[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 30

File: latest[3].png (110KB, 411x161px) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].png
110KB, 411x161px
What went wrong /v/?
>>
The supers to kill mechanic was so fucking stupid only a bunch of retards could think that it was a good idea.
>>
not enough weeb characters
>>
Spawned the most autistic ship.
>>
>>386881126
Literally Who? characters.
>>
>>386881245
http://therealshadman.tumblr.com/post/159311233282/hey-shadman-speaking-of-autistic-shit-did-you
>>
>>386881313
So just like Smash Bros?
>>
>>386881126
No Totori as a playable character
>>
File: 1501693235800.jpg (698KB, 1836x2761px) Image search: [Google]
1501693235800.jpg
698KB, 1836x2761px
>>386881349
>>
File: marcuspspheaderimg530px2[1].jpg (48KB, 530x322px) Image search: [Google]
marcuspspheaderimg530px2[1].jpg
48KB, 530x322px
Marcus PSP wasn't on the roster.
>>
>>386881525
He's be the perfect rival for Spike
>>
Anyone who hated the game never actually played and cried cause they didn't want to see another company beat Nintendo at their own game.
>>
>>386881126
>SSB is simple, yet, fun
>PAS is confusing and not fun
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>You don't get to bring Scorpion
>Don't worry, no charge for him
>No, seriously, get him the fuck off my game
>>
They are making a sequel to this shit game for some reason.

>>385449626
>>386402651
>>386589478
>>386690612
>>
>>386881827
I've heard this shit about Scorpion, but not actual evidence of it happening.
>>
Was this proven fake?
>>
>>386882142
Is it just me or does it look like Aloy has different hair style?
>>
File: SPIKED.png (32KB, 144x129px) Image search: [Google]
SPIKED.png
32KB, 144x129px
>>386882142
Someone mentioned it would have been revealed this E3, but it wasn't.
So, the answer should be "yes".
>>
They made a smash bros clone thinking that the PS3 userbase wants to play the same kind of games as the nintendo userbase.
>>
>>386882285
A Smash Bros. clone would have been welcome. The orb collecting, meter-building, super-killing mechanics of PSASBR (and it's fucking awful name at that), are what mainly did it in.
>>
>>386882589
With all of this it managed to sell decently since Sony had literally 0 expectations for it.

I'm sure a sequel is in development based on those recent rumors and trademark filings.
>>
>>386881208

This is the main reason I'm totally uninterested. Every hit should count.
>>
>Supers to kill was just plain trash
> Limited game modes
> No decent enough story mode ( something like brawls subspace emissary would of been perfect)
> While the roster was decent needed more classic characters
>>
>>386882685
Exactly - the roster and their movesets were fine/good even. I'm cautiously optimistic for the sequel.
>>
>>386882826
The recent rumors mention that the game will have life bars instead of you building up 3 levels of super.
>>
>>386882953
I really do believe in the rumors, Most detailed leak we have gotten yet about a PSAS2. It's looking way better than the first game if true.
>>
The fact that the game had no JRPG characters at all tells you all you need to know.
>>
To me the artstyle was just fucking awful. They should have made it more unified somehow.
>>
>>386883405
Should have made Spike more feminine.
>>
Bad roster and even if you excuse that the horrible super to kill was a terrible mechanic. It really ruined the game even more when it was obvious that so many characters had better level 1 specials, Raiden, Kat, FP etc. Certain characters needed their level 2 or even 3 to be decent, Nariko and Daniel come to mind who needed level 3 since their other specials sucked. So that right there really did hurt their chances.
>>
>>386882048
>>385449626
>Morgan
>Noctis
>Crash
>Spyro

3rd party lineup is already better than Big Daddy, Raiden, Heihachi, and Donte from DmC
>>
>>386883535
They fucked up Sir Dan. His alt costumes were shit but in his PS1 games he's supposed to be fast as fuck not slow and clunky.

Why the fuck would they base him off his PSP design I'll never know. Plus is level 3 wasn't even that great.
>>
>>386881126
>couldn't use like 85% of Playstation's true classic icons/characters
>settled for ColeToo, Fat Princess, 3rd-parties and Donte
>shitty gameplay based entirely around finishers
>on a console owned mostly by CoD/Sportsfags

It was just plain-ugly all around, and another reason Sony is all about moviegames now.
>>
Why the fuck is Sony developing a shit sequel to a shit game?

Does any Sony fan even want this?
>>
>>386884208
Look it up on Deviantart.
Any crossover attracts anyone, even if they're autists.
>>
>>386884208
If it actually plays like Smash Bros. and uses a true PS roster I'd totally go for it.
>>
>>386881126
They shouldn't have even bothered making it if they couldn't get Crash and Spyro.
>>
>>386884208
Based on the reception of those rumors, a lot of people are excited.

If the sequel fixes all the mistakes from the first game, and actually pushes it, then it could be a huge success that can rival Smash
>>
>>386883957
>Plus is level 3 wasn't even that great.
Exactly but his other two were terrible. His level 1 was only useful against new player because the go to hit confirm could be avoided by holding down. His level 2 was just as bad since they had to be directly underneath it for it hit them since the tracking was laughably bad. I remember dodging it just by double jumping I didn't move just double jump and it spazzed out. Of course his level 3 was stage dependant. Like any small stage was good any large was bad.
>>
GameArts is developing the sequel.
>>
>>386881389
Xd
>>
File: Marza_Animation_Planet[1].png (5KB, 320x250px) Image search: [Google]
Marza_Animation_Planet[1].png
5KB, 320x250px
>>386885095
And Marza Animation is working on the reveal trailer.
>>
>No Crash, Spyro, Snake, or Cloud
>Shitty artstyle
>Shitty super mechanic
>First Party roster was decent minus Evil Cole and Zeus.
>Only good third party character was Heihachi
>>
Anyone playing online right now?
>>
It had Evil Cole that's why it failed.
>>
>>386881126
>No Crash
>No Spyro
>No Cloud
>No Snake
>No Ramza
>No Leon Kennedy
>No Alucard
>No Soul Reaver
>No Pyramid Head
>No Megaman Volnutt
>No Wander
>No Amaterasu
>No Sora
>No Katamari Prince
>No Persona 4 rep
>No DQVIII rep
>Worst Raiden
>FUCK YOU Dante
>TWO Coles
>Can only kill w/ super moves
The game literally had zero soul.

PS2 and PSX era Playstation is where all the joy and wonder of the Playstation brand is and they fucking ignored it completely. There's no nostalgia of playing singularly as current gen characters. What's fun about Smash is seeing this low poly models given these full-blown, current-gen graphical upgrades. All-Stars just took the models from other games and dropped them in their's with shiity game mechanics to boot.
>>
>>386885930
You'd probably still find matches. But the net code is still bad.
>>
Why did they ruin Kakeru?
>>
>>386886050

Agree with everything but replace the Prince with the King of all Cosmos
>>
>Market game to be like smash
>Use preset combos
>Supers to kill
>WOW SO WACKY
>everything is floaty and feels imprecise
Pretty much nothing was good about it.
>>
>>386885095
Is this true? Thank god if so. Would much rather put my faith in some Japs to make a crossover fighter than another western developer.

And at least this means we'll get some weaboo characters this time around.
>>
>>386886740
Didn't GameArts also work on Brawl and that TMNT smash bros game?
>>
>>386886512
Damn, honestly, I'd be happy with either. Katamari rep is an absolute necessity though.
>>
>>386886828
Looking at the wiki and yeah, seems to be the case.
>>
>>386886980
that TMNT game was so fucking bad
>>
They put in Fat Princess, Cole2 and Zeus instead of Abe, Crash and a Persona rep
>>
>>386881126
>lets make a franchise fighter when we have no worth while IPs that we actually own and can't get the license to characters that the public strongly associates with our consoles
Brilliant.
>>
If they bring back this franchise with no Yoko Taro rep I will kill somebody.
>>
GAMEARTS TWEETED THAT THEY ARE NOT WORKING ON IT ITS OVER.
>>
>>386888127
https://twitter.com/GA_Express/status/892951851703742464
>>
>>386888413
>That Goku icon dude
It's always DB fans.
>>
>>386888413
Didn't anyone of you read where the leaker says that GameArts are under strict rules by Sony to deny existence of them working on the game?
>>
The characters handled alright. Big Daddy is infinitely more satisfying than DK and Kat is Shiek tier.
It honestly just needed to be more of a Smash clone. Supers to kill are lame. Grabs are way more annoying than they have any right to be. And the stages are so huge that running away is a viable strategy.
Shrink the maps and make it launch-to-kill and it could actually hold its own.

Rivals of Aether is seeing moderate success and every character has been original, except Ori who isn't even out yet.
>>
>>386881126
Sony doesn't have IPs that are iconic enough to fill a fighter roster. Sony doesn't make games, they fool people into buying a shitty prebuilt with a DRM OS. The company is soulless.

Nintendo makes games for innovative hardware setups. They're the only console company left, the rest of you idiots are buying prebuilts with exclusives who have simply been paid to be exclusive. The Ps4 does nothing special to make the games better, they're simply exclusive for the sake of a deal or just because there are more people on ps4.

Its sad really, you idiots genuinely would prefer a PC with a PS operating system. You know it deep down. Hell, thats what you have now except you can't also install an xbox OS or windows OS as well. Everyone would be happier if they started to sell operating systems instead of shitty hardware.
>>
I've seen the demo of the PlayStation All-Stars successor.

AMA
>>
>>386889098
How do kills work?
>>
>>386889098
Lol this can't be the same guy from the previous threads.

Nice try though.
>>
>>386889186
Characters now have health bars and one super attack to build up to.
>>
>>386889098
What characters were in the demo? And what stages and items?
>>
>>386889531
Characters in the demo are
>Nathan Drake
>Kratos
>Crash
>Spyro
>Aloy
>Ratchet
>Parappa
>Morgana
>Noctis

Stages include
>PlayStation Arena
>Wumpa Island: Crash X Horizon ZD
>Mementos: Persona X WipEout
>Tearaway X Vib Ribbon

There were no items in the demo I saw.
>>
>>386889862
Why the fuck should we believe you, you're literally just repeating the same shit as the other leaker.
>>
>>386888873
>Sony doesn't have IPs that are iconic enough to fill a fighter roster
If you're the kind of person who gets their video game knowledge from Dorkly, Watchmojo or Smosh, maybe.
>Sony doesn't make games
But the studios they own do, even if the most popular games are shit, while the best stuff is either old or niche, but they still exist as long as you EXPLORE them
>innovative hardware setups
One thing is innovating, another is when the consoles should have been peripherals for consoles. It's goot that the Switch is doing well, but let's not forget what happened with the Wii U.
>the rest of you idiots are buying prebuilts with exclusives who have simply been paid to be exclusive.
>they're simply exclusive for the sake of a deal or just because there are more people on ps4.
Except when it comes to games that they always owned like Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank, in other news, MS owns Halo.
>Its sad really, you idiots genuinely would prefer a PC with a PS operating system.
Who the fuck does that?
>>
>>386881126
They didn't fully copy Smash Bros. or Marvel vs. Capcom.
>>
>>386889862
No one believe this guy he's literally just copy and pasting things from the old rumors threads and acting like it's his own shit.
>>
>>386888873
>Its sad really, you idiots genuinely would prefer a PC with a PS operating system.
>Hell, thats what you have now except you can't also install an xbox OS or windows OS as well.
>Everyone would be happier if they started to sell operating systems instead of shitty hardware.
There points contradict each other.
>>
>>386889098
Where the fuck is Abe?
>>
>>386889098
Do Spike and Kat fuck?
>>
>>386890529
Dude that guy is fake as fuck he'll probably say something like "Abe will be in this time" to make you believe him
>>
>>386881126
People didn't enjoy the core gameplay loop myself included.
>>
Why does every fucking psas thread have that Kat and Spike shipping thing that no one wants.
>>
>>386890782
Because crossovers attract autistic people, even the shit ones.
>>
>>386881126
It was a glorified advertisement first and a game second.
>>
>>386889098
>>386889862
Lol nice try
>>
>>386890782
>no one wants.
Says you
>>
>>386890730
If the rumors are true and the sequel has life bars instead of "supers to kill" would you be interested then?
>>
>>386891001
Lol if actually saw the demo you'd know how to respond to the following

E38G5XM9
>>
If Spike and Kat are being shipped can we ship Fat Princess and Heihachi?
>>
>>386891001
Any truth to this? Or do you think someone saw your earlier threads, did some detective work and assumed that they are working on the trailer.

>>386877658
>>
>>386891158
I'll respond to the following, but you have to tell me what the following words mean.

Willed.
Weakened.
Wrecking.

I doubt you knew what this or that code means anyway. Try harder.
>>
>>386891001
Leak anon senpai, how are you?

Isn't it late in the UK right now?
>>
>>386891478
Marza Animation do seem to be working on the trailer. That is true from what I remember.
>>
>>386891556
Sony PR doesn't send out cult like codewords you moron.
>>
>>386891647
Do you think this helps verify you're leak?
>>
>>386891578
Not tired, yet. I'm feeling good. How about you?

>>386891735
Your right. I was just messing with him. Nobody however knows the code's meaning except for those with PR relations with Sony.
>>
>>386891937
I'm doing well thanks for asking?

I do want to ask if the Tearaway stage has a name or is it literally just called Tearaway? Since all the other stages had names.
>>
>>386891937
Why would Sony PR send you secret codewords when just e-mailing the details would be fine enough. It's not like any game journo would be stupid enough to show screenshots of the e-mails on Twitter.
>>
>>386891930
I do think so. Sony doesn't always renew trademarks like this. Usually they always have the rights to resell older games via PS Now, etc. They wouldn't need to file a renewed trademark for those, so I doubt it's a PS Now related thing.

Could be that Sony reps have chosen to make this be PlayStation AllStars Battle Royals 2, if they're going to renew Battle Royale's trademark.

>>386892095
It was just called Tearaway, though it could just be an early name for the stage. I haven't played Tearaway in a long while, so I can't remember the name of the world. I would imagine the final game having it renamed to what the world is called in the game.
>>
>>386891937
I know you already described the trailer, but could you go into more specifics? What weapons were Kratos, Aloy, Morgana and Crash using throughout the whole time. Were they the English or Japanese VA? Did it look finished or unpolished?:
>>
>>386892210
It's part of some secure way of avoiding the spread of insider information or bad business practices easily. It's some fairly complex system that if I told more about, I would be caught onto pretty quickly. Believe me or not, Sony does some weird shit with security ever since the 2011 PSN hack and the North Korea hack.
>>
>>386892324
But it says that it is an Automatic renewal? Doesn't that imply that the trademark just renews every couple years to make sure they don't lose it?

Also you sure it will have the "All-Stars Battle Royale" name? Cause to me that's a terrible title and I thought you mentioned other names they had planned.
>>
File: The Mooch.jpg (57KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
The Mooch.jpg
57KB, 960x540px
>>386891930
>>386892324
>>386891647
>>386891556
>>386891158
You guys better quit waving your dicks around less this guy comes around and cuts them off.
>>
>>386892460
The animation was finished and the lighting in the scene was built, but there were no sound effects but there was music. There were voices, and as for Morgana he had his Japanese VA in the early teaser. The voices were louder than the music, mainly for lip syncing reasons.
>>
>>386892324
Did you know what you were going to see before going to the presentation, or was it a surprise to you when you saw that trailer?
>>
>>386892771
What makes you think he's fake?
>>
>>386892749
That could be true, but I'm not too smart about copyright stuff. Sorry if I sound a bit daft, but wouldn't feel as though Sony would continue renewing it if there wasn't going to be another game.

With the name of the game, those suggested names were just suggestions. Sony could step in at any time and tell them what to make the game's name.

>>386892893
It was a complete surprise to me. I was so excited that I found hit very hard to act professionally during the presentation. Lol
>>
>>386892614
As someone from the PSAS community this news has brought up a lot of excitement and skepticism of course. People want to believe but have been burned way too many times.

Do you promise us that this is real? Do you swear?

Also if fake or not thanks for giving us excitement again about another Sony crossover game.
>>
>>386888127
of course they're not gonna admit to working on something unannounced.
>>
>>386881126
Shit characters
Shit ways to kill the enemies
>>
>>386893140
Why wouldn't Kratos be the new one instead of the old one? Didn't you say that Sony wants to put in some advertisement characters/stages in this one? Wouldn't it make more sense to put Viking Kratos instead of Greek Kratos?
>>
>>386885095
RYUDO CONFIRMED
>>
>>386888873
>Sony doesn't make games

Japan Studio is literally Sony and the best exclusives come from them.
>>
>>386893276
Then why would they respond at all? If they are working on it they don't need to reply to people asking them about it.
>>
>>386893534
Then where's Ape Escape 4, you dumb faggots?
>>
>>386893275
Last thread I had a pretty lengthy paragraph about this kind of situation. Whilst it is exciting what I saw at the presentation and being able to share it with you, I want you to all take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't want everyone to feel like they've been betrayed if nothing happens in October or at PSX. I want everyone to be excited, but I want them not to be sad if all goes wrong. I do promise what I saw that day is real, as I saw it with my own eyes. I just want everyone to not ponder in their own excitement until October hits.

I thank everyone for taking the time to listen to what I have to say. It makes me happy that people don't automatically pass off what I say, like that time I shared info about the expansion to The Last Of Us only for my thread to be deleted by admins.

Thank you everyone, and I will continue to come here every so often to talk.
>>
>>386893594
So people will stop asking.
>>
>>386893140
Did Crash have Fur-K? lol

Have they said how they are going to represent the era's of PlayStation? The last game was way too PS3 focused.
>>
>>386891029
Really that's the main issue I had with the game. Roster wise, I'm not that hung up about it compared to most others so I'm willing to give it a shot if they fix things up with the supers system.
>>
>>386893498
The new Kratos is going to be an alternate skin. GameArts want players of the first game to be familiar with their veteran characters from the get go, which is why Kratos is same as is.

>>386893816
I haven't seen the full roster of course, but so far there are.

3 PS1 characters
2 PS2 characters
1 PS3 character
3 PS4 characters

And yes, Crash is in "fur-k" as the cool kids call it. Lol
>>
>>386893498
Did Sony actually say they'd put ad characters in the game? That'll probably mean Days Gone guy (ugh) and Spider-Man
>>
I hope they don't focus too much on realistic characters or else it'll be less video gamey and too much brown haired dude in his mid 30's.

Specially when, despite lack of popularity, Sony can have characters in different types and forms.
>>
>>386894049
What time is it in Europe? You seem to be up late all the time lol.

Were the presenters mainly GameArts or did Sony take up more of the time?
>>
File: 1491116311365.jpg (13KB, 473x356px) Image search: [Google]
1491116311365.jpg
13KB, 473x356px
>>386884668
>The reception of rumors made up by fans that tell other fans everything they want to hear was positive

No way
>>
>>386883004

I was sure they would address that if there was ever going to be a sequel, it seems like everyone's biggest issue.
>>
>hurr supers to kill is so bad
Ok why?
>hits don't matter!
Even though hitting people is the only way to build a super and you can even use throws to lower their meter?
>you don't know who's winning
Even though it's extremely easy to tell and essentially the same as any other game, only you substitute lives remaining for their health?
>it's unbalanced
When balance has nothing to do with what mechanics themselves are in place but instead how the characters use and abuse said mechanics?
>it's not like smash enough!
Even though everyone bitches about it being a Smash clone already, you want it's more unique aspect to be removed for no reason?
Thanks everyone for fucking over another game's originality. At least the roster will probably be better and they'll actually have a budget this time though.
>>
>>386894049
You say the game is faster than the original, but how much faster? Like sm4sh levels?

Did that Mario + Rabbids feature go up yet? I'd like to read it.

Is Kojima actually involved with this game? Cause if we get a Death Stranding character that'd be so lame since we know jack shit about the game at all and it's probably coming out in like 2020.
>>
>>386894049
I don't know if you're repeating past leaks here but how many of these characters are new and how many are old? For extra hype, which are new/old from which PS?
>>
>>386894049
Was the presentation/q&a a slideshow or just them talking with microphones?

You described how Parappa looked, is this based on how he looked at the character select screen or did you see gameplay of him?
>>
>>386894378
It's almost 1am. Lol. I might sleep soon because I've been missing some sleep.

>>386895138
The Mario and Rabbids feature goes up when the game's embargo lifts. Unfortunately telling you which website it is would blow my identity. Sort of trying to stay under cover.

As for speed, Sm4sh speeds I would say. Kojima was mentioned to have some sort of involvement, which could potentially mean we might have a Death Stranding character, or a stage or stage crossover for Death Stranding.
>>
>>386894049
Any legit concerns you have from the game? This all sounds like fan fiction.

Or do you think the Sony and GameArts actually gave a shit and learned from the mistakes of the first one.
>>
>>386895298
By new you mean from recent games, yes? They haven't shown us any characters that have been from an unannounced game. I think it was asked during Q&A, and they said there might be, but we will find out if true in the future.

>>386895323
It was a slideshow in a small room at an office block.

I saw from the character select screen that he was more like his original game look, and another colleague said he was very paper thin, but has a tiny bit of depth.
>>
>>386893140
If you only seen the Persona stage how do you know the layouts for the other stages like Crash and PlayStation Arena?
>>
>>386895546
GameArts clearly looked as though they gave a shit. I could tell by how the director spoke and how other people from the company looked when they showed us the presentation.
>>
>>386895921
Stage selection screen, and stills from the presentation.
>>
>>386895876
Sorry, by new I mean new to All Stars that weren't in the previous game, like "2 of the PS1 characters were old since it was Spike and Sir Dan but 1 was new" sorta thing. It sounds like I missed some threads too.
>>
>>386895986
Was Marza chosen to animate the trailer because the game director knew their work from the Virtua Fighter games?

Did the game director work on all 5 mainline virtua fighter games or just the 1st 4?
>>
So is there any proof that I can look at right now concerning these leaks?
>>
>>386896276
It's only these threads

>>385449626
>>386402651
>>386589478
>>386690612
>>
>>386896087
Can you remember all the stills from the presentation?

What did they show/say in every still?

But yeah any concerns about this game? This sounds really good, almost fanfiction level.
>>
>>386895482
Is it true that trailers created by other companies have the rights to them if the publisher doesn't use it soon enough?

Is that why the game is getting revealed in October and not PSX?

Will the reveal be early, mid, or late October?
>>
>>386896274
He worked on 1 first and finished on 5. Marza was chosen because of their high quality animations, and they were suggested to Sony by Altus who have connection with SEGA.

>>386896162
That's fine. Many new people come to these threads. Right now the ratio of new - old is 5 - 9 as seen by the demo.

>>386896728
In the stills, they had renders of the characters, screenshots of the stages, and some in game screenshots.

One screenshot I remember of an in game shot was one on the PlayStation Arena, with Crash vs Ratchet. Other in games screenshots weren't full images, just zoomed up cropped images of characters to talk about art style, controls, etc.

It does sound fan fiction like, you're right. If I did have a concern, it would be Sony stepping in to control the creative freedom by replacing potential good characters with advert characters like the first game.
>>
>>386895986
Any truth to the rumor that Konami wants no involvement because Kojima teamed up with Sony after he left Konami?
>>
>>386883405
There is no unified artstyle, and that's a huge problem aesthetically. The reason why Smash Bros works is because Nintendo has a huge amount of IPs that share a similar aesthetic. Nothing they have can be considered even remotely "realistic" with the exception of Samus. It's all various shades of cartoonish.

Plus, Smash Bros also have tent pole franchises that pad up the roster. Mario alone takes up a huge chunk of the cast regardless of the game, because the franchise is so huge some of those characters have their own games as well.
>>
>>386897038
The rights end roughly near the end of October. (Don't quote me on this) Yes, if Sony does not use footage at all then it belongs to Marza and will end up being there's as portfolio work for those who worked on it.

>>386897165
It hasn't been confirmed if Konami wants nothing to do with it if Kojima is involved, but I wouldn't imagine so. I would think Kojima wouldn't want to be involved if Konami is too either. Don't expect Raiden to return.
>>
>>386897129
They mentioned the ballot, anything else they talk about regarding their planned ballot and its rollout? Will it be like the Fighter ballot in Sm4sh?

Do you think people will still hate this game cause it's basically Smash Bros. but without percentages?
>>
>>386897423
They didn't mention much as to ballots, but I would imagine it being like the Sm4sh ballot.

Seeing as /v/ shitposters encourage people to hate good games via shitposting, I would imagine this game being very unpopular with /v/.
>>
>>386897604
Any word on premiere skins like what Injustice 2 does? LFor example instead of making Chloe a character just make here a premiere skin for Drake, have the same moveset but have different and unique lines. I can also see this working for Crash with Coco and Fake Crash being premiere skins.

Is the final boss Polygon Man again?
>>
>>386897129
Oh I'm not entirely new, I was in a few a while back, but I've just got some catching up to do. Don't suppose you could say which consoles the new characters are from or is that asking too much? Or am I thinking too much and either forgetting that you've said them already or just haven't read it yet?
>>
>>386897604
When you saw Noctis for like 2 seconds while walking out, did he look good? Like he fit in the world?

Was this your most exciting secret thing you heard about as a games journalist?
>>
>>386897894
Dude.

Crash, Spyro, Parappa - PS1
Kratos and Ratchet - PS2
Nathan Drake - PS3
Aloy, Morgana, Noctis - PS4

Really not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>386897604
Will Sony subtly tease the announcement or one day it will just show up outta nowhere?

It just seems weird to me that they are revealing a big PS4 exclusive that isn't at an event. They haven't done that this generation at all, compared to the PS3 era.
>>
I will answer these questions, then I shall head of to hit the hay.

>>386897805
There are going to be skins that have alternate voice lines, as Kratos will have this same feature for his new appearance for the new God of War. I don't know what the others will be, so I guess they're keeping those a surprise.

I don't know who will be the final boss other than "part of PlayStation history". I could imagine them reusing Polygon Man but making him less shit, but it could be someone else.

>>386897894
I think I said them already? You can check through in case I haven't.

>>386897952
Noctis looked as though he fit in from the 2 seconds I saw of him.

As for the most secret thing as a journalist. Not going to lie, it is this PlayStation AllStars sequel. The only other thing I've seen that was secret at the time was the expansion story for The Last Of Us and Little Big Planet 3. My job has been pretty fun, mainly because I haven't included current drama or politics into my work.
>>
>>386897374
Did Aloy fight with her spear during the CG trailer?

Are you sure that if veterans come back as DLC, they will be free? Wouldn't Sony want to charge for them? Or did GameArts specifically say that they will be FREE?
>>
It has been fun answering your questions, but I will take leave for now. I need to catch some Zs. Good night.
>>
>>386882826
>the only way to kill is to build up your super by hitting other players
>somehow hits don't count

it's like when the idiots think hots is super casual because of shared experience. It actually means the opposite.

However PSBR looks dull and really, really boring.
>>
>>386884668
it would be hilarious if sony beats nintendo at smash

the playerbase is definitely there
>>
>>386898049
Ok I did forget. I just got in and am trying in vain to think of questions to ask before leaker man leaves again, shit's tough man.
>>386898439
Oh well, good night and thanks again. Remember to pester everyone involved about adding more oldschool Japanese studio characters and that there is literally nothing wrong with the super system.
>>
>>386898324
So in the slides they mentioned that "Old Kratos will be a skin and with his voice actor." Did they specifically say there will be skins that alternate voice lines?

Can Morgana's super catch all 3 opponents or just one person?

Do you think some fans of the original will be alienated that the supers to kill mechanic is gone?
>>
>>386898675
>literally nothing wrong with the super system

I'm so fucking glad you aren't developing this game. If you were it'd fail again baka.
>>
>>386898497
It's not got much visual spectacle or good sounds but playing it can be pretty engaging.
>>
>>386898907
They had to change it for the sequel since the system was way too divisive. They obviously don't want to take the %system of Smash so life bars is the next best thing.
>>
>>386881389

>Get Melee
>Marth
>Roy
>Ness

Literally who?
>>
File: Blasto,[1].png (115KB, 404x436px) Image search: [Google]
Blasto,[1].png
115KB, 404x436px
Where's my boy Blasto though?
>>
>>386898849
If I developed the first game it would have had a much better roster and not been full of glitches or bad balance. That is what made it fail, not a system that's fairly original and works perfectly well with the game that people cry about for stupid reasons that make no sense.
>>386899074
What I said there had nothing to do with the super system though but was referring to the overall weak sound effects and clashing art style with pretty standard graphics. It was divisive for no good reason, people latched onto it as another thing to hate because it was different and tangentially connected to other issues of the game.
>>
>>386899313
The super system is not fun at all. I'm so gald it's switching to life bars at least.
>>
>>386898623
>it would be hilarious if sony beats nintendo at smash
yea thats not gonna happen
>>
File: 1471083741657.png (2MB, 1136x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1471083741657.png
2MB, 1136x1136px
>>386898623
You fuckers said this shit last time when PS All Stars was announced and we all know how well that turned out
>>
File: 1471315449761.png (52KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1471315449761.png
52KB, 203x209px
>>386898623
>it would be hilarious if sony beats nintendo at smash
Hilarious deja vu
>>
>>386899967
It's a ton of fun actually. It adds an interesting risk reward factor and strategy to the game that allows for calculated big swings in momentum that make it pretty dynamic. Rereading what I posted, the game didn't even fail considering it was made on a pitiful shoestring budget and sold over a million.
>>
>>386900690
Sony considered it a disappointment and cut ties with the dev though
>>
>>386900837
Sony had 0 expectations for the game and yet it sold more than a million copies. Which is impressive considering the marketing for the game was awful, the team was inexperienced, game was rush and the production budget was poor.
>>
>>386900837
No they considered it a success because of how cheaply it was made like I said, and the dev studio was one built up out of a bunch of random rookies specifically for the game. Besides, what does that have to do with the super system?
>>
>>386901184
>No they considered it a success
Nice revisionist history you got there
>>
>>386898497

>the only way to kill is to build up your super by hitting other players
>somehow hits don't count

Yes, it won't count if you don't land your fucking special. It makes the gameplay very inconsistent, as if everyone was Little Mac in Smash 4.
>>
File: obvius bait.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
obvius bait.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>386881664
>>
>>386881126
western studio
>>
>>386901651
So?
>>
File: 1486711128499.jpg (12KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1486711128499.jpg
12KB, 228x221px
>>386881664
>>386884668
>>386898623
>Sony will beat Nintendo at their own game! Nintendo has a true rival now! Game over Nintendo!
GEE, I WONDER WHERE I'VE FUCKING SEEN THESE STATEMENTS BEFORE?!
>>
>>386902025
>Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it
At this point, a racing game or a party game would be better ideas.
>>
>>386901287
Revisionist how? It's no secret the game had no support or budget and did far better than anyone at Sony or elsewhere expected it to considering how little backing it got.
>>386901390
No it makes you bad at using your super meter properly. For just about the entire cast, the more levels you get the stronger the super, so you can hold off on spending it early to try and guarantee a kill, or fill it up and fire off multiple level 1s to try and make at least one hit, since they build up fast. Also those attacks still put the opponent in a bad situation, you can knock them down or force them into a corner to set up for a super finish, and any time you're hitting them, they're not hitting you or anyone else. The Little Mac comparison makes no sense and this isn't Smash.
>>
>>386881126
>shitty roster
>shitty gameplay
So, everything?
>>
>>386902306
>did far better than anyone at Sony or elsewhere expected it
That doesn't really make it a success does it? Just because no one had any hopes in it in the first place doesn't mean it was a success
>>
>>386884668
Yeah, sure smashdoomed. Sure dudebros will love to play as catman with a hook and gay purple dragon.
>>
>>386902410
Selling vastly over estimate and making a profit is a success in the eyes of a company, which is what the original comment referred to. What does this have to do with the super system anyway?
>>
>>386902716
>Selling vastly over estimate and making a profit is a success in the eyes of a company
there's such a thing as underperforming. Sony would have had no reason to cut ties with the dev and forget its existence in the first place if it was a success like you claim it was
>>
>>386902309
>shitty roster
Sorry it only had ONE representative from franchises instead of 20 fire emblem characters
>shitty gameplay
Sorry you couldn't land any of the special attacks.
>>
>>386902998
A lot of said franchises were third parties, give Nintendo some credit they gave you 5 FE characters but still had plenty of time for the other franchises as well.
>>
>>386882926
>He likes brawls subspace emissary
>>
>>386903194
Like 10 mario characters, 100 pokemon. Fuck that.
>>
>>386902998
>it only had ONE representative from franchises
>GoW characters
>2 coles
Besides, having only one representative doesn't make the roster good nor bad. Having shitty characters and weird decisions like Donte, Big daddy, Isaac and Fat Princess does
>>
>>386902904
The team was clearly new and not talented at programming and was brought together only to scrap together the game. There was nothing they wanted to keep of the developer because they had done their job, but they didn't forget about the game's existence at all. The game was a PS+ game at one point, to give one example.
>>
>>386903194
>DMC
>Tekken
>Bioshock
>Dead Space
>Metal Gear

>Only 5
>Rest was first party franchises

One thing is Sony being fucking retarded, another is being wrong, while pointint them out for being retarded.
Never use lack of knowledge as a source of information: this could actually be an important life lesson.
>>
>>386903413
we got that and plenty of other franchises with more representation, still more than PS All Stars
>>
>>386902998
>instead of 20 fire emblem characters
>b-but Nintendo
I don't care about Smash and Nintendo fucking retard
>>
>>386903582
>>b-but Nintendo
>I don't care about Smash and Nintendo fucking retard

Comparing the 4th game of a franchise to the 1st game of another franchise is retarded.
>>
>>386903510
>PS+
Oh wow, big fucking whoop, they put the shittiest of indie games on PS+ as well. Sony would have had no reason to cut ties with them even if they didn't know what they were doing, if the game was still successful
>>
>>386903871
shitty excuse, Nintendo didn't get a bunch of third parties until Brawl
>>
>>386903878
This was back when they were putting good games on there, but it's also only a single example of how they didn't "forget it's existence" after release. There's also the DLC and balance patches as another.
I'm not sure why you're focusing so specifically on making the game fit your specialized criteria of not succeeding as a product.
>>
>>386904490
>This was back when they were putting good games on there
Opinion Discarded, PS+ has always had stinkers

>I'm not sure why you're focusing so specifically on making the game fit your specialized criteria of not succeeding as a product
Because it didn't succeed as a product, not if it involved cutting ties with a dev because of it
>>
Crash
Fortesque
Parapara
Spyro
Rayman
Alundra
Cloud
Spike
Lara Croft
Dart
Rudy
Alucard
Solid Snake
Klonoa
Raziel
Leon
Kazuya
Kratos
Ratchet & Clank
Jake & Dexter
Sly
Dante
Sora
Kiryu Kazuma
Pyramid Head
Samanosuke
Kat
Iota
Nathan Drake
Noriko
Ellie & Joel
Sackboy
Kutaro
The Traveler
Knack
Aloy
The Hunter
2B
Morgana
Noctis
>>
>>386904753
Add Radec, Emmett Graves, Chimera Hybrid, and King of all Cosmos.
>>
>>386904753
Robbit
Lammy
Carmelita
Yumi
>>
>>386904693
>PS+ has always had stinkers
Your perceived quality has nothing to do with anything. That they brought it back in a time when other much higher budget games were around proves at least that it wasn't forgotten and I don't know why you're acting like it was and now saying "but that doesn't count" towards all these examples.
>Because it didn't succeed as a product, not if it involved cutting ties with a dev because of it
A dev that was pulled together from literal nobodies solely to put together this game and only this game with a minimal budget, that still happened to sell well beyond what was expected. That's a success in anyone's book but yours apparently, and again I don't know why you're focusing so hard on trying to make the game fit your specialized criteria of not succeeding when I was originally talking about a mechanic in the game with a small comment. If you're gonna ignore that question again then it'll be even more clear you're arguing for the sake of it without rhyme or reason and just wasting my time.
>>
>>386881126
Parappa believed too much
>>
Considering Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7 barely sold more than PSAS and every BlazBlu sold less i wouldn't say that it was a failure.
>>
>>386905806
>That they brought it back in a time when other much higher budget games were around proves at least that it wasn't forgotten
They put literally anything on PS+, it is not a good example of the game not being forgotten.
>A dev that was pulled together from literal nobodies solely to put together this game and only this game with a minimal budget
And there was still no fucking reason to cut ties with them despite the fact. You were the one calling it a success which is pretty far from the truth from the looks of it. And tell me, if the game really was that much of a success, why are the revamping pretty much everything in the fucking sequel since you claim the first game was so successful? Why not keep that formula? Is it because they want the game to actually sell well this time? Naw, it can't be that...
>>
>>386904753
It's already a big ass roster but Toan/Max/Monica/Jaster/Leonard, Ellen/Keats and Justin/Ryudo would make it beyond perfect. I don't know who I would remove for them though.
>>
>>386906331
Oh you ignored the question again, revised history and are disregarding something so obvious as projected sales figures and the cancer that is aiming for mainstream appeal based on uninformed criticisms. Ok then.
>>
>>386906771
Hey I'm not the one ignoring the whole dev studio that got shunned, also if it wanted to follow the mainstream crowd it'd be a 1 on 1 fighter or a full smash clone

But hey, maybe this fucking sequel will actually be good
>>
File: teehee.jpg (143KB, 1264x693px) Image search: [Google]
teehee.jpg
143KB, 1264x693px
Reminder that the best rival cutscenes comes form the DLC.

>Graves comes from a game where everyone went insane because an especial power.

>Graves meets Kat and see that she doesn't control her powers.

"People like you are dangerous"
"Me? I only want to help"
"Only want to help, uh?, I heard that a lot of times"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5aPFC9MfFE

I mean, he has a real reason to fight with Kat, sadly this doesn't apply with the rest.

"My ice cream cone"
"You are with me or against me?"
"I don't understand what your re saying so I'll fight you"
>>
File: 1496842068729.jpg (31KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496842068729.jpg
31KB, 335x500px
>>386881126
I think if they play their cards right, this would be a great oppertunity for Playstation Smash to overtake the real Smash.
Smash was good but it had a lot of weird characters that arent instantly recognizeable. Yeah it had Mario and Link but it also had Robin and Pit and Shulk, like the average person has no idea who they are.
If Sony got all their strongest mascots from each era into this game, they can possibly overtake Smash 4. Sony's been around long enough to have nostalgia factor so I'm think like Crash, Spyro, Snake, Cloud from PS1, Jak, Sly, dante,from PS2 etc. etc. they shouldn't be afraid to use third parties like Nintendo is. They should purpously try to steal characters like ryu snake cloud and sonic from smash
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>386908094
>People like this actually exist
>>
>>386907879
Ice cream cone didn't deserve his fate.
>>
>>386908094
>Crash
>Spyro
>Snake
>Cloud
>Dante
None of these are Sony's, none of them

>They should purpously try to steal characters like ryu snake cloud and sonic from smash
>Sony steals from Nintendo yet again
>>
bad roster
worse gameplay
>>
Hilariously, this game would not have been nearly as bad if it didn't try so fucking hard not to be a Smash clone.
>>
>>386881749
lol nope
it took me reading up on it for like 20 minutes to actually understand the weird smash % life system
whereas PAS requires no explanation, also features characters i actually know instead of boring pikachu, mario, link and a bunch of literally who's

>>385449626
>Aloy
>Morgana
>Noctis
who?

>>386884208
>Does any Sony fan even want this?
yes? the first one was really good, £25 on the vita, solid fighting game
>>
>>386908738
Care to elaborate in actual detail or are you just hating on something because it's different? The game would have been better if it had a competent team working on it with a reasonable budget so they could get more fan favourite characters and content with less bugs and better balance.
>>
File: 1498927060160.png (557KB, 600x908px) Image search: [Google]
1498927060160.png
557KB, 600x908px
>>386909457
>it took me reading up on it for like 20 minutes to actually understand the weird smash % life system
>whereas PAS requires no explanation
>>
>>386886050
>Worst Raiden
>FUCK YOU Dante
>TWO Coles
my favourite characters actually, fuck off

>No Ramza
>No Alucard
>No Soul Reaver
>No Megaman Volnutt
>No Wander
>No Amaterasu
>No Sora
>No Persona 4 rep
>No DQVIII rep
who?
> shiity game mechanics to boot.
like?
>>386885978
eh?
>>386886515
>everything is floaty and feels imprecise
nope
>>386887726
yes, those characters are more popular than any smash literally who other than pikachu or mario
>Sony doesn't make games
no they do
> they fool people into buying a shitty prebuilt with a DRM OS.
at least theirs has games unlike any of the competitors, name any worthwhile exclusives from XB1 or Switch and watch any normal gamer (PC/PS4/Vita) laugh their ass off
>>
>>386909457
>>386909896
>Defensive PS All Stars nigger enters the thread
>>
>>386909607
Maybe both are incredibly simple to grasp and you're both retarded.
>>
NIntendo fanboys butthurt that PlayStation All-Stars 2 is gonna be better than any Smash game.
>>
>>386910282
This is deja vu as fuck

did you faggots not learn from last time
>>
File: 1495794973755.png (20KB, 438x469px) Image search: [Google]
1495794973755.png
20KB, 438x469px
>>386882142
I mean three characters isn't much of a roster.
>>
>>386903471
> weird decisions like Donte, Big daddy, Isaac and Fat Princess does
but these are all pretty gud
also
>isaac
???
he's not in the game
>>386909990
>a person of color with a different opinion enters the thread, angers the autists who are used to their cesspool being only one solid color

>>386909607
but it's true, to this day im not entirely sure about how smash works, what do you do to kill exactly, and if enemies die by falling off the stage, why is there a fucking percentage bar there anyway? it's too confusing. I get that you're an american manchild and grew up with nintendo feeding you shit but grow the fuck up, that system makes no sense, killing by supers is unbalanced and requires you to gg which may put off casuals such as yourself but when done right it makes perfect sense, you hit to build up the energy meter, and try to get as many characters in one go while avoiding other supers. It's easy to grasp and requires skill to master. Whereas the % system is just random shit that's gonna put off anyone who didn't grow up with a nintendo (most people outside of US)
>>
File: 1469596446582.jpg (31KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1469596446582.jpg
31KB, 567x561px
>>386910645
>admits he's a nigger
>That autismo rant about being retarded about how Smash works
Holy shit this has got to be a falseflagger
>>
>>386910321
Yeah really.
I hope Sony makes it interesting make it more 1v1 or 2v2 style with fatalities.
>>
File: ULTIMATE POWER.jpg (64KB, 450x619px) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMATE POWER.jpg
64KB, 450x619px
>>386881126
Man this game was fucking bad but I had a lot of fun wave dashing and parrying sniper bullets with Heihachi in a diaper
It's one of those games that you wouldn't give a shit about unless you had some buddies who were bored enough to play with.
>>
>>386910645
>he's not in the game
Isaac from Dead Space is a DLC character moron, do you even played this game you're blindly defending?
>>
>>386881126

Obvious knockoff of Smash Bros that didn't understand what made Smash Bros fun.
>>
>>386910804
>admits he's a nigger
i'm from a country where there are no black people, friendo, also no racism either
and no smash bros faggotry nintendoGAF faggotry either, thankfully
>>
>>386911693
oh yeah sure nigger
>>
>>386911401
> do you even played this game you're blindly defending?
do you even english? you just literally explained why i had no idea he was in the game
>Isaac from Dead Space is a DLC character moron,
>buying DLC
>>
>>386910804
And yet you all keep giving him (You)s instead of actually trying to explain what's supposedly wrong with the super system.
>>386911553
>it's a smash clone and obviously a ripoff because of these superficial genre similarities
>it's not enough like smash remove the mechanics that make it unique and interesting because ???
>>
>>386911861
>him
lol
>>
>>386911861
>superficial genre similarities
>party fighting game using various characters from the console's lifetime

You're reaching hard if you're going to tell me Sony wasn't trying to mimic Smash's success.

>it's not enough like smash remove the mechanics that make it unique and interesting because ???

The thing is that the mechanics aren't unique or interesting they're just boring. Could you imagine Smash if you could only win by using a Final Smash? In PSAS you could beat the fuck out of each other all day long but nothing happens until someone uses a cancerous super move.
>>
>>386912732
Trying to get similar success with a crossover doesn't make the end product a clone at all when the core mechanics are different. You don't still call CoD a Doom-clone do you?
And of course, completely asinine comparisons that show you didn't actually play or even research the game. The super mechanic is very much unique, the only other game with something similar is Dissidia, and there's many core differences between the two. It's also plenty interesting with the core strategy it instills. Building and using supers doesn't work in any way like Final Smashes outside of the very superficial "special move" factor. Hitting the other guy constantly eventually makes your super very hard or even impossible to avoid too, as well as stopping them from hitting you and putting them in a position to hit a super easier. It's pretty satisfying if you actually tried playing the game.
>>
>>386913551
>doesn't make the end product a clone at all
PS All Stars to this day is still the only Smash clone that gets defended to hell and back when its called a Smash clone. Why am I not surprised.
>Hitting the other guy constantly eventually makes your super very hard or even impossible to avoid too
You just admitted a reason why it was shit
>>
>>386913551
>The super mechanic is very much unique

Lol

>the only other game with something similar is Dissidia

And Street Fighter, and MvC, and Mortal Kombat, and Tekken, and pretty much every fighting game

>It's also plenty interesting with the core strategy it instills.

"Beat up the other guy until you can trap him in a super" isn't a strategy when that's the only way to play the game.

>Building and using supers doesn't work in any way like Final Smashes outside of the very superficial "special move" factor.

Right, you don't need the Final Smash to win. The game is playable without the Final Smashes, which is why Smash can actually be fun.

>Hitting the other guy constantly eventually makes your super very hard or even impossible to avoid too

Hitting the other guy constantly should kill him like in every other fighting game. Anybody who thinks a point system based on super moves is a good idea probably sucks ass at fighters and can only cheese their way to wins.
>>
>>386913752
Right right, I forgot Outfoxies was a Smash clone.
>You just admitted a reason why it was shit
No, I admitted a reason why you would be shit if you played it. Meter management is a simple but important and interesting concept. So first you complain that you can't win even if you keep using certain attacks, then you complain because hitting more of those attacks increases your odds of winning? Is it any wonder why it gets defended when it's attacked by such stupid reasoning?
>>
>>386914364
Ah yes, the classic Outfoxies deflection. That game never existed until PS All Stars was being called a smash clone, and sonybros needed a defense mechanism
>then you complain because hitting more of those attacks increases your odds of winning?
you just admitted another reason its shit
>>
>>386914281
Congrats, you entirely missed the point of the super system in a way someone could only do on purpose. That they're the method to actually kill the opponent is kind of a big deal you know.
>"Beat up the other guy until you can trap him in a super" isn't a strategy when that's the only way to play the game
And congrats again on somehow ignoring every possible angle where this type of base gameplay could come from to try and make it sound like you know how it can be played. How would you trap someone into a super? What kind of super would you aim for before using it? How do you stop them from using theirs or avoid them if they get them? The list goes on and I'm not even touching on the getting super part.
>my asinine comparison will make more sense if I use it again, now with added "it's fun because I say so"
Try again.
>Hitting the other guy constantly should kill him like in every other fighting game
Says who, you? Disregarding that the game can be played with lives too, I find it absolutely hilarious that you imply others suck at fighting games and then get upset at "cheesing". What do you play on Fightcade?
>>386914759
No one is bringing consoles into this except you, actually. Also I happened to know about Outfoxies and the legions of platform fighters long before even this game, and would fuck you up with Dweeb any day.
>a game is shit if hitting the enemy makes you win
Fantastic.
>>
File: (LOL.png (190KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
(LOL.png
190KB, 636x358px
>>386902025
>>
>>386915347
>Also I happened to know about Outfoxies and the legions of platform fighters long before even this game
oh I bet you did
>a game is shit if hitting the enemy makes you win
I think you mean "game is shit if hitting the enemy does shit but make a bar go up"
>>
>>386915531
Oh I did in fact. If pretending I don't know something makes you feel better then go right ahead, it hasn't stopped this so far from being the crux of your "argument".
>game is shit if hitting the enemy does shit but make a bar go up
Because why exactly? Nevermind that most games consist of "hitting the enemy does shit but make a bar go down", what makes this particular rendition of a mechanic bad outside of your assumptions. Please tell me if you've actually spent time with the game, I already know the answer but it'll be funny.
>>
>>386916220
>what makes this particular rendition of a mechanic bad outside of your assumptions

All the parts before the super move actually matters in other games.
>>
>>386881126
>need to activate a special to kill your opponent
pretty much this

also, weak roster if you remove Nathan Drake, Raiden and Parappa
>>
>>386916220
>Oh I did in fact
sure you did.
>what makes this particular rendition of a mechanic bad outside of your assumptions.
Makes most of the fighting in the game completely pointless since it all comes down to the special moves, you can wail on an enemy all day but it has no affect on them outside of making your bar go up
>>
>>386916461
And all the parts before the super move matter in this one too which has already been explained several times over, and not only by me.
>>
>>386916596
>pops up right when I hit Post
>my other post works as a reply anyway because it's another parrot of the same ridiculous assumption
How about that.
>>
>>386916601
>shoot your opponent in the face 1000 times in Smash
>they fly farther away with each hit

>shoot your opponent in the face 1000 times in MvC
>they lose

>shoot your opponent in the face 1000 times in PSAS
>your special bar goes up

Your attacks don't mean shit until you start up your combo for a super kill.
>>
>>386916797
But they don't. All those flashy attacks the characters have don't mean shit since all that matters is the Super Moves
>>
>>386907879
THE FUCKING ICE CREAM CONE
>>
>>386916917
>>386916935
And how do you get the super move in the first place? How do you stop your opponent from getting their super, while forcing them into a position you want to try and land your super move? I don't even need to add that there's moves that barely launch an opponent in Smash if at all despite the games not being much of a valid comparison anyway, or that not every game has to work the exact same way.
>>
>>386882589
I actually found the mechanics pretty fun to play with friends,
Stock matches were shit tho
Time matches were great
>>
>>386917535
You build up your bar from wailing on opponents, but that's the point. You're too focused on building up your own bar instead of your enemies, since it barely fucking matters how much you hit them. You don't get any sense of impact with how much you hit them. Its not competitive or strategic, its a race to see who can get their bars up faster.
>>
>>386911805
>being a jew
Spare some shekels to dlc
>>
>>386881126
No Dart
>>
>>386881126
They tried to copy Smash but did not copy any of the properties that made Smash fun or memorable.
>>
>>386917873
So lifting entirely from this post and nothing else, you focus on building up your own bar instead of your enemies because building up your bar helps you win, but to build up your bar you have to hit your enemies, so that would mean you have to focus on your enemies to hit them more and stop them hitting you. But then apparently it barely matters how much you hit them, even though you want to build your bar faster and the only way you can do so is by hitting them. Also there's no sense of the impact hitting enemies brings even though you know it builds the bar that helps you win and you can clearly see the bars, and it's also somehow not competitive or strategic despite you having to use your attacks better and smarter than the other guy to build the bar faster. And you didn't even have to mention the matter of using supers at all which is it's own beast, despite them being supposedly the only thing that matters.
Did you actually read this before you posted it or are you purposefully ignoring the discrepancies here?
>>
File: hVDlG.jpg (317KB, 391x3798px) Image search: [Google]
hVDlG.jpg
317KB, 391x3798px
Obligatory
>>
>>386918560
You just literally proved my point you're too focused on your own bars instead of the enemies. There's no "doing your attacks better or smarter" in this game, they all have the same effect, it makes bar go up and your enemy is unaffected and unchanged. The only thing that matters is a super move you have for a few seconds and once its over its back to focusing on your bar again. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>386917873
You forgot the part where you can grab your oponents to steal meter from them
Pissed me to no end when i was about to do a lvl 3 and some faggot grapped me
>>
>>386918592
Neptune when?
i'll nep you black and blue
>>
>>386919032
Uh, what? All I proved was that your only point is that you personally ignore facets of the game because it's the only way your argument could hold any kind of water. I could just say the blatantly obvious that is, different attacks build different meter, put your opponent in different forms of hitstun and work best in different situations, but you'd probably ignore that or pretend it doesn't matter somehow so I thought I'd just show how ridiculous you sound with your purposefully circular logic that breaks somewhere because you say so. Seriously, have you even played the game before or seen a match of it?
>>
>>386919562
It breaks because the whole meter building concept is entirely pointless. Wail on your enemies from dusk until dawn but all it does is give you a shot at hitting them with your Super Moves, which you can miss with, and then its back to building up the bars again. Oh but if you build up the bar even higher, it'll be harder for them to dodge, but they still can dodge it. And then what? Back to building up the bars. Its no biggie if you miss or fuck up during the first part the opponent just gets to build up their bars faster, which they can also miss with. You see what i'm getting at here?
>>
File: 1437134825257.png (8KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1437134825257.png
8KB, 700x700px
>>386882048
No it's not you gullible fuck. Seth Killian is broke the studio is done they could barely recoup the cash from all the licensing fees

Kill yourself and anyone delusional enough to believe there'll be a sequel
>>
>>386907879
I mained Emmet for a while. Fun times man honestly
>>
>>386920014
What you're getting at is that you've never actually seen the game play out or touched it yourself. Level 2s and 3s are pretty much all capable of being combo'd into from standard moves, and even raw activating Level 3s are extremely difficult to avoid for the entire duration and the question being can you avoid being killed twice rather than can you avoid them, Some are even a single unavoidable kill to pay off getting all the meter. A super is also an important investment and missing one sets you back in the meter game, which requires you to play better in neutral to land hits and keep up before using your attacks better to land a super next time, or even try grabbing them to deplete their meter. Meanwhile the opponent has either a super of their own when you don't have one to use back or a potentially stronger one, giving them more attacks you have to deal with. Assuming you can just dodge everything no matter what is a fast way to lose against anyone that even slightly knows what they're doing.
>>
I NEED GENE FROM GOD HAND.

I NEED ODIN SPHERE AND DRAGON'S CROWN REPS.

GWENDOLYN OR OSWALD WOULD BE OK.

I LITERALLY CAN NOT CHOOSE FROM THE CAST OF DC, THEY'RE ALL GOOD.
>>
>>386921101
And you just proved all that matters is the bloody supers. The meter building should not be part of the game. You barely even talked the regular combat, it was just "this super, that super, " which proves the entire meter building is pointless. You could do this same game with 1 button to attack if you just needed to build up a meter to kill, all the attacks the characters have are entirely pointless, which is the fucking point.

Also that's fucking unbalanced as well since only "some of" them are unavoidable kills. Bit of a double edged sword there
>>
>>386921878
Sure, lets just ignore my previous posts where I mentioned multiple times about how important normals attacks are for winning neutral, keeping your opponent away and putting them into bad situations. Lets ignore basic common sense of different attacks having different ranges, speeds and properties that make them effective in different situations, since up till now I've been assuming you've at least seen the game before. You have got to be doing this on purpose. Why do you keep dodging my question about whether you've played the game before? Is it because you haven't and can't fathom how a different system could work and can only make vague comparisons that don't actually apply? I'll play your game for you then: it's like saying there's no point in hitting someone in Smash because you only have to get them off the stage, which makes the stage pointless. I'm sure you'll focus solely on that shitty comparison too instead of the rest of the post or anything else I've said too. But I'll repeat this yet again, normal attacks build meter and come in different varieties that can work in multiple situations, hitting the enemy can do things like knock them down or to a certain part of the stage. Both types of attacks interweave, you can't build or land a super without normal attacks, but you also need super attacks to finish the opponent.
The unavoidable ones are actually considered weaker overall, thanks yet again for proving how little you know of the game. The unbalance of the game is often cited so obviously that's where you're pulling it from, but bad balance is nothing to do with game mechanics but with how characters use said mechanics.
>>
>>386922886
>it's like saying there's no point in hitting someone in Smash because you only have to get them off the stage
Yeah, bad comparison. The more you hit enemies in Smash the farther and easier it is to fly off the stage. in PS All Stars, they do nothing to your opponent, but they build your meter. The speed, range and properties in the long run do not matter since again, they all do the same thing, nothing to the enemy, and building up your specials. Potentially knocking away your enemy serves as only a mild hinderance to them, it didn't get them closer to defeat, it only bought you maybe a few seconds of time. Also how many situations could there possibly be if your goal is just to build up a meter? I can only see one instance where you toss your enemy to another one (If you're playing more than a 2 player match that is) who's got a special ready to go, but that's about it. And again, that still relies on the bloody specials.

Also to answer your question, yes, I've played this game before. I didn't own it, but I had a friend who played it constantly. I got sick of the gameplay every time we bloody played it and eventually he did too. I think this went on for what, 2 months?
>>
File: 1313355194709.jpg (197KB, 601x451px) Image search: [Google]
1313355194709.jpg
197KB, 601x451px
Sony doesn't have any mascots of their own, especially not good mascots. Sony games generally do not make you feel overpowered. You don't get to jump the height of building, fly, throw hefty-ass bombs with a single hand, or mulch aliens in a cybernetic bird-suit. The most fantastical characters are the likes of Kat, Kratos, or the Final Fantasy crew.

So this creates a problem - how do you create interesting characters? Out of Sony's most recognizable "brands" (and I use the term lightly since most games on the PS2 and beyond are multiplats), you've got
>FIFA
>Madden
>Call of Duty
>Final Fantasy
>Battlefield
>Assassin's Creed
>God of War
>Uncharted

Not very much room for interesting characters that are recognizable, fun, and make for good characters to be in a fighting game.

No matter how trash the gameplay is, if Sony at least had any interesting or recognizable mascots, it would've been halfway decent as a crossover fighter. As it stands, even the Shonen Jump crossover fighters are more interesting.
>>
>>386910645
I know it's a bit late, but you are absolutely fucking retarded.

>The Smash system is confusing
Really? It's the most simple fucking thing ever, besides just depleting someone's lifebar. The more damage someone takes, the farther they fly away, the easier it is to send them into a blastzone which kills them.

There's nothing hard to grasp. Children can understand it. And it's honestly the best system for fightan I've ever experienced, and this is coming from someone who grew up playing SSF2 for hours on end. Because of its simplified input system, increased mobility, and unique objectives, it's created some real fucking cool competitive games. Rivals of Aether is honestly the best fighting game I've played this side of 2015.
>>
>>386924832

>And it's honestly the best system for fightan I've ever experienced,
why are you lying anon?

> It's the most simple fucking thing ever, besides just depleting someone's lifebar.

no it's not, the most simple thing ever after a lifebar is having just one life and dying from touching stuff like in 2D platformers, which translates to dying from a super move in Playstation All Stars, making it much much simpler than
>The more damage someone takes, the farther they fly away, the easier it is to send them into a blastzone which kills them.
that's way too confusing, so do the percentages say how much damage someone takes or deals or has already taken or what? what's a "blastzone"?
KYS
>>
>>386923865
Alright I'll give you a real basic example. You land an attack due to spacing timing etc. in neutral into a combo and choose to end it with a move that knocks your enemy down because you've already brought them to a wall. This forces them into a tricky wakeup situation a la most games. Then you correctly read their roll with another attack that works as a moving projectile trap with long startup, which he only has to deal with because you knocked him down. This then stuns them long enough for you to land a Level 1 super to kill them. You could go for that setup, or you could do a combo that builds more meter, save up for a Level 2 which is a very different attack, and land a much easier to hit combo into it from more of your moveset. Bonus points for who knows what character I'm talking about by the way. Meanwhile what it sounds like you do is mash attacks until you eventually build a Level 1, then immediately walk up and toss it out trying to kill him, then blame the game when it works or doesn't work because you and whoever you're playing doesn't know better. For whatever reason you just can't seem to apply basic strategy to the options you have because the game just happens to have a different core mechanic to what you're used to. Try watching some actual matches sometime, there's far more to it than you want to believe.

If that's true then it sounds like you went into it expecting to hate it, barely tried to learn it, and ultimately didn't play much of it at all. So I was right and you've barely touched the game and are basing all these assumptions and false comparisons on something you have very limited experience with.
>>
File: gravity rush queen kat.jpg (401KB, 1914x2481px) Image search: [Google]
gravity rush queen kat.jpg
401KB, 1914x2481px
>>386907879

Kat a best.
>>
>>386924304
Generic Baseball guy from MLB!
He can be their Wii-Fit Trainer!
>>
>>386924304
You typed this all as though you thought you were right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games
Take your pick, and then add any important third parties. The first game had severe budget issues and no one took the team seriously, and yet it still had a fairly varied roster that all played uniquely (even those two to an extent) despite all the glaring fan favourite omissions.
>>
>>386925378
And this comes right back to my original point, all that matters is the fucking supers. You care more about building up your levels instead of actually doing anything to your opponent. The attacks don't do anything but build up a meter. They can toss your opponents around, but that's about it. No lasting affects on them at all. When you have to rely on a fucking wall to consider your combat good, I'm sorry, its fucking terrible. I want my fighting skills to actually mean something.

Also yes, playing a game for a couple of days a week for 2 months isn't enough, clearly I need to become Melee-fag tier to understand the deep combat system of trapping my opponents against a wall to do any thing of note.
>>
>>386919207
They really should add Neptune, I doubt CH would reject them and she is more famous in occident than in Japan. They could add Noire too as she represents the playstation
>>
>Leaker said they would reveal it in october
Why in october?
>>
>>386925970
Now that's just funny. I didn't even have that wall part in the first draft, but since I noticed you mentioning that nonsense about knocking your enemy away only being a mild hindrance and somehow disregarding the stupidly obvious advantage of positioning in any game I threw that in. I'm really trying not to just write you off but you're making it difficult when you try so hard to deny the most obvious basics of videogames to prove that you know so much about the design of this game you've barely played.
>I want my fighting skills to actually mean something
Good thing you need those to hit and kill someone in this game! I'd love to see you putting these so called skills to the test. You have to be doing this on purpose.
>anyone that's better than me at a game or has basic logic skills is playing it way too much, but I still feel qualified to talk about it
You HAVE to be doing this on purpose.
>>
>>386926871
Well either your attacks knock them down for a short time and can miss with the super or you have to cheapshot them and trap them against a wall to do anything. I don't know, that sounds pretty bad to me.
>Good thing you need those to hit and kill someone in this game!
Those skills are next to worthless if all it amounts to is a super attack than can miss, and then its back to building up the bars. Also
I do feel qualified to talk about it because the combat is shit and they better fix it in the supposed sequel, I want a good fucking game
>>
>>386881126
>no "allstars" in the game
>less fun version of smash

next.
>>
>>386927274
Sure, if you completely disregard any kind of thought or mindgame that comes from any fighting game and ignore the entire movesets of the characters in an attempt to make it sound bad while entirely missing the point, then it'll sound bad. Really running with my random example of showing how knowing the stage and your position is important and part of skill as well, aren't you?
Why do your skills suddenly amount to nothing the moment supers come into the picture? It's just another type of attack that you have to utilize. Part of having skill in the game is knowing how best to use those moves along with the rest of your moveset to land them on the opponent, and knowing when to hold off and build it to be even stronger. Both of which should feature your main moveset in earnest.
>I do feel qualified to talk about it because the combat is shit
lmao
>>
>>386928370
Oh boy, now we're comparing it to other fighting games. Suggesting you trap people against a wall is a terrible example if you wanna say this combat is good.
>Why do your skills suddenly amount to nothing the moment supers come into the picture? It's just another type of attack
You mean the only attack that actually does anything, considering all the other attacks do is flail your opponents around like a ragdoll until you think you're confident enough you can hit your opponent with it. Nothing can change that.
>>
>>386928789
What's this, are you saying the strategic aspect of putting an opponent in the corner is a terrible example of fighting games? What kind of fighting games do you actually play because I would love to know.
>again with this "the attacks they do nothing!" shit
Nah. You're retarded. I'm not repeating myself for about the fifth time because you can't get it through your skull.
>>
File: Spike.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spike.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
imo the super system shine best with the team battle, lot of great combinations and team work. I remember when Raiden used his second super near my partner (Kat) frozing her, then I used super 2 with Spike and killed Raiden.
I wish I recorded that Spikat moment kek.
Also with Kat´s long combos Spike could use his super 1 easier.
Waiting for the sequel, Spike is so fun to use.
>>
>>386929278
>What's this, are you saying the strategic aspect of putting an opponent in the corner is a terrible example of fighting games?
That shit really seems fucking cheap, especially in a game that tries to be different.
I would have enjoyed PS All Stars a lot more if my attacks mattered more than just to get a bar to build up. I they really do give PS All Stars 2 a better attack system with health bars and shit I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>386929608
>calling something so clearly defined and freely usable as the corner of a stage cheap
If only you had said this much sooner I could have just disregarded this entire conversation.
This would probably be the sixth time I'd said your attacks matter and you'd say no they don't because apparently you say so.
>>
>>386929918
>I could have just disregarded this entire conversation.
Well I could have disregarded your arguments from the start by defending this combat system in the first place, so...
>>
File: sarcasm.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
I would say it didn't copy smash enough, but recent happenings, that's probably a good thing.....
>>
>>386930030
(You)'ve embarrassed yourself enough, you don't need to pretend you're on any kind of intelligent standing. Seems like this is where we're leaving off at, I didn't really expect it to end up otherwise. I don't even need to know what fighting games you supposedly play to give you such warped views.
>>
>>386930315
Ones that aren't PS All Stars (You) can see
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.