[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breath of the wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 45

File: IMG_1231.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1231.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
Did you enjoy your time with Breath of the Wild? What's your favourite moment in the game?

What do you want the next zelda game to be like? What do you want them to keep from breath of the wild and what do you want them to significantly tweak/remove?
>>
>>386621373
I want another wind waker style game but this time you can actually go underwater
>>
>>386621529
Oh boy can't wait to have tedious sailing again.
>>
Anyone miss companions? Wolf link is silent and kind of sucks
>>
>>386621859
Nope. Enjoyed the beautiful sounds of silence and being left to my own devices, at least for one game.
>>
>>386621859
Out of all the companions the only good one is midna as she actually has attacks of her own, giving her more character
King boat doesn't count because his combat is awful
>>
>>386621859
Not at fucking all.
>>
>>386621859

Zelda will be likely a companion in the DLC. Hope she isn't too talkative though
>>
>>386621373
Actual dungeons that aren't the same design with a slightly different gimmick each time, and make them take longer than 10 minutes to solve. Cut the map size by 30-40%. Make the music more memorable and experimental/varied like OoT/MM's soundtracks were instead of bogstandard orchestra shit and remixes of old tracks. Maybe change the weapon system a bit so it's not so "slap an enemy 5 times and your sword snaps." And if you're going to make the game heavily centered around the story, at least give more than like two characters screentime. The only one in the game that got any real development was Zelda, and out of the champions only Mipha and Urbosa felt like they were in more than like two scenes. The Goron and especially the Rito parts of the game felt rushed as fuck.
>>
File: DF2U1FkV0AAmItf.jpg (118KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DF2U1FkV0AAmItf.jpg
118KB, 1200x675px
>>386621859
No. I took my horse everywhere so he fulfilled the role of a companion. If I could've added a dog or wolf companion to the group, it would've been perfect.
>>
>>386621373
Next Zelda should be like Wild Breath except with no shrines and a greater focus on spelunking and underground areas. Ganon's Castle was a fun take on a traditional dungeon as everyone probably took a different route to the boss. More of that with more distinct bosses, not purple blobs with glowing blue eyes. Instead of shrines, scatter those Hylia coins around. Getting to them will be the puzzle. Keep it cohesive. No loading.
Add fun stuff like crossbows and whips.
>>
>>386621373
>Did you enjoy your time with Breath of the Wild?
Hell yeah. GOTY so far pulling ahead of persona
>What's your favourite moment in the game?
Too many to list off the top of my head, but if I had to choose one is the whole process of sieging hyrule castle. Didn't think it cheesing it so it was a fucking fantastic experience
>What do you want the next zelda game to be like?
Keep the open world but have more and larger dungeons, more enemies and more runes.
>What do you want them to keep from breath of the wild
The lack of tutorial, the physics puzzles and the world design. Keep the shrines as well but make them look different. Keep the divine beast gimmick of changing the dungeon. I like the cooking and hunting system as well. Runes should also be carried over, along with the crazy physics shit
>what do you want them to significantly tweak
Weapon durability is one. I like it but they should make switching easier and add more diverse movesets for weapons. Add blacksmiths as well with an option to repair and upgrade
>Remove?
Ehhh the fetchquests? They are optional though. Maybe the Korok seeds? Replace them with more unique rewards
>>
Yes. Game was incredible. Now that they've laid the foundation with the physics engine and whatnot, I'd like to see more variety of enemies and the different tiers of enemy should fight with different tactics rather than just being high-damage/damage-sponge versions of lower tier enemies.

I get the dungeon complaint but I don't want all the Divine Beasts replaced with full-length dungeons because the Divine Beast level designs were incredible. Maybe they could have some full-length underground dungeons in addition to shrines and Divine Beasts? Best of all worlds. I wouldn't want to sacrifice Divine Beasts and shrines to have dungeons back.
>>
>>386622558
But you can't take your horse everywhere, especially with how vertical the world is at times
>>
>>386622954
Yeah loved the divine beasts too, shame they ended so soon
>>
>>386623002
Surprisingly, I didn't find there were too many vertical barriers so I rode my horse all over the place.

Only areas that explicitly prevented horses from entering seemed to be Death Mountain and Gerudo Desert.
>>
>>386621859
Zelda veteran here. FUCK companions. The first game in the series is still one of my favorites because its so open, and you (the player) make all of your own decisions. Nobody tells you where to go or what to do. That's what an adventure game should be.
>>
File: C9z4crtUIAEz8Td.jpg (75KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9z4crtUIAEz8Td.jpg
75KB, 1200x675px
>>386623002
The only place I couldn't get him into was the desert (because there's a barrier that causes horses to buck Link off and be teleport away), past the stairs going into Zora's Domain and Rito village, the very tip tops of mountains, and on the top of Death Mountain because of the heat. Strafing works wonders with horses.
>>
>>386621373
Yes.
The ten minutes I spent trying to look at Purah's panties (fuck you camera) and then realizing what a perv I am.
Dunno.
Dunno.
>>
>>386623485
*places *were *teleported
Goodness, I need to go to sleep.
>>
>>386623560
Are you me. That's the first thing I tried to do after I met her
>>
File: arrows.jpg (316KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
arrows.jpg
316KB, 800x469px
I love the world reset exploit.
>>
>>386621859

I agree with you. I won't mind a companion that can help alleviate how depressed and lonely the world feels
>>
>>386621373
I enjoyed it for what it was, but it's not the type of direction I want Zelda taking and I'll probably never replay it. Having real dungeons again is an absolute necessity and exploration needs to be better incentivized. Korok seeds were decent, but there was no reason to clear enemy camps. Should have just had more koroks held hostage at every camp instead of a single weapon that would always be weaker than what you'd used to clear it.
>>
Have more unique hostile encounters. I've seen footage of an aggroed Talus taking on an aggroed Guardian. They should have seen more potential in this. You could design whole puzzles centered on making your enemies fight and harm one another.
Lynels should target Bokoblins on horseback with extreme prejudice for being "false Lynels". The mobs already have so much personality, having an established pecking order among them would make the world feel truly Wild
>>
Has anything changed in the new patch?
>>
>>386623696
Hope you didn't have auto update turned on Anon. :^)
>>
>>386621373
make it like windwaker, except not done by Nintendo/aonuma.
>>
>>386621373
I enjoyed the first ten or so hours, but that enjoyment sharply declined from there. It's the first console Zelda I have no intention of beating.
>>
>>386624330
Trial of the sword map reset glitch is gone
>>
I hated this game, like many other games, but of course, like many others, have never played it.

But I've seen other people play it so I know what I'm talking about. I'm one of those f2p gamers who plays TF2, Dota, and Paladins.
>>
>>386624498
Nope. I don't even have proper internet.
>>
>>386624593
it's shit, deal with it.
>>
STORY DLC WHEN?
>>
File: DGByBCkV0AACLV1.jpg (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DGByBCkV0AACLV1.jpg
90KB, 800x600px
Thoughts on the BotW nendoroids that just got announced? I'm definitely getting pic related.
>>
>>386625032
I wish real figurines would replace amiibo shit.
>>
>>386624803
December
>>
>>386624256
>having an established pecking order among them would make the world feel truly Wild

But they do anon. Just a couple hours ago I was by Lake Akkala and there was a group of baddies where a few bokoblins looked like they were bitching at a moblin standing up front and a lizalfos standing next to him as his second in command.
>>
>>386625126
*I wish these and real figurines
>>
File: DEatPhOUAAA2uuz.jpg (90KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DEatPhOUAAA2uuz.jpg
90KB, 1200x675px
>>386624803
It's supposed to be later this year, right? It can't come fast enough. I'm excited to see what they do with the Champions and their successors. I'm also looking forward to the new dungeon. Hopefully it's not another Beast. I loved the Beasts but I want a more traditional dungeon.
>>
Didn't enjoy it. I beat one of the dungeons and dropped it. Such a beautiful world with so much to explore, but no reason to care.
>>
>>386621373
I didn't overly care for it. It was ok, but very empty, in my opinion. I think it was the game I needed to let the series go, as the last 3D Zelda game I enjoyed even a little was Windwaker (which still had a lot of problems), and the last 3D Zelda game I enjoyed before that was OoT. The last 2D Zelda game I enjoyed was LttP.

So I guess it really doesn't matter what they do from now on, because I'm pretty much over the game. I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles X and NieR Automata much more than BotW.
>>
>>386625327
This. I thought the world was beautiful, but I quickly came to realize I enjoyed almost nothing else about the game. A shame as Zelda is one of my favorite series and MM is a strong contender for my favorite game.
>>
>>386625569
The game isn't like the other 3D zeldas at all so it's totally understandable why a diehard zelda fan would not enjoy it
>>
>>386625543
same. they'll never make the Zelda I want, so no sense in bothering. no point chasing that OOT dragon anymore. I didn't even think OOT was THAT great back in the day.
>>
>>386625327

For me, it's the most genuine Zelda experience since WW. TP and SS both felt like they didn't really know what they were doing. BotW has an actual solid direction.
>>
>>386625650
yeah, too much like skyrim.
>>
>>386625662
I thought OoT was that great (though I hated MM). That said, Xenoblade X did a much better job of sating that "Let's explore!" vibe than Zelda did. I spent dozens of hours just exploring everything I could without even touching on the story, and had a blast finding all sorts of secret shit, like caves, a mech in the water that turned hostile when you touched it, and just trying to get a new vantage point.

BotW looked really promising in its initial hours, but you pretty much figured out all there was to the game within the first few hours, which was very disappointing.
>>
>>386625710
>the most genuine Zelda experience since WW
It felt like it could've been from an entirely different series, or a new IP if it didn't have the Zelda skin.
In a way, I'd almost liken it more to Hyrule Warriors than to any previous Zelda game.
>>
>>386625982
>BotW looked really promising in its initial hours, but you pretty much figured out all there was to the game within the first few hours, which was very disappointing.
THIS. Good god, this.
>>
>>386625752
More like morrowind desu
>>
>>386625982
I got the same feeling from ys VIII
pretty much the game I wanted botw to be. I don't even know where this stems from, people wanting/expecting Zelda to be all these different things. it's always been pretty by the numbers.
>>
>>386626154
more like oblivion.
>>
>>386625710
SS knew exactly what it was doing. Pity that something is pushing motion controls
>>386625982
Funny I felt the exact same way for breath of the wild, and got tired of XCX before I even got a mech
>>
I'd have preferred 5-8 themed dungeons over the 120 samey shrines. The divine beasts can also be scrapped, they made for shitty dungeons
>>
>>386626181
Because zelda is by the numbers and does everything averagely people can like each element equally and say "see THIS element is what makes Zelda". No one cares about the story in Bayonetta because combat is leaps and bounds above it
>>
>>386626263
Can't blame you, the grind is insane
>>
>>386625982
>>386626097
Couldn't disagree more

I've put probably close to 40 hours in the game so far and every time I play there's something I see that looks interesting that I want to go explore. I've only done one of the divine beasts so far because I want to find as much as I can before I fight ganon.
>>
>>386621373
I enjoyed it, but less and less as I played it. Wasn't particularly satisfied with any of the great beasts or quests. The bosses were all pushovers too. I thought there would be much more to the story based on the trailer during the first Switch livestream, but it really didn't end up being anything special which is a shame.

The game was definitely more fun when I was scrounging for items and getting one-shot in the beginning. I think adding longer and aesthetically different dungeons, more bosses, and more enemy types would significantly improve the game for me.
>>
>>386626493
I put around 30 hours into the game before I said, "Fuck it," did all the bosses, and rushed into the endgame. I tried really hard to find interest into it, but then I realized that every minute I was bored with BotW, I could have been playing NieR Automata (and I liked the first NieR better than any Zelda game I've ever played), and just rushed it. No desire to ever revisit BotW. For the record, I didn't enjoy NieR Automata as much as the original, but I still enjoyed it a lot more than BotW.
>>
>>386626669
Seems like you enjoy story-focused games
>>
>>386626669
I should play replicant.
>>
>>386626263
>SS knew exactly what it was doing. Pity that something is pushing motion controls

I actually enjoyed SS more than TP because i felt it had more identity in this regard. But it still was kind of unfocused in my opinion. Motion controls were not something you could base off most abstract aspects of the design, like pace and the structure of the overworld, so we also had the super linear phylosophy, that didn't really match with the huge, empty hubworld that was the sky, lack of connection of the levels underneath, etc. Plus it was supposed to have a great plot since it was so linear, but it wasn't anything exceptional.

Still more memorable than TP imo.
>>
Varied themes in shrines depending on biomes, and maybe have 25% percent of the shrines BOTW did but all 4 times longer and not braindead easy. More enemy variety would be nice as well as enemies interacting with the world more, and as already suggested in this thread interacting with each other more.

I loved the great plateau and thought it was a wonderful tutorial level and the world was absolutely amazing to explore, I hope they keep it that way. I just hope for a bit more unique content in the world, because after 60 hours in game, it's starting to feel a bit samey
>>
>>386621373
next Zelda needs a fresh perspective. maybe From could do it.
>>
>>386626872
Wait wait wait why not platinum games
Would be so epic XD
>>
>>386626716
I also enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles X, and that story was hot garbage.

It just felt like the new Zelda didn't do anything particularly well. Everything was mediocre except for the size, but what they filled that huge world with was mediocre, which just made the size a pain.
>>
>>386626872
lol good one
>>
>>386621373
most memorable was making the trek up zoras river and seeing zoras domain for the first time.
>>
>>386626950
Huh that's exactly how I felt about XCX. Funny how opinions diverge

Although I cannot imagine how someone can enjoy nier more than nier automata
>>
>>386621373
It's the best open world game, it set a new standard for interactivity with the world. You can go to the castle and fight with the boss straight away which is a great feeling. ALL OTHER OPEN WORLD GAMES ARE TRASH AFTER THIS.
>>
>>386627228
Combat in Automata was better, but the music, voice acting, and team personalities were a lot more lovable, and the story was better.

Also, I'm not saying that my opinion on any of the games is what everyone else's should be. If you got your money's worth with BotW, I'm legitimately happy for you.
>>
>>386627351
Make your falseflagging less obvious thanks
>>
needs a waifu/harvest moon style side quest after you buy the house... wouldve been fucking awesome having a waifu and growing pumpkins and truffles
>>
>>386627362
Yeah I'm not saying that either, I'm just curious why would someone like Nier more than Automata. Because I felt it was leaps and bounds better. Well now when I think of it you're right on most of those points, but personally I felt Nier was almost painful to play much like Drakenguard 3
>>
>>386627403
That house sidequest was so fucking "meh." After I bought the house, my entire motivation was getting those faggots off my lawn. I thought completely furnishing it would do that. Once they were gone after the Tarrey Town wedding, I ironically spent more time in Tarrey Town than I did in the town that my house was in, and I never visited the house. Felt no reason to.
>>
>>386627510
exactly, my house needs purah whipping up some seafood curry
>>
>>386627379
you just like using big worlds friend. The open world meme makes most games tedious.
>>
>>386627443
I won't argue Drakengard 3 sucked, and it is personally my least favorite game of the entire series (at least D2 got fun on Extreme mode, and the combat was better than D1, even if the story was total garbage-anime-tier shit). But I didn't find the combat in NieR to be painful. It wasn't anything amazing, but it wasn't regularly dropping to 1 frame every 2 seconds or anything (unlike D3 whenever multiple magic casters were around).
>>
>>386627510
or just do what ocarina did and put a cow in there
>>
>>386626263
Once I got the flight module XCX ran out of carrots to dangle in front of my face. I promptly quit. The micromanagement was so fucking ridiculous up to that point I wanted a reason to quit playing.
>>
>>386624803
If I don't get to revive urbosa I won't buy it
>>
>>386624330
I'm also curious to know about the gameplay improvements. Are the weird hitboxes for flurry rush fixed?
>>
>>386626982
let's hear your suggestion.
>>
Those graphics are bad.
>>
While I think it's the best 3D Zelda besides OOT, I do think the shrines can be improved. At least make them feel more different
>>
>>386628110
Yeah because compression fucking sucks. I don't know why they make the switch pics so compressed. Plus it's double compression with both social media compression and switch compression
>>
>>386628106
yeah bro games outsourced to developers that have nothing in common with their work always work. write other memes
>>
>>386621529
Holy shit yes. Water based runes would be rad as fuck
>>
>>386626493
The problem with BoTW is that everything that looks neat and worthy of exploration ends up being something you've already come across countless times before. The only things that really matter in the world are enough korok seeds to make weapons not a complete pain to use, and shrines, which all have the same exact theme and reward. Combat is largely tedious and pointless, and coming across something genuinely new for the first time quickly tapers off.
>>
File: 1490572250630.png (690KB, 792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1490572250630.png
690KB, 792x1008px
Breath of the Wild is everything I wanted a Zelda game to be and never realized. I go back to the older games and realize how the true feeling of exploration I enjoyed is delivered in tiny chunks between huge gulfs of linear, cinematic content. I didn't realize I could have had it all.

I'm kind of scared they will do something completely different for the next one. And a little resentful of the people who didn't like it.
>>
>>386624330
Besides bug fixes I don't think it changed anything
>>
File: 1501626668383.gif (428KB, 748x550px) Image search: [Google]
1501626668383.gif
428KB, 748x550px
My favorite moment was probably hanging around the sea.
>figure out how rafts work
>find one shrine island, neat
>go out further, full speed
>crash land on Eventide
>spend a good chunk of time doing that since I didn't pussy out and use bombs
>head to that beach town and find a quest about sunken treasure
>end up amassing a shitton of treasure chests on my raft
>figure out that you can move your raft by pushing a magnetized chest into the sail
>now have so many chests the raft is about to capsize
>reach land and stack my dozen chests on top of each other for no reason
It was fun.
>>
>>386626742
>I loved the great plateau and thought it was a wonderful tutorial level and the world was absolutely amazing to explore
Yeah, the great plateau was awesome. Everything was fresh and you were gaining new abilities quickly.
Right after you got off also felt amazing. The, ten or so hours later, you inevitably realize that you're just going to be doing the same things over and over again and that sense of wonder and genuinely rewarding and interesting exploration was long gone.
>>
File: interactive water.webm (797KB, 572x466px) Image search: [Google]
interactive water.webm
797KB, 572x466px
>1989: Castlevania 3
>Sypha can cast ice crystals that not only freeze enemies, but will freeze all contiguous water and any enemies touching the water,

>2000: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
>Ice arrows can freeze enemies or create a static ice platform when shot in water, it doesn't spread.

>2017: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild:
>If you shoot an ice arrow into a pool of water, it does nothing at all

Why do people act like BotW is some god tier revolutionary interactive game? It was outdone by an NES game lmao
>>
>>386628603
Who the fuck cares about what other people think about a game of all things. You enjoyed it, that's all that matters
>>
>>386627510
Having your own house sounded great, but the payoff was definitely less than stellar. It was more a lead up to Tarrey Town than anything.
>>
>>386628725
Cryonis does the exact same thing so they didn't feel the need to. I don't even know why you cherrpicked this one element that is done in another way to make a point
>>
>>386628603
>And a little resentful of the people who didn't like it.

You don't need to resent me. I'm not going to pick it up no matter how its offered. I just can't trust impartial reviews regarding Zelda games, so there's not much that can be done to convince me that it's a good idea to pick up a new system just to gamble on the game.
>>
>>386628715
Why the fuck do people want a reward for exploration? Must everything need something tied to the end to make you do it? Why even play games at this point if you are doing it for a reward?
>>
>>386628893
Just emulate it?
>>
File: botw expectations.jpg (3MB, 2046x1664px) Image search: [Google]
botw expectations.jpg
3MB, 2046x1664px
>>386621373
No
Finding old locations from previous games
Smaller overworld with actual dungeons and bring back items
>What do you want them to keep from breath of the wild and what do you want them to significantly tweak/remove?
Keep the physics engine, add more enemy variety and music, straight up remove voice acting or add an option to disable it
>>
>>386628603
And I'm resentful of people who want this to be the future of the Zelda series. It should've just been a new IP.
I wonder what the reception would've been like then.
>>
>>386628947
You need a reward for exploration when exploring isn't particularly rewarding in itself. I found the exploration of XCX to be rewarding in itself. Always new creatures to be found just around the corner, or a new enviornment, or a vantage point that lets you take in the world's beauty.

Zelda had none of that, at least not as well as other games. Therefore, in order to be motivated to explore, I need motivation to do so.
>>
>>386628947
Are you retarded?
>>
>>386629015
I spent 80 bucks on my laptop. It has 4GB of ram and a 1st gen i3, and runs Linux Mint. It's not going to emulate anything worth a shit.
>>
>>386629108
But it is rewarding in itself? I don't know I feel that it is
>>
>>386621373
Loved my time with the game, I loved the lighting in the game and how it constantly changed, I was impressed with the beauty of the game all the time, also the climbing mechanic is so simple but honestly makes the game near 100x better and makes exploration feel genuinely natural and actually fun. The minimal score is another thing I really liked. I felt an actual sense of adventure playing through botw especially discovering the world for the first time, which also turns out to be a downside of the game for me upon replay, being familiar with the whole world takes away from the adventure and is far less fun exploring. I don't mind only 4 dungeons as long as they are well done like in majoras mask, but in botw they're waaay too short and waaaaaaaaay too easy.

For the next Zelda game I would keep
>The scale of the over world
>The freedom of doing dungeons in any order
>Climbing+paraglider
>Art style
>Armor+weapon verity
>Relatively short tutorial
>maybe more I'm not thinking of

I'd get rid of/add/tweak/whatever

>No voice acting
>No shrines
>Stronger narrative (though I understand why it wasn't a main focus in botw)
>Add 6 unique/themed long challenging dungeons
>Maybe do a blend of the minimal music and more traditional music idk
>Better side quests that are more than fetch quests, more akin to MM with stories
>I'd like to see a non-apocalyptic setting more like Twilight Princess
>>
>>386629206
Is what rewarding in itself? Exploring XCX? I thought so. BotW? Not at all.
>>
>>386629019
Pretty much this.
>>
>>386629240
For breath of the wild it is rewarding, XCX also has exploration that is rewarding in itself. There is literally no need to pit one game against another
>>
File: landrafting.webm (3MB, 848x474px) Image search: [Google]
landrafting.webm
3MB, 848x474px
>there are people in THIS VERY THREAD who still use horses to get around
>>
>>386629240
>not at all
Disagree
>>
>>386625032
I'm pretty in love with the zelda 'roids. Especially that guardian

>>386625126
totally. But I'd go broke if that happened
>>
>>386628603
>And a little resentful of the people who didn't like it.
This is how I feel, I had such a great time playing BOTW that it's perplexing to go on /v/ and see someone's petty complaints. It's like they willingly ignored all the good and fun things about the game so they could have the privilege of saying they miraculously didn't enjoy the GOTY
>>386628893
I resent you because you're one of those idiots who thinks their opinion of a game they haven't played matters.
>>
>>386628417
What's wrong with the same reward as long as the reward is good? Spirit orbs are always useful
>>
>>386629019
These... aren't bad suggestions honestly.
>>
>>386629302
>using horses in botw
I thought horses were pointless. You were constantly jumping off them to go do other things if you were going into a new area, and if you had already explored that area, it was way faster to just warp to a shrine.
They may have been useful if the actually tried to follow you while keeping themselves away from enemies, but as it is, they just get abandoned.
>>
>>386629472
Those are the most generic suggestions so of course they are good. Much like most other suggestions in this thread
>>
File: 1322721748562.jpg (25KB, 243x195px) Image search: [Google]
1322721748562.jpg
25KB, 243x195px
>>386621373

Ultimately no. I think they're going in the right direction for most of it but the world is too lifeless with too little to actually explore and the durability mechanic is complete shit without a blacksmith or ability to fix things yourself.

That first sense of exploration you get when you leave the starting area and can go wherever you want, that or anything Zora.

>What do you want the next zelda game to be like? What do you want them to keep from breath of the wild and what do you want them to significantly tweak/remove?

The map should be smaller but more dense. There's no point to mountains if there isn't an old temple to explore or caves with no cavern system. Durability needs to be out right removed, it needs towns like Castle Town which are full of life, and a bad guy with actual motivations.
>>
>>386629292
I found there nothing rewarding to exploring BotW past the first couple of hours. No real breathtaking change in land, the same handful of enemies with palette swaps, Shrines that were mostly forgetable, and were only useful to the point where you could get the master sword (and then switch it all over to stamina). Seeds that are only really useful in allowing you to carry more weapons (I was never desperate for more space anywhere else).

And not much else, unless you wanted to complete your photo pokedex. I mean, you could scrounge around for rare items to improve armor, but I never really felt that I needed the armor.

The best thing I found naturally was some climbing gear in one of the shrines, at which point, I just looked up where the rest of the set was, because there's way too many shrines, and no guarantee that the gear would be found in there.
>>
>>386629401
>I resent you because you're one of those idiots who thinks their opinion of a game they haven't played matters.
But I have played it. I own it. And after BotW, SS, TP, and MM, I feel as though I'm not the target audience anymore. I don't like any of those games. WW was full of flaws, but was the last Zelda game that made me feel I got my money's worth.
>>
>>386629465
Boring and repetitive, mostly. If the shrines contained challenging puzzles and were actually fun to explore, it would be one thing, but they weren't.
Sure getting health and stamina upgrades was useful, but not exciting in the least.
>>
>>386629602
I actually found the land quite varied, and there are some nice setpieces and locations scattered around too
>>
>>386621373
>Yes
>hard to say, there were a lot of highlights. I think Tarrey town is the best sidequest in the series so that I guess.
>Same engine, smaller world, more enemy and dungeon variety. What they've built is too good to throw away.
>Keep the engine, the physics and the aesthetic
>Remove or improve weapon durability, make quests offer better rewards and add some more unique dungeons (think ancient cistern or sandship)
>>
>>386629704
Some shrines contain pretty good puzzles, although Zelda has never had hard puzzles. Shrines were also pretty fun to find imo
>>
>>386629694
But you just said you didn't pick it up??
>>
>>386629739
There's a handful of cool places, but the vast majority of everything feels pretty much the same as everything else, in my opinion. Also, trying to find new stuff was just so fucking boring. Wandering around canyons with nothing but some weird bowling game (I think - it's been months) wasn't anything special, and I explored for at least an hour, just to find absolutely nothing of value. Sure, there's a few snowy areas, but there's nothing about one section of one snowy area that is all that different from any other section of the same area (with rare exception).

There's a LOT of mundane shit in between anything of interest. I always felt like there was going to be something new around the corner in XCX, and I wasn't disappointed very often.
>>
>>386629401
You realize that you're doing the exact thing you purport to resent, just in favor of BOTW, right?
How would you feel if a new game in a series you loved is radically changed and contains significant flaws that are obvious to you, but nobody else seems to recognize them or take them seriously and acts like the game is the second coming of christ?
>>
>>386629891
No, I said I'm not going to pick up the NEXT Zelda offering.
>>
If you think the game is empty stop walking. Paraglide. The game obviously doesn't want you to be on foot
>>
>>386629968
Wait what. The snowy areas had some pretty distinct shit in them. The stone forest area comes to mind
>>386629970
Both sides just need to fucking chill.
>>
>>386630192
>Wait what. The snowy areas had some pretty distinct shit in them. The stone forest area comes to mind
I'm sure I stumbled upon it, but I really don't remember it.
>>
I really enjoyed it overall. Probably the most fun I had in a game in years. I do wish there were more divine beasts though
>>
>>386629602
>The best thing I found naturally was some climbing gear in one of the shrines
I felt like this too, until I realized they still wouldn't let you climb in the rain.

inb4 this triggers somebody
>>
>>386630315
I get why they did it in the name of realism, but it really just killed any momentum and fun that was going on, because I would just put the game in PiP on my TV, switch over to my Roku, and watch something while I waited for the rain to stop.
>>
>>386630380
Ditto. Then, by the time the rain stopped, I was into something else, so I would just save and quit the game.
>>
>>386628106
Just everything but the thing you've suggested.
>>
>>386630380
>>386630625
You know you could just make a fire right? There's plenty of shelter around cliffs
>>
>>386621373

I stopped after 70 something shrines and 3 divine beasts. it was a fine game but suffered from the same open world fatigue garbage like any other game trying to hop on the open world meme.

7.5/10 I will finish it one day. could have been 9/10 with real dungeons along side of shrines and beasts.
>>
>>386630885
I never bothered to keep bundles of wood around. Its the game's responsibility to make me care enough to bother.
>>
>>386630885
why couldn't they just add a fucking umbrella item

you can collect wood, you can collect flint, you can use fire weapons, you have octoballoons and chu jellies. But god forbid they actually give us any items to deal with the fucking rain
>>
>>386629694
>after BotW, SS, TP, and MM, I feel as though I'm not the target audience anymore

I'm not arguing with you, but those 4 games are so different and divisive that it's funny you pack them in the same category. As if the audience for those 4 particular games got something in common that you didn't find in the rest of Zelda games.
>>
>>386630975
There are trees everywhere too
>>386631063
You can't fucking umbrella an entire cliff you dingus
>>
>>386631063
I don't understand why they wanted unconditional rain. Made sense in places like Zora's domain, to keep you from skipping the run to the town, but pretty much everywhere else, it's just a needless bother and time waster. How it worked on OoT was fine.

>>386631163
I didn't like any of them, so there's that. The last Zelda game that I loved I played in 1998.

>>386631197
>There are trees everywhere too
What's your point? That I should waste a weapon's glass-like durability to cut down a tree?
>>
>>386631063
I love the rain in the game tho. I think it's a nice obstacle centered around the exploration mechanics and it looks very visually appealing to me.

Like, it starts to rain and I have to look for alternatives to get to where i was heading to like taking the roads. Or maybe find somewhere dry and wait it out. But i understand some people didn't dig it.
>>
>>386631316
You can use bombs to cut down trees you dumb shit
>>
>>386631345
Neat. Didn't think of it, and I'm already done with the game.
>>
>>386631197
I could umbrella my campfire in the rain so I could skip the rain
DUH

or how about
what if
what if
the game had something like the SONG OF STORMS I mean jesus christ
how about letting us get some real superpowers by the time we advance through the game instead of just "take 25% less damage from electric attacks" armor

wheres my song of storms
wheres my zora suit that lets me swim FAST like majoras mask
wheres my hookshot with detachable rope to tie objects together like just cause
>>
>>386631342
Not either of them, but while visually I found it to be quite nice, it really interrupts the flow of things. Climbing to me, while convenient, is not particularly fun to do, and anything that makes that even more of a chore to accomplish just grated on my nerves.
It doesn't help that in some areas it rained practically non-stop.
>>
>>386631381
Like bruh how can someone not do it accidentally and realize you can destroy trees with bombs
>>
>>386631425
You can make your own "umbrella" by stacking shit with magnesis. Anyway the main purpose of the campfire is keeping you nice and warm, allowing you to be comfy enough to rest and what's the point if you are still standing in the rain
>>
>>386631483

I think the point is climbing is almost never required to go anywhere. It's just convenient, and the devs probably wanted a way for you to not give it for granted. Also if you go on a straight line everywhere you might be missing out on some stuff. Also helps a lot with immersion. I dunno, it works for me
>>
>>386631571
I didn't use bombs much. Felt no reason to.
>>
>>386631425

I mean the zora suit lets you swim up waterfalls

the hookshot idea sounds sick
>>
>>386631345
>>386631705

I know you can use bombs to cut trees but I never felt there was too much of a reason to do it. If you use a woodcutting axe just for it, it will last a lot. Def enough so you don't have to worry about it breaking.
>>
>>386631669
You definitely have no choice but to climb in certain areas. Areas that rain constantly, like the jungle.
Unless revali's gale is one of the first things you got in the game, it can be pretty annoying.
>>
>>386631805
Problem is carrying around next to useless weapons like the woodcutter axe eats up an inventory slot, which sucks if you don't have very many.
Blowing up trees with bombs is definitely the easiest and most convenient method.
>>
>>386631840
>You definitely have no choice but to climb in certain areas. Areas that rain constantly, like the jungle.

I think you could get around the jungle just following the roads. It's just more convenient to climb. Might be wrong tho.
>>
>>386631979
I always carry a woodcutter axe, a torch and a korok leaf. Never felt i needed those slots for yet more weapons.
>>
>>386621859
I don't give a fuck what anybody says, I actually really liked Navi and Tatl in the 64 games
>>
>>386632094
Navi would have been fine if they had just made the time in between pesterings longer. Instead of once every 5 minutes, once every 15 or 20 would have been appreciated.
>>
>>386632009
I am quite certain there were no roads to where I wanted to go in that jungle.
But that's okay because there was nothing of any importance up there anyway. I was just really curious after seeing one of the dragons for the first time. Bummer that they ended up being nothing more than grinds for upgraded gear.
>>
>>386632094
Me too, bud.
I feel like companions have a really important place in Zelda, they just need to move beyond being glorified tutorials.
>>
>>386632215
I agree the jungle was criminally underdeveloped for how good/different it looked. Plus the atmosphere was great.
>>
File: 1501112857562.png (393KB, 396x458px) Image search: [Google]
1501112857562.png
393KB, 396x458px
I've just finished clearing the entire right half of the map of Shrines/Divine Beasts and am still enjoying myself enough to want to get all the Shrines, complete the Trial of the Sword, and max out my favourite armours.

I do wish the next Zelda would scale things back a bit and give a more focused game because if this becomes the new Zelda format it'll end up becoming way too tedious like before. If they can manage to strike a balance between the two styles I think they'll have the perfect formula.
>>
LOL THE STUFF FROM THE CHANNEL THEY GAVE IS ONE PIECE OF MEAT AND 1 APPLE
>>
>>386632587
That is pretty funny desu
>>
>>386632553
This. Marry the traditional dungeon layout with the new rune puzzles and the game will be perfect
>>
>>386621529

Wind waker is basically wasted potential: the game so I would really like them to try another water-focused Zelda game
>>
File: 1488309115737.jpg (1MB, 1280x985px) Image search: [Google]
1488309115737.jpg
1MB, 1280x985px
>>386621373
Really liked BotW but the most fun I had with it was running around Hyrule Castle very early on with next to no hearts and shitty gear, sneaking around all the enemies and discovering all the hidden shit in there. Most fun I've had with a Zelda game in years and I'd love for the next title to be all about dungeons with that sort of design.

Exploration was a lot of fun in general. First thing I did when I started playing was use the binoculars to mark down where each map tower was and run around filling the whole thing in. Ran across so much stuff while I was doing it, like the dragons and the gerudo and hylian man at the heart lake. The stuff in the open world wasn't always all that varied after you saw your first several korok puzzles but just about every time I crested a hill or climbed a mountain I'd see something else in the distance that I wanted to go check out. First time I ever had that in an open world game.
>>
>>386633108
But Assassin's Creed Black Flag is pretty much what Wind Waker should have been.
>>
>>386633108
what i don't get is why Nintendo didn't seize the opportunity to at least add back in the scrapped dungeons when they made the HD remaster
>>
>>386631664
if theres no magnesis objects and no cliffs nearby and it starts raining, all you can do is place a warp point, warp somewhere else, sleep, warp back, which is a dick ton of loading screens

>>386631790
zora suit should make you swim 5x faster than it does
>>
>>386633172
After getting the Master Sword, I paid to switch everything to Stamina, and never used any armor except for the generic starter shit and climbing gear.

Only way the game felt interesting to me.
>>
File: navi.png (115KB, 590x628px) Image search: [Google]
navi.png
115KB, 590x628px
>>386623395
>Zelda veteran here
>Nobody tells you where to go or what to do in the first game
Did you seriously forget about navi you retard?
>>
>>386633248
They said they used the concepts of those scrapped dungeons in later games
>>
>>386633248
because the scrapped dungeons got recycled in twilight princess
lakefloor temple was recycled from greatfish isle's zora temple
goron mines were recycled from the entirely cut fire mountain
the ice cavern dungeon never even got started, and TP's snowpeak ruins were original
>>
>>386633357
I think he meant the first Zelda game. Not OOT
>>
>>386633357
Do you think Zelda started with OoT?
>>
>>386633357
That's some good bait
>>
>>386621373
My favourite Zelda game so far. I would love it if they added more runes and more divine beasts or whatever the dungeon equivalent is the next game
>>
>>386633357
>OOT
>first game

That said, the original Zelda game is dogshit for autists that only gets a pass because of the developer behind it. The only way it's playable is with a guide.
>>
>>386632367
Yeah, I can definetely agree with that. In the Oracle games I think there supposed to be pretty important for game progression
>>
>>386633627
My personal favorite Zelda game is LttP. Yes, I've played OoT, which was amazing for the time, AND I've played LBW, which just made me realize I didn't want a LttP sequel.
>>
>>386633584
I hope they keep the divine beasts desu
>>
>>386633671
>>386633584
>>
>>386633332
master mode has enemies dealing decent damage even when you have upgraded gear

golden lynel with savage lynel crusher hits through 60 armor and deals 10 hearts in damage. Still gimped by 84 armor ancient set to deal 4 hearts which is crap, but at least the game is fair with level 3-4 barbarian set
>>
>>386633708
I'm not interested in playing the game again, let alone paying to play it on a tougher mode.
>>
>>386633703

Yeah I really liked doing them. Even more than the traditional dungeons
>>
>>386633706
I played BotW. I didn't mention it because I didn't think it was worth mentioning. Shy of that, I'm not sure what you are referencing.
>>
>>386621373
I don't get it when people say this game has no replay value especially when compared to other Zeldas. There is at least some freedom to what you want to do
>>
I played it for two weeks straight and then burned out.

I hate the Divine Beasts, I miss actual dungeons with themes. I want more areas like Hyrule Castle in the next one.

The world was probably a bit too big, too many areas of emptiness. Make the world a bit more dense/smaller next time. Everything else about the game is great.

I was pissed to find out the classic tunics were stuck behind amiibo pay walls and the ultimate reward for finishing all shrines is the actual green tunic. It seems like they want to move away from that design for Link entirely.
>>
>>386634017
The blue tunic has always looked better on Link so I'm glad about that
>>
>>386633925
Personally, my replay value with Zelda games was just replaying them and getting 100%. BotW actively makes that a boring chore, so it loses that value for me.
>>
>>386634083
You can do that in one sitting though? You don't even need to replay anything
>>
>>386634068
The red tunic is better than both
>>
>>386634138
>You can do that in one sitting though?
I don't understand what you mean. Zelda games are usually lengthy, so why would I do it in one sitting?
>>
>>386634083
What a strange metric. To me it's starting a new file and doing whatever, which BotW makes far more interesting that the recent Zeldas
>>
>>386621373
I enjoyed myself immensely. The one area of improvement I want the most is deeper combat and more movesets for weapons
>>
>>386634138
If you manage to beat all the shrines, do all the side quests, collect all the korok seeds, and beat all the dungeons, as well as beating the game in a single sitting, I have to ask what responsibilities you have in your life.

I'm not even who you were responding to, but that's just insane. That said, I have literally zero interest in replaying the game. I played until the game felt like a chore (about 30 hours in), then spent a few hours bumrushing the dungeons to the end game, and moved on to something I would enjoy. I've got enough games in the backlog to where I could probably last a year in a drought before needing to replay anything, and BotW is very, VERY low on the list of games I'd replay (behind several other Zelda games, none of which are very high on the list themselves).
>>
>>386621373
Only the plateau was interesting, because the rest of the map is basically the plateau but gigantic and without significant rewards.
None stood out.
I prefer the dungeons and bosses of older Zelda games but the open style of BotW would work if there was a reason to explore, more items outside the plateau and more/better dungeons integrated into the world.
>What do you want them to keep from breath of the wild and what do you want them to significantly tweak/remove?
The "chemistry" "engine" was pretty neat. Not very useful but has a lot of potential.
I wish it didn't have climbing but interesting paths you had to take and find ways around rather than just holding forward in the direction you want to go.
900 koroks can't be the main filler of the world. They stop being fun after a while and the rewards only fix a problem the game shouldn't have.
Healing and difficulty are completely busted.
>>
>>386634396
>reading comprehension
I am referring to the other zeldas you dumb fuck
>>
>>386634256
>What a strange metric.
It's something I've done since the original Zelda. I just like learning where everything is and knowing it by heart. It's fun for me. BotW kind of ruins that for me because it's just too big. It actually reminds me why I don't 100% Grand Theft Auto games a little bit.
>>
>>386634414
>none stood out
>chemistry engine not really useful
Bullshit
>>
>>386634529
Not him, but I didn't feel much stood out in particular regarding BotW. I can't even remember what any of the Ganon's look like.
>>
>>386633708
The problem is combat is worthless, tedious, and easy to cheese. Hard mode just exacerbates that. Golden Lynels don't even drop anything new.
>>
>>386634414
Posts like this make me doubt whether someone has played the game.

There are many alternative paths to most areas besides climbing. And some areas are better and easier went through without climbing. Climbing is almost entirely optional. It's pretty hard to hold forward and reach any destination in Breath of the Wild actually.
>>
>>386633789
Did you not respond to the wrong post?
>>
>>386634565
The boss fights are only one weaker component of the game. I really doubt that anyone has no stand out moment in the game.
>>
>>386634670
What's a stand out moment to you, then? Shrine number 40? Generic boomering number 8?
>>
>>386633789
Forget replay value, there wasn't even enough regular play value for me to want to finish it, and I wanted to and tried really hard to like. Everything just gradually went downhill for me after the great plateau.
>>
File: old link.jpg (110KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
old link.jpg
110KB, 800x473px
I'd like the next game to include Link as an older and wiser adult instead of this little boy shit that Japan keeps spewing, I'm tired of playing as a child.
>>
>>386634740
I forced myself to finish it. Mostly because the controls were pretty weird, and I didn't want to have to relearn them later.

The castle is the only part of the game that felt finished.
>>
>>386634706
>eventide
>finishing the sword trials
>Finding akkala labs
>fighting that dragon
>seeing a dragon for the first time
>whole zora sequence
>Gerudo town as a whole
>flying and shooting down targets with teba
>Blue fire shrine
>going through hyrule castle
>Temple of time
>ending of tarrey town quest
>ending of kass' quests
List goes on
And one weird one
> Realizing that the mom of the kids died

Now you will tell me how they are all shit
>>
>>386621373
No but I didn't hate it either. It was thoroughly average start to finish. It doesn't bring anything new to the open world genre and it doesn't go into any depth with its mechanics.
What it does, it does very well, but it doesn't do very much.

Honestly I think the game would have played better as a Portal-like game where you go from test-chamber to test-chamber solving puzzles with your tools. The open world didn't add anything beyond the initial spectacle of this great sweeping meadow and distant mountains (which you can climb!).

Hyrule Castle just being a big sprawling combat dungeon without any linear progression or many puzzles. It just felt like an actual castle instead of a series of puzzle rooms which was quite nice.
>>
>>386634740
I have no idea how people think this because great plateau is legitimately the worst part of the game save for the goron kid sequence
>>
>>386634529
>>none stood out
The plateau was the best area because almost everything that happens in the rest of the game happens on the plateau for the first time.
Combat that got stale quickly was fresh on the plateau.
Chemistry engine was explored to its depth with making bridges out of trees (never needed after the glider afaik) and lighting fires on your way through the snowy area to keep warm. The same puzzles recycled throughout was first experienced there.
So I guess the plateau is the one that stood out in contrast to other video games, but no area in BotW felt special to me, like "whoa I'm so happy I got here to see this". Maybe the top of Death Mountain because it looked cool.

>>chemistry engine not really useful
Maybe I missed something but as far as I noticed it's mostly good for just fucking around.
>>
>>386634484
Not them, but you're at fault for not making yourself clear. Don't be that asshole who says something vague, then insults people who are decent enough to try and respond to it.
>>
>>386634907
If you liked hyrule castle fuck you, because you don't like Zelda in the first place
>>
>>386634979
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>386634959
>not him
I don't fucking believe you. It's very damn fucking obvious if you bothered to follow the conversation chain with the other guy. Don't butt in when you have no intent of following the conversation, or if you are not capable of basic english
>>
>>386635026
>no puzzles at all
>no locked doors
>not linear
Worst "dungeon" in the series
>>
>>386634529
I kind of have to agree with them. Outside of magnesis for puzzles, the physics and whatnot was woefully underutilized. The plateau had some neat examples of things you can do, but then the rest of the game not only didn't expand on that, it didn't even really have any opportunities to repeat what you could see on the plateau.
>>
>>386634957
The physics engine is far more useful for trasversal, skips and fighting than anything else, and those are utilized off the plateua when you have more things to make use of
>>
>>386634847
>eventide
Don't know what that is. Yes, I played the game.
>finishing the sword trials
What are those? The combat trials in the shrines? Meh.
>Finding akkala labs
I found that stupid as fuck, as I didn't need anything he was offering, as it would make an already-easy game even easier
>fighting that dragon
Which dragon? There are multiple dragons. None were special
>seeing a dragon for the first time
Didn't really impact me more than, "Oh look, a 13th enemy type."
>whole zora sequence
Yawn.
>Gerudo town as a whole
I literally hated that entire sequence, from start to finish.
>flying and shooting down targets with teba
Is that the Not-Falco guy?
>Blue fire shrine
What?
>going through hyrule castle
Yeah, it stuck out to me as the one area that was actually finished.
>Temple of time
What about it?
>ending of tarrey town quest
I didn't find it particularly good or bad. Building the town was one of the few interesting parts of the game, though.
>ending of kass' quests
Didn't bother, because I didn't care.
>Realizing that the mom of the kids died
Whose kids? Kass? Who cares?

I won't tell you they are shit. I WILL tell you that I wasn't overly impressed, and not a single one of those moments compares to many other games.
>>
>>386635135
>>386635135
The physics engine is only underutilized if you don't use it. The game doesn't force you to do anything but the best way is often to use those physics. Can't blame the game if you didn't think of using physics at all.
>>
>>386634414
I agree with everything, except the part about omitting climbing. Climbing is boring, sure, but it is nice to have that option. It just needs to be improved.
>>
>>386635167
Oh so you didn't even bother exploring I really doing anything and wonder why there are no good moments in the game. Besides you also have pretty damn bad taste

Once again I doubt you played the game if you missed two extremely obvious locations
>>
>>386635097
I think it brings Breath of the Wild to a fitting and apt crescendo. You're done with the puzzles at that point so it's just a place to get good at fighting sentinels and get a bit of gear ready before the final encounter.
It's not automatically shit because it has no puzzles.

If you're mad at the lack of dungeons in general then fine, I guess, but that's not a problem with a dungeon that isn't trying to be that.

Also I still don't understand how liking it would mean I don't like Zelda when it's a part of Zelda now.
>>
>>386635167
Some of you are really joyless husks. No wonder you don't like the game.

How can anyone think the zora sequence is boring? The music is bombastic and what you are doing is pretty tense
>>
>>386635335
I never claimed that I did. I claimed that I got bored after 30 hours, and bum rushed to the end of the game in about 10 hours.

If I'm not impressed after 30/40 hours of looking, that's not my fault. Just like it's not my fault that I wasn't impressed with FFXV, despite beating it in about 35 hours and playing 10 hours of post game content.
>>
>>386634670
All my standout moments happened on the plateau. Maybe eventide, but that's because it mimics the feeling of the plateau.

As far as bosses go, thunderblight ganon going insanely fast right at the start was pretty cool.
Other than that, I can't really say much.
>>
>>386635167
Wait you didn't even find that corrupted dragon? Or eventide? What, they are pretty easy to discover if you talk to people
>>
>>386635335
>You also have pretty damn bad taste
Why? Because I didn't think the things that you liked were all that special?
>>
>>386634926
>seeing practically every major mechanic, ability, shrine, korok seeds, combat, so on and so forth, for the first time
>legitimately the worst part of the game
lol
>>
>>386635503
Why would I do that? I was just exploring.
>>
>>386635451
>of looking
You must be literally blind if you looked and still couldn't find eventide. It's in the early parts of the game too
>>
File: crouchstab.webm (2MB, 684x476px) Image search: [Google]
crouchstab.webm
2MB, 684x476px
>>386634596
why do monsters have to drop items for the combat to be fun?
Stalfos in OOT were incredibly fun fights, what did they drop?
dark souls enemies just drop generic souls and crafting materials, just more arbitrary points in counters
>>
>>386635536
The fuck have you not played any open world game, especially the older ones? NPCs give directions to areas of interests you might not discover yourself. It's in your best interest to talk to them
>>
>>386635029
Considering the fact that at least three people misunderstood you, just accept you fucked up.
>>
>>386635559
If I need to go to an island to find something worthwhile, and need to ignore the mainland, that's a problem with the game.
>>
>>386621373
>Did you enjoy your time with Breath of the Wild? What's your favourite moment in the game?
My favorite moment was when I turned off that generic souls-wannabe garbage and turned on Horizon Zero Dawn.
>>
>>386635527
>seeing particularly every
The easiest and most water down version of those elements, besides the korok seeds. It's the worst part of the game unless you enjoy glorified tutorials
>>
File: 1487705701301.webm (3MB, 1920x542px) Image search: [Google]
1487705701301.webm
3MB, 1920x542px
>>386635654
>>
>>386635609
If you can't stumble into ANYTHING interesting, that's a problem with the game. Having additional interesting shit that requires talking to NPCs is all well and good, but if that's all there is, then that's a problem.
>>
>>386635596
>Implying we didn't just deku nut them to death
Get real, the only remotely engaging fight in OOT is against Dark Link.
>>
>>386635596
Not him but the problem with combat in Breath of the Wild isn't just that it's unrewarding - it's costly.
You might run past a bunch of dickboblins armed with dicky sticks, you could fight them and it might be fun but doings so would deplete your +10 Sword of Gorons.
Many fights end up becoming a net loss once you have good gear, it's wasteful to engage in the gameplay.
It's a god awful design.
>>
>>386635640
Are you retarded? The island is part of the mainland, its barely an island at all, it's not even far away from the mainland. Stop making excuses for your incompetence and blindness. Did you find the dark area too? No?
>>
>>386635029
>don't butt in
>on an anonymous imageboard
>>
>>386635684
I love how this guy is so asspained mommy wouldn't buy him both that he keeps this webm on his desktop and searches for any mention of horizon every fifteen seconds so he can post it as soon as someone mentions it.
>>
>>386635707
You can nigger, I'm just suggesting to talk more because you can't seem to find anything. You don't have to talk to them but they give you tips on where to look.
You are trying really hard to excuse the fact you didn't even try.
>>
>>386634979
I thought Hyrule Castle was easily one of the highlights of the game, just by the atmosphere alone. But it was insanely easy to cheese. There definitely needed to be some bigger obstacles in place that required you to explore around more.
>>
>>386635770
I like how you are so asspained you typed this shit out in response to a simple webm
>>
>>386635748
Honestly, who cares? I spent 30 hours on the game exploring, and found literally nothing of value. Just because I didn't stumble upon the island or whatever the dark area is doesn't mean that I didn't give the game an honest go. If anything it just reinforces the fact that there is WAY too much of absolutely nothing in between nuggets of mildly interesting stuff.
>>
>>386635765
Good job ignoring the rest of my sentence
>>
>>386635709
>implying we didn't just megaton hammer / poke / dinsfire him to death
>>
>>386635224
It's more like enemies are piss easy to cheese and/or ignore altogether and it's way easier to traverse the map via glider and teleportation.
>>
>>386635812
You don't have to suggest anything to me. I've already said that I'm done the game, and I'm not playing it again. I would play though about 20 games before i would give that game a go again.

I didn't enjoy it, and it wasn't out of a lack of trying.
>>
File: think.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
think.png
24KB, 512x512px
>>386635654
>souls-wannabe
have you played the previous zelda games?
>>
>>386635879
You literally didn't. The interesting areas aren't even spaced that much apart. You can't dismiss something just because you don't know how to explore. In open world games there are 2 options:
>do everything yourself
>talk to people to let them help
If you don't find anything of interest in a long time you should probably try the second option
>>
>>386621946

It would have been a nice optional thing, at least. Wolf Link isn't that great but roaming Hyrule with your dog is pretty fucking comfy.
>>
>>386635406
I hated the zora area. Gerudo was easily the best.
>>
File: lynels.webm (1MB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
lynels.webm
1MB, 640x474px
>>386635716
except you have such an infinite supply of +10 Sword of Gorons and they drop even more of them when they die so why would you care? The only thing holding you back is your own OCD that is afraid of damaging your weapons because you still treat the game like its a min/maxing loot grinder instead of ad hoc adventure

once you've got a fully upgraded master sword you can't even eat through 1/20th of the good weapons that drop because you'll kill like 20 enemies with their own set of swords, shields, bows, arrows with a single charge of the master sword, then have 10 minutes of dicking around with whatever best weapons you bothered to keep

when you can kill 2 golden lynels with a single 5 shot lynel bow and they each drop 2 more bows and 2 more melee weapons, and that's the biggest meatbag in the entire game, how the fuck can you run out of weapons?
>>
>>386635929
>via glider or teleportation
What. Physics shit is legit faster and better than the glider or teleportation especially to an area you haven't been to
>>
File: Z-10.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Z-10.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>386621373
I haven't even got around to playing it yet on my PC. Been too busy and still have to finish many other games first.
>>
>>386635683
>easiest
>implying the rest of the game is any harder
The only thing that happened is these things became more tedious over time, particularly combat.
>>
>>386636164
>any harder
Yes it is. The later shrines often combine the usage of two runes instead of one simple one like the plateau. Enemies are more plentiful and more aggressive enemies pop up. The puzzles get harder and so does trasversing the area.
>>
File: collection updated small.jpg (1MB, 1947x1189px) Image search: [Google]
collection updated small.jpg
1MB, 1947x1189px
>>386636008
>You literally didn't.
Didn't what?

>You can't dismiss something just because you don't know how to explore
Ok. I've explored countless other games (and look forward to a drought so I can play through XCX again, and explore from scratch, without a mech, all over again, as an example). But ok.

>In open world games there are 2 options:
>do everything yourself
>talk to people to let them help
Or, just go out and explore, find nothing of any real interest, and just go finish the game, and move on.

>If you don't find anything of interest in a long time you should probably try the second option
Or I could just move on to another game. Like the copy of NieR Automata that was just sitting there, waiting for me to get done with BotW.
>>
>>386636212
until you realize you can bypass 90% of shrines with stasis launching or octoballoons
>>
>>386636230
>find nothing of real interest
If you're going in literal circles and refuse to check out anything but flat plains it's on you
>>
>>386636270
Nah, I climbed all sorts of shit. Nothing but rocks, jewels, and dragon bones with enemies residing within that can be taken out with about 40 bombs.

Of course, there are shrines and korok seeds too. Yawn.
>>
>>386636268
You actually can't. That's why only 5 or so shrine skips are posted over and over
>>
>>386635596
On top of what the other anon said, combat in BoTW is pointless. You're not confronted with challenges you need to overcome to proceed, you're confronted with annoyances who might incidentally get in the way of where you're trying to go.
Those stalfos in OoT also go down in a reasonable amount of hits and don't take forever to fight just to drop garbage.
>>
>>386636091
No shit, if you fight the most powerful enemies in the game they drop good stuff.
Did you even read what I said?
The problem is there's a negative cost to fighting WEAKER enemies.
>>
>>386636317
You're absolutely right. That said, most of the shrines are mind-numbingly simple, and the rewards for going "beyond" to get the optional item was great in the beginning, but middling later on.
>>
>>386636314
Actually thinking about it how can you even enjoy exploring in Xenoblade X? You find the same shit but minus puzzles. And don't forget the grinding you have to do to even explore certain areas
>>
>>386636380
You don't have to grind to explore. You have to grind in order to fight, sure, but you can explore just fine.

I probably sunk at least 3 hours per day into that game for over a month. Sure, the story way shit, but its not like BotW's story was worth writing about.
>>
>>386636447
You have to get a skell to access certain areas. I really don't see what others see in exploring Xenoblade X. You get even less of any worthwhile reward and fighting is even more boring and braindead, especially once you get a skell
>>
>>386635596
>dark souls enemies just drop generic souls and crafting materials, just more arbitrary points in counters
The difference here is the currency is actually meaningful in dark souls, the weapons that drop can be insanely good and don't break ten minutes later, the combat is genuinely challenging and fun, and you can beat enemies in certain ways to get unique rewards from it. One of the best thing about dark souls, and what keeps people playing is overcoming difficult situations and being amply rewarded for it.
Also, if you die, you are punished severely, ramping up the tension and getting your adrenaline flowing. If you die BoTW, you just reload right back up where you were a minute or two ago with no downside whatsoever.
>>
>>386635915
The rest of your sentence was irrelevant
>>
>>386636527
All the things you said about dark souls is quite literally wrong, especially about the good weapons part. And challenging combat? Please, I'm not saying Breath if the Wild is challenging at all but if you think normal combat in dark souls is challenging once you get a good shield (which is very early on) you must be pretty bad at games in general. I think I died more times to traps than enemies in dark souls
>>
>>386636523
I played for over 40 hours before getting a skell, and even longer before getting it able to fly. During that transitional time, I pretty much just used it to move around quickly, not fight. Eventually, though, enemies become tough enough that you can't avoid using it in combat.

Zelda, meanwhile, is pretty pointless once you get the hang of combat. I got the Master Sword, and then paid to switch it all into stamina. I beat the game with 3 hearts, and 2 upgrades to the traveler's gear (I think that's what it's called).
>>
>>386636571
I wonder how you passed middle school reading comprehension with thay mentality
>>
File: 1502114416086.jpg (58KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1502114416086.jpg
58KB, 400x381px
>>386636652
>normal combat in dark souls
>a good shield
>>
>>386636091
Not them, but it's not even really about losing the generic weapons the bokoblins carry around. It's that the combat does little more than perpetuate a useless cycle of breaking and gaining weapons. There is also the downside of acquiring a weapon you really like and attach meaning to, only to know you're going to lose it if you use it. I still remember finding that flame sword above the waterfall and thinking it was awesome, only for it to dawn on me that it'll just break if I use it. So I saved it for an important encounter that never came, having it hog up my inventory. In the end I just mounted on my wall.
>>
>>386636659
So it's basically you gimping yourself to make combat interesting in Xenoblade X huh? Skells are so overpowered it puts Zelda's armour to shame
>>
>>386636739
Ok. I mean, I gimped myself in Zelda, too. I never really complained about the combat in either, so I'm not sure what you're getting at with that post.
>>
>>386636092
The hell? How? If you're talking about stasis, then that's bullshit outside of very rare scenarios.
>>
>>386636693
>hur dur turtling is bad
Bet you want me to play the game with my eyes closed as well huh?
>>
>>386636317
you can just attach octoballoons to any physics object, stand on top of it and ride to the ceiling then handglide to the exit
skip like half of all the shrines that way alone
stasis launching yourself works too
>>
>>386636724
>I have to hold on to this Flame Rod to wear in cold climates or to start log fires
I don't know how anyone can defend the weapon system
>>
>>386636332
so the only difference between good combat and bad combat is if the door locks until you kill your target?
lel
>>
>>386636765
Magnesis. It's faster than gliding plus you don't waste any stamina and time climbing up something as you go
>>
>>386636775
Not him, but I love the people like that who get BB, and then bitch about Father Gascione. Dude was pretty much hand crafter to be a "fuck you," to people who abused the shield.
>>
>>386636814
But you don't have to what are you talking about
>>
>>386636867
It's a lot easier than pissing around with food or climbing.
>>
>>386636891
Not a fan of BotW, but the bird town sells gear so that the cold won't be an issue.
>>
>>386636835
>bloodborne
>hard for shield players
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Especially father gasgoine. Parry wins easy, and you get a lot of practice with those timings if you play a shield character before
>>
>>386636724
> So I saved it for an important encounter that never came, having it hog up my inventory. In the end I just mounted on my wall.

yeah see the problem is entirely your flawed degenerate psychology.
your OCD keeps you from embracing the ad hoc usage of weaponry and instead you're still desperately trying to keep all your shit in pristine condition and min/max your numbers to optimize.

you're doing this because that's how you've played previous games and its a compulsion to you, not because that's how you SHOULD play the game. The game is made for people who can overcome their psychological blocks, not for autists
>>
BotW is probably my GOTY so far (glad my PC could emulate it well) but I miss dungeons
>>
>>386636212
The puzzles in the shrines are still ridiculously easy, and enemies are extremely easy to cheese or avoid. There's also no merit in dealing with them.
>>
>>386636923
And buying it is a waste of time when you can just wear the rod.
>>
>>386637008
If BotW is your GOTY, I feel really bad that you've played such bad games this year. BotW is middling at best.
>>
>>386637031
and this does not apply to the plateau because...?
>>386637034
But you are complaining about wearing the rod.
>>
>>386637034
Yeah. There so much more important shit to spend your money on like... uh... your house?
>>
>>386636820
Way to miss the point
>>
>>386637045
That's just your opinion man. I agree with him as well, and I played almost all the notable games in 2017 that has released on PC and am in the process of emulating Persona. People have different opinions you know?
>>
>>386637064
I'm not complaining about the rod, I'm complaining about the weapon durability system.
The rod is fine, it being part of that system isn't.
>>
>>386637045
Lol look at this faggot. Bet people liking the game makes you real angry.
>>
>>386637116
Ok, so this means he's either got pretty bad taste, or hasn't played anything all that great.
>>
>>386636652
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>386621859
No. Companions suck.

Case and point; BotW's companion.

link
Link
LINK
>>
>>386637164
Not particularly. Like I said, it just makes me feel bad for him if he legitimately thinks that is the best game to drop this year. It's not the worst game I've ever played or anything, but it's way overhyped for what it offers.
>>
>>386637165
maybe you are the one with bad taste here? Just maybe? I have played Nier, Prey and am 50 hours into Persona 5. BotW is better than all of them so far
>>
>>386637205
I cannot imagine being so autistic you feel bad for other people for having opinions that differ from yours
>>
>>386637214
>I have played Nier, Prey and am 50 hours into Persona 5. BotW is better than all of them so far.
I honestly have no idea what you could possibly value in BotW that would make it better than any of those games you listed.

Now I'm more curious: What about it made it better than those other games?
>>
>>386636687
It's not a lack of comprehension if you willfully dismiss something irrelevant, you donut.
>>
>>386637252
If you said your favorite game of all time was Lagoon for the SNES, I would feel bad for you. It would have nothing to do with different opinions, but an assumption that you haven't played anything better than that game.
>>
>>386637290
The story and characters.
>>
>>386637360
What story? Which characters?
>>
>>386637290
Exploration and Physcis puzzles. I really enjoy those and those games lack that. I also enjoy the aesthetic and atmosphere of BotW more than all the games listed, except Persona. But persona is bogged down by shit dialogue and a really horrible pacing. Nier's main flaw to me is that the characters did not click with me at all and I found their interactions cringe inducing and the story thus having no impact. Prey had a sound design that actively ruined the atmosphere of the game and the gunplay felt really weak
>>
>>386637402
The story and characters didn't actively ruin the game like the others listed, yeah. Prey was an extremely bad case of story destroying the game, and persona is a case of characters destroying a game
>>
>>386636931
I don't give two shits about minmaxing, I just wanted to keep what I earned and not have it wasted on combat that is fundamentally flawed just so I could get junk I don't care about in return.
It undermines the entire point of doing something if you know that what you'll get out of it is just some garbage that'll disappear over nothing in pointless confrontations. Why would anyone want that?
>>
>>386637360
Seriously? I almost think this is bait now. Not even comparing it to those other games, what story or character is even here? Story's basic as shit just the way I want it for Zelda admittingly and there's no Zelda that can compare to the characters we see in Majora's Mask or Windy Waker.

Skyward Sword had more character for Christ's sake.
>>
>>386621859
While I don't think companions are as bad as the internet make them out to be with the exception of Fi, she was so bad in her intrusiveness and flat out telling you the solution to puzzles that it ruined the ending because by the time I beat the game, I couldn't stand her, I enjoy Zelda games the most when you don't have a companion telling you what to do or where to go. ALBW was at it's best when you finally got to explore what you wanted in essentially what ever order you wanted
>>
>>386637493
Holy shit I almost forgot the bullshit TWEEST of prey
>>
>>386636826
Are you talking about troll physics with the rafts and carts? You'd spend more time finding and bringing over a raft and/or cart than it would to just go where you want to.
>>
>>386637640
In my experience it's still faster than finding a good vantage spot and climbing up it to glide from. You don't have to use a raft either
>>
>>386622549
The rito part was so easy it felt like it was intended as the first area players should do. Usually Nintendo front loads their games so people who only spend like 2 hours playing it before they drop it like the casuals they arecan experience something that had a lot of time put into its development. The rito segement had so little content that I can't understand why they made it so easy
>>
>>386637064
Because it's just one small part of the plateau, and combat against enemies that are damage sponges using nothing but sticks and tricks is far more fun than what it becomes later on in the game after you realize how pointless it all really is.
>>
>>386637768
>one small part of the plateau
And it's also a small part of the game. Your point being...?
>>
>>386637768
*against enemies that aren't damage sponges
>>
>>386637758
Literally everything except for the final castle was easier than the Rito dungeon in Wind Waker. When everything is that piss-easy, you can't be surprised that one area is even easier.
>>
>>386637540
the entire thematic of this game is Transience
and you're hung up on temporal materialism

you WANT to hang onto that sword and have it last forever and it harms your psyche to see it explode and be forever gone. You stockpile large number of items you'll never use for fear of breaking them, you avoid engaging even though you KNOW that you'll never run out of weapons or shields or bows, that there is an endless cycling supply and 5 minutes of grinding would restock an entire inventory- and even though you're conscious of this, your psychological hangup prevents you from embracing it.

Breath of the Wild is a game about transience just like majora's mask was a game about catharsis.
>>
>>386637830
My point being is you're hammering away at this one thing while ignoring the rest the plateau has to offer as a first experience.
There's a reason so many people say they liked this part of the game the most, and I suspect you know why, you just view it as something you need to attack in order to defend the rest of the game.
>>
>>386637493
Holy shit this. P5's characters are literally Anime cliches turned up to 11. I wanted Morgana and Ryuji to die at the end of the game. Playing P5 is like watching a shitty teen flick
>>
>>386638052
Can you purchase and furnish your house in the tutorial zone? Checkmate, atheist!
>>
>>386638052
>implying I even like the rest of the game
Plateau is still the worst part because it is the easiest and least interesting part. You don't have to defend plateau by shitting on the rest of the game anon kun
>>
>>386638082
And yet the cast of BotW manages to be twice as generic in a tenth of the screentime.
>>
Is it worth setting up CemU to play it?
I can't be bothered to find a place to download the game.
>>
>>386622167
I would like a Twilight Princess 2 (either Midna not aging or a reincarnation like Link and Zelda)

This time, have Link get her! Do the ending right!

Gameplay could still be like BotW just with "more". More weapons, more enemy types, more tools, more dungeons, more types of "shrines" (caves, ruins...), more story etc.
>>
>>386638168
Generic is still better than annoying. They get far less screen time as well and the game isn't centered around your interactions with them. Thus the game isn't ruined by how generic the characters are since they play such a minimal role unlike what you get in P5
>>
>>386638242
Ok, so, just to understand, your argument isn't that BotW is good, just that it isn't as bad as Persona 5?
>>
>>386638242
That's why story and character centered experienced are inferior. The characters click or they don't. Cinematic experiences should just die off the face of the earth
>>
>>386637994
>link and zelda literally survive a hundred years without aging just because
>purah just happens to accidentally stumble upon eternal youth
>game is about transience because muh weapon durability
>>
>>386638351
Breath of the wild is both good and much better than Persona 5. Bet you think you were so clever huh?
>>
>>386638450
Not really. You aren't saying how the game is good, just how other games are worse. When people ask you why you like the game, and you resort to insulting other games, it just makes you seem desperate to shit on other games, rather than talk about what makes your game shine.
>>
>>386638168
Isn't it bad if something is only twice as generic when you get 10 times less time to flesh it out? Sure speaks volumes about persona 5's """characterization"""
>>
>>386638450
How can it be good if I don't like it?
>>
>>386638569
You're literally asking why BOTW is better than all the games this year. To do that we have to point out flaws of the other games and say what makes them so inferior as compared to breath of the wild. The perceived merits of the game are clear and repeated many times already regardless of whether you agree with them or not thus the only thing left to do is the say why the other games are worse
>>
>>386638414
>forgetting that ghosts can apparently just fuck around in the real world for as long as they like
>>
>>386638687
I did no such thing. You said that you liked BotW better than other games this year, and someone else asked why. You then picked shit that was pretty much non-existent in BotW (like characters and story), and when people pointed this fact out, you used it as grounds to attack other games. You've never once claimed that the characters or story was good, only better than games that you didn't like.
>>
>>386638569
This year has been total shit as a whole, but breath of the wild is mediocre. Thus it wins by default
>>
>>386638780
I've enjoyed the fuck out of this year, personally. Of course, I buy games I want when I want them. I don't typically buy games when they are new. That said, the games I HAVE purchased new have all been pretty fun. Except for BotW, which, as you mentioned, is mediocre.
>>
>>386638768
That wasn't me though? I was the reply after that that I am too lazy to link, but I have similar criticisms to the other games
>>
>>386621373
Got bored after about 3 hours.
>>
>>386638414
link and zelda are the only survivors and they don't have eternal youth
purah is a foil to the world around her

all the champions are dead and can't be brought back
all the civilization has collapsed and can't be restored
all your items break
your quest is just to earn some temporary reprieve before inevitability returns
>>
>>386638850
Something can both be fun and be mediocre.
>>
>>386638901
Too bad Zelda wasn't.
>>
>>386638924
Too bad it was, especially when compared to the other games this year
>>
>>386638945
No, it wasn't fun. If you're going to try and drag other games down in order to justify the fact that you enjoyed a bad game, that won't make the game any better.

It was mediocre because it was a huge world with very little to do in it.
>>
>>386638996
Yes it was fun. It had lots to do in the world, and those things are fun. You trying to drag it down with literally nothing is even more pathetic desu. I don't even think the game is good, but it is still fun. Sorry you're so mad at the fact anon
>>
>>386638996
>bad game
That's a good joke anon. I like it, have a (You) in return
>>
>>386638996
Everything is relative. Something cannot be objectively bad or good, so yes, comparisons to other things will determine whether something is good or bad. Being good compared to other similar things makes a game good
>>
>>386639047
Yes, you could take pictures of the same dozen enemies each time the color palette swapped, do shrines, and mine for jewels to sell to furnish your house in the desperate attempt to get faggots off your lawn.

>>386639047
I'm not any more mad that you liked a bad game than I would be mad at some retard screaming that the clear blue sky is neon green. You just shake your head and smile.
>>
>>386639186
>tarrey town and shrines are the only thing to do in this game
Good try, but no dice.
>implying I liked the game
>my opinion is fact
Autism must be acting up real bad huh?
>>
>>386638880
>all the champions are dead and can't be brought back
Doesn't seem to be anything they can't do as ghosts.

>all the civilization has collapsed and can't be restored
>can't be restored
Literally what you set off to do at the end of the game.

>all your items break
Not all of them, just the shitty ones that can't magically repair themselves. Once you go master sword, you don't go back.

>your quest is just to earn some temporary reprieve before inevitability returns
Your quest is to save the world practically nobody seems to care is in danger. You succeed, then rebuild.
If anything, the game is about defying time, the odds, and persevering through all trials and tribulations without breaking or giving up. Thus, the weapons are extra shit for going against the theme of the game.
>>
>>386639186
>muh opinion is actual fact
Jesus who let literal spergs in this thread?
>>
>>386639183
No, it simply makes it good relative to those other things. People can still think it's hot trash and not be wrong.
>>
>>386639463
Of course it's not wrong, opinions exist. The comparison is of course, also an opinion. Why is this so hard to grasp?
>>
>>386639186
You forgot korok seeds and divine beasts, but that's about it.

Tarrey Town isn't as good as people try to make it seem, it's just that the payoff for the load of fetch quests it put you through was nice.
>>
>>386639572
>Being good compared to other similar things makes a game good
Because you stated something objectively wrong.
>>
Can we all at least agree that BotW was by far the most visually appealing
>>
>>386639670
I forgot a decent between similar and things
>>
>>386639186
the ghosts just linger and then dissipate when they've served their purpose
hyrule isn't restored at the end of the game, all you accomplish is a temporary period until ganon returns again, and the seed to start regrowing civilization
all your weapons break even the one that has to repair itself, your melee weapons break, bows break, shields break, all your materials and food are just counters that dwindle when used until you run out, your buffs are just for a few minutes time and then expire.

>Your quest is to save the world practically nobody seems to care is in danger. You succeed, then rebuild.
You can't save the world. You don't go back in time and undo the destruction like Ocarina of Time. You don't avert the apocalypse like Majoras Mask. You don't wipe away the old world like Wind Waker. You don't awake from the nightmare like Link's Awakening.

The apocalypse has already occurred, there's no changing it, all of civilization was destroyed and can't return and all the dead characters stay dead. Being able to cling to life and rebuild is your accomplishment, and its still a bitter end because ganon isn't defeated, just exiled
>>
>>386639679
Visually appealing what? Zelda game? I agree if so
>>
File: this is a blizzrobe.jpg (76KB, 641x541px) Image search: [Google]
this is a blizzrobe.jpg
76KB, 641x541px
>>386639730
>>386639292
thats not where i clicked
>>
ITT: Literal Autism
>>
File: 1477597615155.gif (2MB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477597615155.gif
2MB, 322x400px
So how was Master Mode for all of you? Currently having fun burning through my weapons by fighting all the Silver enemies. I'm actually shocked that Golden enemies have a resistance to electricity, so stunlocking them isn't a viable strategy. Frostspears the best weapon, by the way.
>>
>>386639924
It's pretty fun once you get past the initial block
>>
how does the wii u version compare to the switch?
>>
>>386640031
Worse framerate, worse resolution, but still playable
>>
File: 1492349095594.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1492349095594.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
You people are still doing this shit? How are you not yet tired of being buttblasted 24/7 for 5 months straight?
>>
>>386640106
Are you referring to the 4 of them or
>>
>>386639924
normal attacks stunlock golden enemies just fine
hit 10 times, then they'll do a single telegraphed swing with superarmor, sidestep that, hit 10 more times
best to cancel after every 3rd swing so you don't knockback them

hell you can massacre most golden enemies in this game with an inventory of spring loaded hammers
>>
File: ok jim.gif (408KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ok jim.gif
408KB, 250x250px
>>386639808
>relatively civil discussion between people who like and dislike the game
>literal autism
>>
>>386640106
>you people
>implying you aren't a part of it
>>
File: malleo ig misig.webm (2MB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
malleo ig misig.webm
2MB, 636x476px
>>386640171
kill yourself faggot
everyone who doesn't like or dislike this game is an autist
>>
>>386640171
>relatively civil discussion
>IF YOU LIKE A GAME YOU ARE LITERALLY UNIRONICALLY FACTUALLY WRONG HURRRDURR
Yep, this is civil discussion on /v/ alright
>>
>>386640171
>relatively civil
You must have missed that extremely autistic exchange above
>>
>>386640259
But I'm not buttblasted.
>>
>>386640286
Which? This thread is 400 posts long.
>>
Honestly? I want story focus and compainions back.

Now before you open up the firing squad, there's no reason either of these things have to change how you play Zelda games in the future.

Maybe the compainion only speaks when you ask it something? And even then, it won't tell you where you should be going or what you need to do. It's superfluous, but Link travelling all alone is kinda boring for me.

And the greater focus on story could be completely optional. In a way, they already sorta did what I had in mind. They put "Defeat Ganon" and "Free the Divine Beasts" off to the side with main quests, and then there was the memories and such. I just like being driven. Having a task or destination in a game. When I'm left to my own devices, I get overwhelmed with options. It's fun at first but I just feel like I'm missing something. I dunno.
>>
>>386640543
The
>game is not fun
>no it is
>it's not
>it is
>no it's objectively bad and I feel sorry for everyone who likes it
>>
>>386626872
>babies first adventure game made by meme developer that people only know because they make shitty arpgs
Great idea
>>
>>386640623
I stand corrected. Didn't realize it dragged on for that long.
>>
File: 655656.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
655656.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
nice
>>
>>386622765
You don't fucking seige the castle. You amble in, kill a few enemies and wander up to the boss room
>>
>>386629782
Tarry town is nowhere near the best quest in the series. You're either way wandering a town looking for someone or wandering around collecting wood. Most quests from MM are far superior
>>
Given the fact that BotW is Nintendo's very first attempt at creating a massive open world 3D game, it's fucking astonishing what they achieved on the tech they used - a dead PS3 era console and a handheld barely bigger than my fone.

There's not a lot they got wrong and what they got right should become the accepted standard for these types of games. Nintendo usually listen to the fan's responses for this series, so I'm sure we'll eventually see the return of huge themed dungeons and items.
>>
>finished the game with only 2 fairy fountains, 5 korok seeds (never upgraded my slots), the first horse i found (with no armor), no house
damn i missed a lot of shit
>>
File: Gay Robots.jpg (5KB, 163x184px) Image search: [Google]
Gay Robots.jpg
5KB, 163x184px
Not particularly

Listening to Darkbeast Ganon's Theme.

Whatever it wants to be, just done well. If it wants to be an Action-Adventure it needs to actually have decent action gameplay and an engaging adventure. If it wants to be an exploration puzzle game it needs to have an original setting to explore, preferably with some interesting locales and a lore-heavy world with puzzles that weren't already tired and overused in Half Life 2.

Keep the conceptual artist(s), fire the rest of the development team leads. I like Fujibayashi and Aonuma, but what the fuck they are even doing other than being jobbers where otherwise creative people are needed is beyond me. How you go from the Oracles and Majora's Mask to WW/TP/SS and now this is beyond me. Sometimes you're a one hit wonder and need to accept that and let somebody else take a shot.
>>
>>386644427
I mean to be fair, you don't really need any of that stuff. The House is the most significant thing, and it's just a glorified weapon rack.
>>
>>386634624
Oh fuck off. Just because you disagree it does doesn't mean he hasn't played the game. Climbing trivialises exploration and there's no real interesting obstacles anywhere because you can just climb and glide over everything
>>
>>386644834
But that's not even true
>>
>>386644834
>Climbing trivialises exploration
Missed the entire fucking point didn't you?
>>
File: 1498428001125.png (591KB, 895x955px) Image search: [Google]
1498428001125.png
591KB, 895x955px
>>386644937
>>386644998
Not him but what am I missing. After like 10 hours of bokoblin camps I just started running past the MMO trash mobs, and there's basically nothing else in the way. The highlight of the game was lighting the blue torches.
>>
File: 1382389081855.jpg (158KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1382389081855.jpg
158KB, 854x859px
>>386621373
>Did you enjoy your time with Breath of the Wild? What's your favourite moment in the game?
No.
> What do you want the next zelda game to be like?
And actual Zelda game.
> What do you want them to keep from breath of the wild and what do you want them to significantly tweak/remove?
Keep nothing and remove everything. This game is utter garbage.
>>
>>386645483
You're missing your memories fucktard
>>
>>386645551
What's your favourite moment
>no
10/10 have a (You)
>>
>>386645483
So what are you actually complaing about; the climbing as used as an exploration mechanic or the content in the game?
>>
>>386645612
Hey now, no reason to get uppity. I got the memories. But really, what am I missing?
>>
>>386644335
What did they get right that should be the standard for other open world games? I can think of the lack of handholding but that seems to have come at the expense of having a focused cohesive narrative and a gradual increased difficulty
>>
>>386645961
>no linear narrative that railroads you
>lack of handholding (as you said)
>no shitty skill trees or exp shoehorned in for literally no reason
>give players more tools to interact with the environment
>>
File: FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg (3MB, 1000x5118px) Image search: [Google]
FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg
3MB, 1000x5118px
>>386645789
The main core of the game is finding the 4 devine beasts, each of requires finding the town affected by it and initiating a story based quest.

You also have over 100 mini shrines to uncover.

Stop trying to pretend there's nothing to do. It's a weak meme.
>>
File: 1496870506798.png (463KB, 1060x846px) Image search: [Google]
1496870506798.png
463KB, 1060x846px
They should do breath of the wild again, only smaller, and with more handcrafted content.

No more Koroks.
>>
>>386645698
Look at Zora's domain. You have to fight your way up to that due to the pouring rain and a lot of people consider it one of the highlights of the game. Every single other area you can simply climb and fly over
>>
>>386646292
Uh you can climb through that part too, and that has nothing to do with exploration
>>
>>386645698
Climbing is fun. A little boring, considering you can just free climb from the get-go and it's not earned or actually takes any skill. Would've been cool if it was super in-depth and the world was littered with enemies blocking your path so working to git gud at climbing would actually benefit you.
I mean yeah, I guess the content sucks, not inherently the climbing. I mean shit it's just press a to walk vertically, nothing wrong with that I guess.

I think what anon was trying to get at is that climbing is always to get from A to B, and A and B are never really interesting. The flip side of that would be climbing to avoid an obstacle, but there just flat out aren't any. So exploration boils down to walking, horizontally or otherwise, to get somewhere that isn't really interesting. If there had been more emphasis on platforming, I.E. if Link could jump more than 4 inches and the game world reflected it, it would be a different story. If getting from A to B meant encountering enemies and the game had really fun, well developed combat system, it would be a different story. If the memories that other anon mentioned had told a great story, it would be a different story. If the game had even bothered to quite literally block your path with enemies at any single point, even with the trashy combat, it would've felt like an accomplishment just to clean them out. Pressing A to climb a fucking rockface for 5 minutes isn't an accomplishment, and there's nothing on that two-bit textured rock worth seeing or doing anyway.

Where is the sense of accomplishment in doing anything in this game?
>>
>>386646292
I climbed around that part. It was a neat path tho. I didn't actually mean to skip it, but oh well.
>>
>>386646292
tfw missed it first time because I glided to Vah Ruta from the top of Mt Lanayru
didn't know what was to the north and found my first Divine Beast then went to Zora's domain to the West
>>
>>386631425
If these things were just the game, you'd just complain about how it's to similar to the other games. You can't have the best of both worlds
>>
>>386646361
>the game doesn't pat me on the back enough
>that's bad
>>
>>386646134
I don't think linear narrative is a bad thing. Honestly the main story in BOTW was pretty bad. You had 4 pretty short quests leading up to each divine beast and then the rest of the story was just dotted around in random areas.
I don't really mind skill trees and exp systems in games although I don't mind that Zelda didn't have any. But I felt the progression in the game was pretty bad overall due to how you get everything worthwhile at the beginning. All you get later are some mediocre champions powers and an increase in health or stamina
>>
>>386646361
>isn't interesting
If it's not interesting why are you going there. Also the memories are great in spanish
>>
>>386646558
>mediocre powers
What the fuck am I reading. They are too overpowered if anything. The story is not bad, but simple, and I like that
>>
I'm still enjoying the game
completed all the side quests, all the shrines, and all the divine beasts.
now I'm just gonna get enough korok seeds just to max out my weapon slots before i go fight ganon.
>>
>>386646361
>climbing is always to get from A to B, and A and B are never really interesting.

Compare that to how other open world games handle exploration, which usually involve poonting your character in the right direction on your minimap and moving along a flat trajectory. Considering the climbing mechanic and the way the weather/climate/environment are connected, exploring in BotW is ultimately far more involved than most other games.
>>
>>386646642
Well I didn't know it wasn't interesting until I got there. That's the beauty of open world design I suppose; The anticipation and imagination sells it. If only they put that into the development.

>>386646495
I mean yeah, I'd rather play chess against somebody than against myself. What did you enjoy about BotW's exploration, or just in general?
>>
>>386646350
Yeah you can climb it which completely trivialises it. And it has everything to do with exploration. Due to the fact you can climb everything there is less interesting scenarios like that because of how easy it is to skip over everything.

Why should I follow an enemy filled path up and around a mountain when I can just hold up and climb a sheer vertical cliff?
>>
I wish they were more sidequests like the zora one where you have to look for the stone monuments.
>>
>>386646815
I like most of the shrines and most areas look great, thus I enjoyed exploration
>>
>>386646706
Exactly, they're crutches. The only interesting one is revalis gale and that just lets you skip climbing. I didn't mean the abilities themselves were mediocre, but they're just boring
>>
this game was a disappointment
>>
>>386646841
Well you seem alone in this judging by how people really hate rain. The game rains so often specially to wall off climbing and people just idle until it's gone
>>
>>386647047
It actually exceed my expectations but they weren't that high.
>>
I wish there were more side quests
like rebuilding the ruin towns
or stumbling across some archeologist and you have to clear out a cave system before they can go in
>>
File: 1464234296940.gif (6KB, 350x328px) Image search: [Google]
1464234296940.gif
6KB, 350x328px
>>386646808
Other games have good combat, sometimes. I mean yeah, you're right, BotW is something as opposed to nothing, but it wasn't really enough for me.
Since we're talking about other games, in general they have, along with the aforementioned...
>Original storylines
>Characters.
>Decent graphics and/or art styles
>Solid sound design

I like the idea of open world games, I just don't think developers were ready for the scale that marketing eventually became about. Chemistry Engine is great and all, but it's the icing without a cake. There has to be something in between goofing around with the physics or climbing four steps during the rain, or just waiting 3 minutes because the rain never lasts long enough to actually be an obstacle so its inclusion is ultimately pointless.

BotW is riddled with technology, but it's just not the primary selling point for me. I didn't buy MGS2 because the ice cubes melted in real time during the tanker incident.
I bought it because I thought Raiden was cute
>>
>>386647301
>I bought it because I thought Raiden was cute

You don't think Link is cute? Or is that the sole reason you bought it in the first place you faggot.
>>
>>386647065
I think it's because the game gives you a tool and then the rain pretty much takes it away for the duration.
My problem with climbing is it sacrifices interesting level design. Look at previous Zelda games. Imagine if in OoT you could just climb over the castle walls skipping the stealth section. Or climb up the side of death mountain instead of following the trail up.
There's a reason they don't let you climb inside shrines and divine beasts. It just breaks the game
>>
>>386647301
But breath of the wild has all of them, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not there. Sound design in particular is amazing and it sets atmosphere very well
>>
>>386647449
Yeah they take it away and what do people do? They just bitch. They just want easy way outs, not find another way.
>>
>>386647301
>dragon's dildo
>>>/g/
>>>/e/
>>>/t/
>>>/out/
>>
>>386647301
that dragon looks like a giraffe
>>
File: 1361437952202.gif (308KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1361437952202.gif
308KB, 500x281px
>>386621373
>went to all the effort of emulating this shit
>empty as fuck
>exploration got old when I knew that all I would find were seeds, shrines or more fucking disposable weapons
>combat and enemy "variety" wore thin very fast
>horse controlled like aids

I expected nothing and I was still disappointed.
>>
>>386646939
Fair enough. I think my moment of realization that I wasn't really into this depiction of Hyrule was when I floated from a tower into a location called "Demise's Pass", which looked cool from afar and obviously is named after whatever crazy lore incarnation of evil Demise was, and then it's just two bokoblin skullcamps and a Shrine.
Like I think I imagined there was going to be a miniboss that either looked like Demise, or maybe a unique miniboss that was named after him, like a giant ass worm thing that had carved this crevasse out as it shimmied through it. Two bokoblin camps, and a Shrine. So I just reloaded my save back at the top of the tower.

The anticipation is always better is pretty much the nail that got driven into my skull while playing it.
>>
>>386647449
You're right. Most other games require you to use tools and resources to navigate vertically, and usually they are better for it.
>>
>>386647301
I keep hearing rain lasts 10 minutes when people are bitching, now it's 3? Funny, man
>>
>>386647480
>sound design is particularly amazing
>plays the same songs for riding your horse, fighting enemies, horse outposts, shrines, and le meme towers
>>
>>386621373
botw was a really fun time for me, i sadly can't think of any deciding wow moment. don't think i had one.

i want the next open world zelda to have way more enemy types insted of 8 enemies with pallete swaps, dungeons that are more like caves/ruins akin to skyrim or dragons dogma, and i want a damn recipe book, i wanna cook everything and track every recipe i've made, make it happen nintendo.

ALSO MUSIC. silence is ok sometimes but i also like some music, damn it, it adds to the atmosphere
>>
>>386647682

Sound design is more than just music you beautiful person.
>>
>>386647682
And? It still supports the game's atmosphere. No one complained about the great sea music being the same because the atmosphere is godly
>>
>>386621373
>What's your favourite moment in the game
Typhlo Ruins
>>
>>386621373
Yes, I had a good time during its first 40-50h

Since then, I realized how shallow the game was and it kinda spoiled the whole experience. I still 100%'d it though, spent about 120h in total.

I feel like never coming back. It was great in the beginning but it turned out to be a forgettable, shallow experience in the end that barely improves anything from the Great Plateau "wow" moments.
>>
>>386647768
That's like trying to fill your gaping anus with a white penis
>>
>>386647914
Why not end it right then and there? 40-50hr is more than enough. Why force yourself?
>>
>>386647386
I bought BotW because I bought a big black brick a few years ago. I also liked the concept art and designs, including Link. Shame he looks like a retard in-game. They should've made the game's ingame artstyle reflect the concept art, but I guess they would've gotten more Okami backlash.

>>386647480
To each his own, right? BotW's atmosphere didn't really do it for me. Like from the word go they try and sell a post-apocalyptic world on fire wrought with monsters and shit, but it's just quaint grasslands. Nobody in the Domains even seems to care about the Beasts, and the Beasts don't seem to care about the Domains either. It's like all the drama happens off screen.

>>386647560
im sry itsuno made a better action-adventure game in his first attempt with the budget of collected coke cans stolen from a hobo living in an underpass than EPD in 17 years. for what it's worth if we get to 2029 and Dragon's Dogma is still the exact same, i'd like to think i'd be salty. the chances of that are slim i imagine because DD isn't and will evidently never be a series.
>>
>>386647636
never had it last 10 minutes, you sure anon wasn't in that place where it never stops raining?
>>
>>386621373
>Did you enjoy your time with BotW?
No. I bought a Switch at launch to avoid the hassle of trying to track one down, so I bought Zelda just to have an excuse to play with my new toy, not to mention everyone claiming it was the best Zelda ever.

>What's your favorite moment in the game?
Everything in Zora's Domain

>What do you want the next Zelda game to be like?
tl;dr Keep the massive world BotW introduced to the Zelda series, but have more emphasis on story, towns, and real dungeons like older 3D Zeldas

>What to keep from BotW
Keep the huge world

>What to remove
Remove breakable weapons (or at least have a reasonable method for repairing certain weapons)
Remove shrines, go back to proper Zelda dungeons
Remove the hassle of getting a horse, be given Epona
>>
>>386648036
because the game won't end at 40-50 hour mark, unless you just skip everything and go straight to the beasts, then to the castle

problem is, if you "explore" too much, it gets old way too fast, you'll be sick of fighting the same enemies and getting the same weapons by the second or third beast
>>
>>386648084
>Dragons dogma
>better action adventure
>small budget
>better

Also many people in the domain mention the beast, no need to lie
Is this a joke?
>>
>>386648249
Then why not just end it? Blitz through and check online if you missed anything interesting
>>
>>386648084
>To each his own, right? BotW's atmosphere didn't really do it for me. Like from the word go they try and sell a post-apocalyptic world on fire wrought with monsters and shit, but it's just quaint grasslands. Nobody in the Domains even seems to care about the Beasts, and the Beasts don't seem to care about the Domains either. It's like all the drama happens off screen.

That's true, for a post-apocalypse, it really doesn't seem that bad. Civilization still exist, people go about their daily lives mostly unthreatened.

To be honest, it feels like an "early settlers moving to a new uninhabited land" kind of deal rather than a "destroyed civilization that is struggling to maintain even a semblance of normalcy" kind of deal.
>>
>>386648158
No. But hyperbole on both ends is funny
>>
>>386648332
Should I rush a flawed game for its flaws not to show? Is that your logic?
>>
>>386648036
autism
>>
>>386625032
I fucking love nendos
>>
File: a1b.jpg (119KB, 602x655px) Image search: [Google]
a1b.jpg
119KB, 602x655px
>>386648012
>>
>>386648436
No, my logic is you should stop playing a game you find boring as soon as possible
>>
>>386647624
Exactly. The fact they had a tool for this in previous games but for some reason decided to omit it in the game where they let you climb everything is ludicrous.
>>
>>386648582
Hookshot is uneeded with revali's Gale, and required even less resources
>>
>>386648436
Literally the point of any open world game that lets you go to the final boss at any time is to finish it once you're getting tired of the gameplay flow. Completionist mentality is autistic specially in a game like BOTW
>>
>>386648658

Then Revali's Gale should be gone.
>>
>>386648542
>finished the game
>b-buit you're not allowed to dislike it because it received 97/100 meta

>didn't finish the game
>b-but you're not allowed to dislike it since you dropped halfway through

yeah...
>>
>>386648249
>because the game won't end at 40-50 hour mark

It's an open world game. It can be beaten in under an hour
>>
>>386648849
What is this strange strawman? You are finishing the game if you blitz
>>
>>386648881
>because the game is NOT SUPPOSED TO END at 40-50h mark
fixed, feel better now?
>>
>>386648658
Why not have it as a late game item? And then let you go full just cause with it and the glider. By that point all you'd have left to do is find a few remaining shrines and korok seeds if you want to make yourself suffer
>>
>people refuse to do combat because it's not economically efficient
if you're such a baby about the gameplay, warp to Hyrule Castle and get your royals before venturing out
>>
>>386648843
Then why should hookshot be in? Muh nostalgia?
>>
>>386621713
>tedious
>not the name of this game
Why is second post always a faggot?
>>
The game is Ghibli as fuck and i love it. I hope they take even more inspiration from it in the future.

My fav Ghibli things they did:

>ancient (lost) civilization is much more advanced than the ones after it
>giant ancient machines that are extremely powerful
>ancient weapons get reactivated
>magic is more like a computer code and needs to be programmed instead of "learned"
>>
>>386649042
Why is faggot not your name?
>>
>>386649042
>BotW
>tedious
You can literally just stop and see the ending whenever you want
>>
>>386649335
That hardly excuses the content for being tedious
>>
>>386649510
But it's not, so no excuse needed
>>
File: 1464231296258.jpg (199KB, 554x603px) Image search: [Google]
1464231296258.jpg
199KB, 554x603px
>>386648253
Yeah but none of the affects. It's the way the plot is written, it conveniently has it so things either happened, or are going to happen. Nothing is ever in the process of happening, or appears to be.

Goron City? Vah Rudania is causing molten rocks to rain upon the 20 Goron who still exist (because that's an original plot we've never seen before) and their mining operation, so now they can't eat rock caviar or mine shit for the Gerudo, so they can't make money to buy... things that Goron's buy.
Neat. Where are the rocks? Why is Goron "City" perfectly intact? Why do all of the Gorons have a retarded grin on their comedy relief faces? No tension or drama here, so any semblance of heroism (in a fucking game where you're supposed to be a hero) is gone.

Zora's Domain. Vah Ruta, oh shit. Shit's gonna flood Hyrule apparently. Wait, why hasn't it done it yet? Is this really urgent, seeing as it has been at it for a century and hasn't really done much of anything? Wouldn't just killing Ganon be faster and more efficient?

Rito Village. Help, Master Link, Vah Medoh is shooting bean bags at Rito who fly near it, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE US FROM THIS NATIONAL TRAGEDY.

Boss, look! That's Skullface's Parasite Unit, also known as "The Skulls". They wiped out my unit in less than a- Wait, never mind. It's just a mechanical giraffe that sometimes emits ambiguous electric strikes in a 50 ft radius, don't get too close and you'll be alright. Shouldn't be hard, it's been going in a circle for 100 years.

Gee whiz, those fucking beasts. What a pain in my ass, right?
>>
>>386649650
So your problem with the Goron is that they look funny? And no problem with the bird? That they should ignore naboris because it might not attack, although there is a chance?

Also Ruta hasn't started trying to flood until recently.
>>
>>386649650
So it has to be life or death or it does not need to be dealt with?
>>
I like what BOTW has to offer so far(didnt finish it yet), but I wish they reduced shrines by like 50% and added in some mofuckin ass dungeons.
>>
>>386649335
>you can literally stop and see the shitty ending that barely explains anything that was already explained in a shallow way from the beginning, and by that you ultimately feel like not accomplishing anything
>>
>>386650240
There is nothing left to explain though
>>
>>386650176
pretty much this

shrines feel like a lazy way to put "content" in a barren wasteland called world map
>>
>>386650329
Why? They aren't easier or harder than other Zelda puzzles. They are perfectly fine
>>
>>386649907
I mean, yeah. They and their surroundings don't really look to be in any immediate peril. I mean shit they flat out lied and said that rocks are raining from the sky, something that actually was happening in Ocarina of Time. They look and act stupid and their city is fine and Rudania is a complete non-threat. Should the Rito ignore Medoh? No, and they're not. Is it really that big of a deal? No. Medoh obviously just doesn't like them fucking with it, like a lion shooing its cubs. It's not attacking the Village with a population of 12, it's just defending itself. Where. Is. The. Heroism.

Why only recently? How does that make any fucking sense? It's been active for 100 years, but only recently.
>things either happened, or are going to happen. Nothing is ever in the process of happening, or appears to be

BotW isn't really any different from any other open world game. It paints a picture of world, and fails to bring it to life by having it wait for (You) to show up to the party, except there isn't even much of a party to arrive at in BotW.
>>
>>386650308
that's why it's a shitty game, even in storytelling

>you slept for 100 years
>first guess: because you were defeated by ganon?
>the game then reveals that and the shallow cutscenes with poor voice acting just make it worse
>>
>>386650446
it's literally you opinion

splitting well designed puzzle rooms in 120 different locations isn't better than adding 4-5 full, original dungeons
>>
>>386650462
>shitty game
Nah

The story is perfectly functional, it doesn't need to have some epic tweest to be good
>>
>>386650578
speak for yourself

it's by far one of the worst Zeldas in a matter of storytelling/plot, even surpassing SS by a large mile
>>
>>386650452
>Where. Is. The. Heroism
You are helping them solve a problem. Is that not enough?
>>
File: 1465404028426.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465404028426.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>>386650083
>Calamity Ganon was prepared for Hyrule's attempt to repeat history; he sent four wraith-like incarnations of himself to corrupt the Divine Beasts and slay their Champions, while using his own dark power to take control of the Guardians and use them against the people of Hyrule
I mean, sort of. I didn't write the plot to this bullshit, but when your antagonist is a primordial incarnation of evil and is supposed to want nothing but complete ruination upon the peoples of the lifeless Kingdom your empty vessel of a protagonist is resurrected to save, I kind of expect to get just a hint of that during the actual game.
>>
>>386650680
Speak for yourself as well, what's the point of the conversation? The plot isn't even bad, just simple
>>
>>386650747
He's contained, he can't do much. He already did all of that, it makes zero sense for him to be able to do it again after he is trapped
>>
File: khjzpwxpdovxjd38ngsp.png (606KB, 800x412px) Image search: [Google]
khjzpwxpdovxjd38ngsp.png
606KB, 800x412px
>>386650716
Not really because I don't care about the Gorons. Call me callous, but I can't remember a single one of their names. I mean that would be pretty neat if there was a Goron character who was interesting and well written and actually had screen time, so you'd get to know him and then by extension of his relation (You) the player would want to aid him and his people.

oh...wait...
of course I'm implying the writing in the DLC is going to be good, which is a generous assumption
>>
>>386650747
It's in the game though?
>>
>>386650997
If you don't care why aid them? Just up and leave. It's called a choice, and it does have a consequence
>>
>>386650997
The writing in the base game is already great so why not?
>>
>>386650954
> It's the way the plot is written, it conveniently has it so things either happened, or are going to happen. Nothing is ever in the process of happening, or appears to be
>>
File: 1461208288740.gif (7KB, 248x240px) Image search: [Google]
1461208288740.gif
7KB, 248x240px
>>386651147
Because I thought the dungeon might be good. I admit, it was my fault.
>>
>>386651285
So you want a completely different setting, focus and story? Maybe the game just ain't for you
>>
>>386651431
Yeah, it's your fault. The dungeon is good, just short (like all beasts)
>>
File: G4K.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
G4K.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
>>386651442
Pretty much.

>>386651506
Oh no doubt, Rudania is probably the best if for no other reason because it was the first one I did. That's sort of the story of my experience with BotW, you do something once and you never really want to do it again, and there ain't a whole lot to do expect pray whatevers over that mountain side is intriguing and it never is
>>
>>386651616
What is intriguing to you? Because if you don't like shrines you would fucking hate this game
>>
>>386639758
OH SHIT
>>
File: Firstborn.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Firstborn.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>386651738
I liked the Shrines, I think I ended with about 65 or somewhere around that number, and even that was too many for me.
As I think you've probably heard a lot; A tighter focus, less Shrines, more originality in the puzzles, and maybe a bit longer. The Shrine Quests were also a let down, even though they were the highlight for me. I get what people have said that you did the quest or solved the overworld puzzle to get into them, and again those parts were usually fantastic, but I didn't do them for a worthless stat up. I wanted a bigger, better, more thoughtful Shrine following up the Shrine Quest.

Also on a semi-related note; Why did the Sheikah build so many Shrines to "test" the hero of prophecy by having him do stuff he will absolutely never use during his quest to smite Ganon? And where was my ancient Sheikah city to explore? Things like that is all that racked my brain while playing BotW. It's all just such a retread inside a nonsensical world.
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.