[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple question. Is pic related good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

Simple question. Is pic related good?
>>
>>385252539
Yeah. Gameplay isn't really there but it's somewhat engaging enough to get through the game. Story is simple but executes the themes of loss and love better than TWD has.
>>
If you like loli on loli action
>>
>>385252539
It's a masterpiece
>>
>>385252768
Why do you have to bring up TWD in order to explain why this good? Why can't this game stand on its own without being compared to hundreds of other things in order to defend it
>>
>>385252539

Its a decent game. It doesn't live up to the hype or perfect 10 scores though. Not even close. Still a solid 8.
>>
Theres about 3 really good sections in the whole game, the first group zombie encounter in the skyscraper when youre getting used to the mechanics, the sewer section with the frantic survival at the end, and the last underground tunnel section where youre totally geared up and against a good sized horde of zombs. The last section in particular is great for stealth and guns blazing
>>
>>385253302
Because it's stupidly similar to TWD to the point that there's no avoiding referencing it.
>>
>>385253520
Forgot to mention, the rest of the encounters are pretty shit except for one memorable stealth bit against humans in a marketplace where you can play with the ai and theyre pretty good. Theyll form groups and try to flush you out of your last seen location, shit like that
>>
>>385253302
Its contextual reference, speaking about anything in a vacuum is harder than you think. You do it constantly without realizing
>>
>>385252539
Pretty cheap now so I'd say it's worth a playthrough. Also liked the SnD mode it had. Don't bother with the dlc.
>>
The multiplayer was GOAT but by now its probably full of meta abusing fucks. Shame none of the maps incorporated total darkness forcing you to use your flashlight, or throwing a couple of stray zombies in every now and then to shake things up for both teams
>>
>>385252539
It's a decent movie
>>
File: 1498623254789.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1498623254789.gif
2MB, 350x350px
Hijacking the thread.

More specifically how is the ps4 version vs the ps3?
>>
>>385253983
it looks a bit better
>>
>>385252539
Decent game, it's mostly a movie. If you're looking for gameplay, play something else.
>>
>>385252539
A good GAME?
No.
>>
>>385253885
This.
I even watched it on Youtube. God bless 1080p video.
>>
>>385252768
there's more gameplay than cutscenes what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>385252539
>>>/tv/
Wrong board, friendo.
>>
>>385252768
>>385253885
>>385254296
>>385254429
>>385254432

People who havent actually played the game
>>
>>385252539
Yes, don't listen to /v/ memes
>>
>/v/ shits on TLOU for being a movie

>/v/ also has constant threads about fighting game inputs being too hard
>>
>>385254637
Of course I haven't.
I watched the almost 4 hours cutscene movie that's on youtube and had a good time.
Some friend tried to get me to actually play it and I got bored after 30 minutes.
>>
>>385252539
It's a decent game with a decent story. The difference is it's heralded as masterful writing when in reality video game stories are usually shit, so anything competent is seen as genius. The SP gameplay is sort of boring, but the multiplayer was fun as fuck.
>>
honestly, it's not bad. it takes a lot from RE4 (in my eyes a very good thing), but unfortunately it still feels like a western game through and through.
timesink "puzzles" ie. moving thing from point A to obvious point B rrrreeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy slowly is just crap. and there's tons of it.
lots of "story", but i don't recall kojima-length cutscenes. a lot of the dialogue is interspersed with the "exploration" parts of the game.
that being said, the game basically oscillates between two "modes", you could call them: the aforementioned exploration which is just you looking around for supplies while dialogue occurs, and combat, which is pleasantly decent. nothing crazy good, but still decent.
a solid 8/10 i'd give it, though it is a bit dated now so maybe a little under that.
if you are into cliche post apoc zombie stories, you'll probably like it.
good voice acting by video game standards... OK, let's be honest, GREAT by video game standards, which are generally terrible.
i wish they had gotten more crazy with the combat. you never truly feel like you could be overwhelmed. autosave at every room too so not a huge sense of survival, though i think there's less of that on harder difficulty, i could be wrong though (it's been a while). everything is basically easy to overcome and there's not really any intimidating parts of the game; ie., it's very "fair" - which is good for some people's tastes, i guess, but at the end of the day it's just kind of bland, in a gameplay sense, and there's nothing here that will surprise you.
it sounds like i'm nitpicking, but i want to stress: IT IS NOT A BAD GAME. it is a FINE game. it is NOT a DAMN fine game nor an AMAZING game. it is simply GOOD and not much more. if you think you'd have better things to do with your time, you probably would. if you think you'll like it, you probably will.
>>
>>385254637
I played on ps3 when it came out.
>>
>>385253520
Flamethrower plus the games loot system ruins all the late game combat, if you just shoot small bursts you'll catch most enemies on fire for only a couple ammo, and the loot in game favors whatever weapon you're using so you end up getting way more ammo than you use even on the hardest difficulty.
To be fair I have not played the remastered version so they may have fixed that but it makes everything in that section absurdly easy.
>>
>>385254812
So you're the kind of person that Story Mode is ME3 was made for.

aka a faggot
>>
>>385255015
No, I just don't like playing shooters on consoles.
>>
It's okay. Not spectacular like everyone made it out to be, not terrible like everyone also seems to think it is. It's just okay. Story is fine, areas are fine, the only thing I would say is don't play on Survivor or Grounded (At least for a first playthrough), they ruin the game by making it so you never use guns at all due to waiting for the next encounter and having arrows break 75% of the time while choking everyone out. It makes areas like picture related a game of running in circles to get behind an inftected's back to instantly kill them and use the iframes to run around. You can't even open all shiv doors in a single playthrough of Grounded without doing the melee glitch, and can only do it in Survivor if you literally don't miss a single knife/badgage pickup and on both those playthroughs you can't ever use it on a single Clicker, if you get grabbed you have to die.
>>
>>385252539
>movie game
David cage at least has the dignity to call his stuff movies.

>>385254757
>/v/ is one person
also I seem to remember most threads that start with that devolve into OP bullying and a normal fighting game thread
>>
>>385252539
I thought it was boring but I pretty much loathe all "cinematic" games with shit gameplay.

If you like moviegames you'll probably enjoy it though.
>>
>>385252539
Its honestly pretty good, but the gameplay feels like youre on rails.
>>
Coincidentally, I just bought the ps4 version like a week ago. It's okay. The animations for the melee are fairly satisfying but I wish there was like a block button or a sway to dodge shit with. Mostly you just mash the one button, which kinda blows. Mulching idiots with a shotgun is cool too. The stealth (which I feel is the intended way to play judging by how shit is set up) is a little broken because there's no way to grab an enemy from around a corner or stop him if he suddenly turns around on you. Even if you grab him immediately and he doesn't actually make a sound at all, everyone knows where you are. Basically, the game pretends to hold realism above all, but the stealth (like in most games) is anything but realistic. This would be fine, but it's not only unrealistic, it's unsatisfying as well. I just blast shit and punch shit instead.
>>
Yes, although remember it came out 4 years ago.
I really enjoyed it, but if you go in thinking "omg this is gonna be the best game ever" youll probably be left kinda sour.
(it is good, just overhyped like most good games)
>>
File: 400px-LoUs_Pistol.jpg (28KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
400px-LoUs_Pistol.jpg
28KB, 400x235px
Just started playing because it came free with the Amazon prime day ps4 sale
The /k/ in me is triggered as fuck by pretty much all the guns
>generic "pistol" with a barrel the size of a 12 gauge
>magical semi automatic bolt action "hunting rifle"
>typical viddya shotgun that's useless beyond five feet
>bows magically more deadly just because you weren't noticed
>using random bits of scrap metal to "upgrade" guns
pic related
Devs should kill themselves.
Also it has some faggotry in it
>>
>>385252539
Yes it's good but not the masterpiece everyone says it is solid 8/10 walking dead fan fiction meets clunkier gears of war
>>
File: 1491059311715.png (232KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1491059311715.png
232KB, 512x384px
>>385252768
>Gameplay isn't really there but it's somewhat engaging enough to get through the game.

I disagree when playing on Grounded mode, it really gives that feel of very scarce resources, stealth is passable to decent and the enemies really pose a real threat when they start flanking your ass and you can bluff with an empty pistol as a legit tactic.

The gameplay really shines in MP and in my opinion the MP is one of the best there is on consoles.

As for the story, the intro when i bought it completely blind was great for me since i didnt think they would have the balls to actually go though killing a kid, after that it was a standar afiar of Father & Daughter story.

As for the levels and the world design, i just loved it because i know of very few games that have that "I am legend" type of erosion in cities and overall i loved almost all the levels.

Overall i would say is a very strong 8/10, the thing that really drags it down is the ladder scenes where you just walk around dragging a ladder or shit like that, i mean is a nice change of peace after brutally killing a guy with a shotgun, but is overused and you get to a point where you know the formula.

That is why people call it a movie or cinematic, however, when the gameplay kicks in, you enjoy it a lot more.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.