[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CRIPPLE SONIC HAS TO GO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 32

File: comparison 2.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
comparison 2.webm
2MB, 720x576px
Boostshit games give Sonic this crippled movement where when inputting a certain direction, he'll move in a more diagonal direction. So if I input up then right, he goes up+right instead of going right. I understand what momentum is, but this is fucking retarded. Sonic should not move like a car. Sonic is platforming before speed. You do slow platforming, then you get to run around and go through loops at full speed. Platforming can not be done with these stupid car controls, which is exactly why boost games push all the platforming to the 2D sections. This is fucking ridiculous and you boostshitters need to realize it. I recorded footage from SA1 and Generations to show the comparison. See how sharply Sonic moves in SA1? Then see how fucking retarded Sonic moves in Generations? You tell me which one you think works better with platforming. I even recorded gameplay from Mario 64 just to see how the control compared to SA1 and surprise, Mario controls nearly identical to Sonic. When I push up then right, Mario goes up and then goes directly right. Sonic's movement is definitely a little sharper than Mario's, but it's almost the exact same. So if that control style can work for Mario why can't it work for Sonic? Is it because he "moves too fast"? I already told you, when platforming comes into play, you slow down. The only time you go fast is when you have big open areas to freely move. It's not like that 1:1 control style doesn't work when going fast either, because it does. Sonic can easily curve and turn just as he would with real momentum. Sonic doesn't need to control like a car just to do this kind of shit.
>>
File: mario comparison.webm (3MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
mario comparison.webm
3MB, 720x576px
mario 64 comparison
>>
Probably because the boost games aren't about platforming as much as they are GOING SUPER FAST.

Pretty sure you can turn around like that in Lost World.
>>
>>387433690
It's not about turning around, it's about having sharp movement. When I turn right, I wanna go right, not go up+right like the shitty cripple sonic does
>>
>>387433501
0;28 you can platform it's just different and
https://youtu.be/MsCNKqw6BoM?t=28s
>>
>>387434264
how was that even platforming? He just boosted over everything. If you go and play that level right now, you'll see what I'm talking about. It's fucking shit. Boostshit controls that make you feel like you're on ice
>>
>>387434201
Yeah Lost World plays like that due to open level design
>>
>>387434792
good to see Sonic Team made one good decision. Too bad they're going back to crippleshit with Forces
>>
>>387433501
I feel a big thing to note is that Adventure-Era Sonic can play through a Modern Sonic level easily, but the inverse isn't true.

It is simplified in a bad way.
>>
>>387434952
Lost world was a pretty shitty game though.
It's controls didn't save it's terrible design choices.
>>
>>387433678

Are you retarded? Can't you see the clear difference? Mario has momentum and he actually curves and leans when turning, like the "boostshit" games, but in a much less obvious way since he's not going ULTRA FAST. Sonic just immediately dashes to the direction you pushed with no momentum, like someone's first attempt at making a 3D game.

Also please start using a name so I can filter you, these threads are shit.
>>
>>387435357
>it's
retard
>>
>>387434964
>Adventure-Era Sonic can play through a Modern Sonic level easily

Adventure Sonic can't even play through an Adventure level easily
>>
>>387435493
A grammar error does not make what I said wrong.
>>
File: xfggh.jpg (76KB, 985x544px) Image search: [Google]
xfggh.jpg
76KB, 985x544px
>>387434685
it still require timing just like regular platforming. i already play this game and that this is one of my favourite stages. i usually just boost over the middle platform because it's easier but it's slower so it balances out. the guy in vid had to time the boost to land on the platform then time the jump when he landing platform. you also have to be more precise since you can only boost in one direction in the air.
>>
>>387435357
You're right, it wasn't a good game, but god damn at least it was a step in a good direction instead of boostshit
>>
>>387435828
I honestly couldn't give a fuck about adventure or boost style gamplay.
Just give me Chao garden back.
>>
>>387433501
You have autism.
>>
>>387434964
I agree with this. It's obviously simplified but so much so that it actually becomes restrictive. What a shame.
>>
>>387433501
We had this thread yesterday, the only people supporting Adventure style were two autists that couldn't get through their thick skull on how shit the Adventure games were. Boostkino wins every time.
>>
>>387435449
Stupid fucking boostshitter, did you not read the OP? I clearly said that Sonic's movement was sharper than Mario's. Mario's curve barely makes a change in direction. Watch the shadows. Cripple Sonic's curve takes him way off course. No it's not because he's "going ultra fast". Did you see the Generations clip? I wouldn't call that fast.
If you don't like the truth, ignore the thread
>>387435697
I like this stage myself because it's the most 3D platform oriented one in Generations, but the controls are shit. A lot of the time you will slip into the lava when trying to make precise movement with Cripple Sonic's shitty car controls
>>
>>387436396
Stupid boostshitter. Fuck off back to your temple run QTE hallway simulator games.
>>
>>387435449
Are you retarded? Can't you even understand what the problem is with Generations Sonic even after OP spelled it out for you in his post? The problem isn't curving when he turns, the problem is that when going from up to right and holding right, Sonic won't be moving right, he'll instead be moving up+right, as though you had turned the wheel on a car instead of pushed a stick in a different direction, which is absurd.
>>
>>387434201
You do realize that in real life you can't suddenly start moving right without forward momentum right? Strafing/sidestepping doesn't count.
>>
>>387436585
No shit. Read the OP. This isn't about realism, this about what works best for a platformer
>>
>>387434201
then you drift.

Sonic is a car now
>>
>>387436396
The Adventure gameplay is closer to what Classic Sonic in 3D, it uses slow acceleration for precision platforming ,but then gives you a high top speed.

That is what allows Sonic to be a strong platformer and an obstacle racing game at the same time.
>>
>>387436685
>car car car
I'm so sick of fucking hearing this. Can you imagine platforming in a racing game? NO. Car controls do not work in a platformer.
>>
File: 1502807749106.jpg (280KB, 914x808px) Image search: [Google]
1502807749106.jpg
280KB, 914x808px
There is no saving 3D Sonic, Sonic Team is too retarded. Just hope Sega keeps Taxman and crew to make more 2D
>>
>>387436708
>a complete lack of momentum is closer to Classic Sonic in 3D.
>>
>>387436708
>That is what allows Sonic to be a strong platformer and an obstacle racing game at the same time.
So... just like Boost games? The 2D sections of those games are far tighter in controls than Adventure titles. This is some next level hypocrisy if you're going to call Boost games pseudo QTE games yet say Adventure games have obstacle racing.

Just jump at the right time bro :^)
>>
>>387433501
Sonic should move like a car at fast speeds and like Mario at slow speeds. Generations does it and surprisingly it's the best of the 3D Sonic games.
>>
>>387437089
first off, that's not me.
Second off, he clearly said 3D not 2D. Boostshit games throw all the platforming into the 2D sections because they know Cripple Sonic's car control is dogshit when it comes to platforming
>>387437217
Did you watch the fucking webm? That's Generations Sonic at slow speed. Sure is like Mario, huh?
>>
>>387436585
You do realise that in real life hedgehogs don't turn blue from running at the speed of sound and then go off to fight the robotic armies of an egg-shaped madman, right?
>>
>>387436892
>What is Mario Kart
>>
>>387437396
Show me where in any Mario Kart there's fucking platforming
>>
File: fgsdfg.jpg (73KB, 962x546px) Image search: [Google]
fgsdfg.jpg
73KB, 962x546px
>>387436451
>A lot of the time you will slip into the lava when trying to make precise movement with Cripple Sonic's shitty car controls
that's what i like about it you have to practise certain platforming, but i hear ya i do miss being able to make sharp turns, being in full control. i also miss the cool little tricks you can do in sa2 like canceling the bounce into homing attack before you hit the floor to act like pseudo drop dash.
>>
>>387437327
Ive been lied to????
>>
>>387437652
what exactly is that arrow showing? This is like one of those youtube thumbnails when they put an arrow to a random object
>>
>>387437294
I did watch the webm. You can tell the swap from Mario mode to F-Zero car mode based on the pace of Sonic's feet. At slow speeds his feet match the ground he's running over 1:1 (and consequently, they move VERY fast). Once he gets up to a light jog suddenly his feet slow down substantially. Rewatch 13s-16s and 18s-21s. When his feet stop matching up to the ground is when he switches to "fast" mode.
>>
File: 1485384250813.png (67KB, 350x407px) Image search: [Google]
1485384250813.png
67KB, 350x407px
>>387437294
>Boostshit games throw all the platforming into the 2D sections because they know Cripple Sonic's car control is dogshit when it comes to platforming
Oh so Adventure Sonic's controls AREN'T dogshit when platforming.

Car controls are a fair compromise to make long winded speed sections actually tolerable to play. The way Adventure games try to shroud how shit Sonic is at high momentum is by making said long winded sections full of boostpads and scripted controls. Boost Sonic simply gives you the ability to actually play those sections without scripting and having your character model sperg about. In general, real platforming is better in 2D than 3D.
>>
>>387437294
>>387437969
All of his turns were done in "fast" mode.
>>
>>387437969
>>387438060
why don't i record more footage? This time making sure to tip toe? Will that appease you?
>>387438035
No, Adventure Sonic's controls are not dogshit when platforming. I'm sorry that you're bad at video games. Not even a joke, I've never seen anyone complain about the controls in regards to platforming. The glitches, the automation, the gameplay styles, I've seen everything be complained about except this. Also how the fuck is boosting through everything real gameplay? That's the same as just scripting everything. Have you ever played SA2 before anyway? Tons of fast paced sections that aren't scripted
>>
>>387437784
basically it's pointing to a 90 degree turn that you have to do manually, the other stuff is poorly drawn hearts( i used a mouse).
boost games and even adventure games would usually have the game turn for you by having boost panels played out on the ground.
>>
i like boost sonic games
they remind me of burnout and racing games
>>
File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>387438601
>tfw still no new burn out
>>
File: gru.jpg (26KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
gru.jpg
26KB, 512x512px
>>387433501
>>387433678

>nintendo 64 launched with mario 64
>wii launched with wii sports

>dreamcast launched with THAT

And people wonder why the Dreamcast flopped
>>
>>387438328
Dash Panels are worthless in boost games.
They were more necessary in the Adventure series for novice players to allow high speed gameplay without getting lost or falling off the stage.
>>
>>387438328
>No, Adventure Sonic's controls are not dogshit when platforming.
OK, let's hear your objective reasons on wh--
>I'm sorry that you're bad at video games.
Oh, I see, "git gud". Woah really fires my neurons. Plenty of people complain about how Sonic controls in Adventure games, stop pretending to be retarded for a second. I can perfectly playthrough SA1 and SA2 without any issues, doesn't change the fact that his movement is neither fluid or presented well. If someone released SA1 by today's standards it would be considered amateurish. The only point I'm going to give to you is SA2, despite the glaring flaws in actual game/level design Sonic and Shadow control fluidly in that game. Your main point of contention seems to be SA1 though.
>Also how the fuck is boosting through everything real gameplay?
Because it's not only boosting, shit like changing routes and avoiding obstacles still require you do something other than hold X, all boosting really does is give you course correction for forward momentum and keep the game's pace going.
>Have you ever played SA2 before anyway? Tons of fast paced sections that aren't scripted
Have YOU played SA2 before? The game is far more straight forward than most Sonic titles, boostpads and convenient grind rails fucking everywhere.
>>
>>387438871
the should have a hard mode to take them off.
>>
File: slow turn.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
slow turn.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>387437969
>>387438060
>>387438328
well, here it is. I'm using a D-Pad so as to really put emphasis on the input, thus that's the slowest I could get Sonic to mark those turns. Looks the same to me
>>387439164
They both control the same, retard. Sonic moves fluidly in both and reacts exactly to the input you make.
Oh yeah, pressing a trigger to shift lanes or doing a jump. Wow. That's some fucking stupid temple run QTE shit right there.
I play SA2 every fucking day. A lot of the levels are more linear than SA1 but they are way more open and free than the boostshit we get now. Not to mention that most boost pads and grind rails can be completely avoided for an alternate route
>>
>"Boost games"

When did this meme start?
>>
All of you 3D Sonic Shitters can fuck off.
>>
>>387439587
the second boost game after rush?
>>
File: 1484700040118.jpg (16KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
1484700040118.jpg
16KB, 235x214px
>>387439587
By adventurefags who refuse to see current Sonic games as the natural evolution of the games they worship.
>>387439503
>They both control the same, retard. Sonic moves fluidly in both and reacts exactly to the input you make.
No, blatantly wrong. SA1 Sonic is far more jittery than SA2 Sonic. SA1 Sonic can barely run straight without some collision-fuckery sending him down to the abyss.
>Oh yeah, pressing a trigger to shift lanes or doing a jump. Wow. That's some fucking stupid temple run QTE shit right there.
You asked me if simply boosting through everything is real gameplay, I proved my point by saying it's not just boosting. Stop moving the goalpost when you can't defend your shaky arguments.
>A lot of the levels are more linear than SA1 but they are way more open and free than the boostshit we get now.
Is this the part where you pretend as if Boost games don't have alternate routes? SA1 is a lot more open than both SA2 and Boost games, true, but that doesn't change the fact that SA1 is crap.
>>
>A game with completely different gameplay and level design control differently
Amazing. The controls in Boostshit games being more car like doesn't make the game worse, since they're all about moving forward and doing reaction based button presses. Not so much about precision platforming.
>>
>>387439503
Actually you're right, at slow speeds it does still resolve to 120. I never really noticed that. That said I never had a problem with the controls in Generations and never felt like I was pressing a direction and not going that direction. I remember reading something like there are a bunch of invisible rails in the levels and Sonic will attempt to snap to the rails whenever possible. These rails are also what classic Sonic locks to when spin dashing. Maybe it feels like it plays well because under normal circumstances you're going to be running and jumping with the level and locking onto a rail, whereas when you explicitly try to break it and show off a slow just it reveals the truth?
>>
>>387433501
>boostshit will never go away
>we will never get a 3d sonic game as good as sa2 ever again
>>
Sonic was never meant for 3 dimensions.
>>
File: sonic adventure_1.webm (3MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
sonic adventure_1.webm
3MB, 720x576px
>>387440356
Collision glitches are not related to controls. But I'm gonna record gameplay just to show you that SA1 Sonic is the exact same as SA2 Sonic
Fine, you're right, it is more than just boosting. It's worse than just boosting. It's fucking garbage that's no better than that Sonic dash mobile game
No, Boostshit does have alternate routes. I'm saying that the levels are far more contained into corridors with strict pathways as opposed to SA's more open level design. See webm related for context
>>387440512
It does make the game worse because when you do come into contact with platforming, it's fucking shit. But yeah, boostgames hardly do shit like that, because they're too busy being fucking garbage QTE auto runner shit
>>387440657
Yep. Boostshit puts you on the rails all the time. It's awful. Most of the time you won't notice the control issue because you're not really doing much that involves it. As >>387434964 said, if you were to use that control in an Adventure stage, you'd see the issues
>>
>>387440743
>>we will never get a 3d sonic game as good as sa2 ever again

And thank god for that.
>>
>>387440957
If it dropped the simple "Get to the Goal" type objective it would be a lot better.
>>
>>387440957
sure he was

you can actually see in front of sonic, so sonic games would be better in 3d if sega did them right
>>
What is with all these threads recently about boostfags and moving?
>>
>>387436898
This desu. Sonic team have been trying to make a good 3D Sonic for almost twenty years and they have yet to really nail a game that can be compared to the genesis era
>>
>>387441160
we've reached the point where people finally realize good 3d platformers must have tight controls
>>
>>387440512
But is that faithful to Sonic's origins? By having speed be so easily acquired and not used in gameplay it shirks what Sonic was founded off in the first place. The Adventure games were buggy but did a far better job of unifying the philosophies even if they still had a way to go. That's something that could easily be focused on if they continued with that style though, while instead they're moving further and further away.
>>
>>387441187
uh, if you take away the bosses and non sonic/shadow stages, sa2 is just as good as any genesis game
>>
>>387441187
I don't see how Adventure 1 Sonic played badly.
>>
i wonder if OP likes "Yo! Noid 2"
>>
File: sonic4.png (300KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
sonic4.png
300KB, 640x357px
>>387441187
To be fair, SEGA have tried making 2D games and they can't get that right either
>>
>>387441430
They did it right with the Advance series.
>>
>>387441091
You mean Knuckles levels in Adventure games? I like them
>>
>>387441475
>they
It's Dimps, you mongoloid.
>>
>>387441490
Kind of yeah, or I would even say that Shadow the Hedgehog was onto something but the majority of levels being linear killed that.
>>
>>387440982
>if you were to use that control in an Adventure stage, you'd see the issues
If you were to play a modern stage as Adventure Sonic you'd also see issues though because it's actually hard to control something that fast. You'd need very good reflexes and even then there'd be trial and error. Boost and rails are there to give you the illusion of speed without sacrificing playability and making a game only for people with the top 1% in dexterity and reflexes.
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>this guy is still going at it
>>
>>387441475
Sonic Advance 1 was ok but it didn't hold a candle in comparison to the Genesis trilogy. The other DIMPS games aren't worth talking about.
>>
>>387433501
Man you are on a serious campaign to shitpost this aren't you? I liked the Adventure games but having that quick snap in direction makes the controls jank as fuck when going fast and have caused many problems for the average person playing those games.
>>
>>387441669
Advance 3 is pretty good.
Advance 1 is better than Sonic 1.
>>
>>387441187
>Sonic team have been trying to make a good 3D Sonic for almost twenty years
They honestly haven't. They constantly mix their 3D Sonic devtime with trying to add multiple other gameplay styles and ideas alongside it, these get more hate than they deserve in some cases but it still remains that it takes up valuable devtime that they were often starved of, and instead of working out the kinks they do the exact same thing (SA1 to SA2 still had alt playstyles and bugs, Generations to Forces looks almost identical) or abandon their previous gameplay model entirely.
>>
Doesn't snapping into different directions mean there's no punishment for slow reaction timing?
>>
>>387441669
>Advance 1 getting praise for being easy with basic platforming and doing absolutely nothing new yet again
They're all great games and 2 was the best one.
>>
>>387441713
Then really Shadow may have been onto something too, a strafe button probably could have allowed more flexibility in control.

>>387441798
Even Lost World has these issues when it is only Sonic and the way he controls is solid.
>>
>>387433501
>>387433678
You realize it's like that because in the 2D games he has to pick up speed before running too, right?
>>
>>387433501
You're retarded and autistic. Boost is superior. Kill yourself.
>>
>People are actually defending the Boost ITT.
I know this fanbase can be dogshit, but I at least thought everyone in it knew the concept of actual gameplay.
>>
File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
>Man, I'm sure if Sonic Team brought back Adventure style gameplay and removed boost then they'd finally get it right this tim--!
>>
>>387442017
That's why I think Adventure is a more faithful adaptation of the classic Sonic formula.

Again, the biggest thing preventing Adventure 1 Sonic/Tails from feeling like they did in the classic games was the level design that was restrictive and locked them on a linear path.

If you gave them more open levels, then the controls would stop feeling like an issue and there would be no need for Dash Pads. If you ever enjoyed running around the hub world, (Especially the Mystic Ruins) this is why.
>>
>>387442168
That's only because OP is baiting for like-minded autists like himself.
>>
>>387442170
>Posting Sonic Xtreme 2: Super Mario Galaxy.
>>
>>387442170
They did, they just butchered it in the same way they did the Adventure games.
They forced in alternate playstyles like grinding levels, snowball levels, and STEALTH sections.
>>
File: adventure comparison.webm (3MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
adventure comparison.webm
3MB, 720x576px
>>387440356
>>387440982
Here it is. He moves straight forward, he does circles, he reacts to my exact input. He even collides with objects and doesn't fall into the void. Hmm. Exactly like SA2 Sonic...
>>387441621
You can literally recreate Adventure Sonic by just not boosting. The games play perfectly fine except for the shitty car turns, which can't be fixed.
>>387441713
For the casuals you mean?
>>387441902
Yes. But it also means that platforming is smoother
>>387442060
Fuck off stupid boostshitter
>>387442170
I haven't actually played this one so I can't say anything for it. Would you like to explain why it's bad?
>>
>>387442281
Well that's basically what Sonic Utopia showed off but they used Classic Sonic to nail the point.
>>
>>387441967
Lost World is in the "abandon previous gameplay model entirely" court and has it's own issues. It doesn't play anything like Adventure or Generations.
>>
>>387442407
>playing the inferior gcn version
At least post dreamcast footage so you don't actually sound half the faggot you actually are
>>
>>387442281
>that locked them onto a linear path
???
You were allowed to go through all kinds of shortcuts and alternate paths via stuff like >>387440982
>>
What's will all these threads about "Boostshit" and comparison webms lately? Is OP like the Barneyfag of Sonic games?
>>
>>387442508
I personally prefer the DC version. Give me 10 more minutes and I'll have your footage
>>
>>387442407
>I haven't actually played this one so I can't say anything for it. Would you like to explain why it's bad?
Someone post the physics webm.
That said it was an alright platformer.
>>
>>387433501
Sonic Adventure is a bad game though
>>
>>387442457
Remember not only was the first Sonic Adventure made by most of the original team, but it was designed to be a classic game.

The fear with SEGA was probably how to make good, large level design. You can clearly see by the original Windy Valley stages and probably even the existence of the Hub Worlds themselves that they knew open ended gameplay was when Sonic was most fun.

>>387442517
Yes, but that was clearly breaking from the intended path. This is much like in the classic games of using skilled platforming or momentum exploits to reach a secret area.
>>
>>387436396
>Boostkino
Fitting since boostshit might as well be a movie.
>>
File: 1502302137597.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502302137597.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>387433501
As expected of the Sonic fanbase.
>>
File: 1491021379638.jpg (49KB, 493x239px) Image search: [Google]
1491021379638.jpg
49KB, 493x239px
Both gameplay styles have their merits. Boost control works well with higher speeds whereas Adventure is better with precision platforming. A mixture of both would be preferable but ST would probably dick it up so I'd rather have them refine what they're comfortable with instead.

we now return to your previously scheduled "screeching autist with webms"
>>
Sonic Adventure was linear as fuck and a lot of the time you'd be put on rails where the game freaks the fuck out if you go any direction other than forward. Boost shit might be linear but at least it feels much faster.
>>
>>387442921
They did solve it in Sonic Lost World.
In Sonic Lost World, when using a spindash Sonic begins to control like a car. It is your fastest movement of speed, but hardest to control.
Your other methods of control have him make sharp turns like the Adventure games.
>>
What was everyone's favorite zone in Lost World? Windy Hill? Windy Hill in a desert? Windy Hill in a beach? Windy Hill in the snow? Windy Hill in a forest? Windy Hill in the sky? Windy Hill in a volcano?
>>
>>387443327
Windy Hill but I really do like Desert Ruins as the big open areas are a lot of fun to move quickly through since you can actually plan your route through those areas.
>>
>>387443327
The problem with Lost World is that there wasn't enough creativity, but the way Sonic handles in 3D sections is a blast.
>>
File: adventure comparison1.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
adventure comparison1.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>387442508
Here.
>>387442753
>>387442891
boostshitters fuck off
>>387443067
Fucking liar. Have you even played the Adventure games? You're rarely put on rails and you're constantly given freedom to go your own way
>>387442921
SA and SA2 both work fine at high speed. Besides, this goes farther than just controls. Boostshit is fucking garbage all around
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzfxG6pqGE
>>
>>387433501
Modern Sonic has dog shit tier physics. It's all about the boostshit anyway.
>>
>>387443686
this shit really gets my brain up and running. Like who played Sonic Lost World and thought "yep, Jimmy Neutron should be in this"?
>>
>>387443723
which has to be padded with 2d sections and werehogs (wolfhedgehogs).
>>
>>387433501
Oh wow, I think I found the sort of retard who'd actually prefer sonic 4 over the classics
>>
Sonic Lost World at times feels like classic Sonic game.
Like it feels like you stuck Modern Sonic in a classic game.
>>
>>387444072
fuck no. I hate Sonic 4, it's fucking garbage. This is not about classic Sonic, this is about modern Sonic
>>
So in conclusion, Sonic Lost World plays well and Sonic Team cannot even see a working template through an entire game before scrapping it.
>>
File: 1503004193230.jpg (122KB, 728x391px) Image search: [Google]
1503004193230.jpg
122KB, 728x391px
>>387443660
>he fucking keeps posting
>he even made little webms
This is weapons grade autism. You need to hop off the spectrum for a second and think about what you are doing.
>>
>>387444430
"plays well" is not the words that immediately come to mind when seeing Lost World.
>>387445682
>it's autism for someone to actually back up their views with examples and evidence
He's autistic in some other regards but when the fuck did it become wrong to actually put some effort in discussing videogames on a videogames board?
>>
Lost World would be great to build upon.
>>
>>387445682
What's the big deal? I'm pointing out problems in modern Sonic games and talking about how these problems previously didn't exist. Then I make a webm as proof. Sorry that I'm discussing video games and providing evidence with my claims?
>>
>>387445953
It plays well in the 3D sections.
>>
File: 5111223535252.png (287KB, 529x559px) Image search: [Google]
5111223535252.png
287KB, 529x559px
>>387434685
>How is timing jumps platforming
>>
>>387435449
Mario's body curves. Not his movement. Its just an animation design choice.
>>
>>387433501
>cripple sonic
Thanks for reminding me of this, asshole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgYiGUr3WJk
>>
Lost World is a lot of fun.
>>
>>387446287
Chili Dogs look fucking disgusting
>>
>>387442170
>unironically one of my favorite Sonic
One day I'll get all the hate over this game
>>
>>387446196
The exact part that he told me to watch was just a guy jumping up and then boosting in the air
>>
File: Mania.png (1MB, 1002x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Mania.png
1MB, 1002x1125px
>No Amy
No buy.
>>
>>387447159
>Boosted over everything
>Clearly touching the ground several times

We can't help if you're blind
>>
>>387447264
*buys two copies*
>>
>>387446026
You're the only one who cares this much
Seriously re-evaluate yourself and you're obnoxious posting every fucking day of the same shit despite everyone calling you retarded and you moving the goalposts more
>>
>>387447358
0:28 you stupid fuck. He boosts to the other platform then jumps on the spring.
>>387447474
Fuck off boostshitter. I'm gonna post this every single day until you guys realize I'm right
>>
>>387446196
how is it not. how do you platform at without timing.
>>387447159
it was timed if you just jump and boost with no timing you'll end up in the lava.
>>
>>387447369
Thanks.
>>
I bet OP didn't even play Lost World despite wanting a 3D Sonic that doesn't have boost.
>>
>>387447796
I'm gonna play that level and just jump and boost, you'll fucking see. Give me 5 minutes
>>
File: 3rrwe.jpg (85KB, 968x542px) Image search: [Google]
3rrwe.jpg
85KB, 968x542px
>>387447704
are you blind jumps on two platforms then hits the spring.
>>
>>387447969
boots up generations to makes sure i'm not wrong*
>>
>>387447961
I haven't. I already admitted to that. It's not only boost that I dislike. Read the thread next time
>>
>>387446221
Look again, his movement does indeed curve. It's a fairly tight arc, especially if you're not moving very fast, but he does not turn on a dime. Better yet, play the game yourself and you'll learn.
Mario can only change directions on a dime in particular circumstances; if memory serves, he not only has to be moving very slowly, but you have to turn completely around (like, at least 135 degrees or so) or he will move in an arc.
>>
OP, learn to make proper webms already, you fucking autist.
>>
>>387447973
Well excuse me, I didn't see that jump. I thought it was just Sonic boosting above the platform
>>387448162
Tell me how. I currently just use XMedia and it gives that letterbox form. Then I have to compress it because /v/ has a tiny file size limit
>>
>>387433501
>nigger sonic
>pint-size sonic
>and now cripple sonic
Why are there so many autistic sonics
I mean, everyone knows that this fanbase attracts sperglords but this is ridiculous
>>
>>387448045
What's wrong with that game then to you?
>>
>>387447474
The more people actually caring about videogames and where they're going the better. His approach is wrong and instead of screaming about the turning controls (which he's right about anyway, wider turns should be attached to rolling) he should mention how the game's overall level focus on moving forward severely hampers exploration and using speed to do so since the token platforming that's in there is either detached from speed or circumvented entirely with boost (which is a single button instead of building it up). The Adventure series didn't have much in the way of momentum but was better at using the speed you have to explore and go further like the older games. Nothing's stopping you from going into any of the several other threads that are open.
>>
>>387448278
what the fuck is pint sized sonic?
>>
>>387448270
Use ffmpeg or WebM for Retards, retard.
>>
>>387448345
You don't want to know
>>
The truth is there is no one right way to make a 3D Sonic anymore, only make 3D Sonics.
>>
>Adventurd vs boostshit
Who cares when Utopia gets it right? Even Green Hill Paradie Act 2 is well above anything sega has done

All the official games have to gimp sonic in some way to deal with poor design decisions and bad physics. Boostshit is just gimping in a way that still makes a pleasant experience
>>
>>387448321
I just told you, I haven't played Lost World. If you read the thread I complained about other stuff in boostgames though. I.e. corrider levels, QTE shit, on the rails gameplay, etc.
>>387448402
okay, thank you
>>
>>387433501
>brainlet adventure players still can't understand Boostkino
It's fine, you'll hit puberty some day.
>>
>>387437327
NANI
>>
>>387448345
Your dick and social life
>>
>>387448564
>kino
>>>/tv/
>>
>>387448602
sigh, you got me. Sometimes my mom makes me get naked and then get on all fours. She teases me about my micropenis and then says I'm a pathetic loser who will never make her proud. Then she screams at me and makes me tell her that I'm a loser bitch and I'm sorry
>>
>>387441358
>If you take away everything that makes the game shitty, it's a great game.
No shit sherlock.
>>
>>387448548
And if you need to edit clips together like in OP, just concat them in ffmpeg.
>>
>>387448548
And you think all those complaints apply to that game as well?
>>
>>387448773
NO. How many times am I gonna tell you, I haven't played Lost World so I can't say anything for it
>>
>>387448853
Why don't you just play it then?
>>
>>387448902
Please don't, ho won't bother to learn the controls and then will complain that the game sucks like most purists in the """fan"""base
>>
>>387448902
It looks boring. I can't say anything for gameplay, but from what I've seen it just looks like a bland waste of money
>>
>>387449094
It is a lot of fun and costs practically as much as Mania.
>>
the temple run segments in generations make sonic automatically walk forward and turn to stay on the road.
nier automata could be a great sonic game if you keep the camera and the movement options and just sprinkle some start and finish lines into the city.
>>
>>387449136
maybe I'll try it out
>>
File: boostkino.png (347KB, 1370x609px) Image search: [Google]
boostkino.png
347KB, 1370x609px
>>
>>387443152
Don't you automatically enter a spindash state at top speed, or am I thinking of some other game?
>>
>>387436585
you are wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1CAOEW7TXg
>>
File: 1496339660214.jpg (88KB, 453x695px) Image search: [Google]
1496339660214.jpg
88KB, 453x695px
>>387433501
We had this exact thread yesterday you autist.
>>
>>387447264
Someone will probably mod Amy into the PC version someday
>>
>>387449485
It functions like a boost essentially.
>>
Since Sonic 06 I feel the controls of Sonic are completely fucking retarded in all 3D games, like he's skating all the time.
>>
File: a.webm (3MB, 572x356px) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
3MB, 572x356px
testing out the new webms. Looking kind of grainy even though I selected high quality video mode. Guess it's this or letterbox
>>387449325
stupid boostshitter
>>387449569
yes i know, I made it
>>
SA1 and Boostshit both do it wrong. You're right about your analysis of Boostshit, but you're a fool for thinking that this means that SA1 automatically does a good job. Your nostalgia is likely clouding your judgment.
Whereas Boost games make the mistake of sacrificing satisfying controls to maintain a feeling of momentum, Adventure physics fail to have any meaningful sense of momentum at all. While it might allow for more precision and immediate responsiveness, it doesn't feel natural or satisfying. Sonic being able to turn almost immediately regardless of his speed makes his speed feel fake and is highly counterintuitive. Being able to immediately translate your speed in one direction to any other direction just feels wrong, especially if you've played a game that gets it right.
Like in Mario 64, where there's a turning radius when you try to switch directions. Best way to see this is to run in as tight a circle as possible, and you'll notice it. Try a webm comparison of doing that in Mario and Sonic, and you'll learn something. Add to this the fact that Sonic moves significantly faster than Mario; the faster you're moving, the wider the turning radius should be, but SA1 vs Mario 64 is the other way around.
A 3D Sonic needs to have a combination of 3 things: speed, momentum, and responsiveness. This is a difficult balance to strike, so Sonic Team has always cut out one of these factors to make it easier. The Adventure style games cut out momentum, and the Boost games cut out responsiveness.
>>
>>387450115
How do you feel about Heroes? It's arguably the game that tries to balance the 3.
>>
>>387450115
Didn't Heroes fix it somewhat?
>>
>>387433501
is this an example of this autism i've been hearing about
>>
If you have a 360/PS3 and Sonic Unleashed

Get the DLC packs with Apotos and Holoska. Apotos act 4 and Holoska act 3 are kino. And all the DLCs have several good night levels that make good use of the swinging and skips.
>>
>>387450115
The Adventure games have momentum, but not in regards to changing movement. If you try building up speed or jumping with different speeds, you see the momentum. But yes, there is none when turning or shifting directions. I'd like to see a Sonic game balance all three, but as it stands it hasn't worked. See Heroes for example. Because of that, I feel that the Adventure style of more satisfying controls should be what Sonic Team works with ATM as it'd prefer tight controls to momentum in direction changes
>>
>>387450679
*as I'D prefer
>>
>>387450551
yep. pure kino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIJZMvGL1Ew
>>
>>387450329
>>387450363
I've replayed the Adventure games fairly recently but I haven't touched Heroes since I was a kid, so my memory is vague. I don't remember it feeling any better than the Adventure games, and I seem to recall being frustrated by the janky stuff that would always kill me, but I'd really have to pick it up again to be able to say. The basic physics might very well be better than Adventure despite all the unpolished bits.
>>
>>387450905
I wish they just made Sonic Unleashed 2 but all Sonic levels.. That would be one of the best sonic games ever.
Hell, even a full 3D Sonic game with Unleashed's daytime level design would do.
>>
>>387450115
Eh I wouldn't say the Adventure games cut out momentum. Strictly in regards to turning but that's not really super important, doing things like spindashing off a hill into a jump to get extra height etc all work because of momentum. I don't really care if turning fast while moving fast isn't "realistic", it feels fine to play.
>>
>>387451063
>I wish they just made Sonic Unleashed 2 but all Sonic levels
That's pretty much Colors anon.
>>
>>387451183
way too much 2D
>>
>>387450905
Isn't it beautiful? So fast. So stylish. More 3D in that one level than the entirety of Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. Where did it all go wrong with the boost....Sonic Team died after 2010
>>
>>387451183
>That's pretty much Colors anon.

Generations fits the bill more
>>
>>387450905
>>387451267
Am I in the twilight zone or something? Outside of that one platforming moment over spikes the level was almost entirely focused on just side stepping, which is alright in moderation and combined with the other stage aspects but here those barely show up and it just looks like the poster child for why boost as a template is so restrictive. And I thought Generations was alright with it's layouts despite that and definitely did more in it's levels than this one does.
>>
>>387451836
Can you play the level like that? Do you have an S rank and can do it under a minute?
>>
>>387433501
boostshit is a challenge to platform accurately while going fast. git gud.
>>
>>387435357
Lost World's controls were terrible though.
Sonic lost a shit ton of speed whenever he turned slightly, the run button acceleration is bizarrely quick, Sonic's air speed was shit, and parkour was slow and mainly useless in 3D sections.

3DS version did the controls and parkour better, but suffered from even more frustrating level design.
>>
>>387441550
But Sonic 4 is also Dimps.
>>
>>387452235
I don't notice any loss of speed, if anything Sonic moves too fast in the air and when turning.
>>
File: new_disco.gif (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
new_disco.gif
7KB, 150x150px
as long as we never get something that controls like sonic heroes again, i'm happy.
>>
>>387452379
Find any 3D area that is a cylinder (which is basically half the game).

Run forward and backward, you go pretty fast.
Now compare Sonic's speed running left/right along the curve of the cylinder, or even at a diagonal. Its a lot slower.
>>
>>387450921
Heroes physics are bad. When moving slow, control can be stiff. After you've built up some speed things get kind of smooth, but if you hit full speed things become too fast to control. On the bright side, there is momentum when changing directions, but it's not much and as I said when at full speed it's practically impossible to even change directions.
>>387451836
yes my comment on "pure kino" was sarcastic
>>387452171
Platforming when moving fast in general is hard, that's why no game does it. Boostshit doesn't either. You always slow down when you do platforming, that is if you're not already doing it in 2D
>>
>>387452889
>You always slow down when you do platforming
you choose to slow down for platforming because you can't git gud
>>
>>387451938
What would that have to do with the level being entirely straight lines and using sidesteps almost exclusively?
>>
>>387453020
okay, boostshitter, record yourself doing platforming while going fast. I've recorded evidence for all my claims, it's your turn now
>>
>>387453137
watch literally any speedrun
>>
>>387452806
That was probably done to make the control more accessible.

>>387453020
Sonic moves slower in 2D sections.
>>
>>387453206
I literally can't because every speedrun either has no 3D platforming or involves clipping through objects. I'm not gonna waste my whole day looking for this shit. If you can find a video where they do platforming fast, feel free to post it here. I'd be happy to watch it
>>
>>387453608
Here >>387434264
>>
>>387454780
Alright, you got me. Congrats. I retract my statement that boostshit does not do platforming fast. Too bad the rest of the games still suck
>>
In reality the Modern Sonic formula right now isn't too far off from the Adventure formula, they just cut down on meaningless space, slapped in a lot of 2D sadly, and essentially made the entire game scripted. I love just about every Sonic game but the formula for Modern is getting a little dry

> Boost for a little and drift
> Homing attack some enemies
> Get launched into a long 2D segment that takes up a majority of the level
> Boost through a long hallway to the end

As trash as 06 was, it had some decent formula minus the glitches. Give us 3 acts, one for the roaming around and controlling Sonic, another for the boost style gameplay, and a 3rd act as a mix of both.
>>
>>387433501
Stop using adventure 1 in comparison. Its shit. At least use adventure 2.
>>
>>387455127
Sonic 06 has lots of good level design. Tropical jungle, dusty desert, white acropolis, and kingdom valley are my favorites. Wave ocean is also a great intro level with a good amount of paths
>>
>>387455248
adventure 1 > adventure 2
fuck your spindash delay and grinding
>>
>>387455342
w-why don't you like grinding?
>>
File: sonic adventure 2.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
sonic adventure 2.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>387455248
They're both the same thing in terms of gameplay and controls. The only real difference is that SA2 Sonic stages are a bit more linear and faster paced. I've also used SA2 for comparison as well. When I say "adventure" I'm talking about both. If I'm talking about one specifically, I put the number by the initials, i.e. SA1 and SA2
>>387455342
The spindash delay is kind of annoying. Grinding's fine in moderation, just like any other scripted event
>>
>>387433501
Do you know what momentum is fuckass?
>>
>>387455905
Literally the third sentence, you stupid fuck
>>
>>387455719
now that i think about it grinding is pretty much the same as all those loops that force you to run through them
screw the mech levels though, SA1 tails gameplay was fine
>>
Why aren't there any sa 1&2 stage mods.
>>
>>387456315
there are some for SA1
>>
>>387456315
Too much work and it's likely harder to do than in games like Generations or Lost World
There is that one windy valley mod though
>>
Honestly 2D Sonic and 3D Sonic should have separate games from now on. Classic lovers dislike the boost shit, and Modern lovers dislike half the stages being 2D segments. However, Sonic Team is basically incapable of giving up good 3D gameplay without the stages being essential hallways with mediocre side branches here and there alongside pointless drifting and enemy placement.

The real issue is, Sonic feels too confined in these hallway like areas or straight away segments, meanwhile if we do give him space retarded players will crash into walls and complain about momentum physics and shit.

Lost Worlds may have been mediocre to most but it did some things correct. Limiting 2D to specific stages, giving 3D stages more exploration and a ton of branched paths alongside balancing the Spindash so it wasn't as bad as the boost but still quick if you knew how to maneuver. Plus there was good platforming too, only issue I have is that some stages had pretty bland gimmicks like pushing puzzles, the bosses were pretty fucking child tier easy but eh.
>>
>>387456993
no. you will get your hallways and 2D shit and like it
>>
>>387456993
I dont care for the platforming in 3D sonic. That shit should be locked to the 2D games. 3D sonic games should feel and look very cool to play, making sonic a daredevil and putting him in impossible situations like sa2, heroes, unleashed, generations had.
>>
>>387441720
>Advance 3 is pretty good.
*Advance 2
>>
>>387456993
Yes. Modern Sonic should go back to the open fully 3D levels he had in the early 3D games.
>>387457302
Fuck you. Sonic can be fast and look cool to play without turning into sonic bandicoot on rails. Just look at Metal Harbor. Fast, awesome to look at, and it's an open, fully 3D stage
>>
>>387456993
It balanced the spindash by limiting your control, essentially capturing the spirit of the original spindash from the classic games.

It is the one thing I think Lost World did better design wise over Adventure 1. But I think Lost World was a better approach than the boost formula.
>>
>>387457430
>Advance 2
>good
In what Universe? It literally has the worst level design of the Advance games.
>>
>>387457441
>Metal Harbor

How can someone talk about "fully open 3D levels" and then cite a level like Metal Harbor? It's literally just a prototype Boost stage. The extra "freedom" you have in SA2 only makes the game jankier and more awkward when you lose speed or fall off the stage for arbitrary reasons.

> without turning into sonic bandicoot on rails

Nigga, SA2 levels are exactly that, how high on that nostalgia are you?
>>
>>387457630
the spindash in the classic games is really easy to control.
>>
>>387457651
>It literally has the worst level design of the Advance games.
says the man saying Sonic CD with Chaotix gimmick has good level design
>>
> Sonic Adventure 1&2 are remastered in Generations tier graphic alongside revamped physics
> Big is removed from 1 and replaced by Metal Sonic as part of the story and given his own unique techniques albeit being somewhat similar to Sonic
> World map is more expansive to travel around if you get bored and want muh Open World game

How would you feel?
>>
>>387441362
Uhhh anon have you played it recently?
>>
>>387457651
tbqh family Sonic Advance 3 has the worst level design. There's basically shit everywhere and hardly any concrete path, not to mention finding Chao's and the stages being designed exclusively for Sonic and the flying characters for the most part.
>>
Do people hate rail grinding that much? I know it's essentially as bad as the hallway shit, it just throws you forward and you can jump between rails but it looked pretty bad ass. I could see them making specific acts dedicated to rail grinding for a majority though like Sky Canyon or whatever it was called in Heroes.
>>
>>387457904
>There's basically shit everywhere and hardly any concrete path
Not him but I never understood this complaint, especially since it applies more to Advance 2 than anything else.
>>
>>387437217
>Sonic should move like a car
Nope. That's retarded and feels like shit in the boost games. Sonic has always been portrayed as nimble even at top speeds. There's no reason he should steer like a barge.
>>
File: comparison.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>387457696
You're right, it was a bad choice. I should've said Green Forest, a stage with much more open space and platforming.
>janky
>awkward
get fucking good. I hate these stupid excuses, I never have these problems. Just like any game, you have to get used to the control, that's nothing new. Once you've gotten used to it, you shouldn't have these problems
>SA2 is corridors where you're constantly locked onto rails
Funny. Just compare Green Hill from SA2 and Green Hill from Generations
>>
>>387458251
It applies to neither, both games have great level design and I think you both are crazy. Advance 3 has plenty of breakable walls so it's not just for speed and flight teams.
>>
File: 1338920685355.png (125KB, 418x463px) Image search: [Google]
1338920685355.png
125KB, 418x463px
>you will never care about anything as much as this one guy cares about how Sonic handles
>>
>>387458110
Rail grinding's not bad, but it has to be in moderation, because it's really no better then any other scripted event. The only time it works out of moderation is when it's in a stage dedicated to rail grinding, as then the level builds around it and it becomes more interactive instead of just automated. When people say "on rails" in regards to boostshit, they're usually talking about >>387440657
>>
>>387458448
what manga is this picture from?
>>
>>387458286
>I never have these problems

That's because you got used to it by playing it constantly since you were a child. When most people are saying the game controls like shit, and you're in the clear minority defending them, it's pretty clear that there's a problem with the way the game controls.

It's fine, you enjoy the way it controls and you're used to it and have no problems with it, but anyone else going into the game will clearly notice that it controls awkwardly.
>>
>>387457729
But being in ball form left you at the mercy at the terrain.
>>
>>387458286

>let's compare this one hidden 2 minute level that you have to 100% the game to unlock and isn't at all representative of the main story levels to the first story level in generations
>>
>>387458638
Did you read the sentence right after? I said of course you have to get used to it. This is like saying someone who goes into a fighting game for the first time is gonna have trouble with the combos, no shit. They have to get used to it. Doesn't mean the combos are bad though
>>
>>387458734
I compared them because they are the same level. I can grab footage of City Escape to compare that though, give me a few minutes
>>
>>387441632
post the embarrassment from yesterday
>>
>>387458452
Ironically Lost World's does this on a few occasions and it turned out decent besides hopping back and forth between rails which got tedious and collecting the Red Star Medals.

That game may have had some issues but if they improved the formula and hell maybe even expanded the levels even more to maybe make Boost justifiable then future Sonic games with this formula would be great.
>>
File: 1503015117460s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1503015117460s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>387433501
>tfw you love the boost gameplay and you're going to buy Forces on day one
>>
>>387457772
No, but I played it for years and had loads of fun with it.
>>
>>387457763
Also include

>You can search for emeralds in any order in Adventure 2.
>>
Speaking of Forces, what exactly is going on? We got Green Hill and Chemical Plant all over again, except they look somewhat different. Is this Generations 2.0 or will the stages be heavily differed but similar like Mania?
>>
>>387433501
I would call you autistic for making these threads every fucking day for months and months, but this IS Sonic we're talking about.
>>
File: American Halloween.png (226KB, 722x385px) Image search: [Google]
American Halloween.png
226KB, 722x385px
>>387458583
The adventures of 4chan girl.
>>
>>387458763
Careful. 90% of /v/ can't do shoryukens and cry that motions are artificial difficulty and it takes a year to be able to do any of them consistently.
>>
>>387458763

You shouldn't have to get used to broken controls just to be able to enjoy the game on a basic level. The controls aren't "hard to master", they're just badly refined. It was fine in 1998, but not now.

It's Jet Set Radio; I love that game, but it controls like crap by any modern standards.
>>
File: comparisonCE.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
comparisonCE.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>387458849
There. This one's not really a good comparison of hallway stuff since City Escape is probably the only stage in Generations without any moments like that. Maybe Planet Wisp, I don't know, i haven't really played Generations in a long time.
It does show how linear the paths have gotten though. In SA2, you can walk up the wall with enough speed and get rewarded with some rings. In Generations the only side path is through a homing attack chain and the only reward is about a second of saved time
>>387458943
Yeah, I samefagged. I'm not gonna lie.
>>387459710
I thought it might have been Mrs. Ayase but I didn't want to say. Yotsuba's a good manga. Tokyo part 3 when?
>>387460109
You don't need to get used to them to play on a basic level. You can pick up Adventure or Adventure 2 and play fine the first time. Just don't complain about shit that wouldn't happen if you got used to the controls. As I said in the post you're replying to, if you get used to doing combos, you won't complain about them being hard to pull off. If you're just playing the fighting game while mashing buttons though, fine. Just don't say you're doing that because combos are hard.
>>
>>387460424
Do you just not like linear 3D games? Do you not like the Mario Galaxies, 3D Land and 3D World, Crash Bandicoots, etc.
>>
>>387460537
I don't have a problem with linear 3D games, I just prefer open 3D games. I'm fine with stuff like Crash, because he's always been like that. But with Mario, I prefer games like 64 and Sunshine over Galaxy and 3D World. I'm just not a Mario autist. Otherwise, I'd be making threads about that shit
>>
>>387460721
Galaxy is pretty open world too for the most part, well it's more interactive if that's what you like. Odyssey is looking to be pretty expansive too and gives me Galaxy vibes so I'm definitely gonna enjoy it.

I doubt we'll see a Sonic game with this much expansiveness alongside interaction, Lost Worlds was probably the closest we'll get in awhile.
>>
>>387461508
Mario's unique because the new games are open, but linear. Like in Mario 64 I can do whatever mission I want in a world and in Sunshine I can just pull off all kinds of stuff with FLUDD. Yet I can't do either of these things in the modern games.
Sonic's a bit different because his games have literally started to get confined to hallways and such. So for him, it's more about actual linearity, where as with Mario it's more about specific linearity. Although there are still a lot of levels in modern 3D Mario that do suffer from actual linearity.
>>
>>387457763
I want Big to still be in but his fishing minigame is expanded and polished up so it's more like Sega Bass Fishing.
>>
>>387449654
Is the engine even moddable, I don't recall seeing the Sonic CD remaster having any mods.
>>
>thread made 6 hours ago and the OP is still posting in it
wow
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.