[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk, Hotline Miami 2 is better than 1.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: f.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
f.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Real talk, Hotline Miami 2 is better than 1.
>>
>>385098108
Narrative/Story/Feels wise yes
Gameplay/Level Design wise no

This is objectively the correct answer
>>
nope
>>
It felt like a game that didn't need to get made. It was 2 hard 4 me at some points, too. I ended up finishing it once with the best ratings but no way was I gonna play through it again on the hard mode.
>>
>>385098189
>le ebin my completely subjective opinion is a widely objective fact maymay

>>>/out/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>385099074

he's right though

any time you died in HM1 it was your own fault
most deaths in HM2 were from some asshole with an aggro range longer than your field of vision which you then had to memorize on your next run
>>
Better gameplay, worse levels.

The story was just as interesting as the first, and the graphics were slightly more polished.

The soundtrack was also of equal quality.

Really, I'd just like to play the original character through the game.
>>
>>385099193
>literally what is scoping ahead

wew lad
>>
>the split second window of time where enemies won't notice you when entering a room is gone
>enemies aggro ranged increased dramatically, now going beyond the actual fucking camera
>windows literally everywhere
>only way to play the game is to bait people around corners
>melee now completely fucking worthless

First game rewarded you for playing like a complete maniac, second game punishes you for doing anything other than playing it safe.

it's a shit game that completely missed the appeal of the first game. The story and music and visuals were better, the game was not.
>>
>>385098198
ooh shit that house reminds me of that movie 13 ghosts. It scared the shit outta me as a kid
>>
>>385099309

this is a hotline miami thread not a sniper elite thread
>>
>>385099342
they showed that movie, including gory deaths, on ABC Family once.
ABC Family has never done anything like that again.
>>
REAL HUMAN BEAN
>>
>>385099309
You can look farther ahead, but even then the ranged enemies were quite often still out of your field of view, so that makes it so that you essentially need to keep peeking in and out of cover trying to bait shots to learn where they're at. This wouldn't be bad if the gameplay was designed around that kind of approach, but for Hotline Miami, based around fast and precise action, it totally ruins the pace of combat.
>>
>>385099342
That movie scared the shit out of me when I was a kid too, but watching it as an adult I can say that it's objectively not all that scary or even good.
>>
>>385099020
>>385098189
pussies
>>
>>385099074
This is shitposting right here
>>
>>385099074
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVKw2cOBiTo
>Even the speedrunner who mastered this game to the point of speedrunning it agrees the level design is a complete mess and that many things gameplay were made worse.

Too many windows is just the Dante's white hair argument. WAY too many enemies crammed into impossibly small spaces, long hallways where people will take shots at you the instant they're drawn, even when holding shift, obnoxious use of fatty enemies who were made 20 times worse because of the way they broke them as far as the timer they run on goes, melee only a last resort because everyone and everything has a gun.

Some things were great. I actually loved the non lethal guy's missions, the music is god like, I enjoyed the story more, but holy shit it is just unfun.
>>
Both games are indie trash and Ive seen newground games that play and look better than it, even with shity flash graphics.
>>
>>385099865
>random autist agreed so i'm right lol

you're all just buttblasted because you got #WINDOWED

git gud scrubs
>>
Ending is hype as fuck.
Too many guns and windows.

Replay levels from 1st one way more often.
>>
>>385099924

Holy Shit kill yourself
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.