[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOTW is the peak of Exploration and Level Design.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 502
Thread images: 86

Verticality, Interaction, optional solutions, no loading times, cross-room puzzles/out of box thinking, no padding (braindead enemies like in other Zelda dungeons or slow puzzles).

The hate the four beasts in BotW is literally a proof for me most "hardcore gamers" actually have no clue about game design.

Those dungeons were absolutely amazing. And the main reason they are so short compared to old Zelda dungeons is because they don't insult your intellect. There are actually optional ways to beat them, you can rush and skip things, barely any mini cutscenes or loading times, no gaes every meter, no pushing cubes, no carrying things around for minutes.

They are everything people wanted and people hate them.
>>
hahahAHAHAHAHAH
>>
Gee if only there were at least 4 more
>>
That shit's not the problem, the problem is that there were only 4 and they didn't have unique themes to them. Inside, they more or less looked the same.
>>
>>388327831
My problems with BoTW doesn't come from the design aspect of the "dungeons" but the poorly made bosses in the game. The only good one, by Zelda standards of design, was the water blight ganon. That was because his boss fight actually correlated with the dungeon itself. For a series known for having cool and memorable boss fights, BoTW missed entirely on that portion. Outside of that though, the games exploration and world is where it shines.
>>
>>388327831
I think I've seen this post before
>>
Okay. They weren't fun though.
>>
the fact that BOTW is the best game of all time is literally an incontestable fact, this is known by every member of humanity

...but is BOTW the best game to ever be made in the entirety of the multiverse?

sources say yes
>>
File: botw2.png (1MB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
botw2.png
1MB, 986x1378px
>>388327831
why do we still have these threads
>>
>start game
>run to objective for 10 minutes
>clear out moblin camp (while breaking 3 or 4 weapons)
>run to objective for 5 minutes
>enter mini dungeon
>clear it in less time than it took to get there
>run to objective for 10 minutes
>pick up suspicious looking rock along the way and get a korok seed
>enter another mini dungeon
>complete it faster than the time it took you to run there
>shield surf downhill to get to objective faster
>have to climb up rock wall because your stupid ass descended too low
>waste time getting to next objective
>......
>enter first divine beast
>complete it in 15 minutes
>.......
>do a bunch of side quests mainly involving MMO-tier fetch or slaying quests
>get rewarded shit you could easily just buy in a store, making completing other side quests boring because there is no inventive to do them
>......
>enter fourth divine beast
>complete it in 15 minutes
2017 GOTY
>>
it's like when bloodborne launched all over again
most the people bitching about it havent actually played the game and just want to shitpost
>>
They're garbage designed for children.
>>
>>388327831
6/10 babbyz first open world attempt. Nice try though.
>>
>>388328508
That tends to happen with exclusives
>>
File: 1501002421653.jpg (16KB, 285x277px) Image search: [Google]
1501002421653.jpg
16KB, 285x277px
>>388328328
>tfw I'm fine with the bottom image
>tfw the lonely atmosphere was actually extremely refreshing
>>
>>388328508
played both
they were both bad
BOTW was significantly worse and paying for it just makes it hurt more
>>
>>388328073
>>388327981
>>388327910
>but only 4

So, that's four more amazing dungeons than any other open world game in this world.

Can you retards stop holding Zelda to much, much higher standards for once?
>>
File: 1418875229754.jpg (15KB, 240x238px) Image search: [Google]
1418875229754.jpg
15KB, 240x238px
>>388328142
>For a series known for having cool and memorable boss fights
>>
>>388328328
Psssst, if the picture would be fair, it had one of the four titans in the bottom picture.
>>
>>388328793
>both bad
Well hello there shit taste
>>
>>388328925
>literally the first dungeon in DQVIII
>DQ isn't even a puzzle based action game
>>
Peak performance you mean
>>
>>388329102
The "dungeons" just get worse.

And the random encounters and backtracking doesn't help.

>IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT
>WITCHER 3 IS ABOUT DECISIONS
>TALES OF IS ABOUT CRINGE-WORTHY CUTSCENES
>FINAL FANTASY IS ABOUT HAIR
>STOP CRITICIZING THE LEVEL DESIGN
>>
File: Bully 2017-07-13 09-33-51-60.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bully 2017-07-13 09-33-51-60.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>388327831
But there is nothing to find. It got close, but honestly it's not even top 10 for me as far as exploration goes.

The level design was fucking garbage too are you high?
>>
>>388328746
I liked that about it at first as well, but then you bump into towns, goofy npcs, voice acted story segments, and suddenly the lonely atmosphere is shattered. Feel like the game didnt know what it wanted to be and it all feels really awkward. The best part of the game was plateau and before you reached anytown or npc. After that it was a very sad decline for me with the game just getting worse and worse until it started feeling like a skinners box.
>>
>>388329241
>level design
>garbage
No anon are you high? Can you explain why, especially in regard to van ruta?
>>
>>388329189
compare Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past with similar games then retard
Darksiders would have been even better bait
>>
>>388329275
But the game is lonely most of the time, the towns are like breathing spaces where you finally meet people, and it is a relief. If it's lonely all the time I don't think it will work as well, it's more like the contrast that emphasizes the loneliness
>>
>>388329241
>The level design was fucking garbage too are you high?
Damn, you must be stupid.

And then posting a game that has literally 1/10 trash gameplay and level design with the only fun part being shit flash game level mini games and "so random" humor.
>>
>>388327831
It's literally just a giant hub world.
>>
>>388329275
Nah I liked the towns too. They gave a breath of fresh air, showing that even in the darkest of times people had survived and were still trying their hardest to live honest lives.
Even then, you can tell how some are trapped. Deku village is basically surrounded by the darkest shit outside of Hyrule castle itself because they want to get to the master sword, but the barrier and great deku tree stop them.
>>
>>388329324
I have no idea what your point is.

BotW is an open world action adventure with RPG elements and it has much better level design and dungeons than all other open world action adventures or RPGs.

Period.

No idea why you bring up Ocarina of Time.
>>
> Empty open worlds are the peak of exploration and level design.

Yeah, must have took them ages to design that open field with nothing in it.
>>
>>388329484
>BotW is an open world action adventure
And you're directly comparing it to JRPGs. Dumbass.
>>
File: generic worlds.jpg (3MB, 2174x2537px) Image search: [Google]
generic worlds.jpg
3MB, 2174x2537px
>there is more in one single picture of BotW than the entirety of all other open world games this generation
>>
>>388329545
Hmm anon did you loose your way? Why are you saying that with the OP picture?
>>
>>388329620
It's because monolith soft are unironically the best world builders in the entire industry and they're assisting with all open world projects from Nintendo.
>>
File: 1499216302145.webm (2MB, 672x508px) Image search: [Google]
1499216302145.webm
2MB, 672x508px
>>388329619
>hehe, I let the character level up and get more health after defeating an enemy instead of having to beat dungeons and level up manually by using items
>now I can call my game a JRPG and no one can criticize my level design

Kill yourself, please.

And Horizon, Far Cry, Witcher 3 or whatever aren't JRPGs.
>>
>>388329484
>I dont know what your point is in your request of comparing similar games rather than a fucking turn based jrpg that barely uses dungeon puzzles

autism
>>
>>388329297
>>388329401
The 'temples' were easy as fuck. Kind of neat but praising that four times rehashed design is inane. And the rest of the world was bland as can be. Especially the towns and Zelda used to excel in town design.

>And then posting a game that has literally 1/10 trash gameplay and level design
Wow salt.
>>
>>388329620
There's probably twice the amount of points of interests in XCX in that image. That game is fucking packed. Damn I love it.
>>
>>388329850
No, I had no idea why you bring up Ocarina of Time and especially A Link to the Past.

Intellectually, you're basically an animal and you manage to exhibit just that withe very single line. Stop replying to me.
>>
>>388329831
>Dragon Quest isn't a JRPG
lol
>>
>>388329914
Every titan had its own gimmick and atmosphere.

Call it what you want, it's still much better than what other open world games call "dungeons" (generic corridor with a puzzle that would be possible with pen and paper and doesn't even need the medium video game).
>>
>>388329947
strawman who didn't read the post
>>
>>388329620
>>388329763
The other games have more interesting things to do, map design is irrelevant to content.
>>
>>388329384
I went in expecting 3d zelda 1 and plateau met that expectation with a few other spots after. I was tricked for a little while like I said, but seeing the whole picture really ruins it.

Most of the villages seemed to only have miner inconveniences besides the zoras who had a world threatening problem with the elephant. So they just seemed really disconnected from the world they were trying to build to me.
>>
>>388329831
Vah Naboris is so good.
That said. Is there a speedrun involving the conquering of all divine beasts yet?
>>
>>388330139
>more interesting things
Like watch another cutscene
>>
>>388330028
>Every titan had its own gimmick and atmosphere.
No not really, you controlled them with the UI. That was it. And they were all brain dead easy and short.

I don't really care what you think about other open world games, BOTW did a very poor job of level design and the exploration, since there was literally nothing to find, was garbage.
>>
File: 1499511274598.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499511274598.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>388330139
The elephant dungeon in BotW alone is more interesting than absolutely everything you can do in Horizon.
>>
>>388327831
Agreed
>>
People don't hate the dungeons because they were clever. There were only four of them they didn't last too long when you began them. They all used the same premise of unlocking the panels to face the boss. I like the game, but I don't think I'll ever play it again.
>>
>>388330239
>that was it
But that's wrong. Even naboris and the bird one use different gimmicks (electricity and wind)
>>
>>388329630
If your game is 99% empty boring fields and 1% actual interesting content, it's not a well designed game.
>>
>>388330139
>map design is irrelevant to an open world game
How about no.
If your open world game can't properly world build then it should have been linear. The entire point to open world design is that it lets you expand your creativeness and give players a much larger setting to explore. BOTW does this. XCX does this. Games like GTA and RDR do this.
Witcher 3, Far Cry, FFXV and Horizon fail at this because they rely heavily on procedural generation for parts of their map creation.
When BOTW can make a fucking desert area fun to explore, you know other game developers are being lazy as shit.
>>
>>388329620
>Procedurally generated
Anyway, that pic is vastly under appreciating the level design and world design of XCX. Despite the soundtrack and questionable story, XCX was one of the best open world's last gen.
>>
The flaw of BotW's dungeons is that they essentially don't have enemies whatsoever.
Only Hyrule Castle does.
>>
File: sense of scale.png (3MB, 1680x948px) Image search: [Google]
sense of scale.png
3MB, 1680x948px
>>388330239
>I don't really care what you think about other open world games, BOTW did a very poor job of level design and the exploration, since there was literally nothing to find, was garbage.

I don't care what you think either but that's just objectively wrong in every way.

And calling the dungeons easy is not an argument. You'd have to elaborate your pronouncement which you can't. They are not easier than most other Zelda dungeons.

And the reason they are so short is mostly that nothing slows you down for the first time in a Zelda game. The entire dungeon is streamed, no loading times between rooms, no annoying enemies that are actually insultingly easy and just a waste of time, you can sprint, you can climb, you can (and this is the best part that's absolutely underrated) solve puzzles and the entire dungeon your very own way.
>>
File: generic game - floating grass.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
generic game - floating grass.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>388330483
Yes, Witcher 3 and Horizon, Far Cry etc. are procedurally generated to a huge extent. Do you not know what it is? Why quote it then?
>>
>>388330329
If no one had a problem with the keys why would they have a problem with the panels?

>>388330414
Good thing it's not then
>>
>>388328431
> (while breaking 3 or 4 weapons)
bad bad bad bad bad
>>
Retarded autists are still triggered because of BotW?

Kek.
>>
>>388330376
>(electricity and wind)
Grasping at straws now. I get it, you have a double digit IQ.

>>388330530
>They are not easier than most other Zelda dungeons.
(You).
>>
File: pe pe.png (137KB, 904x864px) Image search: [Google]
pe pe.png
137KB, 904x864px
>>388327831
The best games are often tightly designed and concise. If you complain about a games length, that just tells me you're a modernized RPG baby who likes to just turn his brain off and go into a docile plant-like state.
>>
>>388330747
If blind playthroughs on Youtube are anything to go by, more people were stuck in that camel dungeon in BotW than in any dungeon in Skyward Sword, Wind Waker or even Twilight Princess.

Slow = hard for some people.
>>
>>388327831
Literally nobody complained about the dungeons beyond 'I wish they were longer and there were more.'
>>
>>388330747
>grasping at straws
But those are central mechanics of a dungeon besides the manipulation? How is this grasping? do you have an argument or not?
>>
>>388330465
But this is conjecture. Some of those worlds are far bigger so it's more spread out, and most of the events are clustered in specific locations and not just in some random direction spread out. I'm not even saying the other games are better I'm just saying that image is biased and fucking retarded.

TW3 is objectively more dense and better designed though.
>procedural generation
Now you're just shitposting.

>When BOTW can make a fucking desert area fun to explore
But they didn't, that desert was horrible. Worse than Horizon.
>>
>>388329241

I dislike your opinion on BotW but every time someone posts Bully I have to play it, so thanks.
>>
>>388330747
BOTW actually required the player to do something rather than use X on obvious Y and watch the puzzle solve itself
>>
>>388330956
>2017
>idiots are still misusing the word 'objectively'
>>
>>388330873
They're central mechanics of the game, they have nothing to do with level design.

>>388330837
>he watches literal retards play video games
Good for you I guess but wait why did you omit some Zelda games? Oh right you're shitposting.
>>
>>388327831
agreed. divine beasts can only be appreciated by a patrician though
>>
>>388330956
>desert was horrible
What that was the best part. Horizon's desert was great too. What do you have against deserts

Also that image was in response to another biased image so it fits
>>
>>388331060
>central mechanics of the game
>nothing to do with level design when the level specially uses it
Are you fucking retarded
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (408KB, 1267x921px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
408KB, 1267x921px
>>388330663
>being so desperate to enable all kinds of clutter just to make the map not look empty

Fixed it for you
>>
>>388331060
I literally named every 3D Zelda except MM because I barely played it and Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time is the prime example of a game in respect of which people love to confuse hard with slow. Its dungeons are by far the slowest and clunkiest pieces of shit.
>>
>>388329914
autistic faggot SEETHING
>>
File: botwrefute.jpg (3MB, 1000x5118px) Image search: [Google]
botwrefute.jpg
3MB, 1000x5118px
>>388328328
sonyggs gonna sonygg.
>>
>>388331060

>central mechanics of the game
>they have nothing to do with level design

That is the weirdest shit I read all day

>>388331183
Why did you omit the memories
Why did you exclude minigames
Why did you exclude some landmarks like the labs and towers
Why did you remove guardians or minibosses
Why are you so desperate
>>
>>388331171
I must appear to be in the eyes of someone with a double digit IQ.

>>388331215
Yep you're a shitposting newfag.
>>
>>388331060
>divine beasts don't have level design

HAHAHHA you aren't even making any sense now you butthurt faggot.
>>
>>388331183
You remove some of the weirdest shit, like you're not even consistent with yourself. Some minibosses are there but why did you remove the rest
>>
>>388331396
>I must appear to be in the eyes of someone with a double digit IQ.
Literally not an argument. Explain why a mechanic when used in a level is not level design
>>
>>388327831
>botw
>level design
the world in breath of the wild looks like it was made in the fucking Sims building mode.
>>
Are the ponies of sony ever going to stop being butthurt about how BOTW BTFOs literally every 1st party Sony game of the last 15 years+?
>>
>>388331552
That's a new shitpost I see. And like all shitposts it makes no sense
>>
I'll take traditional dungeon design over the short, gimmicky "dungeons" of BOTW any day

Next game should make the Ubisoft Towers dungeons that force you to complete them in order to gain the region map
>>
File: wew.jpg (2MB, 2637x2893px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
2MB, 2637x2893px
The game is pretty much Nintendos Just Cause 2 and MGSV.

Solid engine with absolutely shit tier content. I don't care how much CUHRAAAAZY things I can do that's "SO FUN IF YOU TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO", I want actual content.

>Side quests
Go collect 10 crickets. Go collect 20 pieces of wood. Go collect me some super secret apple. Even the cherry picked trash that Nintendo fanboys default to like Tarry Town and Eventide Island are shit when you break them down.

Tarry Town is just an overglorified fetch quest with an actual reward (seeing the village come to fruition). Eventide Island is essentially a smaller version of the great plateau with Shrine #102 as the reward.

>Side content
Tree poop #23023
Shrine #75

It's absolute shit.

>Story
LOL

>Writing
LOL

>Characters
LOL

The game is fun the first 10~ hours because you genuinely don't know what to expect but once you realize that you're clearing out the same fucking mokoblin camp (but with White mokoblins this time!), collecting yet another korok seed, finding another "cool weapon" that's 3 hits away from breaking or another shitty fetch quest, you get bored as fuck.

Because that's all it is. A glorified tech demo with absolutely zero substance. The divine beasts are the only interesting things in the game and they're 15~ minute long overglorified shrines.

I would take more Divine Beasts or the Hyrule Castle over all 100+ shitty Shrines any fucking day of the week.

Quality >>>> Quantity
>>
>>388331742
Nice it's you again, with the same non-arguments

Why do you make yourself so obvious
>>
>>388331552
BOTW has the best level design compared to most open world. The topography was top notch.
>>
>>388327831

I disagree. If the game had "extraordinary" anything, it would be discussed regularly and not via these shitty bait threads that don't even go to 300 posts.
>>
>>388331742
You've never played the game even once.
>>
File: 1499962293007.png (236KB, 1333x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1499962293007.png
236KB, 1333x1358px
>>388331742
>>
>>388331742
based aonuma working faggots into a shoot
>>
>>388331742
I have seen the exact same opinion and formatting with the same descriptors many many times
Why do you do this anon

>>388331839
There is one normal thread up now
>>
File: this kills them.jpg (3MB, 5802x2570px) Image search: [Google]
this kills them.jpg
3MB, 5802x2570px
>>388331603

Uhm... But that's wrong sweetie
>>
>>388331742
Why did you just describe witcher 3
>>
File: 1501727706407.png (147KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1501727706407.png
147KB, 500x490px
>>388331839
>it would be discussed regularly
It's still being discussed regularly
After almost 6 months
>>388288579
>>
>>388331984
Are you ready for BOTW and Mario Odyssey to split about 99% of the goty awards this year?
How much will you cry about it?
>>
File: Cemu 2017-04-18 18-22-05-53.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu 2017-04-18 18-22-05-53.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>388331818
>>388331840
>>388331940
>>388331924

>literally not a single argument

It's ok Nintendolts, I didn't expect any.
>>
>>388331323
I said Bloodborne was bad in the same thread
images you posted of what I actually got are somehow worse than what /v/ pretends
>>
>>388328925
Yeah, amazing 25 minute dungeons.
>>
>>388331839
>being this deluded

Nice try fag.
>>
>>388332125
>grabbing a random screenshot and making it your own
Smart anon
>>
File: 1501813093199.jpg (26KB, 376x326px) Image search: [Google]
1501813093199.jpg
26KB, 376x326px
>>388332125
>April 18th screenshot
>Back when it ran like absolute dogshit on Cemu
>>
File: 1501101929809.jpg (110KB, 359x399px) Image search: [Google]
1501101929809.jpg
110KB, 359x399px
>>388332093

Call me when it happens
>>
>>388332093
Not him but as soon as TLOU2 comes out, it will take as many GOTYs awards as those two games, sorry
>>
File: SMUGARLE2.png (46KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
SMUGARLE2.png
46KB, 320x320px
Post your face when sonygros will be forever mad.
>>
>>388332125
>literally not a single argument

It's ok Sonybro, I didn't expect any.
>>
>>388332125
>argument
You first have to present your own, and I bet you're that buttmad witcher 3 fag wanting to hate every single game that came after it
>>
>>388332218
Sure, what's your number?
Cause it's coming m8
http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/24/super-mario-odyssey-sweeps-best-of-gamescom-awards-6876988/
>>
File: animechick.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
animechick.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>388332217

>still ran better than the sub 1080p Switch version
>>
>>388331323
>/V/
>>
File: maximun woomy.png (433KB, 476x498px) Image search: [Google]
maximun woomy.png
433KB, 476x498px
>>388332249
>>
>>388328925
>*criticism towards anything*
>b-b-b-b-but X is worse!
>d-d-d-do it better yourself!
Can all of you just fucking kill yourselves already for spouting such shitty arguments.
Are you literally fucking 12?
>>
>>388332298
Considering your feet were half way under the grass half the time, about half the areas in the game wouldn't load at all, the physics didn't work, and there were horrible sound and graphical glitches.
No, it didn't.
>>
>>388332298
>ran better
Not with those constant crashes and glitches

it was awful before june
>>
File: 160901173542047.jpg (416KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
160901173542047.jpg
416KB, 1280x720px
>>388332249
>chronicles localization never
It hurts! It hurts!
>>
>>388331742

>6 responses
>not a single one trying to prove you wrong

I love how insecure Zeldafags are

Gaming will forever be known as Before Witcher 3 and After Witcher 3
>>
>>388332293
>http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/24/super-mario-odyssey-sweeps-best-of-gamescom-awards-6876988/
>gamescom awards
bruh
>>
>>388331839
It literally gets multiple threads with 300+ posts a week though so i don't know why you're lying to yourself
>>
>>388332298
Bruh the physics didn't even work properly at that date
>>388332392
I keep hearing this but W3 doesn't seem that influential so far. The only game that did it recently is dark souls
>>
File: botw.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
botw.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>388331629
>>388331831
damn breath of the wilds map looks like THAT??
>>
>>388332484
I literally do not understand what you are trying to say here
>>
>>388327831
The overworld was great but is basically the only thing to praise. Beasts, srhines and towers were all slightly re-arranged cut/pastes x1000 just like any shitty open world Ubi game.
>>
File: Cemu 2017-04-12 10-05-52-43.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu 2017-04-12 10-05-52-43.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>388332373
>>388332379

>trying to justify spending $350 for the inferior version

I don't see my feet dipping into the grass anon :^)
>>
File: 5ot6o1.jpg (40KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
5ot6o1.jpg
40KB, 600x375px
>>388332392
witcher cuck getting worked>>388332289
>>
>>388332437
Guess what games are at gamescom?
Every game releasing from now until the end of the year.
Pretty much everyone agreed, that out of the games they played there, Odyssey was the best.
When you consider the fact that everyone agreed BOTW was the best game in years on top of that, GOTY awards are basically just going to be split between those two games. RDR2 would have had a chance, but Rockstar wants to sweep the 2018 GOTY stuff, and that would have been possible going up against the best received Zelda in ages and a sandbox Mario.
>>
>>388332554
>beasts
>rearranged cut and paste
What

That's even wrong for shrines as well, and to an extent towers
>>
>>388332392
wither 3 has had 0 influence, and not much it could influence
you can already see botw's influence (assassins creed origins)
are you satisfied now that i replied to your bait?
>>
>>388332546
sounds like youre a pretty dumb nigger if you dont even know what the sims is
>>
>>388331742
>Witcher 3
>looks like Artwork, but that's it. No direction or anything visually stimulating to follow.

>BOTW
>Looks like Artwork, but at least it looks full of Life. Designed with Rivers, glowing shrines, bridges, and this is simply one screenshot. NPC's and stables abound, and the player is given a visual clear incentive to look and choose wear to go.

I'm sorry but it's true. Both look good, but one actually improves gameplay.
>>
File: my fucking sides.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
my fucking sides.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>Nintendo fanboys still mad that Witcher 3 is the most awarded game ever made

It's ok, i'm sure babbies Witcher 3 will win a few GoTYs. Might even come close to the amount Dragon Age Inquisition was able to win!
>>
>>388332671
I do not understand what point you are trying to make. The map does not resemble BOTW at all. If you are trying to say you can mold land in sims then sure I guess?
>>
>>388332128
>I expected things here, but instead there was nothing! NOTHING, I tell you!
>but here are some things
>THAT'S EVEN WORSE

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound right now?
>>
>>388332564
Yea I don't see any grass at all there around Link because you had to use a mod to get rid of it due to the wind, Link's movement, and grass reactions to both of them at the same time crashing Cemu consistently.
Funny how that was never a problem on Switch.
>>
>>388331323
>over 100 dungeons
>all of them are the same
BOTW is just Skyrim for Nintendo faggots in reality. Until they get Skyrim on their shit system then they will praise that as their game ignoring how terrible BOTW is or they'll shitpost even harder saying Skyrim was ment to be a Switch game.
I'm not even sure what to expect anymore when people unironically believe the bullshit of BOTW anymore. Nintendo fags haven't had a decent Zelda in years, but hailing it as the second coming of Jesus is pure delusion.
>>
>>388332546
im saying botw is so fucking hideous that its open world literally looks like a sims level editor. which it does. now go ahead and keep pretending to be retarded or whatever autismo shit youre doing
>>
>>388332392
>Before Witcher 3 and After Witcher 3

Said literally nobody.

Witcher 3 has a great narrative; I wouldn't push for any considerations beyond that, seeing as nobody else is.

If anything deserves that kind of milestone, it's probably shit like Dark Souls. I hear the fucking "It's Souls hard" line all the time now, and although it induces vomit, it's still happening. BotW is probably on there, but time will tell if other games steal from its more enjoyable open world mechanics and meme it up to suckle the acclaim.
>>
>>388332810
>all of them are the same
Objectively wrong

I also played skyrim. Heavily modded it was okay
>>
File: ludo.png (91KB, 698x228px) Image search: [Google]
ludo.png
91KB, 698x228px
>>388332664
>>388332641

>Witcher 3 had zero influence

+More GoTYs than any game ever made (more GoTYs than every Nintendo game combined)
+Higher User Score than BoTW
+More sales than ANY Zelda game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DYwfr_DcR0

Damn.....
>>
>>388332643
>Guess what games are at gamescom?
pretty much nothing worthwhile was shown there that's why it got an easy win
also winning expo awards mean nothing, garbage like Evolve won tons of expo awards but that didnt stop it from being a terribad game
all im saying is that to get a hold of yourself
>>
>>388332818
Fantastic texture work is all i can say. i have no idea how Miyamoto was able to code this thing to run on the Nintendo Switch. Nintendo are GODS
>>
>>388332705
How butthurt will you be when the total number of GOTY awards won by BOTW + Odyssey eclipses Witcher 3's record

>b-b-but you have to use 2 games
Because Nintendo decided to be their own biggest competitor for GOTY this year. No other studio stands a chance, so it's Zelda team vs Mario team.
>>
File: IMG_1137.jpg (464KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1137.jpg
464KB, 1920x1080px
>>388332818
Maybe you can stop trying to be retarded, even in that youtube screenshot you posted it looks nothing like the sims
>>
File: Cemu 2017-04-12 10-51-06-36.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu 2017-04-12 10-51-06-36.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>388332778

>excuses after getting BTFO

Shhh, shhh. Just go to sleep now
>>
>>388331839
I don't agree with your shit definition and clarification that good games need to be constantly re-threaded endlessly to be considered good.

But also, there are still actual BotW threads on occasion here, so there's little need to argue.
>>
>>388332867
>objectively wrong
>doesn't actually prove that it's wrong
Skyrim is considerably babby's first RPG. But Breathe of the Wild is Skyrim lite. Which is even worse. Eat shit crow and stop with your delusion if you aren't going to prove that your shitty 120 dungeons are any different from the next.
>>
>>388332935
>pretty much nothing worthwhile was shown there that's why it got an easy win
Because there's nothing that can possibly compete with Zelda or Mario for the rest of the year, sorry mr sony brony
>>
>>388332987
>excuses
But really the game was fucking broken back in april. I cannot believe someone could have a good time with constant crashing and broken physics.
>>
File: 1497428688439.jpg (26KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1497428688439.jpg
26KB, 330x319px
>>388332971

>has to use two games
>Witcher 3 will still be the single most awarded game ever made
>Last of Us will still be the single most awarded exclusive ever made

Can Nintendo do ANYTHING right?
>>
>>388332971
what i dont understand is why skyward sword was shit on and breath of the wild is praised when theyre both abysmal. its like the fluoride in the water finally turned everyone into raving faggots
>>
File: 1e3d98b.gif (4MB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
1e3d98b.gif
4MB, 530x298px
>>388327831
I have been here long enough to get that /v/ now is mostly threads revolving around baseless opinions with very little substance, but its the zelda/nintendo that are fillled with the most self-righteousness and fanboyism. I have 0 problem with the game but the nintendo fanboys covet literally everything they do and refuse all criticism; the more they do that less nintendo is going to give a shit, they will just ramp up their focus on shitty toys and useless crap, Nintendo is not you friend they are big ol' greedy cunts like everyone else.
>>
>>388333051
>doesn't prove that it is wrong
You can I don't know play the game?
Seriously are you being retarded

The easiest one is the constellation shrine versus any puzzle shrine
>>
>>388332392
Show me the articles of game developers saying that Witcher 3 made them completely rethink how to do open world game design
http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/
>>
>>388333128
Maybe breath of the wild is actually good and you just have shit taste
>>
>>388332971
>two games have more awards than one
Congratulations, anon.
>>
>>388333074
>Last of Us and Witcher 3 had to release in years of fucking nothing
>BOTW and Odyssey literally release same year, steal awards from each other, steal ANY awards Horizon Zero Awards would have gotten
>>
>>388328508
I've played it and I think it's way over praised
>>
>>388333069
>Because there's nothing that can possibly compete with Zelda or Mario for the rest of the year
People said that when Bayo2 came out and it got the rug swipped underneath it by Dragon Age Inquisition, same with last year when Uncharted 4 got massively successful but Overwatch won in the end, if PUBG gets in the nominees for GOTY you can bet its gonna win because its more popular
>mr sony brony
glad to know the nintendo fanbase still believes they're being persecuted by a boogieman
>>
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>388333328
almost every game in 2017 is
>plays P5
>it's okay
>play Nier
>it's okay, ending was tits though
>play Prey
>only one to exceed praise because there was none
>>
>>388331323
>Solve a mystery
> Go on a quest for a horse
>Navigate a maze
>Build a town
>Look for a statue
>Go bowling
>Look for another horse
>Bring ice across the desert
>Buy a house
>Cook for a bird
>Help a neet get a date
>Follow a bottle down a river
>Look for ANOTHER horse
>Arrange a wedding
>8 entire towns to explore

No this is all amazing shit. Best of the best. Never gonna get old. Doesn't sound at all like some bullshit mmo.
>>
>>388329484
>posts OOT water temple as good dungeon design
>"No idea why you bring up Ocarina of Time"
kill yourself you fucking retarded Reddit tourist cuck nigger kike faggot
>>
>>388333327
>Last of Us and Witcher 3 had to release in years of fucking nothing
But didnt TW3 got released on the same year as MGSV and BB?
>steal ANY awards Horizon Zero Awards would have gotten
Is it me or do Nintendo fanboys care more about Horizon than Sony fanboys?
>>
>>388333327

>fucking nothing
>Last of US went up against GTA V
>Witcher 3 went up against MGSV/Bloodborne/Fallout 4

LOL
>>
>>388333345
There are always 5 GOTY nominees
This year it will be BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Destiny 2, Nier Automata, and Horizon Zero Awards.
It will go to BOTW or Odyssey, guaranteed. The amount of autistic screaming from sony bronies will be hilarious.
>>
File: 1471843123852.jpg (70KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471843123852.jpg
70KB, 599x600px
>>388330245
>that webm
>>
>>388333489
Oh no they don't. Bet this guy is currently in the thread
>>
>>388333489
The only argument you ever hear from BotW fans is
>but it's better than X!
Horizon just happened to release close to BotW and be an open world adventure game.
>>
>>388333656
>but it's better than X
How else are you supposed to judge a game other than comparisons? It's all relative
>>
File: 1501304232326.jpg (29KB, 480x457px) Image search: [Google]
1501304232326.jpg
29KB, 480x457px
>>388327831
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/The%20hate%20the%20four%20beasts%20in%20BotW%20is%20literally%20a%20proof%20for%20me%20most%20%22hardcore%20gamers%22%20actually%20have%20no%20clue%20about%20game%20design.%20/
Dont you get tired of posting this pasta OP? Or do you need to feel validated by strangers on the internet?
>>
>>388333723
I'd rather eat solid shit than diarrhea, but I'd rather not eat shit altogether.
How else are you supposed to judge eating shit other than comparisons? It's all relative
>>
>>388333825
>food analogy
And yes food is also compared to other food. You say this burger is good because you have tasted many shit burgers before and that it is good in comparison.

Also horizon is a good game, play it actually.
>>
>>388333569
>Nier Automata
boi
>The amount of autistic screaming from sony bronies will be hilarious.
Why do nintendo fanboys always need something to fight about? they act of children
>>
>>388333489
MGSV was ass and BB is niche.
>>
>>388333897
I swear most shitting on horizon have not played the game. it's an okay game, and can be great at times.
>>
File: what a shame.jpg (25KB, 836x494px) Image search: [Google]
what a shame.jpg
25KB, 836x494px
Played the game on Cemu recently and it's fine I guess.

I don't know, maybe I overvalue Side quests in open world games (Genuinely can't think of a single geat open world game with shit side quests) but BoTW grew boring pretty damn fast.

Shrines are overly simplistic (think the only good shrines were the ones where you had to match up the balls using two separate shrines and the star map shrine). Quests are almost exclusively fetch quests.

Overall, the content just felt boring to me even if the game itself felt fun to play (Movement and the overall engine itself, is a joy to play in). It really reminds me off MGSV in that sense.

Enemy variety is also a huge issue for me personally and between the weapon degradation system (which I actually liked), I just avoided them because there's no real fun to be had fighting another Lizalfos or Mokoblin for the 20th time.

Divine beasts were good though but that's the problem, there's only fucking 4 and they're around 15-20 minutes long (maybe 30 if you take your time).

I don't know, the content as a whole was just really "meh" to me and I got bored around the time I realized that even the cool ass looking dragons were just another shitty shrine in disguise.

Game gets a solid 5 out of 10 from me. Excited to see where Nintendo goes with the game because the engine is great and with better content, they really could have had something here.
>>
>>388333961
Yeah, it's going to be swapped out for PUBG. Fuck twitch
>>
File: 1502890136548.png (97KB, 269x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502890136548.png
97KB, 269x300px
>>388333140
This. I really like the game but it's not perfect and I won't spend my time trying to defend it. You like it, okay. You don't like it, okay. Nobody cares what you think; whatever you say, someone will disagree no matter what and nobody will change their minds.
>>
>>388333897
>You say this burger is good because you have tasted many shit burgers before and that it is good in comparison
Or the burger is just good.
Things can be good without being compared to other things, if they can't stand on their own legs, then they're not worth a shit.
>>
>>388332871
scores are not influence, dumbass
>>
>>388333825
That's a terrible analogue for this discussion.

These games, objectively, aren't shit; more people enjoy them than not, and you can easily weigh their pros and cons against one another to make a personal choice on one that appeals to you more.

Same as your shitty example. You obviously judged eating different shits because you chose a solid steamer over chili con carne.

The fact you don't like any of the associated games is irrelevant.
>>
>>388334113
But how do you know the burger is good without having tried other burgers? For all you know the burger is actually bad, it's just that you have never tried a good one

It's like people claiming supermarket cheese is good. Bitch it's horrible, get some real cheese
>>
Yes nintendo pushed the "climb everything" meme and tricked a a bunch of open world first timers into thinking breath of the wild is the best its ever going to get.
>>
>>388334117

Zelda hasn't even been out for a year, what fucking infleunce are you talking about? The only mdoern game that's had a clear influence is Dark Souls, because every fucking developer uses "Souls-like" as a description or "Souls difficulty" to relate their games challenge to.
>>
>>388334119
>more people enjoy them than not
Popularity is not an indication of quality.
And I never said I don't like Horizon or Zelda.
>b-b-backpedaling
Show me the post where I said either game was bad.
>>
File: 9.gif (3MB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
9.gif
3MB, 320x272px
>>388334059
>>388331742

>only two people with actual critiques of the game
>no rebuttals

B-B-B-BUT MUH METACRITIC
>>
>>388334210
If I like the burger, it's good.
If I don't, it's bad.
It's almost like preferences are subjective or something.
>>
>>388333793
It gets him replies so no
>>
>>388334349
>critiques
>that witcher post
>critique
For something to be a critique it actually has to be substantiation besides LOL and exaggerating
>>
>>388327831
Nintenbros always have the most twisted views of gaming. They think anything Nintendo makes is gold, innovative and the best thing ever.
>>
>>388334382
Nope, you can recognize something is objectively worse than the other with the supermarket cheese example especially. My heart weeps for those who never tried good cheddar
>>
File: untitled.png (28KB, 613x175px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
28KB, 613x175px
>>388334349
>>388334059
Here's my rebuttal, you're a shitposter that jumps into Witcher / Morrowind / BOTW threads to stir up shit.
>>
>>388334548
What the fuck is this opinion
>>
Don't see how ANYBODY can say the game is redefining of anything. The "sense of freedom" came long before it in games like Morrowind/Gothic where no markers were used to guide the player (which is ironic because Zelda DOES use markers for every main quest). It's just a fun game to move around in (Just Cause 2 tier) with no actual substance once you start digging more and more through the games content.
>>
>>388334537
>Nope
>personal preferences aren't subjective
>I'm right and the other person is wrong because they don't know any better
lmaoing at your life, desu
>>
File: ayy.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>388334429

>still unable to refute a single specific point
>>
>>388334630
It is redefining of the modern open world genre. The old good ones are gone and forgotten, botw is trying to coax it back. The fact that you can navigate using landmarks alone is so rare in modern open worlds it's sad
>>
>>388334429

This is the sort of shit the other anon was saying with you Nintenbros simply refusing to acknowledge any sort of complaints with the game. The side quests ARE fetch quest tier, the enemy variety IS a problem, the character/writing/story IS poor with no real depth to it.

Either provide an argument or stop trying to act like they don't exist, closing your eyes the moment you read something you don't like doesn't make it go away. If it's an exaggeration, prove it.
>>
>>388334742
>refute
First I need something to refute. How can I refute a simple LOL?

Anyway for the side content shit I can list out many things
The mazes, the minibosses and the various unique content scattered around like the room with the guardians, eventide, the dragon etc. Even the photography part is part of side content, not sure why it doesn't count here. The master sword is technically side content too
>>
>>388334782

So it's not redefining then? Do you even know what the term "redefining" means? What you described is a "throw back" to old school open world games.
>>
>>388334986
>>388334742
Stop replying to him
He's a shitposter.
He's here to shitpost.

He's literally only praising Witcher 3 because right now BOTW is the new hotness for the year. In 2015 he was shitting on Witcher 3 while praising Bethesda open world rpgs to piss off Witcher fans
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ayy/image/OO0I-4GzggSaLlwcoc2ErQ/
>>
>>388334901
Just did>>388334901

I'm not exactly sure what he is critiquing or even complaining about with a simple LOL without you whiteknighting for him

Enemy variety and side quests are a problem but I would say the writing is perfectly fine and charming with dialogue being pretty nice to read through. Had no real cringe moments in the game which is alright.
>>
>>388334246
>The only mdoern game that's had a clear influence is Dark Souls, because every fucking developer uses "Souls-like" as a description
I would raise a principled disagreement on the basis that such references only show that the game was perceived as something 'new' or 'resurgent' in its approach to difficult gameplay.
There have been plenty of influential modern games, particularly ones like TESV which sent waves through every corner of the industry from AAA to indie shit. I'd say that Dark Souls was more 'highly noteworthy' than 'influential' when compared to other games.

Besides, every game that is released has an influence on the market. When fucky games come out, they produce a kind of design pressure that helps other designers avoid similar pitfalls. And, of course, great games influence game design by revealing some of the factors that make a game in X genre 'good'.
>>
File: 1456118735035.png (193KB, 498x370px) Image search: [Google]
1456118735035.png
193KB, 498x370px
>>388327831
I think the game would be an absolute 10/10 if it didn't smell cut content all over the place. Seeing how the gerudo part is packed but the rest of the game is so empty on some places just hurt

Gerudo
>Reach the desert, you have a small city before the gerudo city
>Gotta find how you can enter the city, fun part with crossedressing
>Meet Riju, who doesn't want to help you before helping her
>Gotta do a mini dungeon to get back her special helmet with optional stealth parts
>Unique boss at the end of the dungeon which is the best one of the game (excepting for ganon) and seems to be what remains of the early game made for Wii U exclusively
>You only get to Vah Nabooris then after a fun desert surfing part
>the desert has optional unique mini-bosses

Rest of the game
>Get to city
>Gotta find help, do a small quest (shooting on targets with the Rito one...)
>Special phase about reaching the beast

It hurts so much. All the game needed is 3 more mini-dungeons with 3 more bosses and more unique stuff hidden to reward exploration. The different sets are nice and good rewards, another category of unique things (like unique masks, special jewelry, monster figurines, anything unique actually) would have been perfect and made great incentive to keep exploring. The things added with the first DLC were a step in the right direction, it's a shame they didn't think of it before or had the time to do it.

BotW had soooo much potential, and I understand that it is an absolute 10/10 for some, but for me it's 8.5/10

Still better than Bloodborne though
>>
>>388335074
Okay this is actually pretty sad
>>
>>388329275
Nailed it. BotW is inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>388332871
>witchercuck ignoring the actual metacritic score

If the Witcher 3 were exclusive to Xbox you'd see a bunch of people downvoting the hell out of it.
>>
too bad it's open world so you spend so much time doing open world stuff you get bored of the whole thing 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through
>>
>>388334246
You'll be seeing the influence in about 2 years when every fucking open world game ditches the compass and ditches icons all over the map, plus adds tons of mountains and a climbing feature.
>>
>>388334986

How do any of those compare to an outright fleshed out quest like something from Majoras Mask for example? Take the mazes for instance, you literally run around endlessly trying to trial and error your way through the winding corridors until you find a.... guess what? A SHRINE.

Eventide Island is also hilarious because it's literally a repeat of the great plateau with... Guess what? A SHRINE AS THE REWARD!

That's the problem, there's no real reward, there's no real depth, there's no real anything of substance.

It's like me list dropping a bunch of shit from MGSV to make its side content seem good

-invading a base
-fighting a boss!
-capturing a high priority guy!
-assaulting a base
-doing a subsistance mission with no gear! (the Eventide equivalent)
-Sneaking into a Mansion
-Fighting a sniper one on one!

Doesn't make the content anything more than dull because there's no real reward or purpose, in fact, MGSV ironically has more rewards in the sense of your base growing more and more.

No interesting characters are met, no cool plot revelations or engaging sub plots. Nothing but shitty shrine bait, that's the problem.
>>
>>388335414
That would be ideal
>>
>>388335414
Sure they will, buddy.
Sure they will.
>>
>>388333467
much better than watch a movie, sonygro.
Also.
>moving the goalpost.
>>
File: zelda_majoras_mask_3d.0.0.jpg (194KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_majoras_mask_3d.0.0.jpg
194KB, 1200x800px
>>388327831
BOTW sucks as a game, and as a Zelds game. ITT: post music from good Zelda games that bothered to have original music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2jXdkDszQ
>>
>>388335414

So call me when it happens then? Until then, it hasn't influenced shit
>>
>>388335463
Considering developers have come out and said that pretty much every major developer is talking about how to do world design after BOTW, yes, they will.
>>
>>388335245
Do faggots not know how development time works? All of that sounds nice and dandy but then you'd have 6 more months of development time for fucks sake
>>
>>388335245
bloodborne has about 7 times the amount of content, its just condensed instead of being spread out over an empty world
>>
>>388327831
hah, no.
>>
>>388335434
>compare to
But I never said anything about comparisons. I just said there is more to do. I don't even know what you count as a real reward, but I'm guessing you want plot progression?

Just because they have a shrine at the end does not invalidate the process you use to get to them

Also quiet is not a side content, and neither is a boss fight. If you want to tango I can add enemy camps as well and the yiga section but I didn't so
>>
>>388335574
>developers have said major developers are talking
Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>388335518
>fedora's mask

back to plebbit
>>
>>388335518
>MM
>good game
>good zelda game
I tip my fedora to you kiddo
>>
File: WEW LAD.jpg (1MB, 3366x1973px) Image search: [Google]
WEW LAD.jpg
1MB, 3366x1973px
>>388335161

>writing is perfectly fine

It has zero depth, the characters are fucking weak. They're generic cartoon characters with nothing really more than meets the eye.

You might enjoy that kiddie shit but I don't
>>
File: 1501962433075.jpg (39KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
1501962433075.jpg
39KB, 500x534px
Tell me why I should consider BOTW good when it's praised by idiots like Kotaku and polygon who have never been right at any point in their miserable lives.

Your reliance on the "it's popular, therefore it's good" rhetoric only makes me hate this game more and more. Get an actual argument or the game will continue to be overrated AAA slop.
>>
>>388335608
>bloodborne has about 7 times the amount of content,

Vanilla bloodborne was 20 hours long. Get the fuck out of here with your bullcrap
>>
>>388335735
>>388335770
Curious, why zeldafags are so hostile towards one another?
>>
>>388335775
Judging by your image I see no reason to engage with you further. I prefer when games don't try to make everything seem deep when it's actually not, and making the dialogue convoluted just to appear deep (like dear esther). Even the witcher 3 suffers from this, trying to paint the villains as morally wrong with the most hamfisted ways
>>
>>388335789
OH NO IT'S AC FAG
>>
>>388335658

> I just said there is more to do.

No Man Sky has lots to do, MGSV has lots to do, Just Cause 2 has lots to do.

Your argument is one of quantity and i'm sorry, Collecting Korok Seed #24213 doesn't compare to any of the side content found in far better open world games like Gothic 2, like Morrowind, like New Vegas and like Witcher 3.

You can name drop me list padding bait all you want, all you're doing is acting like the MGSV fags did when their game ended up being nothing more than a cool engine with absolutely dull content

You yourself confess Zeldas side quests suck, it's undeniable. Running through a maze trying to get to yet another shrine does not equate to fun gameplay or fulfilling content.

Contrast that with the Anju & Kafei side quests in Majoras Mask for instance and it's not even close. No one side quest in BoTW comes close to that and that's not even the best quest in Majoras Mask.
>>
>>388336017
No shit retard, see
>>388335074
He's also the guy with about a thousand crying nintendo wojak images in his folder
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/384483491/#384486713
>>
>>388335789
it's also been praised by gamespot who generally shit on zelda games but nice cherry picking
>>
>>388336017

>hamfisted

Elaborate. You had a go at the other anon for using single word arguments only to do it yourself.
>>
>>388335956
>implying this is exclusive to zelda

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>388335789
>when it's praised by idiots like Kotaku and polygon who have never been right at any point in their miserable lives.

So other critics who have posted praise for the game do not count because Polygon and Kotaku also gave the game high marks? Is this what you're saying?

I don't agree with the idea that a 10/10 means games are perfect, either. These rating scales should be taken as a strong recommendation if you are a fan of this type of game. BotW isn't a perfect game.
>>
>>388335891
Ya cause it gets to the point and doesn't sprinkle padding everywhere to artificially lengthen the game. Instead they offer optional chalice dungeons which are more of a dungeon than anything in BotW.
>>
>>388336165
>gamespot
Ah yes, the website that nominated Gone Home as their GOTY.
>>
>>388336130
>running mazes are not fun and fullfilling because I said so
>still going on korok seeds when I specially mention stuff that are NOT korok seeds
>lists are bait because i don't agree

Not seeing much argument here anon

And MM better have good side quests, it's a game ONLY about side quests
>>
>>388336251
Yes but i see it more frequent in Zelda threads
>>
>>388335956
How new are you to actually believe only zeldafags are like that?
>>
>>388327831
>BOTW is the peak of Exploration and Level Design.

BoTW is the peak of nintendo-droning.
Nintendo kidides just don't play on other systems, so they can't compare their shit to actually good games.
>>
>>388336293
keep moving goal posts sweetie
>>
File: aka shills.jpg (378KB, 1440x896px) Image search: [Google]
aka shills.jpg
378KB, 1440x896px
>>388336268
>So other critics who have posted praise for the game do not count because Polygon and Kotaku also gave the game high marks?
No critic in existence is any more credible than kotaku. They're all lying, thieving, scumbags who will only give a game high marks if it means more clicks for their website, or if they're getting paid to do it or given incentives. They have never once given an accurate review, and they should all be instantly discarded as the garbage that they are.

I mean come on. Look at pic related and tell me that modern game journalism isn't cancer.
>>
>>388336239
The moment when you see the villain kills girls and hangs them around the house is just the stupidest way to make someone seem bad.
>>
File: 1502810193695.jpg (67KB, 362x832px) Image search: [Google]
1502810193695.jpg
67KB, 362x832px
>>388327831
>4 short """"dungeons""" that can be beaten within 10 minutes each
>rest of the game is monotonous open world garbage that has you doing the same 5 tasks over and over again
daily reminder that breath of the numale is the worst zelda game
>>
>>388336431
How is that a goalpost move?
>>
>>388336553
>breath of the numale
Hello pokebarneyfag, how's it going?
>>
I cant take you niggas serious any longer, have this final shitpost for you nintenbro faggots
>>
>>388336312

The argument was provided, you just have no refutation and yourself have conceded that the side content is sub par.

So I guess the argument is that you yourself agree that it's side content is weak

>And MM better have good side quests, it's a game ONLY about side quests

But that's not true. It had everything you would expect from a Zelda game. Dungeons, combat, questing, mini games and exploration.
>>
>>388336130
Majora's Mask was also full of fetch quests you nostalgia faggot. Just off the top of my head the entire well with the gibdos was literally a mandatory fetchquest so fuck off.
>>
>>388336130
Tarrey town is better than Anju and Kafei
>>
>>388335582
SS released back in 2011, that's a 6 year wait between then and BotW's release. Another 6 months is a drop in the bucket, and it would've made a world of difference.
>>
File: Picture 48.png (80KB, 320x231px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 48.png
80KB, 320x231px
>>388336553
>posts pseudo intellectual weeb trash like automata
>>
File: uwotm8.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
Nah, sorry OP. Witcher 3 is the best open world game ever made (or game PERIOD, for that matter).

It has

>More GoTYs
>More sales
>Superior user reception

It has BoTW beat on every level. Sorry, but not sorry
>>
>>388336624
>no refutation
Neither do you, all you have to say is that they are bad because I said so. You never said why doing a maze is bad and how the content is bad only because of the shrine at the end. In the end you are just stating your opinions as if it is a fact, when it is not.

Stop strawmanning
>>
>>388336662

Where did I claim it wasn't you faggot? Point is its best quests >>>>>>>> any quest in BoTW.

>>388336715

>Tarrey Town
>"Collect some wood!" - The quest

LOL
>>
>>388336624

I wonder how can people think that saying something is bad is an argument at all
>>
>>388336740
Lol no. Full development didn't start until after ALBW. Also, how the fuck can you say that when it was literally the reason for people buying a Switch on launch day.
>>
>>388336909

>anju and kafei
>"Literally just look at people" -the quest
>good

LOL
>>
>>388336130
>No one side quest in BoTW comes close to that and that's not even the best quest in Majoras Mask.

The entire koko arc in Kakariko was better than Anju and Kafei because you can't go back in time in BOTW and save her mother.
>>
>>388336457
>No critic in existence is any more credible than kotaku. They're all lying, thieving, scumbags who will only give a game high marks if it means more clicks for their website, or if they're getting paid to do it or given incentives. They have never once given an accurate review, and they should all be instantly discarded as the garbage that they are.

That's absurdly bleak and cuts ridiculously wide across the entire group, but it doesn't invalidate the opinions they express.

It's also a fact that the game is widely acclaimed by non-critics, simply players who bought the game, receive no money for promotion and the like. I myself have listened to people who are not paid to promote the game speak acclaim for the game, as well as its faults.

Modern gaming journalism is pretty fucking terrible, but I account for scores given by reviewers in a wide area, not just a select few. Mediums that I trust more hold higher regard.

Fact of the matter is, if Polygon or Kotaku give a game a high score, it shouldn't instantly invalidate the game itself based on your *justified* distaste for both of these sites; there are others that think highly of BotW, and as long as you take their scores as recommendations for purchase based on tastes similar to what the game delivers and not as a MUST BUY NO MATTER WHAT, it's fair to say BotW has in some way deserved the attention it gets, despite many admitted glaring imperfections.
>>
Metroid Prime has better dungeon design than this
>>
>>388336830

>You never said why doing a maze is bad

I just told you. Where's the actual content/reward/depth?

For instance, A Tower of Mice quests in the Witcher 3. Has you scaling a tower using a device that lets you contact the dead to solve the mystery of the tower.

So the content simplified is - Walk around and fight the odd enemy trying to work out what happened

Just like the maze example you used, the actual gameplay itself is boring and simplistic. But the narrative, the characters, the choice/consequence of the quests, makes it feel better than it is. BoTW doesn't have that. You literally walk around the maze trying to find the shrine and fight the odd guardian.

Or shit, you can skip the entire thing by climbing to the top of the maze and running on the top looking for the entrance point. That's equally boring/simplistic gameplay with nothing more and that's what makes the side content feel like trash

It's just not comparable.
>>
>>388337168
This
>>
>>388337210
So what you mean is that it only counts if there is a pretty cutscene tied to it? I don't really agree at all. Having story or characters tied to it adds zero depth, it's all unnecessary fluff. Witcher 3 had zero depth in its quests as there are no multiple ways to solve the quests, and you are always, always railroaded into the same path, with written markers to handhold you.
>>
>>388337168
Metroid Prime doesn't have dungeons.
>>
>>388330245
>You're good!, you're good!, you're good!
>>
>>388335582
Most of the initial game was thrown in the garbage because the game wasn't supposed to be played on Wii U only but also on Switch. There are dev tidbits saying that some concepts were just abandoned because of that. They must have had the content at some point and the great Kohga was the only boss they managed to keep because they could rework it with the sheikah tablet tools. I wouldn't be surprised to learn there were other sheikah app that didn't manage to be in.

>>388335582
I'm one of those spergs who really didn't like BB because of its shitty balance and who had already 500h on Dark Souls 1, had already played 1, 2 ,3 roll only and who constantly rant against BB's bosses. BB was clearly a mistake for me. Deal with it.
>>
>>388337159
>it doesn't invalidate the opinions they express.
Oh, but it does. Not even accounting for the entirety of gamergate, need I remind you of how many times they have swindled the customer for their own bottom line? Do I need to remind you about Kane and Lynch? Driver 3? Depression Quest? Fez? Braid? I could go on and on regarding terrible games that received unanimous praise thanks to (((favors))) given out to (((journalists))). How you muster up the justification to keep listening to them is beyond me.

>It's also a fact that the game is widely acclaimed by non-critics,
That's not an argument either because they've all been rabid fanboys who will praise anything from their parent company. I've seen it with sony, I've seen it with MS, I see it with Valve on a daily basis. Nintendo is no different. These people will unironically praise the game running at 30 FPS, having day 1 DLC, and needing day 1 patches just to work properly. Their opinions mean nothing.

>it's fair to say BotW has in some way deserved the attention it gets
That's a fallacy based on ad populum, that it somehow must be good because people incessantly jerk off over it.
>>
>>388337457

>So what you mean is that it only counts if there is a pretty cutscene tied to it?

Nope, I didn't say that nor imply it. Dialogue, choices and consequence are gameplay as far as RPGs are concerned and they leave you a lasting impression with quests. A menial task like collecting a pan in the Witcher 3 is more engaging and thought provoking than anything in BoTW and that's pretty embarrassing.

>Having story or characters tied to it adds zero depth, it's all unnecessary fluff.

Lmao, context/writing/characters are "unnecessary fluff"? Then why even bother with BOTW?

Just go play Minecraft you desperate drone
>>
>>388337457
>Witcher 3 had zero depth in its quests as there are no multiple ways to solve the quests,

That's an outright lie.

The tower of mice quest for example has multiple solutions. Take the ghost to her loved one or kill her then and there, each with its own long lasting consequence.

Screencap your copy of Witcher 3 with a timestamp, you clearly haven't played it
>>
>>388327831
LOL
Anyways, is there a game with better world than Gothic 2?
>>
>>388337457
I don't like TW3, but there are definitely multiple ways to do quests.

The problem is all the ways revolve around going to a different dot on the map or choosing a different dialog options which is boring as fuck.
>>
File: seriousTom.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
seriousTom.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>>388337457

>writing and character development (i.e literal depth)
>"unnecessary fluff"

Fucking Nintenbros, lmfao. Those two things are single handedly what make Majoras Mask viewed as the pinnacle of the series as far as side content is concerned. Even people who hate Majoras Mask admit that the side quests are good. Why? Because of those exact things.

Jesus Christ, you drones will go as far as shitting on your own games to prove some shitty point
>>
>>388337701
>why even bother
Because BOTW has actual level design and is not procedurally generated like minecraft. It also has the runes, which minecraft does not have. Coincidentally witcher 3 uses procedural generation as well, and maybe that is why it's level design is abhorrent

Also nice job, you just revealed how much of a witcher fanboy you are. I have never even fucking seen someone praise the pan quest and yet here you are, saying that it is "thought provoking"

I have realized that everyone who claims W 3 is thought provoking in any way never finished high school because the entry level philosophy the game spews at you is just pathetic. BOTW doesn't pretend to be a deep game, unlike the witcher 3. And oh how hard the witcher 3 tries to make itself appear deep
>>
>>388337645
>arguing semantics

You've gone full retard now.
>>
>>388336909
>Point is its best quests >>>>>>>> any quest in BoTW.

The absolute best quest in MM (Anju/Kafei) amounted to talking to random NPCs at the right time. That was literally the entire extent of the player's involvement and it doesn't even compare to many of BotW's shrine quests.

MM was good but as posts like yours demonstrate, its fanbase is absolute cancer.
>>
>>388337957
>MM
>viewed as pinnacle
http://www.strawpoll.me/13783248/r
UMMM NO SWEETIE
>>
>>388337935

>different dialog options

What's funny is that Witcher 3 unironically has better combat/bosses than BoTW.

Your game literally has a forced QTE hard coded into its dodge mechanic (Flurry Rush), that by default makes its combat "more cinematic" than anything in the Witcher 3
>>
>>388338157
>better combat
Quen spam might as well be a QTE based on how little involvement it has
>>
>>388338003

>Because BOTW has actual level design

So does minecraft and what's funny is its level design is only limited by your imagination.

Wanna make a 20 divine beasts? Fine, have fun!

>Also nice job, you just revealed how much of a witcher fanboy you are. I have never even fucking seen someone praise the pan quest and yet here you are, saying that it is "thought provoking"

Why wouldn't I be a fan of the single game that made every other open world game before and after it irrelevant?

>More sales
>Higher User Score
>More GoTYs

BoTW just can't compete, sorry but not sorry
>>
File: 1451291801154.gif (299KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1451291801154.gif
299KB, 500x373px
>>388338301

The involvement is you still have full control over your character instead of being forced into a QTE
>>
>>388338157

>better combat
KEK even skyrim has better combat. Moving in skyrim at least feels good

>>388338309

>dude you don't get it the game doesn't have level design but dude what if you make it yourself?
Funny thing is you can recreate the entire W3 in minecraft too, and it will be easier due to how simple the levels are. The divine beasts also cannot be recreated easily due to all the moving parts
>>
Why are you dumbasses, talking about witcher 3, witcher 3 sucks as well.
>>
>>388338417
>forced
Ummm sweetie you can cancel it by pressing another button
>>
>>388338025
Whatever you say kotaku.
>>
>>388338110

> Majoras Mask viewed as the pinnacle of the series as far as side content is concerned.
>as far as side content is concerned

Now why would you leave that part out of my quote, anon?
>>
>>388337645
>I could go on and on regarding terrible games that received unanimous praise thanks to (((favors))) given out to (((journalists))). How you muster up the justification to keep listening to them is beyond me.

I don't hold their opinions on high regard, but one can easily parse through their reviews and discern the actual facts from the gameplay over their personal opinions. That's a pretty simple and easy way to discern key points on whether or not a game is for you by using their articles. I certainly do not and will never use either Kotaku or Polygon as a means for deciding a game is good or not, and nobody should, because yes, they are but a single review and I don't share their politics or ethics.

>That's not an argument either because they've all been rabid fanboys who will praise anything from their parent company.

Again, taking reviews and looking at their emotional diatribe over the facts about the game they present in their review (which is difficult to NOT do, considering the nature of explaining why one would enjoy a game) isn't the proper way to judge if a game is worth a play.

Your distaste for practices outside of the game like DLC and patches matter but its easy to judge that for oneself.

>That's a fallacy based on ad populum, that it somehow must be good because people incessantly jerk off over it.

It's a pretty good indicator but is by no means an absolute. If a large amount of people think a game is good, it obviously has some appeal to that group and if you their their likes, it should appeal to you.

Judge for yourself based one what you glean from reviews; I'm honestly curious as to how you even make your purchases without first looking to see what people say about games.
>>
>>388338309
even your father Damien Monnier who was one of the lead designer in the Witcher 3 praised BOTW, witcher cuck. Learn your place and respect your father.
>>
>>388338459

>Funny thing is you can recreate the entire W3 in minecraft too,

I know but the reason play Witcher 3 is for its unparalleled writing/story/characters and quests.

:^)

>The divine beasts also cannot be recreated easily due to all the moving parts

Nobody said "easily", but they CAN be recreated.

Face it, BoTW is a babbies Minecraft. LOL
>>
>>388338545

No you can't. Get me visual evidence
>>
>>388338548
sure thing, jim. stay fat
>>
>>388338698
>writing/story/characters
Watch cutscenes on youtube when you bump into a villager you modded in. So easy. Roleplay your own quests, watch youtube for cutscenes. Mod in dialogue

There, the entirety of W3 in minecraft

Face it, W3 is movie minecraft, LOL
>>
File: cant make this shit up.jpg (98KB, 425x300px) Image search: [Google]
cant make this shit up.jpg
98KB, 425x300px
>>388338627

It's like when Jon Jones said Ronda Rousey is a fantastic fighter.

He knows he can snap her shit up, he's just giving her some praise so he doesn't seem like a douche. Deep down, the facts remain unchanged

>More sales
>More GoTYs
>Better user acclaim

BOTW just ain't on that level
>>
>>388338157
>What's funny is that Witcher 3 unironically has better combat/bosses than BoTW.

It honestly doesn't. BotW combat is simplistic, but at least it feels responsive and enjoyable to perform.

Witcher 3's gameplay isn't what you should be focusing on, because it is only passable at best. The narrative of Witcher is fucking amazing and deserving in itself of playing the games to experience, but that's about it. The open world meme doesn't lend itself well to the game, and combat is sluggish and generally just not fun to do.
>>
>>388338782
Deselect a weapon, or you can just wait 2 seconds
>>
File: 1454784444626.png (253KB, 454x430px) Image search: [Google]
1454784444626.png
253KB, 454x430px
>>388338826

>absolutely seething over Minecraft being a far more successful version of BoTW

It even has better combat too, HAHAHAHAA
>>
>>388339147

>absolutely seething over Minecraft being a far more successful version of The Witcher 3

It even has better combat too, HAHAHAHAA
It also even has less SJW elements, HAHAHAHAHA
It even has more content, HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>388338618
>but one can easily parse through their reviews and discern the actual facts from the gameplay over their personal opinions.
Unless they outright lie about it, which they do all the time. Like, for example, when they said games like Driver 3 wouldn't be filled with horrific bugs and game breaking glitches.

>the facts about the game they present in their review
Facts? 90% of praise for most games, not just BOTW, consists of subjective, biased opinions like "it's fun" and "it's comfy" and "it's art kino". I fail to see the objective merit in such trivial words.

>If a large amount of people think a game is good, it obviously has some appeal to that group and if you their their likes, it should appeal to you.
The fact of the matter is that the majority of people are mindless sheep who will consume whatever they're told. Not that I consider myself superior to them as I've made my own share of questionable purchases, but look at Playerunknown's battlegrounds for instance. Everyone likes it, so there's gotta be merit, right? Except for being banned for the slightest infraction like honking a horn or killing a streamer. Yet people will rush to the defense of the dev as if this is reasonable. So the masses sometimes don't know what's good for them.

>I'm honestly curious as to how you even make your purchases without first looking to see what people say about games.
I always read negative reviews about games, never positive reviews. Positive reviews are full of fanboy bias and blatant gleaning over of issues. A negative review is far more honest, as it tells me if the drawbacks of the game are worth the game's other features.
>>
>>388331323
This image screams reddit/neogaf
>>
File: 453553.jpg (58KB, 1074x448px) Image search: [Google]
453553.jpg
58KB, 1074x448px
>witcher fags will never not be butthurt
>>
File: 1435409425517.jpg (16KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1435409425517.jpg
16KB, 640x640px
>>388338918

It honestly doesn't.

Witcher 3 has build variety which alone gives it more depth and replay value than Zeldas combat system. Throw in the fact that there's no forced QTE and it's not even close.

The Signs system, alchemy build etc just offer far more mechanical depth to its combat system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jQcuiXpjcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPqKqTdkh4E
Flurry rush fundamentally breaks BoTWs combat because it can be activated by dodging when there was no chance of you getting hit anyway, you just have to be "somewhat" in range and hit the dodge button at the right time and Link zooms in from half way across the screen with no skill required. Literally just a button press.

Its bosses are also far better as well.

Witcher 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Td_aETp4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20WNQOjEGfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3T7B4MVUeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsoiB2-8TP4

Breath of the Wild:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvKDhn6Ha4I

Just look at how broken the Lyenls are with Flurry Rush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU24leMDlj4
>>
File: the great debate.png (2MB, 1472x1004px) Image search: [Google]
the great debate.png
2MB, 1472x1004px
>>388339613
>>388331323
>>
>>388339613
HOW COULD THIS BE WITCHER BROS?
>>
>>388339751
>build variety
All useless when the movement feels absolutely horrid and quen spam gets you past everything, no skill required at all. Not even timing
>>
File: hahahahahaha.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahaha.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>388339751

>Not only does Witcher 3 have a far better story/quests/writing/characters than BoTW
>it even has better combat/bosses

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>388339873
I know right what a damn joke, someone actually believes that shit
>>
File: yes yes yes.jpg (35KB, 200x200px)
yes yes yes.jpg
35KB, 200x200px
>>388339751

>Witcher 3 even has superior combat

How will Zelda cucks ever recover?
>>
>>388339771
>u-user scores matter guys
>a poll made by /v/ users doesn't

kek stay in denial kid
>>
File: 1484205545312.png (7KB, 435x269px) Image search: [Google]
1484205545312.png
7KB, 435x269px
>>388339771
>tfw love both
>>
>>388339751
>depth and replay value
It literally does not matter when the movement feels so shit the devs had to add an alternative movement and even then it's still shit. Depth is useless when the game is just not fun, and not to mention there are some hilariously broken builds you can use.

The hitboxes are also still horrible and I have seen numerous enemy glitches in the witcher.

The """QTE""" is not even forced, you can get out of it easily if you so wish to
>>
File: 1420926857327.png (267KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1420926857327.png
267KB, 600x600px
>>388339751

>That Zelda boss fight

Holy fucking shit, lmfao
>>
>>388339960
>>388339873
>>388340167
Make your samefag less obvious k thanks
>>
File: Laughing Gosling.gif (485KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Gosling.gif
485KB, 500x249px
>>388339751

>Master Khoga boss fight

Do people still really think this game wasn't targeted at children? Look at the absolute state of that fucking boss, hahahaha
>>
File: red-dead-redemption-2.jpg (56KB, 846x475px) Image search: [Google]
red-dead-redemption-2.jpg
56KB, 846x475px
>everyone in here comparing it the Witcher 3.

You fags should be concerned of this game coming out next year and taking all attention and reception way from it

Even CD RED says they're not on Rockstar's level yet
>>
File: Untitled.png (127KB, 1360x335px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
127KB, 1360x335px
>>388340098
>user scores
>>
>>388327831
>cross-room puzzles/out of box thinking
>no padding
And it had shit, braindead enemies with poor combat.

>And the main reason they are so short compared to old Zelda dungeons is because they don't insult your intellect
Or because they are completely half baked, and require the same solutions with the same tools you have access to outside the tutorial plateau.

No one wanted this. Most people wanted a Zelda game with proper itemization, rewards, and, you know, actual fucking content. Instead we got a diluted early access open world game with mediocre physics puzzles and combat not even worth engaging in.

It such a appealing world with nothing interesting to really do in it, and ultimately you never feel rewarded because it offers nothing.
>>
>>388340261
It's a puzzle/platform boss, kinda like the one hit kill dragons in dark souls. Not really a boss
>>
>>388339751

>Witcher 3s combat is shit
>somehow Zeldas managed to be worse

t-t-thanks Nintendo
>>
>>388340330
>no one wanted this>>388338110
Looks like you just have shit taste :^)
>>
>>388327831
I lost count as to how many times you have posted this shitty opinion so far. You can't expect people to suddenly agree with you after 500 times.
>>
>>388340327
get bent sweetie
>>388339613
>>
>>388329620
Seems pretty cherry picking, since the game is diluted between the same 3 tasks, its likely you can point in any direction of the samey shrines at any given point.

Whereas, a better game such as the Witcher 3, has associated unique monsters, characters, dialogue, narrative, location and ultimately has rewards, many unique, that feel like you made Geralt a better Witcher.
>>
>>388339330
>"it's fun" and "it's comfy" and "it's art kino". I fail to see the objective merit in such trivial words.

Neither do I, which is why I said, I looked at what they said, objectively, about the game and its gameplay, and I can easily make a decision from there. For the most part, people were happy to talk about said gameplay, although there was one or two absolutely insufferable reviews that I instantly dropped that were just blogposts about feelings they got from the intro.

You are right to call that bullshit. It's not a good review; I want objective facts about games and I get them, for the most part.

>Playerunknown's battlegrounds for instance. Everyone likes it, so there's gotta be merit, right?

I don't and will never play PUBG but I can easily see why others would play it. It doesn't appeal to me, but I recognize that those high scores and acclaim are *recommendations* based on whether or not this type of game appeals to you.

Online games do tend to occasionally suffer from terrible support from their devs; that's unfortunate and I don't defend their poor decisions.

I still think mass appeal has merits in discerning the quality of a game, however. Witcher 3 is widely acclaimed as a good game, and after finishing it I agree, but I went in after learning that the combat and general gameplay was only passable at best while the running narrative and mechanics behind critical decisions sold me. I learned what I needed to from people talking about it.

>I always read negative reviews about games, never positive reviews

I read both. You're right that bias can infect positive reviews, but as I said, I can look for objective details through diatribe quite easily. Negative reviews also give me more honest opinions, that's correct, but can be as equally biased and laden with feelings.
>>
>>388330160
>minor problems
The camel was going to stomp through the town and kill everyone and the salamander was making the volcano erupt those really aren't minor problems
>>
>>388340537
So does popular opinion matter or not?
>>
>>388340565
All of what you said boils down to 3 literal tasks
fighting, talking and walking
That's it
>>
>>388340612
about as much as game critics, faggot
>>
>77 posters
>half of the posts are the same 3 people
>>
>>388340429
>46 votes
I have better taste than all 46 of those fanboys.
Nintendo fans will literally love any game that supports Nintendo financially or in the popular eye. If we were to round up all 46 people, they would be socially awkward rejects that use Nintendo as a social crutch towards their anti-social, autistic behavior.
>>
>>388340837
yes its called having a conversation
>>
>>388340837
Yeah, there's a lot of back and forth conversations going on in this thread, and a lot less random pop-ins spouting memes and shitposting.

Why do BotW threads get good discussion while Coco threads are just chock-full of porn and people talking about sucking Poison's female penis?
>>
>>388341057
>conversation
You call this a conversation?

Look at this guy>>388341012

Literally claiming his opinion is worth more than others because reasons, nothing but fallacies. Guess what, this is happening in the entire thread, along with severe cherrypicking and samefagging
>>
>>388340656
Fights have unique aspects with different movesets. You can fist fight as well.

Talking has good writing and is worthwhile in almost every case unless doing filler quests like hunts.

Why would you walk in the Witcher 3? This isn't Zelda where all you do is spend 90% of the time climbing and running between the shit content.

Zelda has 3 weapon types with 3 swing cycles each, for example.

Its either:
>Mediocre shrine thats likely a repeat for the same orb
>Find a tower that just reveals the map
>Fucking Korok Seeds

I wouldn't even consider the dungeons unique since they are easier than most Shrines, with a shit tier boss in each one.
>>
>>388341131
>back and forth conversations
>I'm right you're wrong
>nuh uh I am right and YOU are wrong
Rinse and repeat
>>
>>388341157
Because it is. I'm better than you, in every single way.
Maybe you just need to stop pretending the game doesnt have some really annoying, glaring issues that people don't enjoy. Stop betting your life on such a mediocre game.

Get a fucking life or a girlfriend, or something. Stop being a pathetic videogame warrior over something that everyone is already done with.
>>
>>388327831
The Divine beasts are one of the most interesting uses of 3D space in a videogame in recent years. People who prefer killing enemies probably won't like them that much but for people like me who appreciate good level design over everything else they're brilliant.
>>
>>388327831
Dont get me wrong, the Beasts designs WERE neat in a sense, but they were too short, too easy and not enough of them
>>
>>388341203
You can also fight with runes in zelda, and physics, and even wind and rods.
And why would I walk? Chasing the red line of course! That's all you do in the witcher after all, in between cutscenes, which are horrible pieces of content in general
In the witcher you get
>another repeated camp that you have to deal with horrible combat movement
>watching a cutscene
>riding on roach and glitching all over the place

I actually would not count anything for the witcher 3 unique as well since all of them are piss easy even on death march and all the bosses save for 2 are shit due to the bad movement
>>
>>388341338
Do you not see the irony in your post? This is actually hilarious
>>
Man this game was so awesome. I really enjoyed everything it had to offer as a video game. Everything was good, would enjoy it even more if the world was 4 times the size. Interior exploration like a big creepy crawler dungeon with insane monsters, Hyrule castle kind of felt like that. The puzzles in the divine beasts were good too.
>>
>>388340585
>Neither do I, which is why I said, I looked at what they said, objectively, about the game and its gameplay, and I can easily make a decision from there
That's what I did with BOTW. I considered it a mediocre game because of the issues I brought forth earlier. Not subjective opinions like "it's not fun" or "it's boring to look at" but objective issues like the framerate and performance overall.

>Online games do tend to occasionally suffer from terrible support from their devs; that's unfortunate and I don't defend their poor decisions.
You never see this in positive reviews though. They're all too quick to make snappy one liner meme quotes as opposed to actually giving insight into the review. It's the flaw of many review sites.

>I still think mass appeal has merits in discerning the quality of a game, however.
As long as mass appeal can be influenced by deep pockets, I fail to see this as a merit in a game's favor.

>Negative reviews also give me more honest opinions, that's correct, but can be as equally biased and laden with feelings.
The thing is that negative reviews are harder to make in this era of safe spaces and triggered tumblerinas, because everyone is being told to smile and be happy and never step out of line, so to go against that is much more commendable than just outright blind positivity.
>>
>>388341338

>gets BTFO
>ge-get a life loser!
>while he still posts here

JUST
>>
>>388341474
Ah, yes, I too wish I can make up shit about games I never played. Unfortunately, I beat both.

Witcher 3 is much better in every single way, received more awards, and will forever have sold more than BOTW can ever hope to.

I'm glad we cleared this up.
>>
>>388341591
Hahaha, is it? You think so?
Wow. I totally bet my life on some shit games like BOTW for sure!

>>388341676
Gotta kill time with you pathetic faggots. I'm going out tonight unlike you, you ugly fucking loser.
>>
>>388341681

Ah, yes, I too wish I can make up shit about games I never played. Unfortunately, I beat both.

BOTW is much better in every single way, it won't need to pay for awards, and will also have less shit-eating flies attracted to it.

I'm glad we cleared this up.
>>
>>388341791

>I-I'm going out for sure!
>y-you're betting your life on a game!
>all that projection

JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>388341809
I'm flattered you resort to 12 year old tactics of repeating me. Just goes to show how retarded Nintendo kids are.
>>
>>388341791
>you
>>
File: game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif (175KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif
175KB, 500x277px
>>388341809
>less shit-eating flies
>>
>>388341920
I bet you meme in real life. You're "that guy" that is so annoying to be around, people make excuses to leave you behind.
haahha JUST JUST JUST, so meme'd
>>
>>388341972
I'm flattered you actually replied. Just goes to show how mad witcher kids are.
>>
>>388331742
Idon 't know how many shrines you cleared, but there!were some really good shrines in the game.
>>
File: e7db9e4e33592de521b23e955084488.jpg (55KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
e7db9e4e33592de521b23e955084488.jpg
55KB, 601x508px
>>388341972
>you
>>
File: Trump_using_his_voters.gif (188KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Trump_using_his_voters.gif
188KB, 550x400px
>>388331323
>he had to use a skull hideout to pretend you could find caves
>>
>>388342070

>he's still mad
>mad at people from a video game board
>while writing fanficiton about his life
>while projection his insecurities onto others

JUST
>>
>>388342075
You know what, I'll offer you a real conversation.
Do you have a discord server we can talk on? Lets see if you can argue for BOTW being worth a shit.
>>
>>388342184
>discord
Oh you are an attentionwhore tranny, no wonder you like the witcher
>>
>>388342183
Thanks for proving me right, I now know you are one of those kids that can't even keep eye contact.
>>
>thread is derailed by Witcher fags

Same as Bloodborne threads. Fucking cancerous fags.
>>
>>388341681
So...game journalists and normies opinions matter now?
>>
>>388342070
>>388342292
JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>388342275
What are you even talking about?
Stop being a pussy, let's chat with microphones.
>>
>>388341674
>considered it a mediocre game because of the issues I brought forth earlier.

I can understand that position; several parts of the game are not as good as they could be or as they were in previous games, but I learned enough to know I would enjoy the game were I to play it and, yes, I did. I'm also more than willing to point out its flaws, but the framerate dips and 30fps cap do not influence my decisions nearly as much as yours seem to do.

>You never see this in positive reviews though.

In PUBG's case, the devs banning plays for honking horns came much later. Reviews aren't the only way to get good dirt on games; sometimes news is just as good.

>As long as mass appeal can be influenced by deep pockets, I fail to see this as a merit in a game's favor.

Mass appeal is enough to pique my interest and investigate, that's all I'm trying to convey. It's certainly not the single deciding factor.

>The thing is that negative reviews are harder to make in this era of safe spaces and triggered tumblerinas

I don't advocate blind positivity either, but all reviews, negative and positive, come with their subjective viewpoints. Good purchases come from judging to object points from both sides; it hasn't failed me since Godhand got slammed by reviewers who sucked at it and I learned to take all reviews with heavy salt. It's not the greatest circumstances, but its what you got the work with.
>>
>>388342385
>what are you even talking about?
You know what I am talking about, tranny. No one's going to attentionwhore with you, sorry. Go to >>>/lgbt/ and they can give you the attention you desire
>>
>>388331323
that's almost as much content as every individual fallout and elder scrolls game has ever had.
>>
>>388327831
DESU the only dissapointment I had with BOTW was the ending didn't do the rest of the game justice. I'm fine with the rest but I'm not a video game critic
>>
File: ca.png (465KB, 628x733px) Image search: [Google]
ca.png
465KB, 628x733px
>>388327831
I can't agree at all. Breath of the Wild was super mediocre. It had great world design, yes, and a neat gimmick engine, but nothing had substance.

You roll balls into holes, use the same techniques again and again, and get more rewarded by avoiding combat because weapons are often traded for worse ones.
Let's see:

>Bad music
>Poor framerate and associate visuals
>Little to no reward variation or incentive to do a shit ton of shrines
>Repeat shrines
>Weapon durability is more annoying than fun
>Next to no enemy variety and tons of reskins
>World bosses and bosses in general are piss easy
>Game promotes going in the menu and just eating constantly, ruins combat encounter pacing
>QTE dodges and parries that are super easy to pull off
>The dungeons are just reskinned shrines that take 10 mins or less to complete, and its literally just find the pedastals
>Armor buffs seem so shallow and useless
>All memorable areas are shrouded in nostalgia like the Lost Woods; original areas are entirely forgettable
>Has this "make your own content" feeling, where you need to seek out "fun" where it becomes laborous and annoying after a short time using the same shit.
>No new tools throughout the game
>Awful stealth sections
>The same Goblin encampments everywhere that offer fucking nothing and just come back in full

It's just a clusterfuck of bad ideas. The engine and lack of content make it feel like an unfinished game thats fun for a few hours to fuck around in, but afterwards just loses everything. I had enough of that playing EA games on Steam.
>>
>>388342473
Scared.
A true beta that's scared of hearing his own voice.
>>
>>388340330
What an ignorant comment. BOTW doesn't focus on a linear storytelling because it is not plotting a sequential narrative race course through a world open in all directions and thereby not ruining it.

There is also the topic of using puzzles as a counter-weight to combat. Many open world games end up with a story stretched well beyond its breaking point. At the same time, the story is important in these games to weigh against an endless number of combat sequences. Zelda being as much of a puzzle game as it is a combat game strikes a better rhythm. The side stories you do encounter are the icing on the cake and not a core component for your motivation. That's why puzzles in BOTW are a neccessity.
>>
>>388343082
Nice, this pasta again
>>
>>388342453
>but the framerate dips and 30fps cap do not influence my decisions nearly as much as yours seem to do.
The way I see it is that, if Nintendo wants to charge me 60 bucks plus DLC prices, I'm gonna need to see some higher performance from them. It really doesn't matter to me if the game "wouldn't benefit that much" because I've never seen a game that didn't benefit from 60 FPS. Now, a cheap 10 dollar indie game being incapable of getting a consistent FPS I could understand. I wouldn't give it a pass, but it's easier to see whyt hey couldn't optimize with a lack of budget. Nintendo has all th emoney and developers in the world, so it's much harder for me to give them a pass.

>Reviews aren't the only way to get good dirt on games; sometimes news is just as good.
I've tried many news outlets, and I can't say I'd trust them because they're quick to turn on a dime and defend corporates if it suits them. Like Jim Sterling, who says he fights for customer rights, but he'll lap up whatever sony throws out, as his 9/10 Horizon review will tell you.

>it hasn't failed me since Godhand got slammed by reviewers who sucked at it
See, this is what I'm talking about. If people chastise a game for being too difficult, then usually that means it's a good game. There's a small chance it might be frustratingly difficult, but in the modern era people are used to having their hands held, so a bit of difficulty is always welcome. That's what I mean when I say that negative reviews can say much about a game. If reviewers give a game glowing praise, then chances are it isn't that challenging, or it panders too much to the younger COD audience. etc.
>>
File: 1503592047475.jpg (75KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503592047475.jpg
75KB, 675x1200px
>>388343189
Prove its copy pasted.
I just wrote it now.
>>
>>388343163
More like I don't want to hear your sperg tranny voice anon
Don't worry though be sue to attentionwhore in the next discord /v/ thread!
>>
>>388343260
All of those points I have seen before, almost in the same fashion in various pastas. I might have mistaken it for pasta because what you wrote is so shallow it might as well be one
>>
>>388343172
See the issue is, you don't feel good for getting rewarded the same way for each "puzzle" and the puzzles are largely samey after a short time since they use the same basis almost everytime. It's like having a hookshot the entire game as a tool, and knowing you need to hookshot things a certain way; it becomes natural to use the tools the way the developer makes you.

This creates tedium and bordem.

Open world design that's entirely non-linear just seems like an excuse to not make proper content for the players to enjoy.

Another issue is the combat in BOTW is bad, like fucking awful. The game in its entire self is shallow physics puzzles, and that just makes it a sandbox where the player has to convince himself to have fun in, rather than the developer bringing it to the player.

Gimmicks can only take the game so far.

PS, the quests in BOTW are dogshit.
>>
>>388343376
Right, good to know you can't argue against me.
>>
>>388343376
Then you can point to them in the archives?
>>
>>388343595
>you don't feel good
Why not? The reward is still infinitely useful. It's not like the spinner in TP where you just never use it after that one dungeon
>same basis almost everytime
But the execution is often different, which is what distances it from the hookshot. The hookshot usually requires one action to one single spot
>combat is bad
I disagree, ranged combat especially is fantastic. The only problem I have is that it is too easy
>>
File: 1500342075831.jpg (110KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1500342075831.jpg
110KB, 700x913px
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It keeps happening
>>
>>388343682
There is nothing to argue in your post. It's a list of opinions
>>
>>388343595
>it's shit
>it's "bordem"
>dogshit

How can you type so much and still not manage to say anything relevant?
>>
>>388343976
welcome to this entire thread
>>
>>388332674
Het! You know where to go in w3! The marks are all on the map!
>>
>>388343976
because he's literally regurgitating the same words in all of his shitposts. you can tell which posts are his because of the reddit tier spacing
>>
>>388344034
don't forget the red trails!
>>
can I transfer my Wii U save data to Switch?
>>
The fuck, I swear shitposts for all games are coming from some template now. It's starting to blur together, words like "no substance" "shallow" "boring", which are used against every game. I swear I have seen someone say that for vanquish the other day. It's, for lack of a better word, boring
>>
>>388343805
It's the same reward that's diluted across over a hundred similar rooms with the same assets, textures, and puzzle ideas (or combat ones that literally repeat)

Agreed, but again, having a large amount of tools that are spread throughout the game offer more thought process to puzzles rather than HL2 physics puzzles.

Nope, combat is REALLY bad. The ranged combat is extremely basic too, and leads to you one shotting guardians later.
>>
>>388327831
>exploration
Yeah sure is fun exploring empty space

>level design
hahaha what levels?

>verticality
?
>interaction
??
>optional solutions
???
>no loading times
Okay, now you're just fucking lying
>no padding
What you call "padding" is what most of us call "content"
>>
>>388344263
Neo/v/ has come. Enjoy your stay
>>
>>388343881
Poor framerate, visual assets, lack of rewards, repetition, lack of enemies, QTEs, lack of new tools, lack of notable loot are FACTS
>>
>>388343225
>The way I see it is that, if Nintendo wants to charge me 60 bucks plus DLC prices, I'm gonna need to see some higher performance from them.

Yeah, I just don't hold frame per second beyond 30 in as high regard as you, but I do understand where you come from on that position. I don't know the story on BotW not having more stable frames but I do suspect it's the fact it was developed for WiiU first. Other switch titles they've put out after have solid 60fps, so I hope they continue the trend but it's not a dealbreaker to me.

>Like Jim Sterling, who says he fights for customer rights, but he'll lap up whatever sony throws out, as his 9/10 Horizon review will tell you.

To be fair, I listened to Sterling for a few months until his unsavory politics and general attitude really soured me. Now I can't stand him, but if he reports something that has sound facts that I can verify, I'll take it.

>If people chastise a game for being too difficult, then usually that means it's a good game.

Shit, Godhand wasn't even that difficult; it just required you to learn and eventually master its gameplay systems, which you are right, a lot of games these days no longer do. I think the last one I played that did this was Wonderful 101 on the WiiU, which was also slammed for its gameplay controls being too different, yet it's easily one of my favorite games because I put in the time.

I think easy games can still be fun, but I enjoy a wide swath of genres and levels of investment and difficulty and am a lot more tolerant in what I enjoy than most. It's not for everyone.
>>
>>388335789
>>388336293

Yeah, it's almost as if review sites have MORE THAN ONE reviewer writing for them! So strange.
>>
>>388343976
>Nothing is relevent because it's against what I think about the game

That's not how arguing works, anon. Do you start crying when someone talks to you loud?
>>
>>388344371
>same puzzle ideas
I don't really see much problem if the ideas are varied between them. For example one shrine is using the magnesis as a scoop while another is using it to build something
>HL2 physics puzzles
Why is this a bad thing now?
>bow combat is extremely basic
Why? It has everything good bow combat needs
>different arrow types with noticeable effects
>good method of aiming which is smooth and fast
>arrow curve and drop which adds depth to your aim
>bows feel good to use and have varying effects on what you shoot out
>arrows also have an additional effect on the environment
>presence of weakpoints to encourage better aim
That's all good bow combat needs.
>>
>>388344263
Is it weird if some of the glaring issues of an average game keep being brought up?
Doesn't that mean the issues exist?
>>
>>388344484
>poor framerate
Not on my PC
>visual assets
Not on my PC
>lack of rewards
Not really. Shrine orbs are like exp, they work okay
>repetition
Never happened to me, finished at 50 hours. I didn't dabble with seeds much so maybe that is why
>QTEs
I stuck with the bow most of the game so I never found it to be a problem. Maybe it will be more of an issue if I used a melee weapon. Then again you can choose not to trigger the QTE right?
>lack of new tools
Yes
>lack of notable loot
What is "notable"? I find the elemental arrows pretty notable to me
>>
>>388344817
When it's used against games with depth all the time I find that hard to believe
>>
>>388344673
The ideas don't vary that often though. It's extremely inconsistent and thought-free for most puzzles.
Because puzzles should invoke more than simple tasks that can be done in 5 minutes or less. When you begin recycling ideas and using them again and again as the backbone of a game, that's just poor thinking.
Bow combat is so basic in the game and constitutes so few of the actual encounters, I don't even know what stands out from it other than elemental types helping with puzzles.
>>
>>388344967
A shallow game gets called shallow.
>>
>>388345046
>inconsistent
Isn't that varying?
>puzzles should involve more than simple tasks that can be done in 5 minutes
But HL2 had longer puzzles?
>constitutes so few of the encounters
Only because you choose not to use it. What is deep bow combat to you? Name a game. If you say dragon's dogma then yes I agree. The bow combat is deeper due to the bows you use. That does not mean BOTW's bow combat is bad in any way.
>>
File: 500.png (190KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
500.png
190KB, 500x342px
>>388345046
What the fuck are you even saying, nigga? It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>388344886
>game isnt on PC
>game isnt on PC
>Yes, really. There's few, therefore it lacks. Just because you value useless things doesnt mean there is more of them
>Repetition is present, rather or not you feel it just plays towards your autism. Repeated ideas and implementation throughout. Repeated world mazes, boss shrines, world bosses, etc. etc.
>j-just dont use them!
>>
>>388345174
A shallow game like Kingdom hearts 2?
>>
File: Super Mario 64.jpg (83KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario 64.jpg
83KB, 800x584px
>>388344397
Pretending to be retarded is still retarded. but guess what? You aren't pretending. Honestly not even gonna try with you. Your favorite video game will not be remembered in 30 years. You're an idiot, straight up. Since you're so stupid, you make it so difficult to simplify something so simple. You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>388345413
Ironically, kingdom hearts has more combat depth despite being extremely simple.
>>
>>388345410
>game isn't on PC
HAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAAH
>just because I think it's useless then it is useless for all of you!
>repeated ideas
Funny thing is throughout my 50 hours I have only encountered 5 combat shrines and around 10 world bosses, which didn't feel repetitive when it ended
>j-just don't use them!
Is this an actual argument? If you don't experience it much then it isn't a problem
>>
>>388345480
I always love when Nintendo fanboys have a sense of smug, higher level confidence for supporting a company that treats them like literal children.
Hope Nintendo brings you success in life, because it sure as hell is doing you no favors everywhere else.
>>
>>388345502
Kingdom hearts 1 has more depth than kingdom hearts 2? Now I heard it all
>>
>>388345650
Not him but take a good look at yourself in a mirror.
>>
It does a lot of integral parts of open world design better than they've ever done before, or at least phenomenally well
>>
I'm like 5 or 6 hours in I think, done like 14-15 shrines and found 3 pictures.
When the fuck does this become interesting? Am I seriously supposed to just do this for another 30 hours before I beat it?
>>
>>388345669
I'm not sure what's going on in that head, but it explains why you like BOTW so much. Maybe you shouldn't take so many dicks to the brain.
>>
>>388345764
Beautiful, confident, has a great job, education, long term girlfriend, and is fit.
I dunno, feel pretty good, doubly so when I compare it to whatever you have.
>>
>>388345787
Go beat it now.
>>388345804
I'm not sure what's going on with yours too. I said the word shallow is so overused against games with some depth like kingdom hearts 2 that it becomes meaningless. Then you go around saying kingdom hearts has more depth?
>>
>>388345787
That's the game. What you experience in the Plateau, outside a few other really short segments, is the entire experience.
Enjoy!

>>388345934
Where did I specifically mention Kingdom Hearts 1?
>>
>>388345804
considering you believe kingdom hearts has more depth than botw you're already fucked
>>
>cooking is fun
>exploring is fun
>shrines are cool for the first twenty or so until it repeats gimmicks
>climbing nearly any surface is amazing
>weapon durability is shit
>bosses are copy-paste with a different element
>enemy variety is lackluster
>shrine quests are pretty cool (love the island one)
>mini games are fun
BotW is still a 7.5/10 for me.
>>
>>388327831
>They are everything people wanted and people hate them
That's the thing, BoTW isn't everything I wanted. Hell I'd argue it had the least of what I wanted out of any Zelda title save for a couple of things. That being said I still consider it a great game, just I'd never want a game similar to it in execution ever.
>>
>>388345997
>unironically, kingdom hearts>>388345502
>>
>>388345901
But I have all that you have except that I also have a million dollar inheritance waiting for me and a wife instead of a girlfriend
>>
>>388345901
check out all this faggots low level shit posting. you still grinding for your masters in shit posting? lying on the internet. fuck off. now you're talking about something completely and totally different. how can you shit post for so long? you're behaving like a 7 yo would if he stubbornly lost an argument. you're just a faggot. get up your fat ass up and go make some hot pockets and stop shit posting. no more excuses faggot
>>
>>388346146
You talked of Kingdom Hearts 2, I was saying Kingdom Hearts 2 has more depth than BOTW.

I never specified the first game at all, as it wasn't even what you mentioned. Pay attention kid. If I wanted to discuss kingdom hearts 1, I would say, ONE. I also wouldn't mention it in a thread about BOTW.

Does that make sense to your simple brain?
>>
>>388346301
Oh really? let's video chat then. Do you have Skype? Let's see that mug of yours.
>>
Wait, people are saying the combat in BoTW is bad? When mixed with the systems, the combat in BoTW allows a lot of synergy that is way beyond any previous Zelda game. It feels like an immersive sim in that regard.
>>
>>388345997
You have to be fucking kidding me
Are the dungeons at least worth doing?
>>
File: Kingdom_Hearts_Logo.png (2MB, 3037x1947px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom_Hearts_Logo.png
2MB, 3037x1947px
>>388346336
But I never said it didn't? Why suddenly chip in with something rather unrelated? Why didn't you specify 2 instead as 1 is also known simply as kingdom hearts?
>>
>>388346328
Hahahha, why are you so mad?
If you want me to prove these things, voice chat with me pussy.
>>
>>388346448
>implying I'm insecure enough to prove things to strangers
Haha anon, you're funny. Why don't you do it first?

>>388346485
Nice, now it's obvious you are falseflagging
>>
>>388346485
The dungeons are the same as the Shrines but take less time. They have one gimmick of manipulating the "animal", but otherwise, expect the same old. Dungeons are about 5-10 minutes long, with a boss you can easily kill.
>>
>>388346625
>take less time than shrines
>5-10 mins
What the fuck, why are you lying? Doing it blind it's definitely more than 5-10
>>
>>388346532
dude you ain't worth it who the fuck wants to talk to your retarded ugly face? you're seriously, seriously messed up dumb in the head to talk with
>>
>>388346592
>>implying I'm insecure enough to prove things to strangers
Clearly you're insecure enough about your opinion on a videogame to defend it this much, I dunno, maybe I'm just assuming you're too scared?
>>
>>388344484
prove how that effects gameplay, prove it. you don't know what you're talking about. your favorite video game will not be remembered in 30 years, you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>388346724
You also seem to be insecure enough to defend your stand of disliking a videogame. Why aren't YOU posting your face anon, scared?
>>
>>388346701
>you're seriously, seriously messed up dumb in the head to talk with
Oh man, I almost got to talk with a 10 year old, that would have been sad :(
>>
>>388346625
Only speed runners take 10 minutes to beat the shortest beast after many times you lying faggot. A regular player would take half an hour to beat the bird which is the shortest one
>>
>>388346818
Post your face cuck
>>
>>388346794
Trade for trade, I don't see why I need to put up anything if you're literally scared of your own voice.
>>
File: 1388628130329.jpg (367KB, 1244x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1388628130329.jpg
367KB, 1244x2000px
>>388327831
Sorry but no, you're wrong and if you really think the dungeons are amazing BECAUSE they were short you might actually have a mental disorder.

The open world aspect of the game is absolutely top tier but those dungeons are the most disappointing things I've seen in any 3D Zelda, like really what the fuck? The "ancient beast that you control" concept should have been a one-off gimmick for one of the dungeons, with the other three being unique DUNGEON dungeons of some kind that actually fit the theme of their environments. All of the beasts were made up of the same models and textures and all-around visual style so they all just look like the Sand Temple, and they're all so tiny and easily exploitable that you may as well just put a bunch of switches in a big empty room.

I appreciated that they did give you the freedom to find your own solutions but that freedom was kinda worthless when the solutions are already so easy. It's like putting an objective behind a chest-high wall, and telling the player they can go around the chest high wall in ANY WAY THEY CHOOSE, that's what playing the four beasts was like.
>>
>>388346909
You first then, do it. Why not? Scared of your own voice?
>>
>>388331839
>two threads about to reach bump limit 6 months after release

faggot
>>
>>388330245
I cant refute this
>>
>>388346987
Like I said hop on discord. What's your discord tag?
>>
>>388332871
https://gonintendo.com/stories/272641-aonuma-on-zelda-botw-wind-waker-influence-the-feeling-of-zeld
>>
>>388347150
I don't have discord, neither do I want to give you my skype. Why don't you post your face right here?
>>
>>388347195
Okay were done here. You apparently are too scared to even voice.
Fucking trash bag. Don't waste my time.
>>
>>388347278
Pssh, too pussy to post a picture of your face.
What a cowardly faggot
And too bad I already wasted much of your time :^)
>>
>>388347278
You waste your own time, you fucking idiot. Are you seriously this stupid?
>>
>>388347278
>don't waste my time
>literally talked to a random faggot on 4chan for 20 minutes
LMAO
>>
>>388339751
I dont know how a doge/parry would be considered a qte.
>>
File: clap.gif (768KB, 460x635px) Image search: [Google]
clap.gif
768KB, 460x635px
>>388327831
I agree with everything you said.
>>
>>388347396
>>388347471
>>388347565
I wish I could put all you ugly faggots in a room and just break your jaws. It would feel AMAZING.
Should call you the tri-pussy gang.
>>
>>388345787
If you are bored, just ride to hyrule castle, defeat ganon and congrats! You beat the game!
>>
OP is completely right. The level design is masterful. Other companies will be trying to replicate BOTW in their shitty open world game for the next decade.

This is basically the OOT of this century. You have to be deluded or retarded not to see that.
>>
>>388330718
U>>388332220
I know, and i'm so sad. Videogames are being replaced by films
>>
>>388327831
I really don't get the praise for this game. I got bored of it and dropped it a few hours in because it was a bunch of puzzles designed for children with the attention span of a squirrel.

Seriously, is there a dungeon anywhere in the game longer than 3 minutes? Because that shit just got boring and tedious. I want to like it, it looks like a great concept but... is the entire game this stupidly easy?
>>
>>388347843
shhh nobody tell him.
>>
>>388347918
Then why has everyone already moved on?
In fact, outside of /v/, no one talks of it, cares about it, and most people sold their Switches because it was such a disappointing game.
>>
>>388348036
No, even the Dungeons are pleb tier. They make Ocarina of Time dungeons look extremely complex and innovative.
The game is an unfinished mess with a gimmick engine.
>>
>>388348126
Sold my switch, can confirm
>>
>>388347918
>The level design is masterful.
... What the fuck are you talking about? The dungeons are the shittiest part of the game. If they wanted to shit out over a hundred dungeons they should of just done random gen instead of 2 minute puzzle for retards in a 3 room dungeon.
>>
>>388344608
Nice projecting faggot.
>>
>>388348126
All my friends and vidya nerds, I bought a wii U just so we could do drunken mario party / kart / smash bros etc. Most of my friends like nintendo and so do I.

I refuse to buy a switch, I emulated botw and it was such a let down. I am very glad I did not spend money on a gimmick console just to play babies first open world game.
>>
>>388348126
This. The game was surprisingly forgettable and most of the normies already forgot about it
>>
>>388348621
Not clear if you're being ironic if babies first open world. There is a good chance this is some kids 1st open world but do you really think people on /v/ which are like 20 - 30 yo haven't played an open world?
>>
>>388328925
>what is daggerfall
>>
>>388348621
At what point while playing did the game disappoint you?
>>
>>388329102
the dungeons in dq8 are very simplistic though.
>>
>>388328320
oh shut the fuck up
>>
BOTW is hated by reddit so it must be good.
>>
>>388349793
>BOTW is hated by reddit

Literally not true. it's reddit's GOTY so far even over other reddit darlings like Persona 5 and Horizon.
>>
>>388349793
Why do you lie?
>>
>>388349793
>>388349901
Who to believe?
>>
>>388348854
>people on /v/ which are like 20 - 30 yo
You're very, very confused anon. 20-30 is by FAR the minority on /v/ these days I am sure. If it isn't I genuinely worry for our future. So yes, I am quite literal that I assume all this praise is from a bunch of teens, maybe early 20s who haven't played games for very long or may even be on one of their first, if not the first open world game for them.

>>388348951
Honestly? Right away. The visual style is unappealing, the music didn't grab me, the combat seemed pretty decent but any fun there was quickly thrown out the window as my weapons broke within seconds, the dungeons were less than 5 minutes long a piece and required no actual thought to complete, the two bosses I found were just massive health sponges with super telegraphed attacks, so stock up on weapons and go hit it in the asshole.

It's like they tried to throw some janky ass wanna-be dark souls combat into a Zelda game and forgot that the dungeon crawls and fun puzzles were what made the series so great. If they'd slapped any other name on it aside from "Zelda" it'd of been a better game, still not for me.
>>
>>388347726

Anon the life around you may be swell but you come across as a shit-tier person. Work on that.
>>
How did OP manage to make such a successful BotW thread that it's going to hit bump limit SIX MONTHS after release? Woah... is this the staying power of a good Zelda?
>>
>>388351247
shitposting
>>
>>388351247
Even Nier still has one occasionally, why wouldn't Zelda?
>>
>>388352213
Best part are the Witcher shills
>>
File: 20170317_162425.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170317_162425.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>388327831

The dungeons should be longer, larger, and more harrowing and BOTW would have been perfect.

A good dungeon should make you go "OH... FUCK" not "pfffft here we go again"

OoT did the best job of establishing atmosphere and tone with its dungeons. They should feel somewhat intimidating and at times tranquil and surreal. A little spooky, with small hints of a deeper lore.
>>
>>388327981
>>388328073
autistic faggots who don't know that games have a deadline
>>
>>388353184
dont worry the second game on a new engine is always the best. first game they get the engine worked out second they make the game they really wanted to. I want to see more dungeons and uniqe tile sets and enemies for each one.
>>
>>388330168
All divine beasts is one of the major categories, yeah. The others are Any% (beeline to ganon) and all main quests (beat all divine beasts, all memories, beat like 30+ shrines to get the master sword).
>>
>>388348126
This, I knew 7 people who bought switches at launch. I say 'knew' because they all committed ritualistic suicide via self-disembowelment out of shame after realizing how bad BotW is.
>>
File: come on.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>388327831
that webm is on par with mario 64
>>
>>388328142
>it's different so it's bad

not an argument
>>
File: 1499969820314.png (321KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1499969820314.png
321KB, 431x450px
>>388356164
>get served steak every meal for 30 years
>get served shit one day

>JUST CAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD!!!!!!
>>
>>388327831
Yup. Average humans are garbage. Welcome to earth.
>>
>>388356430
That's a terrible analogy because Breath of the Wild is better than previous Zelda games
>>
>>388344034
Eh, the main quests in BoTW are also all marked on the map. The only things you have to search for are the autistic korok seed hunts
>>
File: OoT-Hyrule_Field_1_Apr98_Comp.png (70KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
OoT-Hyrule_Field_1_Apr98_Comp.png
70KB, 320x240px
>>388327831
Hey you little bitch. Ocarina of Time did zelda right and Nintendo STILL haven't been able to replicate that genius. So Nintendo got insecure and threw all those concepts away for the open world meme. Botw is not good and it's not a groundbreaking game design revolution. Fuck off.
>>
>>388330245
>use wind jump
>break the dungeon design

Wow so gud
>>
>>388331323
>What I actually got
>Picture of a barren open world that serves no purpose because there's nothing to do between the hotspots
>draw distance, ps2 era textures
>>
>>388340327

>6 month old game gets more user scores than 4 year old "masterpiece"
LOL
>>
>>388339751
That sure is a nice kitty you got there
>>
>>388331323
I really enjoy this game but whoever made this was seriously butmad
Thread posts: 502
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.