Dominions only takes it's influences directly from mythology is being willfully disingenuous. Dominions takes a ton from the fantasy genre, hell the majority of its spells are taken directly from D&D.
>>
>>125871885

KAILASAAA HELLOOOOO
>>
anyone else ever find something that just makes them giggle with glee?
I just found out reanimators can reanimate while sieging a fort, though not while inside of a sieged fort
>>
Agartha, I trust that army on my border is taking the logical path to those water provinces adjacent to you? If so then that's cool, was kind of wondering why they weren't yours already as it was.
>>
>No race of dogpeople
>No race of catpeople
>No feral race
>No race of native americans
>No race of Australians
>No race of New Zealand
>No race of polar bears
>No race of Siberians
>No race of Canadians
>No race of insects
>No race of living trees
>No race of gas beings
>No race of female elves
>No race of fairies
>No race of werewolves
>No race of angels
>No race of demons
>No race that has no native magic
>No race of elementals
>No race of frogs
>No race of plants
>>
>>125886462
>No feral race
What do you mean by feral? Like, more feral than Pangaea?
>No race of native americans
>No race of Australians
>No race of New Zealand
I assume you don't count Mictlan, but yeah a dreamtime nation would be cool.
>No race of female elves
Uh, TNN has some female elves
>No race of werewolves
>No race of angels
>No race of demons
Those are all in other stuff. Demons do have their own races, though - Lanka and Yomi are both demons.
>No race that has no native magic
That wouldn't work
>No race of frogs
Atlantis in general and MA Xibalba in particular
>No race of plants
Asphodel
>>
>>125886462
Abysia is technically elementals, but a bastardized version.
Ulm is a nation of steel elementals :^)
>>
>>125886462
>>No race that has no native magic
MA Ulm is the closest you could get without them being garbage
>>
>>125885036
see >>125881065
but to stat that MA Man is a taken from WoT is also disingenuous. It's clearly Arthurian mythology.

There might be a few bits added from WoT, but that all. Some additional bits, not the main source.
>>
>>125886462
>race that has no native magic
>They have super expensive troops that cast spells every turn instead
>They can recruit 500-1000g commanders that can reanimate units that autocast stuff like Banefire, Fireball, Falling Fires, Falling Frost, Stellar Cascades, etc

I dig it
>>
>>125886462
>No battlefield summon skeletal archers spell
>>
Hey admin. I asked for some more time for this turn, do you remember it? Please do it
>>
>>125886462
then make a mod nation.

You don't see me complaining that there isn't a nation of fat cannibals who hold fatness as a sign of divinity, with the McDonald's arches as their flag and the Grimace as a national hero. Because I'm too busy practicing my pixel art to make the nation a reality.
>>
>>125887480
jesus you fgt just get a sub for a single turn
>>
>>125886462
>>No race of Siberians
>>No race of Canadians
LA Atlantis
>>
get divine or die tryan!
http://pastebin.com/mrvuSNzH <- nation descriptions
https://mega.nz/#!8QxkGahA!pzw_jhSnjaggqDfmVBqXGqhvQiu7urRt13nOolshC6s <- mod
>>
>>125887717
>Atlantis
>Maple syrup

NICE TRY TROJAN

t. Arkantos
>>
>>125886701
>That wouldn't work
Think of a freespawn nation with special commands like pelagian gem alchemy and built in turn one battlespells and such. I'm also assuming no magic doesn't include no crafting because that would be dumb.
It could probably work but the effort required to balance it would be retarded.
>>
Admin you can start the turn, I'm going to be travelling all day so an extension would have to be pretty long.
>>
Postponing turn by 12 hours because I won't be home for a while.
>>
>>125890612
>ulmites just trying to find an excuse to stale
>>
>>125890612
you could have said something sooner, I would gladly have extended for you. we have to wait for Ragha anyways so I'll forcehost and give a 48hr postpone.
>>
File: R E K T.jpg (136KB, 693x884px) Image search: [Google]
R E K T.jpg
136KB, 693x884px
GET REKT FOMORIA
you lost 14! cap turns worth of recruitment this turn
Fomoria
62*30 1860
6*70 420
9*200 1800
14*240 3360
4*485 1940
5*75 375
28*13 364
total: 10,115 +18 cap turns

Machaka
20*115 2300
100*11 1100
40*1 40
7*85 595
2*165 330
5*220 1100
1*350 350
1*320 320
9*80 720
17*50 850
82*13 1066
85*10 850
total: 9621 +4 cap turns
>>
>>125891890
desu if you hadn't run the numbers like that, I would have thought that Formoria would have lost much worse than that. Machaka's units are more expensive than I gave credit for.
>>
>>125891890
>>125892294
Wait, actually, what? I have no idea where you're getting those numbers from. Machaka lost 20 units that cost 115 gold?
>>
>>125892512
Oh, wait, I understand now. You're totalling the price of the armies not the losses. Formoria really did lose as hard as I first thought.
>>
>>125892512
those are totals.
I didn't total up losses.
>>
>>125892294
that's probably one of my top3 complaints about Machaka.
and probably THE reason they do so poorly
>>
>>125892787
Eh, if you hadn't used the elephants and the spiders the result would probably be the same but you'd save some money. Those things don't really have a place in post-earlygame battles.

Also I'd probably use Rhino Warriors instead of Lion Warriors, but I don't think that would have made a big difference anyway.
>>
>>125891890
How did Fomoria lose this actually? Were all the druids just useless?
>>
>>125892992
6001 (fomoria)
to
2731 (Machaka)
the elephants were leftovers from expansion + AI fighting, the spiders were to help with the nemedians.
I don't have enough res to recruit Rhinos or I would.
>>125893056
I watched the battle and I'm still not sure.
>>
Reminder that elves do not understand consent.
>>
>>125871885
>>125885521
Oh, yes. I'm in.
>>
T'ien Ch'i, can we talk in the Steamchat please? I have a business proposition for you.
>>
>>125894818
I'm in the chat
I'm not TC or even in your game, I'm just in the chat.
>>
>>125895709
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>125864478
The Unfrozen are pretty cool
>>
>>125895709
>>125895795
I have no idea why I found this exchange so funny.
>>
>>125850987
That happened to me... once, and now I'll never bust a fort with elephants again. It was quite painful because they got through the gate before they routed, and then they trampled everything that was gathered in a nice funnel.
>>
>>125897335
Tramplers can actually be great at fort busting, especially if your enemy wants to block the gate with a blob of crap. The deal with them is that you need to put your mages and archers to the far sides and then buff up their morale. Even if they start on the sides, when they do retreat, they'll go right down the middle.

If you want to back them up with non trampling units you can still do that. Either heavily armored or high defense (or both!) will help with this. Another positioning trick that you can do is put the not-tramplers in corner (upper or lower right) and then have them set to hold/attack rear. This will make them walk forward first until they hit the wall, and only then start moving towards the entrance to the fort. This means that if you expect your tramplers to rout, they'll be more likely to leave a path for them and even if they do make it to the gate, the ones waiting to get in are going to be off to the side and not right behind them in a line for the elephants to run over.
>>
>>125895795
Are you near Atlantis? I've found where you are and Atlantis for some reason think I'm their sworn enemy, so if they are then that helps me be prepared for the fish-storm.
And I can tell you how to get to Ulm from where you are.
>>
>>125891890
Fomoria is a really gold inefficient nation, so the price of the troops deployed doesn't correlate with firepower they possess.
No idea why he's deploying so many socrecresses though. They are a good mage during year one (for research and potent antirush magic) but you largely don't want them on the field/outside of forts after
You miscounted cap turns, it's 22 turns worth of cap recruitment.
>>
>>125899453
But R'lyeh is Atlantis's sworn enemy
>>
>>125899474
those prolly are the year 1 sorceresses finally being put to work
>>
>>125899453
I already know where Ulm is, and I've discovered a few other nations as well. I've been scouting pretty aggressively.

Haven't seen Atlantis though. The only one I've had direct contact with is TC, which is why I'd like to talk to him.
>>
>>125899579
I know, but, I went with lower than 10 dom and everything to be a friendly squid.
>>125899739
Hmm, well, just a message of friendship to all those on land then (ps don't enter the sea)
You found Ulm but not me? Odd.
>>
>>125899972
I haven't really been looking at the water, apart from the thin strip of sea between TC and myself. Don't have much to gain from UW provinces anyway.
>>
>>125900232
That explains it, also I presume you'll always want pearls rather than be selling them, but if you do want to sell them ever, I'll buy.
>>
>>125900758
Right now I'm not really interested in trading anyway and like you say I'll probably never have enough pearls, but sure if I ever have more than I can use I'll let you know. Just promise me you won't start wishing for armageddon.
>>
>>125899972
>I know, but, I went with lower than 10 dom and everything to be a friendly squid.
I was more referring to the lore.
>>
>>125901037
Nah, I may start wishing, but I have other plans than that.
>>125901569
True, but usually there's lore reasons and ingame ocean polution with dom reasons.
>>
Are the underwater factions viable in this game? Looking at the maps the water ratio seems pretty low.
>>
>>125905230
A couple of them are sort of almost decent, like MA and LA R'lyeh, but most of them are pretty shitty. If you want to be underwater, you're better off playing a land nation with decent amphibious options.
>>
>>125905230
it's more of they are best in the water, and other nations tend to have difficulty attacking them

that and since oceans tend to have lots of connections to coastal they are hard to prevent from raiding your weakspots at the worst moments
>>
>>125891890
This makes me happy, given that Fomoria was talking shit about how hard he rekt 150 machakan spearmen and 4 mages with that same army a week ago.
>>
I'm Vanarus in late game situation against MA Pangaea. He has millions of Revelers, and all he does is Protection of Gaea, Army of Gold, Mass Flight, and sometimes more buffs like Weapons of Sharpness / Strength buff.
I have almost all paths available to 4 or 5 with various boosters / summons, but not easily massable.
Is mass Evocations my only hope? Because I always hp route before I can kill a significant amount of Revelers.
>>
>>125905230

Most of the MA water nations are decent enough, LA Ry'leh and EA Therados are difficult to manage but playable. The only water nations that are trash are those with almost 0 land options, with EA Ry'leh being infamous for this.

The defense of being at least partially unassailable to most nations early is huge diplomatically, because it means few will start crap with you since they can't finish you off.
>>
>>125906273

Wrathful skies up and stall long enough until he routs.

Alternatively use turn1 RoS in defense to kill his shit before he buffs it.
>>
>>125906959
Atlantis is pretty much entirely amphibious in all ages so they've got plenty of land options in theory, but apart from LA (which isn't really a water nation anyway) they can't recruit shit on land which seriously hurts them and means they have serious trouble holding onto conquered territory.
>>
>>125906973
From the sound of things, the hordes are killing him v quickly.

RoS is probably the best answer.
>>
>>125907613

Yeah, those Revelers hurt, he has a lot of them and they're flying.

I'll give RoS a try, thanks.
>>
If i want to do turns for a game on another computer do i have to transfer the pretender file?
>>
>>125907496

Atlantis has passable coastal recruits in the MA. The troops aren't stellar, but that's where their main research workhorse is recruited from (coastal only sure, but a LOT of maps have a ton of coast).

EA Atlantis I'll grant you; only thing they can recruit on the land at all useful is good indies like crystals, if they can find any.
>>
>>125909180
You can do it as a trap (round 1 RoS by itself with an armored caster) or with an army if you also put up round 1 fog warriors/army. If you do it as a trap, put extra gems and an anti-thug mage in with them so that he can't just TP a dude ahead of the army to pop it.
>>
>>125909246
No. all that matters is the e-mail address and that the .2h file you send is valid for the turn
>>
>>125909302

One RoS wont be enough, revelers are tough.

>>125909180

I estimate you will need 4 turn 1 RoS to inflict devastating casualties. He could start using his heavy troops tho.

Other spells that work are darkness (buying time for battle enchantment spells to kill him), rigor mortis (same as above plus killing him by itself).
>>
>>125909302
For revelers you probably need 3 RoS casters at a minimum.
>>
Is erf snek 2 dead?
>>
>>125909673
>>125909716

For some reason I was thinking of Maenads, but revelers totally make more sense and yeah you'll need multiple mages for the trap in addition to the anti thug thing. Pans also have decent HP pools, so multiple RoS casts are entirely necessary to get them too
>>
>>125909815
Waiting to hear back from Llama, should be soon but he probably has a life and it's Christmass, so it'll start when he fixes it/says it's completely broken and I go with the secret plan E.
>>
>>125910058
does llama lurk in here?
>>
>>125910356
Nope, but you can email him about stuff.
>>
>>125876161
Eh, it was two, one lost to patroling, the second thrown over the walls to check you actually had troops still in there. Or might have been three? Idk.

I've realised two things in this war:
1. Indies are about as good as any troop I can recruit, in terms of cost effectiveness.
2. Effigies of war are really powerfull.
>>
>>125826001
Jesus Christ, this.
>>
>>125913809
Machaka has shit troops every age period end of sentence.
>>
>>125907496
This is way less true since the UW patch. Have you played atlantis since then?
>>
>>125826001
Somebody is doing it already, but its not as robust.
>>
>>125917608
I'm playing EA Atlantis in a game right now.

On coasts they can recruit a basic H1 priest and an indie-tier infantry unit. That's it. On non-coastal land they literally cannot recruit anything except for indies.
>>
>>125917895
Was talking about MA - sorry, should have specified.
>>
>>125917778
Got a link?
I'm mostly interested in spells, rituals, and indie unit recruits.

Like, I'm curious if some things are just crazy rare, or if I just have odd luck. I've gotten a bunch of Golden Wizards, a few Silver ones, but I've literally never even seen an Iron one in any of my game sso far. Mostly playing as Baron, Necromancer, or Dorfs.
>>
>>125917542
>implying
rhino warriors are decent line holders, and your big lion sacreds from EA are half decent. all their real power is in there mages though that much is true
>>
>>125919163
Rhino warriors are overpriced at best.
Lion warriors are 40g 22r for 22hp, they also have avg attack/def and 2 atks/sq admittedly they hit fucking hard, but how often will they really hit?
>>
WHAT ARE OBJECTIVELY THE STRONGEST RECRUITABLE UNITS IN THE GAME IN ANY GIVEN SITUATION DISREGARDING COST?
>>
>>125919973
if you invest in a minor fire bless they will certainly hit more often
>>
>>125920413
They still cost more than vanhere and are objectively worse.
Or for a better example they're pretty much worse than Kailasa's sacreds (which are cheaper), they're worse than burning ones (more expensive but you have to pay for the heat aura), pick a land nation with cap only sacreds and they're better
>>
>>125921561
>they cost more than vanheres and are worse

Wow, I bet that's not true for anything else.
>>
>>125921892
Hence the other three suggestions.
>>
>>125920284
Hard to say, but you could probably make an argument for rephaites or niefel giants.
>>
>>125920284
Giants of some sort or Ragha's gryphons, depending on bless.
>>
>>125923545

Are we disregarding time too? Because then we'd have to include Sirrushes
>>
>>125925101
Sirrushes are weak as shit.
>>
>>125925101
Werent sirrushes a noob trap?

Bh the way Stalewarrior guys, how deep are we in R'lyeh lands?
>>
>>125925196
>>125925257
They're absolutely awful for their price and the fact that they're StR and basically should never be recruited in an actual game, but the question was about what the strongest individual unit is which disregards all of that. So yeah, I guess a Sirrush would win. I'm not sure who wins between one of those and a Niefel giant in Cold 3
>>
>>125925257
>how deep are we in R'lyeh lands
Do people even still care about R'lyeh? At this point it would be better if we just ganged up on Xibalba to get rid of AC.
>>
>>125925485
OKAY! let me just recruit a bunch of... OH WAIT
I guess I could just summon... SHIT.
maybe I'll just shake my fist at him.
>>
>>125925196

Only because of their retarded 1/per month, SLOW TO RECRUIT!!!, 200 gold cost on a unit that absolutely does not justify it. 100 Sirrushes would be pretty terrifying, and not just because that means turn 200 rolled around.

I'd still put Niefels above them depending on level of cold, mind.
>>
>>125925701
Agreed, I would try to do at least something if I shared a fucking border with him, but I can't even have that.

I love the apocalypse.
>>
Someone should run Stalewarriors as a Greyhawk dnd campaign scenario. I'm sure the PCs would love the apocalypse.
>>
Pretender suggestions for MA Xibalba? Or is the nation too bad to play?
>>
>>125926865
MA Toads is pretty hard to work with. I'm partial to high Water or high Nature do to your beefy toads, but since they are not recruit anywhere the utility is pretty limited.
>>
>>125861728

I'm currently just starting The White-Luck Warrior, having started with TDTCB a couple of months ago based on /domg/ suggestion.

It's definitely one of the best fantasy series I've read. The focus on philosophy is pretty fucking rad.

The next book comes out next July, I think.
>>
File: 2015-12-20_00001.jpg (293KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20_00001.jpg
293KB, 1600x900px
Thanks game, thanks being a Scrub and thanks autorout. I don't know what should i have done, I even casted rigor mortis and he couldn't even spam banish. Just got stuck on the door.

Not even Knights and Lictors could get through so many undeads
>>
>>125927991
I am literally MAD CUZ BAD.

Seriously thinking of just going AI after getting shrekt by this
>>
>>125927991
I hope that was Sceleria casting undead mastery or something because that's pretty fucking ridiculous
MAGE
SUPPORT
>>
>>125928221
Hearts of life
>>125927991
You need to use your mages to kill my mages, basically.
>>
>>125928221
LITERALLY NOTHING. His mages were asleep, just my undead getting stuck on the door and autorout killing them all. Thanks game, I sure deserved that loss.
>>
>>125927991
>not putting your heavy hitters in the very front during fortress attack
you have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>125928534
Dude, I can show you. I had Lictors and Knights on the front. What more could i do?
>>
>>125928142
Are you the same Ermor who wanted to put up BoT after saying you wouldn't?
>>
>>125928331
>Hearts of life
Why does Sceleria have access to multiple hearts of life?

>>125928372
Forts ain't a joke mang, bring more mages next time.
>>
>>125928738
did any of your dusk elders have the A random? could have cast flight on a few lictors and have them jump over
>>
>>125928861
MAGIC.
>>
What does Rigor Mortis actually /do/?
>>
>>125928825
Yeah, I am that faggot. I guess I got my Karmic payback.
>>
>>125929102
50% chance to do 10 stun dmg per turn to any living unit.
>>
>>125929102
Look in the manual, it's stun damage to half the living troops each turn.
>>
File: 1448422980997.png (275KB, 404x341px) Image search: [Google]
1448422980997.png
275KB, 404x341px
>>125929137
>>
>>125929958
>>125929137
>>125929049
>>125928925
>>125928861
>>125928825
>>125928738
>>125928534
>>125928372
>>125928331
>>125928221
>>125928142
>>125927991
At least this game is teaching me something...

Ermor might be OP and good, but sure as fuck it isn't FUN to use. Everyone hates you, you have to move chaff for hours, and you get shit on by retarded mechanics like LOLAUTOROUT FUCK YOU!

Also, Sceleria fucks your ass. A lot.
>>
>>125930776
i read your posts in the last thread just last night and i was looking forward to the eventual meltdown. came sooner than i expected and it is sweet
>>
Descriptions: http://pastebin.com/mrvuSNzH
Mod: https://mega.nz/#!8QxkGahA!pzw_jhSnjaggqDfmVBqXGqhvQiu7urRt13nOolshC6s
>>
I also need someone to set Man AI, anyone volunteer?
>>
>>125932809
[email protected]
>>
>>125932930
>[email protected]
Thanks brother.
>>
post some dom4 memes
>>
File: Dom4 Bangea.png (203KB, 1500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Dom4 Bangea.png
203KB, 1500x2500px
>>125934324
>>
File: Ermor.png (1MB, 1366x732px) Image search: [Google]
Ermor.png
1MB, 1366x732px
>>125934324
Even my gf, who thinks Dom4 is dumb, said, "Why are there that many skeletons?"
>>
>>125934884
So many skeletons, yet they couldn't get through.
>>
>>125890881
m8 I won't be able to submit until 5pm or so on Monday at the earliest
>>
File: 1407755441331.jpg (42KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1407755441331.jpg
42KB, 500x368px
>>125934884
>Erectus
>>
I want to play a nation with strong ASD. Who?
>>
>>125934884
Friendly reminder that THEY ALL DIED because cowards.
>>
>>125936030
Also, does anyone knows what happen when Stealthy researchers get attacked? Do they defend the province?
>>
>>125936157
If they're not hiding, they're not escaping the fight. Stealthy units can move into or out of sieged forts though.
>>
>>125936157
Or, to be more precise, they are researching in a fort and that fort gets stormed.
>>
File: 1402006790615.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1402006790615.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>125936030
>the salt keeps flowing
>>
>>125936376
Nah, the Salt passed away. I was just joking about it. Undead generals likely said "damn we fought a shitload of time, let's go back home, who gives a fuck about those retards"
>>
>>125935042
PST, that is
>>
<most of my mages
>>
I bring you this bounty from the depths of desura

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/early-spells-mod-released

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/extra-endgame-spells

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/visible-sites
>>
Most annoying part of getting hit with Fires from Afar: X number of units have died.
Me: "Well game, what units were they that died?"
Dom4: "Fuck you, I ain't say'in shit"
>>
File: Gee Omlec.jpg (110KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
Gee Omlec.jpg
110KB, 600x599px
>>
>>125945471
Omlec has 3 right hands. I suspect this is a shop.
>>
someone start a new game i can join for during holidays

every other one i'm trying to join is delayed cause bullshit

looking at your erfsneks
>>
File: Cute Skeletons.png (106KB, 446x256px) Image search: [Google]
Cute Skeletons.png
106KB, 446x256px
>>
>>125948395
Make it LA and I'll join.
>>
>>125948512
i've never hosted

from what i've learned about hosting from these threads, it is just adding endless extensions for ulm players?
>>
>>125948632
and finding people to set them AI, yes.
>>
>>125942458
I would like extra endgame if it had better descriptions of what the hell spells did.
>>
>>125948632
smart admins require ulm players to have a second in case of staling.
>>
File: Dude cast BoT.png (317KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dude cast BoT.png
317KB, 600x500px
>>
>>125949852
Smarter admins ban Ulm
>>
I like playing against MA Ulm though. It's so direct. You know where they are, what their armies have, and what their army will do. It's an entirely conventional opponent.
>>
>>125952184
True, but with a good pretender they can field all sorts of nasty surprises in the form of thugs, unexpected buffs, etc.
RoS TRAP!
>>
>>125952570

MA Ulm already gets RoS casters on some of the Master Smiths. Not a high percentage, but MA Ulm should have a shitton of Master Smiths.

A favorite of mine is the pretender using Mass Flight into loads of EQ spam.
>>
>>125953072
It was a joke anon
>>
>>125948786

'expecting to know what spells do before you cast them', are you new to dominions.
>>
>>125953956
>not greentexting a paraphrase
are you new to 4chan?
>>
>>125948401
Jesus Christ how horrifying.
>>
>>125876559
What exactly was your goal here, squiddy?
>>
File: 12521512243.jpg (429KB, 1764x706px) Image search: [Google]
12521512243.jpg
429KB, 1764x706px
Who will win, /domg/?
>>
>>125957026
Lich Queen.

Seraph is poorly geared for the fight, so it's likely the scripting is equally poor.
>>
>>125957026

Uh.. on the one hand, that's not a seraph, other poster, that's a motherfucking CHAYOT. It could conceivably kill it's way through skelespam even with the wrong kind of brand and no gear of worth whatsoever (this is a noobs game right), due to the fire shield + invuln + regen.

Mrs Bones is in a weird place gearwise too, with none of the gear i'd expect. No save fatiguing spells or Petrify would seem to be her friend, but she's not geared or gemmed to cast those.

It will likely come down to a lucky crit chain from a longdead, aka dom4's wonky rng, while the chayot is at 102 fatigue and is unconscious. If that doesn't happen, at some point the chayot will wake up, fly over to mrs bones, and cave her face in with it's gigantic fiery penis.
>>
>>125959757
Seraph is more powerful in my opinion, but I just got the names mixed up. It's still very poorly geared and the strategy it seems to be going for (hit the lich in the face) doesn't work on skellyspam any better with a Chayot rather than a Seraph.

>If that doesn't happen, at some point the chayot will wake up, fly over to mrs bones, and cave her face in with it's gigantic fiery penis.
Mrs Bones can summon 9 skeletons every 2 turns.

There shouldn't be any point where the Chayot has a clear attack on the lich, even with lucky fire shield rolls.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (238KB, 1672x999px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
238KB, 1672x999px
I'm the non mistform guys.
>>
>>125960442

Fire shield clears longdead rather quickly. Chayots are significantly tougher than seraphs, even in poor gear. This means there's a good chance of simply killing off enough longdead to fly and attack - and the square with the most hp will probably be Mrs Bones.

Not even mentioning that there's a good chance that around turn 5 Mrs Bones will start dropping every buff spell known to man. Skelespam is highly prioritized, but casters will not always use it if they have that many other possible buffs to cast. If she decides to spend a bit buffing herself, there's a good chance the skeletons will clear.

>>125960560

Yeah, that's Bretonnia vs Empire. You generally want to be first-turning Storm against the servants of the Lady of the Lake. At least like this you don't have to have the ignominy of your knights just straight up losing lance vs lance.

If you can't guarantee a first turn storm (like if you're attacking) Bright Lords inside pike squares with Blast of Flame researched will drop sweet 15aoe flame blasts all over those mistformed sons of bitches - some empire men will die, but such is empire play.

A single pike formation in the rear with berserking and a Fire Storm from a bright lord will do damage, as well.
>>
>>125957026
WHO WON
>>
File: 125563112352.jpg (450KB, 760x2288px) Image search: [Google]
125563112352.jpg
450KB, 760x2288px
>>125962260
Mrs. Bones "cheated" a little, as she had some troops with her. It happened because she used Stygian Paths to get them on the throne province, but everyone except those knights died in the ensuing battle. Later in the magic movement phase, R'lyeh teleported its Chayot on the same throne. Knights rushed forward and kept it occupied (even infilicing one affliction) until Mrs. Bones skelespammed it to hell. Skellies still couldn't hurt it too much, but eventually the attacker rout turn limit was reached. Chayot was super exhausted, and forced a defender rout turn limit. Mrs. Bones retreated to the adjacent province, while the Chayot had nowhere to retreat. It died.
>>
>>125962708
And yeah, Lich Queen wasn't outfitted properly because I don't give a damn about this game anymore. I just need this one throne to win. R'lyeh can't stop me.
>>
>>125961068
>Chayots are significantly tougher than seraphs, even in poor gear.
The only real advantage of a chayot over a seraph in this case is 11 more hp.

They have equal invulnerability and fireshield, similar defense, and the same encumbrance.

Seraph has the advantage of causing blindness to attackers, so it might even be better than Chayot in this instance.

>This means there's a good chance of simply killing off enough longdead to fly and attack - and the square with the most hp will probably be Mrs Bones.
As far as I know, choice of targets for normal attacks doesn't check hp density at all.

You can attack large (won't work here), attack rear (might work), or attack closest/none (won't work)

>>125962708
>one side has troops
Now we still have no idea who would have won a 1v1.
>>
I sent the turn in late last night, to be greeted with WRONG TURN NUMBER when I woke up.

It's official, I'm retarded.
>>
>>125964583
I postponed for 24 hours a while ago.
>>
>>125964793
Thank you based Admin for suffering through my retardation.
>>
>>125957026
>no reinvigoration
Someone who's not a lazy shit like me should make a guide for thugs and SC and the first line should be "if you're planning to fight more than 1-4 PD your guy needs to avoid his fatigue getting high and heres how."
>>
>>125968341
Unless they're undead or otherwise non-living.
>>
>>125968410
that's one way to avoid getting too much fatigue - pretty sure 0-enc guys take roll penalties and crits like everyone else
>>
Did someone write a primer for magic yet for the wiki?
>>
ded
>>
>>125969820
>contributing to the wiki
>being constructive

Heh.
>>
>>125948401
I laugh every time
>>
File: latest.jpg (18KB, 343x358px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
18KB, 343x358px
Hope you have a good turn today!
>>
>>125974512
Nobody is sending their turns today ;_;
>>
>>125973539
I've got nothing better to do at the moment so I might as well do something.
I was thinking that it should just go something like
-Combat spells
-rituals
-items and boosters
-some miscellaneous things like elementals and their uses or unique things about the path
>>
File: tumblr_nkt5junb3G1qe9g4mo1_500.jpg (295KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkt5junb3G1qe9g4mo1_500.jpg
295KB, 500x529px
>tfw noturns
>>
I'm turning myself AI. This map fucking blows. I'm surrounded by water on ALL fucking sides, Pelagia that went AI at fucking turn 15 keeps raiding me and casting province-wide cold shit with ALL its spells, and I've killed my only direct competition off ages ago.

If the guy who made this map is around: don't do shit like make an island people can't get off at all without amphibious shit.
>>
File: Ermor posters.jpg (478KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
Ermor posters.jpg
478KB, 1170x780px
>>
Which is better: fireball or ice strike?
>>
>>125977109
Usually Fireball because of the AoE heat shock.
>>
>>125977189
>Evo 8 < evo 3

For what pvrpose
>>
What is the best faction for beginners and does it have a guide?

Looking to get into this game
>>
>>125977989
The best faction for beginners is a hotly debated subject. MA and EA T'ien Ch'i as well as EA R'lyeh are usually the ones recommended most.
>>
what do i do with the wish spell
>>
>>125978496
Wish for girls
>>
>>125978496
Do you know the game ARMA?

You can geddon it with the Wish spell.
>>
>>125978689
what are those
>>
>>125977189
>>125977109
I'm a dumb, ice strike is the physical damage one with scaling AoE. It's still generally worth using Falling Frost over it if your targets aren't cold resistant, but being physical damage in the water school is kinda its niche. Fireball serves a different purpose, but because it's armor piercing it's probably still better anyways against moderately armored targets. It kinda depends on level and the targets being hit at that point, since Ice Strike has scaling AoE.
>>
File: Spoppy.gif (74KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
Spoppy.gif
74KB, 500x533px
>>
Where are my turns, goddammit?
>>
Why havent Ermor adopted Skeleton catapults that fling Skeletons over the wall and then reanimate them on the other side for "deep penetration"

All you need is one cheeky Necromancer and some zombies to man the catapult
>>
>>125983817
Pankoman has banned all siege engines from Dominions.
>>
I got sweet dream today, domg.
After I wrecked Vanheim's shit it asked for 4 pearls which I payed happily. But in reality there is no 4 pearls peace.
Only elf tears. Works for me tho.
>>
>>125984171
I dreamed I beat the shit out of my sister for no apparent reason.

Not sure what that was about.
>>
>>125983908

But that retetarded its like the Geneve Convention ...nobody follows its only when its convinent

What if its a Golem or undead giant that flings the Skeletons thats technincally not a siege engine
>>
>>125984336
If the Geneva convention were established by an all seeing entity that literally made the sun rise and could imprison you for eternal torture in Tartarus just by thinking about it, then I expect that it would be followed.
>>
>>125984336
The Geneva Convention isn't enforced by God.
>>
>>125984449
Yes it is
t. g-d
>>
>>125984440
>>125984449

No wonder everone want to become the new GOD...he is a bitch little kid who cant allowe fun
>>
>>125985010
It's not like his potential replacements are any better, though. I mean look at the mages. "I want to become God because... I've got nothing better to do lol." It's those guys against his whole menagerie of pets and bastards and jealous former bitches.
>>
>>125986401
A vote for me for pankoman is a vote for a pony in every household
>>
File: Mom_knife.png (472KB, 718x569px) Image search: [Google]
Mom_knife.png
472KB, 718x569px
Reminder that THIS is how you play Abysia
>>
>>125989412
Those provinces aren't all owned by horrors 2/10
>>
>>125989412

Does Abysia excel in anything other than losing?
>>
>>125989970
LA Abysia's a decent blood nation
>>
File: 436215364.gif (79KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
436215364.gif
79KB, 400x300px
>>125989412
Just play a nation with glamour, and your opponent is not going to know where your commanders are.
>>
>>125977989
>>125978442

i had a pretty easy time with EA Pangea too.
>>
File: Abysia v Gath.png (265KB, 517x398px) Image search: [Google]
Abysia v Gath.png
265KB, 517x398px
>>125989412
No, THIS is how you play Abysia
>>
>>125978442
T'ien Ch'i, while not a weak nation per se, has advantages that are difficult for a new player to realize. EA R'lyeh is just hopelessly weak.

Factions like EA/MA Pangaea have advantages that are easy to realize and are more forgiving of mistakes (your army suddenly starts starving despite huge supply boost from your nature mages? not a big deal, since your troops have recuperation and will get rid of the disease soon enough) than other nations, but ultimately you should play something that you find thematically interesting.
>>
>>125991181

Then half of /Domg would play MA Ermor

>And they do
>>
>>125918321
Anyone? I'd like to see it.
>>
one more and we can start today!

https://mega.nz/#!8QxkGahA!pzw_jhSnjaggqDfmVBqXGqhvQiu7urRt13nOolshC6s
>>
this thread slower than these turns
>>
>>125997721
it's the holiday season, what did you expect?
>>
File: marryXmas.png (3KB, 52x64px) Image search: [Google]
marryXmas.png
3KB, 52x64px
>>
Hello /domg/

I am literally an elf in real life

My stats are better than you, I live a more expensive lifestyle than you do and my women are sexier than yours.

What are you going to do about it, human bitch?
>>
>>125838752
>blood on an immobile imprisoned pretender
oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>126000864

Assuming I'm not a Rephaite with even better stats, and an even more expensive lifestyle.

Bitch I eat people!
>>
File: sickos.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
sickos.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>126000864
>I'm human
>my stats are shit
>my life is shit
>I literally live in shit
>I'm pretty much a retard caveman compared to elves
>elven women would still rather fuck me than preserve their own race
>elves are literally going extinct because all the women are fucking humans and all the men are fucking other men
>mfw
>>
>>125957026
Chayot if it casts Magic Duel.
The lich doesn't really care too much if it's in friendly dominion, though.
>>
>>125986885
Vermin Supreme for presidente when
>>
How to deal with Abysia as EA Ulm? I've tried a ton of shit and nothing seems to work. I try my best and barely break even.

Do I just rush conj 3 then enchantment 6, and go for fire ward?

What troops should I use? So far best I've found is the iron warriors, but even they aren't great. Nobody else seems to have strong enough weapons to deal with their armor.
>>
how do i play this fucking game, oh my god
>>
>>126007883
Alteration. It gets you earth meld to slow them down early, and then destruction which removes their armor entirely. With their armor gone, you can kill them with both magic and weapons

That said, the direct fight won't go in your favor early. You most likely want to raid them using your stealthy units to cripple them economically. Given that you have foreign recruit units, you can continue bolstering your army even if your forward forts are besieged and then use that to do yet more raiding. Cut off their reinforcements when you find them greatly outnumbered. Once you have the research needed to deploy your smiths, you can bring them out with your stealthy units in support and then beat them with a surprise attack.
>>
>>126007883
Spam Destruction. It's an alteration spell.
>>
>>126008210
Play a PBEM, get wrecked, repeat.
>>
>>126007883

Rain is your friend, for starter. Most of EA Ulm's units have cold resist, so you could also try to throw up Grip of Winter if you have a high enough water caster (Construction 6 gets Ulm to Water 3 easily, which can cast it with an extra gem)
>>
>>126008349
pbem?
>>
>>126008613
Play
By
E
Mail
>>
>>126008483
>Construction 6 gets Ulm to Water 3 easily
You gotta be kinda lucky. 2W smiths are pretty rare.
>>
>>126008613
Play by e-mail. Instructions linked in the OP
>>
How long do games normally last in turns?
>>
>>126009018
It depends on the number of players, the size of the map, how aggressive the players are, the victory conditions, etc.

Generally somewhere between 40 and 100 turns.
>>
>>126009018
Depends on the size of the game. Generally 40-70 for smaller games and around 75-100 for bigger ones.
>>
>>126009018
Usually after 3 turns everybody got fed up with the game and let the AI take over
>>
>>126008210
Learn the controls and basic mechanics against the AI, then start playing multi.
Also read the fucking manual
>>
>>126008930

1 in 32 Warrior Smiths are Water 2. As your main lab rat as Ulm, you should be drowning in them. They're not common, sure, but you'd be pretty unlucky not to have one by the time you hit Const 6 unless you're rushing it.
>>
>>126010420
If I pass out the temporary water gem items, will those count for having a 3W cast Grip of Winter?
>>
is there any generally accepted price that people trade gems for? or is it always just... whatever you can negotiate
>>
>>126011004
Varies on the stage of the game. I tend to go 50 gold ea when I'm buying them (lower if I can, more if I need the gems) and never sell them
>>
>>126010741

Yes and no. A W2 Warrior Smith with a bracelet boosts to W3, and can cast it with 2 gems and the temp water gem item.

Alternatively, you can spluerg for a robe too, and just boost to W4.
>>
>>126011739
>spluerg
That sounds really gross somehow.
>>
>>125976990
I agree.
>>
>>126000864
Prepare to be removed
>>
any games open for joining?
>>
>>126011004
They typically go for somewhere between 15 and 50 as the low and high ends. ~20-30 is the common amount.
>>
File: oh lawdy.jpg (33KB, 1289x184px) Image search: [Google]
oh lawdy.jpg
33KB, 1289x184px
I didn't even take any luck.

Shame I'm probably still fucked in this game.
>>
>>126000871

new player + MA Abysia

>my sides
>>
>>126010741

You really don't need to get elaborate.

Twin shortsword women in line formation + rain will gold for gold defeat abysians every single time.

If you have LESS gold, simple use of Destruction will let you defeat abysian armies that cost literally ten times as much as your force.

The exception to this is blessed burning ones, in which case, a) tell us the fucking bless
b) you're still probably fine
>>
>>126024564
>Twin shortsword women in line formation + rain will gold for gold defeat abysians every single time.
They don't. Abysian armor is too good, the swords don't have enough damage per hit, the armor absorbs most hits.

>The exception to this is blessed burning ones, in which case, a) tell us the fucking bless
b) you're still probably fine
It's not one particular game. I've been playing with friends, and I'm just getting really unlucky and start near Abysia every game.
>>
>>126025020

You know regular abysians cost 20g, right? So if you're pitting 50 women against 50 abysians, you have about half the gold value on the field?

The weight of shortswords very definitely kills equal gold of abysians. If they aren't, for you, you're doing something wrong or the rng is fucking you.

That you're not really giving any details makes it hard to diagnose your problem - additionally, that you're playing with friends (and probably the same abysia player each time) makes it doubly difficult - if he's just expanding better, using better formations, putting Sermon on his troops and using mage support and you aren't, the problem has nothing to do with killing the abysians and everything to do with the surrounding factors.
>>
>>126025414
The Abysian is not a player. I actually haven't fought a human as Ulm yet, because I keep dying to AI Abysia before I can meet anyone.

Sometimes mages do blow my guys up, but I have a tough time against Abysians even without any mages backing them up.

I'll try destruction next time. That's alteration right?
>>
what's the best mod to make AI not just spam chaff and actually recruit good stuff
>>
>>126026032
Wait, you're losing to AI?
I, uh

That sounds more like a player problem than a matchup problem.
>>
>>126025414
>So if you're pitting 50 women against 50 abysians, you have about half the gold value on the field?
Steel Maidens cost 14 gold each though.

Equal goldcost is 70 maidens against 50 abysians. They should win that with smart use of mages, but it's not an auto-win.

>>126026032
Destruction is alt4, yes. You'll need Conj3 for Summon Earthpower as well.

You'll have a lot more E2 mages than E3, so Summon Earthpower will get them to E3 to cast Destruction. Even with E3 mages it's worth summoning earthpower before other spells.

If it's a really early fight or an E1 mage you can have them use Armor of Achillies (alt2). It has a much smaller AoE (so you need a lot more casts) but it does the same thing as Destruction.
>>
>>126026032

Uh, well. Hrm. Losing to AI Abysia. Well. Are you building the twin shortsword women? Do you have production/order scales? Cold scales?

>>126026894

MP.
>>
>>126028153
need something to do while i wait for nerds to take their turns
>>
Its been a good fight in Crapaclysm, but i did nto get enough help vs orage when it would have mattered, and some people attacked those attacking orange.

I had not intended a stale, in fact I went to sleep thinking I had submitted and I am still not entirely sure why it did not take. I don't think that I can push back Orange (again) because the stale came at a particularly bad time, although I believe had I been able to get the turn in it would not likely change the eventual outcome, just delay it a bit.

Orange, I think I at least made you work for it!
>>
>>126026894
There's a smart recruitment mod floating around on Desura somewhere that makes AI recruit national troops much more often.
>>
>>126028153
I tried the twin shorts one game. They were not great. I found the iron warriors better, because the hammers could deal with the abysian armor better.

If I go with destruction, wouldn't the shield women be better than the twin shortsword ones? I won't need the DPM if there's no stupid armor to get through. Or will I?
>>
>repeatedly try to tell admin that I need an extension
>he ignores me completely
>turn goes forward anyway
>>
>>126030069
The only time you should be using shield maidens over steel maidens is when there's archers on the field, and Abysia has no archers. USE DESTRUCTION. Having multiple attacks on units is a big deal in dominions, they will mince unarmoured units.
>>
>>126030069
Killing things faster is always good. Units with multiple attacks take buffs really well too. Try giving them Strength of Giants sometime, it makes them hit nearly as hard as (unbuffed) iron warriors but with more attacks.

>>126030376
Time to go AI?
>>
>>126030376

The funniest part was that he stale too.
>>
>>126031665
>>126030376
These things are most likely related.
>>
>>125963502
>the only real advantage is 11 more hp

uuuh, doesn't Chayot have 3 other forms it will auto switch too when at negative health?
>>
File: 2015-12-21_00004.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21_00004.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
>arco lost all of his troops
RIP
>>
>>126034529
looks like his time is ogre
>>
>>126033605
It keeps the damage taken between forms, last I checked.

I think the shapechanging might prevent instant death spells from killing it, but that isn't important against skellyspam.
>>
how to counter bless strat? they are so overwhelming for new player
>>
>>126037902
The exact answers depend on the sacred that you're fighting and what bless they took. Killing N9 giants is different from killing W9 vanhere and both are different from killing N9B9 jags
>>
Should I get CoE4? I have CoE3, what's the difference? Will it be on sale anytime soon?
>>
>>126038585
Flaming arrows on cheap ranged units is a good answer to all of those.
Earthmeld/Maws is too.
If you don't have F/E, you can use tangle vines in N cascades in S. There's other stuff but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
>>
>>126038585
in my case it is N9B9 jags, I just can't manage to harm them due to their hp and regen, and on top of that they shifted into wereform when put into lethal, any tips?
>>
>>126039019
I could see if flame arrows would work, but I wonder how to counter them when they are attacking you early (after all it is the most effective timing they have with this strat right?)
>>
>>126039390
It's Ench4 so it's reasonably easy to reach. Unfortunately it's also a path that people tend not to go down without good reason.
>>
Also, whats the counter to being rushed by N9B9F9D9 Jags?
>>
>>126037902
Pull a forester bob.
>>
>>126039524
Unless you're MA Agartha, in which case pretty much everything you need apart from actual attack spells and construction is in there.
>>
>>126040041
>F9D9
Bad decisions general
>>
>>126041967
>he doesn't want flaming death weapons
>>
>>126040041
Give him hell as long as you can then go ai and join a new game. You're fucked already.
>>
>>126029810

Your narrative about how i'm the big bad is incredibly annoying when Grey is walking around with tartarians and actual proper SCs and huge armies, and overrunning entire nations in like 2 turns.

You had 5 nations 'helping' you fight me. After you invaded me because I put PD into a province I took from indies that you thought 'should be yours'. I've had an open offer for peace with anyone this entire time.

You REALLY dug your own hole, mate. Acting like it's other people's fault or whatever is awful.
>>
>>126040169
Ma Agartha Ma Ctis are both great examples. But pretty much any nation with cheap D2+ mages wants Ench early.
>>
>>125862324
>>125862418
Okay champ, get that turn in when you can. Will wait a day max, but keep me posted.
>>
File: qsdqsd.png (24KB, 299x395px) Image search: [Google]
qsdqsd.png
24KB, 299x395px
Guess how many sacreds I just sent over the border
>>
What did you think was going to happen?
Then I attacked and PD killed my pretender
>>
File: weirdasfug.jpg (140KB, 823x506px) Image search: [Google]
weirdasfug.jpg
140KB, 823x506px
So apparently summoning uniques that someone else prophetized and later got killed, means they maintain their prophet status but not the H3.
>>
where the pbem at?
>>
>>126047798
natgen is literally always fun.
>>
>>126047858

>minotaurgen

Getting rushed by sacreds is always fun. Sobek/avvite/minotaurland, the game.
>>
>>126048030
the program threw out minotaurs pretty often desu, the only thing it threw out more were dustwalkers unfortunately though all of the dustwalker nations looked incredibly similar.
>>
does recuperation heal diseases?
>>
What's a good /domg/ name for my new kitten?
>>
has anyone else played Conquest of Elysium 4 by the same guys?

this is fucking awesome. i hope they incorporate some of the mechanics from this into dom5 if they ever get around to making it

>actual alt planes like hades and inferno
>when you summon demons you are literally stealing them from the inferno map
>banishing demons sends them back to the inferno instead of destroying them
>different nations have different resources they need, like a skelly nation on steroids
>>
>>126044991
Just took my turn, thanks for waiting.
>>
>>126049601
Grigori or Azazel. if female you could name her Karya
>>
>>126049817
sweet, no probs
>>
>>126049601

catoblepas
>>
>>126049601
Bob
>>
>>126048030
Living the salt life. You forget about the Awe2 regular bird recruits with lances (not 100% sure on the lances)
>>
>>126051381

Does Awe even work against trample? Because if not that could get really awkward.
>>
>>126051381
most have lances, but no one picked them, probably because their mages are kind of boring.
>>
>>126051520
Birds are size 3, so Minos can't trample them.
>>
>>126051520
It does not.
>>
>>126051520
minotaurs and birds are both size3. but minos have Berserk, so they ignore awe anyways.
>>
So remember those suggestions that people posted earlier about dealing with a monument? Like, thugs with smashers, earth mages walking up and spamming shatter and so on? Yeah, they don't work against 1300 HP. Soul slay spam with 20 mages also doesn't kill it before they finish their script and start spamming paralyze instead. The only efficient way I found to kill it was just eat the average of 10 mage losses and spam magic duel until it died. Immobiles are fucking awful to remove, and the insanely indestructible monument has to be the worst. An S7+ monument will basically only die to dom kill or hundreds of earth gems in smashers on chasses with enough MR to not chain paralyze themselves on astral shield while the monument enslaves them.
>>
If anyone feels like removing Agartha before he goes full statue apocalypse, now would be a good time. I just nuked one of his armies and he's got another, bigger one coming my way.
>>
>>126051956
wait you didn't reduce the monuments hp by lowering the Dom in the province first?
>>
>>126052048
If I'm going to wait to dom kill it, I may as well just do that. I beat their armies very quickly and don't want to bother spamming temples.
>>
>>126052141
So why did the monument not just break your siege?
>>
>>126052326
Immobiles can't break siege or patrol.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 104x93px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 104x93px
>>126052369
Bullshit.
>>
>>126052590
Huh. I guess I was wrong about patrolling. The Monument can patrol but not break siege.
>>
CliffsOfDivinity is full! I can't wait to play what looks like my favorite nation ever.
>>
Wait, what?
>Game: MedievalTimes
>Turn number 65
>Next turn due: 06:04 GMT on Monday January 25th
>>
>>126049910
GF says she'll think about "Watcher." She thinks it's from Buffy. Giles seems a likely compromise.
>>
>>126053679
Grigori is legitimately a popular name for dogs on the slavic side of my family. Maybe it's an Eastern Orthodox thing, but I know three dogs named that.
>>
>>126053679
name it Poju after some /ss/
>>
File: Tomoko_kuroki_two_eyes.jpg (36KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko_kuroki_two_eyes.jpg
36KB, 500x492px
>>126049601
There is only one acceptable answer.
>>
>>126053990
You better mean "Forester Bob," not some weak weeb shit like Tomoko.
>>
>>126054095
Niklatu is the only true answer, that pussy(cat) would get so much pussy.
>>
Hows the Nation game going?
>>
>>126038878
mega.nz/#!q94VwDgA!HSuFL3qE4wZhUHLXK_Wko-5fo8R30Bdz5FZN1GJ1NJk
Find out for yourself!
>>
>>126053056
I'll start it up in 15 minutes.
if anyone here needs to change their pretender now would be a good time to do so.
>>
>>126054937

Looking at some of the possible starts on this map. Thank god for flying.
>>
File: X5FSTzl.jpg (118KB, 635x440px) Image search: [Google]
X5FSTzl.jpg
118KB, 635x440px
>>126054937

For reference, btw
>>
File: Nope.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>126055319
>and then it has illusionists, heavy cavalry, and crossbows in it.
>>
>>126034529
I'm still here motherfuckers, with my Mystic Prophet and his single ogre bodyguard while he adopts the life of Diogenes the cynic, shouting at lampposts and masturbating in public
>>
>>126056010
>pan went AI before Arco.
>>
get an empty nation select box when I go to take the turn, may need a had.
Enabled both mods, disabled others, have the map.
>>
>>126056576
Enable a mod, press Create Game, press esc, then try open the turn.
>>
>pretty new, still playing against AI
>spend six hours fucking around with pale ones trying to finally get to that spell that screws over everyone just for fun
>only needed one more level
>healthy pretender just fucking dies the next turn and i have no clue why.

there was no invasion listed, everything was k. he was just sitting there researching (yes i know this is a waste but i just really wanted to cast that spell and be done).
>>
File: tenders.jpg (65KB, 517x355px) Image search: [Google]
tenders.jpg
65KB, 517x355px
pretender names
>>
>>126054937
I made my pretender with the wrong domgbalance mod. Will I be okay?
>>
>>126057049
That's odd.

Post a picture of your message log for the turn?
>>
>>126057202
As long as it didn't recost the pretender that you chose you should be fine. Not sure if it even recosts any. If it did, then it will send out a message to the whole game that you're cheating.
>>
>>126057114
warlords player spotted
>>
>>126056665
Full house, 6-trips on 5's. It worked, nicely done.
>>
>>126057202
/domg/ balance mod doesn't touch pretenders, and there is almost zero functional difference between the two, I just took out anything that affected nations.
>>
File: RIP.png (1MB, 671x733px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
1MB, 671x733px
Holy shit, this map is fucking retarded.
>>
>>126057254
I ended the game, but the log I got just mentioned that the nation of ulm reamed everything and their pretender god was the last one standing. the only thing I can think of is that maybe my god had a disease and I just like didnt see the icon? it would have been first stage though, also my pretender was undead so no idea if undead can still get diseases.
>>
>>126057284
I assume that Red Rider is also a Sartek reference.
>>
>>126057320
>there's more than one capital start like this
I knew Fantomagoria was bad, but I didn't realize it was this bad.
>>
>>126057320

Man, bet you wish you were BIRDS, huh. Then that would be an amazingly good start. Imagine the defense. Like Caelum in All Yesterdays.
>>
File: image001-20151221-031757918.png (802KB, 1040x807px) Image search: [Google]
image001-20151221-031757918.png
802KB, 1040x807px
The Dark Age of Minotaurs confirmed
>>
>>126057491
that message meant Ulm won the game.
>>
>>126057491
Oh, so it wasn't just your pretender that died, right? You just lost the game. This means that either Ulm took enough thrones to win the game or their dominion killed yours.
>>
>>126057625
Ohhhh. It all makes sense now. Yeah they had all the thrones i'm an idiot sorry.
>>
>>126057491
What >>126057612 said. Probably a throne victory.

>also my pretender was undead so no idea if undead can still get diseases.
Undead can get diseased, but they're not affected by it.
>>
>>126057603
that's still a really defensible position, the only downside is if you want your cap ring you have to go out and circle around, and that if you have cap only mages they're going to have a really hard time being where you need them.
>>
>>125965807
Ahem. Your turn is still pending, m8. I postponed for another 24 hours because I saw it only now, but come on.
>>
>>126054747
>mega.nz/#!q94VwDgA!HSuFL3qE4wZhUHLXK_Wko-5fo8R30Bdz5FZN1GJ1NJk

HOLY FREAKING SHIT MAN I TRIED ALL THE TORRENTS AND THE CRACK WAS DOWN

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
>>
so when you guys are playing these multi games with strangers how does that work out? I know for me personall games can take forever when im jsut fucking around with the AI on small maps. On large maps with other players it must take forever.

are you guys just faster cause you've been playing longer? Do you make sure everyones playing in the same timezone?
>>
>>126059007
It does take forever, since most games only do one turn per day or even less. Considering games tend to take at least 40-60 turns to finish (assuming you don't get killed early which is of course always a possibility), the average game takes months to finish.

Most people join multiple games at once so they get more turns per day.
>>
>>126059007
>Do you make sure everyones playing in the same timezone?
PBEM is almost always a turn per day or fewer, so that's not really an issue.

>are you guys just faster cause you've been playing longer?
Pretty much. Multiplayer games don't tend to go anywhere near as many turns as singleplayer does.
>>
File: cliffsofdivinity.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cliffsofdivinity.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Where are the nations ? :DDD
>>
>>126059702
See >>126056665

It's a bug that happens with modnations.
>>
>>126059604
>>126059530
ah alright. That actually makes me a lot less nervous to play multi. I had a few games where multiplayer worked that way and they were p fun and relaxed.

Is there a turnskip feature if someone is taking far too long? I can see people maybe quitting halfway through but never bothering to actually leave or surrender as an issue.
>>
>>126059834
Yeah, there's always a turn timer (usually starts at 24 hours, but goes up at midgame) and if someone hasn't done their turn by the end of the timer they stale and the game goes to the next turn. If someone gets a lot of stale turns, they're usually forced to go AI, or a replacement player is found.
>>
File: Greece.jpg (25KB, 861x210px) Image search: [Google]
Greece.jpg
25KB, 861x210px
>>126056010
>>126034529
I'd say in the in the analogue of Greek history I'm roughly in the year 2009
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>126060356
>>
>>126053835
I can't believe you said that and actually expected someone to know what you are talking about.

and i can't believe you were right.
>>
>>126060827
Poju is mainstream as shit.
>>
>>126060827
I can't believe he referenced to Poju as straight shota when the guy is mostly known for his gay shota apart from like one story.
>>
File: Stalewarriors in a nutshell.jpg (62KB, 868x220px) Image search: [Google]
Stalewarriors in a nutshell.jpg
62KB, 868x220px
Welp, my prophet got this, and now he can't capture thrones. Not that it matters now, of course.
>>
>>126061720
>guy is mostly known for his gay
As far as west goes he was popularized by journey to the west and a few other straight stories half a decade ago. There was almost no gay shota available at that point.
>>
File: filthy casual.jpg (20KB, 467x325px) Image search: [Google]
filthy casual.jpg
20KB, 467x325px
>>126062183
>There was almost no gay shota available at that point.
Bullshit. All his gay stuff was available long before Journey to the West became popular. Just because you don't want to see it doesn't mean it's not available.
>>
>>126062565
>All his gay stuff was available long before
I've actually been looking for his works in early 2008 and there really wasn't a lot of it available. Unless you count straight fur.
>>
>>126049801
Nope, never heard of it.
>>
File: 23462612623.jpg (67KB, 1796x164px) Image search: [Google]
23462612623.jpg
67KB, 1796x164px
Post your losses.
>>
>>126057809
It's done and sent and new turn.

Want to guess why it and a Fashionably Late turn didn't go to the right place?
>>
File: 2015-12-21_00001.jpg (329KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21_00001.jpg
329KB, 1680x1050px
>>126045941
Why Guess?
>>
>>126051381

I'm surprised no-one picked saren or whatever. Fear-5 undead flying infantry, fear-5 flying ice protection sacreds, caelian lance troops - mix those things together and you have good times.

Also the mages were death/air, Wailing Winds + fear 5 flying infantry = HAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>126055497

>the army is largely made up of vine ogres. Blah the Great Mother was seen towering over the

NOPE
>>
File: i dead.png (160KB, 455x589px) Image search: [Google]
i dead.png
160KB, 455x589px
Well, this is it, I am ready to throw in the towel. My oracles were blinded and that cost me the battle.

To sum up: this was a pretty enterntaining game. Why did I lose? Blaming random numbers is what a scrub would do, but I was getting raped by bad events (despite taking Luck 1) from the get-go, losing my expansion parties/fortresses to random barbarian&shambler attacks, getting +50 unrest events in my capital and provinces turns 2-3, losing my only lab in turn 5 and finding literally no Earth sites anywhere despite searching with E4 mages. I had a small screw up here or there, but nothing game breaking.

I got double teamed by Ashdod and Skellyeria somewhere around turn 25, managed to strike a peace deal with the latter, had some good battles with the giants but their economic advantage is what slowly spelled my doom. Mictlan decided to join in my slaughter several turns ago.
>>
>>126067402

The situation so far is: Ermor is getting is getting manhandled by Sceleria, who is also destroying Oceania, Ashdod is blobbing like crazy (grabbing AI Pangaea's lands), completely unchecked, Man has gone AI and Mictlan and Marignon are at eachother since turn 15. I have no idea what is goin on elsewhere. I think that in the end it will be Sceleria vs Ashdod, and the former will win, because Ashdod is a scrub lmao get rekt. No really, he isn't super good

What did I learn? Do not take Luck 1 because it increases the chance of random events greatly and rarely pays off. Be diplomatic, it can really save your ass, you can do a lot by just talking to people and it makes the game more interesting. Also? Pray to the Random Number God every day, amen.
>>
>>126031665
>>126030376
Guys if you are having problems with your admin you can mail Llama.

He can set someone else admin and save you
>>
>>126067649
MA Agartha is an interesting nation. It is really versatile and somewhat strong, however, it is, evidently, insanely dependent on having a large, steady source of earth gems to function.

Finally, don't back out too soon, fighting for your last square meters of land can be interesting. Godspeed you neckbeards
>>
>>126067649
Hey, I took two territories after you said you were completely wreckt by Ashdod, and gave them back when you clarified that you weren't super dead.
What happened to Metal Gear?
>>
File: 1414064085328.png (74KB, 377x304px) Image search: [Google]
1414064085328.png
74KB, 377x304px
>>126066972
I thought about it, but I wanted to practice my blood since its something I never really use.
>>
>>126067763

only if you take a bless for your statues

protip: don't bless your fucking statues, take scales instead, magma erupt everything, cast Marble Warriors on your Magma Children, take air on your god and pray for crystal amazons because Mass Flying Marble Earth Elementals is fucking hilarious, mass EQ anything that so much as tries to be human sized and a wizard anywhere near you, craft vitriols and then give THEM marble warriors, call them your foo lions because they're made of stone, unironically cast Acid Storm, siege with (d)umbrals and laugh as they wander through castle walls, derp around underwater with shard guards and pale ones while not even caring, enemy attacks your fort and SURPRISE IT WAS FULL OF GOLEM CRAFTERS, because you use them as research mages, because fuck efficiency every fort should spit earth elementals and magma eruptions if bovvered and be able to completely empty itself if required to win wars.

Then you sip lava cocktails served in your underground bar by magma children in skimpy outfits while reclining on an earth elemental, push back your sunglasses (that you're wearing in pitch darkness), tip the stone statue waiter, kick the pale one cowering in the corner, and say 'it's good to be agartha'.
>>
>>126069157
>protip: don't bless your fucking statues

wrong. n9 is objectively the best idea on MA agartha. it isn't even expensive, you can have scales with it.
>>
>>126069157
This is a really bad protip.
>>
>>126069157
You're bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>126069157
Even if you don't focus on vomiting sacred statues errywhere, N9 is still good on your shart guards. And as long as you have N9, there's no reason not to use statues. You can still do all the other things in addition to having a frontline that's almost impossible to kill by mundane means.
>>
>>126067786
GG for "losing" that cap battle. What the fuck man HOW. My fucking skellingtons sucked dick against yours.
>>
>>126067649
Sceleria has already eaten Oceania, is eating me and Pelagia, but he will still lose because Ashdod is a megablob and can rape undead hordes.

Anyway I'd like to say something about Ermor. The Tribless strat that is so popular thanks to a let's play where it won isn't that good. You have great rush potential, but you have to waste gems on lictor summoner and you have no mages and no research.

If I Could go back, I would take a dormant sick rainbow and spam only mages. I really think that being able to use all the gems you get from L3M3 is way better than some blessed locators and knights.

You can also have a almost nice research because of Mage spamming. I don't really know tho, I am just a freaking scrub
>>
>>126070617

Getting a critical mass of research while having mages actually in the field requires pretty much every single gold, and often an awake expander. N9 Shard Guards cost resources and big piles of gold to make, which means you expand slower, and set up forts slower than with an awake expander and/or pure scales. For their cost, they're not great sacred standard at all. With a nation that has such amazing mages, taking gold and scales and design points to instead produce a meh sacred is horrific.

Statues are hard to kill. Chipping away at them nearly never kills them, even without n9. E9 can push them to 'can't be chipped', which might matter at some point, but generally a critical mass of statues requires a specialized counter. Which is great, except it's completely meaningless, because that 'critical mass' is roughly 'all your earth gems for the first 24 turns' and at that point if it overruns someone who doesn't into how to mage/raid/bypass, well great, you can maybe do a hotstep and turn that into enough money to get your mages back in the game and win - meanwhile, mage tactics agartha has a smooth divisible power curve that can be adapted to any tactic, and any foe, doesn't rely on luck or inexperience, needs only basic research to be useful and blossoms as time goes on almost exponentially, spends it's earth gems on extremely effective buffs and elementals that trample enemies and wipe them out before their strategy can go into effect, and in general delivers a hell of a lot more flexibility AND power than 'a front line that is hard to kill' that relies on stabbing things to death with atk: poo statues and vaguely hoping your enemy doesn't have an effective magic use of any kind.

>>126070523
>>126070352
>>126070110

:^) and yet I won with scales MA Agartha, and all these people lose with n9/e9/n9e9 ma agartha
>>
>>126073467
>Anyway I'd like to say something about Ermor
you're not qualified
>>
>>126073710
You'd actually have a point if taking N9 killed your scales.

PROTIP: It doesn't.
>>
>>126073917
But I get his point. Why take a bless if you aren't going to use it for ANYTHING? A statue strat requires maximum focus to be effective, taking N9 just for kicks is utterly useless.
>>
>>126073917

Feel free to show how taking n9 gets you more gold as agartha than pure scales or awake snek. Keep in mind that 'shard guards take provinces with only blah shard guards!' only works on some provinces, and sometimes not at all. They are not a top tier sacred, or particularly good at fast expansion.
>>
>>126074503
But you're going to use statues anyway. Just because you use mages and magma children and battlefield enchants as well doesn't mean you don't want statues.
>>
>>126074609
Having Marble Warriors'd Magma children is all you need. I could only justify taking a N9 if you want to thug with Marble Oracles, those things are mighty on their own.
>>
>>126074602
>taking Air on an awake snek

Way to waste your points.
>>
>>126074609

You want statues for statue things. Namely, you want them for 'in your dominion holding the center line while other magic beings that actually do murder go up the flanks'. For most other things, you want buffed earth elementals.

That you think Agartha uses 'battlefield enchants' is hella cute. Marble Warriors is a 25 AOE. Iron Warriors is AOE1 (or AOE a million in cronemod, aka herpderp), legions of steel and strength of giants are both quite large aoe - wave warriors is range 10, aoe 5. Iron Bane, Earthquake, and Curse of Stones are the only battlefield-wide spells you'll be using, and none of them have a battlefield enchantment icon or turn off if your mage dies.

If you think Agartha only uses magic to cast big huge endgame spells on the battlefield, it is absolutely no wonder you think n9 is great, as it turns a shitty unsupported army into a mediocre unsupported army. Agartha at war should have roughly half it's mages in the field. That is how important battlemagic is to MA Agartha. Even moreso than MA Ulm, who can leave a good 2/3rds of it's smiths researching due to their cheapness.
>>
>>126073917

The biggest benefit of not having N9 on MA Agartha is you go from one of the spookiest MA nations to meh. This is can be critically diplomatically, because an MA Agartha with N9 simply cannot be permitted to have EBDW, whereas MA Agartha without the bless is no more an issue than other nations with EBDW if they cast it.

Without the bless, MA Agartha plays kind of like a slightly different, but overall weaker (imo) version of EA Agartha.
>>
>>126074905

You either take air OR awake snek. Although, rain of stones/cloud trapezing/mistform snake is super funny, so I might do it for humour value alone.
>>
>>126075042

Air snek also makes a fantastic disciple in a disciple game
>>
File: 1438984925765.png (273KB, 389x539px) Image search: [Google]
1438984925765.png
273KB, 389x539px
>>126074989
>the biggest benefit is that you're weak instead of strong
>>
>>126074974
>if you mention battlefield enchants at all, that means you never use anything except battlefield enchants
Don't be a retard all your life.
>>
>>126074602
>pure scales
You go from 124% to 130% income.

Not a big deal unless you can get substantially better expansion with scales.

>awake snek
In theory it gets you more income. In practice it tends to get you ganked.

>>126074989
>>126075126
People thinking you're a scrub can be beneficial.

Seems like an unreliable tactic though.
>>
>>126075126

Was kind of grasping for straws, and yeah, that's basically all I came up with. Most of that weakness is endgame threat though, because the mass of statues doesn't become dangerous until Hall of Statues. Enliven Sentinel is manageable, and expensive on the mage turns.

Also, N9 should break you into Air through fairy queens.
>>
It's time to rek China

I'll be handing out stupid amounts of gems to people who attack him
>>
>>126075662

Am I gonna have to come down there?

Also, not having scouts inland is kind of messing you up. Or have you not already seen the 2v1 (soon to be 3v1, if Fomoria joins in) on Abysia yet.
>>
>>126075928
You're about to see a 4v1 on you, fellow.
>>
>>126076028

So the remnants of TNN, Abysia, yourself, and Ur?

Is it bad that I'm most afraid of EA Ryleh out of that bunch?
>>
When you create pretender, do you go for magic paths your nation is lacking, or you go for national but stronger elements?
>>
>>126076791
It depends.
>>
>>126076908
Go on....
>>
>>126074989

Literally everything you said is wrong. The diplo part might be correct, because domg is stupid (the pure earth nation with national summonable scriptable earth elementals for 2E with Earth Blood Deep Well, who needs marble warriors on prot 0 magic beings it summons at every battle, is no threat at all!).

If n9 MA Agartha was a 'spooky' nation, then it should win more games, and get stomped less.

EA Agartha doesn't have reliable 2e1f and 1f1w noncap mages. Also it has mind blasters and gold issues and is a completely different nation.
>>
>>126075316

No, you go from 124% income with misf to 126% income with good production, unlocked mass gold events, magic scale (deeply fucking important for MA agartha), and the ability to actually make armour/leather shortsword expansion parties relatively quickly in expansion/wartime.

Even if you don't expand too large with snek, faster expansion gives you quicker income, which gives you faster mages and faster first war. It also lets you snipe farmlands provinces by tunneling to them with the snek, which is hugely valuable.
>>
>>126080372
>If n9 MA Agartha was a 'spooky' nation, then it should win more games, and get stomped less.
MA Agartha is one of the top-three MA nations, what are you talking about?

>hurr I saw N9 Agartha lose once that means it's shit
Even the best nations in the game still lose far more often than they win. That's just the nature of the game.

Stop being a scrub.
>>
>>126075662
I already have stupid amounts of gems, I just don't know how to use them
>>
How do I get more holy points and how do I cure afflictions?
>>
Stellar Cascades
>>
>>126080826

Yeah, in Desura games. Where the domg 'n9e9' meta is followed far less. And the actual strengths of the nation - incredible mages, incredible non-statue summons - can come into play.
>>
>>126081096
>How do I get more holy points
You get one extra point for every 5 temples you build.

>how do I cure afflictions?
In most cases, you don't. Some nations have healers though, like Arcoscephale and I think Gath as well.
>>
>>126081060
Need gold instead senpai?
>>
>>126080826
>top-three MA nations
Who are the top MA nations, anon
>>
>>126081150
>the domg 'n9e9' meta
top kek

Stop strawmanning, scrublord.

>>126081219
Ermor, Ulm and Agartha.
>>
take your turn atlantis
>>
>>126081060

Lanterns, fire elementals, spam horrors, boots and stones for your rhuax, seriously consider empowering a warlock into e for pedobear, fire storm, empower a n indie to make thistle maces so you can have a n gear factory and haruspex, try to find indies to spend the other kinds of gems or trade them to people for earth/fire. Store up all your astral gems purely to dispel whatever ludicrous bullshit other nations try to pull on your firey ass.
>>
>>126081282

What makes MA Ulm so good
Is it their iron blizzard?
>>
>>126081185
I mostly just need to figure out how to play the game.

Though isn't there that spell that converts fire gems into gold? I have a lot of fire gems, I could probably do that.
>>
>>126081497
Not the best idea

Like at all

Also TC's a prick, picking a regular nation as an experienced player in a noobgame

At least I gimped myself

But we (probably will boil down to /i/) can still rek him
>>
>>126072369
No clue, I blame dark magic.
>>126073467
My war with Pelagia is 'wait till the sub comes along and make a peace deal'.
Also, Ashdod tried to eat some Oceania, ran into me eating Oceania, so let's see if he decides to escalate things.
>>
>>126081558
I'm ready to get utterly crushed, but I'm keen to go down swinging
>>
>>126080372

Also, Imprisoned N9E4 Earth Mother gives MORE scales than an awake snake, unless you're not running Awe on the snake.
>>
>>126081282

Yes, spam kek and accuse me of strawmanning. Your memes prove you're right, and not a shitter.

Agartha has the third most wins in MA, on sum1won's spreadsheet.

It has the NINTH highest win/loss ratio, which is the actual measure of the effectiveness of a nation.

So, nice misleading bullshit, scrublord.

Not even mentioning that desura games outnumber domg games roughly 5:1 on that spreadsheet, and the e9/n9 bullshit is less prevalent there.
>>
>>126081437

High prot 10g excellent troops.

Super cheap excellent mages.

Fantastic paths that allow several excellent spells with basically no 'excess', leading to low price and high utility.

Marginally Guardians help, with their anti-sacred weapon.
>>
Everyone's getting MAD
>>
If Erfsnek 2 isn't starting soon I'm going to AI turn 1
>>
>>126081837
Nobody uses N9E9, so implying that's the standard is strawmanning. Saying an Earth Snake has better scales than an N9 build isn't true, so you're wrong about that as well. Not to mention that when expansion is over, N9 is much more useful than an Earth Snake and indirectly also breaks you into Air. Your entire argument is bullshit, because you can use the exact same strategy while ALSO having unstoppable N9 statues, PLUS better magic variety on top of that.

Your only argument is "lol erf snek wins more often than N9" which is something you have zero evidence for.

To summarise: Stop being such a scrub.
>>
>>126081558

This is actually the first PBEM I've been in (though I've joined like 6 others). I've just done a lot of blitzes with the TNN player before this (and got my ass handed to me every time, in various interesting ways). Pretty much the only way I've ever beaten him is with gangbangs, and even then its iffy.

To point, if TNN hadn't been throneblocked early on by a Level 2 Throne, he very well might have 4v1ed and won.

Also, any attempt to defeat me that doesn't involve switching Ulm's allegiance is utterly pointless.
>>
>>126081816

>awe on an earth snek

Well, you're confirmed for scrub tier.

Additionally, the point of the snake isn't that it gives more scales, it's that it gives more and faster PROVINCES than the earth mother's bless. A lot more. You still get more scales, of course, because all you need is e6 (e4 if you're not shit) to make a snek take a cake bake break after delicious indy steaks, proper scripting avoiding heartbreak or mistakes, while also allowing you to slake your jake in any nearby lakes, you special little snowflake.
>>
>>126082241

This is me, just forgot to mention my name cause I'm a scrub sometimes.

As for fire gems, Lightless Lanterns are the go to use I think. Not sure about anything else tremendously useful for them.
>>
>>126082362
It's not like Agartha has bad native expansion, and expanding too fast just gets you gangbanged because everyone knows Agartha is a strong nation.
>>
>>126081437
cheap high prot troops
research not hurt by drain
researchers also provide resources
arbalests wreck anything big and scary
>>
>>126082362

Alright, sure. Dom 6 Snek (assuming E4) gets +1 Scale over N9 Mother, and +2 Scales over N9E4 Mother. I won't talk about N9E9, because while entertaining, its honestly pretty gimicky, because your scales won't be pretty.

I won't deny the Snek is probably stronger early, but N9 gives you so much lategame. It breaks you into air, and it makes Hall of Statues ridiculous later on.
>>
>>126082118

Actually, you're the one misrepresenting my argument, by conflating it. I said 'better scales' OR 'a snek'. A snake gives you faster, and better quality of, expansion, in this case compared to n9 shard guards. Better scales gives you more bang for the provinces you do get, compared to n9, in terms of events, magic scale, and resources.

Saying that i'm saying earth snake gives you more design points to spend on scales, which i'm not (although with a lower domscore (awake god = lower domscore), awake e4 snek does indeed give more design points for scales than imprisoned n9), you're creating a strawman out of my argument. By taking two premises and two conclusions, and misapplying premise to conclusion, to attempt to show me to be incorrect.

Please do tell me how with a worse expansion or no m3 scales, your n9 build has 'better magic'. An imprisoned low-air pretender is extremely unlikely to make sweet fuck all of difference to anything at all. It's going to walk around sitesearching at turn 36? Use random found gems to stand with army and cast buffs? What a gamechanger. And sitesearching with indies to find N gems to try to cast a N global or something is equally dubious.

And not to mention the absolute worst thing about n9 - it incentivizes you to use your statues. Your 'strongest in own dominion, hope they kill things over time' statues, instead of the far superior earth elementals, which don't need your dominion, don't need enemy inaction, don't rely on a shitty stat like prot, and absolutely wreck face against size 2 things, which compared to EA MA is literally overflowing with.
>>
>>126082502

MA Ulm is heavily nerfed by MA Ulm players though.
>>
>>126082882
>Please do tell me how with a worse expansion or no m3 scales, your n9 build has 'better magic'.
It's better in the sense that it gives you tons more variety.

An E4 snake is literally useless after expansion. An N9 bless gives you access to several paths you don't natively have (and don't even pretend finding N sites is hard when N indies are by far the most common type), giving you a richer and far less predictable mid- and endgame.

And nobody is saying you should use only statues, stop pretending that's the only thing you can do. As pointed out before, with an N9 bless you can still do everything you'd normally do with earth elementals and magma children, except now you also have immortal statues, very effective thugs/SCs and far more endgame options, while the only thing an Earth Snake gets is a slightly better start, which Agartha doesn't even need since they don't have any trouble expanding without a snake.

Stop misrepresenting the argument by claiming that by taking N9 you're doomed to never use anything but statues, you just make yourself look stupid.
>>
>>126082453

Well, nothing really changes the 'using diplo to gangbang your foes' is the way you win at /domg/ games, because domg players can't resist the mating call of the gangbang, but getting your expansion a) early
b) all the farmlands
is still worth it even if you don't expand much more than your neighbours. That gold kickstarts you into the mages you will need for the research you will need to have for your first war. An offensive war, not the defensive one statues usually lead to.

>>126082792

So you're sitesearching with indies to get the gems to summon faery queens when you research the high conj you mostly don't want? Until super lategame?

I mean, sure, that sounds nice, but agartha has zero problems with lategame. It has problems expanding in early and midgame against other nations. That's the problem to solve in pretender design.

And if Hall of Statues (ench8, 30 gems, makes 22 prot 25hp statues) is relevant in your lategame, your lategame is not a lategame.
>>
>>125887038
>but to stat that MA Man is a taken from WoT is also disingenuous.

>didn't read the manual

>http://www.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf
>Man is one of the first nations conceived in the Dominions universe. The nation is a conglomerate of medieval English and Arthurian concepts spiced with some fantasy elements from Ars Magica and the books of Robert Jordan. The Irish/Northumbrian monastic tradition, Anglo-Saxon society, and Welsh longbowmen are all inspirational sources.

I know I'm replying to a long dead argument but I love my manual. The sneaky bits of lore thrown in between segments is nice too.
>>
>>126083419

So with less gold, less mages, early ench research, more expensive shard guards (>less mages) and spending all earth gems on statues, you're saying that doesn't reduce your magical tactics in early and midgame. Or how many earth elementals you have. Marble warriors coming online. Magma eruption coming online.

N9 agartha typically tries to use statues to win it's first early midgame war. Statues that are strongest defensively. That are countered by several troop types and also by walking around them to stab mages in the face. And by many spells. That are vulnerable to the lousy exploding damage vs prot roll.

And sure, some will win that. But not against most decent opponents.

Most agarthas of this stripe crap out in the early parts of the game. If they survive, it's as a smaller nation that doesn't take part in the first round of wars. Aggressively played agartha needs it's magic to win an offensive war, and it needs it early. A scales build, or a snek build, helps that. A n9 build in typical scrub fashion plans for some hazy lategame strat relying on indies gathering gems and expensive, crappy sacred units in the meantime. It requires no thought, no research priorities, no scripting, and hurls a troop type at enemies in the hope they'll simply cave - domg loves strategies like this.

It's deeply suboptimal. Sure, you can make it work if you kill a scrub while people poorly gangbang some other player, but so can sloth ulm, or turmoil shinuyama. Anything can work in ideal circumstances.
>>
>>126083978
>N9 Agartha always gets wrecked!
Prove it.

>If N9 Agartha wins it's only because everyone else as scrubs!
That's disingenuous as fuck. I could just as well claim that all E4 Earth Snake wins were against scrubs, but I don't because I don't need to rely on made-up bullshit to make my claims.

Stop being such a scrub. If your strategy is really that superior, prove it by actually winning some games for a change.
>>
File: tyuViTS.jpg (251KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
tyuViTS.jpg
251KB, 1600x860px
How do I attack underwater nations lads?
>>
>>126084728
Build some Barrels of Air.
>>
>>126084728
Have 5 guards per commander, preferably with bodyguard.
>>
>>126081437
Good expansion, good evocations (magma eruption, Iron blizzard, RoS, Earthquake, blade wind), nearly free thug gear, anti-sacred Guardians, plenty of resources to make troops. I beat double-blessed Mictlan in a y2 war as MA Ulm.

Find a couple of good diversity mages and you're set for life.
>>
>>126084814
Do I need construction for that?
>>
>>126085367
Yup.
>>
>>126083978
Question - how is scales Agartha better than Ulm which does all of those things except for your cap only earth elementals more efficiently?
>>
>>126085536
>how is scales Agartha better than Ulm
N9 statues.
>>
All of you lot are missing out on the true power that Agartha can be - B9 Agartha. If they want to evo spam your statues down, they'll need to pay the bloody price.
>>
>>126085536

Ulm doesn't get magma children, earth elementals, and vitriols. Buffed blackplate are not as good as buffed [all those things]. With the amount of things your summons give you in terms of attacks (aoe flame, poison aura, high-str ap, trampling, ethereal lifeleech, acid ranged aoe)you can tailor your mages around buffing the summons or dropping their own evocations or battlefield debuffs. MA Ulm casting Ironbane is a disaster - MA Agartha casting it is excellent.

Magma children and elementals can only be summoned in the capital, but you can walk additional golem crafters in to make more if you have the gem supply, and each can carry 30 out natively. Mercuries, umbrals, vitriols, and yes, even your statutes, which are fine if you use them as simply part of your lineup and not the be-all and end-all of the nation, are all noncap. You will literally drown in these summons, if you actually prioritize getting them out, buffing, and supporting them. Your humans/pale ones, when you build them at all, get relegated to the various shit duties like arrow bait and pull enemy troops into position for summons to smash them (before you have the spells to buff your summons properly). You need an absolute shit-ton of golem crafters to do it, but it's absurdly powerful. N9 agartha rarely gets that critical mass of casters (the three S's - Summon, Support, and Study) to get the various fields you need out, notably often simply making statutes and shooting magma from behind them, which is much, much more counterable than having a swathe of summoned options backed up by buffs.
>>
>>126086635
Well, it's cheaper than both N9 and an earth snake. Plus you can use it to craft Bloodstones later on.

It doesn't do much for your thugs or Shard Guards though, unlike N9.
>>
N9 also lets you make your marble oracles into turn timer SCs against unprepared opponents, but that's fairly niche and you can raid without the N9 bless already
>>
>>126086785
Sounds like Agartha is the 'summons' nation. That's pretty cool. I'll give it a go in the next PBEM if it's open. Do you think a dormant scales/diversity mage would be good so that you can get more gems for all that summoning?
>>
Someone please start a new game. I need another game to join.
>>
>>126089156
I'm planning to make several new games after the holidays.
>>
>>126089292
I have plans for when the holidays end. Like fucking your mom on a daily basis faggot I hate you so muh start the fukkin games right now I HATE YOU
>>
>>126089432
Have fun digging, I guess.

Also, you could start a new game yourself.
>>
File: 1256215235.jpg (103KB, 876x464px) Image search: [Google]
1256215235.jpg
103KB, 876x464px
Wait, did those guys get a facelift or something? I remember them being all blonde and shit. And carrying mauls.
>>
File: 1365612634.jpg (104KB, 882x496px) Image search: [Google]
1365612634.jpg
104KB, 882x496px
Wait, I meant those guys.
>>
>>126089292
I'll join if it starts after New Years.
>>
>>126089727
Are you using Cronemod?
>>
>after today, no holiday orders will get to their recipients before Christmas
>about to have tons of free time
Hallelujah, praise the lord.
>>
>>126090018
Map: Maerland
Mods: Worthy Heroes (O) 5.4, /domg/ Balance Mod v1.08
>>
>>126090115
>/domg/ Balance Mod v1.08
That's Cronemod.
>>
>>126090024
FedEx/UPS/Amazon?
>>
>>126089550
It's a cronemod thing.
Crone liked them better that way.
>>
File: 125512516332.jpg (129KB, 710x662px) Image search: [Google]
125512516332.jpg
129KB, 710x662px
>>126091387
>Not liking real men
What a queer.
>>
>>126090024
Fuck you my shit was supposed to be here a week ago.

:^)
>>
>>126091482
But anon, I didn't say anything about liking them that way or not.
Fabio is second rate compared to Mr.Universe Arnold.
>>
File: ALLU AKBAR.gif (264KB, 148x111px) Image search: [Google]
ALLU AKBAR.gif
264KB, 148x111px
>only one of my guys has enough air magic to make barrels of air
is there a way to make this go faster?
>>
>>126093989
Supplement with pills, I guess. It will probably be worth making a lot of light thugs with water breathing in your particular case since you're nations decent at that anyways and it will help make up for how few troops you can bring underwater.

Incidentally, some lightning evo works underwater too, so while you'll have trouble against the mind blasting and water elemental spam, you'll at least be able to keep up in firepower.
>>
Oh boy, one last battle. I hope you have a lot of stealthy dusk elders there, because I'm going to teleport in some nice things and it'd be a shame if your army doesn't trigger gem usage.
>>
>>126094312
Why? You already won with that throne of knowledge.
>>
>>126094473
Ermor breached one of my thrones, so there's still one more fight.
>>
>>126094552
M8, I am Ermor, and I'm not going to win this fight. I planned to storm it after my armageddon spree, but I just don't have enough stuff. I'm going to try, but I'm pretty sure even 1 thaumaturg will be enough to hold it.
>>
>>126094717
Ah. Wasn't sure if you'd snuck mages in with that army or not.
>>
>>126094841
I planned to teleport the big storming party later (and use my liches for a quick WoD sweep), but it's not relevant anymore. Enjoy your second armageddon and your victory.
>>
>CliffsOfDivinity
>turn 2
>only one province is reachable from my capital
>it's a heavy cav province

I have half a mind to go AI right now. This map is fucking horrible.
>>
When you use air barrels do all your commander units need to equip one even if they dont have an army or does only one commander need a barrel if the total units including all your other commanders is under 150?
>>
>>126095395
Called it.
Are there mages there too?
>>
>>126095449
I don't know. None that my scout can see, anyway. I fucking hope not.
>>
>>126095427
Only the commander holding the waterbreathing item and troops under their command get the benefit from it.

>>126095539
>Only one neighboring province
>Not attacking and retreating from it Turn 1.
>>
File: I am not a clever man.png (32KB, 242x184px) Image search: [Google]
I am not a clever man.png
32KB, 242x184px
>>126095598
But that would actually have been smart.
>>
>>126095724
If you're one of the Minotaur races, you should still be able to get it on Turn 3. Get another turn of your hardest hitters, position your army well in the back and use a small group of your starting army to draw the cavalry in so that you can surround them. The cavalry are size 3 so you won't waste time trampling them, and mino strength should have no problem killing them through heavy armor. If you can go so far as to ensure that you get the first hit, you should even be able to avoid taking heavy losses. You can then split the survivors into two expansion parties and carry on as normal.
>>
>>126095395

And this is why I picked fliers. Because I would have been fucked if I hadn't given my start. But Imma just fly over these mountains and deal with non-bullshit indies.
>>
>>126095598

Could be worse. Could have been one of the 3 Point Thrones
>>
>>126096857
Haerland Agartha?
>>
>>126095395
>be minotaurs
>wreck indies so long as they aren't Barbarians
>2/3rds of cap ring is Barbarians
Fuck me.
>>
>>126097632
Barbarians rout very quickly. You can still beat them with minimal losses, it's just more punishing if you get your positioning wrong.
>>
>>126097632
I've got Pegasus riders in my cap circle
>>
When was death gaze changed from 999 dmg to 15 dmg?
>>
>>126098253

Lucky. Nice on breaking into Astral if you weren't already there.
>>
>>126098881
What if he's the nation where literally all of his mages are AS?
>>
>>126098936

Sacred Pegasus Riders?
>>
>>126098881
As >>126098936 said, they all are. Also I got an ethereal hero which can turn into a deep one, which I have no clue why that works.
>>
>>126099403
That's pretty cool, but the best nationgen thing I've seen was a faction where when their elite units died, they became mechanical men because they were all secretly robots.
>>
>>126098936
Additional communion meat
>>
>>126099729
That happens fairly often in Natgen.
>>
>>126099403
Free flying sacreds!
>>
>>126099729
Not as scary as 3D fishmen assassins (nothing else needed to win)

Or thunderspammers with reinvigoration
>>
>>126100337
It's not that it rolls very often so much as admins routinely select it when it pops up because it's fucking awesome.
>>
>>126076791
Please respond.
>>
File: SandroV2.jpg (5KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
SandroV2.jpg
5KB, 109x125px
Hahaha foolish mortals i have just casted Burden Of Time on this thread and it will soon die out

Ermor always wins in the end
>>
Looks like Vanheim went the way of the AI.

4 down, 26 remaining. Wonder who will be next out.
>>
>>126101659
Dank 2006 memes.
>>
File: lRSjyuo.jpg (332KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
lRSjyuo.jpg
332KB, 1600x860px
J U S T

seriously how do i kill these niggers
>>
>>126101380
It depends
>>
>>126101659
Sandro is not really fit for /domg/. He can actually plan and accomplish things in timely manner.
>>
Looks likes the yuropoors I'm renting this apartment from couldn't afford a decent internet, so I need someone else to take my place as server admin and as Agartha. I'm in a pretty strong position with high income and plenty of gems.
>>
>>126101870
The mothers or the lich?
>>
>>126101792
Probably me at this rate.
>>
>>126101792
Pan vs Arco or Ulm vs Marverni.
Or Ermor.
>>
>>126101920

Havent updated my spooky skelton folder in a long time

Sandro is still a spooky Skelton mage/lich
>>
>>126102013
both

I killed 3 mothers but the last 3 suddenly they started healing like crazy and they wouldnt die anymore

I dont think I ever hit the lich for damage
>>
>>126091482
Crone was a cute girl.
>>
File: YAvLTeR.jpg (173KB, 1437x850px) Image search: [Google]
YAvLTeR.jpg
173KB, 1437x850px
>>126102117
Here, take the 2015 version.
>>
>>126100679
The first thing I checked for in this game was the "assassin" property, and there wasn't a single spellcaster in the list. No fun, admin.
>>
>>126101897
On?
>>
>>126102229

I have it already thanks anyway
>>
>>126102579
What nation you want to play and what you want your pretender to do.
>>
>>126102579
everything . . .
>>
>>126102687
>>126102851
Ok I understand that magic type depends on the spells I will be able to cast, but how does nation factor in?
>>
Why isent Santa a pretender yet

he is techically a myth
>>
>>126103030
because you probably have better things to spend points on than getting more Astral for Berytos.

Seriously, I love making pretenders and talking about them, but your question is extremely vague and impossible to provide a general answer to.
>>
>>126103115
So is Jesus
And we got no human healer pretenders
>>
>>126103180
>have better things to spend points on than getting more Astral for Berytos.
Why not? They have no astral mages?
>>
>>126103485
Jesus isn't really a myth though. There is more evidence of him existing than Tiberius.
>>
>>126102304
http://pastebin.com/b8Tqe5dW
here is literally every nation I genned and went through. mage assassins are only heroes.
>>
>>126103485
But Jesus is in Ermor's backstory. He's a lore-only character, like the King of the Underworld or the previous Pantokrator.
>>
>>126103485
Jesus is just a prophet with nature magic and healing.
>>
>>126104607
Don't Jewish giants have nature mage healers? Seems like you can make Jesus with one of them if you were searching for him.
>>
>>126102042

I'm shocked it isn't Caelum. His player is stubborn as a mule to have his only fort seiged for some 8 turns, still refusing to AI or stale.
>>
>>126105371
Let me tell you about Dom 9 Irminsul
>>
Are you prepared for victory /domg/? Because I sure as shit hope I am.
>>
File: pythium vs ashdod 1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pythium vs ashdod 1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Two post battle, for your viewing pleasure.
>>
File: pythium vs ashdod 2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pythium vs ashdod 2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>126106140

Not shown:
1. Pythium successful attempt at gem triggering in ritual phase.
2. Assassinations.
3. Patrolled out assassins triggering gems and killing mages.
>>
>>126101962
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

TWO OF MY ENEMIES ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED IN A SINGLE WEEKEND

WELCOME TO DIE
>>
>>126106358
Was that Turn 1 RoS x 2 combined with Army of something/Fog Warriors to protect your own troops? If so, how did his high HP creatures stick around to die?
>>
>>126101962
Do you intend on returning? I can sub for you for the next few weeks.
>>
File: NQPsgFP.jpg (418KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
NQPsgFP.jpg
418KB, 1600x860px
How do I kill the lich?
>>
>>126102120
They don't heal; they have life drain when your troops close to melee with them. They have a
death wail when they die which paralyzes nearby units, so what most likely happened is that you killed a few, your own troops got paralyzed, and the remaining polypal mothers started draining the life of the paralyzed units.

>>126106654
Oh. Looks like you got it.

Since this is SP, I'm assuming that the master lich isn't actually armored and that he's using Invulnerability to make up for his low protection. If he is also casting Soul Vortex, he'll regain HP very quickly. The best way to kill him is going to be a thug with a magic weapon if you don't have death magic. You should have some already, but if not now's a good time to equip some elves.
>>
>>126106654
Soul slay, petrify, stellar cascades, any single target spell
>>
>>126106654
If you have any astral magic, you can make a Herald Lance. That will most likely kill it in one or two hits, since the damage multiplication kicks in before protection.
>>
>>126105063
>>126105063
they do, they are also heretics.
>>
>>126106457
>absolutely destroyed
I'm having someone sub you intolerable faggot
>>
>>126107146
Did you already find one? I'm this guy >>126106616 and I can take over temporarily if not.
>>
>>126106616
I wouldn't see the point in returning after such a long time, but I will only be away for two weeks if that's the only time frame that works for you.
>>
>>126106478

No army of X and only one RoS caster as you can see, the loremaster who died to bleeding out.
>>
>>126107302
I dunno, you already made it through the hard part with Agartha, so you may as well enjoy the fun end game shenanigans. I mean, sure 8-15 turns is a fair bit, but it's not like you'll need to get familiarized with the nation or anything.
>>
>>126107442
Alright, that sounds fine to me actually. I appreciate it. I just need your email and I'll send you the password and make you Agartha.
>>
>>126107752
Do you have a temporary e-mail or Steam that I can send it to?
>>
>>126107936
Here's my steam id:

Calcium
>>
>>126108054
No, thats your profile name, not steam id.
>>
>>126108054
If you're not sure how to find your steam id or get a link to your profile, you can just use a temporary e-mail address and I'll send you a message from my e-mail to swap to.
>>
>>126108193
Yeah, I was a dumb nigger and made my steam id my name so I couldn't really post that here... email [email protected]
>>
>>126108649
You can CHANGE your steamid dumby
>>
>>126111402
No bullying the Admin, regardless of what you said being true and a good idea.
>>
>>126111751
Bitch I'll bully whoever I want and with your two nerds out of the way I'll be bullying you soon
>>
>>126112163
Bitch I will drown you in skeletons, JUST FOR THE IRONY.
>>
>>126112395
It is a little funny that Jotunheim is one of the best skelly spam nations.
>>
File: BitRankInHere.jpg (139KB, 600x816px) Image search: [Google]
BitRankInHere.jpg
139KB, 600x816px
I love the stench of death in the morning.
>>
Oh, and we need a new thread.
>>
>>126113452
make one then, scrub
>>
>>126113543
I don't have domg pictures saved on my phone.
Thread posts: 773
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.