[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Sony Crossover game is happening, it's planned to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 28

Another Sony Crossover game is happening, it's planned to be revealed at PSX.

Roster includes most of the characters from the original, but also adding nre characters. Some of these are:

>Dr. Nefarious
>Morgana
>Dart
>Noctis
>Aloy
>Crash
>Bentley
>Tomba
>Classic Dante

No stages from the originals will return. All the stages in this game are completely newly made from the ground up. I will say that the Bloodborne stage is my personal favorite I've seen, with the music and mash up being something I'm sure fans will love.

The game will now have life bars, but you still build up a meter for an ultimate attack.

The game is expected to launch next year around the fall. Hope you guy are excited!
>>
>>386395842
Source?
>>
>>386395943
His ass
>>
>>386395842
>All those literal whos
Shitty enough to be true
>>
probs fake but.. any mgs reps?
>>
>>386395842
>Tomba
>Life Bars

Ok I might need to buy this
>>
File: 1486132958527.png (353KB, 1280x642px) Image search: [Google]
1486132958527.png
353KB, 1280x642px
If Spike doesn't look like this, we fucking riot.
>>
>>386396074
You think Konami would allow their characters to be in if Kojima is now buddy buddy with Sony?
>>
>>386396227
Why does everyone not like the Million Monkeys design of Spike?
>>
File: SPIKED.png (32KB, 144x129px) Image search: [Google]
SPIKED.png
32KB, 144x129px
What's your dream roster, /v/?
>>
I actually enjoyed the first game to a degree, even though it was complete and utter shit
>>
>>386396591
It looks a bit "meh" compared to the first and the Big Mission ones, since it doesn't feel like it needed to happen.

Meanwhile, PSASBR made the look even worse.
>>
>>386396639
Chimera Hybrid
King of the Cosmos
Lara Croft
2B
Bloodborne Hunter
>>
>>386395842
Man that game blew ass.
>its seriously not a smash bros rip off, i swear!
And rightfully no, not a single person bought that for a second.
>>
>>386396402
awshitcuz
>>
At least the shitty supers to kill is gone.
>>
>>386396914
Thank god
>>
Sony Smash sounds way better than actual Smash. If they don't fuck it up like what they did to the original then this could give smash a run for it's money.
>>
File: Dr. Nefarious.png (960KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Nefarious.png
960KB, 1280x1707px
if this is true (which i highly doubt it is).

my man Dr. Nefarious is going to be legit my main day 1.
>>
Can we please stop these fucking PlayStation All-Stars 2 threads? I feel like everyday i see someone claiming that it will happen even though they show no fucking proof,
>>
all this non exclusive characters for a playstation only crossover game but no Ico nor Wander RREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
If they have Bentley but no Murray or even Carmelita I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
>>386397658
>Carmelita's special attack is her being giant
>>
SLY
OR
BUST

If he aint in, not interested, it is a corporal fucking sin if he isnt in, and he better get a decent 3 ult that isnt the binocucom.
>>
>>386397780
Sly will obviously be in it. If he isn't then Sony is actually retarded.
>>
File: ugly.jpg (221KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ugly.jpg
221KB, 600x400px
They better give us better looking models.
>>
>>386397952
You doubt the retardation of Sony anon?

Do you really doubt the retardation of any current age console franchise manager?
>>
>>386398289
What the fuck is wrong with Ratchet?
>>
We all know Knack will be in
>>
>>386398491
What even is knack, I keep hearing about it but I dont have a single clue what or who that is.
>>
>>386398963
The new Mario killer
>>
File: Dart4000.jpg (87KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dart4000.jpg
87KB, 768x1024px
>>386395842
>Dart

As in pic related?
>>
>every year
>same shitpost
Fuck off already. It's dead, and I am sad
>>
>>386399230
yes
>>
I want to believe you OP, but there's been so many leaks like PS All-Stars Round 2, that I just can't anymore.
>>
>no stages from the original will return

nigga the Buzz/Little Big Planet stage is the best stage in any Smash Bros, clone or otherwise.
>>
>>386395842
The last game stupidly tried to be different with the KO system to disastrously boring results. If there's ever a sequel it would behoove them to just go full Smash rip-off.
>>
>>386396639
Add on:
Crash
Spyro
Gex
Calypso
Lammy
Pyramid Head
Lara Croft
Max Payne
Captain Quark
Tomba
Aloy
Big Boss or Snake
Murray
Gado The Lion
Bitch from the new infamous
Jersey Devil
>>
>>386395842
fake
no Abe.
Him and Dart were in the works for DLC but they cancelled it. Why would they not put him in the second?
>>
>>386395842
I just want to say that OP has posted something that is very close to what I posted a week or so ago, but he has made some mistakes with this leak. He has some of the characters right, except that these characters were not in the demo that very few including me were shown.

The demo only had a few characters ready, which did not include Dr. Nefarious, Bentley, Dart, or Classic Dante. The demo had everyone else, including Parappa, Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Kratos from the first game.

Another thing he got wrong, the game is being revealed in October and then will have a gameplay and character reveal at PSX. There also wasn't a Bloodborne stage, and he didn't even say the name of the stage.

The demo I was shown had PlayStation Arena, Wumpa Island, Mementos and Tearaway.

Here is the original thread. >>385449626

See you in October.
>>
>>386402147
also, Nemesis and the girl from Parasite eve
>>
Why didn't they pad the first game with side characters and antagonists? That's what Smash does, they could have easily filled out a nice roster if they did. For example Sully from Uncharted or Carmelita from Sly
>>
>>386402860
well, there was evil cole, Zeus, and Radec
Also, no clones besides Evil Cole, unlike Smash where half the roster are clones
>>
File: 1461045331942.jpg (74KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
1461045331942.jpg
74KB, 900x563px
U-1 or any gitaroo man representation?
probably not real but its fun to pretend
>>
>>386395842
I'm not at all opposed to a sequel, I just don't trust Sony to get it right.
>>
>>386395842
I wish this was real.

PSABR was more fun than smash was before they fucked it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>386395842
>aloy
>>
>>386395842
You already made this thread. You claimed it was being revealed at E3. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1490702561825.png (245KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1490702561825.png
245KB, 1465x1209px
>>386395842
What the fuck is it about this particular game that attracts so many fake "leaks"?
>>
>>386395842
>The game will now have life bars
This part I hope is fake, but is most likely to be true since everyone loved to complain about a perfectly fine and interesting mechanic that worked great with the game. Only issue was the game's balance being awful but that had nothing to do with the system, shame the more original part of it is getting removed due to retarded reasoning. Especially since the common shitpost is "Smash clone!" followed by "why isn't this more like Smash?".
>>
>>386398289
>>386398490
That's not how Ratchet looked in game.
>>
>>386404259
honestly if they balanced supers it could be cool, some characters could only get confirmed kills with their level 3s
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 500x319px
>>386403130
One can dream. I want the legendary theme as my victory music
>>
>>386395842
>>386402651

By the way OP, if you actually did see a demo and were shown it in secret with Sony's press relations group then you would know how to respond to the following:

E38G5XM9
>>
>>386404605
What the hell does that mean lol?
>>
>>386402651
If you are actually the leaker from before prove it.

Like you said you were in europe, but it's like 4am there right now. Shouldn't you be sleeping.
>>
>>386404404
That's really all they had to, have a competent and experienced team making and balancing the characters. The system works well and gives you more to think about in a fight while still being straightforward. Props to Superbot for at least coming up with the framework, but they were woefully underqualified and underbudgeted for the task, so a second stab at it would have been perfect. I think at least by the end of the game's lifecycle every character had a level 2 confirm but it didn't matter with all the other balance issues.
>>386396639
I want Alundra in more than anything, but Toan, Max/Monica, Jaster and Leonard from the Level 5 games, Justin and Ryudo or more from the Grandia series, William-sama from Nioh, and Keats/Ellen from Folklore would be amazing.
>>
>>386396043
>literal whos
Crash bandicoot
>>
>>386405341
Not him but where do you think we are?
>>
>>386405341
I'm on a holiday starting tomorrow. Taking my place for the week is another colleague of mine, who will be writing the Mario and Rabbids thoughts article that I was going to write. It's fine though, since he also went to the press event in France and E3 with me to try the game.
>>
>>386402651
The thing that makes this fake is that Game Arts tweeted that they aren't developing the game. They stated that twice on their Twitter.

Also an October reveal absolutely makes no sense either. Sony always reveals their big games this generation at events. They are not doing Paris Games Week this year, so I doubt any of this leak is true.
>>
>>386405594
Ok, tell us something about the PlayStation Arena game that you haven't mentioned on the leak. I don't care how small it is.
>>
>>386405734
Yeah this guy is making a lot of good points. Just checked their twitter and they clearly say they are not developing the game.
>>
>>386405594
Who did you main in the first game?
>>
List of tweets from Game Arts about the rumor.

https://twitter.com/GA_Express/status/892059525653569536

https://twitter.com/GA_Express/status/892951851703742464

https://twitter.com/GA_Express/status/893033633430224897
>>
>>386402651
This guy sounds more legit than you no offense. Scroll up and down for more. >>385898232
>>
>>386406020
Other than the stuff from that old thread that's now archieved from a week ago, I did remember Nathan Drake's voice sounding off. Someone else there also told me Parappa's voice sounded weird too. I think they got new VAs for those two characters.

>>386406185
Parappa
>>
>>386406469
They probably haven't done their VO work imo. I swear to god if they have different VOs for Drake and Parappa then what the fuck.

Also are the level 1, 2, and 3 supers or does everyone just have 1 super attack. If so what were Drake's and Kratos'
>>
>>386406462
Leaker guy can you comment on that. We won't hurt you if you made this up.
>>
>>386406469
You said Game Arts was developing the game, They said on Twitter they aren't. You think they are lying?
>>
>>386406664
I also want to know this. The original post made me confused whether or not there are 3 levels of supers or there is just a super meter for one ultimate attack.
>>
>>386404605
Lol what the fuck. You think Sony would actually send some cult like code to show off their games?
>>
About this whole Game Arts twitter situation.

I know it's not like companies to flat out deny working on stuff via social media, but Game Arts and Sony are keeping this well under the rug. I didn't expect that leak from a week ago to spread as far as I thought. I honestly expected one "fake and gay" response and that's that. Someone from management came into our office to investigate, but I deleted my browser history on my phone and was posting before I got home, meaning my IP from the post is most likely at the train station half way from home. (Multiple people including people with me take this route home anyway)

I swear on my life this game is real. I'm sorry if this sound cheese as fuck, but I want you all to be excited since that CG trailer they have for the October reveal doesn't look exciting at all. (Although it could be just that it's an early render of the film)
>>
>>386406469
Cool choice. The voices might be because they haven't done retakes yet or something. Have they given any reasoning about why they changed to a health system? I know what they might say but hearing it from the horse's mouth is always something else. If it's not too late and they really are thinking of going with health then would you perhaps be able to sway them back to the original system or at least show there's demand for it's return?
>>
>>386406469
So you think this guy is lying then? He sounds like he knows a whole lot about it too >>385898232
>>
>>386407237
Could you clarify the comments on the other thread about Lammy, Dante, Klonoa and a SEGA rep being considered? Is that for launch or DLC. Did the developers mention them or someone asking a question mention those characters?

Idk it seems weird for a developer to talk about who is in the game beyond the demo roster.
>>
>>386407237
What else did the developers/presenters say during the presentation? Anything of note?
>>
>>386407675
The game's director, who I will keep anonymous said that those characters are examples of characters they would like to include, but still need permission to do so. They were mentioned when I asked about what other characters they had the idea of including in the game.
>>
>>386407874
Most of what I was shown or told was already posted by me in the thread from last week where I leaked the full demo roster.
>>
>>386407894
I hope to god that the game director is Seth Killian. He did help on the original PSAS and would be awesome to see him carryover to the sequel.
>>
>>386402147
Where ma nigga Blasto?
>>
>>386407237
In your opinion why would Sony reveal this in October. They haven't revealed a big Sony game this generation that wasn't at an event.

If the game isn't revealed at October, you think it's possible that it would be postponed to PSX?
>>
>>386407237
Is it a CG reveal only or will there be gameplay footage too, or perhaps even a playable show demo? I'm cautious about it's existence and that they'd remove the main thing that made the game unique even if it was real but overall I'm still excited about the potential and concept coming back. Speaking of a playable demo, the free online Beta that released for the first game was a great idea that was essentially what led to me buying the game day 1 full price so something similar would be awesome.
>>
>>386407894
So from the demo you saw, does the game have level 1, 2, and 3 supers like the last game. Or does every character just have one ultimate attack? And did you see Drake's and Kratos' ultimate attack or only Morgana's and Crash's?
>>
>>386408129
Sony want to build up mystery of what the gameplay is going to be like, and what the roster is going to be like in October. In December (PSX) they will show the gameplay trailer that shows a handful of characters.

>>386408181
CG trailer in October, gameplay and playable demo on the show floor. Not sure about an open beta unfortunately. Haven't heard anything about it.
>>
>>386407894
The last thread you mentioned that in Morgana's ultimate attack the person gets a choice whether to give up a life or suffer a devastating attack? Why is that a choice? Wouldn't anyone just pick the latter?
>>
>>386408498
Can you please comment on this other guy who also says there is a sequel in devleopment? He said he a very early build after R&C released last year. I was wondering what you think about the info he told >>385898232
>>
>>386408027
How could I forget Blasto?
Wouldn't be the same without Phil Hartman though.
>>
>>386408496
The demo I was shown had characters only have one super move. I only saw Crash's and Morgana's used in the match, not Kratos or Nathan Drake's unfortunately. Crash has him use the Aku Aku mask to be invisible and deal lots of damage. Morgana's has The Phantom Thieves hold whoever the super move is used on at gun point, and would either be robbed of a life or will suffer and all out attack.

>>386408627
If they choose to take a life, the victim gets a death counted but Morgana does not gain anything. Morgana does gain a kill if he KOs them with his super move.
>>
>>386408747
I don't think he's real in all honesty. You could say the same about me I guess, but I don't really know what else to say about this guy.
>>
>>386407894
Is the game director a prolific guy? Like someone hardcore gamers know? Or is it an unknown?

Also I'd like to know. Does the game look good? Like I liked how the last game looked but at times it can look sterile (like the Sandover village stage had no vibrancy). Do the character models and stages look alive and crisp? Did they mention anything about online play?
>>
>>386409074
So if the gameplay is gonna be revealed at PSX? Why would they show you this like in the middle of summer. Is your article gonna be posted on October then talking only about the announcement trailer and not the gameplay? Cause you said Sony want to keep the gameplay a mystery.
>>
>>386409102
The director is someone that not everyone is too familiar with, but has been involved with fighting games in the past.

The game has a much better art style than the first game. The visuals look a lot like Sm4sh, although lighting and cel shaded characters like Morgana look better than lighting and Toon Link in Sm4sh. The game looks a lot faster than the first game as well, a lot more fluid movement from the characters.

>>386409303
Sony are basically prepping us to write positive articles and are paying us to do so. Even the CG reveal they want us to say great (silly imo) things like "It's great now that Crash Bandicoot is in, meaning the game has a more sellable character than Parappa" or "Aloy will be a great addition to the cast, as the ratio of male and female characters in the first game was limited"
>>
>>386408824
Does Morgana look like he was ripped out of Persona 5 and look unified with the other characters? And I presume Crash has the same model he does in the N Sane Trilogy.

Also how is Spyro in the game? Doesn't Toys for Bob have an iron grip on Spyro?
>>
>>386409642
Lol Sony fucking kills me.

Did you see any character select screen or stage select screen? If so, what version of Spyro is it. Classic or Skylanders?
>>
>>386409656
>>386409826

Spyro was not in the demo I saw, and was not yet confirmed by the developers that he would be in the game.

Morgana's model I can't really tell if it's ripped or not, but it surprisingly looks pretty unified alongside non cartoony characters somehow. Also yes, Crash resembles the N Sane Trilogy design.
>>
>>386409642
Curious to know how the Persona stage plays out? What happens in the background, anything interacting with the players? When does the WipEout transition start and how does it affect the stage and players?
>>
>>386409990
You mentioned Spyro on the last post though...>>385449626

Aw man please tell me you didn't fuck with us. I wanted this to be real so bad.
>>
>>386408498
I see, thanks. Something like the open beta (though betas are always just demos with another name now) before release would be an excellent way to advertise the game, and even releasing the stage demo on PSN would be nice. Hint hint.
>>
>>386409990
Did they mention anything about online play, and anything on more modes and unlockables?
>>
>>386410206
Dude imagine at the end of the gameplay segment at PSX they say "OUT ON PSN TODAY"
>>
>>386410180
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I WANTED THIS TO BE REAL SO BAD! GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>386396591
Million Monkeys was a flaming wreck of a game, no trace of it should remain.
>>
>>386410060
I talked about Mementos in the last week thread, but here is how it is.

The stage has two train platforms with two train tracks, along with some platforms above them. Trains come by every so often and can deal a bit of damage. The stage has its own UI elements, being The Phantom Thieves talking about the battle that is underway. The dialogue will be varied depending if Morgana is in the battle, who is going up against who, the stage transitioning to WipeOut, etc.

The transition is similar to the Heavenly Sword stage from the first game, where a WipeOut track is being built and every so often the vehicles come speeding by. The WipeOut tracks take over the train tracks, and touching the tracks will cause you to be stunned.
>>
>>386409642
So you saw no character select screen or stage select screen? Was it a live demo or pre-recorded.

Also how do you know about other characters like Noctis, Spyro, Ratchet and PaRappa? Did the developers mention them? Cause you said you only saw Kratos, Drake, Crash, Morgana, and Aloy from the CG trailer.
>>
>>386410358
That's something that always makes me wonder, especially after Capcom fucked up with the lackluster MvCI demo when they had a much more fitting one at E3 that they could have launched. Something like that would be insane, and if it was online enabled too it'd be a masterstroke.
>>
>>386410180
Oh, my bad! Sorry my memeory is a bit hazy as it is late night. I was mainly thinking about the characters I saw gameplay of.

Which answer the earlier question if I saw a character select or not. I did, but I couldn't see Spyro too clearly. He looked sort of like the Spyro from 2007-2008 from the distance I saw.
>>
>>386405734
You think they would tell the truth of twitter? Everytime a leak happens most developers deny it
>>
File: 1499947307626.jpg (45KB, 653x655px) Image search: [Google]
1499947307626.jpg
45KB, 653x655px
>>386410734
>Oh, my bad! Sorry my memeory is a bit hazy as it is late night.

This shit is pretty much confirmed fake now.
>>
>>386410734
Pls be classic spyro. Pls Pls pls.

Being the model from the Legend of Spyro would be really strange imo. Like I know Skylanders is dying out but with the success of the N Sane Trilogy you would think that Spyro would get the remasters too. And him in his classic form as well.

Also any talk about online support and whether or not it would be better than the original;s? And how did the character select screen look? Did it only have the 9 characters or did it have the full 32 but the remaining slots were all locked out.
>>
>>386410265
Online play will have all the modes of the previous games, along with some sort of clan mode. Unlockables are going to probably be the same as the first game, except no mascots this time. Don't know anything else about online or unlockables.

>>386410681
I didn't see Noctis or Spyro unfortunately, and it's a sha,e because o really wanted to see how he played. All I saw of Noctis was a glance of him teleporting which is likely an up special move. Other characters from the first game keep their original move sets, although slightly altered in the way they deal damage and how physics work, etc.

>>386411021
>4:23 am UK time
>brain is going to function 100%

Alright mr perfect! :^^^)
>>
>>386411172
The character select screen had a lot of empty space, no blank slots.
>>
>>386410734
Eh idk anymore. I doubt people would believe you after that one. Give us a reason to trust you again and that was just an honest mistake at your part.
>>
File: Spyke 2.png (53KB, 315x301px) Image search: [Google]
Spyke 2.png
53KB, 315x301px
>>386411021
There have been three leakers on /v/ talking about a PSAS sequel lately. I don't know why the fuck. Despite the first one being one of my favorite games, I'm fine with these leaks being BS, so I don't have to buy a PS4 for one game.
>>
>Noctis

Aaand this is where you leaked the bait too hard. FFXV has an Xbone marketing deal, Noctis isn't even a memorable character (yet, idk). They'd only add Cloud
>>
>>386411221
How did you see Noctis gameplay? I thought you were only shown a trailer and a match between Kratos, Drake, Morgana and Crash?
>>
File: 1461348902048.jpg (27KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
1461348902048.jpg
27KB, 636x636px
>>386411221
>implying i'm not in the UK myself
>implying i'm not going to track you the fuck down and smack you the fuck up for taking shit on a mongolian basketweaving forum
>>
>>386395842
>making a game for the psx instead of ps4

absolute madmen
>>
>>386411464
It was as I was leaving, I saw someone else watching footage whilst walking out of the room. I was told to make my way out as soon as I finished watching my preview, so I didn't want to break rules and snoop on someone else's preview session.
>>
>>386411480
Dude chill, I'm just a journalist being paid to shill a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>386411649
Ah cool, remember what stage?

Also tell the CSS doesn't look as generic as this.
>>
What characters from the first game do you expect to be cut?
>>
>>386411221
So Kratos' moveset isn't taken from the new game? That's a little weird, but it would be weird the other way around too, and at least this way they don't run into the Donte issue, one of them anyway.
>>386411381
It could be fake, or it could be market research. That's why I personally always try to respond to these kinds of threads genuinely since you never know who could be watching or who they can get in contact with add Dart add Abe add Alundra add everyone I mentioned keep the super system intact but balance it better add a Dark Cloud 2 x Demon's Souls stage.
>>
>>386411919
I hope to god they bring back Radec and Emmett Graves.

Also add Chimera Hybrid, King of All Cosmos from Katamari, Sora (I know it'll never happen), 2B and Abe.

And give War of the Monsters a stage will ya.
>>
File: 1495592940873.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495592940873.gif
3MB, 320x240px
Sony ponies are actually excited for a sequel of a shitty smash ripoff filled with literally who's.
>>
>>386411870
It was the Whumpa Island stage, but before the stage crossed over with Horizon unfortunately. I remember it having various level layouts from the actual island in Crash 1 seem in the background. The stage seems to have a similar layout to the DK stage from SSB64, without the barrels of course.
>>
>>386411649
How the hell do you keep finding these PSAS threads? /v/ is a big place idk how you stumble upon them.
>>
@386412080
(You)
>>
>>386412170
I tend to look at the catalog a lot since the front page of /v/ doesn't have what I'm looking for, or it's a thread about e celebs or not fucking video games.
>>
File: Selvie and Suigi.jpg (277KB, 765x850px) Image search: [Google]
Selvie and Suigi.jpg
277KB, 765x850px
PUT IN SELVARIA AND LAHARL YOU DICKS
>>
>>386412281
Was the demo live or pre-recorded? I'm assuming none of the press got to play it right?

If live, was it just one guy playing it against A.I. or did 4 people play in one match?
>>
>>386412447
It was a pre recorded replay running in engine, which also gives me the impression there will be a replay saving function in the final game. It was weird they didn't let us actually play.
>>
>>386412104
Did the developer specifically say that the roster was going to be 32 characters? Also any number on stages?
>>
>>386412080
A sequel is a chance to make a better one though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFoPK2Xc396gr63NHtrqBxihf_t5OZjUB

Someone made a playlist of character themes and stage music. It's cool that someone is so enthusiastic about this to make a playlist for it. Kudos!
>>
>>386412104
How long did your preview session last? And if you could describe the order of event? Was it, trailer, then gameplay, then questions, then finish? Or was the question session with all the journo's or did everyone have their own?
>>
>>386412662
They said they are aiming to get around 32 characters into the game, but did not specify how many stages there would be. I would assume there would be less stages, since franchises cross over with each other and there might be more than one rep per series in the final roster.
>>
>>386412067
I too hope that the forward triangle man of sniper spam returns, that shit was too much fun. Emmett too was great and they really conveyed the whole "set up a base and fuck everyone else that comes near" aspect well. Sora might be more likely than you think though if they want to push KH3, but I'd definitely play him if he got in. Lu Bu and Sgt Cortez would be great too.
>>
>>386395842

>Bently

It better be Sly 3 Wheel Chair Bently
>>
>>386395842

>Bloodborne stage is my personal favorite

What is it fused with anon? Or did you forget about the fusion aspect?
>>
>>386412780
The mementos stage music concept doesn't have the battle them and it crosses over with Gran Turismo and not WipEout.
>>
File: PlayStationAllStars.jpg (49KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStationAllStars.jpg
49KB, 256x295px
>1 million units shipped.

Surely this would mean it was a successful product, no?
>>
>>386412929
It was first they showed us a presentation which they show to members of press and investors. They then showed us both the CG trailer and the gameplay reveal trailer they have prepared, (although it is early versions of them) they then have us ask questions, and then they put each of us in front of a screen to watch a replay carefully and jot down info. Once we left back to where we work, we discuss how we're going to write the article about the game in a positive light.

I'm going to be at PSX, so I will be able to get hands on with a playable demo and write down more about how it plays and what characters I liked.
>>
>>386413189
The person who made it probably couldn't get Last Surprise to work with a song from WipeOut, or read the thread incorrectly.
>>
>>386412934
Stage count less than 32, or less than 14 which was the number (not including DLC) in original PSAS.at launch.
>>
>>386413345
I think the stage count will be more than 14. They did mention possible DLC stages and characters after all post launch.
>>
>>386413230
So the gameplay demo was not live? If it was live was it just one guy playing it against some A.I.?
>>
>>386413194
Sony did say it was profitable
>>
File: 1496464548778.png (28KB, 178x226px) Image search: [Google]
1496464548778.png
28KB, 178x226px
>>386412674
>a sony game
>good
hahaha here's your (you)
>>
>>386413483
I mentioned earlier it was a replay that was pre recorded in engine.
>>
>>386413194
It actually really was. The original game has a budget of two pairs of shoes and a cup of coffee, it would be difficult for it not to have made money.
>>
>>386413194
A sequel with more recognisable and relevant characters would sell way more copies. All this info being true could mean this game could sell nearly as many copies as Brawl.
>>
>>386413230
Anything of a release window? Did you get a chance to talk about it with other journo's that were there" If so did they like what they saw?
>>
>no gex
>no rayman
>no klonoa
>no chop chop master onion
>no lammy
>no neo cortex
>no spyro
>no patapon

DROPPED
>>
>>386413624
The game started development in October 2016 right> Does that mean they first started working on the code in October? If so then damn they must have worked their asses off if they got something ready for a presentation.

Did Game Arts talk about why they were chosen for this project? I assume they are because they have experience with Brawl and TMNT Smash Up.
>>
>>386414019
Spyro was confirmed in a previous thread
>>
>>386414238
inb4 skylanders spyro
>>
I've said it a thousand times, but Playstation's crossover fighting game should have been a Tekken Tag Tournament clone, not a smash bros clone.
>>
>>386413469
What characters do you personally want to see in the game that you don;t know of?

Also do you know if Game Arts will be listening to fan requests this time around? Like will they do something like the Smash Ballot?
>>
>>386413803
A lot of people mentioned that characters also in the first game keep their move set from the first game. Other info I heard unfortunately was not useful at all.

>"Spyro is LIKE, TOTALLY the Meta Knight of this game. You know what I'm saying? Ha ha!"

>"Noctis is cute in this game, but I think Crash was cooler"

>"I want to beat up Morgana with Aloy so badly, and make 4chan people angry on Twitter. Why do they get angry at progressive characters?"

Games journalist is best job. :^)

Other than that, they're aiming for I think it was a summer 2018 release? Check the thread from last week to see if I got that right.

>>386414023
GameArts did mention their work on TMNT Smash Up, but didn't mention Brawl. The code did begin in 2016, but they have source code from the first game given to them by Sony meaning porting over previous characters and adding new stuff was much easier.
>>
>>386395842
No Nep no buy
>>
>>386414401
I really want to see Lammy or Klonoa return, which according to the developers might be possible if they get the permission to use them.

They mentioned that they would be happy to add in characters who have a lot of people wanting them back via DLC after launch, though for newcomers they will think of a ballot system like Smash I'd believe.
>>
The most important question is: will Sir Dan finally get the buffs and representation that he deserves?
>>
>>386414735
Depends if they bring him back. I'd imagine with enough fan requests they'll bring him back as DLC post launch.
>>
Will there be better alt skins/costumes in the sequel? A lot of people agreed that Evil Cole should've been an alt skin as opposed to taking up a character slot.
>>
>>386414458
In the other thread you mentioned Autumn 2018 and the stage cound being 24 and the character count 32. Sound true?

And do games journalist's really sound like that? This kinda just seems like you're trying to shit on other people who work in games journalism.
>>
>>386414815
When asked about Evil Cole, some team members laughed and said "we'll deal with him if Cole is in the game"
>>
File: Futurecop_h1.jpg (84KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
Futurecop_h1.jpg
84KB, 500x381px
GIMME A PLAYABLE X1ALPHA YOU FUCKS
>>
What's the point of the DLC characters of the first game if they won't even show up in the second game
>>
File: EDF2art.jpg (246KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
EDF2art.jpg
246KB, 700x355px
>all of the sony characters i want are niche, weebshit or both
I'd buy this shit in a heartbeat if it had a playable EDF rep.
>>
>>386414908
What other questions did other journo's ask that could be good to know?
>>
I honestly think Big Daddy, Issac Clark, Raiden, Evil Cole, Fat Princess, Nariko, and Emmet Graves will be cut.
>>
>>386415118
I hope Fat Princess and Emmett Graves don't get cut. And I'm really hoping Radec returns.
>>
>>386414863
Yup, sounds more like it.

I'm not trying to shit on the games journalism industry at all. Those were genuine things I've heard. Most of the people they brought along were two females, a Nintendo fan, a guy who's clearly got beef with mombot, some guy who thinks Dark Souls is hard and then there's me. The people who played the previous game didn't really pay as much detail as I did it seems. They were more excited to see Aloy and Noctis than writing about details.

You know those group projects where you do all the research whilst everyone watches Family Guy funny moments? That's what it felt like to me.
>>
>>386415118
>Raiden

Good. Fuck him and his lvl 2 special. Besides Evil Cole, I think Sony needs all the characters they can muster. I don't see them scrapping Fat Princess or Nariko just yet.
>>
>>386415093
A lot of them asked about characters and the roster, surprisingly only one person asks shit like "how many characters are poc" and the Japanese developers at the back look at each other in confusion. Many of the questions asked have been answered in this thread and previous thread I was at.
>>
>>386414806
Honestly, I think he's one of the most likely returning characters. Him being in the first game was a huge deal for most people that got the game (like me), and he got in already due to big fan demand which hasn't changed.
Also there was that other guy in the last thread who saw a demo with very early characters put together to test the engine, which were Sweet Tooth and Sir Dan.
>>
>>386415290
I'd like to seem them get as many characters as they can bring back from the original minus Evil Cole. Raiden will probably be cut cause Kojima and Sony and working together now.

I hope to god that King of the Cosmos, Tomba, Chimera Hybrid, Blasto, and Robbit are in it this time.
>>
>>386415503
I'm not sure if the other guy is correct, UNLESS they updated the demo and showed it to press in different countries. Probably most likely the case.
>>
>>386415443
It's weird to me that you want Klonoa and Lammy to rerun and yet the developers specifically mentioned those characters.
>>
>>386415646
I'm assuming you have screenshots and/or footage from the game you can't show?
>>
Game Arts should just pull from this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DZbRuv1N_s
>>
>>386415290
Nariko can be replaced with the girl from dawn horizon
>>
>>386415646
There's enough room that both of you could be correct really. Just like there's enough room for both you to be bullshitting, but it's fun to talk about either way. He did say that it was very early on so it could have been long before you saw it. He also said you seeing stages so early was odd but those ones could be the only ones made for the demo specifically to give them something to show.
Also since I have to ask a question every post, was there any mention or did anyone ask about characters from the Grandia series like Justin, Feena, Ryudo or Mareg?
>>
>>386415852
No cameras were allowed in, nor were we given any press screenshots or videos. We will likely get that sent to us in October and December when they want us to write positive stuff about the game.

>>386415762
It was a total coincidence despite how silly it sounds, but it doesn't confirm they're actually going to be in the game. All down to if Namco is willing to let them use Klonoa instead of a Tekken character for example, or if Sony execs want to have Lammy when they could instead put in a product placement character. Heck, they could be delayed to post launch DLC later on, or just scrapped.
>>
>>386416136
They didn't mention anything about Grandia, other than when they introduced themselves as developers of Grandia games. They might include some sort of Easter egg to their previous works in the game at very least.
>>
>>386416313
It does make sense that Game Arts is working on this since they haven't released anything since 2015. But their team is 30 people. Seems like a bit small considering the scale of this project.
>>
>>386416474
Wasnt SuperBot basically Seth Killian and a couple others
>>
I never of Game Arts, are they good developers?
>>
>>386416153
From the gameplay demo you saw, who would you personally main?

Also you mentioned that Crash won the match and did his signature dance with the other characters clapping in the background. Were they in another area like what happens in Smash or where they still on the Persona Stage?
>>
>>386416153
Why not have both Klonoa and Heihachi? Activision was willing to let both Crash and Spyro be this. And look at Smash Bros. 4, that game had 2 Capcom characters and 2 Sega characters.
>>
>>386416474
I think Game Arts may also have people from other studios helping out as well. Sony may be sending over people to help out, because I can't imagine either them working on a sequel to a fighting game with more characters than the original. A lot of involvement with modelling and animating characters, along with stage models, music and VAs would have to be helped with by the studios that the respective characters are from.
>>
>>386416631
never heard*
>>
>>386416712
From the gameplay I saw, Crash looks like the most fun to play as. As for the results screen, it was on the stage itself.

>>386416725
They could do that I guess. We will have to wait and see.
>>
>>386416631
Game Arts having worked on various RPGs which are pretty solid. They also helped out with Brawl and worked on TMNT Smash Up.
>>
File: excited.gif (5KB, 124x126px) Image search: [Google]
excited.gif
5KB, 124x126px
>>386416313
>other than when they introduced themselves as developers of Grandia games
That's enough for me to believe there's hope that they'll add characters or something from it. Would be great to V Slash angry bald man to one of the best battle themes ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONfsUCAARE
>>386416604
Seth Killian was on Sony Santa Monica, who only came onboard after the game was released and were in charge of the DLC and final patch, though how much he actually was involved in is anyone's guess. Superbot was a tiny team as well comprised mostly of newcomers, with the only notable people being the mighty Omar Kendall who did the PR and worked on some UFC game, and Clockwork who supposedly was helping with balance but most likely got ignored or made characters look too good.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>386416927
Does the character select screen layout look anything like this?
>>
Well, I think I'm done here for now. I've missed out on a ton of sleep so I think I need to get to that. I will be around on other PlayStation AllStars threads if anyone is talking about this info I have.

Catch you guys later!
>>
>>386417015
Helped made Brawl so they got experience to make this game
>>
>>386417164
Before I go, yes, it does look like that. The icons for characters to select are bigger than the player portraits at the bottom, more even like Smash Bros character select.
>>
>>386417178
Thanks for everything, if the game is real which I hope it is everyone owes you their thanks.
>>
>>386417178
Thanks for the secret info that may or may not be but hopefully is real, see you in the next thread.
>>
>>386396043
>not know Dr. Nefarious, Crash, or Bentley
Get out.
>>
>>386395842
I'M GONNA NEED SOME DISGAEA REPS

I'M GONNA NEED SOME VANILLAWARE REPS (ODIN SPHERE OR DRAGON'S CROWN)

I'M GONNA NEED GENE FROM GOD HAND TO BE IN.

YOU GIVE ME THOSE AND I'LL BE GOOD.
>>
They need to add secondary characters to the roster, like Ashelin from Jak or Captain Qwark from Ratchet. Also more villains, Zorok from MediEvil and Nyx from Infamous would be nice additions
>>
File: latest[1].png (2MB, 1060x2048px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 1060x2048px
Hoping for this guy
>>
>>386395842
you're getting Dunte and Skylanders and you will be happy for that
>>
>>386417832
I liked that having one character per franchise meant that they could cover a wide variety of games so I wouldn't really mind if they did the same thing, but some games and game series' just have way too many fantastic characters to not have extra inclusions. Just as long as they didn't go overboard.
>>
File: Dart_pose2.jpg (686KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dart_pose2.jpg
686KB, 1600x1000px
>>386399230
>have a game with clashing aesthetics like realistic Nathan Drake and cartoony fat princess
>give dart some stylized design
I wish he made it in the game but not like this.
>>
>Sony All-Stars 2
>No Persona rep still

Why
>>
>>386420459
Morgana
>>
>>386419149
That looks like an early first version of the model, it probably would have looked much better if they spent more time on it, it doesn't look too different to how he looked before.
>>386420459
Word on the street is that it'll have Morgana.
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 284x177px
>Dr. Nefarious
I seriously hope not, rachet and clank is all that needed from that shit series

>Morgana
cute character are needed i guess

>Dart
cant remember who that is, but if it a jrpg character then it welcome

>Noctis
I enjoyed final fantasy 15, but it took to long to come out, gives us someone like sephiroth or tifa, even that fag from 10

>Aloy
meh

>Crash
finally a good decision
>Bentley
If this is the sly cooper game, i say fuck no, hes not interesting at all
>Tomba
10/10 decision
>Classic Dante
sure

the game needs more japanese support, the lack of fanservice is pissing me off.
I hope for the best
>>
Sony just doesn't have a strong enough roster that is actually theirs (their own fault)
If they had bought the rights to Digimon and Disgaea back in they day they'd at least have something.
>>
>>386402147
>Aloy
Ah yes the classic playstation icon
>>
>>386421183
You could make an incredible roster just from using the games on here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games
>>
>>386411649
you dumb cunt. If you're some trashy QC/QA designer pleb and you were shown 1 bit, they can already deduce from your answers which specific group has broken NDA. if you have any brains left in that fudge brains of yours you will stop posting now.
>>
File: 1496211804226.gif (543KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496211804226.gif
543KB, 480x480px
>>386396639
Solid Snake
Spyro
Crash
Someone from Resident Evil (preferably from 1 or 2)
Ostrava or Garl Vinland
Harry Mason or James Sunderland or Heather Mason
Pyramid Head
Alucard
Wander
Throw in some FF characters
Maybe Ethan Mars because it'd be funny
>>
She'd never make it in but a man can dream.
>>
I never knew I wanted to play as Morgana in a fighting game up until now. Day one it is.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.