[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw people complain that Chloe acts like an angsty teenager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 23

File: chloeprice.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chloeprice.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>mfw people complain that Chloe acts like an angsty teenager when she's 16 and has every reason to act like one
>mfw people unironically defend David and think there's nothing wrong with him
>mfw some people can't enjoy this game because they perceive it as being too "tumblr"
>>
>>389456082
Probably because it's on the same page as katawa shoujo.
>>
>>389456082
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>389456082
this board is for videogames
>>
Chloe is the worst character in both games
>>
>>389456082
>why don't people like annoying angsty characters?
GEE I DUNNO XDDD
>>
>>389456551
You don't have to like her, just don't fucking complain that she acts that way when everything in her life justifies her acting that way.
Especially since she's 16.
>>
>>389456082
She's not an angsty teenager, she's a dumb cunt.
David literally did nothing wrong.
The game is tumblr to a T.
>>
>>389456082
>>/lgbt/
Fuck you and fuck that stupid """"""""""game""""""""""
>>
>>389456401
Oh then call the mods i guess, go ahead.
>>
>>389456754
>Commanding her around eventhough you hardly know her
>Being a chauvinistic pig
Yeah, she did nothing wrong.
>She's not an angsty teenager
Of course she is, and a pretty stereotypical one too which she is MEANT to be.
>>
>>389456684
I wouldn't say everything justifies it.

I ended a relationship with my only close friend in highschool and my father died (albeit of cancer). I didn't turn to a smoking school neglecting fuck.

I do enjoy the games though.
>>
>>389456979
>being chauvinistic is bad
Hi tumblr
>>
File: IMG_0303.jpg (91KB, 1048x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0303.jpg
91KB, 1048x640px
>>389456082
I... really like her now. Was a bayfag, that found Chloe grew on me during a second playthrough and saved her in that one, then BtS came out and she being able to look in her thoughts has saved Chloe as a character. She acts like the big "i am" but she is actually very sensitive, goofy and even sweet sometimes. And smart too, she showed David that, deapite being 16 and a girl, she knows how to fix a car and how an engine works, which i think is really cool, he even says "you could be really good at this Chloe, if you just wanted to try" and he is right about her. She hasn't always been an insensitive dick, and could have been someone. Maybe if Max saves her, she will be someone.
>>
>>389457084
>Hurr if you're not a complete chauvinistic douche that treats all women like they're dumb cunts you're an SJW who goes the tumblr

my favorite meme
>>
>>389457314
In other words, if you aren't a reasonable, just individual who recognizes reality?
>>
>>389456684
Just because she has an excuse for every bad thing she did, it doesn't mean it was the correct course of action. That's why she's just a shitty person and I'm glad I sacrificed her.
>>
ok, how is there a choice between saving the town or that girl? Is she going to fly and intercept a fucking ICBM, like iron giant?
I've never played it
>>
>>389456082

She spends the entire game manipulating you, teen angst gots nothing on that, she is a bitch and a bad friend. Look how she deals with what she considers betrayal, her dyke friend turned out to not be such a dyke and she lashes out at Max.

The entire world centers around her and when something goes against her world view its suddenly evil or wrong. Like Davids genuine care for her and her mom, oh no David doesn't want me smoking weed or carrying a gun around, what a ass hole, he is clearly up to no good.
>>
>>389456082
I wan't acting like her when I was kid, she's just dumb little shit.
>>
>>389457374
>it doesn't mean it was the correct course of action.
I wasn't claiming that it was?
>That's why she's just a shitty person.
So because she didn't do everything "correctly" because of her miserable life she's a shitty person?

You're not even making sense.
>>
>mfw people play a shit "game" and then try to justify it

Fuck off I don't even have a face
>>
>>389457474
She's a hipster stoner lesbian
>>
>>389457760
ok, but isn't the plot that you have to choose between her and the town? How does that work?
>>
>>389457740
Stay this upset about the choices of others i guess. People don't need to and won't justify anything to you.
>>
>>389457474

Its not even a choice, I guess the game wants to see how well Chole manipulates not Max, but the Player. Your literal subconscious tells you that Chole has been manipulating you and you spend 10 minutes walking down scenes from the previous chapters where Chole has been doing this right before the final decision.

If you still choose her after that, you have been pretty much brain washed by her.
>>
>>389456684
> don't complain about my shitty dykefu you'll hurt my feelings
How about you fuck off cunt the writing is ass
>>
>>389457918
If you choose her, a tornado comes and kills everybody. If you don't, she gets shot earlier in the story and the world is better off.
>>
>>389456082
I have been a middle school teacher (in Europe) for 6 years now, and i have never met a single teenager that act's like the characters in this game. It's an unrealistic portrayal of teenage characters with awful dialog, and a twilight tier story.
>>
>>389456082
Hella shit it is.
>>
>>389458043
>you'll hurt my feelings

no, you'll just be retarded and illogical which is annoying.
>>
>>389456684
>Her life justifies acting like a complete cunt and being an awful person in general.
>Acting like that isn't a choice and she has no other option besides being a cunt
>Asking me to be sympathetic towards a shitty person because "she suffered"
>Going out of this way to defend her

Nigga just say you're in love with this fictional character, come on.
>>
>>389456082
>Game
>>
>>389458831
>Her life justifies acting like a complete cunt and being an awful person in general.
Except she isn't that, unless you think complaining like an angsty teenager makes you a complete cunt and an awful person.
>Acting like that isn't a choice and she has no other option besides being a cunt
Of course there's a choice, but you can't fault her for acting that way considering all that she's been through.
>Asking me to be sympathetic towards a shitty person because "she suffered"
Honestly. If you can't feel any sympathy for her you're emotionally crippled.

>Nigga just say you're in love with this fictional character, come on.
No I'm not, I'm just annoyed at people for disliking the game because they see Chloe as annoying. Completely missing that she wasn't meant to be a perfect character that everyone should like, and that her behavior is perfectly understandable considering what she's been through.
>>
>>389456684
Whats the problem senpai. You said people don't have to like her so thats what people are doing. Don't tell me you're ACTUALLY white knighting for a virtual angsty teen?
>>
>>389456684
>It's okay to act like a cunt because you had a shitty childhood
Well for real people it just means that they'll have some explaining to do after they irrate most of the world
But Chloe is written in a way that doesn't invoke sympathy for her. She's a badly written caricature of "trouble teen" that's just irritating.
She's so hated because her character doesn't work, was lazy and lacked a sense of reality.
If no one buys your character (be it with a protag or an antagonist), your story fails. Period
>>
>>389456082
>>389456450
This, I understand the Chloe character, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
>>
>>389456082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A
>>
>>389460296
Based E;R
>>
>>389460296
Well that's on way to avoid a discussion, it's not like this shitty video was posted a million times or something, ha!
>>
>>389460645
well, the video is right, perhaps that's why it was posted so many times. What you are doing is flat out ignoring the point's it made and hoping you will meme them out of existence.
>>
>>389460296
>didn't actually finish a product he reviewed
>haha cunt! Cunt cunt! Haha!
>ignores the devs knowing Chloe was a know nothing brat kid
>ignored how Chloe made attempts to redeem shitty self
>praises anime VN instead

Nah, he invalidates his entire worth by not even sticking with it, isgaf if he disn't like it, if you don't finish the product as intended i won't respect any of your critisicm of it. ONE JOB, DO IT. Im not saying don't blast on LiS for its shortcomings but this guys opinion is worthless as a review and any of you aknowldging his coming to a conclusion prior and THEN finding evidence to support his bias are fuckin cucks.

1/10
>>
>>389460982
But he watched the whole thing.
>>
>>389460519
Nah, he makes conclusions first and cherry picks evidence to support his bias, a girl called anita does that in her videos too.
>>
>>389461172
Sorry he didn't finish it. If it's so simple he could have just done that. His entire review is irrelevant based on this. I can also just watch Persona 4 and Final Fantasy VII to make a review but its weak shit to do so. DO YOUR ONE JOB. GOOD PRODUCT OR BAD.
>>
>>389461201
Well, have you tried finding any counter evidence to disprove his arguments?
>>
>>389456082
>>mfw some people can't enjoy this game because they perceive it as being too "tumblr"

Because it is and no amount of sarcastic caps spamming or green texting will change that fact.
>>
>>389461307
But watching or playing doesn't even make a difference, it all leads up to the same two choices anyway. A truly interactive experience.
>>
before the storm is shit, you fucking faggots.
>>
>>389456082
Chloe is TOO stupid and edgy, and while thats not inaccurate for that age group,and without trying to sound superior I was never that stupid as a teenager.

And what David does wrong is he is far to brusque and doesnt sound caring, but does seem to legitimately care. He is a nice bloke really, but in LiS he was a red herring so they over-exaggerated his "bad guy" vibes
>>
>>389461346
>arguments

He just calls them cunts. What arguments?
>>
>>389461395
How exactly is it tumblr?
>>
>>389461437
The entire rest of his video?
>Sorry he didn't finish it. If it's so simple he could have just done that. His entire review is irrelevant based on this.
This applies to you too, you should finish the video before criticizing
>>
>>389461420
Cool, i hust watched an entire playthrough of Persona 5, safe to say i "completed" that game. Same shit would happen wether i finish it myself or not. Time to go make a conclusion first and cherrypick all my supporting evidence into a "review" i guess.
>>
>>389456684
Even if it's "justified", which is just an opinion, she's shit. She's a terribly written character and all of her dialogue just makes her worse and worse. She's like every angsty lesbian moment but strung together with nothing redeemable in between. She could be handled like a normal human being but the writers chose the easy way out and you fell for it.
>>
>>389456082
>some people can't enjoy this game because they perceive it as being too "tumblr"
Insofar as a video game with no redeeming qualities is 'too tumblr'
>>
>>389461578
>all of her dialogue just makes her worse and worse. She's like every angsty lesbian moment
I disagree
>>
>>389461531
Already did, he came to his conclusion when he dropped the game. Say bad ahit about shit thats bad in LiS by all means but do your one fucking job
>>
>>389461551
Nice argument, if it were not for the fact those are two completely different games, tard.
>>
>>389461551
That's totally fine if you're going to criticize the the story though. He's not talking about something he hasn't actually experienced though.
>>
>>389456082
The funny thing is that Chloe is literally /v/ but with shades of SJW.
>>
>>389461551
you know there are multiple playtroughs of all the Lis routes on YT right?
>>
>>389456684
Not everyone turns out like Chloe though.
>>
chloe makes sense what upsets me is the forced drama they pull out of their asses for Rachel to the point she becomes straight up unlikable and comes off as a sociopath.
>>
>>389461551
You know that Persona 5 has way more choices than LiS will ever have. Unless you are getting the same experience as playing Persona 5 yourself as you watch the playthrough, you will never truly complete the game. You are just experiencing the story. I mean does LiS have gameplay besides being a glorified walking simulator.
>>
>>389461680
Well, you have shit taste. There's a reason she's an easy target, because everyone
With a high-school level of reading comprehension can tell how poorly written she is.
>>
>>389461783
Yes, but people act like she's just being a cunt for no reason and completely ignoring her backstory.
>>
The only time Chloe wasn't obnoxious was when she was a fucking vegetable.
And even then she was meh.
>>
>>389461895
>because everyone With a high-school level of reading comprehension can tell how poorly written she is.
Do you have any proof to back this claim or is it just your subjective opinion masked as objective truth?
>>
>>389461890
Not enough in my opinion, not as complicated as an action RPG so where personas gameplay ends is where my opinion begins aparently. Guess i realy did "complete" it by watching it huh?
>>
>>389456684
this is pathetic, it's so obvious in this tryhard defense you're just projecting yourself onto the character. stop pretending like every 16 year old is an incredibly retarded, angsty, annoying person who never makes the right choices ever.
>>
>>389461767
Cool, bloodborne has those too, multiple ones. Guess i can complete that on youtube too. God this is fun is't it? Cant wait to make my bloodborne review.
>>
>>389462037
Yes you completed the story. Good job. Now you can review the story anon.
>>
>>389461307
what a retarded argument. if you're dumb enough that you can't get a grasp for whether or not you'll like something at least a good 4 hours in then you're probably dumb enough to not be able to finish it regardless.

it's clear you're just angry that his standpoint is opposite to yours and, since you have no real counter-arguments, all you can say is "LOL BUT U DIDNT FINISH IT!!!! DUHHHHH U DIDNT FINISH IT BRO XDDD".
>>
>>389461931
Her backstory gives explains why she became a cunt. Her dad died in a car crash, she blames her mom because he was going to collect her and she also eventually started dating some army dude, and her best friend moved away around then and either gave her shitty excuses or straight up ignored her texts, and would have properly never even visited her had they not run into each other on accident.

I still don't like Chloe but Max is just a fucking asshole yet hardly anyone seems to realise that.
>>
>>389461895
>You like a game that i hate, Therefore you have a shit taste
Multiple keks
>>
>>389462062
>you're just projecting yourself onto the character.
no.
>stop pretending like every 16 year old is an incredibly retarded, angsty, annoying person who never makes the right choices ever.
I'm not claiming that at all. I'm just saying that it's understandable.
>>
>/v/ now loves life is strange
>>
>>389461783
But plenty of people do.
>>
>>389462134
what's funny about how butthurt you're being is that you're still failing to understand the fundamental difference between watching someone play a game like bloodborne, which is very hands-on, and game like life is strange, which is mostly just cutscenes and dialogue scenarios stitched together with point and click esque segments.

cry more about people not liking your game, though, it's genuinely funny.
>>
>>389462358
>neo/v/ (post gamergate /v/) can't appreciate any game that's """tumblr""""
>>
>>389456684
Maybe is because i'm not american, but no. I really never saw someone go through shit like her actually act like that. I saw people became more withdrawn. Everyone became way more wary, sometimes start to lie about small things just in hope to move away people from their life. Actually i saw one guy became more obsessed with grades cause wanted to support his father and thought that having good grades could help him cause in this way he had something less to worry about. But literally just one retarded girl act like Chloe. Surprise, over 25, never get a job for more than one month and became a leech for parent and retarded but rich boyfriend.
>>
>>389461423
It's actually good, you fat faggot tryhard cunt. I bet I could kick the shit out of you, you flabby virgin
>>
File: 1499848196585.jpg (55KB, 1207x899px) Image search: [Google]
1499848196585.jpg
55KB, 1207x899px
>>389456256
Nigga, who doesn't like Katawa Shoujo?
>>
>>389462453
>appreciating games with any of the LGBTshit in it
>>
I don't care except for the rape SFM's
>>
>>389462241
>it's clear you're just angry that his standpoint is opposite to yours and, since you have no real counter-arguments, all you can say is "LOL BUT U DIDNT FINISH IT!!!! DUHHHHH U DIDNT FINISH IT BRO XDDD

False, i don't aproove of his method. Sakesian does this thing too, to come to a conclusion first and make a video that is pure confirmation bias. He can rag on LiS if he wants but he doesn't deserve to be cited, his method is sloppy. A grade 2 argument decide to just reinforce those with similar opinions to his, not to convince everyone else.
>>
File: 1503332583751.jpg (38KB, 735x551px) Image search: [Google]
1503332583751.jpg
38KB, 735x551px
>>389462358
/v/ has love LiS since it came out, and I don't mean that as a defense of the game. This place has just been shit since then.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-08-23-13-06.png (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-08-23-13-06.png
607KB, 1280x720px
>>389462392
That doesn't justify it though. You can't go around acting like a cunt because "MUH DEAD DAD" all the time and expect people to like you or put up with it.
>>
>>389462823
It's more than just her dad dying. Her best and basically only friend left town and barely talked to her or had time for her once she left, leaving her in a small town with no one else. And then having a shitty step father.
>>
>>389462453
what is there to appreciate? the lack of any real gameplay? the poor writing? the really cheesy dialogue? the irritating and unlikable characters? the clunky animations?

the music is ok i guess but i see a lot of people shit on that here too so???
>>
>>389462823
It doesn't justify anything, no, but it makes her sympathetic. The character is more complex than just black and white.
>>
>>389462732
So would you be okay if he played the first episode, hated the characters and story, played the rest and then made his review about the characters and story?
>>
File: 1504650450144.jpg (43KB, 327x406px) Image search: [Google]
1504650450144.jpg
43KB, 327x406px
>>389462670
>not appreciating pure yuri love
>>
BtS is definitely tumblr
Just pandering to the worst fans of the original
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-08-23-11-10.png (515KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-08-23-11-10.png
515KB, 1280x720px
>>389462987
Max was a factor as well but that's because max is also a cunt.

And david was actually trying, it was Chloe being a cunt to him.
>>
>>389463014
>the touching story
>the realistic dialogue
>the relatable and likeable characters
>the awesome facial animation
>the amazing soundtrack
>>
>>389462418

See >>389462732

My problem is not criticism of LiS, its his sloppy method. Pure confirmation bias, and it wouldn't be accepted from the likes of others if they did it, as they do in fact.
>>
>>389463179
is this bait or shilling

it made me laugh either way
>>
>>389463215
But theyre right
>>
>>389463215

Nope. Just the opinion of a person who has 140 IQ, enjoys literature and classical music (=patrician).
>>
>>389463215
No, it improved alot actually.
>>
>>389463179
Obviously not actually "realistic dialogue" but... are you actually talking about Nier:Automata or Life is Tumblr?
>>
>>389463097
No, he wants to be taken seriously, take it to the end. Its his "job". Remeber that meme screen cap about the guy who gave a shitty review for an "unfinished game" because he played on easy? Not on normal? Point is, DO YOUR JOB, EVEN IF YOU HATE THING. DO. YOUR. JOB. See it through to be legitamate. He just wanted "it sucks THAT bad amarite guise" points y making out it was superman 64 tier and simply couldn't finish it. Lazy and confirmation bias. So no is my answer.
>>
>>389463179
>what was touching about the story
>i wasnt commenting on the realism, i meant the dialogue in general sucked. i know how teenagers talk
>bait
>hyperbole
>>
>>389456082
>mfw people complain that Chloe acts like an angsty teenager when she's 16 and has every reason to act like one
Maybe if you weren't an angsty fuck when you were a teen, you'd know your fucking age is no excuse to be an angsty fuck. There are good kids and bad kids. There are angsty teens and not-angsty teens.
>>
>>389463215
He's right tho
>>
>>389463097
I mixed up my posts, igonre my first reply, YES that would be acceptable, but i would still call it confirmation bias if he addmitted he wanted to hate everyone
>>
>>389463478
>i know how teenagers talk
That's how teenagers talked in 2012 oregon bruh.
>>
>>389463215
This nu/v/ contrarian just got btfo
>>
>>389463179
>relatable and likable characters
Sure, if you relate to being an actual moron or very, very easily manipulated.
>>
>>389463402
Life is strange: Before the storm, Of course, if you played season 1 and 2 you will notice the improvements easily .
>>
>>389461764
Nope, i think /v/ is a lot like nathan to be honest
>>
>>389463570
i literally just acknowledged this
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
I watched DSP play it and before that I thought it was tumblr trash because everyone said it was tumblr trash.

I guess I enjoy tumblr trash then...
>>
i played this game and thought it had some actual heartfelt moments

fight me
>>
>>389463679
You've been cured, let's hope the same thing happens to the rest dead minded /v/tards here.
>>
>>389462732
>>389462823
>>389463014
>>389463179
>>389463179
>>389463215
>>389463352
>>389463370
>>389463478
"As a game, the gameplay is dry and bland but that wouldn't be too bad if the story weren't so shite. Narratively, the writing is all over the place, characters' motives don't really make sense, Chloe is a manipulative and unlikable cunt but not intentionally for story purposes. You're supposed to like her but she just comes off as really bratty, stupid and annoying.

The dialogue is pretty bad but I don't live in America so I can't comment on it's accuracy. It's pretty irritating nonetheless though, and it makes everyone sound like a dumb cunt. It sounds as if the writers were writing for a setting they weren't familiar with, so everything comes off as cheesy. Just my thoughts though, I could be wrong on all of that. That's just my thoughts on the general language being used, though. Some of the actual dialogue is pretty bad, kinda reminded me of soap operas. And I know it wanted to be Twin Peaks really badly, but fuck me it sure failed at that.

Back to gameplay, there's really not much to say about it. It just plays like a 3D point and click most of the time. Whenever you're not in a talking scenario or cutscene, you're going to pick something up or looking inquisitively at something like in the TellTale games. They're pretty much exactly the same. The talking segments can be just as inconsistent as those games as well, and it kinda reminded me of the backlash Fallout 4 got just for how shitty the dialogue wheel was in that game.

But yeah, choices don't really amount to anything. You can say they weren't meant to, but that doesn't mean it's not shittily designed. They could've tried to tie multiple things together into one big ending or just not have so many inconsequential choices in the first place, but instead they chose the lazy ultimatum route. Not even a good ultimatum, at that."
>>
>People who would probably bitch about "weebshit" love hammy and convoluted indie films pretending to be games.
>>
>>389463903
You're fucking retarded. Nice babbys first use of criticism vocabulary offering nothing of value. Kill yourself.
>>
>>389463853
>hahaha i hope we can cure opinions that are opposite to mine
though faggots that just post "DUHH LiS IS TUMBLR AND NOTHING ELSE XDDD" are just shitposting tards, this is a bit dumb, don't you think?
>>
>>389463541
What's the difference does the gameplay part make to the story and characters that can't be experienced when you watch someone else play it?
>>
>>389463903
didn't you post this in the last thread
>>389463998
lol
>>
>>389463596
I know that this is bait, but i think i will play this episode tonight.
>>
>>389463998
literally not even me retard
>>
>>389464136
Its not bait you dumb faggot, and you'll play it NOW. BUY IT NOW
>>
>>389464163
If you thought it was worth copying and pasting it shows you have the IQ of a piece of human shit
>>
>>389464012
No, i meant they should actually experience both games themselves, notice the goods and the flaws too, not build their opinion on a shitty youtube video.
>>
File: 1462353983738.jpg (20KB, 384x383px) Image search: [Google]
1462353983738.jpg
20KB, 384x383px
>>389463903
STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT LIFE IS STRANGE
>>
>>389464261
"literally not even me" translates into me not copy and pasting it either, do you have downs??
>>
>>389463903
>nothing but opinions peppered with words that try to make you sound like you know what you're saying
>>
>>389456684
>gets to act like an angsty bitch because she's "gone through some things."

Hahah I bet you were a horrible little shit growing up
>>
>>389463903
The dialogue isn't accurate at all. Fuck anyone who says it is.
>>
>>389464414
You just described every review ever
>>
>>389464352
But you did copy and paste it you fucking faggot. How else did the text get into your post?
>>
>>389464136
I'm sure you'll have fun, you can post your opinion on any future threads.
>>
>>389464562
but it's not my post lol
>>
>>389464603
Actually commit suicide bruv heh
>>
File: 1443221876742.jpg (157KB, 632x758px) Image search: [Google]
1443221876742.jpg
157KB, 632x758px
>>389464649
>>
>>389464283
>Actually experience
This isn't even on the level of Telltale Sam and Max/Wolves Among Us.
You can watch ANY playthrough and get the same experience.
>>
File: 1497215953841.jpg (161KB, 597x615px) Image search: [Google]
1497215953841.jpg
161KB, 597x615px
>>389456684
None of her shit fits are justified by anything or anyone but herself though.
>>
>>389464701
yeah unlike most of the telltale shit, LiS is just a string of insignificant things for the most part other than the major story beats. if you watch it on youtube you get the exact same experience.
>>
File: 1413910259083.jpg (36KB, 308x396px) Image search: [Google]
1413910259083.jpg
36KB, 308x396px
>>389463903
>Tumblrfags can't refute.
Truly BTFO.
>>
>>389464701
>>389464907

>t. people that haven't played either telltale or life is strange games

Also Wolf among us is actually a shit series that is overpraised on /v/ for some reason when 75% of it is shit. It's not even their best nugame
>>
It's a shame that David is a stereotypical redneck jarhead. His intentions are very reasonable, he just can't express himself well.
>>
>>389465159
It's because it looks manly mature and dark
>>
>>389456082
>Signs fire safety petition
>burns down the forrest
>>
>>389465159
ive played walking dead season 1, 2, sam and max, wolf among us, both poker nights, and life is strange

the only telltale game i would consider "good" is walking dead season 1 but even then i think it still gets too much credit, it was pretty standard. i feel the same about life is strange, it's not terrible like a lot of people here make it about to be but i don't think it's a perfect masterpiece in storytelling, it has a lot of writing issues, and a lot of people in the thread here seem to dismiss criticism as contrarians or just those tumblr shitposter guys.
>>
>>389465159
>>389465258
t. Liberal numales
>>
>>389465159
I played every Telltale game until Walking Dead Season 2, including stuff like Puzzle Agent.
>>
>>389465159
Why is it so impossible for you faggots to accept some people don't like your game? Holy shit. Flashbacks of Undertale fanbase.
>>
File: miya.png (114KB, 265x271px) Image search: [Google]
miya.png
114KB, 265x271px
>mfw people care about this shit
>>
>>389466121
>mfw tripfag thinks people give a shit what he has to say
>>
>>389466121
remove your trip you ugly fat fucking degenerate retard, maybe then anything you say would have some worth
>>
>>389463903
Life is Strange BTFO
>>
File: chuckles.gif (5KB, 140x185px) Image search: [Google]
chuckles.gif
5KB, 140x185px
>>389456082
>game
>>
>>389466446
>>389466429
If Life is Strange is SO bad, then why don't you tell me your favorite games, you pussies? Let's see how they compare.
>>
>>389466682
You're right, Life is Strange is great, also David Cage games are masterpieces.
>>
>>389466682
the last of us is better than life is strange
>>
>>389466828
>>389466928

>deflection answers
kek, so typical
>>
>>389466682
LiS is so bad that naming better games would mean naming every other game in existence.

But if you want a single name, Neverwinter Nights is one of my favourite games. Feel free to attack it but it won't mean anything coming from somebody who loves this telltale tumblr garbage.
>>
>>389466990
What do games have to do with anything? We're talking about Life is Strange here.
>>
>>389466928
Well of course a triple A console flagship title is better than an indie game.
>>
>>389467105
>Neverwinter Nights

*inhales*

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>389466990
>name a game for comparison as requested
>DUHHH DATS DEFLECTION
are you retarded by any chance? do you have a baby brain?
>>
>>389467173
Wow, I didn't see that coming. It's time to KYS.
>>
File: Lis 9.jpg (469KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lis 9.jpg
469KB, 900x900px
I like Life is Strange.
>>
>>389467218
No I don't have a baby brain
>>
>>389467391
Too bad it's about as much of a game as Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
>>
>>389467391
I like the idea that you'll die one day and there'll be one less idiot on the planet.
>>
>>389466682
>Doom (original)
Fun gameplay, with a manageable skill ceiling, and great enemy and weapon variety.
It's lacking in the story department, but it's timeless gameplay and infinite pipeline of quality mods make up for it.
>Half-Life
Great example of a game with a well told story, that also manages to still be a fun game. Tons of subtle exposition, fleshing out the world of Half-life. All of the Doom point's apply here too, except the story one.
>Deus Ex
A masterpiece of story telling and and immersive gameplay, the elements may be kinda clunky on their own, but together they form one of the best gameplay experiences ever. Also the game is redpilled about politics, so it's sprinkled with references to real life event's which makes the dialog even more fun and interesting.
>>
>>389467484
>let me name these three /v/ approved games so I can continue to be in the hivemind and feel accepted online

Nice!
>>
>>389467484
I don't like LiS either but way to name a bunch of /v/-approved trash. Christ. I almost prefer the LiS fans because they're less of a sheep.
>>
>>389467153
>>389466682
so if we're going off just indie games, LISA is far better than LiS narratively and gameplay wise. Nuclear Throne is better. Undertale is better. Binding of Isaac is better. Shovel Knight is better, albeit easy, but Life is Strange is literally just cutscenes and picking things up so...

Anyway, Crypt of the Necrodancer is better. Rogue Legacy is better. Castle Crashers is better. FTL: Faster Than Light is 1000x better. And all because these have actual gameplay.
>>
>>389467545
>>389467586
>games better than life is strange
check
>makes the shillfags mad because they can't refute it
check

lol
>>
>>389467545
great argument, so i guess you have no point's to defend Lis after all. It's not about me copying /v/'s opinion, it's about me sharing the an opinion on something with /v/.
>>389467586
nice samefag, calling games trash despite probably never playing them.
>>
>>389466203
>it's another butthurt queer has a meltdown when someone insults his shitty tumblr game episode
back to /lgbt/
>>
>>389467545
>>389467586
>popular games are liked by many people on a video game board
woah
>>
notice how it's the same two faggots endlessly defending LiS at this point. it's really sad though because they really make any arguments, they just get angry and deflect.
>>
>>389467605
Never played lisa, it seemed a bit childish for me. I agree with most others, except for ftl, because it can't really be compared to life is strange because it doesn't have a narrative.
>>
>>389467738
*sharing an opinion, jeez i'm tired.
>>
>>389467795
If you get down to it, none of these games can really be compared, but that's what the whiny faggot demanded, so I granted it to him.
>>
>>389467768
So like LiS?
>>
File: 1409196404781.jpg (34KB, 374x447px) Image search: [Google]
1409196404781.jpg
34KB, 374x447px
The only people who hate LiS are the same incels with an irrational hatred for all girls their age because they can't get laid.
>>
>>389467926
I said games anon
>>
>>389467792
I'm not sure if there's a subreddit for this trash but they should really take this shit to reddit. If they only want people to suck their games dick, Reddit is where you go. That's why game devs love reddit.
>>
>>389467957
dat projection
>>
>>389467926
>Lis
>liked on /v/
>liked anywhere other than tumblr
You and your gay fuckbudy don't count as the entirety of /v/
>>
I want to fuck Chloe (but only with her consent).
>>
>>389467768
>Implying this is a board for people who like video games
>>
>>389467957
>o-only virgins hate this choose your own adventure garbage about lesbians saving the world!!

Really makes me think. About how this game only has a handful of fans all located in America. That's an insult, by the way.
>>
>>389467957
>All people that like S.T.A.L.K.E.R are slavs
>All CoD fans are American
>All black people are dindus stealing n' breaking shit
>All germans are nazis
>>
>>389456082
>create an unlikable character
>shocked when people don't like your unlikable character
drink bleach
>>
>>389467957
>get BTFO with real criticisms of the game and comparison to better games
>"w-w-well u just dont like it because ur angry virgins...h-hehe..."
Genuinely sad. You must be mentally ill.
>>
>>389468246
>all muslims are terrorists
>>
>>389461931
People hate her cause she's a cunt by choice.
>PITY ME I'M ANGSTY
Go fellate a bear dumb bitch.
>>
File: 1425777333507.gif (1MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1425777333507.gif
1MB, 400x286px
>>389456082
>mfw subhumans play this """"""game""""""
>>
>>389466682
>Fallout New Vegas
>Tomb Raider (original)
>Doom (original)
>Quake (original)
>Age of Empires 2
>Age of Mythology
>Elder Scrolls Oblivion
I'll be waiting for your apology in the mail.
>>
>>389468295
>get BTFO with real criticisms of the game and comparison to better games
When did this happen?
>>
>>389468362
>games I don't like
hehe tough luck buddy
>>
>>389467545
>>389467586
What should anon post than? Fucking Tetris? Since even tetris is better than Lis.
>>
>>389468446
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A
>>
>>389468446
anon, were you asleep this entire thread? If so, i recommend you keep sleeping.
>>
>>389456082
>people dont like shitty characters with bad writing
>waaah but it's SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT
>>
>>389468446
When your buttblasted ass started bleeding and shit fell out of it.
>>
>>389468516
People already explained why this is a terrible "criticism" video.
>>389468575
Have you? The people who hate LiS have been btfo multiple times this thread.
>>
>>389468495
Laughed out loud because this is basically all they've responded with when we named games. Life is Strange more like Game is Garbage, more like It's Strange How Anyone Can Enjoy This Trash. I'm done.
>>
>>389468669

All of those are just "the game's bad mmkay" with no real explanation as to why.
>nu/v/ actually thinks these are good arguments

lol
>>
>>389469013
>likes life is shart
>uses the term nu/v/
hella lmaoing rn
>>
>>389468805
>People already explained why this is a terrible "criticism" video.
>Can't criticize the story and characters if you only experienced the story and characters
Great explanation.
>>
>>389469013
>>389468805
Jesus this thread is going to repeat itself, i'm done
>We present criticism
>"We dislike said criticism so we will ignore it, bring your own criticism"
>I bring my own criticism
>"i do not like said criticism, so i will say the exact opposite of what you said and somehow that BTFO's you"
>Repeat
>>
Someone post that one webm. you know the one
>>
>>389469534
But saying something is bad and not explaining why it's bad isn't good criticism.
>but chloe is a cunt so the game is bad
This argument has already been demolished. Kill yourself.
>>
Don't care. Someone posts gifs and/or webms of all the yuri shit that I assume happens.
>>
>>389457537

You probably were. Try to think about your past self objectively. You were probably a little shit as a teenager. Probably only with short spurts of intensity, but almost definitely you at least had thoughts like the shit Chloe does or says.
>>
>>389457605
>didn't do everything "correctly"
She did nothing correctly at all. She's a giant cunt without any sense of responisbility. She would've kille herself like a total retard she is, if she didn't guilt trip the person with magic timetravel ability into babysitting her. It's honestly perplexing how she managed to survive for so long given that herself-preservation instinct is absolutely absent. Her relationship with Max is the definition of unhealthy. And what's worse she never stops blaming all her misfortunes on everyone, but herself, despite being the one bringing them on herself most of the time.
>>
>>389458185
Americans are weird.
>>
>>389469812
ignoring our explanation because you didn't like it is also not a good criticism of our criticism.
>>
>>389470018
yeah i agree, first swagfag shit, than fucking feminism, and now it's just a shitstorm i don't bother keeping up with. Glad it didn't ruin my beautiful slavic country yet., i guess we are more open to punching idiot's in the face here.
>>
>>389469812
>characters are shit
>dialogue is shit
>about as much of a game as Telltale "games"
what else do you need?
>>
>>389470025
>He has convinced himself that people actually gave any competeny explanations

the delusion
>>
>>389470225
well they must be competent enough, since you didn't even attempt to disprove any of them, you just said "n-not true" and called it a day.
>>
File: 1504261559024.png (13KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1504261559024.png
13KB, 650x650px
>>389470225
>he has convinced himself that his game is invulnerable to criticism and the big mean men in this thread have made no real arguments despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise
the hilarious delusion
>>
>>389470168
>character is shit
just an opinion without any explanation
>dialogue is shit
same thing
>criticising a story focused game for not having gameplay
epic fail!

>tfw /v/ is actually this dumb
>>
>>389470362
>epic fail!

Is this a woman? It would explain why she's defending this trash.
>>
>>389470362
>criticising a non-game for being a non-game
wooooow
>>
>>389470362
The characters are quite unrealistic and unpleasant, only people that have no social experience would believe they were anywhere close to realistic or well written.

The dialogue tries too hard to be "hip", but forget's it's not 1980.

A product only dependent on a story is called a movie, games are things which you play, not watch.
>>
>>389470443
>Doesn't understand irony
>>389470559
>The dialogue tries too hard to be "hip", but forget's it's not 1980.
Really? That's your take on the dialogue? It just tries to be a realistic representation of how a 2012 teenager talked. It wasn't meant to be cool or hip. I personally found it cringy, which is to be expected since it's teenagers talking.
>The characters are quite unrealistic and unpleasant
Unless you explain how they're unrealistic this isn't an argument
>unpleasant
So what? Are you such a babby that every character has to please you? Waah!
>>
>>389470903
>every character has to please you?

Why would people play a story driven game if they don't like the characters? Think about dumb that is.

Just like I wouldn't sit near a bunch of teenagers and listen to them talk, I wouldn't play this game.
>>
>>389470903
>make pretty much every character unlikable
>this is a good thing
>>
>>389470903
They are unrealistic, they don't act like real people, what more is there to say? If you are so delusional they seem real to you, there is really no reason to make a 20 page post explaining the way real people act compared to some shitty vidya sluts.

Characters are not supposed to be pleasing, but one needs to at least be able to relate to a character. I might not agree with Bob Page in the Deus Ex game, but i can relate to him, understand him.
>>
>>389471117
>Taking a characters flaws so seriously that you actually get angry at them in real life to the point you're unable to play the game
>>
why
>>
>>389471382
yes.
>>
>>389471264
It's more like, I don't like them so I don't want to hear them speak. Just like we'd never be friends because I think you're an idiot. Life isn't complex. You try to do things you like and try to avoid the things you don't, and avoid the people you don't like. I don't like you and so I came into this thread to tell you that. Please discuss your shitty game elsewhere.
>>
>>389471246
>They are unrealistic, they don't act like real people, what more is there to say?

Perhaps give examples of how they don't act like real people? And who are you to decide how real people act anyway. How many do people do you know personally? Maybe 50-100? There are 7 billion people in the world, and just because the characters in this game don't act like real people *TO YOU* doesn't mean that there aren't people like that in the real world.
>>
>>389471264
Well you wouldn't want to hang around a psychopath in real life, i don;t want to hang around a bitch in a virtual space.
>>
>>389471482
>*TO YOU*

hello tumblr
>>
Chloe is the best.
If she was a two-faced bitch I would hate her, but she's a totally shameless turbocunt 100% of the time.
>>
>>389471482
i recommend going outside anon, and actually talking to someone. Life isn't a melodramatic slob in which people blow everything out of proportion, you have an issue, you deal with it, and that's about that.
>>
>>389471452
You sound like you have personal problem and you try to mixed it up with the game for some reason. wew.
>>
>>389456082
I can't enjoy it because, like Telltale, none of your fucking choices EVER matter. When it comes down to it, the only real choice you have to make is a black and white decision about whether you sacrifice Chloe, or Arcadia Bay. I sacrificed that bitch so fast. It was great.

If these faggots wanna make video games into movies, then maybe they should just be making movies instead.
>>
>>389471685
I have a problem with a person, not a personal problem.

That person is you.
>>
>>389471776
but muh journey is wut matters
>>
This entire thread is just underage anons with anxiety. Just give up buds, you ain't gonna disprove their arguments since they have none, plus they operate on the logic that anything they don't like shouldn't exist, you waste your time here, go play games instead.
>>
>>389456082
>mfw people unironically defend David and think there's nothing wrong with him
He just really wanted his fist bump, that's all.
>>
>>389471664
>Everyones life is like my life I know this because of reasons and that's the truth.
You're actually helplessly stupid.
>>
I don't see how this shit is any better than David Cage garbage
>>
File: chloepricedance.gif (2MB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
chloepricedance.gif
2MB, 500x556px
>>
>>389471951
>B-but muh special snowflake
>P-people are all unique
No they are not, we all fall into simple archetypes, if we were all different, psychiatrists would literally go insane, since they would have to profile each patient separately. All people are basically the same with different seasonings, deal with it.
>>
Anyway. In my half hour spent in this thread, I've learned that the fans are as bad as the game itself. Please use a subject with the game name next time so I can filter this thread and all future threads.
>>
>>389472328
Just look for Chloe's dumb cunt face and you'll know to hide this garbage
>>
>>389472146
nice tumblr gif retard
>>
>>389472213
And you're saying the characters in BTS don't fall in to different archetypes? C'mon, they're the most cliché archetypes possible.
You don't even know what you're talking about, do you?
Everytime you post it makes me facepalm, just stop... I'm tired of arguing with literal retards.
>>
>>389471951
over my 6 years as a teacher, i switched schools twice, i started in a smaller town called Písek, moved onto České Buďejovice, and eventually made it to Prague, every school had the exact same roster of metalheads, emos, punkers, and nerds. I thought you were special anon, why are you acting the exact same as Billy and Joseph?
>>
File: 1504290755495.gif (678KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1504290755495.gif
678KB, 500x281px
>>389456082
Chloe is breddy gud in this series. It's Rachel I despise, she's every bit a sociopath.
>>
>>389456082
>meets rachel amber the day before
>both of them fall in love with each other the next day

This isn't normal.
>>
>>389472508
>Make argument about everyone being different to disprove me when i said i have social experience
>I disprove that
>Turn my argument into your argument
I never said they weren't stereotypical characters, i just said they were badly executed representations of those stereotypes.
>>
>>389471482
Damn dude.. this whole thread you've been spurgging out. You have to accept that not everyone has the same opinion as you. I thought the game had it's moments but it was just too obvious that the demographic was for kids going onto middle school or puberty, so it was hard to relate as I don't remember much from back then.
>>
File: do it for chloe.jpg (240KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
do it for chloe.jpg
240KB, 1280x914px
Do it for her.
>>
>>389472508
Literally where did he say that?
>>
>>389472776
>Because someone falls in to an archetype it means they can't act in a way the characters act in BTS which makes them unrealistic in your opinion
This is your argument and it can be disproven by just pointing to a person in real life that acts in a similar way to the characters in BTS.
>7 billion people in the world and you're claiming none of them has the possibility to act like the characters in BTS act
Again, just because you haven't met people like that in your life doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Checkmate. Now stop replying you fucking retard.
>>
>>389473276
my argument will be disproved once you show me a person that act's like that.
>>
>>389468516
This video is fucking awful stop forcing it
>>
File: Thinking emoji gif.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking emoji gif.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>389473813
>Using anecdotal evidence
>>
I ended up playing Life is Strange after a thread on /k/ went from laughing at their take on guns to turning into a playthrough with the whole thread voting on what to do.
>>
>>389456684
>expecting kids to be in touch with reality
You're on 4chan, anon. Nobody here is in touch with reality.
>>
File: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (41KB, 447x400px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg
41KB, 447x400px
>>389473868
>>
>>389473959
>Not gonna disprove my argument, just mock it
Well i win, now back to grading.
>>
>>389456082
it is a tumblr game
it is literally a sad white girl simulator and a walking simulator.
It's more of a move game than Metal Gear,Uncharted and The Last of Us combined
And its made by SJW devs
>>
>>389473970
You actually played the game instead of shitposting for no reason, that's rare, wise choice.
>>
>>389474403
>tumblr
>SJW
I'm going to help you with you next step:
Post the shitty E;R video and chuckle to yourself
>>
>>389467391
Same.
>>
>>389472628
wtf is with Rachel in this game. How was Max friends with that craziness
>>
>>389463156
How is max a cunt?
She is a protaganist if shes mean its only because of your choices and each time she is shes thinking something like "maybe i shouldnt have done that"
And besides that you can defend David aganist Chloe you would know that if you played the game
>>
>>389474312
You know perfectly well that it's trivially easy to disprove. And you know you're in the wrong. You're just too butthurt to admit it, which is fine since this is /v/ and everyone is anonymous.
I just find it sad that you're actually a teacher and still this dumb. You probably teach in elementary school or upper secondary school.

Do me a favor and talk to a psychologist if you really want to know how melodramatic and crazy people can get.
>>
>>389474735
He's right you know.
>>389474836
>How?
Shitty writing
>>
>chloe is a cunt
>mom tries to support her
>acts like a bitch
>david, while a bit of an ass also tries to support her
>acts like a bitch
>blames everyone else but herself

The world wants her dead and I can see why. At least she's lesbian lovers with Sindel now
>>
>>389474938
>it's trivially easy to disprove.
Then do it.
>>
>>389474938
I live in europe, i teach middle school, which teaches stuff americans have to go to high school for, Electromagnetics to be precise, if you can disprove it than please go ahead, i'm waiting.
>>
>>389475216
>>389475363

I can't be bothered because it's so retarded.
>7 billion people
>your claim is that not one person out of those 7 billion could act like the characters in BTS do
Again, you're a retard. If you know anything about probability you'd realize how shit your "argument" is.
>middle school teacher
Yup, not surprised.
>>
>>389475363
To be fair it's only the normal American high school classes that need to teach kids like they're retards (which to be even more fair that majoirty actually are). For example, when I took a regular chemistry course, they had to spend the first TWO MONTHS having to reteach kids how to do elementary level math. And a good chunk of them WERE FAILING. Same grade level though in a honors or AP course, the kids were both smart and treated as such - it was actually pretty comfy and fun learning about shit all the stupid ass normal kids would never learn and were most likely incapable of learning.
>>
>>389470903

Hi idiot, I'm 22. In 2012, I was 17 and in high school, in California.

No teenager spoke like that.
>>
>>389475795
>there is a large chance there is a person that act's like this irl
>somehow that's a good argument
their act isn't normal even in real life, they would be outcasts, because even in real life someone can act unrealistic, ever heard of acting? Lying?
>>389476006
To be honest with you for a moment, before we changed the entry exams, it usually boiled down to the first year having a fuckton of students with the majority being retards, and when we entered second grade, most of the people failed or left, leaving the class basically empty. I respect the american system for letting people choose what information they want to learn, without forcing it onto them.
>>
this game is shit
>>
>>389475795
>If you know anything about probability you'd realize how shit your "argument" is.
Your argument boils down to
>There are infinitely many integers, one of them must be Pi.

If his argument is really that "trivially easy" to disprove than save us all the time instead of wasting it with your weak insults.
>>
>>389467957
>LiSfags are THIS convinced that if you don't like the game, something is wrong with you
>>
But Chloe is at least 18 and David is absolutely right in everything (except bullying Kate).
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.