[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the better game? Explain why.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

Which is the better game?

Explain why.
>>
Guitar Hero. Rock Band is better with friends. I don't have friends
>>
Stop being a faggot and go play a real instrument.
>>
>>389820867

guitar hero. rockband's timing makes no sense
>>
>>389821000

We're discussing video games. If you want to talk about playing musical instruments please go to >>>/mu/
>>
>>389821000

can't. won't.
>>
>>389820867
HMX Guitar Hero > Rock Band > Guitar Hero 3 and onwards
GH3's engine was total dog shit
>>
>>389821010
>rockband's timing makes no sense
Why, because the timing windows are actually smaller than a fucking truck?
Git gud
>>
>>389821752

you have to hit the note after the note has passed, not during. it's bad
>>
>>389821868
No you don't. Fix your calibration
>>
tap tap revenge >
>>
>>389821934

i dont own the game, it sucks. whenever i play it on anyone else's system, it does the same thing
>>
>>389820867
rocksmith
>>
>>389822143

The Patrician's Choice
>>
>>389820867
Rock Band for the drums. Pro drums with the cymbal set is fantastic and fun as hell. I still play it frequently.
>>
>>389821000
I do both, partially because of guitar hero giving me an interest in the instrument at a young age. You sound like a normalfag ripping on kids for having fun with video games. Nice trips.
>>
>>389822103
They just don't have it properly calibrated. Additionally, if they don't have a tube tv, chances are there's going to be a small amount of input lag anyways. My advice is just to grab Phase Shift on PC, it's free and you can add all the RB and GH songs ripped from the games onto it, plus make your own charts.
>>
>>389820867
Guitar hero is better. You can tell it's written by actual musicians.
>>
>>389823492
Which guitar heroes are you talking?
Especially given shit like GH3's ridiculous overcharting and poor calibration options, this doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>389820867
Rock band because I like drums.
>>
Rock Band is the true successor to Guitar Hero 2. Guitar Hero 3 is the shitty ripoff that plunged the "genre" into darkness
>>
>>389820867
In my opinion I think Rockband is better, being a direct evolution of Guitar Hero's premise. The additional 4 instruments (you may of forgotten keyboard in Rockband 3) are a ton of fun to play, and allow for the game to have a wider variety of music. That's not to say I don't love having all kinds of metal in the games, because I do, but it's nice having a variety to suit different instruments. The other factor too is the setlists. Exporting all the mainline games into RB4, combined with DLC tracks (though sadly not RBN tracks) makes for an absolutely massive setlist, so you never get too bored with the songs on hand.
>>
Well those two games were both made by Harmonix, but I assume you're talking about the series as a whole? Rock Band I would say. Shit tons of DLC for fairly cheap and as of Rock Band 3 pro instruments including a keyboard really gave it a lot of variety. I think I've spent over $1000 total on DLC for 3 alone.

The Guitar Hero games aren't bad but they have a much more lenient timing window, plus Vocals are a pain in the arse for whatever reason compared to Rock Band. It also got dropped pretty quickly with all of the DLC flat out removed now. Guitar Hero Live was also a massive travesty that didn't even let you keep the DLC you played and functioned like fucking Spotify (lead designer flat out admitted how much of a cunt he was when he justified this) and they fucked the guitar up into this confusing mess.

Rock Band 4 however is an absolute travesty. It launched as not even half a game with fucking PRACTICE MODE missing as well as online (they said HURR NO ONE WANTED IT or some shit because they had no money) for a premium price point. They then had the gall to charge an additional fee for online ($45 Australian for fuck sake) with the excuse that they added another career mode and other shit no one wants, DELAYED the online when the expansion came out then at the last second went "oh by the way there's no matchmaking". Then all of the Justin Bieber DLC and shit started happening with the newfaggots telling the people who bought and supported the game WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT SONGS YOU WANT YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE and THE POP SONGS ARE CHEAPER (even though that makes no fucking sense) THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY. The game is also becoming progressively more broken with notes going missing if you so much as pause the game, lag and crashing a frequent issue and other assorted glitches and it's clear they don't give a shit about anything other than money. I'll never forgive for being this deliberately misleading. Oh yeah and the fake user reviews when it came out.
>>
>>389821000
Always that one fag
>>
>>389825271
Sadly RB4 is a complete shitshow, yeah. Shame too, I really like parts of the setlist. Anything with Rush and Judas Priest in it is golden to me. This is why I recommend Phase Shift to anyone still playing these games, it has none of these issues afaik. Hell it even has tracks with separate stems that come with the game.
>>
>>389823678
GH2 > GH > WoR > GH3
>>
>>389825271
You forgot about PDP making god awful peripherals, and then awful customer support. I never thought I would long for the days of MadCatz.
>>
>>389825721
GH1 and GH2 were made by the same devs as RB and use what is essentially the same engine with the same timing windows.
>>
>>389821000
As someone who does both, people who say "dude I play REAL guitar" and think they're directly comparable are always terrible at playing guitar.
>>
>>389825271
I lost interest with 3 due to no real World Tour mode. It might have been kinda repetitive but there was just something so satisfying about it.
>>
>>389820867
Clone Hero
>>
>>389820867
I have only played a few entries from both. But Rock band 3 was the best IMO. Had a bunch of mates who I used to get drunk and play it with. 3 had the most songs available (I don't really care that a lot were DLC cause I got my moneys worth). 3 also had the most supported players at 7 local (4 instruments, 3 mics). I had guitar hero gear from a "band hero" box set I got dirt cheap (drums, guitar and mic) I also ended up getting a pro drum kit expansion, 2 wireless mics for cheap and a keyboard controller. So we had all the gear, heaps of songs, etc. Too bad Harmonix fucked up RB4. Only thing guitar hero did better than RB3 was they allowed multiple people to play the same kind of instrument, whereas RB3 made it so it was one instrument type per person.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.