[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 764
Thread images: 114

File: plugin ntsc on vs off - emulator.gif (540KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
plugin ntsc on vs off - emulator.gif
540KB, 1680x1050px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before posting. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Previous thread: >>120426819
>>
Why did it take so long to make a new thread? I just woke up and saw there wasn't one and was about to make it.
>>
>>121000119
I don't see why those drip drop things would change that much just due to the ntsc filter
>>
>>121001251
There's not too much purpose for this thread unless there's some major development craziness going on with Dolphin, RA or PCSX2. It's calm... Too Calm.
>>
was gonna ask about this in the previous thread:
Anyone familiar with creating shaders for the Pete's OpenGL2 plugins for PS1 emulators?

I got this kinda fancy personal dilemma: I prefer my games to look "authentic", but when emulating, I'd also like to boost the resolution for clearer image.

Now, I've been doing fine with ePSXe and older the OpenGL plugins. With games like Silent Hill, I've used 16-bit color mode, color-dithering and Dot-Matrix filter to restore some of that typical PS1 dithery looks.

However, with the OpenGL2 plugins, the color-dithering option has totally vanished, and the Dot-Matrix causes various visual glitches as well all the sudden.
I wouldn't want to sacrifice the added benefit of the recently introduced GTE accuracy hacks and widescreen modes.

So, I was wondering how much work would it take to code a shader for the OpenGL2 plugin, that would take the 32-bit color image of the emulator, and turn it into dithered 256 color mode? Would prefer to achieve something like on the right-side of pic related.
>>
File: composite vs rgb.jpg (423KB, 1618x612px) Image search: [Google]
composite vs rgb.jpg
423KB, 1618x612px
>>121001273
horizontal bleeding of pixels, enhanced by the inaccurate signal of old composite cables / fucking antenna-style single-cord cables.

devs of the ancient times actually used these "corruptions" in their visual design back then, faking transparency effects, fading, etc. It's a bit like that color-dithering on PS1 games, which is damn hard to spot on old CRTs, at least without RGB cables.
>>
>>121001575
It'd be nice if someone here can help you, anon, since it seems like you're trying to do constructive things with said emu, but I sure can't. All I can do is bump.
>>
File: sh1 1080p school.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sh1 1080p school.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>>121002389
Thanks mate!

Yeah, I guess I'm trying to create this mid-ground solution for people who want their PS1 games to look like PS1 games, polycount and texture quality-wise, but wouldn't want to be restricted to 240p resolution, nor suffer of the floppy polygons.

SH1 for example looks brilliant in FullHD, with all those old filter effects, but the latest versions of plugins and emulators don't seem to support them any more.
>>
>>121001923
dat grass doe
>>
I'm having slowdowns on Pokemon Platinum on my mid tier PC.
What the fuck
>>
>>121004526
Enable the dynarec/JIT.
>>
>>121004526
Stop using RA and use a stand alone
>>
File: millenium falcon.jpg (266KB, 1279x860px) Image search: [Google]
millenium falcon.jpg
266KB, 1279x860px
>>120861068
Any luck on that mega?
>>
>>121007573
He didn't say anything about RA, bud. Why are you immediately blaming that?
>>
>>121008775
Because I find that 90% of the time when someone is running some really low end game and yet it's getting slowdowns, it's because they're using RA.
>>
>>121009012
Except that's wrong. RA is not the source of slowdowns.
>>
>>121009152
If it ain't happening on stand alone but it is happening in RA, guess what I'm gonna blame it on?
>>
>>121008226
uploading now.
>>
>>121008226
https://mega.nz/#!icgjWRZI!MQA1wqdpIEIqa7zYqxhLhKbh5Kqf8VHAbGg45k5cUq4
>>
>>121009693
The core.

RA doesn't cause slowdown, but a core pushing a suboptimal number of audio samples per frame is likely to cause performance problems. Cores that push an optimal number of audio samples per frame don't have any problems like this, see bsnes, gambatte, and other cores that have been thouroughly implemented. However, every emulator is designed differently and some are unfortunately designed around having huge audio buffers, where RA doesn't use a large audio buffer by default, and expects the core to output the correct number of audio samples for each frame, and a core that outputs audio suboptimally tends to result in worse performance. The sinc audio resampler audio RA uses doesn't slow things down much except on very weak systems, where lower quality resamplers like CC or hermite might be better.

Increasing the audio buffer size for performance is not a good practice but for some cores it maybe unavoidable unless its audio functions are optimized, like what happened to Desmume after the (unecessary for libretro) SPU interpolation and SPU sync code was removed which allowed the core's audio to behave more optimally and improved the performance of the core.
>>
>>121013496
It isn't the emulator core's fault that SP is trying to make it do shit it was not designed to do. It was meant to have huge latency and he tries to shoehorn less latency out of it, which may cause problems. In which case he should either fix it or not bother.
>>
>>121013795
I kind of sympathise with him and say emulator developers should have designed the audio functions better so they wouldn't rely on buffers to maintain performance. It seems only Themaister was able to create a truly good audio output system out of any emulator, but I guess that's what happens when it's done by an audiophile.

>In which case he should either fix it or not bother.

It's fixed when it's feasible to do so.
>>
>>121014917
Why didn't themaister just give the code to emudevs to use in the stand alones rather than reinventing the whole wheel by making his own front end?
>>
>>121015254
He more or less did that for byuu. But byuu NIHed everything he did away, especially the shader stuff.
>>
>>121015430
So basically byuu caused all the problems we now face when if he had put Themaister's code to good use, perhaps Themaister would've given it to other emudevs and it would've spread throughout the land, solving audio latency problems everywhere.
>>
how do 144hz monitors run emulators? 60 does not divide into 144
>>
Can I play MGS 3DS on my PC?
>>
>>121015998

Emudevs and their shitty projects can go fuck themselves.

RA will consolidate it all and you will sit there and take it up the ass despite how much FUD and bullshit you create.

Now shut your autistic bitch ass up.
>>
>>121017040
>RA will consolidate it ... and take it up the ass

Uh are you sure that's what you want?
>>
>>121015254

Why would anybody help supposed 'emudevs' when they insist on keeping doing stuff a retarded way, they are arrogant and dont want to listen to how badly amateurish their code is?

Emudevs are some of the most amateurish coders around yet they want to pretend as if they are geniuses. You cannot blame devs who actually are far in escess of your skillset to not even bother with you.

Also, Themaister was never interested in any of your 'muh precious standalones', sorry to say but fewer and fewer people will care in the future either and there is not a damn thing you can do to stop it either.
>>
>>121016112
I dunno but I wouldn't buy a 144 hz monitor to be safe. I'm a very safe person.
>>
>>121001575
I don't think the PS1 was ever restricted to only 256 colors. I'm pretty sure it used 15-bit color if I'm not mistaken. That being said, the SNES only displayed 256 colors at once, yet it needs at least 16-bit color to display transparencies correctly.
>>
>>121015254

Let faggot emudevs continue to do stuff the retarded way I guess.

BTW, keep antagonizing SP like this and you will pretty much assure he will be less and less likely to even collaborate with any of you in the future. Honestly, you are setting yourself up for huge failure by doing this kind of autistic shitstirring against something you will never have any control over. Get with the program and adapt or die. That is evolution for you.
>>
>>121016112
With pulldown. I never understood 144Hz LCDs when so much stuff is 30 or 60fps. Just get one that's 120Hz, it's still fast and it's cleanly divisible by 24, 30, and 60
>>
>>121017336
doesn't look like 120hz monitors are being made anymore
>>
>>121015430

Who is 'we'? What kind of Borglike entity are you speaking for? The suicidalist or gender misidentify crowd? other equally kooky people?

Also, what kind of problems did SP or RA/libretro ever do to you? Please make the shitstirring start to make sense, Kthnx.
>>
>>121017326
>You cannot blame devs who actually are far in escess of your skillset to not even bother with you.
Why do these devs which are far in excess of emudev skillset seem to be so bad at making programs that are easy for users to use? Because I don't really think most people give a shit about audio latency or DRC, they just want programs that are easy to use.

>Also, Themaister was never interested in any of your 'muh precious standalones',

Then why did he give his shit to byuu, a dev making a stand alone?

>sorry to say but fewer and fewer people will care in the future either and there is not a damn thing you can do to stop it either.

Too bad for you that they'll just be going to front ends like OpenEmu and not unusable garbage like RA

>>121017579
It's cute that you seem to have convinced yourself that I'm an emudev or have any dog in this fight.
>>
>>121017959
60hz monitors have been made forever. Why do you need something different? 99% of shit runs at 60fps or below so what's the point of 120hz or 144hz?
>>
>>121018156
running without vsync in games with less tearing
>>
>>121018046

Byuu was doing stuff other than emulators at the time, like libsnes and phoenix. That was interesting enough to contribute to.

Also, something tells me you have not exactly been checking out the rapid development on XMB/GLUI.

Also, OpenEmu is garbage. Now there is a total crapshoot for you that ironically always misses everybodys venom despite how much it actually deserves it.
>>
>>121016112
I'm sure if it's decent you'll be able to set it to 60Hz, or at least use some program to.
>>121018156
... playing PC games at a smoother framerate maybe?
>>
>>121018046

Yes, everybody will be buying Macs inly in the future. And updating to the latest OS! Since OpenEmu is as faggotry as Apple is and likes to obsolete backwards compatibility for no reason.

RetroArch is the NetBSd of emulators, it runs on everything from a 3DS to game consoles to Raspberry Pis to PCs. exactly how foolish can you be to think ANYTHING on Earth can compete with it? Come back in 5 years after heavy coding when you are at that level.
>>
>>121018329
>Byuu was doing stuff other than emulators at the time, like libsnes

No way that could be connected to emulators. Nope.

>Also, something tells me you have not exactly been checking out the rapid development on XMB/GLUI.

Is it still a list of a thousand options with totally incomprehensible names?

>Also, OpenEmu is garbage. Now there is a total crapshoot for you that ironically always misses everybodys venom despite how much it actually deserves it.

Yet it attracts the normies. How do you think it does that?
>>
>>121018518
>like OpenEmu
>means everyone will be downloading OpenEmu

That's not how "like" works, anon.
>>
>>121018546

It attracts faggots on a Mac who like to put style over substance.

The same people who want to pay 2500+ dollars for a laptop with integrated Intel graphics just because the laptop looks nice.

I did not know you approved of such things anon. If so, what are you doing with that PC right now? Let yourself get buttfucked by the ghost of Jobs.
>>
>>121018485
>... playing PC games at a smoother framerate maybe?
You don't need any better framerate than 60fps.
>>
>>121018762
This, the human eye can only see up to 24fps anyway. Even 60fps is just a meme.
>>
>>121018739
>It attracts faggots on a Mac who like to put style over substance.

It knows its audience well. That is why it succeeds.

>I did not know you approved of such things anon.

I approve of basically anything usable over something unusable.
>>
>>121018546

Normies are into League of zlegends, pewdiepie, Minecraft too. they listen to trash like justin bieber or lil wayne. What is popular doesnt necessarily have anything to do with quality.
>>
>>121018762
I'd much prefer a >60Hz monitor if I had the money. 60fps is still noticeably choppy.
>>
File: memes.jpg (254KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
254KB, 1024x576px
>>121018876
>>121018947

You're a meme.
>>
>>121018895

Nobody cares what you approve of. You are an anon shitposter with no life that desperately tries to shitpost against something whose progress you will not be able to stop anyway. Have at it I guess but at a certain point people are just going to filter your nonsense away anyway.
>>
>>121018904
So, I'm confused, will RA appeal to the widest audience possible while leaving stand alones in the dust or are normies saps who like total shit and will only chase horrible things like stand alones and OpenEmu? You can't have it both ways. Right now my bet is on RA being a niche product for weirdos who care about audio latency.
>>
>>121019054
Then you probably shouldn't have brought up what I "approve of":

>I did not know you approved of such things anon.
>>
>>121019140

I think you are forgetting that emulators are not exactly mainstream.

Also, willing to bet at this stage un the game about 80% for better or worse just sets upa Raspberry Pi for their kids with RetroPie and lets their kids just run games. 80% of those cores are RA behind a launcher.

Even when you are not explicitly using it, you are using it. This issue will just become 'worse' as more libretro frontends get made that all appeal to different endusers.

In short, no amount of shitposting or dev isolation is going to postpone this revolution. Sucks for you but that will just be the way it is. When Kodi puts their libretro front inside mainline, you can kiss standalone emus and their 'marketshare' goodbye. Kthnx.
>>
File: 1342663139165.jpg (56KB, 225x220px) Image search: [Google]
1342663139165.jpg
56KB, 225x220px
>>121019029
>1366x768
>>
>>121019480
>I think you are forgetting that emulators are not exactly mainstream.
And within the emulation niche, RA is only another niche. And even within that niche you have a ton of people who just download whatever emulator emuparadise tells them or download 32 bit emulators when they're running a 64 bit OS. You don't actually think most emulator users are ready for an elitist product like RA do you?

>Also, willing to bet at this stage un the game about 80% for better or worse just sets upa Raspberry Pi for their kids with RetroPie and lets their kids just run games.
Anon, I hate to break it to you, but kids don't emulate old games. They play Candy Crush on their phones.

>In short, no amount of shitposting or dev isolation is going to postpone this revolution.
The fact that you even think anyone would be trying to "shitpost" on emugen to harm RA's image speaks to how niche a product you subconsciously realize it is. People come here to express their opinions on emulation, not to somehow destroy X or Y project as if this gen means anything.
>>
>>121020098

Except RA is not a 'product', and it does not think in terms of 'market share' or 'userbase'. Sucksmthat you cannot comprehend that not everything has to be commercialized cutthroat capitalist fames but it i s what it is I guess.

RA is only one part of a larger project that encompasses libretro and Lakka too.
>>
>>121017326
I agree Maister was a great dev with a great vision. SP is indeed clearly a league behind, merely a self-glorified frontend refactorer, fooling non-technical people by constantly gouging about what he is doing but at least he is trying so please do not judge him so hard, he still has lot of things to learn.
>>
File: 1441086992477.png (131KB, 253x286px) Image search: [Google]
1441086992477.png
131KB, 253x286px
>>121019480
>you can kiss standalone emus and their 'marketshare' goodbye
>>121020360
>Except RA is not a 'product', and it does not think in terms of 'market share' or 'userbase'.
>>
>>121020360
Not him but you are the one who seem obsessed by RA having the widest audience possible and "dominate" other applications.
>>
>>121020757
Maybe he doesn't really mean that. Maybe by something like "kiss stand alone emus goodbye" he just means in terms of performance or quality, but he secretly acknowledges that other front ends and stand alone emulators will continue to exist and do well with "the plebs"
>>
>>121020586

> I agree Maister was a great dev with a great vision.

Please explain to me what 'vision' he had. Because AFAIK it was SP that wanted to turn RA/libretro/Lakka into what it is today. Themaister had nothing to do with that and he had nothing to do with 99%of the work that was involved in that either.

It is really quite disgusting to see you refusing to pay tribute or credit to the guy it belongs to. If it were left up to Themaister, nobody would even be talking about RetroArch (SSNES) past 2013. Show some respect.

You are just hating now for the sake of hating. You are not even being objective or neutral about it.
>>
>>121020757

When somebody mentions 'other libretro fronts' or Kodi, and you still think it has everything to do with 'RA', then you do not even understand the project to begin with.

Which explains why a lot of the shitposting that gets posted here makes so little sense. Said shitposter has no clue what he is railing against but he just 'hates' for hatred's sake. I suggest seeking a psychiatrist for that.
>>
>>121020593
>>>121019480
>>you can kiss standalone emus and their 'marketshare' goodbye

Read that part again since you did not read it properly:

"When Kodi puts their libretro front inside mainline, you can kiss standalone emus and their 'marketshare' goodbye. Kthnx."

RA is a REFERENCE FRONTEND FOR AN API, learn what that means, then realize how stupid you made yourself look.
>>
>>121021167
Probably this is occurring because no one knows or cares what Kodi or mainline are. And I don't blame them
>>121021346
>>
>>121021684

Kodi is more popular than any emulator known to man. They are just reclusive nerds then with no idea of what the modern world does or is involved in.

Which might explain well why they get so antsy when something takes their precious underground subscene and makes it more palateable to the mainstream as well. It's a 'my exclusive little club!' mentality.
>>
>Except RA is not a 'product', and it does not think in terms of 'market share' or 'userbase'.
>you can kiss standalone emus and their 'marketshare' goodbye

Whoops.
>>
>>121021779
I doubt anything made by SP with his gui design skills can ever claim to to appeal to a mainstream
audience
>>
>>121021926

Kivutar does most of the GUI work, and we were stuck with a 'gui' that was initially designed by Themaister. If you find it to be horrible, blame that guy. You are blaming the wrong person then and misattributing things.
>>
File: Tessellation.png (1MB, 1002x573px) Image search: [Google]
Tessellation.png
1MB, 1002x573px
>>121000119
>>121001405
Ishiiruka just received Tessellation and Displacement mapping.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version?page=327
>>
>>121021926

You are just a shitposter not even making sense now. Just a stupid kid on his soapbox.

Newsflash, Kodi has nothing to do with SP or libretro or RA at all.
>>
>>121022472
But when SP's masterwork is added to it everyone will see his GUI skillz
>>
>>121022120

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOcWPX7WZ7A&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>121022718

Still being stupid, kid. I don't think you even understand what an API is.

Literally nothing you're saying makes sense now. Just making yourself look stupid to people with the technical ability to know the terms you are talking about.
>>
>>121022768
If the only thing of any relevance added to Kodi is the API then it cant kill standalone emus. No one is going to bother building their own FE using libretro
>>
>>121023010

> Not knowing about RetroPlayer
> It has existed for years now
> SP not involved at all
> You being full of shit
>>
>>121023182
No one here knowing about it is probably a bad sign for it given this place is libretrofan HQ.
>>
>>121023285

> You not knowing about it

Don't speak for the majority when you are not.
>>
>>121023367
Never see it mentioned here at all
>>
>>121016112
Reduce the frequency to 120Hz
>>
>>121023010
You're an idiot. Go look up API on wikipedia and then come back.
>>
File: 14459842686619poqp.jpg (4MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
14459842686619poqp.jpg
4MB, 3456x2592px
Posting this for later
>>
>>121021038
Maister is the mind behind DRC and the libretro API. SP is mostly refactoring existing code so he can understand it better and introducing regression because he does not understand the code as a whole that much and is restrained by his limited mindset.

Sorry, I know you are fascinated by SP for some reason nobody really understand but that's really not "hate", just the awful truth. He has great potential though as he is a die-hard worker so he will eventually improve his skills, but this will require some time, at least more than with talented coders. That's ok, not everybody can be a skilled coder and those who are often are not perfect in other fields.
>>
>>121021779
>Kodi is more popular than any emulator known to man.

HAHAHA

OK, you got me, I thought you were really serious first . Good one, buddy ;-)
>>
>>121024598

> Maister is the mind behind DRC and the libretro API.

But he only did 3-4 libretro cores and he did not really care about all these platforms.

Not to take away from anything Maister did but if it were left to that, nobody would still be talking about RA to this day.

You admit yourself SP is a 'hard worker'; without that 'hard work', there would be nothing to talk about right now. Hard work is more important in the long run than anything else.

And, lastly, it cannot be said enough: it is not an emulator project and he does not care to compete with any 'emudev' coder. Never once did he pretend to be an emudev and he does not really care or want to be so anyway. I don't know how much more this can be pointed out before it gets through to people. He wants to work on the libretro API, build up an impressive array of cores, and port RA to as many platforms as possible, and expand Lakka. Emulator programming he cares nothing about, and that is fine. He wants libretro to be more than just emulators.

The reason why there is antagonism between SP and emudevs is just because of this continuous back and forth. He has already said time and time again he does not want to compare penis sizes yet people keep reducing the argument to that.
>>
File: ⁄emugen⁄'s picross.png (31KB, 695x725px) Image search: [Google]
⁄emugen⁄'s picross.png
31KB, 695x725px
>writing picross game in Lutro
>see this

I think I'm off to a great start.
>>
>>121024598
>SP is mostly refactoring existing code so he can understand it better and introducing regression because he does not understand the code as a whole that much and is restrained by his limited mindset.

I do hope you know that emulator devs introduce regressions all the time too.

I can tell you with certainty nobody in Team Dolphin understands the core code that hrydgard wrote all that much.

I can tell you with certainty nobody in Team SNES9x right now understands the code all that much.

DItto with Mupen64plus.

There are countless examples like that where it becomes more the rule than the exception. Hell, even PJ64 too, only guy who knows there how everything works is Zilmar and even he plays with the audio off and cannot get the audio implementation working correctly to save his life.

These supposed 'skills' in emudev land are severely overstated and severely overhyped. All I see is people talking a big game and not delivering all that much. There is also a ton of code reuse, Musashi/C68K/existing cores often get lifted without any alteration, same with VBA's ARM CPU core, same with Ari64's dynarec. A lot of the time it is just copy and pasting with maybe 30% original work, and cribbing from existing sources and existing other emulators.
>>
>>121025006
What's up with this picross obsession?
>>
>>121024598
>and introducing regression because he does not understand the code as a whole that much and is restrained by his limited mindset.

I think you latch onto one or two regressions that might have been introduced at some point and were quickly fixed after that and now you just try to turn that into some kind of meme. Pretty shitty but it seems you will try to do anything to smear people.
>>
File: RetroArch-1102-030251.png (4KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1102-030251.png
4KB, 693x693px
>>121025185
I don't know desu

it's fun
>>
>>121025327
Are those filters really here forever now?

BAKA Hiroshima is a fucking idiot DESU Senpai
>>
>>121025416
What filters?
>>
>>121025914
s m h = baka
t b h = desu
f a m = senpai
c u c k = kek
S J W = spooky scary skeleton
A n i t a = Anita

They were added on halloween night. I was hoping it was just a temporary thing as a joke, but I guess not.

Criticizing S J Ws is now officially banned.
>>
>>121026280
test

baka
desu
senpai
kek
SJW
anita
>>
>>121026280
>s m h = baka
>t b h = desu
>f a m = senpai
>c u c k = kek
Can't say I mind those.
>S J W = spooky scary skeleton
You can just use SJT because that generally fits them just as well.

>A n i t a = Anita
What's the point of filtering a word to itself?
>>
Is it true that nintendont and devolution take full advantage of the wii's hardware when playing gc games. Or is it limited to just devolution.
>>
>>121026397
I guess they removed SJW and Anita

>Can't say I mind those.
Yes, let's just start outright banning every passing meme past its prime because an hiro can't handle the bantz. The word kek wasn't pretty much dead, it was still currently such a blight on this chinese girl cartoon website. I'm glad that we have that as a stupid word filter forever now and I'm safe since no one can ever trigger me by using it even if it's warranted. And there's no need to worry because all you have to do is look at /b/ to see people never abuse word filters to shitpost.
>>
>>121026674
Kek was just being overused and forced as a replacement for fag most of the time and niggerspeak was never ever good so I really can't bring myself to give a fuck, I mean it's not like they filtered kek to Burch like you know who.
>>
>>121026657
That doesn't really make sense. How exactly would a GC game take advantage of all the Wii's Hardware?

The MIOS basically just translates GC calls to Wii calls, which is possible because they are very similar, and Nintendont/devolution basically just does that itself instead of trying to hack the MIOS to do it for it.

That does leave all of the Wii hardware open while it's running, and it can use it to do some useful stuff, but that's hardly "taking full advantage of it"
>>
>>121026657
The only thing it would take advantage of is faster loading and maybe more stable framerate but I doubt even that is a thing.
>>
>>121026841
>Cu ck was just being overused and forced...

If you had said this a year ago I would have agreed. But even then it would have been retarded to filter it, because over time it would die down, just like it did.
>>
>>121026937
>>121027029
What I mean is that certain games framerates drop in certain areas like star fox adventures menus or the infamous 4 player fountain of dreams in melee. I wanted to know if either nintendont or devolution would improve the framerate. There are other advantages like on of the main differences between the wii and gc is that the ram is vastly increased. But I think ram locations are mapped by the game.
>>
>>121027152
>I wanted to know if either nintendont or devolution would improve the framerate.

I could be wrong, but I really doubt it.
>>
>>121024598
>skilled

As if you are one dipshit.

Nobody needs any validation or any measuring by some anonfuck whose too cowardly and too unskilled to do anything himself or publish it anywhere.

You have nothing to call your own yet you want to shitstir against people with established reputations and established credentials.
>>
>>121026280
What is baka and desu?
Senpai=sempai is a good one.
>>
>>121028506
Baka means idiot or like "dummy". Desu is the formal way to end a statement in japanese, and because it's so common it's a favorite thing for weebs with zero understanding of japanese to say a lot.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised someone on 4chan would ask this.
>>
>>121001575
>>121002680

Instructions about Pete shaders.

http://ngemu.com/threads/links-and-guides-to-custom-shaders-for-petes-opengl2-plugin.76098/

http://www.razyboard.com/system/morethread-question-about-polygons-und-shaders-pete_bernert-266904-1992721-0.html

http://www.razyboard.com/system/morethread-how-to-pete_bernert-266904-1569283-0.html
>>
>>121028191
>established reputations and established credentials.

I agree, SP is a great refactorer.
I heard people from all over the world want to hire him to refactor their shitty codebase into something clean and portable.

I also heard that companies are now looking for libretro experts after seeing how great this was for processing multimedia content.
>>
>>121028716
And I'm not surprised some wannabee otaku on 4chan jumps at the opportunity to show of he knows some Japanese words.

So, what is your favorite anim, "senpai"?
>>
>>121029785
Cory in the House f a m
>>
>>121026397
About fucking time. I was getting tired of hearing s m h, t b h, f a m, and c u c k everywhere. This is a fucking anime board, not da hood.
>>
>>121029619

LOL, the salt in this is just ...
>>
>>121024598
>He has great potential though as he is a die-hard worker
You claim he's a die-hard worker yet out of the 3 examples I gave of terribly bad copy pasted code, only 1 was fixed and that was by fatboy.. The guy didn't even bother to do anything about it himself.

>>121025136
>Hell, even PJ64 too
Wrong.
>>
>>121032341
Well SP is good at mindless reactoring all day and night long so in a sense he is a hard worker.
>>
File: sh1 textures!.jpg (9KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
sh1 textures!.jpg
9KB, 256x256px
>>121017353
>I don't think the PS1 was ever restricted to only 256 colors. I'm pretty sure it used 15-bit color if I'm not mistaken.
The maximum color-depth of PS1 hardware was 24-bit (~16Mil colors), with 57,344 (on 256×224 reso) to 153,600 (on 640×240 reso) colors on screen at once.

With textures and sprites, you could choose between 4, 8, 15 or 24-bit color depth, and devs often used and mixed these different modes depending on the need, as proper texture compression wasn't really a thing yet.

Since SH1 uses some very strong dithering, it's very likely it uses mere 8-bit color depth (=256 colors), with the dithering to improve the image quality & gradients, plus to give it that noisy look.

I've examined some of the game's ripped textures in the past as well, and at least they are often at very low color modes, I'd almost say custom paletted.
>>
>>121032341

> Wrong.

Prove it. Go and make PJ64 portable without Zilmar's help, without regressions.

You can't because you don't understand jack fuck about it.

Now go back to #n64dev and shut your bitch faggot ass up.
>>
>>121033406
>you could choose between 4, 8, 15 or 24-bit color depth

I'm hardly an expert, but I would think that your actual choices were 4 or 8-bit palettes with 15 or 24-bit color depths.

How a 4bit color depth even work?
>>
>>121026397
kek

desu

senpai

baka

SJW

Anita

testing
>>
>>121032341
>The guy didn't even bother to do anything about it himself.

More like he obviously doesn't read your shit.

Honestly, if you get such a boner from him, come to his IRC channel, skip the middlemen and get it over with you faggot bitch. You sound like a bitch and talk like a bitch.
>>
File: 16-color bird.png (14KB, 253x364px) Image search: [Google]
16-color bird.png
14KB, 253x364px
>>121034463
>How a 4bit color depth even work?
it's 16 colors. Pretty common thing with the 1980s early computers. With dithering, you can fake 128 color look pretty well with it.

In case of textures, it was all about saving memory and disc space back then. If your texture is mostly of one color, with darker and brighter sections creating details, you could do it just fine in 4-color grayscale mode, and colorize the surface it was placed on with vertex coloring instead. This saves tons of VRAM.
>>
>>121035319
That's not 4bit color depth, that's a 4 bit palette
>>
>>121022120
>>121022730
Neobrain is shitting on Ishiiruka again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3r4qsp/dolphin_now_supports_tessellation_and_displacment/

>Not speaking officially, but to me it looks very much like the feature is currently in the "gimmick" state at best, but nothing which you would ship with a well-polished piece of software. Sometimes, you just have to accept that a feature is nothing more than a toy.
And to be honest, I didn't find this particular implementation visually convincing either. The examples shown in the video were pretty poor applications of these rendering techniques.
>>
>>121016614
Bump.
>>
>>121024581
what gaem?
>>
>>121036651
no

>>121036746
Seriously? It's Symphony of the Night.
>>
File: c64-ik+.png (9KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
c64-ik+.png
9KB, 320x200px
>>121035356
true, but we can only simulate 4-bit color modes on our modern systems that run at 16-32 bit colors.

Commodore 64 for example had a legit 4-bit / 16 color mode.

>>121036651
>>121016614
No, you cannot. 3DS emulation is at very early baby's shoes at the moment; they just recently got OoT3D to RUN on PCs. Not smoothly, not flawlessly, not in playable form, but still boot up and run.

But seriously, why bother? It's the worst version of MGS3.
>>
>>121035936
>neobrain:Yes, and that's precisely the reason why I will not consider this feature to be anything other than a gimmick currently. You can put the responsibility to the artist all the way you like, but at some point things just become too impractical to be of any actual use, really.
>Of course, all of that is my personal opinion and expectation. There's nothing wrong with trying anyway, and some of the greater projects stem from ideas which were condemned as impossible beforehand. Regardless, until it's been proven that tessellation and displacement mapping can be useful in practice, there is no point in even thinking about including it in the official source tree.
>>
>>121036935
Hardware palettes are still palettes. 4bit direct color would be something like 1 bit per channel plus 1 for alpha, giving you black, white, red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, and yellow(only full on or off for each channel), or something a bit more nuanced like 1 bit for red and blue and 2 for green. No matter what it wouldn't look anything like your pic.

The PS1 typically operated with 8bit custom palettes, those palettes being defined in 15bit direct color.

I don't know the specifics of 24bit color for it, but I would imagine that is what the 4bit palettes are for.

This is only for textures, not for output, and you could display many palettes at once for only the cost of a little VRAM, which is why I seriously doubt SH only uses 1 palette for the entire game.
>>
File: cpucore = 1.png (3KB, 180x170px) Image search: [Google]
cpucore = 1.png
3KB, 180x170px
wading through my dolphin.ini and found this
is it only using a single core? or does this mean something different?
>>
>>121038941
>4bit direct color would be something like 1 bit per channel plus 1 for alpha, giving you black, white, red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, and yellow(only full on or off for each channel
True that. And that's pretty much how the primitive, gaming capable systems actually did it back in the days. The legendary black+white+cyan+pink color scheme was quite common for this purpose.

And it's true that PS1 did not run at 4-bit colors at any point, at best it was 8-bit mode with lower bit-rate textures.

The thing making me suspect the use of 8-bit color mode in SH1 is the active use and clearness of the dithering. The game looks very different when played in 32-bit, filtered form, literally losing some of its color vibrance, plus the typical issue of stuff clipping into existence very clearly when you move around.
With the dithering enabled, everything from the flashlight's beam to the fog / shadow effects have better fade-out phase at the corners, and the transition can be surprisingly steep, literally going from the typical colors to pitch-black .

The textures use a varying palettes of their own, but surprisingly many of them are in grayscale / sepian-ish brown scales. Don't know if they then apply new palettes on them while in the game, or if the more colorful elements are made like that already in the bitmap.
>>
File: reicast.png (41KB, 637x383px) Image search: [Google]
reicast.png
41KB, 637x383px
>>
>>121040135
Barelly can see shit.
>>
>>121024917
>Hard work is more important in the long run than anything else.
Oh, Naruto, you don't actually believe that do you?
>>
>>120942281
This is honestly what I do. Or rather, I only emulate PS2 with Sony's emulator on the PS3 on rare occasions, most of the time is spent on real hardware. Same with the N64.

After a while, you start wanting a bugfree fucking experience. No room for bullshit. Sounds like GBA has finally gotten there which is great.

I've been having a break from emulation myself, focusing on Spelunky instead. This would've been the greatest thing ever back on the SNES. Still pretty much is. Wish it had a libretro port

>>121024728
You're one delusional fuck
>>
File: 1445626075023.jpg (36KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
1445626075023.jpg
36KB, 405x431px
I hear RetroArch has some issues and buggy cores in Windows that are fine in Linux, is this true?
>>
File: Main_Screen_Confluence_14.1.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Main_Screen_Confluence_14.1.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>>121024728
For those of you who don't know, basically Kodi is libretro's "HTPC" angle. Which means people who want to play their streaming video content on a stick attached to their TV may use it. What they won't use it for is emulation because they're likely normies.

I guess Kodi must be big in whatever country SP is from and that's why he thinks it's so important but given the reference picture of it on wikipedia is not in english I'm going to guess it isn't too big in the US/Canada/UK.
>>
File: 1445015288224.jpg (136KB, 1017x834px) Image search: [Google]
1445015288224.jpg
136KB, 1017x834px
>>121042728

>The legal status of libdvdcss, libaacs and libbdplus is thus questionable in several nations, and the distribution of executable versions of Kodi containing which was built with these libraries without a commercial license to is likely to run afoul of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) in the U.S.

>tfw "libretro's HTPC angle" is illegal in the US
>>
>>121042672

PPSSPP is one example at least.
>>
>>121043197
>murifat corporations buttflustered people don't want to pay their shitty licenses to play some medias
>>
>>121043412
Unfortunately murikan corporations own this town
>>
>>121040135
Any progress on MDEC emulation?
>>
>>121041392
that's kinda the point, but you probably have your gamma / brightness set too low
>>
>>121039375
Setting that to 0 forces dolphin to only uses one processor core. Setting it to 1 uses two processor cores.

It's not an "X" value where X = number of cores used, it's just an on or off value.
>>
>>121045138
>Setting that to 0 forces dolphin to only uses one processor core. Setting it to 1 uses two processor cores.
Did they ever think that maybe that doesn't make a lot of sense
>>
File: dumb.png (12KB, 468x426px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.png
12KB, 468x426px
>>121045189
It's a checkbox, on or off, it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>121049607
Then it should be a bool like everything else in that shot and be named something like dualcore. It's not really a big deal, but that shit definitely doesn't make sense.
>>
>>121049607
Well in the GUI it makes sense but not so much in the config values
>>
File: CPU Cores Speccy.png (8KB, 478x163px) Image search: [Google]
CPU Cores Speccy.png
8KB, 478x163px
>>121045138
>>121045189
>>121049607
>>121052271
>>121052310
CPU cores start at 0.
>>
>>121052694
Well the setting isn't the CPU number it's going to use, it's dualcore? y/n
>>
Everybodys wrong:
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/blob/696d6eae099feba23c280017c5184785fc1e3076/Source/Core/Core/Movie.h#L91
>// 0 = interpreter, 1 = JIT, 2 = JITIL
>>
File: RetroArch-1102-185740.png (4MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1102-185740.png
4MB, 2880x2160px
>>
>>121033103
>Well SP is good at mindless refactoring all day and night long so in a sense he is a hard worker.
Fair enough. Mindless indeed.

>>121034149
>Prove it. Go and make PJ64 portable without Zilmar's help, without regressions.
>You can't because you don't understand jack fuck about it.
Nice logic! You want me to prove a point by doing you a favor!

One can know C++, x86 Assembly, & WinAPI, while having a solid understanding of Project64 without knowing any portable API's.

Tell me why I should go out of my way to help you guys! Making Project64 more portable is obviously not as important to me as it is to you.

>>121034634
>More like he obviously doesn't read your shit.
Ok. Explain why this happened shortly after I pointed out a problem? https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/commit/6a98ae8fb8b4e1bed0b368e410601a3562966f54
>>
File: 1393210699282.jpg (66KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1393210699282.jpg
66KB, 500x383px
>>121042728
The amount of ignorance and stupidity in this post just hurts my head.
>>
>still trying to bait SP into responding again

Stop
>>
File: Cuckold.png (208KB, 1315x1784px) Image search: [Google]
Cuckold.png
208KB, 1315x1784px
>>121003051
Kekold
>>
>>121055685
Yet you don't correct it so that we can understand. If you don't then that is all we're going to know about Kodi here.
>>
>>121056654
What the heck does this have to do with emulation? Is that an emudev?
>>
>>121056992
>Is that an emudev?
Yes.
>>
>>121057141
Who is it then?
>>
>>121057246
Neobrain.
>>
>>121057349
Proof?
>>
>>121057349
hahaha oh wow
>>
>>121057469
That's why he is so angry.
>>
>>121057783
That's not how proof works.
>>
>>121057872
Don't believe if you don't want to but it's true.
>>
>>121056868
>Yet you don't correct it so that we can understand. If you don't then that is all we're going to know about Kodi here.
I'm not going to write several paragraphs about a subject when there's already a mountain of information about it that you can easily obtain by using something called a "search engine" on the "world wide web".
>>
>>121058135
That's not how proof works.
>>
>>121056654

That's a new low /emugen/.
>>
>>121058149
Your "search engine" led me to "wikipedia" which generally confirmed what he said.
>>
>>121053975
>Ok. Explain why this happened shortly after I pointed out a problem?

Obviously HatCat read your shit and did something about it.
>>
>>121018739
Battery life >dedicated graphics
>>
>>121059145
Wow, those are some terrible deduction skills you have there. English is the default language for Kodi. I also tried to find stats on downloads by country of origin or something like that, but the best I could find was https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/xbmc-remote-control/statistics/usage/languages/?last=30
Research isn't just skimming on webpage and calling it done, try reading multiple sources next time.
>>
>>121060378
If you read the initial post about Kodi carefully you will see that it is not the default language that is castigated, but rather that the person who did the wikipedia page for it put up a picture with a foreign language GUI, indicating s/he was not a primary English speaker. From this we can deduce the likelihood that people who care about Kodi are more likely to be non-primary English speakers, most likely from eastern Europe.

Furthermore, filtering statistics for Kodi usage through Firefox add ons for Kodi can skew the data in any number of directions, especially given that Firefox largely caters to an English speakers. What you need is statistical data from Kodi's creators themselves.
>>
So I'm an idiot and trying to get psp to work in retroarch, can someone give me a run down on how to do this?
>>
>>121062595

Start by learning C++.
>>
>>121061630
>If you read the initial post about Kodi carefully you will see that it is not the default language that is castigated, but rather that the person who did the wikipedia page for it put up a picture with a foreign language GUI, indicating s/he was not a primary English speaker. From this we can deduce the likelihood that people who care about Kodi are more likely to be non-primary English speakers, most likely from eastern Europe.
Then riddle me this Batman? Why would English be the default language if that wasn't the primary language of the user base? And a single picture from Wikipedia is hardly solid ground to make an argument from, especially when three out of the four images of the Kodi homescreen are in English. It's also laughable that you think Wikipedia is a reliable source. And what's your basis for claiming that Firefox largely caters to English speakers? It's available in dozens of languages.

I didn't address it before, but Kodi isn't libretro's anything. SP is not involved with Kodi, and nobody on the Kodi team is involved with the libretro project beyond implementing it in their own software. And if you did even the slightest bit of research in to Kodi then you would know that it's not a "normie" thing and that plenty of people already use it as a launcher for emulators. When I last talked with SP about Kodi implementing the libretro API the only thing he had to say about it was along the lines of "As long as they don't break ABI then I don't care." He doesn't think it's some big important thing.
>>
I'm playing MGS2 on the PCSX2, the screen goes black to load a cutscene, the one before fighting vamp and solidus on the jet, but nothing happens except the fps dropping until it reaches zero and then PCSX2 crashes. Help
>>
File: Castrate White Swedes.png (752KB, 1378x887px) Image search: [Google]
Castrate White Swedes.png
752KB, 1378x887px
>>121056654
Speaking of keks.
>>
>>121063578

Hey friend, you seem to be lost. You're looking for

>>>/pol/

Or arguably

>>>/v/

You're welcome!
>>
File: Firefox_40_on_Windows_10.png (83KB, 1129x789px) Image search: [Google]
Firefox_40_on_Windows_10.png
83KB, 1129x789px
>>121063265
>Then riddle me this Batman? Why would English be the default language if that wasn't the primary language of the user base?
Because English is the default for almost all non-niche software.

>And what's your basis for claiming that Firefox largely caters to English speakers? It's available in dozens of languages.
Most of the devs are English speakers, the foundation is based in an English speaking country and all the marketing is targeted towards English speakers. You won't see the primary image of Firefox on English Wikipedia being in a non-English language.

>I didn't address it before, but Kodi isn't libretro's anything.
And yes we're aware that Kodi is bigger than libretro and is just going to integrate some libretro stuff into it.

>And if you did even the slightest bit of research in to Kodi then you would know that it's not a "normie" thing and that plenty of people already use it as a launcher for emulators.
HTPCs and their software are inherently normie things. They primarily cater to people still stuck in front of their TVs rather than people who watch their media entirely on PC rather than TV, and people with gaming PCs who want the best experience possible when emulating.

>He doesn't think it's some big important thing.
Why exactly did our earlier funposter suggest it was going to destroy stand alone emulators to have Kodi implement LR API then? Was he just having a giggle?
>>
>>121063518
Software Renderer
>>
>>121056654
not SP, just a headsup
>>
>>121066328
Thanks, SP
>>
File: picross.png (3KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
picross.png
3KB, 320x288px
>>
>>121065195
>Because English is the default for almost all non-niche software.
Kodi is niche software. Anything the requires as much setup and configuration as Kodi will never catch on with the average person.
>Most of the devs are English speakers, the foundation is based in an English speaking country
That has nothing to do with catering to any group of people. The majority of devs on the team have to share some language in common to get anything done and where the foundation is based affects exactly 0% of end users.
>all the marketing is targeted towards English speakers.
What fucking marketing? I've seen television ads for IE, but never Firefox. Anyway, marketing to a group and catering to a group are two completely different things. Firefox catering to English speakers would look something like making changes to the software that are only intended to benefit those that speak English.
>You won't see the primary image of Firefox on English Wikipedia being in a non-English language.
Like that means anything. That same English screenshot of Firefox is also used on the Arabic, Estonian, French, Armenian, Punjabi, Russian and Vietnamese Wikipedias while the Italian Wikipedia page has a screenshot of Firefox in Italian. Most Wikipedia authors are lazy and just copy-paste shit rather than making their own assets.
>>
File: solution.png (3KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
solution.png
3KB, 320x288px
>>
>>121068268
Looked like a crown to me
>>
>>121065195
>HTPCs and their software are inherently normie things.
If you were talking about stuff like Roku or Chromecast then I would agree. But Kodi is far from a turn-key solution and would just frustrate "normies" as you keep saying. Most of my friends in college weren't comfortable using my (at the time) XBMC HTPC because they thought they might somehow break it.
>They primarily cater to people still stuck in front of their TVs rather than people who watch their media entirely on PC rather than TV
If it's a "normie" thing to not want to make all my friends huddle around my computer desk to watch a movie or something then I guess I'm a "normie".
>and people with gaming PCs who want the best experience possible when emulating.
You really don't need that great of hardware to run most libretro cores well.
>Why exactly did our earlier funposter suggest it was going to destroy stand alone emulators to have Kodi implement LR API then?
He was likely talking out of his ass.
>Was he just having a giggle?
I suppose.
I love Retroarch/libretro but I have no illusions of it catching on with the masses in its current form. The average person is too stupid and lazy to learn how to use something like it.
>>
File: 1444487696686.gif (312KB, 530x320px) Image search: [Google]
1444487696686.gif
312KB, 530x320px
Jesus Christ, you guys actually managed to find something more autistic than the N64 to argue about.

Congratulations, I guess
>>
File: you keep using that word.jpg (45KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
you keep using that word.jpg
45KB, 500x420px
>>121069220
>autistic
>>
I want to run emulators on my 3DS XL but I'm on firmware 10.2.0-28U. Would a flashcart be able to help, and if so, which one?
>>
>>121070780
Why the fuck would a flashcart help
>>
>>121071116
Never mind. Reddit was more helpful.
>>
>>121071896
This is not a place to discuss emulation. Just emulation drama, picross, and being terrible at megaman. At best its the middle school of emulation forums.
>>
>>121056654
>>121063578
Wow. Thanks assholes. Now I'm mad.

I was having a good day too.

Fuck you both.
>>
>>121072921

I thought infinity chan was the new stormfront HQ?
>>
>>121072921
No.
>>
>>121073568
Too bad ;)
>>
>>121072921
sorry, there's no jews in here.
Lots of niggers though, so take your cracka ass to some place where it's okay to fuck your cousin.
Also, anyone using the new features in ishiiruka?
>>
>>121068241

>Kodi is niche software. Anything the requires as much setup and configuration as Kodi will never catch on with the average person.
I guess that kills that one guy's idea of Kodi integrating libretro destroying stand alone emulators.

>What fucking marketing? I've seen television ads for IE, but never Firefox.
TV ads for web browsers are overboard. I'm talking tech site article buy ins to get PR, bought nagging "Try Firefox today!" messages with other programs or on websites, and things like that. Those make up far more in the way of web browser marketing.

>Firefox catering to English speakers would look something like making changes to the software that are only intended to benefit those that speak English.
When English speaking devs are developing something, anything that helps foreign language users is generally incidental. You have a certain culture in the dev team and they are thinking of a certain type of person when they push code for the browser--people like them. Sure, most of the time it won't matter and it will work just as well for non-English speakers. But most non-English support for the browser is an afterthought created by side teams. They can't even report bugs to the 'real' dev team, but must go through intermediaries.

Anyway we're kind of getting a bit off topic here with browser war discussion although it is relevant to the initial point of the add on data.
>>
>>121069056
>If you were talking about stuff like Roku or Chromecast then I would agree. But Kodi is far from a turn-key solution and would just frustrate "normies" as you keep saying.
Alright, maybe it's more intermediate or so?

>If it's a "normie" thing to not want to make all my friends ...
'friends', key word there, bro ;)

I guess that's working off a bit of a stereotype but mentioning friends when discussing "normie"-talk has to be kind of a red flag.

>You really don't need that great of hardware to run most libretro cores well.
That may be true but the "sexiest" libretro cores like mupen and mednafen PSX that people really want to use, you will need at least a decent processor for.

>I love Retroarch/libretro but I have no illusions of it catching on with the masses in its current form. The average person is too stupid and lazy to learn how to use something like it.
I like your honesty.
>>
I'm new to Wii emulation. Would it be possible to play something like mario galaxy with a regular controller and no waggle?
>>
File: ULUS10308_00002.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10308_00002.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Just started playing this, it has a shitload of charm and is this 'easy' sort of amusing and funny. Let's see how the mechanics hold up.
>>
>>121074735

I really don't like the art style. Are you filtering the texture?
>>
>>121074913
I don't know if he's filtering it, or if the PSP is doing it, but it absolutely doesn't look like that on the PS2.
>>
Did MAME catch on with the masses or is it still just mainly used arcade enthusiasts?
>>
>>121075125
Mostly arcade enthusiasts, everyone else uses FBA
>>
File: town.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
town.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>121074913
>>121075030
Might be the FXAA, I'm just upscaling the textures otherwise. No deliberate filtering on my part. I haven't played the game before, so I'm actually liking the style.
>>
>>121066237
Thanks! It worked!
>>
File: 1330949790001.png (524KB, 765x772px) Image search: [Google]
1330949790001.png
524KB, 765x772px
>>121075682
>FXAA
>On a sprite based game
END USERS
>>
>>121075814
Still had it activated from the game I played before. It kinda gives those sprites a photoshop filter effect. Not bad in my opinion. Going to try it without that, though.
>>
>>121075682

Looks like some hqx filter. I really don't like that stuff, I'll take pixelated sprites every time.

But hey, good for you I guess.
>>
>>121074521
Yes.
>>121074735
>>121074913
Yeah, there's definitely xBRZ texture scaling going on there.
>>
File: 1436224590916.gif (14KB, 160x124px) Image search: [Google]
1436224590916.gif
14KB, 160x124px
>>121075814
>tfw end-user who actually has a bit of an idea of what he's doing
>>
>>121056654
>>121058135

Come on, you know better than that
>>
>>121074007
>TV ads for web browsers are overboard. I'm talking tech site article buy ins to get PR, bought nagging "Try Firefox today!" messages with other programs or on websites, and things like that. Those make up far more in the way of web browser marketing.
Well I have ads blocked on most sites like any sensible person these days, and no software I use nags me to try other software while using it. Maybe some of their installers do, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
>Anyway we're kind of getting a bit off topic here with browser war discussion although it is relevant to the initial point of the add on data.
Like I had said, it was the best I could come across for language usage statistics for Kodi since they haven't published anything like that themselves.

>>121074314
>Alright, maybe it's more intermediate or so?
I don't think so. Kodi doesn't have anything resembling a decent way to interface with Netflix or Hulu for instance, so that'd be a big turnoff to the average person.
>'friends', key word there, bro ;)
>I guess that's working off a bit of a stereotype but mentioning friends when discussing "normie"-talk has to be kind of a red flag.
A redflag for what? Being a total shut-in is not a requirement for browsing 4chan. I'm not a socially graceful person, but I do have a social life.
>That may be true but the "sexiest" libretro cores like mupen and mednafen PSX that people really want to use, you will need at least a decent processor for.
Then make sure you pick out a decent processor when you're building your HTPC if that's something you want to do on it.
>I like your honesty.
I do my best to not entertain any delusions.
>>
File: screenshot.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Butthurt little kids like >>121042728 and >>121074007 who think their toy emulators matter when contrasted against proper softwares that people actually use, do a reality check. None of your poorly engineered pieces of trash can even begin to approach in scale.
>>
>>121082584
Are you faggots STILL arguing over literally nothing?
>>
>>121082798
I sure am impressed by your generic 30something white man slowly walking towards the screen, Kodiposter.
>>
File: screenshot001.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot001.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>121083328
You wanted me to wait for the screen transitioning into some anime picture before I could take a screenshot and post it? I could do that too but Banshee is a pretty fun TV show jesus christ you petty tasteless fucker
>>
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/

What needs to happen to make WINE not shit?
>>
File: 1440807383331.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440807383331.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>121082798
>proper softwares that people actually use
>Kodi is niche software. Anything the requires as much setup and configuration as Kodi will never catch on with the average person.
>>
>>121084083
>new trip

Nice try filter evading
>>
>>121084160
Have you tried it for yourself, shithead? Or you read some comment on an anime discussion forum and decided you were an educated expert on the software? >>121068241 isn't stupid but he's wrong about how much configuration you need.

It's a three step process really. 1) Point Kodi at the folders where your videos are. 2) Say if the folders are filled with TV shows or movies. 3) Press scan. Then in a couple of minutes you get >>121083932 pic related

It's easy as shit to set up, and even easier to use afterwards
>>
>>121084210
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression
>>
>>121084083
Now I have both trips in the filter, thanks!
>>
>>121084843
But is he right or wrong that it would never catch on with the average person? I'm pretty sure I could figure it out but I am not the average person.
>>
File: 341401_-_Copy.png (557KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
341401_-_Copy.png
557KB, 800x769px
>>121084083
>But given Windows 10 is better than Windows 7 and Windows 8, why would that be a problem?

>Windows 10 is better than Windows 7
>>
What kind of AA does dolphin use? Options don't say what kind it is, and I don't wanna enable any kind of disgusting post-processing AA.
>>
>>121017984
We are the RetroBorg. Lower your shields and surrender your code. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your emulator will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
>>
>>121084083
There's nothing that can be done. Windows just too big unwieldy and complex a beast to create a program to mimic it in all situations. Might as well just stay on 7 or 8.1 forever and don't update.
>>
>>121085583
Considering they have millions of users at this point, I'd say he's wrong. It's already caught on. In my personal experience I've yet to see anyone being unable to operate it either.

In the past the problem was more one of cost, making the HTPC "hobby" one belonging to the realm of hardcore neckbeard geeks.

Kodi, as you may know, started out as homebrew for the original Xbox -- very inexpensive hardware compared to everything that could offer an equivalent experience at the time. These days with cheap SoCs and Android TV boxes you could get a full setup going for like $25 and installation is as easy as installing an app or copying some files to an SD card. We've been at that point for years already.

Enthusiasts will put money towards some slightly beefier hardware and work the many available configuration options, while the average dumb end user will likely just connect an HDMI cable and say it's ready. I think RA is wanting to achieve something like this too.
>>
>>121075232
lolwut? I used MAME for arcade emulation when I still had no clue what actually went into emulation.
>>
PCSX2 keeps giving me a out of memory error. I was playing MGS3 earlier this year everything worked, I downloaded the new version to play dark cloud 2 but it keeps giving me that error, it just keeps freezing and crashing left and right. Wtf I'm doing wrong here?
>>
>>121088390
Look up the memory expansion patch on the pcsx2 forums that lets it use 4 gig rather than 2
>>
>>121087063
Kind of depends on how many millions. I wouldn't really consider 2-3 million that much given how many people use stuff like Chromecast
>>
>>121017959
a lot of 144hz panels are just overclocked 120hz panels.
>>
>>121016112
Use a video mode that's 120Hz.

Unless it's super shitty and locked to that refresh rate...
>>
>>121018156
>60hz monitors have been made forever. Why do you need something different?

Two words: Motion Blur
>>
>>121087063
I'm >>121068241
>Considering they have millions of users at this point, I'd say he's wrong
According to the most recent stats team Kodi has published, they're at around 200,000 unique installations. This of course doesn't account for households that have multiple machines running Kodi.
http://kodi.tv/platform-statistics-october/
Granted, this is from two years ago, but I promise you that they're a good bit from 1,000,000 installations.
>In the past the problem was more one of cost, making the HTPC "hobby" one belonging to the realm of hardcore neckbeard geeks.
>Kodi, as you may know, started out as homebrew for the original Xbox -- very inexpensive hardware compared to everything that could offer an equivalent experience at the time. These days with cheap SoCs and Android TV boxes you could get a full setup going for like $25 and installation is as easy as installing an app or copying some files to an SD card. We've been at that point for years already.
Something like a Raspberry Pi, while undoubtedly cheap and capable, is still intimidating to the average person because it looks nothing like most computers and the mere fact that it doesn't run Windows or Mac OS X will scare people off too.

>>121084843
>It's a three step process really. 1) Point Kodi at the folders where your videos are. 2) Say if the folders are filled with TV shows or movies. 3) Press scan. Then in a couple of minutes you get >>121083932 pic related
Way to gloss over file organization and naming schemes. While it's pretty straightforward for movies, it gets hairier for series. Most torrents and usenet downloads these days will already have files named to fit Kodi's naming scheme, but you'd be surprised at how many people don't pirate because they either think it's too hard or that they'll get in trouble.
>>
>>121089206
Of course it's not as widespread as Chromecast, a widely advertised and stocked hardware piece from one of the world's largest companies. A non-commercial open source project like Kodi that doesn't bundle hardware is small fry compared to that. And then the babby emulators are yet again even smaller fry than Kodi.

Still though, this isn't a popularity contest, so just relax. Both Kodi and emulators are great while the Chromecast is still a piece of shit despite its larger user base.

When RetroPlayer gets merged into Kodi mainline it'll likely absorb a lot of the RetroPie/Emulation Station/HyperSpin fancy launcher type projects' userbases. Maybe even bring more casual emulator users away from their desks and over to the big screen with its easy config and great 10-foot interface. We'll see.
>>
>>121091083
Kodi already has two different addons that can be used to browse your games and launch them in an emulator just like any of the launchers you just named. RetroPlayer will just bring a unified user interface and possibly less resource usage.
>>
>>121090189
Motion blur is baked into all western movies and it is an option to turn it on or off in PC games. There's very little motion blur that is actually going to be caused by a 60 hz monitor.
>>
>>121090945
>According to the most recent stats team Kodi has published, they're at around 200,000 unique installations.
>http://kodi.tv/platform-statistics-october/
They're way past a million. Not only are these numbers two years old, right around the time where cheap HTPC devices started showing up (you didn't react to the Android OS not being present in the), but they're numbers for scraping requests to a music database.

I've been using XBMC since the early Xbox days and never once ran the music scraper. Look at the end of the very blog post you linked:
>The data was collected from 24 days of music requests from http://www.theaudiodb.com/ so its not a reflection of the entire XBMC ecosystem, just people requesting music metadata. The last time we checked our add-on statistics, we had around 1.9 million active installs around the world.
>around 1.9 million active installs

This being two years ago -- the numbers are guaranteed to have multiplied since
>>
>>121091562
Maybe RetroPlayer can replace RA since it might have a decent UI in comparison to RA.
>>
>>121091991
>There's very little motion blur that is actually going to be caused by a 60 hz monitor.
How wrong you are.

http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/60vs120vslb/

Sample and hold displays will inevitably have motion blur at low refresh rates like 60Hz. This is why backlight flickering and black frame insertion is the only way to get 60Hz motion quality back up to CRT standards.
>>
>>121092263
RA already has a "decent UI" and RetroPlayer probably won't have near as many options either.
>>
>>121092263
RetroPlayer will likely be enough for most, but not /emugen/. It's libretro bolted into a videoplayer codebase focusing on integration and ease of use, while neglecting autismal engineering quality and features focused on low latency and sync. Latency doesn't matter to a player that can just buffer like a bitch and call it a day, but that's not so nice for emulation.
>>
>>121092141
My bad. I saw the part about it only coming from the music scraping, but not the add-on statistics.
I still think it's a pretty niche thing considering I'm one of three people I've met IRL that use it.

>>121092848
There's no reason that couldn't implement DRC and change the buffering behavior when RetroPlayer is engaged.
>>
>>121086105
Well it is better in many ways. Sorry but Windows 7 is shit and has many annoyances that will never be fixed. Later versions fix some of these annoyances but fuck up other things I liked. This is how windows has always been, you cant choose what you want and always end up compromising. Windows 10 backend with the Windows 2000 UI tweaked a bit would make a decent OS.
I have a Linux setup that works mostly how I want however what's the point If I have to exit everything and reboot to play a PC game or run some other Windows only bullshit.
>>
>>121092321
>low refresh rates like 60Hz.
>low
>60Hz

You PC guys are mad
>>
File: 1445438107142.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445438107142.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>>121092464
>RA already has a "decent UI"
>>
>>121093725
Virtualization has come far enough at this point there's no need for dual booting, you can passthrough fucking video cards. I'm going to setup everything on top of a hypervisor the next damn computer I put together
>>
>>121094724
What the flying fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>121094031

There's nothing not decent about XMB and GLUI now.
>>
>>121094724
>passthrough fucking video cards
I was meaning to look into that. Does it still require two GPU's and a patched kernel?
>>
>>121094883
Qt, GTK, WxWidgets.

DO IT
>>
>>121094828
Do you know what virtualization is? You can have several "guest OS" running inside a host OS or on top of a hypervisor. At this point you can "forward" PCI-express or whatever is used today into a guest so it's as it has direct access even though it's running atop virtual hardware, goes for video cards too. You can boot up Windows alongside Linux for instance when you want to play games is what I was saying
>>
What are the most well optimized dolphin games? Gamecube or wii
>>
>>121094916
I think it should be doable with one GPU at this point but I haven't done a lot of research yet. Was thinking of going with Xen or something when it finally comes down to it.

Intel graphics for Linux and NVIDIA passthrough to Windows would be fine as well really

>>121095023
fuck off with your worthless fucking toolkit widgets
especially mentioning wxwidgets makes you look like a complete idiot, it's nothing short of trash
>>
Heh, they finally updated the RetroArch icon on Windows to the current design.
>>
>>121096348
I rub rub rub widget toolkits. So nice and clean, so beautiful and standardized.
>>
>>121096021
The most popular games.
>>
wtf does demul have to pause and load shit all the time?
>>
I got two monitors, does anybody knows any ds emulator that allows me to use the upper screen in one monitor and the lower one in other?
>>
>>121108102
Desmume on OSX.
>>
>>121093797
Well, 120+hz monitors are really cheap now and those overclockable Korean IPS monitors are getting really popular.
When you think about it, only poor people and consolefriends have 60hz monitors.
>>
>>121109329
This is so stereotypical it has to be satire.
>>
>>121109329
>Korean IPS monitors
You can keep your dead pixels thanks.
>>
How the fuck do I stop dosbox from doing 16:9 bullshit? I have a 4:3 monitor I use for old games and if I change fullresolution=original to 1600x1200 (the max resolution of the monitor) it letterboxes the fucking thing with black bars on the top and bottom. I've fiddled around with the aspect option and changing it from true to false does absolutely nothing.
>>
>>121109329
Best Korea or Worst Korea.
>>
>>121110591
Try dosbox in RetroArch.
>>
>>121036935
I just want to play MGS 3 with PeaceWalker controls, very cool actually. I don't care about graphics, authentication, I beatened game on Vita and have Master Race edition (worst idea of Kojima to make knife chop on not very sensitive circles button, also I wonder how people played this thing in first edition with shity camera).
>>
> boot up Order of Ecclesia again after I put it on hold for months
> current save file is somewhere in the castle
> check my save states in case I made one that's later
> save state was made way a few hours into the game

fuck
>>
>>121115667
>Using states and normal saves at the same time
You brought this on yourself.
>>
File: why-would-you-do-that[1].jpg (81KB, 292x302px) Image search: [Google]
why-would-you-do-that[1].jpg
81KB, 292x302px
>>121115667
>> check my save states in case I made one that's later
>>
>>121115882
>>121115964
I usually just use save states in the save room so I don't have to go through the intro and the menus when I open up the game

for some reason I stopped doing that with this game
>>
>>121116081
Depending on if the emulator writes changes on exit you can save it by copying the save file out while the game is still running.
>>
http://www[fuckhiro]twitch[fuckhiro]tv/isotarge/v/16114174

As suspected for some time now, the infamous dong expansion glitches in DK64 may very well have something to do with audio timing.
>>
>>121117958

You can just upload the video to Youtube or 4chan if you want to avoid twitch. Twitch is banned because of streamer spammers.
>>
Why is Recaptcha not interseted in adding a Saturn core?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh5swwKxT8E
>>
>>121120927
>it can play a video at 30fps
Cool, i guess...
>>
>>121006857
Thanks for that, works flawlessly now
>>
File: computer.png (39KB, 675x534px) Image search: [Google]
computer.png
39KB, 675x534px
am I good for emulating PS2 and Wii games? I just got this "newer" computer today, it's way better than my old computer.

I do plan to buy more ram and a better video card. Have my eyes set on getting a used 750 ti
>>
File: 1409595898255.png (673KB, 587x646px) Image search: [Google]
1409595898255.png
673KB, 587x646px
>>121127306

>32nm
>>
>>121127664

It really beats the shit out of my old Core 2 Duo E8400.

It's crazy good.
>>
File: RetroArch-1103-021219.png (5KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1103-021219.png
5KB, 693x693px
>lutro doesn't support ImageData:getPixel

Welp, the dream's over lads. I legit can't think of another feasible way to do this, and I'm not sure I'd want to if I could.
>>
>>121086136
MSAA and SSAA but it should tell you that so update Dolphin to a new version or preferably Ishiiruka.
>>
Displacement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8c3tHwa8jc#t=215
>>
>>121128903

It might get added.
>>
>>121130470
Yeah I assumed the goal was to eventually make it on par with love, except obvious stuff like scaling and subpixel movement.

Still though, I think I might leave it for a while at this point because I keep running into issues like this.
>>
>>121093797
It is low considering decade old CRTs had higher refresh rates
>>
>>121131763

Point them out and kivutar can add them.
>>
>>121109329

Call me when Batman Arkham Knight can run at 60fps, never mind 120fps.

LOL whoops. Putting the cart before the horse there. Most PC games are shitty consolefag ported games that run like shit except on overpowered rigs. What do you need a 120Hz monitor for?
>>
>>121131885
Because most doesn't equal all, retard. Maybe if you would stop eating shit we wouldn't be in the situation in the first place.
>>
>>121110657
Does it matter?
>>
>>121131763

https://github.com/libretro/libretro-lutro/commit/5f8aafa30dbd180cef3727517ff93cd101624139

Got added now.
>>
>>121131824
>>121132421
Well shit. Did someone just tell him on IRC, or does he post ITT?

Also, that's weird because I've been using getHeight without issues.
>>
>>121128903
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
RIP

k-pop is a more worthy topic than emulation any
>>
>>121132421
Damn, I tried it and this doesn't work.
>>
>>121136389

Report it on the github issues page.
>>
>>121139262
Yeah I guess. I tried telling him on IRC, but he was afk.
>>
>>121128903

Oh you're coding this? Looking good.

Use the turtleman's picture instead of mario in the top left corner.
>>
File: Megaman 44.webm (2MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 44.webm
2MB, 500x380px
>>
File: Megaman 45.webm (2MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 45.webm
2MB, 500x380px
>>
>>121041134
Fuck that, we need more MAME cores first
https://github.com/libretro/mame2000-libretro
>>
File: hang-in-there.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hang-in-there.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>121146062
>>
I keep having studders when i emulate Banjo kazooie on project64 is this a known issue ?

How the fuck do i fix this ?
>>
>>121146972
Get a better CPU
>>
>>121146972
Get a better GPU
>>
>>121146558
That's just iMAME4ALL renamed. That core has been around forever.
>>
>>121148302
I thought one of their principles is to not hide what emulators they're using unlike other frontends
>>
>>121148546
does imame4all even offer any emulation/speed improvements to the mame code it based on in the first place? sounds like all frontend shit but i have never touched that
>>
File: RetroArch-1103-091641.png (6KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1103-091641.png
6KB, 693x693px
PROGRESS

It can now read images

Post some 20x20 black and white images and I'll make you some picrosses you can send to your friends to solve by hand or something idk
>>
>>121147691
>>121147834
I have a i7-3770, r9 390 and 16 gbs of ram.
>>
>>121146972
Seriously? Project 64 1.6 worked on my tower from 1999. If you're using 1.7, try 1.6. If that doesn't work, it might be a compatibility issue. Try Mupen64 or RetroArch-Mupen64
>>
>>121149279
Then you're using the wrong RSP plug-in, Graphics plug-in, or version of PJ64. There's no reason for Banjo-Kazooie to be stuttering
>>
File: RetroArch-1103-092514.png (6KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1103-092514.png
6KB, 693x693px
4chan, free image hosting
>>
>>121149630

Now add a CRT shader.
>>
>>121146972
>I keep having studders when i emulate Banjo kazooie on project64 is this a known issue ?
>How the fuck do i fix this ?
Either due to graphics plugin or CPU recompiler. Try disabling Advanced Block Linking to see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't make a different, re-enable it.

What version of Project64? What graphics plugin?
>>
>>121149279
Get a better emulator.
>>
File: RetroArch-1103-093225.png (2MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1103-093225.png
2MB, 1080x1080px
>>121149760
you got it boss
>>
>>121150079

10/10
>>
>>121110657
Worst Korea.

How do I know? Because they don't sell TVs to the Us unless they have dead pixels although they do tell you to expect dead pixels.

Worst Korea trolls us again.
>>
>>121150427
North Korea trades with the US?! Now that's a first.
>>
>>121150427
desu that's pretty genius

If I was korean I'd probably be laughing my fat ass off at those dirty westerners with their dead pixels and their baby tournies, and their lack of hot6

>>121150736
NORTH KOREA BEST KOREA
>>
>>121150807
SOUTH KOREA BEST KOREA
>>
>>121150031
>Get a better emulator.
Like?
>>
>>121150941
frankenmupen is really the only other choice
>>
>>121150941
CEN64
>>
>>121151016
>frankenmupen is really the only other choice
Nemu64 and 1964 are faster. Mupen is like the slowest emulator, besides emulators like CEN64 and MAME.
>>
>>121026280
baka desu senpai kek SJW Anita
>>
>>121151365
Are you seriously and unironically recommending that someone use Nemu64 or 1964 instead of Mupen64Plus-libretro?

Are you unwell? Do you require assistance?
>>
>>121150941
1964 :)
>>
>>121148302
>frankenmupen

iMAME4All is just a fork. Calling it 'mame 2000' is more accurate to what it really is. Only things added to 0.37b5 were optimized 68K/Z80 CPU cores like Cyclone and drz80 anyway.
>>
>>121146558

It has received a lot more attention now that it is usable on 3DS and on 3DS, performance matters and CPU power is not in ample supply. Has been gathering dust for years otherwise and the only ones who cared about it before were just fags with underpowered Raspberry Pis.
>>
>>121148546
It's still being called MAME and not "100% ORIGINAL ARCADE EMULATOR DO NOT STEAL" so it's all good.
>>
>>121154440
>>121153082
Is MAME still doing weird shit to keep SP from being able to update its core?
>>
>>121151728
>Are you seriously and unironically recommending that someone use Nemu64 or 1964 instead of Mupen64Plus-libretro?
Yes, assuming there's no major issues on at least 1 of the 2 emulators I mentioned. I don't really play Kazooie. The person is concerned about performance. Why would you recommend a slower emulator?

https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/issues/253

After seeing this, I really don't see how people could even recommend it for people who are concerned about performance.

>Are you unwell? Do you require assistance?
Clearly I don't need assistance because I use the appropriate emulators and plugins for my needs.
>>
File: picross.png (3KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
picross.png
3KB, 320x288px
>>121150079

I'm jelly.
>>
>>121157329
>Complaining about the emulator being slower
>Linking to a bug about Angrylion's

So are all of you N64 kiddies retarded, or just the ones that post in this thread?
>>
File: solution.png (3KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
solution.png
3KB, 320x288px
>>
>>121154440
Is PPSSPP still doing weird shit to keep SP from being able to update its core?
>>
>>121157664
That was the obvious answer.
>>
>>121151365
This isn't 2004 anymore. The difference in speed between all these N64 emulators is negligible now. The bottleneck these days is in specific plugins. Like, for example, using Angrylion's on both Project64 and frankenmupen, the difference in speed was like a frame or two. I got a few more frames by switching to the RSP recompiler in PJ64.

If we're talking about using common plugins like Glide64 and they're playing a game that is known to run well on it like BK, any computer made in the last six years will have no issue regardless of emulator unless they fucked up a setting or they're using a shitty plugin or something.
>>
File: RetroArch-1103-101217.png (6KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1103-101217.png
6KB, 693x693px
Can you solve it, /emugen/? Looks pretty hard.
>>
>>121157329
That was an issue with the CXD4 RSP using outdated, unoptimized code. It now runs almost as fast as Project64 using that same RSP, and could probably get closer still with some further optimizations to Angrylion. Only reason Project64 can go even faster with Angrylion is because it has an RSP recompiler.

In any case, that issue was irrelevant. It's pretty obvious the guy fucked something up, because my much weaker rig has no issues with Banjo on any emulator.
>>
File: RetroArch-1103-120108.png (20KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1103-120108.png
20KB, 792x792px
>made it so it does automatic scaling based on the size of the spritesheet
>decide I should actually try it out
>get this

oh god why

I have no idea what's causing this.
>>
>>121162980
Why don't you post about this on your board?
As
>>
>>121164127
wat
>>
File: RetroArch-1031-214706.png (448KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1031-214706.png
448KB, 1280x960px
>>
File: RetroArch-1103-124429.png (7KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1103-124429.png
7KB, 792x792px
>>121162980

Fixed it

It's caused by setting the window size with window.setMode to something bigger than what you set in the conf (which I wasn't using and defaults to 320x240) old res of 231 was just under the limit.

I don't know it this is intentional or not. Maybe it generates a texture to use for output or something. idk, I don't know low level graphics shit.

Easy workaround is it to something big in the conf. If it is a texture, that might cause issues on mobile devices and shit though.

I'm probably thinking about this too hard.
>>
Hey /emugen/, quick possibly stupid question. When using the desmume core for retroarch with my ds3, the right analog stick controls a cursor that can act as a stylus for the bottom screen. I think that's hella neat but I also really fucking hate retroarch, is there a way to turn on this functionality on desmume proper?
>>
>>121172091
Nope.
>>
>>121172960
Shit. Thanks anyway
>>
File: zsnes.png (109KB, 1521x671px) Image search: [Google]
zsnes.png
109KB, 1521x671px
>>
I've been out of the loop for a while, what's the best N64 emulator and plugin setup nowadays? My system is kind of mediocre so no Cen64 for me. I'm running an Athlon X4 860k, 16GB of DDR3 1600, and a 1GB Radeon R7 250X.

I don't plan on playing anything too out of the ordinary, mostly Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark, Starfox 64, and ExtremeG2. I might also try some slightly more obscure stuff like Bangai-O, Sin & Punishment, Wonder Project J2, and Mischief Makers.
>>
File: RetroArch-1103-203150.png (4MB, 2691x2016px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1103-203150.png
4MB, 2691x2016px
>>
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_64_emulators

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Recommended_N64_Plugins

I recently went ham on those sections, so pretty much everything (except some of the download links) should be up to date and well documented.

The gist of it is, Project64 + either Glide64 or GLideN64 for sheer compatibility, or RetroArch using Glide64 if you want slightly better sound and wanna dick around with stuff like shaders.
>>
>>121178350
meant to quote >>121177196

If you wanna try out RetroArch, check out this section as well:

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Using_RetroArch#Mupen64Plus
>>
Dearest /emugen/

Which GBA cores are available in the Android version of RetroArch?

tyty
No really, I wanna set up a PC/Android tablet combo with a single microsd but I wanna start playing a game and the tablet hasn't arrived yet so I don't know which emu to pick.
>>
File: ks-nov15-viscomp2a.png (136KB, 638x396px) Image search: [Google]
ks-nov15-viscomp2a.png
136KB, 638x396px
just like the devs intended
>>
>>121178520
mGBA is the best one. If your tablet is shitty, try VBA-Next, or gpSP as a last resort.
>>
>>121178606
smooth looks really good
arcade looks best tho
>>
>>121178606
>>121178930
add variable beams and add a composite filter and it becomes best :)
>>
>>121178742
It's a GPD G5A, should be more than enough for the job.
mGBA has the highest compatibility?
>>
>>121179270
>mGBA has the highest compatibility?

Second highest after VBA-M
>>
>>121179659
and VBA-M isn't on Android RetroArch?
>>
>>121178350
>>121178509
Thanks anon. I remember using 1964 back in the day since I hated Project64 1.6, but hopefully 2.2 should be better.
>>
>>121179659
It kind of fucked up with Nazo no Murasame-jou. I remember VBA emulating it properly. Sadness!
>>
>>121176082
He wasted his time, we all know ZSNES is shit and anyone who is still using it knows it's shit but uses it for the nostalgia.
>>
>>121178606
Is that game ever going to be out? It was supposed to be out like a year ago
>>
File: snow.jpg (176KB, 1800x1123px) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
176KB, 1800x1123px
>>121176082

Shut your whore mouth
>>
>>121176082
> caring about accuracy
> not just caring about being able to play games at higher quality in the comfort of your PC
>>
>>121185503
>broken audio
>higher quality
>>
Are there any emulators for Windows Phone?
>>
>>121185503
they don't want to acknowledge the superior input lag reduction either
>>
>>121186667
> caring about audio quality

You must have a 1000$ sound system and headphones
>>
>>121187126
You don't need to be a full blown audiofag to notice crackling freindo.
>>
>>121186694
There will once my 640 arrives senpai.
>>
>>121150079

Make one with a CRT shader that says 'Emugen"
>>
>>121150079
This looks bad: the lines are shit, the aperture grille isn't doing anything there and there's not enough blur.

1st go here: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3998
2nd take a screenshot with vintage preset

Then you finally get the most authentic look
>>
File: 402.gif (174KB, 488x269px) Image search: [Google]
402.gif
174KB, 488x269px
>>121190468
>not enough blur
>>
>>121181809
>Thanks anon. I remember using 1964 back in the day since I hated Project64 1.6, but hopefully 2.2 should be better.
PJ64 2.2 is a mess. 2.3 is around the corner.
>>
>>121196484
Some guy keeps selling 2.3 around here but it has yet to come out months later.
>>
>>121196484
>PJ64 2.2 is a mess

How so?
>>
>>121157641
>So are all of you N64 kiddies retarded, or just the ones that post in this thread?
You fail to comprehend. In the page I linked, twinaphex wrote "Also, I'd say the comparison is skewed by another discriminating factor - we're comparing a Mupen64plus derivative here to Pj64. There's no telling how much faster PJ64 is or not compared to Mupen64plus."

>>121161686
>The difference in speed between all these N64 emulators is negligible now.
I disagree. A few extra VI/s is significant.

>The bottleneck these days is in specific plugins
It's true that plugins are usually the bottleneck, but some games still heavily use the cpu core. Pretty sure BK uses more CPU than the average game.

>I got a few more frames by switching to the RSP recompiler in PJ64.
cxd4 says his RSP is faster ;/ .

>>121162490
GPDP wrote "So a great improvement in speed overall, though it still falls short of what I get out of the zilmar-spec emulators on my particular machine."
>>
>>121198243
>I disagree. A few extra VI/s is significant.

If we're talking about Angrylion's, sure, since any VI we can get to get it closer to 60fps on most machines is significant. But we're talking about HLE, hardware-accelerated plugins that would run at hundreds of VI/s on the average machine in use today if the framerate was unlocked. And while that dude's CPU is not that great, it's certainly no worse than the shit-tier hardware people were playing many games (Banjo included) on back in the day.

>cxd4 says his RSP is faster

Only when directly comparing it to zilmar's RSP in Interpreter mode, especially if using SSSE3. With the Recompiler, zilmar's is still faster, and he has said as much.

>GPDP wrote "So a great improvement in speed overall, though it still falls short of what I get out of the zilmar-spec emulators on my particular machine."

The statement "almost as fast" does not contradict "still falls short of". It's just worded more positively.
>>
>>121197980
Well, there's malware in the installer for starters.

By the way, why the fuck do some emulators still use installers?
>>
>>121199542
For malware ads. Name one current emulator with a clean installer.
>>
>>121199542
It's easy enough to skip if you don't have the IQ of a retarded chimp.
>>
>>121199865
Here is your reply.
>>
>>121199865
That does not excuse it at all. They are just taking advantage of people that don't know any batter. Everyone is new to these things at some point and it's rude to call them 'retarded chimps' just because you have known this shit for years
>>
>>121199865
Just because you can turn it off doesn't automatically make it OK. There is no defending this at all.
>>
>>121199337
>The statement "almost as fast" does not contradict "still falls short of". It's just worded more positively.
You're right. I posted the quote because I'm pretty sure he was using cxd4's RSP on both emulators, which leads me to believe that the cpu core is at least partially responsible for the speed difference.

> But we're talking about HLE, hardware-accelerated plugins that would run at hundreds of VI/s on the average machine in use today if the framerate was unlocked. And while that dude's CPU is not that great, it's certainly no worse than the shit-tier hardware people were playing many games (Banjo included) on back in the day.
GPU matters more than CPU for HLE hardware accelerated plugins. If he has an IGP, he might not get hundreds of VI/s in some games. It is very possible that you are correct about him not using the best plugins and settings.
>>
>>121185503
>comfort of your PC
The PC is a terrible platform for comfort, the games are played on them out of necessity if anything. Fuck computers.
>>
>>121178606

all are ugly because the graphics themselves are ugly
>>
New to emulation in general, lurked the wiki for a couple hours reading about obscure systems, retroarch and such

What's emugen's opinion on EmulatorStation and retroarch? Is it better to have separate emulators for each system?
>>
>>121207750
>Is it better to have separate emulators for each system?
Imo, yes.
>>
>>121075814
actually, with sprite-based games FXAA can do an excellent job of masking artifacts. Ever play paper mario: ttyd on dolphin?
>>
>>121207750
RetroArch is not a traditional multi system emu and uses septate ports of emulators that are the same emulation wise and kept mostly up to date. The main reason for using it is for wide platform support and to get a set of common features with these emulators like shaders and DRC. Most other multi system programs tend to be merges of emulators that have become horribly out of date or are a jack of all trades master of none.
>>
>>121207750
EmulationStation is just a pretty launcher. Use it with Retroarch if you feel. If I'm not mistaken, you can also use it for emus that don't have cores in retroarch for a "unified" experience.

Retroarch is nice to use, being in one place but still being dedicated cores that are kept relatively up to date. Once you get it set up it just works. Shaders (if you're into it) and A/V sync are wonderful. Some aspects of input handling might drive you nuts but using per core and per game configs will help that.
The interface isn't everyone's favorite but it's not counter-intuitive. Just make sure to grab the BIOS pack and set your paths.
>>
>>121210449
>Most other multi system programs tend to be merges of emulators that have become horribly out of date or are a jack of all trades master of none.
So MAME/MESS, the neglected parts of Mednafen, and the other parts of Higan (you know, outside SNES)?
>>
Best audio driver to use on RA? XAudio seems to be giving me popping when playing NES games.
>>
>>121212183
pulseaudio
>>
>>121211676
Pretty much.

>>121212183
Leave it on that and tweak the buffer size and DRC delta.

>>121212330
lol
>>
>>121212685
>Leave it on that and tweak the buffer size and DRC delta.
Guess I'll try that, then. Also, how can I go back to not having an audio DSP plugin after playing around a little with them?
>>
>>121213179
Pushing start on an option like that will clear it out.
>>
>>121213770
Well shit, that actually worked. Thank you based anon.
>>
>>121200134
>They are just taking advantage of people that don't know any batter.
This is essentially what capitalism does. It's very difficult to make a profit if you're being fair to your customer. Inherently there will have to be mark up so you can make profit for example. And that is only the most basic level.
>>
File: 1403708824611.gif (2MB, 237x171px) Image search: [Google]
1403708824611.gif
2MB, 237x171px
>>121215113
>actually defending putting a virus on someone's computer
>>
>>121212183

Use the estimated refresh rate tool in the menu to get an accurate reading of your screen refresh rate, and have it copy over to the configured refresh rate setting by pressing A after it hits 2048 samples. The screen refresh rate setting is needed to do proper sound adjustments for smooth video output, and if it is significantly offset from your actual screen refresh rate it can cause audio timing to be offset enough to have gaps. The default setting is 59.95Hz, NTSC standard refresh rate.
>>
>>121215438
That's what you do when you defend capitalism. But people on TV do it all day, so...
>>
is scp driver a 64bit program? does it require 64bit redistributables?
>>
File: Megaman 46.webm (3MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 46.webm
3MB, 500x380px
>>
File: there-was-an-attempt.jpg (34KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
there-was-an-attempt.jpg
34KB, 500x466px
>>121221602
Having fun?
>>
>>121221602
Are you playing so badly on purpose?
>>
File: Megaman 47.webm (2MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 47.webm
2MB, 500x380px
>>
>>121221602
>>121224798
Did you begin vidya with PS1/N64 era, Megafriend?
>>
File: Megaman 48.webm (3MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 48.webm
3MB, 500x380px
>>121225327
NES actually but I never owned one and was too young to attempt Megaman at the time.

I only ever played the first Zelda and Archon.

SNES was the first console I owned.

I wasn't really playing with showing off in mind. I was just enjoying myself.
>>
>>121225643
I get the feeling with the level of challengefagging and bragging on places like /v/ that a lot of people around here are basically "always on" and always playing seriously or would never play any other way. Their stress levels must be through the roof.
>>
>>121000119
is there a N64 emulator anywhere?
>>
>>121225816
No.
>>
what's the best N64 emulator around? I admit I'm new to this and I really want to play Majora's Mask again
>>
>>121226473
see
>>121178350
>>
>>121227121
so shit and more shit then
>>
I installed project 64 on my hard drive but it is not showing up anywhere, nor can I play any of my ROMs, how do I get past this?
sorry if you guys don't want to hold my hand I just want to play MM
>>
>>121229057
>sorry if you guys don't want to hold my hand
you're right, we don't
so fuck off and git gud
>>
VBA-M (recent svn) stutters for me despite my PC being overkill for GBA emulation
every few seconds it briefly drops to ~97% speed, happens with any game
rendering with Direct3D Bilinear
no magnification filters, vsync is off, frameskip makes no difference

Are there any obvious things that might be causing this?
>>
>>121230658
Use mGBA.

>>121229057
I'm lazy so that's all you get
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4rLP2M0N1A
Also don't download the emucr builds I think several people said they were broken, be careful if you use the actual installer as it has opt-in malware.
>>
>>121230658
If mGBA on its own still stutters then use RetroArch for silky smooth A/V sync. If you have Windows 8+ then you might be fucked.
>>
File: ps_vita_system.png (227KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
ps_vita_system.png
227KB, 540x310px
Which version of the Vita should I get that can be jailbreaked?

Is there a certain original firmware I should avoid?

I want to play Muramasa Rebirth for free.
>>
>>121231749
You still cannot CFW/Jailbreak a VITA, and you certainly can't play backup yet, 2.32 has an exploit that you cannot do anymore that allows you to launch some homebrew.

Piracy will likely not happen (at-least not for a while) for a variety of reason, carts being hard to dump still (need external equipment and basically almost destroying the cart) and the whole scene being filled to the brim with moralfaggot are the two main factor.
>>
>>121232198
Fuck me. Sorry. I was misinformed. I could have sworn there was a thread from /v/ the other day saying that it was possible to play pirated games on the Vita. I was wrong.
>>
>>121232359
You can hack PSP mode though, but I doubt that's of any use to you since you want to play VITA backup.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/playstation-vita-hacking-news-overview-faq.341851/

Also seems like I was spouting bullshit, the native hack is for anything up to 3.5.1, but it doesn't allow backup loading and still requires PSMdev to install which isn't available anymore but new ways to install it are being worked on.
http://yifan.lu/
>>
>>121232198
Moralfags ruin everything they touch and every scene they infest is shit, even the homebrew. PSP scene was the best. It had a really wide range of homebrew from a lot of different people and Dark_Alex had the right idea by enabling everything and saying it was up to the users to pirate or not.
>>
>>121150939
North Korea is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uq5apccL8w#t=146

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZoDxHyWeNs#t=234
>>
>>121063578
Themaister is from Sweden is he not? Then he should be careful or he may lose his balls.
>>
>>121221602
You're like our own Arino at this point, very cute. As long as you don't do RPGs again the uploads are a welcome sight here
>>
>>121238739
No, Norway. Please refrain from ever again mixing us up with our "blanda upp" loving neighbors.
>>
>>121241008
What is blanda upp?
>>
>>121241392
mixing it up
>>
>>121233183
This. Moralfags nearly killed the 3DS scene, but luckily it's finally starting to pick up some steam. Still, we could have had homebrew a hell of a lot sooner if it weren't for them.
>>
>>121229057
It should be somewhere in your Start Menu, anon. If not, that probably means you're on Windows 8/8.1, in which case you should install Classic Shell. After doing so, go to the start menu, open up the Project 64 folder, and there should be a shortcut to run it. Create a folder somewhere called "roms" in a place you can find it, like your desktop, unzip your roms there, then point PJ64 towards it by going to the file menu and selecting the "Choose ROM Directory" option. From there, your folder should show up on the list if you put it on your desktop. Select it, and PJ64 will detect your roms. The rest should be pretty self-explanatory.
>>
>>121241948
Mixing what up?
>>
>>121226473
>>121227121
>>121227579
For Majora Mask Ishiiruka is the best no contest. Best graphics possible on emulator.
>>
>>121246071
Genital fluids of people belonging to different races.
>>
>want to play Mercenaries
>get both "stable" and some latest releases of pcsx2
>spend hours fiddling with everything I can
>the game just refuses to go over 30% speed
I give up
>>
how do I get launchbox premium for free?
>>
File: 4chanturtle.png (76KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
4chanturtle.png
76KB, 460x460px
>>121249267
>launchbox
>>
Has anyone here played through Persona 2 Innocent Sin on PPSSPP? According to the PPSSPP compatibility list it isn't playable to the finish but people on Persona general claim it works fine.
>>
>>121252298
Try it yourself then
>>
>>121253520
Too scary, I'd actually have try something for myself once in my life. You have a guide I can follow to download, unpack and load Persons 2. Or maybe an app that automated it all? Actually if you could come over to my house, set up everything and finally proceed to play the game for me while I watch that'd be great.
>>
File: 1443201552846.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1443201552846.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>121253520
I really don't want to play most of the way through the game and waste a ton of my time if it reaches a point where you can't finish it.

>>121253774
>being this mad over a simple question
>>
File: ffs.jpg (509KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffs.jpg
509KB, 1920x1080px
Posted on /v/ & /g/ and got nothing but can someone help me set up my 360 controller with NullDC

I've got the latest directx and visual C runtime installed but I still can't get the emu to pick up the purupuru controller extension even though its in the NullDC data folder.
>>
File: Megaman 49.webm (2MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 49.webm
2MB, 500x380px
>>
>>121232198
>>121243102
What if the consoles these days are just very hard to crack? Sony and Nintendo are able to learn from their mistakes, you know.

By the way it just occured to me that whatever people hacked previous gen consoles are talentless hacks compared to hackers we have today because the security they broke back in the day is nothing compared to what consoles ship with nowadays.
>>
>>121257532
>What if the consoles these days are just very hard to crack? Sony and Nintendo are able to learn from their mistakes, you know.
Sony did, kinda.
Nintendo didn't.

>By the way it just occured to me that whatever people hacked previous gen consoles are talentless hacks compared to hackers we have today because the security they broke back in the day is nothing compared to what consoles ship with nowadays.
Today it's mostly about digging for exploits in 3rd party stuff (web browsers mostly) in hopes to gain access to lower level stuff in the process, before that you had to find something directly inside the firmware or even directly on the hardware so even if the security was shit just finding what you were supposed to do at all was hard.
>>
>PPSSPP core outdated
>DeSmuME core outdated
>Mednafen cores outdated
>Mupen64Plus core outdated

Why even bother using RetroArch for anything post 16-bit?

You can't even bring them up to mainline easily since they are forks missing several features in order to stay true to SPs vision of a perfect world full of "clean" C code.
>>
File: 1428939891117.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1428939891117.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>121260757
>Is a faggot
>Is illiterate
>Is new

Why even bother shitposting?

You can't even understand that they have like 3-4 people actively working and thus can't keep 80+ repositories up to date while developing the main program at the in order to please entitled end users' vision of a perfect world full of emulators.
>>
>>121261215
d/at the /
>>
>>121260757
>You can't even bring them up to mainline easily since they are forks missing several features in order to stay true to SPs vision of a perfect world full of "clean" C code.

Mupen64plus libretro is lightyears ahead of mainline, fag.

> >Mednafen cores outdated

All the useful features up-to-date, a few with PSX maybe not but who cares anyway.

> >DeSmuME core outdated

Go update it yourself. People don't work for you.

> PPSSPP core outdated

Stop using Windows and this problem solves itself. Windows is shittard tier.
>>
>>121260757
libretro's mupen and mednafen cores have no true upstream. when a new version is out or there's a new feature, sp takes a look and copy & paste the relevant code into the cores.
>>
>>121260757

> >Mupen64Plus core outdated

LOL, Angrylion just got updated in mupen64 libretro and it's even faster now.

Mupen64plus mainline doesn't even have an Angrylion port because "muh license". You can't be any more wrong really.
>>
>>121261215
>You can't even understand that they have like 3-4 people actively working and thus can't keep 80+ repositories up to date

You could, for example, not have 80+ repositories in the first place.

>>121261508
>Stop using Windows and this problem solves itself

Last merge was 11 Aug, what does Windows have to to with this?

>>121261215
>>Is illiterate

You seem to be getting desperate if that's all you come up with
>>
Has anybody here synced their Wii Remote to their computer before? I just did some reading on it and apparently you don't even need a sensor bar for it to function. How well does it work without the sensor bar in wii games (on Dolphin) where you have to use your Wii Remote as a pointer?
>>
>>121264441
>apparently you don't even need a sensor bar for it to function.
Ofcourse you don't. It's just infrared lights

> where you have to use your Wii Remote as a pointer?
Obviously you'll need infrared lights. Light 2 candles or get a third party bar

You can connect it to your PC via bluetooth. There was a program called bluesoleil that i used for this but I haven't touched it in over 3 years
>>
>>121261862
> Angrylion

Why can't I see the scanlines when using angrylion?
>>
>>121264870
Because it renders at 640x480 at all times.

As opposed to something like Beetle PSX that renders at (N)x240 when progressive (N)x480 when interlaced, where N = horizontal width being output by the game at the moment.
>>
>>121265257
But 640x480 doesn't anywhere near this pixelated and bad on a PS2 or dreamcast connected through composite or any other cable
>>
>>121260757
They're still more updated than the stable builds almost everyone uses. What does it matter anyway unless something important changed?
>>
>>121264421
>You could, for example, not have 80+ repositories in the first place.

Then people would be complaining about no cores. It's a necessary evil because the upstream devs won't make libretro versions for them so matters must be taken into their own hands.
>>
>>121265359
Because N64 interpolates all resolutions to 640x240p or 640x480i. Angrylion just outputs 640x480 without any dynamic geometry changes.
>>
>>121265378
>They're still more updated than the stable builds almost everyone uses

Almost everyone is an idiot, especially in the emulation scene

>What does it matter anyway unless something important changed?

Even if a commit just affects a single game it's still worth having it as it could unknowingly fix some other game too. It's always best to stay with the most current codebase when it's about emulation.

>>121265591
>Then people would be complaining about no cores

I have a hard time believing somebody asked for 10+ SNES cores.

>matters must be taken into their own hands

There's already way too much workload on the libretro team to handle and everything is so convoluted that it scares new contributors away.

One possible solution would be a feature freeze during which all repositories are being cleaned up, the unnecessary ones being removed, which is then followed by working their way through the issue trackers.

But hey, who am I to talk. I'm just a random piece of enduser scum ;)
>>
>>121265767
Ah, cool.

I actually tried agrylion again just now and the scanlines are now visible - probably because i'm downscaling 4K - and it looks rather nice I guess

http://abload.de/img/retroarch-1104-181907vaqtn.png.

The last time I tried it was months ago at 1080p
>>
>>121266191
I agree that there's definitely some cores that serve no purpose, but SP had a point when it came to keeping around some of the shittier SNES and NES cores that no one used, like QuickNES and CatSFC. People were thinking it made no sense to have shitty cores like those if just about everything could run either FCEUmm or Snes9x-Next, and then the 3DS came around and necessitated the fastest possible cores because of how dogshit slow it is compared to even the GameCube or Raspberry Pi.

Now, the N3DS fares better than the original, so now that one has good, usable SNES emulation, but they just dug out the shittiest possible, most neglected SNES core (PocketSNES), and it turns out it actually has a chance of being playable on even the original 3DS with further optimizations, and they even found it actually emulates SA-1 much faster than CatSFC so those games are actually playable on N3DS. So here it paid off not to "clean up" the repo.
>>
>>121264441
Dude buy a Dolphin bar and thank me later.

It's like $15 and it acts as a sensor bar and bluetooth. The bluetooth is specifically designed to work with all wiimotes and particularly with Dolphin.

I bought one and it works great.
>>
File: RetroArch-1104-111654.png (9KB, 882x882px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1104-111654.png
9KB, 882x882px
I was fucking around with basic input for way to long today and didn't accomplish anything, so here's a quick test of large puzzles.

The red numbers mean add twenty, because I didn't want to make new sprites.
>>
>>121266974
What is this? Did you make a Picross game for libretro?
>>
File: vDfRlur.jpg (145KB, 900x525px) Image search: [Google]
vDfRlur.jpg
145KB, 900x525px
>>121266662
i think you're missing the point.
"cleaning up" the repo doesn't mean throwing stuff out; that's stupidity.
What is really going on is that casuals and others who want to game with RA are confronted with "libtretro" (which all of us nerds think is fantastic) but the defacto introduction is unnecessarily overwhelming and unneeded for almost everyone. Most (even intelligent people) are unwilling to read through pages of docs and dig through repositories to play some fucking games.

seriously, why the fuck doesn't retroarch have a proper installer and configurator for winfags?
Can't someone on the team be arsed to create something that will install the latest version from the repo, allow the user to select some cores and then give them a "basic" configuration that is likely to work with most computers?
>>
>>121261508
4do broken, virtualjaguar broken.
Realy, if you can't keep up, stop forking.

libretro recipe:
- fork
- claim superiority over standalones
- get proved wrong
- let the cores rot
- repeat
>>
>>121270224
Let's not forget about mednafen-snes and mednafen-gba who where crashing instantly from the moment they were introduced or how prboom still doesnt work with most games
>>
>>121270802
>Let's not forget about mednafen-snes and mednafen-gba
No, we should, they're worthless.
>>
>>121269612
Entitled end user scum, what do you want next?

Not having a command line window open all the time?
Printing an error message rather than crashing?
Raw input support for a lagless experience?

Fuck off, RA doesn't play by the rules
>>
>>121271230
FINE.
I'LL DO IT MYSELF THEN.
>>
>>121271230
>Raw input support for a lagless experience?

That claim is proven to be bunk. There's no lag difference between DirectInput and Raw Input.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=145174.0

Raw Input is only for keyboards and mice anyway, DirectInput and Xinput is needed for joysticks
>>
>>121271230
>Not having a command line window open all the time?
--detatch
>>
>>121270224

They work on non-broken operating systems.

i.e. not Windows.

Also, one anonfag shitstirring against one project does not make something a fact.
>>
>>121270224
>4do broken, virtualjaguar broken.

Do you see Virtual Jaguar going anywhere?

That emulator in standalone is close to useless anyway.

Same for 4DO, you aren't missing much and they are shit systems anyway.
>>
>>121272008
hi SP
it was fine a few months ago and windows hasn't really changed you know... I'm still on 7.

RA and the other cores have changed so I guess you broke it. Pl fix.
>>
>>121272008
but but... it's broken on android too
>>
>>121272205

1) Not SP.

2) It's why it's an open source project, so you can contribute and share some of the workload. That is more useful than whining and being a general unappreciative bastard on some anonboard at least.

RA/libretro should be a gateway into programming, not endless procrastination in front of a monitor.
>>
>>121271809
>Raw Input is only for keyboards and mice anyway

Yeah guess what, you can't even remap half the keys in RA right now under Windows with their current configuration. Don't make any excuses, this shit is needed if they ever want to expand their userbase.

>>121271941
>--detatch

lolno
Every other program in the universe doesn't have this problem, why does retroshit need to be a special snowflake?
>>
>>121272631
>you can't even remap half the keys in RA right now under Windows with their current configuration.

You can remap keys fine.
>>
>>121272631

With RA, the rules are reversed.

Mac and Linux are first-class citizen, Windows is last-class citizen. As it should. Keep on the botnet and you deserve everything you get.
>>
>>121272743
Keyboard inputs are broken and you know it

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/935

Stop telling lies shithead.
>>
>>121272631
>Every other program in the universe doesn't have this problem, why does retroshit need to be a special snowflake?

Plenty of other programs output errors to command line, like MAME.
>>
>>121272961
A few of the numberpad keys is not "half the keyboard" you exaggerating piece of shit.
>>
>>121271230
You're funny
>>
>>121272813
He's just going to "muh market share" in response

Just ignore mad winbabbies, they shitpost hard when devs cater to OSes that aren't Windows
>>
>>121273576
Why are you using what OS something is on as an excuse for bad usability principles?
>>
>>121273749
>bad usability principles

Here comes the buzzwords
>>
>>121272412
Android is broken by design
>>
File: RetroArch-1104-123419.png (5KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1104-123419.png
5KB, 693x693px
>>121268171
late reply, but yeah
>>
>>121273925
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usability
>>
>>121274380
No one who uses it seems to care.
>>
>>121266191
>I have a hard time believing somebody asked for 10+ SNES cores.

Considering this used to be called SSNES, it's fitting.
>>
>>121275497
should be called libregression now
>>
>>121272631
lolyes

it makes the commandline window go away
>>
>>121275659
You're a regression
>>
File: laughingtheoreticalphysicist.jpg (50KB, 308x458px) Image search: [Google]
laughingtheoreticalphysicist.jpg
50KB, 308x458px
>>121275659
>>
>>121275659

Tha tired urban myth/meme again.
>>
>>121276014
Not him but there do seem to be a lot of cases where someone comes on emugen and says "I updated RA and now XyZ crashes/doesn'twork/etc." if you want this to stop, stop allowing those people to post things about RA
>>
>>121276469

I'd ilke to see you do better with your own competing project that covers so much.

Look at PJ64 : it doesn't even have Angrylion or cxd4 out of the box. It is basically useless out of the box unless you install a bunch of plugins into it and skip past the malware inside the installer.

Face it: nobody or no single entity in the emuscene has shit on RA. It covers stuff way beyond the scope of any other competing project hence everybody should honestly keep their mouth shut until they manage to better it.
>>
>>121276823
That isn't how it works. People don't refrain from saying "X movie sucks" just because they've never directed a film. You're going to have to take the criticism. Part of it is RA trying to do too much anyway.
>>
do you think squarepusher strokes himself at night thinking about all those endusers he's going to kek away from emudevs once he integrates another core into RA?
>>
File: 6McMLQt.gif (2MB, 310x174px) Image search: [Google]
6McMLQt.gif
2MB, 310x174px
https://github.com/twinaphex/project64/commits/master
>>
>>121277785
He's not going to turn it into a libretro core just yet if that's what you're thinking. This is mostly just so he can take out all the win32 shit so he can more easily bisect it and backport useful code to mupen to improve it.
>>
>>121277785
"We need more contributors since we can't keep up with everything as it is right know" he said as started a whole new project

Stay classy SP, tjcarter was right about you
>>
>>121277751
>integrates another core into RA

The only cores integrated into RA are the imageviewer core and the ffmpeg core. All other cores are 100% seperate from RA, only using the libretro API to dynamically link with it.

That's the major difference between RA and multi-system emulators like Mednafen, OpenEmu, Bizhawk, MAME, etc.
>>
>>121278482
tjcarter was a blowhard that turned out to be a snivelling little bitch.

There was like 1000 ways he could have resolved his differences more rationally besides posting some longwinded rant on a public imageboard.
>>
I'm using the SCP driver package for the dual shock 3 controller and it seems like when I press the left analog stick in and move it, it also registers as pressing the directional pad in that direction.

I've never noticed this before (probably because I mostly used it for emulation) but is this a normal thing and is there a solution?
>>
>>121279401
He had the balls to confront SP publicly and telling the truth about him. We know this triggers you and turns you mad, resident SP loverboy, but why should we care about your faggot feelings?
>>
>>121280252
>telling the truth about him.

lol. He made up several things in that rant and came off as a buttmad self righteous SJW for most of it. He was just shit talking to deflect from the fact that he left without a word and people were upset with him over it because they thought he had died only to find out he was on messdev circlejerk the whole time.
>>
omg someone had the balls to talk about someone on the internet
>>
>>121281218
>>121280252

Cool story. You should write a book about it, it is really fascinating.
>>
>>121281218
OH NOES SOMEBODY STOPPED COMING TO THEIR IRC THAT MUST MEAN THEYRE DEAD HURRHURR

They could've just fucking send him a message FFS
>>
>>121280252
>He had the balls to confront SP publicly and telling the truth about him.

Except he didn't. He left without a trace and never had the balls to publicly and directly confront him.

Also, he did not really have much to contribute anyway. For evidence of that, see the kind of useless stuff he is currently doing over at github.com/IKarith.

Problem with most modern-day contributors: they talk a big game but can't back it up and then they leave without a trace.
>>
>>121282826
He disappeared off of everything. He didn't respond to any messages.
>>
>>121282826

It's types like tjcarter that like to garner sympathy like pretending they are in a wheelchair or they have cancer, yadda yadda.

Most of the time they have neither and they are just crafty social engineers. Autistic nerds by and large are two steps removed from being borderline psychopaths and evil people. Even Huey from MGS5 confirms that basic character progression.
>>
>>121283215
>He left without a trace
>He was on messdev

Pick one

>he did not really have much to contribute anyway

He fixed MAME in an upstream-friendly way for you you fucking pricks

Oh wait, you don't even know what that means, all you fuckers do is forkforkfork

>they talk a big game but can't back it up

Oh shut your mouth, you guys are bitching about everyone on everything on your chan all the fucking time, your channel is worse than emugen sometimes

>>121283374
>Autistic nerds by and large are two steps removed from being borderline psychopaths and evil people

OHH THE FOCKING IRONY M8
>>
>>121283215
>Problem with most modern-day contributors: they talk a big game but can't back it up and then they leave without a trace.

Yes, I've seen that most of the good contributors of anything are the ones who don't announce how they're going to do this or that, they just do it and submit their code when they've done it.
>>
>>121283580
>>He was on messdev

Which someone found out weeks later. Pretty sure that isn't on freenode so people on there wouldn't realize it.
>>
>>121283580
>He fixed MAME in an upstream-friendly way for you

Except it didn't work until r-type suddenly returned with a fix.
>>
Is dev drama the only thing /emugen/ has?
>>
>>121284393
It has screenshots, filters, and webm when certain people are around.
>>
>>121283580
>your channel is worse than emugen sometimes

Which one?
>>
>>121284714
The one I'm currently lurking in

:D
>>
>>121283374
Feels like someone is self-projecting a bit too much here...
>>
>>121285972

balrog or jweinberg? or is there some other guy with a huge chip on his shoulders?
>>
Is something like this possible with emulators but not using steam?

https://youtu.be/mraRO_BNQG4
>>
http://cemu.info/donate.html

>If you donate over $50 you can choose a name to appear permanently in the upcoming 'Special thanks' window of the emulator.

What a great generation of emudevs we have, we are so lucky.

I may donate and choose "Squarepusher (Libretro)" just for the giggle.
>>
>>121287487
Yes dumbass.

It's basically a stream utility.

There's a billion of them. I'm sure one of them can handle seemless gameplay row whatever the best they can do at the moment is.
>>
>>121287753
>There's a billion of them.

Like? Any that support a controller?
>>
>>121288282
I don't know faggot. I'm not the one who cares.

Why don't you do some research you lazy fag.

If you pick a few decent ones, someone might even tell you which one is best.
>>
>>121290171
Then shut the fuck up if you have no clue. Stop trying to look smart when you don't know shit. Retarded cunt.
>>
>>121200134
>>121200428
I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's not THAT big of a deal if you have some basic technical knowledge. There are literally thousands of other programs that do the exact same shit. Don't like it? Install Debian and don't use any programs from outside of the official repos.
>>
>>121290629
>Thinking anyone here knows anything.

This place is for emu drama not emu discussions.
>>
<moochmcgee> nah m8, i'm just trying to mess with emugen
<moochmcgee> generate some chaos
<moochmcgee> it seems i'm good at that

HOLY FUCK MOOCH IS FIGHTING LIBRETRO
>>
>kekmcgee on #retroarch
here we go
>>
>>121291664
>>121291638
Meanwhile, in #wiiu-emu

<moochmcgee> wouldn't it be fun if i confronted sp and made all of emugen butthurt?
>>
>>121291638
>i'm just trying to mess with emugen

He's underage, he isn't allowed to post here
>>
File: so-gangstah-fat-kid.jpg (22KB, 553x414px) Image search: [Google]
so-gangstah-fat-kid.jpg
22KB, 553x414px
>>121292181
<Twinaphex_> honestly I don’t feel like entertaining 15 year old kids
<moochmcgee> i'm almost 17
>>
>>121292017
well, sounds like he succeeded.
>>
>>121292428
<Twinaphex_> no I have many a bird who drop me PMs
<Twinaphex_> those people hang out in other chans
<Twinaphex_> it’s how I find out that people talk shit behind my back

sp has spies you guys
>>
>>121292956
Sometimes I think he's making RA shit on purpose because he enjoys seeing people bitch about it
>>
>>121292956
<AnarchyArcade> lol its like i walked into the 20 minute fight setup in a WWE episode
<moochmcgee> anarchyarcade: I SLEPT WITH VANESSA LAST NIGHT
<moochmcgee> *fake punching ensues*
>>
File: RetroArch-1104-230148.png (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1104-230148.png
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>
>>121292956
Wow, you had me convinced you cracked my tripcode.
>>
I did
>>
Reminder that all of this is happening because of RAs outdated cores and lack Windows support
>>
>>121294405
I DID IT BETTER
>>
>>121295414
FIRST-CLASS CITIZEN
I
R
S
T
-
C
L
A
S
S

C
I
T
I
Z
E
N
>>
>>121295423
<moochmcgee> cen64 is the best n64 emulator of all time
<mudlord> ...okay
<moochmcgee> WHY DON'T YOU FORK IT, TWINAPHEX_?!?!?!?!
<mudlord> its not really the best emu of all time for n64
<Twinaphex_> I don’t work for you
<moochmcgee> i'd love to see it running on the wii
<moochmcgee> so slow
<mudlord> now you are trolling worse than me
<moochmcgee> *faps to the slowness of the emulator*
<mudlord> why
>>
>>121295414
what is "all of this"?
>>
>>121296252
Emugen returning to its former glory
>>
>one kid trolls SP
>all the usual drama devs come out of the woodwork

DANCE MY PUPPETS, DANCE
>>
>going through all this effort
>just to play the same outdated games over and over again
>>
File: setting-up-an-emulator.webm (3MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
setting-up-an-emulator.webm
3MB, 624x352px
>>121296895
>>
>>121287587
Nothing works without money, bro. You can't defeat the capitalist system with hopes and dreams and sparkling bean juice.
>>
>>121297396
I know that feel, bra
>>
>>121295414
Yeah if he would just treat Windows like other platforms it'd be fine. He needs to realize Windows is not so bad until you get to 10 or 7-8.1 with the botnet updates. Sure before that you don't quite know what it's doing, but largely it's just harmless stuff. Not until they decided to go full botnet has Windows become demonic.
>>
Is png required for dolphins custom texture prefetch?

Also, for some reason im still getting stuttering with it on
>>
Should i run ishiiruka in dx11 or opengl?
>>
>>121302052
Ishiiruka either doesn't support Software/OpenGL at all, or running Software/OpenGL is exactly the same as running regular Dolphin, not sure which.

The whole point of Ishiiruka is the DX9 renderer with optimization for toasters, and the DX11 renderer for shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDVY6Q9pfk
>>
>>121299748
I remember it needs some specific format fuckery to be actually usable. I think. All I know is that some texture packs can require upwards of 32GB of RAM to cache because Dolphin decompresses them before loading them into memory, making the whole thing essentially unusable.
>>
>>121302275
Is it just me or is this video jerky. Really destroys the whole point of these enhancements if its not at least smooth.
>>
>>121302751
Nah, it's not just you. Looks like whoever recorded it couldn't both record AND run at fullspeed.
>>
Why does using CRT Royale give me these weird lines all over the screen? I'd been using it for a while and one day it just started doing it
>>
>>121295836
>>121292956
>>121292428
>>121291638

Post full log on pastebin pls
>>
File: RetroArch-1104-163145.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1104-163145.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>121302907
forgot img
>>
>>121298671
>>121295414

RetroArch works fine on Windows. Don't know what the fuck you guys are going on about.
>>
>>121303127

>>121271230
>>121272961
>>
>>121302275
>The whole point of Ishiiruka is the DX9 renderer with optimization for toasters
Why wouldn't you use this even if you're on a higher end machine? It just makes it all the easier to uprez and add filters and other cool shit
>>
>>121303398

I don't use a keyboard. Joypads work completely fine.
>>
>>121303779
And what do you tell people who don't have a joypad? "Fuck off, PC mustard race scum"?
>>
>>121303779
>implying you need a Joypad to play Chrono Nigger
>>
>>121303709
DX9 isn't accurate, OpenGL is the most accurate, and DX11 is a balance between them. If you're on a high end machine, might as well just use OpenGL in mainline Dolphin.

Off the top of my head, today, I tried playing Paper Mario. The paper effects didn't work at all in DX9, worked with graphical glitches in DX11, and worked as intended in OpenGL.
>>
>>121303709
Exactly. But it's an unofficial fork & DX9 is deprected anyway
>>
>>121303103
How the fuck can anyone prefer this over unfiltered HD?
>>
>>121303398
see
>>121273227

All the important keys work fine
>>
>>121304431
>All the important keys work fine

Arrow keys aren't important?
>>
>>121304537

Arrow keys work fine
>>
File: 1430274000402.jpg (7KB, 167x144px) Image search: [Google]
1430274000402.jpg
7KB, 167x144px
>>121304537
>Year of Our Lord and Savior 2015
>using the arrow keys
>>
>>121304775
You can't remap them on Windows, they'll bind to the keypad.

>>121304796
They make great hotkeys
>>
>>121304089
It looks much better when there aren't glaring errors
Also I'm using a screenshot with VI filters, the N64 basically wiped vaseline all over the screen for it's picture
>>
>>121303925
Buy a joypad? They're not expensive and you need one anyway if you're playing anything more demanding than a JRPG
>>
>>121302275
For some reason dx11 is locking mario galaxy to 30fps
>>
>>121305598
I think that might have something to do with Mario Galaxy being locked to 30FPS, chief.
>>
>>121305059
They'll bind if you go into the config and put "up", "down", "left, or "right", etc. into whatever key map. It's a bug with the key mapper in the menu, not the input driver.
>>
>>121303925
>And what do you tell people who don't have a joypad?
You sad fucks don't deserve being catered to.
>>
>>121305658
Mario galaxy is 60...
>>
>>121305658
SMG is 60fps.
>>
>>121306913
PC gamers would say the same to you, consolefriend.
>>
>>121291638
So GoochMcGee is our resident shitposter?
>>
>>121309043
No, our resident shitposter is mudlord, and it's super fitting because he actually worked on N64 emulators, our prime shitposting topic.
>>
>>121309043
Do you really think there's only one shitposter around here?
>>
>>121261862
>LOL, Angrylion just got updated in mupen64 libretro and it's even faster now.
It's still less accurate.

>>121276823
>Look at PJ64 : it doesn't even have Angrylion or cxd4 out of the box. It is basically useless out of the box unless you install a bunch of plugins into it and skip past the malware inside the installer.
Why should it include cxd4's? His angrylion fork has regressions and isn't even up to date. His RSP is slower than PJ64's. I don't see why it's necessary to include 3rd party plugins anyway.

>>121275659
>should be called libregression now
Good one!
>>
retroInvader .1alpha
This program allows users to download and install retroArch & cores, configure retroArch & cores as well as drag and drop ROMs onto a desktop icon to run them through retroArch automatically.
It has some default cores preassigned for ease of use and uses extensions to determine the appropriate core.

Files with extensions available for many cores, eg: ( .zip, .bin, .cue, ...etc ) will cause retroInvader to bring up a core selection dialog box which will allow you to select a predefined core or, optionally, a core.dll.

your orignal retroArch configuration files are backed up as .bak

I really don't know if this program is needed, but some people might like it.

https://mega.nz/#!TsZH2QZD!H2dX_mNfwPJ6AMYzNgLLXtRcJfQoOCn8pw3UwdTLJG4
>>
>>121310041
>It's still less accurate

What is it missing?

>His RSP is slower than PJ64's

Only because of the recompiler. In interpreter mode, CXD4 (already an interpreter) is faster.
>>
Who is the Donald Trump of emudevs?
>>
>>121310406
>What is it missing?
Aside from r96 and r97, it still has regressions.
>>
So, is it possible to emulate Dreamcast on PS3? What happened to NullDC for PS3?
>>
>>121311734
Possible? Probably, if you cut enough corners.

The PS3's homebrew scene is dead by now, don't expect anything new outside of maybe some more libretro cores. I'm hoping mgba will be usable soon
>>
Is there any way to calibrate the real wiimote ir for dolophin?Im using dolphinbar and its really jittery
>>
So there are idiots arguing about the framerates of NES and SNES games, claiming they ran at 60 FPS or that they run at 30 FPS and it's just people being tricked by emulators saying it's 60 FPS.

How would one go about finding actual documentation or data on what the frame rate of these games are so they will shut the fuck up?
>>
>>121309043
That one guy with the V in his name admitted to "funposting" on RAIRC
>>
>>121313346
Generally most games actually don't run at a stable, consistent, demonstrable framerate. Some PS1 games for example shifted frame rates depending on where you were in the game. Like it might run at 30 with dips down to 25 on the world map in a JRPG but run at around 60 in dungeons (which were just a still picture with your polygonal characters overlaid on it, so hardly any processing power was needed.

And remember when you played NES games and got too many sprites on the screen and everything started flickering and shit and the game physics slowed down? Those were essentially the NES equivalent of "frame drops." And it happens an awful lot.
>>
whats your favorite video settings for epsxe on android?

should i use the opengl plugin or hardware?

im kinda confused by this cluserfuck of settings on the opengl plugin tho...
>>
>>121313346
>they run at 30 FPS and it's just people being tricked by emulators saying it's 60 FPS.
What kind of moron would come up with that.
>>
File: dolphin FPS vs VPS.jpg (231KB, 1287x931px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin FPS vs VPS.jpg
231KB, 1287x931px
>>121314839
Probably a Dolphin user because Dolphin reveals that he's right since it shows both
>>
>>121315202
He's right for some games, just not SMB. Some games emulators say run at 60 actually run at 30 or lower. Like a random N64 emulator may say you're getting 60 fps on OoT, but we know it's really running at 20.
>>
>>121315124
why the fuck are you still using 4.0.2?
>>
>>121315539
Except he's specifically arguing that NES and SNES games don't run at 60FPS and saying that people only think that because of emulators. It's what he's saying in those posts.
>>
File: movie.webm (2MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
movie.webm
2MB, 298x224px
>>121315202
>Virtual FPS
Yep, kinda what I figured.
>>121315539
>Like a random N64 emulator may say you're getting 60 fps on OoT,
No, it'd say 60VI/s - or Video Interrupts a second.
>>
>>121315690
Depends on the game. I'm not sure what NES or SNES games run at beyond a few basic ones like SMB.
>>
>>121315965
But you're saying there are 60FPS games on the NES including SMB?

Just for the record, to shut this shit up, do you have anything to back that up or could you give me the information I would need to prove it?
>>
File: booty harvest.jpg (98KB, 1023x764px) Image search: [Google]
booty harvest.jpg
98KB, 1023x764px
>>121315754
>No, it'd say 60VI/s - or Video Interrupts a second.
Says 60 fps to me.
>>
File: movie.webm (1MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
movie.webm
1MB, 298x224px
>>121315965
I'm sure very few, if any, were actually 'locked' at 30fps. A bunch of special chip games ran like horse shit or course, though.
>>121316186
>do you have anything to back that up
Play a game. If you can't get over the low framerate animations, just look at the screen scrolling. BTW both the transparency effects here and in Contra are achieved because the games run at 60fps.
>>
>>121316526
>Play a game. If you can't get over the low framerate animations, just look at the screen scrolling
That's already been brought up, but that's when you get these posts

>>121314112
>>121313327
>>
>>121316186
In lieu of just "trusting" emulator frame counts (and some emulators are kind of sketchy in the FPS numbers they output), to have actual hard proof that is not subjective would be kind of hard. You'd need to take 1 second of video of the game, then display every frame out in a line and show that each frame was different.
>>
File: movie.webm (721KB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
movie.webm
721KB, 298x224px
>>121316254
FPS display on some plugin? Because Mupen, 1964 and PJ64 display VI/s in the status bar.

>>121316783
Well then he's either a complete idiot not worth wasting your time with, or a troll.
>>
>>121317501
Yeah it's in the plugin
>>
>>121313346
NES and SNES displayed at 60.0985Hz
>>
File: Megaman 50.webm (3MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 50.webm
3MB, 500x380px
Captcha: 911
>>
how do i compile mupen64plus-libretro with msvc? i get 2 many errors.
>>
>>121310207
Nice virii.
>>
>>121327243
the bat -> exe packer did that. fucking pos
here's the source:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/413403/retroInvader.zip

and the virustotal report for it:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/94129fd32a2a1cbf8ea527090eab77c70f6df754bb42f358fc620dfe9b145a28/analysis/1446701166/

run src.bat
>>
>>121328448
I was just joking senpai, I didn't even look at it as I have no use for such a thing.
If someone has a use for it them that's fine I guess.
>>
>>121269612
someone
>>121328802
was looking for a retroarch installer.
>>
>>121329161
You can make standard installers using windows itself however it is a bit complicated to set it up hence why all those 3rd party installer wizards exist.
>>
>>121329459
i'm writing an nsi installer now. it sux.
>>
>>121329682
Yeah.
Remember cores,info, shaders etc. have to go in appdata or something since Program Files is not suppose to be writeable anymore.
>>
>>121329973
>appdata
no.

is there a reason this shouldn't be portable?
>>
>>121330308
It would only be for anyone who wanted that installer.
>>
File: Megaman 51.webm (3MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 51.webm
3MB, 500x380px
>>
>>121336493
The Adventures of Webm-san in Frustrating Platforming Segmentland
>>
It's kinda sad that RA's channel is often just one guy talking hoping someone will hear him
>>
>>121269612
https://youtu.be/BE6Shumq2Bo
>>
is emulation fixed yet
>>
>>121294146

Dots/lines seem more noticeable now.

Also red/blue/green triad isn't strictly needed.
>>
>>121340598
Nah it's still mostly bad past gen 4
>>
<@Ryphecha> huzzah, got Saturn to output noise, glorious glorious noise
>>
>>121271230
>crashing

That's a funny way of saying "printing an error message and then exiting gracefully."
>>
>>121342596
recaptcha has started work on Saturn ? interest engaged
>>
>>121340598
you fix it.
>>
>>121344284
Why don't you have a novelty trip yet :3
>>
>>121344284
no my time is too valuable to waste on games let the jobless script kiddies do it
>>
>>121344368
no, i am much worse than a skiddie.
>>
So what's the consensus on NTSC vs PAL games? NTSC games have a lower resolution but run faster. PAL is the opposite. What's better?
>>
>>121345672

NTSC the vast majority of the time. Most PAL games are ports from NTSC and offer no significant advantage. Worst case scenario the devs didn't even bother tweaking the engine for the 50Hz framerate and the games run slower as a result.

Besides for 3D the resolution can sometimes be increased by the emulator anyway so all other things being equal there's really no reason to bother with PAL.
>>
>>121345863
>the resolution can sometimes be increased by the emulator anyway
I'm using a chipped PS2 for all my PS1/PS2 games though. That's why the original resolution matters a lot for me.
>>
>>121346026

Not really on topic then, are we?

Anyway I'd still go with NTSC. Squaresoft for instance never ported a game properly for PAL AFAIK. NTSC is definitely the way to go for their games. And they're not the only ones.
>>
>>121346256
>Not really on topic then, are we?
Well, there must be some people here who don't use higher resolutions with their emulator but yeah, sorry for that.

I found this interesting list of PS2 games that support 60 Hz http://www.benoitren.be/60hz-palps2.html
I wonder if those are better than their NTSC counterpart then?
Complementary list: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/915821-playstation-2/faqs/29981
>>
>>121346520

On a game per game basis you can find games where the PAL version is better yes. Since PAL games were often released months if not a whole year after Japan/NA there's sometimes additional content and fixed issues.

Also if you want to be able play your games in German, French or whatever PAL is obviously the way to go.

Note that I'm mainly thinking about the PSX, I'm not very knowledgeable about the PS2 but I know that there were similar issues. For instance Final Fantasy X on the PS2 is slowed down in PAL and you have black bars at the top and bottom to fill the additional lines.
>>
>>121346520
If PAL 60 is supported the version is pretty much automatically on par or better than it's NTSC counterpart, there's also a bunch of AR MAX code that can force PAL 60 on games that don't support it directly.
>>
>>121311153

Until you can prove them they dont exist.
>>
>>121311153

r96 and r97 were ported just fine LegendOfDragoon.

BTW, you never made a single edit to angrylion. Nothing done whatsoever. such talent.
>>
Hey guys,

just wondering what the best way to scratch that Castlevania itch is - the psp version any good? any iso's to look out for or avoid?
>>
File: 2015-11-05-1407-38.webm (659KB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05-1407-38.webm
659KB, 640x528px
Hi there, I was looking at trying Twilight Princess again without the shitty wii controls. After playing for for a bit I think my game is freezing every time I attack. Does this look right or is there an emulation error?
I have no Idea why it previously rendered as 1080p
>>
>>121353229
I think it's supposed to be like that.

Both those weebums are dogshit btw.
>>
>>121353865
I know, really only wanted to showcase the fucking freeze though, it feels really weird
>>
>>121354923
It's called juice, ask agdg about it.
>>
>>121353229
Play the Souls games. They're way better than the 3D Zeldas, and feel like the natural evolution of them.
>>
>>121355913
Souls games have no similarities to Zelda whatsoever they are more like 3D Castlevania without platforming elements.
>>
>>121166832
What is this game?
>>
>>121356161

>3D action
>medieval
>dungeons
>lock on enemy strafe around with shield raised
>roll to dodge

Ocarina of time was the first modern 3D action sword game. Souls games are their descendants, with even more refined combat, and more focus on combat.
>>
>>121355913
I have played souls games. They are fun but they are not zelda
>>
>>121357013

The combat is clearly derived from Ocarina of Time, which paved the way for such games.
>>
>>121357113
Do you have autism or something?
They are not the same game or even related
>>
File: Megaman 52.webm (3MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 52.webm
3MB, 500x380px
>>
File: mudlord.png (724KB, 1170x920px) Image search: [Google]
mudlord.png
724KB, 1170x920px
I was going through my ancient files, and I found a folder from 2007 called "Plugin". Inside, there was mudregkeynuker.exe and RiceVideoDocs.chm. I opened the Docs to see what exactly this was, and I was greeted with this screen.

Care to explain what exactly the .exe does, Mud?
>>
File: Megaman 53.webm (3MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman 53.webm
3MB, 500x380px
>>
>>121353229

Looks normal:

https://youtu.be/VXxmJnobHDk?t=13m4s

Seems like it's only for strong attacks though or something like that.

To think that I finished this game when it was released and I have basically 0 memories of it...
>>
>>121364865
Yeah I played through the first 3 temples on wii and thought the controls sucked but an alright game. Had no memory either
>>
>>121348954
>Until you can prove them they dont exist.
Already did lol. Only 1/3 problems I mentioned were fixed. I'm not going to beg people to fix their code! If I mention a suggestion/issue and other devs disregard it, I move on.

>>121349068
>r96 and r97 were ported just fine LegendOfDragoon.
Ok lol. If you say so.

>BTW, you never made a single edit to angrylion. Nothing done whatsoever. such talent.
Lol at you trying to encourage people to "prove themselves" so that you guys can cherry pick any decent commits! Submitting commits isn't the only way to contribute. I think bug reports are valuable, especially when they are hard to find.
>>
libretro core when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2wbQN0_CRA
https://youtu.be/CL_J0M_fA24
http://www.wired.com/2015/11/cibele-game-nina-freeman/
>>
>>121365396
>thought the controls sucked

What, TP had the best 3D Zelda controls.
>>
>>121361464
>mudregkeynuker
probably "mudlord's registry key nuker"
>>
>>121365989
wii version
>>
File: lutro.webm (1MB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
lutro.webm
1MB, 693x693px
It's actually a game now! Progress!

>this video went from 800kB lossless h264 to a 1.4MB lossy webm
Whatever happened to our promised lossless vp9 webms?
>>
>>121366405
Complain to hiroshima.

He seems to be interested in improving the site right now.
>>
>>121365396
I played through it all and can't remember anything but goat herding, the bug girl and walking on the hyrule castle roof for some reason. Oh, and the spinner. What a fucking shit game
>>
>>121313502
So this "V" dude was pretending to be GoochMcGee?
>>
>>121287587
Is the progress on the Wii U front a result of clean room reversing?
>>
File: RetroArch-1031-215346.png (445KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1031-215346.png
445KB, 1280x960px
>>121356285
Super Widget.
>>
>>121373424

Take a deep guess.
>>
>>121373424
Is there any other way senpai?
>>
>>121374684
yes?
>>
>>121369234
No. Nothing to do with emugen.
>>
>>121341464
I like them though. I reduced their size by about half now and still maintained the same level of antialiasing. This way the image looks less blurry and less brighter (it was too bright)
>>
>>121373424
Probably leaked docs and shit
>>
>>121375539
We have that totally-not-squarepusher guy here who writes long ass rants about how Wii, PS3 and N64 dev communities had some shady stuff happening behind the scenes so I thought he might know something
>>
File: RetroArch-1031-220133.png (591KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1031-220133.png
591KB, 1280x960px
>>
File: RetroArch-1105-153132.png (79KB, 672x720px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1105-153132.png
79KB, 672x720px
I fucking love arcade games, anyone else ITT play them?
>>
What the opinion on XQEMU?
>>
>>121392582
I'll get excited when I see Chihiro emulation being a thing even at 4fps with no sound.
>>
>you will never build a MAME cabinet with an authentic arcade CRT display

Why even live
>>
>>121396281
If you really wanted to do that I'm sure you'd manage, buddy. Just takes a little planning, money and handiwork. MAME cabs are dadshit though, if you actually wanted to have good times you'd be working on a sweet iidx cab instead -- now that's an experience that can't be replicated while hunched over your shitty computer desk
>>
>>121162068
I don't think this is solvable without some extreme trial and error. Maybe if you inverted the image it would be a bit more fair, but as it is now I could only fill in 50/400 with confidence.
>>
>>121396281
Never say never.
>>
>>121404393
got the latest retroarch nightly build and updated cores, downloaded the cheat databases, enable the cheats on the game I try to play (snes game) and they still don't work. what am I doing wrong here? (besides obviously cheating at old vidjia game.)
>>
File: paperclip.png (174KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
paperclip.png
174KB, 500x671px
>tfw earthbound on my n3ds
I'm in for some cozy nights
>>
File: RetroArch-1105-165834.png (7KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1105-165834.png
7KB, 693x693px
>>121402669
I actually deleted the source, but I just painstakingly solved it using my memory of it to cheat, and then inverted it for you.

Looks kind of easy now.
>>
File: 1443696243389.jpg (41KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
1443696243389.jpg
41KB, 510x383px
How do you record Webms in RetroArch?
>>
File: z1.jpg (97KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
z1.jpg
97KB, 1024x768px
> tfw N64 emulation has barely evolved since UltraHLE from 1999

http://www.emuunlim.com/UltraHLE/main.htm
>>
>>121407875
Yeah pretty much. Humans are lazy, they stop working after it looks good enough unless they have autism. We need more autistic people to get into emulation to make any progress.
>>
>>121406885
Well, with what I've done from this, I can guarantee the original was unsolvable with multiple valid solutions.
>>
File: RetroArch-1105-182640.png (2MB, 1196x896px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1105-182640.png
2MB, 1196x896px
>>
File: file.png (21KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
21KB, 693x693px
>>121406885
>>121408657
Don't know what the lower left part is supposed to be, anyway.
>>
File: Capture.png (56KB, 293x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
56KB, 293x347px
>>121409456
supposed to be this

Hey, I guess it's not picross if you can actually tell wtf it's supposed to be before it tells.
>>
>>121406885

Where can I download this?
>>
File: ALL HAIL THE SPHERE.png (199KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
ALL HAIL THE SPHERE.png
199KB, 400x359px
>>121409283
HAPPENING
>>
Is there something I need to do to get action replay codes to work in retroarch cores? (snes, genesis and so forth?)
>>
File: 1419284655022 (1).png (3MB, 4147x8000px) Image search: [Google]
1419284655022 (1).png
3MB, 4147x8000px
Hey, does it matter what PS3 I have if I want to mod it? It looks like pretty much most PS3 consoles can be downgraded and modded according to ps3portal but when I checked the emugen wiki it said anything past 2500 can't be downgraded.

http://ps3portal.net/compatibility-list/
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PS3_Modding
>>
>>121409825
I'm currently developing it, and haven't released anything for it yet. It's still very early in development.

It'll be done
Soon™
When it's finished™
>>
>>121410157
You can mod fatasses certain slims but superslims are out of the question unless you buy a $100 board and solder it on.
>>
Any tips on getting Skies of Arcadia to run on Dolphin?

It hardly ever hangs, but the slowdowns make it hard to slog through random encounters. Not exactly a fast fight when the nukes run at 15fps.

Still looking at the performance guide, but I haven't found anything that made a noticeable boost yet.
>>
>>121410157
ODDEs work on everything, but you can only CFW what it says in the wiki.
>>
>>121410157
ODEs work on any model
CFW only work on PS3s made before 2011
>>
>>121410960
Emulate the superior Dreamcast version
>>
File: Untitled.png (98KB, 1505x709px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
98KB, 1505x709px
>>121410886
>>121411014
>>121411110
Gotcha thanks, looks like Slim 120gb or 250gb are my best choices.
>>
>>121411287
I bought mine for 170€ already cracked 1 year ago
>>
>>121406637

The guy who made those cheats automated it off some web site and didn't bother to test them.

If you insert them manually they work just fine.
>>
>>121411207
superior as in runs better?
>>
>>121412362
DC version got better music due being on 2 GD discs, they had to compress everything for the NGC release
>>
>>121412805
I guess I can check it out. DeMul?

The compatibility list seems to be all screwed up, so I can't tell if it does SoA the best.
>>
>>121412805
>they had to compress everything for the NGC release
That's stupid, why didn't they just use two discs again instead?
>>
File: GEAE8P-44.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GEAE8P-44.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>121410960
Get a good pc, it ran 99% perfect on my playthrough. I hear the ishiruka does stuff to make dolphin run on slower hardware/AMD so you could try that.
>>
>>121407187
add

-r out.mkv

to your command line
>>
>>121410157
>>>/vg/hbg
>>
>>121415467
running an i5 with 8gb RAM, so I'm pretty sure I got the hardware down.
>>
File: GEAE8P-9.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GEAE8P-9.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>121416210
Did you keep dual core enabled or disabled? I know the wiki tells you to disable it due to garbled menus but I ended up fixing it with texture cache set to safe.
>>
>>121416210
>i5 with 8gb RAM
This is pretty much meaningless
>>
>>121416472
enabled

>>121416729
well I already had 1 4gb stick and an empty RAM slot...
>>
File: RetroArch-1105-192142.png (791KB, 1543x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1105-192142.png
791KB, 1543x1080px
Is it me or are the scanlines uneven? Note the solid blue background...

>>121415820
Thanks
>>
>>121406879
Just in case you're on 9.2+, gpSP runs Mother 3 damn near perfectly. The only slow downs (what little there are, and the FPS drop isn't even big or anything) happen in the overworld, not in battle, so it won't mess up your combos.
>>
>>121417195
>1080

They have to be uneven. The shader is just using some tricks to hide it.
>>
>>121361464
Lost the source code, but basically it deletes registry keys for certain plugins from memory. You can disassemble it if you want, IIRC I didn't obfuscate it.

Or so I think, I can't remember anymore since I choose to forget everything I ever did regarding emulation since I think everything I did was a waste.
>>
>>121417691
Don't feel too bad Mud, I think Rice is still the only N64 Plug-In that allows custom texture loading. Even if it isn't, it's still the most toaster friendly plug-in available.
>>
>>121417646
Is there any identical shader made to suit 1080p or do I need a higher res monitor?
>>
>>121417691
Nothing is a waste and at least you did something.
>>
>>121415820
Don't you mean:

-r out.webm

Or would one need to convert the .mkv to .webm?
>>
>>121418162
webm is just mkv with limits. Anyway it's better to record using some fast format and then reencode to vp8 webm later so you get better quality.
>>
>>121417186
If you go over the 3MB limit(you will) or want to do any sort of editing, you're going to have to transcode it anyway.
>>
New thread:

>>121421064
>>121421064
>>121421064
>>
>>121419345
?
>>
>>121421279
!
>>
>>121421279
>>121422023
I was trying to rush since the bump limits, been reached, but:

What do you mean by transcode? I'm relatively new at emulating.
>>
>>121422132
go to >>121421064
Thread posts: 764
Thread images: 114

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.